2.81/5

743 Godaddy.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

After 10 years and thousands of dollars spent on GoDaddy products, I recently canceled my web builder tool because I no longer needed it not knowing that my primary e-mail account was part and parcel of it and duly canceled also. When I couldn't access that account containing all my saved correspondence and contacts, I called the "customer service" department only to have a rep and supervisor tell me that, without any notice, I lost it when I canceled the tool but could get it back for a $130 restoration fee.

I told both that I felt they were holding my personal e-mails for ransom and pleaded for access to them for just five minutes so I could transfer everything, but despite my background as a loyal customer and still having several active products they were adamant that I pay up or never see them again. As a matter of principle I chose the latter and lost 10 years of my saved e-mails. It's a hard loss to absorb but I'd feel exploited and victimized if I succumbed to GoDaddy's extortion so it was the way to go.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I had numerous websites on GoDaddy and after they destroyed a non-profit journalist website that celebrated and reported news on minorities like indigenous people, GLBTQ and other minorities, I began to leave. As I fought with the company to get them to see what they did wrong, they destroyed the website after 20 days overdue!! I was out of the country and didn't get the email fast enough, and they destroyed it. Then they wanted to charge me $500 to restore it, and even though the non-profit didn't have it we were going to charge it and try to raise it later. So, out of the country, I make the bill up to date, the card was blocked for a security issue. Then I okay a $500 charge to restore the site... But they don't do it. So I finish my stay out of the country, return home, and the site is still not restored.

I called and called and got moved around and eventually, after a lot of drama I emailed the CEO of Godaddy. He apologized and made the excuse that my account was '20 days past due' and that's why it was canceled, really GoDaddy, destroyed even!! THEN I had another non-profit got a free hosting package 'grant' they call it, but the next year they want me to pay over 100 for hosting services. I refused and have moved all of my accounts from GoDaddy, never again will I spend another dime at GoDaddy. You should know that the site they took down and pretended it was normal to do that after only a 20 day past due balance, was LGBTQ writers, indigenous news like Standing Rock, autistic progressive folks and other progressive spirituality news.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

After spending lots of money on several websites and hosting and emails over the last couple of years they apparently misplaced my new credit card info even after spending a couple of hours on the phone with them to sort out the various items that were renewing and the one I wanted removed. When I didn't reply to their email about a billing issue, they removed my website and now want to charge me $85 to put the content back or charge me to let me build it all over again.

I'm moving all my websites and domains to Wix which has a much better and more robust website builder for half the price and comparable hosting fees.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Hello Sir, I am using GoDaddy services from past 7 years now, but from 2017 My Account in GoDaddy Which has a Linux based hosting plan is being regularly hacked. I had consulted the GoDaddy team about 250+ times but there is no proper response and my issue is not being solved. Today on 17/02/2019 all my valuable website files of my customers are being deleted from my account and I have being left with zero files.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I purchased VPN server with cPanel and then my server side IT team set everything in 2 months and everything was right. But then on 12th Feb 2019 they removed our cPanel and started blackmailing us by offering server side support services. This can be checked in their call record. I am losing business + IT manhours. Never go with them. Support is poor. No way of reaching technical team.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I have had ongoing issues with GoDaddy for over two months now. I purchased an existing business and tried to transfer all of the domain names, email addresses, and hosting etc which seems to be the most difficult process in the world. There are of course certain challenges when transferring these services however, when issues occur I would expect a satisfactory level of customer service and not rude, incapable broken-English speakers who talk over me and refuse to pass me to any kind of supervisory employee. Furthermore, I would expect such a large company to have some sort of complaints process. I won't go on to sub-standard products like their 'website builder'… What a joke. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have purchased numerous domain names over the years, through other companies, and have never had such a problem. I purchased a domain name through Godaddy just a couple of days ago, now my inbox is suddenly full of spam, trying to sell me webdesign services etc. After you launch a site, it is not unusual to start receiving these spam emails, but with the one I purchased from Godaddy I did not even have nameservers attached before the spam started flooding into my inbox. Godaddy tries to claim they are getting the information through ICANN but, if that were true, then the same would happen with all the other names I have purchased and registered over the years. Shame on you Godaddy!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Backend coder doing O365 support for wife's company. Chose GoDaddy assuming better support. 2 years in not true. GoDaddy has screwed up adding accounts multiple times. GD routinely gives wrong answers to issues. Support is not very knowledgeable and may get irritable if you disagree. You are training them. They NEVER let you talk to 2nd line support. You have to sit there while 1st line put you on hold and talk to them. 2nd line support often been wrong too. Standard answer, will be fixed in couple days. Same as old MS reboot refrain.

No way to file ticket or continue with problem. Every call from scratch. Their encryption product, ProofPoint, has issues. We are in the process of dropping it. Doesn't work, can prove it, still no rebate from GD. Now we are dealing w/ issues of not all admin pages reachable. My advice is if you can use PowerShell go with MS, buy "Office 365 for IT Professionals" and dig in. GD will not be able to help you much, if any. They are there for non-sysadmins.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I had purchased domain on godaddy.com. After my developers work for 2 months; finally I shared details with them to upload hosting on cPanel. The account was registered to my personal email ID & mobile number. But to blackmail me with more money; the developers hacked my domain by replacing original email ID & mobile with their personal ones. Now where is the security here? As per change process especially for domain sellers like GoDaddy they should first send the OTP on existing email or mobile to confirm if the change is genuine. It means anyone with whom you share the details they have rights to update the mobile & email ID and you will only come to know after 11 hours if some settings were done on your GoDaddy account.

I lost my money, my time and most important my domain. And when I called up them and shared all the details even PIN they asking me to log in to current registered email ID & mobile and share OTP as if I know the password of developers who hacked it. I shared information like customer #, last changed password even payment info but they were like silent. Can't do anything. Please don't buy domain through them if such is the security concern.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

An overzealous and very dishonest GoDaddy representative called up and scammed me into paying $350 that he stated I had to pay to upgrade my account to 360, not being a tech person, I stupidly believed him. I am strongly suspecting they are on commission. He also changed the security settings so I could not log in. The 360 system was a nightmare and my Outlook never worked after that. From what I hear from others it is a very unpopular program. I do not want the 360, in fact I NEVER wanted it, never requested it, and need it to go away. It is awful and has messed up my whole system, I have spent the last 6 weeks trying to sort this out and have been trying to get GoDaddy to correct the mess they made. They completely could care less.

I spend 76 minutes again on the phone today, over 2 hours yesterday and Friday was on the phone over 90 minutes with a lady trying to fix it then she dropped the call then sent an email saying she was on another call, very annoying. That is just in the last 3 days, let alone the hours and hours over the last few weeks. All I want them to do is to put my account back to how it was before they screwed around with it. I need them to correct the mistake that GoDaddy made... Is that so unreasonable?

GoDaddy just want to send me an email and have me get my outlook back myself and absolutely refuse to help and walk me through it. I am not a techy person and do not understand the document. I will now have to pay a tech guy to correct the damage that GoDaddy did and they have not even apologized. They just keep telling me I need to use the webmail. I DO NOT WANT to use the webmail, I want to use my Outlook system that I had before they messed with it, the system that I have all my other accounts connected too.

GoDaddy has robbed me of hours and hours of my time and will not correct the mess they made. It has taken weeks and weeks and hours and hours so far, they have cost me a fortune in my lack of productivity due to this. I spoke to a supposed supervisor today David **, who simply refused to help and if his attitude is anything to go by, GoDaddy simply does not care. They simply do not care. BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Called Godaddy to try and find out why my site was so slow now. It has steadily been getting slower over the years. On hold almost an hour in total transferred 4 times to supposedly more experienced reps. As I have read on the web they tried to blame my site, every page in my site rates 100% on google analytical. I did confirm because I have been with them a while my site is on the old servers. Also confirmed they have throttled back their server speeds. I have added captcha V3 to my site and the server times out trying to reach google validation site. Such poor service and they offer no apology nor do they accept any responsibility. This is the last hosting site any one should try. Buyer beware. Avoid at all costs.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have a Deluxe plan for Windows hosting from Godaddy, I have deployed my ASP.net projects on the server, as well as windows support PHP so I have deployed PHP project on the server. It gives me the error, and it is due to the intl extension is not supported in windows hosting. The same project I have uploaded on different server and it works fine, The Godaddy support team said that this extension is not supported in Windows hosting, even they are not sure that if it is supported in Linux hosting or not.

I have asked for the supported PHP extension and not supported extension for different plans, But they don't have any list or any link where you can check that is it supported or not. So if you are going to purchase a Godaddy hosting, you are taking a risk that your project will work or not because they do not allow to trail the host for few days. I am moving to Site Ground. So, Please don't trust Godaddy.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I bought DNS hosting through GoDaddy a few days ago. Big mistake. The intention was just to have them point their DNS servers at a Heroku app. GoDaddy cannot provide this service. Their DNS is not compatible with the way Heroku needs to work. Okay, no big deal. I reached out to customer service to ask for a refund. That request was declined. Really? GoDaddy is a multimillion dollar company but they need MY $45 so bad that they are just going to keep it even though I asked them on the first day I possibly could to refund it because THEY can't provide a simple DNS service? Give me a break. What a bunch of crooks. I had to sit on hold for 45 minutes to be told this, as well. This is a company that seems to enjoy inconveniencing and stealing from their customers.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Been with this company for over 10 years. Hosting goes up each time I renewal. Called & emailed to cancel all services in Nov 18. Followed their instructions & emails and then Godaddy claimed I had not - I did not follow their instructions. Of course now I'm out hundreds of dollars. This is the worst company I have dealt with. Steals money as autorenewal and don’t refund it. If there was a zero star Godaddy gets it!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

This company did not deliver on the SEO services that they charged me for. They do not return phone calls. I had to constantly call to ask when the services would be provided. When I canceled the service due to their lack of response, they charged me for the entire month, for the very little work that they did do. I demanded a refund, to which they declined. The SEO "supervisor", was unhelpful and unprofessional. There are so many other companies out there that provide the same service in a much more efficient and professional manner.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

This is the worst company I have dealt with. Steals money as autorenewal and don’t refund it. Even after requesting for refund before 1 year completion. Takes money without my consent. Wasted my time and energy. Poor escalation process.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I am actually writing this review because I just finished a review of my last domain hosting company (ARVIXE). I transferred my domain more than 2 years ago and they keep sending me renewal bills, trying to take it from my PayPal account. There is no one answering their phone and their CHAT is never up. I have not been able to stop it in 2 years. GoDaddy has been amazing. A human is always available -- very short wait times and their tech support goes out of their way to help. I know enough to set up a web page -- but I am not genius. They have helped me several times over the past 2 years.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I got a call from Godaddy to inform me that my company's business name had come available in ".com" (we are using .net). The guy said it would "only be 32.78." Come to find out the price he said was $3278!!! He did never said Three Thousand Two Hundred and Seventy eight dollars! He said "It's only Thirty Two Seventy Eight". From buying domain names for $20 I thought ok it is $32.78. Anyway, after giving me the run around for 3 days saying "it is under review by management" they declined to give me the money back.

I have it disputed with my credit card company! They told me they do not offer refunds on domain names? That was never stated in the call. I will shout this from every hilltop for the rest of my life, NEVER USE GODADDY FOR ANYTHING, EVER!!! This is the worst business practice I have ever seen, and I have seen some whoppers being a small business owner. I am also filing a report with law enforcement. I am blown away. Wow!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

After receiving an email "you have products expiring" and logging into Godaddy to renew my products, which I did, I received another email the next month, same message "you have products expiring" and log in to renew. Only to realize I was scammed to renew the same products I just renewed the month prior. Called Godaddy requesting a refund for the second renewal purchase to be told, "Sorry, once you pay for your product there is no option to refund."

WOW is all I can say!!! Your website sucks and is very misleading to bring up the same products for renewal... What the hell happened to the products that were expiring? Oh, that was my web hosting... Now they want an additional $150 to restore my webpage. In addition, one year cost for Linux Deluxe Hosting ($120) is a rip off price for same domain hosting available for 3 years at a competitor (cost $90 for 3 year)! Doing the right thing for the customer...not so much. Godaddy is concerned about taking your money!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

What a scam company. I had transferred my website to GoDaddy. While browsing the hosting plans I chose to renew monthly rather than annually. But after a month, the price has doubled! There was no disclaimer on the website that the price was going to get higher after the first month! Once they get you on the hook, they will keep asking for more. GoDaddy is the internet mafia!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I have purchased a hosting service from Godaddy for a domain name that I have bought from another registrar. Following a change in my mobile phone the authenticator app for my two step authentication has not backed up, neither the password for my Godaddy account. It has been months and hours spent on the phone with the customer support, after providing full details (including sensitive personal data) that I am the owner of the account (invoice payments, access to my email registered for Godaddy, ID etc). At this date, Godaddy have never managed to find a solution. Consequently, I am unable to use the hosting service for which I paid and connect to my Godaddy account. It is so frustrating that for such a trivial issue and so many hours on the phone and emails, Godaddy is unable to find a solution... They referred me to an expensive paid dispute service in the UAE! Seriously, this is scandalous!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I purchased a plan on Gocentral base on the consulting that I have received from Godaddy technician and started to make our website and do marketing for our company. After almost four months and not receiving any feedback, we started to get suspicious of our method and why we are not receiving any subscriber. We have done some test and realized that Gocentral website has a technical issue and could not work properly. We reached them back and by the way after 8 days of reporting this issue still it was broken and for compensation, they offered 3 more months of service with Central which we did not want to use anymore and when we asked about the same equivalent of value of their offer on another product they started to reject it and offer something less. I am sorry for the short-sighted people who are working in this company and causing this company to lose its customer.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Please, never sign up for Godaddy hosting plans. I am going to talk about Managed Hosting here. I have a client website since the past year on Godaddy. There have been so many issues with Godaddy that I am now leaving the money invested with them and moving forward to a different host. Loss of two year’s money is much better than having trouble every other day to me. Cons of Godaddy Managed WordPress: 1. Extremely Slow Performance. 2. Dumbest Customer Support. 3. You face a problem every other day. 4. The site will go down even if there are 5-6 visitors at a time. 5. Very Low PHP limits. 6. Very Low RAM. 7. Old and slow servers. 8. OVERSOLD (10-15 times the capacity). 9. Only Godaddy SSL allowed. 10. Support chat and phone are of very little to no help.

Support: This is the worst thing about Godaddy after their hosting. They do not understand simple things and will keep asking you silly questions again and again. They do not know what Cloudflare is. They will keep contradicting their own statements multiple times in a chat. I do not understand what Godaddy saw while hiring these executives. They are so dumb, they should not even work in the hosting industry. Hosting: This is the worst part of Godaddy. Managed WordPress should be fast and scalable. This is what is missing from them. The hosting is slow, doesn't support more than 6-7 users at a time. The website slows down or starts showing capacity problems immediately. Also, if you have a WooCommerce Store stay miles away from them. Even with 20-25 products, the store takes more than 20-25 sec to load. ONE LAST THING, if you want to avoid all this headache, kindly stay away from anything from Godaddy.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I'm a website designer that used to refer all my clients to GoDaddy for their domain registration, as well as WordPress hosting. Their prices are somewhat competitive and they used to really care for their customers should issues arise. That said, in the last month I've had issues with two separate client websites going down for no particular reason and when I contacted GoDaddy to aid in troubleshooting the issues, I was told that I had to purchase an additional "expert" package.

Well, the first time I was lied to about what I was purchasing and immediately demanded a refund, which I was told wasn't possible, I had to know to use the magic word of "cancel" before I was offered that possibility; further, I was told my refund would take 5-7 business days and I didn't see a dime of my money for 3 full weeks and had to request it twice, as the request wasn't processed in my initial communication (all in writing, BTW, only contact them through their chat platform and SAVE EVERYTHING!!!).

Just today, I had another issue where a client site wasn't loading, frontend or backend access, and instead of telling me to try to restore from backup, they wanted me to sign up for their "expert" package to try to sort the issue. NOPE. I restored from a backup stored on THEIR SYSTEM and the site was immediately returned to its accessible state. Never once did they mention this was a possibility! I am beyond furious and am recommending ALL of my clients to switch to another host that actually takes care of its customers.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

A person by the name of Hanzel helped me with my Domain Connection and this person was fabulous!! Knew exactly what to do it and did it fairly quickly. I am so thankful, grateful! I am all connected now with my new website. :) Thank you so much Hanzel! - YOU ROCK!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Godaddy emailed me a list of domains to be renewed. I checked one and paid for it via credit card. A short time later they charged me for the other domains which I did not want. They refused to acknowledge that they had sent an email about renewal and that I had only checked one and paid for only one. They charged me a hefty $442.40 for domains I clearly indicated I did not want. Pretty bad. I am disputing this with my credit card company.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Now Godaddy.com host fraudulent websites that sell ATM and post skimmers and after I send them a lot of email about those website, they didn't close them. I get the same message that they will investigate...but nothing, those websites are still live and sell ATM skimmers. ATM skimmers are devices that can copy any credit or debit card that will use that ATM or pos that was installed. From all those answers that I got them from Godaddy.com I understand that they agree with this kind of business and they agree to associate they image with this hacking illegal things. I attached some photos to see...

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

One more small company with good ideas & great service at a decent price gets big, bulky and greedy. I have used GoDaddy as registrar and hosting provider for a decade but that is over. Very Angry! I was "given" a free hosting with the purchase of a domain. I was not told when the free period expired. I contacted sales and purchased a third hosting server with the intention of combining the three. I constantly receive marketing emails and it seems that the renewal notice was overlooked. The free hosting account was deleted on Christmas Eve along with all my work. After calling GoDaddy, I was informed that a $150.00 charge was due. I went up the chain, hoping someone would listen. No! Was all I was told. I have decided to discontinue all business with GoDaddy.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I have a two server account in Godaddy. I have update a main file in both server but can work in server customer ID **. And easily update all images in our old server customer ID **. I want to solution. That website working on Dhiraj server and same website host in Himani server but can't work, both are VPS server. So suggest me how is it possible. Code are same on both website. Is there any responsible person who can resolve the problem and first understand the problem. **. They didn't solve a problem. Every time told that, "Problem in your end."

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

In July of 2018 I purchased (among other things -- spent nearly $1,000 in one pop) managed local listings. A GoDaddy team member was to contact me to get the information needed to place my business in local listings like Yelp and such. The reason I purchased this service was because I had absolutely NO time to do this myself. I assumed someone would contact me and went about managing my business -- which consumes most of my waking hours at this point. I won't lie, I didn't think about it again until I was going through credit card statements for taxes in September and realized I had purchased the service.

I called GoDaddy up... They'd have someone call me within three days. Well, three weeks went by and no one called. I called them up again and told them I wanted my money back, that if they didn't care enough to provide me the service I had paid for, I wanted a refund. They then trot out their "you only have 30 days to ask for a refund" and refused my request. I appealed it and again was denied. Yet in all this going back and forth, actually providing me the services I paid for was never offered. Not so much as an apology and let's try to make it right.

I am totally flabbergasted that a company of this size can literally steal money from their customers and nothing can be done. I disputed the charge with my credit card company but they have denied my dispute. So basically, I'm out $300 for a service I never got and GoDaddy sits fat, dumb, and happy. Buyer beware -- this company is dishonest as the day is long.

Godaddy.com Company Information