toll free

Webhosting Pad

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Mike at webhostingpad.com provided exceptional customer service when I needed help with my email account. As a deadline was approaching to distribute an e-newsletter, I began to panic because I could not receive or send email. Mike was tenacious, professional, courteous, and reassured me the problem would be resolved. And it was and I made my deadline. I am now a customer for life!!!

Factual basis uncertain

I signed for WebHostingPad in 2007 but my websites were constantly going down, they load slowly and I lost a couple of clients because of the hosting fee. I've seen their people monthly, I talked to them and they tried moving me to their cross wire server but I continue to have problems. Also, I have my website hacked about 68 times over the amount of years I was with them and the actual service was also terrible. Therefore, it's time to move so I cancelled.

Factual basis uncertain

The person who set up our internet recommended WebHostingPad. Their products are average, but we've run a lot of down time and a lot of problems with them shutting down their email because somebody breached it.

Resolution In Progress

WebHostingPad

Hi Wilfredo, I'm glad we were able to hep you so far. We're happy to help, and don't want to leave any of our customers without the support they need. If there's anywhere you feel we can do better, please let us know so we can try to address the issue and provide the best service available, for you and all our customers.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

Found WebHostingPad through Google a year ago and I had my website hosted through them. Their reps were good and they were able to help me with a few issues.

We developed our website for our non-profit business and we are using WebHostingPad for it. Their customer service is really good. We had some issues and they were very helpful when I called them. Initially, it was very slow and would not pop-up. I was close to moving out of that and then they moved to another server which apparently helped. So if it stays like what we experience now, I'd be glad to stick with them and would even recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WebHostingPad?

WebHostingPad has been hosting our website for the last couple of years. My experience with them was good. Their customer service was really good and really easy. Their online shop system worked really well, and their follow-ups were very punctual and helpful.

Resolution In Progress

WebHostingPad

I'm very sorry to hear about this. We try to make sure all our customers' accounts are as secure as possible. Obviously nothing is 100% bulletproof, especially in any shared environment, but we take security very seriously and hearing about this is disheartening.

I'll have someone reach out to you soon to see if there's any way we can resolve this problem. I'm sorry you feel that we haven't been able to do enough in the past, but I hope moving forward we can take another approach with preventative measures to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I'm not sure why they are getting high rates. I'm very unsatisfied with their web hosting service. It's been awful for the past five years. My website and emails goes down multiple times a year. I have to call them personally and allow some time for the system getting back to normal, which affects my business of course. Recently, my email account has been hacked many times, two days in a row. Called them numerous times back and forth, plus emails. They told me the problem was not directly related to my account. It's because of some email abusers on the shared IP address.

I thought the problem was solved on the first day. Shockingly, it happened again the next day. Nothing was resolved as they promised. I totally felt vulnerable using their system. Though I changed the password, I would still experience the same issue over and over. WebHostingPad couldn't do anything besides scan my account with Malware and tell me everything is fine. Nothing is fine!

Insufficient response received

I have had to cancel my subscription but still being billed for another 2 years. I have always had good service with your company but needed to change things. I tried to cancel in time but failed due to password problem and then the retrieval would not give me retrieval. Then I missed the deadline as busy Christmas time. I find this very unfair I am getting the 'run around'. My concerns are still being reviewed so I will 'update' if they honor and act like a good company should.

Dylan was very proficient at diagnosing the root cause of my site being down. He is an expert at what he does and is a great asset to your company. I thought my site was down, rather my IP was banned. He figured it out asap within minutes. Amazing. Thank you Dylan and Webhostingpad.

WebHostingPad suited whatever I could pay or afford at that time. I had a personal portfolio website through them and they were hosting it and it went fine. I had no problem whenever I asked them questions about a bill. I have used their chat service once and they were good about it. Their response was quick and made sense.

WebHostingPad basically gives me a portal or more like a business card out on the web. They're cheaper compared to other companies. The technical team has been pretty good at helping me because sometimes it's a bit slow and it drops the website which is not so good.

I've been onto another website and they had some troubles with their server. I was originally thinking about building a mirror site for that site but WebHostingPad's hosting service doesn’t really like that, so I decided to go with almost the mirror. It's very similar to the other site but it's not exactly the same content. It is using exactly the same software that that site is using.

I definitely recommend WebHostingPad. They're as good as the host of the other website but a whole lot less expensive. I only bought the web domain for one year and I bought the service for four years which only costs a $100. Most of the stuff that I'm doing is basically Plug and Play software, using Simple Machines Forum, Coppermine Photo Gallery. The only technical things I had were what WebHostingPad would allow and what they would not allow, but I found that out through the online chat before I even started with the service. So far, my experience with them has been pretty good.

I was looking for a platform to host my web and I went with WebHostingPad. For what I was doing at that time, they were great. They were able to quickly resolve any issues I've had. They host a lot of different things like emails and accounts. Every once in a while the server gets blacklisted. Anybody could start a website with a registered domain and become a spam-a-holic, so everybody that’s on that one server gets blacklisted until it gets cleaned up, but it may be beyond WebHostingPad's control. I'm extremely happy with the company.

Factual basis uncertain

For the price and functionality, I decided on the WebHostingPad. However, it's about the worst service I've had in a very long time. The problem is it's a minimum of six months before I can move my website somewhere else and that’s why right now, I'm staying with them. The last time, they were a little bit better but I have had a tremendous amount of problems like getting my domains hosted, keeping my email accounts active, getting them activated, and a lot of their stuff is not very simple to understand or navigate through.

The biggest problem is they don’t like to talk to you on the phone and sometimes you have a miscommunication issue. I try to explain to them what's going on but they don't listen. It's either they can't read American English and understand what somebody’s trying to say or they're not paying attention. They also have a calling number, which is true, but I don’t even know if they're really much of a technical assistance person. When I was having a problem with the email, I gave them the email and the password. But they asked me for the password which showed they didn’t pay attention.

Finally, I got really frustrated and I called them. When you call the 800 number, you have three things you can do. You can ask for sales, get a technical support or terminate services. I thought “Okay. I'll terminate. Let's see if I can get some reaction out of this one.” And then the guy put me right to what they call tier 2 or senior technical support person and that one problem was helped. I wish it was only one problem but I've had numerous problems.

Right now, I still have another problem that I'm trying to get resolved. I was going to recommend two other people to go to WebHostingPad but now there's no way I would even come close to recommending it to somebody. If I'm porting over a website and they have a process to do that, it shouldn’t take me over two weeks to get my email and my website up and running when they support. The plan that I bought was a WordPress site so I should've been able to easily transfer my WordPress website from a different company. I am a software developer so I have a little bit of knowledge in this area. This is where I get frustrated. If they can't help me out, I hate to see what it would be if somebody didn’t have any experience.

I told their first tier people to have a manager call me so I can at least talk to them and I'll give them my frustration level. I'd like to know what they mean by “99.9% of the time up” because I certainly am nowhere near that. The first three months that I had them, they were perfect because I didn’t have anything hosted, but as soon as I did try to bring over my website, I had nothing but problems.

I used WebHostingPad as my web provider just for my pet projects. Customer support has been great. When I had a few WordPress sites get hacked, they did a pretty good job of letting me know and helping me fix it.

WebHostingPad had a nice, cheap price with a lot of good options at the time so I tried it out and I liked it. When the site sometimes goes down, I contact the customer service and they fix it up pretty fast. I use my website to sell my own products so it helps out a lot.

WebHostingPad got a good price on web hosting. And that's the reason why I went with them. I rarely have dealt with the team members of WebHostingPad because everything worked very well. The customer service that I have used has been excellent. I used the online chat service and they fixed problems for me many times, usually right away. It's very convenient and I like that feature.

Factual basis uncertain

WebHostingPad had a coupon when I initially signed up with them. Some of their team members were good and some were not so much. Their products and services were good too until recently where all the websites that I hosted with them were hacked and they did nothing to help me fix them. It was supposed to be a secure server and it was not so it was a bummer. I had a lot of problems so I switched and I'm no longer their customer. WebHostingPad should work on their security and keep customers in the loop when they're doing updates and when the website is going to be down.

We've used WebHostingPad for about 15 years now. I built the website for my business on it. Its a reliable service that I haven't had any issues with. They did what they were supposed to do. I'd recommend this company.

I submitted a support ticket through the website, but decided to use live chat since I had some time. Ron was able to resolve my issue very quickly. He sent an email on my original ticket as well, so everything closed out seamlessly. Thanks, Ron!

Factual basis uncertain

My business website and email accounts were suspended this morning and I received an email stating they were suspended and informing me I should call the support phone number. I called the number, but the phone rep informed me that I needed to submit a ticket for an admin to resolve. I submitted the ticket while on the phone and then I was told to wait for a response. After three hours, I still had not received a response.

I called back and spoke with Daniel about my frustration. I was in the middle of important email discussions about a critical project we are delivering today. I was not receiving any more emails nor were the emails bouncing back to the senders making them aware I was not receiving emails. He said he understood my frustration and that I had to email the admin to get help.

I finally received a response from Paul, the admin stating that I was sending spam and there was zero tolerance. I have never sent an unsolicited email, ever. I looked back at my 'sent' log and saw the last email I sent. It was addressed to our 2 new team members and contained the contact info of our seven member team so we could communicate effectively. This must have been what triggered the suspension. I responded to Paul with this information, but another hour has gone by and still no response or resolution. Business website and email are still suspended and I've lost a day of business, meanwhile many people are sending emails and think I am receiving them.

I called back and got Daniel on the phone again. I asked to speak with a supervisor, but he said their policy was that I could only speak with a Level 1 rep and all other escalations had to occur via email. That has not worked, but I am incredibly frustrated. I told Daniel I have been a customer for many years and would likely consider a new provider. He said I should do what I need to do. Hmmm, not sure I really like that level of indifference in a support person. Really not happy with the service I've received today.

Our website and my email is tied through WebHostingPad and we get lots of business from our website. I have never had problems, and if I did, it was always taken care of right away and I would recommend them.

Hi Simon,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with our hosting lately. We've taken your comments under advisement to improve our services and support team, particularly with facilitating communication between our level 1 support staff and our admins.

We greatly appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I was searching for the cheapest web hosting and I found WebHostingPad. Their services have been very good for the last four years, however, it's been very frustrating for the last six months. My websites have been down many times. I get a 500 error because the administrators disabled the servers to delete other accounts without telling people beforehand. I've contacted customer support at least 15 times in the last four months, and I have had my websites changed to three different servers now. Additionally, there is a disconnect between customer service and the admins. I always chat with the admins and they always tell me to email customer service for them to do whatever I need. They don't have the actual tools to do it.

WebHostingPad

I apologize for any trouble you experienced with your login issues or our support team. In some cases, we shuffle tickets to a support team member that's best suited for your needs, so we can resolve the issue as quickly and effectively as possible.

I'm very glad Ron was able to provide you with the information you needed. I hope you won't hesitate to contact our support team if you require assistance in the future, as we are always striving to do better.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

Could not log into cPanel. Used the same URL, Sign-on and Password as before. It took 4 support persons to let me know that your URL had changed. After I received the new URL, I was able to sign on. I stated the URL, my sign-on and password and finally Ron figured out that you changed the URL.

I needed to activate a domain that was being transferred to webhostingpad from another provider, as I had never done this before I started a chat session on webhostingpad. I was quickly helped by Jim from Webhostingpad who patiently took me step by step through the procedures to affect the move. Thank you Jim for your patience.

I have been working with WebHostingPad for few years for the domain name of my company and for the web hosting of my website. They are knowledgeable, honest, and loyal, three very important features which I appreciate in business. The communication is quick. When you work, problems do happen. All problems have been resolved professionally and in a friendly manner.

Hello Moosung,

I'm sorry to hear that you're dissatisfied with our hosting. I'll have someone reach out to you to make sure we're doing better. We appreciate the feedback you've provided!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

We are moving away from WebHostingPad to GoDaddy. The contract is finished next year but I already moved the website to the new web hosting company. The response of their tech support used to be okay, it was quick, but a couple of months ago there was some change internally and then whenever we utilize the website -- for example, people log in to the website -- they shut down the service because we are utilizing too much resources. Basically, they deactivate the service and we reactivate the service. There were a couple of back and forth. They said that we have to upgrade certain code. But once we moved to GoDaddy, it's working fine. We didn't change anything -- we just moved the content and it's working great. So to be honest, I’m not satisfied with WebHostingPad.

Tried to install Perl modules via cPanel. It didn't work because the gcc compiler is missing. Raised a support request. WebHostingPad support obviously understood the issue straight away, responded within 2 hours and successfully installed the modules for me. Would be good if cPanel worked, but very happy with support.

We had a couple of problems when we got the hosting the first time. When I wrote and emailed WebHostingPad, the problem was fixed quickly. I really appreciate it. Everything is fine right now and I'm very satisfied.

I had a technical question regarding forwarding emails. By the time I sent the question to WebHostingPad technical people and went back to my email, I had a response. It was a well informed, well worded, explanation of what needed to be done. I fixed the issue with their explanation. Thank you again for the help.

WebHostingPad Company Profile