Find the Best Renters Insurance in Sacramento, CA
Top 9 Sacramento Renters Insurance Companies
|GEICO Renters Insurance||Read 66 Reviews|
GEICO is known for its low-cost insurance options as well as its line of commercials featuring a talking gecko. It offers a variety of comprehensive renters, homeowners and auto insurance policies throughout the United States.
|Farmers Renters Insurance||Read 39 Reviews|
Farmers Insurance is proud of the fact that it first opened its doors just prior to the Great Depression and is still going strong today. It offers a variety of insurance policies, including comprehensive renters' insurance.
|Acceptance Insurance Sacramento||Read Author Review|
Brokers renters insurance policies from a variety of national carriers. Delivers support in both Spanish and English. Helps customers decide how much renters insurance they need and offers supplemental coverage if necessary.
|Allstate Renters Insurance Sacramento||Read Author Review|
Provides instant online quotes. Allows customers to add renters insurance to an auto policy for only $4 more per month. Offers Retiree and claim-free discounts as well as flood insurance and personal umbrella insurance.
|Cost-U-Less Renters Insurance||Read Author Review|
Delivers free renters insurance quotes from various national carriers in less than 3 minutes. Offers customizable policy coverage limits. Provides service in both English and Spanish.
|Eugene C. Yates Insurance Agency||Read Author Review|
Sells renters insurance policies between $20 to $50/month or less. Delivers policies from Travelers, Nationwide, Liberty Mutual, National General Insurance, Progressive, and more.
|Freeway Renters Insurance Sacramento||Read Author Review|
Offers renters insurance from national carriers in Sacramento. Provides services in English and Spanish. Delivers flood and identity-theft policies for renters who want additional coverage.
|McGee & Thielen Insurance Brokers, Inc. Renters Insurance||Read Author Review|
Delivers instant renters insurance quotes from 38 national carriers, including Safeco Insurance, Travelers and Chubb. Gives discounts for burglar alarms and packaging renters insurance with auto or umbrella policies.
|State Farm Renters Insurance Sacramento||Read Author Review|
Offers discounts for policy bundling and home alert protection. Allows customers to file and track claims online or on the mobile app. Provides a supplemental personal articles policy for renters who want additional coverage.
Although it’s a good idea for tenants everywhere to purchase renters insurance, there are a few reasons why residents in Sacramento specifically find themselves at risk for damages. For instance, while Sacramento isn't on an active fault line, the effects could be devastating if a powerful earthquake hit a neighboring city. The shifting ground and ensuing water penetration could cause the soil to liquefy — and buildings in Sacramento would topple as a result. An earthquake policy add-on to your renters insurance would have you covered for this event.
Is renters insurance mandatory in Sacramento, California?
While renters insurance isn’t required in the state of California, it’s still legal for landlords to demand you purchase a policy when you sign your lease. Even if not obligated to, we suggest Sacramento tenants always carry renters insurance to insure their valuables against theft, fire and smoke damage, and other occurrences that need liability coverage.
Choosing a Sacramento renters insurance company
Consider following these steps to select the best renters insurance in California:
- Assess how much personal property and liability protection you need, and what deductible fits within your budget and risk profile. Many insurance companies have personal property estimation tools to give you a sense of the value of your belongings.
- Get quotes by using the same coverage limits and deductible levels. This allows you to compare policies more effectively.
- Read the fine print and narrow down your list based on who has the top policies that still fit within your budget.
- Get a better sense of the company by talking to friends and family. Read online reviews, notice how well claims are handled and speak to the company’s insurance agents to gauge their responsiveness and get a feel for the company’s overall reputation.
Renters insurance cost in Sacramento
Renters insurance in Sacramento costs around $20 per month or $237 per year for $30,000 in personal property coverage. Insurance in Sactown is 8% higher than the average cost of renters insurance in California, which is $220 per year for the same amount of coverage. Unlike most other states, your credit scores don't impact your premium. However, factors that do affect price include:
- Deductible amount
- Personal property and liability coverage limits
- Type of residence and building materials
Renters insurance discounts in Sacramento
Different agencies offer different savings options, but the following discounts are the most frequently offered in the city for cheap renters insurance in Sacramento:
- AAA discounts
- Bundling car and renters insurance policies
- Having security devices in your home like smoke detectors and burglar alarms
- Claim-free discounts
- Senior citizen’s discounts
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Sacramento renters insurance company information
Freeway Insurance provides cheap renters insurance premiums and free quotes from a variety of national carriers. Freeway’s local agents deliver a wide range of coverage options for renters, which include traditional renters coverage and flood and identity-theft policies. Freeway delivers service in both English and Spanish.
- Website: freewayinsurance.com/office-locator/freeway-insurance-sacramento-ca-95834
- Address: 3810 Truxel Road, Ste. 250, Sacramento, CA 95834
- Phone number: (916) 930-6784
- Hours of operation: M - F: 9am - 7pm; Sat: 9am - 5pm
Cost-U-Less Insurance saves you time by comparing renters insurance policies to find the best coverage at the most affordable price. Online quotes are delivered in just 3 minutes. Standard policies give you financial and liability protection if your property is destroyed or someone is injured while on your premises. Agents speak English and Spanish for your convenience.
- Website: costulessdirect.com/resources/locations/Elk-Grove-95758
- Address: 8451 Elk Grove Blvd., Ste. 11, Elk Grove, CA, 95758
- Phone number: (916) 546-9825
- Hours of operation: M - F: 9am - 7pm; Sat: 9am - 5pm
In business for over 73 years, Eugene C. Yates Insurance Agency has the experience and know-how to get the policy you need for the rates you want. They compare renters insurance quotes from Travelers, Nationwide, Liberty Mutual, National General Insurance and Progressive to get you the coverage you want at the price you can afford.
- Website: eugenecyates.com
- Address: 2021 P St., Sacramento, CA 9581
- Phone number: (916) 313-6100
- Hours of operation: Call for hours
David Hernandez at Acceptance Insurance offers many types of insurance, but considers renters insurance his specialty. He delivers renters insurance quotes from multiple carriers and can provide service in both English and Spanish. Hernandez will help you decide how much coverage you need and provide supplemental insurance options if necessary.
- Website: locations.acceptanceinsurance.com/ca/sacramento/5591-sky-parkway
- Address: 5591 Sky Parkway, Ste. 405, Sacramento, CA 95823
- Phone number: (916) 394-2380
- Hours of operation: M - F: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 10am - 5pm
McGee & Thielen Insurance Brokers works with 38 national renters insurance carriers to protect your possessions. Partners include Travelers, Progressive, Chubb and Safeco Insurance. McGee & Thielen agents will help you evaluate the renters insurance offers and choose the one that works for you. Discounts are available for bundling policies or installing burglar alarms.
- Website: mcgeethielen.com/insurance-products
- Address: 3840 Rosin Court, Ste. 245, Sacramento, CA 95834
- Phone number: (916) 646-1919
- Hours of operation: M - F: 8am - 5pm
A local Allstate Insurance agent, Robert Peterson, has 20 years of experience and has lived over 25 years in the Sacramento community. With him, you'll get cheap renters insurance when you bundle your policy with auto insurance. You can also use Allstate's exclusive Moving Hub to get discounts on truck rentals and more when moving in or out of your home. Allstate also offers flood insurance and personal umbrella insurance for additional coverage.
- Website: agents.allstate.com/robert-l-peterson-sacramento-ca1.html
- Address: 7210 Greenhaven Drive, Ste. C, Sacramento, CA 95831
- Phone number: (916) 421-8191
- Hours of operation: M - F: 9am - 5pm
State Farm Insurance agent, Ken Perry, sells personal articles insurance in addition to renters insurance. Together they are a comprehensive insurance policy for your belongings that can cover collectibles, jewelry, musical instruments, computer equipment and more. You'd be covered worldwide and have $0 in deductibles with a personal articles insurance add-on. State Farm customers can receive discounts for home security installation and bundling policies.
- Website: kensperry.com/?cmpid=cgto_blm_0001
- Address: 2724 24th St., Ste. 200, Sacramento, CA 95818-3211
- Phone number: (916) 452-6668
- Hours of operation: M - F: 9am - 5pm
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.