1.69/5

899 Kaiser Permanente Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

My husband had had Kaiser for years, but I have always had PPO, and he said his insurance was "fine". It was not until got onto mine that he realized the extremely poor Kaiser really was. With Kaiser you can only see you own primary doctor, which was not necessarily a bad thing, however, when you have to wait months just to see the doctor it becomes an issue. One time he was in so much pain due to a soccer injury, it was "off" hours, so they told us to go to another hospital that is approved, upon getting there we were told that they were closed and that we could not be seen. We were then referred to another hospital for ER. We went there and was not told by Kaiser or the hospital that the insurance would not cover the expenses and it cost us $4000.

After moving to my PPO, my husband was astonished to find out that all you have to do is call and you can get seen the same day more often than not. Which was not available with Kaiser. The service was so bad with them that he just avoided going whenever he was sick because it was such a hassle. My experience with Kaiser was not too dissimilar, hard to be seen, slow or delayed surgery times, poor or incorrect information from customer service. It is amazing to me that a company as large as Kaiser could be so incredibly bad, that they are as bad as some of the government offices that really only care about getting through the day for a paycheck. Kaiser should close its doors or fire all their executives with people that actually can do healthcare right.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I received a letter from Kaiser one day that they had terminated my health insurance because I had a balance passed due of... 1 cent! Yes, no kidding, $0.01. When I tried to understand why I wasn't notified about this "debt" it turned out that Kaiser has sent me notification... to an old e-mail address that I was not using for months. I had updated the e-mail address in my profile on Kaiser's web site months ago but they kept sending messages to the old address. And every department I call at Kaiser give me the same robotic answer of reading me the policy that they can cancel my coverage if there is a balance due for more than 3 months. No one there seems to care that they made a mistake and the balance past due is a freakin' 1 cent!!

Get expert buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

It's cheap, but you get what you pay for. And that's very little. Every time I really need a doctor I can't get an appointment. I'm usually healthy, but when I'm not I'd like to be able to see a doctor. This is apparently too much to ask of Kaiser. They have no problem taking my money every month, but big problems whenever I need anything from them.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I had surgery on the 15th of last month, and immediately after, I filed a request for my medical records for that day as no one was telling me all that went on other than 'Here are some pills, go home'. This is not the first time I have been refused my records either. I had the same issue getting my records last year, as well as my sons records. Oh don't get me started on my son’s records. Those took me SIX MONTHS of arguing and threatening to get his records. He is a member of Kaiser as well, so there is no reason why those would be restricted to me.

Is it not against the law to refuse records? I pay this company to help me stay healthy, and they turn around and refuse a copy of what I paid for. Don't get me started on their treatment of me for the actual surgery and after care, that is a whole different reported issue. For the past four days, member services has told me "we will have someone call you tomorrow to get this taken care of" only for no one to call. If I call in myself, no one can be found who can help me. This is horrible treatment, and I will keep reporting and demanding my information wherever I can for it to be done.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Kaiser Flu Clinics do not open until late September. I am leaving for Alaska on 9/13/18. Kaiser will not provide my needed flu shot prior to 9/13/18 nor will they pay for one provided by Walmart, Safeway, Walgreens, CVS, etc. What happens if I come down with the flu in Alaska? Will Kaiser pay for my treatment? I think not. Kaiser is not into medical care. They are into making money and screwing people on Medicare (Medicare Fraud???). How disgusting.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaiser Permanente?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I have been seeking treatment for hip pain since January. I was told by an outside physician I needed a double hip replacement. Kaiser of Tacoma has 1 surgeon and NO appointments or openings for surgery until at least December. I found a physician outside their network that had time and space to treat me. I pay for insurance and expect to get the care I need WHEN I need it - not be left to suffer more pain and possibly lose my job because they cannot hire enough physicians. What's the point of having insurance if they won't give you the care you need? Disgusting money grabbing pigs.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

The so called radiologist RO, Kyung ** told me wrongful information and misguided me, totally abused my trust in a physician. She intimidated me and made me believing that I was at the risk of cancer when she knew it’s just microcalcification. RO Kyung ** tricked me into taking biopsy procedure, which is very painful and costly. RO, Kyung ** is not qualified to be a doctor, the worst physician I have encountered.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I've had them 2 months, and very unsatisfied. Have a broken arm, to even get Tylenol 3. They want me to sign a contract, you taken some labs they should know I don't even drink, I've been sent to speak is after specialist, MRI, CT scan, etc. Paying out half of my SSDI in their co-pays, Dr. thinks I have an infection in bone area, yet after two weeks of trying to get that specializes test scheduled I give up. Canceling this insurance immediately, I stick with my Medicare...

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I became quite sick about 10 days ago. Six days ago -via fax- I requested that KP email me my records so that my physician will see me. Still waiting almost a week later. They now say it could be another 5 days!! The Medical Records office is understaffed, slow, poorly run, or out of touch with what it means "to serve". No way to expedite my request? I've made it clear that I'm very sick and that I need to get this information. This is what makes America mediocre.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

MRI Appointment at Kaiser - Washington DC - Kaiser specialist Dr requested to do a MRI scan and on checking for an appointment, the next available appointment at Reston is about a month from today, and to the next nearest one Tysons is 1 and 1/2 month from today. If I have a pain because of which an MRI scan is required, what sort of service they provide to get a treatment after a month. I'm sharing in the issue of public and please make your choice. Next year, I plan to choose a different health provider.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

My employer provides insurance to us via Kaiser. My company owner is in Northern Virginia, however our company is NOT. We are in Chesterfield County. The nearest HMO is 90 minutes away in Fredericksburg so we all have to pay way more for a PPO plan so we can at least choose a doctor 10 minutes away, rather than 90 minutes away. Their nearest "approved" hospital is THREE hours away from here! I was in hospital back in July and they called me in the hospital to say they were going to send an ambulance for me and take me to Stafford County (three hours away) to their approved facility.

Not only does this not sound medically safe, it doesn't even sound HUMANE to take someone away from the support of their family. My kids all work and have small children. Would they have been able to see me or help me with a three hours one way drive??? Now they have decided they won't cover my hospital stay because I turned down moving! They "might" cover it under their Tier Two (whatever that is) but I'll be responsible for 20%! If they are going to provide coverage for my employer, shouldn't they be required to provide fair and equitable insurance for ALL employees? A 90 minute drive to an HMO and moving a patient three hours away is NOT fair and equitable!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I need MRI head scan and prepaid $559, I was shocked to see the change is $6,262 plus $270 diagnostic which amounts to $6,532. My final amount is pending... I did a search for MRI head charge in Los Angeles area, $1500 maximum. Kaiser charge 4 times above average???

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

My daughter went to ER on a Sunday for a Bronchitis. Waited 2 hours sitting in the waiting room to finally see a Doctor who consulted her and gave her one medication to treat Bronchitis. All in all the Doctor spent 5 minutes with her. I have been charged $2000 for that. I disputed the invoice. After almost one month, I receive a denial letter. Kaiser maintains its billing and refers to EOC where it stays 40% is on me. But I am not disputing my part of the bill. I am disputing the bill itself. If my daughter was informed the bill would be $2000, she would not even stay for the consultation. The letter says Brad **. Can be called at ** but Brad's phone goes always to voicemail and 3 messages left and never returned the call.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I just have to share how amazing everyone at Kaiser in Roseville is. I went in the other day at 3am, sadly having to drag my poor daughter with me. I ended up having really painful side effects from my IUD. Everyone I came in contact with went out of their way to make my daughter and I as comfortable as possible. They got us in right away, and brought us an extra bed for her ♡. They also brought her crackers, apple juice, and coloring stuff. They ran a bunch of test to make sure I was ok and it wasn't anything serious. Test came back fine, then finally the OBGYN Dr came down and helped me remove the IUD, which they could have said, it wasn't an emergency and to come back. But she wasn't busy, so she came down. And like I suspected, that was the root to all my pain. Thank you, to all the employees at Kaiser for all their top service. Especially those who were able to make my daughter and I so comfortable.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

If you are a parent dealing with Kaiser when you have a child that has complicated symptoms can be a nightmare. To begin my daughter has had repeated visits to different doctors at Kaiser for at least the last five years for stomach and headache related concerns. These were suggested to be a normal complaint for children or possibly anxiety related. My repeated request for imaging to be done was pushed away as unnecessary to expose her to. Finally after all the ignorance of ignoring her symptoms my daughter has started to have neurological symptoms that resulted in an ER visit where the verbal suggestions were possible multiple sclerosis and should see a neurologist and have an MRI. I requested the possible suggested diagnosis be documented but upon review of her records it was not. I changed her pediatric doctor and clinic to who after reading reviews I thought would be a great doctor.

Wow after a review of my daughters records the doctor criticized me for being so demanding and suspects that wonderful child syndrome is in play Whatever that means. I was also criticized in the records for not allowing the second dose of the HPV shot because symptoms seemed to get worse after her first dose. One thing did come out of that visit my daughter did see a great neurologist who actually listened and did the needed MRI which sadly shows 6 brain lesions and we are now playing a wait and see game to see a multiple sclerosis specialist and my request for a timely appointment are being ignored. In her record it states I am the one who suspects the multiple sclerosis as if I invented this, when it should be documented that the ER gave the suggestion. I am learning a lot while we wait. No family or child should have to go through this.

I started looking up doctors on the state doctors website and one of the doctors my daughter was sent to that put off her 20 day periods as normal and offered birth control as the Fix has already had an arbitration Malpractice award against her. Kaiser’s slogan when they send those reviews to patients say "Good is not Good enough." I can’t even say that my daughter has received good care. Multiple Sclerosis is incurable and if that’s what she has then Kaiser is to blame fully as being negligent. I pray it’s something else but time will only tell as Kaiser plays the wait game with us despite me filing a grievance almost one month ago. Kaiser doctors can continue to criticize me for being an advocate for my child when they have continued to fail her but as her mother I will continue to fight for her well being because that is my job as her mother.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Got a simple ordinary eye exam at Kaiser. Our plan calls for us paying 80% of this cost. No physical glasses or contacts were purchased. Just the eye exam. The cost was $314 for this exam. We had to pay $262. There was even a lab charge for this exam. What an exorbitant rate considering what other eye doctors charge. Kaiser is pitiful.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have been on KP Insurance for most of my life, childhood and on, and I've had some experiences. These doctors have earned my contempt for sure over the years. Most certainly, one of my most awful experience was with a KP gynecologist, when I was 17. I'd gone in for a bacterial infection and learned I was pregnant. Pretty heavy for a teenager. This Dr proceeded to tell me if I wanted to go to college and not ruin my life, to get an abortion. Besides that, I had an "abnormal" pap smear, and had her nurse call and harass me for months after! What a weirdo!

This is just one experience out of several... Oh, and did I mention that a KP doctor is partly responsible for taking too long to get my mother to see a specialist for her liver. Instead he kept having her try different medications and she had a huge red basket full by the time he was done dicking her around! So finally a liver specialist... to tell her, "You've got 6 months to live... Why didn't you come in sooner!" And now, not only has KP contributed to my mother's death, but now I'm not sure if my daughter's death was purely accidental because NO one ever answers an e-mail with real answers! THANK YOU to the Oregon/Washington Kaiser Permanente Doctors!!! You all suck!

Original review: July 29, 2018

My previously healthy brother was constantly going to emergency rooms, and making appointments for his primary provider the last year of his life. It's criminal how Kaiser let his health decline by NON-TREATMENT / NEGLIGENCE. It seems like his doctors were all about saving costs. In the hospital, doctors rotate EVERY WEEK. WHY??? To prevent a doctor-patient relationship? The doctors might actually try to help the patients if they get to know them - causing increased costs.

My brother felt horrible, was very weak (to point of not driving), he had abdominal pain, nausea, bruising, intermittent confusion (normally sharp mentally - civil engineer). Kaiser did nothing, but say he had "vertigo" (dizziness) and send him home. VERTIGO IS A SYMPTOM NOT A DIAGNOSIS! His last month of life we family/wife were taking him to the ER 4-5 times a week. He was finally admitted on a Thursday, almost discharged home that Sunday, then on Wednesday we were told he had one week to live. He died of "Hepatorenal syndrome" caused by an acute inflammation of the liver 6 days later.

When he was admitted, lab work showed he had normal kidney function. He developed kidney failure in the hospital. Nothing was done to prevent it, or treat it. He/we knew nothing of liver impairment until 6 days before his death, but his hospital and doctor visits for the prior year were all related to liver impairment symptoms. My brother was not a spring chicken, but he was too young to die!!! He had a wife, 3 children, and very young grandkids. Both parents and 6 siblings, including his twin brother, who we are very worried about because of the depth of this traumatic experience to him - all are grieving him. WHY??? Because Kaiser would rather save money than have costs from diagnosing and treating a sick person.

Original review: July 27, 2018

My Doctor put in an urgent referral for a wound nurse and for me to call the next day to see what time a nurse would come out. I called Home Health and the lady, Patricia who schedules nurses said I'd have to wait another 24 hours. I said Doctor put urgent and he said a nurse would be out in 24 hrs. She said she does the schedules and Doctor can't tell her when to schedule and she doesn't go by urgent. I said she needed to call Doctor as I will also call him. She said not a problem she will call Doctor and tell him not to give time frames. I am in horrible pain and can't get to E.R. This isn't the first time Home Health hasn't been able to do their job. They need to train these people and remind them we are paying their salaries, they don't pay me. If you have choice not to pick Kaiser definitely DON'T choose them. Just horrible service all around.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I have had two medical needs for which I have sought help from Kaiser since my employer switched to them to save money. It is very clear that you get what you pay for. After waiting for birth control for two months, I am still using the diaphragm I've had since 2006. The bumbling incompetence of everyone I spoke to about getting a new one, in which process I learned that most doctors at Kaiser don't know anything about them, and those that do, do not communicate with the others about how patients can go about getting one, has been astounding.

I have also had severe neck pain that makes me unable to turn my head for the past month, and have asked my provider for a referral to a chiropractor. My provider, after standing me up for a phone appointment and failing to respond to several of my emails, finally sent a referral to the referral department. Another 10 days, and my referral came through... To a chiropractor that told me they are not in-network for Kaiser. I give up on getting health care from Kaiser. I'm going to just try not to get sick until we get a reasonable administration and Congress and we get Medicare for All, which is the only sane alternative to our dysfunctional for-profit health care system.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I have always been on PPO but switched to Kaiser Permanente because my Family goes there and it is close to home. Now I can't wait for open enrollment to run back to PPO. At Kaiser I was falsely accused of positive urine test results for Narcotics. I asked for a retest and was given one and again they said it was the same. I requested the test results and was told I could see them on the Patient website. This was over 2 months ago and still no results. Due to these "positive" test results. My Dr. Stopped my sleeping medication - I have suffered from Insomnia for many years. I emailed the Dr requesting my medicine and it was denied. I don't know why this test was done to begin with. Is the Patient suppose to be notified?

It's been almost 4 months since this happened. My Mother passed away late May and with my Bereavement, I sleep no more than 3 hours a night. Before my Mother passed away, I saw my Dr. For excessive anxiety (my Mom was on Hospice at home) and still no sleep. I requested something for the anxiety. I felt I was going to have a heart attack. Again, my request was denied. Her response was "I am not going to prescribe narcotics." Instead she recommended I go see a psychiatrist. (I was grieving.) I don't and have never been a drug user. My work does random drug tests throughout the year. I would not jeopardize my job. I am very disappointed and can't wait to get another Ins. I've read some reviews on here and see how many people go through the exact same thing... Why are they allowed to do this?

They take our $$ by way of co payments and of course medication that they want to give us... Not what we need. If a procedure or test is needed, they say no. My Mother requested a D-Dimer test to check for blood clots in her legs due to pain and was told she didn't need it because she didn't have them. After she got a new Dr. The test was performed and it was positive for blood clots. MRI was done (at my Sister in law's request) and it took forever to get it. We had to take her to the ER because she also had blood clots in her lungs... This whole time they wasted could have kept my Mother here longer (wishful thinking). The MRI results showed a mass in her pancreas and liver. Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. We lost her 3 weeks later.

Kaiser knows what my Family and I have gone through. I am going to Counseling and was told I needed my sleep to function when I return to work. I agree and through this painful time in my life with no sleep and anxiety. I still can't get the help I need and have requested from Kaiser. I am given medication that does very little or nothing to help. I hope and pray to God that nothing happens while I am commuting to work.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Went to see Dr ** for my minor child's physical and she asked if she could see her privately, which I said ok to and then the doctor tried to actively sell her on the HPV vaccine when I had said we are still doing our research on it and did not want it yet. Doctors should not be undermining parents.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I had a fall that resulted in 5 bulging discs in my lumbar spine. I have been seen by Kaiser Pain Management three times. The first time I entered the office in tears and was "There is nothing we can do for you." The 2nd time they tried a facet joint injection which worsened the pain. The 3rd time the increased a medication that I was later told by a surgeon should have never been prescribed. Now they are not offering any other options. Why call yourself pain management when you are not able to manage the pain and offer nothing? I am disgusted!

Original review: July 19, 2018

Kaiser is one big bureaucracy where they treat you more or less like a unit to go through a production line rather than a human being. I have upcoming surgery. They won't tell me the time. They won't tell me post op instructions. They are unprofessional, bureaucratic, and anything connected with them involves delay and problems. The only advantage is they are cheap. Go elsewhere if you can.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Kaiser confuses members by not making it clear if your policy covers durable medical equipment. If get medical coverage through your employer you're covered with DME, if you buy Kaiser Insurance on your own you don't have the option you are not covered for their durable medical equipment nor allowed to buy a plan that covers DME.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I sent I two payments one for May and one for June, so Kaiser closed my account due to late payments on April 30 2018? But accepted my payments on May 24 and June 24 2018. First the reason was late payment, then to overpayment, they sent the payment for June and said that May payment was applied to April but my account was closed? Talk about lies and stealing your money. Somebody needs to investigate this company because they seem to cancel after they receive your payments.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Over 10 years and 100 hours of meetings and nutritionists and psychiatrists and specialists and they still refuse to do the gastric bypass. I started this journey before I had type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea, arthritis and knee and back pain. I recognized that I needed drastic measures before my body degenerated. I have been a Kaiser member for decades in Northern California. In the time I have been in the program, multiple friends in other health care programs have had their surgeries within 6 months of their BMI measurements.

This group is a cluster suck. Take for example the goal weight. You are overweight with a morbidly obese body mass index and they ask you to lose 10 percent of your body weight. For many this is 40-50 pounds! They say that it is to make the surgery safe but that is bull crap because they do that same surgery for people twice your size regularly. Then they make you meet with a psychiatrist who will tell you that you know why you are overweight like they did me.

Meetings with nutritionists are cancelled after you have driven 45 minutes plus to get to their remote locations for your meetings. The orientation is 4 hours with no breaks. I could go on and on. You are better off choosing a different insurance carrier where you are treated with respect and not like you are a burden to their statistics. All they care about is presenting barriers to your success in getting ANY SURGERY.

Original review: July 11, 2018

You're going to have to call every single day, or showing up all the time, and keep repeating the same information, jumping through a ton of hoops to get a hold of anyone, because their website and apps are constantly down. Then when you get a hold of someone, they tell you they are booked for over a month... even with dozens of locations across my area and completely empty waiting rooms. So I finally pushed to get an urgent appointment by saying some magic code words probably - but at a place that looks like the dingiest Principal's Office and they have you fill out paperwork that looks like it's from a fax machine from 1995, then other questions on an iPad. The receptionist isn't helpful or warm, and looks like she just got hit by a bus.

Then I was matched with someone who didn't have any background training in my diagnosis, wouldn't even let me transfer files from my other doctor on my decades of background, and didn't even do the Kaiser intake properly. Which I had to make 3 MORE appointments for, for some reason. The doctor also kept steering me down random leading questions and drudging about abuse stories, without giving proper adequate empathetic care, and without answering any of my questions about what I came in for. When I started crying from annoyance, the doctor gave me a new diagnosis that I clearly do not have and slapped it onto my Kaiser records. To look like she's doing something, presumably. So the process had to start all over again, after I issued a formal complaint.

I have a Mensa level IQ, am mid-level-functioning, and I am usually a very kind woman. I can't believe they left me more broken and vulnerable than when I went in there. I honestly kind of feel badly for these people. Anyway, I continued paying a good Specialist outside of Kaiser, out of pocket in the hundreds, so I can continue the medication that I actually need to function, while trying to stay patient with Kaiser's poor systems design runarounds. Kaiser is like a 50-operators hydra-serpent Medusa that wants you to turn to stone and simply go away, so they can continue to surf Facebook. I don't want to yell on the phone like a child - but eventually they leave me with no choice.

Crying or yelling at them is the only way to get an appointment in the time that is actually necessary to fill the needed prescriptions, or for other important psychiatric matters that they fail to follow up with anyway, even after the 15 promised days. Talk about negligence. All they seem to talk about is "are you suicidal yet? Are you suicidal yet? Are you suicidal yet?" NO! I'm not and never was, but oh my goodness... how they could be driving others that way, like my career mentor and cherished friend who did commit suicide quickly, under their so called "care". That's why it says "IF IT'S AN EMERGENCY CALL 911" all over their website. Because they are admitting that they are completely and utterly incompetent, untimely, and worsen all symptoms.

Meanwhile months later, I'm still just trying to get my prescriptions transferred at the minimum. I'm waking up 4 hours earlier than usual tomorrow, so that I can meet an appointment that POOF... magically appeared after complaining enough. I don't usually talk like this, but I am so annoyed. If I have such a hard time getting through, then imagine all the lower-functioning people or poorer people who can't get afford a backup plan, who are blatantly suffering daily or needlessly dying on their Kaiser plans!!! It is inexcusable. I should have paid $50 extra per month and just went with a different provider individual plan. Which I'm even considering again, if tomorrow doesn't go smoothly. As I will have to!!!

Original review: July 9, 2018

Almost 6 years ago, I hurt my back. I have so many things wrong with it. At the time, I didn't have Kaiser, but a fantastic insurance that covered everything and the people were very helpful. In the beginning, I had cortisone shots, nerve blockers, RFA, PT and Pain Mgmt Drugs. When my Dr at the Spine Institute realized nothing was helping, I was set up for an appointment with a surgeon who was willing to do surgery. A week before my appointment, our insurance was changed to Kaiser. I had to jump through all the hoops of shots and pain meds again, including as going so far as to be put on the **patch (70 Mg patch every 72 hours), **(300 mg 3X a day), **, ** AND ** (3 X a day) ALL AT ONCE.

After a few months I refused any more prescriptions and insisted something be done. I was referred once again to PT and told to "Lose weight, you'll be fine."

5 years later, I can't stand the pain anymore. The MRI shows that I have encroachment on the nerves and narrowing of the spinal canal, it says it on the results but no one will do anything about it. Pain Management, lose weight and PT is the recommendation yet again. The surgeon says "Nothing is pressing on the spine or causing nerve pain." Seriously?? It's right there in black and white in the test results!!!

They insist that the numbness in my foot is diabetic neuropathy. However, when I twist my back a certain way, that foot and leg come shooting back to life with tingling and pain. How is that related to my diabetes? We buy our Insurance through the Health Exchange and will now be looking for a different company. I am not about to go through the rest of my life living in constant pain and having narcotics shoved down my throat. (which, by the way, they were refusing to refill my anxiety meds, but wanted to give me opioids, cause THAT makes sense.) I strongly recommend that if you are giving the choice of Kaiser or any other insurance.. take the other insurance. Kaiser is not worth the pain in the butt (literally!!!).

Original review: July 6, 2018

5 years ago I had a bunion procedure, the treatment plan was changed during the surgery by the dr. He decided to break my toe and shave the bone from the “inside”, when it was to be done on the outside bone. I have a screw in my toe now. After the procedure, I followed up with the dr and told him my foot was dark blue. He took a picture of it and sent to a dermatologist because he didn’t know what was causing the discoloration of my foot. I never heard back from him and was referred to another specialist who offered to make “corrections”. When searching for an Atty. I couldn’t find one to take on a malpractice case against Kaiser. The dr was transferred to another area. I’m still at Kaiser but will be trying to change insurances now. Beware, Kaiser is an HMO plan that has doctors who graduated at the lowest of the class in medical school.

Kaiser Permanente expert review by Joseph Burns

Kaiser Permanente is a unique health care management program that is located mainly in the western United States. In California, Colorado and seven other states, patients who have Kaiser coverage get health care services, including hospital stays, at Kaiser health facilities.

• Offers low-cost health plans: Kaiser offers several different levels of service with varying premiums, deductibles and co-pays.

• Kaiser offers all services itself: This company provides health care services as well as health care coverage, making it easier to get needed services and file claims.

• Online application process: It’s easy to get a quote and sign up for Kaiser.

• Best for: Students, employees, heads of families

Profile picture of Joseph Burns
Joseph Burns Health Insurance Contributing Editor

An independent journalist, Joseph Burns is the health insurance topic leader for the Association of Health Care Journalists and contributes to AHCJ’s Covering Health blog. He has also written about health policy and the business of health care for a wide variety of publications, including Healthcare Finance News, Hospitals & Health Networks, Managed Care magazine, Ophthalmology Management, TaxACT.com, and The Dark Report.

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Company Information