toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to live in the downtown Denver area and had a loft that I refurbished down there. I had all Viking everywhere. Then I moved into a new home north of Denver. I had to buy my own refrigerator because it was a brand-new home. I decided that the Viking fit in the space the best and I also liked my Viking purchases previously back in 2000. I’ve been pleased with my Viking refrigerator. I can’t believe how long food stays fresh in it. I can leave food in there for weeks on end, and it still comes out as if I just bought it from the supermarket so I’m very impressed. I think there’s truly something going on in that box. I also like the industrial nature. It’s all heavy-duty stainless and the moving parts are very fluid and easy to operate. I’m extremely satisfied and I really enjoy owning Viking. Viking is pricey, but I get what I pay for.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we purchased our new home, the Viking product line was used by the builder. The quality of the refrigeration is really good. We have a unit that has the freezer at the bottom and then the upper unit is the refrigeration unit. The double-door unit is really good. It's a definite upgrade from our previous refrigerator in our old home and definitely a lot cheaper and a lot bigger than our previous refrigerator unit.

I had no issues with the dealer. But I noticed that after a year, we got invitations from the deputy on board or the integrated maintenance feature refrigerator to replace a water filter and air filter so I purchased those through the Viking website. We recently had it installed, and it was really easy to do. Viking has very well built quality products. In fact, we have the kitchen full of Viking products. We have a Viking gas stove range as well as a double-oven. We're very satisfied with all of the products.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband bought the Viking dishwasher and he wanted a matching appliance. We did the purchasing through ABT and they’re great. We think that Viking is a good brand and it looks nice. We got the French doors and set it side by side, like our old KitchenAid which was there when we bought the house. Our Viking refrigerator is fine, but the clips that hold down the racks in the freezer keep coming off from day one when we haven't had it for very long, six months at most. ABT came out last week but they never did anything about the clips. So I told my husband to make sure to ask them about it when they come back out. We’ve called ABT to have that corrected. We're waiting for them to call back.

There's also one minor thing. Most refrigerators have feet you can adjust if it needs to go up or down an inch. Viking doesn't have that. We have a two-inch gap at the top of the refrigerator, between the old cabinets and refrigerator. They were able to adjust the KitchenAid to go up to it and with the Viking, you can’t. But I liked the style of the French doors and those big shelves and big, perfect trays.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've known about Viking Refrigerators for a long time. We purchased a home recently that had a built-in refrigerator and it had a sub-zero that was not working. I went over to Best Buy to check some stuff out. I knew they had the Pacific Home in there so I went in and got the Viking fridge. We had a rocky start because when they came and delivered it, the refrigeration door was approximately a half an inch lower than the freezer door. And there was no adjusting it. They had to basically come out, take the door off, put some spacers underneath the one side to level it out and get it all to work right, which is pretty frustrating for a $12,000 refrigerator.

At first, Best Buy said, "Well, you're gonna have to call Viking." and I said, "I'm not gonna call anybody. I bought it from you so you guys can figure it out or you can come pick up your refrigerator and I'll buy from somebody else." And they figured it out. The lady I talked with at the dealership was very helpful. When she wasn't available the day that I called and there was an issue, she called me the next day. She also called me after the follow up when they came out and fixed it to make sure everything is okay and did a great job.

Everything is great. I do like that all the shelving on the doors is all metal instead of the flimsy plastic. We have a separate ice maker so we don’t really use the one inside of it too much. It doesn't seem to hold a lot so if that was our only ice maker, that would probably be a downside for us. Overall, the refrigerator is very solid. We're looking to hopefully buy an in-wall oven and a dishwasher from Viking soon.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear how much you are enjoying your Viking refrigerator.

Original review: April 19, 2017

My son has Viking appliances and they had good luck with them. So, I decided to purchase from them, and I had a great experience with the dealer. I like that my Viking refrigerator is so roomy. I love it, and so far, I'm pleased with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We like Viking's brand and the way it looks in the kitchen. The refrigerator is great. All the controls are on the left side of the door, and it's easy to program everything else. It's wide so it's easy access in and out. I like the different drawers and the accessibility to the refrigeration part. Plus, you can adjust the temperature and humidity. The wide shelf space also makes it very convenient. Overall, it’s been easy, manageable, and it sits perfectly in our kitchen.

I am not too happy that I have had quite a few issues with both the refrigerator and the freezer in the past three years. This includes replacing a brand new refrigerator. There have been too many temperature problems along with internal parts, drawers and shelves breaking.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

I'm very disappointed about the service department. This problem started in December and until now it is not solved. They ordered the wrong parts 3 times. Executive Appliance say that Viking kept sending the wrong parts. I lost a lot of money throwing away spoiled food and at this point I really need to be compensated for that and I don't believe that this fridge is going to be fixed. It should be replaced.

Viking Refrigerators

We will have a customer care representative contact you shortly to get your unit and servicer information to see how we can assist you with resolving this issue.

Original review: April 5, 2017

The house we moved into in July of 2016 has a Viking all-refrigerator (no freezer). Ice builds up on the inside bottom left-hand side of the back at an alarming rate. I have defrosted it 3 times in the 8 months we've lived here. The repairman from the local company that services Viking appliances is here for the third time, and now thinks that the ice build up behind the inside wall is so great that it continues to cause the interior of the refrigerator to build up ice. I love the size of the interior and it's a nice looking appliance, but this frost issue is making me crazy!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in real estate for some time. I’m into remodeling and I love interior design, so I’m aware of Viking Refrigeration. We just redid our entire kitchen and put all new Viking appliances, everything from oven to a huge cooktop to the refrigerator, downdraft, the dishwasher, and I am not overly pleased with the refrigerator. I called Viking directly and they sent somebody out and repaired a couple of the things that were wrong with the refrigerator. But the main problem that I still have, which is something that I need to make another phone call on, is the ice maker.

The refrigerator is a French door with an under mount freezer and when I pull open the freezer door, the little metal handle that comes down to regulate when the ice maker is on and off almost rakes the ice. And so, it all falls out through the back of the freezer. I have to literally army crawl and break my arm to get my hands at the back to clear out the ice that’s fallen at the back on the floor of the freezer or else the freezer door does not close properly. I wonder how many tens of thousands of dollars did I spend on all those appliances. I should have gone back to my GE Profile. I’ve been really disappointed.

The refrigerator was packaged well. The wall preparation information for this cabinet depth model was not accurate in that one of the two bolts used for anti-tipping did not reach the block on the wall. Dimensions given were not correct for the block (2x4) installation. The refrigerator holds temperature very precisely and the interior LED lighting is terrific. Shelves adjust nicely and so do the drawer units. All shelves and cubbies in the door adjust nicely. The one objection we have is that the refrigerator is quite noisy as refrigerators go. Even the owner's manual mentions the whirring and other sounds that the unit makes. For a product that costs this much, one would think that it could be quieter. We will just have to get used to it!!

Easy to use controls, great lighting, good space utilization and temperature controls, i.e. overall excellent appliance, but freezer could be more spacious and I don't understand why such an expensive model does not include an automatic ice and water dispenser.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. Viking is truly sorry to hear of the issues you had with one of our dealers. We appreciate you letting us know so that we can work on improving this with our dealer.

Original review: April 4, 2017

Viking went well with the house I was remodeling. We replaced a pretty old refrigerator, and I like Viking better. I also like the temperature control feature. But the dealer and the delivery company were jerks. They were just opportunistic and cutthroat. Their business practices were if you don’t say something, it's your fault for not asking and you got it. Basically, the kind of person I'd never recommend to deal with again. I told the delivery company, “Typically, bring a small van 'cause you can't get up of my drive way.” The idea of the van was, instead of a 40-foot semi tractor trailer, a 24-foot semi tractor trailer with a full cab. And they said it was my fault.

They refused to redeliver it, so I called the people who sold it to me and said, “Hey, this is crazy. I told you ahead to have a small van, and the delivery company that you paid to do it is refusing. They said not only they're not gonna help me, but if I didn’t pick it up in the next two days, they were gonna start charging me for storage.” They pointed the contract clause and said that it has to be deliverable by a full size truck. It didn’t matter if I said something on the phone to them. The contract clause specifically go down the detail, black and white and I was at fault. Therefore, they were not gonna help me. So it's pretty bad. But we managed to get it home because my nephew had a pickup truck, so we picked it up. I bought every single Viking thing in my house online from different places, but this is the first time I've had that problem. I've never had any problem with the equipment itself. Viking itself is fine, but everybody else did a bad job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The advice of the Viking salesman prompted me to get a Viking refrigerator. I was into a built-in refrigerator, and so during the purchasing process, there were only 3 or 4 choices to choose from. But the refrigerator I got was priced right. I've had it for about two months and its quality seems to be very good and it keeps food cold. I'm a happy customer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We did some research on the appliances before we had our house built. There were Viking appliances at the stores then I ordered and read their book. I thought the quality was good. My granddaughter's school had Viking appliances. I talked with the people that run the facility there and asked them what they thought of the Viking and how it worked. They convinced me that it was definitely worth it.

All of my kitchen appliances are Viking and I wanted to register for all of the warranties. I went to the Viking website and it would not allow me to do that. Then I was having an issue with the dishwasher, and I couldn’t find in the book to correct it. I ended up having to call the repair personnel to get out of the mode as it went into an error code. I had to schedule an appointment and then it took a couple of weeks for them to get here. I also asked the gentleman to help me register the appliances for warranty and he did that. I gave him the information and he was very helpful. For the money that I spent on this kitchen, I expected a concierge service.

But I'm pretty much pleased with it. It's pretty good and right now, it seems to fit my needs. I like the way the doors are softly closed in the refrigerator. It's good and it's a little larger than the standard size. I also like the ice dispenser. I would like the water dispenser but then that would be an additional cost. Overall, I'm well satisfied and I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm not very happy with any of my Viking appliances that I got with my house. I used to live in California where I had all the Viking high-end appliances and they were great. Then, I moved here in Washington and the builder offered to put Viking for me and they were the most basic model of appliances. Originally, it wasn't Viking that's in our home and I wanted to switch out the dishwasher. The builder said, "I ordered 28 sets of appliances for my other projects and I have one set extra 'cause I only needed 27. I can put that in your house." I agreed because it's Viking and I've had them in the past, but I didn't get to see what models they were or pick which one it is.

The refrigerator was so poorly-made and it got dents on the freezer drawer. I was showing a guy the dents of my refrigerator. He said, "That actually wasn't made by Vikings. It's all Whirlpool stuff in there." I was like, "That explains it." Also, my stove didn't work right, and I had to have a plumber and a dishwasher guy come over to fix my dishwasher. These appliances are only three years old and we don't abuse them. We run them properly and keep them clean. I felt suspicious of the place where my builder bought my appliances from. I wonder if they gave him leftover or rejected batches because it seems that my appliances are and that store is closed down now. However, I like the double doors because I've never had that before and so then I could open just one side to get my things out. Given that, I would recommend Viking in general but people should buy the highest end since the low-end ones aren't that great.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We see from your case that you have been escalated and one of our representatives is currently working directly with you to resolve your issues. Your feed back is greatly appreciated so that we know where we need to improve.

Original review: March 27, 2017

We have a Viking refrigerator/freezer model VCBB5361RSS and have had nothing but trouble. Here is a list of the repairs we've had to do (lost $100s in fresh food THREE times over two years): To be scheduled: Replace rubber seal in freezer - cost circa $200. March 22, 2017: DC fan for fresh food compartment (had to throw out all fresh food) - cost circa $400. Oct. 15, 2016: Ice maker replaced arm and wire harness. Sept. 1, 2016: Air duct heater kit installed; changed and drain probe. March 29, 2016: Drain was frozen; water leaking; defrosted drain (had to throw out all fresh food). June 15, 2015: Replaced DC fan in refrigerator section (had to throw out all fresh food).

Not only is the device of extremely poor quality (never, ever, needed service on non-Viking refrigerators in my life), the customer service experience has also been absolutely terrible. Half of the time I get ignored completely. The customer service person ***** mostly doesn't respond. One time she told me to write a letter to customer service because we just lost $100s of dollars in fresh food to a malfunction of the refrigerator and she said that was the only route left for me after emailing with her. I spent two hours writing a letter. Got a letter back from... the customer service person. I had to laugh, that's how terrible the customer service is. I also contacted Viking via Facebook - Facebook says Viking normally responds within the hour. Guess what? Nothing. I guess complaints just get ignored. I'm like invisible to this company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The builders of our home had already selected Viking, and we had seen the Viking appliances at a friend’s place and we were very happy with the appliances, so there was no regret. Most of our appliances are from Viking and I had to contact their customer service for the registration of the appliances. I had trouble registering the products once we occupied the house, and that was resolved. The customer service team was very helpful. They knew exactly what my request was and they were able to help me register the products. There were a couple of times it took me a while to connect to the customer service, though.

The quality of our Viking refrigerator is great and it is easy to use. I like that the configuration of the compartments could be changed. There are many configurations that I could do to suit the container size that I am storing in the refrigerator. That's the biggest plus for me. All the products are from Viking, so they are all coordinated. They blend very well together in the kitchen. Viking products are durable and they last for ages, so I’m very happy that we’ve made the right choice. Overall, our experience has been great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have owned Viking appliances before like the stovetop and the double oven in my previous home and now in a different home, my Viking refrigerator is doing great. It keeps everything cold and the frozen food frozen and makes ice. We've been well pleased. I had an excellent experience with the Viking dealer, too. I do real estate development work and have used the company Ferguson for a lot of things and they do an excellent job. Their guy is very knowledgeable. He can answer all the questions and was very helpful to make sure that we were fully informed on what we need to be informed on. It was good price and he handled everything perfectly. Viking is high quality, top-of-the-line and a great product to invest in. They did the gas cooktop in a good way for a modern look. Through the years, they kept it looking the way I like it. It's of great quality, too. I had a great experience that's why I'm buying a Viking again.

I recently purchased what I thought was a nice used fridge (Viking Designer Series Fridge DDFF136DSS0) from someone only to find out that it most likely has a bad motherboard. It doesn't cool at all and the display on the front shows nothing but a blue screen. The buttons don't do anything except for light up. After researching, apparently these motherboard controls have been failing a lot with these models and Viking charges $1,000 for a new control board. That is insane for something that is failing regularly. For that price and the repair, I might have to just go and buy a new fridge from a different company.

I am extremely disappointed in the lack of care that Viking has presented in the matter. This is a major problem with Vikings product and they do not care. I commented that I could buy a new fridge for the price of the part and the Viking agent laughed and said, "I don't know why you think that, people say that all the time but you can't buy one from us at that price." It was rude. I am extremely disappointed. This was for my family but I am a home remodeller and will not be recommending Viking with this type of repair cost and horrible service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought a high-end condo in Hoboken, New Jersey in 2014 June, it contains the Viking range as well as Viking refrigerator and these are top of the line. The refrigeration quality is fine and the steel finish is my favorite feature. The Viking is an awesome contemporary piece of appliance with very cool looks and good design. I'm satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had Viking products before and recently purchased a new refrigerator. I ordered it from them over the phone before I moved. The quality is excellent. I also like the space and that I can pack everything into it. However, the ice maker overfills and when I open the door, it knocks the ice off of the top of the tray down into the bottom of the freezer. That’s a bit of a pain.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went with the Viking refrigerator over a competitor because of its appearance. It is heavy and solid and because of that, some of the parts might have shifted during shipping. They needed quite a bit of adjustment at the beginning when it's installed. The doors didn't shut well. But what's good about Viking is that they send people who handle their services well and they know how to deal with it. It is a process. But once it's settled in, it's all very good. Overall, it is an expensive set of products and the quality is great. But for the price I paid, it could be better.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you so much for your review. We are very pleased to hear that you are enjoying your refrigerator and when you did have an issue we were able to resolve it thru the authorized servicer.

Original review: March 18, 2017

We're in the Florida keys and we just spend a couple of months a year at this house. We had to get a local company to take out the old refrigeration units and put the new ones in. We needed someone that would guarantee they could get the units upstairs. It was a complicated matter so we chose Viking Refrigerators for practicality purposes. The couple times I saw the Viking rep, he was very pleasant and it was so nice that he could call the company to get right in with somebody to troubleshoot problem. It was really good that they offer that so I know I wasn't relying on one person with very limited knowledge as to what they have.

The refrigerator was doing well but there was a lot of noise in the beginning. I took a peek on the top for some vibration and I read in the instructions 22 screws go in there. Once those were put in the noise went away. Also, the quality control needed some help. In the freezer the sensor at the bottom of the door was installed backwards. They had several visits but they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. And they finally got it, had to order in a part and then we had ice. But other than that, they have been great. Right now, I'm super happy with them. I love the size and quality of the ice cubes. They fit right in my water bottles. The freezer doesn't defrost so much every time that the ice sticks together. So that's good, I like that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were limited with space and size and since Viking's one of the ones that fit in it, we decided to choose this brand. We know that it's so good. In fact, we've had Viking in other houses and my mother-in-law also has it in their house in Montana. The quality has been excellent. However, we're having some problems with the ice maker either because of the way it was hooked up or we're not used to it. Also, I like the look of it. So even though we had to go with one of the smaller ones, it's a gorgeous refrigerator and it's doing its job.

I purchased all Viking appliances for my newly remodeled kitchen 2 years ago. I have had to have each of them repaired at least once. I am currently waiting for the fourth service call on the refrigerator. There is only one warranty repair service company in my area and I have to wait at least 2 weeks to get service. The dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave and 6 burner dual fuel range are not worth the money I spent. I would absolutely not recommend Viking appliances to anyone. I am very concerned what they will cost to repair when the warranties expire. I would strongly suggest potential consumers to look for an alternative product unless you enjoy waiting for repair service.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. We deeply apologize for the issues you had with this unit and that we are having to exchange it out thru the warranty. Viking strives to manufacture products of the highest quality. Unfortunately, in spite of all the precaution taken to ensure the reliability of our products, occasional failures may occur.

Original review: March 16, 2017

I've had my brand new Viking refrigerator since September 8 and it has been a lemon. It’s the third icemaker that’s been gone into it. The doors were supposed to come and before they could, the inside of the doors just started falling out of it. I had no icemaker during Thanksgiving and Christmas. They put one in one week and immediately it went before Christmas day. We've been waiting and waiting and waiting, and a new icemaker came yesterday. And after 2 months, the icemaker decided to start working.

This is a very sick refrigerator. I had a Sub-Zero refrigerator before and it was wonderful. But on my Viking refrigerator, every time I close the door, it dumps ice on the floor. The repairman said yesterday “Well, all refrigerators do that.” But my Sub-Zero didn’t. I was led to believe that Viking was a better appliance than the Wolf packages, but it's not. I am very disappointed in what I thought was gonna be a very good product. And another thing was I've had to ask for books to operate it. I called and told them I didn’t get any manual to work with me. They told me I can go online and print it out but it was 30 pages to print out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we moved to the house, my wife did all the legwork, the research and the comparison with other refrigerator brands. She was looking to get something that was with stainless steel doors because we had one of those before and we really like the look overall and it was going to match the rest of the kitchen. We had a different refrigerator brand before where one side of the door was the refrigerator and the other side was the freezer. My wife wanted a refrigerator with compartments up on the top and the freezer section on the bottom and she decided that the Viking Refrigerator was the best product for what we needed.

We use the top part of the refrigerator the most. The only thing that we noticed was that sometimes the top section of the freezer door gets foggy. When the ice tray was full, we stopped using it and we noticed some condensation right around the top section of the door to the freezer and the top of the stainless steel section. Otherwise, the refrigerator is good. We got a product that's delivering what we were looking for. We're overall satisfied.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for sharing your Viking experience. We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your refrigerator.

Original review: March 14, 2017

We've had our Viking Refrigerator running for about a month and a half now and we love it. The dealer had an excellent display of the various Viking appliances that was really most helpful to us. We bought the double-door model and I really like it. It's working very well, has no issues, nice and quiet, all the compartments are useful, and it's pretty. We love the way it's lined up and I love the freezer on the bottom because that means my head doesn't bump at the handle if the freezer was on top.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Viking refrigerator is awesome but the ice machine is not. It doesn't work, it's intermittent, and it's been a little bit frustrating. I finally got everything registered. We had a handyman look at the ice machine and couldn't fix it so we need to get Viking out to fix it. Viking Refrigerator is a beautiful piece of equipment but there are still some kinks that need to be worked out. Overall, we really like it. It's easy to get everything out and clean it.

Viking Refrigerators

We are truly sorry to hear of the issues that you have had with your refrigerator. Viking makes every effort to manufacture products of the highest quality. Unfortunately after 2 1/2 years you did have a sealed system issue and while this is an uncommon issue it is not unheard of and we were able to correct thru the warranty.

Original review: March 11, 2017

The refrigerator was not working for over two weeks (totally dead - no cooling in the freezer and the main refrigerator compartment) while Viking and its local repair service went back and forth on resolving the subject. It was quickly apparent that Viking keeps an arms length distance from such issues. Also apparent is that the local repair does not keep Viking parts in their inventory for repair purposes. Repairman said the refrigerator was shipped from the factory with improper soldering of tubes. After several visits and re-soldering of tubes, the refrigerator again worked. However the repairman said if unit stops working again that is could no longer be repaired - in other words, a dead inoperable appliance. Top dollar was paid for an appliance which at the end of the day was of shoddy quality, and not properly addressed by Viking under its own warranty. Inexcusable.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. We will have a Viking Customer Care rep contact you shortly to get your information and see how we can assist. As always if you have any warranty issues please feel free to contact us at 1-800-241-9152 Option #5

Original review: March 5, 2017

Best Buy didn't showcase the Viking more so than a GE or Frigidaire. It was whatever the customer’s preference was. They didn’t say one-upmanship over the other and the reason why one would be better than the other. But, I liked the look of Viking Refrigerators. I had it a little over a month now and it's been good. The cost seems fair, although I'm not happy right now. I am trying to contact the Viking rep because it was missing three of the inside doors. Not the doors where you put the milk inside but the bins that hook on the inside of the door.

I've contacted Best Buy and they said that they have called the Viking rep but the rep hasn't returned their calls yet. Best Buy said that they had to go through the Viking rep because they were simply missing when we got the unit and I'm not sure if they disappeared. It was funny because when I bought the ref, they said that the bins should be in any day now and that was the end of January. It's now the middle of March and the bins themselves shouldn't take that long to order or to get installed. So, if I had my three bins where the milk and the juice fit into, it would be perfect.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Viking is a luxury brand of appliances that became famous for its line of stove ranges. The company sells a wide variety of appliances, including refrigerators, and is based in Greenwood, Mississippi.

• Luxury: Viking offers top-notch, luxury products that use high-quality materials and offer many desirable features, such as icemakers and bottom-drawer freezers.
  • Built-in option: Viking offers customers built-in refrigerator options, which means that customers can customize their refrigerator to match their home.
  • Energy Star: The products that Viking makes are Energy Star rated, which means they efficiently use energy and are better for the environment.
  • Size variety: The company offers refrigerators in a huge range of sizes so the products fit into many homes or commercial establishments.
  • Unique products: Viking offers customers unique products, like beverage centers to keep drinks cool, under counter fridges and refrigerated drawers.
  • Best for Luxury homeowners looking for high-quality appliances, and commercial establishments that want to purchase a refrigerator.

Viking Refrigerators Company Profile