Haven Life Visit Website
  3. Life Insurance
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.42/5

Haven Life Insurance Agency, LLC is a life insurance startup that created an easy and affordable option for buying term life insurance (issued by MassMutual) online. Driven by a mission to make life less hard, Haven Life is transforming the typically time-consuming and confusing process of applying for life insurance into one that's easier, faster and just plain better. Haven Life is backed and wholly owned by MassMutual, a trusted life insurer with more than 160-years experience.

**MassMutual and its subsidiaries C.M. Life Insurance Company and MML Bay State Life Insurance Company are rated by A.M. Best Company as A++ (Superior; Top category of 15). The rating is as of April 1, 2018 and is subject to change. MassMutual has received other ratings from different rating agencies.]

AMBestRating
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Haven Life Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 9, 2019

My spouse and I researched several insurance providers before selecting Haven Life. Haven Life had a top rating and offered what we needed. The process was easy and we ended up with a good deal. I appreciated the great customer service from beginning until our application was completed.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2019

The best thing about this experience was that I didn't have to talk to anyone on the phone. I did everything online. There was a small snag with verifying my identity because I spelled out my address completely instead of the way it was printed on my driver's license, but customer support was very helpful in getting it resolved, all through chat and email. Once my identity was verified, I was approved instantly without a health exam because I've been lucky enough to be reasonably healthy throughout my life. The monthly premium is affordable and I now have peace of mind for my family. I would definitely recommend this company.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Shopped around looking for life insurance. Found Haven Life to offer the best rate compared to others I've looked at. Haven Life's online application process is easy and the outcome was fast. And the rate I got is the best I've seen even with the additional rider. Their customer service responds very quickly and answered all my questions. I would absolutely recommend this company to anyone I know that is looking for life insurance.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Loved the simplicity of the entire process. I could understand everything in front of me and I love the ease of use of technology. Great experience. I highly recommend to anyone to use Haven’s insurance because it’s easier to use it is self-explanatory and ultimately it takes away every stress possible from applying for insurance.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Haven Life made the process of applying for and purchasing life insurance so simple! I might have spent five minutes on the entire process from start to finish. The monthly premium amount is also substantially lower than other companies I had priced. This was a win on all fronts.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haven Life?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

This was an awful experience. I applied for a small amount of term life insurance to supplement my existing life policy. Haven Life's online application took me through the entire process - requiring ALL of my personal information including my name, social security number, date of birth etc. only to deny me coverage at the very end. They denied coverage because I will turn 65 soon. There was ample opportunity for Haven to terminate the application once they got my date of birth, but they waited until I had input all of my confidential information before turning me down. I find this bait and switch activity despicable and want to warn others to take care in entering their personal information especially if you're nearing age 65.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Every advertisement states no medical exam needed. I'm under 45 and healthy, just took an exam with a competitor, thought I would see my quote with a no exam company like advertised (literally everywhere) from Haven. I don't care about the time spent on the application, it's the highly sensitive info I gave during the process to make certain determinations, only to find I would need a medical exam anyway. Had they been upfront, anywhere in their advertisements, or on their site, that some folk may require an exam, I would have just passed. I just took an exam...defeats the purpose to take another and end up with same or similar quote.

Now, some kangaroo website/company has all my personal info - shame on me.....for falling for such a scam. I'm embarrassed and ashamed to fall for a 'no exam' life insurance company/quote and now I have to keep a heads-up for identity theft on top of it all. Don't fall for this stuff people. I would have given a zero if possible, forced to rate a one star.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Haven Life is advertised as a company that offers quick painless competitive online quotes. My experience: 6+ week process, medical exam, 25+ email and text requesting more information/asking more questions that were already answered in the application process. Receiving texts asking the same questions over and over again. My first quote of $165 jumped to $185 then $210 then $285 during a time that they had all of my information and no changes occurred. Truly disappointed with the disorganized communication and processing. Feeling suspicious that I fell for a Bait and Switch dishonest sales tactic.

Haven Life response

Hi Foster,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We take it very seriously and are reviewing your application experience so we can provide better service moving forward. Our customer relations team will also be reaching out to you directly.

The purpose of the application process for medically underwritten term life insurance is to collect relevant information on coverage eligibility. Having all relevant information allows the MassMutual underwriting team to make an accurate decision on coverage. At times, the information provided in the application materials alone is not quite enough for a confident decision to be based upon. In such situations, the underwriting team will reach out to the applicant via email with clarifying questions. We'll follow up with a reminder email every few days until the pending questions are answered, to ensure the application process keeps moving. We regret any inconvenience.

Based on information that comes to light during the underwriting process, the estimated cost for coverage is subject to change, depending on the specifics. Our mission is to make life less hard, and we're sorry to have lost your confidence in us.

If you have any additional feedback, we invite you to contact us directly at help@havenlife.com.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I wasn't immediately approved but during the wait they were very informative. They stayed in contact at intervals letting know why more information was needed, an approximate time in which I would have a response and an apology for the wait (separate emails). I was very impressed.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Applying with Haven Life was a simple process. At age 65, I didn't think it was possible to qualify for affordable life insurance. I was wrong. I qualified for $100,000 for $56/month! I did have to take an exam but that is understandable. Now I can rest easy knowing my family will be taken care of if something happens to me. Thank you Haven Life.

Haven Life Company Information