Godaddy.com
2.78/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Godaddy.com

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Godaddy.com Reviews

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

A day after I renewed my domain I got an email from my Credit Card Company saying "it looks like you were billed twice." So I clicked on "help me fix this" and forgot about it. Now instead of simply deleting the duplicate charge it turns out GoDaddy canceled my renewal entirely. When I called to get my domain back online they told me I owed them an additional $50 as "reimbursement" for a fee that my CC company allegedly charged them because of the dispute. My choices at that point were to lose the domain or to pay their fee. So I paid it and immediately called my CC company. Well my CC company told me that they NEVER charged GoDaddy that $50 and that's not something they would do for something so simple as a double billing. So now we're not just talking shady. We're talking borderline criminal wire fraud.

So my CC company's fraud department set up a 3-way call with me and GoDaddy. Even a major CC company had to wait 20 minutes for them to pick up the phone. Long story short, the supervisor at GoDaddy informed me and my CC company that EVEN IF THEIR AGENT HAD LIED about the reason for the $50 fee I was still liable to pay it. He called it an administrative fee to cover their costs of removing a simple double billing.

1. GoDaddy will lie to you.

2. GoDaddy will hold your domain hostage until you pay them invented inflated fees.

3. Avoid GoDaddy.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I was talked into buying ten years of service and told that I could stop and be reimbursed for any remaining years at any time. When I started my ten year plan they gave me a new domain name while concurrently running and charging me for the old one which they were supposed to delete and never did. When I discovered this a year later they told me I was supposed to rename and delete the old website (that I didn’t know existed) myself. They said that since it took me a year to notice the double billing that they would offer me credit on something that I didn’t need. I was forced into agreeing under the threat that I would receive no acknowledgement over the discrepancy at all. (my father had passed away just before the time of the double billing and I hadn’t been paying attention to my credit charges)

I feel they took advantage of my lack of computer savvy, lied to me about the ten year term and didn’t adequately inform me that they would be renaming and relocating my website. I felt forced into buying a product I didn’t need. I feel they should reimburse my credit card for the site I never knew existed (599.40) and release and reimburse me for the seven years I don’t need anymore as I have moved on to a more reliable and honest service.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

We did a domain with GoDaddy for a new small business and specifically said NO to auto renewal. Well..2 years later guess what?! AUTO RENEWED on our credit card. We call Godaddy and they said we didn't owe them any money and our domain was closed and to dispute it with the credit card. We disputed it with our CC but GoDaddy told our CC we were an active account and owed the money so our credit card won't credit our account without proof and that we needed documentation from GoDaddy that our account is closed. GoDaddy said "yes, you're closed and we owe you a refund of $56 but you disputed the charge with your CC so there is no refund due to you". Whaaat? They can just charge you $56, tell you your domain is cancelled and if you want to reactivate that is $50 charge but Hey, you don't get a refund either! I'd call this fraud. SCAM!

Just as previous reviews before this one GoDaddy charges you, gives you instructions on what you should do, then when you have NO domain, they tell you so sad for you! Wow!! How do they get away with this?? The manager we spoke with said "there wasn't anything they can do for us... we would not be getting a refund and we no longer had a domain". Unfortunately, my only proof is the multiple phone calls we had with the GoDaddy and our CC because are you ready... GoDaddy doesn't provide documentation for closed accounts!!!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Accidentally chose a "Lenux" web-hosting plan, then after I realized the mistake, immediately cancelled the order, which they ignored. Have asked for a refund, but no reply from GoDaddy. So, evidently, their guarantee is worthless. GoDaddy's customer support is horrible. They have no email support and their "chat' feature takes hours to finally get an agent. So, the only way to contact these people is by phone.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I cancelled a less than a month old domain. ZERO REFUND from of course someone, a rep via phone out of the country. There is no written statement anywhere. I also cancelled hosting service with a year left, ZERO REFUND. I also went to Gator.com for new sites and domains and it was cheaper, better web building service and they post refund policy. NEVER AGAIN GREEDY GODADDY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: July 17, 2019

Can't get into my domain. The first person said they could not resolve my problem and asked that I send some more data - never heard back. The second person had an email sent asking for a government ID, I sent it, however when talking to the next person they said it had been changed and asked for a form & ID. I did that. The next few times I tried even to reach them I went through the prompts, then got music and then the line went dead (they hung up). This continued for 3 more times. This last Tech Person (a lady) went through all the other stuff and said that if I fill out the form and attach my government ID, GoDaddy would get back to me the next day and resolve the issue. (Will wait and see.) Meanwhile my website and emails to my business domain do not work.

Total time to resolve this problem is now into 4 weeks. When I am paying for services I do not like being treated this way. Their management probably does not care about a small time business like mine but are working for their larger clients. I do web work and have over 21 customers using GoDaddy, I can probably take them and my own business elsewhere. This has been an iffy relationship for over 8 years. Time to move on.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Rates will be good for the first year, then it will rise up considerably. They know that you can't work without your domain or email so they will raise the price on you and they refuse to negotiate or apply any discount. All offers received via email is to pull your leg, then the rates will almost double.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I went online to renew my Domain name and made a mistake. It charged me $340 instead of $179. So, I called Go Daddy and the sales rep convinced me to sign up for two years and said I would get a $207 credit on my CC card. By the time he was done the 2-year renewal cost me $458. He said I would get a $207 credit back. Three days later I called again and told them I didn't get the $207 credit on my credit card. The rep told me they used the $207 credit for the new package. The charges on my credit card was $340 plus, $132. Plus $112 Plus the $207 credit. Total was $791. The sales rep will Lie to you... BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I keep finding that my two domain names are not appearing on the web. Instead of my website, I see a Godaddy.com advertisement. When I contacted customer support, I was told that I need to republish my site from time to time. This is crazy! Even if I have no changes, I am supposed to republish so my site is active! I will be moving my web hosting to another company. Stay away! Terrible support also.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I bought one domain name from them and had it for several years, but I always ONLY do manual renewals, I NEVER do automatic renewals. Well this year they took my credit card from last renewal in 2011 and charged it for this years renewal, after I let it lapsed. When I called to cancel and request my refund, they said it is their policy NOT to refund any accounts. So I disputed with Citi Cards and they are struggling with GoDaddy's cancellation department. I will start a legal suit, just to stop this company from ripping others off. It's terrible that we give them our business for several years, and then to be robbed and treated like this is just NOT the America way. They must be in a terrible financial position to rip off their own clients. DO NOT USE THEM, go to Network Solutions, they don't ripoff their clients.

Godaddy.com Company Information