Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Kenmore Refrigerators

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Kenmore Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Bought this fridge and matching stove 3yrs ago. I purchased this brand, as did much research on reviews of Kenmore. With that and feeling Sears had a quality product, I purchased them. Three years later, my fridge went totally out. I had no reason to think a Kenmore would crash in 3 years. Threw out hundreds of dollars in food. And this is where things go horribly wrong.

There is no longer a warranty, it’s only a year. Sears wants $1700 to repair. I don’t have a $$ tree in my yard. So then I bought a Choice Home warranty. The rep on the phone said, "No worries ma’am, this is covered." I told him it was already out. Waited my 30 days, and filed a claim. They send out the same tech as Sears. He’s in the house 3 minutes, tops. Calls me to say they won’t cover it. Pre-existing condition. I’ve now paid for 2 service calls. And no working fridge still.

I turn to Kenmore and reach out for help. I gave them 2 voices, either fix my fridge for free or replace with a comparable fridge to what I have. The man chose to repair it. Five phone calls later, "Yes it’s in your file, diagnostic fee waived, no charges on parts and labor." But, yesterday, the tech calls wanting to know if I still want him there. He has no paperwork that there’s no charge. Mind you, Kenmore set this up and supposedly wrote notes.

I called Kenmore. "Oh yes, it’s right here, no charges." He says, "I’ll send this over for your tech." Hours later, he don’t have this to come fix it. I call back. Now, this guy says he has no access to those notes and wants to transfer me to another department. I still have no working fridge. I’ve contacted 2 local tv stations to look into my story, and hopefully get it fixed. Buyer beware. Buy another brand, not a Kenmore Elite. It was priced just under $3000. Not worth it.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

We purchased a Kenmore Elite refrigerator and it stopped cooling and we called Sears/Kenmore and they sent multiple people on 4 different occasions to check it out and all said that it was the compressor and we still have warranty on it. To add insult to injury one of their affiliates by name Intelfix paid $100 deductible to them and still they have not fixed my appliance nor replace and whenever we call they will give us a run around. I can't believe we have all of our appliances from the scam of a company called Sears/Kenmore.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

We bought our Kenmore Refrigerator July 2019 with a 1 year warranty. 6 months after warranty expired the refrigerator starting making a horrible noise, then stopped getting cold. I called my local repairman, he came looked at it and said even if he fixed it, it would break again in 6 months. So I called Sears to have a tech come out, he said it was the fan and would place an order for the part.

I called sears every 2 weeks for 6 months to check status of my fan. Now I get a call from sears telling me they are refunding my money for the PART as they cannot get it. Now WHAT am I to do with this $2500.00 refrigerator that does not work and is only 2 years old.. They are not refunding my $2500.00 so now I have to spend more money to buy a new Refrigerator... Won't be a KENMORE that's for sure! So disappointed with Samsung as they actually make this refrigeration, Sears for leading me on for 6 months and Kenmore for not backing what they sell. What a waste of money!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

We bought a Kenmore Elite 7403 to replace a samsung that seemed to be going out on us 3 years ago. Our samsung is still working (in the garage), and the Kenmore Elite has a broken compressor - which will cost over $1000 to replace!!! It has not even been a full 3 years since we bought it at Sears! NEVER BUY THIS BRAND!!!! The repairman said LG has lawsuits against them, and they purchased Kenmore and are using their parts. I WILL NEVER BUY THIS BRAND AGAIN (LG OR KENMORE).

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I've been a faithful and happy Kenmore appliance buyer for decades. Based on that experience, I recently bought a Kenmore Elite $1200 refrigerator. It developed freezer issues a month after the warranty expired and when I googled the issue I found that this was a common and known problem for this whole line of refrigerators. I contacted two local appliance-repair people and they both told me too bad, Kenmore used to be the reliable source of appliances, up until two or three years ago when they stopped manufacturing them in the US and started buying from the lowest bidder and just rebranding the resulting junk. I'm disappointed in yet one more company having sold out and let down the faithful customers who kept them in business all these years. I will never again buy a Kenmore appliance, unless it's an older used one in good condition.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I have used Kenmore products for years. And when one no longer work after years of use, I would get another. Even though products change with different features the durability never does. I am a firm believer in Kenmore, not only for refrigerator but also for their washer and dryer.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

The Kenmore side by side refrigerator-freezer is the worst product I have ever purchased. After two years, the ice maker had to be replaced. Now at four years, the sensor for the self-defrost mechanism had to be replaced. This self-defrost unit cost $2,600+, and it is not worth the money. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

US government allow American consumers to continually get ripped off by manufactures and retailers. LG/Samsung newer model refrigerators have 220v compressors which does not work well with US circuit standards. Repair people state compressors have known defect. It's not a defect. Those 220v compressors are intended to work for a certain duration then burn out. If you replace one then sooner or later you will replace another.

Purchase new Kenmore refrigerator from Sears 2017/2018. Stopped working Sept. 2021. Refrigerator labeled as Kenmore but model number is LG (795.72493.611). Try buying replacement parts using model no. you will never receive correct part unless you dismantle original and locate exact part number. This has been a nightmare. One repairperson refused to try and repair. We found one who educated us that replacing 220v compressor with 150v compressor would fix the problem. Additionally, he indicated 150v compressor will last for years as oppose to replacing with another 220v that would out again in about 2/3 years.

The government/retailers and manufacturers allow consumers to continuously be ripped off. It's called capitalism. Also switching tag from LG to Kenmore should be illegal similar to switching car VIN. There should be huge price paid by manufacturers and retailers with regards to selling products with known issues. LG not found in company list. Why?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I purchased a Kenmore Pro refrigerator in 2017. I was so happy I didn't get an LG with all the issues of them with cooling problems. That is of course until mine stopped cooling a few days ago. Took the back off just to find out it was an LG compressor. Luckily I caught it soon enough to have not have a loss of food but now here I sit with a very expressive 4yr old non-working refrigerator. After looking up information on this compressor I saw that there was a settlement for it and I could get an extended warranty to have it replaced at no cost but of course I can't find the receipt or any proof of purchase. All I have is pictures of the fridge and compressor and LG said without a receipt they won't help me. All I wanted was the faulty compressor replaced and they know it's faulty but all I got for help was "too bad, so sad". Guess I will NEVER purchase a Kenmore or LG ANYTHING ever again.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I purchased this refrigerator in late 2017, On July 11 it failed. I called Sears service and they scheduled an appointment and 2 days before the appointment they put me off another month until August 25. The technician came and replaced the compressor. Part was under warranty but not labor, I then purchased a 1 year appliance warranty for almost $1000.00. Well 2 days later it failed again and now they tell me they can’t get here for almost another 2 months, October 22. I would advise no one to purchase any Kenmore appliance. I am contacting our B. B. B. concerning this matter. They want your money but do not stand behind their products.

Kenmore Appliances author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Kenmore is a recognized brand in the appliance industry and has been around over 100 years. Kenmore offers high-quality refrigerators in a wide range of sizes and models at affordable prices.

• Variety: Kenmore offers a huge selection of appliances, from mini-refrigerators to giant, commercial appliances.

• Price: Kenmore has products at a number of different price points, including discount and luxury items.

• Warranties: Kenmore refrigerators are protected from damage or defects up to one year from the date of installation. Defective items will receive a full repair or replacement.

• Luxury models: Kenmore offers many top-of-the-line luxury models and options, such as french-cut doors with stainless steel construction and GeniusCool technology.

• Commercial products: Kenmore offers commercial products for restaurants and consumers who are in need of extra-large refrigerators.

Kenmore Refrigerators Company Information