1.02/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

187 Network Solutions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I purchased a URL called DayStarters from Network Solutions for $3,000. But they made a mistake and sold me "DayStarter" (not plural). When we pointed out the mistake to them, they said that we should buy the correct one (plural) for another $3,000 and that the money for the one they mistakenly identified would be refunded. Now Network Solutions refuses to refund the extra $3,000 in spite of the fact that their employee has confirmed our representation. We have filed an appeal with American Express and since the appeal was filed Network Solutions has now suddenly retroactively linked the incorrect URL that we don't want (their mistake, remember?) to the one we want "DayStarters". Taking money for something we did not authorize and in fact their own salesperson affirmed that we did not authorize it is fraud. Buy URLs through Network Solutions at your own peril.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Paid Network Solutions for SSL certificate and install end July. 2 days later site offline. Same thing happened Sept and then again in Oct. They said would only fix it if they were paid again on Nov 21st. Ransom paid but site stayed offline another 9 days (think they said their high level techs don't work weekends even though their website says 24/7 support). Web pages showed for 7 days but they emailed they needed to re image. Site now offline for another 4 days and now they say the service pay for MTS support... No idea what they are doing, they won't say and the error logs they provide show no errors. Sorry we ended up with them... My opinion is ANY OTHER WEB HOSTING COMPANY IS MORE LIKELY TO DELIVER ON THEIR PROMISES.

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I purchased a SSL for 1 year on June 28th and paid for 1 year. I clicked by error on an express SSL sometime later as I received from them misleading emails saying that I had to renew... I clicked in good faith but then realized I had to install this other one on my site and I would not do this. So last month they revoked the last one and as well mine which I paid for. Result I have to pay my web manager and lost money and time (I have about 500 emails to deal with/day) so I could and would not make this stupid calls to have someone after 15 min on the line to say they cannot help me and try to persuade me to buy another SSL with “some compensation”.

Although being a gold VIP for year I am reconsidering the service at the whole and believe they are “crooks”! At least they do not deal with service and less with client’s complaints and their time. I have asked to transfer my email to their organisation to settle my claim and request at NO charge. This complaint comes after a previous one with a monthly Package of payments system that did not work on our website because it has been built up with ColdFusion. Any court in the US would give me a financial compensation of at least 5000$ as they really treated me like “**”. I am holding my heart beating in check when I will remove all my sites to other DNS providers! With angry regards, Manu.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I have, like most reviewers on this site, been dealing with Network Solutions for ages, renewing my domain names when expired or as advised but I have always given my consent to renew any of my domain names. One of my domain names is scheduled to expire on Jan 29, 2019 and on November 24, 2018, I requested for this domain name to be transferred to another domain name service provider. I got a response on Nov. 29, 2018 that my domain name transfer request has been approved. So far so good.

I was therefore surprised that Network Solutions decided to renew the same domain name for another year after agreeing to the transfer of the domain name to another provider. All efforts to get my money back has proved fruitless. Is this not a fraud. Judging by the number of complaints against this company, why has nothing been done. Why are they still allow to continue to trade?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Our Domain Name Service Provider is Network Solutions. It takes up to 4 hours to apply the DNS record changes. Other DNS provider only need several minutes. These are tolerable. But a few days ago, we switched over the DNS service provider. It says: "Once you have made changes to your name servers at the registrar there will be 24-48 hours of DNS propagation time during which your website and email may not be available". And our website has been inaccessible for one day!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

At no time have I ever given Network Solutions permission to charge my card and yet, here I have on my statement a charge from this company! This falls under fraudulent activity! Good thing I am in good standing with my card company so this can be reversed and a case put against this company! There would be zero stars, but since this is requiring me to give a rating, one star is the most this company will ever get! With myself being a business owner, I cannot even imagine doing this to someone! What kind of business can feel right about doing this to people?! You should be shut down!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Trying to log onto my email, I called the number below the login screen since it said the email and password did not match records after I tried several times. After 5 minutes to get through the menus and another 3 minutes holding in silence, message came on and said their current wait time was approximately 10 minutes! I'm sorry as a VIP customer that in itself is unacceptable! Not to mention, the call just dropped! I own some 50 domains and a large number of emails besides having 3 web hosting accounts! WHAT THE HELL!?! I can't even get help logging into email.

I went to the Networksolutions.com website to see if I could resolve it there. There should be SOME indication when something is not working. NOTHING! I clicked to "Add Storage". The price is $135 for 1 extra GIG. FOR HOW LONG? What were the TERMS? NO IDEA!!! No Link to Terms, NO explanation of what I'm buying and Customer Service JUST HUNG UP ON ME! There ARE OTHER WEB HOSTING COMPANIES. Although it would be a major pain in my butt to switch everything over. I've just about had enough of their Lousy UNPROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER NON-SERVICE.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Trying to move our site and Network Solutions throws up a roadblock every step of the way. Because I changed something on my customer information, my release is on hold for 60 days! For Security Reasons! Lies, Lies, Lies. At age 64, I've dealt with some bad companies and some bad customer service, but this is the worst, and over a $10-$20 a month fee. Unbelievable!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Won an auction for a domain through NameJet that was registered with Network Solutions. Company overcharges for domain renewal/registration. Spams you with marketing emails. Tries to scare you into staying with them, instead of transferring out. Requested transfer code, and instead of sending it by email, they make you wait 3 days unless you call. They called me several times, so I called back and asked them to send the code. Got the code, requested transfer through NameCheap. Got an email from Network Solutions saying I had to wait another 3 days before they would initiate the transfer. An incredible waste of time. I would never use this company for my domains. I just happen to have the misfortune of dealing with them because an expired domain I bought was registered through them.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have been with them for over 10 years and it's getting so bad now I am forced to take my business to another host/register. They send deceitful emails as if red flag domain expiration. They sell you SEO on the front end, promise the world and after the money is not refundable change what they sold you completely, if there is an issue they will try to talk you in circles and never resolve the issue. I'm fed up with it for good. I'm moving my domains to another vendor and hosting elsewhere too...

Wow more than 10 years of excellent service and over the last year hours and hours of support calls that go nowhere... If there was no star I would give it. I could get into the nitty gritty of all the details but I don't have the time to spend one more minuet on such a negative experience, I just need to take positive action and dig out of their hole. They count on the fact that going to another vendor is such a time consuming experience but these guys are killing me and my business.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

They send out 'marketing emails' that look like RED ALERT panic messages suggesting you are going to lose your domain. There is an attached phone number that channels you to premium support ($$) where you find out that you were good via auto-renew. The online cat idiots are trained to be helpless and funnel you into paid services you don't need. Avoid these satanic pirates like the plague - someone should find their executives and skin them alive.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I have been a client of them for about a few years now and they are a terribly BAD company. My domain broker sometimes gets me domains registered with them so I have no other choice otherwise I would just run away. Among the bad things: Their renewal fees are just pure extortion. Just got charged 40$ last week on auto renew for a .com domain and on top of that they billed me 15$ for the privacy. 55$ for a .com domain wtf. Their auto renew kicks in like 90 days before renewal. If you forget to renew a domain, you are in for their crazy renewal fees + an extra 35$ to get them off a grace period or something.

They use the dodgiest marketing practices on their website like sending you these "your domain is about to be canceled" emails when the domain only expires like in 4 month, and their checkout process is the most dishonest thing you will find anywhere else online with all the expensive add-ons ticked in case you don't pay attention. They take a freaking week to send you your auth codes for domain transfer. The list is just way too long but long story short please move your domains away and cancel your hosting with them so this company dies for good and we can have a better domain registration and hosting industry.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I have only been with this company for 3 months and I canceled the first month and they still took out 69.00. Two months after that I tried getting my money back. The first time they wouldn’t and then I made Sure my stuff was canceled. After 40 mins on the phone they said, "You're canceled. Good to go." Well next month comes around and 69 gets taken out again! What a joke. They wouldn’t refund me so I had to go through my bank to stop payments. So if you want a company to steal money here you go!!! This was a big mistake. Lesson learned.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I have been a customer since 1985 and was very satisfied since the change over to web.com. They are dishonest when it comes to check out after purchasing services. For example, on every transaction I double-check for things like "web forwarding" and "auto-renew"... every time selecting 1-year forwarding and rejecting auto-renew. Throughout the payment process they look fine, but then I come back a day later and very often they are the opposite I chose. I refuse to believe that such a huge company would have "glitches" in its system. I have had about 30 client accounts under my domain name. Not anymore. This one will be the last. Then going on to suffer my move to another hosting service.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I've been a customer of theirs for years, back to when they were about the only option out there for domain name registration. Their renewal policies are horrid. I don't know how many times over the years I have specifically disabled auto-renew on domains, both on the web AND in person on the phone. And yet I STILL have domains auto-renewing! Today is the absolute last straw. I'm leaving them permanently and transferring my domain registrations elsewhere. A few months ago, despite specifically having auto-renew disabled, a personal domain of mine was auto-renewed on a company credit card and I had to jump through lots of hoops to get that canceled and refunded. Oh, and their prices are way too high compared to other registrars too. At least I hope. Can't log into the site at all right now, it just times out.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I have been with Network Solutions for over 20 years and the customer service is TERRIBLE. We are having issue with copy and paste within the email body because it is not working since 5 days. I have been 26 minute on hold after they simply hang up on me. They have several telephone number base on the service you want to contact but in fact they are ALL the same. If you call sale you'll get an answer immediately because that all matter to them. Tried to email them. Their email system is not working, they have a CHAT but no one to answer the chats. Only a message saying try later. I do not recommend this company at all!!! Will make the change as soon as my "contract" expire (domain name).

Original review: June 16, 2018

I recently took a position at an organization with a domain registered with Network Solutions by a former employee. I changed the contact name, security questions, etc. with the goal of transferring the domain to GoDaddy since I was a lot more familiar with that registrar. As soon as I got done with all the changes with Network Solutions - and confirmed everything with their customer service people twice - and had everything set up with GoDaddy to get the domain transferred - including entering a code provided by Network Solutions, Network Solutions locked the domain and cancelled the transfer “due to suspicious activities on the account” (me changing all the contact info). I called their support 3 times and was given 3 different timeframes for the domain to get unlocked, from 2 hours to 30 days to 60 days. So they’re holding our domain hostage for an undetermined amount of time. They don’t even deserve 1 star.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I purchased my domain name through NetworkSolutions.com about 4-5 months ago, paid over $450 for it. The domain doesn't expire for another 2 years... so no concerns with it expiring soon. I have not made any changes to the account, except to unlock it, which is required to get an authorization code. As I went through the process to get an authorization code, there were a couple of pop-up windows offering me a deal to stay and not transfer the domain name, I click continue to get the authorization code, instead of giving me an authorization code, it then says I have to wait 3 days. I immediately contacted support, they got back to me the next day saying I can call the authorization code much faster if I called. I told them I'm hearing impaired and can't use phones. They have not responded to both of my emails on that and still refusing to send me the authorization code. 3 days have passed and still no code.

Every other domain hosting company I've ever dealt with in the past gives me an authorization code within minutes of requesting it online. Why would a big company like Network Solutions want to go through so much trouble to keep one person from moving their domain name elsewhere? They have so many already. Also, why would they give a hearing impaired/handicap person such a hard time as well. There must be laws in place to deal with companies refusing to work around people's handicaps. I'm very concerned that Network Solutions may try to hijack my domain name now. Even though I have a Bill of Sale from them, their actions now appear to be of desperate people doing unethical business.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I've had several domains with Network Solutions; never did anything with them, just registered is all. I had set them all to auto renew. Several years later, I disabled auto renew on three of them. The problems: They auto-renewed DESPITE disabling. They auto-renewed 8 months BEFORE their expiration date. I had lost and replaced the credit card to which the NS account was linked; the provider, as a service they said, went ahead and allowed the charge. I have tried to disable auto-renew on the remaining domains: it keeps flipping back to "ok" to auto-renew.

I had a nice 10-minute chat with NS service rep. who said she needed the new credit card number and then when I refused that she then said she needed to put me on hold and the call was then disconnected. I spoke to CC company and they will put a hold on auto payment for this vendor for 15 months and will also contact NS about the fraudulent charge. I hope it can be reversed. So, here's the lesson: Do not do business with Network Solutions.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I created a user profile with a confidential email address for communication with NetSol. They used that email to notify me of a renewal (so now I think we have communication). They changed the email address they use to contact me, to the one that is public on WhoIs. Domain expires, notices go to fake email I listed for the spammers to collect from WhoIs. They charge me $35 for reinstatement (and $35 for domain). They will not allow me to move my domain away from NetSol, unless I put my contact email on the WhoIs (publicly available) so the SEO spammers and entire world can see my actual email address. They offer to sell me (surprise surprise) privacy at *another* charge.

Network Solutions is an outright theft and fraud organization. Don't EVER EVER purchase anything from them. 20 years ago, okay. BY THE WAY, my account and domain have been there for 20 years. Not anymore. As soon as I calm down, you can bet I will take everything I have there off of their servers. Forever. I will automatically move all clients away from there. If I can find any other way to take business away from them I will. Including printing information flyers and inserting them into books at Fry's and Micro Center. Tell your friends: Stay away from NetSol.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I had a website, ** for 20 years. Last November it came due for renewal and I missed it. Network solutions (Web.com?) bought it immediately. They did not remind me I needed to renew. They used my domain name, putting up a "pirate" site with some of my articles on it to pretend that I had "redone" the site. Then they added an article promoting health insurance, and gave a link where you could find "Top Rate" insurance. They turned my site into selling insurance. I sent them a registered letter (cost me over $12) instructing them to take down the copyrighted material, sent them an email at the address found online. There has been no change. I am getting a lawyer.

Original review: April 27, 2018

This company called a client of mine 2 years ago and my client is 70+ years of age and they convince her to buy her domain for 10 years. My client didn't understand what this was for and what she believed it was for was making a website. Two months later after the purchase she had her website shut down by the designers. Now she has been trying to get access to switching the servers for the Domain and it has been one issue after another. For some reason the phone number they have on file doesn't match nor the email. Yet, they were able to call her and charge her credit card for the Domain. I have three-way called this company with the client, they have sent us emails and we have supplied every form of ID requested 4 times now.

An email was received that the transfer would take place in 24 hours. Then I received an emailed 24 hours saying there was a glitch so it would be another 24. Then today I called and it's still not transferred, but they got an approval to push it through. It would finally be transferred in 30 minutes. Tonight I look again and it's still not transferred. When I called for now the 14th time they said, "Call a different department in the morning." AWFUL COMPANY! One issue after and I think they preyed on my client.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I've had to use Network Solutions for work because their services is what they used to purchase websites. I'm giving them two stars for several reasons, all of which are completely fixable. I had to laugh when I saw their average review was one star. Here is why I am dissatisfied:

1) You cannot opt out of their commercial email campaigns. According to their so-called "Privacy Policies", they are required to stay in contact with you regarding WHOIS/ICANN policies. I'm aware there are laws which require them to contact me every once in a while. The thing is they use this regulation as an excuse to send me junk mail and commercial emails I do not want every week, sometimes multiple times. At times, I have received at least 2-3 emails per week "reminding" me of services about to expire for various domains. I don't want reminders. I want to be unsubscribed.

I deactivated my domains for a reason. I don't want or need to be reminded every week which ones are going to expire. I want to be taken off their lists but there is no way to do that via email or their website. See the accompanying images. If there is a method to unsubscribe, then it is buried somewhere inside their hugely convoluted and user-un-intuitive website, which brings me to my next point.

2) Finding what I need when I want to manage domains on NS' site is a ridiculous chore. A few months ago I went into my panel and deactivated a ton of domain names. I thought the matter was settled and that I wouldn't be charged for them. About a month later, I was charged for services RELATED to the terminated domains - nearly $180 - services which I couldn't use if the domains were expired. I believe they were privacy services or something, not quite sure. So I had to call NS to have them reverse the charges, which they did to their credit. I'll give them one extra star for THAT consideration.

All of this could have been avoided if they made their user interface easier to navigate, but nope. They have billing for domains in one section, and billing for other services in another which are directly related to each other. Even then, you aren't quite sure if the the domains have been terminated until you log out and log back in again. Is this 1998?

3) Impossible to contact NS via email. I just found their "email" form, which turned out to be a 6 part SURVEY. After I was done with their survey, I got no indication they were contacted with my complaints, no indication of any further action on their part or whether they were looking into things. Image is attached for this as well.

Note the 1 out of 5 star review from 94 different people. Does anyone at NS even take into account this extremely poor feedback? The inability to unsubscribe from email notifications is the most bothersome aspect of all of this, and the major thrust behind giving them a 1 star review. I only bumped it up to 2 stars once I realized they had resolved my domain issue and reversed the charges, but it shouldn't even have been an issue to begin with. Because they won't allow me to unsubscribe, all of their emails and notifications get marked as spam and thrown in the trash. This is the biggest complaint I have about them. No other company forces me to receive their email communications. They all comply with my wish to have my inbox uncluttered with irrelevancies. Once the remainder of my domains expire, I'm moving to a new registrar.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Started many years ago with NetSol when there weren't other options. They were good for a long time but then everything turned to crap. Hard pressure sales (by phone and email), kept trying to get me to "renew" a domain that I'd never purchased, they make it really difficult to switch and spam the heck out of you. And their prices are really high. I transferred all my domains to GoDaddy so I would have to deal with the sleazy people at NetSol any more.

Original review: April 2, 2018

This company sends emails to you every day trying to suck more money from your wallet, they have horrible renewal prices and they make it difficult to transfer your domains away from them, making you explain and confirm the reason multiple times and they take over 3 days to send you the transfer codes all the while they try to convince you that they want your business. IF THEY WANTED MY BUSINESS THEY WOULD HELP ME INSTEAD OF BOTHER ME AND CHARGE ME TOO MUCH!!!

Original review: April 1, 2018

This is for people want to go with Network Solutions. I am a programmer and I wanted to set up my Windows platform for hosting. After repeating myself 3 times that I needed Windows platform, they end up giving me in for Linux anyway. Had to call them back and waited for 40 minutes for them to got it right. Then I needed to had a write a read permission to a folder. They want to charge me $59 for that. Support and sales have no IT and/or programming skills and they speak out of their ass. I get a better support from China, Honestly. Don't make a mistake going with this garbage company.

Original review: March 7, 2018

This company has just lost this longtime customer. I was trying to renew my business website hosting package. They ended up not only charging my business credit card, which I provided for the renewal, but they also double charged my PERSONAL PayPal account, which I NEVER gave them! It has taken nearly an hour to get them to return the second charge, which I cannot confirm since it "won't process for 3-7 days". Sure you can charge me instantly, but not return a fraudulent charge for up to a week?!? Last penny you will ever receive from me, Network No-solutions!

Original review: March 4, 2018

They will sell you the site for 1 dollar. They will then put their advertisement on it till the time you buy either a web hosting service from them or pay them to point to another host/web server. If you want to transfer the domain name, their company policy is to hold your domain till 60 days. I would have given them negative 1 if this site gave me an option.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I was a customer at Network Solutions for 15 years and I have seen the decline after they became a web.com company. You should be very careful when it comes to billing because they will happily charge you higher prices on renewal, and also withdraw multiple times for the same product. One such problem I experienced was that they added a free hosting service to my account without me needing nor wanting it. They did not give me the option to canceling it, but I was given the option of disabling the renew process. In the end they ignored the renew process and started charging me for a service I neither wanted nor needed, and they made sure that you could not disable the renewal until the next automatic renewal would take effect.

I contacted them about this and they refunded me for one month and told me that they only pay back within 45 days of the purchase of the service, that I didn't need nor ever used. It took me months to relocate my domains from these scam artists and they made sure that it would take multiple calls and tickets to their helpdesk, with extra charges and occasional refunds. Do not expect the website to just work when you intend to leave or when you are trying to avoid extra charges for services you will never want nor need. You are not their customer, you are simply a short term wallet that they intend to drain before you run away to a real service provider.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I've had an account with NS for nearly 10 years, with 2 domains, and most of that has been pure misery. The technology is outdated and full of bugs, and fixes generally aren't available because NS does not own the program, they lease it. When the program was "updated" several years ago it was incompatible with many browsers. It is now incompatible with MS Edge, so it only becomes worse over time. NS technical staff were/are largely incompetent with no knowledge of the software or how to accomplish anything, they resort to "you are pasting in formatted text" or "you are doing X wrong" as fallback. You can only stay calm for so long. How many times can you tell tech support "I am not doing X" and make them understand? It's because they are undertrained and have no "solutions" beyond the script.

What do you do when you've spent hours working on your site with no accomplishment? What do you do when after hours, days, even weeks their "technical support" tells you "I don't know"? I submitted screenshots of how the formatting did not work. I spent nearly a year unable to edit my site without it breaking apart. Ultimately the vendor made changes based on my complaint but many of the features don't work, you can't preview, and must work in a lengthy "compatibility mode" which means that you must create your OWN workarounds for problems YOURSELF. Moreover, you can return to your site months later and find pages that have "broken apart" and are not stable, so they don't look as you left them or expect they exist as.

It's very embarrassing because you never really have confidence in what your site is doing "behind your back." I made the choice to use NS after a lot of research and it seems as though it was based on dated information about their reputation. It is a decision I have regretted for years. Working with NS has sapped my energy and the only reason I haven't left is I would have to rebuild over 30 pages of content, one of which is more than 20,000 words, photos, etc. No more. I would rather struggle with that then continue with NS. Now they are taking days to issue a code so that I can transfer my domain? The drama and feel of being held hostage goes on and on.

Network Solutions expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Network Solutions offers customized web hosting plans. Customers choose the features they want and only pay for those, rather than paying for a plan that includes extra features they may not use.

• Provides WordPress hosting for blogs: Bloggers will appreciate being able to host WordPress and take care of all their blogging needs. WordPress can also be used to design a website without needing to know much in the way of code.

• Easy-to-use controls: It is easy to navigate the control panel and do what you want to do with this web host.

• Great customer support: There is 24/7 customer and technical support with low wait times, even during peak hours. The customer support line is toll-free. You can also get support via live chat and email.

• No matter how much you pay, you can only host one domain: Even if you pay for premium service, you cannot host multiple domains, which is inconvenient for small businesses and unworkable for web hosting companies.

• Unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes: If you are on a small budget, you probably will have to deal with limitations until you can afford to upgrade. Customers will need to pay premium prices for unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes.

• Service: Depending on the features you choose, you can end up paying a lot for web hosting.

• Best for: Bloggers, personal website owners, small business owners, artists and writers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs