Kenmore Refrigerators

Kenmore Refrigerators

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Works great. Keeps food perfect! The freezer keeps everything ice cold. Love the space. Does not take up a bunch of unnecessary energy. Very economical and convenient. One of the best refrigerators I have ever had.

When I was growing up we always had Kenmore products because my Dad always bought the best for Mom. All their appliances, stove, fridge, washer, dryer were all Kenmore. Mom still only wants Kenmore. They were great because they lasted so long. I am 60 and Mom just replaced the Kenmore washer she had when I was about 25 or so.

I love Kenmore products. They are very high quality and a brand you can count on. My refrigerator works great, has the right temperatures and plenty of room. I would definitely buy another in the future.

The Elite was purchased November 2011. The repairman is here after a 5 day waiting period. The refrigerator had lost cooling first in the freezer and then the upper refrigerator. He found the freon to be low. Now to fix it first is a process to find the "slow" leak, then order the parts and then repair it. This process will take 1 to 2 weeks. The cost for repairs will be around $700.00. I was informed that the compressors on these refrigerators commonly go out... Maybe not a good purchase. The refrigerator is out of warranty and I did not purchase an extended warranty. I have purchased Kenmore products for 30 years or more and this is the first one that has been a lemon, a very costly lemon.

We have had this side by side refrigerator 4 years. In that time we have had a service person out twice because the ice maker wasn't working. Now we had them out again because the freezer wasn't keeping the foods frozen. This time the compressor is faulty. Apparently the "extended warranty" only lasted 3 years so it is going to cost from $700-$1000 to repair. I find it unacceptable that a refrigerator would only last 4 years. Last time I buy anything Kenmore. We bought this through Sears and they were of no help either.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

I got a Kenmore fridge and it's less than a year and a half old and I've had guys from Sears out here working on it 8 diff times and it's broke down again. Big money into this thing like 3699.00 and it's junk.

Model 59672389411 - I bought this ref for $1999.99. Sears wanted me to buy a 799.99 5 year extended warranty. This was almost half the cost of the ref so I choose not to. I have never bought extended warranties before and have never needed to on appliances. I bought the ref on 7/10/15 and it stop working on 1/28/2017 that is 18 months later. Both the coolant lines were leaking. Repairman said he would have to replace them and the compressor. This is pretty much the complete sealed system. Cost would be $911.79. Again half the cost of the ref and I would only get 90 day warranty on that.

I have called every number I can find for Sears. 1-888-507-9312 Sears corporate advocate who referred me to 1-888-536-6673 who referred me to 1-800-549-4505 Sears national customer hotline who told me there is nothing they can do. Before those calls I called 1-888-536-6673, 1-847-286-2500, 1-800-469-4663, and was given the e-mail address shc@customerservice.sears.com. No one at any of these numbers would help. I am just SOL. I have to throw this refrigerator in the land fill. I am appalled over this!!!

Sears should be accountable for their products. I wanted to get in touch with the person who manufactured the ref because they should be accountable for the parts they make but no one will tell me who it is. I found a site that said Amana was the manufacturer. When I called them they would not say they made the parts. The consumer is being ripped off by Sears. As you can read in all the other reviews some thud is going on with the ref manufactured after 2015. I still do not have a ref and it is 3/12/2017. Because I am so mad I am going to report Sears to every agency I can find. Do not buy their products!!!

Purchased my Kenmore French Door Bottom Freezer February 2013. Had issues right from the start. The ice maker didn't work but there was a thick layer of ice in the bottom of the freezer. Turns the tubing for the icemaker was incorrectly installed. In 2016 the ice maker worked but didn't dispense the ice. Had to have a technician fix that. Now in February 2017 I discovered the back of the refrigerator is rusted through and there is a hunk of ice on the back of the refrigerator. I purchased an extended warranty after the ice maker incident but I'm now told that the fine print in the contract states that issues caused by rust are not covered. This refrigerator is only 4 years old. I've had other refrigerators that have lasted me 20 yrs. Will NOT be buying another Kenmore!

I purchased a Kenmore fridge about a year ago. On February 28th, the ice maker stopped working. I won't go into detail but short story, the tray is filling but not freezing. I called the number inside the fridge on March 2, 2017, 1-800-469-4663 and explained what is going on. The rep tells me she will get me a quote. I mentioned the fridge should be under warranty. I am told the warranty expired on February 13, 2017, 15 days before the ice maker stopped working. I asked if there was some type of grace period since this was so close to the warranty date. She tells me there is not.

I then asked to speak with a supervisor and was told there is nothing a supervisor could do either. I understand the unit is outside of warranty by 2 weeks, but this is frustrating. We spent a lot of money on a Kenmore because it was supposed to be better quality. Turns out... it's not. Save your money and buy a better brand... At least one that stands behind their product.

My Kenmore elite french door refrigerator is approximately 2 years old. It has already been repaired twice due to not cooling properly. I have four kids and now for the 3rd time my refrigerator is not working and of course is out of warranty, but again it is not cooling at all. I called to schedule a repair thru Sears/Kenmore. I paid for the warranty for this year. I set up an appointment for this Wednesday from 8-12 last week. I got a call today and the appointment is canceled due to no technician in area on Wednesday 2/21/17. The next available appointment is March 1, 2017. I asked about replacement due to ongoing issue. They will only cover $500 for new refrigerator, on over a $2000.00 refrigerator that is approximately two years old. Thank you for your time.

First of all Kenmore does not produce anything. They just put their name on other products like Whirlpool and LG, Korean appliances. I made a terrible mistake buying Kenmore Elite refrigerator. Nothing but trouble from the start. Kenmore Elite is a horrible product. This product looks great esthetically, but is overengineered, which creates unnecessary troubles as a result. Cost a fortune to diagnose and fix. Better off buying another fridge. And after speaking to the number of technicians, discovered that the best reliable refrigerators are made by GE, Maytag. Worst are LG, Kenmore, Samsung.

I bought a Kenmore Elite refrigerator about 2 years ago and it just died. It took the company 2 weeks to get a repairman to my home. When they did, he told me the refrigerator needed a new motor, fan, and coolant. He said it would cost $1,300.00 to repair. I asked him why it broke after only 2 years. He said he didn't know but that he was fixing them regularly, several a week. Well, after being a loyal customer for many years Sears has refused to help because I didn't buy a warranty! I have bought all of mine as well as my daughter's appliances from Sears and never had an issue but it's disheartening to find that after all your loyalty, if you do, Sears will not be in your corner.

The girl I talked with was actually rude and told me my choices were, I could pay them $1,300 to fix a Refrigerator I just bought, or I could buy a new one, or I could use a cooler for the upcoming summer. She forgot one choice, the one I'm taking and that is never shopping with them again, posting negative reviews on social media, and filing complaints with the BBB, CFP and with any other agency I can find.

Last summer my electric company was promoting upgrading older but running refrigerator with a new energy-efficient and paid $50 to customers who did so. My old refrigerator was already 20 year old but working just fine. I used the false logic that at 20 years old it makes sense to upgrade before old-dependable wore out. (Never needed service in 20 yrs!) Bought a new Kenmore 18 cu ft model from my local Sears store Aug 2016. Six months later it stops working. I find all the food inside is warm and frozen foods completely thawed.

Sears repairman came out and quickly diagnosed the problem, states it is common for these units to leak out all the refrigerant. Asks if it is under 30 days old because Sears will just give me a new one but if over 30 days I must let them repair it. Compressor burnt out in less than 1 yr! I should have never gotten rid of my old refrigerator. Sears just lost another loyal customer; all of our appliance purchases has always been Kenmore.

I purchased a Kenmore Refrigerator in January 2016. In the beginning of February 2017 the refrigerator stopped working and I lost most of the food. I contacted the Warranty Department and they told me it was three weeks out of warranty and they would do nothing except send a repair person at my expense for parts and labor 13 days from then, which is unreasonable for someone with no refrigerator. I explained that I was out of state from March 2016 until December 2016, so I only had used it two months. The warranty department representative told me I was out of luck and it was not Sears' fault.

I contacted a local repair shop and they got me running the same day. Unfortunately, the repair cost was over $300 because of a faulty computer chip. He said that this model was notorious for having bad computer chips and that he has replaced several recently and that Sears knew about this because they have changed the computer chip in subsequent manufacturing. This speaks volumes to me about Sears customer service. When I got to the mall, I see that it is always a good place to park to access the rest of the mall because there are always lots of empty parking spots around the Sears store. Its motto should be: "If we ignore the customer long enough, they will stop bothering us."

It is like a nightmare! I bought a silver Kenmore fridge on 18th of May, 2016 with extended warranty. I asked for delivery for one month later, as I was doing some renovation. From the very first day that the fridge was delivered, the story begun. In the midnight it made weird noises and we thought someone has broken in to the house. After searching everywhere we heard the noise again. The fridge was screaming! We couldn't believe it really. For a few days we put up with it thinking that it might go away by itself, but it didn't. I called the Sears Warranty and Repair Service section, and booked an appointment for a repair. Repair guy showed up on time and did some work on it, but no gain! I called them again and booked another appointment. This time they said another repair man from the producer company will come to take care of the issue. The repairman came to us and did some work on it. This time the kind of noise just changed!

I called Sears again, and they said that someone else from a third party should come to do some work on it. Another appointment was booked again. The new repairman showed up this morning with lots of equipment and said that he has to change the compressor. He changed the compressor, and now I found everything in the freezer part melted!! I removed all things and put them in the freezer in the basement, but couldn't do anything for the grocery in the refrigerator part. About 100$ grocery is spoiled! I bought the fridge brand new, and I can't believe the ongoing suffer from this purchase. I am going to call them tomorrow and ask for a refund. It is enough for me! So disappointed.

The quality of the fridge leaves much to be desired. I admit that I didn't do my research because I was in a rush and just trusted the name. I wasn't aware that LG was the manufacturer of the Kenmore Elite or I would have know to avoid it. The fridge looks great on the outside and at first glance on the inside, however when you open and close the draws they feel as they are about to break. My fridge is 2.5 years old and water was leaking from the bottom. I figured it's the copper hose that feeds the unit but discovered the unit itself was leaking. Upon inspection of the internal hoses I can see cracking in multiple areas of the white hose that feeds the water to the ice maker as well as the hose that feeds the water dispenser. My fridge is doing its job at keeping frozen as well as fresh food fresh bit I paid for more features that just don't work. Save your money and avoid this fridge!!

I recently bought a Kenmore refrigerator to be exact 5 months ago and it's already not working! How is this possible? How can you spend your hard earned money on a product that will break down on you in less than 5 months? I called for repairs and was told why I didn't add a protection plan. WHY should I! I shouldn't have to worry about something so expensive breakdown on me so fast. After throwing away all the food that went bad I had to wait 4 days for a technician. I was greeted with a very smelly, rude and ignorant man that did nothing but tell me that he needed to order a motor and left.

I called Sears Repair and was told I had to wait another 3-5 days for the motor to come in and then... Make an appointment for another technician to come in. So what do I do for food? Eat out a can for a week? Will I be reimburse for all the breakfast, lunch and dinners I have to pay for until they fix my broken down expensive new refrigerator? I am beyond disappointed with this issue. I will gladly forward my receipt if requested but at this time I do not have it. Item was bought at Sears (Cottman Plaza) in Northeast Philadelphia PA on 8/7/2016.

Kenmore Side by Side Refrigerator Model 106 51103 111 - I purchased this refrigerator on 6/29/12 and it was delivered to my home on 7/11/12. On Saturday, 1/14/17, it quit cooling. My service repairman came on Monday, 1/16/17 and found that the compressor was bad. This refrigerator has not even been in my home for 4-1/2 years and it's shot. Sears was not willing to do anything to correct this problem saying the compressor only has a 1 year warranty. They did offer a 10% off coupon toward my next Kenmore purchase. I will never buy anything else at Sears. They sell appliances that are inferior and they don't care about their customers. That is why Sears is in trouble. They could have offered to pay 50% of the repair for a new compressor. My service repairman said I would be better off buying a new refrigerator, so I did - NOT A KENMORE!!!

My refrigerator died 2 days ago. Sears sent over a repairman and he said the condenser passed yesterday. So now we have to wait to see if we can replace it or repair it. The Kenmore refrigerator was a good deal for a while, but when 3 repairmen from Sears couldn't figure out how to stop a leaky dispenser then I knew something was about to go wrong fast.

We made the horrible mistake of buying all Kenmore Elite appliances at Sears in April of 2015. The nightmare started with the delivery of some of our appliances where we were literally stood up by the delivery service on 3 different occasions, no call, no show... My husband and I were both working freelance jobs at the time. If we don't work, we don't get paid, so you can imagine how frustrating it was when we had to repeatedly take time off for these clowns to grace us with their presence, only to have them not even have the courtesy to call and cancel. They have zero respect for their customers.

We had issues with our washer machine a month after purchasing it and now our $2500 Kenmore Elite refrigerator has suddenly stopped working. To kick it up a notch, a technician was supposed to come today to "diagnose" the issue for $99, but surprise, no call, no show. He was supposed to arrive between 3pm-6pm, so I again took off of work and waited around all day. At one point I logged into my appointment page and saw they had pushed his arrival window to between 6:45pm and 8:45pm. Knowing them and their horrid track record, I even called to make sure he was still going to come today and explained how I had taken off of work and couldn't take another day off, etc. The woman on the phone supposedly put me on hold while she called my technician to confirm and then told me he was definitely still coming and would call me when he was on his way... He never called.

Later on I checked my email and at 7pm they emailed me to say my appointment had now been cancelled and rescheduled for Monday. I called them right away to ream them out and the best they could do for my inconvenience was give me 20% off on whatever the cost of the service will be. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM SEARS. I could write a novel on the hell they have put us through. They DO NOT CARE about their customers and their products are complete garbage. Even their own repairman, that fixed our washer machine, told me their products are cheaply made in Korea and to stay away from them and LG (which is who makes Kenmore appliances)! It's sad because they used to be a good, dependable company, but they are nothing but con artists now.

I cannot express how dissatisfied I am with my Kenmore refrigerator and Kenmore as a company. At 13 months the control board and door seals needed to be replaced. At 15 months insulation parts had to be replaced. At 17 months drain lines had to be replaced as well as door seals again! I emailed Kenmore 4 times and NEVER got a response. This is the French door refrigerator with the extra drawer in the center. I bought it because of the Kenmore name and the large cubic footage (28+). This will be the last Kenmore product I ever buy!

Poorly made, does not stand up to everyday use. I didn't have this refrigerator long before the ice crusher mode went out, shelf cracked that holds the deli drawer, door shelf that holds milk broke, and now the ice maker is leaking. What else is going to happen before it goes out. I am going back to my Amana. No more kenmores for me.

We bought this fridge new at a scratch and dent appliance center. It was delivered on September 23 and by January 7 it stopped working efficiently after 115 days. The service tech says it is a bad/leaking evaporator, so we are awaiting news of what will happen next. A Major inconvenience to say the least. We have gone to the dealer once already today and will need to return to negotiate what happens next. The warranty was only for 90 days, so hopefully we can work something out.

I received poor customer service with a new refrigerator that worked for about 6 weeks! My new refrigerator stopped cooling. (Bottom freezer still worked fine.) I ended up throwing out a lot of food in my refrigerator. A technician was sent to my house who replaced a few parts thinking it was the thermostat. Fridge worked again. A few days before Christmas, we went to visit friends for a few days and returned to find that all of my food that I had bought for Christmas (around $500) was garbage. The fridge was up to 55 degrees and the freezer was at 6 degrees. That was about 6 weeks after the first time the technician came.

My frustration was that nobody cared or could even suggest anything for me to do other than wait on a technician! I have been 2 weeks without a fridge and was told yesterday that the technician would order more parts! I have just redone my kitchen and this fridge has been a nightmare! I fear that when I unplug it, I will get water over my new flooring. It is so disheartening to spend so much on an appliance like this and to feel like you just need to garbage it and move on because nobody cares!

This sears refrigerator has served us very well for 30 years. Only problem is that we have repaired icemaker twice in 30 years! The repair man who fixed the ice maker told us "they don't make them like this anymore." Very satisfactory refrig.

Ice maker had black chunks of plastic coming off of tray into ice. Had it replaced and the new one did the exact same thing - conveniently after the warranty for the new ice maker expired - so now we have to pay to replace it. I spoke to 4 people at customer service and no one was willing to help us because it was no longer "under warranty". The fact is they put in a faulty product knowing full well that we would have the same problem again after the warranty had expired. Our family will never buy from Kenmore or Sears again. So disappointed.

We have a 3 year old Kenmore refrigerator that has not worked since 12-18-16. Under warranty, but they won't be here to fix it till Jan 12th. That will be 6 days short of a month. It is a Lemon and they won't do anything more than say they will be here on Jan 12th. What good is a warm refrigerator? What would happen if the manager had one go out? I will NEVER buy appliances again from Sears.

I purchased a Sears Kenmore refrigerator 3 1/2 years ago for almost $3000. I didn't buy the extended warranty because in my mind I spent enough money and I thought Kenmore was a reputable product. The refrigerator that it replaced was a Kenmore and it was already 15 years old and never had one single problem. It is now in the garage. In October of this year, the new one stopped cooling. We had a service guy come out and he said it was a sealed compartment issue and I needed to have a Sears technician come out. I googled it and found that there was some success with unplugging it and waiting 4 hours, then plugging it back in. I did this and it did work, for about a month.

I called Sears when it stopped working again and explained I knew it was not functioning properly because the first thing that happens is that it stops making ice. I told them that I had an independent repair guy come out and he said it was a "sealed system" problem. This is covered for 5 years under the manufacturers warranty. The lady I talked to said it wasn't and that I needed to buy the only warranty they offered which was a one year warranty for $300. They sent a guy out. He diagnosed a problem that wasn't covered under the manufacturers warranty but would be covered under the $300 warranty that I just purchased. It took over a week to have him back out to fix it (yes they don't come with the parts on their truck) and replaced the "defective" part and said if it doesn't work by the end of the day to call back. It didn't work.

They sent out the same guy a week after that and he said it now was the sealed system and would be covered under the original warranty. He told us we should call and cancel the extended warranty. We waited well over a week for another guy to fix it and it took him 4-5 hours but it is working. He said we should call and cancel the extended warranty. I called and they will not refund me the $300 because the 1st repairman came out and replaced a part that wasn't under the original warranty. I explained that it also wasn't the problem. It didn't matter. I will never shop at Sears again and will share my story as often as I can.

I bought a Kenmore elite refrigerator in Oct of 2015. With master plan warranty. Fridge quit working in sept 2016 not even a year old!!! Told to defrost it completely. Lost all my food about 500 dollars of food loss (I shop bulk), sent receipt of food, just bought 5 days; prior to fridge going out they sent me 200 dollars. Then again fridge went out 1 month later; lost food again. They refused to cover food loss again. Now 2 months with no fridge they expect you to be ok with nothing offer that you can try to find a rental. No rentals available at our local Sears... master warranty, no fridge, living out of an ice chest, missed thanksgiving, now it's almost x-mas.

Finally they deemed it unrepairable. They're not even replacing my fridge. They are crediting my account at half the cost of same refrigerator... they claim it's not their fault. Prices have gone up since I purchased my fridge and there's depreciation. I BOUGHT MASTER PLAN supposedly the best, and full guarantee... (obviously someone is lying); SEARS. Are rip offs, so to get the same fridge I have to pay almost a 2000 dollar difference.

NEVER. BUY. FROM SEARS - THEY WILL SCREW YOU. They're dirty liars. All I have heard is, "Sorry for your inconvenience." 2 months no fridge. (family of 5) Their repair people order wrong parts, 2-week waiting period to get next tech out. 1-hour phone calls every time. Just to talk to someone to try to get help. Supposedlybought top fridge out there.

So don't buy a Kenmore elite or ever buy from Sears. Many many years ago they used to be good - Not anymore. They're dirty liars. If it was easy believe me. I would love to sue them for what I and my family have been through. No one should ever be treated like this. Dirty dirty dirty liars. If all stop going there their business will go bankrupt which would be a blessing and their karma for doing such wrong to people - horrible experience. More than once. Problem with my situation they will not refund my money to me; only store credit **. I paid cash. Have receipt. I don't want to buy from them ever again. Help! And refuse to let them just keep my money for free. I hate them. Please don't get in my pickle. Save yourself. Never go there.

What a POS. I paid over $1500 for this appliance. Ran fine for about 20 months. It started freezing vegetables in the refrigerator compartment, and then it stopped cooling altogether. Troubleshot it myself--condenser. Paid $99 to have a diagnostic code interpreted over the phone--condenser. They insisted on sending out a technician for another $99, who found the problem was--you guessed it--the condenser. It's taken 2 weeks to get the part and the technician won't be back to install it for another week. That will cost another $200+. Fortunately the CONDENSER!!! is covered, but the labor and diagnostic rigmarole are not. I did not pay for extra warranty coverage so saved about $700 but I am furious that the labor on this piece of junk is not covered.

Kenmore Refrigerators Company Profile