1.04/5
  • 1 star
Based on 55 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 22, 2017

56 IHC Health Solutions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Short term medical, 3 months - They are so janky. I worked with Jason ** and now his office won't answer the phone. I specifically told him what I wanted and the insurance doesn't cover anything. Now I'm stuck with a $1,200 bill. The customer service gave me Arlisa's email and I still haven't heard back from over a week ago. I wish I would've looked at these reviews. Stay Away. I wonder if I can make this a legal issue?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Please stay away from this company, their customer service is the worst you will ever experience and they have a very misleading info!! I purchased a short term medical insurance for 3 months and I am being charged for an extra month for no reason, and the person at the customer service gives me no explanation and is being extremely rude to me. Save yourself some time and money and never purchase anything from these scammers!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My husband originally purchased this product for a two month coverage period before entering into Medicare. We were on the ACA which was not covering anything plus we had difficulty finding a Dr that would take the insurance. We had to use the policy when my husband suddenly got ill and they authorized treatment and we paid the deductible. That was in January to March 2017. We are now going into Oct and they have tried every trick in the book not to pay the hospital bills and actually tried to get me to resubmit his application. He died in March and they wanted me to sign the "corrected" application. This was a trick not to pay the claim of more than $100K. STAY AWAY FROM THIS INSURANCE CO.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I got this insurance for my son, and wasn't able to use it anywhere. I explained why I needed it and how I wanted to use it and was given the "it will work perfect for your situation" answer... They took my money and gave me insurance I couldn't use and now are taking forever to refund my money I need to get my son the insurance he needs:/ Not happy at all. Every time I call it's a long wait to speak with someone and I get the same "it takes 10-15 days to get your refund". It has now been almost a month.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I had an ER visit and they have taken 9 months to tell me it was a "pre-existing condition" and will not pay my bills. I have never had any medical issue to call this pre-existing. They never sent a letter or communication regarding the claims. I will be filing a complaint with the Insurance Commissioner and be filing a lawsuit. Stay away from this company and do not give them your money!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IHC Health Solutions?

Original review: July 10, 2017

I will like to show my dissatisfaction with so called scamming Health insurance company who will only charge you for premiums and tell you everything about you is a pre-existing condition when it is time to pay. Please, folks let's save others from this scam; endeavor to expose them on every social media platform so that people don't fall into their hands. I think we victims of this scam should all come out and fight this legally. Anyone ready to join me here is my number you can hmu...**. Text pls. Am willing to legally fight this back to all extent.

Original review: June 20, 2017

After 11-1/2 months of coverage, IHC abruptly cancelled my insurance back to Day 1 - as if I never had insurance at all. During those 11-1/2 months I had two surgeries and several doctor visits believing that I was indeed covered. In fact, IHC approved both of those surgeries. I am now having to deal with medical bills totaling several hundred thousand dollars. Logic used was that my situations were pre-existing conditions.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Cancelled policy over 1 month ago, still no refund of premium. I opened this policy for my wife, then discovered what a scam it was so I cancelled it on the same day (well within their 10 day policy) but have still (after repeated calls to the company and repeated assurances it had been sent out) have not received the refund. This company is a total scam, they are there to only take in money and to never (despite published policy) pay it out. Avoid this company like the plague they are. Total liars.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I signed up for insurance and dental 2 months ago, and have never received any actual policy coverage, only the cards. I have cancelled as I spoke with the finance/billing department of a doctor I was considering signing up for, and they had no idea who this company is. Called back to the agent who enrolled me and he couldn't confirm either. THANK GOODNESS I didn't cancel my policy with ObamaCare. As much as I don't like the plan (that was the reason for trying IHC) At least I know what's covered and they do pay what they say. I think this is a scam, like so many have mentioned in these reviews. I wish you all the best. Playing games with people's health, so pathetic. They also told me that this coverage would cover the minimum needed for the affordable coverage act. NOT the Case.

Original review: May 3, 2017

If you need insurance for only 6 months (I guess now it's only for 3 months) then this might be an option, but if you need insurance for longer than that then this is not the company for you! Not only will they NEVER notify you when your policy is expiring, they will also supply you with zero written documentation on their policy but rather they will give you a link to print it all out. Their customer service is horrible and don't bother to leave them a message because they will NEVER call you back even though they say they will call you back within the next business day. JUST A HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!

Original review: March 31, 2017

We paid our premiums for the agreed amount of time and then we're told, after 6 months, that we were dropped 6 months prior without any advance notice. One review has mentioned that we should all sue IHC and I AGREE! We are now in debt for tens of thousands of dollars and their phone numbers go to voicemail and their emails bounce back... I have lodged a complaint with the domain company for their website (ihcgroup.com). Also we have reported them to the State of California Insurance Fraud Division. Also their "legal and Compliance" representative claims our coverage was reinstated at the first of the year but there has been nothing paid to any of the Hospitals or Doctors involved...

Original review: March 29, 2017

I bought a policy in January when I lost my old plan. As a college student, this seemed like a good price for what's included. Don't do it! Absolute scam. Terrible customer service and virtually unusable coverage. Several companies now have my info and are asking for payments, although I cancelled within a week. I am still fighting charges from them. At least I know better now. Long story short? Scam! Save your time and money!

