Call toll free
  • 1 star
Based on 284 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized for their exceptional products, Viking provides free standing ranges, range tops, ovens, refrigeration of all kinds, and much more. They have re-engineered their products and they are better than ever. You can now own these products that were previously available only in commercial kitchens. Since partnering with The Middleby Corporation over two years ago, they’ve shifted their culture to ensure their products, quality, and service are the best out there. With numerous products to choose from, you’ll find exactly what you’ve been looking for.

Viking Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 12, 2018

646 Viking Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I got lucky while shopping for a counter depth refrigerator at Best Buy. It happened that BB had a discount on their Viking 36 French Door Bottom Freezer floor model as they were replacing that model with a newer model. On top of that the floor model had a small dent on the door, so it was further discounted. I'm have never owned a high end refrigerator... It's amazing in comparison to my last GE Profile. Good looking design, even down to the control panel. I was concerned about having the bottom freezer and now prefer it over a side by side. The interior LED lights are amazing. Fitting a pizza box on the wide shelving is fantastic. The motor is relatively quiet, a bit noisier when it goes through some sort of cycle every so often for a few minutes.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Viking is a good brand. I have all Viking appliances and I love them. I bought the refrigerator three months ago and I like everything about it. The salesperson who sold it to me was nice, friendly and helpful. Overall, it was a great experience.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I buy design magazines and I've always liked Viking. I liked its look and the efficiency, and I've always thought Viking lasts longer so I definitely had the idea in my mind that it was a step above Thermador. I bought it four months ago but I bought it in Kentucky and I live in Utah, so it was in transit. I just registered it and I've had it for more than a month. I bought it mainly for exterior and the tray storage feature that could store big platters and cakes. But I ended up liking the LED feature on the inside without knowing I picked it for that. I was surprised how cool the LED lights were.

When the fridge was put in initially, the circuit board had a little wire popped out and it wasn’t turning on. I thought it was going to be a big fix. The compressor worked but it wasn’t getting cold and I sent the crew away without final install because I had my house under construction back then. A man came out to repair the fridge and now it's all good. Everything has been great.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

The builders put Viking in the brand-new house which I've only had for over two and a half years now. And I've had trouble with both my refrigerator and my stove. Although, I had Vikings before and the refrigeration was okay parts of it get really, really cold and even the bottom drawer actually freezes things. I was disappointed within a few months after we got it. The dairy product holders were both cracked and when you open the door, all the butter falls out. It took me a very long time to get it fixed because the dealer’s contractor was not responsive. I was informed that the warranty on that was only three months, which I thought was crazy on Viking since a Viking product is so expensive. It took me over a year to get that done and even spent the year leaving messages back and forth and got me assisted for it to be taken care of.

I ended up just finding the manufacturer and ordering the part myself. I paid for $370 a piece which I thought wasn't right. I didn’t speak with a Viking customer service but I dealt with Ferguson which was the distributor that sold the Viking to the contractor. The experience was not okay. I had to get really mad and involve the contractor to get it done. The rep felt really bad once I called the contractor in and promised that would never happen again. So, I haven't signed with Vikings again. I’ve heard another person in this neighborhood who has Vikings and had the same problem with her dairy product holder.

Viking Refrigerators response

Viking is truly sorry to hear of the issues you had. if in the future you were to have any issues please contact our Customer Care department and we will be more than happy to see how we can assist you.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

The builder had already put in a Viking refrigerator when we purchased the house. I like the way the refrigerator is sloped and organized but I was surprised with the depth of the fridge. I’ve always thought it would be deeper inside, but it wasn’t. Also, I’m having quality issues where there’s a bit of water dripping from our freezer. So far, I’m a little not too satisfied with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

We bought a Viking Refrigerator on 20th of September. And then, we heard some grinding noise from the compressor. We had a previous refrigerator that failed and it’s giving the same sound. Also, when we got the refrigerator, there was a ding on the top of the door and the people who sold it to us said they’re going to get a replacement door and a replacement shelf that was cracked inside the door. They haven’t done anything yet, and it’s a little bit frustrating spending $3,500 on a refrigerator and then you have to deal with the people who sold it to us, who said they will just bring another one. They didn't even adjust the doors, so the doors aren't realigned.

In October, I called the main Viking office because I wasn’t getting anywhere with the local dealer. However, it was super hectic during the holidays so I haven’t had time to call back Viking and find out what happened after they took all of our information. We’re supposedly going to send it to someone so they could call us because nothing came up in the system right away for our location. They had to search for someone to service it or come check the unit, and so I just wanted someone to come and replace it because even though we love the fridge, there are so many problems in just within two weeks of having it. Overall, I would definitely tell my friends not to buy from the people who we bought the fridge from. And while the lady that I spoke to from Vikings was helpful, there were no follow-ups once she referred it to whatever area she referred it to.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for your review. We will have a Customer Care Advocate contact you shortly to see how we can assist with your unit.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I had a KitchenAid that was four years old prior to having my first Viking Refrigerator, and I had nothing but problems with their refrigerators. The Viking Refrigerator is beautiful. It was the only one that looked built-in and looked really like a professional grade refrigerator with the handles. It looks good in my kitchen and it cools the food. That’s top-of-the-line so I was expecting it to be quiet but that’s not the case. The actual noise that comes out of that refrigerator is absolutely unacceptable and terrible. It's super high pitched, like a whistling sound. It's the loudest refrigerator I've ever had.

I've had two people come out and look at it and they weren’t very helpful. One was here for five minutes and said, “No, that’s just the compressor. No, it's a little bit louder than most but that’s just normal.” That was it and then he left. I had three homes and several different refrigerators and for them to act like it was normal but mine was a little bit louder than the rest made me wonder if there was really something wrong with it. Even my husband said that we've spent almost $4,000 on this fridge and it's super loud. I'm just going to have to live with it and maybe down the line, if it doesn’t break in, then I'm going to have them come back out. And I'd tell others not to buy one because they might get a loud one like mine.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I've known about Viking for years but I couldn’t afford it. I saw them in model homes and heard they were of good quality, plus they look good. I finally got a whole set of the Viking Professional at Ferguson's. The refrigerator has been installed for one year now and so far, I like it. It’s a tall refrigerator with a big door. The freezer is at the bottom and is spacious, then there’s a drawer that comes out where you could put meat or veggies. You can see everything, and nothing gets lost. We've always had Sears products so this is very different. It’s so beautiful and it looks so professional like it belongs in a restaurant.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Love the product. Looks great, which Is why I chose it. The service was fabulous from purchase to delivery and set up. My only complaint would be the noise of the ice maker. It's so loud I can hear it from the other side of the house. Initially I thought someone was trying to break into the house.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

When we were trying to buy our house, we saw it came together with Viking products. A lot of people will buy it, so they installed the Viking products for us and they have high quality, but they're not as good as we thought. The inside space of the refrigerator is okay. It has a special space for the drinks and that’s a good thing, but the refrigerator started having problems after half a year the house was built. The part started peeling off and we haven't touched it a lot. After the person came here to fix the upper door and replace it for me, the lower door also had the same problems.

I called them to two months ago and they haven't sent anyone to fix it. The salesperson is the contact person if I need to contact another department to have the appointment with me to fix the refrigerator and do the next step, but the department never contacted me again and I can’t contact them directly to let them do it quickly. Also, I need to call them several times if I have problems with a Viking product.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

My wife went to a showroom and saw a Viking refrigerator and liked it. We got our Viking a year ago and I like the shelving. However, our experience with the team at the actual Viking dealer wasn’t great. They didn’t do a good installation, so we had to have a different team back out to re-install it. Also, when I made my warranty claim, I found out that the unit had not been registered with Viking. But when I went back on the invoice, I saw that I had paid a $4.00 fee for them to register it. I probably wouldn’t buy from this place again, although it’s not Viking’s fault but the dealer’s.

I have a warranty claim that Viking is working on because when the power is interrupted, the refrigerator sometimes doesn’t come back on automatically. If they can get that fixed, then it’s a good piece of equipment. If that can’t get fixed or if that’s a design defect in the equipment, then I’m not going to be really happy about it. Nevertheless, I was really impressed with the way Viking handled the warranty claim. It turned out that I called them a day or two after the one-year anniversary of the purchase date, yet they were very nice about it and they said it wasn’t going to be a problem. He could have said that I was one day outside of my one-year warranty period, so they were not going to do it, but they didn’t say that.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

42 inch quiet, cool, side by side refrigerator freezer. Model VCSB5423SS. We are having the WORST experience with the ice maker. It barely produces ice. Lakeview appliance has replaced the water valve twice with no success. We are now waiting on new ice maker. VERY DISAPPOINTING.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I’ve known about the Viking brand for a long time and we liked them the best for their brand reliability. We bought a Viking refrigerator and the quality is great. The lighting is very cool and it’s very compartmentalized. It has multiple drawers and many different places to put things in instead of only two drawers and a bunch of shelves. But since the purchase, one of the screws on the hinge at the top part of the main refrigerator door keeps getting loose and causing a grating noise when we open or close the door. Viking referred us to a sub-contractor that's a local appliance repair shop in San Antonio. And a guy came out and fixed it, but it only lasted for two days. It's an issue we’re still dealing with.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

We had run our course with other good, run-of-the-mill brands. One was a side-by-side and my wife liked it because it was a counter-depth but it didn’t have enough fridge space and had too much freezer space. It was a Samsung that had four doors and a three-zone in it. They were good on their warranty but we had nothing but problems with it. Then I had to wait six weeks to get a check from them. So I said, "Nevermore."

I’ve seen Viking Refrigerators in homes. They had built-in units in nice, fancy custom kitchens and I knew of their reputation like a Sub-Zero. Plus, I liked the simplicity, the build and the feel of the Viking refrigerator. That was what I set out to buy in the first place. We had a very good experience with the Viking dealer and we were well-served by the individual who sold the appliance to us. The one we got has a French door and the bottom drawer. It was the only model that was standalone and the rest of them were for custom kitchens. It's top-shelf and I’m very pleased with its quality. I like the feeling I get when I open up the door then the LED lights illuminate the inside and just slowly fade. It’s very pleasant to operate and it has lived up to all the expectations I’ve had of it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

The people at the Viking dealer were friendly and there were issues that they took care of. Altogether, they were good and shipping was great. They sent the refrigerator out quickly. I’m having a little problem with it at the moment though. The temperature is not setting the right way for some reason. It’s not matching what it says on the display. While I like the simplicity of it since I have too many gadgets, I would like to see a feature to dim the lights because they are too bright on the refrigerator. But I like the new shelving system which we did in heavy glass and also the drawers that are metal. Those are good features. I like them much better because they broke on my old refrigerators. I’ve been in the restaurant business and I’ve had Viking in my home all along. The experience with Viking is good. It’s better than I expected.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Growing up, I've always known Viking has great appliances. They’re the best and I liked the look and the quality of their appliances. All my appliances in my kitchen now are Viking and they're beautiful. They look classy or expensive. The Viking team has been wonderful as well. They sent me replacement parts and had somebody out to fix the refrigerator, no questions asked. The refrigerator didn’t work but it does now, so that’s good. The repair guy was fantastic too. They have been better than I could have imagined or hoped for and I would always recommend them. I would never not get a Viking product again.

Viking Refrigerators response

We are so happy to hear how much you love your Viking appliances.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

My Viking Refrigerator is good, except it suddenly stopped freezing and we had to repair it. We've had Viking appliances for 10 years and we've always liked them. For the fridge, I like its size and all its features. We've never had a problem with them until this year and they took a week to fix my fridge, which was quick.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

We have Viking in other parts of the house and we like the size, warranty, and price of their refrigerator. So we went online, got paperwork on it and had a very good experience with them. Their reps have been able to help me over the phone and they have great service. We like the refrigerator and it's quality is great so far.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

When the Viking refrigerator and the wine cooler were brought in by the installers, they damaged the handlebars and two of them had scratches. They hit the door entry area, too, so they damaged that as well and my contractor had to fix it for us. The two refrigerators were also not installed the way I wanted them to be installed and the doors were not in line with each other, so they were a bit off. There's also a half an ounce of leak periodically occurring on the wine cooler side. The installers set the refrigerators in and put in the backing for them to be stabilized. They leveled it a bit and locked it into that 2x4 in the back.

Then they left without installing the trim kit so my carpenter had to figure out how to put it in. The trim kit was for the refrigerator but we ended up installing it on the wine cooler side since that didn’t have a trim kit. Ben, from the Odmus Company, told me that I was supposed to use the trim kits for both sides, the refrigerator and the wine cooler, to make them look right and uniform. He said he would install them for me so I should get them. So I ordered another trim kit for the refrigerator but later, he said that there was supposed to be another kit for the refrigerator as well. This was never brought to my attention until months after I purchased the items, so I’m disappointed about that.

I paid $1,000 for the installation and trim kits thinking that the installers would finish the job and do it correctly, but it wasn’t done so. I reported it to Viking and to the store manager, but I never received any calls from BestBuy about this issue. It’s been five months since I bought the refrigerators. BestBuy held on to them for me until I was ready for the installation, then they were installed in my house two months ago.

I talked to someone from BestBuy last month and told them about my problems with the installation process. They got the original installer back to help me and they’re going to replace the handles, straighten out the doors for me and install the trim. But most of the work has been done already, so I don't see why I have to pay for the installation when the installers didn’t install anything. They just delivered the items and set them up. Other than that, I love the Viking refrigerator and the cooler, except for the leakage. They’re great refrigerators and I would recommend them to others. Since the installation process is the most difficult job, people have to make sure that Viking would do everything that they’re supposed to do and that they complete the job.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

The brand new fridge came with an SYCE fault, the people at Viking took forever to get back to me. I was sent to the Mexico rep, he wanted to charge me $600 dollars to come and see what was wrong. I ended up paying $750 to get the parts from Viking and I fixed it myself. It's incredible the bad aftermarket support of the warranty team to fix a problem in such an expensive refrigerator. It took 5 weeks to get a response, got tired of begging for support and ended up doing it myself.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

There were a couple other brands that we were looking at that had added features that we didn’t need. We chose Viking for the price and it was what we needed. I really like the pizza pocket thing in the refrigerator, which is really awesome. It's cool that I don’t have to rearrange my entire refrigerator for that. I also like the humidity-controlled drawers because we don’t keep meat in the house, so we have a lot of vegetables. They tend to stay better longer than in other refrigerators through that. It seems like Viking has really thought this product through.

Stuart, probably the store owner or a manager, was really knowledgeable and was able to direct us. He was able to show us the things that make all the difference with the price tag between Viking and the other high-end or low-end products. His sales technique was really good and he was very respectful. The only thing that was a little irritating was for the price tag of the refrigerator, better communication should have come from him. We seemed like an afterthought once he got the money and we weren't sure when the refrigerator was coming in or when it was going to be delivered. We expected a certain level of service and Stuart seemed like he dropped the ball after we paid him. I had to chase him down and lock in a date instead of him communicating with us.

Other than that, everything else was really great and we're really happy with our fridge. The delivery team was amazing and they were quick and very careful with our house and with our refrigerator. There was a little hiccup with the installation. The guy said they’ll troubleshoot it and see if they can make it work, and they did. People are really impressed when they come over and see that we have a Viking.

Viking Refrigerators response

We are very excited to hear how much you love your Viking refrigerator.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

We owned this fridge for 7 years. After 1 year, the plastic started cracking and falling apart. The shelves were partially exchanged under warranty but another year later started falling apart again. Now all of the plastic is cracked (clear and white plastic) and today the shelf fell off entirely onto my wife's foot with all of the condiments in it. I can't believe that such an expensive fridge has such poorly made plastic that wouldn't even be acceptable for a cheap fridge. If Viking was proud of their products, they should exchange or fix these kind of things, but it does not seem they care.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I sent in a big complaint to Viking and I’m getting very poor service. I spent $25,000 on a new suite of Viking and had it installed by a professional and several things went wrong. The first thing, I had a 700 series range top and the Downdraft. When we got them, there was a gap between the back of the Downdraft and the back of the range top so I called my retailer Appliance Works and they were excellent in everything we did. I said, “Isn’t there a trim or something like that?” He goes, ”Well, let me call my district sales manager.” He did that and then he said, “Oh, yeah. You need a trim piece.” So we got an installer here which I paid money for. I had to wait a week and a half and I had to pay for it to have that trim sent to me. We got the back trim and the installer started to install it. Then it stuck out an inch longer than the sides of the range top. I said, “This doesn’t look right.”

So I called them back and he called back the district sales manager and the district sales manager said, “Oh, yeah. There’s side trim that goes with that. I had the installer come back again so I paid more money for an installer every time the man showed up. Then I got the side trim and he fixed it. We had to cut it off because of the of the configuration. I've incurred another $300 to bring the installers back to do the trimming. It was not an easy task to install these range tops and all of these, especially the Downdraft, and the instructions were very vague. We’ve finished a brand-new renovation so then we hooked up the dishwasher and it didn’t work. There was an “error code 02” flashing. Nowhere in any of the brochures or online does it say what the hell error code 02 means. E02. The system was giving me a code of something wrong and there was no way to determine what that error was.

So I called my retail manager back again and they said, “Oh yeah. E02 means there’s a lack of water supply. I said, “Lack of water supply? That doesn’t make sense.” I had to call the installer back again and it had been twice because they were trying to figure out what was going on and they weren’t sure what it would look like. It was starting to work then it would shut off and the error code was last. He took the front panel off and the darn hose that drives the water to the washer that was installed by the manufacturer was bent. It’s a reinforced hose with metal in it and the purpose of the metal is so that it doesn’t bend easily. However, when it does bend, then it’s a permanent kink and it restricts the water to flow.

What had happened was the hose was too long and somebody forced it into the receptacle that you have to hook to when you install the water. The hose was bent therefore there was a lack of water supply. We had to cut that off, installed it, and the dishwasher works fine now. Then, I got a service call in on another issue. When I was checking the washer out, a lot of times I’d press the P and nothing would happen and the codes wouldn’t work. It wouldn’t come up and give me an option whether I wanted it on quick wash or extra duty wash or cleaning. So I called the customer service and said all of these to the Viking customer service. Another issue was that he referred it to the people here in Salisbury as a service center. I don’t want to work with these people because I gave them the option of buying Viking through them.

They were charging me $3,000 more and charging me for every nut and bolt they thought they would need to install it so I went elsewhere. So I called back my retailer and he said he’ll put another service order and I have yet to hear about that warranty schedule being done. Third issue, I went to register these stuff and everything worked fine. But I tried to register the dishwasher and it said, “Well, you can’t register. Your numbers are invalid.” So I called Viking and the lady was nice and she went, “Oh, you have to add a 1 to your model number in order to register.” I said, “Really. That’s nice to know. Can you do that for me?” She said, “Yes. But if I register it, you can’t see it on your account.” The whole purpose of registering this stuff is that if you have warranty work, people can go look and see what’s going on, that it’s a bona fide, the date of sale, and all that other stuff.

But if you register it over the phone, then it’s not on my account and unless you ask for it specifically through customer service, you can’t verify that this system was purchased through Viking on a certain date. I went back and registered with adding the 1 so there’s a glitch in the IT system there. Then I tried to register my Downdraft and I can’t do it even though it’s covered on their site. I called back Viking service and they said, “That’s right. We can register the Downdraft on the system. You can’t. But we can register it for you.” And I said, “Yeah. Let me ask you this. If you register it for me, I’ll bet you I can’t see it on my account. Is that correct?” They replied, “Yup. That’s right.” I sent all of these to Viking customer service and sent a long letter that went over each of those things and all the details. After three weeks, I had heard nothing.

Two days after I had sent the initial e-mail, I sent a note back to customer service, “Can you at least acknowledge receipt of my e-mail about these problems?” They replied, “Yup. We got it. Upper-level management is looking at it and will get back to you.” After about two and a half weeks, I called back and the first lady I talked to said, “I’ll look into it and I’ll call you back.” She never called me back after two days so I called again and I got a hold of a young man who was very helpful to a point. Within that day, he provided information back and said it’s been passed to the district sales manager for action. I said, “Well, I didn’t ask for reimbursement but I did tell you that I had spent over $500 in additional charges to have this stuff installed and fixed. Because of these issues, I’m still waiting for warranty work and not to mention your other problems with IT, so I’d really like a response from you all.”

The only response that I’ve received to date is that they’ve passed the information on to the district sales manager who has had this action for three weeks and I haven’t heard a thing from her. The retailer which is up in Easton, Maryland, said they have continual problems with this district sales manager. She never returns the calls. She’s had the action when the second trim kit was ordered back to the stove again. He passed her the action and said, “Look. You need to do something with this customer.” I had never heard anything from her about reimbursing me for the money I've already spent to pay for the trim kit or doing something to acknowledge the fact that I had had serious problems with this $25,000 set and I haven’t even used it yet. I don’t know what the status is but this district sales manager is not helping Viking image whatsoever.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for your review. WE are truly sorry to hear of the issues you have had. From our notes we see that you were directed to a Customer Care Lead and she was able to get your issues with the dishwasher addressed and taken care of and was able to work out with your issues on paying to have your contractor out multiple times for the issues with the side trim. If you have any further issues please contact our Customer Care department at 800-241-9152 Option 5

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

We’ve had Viking equipment in previous homes then we bought from them again and got a Viking refrigerator. It's good quality and it works. It’s doing very well and also looks good in the kitchen. The Viking dealer we got it from was very cordial and very easy to deal with. I would tell others to take a good look at Viking Refrigerators.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I’ve always wanted a Viking Refrigerator. Due to Viking's reputation and the way their appliances look, I bought a Viking refrigerator which is nice and I love it. I bought mine from Plessers.com and they were really excellent. But the instructions for the kick plate were pretty vague and I couldn’t figure out how to put the kick plate on the bottom. I thought I had the wrong one and they sent me another one, which was the same part. Then I realized how to put it on after that. Yet the response was really good and they didn’t waste any time sending me a replacement. I appreciated that.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

When we bought this condo, an LLC came in and we completely remodeled it. We had an appliance package that everything in the kitchen is Viking. However, I've been a little disappointed with some of the Viking products because I know it has got such a good reputation. The Viking refrigerator seems to be building up the ice cubes like you got a pull-out drawer. I really like the style of the double doors on top with the freezer at the bottom, but when I open the door for the freezer all the ice falls out the back of the tray. It was a brand-new kitchen when we got the condo and there was all this frost buildup. Evidently, somebody hadn’t put the shelves in right, so it pushed the door out a little bit.

I had a Viking repairman come in and he fixed that and he said a lot of people had this complaint as the tray isn’t tall enough at the back of it. I guess Viking has done something to order a higher back on the ice tray to hold the ice cubes in. He said he ordered it. I had spoken to somebody at Viking and it seemed that the people that remodeled did not register any of the products. I had to get online as well as on the phone to register the products and that was a challenge as well. I'm pretty efficient on the product code, yet it took about three days to get all the products registered through the website and for customer service to call me back and tell me, “Don’t put that number in. Leave that letter off.“

Viking customer service and repair was excellent. The customer service was very helpful getting back to me, double checking and calling me back. They were prompt and they were fine. It was just so odd about this logging in the product serial number and stuff and then not having to go through. The refrigerator was just good to average and I really like the bottom freezer. The refrigerator has a feature that has chilled water on it, but that’s something that I had no choice because the refrigerator came with it. Also, the refrigerator doors are not quite sturdy. It seems like when I open the double doors, everything seems to rattle and move around. But I've never had a double door before since I've had a KitchenAid with a bottom freezer and a big single door. So, maybe it's just the nature of having the double refrigerator doors.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I got my Viking Refrigerator when I bought the house one year ago and the fridge was awesome. But then a drawer came out and I couldn't get it back in. I spent five hours trying to get that back together. Even my husband tried and he couldn’t do it, then other pieces were falling out. I tried to hold it up with water bottles at one time. I called Viking and someone is coming to fix it tomorrow free of charge. They ordered all new replacement parts. Still, the Viking fridge is an excellent product. I like the door alarm too. If you don’t get it shut, it beeps.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I liked Viking Refrigerators’ fit, finish, features, and benefits. We replaced a GE refrigerator that didn’t come with a very good warranty. Viking came with a good warranty and we liked it. It matched the other appliances in our home. We’re still pleased with the refrigerator but are not happy about the fact that the water filter freezes up when you set the special chamber to something less than 380. I called them last week after calling and discussing with the local service agent. They need to put the top piece on the refrigerator. It’s an opaque vent to make it match the other appliances in the kitchen. The rep said he gave me all kinds of information and I said, “Look, I called the guy locally. He said if I called you guys, it’s more than likely you would respond since it was a customer calling and not a local service agent.” He told me to give him 30 minutes on the phone and he’ll call me back. That was last week and half a week has elapsed but no response.

The guys in Mississippi have been all kind but they make commitments and I don’t see any follow through with either myself or the local service agent. Viking has to start following through. When you make a commitment to do something, do it. And if you’re not going to do it or if you can’t do it, then tell me. But don’t leave me and the local service agent hanging. The local sales guy said, “Look, if you’re not happy with the refrigerator, the folks at Viking will replace it.” I don’t want a new refrigerator. I’m perfectly happy with this one. Just solve the problems that I have. I got two problems and neither one of them had been solved or addressed.

Viking Refrigerators response

Viking is sorry to hear of the issues that you are having. We will have a Customer Care Advocate contact you to get more information and to see how we can assist.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I got Viking's product because it fits in the space where I had to install a refrigerator. Number two, I like the lines of it and number three, because of their reputation. My Viking refrigerator has been good so far. I like the performance and how it’s good with the refrigeration part and the freezer. But I don’t like that the ice cubes keep flowing over and I don’t know how to shut it off like the other refrigerators.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Our Viking Refrigerator came with the house and was chosen by the builder. So far, the quality has been okay but we had some issues. First, the handle on the fridge-side door broke. I called the customer service and they sent someone over to check. They ended up ordering a new part. It was covered under the warranty and everything was taken care of in a timely manner. Second, the freezer is making a noise. Last week, we had noticed this noise for four days. Then over the weekend, the noise disappeared. I have an appointment today with the Viking’s service guy to come and fix the issue.

Viking expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Viking is a luxury brand of appliances that became famous for its line of stove ranges. The company sells a wide variety of appliances, including refrigerators, and is based in Greenwood, Mississippi.

• Luxury: Viking offers top-notch, luxury products that use high-quality materials and offer many desirable features, such as icemakers and bottom-drawer freezers.

• Built-in option: Viking offers customers built-in refrigerator options, which means that customers can customize their refrigerator to match their home.

• Energy Star: The products that Viking makes are Energy Star rated, which means they efficiently use energy and are better for the environment.

• Size variety: The company offers refrigerators in a huge range of sizes so the products fit into many homes or commercial establishments.

• Unique products: Viking offers customers unique products, like beverage centers to keep drinks cool, under counter fridges and refrigerated drawers.

• Best for: Luxury homeowners looking for high-quality appliances, and commercial establishments that want to purchase a refrigerator.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.vikingrange.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use