3.4/5 (130 ratings)

About Viking Refrigerators

Viking is a luxury appliance manufacturer that offers high-performance ranges, refrigerators, dishwashers and more. Its fridges are available in a variety of colors, sizes and customizable options, and you can purchase them through local dealers.

Pros

• Luxury refrigerators
  • Variety of colors
  • Custom options available

Cons

• Can be expensive

Bottom Line

Viking is a manufacturer of luxury built-in and freestanding fridges with commercial-grade technology. Its appliances are available through a local dealer network, and you can customize them to your kitchen.

Top Viking Refrigerators Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I like the look of my Viking refrigerator and I’m very happy with its performance. It keeps the temperature well and if I keep the door open too long, an alarm sets off...I would ...

Verified

I went with a Viking Refrigerator and I've loved every minute of it so far. I like its sleekness and its look. Plus, all of its components are on the inside of the door when we op...

Viking appliances

Viking is an appliance company that manufactures refrigerators, stovetops, ventilation products and other kitchen appliances. Its refrigerators are luxury models with commercial-grade technology and hardware, and they typically last around 10 years with a variety of warranty coverage. They’re available in a variety of colors and finishes and can be customized to match your kitchen.

Viking fridge features

With fridges ranging from 18 to 48 inches wide, Viking has a refrigeration option for most kitchen spaces. It offers bottom freezer and side-by-side configurations, as well as all-refrigerator and all-freezer models. Some Viking fridges feature water dispensers or Viking’s Plasmacluster ion air purifier, which never degrades, loses capacity or needs replacing. Visit a local showroom or browse its online catalog to see which features are available for each model.

Viking fridge prices

Viking refrigerators are luxury appliances with prices from $3,000 to $10,000. Its professional-grade products, which are built for commercial kitchens and high-end homes, include upgraded features and materials. You can visit a local dealer for a free quote or check out Viking’s appliances in person at showrooms across the country. Often, you can negotiate prices directly with the dealer.

Viking FAQ

How much is a Viking refrigerator?
Viking refrigerators cost between $3,000 and $10,000. Your refrigerator’s size and style will determine its final cost.
Does Viking sell counter-depth refrigerators?
Yes, Viking sells counter-depth refrigerators. For accurate sizing, see product specifications on Viking’s website.
What company makes Viking refrigerators?
Viking Range Corporation manufactures Viking refrigerators from its headquarters in Greenwood, Mississippi. Viking is owned by the Middleby Corporation.
How long do Viking refrigerators last?
Viking refrigerators typically last around 10 years, and they’re typically covered by various limited warranties ranging from one to 12 years.

Is Viking a good brand?

Viking produces well-made luxury appliances with sleek designs and advanced features. Its refrigerators are costly, but with a variety of colors and wood veneers to choose from, you can customize them to match your kitchen. Check out Viking’s fridges in person at a local dealer or request a quote for more information.

Viking Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking Refrigerators?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

Viking makes good products. I like the way that they look. The closest competitor was the Sub-Zero. But the thing that made me mostly go with the Viking was they had all the appliances that I was purchasing in stock at the time. One of the shelves broke shortly after I purchased it. I’m waiting for a replacement part, but the rest of it is fine. I called the store I purchased it from and they said they would order me a new one. They didn't specify if I had to pay for it or not. I don't plan on paying for it because it was a few months after I bought it. I just had some salad dressings on the shelves. Nothing extreme. And one day, I opened the door and the whole thing fell apart. That was strange. It has been months since I requested the part and it hasn't come, according to the store. Other than that, the coldness is very consistent. I like the fact that it's very spacious and it seems to work very well.

Viking Refrigerators response

Our customers expect the very best, and we strive to meet those expectations. Our customer care team may be able to assist by looking into your part issue. Please contact them at 888-845-4641 option 3.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

Our old refrigerator came with our apartment, and it needed to be replaced. The Viking refrigerator's configuration fit in to where my husband was looking for it to sit exactly back in where it was and the door to open so we could get in and out. We were surprised at the price though. Unbelievably, we've never bought an appliance that was that expensive, but it seems to have a good warranty. Other than the price, our only complaint with the refrigerator is it's a little noisy when the compressor goes on.

The refrigerator is good quality, and it's easy to put things in. However, the swing door on the dairy compartment on the top of the door kept falling off and it needed to be replaced, so we called Viking. We were told that was on back order, and it took a couple of months to finally show up. Everyone was very cordial about it, always looked it up. I wished they emailed me about the progress, but every time I called, they went through the whole thing and were very polite and helpful. We just got the replacement the other day.

Viking Refrigerators response

Our customers expect the very best, and we work hard to ensure those expectations are met. Thank you for accepting nothing less. We appreciate you as a valued member of the Viking family.

Original review: May 23, 2022

Viking was the finish that was available and it was the size that fit the new home we moved into. The purchase process was fine. We bought the refrigerator from our local appliance store called Martin's Appliance. The salesman there was knowledgeable about what they had for sale. This ended up being the right choice for us. The delivery was very easy as well. The guys that came and delivered the appliance got it in the house and got it put together. They installed in 20 minutes. Everything seems to function appropriately. Between the ones we were looking at, we liked the more robust feel of the shelves compared to some of the other brands we looked at.

Overall, we really like the refrigerator. The only thing that we would probably rethink if we were buying another one is the design of the ice tray. It has a big slide-out drawer for the freezer. When you slide the little shelf that the ice maker is attached to forward to actually reach the ice, the little skinny metal rod that's down there doesn't slide with the shelf. A lot of times when you slide the shelf forward, that lever pulls a handful of ice cubes down out into the bottom of the freezer. You have to reach around underneath to scoop those out and throw them away. It's more of a small annoyance but nothing major.

Viking Refrigerators response

Viking makes every effort to listen and hear what our customers want, which is our foundation for newer and improved models. Thank you for being a part of what Viking is building.

Original review: May 22, 2022

I have a 36-inch range oven grill as well as a beverage fridge, which is amazing. I have the dishwasher, which is great. I have the microwave drawer, which is good. However, I have been having nothing but problems with the fridge and the freezer. They are not staying cold. Something was loose underneath that wasn’t allowing any Freon. I've had them installed for about seven months. So, it's been quite a disaster. But everything’s been good with Viking. It’s just been a process.

To get a replacement for the freezer, it was 14 weeks and the same thing is going to happen with the fridge once I file for that. They called me today for two weeks from now because they’re backed up. It’s taking forever. Meanwhile, my milk is not staying cold and keeps spoiling quick. My ice machine will be fine one day and everything is good, and then the next day, I’ll go to grab ice and it’s all melted again. I hope that when I get the new refrigerator and freezer that I don’t have any of these issues. Because literally, I’ve never spent so much money on a refrigerator and freezer in my entire life. $15,000 later, I thought this thing would be simply amazing, and it’s not.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We deeply apologize for ALL areas of concern. After careful review, we are pleased to see the refrigerator and freezer are being replaced. Our customer care team will be able to provide further updates on the new units. Customer care may be reached by calling 888-845-4641 option 3.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Viking was already the brand we had in the kitchen. The refrigerator broke, so I replaced it with the same brand. I bought it through a third-party seller and the experience was poor. The product was delivered with a manufacturer defect. The doors had to be zip-tied up because the installation is difficult if the doors are moving about. After it was installed, my husband and I realized the doors don't close.

What upset me about the third-party vendor was that they said that it's our problem, not theirs, and left. But Viking immediately stepped in and sent help with their repair people around town. I have had to use them on two or three occasions once again, all from the defect of original product delivery. No issues that went wrong. They have been incredibly responsive. It's a brand that stands by its quality. On the other hand, they did let a fridge that doesn't have doors that close past inspection somehow, so that's also strange. But when they realized they messed up, they fixed it. The refrigerator is not the right size and it's a loud machine, but it does the job and has lots of storage.

Viking Refrigerators response

It's Viking's desire that you continue to enjoy the quality products and customer care we've put in place for our customers, Thank You for your support.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

The refrigerator went out on us and Pacific Sales was nice enough to replace the whole thing for us and gave us a brand new one. Viking is pretty expensive but it is a good refrigerator. My wife is happy with it.

Viking Refrigerators response

It's Viking's desire that you continue to enjoy the quality we've put in place for our customers. Thank You for your support.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

I like the fridge overall but there are a couple of things that I have been marginally happy with. The finish has like a film on it and the fridge is making a louder noise now than it initially did. It sounds like it's getting ready to take off when it kicks in. I thought about calling Viking for it. I haven't had a whole lot of interaction with their reps. I called once shortly after we moved in as we had an issue with the oven and they were very prompt at having somebody come out and service it.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. Our aim is to be here to iron out any/all wrinkles. Our customer support team will be here for you. Please contact them at 888-845-4641 option 3 should you need assistance.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I like the way Viking refrigerators looked and the fact that there are custom built-in options available and they're America-made. The refrigerator I got is extremely high quality. I like everything about it. It's very large on the inside, easy to clean, has great storage, and the icemaker works well. Also, there's a place at the bottom where I can put a pizza box if I want. It’s like out of the way and a hidden compartment type thing. It's pretty cool. Viking Refrigerators is a great, high-end product and if you're looking to have a luxury kitchen with high-end appliances, it's a good route to go.

Viking Refrigerators response

We are pleased Viking was able to accommodate your personal preference. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

If I was allowed to leave ZERO stars for Viking I WOULD! My VIKING OVEN, DISHWASHER AND REFRIGERATOR are all CRAP. They fall apart and are worthless. I am PISSED. I hate Viking! I have now had to wait SIX months on refrigerator door bins and God only knows when I will ever get them. THREE of the door bins broke the same week for NO APPARENT reason! My dishwasher top drawer is crap because it is poorly designed and my VIKING oven DOOR keeps breaking. I AM SO DISSAPOINTED in my VIKING Products .. THE ONLY GOOD Viking product that I have is my awesome microwave! I love that….

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We deeply apologize for the issues you have encountered. After careful review, this has been forwarded to our escalation team. A team specialist will reach out to you within 48 business hours.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I placed the order last July 2021, and the lead time was supposed to be six months, but our Viking refrigerator got installed at my house May of this year. After nine months, when they delivered the refrigerator, it was damaged. It was a warehouse mishap. A forklift rammed into the packaging, and I was told, “Do you want to take it like this or do you wanna wait another nine months?” Now we’re going on almost 15 months and I still have a banged up refrigerator door. I'm still waiting for it to be replaced, and I need to start calling because they said it was supposed to come in September.

We're moving to mid-October, and I haven't heard anything. Nobody's called me, and it's been always I have to keep chasing them. Now again, I have to do the chase but I have so much going on. I’m already two weeks behind in saying. “What happened to September?” I'm at a point where if I had a choice, I would have said, "Just take the whole thing back," because it's really disappointing. The Viking refrigerator is not cheap, and I always thought, "Okay, you get what you pay for." I'm happy with the refrigerator, but we paid premium and still, once the sale was made, the after-sale support is horrible. I'd like to have communication about making me whole with the damaged goods that I've been stuck with.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We deeply apologize for all areas of concern. A team specialist will reach out to you within 48 business hours in regard to the issues you have encountered.

Viking Refrigerators Company Information