toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We moved into a new house and my wife originally wanted a Sub-Zero but we couldn’t afford that so she decided that the Viking was the coolest looking, most durable, best line of refrigerators to look at. We got a new model and we’re really happy with it overall. We like its look and the solid feel. However, there were just a few cosmetic problems with it. It was a new model and they hadn’t worked out the bugs. When they installed the handles on it for all the different doors, screwing the screws too hard puts a dent in the stainless steel. But if they don’t do it hard enough, they loosen and start falling off. Also, there’s a bar handle and these connectors that they have to screw on don’t match the surface of the fridge very well. When they put it on, there’s an 8th or 16th of an inch gap between that little thing and the handles if they don’t put it on right. They finally figured out how to do it and got new parts.

We’ve had to have the repair guys come out four times for those handles and ended up replacing a whole front piece of the refrigerator. The freezer is the one that we got to pull right from the middle. If we pull from the side, it screws it up. We were pulling it right and it just came out. Their staff didn’t give us any hassle. In fact, the last time the handle pulled of, it was past the one year but they always call someone to come out and fix it which we really appreciate. They kept doing whatever it took to get it right. The last guy that fixed it put some super-duper glue where the screw goes in and since then, everything is good but we had to go through all that rigmarole. Viking needs to work out the handle for this model and make sure when people put it on, it doesn’t dent the surface stainless steel because that takes away the beauty of the whole thing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we bought the house, we requested for Viking appliances. We wanted to get the big 42-inch refrigerator but our realtor failed to tell us at the last minute that they ordered a 36-inch model instead. But even though it's not the model I liked, I love its quality. The aesthetics, as far as the door hinges, doesn’t get in my way. It was well-thought out and well-engineered. I also like the option that the temperature is different in certain compartments. However, I don't like the freezer part. As far as the stovetop, we had a choice in that. We got the eight-burner stove and it is phenomenal. It also has a conventional oven built in. All in all, I like Vikings appliances because I can buy a certain model and it has options that come along with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the warranty better on this Viking refrigerator than I did on the other ones. Since I had a good experience, I'm happy with the product and would buy again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a kitchen full of Vikings and my husband likes them because the appliances are pretty to look at. The old Viking refrigerator we purchased needed a lot of repairs so we went and bought a new one a year ago. The door swings too heavy so it's always a fear of ours that it's going to swing and the latch will get broken. I need to call to see if there's a kit or fix for it but I haven't had any issues. Repairs take awhile because of products but other than that it's fine. If there's an issue I just call into the Viking number and they're able to pass these to someone to help me with repair. I have been fortunate to receive excellent customer service from them.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for sharing your Viking Experience. We are so happy to hear that you have been enjoying your refrigerator.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

My Viking refrigerator has lasted 10 years with three service calls mostly related to small things. It's great looking and it works well. The only complaint I have is the drawers within the refrigerator, such as the crisper drawer, all cracked and will need to be replaced. But they are very expensive to replace.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for letting us know how we can improve, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Continuous failures over three years, and little Viking help. It was a terrible buy. They provided no part support taking as long as 9 months for ice maker parts and 3-5 months for control boards. Local repair knew what to do and was released by Viking because of their knowledge.

Viking Refrigerators

We will have one of our customer care reps contact you to get the unit information. Viking has one of the longest warranties in the business and it may be possible that some parts of this may still be under warranty. Viking carries 6 year parts and labor warranty on the sealed system and then an additional 6-12 year parts only sealed system warranty.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I moved in to my new house a few months ago. Since late June, I have had my Viking refrigerator repaired at least 3 times. Prior to the first repair, I tried calling Viking, and was just referred to a local repair company -- no offer was made to look into warranty issues or anything else. Initially, the thermistors were replaced, but shortly thereafter the freon unit developed a hole, which would require a $2k repair. I acknowledge that the units are about 10 years old, but I would expect more longevity from such a high priced product. Unfortunately, my current setup is a 36" wide refrigerator (which is broken), and a 30 inch freezer that works. Rather than replacing just the refrigerator, I've opted to replace both units with a smaller 48" inch refrigerator. I can't afford the continued maintenance costs of these units.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for letting us know how we can improve. Your feedback is appreciated.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

We've had issues with the refrigerator's installation. The top grill doesn't seem to be straight, it looks out of alignment. We had someone come look at it, but they said that is the way it is. Also, the kick plate looks very unfinished. It has screws showing, that doesn't look very attractive. A little disappointed with the appearance considering the cost.

Viking Refrigerators

Viking is sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the product. If you are having issues that the servicer has not been able to repair please contact our customer care team at 800-241-9152 and select Option 5 and we will be happy to assist.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I am dissatisfied with my Viking Refrigerator. I like its size but its quality is just average. It looks good but it's not durable. I've already had to replace the ice maker after three years. The finish isn't finger proof so I had to clean it nonstop. I have other appliances from them too, like their whole cooking range, two ovens and a dishwasher, and I also got issues with those.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to learn that you have having issues with the new unit. We will have a customer care rep contact you shortly to assist with the door adjustment.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

My refrigerator freezer was delivered defective. I just got a replacement but I am still waiting on parts for it to be adjusted by the repair guy. I had to argue with people at Viking for two to three months for me to say I'm not taking this refrigerator because it's cracked in one of inside framing. The local, regional manager wanted me to caulk it to fix the whole thing. But I said, "Look, I paid $14000 for this freezer refrigerator. I'm not doing that." After three months of just saying no, I'm thankful that I finally got it. It's been frustrating and I hope I can get my part and stuff soon.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Viking is a pretty well-known brand name and I've known of it for some time. The team at the Viking dealer was very good and helpful. The refrigerator that I purchased from them has been very good so far. I like the space and design of it -- it is probably the best.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your refrigerator.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

We got a Viking fridge as it had good reviews and we like the configuration of the doors and the depth. The quality is really great and the vegetable crisper drawer keeps things fresh longer. They've been great at Eastbank appliances where we bought it. It's all have been a good experience, I would do it again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking for counter-depth refrigerator design and there weren't many options out there but Viking has one. On Monday, we actually contacted the store where we purchased the Viking refrigerator to let them know it's having some trouble and to check the temperature because our freezer is over freezing. We adjusted the temperature and it's still over freezing. We have a lot of frost in the freezer. My husband was to get back with the rep after we had adjusted the temperature. They said that they were gonna send someone out and have that checked for us so we'll have to call them back and have them schedule someone.

Viking Refrigerators

Viking is sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your refrigerator. We will have a customer care rep contact you shortly to get the info on the new unit and see how we can assist with getting this taken care of.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

We bought Viking Professional which we thought would have been their best of the best and we’ve not been happy with it. I was really excited about the purchase and it’s been a disappointment. With the first fridge we had, water was pooling. We had three different service guys out, the last one being a Viking service person who couldn’t figure it out. They ended up replacing it, and with the fridge that they replaced it with, the door is not aligned correctly. We’ve had two people out to try to fix that and that has been unsuccessful. After three service calls, a fridge replacement and two additional service calls, six different times I’ve spent the day in the house waiting, we’re done. I would tell anybody else not to purchase it because it’s a lot of money and we’re settling because I’m truthfully just tired of it. I wouldn’t purchase another one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We did a lot of comparisons on refrigerators and one of the reasons we went with a particular unit from Viking was because the store gave us a great price on it. It was the best product for the best price though not the cheapest. The dealers made me feel like they knew what they were talking about, but they probably could have known more. Their delivery and installation team was awesome. Even though they crimped the line by accident, it was something that nobody could have foreseen happening. They took great care of the unit when they were installing it and knew exactly what they were doing as far as where the outlet and water line needed to be and what it was going to take. They were very precise and did a very good job.

Overall, it's a good fridge but it could be improved in a number of areas like the design perspective. The cover that goes over the icemaker doesn't make sense the way that it's pulled. If you keep trying to pull it up, it rips one of the pegs out of the side when it could go up all the way or just slide forward out and that would solve the problem. It annoyed the crap out of me the first time I got it. Because of the crimping that the installers did when the fridge was originally hooked it up, there wasn't any water coming through. I was trying to make sure that the ice maker was running and making ice so I kept lifting the cover. That aside, I like my refrigerator and I'm very excited about it. It looks nice and I love that it has a filter for the water and the ice.

My battle with my Viking product began 8 yrs ago. We bought a new with new appliances. All Viking. Living 8 yrs with this refrigerator has been like living in the 1800's. We have had our ice maker break 3 times. Hinges break. But the biggest problem is the food staying fresh. Mainly because the only choice in cooling for this refrigerator is Lukewarm and rotten food or your eggs yogurt and all food frozen. I am writing this once again because I own a very expensive refrigerator and without and help this company has not recalled this lemon of a product. The frustration level is so bad I had to take to Facebook last time I sought out help for this problem. I then made friends with people in Vancouver Colorado and Brazil all whom had the same problems and the company took back their refrigerator. They sent me repair man and blocked me from their social media. But I still continue to have Massive problems with this refrigerator.

Ice maker once again broken. Broken shelving and cooling problems begin to plague me once again. Imagine your danger comes home from college has surgery before the holidays and you take out the large tub of yogurt frozen solid. You like to drink cranberry juice frozen solid. Take something off a different shelf moldy. It is almost impossible to deal so I go buy a garage refrigerator to try to survive the holidays. I will never purchase a Viking product again and when I'm in store I do walk up to complete strangers and tell them to run from this product. It saddens me because I would love to support a company made in the USA. I just would like a company to stand by this and make good.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for sharing your experience and letting us know how we can improve. Your feed back is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

We've had several visits already for the fridge that we bought from Viking even though it's still under warranty. Right after it was installed, the ice and water features were not working. They came out a couple of times for that and eventually they figured it out and fixed it. Then more recently, the unit completely died and it turned out to be the board for the inverter was bad. But the thing that's maddening is how long it took for them to come and fix it. The parts were in stock but it took three days to have the order put in and then these can't be shipped fast. We were without a fridge for two weeks.

That to me is a poor customer service. Luckily we had a spare fridge in the garage that we kind of lived out of for two weeks. If somebody's fridge breaks, they should ship that thing via FedEx. They should come, fix it and not screw around. Then just this week, the ice thing was not working. I figured it out when somebody in the house that looks at appliances noticed that where the water is coming out to make the ice is completely frozen. I would think twice buying another Viking.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. Viking strives to keep parts for repair on all of our units. The industry standard for keeping parts for repair is 7 years. Viking tries to keep parts for 10 years. Since you are just inside of the 10 year mark and we were not able to obtain the part for you we did agree to a 50% pro rate off of UMRP pricing. With you having an all freezer that is next to this unit we will extend the offer of a 50% pro rate off of UMRP on this unit also.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I purchased a Viking 36" all fridge and all freezer to match the decor of the kitchen and have had no issues with the fridge until 3 months ago. The bottom evaporator behind the crisper drawer has been leaking onto the bottom of the fridge and onto the floor daily for the past 3 months only to find out after spending much time and money to try and get this matter resolved to be told by Corporate that the replacement part is no longer made and that I could purchase a new unit at 50% discount off of retail. Albeit a nice gesture but not interested in spending $4K plus on a new fridge that won't match the side by side freezer for a defective matter with the unit that the manufacturer has had in the past and doesn't stock the product or part. Something needs to be done that will solve my problem and make me sign the praises of the Viking name but I gut now, it's not working for me!!

Viking Refrigerators

Thank your review. We are truly sorry to learn of the issues encountered. Viking Range will be pleased to fully support any warranty repairs to your Viking appliances in accordance with the terms of the warranties as outlined in the Use & Care manuals.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

We rebuild our house in 2006 and decide to get top quality appliance for kitchen. After 5 years we have problem when warranty was over. Refrigerator was not cooling. We spend $700.00. Few month after icemaker was not working. We call authorize dealer tech. They charge $500. Few month after that cold water dispenser is not working. After couple of year again all same problem. Now in 2016 again same it was not cooling. Water dispenser is not working one after other. So far we spend @ $2500 for repair. It is not worth to spend $6000 to buy this build in 48 inch refrigerator. We have another GE refrigerator for 20 years no problem at all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a Viking for a dozen years, and I wanted to fill the space where it came out, so I got another Viking refrigerator that is about the same model to fit back into the built-in site. The people at the Viking dealer were very professional and knowledgeable. My experience of getting a new one, getting it put in, and getting it working was about as painless as it could have been given that the people who came out to do it have to come up to a condominium setting in downtown San Francisco which is not trivial.

This particular Viking fits my needs because of the space I have to put in. I like its size and how it looks. It's a good size refrigerator, it's narrow, and the width of it is 24 inches out so it doesn't stick out in the room. It does a good job. The first one should have lasted longer than it did. I had three major repairs in the last three years of it. I hope this next one would last longer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've known about Viking for many years and they are of upper level quality in the market. In fact, I just remodeled the whole kitchen with Viking products. However, the refrigerator’s got a couple of problems that we need to have fixed but I can’t get service here in our area. Vikings is working on trying to get service set up but I've been waiting about two weeks now for it. The same goes with the dishwasher. It had a little leak in it and they’ve got a service call set up for that but the people are not responding. The three repair people who were doing the Viking warranty work do not do it anymore and the closest ones in the Cincinnati area are about 30 miles away but they got a 20-mile limit. Vikings will probably come through with the warranty but it’s a slow process right now. And having bought the refrigerator, the dishwasher, the cooktop, the vent system, etc., I am expecting a little more. Nevertheless, I would recommend the products.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. Viking is truly sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your two units. We will have a customer care representative contact you shortly to set get you set up with an authorized servicer for repair.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I wanted a red refrigerator and we found one from Viking Refrigeration. Our decorator also told me that this was the largest refrigerator and freezer and they had good reviews. However, I'm not real happy with it. We've been in the house for a while and I'm still waiting for the icemaker to work and I'm having a problem with the Viking hood too. Everything else is fine. The refrigerator keeps food cold.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with our refrigerator. We are truly sorry to hear of the issues you have had but greatly appreciate your feedback so we can see how to improve.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

Our fancy refrigerator was replaced 3 times before we had a fully functioning refrigerator. First the doors did not align. Second and third time the ice maker did not work and finally on the third attempt the refrigerator install was completed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I walked into the store and went through different refrigerators but we kept the Viking model. The icemaker is broken and I want it repaired but apart from that, there's nothing I don't like about it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got a Viking Refrigerator primarily because of the name and reputation. But then unfortunately, Vikings' name has suffered in the last few years but hopefully, I won't have any issues with this one. The quality is fine, it's fairly modern and it has nice LED lights. P.C. Richard was the dealer and they were professional and very good about it. The only thing I was a little disappointed is that it didn't have any cold water coming out and I would have expected that for a $3700 appliance. But overall, it's a nice refrigerator and I would recommend it.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for sharing your Viking experience. We appreciate your comments and look forward to getting your service issue taken care of.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

It's been a perfectly pleasant experience with Viking Refrigerators. We bought a D3 refrigerator at Best Buy. It is wonderful. It keeps food cold and the meat door is handy. Then I contacted Viking because of a leak that's developed in our refrigerator. They're going to take care of it, which is good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've owned a built-in Viking refrigerator before. The new home we purchased was a construction and the area was really unusual. They had already picked G.E. Monogram appliances but we heard their refrigerator wasn't good. We wanted a higher end refrigerator and since we had experience with Viking, we ordered one online through AJ Madison. It was a stand-alone and there's not many high-end companies that make a stand alone. We didn't have to pay self-tax and shipping. The refrigerator looks pretty cool and the functions are great. We've been very happy with Viking.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Viking is a good brand. It's made in the USA and we like the look and size of their refrigerators. Ours is working great so far. The temperature control is nice and the doors open and close easily. It's like a French door refrigerator, but they don't hit each other. My sister has a Sub-Zero but its doors would hit each other if they didn't close them the right way. As with ours, the doors seem to be pretty seamless, which is good. However, the freezer in our fridge is like a pull out drawer and if I pull the freezer from one side, it gets off the track a little bit. Sometimes I have to straighten it out and push it back in, which is a little weird. Also, it would be cool if there was a water dispenser inside the fridge, though I'm sure Viking has that on some of their high-end refrigerators. As for the Viking dealer, their team was on-time and they answered all my questions. They were absolutely friendly and respectful as well. It was an easy experience overall.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. Viking takes their customer service very seriously and we are extremely sorry to hear about the delay you encountered.

We have researched the details of your case to ensure this type of experience does not happen in the future

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I've known about Viking forever and I chose them because of the aesthetics of their pieces, their higher quality and that they would last longer. I like the height of the refrigerator I got and the size of the shelf because it's easy to reach everything. However, I had a frustrating incident with their product which I never had with my old crap refrigerator. It appeared that somehow ice had formed in the circulation system between the freezer and the refrigerator, which caused the refrigerator to not be able to cool down. It took many weeks and two different people to come out to try to fix it. There was no sense of urgency. Viking was recommending the first repair company that didn't work on weekends, which was unheard of. Viking also didn't have enough time slots open to serve everyone. The fridge was fixed but there was a runaround in terms of payment and the Viking people didn't seem to know what they were doing.

Viking needs to up its customer service game. They can't charge what they do for a refrigerator and not have 24/7 phone support and people who know what they're doing on the other end. In this day and age, they can't meet the expectations. That's not acceptable for this kind refrigerator at this cost. I could have gotten a better service with Sears or GE. I won't be buying a Viking again and I would go with somebody else just on the customer service experience I've had with them. Overall, the refrigerator is a beautiful product but there is no support for it.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. Viking proudly displays our product on showroom floors so that consumers can peruse the product to see if it meets their design desires. We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the design of the unit.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I'm in the commercial restaurant business as the factory rep for three of the sister companies to Viking which is why I chose them. I dealt directly with the factory, not the dealer and they're knowledgeable and friendly. Their refrigerator looks beautiful, but the design is below the competition. There are several things that need to be reworked on these refrigerators. The drawers are awful and the ice maker is below the volume that I thought it was. The compartment is too small and doesn’t produce enough ice especially with respect to a large refrigerator. I have a refrigerator that costs a tenth of its price and has an ice drawer that is about double the capacity of what this one came with.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Viking is a luxury brand of appliances that became famous for its line of stove ranges. The company sells a wide variety of appliances, including refrigerators, and is based in Greenwood, Mississippi.

• Luxury: Viking offers top-notch, luxury products that use high-quality materials and offer many desirable features, such as icemakers and bottom-drawer freezers.
  • Built-in option: Viking offers customers built-in refrigerator options, which means that customers can customize their refrigerator to match their home.
  • Energy Star: The products that Viking makes are Energy Star rated, which means they efficiently use energy and are better for the environment.
  • Size variety: The company offers refrigerators in a huge range of sizes so the products fit into many homes or commercial establishments.
  • Unique products: Viking offers customers unique products, like beverage centers to keep drinks cool, under counter fridges and refrigerated drawers.
  • Best for Luxury homeowners looking for high-quality appliances, and commercial establishments that want to purchase a refrigerator.

Viking Refrigerators Company Profile