toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a house and it had Wolf appliances in it. When we moved here from Pennsylvania, we wanted to get Wolf too but when we looked around, we saw Viking and we decided that we wanted them. I wanted the look of the appliances over the other ones, and I also like the quality and the price. I like the way that the Viking Refrigeration was laid out on the inside and the storage. The team at the Viking dealership was very good and nice. They knew a lot about appliances. We had a good experience with them and the products. They were helpful, knowledgeable and very professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we purchased our new home, the Viking product line was used by the builder. The quality of the refrigeration is really good. We have a unit that has the freezer at the bottom and then the upper unit is the refrigeration unit. The double-door unit is really good. It's a definite upgrade from our previous refrigerator in our old home and definitely a lot cheaper and a lot bigger than our previous refrigerator unit.

I had no issues with the dealer. But I noticed that after a year, we got invitations from the deputy on board or the integrated maintenance feature refrigerator to replace a water filter and air filter so I purchased those through the Viking website. We recently had it installed, and it was really easy to do. Viking has very well built quality products. In fact, we have the kitchen full of Viking products. We have a Viking gas stove range as well as a double-oven. We're very satisfied with all of the products.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were in a Best Buy store that has Pacific Sales kitchen appliances and Viking is one of the products they carry. I've always heard of Viking Refrigerators. We were looking for a built-in type and also with a kind of depth but we didn’t want it to have a freezer. Best Buy had that there and Viking had a floor model that was half the price, so we got it.

We've not had it very long when we've had to have Viking come out and replace some bar that’s in the middle of the refrigerator that holds up the crispers and one of the doors that looks like it’s falling off. I've been very surprised that within a couple of months, such an expensive refrigerator needed to be repaired already. It's the professional grade line. Viking product was supposed to be sturdy in a professional kitchen. But I like the cabinet depth because it's easier to get things and gives you a lot more refrigerator space. Also, the way that I would look at the service through Viking, specific to one problem, was good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our Viking Refrigerators unit came with the house. I purchased it four years ago and it was custom made. It's a good freezer, spacious, and I like how it looks. However, its compressor and another part that's very expensive need to be fixed but they haven't come to fix it. It's also very disappointing that the part itself and labor are going to cost over $1,000. For the small part, I have to pay over $1,200. And I shopped around. It's been two months and so far, I've had a negative experience. When we bought the house and it came with the refrigerator and we thought it's guaranteed for three years but we found that it is only one year. That’s another bad thing. I would suggest to at least make the warranty just a little bit longer than 1 year, specifically with the products that are very expensive.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought a home that was completely renovated three and a half years ago and the decorator and contractor chose all Viking appliances for the home. We have a wine refrigerator, regular refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, wall oven, range with a small oven, big oven, hood and stovetop. We have had a couple of issues with the big refrigerator we have. The first time, the meat or vegetable drawer at the bottom of the refrigerator section froze and ruined the vegetables, and we had someone out a couple of times to look at it. Finally, they said there was nothing they could do to fix it, so we increased the temperature for the overall refrigerator. It’s keeping the vegetables from freezing but the refrigerator is not at the suggested temperature. Also, the hinge on the bottom right of the refrigerator has gone bad and the door squeaks when it opens and closes. But I like having separate drawers. It’s a great idea as long as it works the way it’s supposed to.

Over the past week, we spoke with a gal named Veronica in customer service and she was great. We would have been normally forwarded to the warranty department but they were closed, so Veronica took the initiative to go to her supervisor and we were well-taken care of. That’s why we would buy another Viking appliance. I didn’t think the squeaking would be a big deal to fix but they have to put a whole new hinge and it costs $800. Viking is coming to fix it and they’ve been great about it ‘cause we’re just outside the warranty time. Everybody at Viking has been very good so I don’t mind if things go wrong if the company takes care of it. They haven’t come to fix the refrigerator yet, but Viking is doing a great job at taking care of the customer and that’s the most important.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have a refrigerator which is only a few years old but my wife wanted the ones with industrial-looking handles so we bought a Viking Refrigerator. Also, a friend said that they would be better than Thermadors and Viking has a good reputation. But it had issues with the cooling that was running almost 24/7. It kept running and running and never shuts off except for five minutes and it will run for another six or seven hours. Then, opening the freezer door, it looked like a mist was coming in from the cooling bins where the cool air comes in. According to the sales guy, this indicates too much humidity but he didn’t really know where this was coming from.

We contacted the retailer and a guy came by and said there might be an issue. He suggested waiting until it’s in its final place because it's still in the living room. Then, he'd come by to level out the refrigerator and freezer appropriately and hopefully, the issue would be addressed. If not, they will have to provide some parts. It was a little disheartening considering it’s a brand new unit we paid a lot of money for. Therefore, we will know more in two weeks once it’s in its final place in the kitchen.

We installed all Viking appliances when we built our home. Thinking we had made a great decision on a high end appliance line. It has been very frustrating dealing with these appliances. The dishwasher stopped working and it was more to have it fixed than to purchase a new one. The double ovens have been running 75 degrees high after a year. After many expensive service calls they still are not fixed. The double sided refrigerator has been replaced once and the current refrigerator freezes food that is in certain areas of the refrigerator as well as we cannot regulate the temperature in the freezer, causes food to thaw. We have had many expensive service calls with no success in resolving this very frustrating problem. Viking appliances are beautiful but there is obviously a serious problem with their products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've known Viking for decades. They were offering a rebate on the refrigerator so I went with them. I also had a free refrigerator and the range hood with blower, which made my purchase more enticing. Without them, I might have bought the unit from Sub-Zero and Wolf. I bought it from the Better Housekeeping over in Red Bank and the people I have dealt with were great. But the unit has a poor design and if I had to do it again, I will not purchase this refrigerator.

The spring on one of the doors has a sound and the ice tray was poorly made because on the first week I pulled it out and the handle snapped right off. The magnet of the butter tray on top isn't good and every time I pull the refrigerator, if I have a stick of butter inside, it falls out. Also, compared to a regular KitchenAid, which are the deeper refrigerators, Viking units are more counter depth, so in terms of storage there isn’t a lot of cubic feet in there to use. With my particular model, there are four trays for produce and those trays are much smaller so I can’t really put a lot of stuff in there.

I also have the Professional Series for the oven, which is the one with the French door. Even though it’s a beautiful look, it’s really stupid that it’s said to be self-cleaning but because there’s no latch for the French doors, it’s not the same kind of self-cleaning at the lower oven. It’s just like a steam clean kind of effect and stuff like grease doesn't come off. I also already had a problem with our blower on the fan where it was making a lot of noise and I’ve already had a service call on it. So to spend what I totally paid, which is at $25,000 for my entire kitchen, I really shouldn’t be expecting or experiencing problems like these within the first year. These are high-end products, and it’s a professional series, so it’s very disappointing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Viking Refrigerator has been great. I got it from Best Buy and I've had it for several months now. I like its size and capacity. I called Viking weeks ago to tell them that my fridge is making a noise. They referred me to a local dealer and I left a message but they never called me back. Other than that, my experience has been excellent and I would recommend this appliance.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for letting us know how we can improve. Your feedback is appreciated.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I'm not proud of the quality of the Viking Refrigerator. It was replaced because the one in the house that I bought failed. And it was terrible dealing with the team at the dealership. They're unresponsive and disrespectful of my time. Also, there's lack of urgency and not knowing how to get certain things resolved.

When we remodeled our kitchen I decided to purchase all Viking appliances based on their reputation, and I thought they were built in the US. I have had issues since day one and have never really had anything resolved satisfactorily by Viking. My double oven has slow heating up times, uneven cooking, even on convection, and now has issues with the digital timer. My biggest disappointment however is the refrigerator. I was so excited to have a large all refrigerator in my kitchen. It has had multiple cooling problems since day one. I think the real problem has never been diagnosed and is now so bad that it is not fixable. I have spent over $2000 on repairs and it still doesn't work.

The door is simply too heavy for the hinges and will not close in the top left corner. This produces massive condensation on the inside which freezes. It also causes uneven cooling where my vegetables in the crisper at the bottom are frozen and the milk on the middle shelf is warm. We have replaced the gasket and adjusted the hinges but it simply will not close the gap. This is a design problem. Disgraceful for a product that cost over $7000. As of yet Viking seems on interested in resolving a problem. They are certified repair company has said that they are unable to help any further.

Viking Refrigerators

We appreciate your comments and are extremely happy to hear about your great Viking experience.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I was getting our house ready for a resale and I felt that a Viking Refrigerator had good reputation and would bring a value to me. I love this fridge and the lighting inside has been my favorite feature. When I open its doors, it’s bright and I can see everything. I also liked the Viking dealers a lot. They were helpful and knowledgeable. It was a great experience and I will definitely purchase Viking again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Being in real estate, I’ve sold a few homes and looked at a lot of upper end homes and most of the nicer homes have the Viking appliances in them and that always piqued our interest. I've also done a couple of build-outs where I've used the Thermador and Viking and I tend to lean more towards Viking. I liked the performance of Viking. My wife is quite a good cook and she has an oven also from Viking. It performs really well and she’s happy with it.

We like the style of the Viking Refrigerator. We also like the size of the pullout freezer and the adjustability of the shelves is another nice feature. We purchased through Pacific Sales and they were very knowledgeable on all the products. I financed the refrigerator because it was a 0% for 18 months. I ended up buying all four Viking products individually because they all matched. I'm very impressed with the overall service. We’ve had a couple of needs for the appliance repair team to come out. They were very knowledgeable on the repair, were good communicators and took care of the problem. I’m very happy with all the units, the service and the sales team. I’d recommend Vikings.

Viking Refrigerators

Viking is sorry to hear of the issues that you are having. We will have a customer care representative contact you shortly to see how we can best assist you.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

We own a Viking refrigerator and double oven stove. There were problems from the beginning and we had numerous service calls while the appliances were under warranty. The stove. Upon first use there was a gas leak in one of the burners. A service company came and used dish soap to identify the source of the leak and repair it. Shortly thereafter, one of the burners would not light. The same service company returned and had to replace a wire. Within a few months, another burner would not light. Another wire had to be replaced. Keep in mind that the stove was nearly brand new. We then receive notice that a new part is needed to address a risk that the stove may light itself at anytime. It took a year to get the required part to fix that problem. Presently, the grill will not light.

The refrigerator. We have a Viking double door refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom. The bottom of the freezer fills up with water and turns to a sheet of ice. Then, once a day a large volume of water leaks from the freezer and covers the kitchen floor. Over time this has damaged woodwork throughout the kitchen. Looking at this page reveals that this is a widespread problem with Viking refrigerators. It is also apparent from the postings here how much it costs to repair this issue.

I am disappointed that this has happened with Viking appliances to so many people, but I am even more disappointed at the lack of customer care. We have called Viking a number of times to discuss these issues and have gotten nowhere. Rather than address known problems with their products, Viking customer service says you are on your own, call a service company and pay for the repair. At $200 for a diagnosis appointment followed by a second appointment with parts and labor charges, the costs of owning these appliances quickly add up. These are expensive, heavy duty, appliances that should not have so many issues. I believe that Viking owes it to its customers to stand behind their products and repair what are clearly flaws in design. Unfortunately, that isn't currently the case.

Viking Refrigerators

Viking is sorry to learn you have encountered this issue. Naturally, we are concerned when we receive comments reflecting adversely upon the quality of our product. Viking Range makes every effort to manufacture products of the highest quality. Unfortunately, in spite of all the precaution taken to ensure the reliability of our product, occasional part failures may occur.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Viking refrigerator is very expensive at $13,000 plus tax. However, it was not that great because within a few months it stopped cooling down. On the contrary, it was warming up so it was losing a lot of food a couple of times. Luckily, it was under warranty so they replaced the fan, but that shouldn’t happen with a $13,000 refrigerator. I was not happy with that at all. We chose Viking because when we bought this house, they had used Viking professionals. We just wanted to match it when I replaced the dishwasher and the refrigerator. They have a good brand name that’s supposed to be really good quality, but it isn’t. I'm building a house in Malibu and I don’t think I'll get another Viking because of that experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Viking refrigerators had the designs we were interested in so I bought from them. But the quality is very substandard. They had to replace the first refrigerator because it was defective. It took eight service calls with countless calls back and forth over a period of seven months to finally replace it. Then, they shipped a new one and before they installed it, the installer scraped off the insulation on the outside of the door. It was a custom ready refrigerator so we installed our own custom panel on the outside of the refrigerator. So now, we’re getting water drippage between the refrigerator door and the inside surface of the custom panel onto our hardwood floors. And the food is freezing inside the refrigerator.

I’ve been going back and forth with Viking for a couple of weeks about this and I found out that they changed the engineering on the door. They’re saying that they can have new doors installed but they can’t be held accountable if my custom panels won’t fit the door. They’re not giving me any help. I called Juanita, the supervisor in the customer service department and she doesn’t answer our calls and doesn’t return calls readily. It’s ridiculous. My whole kitchen was breaking. I have this very expensive 42-inch side by side refrigerator, the dishwasher and the warming drawer. All the appliances are Viking. And then I don’t get straight answers from them at all. It wasn’t a good experience. I would not recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve had previous experience with Viking and I know its quality so I chose it over others. I like that the Viking refrigerator has more space but I had to return the original one that I purchased and get the same model. It's got an error code and it stopped cooling. It was still within the 14-day window that they gave me so I chose to replace it rather than repair.

I had a great purchasing experience with the team at Pacific Sales. However, when the delivery was supposed to take place with the first refrigerator, there was a reschedule. And I was not notified promptly. So, I had to make arrangements and then cancel them. With the second delivery, with the replacement unit, the same thing happened. I know they subcontract the delivery and it wasn’t a very positive experience. I was just trying to work something out with the salesperson because this was a big hassle - from the delivery, to the unit breaking down, to all that. So, he tried to do the best, gave us a gift certificate for $50, but we were not very encouraged. One mistake is fine, but twice and then a bad refrigerator. But there are always bad apples. So, I'm not judging the whole line because of one unit. It’s got a simple design and I still find it reliable.

We remodeled our kitchen in the Fall/Winter of 2015, with appliances being installed in January of 2016. We purchased a Viking 5-Series Professional 48" side by side built-in refrigerator (Model VCSB5483SS), a Viking 3 Series dual fuel range, and a 30" Viking ventilation hood, and all have been in use on a daily basis now for 1-1/2 years. We had a couple of minor things during install (missing filters panels for the hood, and a broken knob on the range), all were taken care of very quickly. This review is for the refrigerator. Oddly enough, after we placed our order for the appliances, I starting looking at reviews - the horse was out of the barn at that point - and I didn't like what I saw. I thought I had made a $15,000 appliance mistake. That was mildly reinforced when after just 6 months, I noticed the freezer and fridge temps starting climbing one day. I freaked.

I monitored the temps for the next 24 hours or so and they weren't improving. I started calling for help, remembering the reviews I'd read about awful warranty service, or any service & parts availability for that matter. The first call I made confirmed all of that... Zero help from a company that reportedly was going to be there for us. "Oh, it's 6-months old, you need to clean the coils - we get these calls all the time this time of year" (July). I said, "No, there is something wrong, the coils are fine - it's brand new". (And according to the user's manual, the coils do not have to be cleaned under normal operating conditions).

I dismissed them and put my wife on the task as I had other things to tend to. She called Viking, who then gave her a phone number to a local independent service center - and wow - was I impressed! Not only was a repair person dispatched to our home that same afternoon, but he had the needed part (evaporator blower motor) on his truck! 30-45 minutes later, we were back up and running and have been since. Fully covered under warranty - no hassles whatsoever. I started chatting with the repairman, who was very professional, clean, and knowledgeable, expressing my concerns about the Viking product, and he responded by reassuring us that, yes, Viking has had issues, but they were working hard at improving their product and service shortcomings. I couldn't agree more. We are very happy to this day about choosing Viking.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The kitchen was already here when I bought the house and the person that lived in it before I did recommended the Viking Refrigerator to me. It's a good overall appliance. From one day to the next, it stopped cooling. The main machine was frozen and that's why the cooling could not get to the fridge. But now it's all fixed. I love Viking.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm very dissatisfied with my Viking Refrigerator. I find the design of the refrigerator really crazy. You have to open the refrigerator doors to get water out of a spigot inside the door, which when you're filling drips onto the bottom of the refrigerator. And we have been having horrendous problems with the door sticking at the bottom. We've had the freezer door fixed four times that it gets to the point where you just can't open it. The service company has been in four times and they pull it all out. They clean out all the ice and do everything they need to do and they put it back. It works better because when they arrived you couldn't open it at all. But once they leave it is still not working properly. I don't know what the solution is because A-1 Appliance solved it for maybe two days, three days, four days and then it just sticks again.

Viking Refrigerators

Viking is truly sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your unit. WE will have a customer escalation representative contact you shortly.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I built a $163,000 kitchen and Viking is the least expensive product I have in this kitchen and absolutely the worst. The refrigerator I've had since March still doesn't work. Everything went into the garage until it got its turn into the kitchen. A couple of weeks into it, every time I open it up, everything in the front seemed warm. I finally put an analog thermometer in there and it was reading 50 degrees. Overnight, it would cool down to about 45 and anything above 40 is spoilage.

I called Best Buy and they gave me Viking's number because I didn't purchase their three-year warranty. It already had a warranty on it and I didn't think I needed it. I called Viking and they gave me the number to Lakeview who had an Illinois number. Two days later, I still can't get in touch with Lakeview so, I called Viking again and they got on the phone with them. Lakeview called me back and set up an appointment. They got here three or four days later and looked at it. They're in my house for an hour and determined that this piece has a faulty seal that was supposed to be replaced per Viking. They said it will be in a few weeks but a month went by and they didn't have the part.

Finally, the piece comes in five weeks after this initial problem. I called Lakeview and told them their piece is here and for them to come put it in. They came in the next day and it was an Electrolux. It doesn't have anything to do with the refrigerator that I have and it's the wrong part. This tech is on the line for an hour and a half with Viking and determined that my refrigerator doesn't need this kit after all. It's some thermostat, little plug-in thing and he said they have that in stock and it will be here in a week. A week goes by and I called Viking because I could never get in touch with Lakeview. They said that since they have so many problems, they'd like to offer me $150 and exchange my warranty for six months. I asked how they would do that and they said they'll get back to me but two days and there was nothing.

I called Viking again and asked for the part and they said Lakeview decided to order a bunch of parts for a bunch of other customers in the same group as mine. Some of those parts are in and my part that's in stock is lumped up with a bunch of others that have broken Vikings. They finally decided to separate the shipment and in theory, the part was shipped to Lakeview but I still have not heard from anybody.

Also, I asked about the $150 and the six-month warranty and they said I didn't send them a receipt. Nobody told me that and I was very clear that I spent $1,000 to purchase a refrigerator and shove it into the garage so I can have a refrigerator in Dallas, Texas, at 102 degrees. But I'm going to get this part installed and I don't care about the $150 because they want me to prove that I bought a refrigerator. Instead of just offering something and giving it to me, they put these little strings attached to it. Also, I'm going to turn them in to the Business Bureau. I'm going to light up Best Buy, Google everybody on the planet and tell them what Viking has done. Everything is the worst.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have six Viking appliances in our kitchen including the fridge. About three months ago our dog’s tail got severed in a piece at the bottom of the fridge. His tail kind of slid under there, and when he went to move out, it sliced his tail off. We stuck our hand under and felt these razor-sharp teeth, a toe kick across the bottom of the fridge. It was a terrible ordeal as my dog was in a ton of pain and lost a lot of blood. He had to be rushed to an emergency vet on a weekend to have two different surgeries and have his tail amputated. It was horrible for a while, but everything is okay now. The house is all cleaned up and my dog turned out to be okay.

My recent exchange with Viking was that I wrote them a letter to notify them of this danger of their appliance and to make them aware of the accumulating bills because of this. I also said in my letter that I have young daughters who are always right at my heels in the kitchen. Nobody is crawling around anymore, but my youngest is 5, so it's my concern. I called them and they gave me an address of a regional office. I mailed the letter off and within a week I got an email back and a phone call. Multiple people from different departments such as Human Resources and claims department, called me to check in and express very sweet concern for our dog. Someone from the claims department sent me a release to sign and I did.

They reimbursed me for every penny to have some of the furniture professionally cleaned from the blood sputter, and for the vet bills. They were prompt and courteous as could be, so it was good. They also sent somebody out here from a local appliance repair shop to replace that piece across the bottom of the fridge with a smooth panel that doesn’t have these grates in it. I wasn’t expecting that, and they were excellent. We like the quality of the fridge and we chose the set of Viking appliances that our builder suggested with our house. It's the look that I wanted, it's a brand that I respect and it's worked perfectly well for us. We've been pleased overall and would recommend Viking refrigerator. I would additionally suggest that people make sure to get this other base piece at the bottom that is in the original one I had, but I would definitely endorse the brand.

We purchased a Viking D3-RDDFF23655, 12/10/12, all was fine until Nov. of 2015, when there was water leaking onto the bottom of the freezer, a water device was changed and cost us $333.36 (just out of the 3 year warranty). July of 2017, 5 years after purchase. Ice maker was not working, filtered water was not working correctly. Another repair bill of $840.26 to fix problem. We paid $2,800.00 and in just 5 years have had to pay another $1,173.62. Averaging over $270 a year. Based on reviews before we purchased this refrigerator, we had never expected such needed replacements and problems.

Our order, which was installed in Dec. 2016, included a 7 series propane cook top, 5 series oven, 3 series upgrade dish washer, 48" side by side refrigerator, and 950 cfm downdraft vent system. The washer has been the most disappointing appliance of the lot. It has less capacity inside than our previous Kenmore washer and we've had to replace the racks due to a binding problem. There is also an intermittent problem with the control panel on the washer. On the cook top, the small burner does not light reliably and the design of the cook top makes cleanup a real chore after every use. The performance of the cook top, oven, and refrigerator is great other than the problems mentioned.

Viking Refrigerators

We appreciate your comments and are so happy to hear how much you love your Viking refrigerator!

Original review: July 17, 2017

Our new Viking Fridge is awesome! We love the bottom freezer option and extra shelves the new model has that our older model did not have. Our little boys are now able to access yogurt and drinks independently and that is a huge bonus for mom!

Viking Refrigerators

Viking is truly sorry to hear of the issues you are having. We will have a customer care associate contact you shortly to get your information and see how we can assist.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I bought this bottom freezer french doors 36 counter depth refrigerator 19 months ago and the freezer is icing up every few months. It's a total disaster and I am tired of constantly having to throw away food to unfreeze it. Once I spend hours doing it, things get back to normal for a month or so and then the cycle repeats. It's incredibly annoying and standard manufacturer warranty is expired after a year. Really bad product, you don't expect this from a newer fridge, especially Viking. Not living up to its name at all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a refrigerator and a freezer from Viking Refrigerators because of their reputation. My favorite feature is the built-in lock. However, I'm not satisfied with them because of the issues that we're having and they're coming tomorrow to fix them. The drain at the bottom of the refrigerator doesn’t drain correctly so it fills up with water inside below the meat compartment and sometimes it runs onto the floor. On the freezer, we're having an issue with the icemaker. The service was the only contact I had with them. Our conversation went fine but the only problem was that I'm in a rural area. I had to wait six weeks for them to come over to where this was located to do service. That part has been a bit of a hassle. It was frustrating just because of the service issue.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Given my understanding of the quality of Viking, the fact that they had a freestanding refrigerator that would fit in my space and the configuration that I really liked, I went with the brand. I really like the French door configuration without having to have an ice or water dispenser in the doors. So far, the quality's great and I hope it continues to work as it is. I love the product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The builder of our home referred us to an appliance place and we ended up with a Viking refrigerator because of the style. We also like the freezer at the bottom. It's three years old now. However, the ice maker's broken which is not great. We called and we're working on the repair but it's taken several weeks.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the quality and the fact that Viking refrigerators are made in the US. We got one delivered in June and it was a $3,500 fridge, but there were many issues with it. The doors could not be adjusted and the panel on the bottom didn't lay flush. On the second day we had it, it went up to 80 degrees inside. It started heating up at about noon and then by that evening, it was around 84 degrees. My husband reset the fuse box the next morning at 6:00 AM. It must have rebooted it so it started working again.

When I spoke with the customer service representative, she told me they were not going to send somebody to look at it because it was working. I found that unacceptable because there was something wrong with it. There was moisture in the seal between the refrigerator itself and the freezer. I could see where the freezer had somewhat warmed up because there was icy buildup on the shelves.

Initially, I wasn’t that satisfied with the customer service with Viking. The freezer was lukewarm so we had the approved rep here in Hawaii come and look at it. He couldn't figure it out so we ended up ordering a replacement for it. The new one was delivered two days ago and I like the double door opening. Right now, though, I feel that I am satisfied but I hope something doesn’t go wrong because of the issues I've had.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. We will have someone from customer care contact you shortly to see how we can assist.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I like that the Viking refrigerator is built in so, aesthetically, it looks very nice in our kitchen. It’s been installed for three months but it’s not up to the quality that we anticipated. The refrigerator tends to freeze some of our products if they’re in a certain area. I can’t get the temperature working right and I've had to make two different service calls on it already for other reasons.

Viking Refrigerators

Viking is truly sorry to hear of the issues that you are having. We will have a customer care representative contact you shortly to get your information and see how we can assist.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Our cabinet maker thought that Viking was a good product and I bought my Viking appliances though him. I went to a mobile Viking showroom event and looked at all the Viking appliances for a new home. And if I did my whole kitchen in Viking, they would double the warranty. Instead of having the three-year warranty, it came with a six-year warranty. It was a great deal especially considering that I've had to have them come out repeatedly to fix things that’s been wrong with the appliances. Apparently, the quality of Viking has gone down considerably in the last several years and I hadn't realized that.

I've got two refrigerators and the parts are just cheaply made. One of them was delivered totally damaged. The shelving does not stay in place. The drawers don’t function properly and the components bend too easily. The refrigerators are less than two years old and half of the parts in each one of them are bent, have totally fallen out or had to be replaced several times already. It’s very poor quality.

When they installed the dishwasher, they didn’t put the bottom plate on the dishwasher correctly. Some of the parts have fallen out of it as well. They’ve also had to come out several times and fix the valves in the dishwasher. But the worst is the range, which has never functioned properly. It’s terrible considering I now have $40,000 worth of useless appliances in my home.

The person that I contacted to get warranty service was extremely helpful and walked me through the process of getting everything registered. The problem was that they did not want to honor the double warranty on my appliances. Luckily, I had saved the original invoice and was able to forward it to them so that they could put into my record that it was covered for six years.

I've told everybody that I've come in contact with to stay away from Viking, which is sad because my husband is a home builder. We could sell tons of Viking appliances. But we buy all of the appliances for the homes that we build from Ferguson here in Raleigh and they have quit carrying the Viking appliances because they have so many problems with them. Plus I will never have another thing that’s Viking in my home. It’s terrible. We’ve had problems with everything Viking.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Viking is a luxury brand of appliances that became famous for its line of stove ranges. The company sells a wide variety of appliances, including refrigerators, and is based in Greenwood, Mississippi.

• Luxury: Viking offers top-notch, luxury products that use high-quality materials and offer many desirable features, such as icemakers and bottom-drawer freezers.
  • Built-in option: Viking offers customers built-in refrigerator options, which means that customers can customize their refrigerator to match their home.
  • Energy Star: The products that Viking makes are Energy Star rated, which means they efficiently use energy and are better for the environment.
  • Size variety: The company offers refrigerators in a huge range of sizes so the products fit into many homes or commercial establishments.
  • Unique products: Viking offers customers unique products, like beverage centers to keep drinks cool, under counter fridges and refrigerated drawers.
  • Best for Luxury homeowners looking for high-quality appliances, and commercial establishments that want to purchase a refrigerator.

Viking Refrigerators Company Profile