Find a Health Insurance partner

Help me decide

1.1/5 (72 ratings)
Find a Health Insurance partner

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About IHC Health Solutions

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

IHC Health Solutions Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IHC Health Solutions?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about IHC Health Solutions?

Original review: July 11, 2021

Nice packages and pricing for gap insurance or short-term insurance. As incredible as it is, there are no doctors I've talked to that accept this and they have no list of doctors or providers that actually accept it. So what you are paying for is a nice package that does nothing.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Over 2 years ago we went to an IHC hospital for pneumonia. Both my wife And 2 year old were given a breathing treatment and we were on our way. Over two years later were STILL getting random bills for more and more money. When asked why they didn’t send us these bills sooner they say they were sent to insurance (we told them we were self pay And requested a statement upfront which the refused to give us) and because it’s now well outside our medical co-ops 90 day period to submit new claims. When you try to ask what the new charges are for they only send random billing “codes”. IHC is a complete joke. We haven’t stepped foot in an IHC hospital since and won’t ever again.

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

For 2 yrs or more, I've paid IHC at $60 a month totalling over $1200 dollars in monthly premiums. If in network, my policy was supposed to be 100pct coverage on preventative maintenance. Ie: cleanings etc. On top of my $60 a month premium I also ended up paying roughly $400 additional out of pocket. My dentist pushed a continued balance and billed me fractionally at each visit instead of informing me they were out of network. The minimal billing led me to believe there was a deductible to be met. Once the balance reached $247 the dentist billed me. I asked if they dropped out of network and they said no. Then they informed me they were never in network. After 3yrs! Both the dentist and IHC pointed fingers at one another. Neither had my family's well being in mind. Both only saw dollar signs.

There is negative value in IHC's insurance. Literally I could have paid out of pocket and saved hundreds!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

A1C is a measure of blood sugar levels over approx. a 3-month time period. Medical "science," so-called makes certain assumptions about having an A1C lab result 6.5 or over. Having a one-time "spike" of A1C measurement DOES NOT make one a diabetic! If one's measurement continues over that level then that is a different matter. But IN ANY CASE, A COMPUTER SHOULD NOT BE MAKING THIS DIAGNOSIS!!! Only your living, breathing, licensed healthcare provider should be making such a diagnosis!

Labeling a person a diabetic can kill insurance, cause denial of government-issued medical certificates (and loss of employment!), and so forth. THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE! If one EVER receives an A1C lab result then IHC's computer system labels them a DIABETIC, displays it to all providers and their assistants, and begins sending automatic computer-generated letters referring to that patient as a diabetic! This is criminal negligence.

IHC has put itself in position where it should be SUED for this MALPRACTICE! To turn overdiagnosis to a computer-controlled system is IRRESPONSIBLE! And to label a patient as diabetic based on one single A1C result (even overlooking the deliberate neglect of bypassing a physician involvement in making the actual diagnosis instead of a computer system) is malicious medical malpractice!!!

Original review: July 30, 2018

I initially had Blue Cross which was costing 1288.31 a month for me and my husband. I searched through AARP and found IHC Health Solutions. Talked to Juvenson ** who found me this policy costing $835.68. My only requirements were that our current doctors accepted this insurance. He did a check on Web MD and found that our doctors accepted this insurance. I canceled Blue Cross and signed up for IHC Health Solutions. A few days later, when I called my husband's doctor, they did not accept this insurance.

So I immediately, canceled this insurance and reinstated Blue Cross. There would be one month, when I was charge for both insurances. Juvenson, assured me if I sent a letter and proof of insurance, I would be refunded for the double payment. It is now July, and I am still waiting to hear back. I have emailed, faxed, mailed multiple times and have not received my refund. Anyone know what else can be done? Please help.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Initially had to lower the benefit of my policy due to financial constraints, but later when I had an ER visit the claims dept handled it quickly, and I did not owe anything. Very highly recommend them.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I got this insurance because an IHC representative came into our office (my company does not offer health care and my husband is self-employed). I was diagnosed with breast cancer in April 2016. All my providers preauthorized treatment, and not only did IHC dictate treatment but also dictated where I went for treatment. Half way through all this they cancelled my insurance stating it was a preexisting condition and after the first appeal, decided it wasn't and reinstated it. They continued to delay payments and to this day still have not paid my providers. I have over 2 million dollars worth of outstanding bills. I have just filled my fifth appeal and will probably ultimately declare bankruptcy. It's such a shame they get away with this!

Original review: May 31, 2018

I needed to find a short term health insurance company after turning 26 and being dropped from my father's insurance. Stumbled upon IHC and have had horrendous experiences all 4 times. They have hung on me, yelled at me, and have gone back and forth on the policy that I have. There is so much confusion with each and every employee I have talked with. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I would rather have no insurance.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I bought insurance for my daughter who is 28 because we can no longer carry her on my husband's employee ins. We are unable to locate a doctor on the east side of Orlando AT ALL, and we have been looking for over a week. When we call the numbers that used to work for IHC, they tell us to call in the morning and we get no answer. We are getting the runaround. I will probably have to cancel this policy at $125 a month (bought out of open enrollment) because it is useless. I am throwing my $$ away and my daughter can't be seen. Save your money.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I took the coverage for Nov & Dec 17 months. I visited Dr. office (Allina clinic) 3 times in that period. IHC explanation of benefit says as per NPPN/PlanCare America I am eligible for a network discount. Allina came back saying that IHC has no agreement with them so they can'y honour any network discount. So they are asking me to pay full money. I felt like for nothing I took the insurance. When I contacted IHC they said I have to talk to Allina!!!

IHC Health Solutions Company Information