Call toll free
3.52/5
Based on 269 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized for their exceptional products, Viking provides free standing ranges, range tops, ovens, refrigeration of all kinds, and much more. They have re-engineered their products and they are better than ever. You can now own these products that were previously available only in commercial kitchens. Since partnering with The Middleby Corporation over two years ago, they’ve shifted their culture to ensure their products, quality, and service are the best out there. With numerous products to choose from, you’ll find exactly what you’ve been looking for.

Viking Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

780 Viking Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2018

We wanted to have a nice Viking refrigerator as we thought it would be better than its competitors. I like the idea that when you open the door, it has the temperature and all of those little controls. The first thing we didn’t like about it was that it didn’t have a water dispenser on the inside or the outside but that hasn’t proven to be a big problem. Another issue is that when the ice falls into the bin, it’s pretty loud. My wife has more issues with it. One time there was some kind of leak and all the ice melted together.

We had a nice relationship with the dealer except that when we got the refrigerator and found out there was no water dispenser, we called them and he never called us back. After a while, we just got used to it and I was disappointed in that. He was a good friend when we were buying from him but after we bought it, he didn’t wanna be bothered. But overall, we’re happy with the refrigerator and we don’t have any big deals about it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 13, 2018

We purchased a house and the developer installed Viking in so we just bought it. I've seen other friends of mine who have Viking products and were satisfied, so I went with them. I also like the look of their products and it all seems to work well. It looks nice and it fits everything. I like all the little compartments too. I am very happy and it's one of the reasons why I like the house.

Original review: July 11, 2018

My Viking was purchased by the builder as part of the house and it's been okay so far. I'm satisfied overall.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The Viking refrigerator is well-lit and well-designed. The only criticism I have is that when we open up the bottom drawer and let the icebox fill up to the top, as we pull out that drawer that has the icebox, the little metal piece that you flip up and down to turn off or on the icemaker very often grabs a roll of ice cube, shoots them into the back of the refrigerator, and they come flying out underneath the freezer compartment. If I was 30 years old picking up the cubes it wouldn’t bother me as much, but I'm 70 years old and having to lean over and pick up the ice cubes when they fly across the floor is not something I'm enjoying. What we've been doing is once the icebox is filled, we flip the metal bar up and we leave it off until the box is fairly empty and then put it back up again. I don’t think it has to do with a malfunction and that they could fix that without redesigning the refrigerator.

If someone asks about Viking, I would tell them to consider making sure that they look at the design of each of the refrigerators and make sure that this particular design is something they're gonna be aware of in case they buy this model. This is a problem I'm having with this model and maybe another model doesn’t have that problem.

Original review: July 6, 2018

My wife fell in love with the Viking oven and she wanted the other stuff to match, and that's how we went down the refrigeration path. The people at sales did a great job selling the refrigerator and going through the function and features. So far I like the lighting and the storage compartments.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: July 5, 2018

Fridge is leaking water on to the floor after 4 years. Authorized service tech didn't find anything wrong but changed thermostat just in case was the problem. Fridge still leaks. YouTube videos show it is likely a clogged drain line. After taking apart fridge we can see the evaporation tray is completely dry, yet water is leaking on floor. Why didn't tech even check this??? Seems pointless to call tech back since he was so clueless but we don't know how to fix it. Also the shelves broke too easily.

Original review: June 28, 2018

We met with the district sales manager of Viking Refrigerators and it was a great meeting. We switched from Dacor and purchased from them. But when the first appliance that we bought came though, I sent him an email with pictures of the problem and never heard one word. We've had trouble with the refrigerator and with the oven, and now we’ve got a service call in for the dishwasher, and it hasn't been a great experience. Our interaction with the customer service reps has been a disaster and they handled the situation poorly. I was spending 20,000 bucks and I wanted to get the issues resolved, and I didn't have time to mess with them.

So, we went right to the retailer, Abt, and we dealt with them and they responded very promptly. The Viking product is great but getting it here in one piece is the issue. We're very satisfied with the final results, but there was no response from Viking from May until now to get the issues resolved. On the other hand, Abt was great and I'd go to them any day of the week. But don't go to Viking.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I’ve known Viking’s name for a long time and I chose them partly because I love the double French door oven and I like to get all matching appliances. I have a Viking refrigerator, dishwasher, induction cooktop, and a double oven but I don’t have the microwave as it didn’t fit in my nook which was very disappointing. The refrigerator’s layout is good and the lighting is working well. The refrigerator is a match with the cooking and baking and I like it. The Viking products I have are very good. But I had a screw come out of my dishwasher and I can’t figure out where it should go. Also, on the refrigerator, the little canal where you adjust the temperature that kind of sits at the bottom of it is loose. But, when you look at the oven, the racks are substantial and anyone comparison shopping can tell a huge difference. Additionally, the induction cooktop has been amazing.

Our Viking dealer is Ferguson and they have been great. We had a lot of trouble on the installation and they made it right and they put in a new manager, to fix the issues. They also did the pre-site inspection after and it wasn’t right and was worthless. The representatives didn’t measure accurately and completely. They did not mark any modifications needed for the Viking microwave. But when I delved into it, there was no way it was gonna fit because of the depth. Then, they marked the height of the double oven that’s needed but not the depth. The back of my cabinet also had to be torn out and that was a surprise. Ferguson is fixing that and it was a hassle.

Buying the Viking products was awesome but getting them put in was stressful. I had the double oven sitting in my living room for a few weeks while we work out the issues. So far, my experiences with Viking have been good and I’m hoping their products last a long time. They look beautiful. Still, I’m waiting for my rebate check and once I get that I’ll be full thumbs up for Viking.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 23, 2018

I first heard of Viking Refrigerators from friends talking about the brand when they were shopping for the prices and we purchased from them because my husband likes the look. We got the French refrigerator and Viking's team was friendly and helpful. But it's a little concerning that it came with issues. There was something wrong with the door and there was a dent on top of it. I called the company that I purchased it from and they weren’t too responsive but I was able to get a small discount off the fridge and someone came to fix the problem that I was having with the door. The person who came out was surprised that they shipped it out to me in that condition. We had the issues resolved but I feel like it doesn’t live up to the name that I’m used to hearing about, at least for this model.

Viking Refrigerators response

We are sorry to learn of the recent issues you have encountered with your Viking refrigerator. Naturally, we are concerned when we receive comments reflecting adversely upon the quality of our products. Viking Range makes every effort to manufacture products of the highest quality. Unfortunately, in spite of all the precaution taken to ensure the reliability of our products, occasional issues may occur. We are happy to hear that we were able to get the issue with your door taken care of.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I purchased a refrigerator, a stove, wine cooler and vent hood from Viking. The refrigerator's quality is great. It looks good and it works well. But we had a cosmetic issue with it about its packaging. I guess it’s from the factory like somebody had scoured through the packaging to get the handles attached. They basically cut the steel when they did so it got scour marks on the steel. I’ve already filed a warranty claim and somebody contacted me. They were supposed to schedule a time to come out but I never heard from them again. The last time I did was eight weeks ago and I just remembered recently that it never got done.

When I was speaking with the team at Viking Refrigerators, the experience is generally pretty good. But it was a little frustrating that I had to go separately to register the warranty then come back to them to do it rather than staying to do it with them right then and there. It should have been a little bit easier. But other than that, the experience with talking with them about the problem seemed fine. But they haven't followed up with the local contractor. I got a call from Viking shortly after being contacted by the local person asking me if the contractor finished it which I told them that they have not. Then they said to check back in with them but I don’t think anyone has.

Other than that, I find it interesting that they don't have French door built-in refrigerator on the larger sizes. We got their 42-inch size and Viking doesn’t offer a French door refrigerator which we would’ve liked. But at the end of the day, the cost difference to go for a Wolf or Subzero ‘cause they have that as an option on a built-in is not worth it. And I will still recommend Viking.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I bought a house and it had an older Viking range and a Bosch dishwasher. I needed to replace my refrigerator so I wanted it to be Viking. I chose Viking because I wanted it to match the stove. Besides, Bosch did not have as good reviews as Viking. And I was a bit limited as I live in a very old house and it’s a standalone refrigerator. It’s not a built-in and there aren’t a lot of those high-end available and Viking had a nice one. So I purchased the refrigerator through Best Buy and they were very nice. They didn't have the refrigerator on the showroom floor and this guy named Ryan found it for me when I told him exactly what I needed.

When I bought the French Door refrigerator, it was fine. I like the way it looks, as well as its lighting. But then it began making high-pitch tinging noise that was driving me crazy. I had an appliance guy come in to check it and I pointed it out and he took a video and told me that it's no good. It was not the fan which a lot of people thought. The fan makes a fine sound. Almost a comforting sound. But this was a metal on metal and it was the condenser. They put me in touch with Viking and they sent out a technician and he put some sound deadening material on the condenser which has solved the problem. Thing is, it should be designed that way in the first place. It's silly. And also right there in the back of the fridge is a crazy piece of cardboard which doesn’t make any sense. It should be a metal panel. But overall, it's a very nice fridge with a very good price. I would recommend Viking.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My contractor bought a Viking refrigerator to fit a spot that I had in my kitchen. However, I’m very torn about it. It’s a very big unit but it seems to be very small inside compared to the machine that I had previously. I can’t understand how it takes up the same amount of space up and down and side to side and in and out, but there’s less interior space. I also have problems with arranging the shelving in a reasonable height given the drawer setup that’s there. So, the interior design is not good and I’d urge a consumer to be more involved in the choice of the machine.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I had some friends with Viking refrigerators and I liked its style such as the outside of the door and the way it looks in the kitchen. They're well-made and I like the interior spacing of the shelving. The drawers are nice and wide too. I'm very comfortable with Viking and I had a good experience with them.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: June 17, 2018

The drain on my Viking refrigerator, which is supposed to drain the water that the condenser takes out, wasn’t draining. It froze over so we had leaking for a couple of days. The Viking reps were professional and were able to handle the issue in a timely manner. They were able to send somebody out. The guy that came out though was quite obnoxious, annoying and I wasn’t happy with the work he did. I tried helping him because he was here by himself and was making a mess. He wouldn’t show me what he was doing, kept saying this was my fault and that we somehow got food in the drain. When we got to the drain, I asked him where the food was and he got upset.

He then told me that he was gonna put something in the drain to keep it from freezing over. He went ahead and took the screwdriver and made a hole in the radiator that’s part of the condenser and pushed a bunch of slats together to put it in there. He told me that this was how they do it. I told him that I worked on cars for more than 20 years and that if he ever did this to a car radiator, he would have to get a new radiator. I also told him that I worked on cooling for computer systems for 25 years and I do lots of water cooling jobs and if he did this to a radiator, he’d be getting a new radiator. He answered again that this was how they do it and that’s how he left it and left the house. I relayed this information back to Viking and nobody ever followed up with me.

The whole point of the radiator is they’re supposed to radiate the heat off, and one of the ways they do that is all those little slats are separated. That way, the heat goes off into the air. They don’t transfer on to other pieces of metal but he went ahead and pushed all the slats together. This is a $5,000 refrigerator and barely two years in, it flooded my kitchen, caused damage to the hardwood floors and required a service call. I'm not impressed. We just got a dishwasher and we chose Bosch because of this experience. Now we’re about to swap out the stove and the hood, and I’m not taking Viking again.

Original review: June 16, 2018

We purchased a new home and we told our contractor that we wanted Viking appliances since I had rented an apartment that featured Viking in the kitchen years ago. Price-wise, it's reasonable and the quality is outstanding. I like that it's very spacious. I had that issue with a refrigerator that I previously owned, as all of these newer refrigerators don't hold that much. I also like the new space for pizza boxes and party platters. But I was disappointed that there is no water dispenser in this model that I have. Also, for some strange reason, it makes a noise even though the door is closed, and it's unclear why that's happening. Overall I've been very pleased. It's a great combination of affordability and quality, and I would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for higher-end appliances.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My husband was looking into a whole bunch of different brands and Viking was a little less expensive but just as good quality. It's been great and I like having all the space in it. However, I'm waiting for them to call me back because the fridge and freezer aren't side-by-side as the fridge is pushed back a little bit. I'm waiting for them to contact us to schedule the installers to come back and fix it.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: June 14, 2018

We bought a house with a Viking Refrigerator in it. I've heard about it before and they were supposed to be really good appliances. However, I had problems with my refrigerator for almost a year before anything was done about it. So, that was very irritating. My fridge would get warm randomly. It got into the 40s everyday and it'd get up into the 50 degrees sometimes. It was very difficult. So I called and their reps have been professional. However, with the first person I talked to, it doesn’t seem like anything happened. When I called again a month or more later, he got something going and it was taken care of right away. I had a repairman come out at least 12 times and make many repairs, change pieces out, but nothing ever seemed to work. I called and complained so many times and the repairman had assured me that he had called and suggested it being replaced, and nothing ever happened. So, his interaction was not very productive at all.

After 11 months, they finally said they'll replace it. They did that but then after a few days, the alarm started going off on it. I’m not impressed with Viking and most likely I would never buy another Viking Refrigerator again. I would also discourage people from purchasing Viking, especially if it was a refrigerator. My experience has not been good.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I saw Viking in other peoples' home and I've heard about it before. I liked the look or their design. My builder bought the Viking refrigerator when I moved to the new construction five years ago. The refrigerator part is okay. I like the shelving and the refrigerator is very spacious. The look of the refrigerator looks great and looks very modern. Functional-wise, it's a big refrigerator and it has a lot of space, but other than that, it's just a refrigerator. Also, I had an issue with the freezer recently. It has a drain pipe to a pan underneath it to drain water. The pipe got blocked and there was icing there. I had the repair service to repair it. I learned from the service guy that I need to do maintenance every year to move the refrigerator out and then it's back to prevent any blockage. I had a bit of interaction with the vendor and their service was okay, although it will be helpful if the appliance dealer could have a stronger service department.

I have about everything from Viking. I also have a dishwasher, microwave, range, and the hood above the range, but the dishwasher has many problems. It has been serviced by the technician three or four times already. When I had the dishwasher problem, I called the service company and it took seven to 10 days for them to show up. Sometimes I had to wait for a long time for them to show up. I may not want to buy Viking at all because although I had good experience with the refrigerator and everything else, if one has a problem, I may have to buy another different set. I need to have matching appliances. Viking has to take care of everything including the one that I have a bad experience with, the dishwasher.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Our old Viking Refrigerator was unimpressive for the price. It was just an ordinary refrigerator with a Viking label on it. It was eight years old and a particular part broke. We could have fixed the thing for $200 but they discontinued that part and it was not available. They supposedly keep spare parts for 10 years, but I suspect that this part was defective or broke a lot, so they ran out. So our opinion of Viking is not very good.

We bought a new refrigerator and it was the only one that fit in the space that we had. It also costs $1,000 more than other virtually identical refrigerators made by the same company. There were also other better refrigerators that are too tall. The new refrigerator's drawers and shelves worked better than the old one's. It's a decent refrigerator, but all refrigerators in that price range are at least as good. There's nothing special about it.

Original review: June 11, 2018

We bought the new model of Viking Refrigerator that was a little less expensive than Subzero and got better reviews. We like it and my favorite is its lighting feature. Viking Refrigerator is okay but we’re not blown away. We noticed that the icemaker doesn’t know when to stop making ice, it just overflows. It does all right keeping things cold but sometimes it’s freezing something and sometimes it’s not. It’s just bizarre, it’s like some things in a certain area of the refrigerator tend to freeze. Almost not solid frozen but get close to frozen. It looks great though. It's aesthetically pleasing. I have a cheap refrigerator in Florida that performs the same. Nonetheless, the Viking dealer was great. We got all of our appliances through them. If someone would ask about Viking, I'd tell them to do the research and really find out what products work the best. Viking is a good line but I think refrigerators are overrated.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I've known Viking from many years ago in the food service business. I wasn’t going with the Viking Refrigerator, but with the Viking cooktop. Both appliances came as a package deal and the sales pitch was one item would be free, so it was easier for me to do that. I would have never gone with Viking for my refrigeration purchase. I’ve been using the refrigerator for about a month now and it appears very sturdy and I feel it's gonna last. It also appears to do a great job to have the room that I thought it did for its size. I also like the digital controls on top that tells me what’s going on

People have to understand the options that come with their Viking Refrigerator, like the ice maker versus non-ice maker, down to if they have water filtration for access to waterspouts. Viking is really there when you’re looking at the quality. On the other hand, Viking is not sitting extremely well with me on the customer service side. I had the direct vent and it hasn’t worked since day one. After three months, they finally decided to replace it. I saved my money for a very long time for those items and they are the biggest expense I've ever made on appliances. It was quite depressing knowing that Viking didn’t stand by some of their equipment. So, be cautious.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Our GE refrigerator doesn't have as good as the quality that we expected for the price. The worst part is I can't really get it cleaned. I follow the instructions as to how to get that stainless cleaned and it doesn't do what the manual tells me. It doesn't really look like I would want it to look, which is to look uniform. It doesn't come out even and the surface is so bad to clean that I keep those fiberglass things so that when I open and close the doors, I don't have to do the handles constantly. And the other thing which we didn't know when we purchased it was we just assumed it had an ice maker and it doesn't have an ice maker.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I have had my Viking 2 door refrigerator since 2001, I love it! I say that, but it has been leaking since day 1. I have had more repair people out to my house than I care to admit, because tempory fixes are still cheaper than a new one. My issue? Water leaking from under the refrigerator, it has been happening off and on since 2001. And today, 6/8/2018, there is so much water on the floor of my kitchen I had to leave the house today (for work) with a ton of towels on the ground and I am working to get someone to come out to my house (AGAIN) to try and fix it. My other concern is even attempting to try and find a fridge large enough to fit into the spot that the Viking fridge is in (if I attempted to replace it). Sad, but still LOVE my Viking (I know, I am crazy).

Original review: June 7, 2018

We remodeled our kitchen and have replaced all of our appliances with new Viking models to include: a 6-burner, 2-oven range; a 36" built in freezer, a 36" built in refrigerator, 2 dishwashers, a microwave and a double electric oven with French doors on top. I have had problems with not one, but ALL of my appliances within the first two years of owning each of them. The problems that were covered under warranty eventually got fixed, but the service provided in Rancho Santa Fe by the southern California servicer recommend on the Viking website (Executive Appliance), has been slow and unreliable. I was without a freezer for two weeks and only got it fixed because I repeatedly called them to chase the electrical board part and their technician (after losing several hundred dollars worth of food).

The refrigerator's hinge had a metal part that literally broke apart and fell on the floor. Again another, several week wait to get this fixed. Both dishwashers stopped working within the first two years and have been repaired and are working, but one has control buttons that constantly stick and the paint labeling the buttons is rubbing off. The electric oven does not heat evenly and the food at the back gets cooked faster, so you have to rotate your cakes and cookies or use the convection feature to minimize burning at the back. The small oven in my gas range does not work consistently, so I just use the electric ones now. So, if you intend to use your appliances regularly, I would advise avoiding Viking.

Like other reviewers, it's just a fancy name badge on your appliance, what's beneath is not well constructed or reliable. I am so DISAPPOINTED and will NEVER again purchase a Viking product. I cannot imagine how they will stay in business with such unreliable products. I am just furious about the time and effort I've had to spend getting things fixed that are not even old. I guess I should have kept the very old appliances - - at least they worked.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Problem with freezer basket falling off and freezer light was blown. Scheduled a appointment, and the technician said he would need to come back to repair. The basket was repaired but not the light. It’s been weeks and no one ever called back. Fortunately for me the light eventually came back on.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We replaced our original KitchenAid matched set. We now have the Viking 36" Refrigerator, the outstanding dishwasher that came with it. This even cleans wine glasses like new. Best Dishwasher and Refrigerator we've ever owned. We ordered a Viking 36" cooktop and are waiting for delivery. The first delivery on the cooktop had to be returned because the Quality Dept didn't inspect properly the fit on the front plate that connects to the body of the cooktop. They look really good in the kitchen like great artwork. Adds value to the house and keeps the food more fresh.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I bought a $8,500 Viking Refrigerator in late 2004. When I started having problems in 2017, I called the only appliance repair in Fredericksburg, VA for Viking. They arrived and charged $90 and told me to plug the fridge in after it defrosted. The repairman had taken out the basket and freezer door and took the screws with him. When I called them, they sent me an "estimate" for $1500. I asked them why $1500 estimate when they didn't run the diagnostics? They said that was the worst case scenario. How can anyone decide whether to repair or not if you don't know what's wrong. I called Viking customer service and they were indifferent. DON'T BUY VIKING!

Original review: June 1, 2018

Very bad product by Viking (Refrigerator VCFF036 SS). Dripping tray, under the compressor cracked and water leaking on the hardwood floor and it exploded. First time, Viking fixed this problem. Now, couple of years later, the same problem arise again. Called authorized repair dealer. Paid $185 for initial visit, $125 to order replacement plastic pan and, because it requires 2 person to install it, I will pay $150 per hour. Never buy this product. I meant all Viking products. Rip Off.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I’m a real estate agent so I know a lot about appliances. I had some requirements, like a French door, three doors and that special compartment with the special temperature. There were some features which when I combined with the money I wanted to spend on it, it came to this particular Viking model and I like it very much.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Viking Refrigerator's quality is good. However, the freezer was broken a couple of months ago. So the whole thing just freezes. We called for service and the technician showed up the next day and fixed it. For two years that I've had it, my experience with them has been good.

Viking expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Viking is a luxury brand of appliances that became famous for its line of stove ranges. The company sells a wide variety of appliances, including refrigerators, and is based in Greenwood, Mississippi.

• Luxury: Viking offers top-notch, luxury products that use high-quality materials and offer many desirable features, such as icemakers and bottom-drawer freezers.

• Built-in option: Viking offers customers built-in refrigerator options, which means that customers can customize their refrigerator to match their home.

• Energy Star: The products that Viking makes are Energy Star rated, which means they efficiently use energy and are better for the environment.

• Size variety: The company offers refrigerators in a huge range of sizes so the products fit into many homes or commercial establishments.

• Unique products: Viking offers customers unique products, like beverage centers to keep drinks cool, under counter fridges and refrigerated drawers.

• Best for: Luxury homeowners looking for high-quality appliances, and commercial establishments that want to purchase a refrigerator.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs