Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
  2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

AIG Life Insurance

AIG Life Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.29/5

AIG has insurance policies that protect your financial health, including life, travel and auto insurance. AIG isn't an InsuraMatch partner. Call InsuraMatch to get multiple auto insurance quotes and policy advice in just 10 minutes. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

AIG Life Insurance Reviews

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

My husband and I had purchased an Old Line Life Term Insurance Policy 20 years ago. Unfortunately, AIG bought them out. The policy was ending in December of 2019, so we called on November 12 of 2019 to let them know we did not want to renew the insurance policy. The person we spoke with stated he terminated the policy and stopped the automatic monthly payment. He also told us to ignore any correspondence from AIG.

In early December, AIG withdrew $872.54 from our account, a sum that was 8 times what we had been paying. When I called to ask what happened, the woman at AIG was horribly rude and told me she did not know what I was talking about because the policy had been terminated. We stopped payment on the withdrawal and filed a complaint with the California Insurance Commission.

We just got two letters today, January 17, 2020, one to me and one to my husband. The one to my husband was cordial but stated they had never received any notice of cancellation from us. The one to me was completely rude, telling me I could not cancel the policy because my husband was primary (My husband talked to the person in November to cancel the policy.), they had never received any notice from us and was just generally nasty in tone. His letter had a person's name, phone number, and email address attached; mine was signed by Customer Service.

It was very apparent mine was hostile and condescending in tone. I guess AIG hates women and feels it has a right to try to demean the mere "wife". We will be contacting AIG and the California Insurance Commission to follow up. We never bought this policy from AIG and now we would never have anything to do with them. The proverbial right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, and they feel it is just fine to be hostile and demeaning to women.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I give ANY insurance company a one star is because they asked people out there insurance money. They do not have any regards about people feeling when they have lost a loved one. On March 6, 2019 I lost my brother who my mother purchased the insurance policy for him and named herself as the beneficiaries. My mother passed on 8/26/2014. I am the only survivor of my family which that fall under my mother estates. Been fighting with AIG since July 2019 when my father passed 7/01/2019 after finding all the insurance my mother had purchased. They are very irresponsible, nasty, unfriendly had attitude people I have ever deal with so if anybody have policies with AIG think twice about cancel your policies with them plus they are not under BBB. That should tell you something about the company.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I have been paying on a life policy for my husband since January, 1989 and now get a letter telling me I haven't been paying the right amount of premium. I pay this quarterly and the billing shows a certain amount which is exactly what I pay. When I called them they told me it was "up to me" to send the correct amount -- what -- I pay the amount on the billing. Too bad they say his policy will lapse so too bad unless I send them $1600. My husband will be 80 and we are on fixed income so where will I get this kind of money. Supervisors are as stupid as their customer service team. Have been taught to rely on life companies to be there when you need them but this one is truly simply pitiful and crooked. Guess I can just kiss my $30,000 plus away because they have made all the money off me that I'm willing to give. Someone needs to put a stop to this kind of business practice.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

On Oct 7 2019 we got a letter from AIG with the 2 refund checks stated our life insurance has been cancelled because we did not pay since May 2019, I call the customer services with the very bad experience, all they said, "Your policy cancelled and we can not give you the same prices" if we want to buy it again, I call my bank and they don't know why these checks were returned and we had them auto payment for years from my checking account, now they send send forms to reinstate, I ask for my agent so they can help me out but the customer service said no, there are many things I don't understand.

English is not my first language and the forms are confusing, why do I have to do all of these, we paid 11 years with the total more than $20,000 for nothing, so much stress on this issue, can any one have any advice or any lawyer can help us out, I'm relly stress. The customer service is the worst, I will not advise any one to buy AIG life insurance. Please help.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

AIG is stonewalling claims and holding onto "your money" as long as they can. It's bad enough to have to deal with the DEATH OF A FAMILY member, then have AIG stonewall my POD (Pay on Death) claim by telling me they received it but lost it, or never received it, need another document that they never said anything about until later. The latest stonewall tactic was AIG telling me the documents I sent are not visible on their system. - I sent hard copy notarized originals! What are they talking about!! I'm sure they wouldn't want to be treated like this if one of their family members died. This is unethical and illegal ACTIVITY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AIG?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I went through an insurance agent who connected me to AIG for life insurance on the house. When I realized we couldn't meet the monthly payment anymore, they told me my agent had to cancel it and that I, the policy holder, could do nothing. I originally wanted to switch it to a cheaper monthly plan but they said I would have to wait a whole year before doing that. What kind of business goes by rules like these?? Since they didn't want to take my money at all, I decided to cancel permanently and go elsewhere. I thought they would at least refund me the first monthly payment since I was only with them for one month, but they wouldn't even do that. I'm VERY disappointed in AIG and the fact they basically stole my money. I will not be recommending their services to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I had taken travel medical insurance and gone thru emergency medical during trip. These guys cheated me after providing all medical reports with no pre-existing conditions. After flight cancellation (non refundable), this fraud insurance team said, they do not help. I'm looking for lawyers to file a lawsuit.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I've been on the phone with AIG multiple times a week over the last three months trying to resolve a very simple issue. It takes 10 minutes or more to get a customer service representative on the line. That representative spends most of their time telling you how their computer takes 24-48 hours to update, how they can't talk to other departments that make decisions or have needed information, etc. It takes an act of congress to find your way to a supervisor. The supervisors, if you can reach them, give you the same sad story of how they can't do anything and have to rely on computers.

The decision makers in other departments can only be reached internally by email. The supervisors and customer service agents can't speak to these other department. And, customers, certainly can't speak to them or email them. The above is indicative of my experience with AIG (and the company they acquired, Valic) for the last two decades. AIG is indifferent, apathetic and helpless and unhelpful. On a more positive note, The University of Alabama is now changing their Retirement Service provider away from AIG to another company.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I had the EXACT same experience as Tish of Whitney, TX. This company is scammy beyond belief. I will never work with them again. Notices of termination despite sending them checks. No way to get customer service. They claimed we were sending our checks to the wrong address despite them cashing the checks. Con artists.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I bought travel insurance for my air travel. I has my work schedule change, I contacted AIG for a claim. They denied the claim saying it would not cover until someone is involved in accident, death or some other stupid reasons. The purpose of travel insurance should cover unexpected travel situations. Bottom line is the whole AIG is a fake and trash cheating company who deceives with their policies by not clearly mentioning what is covered and what is not at the time of purchase.

Consumers needs to know what exactly is covered but they make you go to the long and confusing pdf documents where consumers has to click and view, most of the time consumers will not have enough time to go through while booking a ticket and insurance companies such as AIG take advantage out of it. What is the purpose of buying travel insurance when it’s time to use it and AIG don’t pay and deny it!! Worthless!!!! They took more than 2 months to respond. Worst company ever.

AIG Life Insurance Company Information