Kaiser Permanente Insurance

Kaiser Permanente Insurance

3.9/5 (1757 ratings)
Find a Health Insurance partner

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About Kaiser Permanente Insurance

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaiser Permanente Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaiser Permanente?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Kaiser does a good job until you are elderly. My father had dementia and it was awful. We ended up calling the police on some care givers since we had to go it alone without guidance. (He wanted to be at home---what a mess!) That said, I am my own advocate and my doctor discusses things with me using Zoom/messaging. When I'm old and can't function, I'm in trouble.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

It is easy to communicate with my doctor, or the advice nurse and to schedule appointments. They are considerate in scheduling to fit my needs. After appointments, if requested, they will provide a summary of the details of the appointment, which is helpful in keeping track of what must be done/dosages/ recommendations. There is plenty of parking at all facilities.

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

There are never any surprise bills, difficulties contacting my doctors for appointments or answers to questions, or long waits to be seen. Kaiser is also very proactive about preventative care and wellness. I've had 2 surgeries from which I quickly recovered and had good outcomes.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Kaiser Permanente is the best supplemental insurance provider. I pay $5 copay to see my primary care doctor, $10 to see a specialist, and $25 for urgent care. I only paid a copayment of $125 for a $20,000 surgery. My prescriptions are only $5 for a month's supply, and $10 for a three month supply. I did all the research and compared all of the plans offered in my area. Kaiser Permanente gave me the best deal for the money. The doctors are wonderful and treat you like a real person, not just minutes or money.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Kaiser program is great. Easy communication features, constant updates. Kaiser has programs and resources to help manage ailments and pain. Able to communicate with Dr through e-mails and texts. Prescriptions are available within the location and vaccines are available in the main lobbies. Kaiser is like Mini mart, everything you need is available at all facilities.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

The only thing Kaiser knows how to do is convenience. It is very convenient to have a pharmacy, lab, and x-rays onsite. Services like Women's Health, Physical Therapy, and Mental Health Services have up to six months before you can be seen. Kaiser's physical therapy is from the dark ages. They have no modern equipment or methods in place. After waiting weeks in pain for a PT appointment, you will be shown a stretch or two to take home. That's it. This is not acceptable, especially when this is all you have to offer people with chronic pain. I am fed up with Kaiser's lack of services and am looking to leave come open enrollment.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Kaiser has always been known for long wait times, but today, I waited in a 20 minute line to check in for urgent care. As I checked in, I was told it was going to be a 4.5-5.5 hour wait. 6 hours later, I headed across the street to the pharmacy because the pharmacies in that building were closed. Some of the nurses were AMAZING, and of course you had a few super grouchy ones, but I can’t really blame them. The waiting room had sick people standing along the walls and sitting on the gross floors. The bathroom floor was covered in water because of a leaking toilet, which I overheard patients reporting to staff twice, yet nothing was ever done about it. It was pretty ridiculous. At the same time, they were telling people in the ER that they had at least a 10 hour wait ahead of them. Kaiser insurance is REALLY expensive and the care we all received there today and during other visits as well is not worth the cost.

Original review: July 20, 2021

I have KP through a union retirement. After a few years, I am counting the days to Medicare Open Enrollment so I can switch out of KP Medicare Advantage and into full Medicare with a Medicare Supplement. Basically, I am asking that if you are thinking of an insurance provider, skip KP, even if you pay a little extra. More details in October after I switch, but for now here are some basics...*PCP is OK, not a deal breaker. *Specialists are questionable. Very unresponsive to patient questions. *Facilities are acceptable if they are nearby. My specialty appts. require a 24 mile drive. When I get changed over, I will be burning my KP card like people burn their mortgage and post it on YouTube.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Employee falsely accused ** man of stealing son's phone, then told him to go ** himself when the kid found it. Disgusting people work here, clearly. I will never patronize this business until she is fired.

Original review: July 9, 2021

WORST healthcare insurance you can ever imagine. About a month ago I had this skin condition that developing scars all over my body, so I reached out and want to see a dermatologist. BUT GUESS WHAT, despite paying thousands dollar each month almost for a decade, they said the dermatology department is special referral only.

OKAY, so I tried to set up an appointment with my family doctor, but she was out for more than a week, so I had to set up an appointment with another doctor, who did nothing but telling me it’s Lyme disease, which is a very severe skin condition. HOWEVER, my skin condition looked nothing like Lyme disease, and the doctor was smiling when he told me that it doesn’t matter since the prescribe medicine for all skin problems is the same. He didn’t even bother to take a closer look, so I was like ???!! Forgot to mention, KP currently does not allow any skin problems patient to see doctor in person unless you first meet up with a doctor online and that doctor allows you to go see in person.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS, HOW CAN ALL SKIN PROBLEM BE ACCURATELY IDENTIFIED ONLINE? In my case, the doctor obviously made a mistake and didn’t even bother to care. So I called the KP, and they set up an appointment with my family doctor after a week of my inquiry. But what was even more ridiculous was the fact they called me less than an hour before my appointment told me that the appointment is canceled since the doctor couldn’t make it. So I have to wait another week for next available appointment.

KP really doesn’t care their patients at all, doesn’t matter blister and scares developing all over your body every single day. You probably will only get a chance to see a dermatologist or even visit in person once your problem develops into something super severe. Isn’t this funny yet triggering? GO FOR SOME OTHER INSURANCE CARRIERS IF YOU CAN!

Kaiser Permanente author review by Joseph Burns

Kaiser Permanente is a unique health care management program that is located mainly in the western United States. In California, Colorado and seven other states, patients who have Kaiser coverage get health care services, including hospital stays, at Kaiser health facilities.

• Offers low-cost health plans: Kaiser offers several different levels of service with varying premiums, deductibles and co-pays.

• Kaiser offers all services itself: This company provides health care services as well as health care coverage, making it easier to get needed services and file claims.

• Online application process: It’s easy to get a quote and sign up for Kaiser.

by Joseph Burns Health Insurance Contributing Editor

An independent journalist, Joseph Burns is the health insurance topic leader for the Association of Health Care Journalists and contributes to AHCJ’s Covering Health blog. He has also written about health policy and the business of health care for a wide variety of publications, including Healthcare Finance News, Hospitals & Health Networks, Managed Care magazine, Ophthalmology Management, TaxACT.com, and The Dark Report.

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Company Information