Get Pricing

2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

4.8/5 (22 ratings)

About Ethos

Ethos takes a modern approach to life insurance policies, with no medical exam requirement and same-day coverage from top carriers. Policies can be customized to a budget, and sales agents don't work on commission, so there's no pressure to upsell or provide products you don't need. Term life and whole life policies are available. Get started with a free online quote.

Pros

• Same-day coverage
  • No medical exams or tests
  • No pressure
  • Free online quote

Cons

• Age limitations
  • Limited riders

Bottom Line

Ethos life insurance is a modern provider that offers free online quotes and fast approvals. Medical exams and blood tests aren't required for term life or whole life insurance. Policies include a 30-day money-back guarantee.

What is Ethos life insurance?

Ethos is an online life insurance provider that offers term life and whole life policies through trusted insurance carriers. Provide information to get a free quote online, then purchase a policy with no medical exams required. The fast, automated underwriting process means coverage can start as soon as the same day. If you aren't satisfied with your purchase, you can get a full refund within the first 30 days.

Ethos life insurance policies and coverage

Ethos offers term life and whole life insurance policies through top carriers including Legal & General America, Ameritas Life Insurance Corp., TruStage and AAA Life. Each policy type includes extra features. Term life policies are guaranteed to be renewable and have level premiums. Whole life insurance plans include an accidental death benefit, accruing cash value, policy loans, reduced paid-up or extended term insurance options and a waived annual fee for AAA members.

Here are the details of each type of Ethos life insurance policy.

PlanTerm lengthBenefit amountIssue ages
Term life10, 15, 20 or 30 years$20,000 to $1.5 million20 to 65
Whole lifeLifetime$10,000, $15,000, $20,000 or $25,00065 to 85
Term length10, 15, 20 or 30 yearsLifetime
Benefit amount$20,000 to $1.5 million$10,000, $15,000, $20,000 or $25,000
Issue ages20 to 6565 to 85

Ethos quotes

The cost of your Ethos policy is based on your age, sex, health, lifestyle and the policy terms. For example, a 25-year-old smoker might pay an average of $123 per month for a 10-year term life policy with a death benefit of $1 million, while a nonsmoker would pay $58 per month for the same policy. Complete Ethos’s online quote form to receive a personalized price in minutes. You can also request a quote over the phone, and since sales reps don't work on commission, you won't be pressured to buy anything you don't need.

Ethos FAQ

Does Ethos require a medical exam?
No, Ethos doesn't require a medical exam or any blood tests. There are some exceptions; if you're asked to complete a medical exam, it won’t cost you anything.
Does Ethos have a waiting period?
There is no waiting period with Ethos policies. Coverage begins as soon as you accept the terms and are charged for your first premium.
What is Ethos’s cancellation policy?
Ethos has a 30-day money-back guarantee, during which you'll receive a full refund if you cancel for any reason. After the first 30 days, you can still cancel at any time with no cancellation fees.
How do I apply for Ethos life insurance?
You can apply for Ethos life insurance online or over the phone. Have your driver’s license, Social Security number, personal and family health history and current medication information ready.
Is there an age limit for Ethos life insurance?
Term life policies have an issue age limit of 20 to 65, while whole life policies have an issue age limit of 65 to 85.

Is Ethos life insurance legit?

Ethos provides a convenient, low-pressure way to purchase term and whole life insurance. No medical exam is required to purchase a policy, and there's no waiting period before coverage kicks in. Get a quote on Ethos's website to determine if your personalized rate is within your budget. If you do purchase a policy, remember that you have 30 days to get a full refund if you change your mind.

Ethos Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ethos?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ethos?

Original review: July 22, 2021

I usually pass on reviews but felt I should speak up for this one. While searching for Life Insurance for one of my employees, I came across so many obstacles. While driving, I heard the Ethos commercial on the radio and kept it in mind. I decided to give it a try online and the process was simple. I myself have Life Insurance and remember having a nurse come to my house to take blood, etc. This was not the case today. Just be honest in answering the questions and you might actually receive a policy that day like I did. Very pleased!

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Ethos met the criteria for what we were looking for. Signing up was easy but I haven't gotten a lot of feedback from them since then. One thing that we would like is a copy of the policy that we can put in our file folder in case something were to happen to one of us or both of us. That way, it would be easily retrievable. If something happened to both of us, some people may not even know where that exists.

Original review: July 12, 2021

Ethos was the least hassle company to work with. The process of getting a quote was substantially easier (a lot less paperwork involved). I also recently received another quote from a competing, more traditional life insurance company, and the Ethos quote was substantially less. After I completed the online portion of the process, they reached out the next day. I was a little surprised at how quickly someone was getting back to me, but otherwise, it was a knowledgeable person I spoke to.

Original review: July 10, 2021

I was doing a little bit of research online, and Ethos' name came up in a good light. In the web application, the process was pretty streamlined and pain free. The user interface was nice. It kind of holds your hand and doesn't confuse you. The questions are structured in such a way that they’re understandable and easy to work through. They didn't take me too long. It was only about 10 minutes. I looked at a couple other alternatives, and they seem to make it a lot harder to put in an application. So, I appreciated that Ethos made it simple for me. They made it easy to obtain coverage. I feel like understanding the articles that they provided gave me a good sense of what I was applying for and didn't overwhelm me with terminology that I wasn't familiar with. Ethos has provided me with a straightforward platform. The insurance coverage provides me peace of mind.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I have a guy who was working for us. He found Ethos for us and did all the work. I got called, went over a few things, made the payment and I'm covered. I like that Ethos wasn't making me take blood and urine samples. We were going through a lot of companies, and everybody was insisting, due to COVID, that some stranger come out to our house and poke us with a needle. We're not against doing stuff like that but we had just been to the doctor and had our annual checkup. I didn't feel like a stranger should be coming to my house and I have no knowledge of what kind of medical experience they have poking me. Ethos came through and said, “We don't recommend that,” and that's exactly why we went through them.

Original review: July 20, 2021

After sifting through a frustrating cluster of confusing, high-pressure, overpriced online life insurance companies, I finally discovered Ethos. Ethos provided me with plenty of clearly worded information about every type of life insurance and then made the process SIMPLE. I now feel confident that I made the right choice to protect my family.

Original review: July 18, 2021

Yes Ethos made purchasing my life insurance quite easy and totally explainable!!! I was even able to download my entire policy, with every detail I could want to see and go over and ask questions if I needed!! Also this policy is very reasonably priced. I am happy with the overall experience!!

Original review: July 17, 2021

Very easy application process, very quick response. No pushy salesperson trying to sell me something I didn't need or want. A nice way to get what I wanted and needed, this was a painless process and highly recommend Ethos. Thank you.

Original review: July 14, 2021

The customer service I received from Zach ** was amazing. He answered everyone of my questions (There was many) and made me feel comfortable in my decision to go with company. I would highly recommend Zach and his offerings to anyone I know.

Original review: July 12, 2021

Thank you for the great service. I was able to obtain the product I needed at the price I can afford. I appreciate the low pressure, but thorough follow-up by my agent and our ability to review and compare before committing to a plan.

Original review: July 12, 2021

The entire process was quick and easy. I’m so glad to have the additional peace of mind that my children will not have to struggle when something happens to me. Ethos’ application process was straightforward. Premiums were decent, and knowing their rating is excellent helped make the decision easier.

Original review: July 8, 2021

The gentleman that called to help us was polite, efficient, answered any questions we had and was generally a joy to speak to. My husband signed up and I'll sign up in the future. We loved the ease of getting a quote.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I did not realize this was an AAA company and a graded policy until I received it in the mail. I believed that I was receiving immediate coverage. Changing the name of the company during the application/review process is confusing and disturbing.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I requested a insurance policy and I did not receive any response. So I wanted to cancel my request. I requested that my first payment be returned to my credit card. I would appreciate it if you return my first payment to my credit card account.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Thank you so much for such fast amazing service and very quick and convenient communication process during the underwriting process, very excellent customer service!!! I am very satisfied with the fast service provided!!! Greatly appreciate your work!!! The application process was very easy to complete! Thank you so much the Ethos Team!

Original review: July 8, 2021

I like Ethos' process being simpler. It was a smooth process and definitely better than most insurance companies I've dealt with in the past.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I’ve never tried life insurance before. I just tried Ethos and it worked. This one was easy for me.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I like the pricing of Ethos and the convenience where I'm at right now. So far, it's been very simplistic and moved right along. Everything's pretty straightforward.

Original review: July 5, 2021

We really liked the system of Ethos. The sign-up process was very user-friendly. You don't have to be a brain to figure out what you need. Everybody so far has been very quick and helpful.

Original review: July 4, 2021

It's been super easy from start to finish with Ethos, which made me feel good about it because I can back their product for other people. I went into the online system and plugged in my information, and it was done.

Original review: July 3, 2021

I'm shopping and comparing a quote then I found this Ethos life Insurance company, the same amount and better deals of what I had before. I saved $35 from Ethos. Is cheaper than anybody else with the same thing you you're getting to others companies. So try Ethos. Compare what you had right now. Ethos will save you money. Come and purchase Ethos Life Insurance you won't regret it.

Original review: July 3, 2021

Ethos was highly rated online and I had a friend who had also used them. Signing up was good.

Original review: July 2, 2021

The signup process was easy and everything was good. The rep answered all my questions.

Original review: June 30, 2021

As a busy husband father and musician, I do not have time to wait around for a traditional insurance company. I got online answered a few questions and paid my premium and I was good to go. Covered the same day. I now have peace of mind that my family is taken care of in case of an emergency. Thanks Ethos.

Original review: June 30, 2021

It was quick & easy to apply online. Had a few follow up questions & was approved. The customer service agent who called to verify the coverage was friendly & professional. He helped us to get our premiums down & still provide enough coverage for my family. Coverage started IMMEDIATELY! Overall great experience!

Ethos Company Information