IHC Health Solutions

Compare Health Insurance Companies

Research top Health Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

If you need insurance for only 6 months (I guess now it's only for 3 months) then this might be an option, but if you need insurance for longer than that then this is not the company for you! Not only will they NEVER notify you when your policy is expiring, they will also supply you with zero written documentation on their policy but rather they will give you a link to print it all out. Their customer service is horrible and don't bother to leave them a message because they will NEVER call you back even though they say they will call you back within the next business day. JUST A HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!

We paid our premiums for the agreed amount of time and then we're told, after 6 months, that we were dropped 6 months prior without any advance notice. One review has mentioned that we should all sue IHC and I AGREE! We are now in debt for tens of thousands of dollars and their phone numbers go to voicemail and their emails bounce back... I have lodged a complaint with the domain company for their website (ihcgroup.com). Also we have reported them to the State of California Insurance Fraud Division. Also their "legal and Compliance" representative claims our coverage was reinstated at the first of the year but there has been nothing paid to any of the Hospitals or Doctors involved...

I bought a policy in January when I lost my old plan. As a college student, this seemed like a good price for what's included. Don't do it! Absolute scam. Terrible customer service and virtually unusable coverage. Several companies now have my info and are asking for payments, although I cancelled within a week. I am still fighting charges from them. At least I know better now. Long story short? Scam! Save your time and money!

Signed up in January and was told several times that routine exams like colonoscopy would most definitely be covered. Asked 4 specific times and each time told yes. Even followed up with an email. Today called day before procedure just to be sure and was told that they would not cover this procedure. Have never received a copy of our policy, getting through to this company is a nightmare. This entire company is a complete and total fraud. They insure nothing and pay nothing. You can even get cheaper prescriptions through good rx than their plan. Please do not sign up with this company. They are a total sham and fraud.

Nefarious business practices. Despite answering all questions accurately and honestly regarding my family's health, I am finding it close to impossible to have claims paid. I have contacted customer service who said there might be a case review to determine if claims were based on a pre-existing condition. GO AHEAD, THEY ARE NOT. Now customer service says they have "flagged" my claims to management for review. What is there to review? I bought and paid for insurance for six months - we had some unexpected medical issues arise in that time, PAY THE DAMN CLAIMS. My daughter is in law school - I am thinking it's time to get some legal advice and letters drafted.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IHC Health Solutions?

I think we all need to file a lawsuit against IHC. I'm now in debt for $35,000.00 in medical bills because of this company. They don't pay ANYTHING!!! They have tons of delay tactics thinking they are trying to help you but in the end they don't care at all. Who's willing to join me in a lawsuit? I was told by the company that the guy that sold me the insurance should have never sold it to me because of pre-existing conditions. So if you've ever had a cold, it's pre-existing so you better not buy it. I'm tired of getting my ass handed to me by loser companies like this one that just want your money for nothing in return. If any lawyers out there want to contact me, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't believe this company should get away with what they are doing to the consumers.

This company is the worst ever. The phone numbers in the identification card don't work. Always busy. If you have a emergency, be ready to drop dead. The only answer you will get is "leave a message and we'll call you in 48 hours". They quicker to take your money. They don't deserve the one star.

Do not buy it. We moved to USA and we needed a short term insurance. We got it here and then we had to go to the doctor with our youngest daughter, and they ended up not paying even our bills, and despite we had an insurance with them. Tons of letters and phone-calls did not help. In the end we gave up and just paid the bill!

Basically they changed a policy, told my dentist office I did not have coverage however have continued to charge me for months. No response to the "policy services" email or voice mails you must leave.

This company has the worst customer service and does not pay the claims. I have given the information they requested several times and they still have not paid the claim. I do not recommend them ever.

Don't waste you money. I purchase this insurance because I needed something to carry me over. I had an accident which sent me to the ER for further test. No overnight stay just a few test. They have not paid a penny on that bill. They keep asking for more information which is just a delaying tactic. In December I was contacted by a representative to renew my policy. Well of course my application was denied. They will keep you insured until something happens and then they will refuse to pay. So my advice to people is to look for something else. Because with this insurance company you're wasting your money, you might as well give it to the mob. You will get better protection.

They are quick to take your money. I enrolled and should have known the cost was too good to be true. After reading fine print and realizing that the plan does not meet Obamacare requirements and I can still be fined, I cancelled the next day. Customer service stated I would receive refund LATE December. Still waiting. I plan on contacting anyone and everyone to get my money back!

I took a policy out for one month to hold me over until my normal policy with BCBS took effect the following month. The IHC Group continued to bill my credit card for an additional 5 months, and said I had taken out a six month policy. I sent them proof of my normal policy that was up to date and active the following month and I have still not seen the reimbursement for the additional five months.

Find another "outfit". I found their site from a link on a site of a well known National Carrier (made me think it was legit). Does this policy meet needs for ACA? (nope; not if it doesn't cover pre-existing conditions; i.e.: not "creditable"). If "NO", then you will pay a penalty, per conditions of ACA if it is for more than 2 months. (Not to mention that any medical cost will be YOURS).

I tried for a month to get my ID Card (they sent a "Welcome email" saying if you don't have access to a printer click this link for customer service. A quick reply via email says you will be contacted within 10 days. After 10 days, no response. Try again, same results. Hmmmmmm, seems to be a pattern). Call my "agent Anthony" - "No problem, I'll send it to you." One week later, he sends email attachment with the 39 page policy (already have that attachment, but no ID Card). Email "agent Anthony"; include all the previous correspondence! I want an ID Card! "Agent Anthony" says he will send me one. Still waiting. Run, don't walk away. Call a Reputable agent; too late for me.

I would stay far away from this place. Robbie at the centennial office is a scam artist. I went in to get insurance for myself. He told me my TOTAL out of pocket for today would be about $250.00...3 days later I check my online banking and found out that I had been charged about $375.00. I called him to ask why I was charged so much and he just blew me off. I cancelled my insurance that day and was told I would receive a 100% refund due to the fact he lied to me. Here we are 30 days later and I still have not received my refund. To make matters worse I was charged again this month from IHC. I still have not received my credit from last month and now I get charged again for insurance I don't even have.

Wow! I wish there was a 0 star rating. I wish I had seen all of the bad reviews for this company. I purchased health insurance from them 3 months ago but haven't needed the doctor, so I haven't bothered with printing my insurance card. They automatically deduct money out of your account, and it's always under a different name and different amounts, which didn't seem odd to me until now. I had automatic account deduction with Blue Cross, and the same deal with my car insurance so that wasn't odd. The company says they've gone green and won't send insurance cards through the mail in an automated recording. That's fine with me, l like green, until you realize it's all a scam.

They won't provide you with an insurance card after you've paid them their money and you will be directed to email them directly in order to ask for it, and then after you write the letter asking for it, you will get an automated response which says they will respond to you in 10-15 days... WHAT? For a copy of my insurance card? Totally unacceptable!!! When you speak to a live person, (there's only one live person dealing with customer service, the rest just are there to sign you up and take your money) I spoke to her twice after being on hold endlessly, they will re-direct you to that bogus email address again.

You will finally realize you don't have insurance. The nearly $300 a month you've been paying them is gone. It's a scam. They don't give you a card and no doctor takes them or knows who they are. When you go on their website, you will type doctors names and they will come up, claiming to take that insurance, and when you call that doctor they would have never heard of this particular insurance company. Please beware! A complete scam!!! It's a complete waste.

Not one doctor's office in Los Angeles knows who they are and you cannot get them on the phone once they've gotten your money. You will see credentials on websites of doctors but none will confirm they know them. You will get endlessly transferred and a run around. It's total sham and a total scam. Even their automated recordings have mistakes in them which should have been a telltale sign. Incompetent, they are only out to take your money and they don't provide you with any service. This is not a health insurance company. It's a fraud. How do they get away with this? Run the other direction. Evil inside.

I was laid off 3 yrs ago and needed insurance for myself and my family. I contacted an agent and described to him what I wanted and he gave me information to IHC. I thought it was great at first because it was inexpensive and affordable however, after having it for awhile I found out that they do not cover anything and everything is pre-existing. I was also told by IHC that I had to have life insurance from Mutual of Omaha with the insurance as a package deal which later I found out was a lie. I called to find out where I could go to the doctor or if I would be able to continue to see my same primary doctor and the lady on the phone didn't even help me, she just told me to go to the website.

I called to get information on health insurance. I was sold a policy... after I received it by fax, and saw all the exclusions I canceled (one day later). The agent was so rude and arrogant, he told me to contact 3 separate insurance companies to cancel, when I did I found out that I was sold a "lumpsum Cancer policy!!! Within 2 days money was being taken out of my bank account for a bogus insurance policy that wasn't suppose to start for a month. Do your homework before you get on the phone with this company! Horrible Shysters.

Unfortunately, I had to purchase interim insurance. Unfortunately, when I called the number on the back of my insurance card (Anthem), they recommended IHC and immediately connected me with an agent. Unfortunately I purchased IHC because it does not cover anything as far as I can tell. The insurance card is not worth the paper it is printed on (which is a small slip of paper you print out yourself). I paid more than $400 per month for insurance and found out that even though it supposedly covers two doctor's visit. It DOES NOT COVER routine doctor's visits or anything related to that visit.

I planned to take insurance from IHC for only one month i.e., July month. But they tricked the paper documentation to add Autopayment and left no choice to cancel it through call or on-line. Had to do writings to email newpolicyservices@ihcgroup.com to cancel the policy. I had did that but it is an automated email system. I have tried to call to the customer care representative but it is going to voice mail. Sure it is a fraud company. Please refund my money. I want to cancel the insurance immediately and don't want to continue. I was locked completely with their hidden rules.

On 09/21/2015 I went to my primary care physician, Dr **, for extreme abdominal pain. At that time, she thought I might have GERD and referred me to a specialist, Dr Gastro, for an EGD and a Colonoscopy. The procedures were scheduled 11/18/15 (EGD) and 11/23/15 (Colonoscopy). These two procedures resulted in him diagnosing me with GERD and the removal of several polyps (later revealed as benign) from my colon.

In January 2016 I got notification from IHC that they were denying my claims based on being pre-existing conditions. When I called customer service I asked what the pre-existing conditions were, she told me that since my primary care physician said she thought it was GERD it was pre-existing. Again, this was the PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN. She only determined that the symptoms were symptoms of GERD and referred me to a specialist to confirm. That specialist was Dr Gastro.

Then I asked why they denied my colonoscopy and she said that according to my medical records I was diagnosed with polyps by Dr EarNoseandThroat on January and September of 2015. This is not true because I have not seen Dr EarNoseandThroat since May 2014 and Dr EarNoseandThroat is my ENT. The polyps that I had surgery on in 2012 and 2014 were in my maxillary sinus cavity not in my colon. When I try to explain this to customer service she reiterated that I had to notify the medical review board and file an appeal.

HORRIBLE COMPANY AND THEY DENY EVERYTHING ON PREEXISTING. I have filed an appeal, sent a letter to the Insurance Commissioner and sent a letter to the hospital and clinic AND NOW the hospital's attorney that wants to take out a lien on me for non payment. Great. I think we should all get together and do a class action lawsuit.

Very difficult to get claims from my unexpected hospital stay and follow ups with my physician paid by this company. They say I had a pre existing condition so they won't pay. This is a short term policy which needs to be re applied for every 6 months which I just re applied for and got rejected because of the previous claims. What!? I am 63 yrs of age and this was my first hospitalization and the 1st time I ever had this medical emergency. Now I am being denied. I am so upset I will probably end back up in the hospital due to stress from this situation. Never go through IHC. Where do I go from here? What do I do?

I wish I would have read these reviews before signing up with IHC Solutions. It sounds like they have a history of trying to find a "pre-existing condition" so they don't have to pay medical bills. I had a very serious unexpected medical condition arise. Not only is stressful to be in a hospital, but now to worry about this insurance balking on paying anything!!! They are requesting 5 years of all medical services to determine if my condition was pre-existing! I am very disappointed in the service I have received. It's next to impossible to get anyone on the phone and even when you leave a message. It's rare to get a callback. To anyone out there: Do your homework before signing up with IHC.

Before you decide to buy this insurance, just dump 2000.00 in the toilet and flush, because that's exactly what happens... My husband died in Feb 2015, I was left without insurance, I'm very healthy and only got the policy for preventative care... i.e. Colonoscopy, Mamo, Yearly physical. After faithfully paying all premiums on time, was told I was approved for all procedures... Ha...You have to be accepted, not approved... Bottom line. I am on a fixed income after the death of my husband and I have been billed a total of $1355.74. Just to be told... (thank you God) that I'm in perfect health. ** IHC HEALTH SOLUTIONS. I someday hope you need insurance.

30 days after I paid them almost $400.00 this company do not sending to my a health insurance card or a company book to now if my Dr were in their network or not, so I do not recommend this insurance company.

I received a letter from IHC claiming my Life Insurance coverage will run out if I do not pay my claim because my payment info did not go through and I must pay immediately to keep my insurance. It is true that my last payment to ACA did not go through because of this issue but what is not true is that I've never had IHC life insurance! I got 2 notifications in the mail the same day, one from IHC and one from ACA. So somehow they get this information and try to capitalize on it by sending out fake letters to try to get you to sign up for their insurance for the first time disguising it as if you have been paying the whole time. It looks official and I just bought a home so there's been a lot of things I've had to sign up for and do recently. On a more tired day I just may have paid it without knowing. I just think it's kind of despicable that they can so easily be tied to ACA and real government info.

Because of the affordable care act (ACA) requiring insurance to avoid paying a penalty, I took out a short term insurance with IHC Health Solutions until the next open enrollment. While this company offers the bare minimum, and was a struggle from beginning to end, I was covered by them for 5 months. The problem here is that neither IHCs website or ACA website tells you that "relying on short-term coverage for more than two months would result in a penalty being assessed." This company is taking advantage of those who pay longer than 2 months (thinking they'll avoid a penalty) by not making a clear statement of this on their website. Horrible company.

Dec 2015 we purchased health insurance through a agent (Infinity HealthCare and life). We were provided agent with CC info for monthly billing. Dec charges applied. Jan 10 I received a cancel letter for nonpayment. I contact our agent here, affirmed our CC info and replied it was a computer glitch. Feb again the same thing. Again I was assured we were covered, Feb 18 I went to Doctor. March 3 I received a statement from IHC Solution regarding processing my claim. On March 15, I received a email from our agent with complete health care coverage information and cards.

On march 23 my husband entered the hospital with pneumonia and a blocked intestine only to be told by hospital we are not covered. I have called the agent with no response. I called IHC to be told that charges were denied by my CC. I called my CC and no charges were ever denied. And IHC cannot comment on why I have received now 2 notices about processing my previous office visit - and yet they deny to our hospital that we are insured. I am waiting results if my husband has cancer. I have contacted an attorney regarding this matter...

Because of the ObamaCare law of insurance being required to avoid paying a penalty, I took out a short term insurance with IHC Health Solutions until open enrollment for ObamaCare. I took out the policy in March 2015. Since I had insurance, I scheduled an appt for April for just a routine health exam complete with mammogram and pap test. I was sent to the hospital for more testing, and found out in May 2015 that I had stage 4 breast cancer. Had multiple testing done and in July 2015, I started 6 rounds of aggressive chemo treatments.

All claims were submitted to IHC and after 8 months they denied everything claiming it was pre-existing. It had been 10 or more years that I had seen a doctor for ANYTHING and they have all my medical records to prove this was not pre-existing. Now not only do I have breast cancer, but $500,000 worth of medical bills that a portion should have been paid by them. This company is a total scam and needs to be stopped ruining people's lives.

Nov 7, 2015, called Blue Cross, Blue Shield the number from a postcard I received several times in the mail. They connected me to an agent named, Omar **. Omar said he could not start me on Blue Shield until Dec. 1, 2015. I asked him about an ethical, short term insurance provider? He said he would send me an email link to a short term insurance plan, until he could start me on Blue Shield, Dec. 1, 2015. He reiterated his friend could provide the plan and Omar would not benefit. I told Omar I was moving from Colorado, back to Northern CA to consider when considering health plans. I filled out the online form and he called me later to say I'd been accepted and he charged my credit card. Instead of joining Blue Shield with Omar, I joined Blue Shield with an agent in N. CA, in the County I was moving to.

In Dec. I received my credit card statement and two months of IHC insurance were charged. I called my credit card company, which placed a three way call to IHC. The rude IHC employee name Peggy, took notes regarding my situation and said nothing could be done to cancel the insurance unless I sent an email to a certain email address at IHC, and provided certain information. I read the email instructions back to Peggy, IHC. I sent an email to IHC and did not receive a response. I received a bill for the next month because the credit card company had frozen IHC, from billing my credit card. Then I received a bill for another month. I called IHC and the voice message said to leave a message. I placed another call to try to cancel the policy, line which went to nowhere, and another voice mail said leave your number and they will call, would call back, then hung up on me.

Looking at Consumer Reports the 16 complaints had somewhat similar problems, communication, rude agents, not be able to speak to someone they could understand, making a claim which was refuted for the grounds of pre-existing which is now illegal with the Affordable Care Act, not responding to questions or claims but took their money, told a customer to file a complaint and It was never responded, denied coverage of emergency surgery, customer was billed who never signed up and no refund, paid bills then reversed the payment.

IHC Health Solutions Company Profile