3.07/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Network Solutions

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Network Solutions Reviews

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Prices are very high. If you want change some settings, they said that "Call Us via Phone". Credit card payment form not working. Ticket system is useless; late answer and every time same answers. Admin panel is useless. I am very regretful.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I have been their customer for about two year. Last year they started offering me an available dot NET domain, I didn't buy it because I didn't need it, to my surprise they used my credit card number on the file and they sold it to me without my knowledge. These guys are a bunch of thieves, don't do business with them.

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Years ago I'd purchased a couple of domain names/url's from Network Solutions. They've been around forever... they're like the Kleenex of domain name providers. So, when I wanted to get a couple of new url's I went to them. I found their online ordering platform more than annoying, with attempts to upsell me other products quadrupling the amount of time it took me to actually accomplish what I wanted to... simply get a couple of new domain names. But fine. I got through it with my new url's. Fast forward about 36 hours and I start getting dozens of emails from web developers and AdWords specialist... and now I'm getting dozens of phone calls a day from overseas call centers trying to sell me the same. I am beside myself that their (lack of) privacy policy allows for this. Needless to say I will never be patronizing Network Solutions again. I will be moving my new url's to another host immediately.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

My boss insisted I call Network Solutions Customer Service during a period of network connectivity issues. Over the course of my 2 hour hold time with Customer Service, my mother died. Had someone answered my call and given me information, instead of fruitlessly transferring me around, I would have been with her. I know this sounds fake, or overly dramatic, but I will quite literally never forget that if someone had answered the phone, I could have held her hand at the end.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I encouraged my client to transfer their domains and purchase hosting from Network Solutions based on past experiences, which was decent. Their prices are high, but their service used to be great. My client's WP website has been online since April 2019. It's ALWAYS down or has limited performance. At least once a month, Network Solutions servers are down for a min of 3 to 5 days. As of right now, they've been down as of 11/11/2019 and they can't provide an ETA as to when they will be online again. I don't know what has happened to this company over the past few years, but this is outrageous.

Their statement on their homepage reads "Web Hosting You Can Count On. Web hosting services in the cloud that offer flexible plans, live technical support, and a 99.9% uptime guarantee." I'd like to know if their statement is a "real" guarantee or a blatant lie? These outages have caused serious damage to a business that relies on their website for conducting business and I feel awful for having referred them in the first place. I'm in the process of moving all business to another provider.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Fyi if you ever accidentally not renew by deadline, they charge you the same cost as 10 YEARS to get your Name back. They really just want domains that other have/want. Dont be victimized by the absurd business practice! Find a more ethical place to do business.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

We don’t want to renew this alephantcoffee.com. We have already checked Auto Renew off, we don’t want the auto renew because we have not use this domain name for many years. We just want it to be expire. However, Network Solutions system make the auto renew for 5 years and charge USD184.95 the money to us which we think that it is unfair business. Please cancel it. Why the system charge to us? The money may be very small for you but it is big for us. It is not the good way to get money. I feel very upset with this action.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

My wife tried a 30 day free-trial with this company and cancelled service two days into it. They have been charging us for 40 months at $35/mo! After notifying them they pretty much said sorry the cancellation never went through and that we were responsible. DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

They just tried to extort $1250 from me because they wouldn't renew my domains, and now claim there is a "re-registration" period. They've proven to be deceitful every click. Just try to register a domain and look how many fake clicks they try to get you to take to buy services. Total Scam, stay away.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Never, Never, Never have any services from them. They are the highest and the only one charging $35 for a domain compared to $9-17 that other registrar charges. They are still banking on domains that were registered 25 years ago. This was the best thing to happen internet and domain that the .com domain contract was taken back from them or else today the domain and internet will not have that ease which we have today. Their entire system is to trick and get more money out of you. They are the only registrar which takes 3 days to give authorization code and other registrar gives in a few minutes almost instantly.

Be the domain price, renewal price, whois privacy, 3 days for authorization code, charges for domain forwarding, unauthorized 60 days lock and the list goes on and on. Every service are tricked so that you pay more. And the best part, you call their customer service and you different reasons and different answers for your problem, and they can never help you because their systems is designed in such a way.

Network Solutions expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Network Solutions offers customized web hosting plans. Customers choose the features they want and only pay for those, rather than paying for a plan that includes extra features they may not use.

• Provides WordPress hosting for blogs: Bloggers will appreciate being able to host WordPress and take care of all their blogging needs. WordPress can also be used to design a website without needing to know much in the way of code.

• Easy-to-use controls: It is easy to navigate the control panel and do what you want to do with this web host.

• Great customer support: There is 24/7 customer and technical support with low wait times, even during peak hours. The customer support line is toll-free. You can also get support via live chat and email.

• No matter how much you pay, you can only host one domain: Even if you pay for premium service, you cannot host multiple domains, which is inconvenient for small businesses and unworkable for web hosting companies.

• Unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes: If you are on a small budget, you probably will have to deal with limitations until you can afford to upgrade. Customers will need to pay premium prices for unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes.

• Service: Depending on the features you choose, you can end up paying a lot for web hosting.

• Best for: Bloggers, personal website owners, small business owners, artists and writers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs