Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com

3.5/5 (547 ratings)

About Godaddy.com

GoDaddy is a web host and domain provider that offers multiple website plans and features. One of the largest domain-hosting companies, GoDaddy also provides multiple add-on services and 24/7 customer support.

Pros

• One of the largest domain hosts
  • Plans for Linux and Windows
  • 24/7 phone support

Cons

• Extra cost for backup
  • Limited live chat help

Bottom Line

GoDaddy is a web host and domain registrar. It offers affordable introductory rates and some free features in the first year. Many of its features come with extra costs that can add up quickly.

Godaddy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Godaddy.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy?

Original review: April 12, 2022

I had receive the services of GoDaddy for years, until I realize that your company charge hiding charges after several years and multiples charges. I called to request an explanation. GoDaddy said that they are entitle to charge whatever they want based on your account under autorenewal. I do not agree to be charge for that and they don’t want to refund for the services that never requested, but also for the services that paid in advance they do not agree to pro rated. That being said this is a company that take advantage of people, nor worthy to do business with. I highly recommend to look other places that I do ensure they would not steal from you!

Original review: April 3, 2022

My domain expired on 13-3-2022 (18 days ago). I didn't receive a single email in this regard to renew it or anything and now when I found out, I contacted them and they confirmed that they're holding the domain for 30 days but I will have to pay $80 + $19.99 to renew it. After many requests they offered that they'll waive fees if I renew domain for multiple years with them. This is straight forward extortion. Isn't it? Porkbun, Namecheap and all other registrars out there have 30 days grace period. I requested them so much that I can't afford to pay $80 for renewal but they didn't budge. It's so so bad. NEVER EVER buy your business domain with them, They have the 4th highest Renewal cost ($20) while Epik, Porkbun and all other have ($8).

Original review: March 22, 2022

I started out trying to find a reputable website design company, and decided to go with "Go Daddy." They said they would have my website up and running in a few weeks. Over 4 weeks and I was pushed back another 20 days just for a review. Then it would take days to get a return call, or anyone to help with the design of my website. I paid 2300 dollars up front to have a "turn key" website. After several weeks of being frustrated with the initial design, and moved from one designer to another, and my calendar not being correct for clients to choose services. I decided to cancel my request since it wasn't even 80% close to being completed. At first the person that talked to me said they could only refund me 950!! I debated with him for a while and he finally agreed to give me back 1250 of my 2300!!!! And they did nothing for me but cause me stress and anger. I have prayed and tried to be a Christian in this endeavor. But this company did me very wrong!!!!

Original review: March 12, 2022

The sales person certainly played me for the fool when I agreed to pay a premium (2.5 grand; normally 4 grand) to have my website constructed by GoDaddy. I was assured that I would have access to a team of experts in the fields of marketing, content development, search engine optimization, and security. I will say this, they sure do have their elevator speech well prepared. The delivery, however, was very disappointing. My supposed "custom" site, looks suspiciously like many templates I have seen across the web.

The content creators that I neither saw nor heard from seemed to have trouble constructing the simplest syntax. I had to correct them repeatedly (through a human intermediate) and ended up just writing the majority of it myself over the course of several hours. When I view my site on the godaddy builder, I see all these warnings about how my site is not optimized for incoming traffic. I can't speak to the security, as this is something I know little about. However, considering the quality of their other expert services, I can hazard a guess that my website is about as secure as a wet paper bag. As far as marketing, I see absolutely no marketing touch across my build. I am beyond disappointed. I will never use their services again.

Original review: March 12, 2022

This is a self-service kind of company. Don't expect the staff here to help with anything. Seems like they just hired a bunch of high school kids to man the phones and chat lines. I waited over 30 minutes to get a "I don't know, I can't really help" kind of response.

Original review: March 11, 2022

As a small business with many items to sell, I had around 4000 pictures of products and then one day it broke. Seriously, the website broke! I was no longer able to add or even delete photos anywhere on the website. I called 3 times and chatted a few times but at the end of the day no one would help me. I even opened a ticket to try and get it resolved to no avail. There is no mention on the quantity of pictures you can have and if there was a limit I would have not gone over that limit. Whatever, I am in the process of switching my site to another service provider. Godaddy fell way short of their advertised customer experience!

Original review: March 10, 2022

As a seasoned web developer, I have used GoDaddy.com for over 15 years. As a Domain provider, they are excellent, but as a new side business, they have begun to offer hosting. Their staff however have NO KNOWLEDGE of network administration at all, don't even attempt to help and just ignore your questions and shun you.

The issue I was having was that Google's crawler was triggering the DDoS protection on the GoDaddy server when loading the mobile page and the IPv6 address needed to be whitelisted. The support staff initially tried to tell me that the server had NO FIREWALL. If you know anything about web development, then you'll know how comical it is that they even suggested this. It's a bit like a bank robber being surprised at a bank having a security system. Then they tried to just say that they have no control over it at all. So I guess their servers are managed by AI.

As a web development company, I have set up hundreds of servers, all of which worked perfectly. If there was ever an issue, I was contactable 24/7 and fixed it within 30 minutes every time. This is an utter embarrassment that a company of this size could be so incompetent. It seems quite ironic really, since my business always struggled because customers always wanted to go for the big business. Well, this is what you get with a big business, QUANTITY NOT QUALITY!!!

Original review: March 8, 2022

Having requested a domain transfer from Godaddy and having complied with the requirements to do so I received an email saying it would take 5 days to complete unless a request is made to them AND THEN IT'S IMMEDIATE. I initiated the said request but was just fobbed about and advised that GoDaddy could not do it as they could not access my client's account.

1 - Transfer Initiated
2 - Auth Code supplied

3 - Client Approved the Transfer

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FINALIZE? Too lazy and slack to help. Never will I use or recommend Godaddy for any service.

Original review: March 7, 2022

This is my first experience with a website building company for my new e-commerce company. I initially came to GoDaddy for assistance with advice, development, experience, and utility of a professional web designer. When I spoke to the sales pro at GoDaddy Johnathan I was specific in what I needed which was a platform that would allow me to build my brand and navigate customers to my Amazon products with the option adding a store at a later time. Johnathan upsold me on one of the most expensive packages that GoDaddy had to offer. However although the most expensive not worth the value. Another reason I came to GoDaddy was also to take the design aspect of the website off my plate since I am wearing many hats in the initial building phase of this new business adventure.

However, I began to have more appointments, and tasks in order to communicate the esthetic, design, ETHOS and mission I wanted my website to portray. The designer was out of touch with what I asked for; understanding the initial product was a VERY rough first draft I soon realized that it was going to take many more phone calls, apps, and messages to portray what we want in a website. TIME that I do not have -prompting me to call and wish a cancellation less than 30 days that I have even purchased the product. I was then bounced around to three different service members when I reached Nick GoDaddy Manager and ultimately the person to make business negotiations for GoDaddy.

I expressed to him that I was oversold and didn't need the web designer package from scratch and if we could compromise and use my self built site with a pro designer to give me the ability to save time and continue to do business with GoDaddy. I also was willing to keep all of my $2K with GoDaddy and use the credit toward the EOS Marketing. But Nick was rude, short, and not at all willing to negotiate and simply was not interested in keeping my business. To the point of arrogance like as if Godaddy's product was so far more superior - as if. So with this being said I am more than happy for GoDaddy to keep my money-since unwilling to refund only partial. Whatever it takes to never do business with this company again.

Take that a a sound bite a customer willing to pay a company not to do business with them. I have canceled all of my products and have already gave my business to WIX. I wish I would have went to them first. Their product is way more superior easy to use and directly connects to my AMAZON products. They are not pushy but listened to what I needed and have been so helpful and kind - key word kind. GoDaddy keeping the remainder of my money is a true reflection of the business practices and truly we all know these type of practices will not keep your company afloat for long.

I will share my experience with GoDaDDY because you deserve the bad review. Enjoy the $1,900 for your $5.00 service your reputation will soon precede the profit margin. Way to go WIX for hands down offering a superior product, service and all together a stress free experience. I have already started to work with them with building my second website for my real estate business.

Original review: March 5, 2022

10-year+ customer. Purchased new products in February. All good. Then, a week later I was locked out of my account. I've contacted them 4 times and received no useful assistance. No access. No refund. No explanation. I felt all 4 times that I was speaking with AI. I've spent a great amount of time building a website and setting up an email, plus the time spent with these 4 folks trying to get my access back. The complete frustration I am experiencing leaves me wondering "what happened to GoDaddy and their Customer Service?" How can a business operate without access to their website and business email? It can't. I would love to be able to connect with someone that would be willing and able to assist me. However, I can't get past the "AI". Very disappointing.

Original review: March 2, 2022

I've been hosting with GoDaddy 20 years, I tried their website builders and it was very disappointing. They charge a premium to build a simple one page website, I told them I have business hosting and would like to place the new site there. They said because of how they use to build it must be on their platform, I agreed but asked if I would be able to migrate the site anywhere after or to my business hosting I have existing with GoDaddy. They said yes and built my requested site.

Later I tried migrating or I asked GoDaddy to do it as you know it's better to have a professional do it. Well I was told that the plug ins they used to build the site must be disabled to migrate it. I agreed and they told me when they researched that in order for the site to run I must purchase critical plugins $540 dollars. Talk about deceptive practices, So basically I've been blackmailed after the 1 page cost me $1,100 I must now pay an additional $540 to even use it away from their platform. NEVER USE THEM, horrible experience, and I'm a 20 year active user, hosting with GoDaddy,

I'm also been using their SEO services, I've done all they told me I needed to get my site on a national ranking after 2 years and 20 hours a month worth of work I asked why so much of the time is invested in creation and reporting. They are supposed to give me a monthly update, they do about 20 minutes worth at most, some months not even 10 minutes and this is fine but what they allocate of my money is much more than this.

Also their largest portion of time stent is on creation, not really show the work for all the time. I asked to speak to someone who is actually doing the work they claimed they don't work that way. I'm sorry but if I have questions as to where my money is being spent without justification it should be an open book. Since that discussion I have not heard from them and it has definitely been 2 months I wonder what they are up to in spending my money. Anyway it's time to renew and I believe I will start looking for other ways to get this done with clarity and this is not GoDaddy's SEO department.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

The last few years has seen the change in services go from great to abysmal. They no longer seem to have the staff in support with any real knowledge of their product. Issues that I am told will be resolved in hours never get resolved. They lie to you to get you off the phone. The main goal at GoDaddy is to upsell you on items and even try to get you to renew items at an outrageous price knowing that the item is free if a little research is done. This type of business practice usually sounds the death knell in a company. I have already started the process of moving my business elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

WARNING. DO NOT USE GO DADDY FOR DOMAIN REGISTRATION. The auto renew on our domain failed for no reason. Card is valid still and has plenty of money to cover a $30 fee. The email they sent about it went to spam. The domain expired and they want $100 to renew it on top of the domain hosting fee. It's a complete scam and rip-off. Customer support is an absolute joke. We stopped using their hosting long ago because it's garbage. This was the push we needed to move all the domains away from them too.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

Writing to let others know about GoDaddy's lack of integrity. Godaddy hosted my website. I even paid for their backup service to be extra careful. I went to log into my website one day. It came up as an error. After a couple of weeks of spending hours on the phone with their customer service and back and forth correspondence (this isn't an exaggeration) I was eventually informed that they lost my website. My website cost $4500 to design and create. I asked the customer service rep to reimburse me for this cost as I was going to have to build a new website. He said they wouldn't do that. The only thing they'd do is reimburse me for a couple of months of the backup service that I paid for. Their customer service is incredibly poor and the way they run their business is without integrity. They've left me to cover the cost of creating a new website along with the lost revenues of potential clients not finding me.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I have worked in IT for over 20 years and began my career at Microsoft. GoDaddy is purposely participating in deceptive business practices by moving their once free email services to Microsoft 365. They failed to communicate that you either pay for Microsoft 365 or have no email accounts at all. The fee is $24 per email for the first year and then $72. The communication regarding this was incomplete and deceptive.

I called GoDaddy and they had no solution other than to pay for a product I already own, in fact, they couldn't care less that they lied and damaged my business communications by deleting all my email accounts. I recorded the entire conversation and their lack of support was appalling. I'm suing and do NOT recommend GoDaddy for any services.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Rude client service. Mauricio ** tells clients it is a threat to tell them you will be leaving a bad review. Someone needs to train these people properly. So many other hosting sites. Don't get caught up with Godaddy.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

I started an internet based business hosted by GoDaddy. First they sold me a product giving me the wrong information just to make a sale. Then their analytics failed. Then they replaced my site with a different one entirely destroying my business and when I spoke with godaddy they promised compensation. Nobody contacted me back and they refuse to answer all my inquiries. Very poor service and unethical

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I can not receive emails from my own domain name. All emails go to junk, it will let me put my domain into "safe senders list" and save it. But when I go back in, the changes were not saved. After spending 5+ hours in 2 chat sessions the person from Godaddy claimed it was my fault and that I should change IP addresses and internet provider because it could be their fault. I asked to have the problem escalated and was informed that she already had and that this was the answer from the back office team? I gave godaddy 2 stars because I have been with them for years and really liked them. Until they switched from their webmail to Outlook 365. I'm not blaming outlook either, I use outlook every day. If I could turn off the filter online then I could filter in outlook on my desktop but no such luck.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

Godaddy charged me $19.99 to renew a domain I moved away from Godaddy a year ago. And they kept charging me, each day, for 10 days. They wouldn't stop even after I brought it to their attention. It's resulted in $199 in charges and $315 in bank NSF fees (it's an old account I don't use much). It's now a week later and they've done nothing. I've contested the fees with PayPal and the status is "waiting for a response from the seller." I'm glad there are Godaddy alternatives.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I tried to cancel my GoDaddy renewal, and cancel my credit card information, and the process was almost impossible. GoDaddy has no way to cancel and remove your credit card information via email or chat. I had to wait for approximately 50 minutes on the phone to do so. Horrible and unprofessional. GoDaddy does everything possible to make the canceling process difficult, time-consuming, and punitive.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Awful customer service and they engage in deceptive business practices. This review is in regards to the overall customer service experience. I have been a customer of GoDaddy for over 15 years. In that time I've seen customer service decline with each year. The wait times for customer service are so long that you just give up. I would bet that this is the intention of the company. In addition to the bad customer service I have had to make a formal complaint to both the better business bureau and attorney general in regards to unsavory business practices. My advice is to look elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I was a customer of GoDaddy since 2017. Today, I will be transferring any business I have left with them to another company. In December, I was sick with Covid. I could barely move. I missed a payment. This month when I started getting better, I transferred the payment into the wrong business account. I saw GoDaddy charge the correct account (1/13/22) and then I contacted their customer service right away (same day). I explained that I had made an error when I transferred my funds and could make the payment right away. They told me my website was deleted and I'd need to pay a restoration fee to get it back. I didn't have the money as yet. The representative told me not to worry because I had 30 days to restore it. I was willing to at least pay the $33 dollars but they told me I'd need to make the payment together.

Today (1/19/22), I called to pay both the restoration fee and the regular fee. I was told that they couldn't restore the page because it's been over 30 days. It's literally been 6 days. The representative then tells me that the last representatives that I spoke to gave me the wrong information and "they're very sorry". So, I asked to speak to a supervisor, the representative claimed that no one could help me and that was it. They offered no accommodations, no services, not even to help rebuild a website that they said could be restored within 30 days but couldn't. I'd suggest doing business with anyone else. Covid is heavily out here. Some people are in hospitals for 2 months fighting for their lives. GoDaddy has made no adjustments to deal with today's climate. Because of their error/misinformation, I missed the actual deadline to restore my website. Now, I have to go rebuild something that took me months to perfect on their platform.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

So, I used to get a free email address with every domain name I registered with GoDaddy. That was nice. I didn't use them much - some not at all. This week I realized they turned them all into paid email accounts without notifying me. And they added services I didn't want or need. I'll admit I found out late. We have a small family business and last year was crazy. We lost most of our staff and we all were working 20+ hours a day just trying to keep our store open and get our bills paid.

It didn't help that they made the charge the same name as the accounts that were for our business. I was aware we were paying that $300 + for email addresses for our company. So when they charged me $329 for my "free" email accounts I missed it. The charges come at different times of the year and they bill for 2 years at a time so if they don't pop up at the same time it's easy to miss. I think they plan for that.

As I was prepping taxes I realized they put a charge on my card for my "free" accounts. I looked at it and clicked the link. There was a button that said "Free" as well as a button that was for billing. I called tech support and was told that it wasn't free anymore. The support person looked at the page and acknowledged that there was a free option but then said it wasn't correct. That I didn't qualify for the free account and that the button shouldn't even be there. He also told me that I couldn't get a refund beyond 5 days after my order. I told him I didn't order this but he said he couldn't help me.

The next day I get a text message from "Advanced Support" asking if they could help. They were worthless. Said I ordered it (never did - I only ordered the service for our business, not for a bunch of throw away emails that I don't use). Then they backtracked and said I was notified that the free accounts would become billable (meaning they were just going to bill me for the stuff they told me was free). I asked when they notified me and was told they couldn't tell me that. But that I was.... I searched my email and couldn't find a notice. I couldn't find a message in my GoDaddy account... but the texter assured me I was... they just couldn't tell me when.

A little later the texter (I found out later that it was someone else) said they could tell me... made me jump through a bunch of hoops with confirmation codes in text and email. Then that person wouldn't tell me when I was notified either. They just kept telling me to call billing because they couldn't help me. I told them they contacted me asking to help... I asked again when they notified me of the super secret bill for my "free" accounts and they went silent.

We texted for over 6 hours. I have no idea how many people I talked to but answers kept changing. First they said they couldn't confirm when they notified me of the billing. Then they said they could if I provided account info, codes in text and email, etc. But then they wouldn't tell me when they say I was notified. Early on they said I had to notice they were billing me for free services and other services I didn't order in five days for a refund. Then they said 30 days.... They said I ordered the calendar and storage. I asked when and could they provide me with the order form.... they went silent again. Every time I asked for back up they went silent or switched me to someone else who started asking the same questions I'd already answered several times. Now they won't respond at all.

I've done business with GoDaddy for 20+ years. I've had private and business domains. I've paid for email services I ordered and have had no problem paying for the stuff I asked for. But I didn't ask for this. There is well over a year left on these services I didn't ask for but I can't even get a credit for the remaining year. Apparently you have to notice they screwed you in 5 days for a refund.... or 30 days... depending on who you talk to. Oh... and the free button on the email options page disappeared after I called support. Good thing I have a screenshot with the date and time... showing it was there. Not that it matters. They don't want to help you anyway. Just bill you for stuff you didn't order.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

As a webmaster, I update the credit card information for an organization when the President changes every 3 years. I made a mistake inputting 1 digit, and was unable to update the card online. So I called Customer Service to be sure the card was the problem and thought they understood I was going to call back after re-verifying the card information with the President. GoDaddy locked me out of the account! Then the next rep told me to do it online. Well I can't because I'm locked out. Then even after I gave them the correct 2 step verification code, they still insisted on sending an email in order to update the credit card. Of course the email belongs to the President, so I can't do that either. I asked for a supervisor. The rep refused. After 15 years of service, on autopay without a missed payment, this is how we are treated. I have had experience with many web hosts and GoDaddy has never impressed me. This is the worst experience yet.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Don’t use GoDaddy. Their customer service is dreadful but they are also unethical. I purchased two premium domains and once the funds were cleared, they have put my account on hold and insisted I upload my private ID documents for example Passport. I’ve told them three times I won’t send them my private ID and if they wanted this they should have asked during my purchase process. I have now asked three times for a refund but they simply continue to send their standard text asking for my private ID documents. They are bullies and fail to listen. A terrible company with no ethics.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

This review is about the chat service specifically. I had an excellent experience when I finally decided to try to get someone live. Spent about 3 hours trying to get a website and domain connected. Disconnected 4 times. Agents do not read information in chat. Agents just follow a script. Confusing explanations. Bot and live agent coordination is a waste of time if your answers are anything not 100% in line with their programmed scripts. Verification process is clumsy and awkward. No recording of information shared so had to verify, re-find, re-explain, information each time. If I had not already purchased multiple sites they would be losing all my business.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

GoDaddy managed WordPress sucks. I had contacted many times their support since I can't install or activate WooCommerce on their "Managed Wordpress" plans. The issue is because they are using outdated PHP which is not supported anymore by Woocommerce. Up until today it's not working. A big let down.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

This is not the firat time GoDaddy disappointed me. But I tolerated and moved on. But this time, it is over the limit. I have been contacting GoDaddy for 4 days. First day they said they have a global SSL issue. Then 2nd day they said it's my domain issue, they did some fix and domain propagation starts. I waited 2 more days. Now they say they don't provide SSL anymore. What the hell? I bought a Maximum Hosting for Free SSL and now they suddenly changed it without informing customer. I have the chat details and they are still showing Free SSL in website advertisement.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

My experience is sad. In the past month, I transferred into my GoDaddy account 8 domain names. All went well. The 9th domain name did not transfer, even though both the "losing" party and "gaining" party of the domain name tried multiple times. I personally call GoDaddy as often as 1x every 2 days. No one had a record of my issue. The people lied saying it was in progress just wait, or the insurance wasn't right (???) or the anti-hacking software was wrong (???), or they would escalate my issue, or their crack team will work on it the entire night until it's completed and send me an email. Sadly, none of their words meant anything. No caring, no email, no results, totally swept under the rug!

You wait on hold for up to 2 hours; the guy, and I have most of their names, says, "Hold on let me see what I can do," then after 10 more minutes on hold, the line gets disconnected. This of course is after the guy introduces himself to you. He asks for your phone number where you are in case we get disconnected. Sadly GoDaddy does not own one outgoing phone obviously! I would not recommend using this company for domain registration. Maybe they do a better job as a webhost.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

I have been with Godaddy for many many years, even before their original Superbowl commercial in 2005. They used to be a great company because of their customer service. Fast forward a couple of decades, they have become the opposite of that. They are terrible in customer service. I have been seeking support for the past 72 hours. One of my domains is down but there's a two-step verification on my account that unfortunately sends text to my old cell phone I no longer have access to. That is preventing me from getting the support I really need. I requested them to remove it. I followed their link and instruction, submitted my ID, and they still have not removed the two steps verification.

I have called them every day for the past 3 days, multiple times today, and they are still not helping me. Their customer service says I have to wait for another department and that department doesn't have a cell phone and you can only message them, everyone works from home, blah, blah, blah. I requested to talk with a manager, and the lady said a manager will call you but the manager never did. Almost as if their customer servies just want to get rid of you. As of right now, I can't seem to fix this, and we are going into the weekend where things is even slower. Over the years, I have given them tens of thousands of dollars in business, but they will surely lose me after this. Godaddy IS NOT the same company it used to be. Find alternatives!

Godaddy.com Company Information