Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.60/5

Godaddy.com Reviews

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I have been a GoDaddy customer for over 14 years (two separate accounts over the years). I had my plan set to auto-renew so that I would "never" have to worry about my websites being down. I did not receive ANY emails or auto-mated phone calls notifying me that my hosting plan was about to expire or that my credit card number on file was no longer valid. The last email that I received from GoDaddy was on June 24th.

I realized on November 12th that my website was down. When I called to inquire ALL of my website files and backups had been deleted. I was told by the representative that GoDaddy used to email to multiple email addresses but they changed their system over the summer (around the time that I stopped receiving emails) to only send to ONE email address on file. The email that they defaulted to was an email that I had been locked out of for over 10 years. I personally did not receive ANY emails notifying me of this change in email addresses, nor was I even aware that they had this email on file since I had not used it in over 10 years because I was locked out of it. I was told that they could see that all of the emails that they sent to this email address were bouncing back, yet their system still set that email to my default. Again, I was not notified of this change in any manner and therefore had no idea that my hosting plan had been deleted.

The first representative that I spoke with was kind and compassionate and was going to speak to admins to see if there was anything more that he could do to help (and to give me a hefty discount on a new hosting plan). He stated that he would call me back when the admins got out of their meeting. This never happened. I called back on November 15th and was met with an extremely rude and inconsiderate representative who was defensive the entire conversation. When I finally asked to speak to a supervisor (nearly 45 minutes later) the supervisor was also rude and spoke to me for about one minute to tell me that they would not honor what the former representative told me because he was a supervisor and he supersedes what he told me and the best he can do is offer me a 22% reduction.

I hope whoever oversees GoDaddy's customer support and business reads this email. I was a long time GoDaddy customer who was treated less than ideal, especially for someone who has been a customer for 14+ years. I will no longer be recommending GoDaddy to anyone who is looking for domain or hosting support.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

As a small business owner, having a working website that moves smoothly is essential. My website was down for 48 hours, after I asked for forwarding support. I called in 4 times in 2 days, sent screenshots, had members of my team and customers sending screen shots worldwide showing the site was down. Each time speaking to: Casey, Jason, Nick, and unprofessional manager Devon, they spent more time trying to prove to me that because they saw no error nothing was wrong vs trying to fix the actual issue.

Each time I was given the runaround and each time no support was provided to validate my experience or fix the website that I was still paying for, that showed it was down. Then they tried to convince me that our team based all over the USA & world all simultaneously were having regional connection issues. At no point did anyone walk me thru tech support or troubleshooting support. At no point did someone do a screen share to see the error. At no point was I spoken to as if what was occurring was true.

If you want to frustrate yourself thinking you are calling a department that will help you when the going gets tough, call in. If you are a business owner who enjoys spending their day off calling and being told your website which no one can access, is accessible. Call in. Otherwise, trust the reviews. It's a cheap site, with dismissive customer service. Trust this and the other negative reviews. If one person had actually said let's take a look at what's going on and see how I can help make this better, that would have been the world of difference. So instead I had to have them undo what they did that created the problem, and validate me. Shame on you Godaddy. Shame on you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

GoDaddy is one of those companies that is fine to use as long as everything runs smoothly. As soon as you run into a problem, you might as well cancel your subscription because their customer 'support' is worse than no support at all. Recently our company changed the primary bank account we use, and had to update our billing information. When trying to log in, none of the passwords we had on hand worked for our account. When we tried to reset the account password, although all of our contact information was up-to-date, we did not receive an e-mail with a reset link in it -- in fact, we received nothing at all, although we attempted to reset our password multiple times.

When I got in touch with the customer support to ask if they could manually send us a link, they either would not or could not help us. They would not resend the link, allow us to update our billing information over the phone, or even confirm that it was being sent to the right e-mail address (it was - it's the same e-mail address that they used to inform us of the need to update our billing information, but the company representative *refused to confirm this* because they claimed the account could have been 'compromised'. There was no reason given for this suspicion).

The only assistance they could provide was to tell us that the company owner would have to rekey everything manually, and it would take up to three days for any changes to take place. *Three days* to reset your password is a ludicrous amount of time not to be able to access your account. And if you have ever run or been employed by a small business, you know how busy your company owners are - spending valuable time arguing with customer service or wrangling with a poorly-designed website is exactly the reason why they hire assistance, such as the assistant that GoDaddy refused to acknowledge as a representative of our company.

Luckily, we were able to find the old password when our tech support came into the office, but it is really astonishing to me that an actual company representative could not help with a problem that, for most websites, takes under 30 seconds to resolve. I have never used GoDaddy for my personal website hosting and after this experience, I never will, and would actively discourage other people from subscribing to this hosting service.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I canceled my product (domain address) BEFORE its expiration date. I did it on the Godaddy website. Godaddy had already taken my money via credit card WITHOUT authorization, and yes, BEFORE the expiration date. I now have a debt and no product. I will not be using Godaddy again and I do not recommend it if ethical business is your thing.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I have been trying to reach someone at GoDaddy support for help with my domain name service - specifically that the domain does not connect to the actual site. I sat on the phone waiting to speak with someone for over 20 minutes and finally hung up. The Chat feature sent me canned responses and no real person ever got on the chat. As a new customer, I can see that I may have made the wrong choice in Domain Name Service. What good is Support if there is none?!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Added private domain registration to my domain for a pretty hefty price, but, within two days of claiming the domain, I was getting spam on my personal!! email address, which is only linked to my domain on Godaddy itself. The spam itself was also quite bad, worded as if my domain would expire in its eligibility to ever be added to any search engines, which of course is a straight up scam. To top if off, there is no way to lodge a complaint with godaddy and they set up SEO in such a way that if you try to look for ways to complain, all links will end up on help pages, where, of course, you cannot lodge a complaint...

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

This is the second time in a few weeks that my entire site has become non responsive when I have made no changes to the site (no uploads - no changes in the back end settings). There is no reason for a static web page to be non responsive unless Godaddy is making changes to my hosting services and then not verifying that the changes actually worked and did not impact the websites being hosted. I contract customer support and they take are very slow. I have to spend hours online with them just to get them to fix a problem they created for me. I am very dissatisfied.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I have no idea how these guys are still in business. They are completely inept. I understand that there are technical difficulties that come up but the people that work there will just transfer you around until you give up. We had hosting with them and it was constantly down. No one could help. Response times were abysmal. We have been waiting over 8 days for our account to be upgraded (for which we were charged 3 times what it cost to develop our website) to a high level of hosting. The original hosting level was sold to us and they were confident that it had the resources we needed to run our website.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

If you have to contact customer service for this company is not up to par! Company provides invalid information. Website design, OK. If you have to contact customer service be ready for the runaround.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I just renewed my website for two years, and two weeks after that, found out that it wasn't needed. I canceled the website, but GoDaddy refuses to refund any payment. "It's not their policy." To be fair, they erroneously renewed another website, but did reverse the charges right away.

Godaddy.com Company Information