3.5/5 (179 ratings)

About Network Solutions

Network Solutions Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

This company is a joke and if I had time and could figure out how to leave them I would. They have now cost my company money as clients are not receiving our emails as many of our outgoing emails are going into spam. They involuntarily migrated our email system from one platform to another new one without any advance warning. They lie and tell me they sent out information regarding the migration which was **... I, my partner, and assistant never received anything.

All service reps are overseas, and no way to connect to anyone in USA. I have now spoken to them 5 times about problems since the migration and demanded to speak to a supervisor, and they never once have connected me to one. Just keep stating the supervisors are on the phone, and that none are available. When I leave my name and number for a supervisor to call me back, I never have been called back.

I have been told after 3 separate calls that they are 100% sure the problem is fixed, but it continues with emails going into spam. We can not possibly check and follow up on each email we send as to whether or not it has been received, nor should we have to. The owners of this company need to decide if they want to stay in business, because if they continue to use the overseas service area which are completely useless, then I expect this company to flounder and be out of business in the future.

Another issue is that when this migration happened, all of my, my partners, and assistants deleted emails disappeared, and they are telling me we can not get them back. I run a business using their email platform and we need those emails. They absolutely are the worst company in regards to customer service that I have ever dealt with. This is the first time after 28 years in business that I have ever written a company review, and I am doing this to save other people from working with this atrocious company!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

I have been trying to terminate an auto subscription of annual fee of $10 for back domain name. Failing to get any response to my attempts I had to cancel my card and waste time and effort... Only then, I received an email from them, alerting me... Appalling service.

Get buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

Network Solutions is not reliable, and the customer service is atrocious. My website constantly gets hacked because their PHP version is not up to date. When you call to report your website has been hacked and being re-directed to spam site they blame it on Google. They have no clue what they are talking about, they put you on hold for long periods of time and bounce you around to other departments which also have no clue about anything. Stay away from Network Solutions. They are one of the worst companies I ever dealt with!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

This company shut my business down for a week just to change my primary email address. My website and all of my employees' email addresses were shut down! They didn't bother to call my company or utilize any other method to contact us before they did this. After I sent them all of my business information, tax info, utility bill, personal identifiers, every representative gave me a different timeline to expect my business to be back up and running. Do NOT use this company. All of the agents are overseas. Every request was sent to the "back office" for something.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

This is the worst internet company in the world. They create problems then charge to fix them. I was double billed for a hosting renew this morning and was told the billing cycle for next month started today. Also paid for a 50g upgrade for a year, then billed another $5 per month for 50 gig in addition to the yearly charge. Network Solutions wouldn't return the 50 gig purchase made a few days ago and wouldn't alter the $5 per month charge. Buyer beware working with this company. Godaddy is far superior.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

9/14/22 I was on hold over 40 minutes and still nobody came to phone. I was trying to get someone in Technical Services. Yesterday I was on hold trying for a very long time to get someone in the Domain department but, nobody picked up. I tried to chat but, the chat didn't understand the question I spelled out. I called GoDaddy after being on hold so long on 9/14/22 and they answered right away and it was about 11pm. So, if Network Solutions is closed at that time their message should say so instead of having us hold listening to their same apology for long hold. IF Network Solutions doesn't have enough staff at that time or during the day, they should hire.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

They do not deserve even one star. They are constantly having issues with email. It never works smoothly, always issues, can't send encrypted messages, they lost several important emails and folders in migration and I have spent hours on hold waiting to get help. The worst customer service!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I'm a sole proprietor of a small business in the handyman category for furniture assembly, I don't know anything about networking or hosting websites, so I depend on company's like "Network Solutions" to deliver the product and services they offer. Google has a free platform for small business, I tried running an Ad Campaign yesterday and Google didn't approve it (destination not working) , after reading google's response I tried launching my website on google chrome and safari browsers and the website didn't launch from either browser, the following is google's advice:

Destination not working If the URL you entered isn't working, check to make sure that it's correct, then resubmit your ad for review. Common examples that are not allowed (non-exhaustive): Destinations that don't function properly or have been incorrectly set up (ex: site returns an HTTP client or server error code, site returns an authentication error, site doesn’t work on common browsers and devices).

I'm paying for a service that's losing me money, they play with, and use terminology I/we don't understand to make me/us feel like I/we don't know what we're experiencing with their lousy service. My hosting package with Network Solutions expires in October, fix the problem or I'm moving my service with someone else.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

At one time it was a good provider. But now, Email doesn't properly sync between devices; having tracked email usage, it show it has grown by 6 MB in the last week despite my having deleted and cleaned every folder I could find and it should have registered several MB less. Spam rejection is terrible. Search doesn't seem to be able to find important emails.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I started with Network Solutions in 2004! Their support staff was excellent. They host my email, and there were rarely problems. There has been a significant change since the company was bought out. The customer service is farmed out to a call center whose staff were not chosen based on English comprehension --or knowledge of the products. With any technical problem, they leave you on hold while they research or ask people -- they seem not to have a base of knowledge.. I have waited on the phone for countless hours to get email help.

When they make changes (frequently, such as within the last 2 weeks they "migrated the email") they do not let you know, so you spend hours trying to figure something out that turns out to be caused by them. I'm in the process of looking for another company but I don't know the legalities since they host my website/domain name. Very unhappy with them/highly recommend not choosing them, though I haven't found out whom to choose instead - perhaps GoDaddy.

Network Solutions author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Network Solutions offers customized web hosting plans. Customers choose the features they want and only pay for those, rather than paying for a plan that includes extra features they may not use.

• Provides WordPress hosting for blogs: Bloggers will appreciate being able to host WordPress and take care of all their blogging needs. WordPress can also be used to design a website without needing to know much in the way of code.

• Easy-to-use controls: It is easy to navigate the control panel and do what you want to do with this web host.

• Great customer support: There is 24/7 customer and technical support with low wait times, even during peak hours. The customer support line is toll-free. You can also get support via live chat and email.

• No matter how much you pay, you can only host one domain: Even if you pay for premium service, you cannot host multiple domains, which is inconvenient for small businesses and unworkable for web hosting companies.

• Unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes: If you are on a small budget, you probably will have to deal with limitations until you can afford to upgrade. Customers will need to pay premium prices for unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes.

• Service: Depending on the features you choose, you can end up paying a lot for web hosting.

Network Solutions Company Information