4.51/5
Based on 79 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A2 Hosting is your high performance hosting provider! Whether you're looking to host WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or another solution, your site comes hosted on our blazing fast SwiftServer platform. You can even host on our Turbo Servers featuring up to 20X faster page loads compared to competing solutions. Our 24/7/365 Guru Crew Support team is standing by to answer any questions you may have. Get started now completely risk free with our Anytime Money Back Guarantee!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

87 A2 Hosting Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 7, 2018

I've been using A2 for several years now. It was connected with sandbox and there was a simple connection between the two. A2 is better than my previous hosting provider in which if there was a problem, it was difficult getting my previous provider to respond properly. But with A2, I can send a request and they'll reply to it. I'd recommend them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: May 30, 2018

A2 Hosting seems consistent and the price is reasonable. And I would recommend them.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I needed a hosting solution for our blog and A2 Hosting came recommended. I have been using their basic hosting package for five years now, which costs $14 a month. A2 is very simple to use. The other hosting providers we’ve used have been more on a commercial scale, where we’re paying considerably more money but just for a starter hosting package. This was fairly famous. Also, the good news with A2 Hosting is I haven’t had to use their support. They’d done a plug and play and I had no issues. It’s a good thing when they’re kind of out of sight, out of mind.

Original review: May 17, 2018

A2 Hosting was recommended by a consultant to host a private email and a website, and I've been using it for about 10 years now. Their support team has been very good and pleasant. I'm impressed with their speed, accuracy and response. However, I spend a lot of time trying to keep hackers out of my sites and email hosting and the tools for that aren't as strong as they might be. But they're probably better than most providers. There is also a technical problem with Mac platforms. Trying to log in or failing to log in will get the account blocked. Also, this is the first year we've seen hard outages from them in over a decade. We ran one of their older platforms and we moved to whatever the newer one is. The old platform had downlevel software that wasn't fully secure and the machinery is getting old so they migrated us, which was fine. Still, they're a very reliable service on a technical level.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I needed to host some domain names and used A2 Hosting given that the price seemed reasonable. They had good Windows offerings. I've used them for about 10 years now, had a few issues a number of years back and they provided very good customer service. If others want them, they have been reliable and I haven't had any problems with them. I'd recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A2 Hosting?

Original review: April 26, 2018

We've had no issues with A2 Hosting over the last few years. Everything just runs like clockwork. We had to get a service cut because of something. We emailed the support group and they took care of it and sent us a ticket number and it was closed. It was one of only three tech interactions we've ever had through the years. It was quick and painless.

Original review: April 20, 2018

A friend of mine turned me out to A2 Hosting because they had a Moodle. And at that time, we were doing different things with different types of sites but we still utilize Moodle for different things. We have been with them for years now. We have a very large site and for the price, it does really well. They just upgraded us to the solid-state service. A2 Hosting had moved my site and the problem was we got a notification at about five o’clock.

Hi Mark;

Thank you for the review. I was hoping you could elaborate on your experience with us. It looks like you have been hosting with us since 2010 and have enjoyed your experience so far, but only gave us a mediocre rating. I realize our customer service team emailed you at 5:00 AM regarding the completion of your free account migration. Is there anything we can do to improve your experience with us?

Thank you!
Brad

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: April 18, 2018

A2 Hosting fit my requirements and I was with them for seven years. I got access as well as I could directly demote into the server using a secure shell terminal, which was the important thing I wanted and they provided me with that for a reasonable cost. Also, I live in Michigan where they are based so I wanted to give the local company a business. However, their customer service was not the way I expected. The resolution time was not quick but my websites were not that important. It's more personal or non-profit, so it did not really matter and I could live with that.

When they marketed the product, they said that they will give unlimited space. And at one point in time, I put some huge files in there. Then they got back to me and said that I have to remove my files because those are eating up a lot of space. I asked if there was any limit and they said it was 20gb. The manager did not give me a proper explanation and his attitude was use it or leave it. I was very dissatisfied with that reason. And I decided to move but it took a while for me to find another provider and move my files. I would not recommend A2 now, but I would’ve recommended them at the time when I moved in.

Hi Kalyan;

Thank you for the review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the 7-years you hosted with us, including the 3-years after when we did ask you to lower the disk space usage. To clarify, we do allow unlimited disk space for files related to website files. However we do from time to time will request files unrelated to websites be transferred off the server as it will impact the service experience for other customers hosted on that server.

We'd love to work with you again. If there's anything we can do to make that happen, please let us know,

Brad

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: April 17, 2018

We needed to set up some websites and we wound up going with A2 Hosting. We have used them for over a decade. I have had other hosting providers and A2 Hosting is comparable. They work and downtime is minimal. I've been in contact with somebody at A2 Hosting a couple of times and they've been responsive and have gotten stuff done.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I've had A2 Hosting for about 8 years now. It was recommended to me by someone. Everything's been fine. They helped me out several times.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I was a freelance designer for many years and I needed a web presence to get work additionally. A friend then helped me set up my website and he used A2 Hosting. He said they were good. So far, I'm perfectly satisfied. And if I have one minor complaint though, it's that I get several notifications on payments and not all of them are bills. Other than that, A2 Hosting is affordable, and I'm perfectly happy with what I have.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I was in college setting up my first website and I needed a host. I was checking around then I found A2 Hosting and I went with them. I’ve been using them as my hosting provider since then and it has been 10 years now. I have the executive hosting where I have a primary domain and I have unlimited domains on any site that I add on. I’ve enjoyed the support that I’ve gotten from A2. It’s been great. As a student in college, I had a lot of questions about why isn’t my DNS routing and the kind of stuff and they’ve always been really accessible and helpful in answering all the questions that I’ve had over the phone.

It has been a few years since I got them on the horn but they’ve definitely been helpful every time I have to go back to them. They’re a great company and they’ve grown a lot in 10 years. I’ve recommended a bunch of friends of mine that have gone into coding and done boot camp stuff to A2 as it's good hosting. It's easy to set up and use.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I'm a computer guy and I host a number of web sites myself. I had been through six different web hosts, all with not so great of an experience. I found A2 Hosting based on their feedback. People were saying that they were great, so I thought I'd give them a try, and they've been fantastic over ten years. If there was a problem, they got out immediately and fixed it. They're right over here in Ann Arbor, which is not far from me, so their service has been working out for me. I’ve had interactions with their support reps once or twice a year, and they’ve always been good. I would recommend A2 Hosting.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I’ve used web hosting for years, probably even before the whole internet boom. A2 Hosting is in the same state as me, so their business is only about 45 minutes away. I support the small-medium businesses instead of the bigger ones like GoDaddy. And I work with a guy now that used to work for GoDaddy, so it's a small world. I had GoDaddy accounts too, and if I needed to install something, GoDaddy basically said, “Here’s your information. This is how you do it. Go do it." But I didn't know how.

With A2 Hosting, they will try to point you in that direction, but if you get a little stuck, they'll hop in there and do it for you. I've used A2 Hosting for other things, and anytime I had to deal with them from the support standpoint all the way to billing, they have been better than GoDaddy. A couple of years ago, A2 Hosting made improvements in terms of pricing but their customer service has always been great. If anyone ever asks me if they should go with GoDaddy or what kind of hosting provider, I will tell them to go to A2, a local company that I use, so they’re supporting American jobs.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I have a couple of WordPress sites and I've been with A2 Hosting for five years now. A friend of mine told me about them and I trusted his judgment so I got their service. So far, they have been a good company. When I had an issue with a hacking attempt, they helped me fix the problem. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I needed a website and chose A2 Hosting due to customer service reviews. I’ve been using them for six or more years and their support team has answered all my questions, helped me every time and I usually don't have to wait too long in terms of ticketing. The previous company that I had didn’t have full support. I wouldn't be able to talk to a real person or if I did, it was somebody in India. I would recommend A2 Hosting.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

We’ve been with A2 for a number of years now and it’s been going good. We haven’t had much contact with them and we have no negative feedback for their representatives.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We run a non-profit and we have a website. We've been using A2 Hosting for five years now and so far, our website works. But something happened with our SLS certificate one time. I got an email from A2 Hosting that said we needed to remove our certificate but if we had global hosting, it would renew automatically. I thought it was great that it would renew automatically. But later, our website went down and it turned out that A2 automatically gave us a token that I had to go and download. So the communication wasn't clear enough and it really messed things up. That was frustrating. It was totally user-error on my part but I would've appreciated some acknowledgment from the hosting company that some people didn't know exactly what was going on. So they should be clearer about things like that, especially if it was something that would be pretty drastic.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

We hired somebody to do the website for us and that somebody hired A2 Hosting. We have A2 Hosting for as long as we’ve had the website and there have been no problems.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

A2 Hosting has been perfect for me. I went with them 10 years ago because of their cost and so far, everything has been good. I have not had any breaches on my website and when I contacted their team, they responded very well and fixed the problems. I would tell my friends to use this company, too.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I used the local ISPs before and I switched to A2 Hosting because their uptime and manage storage space were a lot better. At that time, bandwidth was a little more important to me. I still have the website but it's more of a hobby now and I could probably find a better deal for the limited bandwidth that I use these days. Still, I’d tell others that A2 Hosting is reliable and I haven’t had an issue with downtime with them.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I wanted a reliable web hosting service and A2 was recommended to me. I also had read good reviews about it. And though I had issues with them a few times over the 10 years I've been with them, they've always resolved them quickly and easily. Overall, I'm satisfied. I would recommend A2 Hosting without reservations.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

We got A2 Hosting for our business domain and we've already started with them. They have terrible customer service and it's too hard to move our things around. We have email problems where our Outlook will automatically won’t work and it will ask for a password. And every time we ask the support team, we create a ticket and they reply with generic information. They're quick to respond to nothing. They may have tested and told us that they were not having the issue, but our computers are having issues. That’s something they have to fix internally.

Hi Leonora;

Thank you for your feedback. As one of our customers since 2010, I'm sorry that this email issue has ruined the 8-years of service you have received from us. I'd like to work with you to see what we can do to improve your service.

Are you still experiencing this email issue? I reviewed your ticket and our team sent you a number of recommendations and suggestions. They also set up an account to test all of your email settings and did not receive any errors. The last suggestion we had was to try re-installing your Outlook software as there appears to be instances where this has resolved the issue. I do not see a response after that suggestion. Did you try that? We're working forward to working with you to resolve this issue.

Brad Litwin

Marketing Manager - A2 Hosting

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I've been with A2 for five years and more. Their prices have gone down since the original and they've just been a reliable provider for me. They had a good price for me. Their reps are typically very friendly and once you get a live body, they talk to you and they're very knowledgeable. I've run into a couple of occasions wherein it was difficult to get a hold of them but for the most part, it doesn't take long. They've helped me every time I've needed it and they've resolved every issue I've had. I would point a friend to their direction.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I was out looking for someone to host various different sites that I have. The interactions I’ve had with the A2 Hosting team were not optimal. Once they recognize what's going on, they help. Otherwise, you send something to a black hole and you get no response. And when you start jumping up and down and calling them on the phone, then they respond. It seems like it's a three-man shop and I'm not happy at all. I continue to use A2 Hosting because it's more hassle than it is to change it but it's not good. They have had failures in various different areas and I am blacklisted because of spammers on the servers that I'm on. They've changed it several times. We've had to go to outside sources in order to be able to utilize email for certain accounts and I'm not pleased at all.

In fact, once I get the time to get off of them, I will be off of them like a rocket. They have to be responsive and care. Others should stay far away. A2 Hosting needs to improve a lot in order for them to be able to gain traction in the market. There's a whole lot of people out there that do it and I'll probably just go with Amazon Web Service and instead do it myself in the future.

Hi Roger;

Thank you for your feedback. As a customer who has been with us since 2010, I'm sorry to hear you have not had a positive experience with us through those years. I did however look into your support history and I don't see any tickets from you since 2012. I encourage you to reach out to our support team to resolve any issues you're having and to discuss with them potential solutions. You're also welcome to contact me directly and I can facilitate that for you (blitwin(@)a2hosting.com).

Thank you!
Brad Litwin

Marketing Manager - A2 Hosting

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

We’ve been using A2 Hosting for five years or so and everything’s been fine. I’m satisfied with it.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We are a web design company and we didn't want to go with a super big guy where we'd have to submit a support ticket and wait three weeks for someone to reply from God-knows-where. One of my employees recommended A2 Hosting so we looked into their web hosting service. We started small then we started buying all these $200 a month packages. Then, we got the Platinum which came with a support system where they would talk on the phone with us right away. We also have all these custom VPS servers set up for us for specific projects. We used Totalchoice Hosting, Blue Host and about four kinds of comparable hosting companies and we felt that A2 Hosting was an upgrade at that point of time. This worked out with us and we're happy. At the moment, we have about 10 services with them with 200 websites.

Recently, we have a lot of government clients and we peddle our work with Amazon because they have these government security-compliant products. Now, everybody is a bit more concerned. So, from a business development standpoint, I would tell A2 Hosting to have a package that has all those security layers on it. Other than that, our experience with them has been great and we recommend them to everybody. For our clients that don't pay us to host their websites, we would send them a link to a package that they need to buy on A2 Hosting which is about $9 a month. We buy a bit more expensive things but the hosting is the only thing that we send to our clients. A2 Hosting has been great in meeting our demands, too. Occasionally, we require custom configuration of certain things or stuff that you cannot get on shared hosting but we know what we generally want and need on a per project basis and they always accommodate us.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

When my other hosting ran out, they recommended A2 Hosting. And so I’ve been with them now for nine years. I haven't taken full advantage of A2 Hosting yet because I'm not that computer-savvy. But the support team has been responsive and polite whenever I speak with them.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I needed a website and saw that A2 were hosting. I got their service and it has been really convenient. I've been with A2 Hosting for quite some time. But right now, I have two hosts. Aside from A2 Hosting, I also have Lunarpages. They're Wordpress sites and Wordpress sites are really easy to maintain. So far, everything has been going well with A2.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I’m a web developer and it’s nice to have a public space where I can put things. I've maintained a web presence for a long time for consulting and I've tried several different companies over the years. There were others that were more and less expensive than A2. One of the things that attracted me about A2 was that the price point is good and their technology stack would let me do whatever I wanted to in terms of backend languages like SSH access to sites.

I have the basic shared hosting package that pretty much every vendor has out there has. You've got essentially unlimited space and you could host multiple domains, which I do. Then there’s shell and cPanel access. There’s a one-click install and it's for WordPress and other CMS stuff. They also support PHP which is crucial for me and Ruby. I’m not sure about node and I’m starting to get into that so I may have to double check on that or move to a virtual private host. But A2 has your basic stack and their customer service has been good so far.

I left a previous host because they contacted me about a site of mine that had some haywire process and was eating up a lot of bandwidth. They were really trying to punish me for having consumed some bandwidth. They were checking my bandwidth very carefully and then every time it was getting beyond their very small parameters, they wanted to try to upsell me. It seems like they were doing that a lot so I fixed it and got away. But with A2, the bandwidth hasn’t been problematic.

Their turnaround time is really good too. When I have had minor problems, I get quick feedback. I did have one site that got compromised but they were fair about that. They gave me a chance to fix it and treated me like I knew what I was doing because I did. I haven’t needed their tech support a whole lot but when I did, it’s been easy. I've been with A2 Hosting for more than five years and at this price point, they're giving a lot of value and a high level of service, and no annoying upsells. So I’m happy.

A2 Hosting expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A2 Hosting offers a wide variety of hosting services, including ad management hosting, blog hosting, CMS and CRM hosting, eCommerence hosting and more. Prices for shared hosting starts at less than $10 per month. A2 Hosting was established in 2001 as Iniquinet and began operating under their current name two years later. It is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

• Uptime: You never want your site to go down, and A2 Hosting provides reliable service. They promise serves will be up 99.9 percent of the time. They’ll give you a credit if you site is down more than 0.01 percent of the time.

• Customer support: A2 Hosting has customer support employees available 24/7. You’ll be able to get in touch with someone if you have any questions.

• Speed tests: The load time is important for your website, and A2 Hosting offers fast speeds. You can run speed tests from their website to get an estimate of upload and download speeds from their three server locations.

• Referral bonus: When you sign up for A2 Hosting, you’ll get a special referral code to share with your friend. If someone else signs up using your code, you’ll earn a $50 credit.

• Environmentally friendly: A2 Hosting reuses older hardware and encourages telecommuting to reduce its carbon footprint. The company also partners with Carbonfund.org to fight climate change.

• Best for: bloggers, small business owners, artists, writers and anyone with a personal website.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs