Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com

3.4/5 (549 ratings)

About Godaddy.com

GoDaddy is a web host and domain provider that offers multiple website plans and features. One of the largest domain-hosting companies, GoDaddy also provides multiple add-on services and 24/7 customer support.

Pros

• One of the largest domain hosts
  • Plans for Linux and Windows
  • 24/7 phone support

Cons

• Extra cost for backup
  • Limited live chat help

Bottom Line

GoDaddy is a web host and domain registrar. It offers affordable introductory rates and some free features in the first year. Many of its features come with extra costs that can add up quickly.

Godaddy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Godaddy.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

As of today, it's been 7 days since we sent this company the request that two-step verification be removed in order to open service tickets with Godaddy. Our distribution email service has not been working and we tried to open a ticket. So, they simply have "too much" of a backlog. However, their own website states that a maximum of 72 hours should be expected. I call them twice a day with the same answer, "Your request is in queue and nothing you can do until you receive an email from us." Seems every time I call to follow up, they send me back to the end of the line. BTW, no way to escalate with them. It's talking to the guys in the call center and that's it. We as a company have made a decision to drop their service as soon as we are able to open a ticket. So, no way we are going to risk our operation with such an unreliable company.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

I used Godaddy for several years. They moved their support to India. Use to call Customer service and talk with someone and get problems solved. I was unable to install my backups. I spent over 20 hours on tech support chats, some lasting several hours. Nothing was accomplished. Also, I was charged 4 times for my email $77.64 each in one month. Again several hours trying to get refunds. I was told not to worry, two weeks later I received one, and 12 days later another. Now I'm told to contact "verifypayment@godaddy.com", I did and got a response saying I would be contacted within 72 hours (5 days ago). I moved our site and other products from Godaddy. Their support has gone to hell, don't waste your time and money.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

I signed up for a 10 year unlimited email service from Godaddy about two years ago. Recently they said I had to move to Microsoft 365 for email. I reached out to a IT company and after they got involved, recommended I go directly to Microsoft 365 through Microsoft, and not through Godaddy as the benefits were more and the price was less. Thinking Godaddy would refund the unused portion of my 10 year email service, I called godaddy. They said their policy is to not issue refunds in this case if you leave godaddy. So, in effect, they said, "Unless you stay with us and we can charge you more for less as compared to a different company, we will not do the right thing and issue a refund." This fiasco cost me $1,200. I will never use Godaddy again and I advise you not to as well. I am a CPA so am well versed in financial matters. They run a big con game in my opinion.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

My domain is down because someone hacked my account, Godaddy support charged me $243 to restore the website. One week passed and the website is still down. When I called the tech support hanged up on me.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Been with GoDaddy for many years, products have been OK though they always make you buy more than you expect, the essentials always needing to be added. In July they stopped email services not using Outlook and forced us onto Outlook. My company uses Apple and email got lost and the service did not work. GoDaddy refuses to refund having broken the contract and caused my company a lot of headache, cost and concern. We moved to one.com which is much better, both in terms of service and flexibility.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Godaddy, running business in India without physical office. Anyone can Hack your hosting site if you Host using godaddy portal. When you call for claim customer reply, "Our USA office will handle legal terms." I strongly suggest avoid godaddy.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

These guys have no clue what they're doing with building websites. They convinced us to go with their marketing team on a website re-build since they were our host - and they couldn't even copy over our original site. I had to give them instructions for EVERY SINGLE link on our page. After 6 months- we hired another website builder who created a brand new design in less than a month. GoDaddy made over 100 authors admins on our page at one point instead of "authors of published articles". They would update 1/20 items every request and could not take initiative to make our pages uniform. Complete waste of time and money and we pulled our hosting from them after this debacle. Customer Service is a joke and did nothing to help resolve the issue. They took our money and refused to refund any of it. Run! Do not use GoDaddy for any services.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I used a GoDaddy representative to purchase an after-market domain on 9/2, but was informed today (9/7) that the seller wasn't able to perform the sale. The domain was originally posted on both GoDaddy and their affiliate, Dan.com, for a minimum bid of $1,000. After being notified of the issue, I spoke with a representative at Dan.com, who reached out to the seller, to confirm his/her ability to sell and to present my offer (the same offer amount that was already agreed upon).

Here's where it gets interesting: The original, minimum bid request was $1,000+. The price we (seller/myself/GoDaddy) originally agreed to and the amount I paid to GoDaddy was $1,249. The NEW amount the "seller" is requesting is $33,000! To recap, I negotiated (with the help from GoDaddy) a price of $1,249 (the seller requested this amount), I paid the $1,249 last week, I received a notification this morning that the seller "can't perform" and then suddenly the domain is relisted on Dan.com for $33,000!?!? I've already invested time and money on creating an LLC, opening a business account, initiating my appropriate licensing, etc.... All with the domain name YOU guys sold and then STOLE from me. This is not acceptable, and you guys need to fix the issue and get the domain into my name/account ASAP! I can't think of a more clear-cut example of a bait-&-switch tactic and I'm assuming you will get this cleared up.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

They sold us an upgraded web hosting and security package and due to their ineptitude, they did not set up their own product right which caused our website including more then 30 hours in blog work to get completely erased and per them, it's a COMPLETE loss. They refuse to do ANYTHING about it and regardless of the losses, I'm mortified. If anyone wants more info on this please reach out. They even sent a letter taking responsibility which I'd be happy to share. Will be seeing what can be done legally.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

GoDaddy used to have excellent support, but lately it has been unbelievably bad. I bought 2x domain migrations and have to call customer services for next steps. Money taken. Every time I call I wait 22 minutes, before some agent tries to put me through to Arizona where the migration department is apparently. As I type I have been waiting an additional 25 minutes - in total 47 minutes and counting and no sign of anyone on the other end of the line yet... Oh and this is my 3rd attempt. What do I do next? Their chat function on the website appears to have been disabled. Shocking and frustrating. Just want a refund at this point.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Previous experience includes GoDaddy holding hostage my email after canceling it in the middle of the day, the day payment was due. I am a person with multiple disabilities who has struggled with GoDaddy's platform from the beginning, including being forced into autorenewal, because the "link" to deactivate was not active. I am now having similar experience as I attempt to finish divesting by transferring my web domain away from GoDaddy. Instructions continue to be unclear and access to barriers abound when attempting to access support.

Help link led to invalid url. Chat function referenced had no button to access. Link sent in text support also went to invalid url. Customer support refused to answer direct question about what I was being charged vs what I was actually using, as I try to leave their platform entirely. They then refused to connect me with a supervisor to address the predatory charges, as GoDaddy repeatedly held hostage my data across both email and website.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

Forgetting a password cost us dearly. Our business emails were shut down due to Google's change in plans. It was necessary to log in to GoDaddy to resolve problem. The recovery email (gmail) was inaccessible. I spent minimum 2 hours per day on phone with godaddy, with promise of help and end result was min 12 days of no access to godaddy account. Still no resolve with them. After all this time. 12 days for a password reset is ridiculous. I sent them goverment ID's to prove identity but I was told they were backlogged and it would be 3 days, then 5 days, then 7 days, then 9 days then 12 days for resolve. They say there is a "team" that is backlogged. Most people I chatted or talked with were very polite but unhelpful. Only one person was outright rude and unwilling to help. We will be taking our business elsewhere as soon as we are able to.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I used GoDaddy for a domain name and web in 2014. $300 later for no email and unknown fees I got rid of them. I was suckered back in in 2021 thinking they were better. $150 for 2 basic emails later, renewal 2 years for SSLs for no website at $107/yr and I am going to go to Gsuite where I get 3 emails for $10 a month. They are a terrible company with horrible phone tree calls and outsourced CS. In fairness though, their US CS is not any better.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

After months of trying to regain control of our domain name, we are giving up. We are moving our marketing to a new domain. - The real problem is, there is no help or support to help us work through this. We had our web designer transfer our domain to GoDaddy. He died. GoDaddy said they needed a death certificate. We provided one. Then they said he wasn't the registered owner. - They won't tell us who is. I created the domain name. I don't have any information, since our web guy made the transfer. So, our lawyer says it will cost more to pursue it legally than it is worth. So we are moving on and away.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

They charge my credit card twice for the same services. Then they charge your card for all services not ordered. Do not trust this company. They are crooks, ripoff. I like a full refund. No store credit.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I started a web site with GoDaddy approximately three weeks ago. The first one I created was on free trial; a second one I created and liked better so I went ahead and paid for the full year’s fees. When I’d log into godaddy, I could still see the first, unpublished one beside the second, published one. So this morning I decided to delete the unpublished one. Even though I double-checked that I was deleting the one I did not want, of course supposedly I deleted the one I wanted to keep.

I got onto chat with godaddy, thinking that since I’ve only been with them two weeks, am still learning my way around the site, and made an honest mistake (that I don’t even think I made) that they’d restore it with no problem. I’m no tech genius but I doubt it would be difficult to do. They wanted to charge me NOT ONLY $60 to restore my site, but AN ADDITIONAL $200 that I just paid three weeks ago! I said NO WAY and will be going with a competitor of theirs. This is NOT the way to treat customers. GREEDY CROOKS.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

Our family business has worked with GoDaddy for many years. Recently we tried to get a different domain and their customer service is horrible. I do not deal with domain or website related things so when they called I told them I couldn't help them because I had no clue and I told them to call back because the person they needed to speak to wasn't available. They called back a week later and our computer person was not available as they're not here everyday. I let the godaddy employee know and told him that he could leave a message for them to call him back. You could tell that he was angry and proceeded to call me a liar and asked if I thought it was joke. I hung up on him after and he called again. I'm sorry that our computer guy isn't just sitting around waiting for your call. If I could leave 0 stars I would.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I have been with them for over 14 years, and at the end of the day they treat you as if you don't matter. They won't allow you to talk to a supervisor, and hearing the outcome of these supervisors are cold. They are cold hearted and I highly recommend you STAY AWAY. There are many other hosting servers, I don't recommend this one!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Customer service is not competent. I transferred a domain name to my account from another account on their system that had gone dormant. Tried for over a month to get it to connect to a website on Squarespace. They never made it work. Every GoDaddy customer service rep that I called had different answers, all of them incorrect. Wish I could give these clowns negative stars. Don't do business with GoDaddy.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I am a director at a small non profit organization. After being with Godaddy for more than ten years I've decided to leave. Each call is loaded with up-sales. I've had more than two elevated situations where customers reps gave me inaccurate information which affected the day to day operations on our company website.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I was very clear with Godaddy's web design team regarding what my needs were and what I needed a new website to do. In short, they told me "no problem" so I agreed to proceed. (Note, I am a Realtor.) However, once the site was complete I noted that the property search engine did not work and the "featured properties" were not updating. They told me I just needed to submit a "ticket" online and the marketing team would take care of it--linking the site to my MLS account. So I did.

Fast forward: I was eventually told that actually I would have to pay for a separate service to have this feature--at double the monthly cost of my previous site. I explained then there is NO purpose to paying for a new website only to have HIGHER fees. I was told, too bad, they already built it, and I am out $2,000. Oh, they also told me the site would be satisfaction guaranteed or my money back. But that was just another lie. In short: GoDaddy WILL lie to you to get you to agree to pay for a site and then keep your money when you discover they can't deliver as promised. I highly recommend any small business stay clear of them. I will never use them again for any service.

Original review: July 22, 2022

I had a site build by these idiots. The site looked as though it had been built by a child. As soon as I saw the site, I told them and cancelled it down. I expected a refund but apparently I was outside their refund time... Guess what? So was the delivery of the website they threw together. Absolutely disgusting and nothing short of THEFT.

Original review: July 14, 2022

Zero in customer service. Been a client for 15 years. Nothing like that ever happened. 45 minutes waiting on the phone. Text message service that answer irrelevant answers. No help at all for simple 1 minute problem.

Original review: July 14, 2022

GoDaddy automatically added Azure to my Office account and refused to fix it. Now I can't use my Windows log-in on my computer with DropBox and it has disrupted my business. I've lost time and money because of a GoDaddy error. They suggested I contact Microsoft; they stated I had to pay them to even look at it. I will not renew Office with them as they have no idea what they are doing.

Original review: July 11, 2022

We have been customers of Godaddy.com for over 10 years. In that time, we never really had any issues. This past month, our email accounts through GoDaddy were hacked. The hackers were sending out emails asking for credit card numbers, etc. During the same week, our automatic renewal came due. We were locked out of our emails after reporting the hackers. Then for some reason we became locked out of our email domain and our GoDaddy account. We currently have been trying for 3 full weeks - twice now for over 3 hours arguing over the phone for help- to get our webpage & emails restored. We can't even pay for our account, because we can't get in.

We have sent in the required verification with color idenification, etc. 3 times now. Each time, they said it would take 72 hours to confirm and get everything restored. 3 times now and nothing but arguing over the phone. In the meantime, we looked on the godaddy site and we can buy back our own domain name for a price! The absolute worst customer service I have ever had in business. I got rude telephone operators who treated me with disdain and do not care if they are hurting my business or not. I recommend you find another service with better resources and customer service.

Original review: July 2, 2022

After 19 years of hosting my domain through GoDaddy, they retracted features (went back on my contract), removing tools that were critical to my domain usage. The solution was to start paying them $400 a year more than what I was previously paying. When I explained this to the customer service and sales representative, he was notably disaffected, and other than saying "if I could offer those services to you for free, I would, but I can't." That's all he said. The only option I had to prevent the excessive expense was to transfer my domain after all of these years. However, GoDaddy immediately froze all of my domain features, locking me out of my email forwarding aliases. This caused loss of email for days, and it is still not resolved.

Currently, the settings and transfer pages of GoDaddy's site say that my domain is a "transfer in process," but there is NO confirmation or estimate of the timeline.

Now, thanks to GoDaddy, I am without email, indefinitely. No one will tell me how long until the transfer completes, either. This was an absolute stab in the back and a betrayal by a selfish company that does not care at all for its loyal customer base after years of support.

Original review: July 2, 2022

A domain name I wanted expired but I still could not purchase so I contacted GoDaddy.com to see why I could not purchase. I was told the domain would be available within 48 hours or I could pay the $69.99 broker fee plus 20% of the sale price to secure the domain. Exactly 48 hours later I still was not able to purchase so I rechecked the WHOIS and at the exact time I contacted them, the WHOIS was "updated" to not expire until the same date in 2023. This domain has never been used by the original purchaser. Godaddy is a bunch of bs scammers!!!

Original review: June 30, 2022

They canceled my 5 years old domain without my consent and listed it for $12000 on premium selling. Godaddy canceled my domain- www ellemart.com from my account; and sent me an email that I have canceled this domain myself! Can you imagine that you are paying the renewal price every year, and suddenly it got expired and this company canceled your 5-year-old domain! This is a painful experience. I am just hopeless! Now, they are telling me that this is their policy!

NOTE: I had another .com domain that expired before this domain, but I was able to renew that on the 19th of June, but for this domain because of rich keyword, they canceled this intentionally for doing PREMIUM business. THEY ARE TOTALLY FRAUDS. I will share more details of my genuine experience in all possible fields online. This is how this company does business.

PLEASE STAY AWAY FOR BUYING ANY DOMAIN from this company, otherwise today/tomorrow you will lose your domain. I had domains at other popular companies, but I had no such experience with them. This is not the first time, I heard this type of thing also happened to others, and today I am experiencing this! #STAY_AWAY_FROM_GODADDY #Fraud_godaddy #Godaddy_scammer #scamcompanygodaddy

Original review: June 27, 2022

GoDaddy - Email Service. My business email has been shut down due to some security update GODADDY is performing on clients who use Microsoft Outlook 365. My email has been down for a week and now they say maybe another 3 days. I called once or twice a day, stayed up ALL night on chat and they still cannot recover my email and get my business email of 20+ years up and running. I get 200+ emails a day for my business and suddenly I am shut down. THey told me if I filled out the form they would fix my problem and send me an email in UP TO 72 hours, this is after I was down for 2 days!

I called every day to check on it AFTER THE 72 hours passed. FINALLY they said OH you filled out the wrong form! BS! On the phone they said yes sir we know what you need, you are having problems with your email password! I SAID YES! Then on day 5 they said I completed the wrong ticket! Why didn't they tell me that on days 1-5? Now on week two they are saying complete the form for email access! I said how long will this take and they said 3 more days! All of this so they can HELP me by beefing up security! If I need help I will ask for it! Don't just shut me down!

Original review: June 22, 2022

A few weeks ago I find out my website down, I immediately contact GoDaddy. The support team told me they delete my website from GoDaddy because my credit card was expired, but they had my second credit card which was good. GoDaddy would care much about customers, they are so bad now. I LOST MY WEBSITE. I LOST MY BUSINESS. I LOST MY CUSTOMERS on this very difficult time.

Godaddy.com Company Information