Find a Health Insurance partner

Help me decide

3.9/5 (191 ratings)
Find a Health Insurance partner

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About Amerihealth

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Amerihealth Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amerihealth?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amerihealth?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

When you sign up Amerihealth insurance as a couple, only one is allowed to be primary and only primary can cancel. For sending forms and letters they ask for email and you have to respond back by mail. No ethics. Very poor customer service.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

My primary did a referral for the same doctor that does not accept this insurance. I have bad allergies and can't find a doctor close to where I live. Camp Hill and further miles away. This insurance is horrible. The worst I ever had. I definitely would not recommend this company at all. It's hard to get any results when you search online.

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Worst insurance ever. If your kid has special needs this company doesn't care. Completely ruined my kid's summer. I hope the person that denied it loses their job soon. My son has autism, ADHD, pica and they are trying to say he doesn't need a nurse. AmeriHealth doesn't care about kids with disabilities.

Original review: March 16, 2021

First year with this company. Amerihealth website is sucks. Got letter them I'm behind on monthly payment. Went to Amerihealth website and couldn't login because forgot credentials. There no options at all to recover user ID or Password. When I registered with my email website asks me to confirm email by clicking on link they sent me. When I click on link received in email Amerihealth website redirects to "page not found" and recommends me to clean cookies in browser. I did it few times and nothing still work. Resent hundred of links. None of them open and therefore couldn't access my account. When went to pay over phone after 6 PM the automatic system tells me Amerihealth office is closed and hung up. They could at least hire office in India that works 24/7 to process payments or fix their website.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Customer service is the worst. They canceled my prescription during COVID-19. And when I tried to explain my situation. "Oh, sir if you don’t pay there’s nothing that we can do." Unfortunately, I’m stuck with insurance.

Original review: May 4, 2020

While I generally try to avoid going to the doctor, I have been going for my annual wellness visits. Supposedly, an annual wellness visit is covered by insurance as long as all tests are "preventive." When I went for my blood test, I was very specific and asked that they only do preventative tests. Of course, AmeriHealth NJ figures out ways to leave the consumer paying for different things. Even with an appeal, the appeal is being done by AmeriHealth. It is a total scam to steal your money!!! The CEO of this company should be put in jail!!! Avoid this company!!! Avoid doing.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

We had Amerihealthnj last year. In November we switched banks. AHnj didn't bill our new bank then misappropriated our first payment for our new 2020 plan that was sent through the marketplace. They canceled us are now bouncing us between the marketplace and various departments who are all washing their hands. Meanwhile we just got a refund from our plan in 2014, which was more than we'd owed now. Completely outrageous!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I chose this insurance because they had a long list of psychiatrists covered in my area. It turns out to be a scam. It must be ages since they've updated the list, because after spending several hours calling around, ZERO accept this insurance. Or they are no longer available at the listed location. Or the phone number is no longer in service. I think they avoid updating the list because they're legally required to have a minimum amount of doctors available and this fluff makes it look like they reached the minimum. Someone needs to start a class action lawsuit against them.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Hi! I just want to note an excellent customer service experience I had with Charlita ** at AmeriHealth. It's hard dealing with health insurance, and she was a lovely and friendly person who answered all my questions accurately and efficiently. I'm glad to have talked to her! Great customer service!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Ms ** was very helpful to confirm the renewal of our policy for the year 2020. She made sure that All the information was satisfactory and was willing to be of further assistance to find a primary doctor.

Amerihealth Company Information