2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Viking Refrigerators

Viking Refrigerators
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.17/5

Viking is a luxury appliance manufacturer that offers high-performance ranges, refrigerators, dishwashers and more. Its ranges are available in a variety of burner configurations, sizes and fuel types. Customers see the widest variety of options with Viking gas ranges or dual-fuel models. Viking electric ranges or induction ranges have fewer size or configuration options, but these models are still feature-rich and can be customized by color.

Viking Gallery (6)

Viking Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: June 27, 2020

I liked Viking's reputation and the quality of their products. They were pretty much at the top of our list with the exception of La Cornue. But La Cornue was very out of our budget and Viking was much more reasonably priced compared to them. We ended up getting Viking refrigerator and range as well as their microwave and dishwasher. The whole kitchen is Viking. Their products look great, function great, and you always get a compliment when people come to the kitchen. We got them from P.C. Richard and they were tremendous.

A salesperson there named John was fantastic. He took us by the hand and walked us through the entire process of picking out the appliances and what was going to fit as well as what was gonna meet our needs. He was a huge part of us going with the full package with Viking. He kept on insisting that it's the best and said that he has it in his own kitchen. We also had to contact him at a later date because we ended up needing a trim kit for the microwave. We didn't think we needed that at the beginning and he took care of it over the phone very quickly. Then he had it sent straight to the house. That was installed recently and it worked out beautifully. I've kept my relationship with John, too. I've sent him quite a bit of business and I'll continue to do so.

So far, our Viking range has fantastic quality. You feel it on the door, the burners, and the handles. It works quite well and we are very happy with it. It's our first time owning any Viking product, but I've had experience with them before throughout the restaurant industry, being in that field. But we were almost positive that that's the way we were going. My mother also got a Viking refrigerator from P.C. Richard and she's getting the dishwasher as well. They're not in the market for a stove, but after my father saw mine, he loved the size of it. When you pull that door open, it's like pulling the bank vault door, so to speak. You could see it's so well made. We recently redid the whole house and we have a brand-new kitchen. We did it all in brick with white tile behind the stove and it looks amazing. It could go in a Viking catalog and we're very proud of it. I wholeheartedly would recommend Viking products and their reputation speaks for itself.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: May 23, 2020

We have Viking products throughout the house. All of our icemakers, double ovens, cook-tops, everything, are Viking. We had quite a few problems. We had two units that had icemaker problems back-to-back and it turned out that it was a hose up in the thing that was not connected properly from the factory. Also, we had one that went out. It wasn’t cooling.

Executive Appliance's service was good. The first time the guy came, he didn't have the right parts. It happened a couple of times. It happens in construction out here. He had to reorder. They came back out and took care of it, but the clients lost confidence in one of the units that we kept trying to repair. And he just said, “That’s it. It’s defective. I want it out.” So, we got a new one. And then we had two of them, one in the guesthouse and one in the main house butler’s pantry, and right now they're in. They're working great. Once the repairs were made, everything seemed to be fine. Everything has calmed down with the client. I’m not hearing anything.

Viking should check quality control. If it was me, I would do more inspections on how hoses are hooked up and make sure there are no dents on doors because we had one that came dented, and that could happen during shipping. We had to replace one of the doors because it was dented. The other thing was, two units had the same problem with the icemaker where the hoses didn't reach. That’s something that is being overlooked in the factory. I would just tell Viking to make sure the guys on the line are checking the unts a bit more.

We almost lost credibility with our client more than once. About three times, they were absolutely very upset about it and upset with us. Why did we pick Viking? They were less than purchasing these other products. So, some of the stuff does flow on price point. And when this home is all done, it’s probably a 15 to 17-million-dollar home. It’s 28,000 square-feet, so it’s a big home. I don’t know where Viking rates with stuff, but the clients chose this and they probably chose it in the beginning on price point. Now that we’ve gone through the house and seen all the money they’ve spent in all the stuff, they might have thought differently in the early going and might have gone to spending more money on a different product. But the units look good. They're all working, so in my mind, they're good to go.

Original review: April 30, 2020

We already had a major issue with the door, that little hook thing in the bottom. That is a poor design issue. The fact that if you open the fridge a little bit too wide, it cracks that piece. I figure the likelihood that it breaks again is extremely, and it will cost us $350 to resolve it. It's also a death trap issue because if you have a small child then that gigantic door opens up and that thing is broken off and does not protect your child and they get stuck between a counter, which can be a liability. That's completely unacceptable. Fortunately, we were under warranty so Viking covered it at the time. We've also had some of the plastic breaks in the refrigerator already which Viking wouldn't cover even though it was within the first year. For $10,500, that was pretty disappointing.

So now, I'm terrified. Everyone opens the fridge and I'm telling them not to open the door too wide. I have my old LG in the garage that I paid two grand for and it's still working perfectly. When the kids swing its door open and slamming it, it doesn't break off. The only thing we ever had trouble with it was an icemaker. It's a lot smaller. But the Viking fridge looks good.

We also spent $4,500 for a gas stovetop although we had one of the burners not working. They ended up resolving it, but there were these little rubber feet on the bottom that would fall off. Then, as I place the stove down and clean it, I have to scratch the top completely every time. I needed to call and ask them for some of those new feet. I assume it's something very cheap. I just literally have not had time to do so since this COVID and I'm working night and day and teaching my kids.

The other thing is that you have to be so careful in cleaning it. It couldn't be scrubbed with Brillo and so you couldn't get the stuff off. All you have is a dirty stovetop on the burner. That would be interesting. But otherwise, the oven and stovetop work and cook beautifully. We also got a dishwasher. It's great and quiet as a mouse. Sometimes if it didn't have that little red light on, I would never even know it's on so it's wonderful. I love it. Overall, we've been happy. Hopefully, it lasts forever.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for letting us know of your experience. We deeply apologize for all areas of concern. In careful review we're pleased to see the issues have been addressed with the unit being serviced. While we do not anticipate any further service, please reach out to Viking should the need arise. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

We owned a Viking in our previous home, and we are familiar with appliances, so we wanted to have a Viking suite in our new kitchen. We were the happiest with the double oven in our previous place. We had a different model, and the convection ovens were great. So that was our starting appliance, and then we just said that we’ll go with Viking. We thought about Sub-Zero and Wolf but we decided to go with Viking again. We like the size and the look of the refrigerator. In terms performance, everything is fine for now. I’m happy with the way it’s performing. I like the feature that you can control temperature in different compartments in the refrigerator, and there’s ample space in the freezer. The whole suite is the reason that we wanted to incorporate the refrigerator as well. But I would go with a different dealer next time.

We’ve purchased your appliances through Best Buy, and it was a very challenging process because we were given confirmation that all the appliances were in a warehouse. And when they were supposed to be delivered, the refrigerator was missing or it was damaged, and they couldn’t deliver it and the range top also. So it prolonged the contractor and our whole kitchen project. The whole project took several weeks longer than expected because the customer service was just lacking in the store. It was not great.

When the item was delivered, the protective tape was cut in the factory and it scratched the surface of the refrigerator. So there is still a scratch around the Viking sign that they weren’t able to remove. We attempted to exchange it but the new one was even worse, so we decided not to accept it. They should consider changing how they cut the adhesive protector because whatever sharp object they used, it scratched the surface of the door.

It was a great frustration because it took weeks for the replacement. Once it got here, the delivery people showed us the item outside and they said this one had even more visible scratch marks from the way that the blue tape was cut. They said they could replace it but we were gonna be even more unhappy with the new one. But the performance of the refrigerator or how it’s cooling has been fine.

Viking Refrigerators response

Our customers expect the very best and we work hard to ensure those expectations are met. We apologize for the issue you have experienced in the delivery and setup of your new refrigerator. Please contact Viking Customer Care at 888-845-4641 option 3 should the need arise.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

We were doing a high-end kitchen renovation and there were only a few brands that were built in and have the look and were a 30-inch refrigerator column. We’ve dealt with a small appliance shop in the past that our contractor recommended. It's a family-owned business so we were quite comfortable there and got great information. They treated us well at that store and we had experience with them previously on another renovation. I wanted to buy the Viking refrigerator because it has the technology to help remove odors where the Thermador we were looking at did not. And it holds everything I needed to hold. But we’ve had a second service call for the refrigerator, so we're a little uneasy right now.

There's been water leaking into the bottom of the refrigerator, so the tech came out about a month or two ago, and he found something that was wrong and fixed it. And then, they were out again today because it didn't stop leaking water. It was coming in from a different place now, so we're waiting on Viking technical services to respond back to us and the appliance repair guys.

Getting service is easy. We haven't had to wait very long to get appointments when we’ve called. We had vacation in the middle, so we had to wait a little to get the second call put in. But they've been good on customer service. When I called Viking customer service, it was really good. I emailed them because I was too busy to call and it took several days for them to get back. But then, they dispatched the repair people pretty quickly. The local repair service that is authorized is good so far. They even came into the newly renovated kitchen and looked around at all of the appliances and told us they could work on all of it. They've been pleasant and quick to show up, and easy to schedule.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. In careful review, we're pleased to see the issues have been addressed with the unit being serviced. While we do not anticipate any further service, please reach out to Viking should the need arise.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

My 11 year old Viking fridge door fell off 3 weeks ago. It caused damages to my hardwood floors, my quartz counters and some millwork. Not to mention it took 4 hours for me and my son to clean up all the glass and everything that was in the shelves of the door. I called viking - they told me that there was a recall. I never received any paperwork, phone call or anything regarding a recall. They then sent a repair company to fix the door. They couldn't fix it and suggested we get a new fridge. Someone could have been seriously hurt. But they don't seem to care!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Everything's been great with my Viking refrigerator.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

I've had this fridge for nearly 11 years and have had no problems. Because I love to cook, it's great to have such a large fridge which easily holds enough food for whatever I want.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I've known about Viking for years. I've had Sub-Zero for years, but we just replaced it with the Viking. I liked the quality of the Viking refrigerator I received. It’s a side-by-side refrigerator. However, there’s one thing I don’t like and that is there are no shelves on the freezer side of the door. There are shelves on the door on the top, but just not on the bottom. I’m used to the Sub-Zero having the shelving all the way down on the door.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I bought a new Viking 48” side by side fridge freezer 10 years ago and had the kitchen built around it. It looks fantastic and I felt pretty smug thinking I had a sub zero look but for a fraction of the price. However, 2 months ago it suddenly failed and started heating up rather than cooling. Here is the problem - I’m in the UK and Viking no longer trade in the UK. Despite contacting Viking numerous times I am yet to find an accredited engineer that will touch it. Quote “ I used to work on them but it got so difficult to get parts”. I found a local engineer who has serviced it and replaced the refrigerant but it is still faulty and now he tells me there must be an internal leak and therefore impossible to fix. So I have a £6,000+ fridge freezer which is useless and being more than 300kg in weight I don’t even know how I can remove it. To date Viking has offered no advice or help. No customer service whatsoever.

Viking author review by ConsumerAffairs

Viking is a luxury brand of appliances that became famous for its line of stove ranges. The company sells a wide variety of appliances, including refrigerators, and is based in Greenwood, Mississippi.

• Luxury: Viking offers top-notch, luxury products that use high-quality materials and offer many desirable features, such as icemakers and bottom-drawer freezers.

• Built-in option: Viking offers customers built-in refrigerator options, which means that customers can customize their refrigerator to match their home.

• Energy Star: The products that Viking makes are Energy Star rated, which means they efficiently use energy and are better for the environment.

• Size variety: The company offers refrigerators in a huge range of sizes so the products fit into many homes or commercial establishments.

• Unique products: Viking offers customers unique products, like beverage centers to keep drinks cool, under counter fridges and refrigerated drawers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team