3.47/5

A2 Hosting

A2 Hosting is your high performance hosting provider! Whether you're looking to host WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or another solution, your site comes hosted on our blazing fast SwiftServer platform. You can even host on our Turbo Servers featuring up to 20X faster page loads compared to competing solutions. Our 24/7/365 Guru Crew Support team is standing by to answer any questions you may have. Get started now completely risk free with our Anytime Money Back Guarantee!

133 A2 Hosting Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 23, 2019

Always very prompt, helpful, courteous and patient. I have had no formal education in computers, I have know little about computer terminology, and yet they were so helpful and patient with me. I am very grateful to them. Thank you A2 Hosting!

Original review: March 23, 2019

I have moved my Reseller Hosting Account over to A2 Hosting and it has been the best decision I have made in a long time. Every question I have is answered quickly and all issues are taken care of in a timely manner. I don't have any downtime and my customers are happy with the service they are receiving from me. A2 Hosting makes me look good to my customers.

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: March 23, 2019

Thanks much guys for the awesome support. Highly responsive. Love you guys. My website was detected with a malware and was suspended. You guys gave a highly professional response and resolved my issue. Not only put my website up but also removed the malware and recovered the WordPress plugins and files. You guys have gone beyond what was expected of you. Can't thank you enough.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Jonathan was very helpful, caring, and patient with me. I had spoken to many representatives prior to him and he was by far the best. My site was hacked due to a user who made an easy password. I had called at least 4 times about it. Each time I was unable to be assisted for one reason or another. Jonathan helped me and understood my issue. He took ownership and helped me fix it.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Our visitors began seeing a "not secure" tag when they visited our website. We put in an order ticket to verify that our SSL was current. This was verified within three hours. By the next day, the "not secure" problem had been solved. A quick, effective response. A2 has assisted us three times in the past two years with serious issues, and they have come through every time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A2 Hosting?

Original review: March 13, 2019

I think I've been a customer of A2 Hosting for over 10 years now. I first started out hosting one site, then switched to a re-seller account, and have purchased multiple domains through A2. I encourage everyone looking to start a site to go to A2. Unfortunately, none of them bother to use the affiliate link I provide for them. I don't know whether it's inconvenient to find where to put the code, or if they're just not interested.

A2 is overall a very good host. I have not found anyone better. Their troubleshooting department is very good. I've been most satisfied with the troubleshooting crew when I call at very late hours (I'm located in the United States). They have been able to quickly assess any problems with my site and help me fix them quickly. I prefer to call at night as opposed to submitting an online ticket, because online ticketing seems to be a lot slower (though I always receive a reply within 24 hours).

I only have two issues with A2. One was a security breach that must have taken place over the phone. One of my old employees wanted me to give him a site, and before I gave him approval on anything, he called into A2 and separated that domain and hosting from my reseller account without my permission. The A2 rep I spoke to said he must have given them my father's middle name, but honestly, I don't know how he would have given that correctly as it's a very unusual name, and I have not seen it available anywhere online. This person also knows very, very little about me personally, so I feel it was probably a breach on A2's part. It happens and wasn't such a huge deal, so I just let it go.

The other issue is cost. I'm sure I've spent many thousands with A2 over the years, and when the server I was on got very old, slow, and was having outages, I was told I'd need to switch serves. Unfortunately, this came at an additional cost, when I feel the cost should have remained the same. I think A2 should honor very loyal, longtime customers by being able to lock in reasonable rates. I currently feel I'm paying too much. I'm not really working on sites anymore, and only have a couple on my account that need zero maintenance, so I just feel like it's a lot of money. Other than those two things, I've been very satisfied with the company. Thank you.

Original review: March 13, 2019

A2 Hosting has been very good at giving advance notice of back-end work. Additionally their support staff is quick, accurate and friendly. Problems have been solved with little drama. I have used A2 Hosting for over 8 years and have been very satisfied with the experience. I look forward to continued usage of this platform.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I've been very happy with their Linux server availability and service in those times when something went sideways. I highly recommend the services of A2 Hosting to anyone with minimal website building experience or the advanced site builder. Their reseller program is also top-notch!

