Godaddy.com
2.58/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Godaddy.com

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Godaddy.com Reviews

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

GoDaddy just SUCKS! They sound inexpensive at first. They are not! They are ridiculously expensive. Just wait for an auto-renewal, they will sneak in a nice price hike "after your promotion ended". Terrible business model! They charged me an "auto-renewal", and since I wasn't expecting it, I didn't check my business credit card account. I found out when I got the late fee notification by mail from the credit card company.

At times like this, that Amazon AWS charges cents for hosting... These guys at GoDaddy auto-charged me over $600 dollars for "shared hosting" (your site in the same server along with hundred others competing for resources). Called customer service. They just made me laugh: - they couldn't refund me because 30 days had passed. Of course! I didn't know they had charged me. The rep: named Landon (didn't want to provide last name) literally said: "Since you already (forcibly) paid for it, you might as well use it." Just save yourself some headache. Stay away from this clown business.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Today I was on the phone with Godaddy customer service for 85 minutes just to update my PHP version. They have the worst possible customer service and I would not recommend them to anyone for Web hosting.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

10 years ago I reserved a domain name for a total cost of $96.90. The name remains unused, however GoDaddy auto renewed the name for $$271.60 - almost a 300% increase in price! I called customer service and asked for a less expensive alternative: shorter time frame, less "protection" etc. and was told that they could help by offering the name for sale but otherwise "nothing can be done". GoDaddy offers many services, however the simple process of reserving a domain name and tripling the price on a 10 year renewal is unacceptable.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I've had my website on GoDaddy since 2006. They have upgraded their website builder and told me I can either recreate my 23 page website with their new editor or I can stay with the website editor I have now and pay 50% more a year and also pay $80 a year for an SSL that is offered for free on the new plan. I got transferred to a rep, Kirk, who did nothing but offer me a $50 discount for a 2-year plan if I move my site to the new platform.

Go Daddy makes millions of dollars and won't help a 66 year old living on $1,100 social security a month? I asked them if they would transfer my site or refund me the $127 I just paid for a SSL certificate, or would they refund the advance fees I paid until 2021 and I got a big fat no. Their story which I don't buy is the old website editor is on an old server. I know IT guys and they say any program or data can be moved to a new server, so Go Daddy lied on top of everything else. I'm getting penalized for being a customer for over 11 years. Stay away from these crooks!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I'm sorry but GoDaddy customer service is an imposition. Your chat service in India doesn't have a clue what they are doing. They keep telling you to wait 24 hours here, then wait another 48 hours there. Your service hotline can at least point out where the problem is, but they are not helping you to fix it. I have a problem with my SSL certificate. I installed it according to the GoDaddy instructions and then it suddenly shows up as "self-signed". So my website is not accessible for the public, even though I paid 80$ for the SSL certificate. The call center agent tells me that "I" made a mistake when ordering the certificate because "I" used a www. instead of an https://.

Hold on, I bought my domain as www. and only because of the SSL certificate it had changed to an https:// What the heck??!! Good, at least now I know where the problem supposedly is. But to fix it, I can either try to do it myself (with GoDaddy instructions that are incomplete, contradicting and definitely not working) or I can pay GoDaddy another 70$ so they fix a mistake that was never done by me...? That's fraud, quite honestly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Sir, I purchased several domains and when the renewal came they are charging different prices in India and having developed them through developer and branding them by social media marketing and other ways of marketing. I spent a lot of money. At the time of renewal they declined to comment on varying pricing and eventually I tried to seek redressal through consumer forum but there is no physical office in India. I have lost both my website due to negligence from the company. I wish to file a legal notice to them.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I joined on 9/25/19 because I’m an Ed Consultant and Coach. I purchased my domain name and a web package. Days later I’m unable to use it because they claim there was fraud on my account. I provided documentation. There was no fraud. My bank account was charged. Their CSRs are polite, but when I asked for a supervisor he was busy. I would not recommend them to anyone. DO NOT BUY THEIR SERVICES.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Godaddy are fraudulent in their approaches to business. They enrolled you on auto-renewal without letting you know and save your card details. When your domain finish in a year, they won't email or contact you prior without charging you a premium for a renewal, they will just charge you any price they want without you knowing.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Was a customer for over 7 years and fired them today. I'm actually writing this while on hold trying to cancel! Let's just say that the fact that they are located in AZ should be a warning sign...It's not the hot bed for intelligent IT folks! If you want overpriced services, Extensive hold times for support (I'm still on hold), ** providing IT support, and frequent downtimes to your website, Godaddy is for you! Best of luck. Oh, I switched to Domain.com and NEVER thought an outsourced IT support in the Philippines could make Americans look like handjobs, but Domain.com wins easily! And if doubt me, try calling Godaddy's IT support and if you get ahold of someone, Just listen and enjoy the twit and do the same with Domain.com.... Lastly STILL on hold!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

We have issues with one of the email-id for the past 4 days. Worst support from Godaddy! The customer support team and Technical team both does not know how to resolve the issue and misguided and wasted nearly 72 hours of our time. Very bad service. We are going to quit Godaddy soon..

Godaddy.com Company Information