1and1

1&1
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

1&1 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1&1?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1&1?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

BEWARE. I was unfortunate enough to become a victim of crime, which left me unable to access my banking and personal details for some time during the Covid 19 Pandemic. This led to an unpaid fee of £24. Consequently IONOS sent a reminder of payment which I didn't receive because I couldn't access my email. It took a mere 5 week for them to close my account, delete my website and tell me it's all gone and I have no comeback. £24? Really??

I do take the blame for not being able to foresee the future, the crime and the Pandemic that ensued and perhaps for not staying on hold for 8 hours a day to sort every detail out, however I did expect a little leeway regarding getting me back up and running. Did I get ANY help? NO. Just directed to Paragraph 13 of the Terms and Conditions. Please Note - They may dazzle with prices and offers, but sometimes it helps to have a little compassion and humanity in the business world, especially during Pandemics and/or other natural disasters and crimes. Thanks for nothing IONOS, I now face financial ruin.

Original review: July 2, 2020

They want you to send TAX documents, multiple forms of ID and financial and proof of business to setup a VPS? Are you kidding me?! I am not going to send my financials and personal information for a 2$ vps.... What a joke.

Get buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: June 13, 2020

BEWARE OF IONOS HOSTING. DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF HOSTING WITH THIS COMPANY. They are crooks and constantly have issues with their servers. We have been hosting with them for some time now and some sites are great but other issues such as forcing you to upgrade your website to php version and make you pay for it. When you call support they try to help you and put you on hold then tell you they can only fix your website if you are willing to pay them minimum of $70 US Currency

We tested our site and files on other web hosting and no issues, no problems, it is usually a server issue with IONOS AKA 1&1. They have good prices but mooch you in support so NO FREE SUPPORT. False advertising. We are stuck with them because we paid in advance, and they have scammed and cheated us and will not give us a refund. This is the worst web hosting company online. You need to find another host or get scammed. Do not use ionos.com or any of their affiliated sites to host your website. IONOS by 1&1 » Your Host Matters. A lot.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Used their service for years. Canceled one of my sites and hosting, however they only canceled the domain. I didn't realize it until recently but I had been paying for hosting for 3 years. They refuse to refund. They are a total scam and WILL steal from you. Do not use.

Original review: April 27, 2020

They have some decent reviews online for Virtual Private Servers (VPS), but after submitting my order for a simple Linux VPS using their form, they collected payment and.... nothing. Three days later (for something other companies can do in minutes) they informed me after much pestering that my order was cancelled because of fears of "online fraud" that I didn't provide contact information. Despite the fact that my account and order has all of the "missing contact information" and that they had processed payment. They now say they didn't process payment (my financial transaction IDs tell a different story) so I am unlikely to get a refund but - good technical reviews or no - there is no confidence this company does what they pretend to.

Original review: March 23, 2020

IONOS.COM is a complete and total scam. Do NOT use this company. Nothing works there, including the people. It is a scam business with the minimal security or customer service. If I could give the company a -10 I would. How the FTC allows such a company to operate in America is bewildering (it is based in Germany). I have filed an FTC complaint and anyone that has dealt with the company should also file a complaint. I will be taking the company to court with a class action lawsuit.

Original review: March 17, 2020

I own close to 250 domains through various companies. Unfortunately, working with IONOS has been one of the worst experiences I've ever had. I bought a domain through IONOS last year, and unbeknownst to me, the card on file expired and was unable to renew. (I also attempted to cancel the renewal, but that's another story). When IONOS was not able to renew the product on the card, rather than simply cancel the product renewal like any other company would do, IONOS instead threatened to send me to collections over the unpaid renewal. (WHAT??) Had I not caught this notification, who knows what would have happened. I definitely would NOT recommend IONOS to anyone, as any company that strong-arms their customers is a joke. I am also canceling my account as I will no longer be working with them in any way.

Original review: March 15, 2020

I have been a 1and1 customer since 2008. Ever since they were acquired by IONOS, their customer service and support are non-existent. Recently, they sent me an email that I will not have to pay $12.00 per month for my web hosting plan that for years I just paid $25.00 per annum. They never invoiced me and today, I learned that my account has been locked. Although they boast 24/7/365 support, I cannot get through to them and have been on the phone for over 2 hours waiting for someone to help me. They also cut off a friend's contract for non-payment of a spam filtering solution that he did not need. They literally cancelled his contract for %5.97 and shutdown his site. It took 1 week to sort everything out. How dare they shutdown a business email system and hosting for a service that was not needed. They have gotten worse since IONOS took over and I am moving away from them as soon as I can sort this out.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I have used 1and1 web hosting for years for me and clients. Long ago they were a great company. However for the past few years they started creating add on billing if your websites didn't meet their desired versions of software used such as php. It was very annoying. Then IONOS bought them out and it got worse. The last straw was without checking with me they canceled my contract, gave me a partial accounting credit on fee I had paid to renew that contract 2 months prior and then signed me up for a new contract that cost more and applied the partial credit and then billed me the difference on the new contract. For sure this is unethical and most likely illegal under any basic contract law.

I went ahead and moved my sites and canceled my account. Then in the process of canceling the account I made sure that I got an exact number I would be refunded for the billing dept. Today I got an email from them confirming the refund, it wasn't the number we talk about. They kept about 5% of the refund amount with no explanation. I would not recommend doing business with this company. In my experience their billing practices have been very predatory and opaque.

Original review: March 10, 2020

FRAUDULENT AND HORRIBLE! RUN! I received an alert that an unauthorized charge had been made to my payment card. Upon learning who the fraudulent payment was made to, I contacted the company immediately (the same day) to advise them of the fraud. I was assured the fraudulent charge was reversed or credited back to me and would be received within 3-5 business days. I was told I would receive confirmation emails of the refund, etc. but I did not. I questioned how they gained access to my payment card and received no answer.

After receiving no documentation a refund was underway, I contacted the company the following day and learned nothing had been processed, but was assured it was processed that day. This became a vicious cycle with me being lied to by every department and representative I spoke with - including supervisors! I still have not received a refund for a fraudulent charge after two weeks which is in violation of their own company policy of 3-5 business days. They lie to cover themselves by stating it takes 5-7 business days for refunds but could not show this in writing.

Ultimately, yesterday, I was told by supervisor Todd ** that he/they (being the back office) had no idea when I would receive my refund and that it was a system 'glitch'. Even if there was a glitch, no one had apprised me of such out of the many representatives I spoke with to try and resolve this matter. I asked to speak to back office and file a complaint. Todd became indignant stating he is the 'customer-facing' point of contact for my case and I can not speak to the back office. I told Todd if there is a system glitch, I request they overnight me a check for my funds, considering the circumstances. He became indignant again nearly scoffing and stating the company does not issue checks. Also, Todd lied about his job title. I specifically asked what that job title is and he initially stated team leader. When I asked later in the conversation, he all of a sudden was a 'Retention and Sales Team Manager'.

Just a liar through and through is what Todd and all of them are. They are thieves, and I have unwaveringly advised them of the repercussions of first stealing my money, and second refusing to return it - fraud and theft crimes. But when Todd stated to me I am the ONLY customer of thousand customers this is occurring to, I concluded I was being singled out and retaliated against for reporting the fraudulent charges. There is SO much more to this tale of the FRAUDULENT LYING THIEVES called 1 and 1 IONOS. I still have received no refund to date, and it is unfortunate to have to enlist law enforcement involvement in this matter. DO NOT TRUST THESE THIEVES FOR ANYTHING. They steal your money and retaliate when you identify them as the fraudulent thieves they are.

Below are the names/job titles given for all the fraudulent lying thieves at this company I have worked with thus far. Leon ** - initial point of contact about fraudulent charge who failed to refund fraudulent charge as promised, Ivery - Retention, Reggie - My website, Erwin, Maurice - Cancellation/Retention - blatant liar who lied about refunding my funds that were fraudulently acquired; told me to call and ask for him with any further issues; called next day to speak to him because all he told me was lies and nothing happened as he said it would; pretended he didn't recall, became indignant, and rudely disconnected our call transferring me to a department that supposedly did not handle refunds. Tania, Cedric, Loren - lying so-called supervisor in Cancellation Dept.; failed to process refund. Ivery (again), Todd **. GO ELSEWHERE. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS SHAM OF A COMPANY!

1&1 Company Information