2. Homeowners
Kirby Vacuum Cleaners

Kirby Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

4.0/5 (287 ratings)

About Kirby Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

For nearly one-hundred years, The Kirby Company has manufactured superior, American-made home cleaning systems. Kirby does not sell directly to the public but continues a long tradition of distributing its home cleaning systems through independent distributors, who are responsible for running their own businesses. Over the years, this distribution system has afforded thousands of men and women the opportunity to live the American dream of owning and operating their own businesses.

Kirby Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirby Vacuum Cleaners?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirby?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I enjoy my Kirby and have had it about 22 years now. I bought it directly from a dealer and it's been helpful to me in so many ways; inside my home, cleaning my car, garage, etc. It's durable and heavy, but provides a quality level of clean I feel confident in.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Kirby has always been the superior vacuum source. Why? The vacuum is cleans and shampoos well. It was the first to have superior dust bags and it still hold true today. It is quite heavy, however it is an all in one. Shampoo and vacuum.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I bought my Kirby approximately 12 years ago this is my second Kirby vacuum. I am a total believer of this vacuum. I have never had any problems that I can’t fix myself. I love that I can order the parts on Amazon. I have been blessed. The only thing I ever had to replace is the belt and of course the bags. I have been able to shampoo my floors because I purchased the extra parts.

Original review: May 1, 2021

My parents Bought a Kirby in 1988 and after seeing the quality that’s all I every wanted. I Bought my Kirby G4 in 1994 and still runs today as new. I wouldn’t own any other brand. Excellent product, built to last and still use mine today on Kirby Enthusiast channel on YouTube.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

If you appreciate a well built, engineered product and never plan on buying a vacuum again for the rest of your life, then a Kirby is for you. My Kirby has the power to literally lift my rug off the floor, it makes our lesser plastic vacuums look pathetic in terms of suction and air volume. Nothing cleans like a Kirby.

While it looks heavy, in reality it is made of cast aluminum and is light.. a little Noxon metal polish takes care of outward blemishes and the self propelled transmission makes navigation easy.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

These 3 salesman came into our home while I was at work and my wife is here alone and they invited their self into our bedroom and around our house and even into our backyard. Not knowing if they are scoping our home out. So now I've got to sleep armed not knowing if anything could come of it or if I'm just being paranoid. Just a very weird situation and I have a family to look after.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

We have an older model that has been amazing, and we recently purchased a new one. We have had it less than 90 days and it started having problems. I called the company for support and after sitting on hold almost an hour I was told to "take it to the closest service center". No one did any type of troubleshooting or asked any questions about what might be wrong. They just direct me to have it look at it. They don't cover diagnostic cost or labor to fix it. Its limited 3yr warranty only covers parts that are manufacture default.

So now I get to waste time trying to get a $1000+ vacuum fixed, when if I would have just purchased a new one from almost anywhere else I could just go exchange it. Also, my sales rep told me they have a "great inexpensive lifetime rebuild program." When I called on it we decided against it since it would have cost me as much as buying a new refurbished one by the time I paid shipping and fees. Not to mention I was quoted 3-4 MONTHS before it would be returned.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

It's bulky and hard to maneuver. I had it repaired more than once. I have not been able to use it for a period of time. It is supposed to be a carpet cleaner as well and I have not been able to use that feature.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I've had my Kirby for 30 years and it still works great. My son can't believe it still works. He says it's only one year younger than I am. I tell her him, when I die you can have it. It will be a antique.

Original review: July 31, 2021

We have had our vacuum cleaner for more than 20 years and have had virtually no problems other than normal wear. It has all of the attachments and has been used to clean carpets as well. 5 stars for this one.

Kirby author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The Kirby Company is a division of the Scott Fetzer Company, which was founded in 1914. It is named after Jim Kirby, who designed the company's early vacuum cleaners.

• Scheduled demonstrations: Potential buyers can schedule demonstrations to help them decide whether they want to own Kirby vacuums.

• Useful tools: Kirby home care systems have tools that let them convert into everything from air pumps to carpet shampoo systems.

• Customer service: Kirby offers a wide range of customer services, including online how-to videos and phone support.

• Limited warranty: All Kirby vacuums come with three-year limited warranties.

• Maintenance services: Rebuild and maintenance services are available to lengthen the life of Kirby vacuums.

Kirby Vacuum Cleaners Company Information