toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We moved into a new house and my wife originally wanted a Sub-Zero but we couldn’t afford that so she decided that the Viking was the coolest looking, most durable, best line of refrigerators to look at. We got a new model and we’re really happy with it overall. We like its look and the solid feel. However, there were just a few cosmetic problems with it. It was a new model and they hadn’t worked out the bugs. When they installed the handles on it for all the different doors, screwing the screws too hard puts a dent in the stainless steel. But if they don’t do it hard enough, they loosen and start falling off. Also, there’s a bar handle and these connectors that they have to screw on don’t match the surface of the fridge very well. When they put it on, there’s an 8th or 16th of an inch gap between that little thing and the handles if they don’t put it on right. They finally figured out how to do it and got new parts.

We’ve had to have the repair guys come out four times for those handles and ended up replacing a whole front piece of the refrigerator. The freezer is the one that we got to pull right from the middle. If we pull from the side, it screws it up. We were pulling it right and it just came out. Their staff didn’t give us any hassle. In fact, the last time the handle pulled of, it was past the one year but they always call someone to come out and fix it which we really appreciate. They kept doing whatever it took to get it right. The last guy that fixed it put some super-duper glue where the screw goes in and since then, everything is good but we had to go through all that rigmarole. Viking needs to work out the handle for this model and make sure when people put it on, it doesn’t dent the surface stainless steel because that takes away the beauty of the whole thing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we bought the house, we requested for Viking appliances. We wanted to get the big 42-inch refrigerator but our realtor failed to tell us at the last minute that they ordered a 36-inch model instead. But even though it's not the model I liked, I love its quality. The aesthetics, as far as the door hinges, doesn’t get in my way. It was well-thought out and well-engineered. I also like the option that the temperature is different in certain compartments. However, I don't like the freezer part. As far as the stovetop, we had a choice in that. We got the eight-burner stove and it is phenomenal. It also has a conventional oven built in. All in all, I like Vikings appliances because I can buy a certain model and it has options that come along with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the warranty better on this Viking refrigerator than I did on the other ones. Since I had a good experience, I'm happy with the product and would buy again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a kitchen full of Vikings and my husband likes them because the appliances are pretty to look at. The old Viking refrigerator we purchased needed a lot of repairs so we went and bought a new one a year ago. The door swings too heavy so it's always a fear of ours that it's going to swing and the latch will get broken. I need to call to see if there's a kit or fix for it but I haven't had any issues. Repairs take awhile because of products but other than that it's fine. If there's an issue I just call into the Viking number and they're able to pass these to someone to help me with repair. I have been fortunate to receive excellent customer service from them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Viking is a good brand. It's made in the USA and we like the look and size of their refrigerators. Ours is working great so far. The temperature control is nice and the doors open and close easily. It's like a French door refrigerator, but they don't hit each other. My sister has a Sub-Zero but its doors would hit each other if they didn't close them the right way. As with ours, the doors seem to be pretty seamless, which is good. However, the freezer in our fridge is like a pull out drawer and if I pull the freezer from one side, it gets off the track a little bit. Sometimes I have to straighten it out and push it back in, which is a little weird. Also, it would be cool if there was a water dispenser inside the fridge, though I'm sure Viking has that on some of their high-end refrigerators. As for the Viking dealer, their team was on-time and they answered all my questions. They were absolutely friendly and respectful as well. It was an easy experience overall.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. Viking takes their customer service very seriously and we are extremely sorry to hear about the delay you encountered.

We have researched the details of your case to ensure this type of experience does not happen in the future

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I've known about Viking forever and I chose them because of the aesthetics of their pieces, their higher quality and that they would last longer. I like the height of the refrigerator I got and the size of the shelf because it's easy to reach everything. However, I had a frustrating incident with their product which I never had with my old crap refrigerator. It appeared that somehow ice had formed in the circulation system between the freezer and the refrigerator, which caused the refrigerator to not be able to cool down. It took many weeks and two different people to come out to try to fix it. There was no sense of urgency. Viking was recommending the first repair company that didn't work on weekends, which was unheard of. Viking also didn't have enough time slots open to serve everyone. The fridge was fixed but there was a runaround in terms of payment and the Viking people didn't seem to know what they were doing.

Viking needs to up its customer service game. They can't charge what they do for a refrigerator and not have 24/7 phone support and people who know what they're doing on the other end. In this day and age, they can't meet the expectations. That's not acceptable for this kind refrigerator at this cost. I could have gotten a better service with Sears or GE. I won't be buying a Viking again and I would go with somebody else just on the customer service experience I've had with them. Overall, the refrigerator is a beautiful product but there is no support for it.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. Viking proudly displays our product on showroom floors so that consumers can peruse the product to see if it meets their design desires. We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the design of the unit.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I'm in the commercial restaurant business as the factory rep for three of the sister companies to Viking which is why I chose them. I dealt directly with the factory, not the dealer and they're knowledgeable and friendly. Their refrigerator looks beautiful, but the design is below the competition. There are several things that need to be reworked on these refrigerators. The drawers are awful and the ice maker is below the volume that I thought it was. The compartment is too small and doesn’t produce enough ice especially with respect to a large refrigerator. I have a refrigerator that costs a tenth of its price and has an ice drawer that is about double the capacity of what this one came with.

Bought a brand newly built house with all new Viking appliances. The first week we owned the house, the doors on the appliance needed to be repaired. Then we had an electric short due to the range needing to be required. Approximately after 1 month of ownership, the defroster in the freezer died causing the refrigerator to shut down. We had to manually defrost the freezer every day for over a week before we had a functioning refrigerator. In August, 6 months after installation, the lights in the freezer stopped working.

3 months later, 4 service calls later, we were told the lights couldn't be repaired. Even heard the Viking tech tell the service guy on the phone there was nothing more he could do. Oh yeah, sometime between August and Nov, the ice maker died. So we have a very expensive attractive piece of garbage that isn't as good as our LG that was less than 1/3 the cost. We would like a refund in order to purchase a different appliance but do not expect that. A replacement is being requested.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the way the Viking refrigerator operated and looked when I saw it at the store and I knew it was a high-end product. It has a lot of extra room in the freezer that I didn't have in my other refrigerator before. So far it's working alright, although sometimes it makes a loud noise when it's defrosting and I don't know if that's normal or not. Overall I have very few complaints about it and I hope that it will continue to be that way.

Our Viking fridge/freezer came with the house as new 10 yrs ago. We've already had an issue with the ice machine but wrote that off to a clumsy appliance repair man. About a month ago we noticed the high temp alarm go off and the appliance stopped cooling. We called out Viking approved technician and he diagnosed the control boards, which I paid 1k to have replaced. Three days later, the alarm goes off again and everything starts to defrost. The technician is unsure what the problem is but suspects a sealed system issue (another 1k). I am fuming about, what is a highly priced fridge freezer needing all this work at only 10 years old.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your post, we are truly sorry to hear of the experience you have had with your refrigerator. Please know that Viking makes every effort to manufacture products of the highest quality. Unfortunately, in spite of all the precaution taken to ensure the reliability of our products, occasional part failures may occur. We are happy to hear that our authorized technician was able to repair the unit.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I purchased close to $30,000 of Viking appliances. I bought two under cabinet refrigerators, wine coolers, a cooktop, a built-in microwave, and built-in oven, but never had a problem with them. The main problem was the refrigerator as it constantly broke down. We were very dissatisfied with it. We had to contact their technician three times to come out and fix the problem. But their repair guys were always good. They came with the knowledge of what the problem is and they fixed it. We also had a very bad experience with their dealer Pacific Sales at Best Buy in San Jose. They kept blowing me off even if I purchased extended warranty. They told me I have to contact Viking directly. Why did they sell me the extended warranty if they will not cover the problem?

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your post, we are truly sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing. Please know that Viking values our customer feedback on how the processes we have in place work. While there were issues with the delivering of the unit we are happy to hear that our customer care department was able to work with you to get this taken care of.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

It has always been on my bucket list to get a Viking set because I heard they were always the best. And since we just bought a beautiful new home, I decided to get the whole set. I'm very happy with the range top and am pleased with the hood fan, but the microwave and dishwasher are both subpar. Then, one of the shelves in the refrigerator got broken which is very disappointing seeing I spent almost $10,000 for it.

Also we purchased it at Best Buy at their Pacific Store and it was a very bad experience. They shipped our packages and we received six, so we assumed that everything was there. We had our kitchen totally rebuilt, then we found out we were missing a package. Then the store manager said we were lying and all the packages were delivered. A week later they found that the package was still in Cleveland and was not delivered. So, our set stood in our kitchen for two or three weeks until it was finished. Then when we installed the double oven, we found out it had been dropped in shipping. Their technician had come out and confirmed that it was. But now Viking is handling that and is sending us a new one.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you love your refrigerator. I am sorry though to hear about the issue you are having with getting a replacement board. We will have one of our customer care reps contact your shortly to see how we can assist.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I first heard about Viking Refrigerators at Hahn. They're gorgeous, high-quality refrigerators and I like the way they're made. I like the steel in the doors. I love the my fridge when it's working. It has been over a month now and mine hasn't been fixed. We had Viking replace the ice tray. They had to send the whole tray when it was just the round thing in the back. It's made of plastic and if the ice gets jammed, it's knocked off. It should have been made of metal. Also, the board went out and it has been on backorder for a month.

Viking Refrigerators

We appreciate your comments and are extremely excited to hear about your great Viking Experience

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

Our Viking refrigerator is pretty high quality. It's also efficient and it’s a good size for us. The dealer was knowledgeable and friendly and we'd recommend them to a friend. It was a very positive experience overall.

Viking Refrigerators

Viking is truly sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your units. Viking's warranty is for repair not replacement so if we have the opportunity to repair the unit we will. We will have a customer care rep contact you shortly to assist with getting service out on your refrigerator to see how we can assist with the temperature issues.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

I bought a new house and the builder offered Viking. Compared to GE, I picked Viking. However, it's not so great so far because not only were the refrigerator shelves broken, I also get a lot of inconsistent temperatures inside. And everything freezes at the the top and bottom shelves. Things are going really bad. So, there's no good circulation of cool air. I sent an email to them a couple of months ago to see if they can send me a replacement but I don't have anything yet.

I had a dishwasher that also broke down within a year. I had a lot of difficulty getting through to Viking. I was trying to tell them what happened. It took them a long time to understand when I called them. I asked them if they can just replace the dishwasher because I've been waiting long to get it fixed. They sent me to the customer service but they couldn't understand what I was asking them to do. They were reaching out to the appliance repair guy when I was asking them to replace it in the first place. I had a very frustrating time. Thankfully it's repaired now but it took them two months to get it fixed. I always thought Viking was a very good brand. I'm very disappointed. I'm not really recommending Viking to any of my friends until I think otherwise.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've known Viking for many years then at one time, we had a good offer and my wife liked it, so we got their refrigerator. The quality of the product is good but I have a minor issue with the ice maker. Every time I call for ice, I can't get this to come out. The ice seems stuck, trapped inside between the box and the dispenser. The flap that opens up to drop the ice is always stuck. Viking has sent someone out, looked at it and said I would be ordered a new ice maker. But we have not gotten it yet. Other than the ice maker problem, the fridge performs well and everything works great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was forced to buy a new refrigerator because my other one died, and it was a choice between Viking, Sub-Zero and KitchenAid. I bought the Viking because of the $1,000 rebate they were having and I also felt like it had more room. I pack my freezer and refrigerators, so it was the design that I was attracted to. So far, it's been great and it's been a very even temperature. The LED lights are awesome since I can see everything in there. The lady at Bill Smith was very helpful in helping me make the decision. I wanted to make sure the refrigerator was installed right by their installer, so I called them and had them check on things. They were very good. I also got my rebate check finally.

The only thing I wish my Viking has was another vegetable drawer because I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, but it only has one vegetable drawer. It has two drawers for cold cuts and cheeses but it only has one crisper and I miss that. Also, after I had this installed, I've asked several repair people about what they think of Viking. Viking needs to do a better job with them because they've all said that Sub-Zero is so much better and I should've bought the Sub-Z as far as from their point of view.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for the delay in getting the parts to the servicer to take care of the dent issue. We have placed our tracking team on this to assist with expediting parts for repair.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

I bought my Viking refrigerator from AJ Madison and they were very nice and very helpful. They answered a lot of questions I had and I was extremely happy with them. I liked Viking's looks and professional-grade. The quality is okay, but there was an issue. There was a dent in one of the refrigerator doors. I'm trying to get that thing sorted out but it's still not been resolved. I've been emailing service at Viking and it's been almost three weeks but it's still not been taken care of. After spending $12,000 on a refrigerator, I would expect a little more response.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I moved into my house, it had a Viking six-burner cooktop which I thought was very well-done. It was enamel, not stainless steel, but was much sturdier than what I have now. I was impressed with it but it's been there a while so I wanted to replace that. We redid our kitchen about five years ago and thought I would use Viking products. That's how I started looking at the other matching pieces. I do a lot of cooking but the quality of what I purchased is not the same with what I had before. In hindsight, I wish I had just kept the Viking cooktop and had gotten double-oven in its place from somebody else. The stainless steel on the cooktop scratches. I've already had to replace the grates once. Then the temperature on the double oven wasn't getting correct because the hinges were not strong enough. They had to be replaced to the tune of $400. Even after that was done, I still had to have a repairman come again to calibrate it correctly.

Aside from the cooktop, we bought a Viking refrigerator whihc we picked in particular because we have space constraints and it worked well. The only thing I like in the new configuration of the model I have is that there's extra shelf at the top. It's very small but I'm a baker so I put my pieces right in there to cool in the freezer. But the quality is horrible. I've had several other refrigerators with which I've been far more impressed with. The plastic inside is poorly designed in that the butter dish slides open when the door opens. Now, they've changed it and within days it dented my initial fridge. I also had to replace an internal part as one of the drawers cracked. My first fridge had an ice maker problem and then the compressor went.

I went through many months of badgering Viking to replace this thing. The Viking team members have been respectful but not timely. If I hadn't been a diligent pain in the neck, nothing would've happened. I had to keep contacting them before they had somebody come. When they contacted a person and I never heard anything, I contacted Viking again and finally got an email that she had left the company. But there was no follow-up.

I finally got a new fridge and the people that Viking contracted with to come out were very helpful. When they came out, I spoke to Sally from Viking and wanted to verify that the trim kit will fit in the unit because I spent nearly $1,000 for the kit to make this thing look built-in. Sure enough, the contractors who came forgot the kit. So they came back again with it and only was able to put it in on one side. I then had to call a carpenter and pay out-of-pocket to have it replaced. I then called Viking again who ultimately recouped that fee for me and made me whole. But then again, the ice maker doesn't work in this new refrigerator. The repairman that Viking contracted with from Dillon Appliance came out this week and said that it doesn't function. So I'm very disappointed.

For the amount of money and time I've spent on this, it's crazy. I shouldn't have to have a part-time job tracking down Viking. They should do what they're supposed to do. First of all, they should produce a good product. And second of all, I've dealt with all these different people to have these things repaired and still have a refrigerator that doesn't have a working ice maker and this is my second fridge. And I was out of a fridge for five weeks. It was a long time and I have four kids. I have a backup fridge in the garage but it's small. Nobody at Viking really seemed to be worried about this or really apologetic that their products shouldn't break and they're very sorry that my compressor completely went under five years.

I would never buy another Viking product. It's not worth the money, especially the refrigeration. It's like any other refrigerator and they slapped the Viking logo on it. That's actually what the guy at Dillon's told me. There's nothing exceptional about it. Then I've been somewhat pleased with the double oven except I had another double oven for years and never had to replace the hinges. Four and a half years in, I'm already replacing hinges which is not exactly what I wanted to do. But I needed to retain the heat. It's a very disappointing experience. The product is by no means worth the amount of money I spent on it. The value isn't there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like Viking Refrigerators' style and the water dispenser feature. I've had the refrigerator for almost three years now and Viking seems like a quality product. The value for the money is pretty decent. I would recommend them.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for sharing your Viking experience, we are so glad to hear you love your appliances.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

We have used Viking products in the past and really liked it. We have a Viking range and an oven, a cooktop stove, and a microwave so we got a refrigerator and it matched everything else. We've been using it for about a month now and so far, it's good. The experience is absolutely great. It's pleasurable and hassle-free. The only thing is it's not the easiest thing in the world to level in comparison to any other fridge that I've had. But it's not that big of a deal and we got it leveled. Other than that, everything is absolutely fantastic.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. We are truly sorry to hear of the issues you are having. A customer care representative will be in contact with you shortly to see how we can help resolve this issue.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

We purchased a home which already had two big Viking refrigerators in it. They look nice but we’ve had several issues with them and we’ve had to replace them. And now, the new ones that are just a year and a half old are having issues too so the quality is not that great. There is ice buildup in the freezer and mold in the gasket. And one of the lights already went out. It took a while to get the right people to come out here to even look at them. It’s been three weeks and the issues haven't been solved. I’m not that happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend recommended that Viking Refrigeration is the best so I purchased one through an interior decorator. The quality of my refrigerator is okay but it does make odd sounds. It's a good experience nevertheless.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like Viking's quality and style and the way how it works in general. It is up to par. Moreover, the Viking dealer was very good. They were very helpful and explained the different styles that were available.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our Viking Refrigerator was already in the house that we purchased. It is somewhat inferior. Viking has been a continued problem for us, doesn't seem to be of the same quality as the range as well as the sub-zero refrigerator. If I were to replace that tomorrow, I would replace it with something else. The people I've talked to, both the corporate and local locations, have been extremely helpful. But before that, the person I interacted with at the Mesa, Arizona location was not good at all. I'm very dissatisfied and it was an inferior experience with them.

Viking Refrigerators

We are sorry to learn of the issues you have encountered with your Viking units. Naturally, we are concerned when we receive comments reflecting adversely upon the quality of our products. Viking Range makes every effort to manufacture products of the highest quality. Unfortunately, in spite of all the precaution taken to ensure the reliability of our products, occasional part failures may occur.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

I renovated my kitchen 12 years ago and purchased Viking refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher. I chose Viking because I thought it was a quality company. My experience with all three of my appliances was less than satisfactory. I had numerous service calls to an appliance repair company for all three at various times. I would never recommend Viking to anyone I know. In my previous home, I had a Sub-Zero refrigerator and a Wolf stove. I never had a problem with either one in the many years I lived there. I am sorry that I didn't purchase those brands again instead of Viking.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our Viking Refrigerator matches really nice in our kitchen. The guy at the dealer was very knowledgeable. It was a very good experience as far as ordering it and getting it. It has always worked fine except for this last problem that we had. The girl from customer service was very helpful when we had a warranty situation once. It turns out that it was still within the warranty period so everything worked out fine. The warranty from Viking is better on anything that wasn't sub-zero and we're satisfied with the experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking for a counter-depth refrigerator and we found an available model from Viking. The quality is good and I like the general design but I do have a problem with it right now. The ice maker isn't working. I haven't had the time to try to troubleshoot it and I don't know what I should do next exactly.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your response regarding your Viking refrigerator. We are truly sorry to learn of the issues encountered. Viking Range will be pleased to fully support any warranty repair to the refrigerator in accordance with the terms of the warranty as outlined in the Use & Care manual. We will have a customer care rep contact you shortly to assist with setting up a service call.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

We bought the Viking Fridge Model RVRF336SS on Oct. 31. It was installed on Saturday. The unit makes a loud, buzzing noise that fills the entire house. The noise is jarring and occurs every three hours (we timed it). It has woken everyone in the house up from sleep on more than one occasion. This thing is a piece of garbage. I paid nearly $4,000 for something that I want to throw to the curb. DO NOT BUY!!!

Viking Refrigerators

Viking proudly displays our product on dealer showroom floors as well as providing detailed information on our website for consumers review prior to purchase. We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the look and design of the unit.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I am not very happy with Viking Refrigerators. They are not at the level that I thought they were like Wolf appliances. It definitely compares with Maytag and KitchenAid and in that range, I think Viking's one of the ones that I would definitely go for. But price-wise, it is slightly expensive. They are also pretty small refrigerators. I wanted the 44-inch and has more options to choose but I did not see many so I finally ended up with the 36-inch ones. Although, it's doing what a fridge is supposed to do and I think that's the minimum we expect to see. I like the compartment arrangement even though the rack arrangement in the lower compartment is small. It's also very noisy and I like to see a quieter appliance than what I have.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Viking is a luxury brand of appliances that became famous for its line of stove ranges. The company sells a wide variety of appliances, including refrigerators, and is based in Greenwood, Mississippi.

• Luxury: Viking offers top-notch, luxury products that use high-quality materials and offer many desirable features, such as icemakers and bottom-drawer freezers.
  • Built-in option: Viking offers customers built-in refrigerator options, which means that customers can customize their refrigerator to match their home.
  • Energy Star: The products that Viking makes are Energy Star rated, which means they efficiently use energy and are better for the environment.
  • Size variety: The company offers refrigerators in a huge range of sizes so the products fit into many homes or commercial establishments.
  • Unique products: Viking offers customers unique products, like beverage centers to keep drinks cool, under counter fridges and refrigerated drawers.
  • Best for Luxury homeowners looking for high-quality appliances, and commercial establishments that want to purchase a refrigerator.

Viking Refrigerators Company Profile