3.11/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

A2 Hosting

A2 Hosting is your high performance hosting provider! Whether you're looking to host WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or another solution, your site comes hosted on our blazing fast SwiftServer platform. You can even host on our Turbo Servers featuring up to 20X faster page loads compared to competing solutions. Our 24/7/365 Guru Crew Support team is standing by to answer any questions you may have. Get started now completely risk free with our Anytime Money Back Guarantee!

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

A2 Hosting Reviews

Original review: March 13, 2019

I think I've been a customer of A2 Hosting for over 10 years now. I first started out hosting one site, then switched to a re-seller account, and have purchased multiple domains through A2. I encourage everyone looking to start a site to go to A2. Unfortunately, none of them bother to use the affiliate link I provide for them. I don't know whether it's inconvenient to find where to put the code, or if they're just not interested.

A2 is overall a very good host. I have not found anyone better. Their troubleshooting department is very good. I've been most satisfied with the troubleshooting crew when I call at very late hours (I'm located in the United States). They have been able to quickly assess any problems with my site and help me fix them quickly. I prefer to call at night as opposed to submitting an online ticket, because online ticketing seems to be a lot slower (though I always receive a reply within 24 hours).

I only have two issues with A2. One was a security breach that must have taken place over the phone. One of my old employees wanted me to give him a site, and before I gave him approval on anything, he called into A2 and separated that domain and hosting from my reseller account without my permission. The A2 rep I spoke to said he must have given them my father's middle name, but honestly, I don't know how he would have given that correctly as it's a very unusual name, and I have not seen it available anywhere online. This person also knows very, very little about me personally, so I feel it was probably a breach on A2's part. It happens and wasn't such a huge deal, so I just let it go.

The other issue is cost. I'm sure I've spent many thousands with A2 over the years, and when the server I was on got very old, slow, and was having outages, I was told I'd need to switch serves. Unfortunately, this came at an additional cost, when I feel the cost should have remained the same. I think A2 should honor very loyal, longtime customers by being able to lock in reasonable rates. I currently feel I'm paying too much. I'm not really working on sites anymore, and only have a couple on my account that need zero maintenance, so I just feel like it's a lot of money. Other than those two things, I've been very satisfied with the company. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I own a web development company, so we build lots of sites for different clients. I have gone through a number of different hosting providers over the years and things change, requirements change, and technology changes. I initially tried A2 out just to see how it was but I ended up choosing them because I felt that they were approachable and they’re kind of local in a way. And when I call, I get a person and I know who I'm talking to.

I moved everything to A2 because of the quality of the hosting and the speed of the servers. The service support that they offer was really what kind of turned me. The product had to be good, but inevitably, there are problems and so I need to be able to reach out and talk to someone. I’ve known a number of their guys over the years. I used to work with one guy who's not there anymore and I really loved working with him. I have a lot of different clients I’ve hosted on their servers and I have several accounts with A2. I have a dedicated server and I have a BPS. When you have as much contact as I’ve had in the past, you just get to know people because you spend a lot of time on the phone with them.

The other thing that I always liked about working with the team was the tier 1 support that I worked with for the first couple of years, even late last year. They would help you solve problems that weren’t within the scope of maybe what they’re supposed to do. They would help me work through the WordPress issues that constantly come up. Whereas now, when I call, I get maybe some information about the problem and it’s more like, "Well, you need to go do this," instead of helping me get it done. It’s not my helpful neighbor anymore. When I’m in a client facing business, where I’m managing 65 websites for clients and some thing has come up out of the blue, I’m looking to solve the problem. It’s usually an emergency for somebody. But that being said, reliability seems to be steady. And the pain of switching is high, so I’m captive up to a point.

I’ve come close to leaving A2 in the last couple of years. I’ve had some concerns over their product reliability at this point to the extent that they had some serious issues over the last year with the power outage of the data centers. They don’t own their data centers, not even within their control, but nevertheless. They had two power outage situations that I can recall in the last year that shut everything down including the ability to contact them. That was not a good situation. But I met with one of their reps and I had a heart-to-heart with him a little bit about it. Since then, things really seemed to be reliable.

The support has migrated and they’ve had some change in personnel. So, that turnover makes me think a little bit about that because an important aspect of my relationship with A2 that has changed a little bit was the personal relationship. That was the value because everything could be going to crap, but if you got the people there that kinda walk you through it and talk about it, and ensure you can keep up with it, following up with things going on, then that makes up for a lot of crap. But I don’t feel like I have that anymore with them. I am testing other companies right now. It’s not about leaving A2, but it’s about diversifying my server base.

Other than that, I always recommend A2, but it depends on who for. Given my experience the last year, if you’ve got an enterprise level solution that can’t afford any hiccups, I’d have to think about that a little bit. But if it’s just a normal business website that if it goes down for an hour or two in the middle of the night and not matter, that’s fine.

Hi Benjamin;

Thanks for the support through the years and we do appreciate your kind words! You're right about the power outage too, which was completely unacceptable considering the backup power wasn't working. That's why we've been working to make our other data center options the default choice as well as review options to migrate services from that location.

If there's anything you need at all, please don't hesitate to ask! We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I tried about a dozen different hosting companies and I had a problem with each one of them. Bluehost had a bad router and I was having to call them multiple times per day. I would tell their tech support to reboot the darn thing because my websites would all go down. It was happening often enough that I knew exactly what the problem was but they weren't replacing it so I left. A2 was the first one where I didn't have a problem so I stuck with them. I have also recommended them multiple times. They seemed to fit my needs the best. I'm on a reseller package, the standard one, and at this point, I've been an A2 Hosting customer for quite a few years.

Generally, they've been responsive whenever I've had a question. I migrated about two years ago to an updated server. It was a seamless process but I had a few customers who are hosting through me that were going directly to the old servers. So we had to troubleshoot that and get them fixed. But that wasn't a problem on the A2 side and it wasn't too much of an issue.

Hi Blaine;

Thank you for the review and we're glad that we're working better for you compared to your previous solutions. Let us know if you need anything to help improve your experience!

Thanks again,
      Brad Litwin

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I run a small website design and hosting business. We had gone through a really bad experience with HostGator when they had an outage at one of their data centers where our servers were located so we started looking around. My business partner at the time had either read an article on A2 Hosting or had some recommendation from someone so we checked deeper into it and it looked like a good program.

For the most part, A2 has been really good to work with. The only part that's been frustrating for me is we have had some outage events where it seemed to take a really long time to get support because of the breadth of impact of the outage or we were in line behind a bunch of people to get support. But the last time that happened was about two years ago and I haven't had any events occur since then. At the same time, I've also reduced the number of my clients that I have on my A2 Hosting account and I'm in the process of moving off of A2 Hosting. But overall, the people I've worked with had been very knowledgeable, very helpful, and supportive. They've also been very accommodating. So, if anybody is looking for general hosting services, I would definitely recommend A2 to them.

A2 Hosting response

I'm glad to hear you have had a positive experience with us overall Art. However, we'd love to see if there's anything we can do to keep you with our service even though you're downsizing your business.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I had a web video site and a wedding site. I was kinda doing that on the side. I was working with GoDaddy initially and I was having issues with them. Then, I was trying to build a website and the company I was looking with to build my initial website was tied in with A2 Hosting and I ended up with them. With A2 Hosting, as far as the domains go, everything is fine. I haven't actually been using none of my domain names, but I don't wanna lose them because they're good.

The thing I like about A2 is I can navigate around pretty simply around their webpage. I understood more of what I was getting for. Also, A2 Hosting continues and keeps me updated when I'm gonna lose a domain. They follow up with emails and they gave like a 100 chances to say, "Okay, you must not want this." I really like that because a lot of times, I get a lot of junk mail and I don't get it or it'll go into spam and it would just move for whatever reason. And with GoDaddy, I would go into default and it was a pain in the butt. The only reason I have my domain names is because of A2's persistence.

A2 Hosting response

Glad to hear you've enjoyed your experience with us so far!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A2 Hosting?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

They did a good job. We had to transfer more than 30 cPanel accounts from the previous reseller. A2 Hosting did a great job with the backup and restore process. Some accounts were really had to migrate since a lot of emails and other business documents. But everything went nicely.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Immediate response, very professional - I found the resolution myself but was still impressed at response time. Server features are all there at the ready. Very easy to navigate around the dashboard and very easy to find the areas that you need well done. Thanks you. Have a fantastic day. Russell

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

As the old saying goes, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Well then, the A2 Gurus can! I'm an old dog but the Gurus were successful in my case, helped me for days - and nights! - to learn new possibilities resolving my problems, and to decide what will be the most satisfying solution. Thank you very much, all of you, Jessica, Tyler and Ben!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I'm totally surprised using A2 Hosting Since two years. Their service and support both are super fast! Before that I was using GoDaddy and Bluehost but I transfer my all websites in A2 Hosting because of their support and 20X Faster SSD Servers including free SLL to provide customers a safe and secure platform. I hope they'll continue their best!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Being a newbie and trying to navigate through the complexity of setting up a Wordpress blog can be a frustrating experience. Thanks to you guys at A2, I have been able to navigate through this experience easily and without having to wait a long time even on weekends.

A2 Hosting expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A2 Hosting offers a wide variety of hosting services, including ad management hosting, blog hosting, CMS and CRM hosting, eCommerence hosting and more. Prices for shared hosting starts at less than $10 per month. A2 Hosting was established in 2001 as Iniquinet and began operating under their current name two years later. It is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

• Uptime: You never want your site to go down, and A2 Hosting provides reliable service. They promise serves will be up 99.9 percent of the time. They’ll give you a credit if you site is down more than 0.01 percent of the time.

• Customer support: A2 Hosting has customer support employees available 24/7. You’ll be able to get in touch with someone if you have any questions.

• Speed tests: The load time is important for your website, and A2 Hosting offers fast speeds. You can run speed tests from their website to get an estimate of upload and download speeds from their three server locations.

• Referral bonus: When you sign up for A2 Hosting, you’ll get a special referral code to share with your friend. If someone else signs up using your code, you’ll earn a $50 credit.

• Environmentally friendly: A2 Hosting reuses older hardware and encourages telecommuting to reduce its carbon footprint. The company also partners with Carbonfund.org to fight climate change.

• Best for: bloggers, small business owners, artists, writers and anyone with a personal website.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs