2. Homeowners
Kirby Vacuum Cleaners

Kirby Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

4.0/5 (280 ratings)

About Kirby Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

For nearly one-hundred years, The Kirby Company has manufactured superior, American-made home cleaning systems. Kirby does not sell directly to the public but continues a long tradition of distributing its home cleaning systems through independent distributors, who are responsible for running their own businesses. Over the years, this distribution system has afforded thousands of men and women the opportunity to live the American dream of owning and operating their own businesses.

Kirby Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirby Vacuum Cleaners?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirby?

Original review: April 30, 2020

For me this vacuum is easy to use. The attachments are easy to use although the hose attachment could be about 2 feet longer. Changing the accumulation bag is easy. Using the carpet shampoo attachment is a bit of a challenge.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I've had my Kirby vacuum/carpet cleaner handed down to me, and I am going to be using it for many years to come. So many different attachments available, even to paint your walls! I wash my carpets all of the time, which comes in handy with my dogs. Picks up everything!

Original review: April 28, 2020

Kirby is the best quality and functional, but of course it also costs the most, including payment to the salesman who came to my door. I have two other brands I use most because they cover only small places and take less time. The Kirby is used especially on carpet where it cleanses deeper, but of course also wears out the carpet more.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I got my Kirby over 30 years ago as a present from my mother-in-law over 20 years ago. I've had many vacuums that I purchased in over 40 years of my marriage. All the others fell apart or broke down while my Kirby keeps on going. The attachments are very sturdy. Although new replacement parts are made from a hard plastic the older attachments were sturdier, they were more flexible not so stiff. I noticed that the stiffer replacement parts, due to less give, crack easier. I have hard floors and it's great on the floors, when I had rugs the rug cleaner shampooer attachment cleaned the rugs well. Upholstery attachments work really well. I love my Kirby. It's really sturdy. It's heavier than a lot of other vacuums. That's because it has a great motor. I believe that's why it has lasted so long.

Original review: April 27, 2020

It is very durable and well built. We've had it for 30 years and no problems. IT is a bit pricey, but well worth it considering you do not have to buy a new one every few years. Would definitely recommend anyone getting one.

Original review: April 26, 2020

Having used a Kirby for years, I truly enjoy the convenience and performance of this machine. My machine is used for vacuuming and shampooing. I have used it for my floors, furniture and in my vehicle. I have never had any issues with my machine and truly am proud to be an owner.

Original review: April 26, 2020

My Kirby G4 has been in the family for over a decade. It’s powerful and versatile with attachments that clean the furniture and shampoo the rug. It’s big drawback is it’s very heavy and doesn’t fit in small spaces well.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I was buying a new vacuum every few months since the ones I was getting before were always breaking. I would try new brands and always had to get a new vacuum. I had someone knock on my door one night to give me a presentation of the Kirby. I was dumbfounded by how much dirt they were picking up on each surface since I clean and vacuum daily. I couldn’t be happier about the purchase I made with them.

Original review: April 24, 2020

Had my first Kirby back in the 70's which lasted 25 years, paid $300.00 and 25 years later got $250.00 trade in. These machines are bulletproof with a excellent warranty. Never a charge for labor when repaired. My current machine is 20 years old and no problems with it.

Original review: April 23, 2020

February 2018 a Kirby sales rep came knocking on our door. I was in the shower when he showed up and he coerced my husband to let him in. When I left the shower I asked him to leave without a sales pitch as we didn’t have money nor were we interested. He would not leave and pressured us to hear out his free pitch. I told him no again and then he “threatened” that if he didn’t do the pitch his coworker would come in to do the pitch and he wasn’t “that nice”. We finally broke and agreed to the pitch so he would get it done and leave. Fat chance. After openly shaming us for our home he would not leave after the sales pitch. Repeatedly “calling his boss” to tell him it’s not going well. So “his boss requested to talk to us on the phone to make his own pitch”.

When I say the rep wouldn’t leave. He WOULD NOT leave until we let him “check” first to see if we were approved for Kirby's line of credit. Hoping he’s shut up and leave we allowed him. Of course he said we were approved and said the vacuum was only around $1,500 and we’d pay it off in 2 years. After feeling pressured and scared because HE WOULD NOT LEAVE. We broke down and just agreed on taking it. He left IMMEDIATELY after we signed and rushed us to not look over the contract form he filled out. 2 years ended February this year and we were still being charged. I attempted to figure out how many payments we still owed if any and their website was JUNK. Nowhere to find out our line of credit.

After a ton of digging I found our original contract. 1) it was a 36 month loan not a 24 month like he stated. 2) The total amount was around $3,100! We would NOT agree to a $3,000 vacuum. That’s literally double the price than the salesman told us. In the “sales rep contact info and distributer location” it wasn’t even filled out! So there’s no proof on what location or sales rep was responsible. There is also no phone # or website link for us to be able to contact. I also found out through these reviews that Kirby has a 3 day “cool off” period to return the vacuum. But even if we wanted to the sales rep filled out 0% of the information for us to contact ANYONE. I am EXTREMELY peeved that we were lied to so extensively. Do NOT buy from them. They use unsafe scare tactics to get in your home while refusing to leave. Threatening more reps if we don’t listen to them. They lie through their teeth on what you’re REALLY signing up for.

Kirby Vacuum Cleaners Company Information