Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com

3.6/5 (546 ratings)

About Godaddy.com

GoDaddy is a web host and domain provider that offers multiple website plans and features. One of the largest domain-hosting companies, GoDaddy also provides multiple add-on services and 24/7 customer support.

Pros

• One of the largest domain hosts
  • Plans for Linux and Windows
  • 24/7 phone support

Cons

• Extra cost for backup
  • Limited live chat help

Bottom Line

GoDaddy is a web host and domain registrar. It offers affordable introductory rates and some free features in the first year. Many of its features come with extra costs that can add up quickly.

Godaddy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Godaddy.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy?

Original review: July 2, 2022

After 19 years of hosting my domain through GoDaddy, they retracted features (went back on my contract), removing tools that were critical to my domain usage. The solution was to start paying them $400 a year more than what I was previously paying. When I explained this to the customer service and sales representative, he was notably disaffected, and other than saying "if I could offer those services to you for free, I would, but I can't." That's all he said. The only option I had to prevent the excessive expense was to transfer my domain after all of these years. However, GoDaddy immediately froze all of my domain features, locking me out of my email forwarding aliases. This caused loss of email for days, and it is still not resolved.

Currently, the settings and transfer pages of GoDaddy's site say that my domain is a "transfer in process," but there is NO confirmation or estimate of the timeline.

Now, thanks to GoDaddy, I am without email, indefinitely. No one will tell me how long until the transfer completes, either. This was an absolute stab in the back and a betrayal by a selfish company that does not care at all for its loyal customer base after years of support.

Original review: July 2, 2022

A domain name I wanted expired but I still could not purchase so I contacted GoDaddy.com to see why I could not purchase. I was told the domain would be available within 48 hours or I could pay the $69.99 broker fee plus 20% of the sale price to secure the domain. Exactly 48 hours later I still was not able to purchase so I rechecked the WHOIS and at the exact time I contacted them, the WHOIS was "updated" to not expire until the same date in 2023. This domain has never been used by the original purchaser. Godaddy is a bunch of bs scammers!!!

Original review: June 30, 2022

They canceled my 5 years old domain without my consent and listed it for $12000 on premium selling. Godaddy canceled my domain- www ellemart.com from my account; and sent me an email that I have canceled this domain myself! Can you imagine that you are paying the renewal price every year, and suddenly it got expired and this company canceled your 5-year-old domain! This is a painful experience. I am just hopeless! Now, they are telling me that this is their policy!

NOTE: I had another .com domain that expired before this domain, but I was able to renew that on the 19th of June, but for this domain because of rich keyword, they canceled this intentionally for doing PREMIUM business. THEY ARE TOTALLY FRAUDS. I will share more details of my genuine experience in all possible fields online. This is how this company does business.

PLEASE STAY AWAY FOR BUYING ANY DOMAIN from this company, otherwise today/tomorrow you will lose your domain. I had domains at other popular companies, but I had no such experience with them. This is not the first time, I heard this type of thing also happened to others, and today I am experiencing this! #STAY_AWAY_FROM_GODADDY #Fraud_godaddy #Godaddy_scammer #scamcompanygodaddy

Original review: June 27, 2022

GoDaddy - Email Service. My business email has been shut down due to some security update GODADDY is performing on clients who use Microsoft Outlook 365. My email has been down for a week and now they say maybe another 3 days. I called once or twice a day, stayed up ALL night on chat and they still cannot recover my email and get my business email of 20+ years up and running. I get 200+ emails a day for my business and suddenly I am shut down. THey told me if I filled out the form they would fix my problem and send me an email in UP TO 72 hours, this is after I was down for 2 days!

I called every day to check on it AFTER THE 72 hours passed. FINALLY they said OH you filled out the wrong form! BS! On the phone they said yes sir we know what you need, you are having problems with your email password! I SAID YES! Then on day 5 they said I completed the wrong ticket! Why didn't they tell me that on days 1-5? Now on week two they are saying complete the form for email access! I said how long will this take and they said 3 more days! All of this so they can HELP me by beefing up security! If I need help I will ask for it! Don't just shut me down!

Original review: June 22, 2022

A few weeks ago I find out my website down, I immediately contact GoDaddy. The support team told me they delete my website from GoDaddy because my credit card was expired, but they had my second credit card which was good. GoDaddy would care much about customers, they are so bad now. I LOST MY WEBSITE. I LOST MY BUSINESS. I LOST MY CUSTOMERS on this very difficult time.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Their customer service and user experience is GARBAGE. Have been locked out of my account for a year while being charged hundreds of dollars and they "never get my account retrieval form". DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Original review: June 13, 2022

I went and try to design a website with Godaddy.com and it was a big mistake, the designer they assigned to us felt like he was finishing a job that he have with no care or attention at all. It was very basic. Content was unprofessional and the images weren't even related to our business so we went to search for images at godaddy images stock and we couldn't find anything in the first 2 pages of our search and the guy said he isn't willing to spend more time on the image search and we can do it and send it to him.

I thought about it and we decided that this is not what we are looking for so we called to cancel the service and we spoke to the customer service dept again to cancel and they talked us to new designer and that they will make sure this time is different and they set up a new meeting. The new designer was different. He missed the meeting. No one called or anything. I called back to cancel and I spoke with a customer success manager and she said, "It happens that people miss their meetings so let's set you up a new one" which I totally denied the offer and asked for a full refund due to the poor service but she said they will keep $500 because I am the one who cancelled. So you either live with this kind of service or lose your money. I am moving all my business to a new hosting and email company after 9 years of partnership with godaddy. They are only after your money.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I had Web Service renewal on auto pay for the last 8 years. I had always had 2-3 billing options for my account. I had received an email of thanks for renewal. 30 days later, my website was removed, including all the WordPress code. During those 30 days, I was also sent upgrade notifications. I called into Service and ended up being told I need to pay more attention to emails and my billing. They say they sent 3 notifications, but I can't find any in email (while I have 200 other emails). I told them they may have gone to SPAM, but I was then told since it was clear I didn't have an IT person in my small business cause they would be doing SPAM reviews. I said I used GoDaddy because I don't have IT person, and that's why they get business.

They charged $149 to restore and reapply code (took 4 days). Wrote to CEO and they said they would only apply $149 to store credit. I asked for it to be applied to SSL renewal $199. That was missed, and I paid the full $199. Their actions demonstrate a total lack of concern, empathy or follow through. It is not the same as it was 6-8 years ago. They will be losing this small customer, and clearly they don't care.

Original review: June 1, 2022

When setting up a domain, I used a prepaid card (A Vanilla Gift Card as I didn't want to lose sleep over data breaches) to make the payment since gift cards do not come with names. Now GoDaddy is asking me to provide an ID card for the random name used on the gift cards meaning if I do register with "John Doe" - GODADDY wants me to provide an ID card for John Doe with a Vanilla Gift Card payment.

The customer service is even worse. They do not know what they are doing. They employed Tone-Deaf people that cannot resolve simple matters, if you are accepting payments with gift cards, you should know that these gift cards do not come with any name. What baffles me is how businesses like this remain in business.

Original review: May 21, 2022

This is a warning for you. I am building a website on there cleoptraorganics.shop and every step is more and more money and no functionality. I still cannot post from GoDaddy to eBay or Amazon as you should be able to do because it is reading my website as USA website. Then when you log in to GoDaddy you can do that with social log-ins, like Fb or Google. However, if you want it on your website for your own customers it is not available unless you purchase their email.

It is already bad enough you have log in and synchronize with another couple companies to get your reviews working and your merchant, and you already paid for website and then you paid for merchant website, and you have to pay another video company if you want to upload videos to your website. So more extra. They got few format and you can't even change the sizes of pictures. The merchant templates doesn't even show to customers what payment methods are available. Absolutely horrifying experience!! Be warn!!! GO to WIX website, 10 years ago they were better than GoDaddy is today. I feel like I been SCAMMED!!!

Original review: May 20, 2022

GoDaddy charged 575.52 for another 4 years webhosting a site. I cancelled because I am no longer in business. I was told I would be credited by two people. The third person said it could not be credited.

Original review: May 20, 2022

The process of buying the domain was easy. The support for the hosting, problems with the site and getting assistance is subject to a chat window hosted either by a moron or a computer. If you call Go Daddy be prepared to sit 15 - 30 minutes waiting to be disconnected. Don't waste your money on this company. You may think you are getting a bargain but it is not worth the trouble after they cash the check.

Original review: May 18, 2022

Run screaming from this company. Horrific customer service. Inadequate support. Overpriced. Behavior bordering on fraudulent. If there isn't a class action in play now there should be. Our retail site has been down for three days. The GoDaddy's server on which our site resides was intermittently down for several weeks and now completely down for more than 4 business days.

Clients have no way to find us, no way to reach us and no way to acquire product. There have been no updates, no repairs and information in various forums indicates that this problem has been ongoing for weeks. Advice from tech support is absurd - "tell your clients to disable their firewall to access your site" and the most absurd "ask your customers to shut down all virus protection so that they can access your site." If Google crawls our site while this is in play, we absolutely will lose ranking and with that, likely many thousands of dollars in sales. Can't say enough horrific, bad, awful things about this terrible, terrible company.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Go Daddy email tech support is not a professional or reliable support team. The first person I called in gave me inaccurate information so I called back. Bob with email tech support was the least helpful, most disrespectful person I've ever had to interact with the phone. He repeatedly cut me off and didn't listen. I asked a question about the security update through Inky that my company had just upgraded to, and he immediately became defensive and didn't answer my question. I told him a second time what I needed help with, and he finally said, "well you should have started off with saying that." I tried to tell him that I had started off the conversation like that, but he interrupted me again so I doubt he even heard me. Ultimately, his tech support did not resolve my issue and my email is still compromised.

Original review: May 5, 2022

This is a terrible horrible company. I was approved for a loan online and it explained I was just waiting for funding. It was not funded immediately like they advertised. The next day they said they could not honor the approval and wasted my time. Do not trust these people. They do not honor their contracts and they use their power to hurt people.

Original review: May 2, 2022

I have used Godaddy for over 10 yrs since 2021, their fees have increased with hidden fees, poor service and now they are refusing to release my domains to another hosting company until I pay them $20 to “renew my domain.” Move over to Wix, their service is just as good, no hidden fees and their site builder is almost brainless to use.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Godaddy is terrible company. I have opened an account with them for business merchant service right after accepting credit card. They hold my account means they holding money. They have told me they send me the paperwork for business which I did. They still holding money for 20 days. Do not open any merchant service with them. When you ask them a question they keep answering same answer security check which I never seen this with my 20 years business. Keep away from Godaddy. Very poor customer service. I will also complain them to BBB.

Original review: April 15, 2022

GoDaddy is involved in wholesale domain squatting, as a BUSINESS PRACTICE. The way they do it is through a bogus address in St. Marten, to mask their shady operations and increase your legal expense to get your domain, even if it is trademarked. The equation they've worked out is that it's less expensive to pay their ransom fee than it is to sue them, and they've been sued PLENTY. I know of no other company that operates this way, and it is a horrible practice.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I had receive the services of GoDaddy for years, until I realize that your company charge hiding charges after several years and multiples charges. I called to request an explanation. GoDaddy said that they are entitle to charge whatever they want based on your account under autorenewal. I do not agree to be charge for that and they don’t want to refund for the services that never requested, but also for the services that paid in advance they do not agree to pro rated. That being said this is a company that take advantage of people, nor worthy to do business with. I highly recommend to look other places that I do ensure they would not steal from you!

Original review: April 3, 2022

My domain expired on 13-3-2022 (18 days ago). I didn't receive a single email in this regard to renew it or anything and now when I found out, I contacted them and they confirmed that they're holding the domain for 30 days but I will have to pay $80 + $19.99 to renew it. After many requests they offered that they'll waive fees if I renew domain for multiple years with them. This is straight forward extortion. Isn't it? Porkbun, Namecheap and all other registrars out there have 30 days grace period. I requested them so much that I can't afford to pay $80 for renewal but they didn't budge. It's so so bad. NEVER EVER buy your business domain with them, They have the 4th highest Renewal cost ($20) while Epik, Porkbun and all other have ($8).

Original review: March 22, 2022

I started out trying to find a reputable website design company, and decided to go with "Go Daddy." They said they would have my website up and running in a few weeks. Over 4 weeks and I was pushed back another 20 days just for a review. Then it would take days to get a return call, or anyone to help with the design of my website. I paid 2300 dollars up front to have a "turn key" website. After several weeks of being frustrated with the initial design, and moved from one designer to another, and my calendar not being correct for clients to choose services. I decided to cancel my request since it wasn't even 80% close to being completed. At first the person that talked to me said they could only refund me 950!! I debated with him for a while and he finally agreed to give me back 1250 of my 2300!!!! And they did nothing for me but cause me stress and anger. I have prayed and tried to be a Christian in this endeavor. But this company did me very wrong!!!!

Original review: March 12, 2022

The sales person certainly played me for the fool when I agreed to pay a premium (2.5 grand; normally 4 grand) to have my website constructed by GoDaddy. I was assured that I would have access to a team of experts in the fields of marketing, content development, search engine optimization, and security. I will say this, they sure do have their elevator speech well prepared. The delivery, however, was very disappointing. My supposed "custom" site, looks suspiciously like many templates I have seen across the web.

The content creators that I neither saw nor heard from seemed to have trouble constructing the simplest syntax. I had to correct them repeatedly (through a human intermediate) and ended up just writing the majority of it myself over the course of several hours. When I view my site on the godaddy builder, I see all these warnings about how my site is not optimized for incoming traffic. I can't speak to the security, as this is something I know little about. However, considering the quality of their other expert services, I can hazard a guess that my website is about as secure as a wet paper bag. As far as marketing, I see absolutely no marketing touch across my build. I am beyond disappointed. I will never use their services again.

Original review: March 12, 2022

This is a self-service kind of company. Don't expect the staff here to help with anything. Seems like they just hired a bunch of high school kids to man the phones and chat lines. I waited over 30 minutes to get a "I don't know, I can't really help" kind of response.

Original review: March 11, 2022

As a small business with many items to sell, I had around 4000 pictures of products and then one day it broke. Seriously, the website broke! I was no longer able to add or even delete photos anywhere on the website. I called 3 times and chatted a few times but at the end of the day no one would help me. I even opened a ticket to try and get it resolved to no avail. There is no mention on the quantity of pictures you can have and if there was a limit I would have not gone over that limit. Whatever, I am in the process of switching my site to another service provider. Godaddy fell way short of their advertised customer experience!

Original review: March 10, 2022

As a seasoned web developer, I have used GoDaddy.com for over 15 years. As a Domain provider, they are excellent, but as a new side business, they have begun to offer hosting. Their staff however have NO KNOWLEDGE of network administration at all, don't even attempt to help and just ignore your questions and shun you.

The issue I was having was that Google's crawler was triggering the DDoS protection on the GoDaddy server when loading the mobile page and the IPv6 address needed to be whitelisted. The support staff initially tried to tell me that the server had NO FIREWALL. If you know anything about web development, then you'll know how comical it is that they even suggested this. It's a bit like a bank robber being surprised at a bank having a security system. Then they tried to just say that they have no control over it at all. So I guess their servers are managed by AI.

As a web development company, I have set up hundreds of servers, all of which worked perfectly. If there was ever an issue, I was contactable 24/7 and fixed it within 30 minutes every time. This is an utter embarrassment that a company of this size could be so incompetent. It seems quite ironic really, since my business always struggled because customers always wanted to go for the big business. Well, this is what you get with a big business, QUANTITY NOT QUALITY!!!

Original review: March 8, 2022

Having requested a domain transfer from Godaddy and having complied with the requirements to do so I received an email saying it would take 5 days to complete unless a request is made to them AND THEN IT'S IMMEDIATE. I initiated the said request but was just fobbed about and advised that GoDaddy could not do it as they could not access my client's account.

1 - Transfer Initiated
2 - Auth Code supplied

3 - Client Approved the Transfer

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FINALIZE? Too lazy and slack to help. Never will I use or recommend Godaddy for any service.

Original review: March 7, 2022

This is my first experience with a website building company for my new e-commerce company. I initially came to GoDaddy for assistance with advice, development, experience, and utility of a professional web designer. When I spoke to the sales pro at GoDaddy Johnathan I was specific in what I needed which was a platform that would allow me to build my brand and navigate customers to my Amazon products with the option adding a store at a later time. Johnathan upsold me on one of the most expensive packages that GoDaddy had to offer. However although the most expensive not worth the value. Another reason I came to GoDaddy was also to take the design aspect of the website off my plate since I am wearing many hats in the initial building phase of this new business adventure.

However, I began to have more appointments, and tasks in order to communicate the esthetic, design, ETHOS and mission I wanted my website to portray. The designer was out of touch with what I asked for; understanding the initial product was a VERY rough first draft I soon realized that it was going to take many more phone calls, apps, and messages to portray what we want in a website. TIME that I do not have -prompting me to call and wish a cancellation less than 30 days that I have even purchased the product. I was then bounced around to three different service members when I reached Nick GoDaddy Manager and ultimately the person to make business negotiations for GoDaddy.

I expressed to him that I was oversold and didn't need the web designer package from scratch and if we could compromise and use my self built site with a pro designer to give me the ability to save time and continue to do business with GoDaddy. I also was willing to keep all of my $2K with GoDaddy and use the credit toward the EOS Marketing. But Nick was rude, short, and not at all willing to negotiate and simply was not interested in keeping my business. To the point of arrogance like as if Godaddy's product was so far more superior - as if. So with this being said I am more than happy for GoDaddy to keep my money-since unwilling to refund only partial. Whatever it takes to never do business with this company again.

Take that a a sound bite a customer willing to pay a company not to do business with them. I have canceled all of my products and have already gave my business to WIX. I wish I would have went to them first. Their product is way more superior easy to use and directly connects to my AMAZON products. They are not pushy but listened to what I needed and have been so helpful and kind - key word kind. GoDaddy keeping the remainder of my money is a true reflection of the business practices and truly we all know these type of practices will not keep your company afloat for long.

I will share my experience with GoDaDDY because you deserve the bad review. Enjoy the $1,900 for your $5.00 service your reputation will soon precede the profit margin. Way to go WIX for hands down offering a superior product, service and all together a stress free experience. I have already started to work with them with building my second website for my real estate business.

Original review: March 5, 2022

10-year+ customer. Purchased new products in February. All good. Then, a week later I was locked out of my account. I've contacted them 4 times and received no useful assistance. No access. No refund. No explanation. I felt all 4 times that I was speaking with AI. I've spent a great amount of time building a website and setting up an email, plus the time spent with these 4 folks trying to get my access back. The complete frustration I am experiencing leaves me wondering "what happened to GoDaddy and their Customer Service?" How can a business operate without access to their website and business email? It can't. I would love to be able to connect with someone that would be willing and able to assist me. However, I can't get past the "AI". Very disappointing.

Original review: March 2, 2022

I've been hosting with GoDaddy 20 years, I tried their website builders and it was very disappointing. They charge a premium to build a simple one page website, I told them I have business hosting and would like to place the new site there. They said because of how they use to build it must be on their platform, I agreed but asked if I would be able to migrate the site anywhere after or to my business hosting I have existing with GoDaddy. They said yes and built my requested site.

Later I tried migrating or I asked GoDaddy to do it as you know it's better to have a professional do it. Well I was told that the plug ins they used to build the site must be disabled to migrate it. I agreed and they told me when they researched that in order for the site to run I must purchase critical plugins $540 dollars. Talk about deceptive practices, So basically I've been blackmailed after the 1 page cost me $1,100 I must now pay an additional $540 to even use it away from their platform. NEVER USE THEM, horrible experience, and I'm a 20 year active user, hosting with GoDaddy,

I'm also been using their SEO services, I've done all they told me I needed to get my site on a national ranking after 2 years and 20 hours a month worth of work I asked why so much of the time is invested in creation and reporting. They are supposed to give me a monthly update, they do about 20 minutes worth at most, some months not even 10 minutes and this is fine but what they allocate of my money is much more than this.

Also their largest portion of time stent is on creation, not really show the work for all the time. I asked to speak to someone who is actually doing the work they claimed they don't work that way. I'm sorry but if I have questions as to where my money is being spent without justification it should be an open book. Since that discussion I have not heard from them and it has definitely been 2 months I wonder what they are up to in spending my money. Anyway it's time to renew and I believe I will start looking for other ways to get this done with clarity and this is not GoDaddy's SEO department.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

The last few years has seen the change in services go from great to abysmal. They no longer seem to have the staff in support with any real knowledge of their product. Issues that I am told will be resolved in hours never get resolved. They lie to you to get you off the phone. The main goal at GoDaddy is to upsell you on items and even try to get you to renew items at an outrageous price knowing that the item is free if a little research is done. This type of business practice usually sounds the death knell in a company. I have already started the process of moving my business elsewhere.

Godaddy.com Company Information