2.81/5

730 Godaddy.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Long back they send some offer advertising on email and said free subscription if you take this Godaddy and when I took one steps they show you step by step plan and get to your personal information and send bill because you did not cancel free. They started taking into plans and very smart plan if you canceled. Also they say we can still steal money any kind of chase we get to stolen money from people accounts. Be careful all customers with Godaddy is big liars and leg pullers in words and money stealing tactics.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Godaddy is a money grabber that uses all dirty tactics you can think of to make you pay for services you don't need. They make it purposely confusing to cancel any domain, or simply to erase your credit card info (which in my book it's a crime). Once you cancel a domain you get bombarded by emails that try to scare you make you believe you will be paying a fortune if you don't renew your domain soon. Trying to sell a domain using their services is completely useless and expensive too (and even if you put your domain on the top of the auction list, it will most likely not sell). They represent for me a perfect example of the internet wild wild west. In summary: Don't do any business with them.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We called in for a tech support issue on our account we've had with them 4+ years now. We paid for a premium service so they would help maintain our website. When we called, she said it was not a support issue and that we can pay $50 for them to fix the website. We responded with "that's what we thought we were paying for." She then asked why we didn't keep the website up ourselves and said "are you busy or something?". Yes! That is exactly why we paid for extra help, because we are busy or something. The customer service rep was rude, unhelpful and very unsympathetic. We are switching immediately. A little empathy goes a long way for small business owners.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

All went fine for the first six months. Then a sales rep calls and said we are exceeding limits and need to move to a higher plan, so we agreed. After the move, things stopped working. We changed nothing. They blamed us. After many calls with very unhelpful people, one finally said, "Well they moved you to a plan that has less resources, that is why the site isn't working." OK, then move us back where we were, at least that worked. They agreed, but something got stuck in the process. We were locked out of cPanel and could do nothing but call them. After one long annoying with a conversation with someone who sounded like they were in a sports bar with a large party in the background, I was finally transferred to someone who at least had some knowledge.

That time I was on the phone over 2 hours while they put me on hold to check this, then that... Now they said they saw the transfer to a different server was stuck and should take a few more minutes and they would email me when finished. No email, so another call. Now it could take up to 24 (more) hours. Still nothing, so another call, now it could take 9 to 12 days. They told me there was nothing they could do as it was in the hands of a different department now. No, I could not talk to anyone in that department. No, I could not talk to a supervisor. Finally gave up after website being down for 6 days and moved to a different hosting company. Godaddy will not give any refund at all as we should have known before 30 days if we were unhappy. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I cancelled my site with GoDaddy. I think they just got too big and, like Apple, they forgot that they kind of need customers in order to stay in business. Very confusing and costly mix of products are required to keep your GoDaddy site operational. Billing is ridiculously confusing so that you can end up paying hundreds of dollars per year for stuff you don't need. Their sales staff are super friendly but their billing staff are obviously jaded by what must be a flood of unhappy callers because the people who work in this part of GoDaddy are rude, belligerent, disrespectful and 100% uncaring. My advice is that you shop around because there are much better hosting companies out there with much better pricing and way more professional staff.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I've use Godaddy for more than 10 years. Mostly to purchase Domains. One website builder. Initially they had exceptional customer support and service but that appears to have changed. I'm writing this review to log in what I think is a deceptive practice, unethical and possible tricks they have been doing to customers. Firstly when calling in, I now notice that you are placed on hold for long periods of time, when a associate comes on, they are not apologetic for the hold time and quickly want to transfer you to another department based on issue.

When they transfer you, you are again on hold for an acceptable period of time... hoping you hang up. I have a few times. PRACTICES: When logging in and either purchasing or renewing you will eventually need to check out (with credit card). On that screen you will notice (if careful) that Godaddy will automatically select time periods, add-on and options that you may have not agreed to... hoping you hit the finish button and therefore charged (you need to uncheck a lot of stuff).

