4.61/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A2 Hosting is your high performance hosting provider! Whether you're looking to host WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or another solution, your site comes hosted on our blazing fast SwiftServer platform. You can even host on our Turbo Servers featuring up to 20X faster page loads compared to competing solutions. Our 24/7/365 Guru Crew Support team is standing by to answer any questions you may have. Get started now completely risk free with our Anytime Money Back Guarantee!

101 A2 Hosting Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I run a small website design and hosting business. We had gone through a really bad experience with HostGator when they had an outage at one of their data centers where our servers were located so we started looking around. My business partner at the time had either read an article on A2 Hosting or had some recommendation from someone so we checked deeper into it and it looked like a good program.

For the most part, A2 has been really good to work with. The only part that's been frustrating for me is we have had some outage events where it seemed to take a really long time to get support because of the breadth of impact of the outage or we were in line behind a bunch of people to get support. But the last time that happened was about two years ago and I haven't had any events occur since then. At the same time, I've also reduced the number of my clients that I have on my A2 Hosting account and I'm in the process of moving off of A2 Hosting. But overall, the people I've worked with had been very knowledgeable, very helpful, and supportive. They've also been very accommodating. So, if anybody is looking for general hosting services, I would definitely recommend A2 to them.

A2 Hosting response

I'm glad to hear you have had a positive experience with us overall Art. However, we'd love to see if there's anything we can do to keep you with our service even though you're downsizing your business.

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I had a web video site and a wedding site. I was kinda doing that on the side. I was working with GoDaddy initially and I was having issues with them. Then, I was trying to build a website and the company I was looking with to build my initial website was tied in with A2 Hosting and I ended up with them. With A2 Hosting, as far as the domains go, everything is fine. I haven't actually been using none of my domain names, but I don't wanna lose them because they're good.

The thing I like about A2 is I can navigate around pretty simply around their webpage. I understood more of what I was getting for. Also, A2 Hosting continues and keeps me updated when I'm gonna lose a domain. They follow up with emails and they gave like a 100 chances to say, "Okay, you must not want this." I really like that because a lot of times, I get a lot of junk mail and I don't get it or it'll go into spam and it would just move for whatever reason. And with GoDaddy, I would go into default and it was a pain in the butt. The only reason I have my domain names is because of A2's persistence.

A2 Hosting response

Glad to hear you've enjoyed your experience with us so far!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Our web designer recommended A2 Hosting to us. We were unfamiliar with it so we took his lead. When we have concerns, we usually channel it through our webmaster because if we have an issue, he’ll be able to resolve the issue quicker speaking with their technical team. Aside from a credit card that was not expiring, we had a little glitch in the website where our software needed to be updated. Other than that, we also use A2 for our charity foundation's website. In closing, we had a smooth transition with A2 Hosting so we've stuck with them.

A2 Hosting response

Glad to hear the transition has been smooth!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

A2 Hosting is the best fit for our website. They quickly respond to our concerns. Their support team has been pleasant to work with and we’re happy with them. I would recommend them.

A2 Hosting response

Thank you very much for recommending us Anne!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I have a little at home setup for some dogs that we have and we have some puppies available from time to time. I wanted to publish my website and A2 Hosting happened naturally as part of the Sandbox which is a web page design software that I was able to use. I’ve been using A2 for five years and it's been working just fine.

A2 Hosting response

Glad to hear that you've enjoyed your Sandbox Hosting experience with us! Thanks for the great review Anthony!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A2 Hosting?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

One of our businesses was set up for the basic hosting by A2 Hosting and we haven't had any issues with the web service. It's 10 bucks a month and it's on auto withdrawal. I would recommend this company.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I wanted to set up a website that was independent of the university website, so I looked into web hosting providers. I did some research and selected an app that allowed me to make a relatively simple web page, and one of the suggested web providers of the company that I purchased that app through was A2 Hosting. I went with A2 and chose a basic package which was pretty much having my own web page.

When I first used A2, they were really useful because I was administering a couple of grants and their system allowed people to be able to access me very readily. It was much easier for both the students and the people that I was involved in, in the grants, to be able to access my information without having to go through the university system because the web page in my department is pathetic.

