3.5/5 (164 ratings)

About Viking Refrigerators

Viking is a luxury appliance manufacturer that offers high-performance ranges, refrigerators, dishwashers and more. Its fridges are available in a variety of colors, sizes and customizable options, and you can purchase them through local dealers.

Pros

• Luxury refrigerators
  • Variety of colors
  • Custom options available

Cons

• Can be expensive

Bottom Line

Viking is a manufacturer of luxury built-in and freestanding fridges with commercial-grade technology. Its appliances are available through a local dealer network, and you can customize them to your kitchen.

Top Viking Refrigerators Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I like the look of my Viking refrigerator and I’m very happy with its performance. It keeps the temperature well and if I keep the door open too long, an alarm sets off...I would ...

Verified

I went with a Viking Refrigerator and I've loved every minute of it so far. I like its sleekness and its look. Plus, all of its components are on the inside of the door when we op...

Viking appliances

Viking is an appliance company that manufactures refrigerators, stovetops, ventilation products and other kitchen appliances. Its refrigerators are luxury models with commercial-grade technology and hardware, and they typically last around 10 years with a variety of warranty coverage. They’re available in a variety of colors and finishes and can be customized to match your kitchen.

Viking fridge features

With fridges ranging from 18 to 48 inches wide, Viking has a refrigeration option for most kitchen spaces. It offers bottom freezer and side-by-side configurations, as well as all-refrigerator and all-freezer models. Some Viking fridges feature water dispensers or Viking’s Plasmacluster ion air purifier, which never degrades, loses capacity or needs replacing. Visit a local showroom or browse its online catalog to see which features are available for each model.

Viking fridge prices

Viking refrigerators are luxury appliances with prices from $3,000 to $10,000. Its professional-grade products, which are built for commercial kitchens and high-end homes, include upgraded features and materials. You can visit a local dealer for a free quote or check out Viking’s appliances in person at showrooms across the country. Often, you can negotiate prices directly with the dealer.

Viking FAQ

How much is a Viking refrigerator?
Viking refrigerators cost between $3,000 and $10,000. Your refrigerator’s size and style will determine its final cost.
Does Viking sell counter-depth refrigerators?
Yes, Viking sells counter-depth refrigerators. For accurate sizing, see product specifications on Viking’s website.
What company makes Viking refrigerators?
Viking Range Corporation manufactures Viking refrigerators from its headquarters in Greenwood, Mississippi. Viking is owned by the Middleby Corporation.
How long do Viking refrigerators last?
Viking refrigerators typically last around 10 years, and they’re typically covered by various limited warranties ranging from one to 12 years.

Is Viking a good brand?

Viking produces well-made luxury appliances with sleek designs and advanced features. Its refrigerators are costly, but with a variety of colors and wood veneers to choose from, you can customize them to match your kitchen. Check out Viking’s fridges in person at a local dealer or request a quote for more information.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking Refrigerators?

Original review: May 23, 2022

Viking was the finish that was available and it was the size that fit the new home we moved into. The purchase process was fine. We bought the refrigerator from our local appliance store called Martin's Appliance. The salesman there was knowledgeable about what they had for sale. This ended up being the right choice for us. The delivery was very easy as well. The guys that came and delivered the appliance got it in the house and got it put together. They installed in 20 minutes. Everything seems to function appropriately. Between the ones we were looking at, we liked the more robust feel of the shelves compared to some of the other brands we looked at.

Overall, we really like the refrigerator. The only thing that we would probably rethink if we were buying another one is the design of the ice tray. It has a big slide-out drawer for the freezer. When you slide the little shelf that the ice maker is attached to forward to actually reach the ice, the little skinny metal rod that's down there doesn't slide with the shelf. A lot of times when you slide the shelf forward, that lever pulls a handful of ice cubes down out into the bottom of the freezer. You have to reach around underneath to scoop those out and throw them away. It's more of a small annoyance but nothing major.

Viking Refrigerators response

Viking makes every effort to listen and hear what our customers want, which is our foundation for newer and improved models. Thank you for being a part of what Viking is building.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

I like my new refrigerator and the way it keeps everything cold in each area. There are no warm spots and it fits the space that we have perfectly. I wasn't gonna get a refrigerator with a rollout drawer on the bottom but it seemed to be made well so I opted to go with that instead of the side-by-side. People should do some research into what features each one has and then pick the one that fits overall what their needs are because one of the other reasons we didn't go with the side-by-side is because Viking makes them too tall. We couldn't have something that tall in our space. We only have 70 inches and a lot of those side-by-sides are 72-plus, and that's not gonna fit in the space. We'd have to take the cabinets out at the top and I don't wanna do that because I use those cabinets. So, it would be nice if Viking would make them a little smaller in a side-by-side too.

I know two other people who are struggling with the same thing. They have this standard spot that contractors made in their house for the refrigerator, and they're only about 70 inches tall. When you read the specs, a lot of those refrigerators want you to give them a 2-inch clearance at the top for air and we don't have that. Ours is smack way up to the top but we have air on each side. We haven't had the refrigerator that long but I'm anticipating that it's gonna be a real worker.

Viking Refrigerators response

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I like the Viking brand name. It seems well-recognized and established. We also liked the design of the fridge. We wanted a top fridge, lower pullout freezer drawer, which is a more traditional unit that is harder to find. We've had a few issues with it since installation and the response has been good in getting those issues dealt with.

We've had one service technician come out. There was also an evaporation water spillover on the floor. And he was able to identify that the heating unit, which is optional, it was never explained to us nor was it turned on. So he installed one for us. That evaporation issue has gone away and we haven't had any more puddles on the floor.

Also, there hum from the fan in the condensation unit on the top of the fridge. And we're still trying to figure out whether that was because of the way it was installed or whether it's the device. He thought that with us wiggling the actual fit in the cabinet, it might improve the humming. It did but the humming is still with us. So we were going to live with it for another week and then I'm going to call another service order request or pull the fridge out and put it back in to see if that makes any difference.

Our experience with respect to Viking has been more than satisfactory. They provide ample information with respect to the installation preparation and making sure the cabinet fits. Our cabinet was designed for the original KitchenAid. So we had to substitute a different refrigerator with slightly different dimensions. But it still fit.

Viking Refrigerators response

Our aim is to be here to iron out any and all wrinkles. Our customer care team will be here for you. Thank You for taking the time to let us know your thoughts on our products.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

We got a stove and some other appliances. The stove, we had issue with. It's a gas stove. The proper gas nozzle apertures were requested when we ordered it but they were not sent. And there were some issues between our local dealer getting that correct nozzle. That took time. And during the installation, the installers broke a piece of the stove or the oven. And it took two times to get the correct part. They got it the first time and they installed it, and the local people who were our installers and our repairer as well, said, “This isn't right.” So it went back to Viking. We talked to somebody. Got it right. And same thing with those nozzles. It wasn't done correct the first time. I don't know where that issue lies, if it was with our local person not being able to articulate what was properly needed, or Viking not understanding or sending the wrong piece altogether.

We chose Viking for several reasons. The aesthetics of it, how it looks, the way it would fit into our kitchen, the design, and its reliability, that it was a very good brand. I like how, when we open the doors, they feel substantial. Most refrigerator and freezer doors, you open them, they feel lightweight and not put together well. The Viking, when you open it up, that door is heavy. It's not heavy like I can't open it. But it feels very substantial, that I have something there that would hold up and done well.

Viking Refrigerators response

Our aim is to be here to iron out any and all wrinkles. Our customer support team will be here for you. Thank You for allowing us the opportunity.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

The refrigerator appeared to be nicely made, and it had a very nice exterior finish and design. It also had a good price point relative to other built-in fridges and a very nice incentive plan in effect when we made the purchase. I went from a freezer combo to this 42-inch side-by-side refrigerator. I love opening a smaller door whenever I go into the refrigerator. I really like the interior lighting and the space at the very bottom which allows you to put in a full pizza pie or deep-dish thing in there. Even though it's a very shallow fridge, it's got a fairly open spot at the very bottom, which I like a lot. All the bins seem to be very nicely made. I'm pretty happy with the fridge. The only issue I have with the freezer is that the cold air from the freezer compartment coming into the refrigerator comes in at one spot at the top. So things next to that will have a tendency to freeze, especially if something warm is put somewhere else in the fridge.

I bought the Viking refrigerator from Best Buy and they were helpful. They had difficulties in the delivery mostly because of supply shortages and also in terms of getting here in the time frame that my association allows. The biggest issue I had was that they didn't install the refrigerator properly. They never screwed it in. They left about a 3/4-inch gap above the fridge in the cabinets. I went online and figured out how to jack it up, which I did, and leveled it and screwed it in. So all looks great now. But I did most of the installation myself because the guys didn't know how to do it. It didn't bother me that much because I didn't pay a separate installation fee. But it would have been more helpful if they told me the truth that they aren't gonna install it and I should hire someone to do it.

Viking Refrigerators response

Our customers expect the very BEST and we work hard to ensure those expectations are met. Thank you for accepting nothing less; we appreciate you as a valued member of the Viking family.

Original review: June 14, 2022

The quality of the Viking refrigerator is good. The techs that came out for service were very professional.

Viking Refrigerators response

Our customers expect the very best. We work hard to ensure those expectations are met. Thank you for accepting nothing less from the Viking brand.

Original review: June 5, 2022

I like the Viking fridge, the style from the outside and what it's designed to offer. But I'm not going to recommend it. I can't, with all the issues that I dealt with, similar issues that took place, and the customer service response. I had two replacements with my fridge. One in the beginning and a second later, two years while it was still under warranty. It took me six to eight months to fight off that replacement. Viking arranges servicers to come in who technically are trained on Viking. But they're not. They train on every single fridge and Viking is not different.

In the third year of the fridge, it started creating condensation. Every time, when I put stuff in the fridge, it seems I need to be thinking about how the air will be moving around and leave gaps between the things. Because if I don't, there's condensation that gets built on top. That condensation starts freezing and, eventually, freezes the whole top piece where the coolness is coming from. That's the biggest flaw and I do not know why it hasn't been addressed for years. That's been the biggest issue for us, with all these replacements that I had.

Also, I'm glad to talk to someone in the US rather than somewhere in Manila or Pune, who doesn't even understand what I'm talking about, and I cannot understand them. The wait line and the responses are also very delayed. For two years in a row, I kept getting the same responses, due to Covid and I wasn't impressed by that same standard reply.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I got the Series 5 built-in and I like that it's nice and big. The doors are nice and solid. It's holding up pretty good.

Viking Refrigerators response

We're pleased to see the refrigerator meets your expectations. We take pride and care in every product we manufacture and are grateful to you as our customer.

Original review: May 31, 2022

The Viking refrigerator is great. The only thing, I'm shocked that there's nothing on the outside to get your water, a water dispenser. But I was talking to somebody and they said, “That's not a common thing anymore. You have to look for that." It is no big deal. But other than that, the fridge is huge. We can fit everything in there. You can shove a box of pizza in it. There are lots of room in the door to put things in. Everything keeps great as far as cold. The freezer is great, too.

Viking Refrigerators response

It warms the vessels of the Viking heart to know we have met your family's desires in a refrigerator. We continue working hard to make a difference. Thank YOU for trusting VIKING.

Original review: May 30, 2022

The inside of my first Viking refrigerator came damaged. They gave me a new one, but the new one came damaged too. They don't tape the shelving down well. It scraped up the whole inside paint during delivery. The second one had the same problem. Now, I'm waiting for my third one. The customer service wasn't good. They were telling the workers to paint the inside of the fridge. I also had problems with my stove. I had to have the repairman come out because it wasn't adjusted correctly. The dishwasher doesn't clean as well either.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We deeply apologize for all areas of concern. After careful review, we see the issues with products are being resolved. Should you need to, please contact our customer care team at 888-845-4641 option 3. They will be glad to assist.

Viking Refrigerators Company Information