Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

Network Solutions Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I've had a Network Solutions account for 10 years to support my consulting business and have consistently had problems that almost always require hours on chat or support calls. Instead of moving my accounts and risking losing my email history I opted (against my better judgment) to buy MyTime Tech Support - my total bill for these guys was just under $1000 last year - for a domain name and email. One of my clients called me Monday afternoon to say he'd gotten an email he sent back with a message 'mailbox full'.

Then on Tuesday morning I realized that none of my news subscriptions came through. I discovered I was "over quota" on my email. Mind you I was never notified of this but my clients were with the terse email response. I asked how to get under quota? Their answer was to buy more space at $600 a year. I said let's just archive things. They said no. That leaves them on the server. Eleven hours on phone and tech support chats and I still do not know how to get under quota without deleting emails that I need to keep. I'm hiring a tech person to move my mail and hope I can keep my email address so I won't have to write to everyone I know with a change of email address. These guys know extortion...

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Network Solutions, LLC. 5335 Gate Parkway | Jacksonville, FL 32256. Network Solutions® is a Web.com Group, Inc. company. I only wanted to purchase a domain name. After signing up I was informed that the monthly price was very high so I canceled immediately. It took many phone calls and emails to get reimbursed. They make it almost impossible. My name-email and number were sold off to website development companies and I am receiving 50 unsolicited calls a day including texts and a barrage of unrelenting emails. This is a horrible company that needs investigating and prosecution. Run from this company!

Get buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

So I created an account here just because I'm so mad at them... I wanted to cancel a service that I have never been using, but they say to reach out to them on the phone... On the phone? Is this an Internet company? And we have to make a phone call to cancel a service? Now they say that for customer outside the US/Canada (which I am) you can cancel with a ticket, so I did that... My ticket waited 4 months without even an answer... So I finally found the time to do a bloody phone call, which lasted 25 minutes... That probably costed me more than the service costs me in a year... I don't know if this is malice or incompetence, perhaps a bit of both, but there are plenty of other web hosting company out there, so I recommend you stay away from this.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Below is my 15th attempt at contacting Network Solutions with not a single response. This is about the 15th time I've had to contact Network Solutions. I paid for a full year in November 2019 (see below). Since then, I have contacted you repeatedly to stop telling me my subscription is going to expire in April. It was made blatantly clear when I paid in November that I would have NO billing until November of 2020. It is clearly shown below that my domain name has been paid for, as has everything else I spent over an hour discussing with the rep in November. For some reason, Network Solutions is unable to grasp what customer service is supposed to entail. It means making adjustments to accounts after one request, not 15!

My site is now inactive. I want it turned back on, and I want it done immediately. I'm sick of this ridiculous lack of attention on your behalf. If you can't get it straight this time, I will request an immediate refund IN FULL. If that request is not fulfilled, I will pursue this through the BBB and the Attorney General's office. Maybe that will get Network Solutions' customer support to wake up and do their job. You are costing me money now by taking my site down. That is the last straw. Get it right or give me my money back and I will find a reputable, dependable company that can do the job correctly - without the form letter responses. FIX THIS NOW!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I reported a problem to Network Solutions that my email was not forwarding appropriately to gmail in a timely fashion. They acknowledge the problem ("We are aware of the problem") but then closed the support ticket with no resolution!! I noticed several other recent complaints reported on Consumer Affairs about Network Solutions, and I'm taking those complaints as a warning that I better move all of my domains and emails somewhere else ASAP. I've been their customer for over 15 years.... but the recent complaints you see posted here are a big red flag that something is really wrong at the company.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I have purchased domain names and hosted them on Network Solutions for almost 20 years. Somehow, someone checked a wrong box years ago and we ended up with two domain hosting packages when we only needed one. That was a $400.00 (three year) mistake, caused by their intentionally confusing options. That 3 year mistake was going to "renew" August 16, 2020, and I needed it to "expire", so on June 7, 2020, rather than try and find how to disable "auto-renew", in their confusing labyrinth decision tree, I called Network Solutions and let them know that I needed "auto-renew" disabled on everything associated with that second hosting package. I was assured it was done. But they said it would take a day or two to reflect correctly on the online account information.

The next week, June 13, 2020, more than two months before the service was set to expire, they debited my checking account $438.15 for another 3 year hosting package. (To host nothing.) I caught it before it paid and filed a stop payment and canceled the debit card and got a new one. The bank did get the funds back initially, but somehow Network Solutions debited the account again on June 23, 2020 and got it to go through again, in spite of the fact that the card had been canceled.

Now they refuse to refund the "payment" (money they stole) based on the argument that in 2012 they changed their user agreement provisions to provide for no refunds once a "purchase has been made." (ie. If we can steal your money two months before you owe it to us, even after you tell us not to, you cannot have it back.) This needs to be a class-action lawsuit, and I will be one of your named plaintiffs.

They were good folks 20 years ago, but now they are scam artists IMHO. I used to be a loyal customer. Now I cannot wait to get away from them all together. Unfortunately, the only hosting package I need (the first one) doesn't expire until 2022. Did I mention that there is no refund if they manage to steal your money? There is also no refund if you transfer elsewhere. I have to be just one of tens of thousands they have done this to. Use ANYONE EXCEPT Network Solutions for anything! And if you are a lawyer looking for a class-action lawsuit, this will be a good one for the lawyer. I'll just be happy to get my $438.15 back.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

For many years and for thousands of people, Network Solutions has prevented the transfer of domain names out to another registrar. We are experiencing this issue right now. They have blocked us from transferring our domain for more than the past six months, since January of 2020. They are preventing the transfers OUT, and it is illegal. If you feel that Network Solutions has interfered with your business, and caused you losses, then we would like you to join us in a Class Action Lawsuit against Network Solutions.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I spent hours today for what should have been a relatively simple issue... that was Network Solutions' fault. The first time I waited for 47 minutes. The second time 38 minutes. The third time I gave up after an hour and started an online chat, which I had to wait in line for. All of their customer service personnel are "offshore" as they put it. They would not reveal their location only that they were "offshore". They would not answer simple questions like "are others have this same issue". An absolutely pathetic company that I can't wait to dump after my contract ends.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I have been a Network Solutions customer for 20 years. Back when it was expedient etc. For the past month we have been trying to move my domains and the process has been horrific. We have had multiple ticket no's. and spent countless hours trying to do it. Every time we get an account lock message and then when we speak with your people they say, it's not locked. They send a screenshot showing it's not locked and then the cycle repeats itself. We Need hands on, manual help with this. Yesterday we got a ticket no with a man from Canada with your company and he guaranteed the transfer would go thru. It did NOT. Again it's been horrific! Your company has held my business back with the release of Face masks - I NEED HELP with your company's inability to do normal business. The amount of time wasted with incapable people is beyond words. We have even tried thru Linkedin, and Facebook to get help with your company and nothing!

Original review: July 19, 2020

I had a domain registered with Network Solutions for close to ten years. Fees for registration continued to rise past any competitive offering. Finally I decided to transfer my domain to a different registrar. As part of the transfer process, they charged me their full-price renewal for two years on that domain. I contacted customer service and they informed me that no refunds could be processed on transferred domains. They'll gouge you on the way out.

Network Solutions author review by ConsumerAffairs

Network Solutions offers customized web hosting plans. Customers choose the features they want and only pay for those, rather than paying for a plan that includes extra features they may not use.

• Provides WordPress hosting for blogs: Bloggers will appreciate being able to host WordPress and take care of all their blogging needs. WordPress can also be used to design a website without needing to know much in the way of code.

• Easy-to-use controls: It is easy to navigate the control panel and do what you want to do with this web host.

• Great customer support: There is 24/7 customer and technical support with low wait times, even during peak hours. The customer support line is toll-free. You can also get support via live chat and email.

• No matter how much you pay, you can only host one domain: Even if you pay for premium service, you cannot host multiple domains, which is inconvenient for small businesses and unworkable for web hosting companies.

• Unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes: If you are on a small budget, you probably will have to deal with limitations until you can afford to upgrade. Customers will need to pay premium prices for unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes.

• Service: Depending on the features you choose, you can end up paying a lot for web hosting.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team