3.7/5 (670 ratings)
Find a Health Insurance partner

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About WellCare

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

WellCare Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WellCare?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

This company's internal services are so bad it's either the worst brainless people working there or the company tells its staff to stonewall everything and just take as much money as they can get. They promised a $74 payment on the addition to what was supposed to be given by Medicare, but they did not. In getting an MRI done on my knee, they quoted to the MRI people more cost than what other MRI facilities charge and then told the MRI people my contributing payment of 20% would be all the MRI facility would pay. Total rip-off.

Then my ** which was $50 per month about, then went to $400 per month as quoted by this Wellcare firm, and I stopped the ** cause I was not going to pay that price. This is a horrible company and they have very bad customer services which I think is participating in the theft of services and dollars from Senior Citizens. I quit them and got another company. Get Lost Well Care, and I am reporting you to the Florida Insurance Department, The Florida Health Department and to The Governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

Everyone be warned. If you have Wellcare Open access, Medicare and Medicaid, Wellcare will offer you all the extra benefits. Once Wellcare thinks you're suckered they will cut those extra benefits and deny you. Good luck!

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

My husband got a TDAP vaccine from my doctor in 2022. He switched Medicare Part D plans from Wellcare to a different provider for 2023. We received a bill from the doctor January 2023 for the TDAP vaccine because Medicare Part B doesn't normally cover it, but Medicare Part D does. WellCare will not let me file a claim for the vaccine now that he is no longer their customer even though he was their customer at the time of service. After two online chats with their agents, they shut off my log-in and I can no longer view his prescription claims from prior years.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I am on Medicare, but signed up with "Wellcare" last year to just get them to STOP harassing me with phone calls! I was granted certain $ amounts for medical needs ... Getting reimbursed for my eye dr. appointment took forever until some "firebreathing dragonlady" who pursued them fiercely, they finally gave up and reimbursed me. Not so with dental services they said I was "covered" for $1,200 worth. My dental vendor DOES NOT deal with insurance companies which they told me up front, and so I paid for the services with my credit card. I submitted the invoice and receipt for new dentures for reimbursement which after 3 weeks Wellcare nixed stating that the dental vendor was "required"(?) to render their services by way of my Membership card and they would not reimburse me ...

The agent who signed me up with this outfit never returned any of my numerous calls and so the moral of the story is: they DEFAULTED on what they've promised. The needling phone calls from an 800 number suddenly stopped coming! I had a 6th sense hunch this company was no good and so I was right .. DON'T SIGN UP WITH WELLCARE, they do NOT operate on the procedures they say they do .... BUNCH OF LIARS!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

This makes the fourth time that I’ve been cancelled on in the same day. My sons have no other way to the doctor and this was the only way, they have canceled on me so many times that my youngest son can’t get his ears checked because of them doing this.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Have called or been called 3 times in the last 2 months. Agents routinely get or give the wrong information. Read other reviews... You'll get the idea. This last time I could not get the agent to commit to sending me written confirmation of my transaction in any form - digital or physical.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

I had Wellcare prescription D plan in 2022. I had a new prescription for ** in December 2022 and they charged me 69.98 for 15 pills. My new plan Jan 2023 will charge me 40.00 for 30 pills. The pricing disparity is very off and appears Wellcare overcharges. My new plan costs around the same as Wellcare. This is a common drug.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

I called Wellcare in October 2022 to let them know I was cancelling December 31, 2022. My plan is auto deducted from my account. December 21st, I noticed another month's premium had been taken out to cover January. I've talked with three people, including a manager, to no avail. My next step is the Insurance Commission and Better Business Bureau. There's a reason why this company's review ratings are low. They're basically scam artists. I gave them one star only because there's nothing for "no star."

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

I ordered a WellCare drug plan to begin on Nov. 1st, never got my plan, called for assistance, and got transferred 13 times and still didn't get my problem resolved, called all week and was told it was resolved, never got a drug card. Called again to be transferred 5 times, and finally got a drug policy #, but the pharmacy said it didn't work, called back WellCare, got transferred another 5 times to be given another drug policy #, and gave it to the pharmacy and it still didn't work. I gave up after calling about 10 times and getting nowhere. I finally got a drug card in the mail, 6 weeks after I signed up for it, don't know if it works. Now I get a letter telling me that my medical plan with them has been canceled by me, but I never canceled my plan, luckily, my new plan from Humana will start in 2 weeks.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

My name is Lenore ** and I am a patient of Oak Tree and WellCare is the insurance company. I just want to put out there to my seniors like myself if you value your life you will not trust your life with this company. They only interested in making sure you're a head count. They make sure that you get there and they bring you back home. They only write scripts out. They don't run any type of test on you. I have diabetes but yet I had no A1 test. Since the code virus came out the actual patient is the computer. It's not you. This makes no sense. I feel for my seniors as well as myself but I love my life and no quack is going to cause me a problem.

My next move is to deal with a lawyer because I've fallen at least three times since I've been going there. I went deaf in my ear to wind up and have to have a hearing aid them telling me it's waxing my ear then he want to ask you, "Do you want to do a grievance?" For what? I'm stuck on stupid. I understand the game plan since being played out here. What are seniors? We made a pathway for others to come and this is how we're going to get treated like we're nothing. I don't even believe these are doctors. I believe they finishing the internship at these clinics cuz I've never seen a bunch of people stuck on stupid like I have and then come back and ask you the same question over and over again. Ain't nothing wrong with my mind.

Please beware of WellCare. Find you a liable insurance company. Go to a doctor that acts like a doctor and have a bedside manner. I like matters to us our family matters to us. This is totally ridiculous but maybe if I do like they do and get in a pockets maybe they'll leave me alone and other seniors like myself and stop treating us like we are some kind of animal out there. Yours truly Lenore ** from Harper Woods.

WellCare Company Information