Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I've applied so many times with different companies only to be denied months later. Haven Life kept me updated every step of the way and even emailed me reminders for pending issues. I am so happy to finally have coverage and peace of mind.

I was delaying getting life insurance because of the long and manual process. Life insurance was the only type that you couldn't purchase online - you could do quotes, but everything else had to be completed in person and via paper. This is 2016! I then finally found Haven Life - it was a new company, but owned by Mass Mutual which is A+ rated. Plus the rates were less than all the other "brick & mortar" companies, and the signup process was super easy! 15 minute application, instant approval, amazing process! Definitely will recommend them and hope other insurance companies take light.

I apply my life insurance in Haven Life company and it is very reasonable price. Very easy to get approve and all their staff is very helpful and I recommend this company to all my friends and I am very glad to have one now.

Resolution In Progress

Haven Life

Hi Brian - thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience. We sincerely apologize for the frustrations regarding your policy decision. As a new company, we are constantly working on improving our process. I did want to let you know that we have addressed the issue with our underwriting team and are confident we can avoid situations like this in the future.

Sorry we let you down.

- Paya, Haven Life Customer Support

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Was provided initial quote based on my current health, and referred to a physical exam. This process took nearly a month. The physical supported the information provided on my application, basically that I am a type 1 diabetic with an A1C below 7.0. For those familiar, this is exceptional control, yet this is the reason I was denied coverage, and is the exact information provided on my application. Sure, it's their "right" to deny for any reason they want, but also our rights as consumers to call out companies that won't stand behind their marketing BS.

Both my wife and I signed up. The online process was fast, and their decision quick. She didn't require a medical exam, but I did; it was done quickly and efficiently at my home. Overall just a great experience compared to the usual agent method. I'd recommend Haven Life to anyone!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haven Life?

Seamless way to buy life insurance. If you are looking for a term policy, and don't want the hassle of having a blood draw and lab workup, this is the way to go. You can insure up to 1 million dollars for a 30 year term. Hopefully soon they will allow clients to stack multiple policies.

Haven Life

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your unfortunate incident. What you have described is far from the positive customer experience our company strives to provide.

One of our main goals as a company is to provide immediate decisions on applications with accurate quotes up front so we are sorry we weren't able to deliver on those aspects for you.

We would be happy to discuss your policy details with you directly. Please email us directly at: help@havenlife.com or call us at 1-855-744-2836.

Again, thank you telling us about your experience. As a new company we really value and appreciate the feedback you provided so we can ultimately avoid similar situations and truly bring buying life insurance into the 21st century.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

It took over a month for them to decide. In fact it took so long I had to resubmit another application because the original one expired. I had perfect lab exam results and in spite of that the amount I have to pay each month is more than a person with health issues. No explanation on why the premium is so much, even with perfect lab results.

I was very pleased with Haven Life. True to their word, I was approved and covered immediately. Scheduling the medical test was simple and, shortly thereafter, I received the results and got my insurance in place at the same premium I was initially offered.

Haven Life Company Profile