Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Sub-Zero Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sub-Zero Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sub-Zero?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Great big refrigerator for over 13 years. Key for its life is to put and frequently change a 10” by 20” air filter (rating 4) inside top big refrigerator where the compressor is running to minimize overheating and expensive clean up and repair service.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Have had for 21 years. Very good. Not too many problems. Use private person to fix. Much cheaper. Mine is built in, really nice. I have enjoyed it, big nice size freezer room for everything. If I ever need a new one would buy it again.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Excellent commercial grade fridge. Looks more than good enough (stainless steel), to blend in to a home setting. Rock solid performance. Excellent controls and a great freezer section. Model 650, with a bottom freezer. Twelve years on, and not a single issue.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

The food in my refrigerator lasts longer so less waste. I have had many other brands over the years, but this is hands down the best appliance. I love it. It keeps everything cool and the icemaker works well.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Fridge is probably at least 15 years old; excellent in cooling, quiet, attractive, but there is no water filter to change, so don't know if there is one. Ice maker is very clunky, very noisy, spits ice all over the place, have to use bulk ice from inside the fridge; ice maker itself-very difficult to access; difficult to clean coils.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I purchased $25,000 + Refrigerator, range, oven, microwave & dishwasher from Wolf/Sub-Zero & qualified for their rebate program. It was difficult to say the least to register their products that they market but aren’t their line. Hours upon hours on the phone. After numerous run arounds & supposed reissues, I still do not have the promised rebate. Each time they ask me to wait 30 days & then up to 4 weeks for a reissue. It’s pathetic. I’ve moved 15 time in 35 years & have had 2 sub-zero refrigerators. They are no better than Whirlpool or any other brand. (Except GE, they are horrible.)

I believe that SubZero Wolf rests on their history of quality & service which they fail to continue to meet. SubZero refrigerator has only a few options, you have to open the door for water or ice thus using more electricity. They have done little to keep up with the competition on consumer conveniences. Not worth the additional money unless you must. They aren’t who they once were. Their Great American Kitchen Event rebate appears to me to be a scam. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 29, 2021

If you are thinking of buying this product please save your money! We have had the freezer for 2 years and in that period the compressor have been replaced twice, the ice maker is covered in frost, and they couldn’t pinpoint the exact parts that is causing the damage. So since we have reached the two year mark, they said that MAYBE it’s the control board that is actually malfunctioning and causing the compressor to break down and warranty is over so they have to charge us 500 USD for that. I bought this freezer thinking it was built to last but compared to other freezers that I have used this is actually the worst! Please save your money.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

Unit has been down for 2 weeks now. No replacement of food. Very disappointed!!! Called to ask for help but they are not very caring. Guess I made a big purchase and no service after the sale. Hopefully they will get me running soon.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I have a Sub-Zero refrigerator 2 1/2 years old. It stopped working 2 times last year. Now again is not working and the service calls and parts are very expensive. I lost everything inside the refrigerator for the 3rd time. It doesn't worth the price of the Sub-Zero refrigerator vs the quality.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

When we bought the house it has a subzero refrigerator, it was 12 old and we replaced a new compressor and worked another 8 years until February 2017. We want to use other brand due to a new one cost about $12,000 to 13,000, but the refrigerator hole didn't fit others or don't look right, so we end up get another Subzero refrigerator hoping it last another 20 years. Just before the two-year warranty out, the water leak from the bottom, the tech came and clear it, the same time he found one of the LED light was out and replace the bulb.

In May 2020, the drain clogged again and is out of warranty. My old one had not clogged once. The new has a filter there for the pure air system needs to change about every two years cost $55, this expense my old one did not have. Plus my old one door will close by itself, this one will not. After the door close, the air inside suck and will not allow to open at least five minutes, very inconvenient. It looks like the old one has better quality than the new one. With so far that much problem is not worth the money. We need to have longer warranty to cover the repair costs.

Sub-Zero author review by ConsumerAffairs

Sub-Zero has long been one of the leading lines of refrigeration products. The company was founded in 1945 in Madison, Wisconsin.

• Innovative: The company has always been forward-thinking, they have created the free-standing freezer and the built-in refrigerator.

• Ultimate luxury: Sub-Zero has a reputation for making the most luxurious refrigerators possible, so it's a good choice for anyone who wants to outfit their home with luxury appointments.

• Built-in and customizable: Sub-Zero provides built-in refrigerators that blend in smoothly with a homeowner's aesthetic.

• Test drive: The company allows customers to make appointments and check out Sub-Zero refrigerators in the showroom to ensure they pick the appliance that is right for them.

• Curated collections: Sub-Zero offers customers curated collections of kitchen appliances and products, making it easy to design a kitchen seamlessly.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team