4.6/5 (56 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Taylor Sansano
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Sproutt

Sproutt sells life insurance policies for users across the nation. It offers three options, including traditional life insurance (usually term or whole), no-exam insurance and guaranteed life insurance. Customers use its simple online application, which prompts them with easy-to-understand questions, to get access to customized rates and terms.

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

Pros

• Extremely easy process
    • Highly personalized
    • No-exam and guaranteed options

Cons

• Can be expensive
    • No in-person assistance

Bottom Line

Sproutt is an independent, online life insurance broker. It uses its Qualify of Life Index to assess applicants. With traditional, guaranteed and no-exam options, most users will find what they’re looking for.

What is Sproutt?

Sproutt is an online, independent life insurance broker offering a simple and tech-oriented approach to choosing and purchasing traditional, no-exam and guaranteed life insurance policies. Its three-step process is fast and easy, making it an attractive choice for people who want life insurance but don’t want the headaches that usually come with applying for it. Sproutt is based in New York City and has offices in Kansas City, Missouri; Hartford, Connecticut; and Tel Aviv, Israel.

How does Sproutt work?

Sproutt has a three-step process for getting life insurance online. First, you answer a number of simple questions about yourself and your lifestyle, including where you live, your age, your general health, your income, your credit score and your activity level. Sproutt uses this information in the second step to generate a “Quality of Life Index” (QL Index), which employs data and artificial intelligence to develop unique insights and pricing. The final step is to select the plan and price that works best for your lifestyle. It takes about 15 minutes from start to finish to go through the online application and get rates from leading providers.

Sproutt insurance

Sproutt offers multiple types of insurance plans from leading companies across the nation. These include traditional life insurance, no-exam life insurance and guaranteed life insurance.

• Traditional life insurance: Sproutt’s life insurance plans include term life insurance, whole life insurance, universal life insurance and variable universal life insurance. Benefits range from $50,000 to $5 million. These plans require a medical exam for approval.
    • No-exam life insurance: Sproutt has no-exam options for those who can’t visit a doctor or need to get life insurance quickly. You can complete the entire process for purchasing no-exam life insurance online. Whole and term policies are available.
    • Guaranteed life insurance: With guaranteed life insurance, you are guaranteed to qualify for coverage. The online approval process is short, with no medical exam or financial questionnaire necessary. Guaranteed life insurance is often designed for those with severe medical conditions who don’t want to leave expenses for their families.

Sproutt costs

Each policy is customized for the purchaser, so there’s a wide range in prices. We requested several quotes. A term policy for a healthy 27-year-old female came to $20 per month for a 20-year term with a $500,000 benefit. For a 57-year-old male with a history of smoking occasionally and average health, the quote for a 10-year term policy with $500,000 in coverage was $342 per month. You can request a quote by answering questions on Sproutt’s website.

Sproutt FAQ

What is the Sproutt Quality of Life Index?
    Using a series of questions, Sproutt assesses each individual in five lifestyle areas: movement, sleep, emotional health, nutrition and balance. Together, these create a Quality of Life Index. Sproutt uses the QL Index to provide lifestyle recommendations and, in turn, lower life insurance rates.
    How do I apply for Sproutt insurance?
    Online. Its application walks you through each question step by step to show you what plans are available. From there, it helps you sign up for the policy you choose. You can also call Sproutt to speak with an advisor.
    How quickly can I get Sproutt life insurance?
    It depends on the policy. With the no-exam option, customers will not face any waiting period and can get covered immediately.
    Is Sproutt an insurance provider or broker?
    Sproutt is a broker. Sproutt connects users to policies from a large number of companies, which it reviews and rates based on products, pricing, financial health and customer reviews.

Do we recommend Sproutt?

Sproutt is a good choice for those who want to buy life insurance online. Its application is easy to understand and complete. Customers have access to a variety of life insurance products from different companies, including no-exam and guaranteed options. If you’re in the process of looking for life insurance coverage, consider using Sproutt during your search.

Sproutt Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sproutt?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sproutt?

Original review: May 8, 2022

Sproutt’s customer service reps were good and helpful. They did a good job explaining to me. I’m the working parent and my plan options were fine but my husband’s were a little bit limited. He’s a stay-at-home dad and he’s supposed to be able to get half of what I got for myself. But because they couldn’t verify something, he was only able to get 250, which was odd. I want a little more flexibility on the plans.

Original review: April 8, 2022

Sproutt was easy to work with and they were pretty straightforward. With life insurance companies, you see one rate in the beginning and then once they get all your info, they always change it. Sproutt didn't do that. They were honest. The process online took 10 to 15 minutes overall and they got back to me in a mtter of a few days after they approved the policy. Everything was as they said it would be.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I was still doing the application online and someone got back to me the next business day. The lines of communication and their responsiveness was perfect. The rep gave me suggestions and I didn't feel like I was being forced into anything. They were saying, "Well, let's see what we can do based off of what you were thinking of, what works for your family." They fit two or three different options and then I consulted with my family to see if those were good. And they were.

But there was an issue where the Sproutt representative said that everything was going well. I had the call with the insurance agency that I was going to go with. But then there was a long delay in the final determination after I did my fee. So, I called the Sproutt's representative back. They said not to worry about it and that they will call to find out what's going on, and they would make sure everything was okay. It was some technical issue with some paperwork. But it was between the two insurance companies. They straightened it out within three business days after that call.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

It was very nice working with Sproutt. The lady I worked with was very nice. The only thing is I was requesting for some incentives because I opened two life insurance policies with them. Unfortunately, I never got any incentives. Other than that, the signup process was easy. It was a pleasantful experience. They were very knowledgeable on the product that they were selling and on the things that I have been asking on the insurance policies. They also interfere with the actual life insurance company on the questions that I had. They clarified everything very clearly to me. So, they were pretty good.

Sproutt response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, Umashankar. Congratulations on your life insurance policy! - Sproutt Team

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

The way Sproutt set everything up online was very easy for me to get to. The user interface was great and everything happened right there and then. I didn’t have to wait for 10 years. The other ones were kind of dragging their feet and making it a long ordeal. Sproutt has a cost-effective policy. There were also a lot of options for me to be able to customize and I love the way that I was able to customize it. I wanted to do a living will, and they offered me an incentive to one of their partner companies to get that started with a discount. That was cool, too.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I did the auto payments that they are doing each month. The cost is reasonable and everything is good.

Original review: May 19, 2022

I qualified for not needing to do labs and that's what I was looking for. From start to finish, things were done in 45 minutes which was nice. I like not having to use a salesperson. Everything that I would have had questions about, I was able to find on the website. I'm a life insurance underwriter, so I know that backend process and it was all very easy. So I was happy.

Original review: May 11, 2022

It worked out real well with Sproutt. Getting signed up was easy.

Original review: May 10, 2022

The signup process was good.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Sproutt was okay and their reps were nice. It’s a lot to get life insurance and that’s what it comes down to, especially at my age. But in the end, Sproutt probably didn’t save any money. The policy I got was very expensive. I went through a lot of other policies and I could have gotten another policy for the same price. I ended up with Prudential. I worked with another broker and it was also Prudential and the prices were pretty much the same.

Take a Life Insurance Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Sproutt Company Information