IHC Health Solutions

Compare Health Insurance Companies

Research top Health Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I called to get information on health insurance. I was sold a policy... after I received it by fax, and saw all the exclusions I canceled (one day later). The agent was so rude and arrogant, he told me to contact 3 separate insurance companies to cancel, when I did I found out that I was sold a "lumpsum Cancer policy!!! Within 2 days money was being taken out of my bank account for a bogus insurance policy that wasn't suppose to start for a month. Do your homework before you get on the phone with this company! Horrible Shysters.

Unfortunately, I had to purchase interim insurance. Unfortunately, when I called the number on the back of my insurance card (Anthem), they recommended IHC and immediately connected me with an agent. Unfortunately I purchased IHC because it does not cover anything as far as I can tell. The insurance card is not worth the paper it is printed on (which is a small slip of paper you print out yourself). I paid more than $400 per month for insurance and found out that even though it supposedly covers two doctor's visit. It DOES NOT COVER routine doctor's visits or anything related to that visit.

I planned to take insurance from IHC for only one month i.e., July month. But they tricked the paper documentation to add Autopayment and left no choice to cancel it through call or on-line. Had to do writings to email newpolicyservices@ihcgroup.com to cancel the policy. I had did that but it is an automated email system. I have tried to call to the customer care representative but it is going to voice mail. Sure it is a fraud company. Please refund my money. I want to cancel the insurance immediately and don't want to continue. I was locked completely with their hidden rules.

On 09/21/2015 I went to my primary care physician, Dr **, for extreme abdominal pain. At that time, she thought I might have GERD and referred me to a specialist, Dr Gastro, for an EGD and a Colonoscopy. The procedures were scheduled 11/18/15 (EGD) and 11/23/15 (Colonoscopy). These two procedures resulted in him diagnosing me with GERD and the removal of several polyps (later revealed as benign) from my colon.

In January 2016 I got notification from IHC that they were denying my claims based on being pre-existing conditions. When I called customer service I asked what the pre-existing conditions were, she told me that since my primary care physician said she thought it was GERD it was pre-existing. Again, this was the PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN. She only determined that the symptoms were symptoms of GERD and referred me to a specialist to confirm. That specialist was Dr Gastro.

Then I asked why they denied my colonoscopy and she said that according to my medical records I was diagnosed with polyps by Dr EarNoseandThroat on January and September of 2015. This is not true because I have not seen Dr EarNoseandThroat since May 2014 and Dr EarNoseandThroat is my ENT. The polyps that I had surgery on in 2012 and 2014 were in my maxillary sinus cavity not in my colon. When I try to explain this to customer service she reiterated that I had to notify the medical review board and file an appeal.

HORRIBLE COMPANY AND THEY DENY EVERYTHING ON PREEXISTING. I have filed an appeal, sent a letter to the Insurance Commissioner and sent a letter to the hospital and clinic AND NOW the hospital's attorney that wants to take out a lien on me for non payment. Great. I think we should all get together and do a class action lawsuit.

Very difficult to get claims from my unexpected hospital stay and follow ups with my physician paid by this company. They say I had a pre existing condition so they won't pay. This is a short term policy which needs to be re applied for every 6 months which I just re applied for and got rejected because of the previous claims. What!? I am 63 yrs of age and this was my first hospitalization and the 1st time I ever had this medical emergency. Now I am being denied. I am so upset I will probably end back up in the hospital due to stress from this situation. Never go through IHC. Where do I go from here? What do I do?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IHC Health Solutions?

I wish I would have read these reviews before signing up with IHC Solutions. It sounds like they have a history of trying to find a "pre-existing condition" so they don't have to pay medical bills. I had a very serious unexpected medical condition arise. Not only is stressful to be in a hospital, but now to worry about this insurance balking on paying anything!!! They are requesting 5 years of all medical services to determine if my condition was pre-existing! I am very disappointed in the service I have received. It's next to impossible to get anyone on the phone and even when you leave a message. It's rare to get a callback. To anyone out there: Do your homework before signing up with IHC.

