Call Now Toll Free
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.22/5

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Call Now Toll Free (855) 651-9886 Compare Quotes

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now
Call Now Toll Free

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Reviews

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I’ve been with Kaiser Permanente about 5 1/2 years. My husband and I buy our own insurance, he is self employed. I’d had United Health Care, our insurance broker was sold on Kaiser Permanente, after much thought and consideration I decided to use KP. My husband won’t, based on old information and the fact that he is bull headed! After reading the most current negative reviews, I’m wondering when I might experience what others have. I have found KP to be a smooth running machine in all aspects. I have always had great communication with KP and my doctors; I love being able to email them with questions I have knowing I will hear back within a day or so.

As others have noted, everything under one roof (for the most part). Beautiful facilities, clean, up to date equipment. Phlebotomists who know how to get what they need the first time with little or no discomfort. Minimal wait times!!! Getting my prescriptions through the mail (not having to stand in line at the drugstore with people who are sick). I know I am heard voicing concerns. I’ve had surgery on my foot; first time 2 1/2 years ago, a serious problem developed that required lots of attention and months of treatment.

The bone would not fuse together as a result. Had the surgery redone 7 months ago and all went well. My doctor and another she conferred with, immediately went into attention mode and they were on top of things all the way through. My faith and trust in her remains. My KP premiums are high and jump about $200.00 each year, they have been over $1000.00 a month. As of today, I am on Medicare with KP. I hope my positive review will see no less professionalism.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Kaiser is a closed system, meaning my policy covers everything from lab tests, to prescriptions, within the same building. Very easy system to work within. My concern is dementia care which is unavailable after age 65.

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Unlike most HBO's, Kaiser's model of health delivery is NOT based on quarterly profit sharing. There isn't any pressure "not" to refer patients to contracted specialists. All Doctors & Specialists are employees of Kaiser, making referrals simple. The on-line accessibility to your entire health care records, doctors, messages, appointments and much more is seamlessly available to you. Kaiser Permanente consistently is rated 5 Stars among all Medicare Health Advantage Programs. I Love Kaiser.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I had 2 stress test at Cardiology Department. I was so nervous. Justin ** nurse cardiology and Jasmine ** EKG tech, Dr Parikh ** made me feel comfortable. They take care of me to whole process. My husband and I are thinking to switch to different health insurance next year but with this experience I had today that made us think twice. I wish that all department are like them. Kudos to all staffs at Cardiology Department! Thank you so much.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Kaiser Permanente is not worth it.. We have the insurance through SD County employee.. All I say for my experience I rather get different health insurance than keep paying more than 1k a month. It's okay if the service is good but it's not..Yes, they are good employers to their employees but not to their patients. For example, I've been trying to get an appointment for 6 months due to a pain I've been having but they still did not wanna see me due to a covid19 but this pain and feeling that I'm having I feel that it's getting worse... They won't take me in not unless it's covid19 symptoms or related to it... I am very disappointed???? So, they don't accept other sickness just coronavirus? The **?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaiser Permanente?

Original review: June 18, 2020

Kaiser decided to make all their dialysis patients to pay 20% for their treatment. Their claim is it’s costing them too much. Wow! Now especially for ESRD patients they are forced to go into another health plan uprooting everything and there is no guarantee with the other plan what you will even get leaving you to possibly pay a high premium. Those who have no income or have employers paying maybe in good position. Then you have those on SOcial Security and they annually make too much annually. Sad, all about the money.

You got Fresenius that charges like $160K for their services which leaves me to question why so much? I have my sis in a good position and she is thriving doing good. We pay nothing until NOW and I would have to try and figure out a way to change my schedule and my life to start all over again by changing everything. If anyone out there is going through a similar situation I would love to hear your response. To hear my story in detail will make you cringe. Shame on Kaiser for not caring more about their patients. I guess the almighty dollar wins. Blessings!??? ❤️

Original review: June 12, 2020

I’ve been with Kaiser 16 years. Yes used to like them but something has changed. They are now profit driven and say no to most reasonable requests to save money. They pressure their doctors to save money and you aren’t allowed access to your medical record unless you remain a member. After 16 years, I will be switching plans to a Cigna at open enrollment.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I’ve been dumbfounded by how awful Kaiser is at communicating. The doctors office seems to have no current information regarding their coverage (I was told I was insured when I wasn’t on multiple occasions). Letters informing me about lapses in coverage arrive weeks too late (no emails, no phone call) and they are doing everything in their considerable power to shirk paying my emergency medical bills. Excuses buried in their policy are there to screw you when you’re in trouble. This company is the kind of operation that will wind you up bankrupt and homeless from medical bills.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Didn’t take responsibility of their mistake taking my kids out of the insurance without notice. Kaiser took my kids out of my family plan, and left my husband and myself with insurance. Now I’m stuck with a 3000 dollars bill for one day of service. Alana was the representative of Kaiser.

Original review: May 12, 2020

My experiences with Kaiser, since getting plan in place 10 days ago has proven to be a head shaking, disappointing experience. I would like a person that is high up in the company to personally call me to discuss the inefficient system that has left me wondering how an organization could mess up on so many levels. 2 different doctors calls and I couldn't believe they were about to call in a generic version of my Rx, after talking about adverse reactions to the generic, for 5 minutes. Both had completely forgotten that important detail by the end of the call. I caught it by asking them to verify what order was being sent to pharmacy.

I called membership and they confirm my brand name copay is $50. I call pharmacy. I go to pick it up only to be told my portion would be $700. They say they don't cover "that brand name". Dr. sends in an alternative rx. I call membership where I am told my copay would be $50. I call pharmacy. They tell me to pick it up the following day. I arrive only to be told it is out of stock and my copay would be $250. I call member services back where I am again told copay should be $50. They tell me to call pharmacy. They tell me it is not $50. For that med.

Every lab and pharmacy I went to, showed my name incorrectly. It was a name I used in 14 yrs prior when I had Kaiser. It took an hour and 3 calls to have name corrected. 14 yrs ago, it was an efficient organization. Great care and ease of getting prescriptions. You would get the correct information the first you called. At this point, my health issue is going untreated and I don't have the energy to spend all day on the phone, trying to get answers. The first rx is one I used to online order Canada for $33 a month. After living in Mexico for 3 years, I can clearly say the U.S. health care system is in a sorry state.

Kaiser Permanente author review by Joseph Burns

Kaiser Permanente is a unique health care management program that is located mainly in the western United States. In California, Colorado and seven other states, patients who have Kaiser coverage get health care services, including hospital stays, at Kaiser health facilities.

• Offers low-cost health plans: Kaiser offers several different levels of service with varying premiums, deductibles and co-pays.

• Kaiser offers all services itself: This company provides health care services as well as health care coverage, making it easier to get needed services and file claims.

• Online application process: It’s easy to get a quote and sign up for Kaiser.

by Joseph Burns Health Insurance Contributing Editor

An independent journalist, Joseph Burns is the health insurance topic leader for the Association of Health Care Journalists and contributes to AHCJ’s Covering Health blog. He has also written about health policy and the business of health care for a wide variety of publications, including Healthcare Finance News, Hospitals & Health Networks, Managed Care magazine, Ophthalmology Management, TaxACT.com, and The Dark Report.

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Company Information