3.22/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Viking Refrigerators

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized for their exceptional products, Viking provides free standing ranges, range tops, ovens, refrigeration of all kinds, and much more. They have re-engineered their products and they are better than ever. You can now own these products that were previously available only in commercial kitchens. Since partnering with The Middleby Corporation over two years ago, they’ve shifted their culture to ensure their products, quality, and service are the best out there. With numerous products to choose from, you’ll find exactly what you’ve been looking for.

Viking Gallery (6)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

549 Viking Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Over $1000 in repairs needed for a refrigerator that is less than 4 years old on a refrigerator that cost twice as much as a normal refrigerator. The service is just as bad and no customer support. Never will buy this product line again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The Viking refrigerator was my wife's choice. We liked Viking's cooktop and dishwasher, so we decided to go with their refrigerator as well. The refrigerator that we got is a little noisy, but we've gotten used to it. Other than that, the quality is very good. We had a KitchenAid before in our old house, but our Viking refrigerator does a better job of keeping things fresh and things don't spoil as fast in it. I'm happy and I've had no problems with it.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

We had a Viking in our house before we replaced it. The quality of their product is good and I like its lighting. But when we placed the order, they had a slow and long delivery time. Other than that, I would refer Vikings to friends.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Viking Refrigerators have been around for some years and they have a good reputation. I like the refrigerator size and the whole refrigeration system works good. They set up the refrigerator pretty good and it was easy to get through when I called them. I appreciated that the technician we had was very competent. He came and knew exactly what the problem was that we've described to him.

One concern that I had was that the condensation tray was collecting water and sometimes would overflow almost to the floor which I had to empty several times. So, he explained that they turn the little fan off at the factory that helps with the evaporation rate because they want to lower the sound so to pass either the sound regulation or energy consumption rate. And at the request of their consumers, they come in the house and turn it back on which got me a little confused as to why they do that and they didn’t tell me ahead of time.

Also, I noticed there was a lot of molds building in the previous tray when we pulled it out. They told me this tray was treated for mold which I don't know how true and I would like to get more information about that. I had a health concern and I wouldn't want a tray sitting full of water for a long time that bacteria can collect and fungus can grow in it. But the overall quality of the refrigerator is very nice.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

We heard that Viking Refrigerators was the top end and it's for a house that we're going to be in for a long time. However, we've had a lot of issues since day one. Plus, we're still waiting for the repairman to come out. We have issues with the hinge and the doors not closing. There's a problem with the leveling and the rack on the bottom. The wheels are on backorder and the handle is loose. We've had a number of repairmen come out but the parts are still on backorder. It's been three months and it's been a disaster. The sales rep was fine though.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Viking Refrigerators was terrible. You pay $10,000 for a refrigerator so you expect it to work longer but there were problems twice. My wife tried to go to Viking’s helpline on the web and got discouraged. We finally had to call and talk to somebody to find out. Viking sent out the claim to different companies but they had to order the parts. It keeps going around looking for the correct person to call to start with. Apparently, this other company dispatches work to the company in Dallas and they sent in the information but it never got there. The lady in Dallas was very helpful, she told us who we need to call and made things happen but the backend was terrible.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate you letting us know where we need to improve.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

The house that we moved into didn't have a refrigerator and we liked some of Viking's other products such as the French door oven that we planned to buy in the future, so we decided to match our appliances and start with the refrigerator. The quality of the Viking refrigerator that I got was very good. I liked its looks and finish, and the space inside was also good. The reps have been very helpful every time I had to call them to register the product or when had a question, and they've been very quick to respond and get back to me, and give me the answer that I needed. Everything in my experience with Viking Refrigerators has been good.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My first issue was that EVERY drawer cracked and they refused to replace them when it was clear that the initial cracks happened at installation. Pirch, where I bought the unit, did the honorable thing and resent new ones. This was in the 5th moment of ownership. Thanks Viking! My Viking fridge is now completely out after 9 months and they will get to me after 10 days because they are busy, despite the fact that I told them I have small children. They use 3rd parties who don't care about anything, except to bill Viking. They allege to have fixed their issues and service with the ownership, but that BS as the product is not impressive and the service is a zero. I gave 2 stars for the products good looks, but its all downhill after that, especially after 13k spent! Pos note: Customer Service lady was friendly/respectful.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Viking is a good name and they have a good product. I I had a good experience with their dealer and I like the Sabbath Mode of my refrigerator. But I had an issue with an oven and it took a long time to get it repaired and to deal with the stock on the repair parts. After two months, they finally called me to set up an appointment yesterday.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I have a Viking side by side fridge, double oven unit and a range top - While the range top seems to work Ok The Fridge is the worst, between the ice maker not working properly, water evaporation unit does not work (a known problem) where you have to empty/wipe off the water from under the unit, and various shelf draw handles and side door, doors have broken off (replacements are expensive). The oven works ok but in the first year all the temperature and oven controls (bake, convection bake, broil etc) have worn off, and it's not like I used steel wool to clean this, but really how is this even possible? My advice - stay away from Viking - there are plenty other vendors out there with better products.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

Moved into our current house and replaced most of the appliances. The Viking French door refrigerator was a splurge. Soon after it was installed problems began. The refrigerator section began freezing all food. A tech was sent out several times. The problem persisted. They replaced the unit twice before one worked properly. It will freeze everything about twice a year.

The second problem began about two years after installation. Water leaks out of the unit and the freezer section is constantly filling with water on the bottom. A tech said it was a common issue with the ice maker and that even if he replaced it the problem would return in a year. Once a month we break up the ice and remove it. No more water on the floor. Now the freezer door will not shut. When you close it and let go of the handle the door sags down and does not close. I have a tech scheduled but am fed up with the Viking brand. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I purchased all Viking products for my home. The exterior look is excellent but looks are deceiving! Almost every interior component of my refrigerator (VCSB483D) has had issues. Cracked butter covers, drawers that crack and fall off the track, track that won't support drawers, cracked freezer interior lining, ice maker issues, drain issues. The problem is Viking does not really seem to want to help you when it's under warranty (loopholes like cracked components are cosmetic) why should that matter! I've owned many non luxury brands that not only held up better, the manufacturers stood behind their products.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for letting us know how we can improve. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Viking VCBB5361RSS 36" built-in is crap. We've gone through 2 of these now and the second one is dying after 4 years. Viking repair has been here 4 times in a year. Every part has been replaced and it is still dying. It's a beautiful unit but it's completely unreliable. Viking has no idea how to make refrigerators. We thought we would give them a second chance and replaced the first one with another thinking that all the "bugs" Viking had were worked out. Surely they would have figured out how to make a fridge by the time we got #2 but no! We've had a terrible repair record with this one too. Come on Viking! It's a great fridge, let's get this worked out.

Viking Refrigerators response

Viking is truly sorry to hear of the issues you have been having. We see that service has been out and working thru our tech support team was able to get the unit repaired. If you have any further issues please feel free to contact our customer support team at 800-241-9152

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Viking 48" Side by Side Refrigerator - We have experienced multiple reliability issues with failed ice maker x3, A recall for the door which will fall off, as well as a leak from the indoor water dispenser. Viking service has been dismal at best. I urge you to avoid the Viking refrigerator products.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

My Viking Refrigerator got serviced since the automatic defrosting unit was bad. It would not cool and it took a long time before someone came out to fix it. We went for almost two and a half weeks without having a refrigerator. We dealt directly with Viking and they had to find somebody in the local area to fix the unit. They had to bring someone from about 50 miles out to come and fix it because we live in a not very convenient place. Then the team who handled the issue was very good and professional. Overall, the experience has been pleasant and we really like the quality of the refrigerator. We just did a kitchen remodel and we bought a whole Viking unit including a refrigerator, stove, warming drawer, hood, and microwave drawer. We're very pleased.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I have had my Viking built in side by side for one year -- I chose Viking thinking it was a quality product. It is NOT -- the items on the top shelf the refrigerator ice up, the items in the freezer frost up and at six months a new part had to be installed in the freezer compressor. It was defective and froze the whole compressed up -- we had to move everything to a cheap Kenmore freezer which has worked for years to keep until the part came in and the repair was made. Now 3 months later it is doing the same thing. This is either a defective unit or Viking is making junk and charging a lot for it. Next step for us is to demand a replacement for this side by side and if they won't do that we will sue for a refund! Sad that this brand has become junk!

Viking Refrigerators response

Viking Range is truly sorry to hear of the issues that you are having. We see that you are working with one of our escalation team members to resolve your issues and hope to resolve them quickly.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I’ve been a Viking's customer for many years and I like the quality of their products. I went through a kitchen showroom to buy their refrigerator. It works and keeps our food cold. It was a great experience overall.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

We were in a Best Buy store that has Pacific Sales kitchen appliances and Viking is one of the products they carry. I've always heard of Viking Refrigerators. We were looking for a built-in type and also with a kind of depth but we didn’t want it to have a freezer. Best Buy had that there and Viking had a floor model that was half the price, so we got it.

We've not had it very long when we've had to have Viking come out and replace some bar that’s in the middle of the refrigerator that holds up the crispers and one of the doors that looks like it’s falling off. I've been very surprised that within a couple of months, such an expensive refrigerator needed to be repaired already. It's the professional grade line. Viking product was supposed to be sturdy in a professional kitchen. But I like the cabinet depth because it's easier to get things and gives you a lot more refrigerator space. Also, the way that I would look at the service through Viking, specific to one problem, was good.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I purchased the Viking Refrigerator four years ago and it was custom made. It's a good freezer, spacious, and I like how it looks. However, its compressor and another part that's very expensive need to be fixed but they haven't come to fix it. It's also very disappointing that the part itself and labor are going to cost over $1,000. For the small part, I have to pay over $1,200. And I shopped around. It's been two months and so far, I've had a negative experience. When we bought the house and it came with the refrigerator and we thought it's guaranteed for three years but we found that it is only one year. That’s another bad thing. I would suggest to at least make the warranty just a little bit longer than 1 year, specifically with the products that are very expensive.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

The service couldn't be worse. The 48" refrigerator unit overall is very nice - unfortunately the support staff is awful. This will be my last Viking unless something changes fast! I sure miss my Sub-Zero! The rep also lists an incorrect phone number on her email which just blows me away - when I email her it takes almost a week to get back to me as well.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

We bought a home that was completely renovated three and a half years ago and the decorator and contractor chose all Viking appliances for the home. We have a wine refrigerator, regular refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, wall oven, range with a small oven, big oven, hood and stovetop. We have had a couple of issues with the big refrigerator we have. The first time, the meat or vegetable drawer at the bottom of the refrigerator section froze and ruined the vegetables, and we had someone out a couple of times to look at it. Finally, they said there was nothing they could do to fix it, so we increased the temperature for the overall refrigerator. It’s keeping the vegetables from freezing but the refrigerator is not at the suggested temperature. Also, the hinge on the bottom right of the refrigerator has gone bad and the door squeaks when it opens and closes. But I like having separate drawers. It’s a great idea as long as it works the way it’s supposed to.

Over the past week, we spoke with a gal named Veronica in customer service and she was great. We would have been normally forwarded to the warranty department but they were closed, so Veronica took the initiative to go to her supervisor and we were well-taken care of. That’s why we would buy another Viking appliance. I didn’t think the squeaking would be a big deal to fix but they have to put a whole new hinge and it costs $800. Viking is coming to fix it and they’ve been great about it ‘cause we’re just outside the warranty time. Everybody at Viking has been very good so I don’t mind if things go wrong if the company takes care of it. They haven’t come to fix the refrigerator yet, but Viking is doing a great job at taking care of the customer and that’s the most important.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

We just did a full-house renovation and I bought three refrigerators - a Viking and two Sub-Zeros. We bought through Ferguson. The saleslady was great and was good at advising but I was pretty clear on what I wanted and I also went with a decorator. I like the temperature management and the humidity drawers of the Viking and the only issue was if they had more storage containers at the top for the condiments, that would be great. But, otherwise, everything’s great and I'm happy with it.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

The showroom had a variety of refrigerators and we chose a Viking Refrigerator because it seems to fit our kitchen design the best. The three in line were Viking, Lock to Lock and Frigidaire. Out of those three, we felt that Viking had better components in the inside. It's a beautiful-looking refrigerator and has a lot of nice inside components. But, the quality of everything for the expense that I paid was not worth it. It frosts things in my freezer and I wouldn’t expect that from a high-end refrigerator like Viking. I have to adjust my temperature several times and I still haven’t gotten it right even if I've had the refrigerator for over six weeks. I had more issues with my Viking refrigerator than with my KitchenAid which I had for 30 years.

Also, when my refrigerator was installed, they weren't able to put the door handles on. I had to wait almost a week for the door handles to be on and that was unacceptable. The showroom that I bought it from dealt with Viking in making the arrangements. I only had to call and make the appointment. I got an appointment but it took me a week to get somebody and I wasn’t happy about that. They need to improve their customer service a little bit better. I was a little disappointed by how they handled the issue. They need to either put more sales or more workers to repair things in their docket so that if there was an issue I can get somebody out within 24 hours. Viking is one of the most expensive refrigerators so I am a little disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

We have a refrigerator which is only a few years old but my wife wanted the ones with industrial-looking handles so we bought a Viking Refrigerator. Also, a friend said that they would be better than Thermadors and Viking has a good reputation. But it had issues with the cooling that was running almost 24/7. It kept running and running and never shuts off except for five minutes and it will run for another six or seven hours. Then, opening the freezer door, it looked like a mist was coming in from the cooling bins where the cool air comes in. According to the sales guy, this indicates too much humidity but he didn’t really know where this was coming from.

We contacted the retailer and a guy came by and said there might be an issue. He suggested waiting until it’s in its final place because it's still in the living room. Then, he'd come by to level out the refrigerator and freezer appropriately and hopefully, the issue would be addressed. If not, they will have to provide some parts. It was a little disheartening considering it’s a brand new unit we paid a lot of money for. Therefore, we will know more in two weeks once it’s in its final place in the kitchen.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

We installed all Viking appliances when we built our home. Thinking we had made a great decision on a high end appliance line. It has been very frustrating dealing with these appliances. The dishwasher stopped working and it was more to have it fixed than to purchase a new one. The double ovens have been running 75 degrees high after a year. After many expensive service calls they still are not fixed. The double sided refrigerator has been replaced once and the current refrigerator freezes food that is in certain areas of the refrigerator as well as we cannot regulate the temperature in the freezer, causes food to thaw. We have had many expensive service calls with no success in resolving this very frustrating problem. Viking appliances are beautiful but there is obviously a serious problem with their products.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I've known Viking for decades. They were offering a rebate on the refrigerator so I went with them. I also had a free refrigerator and the range hood with blower, which made my purchase more enticing. Without them, I might have bought the unit from Sub-Zero and Wolf. I bought it from the Better Housekeeping over in Red Bank and the people I have dealt with were great. But the unit has a poor design and if I had to do it again, I will not purchase this refrigerator.

The spring on one of the doors has a sound and the ice tray was poorly made because on the first week I pulled it out and the handle snapped right off. The magnet of the butter tray on top isn't good and every time I pull the refrigerator, if I have a stick of butter inside, it falls out. Also, compared to a regular KitchenAid, which are the deeper refrigerators, Viking units are more counter depth, so in terms of storage there isn’t a lot of cubic feet in there to use. With my particular model, there are four trays for produce and those trays are much smaller so I can’t really put a lot of stuff in there.

I also have the Professional Series for the oven, which is the one with the French door. Even though it’s a beautiful look, it’s really stupid that it’s said to be self-cleaning but because there’s no latch for the French doors, it’s not the same kind of self-cleaning at the lower oven. It’s just like a steam clean kind of effect and stuff like grease doesn't come off. I also already had a problem with our blower on the fan where it was making a lot of noise and I’ve already had a service call on it. So to spend what I totally paid, which is at $25,000 for my entire kitchen, I really shouldn’t be expecting or experiencing problems like these within the first year. These are high-end products, and it’s a professional series, so it’s very disappointing.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

My Viking Refrigerator has been great. I got it from Best Buy and I've had it for several months now. I like its size and capacity. I called Viking weeks ago to tell them that my fridge is making a noise. They referred me to a local dealer and I left a message but they never called me back. Other than that, my experience has been excellent and I would recommend this appliance.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I'm not proud of the quality of the Viking Refrigerator. It was replaced because the one in the house that I bought failed. And it was terrible dealing with the team at the dealership. They're unresponsive and disrespectful of my time. Also, there's lack of urgency and not knowing how to get certain things resolved.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for letting us know how we can improve. Your feedback is appreciated.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

When we remodeled our kitchen I decided to purchase all Viking appliances based on their reputation, and I thought they were built in the US. I have had issues since day one and have never really had anything resolved satisfactorily by Viking. My double oven has slow heating up times, uneven cooking, even on convection, and now has issues with the digital timer. My biggest disappointment however is the refrigerator. I was so excited to have a large all refrigerator in my kitchen. It has had multiple cooling problems since day one. I think the real problem has never been diagnosed and is now so bad that it is not fixable. I have spent over $2000 on repairs and it still doesn't work.

The door is simply too heavy for the hinges and will not close in the top left corner. This produces massive condensation on the inside which freezes. It also causes uneven cooling where my vegetables in the crisper at the bottom are frozen and the milk on the middle shelf is warm. We have replaced the gasket and adjusted the hinges but it simply will not close the gap. This is a design problem. Disgraceful for a product that cost over $7000. As of yet Viking seems on interested in resolving a problem. They are certified repair company has said that they are unable to help any further.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I was getting our house ready for a resale and I felt that a Viking Refrigerator had good reputation and would bring a value to me. I love this fridge and the lighting inside has been my favorite feature. When I open its doors, it’s bright and I can see everything. I also liked the Viking dealers a lot. They were helpful and knowledgeable. It was a great experience and I will definitely purchase Viking again.

Viking Refrigerators response

We appreciate your comments and are extremely happy to hear about your great Viking experience.

Viking expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Viking is a luxury brand of appliances that became famous for its line of stove ranges. The company sells a wide variety of appliances, including refrigerators, and is based in Greenwood, Mississippi.

• Luxury: Viking offers top-notch, luxury products that use high-quality materials and offer many desirable features, such as icemakers and bottom-drawer freezers.
    • Built-in option: Viking offers customers built-in refrigerator options, which means that customers can customize their refrigerator to match their home.
    • Energy Star: The products that Viking makes are Energy Star rated, which means they efficiently use energy and are better for the environment.
    • Size variety: The company offers refrigerators in a huge range of sizes so the products fit into many homes or commercial establishments.
    • Unique products: Viking offers customers unique products, like beverage centers to keep drinks cool, under counter fridges and refrigerated drawers.
    • Best for: Luxury homeowners looking for high-quality appliances, and commercial establishments that want to purchase a refrigerator.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs