Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Sub-Zero Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sub-Zero Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sub-Zero?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

We just did a remodel and had a 36", I believe it was a 650 then. It had a single door, not French, and a freezer below. It still was good when we got rid of it, but thought we should use the same space but get the newer model. I had to buy two different refrigerator/freezer for two different homes we have this year. The other one was about $3900 and has more cu. ft than this taller Subzero model. I know it is cabinet depth but the Bosch has moveable shelves, not just laterally, but also they are divided in the center, so you can move one shelf in the middle to a different height. You have the ability to have shelves at different heights ie. if you have tall bottles of say champagne, you can have half the shelf lower, and half the shelf much higher to accommodate taller bottles.

The subzero doesn't have the flexibility and the shelves are all one length; so if you wanted just a portion of the shelf to be for taller items, you can't do that with Subzero unless you dedicate the whole shelf to one long shelf with lots of room. The compartments on the door give me less space to put things in than my single door Subzero. Some of the door compartments are so narrow that I can get a single line of bottles in it only and some are smaller. My other refrigerator has a cold water spout inside the refrigerator, not on the door, which is great. I don't mind that ice and water aren't on the doors as they are potential problem creators, but on the inside of the side is quite convenient. The freezer compartment on my other refrigerator is far superior.

Subzero has the real untreated stainless and is difficult to clean. The other unit I have does the newer finish so you don't have to constantly be getting out a chemical to remove the fingerprints. I think Subzero is resting on its great reputation but I think their merchandise is old fashioned and stale. I doubt whether I will ever need another refrigerator in my lifetime, but hope those that do read this review and know what to look for to get a better style and more useful refrigerator/freezer or I hope Subzero evaluates this review and redesigns the interiors. That can't be difficult in the scheme of things!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

Reliable. We had a small problem with our ice maker and the Sub Zero company was very fast to take care of it and very professional. Other than that we haven’t had any other issues and the refrigerator is at least 10 years old if not older!

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I purchased an $11,000 refrigerator. The freezer was broken. The service has been to my house 3 times and they still can’t fix it. The unit also makes loud noise at night. I would have never purchased this refrigerator but unfortunately it’s the only brand that fits in the space I have.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I purchased $25,000 + Refrigerator, range, oven, microwave & dishwasher from Wolf/Sub-Zero & qualified for their rebate program. It was difficult to say the least to register their products that they market but aren’t their line. Hours upon hours on the phone. After numerous run arounds & supposed reissues, I still do not have the promised rebate. Each time they ask me to wait 30 days & then up to 4 weeks for a reissue. It’s pathetic. I’ve moved 15 time in 35 years & have had 2 sub-zero refrigerators. They are no better than Whirlpool or any other brand. (Except GE, they are horrible.)

I believe that SubZero Wolf rests on their history of quality & service which they fail to continue to meet. SubZero refrigerator has only a few options, you have to open the door for water or ice thus using more electricity. They have done little to keep up with the competition on consumer conveniences. Not worth the additional money unless you must. They aren’t who they once were. Their Great American Kitchen Event rebate appears to me to be a scam. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 29, 2021

If you are thinking of buying this product please save your money! We have had the freezer for 2 years and in that period the compressor have been replaced twice, the ice maker is covered in frost, and they couldn’t pinpoint the exact parts that is causing the damage. So since we have reached the two year mark, they said that MAYBE it’s the control board that is actually malfunctioning and causing the compressor to break down and warranty is over so they have to charge us 500 USD for that. I bought this freezer thinking it was built to last but compared to other freezers that I have used this is actually the worst! Please save your money.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

Unit has been down for 2 weeks now. No replacement of food. Very disappointed!!! Called to ask for help but they are not very caring. Guess I made a big purchase and no service after the sale. Hopefully they will get me running soon.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Great big refrigerator for over 13 years. Key for its life is to put and frequently change a 10” by 20” air filter (rating 4) inside top big refrigerator where the compressor is running to minimize overheating and expensive clean up and repair service.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I have a Sub-Zero refrigerator 2 1/2 years old. It stopped working 2 times last year. Now again is not working and the service calls and parts are very expensive. I lost everything inside the refrigerator for the 3rd time. It doesn't worth the price of the Sub-Zero refrigerator vs the quality.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Have had for 21 years. Very good. Not too many problems. Use private person to fix. Much cheaper. Mine is built in, really nice. I have enjoyed it, big nice size freezer room for everything. If I ever need a new one would buy it again.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Excellent commercial grade fridge. Looks more than good enough (stainless steel), to blend in to a home setting. Rock solid performance. Excellent controls and a great freezer section. Model 650, with a bottom freezer. Twelve years on, and not a single issue.

Sub-Zero author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Sub-Zero has long been one of the leading lines of refrigeration products. The company was founded in 1945 in Madison, Wisconsin.

• Innovative: The company has always been forward-thinking, they have created the free-standing freezer and the built-in refrigerator.

• Ultimate luxury: Sub-Zero has a reputation for making the most luxurious refrigerators possible, so it's a good choice for anyone who wants to outfit their home with luxury appointments.

• Built-in and customizable: Sub-Zero provides built-in refrigerators that blend in smoothly with a homeowner's aesthetic.

• Test drive: The company allows customers to make appointments and check out Sub-Zero refrigerators in the showroom to ensure they pick the appliance that is right for them.

• Curated collections: Sub-Zero offers customers curated collections of kitchen appliances and products, making it easy to design a kitchen seamlessly.

Sub-Zero Refrigerators Company Information