Original review: March 12, 2019

A2 Hosting has been a reliable website hosting service for our small business. When our business went through a payment plan transition last year, they offered flexibility and had good customer service to make it work. We would recommend them.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I've had a shared hosting package at A2 for 9 years. During that time, technical support has always been very helpful, regardless whether the issue at hand was due to a software update or my own silly mistake. Also, speed, uptime and pricing are very competitive. Overall A2 would be my first recommendation for anyone looking for a host.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I was with A2 Hosting for 12 months, the majority of the time their hosting service was stable. Several tickets has to be raised concerning hosting speed, which eventually were resolved. Towards the end I found their service level and customer support unacceptable. Days to answer tickets, which were eventually answered without the issue being resolved. Hosting and email was down for a week, but the issue was 'out of their hands' as my hosting was 'Not on one of their servers' and reliant on a third party to resolve the issue. Yes, they are re-sellers not complete providers. Their marketing is good, but shop around before believing what you read.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

They were good in the first few months, after extending the plan we started having issues! They suspended account 4 times a week, and it happened before as well. We don't have access to emails or website or cpanel. They take days long to answer the tickets and forget about reaching them with chat or phone in an emergency because your wait time is more than an hour. And they only solve the ticket that related invoice or product sales with quick response. Anything related to technical issues they take days to answer stating it went to advanced support or analysis department. Sometimes you don't even get the response.

They recommended me to pay for dedicated support for fast response, i did that as well but is the same! This is an another A2 hosting strategy to rob the clients money! We are without emails and website more than a week. Guys trust me! don't believe that paid rating sites which recommend you the A2 hosting for a commission! This is terrible hosting provider. Be away from it!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

A2 Hosting claims to offer 24/7 support. I have now filed 3 tickets in the course of the last 24 hours and still no reply in sight (most recent ticket is **). All of this issue, incidentally, on account of their recent server update or whatever. I was told by A2 Hosting that since I am on one of their servers, I had nothing to do, and that life would continue as before. And now, I cannot post to my website (Sandvox) because it will no longer connect with A2 Hosting. Hugely frustrating! And no reply to my tickets... What kind of support service is that?

Hi Pierre,

I apologize for the delay, we are currently experiencing higher than average support volumes. We do provide 24/7 support and I can see where our staff have now helped you to correct the problem you were facing. If you continue to have issues please reply back to your support ticket and let us know.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I have been with A2 for 2.5 years. They were great for the first year or so but have been sliding down in the past year. My VPS server has had a plethora of issues and they refuse to acknowledge any trouble. In addition to server errors, their once responsive support services are really terrible. There is always a long wait on Live Chat, Support tickets take 2-3 days to get to and it seems they always have questions with the answer typically covered in the original request. I try to provide detailed info in my tickets and upon hitting submit the ticket vanishes. It's frustrating enough to have a lot of problems without losing my request for support. I'm not sure where to turn or who to trust if I decide to leave as I have used many hosts in the past 20 years. They all seem to be unreliable in one way or another.

Hi Glenda,

I am sorry to see that you are having issues. Could you please provide me with a ticket ID # so that I can take a look for you? I am unable to locate your account with the details provided here.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Updated on 03/02/2019: After five days of inaccessible osCommerce installation I with no signs of A2 support doing anything except asking to specify the problem again and again I moved my site to another host where I have it run flawlessly. The problem with A2 was their server upgrade which ruined my working site and their inability to tell me about the changes. Their response time to tickets was over 12 hours on average, while my new host has ticket response times of less than 20 minutes. I'm sorry I had to leave this once great host.

Original Review: After their server update on February 17th my E-Commerce app stopped working (Error 500), I issued a ticket but so far no solution except trying to shift the blame on my app. I'm going to move to another host soon.

Hi Roland,

I apologize for the issues you have had with our support, this is not the norm and I appreciate you bringing it to our attention. I have escalated your issue now and you will have further feedback soon.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I switched to A2 Hosting after researching hosting companies online and seeing several recommendations for them based on speed and service. As a growing nonprofit I needed the support. But in my experience, they fail. I have never been able to reach support via their chat. It's always offline or has an extended wait. If you call, there is a wait time of over an hour. And when you do finally get to speak to someone they just file a ticket, they don't actually work to resolve the issue immediately. This is unacceptable.

Additionally I have had issues with email security. Twice in the past month I have received emails that say I have been hacked and threaten me if I don't pay someone online via Bitcoin. One appeared to come from a business contact, the other seemed to be sent from myself. I have changed the password, have a 50 character password created by 1Password, and this is STILL happening. So the issue is clearly a matter of A2 not securing the accounts properly. I contacted A2 about this the first time and didn't get much of a response to the ticket. I just tried to contact them about this issue again and couldn't reach anyone because of the backup on support. How am I receiving the service I pay for?

Hello,

I am sorry to see that you are having issues here. Could you provide me with a ticket ID so that we may investigate further? Spammers can often exploit insecurities in your site to send unauthorized email. I would suspect this is what is happening in your case.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

This is my first time writing a review about an experience with any company. I transferred to A2 Hosting because I had a growing membership site and needed additional speed. During this time I have experienced very little of what was advertised. Additionally, I have even upgraded my service and instead of getting better it appears to be getting worst.

This downtime has cost me at least two thousand dollars in revenue which I am sure I will not be compensated when it is time to pay my $300 bill from these people. DOWNTIME COST MONEY! I am so turned off by the service I am either going back to Hostgator or looking at Bluehost. One thing I can say about Hostgator is that their customer service was always exceptional.

Hi Joseph,

Apologies for the issues you have encountered. Do you have a ticket ID that I could use to review your issue? I would very much like to determine what has happened here.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Our websites encountered malware attack a week ago, and engaged their Sucuri Clean Up to restore the page, it has been a week and the issues have yet to be resolved. Despite our several chasers, still they are so reluctant and slow in update and reply... Can somebody help to look into this matter?

Hi Jamie;

Thanks for letting us know! Could you please share your ticket number with us so that I can view the support history? I don't see the URL listed in your attached image in our customer database. We'll be happy to look into this further for you if you can share more details about your A2 Hosting account.

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Dear all!! We have been with A2 hosting since several year and it's now the lack of service been very very negative and bad and pathetic response from customer services and not provided any reason for why? The website is down for last 3 days and we been losing daily sales of 3000$ to 8000$ every day. It's time to change!!! Unhappy unhappy unhappy.

Hello Hussain;

I'm sorry to hear that! We hate to lose any customer, but especially one that has been working with us for so many years. Could you please let me know your ticket number so we can take a look at it? I'll see what we can do to get this corrected for you.

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Updated on 02/07/2019: I have been dealing with the A2 Hosting support for a few days now and haven't gotten anywhere. My VPS constantly has issues and now it's down. I just setup a new client and launched a new site so my client is freaking out about why the site is not up. I contact support and can't get anyone to respond! I have tried to contact their support via phone and after 25 minutes of waiting I gave up. I am going to drop A2, they are the most incompetent web host I have ever dealt with. A2 is a joke!

Original Review: I have been with A2 Hosting for a little over a month now and have begun to set up a few sites. First off, the Plesk installation is not setup correctly. When you setup a site, it adds site files to a directory, but no index landing page. Second, the VPS is extremely slow. Just trying to move a file or window takes an extremely long time and is very frustrating when you are trying to get something done. It takes over 30 seconds just to open Internet Explorer.

