Call toll free
3.56/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized for their exceptional products, Viking provides free standing ranges, range tops, ovens, refrigeration of all kinds, and much more. They have re-engineered their products and they are better than ever. You can now own these products that were previously available only in commercial kitchens. Since partnering with The Middleby Corporation over two years ago, they’ve shifted their culture to ensure their products, quality, and service are the best out there. With numerous products to choose from, you’ll find exactly what you’ve been looking for.

Viking Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

895 Viking Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

We bought a high-end Viking refrigerator for our home only to have the motherboard go bad. We called a repair person recommended by Viking and he said this is the second call regarding this issue he has received today. Apparently Viking is doing nothing to help customers with what seems to be a known problem. Shame on them!

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Delivery was OK, however delivery man could not turn-on the fridge, they told me to look at the manual. Noticed that the door to the freezer was not centered, and the lights shining into the freezer were not working. Called Viking, they told me the local service person would fix the door and the lights, I should get a call from the service person in 2 days. After 2 days drove to the service person’s address, the place looked like the home of the Adams’ family. Called back Viking, asked for another service person, was told that I would get a call back from Viking in 2 days.

2 days later no call from Viking, so I called them, recited my story, was placed on hold for a good 15 minutes and was told that another service person, would be at my house the same afternoon. That afternoon service person fixed the lights, and repositioned the freezer door. I expected better service from Viking after spending $3,500.00 on one of their refrigerator. New problem now, the inside of the vegetable crisper freezes, I’ve lowered the inside temperature to 39 degrees, but no joy. I’m not sure if I want to call Viking Customer Service once again, to have this fixed.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

This French doors with bottom freezer refrigerator was very expensive and I am having a lot of trouble keeping my fruits and vegetables from freezing. I have had to throw out a lot at great expense because the drawers are just too cold, no matter what setting. Also, when the power went out I found out that there is no outlet in the front of the machine so I had to empty it into another fridge and freezer to store everything. At great expense I had the unit moved out from the wall and an extension cord added so that I will not have this disaster again. What dumb design work was that??

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

The first refrigerator broke down after 4 years of repairs. I hope the newly replace will last longer than 4 years. I am giving it a three star because of the first refrigerator broke down but was replaced with a new fridge, but the whole process took forever.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Headquarters was amazing. Great company and customer service. I will buy Viking in the future. Thanks for caring as a company. I wish more companies backed up their products like I experienced with Viking.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Viking seems to have a pretty good reputation. Also, I had a Viking stand-alone refrigerator before that I bought on sale and it was good for years. So, when I saw that they had a floor model sale, I took it as a good opportunity to upgrade. I got another stand-alone refrigerator and its interior design is nice and quite functional. It also seems solid and reliable, like the Viking refrigerator that I had before. Viking Support has been very good, too. When the dealer sent a crew who was not a certified installer and did an extremely poor job, I ended up calling Viking Support and that was when I finally got help.

So far, I like the refrigeration part of my current Viking refrigerator, but I'm not too pleased that its freezer. It is so noisy and on all the time, which is quite bothersome when it is in the middle of a kitchen or family room area. It did not occur to me when I had the smaller refrigerator that the freezer kicked on all the time. With this one, the compressor kicks on for a few times a day and when I open it, which I find unnecessary. Even in a cool day in Northern California, it would kick on and last for a long time. And I hardly use the freezer. I have called their technical support and the guy said that the freezer does that because it needs defrosting. But why would it need to do that all these times? I was also told that it’s normal, which I find counter intuitive when I hear the freezer cranking more often than I open it. So if that's really not a defect, then it is a very poor design.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

We're very happy with our Viking refrigerator. It's a drink fridge and its quality is really great. The layout inside is nice and because we got a counter-depth unit, it's not big and bulky. We knew that Viking has good products and we bought a Viking fridge based on quality and style. I would definitely recommend Viking Refrigerators.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Our Viking refrigerator is great. I like its soft closing drawers. It’s very gentle so nothing slams. We have had an issue with the ice maker not making ice, but we're under warranty though, so it's not a big deal. I called their customer service about it and everyone was nice. We had a guy come out and he looked at it, and there was a part that needed to be ordered. So, we're just waiting for the part to come in, and then they're gonna change that for us. Other than that, it's a beautiful fridge and we really like it so far. I would definitely recommend it over KitchenAid or Sub-Zero.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I like the quality of the Viking and they seemed to be the only one of the few who had the type of configuration we wanted. Our Viking fridge is great and it works well for what we need. It has a lot of space, and the space is very well designed overall. I bought the unit at Pacific Sales in Best Buy, and it took a while to order a Viking from them. The dealer doesn’t usually have them in stocks. I had to wait for two weeks for them to be available.

The installation process was a bit of a journey of its own. The people in the store did their best but they are not very knowledgeable about what exactly was needed for the installation. But the people who installed the unit were really knowledgeable. They came to my house four times, so I got to know them a bit. What they do is they install high-end appliances, and they're the ones who know exactly what needs to be done and in what order. So, I think it will be better if customers like us can speak to somebody that is knowledgeable after we purchased, so they can tell us exactly what to do because there's a complexity in terms of the water line and where the power outlet needs to be.

So, this company came to my house four times during the course of two weeks. One time, we were missing a part. And then they came, and they couldn’t install it because we didn’t have the right cabinet dimensions in. I, as a consumer, could have saved a lot of time if I just had one phone call with somebody who would explain things to me and give me the specific details. When you buy a piece of equipment that is $12,000, a phone call like that should be granted. If I was buying a $1,000 refrigerator, I wouldn’t expect that type of service. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with the product and I would recommend Viking.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

My husband has been a Viking fan from day one and when we purchased our home last year and decided to remodel, he said that he wants all Viking products. He is in the restaurant business and he likes the look. But getting the refrigerator brand new and having issues right off the bat bothered us. My husband still seems to think that it's condensation. We are hoping not to have to change the door right off the bat. But other than that, I like it.

I used to have double doors, and now I have the French with the freezer pull out. My husband doesn't like the way that the door shuts. It slams really hard on the left side so he keeps telling us all the time that we need to hold it as we close it rather than waiting it just to close itself. But I like having the separate drawer spaces from the veggies and the meats. I also like the way I can adjust the shelves. However, we didn't have a whole lot of choices because we wanted counter depth and I believe this is the only one that they do counter depth. Nevertheless, I love the look of Viking.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I’ve known about Viking for a while and I love their appliances. I went to a kitchen showroom in Concord and Viking had all the requirements that I wanted for my range. The burners today have different gas ranges on them and it drives me crazy. There's a range for simmering, another one for boiling and then one for regular cooking. Viking is one of the very few appliance makers that has a range top that every burner has the same BTU capacity so I can cook on any burner I want. Also, I'm only 5'4" and when I have a regular door on the top, I have to reach in. I had a double oven before and I burnt my arms a couple of times trying to reach in and get the stuff out. Viking has this double oven that I can open with one hand and both doors open. I was going for the complete functionality and that is why I chose Viking.

My refrigerator is working well and keeps my Cokes cold. I like it. But I had to call Viking for a service because the icemaker wasn't working. It would turn on but it wouldn't make ice. The plug in the back for the condenser wasn't plugged in all the way. When it was installed, nobody caught it because it looked like it was plugged in and it's not something I would see until I took the back off. The techs said it might have wiggled off a little during transit. There was also a spring that was not quite right on the freezer door but the techs came and fixed the issues. They are also changing a rheostat, a component in the hood, 'cause the light flickers and they have that on order. All in all, the Viking team is very professional and the techs were attentive and did a good job.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I wanted something clean and I like the look of the Viking refrigerator unlike those with a door with the ice maker in it or anything through the door because I know that separates. So, I bought a Viking. It is a brand-new refrigerator but I have not used it. It’s broken right now. In fact, it has not been right since the get-go so I’m waiting on repair and warranty. My experience with the dealer was good. It has just been a slow process.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

My son and my daughter used to rent places with Viking appliances and they loved it. They suggested it to me and we went with it because of the reputation and the good quality product. I purchased the refrigerator from the local appliances store and it was wonderful because we had done the research. We came up with what we wanted and looked up who could order it for us. Then we went to the store where they recommended online from Viking and we ordered that. So it was good. I like the look of the refrigerator and how all the buttons are inside. They're not visible. We've installed everything according to the instructions but the ice is not working. So the dealer who sold us the refrigerator is coming to see what’s going on. Hopefully, they will fix it. But other than that, there has been no problem and overall, the experience has been excellent.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I've known Viking Refrigerators for so long. I like the look and the style of the refrigerators. They also have a better quality than the rest of their competitors. The refrigerator that I have bought is average and I've spent $9,000 on it. However, I’ve already had a service call out here because the thing wasn’t working properly. Based on the fact that they had charged much more, their product and service should have been stellar. Even so, somebody quickly got out here and that guy was great. I also Iike the construction of the solid door. And also, I like the fact that the inside thing is made of metal.

Purchasing from Viking was a good experience up until the point where they were to deliver the item, but then it all went to crap. When they delivered the item, they gave me a delivery date, but they didn’t meet that. And then they gave me another delivery date and didn’t meet that as well. So it was just a big fiasco. It took three days to finally have the item installed. Since that was a Monday, they didn’t even have it installed and so I installed it myself.

Also initially, Viking was responsive. I had bought three different products. I bought a Viking Refrigerator, the beverage center, and the ice machine. And two of them were delivered on one day. The beverage center was deemed late by Viking. They said they didn’t have it yet. So, once again, the second time they came in, they’re supposed to deliver it but they didn’t show up. They called me and told me that it wasn’t gonna be delivered for another couple days. And then again, it was supposed to be delivered between 12:00 and 5:00, and they showed up at 9:00 at night. The second time they delivered, the service level just sucked.

These dealers are representing Viking. I know it's difficult because they’re not just selling Viking, they’re also selling other products. But at the end of the day, it puts a bad taste on my mouth that Viking works with these people. If Viking wants to say that they are a service-oriented company and believes in their customers, then they ought to pay attention to who’s actually selling this product and who’s delivering the product in the homes because it only takes one experience to turn somebody off. So I don’t know if I’d ever buy another Viking again. I would also tell others that if they ever want to go buy the product, that would be fine but I would also tell them to make sure they do their research.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Our Viking refrigerator stopped working. Then the oven that we chose worked for a month and stopped working, too. We had technicians coming back and forth with new parts for three times, but it never worked. And it took a while, from February until October, until Viking decided to give us a new one. We have a new oven now and it's working. The refrigerator is also working now, so I'm happy. But I was three weeks without it and it was a nightmare. The delivery of the part took forever and I didn't know what was causing the delay, especially with something so important like a refrigerator. When I was talking with the company that Viking recommended me to call, they said that we had to wait, that the delay was not on them, and that it was Viking that was taking forever to deliver the part.

We also have an issue with the dishwasher. It’s not working properly because it’s not drying the dishes. But I haven’t called and made a complain about it because the repair took so long with the oven and the refrigerator. So our Viking experience hasn’t been good at all. It was frustrating and more than challenging. We thought we had the best appliances when we got Viking. But my husband and I were talking and we said that if we move, Viking would not be the brand we’re gonna choose.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Viking refrigerators are of good quality and I love the sleekness of it. The cost is another factor I chose them. I would definitely recommend Viking products.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I’m very happy with my Viking fridge, so far. My experience with the Viking dealer was fine. I just called him, told him what I wanted and he delivered it. I like the size and the look of my Viking fridge, and the French doors are my favorite.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Viking is a commonly known high-end brand and it was installed in a new kitchen in a new house that I bought. We have an icemaker and the icebox is good.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Viking had a professional-style model that would fit in the space that I had versus having to cut out and build new space for the size to have a built-in look. However, the quality of their refrigerator was not great. It doesn't close wonderfully and I've had issues with the seal. But the team at the Viking dealer has been excellent. They're very helpful in getting all these stuff for me.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

The Viking ref matched nicely with our stove and I liked the way it looks. My experience in dealing with the store was good and we got a discount. We just had the ref’s three-year mark though and the alarm went off on it and it wasn’t refrigerating right. We called Viking and they were sending someone out in a week. But for some reason, the refrigerator just kicked back on and it was fine after a while. I’m concerned about the dependability of it, but, so far, the quality is good.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

In 2011 we remodeled our kitchen, spending over $100,000. We installed all Viking appliances. Since then we have had numerous issues with all of the appliances, necessitating 16+ service calls, causing me to lose all of those days of work. Most issues were with the refrigerator. In 2012 the original refrigerator was actually replaced. Yet the replacement has never ceased to be a problem, continuing until now. My complaints to Viking and to the BBB, therefore, continue.

We recently had another service call, from a different company. The technician, who was very thorough, found 9 major issues, which have existed since the installation of this refrigerator. These "defects" were not caused by anything that did/did not do. This report was submitted to Viking. Their offer is to provide parts and we are to be responsible for the labor. This is estimated to be an eight hour job, and to cost $1800, making it $225/hour. This is unacceptable!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I had a Viking refrigeration unit close to 15 years. But it crapped out and it was gonna cost $2,500 to fix it. The cabinetry that I have was all set to the same size of a Viking refrigerator and I didn’t wanna pull out the cabinetry that I have built around it. The showroom also had a Viking refrigerator that I was able to buy off the floor model that they were willing to sell me because I got my first Viking there so they gave me a discount on it. Its lighting is a lot better than the old one, but I'm very concerned when I bought it.

I bought it from Holloways and they told me that I would get the standard guarantees if anything was to go wrong. It's like buying a new product off of the floor. But the refrigerator wasn’t working in the store and it was just set up there. I thought I was buying a model where I get the same guarantees. After I registered the product with Viking, I was told by their customer service people that my refrigerator was out of warranty because it was on the floor for five years. If Viking was such a great company and had superior products, they would give me the same guarantee as a new refrigerator. I'm stuck with this model now and they will not back up a product that was brand new to me for more than 90 days. My experience with them, whether I get a guarantee or not, made me become turned off with the company 100%. I would not buy and recommend a Viking.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We've had the Viking refrigerator since ’07 when we remodeled the kitchen. Unfortunately, we've had a number of issues with the unit since we bought it. The compressor went out within the first three years and although it was covered, the hassle of having a refrigerator not working was not desirable. We also had something else similar go out that we had to cover labor on. Then we had an icemaker go out and it got replaced. Then back in July, it stopped refrigerating. We had a leak in a tube for the Freon. This tube system had a little pan that had water in it so it corroded and that was where it leaked. So we had a guy come in and do a repair on it. But that was only a temporary repair. In August, it failed again.

We realized that the unit was still covered for parts although not for labor because it was a six-year parts and labor then a 12-year parts warranty. At that point, the refrigerator was just under 11 years. So we called about having the part covered but the guy that we had through that one repair that failed said the he couldn't submit that to the factory because he was not factory-authorized. So I looked up an authorized repair center which was located in Wisconsin, about 60 miles away from us. But we were told that at that point, our warranty was null and void because the repair was done by an unauthorized repair guy and he did something that the factory would not have authorized. When we contacted Viking, they confirmed that the repair that was done, which was putting a sealer into some Freon, was not really authorized and it could cause other parts to fail.

I also talked to two technicians and when the customer service person came back, they offered us a different unit, a brand new unit, at a 25% discount. But it was still gonna be a lot of money. Plus the new unit did not have some of the features we had. It did not even have a water dispenser. Then I contacted this other repair guy. He said that he was pretty sure he knew what was wrong. He came back and fixed it, and it's been working fine ever since. Hailey, from the unit factory, contacted us and she was a very nice person. My wife explained to her what had happened and that we were just gonna stay with what we had and see how it goes.

So the refrigerator had four different repairs and the door ripped on it as well. There is no perfect but you would think some of these things would be more long-lasting than what they had been. The design is really poor unfortunately. While we like the unit, we're disappointed with the quality of the high-end appliance that we paid a premium price for. We initially paid somewhere in the $5,000 range for it and the fact that it has gone out so many times is disappointing.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Viking’s dealer was very helpful when I called them. All warranty work was approved and I was supposed to have them repaired through Viking. But, I am still waiting for the repair people to call me back and schedule my next set of repairs for the gasket of my fridge. Also, I am waiting on Bob’s Repair who was supposed to contact me to repair the stovetop that needs to be regulated. I called at the end of September and I have been waiting for about three weeks. That aside, I like my fridge although the stainless was a little heavier. I am happy with my Viking appliances and I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I’ve gone through lots of refrigerators and this Viking refrigerator, which I've had for three months now is a very good unit. Its door is really solid and heavy. I also got a warranty card. Viking is a great brand.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I've always known about Viking being a good brand. I went to Best Buy and I saw it, and I thought it was a really great-looking refrigerator. It fit my kitchen so I’m very happy with it. It's top quality and I like the way I can maneuver the layout of the shelves.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

My handles keep loosening and tightening does not work. I would love suggestions as my fridge is less than two years old and to have handles that come off is rather bizarre. I was told I could have someone come out and checkout the price... over 200 to just tighten handles that no one can tighten... The allen wrench holes do not function.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

In the last month (September 2018), I have had three door containers fall off the door and shatter on the floor when I opened the refrigerator. All three door containers broke about one week apart. In addition, my cold storage drawer handle broke (plastic). What is going on with these components? Has anyone else experienced failure. This refrigerator was purchased in 2012, along with five other stainless Viking appliances. No problems with them. Viking says there is no recall and my warranty has expired. I would Viking to step up to the plate and assist. These are solid pieces that have appeared to fracture after six years of use. I would expect other things to malfunction but not solid plastic pieces.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

The replacement water filter sold to me by a Viking authorized dealer in Canada cost me just over $200 when the exact same product is sold at Home Depot for $60. The water filter is manufactured by Every Drop and the product number is EDR4RXD1. The packaging states that "The ONLY brand tested and certified for use in these refrigerator systems: Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana, Jenn-Air and KitchenAid." There is no reference to Viking. 4MD Mechanical in Courtice, Ontario (Canada) installed the water filter and will not provide me a refund. Viking helpdesk has not returned my emails. Since the water filter is required to be replaced every 6 months, operating this Viking fridge would cost me more than $400 per year. If this is the case, consumers should know about this.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

My builder put in the Viking products and I've had a lot of problems with them. One of the ovens is totally incomplete. I spoke with the local Viking authorized dealer and they were willing to give me a 25% discount on the part. I told them that they should give me a 25% discount on the all-new Viking Range because it's a disaster and I don't wanna have to pay twice for it now. But they won't cooperate. Also, my Viking refrigerator is leaking again. My experience with Viking has been bad because it cost a fortune to fix anything. It's $750 just to move the appliance away from the wall. I've also had multiple leaks, and it's difficult to get people that work on Viking work efficiently and effectively with Viking.

Viking expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Viking is a luxury brand of appliances that became famous for its line of stove ranges. The company sells a wide variety of appliances, including refrigerators, and is based in Greenwood, Mississippi.

• Luxury: Viking offers top-notch, luxury products that use high-quality materials and offer many desirable features, such as icemakers and bottom-drawer freezers.

• Built-in option: Viking offers customers built-in refrigerator options, which means that customers can customize their refrigerator to match their home.

• Energy Star: The products that Viking makes are Energy Star rated, which means they efficiently use energy and are better for the environment.

• Size variety: The company offers refrigerators in a huge range of sizes so the products fit into many homes or commercial establishments.

• Unique products: Viking offers customers unique products, like beverage centers to keep drinks cool, under counter fridges and refrigerated drawers.

• Best for: Luxury homeowners looking for high-quality appliances, and commercial establishments that want to purchase a refrigerator.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs