Kirby Vacuum Cleaners

For nearly one-hundred years, The Kirby Company has manufactured superior, American-made home cleaning systems. Kirby does not sell directly to the public but continues a long tradition of distributing its home cleaning systems through independent distributors, who are responsible for running their own businesses. Over the years, this distribution system has afforded thousands of men and women the opportunity to live the American dream of owning and operating their own businesses.

Experience has taught us that customers prefer to try our premium cleaning systems in their own homes before purchasing. Customer satisfaction is our top priority. If customers have any questions or concerns regarding the in-home demonstrations of Kirby cleaning systems or the cleaning systems themselves, please email us at consumer@kirbywhq.com, or call us at 800-494-8586, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., EST.

Compare Vacuums

Research top Vacuums recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

2 Sales Rep showed up in my house. They gave me this Clothes Stain Remover said it's a gift and they only want a review about the product and they've been handing out these to my neighbors. So I took it because it's free anyways and they told me they'll be back in 5mins. So I thought they wanted me to use it right away and just let them know how the product was. So 5 mins later they came back and carrying this huge boxes and just came inside my house no permission and went straight to living room!!! So I found out this was a ** Kirby Vacuum demo! I was freaking shocked!

So this guy told us already that he wants to go to Vegas so before he even started the demo he called a lady and said that if she can register him to Vegas!!!

So before he started the demo he asked me what product do I have for vacuum and if I can grab it really quick to show him so I said NO. He asked me the 3rd ** time. I said No and when he saw my husband he asked my husband to get it. I was mad! This person doesn't respect the people in my place and me! So I wasn't happy and told them already if how long is it gonna take because my husband have an appointment at 6:30pm! So this guy said "Why do I need to help my husband for his eye appointment? Am I going to assist him?" Like are you ** kidding me?!!! Always say inappropriate joke!

I keep telling these guys our appointment but he seemed that he didn't care! So I was mad already then he assembled this smaller one and said that one is good for mattresses! So he suddenly got up and heading to our master's bedroom with no permission and not even asking me! He was already on the stairs and I shouted that they need to leave and we don't really want any strangers going in our house especially bedroom! And told them it was my mistake to let them in! So he said "Why are you hiding something? Is there a dead body in your bedroom?" Wtf! This is a crazy person!!! Told them at this moment that I'm not getting any of their products and he said I was the 1st person who said that and my neighbor bought 2 already... So I am???? And told them that our appt is at 6:30 and my husband was mad too because he's been waiting for me outside so we were arguing already because of these people!

It was already 6:20 and he even put a lot of baking powder in my carpet then used my vacuum to remove it!!!! I was like crazy mad. And they intentionally packing their stuffs really slow so we will be late on our appointment so they can stay!!!! Then while he packs up he asks me about which vacuum am I going to buy in the market like nothing crazy is happening! He officially ruined my day off!!! I'm not going to say anything bad about the other guy (** guy) because he didn't do anything wrong / he even said nothing. He was just standing there and help him clean up! But this ** Guy is crazy! I don't have anything good to say about him! He is just crazy!

There was a lady who called me so many times to make a demo for this product, I gave them a chance to show us what kind of product they are offering. Me and my husband was so amazed to the item they offered installment basis, they offered free training. After we signed the contract and got the item, they promised to give us a training the following day. This lady came to us and show what are the use that product. I requested her to send someone for proper training since there is cd inside the package. She said there are someone who's in charge for proper training.

It was November 2015 since we got the item. I've been calling them for that request, unfortunately no one came. I called their customer service number but they keep promising they will send someone. We try to used the machine without our full knowledge of the product coz it's 13thousand dirhams. Their product has a lot of usage that's why we are requesting a proper training but they never grant our request.

Then I called the office again to request for purchasing of shampoo so and a training again. There was 1 guy name Jazon who came over to bring the shampoo for 100dhs. I told this guy to come to my requested date so he can train me as well for that machine. He said just pay the shampoo and he will come back in the requested date.

I change my weekly off just for that training. Then 10 am I was trying to call him his phone was switch off so I decided to call the office. They said that maybe he's on his way, but unfortunately no one came. The next day I called the guy he said they are close at that time. He didn't know that I called their office to ask where is he. I was so shocked because those people are always fooling. Always playing around. What can I expect from saleslady to their manager???

Then after 1 year November 2016 this guy Jazon came to my place because I requested again and again for proper training. After 1 year of waiting he came over to grant our request, I was about to open our DVD player for the cd so it's easy for us to know how it the machine use, but shockingly he said "excuse me I can give maximum 10 mins of my time for this training coz I have so many clients to attend." Imagine after 1 year of waiting he never grant our request for the training and he was very rude in front of our 2 boys which is 4yrs and 2yrs old, to think that we are the customer. We were so disappointed, sad to say they will call us for payment and it's always been payment in advance but the service they are offering was so disgusting, so annoying and so disappointed.

One of my friend also from Abu Dhabi return the item after paying almost 9 thousand dirhams because of their very bad service. I want to sue them. I went to police to file a complaint for this company who's doing this kind of business. I hope this company in UAE will close because they are sucks. They don't have knowledge about customer service, they know only how to sell but they don't know how to keep their promise. Every time I see this Kirby Vacuum I felt cheated. If only I can turn back time I will not buy this disgusting product. Imagine for 13 thousand dirhams we cannot use the product. I will post the add in Dubizzle or Facebook not to buy this kind of item here in UAE. They have a very bad customer service. On June 2017 we completed our payment that's why they never called us because this is their work. To fool people for their business. I will definitely go to police and sue them.

My daughter came over today to share her experience with Kirby and their reps. They offer to clean a room or area for free. That's their "demo". So this guy comes in to clean the living room and couch. First, he has to clean the vacuum and asked for a knife. What? Then he tries to get my daughter to let him in her bedroom. Luckily, her roommate is home and they argue the guy back into the living room. Then the sales pitch. My daughter says no as she already knows how much this Kirby cost ($3,000). He pressures her. She says no, several times. Instead of leaving, he argues, curses, and threatens her! Says he knows where she lives! She calls the cops. He bolts. My daughter tells the officer what happened, what the guy looks like, etc. He says he'll be back. When the officer returns, he tells her that yes, the guy's a Kirby rep, he's with other guys and they were on their way to Elko, deciding to stop off and sell some vacuums.

He warned the guy not to come back or the officer, personally, would arrest him and put him in jail. He DID threaten someone. My daughter also tried to contact Kirby, at two different numbers. NEVER talked to a human being ONCE! Even tried every button and only listened to the auto bot. I do have a Kirby and felt pressured into buying it but after 10 years, I love it!

Other Kirby reps have come to my house to try and get me to upgrade but I always say no and have not had anyone be rude or threatening. I have stopped letting them in my house, now with good reason, I guess. I tell them no thanks, I have one, don't want a new one and will contact you if I have any problems, which so far hasn't happened. Kirby needs to up their game as far as their reps though. Sounds like they will hire just anyone and their customer service gets an F. I sent them an email, detailing all of the above and telling them they seriously need improvement, maybe not with their vacuum cleaners but with the people hired to sell them.

We just had a demo for 4 hours tonight. He said it won't take much of our time. My husband asked can these guys do a demo, they said it won't take long. Honestly I was impressed by the demo. We did pay full price but we're quoted they were originally 3,000.00 so we were getting a military price being active duty. Then realized it wasn't. I am not fond of the lying part. Mostly I'm upset about the fact the Kirby that was demonstrated was in an old used up Kirby box torn in corners and the equipment they gave us is used from previous shows he said. He literally said it was from the neighbors before us but he lied because the equipment we had paid for was filthy and dry in the receptacle. We had not noticed that part until he had already left.

When I asked for shampoo for the carpets, which was initially told they were doing and never did, he said all he had one this, and it was an empty 8 oz pop bottle filled a 1/4 of the way with sudsy water. I asked him for a distributors bottle and he said he didn't have it. He was really trying to race out of the house and I asked him if we have everything he looked and shuffled all the pieces in the tattered box and said yup. This was not new equipment and did not make it clear we were purchasing old equipment for $2,200.

As he ran out of the house his reasoning he had to catch up with his boss. I immediately checked to see if all the equipment was there from the instruction Manual that tells what comes with it and we were lacking pieces. We honestly felt like we had purchased old equipment with parts missing and then coming on here showed us not only that we paid almost 3,000.00 when we thought we got the military discount, and people on here bought one for less than 1,000.00! The most infuriating thing is we didn't get all the parts that go with it. Are all the Kirby sold USED? I guess that is my real question. He laughed when I said can I have a new one with a new box? He told me that is not how it works, with a chuckle.

Had a couple Kirby salespeople stop by the house today. The guy handed me a bottle of some cleaner, saying that was how they advertised, then asked me if I'd ever heard of the "Avalir". When I said no, all of a sudden, they'd gotten one (it's a vacuum, turns out), and he was inviting himself inside our house for a demonstration. The tech would do it. Usually I'll say no, but he said they'd get $50 if they did the demonstration. I figured, "What's the harm? 15-20 minutes and they get $50 for it, even if I don't buy? Cool." The tech was very nice and did her job great while the guy went on somewhere else. She was new, but we didn't have any real problems talking with her or anything.

However, the demonstration took THREE HOURS. I had today off for the first time in two weeks, and was very excited to just relax, but that's three hours.

But sure, the vacuum worked great. Our rug and couch are extremely clean. We'd just bought a decent vacuum, and the Avalir performed better than it. We figured if the Avalir was under $300 we might consider it, at least. Nope. The vacuum is $3000, not including tax.

No consumer vacuum is worth that much money. It performed well, but I wouldn't have pegged it for over $500, max. Maybe good for commercial cleaners, but no way am I spending that much money on a vacuum ever. Again, this isn't a review against the demonstrator herself. She was very personable and earnest, and we liked her. But Kirby needs to rethink how it sets up its demos. I looked for a place to leave a review, and turns out, a lot of reviews are saying the same thing. That is a lot of time that I wish I could get back on my day off, and I know others feel similarly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirby?

Recently seller came to my house and offered me to clean one room for free. I refused, but seller was so persistence (It will take only 30 minutes or less) that I gave up and allow him to clean one room. Actually he show his vacuum cleaner Kirby. It worked very well but when he told me price $3000 I refused to buy it. Only one today offer - $2587.67 I refused. Another seller came. They both try to convince me about saving if I will buy their cleaner. I did not want to be rude and ask them just Get Out! It took almost 3 hours marathon conversation. They show me over and over advantage of Kirby cleaner. That it is lifetime warranty. If in a 10, 20, 50 years cleaner will be broken they will replace it for $75 with new one. That with just one call if I will have a question, their representative come to my house and solve any problem I have. If I use cleaner lady, they will come and explain her how to use cleaner.

These sellers were so good and I was so stupid that finally I bought cleaner. When they left I realized that it was bad decision. By the way when they left they took my vacuum cleaner. I called them immediately and request to take their Kirby back and to return my vacuum. They came next day and returned my cleaner. It took another hour to convince me about advantage of Kirby. But that time I was strong. They promise to refund money within a week. Today is one month passed, no refund. I called many times to local Henderson representative. No reply. I called RJP Enterprises (Palm Spring, CA) - no reply. This is not all.

One of my neighbor, (she is mentally incapable to make decision) also bought Kirby cleaner. When I asked her what did she buy? She actually have no idea about this purchase. Her daughter from CA request to take Kirby cleaner back. They took it but did not return her vacuum cleaner. And so far no refund. These Kirby sellers target mostly retirement community and prey on old and incapable persons. Be aware! I am not suggesting you to buy Kirby cleaner or not. It will be your decision, just told you my bad experience.

I am a young housewife new to my area. When a woman approached my door offering a free carpet cleaning like several of my other neighbors I agreed. Moments later a man, let's call him Earl came in and introduced me to Kate. He told me this was Kate's first time on her own and he would be leaving her to clean my carpet. She did a great job. She explained the product very well. Demonstrated everything and impressed very well. She started by vacuuming using little white disk which are now all over my house. After about an hour she hands me the payment sheet and at that moment I knew this was not the tool for me. 3,000.00 for a vacuum. That's a car, NO vacuum is worth that. That's when I started reading reviews. I made up my mind that this is not the product for me. But hey I was offered a FREE CLEANING so I let her continue.

Another hour passed and Earl returns trying his best to sell this thing to me. "Don't I want the best?" "What about a payment plan?" "Well, Why not?" My answer was still no. He then looks at Kate and says "So you can pack this stuff up. I have to get back to my other house." Where was my free shampooing? Scam. Scam. SCAM! Do NOT buy this vacuum!

Seen the ** van headed up my drive on my security camera. Looked old and decrepit. Also leaking oil on my concrete. Knock on my door. Some 18-year-old girl who may as well pulled her clothes out of an NYC dumpster standing on my patio. Offers me a roll of cheap garbage bags? I don't know. Threw it in the trash after she left but anyways... "My company is new in this county and we're offering free carpet or hardwood floor cleaning in a room of your choice." Not interested. "If you accept I can win a vacation to Anchorage, Alaska for 3 whole days!" How long will this take? "30 minutes."

So I invite her in and right away I noticed her dirty disgusting pair of Vans she had on and told her to leave them at the door. "You won't have to worry about dirty shoes in your house ever again sir after what I'm about to show you!" Seemed so scripted. Then a knock at the door. I opened the door and there stood some dude who looked as though he hated life with a Kirby vacuum. At this point I knew what was happening. Big mistake on my part but whatever.

So they set it up, kept talking about how amazing this behemoth was. Don't really care. Asked me where the woman of the house was to which I replied that she's somewhere far from here, luckily. He thought that was funny. So he leaves in his van, "high-level clients". Yeah whatever. Don't care. She requests to vacuum my hardwood floors with my vacuum. Sure, knock yourself out. She then uses the Kirby vacuum in the same spot and right away points out how amazing this vacuum is compared to the pile of heaping trash my wife and I use all because it picked up some hair? I don't know. Still don't care. Told her to cut to the chase. How much? "$2,400 with available financing." Nope. "But sir this is an amazing vacuum that will work wonders on those pesky dust mites and hair. Did you know that dust mites crap in your mouth and eyes?" Nope. Don't care.

So this presentation went on for an hour. She ended up getting the price down to 1,000. I told her if that vacuum isn't worth 2,400 l, it sure isn't worth a 1,000. Please get out. "Can I at least show you the shampooing side of things?" On what? My door mat? Nope. Not interested. Wouldn't pay 1 grand for a vacuum in my lifetime. She then starts in on how I don't care about my health or more importantly my wife's health because our vacuum doesn't rid dust that cause asthma and other illness. Still don't care. I grabbed her vacuum and all the silly attachments and set it in my sunroom while she was using my restroom. She comes back out upset that I moved her vacuum outside my house and into the sunroom. Told her she had 2 minutes to vacate or I will call the police. So she pleads with me to have her boss talk to me. She doesn't want to get fired and she really wants that trip to Anchorage. Don't give a damn.

So she finally grabbed the vacuum out of my sun room and boxed it on my patio. Her boss picked her up and they left. I know how this looks. Yeah I'm a ** whatever. She would not take no for an answer during the 1.5 hours she was here. Insulting my Shark vacuum and mine and my wife's cleanliness. Saying I don't care for my health. Really? Not to mention she dressed very unprofessional and looked like a rat. Same with her boss. Sorry. If you want me to buy a vacuum even for 500, you've better look the role of a decent salesman and persuade me into buying it without insulting myself or my belongings. Yeah, and that oil stain in my driveway from that scum mobile pissed me off as well.

My experience was fine except the salesman Mark ** rushed the sale, did not finish the demo, his trainee used my bathtub to clean the shampooer attachment and left a bad mess in the tub, told me the total was $2495.00 but did not mention the $980.00 in interest, suggested that I embellish my income and took the spray attachment cleaner canister with him.

After he left, I had to finish the rug he promised to finish. I called 208 490 3077 the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd business day got answering machine and left my number. No callback. I filmed my calling Magic Valley Home Care Investments, expressed my regrets and desire to back out of the agreement and told them to bring back my $200.00 down payment to get their product back and that I am changing my bank account so nothing can be deducted. Federal law allows me to change my mind within 3 business days. I consider this very statement to make the agreement I signed officially null and void.

Before today I had never heard of Kirby, and Kirby salespeople have officially ruined my weekend and caused me more stress during an already stressful time. A man came to my door and said he was promoting a new cleaning company in my town. He said that he did all my neighbors' carpets and that they would shampoo one room of my carpet for free. So I said yes. Then he left. Two other men came with a huge box. The guy made me vacuum the carpet with my own vacuum, then he vacuumed it with the Kirby vacuum, to prove how "good" the Kirby one was. Then he showed me other stuff for 2 hours!

I was so bored and tired of listening to this man trying to sell me a $2,500 vacuum. I told him "No, I don't have the money. I just bought a new house." He kept lowering the prices, kept saying just sign here. When I asked him why I would sign anything because I was not interested, he told me to go ahead and do it. That he will just leave it here and it's easy to return. I have 3 days. Then he begged me, because he wanted to win a trip to Virginia. Then he made me feel awful about not buying a vacuum. Then he lowers his price to $638 for a different model of the Kirby. He wouldn't take no for an answer, so after 2 hrs. of him being manipulative trying to make me buy the vacuum, I finally did. Then he told me that I really took him for all he has and that I was a good negotiator. (Turning the tables on me, when I didn't was not interested in the vacuum.)

He never finished shampooing all of my carpet, he only did a small section! Then I look at the vacuum cleaner he left me and it's dirty, has scratches, and looks refurbished. He never told me this was a refurbished vacuum. I was not prepared to deal with manipulative "don't take no for answer" playing with your emotions person. Now I just feel disgusted with people. Which I mean honestly the vacuum cleaner does a decent job cleaning, but it's got too many options in which I will never use. The shampooer on it sucks. I don't vacuum enough to spend this much on a vacuum cleaner. I am going to try to return it within return policy, but I have a feeling it will not be easy.

Yesterday at 4:30 my doorbell rang. A young lady gave me a container of Clorox wipes and asked if she could vacuum my carpet, one room. She said she got points for college if she vacuumed. I said yes (Yes, I'm stupid!). She came in with a box and her supervisor followed with a box. They proceeded to praise me about my house (Of course! It's a gorgeous house!) and asked what kind of vacuum I had. I told them I had a Kirby. They stopped. "What model?" "Avatar? Avalir? Avalanche? I don't remember. Do you want to see it?" And I brought it out of the closet. It was the same model they were putting together. "OH! When did you get it?" "Within the year." "Oh, well, then..." and they packed up their boxes and picked up the Clorox wipes and left. They didn't vacuum my carpet, even just one room.

I don't mind people trying to sell things. I would like honesty. I had bought the Kirby from two young men doing the same sort of thing, but they said they wanted to show me the Kirby. They were honest and upfront and I appreciate that. Don't tell me you want to vacuum my carpet and don't vacuum my carpet. I guess I won't be letting salespeople in my house unless they are girls selling cookies.

Today I had the most unpleasant experience dealing with a salesperson from Kirby Vacuum Cleaners. The doorbell rang and I proceeded to look out the window to see if someone was outside and to tell if I should open the door. I am not the owner of the house, as I'm the daughter (keep in mind). I didn't see anyone, so I thought it was just a package being delivered. Unfortunately, when I opened the door, there was a lady, and I stepped out to get my dogs to stop barking. She proceeded to ask about whether or not I was the head of the household which I said no. The lady then proceeded to speak very quickly about Kirby Vacuums and how they would clean one room for free and how my neighbors (listed them by name) also let them clean their stairways. I'm a nice person, so I has I hesitantly said sure they can clean a carpet and then she asked me to bring back my vacuum too and I was like... Okay?

I was thinking it would be at a different time than today since I'm sick. She then went away and brought back her friend, Mortez or something like that and they brought the stupid vacuum with them. She then proceeded to leave the house and left with me some random dude in my house who proceeded to NOT clean my stairs, but clean 5 of them and a corner of the living room by pouring baking soda as a comparison to my own vacuum. He was there for 3 FLIPPING HOURS (not exaggerating) because I told them I was not the head of household and I did not have the money to buy a new vacuum since I'm a broke college student. They said they could speak to my mom when she got home and I told them she wouldn't be back until between 5 and 7. They said they'd come back if I gave them a call and they left the vacuum here at my house so I was forced to call.

I then immediately spoke to my mom and she told me to call back immediately. I did that and I called and told the lady to come back and take their vacuum because my mom did NOT want the vacuum. She quickly said she'd call back and then didn't and then came back at 4:30 and asked if whatever his name was could finish his demonstration so he could be paid his $30. I said fine thinking it would take 30 minutes and he proceeded to count the number of stupid dirty pads he lined up in my house to make sure he had enough. He then soaked the hardwoods because he didn't know which pad to use. And then the lady came back to tell him he was using the wrong one and then went over the same 7 ft area of the hardwoods of my house for 10 minutes. She then told the guy to clean up the extra water and then clean the vacuum and she left.

He then proceeded to spend THIRTY FLIPPING MINUTES putting the vacuum into the stupid box by spending 10 minutes wiping down the stupid vacuum with a paper towel. The lady finally came back as he wiped down the vacuum and she said to stop trying to waste time to wait for my mom and pack it up and she's ready when he was. (In other words, she admitted to me she was wasting my time so she could until my mom got home). They were here for a total of 3 hours and to top it all off, she asked me how much I thought a vacuum costed and I said about $500 (which is cheaper than a Dyson for crying out loud) and she said, "Are you crazy?" Like I was an idiot.

She spoke to me saying that it would insane for that type of equipment to be $500 because it was a 13 in 1 machine and it picked up so much more dirty and blah blah blah. She then said it was $1100 or $41 payments for like 36 months which is still like $1400 dollars. FOR A VACUUM. The lady was rude when I assumed that a vacuum should be a reasonable amount and she was rude by wasting my time. If I could give them a -100 stars, I would. What a waste of 3 flipping hours.

I totally agree with most of the reviews about the salespeople and the demonstrations. As far as the quality of the product, I can state emphatically that they are the easiest and simplest to repair. I purchased the Classic III in 1976 and it still runs and performs like new. I have since purchased 10 other Kirbys on the internet (eBay, etc.). I have 2 Heritage II Legends, 1 Generation 3 my mother had, 3 Generation 5s, and my latest purchase, an Ultimate G Diamond with the attachments for $50.00. (No this is not a typo) Fifty dollars. It just needed a little TLC and it works beautifully. The other vacuums I purchased for friends at their request. They are a little heavy (I'm 72 years old) but the Generation and up series have the tech drive that makes it effortless to push around.

I was pressured into a "free carpet cleaning" which turned into three hours of me declining the purchase. Finally I gave in and was surprisingly financed. Well due to unforeseen circumstances I can no longer use a vacuum and asked Arjon ** to pick up the vacuum. I received a condescending and unprofessional voice mail from him that evening. I highly recommend a Kirby vacuum. It is a high quality top of the line product. I do not recommend buying directly from Kirby, however. They are shady, and the unit is overpriced. I would recommend buying from Amazon or walmart.com.

I unwittingly allowed 3 strangers into my home. I don't know why I did this. They asked if I would give an honest opinion of a product (after trying to lure me in with some free comet), I said, "sure" thinking they were going to tell me about something. They literally ran to their van (two men) and came back with the vacuum system. I should have stopped them then, but I did not and I have no idea why. Only one man stayed while the other ran back to the van and drove off. Weird. My heart sank, what have I done.

The sales pitch went on for 2 hours. Seriously. At least my kids had a blast. He did the side by side test with my vacuum. I was almost fooled, as his little thing picked up a bunch after I used my vacuum... I later realized that the guy "cleaned" my area rug, but had to go over it about 600 times before it stopped picking up junk. Tonnes of junk. Now... I know that means I have a dirty house, but it also means the results from the side by side comparison weren't all that amazing now either. Just a thought on marketing. He really made me think it was great, but that's suspect.

Into hour 2 he finally got to the price. $2,700!!! WHAT??? But since he could win some random trip by selling this vacuum, all expense paid (because I really want to finance this) he was going to give it to me for $2,400. Nope. Sorry. Called some random someone who gave him the go ahead to bring the price down to $1800. Nope. Sorry. Called again. What, she's not a sucker? Ok, another person is coming to try to convince you to buy this thing. This guy knew I wasn't buying anything but he didn't want to get in trouble or something. Marketing? So he set it up all nice for me to look at with all the dirt from my floor lined up on pads.

Different guy comes and tries to convince me that I have to have this vacuum to have a clean house and it's not just a vacuum, it's a whole cleaning system. Nope, sorry. Calls random someone again and says things like, "I know she's crazy but can you give her a better deal? WHAT? SERIOUSLY? Ok, I'll talk to her and call you back." Comes down to $1,300. Then $1,000. No. I don't want it. Yes, I will say no to a deal I can't turn down. Finally ends at $800. Nope. Sorry. Earlier I had told them that $300 was my max that I'd spend on a vacuum. By the end he said, "So you'd buy it today if I told you $300." Nope, not now, sorry after that runaround. I just want to know the lowest price off the bat. "Ok, well..." They finally left.

If they are willing to start it at $2,700 and shave off $2,000, you know they are ripping you off and we hadn't even looked at any contract stuff. This company is a joke. How can you trust how great it is when you can't truly compare and when they can drop the price like that and still be making money? The man who actually did the demonstration wasn't super pushy and was nice enough, but the 3rd guy who came in was very rude and unprofessional, and honestly a bad actor. He was willing to say I was an idiot because I wouldn't pay an outrageous price and tried to make me feel bad that this dude may not get an all expense paid trip because of me. Nope, sorry. Please, If it's a great product it will sell itself. If not don't push it on me by using such foolish tactics. That makes me want to go out of my way to promote others to not buy the product.

Everything with them is terrible. The salesman gave me a fake number for himself and his boss. I've been trying to reach them for customer service for over 4 months with no reply. I'm out $1,300 for a useless piece of crap at this point. To be honest, it never really cleaned better than any other vacuum. They just have deceitful people that go house to house to sell a lie. If I could give anyone considering buying one a piece of advice... Never even let them in your door. You will regret it.

We've had this vacuum for over a year now costing us around $1500. Can you believe that? $1500 just for vacuum. Goodness, that can buy my daughter all her books for a year in college. Not just that, but the salespeople were aggressive. The guy who came to do the demo smelled like alcohol. So unprofessional! We rarely use the vacuum as it is heavy. How is this company still alive with all the negative reviews here? KIRBY VACUUM WILL ONLY IMPRESS YOU ONCE AND ONCE YOU PURCHASE YOU'LL REALIZE HOW INCONVENIENT THEY ACTUALLY ARE. This is a ripoff. This company needs to go bankrupt. What a waste.

We had a salesman show us the new Kirby. My daughter wanted to buy the new one but her credit was not good enough. I had an old model that was too heavy for me now so the sales person I thought I could trust said he knew a dealer who could sell it for me. So needless to say I have not seen or heard from them since and he won't answer my call. Can you help me or should I call the police? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I just had a Kirby demonstration. The price started at $1899.99. Then 1399.99 then 1250.00, finally 1000.00. I was shown a blank contract. All I needed to do was sign and my interest rate and payments would be set after approval. At that, asked him to leave and he packed up and left. ALWAYS READ THE CONTRACT AND NEVER SIGN A BLANK CONTRACT.

My husband and I were at home preparing to leave in twenty minutes to take him to work when we received a knock on the door and there's Kirby reps. I told them I use to work for Kirby and that's when the first rep pushed past stating well good you know what I am going to do. Luckily the second guy was nicer and asked to come in. They just started vacuuming while my husband and I were running around packing his stuff to go to work. They didn't show us how to use it and would not take no for an answer. They waited outside for me to come back after taking him to work and then they had me call him at work while he was distracted and told him to just say yes to all the questions, but we were not aware this was the finance company.

Needless to say, they said, "Well your husband just agreed to the finance company to purchase the vacuum. They said I need you to sign his name on everything. They also stated we had a 30 day trial period and unlimited warranty and they would be back 3 times that month. Needless to say when we called and said we did not want it since no one came out 4 times like they were supposed to, to show us how it works and we changed our mind 9 days after the nonsense. The guy said, "Oh you only can change your mind the first three days." Then he said he would personally come out but never has he. I want this off our credit. This is an unauthorized sale since my husband was distracted at work and unaware to what he was told to say. Plus the vacuum doesn't even work!

No, I do not recommend Kirby to everyone. It is a tool and people should be properly educated regarding its purpose and use. Kirby vacuums are bulky, heavy and noisy. Dirt, dander, dust mites, matted hair, etc have a terrible odor and will cause the vacuum to smell. The door to door sales people are pushy, rude and annoying.

With that said, I must also state that the majority of complaints have absolutely nothing to do with how this piece of equipment operates. It has superior airflow & suction when adjusted to a proper height for the carpeting. The beater bar is capable of retrieving far more debris from deep with carpet fibers than competitive brands. The unit's sheer weight is partially responsible for its performance. As an owner operated carpet cleaning company for more than 10 years, Kirby is by far the most powerful vacuum on the market. I personally pre-vacuum every job using a G10 Sentria model. Personally, Kirby is a tool allowing me to outperform a superior job.

All I have to say is be careful. They come to your home give you one price which mine was $2000. I put the first thousand on a credit card. The second they financed for me. They had their special finance guy waiting in the car. Here we are 2017. I should've paid it off. They added on another $800 which I'm still paying. Be very careful .

I was charged for bags I did not order and was told their phone person had been with them a long time and did not make a mistake! I now have to pay to send unwanted bags back! I am very upset with Kirby parts for charging me for things I did not order and I confirmed I only wanted smaller total... and all I got was you pay to send back and we then will give money back on your card! Seriously what a scam to do that to customers and not make it right! I think that it's unfair for them to go ahead and charge you for unwanted item and act like it's okay. I am laid off... they don't care. It's not their money… pissed off!!!

If you're not in the market for a vacuum, yes, it is obnoxious to have someone invade your home under false pretenses and spend so much time there. So, does the in-home sales process need work? Probably. But has it been working for the company for a long time? Obviously. They are one of the only companies still doing door-to-door sales. With all that being said, the vacuum itself is good. I can't say great for just a couple of reasons, but it's well above par.

If you have spent good money on your carpet - you need to be careful about the vacuum you are using. The first thing the flooring store we bought our carpet from told us when we bought our VERY pricey carpet was to be selective about our vacuum. We previously had a Dyson. And yes we LOVED it. Mostly because I was pretty sure it was going to suck the backing off the carpet. And the gents from the flooring store said that's not too far off the mark. It has a very aggressive beater bar and that is actually a lot of what makes it seem like it is working so well. Yes, it has a lot of suction also, but that aggressive beater bar is destroying those carpet fibers I just paid so much money for. They actually recommend Kirbys as a first choice (if you can afford it).

Make sure you can push it around - because it is heavy. It is cumbersome. And I do not recommend it if you have stairs. No joke. I don't think I would have bought it if I had stairs. I hate to even pick mine up when I take it in our camp trailer to clean. And I am young! I was younger when I bought it. I have owned it for many years.

How frequently are you going to use all those fancy attachments? For me... NEVER. I hate taking the "head" off this machine. Yes, it is supposed to be easy, but even during the demonstration I pointed out that it looked like a total pain. And even then, it is not the most convenient system. So, if you want or need little attachments a lot, I would say pass.

Do you love quality and reliability? Kirby has been around since 1914 (I had to Google it). So, if you are looking for a solid company, there probably isn't a more solid vacuum company. If you have an issue with your vacuum, you will not have an issue getting replacement parts or having it repaired. My friend still has hers which was purchased in the 70's. She has had it repaired once and put a few replacement parts on it. And I buy belts and bags on Amazon. Couldn't be cheaper or easier. So, you have to weigh it out. Yes, this is expensive for a vacuum. But it is an investment. It is the only vacuum you will ever own. Unlike other vacuums that will only last a few years, (8 on average - Google again) like my first Dyson, may it rest in peace, this one can be passed on to your kids so they can build up their muscles toting it around.

Now, regarding sales tactics, since that is what nearly all the reviews I read were about. I had a fantastic sales person. I can say I would not have purchased if I didn't. The one thing that I did not like, and if I had it to do over again, I would never do, is they asked for my old vacuum. I asked why they wanted it. The salesperson did not know why they collected them, just that I would never need it again. My assumption is that it was resold. It was nearly new and had I kept it, I could have sold it myself or donated it.

The product looked like an very interesting product until the salesperson became very aggressive. After asking him time and time again to leave my home he persisted on persuading my much older mom to sign a contract and asked for her social security number before asking about anything else. I had to call the police on the aggressive behavior not to mention money that was missing from my home. Can't tell you no on the product but the salespeople need background checks.

Shampoo doesn't work well. Leaves water bad in carpet doesn't vacuum it up. I could have spent over 800 dollars on something else. Had a salesman who won't take no for a answer. It was after 10 p.m. before he left and he wouldn't left then but we agreed to buy the product. I believe it had been used somewhere else before coming here. I would like my money back. I paid cash for it. Please give me a number how to get my money back and you can take the vacuum back and do what you want to with it. The salesman name and phone number was on the contract. I tried several times to call him and no one answered. His name was Troy **.

My review on my KIRBY VACUUM 2017. The attachments are difficult to change. The vacuum is very heavy. Always needing to change my bag or it starts to smell & not to mention they are expensive. I wouldn't recommend this vacuum to my enemy!!! I totally HATE THIS VACUUM!!!

I can't speak of the price because I bought it in 2002, but it is the best vacuum for sure. It's heavy for me so I have bought some over the years to keep upstairs, and they do not compete with the Kirby. So if you don't want a heavy vacuum this isn't for you. But it's great to vacuum with every day. I have pets so it's necessary. I came across this review site because I need bags and saw the bad reviews. I always know my house is clean.

Let me start off by saying that this is totally my fault. I should have paid more attention to the contract. The salesperson told me that I would pay one price for the vacuum but then after finally receiving the first monthly bill, I noticed that I am paying a set price for the installments that increase the total price by almost $900. I should have paid closer attention to the final price and to the fact that that is actually what I am financing, to include set finance charges. Beware!

I have always wanted a Kirby after the in home demonstrations. I could not believe that I would vacuum with my generic Hoover or whatever brand and they would come right behind me and collect even more dirt from the carpet. I also could not believe the bedding needed to be vacuumed. But we relocated to a new rental house and we moved in and my wife had a serious allergy attack and needed to take an allergy pill to get to sleep. Once we bought the Kirby and vacuumed the house she was fine.

The Kirby is heavier and less convenient than many of the canister with hose attached units. But they do not work as well. I had a good sales experience but I also knew they were here to sell me something so make them get the price down. I am glad I bought the Kirby, it is an investment and I will not be buying another vacuum for a many years. So do with what you will the Kirby is a good device and legitimate reviews will not be the junk that I have read through here. People want to complain about the sales experience that is not relative to the function of the device. I am glad I own a Kirby and would purchase it again.

Compare Vacuum Cleaners