2. Homeowners
  3. Refrigerators
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.11/5

Viking is a luxury appliance manufacturer that offers high-performance ranges, refrigerators, dishwashers and more. Its fridges are available in a variety of colors, sizes and customizable options, and you can purchase them through local dealers.

Viking Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking Refrigerators?

Original review: June 27, 2020

I liked Viking's reputation and the quality of their products. They were pretty much at the top of our list with the exception of La Cornue. But La Cornue was very out of our budget and Viking was much more reasonably priced compared to them. We ended up getting Viking refrigerator and range as well as their microwave and dishwasher. The whole kitchen is Viking. Their products look great, function great, and you always get a compliment when people come to the kitchen. We got them from P.C. Richard and they were tremendous.

A salesperson there named John was fantastic. He took us by the hand and walked us through the entire process of picking out the appliances and what was going to fit as well as what was gonna meet our needs. He was a huge part of us going with the full package with Viking. He kept on insisting that it's the best and said that he has it in his own kitchen. We also had to contact him at a later date because we ended up needing a trim kit for the microwave. We didn't think we needed that at the beginning and he took care of it over the phone very quickly. Then he had it sent straight to the house. That was installed recently and it worked out beautifully. I've kept my relationship with John, too. I've sent him quite a bit of business and I'll continue to do so.

So far, our Viking range has fantastic quality. You feel it on the door, the burners, and the handles. It works quite well and we are very happy with it. It's our first time owning any Viking product, but I've had experience with them before throughout the restaurant industry, being in that field. But we were almost positive that that's the way we were going. My mother also got a Viking refrigerator from P.C. Richard and she's getting the dishwasher as well. They're not in the market for a stove, but after my father saw mine, he loved the size of it. When you pull that door open, it's like pulling the bank vault door, so to speak. You could see it's so well made. We recently redid the whole house and we have a brand-new kitchen. We did it all in brick with white tile behind the stove and it looks amazing. It could go in a Viking catalog and we're very proud of it. I wholeheartedly would recommend Viking products and their reputation speaks for itself.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2020

We remodeled our kitchen and I got all Viking appliances. We wanted a higher-end brand and I knew Viking was considered in the top-of-the-line tier. It was between Viking and Sub-Zero but Viking had a special – the dishwasher was free. Overall, I’m happy with the quality. There are just a couple of things that bothered me. The fridge had deep scratches in it and we hadn’t made them but I didn’t notice until the 30 or 90 days so they wouldn’t do anything about that. Also, two months into it, the fridge light went out. The freezer light also went out. I was just really worried about what would happen once we were out of warranty. I told them to come and change it right then. They extended the warranty for three months but there have been some issues that cause me to worry. It would give me more peace of mind to have more of a warranty. I would've preferred a whole year added onto that.

The produce drawers are at the bottom and although I don’t have my drawers overloaded, they can get full and I can see they get off-kilter because there are these weird short tracks that move that the drawers hang on to. So it’s a little bit hard because you gotta take the thing apart to clean it, at least with the way my kitchen is set up. I’m sure there’s a purpose for that but I think it shifts and then my drawer falls. I wouldn’t be surprised if they came up with a slightly different design.

On the other hand, there’s a lot that I really love. Everything is a lot more visible with this and one of the reasons I liked the single door was for the big, wide area to put things like a pizza or a party tray. So that really comes in handy. I also like that on the door of the fridge, this one has metal railing, which I like way better than plastic. That’s what my last refrigerator had. I also love the pull-out freezer. I love that there’s a little tray basket top. That did have an issue where it rusted for some reason but they changed it out for me so it’s good. I appreciated that.

Original review: May 23, 2020

We have Viking products throughout the house. All of our icemakers, double ovens, cook-tops, everything, are Viking. We had quite a few problems. We had two units that had icemaker problems back-to-back and it turned out that it was a hose up in the thing that was not connected properly from the factory. Also, we had one that went out. It wasn’t cooling.

Executive Appliance's service was good. The first time the guy came, he didn't have the right parts. It happened a couple of times. It happens in construction out here. He had to reorder. They came back out and took care of it, but the clients lost confidence in one of the units that we kept trying to repair. And he just said, “That’s it. It’s defective. I want it out.” So, we got a new one. And then we had two of them, one in the guesthouse and one in the main house butler’s pantry, and right now they're in. They're working great. Once the repairs were made, everything seemed to be fine. Everything has calmed down with the client. I’m not hearing anything.

Viking should check quality control. If it was me, I would do more inspections on how hoses are hooked up and make sure there are no dents on doors because we had one that came dented, and that could happen during shipping. We had to replace one of the doors because it was dented. The other thing was, two units had the same problem with the icemaker where the hoses didn't reach. That’s something that is being overlooked in the factory. I would just tell Viking to make sure the guys on the line are checking the unts a bit more.

We almost lost credibility with our client more than once. About three times, they were absolutely very upset about it and upset with us. Why did we pick Viking? They were less than purchasing these other products. So, some of the stuff does flow on price point. And when this home is all done, it’s probably a 15 to 17-million-dollar home. It’s 28,000 square-feet, so it’s a big home. I don’t know where Viking rates with stuff, but the clients chose this and they probably chose it in the beginning on price point. Now that we’ve gone through the house and seen all the money they’ve spent in all the stuff, they might have thought differently in the early going and might have gone to spending more money on a different product. But the units look good. They're all working, so in my mind, they're good to go.

Original review: April 30, 2020

We already had a major issue with the door, that little hook thing in the bottom. That is a poor design issue. The fact that if you open the fridge a little bit too wide, it cracks that piece. I figure the likelihood that it breaks again is extremely, and it will cost us $350 to resolve it. It's also a death trap issue because if you have a small child then that gigantic door opens up and that thing is broken off and does not protect your child and they get stuck between a counter, which can be a liability. That's completely unacceptable. Fortunately, we were under warranty so Viking covered it at the time. We've also had some of the plastic breaks in the refrigerator already which Viking wouldn't cover even though it was within the first year. For $10,500, that was pretty disappointing.

So now, I'm terrified. Everyone opens the fridge and I'm telling them not to open the door too wide. I have my old LG in the garage that I paid two grand for and it's still working perfectly. When the kids swing its door open and slamming it, it doesn't break off. The only thing we ever had trouble with it was an icemaker. It's a lot smaller. But the Viking fridge looks good.

We also spent $4,500 for a gas stovetop although we had one of the burners not working. They ended up resolving it, but there were these little rubber feet on the bottom that would fall off. Then, as I place the stove down and clean it, I have to scratch the top completely every time. I needed to call and ask them for some of those new feet. I assume it's something very cheap. I just literally have not had time to do so since this COVID and I'm working night and day and teaching my kids.

The other thing is that you have to be so careful in cleaning it. It couldn't be scrubbed with Brillo and so you couldn't get the stuff off. All you have is a dirty stovetop on the burner. That would be interesting. But otherwise, the oven and stovetop work and cook beautifully. We also got a dishwasher. It's great and quiet as a mouse. Sometimes if it didn't have that little red light on, I would never even know it's on so it's wonderful. I love it. Overall, we've been happy. Hopefully, it lasts forever.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for letting us know of your experience. We deeply apologize for all areas of concern. In careful review we're pleased to see the issues have been addressed with the unit being serviced. While we do not anticipate any further service, please reach out to Viking should the need arise. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

We owned a Viking in our previous home, and we are familiar with appliances, so we wanted to have a Viking suite in our new kitchen. We were the happiest with the double oven in our previous place. We had a different model, and the convection ovens were great. So that was our starting appliance, and then we just said that we’ll go with Viking. We thought about Sub-Zero and Wolf but we decided to go with Viking again. We like the size and the look of the refrigerator. In terms performance, everything is fine for now. I’m happy with the way it’s performing. I like the feature that you can control temperature in different compartments in the refrigerator, and there’s ample space in the freezer. The whole suite is the reason that we wanted to incorporate the refrigerator as well. But I would go with a different dealer next time.

We’ve purchased your appliances through Best Buy, and it was a very challenging process because we were given confirmation that all the appliances were in a warehouse. And when they were supposed to be delivered, the refrigerator was missing or it was damaged, and they couldn’t deliver it and the range top also. So it prolonged the contractor and our whole kitchen project. The whole project took several weeks longer than expected because the customer service was just lacking in the store. It was not great.

When the item was delivered, the protective tape was cut in the factory and it scratched the surface of the refrigerator. So there is still a scratch around the Viking sign that they weren’t able to remove. We attempted to exchange it but the new one was even worse, so we decided not to accept it. They should consider changing how they cut the adhesive protector because whatever sharp object they used, it scratched the surface of the door.

It was a great frustration because it took weeks for the replacement. Once it got here, the delivery people showed us the item outside and they said this one had even more visible scratch marks from the way that the blue tape was cut. They said they could replace it but we were gonna be even more unhappy with the new one. But the performance of the refrigerator or how it’s cooling has been fine.

Viking Refrigerators response

Our customers expect the very best and we work hard to ensure those expectations are met. We apologize for the issue you have experienced in the delivery and setup of your new refrigerator. Please contact Viking Customer Care at 888-845-4641 option 3 should the need arise.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

My old Viking fridge was leaking and causing damage to the hardwood floors. Viking offered a 30% discount on a new model and requested a copy of the invoice after I made the purchase. They then changed their mind and offered a 10% refund instead. Still waiting for the check months later. Dishonest and disgraceful customer service.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Bought a 6 yo condo wirth original Viking appliances (refrigerator/freezer and range/oven). Both are lemons. Refrigerator cannot maintain 40 degree temp even after maintenance and condenser fan replacement (also does not accurately measure temps, according to separate thermometer). Oven runs anywhere from 25 to 60 degrees hotter than temp dial setting depending upon the day. Was able to fix constant ignition clicking in range burners but not easily. We are now looking at need to buy new high end appliances. You can bet they will not be Viking. Highly recommend avoiding this brand.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

I remodeled my kitchen in 2018 and purchased all Viking appliances. Less than 2 years later I already have problems with the dishwasher (the detergent door doesn't open during the wash cycle), the freezer stopped making ice and the door to my steam oven spontaneously shattered when I opened it. I know this sounds crazy but it is absolutely true. I was opening the door, heard a pop and all of a sudden the glass started shattering.

When I contacted Viking I was told my appliances were out of warranty. They only warranty them a year but who expects these expensive, high end appliances to start having problems so soon? My old (non-high end) appliances lasted 20 years! I never once had a problem. What's most upsetting is Vikings attitude. I thought I was purchasing high quality appliances from a reputable company but that's not the way I feel anymore. Their customer service is terrible. They are slow to respond to emails and phone calls and truly don't seem interested in helping their customers or standing by their product.

I had one service company they recommended come and leave with out fixing anything. The service tech said I should just put the detergent pod in the utensil holder and he glanced at the ice maker, said there was an ice cube stuck and declared it fixed. So here I am, a month later with nothing resolved. My biggest regret is not researching. Before you buy: research, get recommendations from friends, visit different appliance stores and talk to the sales people. And read reviews on web sites other than the brands site. I noticed Viking has no negative reviews on their site.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

My 11 year old Viking fridge door fell off 3 weeks ago. It caused damages to my hardwood floors, my quartz counters and some millwork. Not to mention it took 4 hours for me and my son to clean up all the glass and everything that was in the shelves of the door. I called viking - they told me that there was a recall. I never received any paperwork, phone call or anything regarding a recall. They then sent a repair company to fix the door. They couldn't fix it and suggested we get a new fridge. Someone could have been seriously hurt. But they don't seem to care!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Everything's been great with my Viking refrigerator.

Viking Refrigerators author review by ConsumerAffairs

Viking is a luxury brand of appliances that became famous for its line of stove ranges. The company sells a wide variety of appliances, including refrigerators, and is based in Greenwood, Mississippi.

• Luxury: Viking offers top-notch, luxury products that use high-quality materials and offer many desirable features, such as icemakers and bottom-drawer freezers.

• Built-in option: Viking offers customers built-in refrigerator options, which means that customers can customize their refrigerator to match their home.

• Energy Star: The products that Viking makes are Energy Star rated, which means they efficiently use energy and are better for the environment.

• Size variety: The company offers refrigerators in a huge range of sizes so the products fit into many homes or commercial establishments.

• Unique products: Viking offers customers unique products, like beverage centers to keep drinks cool, under counter fridges and refrigerated drawers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team