3.9/5 (558 ratings)
Find a Renters Insurance partner

Looking for a renters insurance policy?

Get a quote with Lemonade in minutes

Get started

About GEICO Renters Insurance

Looking for a renters insurance policy?

Get a quote with Lemonade in minutes

Get started

GEICO Renters Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO Renters Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GEICO Renters Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

Their prices cannot be beat however their communication in the application process when done by mail because they find some reason and then never following up after you repeatedly fill out all of their paperwork to let you know everything is okay and you can go ahead and purchase the policy. Extremely frustrating for the consumer and the salesman as well because they are losing customers who are not as determined as I was when many other insurance companies offer to insure me and State Farm did immediately the day I purchased my car while it took Geico 4 months to answer whatever concerns they thought were warranted because I had simply moved and my address changed!

Aside from this the money I saved from every other company is astounding!! I have even had salespeople from car warranty programs ask me who I was with when I told them how much I was paying and said they were going to give Geico a call! Definitely worth your time to give them a check on your own rate. Their renters insurance is also less than competitors. I can't speak to the claims process because I have never had an issue.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Geico has 100% customers service! They answer questions and make you understand what you are covered for. I appreciate Geico for their valuable information! Our home is protected by the coverage from Assurant insurance and the rates are very low. Every month is less than $20 for me and my family. Everyone should have renters insurance for their home. Very important!

Get buying tips about Renters Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Not what I expected of a Geico affiliate. If you want to cancel a policy with Assurant it will automatically take you the current date. It gives no option to go to a past date when you contracted with a different carrier. Not that my refund will be big but pretty disgusting you're tricked into using the current date. Try to find a live person to speak to.... Took a lot of searching - shame on you Geico and Assurant. Phone # I was finally able to speak to (probable outsourced) person live - 800 358-0600. Good luck renters clients.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I have been with Geico with last 5 years. I am satisfied with their product and service although I have never did any claim with them. I took Assurant condo insurance as a group policy. This year my house got damaged due to neighbour's fire and the real face of Assurant came out. When I reported the incident to them assurant told me they'll open a claim and it takes 24 hours to open it. Next day when I called the rep told me no claim has been opened. I requested them to open it again and this time they gave a claim number and told a adjuster will be assigned and didn't gave me any details about my policy what will be covered and told, "Your adjuster will tell you." During this time I moved to a hotel with my family not sure how much can I spend.

After 3 days the adjuster finally called me and told me about the limits. He told me, "You can stay in hotels and submit bills and he'll issue a check." After two week that adjuster stopped responding to my calls and emails. When I reached out to assurant they told, "A new adjuster has been assigned to your case." When I asked for his information they only gave his name and not his email address or phone number. I never got any communication from assurant about this new adjuster. Almost a month has passed me living in a hotel with family with two kids and this insurance company is also not helping me out. Very bad experience.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

The process was very simple. They contacted me with Assurant who takes care of the bill. The monthly bill is part of my GEICO statement and notified when due. Been with the GEICO since 1995 and renters insurance since 2018.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

All I can say is that I was able to get insurance with GEICO and I have car insurance with them. I've been very pleased with their car insurance and their renters insurance was very reasonable priced. I haven't had to issue a claim so I'm not sure if it easy or hard.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I have had Geico auto insurance for many years. In 2010 I became disabled and had to search a more easier way to pay my bills. I called Geico, they explained how since Im a renter I could bundle auto and renters to save. I did just that. Have been bundling ever since and still have. Ever had any complications. They have a lot of discounts which help out too. They are the best for me.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I would not recommend them. As a company, GEICO is fine and I have never had an issue? But I have has the need to file a claim. The problem is that they partner with extremely unethical renters insurance companies like Assurant.

Original review: July 14, 2020

Garbage customer service. SCAM. Waited nearly a month after our inspection to say they were going to cancel our insurance DURING A PANDEMIC if we didn't get thousands of dollars of unnecessary repairs to our home. Told us our deck required rail. By law it does not, new build, legal. Tried to cancel our insurance over it. They are incompetent. Said the payment that they took INSTANTLY from our account would be 7-10 business days to refund. SCAM ARTISTS!

Original review: July 1, 2020

As a very pleased GEICO Multi-auto customer I added the Renters. But this weekend I filed a claim as a kitchen cabinet collapsed and crushed my wife’s iPad. Denied! ‘Wrong type of collapse’(!) Will have to find another insurance company. Lost trust.

GEICO Renters Insurance author review by Matthew Brodsky

GEICO was founded in 1936 and has grown to employ 30,000 associates. The company is headquartered in Chevy Chase, MD.

• Property agency call center: GEICO provides a dedicated call center for property claims. In addition, claims information and contacts for GEICO property insurance partners is available on the company website.

• Renters insurance information center: GEICO provides consumers with education and information specifically regarding renters insurance via its online Insurance Information Center.

• Mobile support: The GEICO mobile app allows customers to have a digital ID card, manage accounts and policies, as well as manage claims appointments.

• Easy access: Customers can access GEICO online 24/7, 365 days a year. In addition, GEICO has 14 major offices around the United States.

• Military discount: GEICO offers members of the U.S. military special discount programs and service options.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Advisor