Afterwards, I started my own consulting company, so I was in the midst of redoing the web page recently. In order to be able to focus on that, I had a series of questions since I haven’t used A2 Hosting in a while. Their customer service people were fantastic and they answered my questions within 24 hours. I’m not a computer-savvy, techy person, so they were very good at providing information that I needed to set up the new web page and to configure it, and also to set up all of the things revolving around the new email.

Their system is user-friendly at the basic level, so I’m very appreciative of that. When you’re trying to go into all of the different kinds of applications that they support, it gets a little bit cumbersome, so I haven’t tried using some of the other applications that they support because it’s not very clear to me what works and what doesn’t. But for the purposes that I need, their system is absolutely fantastic and their customer support team is really helpful. I would definitely recommend A2 Hosting and I have already recommended them to other people.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

A2 was terrific. My web designer and manager chose them and I would tell others to look into them as well. When I called A2 to ask questions, their representatives were very helpful. They were perfect.

A2 Hosting response

If you decide to start a new website, we look forward to working with you again!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

A2 was recommended to me by the guy who does my websites. They're good and I've been using them for about eight years now. The little bit of interaction I've had with them, they were fine and they answered the phone. They address the issue and it is usually fixed pretty quickly. So far, so good. I would recommend them.

A2 Hosting response

We're glad you've enjoyed our service for 8 years!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

A2 Hosting looked like a good deal at the time I was looking into web hosting providers and they were the best that I found. They were pretty good when I started but they're a little expensive and the interactions with their support team were never great but they weren't the worst. I've been using A2 for almost five years and if a friend asks about A2, I could give them better suggestions but if they prefer to be pampered, A2 is not a terrible option if they had a lot of money.

Hello Andrey;

Thank you for your review! I noticed that you were using our Unmanaged VPS Hosting. As you know, you can actually set your own resources with this plan, that way it's a custom solution and you only pay for the resources you need.

Based on the size of the Unmanaged VPS you had, it looks like you could have had a Managed VPS. I'm not sure if you are aware, but we now offer Managed VPS Hosting with root access. That way you could have the benefits of a fully managed VPS as well as administrative level access to your server. That may be a better solution for you moving forward.

Thanks again,
Brad Litwin

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

A2 Hosting did a good job and we didn't have any issues with them and with the website hosting. When I had to inquire about something, they got right back to me. So, they've been good.

A2 Hosting response

Thanks for the review and using A2 Hosting!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

A2 Hosting is a great company and I would personally recommend them. I was looking into web hosting providers for a personal portfolio and I read some of their reviews. Now I've been using them for six years. Their technical support team and customer service have been great, friendly and knowledgeable. I've only contacted them over the phone. I used GoDaddy at one point but I like A2 Hosting better than them. Look into A2 Hosting. There are a lot of options, but read the reviews. Don’t just go with whoever advertises the most.

A2 Hosting response

Thanks for the review! We're glad you've had such a positive experience with us over the years!

Original review: July 16, 2018

When I came in the field of blogging then I didn’t have the experience and the proper knowledge of SEO and I was in hectic to make a website and also worried about the web hosting. Then my friend told me to purchase A2 Web Hosting. I purchased it and till that day to now I have mostly purchased web hosting from A2 Hosting. The best, fastest and cheapest web hosting so I will suggest you to purchase A2 Web Hosting because I am well experienced in this field.

A2 Hosting response

Thank you very much for your kind words! We're glad you've enjoyed our service so far!

Original review: July 7, 2018

I've been using A2 for several years now. It was connected with sandbox and there was a simple connection between the two. A2 is better than my previous hosting provider in which if there was a problem, it was difficult getting my previous provider to respond properly. But with A2, I can send a request and they'll reply to it. I'd recommend them.

A2 Hosting response

Glad to hear you've had a great experience hosting with us Alan!

Original review: May 30, 2018

A2 Hosting seems consistent and the price is reasonable. And I would recommend them.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I needed a hosting solution for our blog and A2 Hosting came recommended. I have been using their basic hosting package for five years now, which costs $14 a month. A2 is very simple to use. The other hosting providers we’ve used have been more on a commercial scale, where we’re paying considerably more money but just for a starter hosting package. This was fairly famous. Also, the good news with A2 Hosting is I haven’t had to use their support. They’d done a plug and play and I had no issues. It’s a good thing when they’re kind of out of sight, out of mind.

Original review: May 17, 2018

A2 Hosting was recommended by a consultant to host a private email and a website, and I've been using it for about 10 years now. Their support team has been very good and pleasant. I'm impressed with their speed, accuracy and response. However, I spend a lot of time trying to keep hackers out of my sites and email hosting and the tools for that aren't as strong as they might be. But they're probably better than most providers. There is also a technical problem with Mac platforms. Trying to log in or failing to log in will get the account blocked. Also, this is the first year we've seen hard outages from them in over a decade. We ran one of their older platforms and we moved to whatever the newer one is. The old platform had downlevel software that wasn't fully secure and the machinery is getting old so they migrated us, which was fine. Still, they're a very reliable service on a technical level.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I needed to host some domain names and used A2 Hosting given that the price seemed reasonable. They had good Windows offerings. I've used them for about 10 years now, had a few issues a number of years back and they provided very good customer service. If others want them, they have been reliable and I haven't had any problems with them. I'd recommend them.

Original review: April 26, 2018

We've had no issues with A2 Hosting over the last few years. Everything just runs like clockwork. We had to get a service cut because of something. We emailed the support group and they took care of it and sent us a ticket number and it was closed. It was one of only three tech interactions we've ever had through the years. It was quick and painless.

Original review: April 20, 2018

A friend of mine turned me out to A2 Hosting because they had a Moodle. And at that time, we were doing different things with different types of sites but we still utilize Moodle for different things. We have been with them for years now. We have a very large site and for the price, it does really well. They just upgraded us to the solid-state service. A2 Hosting had moved my site and the problem was we got a notification at about five o’clock.

Hi Mark;

Thank you for the review. I was hoping you could elaborate on your experience with us. It looks like you have been hosting with us since 2010 and have enjoyed your experience so far, but only gave us a mediocre rating. I realize our customer service team emailed you at 5:00 AM regarding the completion of your free account migration. Is there anything we can do to improve your experience with us?

Thank you!
Brad

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: April 18, 2018

A2 Hosting fit my requirements and I was with them for seven years. I got access as well as I could directly demote into the server using a secure shell terminal, which was the important thing I wanted and they provided me with that for a reasonable cost. Also, I live in Michigan where they are based so I wanted to give the local company a business. However, their customer service was not the way I expected. The resolution time was not quick but my websites were not that important. It's more personal or non-profit, so it did not really matter and I could live with that.

When they marketed the product, they said that they will give unlimited space. And at one point in time, I put some huge files in there. Then they got back to me and said that I have to remove my files because those are eating up a lot of space. I asked if there was any limit and they said it was 20gb. The manager did not give me a proper explanation and his attitude was use it or leave it. I was very dissatisfied with that reason. And I decided to move but it took a while for me to find another provider and move my files. I would not recommend A2 now, but I would’ve recommended them at the time when I moved in.

Hi Kalyan;

Thank you for the review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the 7-years you hosted with us, including the 3-years after when we did ask you to lower the disk space usage. To clarify, we do allow unlimited disk space for files related to website files. However we do from time to time will request files unrelated to websites be transferred off the server as it will impact the service experience for other customers hosted on that server.

We'd love to work with you again. If there's anything we can do to make that happen, please let us know,

Brad

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: April 17, 2018

We needed to set up some websites and we wound up going with A2 Hosting. We have used them for over a decade. I have had other hosting providers and A2 Hosting is comparable. They work and downtime is minimal. I've been in contact with somebody at A2 Hosting a couple of times and they've been responsive and have gotten stuff done.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I've had A2 Hosting for about 8 years now. It was recommended to me by someone. Everything's been fine. They helped me out several times.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I was a freelance designer for many years and I needed a web presence to get work additionally. A friend then helped me set up my website and he used A2 Hosting. He said they were good. So far, I'm perfectly satisfied. And if I have one minor complaint though, it's that I get several notifications on payments and not all of them are bills. Other than that, A2 Hosting is affordable, and I'm perfectly happy with what I have.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I have used A2 Hosting for a number of business listings. As a business owner with limited web hosting experience I have found the site a little daunting at first. However, whenever I have been faced with a problem the customer service has been accessible, prompt in responding to me enquiry, and active and effective in their follow-up. I would recommend them to looking for a relatively simple and effective web-hosting service.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I was in college setting up my first website and I needed a host. I was checking around then I found A2 Hosting and I went with them. I’ve been using them as my hosting provider since then and it has been 10 years now. I have the executive hosting where I have a primary domain and I have unlimited domains on any site that I add on. I’ve enjoyed the support that I’ve gotten from A2. It’s been great. As a student in college, I had a lot of questions about why isn’t my DNS routing and the kind of stuff and they’ve always been really accessible and helpful in answering all the questions that I’ve had over the phone.

It has been a few years since I got them on the horn but they’ve definitely been helpful every time I have to go back to them. They’re a great company and they’ve grown a lot in 10 years. I’ve recommended a bunch of friends of mine that have gone into coding and done boot camp stuff to A2 as it's good hosting. It's easy to set up and use.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I'm a computer guy and I host a number of web sites myself. I had been through six different web hosts, all with not so great of an experience. I found A2 Hosting based on their feedback. People were saying that they were great, so I thought I'd give them a try, and they've been fantastic over ten years. If there was a problem, they got out immediately and fixed it. They're right over here in Ann Arbor, which is not far from me, so their service has been working out for me. I’ve had interactions with their support reps once or twice a year, and they’ve always been good. I would recommend A2 Hosting.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I’ve used web hosting for years, probably even before the whole internet boom. A2 Hosting is in the same state as me, so their business is only about 45 minutes away. I support the small-medium businesses instead of the bigger ones like GoDaddy. And I work with a guy now that used to work for GoDaddy, so it's a small world. I had GoDaddy accounts too, and if I needed to install something, GoDaddy basically said, “Here’s your information. This is how you do it. Go do it." But I didn't know how.

With A2 Hosting, they will try to point you in that direction, but if you get a little stuck, they'll hop in there and do it for you. I've used A2 Hosting for other things, and anytime I had to deal with them from the support standpoint all the way to billing, they have been better than GoDaddy. A couple of years ago, A2 Hosting made improvements in terms of pricing but their customer service has always been great. If anyone ever asks me if they should go with GoDaddy or what kind of hosting provider, I will tell them to go to A2, a local company that I use, so they’re supporting American jobs.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I have a couple of WordPress sites and I've been with A2 Hosting for five years now. A friend of mine told me about them and I trusted his judgment so I got their service. So far, they have been a good company. When I had an issue with a hacking attempt, they helped me fix the problem. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I needed a website and chose A2 Hosting due to customer service reviews. I’ve been using them for six or more years and their support team has answered all my questions, helped me every time and I usually don't have to wait too long in terms of ticketing. The previous company that I had didn’t have full support. I wouldn't be able to talk to a real person or if I did, it was somebody in India. I would recommend A2 Hosting.

A2 Hosting expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A2 Hosting offers a wide variety of hosting services, including ad management hosting, blog hosting, CMS and CRM hosting, eCommerence hosting and more. Prices for shared hosting starts at less than $10 per month. A2 Hosting was established in 2001 as Iniquinet and began operating under their current name two years later. It is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

• Uptime: You never want your site to go down, and A2 Hosting provides reliable service. They promise serves will be up 99.9 percent of the time. They’ll give you a credit if you site is down more than 0.01 percent of the time.

• Customer support: A2 Hosting has customer support employees available 24/7. You’ll be able to get in touch with someone if you have any questions.

• Speed tests: The load time is important for your website, and A2 Hosting offers fast speeds. You can run speed tests from their website to get an estimate of upload and download speeds from their three server locations.

• Referral bonus: When you sign up for A2 Hosting, you’ll get a special referral code to share with your friend. If someone else signs up using your code, you’ll earn a $50 credit.

• Environmentally friendly: A2 Hosting reuses older hardware and encourages telecommuting to reduce its carbon footprint. The company also partners with Carbonfund.org to fight climate change.

• Best for: bloggers, small business owners, artists, writers and anyone with a personal website.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs