Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.30/5

GoDaddy is a web host and domain provider that offers multiple website plans and features. One of the largest domain-hosting companies, GoDaddy also provides multiple add-on services and 24/7 customer support.

Godaddy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Godaddy.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Their Office 365 solution got hacked so I could not receive and send emails. I called and waited for 90 minutes waiting to speak someone listening to their music and pre-recorded announcements AND THEN THE LINE HUNG UP. Run a mile as fast as you can. This continues to happen on a regular basis. Of course they blame everything else. DO NOT USE THEM.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Absolutely amazing customer service from the Hosting Department with Nathan.... This guy was phenomenal.... I knew nothing about an FTP server, he waited patiently for an exact hour, nine minutes and 29 seconds on a phone call to help me with a successful Thanksgiving presentation for my family.... I demand a promotion for this guy.... Wooooowww, absolutely amazing.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

This company is bad to the core. I have spent thousands on shoddy products and was left up a creek without a paddle when COVID started in March. I had been hosting at $38 per month with them for 2 almost 3 years with SSL, Backup and domains added on. At the start of COVID my business couldn't operate at all due to restrictions placed in Victoria. Initially, my main grievance was because I had asked for them to complete a 301 redirect from my old website domain. I had the IT member I recruited check this and they 'DIDN'T DO IT CORRECTLY!' Meaning my website had to get recognised by search engines again. Then right when COVID happened and I lost over $20K in jobs overnight, they issued me an invoice for SSL. Let me point out it was over 12 times the price I had paid originally for an SSL with them.

When I asked them if they could do me something better, they outright refused. Honey managed to pull up a promo code for $19.95 when I was about to give them my credit card details to pay for it on the phone. I queried this discrepancy with the price and I quote them directly 'that product is for new customers only, if it fails and your website goes down we won't help you. The new fee is to reissue your SSL you can pay that or take the risk your website goes down until you pay us.' I was gobsmacked at this response, using fear and threats is disgusting. After all this, I was livid, to say the least, I have never been treated like this my entire life. On a positive note. I finally changed where I got HOSTING, SSL, BACKUP, EMAILS, WEBSITE MIGRATION & FASTER SPEEDS for $120 per year!!!! MY GTmetrix report showed a 1-second drop in page load time! Let that sink in. I was paying over 3 times more for slower speeds.

That's right $120 for all that VS. $456 for just HOSTING! This company is the worst I have dealt with in my whole life. To be a paying customer and to be treated like my business doesn't matter is reprehensible. One thing I learnt from my MBA, only 5% of customers actually complain, so just imagine how many disgruntled customers they have. I have only dealt with one good agent when I first started with them. I don't recall his name but one out of the hundreds of painful calls doesn't redeem them. Avoid them like you avoid your mother in law. Find an honest hosting company that values you as a customer.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I contacted Go Daddy over 8 months ago, to have them switch my website over to their hosting service. They wanted $947 upfront to pay for 3 years service, which I paid, plus another $99.99 for the migrating service. It still is not migrated over-they keep coming up with excuses as to why it isn't done. When I told them to quit, and to refund my money, they refused, saying it was not refundable after 30 days. There is no written contract to that effect. They are blaming it on the current host, and me.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Unfortunately I cannot give Godaddy a negative trillion. As a long time customer with GoDaddy I have recommended them and their service to many family and friends. Over 3 weeks ago my email system security was change to a 2 step verification, which did not work and kept me locked out of email. After several weeks and many hours on the phone with support and many broken promises, they again deflect responsibility to my pc and software browser.

The tech support person tells me there is no escalating my problem to anyone. WHAT COMPANY DOES NOT HAVE AN ESCALATION PROCESS FOR POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE? Only companies not interested in customer service, just profits. Finally after 3 weeks of trying to get me to access email I GoDaddy confuses the issue by saying it has been this or that which has been the problem. Yes it has because they made it other issues, since NEITHER THEY COULD. I cannot recommend Godaddy to anyone I like in good conscience.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

There is very limited functionality in the Web Builder. Example: decided to use a calendar, so my clients can book an appointment. I can't adjust times, that already have been booked on the phone or in the office. The services are not integrated, for each one you have to go manually and adjust. And still, you can do it only for 1 week. This is not making my work easy, it makes it busier! So, I can't use it! I've been their client for about 10 years and it is always the same problem. They do not offer good service and tools, but their prices are the most expensive on the market! Have to leave for another company!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I chose Godaddy for my online store. Biggest mistake and waste of money ey ever. Poor website, NOT USER FRIENDLY, doesn't do reporting, doesn't show tax collected. And when support is contacted. They are THE ABSOLUTE WORSE. They literally know nothing, place you on hold for hour or more, you must call multiple times because some of them just don't even get back on the line after placing you on hold. Don't waste your breath asking for supervisor help. THERE ARENT ANY. You're told you will get a call back in an hour..joke...5 calls, 2 weeks and 7 hours of time I cant get back later, I'm still waiting for a call back. The worse part is LOST BUSINESS REVENUE...Stay far far away from this company.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I have had a hosted email account from hostdaddy for a decades. Now they are migrating to Outlook 365 and I am not going I hate 365. I moved my service to a different provider. I repointed all the DNS and things are better than before. Then I noticed that my unused email account at Godaddy is getting these Junk Emails every day. These are the emails I could never figure out how I was getting, they were addressed to an alphanumeric string at a domain with a finky name or even another alphanumeric string as a fuly qualified domain. THAT RIGHT THESE ARE ADDRESSED TO PHONE ADDRESSES BUT ENDING UP IN MY BOX.

I always wondered how this happened and now I know. The only way that these emails can get there is if someone is simply copying them into there, not emailing them. This is still happening and I would love to let anyone see that wants to. Oh and the good thing about the 365 is that it made me change hosting companies as they have been the worst getting worser the last 10 years. I have always wanted to get out but never did. I just joined to tell people about this and do your own experiments if you are getting the junk addressed to not your email in the box.

Consumer Affairs let me show you, I will even let you log in there and monitor and check the DNS, there is no way else they are going in. My mail is now hosted somewhere else this is a dead mailbox (except for this junk email). Contact me and let me show you this is real. I have attached some pictures one email even ended up in my bulk email folder. Not sure why the pictures aren't loading but they were yesterday. They will load on my outlook account that I set up to monitor without going to a web interface I went to so you could see the actual email folder. Look at the email addresses. They are not mine. They are weird also. Thanks, hope to hear back.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

This service drives me crazy. They make it very confusing then the call or send an email stating that your website is in danger of malicious hacking. So you buy the "upgrade" only to find out that the $1,000 upgrade requires you to use their web site builder wizard which is not transferable to any other hosting service if you want to leave GoDaddy... And the templates in the wizard are very limiting. If you are a small business owner and you care about your expenses, do NOT select this service. I asked for a refund since I never used the upgraded new wizard and webhosting service but they said, "No." This company does not have your best interest at heart. They are not a partner to those that entrust their business to their care. Move on. I hope this review helps you avoid years of frustration.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

GoDaddy has been a company we use a domain registrar and hosting for several years now. When we first got them for our budding business, we loved them. Wonderful and helpful customer service, little to no issues, and just a great overall company for our money. Well, over the last few years, things have gone downhill drastically. Customer service phone wait times have increased from under 5 minutes to 60+ minutes.

I am now on the phone with them for HOURS anytime I have an issue, and 90% of the people I talk to wouldn't know a thing about hosting a website if it hit them square in the face. So many reps at this point just transfer me to someone else because they either don't want to handle my issue or don't know how to. I am sometimes on the phone for 4+ hours getting transferred and transferred, waiting an hour on hold in between each transfer. Most of the time this ends in them creating a ticket for more advanced support to review, which can take up to 72 hours to resolve. In the meantime, I get no communication as to what's going on, and finally I receive a 1 or 2 sentence email saying my issue has been resolved when it hasn't, with no details or assurance that it won't happen again.

In the last month or so, I have noticed some of my client websites going down for a few hours, sometimes half a day, usually in the middle of the night. When I called GoDaddy, they said it's likely that our plan can't handle using several resources at once while things are updating so it causes the websites to crash temporarily and there's nothing we can do but upgrade (and pay hundreds more dollars) to give it more room (even though we just upgraded that plan 2 years ago to one that should have ample room).

It's always upgrade upgrade upgrade with them. They used to find a resolution to our problem, but now they just want you to spend more money. They also now charge insane fees for fixing problems for you. I had some plugin issues with several websites on a hosting account, and they told me it would be $150+ dollars per website to do the little bit of updating needed on each. I opted to do it myself, which was far more time consuming to learn rather than have them do it in half the time.

The last week has been hell. One hosting plan housing 180+ client websites went down. When I called, I kept getting different answers as to what as wrong. First it was that our storage maxed out, which should not have happened seeing as how we upgraded 2 years ago and it has housed that many websites for that long with no issues. The next person said it was 1 website causing the whole hosting to crash. The third person said he couldn't access it so he didn't know what the issue was, but he rebooted it several times to no avail. He then created a ticket that could take up to 72 hours to resolve. Trying to be patient, I waited and did crisis control for my clients that were freaking out about their websites being down. I had no answers, but awaiting Tuesday morning to get an answer.

Come Tuesday morning, nothing. No emails, no calls, no resolution. I can't even access my control panel at this point. I was at a total loss at to what was happening. I called Tuesday morning to be told that the first ticket was closed and another was opened, giving them another 72 hours to resolve it. I was trying to get answers as to what was going on and if there are any files I could access to get the priority websites temporarily moved over to a different hosting just to get them working, and they just kept giving me the runaround, putting me on hold, transferring me to more advanced tech support.

Finally, I called yesterday (10/7/2020) and finally got an answer to what happened after being told 2 other possibilities. I was told that the server failed. They couldn't tell me why, just that it failed and it happens sometimes. They moved it over to another server and everything is accessible now. But the websites were still down. This is because they moved the server, which changed the IP, so all 180+ websites now need to be redirected, again. I was not given a heads up or even asked about this. They did it, and didn't bother telling me until I called them yesterday and demanded an answer. The reps before the last guy couldn't even tell me what was happening; there were no notes on the account or anything to decipher what they did. This is awful communication. I had to talk to a different person each time, most of which had no idea what was happening with my account.

It took them a week to tell me what even happened, and then left me with a huge undertaking of having to contact each of those clients to change their IPs with no other option or solution. They had no remorse, offered no refund (even for the time that our hosting was down and paid for it), and all the guy could say was "sometimes technology fails and you're lucky you didn't lose everything due to our early detection system". Early detection system? They didn't even know there was a problem until I called them the day after the websites went down! They said this was the best case scenario, as we could have lost everything. I didn't know that losing all of the files on the hosting was ever a concern!

I am currently looking for another hosting company to migrate all of our sites over to because I am done with GoDaddy and their poor customer service and unreliable service. It seems as though most of their reps have basic to no training and no resources to even access the correct things to help their clients. I think GoDaddy has become too large to manage their client base properly, and they have been having way too many system failures. I won't be putting my company and my clients at risk with GoDaddy. They have lost all of my business and any referrals (we referred all of our clients to them to purchase domains, but no more). I would not recommend this company whatsoever due to inflated prices and constant up-selling, poor customer service, and system failures.

Godaddy.com Company Information