Network Solutions

Compare Web Hosting

Research top Web Hosting recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Surprised they're still in business, charging for Domain Forwarding... It's actually and extra. What? LOL. Somehow my newly purchased on auction domain got assigned to NS. What a nightmare. I'm a developer and I will never advise my clients to purchase domains from you.

Since taken over (destroyed) by Web.com I have had the following issues. Charged for services they don't provide. Charged for services not required or improper. Impossible to reach (over an hour with no contact). So poorly trained that one doesn't know what the other is doing.

I attempted to update my website by changing to a WordPress format. Seemed simple enough, as NS had a WordPress application, which only required an install. It is now 3 days later, my WordPress is not working, both of my websites are inoperable and both domains point to the same site, with their "under construction" template blazing across the top. I have spent the last 3 days placing more than 10 calls to their service centers, with each call lasting approximately 1 -2 hours. My website designer was also included in the call but to no avail. NS kept creating new tickets saying they would escalate my issue as a priority. Well, it is still not working. I have moved over to Twitter as I tired of constantly being placed on "hold" while they "check things out."

Needless to say, they are the absolute worst. I have been with them for more than 5 years, but this is unacceptable, considering this is supposed to be their area of expertise... domains and hosting. When I asked for direct contact for an executive level, I was met with curt replies and no answer to my request. Initially, the customer service people were respective and friendly, now they are dismissive, which is mind-boggling considering this of no fault or error on my part. This is a hosting problem, which is their field of business. This delay in getting my services back up has cost me time, money and credibility of my product. Shame on Network Solutions.

This service has really deteriorated. Every couple of weeks I notice that I'm not receiving emails. I call Network Solutions. A polite, maybe not so knowledgeable person restarts my email, often with some missing. I ask where they went, they say "spam filter." These are often messages from me to me. There's no way to get them back. They are extremely cagey about why their spam filter doesn't like me. They agreed to "white list" me as a sender - didn't help. Note that real spam does just fine getting through their 'spam filter.'

Much of the spam is missing its 'to field' and when I unsubscribe demands to know which email address to unsubscribe. Until today, it was possible to do a right click, select 'view page source' and look for the 'apparently to field'. Now they've effectively removed that service and are willing only to show source for the body of the email - with all line breaks removed by the way. Perhaps the spammers complained and/or paid for an upgrade.

This is the worst company I have EVER done business with. They charge outrageous amounts of money for the most basic services. Then when you try to transfer away from them to a more economical web hosting service they hold your domain name hostage and conveniently "lose" the correspondence regarding the transfer. Then they auto charge you months before you are due to renew. They send thousands of emails about additional services you can buy. Their servers go down for days and your website is unavailable while they "address the problem." They charge "reinstatement" fees because their system didn't let you know something was about to expire before it actually expires. AWFUL, AWFUL customer service. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR ANY SERVICE WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?

I have many domains and services from Net Solutions, and have been with them for years. Last week 3 domains of mine expired, I figured it was fine since I have it on auto renew, like all of my domains. Well something happened and the domains never renewed themselves, and I had to manually do it - still no big deal. I decided to only renew 1 since the others I never used anymore. I was charged an extra "reinstatement" fee which several people I talked to said could not be removed...

Even though I pointed out this was their mistake they claim it wasn't, telling me my credit card was expired! This was a clear lie because they kept referencing an old card linked to an account that wasn't even linked to the expired domains. I have all kinds of screenshots of the lies that were told to me, this is truly a terrible company. Another discrepancy I came across was the expiration of the domain listed on Net Solutions's site to the whois site - the difference was a whole year! When I asked them about it they had said, "That doesn't matter, what matters is what our site says." That really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Lastly, I get 2 emails today saying those other two expired domains have been renewed! How did those 2 magically get renewed when the other one hadn't? Plus I was charged another reinstate fee! If I can give negative stars I would. This company is a joke, and it's only a matter of time before they get sued for bogus business practices. They are just legally stealing money at this point. I will be finding a new company to fit my needs that actually cares about their customers.

I can't believe scamming tactics this company uses to keep you as a customer. Every click in the user interface will try to lure you into paying more for services that are either free or not needed when you use another domain provider. The yearly fee is ridiculously high. I am trying to move the domain names that I manage over to Google Domains and Network Solutions is making it almost impossible to do so. Network Solutions are not releasing the names so I can re-register elsewhere. Buyer beware! Stay away from Network Solutions due to their scamming tactics. I wish that I can give them negative stars.

We took our Network Solutions concerns about hosting and mail deficiencies to David Brown, the CEO of its parent company Web.com. Response initially came from a Jonathan ** who promised a follow-up from Level 2 tech support. No response or follow-up ever came and we were unable to reach Jonathan ** again. Network Solutions was once a top company that now seems hopelessly drowning in rising technological overload with an unhealthy emphasis on selling rather than delivering solutions. Web.com investors might want to take note.

Two years ago we paid $1349.00 for a two year renewal with NS. This year we paid $927.00 for a one year renewal. Once they get you signed up, they jack the prices skyward. Very difficult to change to a different host. From what I have read, they block access to your domain name. This company has been under review for questionable business practices, by the FTC. Easy to find on a Google search. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM, YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!

This company has very questionable ways of dealing with things. My client had an ongoing payment for web hosting on Network Solutions and was not able to get a refund so we can spend the money elsewhere. I called customer service because I needed help with Wordpress, and they just kept insisting that it's as easy as setting up using their guide through their support page. WRONG! Also, the marketing in Network Solutions is just strange as it tells you that you need this and that, and some of their advertisements for customers to pay for additional options looks almost like shady advertisements on torrent websites.

The control panel for web hosting looks completely old and confusing. There is no easy way to install Wordpress and have the Wordpress homepage go directly to the domain that I choose. This should be a basic function without having to do all that unnecessary work. But this company provides no easy way for those who use Wordpress as a content management system. In addition to my inability to get Wordpress functioning properly, I received page errors like internal server errors and 404 errors before my Wordpress is even set up!

Lastly, if I need help with the problems stated above, I have to do a Google search for everything to come up. And when I do search, I get little to no results even from Network Solutions' own website for troubleshooting. I would never want to deal with Network Solutions again. I rather pay MY client money to leave this company than to spend countless hours figuring out all this stuff. I could've built the website by now.

If you buy a domain, it is very difficult to get rid of it. They will turn auto-renew on in a very questionable way. I finally realized how they operate, and will not explain details, but ASK ABOUT this policy. Once you give them your credit card, it is nearly impossible to cancel a domain. They will keep getting you. I am laughing at just how deceitful this company's practices are.

This company is a SCAM!!! They charge .com businesses $39.99 for a .net name. We DID NOT authorize a .net address for our website through this company. They will charge your credit card or PayPal account WITHOUT your authorization. You will have to fight them and will be placed on hold for 30 minutes while they pretend to look into the unauthorized charges.

As a small business owner, trying to change my primary contact owner information with Network Solutions is one of the most difficult things that I have ever done. I have spent more than 15 hours of my time in the past month between phone calls, emails, checking to see that they received emails (which they didn't at least 50% of the time), scanning in documents to prove change in ownership, emailing said documents in various different formats that their "system" didn't support, and essentially jumping through a different hoop that was placed in front of me every time I contacted them. It was important that I change my contact information as the email address listed went to a "dead account", so we didn't get invoices and our website went down when it wasn't paid on time.

I was never able to speak with the same person twice. I asked - they replied that there were no direct lines. One time, I was told that the person who had helped me previously worked from home and I could only contact her via email. That would be a great option, if she hadn't reported not receiving my emails 50% of the time as mentioned above. Every time I called and explained and re-explained my situation, I got a different answer. When I asked for a supervisor, I was not transferred to one. I was told once that I would be called back that morning and never received a phone call. Multiple times, operators clearly gave me something to do just to get me off the phone. Other small business owners will understand that you cannot spend this amount of time solving a problem with a company that doesn't care about their customers or want the business. Please consider saving yourself a lot of headaches and going with another company!

I was 2 days late renewing my domain after owning it for 10 years. Network Solution's discount offer to renew for $9.99 is completely misleading. In their agreement they say that they will hold your domain for 30 days after expiration and here they are trying to charge me $9.99 for being 2 days late. Yes it says that it's a discount offer but in fact it's a penalty. They are insisting that I also pay $35.97 one-time REINSTATEMENT fee which is how much the renewal for 1 year costs.

I call and predictably get put on forever hold when I explain what I am calling about. After about 30 minutes wait they finally connect me with a very rude customer service representative who predictably has no supervisor. She talks circles around me and denies that their website says anything about 30 days grace. Eventually I give in and ask her to renew over the phone with my credit card number. She completely refuses to renew and tells me that I have to go through the $9.99 special offer. After a lot of yelling she takes all my credit card info and announces while laughing out loud that the change is $75.97 forcing me to go through the $9.99 special offer and signing the agreement to protect themselves against the fraud they are committing.

This is not the first time I've been scammed by Network Solutions. They tried to charge me for various random services through PayPal which is tied to my American Express. PayPal helped me to set up a block and American Express got my money refunded. The worst part about Network Solutions is that together with GoDaddy they own the duopoly on domain names. This gives them the ticket to scam businesses and consumers alike. If anyone knows of any class action lawsuits please notify me. Thank you.

Their Domain Name - Manage website page has a large banner-sized upsell graphic box for purchasing a recurring-cost "Premium DNS" for $4/month. In HTML terms, they've created a large area which will purchase this service in one-click fashion (rather than including an "Are you sure?" feature). And finally, they put the "No, thanks..." link inside this box in a tiny font, maximizing the chances that you'll miss it. Add to this the 30-minute hold time they force you to wait through to get to a support person who has the authority to remove recurring purchases, the forced movement of your DNS records to a third-party, the required time to now move them back (and the subsequent loss of your services in the meantime) equals a horrendous experience trying to get your life back. Be very wary of their point-of-sale interface. It's deceptive and they know it. They made it to be that way and they must think that customers are stupid and lazy.

Haven't had an account with them for 6 years (long, ugly story), and after all this time of not having an account with them of any kind they charged my card for $120 for no reason two weeks ago. When I saw the charge Pending I called, but was told they couldn't do anything about it until it went from Pending to Posted. So 2 weeks later I call again, and the customer service person gets completely snippy with me, won't use the account number I got on my first 20 minute call to them about this to look up the billing details. Same terrible customer service as 6 years ago. Avoid these rip off artists like the plague.

Hi here from Spain. Today we are on 12/12/16, I'm still trying to quit from NETSOL since 10/10/16 like 2 full month. So on all this days I've been sending formal request to them to reset my password, then when I seen I was not able to TURN OFF Transfer then I see that I have to Request a Manual turn off. So I'm still waiting this. Under my opinion, NETSOL is worse company ever seen. All their customer service departments are Fakes designers to make the customer waste time while they are paying this bad service. There is literally no chance to go away of Netsol from Outside USA (Spain). My domain have like 22 years old and I'm tired of paying like 35 Euro yearly since I can maintain for 3-4 times less. If anyone can recommend me a way to make it faster? I just wanna quit from NETSOL. Thanks a lot.

NO SUPERVISORS TRY TO STRONG ARM BILL Handel Customers. This company should be put out of business. Do not go to them to set-up anything relating to your business matters. Once you do, you will need your products. However, you will not get any customer service politeness, long holds, unauthorized charges and threats to disconnect your account. Do not Auto renew and do not authorize them to use your PayPal account. They try to say that when they have to make adjustments and you have to authorize them to make all charges. RUN!!!

I checked my bank account and discovered multiple instances of automated debit card charges from Network Solutions. I called Network Solutions and was notified that my account was suspended for "disputing charges". Network Solutions informed me that the charges were monthly charges for 4-months of "Domain Hosting" services. I told them I didn't request any domain hosting services and did not have any domains that was hosted by Network Solutions. They insisted I pay for the charges before my account would be re-activated. I repeated the fact that "I didn't ask for domain services and I didn't use any domain services". After 20 minutes on the phone arguing with the phone rep, and asking to speak with his supervisor, about 5 minutes later, he returned to the phone saying "his supervisor could not change their account suspension decision".

I eventually called back and spent another 10 minutes talking with a different phone rep, who eventually told me they would remove the account suspension. About a month later, when my account was due for its annual renewal and it did not auto renew as I scheduled, I discovered that my account was still suspended. After spending another 15 minutes on the phone waiting while another rep looked up the notes from my previous phone call, he apologized and said the account should have been off suspension, and finally they cleared up the "suspension" issue. (By the way, my two.com accounts cost me $37.99 each for annual renewal... I have since transferred them to a host that charges me $11.99 each).

You sold my domain name, trackman.com. I had this for 19 years, had auto pay, my credit card numbers was changed because it got missing. Never got a warning from you? Network Solutions I got no email renewal notice. No notice after the fact. No warning that if I don't pay they would delete everything. trackman.com. I checked my emails, all I got from Network Solutions was how I could promote trackman.com. With this in mind, I thought everything was alright? This is one many emails I got, none stating that I was going to lose trackman. Going to call attorney general office! This is the emails I got from you. "Promote trackman.com on top search engines. Network Solutions [networksolutions@info1.networksolutions.com]." You billed me under a different company??? And I stop payment. You're nothing in my book, but of users.

In the month of September and October I called 5 times, and was repeatedly placed on hold, including today October 20, and was always place on hold, and always they tried to sell me what I didn't want. In fact I was put on hold again tonight 4 times, disconnected once, and switched from one team to another for a total of four teams, without a cure for nearly $600 in billing errors, including products that I never ordered and declined to buy.

After an 64 minutes wasted, with people from four teams I was told that yet another team needed to fix the problem...The so-called "loyalty" team which is actually a sales team. And I have to call tomorrow. I dealt with James **, Catlin **, and Joanne "billing team/Domains", with no success in resolving my billing complaint. After 64 minutes on the phone I was told to call back to talk with the loyalty team tomorrow. 6+ hours wasted with network solutions trying to fix my product and billing problems. Absolutely shockingly.

They used to be a good company, but when web.com purchased them it's been downhill from there. Their website is NOT easy to use, and it's aimed at upselling you everywhere at the expense of being easy to use. Their customer service is not all that helpful, their staff is mediocre at best and because you can't even do some things in their gui (ie mail domain keys) they were directly responsible for bringing down our email service (but they assured me that they were very sorry for that). Their website and voice response system assure you that they have improved their customer service but I see no evidence of that. As you can imagine we moved all our domains somewhere else (hover) and will never do business with these people again.

Wow, what an unbelievable experience this has been. Changed my email forwarding over to Network Solutions May 31, 2016. PRE-paid for one year of "My Time Support" their version of premium support, (BTW this is a 3rd party vendor). I used them to help get all of my devices set up. By the time we got to my laptop, the tech was trying to flush the call, said I had used this month's time for support! (BTW, the sales rep at Network Solutions failed to tell me this little detail.) After I insisted the tech finish, he put me on hold for 6 min, then came back & said he would use time from next month's support to finish, then he was TICKED and made sure I knew it! From that day forward my laptop has had problems - contacts won't sync, lost contacts and COUNTLESS app crashes!

When I call and speak with one of their "ACE tech support team members" (tongue in cheek), no notes had been logged from my last call so we start over in each call. Each tech has a different idea that creates yet another problem on top of old problem. One guy, said he needed to look into it and call me back, of course never called back. I think they found these guys on the way in to work one day! They not only don't have a CLUE, but have actually done damage to my contact logs! I have regular app crashes, fatal error messages, server time out messages. When writing an email, Outlook doesn't recognized my contacts, it's unbelievable...and who do you call? There is NO place to escalate your support issues to find a resolution! Which is why I'm writing this review.

Most HORRIBLE company I ever dealt with!!! Called numerous times to make sure that our business website would not get affected when we downgrade our package and after doing so, we just found out that NS deleted everything. We've been waiting for a supervisor to give us a call for over a week now and nothing... Now our website has been down for several weeks and none of them was able to put it back. Need to sue this company. This is not RIGHT!

I have NEVER dealt with a more incompetent service than Network Solutions. After spending over 30 minutes on hold trying to reach a real person, I found the person to be very rude and unprofessional. I was simply trying to change the email on an existing account and you would have thought I was applying to work for the CIA. Their staff is simply incompetent and apathy in every way. They sent me multiple emails requesting additional verification information. Every time I sent back the requested information, they would find another reason to disqualify it and ask for additional information. Their reasoning had no basis in common sense.

After sending an over-abundance of information, they then had an issue with my wife name being on the information. After multiple emails, I called the company again to complain about their incompetence. After another 30 minute hold time, I was met with complete belligerence. They had no problem accepting my credit card information to renew a domain name but try to change an email address and it's nearly impossible. Making the situation worse was the attitude exhibited by all Network Solutions personnel I dealt with. Horrible company.

I could write a book on the horrendous experiences I have had with Network Solutions over the past few years but wouldn't even know where to start. This particular complaint however is specific to the continual spam messages I am receiving from Network Solutions, despite my request for them to stop. After a phone call to them in late January to address an email issue, a support ticket was created to solve the issue. Shortly after I received an email as follows: "I wanted to provide you with a status update on your ticket # that was sent to our Engineering teams for resolution. We are still working on your issue and will contact you as soon as we have additional information for you or if we require any additional details from you. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue is causing." This was on January 24.

I then received the same automated useless email again on: Jan 25, Feb 1, Feb 15, Feb 16, March 12, March 20, March 24, March 26 (twice on this one day!), April 1, April 2 (at which time I sent them a message asking them to stop spamming me...which obviously was ignored as I continued to receive the same message again), June 3, June 22, July 1, July 6, July 16... This relentless automatic message saying they are "working on the issue" for 6 months simply screams at their complete incompetency, and their refusal to stop spamming me despite my request to stop is simply another example of how they talk big but at the end of the day care very little about their customer service experience. Network Solutions... STOP spamming me and filling my inbox with your pointless emails which only prove your incompetence!

I have been a long time Network Solutions customer. Somewhat recently, I began paying monthly for hosting services ($18.95). I had the occasion to review those payments today and discovered that Network Solutions has its own definition of a month. Since the beginning of the year, I've paid my "monthly" bill every 28 days, 27 days, 28 days, 28 days, 28 days, 28 days and 25 days! By the end of the year, I will have paid "monthly" 13 to 13.5 times! I got ZERO satisfaction from my phone conversation from them.

First, they agree that they bill monthly every 28 days, so they willingly admit that they rip off customers for at least most of one month. Then, they just DENIED that they took the payment at 27 and 25 days. It's in black and white on my bank account, but that doesn't matter. STAY AWAY FROM THIS RIPOFF COMPANY!!! I will be looking elsewhere for my services.

I have been building a website using the Network Solutions diy package. It is obvious that they are trying to steer you into paying them to do the site for you. Their documentation is "lousy" at best and you are not able to do the procedures unless you have extensive experience in building websites and Unix systems. There are a couple of decent people on the chat support who actually know what they are doing and are willing to provide you with guidance. Their account manager website is confusing and difficult to navigate. I would not recommend their packages unless you can do almost all of this on your own without asking them for help.

Today I found out that Network Solutions sold my domain name, apparently it had come up for renew in March and according to Network Solutions they only contact you by email. I must get 30 or more emails from Network Solutions a month trying to get me to purchase something, you get to a point where you just delete emails like this.

Talked to a sales rep about this and she stated I could buy it back from the company that bought it for the price of $ 1,600.00. Her reply was well to put it in perspective she had a client that was willing to pay $ 7,000.00 for a Domain Name, needless to say I was far from pleased with her response. I asked "Don't you send a notice via regular mail for something of this importance, I mean what if an email changes, you don't think to pick up the phone and call everyone who has your old email to give them your new one!" Her response "well we only notify by email." I find this unacceptable. I encourage anyone who is doing business with Network Solutions to get out, and if your considering Network Solutions please don't, they are a disservice to the domain registry business.

My business has dealt with Network Solutions for many years and have renewed our domain name with them every few years depending on how long I had signed up for. They would notify my business by email when the domain name needed to be renewed. They had my credit card information on file. Apparently my domain name was due to be renewed in March and apparently Network Solutions sent an email. Unfortunately our email had changed in the last three years and I never received the notification. What did they do - try calling my phone number? Try going to the website and contacting me through that? No. They put my domain name up for sale and now some company wants $1000 for me to buy it back from them my own domain name. Not only did they purchase it but they also bought up every other website associated with my name in order for me to pay them for anything to do with my domain name in the future.

I will not be blackmailed into buying back my own site and my own domain name that I have had for 15 years. I will never deal with this company ever again and I suggest to anyone thinking of it to think again. Their sales staff and responses to my concerns were met with, "Can't do anything now so pay up the $1000 I guess". To add insult, Network Solutions on their website is offering me a chance to buy it back at $1000 plus another $9.95/month to keep it safe in the future. Good luck on that. Thank goodness our advertising and reviews are so strong, we don't need the website so they can pay for all those websites for years to come. My domain name was 'The Stone Hedge B&B' and it will always be 'The Stone Hedge in Richmond, B.C. Canada'. Look us up on Expedia and Booking.com. No wonder this company is receiving so many bad reviews. They deserve it.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Network Solutions offers customized web hosting plans. Customers choose the features they want and only pay for those, rather than paying for a plan that includes extra features they may not use.

• Provides WordPress hosting for blogs: Bloggers will appreciate being able to host WordPress and take care of all their blogging needs. WordPress can also be used to design a website without needing to know much in the way of code.
  • Easy-to-use controls: It is easy to navigate the control panel and do what you want to do with this web host.
  • Great customer support: There is 24/7 customer and technical support with low wait times, even during peak hours. The customer support line is toll-free. You can also get support via live chat and email.
  • No matter how much you pay, you can only host one domain: Even if you pay for premium service, you cannot host multiple domains, which is inconvenient for small businesses and unworkable for web hosting companies.
  • Unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes: If you are on a small budget, you probably will have to deal with limitations until you can afford to upgrade. Customers will need to pay premium prices for unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes.
  • Service: Depending on the features you choose, you can end up paying a lot for web hosting.
  • Best for Bloggers, personal website owners, small business owners, artists and writers.

Compare Web Hosting