Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

GoDaddy.com websites start at around $12 for the first year. Additional products include domains, websites, marketing, Wordpress, hosting, web security, email and the GoDaddy mobile app. Partner programs include affiliates, reseller programs and GoDaddy Pro for designers and developers.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Godaddy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Godaddy.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: July 26, 2020

Godaddy has the worst customer service. Their representatives only care about selling you their products and do not help at all. I called for one issue four times, and each time I get a different answer and an offer to buy products. Each representative tried to sell me a different product instead of helping me.

Original review: July 23, 2020

We have been a long time Godaddy customer, with many services subscribed and pay them a handsome sum every year. However, when it came to getting a refund on a service cancellation, we were denied the refund. Customer service rep did not listen to our case at all, and kept saying the same thing again and again, stating that the service was paid for and we were outside of the 30-day refund window.

In reality, the wild card SSL certificate was auto renewed two months before its expiration date, and was NEVER used. As a matter of the fact, our website was not protected when the old cert expired and we had to scramble to buy a standard SSL to secure our website. When I called in to cancel the wild card SSL, I was told that I was outside of the 30-day refund period, and they could only give me a one-year credit on a two-year certificate! This wild card SSL has done nothing for us, and even if it has, we were only two months into the two-year period. Why can't they prorate the refund? After all, we are cancelling a product that is supposed to protect our website for two years.

GoDaddy is just greedy and doesn't care about its customers. The very reasons they auto renew SSL TWO MONTHS before its expiration date are (1) they get your money early, and (2) they set it up so that they can refuse to refund to you if the SSL has any issues when you actually install it. This is THE WORST customer service I've ever experienced. I'll start transfer my domains and other services to Bluehost or Domain.com.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I purchased some domains with Godaddy in Australia and they set the domains on auto renew. Godaddy kept taking funds out of my account. When I tried to log in I was trying to log in from the USA site not the Australian site. I asked them repeatedly to stop taking funds out of my account. Rather than telling me I was trying to log in on the wrong site they let the direct debits keep happening until I figured it out myself. They are not helpful at all.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I’m going to relate my experience with GoDaddy’s web development. On June 12, 2020 I paid GoDaddy $3,006 to build a website. I had done a temporary website myself that contained everything I wanted and all they had to do was duplicate it. I even included a list of specific items I wanted. On June 17th they had posted their first attempt. I could not have been more disappointed. It was nothing more than a down and dirty attempt that completely ignored what I had asked for. I figured I could get it corrected but was told that no corrections could be done until we had a revision meeting on June 26th (9 days of nothing being done).

At the revision meeting I was told it would be another 14 days before I could have any input again. Do not think you’ll have access to anyone except when they can get around to it. That’s no way to treat a customer. I asked for my $3,006 back and was told a customer service rep would call me within two days to discuss. No one called.

On July 7th I called them and was told it was being turned over to a supervisor who would immediately take care of it, but they would not provide a name or contact number. No one called. On July 9th I denied the charges with the credit card company. On July 20th I finally get a call with the we’re so sorry crap and what can we do to fix this. The only way to fix it is to give me my money back. I was told per their policy they would only refund $1,800. Seriously. Now I’m in a legal battle. You best seriously think about using this company and certainly before you give them any money. They leave you little recourse if you’re not satisfied with the product. Disgusting at best. I’ll continue to post as I litigate this so everyone can experience what it’s like to work with GoDaddy web development.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I have been hosting my business site with Godaddy for more than 10 years and I have purchased consulting from them for Search Engine Optimization. I've had to call with questions many times and was very impressed each time that I got a human on the phone who spoke great English, was friendly and understood exactly what the problem was. Occasionally I had to be transferred to someone else but the quality of the service and the courtesy were always top notch. When I hired them for SEO services Godaddy registered my websites with dozens of directories and improved the keywords to get more hits. Once I even got a refund because they could not do what I wanted done. No hassles, immediate refund. I just wish all the other companies I deal with were that professional, that prompt and that honest.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I am not familiar with computers, websites or WordPress. I purchased a domain through GoDaddy, hired a tech and had a website developed by a tech I found online. Long story short, I know nothing about website development. My error was that after the website was complete l, and $1200 spent on the website, the tech hijacked the website to Namecheap and wanted an additional $500 to transfer it back. HE WAS TRYING TO GET ADDITIONAL MONEY AFTER I PAID HIM $1200. I found out the company that it was transferred to was namecheap. I got in touch with them. They investigated the situation after I sent them proof of not only my ownership information, but asked them to call the phone number, my number which was still on the website. They called and I answered.

The representative from namecheap was so helpful and told me that she would send me an email with instructions on how to get the domain and website back. Basically they asked GODADDY to send them a request and they would transfer it back. GODADDY REFUSED. They said they weren't going to get involved in a "civil matter" and told me to hire an attorney and sue the person in question. I found out that THEY ARE LOCATED IN BANGLADESH! I followed up with GODADDY and they JUST RE FORWARDED the initial email telling me to hire a lawyer.

THIS IS AFTER NAMECHEAP VERIFIED MY INFORMATION AND SAID THAT THEY WOULD TRANSFER IT BACK. GODADDY REFUSED to help me! I am older and not familiar with the process of putting websites together. I trusted GoDaddy, but when it came time to TRULY help one of their customers, I WAS SHOCKED .... BECAUSE THEY SAID NO. But I believe in Karma both in life and in business. I will not stop until my message reaches as many people as possible. STAY AWAY FROM GODADDY!

Original review: July 2, 2020

This January I paid to renew my two internet domains. For 30 years I've worked to develop a violence prediction tool. It's saved 640 lives already in Chicago by targeting 147,000+ high risk youth with jobs, mentors and anger management. I just found out Godaddy.com just resold the domain I paid for on 22 January 2020 to a Wuhan China domain squatter. After days of calling consumer affairs I am going after the executives. Why do these people continue to be in business?

Original review: June 27, 2020

I have 3 websites with GoDaddy. They kept going down for months. They told me it was my fault and that they needed to re-build or just change my hosting plan etc. Sold me more products and still did not work. Eventually someone went in and they did something to the DNS and they would work then go down again. This happened several times. Then someone eventually told me there was malware on my sites and sold me a package that they said was for all 3 sites. Then only applied it to one site.

They now say, "Well that is too bad," and have not refunded me for falsely making me believe this product was going to fix all three sites. I am starting to believe even though they say "we love helping customers" They actually like deceiving customers and their ultimate goal is to actually just make money of people. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually caused problems to peoples sites knowing that customers would have to call in hence another opportunity to scam them and make money.

Original review: June 19, 2020

I wanted to buy a certain domain name for my company. This domain name was already owned by someone and was for sale at around US$ 65. So I went ahead and bought it. Then, after the payment went through, I was told that the owner of this domain name is actually selling it for 500 USD! So I turned down the offer and asked for a refund of the original 69 USD, which by the way should never have been charged in the first place. After a couple of email exchanges with GoDaddy where I was asking for a refund, they stopped responding me. So I tried the chat on their website. As soon as the chat agent was informed that I wanted a refund he stopped responding to my questions and I had to close the chat. Still no refund on the account after weeks of trying to contact Godaddy. This looks like downright theft.

Original review: June 14, 2020

I am a developer and I had published my website and it worked well without any issue during the whole time. However, the website suddenly showed 404 error. I contacted to the customer service and a hosting team(?) member came to the chat and asked me what's the issue. I said my website url suddenly does not work, and also any changes via ftp were not applied on the website. For this, the answers I heard were amazing. They were basically "I am sure that your script(code) is wrong. If you put right index(???) it must be fine. Also I see an error on f12! Contact to a developer around you." He looked just so unprofessional, silly and even stupid. How scripts that worked for a month (even I checked 3 hours ago before the issue) can suddenly make a these server side error?

I was 100% sure this person has no idea about what he was talking about. He was like a parrot that speaks the same thing over and over. He could not give me any solution, just keep saying my script is wrong. I TOLD him several times the url just does not work even with the given default setting from themselves. I even deleted all of my scripts and showed him it does not work regardless of my stuffs. HOWEVER, he kept saying the similar things over and over. At the end, I figured out the issue by myself (it was a cache issue). He did not help me at all only thing I got from him was stress, disappointment and a thought that "I will never work with Godaddy." If he was really a engineer or technician there, they had been doomed already. They have no idea about their thing and development. They resolve issues by making customers as dummies.

Godaddy.com Company Information