Call toll free
3.64/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized for their exceptional products, Viking provides free standing ranges, range tops, ovens, refrigeration of all kinds, and much more. They have re-engineered their products and they are better than ever. You can now own these products that were previously available only in commercial kitchens. Since partnering with The Middleby Corporation over two years ago, they’ve shifted their culture to ensure their products, quality, and service are the best out there. With numerous products to choose from, you’ll find exactly what you’ve been looking for.

Viking Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

853 Viking Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We were looking for a counter depth refrigerator, and the Viking refrigerator was one of the few ones that we liked. It works really well and we like its design. It gets the food really cold. I like the lighting there and the construction of it. However, the dealer we bought it from was horrible. I bought from the dealer Viking appliances including a refrigerator, range, dishwasher, and a microwave. When they first brought the refrigerator over, they didn’t have a truck that has a ramp to take it off from the truck. What they ended up doing was they had to open up the fridge in the truck, had to lay it on its side, and slid it on the floor. They had three people struggling, carrying it into the house without its box. I was to the point of just livid. Fortunately, they didn’t scratch anything because I was standing there right next to them making sure nothing happened. I could have picked a better dealer despite them giving me free installation.

I have a printout of the fridge so that we know where to put the electrical outlet as well as the water outlet. But in the case of the range, there wasn’t really a cutout. All we knew was that it has a 30-inch width so when it arrived, it couldn’t fit into the wall because the gas outlet in the wall was right in the middle. We remodeled the entire kitchen and nobody explained it to me when I was in the showroom that we could have reconfigured everything to make sure that the appliances actually fit there. Also in the dishwasher, there was a piece at the bottom that keeps falling off. It's kinda weird and I’m not sure what to do with it. However, the appliances were great, overall. I’m very satisfied with the Viking brand. It looks great. I have people come by and everybody’s awed by the overall look of it. It’s just beautiful.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Viking Refrigerator is a higher end product. It’s a good appliance. There was a slight beneficial discount for the Viking at the time we purchased it even though it was more money than some other appliances. I haven’t had a problem with it other than a drawer breaking, and they sent us a replacement. I called Viking and they said to make sure the appliances are registered. So, they registered, and once they were registered, they were gonna send somebody out. I couldn’t believe they were gonna do that. When they realized it was just a drawer, they just sent the drawer. The process was easy. I like all the features of the refrigerator. One feature is kinda interesting. They made it so you can put a full-sized pizza on the bottom of it, which is pretty cool because you always have a problem with the box of the pizza. Also, the dealer, Pacific Appliances at Best Buy was great.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I used to have a KitchenAid but it didn’t work out as we wanted and when I went to the store, the guys recommended Viking. The fridge is really great. It works well and it is what we were expecting. The size fits perfectly too. It's what we needed. On top of that, the way the shelves are made works a lot better than the other one that we used to have. The wife’s happy so I’m happy.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I wanted a matching kitchen and since I wanted a Viking Range, I wanted everything else Viking. It was bought for a house that is currently being built and the refrigerator is basic as far as features go. I just have to keep my food cold and so far, the quality seems great. Also, the people that I bought it from were awesome. I’d recommend it.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

A friend of ours recommended Viking Refrigerators and my husband looked at everything online and read the reviews. We purchased everything online and it went well. Everything was like how they told us. Plus, everything was here on time. The refrigerator had a lot of space, which was the one thing I was looking for. Plus, the separations are perfect. I’m really happy with what I got.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I had seen some Viking refrigerators in friends’ houses and I like the aesthetic. I got my own Viking refrigerator and we got it from Abt in Chicago. While we had a run-in with Abt towards the end in regards to how they went about declaring undeclared costs, it has nothing to do with Viking. Still, the refrigerator is expensive so it better be good quality. My favorite feature is its capacity. We have a small issue with the icemaker but Viking had been quite responsive in getting somebody out to repair it. Overall, the Viking refrigerator has been great.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I already had a Viking oven so I wanted the appliances to match. I like the way the refrigerator looks and so far, the quality is good. The people I dealt with in sales didn’t have all the information I needed but they were fine. It was just because I had researched it and I knew a lot more about the fridge than they did. That aside, I would advise others to make sure their measurements are right when looking into Viking refrigerators.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We bought a home and we could afford to remodel. We did our due diligence and shopped around. We went to some higher-end appliance stores and at the end of the day, we thought that the Viking refrigerator would fit our budget. We liked it and Viking had a reputation. We had a couple of hurdles that we had to clear to get everything delivered. But Viking was really great. The dealer was an online outfit but they were responsive. We got our stuff and it was good. The quality of the refrigerator is really good too. We like how it works and how it performs. We're happy customers.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We wanted to redo our kitchen and we’ve known Viking for years. My husband wanted them and Viking was the only one who had the French Oven Doors which I wanted. I have used the oven, the refrigerator, the microwave and the ice maker. Our other refrigerator was so deep that you were constantly digging for stuff. The Viking ref is less deep, tall and I can see what’s there when I open the door. We bought it in Best Buy since we live in Hawaii and we were very limited on where we could go for certain things. It did not go well because it took us four hours to order when we already had all the model numbers. They worked with us but it wasn’t a pleasant experience. Nevertheless, we've been really pleased with what we've got and we’re happy.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

When we moved into this house, it already had Viking appliances in it and nothing else would fit. The lady who lived in this house before told me not to get Viking products, but we had to go with Viking and we were stuck with them because of the way that the house was designed. With Viking per se, there has been no problem with the quality of their products and the way that we've been treated, but our experience with the distributor has not been good. Our experience with the whole process of getting the specific appliances that we needed and getting them installed has been anything but good.

We got all the products that we purchased, except one. Although it has been a few months since we made our purchase, we are still waiting for one of the products to be shipped. We were told by Milcarsky's Appliance Centre that we were going to get the exhaust fan that would be put above the range and this was approved by the Viking vice president for this region. But whenever we called Milcarsky's, they were always telling us that they were still waiting for the mounting bracket and I don’t know how long that would take. So, our experience with the delivery was not good.

It also took us an extreme amount of time to get our Viking refrigerator installed and it was a very difficult installation. Then, after the installation, we had to make a service call because the fan in the freezer was not working and there was a lot of water collecting. The people who installed the ref didn’t know how to put it in and if we had not made that service call, something would have happened to the freezer. Nevertheless, our Viking appliances have been working well so far, but they're very new and it’s too soon to tell if they will last.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

We got the dishwasher, the microwave, the fridge, the stove, and the stove top from Viking. We got it all, so it all matches and we liked all the appliances. We checked all the warranties and we also took out an extended warranty on the refrigerator. I understand that Viking is making the refrigerators here in the United States, which may help prevent some of the breakdowns that we read online. The dealer was great and he knew the product very well. However, my wife's complaining because the refrigerator doesn't look like it makes enough ice. We had somebody come out there, but I would have to have someone else come out.

When we had the Viking installed, the guys from Best Buy were supposed to install and make sure it was put in right. However, the cabinet wasn't quite done. When they came back out, they wouldn't mount it up to the wall and I had to do it myself. They wouldn't mount the fridge in and they had no tools to do it either. As a matter of fact, I was redoing my kitchen and the designer for the house couldn't believe the guy said that. They left the fridge there, so we had to put it there. But overall, our experience with Viking was fine. They called and they came out, and all the appliances work. I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

The construction manager who helped us through the renovation recommended Viking and I was familiar with the company itself. As a profession, I have dealt with them professionally for hotels and restaurants. I knew the brand and the quality has been very good. However, I have issues with the dishwasher because it takes two hours to do what a normal one does. Also, the keyboard is not customer-friendly. There are a lot of buttons to push and usually, it takes a while for it to get to the program it needs to be washed. On the other hand, I love the refrigerator, oven and microwave. I wish the ice maker is larger but everything I have is good and I just have to master using the dish machine. The Viking dealer did a great job. They walked me through, helped me to get a credit line and delivered when they said they were gonna do it, so I was very pleased with them I appreciate everything Viking has done and I will recommend them to friends.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

We like the quality and commercial grade of Viking products. Recently we had some of their products installed. Their sales associate was phenomenal and communicated with us. However, the delivery was a little scary. I don't think they were really prepared or maybe they were not that experienced. The process seemed like trial-and-error more instead of them acting like they have done things before. Still, we've felt that what we got is well built. Currently, we have a problem with a door and a drawer which are issues right from delivery that haven't been resolved. Nevertheless, I'm sure they will be.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

It was fantastic when my husband and I went over to the showroom. We looked at a bunch of different options and picked a Viking refrigerator. It is a counter-depth but it actually seems bigger inside than we thought it was going to. It’s great and we love it.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

We bought a new house and Viking appliances came with it. One of those appliances was a refrigerator and I've found that the layout and functioning bit of it has been fine. It's of good quality and it has nice hardy doors. However, I have two issues with the freezer that will make me not wanna buy that product again. First, when I open up the door at the bottom where the ice maker slides out, the whole drawer comes out with it because of the magnets at the front. If the icebox is full, the little metal arm thing that comes down knocks all the ice off. Ice goes all over the floor and the back of the freezer and that's a major pain. We have hardwood floors and so when the ice falls on it, we can't feel like we can just leave it.

Another issue I have is that when the pump turns on to pump water into the ice machine. It’s super loud, like really loud. You can hear it across the whole house. While we can tell it’s filling, all the other pumps we've ever had for other houses that we've owned have been super quiet. We couldn't even hear the water running. I will not buy that particular model again because of these two issues. Nevertheless, the freezer keeps things cold and it works really well. I think it’s a good quality product but the ice maker and water pump are poorly designed.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

When selecting our refrigerator, we went on Viking's reputation. Also, my husband's in interior design and that was also part of the reason why we chose Viking as opposed to a GE product, which we have at another house. However, we are a little disappointed with Viking. We’ve had the refrigerator for less than a year and all this stuff started happening right around a month’s time. We were having problems with the ice maker and when I called Viking repair service, they put in a service call. Somebody came out but didn’t really do anything other than change the ice maker. He said that it should be working within 24 hours but it still is not. They came for a second service call after that.

The contractor's follow-up was not up to what I think Viking would expect from their name though. I've had to follow up twice with the service repair people to find out what was going on with my refrigerator. They have been telling me that they needed to order another ice maker and a different part but based on the recent weather in the Southeast, it was being delayed.

There are also other things that I have to have the repair person look at. We have a bottom refrigerator and the door clicks every time we hold the door open. Other than that, I had received a part that is supposed to be on one of the doors so that you can have butter or whatever else you want to use in a climate-controlled environment. But it doesn’t fit in there and nobody that I’ve called at Viking has been able to give me an answer on how to have it fit. But other than that, we like the refrigerator, me probably more so than my husband.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I like the reputation of Viking. I purchased a refrigerator-freezer from them but then it came without the leveling package at the bottom. Furthermore, it doesn't make ice and it makes a weird “boing” noise when I open the freezer door. Also, the door on the freezer got scratched when the men came to put my cabinets in. That’s being replaced under the 90-day cosmetic warranty. But in the meantime, I asked them to put the grill on the front of the refrigerator down at the bottom. However, the guy who was installing the cabinet said that he couldn't because my leveling package isn't there. Their techs are coming out to put it in, and that’s gonna be quite an ordeal ‘cause it’s gonna take three men to stand it on its side and put it the leveling package. Also, I'm not happy with this issue because I’m gonna have to sign a waiver telling them I won’t sue them if my floor gets damaged.

Furthermore, the people who are dealing with the warranty issue regarding the door and the leveling package kept asking me who delivered my refrigerator. So, the people who delivered it to me knew that the leveling package wasn't there and didn't say a word to me. I wouldn't have known had I not had cabinets built around the refrigerator. Nevertheless, the refrigerator-freezer works very well, except with not making ice.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

We liked the looks of our Viking refrigerator. The exterior is very nice. The drawers are cheap for the overall quality of built. But other than that, we’re satisfied. We bought our Viking at a place we know and we had a very nice experience.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I prefer Viking and I love the way it is. It’s tall and I love the LED lights. At this moment though, there’s a sound like something is hitting on top of it. It sounds really weird and it drives me crazy at night because it’s really loud. I wanted someone to help me fix it but I’m unable to find someone. I called Viking and they can’t help me. They said that if I have a warranty with the dealer, Best Buy, I would be able to get that warranty with them instead of Viking. I got the factory warranty and I pay for an extra warranty from Best Buy but at the time I asked for the factory warranty, they said that they are unable to help me because the warranty was expired. Other than that, the Viking ref has been working great.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

My beautiful Viking refrigerator with freezer on the bottom was not quite three years old when the freezer section starting to build up ice to the point where I could not open the freezer door. Luckily it was still under warranty and the repairman installed a heater probe kit to keep ice from forming. Not quite one year later the problem occurred again. The repairman came and repaired it. Now we are 35 days later and the problem has occurred again. Viking’s solution is to install a new heater kit. That’s a total of three times in 14 months. I asked Viking if they could help with this latest service charge but they said ‘no’ because it is no longer under warranty. I think if people are having this problem repeatedly they should either find a remedy or replace the refrigerators. I think Viking should stick to ranges.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for your message. We have reviewed your complaint and see where you did speak with one of our customer support reps. Our rep requested that you send your out of warranty service tickets for review. Once we have received these tickets we can make a determination if there is anything that we can assist with out of warranty.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I've always heard that Viking Refrigerators were top-of-the-line. I looked at brands like Samsung but they were kinda new in the market and we preferred going with someone who has been doing it for a while. We have never really gone top-of-the-top but we were doing a remodel. We went to Pacific Sales and it was very good. We started looking at top quality versus the standard ones that they offered and decided we could spend a little more money. The dishwasher was thrown in for free so, that made it a no-brainer. I called in to get everything registered and the gal who answered the phone was great. She helped me because we had to add some zeros to the model number. She was really good because she gave me a heads up when I was doing the refrigerator and hadn’t done the stove. Calling in to get the service was very good too.

The layout of the refrigerator was really good as well as the warning system. We liked the shelves and the door. We can pull up the grids on the burners of the stove, take the burners out and there’s a little shelf that you can pull out. It’s great and makes it so much easier to clean the stove. It's also easier to cook and I don’t have to worry about the surface top getting dirty. Also, switching to gas from electric made a huge difference. We heard the oven was good quality, but unfortunately, we used it once and the igniter was not working. So, we're waiting for the part and we want to use it.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I went to a place called Ferguson which is like a home builder showroom and I looked at all the different refrigerators. I liked the interior of Viking the most, and the way it looked and the way that it was organized inside very much. That was the deal that sold it. However, when the refrigerator was delivered, they must have dropped it which caused a series of things to go wrong with it. It was replaced right away and we’ve had the one that we have now for two months. It’s working fantastic. I love the layout and the drawers for the meat, cheese and vegetables. It’s so easy to use and I also like the door where you can put a variety of things.

The first time, I talked to the dealer when I registered my product and the second time, since I had an account already, I logged on to that account and registered the second one. We dealt with a third party that was the repair person for Viking and they were very good. They came in from Austin to work on ours. We have the dishwasher too which was a bonus when we bought our refrigerator. I didn’t care for it at all at first because it was very different from an American dishwasher where it dries everything completely because it’s eco-friendly but I understand now how it works. So, I'm really enjoying that too and I love it.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

We absolutely love our new fridge. It's big and we love the layout. The controls work great and all the functions of the fridge are impressive. I highly recommend this fridge to anyone looking for a high-end product for their kitchen.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

After spending almost 10k on a "professional" refrigerator, it failed within 2 years. It then took 10 days for a repair technician to come to the house. I have a garage refrigerator that is still working fine after 20 years. Totally unacceptable. Viking is trash.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I find the Viking refrigerator a steal of a deal. The quality of the refrigerator I received is good. I like its overall look, its aesthetics. The product was still under warranty and I tried to have it serviced because I was having an issue with it. It kept freezing up and then it would have to be defrosted. The service guy that they sent out said it was of a bad design and something that those refrigerators were known for. About a year, they had a bunch of them and it took a while to catch all of them. However, everything got fixed. The customer service has been fine too.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I had always wanted a Viking range and so when I started looking at their stove and range, we just renovated our house and we had to get everything new. So we figured we would get the whole bundle from Viking. So far, so good. We bought our Viking refrigerator through a dealer called AJ Madison and our experience was fine. We dealt with it over the phone, and the rep answered a few questions for me over the phone. We’ve only had our Viking refrigerator for about a month but we like it. It works, and it gets my beer cold.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

We purchased high end appliances for several years for the different homes and construction projects that we’ve had. And though we haven’t purchased a Viking product before, it was always under consideration. We have a Canadian log home and the people that built it had put those contractor grade appliances in, and we wanted to replace them with high end appliances. We decided to go with Viking Professional. This was the first time we’ve purchased a Viking and they had this thing where I could buy a refrigerator and get a dishwasher. However, if we had to do it over again, I don’t think we would purchase the Viking because it's not as good a quality as the Thermador that we’ve had or the Sub-Zero.

I’ve got a column Thermador refrigerator and freezer in our other home and the seal on it is phenomenal. If I shut it and I reopen it right away, I can hardly even open it. The seal is so good. I also have a Frigidaire and sometimes I have a hard time opening it too. The seal is so good as well. The seal on the Viking unit, on the other hand, is not that good. When I opened it today, there was condensation on the outside of it and I had to wipe it off. We didn’t even have our air conditioning on and it was only 77 degrees outside. I do like the lower freezer but for a high end unit, I find that a little disconcerting. I think I needed a service call. There is something wrong and this is brand new. It’s even noisier than my Thermador. My Viking unit is the built-in type but I haven’t gotten the cabinet built around it yet, so I was hoping the unit would be quieter once the cabinet is built.

We bought a Viking Refrigerator, a Viking built-in oven, a Viking microwave and the dishwasher. And I already had to call about the dishwasher because the bottom rack broke. It’s noisy and the top doesn’t glide in and out very well. A Viking representative came out and he said that is pretty much the way the Viking dishwashers work. Every one of them, you have to push really hard to get that top rack in. But my Thermador is not like that, so I would not recommend Viking. I hate to say that because I was really excited about it. When I run my Thermador dishwasher, I never know it’s on. But when I run my Viking dishwasher, I can hear it running. We paid a lot of money for it and I’m not happy with it at all.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

We bought the top-line Viking refrigerator as well as Viking oven and microwave through Best Buy, and Best Buy has been horrible. The communication around the third party that Best Buy uses for installation has all been really poor, and getting my appliances installed was the worst thing ever. First, the built-in $9,000-refrigerator was installed incorrectly. The installers failed to put a kickplate on the bottom of this refrigerator and they probably threw it away. So we had to have someone come out and that took a while. We’re easygoing people and we’re not that tough to deal with. However, I bought that refrigerator in early June and to this day, I don't have the kickplate yet, so that has been frustrating.

Best Buy has a customer service troubleshooter that was assigned to us. That person was really nice but has been lousy on follow-up so we called and left messages. When I finally got a hold of Best Buy’s case manager, he said that Best Buy was told that the manufacturer did not have the kickplate in stock. So I told them that I was gonna call Viking, which I should have done early on. When I called, I spoke with their customer service person who was great and a really nice lady too. I asked her about the kickplate that is missing and she said they had them in stock, which was what I anticipated the whole time. We haven't heard anything back yet, but a company is supposed to call us. Still, Viking is a premium brand and they have been responsive to us and the experience with them has been great.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We moved into our new house less than 4 years ago. All our appliances were brand new from Viking. We had issues from the very beginning with a dishwasher that did not work, range and now the freezer and refrigerator broke. My husband called for service earlier this week but nobody could come until Wednesday next week. Tonight we had to throw out everything from the freezer and refrigerator. I regret that we bought these expensive Viking appliances. I don’t recommend the Viking products due to high price, poor quality and service.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We moved into our new house less than 4 years ago. All our appliances are from Viking and we have had issues with our range, dishwasher and now our refrigerator and freezer broke. We have to throw away all the food in our freezer and in the refrigerator. My husband called for the service earlier this week and nobody could come out until Wednesday next week. I regret that we installed Viking appliances in our house and will never buy a Viking product again. Way too expensive products and poor quality and service. I strongly advise to choose any other brand but Viking.

Viking expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Viking is a luxury brand of appliances that became famous for its line of stove ranges. The company sells a wide variety of appliances, including refrigerators, and is based in Greenwood, Mississippi.

• Luxury: Viking offers top-notch, luxury products that use high-quality materials and offer many desirable features, such as icemakers and bottom-drawer freezers.

• Built-in option: Viking offers customers built-in refrigerator options, which means that customers can customize their refrigerator to match their home.

• Energy Star: The products that Viking makes are Energy Star rated, which means they efficiently use energy and are better for the environment.

• Size variety: The company offers refrigerators in a huge range of sizes so the products fit into many homes or commercial establishments.

• Unique products: Viking offers customers unique products, like beverage centers to keep drinks cool, under counter fridges and refrigerated drawers.

• Best for: Luxury homeowners looking for high-quality appliances, and commercial establishments that want to purchase a refrigerator.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs