3.27/5

214 Network Solutions Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I am a blogger and hosted with Network Solutions monthly package just to check their service and give a review on web hosts on my Youtube Channel. I used Network Solutions service for a couple of months for 6 dollars per month. Then they gave me free support time for a month which I subscribed. After a month they when the time of renewal was coming I told them not to renew it and cancel the subscription as I never used the free time and that service was not needed. It costed 20 Dollars I think but they tried to charge me even I said not to charge but due to no balance in card they failed (The debit card I used with them was specifically for online payments).

After a month when I thought they will now charge me they did charged again but with lower value which was 15.99 and this time there was balance in my card. They looted me without asking me and their renewal system can not be turned off for specific service and they will reply your email if you will complain such behavior but they will not return your money or unsubscribe that service. They said to unsubscribe I will have to call them and from a foreign country that will also cost some money. The thing I did is that I have blocked my Debit card and asked for a new one.

They will loot you so do not use them and they will force you as you can stop subscription of the service. There are better services so do not use Network Solutions which is owned by Web.com. I am not the first victim they are fooling many others. I have used Google cloud, internetbs, namesilo and Amazon but they do not act this way if once auto renew fails. They will ask you for the second time. They are scams they will try to get money out of your account with lower values.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I just signed on with Network Solutions to host my website. I'm not a business. I have a friend who was hosting my site. However, he decided to shut down his hosting service. I selected Network Solutions because I had worked with them in the past with no issues. This time I learned that it would cost about $145 to have their tech support do the migration between servers. Fortunately, my friend did that for me.

Today I attempted to go to the file manager as a user, to add an SSL Certificate to find that I'm locked out of my own public_html files and so could not do so, for they only show minimal files. When I did for it, I received the message it didn't exist. After a long chat with them I was advised that a Tech Support person would have to be called in to "help" me for, I think she said when asked, $179. When I asked why I couldn't see the Public_html file, she said she couldn't answer that... that tech support would have to be called. And of course it would cost. That time I didn't ask how much. I told them that I was going to shop around for another web host. From the information supplied by other reviewers, it is clear that I made a very big mistake.

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

When refusing to renew a domain via their 5-10 email requests, they inadvertently renewed it anyways saying all domains are set to auto-renewal unless canceled. Who has time for that? I feel bad for the people that have to make a living working for this company and will never use them again!

Original review: June 15, 2019

I certify that this review is 100% accurate. I spent almost 1 hour on the phone with a Network Solutions person trying to fix a WordPress SSL site issue. They asked me to install Really Simple SSL after we purchased the SSL service from them. The install broke the site admin. What was the final solution from them? They removed the https from the database and said I need to figure out how to fix the plugin. And the final thing she said...maybe I should call WordPress.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Let me keep this brief -- NETWORK SOLUTIONS SUCKS! It is very difficult to cancel your account. You have to speak with multiple members of the loyalty team, who are difficult to deal with. Reminds me of the contracts gyms in the '90s used. Network Solutions is stuck in the 90s as well. Go elsewhere. In summary, Network Solutions such!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?

Original review: June 10, 2019

Not sure how the domain I began administrating got on this service in the first place. I have gotten their warning emails and letters for my domains in the past and always just disregard them. I'm sure it was some employee that didn't know better. Here is my experience with this wonderful company. It took three phone calls and two chats to just get into the account to change the DNS. Once the login was set, I tried to unlock the domain to transfer it when I noticed it was expiring. Was informed that it wouldn't be unlocked until the 1st. I tried again on the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th. Couldn't unlock it. It expired on the 6th and was redirected on the 7th.

I signed on again today, figuring that it had to be unlocked by now and after 3 hours of chatting, having to set up a second admin account and getting the run-around, I was informed that the domain would not be unlocked for 30 days. Meaning the only way to get the domain back up and pointing correctly was to wait 30 days or renew. I had noticed that when I tried to unlock it and transfer the domain, one of the 4 warning pages gave me the option to renew at a lower rate. Unlike the $35 yearly renewal with a reactivation fee of $53, it was only about $18. Even then it tried to tack on a number of additional services and another $35. For some reason when I changed the billing to PayPal invoice all the fees went away. Showing that after $18 as renewed for the year.

Back to chatting with Jimmy **. Either this guy is the only customer service rep they have or there are a lot of Jimmy **s at this company because I've talked to at least 5 of them now. So, after I paid he tried to tell me that I had only renewed the email service and to get my website back up, I need to pay another $75. I then cut and pasted the invoice and he backed off. When I asked how soon the DNS would be corrected, good old helpful Jimmy ** told me 48 to 72 hours. If this company contacts you, look up your domain on who is and if they are not listed as the registrar they are phishing you. Disregard it and contact your real registrar. In most cases, this will be your host service.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Have tried to transfer a .org domain away from Network Solutions 4 years ago, but was not able to get assistance. As the renewal is incredible expensive with this old registrar I tried to initiate the transfer again now in 2019. Requested the Auth/EPP code and received an email reply after 3 days with the code. So I initiated the transfer and got the usual error message that the code is not correct!!! It is now obvious that network solutions make it impossible and as such are resulting into those dodgy bad business practices. Very disappointing!

Original review: May 30, 2019

I called back and spoke with a rep named Steve who issued a refund and offered his assistance with my site. I advised him that he may had saved the company from losing a customer. I will consider continuing to do business with the company. I am to expect a refund within 3 - 5 business days. My initial complaint was being auto drafted without notice for $75 dollars for a .info and .biz. The price is still too high especially for a .info and biz. But I appreciate Steve's effort and that he issued a refund.

Original review: May 24, 2019

It's no secret this company is horribly overpriced, but in the last few years, it has become horribly inept. I am supposedly a "VIP Gold" customer, having been with them 15 years; long before web.com bought the company. Three days ago I bought a hosting package to build a site for an election I'm in. It's not a huge site, just your basic campaign site which I need for the voter's pamphlet. I spent a couple of days getting it exactly as I wanted it and then I get a call asking me if I'm happy with the package.

The guy tells me that for the relatively small size of my site, I didn't really need all the storage space that comes with the $12.95 a month site I purchased and I should reduce that package to a $45 per year package and save money. Sounds good, right? Then I suddenly see I have an additional new hosting package on top of the one I just built. I open a ticket and explain I didn't want another package, that I had been misled. I then called them to speed things up. I was on hold forever.

Finally, a kid gets on and begins talking about his freaking new cat. Eventually, after 36 minutes on the phone, he claims he's resolved everything and the $45 will be refunded and the new package removed. Then, you guessed it, two refunds were issued and both hosting packages deleted. The site I just spent two days on vanished and goes to a dead link. Once I resolve this, if I can, I will never use these idiots again. I've disliked them ever since web.com bought them and rarely use them, but I was in a hurry to get a campaign site up and running. A huge mistake that will obviously result in my spending most of tomorrow on the phone with them.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Network Solutions is charging 5, 6 10X the price for product features which are now standard at virtually all other web hosting companies. My friend is being charged $65 a year for URL registration (GoDaddy charges $12.99, Inmotion Hosting $14.99) and for that she GETS NOTHING. NO EMAIL ACCOUNTS, NO WEBSITES, NO STORAGE.

She is called a GOLD ACCOUNT -- and what does she get for paying $50 bucks more than everybody else pays? Extra security and peace of mind. I tried to add an email account and I was told it would be $24 per year -- PER ACCOUNT. At Inmotion Hosting I pay $65 a year for - unlimited email accounts, unlimited storage, unlimited websites, free WordPress/Boldgrid site building. I can't believe how Network Solutions stays in business these days. Unscrupulous describes them best. Lacking moral conscience. Ripping off people who are unfamiliar with their choices and options. STAY AWAY...

Network Solutions expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Network Solutions offers customized web hosting plans. Customers choose the features they want and only pay for those, rather than paying for a plan that includes extra features they may not use.

• Provides WordPress hosting for blogs: Bloggers will appreciate being able to host WordPress and take care of all their blogging needs. WordPress can also be used to design a website without needing to know much in the way of code.

• Easy-to-use controls: It is easy to navigate the control panel and do what you want to do with this web host.

• Great customer support: There is 24/7 customer and technical support with low wait times, even during peak hours. The customer support line is toll-free. You can also get support via live chat and email.

• No matter how much you pay, you can only host one domain: Even if you pay for premium service, you cannot host multiple domains, which is inconvenient for small businesses and unworkable for web hosting companies.

• Unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes: If you are on a small budget, you probably will have to deal with limitations until you can afford to upgrade. Customers will need to pay premium prices for unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes.

• Service: Depending on the features you choose, you can end up paying a lot for web hosting.

• Best for: Bloggers, personal website owners, small business owners, artists and writers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs