WellCare

Compare Health Insurance Companies

Research top Health Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The service is bloody horrible. A formulary drug coverage book was never sent at the beginning of the year as they claimed. I requested to send another one but never received it. Three different medications I have been taking for 12 years were suddenly denied requiring prior authorization. Within a month and a half my doctors sent three prior authorizations and appeals and all were denied. Fed up with the service I had Medicate switch me to Humana Prescription Drug. Two days after enrollment I was able to order all three medications without prior authorization. Humana, unlike WellCare, has the humanity to spare its customers from suffering by providing them needed medications.

If I could give a half star I would. What you have listed in the catalog aren't the same items in your distribution center. My son OTC order for April had to be replaced three times and each time it was incorrect. I ordered the premium size 16-28lbs diapers (MEDIUM) that's listed in the catalog but I have received twice 12-20lbs stage 3 diapers. A total of four packs wrong size and when I opened his box today there was only one pack of diapers, one pack of wipes and one lip balm. So I called and spoke with Benny (confirmation# **) and ask, "Was this his order for May or the replacement for April". He told me that the diapers are for April which was only one pack. It should have been two packs and the lip balm and wipes are for this month. Why in the hell are they mixing my orders up?

Every time I call and ask for the warehouse number or the number for the catalog no one knows it, how is that possible. When the warehouse is out of something or if there is a backorder on a product or a discontinue on an item how do y'all communicate. These are all the confirmation numbers just for one order **. I don't have the person name for this confirmation number ** which was the first time I called in and complained about the order being wrong. WellCare owes my son three pack of diapers. Hope you guys do the right thing and replace them. As I stated each time I have called if you send me a box with paid postage I will send those four pack of diapers back to you guys. In the picture are the four packs of wrong diapers and my order for May & April mix together. Send my son his three pack of diapers.

My husband enrolled in Medicare in November 2016, and went through the enrollment process for WellCare at the same time, through a broker. He was told he had coverage. Then in December, he received a letter stating that there was a lapse in prescription drug coverage, and he would have to pay a fine. We submitted proof that the lapse had been less than 30 days, and we were told all was well. Then, in December, we received a letter stating that his coverage was denied, but he could re-enroll: ??? Though frustrated with the process, he indeed did re-enroll, received his card, and heard nothing more. Again, we thought all was well.

Last week--now March! He received a letter (first correspondence received since December) that WellCare couldn't accept his application because they hadn't received all the information they requested?.. but we could re-enroll. Except he couldn't because the application period was now closed. This is unfair, unkind, poor business, and elderly abuse.

This is possibly the best brand ever and I recommend it highly, my family and friends all use it. The customer service is outstanding. The people are great to talk to. I have got a couple that are **. But for the most part it's alright. I never once have came up on to a problem with my coverage or them not covering my ass when I need it. Get most for your money with these folks. Knowing my luck they prolly don't even cover the people in Arkansas.

The claim process takes a little bit time but the waiting period is acceptable. Generally speaking, you don't have to wait very long for your claim to be processed. The customer service is very good. They are very helpful and knowledgeable about the different products so that they can guide you in buying the right plan for you and your family. The coverage is very good. You get a few options that you are able to choose from. Essentially, you are able to buy the right coverage that suits you and your family. The value is acceptable. You get what you paid for. Therefore, the coverage is what determines your value and what you pay in terms of premium.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WellCare?

I filled out my claims app online and within the hour they were calling me back to process my claim... I'm very happy to be a part of their clientele list. They were fast, accurate, caring and understanding. I felt like the customer care rep cared about me and my family. Best insurance I've ever had. I honestly tried Obama Care first...they just were not a right fit. With this company I got full coverage at a premium price. I'm glad I found them online. I am disabled with two children on a budget. Premiums just right. Copay barely nothing. It's brought tremendous value and peace of mind to my life. Now I know I won't end up leaving my loved ones in a lurch. With my plan and coverage my kids will be set...THIS COMPANY MAKES ME FEEL LESS LIKE A BURDEN MORE OF A PERSON.

It was usually painless but sometimes clunky even though it worked out in the end and I got what I asked for, so no real complaints really. They were always helpful and quick to answer my questions to resolve my issues in a timely manner so I would definitely recommend them. They covered everything I expected them to and fully reimbursed me for my losses and offered additional help without me requesting it so that was nice. The value is good for me and my wife because we were granted our benefits as stated without much hassle so I think the value is pretty good.

I had no problems and had a friend that works at the hospital help. I'm not to good with claims but it went simple, fast and easy and was pleased with my experience. The customer service went really good! My friend had to call two times for me and had no problems at all. Went really good and am pleased. The coverage was really good. Pleased and was worth it. I would definitely recommend to any family and or friends. Happy with my experience.

The claims processing was easy and they made it very easy on me and helped me with everything that I needed help with or any questions I may have had at the time they answered. It was fast and I got something back within days. The customer service was great and I would recommend them to anyone because they were very helpful friendly and caring to all my needs and questions. I was very satisfied with the coverage that I got using this and I was very happy. It's so easy to sign up and get started and I continue to use them to this day. The value that you get for this product's great and you definitely get your money's worth. The customer service is great and you can choose the coverage that you want and overall it is just fantastic.

Paid claims in timely manner... No problems in claims processing. No unnecessary denials. Pretty straightforward Claims processing procedure. I had no problem with the customer service that I received from Wellcare. The call in wait times were a little long, but the customer service representative who assisted me was knowledgeable and friendly and helpful. Wellcare has fairly good collection of in-network physicians. Decent coverage. I felt the value of WellCare was good and satisfactory. The premium was acceptable for the coverage received. Insurance is necessary and I was glad to be covered without exorbitant price.

Usually was a quick process but on some occasions it would take forever. The people were really helpful and knowledgeable and knew what they were doing. Most of the people I would talk to were very respectful and understanding and knew exactly what to do to help me out. Sometimes I would get someone who seemed like they were new and that they knew nothing. Most of the places I have tried to use accepted it with no problem but there has been a couple of place that I really wanted to use that did not accept it. It's a decent service for what you pay for. It could be better but you can't really complain because of the price. It gets the job done when you need it.

The process that you have to go through just to file a claim was extremely stressful. The customer service representatives that I spoke with was quite rude. They treated me as if I was being a burden on them. On top of the rudeness, it took forever to complete. It also took them a long time to do anything. Needless to say, I will not be getting this insurance again. The coverage to price of coverage ratio was horrible. I had the minimum coverage plan and I was paying the price of a full coverage plan from a top ranked insurance company. The value of the coverage is horrible for the little amount of coverage you get. I had to pay (I think) way too much for the coverage plan I had. I think they should lower the price a little bit if they plan on competing with bigger companies.

It was easy but the process could be made simple. I had to go through a long wait time while paperwork was processed and I think that could be sped up. They had very good customer service support but the process could have been faster and more comprehensive and the people could have been more knowledgeable. I thought that the coverage was very good and that it was what I was looking for in my coverage. I think that there could be a little bit more comprehensive coverage. I think that it is a good deal but that they could offer a little bit more service for what they charge. But other than that I think it is a good deal.

I have had no problems at all getting my claims paid in a timely manner. I have also had great customer service the few times I have called. The customer service has always been great. They have always answered all of my questions in a polite and informative manner. I have never had to wait on hold while calling them. This insurance has always covered all of my charges. The copays are reasonable. I have never had any problems at all with my coverage with the exception on of 1 prescription not being covered. This insurance has helped to keep me healthy. I am able to choose whichever doctors that I want to choose and the charges are covered with reasonable copays.

Bro like the claims processing was ridiculous. First you had to call and then explain that your claim only for them to say that they did nothing wrong when they very clearly did. It's ridiculous. They are some of the rudest people to ever have lived on this planet. I mean come on, you don't just flat out raise your voice to tell me I'm wrong. I can't say that the coverage was that horrible but it didn't have a lot of benefits which was a definite subtraction. Also I have to keep mentioning the horrible customer service like wtf dude. I also have to admit on this one that the value wasn't that bad either but the coverage was just a **. I was not really impressed at all with this which is frankly disappointing because it could have worked out.

Very friendly staff. When I had a problem was taken care of quickly, never had to wait long, and always got a callback. Just a great all around company. They care about their people. Amazing customer service. Highly recommend this company to anyone. Very helpful staff, never rude always happy. Has one of the excellent service representatives I have ever dealt with. Excellent coverage. Covers all my family's needs at low and affordable cost. I will stick with this company forever. Always good quality service. The overall value of the company is phenomenal. I would definitely highly recommend it to my close family and friends. Never had any problems with this company.

I had no problems when I signed up for this insurance, Very fast processing, friendly customer service, step by step instructions. I recommend it to anyone and everyone. Customer service is very friendly to me. They enjoy what they do. Every time I would call I would always get a "Hi how are you today?" And they would always make sure they answered all your questions. All in all very nice people. If you're looking for a good coverage plan this is where you want to be. It's affordable. And some people like me rates never go up. Always stay the same. I have recommended this to my family and friends. This has brought peace of mind to me and my family I have enjoyed their service and their coverage and I've had no issues. Customer service is great. Coverage is great. Everything about them is great.

They were very good me. They took care of any concerns that I had. I was very surprised because the ones I had had before were very rude and these people had very good customer service. They were super friendly. They knew exactly what they were doing. And they treated me with respect and did not treat me like I was below average. I would very much so recommend them to everyone. The coverage was very good. I will definitely tell others to go to them. I got my medicine and my care and they took care of everything. I really appreciate everything and will definitely tell everyone how great they are. The value of this is just wonderful. It has brought so much peace and clarity to my life. They truly take care of everything so I can live my life and not worry about whether or not I'm taken care of.

WellCare Company Profile