Get peace of mind

Need to know more about health insurance? Shop providers on our guide.

Check health plans
1.18/5

Get peace of mind

Need to know more about health insurance? Shop providers on our guide.

Check health plans

WellCare Reviews

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

They followup after you enroll with sessions to ask questions about the plan coverage and voice any concerns with coverage or providers. They also have a customer service phone number to call anytime about dental, vision, OTC, or medical services.

Original review: April 30, 2019

WellCare is the best health insurance company which I have intensely reviewed over the last fifteen years. While retaining a Florida 2-15 Insurance License from 2005 to approximately 2012, I sold life insurance, however, I had several colleagues who enjoyed working with WellCare. Two of my friends have been working there for over ten years which is atypical in this industry. Furthermore, these two WellCare Employees have two children each and are satisfied exclusively offering WellCare Health Products. When my health went from good to poor, I had other health carriers which performed fair with regards to my health.

Of course, one might say that I am being too generous. In actuality, healthcare insurance is difficult for most people to quickly understand which is unlike most products in which people have a consistent need. Why is this the case? There are hundreds of choices of plans, and within each plan, there are many other choices. In addition, the plans are constantly changing due to many factors such as laws, demographic age changes, demographic health changes, and many other variables. In short, the reason I like WellCare is that they are extremely responsive to letters which are sent to them. Their WellCare Healthcare Telephone Representatives repeat what they have told their clients through the telephone because they are well aware that most people say they understand a specific policy issue when, in fact, most people do not understand, at least, some provisions in their policy.

In general, most conversations through the telephone which deals with businesses take, at least, two if not three telephone calls by the customer until the customers and customer service representatives are completely satisfied that a full understanding of the topics has been executed. With health insurance, this scenario could be fifteen or more calls. With WellCare, I do not need to continuously call for three weeks or more, in order, to come to a satisfactory discernment of the specific subject matter.

Moreover, WellCare is the first healthcare company which sent me a check for hundreds of dollars for a specialist physician's visit of which they had absolutely no contract obligations whatsoever to perform. This action by WellCare is not a phenomenon. This is not an accident. This is beautiful, and this is virtually unheard of in the industry. In closing, when receiving your group, individual, supplement, Part D (PRESCRIPTIONS, and/or any other health insurance product), I suggest that one take a week or more to carefully read and understand how health insurance works in regards to all the terminology.

In turn, you will be able to understand your policy and know pretty much all the questions to ask the representatives. This is the truth and the facts, and, in fact, long term studies show this improves your health. In other words, there is a strong connection between one's understanding of health care insurance and their own health. I do not in any way have a connection or interests with WellCare. I am just trying to express what WellCare has done for me, and what WellCare will do for you if one takes the time to gain an understanding of healthcare. I know that if a small education is gained you will not spend countless hours on the telephone, and, more significantly, you will be a lot more successful in maintaining your health. Now, I just have to figure out how I am going to lose all my weight.

Get expert buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

They are receptive to adding new providers for specialized services. They provide local customer service follow up sessions after enrollment so you can maximize the insurance benefits. The list of toll free telephone numbers for each department is also helpful.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Once you navigate the system, it runs very smoothly. I pay no premium and my prescriptions are zero. They offer a 20.00 over the counter choice per month. They do have a 192.00 deductible, however if you are healthy you don't use it. They allow for chiropractic and Acupuncture Which I was interested in. I have been with them since 2012.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I've had WellCare now for a while. Also recently found out I have lupus. Every medicine is turn down it's hard to find a provider close to you, for simple things like o/b. My husband had a heart attack recently and has been denied his medicines. Still have never received a card from them. But husband received a book of doctors and a letter saying they we're trying to get in touch with him to make sure of his health care needs. How about the card so he can go to the doctor and then go pick up a prescription. We have never received no such call. Not to mention all the facilities will tell you how awful this plan is. Must be reason offices don't want to use them. Pick different one for your family, you will be better off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WellCare?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I have had to call twice today WITH NO RESOLUTION so. I called twice today and suffered through the laboring process of getting the call connected. The first man I spoke to had very poor English skills and I could barely understand him. When he said he could not understand me, I hung up. I called again and spoke to a different rep. He was pleasant but would not take the payment information because my husband is not home. I told him that I don’t want information of any kind, I simply want to make a payment (like I did last month). He said I could not. I have no understanding why you won’t TAKE a payment without the member being present. No place else on earth would anybody refuse a payment. I am searching open enrollment for a different pharmaceutical company. WellCare is way too much hassle. Their automated system is frustrating and the reps are not helpful.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Wanted to change my Medicare Part D plan 2020. I had a plan with Aetna but apparently they sold the plan to WellCare. I called WellCare customer service to advise that I wanted to change to another plan within the WellCare offerings. I had to speak to 3 different individuals before I got one whose English I could understand. While the company lists Tampa FL as their corporate address, any toll free number you call goes to the Philippines. I had to keep explaining what I wanted, who I was and spell everything out, letter by letter. The low premium price does not outweigh the frustration I experienced. I'm just glad I'm not 85, hard of hearing and trying to do business with them. I'm going elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I have had tooth pain of #25 for over a year and have been treated with antibiotics several times and Advil. I have been denied a replacement tooth by WellCare. Will pay to remove. Not to replace it..

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Although I have auto payment and receive text alerts from my KeyBank app... WellCare keeps insisting I havent paid my premium and when I said I have auto pay and I have proof, I was called a liar. I havent been able to get anyone on the phone for 2 days and have no blood pressure pills left... they don't care.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Policy was cancelled for “non payment”! Spent over an hour in phone when I signed up answering many questions and listening to recorded disclaimers do premiums could be deducted from Social Security. It never was deducted and after four months it was cancelled. Made a total of five calls to their “customer support” line. The last two of which were with Supervisors Olevia and Ryan. Both had promised a call back. Still have not received a call back. All they seem to do is transfer you to someone else who promises to research your issue and call back: then forget you until you call them and start the whole process all over. Horrible. Please do yourselves a favor and never do business with these people!

WellCare Company Information