3.5/5 (268 ratings)

About Ionos by 1&1

Ionos by 1&1 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ionos by 1&1?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ionos by 1&1?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I have been a customer of 1and1, now Ionos for over 10 years. They have always offered Business development products/ Internet marketing services that never work. I have used them for hosting for 10 years also. I have an issue with a Business listing for 1 of my 2 accounts where a customer service representative set one up incorrectly using the wrong business name and have tried several times to fix this issue to no avail. I called them recently to see if they would listen to reason because I did not get any benefit from that 2nd listing whatsoever. Essentially, it violates Fair Billing laws here in the US and they basically told me to kick rocks. So I discovered today 1/20/2022 that someone messed with the DNS settings for my website making my website unavailable. This is what you have here.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

They sent me an email letting me know I have upcoming charges for a domain and I have three days to cancel the domain. I tried logging into cancel and they locked my account! I tried all my avenues to try to log back in and create a new password and it just kept taking me back to an error page. I tried emailing and calling customer service seven times just to be on hold. Still no luck getting through to them and disputing charges with my bank. Run away. Do not go with this company.

Get buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

They are a company of thieves. months ago I ordered a dedicated server for a project, but the project was canceled and therefore I ordered to cancel the server, according to the panel the server was canceled and my account was deleted, three months later I find a surprise in my Paypal account of 65 usd, which is the price of the server. To my understanding, the cancellation had already been processed, but it wasn't, the account was still active in the background so they never did their job. I talk to the billing, cancel and support department, and they tell me that they cannot return the money for their 1 month policy and that had already passed three months. I do not recommend that company, they are thieves and liars.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Misleading and scam like with payment. Bad customer service. Attracts people with low domain price but has an auto-renewal option sneakily set at a much higher rate, not told upfront on purchase. I got a $1 domain for my school project and didn't see the auto-renewal option set as it's takes many steps to check and I wasn't told about it. A year later on the exact date of purchase the auto-renewal kicks in and I get an email saying I owe $15,000 - yes to my shock I check the website and call - turns out to be a typo and it was $15 - I only got the email bc my card has expired in that year and they couldn't charge me.

I explained to customer service that I'd like to cancel as I don't need the domain anymore and paying $15 for the whole next year would be redundant - but they adamantly refused and gave some excuse of using a third party they they already paid for and cannot get back the money - This was on the exact date of renewal mind you. After numerous emails, they kept harassing me so I just paid it off. A company as big as them fighting for $15 from some shady tactics such as this is just disgusting. I've had smaller companies waiver bigger fees on reasonable grounds such as these. I'm sure they trick many other people in the same way and catch them with renewal fees as a means of making an extra buck. If I could give no or minus stars I would. I do not recommend using their "service".

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

If I could explain this company in one word that would be scam. The production server crashed after a few weeks and no sort of troubleshooting would work from my side. The customer support provided 0 help and always had an attitude. When I canceled the contract, they still kept charging my credit card, again the customer service did nothing about this. There is no option to remove credit cards, so they steal your information without your consent. I eventually had to cancel the card to stop them from scamming me. The cheap price may look attractive at first, but they earn a lot more by their scam tactics.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

A company that steals your money, do not try to deal with them, they will take your money and terminate the contract with you as soon as the payment is completed and you will not get it back. Loser. Loser.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Ionos is a fraudulent company. Even though I have cancelled auto renewal, they keep charging my cards. Look at the chat.

Mariel S.
    I already turn off the autorenewal of these domains data786.com, dragbi.com, look22.com.

2:24 PM

Still they keep charging money. Of course I am reporting this to every place and dragging them to court. This is no joke to steal money from customers.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I'm Frustrated! Worst decision I've ever made. I've been trying to point my domain at GoDaddy from few days but their system failed. The domain status is "UPDATING" at Ionos.com. I contacted to support. They reset my domain settings by telling it would take 24 to 48 hours to rest. It's "STUCK". After that, I've to wait more 24 to 48 hours to point my website at GoDaddy. It was already stuck in updating from their side, and they resets. Which will take more days to update and still I don't know it'll gonna work or not, still waiting, my domain "clickkaro.pk" and "aramsaay.pk". Also I've to wait for their working hours if they don't operate 24 hours.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I purchase domain and hosting promotion plan from Ionos.com by 1&1 by my Visa debit card. When I paid amount I receive receipt from Ionos.. but when I log in its fails. I try again and again but failed. When I chat Ionos chatbox he say that I have no record against your email.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

The absolute worst experience anyone could ever have with a host. Our website was hacked with a brute force in June not long after launching a donation portal. I requested assistance from Ionos second tier support but never heard back from them. After months of trying to determine what to do, since somehow my website was routing to a shill credit union site in Minnesota and forwarding to a cryptocurrency site and others that I won't mention, I deleted my entire server EXCEPT for the hidden files that I could not delete and Ionos refused to delete which were in the log files that the hacker FTPd the code and the several files that were hidden by ionos and that they would not delete (hidden files admitted by an ionos rep). I lost months of time and, I am sure, a lot of donations due to this cluster ** of a company. Stay very far way from them.

Ionos by 1&1 Company Information