3.4/5 (107 ratings)

About Viking Refrigerators

Viking is a luxury appliance manufacturer that offers high-performance ranges, refrigerators, dishwashers and more. Its fridges are available in a variety of colors, sizes and customizable options, and you can purchase them through local dealers.

Pros

• Luxury refrigerators
  • Variety of colors
  • Custom options available

Cons

• Can be expensive

Bottom Line

Viking is a manufacturer of luxury built-in and freestanding fridges with commercial-grade technology. Its appliances are available through a local dealer network, and you can customize them to your kitchen.

Top Viking Refrigerators Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I like the look of my Viking refrigerator and I’m very happy with its performance. It keeps the temperature well and if I keep the door open too long, an alarm sets off...I would ...

Verified

I went with a Viking Refrigerator and I've loved every minute of it so far. I like its sleekness and its look. Plus, all of its components are on the inside of the door when we op...

Viking appliances

Viking is an appliance company that manufactures refrigerators, stovetops, ventilation products and other kitchen appliances. Its refrigerators are luxury models with commercial-grade technology and hardware, and they typically last around 10 years with a variety of warranty coverage. They’re available in a variety of colors and finishes and can be customized to match your kitchen.

Viking fridge features

With fridges ranging from 18 to 48 inches wide, Viking has a refrigeration option for most kitchen spaces. It offers bottom freezer and side-by-side configurations, as well as all-refrigerator and all-freezer models. Some Viking fridges feature water dispensers or Viking’s Plasmacluster ion air purifier, which never degrades, loses capacity or needs replacing. Visit a local showroom or browse its online catalog to see which features are available for each model.

Viking fridge prices

Viking refrigerators are luxury appliances with prices from $3,000 to $10,000. Its professional-grade products, which are built for commercial kitchens and high-end homes, include upgraded features and materials. You can visit a local dealer for a free quote or check out Viking’s appliances in person at showrooms across the country. Often, you can negotiate prices directly with the dealer.

Viking FAQ

How much is a Viking refrigerator?
Viking refrigerators cost between $3,000 and $10,000. Your refrigerator’s size and style will determine its final cost.
Does Viking sell counter-depth refrigerators?
Yes, Viking sells counter-depth refrigerators. For accurate sizing, see product specifications on Viking’s website.
What company makes Viking refrigerators?
Viking Range Corporation manufactures Viking refrigerators from its headquarters in Greenwood, Mississippi. Viking is owned by the Middleby Corporation.
How long do Viking refrigerators last?
Viking refrigerators typically last around 10 years, and they’re typically covered by various limited warranties ranging from one to 12 years.

Is Viking a good brand?

Viking produces well-made luxury appliances with sleek designs and advanced features. Its refrigerators are costly, but with a variety of colors and wood veneers to choose from, you can customize them to match your kitchen. Check out Viking’s fridges in person at a local dealer or request a quote for more information.

Viking Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking Refrigerators?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

I like my new refrigerator and the way it keeps everything cold in each area. There are no warm spots and it fits the space that we have perfectly. I wasn't gonna get a refrigerator with a rollout drawer on the bottom but it seemed to be made well so I opted to go with that instead of the side-by-side. People should do some research into what features each one has and then pick the one that fits overall what their needs are because one of the other reasons we didn't go with the side-by-side is because Viking makes them too tall. We couldn't have something that tall in our space. We only have 70 inches and a lot of those side-by-sides are 72-plus, and that's not gonna fit in the space. We'd have to take the cabinets out at the top and I don't wanna do that because I use those cabinets. So, it would be nice if Viking would make them a little smaller in a side-by-side too.

I know two other people who are struggling with the same thing. They have this standard spot that contractors made in their house for the refrigerator, and they're only about 70 inches tall. When you read the specs, a lot of those refrigerators want you to give them a 2-inch clearance at the top for air and we don't have that. Ours is smack way up to the top but we have air on each side. We haven't had the refrigerator that long but I'm anticipating that it's gonna be a real worker.

Viking Refrigerators response

Viking makes every effort to listen and hear what our customers want, which is our foundation for newer and improved models. Thank you for being a part of what Viking is building.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I like the Viking brand name. It seems well-recognized and established. We also liked the design of the fridge. We wanted a top fridge, lower pullout freezer drawer, which is a more traditional unit that is harder to find. We've had a few issues with it since installation and the response has been good in getting those issues dealt with.

We've had one service technician come out. There was also an evaporation water spillover on the floor. And he was able to identify that the heating unit, which is optional, it was never explained to us nor was it turned on. So he installed one for us. That evaporation issue has gone away and we haven't had any more puddles on the floor.

Also, there hum from the fan in the condensation unit on the top of the fridge. And we're still trying to figure out whether that was because of the way it was installed or whether it's the device. He thought that with us wiggling the actual fit in the cabinet, it might improve the humming. It did but the humming is still with us. So we were going to live with it for another week and then I'm going to call another service order request or pull the fridge out and put it back in to see if that makes any difference.

Our experience with respect to Viking has been more than satisfactory. They provide ample information with respect to the installation preparation and making sure the cabinet fits. Our cabinet was designed for the original KitchenAid. So we had to substitute a different refrigerator with slightly different dimensions. But it still fit.

Viking Refrigerators response

Our aim is to be here to iron out any and all wrinkles. Our customer care team will be here for you. Thank You for taking the time to let us know your thoughts on our products.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

We got a stove and some other appliances. The stove, we had issue with. It's a gas stove. The proper gas nozzle apertures were requested when we ordered it but they were not sent. And there were some issues between our local dealer getting that correct nozzle. That took time. And during the installation, the installers broke a piece of the stove or the oven. And it took two times to get the correct part. They got it the first time and they installed it, and the local people who were our installers and our repairer as well, said, “This isn't right.” So it went back to Viking. We talked to somebody. Got it right. And same thing with those nozzles. It wasn't done correct the first time. I don't know where that issue lies, if it was with our local person not being able to articulate what was properly needed, or Viking not understanding or sending the wrong piece altogether.

We chose Viking for several reasons. The aesthetics of it, how it looks, the way it would fit into our kitchen, the design, and its reliability, that it was a very good brand. I like how, when we open the doors, they feel substantial. Most refrigerator and freezer doors, you open them, they feel lightweight and not put together well. The Viking, when you open it up, that door is heavy. It's not heavy like I can't open it. But it feels very substantial, that I have something there that would hold up and done well.

Viking Refrigerators response

Our aim is to be here to iron out any and all wrinkles. Our customer support team will be here for you. Thank You for allowing us the opportunity.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

The refrigerator appeared to be nicely made, and it had a very nice exterior finish and design. It also had a good price point relative to other built-in fridges and a very nice incentive plan in effect when we made the purchase. I went from a freezer combo to this 42-inch side-by-side refrigerator. I love opening a smaller door whenever I go into the refrigerator. I really like the interior lighting and the space at the very bottom which allows you to put in a full pizza pie or deep-dish thing in there. Even though it's a very shallow fridge, it's got a fairly open spot at the very bottom, which I like a lot. All the bins seem to be very nicely made. I'm pretty happy with the fridge. The only issue I have with the freezer is that the cold air from the freezer compartment coming into the refrigerator comes in at one spot at the top. So things next to that will have a tendency to freeze, especially if something warm is put somewhere else in the fridge.

I bought the Viking refrigerator from Best Buy and they were helpful. They had difficulties in the delivery mostly because of supply shortages and also in terms of getting here in the time frame that my association allows. The biggest issue I had was that they didn't install the refrigerator properly. They never screwed it in. They left about a 3/4-inch gap above the fridge in the cabinets. I went online and figured out how to jack it up, which I did, and leveled it and screwed it in. So all looks great now. But I did most of the installation myself because the guys didn't know how to do it. It didn't bother me that much because I didn't pay a separate installation fee. But it would have been more helpful if they told me the truth that they aren't gonna install it and I should hire someone to do it.

Viking Refrigerators response

Our customers expect the very BEST and we work hard to ensure those expectations are met. Thank you for accepting nothing less; we appreciate you as a valued member of the Viking family.

Original review: April 30, 2021

For my kitchen renovation, my design company that they use, Ferguson's and the chain of them here in the southeast, the only ones they had everything in stock was Viking. And when I purchased the stove, I got a free dishwasher. Headquarters had to call a lot and I had to have people here all the time. They were really concerned. When you open the fridge, the drawer to pull out, which is cold and you can keep cheese and meats in it, I cut my fingers and they were concerned and had headquarters call. And then, the repair people -- everything was free -- coming out all the time from Fort Myers. The guy called it metal burrs that haven't been sanded down. That was quite a worry. They called me from Mississippi. It's very rare and it just wasn't finished. And depending where you place your fingers, you could cut them on metal to open that inside drawer. So, that was a bad experience.

Also, the freezer didn't shut properly and the tech had come out several times. It was the most finite adjustment on something. But I could have lost a couple of hundred bucks worth of food because the alarm kept going off. And he came and fixed it, and an hour and a half later, the alarm went off again. He thought he fixed it. So, it was really challenging for the Morale in Fort Myers to contract repair people with Viking here in this area. That was maddening. And then, the dishwasher, an extra button for quietness fell right off on the floor, and it was a glue problem. The Morale had to come again.

It's free for me under warranty. It just was disconcerting and all the appliances were brand-new. I heard him talk to headquarters and he said, "Yes it's a glue issue." And he said, "No, I can't reuse it. It's covered in labrador fur and cat hair," which as soon as it started to hang out and the labrador would walk against it and it hung down from the bottom. It didn't seem to make much difference in the quietness. It's an incredibly quiet dishwasher anyway. But they had to order a new one, so that took a while, and they had to come back and put that in. That was a surprise, all that happened right away. But everything got fixed and I've been very pleased since. It's a super quiet dishwasher and I like the red light that shines on the floor that shows when it's on.

And then, all the new fridges, all brands, the alarm for the freezer and different ways to adjust the temperature of that meat drawer and the freezer. And then, I like the microwave. It's so nice and simple. There were higher-end ones with the convection fan in the microwave, and I got simplest because I picked over the stove with the vent pan under the microwave. The way my kitchen was designed, it seemed the best route rather than a hood.

The stove is unbelievable. This induction stove is the best thing in the planet. I heard good things about them and everybody I know who's renovating was getting new appliances, and new stoves are getting induction, and we're just in shock about it was the fastest we've ever seen to boil water or cook. So safe, the way the magnetic field isn't hot. The oven is incredibly fast too. It's interesting. You don't have to preheat at all.

The fix-it guy is a surprise too. He was fabulous, a longtime veteran and knows all his Vikings, and he was stunned. He was so puzzled about the freezer not closing. He thought of it truly as a challenge, a puzzle he had to solve. Because when he thought he fixed it, just 90 minutes later, it broke again. So truly, puzzled, and worked on the phone a long time with Viking in Mississippi and tried to solve it. It was the most infinitesimal thing, some tiny adjustment of a gear in the bottom drawer of the freeze. One tiny little gear off compared to the other side and it meant it couldn't close completely, and then it couldn't stay cold.

That was his first time ever had to have that. Also, the button that fell off, he was also puzzled. We couldn't figure out where it fell off from. Just one day, I was just looking, and I'd hardly had the dishwasher, and there it was hanging down the bottom, then it came completely off, and I called him up. When he came, "You sure that came from this?" He figured out where it was, couldn't save the old one or the new one, and it took a while to come. But ever since, things have been okay.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

We're having our unit repaired because the icemaker is not working, and it’s not self-leveling very well. The tech came out three days ago and determined the thing in the bottom needed to be completely repaired. He gave us a quote on what it is going to cost to fix that. Also, some of the lights aren’t working and we have to replace them. We love the industrialized look, but looking at this is a $10,000 refrigerator, one would think that these issues wouldn't be happening, but they are. We also have a Viking dishwasher that has not been hooked up yet, and we're crossing our fingers that that will not cause us any more trauma.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We apologize for the issues you have encountered. A member of our Customer Care team will be contacting you within 48 hours regarding the issues and repairs.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

When looking at other competitors of theirs, Vivint could step the design up a little bit. But for the price point, the refrigerator is doing what I would expect it to be doing. I haven't had any issues in comparison to other issues I've had or are having with Viking's other products such as the freestanding range. The performance has not been as expected. I've been having some issues with the oven specifically and the griddle not working. They've sent some technicians multiple times who tried to fix it but it's still not working. I'm trying out to see about getting a replacement or refund since it’s been over four times now. They're easy to contact so I'll give them a 10 or an A+ for that but the follow up is lacking. I'm having to follow up with them as to what's going. I've recently had to request an escalation to try to get information because they don't have much to go by based off of what they're waiting on with their contracted vendor.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We deeply apologize for the issues experienced with your Viking range. In careful review, we're pleased to see the issues are being addressed with our Customer Care team. A representative will be contacting you within 48 hours regarding an update on your range.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

My Viking fridge is of high quality, and I like the bottom being the freezer that pops out.

Viking Refrigerators response

This brings us great joy knowing the quality of our products is in such high regard. We take pride and care in every product we manufacture and are grateful to you as our customer. Thank you for your comments.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

The refrigerator's freezer door has been broken since day one and still didn't stay sealed appropriately. We had the local appliance company come out on multiple occasions already and we also had issues with the microwave and the dishwasher. All in all, I'm dissatisfied with each of the Viking appliances that we have except for the stove.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We deeply apologize for all areas of concern. After careful review, this has been forwarded to our escalation team. A team specialist will reach out to you within 48 business hours.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

I thought Viking is a good brand but the refrigerator saw two changes already and I'm not happy. They take too long to come and check it. I am frustrated. It’s the third refrigerator and still nothing is happening.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We apologize for all areas of concern. In careful review, we're pleased to see issues have been addressed. Please reach out to Viking Customer Care at 888-845-4641 option 3 should the need arise.

Viking Refrigerators Company Information