2.73/5

756 Godaddy.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 30, 2019

This is the worse company to work with, stay away from them they will rip you off and steal your money... Stay away from them. I had domain names with for about 18 years, they end up to steal my domain name. Their email service is by far the worse email service you can have. Stay away from them.

Original review: May 30, 2019

My live server down since 10 days. When I ask them for update they just keep saying. "We will let you know as soon as possible." Now 'AS SOON AS POSSIBLE' became a brand of GoDaddy. GoDaddy is just waste of money, time and terrible service. Never never purchase any service with GoDaddy.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I had previously had a Godaddy website under the Dream Design team which I was very satisfied with for about 10 years. About 1 & 1/2 years ago I was told by Go Daddy that the Dream Web design was obsolete and I had to use the professional website design team to have my website remade under WordPress. I was assigned a developer named Kent who I explained the nature of the website and my need to maintain it with updates to existing pages. Immediately after the site was made it crashed, Kent informed me he completed his project and it was no longer his job to fix it. After contacting another individual in Go Daddy it was determined that the crash was due to a design flaw and Kent fixed the site. However valuable historical uploaded were lost and never recovered.

Now, less than 2 years of having this site, I am no longer able to make updates to a page because "too much text is on it" and I cannot move the contacts to another page, (Exactly what I stressed about my needs to manage). I contacted the Professional Web design team they indicated they cannot fix the problem. This is not a matter of money and I was willing to pay for these surveys. The Professional Web design team sold me a service I did not ask for or need (In my opinion) and created a web site that I cannot use and they unable to fix it. I am hoping to find a private website designer who can help me as I am unable to afford a completely new site at this point. I made requests to contact a supervisor, even if just to vent my complaint which was also made unavailable to me.

Original review: May 28, 2019

My company has been a GoDaddy customer for more than 20 years. They hosted our website, registered our domains and handled our email. We set up various multi-year plans under the assurance that cancellation of any multi-year plan would produce a prorated refund. My company is now winding down and I recently cancelled our windows hosting plan that still had about a year to go.

I called them when I did not receive the refund I expected and was told that refunds are only available if plans are cancelled within the first 30 days. When I said that those were not the conditions when I signed up was told "too bad, our policy changed." I am now sending messages to all of my customers to whom I had previously recommended GoDaddy to warn them to stay away.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I'm looking into taking a legal action. No one should do business with GoDaddy - total lack of business ethics. I wanted to built a site and I called Godaddy. I have spoken to one of the sales. When I told him what I wanted to be done he advised me to buy the 1649.31 in March 2, 2019 then he set up appointment with site builder for a consult Matt ** in April 2, 2019. When I talk to Matt for the first time he advised me that he won't be able to do the kind of site I was looking for. The only way he can do that is if I purchase a custom site and which will be additional 1724.01 and I paid the 1724.01 in April 2nd 2019.

So I start working with him and nothing was getting done all. It was taking too long so after a month I called in May 5th just to ask for a draft of the site to see if there is any progress done and by the name of Mary ** send me the draft and there was no changes done. So in May 8th I called and complained and they told me that my site builder is in vacation and assigned me to someone new name Brandon **. When I talk to him he told me he can do most of the things but he can not do the pop up after any purchase. The only time he can do pop up page is in the beginning of site which is the reason I paid extra to 1724.01. And he apologies for the wrong information and now they refuse to refund money. I am going to call the local news with this 283 negative reviews and they are still be able to continue doing the same thing over and over with different consumers. Everyone should know how they operate. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: May 25, 2019

I went to set up a website at Wix and thought I might save money hosting through GoDaddy but wouldn't so I accidentally signed up and canceled the services. It took 5 days to get through to them and they had billed my card. I had to demand that I get a refund when I had no active domains. WIX was hosting the domain name GoDaddy charged me for and made sure to remind me that I was on the last day for a refund. I copied and have saved the chat dialog in case they mess up my website. If that does happen I will contact the FTC, BBB, and WIX to recover any financial damage including the $700 I have out with Wix for the web hosting. I would advise anyone doing business with GoDaddy to keep very good records, and make sure they deliver the services rendered. Also don't try to use their domain hosting with another company. It won't save you money. Right now I'm just hoping I actually get refunded. I have records to prove they promised a refund.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I had videos and pics that I'll never get back again and GoDaddy never called or let me know that my webpage needed to be renewed. They then lied to me and said they tried to call. I never once had a voicemail. NOT ONE! DON'T USE THEM!

Original review: May 23, 2019

My account was hacked. Then I have my email and transaction code, also my credit card code. The first month, I submitted a Government issue voter papers so proof of my ownership. Then they say Government ID. It's ok to send Postal ID card. They say again Government issue ID. Then Research is also a Government issue ID card. So I apply again but "stated AGAIN Government issue ID". What the ** service, full **. NEVER EVER Buy-Domain. Service is crap!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I should have stuck with just buying their web service but the salesman hyped it as the next great thing since sliced bread. He explained it was a new service Go Daddy was offering and people who bought into it raved about it. Supposedly the web guide is a guru and can help me not only with the layout of the website, but give me insight to SEO and how to market my business. Well, I basically received more usable information from their web development team. They keep trying to get me to have them build my website since their self build website builder is rather limited but maybe that's the gimmick. I digress, the web guide guru kept telling me she had to check back with me when we ran into issues but then at our next appt. did not have fixes and totally forgot about the issues. Would not recommend the extra $500 web guide service as if you call in enough you'll get someone in their web development dept. who can go above and beyond.

Original review: May 17, 2019

As a consumer, I would highly disregard using Godaddy for any services! Again, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They will promise the world and charge you an extortionate amount but will only deliver very basic and elementary work. After I said I wasn’t happy they refused to issue me ANY refund or credit. They are absolutely horrible. I thought by using a big corporate company I would be in good hands. BOY WAS I WRONG. This company over commits and under delivers. Do not fall victim to Godaddy’s inexperienced web design team. They are a bunch of underpaid and unskilled designers. Find a reputable company that stands behind their work. Hopefully, someone else reads this and doesn’t make the same mistake I did by using Godaddy. Save yourself thousands of dollars and go elsewhere.

Godaddy.com Company Information