2.26/5

205 Network Solutions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 12, 2019

Network Solutions is charging 5, 6 10X the price for product features which are now standard at virtually all other web hosting companies. My friend is being charged $65 a year for URL registration (GoDaddy charges $12.99, Inmotion Hosting $14.99) and for that she GETS NOTHING. NO EMAIL ACCOUNTS, NO WEBSITES, NO STORAGE.

She is called a GOLD ACCOUNT -- and what does she get for paying $50 bucks more than everybody else pays? Extra security and peace of mind. I tried to add an email account and I was told it would be $24 per year -- PER ACCOUNT. At Inmotion Hosting I pay $65 a year for - unlimited email accounts, unlimited storage, unlimited websites, free WordPress/Boldgrid site building. I can't believe how Network Solutions stays in business these days. Unscrupulous describes them best. Lacking moral conscience. Ripping off people who are unfamiliar with their choices and options. STAY AWAY...

Original review: April 12, 2019

I paid for a renewal three days after expiration. I asked for one year this time because they charge a fortune. They said ok and then renewed it for 5 years charging my CC. The original CC I used long expired. They didn't restore my website so I got four tickets on it and it's still not restored. Now when I use chat my number in line rises! I'd be in 3rd position and then 8th position. Obviously they have made it so I'm ignored & my website says it's pending renewal and can be backordered. They must be trying to steal it. Be very careful.

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I registered a new domain last year, and without my knowledge, Network Solutions added the .net version of the domain to my account free for one year. Six months before the free year is up, I got an email asking me to renew my domain. That was the first I was hearing about this other domain that is registered in my name. I almost assumed that my outsourced IT company had purchased it, and that they would want me to renew it, but it had web forwarding and private registration associated with it that I didn't want to pay for.

When I reached out to my IT company to find out if I needed to pay for the extra services, I found out they hadn't registered it. I then talked with Network Solutions and found out they had added it. Now that I know, I will just let the registration lapse, but I feel like it was a clear phishing attempt, and it would have worked if it hadn't been for the private registration that I didn't want to pay for.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Network Solutions expressed that they were able to change a domain name for a newly purchased domain, but then told me I only had 5 days for a refund. The representative was ill informed and had no idea how to help me with my issue. I did not want a refund and he continued to tell me about their refund policy. What kind of professional are you? I do not want a refund. I just wanted to get the name correct. Yes, it was my mistake. I just wanted to correct it. The representative was hell bent on not giving a refund to which I did not want in the first place, to which leads me to customer service is not their best virtue.

I thought I would give the smaller domain company some business but that's not always the best thing for your business if they do not have their business in order to be able to offer customer support. If they want the lil 1 poor 12.00 let em keep it and I will move on to another domain name company who is Korean reputable. I hope bad customer reviews is worth it, smh.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I have been using Network Solutions for years to manage several domain names and web forwarding. I had 3 or 4 domains due to expire April 23, 2019. Today's date is March 12, 2019. All of a sudden while on a business trip on Feb 27, 2019 I noticed I was no longer receiving company emails. It was using G suite so I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the problem with Google. But it turns out Network Solutions sold the domain name.

When I called Network Solutions they said that domain names with a country extension need to be renewed 60 days in advance. My domain name had a .us extension. This was never mentioned or written anywhere on my receipt or in any of the reminders. The expiration date was clearly April 23, 2019. This domain name is used for company business so every day it is down we're losing business. I can't understand how they could do this. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if it ever got resolved. They keep saying they're going to fix it within 24 hours. That was 4 days ago.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?

Original review: March 5, 2019

My wife has had Network Solutions as her domain name registrar for nearly 15 years. During that time, they have consistently overcharged ($35+/year) for the same service that other companies charge $8-$12/year for. What's worse, they make it really hard to transfer your domain out. You have to put in a request and wait 3 days while they try to reel you back in. It's 2019! The other companies give you full control of your domain, WhoIs entry, etc, yet Network Solutions still feels like dealing with shady characters who hold your domain hostage.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have 4 SSL products with Network Solutions, 3 of which I renewed. Despite the successful renewal of the 3 that I want, I am being harassed nearly everyday by emails stating that my card can't be authorized, the URLs will expire and my service will be interrupted. I have made no less than 5 phone calls and each time they say everything is fine and the emails will stop. Well that's a lie! Next year I will go to another vendor, if not sooner. This is a shame because the certs work fine and the process to get them was easy. If not for their emails, I would not have posted this negative review. Jim **.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

If I could give zero stars I would. If my issue gets resolved I will take this review down if not I will write a full review about my horrible experience. I will also list the employees names that are arrogant and cocky. I have not been able to get into my email for 3 weeks. They have lied about the issue brushed me off and had me pay for storage that they are now saying because I saved too many emails. That what the issue is. They lost all my emails back 7 yrs. My storage was not even 1/2 way full. Not sure why I paid for storage that I can't use.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Their customer service has been useless for me. And they will hold your domain hostage if you want to transfer to another host. I've been lied to by 2 customer service reps and one of their tech guys. Their site builder is old school, cumbersome and very slow. They are far behind the times in web tech. They do not have a full 24/7 service like most companies. And you cannot get the proper help if you do manage to find someone, who will at first claim they can help you. I've been given the wrong phone to call by customer service several times. Dealing with them is very heartbreaking and frustrating. And reading the vast amount of complaints has me very worried about my domain.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Feb. 14, 2019. After 4 attempts and a total of 6 hours on the phone with promises that my domain will be returned to me within 24-48 hours and a charge on my credit card, I get a notice saying that my domain is up for an auction. This is the most dishonest and dirty company I have encountered in my life. They act as a monopoly and the government should do something about this. They are profiting in a totally illegal manner. They are continuing to make the same promises and nothing happens.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I got a call from a customer that complained that I had not answered her many emails. Since I had not received any emails from her I tested it myself and the test email I sent did not show up in my mailbox. There was no bounce back. just an email that disappeared! My customer had told me that the first email she sent was almost a year ago! I immediately called customer service and 24 hours later the issue was still not resolved.

I can't imagine the number of emails I have missed because of this and I don't have any idea how long this has been going on. Imagine the lost business! I can't even begin to quantify it! At least if there was a bounce back message they would have know there was a problem with the email and contacted me by phone but because there was none it just looked like I was not answering emails! I of course asked for compensation and they offered me $1.07!!! I could not believe it! Are you kidding me?? $1.07 On top of that when I got upset the employee hung up on me. The issue is STILL not resolved!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I've had a similar experience to other users who have experienced unauthorized charges on a Network Solutions account. Network Solutions ADDED one of my credit cards to my account. They did this without my permission. BASICALLY THEY STOLE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER, CVS number, and expiration date as well as my current contact information. The company is engaging in unlawful activity.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I bought a domain name from them. I let it lapse for several months. Now they registered it themselves and want $477 to give it back to me. This is underhanded, dirty theft. I had moved my other business from Network Solutions because their service was so crappy.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

For some time I have been getting emails from them asking me if I wanted to purchase similar domain names. I pretty much just ignored them. I have no desire to purchase other variations of my domain name. Now it seems that they have selected to charge me for an additional domain name; something I NEVER asked for or Authorized!!! What kind of racket are they running? Not only did they give it (same domain prefix but a different extension (.tech)) to me without asking my permission but they proceeded to charge my credit card WITHOUT MY PERMISSION! THIS IS ILLEGAL!!! They have done this before holding up my funds and I am 2 seconds from filing a class action lawsuit because they have pulled this illegal nonsense before. These corrupt and illegal business practices must STOP FOREVER and legal action should be taken against them!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Similar to all the complaints here. I have been robbed and I feel terrible about it. Domain only expired 3 days and I have to pay $35 + $37 to have it renewed? for a .COM? Before now, I tried to transfer the domain name from these thieves, they gave an auth code after couple of days, I added it to the new registrar, but after about 5 or 7 days, the transfer was canceled because they said the domain name was locked. I know 100% that I unlocked the domain name for transfer. I checked about and it was still "unlocked" in my account, but somehow, NetworkSolutions keep it locked and won't let it go. How are they still in business? Is there anyone who knows how we can get on these guys with the Law?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Network Solutions, LLC is a very horrible and aggressive subsidiary of Web.com (Web.com Group, Inc) that sends spam unsolicited and without any business relationship. «Confirmation of Change of Password», «Your Services Will Be Interrupted - Due to Billing Information», «Service Expiration - Renew Now», «Action Required :: Your Account Information Is Incomplete» or «Reminder - Notice About Your Account» (just a selection) is used in the email subject line to unsettle recipients and make them believe that urgent action is needed. I recommend avoiding these fraudulent spammers and their parent company Web.com. There are cheap and serious alternatives to these two companies.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Okay, so I own several domains which I host through Godaddy. I do not pay for privacy protection for any of them but I do not receive much spam in regards to people wants to 'design' a website for me or 'SEO' or that junk. I purchased a domain from 'Network Solutions' and the calls and emails literally started FLOODING IN. People are calling my house at all hours (including 5 AM) to try and sell me different products to do with web design or search engine optimization.

This NEVER happened when I purchased a domain from GoDaddy or Google domains, the only reason I chose Network Solutions was because of the deal for $1 for the first year otherwise I never would have went with them and wish I didn't now. I think (and this is my opinion based on the facts at hand) Network Solution sells your information to third parties when you initially sign up for a domain without privacy protection so they can make money off the signup, but at the same time making it seem 'cheap'. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

As I had deal with US business for the last 30 years, I had never seen such rude and unhelpful CS responses. I ordered an SSL service from Network Solutions, but according to the instruction and I cannot locate the SSL configuration button at the management interface. I noticed it should be something wrong with the user interface and open a service call. Since I was needing this SSL cert in urgent, I went ahead and order one from register.com (eventually it is the same company).

On the next day, I got the reply and a fix on my user interface. But I mentioned that I don't need this service anymore. I didn't ask for a refund but asked to stop the auto-renewal, in order to prevent from future charges. I received a standard message mentioning that I need to call their loyalty department in person, unless "If you are a customer outside of the USA or Canada and you're unable to call, you can submit an online support request from [CS URL] stating you wish to cancel your services." Then, they closed my CS ticket.

OK, I open another ticket and stating that I am currently resides in Hong Kong and wish to cancel the service and quoting the message above (actually this is what I was referred). Then, I got the same message replied (not a word changed) and closed my ticket again. I replied and reinstate that according to the instruction, I can cancel my service online if I don't reside in US and Canada and I am not able to call. Then, the third time, I received a simpler answer: I need to call 2.800.**. I don't know why it is so hard for just disabling the auto renewal service. My feeling is that once you ordered with Network Solutions, you will end up spending tremendous effort to end the business with them. I finally deactivated my PayPal with Network Solutions and gave up reaching their CS over and over again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I purchased a URL called DayStarters from Network Solutions for $3,000. But they made a mistake and sold me "DayStarter" (not plural). When we pointed out the mistake to them, they said that we should buy the correct one (plural) for another $3,000 and that the money for the one they mistakenly identified would be refunded. Now Network Solutions refuses to refund the extra $3,000 in spite of the fact that their employee has confirmed our representation. We have filed an appeal with American Express and since the appeal was filed Network Solutions has now suddenly retroactively linked the incorrect URL that we don't want (their mistake, remember?) to the one we want "DayStarters". Taking money for something we did not authorize and in fact their own salesperson affirmed that we did not authorize it is fraud. Buy URLs through Network Solutions at your own peril.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Paid Network Solutions for SSL certificate and install end July. 2 days later site offline. Same thing happened Sept and then again in Oct. They said would only fix it if they were paid again on Nov 21st. Ransom paid but site stayed offline another 9 days (think they said their high level techs don't work weekends even though their website says 24/7 support). Web pages showed for 7 days but they emailed they needed to re image. Site now offline for another 4 days and now they say the service pay for MTS support... No idea what they are doing, they won't say and the error logs they provide show no errors. Sorry we ended up with them... My opinion is ANY OTHER WEB HOSTING COMPANY IS MORE LIKELY TO DELIVER ON THEIR PROMISES.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I purchased a SSL for 1 year on June 28th and paid for 1 year. I clicked by error on an express SSL sometime later as I received from them misleading emails saying that I had to renew... I clicked in good faith but then realized I had to install this other one on my site and I would not do this. So last month they revoked the last one and as well mine which I paid for. Result I have to pay my web manager and lost money and time (I have about 500 emails to deal with/day) so I could and would not make this stupid calls to have someone after 15 min on the line to say they cannot help me and try to persuade me to buy another SSL with “some compensation”.

Although being a gold VIP for year I am reconsidering the service at the whole and believe they are “crooks”! At least they do not deal with service and less with client’s complaints and their time. I have asked to transfer my email to their organisation to settle my claim and request at NO charge. This complaint comes after a previous one with a monthly Package of payments system that did not work on our website because it has been built up with ColdFusion. Any court in the US would give me a financial compensation of at least 5000$ as they really treated me like “**”. I am holding my heart beating in check when I will remove all my sites to other DNS providers! With angry regards, Manu.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I have, like most reviewers on this site, been dealing with Network Solutions for ages, renewing my domain names when expired or as advised but I have always given my consent to renew any of my domain names. One of my domain names is scheduled to expire on Jan 29, 2019 and on November 24, 2018, I requested for this domain name to be transferred to another domain name service provider. I got a response on Nov. 29, 2018 that my domain name transfer request has been approved. So far so good.

I was therefore surprised that Network Solutions decided to renew the same domain name for another year after agreeing to the transfer of the domain name to another provider. All efforts to get my money back has proved fruitless. Is this not a fraud. Judging by the number of complaints against this company, why has nothing been done. Why are they still allow to continue to trade?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Our Domain Name Service Provider is Network Solutions. It takes up to 4 hours to apply the DNS record changes. Other DNS provider only need several minutes. These are tolerable. But a few days ago, we switched over the DNS service provider. It says: "Once you have made changes to your name servers at the registrar there will be 24-48 hours of DNS propagation time during which your website and email may not be available". And our website has been inaccessible for one day!!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

At no time have I ever given Network Solutions permission to charge my card and yet, here I have on my statement a charge from this company! This falls under fraudulent activity! Good thing I am in good standing with my card company so this can be reversed and a case put against this company! There would be zero stars, but since this is requiring me to give a rating, one star is the most this company will ever get! With myself being a business owner, I cannot even imagine doing this to someone! What kind of business can feel right about doing this to people?! You should be shut down!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Trying to log onto my email, I called the number below the login screen since it said the email and password did not match records after I tried several times. After 5 minutes to get through the menus and another 3 minutes holding in silence, message came on and said their current wait time was approximately 10 minutes! I'm sorry as a VIP customer that in itself is unacceptable! Not to mention, the call just dropped! I own some 50 domains and a large number of emails besides having 3 web hosting accounts! WHAT THE HELL!?! I can't even get help logging into email.

I went to the Networksolutions.com website to see if I could resolve it there. There should be SOME indication when something is not working. NOTHING! I clicked to "Add Storage". The price is $135 for 1 extra GIG. FOR HOW LONG? What were the TERMS? NO IDEA!!! No Link to Terms, NO explanation of what I'm buying and Customer Service JUST HUNG UP ON ME! There ARE OTHER WEB HOSTING COMPANIES. Although it would be a major pain in my butt to switch everything over. I've just about had enough of their Lousy UNPROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER NON-SERVICE.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Trying to move our site and Network Solutions throws up a roadblock every step of the way. Because I changed something on my customer information, my release is on hold for 60 days! For Security Reasons! Lies, Lies, Lies. At age 64, I've dealt with some bad companies and some bad customer service, but this is the worst, and over a $10-$20 a month fee. Unbelievable!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Won an auction for a domain through NameJet that was registered with Network Solutions. Company overcharges for domain renewal/registration. Spams you with marketing emails. Tries to scare you into staying with them, instead of transferring out. Requested transfer code, and instead of sending it by email, they make you wait 3 days unless you call. They called me several times, so I called back and asked them to send the code. Got the code, requested transfer through NameCheap. Got an email from Network Solutions saying I had to wait another 3 days before they would initiate the transfer. An incredible waste of time. I would never use this company for my domains. I just happen to have the misfortune of dealing with them because an expired domain I bought was registered through them.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have been with them for over 10 years and it's getting so bad now I am forced to take my business to another host/register. They send deceitful emails as if red flag domain expiration. They sell you SEO on the front end, promise the world and after the money is not refundable change what they sold you completely, if there is an issue they will try to talk you in circles and never resolve the issue. I'm fed up with it for good. I'm moving my domains to another vendor and hosting elsewhere too...

Wow more than 10 years of excellent service and over the last year hours and hours of support calls that go nowhere... If there was no star I would give it. I could get into the nitty gritty of all the details but I don't have the time to spend one more minuet on such a negative experience, I just need to take positive action and dig out of their hole. They count on the fact that going to another vendor is such a time consuming experience but these guys are killing me and my business.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

They send out 'marketing emails' that look like RED ALERT panic messages suggesting you are going to lose your domain. There is an attached phone number that channels you to premium support ($$) where you find out that you were good via auto-renew. The online cat idiots are trained to be helpless and funnel you into paid services you don't need. Avoid these satanic pirates like the plague - someone should find their executives and skin them alive.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I have been a client of them for about a few years now and they are a terribly BAD company. My domain broker sometimes gets me domains registered with them so I have no other choice otherwise I would just run away. Among the bad things: Their renewal fees are just pure extortion. Just got charged 40$ last week on auto renew for a .com domain and on top of that they billed me 15$ for the privacy. 55$ for a .com domain wtf. Their auto renew kicks in like 90 days before renewal. If you forget to renew a domain, you are in for their crazy renewal fees + an extra 35$ to get them off a grace period or something.

They use the dodgiest marketing practices on their website like sending you these "your domain is about to be canceled" emails when the domain only expires like in 4 month, and their checkout process is the most dishonest thing you will find anywhere else online with all the expensive add-ons ticked in case you don't pay attention. They take a freaking week to send you your auth codes for domain transfer. The list is just way too long but long story short please move your domains away and cancel your hosting with them so this company dies for good and we can have a better domain registration and hosting industry.

Network Solutions expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Network Solutions offers customized web hosting plans. Customers choose the features they want and only pay for those, rather than paying for a plan that includes extra features they may not use.

• Provides WordPress hosting for blogs: Bloggers will appreciate being able to host WordPress and take care of all their blogging needs. WordPress can also be used to design a website without needing to know much in the way of code.

• Easy-to-use controls: It is easy to navigate the control panel and do what you want to do with this web host.

• Great customer support: There is 24/7 customer and technical support with low wait times, even during peak hours. The customer support line is toll-free. You can also get support via live chat and email.

• No matter how much you pay, you can only host one domain: Even if you pay for premium service, you cannot host multiple domains, which is inconvenient for small businesses and unworkable for web hosting companies.

• Unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes: If you are on a small budget, you probably will have to deal with limitations until you can afford to upgrade. Customers will need to pay premium prices for unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes.

• Service: Depending on the features you choose, you can end up paying a lot for web hosting.

• Best for: Bloggers, personal website owners, small business owners, artists and writers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs