Farmers Renters Insurance

Compare Renters Insurance

Research top Renters Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I tried to take a renters insurance online with Farmers Insurance at the recommendation of my apartment community. After entering all the information, I got an error online. Since I received an error, I thought the policy was not created. As I was in a hurry to take a renters policy, I took with Geico and submitted it. After few days I received an email from Farmers that I need to take some action to complete the process. Since I was travelling, I didn't see that on time. After I came back home, I found that my credit card was charged and I didn't get any email confirmation for the policy.

I called the agent Jason ** and explained it and also called the Farmers customer service and explained the issue and asked to refund my amount and cancel the policy. They asked me to submit the proof of my Geico policy and I have sent it to them on 31st July. I thought the cancellation would have happened and the case is closed. My account was charged again for the current month premium on 4th August. I tried to reach my agent and left a message. I am yet to get an answer. It is completely unacceptable that they keep taking money from my account even after making several attempts to cancel this policy. Service Request: SR# **, registered with Farmers Insurance on 31st July.

I needed a very basic policy and something I could afford with a low deductible and replacement cost. I had a hard time finding a company willing to give me coverage for a low amount. I only wanted 5000 in coverage and even that was a lot for a small 1-bedroom apt. I did have coverage for visitors if they were hurt inside my apt. The process from meeting with the agent to the help and advice about taking photos etc. was good. I never had any problems with them answering my questions and helping me set up ways to make payments. This is a good company and I would recommend them. Thanks to their help and advice I would have been well prepared with the photos. I'm sure it would have gone well if I ever needed to make a claim of some kind.

Farmers Renters' customer service was excellent, always friendly, answered my questions quickly. I never had to file a claim thank goodness so I'll take this time just to say I'm happy I had it and happy I didn't need to use it. There were a few options. I was able to find the one that worked best for me at a better price than other places quoted me. I'm happy with them.

I have life, home, and car insurance all through Farmers Renters and I am very satisfied. Their representatives are knowledgeable and helpful. It was easy to get through to customer service and they answered all the questions I had. Also, they have easy access to their website. I have not had to put in a claim as of yet but when I do, I am sure they will be able to assist me. I share with others what I think about the company and the policies I have. I am very happy with my policy and I do not plan on leaving this company. I look forward to future business with them.

The agent was easy to work with. Price and coverage were fantastic. It gives peace of mind knowing all our belongings are covered. Also gave us temporary living costs if the rented property is unusable. We never had the opportunity to file a claim. We have peace of mind knowing that if we had a claim to file our Farmers agent will handle everything for us. There were a wide variety of options to cover our rented premises. Their pricing allowed us to get top rated coverage for less and make certain all our items were fully covered. We had full replacement cost on all our belongings. Additional coverage gave us a hotel and temporary living expenses in case of a loss.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers Renters Insurance?

40 years of good customer paying never had a Renter Claim. Over years of paying I've paid over the years, but when I put in the claim with a Cherise **, this lady or so called lady had an attitude since the start. They come out nice & then send you 25 page document to fill out, make you feel like a criminal. Anyway after calls into the office she is always out of the office and leaves messages she will be back on Friday. When she never calls back or WTF, is going on with your progress. Final not my loss was in excess of $37.500 with a $25.000 limit. This company only settles for $17.500. Why have renter insurance waste of money & the claim adjuster are worthless especially Cherise.

It is very convenient using the chat functions for any questions or concerns I might have regarding my policy. I have yet to need to use their claims processing department but having the ability to do everything online would make it very convenient. I can just go online and submit my claim in a few easy steps There were a few different tiers of coverage that my husband and I could choose from. We have a very unique living arrangement living in a house of a family member who has home owners but we were able to choose a renter coverage for us. The coverage option is great. It covers all our belongings from head to toe. It is a breath of fresh air to have this extra coverage and peace of mind when renting because we never know what can happen.

Had good experience with the company. There were no issues or concerns. If I had a question they were quick to answer the question to my satisfaction. I was given directly to the person who could best answer my question and never got passed around and given the runaround when I had a question or a concern. Luckily I never had to make a claim but I am sure they would have handled it with the utmost concern for me, for my family, and for any others who may have been affected. I have no doubt that it would have been handled in a timely and courteous manner.

The whole process was very easy and it was at a cost that I could afford. I really had no issues at all and was able to choose what was best for my budget without much trouble at all. My policy covered as much as I needed it to and at a good price. I never had to worry about whether or not I would have to come up with the finances to cover any loss as I knew the coverage with help with that situation.

Their customer service was very good. They were always quick to answer any questions that I had. They were always polite and courteous whenever I called or saw them in person. They had quite a few different policy options to chose from. The had ones with high coverages all the way down to lower coverage amounts to meet all your coverage needs. I was pretty happy with their coverage. I felt like I had the right amount of coverage for the stuff that I needed coverage for. The price was decent as well.

When I went into the office I wasn't sure what or how much coverage I needed. They were very helpful in helping me to determine what I actually needed instead of just trying to get me to spend more money for more coverage that I didn't need. They were very friendly and professional and I would highly recommend them to everyone. Although I have not needed to file a claim, I was told the process and that it would be very quick for my claim to go through if I were to need it. There were many options for different types of policies available. They helped me to determine what I needed and nothing more which was a surprise. They walked me through a "survey" if you will of what I have in my home, the age of the items and what the replacement values would be. I also have an antique that they suggest that I get appraise to add that to my policy, which I had never considered, so I really appreciated that.

Well I had a policy with Glen **. Paid my policy before it was instated (suprise) and had to pre-pay before they would insure me for the next month. I ended up going with State Farm for the price of two months with Glen ** with an additional 5,000 coverage! Now I received a bill that Glen ** had put me in collections for a unpaid month??!! How does that work? I am not insured unless I paid my bill for the month. Glen ** Farmers insurance is very shady and about 500% more than State Farm.

Their customer service agent guy told bunch of jokes to make me laugh and was completely professional and got the job done in decent amount of time. The claims processing is extremely good and reliable and is inexpensive and quick and easy and the people was friendly and professional and got the job done. Their policy options is extremely great and inexpensive and affordable and covered everything and fixes the house I am renting when it got damaged from intense rain and flooding. Extremely quickly and professionally reliable.

Customer service representatives from farmers are very polite, knowledgeable and professional. If you need a basic coverage option I would suggest to go with farmers. I was completely satisfied with the coverage I got from farmers and the price I paid. The claim processing was very quick and hasselfree. There was no delay in the claim processing and was handled by them for most of the part. The policy options are very satisfying and I got the coverage that I was looking for. They suggest policy options with you to help you make the decision in choosing the policy. Best price for the coverage.

The service I have always got from them has been top of the line. I never would need to switch. I love how well they fix anything wrong and are always ready. I've never had to process a claim with them but my cuz has and for him it was perfect. They did everything they say and gave him no hassle thru the process. I found just what I need for my apt when I was looking. I was not wanting to spend a lot and they did just that. Found me the best rate but I'm also protected. The coverage is great. I get all I need and never worry, I like know they got my back in case I need them so I can go on with my life without the worry.

I hate it, it sucks. I'm currently looking for a new one and am trying to cancel out with this company. I tried this out for a month and covered nothing. I am disgusted with this company. It had just wasted my precious money.

Easy to work with on phone and in person. Very affordable rates. Easy website to find and navigate. Very knowledgeable staff and very personable. They have very knowledgeable staff that helps claims process quick and easy. I received payment from a claim in 2 days. They are experienced staff that help a lot. They have many policy options giving the customer many different kinds of coverage and for the cheapest rates possible. Very easy to choose what is needed because of courteous staff. The coverage is adequate to cover all needs that you will need. They offer lots of different options and types of coverage and have the staff trained to help you.

It's a great insurance company that I've used for years. It's really a go-to for all insurance need if you are in need of a good plan. I would recommend this service to everyone. Processing claims is fast and easy. Soon after application is filed follow all procedures and everything is taken care of by the insurance. Policy option is great. Build cash value that can be used overtime. This is a must for any family who has a home & needs & is looking for great coverage. The coverage builds over times that can be used so this is a great plan and insurance that covers all needs for a home owner. Recommend this overall.

Speedy call time and great customer service. Farmers has some of the most polite customer service reps I've talked to. Always very helpful with questions. I've only had to file 1 claim, but it was handled quickly and efficiently. The service and technicians were top notch. I would recommend this to anyone needing insurance. Not the most diverse policy options, but they have great prices and good coverage options. For a basic needs person like myself, this company is best suited for me. They offer the coverage I need at the best price, but not very diverse in the coverage. If you need basic coverage for a good price, Farmers is the way to go!

Very satisfy with customer service given professional standards company showed in helping me with policy. Very informative employees and helpful any questions I had. Claims processing was handled most professional and was quick and easy personal information needed and customer service was excellent. Agent handled most of claim processing. Was satisfied with my policy the agent laid out for me and type insurance given and type coverage for the rate paid. I am totally satisfied with quality service. Policy and coverage very satisfying, agent set up good amount Renters Insurance I could afford and claim processes was done professional. I'm very happy with coverage.

Customer service took forever. They hardly understood anything on what I was trying to say to them when filing a claim. My claim process became extremely long with this company. Very dissatisfied. Had my adjuster come out and told me I would receive my money with a week to 10 business day. Wrong! It took almost 3 months for them to settle on an amount that I was comfortable with. Their policy was worded perfectly. I could completely understand every little thing. My recommendation to everyone... Always read the small print. Coverage was okay. It was a little high than usual, but I was always told the more you pay for something the better quality you get. However, that was very unlikely with this company.

They were very helpful and answered any questions I had, made sure my coverage was affordable since I was on a very tight budget at the time of my coverage. I've never had to file a claim for anything. But I'm sure if I had to, they would help me through whatever my needs would have been. I know in the past with any question I had and had to call, I would get my answer either that day or the next.

Customer service was very helpful, friendly, always ready to help, very proactive. I wish all customer service reps were like these at Farmers. The claiming process was prompt, very efficient, customer friendly, made me feel like at ease. I would recommend them to everybody. The policy options fit my needs, however I would like to have more discounts, lower rates, and more options to choose from. I was very happy with the coverage. It made me feel safe and at ease and gave me a peace of mind that I will be completely covered when something unexpected will happen to me or my family.

The customer service of this company is very good and very knowledgeable. They are also willing to help you until your problem is resolved. The claims process is very simple and they help you through every step and help you get the most out the process. They also can do it in a quick manner. They have a lot of policy options and make sure you pick the right one with your budget in mind. They also make you feel wanted and appreciated. Their coverage options are the best and are very affordable. They help you pick the right one for your budget and make sure you make payments.

The customer service was very helpful, very thorough and always seemed ready to help and make my service more enjoyable whether there was an issue or not. Very good service all the time. They were very kind, always took care of claims right away and would ask about what the problem was and would say how sorry they were too. They seemed to care.

There were choices for me to choose so I was very happy as I didn't have to just pay for a policy. I was able to look at policy prices and deductibles as well. The coverage was wonderful as I felt taken care of like I wouldn't have to worry in case anything happened. I felt very safe with it. The coverage gave me a piece of contentment and like if anything unexpected happened I would be OK.

Insurance is a confusing topic and our Farmers representative was able to simplify the terminology and policy into ways we could easily understand. All of the paperwork involved is simple. All of the options are designed to suit your needs and provide the best coverage you will need for peace of mind. Our coverage left us feeling like we made the right choice. The coverage is designed to protect us and give us the peace of mind that all renter should want. Sure it's extra money to pay but insurance is a necessary item to have.

Always quick and fast. When I call them, can answer my questions within 5 minutes. They look my account fast, someone there 24/7, 365. They have good prices. They have average prices. I have called other companies so they're fair. I would not change companies. Good rates and they're close to where I live. Everything is in black and white, easy to understand. They have other add-on accounts you can get. Nothing is easier than them. They have three different coverages with different rates so you pick the one you want with good rates. I'm happy with them.

Farmers Insurance is there when you need someone to help, if you have any questions about your policy or coverage, or if you are looking for help with anything at all related to insurance. They have an easy to use website and the claims process is simple and not time consuming. You give all the information necessary to get the claim rolling, then you sit back and wait for it to be processed - and it only takes a matter of a few days. They offer a wide range of coverage options, and they will definitely have something to fit your budget. A representative will also go over your coverage to be sure that you are getting the best coverage for your situation. The coverage options are affordable and they are definitely fair for the price. I am completely satisfied with the coverage I get from Farmers and the price I pay for it. That 's why I've been a customer for over 5 years.

Farmers has the best Customer Service! They are always there for you when you need them and give you the care that you deserve because I think it is needed. Claim Processing is real easy with Farmers. All you have to do is call or go online and start a claim and someone will get to as soon as they can! Farmers Policy Options are very simple to understand and easy to go by. If you have any questions, Farmers will be more than happy to help you out. Farmers Coverage just depends on the person and their needs! You can always call and get a quote and ask if need be! For me, I think they have good Coverage.

Great, helpful people. Easy to do. Different options very helpful. All kinds of coverage for everyone.

Very quick to suit your needs. The staff very well mannered and professional. Hardly ever a wait. I'd recommend to my family and friends. Was asked about my issues and helped, asked if I needed help with anything else I hadn't mentioned. Claims processing was a breeze. Stated my claim and it was processed very quickly, no delays. People were very polite. I didn't feel bad about anything like I thought. I was very comfortable. Policy options were chosen to fit my needs. Although I was asked about every option they were explained thoroughly and we decided together what would be best. Very satisfied with the coverage I got. The people help a great deal. It came in handy when it came down to making a claim. Once again I'd recommend it.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Farmers was founded in 1928 in order to provide low-cost insurance to farmers and ranchers. Now, according to the 2014 report by the Federal Insurance Office, Farmers Insurance Group is fifth overall in the personal property insurance market.

• Online claims center: Claims servicing is available online or via telephone. Online, consumers can file and track claims, find repair vendors and find emergency lodging in case of disaster.
  • Farmers inner circle: The Farmers extensive consumer knowledge base is available online and provides consumers with detailed information regarding insurance as well as tips and insights.
  • Farmers friendly review: Farmers is committed to personal service through its network of local agents. Agents offer customers the Farmers Friendly Review, an annual review of a customer's insurance needs.
  • Fast online quote: Renters can get a free, no-obligation quote in less than five minutes from the company website.
  • Online inventory tool: Farmers provides consumers with an online tool to help create an inventory list, which assists consumers in the valuation of their personal property.
  • Best for Renters with personal property and renters who sublet.

Compare Renters Insurance