Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.59/5

Ionos by 1&1 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ionos by 1&1?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ionos by 1&1?

Original review: March 28, 2021

So I decided to look at Ionos since they offer some nice hosting packages and bought a domain/hosting combo package. They have auto-renew on all their features so I wanted to switch that off. None of the cancel auto-renew buttons work. At first, I figured it's fine, let me try again later. A few days later they still don't work but I decided to play around first.

I created a website and checked out their dashboard. A few days later over the weekend, I start receiving emails of dozens of login attempts on the site that I created- they said that the IP address that tried to log in with the wrong password was banned. I ignored it because I was busy. I then log in again on a Sunday to check out the site again. The entire site I built was wiped. So strange- what's the purpose of having a hosting provider like that? So I decided to give up and cancel the whole package since I'm on the 30-day money-back guarantee. Guess what, though? The cancellation feature on their site does not work. It takes you through to the last page and says "We are sorry. An error has occurred." I've now blocked them via PayPal. Hope that works. Will try to cancel again later. Utterly pathetic, though. Complete scam.

Original review: March 26, 2021

My account got locked and when I called their security team. He didn't hear me out and told me "Don't call us back" on my very first call. I've been using 1&1 for a very long time and I never had this type of service ever. I would never use this again.

Get buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I have order one domain .pk. They are detect $10 in my credit card even I received receipt from IONOS but if still domain not register and show status setting up and if I check invoice & payment there is no any transaction or receipt. I tried to remove my payment method they are save my credit details. It not canceling. They can detect any amount any time so please don't trust on this website. If someone worry about payment details so just there is one solution block your debit/credit card otherwise you are not secure.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Placed an order for domain. After not receiving it I complaint to their customers care. They told that I'll receive an confirmation email within 24hr. No email, No domain. They're scamming people. Be aware. Try to post or share this on every social media and spread awareness about this fraud company.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

This company is finding ways to take fees from you on issues that comes with their product. My admin panel and my site was down and I was not able to login to my website to fix it. I called my admin to fix the issue and she was not able to login to the site too so she contacted the company on chat service they have. The support team said that there are no ways for her to login to fix the issue with the SSL. (This was a plugin added to the product that was never active) somehow that inactive plugin caused the site to be blocked (ways for them to get your money). The agent on chat was not supportive (of course that's what you get from offshore agents). They started selling other products like (you need to get SSL cert $20 value) and that "we will need an admin on our side to login to the backend to check the issue" and that was $35.

With Frustration and no option to resolve, my admin agreed for $35 charge and to get the SSL cert for another 20. These guys came back and charged 90$ and additional 35$ and when I asked they said, 35 to check and 35 to fix. What a rip off. I tried maybe 6 times to contact their support center to talk to a manager and every time I ask for a manager, they put me on long hold and the line get disconnected all of a sudden. I sent emails to their support and they keep sending me a message that their admin will contact me. I don't know how to report this company.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Complete Con! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! They have taken £100 out of my account without permission! I called last week to complain and was informed that 'extra services were added 4 months after I set up a domain service costing £1.20. They have taken it upon themselves to add 3 additional services I did not order! They told me that although I did not request the extra services 'someone called me and the changes were made after that call' I know for sure that no-one called me, so I asked them to check who they called and lo and behold, it was NOT my number. I requested that they listen back to the recorded calls and get back to me! However I have not heard back from them and no money has been refunded! I will be reporting this to my bank as fraud! It's outrageous!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I have bought a domain from this site 2 days ago, I checked on their site and I still never received the domain. I then called, they said I would receive a confirmation in 24 hours, I never received it. I looked up, "Is Ionos.com by 1&1 legit." And I came here where everyone else got scammed and reported their problems.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

At first everything seemed to be fine, a bit complicated to build my page, but I managed to do it, I did not have the option to download music what is my business, I could only advertise the sales platforms, such as iTunes and Apple music, making a I searched online I found a web hosting company for musicians, so I transferred my Domain and canceled with Ionos by phone and Online, but the months passed and the charges to my card for services that I had already canceled continued, I called again and canceled, and The monthly charges continued, I removed my credit card and now I am in collection, I called customer service and I have to pay the balance and fix everything with the collection company and it will be on my credit for some time, I do not recommend this company, Watch out!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I have used Ionos since they were 1&1, more than 8 years, without incident. Since they became Ionos, I have spent more time with tech support and solving issues than total in the 8+ years. Not only that, they disconnect you after you have held for half an hour, then tell you "oh, we weren't aware of that. Let us fix your issue". Why did they not apply an SPF to my domains? Apparently my emails have been going to receiver's junk boxes due to not having SPF applied to my domains, but I was only recently made aware of this.

I did wonder why my business dropped off, but never thought it could be because of something so simple that Ionos did not proactively add. They used to be the top rated hosting company, but they have disconnected my server for my website, let me other domains expire with no notice and now this. If this is considered "top notch" then we are all in trouble. When I asked the technician why this had not been done, he read the same sentence to me over and over, stating "an SPF has been added to your domains". Maybe he thought I was deaf....or stupid.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Bought a domain 18 months ago. Cancelled 6 months in and 12 months in. They have taken £12 a month off me since opening and £24 a month since cancelling. I’ve written to them and no response. Still taking money from me. Absolutely disgusting company. Avoid avoid avoid!!!

Ionos by 1&1 Company Information