Call Now Toll Free
Shop on ShortTermHealthInsurance.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.35/5

United Health Care Call Now Toll Free (844) 841-5363 Shop on ShortTermHealthInsurance.com

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now
Call Now Toll Free

United Health Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Health Care?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Health Care?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I absolutely LOVE UHC! I call their customer service line for many patients. Being in the medical field it is important to be prompt for our patients' health. This is the best insurance ever! Hands down! They always answer my questions and concerns. They are very efficient and great customer service. I honestly wish all insurance customer service representatives were like UHC. They have everything organized, coordinated and situated. They always know where to send you and exactly how to answer your questions. UHC you are amazing and the BEST!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

My medicare is through United Health Care & the customer service is very good. Few days back, I received a penalty notice from united health care for prescription coverage. I was advised to contact SS & SS told me that no penalty for medicare b hence prescription should not have penalty. Medicare sent a note to united health care on my behalf and advised a time frame of 4 to 6 weeks to get it resolved. Interestingly, united health care case manager Loretta ** called me next day & assured me to resolve it asap. She called me today (third day) & informed me that the case is resolved in my favour. Is it not an awesome service? Thank you Loretta! Thank you united health care!

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I had called at least 6 other times in regard to a prescription being denied after being filled through this Insurance for almost 2 years. Unfortunately nobody I spoke to gave me accurate information. I tried one more time because I had to get this prescription filled and time was running out!! I got a customer representative named "Elizabeth" (she was from Ireland, I could tell by her accent). She stayed with me on the phone every step of the way. She took my number so she could call me back if we got disconnected!!! NO ONE HAS EVER DONE THAT BEFORE!!!!

She did a 3 way call to my pharmacy so we could all hear the same things being said and done. She put me on hold and made sure she got the job done! We did another 3 way call to my pharmacy to ensure it would work. She never said it's good call the pharmacy yourself and then have to call back when it didn't work like I had done the previous 6 times!! Take notice of Elizabeth, set yourself apart and do business like she did!! And your success will be a given. Because what Elizabeth did for me is a rarity which should be standard....Thank you Elizabeth you are inspiring!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

This company is awesome. They go far and beyond to serve you. Rep. Ronald opened my account seen what I needed and even called my Dr. While I was on hold. Info was transferred and approval was done in minutes. I dont know his last name but RONALD was his first name. Very professional. Spoke clear with confidence takes care of business. Very helpful. I've been treated awesome by the employees that I've dealt with. 100% professional people. Being 60 years old I've had quite a few insurances before. United Health Care is by far the best hands down. Thank You very Much.

D. **
    Retired Senior Mastersargent

United States Airforce

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

UHC is the greatest. I have their plan F. I have an immune deficiency condition that is incurable Alpha1 Anti-trypsin deficiency and UHC has shown unbelievable compassion and understanding with regard every aspect of treatment and nursing help. Their patient coordinators are there when needed and are familiar with all aspects of my condition, they make my living much easier and they understand what Alpha-1 does and how difficult it makes my day to day living.

Original review: July 31, 2020

United Health Care offers $50 per quarter of free over-the-counter goods to members. Good idea. Walmart bungles and abuses their handling of the delivery of goods. 1. They change the amount of the product you want to purchase after you submit your order 2. They do not tell you that they will not ship what you asked for if the amounts are then different. 3. If you call them on it, they offer you a credit for something they decide is 'out of stock', but it's only good for a month, and can't be applied to the next quarter's order, even if the amount is too small to buy anything in the catalog during the time the credit is good. Good way to cheat seniors who can't figure any of this out, and offer no help if they call in. Sad. Pathetic, unfortunately typical Walmart.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I have been on the phone with this company in an attempt just to get them to input correct information in their system as to begin date and cancellation date of previous insurance... 5 times in 2 days (after registering and confirming over 4 weeks prior).... 5 reps - 5+ hours, hold times 30-45m+ and reps who cannot answer simple queries, They apparently are incapable of correcting incorrect input by their own reps or in relaying correct information to customers.

They still have our old insurance company listed as an additional insurance source despite signed forms with dates filed by a professional insurance specialist and 2 phone calls at start of coverage to insure prescriptions transferred over from BCBS. I have been unable to get any prescriptions from United - Medicare RX Walgreens plan despite monthly premiums paid because they continue to claim we have alternate insurance. None! The OptumRX part of this company is even worse and less knowledgeable. We have a 30 day trial time, of which 3 weeks have passed with NO service/no prescriptions. We will be switching to ANY other company besides this one. No excuses for such poor and horrible service.

Original review: July 14, 2020

My husband went to a residential treatment (in network) facility for mental health issues and substance use disorder (alcoholism) with the intent on staying for 4 weeks (a typical treatment duration). Based on the professionals' assessments at the facility, they were recommending 6 weeks total. United Behavioral Health denied coverage after 12 days of treatment. We were notified of the denial until several days beyond the 12 days. We ended up paying for the additional 4 weeks out of pocket because he needed the help. Sadly, even with 6 weeks of treatment, the outcome was not good. I would hate to know what it would have been after only 12 days. The United Health People on the phone are very nice, but the powers that be appear to have no heart.

Original review: July 14, 2020

In a world where there are so many checks and balances put in place to verify a patient is the correct patient. It baffles me how erroneous and incoherent United HealthCare is regarding their record keeping of their members. For 5 years my son has always had his middle name on his insurance card. He and his Grandfather share the same first and last name. However, that is where the similarities end. They have different birthdays, different middle names, and obviously different social security numbers. Despite all these differences UHC since March 2020 has been denying my son’s claims stating that he has another insurance. (Coincidentally it's another UHC plan)

If SOMEONE would of fact checked more than “First Name Last Name”, ANYONE I wouldn’t be receiving bill after bill because the claims are being denying. NOBODY would though, I keep calling, filing grievances, getting transferred to the escalation team. Where they all “understand” BUT no one could FIX IT. If a hospital did this and preformed the wrong procedure on a person because they only verified “first name last name” They would be sued. United Healthcare should be held to the same accountability. Short of taking a trip to corporate I have jumped through every hoop and filed every complaint and yet they still have not fixed their error. Now I filed with NYS. HORRIBLE WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR MEMBERS!!!!

Original review: July 8, 2020

Advise no automatic payments with United Healthcare unless you want to contact them due to a problem after the death of your loved one. Try not to die till the end of the month in Arizona because you live in a state with no pro-rated refunds. They say my mother's death was recorded in the system, but the "other department" took another payment the following month. They say they will return it. If not there is always the banking system, the Attorney General, social media, TV news, and letters to AARP magazine.

United Health Care author review by Joseph Burns

UnitedHealthCare is the largest single health care carrier in the United States. It currently covers approximately 70 million Americans and contributes large amounts of money to medical research every year.

• Lots of options: UnitedHealthCare provides a wide range of plan options for individuals, families and employers.

• Offers Medicaid plans: Low-income consumers may be able to get Medicaid insurance through UnitedHealthCare.

• Offers Medicare Advantage plans: Seniors may be able to get their Medicare insurance through UnitedHealthcare’s Medicare Advantage plans.

by Joseph Burns Health Insurance Contributing Editor

An independent journalist, Joseph Burns is the health insurance topic leader for the Association of Health Care Journalists and contributes to AHCJ’s Covering Health blog. He has also written about health policy and the business of health care for a wide variety of publications, including Healthcare Finance News, Hospitals & Health Networks, Managed Care magazine, Ophthalmology Management, TaxACT.com, and The Dark Report.

United Health Care Company Information