Call Now Toll Free
Shop on ShortTermHealthInsurance.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.84/5

United Health Care Call Now Toll Free (844) 841-5363 Shop on ShortTermHealthInsurance.com

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now
Call Now Toll Free

United Health Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Health Care?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Health Care?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I was having a full blown panic attack about my daughter insurance as it has taken a LONG time to get it all figured out.. I just want to give a HUGE shoutout to Jackie who answered my call as soon as the phone lines were active and was unbelievably sweet and understanding with me. Thank you Jackie for making my day easier. Amazing customer service.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I absolutely LOVE UHC! I call their customer service line for many patients. Being in the medical field it is important to be prompt for our patients' health. This is the best insurance ever! Hands down! They always answer my questions and concerns. They are very efficient and great customer service. I honestly wish all insurance customer service representatives were like UHC. They have everything organized, coordinated and situated. They always know where to send you and exactly how to answer your questions. UHC you are amazing and the BEST!!

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

My medicare is through United Health Care & the customer service is very good. Few days back, I received a penalty notice from united health care for prescription coverage. I was advised to contact SS & SS told me that no penalty for medicare b hence prescription should not have penalty. Medicare sent a note to united health care on my behalf and advised a time frame of 4 to 6 weeks to get it resolved. Interestingly, united health care case manager Loretta ** called me next day & assured me to resolve it asap. She called me today (third day) & informed me that the case is resolved in my favour. Is it not an awesome service? Thank you Loretta! Thank you united health care!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I had called at least 6 other times in regard to a prescription being denied after being filled through this Insurance for almost 2 years. Unfortunately nobody I spoke to gave me accurate information. I tried one more time because I had to get this prescription filled and time was running out!! I got a customer representative named "Elizabeth" (she was from Ireland, I could tell by her accent). She stayed with me on the phone every step of the way. She took my number so she could call me back if we got disconnected!!! NO ONE HAS EVER DONE THAT BEFORE!!!!

She did a 3 way call to my pharmacy so we could all hear the same things being said and done. She put me on hold and made sure she got the job done! We did another 3 way call to my pharmacy to ensure it would work. She never said it's good call the pharmacy yourself and then have to call back when it didn't work like I had done the previous 6 times!! Take notice of Elizabeth, set yourself apart and do business like she did!! And your success will be a given. Because what Elizabeth did for me is a rarity which should be standard....Thank you Elizabeth you are inspiring!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

Placed online applications for pre-certs for diagnostic procedures. Was blocked from site and can no longer do anything for UHC patients. Called the eviCore website and they constantly hung up on me and said the procedure has been denied. End of issue. Can not prior authorize anything for UHC patients. If you input the information of the patient and the doctor's office and they don't want to talk with you. The system hangs up on you. Meanwhile the patient does without.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

After I was told one of my essential treatments for prostate cancer was pre-approved, United Health Group denied the claim. Testosterone lowering drug, my doctors prescribed, was denied after the injections.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I tried to use my United Healthcare Medicare Advantage for the first time today to get my flu shot. I was turned away at Walmart. They would not accept the United Healthcare card. Even though their web site and benefit documents show they cover flu shots, they apparently do not. The interesting part is that Medicare covers the flu shot, but not United Healthcare Medicare Advantage. I'm not sure how they get away with that.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I am a type II diabetic. As of September 1 UHC said they would no longer cover **, which my doctor says I really need. Instead, they want me to take **. So, first, tried to get last refill of 30 days worth of **. $622, but $122 covered. So generous! $500 for 30 days! Who has that kind of money? I blame Janssen, too. Ridiculous amount of money. So, got my doctor to sent ** prescription. Got a call from the pharmacy saying my prescription is not covered. After 25 minutes on the phone I finally got the rep (Ellen, who was nice, at least) to say the doctor had to come to UHC for pre-approval. Never a mention of that in the letter or the response from the pharmacy. I am recommending that my company go back to to Blue/Blue Shield.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

The providers they list in my account and website either do not exist or are no longer a provider. Living in a town with mostly seniors you would think you could get basic services like a family doctor, dentist and or a Chiropractor. Not even at our Peace Harbor medical center do they have these services for United Health Care: no providers in the network. Spent hours on hold just to be told, "Sorry we no longer have any of those services for your insurance."

In addition my advantage plan I have to pay each month an additional cost besides what they take from my SS check each month. Worthless insurance and worthless company. They also sent me a letter saying to keep me healthy they are offering and encouraging me to have a health provider come to my house for a health check. This letter I received 5 months ago and every time I call after an hour or more hold time they say we do not have a doctor for house calls in your area right now. Horrible the way they lie and rip you off. Do not get AARP United Health Care.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

United Health Care has worst customer service of all major carriers. Call to obtain info on why I was billed for Telehealth visit when law clearly informs Waiver of copayments: simple error to correct. I was put through five (!) calls, not one rep could assist. The pattern: put on hold by rep to to ‘look’ up policy, an automatic hangup after a ten minute wait. Easier to pay the bill. Don’t try calling Grievance Line at 800-624-8822. It isn’t that at all, even though it states as much online. The last rep apologized for others then hung up on me. Here is LAW As stated on Google:

A physician or other practitioner reduces or waives cost-sharing obligations (i.e., coinsurance and deductibles) that a beneficiary may owe for telehealth services furnished consistent with the then-applicable coverage and payment rules. 2. The telehealth services are furnished during the time period subject to the COVID-19 Period. This is terrifying, that no one is trained, or pretends not to know. Maybe the best cost saving measure all around.

United Health Care author review by Joseph Burns

UnitedHealthCare is the largest single health care carrier in the United States. It currently covers approximately 70 million Americans and contributes large amounts of money to medical research every year.

• Lots of options: UnitedHealthCare provides a wide range of plan options for individuals, families and employers.

• Offers Medicaid plans: Low-income consumers may be able to get Medicaid insurance through UnitedHealthCare.

• Offers Medicare Advantage plans: Seniors may be able to get their Medicare insurance through UnitedHealthcare’s Medicare Advantage plans.

by Joseph Burns Health Insurance Contributing Editor

An independent journalist, Joseph Burns is the health insurance topic leader for the Association of Health Care Journalists and contributes to AHCJ’s Covering Health blog. He has also written about health policy and the business of health care for a wide variety of publications, including Healthcare Finance News, Hospitals & Health Networks, Managed Care magazine, Ophthalmology Management, TaxACT.com, and The Dark Report.

United Health Care Company Information