Before you decide to buy this insurance, just dump 2000.00 in the toilet and flush, because that's exactly what happens... My husband died in Feb 2015, I was left without insurance, I'm very healthy and only got the policy for preventative care... i.e. Colonoscopy, Mamo, Yearly physical. After faithfully paying all premiums on time, was told I was approved for all procedures... Ha...You have to be accepted, not approved... Bottom line. I am on a fixed income after the death of my husband and I have been billed a total of $1355.74. Just to be told... (thank you God) that I'm in perfect health. ** IHC HEALTH SOLUTIONS. I someday hope you need insurance.

30 days after I paid them almost $400.00 this company do not sending to my a health insurance card or a company book to now if my Dr were in their network or not, so I do not recommend this insurance company.

I received a letter from IHC claiming my Life Insurance coverage will run out if I do not pay my claim because my payment info did not go through and I must pay immediately to keep my insurance. It is true that my last payment to ACA did not go through because of this issue but what is not true is that I've never had IHC life insurance! I got 2 notifications in the mail the same day, one from IHC and one from ACA. So somehow they get this information and try to capitalize on it by sending out fake letters to try to get you to sign up for their insurance for the first time disguising it as if you have been paying the whole time. It looks official and I just bought a home so there's been a lot of things I've had to sign up for and do recently. On a more tired day I just may have paid it without knowing. I just think it's kind of despicable that they can so easily be tied to ACA and real government info.

Because of the affordable care act (ACA) requiring insurance to avoid paying a penalty, I took out a short term insurance with IHC Health Solutions until the next open enrollment. While this company offers the bare minimum, and was a struggle from beginning to end, I was covered by them for 5 months. The problem here is that neither IHCs website or ACA website tells you that "relying on short-term coverage for more than two months would result in a penalty being assessed." This company is taking advantage of those who pay longer than 2 months (thinking they'll avoid a penalty) by not making a clear statement of this on their website. Horrible company.

Dec 2015 we purchased health insurance through a agent (Infinity HealthCare and life). We were provided agent with CC info for monthly billing. Dec charges applied. Jan 10 I received a cancel letter for nonpayment. I contact our agent here, affirmed our CC info and replied it was a computer glitch. Feb again the same thing. Again I was assured we were covered, Feb 18 I went to Doctor. March 3 I received a statement from IHC Solution regarding processing my claim. On March 15, I received a email from our agent with complete health care coverage information and cards.

On march 23 my husband entered the hospital with pneumonia and a blocked intestine only to be told by hospital we are not covered. I have called the agent with no response. I called IHC to be told that charges were denied by my CC. I called my CC and no charges were ever denied. And IHC cannot comment on why I have received now 2 notices about processing my previous office visit - and yet they deny to our hospital that we are insured. I am waiting results if my husband has cancer. I have contacted an attorney regarding this matter...

Because of the ObamaCare law of insurance being required to avoid paying a penalty, I took out a short term insurance with IHC Health Solutions until open enrollment for ObamaCare. I took out the policy in March 2015. Since I had insurance, I scheduled an appt for April for just a routine health exam complete with mammogram and pap test. I was sent to the hospital for more testing, and found out in May 2015 that I had stage 4 breast cancer. Had multiple testing done and in July 2015, I started 6 rounds of aggressive chemo treatments.

All claims were submitted to IHC and after 8 months they denied everything claiming it was pre-existing. It had been 10 or more years that I had seen a doctor for ANYTHING and they have all my medical records to prove this was not pre-existing. Now not only do I have breast cancer, but $500,000 worth of medical bills that a portion should have been paid by them. This company is a total scam and needs to be stopped ruining people's lives.

Nov 7, 2015, called Blue Cross, Blue Shield the number from a postcard I received several times in the mail. They connected me to an agent named, Omar **. Omar said he could not start me on Blue Shield until Dec. 1, 2015. I asked him about an ethical, short term insurance provider? He said he would send me an email link to a short term insurance plan, until he could start me on Blue Shield, Dec. 1, 2015. He reiterated his friend could provide the plan and Omar would not benefit. I told Omar I was moving from Colorado, back to Northern CA to consider when considering health plans. I filled out the online form and he called me later to say I'd been accepted and he charged my credit card. Instead of joining Blue Shield with Omar, I joined Blue Shield with an agent in N. CA, in the County I was moving to.

In Dec. I received my credit card statement and two months of IHC insurance were charged. I called my credit card company, which placed a three way call to IHC. The rude IHC employee name Peggy, took notes regarding my situation and said nothing could be done to cancel the insurance unless I sent an email to a certain email address at IHC, and provided certain information. I read the email instructions back to Peggy, IHC. I sent an email to IHC and did not receive a response. I received a bill for the next month because the credit card company had frozen IHC, from billing my credit card. Then I received a bill for another month. I called IHC and the voice message said to leave a message. I placed another call to try to cancel the policy, line which went to nowhere, and another voice mail said leave your number and they will call, would call back, then hung up on me.

Looking at Consumer Reports the 16 complaints had somewhat similar problems, communication, rude agents, not be able to speak to someone they could understand, making a claim which was refuted for the grounds of pre-existing which is now illegal with the Affordable Care Act, not responding to questions or claims but took their money, told a customer to file a complaint and It was never responded, denied coverage of emergency surgery, customer was billed who never signed up and no refund, paid bills then reversed the payment.

I did my health insurance with this company over the phone and billed me twice within a two week period. I tried removing my spouse from policy because he has coverage and they removed him and adjusted the policy. I sent emails in writing with all of this information and the company never followed through. I wouldn't recommend this insurance company to anyone. Horrible service and they take your money and provide you with nothing.

Over the past 6 years we have been paying on what I thought was either a life insurance policy on my wife or one of our children. We are changing banks and when I came across this automatic Debit and called the 800 at IHC, they told me this was actually a Dental Plan! We have a family dental plan and I asked them if they ever sent us anything in the mail, Dental Cards, etc. They said they did, but we never received anything!! I have asked them to please send over our authorization for this account and they said it will most likely take one day to respond. I also asked them if there was any activity on our account, office visits, payouts, etc. She told me that there has never been any activity on this account, and that it is not their policy to even follow up or question why. Of course not, you are scamming another unsuspecting family.

I am going to fight, fight and fight these folks to get ALL of our money back from the 6 years of withholding, no matter what they say. They will spend a considerable amount more $$ in defending themselves than the actual money premiums lost by our family. It appears that this is a common theme with this company and perhaps it might be a good candidate for a class action lawsuit.

I have not received not one thing in mail or email about my account etc. No cards no nothing. Try to call over and over no answer. Message says they are closed or on phone. They sure were open to take my money a month ago. I was scammed in a big way!!! I don't have nothing but a bill.

I was contacted via email by Shanta ** who stated she reviewed my resume on indeed.com in regards to health insurance experience for work at home. She advised me to contact her for an interview. I contacted her for a interview which was done on the Internet. She advised me of the company IHC group and advised my job description and duties. She asked a series of question just like an interview. She then proceeded to stated I got the job, I will be meeting with someone in person to finish paperwork. She also stated I will be receiving a check via mail to purchase work equipment.

Check was sent from Watson ** (training supervisor) for IHC group. However never receive the check. The USPS held the letter for fraud. However this was not updated on the tracking number for over 2 weeks. Once I found out my account was closed for fraudulent activity. Please be aware of work at home scams from these people and anyone. If you cannot go on site for an interview or fly to their nearest location and the company expense for training do not believe it. These people make it hard for people who want a honest living to find a good job. I have my bachelors. All I wanted was a job in my career choice. This make me want to settle for the minimum because I know it is secure.

I went to a doctor for hot flashes! They denied the claim as pre-existing! I guess every female then has a pre-existing condition!!! What a joke of a carrier!!! Save your MONEY. Find a DIFFERENT CARRIER!!!

When I signed up for this health plan, the gentleman on the phone sounded sincere and knew what he was talking about. He helped me understand what was going on, and I felt safe and secure in the coverage that should have been provided. The documents I received in the mail looked legitimate, as well, which helped increase my sense of security.

That sense of security was utterly shattered the first time I went to the doctor. My deductible wasn't anywhere near what I was quoted. The dental and vision coverage I was guaranteed were simply non-existent. My prescription coverage card turned out to be a VOUCHER, and not even actual insurance! I ought to write to the FBI instead of ConsumerAffairs.

The brokerage I got my plan from took it upon themselves to change what I wanted. When I call IHC they said I could file a complaint, and that was the last I heard from them. Every time I call them, I get sent to someone's voicemail and they never called me back. What a joke. Yes $13000 joke.

I was misled right from the beginning. The agency I purchased the policy from stated that her dad had the same policy and his medical bills (hospital, doctors, etc.) were always taken care of promptly and completely. Not true (at least for me). After a gall bladder surgery, they claimed it was a preexisting condition (it wasn't and we had to hire an attorney to deal with them). They agreed it wasn't preexisting and then claimed that something else was preexisting (the attorney also had to deal with that). To this day they have not paid the bills that should have been pain and we are left with a $16,000+ bill. Be so careful if you deal with this company. It's not worth it to do business with them. We are so stuck.

I went online to get health insurance and I came across a company that sold health insurance policies called Insurance Academy. They told me that I should receive my policy information via e-mail and a packet in the mail. I waited several days and never received the information, so I called Insurance Academy and I was told that I would get the information from IHC Group the provider of the healthcare plan. Originally the Insurance Academy told me they would provide me with the information and now it is out of their hands and I have to contact IHC. I became leery at this point and found some unfavorable reviews on Insurance Academy and The IHC Group. Your website finalized my suspicion and I will attempt to cancel my health insurance policy with them.

My brother purchased a six month temporary policy from IHC. They approved surgery for him from UCLA. Following the surgery they did a "review" and decided that he had a pre-existing condition, denied his claim and left him with thousands of dollars of debt. This is despite the affordable care act which bars denial of claims for pre-existing conditions.

Kendall (rep) and Athena (manager) are the rudest people I've encountered in a very long time. After several attempts with Kendall to locate my account by my name, my kids' name, and the amount of the transaction, I asked is there ANY other way to find this charge and cancel the billing. I was told flat out NO by Kendall. I asked to be escalated to a manager to get this resolved once and for all and was sent to a voicemail. I called back again, sent to voicemail. I asked for an address to write management so they know how their customers and being treated when asking for support and again got nowhere with Kendall. I got a call back from Athena about an hour later and she's like "yea, I listened to your call and I checked the system and I can't find you either so how can I help you ma'am..." She came on this phone with animosity towards me without hearing my side of the story. I said, "excuse me, you're being one sided right. First off, I need an address or email when I can send a complaint about the treatment from Kendall."

Long story short she blamed me for Kendall not taking extra steps to handle my inquiry. I found out that she could've looked up my account by my ssn but she didn't bother to ask and told me there's no additional options. When I asked about sending the complaint she said "you can send your little letter".... (basically she knows she won't be reprimanded for her poor excuse of support), I kept having to say hello because she kept muting the phone and taking long pauses to respond (as if I was getting on her nerves) (this was the manager #unbelievable) and long story short she hung up on me 6x and still never pulled up my account to cancel. I said, "Athena did you hang up on me?" She responded, "No, I disconnected the call. We're not helping you!" The whole time I had their service the bill was never late $132.09. This needs to be addressed!

I had taken a short term health insurance policy out with IHC and paid my premiums faithfully. I became deathly ill in July of 2013 and was hospitalized in the ICU, underwent emergency surgery and again was placed in ICU. Upon giving the hospital my insurance information, they came back with some bull crap story I was not qualified for the policy thus, it was canceled and they paid not one cent to this hospitalization. They claim I lied on my application and despite letters from the doctors stating this was not preexisting, they claimed it was and dropped me. How convenient, they don't review the policies they sell until a claim is made and then they come up with some bull story and get away with not a dime out of their pockets. This was so wrong. How is it insurance companies sell policies then claim they don't review them until a claim is made? It gets them out of paying is how.

After having this policy for several years and not having a claim, we thought we would be covered under the common benefits that we signed up for. We had this on draft and we failed to view the policy each year knowing that it would be okay, especially since there was an "inflation cost" increase each year. At the time we finally used the policy, they paid maybe 1/8th of the total of the claim!!! Then, looking at the policy, they say we are not covered the 80% coverage that we first signed up for. I used to sell insurance. Yes I know better, however I felt that IHC was the great company that looks after your interests, right. Isn't that what leads us to use them in the first place! Burned and taught a lesson to be smarter.

IHC deducted money from my account quarterly without my consent. They claim they sent me information that was returned to them because of insufficient address information and sent me one email that wasn't acknowledged by me. They never tried to call or reach me any other way, yet continued to withdraw money from my account knowing I had no product knowledge in hand. When I called, they claimed it was my error for not contacting them sooner and will only refund one quarter to me. Even though they acknowledge that I never received any information or used of their services in anyway. My account was not even registered. I feel I was totally scammed by this company. And to my knowledge never signed up with them on the internet as they claim.

When I call IHC Solutions I get the runaround. My passwords won't work to get into the website to check on status. The Claims dept. has a voice mail that says it will call you back in 48-72 hours. Not acceptable to me. It has been one BIG nightmare!!

We needed Interim Health insurance to cover us while my husband waited 90 days for his insurance to become activated at work. It was $267 per month. I was told that it would be an automatic w/d from checking each month, but the salesperson told me all I had to do is call and it would be cancelled with immediate effect. She didn't mention that if I called after a payment period started that it would be cancelled at the end of that payment period with no prorated refund. I cancelled a few days after a payment was automatically deducted and requested a refund for the unused portion of the month. They said, "No". I appealed, based on the fact that the person who sold me the policy did not mention the "no refund" policy. The response was that it is "clearly" written on PAGE 10 of the policy terms and conditions.

I appealed to the Ethics person, hoping that my naivety in believing the salesperson and not looking closely enough at the 10-page document would be given consideration. The person who said "no" in the first place would not give me a direct connection with Ethics. She said she would forward it. A couple of days later, she wrote back saying that Ethics upheld their original position. She said that if I wanted to appeal it, I should send her another note and she would let them know. This Company obviously lacks transparency. Any Company that truly has good Ethics would make it clear how to make a customer complaint and ensure that I was responded to by someone other than the person whose decision I had an issue with...

I even tried to write to the President of this Company, but my email was sent to this low level supervisor for handling. I know that "legally" the company is not obligated to make a refund, but in the spirit of transparency and open dealings, they could have made an exception on Ethical grounds. Any Company I have worked for in the past would have done so. Unless you are prepared to ignore the highlights that their salespeople provide and study the 10-page document that covers the policy, don't do business with them. They are a legally, not ethically responsible Company.

When we signed up for a health coverage policy, the agent went over each issue. We explained we were okay with a high major medical deductible, but want to only have a co pay of $35.00 for the doctors, lab etc. We signed on. Does it sound reasonable for us to be paying $7,700.00 per year with a $7,500.00 deductible including the doctors visits? This would mean, we would pay out of pocket $15,200 before we even hit the ability to pay a co payment.

I am looking for a rational person to see if this makes sense! The agents just keeps saying "well, that's what you signed for"! The question is not if I signed, the question is: if this amount of payments are correct (for the doctors visit portion), no one would take this policy! Perhaps we have been posted in the system incorrect. For example: At $100 per doctors office visit, we would have to go 75 times in a year to meet this deductible (more than once a week). If this was explained to us, would any rational person buy this policy?

My policy # is **. I have the summary sheet from the agent showing that the deductible on major medical is $75.00, but the doctors office visits has only a $35.00 co pay, yet they have reversed all medical payments to my doctors for general check ups, after they paid them, telling me they should not have paid them because I have not met my deductible.

Can you be of any help? My sales agent sounds like a broken record and has been no help. We have had lab bills and doctor bills reversed by our insurance company after they paid the bills.

IHC Health Solutions Company Profile