1.03/5

1and1

135 1&1 Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

1&1 locked out my website without a notice based on a frivolous copyright issue. They claim they are a 24/7 company but were not available throughout the weekend. They do not stand behind their policy and are a total rip-off. Simple advice. Do not consider doing business with them. If there was less than 1 star I will give them.

Original review: July 30, 2019

1&1 is a terrible company, that does not stand behind their service. When I first ordered 1&1 DSL, it took several months (including six technician visits and even more phone calls), for my internet to work. Since then, the internet has often gone down for days and sometimes weeks at a time. 1&1 has consistently refused to reimburse me for this lost service. Do not use this company.

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 15, 2019

This hack of a company has done nothing but take money from me. I call and ask for help and the ridiculous customer service drone spoke to me as if I were an idiot. NEVER AGAIN!!! Shame on 1&1. I couldn't be more amazed at their business practices...

Original review: July 9, 2019

Not a legitimate company. This company does not follow their posted policies. If you want to work with a legitimate company, look elsewhere. IONOS will rip you off. They have a great site but once they cash the check, the service is over.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I signed up with 1&1 hosting several years ago for a $2/month plan. I stopped using the service and forgot about it. At some point they were sold to IONOS at which point they randomly charged by credit card ~$120. I called to dispute and they told me there was nothing they could do, but that my plan had changed and that they were now charging annually. I asked to dispute and they told me I could switch to a monthly plan, receive a refund of what they'd charged me, and then I'd be able to cancel the monthly plan.

So I did what the phone agent suggested, they refunded my account (again a service I NEVER USE) and charged me ~$9. I went in to cancel the monthly service, and it turns out they had placed me on a one year contract! And now they're hitting my credit card every month, again for a service I NEVER USE and for which I NEVER agreed. I will be challenging this with my CC company, but also wanted to leave a review as a buyer beware. Avoid this company at all costs. There are so many better web hosting options out there, who would ever use IONOS?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1&1?

Original review: July 1, 2019

I would advise you all to delete your mail.com mail addresses and find a more trustable mail service. Here is why: My mail address which I used for 6+ years got hacked today. They changed the contact mail address and I can't remember the secret question's answer. I've provided mail.com my ID Card's photo and sent that photo via the original contact mail adress (the original and the first one, which hackers changed into another email) but mail.com's customer service just said they can't help me. I should follow password recovery steps which I already clearly told them I tried every single possibility but hackers already blocked those ways. Long story short: If your mail.com account is hacked it's not your mail address anymore according to mail.com customer services. Use another mail service. Don't lose your valuable information with mail.com.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Last night I received an email from PayPal stating that I just paid $161 to 1&1! Ummmmmmm...WHAT?! I haven’t had any web hosting from them since 2014 when I closed my account. WTF IS GOING ON HERE! I called them, told them what happened and they hung up on me. Okaaaay, Houston we have a problem. PayPal has me on hold for 30 mins before I hung up so this morning I called 1&1 again. SO...they asked me what my domain was. I told them, they asked to verify my account before going forward and they wanted the invoice number they sent me.

I don’t have an invoice, I’m not a customer, I haven’t been since 2014. They asked me to check my email address they sent it to. What email is that? They wouldn’t tell me. I gave them every email address I had registered during that time frame and they said every one was incorrect. I said the only other one was attached to that website and it’s no longer active because my service was terminated with them in 2014! “Well, without that invoice number we can’t help you. Find the invoice and then we can proceed”. How can I access an email I no longer have?! I told them I’d never be able to get the invoice, ever, like never! They said because of that, they keep my money. What a nightmare!! Thank god when I called PayPal today they RELUCTANTLY refunded my money. I don’t think they believed me. But, you guys know! This is how fraudulently they roll!

Original review: June 7, 2019

This without any doubt the worst company for anything regarding domains. Made the mistake of falling for a cheap offer they made and forgot to review them online before I did. I would have spent more money to buy the domain with another company than have to deal with the arrogance and stupidity of dealing with 1&1.com. They are so bad at everything they do, they had to change their name to hide all the BAD customer reviews, but they are still the same crap useless company they were before. NOTHING has changed. Worst company EVER. Don't make the mistake of fall for their cheap rubbish deals. Their customer service sucks!

Original review: May 8, 2019

1&1 Ionos is 1000% scam. I bought a domain name and I don't get at all, they charged me a week ago and until now I don't get my domain, there is no way to contact them, and I'm not going to call them international. Cost more than what I paid for the domain itself, ** you and ** your service, I have evident in my Paypal account, I'm going to open a case with them as well stupid **.

Original review: May 8, 2019

All I have to say they are rude and cruel. They don't do what they promise! Horrible customer service. I spent money and hours with them. Please don't use their service. They even hang up on me. Find another way to do it!

1&1 Company Information