I have not touched this server since it was setup, so I would think I would not have any issues. And support? What support? When and if you are ever able to chat with a support person they say they need to create a ticket. Thanks for wasting an hour of my time just to be told I need to create a ticket for which the response time is hours later, in my case 3 hours later!!! Then, when you try to view the ticket through your account page, the A2 Hosting site keeps throwing a 524 error. Error 524 Ray ID: ** • 2019-02-06 15:06:43 UTC. A timeout occurred.

I have servers set up with other companies and by far, A2 Hosting is the worst and the slowest. On top of all the issues, I am paying for "Turbo boost". I would hate to see what this server is like without it. I asked the support person if they recommended reputable host and they said I should look into AWS or Microsoft Azure. Point taken.

Hi Lee;

I'm very sorry to hear about this experience! I can say it's definitely not typical of our service. This definitely needs to be reviewed by our team and myself. Could you please share the ticket number with us so we can review the issue in its entirety?

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

This is a great service until you have a problem. There is no phone support (meaning they never answer and they have possibly the worst music ever by the way that just goes over and over). It's been 24 hours since my issue has put pop ups on all our iPhones every minute once every 10 seconds for every e-mail account on the phone and I've had no meaningful solution even hinted at.

Hi Tom;

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into issues with your email/hosting account. Do you have a ticket number that we could look at?

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I've been waiting for Custom NS for 18 hours. They're late for the tickets. Online support says, "We have updated the ticket". Another firm updates 10 min NS. How difficult it can be NS update. I cannot get any answers.

Hello;

Thank you for your review and feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Unfortunately we don't host those nameserver records and this is what caused a lot of these issues. Of course we could have met your support needs better and have extended you a hosting credit for your troubles.

Thanks again,

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

A2 Hosting has a very unfair way between the promises on the website and what you actually get. Their “ALL UNLIMITED” hosting is very limited, even than much cheaper other hosting servers. The worst and slowest support ever. Tickets are assigned only with date, WITHOUT hours and minute. Here is my experience in details. I opened a shared account with A2 Hosting ("SWIFT") which is one in the higher range of shared hosting. I transferred 4 small static websites from my ex-hosting and tried fifth. I couldn’t install the fifth one and spent the half day trying different ways. And then I wrote the first ticket. I WAS WAITING 10 HOURS ON RESPONSE which doesn’t explain me what to do: “We're seeing the Akeeba restore Kickstarters triggering the Disk IO Faults on the account. We have a limit of 2.4MB's Transfer rate on disk and the app is exceeding this.” I replied with a question what to do and wait again 10 hours.

I checked in the knowledge base about IO transfer speed 2.4mb’s, asked other hosting services and got answers that are “ridiculous”. Then I escalate this ticket in the sales department and finally got this answer that it was kind of error and they are not able to investigate further. They explained me with a sorry that sometimes it can be caused by running multiple services on the same account, as all of the sites there share the same resources limit. Now they show me exit door without clear explanation what is wrong. Disk size of all my websites were around 500MB. Sooo, that means their ALL unlimited service is, in fact, most limited-service I’ve ever used. For me, it is cheating on a low level. I spent almost two frustrating days for nothing. It is luck that I discovered so early and still have my websites on the old server. The third day I cancelled the account.

A2 Hosting response

I'm sorry to see you experienced some frustration while using our services. Our shared plans are container based with various limits in place to increase the stability of the server. The limits we have usually do not cause issues for normal site operation and are satisfactory for the majority of websites. Single accounts do have an overall limit though which can be reached from the total usage of all the domains you add. Generally a reseller account is better for managing multiple domains, which I can see our staff recommended for you.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I needed a new web hosting provider and my IT personnel suggested A2. I've been using A2 for eight years and it's wonderful. They're responsive, answer my questions and go out of their way to help. However, their tier-level structure can be difficult sometimes. I usually don’t call unless I needed them to help and I have to go through a few tiers before I would verbally get advanced help. But if I submit a ticket, they respond to that accurately within the day. It's a different business that they're in so I understand the situation. If I didn’t, I might be frustrated. I also understand the world that we live in currently and it's difficult to address it all expediently.

Hi Brad;

I'm so glad to hear about your positive experience! We look forward to many more years of working together!

Thanks!

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Our web designer recommended A2 Hosting for our agency's website. Their support team has been very gracious. They answered my questions, took care of the issues and is very timely in helping.

Hi Bridgit;

Thank you for your review! Is there anything we can do to make your experience a 5-star one?

Thanks!

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I needed web hosting, and I was originally with GoDaddy. I needed newer versions of software, and at the time, A2 Hosting was one of the providers that had the most up-to-date software for the class of service I was looking for. A2 Hosting is much more personal than GoDaddy. But I wish that I would be upsold. When they do an update and another server becomes available, it would be nice if they would inform me. For example, they had come out with a newer version of PHP on different servers and there's no notice that migration was possible. Nevertheless, my experience with the A2 Hosting reps has been excellent. They have been willing to answer any of my questions.

Hi Bradley;

Thanks for the review! We'll do our best to keep you informed of new services available on our servers moving forward. Thanks again!

Kind Regards,

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I fired A2 Hosting for poor service after being a customer of theirs for 55 months. The reason I quit using A2. I received email notification on 10-16 that my email service was suspended due to a large volume of spam mail. Our company email account got hacked. I contacted A2 support when I received the notification. Support told me to clear out the fake emails, change the password, and they would remove the suspension. I did as they requested. I received confirmation they would lift the suspension. The next morning I didn't check my email because I was with a client. I get a call from my office tell me our email wasn’t working. My office has multiple (6-8) phone and email conversations with the A2 support team. They promised they would resolve the problem.

My office had to follow up numerous times because they weren’t honoring their commitment to fix our problem. I arrived back in the office on the morning of Oct 18th to discover our emails were still not working. I called and left a voicemail for the CEO, Bryan Muthig. Bryan did not return my call, but our email was working within an hour. There is a lack of consistent service at A2 because of the lack of ownership on some of the people on the support team; due to lack of training or really don’t care about the customer. I’ve had poor service experiences with their support team in the past, but I wasn't willing to take the time or make the investment to switch to another provider. This experience was the last straw. It cost my company time, money and the reputation with clients when we weren’t responding promptly. I have fired A2 because of poor service.

Hi David,

I am sorry to see that your account was hacked. Thanks for your feedback, I will review this matter with those involved to see how we can improve.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I own a web development company, so we build lots of sites for different clients. I have gone through a number of different hosting providers over the years and things change, requirements change, and technology changes. I initially tried A2 out just to see how it was but I ended up choosing them because I felt that they were approachable and they’re kind of local in a way. And when I call, I get a person and I know who I'm talking to.

I moved everything to A2 because of the quality of the hosting and the speed of the servers. The service support that they offer was really what kind of turned me. The product had to be good, but inevitably, there are problems and so I need to be able to reach out and talk to someone. I’ve known a number of their guys over the years. I used to work with one guy who's not there anymore and I really loved working with him. I have a lot of different clients I’ve hosted on their servers and I have several accounts with A2. I have a dedicated server and I have a BPS. When you have as much contact as I’ve had in the past, you just get to know people because you spend a lot of time on the phone with them.

The other thing that I always liked about working with the team was the tier 1 support that I worked with for the first couple of years, even late last year. They would help you solve problems that weren’t within the scope of maybe what they’re supposed to do. They would help me work through the WordPress issues that constantly come up. Whereas now, when I call, I get maybe some information about the problem and it’s more like, "Well, you need to go do this," instead of helping me get it done. It’s not my helpful neighbor anymore. When I’m in a client facing business, where I’m managing 65 websites for clients and some thing has come up out of the blue, I’m looking to solve the problem. It’s usually an emergency for somebody. But that being said, reliability seems to be steady. And the pain of switching is high, so I’m captive up to a point.

I’ve come close to leaving A2 in the last couple of years. I’ve had some concerns over their product reliability at this point to the extent that they had some serious issues over the last year with the power outage of the data centers. They don’t own their data centers, not even within their control, but nevertheless. They had two power outage situations that I can recall in the last year that shut everything down including the ability to contact them. That was not a good situation. But I met with one of their reps and I had a heart-to-heart with him a little bit about it. Since then, things really seemed to be reliable.

The support has migrated and they’ve had some change in personnel. So, that turnover makes me think a little bit about that because an important aspect of my relationship with A2 that has changed a little bit was the personal relationship. That was the value because everything could be going to crap, but if you got the people there that kinda walk you through it and talk about it, and ensure you can keep up with it, following up with things going on, then that makes up for a lot of crap. But I don’t feel like I have that anymore with them. I am testing other companies right now. It’s not about leaving A2, but it’s about diversifying my server base.

Other than that, I always recommend A2, but it depends on who for. Given my experience the last year, if you’ve got an enterprise level solution that can’t afford any hiccups, I’d have to think about that a little bit. But if it’s just a normal business website that if it goes down for an hour or two in the middle of the night and not matter, that’s fine.

Hi Benjamin;

Thanks for the support through the years and we do appreciate your kind words! You're right about the power outage too, which was completely unacceptable considering the backup power wasn't working. That's why we've been working to make our other data center options the default choice as well as review options to migrate services from that location.

If there's anything you need at all, please don't hesitate to ask! We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I’ve hosted many sites myself and I was looking to do a dedicated server so that I could put them all in one server and consolidate some of my spending so, I switched to A2. It has been three years since I created the account and I kinda got out of that industry and did something completely different. However, I have a few legacy accounts that I still manage and I'm kinda phasing them out. I got a few email support questions and A2 Hosting have always been quick to respond. I have recommended them to a co-worker of mine.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Proving very difficult to deal with. Last year a friend recommended this company for our web hosting. We had to stay with GoDaddy because it became so complicated to the point our web site went down. So I canceled the contract with A2 HOSTING and they after taking out charges out gave us a refund. THANK YOU. This year they inform me that my year is up I need to pay again. After many EMAILS to A2 Hosting saying I cancelled last year and warning them not to charge my card many times, yes they charged me, now a lengthy procedure to try and gain my funds back for sure. It's not the money that's important to me. It's the principle that after telling A2 Hosting I did not want their services anymore with plenty of warning they still took my money. I will not deal with them again just to let everyone know.

Hi Kevin;

I do apologize for the issue and the frustration! I reviewed the issue, so just to recap, we just need the pin number to your account so our team can confirm ownership of the account to cancel and refund the SSL. It looks like your password has been changed and sent to you so you can access the pin. Just send that back via your open ticket and they can get this handled for you.

A2 Hosting | Marketing Manager

A2 Hosting expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A2 Hosting offers a wide variety of hosting services, including ad management hosting, blog hosting, CMS and CRM hosting, eCommerence hosting and more. Prices for shared hosting starts at less than $10 per month. A2 Hosting was established in 2001 as Iniquinet and began operating under their current name two years later. It is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

• Uptime: You never want your site to go down, and A2 Hosting provides reliable service. They promise serves will be up 99.9 percent of the time. They’ll give you a credit if you site is down more than 0.01 percent of the time.

• Customer support: A2 Hosting has customer support employees available 24/7. You’ll be able to get in touch with someone if you have any questions.

• Speed tests: The load time is important for your website, and A2 Hosting offers fast speeds. You can run speed tests from their website to get an estimate of upload and download speeds from their three server locations.

• Referral bonus: When you sign up for A2 Hosting, you’ll get a special referral code to share with your friend. If someone else signs up using your code, you’ll earn a $50 credit.

• Environmentally friendly: A2 Hosting reuses older hardware and encourages telecommuting to reduce its carbon footprint. The company also partners with Carbonfund.org to fight climate change.

• Best for: bloggers, small business owners, artists, writers and anyone with a personal website.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs