Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com

3.4/5 (549 ratings)

About Godaddy.com

GoDaddy is a web host and domain provider that offers multiple website plans and features. One of the largest domain-hosting companies, GoDaddy also provides multiple add-on services and 24/7 customer support.

Pros

• One of the largest domain hosts
  • Plans for Linux and Windows
  • 24/7 phone support

Cons

• Extra cost for backup
  • Limited live chat help

Bottom Line

GoDaddy is a web host and domain registrar. It offers affordable introductory rates and some free features in the first year. Many of its features come with extra costs that can add up quickly.

Godaddy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Godaddy.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I can not receive emails from my own domain name. All emails go to junk, it will let me put my domain into "safe senders list" and save it. But when I go back in, the changes were not saved. After spending 5+ hours in 2 chat sessions the person from Godaddy claimed it was my fault and that I should change IP addresses and internet provider because it could be their fault. I asked to have the problem escalated and was informed that she already had and that this was the answer from the back office team? I gave godaddy 2 stars because I have been with them for years and really liked them. Until they switched from their webmail to Outlook 365. I'm not blaming outlook either, I use outlook every day. If I could turn off the filter online then I could filter in outlook on my desktop but no such luck.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

Godaddy charged me $19.99 to renew a domain I moved away from Godaddy a year ago. And they kept charging me, each day, for 10 days. They wouldn't stop even after I brought it to their attention. It's resulted in $199 in charges and $315 in bank NSF fees (it's an old account I don't use much). It's now a week later and they've done nothing. I've contested the fees with PayPal and the status is "waiting for a response from the seller." I'm glad there are Godaddy alternatives.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I tried to cancel my GoDaddy renewal, and cancel my credit card information, and the process was almost impossible. GoDaddy has no way to cancel and remove your credit card information via email or chat. I had to wait for approximately 50 minutes on the phone to do so. Horrible and unprofessional. GoDaddy does everything possible to make the canceling process difficult, time-consuming, and punitive.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Awful customer service and they engage in deceptive business practices. This review is in regards to the overall customer service experience. I have been a customer of GoDaddy for over 15 years. In that time I've seen customer service decline with each year. The wait times for customer service are so long that you just give up. I would bet that this is the intention of the company. In addition to the bad customer service I have had to make a formal complaint to both the better business bureau and attorney general in regards to unsavory business practices. My advice is to look elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I was a customer of GoDaddy since 2017. Today, I will be transferring any business I have left with them to another company. In December, I was sick with Covid. I could barely move. I missed a payment. This month when I started getting better, I transferred the payment into the wrong business account. I saw GoDaddy charge the correct account (1/13/22) and then I contacted their customer service right away (same day). I explained that I had made an error when I transferred my funds and could make the payment right away. They told me my website was deleted and I'd need to pay a restoration fee to get it back. I didn't have the money as yet. The representative told me not to worry because I had 30 days to restore it. I was willing to at least pay the $33 dollars but they told me I'd need to make the payment together.

Today (1/19/22), I called to pay both the restoration fee and the regular fee. I was told that they couldn't restore the page because it's been over 30 days. It's literally been 6 days. The representative then tells me that the last representatives that I spoke to gave me the wrong information and "they're very sorry". So, I asked to speak to a supervisor, the representative claimed that no one could help me and that was it. They offered no accommodations, no services, not even to help rebuild a website that they said could be restored within 30 days but couldn't. I'd suggest doing business with anyone else. Covid is heavily out here. Some people are in hospitals for 2 months fighting for their lives. GoDaddy has made no adjustments to deal with today's climate. Because of their error/misinformation, I missed the actual deadline to restore my website. Now, I have to go rebuild something that took me months to perfect on their platform.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

So, I used to get a free email address with every domain name I registered with GoDaddy. That was nice. I didn't use them much - some not at all. This week I realized they turned them all into paid email accounts without notifying me. And they added services I didn't want or need. I'll admit I found out late. We have a small family business and last year was crazy. We lost most of our staff and we all were working 20+ hours a day just trying to keep our store open and get our bills paid.

It didn't help that they made the charge the same name as the accounts that were for our business. I was aware we were paying that $300 + for email addresses for our company. So when they charged me $329 for my "free" email accounts I missed it. The charges come at different times of the year and they bill for 2 years at a time so if they don't pop up at the same time it's easy to miss. I think they plan for that.

As I was prepping taxes I realized they put a charge on my card for my "free" accounts. I looked at it and clicked the link. There was a button that said "Free" as well as a button that was for billing. I called tech support and was told that it wasn't free anymore. The support person looked at the page and acknowledged that there was a free option but then said it wasn't correct. That I didn't qualify for the free account and that the button shouldn't even be there. He also told me that I couldn't get a refund beyond 5 days after my order. I told him I didn't order this but he said he couldn't help me.

The next day I get a text message from "Advanced Support" asking if they could help. They were worthless. Said I ordered it (never did - I only ordered the service for our business, not for a bunch of throw away emails that I don't use). Then they backtracked and said I was notified that the free accounts would become billable (meaning they were just going to bill me for the stuff they told me was free). I asked when they notified me and was told they couldn't tell me that. But that I was.... I searched my email and couldn't find a notice. I couldn't find a message in my GoDaddy account... but the texter assured me I was... they just couldn't tell me when.

A little later the texter (I found out later that it was someone else) said they could tell me... made me jump through a bunch of hoops with confirmation codes in text and email. Then that person wouldn't tell me when I was notified either. They just kept telling me to call billing because they couldn't help me. I told them they contacted me asking to help... I asked again when they notified me of the super secret bill for my "free" accounts and they went silent.

We texted for over 6 hours. I have no idea how many people I talked to but answers kept changing. First they said they couldn't confirm when they notified me of the billing. Then they said they could if I provided account info, codes in text and email, etc. But then they wouldn't tell me when they say I was notified. Early on they said I had to notice they were billing me for free services and other services I didn't order in five days for a refund. Then they said 30 days.... They said I ordered the calendar and storage. I asked when and could they provide me with the order form.... they went silent again. Every time I asked for back up they went silent or switched me to someone else who started asking the same questions I'd already answered several times. Now they won't respond at all.

I've done business with GoDaddy for 20+ years. I've had private and business domains. I've paid for email services I ordered and have had no problem paying for the stuff I asked for. But I didn't ask for this. There is well over a year left on these services I didn't ask for but I can't even get a credit for the remaining year. Apparently you have to notice they screwed you in 5 days for a refund.... or 30 days... depending on who you talk to. Oh... and the free button on the email options page disappeared after I called support. Good thing I have a screenshot with the date and time... showing it was there. Not that it matters. They don't want to help you anyway. Just bill you for stuff you didn't order.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

As a webmaster, I update the credit card information for an organization when the President changes every 3 years. I made a mistake inputting 1 digit, and was unable to update the card online. So I called Customer Service to be sure the card was the problem and thought they understood I was going to call back after re-verifying the card information with the President. GoDaddy locked me out of the account! Then the next rep told me to do it online. Well I can't because I'm locked out. Then even after I gave them the correct 2 step verification code, they still insisted on sending an email in order to update the credit card. Of course the email belongs to the President, so I can't do that either. I asked for a supervisor. The rep refused. After 15 years of service, on autopay without a missed payment, this is how we are treated. I have had experience with many web hosts and GoDaddy has never impressed me. This is the worst experience yet.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Don’t use GoDaddy. Their customer service is dreadful but they are also unethical. I purchased two premium domains and once the funds were cleared, they have put my account on hold and insisted I upload my private ID documents for example Passport. I’ve told them three times I won’t send them my private ID and if they wanted this they should have asked during my purchase process. I have now asked three times for a refund but they simply continue to send their standard text asking for my private ID documents. They are bullies and fail to listen. A terrible company with no ethics.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

This review is about the chat service specifically. I had an excellent experience when I finally decided to try to get someone live. Spent about 3 hours trying to get a website and domain connected. Disconnected 4 times. Agents do not read information in chat. Agents just follow a script. Confusing explanations. Bot and live agent coordination is a waste of time if your answers are anything not 100% in line with their programmed scripts. Verification process is clumsy and awkward. No recording of information shared so had to verify, re-find, re-explain, information each time. If I had not already purchased multiple sites they would be losing all my business.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

GoDaddy managed WordPress sucks. I had contacted many times their support since I can't install or activate WooCommerce on their "Managed Wordpress" plans. The issue is because they are using outdated PHP which is not supported anymore by Woocommerce. Up until today it's not working. A big let down.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

This is not the firat time GoDaddy disappointed me. But I tolerated and moved on. But this time, it is over the limit. I have been contacting GoDaddy for 4 days. First day they said they have a global SSL issue. Then 2nd day they said it's my domain issue, they did some fix and domain propagation starts. I waited 2 more days. Now they say they don't provide SSL anymore. What the hell? I bought a Maximum Hosting for Free SSL and now they suddenly changed it without informing customer. I have the chat details and they are still showing Free SSL in website advertisement.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

My experience is sad. In the past month, I transferred into my GoDaddy account 8 domain names. All went well. The 9th domain name did not transfer, even though both the "losing" party and "gaining" party of the domain name tried multiple times. I personally call GoDaddy as often as 1x every 2 days. No one had a record of my issue. The people lied saying it was in progress just wait, or the insurance wasn't right (???) or the anti-hacking software was wrong (???), or they would escalate my issue, or their crack team will work on it the entire night until it's completed and send me an email. Sadly, none of their words meant anything. No caring, no email, no results, totally swept under the rug!

You wait on hold for up to 2 hours; the guy, and I have most of their names, says, "Hold on let me see what I can do," then after 10 more minutes on hold, the line gets disconnected. This of course is after the guy introduces himself to you. He asks for your phone number where you are in case we get disconnected. Sadly GoDaddy does not own one outgoing phone obviously! I would not recommend using this company for domain registration. Maybe they do a better job as a webhost.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

I have been with Godaddy for many many years, even before their original Superbowl commercial in 2005. They used to be a great company because of their customer service. Fast forward a couple of decades, they have become the opposite of that. They are terrible in customer service. I have been seeking support for the past 72 hours. One of my domains is down but there's a two-step verification on my account that unfortunately sends text to my old cell phone I no longer have access to. That is preventing me from getting the support I really need. I requested them to remove it. I followed their link and instruction, submitted my ID, and they still have not removed the two steps verification.

I have called them every day for the past 3 days, multiple times today, and they are still not helping me. Their customer service says I have to wait for another department and that department doesn't have a cell phone and you can only message them, everyone works from home, blah, blah, blah. I requested to talk with a manager, and the lady said a manager will call you but the manager never did. Almost as if their customer servies just want to get rid of you. As of right now, I can't seem to fix this, and we are going into the weekend where things is even slower. Over the years, I have given them tens of thousands of dollars in business, but they will surely lose me after this. Godaddy IS NOT the same company it used to be. Find alternatives!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

Go Daddy is so cumbersome and problematic to use. Even if you just want to call to make a payment you have to jump through hoops and give him a PIN number, verify it's you, yada yada yada. Why? You're making a payment? Who called to pay someone else's Bill and why don't they let them if they do? Takes me a few with no PIN number or code on Vistaprint to send, to pay a bill or tweaked my website. Takes a couple seconds for me to get in. In GoDaddy it takes forever to get in to their platform no matter what. It's a nightmare that takes forever every time I call I dread it. Every time I log in it is a huge production.

On Vistaprint you log in you put in your password which is saved in your phone, and then you update your payment, tweak your website oh, it only takes a few minutes and you're done. It always takes me at least 25 minutes just to log in to Go daddy and then once I get inside GoDaddy I'm just totally confused about where to make my payment or where to find my stuff. It's a nightmare. I never would have set up my email there had I known but it's too hard to undo now.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I personally am no IT expert and would never claim to be but when you call the IT support at Godaddy the office in the Philippines you might as well ask your cat or dog for help. The staff read off a script and anything that is not covered by the script they will read the same script again. I actually said to the help desk, "Look. I am a chemical engineer and know very little about IT so when I say can you explain please do not repeat the same script as the script does not cover what I require." The girl responded, "Well I am not an IT expert. Just a call centre person" and said "Well I will transfer you to the USA." On hold for 45 mins and bang the line goes dead, I call back and, "I will have a supervisor call you back in 1 hour." The call back did not happen and when I called again I was told, "No. We called you." Sorry but the service is so low level I think a group of high school kids could do better.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I have had a site with Godaddy for roughly 6 months now, very little issues until recently when their payment processing system kept rejecting my payment method, I added a new card. Still same issue, added 4 more alternative payment methods. None of them worked. Kept getting the same error message. I called my bank and they said those transactions were never received so It's obviously a problem on godaddy's side. I even tried clicking pay with PayPal button but got yet another error message. and when you try and contact them for help you're met with a very annoying "Your wait time is 67 minutes" and it keeps repeating like every 30 seconds.

They give you the option to chat with customer service but yet again you're met with a your wait time is 55 minutes. Sounds like this website hosting company has so many problems they can't fix them fast enough, meanwhile my business site is down and I'm bleeding money everyday I can't get it back up. Stay away from Godaddy! DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS. I AM LOSING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS EACH DAY AND ALL MY SCREAMS FOR HELP ARE FALLING ON DEAF EARS.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

I have been a GoDaddy customer since 2011. They turned off my email service because I couldn't afford the annual fee and asked if I can pay monthly, they said no. I have been without my business email for over a month now. They don't treat their loyal customers fair. Losing business that was already slow during a pandemic the reason I couldn't afford to pay the annual fee but was willing to pay monthly.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Terrible for SEO and Google. Spent hours with so-called Tech Support showing them how the Meta Titles were being duplicated in the source code despite the fact that unique SEO titles were entered in Web Builder. Tech Support will waste your time trying to blow smoke at you when in all actuality, they can't/won't fix issues hoping that most of their customers are clueless! Their sitemaps are garbage, too, and no way to edit them. I mean, the sitemap didn't even have the main root url in it! Finally, the only way to reach GoDaddy Support is on the phone so there is no tracking of your issue.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I canceled my renewal, deleted payment info. It says on my account information deleted and they continue to take 14.90 from my bank. ACH. So I will have to change banks to stop this theft from me. I have attempted to resolve issue with customer service.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Scam pricing structure with poor refund policies. Still charged me after continuously asking to cancel ALL services. Would not recommend. After overcharging me for 2 years I realized that competitors have almost 50% cheaper pricing, more transparent and better service. DO NOT SHOP WITH GODADDY.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I have used them for 8 years but this year they are TERRIBLE and I lost at least $2000 in business while they mangled and mismanaged updating my old website to their newer platform. Hold time is 50 minutes and usually I have had to make 4-5 calls PER ISSUE to get something fixed although every time I call....and stay on forever....I am assured the issue is fixed.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

On Sept 8th I hired GoDaddy to create my real estate agent site for a team I was creating. I gave the representative, Rebekah **, the website, login, and password to a site I wanted to copy the format exactly from. Before I ordered the site, I told them I wanted to copy this exact layout and was told the cost would be $1999.99. November 19, 2021 site is still not done. I had two website managers helping me and after 6 pages they told me the dropdown pages were all extra independent pages and they can't do them. The website team at the beginning never finished the site and passed me on the Word Press development to finish. They apologized and gave me 3 months of free service to finish the site. At least 8 other reps have been involved in trying to complete the site, by providing written detail, pictures, example layouts for the website developers, each one failing.

I would receive an email to say the ticket was closed out, however, when I logged into my site and items were still not done correctly. I would then have to start the process over again. Each new site specialist apologized for the other and stated they would get this handled. Some making changes immediate only to be reverted back to the original format days later. On November 17, I told them to stop and that this was ridiculous and I wanted a full refund. He said I don't know why they are not making the correct changes we are giving them. The site specialist said there are multiple different developers that are working on this and that could be why. He said a customer service rep would contact me in 2 days to discuss my options.

I just got off the phone with Nick **, Customer Service Specialist, and he stated that there were only two options:

1. Give me another 3 months of free Word Press service again to fix the issues and complete the site or

2. Offer a 30% refund of the $1999 website fee, but since I have had so many issues he would go to 40% refund and 100% of the $239.88 hosting fee.

Confused I told him, "You want me to pay 60% for you guys to take over 120 hrs of MY time in multiple phones, emails, and designing for this site that you can't seem to deliver per your terms?" He said, "I can't calculate what that is broken down to, but that is the best you are going to get." I said those two are not even options for me and I wanted to speak to his supervisor. Nick said, "I will speak to my supervisor, but they will revert back to me." I told him the first option is the definition of insanity, as you want me to go through this process again, with the same team hoping the original issues get fixed and new pages get completed, or I pay you for $1200 for taking 120 hours of MY time. He said, "they will probably tell you exactly what I'm telling you." There are many recorded phone calls, notes, and issues with my account. I want a full refund of $1999 plus the $239.88 hosting fee.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

This is a sad review to have to write for a company that I thought was good. I purchased an unlimited data plan in July 2021 and began to upload a site that I had had up over a decade earlier. The site was extremely complex involving the use of databases and very many files. IN November 2021, they wrote me and told me the following:

"Your ** website hosting account is storing files in a manner for which it is not intended or compatible. While we ask that you fully review your current and intended usage, the following is of primary concern at this time: /public_html/collections. We understand that this situation was most likely not intentional. However, whether or not the content is linked or otherwise in use, storing large individual files and/or large collections of files on your website hosting space causes and contributes to various issues which negatively impact our service and, in turn, its performance and availability to other customers."

So even if the files are linked, which I clearly intended for them to be in the future, they will not allow the site to be up. This hardly sounds like an unlimited plan. Now for the kicker: They waited a couple of months to notify me of this "problem", cleverly waiting until past the 30 day period where a refund for the $470 dollar purchase I had made, refusing me a refund when I asked them for one on customer service. Definitely steer clear of this company, they engage in FALSE ADVERTISEMENT and are deceptive and unforgiving with their customers. Bottom line is I am out $470 and have to seek a new host for the website.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I first hired Godaddy on July of 2021. Today is November 10, 2021 and I still do not have a website. Their design team is a complete joke and to date I am out $3100.00 and absolutely no satisfaction. I am turning over this abomination to my attorneys.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I decided to switch to Godaddy.com after another web host had a problem with my email. I switched to Godaddy.com on the recommendation of a fellow who fixed my laptop. HUGE mistake. At first, emails emanating from www.awordsworth.com hosted by Godaddy.com were going to the wrong email address. Then they were going to the junk mail of the correct email address. Today, ** emails are lost in space. This issue has not been corrected for at least 5 consecutive days. Can you imagine trying to run a business when my clients who need my help in landing employment opportunities and career promotions cannot get in touch with me. Not only am I losing money. I am sad to say I am not able to help people who need me.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Their priority is the money not the service. After sending us a letter to renew our contract, letter that we did not answered because we didn't wanted to continued receiving the service, they charged our expired credit card. We contacted CSR in order to solve the issue, the CSR told me that we should cancel the service and we will received our money back. CSR lied to us. A ripoff. Our advice, be alert, you could lose your money.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I have been in Business since 2009, I started my Internet presents back in 2010 with a very small online platform. I wanted to add to my company by adding to my web presence so I contacted UZ Marketing who was in my building at the time. I paid $1100.00 to build my site and let them hosted it up until recently 2021. I reached out to to WebCreationUS to revamp the site paying another $1600.00 hundred because UZ had grown and never ever return phone calls after the pandemic! The owner Quan use to answer my calls but after getting major contracts with the republican party he was now the **. So where do I go to? Go Daddy because I got tired of calling and calling their front desk.

I decided to move my hosting to go daddy who sold me a five year hosting deal. They soon realize I was with one of their biggest resellers which should have been easy right! No wrong. What did they do? They NEVER moved the site and took my money! The resellers ran my credit card as well! Everybody happily getting my money but nobody working on my website! Now my site is suspended! I'M LOSING MONEY! SOMEHOW IT IS ALL MY FAULT FOR CONTACTING GO DADDY AHEAD OF TIME TRANSFER HOSTING! Go daddy solution go begging UZ Marketing and offer my credit card up to them to make me active again and continue the thieving system they have created with their legal terms and agreement. That has kept them from various lawsuits!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

Absolutely absolutely absolutely absolutely horrible company. I bought domains from a TON of other providers, such as Bluehost, Namecheap, Hostgator, A2hosting and so on, and NEVER had the same issues I had with GoDaddy (also known as GoneDaddy). There are many problems they have, such as the most expensive domains when compared with other domains and very poor customer service, but the WORST part about this is that they keep sending you spam emails, spam phone calls, and spam texts offering "GoDaddy services" AFTER YOU ALREADY CLOSED THE ACCOUNT WITH THEM.

When you buy a domain with GoneDaddy, the "get WHOIS guard protection" is SUPER hidden and you have to really look around for it to activate it, as opposed to NAMECHEAP for example where it's turned on by default. So GoneDaddy sells your information/email/phone number to other scam companies so they keep harassing you.

I believe at some point I bought a domain with GoneDaddy and didn't turn on "WHOISGUARD protection" by accident, thinking it would be automatic, like with most other domain registrars. Since then, when I bought new domains with them, I always made sure to select the WHOIS GUARD protection service, and yet, after:

- turning off ALL email notifications from them
- cancelling/selling all domains

- COMPLETELY DELETING THE GONEDADDY ACCOUNT

I STILL get 1-2 spam emails/texts from the "GoDaddy creative team" offering to sell me their logo/design/website services. Extremely annoying and frustrating and when you call them... "Well it ain't their fault, and nothing they can do!!" Stay away. NEVER buy ANYTHING from them as they will sell your info in a heartbeat to make a quick buck. Literally - go with ANY other domain registrar except them - I have firsthand direct experience with this.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I have over 120 domains and have called asking questions maybe 5 times most in 20 years, I try to call today and it says 30 min wait, hang up and try another department, the time goes up. No offer to give a call back which I would have been fine with. Godaddy I’m transferring all my domains to another provider because you can’t offer adequate customer service. And this new Email program you all have added is junk.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

This web host was exactly what I needed. I’m trying to start a small business to make some extra income and this company has helped me out tremendously. They offer so many services and products that are very beneficial to someone starting out.

Godaddy.com Company Information