Original review: March 21, 2017

Signed up in January and was told several times that routine exams like colonoscopy would most definitely be covered. Asked 4 specific times and each time told yes. Even followed up with an email. Today called day before procedure just to be sure and was told that they would not cover this procedure. Have never received a copy of our policy, getting through to this company is a nightmare. This entire company is a complete and total fraud. They insure nothing and pay nothing. You can even get cheaper prescriptions through good rx than their plan. Please do not sign up with this company. They are a total sham and fraud.

Original review: March 14, 2017

Nefarious business practices. Despite answering all questions accurately and honestly regarding my family's health, I am finding it close to impossible to have claims paid. I have contacted customer service who said there might be a case review to determine if claims were based on a pre-existing condition. GO AHEAD, THEY ARE NOT. Now customer service says they have "flagged" my claims to management for review. What is there to review? I bought and paid for insurance for six months - we had some unexpected medical issues arise in that time, PAY THE DAMN CLAIMS. My daughter is in law school - I am thinking it's time to get some legal advice and letters drafted.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I think we all need to file a lawsuit against IHC. I'm now in debt for $35,000.00 in medical bills because of this company. They don't pay ANYTHING!!! They have tons of delay tactics thinking they are trying to help you but in the end they don't care at all. Who's willing to join me in a lawsuit? I was told by the company that the guy that sold me the insurance should have never sold it to me because of pre-existing conditions. So if you've ever had a cold, it's pre-existing so you better not buy it. I'm tired of getting my ass handed to me by loser companies like this one that just want your money for nothing in return. If any lawyers out there want to contact me, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't believe this company should get away with what they are doing to the consumers.

Original review: March 8, 2017

This company is the worst ever. The phone numbers in the identification card don't work. Always busy. If you have a emergency, be ready to drop dead. The only answer you will get is "leave a message and we'll call you in 48 hours". They quicker to take your money. They don't deserve the one star.

Original review: March 4, 2017

Do not buy it. We moved to USA and we needed a short term insurance. We got it here and then we had to go to the doctor with our youngest daughter, and they ended up not paying even our bills, and despite we had an insurance with them. Tons of letters and phone-calls did not help. In the end we gave up and just paid the bill!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

Basically they changed a policy, told my dentist office I did not have coverage however have continued to charge me for months. No response to the "policy services" email or voice mails you must leave.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

This company has the worst customer service and does not pay the claims. I have given the information they requested several times and they still have not paid the claim. I do not recommend them ever.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Don't waste you money. I purchase this insurance because I needed something to carry me over. I had an accident which sent me to the ER for further test. No overnight stay just a few test. They have not paid a penny on that bill. They keep asking for more information which is just a delaying tactic. In December I was contacted by a representative to renew my policy. Well of course my application was denied. They will keep you insured until something happens and then they will refuse to pay. So my advice to people is to look for something else. Because with this insurance company you're wasting your money, you might as well give it to the mob. You will get better protection.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

They are quick to take your money. I enrolled and should have known the cost was too good to be true. After reading fine print and realizing that the plan does not meet Obamacare requirements and I can still be fined, I cancelled the next day. Customer service stated I would receive refund LATE December. Still waiting. I plan on contacting anyone and everyone to get my money back!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I took a policy out for one month to hold me over until my normal policy with BCBS took effect the following month. The IHC Group continued to bill my credit card for an additional 5 months, and said I had taken out a six month policy. I sent them proof of my normal policy that was up to date and active the following month and I have still not seen the reimbursement for the additional five months.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Find another "outfit". I found their site from a link on a site of a well known National Carrier (made me think it was legit). Does this policy meet needs for ACA? (nope; not if it doesn't cover pre-existing conditions; i.e.: not "creditable"). If "NO", then you will pay a penalty, per conditions of ACA if it is for more than 2 months. (Not to mention that any medical cost will be YOURS).

I tried for a month to get my ID Card (they sent a "Welcome email" saying if you don't have access to a printer click this link for customer service. A quick reply via email says you will be contacted within 10 days. After 10 days, no response. Try again, same results. Hmmmmmm, seems to be a pattern). Call my "agent Anthony" - "No problem, I'll send it to you." One week later, he sends email attachment with the 39 page policy (already have that attachment, but no ID Card). Email "agent Anthony"; include all the previous correspondence! I want an ID Card! "Agent Anthony" says he will send me one. Still waiting. Run, don't walk away. Call a Reputable agent; too late for me.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I would stay far away from this place. Robbie at the centennial office is a scam artist. I went in to get insurance for myself. He told me my TOTAL out of pocket for today would be about $250.00...3 days later I check my online banking and found out that I had been charged about $375.00. I called him to ask why I was charged so much and he just blew me off. I cancelled my insurance that day and was told I would receive a 100% refund due to the fact he lied to me. Here we are 30 days later and I still have not received my refund. To make matters worse I was charged again this month from IHC. I still have not received my credit from last month and now I get charged again for insurance I don't even have.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

Wow! I wish there was a 0 star rating. I wish I had seen all of the bad reviews for this company. I purchased health insurance from them 3 months ago but haven't needed the doctor, so I haven't bothered with printing my insurance card. They automatically deduct money out of your account, and it's always under a different name and different amounts, which didn't seem odd to me until now. I had automatic account deduction with Blue Cross, and the same deal with my car insurance so that wasn't odd. The company says they've gone green and won't send insurance cards through the mail in an automated recording. That's fine with me, l like green, until you realize it's all a scam.

They won't provide you with an insurance card after you've paid them their money and you will be directed to email them directly in order to ask for it, and then after you write the letter asking for it, you will get an automated response which says they will respond to you in 10-15 days... WHAT? For a copy of my insurance card? Totally unacceptable!!! When you speak to a live person, (there's only one live person dealing with customer service, the rest just are there to sign you up and take your money) I spoke to her twice after being on hold endlessly, they will re-direct you to that bogus email address again.

You will finally realize you don't have insurance. The nearly $300 a month you've been paying them is gone. It's a scam. They don't give you a card and no doctor takes them or knows who they are. When you go on their website, you will type doctors names and they will come up, claiming to take that insurance, and when you call that doctor they would have never heard of this particular insurance company. Please beware! A complete scam!!! It's a complete waste.

Not one doctor's office in Los Angeles knows who they are and you cannot get them on the phone once they've gotten your money. You will see credentials on websites of doctors but none will confirm they know them. You will get endlessly transferred and a run around. It's total sham and a total scam. Even their automated recordings have mistakes in them which should have been a telltale sign. Incompetent, they are only out to take your money and they don't provide you with any service. This is not a health insurance company. It's a fraud. How do they get away with this? Run the other direction. Evil inside.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I was laid off 3 yrs ago and needed insurance for myself and my family. I contacted an agent and described to him what I wanted and he gave me information to IHC. I thought it was great at first because it was inexpensive and affordable however, after having it for awhile I found out that they do not cover anything and everything is pre-existing. I was also told by IHC that I had to have life insurance from Mutual of Omaha with the insurance as a package deal which later I found out was a lie. I called to find out where I could go to the doctor or if I would be able to continue to see my same primary doctor and the lady on the phone didn't even help me, she just told me to go to the website.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

I called to get information on health insurance. I was sold a policy... after I received it by fax, and saw all the exclusions I canceled (one day later). The agent was so rude and arrogant, he told me to contact 3 separate insurance companies to cancel, when I did I found out that I was sold a "lumpsum Cancer policy!!! Within 2 days money was being taken out of my bank account for a bogus insurance policy that wasn't suppose to start for a month. Do your homework before you get on the phone with this company! Horrible Shysters.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

Unfortunately, I had to purchase interim insurance. Unfortunately, when I called the number on the back of my insurance card (Anthem), they recommended IHC and immediately connected me with an agent. Unfortunately I purchased IHC because it does not cover anything as far as I can tell. The insurance card is not worth the paper it is printed on (which is a small slip of paper you print out yourself). I paid more than $400 per month for insurance and found out that even though it supposedly covers two doctor's visit. It DOES NOT COVER routine doctor's visits or anything related to that visit.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

I planned to take insurance from IHC for only one month i.e., July month. But they tricked the paper documentation to add Autopayment and left no choice to cancel it through call or on-line. Had to do writings to email newpolicyservices@ihcgroup.com to cancel the policy. I had did that but it is an automated email system. I have tried to call to the customer care representative but it is going to voice mail. Sure it is a fraud company. Please refund my money. I want to cancel the insurance immediately and don't want to continue. I was locked completely with their hidden rules.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

On 09/21/2015 I went to my primary care physician, Dr **, for extreme abdominal pain. At that time, she thought I might have GERD and referred me to a specialist, Dr Gastro, for an EGD and a Colonoscopy. The procedures were scheduled 11/18/15 (EGD) and 11/23/15 (Colonoscopy). These two procedures resulted in him diagnosing me with GERD and the removal of several polyps (later revealed as benign) from my colon.

In January 2016 I got notification from IHC that they were denying my claims based on being pre-existing conditions. When I called customer service I asked what the pre-existing conditions were, she told me that since my primary care physician said she thought it was GERD it was pre-existing. Again, this was the PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN. She only determined that the symptoms were symptoms of GERD and referred me to a specialist to confirm. That specialist was Dr Gastro.

Then I asked why they denied my colonoscopy and she said that according to my medical records I was diagnosed with polyps by Dr EarNoseandThroat on January and September of 2015. This is not true because I have not seen Dr EarNoseandThroat since May 2014 and Dr EarNoseandThroat is my ENT. The polyps that I had surgery on in 2012 and 2014 were in my maxillary sinus cavity not in my colon. When I try to explain this to customer service she reiterated that I had to notify the medical review board and file an appeal.

HORRIBLE COMPANY AND THEY DENY EVERYTHING ON PREEXISTING. I have filed an appeal, sent a letter to the Insurance Commissioner and sent a letter to the hospital and clinic AND NOW the hospital's attorney that wants to take out a lien on me for non payment. Great. I think we should all get together and do a class action lawsuit.

IHC Health Solutions Company Information