1.04/5
Based on 152 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

174 Network Solutions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I have been a customer since 1985 and was very satisfied since the change over to web.com. They are dishonest when it comes to check out after purchasing services. For example, on every transaction I double-check for things like "web forwarding" and "auto-renew"... every time selecting 1-year forwarding and rejecting auto-renew. Throughout the payment process they look fine, but then I come back a day later and very often they are the opposite I chose. I refuse to believe that such a huge company would have "glitches" in its system. I have had about 30 client accounts under my domain name. Not anymore. This one will be the last. Then going on to suffer my move to another hosting service.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I've been a customer of theirs for years, back to when they were about the only option out there for domain name registration. Their renewal policies are horrid. I don't know how many times over the years I have specifically disabled auto-renew on domains, both on the web AND in person on the phone. And yet I STILL have domains auto-renewing! Today is the absolute last straw. I'm leaving them permanently and transferring my domain registrations elsewhere. A few months ago, despite specifically having auto-renew disabled, a personal domain of mine was auto-renewed on a company credit card and I had to jump through lots of hoops to get that canceled and refunded. Oh, and their prices are way too high compared to other registrars too. At least I hope. Can't log into the site at all right now, it just times out.

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I have been with Network Solutions for over 20 years and the customer service is TERRIBLE. We are having issue with copy and paste within the email body because it is not working since 5 days. I have been 26 minute on hold after they simply hang up on me. They have several telephone number base on the service you want to contact but in fact they are ALL the same. If you call sale you'll get an answer immediately because that all matter to them. Tried to email them. Their email system is not working, they have a CHAT but no one to answer the chats. Only a message saying try later. I do not recommend this company at all!!! Will make the change as soon as my "contract" expire (domain name).

Original review: June 16, 2018

I recently took a position at an organization with a domain registered with Network Solutions by a former employee. I changed the contact name, security questions, etc. with the goal of transferring the domain to GoDaddy since I was a lot more familiar with that registrar. As soon as I got done with all the changes with Network Solutions - and confirmed everything with their customer service people twice - and had everything set up with GoDaddy to get the domain transferred - including entering a code provided by Network Solutions, Network Solutions locked the domain and cancelled the transfer “due to suspicious activities on the account” (me changing all the contact info). I called their support 3 times and was given 3 different timeframes for the domain to get unlocked, from 2 hours to 30 days to 60 days. So they’re holding our domain hostage for an undetermined amount of time. They don’t even deserve 1 star.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I purchased my domain name through NetworkSolutions.com about 4-5 months ago, paid over $450 for it. The domain doesn't expire for another 2 years... so no concerns with it expiring soon. I have not made any changes to the account, except to unlock it, which is required to get an authorization code. As I went through the process to get an authorization code, there were a couple of pop-up windows offering me a deal to stay and not transfer the domain name, I click continue to get the authorization code, instead of giving me an authorization code, it then says I have to wait 3 days. I immediately contacted support, they got back to me the next day saying I can call the authorization code much faster if I called. I told them I'm hearing impaired and can't use phones. They have not responded to both of my emails on that and still refusing to send me the authorization code. 3 days have passed and still no code.

Every other domain hosting company I've ever dealt with in the past gives me an authorization code within minutes of requesting it online. Why would a big company like Network Solutions want to go through so much trouble to keep one person from moving their domain name elsewhere? They have so many already. Also, why would they give a hearing impaired/handicap person such a hard time as well. There must be laws in place to deal with companies refusing to work around people's handicaps. I'm very concerned that Network Solutions may try to hijack my domain name now. Even though I have a Bill of Sale from them, their actions now appear to be of desperate people doing unethical business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?

Original review: May 30, 2018

I've had several domains with Network Solutions; never did anything with them, just registered is all. I had set them all to auto renew. Several years later, I disabled auto renew on three of them. The problems: They auto-renewed DESPITE disabling. They auto-renewed 8 months BEFORE their expiration date. I had lost and replaced the credit card to which the NS account was linked; the provider, as a service they said, went ahead and allowed the charge. I have tried to disable auto-renew on the remaining domains: it keeps flipping back to "ok" to auto-renew.

I had a nice 10-minute chat with NS service rep. who said she needed the new credit card number and then when I refused that she then said she needed to put me on hold and the call was then disconnected. I spoke to CC company and they will put a hold on auto payment for this vendor for 15 months and will also contact NS about the fraudulent charge. I hope it can be reversed. So, here's the lesson: Do not do business with Network Solutions.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I created a user profile with a confidential email address for communication with NetSol. They used that email to notify me of a renewal (so now I think we have communication). They changed the email address they use to contact me, to the one that is public on WhoIs. Domain expires, notices go to fake email I listed for the spammers to collect from WhoIs. They charge me $35 for reinstatement (and $35 for domain). They will not allow me to move my domain away from NetSol, unless I put my contact email on the WhoIs (publicly available) so the SEO spammers and entire world can see my actual email address. They offer to sell me (surprise surprise) privacy at *another* charge.

Network Solutions is an outright theft and fraud organization. Don't EVER EVER purchase anything from them. 20 years ago, okay. BY THE WAY, my account and domain have been there for 20 years. Not anymore. As soon as I calm down, you can bet I will take everything I have there off of their servers. Forever. I will automatically move all clients away from there. If I can find any other way to take business away from them I will. Including printing information flyers and inserting them into books at Fry's and Micro Center. Tell your friends: Stay away from NetSol.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I had a website, ** for 20 years. Last November it came due for renewal and I missed it. Network solutions (Web.com?) bought it immediately. They did not remind me I needed to renew. They used my domain name, putting up a "pirate" site with some of my articles on it to pretend that I had "redone" the site. Then they added an article promoting health insurance, and gave a link where you could find "Top Rate" insurance. They turned my site into selling insurance. I sent them a registered letter (cost me over $12) instructing them to take down the copyrighted material, sent them an email at the address found online. There has been no change. I am getting a lawyer.

Original review: April 27, 2018

This company called a client of mine 2 years ago and my client is 70+ years of age and they convince her to buy her domain for 10 years. My client didn't understand what this was for and what she believed it was for was making a website. Two months later after the purchase she had her website shut down by the designers. Now she has been trying to get access to switching the servers for the Domain and it has been one issue after another. For some reason the phone number they have on file doesn't match nor the email. Yet, they were able to call her and charge her credit card for the Domain. I have three-way called this company with the client, they have sent us emails and we have supplied every form of ID requested 4 times now.

An email was received that the transfer would take place in 24 hours. Then I received an emailed 24 hours saying there was a glitch so it would be another 24. Then today I called and it's still not transferred, but they got an approval to push it through. It would finally be transferred in 30 minutes. Tonight I look again and it's still not transferred. When I called for now the 14th time they said, "Call a different department in the morning." AWFUL COMPANY! One issue after and I think they preyed on my client.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I've had to use Network Solutions for work because their services is what they used to purchase websites. I'm giving them two stars for several reasons, all of which are completely fixable. I had to laugh when I saw their average review was one star. Here is why I am dissatisfied:

1) You cannot opt out of their commercial email campaigns. According to their so-called "Privacy Policies", they are required to stay in contact with you regarding WHOIS/ICANN policies. I'm aware there are laws which require them to contact me every once in a while. The thing is they use this regulation as an excuse to send me junk mail and commercial emails I do not want every week, sometimes multiple times. At times, I have received at least 2-3 emails per week "reminding" me of services about to expire for various domains. I don't want reminders. I want to be unsubscribed.

I deactivated my domains for a reason. I don't want or need to be reminded every week which ones are going to expire. I want to be taken off their lists but there is no way to do that via email or their website. See the accompanying images. If there is a method to unsubscribe, then it is buried somewhere inside their hugely convoluted and user-un-intuitive website, which brings me to my next point.

2) Finding what I need when I want to manage domains on NS' site is a ridiculous chore. A few months ago I went into my panel and deactivated a ton of domain names. I thought the matter was settled and that I wouldn't be charged for them. About a month later, I was charged for services RELATED to the terminated domains - nearly $180 - services which I couldn't use if the domains were expired. I believe they were privacy services or something, not quite sure. So I had to call NS to have them reverse the charges, which they did to their credit. I'll give them one extra star for THAT consideration.

All of this could have been avoided if they made their user interface easier to navigate, but nope. They have billing for domains in one section, and billing for other services in another which are directly related to each other. Even then, you aren't quite sure if the the domains have been terminated until you log out and log back in again. Is this 1998?

3) Impossible to contact NS via email. I just found their "email" form, which turned out to be a 6 part SURVEY. After I was done with their survey, I got no indication they were contacted with my complaints, no indication of any further action on their part or whether they were looking into things. Image is attached for this as well.

Note the 1 out of 5 star review from 94 different people. Does anyone at NS even take into account this extremely poor feedback? The inability to unsubscribe from email notifications is the most bothersome aspect of all of this, and the major thrust behind giving them a 1 star review. I only bumped it up to 2 stars once I realized they had resolved my domain issue and reversed the charges, but it shouldn't even have been an issue to begin with. Because they won't allow me to unsubscribe, all of their emails and notifications get marked as spam and thrown in the trash. This is the biggest complaint I have about them. No other company forces me to receive their email communications. They all comply with my wish to have my inbox uncluttered with irrelevancies. Once the remainder of my domains expire, I'm moving to a new registrar.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Started many years ago with NetSol when there weren't other options. They were good for a long time but then everything turned to crap. Hard pressure sales (by phone and email), kept trying to get me to "renew" a domain that I'd never purchased, they make it really difficult to switch and spam the heck out of you. And their prices are really high. I transferred all my domains to GoDaddy so I would have to deal with the sleazy people at NetSol any more.

Original review: April 2, 2018

This company sends emails to you every day trying to suck more money from your wallet, they have horrible renewal prices and they make it difficult to transfer your domains away from them, making you explain and confirm the reason multiple times and they take over 3 days to send you the transfer codes all the while they try to convince you that they want your business. IF THEY WANTED MY BUSINESS THEY WOULD HELP ME INSTEAD OF BOTHER ME AND CHARGE ME TOO MUCH!!!

Original review: April 1, 2018

This is for people want to go with Network Solutions. I am a programmer and I wanted to set up my Windows platform for hosting. After repeating myself 3 times that I needed Windows platform, they end up giving me in for Linux anyway. Had to call them back and waited for 40 minutes for them to got it right. Then I needed to had a write a read permission to a folder. They want to charge me $59 for that. Support and sales have no IT and/or programming skills and they speak out of their ass. I get a better support from China, Honestly. Don't make a mistake going with this garbage company.

Original review: March 7, 2018

This company has just lost this longtime customer. I was trying to renew my business website hosting package. They ended up not only charging my business credit card, which I provided for the renewal, but they also double charged my PERSONAL PayPal account, which I NEVER gave them! It has taken nearly an hour to get them to return the second charge, which I cannot confirm since it "won't process for 3-7 days". Sure you can charge me instantly, but not return a fraudulent charge for up to a week?!? Last penny you will ever receive from me, Network No-solutions!

Original review: March 4, 2018

They will sell you the site for 1 dollar. They will then put their advertisement on it till the time you buy either a web hosting service from them or pay them to point to another host/web server. If you want to transfer the domain name, their company policy is to hold your domain till 60 days. I would have given them negative 1 if this site gave me an option.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I was a customer at Network Solutions for 15 years and I have seen the decline after they became a web.com company. You should be very careful when it comes to billing because they will happily charge you higher prices on renewal, and also withdraw multiple times for the same product. One such problem I experienced was that they added a free hosting service to my account without me needing nor wanting it. They did not give me the option to canceling it, but I was given the option of disabling the renew process. In the end they ignored the renew process and started charging me for a service I neither wanted nor needed, and they made sure that you could not disable the renewal until the next automatic renewal would take effect.

I contacted them about this and they refunded me for one month and told me that they only pay back within 45 days of the purchase of the service, that I didn't need nor ever used. It took me months to relocate my domains from these scam artists and they made sure that it would take multiple calls and tickets to their helpdesk, with extra charges and occasional refunds. Do not expect the website to just work when you intend to leave or when you are trying to avoid extra charges for services you will never want nor need. You are not their customer, you are simply a short term wallet that they intend to drain before you run away to a real service provider.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I've had an account with NS for nearly 10 years, with 2 domains, and most of that has been pure misery. The technology is outdated and full of bugs, and fixes generally aren't available because NS does not own the program, they lease it. When the program was "updated" several years ago it was incompatible with many browsers. It is now incompatible with MS Edge, so it only becomes worse over time. NS technical staff were/are largely incompetent with no knowledge of the software or how to accomplish anything, they resort to "you are pasting in formatted text" or "you are doing X wrong" as fallback. You can only stay calm for so long. How many times can you tell tech support "I am not doing X" and make them understand? It's because they are undertrained and have no "solutions" beyond the script.

What do you do when you've spent hours working on your site with no accomplishment? What do you do when after hours, days, even weeks their "technical support" tells you "I don't know"? I submitted screenshots of how the formatting did not work. I spent nearly a year unable to edit my site without it breaking apart. Ultimately the vendor made changes based on my complaint but many of the features don't work, you can't preview, and must work in a lengthy "compatibility mode" which means that you must create your OWN workarounds for problems YOURSELF. Moreover, you can return to your site months later and find pages that have "broken apart" and are not stable, so they don't look as you left them or expect they exist as.

It's very embarrassing because you never really have confidence in what your site is doing "behind your back." I made the choice to use NS after a lot of research and it seems as though it was based on dated information about their reputation. It is a decision I have regretted for years. Working with NS has sapped my energy and the only reason I haven't left is I would have to rebuild over 30 pages of content, one of which is more than 20,000 words, photos, etc. No more. I would rather struggle with that then continue with NS. Now they are taking days to issue a code so that I can transfer my domain? The drama and feel of being held hostage goes on and on.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

When using Network Solutions for a domain, they send near threatening and misleading emails about their services to scare customers into buying additional services as well as renew existing services. Some of the services they offer are standard to other domain registrar solutions such as protecting your personal contact information. Network Solutions wants to charge $15 per year for something any other registrar does as part of security. They also makes claims to prevent domain transfers and make obscure ICANN rules references then do not specifically point out the rules they claim to be enforcing.

They change the timelines for domain changes, from 1-3 days, then after waiting 3 days, to 5-7 days, then at 7 days, to 7-10 days, and so on, while preventing your business from completing necessary work. If you are within a month of a domain expiration and intend of conducting a transfer to another registrar Network Solutions staff will explain that the domain tech staff only work limited hours per week and cannot assist. They will push these tactics until your domain expires than then explain that you need to renew before they can make any additional efforts. Network Solutions business practices are misleading, abusive, and corrupt.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Been with Network Solutions for 20 years this month Jan 1998. 1 Day late on renewing and Melissa in that dept says she can't waive $35.99 Reinstatement Fee. Said required by ICANN and they are unable to remove. BULL! Not the same company since Web.com took over. Fees too high and they do NOT care about customer service. I was considering them for hosting and site development since they email me about that every other day but not now.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Their entire website is filled with tricky traps, carefully designed to trick you into clicking on a add on services you do not want. However, once engaged in their thievery activity, good luck getting someone from Network Solutions to help you out of the mess. Won't happen. Their customer service is set up in such a way, that if you are a new client or looking for a new service, they roll out the red carpet treatment for you.

Shortly thereafter, they will stuff special deal offers (which are not what they seem to be) down your throat, constantly pushing and squeezing you for your hard earned money. But heaven forbid, you want to leave the company? You will be in "on hold hell" for an eternity, smoldering in great agony and frustration. Oh and don't get scared from their in red writing Warnings! When you ask for an authorization code to transfer your domain to a humanly company: WARNING! IF YOU PROCEED THIS IS IRREVERSIBLE! YOUR DOMAIN COULD BE FACING DISRUPTION IN SERVICE and on and on their scare tactics go.

That is the point when you will have your rude awaking and wonder why it is even legal to have such a company do business in the US! It is simply beyond comprehension! I have finally torn myself away from this nightmare of a business model. Never again Network Solutions, unless you guys find another evil way to lure me into your dungeon of torture and pain! Very unlikely though! I never wish anything bad to anyone, but if Network Solutions would go out of business today, it would give me a feeling of great comfort and justice. Heck, I might even have a drink on that occasion!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I bought a domain name from Network Solutions and thought I was paying just under $3 a month for six months, a total of $18.00. I then decided against setting up the site. Now I find Network Solutions is billing me $US14.95 ($AUS 19.82) every month on my credit card. I tried to contact them for an explanation but I'm not registered. So how do I stop these blights billing me $AUS19.82 a month on my credit card? And who do I complaint to about them. Not a good business to deal with.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Short story, I purchase a premium domain from eBay, and the domain hosted at Network Solutions, so I create an account there. First, I never met dirty marketing like this in the past 10 years, especially from US company (in my mind, US company is the most professional and transparent). You'll see the big words said "Transfer your Domain to Network Solutions® Today for Only $9.99* And Get A Free One Year Extension", for non native speakers, they will tricked with that price, the truth is their price for domain registration is $37.99 per year, when all of domain registrar that I know only cost $9-$15. Their price not transparent, you can't see any price list before you sign in and add to chart, so you will wasting your time to realize their price is very expensive.

Second problem is when I want to add payment method, both PayPal and CC rejected without any reason, I can't find any answer from their poor outdated help page. Contact via ticket, no answer, contact via live chat, the guy fast respond until I ask about my payment rejected, the guy close the chat session without any solution or even a sincere apologize, only a copy paste text to contact them via Phone, I don't need an apologize but any professional on earth know a standard operating procedure is a must, if you don't have a solution, a normal company will say a closing words, e.g. "Do you have another question, or do you need another help Sir?", "No", "Ok, thanks for contact us, bla bla bla...", not just dump the customer by close the chat session. The CS can represent this company has poor standard operating procedure, usually in my experience it represent the overall company quality.

I called their support and spend around $50 for a couple minutes for international call, the CS said my credit card rejected because it's not unlocked for international transaction. The truth is I'm still using same card for international purchase and monthly subscription, my PayPal account is 10 years old and I made dozens transaction every month. What make me mad is the CS asked a couple times "What's your domain?" I answered, spelled each letters and after a while he asked the same question. I told him, the problem is not my PayPal or my CC, because I'm still using it, and then he asked me again "What's your domain?" I hung up! Yeah no solution at all.

For overseas customers like me, it's very expensive to make a phone call to US, and if you don't want to help your customers via live chat or ticket, only offer a support from phone call, please put giant words "US customers preferred! Support only by phone call!" Please take a look their site, to send a ticket you must find the information on search engine, because at NS page, there's only a phone number for support. They don't have any blog, so we can't ask a help via comment form, they turn off the sign up for their forum, we can't asked there too, ticket doesn't works, live chat not good, even phone call support doesn't give any solution.

I have dozens of premium domain at another registrar, no issue at all, live chat is amazing, it solved my problem in a couple minutes. I really hate to make a bad review like this, this is my first time to do that, I want to share to people to be careful with this company, or you will get a headache, washing time for nothing! The most important is support, if the support not good, I'm 100% it's not a good company, because they don't care about your issue, they only care about your money that you spend for their products. After 60 days period, I'll transfer the domain out and will never ever use Network Solutions again.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

This company is so sleazy it almost defies description. Seriously. I know everyone needs to make a living but the way this company does it is lower than low. Why do I say this? They sold my domain out from under me, one I've used for over ten years as my primary business domain. I now have a nightmare of contacting clients, etc. and moving to a new domain. There's also a long list of complaints about deceptive communication, overcharging, horrible customer service, and "creative resistance" when you try to transfer, but those are well documented here. What they did to me today, however, was in a league all it's own.

Original review: July 16, 2017

Stay away from Network Solutions, Just Avoid Network Solutions at all cost. I got auth code from Network Solutions after 3 days of request. After that I made request and used the auth code at other registrar to process the transfer. All is unlocked - There is no any lock, have domain more than 8 months with them, still 1 year pending for domain expiration. They have not released the domain name after 4 days of transfer request. I received email from Network Solutions to approve the transfer! The email is like that - "Please click on the link contained in email once you receive it to approve your domain transfer". What? Seriously. Why I approve the transfer process from Network Solutions when I have already approved it on other gaining registrar?

It's simple. They want to restrict me to transfer domain out from them. After that I have seen and found there's so many online complaints about Network Solutions' fraud and the same issues. Seriously it makes me severe headache and pain. You can't do anything if you are non-resident of US. I am very depressed and disappointed after seeing horrible experience at Network Solutions. I will never ever purchase anything from network solutions in future.

Original review: July 2, 2017

You can research this. Same story. Trying to transfer domain to Google. Follow steps exactly. Even got authorization code from Network Solutions to do so. Google tried to request the domain, NS locked my transfer ability for 60 days. With no option to select otherwise. Obviously a resistance tactic. This is exactly why I am transferring to Google. Much simpler. No strong arming. This reeks of 1980's customer service techniques. They make the steps needlessly multiple to slow down transfers. I'll get it done one way or another, but beware. Avoid NS like the plague. P.S. Web.com is part of NS.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I have been harassed by this company for years. I discontinued my services in 2014. They have called me every summer since then to tell me that I need to renew my domain name/services. This year I received a couple emails about this so I decided to call to avoid them blowing up my phone. I was told (just like I was told for the last several summers) that my services were completely canceled. My phone has been getting calls from this company for days now, calling 2 or 3 times a day. I finally spoke to someone and they said "we are calling to help you renew services." I said I didn't want this so they sent me to billing.

I will be honest, I was frustrated at this point and wasn't as patient on the phone as I normally am. The gentleman I spoke to was rude to me and said he could not do anything about me getting renewal notices. I said, "So I am going to get notified by you guys every summer then?" He rudely responded with a no and said my domain name expires July 6th 2017 so that's why I was getting notifications. My domain name has been expired for years! They tell me it's still not expired every year to try and get my money. This company is a joke and I tend to be a very understanding person.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Network Solutions is pure evil and I hope someone bring a class action lawsuit against them. Back in April, I tried to renew our council domain name that expired, the then current primary contact was in the hospital and was not able to give out the account username and password for the account. I contacted Network Solutions and explain what was happening and try to renew the domain name. I was told that I needed to fax a letter from one of officers along with a current bill and I even enclosed a copy of our state tax ID and had everything notarize as per their request. I pay for the renewal of the domain name $39.99 and a reinstatement fee of $35.99 and the WHOIS privacy fee of $9.99 for a total of $85.97.

A couple of days later, the domain name was renew and I thought "great, we can update the council website and life will be good". NOPE. Network Solutions place a Legal Lock on our domain name saying that there was a dispute and that in order to protect the domain name, I will have to court and have the matter clear before Network Solutions could release the domain name.

To make a long story short, Network Solutions was saying that there was a copyright problem with ourselves. We would have to go to court against ourselves to resolve the problem. Trying to explain what was happen was of little help in trying to fix the problem. Network Solutions has told me that they would contact me. I have provided them with my home phone, mobile phone number and email address. The result nothing. I have contacted my credit card company and put a hold on the charge, thinking that may speed up the process, nope. Nothing. It is two month since renewing our domain name and it is still in Legal Lock and the response from Network Solutions is nothing. Stay away from this company.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Surprised they're still in business, charging for Domain Forwarding... It's actually and extra. What? LOL. Somehow my newly purchased on auction domain got assigned to NS. What a nightmare. I'm a developer and I will never advise my clients to purchase domains from you.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Since taken over (destroyed) by Web.com I have had the following issues. Charged for services they don't provide. Charged for services not required or improper. Impossible to reach (over an hour with no contact). So poorly trained that one doesn't know what the other is doing.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I attempted to update my website by changing to a WordPress format. Seemed simple enough, as NS had a WordPress application, which only required an install. It is now 3 days later, my WordPress is not working, both of my websites are inoperable and both domains point to the same site, with their "under construction" template blazing across the top. I have spent the last 3 days placing more than 10 calls to their service centers, with each call lasting approximately 1 -2 hours. My website designer was also included in the call but to no avail. NS kept creating new tickets saying they would escalate my issue as a priority. Well, it is still not working. I have moved over to Twitter as I tired of constantly being placed on "hold" while they "check things out."

Needless to say, they are the absolute worst. I have been with them for more than 5 years, but this is unacceptable, considering this is supposed to be their area of expertise... domains and hosting. When I asked for direct contact for an executive level, I was met with curt replies and no answer to my request. Initially, the customer service people were respective and friendly, now they are dismissive, which is mind-boggling considering this of no fault or error on my part. This is a hosting problem, which is their field of business. This delay in getting my services back up has cost me time, money and credibility of my product. Shame on Network Solutions.

Network Solutions expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Network Solutions offers customized web hosting plans. Customers choose the features they want and only pay for those, rather than paying for a plan that includes extra features they may not use.

• Provides WordPress hosting for blogs: Bloggers will appreciate being able to host WordPress and take care of all their blogging needs. WordPress can also be used to design a website without needing to know much in the way of code.

• Easy-to-use controls: It is easy to navigate the control panel and do what you want to do with this web host.

• Great customer support: There is 24/7 customer and technical support with low wait times, even during peak hours. The customer support line is toll-free. You can also get support via live chat and email.

• No matter how much you pay, you can only host one domain: Even if you pay for premium service, you cannot host multiple domains, which is inconvenient for small businesses and unworkable for web hosting companies.

• Unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes: If you are on a small budget, you probably will have to deal with limitations until you can afford to upgrade. Customers will need to pay premium prices for unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes.

• Service: Depending on the features you choose, you can end up paying a lot for web hosting.

• Best for: Bloggers, personal website owners, small business owners, artists and writers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Jacksonville
FL
www.networksolutions.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business