3.8/5 (258 ratings)

About Network Solutions

Network Solutions Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I needed to transfer our domain away from Network Solutions. Simple, right? Well, not so fast. The chat agent will ask why you're leaving and try to get you to stay. They will offer a discount to try to keep you with the company. This is pretty annoying, but it's not all that uncommon. But there are 3 things that are uncommon and prompted this review.

1. The chat agent ended the chat abruptly with no explanation even though the domain is locked!

2. It's uncommon to be charged as much as they charge for services in both scope and scale. I took over an account for my client and noticed that they're being charged for lots of domains they don't need and were upsold on services they neither needed nor understood.

3. It's also uncommon to have reviews as consistently low as this company. I'd honestly be embarrassed to work for them. Please do your research before you think of trusting this company. If you search "Network Solutions Reviews" into your search engine, you'll be well-informed. There are lots of reviews about Network Solutions online and at the time of this writing another review site shows 223 reviews with 97% 1 star! Even scrolling through this list of reviews on ConsumerAffairs gives a prospective customer a very helpful insight into what doing business with Network Solutions will be like.

My advice is that you cannot run away from this company fast enough. There are many other much better, cheaper, and friendly services out there. Don't waste your time or money on this company.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I have been with Network Solutions for about 12 years and use them for our domain name, web page and emails. For the past 2 years we have had continual issues with the emails. We use the webmail site for logging into our emails and for the past 6 months they have been down off and on intermediately. Since the whole network goes down - the hold times to convey the issues are extremely long. We are now going to change to Google.

Get buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I moved my domain from google to Network Solutions. They kept charging me and did not provide a single day of service for even one email. I asked for a refund and they said I cannot get it back because I signed up for paying them without a single activation of an email. I have paid them over $400 and numerous calls. They acknowledged that they have the domain but cannot find it in their database. 10 months later and $450 they haven't activated my emails for domain that remains in their possession and refuse to give me a refund because it is their policy. Never sign up with this disgraceful company.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Network Solutions will send you dozens of emails for services you have told them you do not want to renew. There is no unsubscribe option, even if you call customer support. But if you DO have autorenew turned on, they will charge your card 2 months before the renewal date with no heads up, no warning at all. Just an email after the fact. Be wary, if you want to transfer your domain, the required code will take 3 days to be emailed to you. This internet pioneer has turned into a sad group of what are basically scam artists.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

The domain contact left company, nobody review his email, then domain verification fail, our domain suspended, our fault when chatting with Network Solutions agent on 12 Oct 2021, the first agent cut my chat, then chat with 2nd agent, spend half hour. Agent "can" understand domain suspended cannot send verification to the email, then told me he/she will reactivate the domain, told me to wait 1 day. 13 Oct 2021 found nothing happened, chat again with 3rd agent, spend half hour, "can" understand cannot send verification to my domain email then ask me change to alternative email on portal. I told him after changed, portal still show old email, he/she told me needs 1 day for updating back-end system.

14 Oct 2021 STILL NOTHING HAPPENED, chat with the 4th agent, he/she told me escalated and gave me a ticket number, told me wait for "2 days". I'm really angry and felt Network Solutions agent fool customer skill is "wait" day by day, ok, wait again. 16 Oct 2021 STILL NOTHING HAPPENED, chat with the 5th agent, provided the "ticket number", agent told me I need to wait another 2 days, the 4th agent didn't told me which is "business day" I can expect, 2 days later still nothing happen. This is my experience. DON'T PAY FOR A LONG PERIOD SUBSCRIPTION TO NETWORK SOLUTIONS. They don't care.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Do not sign up with this company. False advertising. Pure switch and bait. You have to sign up, pay membership price and spend over 400 for a tradeline to be reported to D&B. False advertisement. Fake company.

Original review: July 9, 2021

This company will bill you for products that you did not receive services. Watch your billing closely. If you dispute the charge, expect a foreign phone operator who is trained to not give you the refund until you fight with them for over 25 minutes of your time. I had to fight for a $7.99 refund for over 25 minutes. I have 4 websites with this company for over 20 years. This is not the first time that I have been improperly charged. They say they value your service? Actions speak louder than words! Buyer Beware!

Original review: June 7, 2021

Like so many below, I am a victim of fraudulent billing that was not authorized. They along with their parent company Newfold Digital are the worst in the industry. They can keep rebranding and consolidating, but their executive team needs to correct decades of horrible billing practices, terrible support personnel and antiquated policies. No wonder so many people pull their domains, their websites and their digital presence away from anything to do with this horrible company. Consumers beware. Stay far away from any of the following: Newfold Digital, Network Solutions, Web.com, Hostgator. I will continue to help every client I know to move and stay far away from anything to do with this company.

Original review: April 22, 2021

I have had my company (.com) domain registered with Network Solutions for over 20 years, but I will not be renewing it. Last year they automatically "gave" me a trial of a **.site domain, which I had no interest in, and now they are reminding me every month by email that the .site domain is up for renewal and I will lose it if I do not pay for renewal. They are constantly pressuring or trying to trick you into paying for services that you do not need. They also have no clear way of messaging them about concerns, and no way to unsubscribe from these emails. Reviews on the internet tell me that there are better and cheaper options than Network Solutions.

Original review: March 26, 2021

I had been using Network Solutions to host multiple domains. I experienced extremely long wait times. Today I called because I cancelled my hosting services and wanted to transfer my domains to Google. It has been four months and the transfers are not done so I have no sites for my businesses. Today's wait time would be 73 minutes according to their recording. Yesterday I waited 20 minutes before hanging up. On a prior call the lady that answered had no idea what to do. Stay far, far away from Network Solutions and their sister company.

Network Solutions author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Network Solutions offers customized web hosting plans. Customers choose the features they want and only pay for those, rather than paying for a plan that includes extra features they may not use.

• Provides WordPress hosting for blogs: Bloggers will appreciate being able to host WordPress and take care of all their blogging needs. WordPress can also be used to design a website without needing to know much in the way of code.

• Easy-to-use controls: It is easy to navigate the control panel and do what you want to do with this web host.

• Great customer support: There is 24/7 customer and technical support with low wait times, even during peak hours. The customer support line is toll-free. You can also get support via live chat and email.

• No matter how much you pay, you can only host one domain: Even if you pay for premium service, you cannot host multiple domains, which is inconvenient for small businesses and unworkable for web hosting companies.

• Unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes: If you are on a small budget, you probably will have to deal with limitations until you can afford to upgrade. Customers will need to pay premium prices for unlimited storage, bandwidth, and mailboxes.

• Service: Depending on the features you choose, you can end up paying a lot for web hosting.

Network Solutions Company Information