toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We did a lot of comparisons on refrigerators and one of the reasons we went with a particular unit from Viking was because the store gave us a great price on it. It was the best product for the best price though not the cheapest. The dealers made me feel like they knew what they were talking about, but they probably could have known more. Their delivery and installation team was awesome. Even though they crimped the line by accident, it was something that nobody could have foreseen happening. They took great care of the unit when they were installing it and knew exactly what they were doing as far as where the outlet and water line needed to be and what it was going to take. They were very precise and did a very good job.

Overall, it's a good fridge but it could be improved in a number of areas like the design perspective. The cover that goes over the icemaker doesn't make sense the way that it's pulled. If you keep trying to pull it up, it rips one of the pegs out of the side when it could go up all the way or just slide forward out and that would solve the problem. It annoyed the crap out of me the first time I got it. Because of the crimping that the installers did when the fridge was originally hooked it up, there wasn't any water coming through. I was trying to make sure that the ice maker was running and making ice so I kept lifting the cover. That aside, I like my refrigerator and I'm very excited about it. It looks nice and I love that it has a filter for the water and the ice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We want to have high end appliances and our refrigerator choice were between Viking and Wolf. But we felt Viking was more professional grade, so we went with it. Its overall quality was good, but the door was not aligned when they were delivered. So we had to follow up, and they brought a technician through the dealer to readjust the door. I was disappointed about that and I was not 100% satisfied. But in terms of the condition, it's working fine, so I'm good. So far, my experience with them was satisfactory and their product looks dependable.

Viking Refrigerators

Viking will have a customer care rep contact you shortly to assist with finding a servicer for your unit. For future reference we have listed our customer care line below as well as out website so you can contact us directly with any questions.

800-241-9152 Option #5

www.vikingrange.com

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

We have a DFBB536L Built in Viking refrigerator in our vacation home and it stopped working. It is about 8 years old. The unit no longer cools in the main compartment or freezer. The man that checked on our house said everything in the unit is spoiled. Not sure who to contact for warranty.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to have a Viking range and my mother has a Viking Refrigerator. So, when I was looking for a refrigerator, I was thinking of Viking and a Sub-Zero. Since Viking's range was excellent and I already had a Sub-Zero before, I tried out Viking and it's better than Sub-Zero. I love the lighting and it's a beautiful refrigerator. It has superior quality. Also, we’re vegetarians so I’ve got a lot of vegetable in there and it seems to keep my vegetables fresher longer which is better than my last refrigerator. Overall, it’s an excellent refrigerator. It's also good for resell of the house. I love it and I’d buy it again.

Viking Refrigerators

Viking is truly sorry to hear of the issues you are having with getting you new units in and being able to use them. We will have a customer care rep contact you shortly to see how we can assist.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I knew about Viking's reputation, which used to be high quality. The dealer was friendly but not very knowledgeable. I had ordered a Viking hood and the rep didn't even know it didn't come with a motor, so we couldn't install the hood and it's been sitting in my garage for two months now. Also, there’s been lots of issues. They sent a wrong toe grille and they sent me another toe grille with the wrong part, so I’m still waiting for the right one and I still haven’t received it. It’s been a pretty bad experience all around. When I'm dealing with and paying for a high-end product like that, I expect service to be there with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I put in a gourmet kitchen so I wanted the best appliance, and since Viking is a well-known brand, I then got a refrigerator from them. We purchased it at Ferguson in Scottsdale and the gal who helped us there, Veronica, was very knowledgeable and she had great suggestions. Also, she knew what she was doing and I appreciated her input on appliances. I had a Sub-Zero one time, which I hated and I tore it up. On the contrary, I love my Viking refrigerator and the freezer. I love that my Viking is big and so spacious, and I like the soft-close drawers in the refrigerator.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for sharing you Viking experience. Even though there was issues with the unit we are pleased to hear that we were able to get them resolved to your satisfaction.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I had a Viking Refrigerator that came with the house when I purchased it. Its door fell off and it is due to a recall. So, Viking replaced it for free and they did a great job in replacing it quickly. Also, the door didn't hurt anybody but did some damage and Viking reimbursed us for all of the repairs. Moreover, their customer service is great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're purchasing a new house and we wanted to replace all the old appliances with new ones. We've always had other types of refrigeration but since we were also looking at enhancing the resale value of the house, we considered upgrading to Viking for the new home. We've had issues with their refrigerator so we had it replaced. The new refrigerator we received needs a new panel because there were some dents in the delivery, but that is more on the delivery and the installation, rather than the actual product itself. They will be replacing the panels free of charge since it's under warranty but it's a little inconvenient because someone has to be at home. We have to leave for work and we have a baby.

A lot of Viking products, including their refrigeration, are not necessarily standard size or there are certain components that need to be installed properly so it needs a special kind of installation to make sure that they fit. So there's a gap between the retail sale and the actual installation of the product. It ended up being a pain for us in receiving our Viking package because it wasn't installed properly initially and then we had to get the installers. We also ended up waiting from September until January to get the kitchen appliances all right so, my husband and I are now thinking why we didn't go with the higher end LG line that recently came out or some of the higher end Samsung or Bosch appliances or something that’s not necessarily a Viking or Wolf or Jenn-Air, but still in the big-box type chain. We don't know if we would do it again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had a Viking stove for the past 10 years and I was pretty pleased with the product. And I bought a Viking dishwasher because my old dishwasher, that was approximately over 20 years old, went. So, when my built-in refrigerator went as well, I got a Viking refrigerator because I said, "I'm just gonna get a Viking. Everything else is Viking." I got my Viking refrigerator through P. C. Richard. In fact, I bought pretty much all my appliances through them and they've been pretty good.

I love my Viking refrigerator. It's roomy and holds a lot. So far, it's a great product, so I'm happy. I like the fact that the lighting is wonderful. You can see everything that's in it. In addition, I like the way that they have the drawers stacked. I have extra room to put other things in that I couldn't do with my other refrigerator because I had a side-by-side refrigerator then. So, if I had a wide tray, I could never fit it in that other refrigerator. But this one holds everything beautifully. The freezer is a little small, though. It holds a little less than my other refrigerator did but that's okay.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our refrigerator was leaking from the inside for quite a number of months. As we were going through various showrooms and appliance stores, we had seen the Viking Refrigerators and looked into them. We chose Viking because we found a refrigerator that was on clearance and it was something that would fit in our space at the time and fulfill our needs. It's working very well. I like the way the upper interior is organized. I also like the sturdiness of the back which is in the lower freezer compartment. We're very happy and satisfied with it. I would it recommend it to a friend.

Factual basis uncertain

Bought a 48 inch built in 2007 and repair people have lived at my house. The entire guts have been replaced already and probably need to again as temperature warnings are occurring again! They have ONLY ONE authorized service rep in ALL of Greater Houston and been that way for years. That rep (K&N) service calls are $128 just to show up (no credit, nothing). Can't blame them. They know they own it. My ice maker door operation quit a long time ago for the 100th time and just gave up.

I go outside to my $100 fridge for ice. Per a previous service tech, Viking broke their relationship with KitchenAid on refrigeration and are using Amana parts and so they are really just starting over and that is obvious. I have called Viking a lot and they just don't care as they know their refrigerators don't work and so why fight gravity. I was an idiot for not reading reviews on this product before I bought because the truth as always been out there.

Viking Refrigerators

Viking is sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your ice maker and dispenser. We will have a customer care rep contact you shortly with a list of servicers for your area who can come out and look at your unit to see what is going on with it.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

We have had this refrigerator for over 3 years. Starting two years ago or perhaps more we had an on going problem with the Ice Maker and Water Dispenser. The ice maker will stop working on its own after working for two or three months. At the same time the water dispenser dispenses water almost at a drip. If we remove the ice maker for a short period the unit may start making ice again. Very frustrating to say the least. We have been patient but our 8 dogs are getting agitated. Does anyone have or know of a remedy?

Viking Refrigerators

We appreciate your comments and are extremely happy to hear that you are enjoying your new refrigerator.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

We had a bad experience with our GE Profile refrigerator. The drawers were flimsy and plastic and I replaced one particular drawer three different times in six years. So we went to our appliance store, looked at our options for refrigerators and see what would physically fit into our existing space. We have Viking stoves and we like them and the gentleman showed us the Viking refrigerator. We liked the way it looked and it fit our space so we bought it. We also liked its vegetable drawer which is much better than the GE. We have a lot of fruits and vegetable in our house and we use the wide drawer for vegetables. We can live with it. However, when the ice maker feature drops in a little bucket, it kind of makes a big noise. But beyond that, it's been great.

Their team at the dealer was also very good. Unfortunately, the guys that came out and put the refrigerator in the first time didn't level it. It was an inch and a half out off the cabinets that it sort of resides in on the top and an eighth of an inch out on the bottom. But we called the next day and the guys at Aitoro sent somebody out within an hour and a half. They leveled it and it was perfect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm happy with my Viking refrigerator and I like the size of the refrigerator compartment. On the other hand, I noticed the dirt pan underneath overflowed, at least, once. When I went to pull it out to just empty it, I couldn't remove it and I can't reach into the assembly area down there to remove the proper screws to be able to remove the whole dirt pan. It's a little concerning because I have already had water on the floor once from the unit and I certainly would want to be able to prevent it from happening again. Also, it'd be nice if they had a water filtration system in it so you could get drinking water out of it or like a spigot to get your drinking water. That would have been a really nice feature to have included.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had my Viking refrigerator for nine years. I like its size, look, feel, and quietness. However, it's not working anymore as it's leaking Freon gas. But apart from that, my experience with them is pretty good. We have their range, dishwasher, and microwave, and everything is perfect.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for sharing your Viking Experience. We are so happy to hear that you have been enjoying your refrigerator.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

My Viking refrigerator has lasted 10 years with three service calls mostly related to small things. It's great looking and it works well. The only complaint I have is the drawers within the refrigerator, such as the crisper drawer, all cracked and will need to be replaced. But they are very expensive to replace.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for letting us know how we can improve, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Continuous failures over three years, and little Viking help. It was a terrible buy. They provided no part support taking as long as 9 months for ice maker parts and 3-5 months for control boards. Local repair knew what to do and was released by Viking because of their knowledge.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the look of Viking Refrigerators and it was a right fit for what we needed. So we got a package deal from them and ended up getting two refrigerators. They’ve been great up until a month ago where unfortunately, one of them malfunctioned. The refrigerators are in our vacation home, and the gentleman who came out and checked it said the foam came loose and got caught in the fans. There was no coolant and no fans were going off, and it was heating up the temperature so all of the fixtures on the doors cracked from the heat. The food in my refrigerator also cooked for about two weeks, so it took 11 hours for the cleaners to get it cleaned and it still smells.

I was still hoping that Viking will get it fixed, but parts have to be ordered and the gentleman who came out and told me to put coffee or charcoal in the refrigerator also said that the inside of my refrigerator got cooked. It's now beige and is off color. He said if I can leave with that, then my refrigerator will probably be okay. But I was asked what I wanted and I said I'd like the refrigerator replaced because it’s clear that there's something wrong and they came out and confirmed it. But they're going to send all the pieces to put it together, and that's very silly to replace all the stuff as I don’t think my refrigerator is going to be all right because of the inside coloring. It's going to cost them as much for each of those drawers because everything inside the refrigerator wasn’t metal and most of the shelvings cracked and completely dropped to the bottom of the refrigerator, smothered in whatever food I had there, and it was just not good.

My second Viking refrigerator, a small one that’s on the counter by my stove, also decided to kick out, which is weird because Viking is usually a very good product. The tech said he’s seen it on three others in his time and he’s worked for 20 years on Viking, but he’s never seen it this bad. So I hope they do the right thing and replace the product because it clearly was faulty. I think it's a great product. It's sleek and I loved it, but I'm still a little frustrated. It's been two weeks and I haven’t heard anything back, so I'm going to call and see what the progress is on what was happening with my refrigerator.

Viking Refrigerators

We will have one of our customer care reps contact you to get the unit information. Viking has one of the longest warranties in the business and it may be possible that some parts of this may still be under warranty. Viking carries 6 year parts and labor warranty on the sealed system and then an additional 6-12 year parts only sealed system warranty.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I moved in to my new house a few months ago. Since late June, I have had my Viking refrigerator repaired at least 3 times. Prior to the first repair, I tried calling Viking, and was just referred to a local repair company -- no offer was made to look into warranty issues or anything else. Initially, the thermistors were replaced, but shortly thereafter the freon unit developed a hole, which would require a $2k repair. I acknowledge that the units are about 10 years old, but I would expect more longevity from such a high priced product. Unfortunately, my current setup is a 36" wide refrigerator (which is broken), and a 30 inch freezer that works. Rather than replacing just the refrigerator, I've opted to replace both units with a smaller 48" inch refrigerator. I can't afford the continued maintenance costs of these units.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like that Viking products are made in the USA, and so I had their products in a previous home too. We also decided to buy an entire Viking kitchen for our guesthouse. That includes a stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, wine cooler, and microwave drawer. However, we had a problem with the dishwasher and Viking took almost nine months on it. They ended up having to replace it because the technician messed the other one up.

Our refrigerator has also been leaking at the bottom for the last five months. The thing is it's in the guesthouse and it’s hardly used. The parts that have issues are all under warranty of about six to eight years. I've been dealing with a gentleman from Viking who has been trying to get technicians down here. One tech took off the door as well as the back panels, and now the door won't close and it leaks on both sides instead of one. It’s very frustrating because other than that one tech who came, I’ve still yet to get another one to come and look at the refrigerator and we're about ready to throw it out on the street.

My liking of Viking has always been the cooktops or ranges. In fact, I just had my 60-inch installed in my kitchen in the main house. I still like the product. It's just very frustrating to deal with customer service. Their service and follow-up is horrendous and I would not recommend it to anybody. I've been in the restaurant business for 30 years and people respect the opinion. So I can't make a recommendation when something is lopsided.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife wanted to get matching appliances in our new kitchen, so we got Viking Refrigerator to match with our French door oven. I like the control panel on the inside of the door of the refrigerator with the display, temperatures, and the different controls. Pacific Sales was my dealer and they were very friendly and helpful. Overall, the experience has been good. However, I was a bit disappointed with the issue of the refrigerator and it happened after a year, so it was just out of warranty. Before the Christmas break, I opened the fridge one morning and noticed it was warm. It continued to get warm and got up to about 65 in the fridge and well above freezing in the freezer. I placed a service call with a local company Pacific Sales recommended. They told me to reset the power. It didn’t really make any difference that day, then the next day, I checked again and noticed the fridge was working. I kept my eye on it and it's been working ever since.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for letting us know how we can improve. Your feedback is appreciated.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

We've had issues with the refrigerator's installation. The top grill doesn't seem to be straight, it looks out of alignment. We had someone come look at it, but they said that is the way it is. Also, the kick plate looks very unfinished. It has screws showing, that doesn't look very attractive. A little disappointed with the appearance considering the cost.

Viking Refrigerators

Viking is sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the product. If you are having issues that the servicer has not been able to repair please contact our customer care team at 800-241-9152 and select Option 5 and we will be happy to assist.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I am dissatisfied with my Viking Refrigerator. I like its size but its quality is just average. It looks good but it's not durable. I've already had to replace the ice maker after three years. The finish isn't finger proof so I had to clean it nonstop. I have other appliances from them too, like their whole cooking range, two ovens and a dishwasher, and I also got issues with those.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to learn that you have having issues with the new unit. We will have a customer care rep contact you shortly to assist with the door adjustment.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

My refrigerator freezer was delivered defective. I just got a replacement but I am still waiting on parts for it to be adjusted by the repair guy. I had to argue with people at Viking for two to three months for me to say I'm not taking this refrigerator because it's cracked in one of inside framing. The local, regional manager wanted me to caulk it to fix the whole thing. But I said, "Look, I paid $14000 for this freezer refrigerator. I'm not doing that." After three months of just saying no, I'm thankful that I finally got it. It's been frustrating and I hope I can get my part and stuff soon.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Viking is a pretty well-known brand name and I've known of it for some time. The team at the Viking dealer was very good and helpful. The refrigerator that I purchased from them has been very good so far. I like the space and design of it -- it is probably the best.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your refrigerator.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

We got a Viking fridge as it had good reviews and we like the configuration of the doors and the depth. The quality is really great and the vegetable crisper drawer keeps things fresh longer. They've been great at Eastbank appliances where we bought it. It's all have been a good experience, I would do it again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking for counter-depth refrigerator design and there weren't many options out there but Viking has one. On Monday, we actually contacted the store where we purchased the Viking refrigerator to let them know it's having some trouble and to check the temperature because our freezer is over freezing. We adjusted the temperature and it's still over freezing. We have a lot of frost in the freezer. My husband was to get back with the rep after we had adjusted the temperature. They said that they were gonna send someone out and have that checked for us so we'll have to call them back and have them schedule someone.

Viking Refrigerators

Viking is sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your refrigerator. We will have a customer care rep contact you shortly to get the info on the new unit and see how we can assist with getting this taken care of.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

We bought Viking Professional which we thought would have been their best of the best and we’ve not been happy with it. I was really excited about the purchase and it’s been a disappointment. With the first fridge we had, water was pooling. We had three different service guys out, the last one being a Viking service person who couldn’t figure it out. They ended up replacing it, and with the fridge that they replaced it with, the door is not aligned correctly. We’ve had two people out to try to fix that and that has been unsuccessful. After three service calls, a fridge replacement and two additional service calls, six different times I’ve spent the day in the house waiting, we’re done. I would tell anybody else not to purchase it because it’s a lot of money and we’re settling because I’m truthfully just tired of it. I wouldn’t purchase another one.

My battle with my Viking product began 8 yrs ago. We bought a new with new appliances. All Viking. Living 8 yrs with this refrigerator has been like living in the 1800's. We have had our ice maker break 3 times. Hinges break. But the biggest problem is the food staying fresh. Mainly because the only choice in cooling for this refrigerator is Lukewarm and rotten food or your eggs yogurt and all food frozen. I am writing this once again because I own a very expensive refrigerator and without and help this company has not recalled this lemon of a product. The frustration level is so bad I had to take to Facebook last time I sought out help for this problem. I then made friends with people in Vancouver Colorado and Brazil all whom had the same problems and the company took back their refrigerator. They sent me repair man and blocked me from their social media. But I still continue to have Massive problems with this refrigerator.

Ice maker once again broken. Broken shelving and cooling problems begin to plague me once again. Imagine your danger comes home from college has surgery before the holidays and you take out the large tub of yogurt frozen solid. You like to drink cranberry juice frozen solid. Take something off a different shelf moldy. It is almost impossible to deal so I go buy a garage refrigerator to try to survive the holidays. I will never purchase a Viking product again and when I'm in store I do walk up to complete strangers and tell them to run from this product. It saddens me because I would love to support a company made in the USA. I just would like a company to stand by this and make good.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for sharing your experience and letting us know how we can improve. Your feed back is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

We've had several visits already for the fridge that we bought from Viking even though it's still under warranty. Right after it was installed, the ice and water features were not working. They came out a couple of times for that and eventually they figured it out and fixed it. Then more recently, the unit completely died and it turned out to be the board for the inverter was bad. But the thing that's maddening is how long it took for them to come and fix it. The parts were in stock but it took three days to have the order put in and then these can't be shipped fast. We were without a fridge for two weeks.

That to me is a poor customer service. Luckily we had a spare fridge in the garage that we kind of lived out of for two weeks. If somebody's fridge breaks, they should ship that thing via FedEx. They should come, fix it and not screw around. Then just this week, the ice thing was not working. I figured it out when somebody in the house that looks at appliances noticed that where the water is coming out to make the ice is completely frozen. I would think twice buying another Viking.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Viking is a luxury brand of appliances that became famous for its line of stove ranges. The company sells a wide variety of appliances, including refrigerators, and is based in Greenwood, Mississippi.

• Luxury: Viking offers top-notch, luxury products that use high-quality materials and offer many desirable features, such as icemakers and bottom-drawer freezers.
  • Built-in option: Viking offers customers built-in refrigerator options, which means that customers can customize their refrigerator to match their home.
  • Energy Star: The products that Viking makes are Energy Star rated, which means they efficiently use energy and are better for the environment.
  • Size variety: The company offers refrigerators in a huge range of sizes so the products fit into many homes or commercial establishments.
  • Unique products: Viking offers customers unique products, like beverage centers to keep drinks cool, under counter fridges and refrigerated drawers.
  • Best for Luxury homeowners looking for high-quality appliances, and commercial establishments that want to purchase a refrigerator.

Viking Refrigerators Company Profile