4.84/5
  • 1 star
Based on 62 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A2 Hosting is your high performance hosting provider! Whether you're looking to host WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or another solution, your site comes hosted on our blazing fast SwiftServer platform. You can even host on our Turbo Servers featuring up to 20X faster page loads compared to competing solutions. Our 24/7/365 Guru Crew Support team is standing by to answer any questions you may have. Get started now completely risk free with our Anytime Money Back Guarantee!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 11, 2018

62 A2 Hosting Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I've been with A2 for five years and more. Their prices have gone down since the original and they've just been a reliable provider for me. They had a good price for me. Their reps are typically very friendly and once you get a live body, they talk to you and they're very knowledgeable. I've run into a couple of occasions wherein it was difficult to get a hold of them but for the most part, it doesn't take long. They've helped me every time I've needed it and they've resolved every issue I've had. I would point a friend to their direction.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

We’ve been using A2 Hosting for five years or so and everything’s been fine. I’m satisfied with it.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We are a web design company and we didn't want to go with a super big guy where we'd have to submit a support ticket and wait three weeks for someone to reply from God-knows-where. One of my employees recommended A2 Hosting so we looked into their web hosting service. We started small then we started buying all these $200 a month packages. Then, we got the Platinum which came with a support system where they would talk on the phone with us right away. We also have all these custom VPS servers set up for us for specific projects. We used Totalchoice Hosting, Blue Host and about four kinds of comparable hosting companies and we felt that A2 Hosting was an upgrade at that point of time. This worked out with us and we're happy. At the moment, we have about 10 services with them with 200 websites.

Recently, we have a lot of government clients and we peddle our work with Amazon because they have these government security-compliant products. Now, everybody is a bit more concerned. So, from a business development standpoint, I would tell A2 Hosting to have a package that has all those security layers on it. Other than that, our experience with them has been great and we recommend them to everybody. For our clients that don't pay us to host their websites, we would send them a link to a package that they need to buy on A2 Hosting which is about $9 a month. We buy a bit more expensive things but the hosting is the only thing that we send to our clients. A2 Hosting has been great in meeting our demands, too. Occasionally, we require custom configuration of certain things or stuff that you cannot get on shared hosting but we know what we generally want and need on a per project basis and they always accommodate us.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

When my other hosting ran out, they recommended A2 Hosting. And so I’ve been with them now for nine years. I haven't taken full advantage of A2 Hosting yet because I'm not that computer-savvy. But the support team has been responsive and polite whenever I speak with them.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I needed a website and saw that A2 were hosting. I got their service and it has been really convenient. I've been with A2 Hosting for quite some time. But right now, I have two hosts. Aside from A2 Hosting, I also have Lunarpages. They're Wordpress sites and Wordpress sites are really easy to maintain. So far, everything has been going well with A2.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A2 Hosting?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

We looked into web hosting for our church website. We chose A2 since they had a competitive price, which was the main feature for us. We've been using them for eight years now and we have their basic package that includes web storage and email addresses. From time to time, if any issues come up, I would submit a support ticket and they are quick to respond. Their promptness impresses me as they normally reply within minutes. A2 is a great provider and great resource to use. They work very well and everything's worked great for us.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

A2 Hosting has been my provider for my personal stuff for a very long time. I’ve had experience with other providers and this was before AWS was around. Even AWS would be too expensive for what I need, and I needed something simple or a normal web host that I shall access to, which I changed over to a VPS when they started off to bring it and the price is right. The service has been perfect since my needs are basically nothing and I just needed a sandbox sometimes to plan.

A2 Hosting is all-inclusive and they take care of everything. But they’re evolving with the market, so I like that and I’ve been keeping them. If I needed something, I'd use their web portal which was intuitive enough to get what I needed to be done, like renew my domain, or add a domain. There’s a lot of stuff out there and AWS and Rackspace are typical. I would be surprised if a friend asks me about A2 Hosting and I probably wouldn’t suggest it because we spin up our own infrastructure, either in the Cloud or a larger provider. But if it was for somebody’s personal website or some that are small, I would suggest A2 Hosting. They have been very good to me.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I wanted to put a web page on the internet and it seemed reasonable to go with A2 Hosting. I got a friend that actually knows how to set up a web page, so he did mine and we just needed a web poster. Their support team has been fine and we haven't had any issues.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I was looking for provider mainly for email hosting. I had a friend of mine who'd been with A2 Hosting for a number of years and recommended them. I’ve been using A2 for a year and a half now and the interaction with the support team has been excellent. Anytime I have a question, they answer it and they've even helped me figure out some stuff that I didn't know I needed to ask. A2 Hosting is a very affordable service and they treat us well.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I contacted A2 and they answered all of my questions. Their customer service was great and they even took care of me. We have been with A2 for around three years and we’re very pleased with their service. They were excellent and I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

We’ve been with A2 Hosting for three years and the main thing with hosting is that you always want to make sure your site is up and easily loadable. For the most part, it is, compared to other hosts. Although there was one situation we had where there was some sort of security blockers in our account and it caused our website to have this weird problem for two years. That was irritating but other than that, they’ve been fine. Besides, it was inconsistent and that was finally taken care of. The support team has been polite, professional and good. We also recently moved our site which I designed and I know that our web tech person had everything all set up and she was talking with A2 quite a bit. They seemed very responsive so that was good. Our experience with A2 Hosting has been mostly positive.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I tried different hosting services include Bluehost, SiteGround, Hostgator etc.. But when I reached on A2 Hosting only I got fully satisfied, A+ customer service and ping time of website is very less. The easily manageable WHM & Cpanel is another better mark. It scans the directory and files daily so if some malicious codes are there it will get prevented from executing. Overall the best hosting provider ever from my personal experience.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I've been using A2 Hosting for almost 4 years and I recommend its excellent service, good and fast support, excellent prices, I can do whatever I need to host my PHP application, they support the latest version of everything and I can install most web application with one click.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I looked into web hosting providers for my business and for my website. My brother has been using A2, so he referred me and set it up for me. He also handles it when I have any type of issues. I’ve had A2 for around 9 years and everything has been perfect. I’m extremely satisfied and would definitely refer them to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

We came from Arvixe which was good until EIG bought them out then the service was horrible. We were not going to renew with Arvixe and needed a new home that could accommodate our developers without causing them to lose time because of a switch. After exploring, researching, and checking reviews for months we decided on A2 Hosting. It had the best reviews and they were quick to respond to any and all of our questions regarding their services. Everything just seemed to fit properly.

We did run into a problem when we went ahead with starting services with A2. We needed dedicated IP's however when signing up we were never given the option to add it. We were supposed to receive a promotional deal of 51% off if we added it at the time we started service but since it wasn't available we couldn't get the deal. A2 resolved it right away and got us what was promised with the promotion. So far their customer service has been great and responsive and services also seem very stable. Highly recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Good service and support, even though I asked for the refund, the cPanel is very complete and detailed the customer area. I have recommended several friends to their accommodation, as it is very good. I hope they continue well with their low prices and quality, not like other hosting that charge dear and are not good.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

The site is fast, highly configurable, with utilities that are not in products of other companies. The version of WordPress that is offered is optimized by A2 Hosting, this optimization has many interesting utilities to improve the service of WordPress. I have resumed a project, is still in development but the reason to choose A2 Hosting is its performance. I understand that the faster a website is, the better the user experience and the more likely it is to increase the level of visitors.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I've been using A2 for almost a year now. Everything about their system is top notch. Ease of use, configuration and management is intuitive and simple. Setting up a new client website and domain takes me 10 minutes tops. I've never experienced any downtime or noticeable lag time in using the product.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I have been a customer for about 9 months to date. The offerings and pricing are competitive in the industry, but not what you would call a "Bargain." I have chosen to do this review because others in my class of customers will want to know about the service and support A2 delivers. Support has been nothing short of astounding, comparing VERY favorably to vendors charging over twice as much per month. Even though I have been running web servers for over 5 years, I still struggle with some technical issues that are a bit arcane. A2's support has tackled each one for me, above and beyond their normal scope, thereby saving me a TON of time.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Great service and flexible plans. I host several sites on A2 - the service is fast and reliable. I switched to A2 when my last (previously great) hosting provider was bought out by a conglomerate and service went downhill. A2 has met and exceeded expectations, and, as far as I know, is still an independent company focused on its clients and the technology provided, not just making a buck.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

They have made maintaining my website easier. The servers come set up with tools I need to work with Drupal. Every 'unlimited' hosting has fine print limits and A2 Hosting gives me the most space to host the most websites without paying more. They provided great deals when I started to save a lot on my first 3 year plan. They monitor for out-of-date Drupal code and will even help with patching updates if I don't do it.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I needed help changing name servers in order to use the CDN offered from Cloudflare, and Scott was extremely helpful, quick, and efficient. Not to mention, I only had to wait a few seconds before he answered. This is the 5th time I've had to call for assistance, and each time the support was extremely helpful, quick, and solved my issue.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I have the Core VPS "POWER+" from A2 Hosting. The VPS work great with a very high transfer speed. I run an MAGENTO 1.9 and a WordPress site. They are not MAGENTO experts. The company's support answer quick in some hours but the first answers are incorrect. Every time they don't see what plan I have and give me the answers for no core VPS. The biggest problem I have with A2 Hosting Core VPS is that they don't have back up solution (daily/weekly), either with an extra fee. The only thing that it make me think about moving to another hosting company is the hosting company backup. I hope to add it soon in Cores too. I believe that many of their customers is worrying about the backup solutions.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I have had a VPS with A2 Hosting for a year now. From set-up to monitoring they have been nothing but a "top shelf" company. The infrastructure they work with is "second to none" and the Customer Service is exemplary no matter what the issue is. I have used several hosting services in the past; and as of one year ago, I will use none other than A2 Hosting.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Switched from Bluehost to A2 a while back, and I couldn't be happier. Bluehost was unacceptably slow and I was having a lot of downtime issues. A2 is so much faster with much more uptime. It's also less expensive, and has great customer support.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

With my company websites on the A2 Hosting platform, our page load times are much faster than other hosting providers and our site uptime percentage is higher than I've ever experienced. For anyone looking to host one or more websites, I highly recommend A2 Hosting and their SSD (solid state drives) platform. Give them a try. You will be glad you did.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

New user to hosting world and especially paid ones but I feel interface is very user friendly and also I didn't find downtime to my site. Server is also fast. I guess site should offer range of other international domains e.g. I tried to get ".ng" but didn't find this option. Wishing them all the best.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I started hosting with A2 Hosting in December 2015. My previous host will let's just say I had to leave. A2 Hosting went above my expectations in moving my accounts over to them. Since I've been with them service has been excellent. They have responded to my tickets within 15 minutes sometime even sooner. Every issue has been resolved quickly. Any delay has on my part. Their staff has always been helpful and courteous in every way. Would I recommend them? Yes definitely. If you want great customer service that is second to none then you want A2 Hosting. My account comes up for renewal in December I plan to renew. I guess that's the best review of all when you renew your account. There are host everywhere now but A2 Hosting is the best service I've ever had.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My client need a FTP server and I'm not aware of A2 Hosting. Tried too many hosting services and few are bombard with errors and few are complicated to set up. And premium services are not in my budget at all. Then my friend referred me A2 Hosting and we are like WOW. Just awesome services. Easy to use and cost me almost nothing. I never use any other hosting service. I tweeted many times on twitter the same. The tweets are from **. Keep up good work A2 Hosting.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

After my terrible experience with previous host, I moved to A2 Hosting which was better on all aspects, I've been using A2 for three years now and have no intention to leave it. I have a small business in computer services and manage few websites beside my own site on it. I'm happy and satisfied with my experience on A2 Hosting, even when there are technical issues, they manage them in little time.

A2 Hosting Company Information

www.a2hosting.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use