Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com

3.6/5 (463 ratings)

About Godaddy.com

GoDaddy is a web host and domain provider that offers multiple website plans and features. One of the largest domain-hosting companies, GoDaddy also provides multiple add-on services and 24/7 customer support.

Pros

• One of the largest domain hosts
  • Plans for Linux and Windows
  • 24/7 phone support

Cons

• Extra cost for backup
  • Limited live chat help

Bottom Line

GoDaddy is a web host and domain registrar. It offers affordable introductory rates and some free features in the first year. Many of its features come with extra costs that can add up quickly.

Godaddy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Godaddy.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I personally am no IT expert and would never claim to be but when you call the IT support at Godaddy the office in the Philippines you might as well ask your cat or dog for help. The staff read off a script and anything that is not covered by the script they will read the same script again. I actually said to the help desk, "Look. I am a chemical engineer and know very little about IT so when I say can you explain please do not repeat the same script as the script does not cover what I require." The girl responded, "Well I am not an IT expert. Just a call centre person" and said "Well I will transfer you to the USA." On hold for 45 mins and bang the line goes dead, I call back and, "I will have a supervisor call you back in 1 hour." The call back did not happen and when I called again I was told, "No. We called you." Sorry but the service is so low level I think a group of high school kids could do better.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I have had a site with Godaddy for roughly 6 months now, very little issues until recently when their payment processing system kept rejecting my payment method, I added a new card. Still same issue, added 4 more alternative payment methods. None of them worked. Kept getting the same error message. I called my bank and they said those transactions were never received so It's obviously a problem on godaddy's side. I even tried clicking pay with PayPal button but got yet another error message. and when you try and contact them for help you're met with a very annoying "Your wait time is 67 minutes" and it keeps repeating like every 30 seconds.

They give you the option to chat with customer service but yet again you're met with a your wait time is 55 minutes. Sounds like this website hosting company has so many problems they can't fix them fast enough, meanwhile my business site is down and I'm bleeding money everyday I can't get it back up. Stay away from Godaddy! DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS. I AM LOSING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS EACH DAY AND ALL MY SCREAMS FOR HELP ARE FALLING ON DEAF EARS.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

I have been a GoDaddy customer since 2011. They turned off my email service because I couldn't afford the annual fee and asked if I can pay monthly, they said no. I have been without my business email for over a month now. They don't treat their loyal customers fair. Losing business that was already slow during a pandemic the reason I couldn't afford to pay the annual fee but was willing to pay monthly.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Terrible for SEO and Google. Spent hours with so-called Tech Support showing them how the Meta Titles were being duplicated in the source code despite the fact that unique SEO titles were entered in Web Builder. Tech Support will waste your time trying to blow smoke at you when in all actuality, they can't/won't fix issues hoping that most of their customers are clueless! Their sitemaps are garbage, too, and no way to edit them. I mean, the sitemap didn't even have the main root url in it! Finally, the only way to reach GoDaddy Support is on the phone so there is no tracking of your issue.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I canceled my renewal, deleted payment info. It says on my account information deleted and they continue to take 14.90 from my bank. ACH. So I will have to change banks to stop this theft from me. I have attempted to resolve issue with customer service.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Scam pricing structure with poor refund policies. Still charged me after continuously asking to cancel ALL services. Would not recommend. After overcharging me for 2 years I realized that competitors have almost 50% cheaper pricing, more transparent and better service. DO NOT SHOP WITH GODADDY.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I have used them for 8 years but this year they are TERRIBLE and I lost at least $2000 in business while they mangled and mismanaged updating my old website to their newer platform. Hold time is 50 minutes and usually I have had to make 4-5 calls PER ISSUE to get something fixed although every time I call....and stay on forever....I am assured the issue is fixed.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

On Sept 8th I hired GoDaddy to create my real estate agent site for a team I was creating. I gave the representative, Rebekah **, the website, login, and password to a site I wanted to copy the format exactly from. Before I ordered the site, I told them I wanted to copy this exact layout and was told the cost would be $1999.99. November 19, 2021 site is still not done. I had two website managers helping me and after 6 pages they told me the dropdown pages were all extra independent pages and they can't do them. The website team at the beginning never finished the site and passed me on the Word Press development to finish. They apologized and gave me 3 months of free service to finish the site. At least 8 other reps have been involved in trying to complete the site, by providing written detail, pictures, example layouts for the website developers, each one failing.

I would receive an email to say the ticket was closed out, however, when I logged into my site and items were still not done correctly. I would then have to start the process over again. Each new site specialist apologized for the other and stated they would get this handled. Some making changes immediate only to be reverted back to the original format days later. On November 17, I told them to stop and that this was ridiculous and I wanted a full refund. He said I don't know why they are not making the correct changes we are giving them. The site specialist said there are multiple different developers that are working on this and that could be why. He said a customer service rep would contact me in 2 days to discuss my options.

I just got off the phone with Nick **, Customer Service Specialist, and he stated that there were only two options:

1. Give me another 3 months of free Word Press service again to fix the issues and complete the site or

2. Offer a 30% refund of the $1999 website fee, but since I have had so many issues he would go to 40% refund and 100% of the $239.88 hosting fee.

Confused I told him, "You want me to pay 60% for you guys to take over 120 hrs of MY time in multiple phones, emails, and designing for this site that you can't seem to deliver per your terms?" He said, "I can't calculate what that is broken down to, but that is the best you are going to get." I said those two are not even options for me and I wanted to speak to his supervisor. Nick said, "I will speak to my supervisor, but they will revert back to me." I told him the first option is the definition of insanity, as you want me to go through this process again, with the same team hoping the original issues get fixed and new pages get completed, or I pay you for $1200 for taking 120 hours of MY time. He said, "they will probably tell you exactly what I'm telling you." There are many recorded phone calls, notes, and issues with my account. I want a full refund of $1999 plus the $239.88 hosting fee.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

This is a sad review to have to write for a company that I thought was good. I purchased an unlimited data plan in July 2021 and began to upload a site that I had had up over a decade earlier. The site was extremely complex involving the use of databases and very many files. IN November 2021, they wrote me and told me the following:

"Your ** website hosting account is storing files in a manner for which it is not intended or compatible. While we ask that you fully review your current and intended usage, the following is of primary concern at this time: /public_html/collections. We understand that this situation was most likely not intentional. However, whether or not the content is linked or otherwise in use, storing large individual files and/or large collections of files on your website hosting space causes and contributes to various issues which negatively impact our service and, in turn, its performance and availability to other customers."

So even if the files are linked, which I clearly intended for them to be in the future, they will not allow the site to be up. This hardly sounds like an unlimited plan. Now for the kicker: They waited a couple of months to notify me of this "problem", cleverly waiting until past the 30 day period where a refund for the $470 dollar purchase I had made, refusing me a refund when I asked them for one on customer service. Definitely steer clear of this company, they engage in FALSE ADVERTISEMENT and are deceptive and unforgiving with their customers. Bottom line is I am out $470 and have to seek a new host for the website.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I first hired Godaddy on July of 2021. Today is November 10, 2021 and I still do not have a website. Their design team is a complete joke and to date I am out $3100.00 and absolutely no satisfaction. I am turning over this abomination to my attorneys.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I decided to switch to Godaddy.com after another web host had a problem with my email. I switched to Godaddy.com on the recommendation of a fellow who fixed my laptop. HUGE mistake. At first, emails emanating from www.awordsworth.com hosted by Godaddy.com were going to the wrong email address. Then they were going to the junk mail of the correct email address. Today, ** emails are lost in space. This issue has not been corrected for at least 5 consecutive days. Can you imagine trying to run a business when my clients who need my help in landing employment opportunities and career promotions cannot get in touch with me. Not only am I losing money. I am sad to say I am not able to help people who need me.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Their priority is the money not the service. After sending us a letter to renew our contract, letter that we did not answered because we didn't wanted to continued receiving the service, they charged our expired credit card. We contacted CSR in order to solve the issue, the CSR told me that we should cancel the service and we will received our money back. CSR lied to us. A ripoff. Our advice, be alert, you could lose your money.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I have been in Business since 2009, I started my Internet presents back in 2010 with a very small online platform. I wanted to add to my company by adding to my web presence so I contacted UZ Marketing who was in my building at the time. I paid $1100.00 to build my site and let them hosted it up until recently 2021. I reached out to to WebCreationUS to revamp the site paying another $1600.00 hundred because UZ had grown and never ever return phone calls after the pandemic! The owner Quan use to answer my calls but after getting major contracts with the republican party he was now the **. So where do I go to? Go Daddy because I got tired of calling and calling their front desk.

I decided to move my hosting to go daddy who sold me a five year hosting deal. They soon realize I was with one of their biggest resellers which should have been easy right! No wrong. What did they do? They NEVER moved the site and took my money! The resellers ran my credit card as well! Everybody happily getting my money but nobody working on my website! Now my site is suspended! I'M LOSING MONEY! SOMEHOW IT IS ALL MY FAULT FOR CONTACTING GO DADDY AHEAD OF TIME TRANSFER HOSTING! Go daddy solution go begging UZ Marketing and offer my credit card up to them to make me active again and continue the thieving system they have created with their legal terms and agreement. That has kept them from various lawsuits!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

Absolutely absolutely absolutely absolutely horrible company. I bought domains from a TON of other providers, such as Bluehost, Namecheap, Hostgator, A2hosting and so on, and NEVER had the same issues I had with GoDaddy (also known as GoneDaddy). There are many problems they have, such as the most expensive domains when compared with other domains and very poor customer service, but the WORST part about this is that they keep sending you spam emails, spam phone calls, and spam texts offering "GoDaddy services" AFTER YOU ALREADY CLOSED THE ACCOUNT WITH THEM.

When you buy a domain with GoneDaddy, the "get WHOIS guard protection" is SUPER hidden and you have to really look around for it to activate it, as opposed to NAMECHEAP for example where it's turned on by default. So GoneDaddy sells your information/email/phone number to other scam companies so they keep harassing you.

I believe at some point I bought a domain with GoneDaddy and didn't turn on "WHOISGUARD protection" by accident, thinking it would be automatic, like with most other domain registrars. Since then, when I bought new domains with them, I always made sure to select the WHOIS GUARD protection service, and yet, after:

- turning off ALL email notifications from them
- cancelling/selling all domains

- COMPLETELY DELETING THE GONEDADDY ACCOUNT

I STILL get 1-2 spam emails/texts from the "GoDaddy creative team" offering to sell me their logo/design/website services. Extremely annoying and frustrating and when you call them... "Well it ain't their fault, and nothing they can do!!" Stay away. NEVER buy ANYTHING from them as they will sell your info in a heartbeat to make a quick buck. Literally - go with ANY other domain registrar except them - I have firsthand direct experience with this.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I have over 120 domains and have called asking questions maybe 5 times most in 20 years, I try to call today and it says 30 min wait, hang up and try another department, the time goes up. No offer to give a call back which I would have been fine with. Godaddy I’m transferring all my domains to another provider because you can’t offer adequate customer service. And this new Email program you all have added is junk.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

This web host was exactly what I needed. I’m trying to start a small business to make some extra income and this company has helped me out tremendously. They offer so many services and products that are very beneficial to someone starting out.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

** Misleading pricing - $350 in "surprise charges" that were needed for the website that included the Yoast plug in and $150 by the Go Daddy SEO group to move forward with more than 6 keywords in the meta data.

** Misleading information - I paid for a "custom website" and the design was forced into a templated version except for the Contact Page. The client was extremely unhappy with the 1st and 2nd revisions and thought the design was boring.

** Lack of design and technical expertise - I found out with the 2nd firm I had to retain that they couldn't make the home page design work for me just as Go Daddy had a problem but they told me they couldn't adjust the home page hero section image so I could get the look I wanted. I had a graphic designer size the pictures and not the hero section looks perfect.

** Misleading communications about project management: The project manager had the 45 minute - 1 hour initial call, then a preliminary design was submitted, then she told me "after the fact" that I only had one hour to provide my changes since the phone call ended and she told me that the project would move to another group.

** Poor communications once I was dumped by the Project Manager into this new group - This group had no project manager, no confirmation of changes made, could not make simple changes but could not tell me why, now supervisors who would take action to response my problems. I spoke to more than 9 people. Could not or would not make the changes I asked them.

** ZERO concern for customer satisfaction. I escalated my issues to 2 different supervisors neither of which intervened with the developers to help me get the website that would satisfy my client. My request for a refund (see below) was completely rejected.

I made the difficult decision that I could NOT work with Go Daddy and told my client that. After more than 12 successful website installations, this was the first company would could not deliver. I asked for a refund from Go Daddy for a $500 credit on development, a credit of $150 for the one year hosting, a credit of $180 for the Yoast Plug in which is what they said I needed to order plus the $100 that I had to pay the Go Daddy SEO group so that the Yoast plug in could be installed. Go Daddy refused. When I asked for a refund on the 1st year hosting, they said that I had to pay for the development system. The supervisor repeatedly said they had to charge the first year hosting even though there was a 1 year delay from the date the project was paid for in Mar/Apr 2020 and when we started fresh with the preliminary hour consult in Apr 2021.

We found another website development firm who made ALL my changes and recommendations on design and now my client finds the new website very COMPELLING website. The bad news is that my client had to pay extra money and suffer the delays.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I wanted to have my storefront hosted at GoDaddy. I have a Squarespace Trial going simultaneously and have web sites in progress at both sites to compare. The Squarespace site is ahead in progress of the GoDaddy. And after several days of working on this I didn't start swearing at the screen until trying to use GoDaddy's free web creation software. It has some attractive features but compared to Squarespace it is unsophisticated, clunky, hard to use, and not really user friendly.

The menus are more hidden than obvious with novice users probably struggling for an hour just to figure out how to delete a picture from a lay-out. I'm an advanced web creator and my main complaint is the slowness of loads during the web creation process. I'm often second-guessing myself wondering if elements are going to actually appear. I thought I was doing something wrong. No, GoDaddy's site was lagging. I have to click on buttons some times 4 times to move images. That seems to be the main problem. Image manipulation.

Also, photos will auto adjust in some circumstances. In others they will not, such as no matter how you fix the settings the top and bottoms of books will be chopped if they are solid color. I don't like that at all. As expected from past experience, I was armed with dual thumbnails. Even the 2.75 thumbnails were getting chopped by GoDaddy if the top and bottom fields of the book were solid color. I could not defeat the problem in the settings after fooling around with it for about 2 hours. And that was just one issue with image problems with this software. There were other glitches that burned my time. Making me duplicate things because they didn't load right the first time. Not just clunky, highly flawed and buggy. I hack computer games and was designing commercial web sites 20 years ago. I know junk software when I see it.

So many of the settings seem to be beyond the user's control. You never know if background colors will register. Like five minutes later suddenly my black background would appear. What? What took it so long? I would suggest GoDaddy strongly for casual web site designers just doing informational pages. For them this is a great host site and highly recommended. For a commercial web site selling 5000 book titles? GoDaddy isn't going to work for me. You can't move files quickly in bulk like you can at Squarespace. And there is not unlimited data movement, storage, and e-mails like at Squarespace for just a couple more dollars per month.

I know people love GoDaddy but if I tried building my storefront here it will take me months just to finish the web site because of the limitations of their clunky software. The difference being between riding a bicycle and driving a Ferrari. I've worked on the Trial site here all day and haven't gotten far at all. Like my feet are stuck in mud with the slow page and image loads. The functions and tabs are just all wrong. The engineers need better direction for the novices. More obvious tabs. I don't understand software engineers who have big black fields available on the page but force users to search for hidden menus. They make you do the drop-down instead of putting the information all visible at once. Why are web developers so addicted to drop-down menus? Is it like mandatory like putting on your shoes or something? You have space, put the directions where people can see them.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

This site is super easy to use and very affordable. I had no problems building a site from scratch with little to no skills in technology. My wife found it easy to use and manipulate. I would say this service is great for a beginners or seasoned technician.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I’ve had very little experience with Godaddy but it’s the only platform on the list that I’ve even heard about. They have advertised and can help with advertising. They are well known a very unique company. Many people use godaddy because they have a long standing reputation.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

GoDaddy lures customers in with prices that look low. However, they often promote prices that only apply for the first year, then lock you in for more expensive renewal prices. GoDaddy also charges for items that in the modern tech world, you don't need to pay for.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

GoDaddy have in my opinion and experience the best prices and communication skills when it comes to customer service. I always recommend it to friends. It's easy to use and have many different options.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Godaddy is user friendly, and adaptive. Once you get past the fear of setting up your domains. It goes quickly. I found it helpful, the prompts make it easy to go to the next step. Customer support was friendly and knowledgeable. I liked the site and would recommend to anyone willing to start a business for themselves. The draw back was, the space was limited for what I wanted to do. But all in all it was a good site.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I've been trying to get my email via "Mail" a Mac app. No one at GoDaddy has been able to help me with this! All of my email via GoDaddy's Outlook program goes into the trash folder!!! If I take it out, it is automatically re-trashed!!! Even GoDaddy's own email is shunted to the trash folder!!! I have spent hours with tech support trying to fix this problem to no avail. I give up!

Phil

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

Customer service is the worst I ever dealt with. Completely ripped off the consumer. Disgusted. Use another company to build your website. When you call customer service/billing, and you ask for a supervisor, apparently the supervisors don't have a boss. I had to do a chargeback on my credit card because they illegally charged my card.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

Go Daddy puts people on the phone who just tell you what you want to hear just because they upgraded their servers it should be their responsibility to move the site information! With my site being down I was losing money because people could not find my site! Guess I will have to find a company who knows what they are doing

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

It is hard to explain how disappointed and frustrated I feel after spending a lot of money for a useless marketing campaign. I have realized that you at "GoDaddy" and or the Account Manager Kylie never paid attention to the fact you have targeted the wrong market. I was very clear and specific about the zip codes I wanted to target for my marketing campaign - all of them are here in MANHATTAN - since the end of April 2021. However, none of you took care of that during all of these months.

I have received likes on Facebook posts that you created from people located in Colorado, California, North Carolina, Illinois, Texas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, North Miami, Florida, Georgia, South Dakota, etc. Everytime I ask Kylie for an explanation, she blames her team, and I wonder... Who is leading that team??? Me or her??

Until now she hasn’t responded to my questions.....WHY are people around the country seeing my ads on Facebook except for the ZIP CODES in MANHATTAN that I requested to be targeted. There are also several huge mistakes from your side. For example, why are there missing posts on Instagram??? When I ask my account manager (Kylie), she responds that her team made a mistake or she gives responses like..."I don’t know what happened"....Or she just blames her team one more time. There are grammar mistakes on one of the 1st posts...Omitting capital letters for an ad.

This job campaign is poor and extremely basic, besides the fact that there is no coordination or communication among you guys. Another thing was, at the beginning of this campaign, I had to explain my target clientele (upper-class clients living in Manhattan) at least five different times to both Kylie and to her boss. Before this, she was marketing to the wrong customer base.

I want a response related to: Another issue in this campaign is - What have you done for my YELP & Google account???? I haven’t seen any improvements at all in these two sites. I also want to let you know that I have never received a call from a potential client in response to your “Marketing Campaign”. This now makes sense to me....Nobody who lives in Colorado or California wants to come to Manhattan for a class.

The account summary you sent me "DOES NOT REFLECT" what I paid for. You targeted the entire country and not the 5 zip codes that I provided you within Manhattan. So, any monthly summary you send me of my ‘campaign’ means nothing to me as the wrong market was targeted. On top of everything else, I have to complete 50% of the work required for every single ad you post on Instagram. For every single ad on Instagram you make....

I have to add more hashtags. Just to let you know - the maximum is 30....However, you barely add 4 hashtags and I have to do the rest. Plus, I have to find more content and videos, as you can see on every single post that I have completed or finished on my Instagram account. I am also paying additional money to Instagram to promote my ads and get more followers - on top of what I am paying you. I wonder - Did I pay you so that I can do 50% of the work and stay on top of you all??? Did I pay you to make huge mistakes and target the wrong market??? This is not my job. You have sold me a lie and an unprofessional job which is lead by an incompetent woman who blames her team all the time.

Due to this, I want a complete refund of what I have paid since we started with this campaign. You promised me excellent service, more followers, increased clientele, more exposure for my company and instead, this is a fiasco, I have lost a lot of money and time. New York City fall semester is around the corner and the idea of this campaign was to work during the summer to gather clients for this coming month (September). Now, it’s too late for me to do that as you spent the entirety of our agreement targeting the wrong market and not the zip codes I requested. August 31st is the last day of our agreement and I have received no new clients and no help/response from Kylie regarding why she marketed the wrong areas.

This is too much,

Marisa

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

On 7/19 our customer paid us close to 10k, and as of today 8/13, no payout has been issued because of go-daddy risk payments (email support). if you call them up they will say they can't do anything to help on their end and that via email is the only way to resolve the issue. We have given them everything they've asked for and they will not pay us out after almost a month of going back and forth. In process of taking legal action.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I have gone round and round with Godaddy. I used to love godaddy until this experience. The problem is that one department does not talk to the other department. They will send you emails saying you need to do this on your website when it should be taken care of by the premium support package you bought. It's been an absolute nightmare because you are having to call and spend time with customer service. I want to get things done but it seems to be more trouble than it is worth. I have to look for another company to do another site now.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

12 years with GoDaddy. I’ve seen this company going from good to disastrous. My old site was hacked despite paying for antivirus and all other crap they force you to pay to stay legit. They advises to create a new site in WordPress. I hired GoDaddy to build my website. $1,600 for just 4 pages. I diligently Provided all files, info, specs, etc.

After two calls with junior designers they terminated my ticket while the site was completely incomplete, full of inconsistencies and mistakes…. They even left it in a temp domain that would not transfer to my real domain. The transfer took 1 week. BOTTOMLINE I did it on my own. But the initial coding is poor and editing is challenging. I keep calling everyday trying to get help. The ‘Finishing Team’ is a joke. The customer service representatives are trained to make excuses on the phone or place bogus tickets with other teams. The website has never been completed. They are beyond unprofessional. If you are interested in a website look somewhere else.

Godaddy.com Company Information