Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.96/5

Network Solutions Reviews

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Don't buy domain or host website on this https://www.networksolutions.com/ ... It is a total rip off. First they will offer you insanely low cost domain, then they will charge you a huge amount of money for hosting, then they will blackmail you to sell your information if you don't make your account private by paying hundreds of dollars. First they make you believe that you are paying 5 dollars for monthly hosting and domain is given to you for free. But after payment is made, they will make it impossible to publish your website without paying 17 dollars per month for 12 months to host and then blackmailing for more money starts. Stay away from this scam and just do your self a favor.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Stay away as far as possible from Network Solutions. I am telling you based on my experience. They has STOLEN so much money from me and I just cannot believe that I let it happen for so long when there are other companies that just doesn't do what this one does. They have been charging me $39.99 per year for 5 domains that I had with them. Not only that, there were all these add ons $4.99 here, $15.99 there, $13.99 over there month after month. One year, 2018 I believe, they took over $1000 from my checking account for just 5 domains. Finally I've had enough and transferred the domains to another company that only charges me $11.99 per year and that's that.

They transferred the main domain a year ago and to my surprise they will still charging me all the add ons for that domain until this day. Not only that, they have bombarded me with stupid emails and all kinds of scary tactics about expiration dates, renew this, renew that... it is incredible. The company I use now sends me one email every month which is a statement for $19.99 for my website and that's it. I am telling you get rid of Network Solutions as soon as you can if you are using them. If you are considering them, DON'T. Try inmotionhosting.com and you will see the difference. Network Solutions is a shameless company.

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

What they do is let your URLs expire without really contacting you so they can sell them to a scam company that tries to sell them back to you or the highest bidder. Use any other company. Save lots of money not using them. You would figure that since they are 3x more expensive that they would take care of customers instead of giving in to pure greed.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I really wish I had someone tell me in the same manner as I am about to write this review. Please stay away as far as you can and do everything you can not to even interact with Network Solutions and or WEB.com, don't even give them the benefit of the doubt or entertain the thought they are a caring or decent company!!! I fully regret ever given the opportunity or the chance to NETWORK SOLUTIONS/WEB.COM...if they haven't yet, wait for it, they will take all the money and leave you with owing more and more money, best part of it all, they will give you the runaround and make it your fault...I've been violated, robbed and mentally assaulted in interacting with NETWORK SOLUTIONS-WEB.COM.

Unequivocally condescending customer service, products/services are impossible to work with, they want to bamboozled you into depleting your money, your time, and yourself, take, take, take your soul. They will charge you for services that you didn't even signed up for and when you want to cancel, you will be transferred around and around until you are completely disconnected, for me it was about 1.5 hours, I was committed to cancel my service in October and still unable to cancel. Working with my credit card company to dispute & black list them. It's a Scam, scam, scum. Here's hoping that universal justice will strike soon. In the mean time absolutely avoid, do whatever it takes and stay far, far, far away from Network Solutions and or Web.com and god be with you Network Solutions and the parent company Web.com.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I own several domain names and they are registered with Network Solutions. I have had domains registered with them for 20 yrs. A particular domain name was up for renewal. As usual I go to their website netsol.com and renew. For this particular domain I was unable to renew. I tried many times all resulting in failure. I renewed other domain names without problem. The domain expires and guess who owns it now... NetworkSolutions... Funny! Don't let them steal your domain. Go to another domain name registrar.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Prices are very high. If you want change some settings, they said that "Call Us via Phone". Credit card payment form not working. Ticket system is useless; late answer and every time same answers. Admin panel is useless. I am very regretful.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I have been their customer for about two year. Last year they started offering me an available dot NET domain, I didn't buy it because I didn't need it, to my surprise they used my credit card number on the file and they sold it to me without my knowledge. These guys are a bunch of thieves, don't do business with them.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Years ago I'd purchased a couple of domain names/url's from Network Solutions. They've been around forever... they're like the Kleenex of domain name providers. So, when I wanted to get a couple of new url's I went to them. I found their online ordering platform more than annoying, with attempts to upsell me other products quadrupling the amount of time it took me to actually accomplish what I wanted to... simply get a couple of new domain names. But fine. I got through it with my new url's. Fast forward about 36 hours and I start getting dozens of emails from web developers and AdWords specialist... and now I'm getting dozens of phone calls a day from overseas call centers trying to sell me the same. I am beside myself that their (lack of) privacy policy allows for this. Needless to say I will never be patronizing Network Solutions again. I will be moving my new url's to another host immediately.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

My boss insisted I call Network Solutions Customer Service during a period of network connectivity issues. Over the course of my 2 hour hold time with Customer Service, my mother died. Had someone answered my call and given me information, instead of fruitlessly transferring me around, I would have been with her. I know this sounds fake, or overly dramatic, but I will quite literally never forget that if someone had answered the phone, I could have held her hand at the end.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I encouraged my client to transfer their domains and purchase hosting from Network Solutions based on past experiences, which was decent. Their prices are high, but their service used to be great. My client's WP website has been online since April 2019. It's ALWAYS down or has limited performance. At least once a month, Network Solutions servers are down for a min of 3 to 5 days. As of right now, they've been down as of 11/11/2019 and they can't provide an ETA as to when they will be online again. I don't know what has happened to this company over the past few years, but this is outrageous.

Their statement on their homepage reads "Web Hosting You Can Count On. Web hosting services in the cloud that offer flexible plans, live technical support, and a 99.9% uptime guarantee." I'd like to know if their statement is a "real" guarantee or a blatant lie? These outages have caused serious damage to a business that relies on their website for conducting business and I feel awful for having referred them in the first place. I'm in the process of moving all business to another provider.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Network Solutions expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Network Solutions offers customized web hosting plans. Customers choose the features they want and only pay for those, rather than paying for a plan that includes extra features they may not use.

• Provides WordPress hosting for blogs: Bloggers will appreciate being able to host WordPress and take care of all their blogging needs. WordPress can also be used to design a website without needing to know much in the way of code.

• Easy-to-use controls: It is easy to navigate the control panel and do what you want to do with this web host.

• Great customer support: There is 24/7 customer and technical support with low wait times, even during peak hours. The customer support line is toll-free. You can also get support via live chat and email.

• No matter how much you pay, you can only host one domain: Even if you pay for premium service, you cannot host multiple domains, which is inconvenient for small businesses and unworkable for web hosting companies.

• Unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes: If you are on a small budget, you probably will have to deal with limitations until you can afford to upgrade. Customers will need to pay premium prices for unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes.

• Service: Depending on the features you choose, you can end up paying a lot for web hosting.

• Best for: Bloggers, personal website owners, small business owners, artists and writers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team