3.75/5

Webhosting Pad

Whether you are starting your first online business or looking to find a new web hosting company for your growing company, Webhostingpad.com is ready to help.

Customer happiness is our top priority, regardless of your webhosting needs. Our team of proven industry veterans can help with shared hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, as well as domain support and management. Contact us today to get started!

89 WebHostingPad Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 26, 2019

Before I purchased they were responsive. Once I purchased literally not even one answer for any ticket. Called them and customer service hung up on me. Now I'm trying to log in it's logging me out automatically, and no one answering my requests. Now trying to get my money back and billing is not answering too.

Original review: March 4, 2019

STAY AWAY!!! This company is in the dark ages. My experience with WebHostingPad was abominable. THIS, AFTER 10 YEARS OF BEING A CUSTOMER. I can't imagine how they treat recent customers. They actually called me a liar and refused to refund my fee, even though I tried to cancel my subscription BEFORE the due date. Unfortunately, their systems weren't working properly and I had to contact their customer service once I realized I had never gotten a confirmation of my cancellation.

On my second attempt, the cancellation went through, but then I was told that it was too late and they weren't going to refund my charge (one day after the renewal date). The manager I was dealing with was too much of a coward to even get on the phone. If after 10 years of being a loyal customer, they couldn't consider some sort of solution, it must mean they are desperate and probably on their way out. So again, STAY AWAY from this company and save yourself the heartache.

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

This is my 8th straight year being a customer with WebHostingPad.com. I signed up initially because of the rock bottom price which was offered and didn’t expect much from the service. After my first year I was happily surprised to experience the quality of service and support that was offered. Even though the price was raised (slightly) after the introduction price, I found it value for money given the features that are offered with their service.

Their technical support has been nothing short of fantastic. The response time is quick and solutions offered are to the T. I have experienced a certain amount of downtime in the last 8 years but it would add up to not more than a day or two. Downtime occurs with every web hosting company and what is important is their customer support is ALWAYS reachable to help. Hope you guys continue this 5 star service and continue providing value for money to future customers. Thanks again!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I have been using WebHostingPad for almost 10 years and originally had chosen their web hosting service due to its incredibly low cost. I was so pleasantly surprised by the features and services they provide, including basic web hosting, host names and many more; they even allow command line access to the servers for application development as an option.

I was also very pleasantly surprised by their support team! I have had server problems to be resolved, none of which were caused by WebHostingPad, and they have always provided me with very helpful and professional support to resolve my issues in a very efficient manner. I used chats to resolve most of my issues and their responses were always immediate and right on target. I would recommend this service for anyone looking for a cost-effective way to provide web services and anyone who likes to develop applications for personal use.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

WebHostingPad has UNFAIR and UNETHICAL policies!!! These folks are CROOKS! My hosting got auto-renewed. I cancelled it the next day. I called and spoke with a person. I logged in and cancelled online. I filled in all the "paperwork" request they needed. I exchanged another 3 emails with customer service and every time they would quote their crooked policy of NO REFUNDS and would refuse to connect me to a manager. This is messed up! This company is UNETHICAL and I would not recommend them! STAY AWAY! BUYER BEWARE!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WebHostingPad?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I'm switching everything to SiteGround as my experiences with them have thus far only been really positive (I could not rate their customer support more highly) whereas WebhostingPad is a completely lost cause. I'll let my last communication with Greg White speak for itself (I'm being asked to pay $70 for a "back up" of my website because I just missed the window to renew/download my website.) I obviously don't want to renew for a year now just so I can download my tiny website (so I can upload to SiteGround). It wouldn't even allow me to log into my account without paying for a year renewal.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Cheap for a reason, if you just want to something to play with, not actually want your site to work or viewed by others, then please go ahead. I will show my experience with this company. I have signed their service for a 3 years plan back a few years, and end up nothing could be used rather than a web disk, so I didn't cancel it and forget this all together. Just found my credit card was debited and the plan was renewed automatically for another few years. Then I request to refund without success as only could be done for initial sign up and within 30 days, no renewal at all. Just full of lie. I am just wondering why there is no government authority to handle this kind of complain and to allow this kind of junk business existed on the market for so long.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

We hosted a club website with WebHostingPad. The person who ran our website moved and left us in the lurch with regards to log in information. We moved our site to another hosting service. Services with WebHostingPad came up for renewal and we were unclear how to log on. We missed our cancellation date by three days and they renewed for three year, charging a card on file for $166. I feel like most companies would be understanding and be willing to refund the money. However, WebHostingPad was not accommodating in the least. I feel as though it was unnecessarily rude.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Worst Customer Service and threats. I cancelled service in 2015. Now they are charging me for future hosting services that were transferred with domain to another provider in 2015. They charged an expired credit card and then threatened me with collections: WebHostingPad Billing wrote: "Just because you say you cancelled without any proof doesn't mean you cancelled. Our services are provided, you are just not using it. It is not up to us to make sure you use it or not. Please file a dispute with your card company, we will deal with it that way and will provide all proof that you never cancelled. You will also be sent to collections for chargeback fees."

Original review: March 8, 2017

I've been with WebHostingPad for many years and it helps with WordPress. I haven't had any downtime, and the cost is very good. It's very affordable. It's also been very well with the team at WebHostingPad. I haven't had any bad conversations with them at all. Everything's been very professional and on point. I'd be with them forever and I have already recommended them.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

The sole reason we went for WebHostingPad was the price. They have different web hosting modules that we could use in order to make a website. The team was very helpful whenever I had questions or concerns. The whole thing was reasonable and easy.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

WebHostingPad provided me a platform to work and host my website. It's a reasonable, cost-effective way of getting it out to the public. I was hosting a website with another company and I was used to the way that operated but they were expensive and I was looking for a more reasonable solution. Then when I moved it over to WebHostingPad I couldn't find the files because it would not go into the right directory, but their team has been helpful. They answered my questions and they did well. Most of my activity was at the other web host, but I’ve transferred that over and gotten everything kinda lined out. And it seemed to be doing pretty well.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

WebHostingPad hosts my domain and my website. I like that they have a good price, however, there have been a few issues at times when servers have gone down. But they were pretty quick to respond with a solution and my experience with them was satisfactory.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I’ve had a bad experience with WebHostingPad. I was ready to upgrade so I contacted them to ask how. It took me two weeks to get somebody to answer. So I was talking to a guy on the chat line one morning, a couple of weeks ago. He would take nine minutes to answer. He wasn't paying attention to me. I can't do that. Nobody needs to wait that long for that kind of service. So I dropped them like a hot potato and jumped over to HostGator, who has been wonderful. WebHostingPad would need to get involved or get out of business.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I signed for WebHostingPad in 2007 but my websites were constantly going down, they load slowly and I lost a couple of clients because of the hosting fee. I've seen their people monthly, I talked to them and they tried moving me to their cross wire server but I continue to have problems. Also, I have my website hacked about 68 times over the amount of years I was with them and the actual service was also terrible. Therefore, it's time to move so I cancelled.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

The person who set up our internet recommended WebHostingPad. Their products are average, but we've run a lot of down time and a lot of problems with them shutting down their email because somebody breached it.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

Found WebHostingPad through Google a year ago and I had my website hosted through them. Their reps were good and they were able to help me with a few issues.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

We developed our website for our non-profit business and we are using WebHostingPad for it. Their customer service is really good. We had some issues and they were very helpful when I called them. Initially, it was very slow and would not pop-up. I was close to moving out of that and then they moved to another server which apparently helped. So if it stays like what we experience now, I'd be glad to stick with them and would even recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

WebHostingPad has been hosting our website for the last couple of years. My experience with them was good. Their customer service was really good and really easy. Their online shop system worked really well, and their follow-ups were very punctual and helpful.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I'm not sure why they are getting high rates. I'm very unsatisfied with their web hosting service. It's been awful for the past five years. My website and emails goes down multiple times a year. I have to call them personally and allow some time for the system getting back to normal, which affects my business of course. Recently, my email account has been hacked many times, two days in a row. Called them numerous times back and forth, plus emails. They told me the problem was not directly related to my account. It's because of some email abusers on the shared IP address.

I thought the problem was solved on the first day. Shockingly, it happened again the next day. Nothing was resolved as they promised. I totally felt vulnerable using their system. Though I changed the password, I would still experience the same issue over and over. WebHostingPad couldn't do anything besides scan my account with Malware and tell me everything is fine. Nothing is fine!

Insufficient response received
Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I have had to cancel my subscription but still being billed for another 2 years. I have always had good service with your company but needed to change things. I tried to cancel in time but failed due to password problem and then the retrieval would not give me retrieval. Then I missed the deadline as busy Christmas time. I find this very unfair I am getting the 'run around'. My concerns are still being reviewed so I will 'update' if they honor and act like a good company should.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

Dylan was very proficient at diagnosing the root cause of my site being down. He is an expert at what he does and is a great asset to your company. I thought my site was down, rather my IP was banned. He figured it out asap within minutes. Amazing. Thank you Dylan and Webhostingpad.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

WebHostingPad suited whatever I could pay or afford at that time. I had a personal portfolio website through them and they were hosting it and it went fine. I had no problem whenever I asked them questions about a bill. I have used their chat service once and they were good about it. Their response was quick and made sense.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

WebHostingPad basically gives me a portal or more like a business card out on the web. They're cheaper compared to other companies. The technical team has been pretty good at helping me because sometimes it's a bit slow and it drops the website which is not so good.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

I've been onto another website and they had some troubles with their server. I was originally thinking about building a mirror site for that site but WebHostingPad's hosting service doesn’t really like that, so I decided to go with almost the mirror. It's very similar to the other site but it's not exactly the same content. It is using exactly the same software that that site is using.

