Kenmore Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About Kenmore Refrigerators

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Kenmore Refrigerators Reviews

Stars Rating

• 1%
  • 99%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?
    Staff

Reviewed July 5, 2024

What is really sad is that generations before us enjoyed a real appliance, and long warranties. Yet, my Kenmore French door fridge suffered something that made the fan in the freezer be extremely loud. A tech came and said that all of the parts of a Kenmore today are mad in Korea, and they stopped making the fans long ago. Keep in mind, I haven't used this fridge since the last year. Do you remember when fridges lasted at least 30 years, with Kenmore at the top of the quality chain? Kenmore is not a name I can trust anymore! They make 3 years of use then they break down, and they don't make parts for it anymore, and we have to throw them away! This is not right! We spend over $3000.00 for a fridge, because it is a Kenmore, and it needs to be replaced 3 years later, due to no parts replacements! It is just wrong.

They don't love US THE BUYER, or the environment. So I strongly urge anyone who considers buying a Kenmore anything, not do to it. Kenmore is not the company we trusted with our big ticket items. I am devastated to report that your fridge will break down within 3 years. I am totally devastaed, and this had made my market trust disappear. Now it is "Caveat Emptor!" which means, "Buyer BEWARE!" I used to bypass such negative reviews like mine, but those of you who read this, don't buy a Kenmore. This breaks my heart. It suddenly won't last. I cannot explain why, except that this company leader decided to burn us all with cheap everything, in hopes to create more revenue. So they stop making parts for their products a few years after their selling cycle. GOODBYE Kenmore brand. Never will I ever buy from you again!

Verified purchase

Reviewed June 7, 2024

I purchased a Kenmore bottom freezer Model# 111-75035120 in Oct, 2021. In April 2023 the refrigerator was not cooling properly. The Sears tech came out and replaced the fan, the motor had gone bad. It's just over a year later and the fan has gone again. The part is no longer made and difficult to find. Many reviews confirming the part lasts a year. I'm still in the process of trying to get my $2k refrigerator that is only 3 years old back up and running.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed May 3, 2024

I bought brand new from Sears in 2016 a Kenmore side by side refrigerator/freezer, a dishwasher and a stove/oven range. Three years later, I had to replace the molding around the door at a price well over $100 and now in 2024 the ice maker stopped working. Getting parts from Sears Direct was such a fiasco. They sent two molding pieces, one of which was faulty already. My local appliance guy installed the other one. And the company chased me down to get me to send the faulty one back after they are the ones who made the mistake and sent it twice!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS BRAND!!

Price

Reviewed April 21, 2024

Can never understand how a company can make a plastic handle that once is broke, can't be repaired. So now my appliance is is garbage? Although it works just fine. Just no longer has a handle. This is how they get you. Kenmore is not worth a dime. Avoid at all cost.

Customer ServiceReliability

Reviewed April 20, 2024

We purchased a Kenmore refrigerator which started leaking water from the freezer within a year. When the technician came it he said it was not repairable. It was replaced by a Kenmore elite fridge. Within two years the fridge leaked water damaging the floor. The housing of the flow sensor was cracked and spraying water. Kenmore discontinued the part as they knew it was faulty but refused to fix the issue. We had to purchase a replacement for $60. I will never purchase a Kenmore product again. Two faulty fridges in three years, terrible customer service, and a company that will not replace manufacture defective parts in a $3,000 product. You can see the manufacturing defect in the housing that caused the leak in the attached pictures.

Verified purchase
      Price

Reviewed March 26, 2024

Purchased a Kenmore 73025 bottom freezer refrigerator January 17/22 from Costco. There was 2-year warranty. Then on February 23/24 the freezer compartment froze up. Called Kenmore Customer Care (Sears Home Service). They advised the fridge required 2 new sensors costing $42 but total cost was upwards of $500. Then received a message on MARCH 25/24 - one MONTH LATER that parts were no longer available! So I have a 2 year old fridge that was ONE MONTH PAST WARRANTY that is not usable. And you can’t reach any human being at Kenmore or Sears or Costco to complain. So my fridge becomes more LANDFILL!! So unfair that all these companies will not take any responsibility. STAY AWAY FROM KENMORE/SEARS PRODUCTS....

Cat

When I called, I got a person from another country, I suspected. I asked, "Is this really Sears?" and her reply was: "Um Hmmm". What a trustworthy response, eh?

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2024

Fridge is 18 months and no longer gets cold. Bought from Costco- also no help. Went the rounds with Costco, Kenmore and Sears to have a tech come out. NO ONE even makes parts for fridge to be replaced anymore. Kenmore is a common brand

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2024

2 months after the manufacture warranty expired (14 months after purchase) parts starting going bad. Replaced a water valve which took months to get. Refrigerator fan motor went out, ruining food in the fridge. 9 months later the fan quit working again. This time is was the main control board that failed causing the fan to not work. Replaced circuit board and it only lasted for 4 months before going out again. The manufacturers no longer makes the fan so you have to find one that matches it on Amazon. The replacement circuit board that Sears sells you, has no warranty on it. There is a defect with this fridge in the circuit for the refrigerator fan and Sears will not acknowledge me on it. I refuse to replace parts in a brand new fridge that won't even last a year. Seems like such a waste of an appliance, my time and resources. Don't buy a Kenmore fridge unless you purchase a large warranty package for it.

Customer Service

Reviewed Jan. 10, 2024

Never under 50 degrees ever. Called service, tech said it’s the fridge, they put too small compressor - sorry. At 60 degrees we called again, same tech says, "Oh I’ve had to replace fans in these." WHAT? Didn’t you know that the first time? Now over a 2 wk wait for parts. In the meantime we are keeping bare minimum perishables in a very old mini fridge that works better than the new one and in coolers that are colder than the barely 1 year old fridge. Terrible product, worse customer service. Over $100 in food and a customer lost.

CoveragePrice

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2023

We bought a SEARS Kenmore Elite Model 795-74025-412, triple-door refrigerator from Best Buy in March, 2018. Within two years, in April 2020, it stopped cooling. The SEARS service technician found that the compressor was leaking oil. Under warranty, the compressor was replaced. Then again last week, November 2023, it stopped cooling, and once again we had to throw out a ton of food (it was on Thanksgiving Eve). The SEARS technician diagnosed the problem (again) as a faulty compressor. However, the warranty would not cover a second compressor change.

He also stated that these compressors were notoriously prone to such premature failures and that this was a very, very common complaint on these model refrigerators. I would have thought (and he agreed), that SEARS would have a national recall on these particular compressors and would cover all replacement charges. His estimated charge was around $1500 to replace the compressor. He stated that if there was also a pin-prick leak in the skin of the fridge (which is not possible to expose and troubleshoot), it might well fail again in a few months. So our SEARS fridge had lasted just barely over 5 years! We had no choice but to bear the cost of a brand new (different manufacturer) refrigerator. Needless to say, we will be wary of purchasing a SEARS Kenmore again!

Kenmore Appliances author review by Sandy Baker

Kenmore is a recognized brand in the appliance industry and has been around over 100 years. Kenmore offers high-quality refrigerators in a wide range of sizes and models at affordable prices.

• Variety: Kenmore offers a huge selection of appliances, from mini-refrigerators to giant, commercial appliances.

• Price: Kenmore has products at a number of different price points, including discount and luxury items.

• Warranties: Kenmore refrigerators are protected from damage or defects up to one year from the date of installation. Defective items will receive a full repair or replacement.

• Luxury models: Kenmore offers many top-of-the-line luxury models and options, such as french-cut doors with stainless steel construction and GeniusCool technology.

• Commercial products: Kenmore offers commercial products for restaurants and consumers who are in need of extra-large refrigerators.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Kenmore Refrigerators Company Information