2.7/5 (637 ratings)

About Network Solutions

Network Solutions Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?

Original review: June 21, 2022

You people are supposed to keep www.smart-plank.com live. Today we were supposed to promote our website at a golf outing. Our site is down. we have spent several thousand dollars to be at this event, and we cannot show our site. Our dissatisfaction is off the charts!

Original review: June 21, 2022

Network Solutions used to be the best company But Not Anymore. My website is down for the past 2 days and I'm trying to reach someone for help. Nobody is helpful anymore. It's not the first time that its happening. It went down 6-7 times in the past few months. I really don't know what's happening to network solution company. But I'm going to transfer my account to another company. Also the 24/7 support is not there anymore. I called this morning. The girl on the phone was super super rude then I ask for the supervisor and she put the call on hold for 1 hour and 31 minutes then the call dropped. Not happy at all.

Get buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2022

I have used Network Solutions for years and it's been horrible. They made it extremely difficult to switch my services over so I kept putting it off. The customer service is horrible, and even after spending 2 days transferring my services and canceling everything I'm still getting charged. I've never hated a company more.

Original review: June 3, 2022

This review is not based on a single experience but many experiences in the last couple of years. Today was just the last straw. I am a systems engineer who manages many customer domains and email accounts. Network Solutions used to be the go to company for these types of services. Now support puts you on hold for long periods of time and you are sent overseas to who knows where, where they don't do anything for you but waste your time. It is very frustrating. I will be migrating all of my accounts away from Network Solutions to another company that still cares about support and service. Beware if you are considering any mission critical services with this registrar/hosting company. You will regret it.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Our emails went down, They lied about changing servers (without warning) and Provided me (Fake) new servers. In the end, the service was just down. They are not the worst Hosting or IT company I have ever dealt with. They are JUST the worst company. They lost my business. I hate NS with a Passion.

Original review: June 3, 2022

This company (Network Solutions) will use shady tactics to renew services you don't use. Check the tiny letters at the bottom of your services because they will charge you even if you're not using the service.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I have been a customer of Network Solutions since 1996.. Yet recently I have tried to add a domain to my account. I went to the Add Domain to purchase another domain. I put my name in and it shows me options of extensions.. I choose the .film ext and added to my cart. Purchased the domain.. Only to receive an email a day later saying it couldn't be fulfilled. So I called their customer support.. (Which seems to be manned by a bunch of incompetent idiots.). You have to spend nearly an hour explaining the problem to them and they feed you lines that a blatantly false. So my first call three days ago, when I was finally put in touch with a tech, he said there must have been a glitch in their system because the domain is registered to me, but not showing up in their system and an refund is issued. I don't want the refund. I simply want access to the domain..

They put in a ticket to escalate.. OK.. Then a day later, I get a response from the escalation, that they don't support .FILM extensions.. I found that rather odd, since my choosing the .FILM extension was because their website (Network Solutions) presented it to me as an option to add to my cart.. which I did. They even charge a premium fee as well.. which I originally questioned but then agreed. So for them to say they don't support .FILM Extensions begs the question why do they sell something they KNOW they don't support? Well after many hours of arguing with their support, finally some back office tech said they DO support .FILM.. Which then begs the question why do their other support people claim the opposite? Are they just idiots?

The problem gets worse from there. Now that they claimed they don't support the .FILM, but they also locked up the domain with ICANN.. and so I can't buy the domain from with anyone else that supports the .FILM.. I asked them to release it if they aren't going to support it.. Once again their support claimed they didn't lock it up, and they can't do anything about it. That if I wanted to get the domain I should call ICANN, which I did.. and ICANN Informed me that NS is the register of the domain and was surprised they were claiming they couldn't support .FILM since they had registered the domain. And they in fact registered it at the very time I was buying it. Which confirms the original technician's "Glitch" comment and objectively refutes the five other Support agents who claimed it wasn't supported by NS and they didn't register the domain. Basically their support agents are flat out lying.

So I go back to NS as ICANN advised and go through another hour on a phone with a support Shawn.. Who is trying to be helpful, and it was he who did inform me that they do support .FILM just as ICANN proved., but can't seem to get the problem solved and puts in another escalation ticket.. From which I'm told I must wait another 48 hours.. So it's been almost 4 days, and 10 hours of phone calls with NS on the domain issue that THEY CREATED, but seem to be in complete denial despite OBJECTIVE tangible evidence that they created a mess. The bottom line resolution I want is either attach the domain to may account and let me use it.. As was the original intent.. Or release it from ICANN so I can take my business elsewhere. I have sent a message to their CEO Sharon Rowlands, waiting to see if that resolves the issue.. to date no resolution.

My review is that NS has some serious problems with customer service and their own back office operations.. If they don't support certain domains they shouldn't be selling them on their website.. It's seems to me to be a crime to take people money even for a day on a false pretense .. When they KNOW up front they don't support what they are selling.. It's like someone stealing from you on the street.. And then giving your money back the next day.. Doesn't change the fact they stole from you the day before. I hope Sharon can address their back office incompetency and serious credibly issues with support.. Until then my review would be to AVOID Network Solutions.

Resolution response: June 5, 2022

Tried to cancel 5 times. Was a complete nightmare. Every single interaction with them was trying to not help me.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I was on the phone 5 hours trying to get 1 thing fixed. Never got fixed. I try to cancel, they say they did and didn't. They also lie about prices one day to the next completely opposite. They don't care at all they have a recorder saying you can write a review at the end but in 20 calls I never got routed to one or a call back. The price of the domain is 4000 times higher than anyone else if you buy it with hosting. They scam you when you want to cancel your hosting and keep the domain. As of now all the photos on my website are cut off this week, fine last week and they don't care, telling me to tell everyone to use a specific browser. Horrible.

Original review: June 1, 2022

If I could give this company zero stars I would. This company does not care about you or the business you lose due to their horrible services. Every time this company does an update we lose access to our email for days, sometimes even weeks. It doesn't matter how many times I call for support for help, nothing gets fixed. This time we lost email completely for 4 days. Once some of our employees (some, not all) started receiving emails. Again our emails over the down time were not there. I have yet to recover emails lost during that period and it's been two weeks. I have called the company 5 times and our owner has called twice.

Every time they say they will "escalate" the ticket but this means nothing. You will never receive a call back, nothing will be fixed, you will not recover lost emails. After enough time has passed they will just close the ticket hoping you don't notice. I've had to call and reopen an issue ticket on more than one occasion because it was closed out without any resolution. I do not have control over changing our service provider and unfortunately the owner is only looking at cost of service and not the business we jeopardize by not having access to our emails. I don't know the cost of this service but I wouldn't use it even if it was free.

Original review: May 20, 2022

NS handled our email and site hosting. We have been with them for 20+ years. On Monday of this week we noticed our email was down. After a week of dealing with the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I have ever experienced, we dropped them and got a new provider. We lost a lot of business. I'm suspicious that no one at the company actually did anything to help us get back up. Every time id call (and sit on hold for an hour) they'd have no record of our ongoing case. I'm still in shock, this is the most indifferent, disorganized, disloyal and disrespectful company I've ever done business with.

Network Solutions author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Network Solutions offers customized web hosting plans. Customers choose the features they want and only pay for those, rather than paying for a plan that includes extra features they may not use.

• Provides WordPress hosting for blogs: Bloggers will appreciate being able to host WordPress and take care of all their blogging needs. WordPress can also be used to design a website without needing to know much in the way of code.

• Easy-to-use controls: It is easy to navigate the control panel and do what you want to do with this web host.

• Great customer support: There is 24/7 customer and technical support with low wait times, even during peak hours. The customer support line is toll-free. You can also get support via live chat and email.

• No matter how much you pay, you can only host one domain: Even if you pay for premium service, you cannot host multiple domains, which is inconvenient for small businesses and unworkable for web hosting companies.

• Unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes: If you are on a small budget, you probably will have to deal with limitations until you can afford to upgrade. Customers will need to pay premium prices for unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes.

• Service: Depending on the features you choose, you can end up paying a lot for web hosting.

Network Solutions Company Information