Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.59/5

Godaddy.com Reviews

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

Our Business has hosted over 20+ domains, business email, and other services with GoDummy for over 10 years. We've tolerated the over priced renewal charges for domain names and everything else but in 2019 they decided to double their email plan fees, take it from 15 emails to 5 and then charge $23 for each email. We decided to downgraded a few days before renewal and were still charged the full amount. Contacted customer support. They said they would refund the overage and then got an email saying they rejected the refund. Needless to say we will be moving all of our domains, email, and other services to another provider. Clearly GoDummy thinks that a $230+ refund is worth the cost of a $10,000+ spent customer so whatever. Do yourself a favor and pick a different provider for EVERYTHING.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

We have been with Godaddy for years. Building up a portfolio of 1000s of domains. I had a great account manager who was extremely supportive, responsive and always there to help. Whether it was assisting with tasks, or getting us the best possible prices. AND ALL OF A SUDDEN. We were upgraded to “VIP” as we had enough products to suitable for their premium service. Yeah right! They stopped the previous account manager from contacting. The one that was extremely helpful and always available.

We were handed over to a different dedicated manager for our account which has been a disaster. I’ve never experienced something like this. It’s as if we have paid our way to an inferior service. The new dedicated support staff member has been useless. Flogging off all requests for help, offering none of the initial assistance, super arrogant, hardly ever available, never offering that bit extra to a client that has invested a significant amount into godaddy. It’s a shame - that this one individual has destroyed our connection with godaddy. We have stop buying any domains, renewing or upgrading any of our products due the experience of our new dedicated account manager. We’re in the process of moving domains over to other registrars that care about their serious customers... Don’t keep spending at Godaddy. It’ll Just get worse. And I haven’t even men.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I signed up for a Godaddy business phone line in May of 2019. That same month I determined that the service was not suitable for my business needs and placed a cancellation request via the godaddy site. My cancellation was never processed. To date I have charged $79.73 for a phone line that I have never used. Customer "service' informed me that I cannot be refunded the monies paid as their cancellation policy will only refund funds up to 48 hours after payment is made. I will personally never use any of this company's services as this interaction has amounted to nothing short of theft.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Today Godaddy stopped my email from working. I bought a product which included a free email which I have been using for years and today when I called to see why my email had been suspended {This account is suspended} they told me that my email is not free anymore and to pay or leave was their answer to me. I bought the package in good faith which was part of a deal and feel at this point I am being abused by Godaddy and my customer rights are also being abused by Godaddy, my email is not working which is my business and personal email, which is my lifeline to my clients and friends and family.

I cannot believe they would take such action. As doing this will Affect my income as well as my communication with the outside world. I'm in shock. I have been with godaddy for over 15 years and they never mentioned this before and my emails worked perfectly up until today. I would like to know if anyone else has had the same thing happen to them over the last month. Beware all.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Our website was down due to hosting issue for a week. We have called them over 5 times a day and each time were over the phone more than 2 hours. Seems nobody were able to resolve the issue. All they were interested to upsell you something and as we were down and were losing sales we bought all their upsell services. Long story short, we paid them $1,800 to get our website back and as I am writing this the website is still down. I even asked them to switch off the firewall (something we paid hundreds of dollars) and the issue is still there.

We paid for an ultimate plan which means the response time should be less than two hours. Well after three days we received an email saying it will take one week to find out the issue. Still no guarantee to resolve it. We are looking for alternative providers. These guys are useless. They told me they won't be able to issue a refund which is disappointing. I call this a scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I began using GoDaddy about four months ago when I created a WordPress website for my new real estate brokerage. My website is hosted by their basic WordPress hosting service. The speed is good with TTFB (time to first byte, the measure of server speed) coming in at just over 300ms. However, the experience with their support was very disappointing. Some techs were very helpful and knowledgeable, but many had no interest in helping at all. That second group focused on nothing but up selling. The most common recommendation was to increase my hosting spend to $50/month if I wanted good results. Then there was a third group of poorly trained new employees who didn't understand they were providing wrong information, refused to consult with others to get answers and refused to transfer my call to their superior. Very frustrating.

After a few months I need a second domain to house my landing pages exclusively. While most hosting companies and many domain registrars offer free SSL certificates and privacy, GoDaddy Charges $65 or more per year for the first a $9.99 per year for the second. They also only have one hosting service that does not require that you buy an SSL certificate from them if you want to use one. I opted for that service and the performance is horrible. The TTFB for their Linus based cPanel hosting was in the 5 second range. Keep in mind that an acceptable reading would have been 500ms or lower. I was running Google ads and Google was raising my cost per click and warning that my landing pages were loading too slowly.

When I called GoDaddy for help, they blamed my website design, my plugins and just about everything but their service. When I pointed out that my Page Speed score was 97% and my YSlow score was 94%, measures that show my website is perfectly optimized for speed, they switched strategy and tried to sell me on the concept that my site was being hacked 16,000 time a day and the only solution was to switch to their $50/month hosting plan. Horrible! Friends don't let friends buy services from GoDaddy!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I have never written such a bad review, but these guys have wasted so much of my time and cost me so much lost revenue that I have to write this, even if it is just to make me feel better. I'm not even sure if what they do is legal. Where do I start. First off we spent so much time and energy bidding on a domain (after paying to be on a notice when it came up for auction). We won it, because I stayed in front of the computer making sure the bot that I was bidding against would not outbid me.

Then two weeks later I get a refund for my payment because the original owner agreed to pay for it what I paid for it! Such a waste of time. Then I get an email that is marked as suspicious saying my email account (we used them to host our website) was going to expire if I didn't "act soon". I spent over two hours total on chat and was finally told it was not spam, and I should do what the email told me to do. When I tried to, google would not let me because they had red-flagged the site. So I called the customer care center and they told me it was indeed spam. So, I ignored it. Came to find a few days later that my email account was suspended. When I called they said "well, we sent you an email".

Receiving emails is critical to our business as we are a tour operator. This all happened during one of the busiest weeks of the year. I have no idea how much business I lost as people could not reach me! At the moment I have been on hold for 32 minutes. Yes, 32 minutes! Which is partially why I am so upset and writing this real review. DO NOT USE GODADDY. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS, THEY ARE CONS!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Five times in 30 Days My Website is Offline. For several years I was pretty happy with GoDaddy, their Reps (it takes a while to get one) but lately their service has plummeted. I have a web application, they conducted an upgrade to their system and five times they have knocked my website down. Each time to fix it requires hours of my time -- and promises they break. It's horrific. Meanwhile my clients are completely blocked unable to access their content. I'm leaving -- but meanwhile no one has tried to make this right and they don't escalate. Go somewhere else -- this is not how you run a business - they are supposed to provide a service that helps me run my business not hurts.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Looks like PayPal filed a UDRP case against you. Just so you know, if you get lucky and find a domain name in this day and age that perfectly matches your idea for a business like Paypalbuys.com because on my ecommerce drop ship website I only used and trusted PayPal payments. I thought I was doing them the favour getting shoppers to sign up to PayPal to shop with us, but no. PayPal had started a case against me and my legally purchased domain name, while I was on holiday and hadn't even checked my emails to realise my domain name was gone by the time I got back home.

Now GoDaddy tells me, they won’t even refund me for the next two years of my domain or its privacy costs. So don't expect these big companies to be fair and square people. I learnt the hard way after losing all my savings into a business venture that was just taken away with a flick of a finger. I will be looking into Australian consumer affairs to see what my rights are but be aware things aren't what they seem to be.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

Had a bad experience with GoDaddy? I want to hear from you. I was a faithful GoDaddy customer for 13 years, but after finally getting fed up with their ever-changing terms of service, inadequate tech support and their constant, early billing and product cancellation threats, I decided to move my web hosting and five domain registrations to a different company. That’s when the real trouble began. GoDaddy stood in my way at every possible turn.

After I followed all of their domain transfer instructions, they would e-mail me the necessary transfer codes, and then later claim, for unspecified reasons, that they could not process the transfers. (By this time, they had taken down all of my websites and said I would have to open a new GoDaddy account before my sites could be restored.) Then they told me I first had to remove Domain Privacy from each of my websites (falsely claiming that this was an ICANN requirement).

GoDaddy thus forced me to place all my personal information, cell phone number, home and e-mail addresses on the web for for an indeterminate timeframe, accessible by potentially every spammer and identity thief in the world. GoDaddy then claimed there was a 2-week waiting period before the transfers could be performed. In addition, GoDaddy falsely denied being the Registrar of Contact.

I legally recorded GoDaddy’s lies under California penal code 633.5, and those recordings are court-admissible evidence. If you have had a bad experience with GoDaddy and would like to join me in Class Action against them, please contact me. I have all the necessary documentation to initiate long-overdue legal proceedings against this awful company. Thank you.

Godaddy.com Company Information