toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to live in the downtown Denver area and had a loft that I refurbished down there. I had all Viking everywhere. Then I moved into a new home north of Denver. I had to buy my own refrigerator because it was a brand-new home. I decided that the Viking fit in the space the best and I also liked my Viking purchases previously back in 2000. I’ve been pleased with my Viking refrigerator. I can’t believe how long food stays fresh in it. I can leave food in there for weeks on end, and it still comes out as if I just bought it from the supermarket so I’m very impressed. I think there’s truly something going on in that box. I also like the industrial nature. It’s all heavy-duty stainless and the moving parts are very fluid and easy to operate. I’m extremely satisfied and I really enjoy owning Viking. Viking is pricey, but I get what I pay for.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we purchased our new home, the Viking product line was used by the builder. The quality of the refrigeration is really good. We have a unit that has the freezer at the bottom and then the upper unit is the refrigeration unit. The double-door unit is really good. It's a definite upgrade from our previous refrigerator in our old home and definitely a lot cheaper and a lot bigger than our previous refrigerator unit.

I had no issues with the dealer. But I noticed that after a year, we got invitations from the deputy on board or the integrated maintenance feature refrigerator to replace a water filter and air filter so I purchased those through the Viking website. We recently had it installed, and it was really easy to do. Viking has very well built quality products. In fact, we have the kitchen full of Viking products. We have a Viking gas stove range as well as a double-oven. We're very satisfied with all of the products.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a pro series refrigerator to match my professional appliances. The Viking Refrigerator met my requirements plus it was around my budget. The person from the store has been helping me with the appliances and choosing the right ones, and thought highly about the Viking Refrigerator. It’s very well lit with the LED lighting and it’s nice being able to open it and see everything. I like the number of shelves and the fact that I can reconfigure them. I have one that folds in half, so that's also neat because I may not need a full shelf. I could fold one of the shelves in half to fit a gallon of milk or orange juice, but if I don't have that, maybe I want to have the shelves instead.

Also, the control panel lights up and temperature cool zone can be adjusted to cool whatever food you’re storing and it will keep it at that temperature plus the dial setting can be easily accessed because it’s in the inside of the door. That's very helpful because with other refrigerators, they have it in places where someone can't even reach.

The only issue that I had was that I had to have the refrigerator replaced 3 times because of the doors being not aligned and even. They tried to align the doors but the top part was wider open than the bottom. The store said that they couldn't do anything with it because the wheels in the back were not adjustable and they could not also adjust the doors. They could only do operating on adjustments. I called Viking service and they sent a repairman who said that it was actually defective and I need it to have it replaced. The reason it happened twice is because the store said, "We'll order a replacement," but when it came, one of the doors was dented. They've had the same issue, and they we're not going to leave it with me. They're going to take it back.

The store said, "If you're not happy with the Viking maybe you could choose a different model or a different refrigerator." But even though the Viking refrigerator has those issues, I liked it and was already in love with it. I couldn't find that different selection. So then they delivered a new one and it was better than the other one. It wasn't wobbly but it still had an issue with the doors. However, when the repairman came and told me that it was defective, he said the doors could be fixed but not the wobbly part. They called the service again and I said, "I got the replacement refrigerator. Can you come fix the door?" They did, so now it's good.

At least, they let me keep the refrigerator until I got the replacement so I was not without a refrigerator. But because it was a special order it would take long time, like in a month. I wasn't happy because of everything else, but regarding the unit itself and how it operates, I would definitely recommend it. For the price, it's great because it competes with the professional refrigerators.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We heard good things about the quality of Viking Refrigerators as we have friends that have the product. Also, I'm the type that wants everything to match and be all from the same manufacturer. When we were redoing the kitchen and updating everything, we wanted to check out all of Viking's appliances. The team at the Viking dealer was very helpful and accommodating. We found a great bundle wherein if we got the refrigerator and the range, we would get a dishwasher that was deeply discounted or free.

Since getting our Viking Refrigerator, I've liked the control panel where I can separate my temperatures. However, there was a piece that wasn't allowing the bottom drawer to close. Within a day of calling to schedule the repair, someone was out to look at the refrigerator but then the part took over a month. Their guy came this morning and was repairing the piece. He said that the piece was not even necessary and it was a piece that could create the same problem later on. It feels like there's some flaw in that design. Nevertheless, the refrigerator is amazing and we're happy.

I have owned my Viking refrigerator for 10 years. It has given me nothing but problems. Had to buy a new panel, new system for the freezer and now the condenser is out! Paid big money for this lemon refrigerator. Viking knows their refrigerators are lemons. We deserve our money back or repair for free!

Freezer continually breaks, especially the ice maker... Has broken now 4 times in 10 years. Lots-o-money. Not worth the extreme front end cost at the very least. Go with Sears appliances... anything but Viking.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a Viking Refrigerator because of its reputation and appearance, and also because it would fit into our existing cabinet. But I am not a hundred percent happy about it. The fitting is not very good and they had to send us three different sets. In the first one, there was a defect. Inside are two big yellow spots. When they delivered it the installation people already spotted those spots. It was not acceptable, and it even took more than one month for them to send the second set.

And then when the second set arrived and when they opened up the box, the upper and lower doors were misaligned big time. It was more than one inch misaligned so they did not install it anymore. So in this couple of weeks they sent the third one out. With the third set, however, the upper and lower door misaligned again by half an inch and we are already getting so tired of it. We accepted it but we were not happy with it. Viking has quality control issues because they have sent out three sets and none of them justified the price we paid because of the defects they all had.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Viking Refrigerators

Viking is truly sorry to hear about the issue you are having with getting the part for repair. We will have someone from our escalation team contact you shortly to see how we can assist.

Original review: June 15, 2017

Viking had a good deal and it’s one of the well-known brands. The products are sharp and we like it. But the capacity of the fridge we bought is a little limited. The space inside was not as much as we expected and it’s not holding as much stuff. We thought we looked at it but we may have overestimated. But the drawers are very nice and there’s no cleaning and no defrosting needed. They’re good. The lighting is good too.

The range we got from the was disappointing, though, because one of the burners was not even and the flames were not even as well. We called and a service came out and they said they needed to order the part and that was almost two months. They still have not received the part and I'm still waiting. When I called support, the lady who answered the phone wasn’t very enthusiastic about finding out what was going on and was not taking responsibility for the part. She said it sometimes takes a while for the part to come and that sometimes it may be from out of the country. I questioned why they didn't have that in stock given that Viking is a well-known company. After which, she looked into it but there was no record on the company site.

They have me on their database and they should have information about what my problem is and that the service had requested for a part replacement. They should know what’s going on with the products so if there’s anything, they have a database to work on. Also, they should have more of the parts available. We have a burner with Mila, their competition. Within a few days, they came and replaced it. That’s the kind of service I expected, not two months and still not getting the thing replaced at least. It's not vital but it stops me from using the cooktop.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. We were able to research this and find that service had been in contact with our Regional Service manager and has been out to repair your unit. This should take care of the issues with the freezing on the top shelf and for the no cool issue. If for some reason it does not please contact our customer support team at 800-241-9152 Option# 5

Original review: June 14, 2017

I built a new home about a year ago. I decided to stick my kitchen with what I thought was high quality appliances. I spent over $25000 on a Viking professional kitchen. Been having issues from day one. First, my 48" fridge freezes anything on the top self. After multiple service calls the tech admitted this was an unrepairable design defect. Today my fridge stopped cooling, nice for a $12k appliance. Also, the fridge door squeaks and is out of alignment just from ordinary use.

Second, my oven broke the first time I used it. Took about a month to get it fixed, the first time. Couple of months later it broke again, took weeks to fix this time, same defect. Also, the oven has an annoying function that keeps a loud fan running in it to cool it down after each use, takes about 30 minutes each time. So imagine sitting in your open kitchen, serving a freshly baked dinner, then having to listen to something so loud that you feel you have to speak over it. Poor mechanical design and poor quality, wish I could return them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Friends recommended the Viking refrigerator, and its name-brand and model made me go with it. It has a feature of ice in its door, and it's my favorite. The quality is okay, but I had to do one repair recently. I've also changed the refrigerator once since 2004. There was an issue with something and they offered to upgrade, so we did to get the ice and water in the door. Then, I had to replace the solenoid valve once for the ice-maker and the door stop. The parts of the refrigerator are expensive but other than that, they have very good customer service reps who are very helpful. I told them what was wrong and they sent the service guy out. They were able to fix it and they didn't have to come back twice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got the Viking refrigerator through our builder that arranged everything and because of that getting the service and the registration was cumbersome. In those situations, it could be made easier. We purchased the appliances almost two years ago but our house wasn’t completed until just now so, that’s a little bit of a difficulty. Other than that, our Viking refrigerator's quality is very good and we like its size.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for letting us know about your Viking experience with one of our dealers. We are always looking for ways to improve and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Original review: June 8, 2017

We went to a local Best Buy store looking for appliances and chose to buy Viking over other competitors because of the quality and the customer reviews that we had seen online. Best Buy assured us that because they sell the product, they were associated with Pacific Sales which sells Viking. They went ahead and did what they could to earn our business and matched the price that we've had gotten at our local friend's appliance. They beat it by $500.

However, it was probably the worst purchasing experience I have ever gone through. We purchased it on September 6 and by the week of Thanksgiving, we received part of our purchase which were the refrigerator, the microwave, the dishwasher, and the range. The people who installed the refrigerator broke the handles and dented the doors so they had to replace those. The double oven showed up totally damaged. The entire front looks like it have been dropped. It was mangled and we couldn't even open the doors. We refused delivery on it so that they would take it back and get us a new one.

We had spoken with Best Buy and Pacific Sales numerous times and they had given us the name and number of the Viking rep who serviced that door. The Viking sales rep assured us that everything would be taken cared of but she stopped returning my husband's call. We got our range that was damaged about five weeks ago and it was installed but about a week later, it had an F3 error on the bottom oven. So now we are waiting for the local rep because I did an online service call and they sent the information to the local person to fix them. They were scheduled to come yesterday but they didn't come. Now, they're scheduled to come sometime this afternoon.

It has been a bad experience from start to finish. Outside of the purchase itself and the fact that we finally got the oven with some sort of an error wouldn't have been a big deal if we hadn't waited almost eight months for it to arrive. It wouldn't have been such a terrible experience as far as Viking is concerned, but I am concerned as to who sells their product because it doesn't care well for Viking. Nevertheless, our Viking appliances are all great. We love all of them when everything's working. Even the oven is great with the top one that's working. The refrigerator has been the most beneficial for our family. I like that it has great space and everything's there. With it having different temperatures on, I'm able to keep the cheese and the vegetables from freezing. It's an all around good product and is well built.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did comparative shopping and heard about Viking Refrigerators through the showroom where you go to buy things. However, the Viking refrigerator I bought this time is a repurchase of the same type of refrigerator I had before we moved. When we renovated our other house and the kitchen. We’d use CSI for the first time and they were very helpful. They had our installation done and everything was Viking, including the stove. We had a Miele dishwasher, but we used CSI again and they did all of our installation well. Plus, their customer service was excellent. It was a very good experience and we were very satisfied. We like the high-quality product and I’ve been very happy with the purchase. It does what it's advertised to do. I like the benefits of the product and the features, including the freezer on the bottom and the French doors. We’d purchase it again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My parents owned a Sub-Zero which only makes built-in refrigerators and not stand-up ones. I've heard of Viking in the past and they're my number two choice. However, I received my refrigerator damaged. A lot of parts under it were bent so it's not leveled and I have to put a piece of wood behind the fridge to level it. Also, the bottom grille doesn't line up with the fridge. There's also frost build-up all around the inside of the fridge where the cool air comes out of the little vents. There's supposed to be a gap in between the shelves but they're touching. And the door slams hard. It doesn't feel like a normal fridge. It's hard and it's like plastic on plastic when it closes. The freezer door is not even with the refrigerator doors like it's pushed in on one side. When I close it, it’s supposed to be flush with the doors but only one side is pushed down and one side is pulling out.

The Viking team was friendly but they took a while to return calls. I spoke to a representative and she said she was going to check on my fridge. I had to call her the next week and they were supposed to call me back two days later and this last week but I still haven't heard from them. They said they were going to send out somebody to repair the fridge but the company guy said it's irreparable. Overall, Viking's built-ins are very good but their stand-ups are not.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had Viking previously in North Carolina and liked it very much. We bought a brand-new Viking French door oven and a stove top. But the refrigerator, we bought second-hand from a friend of mine. She ended up buying a brand-new pair for almost $20,000 and we’re like, “Good God! We can’t afford that.” We asked what she'll do with the others and she said she'll just donate them so we bought them from her. We’ve only been using them for two weeks but we like how it’s not deep. So, everything’s not buried in the fridge. Plus, the quality is second to none.

Viking Refrigerators

Viking is truly sorry to hear of the issues that you are having with getting service and parts. We will have a customer care representative contact you shortly to get all your information and assist with getting service out to repair.

Original review: June 2, 2017

My wife first heard of Viking Refrigerators, and we went with them for the price of the unit, the model we purchased and the brand's reputation. The team at the Viking dealer was very helpful and delivery was done on time. The style and the temperature settings are nice. However, I don't know if Viking was worth the money we paid for. We've had less expensive brands in the past that worked as well or had fewer issues than we've had with it. It should be more reliable for its price.

The water dispenser is leaking and the ice dispenser has been replaced twice since we purchased the Viking refrigerator. Also, the approved service provider that was recommended on Viking's website was terrible. They came on April 17th, ordered several parts and then they communicated but there hasn't been anything done. They said they haven't gotten the parts in yet or they are not sure if they've gotten the parts in yet. I'm having to contact them to follow up, and they're not calling me despite our verbal agreement. I already paid for the parts, too. We'll never use those people again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have Viking products in our previous house and I wanted some professional line. That is why my whole kitchen is Viking including the refrigerator. The refrigerator is cooling and it’s doing what it’s supposed to do. It's the only good Viking product I have. I have a dishwasher and a stove but that's a different story. I’m on my third dishwasher and on the second stove which has eight burners. They also have a good warranty.

Viking Refrigerators

We are so happy to hear that your Viking refrigerator is everything you were looking for.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I've known about Viking for years but it's always been out of my price range. I was able to find a good deal at Paul's Appliances in Newark so I went for it because it is the best for sure. The dealers there were just great. They were very helpful and was telling me all the great things about Viking, so I chose it. They were very knowledgeable about Viking. I love my refrigerator. I like it when you open the doors, the lights come on slowly. And I also like that it has a separate door that I can program for like wine or something else. It is great and I ever move, I am taking it with me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We owned all Viking appliances in our previous home. We had about 14 years of experience with the range, hood, refrigerator, dishwasher, and wine fridge. We've just started remodeling our kitchen here in Texas and purchased a Viking package here as well because of their reputation and the quality and the look of the appliances. We were comfortable moving forward with Viking again though what we got were kind of different products than what we purchased before in some ways. The range we had was a double oven and was kind of super high end range. This time, we have a stand alone LPG all-steel cook top and then a wall oven. I like some of the improvements they've made to the product line. The cook top is much easier to clean than the more commercial style we previously had.

We went for a French door refrigerator this time which got the freezer above and has two French doors. The whole refrigerator unit is really good and convenient. It fit in to the opening we have perfectly at the right depth. Everything about it is also pretty first rate. We are happy with the refrigerator and with everything but one thing I have is on the packaging of the product particularly on the refrigerator. When the installers came to install it, they spent forever trying to take the protective material Viking uses over the stainless steel off. They never got all of it off and I can still see some of the adhesive that was used to hold it on there even though I've used stainless steel cleaners that were recommended.

We did the purchase from Pacific Sales which is a brick-and-mortar store in Austin and is apparently a subsidiary of Best Buy. However, the experience was not good with Pacific Sales and horrible with Best Buy. The whole delivery process was a nightmare. We love the products and we had no issues with the installers that Best Buy used, but the length of time the scheduling took and the constant lack of information and the change of information were not good at all. I would probably never buy from Pacific Sales again. When we first started looking, we went online and found vendors that would ship the appliances to our home for free and no sales tax because they had no brick-and-mortar presence in Texas. But I thought of paying the extra sales tax which was substantial just to have that local touch and that good quality customer service which couldn't have been farther from what's the reality.

The Viking Range Corporation needs to know that when a customer decides to buy a Viking products from Pacific Sales, which is Best Buy, they're likely in for a tough go of it. The sales person who we dealt with never called and kind of washed his hands off once we get handed off to this contact person with Best Buy when things started getting kind of going sideways.

But now that we have the appliances and they're all in place, everything seems to be working great. I placed a call with Viking today as I was having some issues with the new wall oven and I got connected to a very knowledgeable person in tech support. He walked me through what he thought were the probable issues. It was more of a problem with me understanding the directions though I read the owner's manual pretty closely, but after talking to him, he provided a lot more information about how to use the oven properly than what I got out of reading the owner's manual.

Also, we had some repairs that needed to be done and Viking always seems to have good customer service. Viking corporate had to handle recall issues and they were good about notifying us for that. However, I've tried to register these appliances online and I've only got about half of them done. For some reason, it comes back and says they don't recognize the model number or the model number and the serial number don't match so they can't do it. I have yet to call so that's been a little bit of a pain but no big deal.

Ice maker has failed on 36" french-door bottom-freezer refrigerator, which is insane as the fridge is less than 4 years old. This is the second time we have had issues with the ice maker; the first time was a blocked water line that cost us hundreds to have a tech fix. Had a technician come in and look at it today (05/24/17), and he estimated $850 to replace failed ice maker unit ($240 labor, $555 materials). More than frustrated. Emailed Viking customer service via their website. Hope I get a timely response...

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and letting us know how we can improve.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I like that Viking's interior was metal and not plastic. It's a beautiful 42 inch brand new fridge but my experience with it has been sucky. The ice maker didn't work. It would make one layer and then it would stop. It took three trips from the repairman to fix it and it was frustrating. They came here once and couldn't figure it out. They brought a new ice maker and put it in. It still didn't work. I had to call again and they told me stupid things to do like turning down the freezer, but it was already at minus one. How the hell low do they want me to make the freezer? Then they changed the ice maker again. It is now fixed and doing good but I'm worried that it's gonna go out of warranty if it breaks again. I wasn't happy with the service at all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I always knew about Viking from reputation. We purchased homes in the past and my brother is also a chef so he's used to the Viking products and higher end appliances. I was in San Francisco and our home builder had Viking as all of our appliances. I have my whole kitchen, as well as the dishwasher, the refrigerator, the stove, the microwave, and the oven with the Viking line.

The refrigerator is great and I like the look of the French double doors. I've had the refrigerator for two months but it's not working at its optimal level. The ice maker doesn't work. But it was a good experience when I called Viking about it. They were able to set me up with a local provider. However, the local provider just came out a week ago. And it had taken them almost two weeks to come out to fix it. And they still had to order a part and it's gonna take a little bit longer so I had to go to Starbucks to get ice.

Viking Refrigerators

We are so sorry to hear of the issues you are having. We will have a customer care representative contact you shortly to get your information and assist with getting parts out.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I had a Viking refrigerator in my first house and then I got a new one now. It looks magnificent but I can't tell if the quality is better. My last refrigerator did not break twice but the new one did. The freezer and the refrigerator doors should stop at about 100 degrees and both of them broke, which happened twice. The parts weren't in stock and it could take 2 weeks to get them. And now, it's already been six weeks to get it fixed and I'm still waiting for it to get repaired.

Viking Refrigerators

We are so happy to hear that your Viking refrigerator is everything that you were looking for.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I wanted the French doors on top and the drawer at the bottom. That month, Viking came out with a new model but it did not have the water dispenser either inside or on the door and that was something I was looking for because everywhere that I did research on, the word was that there was a glitch with every refrigerator that has either a water dispenser inside or outside and you always have to buy the filter. I thought that was a hassle so I was pleased that Viking came out with a model that didn't have that. It was also a good made on their part because the one they had before the new model had an internal water dispenser and I don't drink cold water. I like either tepid or hot water so this refrigerator was made for my needs. It was perfect.

But the crisper drawers would ice up and there would be big chunks of ice there. They wouldn't thaw out so I would have to go at it with an ice pick. Viking brought a technician over to try and fix it but he said he couldn't do a fix. He said the refrigerator was a lemon. He worked on other refrigerators of Viking and they were fine. Mine was the only model where the defrost wasn't working. But they couldn't repair it so they swapped it out with a new refrigerator.

And I love the meat drawer of the new refrigerator. It keeps the meats colder so that it lasts a little longer. If I don't use the meat that's in there for three days, it would still be okay. I also like the freezer drawer. The fridge I had before I remodeled my kitchen was a side by side door. By then side by side refrigerators were not that well made because all the refrigerator manufacturers were moving toward the French doors with the drawer freezer. Some people say that one of the problems is when you have the drawer that pulls out, you're always fishing for space. But I find that I didn't have to do that because within the freezer, there's two pull out and one at the bottom. I can always see what's there which is nice. And then all of the freezer baskets that pull out, they're all wire baskets and not solid panels so the frozen food gets frozen hard.

I also like the fact that the lighting is in the front. In the Hotpoint refrigerator we had before we remodeled, the light is in the back of the refrigerator. So if I have any item that's tall enough, it'll block the lights and I don't get the light in the front. But with Viking, they put the light in the front and the lighting is good. I can see everything so I'm impressed with that, too. So overall, I like the layout and the one that I bought was counter depth which is nice too. The Hotpoint refrigerator that we had stuck way out in front of the cabinet so everyone is always bumping into it. So now being counter depth, there's enough room in the inside, too. It's a little bigger than my Hotpoint but efficiency-wise, it's all around so much better.

The delivery person had to deliver and install it and he was very conscientious about not marring the parquet hardwood floors and all of the other stuff. They made sure before he left that everything was up and running very well. I was impressed with the installer they hired as well. They didn't cut corner on service and didn't corner on the refrigerator which is nice. But I'm most impressed with the Viking service. Usually, companies don't replace defective products. They keep sending a technician once a month to try to mess with it. Viking couldn't repair the fridge so they swapped it out with a new refrigerator and I'm pleased with the decision. I never had that before so that was quite a statement as to how well Viking stand behind their product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a full Viking kitchen in my former home but I had to get a refrigerator in a hurry because I was moving. But when I got my Viking Refrigerator last January, I had a problem with it immediately. The freezer door did not close completely so I had the serviceman come out because it looked like it was out of alignment. He said we just have to pull it this way or that so he realigned it. I left town for two weeks, came back and my freezer was so frozen up we could not open it. On one side, there was a tiny gap and all that air was getting in there.

When I got back, I immediately called the repairman. He comes only to Tuscaloosa once a week so I had to wait a week. The serviceman came back and said, "You're gonna have to take everything out of your refrigerator. Turn the refrigerator off, let it thaw like an old-fashioned refrigerator, and then find a place to put all of it, then bring it back..." So it was a terrible experience. He told me that it was something that happens with that refrigerator and that was a very lame excuse. Everything in my house is Viking and this is just something I have to accept? That's not why I went with it. There was no repair done. He simply said that I needed to make sure that when the door closes, it is not caught one way or the other so that the air could not get in.

But other than that, buying the refrigerator through a Viking dealer has been a wonderful experience. They were very nice trying to accommodate me. Also, my overall experience with the repairman has been excellent. He was great, very polite, very kind and he fixes what the problem is, but I was not satisfied with the fact that I just have to accept it. As far as that overall experience with owning a Viking refrigerator, it's not good because I have this concern. It's just not a comfortable feeling. I even asked, "Would they do something to replace it?" He said, "It would really take something big, and this is not something big." I told him that the inconvenience that I had to completely empty my refrigerator, turn it off, let it thaw out, and then put everything back in the freezer is not what I expect out of Viking.

Viking Refrigerators

Viking is truly sorry to hear that you had a malfunction on your refrigerator after 13 years. I see were we have addressed the issue with the damage. In regards to the ice drawer we will be happy to repair the issue thru the warranty.

Original review: May 5, 2017

We bought the first Viking Refrigerator about 13 years ago. It was a piece of crap. When it came, it was all damaged. After a lot of arguing and trying to patch things up, they replaced it with another. The second one damaged my kitchen because it had a big mold issue. It's nothing but a joke. Viking took care of it but not to my liking. They paid for part of it but not even what it cost to do it. It took months for them to straighten things up. Finally, the refrigerator just plain died, I had to borrow a couple of other refrigerators to put the stuff in. It was just a disaster. It ruined our cabinets and our floor. The insurance company that they deal with was really not too accommodating.

We now have a new one, which they just installed a month ago, but the ice drawer was already broken so they just took the ice drawer out. We got a lot of Viking products in our kitchen. We had a dishwasher but it was no good and our stove has nothing but constant problems.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We love our Viking Refrigerator so far. The size is great because it is a really tall one. And of course, side by side is good. The only thing is that the side door where the butter is held, on occasion, if I put butter in there whatever keeps that door closed isn't strong enough and it pops open and the butter falls out every once in a while. But overall the refrigerator is restaurant quality, and Viking is professional. And when I originally mailed in the warranty and I had to call because I have the wrong address, whoever helped me there was wonderful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My friends have Viking Refrigerators in their house. I like the fridge's size, lighting, layout, innovation, accessibility and the piece of tray at the bottom. Viking also has very good service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have all-Viking appliances in my kitchen and I had a custom refrigerator. It was 10 years old and I was having problems with it. Not all the parts were available and it cannot be fixed so it was time to buy a new one. If it had not been built-in with the cabinet, I would have purchased a Sub-Zero because a lot of people said they had quite a few problems with Viking refrigerators. And it was $2,000 more than the Sub-Zero. But I wound up buying a Viking because I had to put in this cabinet what would fit. I got the exact same size as the one they took out, which had wood panels that matched the cabinets on it. But they don't do that anymore. The new one is all stainless steel, and it looks good with the stove and microwave, which are also all stainless steel. They all look the same so it’s fine.

It's brand new and it cools well, so I have no complaints. I like that there is LED light in it, because it's bright. You could see inside well. At the bottom, you have that little area where you can put a normal-sized pizza box and just shelve it right in there and it fits. Viking has made some design changes from what we have had previously and I think they’re good. But my questions were around the reliability in the long term. Because refrigerators aren't necessarily Viking's wheelhouse. It's more the stoves and stuff.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We decided to buy Viking based on the better warranty, it’s five years versus three. The food lasts longer with Viking's compared to our old fridge. And we have no issues with the Viking dealer, Ferguson, when we bought the refrigerator. It was fine. However, some of the labels on the refrigerator were not installed quite lushly.

I purchased a home with a Viking refrigerator. It looks awesome but have had constant problems with the icemaker. It either doesn't dispense through the door or falls on the floor or whine the other items in the freezer. I have had it repaired 5 times in the last 4 years and have lived with it not working for months on end simply because I didn't want to spend another $1,000 to get it fixed again and have it break 6 months later. My recommendation is to get something with more reliable parts if you use ice.

Viking Refrigerators

Original review: May 2, 2017

I've heard of Viking for years because my son-in-law builds very high-end homes, and I know that at times they use Viking appliances. We bought our Viking refrigerator through Best Buy, and the reps there were fabulous. This fridge was on display at Best Buy when I was there. The reps said that normally Viking refrigerators aren't on the Best Buy floor, but this fridge had been returned because it had a slight dent in it and the customer wouldn't accept it. One of the big reasons that I bought this fridge was the counter depth, and that was key.

We ordered our Viking refrigerator back in October, but we've been under construction all this time and we just finally got it put in. We've only been using it for about three weeks to a month. The quality of the fridge that we got is good. I like the brightness and how the doors open very fully. However, the only complaint I have right now with it is about the ice in the container in the freezer. Sometimes, the container overfills and when you open it, it pops the ice out down into the bottom. Nevertheless, I had a good experience overall with Viking.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Viking is a luxury brand of appliances that became famous for its line of stove ranges. The company sells a wide variety of appliances, including refrigerators, and is based in Greenwood, Mississippi.

• Luxury: Viking offers top-notch, luxury products that use high-quality materials and offer many desirable features, such as icemakers and bottom-drawer freezers.
  • Built-in option: Viking offers customers built-in refrigerator options, which means that customers can customize their refrigerator to match their home.
  • Energy Star: The products that Viking makes are Energy Star rated, which means they efficiently use energy and are better for the environment.
  • Size variety: The company offers refrigerators in a huge range of sizes so the products fit into many homes or commercial establishments.
  • Unique products: Viking offers customers unique products, like beverage centers to keep drinks cool, under counter fridges and refrigerated drawers.
  • Best for Luxury homeowners looking for high-quality appliances, and commercial establishments that want to purchase a refrigerator.

Viking Refrigerators Company Profile