Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

GoDaddy is a web host and domain provider that offers multiple website plans and features. One of the largest domain-hosting companies, GoDaddy also provides multiple add-on services and 24/7 customer support.

Godaddy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Godaddy.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Long story: I've been with GoDaddy since 2010 helping clients maintain their website. They used to be the golden standard in the 2000s but obviously that has changed! Since my clients didn't expect much, I didn't run into issues, until one day, I decided to create a website for myself. I chose Wordpress hosting. I picked a theme, paid for it, no issues for 2 years. On a random day, I decided to change the layout of my main page and when I saved the changes, I was hit with an internal server error (which other people here have mentioned).

When I contacted GoDaddy several times to see if anyone can offer an actual solution, they just kept telling me it's the theme's issue. When they changed my theme back to the default theme, the website was fine. To me, I can't understand how the theme was the issue. It was fine for 2 years and I didn't install ANY updates for it. One of my clients also used the same theme and he had no issues with it either. Eventually, I was tired so I purchased a new theme.

Again, everything was fine until one day, the website refused to load in specific locations, mostly my home, my workplace and my phone on LTE. I didn't even know how long this was going on as I barely view my own website unless I need to. I've asked people in different locations to also view my website and it worked for some people and not others. Many people had the same issue and posted on GoDaddy's forum but had no real solution to the problem. When I called up GoDaddy (3-4 times) and spoke with each of them for at least half hour, I was always getting the "everything is fine on our end" and they continuously blamed my ISP and everyone else's.

At the end, they came up with the idea that the server my website was hosted on is blocked off by ISPs. Why? No one knows. When I asked them if the website could be moved, I was told no because it's a shared server. The CSR told me to switch from Wordpress Hosting to Basic Web Hosting. I had to pay extra and on top of that, it was a frustrating experience. Because of GODADDY'S error and because my website refused to load for no reason, I ended up paying extra for transferring my service and they even had the nerves to want to charge me $100+ for a migration service for their mistake.

At this rate, I was completely through with them. On top of all this, I compared the pricing to other host/domain providers and without GoDaddy's reoccurring "promotion" pricing, they're not much cheaper than other providers. In fact, I could've paid $5 more elsewhere and get SSL certificate/security and daily backups at no extra cost. GoDaddy has been charging me $40 a year for backups and their cheapest SSL pricing was $80 on average. IMO, does it make sense to let a customer worry about these things? Why would anyone want to visit a website that isn't secured? No one does! Why this isn't added or included to any of their hosting plans is beyond my comprehension.

In 2021, GoDaddy is still charging for SSL certification and with different price ranges depending on the customer. Last year, they were charging my husband for a service he never used. GoDaddy credited him for the unused service (a service that he never opted into in the first place, by the way). The agent suggested to put the credit towards to an SSL certificate through phone. Everything seemed fine at the time. Just yesterday, my husband tried to modify his website and for some reason, it wasn't working. Spent 20 minutes on the phone with GoDaddy, the agent said that unless my husband renews and pays $150 for the SSL certificate that he previously had, the website won't work and there's no way around this. Are you serious? Why is the customer responsible for this?

Now my husband is infuriated as he was never told this ahead of time. On top of that, this was an upset product that was credited to him by phone. The agent didn't say anything about the website not working if SSL isn't being paid for anymore. GoDaddy has lost me as a customer, and I warned my husband in the past. Now, they also lost my husband as a customer.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

Terrible Terrible. It is very difficult to port number or have your phone number release to take your business line to a functional telephone company. Their services is very long and drawn out. I was trying to have Goddady release my number to add a line to a family plan which had the same day deadline as my bill and it was quite impossible to get it done as other companies release numbers within minutes. My bill was due in months ahead so I owed no money.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Outgoing emails are constantly being blocked. Sometimes there is a failure message and sometimes there is not. Even some messages being sent to me have been blocked as spam and I did not receive them (not even in my spam folder). The customer service is never helpful. They tell me to submit a form on their website and say I will have to wait for a response. I never get responses or even a confirmation ticket. I have called multiple times and they really don't care to help. They seemed to be trained only to sell their upgraded service. I have never had worse customer service. This is the first time I have ever written a negative review of a company. Business relationships are on the line and Godaddy is a saboteur.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I'm the Senior Architect for a medium sized web development firm. This is the kind of company that seems alright until it isn't... and then you're stuck with nowhere to go. Believe me, this is the kind of company you want to avoid. Most of GoDaddy's services are reliable with the exception of their SSL certificate portal which breaks often. The problem is that they practice "black-box" tech support. If there is a problem on their end then it will be escalated into a realm that is simply inaccessible, and from which they never provide information. Inquiring about the problem with first-level support will get you nowhere. If you're lucky (more often not at all!) you'll get an e-mail when they close the ticket - regardless of whether it has been resolved to your satisfaction.

This is not a single experience either. I have had this a handful of times and I've spent days pulling my hair and trying to get answers. The last time it happened, I e-mailed Auguste ** (Chief People Officer) and Jeff ** (Head of Account Management) pleading for information because there was no other avenue of recourse. They ignored my e-mails. In summary, GoDaddy refuses to be accountable for their problems. You might get a friendly voice on the phone but beyond first-level tech support, no one cares that you exist.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Dave GoDaddy $1,100 deposit to do our company's website. Spent over an hour and a half talking with an individual to give him what we were looking for, their first sample to me was unsatisfactory so they said they would update it and make revisions. After the second revision it's not what I asked for so I asked for my money back. They told me I was ineligible to receive a refund because they did a revision. I lost $1,100 3 months and now have to pay out-of-pocket to another company to do our website.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Go Daddy forced me to upgrade my email after years of being with them. The only way for me to add an email for my new employee was to upgrade my entire email plan to the tune of $2300. I was very frustrated and asked for other options, but was told I had to upgrade all 5 of our emails to their new secure platform. I ended feeling as I had no choice and paid the $2300 only to find out a few months later that it was an optional $88 per month per mail box upgrade to security that I did not need. $50 per month times 3 for 3 of the 5 for back up on top of the already expensive emails. I only just realized this when I went to get a new hire an email set up and was forced to pay another $190 per year for this email as I have to pay for security for this one as well.

On top of it I purchased Microsoft office from them because they said it has 5 licenses so all of my employees could have it on their computers only to find out it's one license I can have on 5 devices so basically I paid $300 for 1 Microsoft office license. Go Daddy is a horrible company, feels like a big scam and if you break it down to monthly I am paying $130 per month for 5 emails and 1 microsoft Office subscription for the next 3 years and the only way to add more emails to my domain is to pay another almost $200 per year per email! Run the other way from these crooks.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I am using GoDaddy shared hosting service for more than 3 years and basically I am stuck with them because my service renewed automatically. I am getting 503 error intermittently and the website is really slow and I installed a fresh copy of WordPress but still, the issue is the same. I called Godaddy customer support three times in a row and the issue still persists. They told me they are running diagnostic every time but never able to figure out the issue and not able to resolve it. I will say their hosting services are really bad and servers are slow and full of issues. Don't buy Godaddy hosting if you do not want to stuck with them over the phone forever.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Go Daddy adds products to accounts without the owner requesting them or using them. When called about the added products, they refused to issue a refund. The amount was $180 so not insignificant. Extremely unethical billing practices and company.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

This seems to be quite a dysfunctional group to work with based on my experience. They claim they can get a website designed in 4-6 weeks. They kept bungling my appointments so that it took five attempts to make an appointment to review the website. The first two appointments were canceled by them at the last minute with no explanation. Every time my appointment was canceled I had to wait 2-3 weeks to be able to get back on the schedule. The third appointment was accidently scheduled at Eastern time instead of my local time zone.

Finally when I saw the first draft of the website I was so underwhelmed. I didn't even know where to start. It had very little information on it and looked like it was designed by an amateur. When I asked to talk to a supervisor, I was given the run-around, and was never contacted by a supervisor. The other thing which I was not comfortable with is that you never are assigned to just one person. Whoever answers the phone when you call in is the person who is going to work with you that day. This does not provide for consistency or accountability. Between all the appointment blunders, miscommunications and a milk toast product, I felt I had to call a loss and start over from scratch with a different company.

Finally after writing an online review (They do not allow you to write google reviews) I finally started getting phone calls from their customer service, and at the end they gave me a partial refund. Of course no one pays me for all of my wasted time going around in circles with them. Based on these experiences I would put these problems all at the feet of the person who is managing this department, and question their ability to lead and provide a good service. Here I am now three months later starting over. Is this the website design experience you would like to have?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I'm done with Godaddy. I moved half my properties away in late 2019 and left half of them there. Now they disabled my business professional email--a couple weeks ago! I have that email forwarded to my main email account and wondered why I wasn't getting my formal US govt filing alert emails. When I went into my account it said the account wasn't set up despite being set up since 2019. When I called them they said the server settings weren't right. When I asked how they were right for 13 months and then stopped (I paid for 2 years) she said there was no way GoDaddy could have changed them. Be assured that I didn't -- nor do I have any idea how that is done. In fact, because it's not linked to a hosting account, I'm not even sure it's even possible. She fixed it. Then she said she would look into it because I demanded a reason for the failure.

If I can't trust them on my professional email accounts, then I can't trust them anymore at all. I was holding awhile waiting for her to come back and then realized she hung up. Two years ago they lost my whole newly designed website due to what they called an internal "server glitch." And could not recover it. That was an expensive loss. I guess I was too generous giving them another year to recover. Now I'll move the rest of my products to Hostgator which has been operating fine to date. It's a shame because I've been with GoDaddy since they started. At one time they really did have award winning customer service, but that's been steadily deteriorating since they went public. Now there's nothing left of it.

Godaddy.com Company Information