3.29/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Network Solutions

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Network Solutions Reviews

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

My wife tried a 30 day free-trial with this company and cancelled service two days into it. They have been charging us for 40 months at $35/mo! After notifying them they pretty much said sorry the cancellation never went through and that we were responsible. DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

They just tried to extort $1250 from me because they wouldn't renew my domains, and now claim there is a "re-registration" period. They've proven to be deceitful every click. Just try to register a domain and look how many fake clicks they try to get you to take to buy services. Total Scam, stay away.

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Never, Never, Never have any services from them. They are the highest and the only one charging $35 for a domain compared to $9-17 that other registrar charges. They are still banking on domains that were registered 25 years ago. This was the best thing to happen internet and domain that the .com domain contract was taken back from them or else today the domain and internet will not have that ease which we have today. Their entire system is to trick and get more money out of you. They are the only registrar which takes 3 days to give authorization code and other registrar gives in a few minutes almost instantly.

Be the domain price, renewal price, whois privacy, 3 days for authorization code, charges for domain forwarding, unauthorized 60 days lock and the list goes on and on. Every service are tricked so that you pay more. And the best part, you call their customer service and you different reasons and different answers for your problem, and they can never help you because their systems is designed in such a way.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I have registered a lot of domains with different registrars and Network Solutions are by far THE VERY WORST in every aspect. Firstly, renewing domains I had screen recorded myself setting to not auto renew (because of a previous mishap where "I must not have done it correctly"), logging in on a different browser to see their status was indeed set to auto-renew "off". A few days later, I'm charged an EXTORTIONATE amount of money (they are one of those companies that tempt you in with a low price year 1, and stupidly high prices when it renews.

I was charged over $300 for around 7 domains that I had initially purchased for $0.99 cents each, I guess that's why they COULDN'T let me leave so decided to commit fraud, Paypal was no help at all despite explaining in detail what happened, they were back to me within a day saying I can't claim for a refund. So they responded quickly and probably know just what to say to make Paypal reject you. I had to leave around 20 domain names on there and take off my card (at which point I couldn't even transfer my domains - 1 or 2 were worth a lot of money.. Do you work with Network Solutions. They will find a way to put you in debt, laughing along the way. AVOID.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I am a blogger and hosted with Network Solutions monthly package just to check their service and give a review on web hosts on my Youtube Channel. I used Network Solutions service for a couple of months for 6 dollars per month. Then they gave me free support time for a month which I subscribed. After a month they when the time of renewal was coming I told them not to renew it and cancel the subscription as I never used the free time and that service was not needed. It costed 20 Dollars I think but they tried to charge me even I said not to charge but due to no balance in card they failed (The debit card I used with them was specifically for online payments).

After a month when I thought they will now charge me they did charged again but with lower value which was 15.99 and this time there was balance in my card. They looted me without asking me and their renewal system can not be turned off for specific service and they will reply your email if you will complain such behavior but they will not return your money or unsubscribe that service. They said to unsubscribe I will have to call them and from a foreign country that will also cost some money. The thing I did is that I have blocked my Debit card and asked for a new one.

They will loot you so do not use them and they will force you as you can stop subscription of the service. There are better services so do not use Network Solutions which is owned by Web.com. I am not the first victim they are fooling many others. I have used Google cloud, internetbs, namesilo and Amazon but they do not act this way if once auto renew fails. They will ask you for the second time. They are scams they will try to get money out of your account with lower values.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I just signed on with Network Solutions to host my website. I'm not a business. I have a friend who was hosting my site. However, he decided to shut down his hosting service. I selected Network Solutions because I had worked with them in the past with no issues. This time I learned that it would cost about $145 to have their tech support do the migration between servers. Fortunately, my friend did that for me.

Today I attempted to go to the file manager as a user, to add an SSL Certificate to find that I'm locked out of my own public_html files and so could not do so, for they only show minimal files. When I did for it, I received the message it didn't exist. After a long chat with them I was advised that a Tech Support person would have to be called in to "help" me for, I think she said when asked, $179. When I asked why I couldn't see the Public_html file, she said she couldn't answer that... that tech support would have to be called. And of course it would cost. That time I didn't ask how much. I told them that I was going to shop around for another web host. From the information supplied by other reviewers, it is clear that I made a very big mistake.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

When refusing to renew a domain via their 5-10 email requests, they inadvertently renewed it anyways saying all domains are set to auto-renewal unless canceled. Who has time for that? I feel bad for the people that have to make a living working for this company and will never use them again!

Original review: June 15, 2019

Let me keep this brief -- NETWORK SOLUTIONS SUCKS! It is very difficult to cancel your account. You have to speak with multiple members of the loyalty team, who are difficult to deal with. Reminds me of the contracts gyms in the '90s used. Network Solutions is stuck in the 90s as well. Go elsewhere. In summary, Network Solutions such!

Original review: June 15, 2019

I certify that this review is 100% accurate. I spent almost 1 hour on the phone with a Network Solutions person trying to fix a WordPress SSL site issue. They asked me to install Really Simple SSL after we purchased the SSL service from them. The install broke the site admin. What was the final solution from them? They removed the https from the database and said I need to figure out how to fix the plugin. And the final thing she said...maybe I should call WordPress.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Not sure how the domain I began administrating got on this service in the first place. I have gotten their warning emails and letters for my domains in the past and always just disregard them. I'm sure it was some employee that didn't know better. Here is my experience with this wonderful company. It took three phone calls and two chats to just get into the account to change the DNS. Once the login was set, I tried to unlock the domain to transfer it when I noticed it was expiring. Was informed that it wouldn't be unlocked until the 1st. I tried again on the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th. Couldn't unlock it. It expired on the 6th and was redirected on the 7th.

I signed on again today, figuring that it had to be unlocked by now and after 3 hours of chatting, having to set up a second admin account and getting the run-around, I was informed that the domain would not be unlocked for 30 days. Meaning the only way to get the domain back up and pointing correctly was to wait 30 days or renew. I had noticed that when I tried to unlock it and transfer the domain, one of the 4 warning pages gave me the option to renew at a lower rate. Unlike the $35 yearly renewal with a reactivation fee of $53, it was only about $18. Even then it tried to tack on a number of additional services and another $35. For some reason when I changed the billing to PayPal invoice all the fees went away. Showing that after $18 as renewed for the year.

Back to chatting with Jimmy **. Either this guy is the only customer service rep they have or there are a lot of Jimmy **s at this company because I've talked to at least 5 of them now. So, after I paid he tried to tell me that I had only renewed the email service and to get my website back up, I need to pay another $75. I then cut and pasted the invoice and he backed off. When I asked how soon the DNS would be corrected, good old helpful Jimmy ** told me 48 to 72 hours. If this company contacts you, look up your domain on who is and if they are not listed as the registrar they are phishing you. Disregard it and contact your real registrar. In most cases, this will be your host service.

Network Solutions expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Network Solutions offers customized web hosting plans. Customers choose the features they want and only pay for those, rather than paying for a plan that includes extra features they may not use.

• Provides WordPress hosting for blogs: Bloggers will appreciate being able to host WordPress and take care of all their blogging needs. WordPress can also be used to design a website without needing to know much in the way of code.

• Easy-to-use controls: It is easy to navigate the control panel and do what you want to do with this web host.

• Great customer support: There is 24/7 customer and technical support with low wait times, even during peak hours. The customer support line is toll-free. You can also get support via live chat and email.

• No matter how much you pay, you can only host one domain: Even if you pay for premium service, you cannot host multiple domains, which is inconvenient for small businesses and unworkable for web hosting companies.

• Unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes: If you are on a small budget, you probably will have to deal with limitations until you can afford to upgrade. Customers will need to pay premium prices for unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes.

• Service: Depending on the features you choose, you can end up paying a lot for web hosting.

• Best for: Bloggers, personal website owners, small business owners, artists and writers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs