Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

Network Solutions Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?

Original review: June 29, 2020

I inherited an account with Network Solutions including a domain registration and web hosting and have found it to be a painful experience. The quality of the hosting is very poor with our site frequently being down and always loading very slowly. I run the site on Wordpress and the versions of software on the server were not kept up to date with the recommended minimums.

When I have had to contact customer service, the representatives have always been friendly enough, but they usually cannot take care of the request I have. I was unable to access the account for a period of months from certain locations but not others and they were unable to help with this at all. They are very gimmicky and try to upsell you at every turn. Thankfully I have a background in web services and know what to ignore, but I can easily see a less experienced user falling for their very dramatic and intrusive ads that make it seem like the world will end if you do not buy an unnecessary service. They have even called my office to try to sell add-on services which were totally unnecessary or are free with most modern web hosts.

I finally decided to transfer all services away from them and they have made the process much harder than it should be. After requesting for the domain to be unlocked so I could make the transfer, it took 3 days for them to send the authorization code. Within a few hours of receiving the code I got another email saying that they had noticed suspicious activity on the account and had automatically put a new 30 day lock on the account. I have no doubt that this was done as a stalling tactic. I called customer service to have the lock removed and despite the lady I spoke with being very nice, she tried to get me to reconsider transferring and after I made it clear this wasn't happening she told me that the domain would be unlocked in 30 days. After pressing her that this was unacceptable and there was no reason for this she agreed to escalate the claim which I am waiting for a response to.

Overall, every experience I have had with Network Solutions has been frustrating and I feel dirty after having done it. It is sad to see a company that had an important role in the proliferation of the internet degrade itself to the point of their business model being entirely based on entrapping unsuspecting victims into keeping their poor services. There is no quality or decency left to be found in Network Solutions. Stay away.

Original review: June 29, 2020

"0" stars if I could! I've been a paid customer $27/mo for 4 months now. Unable to remove their logo when attempting to market my site. They claim to have many templates, but it's only a few and difficult to customize. When I finally decided to delete the account I called and was told the account would be canceled in 3 days as well as my domain released. It's been a month and they've attempted to charge me "twice", refuse to release my domain and cancel my account giving me continuous run arounds. These people are scam artists. They still attempt to charge me, they still have the account open, and still have yet to release my domain. I've never had an issue any website builder, these people are ridiculous..

Get buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 24, 2020

DO NOT USE NETWORK SOLUTIONS! Go with literally any other company. I have been trying to get in touch with a human at network solutions for well over a week. I NEVER RECEIVED A RESPONSE TO 16 SUPPORT TICKETS! I am in complete disbelief that I have been BEGGING for support for over a week! Is Network Solution's policy to ignore their customers who have created 16 different help tickets over a week ago??? I made one for each department option. The lack of customer service is completely unacceptable. I sat on the phone on hold for over 8 hours total trying to get assistance. I own a business and rely on email, I have been unable to send/receive email all this time. This is mind blowing.

Original review: June 10, 2020

Do not get your domain with this company, they won't release in case you want to transfer it to a different registrar company. My boss had multiple domains with working websites on them, one of those domains was registered with networksolutions.com and another one with a second company. At some point we acquired other services with a third company and we needed to consolidate all the domains in one place, with the third company. We requested the domain transfer with the second company and it worked flawlessly, no questions asked. When we requested the domain transfer from networksolutions.com it was too difficult, they locked it. I contacted them to let them know we needed to transfer such domain but they simply refused to assist us in releasing it. At the end we lost that domain and now we realize they released it to a Chinese company.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I am trying to fill customer orders and cannot log in to my account. Maybe I've locked myself out? I send in a request to reset my password. When I click the link they provide me, I cannot access the reset function. I am constantly finding the back end services of my eCommerce account don't work. Network Solutions used to use the tagline 'we're serious about business,' but I believe they don't use it anymore -- rightfully so. A call to the support line blames COVID-19 for slowness -- I have to work from home too. Call volume is higher than normal. I hear that every time. Perhaps the high call volume is an indicator of some larger problem?

Original review: June 3, 2020

If you ever win domain name in Snapnames auction, it will be set up with their sister company - Network Solution. Immediately transfer it to the better domain registrar, few months before domain renewal time they will send many emails, and even Google Assist reminders for over-priced renewal of this domain, although they no longer have authority to do so. Domain as well still will appear on your admin panel. Support will say they are not trained to answer these kinds of questions and will avoid answering why they practice such unlawful business.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Today, 4/22/2020, I discovered my website is down. Apparently, it was to renew on 4/20, but they did not send any reminder. I do not have auto-renew enabled (see below)*. I suspect that this is 'punishment' for not having auto-renew enabled. And if it expires, they can ding me a 'one-time' 'Reinstatement Fee' of $35.99 for a $39.99 renewal. AND THIS IS DURING COVID SHUTDOWN. Why are they immune from no 'disconnects'?

Background: I am a small business in New York State. We are on PAUSE. I am struggling already, as I am not deemed 'essential' like these jerks are. SBA ran out of money before they got to me. How much did these jerks get to keep their facility staffed and ready to pull the plug? This website is my only link to my customers and now I'm out of business. I'm told it will take 'approximately' 24 hours to complete the reinstatement. *I used to have auto-renew set up with them, but on the last renewal they processed 6 months early to the surprise of nearly $500. So I turned it off.

Original review: March 14, 2020

Avoid this company like the plague. I simply registered two domain names, without privacy protection which was fine. I then wanted to accomplish the simple task of changing the address on my WHOIS information as it was incorrect. Upon trying to do it on their website, I ran into a Java error when pressing the submit button on the form. Calling into support is a total nightmare. They don't pick up for at least 15-20 minutes everytime I've called in - sometimes even longer. Half the representatives you speak to are clueless about what's going on and have no idea what to do, so they open an email ticket. I've been on the same email ticket for over a month now with no results - my WHOIS information still can't be changed. I thought this was one of the simplest things to do to a domain, but apparently not with Network Solutions. I have transferred my domains to another registrar with no problems.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Network Solutions has policies where they charge your on file credit card or PayPal accounts at least 30 days early for domain renewals. They also charged me 3 months early for webhosting renewal. I called and canceled the service and received a credit, only to have them renew it again less than a week later. Another phone call was required to cancel it again. I recently cancelled separate email hosting with them and updated my account with a new email address. It reverted back to the cancelled email address 24hrs later. I changed it again, went through the review and approval process again. 24rs later I received an email confirming the email address was being changed back to the dead account. More than 2 hours on hold and on the phone with them this week.

Also, the email change on my account initiated a 60 day ICANN lock which delayed the transfer. They didn't tell me about the lock when I requested the email hosting cancellation because I was moving to GoDaddy. They waited until I called back to request my transfer codes. I was with Network Solutions for 20+ years... They have changed through the years and I would never recommend them to anyone at this point.

Original review: March 3, 2020

If you want your website hosting to disappear, wait on hold for over 30-45 minutes to reach anyone in support, get an email response without your issues being dealt with, tickets closing when your issues have NOT been resolved, get charged incorrectly where have to call them so they can upgrade you on other services, go ahead and sign up for Network Solutions' crappy services. After being a loyal customer for over a decade, and host several client sites there, I'm D.O.N.E! I'll be migrating all of my client accounts to other hosting providers, this year to save myself the troubles of having to deal with them. They only want good feedback so when they know their service sucked, they don't send you to their 'survey'.

Network Solutions author review by ConsumerAffairs

Network Solutions offers customized web hosting plans. Customers choose the features they want and only pay for those, rather than paying for a plan that includes extra features they may not use.

• Provides WordPress hosting for blogs: Bloggers will appreciate being able to host WordPress and take care of all their blogging needs. WordPress can also be used to design a website without needing to know much in the way of code.

• Easy-to-use controls: It is easy to navigate the control panel and do what you want to do with this web host.

• Great customer support: There is 24/7 customer and technical support with low wait times, even during peak hours. The customer support line is toll-free. You can also get support via live chat and email.

• No matter how much you pay, you can only host one domain: Even if you pay for premium service, you cannot host multiple domains, which is inconvenient for small businesses and unworkable for web hosting companies.

• Unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes: If you are on a small budget, you probably will have to deal with limitations until you can afford to upgrade. Customers will need to pay premium prices for unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes.

• Service: Depending on the features you choose, you can end up paying a lot for web hosting.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team