More recently when I renewed, I made sure that I scaled back all of that before checking out. When clicking the finish button to be charged, It did not go through so I hastefully did it again and received confirmation. The next day I checked my bank accounts and was charged TWICE. Called Godaddy on Saturday and was told by an unpleasant associate that "Unfortunately they can't return the money without canceling the domains". I need the domains and therefore gave the person my opinion. In addition to this, I phoned in the first time and was hung up on as the associate said he could not hear me. This has happened before. To sum things up: I believe they are doing this purposely hoping the customer steps in the trap so to speak. I experienced their customer service going down prior to this issue as well. I will be transferring my domains to another Registrar. However, Godaddy has me locked in for two years now. This must be reported.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

The sitemap for my DallasSkydiveLodge.Com website is showing 22 http URLs although I paid for their SSL certificate. This issue is killing my Google ranking and has been acknowledged by Godaddy. I have a 26 Sept 2018 E-mail from Godaddy support stating: "Thank you for contacting Support. I am a member of our Advanced Technical Support team and understand you are currently experiencing an issue with your Sitemap.xml file for your website, dallasskydivelodge.com, showing http instead of https URLs. At this time, our developers understand the issue you are facing and are diligently working on a resolution with a product update."

They haven't done anything to fix the problem in two months and thousands (if not millions) of customers are not even aware their websites have this severe Google rank killer unless they subscribe to an SEO service (like SEMRUSH) that detects it. I now have to transfer all my domains and build new websites with a professional hosting company. Godaddy may be alright for personal websites, but if you have a business in a competitive environment where Google rank matters, avoid Godaddy like the plague!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

This is the synopsis I sent to the Better Business Bureau, lodged against Godaddy & Blue Razor, their company behind the scenes that few know about: I have tried for nearly a month, after being a client for more than a decade, to address glitches in the online Godaddy protocols, which have rendered my website inactive, & my ability to contract & address the updates impossible. I have 16 pages of inane email correspondence, including inert answers from the CEO's office, all to no avail. I have been forced to relinquish my attempts to fix their online errors & loophole verifications as a result of this month-long debacle.

As early as this am, I received yet another absurd emails: Support Staff Response "Unfortunately the picture is not clear somethings can be read others. It is too blurry to see what it says. Please reply with a clear picture of your ID for us to proceed. Thanks, Customer Service." I have submitted countless verified documents, have been a client since 2005, & still cannot obtain a coherent or effective answer from Godaddy. It is odd, as well, that with the BBB, there are also listed as "Blue Razor"... What are they hiding from? They used to be an innovative company providing excellent service. They are now just a tasteless too-large enterprise, with well-paid CEOs who do not bother to engage, either with illiterate & evidently underpaid staff, company protocols that actually function, or the clients that provided their gilded salaries.

I have paid through 2020, & now, after a month of receiving the same stupid emails repeatedly, will set up a new website elsewhere, & publicize everywhere I can, that Godaddy/Blue Razor is a disreputable ripoff, who has grown so large that they now believe they are untouchable. Seems to be a lot of that going on in America these days. No honor, ethics, efficiency, pride, or the ability to simply provide what was paid for. Fyi - if you need a copy of the 16 pages of emails, just let me know. I plan to publish them anyway. Jo-anna **

Desired Resolution: Desired Outcome: Godaddy should not only apologize, but fix the loophole in the 2-step verification/refund the totality of my domain name & hosting, submit a fair number in reimbursement for the time, effort & business contact & revenue I have lost as a result of their oblivious ineptitude, & assure publicly & personally, that this will never again happen to another client.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Inflexible customer service. Didn't notify me of a missed payment (I changed credit card#). Instead of allowing me to pay the missed month and update credit card info, they Required me to pay for 1 year up front or they would delete my website. Avoid these people.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

When you go looking to start your own website, you of course are going to come across these guys. At first all seems really easy, simple and well priced. After paying up front for three years things start to slowly go downwards on the service front. Can't help you make changes like they said they would. Their platforms are limited and outdated. After three years was up I thought by chance I should check how much the renewals were going to be. To my shock they wanted £18,000 to renew my domain, email and website editor. It was about £500 for the first three years. It was also set up in Auto renewal, so If I hadn't of checked I would of been crippled.

Unreal, my website isn't e-commerce or have loads of traffic. The thought that they think this is acceptable is scary. To make it harder I have had to change my email, domain, everything... and build a new website as Godaddy make it really difficult to move what you have paid for away from them. Trust me, there are better places to go... keep looking. I have photos and screenshots to back up every word.

