1.06/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

645 Godaddy.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 22, 2018

I’ve been with Go Daddy for a 8 years now and their Customer Service and Business Practice have really gone downhill over the past few years. Their reps don't listen and rush you off of the phone. My last experience was the last straw. I paid for a SSL on 6/30/18. It wasn't installed. I spoke to customer service a week later and it was told that it was installed. 22 days later still no SSL. I called back on 7/22/18 and was told that there was an additional charge of $79. So WHY wasn't that disclosed in the first place? I canceled it because I intend to go elsewhere as soon as my products expire. Their customer service people do not care. All they try to do is get more $$ from you and do not disclose the facts.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I purchased a domain name from Godaddy, last year. I cancelled the domain name and then call to have to reactivate it two hours later. Customer rep said I have to pay a penalty even if the cancellation was for few hours. After I paid the penalty, I was assured that my service will be reactivated within 24 hours, but nothing happened. I called the next day and the customer rep did not have much to say more than I have to wait and my ticket is in the queue. Also, he called me "buddy," at this point I realized what I am dealing with and I should expect the worse to come.

Then I spoke to a customer service manager. Her name is Kristie, and as usual, she tried to smooth things out to no avail. She tried to reach tech support and everyone saying I don't have this ticket. She called advance tech team who checked on the ticket and assured her that my ticket is in the right people hands. I don’t know when this will be resolved if any but do yourself a favor and stay away from this company.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: July 16, 2018

I have not used their web services. I know I tried previously a while ago and found it very un-user friendly, but hey... I'm not a web designer. However, recently I built my first website with WIX and it was crazy easy! The reason for the review though is practices that I find shady. I had about 11 domain names with GoDaddy. Nowhere in their account links is there an option to find out what's the renewal price. They'll tell you when the domain is expiring but not the cost they'll be deducting.

On their community boards, they'll tell you it's the same price and time you originally signed up for when achieving the domain name. Well, who remembers that? Why not be transparent?! Even their account history is clouded. They only show receipt numbers. Meaning you have to click on the receipt number to see any detail. Your information regarding original purchase is buried. Total BS games IMO; I'm done. This gives me an easy feeling and therefore I am transferring all my domain names out of GoDaddy to Google.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Godaddy has Blocked me in Godaddy auctions and I am Pissed. Over the years I've spent 1000s plus @ Godaddy. Seems unfair that I was blocked by Godaddy without warning after I have spent thousands since 2007.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I have been using GoDaddy for a while and have had a couple of issues in the past. Sites going down and stopped working a couple of times. Hours on the phone to try and resolve downtime. In some cases almost a week without my sites & email working. I have also had a lot of issues regarding email that stopped working ** for days on end. So First, our company relies 100% on our website and email to function. We are an online based lead company and when our websites is out of order, so is our income. GoDaddy does not care about this, trust me. Your livelihood means nothing to this corporate giant.

For some reason without any changes to our websites, our resources recently kept spiking indicating we need to upgrade resources. Please keep in mind that we have had the same amount of traffic with the same websites for a couple of years. I decided to see what the upgrade was about and decided to click on "Upgrade to Business Hosting" link - There was no warning or terms and conditions stating that there might be possible downtime. I assumed extra resources will simply be assigned to my account. The next morning, I woke up and our company email was down. I checked and noticed two of our main money sites were also down.

I immediately phoned GoDaddy to ask what was going on. I was told that the migration had issues and it seems like only half of the content was migrated to the business hosting package. I explained to them that downtime kills our business and we literally cannot afford to be off for even one day. The agent said it will be up in 24 hours. I phoned again 24 hours later and was told another 24 hours. I phoned again another 24 hours later and was told another 24 hours. This means our websites have been off for almost 3 full days already with no feedback or progress report from GoDaddy. I also explained to them that I have to travel for business the next day and will be away for a week. Due to this nightmare I might have to cancel my trip costing our company a lot of much needed income.

In short, if you rely on your website for an income, steer clear from GoDaddy. They are quick to try and sell "value added" services and additional hosting resources but when things go wrong, they are nowhere to be found. This downtime so far has cost our company more income than we can afford and we don't even know when or if the issue will be resolved. At the end of the day, this Billion Dollar company steps on the people who helped them get to where they are.

I am extremely disappointed in GoDaddy and can't wait for my sites to come back up so I can move to a host that cares about the well being of their customers. Not seeing the importance of uptime makes me sick. All this because I clicked on upgrade resources. If I had any warning that this could happen I would never have paid for a bigger hosting package.

My sites are still down as I type this complaint and not only is the company losing income, but also the 25 staff members who work purely on commission. You are literally taking food from the tables of 25 undeserving families. You should be really proud of yourselves for not caring. You obviously don't know what it's like to live in a third world country where a single day's wages lost affects an entire family for weeks to come. Well done GoDaddy!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: June 26, 2018

Webhosting and Services: Horrible customer service. Charged for multiple services I did not approve them to do. They claimed it was set for auto renew when I know I had gone in and turned all that off. They caused a overdraft from an account that I was getting ready to close. Wouldn't apologize, 100% blamed me. Also it is worth noting that every time I used a credit card with them our card got hacked. BUYER BEWARE!!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I asked them to build a website. $2300 cost. After month and half, the product they were giving me was the worst site I had ever seen like a 5th grader wrote and built it. I asked for a refund, they only offered 30% refund. They said they can revise, but I don’t want to have anything to do with this design team that I have no confidence in making me a professional looking site. So, they charged me $70% or $1600 for nothing. I can't use that garbage and my money was completely wasted. I am taking all my services away from this company.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Godaddy.com could not send me the authorization code that would allow me to access my account. It took HOURS of my time to remove this authentication from my account so I could pay my bill. EVERYONE I spoke or e-mailed with wanted to tell me what they COULD NOT do for me. They said it was my cellphone carrier blocking the texts. I receive texts every day of this nature.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I was interested in acquiring a domain with hidden ownership information, but GoDaddy was the registrar for it, so I dropped the $69.99 on this fraudulent service. Heard from a guy after a few days. He emailed me and claimed the owner wants over $70,000 for this domain, that is not even an actual word, so not in my wildest dreams did I imagine anything like this. I told the GoDaddy broker no, the broker said ok, and I never heard from him again. That was it? That's where $70 went? Are you kidding me? What a scam. I would not recommend anyone to ever use this service. It is just a waste of your time and your money. Some will say that is what you pay for, what did you expect? And to them I would say that I expected more effort on GoDaddy's part.

I realize now that this is a service based on honesty, because there really is no way to know if there is another party or whether GoDaddy is acting as a broker for a domain that they themselves own and are holding? What would keep them from coming back and saying "the owner wants $**" and ** is the amount they are selling the domain for anyway? What keeps them from telling everyone the owner wants a million dollars and then wrapping up the case when you say that's too much? You really just have no way of knowing. Very disappointed in my experience with this. This is the first time I have ever used a service like this. Maybe next time I will try Afternic or SnapNames if they are not in cahoots with GoDaddy.

Original review: June 15, 2018

There are two ways to log in to your account with an ID & password or with Facebook. THEY ARE NOT CONNECTED So I unknown to me I had two accounts. Recently paid for a package but needed to redo my site for cell phones etc. Completed that and found out yesterday that it was on a month free package on FB and my site was gone. The Login with both takes you to two different accounts. To re up my site they wanted more money. I refused. Their mistake I should not have to pay. Person on chat said there was no way to fix it. Called today oh sure with a fee.

Resolution response: June 13, 2018

I just canceled my domain with them.

It's a good product they offer, just more than I was looking to spend for a basic one page website that I had no intention of making changes to.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Watch out for what Godaddy is doing these days. They offer a "trial" of the web builder software, but the catch they don't tell you about is that once you've built your website, you must pay for the web builder software EVERY month even if you don't want to make any changes to the website with the web builder software.

If you don't pay, they take down your website. If they had made it clear that this was what they were going to do I would have never used Godaddy in the first place.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I manage three businesses and all of them have GoDaddy. Two have had sites built through GoDaddy, and we are all regretting that decision like a shotgun wedding in Vegas. I am the person that handles all the issues, from the site build to the site not working (OFTEN). I have to call GoDaddy, and it literally ruins my day because I know I'll spend AT LEAST 45 minutes trying to get to the right department and another hour talking to people whom, if they feel like it, will help me, but it will take FOREVER (echoes forever). I've been hung up on, transferred all over the place, given inaccurate information... Seriously it is THE WORST customer service I've EVER... EVER EVER experienced.

In one case, it took 3 months to build a site they promised would be finished in 7-10 days. You get no 'one' person assigned to you. You have to call in and wait between 11 minutes and 33 minutes just to talk to someone who will likely be in the wrong department and then transfer you to another, effectively restarting your counter so you have to wait another 33-800 minutes of your life. OH, and PWS -- the site building side of GoDaddy, don't even bother. They are useless, rude, don't respond, block you if they feel like it. I had to post on LinkedIn about my experience just to get someone to call me, and here I am, 6 months later, in the SAME EXACT SPOT. The representatives are so rude. They don't respond. They don't deliver on time. I have to beg them to respond to me like I'm some stage 5 stalker asking for a date.

If I had to go to spend twice as much to go with another vendor, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I don't own the businesses I manage operations for. But I do influence them. I have a couple more sites they need built and I will go down fighting so they choose someone else. If we've lowered our standards of top-notch customer service to spending a Saturday evening in the ER from alcohol poisoning after finding out your partner cheated on you, then sure. They're top notch. But I prefer spending my Saturday's feet up, wine in hand by a peaceful fire.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Bamboozled is how I feel right now. I have been charged for renewing an email account that apparently is not auto-renewed. They are saying I physically went in and pushed a button to renew on May 7th. I did go on Godaddy to cancel my accounts with them on May 11th where I had a website and email account. I thought cancelling the website cancelled the email. So that means I would have had to go on their site twice in order to do this process. I was only on their site once on May 11th. How could I have pushed a button for the email on the 7th? They will not refund my money saying I am outside their 30 day policy (by 4 days!!!). Totally unhelpful and cold customer service. I have contacted my bank to dispute. Piss poor business policy. I will NEVER use them again for anything or refer them to anyone I know. So glad they have an extra $119 to throw away.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Godaddy.com built my website last June (Spiffy Gardens) which I was unable to get off the ground. I have been trying to cancel since April but since I do not have my 4 number passcode, they will not allow me to speak to a representative to cancel nor will they let me have access to change my passcode or speak to me. I need to get this account cancelled but have hit a brick wall. If you do not have the passcode but have the account number, they will still not let you speak to anyone.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I was billed a 5 year service plan for a domain I purchased for one year. I asked them to remove it with no success. I noticed the charge on my credit card. There was not such a charge when I purchased the domain. They told me to fight my cc card and then sent me a survey if I was happy with GoDaddy. Threat is what I call a fraudulent charge. Terrible customer service, terrible hours... Only open for disputes 9-5 Monday through Friday. I'm so upset a large company can take advantage of a consumer as large as GoDaddy with no remorse... Customer service just hung up. I would not recommend GoDaddy.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Extremely disappointed in the level of service I've received over the past week with GoDaddy. I was randomly charged more for a Wordpress deluxe plan I've had for the past year+. I didn't get informed of the increase which frustrated me. I did receive a receipt after they charged me which was quite interesting. Prior to that, I've been doing business with GoDaddy since 2010. I then canceled the service. No one informed me that all my content would be deleted at Wordpress. Since Wordpress is separate, all of my posts should still be saved there. Now, to restore my old content, it costs $150? ¡No Bueno! If I was notified of this increase in the first place, none of this would have ever happened. This company has normalized and made it apart of their policy to charge more without notifying the customer which I think is disgusting.

When is the last time a bill you've paid increased in price and they just charged your card without notifying you of it? On top of that, when I complained to a rookie "manager" by the name of Sergio, he has an "oh well" attitude. Some customer service. My issue isn't with the price increasing. My issue is not informing me and having the nerve to treat your loyal customers this way as well as not informing me that content I posted and worked hard on for the past 4 years will be deleted. I would think as a customer service rep, I would get notified of something as important as that if someone canceled service and decides to take another route. I must say it is refreshing to see I'm not the only one with this issue as I've seen nothing but one star reviews about this company.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I have a VPS account with Godaddy, it was working fine for a while, then last week the whole site went nuts with the https issue and some errors displaying on the site. I got locked out from Plesk throwing a blank page. Not able to RDP either. Called tech support, the first tech rep was good. He asked to recycle the pool and then try again after an hour. I did without any success. I called again and this time, I landed on the most arrogant and annoying rep of all times. He kept repeating the same song more than 8 times... "I am running the tests and everything looks good to me here"... I am a Godaddy reseller and just because of this incident I am now out of it. I'd rather go with the cloud hosting with any vendor except these guys. No more referrals to them for future clients... I am done.

Original review: May 26, 2018

We have checked. There is no any restore has been done. Kindly check the issues carefully. Please look into my issues carefully. I had purchased a Starter Host a single website plan with godaddy.com, I had host my website http://babaugranathdevelopers.in and make a MySQL database for same website and our website was working fine, one day I had call in Godaddy for new hosting plan and I had purchased a Ultimate hosting plan and host my all website in this hosting, our website was working fine, then one executive request for domain renewal perfectitservices.com. Then I had renewed my website perfectitservices.com, after that they explain reseller plan and suggest me, "Please purchase reseller plan." Then I had purchased it.

After that he is disconnect the call and I try to call more than 20 times but no any executive help me. After 24 hr again I had call then I explain my issues to one executive then they transfer my call to Mr. **, they suggest me, "Please move in Ultimate hosting plan again," in this process our database has been lost on both plan Starter Host and Ultimate hosting plan. Again I request in your team for this issues then someone suggest me kindly purchase a database restore plan and connect to Mr. **, According to him I had pay this plan for MySQL database backup restore, ** but still now we have not getting my database. Please check and resolve the issues. Otherwise kindly refund my all money for purchase between this month. Actually I had call many time but my issues has not resolved.

Original review: May 26, 2018

GD are a joke. I owned a domain for 3 years, paid them last month to renew it. Today I got a message they removed my domain from my account. What a joke. Nobody asked them to remove it and I paid $28.74USD for it only last month. My business and operation related to this domain, including sending and receiving emails. When I called them they said it could take up to 48 hours just to find out the problem. Unfortunately, I have more domains I bought from them, otherwise I would have spare myself from this ridiculous company. Can't understand how their market value is $12B... I can't recommending any other company, but GoDaddy won't be on my list.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I do not recommend anyone to Godaddy. First of all, they promised you cheap products but is a trap. You buy, during renewal, you pay more than double. Recently, I purchased a Godaddy hosting, I used a friend's card to pay. Two days later, my account was locked. I was asked to provide my friend's ID. I politely told them my friend refused and so they should cancel and refund the money because I had not used the product but they refused. SCAM!!! STAY AWAY!

Original review: May 24, 2018

My experience with GoDaddy started off great with the first 2 people I spoke with who were the initial representative & the first person to help develop my website. From there it was all downhill. After repeating myself 2-3 times (to 2-3 different people) over a span of 2-4 weeks & providing an actual visual (pictures) of what I wanted they could not get it right. My site was over 1 month late... & it is still not completed the way I asked. I also had intentions of using them for SEO services but that is not going to happen. I asked that a supervisor call me & it is over 3 weeks later yet I still have not received a call so I recently made a 2nd request. GoDaddy may be the largest domain company worldwide (as I was informed by 1 of their reps) but they still have a lot to learn about customer service... Perhaps they can take lessons from Amazon, Costco, Walmart, etc...

I wonder if & when a supervisor will ever call... At the end of it all I may have initially saved 10% (by hiring GoDaddy to build my site) versus a local Web developer but wasted 100% of my energy repeating myself to whichever web development team member was available at the time of my call & my website is still not as requested… So I really didn’t save but rather lost time & money. I may recommend them for domain names & simple stuff like that but I highly recommend NOT using GoDaddy for anything that requires service… web development, SEO services, etc…

Original review: May 18, 2018

I set up a domain precipizio.it and paid $19.99 for a supposed Trustee Service. On Godaddy.com it specifically says "Your Domain uses a trustee service. The trustee service information is what appears in the public WHOIS database". And yet when I checked several international whois databases, including Godaddy, the only thing that appeared was my personal information.

I don't want my personal information to appear, that is the reason I invested in this .it TLD and the trustee service in the first place. The gentleman I spoke with on the phone was courteous but he had a hard time understanding the situation himself let alone trying to explain it to me which is why I asked to speak to a supervisor. If you listen to the call, it's pretty clear that his supervisor did everything she could to avoid speaking with me to troubleshoot this.

It was one of those "broken record" situations where instead of looking further into it and making a REAL EFFORT to troubleshoot an obvious flaw in their system, they kept repeating themselves and showed no interest in fixing what I perceive to be a serious situation. If your website states that the TRUSTEE SERVICE INFO APPEARS ON THE WHOIS DATABASE and it doesn't, then you are falsely advertising and/or being deceptive. My next step is to create a complaint with the BBB, then to make some international phone calls, and then finally bring my attorney into it. I am NOT asking for a refund because I need this domain, but I am asking TO GET WHAT I PAID FOR and to actually see the result of YOUR WEBSITE SPECIFICALLY SAYS.

Original review: May 11, 2018

May 11 2108. I am very disappointed and extremely concerned that Godaddy is not taking appropriate actions. Yesterday I had made it very clear on the phone call with Uriah and an immediate email as per his direction to Justin ** the senior level, that this is a level one emergency that needs immediate attention. I’m very disappointed with Godaddy that I have not heard from anyone to resolve my ongoing situation. My business is shut down because of Godaddy, a decade’s worth of money energy and time invested to accumulate data had been deleted by Godaddy and there is nobody available to communicate with me to resolve the condition.

May 10 2018. This is regarding my Godaddy account **, I have been a client for 10years subscribing to multiple products and services offered by Godaddy. This email is regarding my server that I have been hosting with Godaddy for several years. Yesterday I got a call from the customer service Centre in India, regarding renewing my hosting. The product was added to the cart and I checked out and completed my purchases. A little later I got a call from Mohammed **, customer representative at Godaddy trying to convenience me that Godaddy’s server hardware “Legacy” was very old and therefore it crashed and because of that my server got deleted and as a result all the data and information on it has been deleted.

This morning I emailed Godaddy representative to call me and I was put on the phone to communicate with Priyanka ** a supervisor as introduced by her to me. I was on the phone for over an hour and she was of no help at all. She made up different stories and reasons about the situation. She made no effort to resolve the situation, I asked to speak with her senior and after putting me on hold for 10 min she said he was busy. I am basically out of business at this point.

I am in serious distress, I am getting no answered from Godaddy India, this is unacceptable Godaddy has put me out of business and is not making any efforts or taking responsibility for their act. Just yesterday they have charged me money for hosting. This is a level one emergency, my life is at a standstill, I’m out of business. My customers are in distress and Godaddy India is not taking responsibility neither are they being helpful, I humbly request you to please escalate this matter in the USA. I request you to handle this matter with utmost priority.

Original review: May 8, 2018

We have a technology background and have hosting for a non-tech business with Godaddy. We only use DNS redirection for our ecommerce sites so nothing really sits on their domain. But they on and off throttle our speed, and show spiked CPUs or memory to force us to upgrade. Even try to temporarily halt service. Every time you call them for something, they will tell you unrelated things (I guess a lot of tech users don't know clearly the technology) and make you sign up for stupid security and unnecessary things.

We had it with them and really wanted to get out soon. Sophisticated white collar con artists just trying to sell any useless stuff to anyone if they're naive. We are planning to host new sites and now not with Godaddy. Anytime you call them they're all busy and wait times are crazy. That tells you how many unnecessary problems they create for customers just trying to rip them off for services they don't need. Don't ever believe anything they try to upsell you. Do your research and see if it's really required. They create problems for you and fix it themselves, that's the con.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I used their hosting for a half year. Everything was fine. Then I upgraded to the business plan for three months, then I found out I don't need a business hosting plan. So I called them to downgrading my hosting plan. But they misinterpret my attention and deleted my hosting account, along with my website. Then I called them. They recovered my website for a fee around $99, said the normal fee is $150, etc.

Then nightmare begins - first the recovered C-Panel missed Wordpress builder, then my positive SSL was gone, I have to buy a new one and finally installed again... then the uploading imagines not working at all... then the email, I tried sent out three emails from my web email account, only received one, the autoresponder not working at all. When you call for support, they are nice most time, but most time they will try to sell some of their products to you, or else your website will miss something. Maybe my problems are total because of the recovering process. Anyway, still can't upload images. What should I do? Paid almost $200 for one year hosting plan and recovering fee, leave them right now? Building a brand new website with another hosting will cost extra money.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I needed a way to send larger attachments in my emails, so I contacted GoDaddy to see what they could do. They rep immediately told me that he could sell me an online storage plan that makes it easy to attach large photo, video or other files to my email. WOW, did that turn out to be a giant lie! After I wasted over an hour setting it all up and trying to figure out how it all works, most of the links for attaching files to emails were dead! Nothing worked. I could bring the files into the online storage easy enough, but just try to send them out as an attachment to an email, Impossible!!

I called the tech support and all they told me was that email attachment feature is designed to work more for their other products and could not explain why the links were dead. What a joke and a complete waste of time. Looks like I need a REAL email service that can handle more than the tiny 12MB attachments that are very common. This is just the last of a list of ongoing issues with these people! DO NOT RECOMMEND GODADDY!

Original review: April 26, 2018

GoDaddy can no longer support forwarding URL's. I have worked with them for more than 15 years and since they upgraded their site, they the forwarding URL's add garbage when they transfer. ie pagehoseintl.com the URL adds these crazy letters to the end of the URL, http://www.pageintl.com//XkjSU/ which makes it return a 404 error code. I have 35 forwarding URLs. Now 35 broken URL's. They say they can't fix it so I was forced to move them to another company. Now, if I total up all the unused fees I paid (since some of the URL's are renewed for several years) it is $245. It's not in their policy to refund it, even though they can't deliver what I purchased. They are not telling customers their system is broke, they just let you find out on your own and continue to pay for something they can't deliver. This is the only time I have ever had a problem with GoDaddy and I'm so thankful, I didn't lose more money.

Original review: April 26, 2018

My SSL accidentally got canceled yesterday. I found out this in few minutes I got your mail saying that "If this was a mistake or you need help with anything else, call our support team" to recover your SSL. I called their tech support. After an hour of conversation I got the reply that, "You need to pay 4500rs." To recover your SSL. Means seriously you are charging 4500rs and asking me to buy new SSL? For just a silly mistake? Horrible company.

I have Ultimate Hosting, nothing ultimate about it and have paid and bought more and more resources and they still crash my site! So I am asking for my unused balance refund but they denied for that also. I mostly get calls and emails from Godaddy almost in every 15 days for, domain, SSL, hosting plans and upgrades but on this issue they never contacted me to resolve this issue. I just got frustrated with their services. They just want your money nothing else. They are like Del Boy and Rodney of the hosting world thieves!! Don’t test them. Go elsewhere. They don’t even give refunds. Utter disgrace and daylight robbery. Don't go with Godaddy. GO WITH ANYONE BUT!!

Original review: April 25, 2018

I am writing this review as a warning for Godaddy clients to be vigilant with unsolicited upsell phone calls or disengage from the upsell and do your homework or at least uncheck some or all auto renews on your account. I am authorized and always called in to act on behalf of one particular client when it comes to anything related to web design issues. On this occasion I was contacted by phone to discuss a particular offer with my client when he received an upsell phone call from Godaddy. Part of the call was three-way and the final details were left with me and Joe from the Godaddy sales department in Canada.

Feb 10/18: Business Plus Website Builder (Version 6) software auto-renewed for one year at a cost of 275.88. Feb 14/18: Joe telephoned my client for an upsell to the newer Go Central Business Plus software and wanted a 5-year commitment. In my discussion with Joe, I had major concerns about the photo gallery options and my dislike for the software that was the previous upgrade from the one I was using.

Joe promised I could try it out for 60 days and if I didn't like it I could revert back to the other. I made it very clear that I found their previous software upgrade was crappy because I had to use it for another client and there were many problems with it. He guaranteed the newest software was more like what I was using and the photo gallery options were good and available. In the end we agreed to a 2-year term with the promise of 60 days to try it out. (Cost 287.76 minus partial credit for the recent auto-renewal payment in the amount of -229.81).

The other reason I agreed being that Godaddy had been threatening for the past couple of years that the version I was using will eventually become obsolete and no one knew when, but they were willing to do the changeover for a fee. Also, the popups I get every single time I work on the site, even switching back and forth into the photo gallery is very annoying and there is no way to stop it.

I spent the next month and a half focused on creating a website that will last for my client, starting with Godaddy's new software, as I had to try and coordinate it between sales, so I would have zero downtime. Right away there were issues with it and I tried to find workarounds, but they were very important components that were unworkable: no built-in image editor, no resizing images, limited to none placement adjustment and that was just to start with, so I never finished and never took the site live with that software.

Next, I decided to shop around and talked to a local web hosting company who helped me set up an account for my client where I created a sub-domain to use as a mockup and totally rebuilt the site from scratch using Wordpress and then transferred the DNS. Around the beginning of April, 2018: Once I had everything working smoothly, I phoned Godaddy to have my client's account credited for the new charges and a guy named Joseph I talked to refused on the grounds of 'a 1-month refund policy' that can never and not ever be changed. Needless to say I was livid and reminded him of the 60-day arrangement I had with Joe when he sold it to me and there was no mention of any refund policy, otherwise I would have acted faster.

Joseph said the details would be in the recording of the sales call and he could get someone to review it and get back to me. I said I should be able to get the transcript on request, just like you can with Chat support transcripts, but he said they only produce telephone transcripts if there is a court case. He then took my email address and phone number and said it would take a couple of days for someone to get back to me. I told him very sternly that I do not like to be cheated and the world will hear about this if they not put the account back to where it was before the unsolicited upsell. That was 3 weeks ago.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Godaddy called and said that I needed an SSL on my website so I added it and then they told me that it would be up and running in 24 hours. So 3 months later I find out they never added it and I had to get a web developer to add it to my website but they charged me for it. I called and they wouldn't cancel the SSL or refund me any money.

Godaddy.com Company Information