3.52/5
Based on 282 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized for their exceptional products, Viking provides free standing ranges, range tops, ovens, refrigeration of all kinds, and much more. They have re-engineered their products and they are better than ever. You can now own these products that were previously available only in commercial kitchens. Since partnering with The Middleby Corporation over two years ago, they’ve shifted their culture to ensure their products, quality, and service are the best out there. With numerous products to choose from, you’ll find exactly what you’ve been looking for.

Viking Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 23, 2018

745 Viking Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 23, 2018

We went to Best Buy and Viking Refrigerators was there. We have Sub-Zero and Viking's comparable. We bought Viking for our Florida property. There were little issues buying that from Virginia and getting it delivered in Florida, but it all worked out. The refrigerator is fine. It broke once but they were good to fix it. It's such a nice fridge and it keeps things longer. We like it. All the high-end appliance had been great. They’re all expensive but they're all really good. We knew what we were getting.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2018

We purchased a complete Viking kitchen which included a range top, downdraft hood, a dishwasher, a Dutch oven, the refrigerator and the convection microwave. We’re satisfied with everything except for the refrigerator because every time you open the freezer, the ice overflows to the floor and I think it’s a design flaw. It doesn’t happen every single time, but the ice builds up and there's no back on the refrigerator, so it goes straight down and falls on the floor. So, somebody has to get to the floor and pick up the ice cubes. But I like the digital controls of the fridge and everything else is fine.

I'm very surprised about this one item and I know that LG makes their refrigerators so that may be the issue here, but I have heard only good things. I did a research because I know that previously, there were problems with the Viking refrigerators, and I was assured that that had been taken care of. It may be a minor adjustment but we've only had it set in place for three weeks, so we've been dealing with it. If it continues, then I'm gonna rattle some cages.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I liked the product of Viking Refrigerators and some of the features that it had on it. So, I got a Viking refrigerator and I like the space. But the ice maker didn’t work and it didn't make ice at all from the get-go with the first fridge that I got, so they replaced the fridge. But now I'm having issues too with the ice maker on the second fridge. I've had this fridge for a month before it started knocking. When I dealt with the representatives to try to get the ice maker issue resolved with both fridges, they were great and they’ve been on top of the issue. The technicians showed up and replaced the ice maker five times on the first fridge, before they replaced the fridge. They're now in the process of fixing the the second fridge and they're gonna come out on Friday and replace the ice maker. Viking Refrigerators seemed to be great, but as for their product, I have to see what the outcome is gonna be regarding the issue with the ice maker.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Viking Refrigerators has a good appliance. It gave me good refrigeration and I like the overall sleek look of it. I was satisfied where I purchased it from. The gentleman that helped me was knowledgeable. He also found the product online because they didn’t have it in the store, so he was incredible. However, on the delivery of the first fridge, the item was damaged and we had a huge issue with that. Their customer service or delivery people gave us a really bad time, but Best Buy went over and above to rectify the situation, so I do appreciate that. It was very close to the holiday and it was supposed to be delivered at a particular time but it wasn’t, and so they gave us a temporary fridge to refrigerate my things.

Original review: May 17, 2018

My sister-in-law owned a Viking product and I liked the reviews on the Viking Refrigerator I was looking for and its beauty. It’s high quality too. I also like the power failure feature as it was one of the things that would happen right away. When the power went out, it showed the signal, so I knew it failed. It was good to track that. Plus, I had a great experience at the Viking Dealer. The customer service is second to none.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: May 16, 2018

There's a drawer in my Viking refrigerator and it was broken right after the first couple of days I used that. Also, when I called Viking for warranty on oven, fireplace, and the refrigerator, they couldn’t even help me to find the serial number. The reps were extremely impatient and they even sighed on the phone. For a $400 refrigerator, I'm okay with that but not for a $10,000 one. And then, once the technician arrived, they checked the serial number and it was completely a different place than what the reps told me. Up to now, I still haven't received my the part for the drawer. The technician said he will order the part and it has been a month since then. I don’t like Viking at all.

Original review: May 15, 2018

This is my second built-in Viking Professional refrigerator in the last 10 years. The first one was recalled from Viking due to compressor issues and I was able to buy a new one for half the cost ($4000). When you think of the name "Viking" you automatically think top of the line. An $8000 refrigerator should be well built. Don't be fooled by the name. Check out other reviews of the same refrigerator and spare yourself headaches and expense down the road. I wish I had. I am just going to list the problems:

Freezer basket rusts at each point where it attaches. The top basket in the freezer rolls out but isn't in a track so if you are not careful it falls off the edges which can bend the little wheels and make it even more unstable. When the ice cube bucket is full and you open the freezer drawer the ice cubes get knocked into the bottom and on the floor. The ice cube maker doesn't always sense the tray is full and it keeps making ice cubes. There is a tiny little tube that is suppose to drain water and it gets clogged which floods the bottom of the freezer and freezes. You need to pay $300 to have a Viking repair specialist pull the refrigerator away from the wall and clean this tube which is located in back.

Condensation collects on the rubber seal around the freezer door at the top and then it molds. I had a Viking repair person adjust the humidity but it still does it. Refrigerator drawers are very flimsy in the tracks are very difficult to release and replace when cleaning. The freezer door is very heavy and doesn't slide easily so it often gets left ajar. If you don't push hard to shut it causes the contents of the freezer to defrost. I am very good at making sure but I have had visitors, dog sitter, and my children who open the freezer, don't quite close it all the way and leave the room so they don't hear the alarm.

Any maintenance or repair requires a Viking specialist who charges $300 to just pull it out from the wall. This is something you will not be able to do yourself due to the fact it is bolted to the back of the wall with several large bolts. Viking is not helpful when you call them. All I ask is that you research the problems I mentioned above and you will see this is not the appliance or the company you want to do business with.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I’ve been a Viking fan for quite a while when I lived in Chicago. There’s a place up there that sold a lot of Viking products, and I used to see them on display. And I figured if I ever remodel, I’d look at them again, which I did. And I bought a whole Viking kitchen. I dealt with their distributor Elite Appliance, and they were really great. Brian, the sales guy, was really good, very detailed and he answered all my questions. I got a great price and we bought the refrigerator, the 36-inch stove and I ended up getting the Viking dishwasher for free. So, that was a plus.

The refrigerator has been installed and we’ve been using it for about three weeks now. And I like it a lot. I like that it’s got a lot of lighting in it when I open it up. And the separate drawers for different temperature controls seems to work well. It’s counter-depth and it’s got a lot of room in it. And I like the lower drawer freezer and the sliding shelf. And now, I got an icemaker that works again, so I like that too.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I bought a house that has a Viking fridge installed in it. It's okay, but right now my fridge is overfreezing and I got frost on top of everything so I'm not so thrilled with it. I had reps at Viking come over to take a look at the crooked refrigerator and it went fine.

Original review: May 11, 2018

We like the features in our Viking refrigerator and how it looked. It fits in the whole kitchen. Our experience at the dealer was fine. I'd recommend Viking.

Original review: May 10, 2018

When the door of the refrigerator in the house that we bought fell off when we’re opening it, we called Viking. They offered to replace the refrigerator at no additional cost, which was nice. So far, it is working well and the door is staying on. Other than that, our whole kitchen is all Viking.

Original review: May 9, 2018

We bought a Viking refrigerator 15 years ago. We purchased a new refrigerator to replace one that wasn't working anymore. We had no choice but to buy another Viking because we invested in cabinetry and it’s the only thing that would fit. However, it doesn't fit even if the specs said it would. It was a disappointment. The current model is two inches deeper than the original side by side that fit in the 24-inch cabinet.

Viking would not take it back but the appliance company would, but we had looked at other side-by-side models. We would have had to use a stainless and our panel wouldn’t fit. In addition, nobody makes a counter depth refrigerator anymore. We'd have to invest in the columns to do that, and they’re significantly more expensive. We’re stuck with the Viking refrigerator. Also, they gave us a deal and we had gotten a dishwasher for free that came along with the refrigerator. Viking's specs need to be more accurate in terms of calling something counter depth when it’s really not counter depth.

The refrigerator freezes things on the top shelf. Then we had a hinge problem. We had people out of here twice to fix the hinges. The door is also extremely heavy and has a metal compartment on the door. And it’s much heavier than the other unit. Although it's a great refrigerator, I’m not enamored with Viking products. I also own a second Viking, a 36 inch with a lower freezer, which is still working after 15 years.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Ice box/drawer is cheap and the handle has broken off twice. It's at least $250 to replace it. Another drawer has a clear plastic drawer front and it's cracking. Drawers are nice looking, they don't hold up well though!

Original review: May 6, 2018

We ran into the Viking Refrigerator and it was on sale. Plus, we liked it and it was counter depth, which was what we were looking for. Its quality is good. I like that it’s tall enough so that you can place the wine bottles right on the door where you can move the shelves. And I like the compartment for the wine bottles too. However, you cannot open one of the drawers without opening up both doors. We thought we needed some repairs a while back. When we came back, it wouldn’t make any ice. We replaced the filter and it seemed to work, but it has been taking too long to make ice.

Original review: May 5, 2018

It works great except for the ice maker which stop making ice automatically because the lever that stops the ice making when the tray is full, keeps detaching from its connection.

Original review: May 4, 2018

My Viking refrigerator was provided by the builders and has been looking okay so far. I’ve been using it only a couple of months now. However, I do not necessarily like the design of the fridge. It doesn't have a water dispenser. I had expected a refrigerator with water dispenser, but apparently, Viking doesn’t make those anymore. I also would like to have a doorstop. The way the refrigerator is installed, it is very close to the oven handle, and if I open it down there, it hits the refrigerator door and puts a dent. So, I have to be careful. If it could have a doorstop that I could adjust and limit the opening of the door, that would help.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I was looking for a comparable model so I researched and saw that there were Jenn Air, Subzero, and Miele. I was looking for a certain look and dimension and I decided to go with Viking Refrigerators. I like the feature choice components. Plus, its quality seemed all right, but I was shocked that it didn’t have a filter installed for the water. Aside from the refrigerator, I also bought four other pieces of kitchen equipment and had a good experience with the dealer. Viking Refrigerators is very supportive and I would recommend them.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I've had a couple of Viking Refrigerators and it got one compressor on it. For its price it's a good refrigerator. I bought it to keep my food cold. When I ordered it, I knew what I wanted. I did my research, I went in and bought it. While it's a professional-looking refrigerator I wish it had two compressors -- one for the fridge and one for the freezer. I'd recommend it still to a friend.

Viking Refrigerators response

We appreciate your comments and are happy to hear that the unit is performing to your expectations.

Original review: May 1, 2018

We moved to a new house and the Viking Appliances were already there but they were very old like more than 10 years old so I replaced it. They have a reasonable price better than Subzero. It was a bit expensive but they have a good reputation among my friends and I just wanted to keep the same brand. The refrigerator is brighter than before and I like when the door close I feel like it’s suctioning the air kind of feeling. But I hope for the shelves to be strong in the future because it’s a little bit weak. Because the refrigerator I had was old with broken shelves I’m very careful when I put too much things on the shelves so I hope it stays well. I wouldn’t recommend to my friends regarding the price but I like it.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 30, 2018

I have had a Viking range for 10 years but my home flooded and I decided to replace it. I also decided to go with all Viking appliances. Viking has a quality range, but the other equipment are not really what you want, and the installation and distributors that Viking have are awful. They leave you in the lurch and don’t arrive on time. I bought the appliances from a local Viking distributor as there are no corporate stores here in Houston. For a high-end product, the Viking refrigerator's quality is poor. The finish and the engineering that goes into the product is weak. They don’t offer the same things their competitors offer. They offer a great name, but that’s all. Everything else is bad.

The installation people are hired by their distributors and so customer service had nothing to do with them. The installers are a subcontractor of the dealer and extremely unprofessional. The installers for the refrigerator showed up at 7:30 at night and said that they couldn’t install it then. I have to wait another five days to get it installed and then when they started installing it, they did it incorrectly. The installation dimensions we have off of the website are not accurate because the dishwasher wouldn’t fit in the hole that it was supposed to go into and the range didn’t fit where the old one came out. I had to pay twice to have these jerks come back and install it.

Viking has real problems. Their customer experience model is very poor. My experience was horrible. I talked to Viking in Mississippi, and their customer service people know about my experience and I never got any feedback. I tried to get my products registered since the dealer gave me the wrong serial numbers, and the woman that helped me from Viking customer service was very professional and followed through on what she said, but by that point it was way off past what needed to happen to get me to be a repeat customer. So as far as I'm concerned, I would never recommend Viking appliances to anyone and if I ever buy appliances again, it's going to be something other than Viking.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for letting us know how we can improve. Your feed back is appreciated.

Original review: April 29, 2018

There was a recall twice on the hinges for the heavy door (some people had it fall off and hurt them). I would not buy such an expensive one again. Not impressed with it overall, have had to have it serviced several times and the temperature fluctuates too much. Overall it worked acceptably over these 10+ years, though. It is so huge and built in, so replacing it would be awful.

Original review: April 27, 2018

When we bought our house, there was a much older Viking unit here that we just needed to replace so we wanted to continue with the same brand. I've had Sub-Zero before then I tried the Viking Refrigerators and I liked how it worked. I liked that it was counter depth and there were a lot of drawers in there. It looked like good options and features. I got it November last year and it's okay. But the biggest vulnerability is that the glass has the tendency to crack and we've already had to replace one drawer. The only bad news about it was I just fell out of the warranty period of 90 days. The customer service was very good and their reps were very helpful. I complained about the warranty a little bit and they reduced the price of the drawer. If a friend of mine asked me about Viking, I will them that it's a good product and it's been good so far.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I have a Viking freezer and a refrigerator and I haven’t been really pleased with either one of them. I've had the refrigerator for eight years and it was the refrigerator of the home that I built. The problem I'm having now is the coolant and there was some defrosting in it. The technicians had replaced it and tore this thing apart, but Viking sent them a defective part. When the technicians found out about it, they had already drained all the stuff out of the refrigerator and started putting it back together. The refrigerator has been down for a week now.

We’ve been looking for parts for three months and it’s just not been a good thing. The refrigerator door doesn’t close right and the guy was trying to work on that too. The freezer seal has always been an issue as far as the white trim and we’ve replaced that a couple times. The refrigerator itself is fine, but as far as the room goes and the expenses, I’ve had a lot of difficulty with it and the freezer. I've had the ice maker repaired and it's been a terrible experience. I don’t think I’d buy another Viking. If someone asks me about them, I'd tell them not to get a Viking.

Original review: April 25, 2018

On 4/10/18 our new Viking appliances were delivered and installed in our home. The side by side refrigerator freezer did not cool at all. The following day the salesperson came and tried to get it working without any luck. He called Viking who informed us they would come out the following week. We also discovered that the Downdraft to our brand new Viking Stove did not work as well! The following Monday a supposed Viking technician came to our home to check both appliances. He had no computer to run diagnostics and no email acct to his phone. The Viking phone operators had a difficult time discussing the problems with him. He informed us that BOTH appliances needed parts and that it would probably be around 10 days. Here it is the 25th and I haven't heard from them. Over $20,000 spent on appliances and half of them don't work from day 1!!!

Original review: April 25, 2018

My sister had a Viking Refrigerator and I also chose them because my LG broke and I wanted a counter depth refrigerator, basically with the luxury of a high-end refrigerator, but not having a built-in. A built-in will run you $10,000 to $12,000, so I thought it was a good idea to go with the name Viking. It really fits my kitchen as well. The price was on point and I didn’t consider anything else because of it.

The quality of the refrigerator is good, so far. It seems to keep my food a lot fresher than my LG did. However, the refrigerator door doesn’t stay all the way down in that lift. It also makes ice so fast that when you pull the door open, ice cubes fall out. It’s not a defect and it’s not such a bad thing, but it's not perfect. Nevertheless, I like the handle of the refrigerator because it matches our Wolf oven. I'm all about the look and I would tell others to definitely go for Viking Refrigerators. I would also tell them that I could actually go to Costco with the comfort of knowing my food is going to last.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I wanted all my products to match so I got a Viking fridge. However, I wish that it has an internal water source. It seems like a basic thing that all the other providers have that Viking does not. I saw that they have a unit that has that, but the one I bought didn't. There was a lot of back and forth with the dealer about it and there was a miscommunication. I was told that it had an interior water source and they may have said yes because they just misunderstood. So interacting with the dealer wasn't a really good experience.

Also, I wish they would have contacted me to see how things were going during installation and after installation. I tried calling them but I wasn't getting through. I think that contributed to a lot of the miscommunication because they weren't picking up the phone and contacting me directly. Furthermore, my freezer's broken at the moment. In terms of getting assistance to help get things fixed, it was tricky. They contacted me but they weren't able to fix it. They had to call a Viking service provider and they got out and the parts are on order now. If you're thinking of buying a refrigerator from Viking, look at a different company instead.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I like everything about the particular Viking refrigerator that I bought. It's very quiet and the quality is very good. The lighting inside is amazing and the outside and drawers are nice. However, their setup was totally not what it should've been. They came in, put in the refrigerator and that was it. When they set it up, they put the handles on and they left. But the handles need to come back off to get the plastic out, which they never did, so it was there. It took me about two weeks to peel off the plastic that's so tight on that refrigerator. It was like pulling off glue off the refrigerator. They came back once and the guy was late, and I had to go to work. And then I never recalled them to come back. My husband peeled off the rest. Also, when you pull out the drawer on the bottom, the other drawer comes out with it, and you have to push it back. Other than that, I'm really happy with the refrigerator. It's really nice and I love it.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I’ve heard of the Viking brand over the years and when I was redoing my kitchen I found them at Best Buy. I liked a few of the features and I was trying to buy a cheaper brand. But the main item I wanted was more of the double oven which has side doors like a baker’s oven. The oven was very nice however, I was a bit concerned about the cooktop because I can’t seem to find the right cook temperature. When you turn that on, you put it on really high and it heats up fast because it’s induction. I can’t seem to get used to it and I’m having a hard time getting used to the different burners. I either get stuff too hot or it doesn’t get hot enough.

For what I spent for the whole kitchen, I’m not overwhelmed with all the quality. The refrigerator and the stove are very nice. The refrigerator doors open and close and keep the food cold. It’s very expensive though. But some of their other appliances are not up to par. The cook-tops should work better. I think it was a brand new design and with this induction, it’s a little tricky to use and it was very difficult to get service. I had to call up and they had to give me a company that would give me service. When I called, I was told that it will be a month and a half before they can come out. I called and tried another company and then I was able to arrange for them to come out a week and a half. Usually, with that kind of money, I should be able to get service in the same week, not two and three weeks for you to use outside service companies. That was a little disappointing. I would have expected better customer service.

Furthermore, they offer rebates for buying certain things and I have to beg to get my rebates. With the amount of money I spent and with the company as big as Viking, I shouldn’t have to do that. It took weeks upon weeks and then they said I didn’t have the right serial number. They made me run through hoops and I had to wait and keep calling and finally, I got the money. We’re talking $1,400. All in all, I shouldn’t have a problem with the rebate nor getting serviced. I think the equipment set would be working a little bit better for the amount of the money I spent. I’m a little disappointed in the dishwasher but they told me that there’s not much they can do.

Original review: April 20, 2018

The refrigerator door fell on my wife out of nowhere when she opened it. But Viking they did an exceptional job in making sure that my wife was okay and that we received a new unit. We couldn’t be happier with their response. I assume it was because of the liability and the potential for an injury. They also probably wanted to prevent that from ever happening again. We have three little kids and God forbid it was one of them who opened those doors. It weighs 150 to 200 pounds fully loaded. Viking said it has apparently never happened before but that can happen with any product. Still, we’re happy with the product, its looks and its performance.

We’ve owned the Viking refrigerator for some time now, along with the oven, the microwave and the dishwasher. We have the whole Viking outfit. We also had issues with our oven and our dishwasher and they were diligent on those as well. The fan motor had to be replaced for our oven and they replaced the pump of our dishwasher.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Viking Refrigerators have a tough look. They don't have the look of a local GE but rather the look of a Sub-Zero Wolf, and I like it. Also, its quality is decent. The refrigerator that I purchased was only available in a French-door, which is a counter depth. I wish that option was available in a one-door as well. The shelves are movable. It's a tough refrigerator on the inside and it's not clumsy. The freshness stays in there longer and things don’t spoil as quickly. But it is extremely overpriced and it's so heavy compared to the others. The size could also have been a little wider.

Viking expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Viking is a luxury brand of appliances that became famous for its line of stove ranges. The company sells a wide variety of appliances, including refrigerators, and is based in Greenwood, Mississippi.

• Luxury: Viking offers top-notch, luxury products that use high-quality materials and offer many desirable features, such as icemakers and bottom-drawer freezers.

• Built-in option: Viking offers customers built-in refrigerator options, which means that customers can customize their refrigerator to match their home.

• Energy Star: The products that Viking makes are Energy Star rated, which means they efficiently use energy and are better for the environment.

• Size variety: The company offers refrigerators in a huge range of sizes so the products fit into many homes or commercial establishments.

• Unique products: Viking offers customers unique products, like beverage centers to keep drinks cool, under counter fridges and refrigerated drawers.

• Best for: Luxury homeowners looking for high-quality appliances, and commercial establishments that want to purchase a refrigerator.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs