Kaiser Permanente Insurance

Kaiser Permanente Insurance

3.9/5 (1176 ratings)
Find a Health Insurance partner

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About Kaiser Permanente Insurance

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaiser Permanente Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaiser Permanente?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Kaiser does a good job until you are elderly. My father had dementia and it was awful. We ended up calling the police on some care givers since we had to go it alone without guidance. (He wanted to be at home---what a mess!) That said, I am my own advocate and my doctor discusses things with me using Zoom/messaging. When I'm old and can't function, I'm in trouble.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

It is easy to communicate with my doctor, or the advice nurse and to schedule appointments. They are considerate in scheduling to fit my needs. After appointments, if requested, they will provide a summary of the details of the appointment, which is helpful in keeping track of what must be done/dosages/ recommendations. There is plenty of parking at all facilities.

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

There are never any surprise bills, difficulties contacting my doctors for appointments or answers to questions, or long waits to be seen. Kaiser is also very proactive about preventative care and wellness. I've had 2 surgeries from which I quickly recovered and had good outcomes.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Kaiser Permanente is the best supplemental insurance provider. I pay $5 copay to see my primary care doctor, $10 to see a specialist, and $25 for urgent care. I only paid a copayment of $125 for a $20,000 surgery. My prescriptions are only $5 for a month's supply, and $10 for a three month supply. I did all the research and compared all of the plans offered in my area. Kaiser Permanente gave me the best deal for the money. The doctors are wonderful and treat you like a real person, not just minutes or money.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Kaiser program is great. Easy communication features, constant updates. Kaiser has programs and resources to help manage ailments and pain. Able to communicate with Dr through e-mails and texts. Prescriptions are available within the location and vaccines are available in the main lobbies. Kaiser is like Mini mart, everything you need is available at all facilities.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I have too many years to cover in this text but I do have every disappointment experience with this place Northern California. The most recent is a family member spoke with their MD. They advised them to take the c19 shot that she adamantly gave 100 percent shots to her patients with no problem or issues. My family trusted her ADVICE and took the shot from Kaiser. Less than 2 weeks later! There was issues with my family member and then the local, National News said that the Johnson&Johnson shot was no GOOD! We contacted the office of the MD and to OUR SURPRISE! THE MD NO LONGER WORKS FOR KAISER! and after 7 months kaiser never notified my family to come back for a booster! We were told "SORRY." That's what kaiser is SORRY!! And to mention MD took a so call gift from a DEMENTIA! PATIENT! AND THEN HE RETIRED!! And member service never did an investigation. TAKERS! NOT GIVERS!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

This company is unwilling to share any information about their Medicare Advantage Plan unless you sign up first. They did not respond to my request to attend an informational meeting in my area. When I phoned them in an attempt to get information upon which to base my decision about possibly changing to their company, they would not provide the requested information, but hounded me over and over to sign up first. After saying "no" at least five times to a very pushy salesman, he finally said he would email me the requested information, which I would receive "in a couple of hours." The information was never provided. Shopping for insurance (or anything else) requires acquiring information first, and then making a decision; not the other way around. This company apparently does not understand that. I don't know if their insurance services are as bad as their customer services, because I will not be using this company.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

The actual doctors and nurses are good, but they are nearly inaccessible. Getting an appointment for anything takes months and getting anyone to respond to a basic message takes forever. Kaiser Permanente should be avoided until they have adequate staffing levels.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Whatever you do, do not enroll in Kaiser's Medicare Senior Advantage Plus. I did, and I've got nothing to show for it, but a whole year of filing grievances (3) that were opened and never resolved. Kaiser will send a letter within 30 days, however, closing the complaint as "resolved." Kaiser contracts dentists who take advantage of the elderly monetarily - and I mean I was scammed thousands of dollars, and left with (5) inferior crowns which are all cracked & broken, with jagged edges! Kaiser's Medicare Senior Advantage is a scam, and they really aren't interested in providing seniors, with reliable safe, professional services. In fact, they are enablers of deceit, elder abuse, and fraudulent activity. If I can help just one person - seniors in particular, stop where you are, and find another provider. Seniors should not have to deal with this kind of treatment.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I fell under my husband's insurance with Kaiser. Worst mistake I have made in my life, and I've made plenty. Thankfully I will be able to drop them and get on my own insurance. Honestly, one would be better off being uninsured than being affiliated with Kaiser. Why does Kaiser rate at the VERY bottom of the insurance cesspool?

1. They have yet to mail out the actual cards. Even after getting Kaiser junk mail delivered.
    2. Their office has not been updated since the 90s....gross and not sterile in appearance.
    3. Purpose of the office visit was to refill ALL my medications. Then they don't send off all said medications, kept telling me it would be "in stock" the next day, the day after, then the following day....still waiting.
    4. After inquiring why one medication was not refilled, I was told the Dr didn't "agree" with the medicine I have been prescribed for YEARS and would need to come back in AGAIN to discuss. What the frick????

5. No other pharmacy accepts this garbage insurance (Fred Meyers, Walgreens, or Bartell's). I can see why now.

I wouldn't use this crappy excuse for insurance if I had one hour to live. If you can, drop this insurance like you're holding a bag of cancer.

Kaiser Permanente author review by Joseph Burns

Kaiser Permanente is a unique health care management program that is located mainly in the western United States. In California, Colorado and seven other states, patients who have Kaiser coverage get health care services, including hospital stays, at Kaiser health facilities.

• Offers low-cost health plans: Kaiser offers several different levels of service with varying premiums, deductibles and co-pays.

• Kaiser offers all services itself: This company provides health care services as well as health care coverage, making it easier to get needed services and file claims.

• Online application process: It’s easy to get a quote and sign up for Kaiser.

by Joseph Burns Health Insurance Contributing Editor

An independent journalist, Joseph Burns is the health insurance topic leader for the Association of Health Care Journalists and contributes to AHCJ’s Covering Health blog. He has also written about health policy and the business of health care for a wide variety of publications, including Healthcare Finance News, Hospitals & Health Networks, Managed Care magazine, Ophthalmology Management, TaxACT.com, and The Dark Report.

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Company Information