Get a Quote

2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

4.8/5 (22 ratings)

About Lemonade Life

Lemonade offers life, homeowners, renters and pet insurance with a process powered by artificial intelligence. It offers a quick application process for term life insurance that eliminates the need for medical exams and long wait times. The company offers up to $1.5 million in coverage for 10-, 15-, 20-, 25- and 30-year term life insurance policies. Policy prices are based on coverage amount, term, location, lifestyle and health factors and are locked for the entire length of the term. Lemonade is available in every state except New York, and its prices start at $9 per month.

Pros

• Locked policy rates
  • 100% digital
  • No medical exam

Cons

• Must be under 60 to apply
  • Not available in New York

Bottom Line

Lemonade offers a fully digital life insurance process that doesn’t require an in-person medical exam. The company offers 10-, 15-, 20-, 25- and 30-year term life policies with rates starting as low as $9 a month, if approved.

What is Lemonade Life?

Lemonade Life is a fully regulated agency that offers term life insurance through North American Company for Life and Health Insurance™. It offers seamless term life policies that help protect your loved ones financially if you pass during your policy’s term. The company offers up to $1.5 million in coverage for 10-, 15-, 20-, 25- and 30-year term options.

How does Lemonade Life work?

Applying for term life insurance at Lemonade is quick and fully digital. Lemonade offers a 100% online process through its website and mobile app, with no need for in-person visits or medical exams. Those between the ages of 18 and 60 can apply by going to Lemonade’s website and chatting with a bot regarding their health, lifestyle and demographic information to get a price estimate.

People with histories of cancer, heart disease or life-threatening conditions may be ineligible for life policies. If approved, Lemonade will help you properly list your beneficiaries, and provide you with all of the information you’d need if something bad were to happen to you.

Lemonade offers 10-, 15-, 20-, 25- and 30-year term policies with locked rates, which means premium prices won’t change for the policyholder over the course of the policy term length. It helps cover you and your loved ones in the event that you pass for up to $1.5 million. You can cancel at any time and receive a full refund within 30 days of purchase. You can pay your premiums through a credit or debit card, and Lemonade charges the first month’s premium when your policy is finalized. Charges are automatically issued on a monthly basis.

Lemonade Life rates

Lemonade offers policies that can start as low as $9 a month. Individuals must be between 18 and 60 years of age to apply, and premiums are based on age, location, coverage amount, term policy and health and lifestyle factors. Factors that increase premiums can include whether you smoke or use drugs, your level of recreational and travel activity and family history of disease.

Go get a quick estimate, apply through Lemonade’s bot, Maya, who can answer your questions in about five minutes.

Lemonade Life FAQ

Is Lemonade Life good?
Yes. Lemonade offers a seamless term life insurance experience with a quick application process that eliminates the need for medical exams. Lemonade offers policies with up to $1.5 million in coverage, and prices start at $9 a month. Lemonade is also a public benefit corporation that expresses a commitment to the world and environment.
What kind of products does Lemonade Life offer?
Lemonade offers 10- , 15-, 20-, 25- and 30-year term life insurance policies with coverage up to $1.5 million for people between ages 18 and 60, and prices start at $9 a month if approved.
Will my Lemonade rates change over time?
No, your rates will be locked in over the course of the policy term once they’re approved.
What qualifications does Lemonade require?
Because policies offered by Lemonade do not require a medical exam, applicants are required to answer a series of questions about their medical history. People who potentially qualify for coverage offered by Lemonade tend to be in generally good health and don’t engage in high-risk activities, including drug and alcohol abuse or participating in dangerous sports.

Is Lemonade Life worth it?

Lemonade offers a quick application process and rates as low as $9 a month, which is an attractive option if you want to help guarantee your loved ones receive a lump sum of tax-free money (anywhere between $50,000 to $1.5 million) if you pass away during the policy term. The company is also a public benefit corporation, which makes an attractive option for those who prefer to work with civic-minded companies. If you’re looking for life insurance and prefer a digital experience, Lemonade is worth checking out.

Lemonade Life Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lemonade Life?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lemonade Life?

Original review: June 17, 2021

My experience buying life insurance via Lemonade was fantastic and easy. Originally, I received a quote from Guardian and they wanted a doctor letter, blah, blah, blah. Lemonade took my word for it. I had life insurance in less than 20 minutes of my time using Lemonade. That is why I highly recommend Lemonade over any other life insurance provider. Customer service comes first.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I’ve purchased term life insurance before with a traditional broker and they kept trying to upsell me. When I was expecting my next child I knew I needed to up my coverage and thought I would go with Lemonade. It was an easy process and it felt nice to purchase an amount that my family needed without someone trying to sell fear. Hopefully I never experience the payout side of life insurance with Lemonade. But if it’s anything like the sign up process I know my family will be okay.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I purchased a $500K 10-year term life policy in about 20 minutes. Compared to buying a policy at a traditional insurer, it was a great experience with competitive rates. I didn't have to deal with anyone trying to sell me something that I don't need and was able to complete the transaction from the convenience of my home.

Original review: June 9, 2021

I obtained a $500k 30 year term policy without an exam in a matter of minutes. My needs were time sensitive, and I had been denied immediate coverage or found costs prohibitive from three other companies that day alone. My policy is backed by a long standing and reputable provider that I trust. Thanks to Lemonade my family is protected in the worst of times. Thank you!

Original review: June 8, 2021

They have the easiest app and process and the best prices. They make insurance a breeze, unlike all other brands. The service is excellent, and you can adjust your coverage any time in the app and get real time updates on the changes to the price. I can't find anyone in my area to beat their price/coverage. Don't wait. Just do it.

Original review: June 18, 2021

It was super easy deciding on my life insurance, as far as my term! Also your account is very easy to manage! Thank you very much for allowing me to be covered. It was definitely a pleasure doing business this way and in the future!

Original review: June 18, 2021

Getting a new life insurance policy was so simple I almost couldn’t believe it. After actually going through the process of trying to find life insurance using a different online life insurance comparison tool and finding that process to be long and arduous, getting set up with Lemonade was a complete breeze.

Original review: June 18, 2021

Super easy, and no headaches! Highly recommend Lemonade!!! It only took 15 minutes to get everything done. The easy payment options are simple, auto bill your credit card and it's done. If anything goes wrong (which happened) they send an email for you to update your payment information. Super simple!!!

Original review: June 17, 2021

Super fast and easy registration and approval. My 20 year policy from an old company had expired and I dreaded having to go through the process again which last time was very time consuming and invasive. Lemonade made it so easy it was fantastic.

Original review: June 17, 2021

By far the easiest, most efficient insurance experience I've ever had! The ability to accomplish the application, the underwriting process and even to change my beneficiary all electronically was exactly what I wanted. I've purchased other life insurance policies before and this one took about 1/10th of the time.

Original review: June 16, 2021

We chose Lemonade originally because of its ethical investment choices (especially not having money in big oil), but that is only one benefit. From a purely practical standpoint, Lemonade sticks out for being super easy to use and comprehend. Unlike so much else in insurance, it's clear what is under the hood.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I was shopping for term life insurance and Lemonade was simple and easy to use. I was able to purchase and review different options online. I liked the interface and the pricing was similar if not better than other sites.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I was very impressed with the efficiency and ease of adding a life insurance policy through Lemonade. No medical check-up and a simple application process with almost instantaneous results. This is insurance 2.0. Very glad to see this new take on an old industry. I will be buying more products from Lemonade.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I had been shopping around for affordable insurance and I finally found Lemonade! The application was so simple and the whole experience was pleasant and smooth! I would highly recommend Lemonade for your insurance needs and am so glad I found them. A+!

Original review: June 10, 2021

Sends sensitive documents containing social security numbers, birthdates, etc… on unsecured email correspondence. When I notified their team, they ignored me. As a result, I still have unprocessed beneficiary documents. Terrible practices that require outside oversight, as this company simply ignores its obligations to do the right thing.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I never thought getting insurance would so easy, but Lemonade has accomplished that. Was looking for Term life and not only was Lemonade the best priced insurance, it was the easiest to get. Looking forward to moving more of my insurance needs to Lemonade.

Original review: June 10, 2021

Very easy to use. Obviously signed up thinking I would never need to use this then a week later I was submitting a claim. Was very pleasantly surprised how easy it was to submit a claim in get paid. Awesome Company.

Original review: June 9, 2021

Too good to be true. Fair rate, and simple sign up process. Highly recommend to folks that want a simple and technology oriented way to do business. I was impressed of how easy it was to sign up. This is the future.

Original review: June 8, 2021

Lemonade was easy to use, and gave a price for equal coverage that compared favorably with other companies that required a lot more paperwork. I would recommend Lemonade to others for Life Insurance. I have not tried their other products and have no experience with claims.

Original review: June 7, 2021

Easy from start to finish and a fair price considering this. Seems like good coverage, with a term policy that goes a bit past 65. Super easy application process for sure, with no exam required. Worth signing up with Lemonade for sure!

Original review: June 4, 2021

Quick and easy! I was just looking around for quotes but Lemonade was so easy I went full send. After buying term life insurance I even bought some stock also! If I can trust this company with my life insurance for the next 30 years then it seems like a solid invest in more ways than one!

Original review: June 3, 2021

The application process with Lemonade could not have been easier. I was insured within 15 minutes tops. I put in my information, answered some basic health questions and went about my busy day. It takes weeks and invasive medical exams with any other company. Would recommend this for anyone!

Lemonade Life Company Information