Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.60/5

Godaddy.com Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2019

I signed up with Godaddy to host several websites to companies that I run. I had a hosting near its expiration and talked to customer service about not continuing one of the hostings as it was a project that I had on a back burner. I explicitly asked them to make sure the the remaining 2 websites that I have remain intact. That did not happen, and a website that I spent $4k building vanished into thin air and they were unable to restore it. $4k out the window and no website for my business makes for a very dissatisfied customer.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I cancelled all of my services. As they took $266 from my account for a trial that I never proceeded with. When I called to complain the customer service was so poor, he tried to upsell to $370 on top of my $266. I asked for all the services and accounts to be closed. Today I called to speak with someone again to confirm my account is closed to be told I had been subscribed to another and better hosting. Unbelievable. Just cancel. I do not want anything to do with GoDaddy. I feel you may have to call weekly to continue cancelling the same site.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Like others said, they will upgrade your product and charge your credit card without your approval. Then when you email them from the email address they have listed for billing, you get an automated response that they no longer check emails. So now I have to call and dick around for my money that they have stolen from me.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I've had a number of domains registered with GoDaddy for nearly 20 years. The tech support was terrific much of that time. This week we decided that we needed to get the email on two of our domains to synchronize between our devices and computers using an IMAP configuration. Trying to set it up got nothing but errors even though I was applying the settings as described on the GoDaddy site.

After going through a lot of misinformation on the site I discovered info indicating that we needed to convert the free email accounts with those domains to either Personal or Business paid accounts in order to use IMAP. Finding how to upgrade to either proved impossible so I phoned support. I was told the Personal was no longer available and that I'd need to buy an Unlimited Business Email package with the caveat that it would become obsolete within the next couple of years. The package was $120 for five email accounts and included unlimited storage.

I bought that and got one of our accounts up and working perfectly right away. The second kept having issues with the server rejecting the username when I tried sending email from a computer although it worked on two devices. After more effort the next day I called support again to resolve this issue. The overly patronizing agent asked me to log in to the browser based account to be sure that would work and have me send him an email from it. I entered "Test" as the subject and got lectured on the reasons not to do that.

The email did get through though and I was told that showed it was all okay and that the problem was in my software and he couldn't help me with that since "they hadn't sold the IMAP package I had for over five years." I pointed out that I had just purchased it 24 hours earlier and he said it shouldn't have been sold to me. Instead I should buy a $360 per year plan. ( In retrospect it appears that the $360 he quoted me was for their Business Hosting with a Virtual Private Server when all I wanted is upgraded email.)

At that point I was clearly irritated but under control even when he told me not "to be that guy". But it became obvious that he had no interest in helping resolve my issue. He was there to sell. GoDaddy records the support sessions and I can only hope that someone listens to that most unsatisfactory call. I've got his email address so they can clearly identify him. Today I resolved the problem on my own and I have the IMAP email working. Meantime I'm making plans to move all of our domains from GoDaddy.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Each time I contact support they turn my problem into an opportunity to sell. Each agent will try to scare you into buying something irrelevant to your issue. You will get passed around like a cash cow, accumulate hours of wait time and dire support. After a purchase of any add ons, all the promises fall short, issues don't get fixed and you had more problems than before! The experience is hellish. I am running for the hills.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: April 8, 2019

GoDaddy did very little for me. 2 minutes to sign up, 2 hours to shut down the site. Will not refund unused portions of money. Sold my contact info to Third party vendor. Do not expect a "Sorry" from GoDaddy. Terrible company. I feel scammed. Bruce **. Alexandria Bay New York.

Original review: April 6, 2019

When I first became a GoDaddy customer in 2000, the service was fantastic. Now, in 2019, I've been working for six weeks to solve an SSL problem. Unfortunately, you can't send an email or fill out a form online for GoDaddy to solve the problem for you. You can only call. But after 15 or 20 minutes of waiting I often have to hang up. I have already wasted about five hours. I have spoken to someone a few times in the end. First, I had to renew the key, next time I had to take another type of SSL-certificate, but the SSL-checker keeps indicating "expired" for a certificate that was only installed a few days ago... I get very tired of this.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I called to pay for SSL certificate for two years. Curtis told me it would be done by 3pm the same day April 3. I called back since my website was still not working. I called in today. The rep told me Curtis didn’t submit the work to be done. He charged me full price and didn’t complete the services. Just garbage. There is no manager to speak with since the rep told me I reached the night shift office and he could not reach the day shift. Horrible service.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Beware of these crooks: my accountant informed me I was charged $500.00 by them in 2018. I ordered an SEO product which it turns out I was charged DOUBLE the amount. They refused to issue me any kind of a refund for products neither ordered or used - I didn't even know I had been paying double for a product. When I asked for a simple refund for something I never used, they said: "Sorry". They have a terrible reputation, and this just proves it.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I came to Godaddy several years ago (maybe a decade). The customer service was unbelievably awesome. You could call 24/7 and talk to someone immediately. The last couple of year it's been going downhill fast. First, calling now requires going through the complex computer system, and if you select the wrong buttons, you get transferred. Long hold times. Sometimes over 45 minutes and almost always 10+ minutes.

I bought some SSL certs, and the person didn't ask the right questions so it wasn't set up right. Didn't figure that out for many days. Called several times (on hold, gave up after 45 minutes once). Got through, new person said I should move to a new server (cheaper, faster). He said it would take 10 minutes to 24 hrs to remove the domains from the old server so I could manually enable it on the new server (wouldn't be automatic). After two days and more calling, found out the removal timed out. On the phone right now, and the new person is saying it will take another 24 hrs (maybe--no guarantee it will work).

So now my multiple websites are down, I am still waiting for some magic to happen on the Godaddy end, and there is no assurance that I'll be up and running tomorrow. Once my domains are relocated, I still have to wait up to 48 hours for the SSL work to happen (and I paid for that 2 weeks ago). Conclusion: Big company, doesn't care as much as it did, no longer hungry enough to keep customers satisfied.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I bought a domain in 2016 and started an online business. I got focused on my other businesses and just left the domains up. They auto-charged me, two plus years after, for products I don't want and don't use. Then they refuse to issue a refund, when they can tell that I never used it. I've been a paying customer all along and have 3 domains with them. You'd think they'd take better care of their customers, instead of tricking people into buying stuff they don't want.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Godaddy lately is very disappointing. I have been a customer since year 2000. Now I have a shared plan with 1 drupal website and 1 prestashop ecommerce. 2 websites. My traffic is medium low. Maybe 500 per day. Not telling you the pain of the last 2 years... Out of the blue the website is down since 2 days because am using too much "entry processes". I never even reach the traffic or the ram or the other limits. Got an email saying that it is time to upgrade. THEY deliberately turned my websites and e-commerce down since 2 days!!! And I am a regular paying customer (actually I bought 2 years in advance). STAY AWAY FROM GODADDY. Trying to talk to somebody at support... the automated voice says 20 minutes of wait, and when you are waiting 5 minutes the call ends. The chat is "busy"! Something dramatically changed at Godaddy in the last 5 years. Up to you what, but do not choose Godaddy!

Original review: March 26, 2019

Unfortunately Zero stars is not an option!!! I was tricked into getting o365 by Godaddy, when they told me that they were ending their exchange hosting plans. Everything was fine and well, while my small business was growing. As I started to need more comprehensive IT control, Godaddy started to remove O365 Admin features, without notifying me!

I spent countless hours trying to get an answer as to how I get back to the Microsoft Office 365 Admin Portal and they just kept telling me that I have access to the exchange Admin center. When I clicked on the Admin Center on Office.com, it kept redirecting me to Godaddy Admin page, which is NOT what I needed. I don't like to be insulting, but their "support staff" are completely ill-prepared for any type of semi-complicated issue. I am not an IT professional and I know more about how some of this stuff works than their "technical staff".

Aside from being conned into getting o365 direct through GoDaddy, (which I didn't have the need for at the time, since I was just using Office purchased all at once), they also gave me the run around about why features were removed from my account and it took them about two hours to provide me with an internal document admitting what I had known all along. Which was GoDaddy was removing critical features, in order to save cost with Microsoft.

That would have been all well and fine, but there was never any notification to their customers about the change and there was certainly NO reduction in price, which was completely ridiculous. When I started to push the issue of price reduction, the agent informed me that it was not possible to give me a price reduction. I kept repeating to him, "How could you remove features that are critical to the growth of my business and then not provide me with a lower price???" I also stated, "How is it fair that I am not paying the same price, for reduced features???"

Of course my complaints and requests fell on deaf ears. Now here is the icing on the cake, I pulled the trigger and hired consultant to migrate out of the Godaddy Netorg Tenant, so I can migrate directly to Microsoft and after all of the data was transferred into Microsoft, the office accounts deleted from Godaddy and the federation of the domain was requested, they are now telling me that my domain is stuck and it will require an additional 72 hours in order for it to be corrected. That mean 4 business days with no email communication.

I was even sent an internal memo from a Godaddy staff memo, confirming my suspicions of the removal of features. I wonder if Godaddy will compensate me for all of the lost business that I am losing because of their sheer negligence and pure incompetence??? ANYONE WHO USES GODADDY TO HOST THEIR website, do not let them talk you into their o365 package, especially if you anticipate wanted to utilize the full offerings that Microsoft offers!!!

Original review: March 25, 2019

I have been with Godaddy for years, we had a company website using their Deluxe Shopping Cart platform. Enjoyed 100% organic search results on a lot of our products. We had a good web presence, only downside was that limited to 100 products. At renewal I was going to leave and a rep mentioned the Go Central Online Store platform. Pretty much unlimited products not much more ££. Great, go for it. First of all I couldnt migrate in bulk. I had to do it all manually. And now we have zero web presence - zilch organically.

Customers can only find us online if they already know about us. Not a single on our our products shows up organically, even copying and pasting our product titles which are very unique and niche - nope dont show up. I have started threads on the community forum and found others have the same issues - "We will look into it." I have dared to enter their chat help system, well my word I have no words for that process. Unfortunately we have a year left with them on contract. When that is over we are gone. Steer clear!

Original review: March 17, 2019

As is evident by the long hold times, something has changed. When I first starting using Go Daddy, you called and the phone was answered. The best you can get recently is 30 minutes + wait and your call is clearly answered by individuals that do not speak English as a primary language. This results in the beginning of the horrendous experience. Having to repeat yourself over and over as well as go through steps that any idiot has already performed prior to calling for support. Reboot your computer, reboot your modem, clear your cache is the only knowledge they have.

Then you will be transferred to "escalated" support and start all over again with verifying your account and going through the same steps as a "lower' tier support. I am done and tried to determine how to unlock my domains for transfer and am told they can not do anything until they resolve the issue that they say they can not resolve and blame on my ISP. A court order will get their attention and have the result I need.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Godaddy is going worsened day by day. Their hosting service is worsed. Also they save your credit card information but does not allow us to remove the same. Customer service person even does not satisfy the customers and say one word only. "Sir we are sorry, and we are working on that". I suggest not to take any domain and hosting from Godaddy even if it is some bucks cheaper. Thanks.

Original review: March 16, 2019

They are collecting the card details at the time of payment, but there is no option to remove the card. And they tells that this feature is not available. It's against the rule of RBI. Please take one action against them asap.

Original review: March 14, 2019

GoDaddy sold me a product then they sold my personal info to a thousand vendors! If you like being called incessantly for products you don’t want, GoDaddy is a perfect fit for you. Only give GoDaddy information you want posted on the web.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I noticed yesterday that my website domain, that I thought was being renewed for 2 years was renewed for 9 years. When I called yesterday to ask about it I was told: By Scott, and Tabitha, (supervisor) that it is in the terms of service that when auto renewal is turned on it is allowable for Godaddy to renew for the first renewal period. This is absolutely unethical and fraud to charge people for more than they want. You have access to my credit card, and thus my trust and charged me for 9 years when I only want 2. I am close to retirement, and Have told your employees that when they try to sell me more time. I am at the end of the road, not the beginning. When I renew everything for one or two years, why would your company fraudulently renew for 9.

This is a matter of principle. My intention is to go to every outside agency to report this, as well as social medial, if this is not remedied in the next 24 hours. I was charged $160 some dollars instead of $30 some dollars. I am sure a company on the stock exchange does not need publicity about fraudulently charging people, as I don’t care what is in your legal terms of service, and I am sure others are not either. This is small print. Stealing and cheating from your good customers. Not a way to do business. If I treated my customers like that I would be out of business, and I intend that people know you do that while they do business with you. Potentially new customers. It is very hard to cheat people and get away with it, in today’s transparent world of social media, the internet review sites, etc.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I received a cold sales pitch phone call from Godaddy to design a new website for our company. I explained that I would be interested, if it will integrate with our company's point of sale system. The sales rep told me this would not be a problem. He told me that it would cost $3000.00 dollars, and someone will call me from their tech department, to go over with me, on how they will integrate the website, with our point of sale system. I asked them not to charge my credit card until they are sure that they can do the job. Well they charge my credit card anyway.

When the tech guy called a few days later, he told me it can't be done. They offered to give me a refund. Because we are located in Canada, our card was charged in USA dollars. When the refund came through, it was $250.00 less. I feel that Godaddy should not have charged my credit card until they knew for sure that they could do the job. I tried to call and complain, but I just got the runaround. We are out $250.00, and it was a total waste of time.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I am in the business of providing websites for clients, but this does not apparently inspire Godaddy VPS support to act when all of our sites are down and all of our cpanels are inaccessible. You have to wait 72 hours to even get an email from them and you aren't allowed to talk to the server admins, like they are some kind of untouchable gods or something.

All they do is blame the customer for problems they've caused and then try to upsell you to a more expensive product rather than supporting the one you already made a big investment in. If you tell them there is an urgent business need for them to fix the problem they just say "everyone ahead of you has the same type of problem." Wow. That tells you the kind of support they are providing and the complete lack of concern they show customers, when it's hurting your business.

Original review: March 10, 2019

On 3/8/19, I spoke with Curtis ** at GoDaddy Customer Service to explain that I had a phishing email in my account. Curtis said I had two options: 1 delete my email account or 2 have my email migrated to Office 365 for $252.25, stating this was the only remedy to secure my account as my account had been accessed through a ‘relay service’ with a ‘key logger’ installed. My son said these issues were not breaches on my virus-protected computer but through GoDaddy.

My son had me email Curtis to check to see if the log showed if any IP addresses had access to my account. Curtis wrote ‘Unfortunately we don't have the ability to see logs of IP address that have entered the account as the email type is antiqued.’ My son was able to find right on GoDaddy’s site a link for this info: https://www.godaddy.com/help/view-your-email-login-history-6844. I sent Curtis a screenshot showing what I found, showing no IP breaches. I, of course, received no reply so called GoDaddy this morning to explain that I felt I had been misled by Curtis and that what he sold me was unnecessary & that his telling me that this expensive fix was the only viable alternative short of canceling my email account was totally untruthful. My son explained that the email was a phishing email, with no breach. I am not a techie & depend on honesty in the companies that I pay/use.

I have been a good customer of GoDaddy for many years and don’t appreciate being taken advantage of. I called this morning and detailed the issue, and was told the order would be cancelled and a refund issued in 5-7 days. I have an email confirmation of this. I checked my email two hours later to find that no refund was going to be issued after all. I again called GoDaddy (exasperating!), explaining again to no avail of help and requested to speak with a supervisor. I was told I could speak with a Ms. **, who isn’t a supervisor, but the last person in the chain that I was allowed to speak with. She told me that she could offer a partial refund, but that I’d still be out approx. $100 for their ‘services’. I told her that I wanted a full refund due to unethical practices, and that I not only didn’t have a virus, but didn’t need to cancel my email account or buy Office 365 as there was never a problem in the first place.

This was all a ploy to get more money from me…and very unethical. I told her that I would be contacting my credit card company for assistance in the dispute if needed. She replied that she had done all she was willing to do, take it or leave it, so I called my credit card company as I do not feel I owe GoDaddy one cent. In fact, I think they owe me for all of the wasted time, energy, and dealing with their unscrupulous practices. I am livid.

I have all of the emails from Curtis at GoDaddy, as well as my cancellation email, and lastly the email that the ‘migration’ of my email account would not occur until Sunday or Monday, so it’s not even occurred yet, and it had better not. I began the process of questioning/cancellation last night/this morning, so before the migration ever occurred and would never have instituted the migration in the first place had they not used those scare tactics of the necessity of cancelling my email account without the migration to Office 365. I am a very small business and do not need the added expense of this more modern email system and I told every contact that I encountered at GoDaddy that my finances were limited and that I do not have money to spend on unnecessary purchases. This was definitely an unnecessary purchase. I call about a scam email and I am scammed by GoDaddy. How do you like that?

I am appalled by the lack of customer service and the outright disrespect of long-standing customers by not being allowed to speak with a supervisor when I repeatedly asked, knowing that my conversation with Ms. Cole was going nowhere and nothing but a waste of time, though she seemed to delight in the experience. She never answered why I was told that I would need to cancel my email if I didn’t migrate, even though she went back and listened to the taped conversation. Of course, what could she say as this was an out-and-out mistruth and they knew full well…Only wishing to scare customers so that they earn more money. I have contacted my credit card holder and explained the situation and if GoDaddy does not offer assistance, I will escalate the case. Very disappointed in GoDaddy all the way around.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I purchased Plesk hosting with GoDaddy and it's way too slow. I installed WordPress to start working on my website but, who can work wasting 7 seconds for every click? Plesk doesn't offer any support to clients that don't have a License Key. I called them and the recording says I can only contact support on the phone with an open ticket. I tried to open a ticket online but a License Key is a required field. So no support... I called GoDaddy to request a refund and it was denied because I purchased this a couple of months ago even though it's the first time using it. The solution I was given was "not to get Plesk the next time". Lol. So disappointing and frustrating. Bad service from GoDaddy and Plesk.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We were running a company in partnership with name of JST Business and we have domain from Godaddy and after 6 or 7 month my partner have resigned from the company. After that I took handover of everything from him. That took almost 6 month and after that I came to know my Konectbridge.com is got expired and I renewed that 30 January 2019 for next one and it got renewed for with no error. Today I was going to do live my website on that domain but that was not showing in my Godaddy account then I called to Customer care and they said, "You can't get that domain due to some internal policy issues." But at that time I haven't get any error while renewing the domain. I have every single proof that I own that domain.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I started hosting with Godaddy 8 years ago and every year they would raise the price on me so much and I would have to call in and negotiate the rate and always felt taken advantage of. I started having major issues when I couldn't send or receive emails to my sons school no matter what I did. It also started happening with friends and invites. I called them and they said I needed to pay money to upgrade in order to fix this... really? Upgrade just so I can send and receive emails? I started using gmail as my main email for school and such and rarely used my Godaddy email anymore but would still check it just in case an important email came through. My plan was to let my subscription run out- that's how much I hate dealing with them. Trying to transfer it over had become a nightmare.

So a month before the subscription was up, I wasn't able to log into my account! I changed the password and it worked for a day or so, then blocked me out again saying something was wrong. At the same time I kept receiving emails on my gmail on how I needed to update my billing info. I'm sure they were doing this on purpose so I could call in and give them my updated credit card info. This company is very unethical. Will never use them again. Literally the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Bought a website in 2015 and had Godaddy design it for me. Was supposed to get a SSL for free and found out after 3 years that I have not had one. Talked with a man for 2 hours trying to sell advertising and he never mentioned the out of date website. Then I also found out my website was out of date and for another $1500 they would make it up to date for another 10-15 years. What happened to the other one I paid for in 2015? When you call all they want is to sell something else and that's all.

Original review: March 1, 2019

They charged my card without my permission!! Very poor s customer service skills! Mark is a superior. He is very rude. He needs more training!!! He need to be fired and the whole entire staff needs to be trained again! I would never shop here again!!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Do not register your domain with Godaddy.com. I was with them over 10 years with multiple domains and when you decide to move to a better performing provider, they will require extensive formal requests, will not accept the simple online request, take 3-4 days between each submittal of their requirements. Process took over 2 weeks to get my domains released.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I just purchased and set up a website from Godaddy only to find out that even though I did every step that I was directed to do... I was unable to get reviews on my webpage due to not setting up a Google my business account through Godaddy instead of going through Google themselves even though my web instructions didn't say or even mention it. I went step by step the instructions set by Godaddy but it was wrong... Their reply.. It's a new program they are running and didn't know that I had to go through them to set up the Google account??? Saaay whaaat? Now i can only post a link to Google business reviews but not show or receive any reviews on my website. Am I the only one confused here? They said they would refund my money but come on. Just spent a good week setting up and perfecting my site. Grrr. Looking forward to the end of this hosting.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Ego and attitude of their customer service team are horrible. Every time I call, whether support or billing, for my business accounts I have to deal with the attitude of their customer service team as if they're doing me a favor for using their service. I'll take my business to thousands of other companies out there. Such a BS company.

Godaddy.com Company Information