Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com

3.6/5 (563 ratings)

About Godaddy.com

GoDaddy is a web host and domain provider that offers multiple website plans and features. One of the largest domain-hosting companies, GoDaddy also provides multiple add-on services and 24/7 customer support.

Pros

• One of the largest domain hosts
  • Plans for Linux and Windows
  • 24/7 phone support

Cons

• Extra cost for backup
  • Limited live chat help

Bottom Line

GoDaddy is a web host and domain registrar. It offers affordable introductory rates and some free features in the first year. Many of its features come with extra costs that can add up quickly.

Godaddy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Godaddy.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy?

Original review: April 7, 2021

First, GoDaddy completed SEO work on my behalf. However, because they failed to gather all of the appropriate information and neglected to inform me of their strategy, their work was in error and nearly useless. When I complained, they stated that they would only help if I purchased additional services. This was clearly stated on numerous occasions. This is extortion.

Now, as I attempt to move my website to WordPress, they have completely taken down my site. On my accounts page, there are several different charges for different features. Now that my site has been completely removed, I am being told that what was described as just an editing tool is really the entire site itself. They refused to return my site for even a short period of time and also refused to refund the charges I just paid. Their business practices are disgusting at best and maliciously misleading at worst. They have no interest in abiding by information initially provided and only care about the amount of additional dollars they can extract from small business owners.

Original review: March 26, 2021

GoDaddy Review. Buyer beware. I started my own business and for first year I purchased GoDaddy’s one year service agreement to have them create my website. I spent over $5,000 for this service. After we got the website like I wanted it, I told them I no longer need to pay for their maintenance of the site. I expected that the website would remain as is and if I needed changes, I would pay them fee for service. I checked it one time after I cancelled that service and did not look at it again for several months. When I did finally look, it was gone. I called them and they said they deleted it. They also said they would not restore it. I’m not one to post negative comments about a company, but this was expensive and time consuming and I feel like they just flat stole money and time from me. My website was very basic, and it would not take them long to recreate to keep me happy. But they refused. Sincerely, Renee **, CPA Hospice Financial Consultants

Original review: March 23, 2021

I'm giving 1 star because less than that it is not available. Poor technical support. Basic things they don't know. They always speak the same and forcibly apply to customers. After getting fed up u have to google and solve it. I have raised a cheque request 2 months back of approx 2 lakh but still I haven't received the same. They are not replying of my mails. Stupid revert on social media and so their legal team.

Original review: March 18, 2021

We have got a charge from Godaddy back in November. I called them and the billing was incorrect and a refund was due. Now it is March and over 50 hours of my wasted time and countless calls and lies that they give each time that I call. We just want our money back.

Original review: March 11, 2021

Go Daddy claims to LOVE helping their customers with PROBLEMS (and of course selling them lots of products), or that is what the phone recording says, but that is far from reality. Tech support with this company is awful, terribly condescending, and ineffective....It's easier to Google a problem than deal with them, unless you like to be talked down to from snarky tech Tier One types or you are just a natural masochist.... You may want to have your IT department deal with them. (If you don't have such a department, good luck!!)

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I have used this company extensively over the past few years but yesterday I received a very aggressive letter from their collection agency which is called Certegy Payment Solutions. I called GoDaddy and they confirmed that I do not owe them anything but when I called Certegy the Lady I spoke to was very aggressive and told me that I owe Certegy $168.03 which they say they, paid to GoDaddy for renewals on my account?! I guess that they somehow finance GoDaddy? The only solution offered by GoDaddy was to send an email to their legal dept and to their HQ?? Certegy are threatening to wreck my credit over a debt that according to me and, to GoDaddy I do not owe. So buyer beware, GoDaddy is dealing with some very shady entities that out of nowhere can threaten GoDaddy customers with debts that even GoDaddy admits, are not owed?? Seems insane!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Godaddy easily took my money and one week later set me up with someone to design a new website. This person just copied my present website and did not communicate in a timely fashion, if at all. Customer service just snowballed me from one department to the next when I cancelled my account. Five weeks later, they refused to give me a full refund even though my account was cancelled within the 30 day window specified. Promised phone calls were not returned. Excuses were always made. This is a dishonest company.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Customer Pro Account - Customer #: ** I am a PRO member and have had GoDaddy host my websites and products for over 15 years. On Feb 3 received email telling me that all my websites (12) were being migrated to a new server and as long as I don’t use WAF or CDN (I don’t) migration will be simple, I don’t need to do anything. I trusted them since all has been good previous years, no reason to check my sites. Feb 8, my customer called me and told me my bus website was missing. I checked and all 12 sites were gone. I called day and was on hold for over 45 minutes, no one ever answered. I tried again Feb 9 and was told they had to send me over to “migration support” waited 1.5 hr and no one ever came on. Tried again Feb 11 and the same thing repeated, again Feb 12 w/ same results. I put in a ticket to avoid phone ignore, and they responded with I must call in to resolve.

I have called 5 times and been on hold 10-15 minutes to be told I was being forwarded to the “migration team” responsible, and they never answered – waited on hold from 45 mins – to 1.75 hours with no one responding – and to date – no one has done anything to help get their problem fixed – I did not cause this – they did.

My final attempt was on Feb 18th and was actually working with a tech for about 3 hours – only to find out, she can not help me and she was trying to reach the migration team, who she said, is down and not up and working and hasn’t been for days. My business websites have now been down for over two weeks and no one will help get it corrected. I called Sales and told them I am moving my accounts since they have had it down for 2.5 weeks and no one seems to want to fix it, so I wanted a refund for the remaining half a year of hosting I paid for. They told me I am past the cancellation date and therefore no refund would be given. My websites are not up because of their stupidity, and to top it off, I can’t have a refund for my sites that are not actually online anymore. I want a 50% refund, I should sue them for more as they have interrupted my business dramatically with the lack of my websites online.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

GoDaddy's Logo Design department is a joke! Please do not entrust this very important task with them. They promise 3 finished logos and have you engage in these useless consultations as if they really care about your preferences or unique logo needs and then create whatever they want - just to be able to say they created the logos as promised. I believe they take your money upfront because they know that the quality of the work is extremely poor and this way they can avoid you and/or fight you on a refund even when they didn't hold up their end of the bargain. The fact that Nick O, the Customer Experience Manager knows nothing about customer services but yet sits in this position is very telling that this department needs to be overhauled.

So, please do not waste your time working with him if you're not satisfied with your logo or Ail who apparently is a step or 2 above him is equally as bad. I have done other business with GoDaddy in terms of my domain, email addresses and hosting services, but am looking at some of their competitors for it is very clear that GoDaddy doesn't value their customers but maybe once they lose enough of business they'll begin to understand how important their customers really are.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I was a client for 3-4 years and with the service I received I will close all my pages and domains. I created a new website for a new business and GODADDY service was the worst thing I ever imagined, they wanted to make me pay them extra $ 60 for a page that I already made more opening fees than I was clearly willing to pay. An absolute theft. I will try to close all my pages and look for a company that is willing to help and not steal from its customers. The problem is not the extra money, it is the quality of customer service, since they try to abuse power and make a profit for everything.

Godaddy.com Company Information