4.7/5 (24 ratings)

About Sproutt

Sproutt sells life insurance policies for users across the nation. It offers three options, including traditional life insurance (usually term or whole), no-exam insurance and guaranteed life insurance. Customers use its simple online application, which prompts them with easy-to-understand questions, to get access to customized rates and terms.

Pros

• Extremely easy process
  • Highly personalized
  • No-exam and guaranteed options

Cons

• Can be expensive
  • No in-person assistance

Bottom Line

Sproutt is an independent, online life insurance broker. It uses its Qualify of Life Index to assess applicants. With traditional, guaranteed and no-exam options, most users will find what they’re looking for.

What is Sproutt?

Sproutt is an online, independent life insurance broker offering a simple and tech-oriented approach to choosing and purchasing traditional, no-exam and guaranteed life insurance policies. Its three-step process is fast and easy, making it an attractive choice for people who want life insurance but don’t want the headaches that usually come with applying for it. Sproutt is based in New York City and has offices in Kansas City, Missouri; Hartford, Connecticut; and Tel Aviv, Israel.

How does Sproutt work?

Sproutt has a three-step process for getting life insurance online. First, you answer a number of simple questions about yourself and your lifestyle, including where you live, your age, your general health, your income, your credit score and your activity level. Sproutt uses this information in the second step to generate a “Quality of Life Index” (QL Index), which employs data and artificial intelligence to develop unique insights and pricing. The final step is to select the plan and price that works best for your lifestyle. It takes about 15 minutes from start to finish to go through the online application and get rates from leading providers.

Sproutt insurance

Sproutt offers multiple types of insurance plans from leading companies across the nation. These include traditional life insurance, no-exam life insurance and guaranteed life insurance.

• Traditional life insurance: Sproutt’s life insurance plans include term life insurance, whole life insurance, universal life insurance and variable universal life insurance. Benefits range from $50,000 to $5 million. These plans require a medical exam for approval.
  • No-exam life insurance: Sproutt has no-exam options for those who can’t visit a doctor or need to get life insurance quickly. You can complete the entire process for purchasing no-exam life insurance online. Whole and term policies are available.
  • Guaranteed life insurance: With guaranteed life insurance, you are guaranteed to qualify for coverage. The online approval process is short, with no medical exam or financial questionnaire necessary. Guaranteed life insurance is often designed for those with severe medical conditions who don’t want to leave expenses for their families.

Sproutt costs

Each policy is customized for the purchaser, so there’s a wide range in prices. We requested several quotes. A term policy for a healthy 27-year-old female came to $20 per month for a 20-year term with a $500,000 benefit. For a 57-year-old male with a history of smoking occasionally and average health, the quote for a 10-year term policy with $500,000 in coverage was $342 per month. You can request a quote by answering questions on Sproutt’s website.

Sproutt FAQ

Using a series of questions, Sproutt assesses each individual in five lifestyle areas: movement, sleep, emotional health, nutrition and balance. Together, these create a Quality of Life Index. Sproutt uses the QL Index to provide lifestyle recommendations and, in turn, lower life insurance rates.
Online. Its application walks you through each question step by step to show you what plans are available. From there, it helps you sign up for the policy you choose. You can also call Sproutt to speak with an advisor.
It depends on the policy. With the no-exam option, customers will not face any waiting period and can get covered immediately.
Sproutt is a broker. Sproutt connects users to policies from a large number of companies, which it reviews and rates based on products, pricing, financial health and customer reviews.

Do we recommend Sproutt?

Sproutt is a good choice for those who want to buy life insurance online. Its application is easy to understand and complete. Customers have access to a variety of life insurance products from different companies, including no-exam and guaranteed options. If you’re in the process of looking for life insurance coverage, consider using Sproutt during your search.

Sproutt Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sproutt?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sproutt?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

The process took longer than I was happy with but it was not the fault of any representatives. It's getting doctors involved. So, it was positive that the reps proactively gave me updates. My expectations were exceeded in using Sproutt. They were able to give me a more competitive rate and were very responsive. I was happy and the experience with them has been great.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

It was okay. I was trying to cancel it though. I don't think I ever heard back on if it was done. I had it and I was just toying around with everything. I bumped it up through my work and my husband passed away a month and a half ago, and I want to consolidate my life insurance. It was easy to sign up for it. I just didn't want another company handling my life insurance.

Sproutt response

Hi Elizabeth, we appreciate you taking the time to share a review! We checked your case and verified that your assigned delivery specialist is handling this request. Thank you again. -The Sproutt Team

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

The process with Sproutt was easy. It was all online. My experience with their reps was clear and easy. They asked me questions, clarifications, I answered, and the whole process went smoothly. Great value in terms of the rates, too. As with any life insurance policy, it's important. What Sproutt does is make it a lot easier and less complicated. People who may not be as familiar with the process, they’ll want to go through intense medical underwriting. It was very helpful.

Sproutt response

Alex, thank you for taking the time to submit a review! We are so glad you found our process efficient and straight forward. We value you as a customer! -Sproutt Team

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

Sproutt was one of the more cost-effective companies. The representatives that I've spoken to have all been very pleasant. I would highly recommend Sproutt because everything that I was looking for, they were able to supply.

Sproutt response

Jordan, thank you for taking the time to share your review. We're glad we were able to provide you with the best policy for your needs. -Sproutt Team

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Sproutt's reps were very persistent. I'm very busy all the time and I could appreciate that because I'd start something then I just throw it by the wayside because I'm busy doing something else. They called and called and emailed and texted. So, they didn't let me forget about it, which I really appreciated because I actually got it done. But I did not like it when on my first time getting billed, I didn't understand the billing. It looked like the amount was doubled from what they told me. I was supposed to call, but I got busy, so I didn't even call.

Then, they were not able to process a payment for my son's policy and I don't recall leaving or receiving a message about that. The first time they sent me a message, I corrected the account number and I thought they debited my account. But I noticed it was never debited for the $17 that his insurance policy was supposed to cause. So, by the time I figured that out, his policy was canceled due to a $17 payment. So, I didn't like that. But other than that, the experience was great. The cost of 75,000 was also explained by their rep to me and it works.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

The enrollment with Sproutt was quick and the reps always connected me with who I needed to talk to. They did more than anyone reaching out for life insurance. I didn't know how to go about it when I first started but the associates were more than helpful and they made it painless.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Signing up was straightforward. It took 40 minutes. The guy I spoke with was nice and followed up with me. The options were clear for a lay person who wants to get insurance, knows that they need insurance, and the kind that simplifies it. It was boiled down good. I got approved and I got my packet.

Sproutt response
    Jamar, thank you for sharing feedback! Congratulations on your life insurance policy.

-Sproutt Team

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

My experience with Sproutt was all good. I was fairly well-updated throughout the process.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

One of my friends recommended Sproutt so I browsed around and it was easy to select the right coverage for me. The sign-up process was quick as well.

Sproutt response
    Siddharth, thank you for sharing your feedback! It's great to hear you enjoyed the Sproutt process. Congratulations on your policy!

-Sproutt Team

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I use Sproutt and I'm doing well. Sproutt does the job. It's been good.

Sproutt Company Information