Call Now Toll Free
Shop on Health Network
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.46/5

United Health Care Call Now Toll Free (844) 841-5363 Shop on Health Network

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now
Call Now Toll Free

United Health Care Reviews

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I absolutely LOVE UHC! I call their customer service line for many patients. Being in the medical field it is important to be prompt for our patients' health. This is the best insurance ever! Hands down! They always answer my questions and concerns. They are very efficient and great customer service. I honestly wish all insurance customer service representatives were like UHC. They have everything organized, coordinated and situated. They always know where to send you and exactly how to answer your questions. UHC you are amazing and the BEST!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

My medicare is through United Health Care & the customer service is very good. Few days back, I received a penalty notice from united health care for prescription coverage. I was advised to contact SS & SS told me that no penalty for medicare b hence prescription should not have penalty. Medicare sent a note to united health care on my behalf and advised a time frame of 4 to 6 weeks to get it resolved. Interestingly, united health care case manager Loretta ** called me next day & assured me to resolve it asap. She called me today (third day) & informed me that the case is resolved in my favour. Is it not an awesome service? Thank you Loretta! Thank you united health care!

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I had called at least 6 other times in regard to a prescription being denied after being filled through this Insurance for almost 2 years. Unfortunately nobody I spoke to gave me accurate information. I tried one more time because I had to get this prescription filled and time was running out!! I got a customer representative named "Elizabeth" (she was from Ireland, I could tell by her accent). She stayed with me on the phone every step of the way. She took my number so she could call me back if we got disconnected!!! NO ONE HAS EVER DONE THAT BEFORE!!!!

She did a 3 way call to my pharmacy so we could all hear the same things being said and done. She put me on hold and made sure she got the job done! We did another 3 way call to my pharmacy to ensure it would work. She never said it's good call the pharmacy yourself and then have to call back when it didn't work like I had done the previous 6 times!! Take notice of Elizabeth, set yourself apart and do business like she did!! And your success will be a given. Because what Elizabeth did for me is a rarity which should be standard....Thank you Elizabeth you are inspiring!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

This company is awesome. They go far and beyond to serve you. Rep. Ronald opened my account seen what I needed and even called my Dr. While I was on hold. Info was transferred and approval was done in minutes. I dont know his last name but RONALD was his first name. Very professional. Spoke clear with confidence takes care of business. Very helpful. I've been treated awesome by the employees that I've dealt with. 100% professional people. Being 60 years old I've had quite a few insurances before. United Health Care is by far the best hands down. Thank You very Much.

D. **
    Retired Senior Mastersargent

United States Airforce

Original review: June 7, 2019

I LOVE this insurance SO FAR. I have only used it within network providers and have had no issues with service provided. This includes, scheduling appointments, physical or billing. There are various types of insurance provided and I chose the one with vision and dental. The FREE plan is exactly the same with the exception of the above choices. For those additional services I pay a total of $21.20 which is automatically deducted from my social security check. I have NOT used these services to date. I have chosen the 90 day prescription option, which is cheaper than having my scripts filled locally. The doctor DOES call in a month of local amount of meds while the company fills and mails my medicine to me. Cost of the service is NOTHING! I hope this information is helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Health Care?

Resolution response: June 4, 2020

Thank you Mr Wichmann CEO of United Healthcare for giving us back the Houston Methodist Hospitals and their Doctors as in network provider. You have no idea what it mean to me and my health issues. Again, a very appreciative thanks.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I have UHC medical insurance and I live in Houston, Texas. I'm a person who is 64 years old with dietetics, heart issues, stomach issues, high cholesterol, high blood pressures, lower back issues, knee issues, and kidney issues. I had relied for the past 5 to 6 years to keep all my medical issues under control by finding the different specialist and primary care physician at Houston Methodist Hospital.

Every year around October my employer give us selections on the different insurances available to us and ask us to enroll on which ever we believe is best for for us. I as always selected the United Healthcare choice plan, which is the most expensive in cost my employer has. I have made the same choice for the past 9 years. Except that last year after I had enrolled in the same medical benefit, United Healthcare and their CEO David S Witchmann, decided that at years end (December 31, 2019), they would not renew the contract with the Methodist Hospital and their doctors.

The hospital became an out of network provider and with the doctors they have extended their contract a few times, the latest one expiring yesterday 5/31/2020. But even if a procedure was to be needed under the extension period to the doctors, you couldn't have had it, because they would have order it through the hospital which again, was out of network since 12/31/2019.

It is inconceivable the Mr. Witchmann is worried about the bottom line of United Healthcare putting at risk our lives, since we are not able to received treatment for our medical conditions at a first rate hospital, however his rates do go up every year. Shame on United Health care and shame on his leaders. Thank God we live in a free country and given the choice this year, I will not select United Healthcare as my insurance of choice through my employer, and if you live in the Houston area and or Texas, and your employers have United Healthcare as their healthcare insurance I urge you to lobby your human resources department to change it.

Original review: May 31, 2020

The worst insurance ever! I paid for my insurance then got another insurance thinking that it would be fine to cancel UMR student resources. They refused to cancel my insurance!!!! This insurance does not cover anything except a regular visit to a primary doctor ....Please stay away. This is a SCAM!

Original review: May 30, 2020

July 2019 I needed two root canals done. Got my referral approved, used an "in-network" endodontist, went to office and was told the dental division of UHC said I did not have coverage. Paid cash since the pain was unbearable. $2500 out of pocket using a dentist in the network with coverage I have. Put in a claim in August 2019, UHC keeps going around in circles "not referred", to "no coverage" to "out of network".

It's been almost a year of phone calls and nothing being done. 2 weeks ago I called for copy of my case file (in plan docs that I can ask and they have to give), they said, "Ok will send UPS." 2 wks, still not received. I will never use United Health Care again and I am writing this to warn everyone not to waste their money on this company. It is obvious they do not pay their claims and have poor customer service! I am not giving up, and will do what needs to be done to make this right.... I paid for this coverage and have all my documents to prove I did everything by the book!

Original review: May 26, 2020

After multiple years of paying for allergy shoots for our son, UHC decided in October of last year that "allergy shots are not medically necessary" and that basically anything to do with allergy medications or healthcare is junk science. This change occurred in the last quarter of our policy year, so it was a change midstream of coverage. We actually increased our policy in January and they still refuse to pay for allergy shots. The "Doctor" that reviewed whether allergy shots are medically necessary? A plastic surgeon!! How bad of a plastic surgeon do you have to be that you are sitting behind a desk reviewing paperwork?

Original review: May 18, 2020

Absolutely the worst health insurance I've ever dealt with. The whole notion of saving money by using a "preferred" provider is a "bait and switch" sales pitch as far as I can tell. They can't seem to provide accurate information about who my preferred providers are. They frequently bill me inappropriately, so every bill turns into a hassle. I was in accident and spent the night in a hospital. They hospital set me up with some follow-up appointments. Turns out there are no "preferred" providers within a 50 mile radius so I'm stuck paying higher fees, or traveling long distances and experiencing delays getting appointments. It's also a hassle getting referrals from my primary care provider (which United Health Care just dropped) to go see specialists. All and all, everything about United Health Care is a complete hassle and they're still just as expensive as their competitors.

United Health Care author review by Joseph Burns

UnitedHealthCare is the largest single health care carrier in the United States. It currently covers approximately 70 million Americans and contributes large amounts of money to medical research every year.

• Lots of options: UnitedHealthCare provides a wide range of plan options for individuals, families and employers.

• Offers Medicaid plans: Low-income consumers may be able to get Medicaid insurance through UnitedHealthCare.

• Offers Medicare Advantage plans: Seniors may be able to get their Medicare insurance through UnitedHealthcare’s Medicare Advantage plans.

by Joseph Burns Health Insurance Contributing Editor

An independent journalist, Joseph Burns is the health insurance topic leader for the Association of Health Care Journalists and contributes to AHCJ’s Covering Health blog. He has also written about health policy and the business of health care for a wide variety of publications, including Healthcare Finance News, Hospitals & Health Networks, Managed Care magazine, Ophthalmology Management, TaxACT.com, and The Dark Report.

United Health Care Company Information