Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com

3.4/5 (562 ratings)

About Godaddy.com

GoDaddy is a web host and domain provider that offers multiple website plans and features. One of the largest domain-hosting companies, GoDaddy also provides multiple add-on services and 24/7 customer support.

Pros

• One of the largest domain hosts
  • Plans for Linux and Windows
  • 24/7 phone support

Cons

• Extra cost for backup
  • Limited live chat help

Bottom Line

GoDaddy is a web host and domain registrar. It offers affordable introductory rates and some free features in the first year. Many of its features come with extra costs that can add up quickly.

Godaddy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Godaddy.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy?

Original review: April 25, 2021

On April 16, 2021, our hosting company, GoDaddy, decided to suspend our website. They sent me an e-mail a week earlier saying a folder on the site was violating their network policy, but they didn't say what policy I was violating. The e-mail was sent to a "spam collector" e-mail that I rarely check. When I called them about this issue, the customer service rep told me that they did an automated scan and found that we had zip files on the site, and he said zip files aren't allowed with my current hosting plan!

I said we've been hosting with them since 2008 and that we've always had zip files- it's how we sell products to our customers! But the customer service rep was like, that's what the scan found, so you need to delete the zip files to get the site restored. I said I need the zip files because I sell products and he was still like, that's the only way to restore the site. He couldn't say why they ran the scan now, or why we're suddenly not allowed to have zip files on my site.

I asked if there were any other options and was like, delete the zip files or your site stays down... which wasn't helpful at all! Then I had to ask if I could upgrade to a hosting plan that does allow zip files and he said that's an option, but again, I was the one who has to ask for it- he didn't offer it as an alternative. This requires a migration of the site and database, which could take up to 18 days.

He also said he'd put in a request to get the site up and running again since migrating to an upgraded plan will stop their scan. But that could take "up to 12 hours" but he didn't know when exactly it would be up again. He also promised that the existing site would not be affected since I agreed to pay for the upgraded service and to pay for the migration.

When I checked the site the next morning, after 12 hours, it was still down. I called GoDaddy's security department, talked to "Steve" and he said he'd check with their network violations team (the department that shut down our site). I was on hold for about 10 minutes, then he came back and said the site was now restored. I checked the site to verify, and he was correct. It seems like the first guy that I talked to never put in the request to restore our site!

Steve also gave me a few more details: he said the actual issue may be that we have too many zip files in one folder, but since he doesn't what the limit is, he couldn't tell me which zip file triggered their scan. And he couldn't explain why the first guy said they don't allow zip files. He also said that our website was on the co-hosted plan and they don't want any one customer using too much storage space. Yet when I checked my account settings, it said I had "unlimited storage space" and "unlimited traffic". So why am I being punished for using too much space?

Then the following week, one of our customers purchased a product and reported they didn't receive the product zip file. I checked the server and it seems that GoDaddy went back on their promise of not deleting any files until after our migration was complete! They actually DID delete all of the product zip files! Unfortunately, as I told them numerous times, this affects customers' purchases! AND I never received any notification that they would be deleting these files.

I called them yet again and explained that I paid for an upgraded hosting plan, I paid for a migration, and I was told they'd leave the product zip files alone. This tech was very helpful, but he said the "network violations" department was closed on the weekend, so he couldn't get permission from them to restore the product zip files. He then tried some other ideas, including talking to the hosting department and the Managed Services department. After talking to him for about 2 1/2 hours, it turned out that he was able to restore the product zip files from a backup earlier last week.

I then manually deleted a lot of older products so my total number of zip files falls below their (still unknown) limit. So the bottom line is: If you're an online business selling digital products, you can not have X number of product zip files. It seems no one knows what "X" is, but they'll delete all of your files, even if you agree to their terms and pay to upgrade your hosting plan.

Original review: April 18, 2021

I have hosting with them and just noticed a $360 charge on my credit card when I was going through my bills, I called and they said it was for web hosting and was renewed for 3 YEARS, I asked what could be done and heard the rep typing in the background to his manager that gave a number of options, monthly, annually etc, then I said go to monthly. He says they cant refund as it's longer than 30 days, I just got my credit card, nothing they could do, no care for the customer, they absolutely suck and just grab your money.

Original review: April 16, 2021

I was using these people since, 2015 and was handling 3-4 online platform businesses, with a different domain, hosting, SSL, backup. 7 days ago I got an email from the Godaddy crime team. Stating there is some malicious activity on 1 website and hosting is suspended currently. Instantly I got an email, all products were deleted and my account is locked. These people locked my hostings, took all my domains. Contacted phone support, They said the only way is to communicate via email hostsec@godaddy.com. I contacted them many times. They not telling me a proper reason for doing this. I requested my domain transfer code. So that I can use my domains with other company. They ignored my emails.

They have a right to take your domains from you anytime by sending you an email, They ruined my business and business reputation. Now in the process of legal action against this company. I don't want anyone to face this situation. Therefore I am informing everyone. Beware of this company. Never start your business with this company. They can let you down anytime.

Original review: April 7, 2021

First, GoDaddy completed SEO work on my behalf. However, because they failed to gather all of the appropriate information and neglected to inform me of their strategy, their work was in error and nearly useless. When I complained, they stated that they would only help if I purchased additional services. This was clearly stated on numerous occasions. This is extortion.

Now, as I attempt to move my website to WordPress, they have completely taken down my site. On my accounts page, there are several different charges for different features. Now that my site has been completely removed, I am being told that what was described as just an editing tool is really the entire site itself. They refused to return my site for even a short period of time and also refused to refund the charges I just paid. Their business practices are disgusting at best and maliciously misleading at worst. They have no interest in abiding by information initially provided and only care about the amount of additional dollars they can extract from small business owners.

Original review: March 26, 2021

GoDaddy Review. Buyer beware. I started my own business and for first year I purchased GoDaddy’s one year service agreement to have them create my website. I spent over $5,000 for this service. After we got the website like I wanted it, I told them I no longer need to pay for their maintenance of the site. I expected that the website would remain as is and if I needed changes, I would pay them fee for service. I checked it one time after I cancelled that service and did not look at it again for several months. When I did finally look, it was gone. I called them and they said they deleted it. They also said they would not restore it. I’m not one to post negative comments about a company, but this was expensive and time consuming and I feel like they just flat stole money and time from me. My website was very basic, and it would not take them long to recreate to keep me happy. But they refused. Sincerely, Renee **, CPA Hospice Financial Consultants

Original review: March 23, 2021

I'm giving 1 star because less than that it is not available. Poor technical support. Basic things they don't know. They always speak the same and forcibly apply to customers. After getting fed up u have to google and solve it. I have raised a cheque request 2 months back of approx 2 lakh but still I haven't received the same. They are not replying of my mails. Stupid revert on social media and so their legal team.

Original review: March 18, 2021

We have got a charge from Godaddy back in November. I called them and the billing was incorrect and a refund was due. Now it is March and over 50 hours of my wasted time and countless calls and lies that they give each time that I call. We just want our money back.

Original review: March 11, 2021

Go Daddy claims to LOVE helping their customers with PROBLEMS (and of course selling them lots of products), or that is what the phone recording says, but that is far from reality. Tech support with this company is awful, terribly condescending, and ineffective....It's easier to Google a problem than deal with them, unless you like to be talked down to from snarky tech Tier One types or you are just a natural masochist.... You may want to have your IT department deal with them. (If you don't have such a department, good luck!!)

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I have used this company extensively over the past few years but yesterday I received a very aggressive letter from their collection agency which is called Certegy Payment Solutions. I called GoDaddy and they confirmed that I do not owe them anything but when I called Certegy the Lady I spoke to was very aggressive and told me that I owe Certegy $168.03 which they say they, paid to GoDaddy for renewals on my account?! I guess that they somehow finance GoDaddy? The only solution offered by GoDaddy was to send an email to their legal dept and to their HQ?? Certegy are threatening to wreck my credit over a debt that according to me and, to GoDaddy I do not owe. So buyer beware, GoDaddy is dealing with some very shady entities that out of nowhere can threaten GoDaddy customers with debts that even GoDaddy admits, are not owed?? Seems insane!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Godaddy easily took my money and one week later set me up with someone to design a new website. This person just copied my present website and did not communicate in a timely fashion, if at all. Customer service just snowballed me from one department to the next when I cancelled my account. Five weeks later, they refused to give me a full refund even though my account was cancelled within the 30 day window specified. Promised phone calls were not returned. Excuses were always made. This is a dishonest company.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Customer Pro Account - Customer #: ** I am a PRO member and have had GoDaddy host my websites and products for over 15 years. On Feb 3 received email telling me that all my websites (12) were being migrated to a new server and as long as I don’t use WAF or CDN (I don’t) migration will be simple, I don’t need to do anything. I trusted them since all has been good previous years, no reason to check my sites. Feb 8, my customer called me and told me my bus website was missing. I checked and all 12 sites were gone. I called day and was on hold for over 45 minutes, no one ever answered. I tried again Feb 9 and was told they had to send me over to “migration support” waited 1.5 hr and no one ever came on. Tried again Feb 11 and the same thing repeated, again Feb 12 w/ same results. I put in a ticket to avoid phone ignore, and they responded with I must call in to resolve.

I have called 5 times and been on hold 10-15 minutes to be told I was being forwarded to the “migration team” responsible, and they never answered – waited on hold from 45 mins – to 1.75 hours with no one responding – and to date – no one has done anything to help get their problem fixed – I did not cause this – they did.

My final attempt was on Feb 18th and was actually working with a tech for about 3 hours – only to find out, she can not help me and she was trying to reach the migration team, who she said, is down and not up and working and hasn’t been for days. My business websites have now been down for over two weeks and no one will help get it corrected. I called Sales and told them I am moving my accounts since they have had it down for 2.5 weeks and no one seems to want to fix it, so I wanted a refund for the remaining half a year of hosting I paid for. They told me I am past the cancellation date and therefore no refund would be given. My websites are not up because of their stupidity, and to top it off, I can’t have a refund for my sites that are not actually online anymore. I want a 50% refund, I should sue them for more as they have interrupted my business dramatically with the lack of my websites online.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

GoDaddy's Logo Design department is a joke! Please do not entrust this very important task with them. They promise 3 finished logos and have you engage in these useless consultations as if they really care about your preferences or unique logo needs and then create whatever they want - just to be able to say they created the logos as promised. I believe they take your money upfront because they know that the quality of the work is extremely poor and this way they can avoid you and/or fight you on a refund even when they didn't hold up their end of the bargain. The fact that Nick O, the Customer Experience Manager knows nothing about customer services but yet sits in this position is very telling that this department needs to be overhauled.

So, please do not waste your time working with him if you're not satisfied with your logo or Ail who apparently is a step or 2 above him is equally as bad. I have done other business with GoDaddy in terms of my domain, email addresses and hosting services, but am looking at some of their competitors for it is very clear that GoDaddy doesn't value their customers but maybe once they lose enough of business they'll begin to understand how important their customers really are.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I was a client for 3-4 years and with the service I received I will close all my pages and domains. I created a new website for a new business and GODADDY service was the worst thing I ever imagined, they wanted to make me pay them extra $ 60 for a page that I already made more opening fees than I was clearly willing to pay. An absolute theft. I will try to close all my pages and look for a company that is willing to help and not steal from its customers. The problem is not the extra money, it is the quality of customer service, since they try to abuse power and make a profit for everything.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Long story: I've been with GoDaddy since 2010 helping clients maintain their website. They used to be the golden standard in the 2000s but obviously that has changed! Since my clients didn't expect much, I didn't run into issues, until one day, I decided to create a website for myself. I chose Wordpress hosting. I picked a theme, paid for it, no issues for 2 years. On a random day, I decided to change the layout of my main page and when I saved the changes, I was hit with an internal server error (which other people here have mentioned).

When I contacted GoDaddy several times to see if anyone can offer an actual solution, they just kept telling me it's the theme's issue. When they changed my theme back to the default theme, the website was fine. To me, I can't understand how the theme was the issue. It was fine for 2 years and I didn't install ANY updates for it. One of my clients also used the same theme and he had no issues with it either. Eventually, I was tired so I purchased a new theme.

Again, everything was fine until one day, the website refused to load in specific locations, mostly my home, my workplace and my phone on LTE. I didn't even know how long this was going on as I barely view my own website unless I need to. I've asked people in different locations to also view my website and it worked for some people and not others. Many people had the same issue and posted on GoDaddy's forum but had no real solution to the problem. When I called up GoDaddy (3-4 times) and spoke with each of them for at least half hour, I was always getting the "everything is fine on our end" and they continuously blamed my ISP and everyone else's.

At the end, they came up with the idea that the server my website was hosted on is blocked off by ISPs. Why? No one knows. When I asked them if the website could be moved, I was told no because it's a shared server. The CSR told me to switch from Wordpress Hosting to Basic Web Hosting. I had to pay extra and on top of that, it was a frustrating experience. Because of GODADDY'S error and because my website refused to load for no reason, I ended up paying extra for transferring my service and they even had the nerves to want to charge me $100+ for a migration service for their mistake.

At this rate, I was completely through with them. On top of all this, I compared the pricing to other host/domain providers and without GoDaddy's reoccurring "promotion" pricing, they're not much cheaper than other providers. In fact, I could've paid $5 more elsewhere and get SSL certificate/security and daily backups at no extra cost. GoDaddy has been charging me $40 a year for backups and their cheapest SSL pricing was $80 on average. IMO, does it make sense to let a customer worry about these things? Why would anyone want to visit a website that isn't secured? No one does! Why this isn't added or included to any of their hosting plans is beyond my comprehension.

In 2021, GoDaddy is still charging for SSL certification and with different price ranges depending on the customer. Last year, they were charging my husband for a service he never used. GoDaddy credited him for the unused service (a service that he never opted into in the first place, by the way). The agent suggested to put the credit towards to an SSL certificate through phone. Everything seemed fine at the time. Just yesterday, my husband tried to modify his website and for some reason, it wasn't working. Spent 20 minutes on the phone with GoDaddy, the agent said that unless my husband renews and pays $150 for the SSL certificate that he previously had, the website won't work and there's no way around this. Are you serious? Why is the customer responsible for this?

Now my husband is infuriated as he was never told this ahead of time. On top of that, this was an upset product that was credited to him by phone. The agent didn't say anything about the website not working if SSL isn't being paid for anymore. GoDaddy has lost me as a customer, and I warned my husband in the past. Now, they also lost my husband as a customer.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

Terrible Terrible. It is very difficult to port number or have your phone number release to take your business line to a functional telephone company. Their services is very long and drawn out. I was trying to have Goddady release my number to add a line to a family plan which had the same day deadline as my bill and it was quite impossible to get it done as other companies release numbers within minutes. My bill was due in months ahead so I owed no money.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Outgoing emails are constantly being blocked. Sometimes there is a failure message and sometimes there is not. Even some messages being sent to me have been blocked as spam and I did not receive them (not even in my spam folder). The customer service is never helpful. They tell me to submit a form on their website and say I will have to wait for a response. I never get responses or even a confirmation ticket. I have called multiple times and they really don't care to help. They seemed to be trained only to sell their upgraded service. I have never had worse customer service. This is the first time I have ever written a negative review of a company. Business relationships are on the line and Godaddy is a saboteur.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I'm the Senior Architect for a medium sized web development firm. This is the kind of company that seems alright until it isn't... and then you're stuck with nowhere to go. Believe me, this is the kind of company you want to avoid. Most of GoDaddy's services are reliable with the exception of their SSL certificate portal which breaks often. The problem is that they practice "black-box" tech support. If there is a problem on their end then it will be escalated into a realm that is simply inaccessible, and from which they never provide information. Inquiring about the problem with first-level support will get you nowhere. If you're lucky (more often not at all!) you'll get an e-mail when they close the ticket - regardless of whether it has been resolved to your satisfaction.

This is not a single experience either. I have had this a handful of times and I've spent days pulling my hair and trying to get answers. The last time it happened, I e-mailed Auguste ** (Chief People Officer) and Jeff ** (Head of Account Management) pleading for information because there was no other avenue of recourse. They ignored my e-mails. In summary, GoDaddy refuses to be accountable for their problems. You might get a friendly voice on the phone but beyond first-level tech support, no one cares that you exist.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Dave GoDaddy $1,100 deposit to do our company's website. Spent over an hour and a half talking with an individual to give him what we were looking for, their first sample to me was unsatisfactory so they said they would update it and make revisions. After the second revision it's not what I asked for so I asked for my money back. They told me I was ineligible to receive a refund because they did a revision. I lost $1,100 3 months and now have to pay out-of-pocket to another company to do our website.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Go Daddy forced me to upgrade my email after years of being with them. The only way for me to add an email for my new employee was to upgrade my entire email plan to the tune of $2300. I was very frustrated and asked for other options, but was told I had to upgrade all 5 of our emails to their new secure platform. I ended feeling as I had no choice and paid the $2300 only to find out a few months later that it was an optional $88 per month per mail box upgrade to security that I did not need. $50 per month times 3 for 3 of the 5 for back up on top of the already expensive emails. I only just realized this when I went to get a new hire an email set up and was forced to pay another $190 per year for this email as I have to pay for security for this one as well.

On top of it I purchased Microsoft office from them because they said it has 5 licenses so all of my employees could have it on their computers only to find out it's one license I can have on 5 devices so basically I paid $300 for 1 Microsoft office license. Go Daddy is a horrible company, feels like a big scam and if you break it down to monthly I am paying $130 per month for 5 emails and 1 microsoft Office subscription for the next 3 years and the only way to add more emails to my domain is to pay another almost $200 per year per email! Run the other way from these crooks.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I am using GoDaddy shared hosting service for more than 3 years and basically I am stuck with them because my service renewed automatically. I am getting 503 error intermittently and the website is really slow and I installed a fresh copy of WordPress but still, the issue is the same. I called Godaddy customer support three times in a row and the issue still persists. They told me they are running diagnostic every time but never able to figure out the issue and not able to resolve it. I will say their hosting services are really bad and servers are slow and full of issues. Don't buy Godaddy hosting if you do not want to stuck with them over the phone forever.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Go Daddy adds products to accounts without the owner requesting them or using them. When called about the added products, they refused to issue a refund. The amount was $180 so not insignificant. Extremely unethical billing practices and company.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

This seems to be quite a dysfunctional group to work with based on my experience. They claim they can get a website designed in 4-6 weeks. They kept bungling my appointments so that it took five attempts to make an appointment to review the website. The first two appointments were canceled by them at the last minute with no explanation. Every time my appointment was canceled I had to wait 2-3 weeks to be able to get back on the schedule. The third appointment was accidently scheduled at Eastern time instead of my local time zone.

Finally when I saw the first draft of the website I was so underwhelmed. I didn't even know where to start. It had very little information on it and looked like it was designed by an amateur. When I asked to talk to a supervisor, I was given the run-around, and was never contacted by a supervisor. The other thing which I was not comfortable with is that you never are assigned to just one person. Whoever answers the phone when you call in is the person who is going to work with you that day. This does not provide for consistency or accountability. Between all the appointment blunders, miscommunications and a milk toast product, I felt I had to call a loss and start over from scratch with a different company.

Finally after writing an online review (They do not allow you to write google reviews) I finally started getting phone calls from their customer service, and at the end they gave me a partial refund. Of course no one pays me for all of my wasted time going around in circles with them. Based on these experiences I would put these problems all at the feet of the person who is managing this department, and question their ability to lead and provide a good service. Here I am now three months later starting over. Is this the website design experience you would like to have?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I'm done with Godaddy. I moved half my properties away in late 2019 and left half of them there. Now they disabled my business professional email--a couple weeks ago! I have that email forwarded to my main email account and wondered why I wasn't getting my formal US govt filing alert emails. When I went into my account it said the account wasn't set up despite being set up since 2019. When I called them they said the server settings weren't right. When I asked how they were right for 13 months and then stopped (I paid for 2 years) she said there was no way GoDaddy could have changed them. Be assured that I didn't -- nor do I have any idea how that is done. In fact, because it's not linked to a hosting account, I'm not even sure it's even possible. She fixed it. Then she said she would look into it because I demanded a reason for the failure.

If I can't trust them on my professional email accounts, then I can't trust them anymore at all. I was holding awhile waiting for her to come back and then realized she hung up. Two years ago they lost my whole newly designed website due to what they called an internal "server glitch." And could not recover it. That was an expensive loss. I guess I was too generous giving them another year to recover. Now I'll move the rest of my products to Hostgator which has been operating fine to date. It's a shame because I've been with GoDaddy since they started. At one time they really did have award winning customer service, but that's been steadily deteriorating since they went public. Now there's nothing left of it.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

GoDaddy is a terrible hosting provider, it has a very deceiving business model and all in all a terrible host. Here are the three main reasons why we switched away from GoDaddy. Little disclaimer, our opinion is based on the eCommerce plan for Wordpress hosting.

1 - Absolutely horrific uptime: We started with GoDaddy in September, since then we have had 126 down events, 126!!!! Adding all of our downtime together that means our website has been down for 10h 28m 26s!! 10 HOURS in a little bit more than 3 months! That is so far from the 99.99% uptime promise that they give. Last week we got 81 down events. Now when you sign up for a Godaddy subscription you get some peace of mind knowing you get a 99.99% uptime guarantee. What they don't tell you is that that guarantee is a 5% discount on your next renewal if THEY decide they've not delivered on their promise. We switched to a different host for almost 1 month now and we've still been having down events while no one has been visiting the website. Now keep in mind our website is in development mode, which means it is not being indexed by search engines and only accessed by a maximum of 20 people within the company. So without even being visible to the public it is crashing constantly! So just imagine what it would be like it we went live with it.

2 - Very Limited Unlimited Resources: When all those down events started happening I started doing some digging around and discovered that most of those errors were Internal 500 Server Errors, which means our server is running out of resources and crashing. So much for unlimited resources. So if an online store with only 2000 products with a maximum of 20 visitors is crashing constantly, how could you possibly imagine going to market with a host like this. So the claim that you will receive all of the resources your website is clearly false. And that was impacting our performance as well. Our website was taking between 7-9s to load the home page and that was completely because of our host, the reason why I know that is because when we switched to a different host and simply did a migration our website went from taking 8s to load to 1.4s without any optimization on our part, just a carbon copy.

3 - Useless Tech Support: I contacted tech support dozens of times and never got a single answer from them. It took me 25min to even get in contact with them and they never managed to give me a single answer as to why our website was crashing so often. They would tell me that they can't see what the problem could be unless the problem is happening when you call them, which if you know anything about servers and the concept of monitoring tools and logs is clearly **.

Conclusion: All in all GoDaddy is a deceiving and subpar host that fails to deliver on every single promise they make you. Their pricing might be appealing but you really do get what you pay for which is ... not much. If you want a reliable host and create a good experience for your visitors stay away from GoDaddy (unless you need domain names and only that, they are really good for that).

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Customer service gives contradictory information. GoDaddy blocked me from sending emails to my clients. I followed all their instructions to unblock my account. When I replied to their response, their response was for me to retype my responses in the fillable boxes (of which there are none). They make it so difficult to unblock my account. This is a known issue and it is unfortunate I didn't Google it until today. This level of service is highly unacceptable. I have a business to run and will transfer my email hosting and domain elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I just discovered they charged me for Email Marketing sometime ago: $208. Never used it & it was during a period I was traveling. Didn't check my credit card charges. They refuse to refund the charge. So I am taking all my hosting, etc. to another company, which is 1/2 as expensive anyway. Do your research (like "reviews hosting 2020") before going with this unethical, and stupid, company. Ethical companies get loyalty and long term profits...

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

My email was migrated to Microsoft 365 on 11/17/20. I realized on 12/3/20 that I was not receiving any email and reported this to customer support. Supposedly they escalated this to the advanced tech support. 21 days later it is not resolved. Poor customer service!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

This company knowingly let a consumer through Dan.co in England take possession of my domain name -- which is my legal name. They have been trying to sell it since I was about to renew it. I have never filed a complaint before but these people are criminals. I am using .co rather than .com but they should have legal action taken against them. I do philanthropy and tutor children in need and this is not worth pursuing but the principle is. Many people could be duped.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I've moved my hosting plan to another company after working with tech support. The website only worked during off-peak hours e.g. Sunday mornings etc. I had maximum plan and following is how good it sounds from GoDaddy website - "Maximum: Intended for complex sites with high-resolution photo and video. Comes with unlimited websites and storage, increased processing power and unlimited databases." Just by looking at it, I signed up for 3 years.

Two months into the launch our website ChickieTrips.com started experiencing "MySQL server has gone away" error message and will crash. Tech support said, "Because it's Covid lot of people are at home and searching for outdoor activities. That is why you are experiencing this error." Well, they did not mention that on their website on product/plan label. I asked for refund because I paid another hosting plan from highly rated website on ConsumerAffairs website. I was told that refunds are only within 30 days. Every time I reported the problem and asked for case number, I was told they do not provide case number but it is recorded under my account number.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

This company has gone downhill so bad! I had to call 4 times to try to get my website issues resolved! The last call I was talking to a lady for 3 hours and at the end of it all, nothing was fixed! When I called Blue Host, completely different experience and they answer calls right away, not have to hold for 45 mins. I will be transferring my host to them since GoDaddy is HORRIBLE!!

Godaddy.com Company Information