2.74/5

755 Godaddy.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 2, 2019

I keep finding that my two domain names are not appearing on the web. Instead of my website, I see a Godaddy.com advertisement. When I contacted customer support, I was told that I need to republish my site from time to time. This is crazy! Even if I have no changes, I am supposed to republish so my site is active! I will be moving my web hosting to another company. Stay away! Terrible support also.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I bought one domain name from them and had it for several years, but I always ONLY do manual renewals, I NEVER do automatic renewals. Well this year they took my credit card from last renewal in 2011 and charged it for this years renewal, after I let it lapsed. When I called to cancel and request my refund, they said it is their policy NOT to refund any accounts. So I disputed with Citi Cards and they are struggling with GoDaddy's cancellation department. I will start a legal suit, just to stop this company from ripping others off. It's terrible that we give them our business for several years, and then to be robbed and treated like this is just NOT the America way. They must be in a terrible financial position to rip off their own clients. DO NOT USE THEM, go to Network Solutions, they don't ripoff their clients.

Original review: June 28, 2019

We (unfortunately) go through GoDaddy for our OWA SSL certs for our corporate office, as well as all of our sister companies. GoDaddy's customer service is absolutely abysmal. I've had the unfortunate experience to call upon them for several questions\issues and have never once had anyone act as though they gave a damn to provide me with even the smallest amount of assistance. They act/sound as though they're doing me a favor just by taking my call. I've decided to look into other certificate signing companies for all of our future SSL renewals. Without exaggeration, I have had better customer service from Taco Bell.

Original review: June 25, 2019

DO NOT purchase domain privacy and protection from GoDaddy! I recently purchased several domain names and paid extra for privacy and protection for each one. Within days I began getting calls and texts from people soliciting work related to the domain names. GoDaddy is the only place I purchased from, so know it's a failure on the part of GoDaddy to protect the privacy I paid for. I recommend researching and using another company. Wish I had!

Original review: June 19, 2019

This company took me from my bank account $261.17 for a service that I never requested or bought. I've tired of calling them and they never serve. They have the worst customer service I've ever seen. They just told me they gave the money back to my bank, which never happened. Cancel that service online and in any case they kept my money. Never do business with them, now I'm going to sue them through my lawyer for fraud and thieves. No one deserves to be robbed of that money, which has cost so much to win. I'll get to the last of the consequences until I get my money back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: June 17, 2019

In my 30 years of professional experience I have yet to find a company with worse customer service. Even though I am no longer a customer of theirs (due to overzealous sales people), they still continue to call me with unwanted solicitations. When I ask to be removed from their call list they say they cannot do it without my pin for a past company from years past.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I use Godaddy Hosting from last 3 Years, from last week my website is down because they have Windows Plesk issues, (the whole GoDaddy Windows Plesk issues is going on as per their customer care said). Many time I called customer care but always they are failed to resolved Plesk issues. Still my website is not working because of Plesk. Yesterday midnight I chat with customer care. Now they said, “Your 4 digits pin is not valid,” and I am using this pin regularly, even though they send OTP on email and SMS, but that also I not received. Whenever I contact customer care they always take 30 to 50 minutes, they talk 1 minutes and keep hold for 10 minutes, and then after there are no result. Now I am frustrated from their services. I am planning to shift my hosting server to other company. I don't advice anyone to buy GoDaddy Services.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I purchased a professional website build service for over $3600.00 for a complete web store. The first designer they gave me produced something completely unacceptable. I could have done better on my own. They lost all the information I submitted, which took me maybe 30-40 hours of my time. They gave me a new designer, but by that time, I had become very frustrated and just wanted my money back. They said, "Sorry. Your website is complete and no refunds!" Complete waste of my time and money, with a unfunctional web store.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I have been frustrated dealing with their customer service due to my inability to log in to my GoDaddy account. As I mentioned to 4 different support helpers that I don't receive any email regarding my one time code through email. I clearly said that the last email I received was on May 26, 2019 for domain renewal. I told them, it might be something wrong with your system as on the website when I tried to send the 6 digits pin, it was said which email they sent to but I haven't never got any until I wrote this review. Stay away from this hosting company!!!!

Original review: May 30, 2019

This is the worse company to work with, stay away from them they will rip you off and steal your money... Stay away from them. I had domain names with for about 18 years, they end up to steal my domain name. Their email service is by far the worse email service you can have. Stay away from them.

Godaddy.com Company Information