Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Kenmore Refrigerators

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Kenmore Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I have always purchased Kenmore appliances and I am terribly sorry they are defunct. My Kenmore washer is 35 years old, drier 30 years old... fridge 15 years old. I had to purchase a new stove two years ago and bought a Maytag for $2100. It lasted just two years and the computer system had to be replaced. $900 repair bill. Not happy about that.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I purchased this refrigerator in late 2017, On July 11 it failed. I called Sears service and they scheduled an appointment and 2 days before the appointment they put me off another month until August 25. The technician came and replaced the compressor. Part was under warranty but not labor, I then purchased a 1 year appliance warranty for almost $1000.00. Well 2 days later it failed again and now they tell me they can’t get here for almost another 2 months, October 22. I would advise no one to purchase any Kenmore appliance. I am contacting our B. B. B. concerning this matter. They want your money but do not stand behind their products.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I bought a refrigerator 3 years ago from Sears a Kenmore Elite. Now is not working. The compressor and condenser are not good. I have to throw the food away, I'm very stressed. Don't buy. You will regret and also waste your money!!!! It is for your own good, don't throw your money away. Kenmore makes no good refrigerators. When you call them they will not help you instead they will waste your time and money.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Got CL err. Kenmore replaced the fridge, but process took over a month. Four months later same problem, but Kenmore decided to replace compressor. Looking at another month before part arrives. Most miserable experience ever! Thought with LG takeover things would be okay. Avoid Kenmore at all cost.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I purchased a Kenmore Elite ref in November of 2018. Model # 795.75053.712 Serial # 704KR00028. It failed in June of 2021. The Sears repairman said this compressor unit is defective and most of these models fail after a few years. The compressor was covered under warranty but not the labor. We paid $750 in labor to install a new compressor and then a week later something else major failed.

Google Kenmore Elite defective ref. You will find hundred of other similar complaints. The compressor is made by LG. Both Kenmore and LG have refused to take care of this defective product. Hopefully a class action lawsuit will compensate consumers who have been harmed by these greedy corporations who don't care about their customers.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I bought what I thought was a Kenmore Elite as that is how it is labeled (it is actually an LG). I found that out when it needed it repaired. I was told that Kenmore doesn't make their on brand anymore. My compressor is out before 5 years is up and the cost is over the price to replace the refrigerator. I don't recommend this product. I have had problems with my ice maker the whole time I own it.

Original review: June 18, 2021

On purchased a Kenmore top-freezer refrigerator in Jan. of 2021 through sears.com for $955.88. Five months after the purchase the fridge started emitting a burning-like odor. I contacted Sears Home Services more than 10 times over the course of a week to schedule warranty service, but each time I was told that their system was down, and that I should expect a call from them within 2-4 hours. It is now a week later, and I still have not been given an appointment.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Like thousands of others, I have trusted the Kenmore name as being a quality product for many years. My parents bought Kenmore appliances too. So when it was time to buy a new refrigerator I bought a Kenmore Elite with the bottom pull out freezer. I specifically did not want another brand like Samsung or LG because I knew they made faulty products after talking with appliance repair techs and friends who had purchased these products.

We have been happy with our Kenmore fridge for just over three years until today. It stopped cooling and I called a repair tech. It was a BIG surprise to learn our Kenmore was actually an LG product that had a known poor quality compressor. The technician told us he and his company had replaced MANY compressors on the same Kenmore refrigerator I owned. It cost me $840 to replace the compressor because of course it was no longer under warranty. It frustrates me to no end, just three years after purchasing the refrigerator at a cost of $2,500 and now an additional $840. I recommend to everyone do you own research before buying. I wish I had because I would not and will not buy Kenmore again.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I purchased this Kenmore from Costco online. It was delivered on May 24, 2021. After a couple of weeks of use I noticed the freezer was icing over and the seals to the freezer and refrigerator kept coming loose. I contacted Costco concierge service and they sent a Kenmore repairman. The Kenmore repairman noticed the seals coming loose without me saying anything and then he noticed the seam around freezer had been siliconed. The Kenmore repairman advised me to return the refrigerator and get a refund. Sears, Kenmore, or Costco wants to take responsibility for this fraud. I have never had a more frustration experience, don't buy anything from these people.

Original review: June 9, 2021

Just a couple years ago we bought a Kenmore Elite side-by-side refrigerator/freezer and it worked great for about a year and last year we had to spend over $700 to have a part replaced and now we had to spend $95 to have someone come look at it because it quit working again and they said now it is leaking coolant. Had I known we were going to have to put so much money we would’ve just bought another brand and saved our self the hassle of continually having someone at our house to check our refrigerator. The expenses that we’ve paid to have things fixed don’t even include the amount of money that we’ve thrown away due to lost food when it quit working both times.

Original review: June 4, 2021

We have a Kenmore Elite 750 Refrigerator purchased 10/2013 from Sears. It stopped working May 2021. Sears came and diagnosed the problem as the compressor, which is under a 10 year warranty (reads: "repair free of charge"). However, Sears noted the replacement compressor will need a new computer in order to function. We paid the diagnostic fee and asked him to email us a full quote, which he never did. We called Kenmore (transferred to Sears) as the price seemed high ($924) for a problem that is under warranty.

We rescheduled an appointment and the technician did not show. We called Sears who rescheduled us for the following week and assured us that the next technician would be fixing the compressor and computer for no additional charges at all. We then spoke to an additional 5 people at Sears who all gave us different stories; it seems that the next appointment would simply be another diagnostic visit/second opinion which is NOT what we need. It has been very difficult to work with Sears, and we have spent several hours on the phone getting several different stories. Though the warranty states the compressor is covered for repair free of charge for 10 years (no mention of parts or labor, just "repair"), they (Kenmore and Sears) refuse to fix the problem or send us the parts so we can fix it ourself or hire another person.

The Kenmore representative (Drew) was downright rude to me for no clear reason. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, he told me someone would call me. A person did call me, but did not leave a phone number to reach her--she gave me the generic Kenmore line again, which was not helpful. I wrote several emails to Kenmore via various avenues and received no response whatsoever.

All in all, extremely disappointing and upsetting "service" from Kenmore and Sears. To say something (an expensive fridge) is under warranty for repair but then charge $1000 to fix is not acceptable. What's more: the compressor in question underwent a class action lawsuit previously as it kept breaking and Kenmore kept having it replaced with other deficient compressors that they knew would break: obviously unacceptable. It's also unacceptable that no one will take responsibility or help; Sears traded us from department to department endlessly and Kenmore was downright rude. We will never buy from Kenmore or Sears again. User's recommendation: Do NOT Kenmore products. Do NOT buy from Sears.

Kenmore Appliances author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Kenmore is a recognized brand in the appliance industry and has been around over 100 years. Kenmore offers high-quality refrigerators in a wide range of sizes and models at affordable prices.

• Variety: Kenmore offers a huge selection of appliances, from mini-refrigerators to giant, commercial appliances.

• Price: Kenmore has products at a number of different price points, including discount and luxury items.

• Warranties: Kenmore refrigerators are protected from damage or defects up to one year from the date of installation. Defective items will receive a full repair or replacement.

• Luxury models: Kenmore offers many top-of-the-line luxury models and options, such as french-cut doors with stainless steel construction and GeniusCool technology.

• Commercial products: Kenmore offers commercial products for restaurants and consumers who are in need of extra-large refrigerators.

Kenmore Refrigerators Company Information