2. Homeowners

Kenmore Refrigerators

Kenmore Refrigerators
Shop on Appliances Connection
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.18/5

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Kenmore Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Our Kenmore side by side fridge is excellent. Plenty of room and the lighting in it is superb! I can see what I need too and everything is laid out very nicely inside. Makes plenty of ice, easy to clean and very easy to change the water filter inside. We probably looked at 10 different refrigerators and as soon as we saw this one, we knew we had to have it.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I've had my Kenmore fridge for over 20 yrs and it's still doing a great job. A couple years ago, the fan stopped running, and we did not realize it till it started leaking water from bottom on floor. Called Service man (independent), and he told us if it weren't a Kenmore, it would have died, that it held up really good for as long as fan wasn't working. Highly recommend this brand in all appliances. We still have it along w/ all our Kenmore appliances and they're all still running GREAT!

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Fridge color very nice. Black slate. Beautiful. Very quiet. Bought a little on the small side. Just two of us. Fits everything great. Very easy to remove the shelves to clean. Front of door opens for storage or milk, coffee, creamer, ketchup, mustard. Things you use on a daily basis. Love it and front cleans and gets very shiny with Windex. Not very expensive. Great products. Purchased through Sears before they closed their doors. Heard a rumor about the closing before we purchased it so did not purchase a warranty.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Bought it in 1997. Just noticed the door seal on the refrigerator is going bad so I should replace it. Bought it in 1997 and it still works just fine. The Sears high efficiency furnace I put in my house also works great. That was installed in 1983... 36 years. I've had great value from all my Kenmore and Sears products.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I’ve had my mini refrigerator with freezer for 18 years now. And the only thing that broke on it was the thermostat switch broke. This refrigerator was and to me still the best interiorly designed mini fridge and freezer ever made. It’s getting so old now, that’s why I’ve decided to by a second one for the 3 time in 18 years. Just to have in the basement, but they all suck in design and they really do not last long at all????! But the one in my room just keeps on fighting like a muscle car???? Kenmore please bring back the old mini interior design and quality... Please!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I purchased a brand new Kenmore refrigerator 8/2018 and the compressor blew 9/27/2020. I called to set an appointment date for service and they failed to show. My appointments are now continuing to be rescheduled later and later in the month. This has changed every other day via text or automated calls from 10/6, to 10/7 to 10/19, to now 10/20! I have received no explanation as to why my appointments keep getting changed and no acknowledgment regarding a service request for a refrigerator which is an ESSENTIAL household item.

I’ve expressed that I have 3 children in my home and that I was buying ice to preserve milk and eggs in coolers. I’ve lost wages leaving work for a service that never occurred, in addition to losing all my food in the refrigerator and freezer! No coverage because I didn’t purchase an extended warranty. I paid $170 for an outside technician to come Evaluate and repair but I have to have a Sears technician inspect it. The compressor is covered under the manufacturer warranty but I’m responsible for the service visit fee- no problem, if I can only get someone out to do the service. I never imagined that I would have a major part go in just 2 years. All my appliances are Kenmore????

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Sears, led by Eddie Lampert, steals your money and gives you when the runaround when their refrigerator fails in less than 3 years multiple times. They buy their garbage from LG (LITERALLY GARBAGE) that is made so poorly that Russian manufacturers laugh in mocking hysteria at how unreliable yet expensive these refrigerators are.

You will lose thousands of dollars in tossed away food because the refrigerator fails again and again and again and again. Mind you, you paid nearly $4000 for the privilege of owning utter trash. If the local Sears wasn’t all camera'd up, I’d drop this stainless steel turd in front of their store. These refrigerators are absolutely 100% designed to fail. No engineer would want his/her name attached to such a failure.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

Fridge died after just 7 years. The compressor only has a 10-year warranty but when the compressor goes out it causes other damage that costs in the thousands to repair so warranty is worthless. Repairs cost as much as the new fridge; ELITE line.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

There have been two minor problems with the bottom freezer. First was frost build-up under and behind the drawer. There was an obstruction of the air flow into the freezer compartment, repaired. Second is the ice cube fill tube, it was allowing water to be dripped into the tray. This is still as problem.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I like my Kenmore. It runs well and is pretty energy efficient. I haven't had any experience with their customer service so I gave them a four. I got the warranty that came with it which was at a good price.

Kenmore Appliances author review by ConsumerAffairs

Kenmore is a recognized brand in the appliance industry and has been around over 100 years. Kenmore offers high-quality refrigerators in a wide range of sizes and models at affordable prices.

• Variety: Kenmore offers a huge selection of appliances, from mini-refrigerators to giant, commercial appliances.

• Price: Kenmore has products at a number of different price points, including discount and luxury items.

• Warranties: Kenmore refrigerators are protected from damage or defects up to one year from the date of installation. Defective items will receive a full repair or replacement.

• Luxury models: Kenmore offers many top-of-the-line luxury models and options, such as french-cut doors with stainless steel construction and GeniusCool technology.

• Commercial products: Kenmore offers commercial products for restaurants and consumers who are in need of extra-large refrigerators.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team