Resolution response: Nov. 20, 2018

I have contacted a specific GoDaddy manager of after sales at NamePros.com and he resolved the issue quickly.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

A warning about doing business with Godaddy. After contacting the Godaddy support and trying to get a refund for a multiple times failed domain backorder I get a message this is not possible because the order has paid more than 30 days ago. Very bad business practice to let customers pay for something and not delivering any service and no refund. Even after complaining about this and giving them a warning I will give a bad publicity about this issue they did not take me serious. Stay away from this group of people.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Godaddy was made for simple stay at home moms weaving friendship bracelets that sell in super small quantity. If you have any sort of thriving company you will run into nothing but issues. If you need to upgrade your service, plan on doing it during your slowest month as it can take up to 3 weeks for your website to transfer to a new server. If it even transfers at all. Or all together. Joke. This company is a joke. Long hold times, customer service reps that have no clue about the industry... If you haven't been suckered into working with them run elsewhere fast!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I got a domain for a business I had and closed 4 years ago in 2014. GoDaddy charged me $255 in 2016 because they said I had hit the recurring payment button and would not remove the charge at that time I canceled the service and behold in 2018 again they charged me $255. I called again and again they didn't remove it, they wont cancel my account and since I have no access to my account because of the old password used they wont help me in getting to my account. I asked them to cancel the recurring payment and to cancel my account and they wont do it.

Their treatment is downright discriminatory and rude, they can care less about you once you leave and apparently they must be in trouble when they keep charging fees unnecessarily. DO NOT USED GODADDY. They don't care about you when you leave them and will lie and cheat even by lying to your credit card company so that they can get those $$$$. DO NOT USE THEM especially if you're Hispanic, I was treated like a second class citizen and I was treated like dirt, this coming from people that answer phone for a living. Go figure.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

They advertise 24/7 customer support. They do not advertise the wait time is 30 min to speak to a customer service representative. Simple problem of resetting a password is complicated with this company.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

They scammed me by keep auto-renew option by default. Also to stop them from stealing your credit card data you have to delete the domain you already paid for. Worst company ever to buy any domain or hosting.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I couldn't log on to my account because they told me the password is not correct. I set the account long time ago, so I don't recall all PIN numbers and verification codes. I called customer service, but they suck big time and wouldn't help me until I recall some information. I spent almost an hour of aggravation just to get nowhere and decided to abandon the account.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

In an attempt to renew my .tv domain on the GoDaddy website I ended up losing it! I’ve ‘owned’ my domain name for over 16 years, so I have some experience with renewing it, this however is the first time using GoDaddy as my registrar. Is GoDaddy’s website fit for purpose? Somehow over a period of an hour or two I was able to pay for my yearly renewal 7 times without my knowledge. Each attempt to pay was met with a blank page except for the GoDaddy logo. Each time I waited to see if a confirmation page would open, each time I went to my customer area to check the domain status and each time I checked my email. On the 8th attempt to pay I was informed the payment was successful. My customer area reflected this one year extension so did the follow up email shortly followed by another seven.

GoDaddy seems to be of the opinion that I deliberately and knowingly, went through the procedure of selecting one year registration from the drop-down menu and then going through the purchasing procedure using two different cards for payment eight times! If their website had informed me I had successfully renewed the domain why would I do that?

Even if it had been my fault for buying the same thing 8 times, it should be irrelevant, it shouldn’t be a problem, ask for a refund for 7 payments within the short refund window and GoDaddy have a happy customer. But no, they are only able to refund all 8 payments but not 7 AND they have to cancel my domain registration, which means I no longer ‘own’ it and it will go up for auction. When I asked why my domain would have to be deleted they blamed Verisign, saying it wasn't possible because they had already registered the domain for eight years with Verisign.

I have since contacted Verisign and I quote “if there was a true technical error, there are means for a registrar such as GoDaddy to request a correction.” I have carefully read the DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION AGREEMENT, all 14,7776 words and 42 pages, nowhere does it mention Godaddy have the right to delete my domain before it even expires because GoDaddy have overcharged the registrant due to a malfunction in their website.

My domain name was just a bit of a luxury but in some way I had become attached to it, my whole family use it only for email, nothing mission critical; it’s not even losing the domain I mind so much, it is just the way I feel it has been forced out of my control by GoDaddy. So faced with a choice of feeding my kids for a month or losing my domain I didn’t have much of a choice. Needless to say I will not be using GoDaddy again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I was so excited about starting my new business. I’m an entrepreneur and because of the wide advertising campaign Godaddy runs all year. I mistook them for a reputable company. Boy was I wrong. I actually believe that their 48-hour return policy is an outright scam. I was told there was a site-wide issue with their plugins. I had to delete my website 10 times. I called over 15 times during a 3 day period. As I write this issue is still not resolved. Ironically this happened on the second day of hosting at which point I was told it’s a site-wide issue and that I should wait it out exactly 48 hours. Mind you and I can provide screenshots.

Upon calling about my first issue I was harassed and had $1300 worth of products placed in my basket to pay for the next day. This is all within 24 hours of signing up. The guy tried running my card several times by lowering the cost even though I told him I have to approve all purchases with my bank beforehand when it’s over $300. So he was supposed to call me back at 1 pm but instead called me back at 3 pm. By which time their plugins started to give me issues. I ignored over approximately 15 calls from their sales agent to the point I blocked their number. I haven’t gotten good service since. The last call they suggested I delete the site for a 10th time and then tell me it’s past the 48 hours to get a refund. What a disgusting practice. And I know anyone that has a 48-hour return policy has placed a life cycle of 24 hours on the product. I paid for two sites and can’t even get one through the building stage because of this inferior service.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I was a customer for a over 5 years of Godaddy and they decided to cancel all of my products one day all of sudden for no apparent reason and would not reinstate them regardless what document I sent them. Customer service was not cooperative and very disrespectful. Worse company to build and host website as they will just shut down your site. Bad experience. Pure madness over there. They will mess up all of your projects and you would have to start from scratch.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I contacted GoDaddy stating I was getting a Ajax error. Little did I know that it would take four days to determine the issue. I followed the steps to resolve the issue. Updated all plugins and themes, problem not solved. Stripped all plugins except one, problem not resolved. Every time I moved the developer site to the production site Ajax error occurred. GoDaddy stated it was a DNS issue. GoDaddy then told me it was a firewall issue and that needed to whitelist my IP. It is not a good fix, because my IP is dynamic.

After contacting Gravity Forms they said there is no IP to whitelist, because the Ajax error is coming from the Admin-Ajax.php. GoDaddy is stating that it is a permissions issue on the wpadmin folder had only root permissions, causing the Ajax error, permissions reset no more Ajax error. Now getting Error updating plugin Gravity Forms, Firewall blocking update, 502 Error. Disabled firewall, went back to WPAdmin, now getting 500 error. Removed firewall. Still getting 500 error. GoDaddy states they do not know what is causing the issue, only to say everything is good on their side.

Every time I call hosting support at GoDaddy, it is like riding a roller coaster, there are people there that are minimalists and state that the server is fine and I have no problem, and that it is a coding issue. I spoke to a supervisor, and he was not helpful and was not sorry to see me leave after being a customer for 20 years. 18 million customers and they just do not care anymore.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Godaddy is hell. Suspended sending email because I have 7g of files? So what? The upgraded plan says unlimited. Stay away from that server! I think it's retaliation for getting free https instead of their rip-off yearly plan. But I just paid for too many years in advance :(, contract horror.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Godaddy has one primary skill. Finding a new way to upsell you every time you try to log into your own site! Today I was lectured to by "Claudia" at Godadddy's so called Customer Service that because haven't updated my Word Press website from Godaddy in four months I will have pay $53 to be able to mount a new blog. As logging in monthly is not in their Terms of Service Agreement. I asked why I wasn't told it was a "Term of Service". Claudia actually explained to me that buying hosting from them is like buying paint from Home Depot. They can't tell you in advance whether you will need paint thinner or turpentine or a paintbrush. Huh? I finally decided to pay up and if it goes well in 72 hours I will be able to post a blog. To be sure, however, she wanted me to hire their creative department.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Do not use Godaddy. Their tech department is awful. Over 4 years we have had a number of issues and EVERY tech person has a different answer, different training in Godaddy and rarely does a "solution" work. Now, my email locks me out EVERY time with all my company's emails in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome and their answer is, "Well, try Firefox, maybe that will work!" CUSTOMER service? NO way.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Awful experience, stay away from them! They automatically charged my credit card 150$ for a service I never opted in! I called them for a refund and instead of returning the amount to my bank account they switched my money to an in store credit in order to make me spend the amount within their site! So pathetic tactic... After so long time waiting their representative today couldn't "understand" the fact that I wanted my money back to my credit card and told me that their policy is not to return money but convert it to in-store credits. Think of it: I charge you without your consent and then I tell you buy something from my store, you cannot get it back!!! Stay away from Godaddy.com.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I called to get some info on one of my domain and the lady told me as my website is not secure I should get a SSL certificate and when I asked about the price she told me it's $135 and I told her that let me think and she right away told me that if I want to buy today there is special going on and it'll cost me $67, as I am not very tech savvy I told her that, "Let me ask my web managing guy and I'll get back to you." She said that I don't need any set up and it'll be done automatic so there will be no extra cost for me to pay the web guy, I liked the idea and bought it right away.

I've been checking since then and it did not happen so I called again today and found out from Abbas that it needs to be set up and if I need the automatic one I have to pay $199, I asked to speak to supervisor and she told me that they are sorry and they'll talk to the person who initially sold and offered me that the auto SSL certificate is $250 and she can discount this service by 20% and the total cost to me would be $200. Obviously I was upset as they all are just giving me different price and to my surprise I was told later that this is in US dollars and not Canadian which was not even disclosed ever.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Most every site I am spammed is hosted by GoDaddy. They love spammers. It brings them lots of $$$ and does not harm them personally. The spammers are from all sorts of businesses. Godaddy must be stopped. Their officers should be in jail for life.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Updated on 10/23/2018: Just this morning I received an e-mail from Bluehost that my domain name is still not transferred. I think GoDaddy's behavior is not only incompetent, it is downright criminal. Do not even think of dealing with this company; you will be sorry.

Updated on 10/15/2018: I jumped through all the hoops I was required to and contacted Bluehost, who put through the domain transfer request. GODADDY REJECTED IT in an email that literally made no sense, other than to seem to say that they didn't want to do it. I am livid! They told me I didn't remove the privacy (I already did) and then I would get another EPP code and have to call Bluehost and start the process again. If these people are so incompetent how do they even stay in business?

Original Review: First, they sold me two different products that did the same thing. I found that out from a subsequent salesperson. So I got a refund. Then, another salesperson told me something different than the first two had said. The site is incredibly difficult to use. I decided to go with Bluehost and spent 1 1/2 hours today just trying to get my domain name transferred to Bluehost. I don't think the chat person could even see the screens they were sending me to, which didn't say what the chat person said they would. I received an email that said one of my products was canceled; the chat person said it was registration that was canceled. So why can't I believe the e-mail? I'm so glad I am going with Bluehost, whose techs really know what they are talking about. If I could leave no stars, I would. Don't even start with these people; it will be a nightmare if you ever want to leave it. I wish I hadn't.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Very very worst service, please remove that "AWARD WINNING SUPPORT TEAM" from your front end. No doubts solved by that customer care. Dear guys, business people please don't go with this for your business, it will spoil everything.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I have purchased numerous domain names from Godaddy over the years. The ongoing problem they continue to have is their automatic renewal system. The last domain I registered, once again as I now always do, I had to track down how NOT to have my registration automatically renewed to ensure I wouldn't get hit with charges I didn't want. They do not make it easy. It's not an 'opt out' or 'opt in' option when you sign up.

You have to physically hunt for it and I am sure there is a reason for that... Extra fraudulent income for them! So imagine my surprise when without any warning, and knowing I did not request my domain name to be renewed, they stole $19.99 from my account! Talking to them is a joke. Even with my account number, the transaction ID, the transaction number... If I didn't have my long lost code to get in, I was out of luck. They are rip off artists to the nth degree, and I would avoid them like the plague if you don't want nonsense charges being zapped out of your bank without any way to prove you opted out.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Worst service and repeatedly miscommitting and ask for the money. First when I asked them about my requirements that I want 100 mail, domain name and want to host a dot net project with SQL server they recommended me the Linux hosting plan and add the plan to my cart. I paid for this. When I am going to publish my website a faces some problem called them they told I have to purchase windows plan for that and why previously they added c panel. They told, "Sorry for previous commitment you have to purchase new."

In the time of my purchase they called me repeatedly but when I am facing problem They also take my number and Email not even contact me executives repeatedly telling lies. They don't have sound technical knowledge. When I asked Akhila ** that I will directly complain share your employee id directly denied to share the employee id. I think Godaddy is a big fraud. Empid: (not agreed to disclose). 12.18pm, 2-0ctober-2018.

Godaddy.com Company Information