Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.08/5

GoDaddy.com websites start at around $12 for the first year. Additional products include domains, websites, marketing, Wordpress, hosting, web security, email and the GoDaddy mobile app. Partner programs include affiliates, reseller programs and GoDaddy Pro for designers and developers.

Godaddy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Godaddy.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Worst customer service. Technical Support Department is not helpful at all. They dont care about customers but only concerned about you signing up for their additional services or purchasing additional features. Would not recommend to anyone! We spent 3 weeks and still our concern is not resolved.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Migrating email to Exchange there is a serious lack of transparency of what is going on and neither the emails nor the website UI provides useful information. For an internet services company there should be much better support. Had to spend a total of 9 hours on the phone working through GoDaddy issues.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

This company is not in business to sell domain names but to continue to overcharge and rip off their clients after the sale. They will trick you into a low buy in then the renewals are outrageously priced and they will charge your CC without your approval for a long term renewal on YOUR website. DO NOT USE!!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Their price seemed very reasonable when I made the order. It actually included some unnecessary services at no additional cost. A year later one of those services was renewed automatically with a big price tag and I was charged unexpectedly. It was very hard to find out on their web site where to cancel the renewal (it might be better now). Also, apparently they sold my contact information to the web development companies and they kept on calling me... Very annoying. Please be very careful when dealing with Godaddy!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Being new to Godaddy.com I was quite excited about the domain offers. The ones I selected were $0.99 each. Can't beat that can you! Once in my cart they were considerably higher than the listed price, but still relatively cheap so I proceeded to try and pay for the 5 domains I had selected, total $50. The credit card payment didn't go through - that's ok, it happens! When I added the same domains a second time, for the same period the cart value was now $120. I asked their CS what happened but they could help. Wondering if they have an algorithm that pushes the price up after initial interest. Either way I felt very cheated. Please be vary careful and double check your cart value before checking out. I won't be using them again.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

So, one day I get a call from GoDaddy asking me what I think of their services. I explained that I am generally happy with their services and that I have a domain name simply for the associated email address. The very next week I get an email from them telling me that they no longer support the free email that comes with domain names registered with them. They have received payment from me for the next year already. That is a despicable and hurtful thing to do to someone. Call them, find out what they like and are happy with and then discontinue it.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Tried to set up an account, thirty minute conversation with someone from India, was minutes away from finalizing the account, and the conversation was dropped. Started a new conversation with a new agent, thirty minutes later, while confirming the shopping cart, the conversation was disconnected again. Third agent on the line offered help but had no information on the history of my conversations, so wanted to start from square 1. If they can't hold a conversation, how do they host a website?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I bought domain and hosting from Godaddy. I am suffering many issues like Error found, hacking and unable to open some links of websites. They don't have any solution to their issues. They always ask to upgrade the plan no matter what's the problem! Totally worst service! Don't use it ever.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Stop targeting website developers. We know how crap you are. Yet I watch music while I build and get smashed with your ads 2 to 3 times in a row between songs at times. Like I strongly suggest against you as a company to all my clients. I can get better for $1 per month. You can't even speed up your parking pages. That is a joke when it's 280 ish kb and I can make a 4mb page load faster with better optimization scores.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I purchased domain name and hosting from Go Daddy in December 18. This year I did not renew my hosting and all the blog posts that I had made in the year for which I had made the payment disappeared. My website disappeared. They charged me Rs. 5000 for backup. I was forced to purchase hosting for another year to receive my backup.

I also have trouble uploading posts. Pictures don't get uploaded. Posts don't get posted. Changes don't get saved. I have not been able to grow my blog because it takes forever for a single blog post to get posted. It is a nightmare. They do not help with any technical issue either. I called them today to help me with an error but I only ended up wasting my time. I will discontinue their service from this year onwards.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I can't even write down my experience with these guys. Just use other alternatives if you can. I will find one weekend one of these weekends to detail their refund policy, how they delete your domain without even reaching out to you, and how they are prepared to lose business from someone who has done business with them for years - just because they cant waive 60 bucks known as "Expert Services - WSB Restore - Onetime" - My domain was deleted because, for some reason, the autopay renewal setting somehow ended without my notice. But can they even try to understand your predicament? No! Well, good luck using them for business.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I recently had some old domains renew from 10 years ago that I had completely forgotten about on a credit card I no longer use. Luckily for Mint, when I was reviewing purchases I saw the expense. (I HIGHLY recommend the Mint app btw.) I called Go Daddy 20 days after the charge and said I would pay for the portion I used (20 days) but the rep said it was not an issue and I would get a full refund. Flash forward 2+ weeks and no refund had come so I called back. This time the rep said that since I technically owned the domains for 20 days I have to pay the full 10 year renewal. So 20 days cost me 3650 days... insane. I would have even understood if they had said I have to pay for 1 of the year and refunded the other nine on these multiple domains, but 10 years due to a technicality is just highway robbery. I had already switched to Google Domains, but I highly recommend you do too!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I recently used GoDaddy website builder for 1 month trial. They charged me over $200 after my 1 month trial, even though I never selected a plan. All I did was click "TRY FOR FREE" and "CONTINUE". There was never any agreement to be charged after the trial and they just billed credit card of mine they had on file. This is outrageous! Has anyone else had GoDaddy charged them for their website design and marketing services without permission?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I was drawn into the GoDaddy company helping me with my social media, I thought I would try it for a bit, that part wasn't bad, but I didn't feel I got enough traffic from it and they were not able to post to Instagram after the 1st month of my service. The worst part was that they kept pressuring me to use their website instead of my own, which I had just had rebuilt. They said if I discontinued the service with them that nothing would change for my own website, it would go back to exactly the same as it had been before- this is the rub! It did not!! They completely wiped it clean!! I luckily had files saved, but now have to pay my designer to rebuild it with the files he saved. I would never recommend them - so this is just a warning to the consumer! Hope it helps.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

On Jan 7, 2020 I clicked upgrade on Microsoft through GoDaddy. I thought this was going to list the upgrades, instead this purchased the upgrade. Today is Jan. 9, 2020 and for 2 days no one has been about to help remove the upgrade from my account. I was told I would have to delete my whole email and all the history and start over if I did not want the upgrade. I would not use any additional products through GoDaddy because their customer service department can not service the products or help fix a simple one-click error.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I called up the day before my domain names were due to be renewed to cancel them but was advised I'd been charged a week earlier and that they couldn't be cancelled yet. Even though I advised that the domain's original 1 year purchase doesn't expire until tomorrow, they advised I still couldn't cancel the next 2 year renewal and can't refund me the $500 they had charged me.

They pointed me to AUDA policy as to why they couldn't refund, so I looked this up and found that per AUDA they still should and could refund me, to which the contact named Nada simply advised their own policy said they can't and won't even though she had just said it was because of the AUDA policy. After spending over $2k in 12 months with Go Daddy I am in disbelief with the lack of willingness to assist in a matter where they clearly have the power to assist.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

Our Business has hosted over 20+ domains, business email, and other services with GoDummy for over 10 years. We've tolerated the over priced renewal charges for domain names and everything else but in 2019 they decided to double their email plan fees, take it from 15 emails to 5 and then charge $23 for each email. We decided to downgraded a few days before renewal and were still charged the full amount. Contacted customer support. They said they would refund the overage and then got an email saying they rejected the refund. Needless to say we will be moving all of our domains, email, and other services to another provider. Clearly GoDummy thinks that a $230+ refund is worth the cost of a $10,000+ spent customer so whatever. Do yourself a favor and pick a different provider for EVERYTHING.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

We have been with Godaddy for years. Building up a portfolio of 1000s of domains. I had a great account manager who was extremely supportive, responsive and always there to help. Whether it was assisting with tasks, or getting us the best possible prices. AND ALL OF A SUDDEN. We were upgraded to “VIP” as we had enough products to suitable for their premium service. Yeah right! They stopped the previous account manager from contacting. The one that was extremely helpful and always available.

We were handed over to a different dedicated manager for our account which has been a disaster. I’ve never experienced something like this. It’s as if we have paid our way to an inferior service. The new dedicated support staff member has been useless. Flogging off all requests for help, offering none of the initial assistance, super arrogant, hardly ever available, never offering that bit extra to a client that has invested a significant amount into godaddy. It’s a shame - that this one individual has destroyed our connection with godaddy. We have stop buying any domains, renewing or upgrading any of our products due the experience of our new dedicated account manager. We’re in the process of moving domains over to other registrars that care about their serious customers... Don’t keep spending at Godaddy. It’ll Just get worse. And I haven’t even men.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I signed up for a Godaddy business phone line in May of 2019. That same month I determined that the service was not suitable for my business needs and placed a cancellation request via the godaddy site. My cancellation was never processed. To date I have charged $79.73 for a phone line that I have never used. Customer "service' informed me that I cannot be refunded the monies paid as their cancellation policy will only refund funds up to 48 hours after payment is made. I will personally never use any of this company's services as this interaction has amounted to nothing short of theft.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Today Godaddy stopped my email from working. I bought a product which included a free email which I have been using for years and today when I called to see why my email had been suspended {This account is suspended} they told me that my email is not free anymore and to pay or leave was their answer to me. I bought the package in good faith which was part of a deal and feel at this point I am being abused by Godaddy and my customer rights are also being abused by Godaddy, my email is not working which is my business and personal email, which is my lifeline to my clients and friends and family.

I cannot believe they would take such action. As doing this will Affect my income as well as my communication with the outside world. I'm in shock. I have been with godaddy for over 15 years and they never mentioned this before and my emails worked perfectly up until today. I would like to know if anyone else has had the same thing happen to them over the last month. Beware all.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Our website was down due to hosting issue for a week. We have called them over 5 times a day and each time were over the phone more than 2 hours. Seems nobody were able to resolve the issue. All they were interested to upsell you something and as we were down and were losing sales we bought all their upsell services. Long story short, we paid them $1,800 to get our website back and as I am writing this the website is still down. I even asked them to switch off the firewall (something we paid hundreds of dollars) and the issue is still there.

We paid for an ultimate plan which means the response time should be less than two hours. Well after three days we received an email saying it will take one week to find out the issue. Still no guarantee to resolve it. We are looking for alternative providers. These guys are useless. They told me they won't be able to issue a refund which is disappointing. I call this a scam.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I began using GoDaddy about four months ago when I created a WordPress website for my new real estate brokerage. My website is hosted by their basic WordPress hosting service. The speed is good with TTFB (time to first byte, the measure of server speed) coming in at just over 300ms. However, the experience with their support was very disappointing. Some techs were very helpful and knowledgeable, but many had no interest in helping at all. That second group focused on nothing but up selling. The most common recommendation was to increase my hosting spend to $50/month if I wanted good results. Then there was a third group of poorly trained new employees who didn't understand they were providing wrong information, refused to consult with others to get answers and refused to transfer my call to their superior. Very frustrating.

After a few months I need a second domain to house my landing pages exclusively. While most hosting companies and many domain registrars offer free SSL certificates and privacy, GoDaddy Charges $65 or more per year for the first a $9.99 per year for the second. They also only have one hosting service that does not require that you buy an SSL certificate from them if you want to use one. I opted for that service and the performance is horrible. The TTFB for their Linus based cPanel hosting was in the 5 second range. Keep in mind that an acceptable reading would have been 500ms or lower. I was running Google ads and Google was raising my cost per click and warning that my landing pages were loading too slowly.

When I called GoDaddy for help, they blamed my website design, my plugins and just about everything but their service. When I pointed out that my Page Speed score was 97% and my YSlow score was 94%, measures that show my website is perfectly optimized for speed, they switched strategy and tried to sell me on the concept that my site was being hacked 16,000 time a day and the only solution was to switch to their $50/month hosting plan. Horrible! Friends don't let friends buy services from GoDaddy!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I have never written such a bad review, but these guys have wasted so much of my time and cost me so much lost revenue that I have to write this, even if it is just to make me feel better. I'm not even sure if what they do is legal. Where do I start. First off we spent so much time and energy bidding on a domain (after paying to be on a notice when it came up for auction). We won it, because I stayed in front of the computer making sure the bot that I was bidding against would not outbid me.

Then two weeks later I get a refund for my payment because the original owner agreed to pay for it what I paid for it! Such a waste of time. Then I get an email that is marked as suspicious saying my email account (we used them to host our website) was going to expire if I didn't "act soon". I spent over two hours total on chat and was finally told it was not spam, and I should do what the email told me to do. When I tried to, google would not let me because they had red-flagged the site. So I called the customer care center and they told me it was indeed spam. So, I ignored it. Came to find a few days later that my email account was suspended. When I called they said "well, we sent you an email".

Receiving emails is critical to our business as we are a tour operator. This all happened during one of the busiest weeks of the year. I have no idea how much business I lost as people could not reach me! At the moment I have been on hold for 32 minutes. Yes, 32 minutes! Which is partially why I am so upset and writing this real review. DO NOT USE GODADDY. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS, THEY ARE CONS!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Five times in 30 Days My Website is Offline. For several years I was pretty happy with GoDaddy, their Reps (it takes a while to get one) but lately their service has plummeted. I have a web application, they conducted an upgrade to their system and five times they have knocked my website down. Each time to fix it requires hours of my time -- and promises they break. It's horrific. Meanwhile my clients are completely blocked unable to access their content. I'm leaving -- but meanwhile no one has tried to make this right and they don't escalate. Go somewhere else -- this is not how you run a business - they are supposed to provide a service that helps me run my business not hurts.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Looks like PayPal filed a UDRP case against you. Just so you know, if you get lucky and find a domain name in this day and age that perfectly matches your idea for a business like Paypalbuys.com because on my ecommerce drop ship website I only used and trusted PayPal payments. I thought I was doing them the favour getting shoppers to sign up to PayPal to shop with us, but no. PayPal had started a case against me and my legally purchased domain name, while I was on holiday and hadn't even checked my emails to realise my domain name was gone by the time I got back home.

Now GoDaddy tells me, they won’t even refund me for the next two years of my domain or its privacy costs. So don't expect these big companies to be fair and square people. I learnt the hard way after losing all my savings into a business venture that was just taken away with a flick of a finger. I will be looking into Australian consumer affairs to see what my rights are but be aware things aren't what they seem to be.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

Had a bad experience with GoDaddy? I want to hear from you. I was a faithful GoDaddy customer for 13 years, but after finally getting fed up with their ever-changing terms of service, inadequate tech support and their constant, early billing and product cancellation threats, I decided to move my web hosting and five domain registrations to a different company. That’s when the real trouble began. GoDaddy stood in my way at every possible turn.

After I followed all of their domain transfer instructions, they would e-mail me the necessary transfer codes, and then later claim, for unspecified reasons, that they could not process the transfers. (By this time, they had taken down all of my websites and said I would have to open a new GoDaddy account before my sites could be restored.) Then they told me I first had to remove Domain Privacy from each of my websites (falsely claiming that this was an ICANN requirement).

GoDaddy thus forced me to place all my personal information, cell phone number, home and e-mail addresses on the web for for an indeterminate timeframe, accessible by potentially every spammer and identity thief in the world. GoDaddy then claimed there was a 2-week waiting period before the transfers could be performed. In addition, GoDaddy falsely denied being the Registrar of Contact.

I legally recorded GoDaddy’s lies under California penal code 633.5, and those recordings are court-admissible evidence. If you have had a bad experience with GoDaddy and would like to join me in Class Action against them, please contact me. I have all the necessary documentation to initiate long-overdue legal proceedings against this awful company. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I purchased domains and website builders along with Office 365. For starters they offer only a call “support” which is of no support at all. They are rude and arrogant and show a complete lack of customer service. Their web chat service doesn’t reply and they have no email support or complaints department. Not only did they charge me and refuse to refund me but they also refused to provide the service email/domains they charged me for. Worst company. Scammers.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I have been a GoDaddy customer for over 14 years (two separate accounts over the years). I had my plan set to auto-renew so that I would "never" have to worry about my websites being down. I did not receive ANY emails or auto-mated phone calls notifying me that my hosting plan was about to expire or that my credit card number on file was no longer valid. The last email that I received from GoDaddy was on June 24th.

I realized on November 12th that my website was down. When I called to inquire ALL of my website files and backups had been deleted. I was told by the representative that GoDaddy used to email to multiple email addresses but they changed their system over the summer (around the time that I stopped receiving emails) to only send to ONE email address on file. The email that they defaulted to was an email that I had been locked out of for over 10 years. I personally did not receive ANY emails notifying me of this change in email addresses, nor was I even aware that they had this email on file since I had not used it in over 10 years because I was locked out of it. I was told that they could see that all of the emails that they sent to this email address were bouncing back, yet their system still set that email to my default. Again, I was not notified of this change in any manner and therefore had no idea that my hosting plan had been deleted.

The first representative that I spoke with was kind and compassionate and was going to speak to admins to see if there was anything more that he could do to help (and to give me a hefty discount on a new hosting plan). He stated that he would call me back when the admins got out of their meeting. This never happened. I called back on November 15th and was met with an extremely rude and inconsiderate representative who was defensive the entire conversation. When I finally asked to speak to a supervisor (nearly 45 minutes later) the supervisor was also rude and spoke to me for about one minute to tell me that they would not honor what the former representative told me because he was a supervisor and he supersedes what he told me and the best he can do is offer me a 22% reduction.

I hope whoever oversees GoDaddy's customer support and business reads this email. I was a long time GoDaddy customer who was treated less than ideal, especially for someone who has been a customer for 14+ years. I will no longer be recommending GoDaddy to anyone who is looking for domain or hosting support.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

As a small business owner, having a working website that moves smoothly is essential. My website was down for 48 hours, after I asked for forwarding support. I called in 4 times in 2 days, sent screenshots, had members of my team and customers sending screen shots worldwide showing the site was down. Each time speaking to: Casey, Jason, Nick, and unprofessional manager Devon, they spent more time trying to prove to me that because they saw no error nothing was wrong vs trying to fix the actual issue.

Each time I was given the runaround and each time no support was provided to validate my experience or fix the website that I was still paying for, that showed it was down. Then they tried to convince me that our team based all over the USA & world all simultaneously were having regional connection issues. At no point did anyone walk me thru tech support or troubleshooting support. At no point did someone do a screen share to see the error. At no point was I spoken to as if what was occurring was true.

If you want to frustrate yourself thinking you are calling a department that will help you when the going gets tough, call in. If you are a business owner who enjoys spending their day off calling and being told your website which no one can access, is accessible. Call in. Otherwise, trust the reviews. It's a cheap site, with dismissive customer service. Trust this and the other negative reviews. If one person had actually said let's take a look at what's going on and see how I can help make this better, that would have been the world of difference. So instead I had to have them undo what they did that created the problem, and validate me. Shame on you Godaddy. Shame on you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

GoDaddy is one of those companies that is fine to use as long as everything runs smoothly. As soon as you run into a problem, you might as well cancel your subscription because their customer 'support' is worse than no support at all. Recently our company changed the primary bank account we use, and had to update our billing information. When trying to log in, none of the passwords we had on hand worked for our account. When we tried to reset the account password, although all of our contact information was up-to-date, we did not receive an e-mail with a reset link in it -- in fact, we received nothing at all, although we attempted to reset our password multiple times.

When I got in touch with the customer support to ask if they could manually send us a link, they either would not or could not help us. They would not resend the link, allow us to update our billing information over the phone, or even confirm that it was being sent to the right e-mail address (it was - it's the same e-mail address that they used to inform us of the need to update our billing information, but the company representative *refused to confirm this* because they claimed the account could have been 'compromised'. There was no reason given for this suspicion).

The only assistance they could provide was to tell us that the company owner would have to rekey everything manually, and it would take up to three days for any changes to take place. *Three days* to reset your password is a ludicrous amount of time not to be able to access your account. And if you have ever run or been employed by a small business, you know how busy your company owners are - spending valuable time arguing with customer service or wrangling with a poorly-designed website is exactly the reason why they hire assistance, such as the assistant that GoDaddy refused to acknowledge as a representative of our company.

Luckily, we were able to find the old password when our tech support came into the office, but it is really astonishing to me that an actual company representative could not help with a problem that, for most websites, takes under 30 seconds to resolve. I have never used GoDaddy for my personal website hosting and after this experience, I never will, and would actively discourage other people from subscribing to this hosting service.

Godaddy.com Company Information