Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.65/5

Network Solutions Reviews

Original review: March 14, 2020

Avoid this company like the plague. I simply registered two domain names, without privacy protection which was fine. I then wanted to accomplish the simple task of changing the address on my WHOIS information as it was incorrect. Upon trying to do it on their website, I ran into a Java error when pressing the submit button on the form. Calling into support is a total nightmare. They don't pick up for at least 15-20 minutes everytime I've called in - sometimes even longer. Half the representatives you speak to are clueless about what's going on and have no idea what to do, so they open an email ticket. I've been on the same email ticket for over a month now with no results - my WHOIS information still can't be changed. I thought this was one of the simplest things to do to a domain, but apparently not with Network Solutions. I have transferred my domains to another registrar with no problems.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Network Solutions has policies where they charge your on file credit card or PayPal accounts at least 30 days early for domain renewals. They also charged me 3 months early for webhosting renewal. I called and canceled the service and received a credit, only to have them renew it again less than a week later. Another phone call was required to cancel it again. I recently cancelled separate email hosting with them and updated my account with a new email address. It reverted back to the cancelled email address 24hrs later. I changed it again, went through the review and approval process again. 24rs later I received an email confirming the email address was being changed back to the dead account. More than 2 hours on hold and on the phone with them this week.

Also, the email change on my account initiated a 60 day ICANN lock which delayed the transfer. They didn't tell me about the lock when I requested the email hosting cancellation because I was moving to GoDaddy. They waited until I called back to request my transfer codes. I was with Network Solutions for 20+ years... They have changed through the years and I would never recommend them to anyone at this point.

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2020

If you want your website hosting to disappear, wait on hold for over 30-45 minutes to reach anyone in support, get an email response without your issues being dealt with, tickets closing when your issues have NOT been resolved, get charged incorrectly where have to call them so they can upgrade you on other services, go ahead and sign up for Network Solutions' crappy services. After being a loyal customer for over a decade, and host several client sites there, I'm D.O.N.E! I'll be migrating all of my client accounts to other hosting providers, this year to save myself the troubles of having to deal with them. They only want good feedback so when they know their service sucked, they don't send you to their 'survey'.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

After first trying to contact them over email twice (no reply) I tried to call. The agent was passive-aggressive and refused to acknowledge my problem was a problem at all. I wish that I had read reviews about them before so I would immediately have chosen another registrar.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I had multiple websites with Network Solutions. I cancelled all but one and was surprised at how high my bills still were. I called in multiple times and every time I was told that my charges were all tied to my one remaining website. Finally, after years of this, I found out that they had continued to charge me for services related to the cancelled websites, like email forwarding, rather than cancelling those when I cancelled the websites. I had repeatedly questioned what was going on and was lied to every single time. They then refused to give me refund, saying it violated company policy. Avoid this company at all costs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

If you need help from Network solutions, good luck. I was transferred three times and now after an hour and 20 minutes they still haven't helped me. My e mail just stopped coming to my iPhone and now I have wasted valuable time in addition to no email.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Don't buy domain or host website on this https://www.networksolutions.com/ ... It is a total rip off. First they will offer you insanely low cost domain, then they will charge you a huge amount of money for hosting, then they will blackmail you to sell your information if you don't make your account private by paying hundreds of dollars. First they make you believe that you are paying 5 dollars for monthly hosting and domain is given to you for free. But after payment is made, they will make it impossible to publish your website without paying 17 dollars per month for 12 months to host and then blackmailing for more money starts. Stay away from this scam and just do your self a favor.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Stay away as far as possible from Network Solutions. I am telling you based on my experience. They has STOLEN so much money from me and I just cannot believe that I let it happen for so long when there are other companies that just doesn't do what this one does. They have been charging me $39.99 per year for 5 domains that I had with them. Not only that, there were all these add ons $4.99 here, $15.99 there, $13.99 over there month after month. One year, 2018 I believe, they took over $1000 from my checking account for just 5 domains. Finally I've had enough and transferred the domains to another company that only charges me $11.99 per year and that's that.

They transferred the main domain a year ago and to my surprise they will still charging me all the add ons for that domain until this day. Not only that, they have bombarded me with stupid emails and all kinds of scary tactics about expiration dates, renew this, renew that... it is incredible. The company I use now sends me one email every month which is a statement for $19.99 for my website and that's it. I am telling you get rid of Network Solutions as soon as you can if you are using them. If you are considering them, DON'T. Try inmotionhosting.com and you will see the difference. Network Solutions is a shameless company.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

What they do is let your URLs expire without really contacting you so they can sell them to a scam company that tries to sell them back to you or the highest bidder. Use any other company. Save lots of money not using them. You would figure that since they are 3x more expensive that they would take care of customers instead of giving in to pure greed.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I really wish I had someone tell me in the same manner as I am about to write this review. Please stay away as far as you can and do everything you can not to even interact with Network Solutions and or WEB.com, don't even give them the benefit of the doubt or entertain the thought they are a caring or decent company!!! I fully regret ever given the opportunity or the chance to NETWORK SOLUTIONS/WEB.COM...if they haven't yet, wait for it, they will take all the money and leave you with owing more and more money, best part of it all, they will give you the runaround and make it your fault...I've been violated, robbed and mentally assaulted in interacting with NETWORK SOLUTIONS-WEB.COM.

Unequivocally condescending customer service, products/services are impossible to work with, they want to bamboozled you into depleting your money, your time, and yourself, take, take, take your soul. They will charge you for services that you didn't even signed up for and when you want to cancel, you will be transferred around and around until you are completely disconnected, for me it was about 1.5 hours, I was committed to cancel my service in October and still unable to cancel. Working with my credit card company to dispute & black list them. It's a Scam, scam, scum. Here's hoping that universal justice will strike soon. In the mean time absolutely avoid, do whatever it takes and stay far, far, far away from Network Solutions and or Web.com and god be with you Network Solutions and the parent company Web.com.

Network Solutions expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Network Solutions offers customized web hosting plans. Customers choose the features they want and only pay for those, rather than paying for a plan that includes extra features they may not use.

• Provides WordPress hosting for blogs: Bloggers will appreciate being able to host WordPress and take care of all their blogging needs. WordPress can also be used to design a website without needing to know much in the way of code.

• Easy-to-use controls: It is easy to navigate the control panel and do what you want to do with this web host.

• Great customer support: There is 24/7 customer and technical support with low wait times, even during peak hours. The customer support line is toll-free. You can also get support via live chat and email.

• No matter how much you pay, you can only host one domain: Even if you pay for premium service, you cannot host multiple domains, which is inconvenient for small businesses and unworkable for web hosting companies.

• Unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes: If you are on a small budget, you probably will have to deal with limitations until you can afford to upgrade. Customers will need to pay premium prices for unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes.

• Service: Depending on the features you choose, you can end up paying a lot for web hosting.

• Best for: Bloggers, personal website owners, small business owners, artists and writers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team