4.46/5
Based on 13 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Haven Life

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Haven Life created an easier and affordable option for buying term life insurance entirely online in minutes. With Haven Life's groundbreaking InstantTerm process, many qualified, healthy applicants can even finalize their coverage without the need for a medical exam - and without the need to pay more for the convenience. Haven Life is backed and wholly owned by MassMutual, a trusted life insurer with more than 160-years experience.

AMBestRating

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: May 24, 2017

13 Haven Life Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: May 23, 2017

I thought this process was efficient and pain free and I feel that I got the best policy for my needs. Came out exactly at the quoted rate. I would definitely recommend Haven Life. The required medical exam was set up so conveniently for me - they came to me at a time that was easy for me... Thank you!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: May 16, 2017

My husband and I recently had a baby and we decided to get term life insurance, Haven made this process effortless and efficient. They are professional, friendly and their email correspondence arrives in a timely and accurate format. I would definitely recommend this company to my family and friends.

Original review: April 26, 2017

The Haven Life online application process was simple and straightforward. I received a quick response and wonderful hand-holding from their customer service all the way through. The total time involved was minimal and moved forward efficiently. Scheduling the physical was easy too. I'm happy with my rate as well. Great process!

Original review: March 19, 2017

I apply my life insurance in Haven Life company and it is very reasonable price. Very easy to get approve and all their staff is very helpful and I recommend this company to all my friends and I am very glad to have one now.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Was provided initial quote based on my current health, and referred to a physical exam. This process took nearly a month. The physical supported the information provided on my application, basically that I am a type 1 diabetic with an A1C below 7.0. For those familiar, this is exceptional control, yet this is the reason I was denied coverage, and is the exact information provided on my application. Sure, it's their "right" to deny for any reason they want, but also our rights as consumers to call out companies that won't stand behind their marketing BS.

Haven Life response

Hi Brian - thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience. We sincerely apologize for the frustrations regarding your policy decision. As a new company, we are constantly working on improving our process. I did want to let you know that we have addressed the issue with our underwriting team and are confident we can avoid situations like this in the future.

Sorry we let you down.

- Paya, Haven Life Customer Support

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haven Life?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I've applied so many times with different companies only to be denied months later. Haven Life kept me updated every step of the way and even emailed me reminders for pending issues. I am so happy to finally have coverage and peace of mind.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Both my wife and I signed up. The online process was fast, and their decision quick. She didn't require a medical exam, but I did; it was done quickly and efficiently at my home. Overall just a great experience compared to the usual agent method. I'd recommend Haven Life to anyone!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Seamless way to buy life insurance. If you are looking for a term policy, and don't want the hassle of having a blood draw and lab workup, this is the way to go. You can insure up to 1 million dollars for a 30 year term. Hopefully soon they will allow clients to stack multiple policies.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

It took over a month for them to decide. In fact it took so long I had to resubmit another application because the original one expired. I had perfect lab exam results and in spite of that the amount I have to pay each month is more than a person with health issues. No explanation on why the premium is so much, even with perfect lab results.

Haven Life response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your unfortunate incident. What you have described is far from the positive customer experience our company strives to provide.

One of our main goals as a company is to provide immediate decisions on applications with accurate quotes up front so we are sorry we weren't able to deliver on those aspects for you.

We would be happy to discuss your policy details with you directly. Please email us directly at: help@havenlife.com or call us at 1-855-744-2836.

Again, thank you telling us about your experience. As a new company we really value and appreciate the feedback you provided so we can ultimately avoid similar situations and truly bring buying life insurance into the 21st century.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I was delaying getting life insurance because of the long and manual process. Life insurance was the only type that you couldn't purchase online - you could do quotes, but everything else had to be completed in person and via paper. This is 2016! I then finally found Haven Life - it was a new company, but owned by Mass Mutual which is A+ rated. Plus the rates were less than all the other "brick & mortar" companies, and the signup process was super easy! 15 minute application, instant approval, amazing process! Definitely will recommend them and hope other insurance companies take light.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I was very pleased with Haven Life. True to their word, I was approved and covered immediately. Scheduling the medical test was simple and, shortly thereafter, I received the results and got my insurance in place at the same premium I was initially offered.

Haven Life Company Information