Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com

3.6/5 (567 ratings)

About Godaddy.com

GoDaddy is a web host and domain provider that offers multiple website plans and features. One of the largest domain-hosting companies, GoDaddy also provides multiple add-on services and 24/7 customer support.

Pros

• One of the largest domain hosts
  • Plans for Linux and Windows
  • 24/7 phone support

Cons

• Extra cost for backup
  • Limited live chat help

Bottom Line

GoDaddy is a web host and domain registrar. It offers affordable introductory rates and some free features in the first year. Many of its features come with extra costs that can add up quickly.

Godaddy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Godaddy.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Go Daddy adds products to accounts without the owner requesting them or using them. When called about the added products, they refused to issue a refund. The amount was $180 so not insignificant. Extremely unethical billing practices and company.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

This seems to be quite a dysfunctional group to work with based on my experience. They claim they can get a website designed in 4-6 weeks. They kept bungling my appointments so that it took five attempts to make an appointment to review the website. The first two appointments were canceled by them at the last minute with no explanation. Every time my appointment was canceled I had to wait 2-3 weeks to be able to get back on the schedule. The third appointment was accidently scheduled at Eastern time instead of my local time zone.

Finally when I saw the first draft of the website I was so underwhelmed. I didn't even know where to start. It had very little information on it and looked like it was designed by an amateur. When I asked to talk to a supervisor, I was given the run-around, and was never contacted by a supervisor. The other thing which I was not comfortable with is that you never are assigned to just one person. Whoever answers the phone when you call in is the person who is going to work with you that day. This does not provide for consistency or accountability. Between all the appointment blunders, miscommunications and a milk toast product, I felt I had to call a loss and start over from scratch with a different company.

Finally after writing an online review (They do not allow you to write google reviews) I finally started getting phone calls from their customer service, and at the end they gave me a partial refund. Of course no one pays me for all of my wasted time going around in circles with them. Based on these experiences I would put these problems all at the feet of the person who is managing this department, and question their ability to lead and provide a good service. Here I am now three months later starting over. Is this the website design experience you would like to have?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I'm done with Godaddy. I moved half my properties away in late 2019 and left half of them there. Now they disabled my business professional email--a couple weeks ago! I have that email forwarded to my main email account and wondered why I wasn't getting my formal US govt filing alert emails. When I went into my account it said the account wasn't set up despite being set up since 2019. When I called them they said the server settings weren't right. When I asked how they were right for 13 months and then stopped (I paid for 2 years) she said there was no way GoDaddy could have changed them. Be assured that I didn't -- nor do I have any idea how that is done. In fact, because it's not linked to a hosting account, I'm not even sure it's even possible. She fixed it. Then she said she would look into it because I demanded a reason for the failure.

If I can't trust them on my professional email accounts, then I can't trust them anymore at all. I was holding awhile waiting for her to come back and then realized she hung up. Two years ago they lost my whole newly designed website due to what they called an internal "server glitch." And could not recover it. That was an expensive loss. I guess I was too generous giving them another year to recover. Now I'll move the rest of my products to Hostgator which has been operating fine to date. It's a shame because I've been with GoDaddy since they started. At one time they really did have award winning customer service, but that's been steadily deteriorating since they went public. Now there's nothing left of it.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

GoDaddy is a terrible hosting provider, it has a very deceiving business model and all in all a terrible host. Here are the three main reasons why we switched away from GoDaddy. Little disclaimer, our opinion is based on the eCommerce plan for Wordpress hosting.

1 - Absolutely horrific uptime: We started with GoDaddy in September, since then we have had 126 down events, 126!!!! Adding all of our downtime together that means our website has been down for 10h 28m 26s!! 10 HOURS in a little bit more than 3 months! That is so far from the 99.99% uptime promise that they give. Last week we got 81 down events. Now when you sign up for a Godaddy subscription you get some peace of mind knowing you get a 99.99% uptime guarantee. What they don't tell you is that that guarantee is a 5% discount on your next renewal if THEY decide they've not delivered on their promise. We switched to a different host for almost 1 month now and we've still been having down events while no one has been visiting the website. Now keep in mind our website is in development mode, which means it is not being indexed by search engines and only accessed by a maximum of 20 people within the company. So without even being visible to the public it is crashing constantly! So just imagine what it would be like it we went live with it.

2 - Very Limited Unlimited Resources: When all those down events started happening I started doing some digging around and discovered that most of those errors were Internal 500 Server Errors, which means our server is running out of resources and crashing. So much for unlimited resources. So if an online store with only 2000 products with a maximum of 20 visitors is crashing constantly, how could you possibly imagine going to market with a host like this. So the claim that you will receive all of the resources your website is clearly false. And that was impacting our performance as well. Our website was taking between 7-9s to load the home page and that was completely because of our host, the reason why I know that is because when we switched to a different host and simply did a migration our website went from taking 8s to load to 1.4s without any optimization on our part, just a carbon copy.

3 - Useless Tech Support: I contacted tech support dozens of times and never got a single answer from them. It took me 25min to even get in contact with them and they never managed to give me a single answer as to why our website was crashing so often. They would tell me that they can't see what the problem could be unless the problem is happening when you call them, which if you know anything about servers and the concept of monitoring tools and logs is clearly **.

Conclusion: All in all GoDaddy is a deceiving and subpar host that fails to deliver on every single promise they make you. Their pricing might be appealing but you really do get what you pay for which is ... not much. If you want a reliable host and create a good experience for your visitors stay away from GoDaddy (unless you need domain names and only that, they are really good for that).

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Customer service gives contradictory information. GoDaddy blocked me from sending emails to my clients. I followed all their instructions to unblock my account. When I replied to their response, their response was for me to retype my responses in the fillable boxes (of which there are none). They make it so difficult to unblock my account. This is a known issue and it is unfortunate I didn't Google it until today. This level of service is highly unacceptable. I have a business to run and will transfer my email hosting and domain elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I just discovered they charged me for Email Marketing sometime ago: $208. Never used it & it was during a period I was traveling. Didn't check my credit card charges. They refuse to refund the charge. So I am taking all my hosting, etc. to another company, which is 1/2 as expensive anyway. Do your research (like "reviews hosting 2020") before going with this unethical, and stupid, company. Ethical companies get loyalty and long term profits...

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

My email was migrated to Microsoft 365 on 11/17/20. I realized on 12/3/20 that I was not receiving any email and reported this to customer support. Supposedly they escalated this to the advanced tech support. 21 days later it is not resolved. Poor customer service!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

This company knowingly let a consumer through Dan.co in England take possession of my domain name -- which is my legal name. They have been trying to sell it since I was about to renew it. I have never filed a complaint before but these people are criminals. I am using .co rather than .com but they should have legal action taken against them. I do philanthropy and tutor children in need and this is not worth pursuing but the principle is. Many people could be duped.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I've moved my hosting plan to another company after working with tech support. The website only worked during off-peak hours e.g. Sunday mornings etc. I had maximum plan and following is how good it sounds from GoDaddy website - "Maximum: Intended for complex sites with high-resolution photo and video. Comes with unlimited websites and storage, increased processing power and unlimited databases." Just by looking at it, I signed up for 3 years.

Two months into the launch our website ChickieTrips.com started experiencing "MySQL server has gone away" error message and will crash. Tech support said, "Because it's Covid lot of people are at home and searching for outdoor activities. That is why you are experiencing this error." Well, they did not mention that on their website on product/plan label. I asked for refund because I paid another hosting plan from highly rated website on ConsumerAffairs website. I was told that refunds are only within 30 days. Every time I reported the problem and asked for case number, I was told they do not provide case number but it is recorded under my account number.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

This company has gone downhill so bad! I had to call 4 times to try to get my website issues resolved! The last call I was talking to a lady for 3 hours and at the end of it all, nothing was fixed! When I called Blue Host, completely different experience and they answer calls right away, not have to hold for 45 mins. I will be transferring my host to them since GoDaddy is HORRIBLE!!

Godaddy.com Company Information