2.80/5

732 Godaddy.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 26, 2019

Unfortunately Zero stars is not an option!!! I was tricked into getting o365 by Godaddy, when they told me that they were ending their exchange hosting plans. Everything was fine and well, while my small business was growing. As I started to need more comprehensive IT control, Godaddy started to remove O365 Admin features, without notifying me!

I spent countless hours trying to get an answer as to how I get back to the Microsoft Office 365 Admin Portal and they just kept telling me that I have access to the exchange Admin center. When I clicked on the Admin Center on Office.com, it kept redirecting me to Godaddy Admin page, which is NOT what I needed. I don't like to be insulting, but their "support staff" are completely ill-prepared for any type of semi-complicated issue. I am not an IT professional and I know more about how some of this stuff works than their "technical staff".

Aside from being conned into getting o365 direct through GoDaddy, (which I didn't have the need for at the time, since I was just using Office purchased all at once), they also gave me the run around about why features were removed from my account and it took them about two hours to provide me with an internal document admitting what I had known all along. Which was GoDaddy was removing critical features, in order to save cost with Microsoft.

That would have been all well and fine, but there was never any notification to their customers about the change and there was certainly NO reduction in price, which was completely ridiculous. When I started to push the issue of price reduction, the agent informed me that it was not possible to give me a price reduction. I kept repeating to him, "How could you remove features that are critical to the growth of my business and then not provide me with a lower price???" I also stated, "How is it fair that I am not paying the same price, for reduced features???"

Of course my complaints and requests fell on deaf ears. Now here is the icing on the cake, I pulled the trigger and hired consultant to migrate out of the Godaddy Netorg Tenant, so I can migrate directly to Microsoft and after all of the data was transferred into Microsoft, the office accounts deleted from Godaddy and the federation of the domain was requested, they are now telling me that my domain is stuck and it will require an additional 72 hours in order for it to be corrected. That mean 4 business days with no email communication.

I was even sent an internal memo from a Godaddy staff memo, confirming my suspicions of the removal of features. I wonder if Godaddy will compensate me for all of the lost business that I am losing because of their sheer negligence and pure incompetence??? ANYONE WHO USES GODADDY TO HOST THEIR website, do not let them talk you into their o365 package, especially if you anticipate wanted to utilize the full offerings that Microsoft offers!!!

Original review: March 25, 2019

I have been with Godaddy for years, we had a company website using their Deluxe Shopping Cart platform. Enjoyed 100% organic search results on a lot of our products. We had a good web presence, only downside was that limited to 100 products. At renewal I was going to leave and a rep mentioned the Go Central Online Store platform. Pretty much unlimited products not much more ££. Great, go for it. First of all I couldnt migrate in bulk. I had to do it all manually. And now we have zero web presence - zilch organically.

Customers can only find us online if they already know about us. Not a single on our our products shows up organically, even copying and pasting our product titles which are very unique and niche - nope dont show up. I have started threads on the community forum and found others have the same issues - "We will look into it." I have dared to enter their chat help system, well my word I have no words for that process. Unfortunately we have a year left with them on contract. When that is over we are gone. Steer clear!

Original review: March 17, 2019

As is evident by the long hold times, something has changed. When I first starting using Go Daddy, you called and the phone was answered. The best you can get recently is 30 minutes + wait and your call is clearly answered by individuals that do not speak English as a primary language. This results in the beginning of the horrendous experience. Having to repeat yourself over and over as well as go through steps that any idiot has already performed prior to calling for support. Reboot your computer, reboot your modem, clear your cache is the only knowledge they have.

Then you will be transferred to "escalated" support and start all over again with verifying your account and going through the same steps as a "lower' tier support. I am done and tried to determine how to unlock my domains for transfer and am told they can not do anything until they resolve the issue that they say they can not resolve and blame on my ISP. A court order will get their attention and have the result I need.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Godaddy is going worsened day by day. Their hosting service is worsed. Also they save your credit card information but does not allow us to remove the same. Customer service person even does not satisfy the customers and say one word only. "Sir we are sorry, and we are working on that". I suggest not to take any domain and hosting from Godaddy even if it is some bucks cheaper. Thanks.

Original review: March 16, 2019

They are collecting the card details at the time of payment, but there is no option to remove the card. And they tells that this feature is not available. It's against the rule of RBI. Please take one action against them asap.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: March 14, 2019

GoDaddy sold me a product then they sold my personal info to a thousand vendors! If you like being called incessantly for products you don’t want, GoDaddy is a perfect fit for you. Only give GoDaddy information you want posted on the web.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I noticed yesterday that my website domain, that I thought was being renewed for 2 years was renewed for 9 years. When I called yesterday to ask about it I was told: By Scott, and Tabitha, (supervisor) that it is in the terms of service that when auto renewal is turned on it is allowable for Godaddy to renew for the first renewal period. This is absolutely unethical and fraud to charge people for more than they want. You have access to my credit card, and thus my trust and charged me for 9 years when I only want 2. I am close to retirement, and Have told your employees that when they try to sell me more time. I am at the end of the road, not the beginning. When I renew everything for one or two years, why would your company fraudulently renew for 9.

This is a matter of principle. My intention is to go to every outside agency to report this, as well as social medial, if this is not remedied in the next 24 hours. I was charged $160 some dollars instead of $30 some dollars. I am sure a company on the stock exchange does not need publicity about fraudulently charging people, as I don’t care what is in your legal terms of service, and I am sure others are not either. This is small print. Stealing and cheating from your good customers. Not a way to do business. If I treated my customers like that I would be out of business, and I intend that people know you do that while they do business with you. Potentially new customers. It is very hard to cheat people and get away with it, in today’s transparent world of social media, the internet review sites, etc.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I received a cold sales pitch phone call from Godaddy to design a new website for our company. I explained that I would be interested, if it will integrate with our company's point of sale system. The sales rep told me this would not be a problem. He told me that it would cost $3000.00 dollars, and someone will call me from their tech department, to go over with me, on how they will integrate the website, with our point of sale system. I asked them not to charge my credit card until they are sure that they can do the job. Well they charge my credit card anyway.

When the tech guy called a few days later, he told me it can't be done. They offered to give me a refund. Because we are located in Canada, our card was charged in USA dollars. When the refund came through, it was $250.00 less. I feel that Godaddy should not have charged my credit card until they knew for sure that they could do the job. I tried to call and complain, but I just got the runaround. We are out $250.00, and it was a total waste of time.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I am in the business of providing websites for clients, but this does not apparently inspire Godaddy VPS support to act when all of our sites are down and all of our cpanels are inaccessible. You have to wait 72 hours to even get an email from them and you aren't allowed to talk to the server admins, like they are some kind of untouchable gods or something.

All they do is blame the customer for problems they've caused and then try to upsell you to a more expensive product rather than supporting the one you already made a big investment in. If you tell them there is an urgent business need for them to fix the problem they just say "everyone ahead of you has the same type of problem." Wow. That tells you the kind of support they are providing and the complete lack of concern they show customers, when it's hurting your business.

Original review: March 10, 2019

On 3/8/19, I spoke with Curtis ** at GoDaddy Customer Service to explain that I had a phishing email in my account. Curtis said I had two options: 1 delete my email account or 2 have my email migrated to Office 365 for $252.25, stating this was the only remedy to secure my account as my account had been accessed through a ‘relay service’ with a ‘key logger’ installed. My son said these issues were not breaches on my virus-protected computer but through GoDaddy.

My son had me email Curtis to check to see if the log showed if any IP addresses had access to my account. Curtis wrote ‘Unfortunately we don't have the ability to see logs of IP address that have entered the account as the email type is antiqued.’ My son was able to find right on GoDaddy’s site a link for this info: https://www.godaddy.com/help/view-your-email-login-history-6844. I sent Curtis a screenshot showing what I found, showing no IP breaches. I, of course, received no reply so called GoDaddy this morning to explain that I felt I had been misled by Curtis and that what he sold me was unnecessary & that his telling me that this expensive fix was the only viable alternative short of canceling my email account was totally untruthful. My son explained that the email was a phishing email, with no breach. I am not a techie & depend on honesty in the companies that I pay/use.

I have been a good customer of GoDaddy for many years and don’t appreciate being taken advantage of. I called this morning and detailed the issue, and was told the order would be cancelled and a refund issued in 5-7 days. I have an email confirmation of this. I checked my email two hours later to find that no refund was going to be issued after all. I again called GoDaddy (exasperating!), explaining again to no avail of help and requested to speak with a supervisor. I was told I could speak with a Ms. **, who isn’t a supervisor, but the last person in the chain that I was allowed to speak with. She told me that she could offer a partial refund, but that I’d still be out approx. $100 for their ‘services’. I told her that I wanted a full refund due to unethical practices, and that I not only didn’t have a virus, but didn’t need to cancel my email account or buy Office 365 as there was never a problem in the first place.

This was all a ploy to get more money from me…and very unethical. I told her that I would be contacting my credit card company for assistance in the dispute if needed. She replied that she had done all she was willing to do, take it or leave it, so I called my credit card company as I do not feel I owe GoDaddy one cent. In fact, I think they owe me for all of the wasted time, energy, and dealing with their unscrupulous practices. I am livid.

I have all of the emails from Curtis at GoDaddy, as well as my cancellation email, and lastly the email that the ‘migration’ of my email account would not occur until Sunday or Monday, so it’s not even occurred yet, and it had better not. I began the process of questioning/cancellation last night/this morning, so before the migration ever occurred and would never have instituted the migration in the first place had they not used those scare tactics of the necessity of cancelling my email account without the migration to Office 365. I am a very small business and do not need the added expense of this more modern email system and I told every contact that I encountered at GoDaddy that my finances were limited and that I do not have money to spend on unnecessary purchases. This was definitely an unnecessary purchase. I call about a scam email and I am scammed by GoDaddy. How do you like that?

I am appalled by the lack of customer service and the outright disrespect of long-standing customers by not being allowed to speak with a supervisor when I repeatedly asked, knowing that my conversation with Ms. Cole was going nowhere and nothing but a waste of time, though she seemed to delight in the experience. She never answered why I was told that I would need to cancel my email if I didn’t migrate, even though she went back and listened to the taped conversation. Of course, what could she say as this was an out-and-out mistruth and they knew full well…Only wishing to scare customers so that they earn more money. I have contacted my credit card holder and explained the situation and if GoDaddy does not offer assistance, I will escalate the case. Very disappointed in GoDaddy all the way around.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I purchased Plesk hosting with GoDaddy and it's way too slow. I installed WordPress to start working on my website but, who can work wasting 7 seconds for every click? Plesk doesn't offer any support to clients that don't have a License Key. I called them and the recording says I can only contact support on the phone with an open ticket. I tried to open a ticket online but a License Key is a required field. So no support... I called GoDaddy to request a refund and it was denied because I purchased this a couple of months ago even though it's the first time using it. The solution I was given was "not to get Plesk the next time". Lol. So disappointing and frustrating. Bad service from GoDaddy and Plesk.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We were running a company in partnership with name of JST Business and we have domain from Godaddy and after 6 or 7 month my partner have resigned from the company. After that I took handover of everything from him. That took almost 6 month and after that I came to know my Konectbridge.com is got expired and I renewed that 30 January 2019 for next one and it got renewed for with no error. Today I was going to do live my website on that domain but that was not showing in my Godaddy account then I called to Customer care and they said, "You can't get that domain due to some internal policy issues." But at that time I haven't get any error while renewing the domain. I have every single proof that I own that domain.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I started hosting with Godaddy 8 years ago and every year they would raise the price on me so much and I would have to call in and negotiate the rate and always felt taken advantage of. I started having major issues when I couldn't send or receive emails to my sons school no matter what I did. It also started happening with friends and invites. I called them and they said I needed to pay money to upgrade in order to fix this... really? Upgrade just so I can send and receive emails? I started using gmail as my main email for school and such and rarely used my Godaddy email anymore but would still check it just in case an important email came through. My plan was to let my subscription run out- that's how much I hate dealing with them. Trying to transfer it over had become a nightmare.

So a month before the subscription was up, I wasn't able to log into my account! I changed the password and it worked for a day or so, then blocked me out again saying something was wrong. At the same time I kept receiving emails on my gmail on how I needed to update my billing info. I'm sure they were doing this on purpose so I could call in and give them my updated credit card info. This company is very unethical. Will never use them again. Literally the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Bought a website in 2015 and had Godaddy design it for me. Was supposed to get a SSL for free and found out after 3 years that I have not had one. Talked with a man for 2 hours trying to sell advertising and he never mentioned the out of date website. Then I also found out my website was out of date and for another $1500 they would make it up to date for another 10-15 years. What happened to the other one I paid for in 2015? When you call all they want is to sell something else and that's all.

Original review: March 1, 2019

They charged my card without my permission!! Very poor s customer service skills! Mark is a superior. He is very rude. He needs more training!!! He need to be fired and the whole entire staff needs to be trained again! I would never shop here again!!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Do not register your domain with Godaddy.com. I was with them over 10 years with multiple domains and when you decide to move to a better performing provider, they will require extensive formal requests, will not accept the simple online request, take 3-4 days between each submittal of their requirements. Process took over 2 weeks to get my domains released.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I just purchased and set up a website from Godaddy only to find out that even though I did every step that I was directed to do... I was unable to get reviews on my webpage due to not setting up a Google my business account through Godaddy instead of going through Google themselves even though my web instructions didn't say or even mention it. I went step by step the instructions set by Godaddy but it was wrong... Their reply.. It's a new program they are running and didn't know that I had to go through them to set up the Google account??? Saaay whaaat? Now i can only post a link to Google business reviews but not show or receive any reviews on my website. Am I the only one confused here? They said they would refund my money but come on. Just spent a good week setting up and perfecting my site. Grrr. Looking forward to the end of this hosting.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Ego and attitude of their customer service team are horrible. Every time I call, whether support or billing, for my business accounts I have to deal with the attitude of their customer service team as if they're doing me a favor for using their service. I'll take my business to thousands of other companies out there. Such a BS company.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

My experience with Godaddy.com is just a nightmare. They are not only expensive but also do not give professional support. I changed my web hosting to Siteground.com and all my WordPress data is disappear. When I contacted Godaddy.com to provide me back up they said you must at least buy 1 month web hosting to restore your data back and they are charging me USD 160 only to back up my data. I advise please don't ever use Godaddy.com. My domain is still with Godaddy.com and my email they charged me for 2 years mistakenly 3 times. No good service. No professional. Only greedy and no-cooperative.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

After 10 years and thousands of dollars spent on GoDaddy products, I recently canceled my web builder tool because I no longer needed it not knowing that my primary e-mail account was part and parcel of it and duly canceled also. When I couldn't access that account containing all my saved correspondence and contacts, I called the "customer service" department only to have a rep and supervisor tell me that, without any notice, I lost it when I canceled the tool but could get it back for a $130 restoration fee.

I told both that I felt they were holding my personal e-mails for ransom and pleaded for access to them for just five minutes so I could transfer everything, but despite my background as a loyal customer and still having several active products they were adamant that I pay up or never see them again. As a matter of principle I chose the latter and lost 10 years of my saved e-mails. It's a hard loss to absorb but I'd feel exploited and victimized if I succumbed to GoDaddy's extortion so it was the way to go.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I had numerous websites on GoDaddy and after they destroyed a non-profit journalist website that celebrated and reported news on minorities like indigenous people, GLBTQ and other minorities, I began to leave. As I fought with the company to get them to see what they did wrong, they destroyed the website after 20 days overdue!! I was out of the country and didn't get the email fast enough, and they destroyed it. Then they wanted to charge me $500 to restore it, and even though the non-profit didn't have it we were going to charge it and try to raise it later. So, out of the country, I make the bill up to date, the card was blocked for a security issue. Then I okay a $500 charge to restore the site... But they don't do it. So I finish my stay out of the country, return home, and the site is still not restored.

I called and called and got moved around and eventually, after a lot of drama I emailed the CEO of Godaddy. He apologized and made the excuse that my account was '20 days past due' and that's why it was canceled, really GoDaddy, destroyed even!! THEN I had another non-profit got a free hosting package 'grant' they call it, but the next year they want me to pay over 100 for hosting services. I refused and have moved all of my accounts from GoDaddy, never again will I spend another dime at GoDaddy. You should know that the site they took down and pretended it was normal to do that after only a 20 day past due balance, was LGBTQ writers, indigenous news like Standing Rock, autistic progressive folks and other progressive spirituality news.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

After spending lots of money on several websites and hosting and emails over the last couple of years they apparently misplaced my new credit card info even after spending a couple of hours on the phone with them to sort out the various items that were renewing and the one I wanted removed. When I didn't reply to their email about a billing issue, they removed my website and now want to charge me $85 to put the content back or charge me to let me build it all over again.

I'm moving all my websites and domains to Wix which has a much better and more robust website builder for half the price and comparable hosting fees.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Hello Sir, I am using GoDaddy services from past 7 years now, but from 2017 My Account in GoDaddy Which has a Linux based hosting plan is being regularly hacked. I had consulted the GoDaddy team about 250+ times but there is no proper response and my issue is not being solved. Today on 17/02/2019 all my valuable website files of my customers are being deleted from my account and I have being left with zero files.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I purchased VPN server with cPanel and then my server side IT team set everything in 2 months and everything was right. But then on 12th Feb 2019 they removed our cPanel and started blackmailing us by offering server side support services. This can be checked in their call record. I am losing business + IT manhours. Never go with them. Support is poor. No way of reaching technical team.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I have had ongoing issues with GoDaddy for over two months now. I purchased an existing business and tried to transfer all of the domain names, email addresses, and hosting etc which seems to be the most difficult process in the world. There are of course certain challenges when transferring these services however, when issues occur I would expect a satisfactory level of customer service and not rude, incapable broken-English speakers who talk over me and refuse to pass me to any kind of supervisory employee. Furthermore, I would expect such a large company to have some sort of complaints process. I won't go on to sub-standard products like their 'website builder'… What a joke. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have purchased numerous domain names over the years, through other companies, and have never had such a problem. I purchased a domain name through Godaddy just a couple of days ago, now my inbox is suddenly full of spam, trying to sell me webdesign services etc. After you launch a site, it is not unusual to start receiving these spam emails, but with the one I purchased from Godaddy I did not even have nameservers attached before the spam started flooding into my inbox. Godaddy tries to claim they are getting the information through ICANN but, if that were true, then the same would happen with all the other names I have purchased and registered over the years. Shame on you Godaddy!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Backend coder doing O365 support for wife's company. Chose GoDaddy assuming better support. 2 years in not true. GoDaddy has screwed up adding accounts multiple times. GD routinely gives wrong answers to issues. Support is not very knowledgeable and may get irritable if you disagree. You are training them. They NEVER let you talk to 2nd line support. You have to sit there while 1st line put you on hold and talk to them. 2nd line support often been wrong too. Standard answer, will be fixed in couple days. Same as old MS reboot refrain.

No way to file ticket or continue with problem. Every call from scratch. Their encryption product, ProofPoint, has issues. We are in the process of dropping it. Doesn't work, can prove it, still no rebate from GD. Now we are dealing w/ issues of not all admin pages reachable. My advice is if you can use PowerShell go with MS, buy "Office 365 for IT Professionals" and dig in. GD will not be able to help you much, if any. They are there for non-sysadmins.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I had purchased domain on godaddy.com. After my developers work for 2 months; finally I shared details with them to upload hosting on cPanel. The account was registered to my personal email ID & mobile number. But to blackmail me with more money; the developers hacked my domain by replacing original email ID & mobile with their personal ones. Now where is the security here? As per change process especially for domain sellers like GoDaddy they should first send the OTP on existing email or mobile to confirm if the change is genuine. It means anyone with whom you share the details they have rights to update the mobile & email ID and you will only come to know after 11 hours if some settings were done on your GoDaddy account.

I lost my money, my time and most important my domain. And when I called up them and shared all the details even PIN they asking me to log in to current registered email ID & mobile and share OTP as if I know the password of developers who hacked it. I shared information like customer #, last changed password even payment info but they were like silent. Can't do anything. Please don't buy domain through them if such is the security concern.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

An overzealous and very dishonest GoDaddy representative called up and scammed me into paying $350 that he stated I had to pay to upgrade my account to 360, not being a tech person, I stupidly believed him. I am strongly suspecting they are on commission. He also changed the security settings so I could not log in. The 360 system was a nightmare and my Outlook never worked after that. From what I hear from others it is a very unpopular program. I do not want the 360, in fact I NEVER wanted it, never requested it, and need it to go away. It is awful and has messed up my whole system, I have spent the last 6 weeks trying to sort this out and have been trying to get GoDaddy to correct the mess they made. They completely could care less.

I spend 76 minutes again on the phone today, over 2 hours yesterday and Friday was on the phone over 90 minutes with a lady trying to fix it then she dropped the call then sent an email saying she was on another call, very annoying. That is just in the last 3 days, let alone the hours and hours over the last few weeks. All I want them to do is to put my account back to how it was before they screwed around with it. I need them to correct the mistake that GoDaddy made... Is that so unreasonable?

GoDaddy just want to send me an email and have me get my outlook back myself and absolutely refuse to help and walk me through it. I am not a techy person and do not understand the document. I will now have to pay a tech guy to correct the damage that GoDaddy did and they have not even apologized. They just keep telling me I need to use the webmail. I DO NOT WANT to use the webmail, I want to use my Outlook system that I had before they messed with it, the system that I have all my other accounts connected too.

GoDaddy has robbed me of hours and hours of my time and will not correct the mess they made. It has taken weeks and weeks and hours and hours so far, they have cost me a fortune in my lack of productivity due to this. I spoke to a supposed supervisor today David **, who simply refused to help and if his attitude is anything to go by, GoDaddy simply does not care. They simply do not care. BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Called Godaddy to try and find out why my site was so slow now. It has steadily been getting slower over the years. On hold almost an hour in total transferred 4 times to supposedly more experienced reps. As I have read on the web they tried to blame my site, every page in my site rates 100% on google analytical. I did confirm because I have been with them a while my site is on the old servers. Also confirmed they have throttled back their server speeds. I have added captcha V3 to my site and the server times out trying to reach google validation site. Such poor service and they offer no apology nor do they accept any responsibility. This is the last hosting site any one should try. Buyer beware. Avoid at all costs.

Godaddy.com Company Information