I definitely recommend WebHostingPad. They're as good as the host of the other website but a whole lot less expensive. I only bought the web domain for one year and I bought the service for four years which only costs a $100. Most of the stuff that I'm doing is basically Plug and Play software, using Simple Machines Forum, Coppermine Photo Gallery. The only technical things I had were what WebHostingPad would allow and what they would not allow, but I found that out through the online chat before I even started with the service. So far, my experience with them has been pretty good.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

I was looking for a platform to host my web and I went with WebHostingPad. For what I was doing at that time, they were great. They were able to quickly resolve any issues I've had. They host a lot of different things like emails and accounts. Every once in a while the server gets blacklisted. Anybody could start a website with a registered domain and become a spam-a-holic, so everybody that’s on that one server gets blacklisted until it gets cleaned up, but it may be beyond WebHostingPad's control. I'm extremely happy with the company.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

For the price and functionality, I decided on the WebHostingPad. However, it's about the worst service I've had in a very long time. The problem is it's a minimum of six months before I can move my website somewhere else and that’s why right now, I'm staying with them. The last time, they were a little bit better but I have had a tremendous amount of problems like getting my domains hosted, keeping my email accounts active, getting them activated, and a lot of their stuff is not very simple to understand or navigate through.

The biggest problem is they don’t like to talk to you on the phone and sometimes you have a miscommunication issue. I try to explain to them what's going on but they don't listen. It's either they can't read American English and understand what somebody’s trying to say or they're not paying attention. They also have a calling number, which is true, but I don’t even know if they're really much of a technical assistance person. When I was having a problem with the email, I gave them the email and the password. But they asked me for the password which showed they didn’t pay attention.

Finally, I got really frustrated and I called them. When you call the 800 number, you have three things you can do. You can ask for sales, get a technical support or terminate services. I thought “Okay. I'll terminate. Let's see if I can get some reaction out of this one.” And then the guy put me right to what they call tier 2 or senior technical support person and that one problem was helped. I wish it was only one problem but I've had numerous problems.

Right now, I still have another problem that I'm trying to get resolved. I was going to recommend two other people to go to WebHostingPad but now there's no way I would even come close to recommending it to somebody. If I'm porting over a website and they have a process to do that, it shouldn’t take me over two weeks to get my email and my website up and running when they support. The plan that I bought was a WordPress site so I should've been able to easily transfer my WordPress website from a different company. I am a software developer so I have a little bit of knowledge in this area. This is where I get frustrated. If they can't help me out, I hate to see what it would be if somebody didn’t have any experience.

I told their first tier people to have a manager call me so I can at least talk to them and I'll give them my frustration level. I'd like to know what they mean by “99.9% of the time up” because I certainly am nowhere near that. The first three months that I had them, they were perfect because I didn’t have anything hosted, but as soon as I did try to bring over my website, I had nothing but problems.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I used WebHostingPad as my web provider just for my pet projects. Customer support has been great. When I had a few WordPress sites get hacked, they did a pretty good job of letting me know and helping me fix it.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

WebHostingPad had a nice, cheap price with a lot of good options at the time so I tried it out and I liked it. When the site sometimes goes down, I contact the customer service and they fix it up pretty fast. I use my website to sell my own products so it helps out a lot.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

WebHostingPad got a good price on web hosting. And that's the reason why I went with them. I rarely have dealt with the team members of WebHostingPad because everything worked very well. The customer service that I have used has been excellent. I used the online chat service and they fixed problems for me many times, usually right away. It's very convenient and I like that feature.

WebHostingPad expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2005, Webhostingpad.com offers shared hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting and domain names. Prices start at just $1.99 per month for new clients.

• Unlimited features: Every hosting plan Webhostingpad.com offers includes a long list of unlimited features, including hosting space, bandwidth, email accounts, FTP accounts, subdomains and MySQL databases.

• Email features: In addition to hosting, Webhostingpad.com customers enjoy convenient email features, such as email forwarding, auto-responders, secure POP3 & IMAP email and a guaranteed secure interface.

• Free domain: New customers who order a web hosting account are eligible to receive a free year of domain registration from Webhostingpad.com. After the full year has passed, customers will have the option to renew at the regular yearly domain registration rate.

• One click installs: Install useful tools such as WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal and others easily with Webhostingpad.com’s one-click script installer.

• 24/7 support: No matter what hours you keep on your website, you can find support and answers to all of your web hosting questions with Webhostingpad.com. They offer support 24/7.

• Best for: Bloggers, website owners and small business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs