Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.94/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

A2 Hosting is your high performance hosting provider! Whether you're looking to host WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or another solution, your site comes hosted on our blazing fast SwiftServer platform. You can even host on our Turbo Servers featuring up to 20X faster page loads compared to competing solutions. Our 24/7/365 Guru Crew Support team is standing by to answer any questions you may have. Get started now completely risk free with our Anytime Money Back Guarantee!

A2 Hosting Reviews

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

A2 has a very friendly staff. The chat line was extremely helpful as I came up with questions before my purchase and a few questions for the support side after. This was a very busy week-end so I was not surprised that there was a bit of a wait time, but it lasted less time than the suggested wait time. The different individuals I spoke with were very helpful and polite. Their pricing is very reasonable normally, but the sale they had this week-end was outstanding. On top of this they provide way more with their plans for a much more reasonable price than my previous provider. I have now requested the migration, which will take a few days. I am expecting this to be done professionally and as soon as they can get to it.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I have been with A2 Hosting for over 3 years. They have an excellent product backed by incredible support. All A2 Hosting team members I have had dealings with to resolve technical problems or just to change billing options, whether on the phone or email, are professional in presence, service and assistance. This has been of great value to me because my Brain got scrambled from an acute stroke; I am still unable at times, to do or handle things, the way I did the day before. Brain Injury sucks, but A2 Hosting rocks: they have exercised patient guidance, assistance and professionalism with me. I sincerely appreciate this team and all its members, they are "TOP SHELF" in my business books; I also appreciate the excellent product and service that A2 Hosting provides for my sites. A2 Hosting rocks with a great product and team.

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2019

A2 Hosting is the best of the best. The service is exceptional, my sites are always up and they run extremely fast, and the A2 customer website is very intuitive and fully featured. I have contacted customer service a couple times to ask for help with something I didn't know how to do or wasn't confident about doing on my own, and they were very responsive, professional, and patient with me, which I appreciate very much. They even followed up with me to make sure everything was fine. Having been with a couple other hosting companies in the past I feel confident saying that you absolutely won't find this kind of service and quality anywhere else, especially for the price. I honestly can't say enough good things about A2 Hosting. I would give them 10 stars if I could!

Original review: April 2, 2019

I am writing this review the day after the server I am on was down for the best part of three days ending 04/01/2019. After reading what customers were ** about losing thousands of dollars, going to switch hosting companies, blah blah blah. As if A2 Hosting took down the server on purpose. Many of the hosting names mentioned to switch to most all were own by the same company.

I also experienced the same losses as others on this server instead I really appreciate all the hard work long hours put in getting my website back up running 100% with no loss. The other thing I really appreciate is their friendly telephone tech support going the extra mile in helping figure out some weird problem with ZenCart etc. that is not really their job. The other hosting companies I have been with you don't get this kind of caring service. All I got to say is A2 Hosting I am not planning on going anywhere. I will stay with you as long as you keep up the excellent service that you have been providing me for many years now.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I think I've been a customer of A2 Hosting for over 10 years now. I first started out hosting one site, then switched to a re-seller account, and have purchased multiple domains through A2. I encourage everyone looking to start a site to go to A2. Unfortunately, none of them bother to use the affiliate link I provide for them. I don't know whether it's inconvenient to find where to put the code, or if they're just not interested.

A2 is overall a very good host. I have not found anyone better. Their troubleshooting department is very good. I've been most satisfied with the troubleshooting crew when I call at very late hours (I'm located in the United States). They have been able to quickly assess any problems with my site and help me fix them quickly. I prefer to call at night as opposed to submitting an online ticket, because online ticketing seems to be a lot slower (though I always receive a reply within 24 hours).

I only have two issues with A2. One was a security breach that must have taken place over the phone. One of my old employees wanted me to give him a site, and before I gave him approval on anything, he called into A2 and separated that domain and hosting from my reseller account without my permission. The A2 rep I spoke to said he must have given them my father's middle name, but honestly, I don't know how he would have given that correctly as it's a very unusual name, and I have not seen it available anywhere online. This person also knows very, very little about me personally, so I feel it was probably a breach on A2's part. It happens and wasn't such a huge deal, so I just let it go.

The other issue is cost. I'm sure I've spent many thousands with A2 over the years, and when the server I was on got very old, slow, and was having outages, I was told I'd need to switch serves. Unfortunately, this came at an additional cost, when I feel the cost should have remained the same. I think A2 should honor very loyal, longtime customers by being able to lock in reasonable rates. I currently feel I'm paying too much. I'm not really working on sites anymore, and only have a couple on my account that need zero maintenance, so I just feel like it's a lot of money. Other than those two things, I've been very satisfied with the company. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A2 Hosting?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Consider this - they only allow 1 gig of ram per cpanel on reseller. No matter how you open your wallet or try to pay for more, they just "can't" do it. Is it arbitrary or a hardware issue? Who knows! A2 doesn't seem to care. "Optimize your site" is the response. We're developing new sites in those cpanels, so they become optimized as they launch so the statement telling me to do the obvious implies that I'm stupid. NO CRAP optimize the site. Here's a clue, Bluehost offers more Ram on their 3 dollar Susie's Cupcakes play site plans. For that matter, most hosts do. Refusing to offer it at all on a reseller is a nightmare, bone head, short sighted, idiotic decision.

SO, we upgraded to a VPS and now Softaculous isn't included anymore. So, I bought the Cadillac and you took the bumper off. Seriously, they want MORE money for the Softaculous installer. Ah, and the pricing. "If you select the least number of options you'll get the $40.99 price. Nope. I did select that (clearly since I cannot use Softaculous) but the advertised price just isn't attainable. A support rep told me the other day a bunch of coworkers called off, thus slow speed on chat. On ticket system it takes 10-15 hours to get a reply. We're moving on. I don't need a reply, I can't be saved. Total crap.

A2 Hosting response

Sorry to see that you had some problems with our plans. All of our shared servers are container based and provide a set amount of resources per account. The limits are more than enough to operate most any CMS with an average amount of traffic, but if there is an issue with the site and it is using more resources than normal it will be rate limited for a period of time. This is done to ensure that all users on our servers always have their fair share of resources available.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I was having trouble getting a Wordpress form plugin to work. A2 Hosting's customer service took the time to figure out why it wasn't working. My old host (GoDaddy) never would have done that. I'm going to recommend A2 hosting to all my clients.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Really fast support service, and helpful, when I open a ticket for some topic that I need information or I want to do something they were pretty fast and focus in help me, till now having the service I'm really grateful.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I liked the service used here. It was quick and very friendly. I appreciate the customer service at A2 hosting. Well done and impressive! Keep up with the good work! Looking forward to work with you. Hats off to the customer service support.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Excellent! The customer support team held a slow-learning novice by the hand and patiently answered my questions about "process," domains, file structure, among other things. They helped me understand what I was attempting to do, helped me learn as our conversation took place. Thank you, everyone!

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

A2 Hosting expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A2 Hosting offers a wide variety of hosting services, including ad management hosting, blog hosting, CMS and CRM hosting, eCommerence hosting and more. Prices for shared hosting starts at less than $10 per month. A2 Hosting was established in 2001 as Iniquinet and began operating under their current name two years later. It is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

• Uptime: You never want your site to go down, and A2 Hosting provides reliable service. They promise serves will be up 99.9 percent of the time. They’ll give you a credit if you site is down more than 0.01 percent of the time.

• Customer support: A2 Hosting has customer support employees available 24/7. You’ll be able to get in touch with someone if you have any questions.

• Speed tests: The load time is important for your website, and A2 Hosting offers fast speeds. You can run speed tests from their website to get an estimate of upload and download speeds from their three server locations.

• Referral bonus: When you sign up for A2 Hosting, you’ll get a special referral code to share with your friend. If someone else signs up using your code, you’ll earn a $50 credit.

• Environmentally friendly: A2 Hosting reuses older hardware and encourages telecommuting to reduce its carbon footprint. The company also partners with Carbonfund.org to fight climate change.

• Best for: bloggers, small business owners, artists, writers and anyone with a personal website.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team