2. Homeowners
  3. Refrigerators

3.2/5 (80 ratings)

About Viking Refrigerators

Viking is a luxury appliance manufacturer that offers high-performance ranges, refrigerators, dishwashers and more. Its fridges are available in a variety of colors, sizes and customizable options, and you can purchase them through local dealers.

Pros

• Luxury refrigerators
  • Variety of colors
  • Custom options available

Cons

• Can be expensive

Bottom Line

Viking is a manufacturer of luxury built-in and freestanding fridges with commercial-grade technology. Its appliances are available through a local dealer network, and you can customize them to your kitchen.

Top Viking Refrigerators Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I like the look of my Viking refrigerator and I’m very happy with its performance. It keeps the temperature well and if I keep the door open too long, an alarm sets off...I would ...

Verified

I went with a Viking Refrigerator and I've loved every minute of it so far. I like its sleekness and its look. Plus, all of its components are on the inside of the door when we op...

Viking appliances

Viking is an appliance company that manufactures refrigerators, stovetops, ventilation products and other kitchen appliances. Its refrigerators are luxury models with commercial-grade technology and hardware, and they typically last around 10 years with a variety of warranty coverage. They’re available in a variety of colors and finishes and can be customized to match your kitchen.

Viking fridge features

With fridges ranging from 18 to 48 inches wide, Viking has a refrigeration option for most kitchen spaces. It offers bottom freezer and side-by-side configurations, as well as all-refrigerator and all-freezer models. Some Viking fridges feature water dispensers or Viking’s Plasmacluster ion air purifier, which never degrades, loses capacity or needs replacing. Visit a local showroom or browse its online catalog to see which features are available for each model.

Viking fridge prices

Viking refrigerators are luxury appliances with prices from $3,000 to $10,000. Its professional-grade products, which are built for commercial kitchens and high-end homes, include upgraded features and materials. You can visit a local dealer for a free quote or check out Viking’s appliances in person at showrooms across the country. Often, you can negotiate prices directly with the dealer.

Viking FAQ

How much is a Viking refrigerator?
Viking refrigerators cost between $3,000 and $10,000. Your refrigerator’s size and style will determine its final cost.
Does Viking sell counter-depth refrigerators?
Yes, Viking sells counter-depth refrigerators. For accurate sizing, see product specifications on Viking’s website.
What company makes Viking refrigerators?
Viking Range Corporation manufactures Viking refrigerators from its headquarters in Greenwood, Mississippi. Viking is owned by the Middleby Corporation.
How long do Viking refrigerators last?
Viking refrigerators typically last around 10 years, and they’re typically covered by various limited warranties ranging from one to 12 years.

Is Viking a good brand?

Viking produces well-made luxury appliances with sleek designs and advanced features. Its refrigerators are costly, but with a variety of colors and wood veneers to choose from, you can customize them to match your kitchen. Check out Viking’s fridges in person at a local dealer or request a quote for more information.

Viking Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking Refrigerators?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

The refrigerator appeared to be nicely made, and it had a very nice exterior finish and design. It also had a good price point relative to other built-in fridges and a very nice incentive plan in effect when we made the purchase. I went from a freezer combo to this 42-inch side-by-side refrigerator. I love opening a smaller door whenever I go into the refrigerator. I really like the interior lighting and the space at the very bottom which allows you to put in a full pizza pie or deep-dish thing in there. Even though it's a very shallow fridge, it's got a fairly open spot at the very bottom, which I like a lot. All the bins seem to be very nicely made. I'm pretty happy with the fridge. The only issue I have with the freezer is that the cold air from the freezer compartment coming into the refrigerator comes in at one spot at the top. So things next to that will have a tendency to freeze, especially if something warm is put somewhere else in the fridge.

I bought the Viking refrigerator from Best Buy and they were helpful. They had difficulties in the delivery mostly because of supply shortages and also in terms of getting here in the time frame that my association allows. The biggest issue I had was that they didn't install the refrigerator properly. They never screwed it in. They left about a 3/4-inch gap above the fridge in the cabinets. I went online and figured out how to jack it up, which I did, and leveled it and screwed it in. So all looks great now. But I did most of the installation myself because the guys didn't know how to do it. It didn't bother me that much because I didn't pay a separate installation fee. But it would have been more helpful if they told me the truth that they aren't gonna install it and I should hire someone to do it.

Viking Refrigerators response

Our customers expect the very BEST and we work hard to ensure those expectations are met. Thank you for accepting nothing less; we appreciate you as a valued member of the Viking family.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2021

For my kitchen renovation, my design company that they use, Ferguson's and the chain of them here in the southeast, the only ones they had everything in stock was Viking. And when I purchased the stove, I got a free dishwasher. Headquarters had to call a lot and I had to have people here all the time. They were really concerned. When you open the fridge, the drawer to pull out, which is cold and you can keep cheese and meats in it, I cut my fingers and they were concerned and had headquarters call. And then, the repair people -- everything was free -- coming out all the time from Fort Myers. The guy called it metal burrs that haven't been sanded down. That was quite a worry. They called me from Mississippi. It's very rare and it just wasn't finished. And depending where you place your fingers, you could cut them on metal to open that inside drawer. So, that was a bad experience.

Also, the freezer didn't shut properly and the tech had come out several times. It was the most finite adjustment on something. But I could have lost a couple of hundred bucks worth of food because the alarm kept going off. And he came and fixed it, and an hour and a half later, the alarm went off again. He thought he fixed it. So, it was really challenging for the Morale in Fort Myers to contract repair people with Viking here in this area. That was maddening. And then, the dishwasher, an extra button for quietness fell right off on the floor, and it was a glue problem. The Morale had to come again.

It's free for me under warranty. It just was disconcerting and all the appliances were brand-new. I heard him talk to headquarters and he said, "Yes it's a glue issue." And he said, "No, I can't reuse it. It's covered in labrador fur and cat hair," which as soon as it started to hang out and the labrador would walk against it and it hung down from the bottom. It didn't seem to make much difference in the quietness. It's an incredibly quiet dishwasher anyway. But they had to order a new one, so that took a while, and they had to come back and put that in. That was a surprise, all that happened right away. But everything got fixed and I've been very pleased since. It's a super quiet dishwasher and I like the red light that shines on the floor that shows when it's on.

And then, all the new fridges, all brands, the alarm for the freezer and different ways to adjust the temperature of that meat drawer and the freezer. And then, I like the microwave. It's so nice and simple. There were higher-end ones with the convection fan in the microwave, and I got simplest because I picked over the stove with the vent pan under the microwave. The way my kitchen was designed, it seemed the best route rather than a hood.

The stove is unbelievable. This induction stove is the best thing in the planet. I heard good things about them and everybody I know who's renovating was getting new appliances, and new stoves are getting induction, and we're just in shock about it was the fastest we've ever seen to boil water or cook. So safe, the way the magnetic field isn't hot. The oven is incredibly fast too. It's interesting. You don't have to preheat at all.

The fix-it guy is a surprise too. He was fabulous, a longtime veteran and knows all his Vikings, and he was stunned. He was so puzzled about the freezer not closing. He thought of it truly as a challenge, a puzzle he had to solve. Because when he thought he fixed it, just 90 minutes later, it broke again. So truly, puzzled, and worked on the phone a long time with Viking in Mississippi and tried to solve it. It was the most infinitesimal thing, some tiny adjustment of a gear in the bottom drawer of the freeze. One tiny little gear off compared to the other side and it meant it couldn't close completely, and then it couldn't stay cold.

That was his first time ever had to have that. Also, the button that fell off, he was also puzzled. We couldn't figure out where it fell off from. Just one day, I was just looking, and I'd hardly had the dishwasher, and there it was hanging down the bottom, then it came completely off, and I called him up. When he came, "You sure that came from this?" He figured out where it was, couldn't save the old one or the new one, and it took a while to come. But ever since, things have been okay.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

We went out and looked at a lot of different specialty shops and we were looking for high-end appliances. We came to really enjoy and like the way the Viking refrigerator looked and we decided to purchase one. The quality seems fantastic. We've had one little bump in the road where it wasn't defrosting properly in the freezer and they sent a tech out. Not only was the guy very knowledgeable, but more impressive than anything was that he had the broken parts on his truck. 9 out of 10 times when we ever have somebody come out to fix any appliance, it's always a miracle, no matter what breaks, they never have it on the truck. So this guy knew exactly what he was doing and he was effective. He was in and out in 45 minutes.

But I didn't realize until we got the refrigerator home and the wife and I looked at it that it wasn't quite as deep as we thought it was going to be when we saw it on the showroom, from a standpoint of inside the refrigerator. But maybe they have one of the deeper models. Other than that, it's a beautiful piece of almost like furniture, especially the lighting inside of it, which is fantastic. And it's easy access for everything, so nothing but praise to the unit so far. I have also many times recommended Viking to a friend.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Viking had a large selection, a solid website and competitive pricing. That's why we've chosen to use them. Unfortunately, I regret purchasing from a wholesale applianve store. I understood that because of COVID, the fridge took a very long time to arrive at our house. But from day one, the fridge never even worked. I contacted Appliances Connection and never heard an answer back. So I went through a technician who referred me to the Viking warranty technician in town. He came out and told me that the Viking fridge that I purchased had a manufacture date of somewhere in 2018. This was the fall of 2020 when I got the fridge. He also said that there was damage on the inside of it. He has replaced it and the fridge has been working fine since. But for about 90 days, I had a refrigerator in my kitchen that wouldn't get cold.

I never got in touch with Appliances Connection ever. I had to go out on my own to find out who was the Viking warranty technician in town and that process was very pleasurable. Once I got hold of Viking Corporate, they resolved the issue very easily. Now that the fridge has been fixed by the warranty technician, nothing out of my pocket, everything has been great. Viking, as a company, has done a great job. We're enjoying the fridge and I love it. All the new technology is new and fun to us since my wife and I haven't purchased a new fridge in probably a decade.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I got the tall, 36-inch one-door refrigerator with the drawer-freezer on the bottom. I got three of those. I got one for the basement and two for my kitchen. So, I put them side-by-side. We have a big family, and we buy a lot. The refrigeration’s going okay. After like a month, the one in the basement stopped working. They did set up service. Something was leaking up on top. So, they did schedule somebody to come out, and it took a while to get the part. Then, by the time the tech came out, it was three months later. So, there was no refrigeration usage in the basement. It was kind of a little disappointing that we had to deal with that.

Also, whenever I open that one little drawer where the ice bin is, I always seem to lose ice cubes into the freezer. It shuts itself off, but I don't think it shuts itself off soon enough once it's a bit full, or if the bin is not large enough that ice cubes tend to fall out whenever we open that door. So, that was something I wasn't too crazy about because now I got ice cubes on the bottom of the freezer that I gotta try to get out. I think they're priced high because of these little issues. When you spend so much money, you expect it to be perfect. You don't expect these little things just happen the way they do. I would expect that on a very less expensive refrigerator freezer.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

BUYER BEWARE. They will NEVER replace a product that is brand new and doesn't work, they WILL keep sending repair people and order parts. Fact: Bought a new Viking refrigerator/freezer. Fact: Doors are cracked and freezer doesn't work, refrigerator freezing everything. Fact: Notified retailer, they sent two repair people to appraise, both said it should be replaced. Fact: Third repairperson finally told us what Viking wanted to say, which was "it can be fixed if we replace the doors and thermostats."

Vikings policy is they will NOT take back, even a brand new appliance, if they can replace all of the parts. Problem, parts have been on backorder so we have no freezer for 2 months and our refrigerator freezes our food. Viking did offer us $400 to buy another refrigerator until the parts finally come in. Where are we to put this, and where can I get one for $400 with installation? I have begged, literally, for them to replace it... I didn't ask for our money back, just replace with a quality item... They refused. I was better off with my other brands that were less money. I will NEVER EVER tell anyone to buy Viking. Honestly, it is a horrible situation.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We deeply apologize for all areas of concern. After careful review, this has been forwarded to our escalation team. A team specialist will reach out to you as soon as possible.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

The Viking Refrigerator that I got is great. It's everything I thought it would be. I like the bright lights, being able to change the configuration that it has. I like the more solid material. There is one thing I wish they did have that is not there, and that's a filter for the water that goes to the ice. 'Cause typically the water connections are behind it, and since this is built-in, it's not like a regular fridge where you can pull it out and then change the filter. I had to run a line from my reverse osmosis system to go to the back, even though there's a water connection with the spigot built into my house behind it. But everything else has been great. We're pretty happy with it. It looks great and performs really well.

Viking Refrigerators response

We are certain your days will turn into many years of experiencing the immeasurable quality and service Viking offers through our products. Thank you for being part of the family.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

My Viking 48" refrigerator is plagued with problems. The door spring snapped, the ice maker broke, the water dispenser constantly freezes, and food in the refrigerator freezes even though the temperature is set correctly. Viking is expensive to buy, expensive to repair and are not built with quality in mind! Avoid Viking!

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We apologize for all areas of concern. We are showing a record of servicer assisting in these repairs recently. A representative will contact the service provider and follow up with you regarding your issues.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

When we first got the refrigerator, the bottom of the freezer started filling up with ice. The technician came out. Somehow, in the construction of the refrigerator, all this insulation had been sprayed down the tubes and supposed to drain that stuff out. They replaced the whole refrigerator. But then the bottom of each of the doors of the new refrigerator were all clogged up with the same sort of spray foam insulation. The technician came out again said that the doors needed to be replaced. NOW, I'm going on five months waiting for that. Viking is just waiting for the new doors to be manufactured.

The refrigerator works, but it's not right yet, and I took a five-year extended warranty on it. With this defect, I'm wondering if that five-year extended warranty is going to be extended when I finally get a refrigerator that works properly. I wish it was something that could be resolved in a timely manner. I understand people gotta wait for parts, but I bought the refrigerator at the end of December, and I'm still waiting for it to be fixed.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for taking the time to let Viking know of the issue you have experienced. We will be following up with the service provider to make sure all areas have been addressed and the unit working as it should for you.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I waited over 6 months for delivery of my Viking 48” Refrigerator. The evening after install it started to have a loud grinding sound that ran 24hrs. Even at 6am I can hear it grind from upstairs as I go to the kitchen. Why is it running at 6am when not opened for 12hrs? I called Viking and they sent out a service rep who listened and decided it could be a condenser fan. I questioned if only a fan issue why does it run 24hrs? He said a part would be sent to me directly and I was to call for him to return. It has been six weeks and no contact from Viking or Repairman.

A box arrived today with a flat piece of steel “fan bracket” I called service who asked me to send photo of what I received. They did not tell me what part was ordered and have not yet provided any estimate for repair. I am requesting them to refund or replace this faulty refrigerator and no response from Viking. Very disappointing to pay $12,000 for a noise maker and a manufacturer that does not seem to care. I guess next week I will have to hire an attorney to file a formal claim. Buyer beware!

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for reaching out regarding your Viking refrigerator. We apologize for the issues experienced. A representative from the escalation team will be contacting you regarding an update on this repair.

Viking Refrigerators Company Information