toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we purchased our new home, the Viking product line was used by the builder. The quality of the refrigeration is really good. We have a unit that has the freezer at the bottom and then the upper unit is the refrigeration unit. The double-door unit is really good. It's a definite upgrade from our previous refrigerator in our old home and definitely a lot cheaper and a lot bigger than our previous refrigerator unit.

I had no issues with the dealer. But I noticed that after a year, we got invitations from the deputy on board or the integrated maintenance feature refrigerator to replace a water filter and air filter so I purchased those through the Viking website. We recently had it installed, and it was really easy to do. Viking has very well built quality products. In fact, we have the kitchen full of Viking products. We have a Viking gas stove range as well as a double-oven. We're very satisfied with all of the products.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have owned Viking appliances before like the stovetop and the double oven in my previous home and now in a different home, my Viking refrigerator is doing great. It keeps everything cold and the frozen food frozen and makes ice. We've been well pleased. I had an excellent experience with the Viking dealer, too. I do real estate development work and have used the company Ferguson for a lot of things and they do an excellent job. Their guy is very knowledgeable. He can answer all the questions and was very helpful to make sure that we were fully informed on what we need to be informed on. It was good price and he handled everything perfectly. Viking is high quality, top-of-the-line and a great product to invest in. They did the gas cooktop in a good way for a modern look. Through the years, they kept it looking the way I like it. It's of great quality, too. I had a great experience that's why I'm buying a Viking again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought a high-end condo in Hoboken, New Jersey in 2014 June, it contains the Viking range as well as Viking refrigerator and these are top of the line. The refrigeration quality is fine and the steel finish is my favorite feature. The Viking is an awesome contemporary piece of appliance with very cool looks and good design. I'm satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were limited with space and size and since Viking's one of the ones that fit in it, we decided to choose this brand. We know that it's so good. In fact, we've had Viking in other houses and my mother-in-law also has it in their house in Montana. The quality has been excellent. However, we're having some problems with the ice maker either because of the way it was hooked up or we're not used to it. Also, I like the look of it. So even though we had to go with one of the smaller ones, it's a gorgeous refrigerator and it's doing its job.

I purchased all Viking appliances for my newly remodeled kitchen 2 years ago. I have had to have each of them repaired at least once. I am currently waiting for the fourth service call on the refrigerator. There is only one warranty repair service company in my area and I have to wait at least 2 weeks to get service. The dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave and 6 burner dual fuel range are not worth the money I spent. I would absolutely not recommend Viking appliances to anyone. I am very concerned what they will cost to repair when the warranties expire. I would strongly suggest potential consumers to look for an alternative product unless you enjoy waiting for repair service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. We deeply apologize for the issues you had with this unit and that we are having to exchange it out thru the warranty. Viking strives to manufacture products of the highest quality. Unfortunately, in spite of all the precaution taken to ensure the reliability of our products, occasional failures may occur.

Original review: March 16, 2017

I've had my brand new Viking refrigerator since September 8 and it has been a lemon. It’s the third icemaker that’s been gone into it. The doors were supposed to come and before they could, the inside of the doors just started falling out of it. I had no icemaker during Thanksgiving and Christmas. They put one in one week and immediately it went before Christmas day. We've been waiting and waiting and waiting, and a new icemaker came yesterday. And after 2 months, the icemaker decided to start working.

This is a very sick refrigerator. I had a Sub-Zero refrigerator before and it was wonderful. But on my Viking refrigerator, every time I close the door, it dumps ice on the floor. The repairman said yesterday “Well, all refrigerators do that.” But my Sub-Zero didn’t. I was led to believe that Viking was a better appliance than the Wolf packages, but it's not. I am very disappointed in what I thought was gonna be a very good product. And another thing was I've had to ask for books to operate it. I called and told them I didn’t get any manual to work with me. They told me I can go online and print it out but it was 30 pages to print out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we moved to the house, my wife did all the legwork, the research and the comparison with other refrigerator brands. She was looking to get something that was with stainless steel doors because we had one of those before and we really like the look overall and it was going to match the rest of the kitchen. We had a different refrigerator brand before where one side of the door was the refrigerator and the other side was the freezer. My wife wanted a refrigerator with compartments up on the top and the freezer section on the bottom and she decided that the Viking Refrigerator was the best product for what we needed.

We use the top part of the refrigerator the most. The only thing that we noticed was that sometimes the top section of the freezer door gets foggy. When the ice tray was full, we stopped using it and we noticed some condensation right around the top section of the door to the freezer and the top of the stainless steel section. Otherwise, the refrigerator is good. We got a product that's delivering what we were looking for. We're overall satisfied.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for sharing your Viking experience. We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your refrigerator.

Original review: March 14, 2017

We've had our Viking Refrigerator running for about a month and a half now and we love it. The dealer had an excellent display of the various Viking appliances that was really most helpful to us. We bought the double-door model and I really like it. It's working very well, has no issues, nice and quiet, all the compartments are useful, and it's pretty. We love the way it's lined up and I love the freezer on the bottom because that means my head doesn't bump at the handle if the freezer was on top.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Viking refrigerator is awesome but the ice machine is not. It doesn't work, it's intermittent, and it's been a little bit frustrating. I finally got everything registered. We had a handyman look at the ice machine and couldn't fix it so we need to get Viking out to fix it. Viking Refrigerator is a beautiful piece of equipment but there are still some kinks that need to be worked out. Overall, we really like it. It's easy to get everything out and clean it.

Viking Refrigerators

We are truly sorry to hear of the issues that you have had with your refrigerator. Viking makes every effort to manufacture products of the highest quality. Unfortunately after 2 1/2 years you did have a sealed system issue and while this is an uncommon issue it is not unheard of and we were able to correct thru the warranty.

Original review: March 11, 2017

The refrigerator was not working for over two weeks (totally dead - no cooling in the freezer and the main refrigerator compartment) while Viking and its local repair service went back and forth on resolving the subject. It was quickly apparent that Viking keeps an arms length distance from such issues. Also apparent is that the local repair does not keep Viking parts in their inventory for repair purposes. Repairman said the refrigerator was shipped from the factory with improper soldering of tubes. After several visits and re-soldering of tubes, the refrigerator again worked. However the repairman said if unit stops working again that is could no longer be repaired - in other words, a dead inoperable appliance. Top dollar was paid for an appliance which at the end of the day was of shoddy quality, and not properly addressed by Viking under its own warranty. Inexcusable.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. We will have a Viking Customer Care rep contact you shortly to get your information and see how we can assist. As always if you have any warranty issues please feel free to contact us at 1-800-241-9152 Option #5

Original review: March 5, 2017

Best Buy didn't showcase the Viking more so than a GE or Frigidaire. It was whatever the customer’s preference was. They didn’t say one-upmanship over the other and the reason why one would be better than the other. But, I liked the look of Viking Refrigerators. I had it a little over a month now and it's been good. The cost seems fair, although I'm not happy right now. I am trying to contact the Viking rep because it was missing three of the inside doors. Not the doors where you put the milk inside but the bins that hook on the inside of the door.

I've contacted Best Buy and they said that they have called the Viking rep but the rep hasn't returned their calls yet. Best Buy said that they had to go through the Viking rep because they were simply missing when we got the unit and I'm not sure if they disappeared. It was funny because when I bought the ref, they said that the bins should be in any day now and that was the end of January. It's now the middle of March and the bins themselves shouldn't take that long to order or to get installed. So, if I had my three bins where the milk and the juice fit into, it would be perfect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Viking refrigerator was part of the house that I bought, and so far it's great. It's got modular shelving which I like. The icemaker in the fridge needed to be dialed in but it’s covered under warranty so that was fine.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your comments. We are so happy to hear you are happy with your Viking refrigerator.

Original review: March 2, 2017

A Viking refrigerator came with the house that I live in and it is old. It's really big and the quality of the refrigeration is fantastic. Although I have had to call for repairs, it's been through a home warranty program. But the fridge worked after the repairs.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A buddy of mine who has called me told me about Viking Refrigeration and I said that I would get it too. My refrigerator is working great and my favorite feature is the internal water dispenser found on the door. Then for the dishwasher, I had to call the Viking dealer for repair. They came and repaired it under the warranty and kept me up to date on getting the part. It has been an excellent experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Viking Refrigerator just got installed in November. At first, it wasn't cooling like it needs to be so I had to put it all the way down to 33. Nevertheless, I like that it will beep when I don't close the door. Overall, they're good and I like them. I just got to get used to it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our Viking refrigerator has been excellent. Other refrigerators are so deep that sometimes you cannot see what's in the back of the refrigerator, but ours is wide and shallow so you can see everything. However, I have one issue with Viking since I called them and that is on the warranty. They sent someone out and got my refrigerator fixed, but it was surprising that there are some issues with the brand new refrigerators.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for letting us know how we can improve. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

We previously had a Sub-Zero refrigerator and we love it. We had the long handles with the furniture door front on it. My wife wanted to have something that evoked that look. We knew that we did not want to go for Sub-Zero appliances again in this remodel in Florida so we went with the Viking refrigerator because there was a point price differential and it was attractive. Plus, the gas stove was decent, too. However, our problem with the refrigerator has been directed towards the cosmetics.

The skin is just ridiculously thin and every door that we had delivered had dents in it. In the light, you can clearly see the dents and there are also obvious manufacturing issues such as the bottom freezer door. The top lift of it has the same three dings on the upper lift, through every door that we've seen in the same spot, so it's clear that there is something on the assembly line that ticks these door fronts up and moves them along the line. My wife went online and spoke with somebody at the local Viking place down here. The authorized Viking dealer where we bought it and we dealt with has been wonderful and the refrigerator is working fine. But it's just so aggravating to look at the refrigerator and see these little reflections off of dents and it really makes it look like not a quality product.

Factual basis uncertain

My friend told me to not buy a Viking refrigerator and I didn’t listen because I like the look of it. It's a beautiful refrigerator and it was supposed to be the best refrigerator. It doesn't take a lot of electricity and it keeps your produce well. I bought the side by side so I also have the freezer. When I purchase my refrigerator from Pacific Sales, they said it would take three to five weeks to get it. However, it took four months. I was without a kitchen for four months because of them. Then when I got the refrigerator, it started leaking water. So they came four times to try to repair it then they said that I have to wait for a part. I waited for the part for eight months. They came with the part, put it in and of course, it didn't stop leaking.

We decided to get a new refrigerator and when they came over and replaced it, sure enough, the same thing happened with the refrigerator. They sent somebody to put something in the bottom of the fridge, so now I don't see the water but it's there. It's a piece of metal that accumulates the water. When I put my hand in there, it's full of water. Also, when I close the door, it's making a noise. The freezer also had an issue with the ice maker and they had to replace that too. Hopefully, I'm not gonna have an issue in two years when I don't have the warranty anymore. I wouldn't recommend anybody to buy Viking.

In 1208 we had a total kitchen remodel and with retirement approaching this would be a final remodel. I always had my heart set on Viking because I had looked for two years and felt it had all I had dreamed of and was within reach cost wise. Unfortunately I have had numerous heartbreaking and costly repairs. In the time since purchase we have replaced three ice makers, door hinges, door seal, and thermostat and now the control panels need replaced because the freezer goes into defrost in the middle of the night. The first time this happened it shot water out the door and flooded the new floor causing damage to the laminate but we could not get good pictures to prove damage. The repair would have needed a third of the floor replaced. Then because of the defrosting there has been costly loss of food, meat, fruit, and frozen veggies. There has been approximately one thousand dollars spent on repair.

Then with the stove the door hinges broke and had to be replaced and it has never baked as they claim. I don't feel the convection works right. The food has to be continually rotated or it burns and the service people have checked and said everything was in spec. Doubtful. Last but not least the dishwasher was not cleaning properly and had to have a valve replaced. I can't believe that I'm the only one with such experience and with the supposed reputation that Viking has. Something needs to be done about such poor manufacturing and quality. I personally will never recommend Viking to anyone and will quickly point out all the faults I have encountered. What I thought would be a dream come true has been one big nightmare. NEVER VIKING.

Factual basis uncertain

I've bought three refrigerators all at once because it was after Katrina. One was for my son, one was for my daughter, and one was for myself. I also bought the freezer, the ice maker, and the wine cooler. My son had to buy another house and they already had a refrigerator in there so I still have a freezer in the garage. It's not even out of the carton so I'm hoping it will work.

I love my new Viking refrigerator though. It's wonderful and gorgeous. I've had a couple of little issues with it, but they were rapidly fixed. The heater wasn't working, and so the water was going all over the floor, but they fixed that. I wrote to the CEO and they replaced the refrigerator four times. The original plus three others. It was a horrendous thing to go through because I had to empty it out and they had to go through my living room to bring the refrigerator into the kitchen. It was a mess, and that was done three more times.

However, I'm seeing problems with my ice maker and it just sits silently under the counter for the last two and a half years. It was installed in 2007, and between 2007 and 2010, I've had 13 calls on it, and then I just didn't use it anymore. I'm also disappointed in the ice maker in the sense that I had the wine cooler in the same area and I don't want to get another kind of ice maker because I like the looks of both of them side by side. I wish that could be prepared. But they said it'll need a new grid and that would be $1,395 plus labor. So I said, "Forget that." I'm a happy camper with my new refrigerator, but not with the ice maker. I would be giving my overall opinion of perfect if they would fix the ice maker.

Factual basis uncertain

I have a 2008 Viking refrigerator. When it works, it's a little noisy - not overtly, but definitely noticeable when the TV is off. This is not something that I'd expect from a top of the line manufacturer. First, the door was having problems. I looked online and a recall covered it. OK, let's call Viking customer service and get them to ship me the parts. Surprise - they only ship ground. Parts arrived over a month later. This was in December so may be the holiday season didn't help. Again, not something you'd expect from a high end appliance company. If it's a designer brand, I expect prompt service. Next, the freezer stopped working. Well, ok then. So the technician charges me $500 to fix a thermostat. Apparently, he's made the same repair to a dozen refrigerators in my area. Alright, so now everything is good, let's hope it continues for a few years at least. Nope!

In 2 weeks, the freezer didn't work right again. I notice all the ice cream has melted and refrozen but still not hard. The freezer is sitting at 9c when measured with a thermometer. Sigh - take two - threw away all the food. Did I mention that we have a 1 year old and the freezer is used to store baby food and was used to store breast milk that had to be tossed out? To top it off, the technicians that Viking recommends aren't available on short notice. I set an appointment and wait for 2-3 weeks. Great, baby in the house, a very expensive refrigerator that doesn't do something basic that $1000 refrigerators manage to do. So the technician took a look and said the sealed cooling system is leaking through a faulty design.

Apparently there's a pipe in the back of the refrigerator that's sitting at a right angle that gathers condensation. This condensation builds up and corrodes the pipe causing the coolant to leak. So how much is this going to cost me to fix? $2000. Awesome, $2500 to fix basic design flaws. You get properly working, reliable refrigerators for that amount. I'm very strongly considering going for alternative brands. I'm going to contact customer service and check if they'd like to extend their warranty and cover the repairs for something that's a known problem. The technician said there are a dozen homes in my neighborhood that he's seen this exact problem with. Sounds like a general design flaw to me. Hopefully, Viking redeems themselves and covers the cost of repairs including labor and not just some of the parts.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for your review. We will have someone from the dispatch department contact you to assist with getting service out.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

The refrigerator from Viking was nice and I liked it but I'm going through a little problem with it right now. When I pull the white bowl out where the ice is, it sticks and I tried to get someone to come out since last year but nobody has contacted me yet. Nevertheless, I love the price and the product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The new house I bought already had a Viking range and everything else, except for the refrigerator. I then bought a Viking fridge. All is great except with the ice-maker, which is annoying. I've already had to have it replaced. It's a brand new machine, and every time I open up the door, the ice falls down. It is horribly designed. They should have figured it out. The ice machine is not one of those where you put a cup into it. It's just like a normal ice machine where one has to open up the door. So every time I open up the door, the ice falls down the back side and then I can't shut the door until I go down on all fours and pull it out from that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Viking Refrigerator just came with my house and I don't really like it. If it were me, I would not have bought that one. I don't like the fact that I have to open both of the doors just to get something from the long drawer at the bottom. That drives me crazy because we had an old fridge that I didn't have to do that. I also don't understand why it doesn't have water in it. I don't know if that's an option I could have had, but this home did not come with that in it and it's a nice feature.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My designer recommended Viking, and we've already had two problems with it, so it's really not my most favorite product in the world. Some type of sensor froze over and it lacked control. I had to throw all the contents of the refrigerator and freezer twice. It's been repaired now. But it took over a week to get it fixed. I would not buy a Viking again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We ordered the Viking Refrigerator and we're very happy with it. We got it from the Ferguson in Sarasota. The salesman knew what he was selling. I wasn't over-the-top with him but he was okay. What was a little unusual was that they didn't have the stuff in-stock and we had to wait for production and delivery for about a month. The installation was rather annoying too. The guys that delivered it weren't plumbers, so they took out our existing refrigerator, put it in the garage where we wanted it, and left the Viking out in the garage as well because they couldn't install the water element. They had to send somebody back the next day and we were inconvenienced by that. On the other hand, the quality of the refrigeration we received from the Viking seems excellent, so far. Also, I like the looks, the heavy door, the lighting, the way it's organized, and the freezing compartment because of the French door. We'd recommend it to a friend.

Viking Refrigerators

We appreciate your comments and are extremely excited to hear about your great Viking experience.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

Where I live, I don't have natural gas and there were very few of the electric ranges that had the counter drop-in look, and that drew me to Viking. And then, the handles and everything about the refrigerator matched it. The Viking team was great and were there to help. The refrigerator is fine. I'm enjoying the French doors and not having an outside ice maker. When the door to the freezer had been left ajar and there was ice that built up on the side, I had a nice repairman come. Apparently, some of the ice got in but some of the ice got in a slide and I couldn't move the tray and I was afraid to force it. The young and friendly man fixed it and I was very pleased.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've seen Viking Refrigerator all over model homes and we have friends that have it. With Viking's warranty longevity, as well as the amount of time they've been in the industry compared to the other ones we were considering, we chose to go with them. The refrigeration is good quality and we like it. Everything's been great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We want to have high end appliances and our refrigerator choice were between Viking and Wolf. But we felt Viking was more professional grade, so we went with it. Its overall quality was good, but the door was not aligned when they were delivered. So we had to follow up, and they brought a technician through the dealer to readjust the door. I was disappointed about that and I was not 100% satisfied. But in terms of the condition, it's working fine, so I'm good. So far, my experience with them was satisfactory and their product looks dependable.

Viking Refrigerators

Thank you for sharing your Viking experience with us. We are sorry to hear that there was an issue with the unit but we are extremely happy to hear that the process we have in place to uphold our warranty worked and we were able to get this taken care of for you.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Due to their pricing, I purchased a refrigerator from Viking. It works well. It's nice, convenient, and does the job. We had a little issue with it, but it's being fixed under warranty so everything's fine. Viking's service is perfect.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Viking is a luxury brand of appliances that became famous for its line of stove ranges. The company sells a wide variety of appliances, including refrigerators, and is based in Greenwood, Mississippi.

• Luxury: Viking offers top-notch, luxury products that use high-quality materials and offer many desirable features, such as icemakers and bottom-drawer freezers.
  • Built-in option: Viking offers customers built-in refrigerator options, which means that customers can customize their refrigerator to match their home.
  • Energy Star: The products that Viking makes are Energy Star rated, which means they efficiently use energy and are better for the environment.
  • Size variety: The company offers refrigerators in a huge range of sizes so the products fit into many homes or commercial establishments.
  • Unique products: Viking offers customers unique products, like beverage centers to keep drinks cool, under counter fridges and refrigerated drawers.
  • Best for Luxury homeowners looking for high-quality appliances, and commercial establishments that want to purchase a refrigerator.

Viking Refrigerators Company Profile