3.8/5 (686 ratings)
Find a Health Insurance partner

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About WellCare

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

WellCare Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WellCare?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about WellCare?

Original review: March 24, 2022

I switched from Humana PPO because specialists' co-pay was too high and needed a close by primary … WellCare is working out great for me… Love it.. Even paid for new glasses and four crowns for teeth..

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

Well Care is great coverage and gives dental vision spending card but you can't actually use the card. I've tried multiple times without being able to still months later. The times I've called I have waited way too long for them to answering the phone being put on wait.

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Provides a low cost alternative to other companies offering Part D subscriptions. It is a "network based" approach so independent pharmacies are not supported. Their network does include major drug chains etc so it's not a problem.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Seniors have a hard time as it is: Wellcare came to my rescue. Had issues with the Element Dental office saying they didn't get authorization from the insurance co. The insurance had to (3x) call the Dental office (Office disconnected) and they had the authorization for 13 working days. Then they said 6 weeks for an appointment which takes to the new year. Wellcare help me find a new Dentist and what I needed to do. I saw a lot of reviews about Wellcare ins. and I give them 5 stars on the Dental part for sure. That's Wellcare for hiring good caring people.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I signed up with Wellcare on Jan 1st, 2022 for Medicare Advantage. They use the cheapest low cost products for Hearing Aids, Prescription Glasses & Dental. The only hearing aid benefit were out of date, discontinued hearing aids unless you paid for current ones. They use Walmart Vision for glasses which is a very poor eye exam & glasses. I have a few missing teeth but the dentist did not offer implants. They use dentist that just clean your teeth. I'm sure all these services are told to offer the absolute minimum service. Wellcare is just a money-making machine for shareholders!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

This is a terribly dishonest company. My thyroid medication went from 10.00 a month to 53.00 a month. They also snuck in a huge 500 deductible. I am on Medicare. I cannot afford my thyroid medication and the generic for ** which is ** is not the same. We actually got an approval letter for the ** after my Dr approved my need for **, and Wellcare is now denying that they sent that letter. If you need to reach them you will be routed to the Philippines and be holding for an hour. If you request someone from the States you’ll hold for another hour. I know others have experienced this terrible company and if there are enough of us we can start a class action suit.

Resolution response: July 23, 2022

I was able to contact another repr. and they resolved my issue.

Original review: July 22, 2022

I signed up for Allwell Medicare supplement insurance with Sara on 7/5. She said she'd get back to me by 7/18 to be sure signed up for August 1, 2022. It is 7/22 and I cannot contact her by phone or email. My wife spent an HOUR on the phone with Member Services, Customer services and Reg. more info reps. No one could assure I am on plan for August 1, 2022. I already regret having chosen Allwell of Texas Wellcare plan.

Original review: June 26, 2022

Due to the Railroad Retirement Board failing to coordinate with Social Security and screwing up getting me signed up for Medicare I was granted a special enrollment period and have only been a Wellcare member for a few months now and not since January 1st like most. As somebody who has terminal brain cancer keeping the same medical team that has helped keep me alive over the past three and a half years was extremely important to me. I made absolutely sure that my current primary care physician, oncologist, and cardiologist were all on the Wellcare no premium HMO plan before signing up and they all were on the plan.

I would have never chosen the plan to begin with if all of my doctors weren't on it. Within just the few short months that I've been with Wellcare my entire medical team has already been removed from their plan. How any Medicare plan can remove a member's entire medical team within just a few months without that person being granted a special enrollment period and the option to join a new plan is beyond me. Thanks to Wellcare I must now try replacing my entire medical team. Please do yourself a favor and stay well clear of Wellcare. They really do seem to care even less about helping their members than most other providers.

Original review: June 21, 2022

The customer service is a joke. I've been calling trying to cancel but they kept giving me the wrong information. The incorrect address incorrect Fax number. They're only doing this to get money from the government. I refuse to use this health coverage. I'm considering suing them. My next step is to file a complaint with the attorney general office. Their service stinks.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I just went and picked up a prescription and had to pay full price. In checking the website, I find the decided NOT to cover the medication I was taking, even though they did cover it when I signed up. These people are not a reliable company. I intend on reporting them to Medicare for this action.

WellCare Company Information