Kaiser Permanente Insurance

Kaiser Permanente Insurance

1.4/5 (30 ratings)
Find a Health Insurance partner

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About Kaiser Permanente Insurance

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaiser Permanente Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaiser Permanente?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I've had Kaiser for a many years here in Southern California and the treatment has been great. There a several facilities and urgent care easy access. My PCP is an internal Dr with 40 years experience at Kaiser. Very attentive. Focused on preventive testing. Kaiser is HMO and requires referrals if you wants to see specialist. If this is a problem then you are best getting a PPO plan. When you do get a referral it is a challenge getting someone with experience and education to your liking. Do your research. If not they will refer you to anyone. Learn how to work the system within Kaiser. You have options. If not you can always file a Grievance/Appeal.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

My physician at Kaiser is exceptional. He actually listens to what I say. He does not give up until he finds an actual solution to whatever my problem may be. He keeps in contact with me. Pharmacy sends notifications when prescriptions are due for refill, shipping it fast and free. Zoom style appointments or phone consults are also done at no cost to patients. Highly recommend Kaiser.

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Kaiser does a good job until you are elderly. My father had dementia and it was awful. We ended up calling the police on some care givers since we had to go it alone without guidance. (He wanted to be at home---what a mess!) That said, I am my own advocate and my doctor discusses things with me using Zoom/messaging. When I'm old and can't function, I'm in trouble.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I had an appointment today at Kaiser OBGYN department. Dr. Salina ** and the assistant Gena were so nice and professional. They took their time to make me comfortable and encouraged me. Thanks for both.

Original review: May 14, 2022

I’ve had Kaiser my whole life. As an adult it’s impossible to get an appointment in a timely matter. By time your appointment comes the issues have gotten extreme. Doctors DO NOT CARE. You will never get proper treatment. They just brush you off. Majority of the staff is short with you and rude. Dermatology department SUCKS!!!! Don’t go if you have serious issues because it won’t be addressed. I HATE THIS INSURANCE. Not worth what you pay.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I have to take very expensive medicine. I have to go through their MFA because they will not accept the manufacturer's co-pay card. I have been out of my medicine for a week. I submitted my application on March 15, 2022. They reviewed it on March 24, 2022. They need my salary income and claimed they sent me a letter. It is May 6 and I am still waiting for the letter. The woman on the phone was hateful and claimed that she could help the USPS could not get it to me. I went to their office in Alpharetta office and they faxed and scanned the information to them. I also mailed the information. They are refusing to help me. Their customer service people are trained not to help you. If you call 404-949-5140 at 10:00, you will get a recording every time you call and you can't leave a message. No one will help you. I am out of my medicine. I need help.

Original review: April 15, 2022

I purchased Kaiser because It was the only option that my employer offered to me. Before that I had Blue cross Blue shield and it was great and Apple health that was fair. I can say that Kaiser is the worse insurance that I have had. Limited locations. There is no clinic in my city and I have to go to another locations to see my family doctor. Limited Doctors and It is very difficult to make an appointment. Crowded urgent care and emergency rooms. They usually have not available room! In the emergency room, a doctor mistakenly visited my daughter while she was not a pediatrician at all! Do NOT BUY!

Original review: April 6, 2022

I have been with Kaiser for about a year, and dealing with the bureaucracy, switchboards, website has caused me to find any other health insurance. It took me 2 hours today to get a simple question asked, and when I finally got to a person who could schedule me for a simple consultation she told me the next available appointment was in September... It's April. The employees are nice and cordial, and I have no doubt that the actual health care provided would be exceptional, if I could ever actually see an actual medical professional. Dealing with them on the administrative side is so absolutely frustrating and inconvenient that I have considered going out of network, and paying 10x as much for the procedure just so I don't have to deal with this company ever again. I have also contacted my employer if there are any other health care options for me. I am so done.

Original review: March 30, 2022

I ordered Covid tests from Amazon on Feb 3, they were delivered Feb 8. Kaiser denied my reimbursement because they claim Kaiser policy is to reimburse beginning Feb 4! Their website says they follow federal guidelines and will reimburse for tests purchased after Jan 15. Have been on phone 45 mins, passed from one person to another. Typical of Kaiser care I've experienced. Will switch plans during open enrollment.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

My son had emergency brain surgery on February 11th to remove a brain clot and they also found the artery had a slight tear and without the operation he would have died. Thank you Dr. **. My son is supposed to have a visit with the neurosurgeon on Friday February 25th. On February 19th, he received a referral in the mail authorizing 8 nursing home visits starting February 13th through May 14, 2022. When contacting the provider to have a nurse come to our home, we were told they do not have a referral for him. We also contacted the neurosurgeon's office to make a follow-up appointment and were told we needed a referral. On February 16th we contacted his primary physician, Dr. ** and requested a referral for the neurosurgeon. The referral was processed for 3 visits. The neurosurgeon's office said they would contact us when they received the referral from Kaiser. We are still waiting.

In the meantime, I contacted urgent care to see if I could bring him in to have his bandages changed, and the nurse, Barbara, went and spoke to Dr. **. He told her we don't need a referral to see the neurosurgeon and we should be following the instructions provided to us from the nurse from Holy Cross Hospital. The only instructions I received from Holy Cross was information about his prescriptions, don't let his bandage get wet and the phone number for the neurosurgeon's office.

I told nurse Barbara the referral was already processed for the neurosurgeon through his primary physician, Dr. **. She also told me I can go to urgent care and they can help me change his bandages. I thanked her and hung up. Still no call from the neurosurgeon's office or from Holy Cross Hospital for the in-home nurse visits. I have been a member of Kaiser Permanente for well over 30 years, but I will change my health insurance during open season in November.

Kaiser Permanente author review by Joseph Burns

Kaiser Permanente is a unique health care management program that is located mainly in the western United States. In California, Colorado and seven other states, patients who have Kaiser coverage get health care services, including hospital stays, at Kaiser health facilities.

• Offers low-cost health plans: Kaiser offers several different levels of service with varying premiums, deductibles and co-pays.

• Kaiser offers all services itself: This company provides health care services as well as health care coverage, making it easier to get needed services and file claims.

• Online application process: It’s easy to get a quote and sign up for Kaiser.

by Joseph Burns Health Insurance Advisor

An independent journalist, Joseph Burns is the health insurance topic leader for the Association of Health Care Journalists and contributes to AHCJ’s Covering Health blog. He has also written about health policy and the business of health care for a wide variety of publications, including Healthcare Finance News, Hospitals & Health Networks, Managed Care magazine, Ophthalmology Management, TaxACT.com, and The Dark Report.

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Company Information