Kenmore Refrigerators

Kenmore Refrigerators

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It has three shelves inside to easily stack the food for freezes. It even has a pull out drawer for extra storage. When food is kept in there it stays nice and cold. It is big like the size of a full-size fridge, except for the fact that it is all freezer. It has lots of space inside and very deep too. It is a tall, white, solid color freezer that is square in shape. It also needs a fairly big space to fit into. Overall it has great value and I would highly recommend this freezer. Since I bought it I have never had a problem with it. It runs nice and quietly.

It was more than what I expected and delivered on every aspect. Many people told me good things about it but I never expected. It was very cool and clean. All of my beverages in pristine condition. Down to the innovative edges and every inch and every parameter in just a structure of it was magnificent. It's very boldly made. I like it. The perceived value of the fridge is beyond measure and without boundary and you will not find another product that will live up to the expectations of this. I was very satisfied overall. I would definitely recommend to friends.

I have had my Kenmore refrigerator/freezer for a little more than ten years. It has never quit working on me, and I have only had to change the inside light bulb once in that time. My refrigerator/freezer always keeps my food fresh for a long time. It has plenty of room for all of my food. I can always buy fresh and frozen foods when they are on sale because I know that there is always enough space for lots of items. It is eggshell white and has a rich texture. It always looks very nice and is easy to clean. The inside is also easy to clean. I love the way it looks. My Kenmore refrigerator/freezer was purchased for a great price. Its value is excellent considering how well it has held up, how easy it is to clean, and especially the amount of use that I have gotten out of it.

I bought a Kenmore Elite refrigerator 3 1/2 years ago for $1500. Within the first few weeks, the motherboard went out. The repair guy said that it was a good thing it was on warranty because a new one would have been $900. Three plus years later, the seal system died. Compressor, good; motherboard, good; motor, good. Cooling, nada. Called Sears. I'm not under warranty. They want $99 to diagnose and couldn't be there for 3 days. Called another local repair with a great reputation. He checked it out, diagnosed the problem and said they should cover the seals for five years, but, even if they picked up the cost of the parts (what a warranty would do), it would still be $1200 to repair. Another repair company confirmed. He suggested I call Kenmore directly. That is impossible. You get routed back to Sears. I used to count on Kenmore for all my appliances. No more. What a piece of junk.

Purchased a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator 2.5 years ago. 3 Months ago the Ice maker started dripping water and freezing up. Cost 270.00 for a repair person to come out and "realign" the water feed to the ice maker. Now the entire unit is not getting cold. $400 worth of parts and a bill to me for $367 plus $99 service fee. The Kenmore Elite Over the stove Microwave purchased a 14 months ago, fan was staying on. Service fee was going to be an additional $249 for the service technician to look at it while he was already at my home. The phone center where you had to call would not discuss any other options and even had the nerve to keep me on the line every time I called trying to sell me a home warranty on appliances that are less than 3 years old!!!

Is that what we can expect from Kenmore? For their products to not even last a year after warranties run out? Based on the cost of the $500 a year warranty and $249 service call repair costs they must believe that their equipment will break down at least twice a year for the warranty to be effective or save the consumer money. I Think I will try another Brand.

I would give this negative stars if I could. We bought a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator with bottom freezer in September 2016. It totally stopped working on June 23, 2017 (8 months later). The earliest appointment they could give us was the following Friday, June 30th. Repairman thinks that it "may be the compressor" but can't get the parts until 7/21. We told him that was unacceptable and he was then able to find the parts and scheduled to return on 7/7. Just got a call from Sears saying that the parts are on back-order and the earliest they could schedule service is on 7/24.

I told them that I wanted a new refrigerator instead and was told that they could not replace it unless a repairman deemed it "unfix-able." I told them to send a repairman to verify that it was unfix-able because as far as I am concerned, if they don't have the parts to fix it, then it is unfix-able. Of course I was then told that they won't send anyone until the parts come in. So now we are without a refrigerator until July 24th and who knows if he can even fix it when he comes.

Over a month without a refrigerator is totally unacceptable. They do not seem to care either, but they will care when they are out of a job. Thank God that I didn't purchase the extra service plan - I am sure that is just as useless as their "warranty". No wonder they are closing Sears stores everywhere - it is disgraceful how they handle business and treat customers. Thankfully, my local Sears will be closing its doors soon, too bad they didn't before I bought my refrigerator. I wish that I had read the reviews prior to purchasing. I will never buy another thing from them again.

I will NEVER purchase nor will I recommend Kenmore Elite "Stainless Steel" appliances. First, the only "stainless steel" which exists is in the handles on all appliances, everything else is cheap metal. I bought in 2016 the Side-by-Side (both doors developed rust spots within one month), Dishwasher (outside door) developed rust spots, Microwave/Oven combo (both doors) developed rust spots, and Gourmet Hood, which developed rust spots and the lights no longer work. All I did was use the cleaner, which came with the appliances. I built a brand new house and everything within one month had rust.

I called Sears, well, guess what, I was over my 30 days so NO WARRANTY on the rust. I called the store and "We're sorry to hear that." No discount on my full purchase price either. My husband, who is a builder, said they are more than likely storing the appliances in a damp warehouse and it's cheap metal, as steel doesn't rust. In the past, I purchased GE Profile and no problems. Here I have a new house with old looking appliances.

Our "KENMORE ELITE" refrigerator is just 2 years old and we already need a new fan/controller. The technician said "they" (Lg) reprogramed the control board, which is now causing ice build-up around our fan, but we the consumer have to pay for it...way to run a company. NEVER buy a Kenmore product. Our old refrigerator (Frigidaire or GE...) was 15-20 yrs old and we didn't have any issues. Too bad that new technology is getting worse.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

My mother purchased the Kenmore refrigerator/freezer model #253.7060. After only 2 1/2 years of ownership, the compressor stopped working. The repairman said it be $666 to replace it, repair was not an option. That's the price of a new fridge! This is a poor product. I would not recommend its purchase.

Do NOT buy this refrigerator! I purchased the Kenmore Elite Bottom Freezer Refrigerator (Model 79574043410) in April 2015 from Sears. In the first month the fan quit working. Had that repaired. It is now 27 months later and the compressor has quit. Dead. This happened on a Thursday and a repair person could not be scheduled to come out until Tuesday. They do NOT work weekends! Fortunately I kept calling until they agreed to come on Monday. As I suspected and reported to them it was indeed the compressor. As stated by the service technician they have been having quite a few compressors on these go out. The compressor would have to be ordered and supposedly would be in by Wednesday but they cannot schedule a repair appointment in advance until they actually have the part.

It is now Thursday, a week from my initial request for repair and there is no compressor in sight. Hence no repair in sight as yet either. Luckily I purchased the extended warranty but in hindsight I am now stuck with this worthless appliance until 2020. I had to pay extra for counter depth when purchasing it and to now have a 2 yr old refrigerator with a dead compressor is despicable. By the way the max food loss allowance is $250.00 for a claim. I will never again buy another Kenmore product nor from a company that cannot reasonably get the parts and fix it in a timely manner!

When we purchased this refrigerator in June of 2015 as part of our kitchen remodeling project, we decided to invest a bit extra to get an appliance that was on the higher end of the product line as we wanted something formidable that would last and serve us well. After two years it would be difficult to be more disappointed with the decision to purchase this particular appliance. Though we haven't had an issue with the basic cooling function of the refrigerator or freezer, the rest of the items is slowly falling apart. The ice maker began to fail within a year and now it is completely non functional. The plastic that held the spring loaded door flange has broken off so we need to manually move the flange each and every time we close the refrigerator. Also, door compartments have broken off and need to be held on with tape.

This refrigerator is only two years old but parts have broken or snapped off as though it were many many years older. The overall engineering and choice of materials of this appliance is extremely poor and non durable, particularly for a higher-end model. I would strongly dissuade anybody that I cared about from making the same mistake we did in purchasing this refrigerator.

The Kenmore Elite Refrigerator Model # 795.7402.411 has fail twice in two years with the same error code Ef-rf. We had the service man out in June of 2016 and it was still under warranty but it was about to expire so we purchase a extended warranty. The Sears repairman said they were having a lot of problems with this unit. Well now a little over a year later my warranty is off and it stop working with the same error code. I called service and they stated that the warranty is over and another year contract would be over $300.00 for another year.

After reading the complaints about this type of fridge it seems that Sears is aware of the problem and they blame it on LG and there is nothing they can do because it is made in Korea and they are ripping us off by charging another $300.00. It is time they stand by their Sears Elite fridges and have LG come up with a resolution with no cost to the consumer. These fridges are not cheap. Maybe it time for a class action suit?

I bought my Kenmore Elite refrigerator in 2013 and purchased an extended three-year warranty but the warranty only goes to 2016 because the three-year was only actually a two year because it included the manufacturer's warranty - when I called the 800-number for help they told me I no longer had service on my refrigerator and there was not any repair man that would come to our area. I was told by someone who finally did look at my refrigerator that it was not cooling because of the sealed system's unit and should have a five-year warranty on that but I cannot seem to find anybody that will help me. I will never buy another Sears product as they are not helpful at all - when I do buy another refrigerator I will make sure that the warranty is what it says it is and that it has a sealed systems warranty and that a repairman will be available to come work on the refrigerator.

Ice maker mold cracked and calling Kenmore customer service, they said I would need a new ice maker. The plastic mold ($10 at most), cannot be purchased separately. Cost: $75 for the replacement unit. If we extrapolate, the next step will be for them to require replacement of the refrigerator if the interior light bulb needs replacing.

So the Kenmore Elite refrigerator that we purchased not so long ago is now breaking down. By breaking down I mean the ice machine part is physically breaking apart. I just found a huge piece of plastic in my glass. Please be aware if you own one!! Just imagine if the plastic was smaller...

Purchased a Kenmore Fridge from Sears which is manufactured by Electrolux. Purchased it in June 2016. Have had the repairman out four times for the same issue of not staying cold. They do not want to replace the fridge. They want to send repair person out a fifth time. It will be over a month without a fridge. This is not acceptable.

Purchased an expensive French Door Bottom refrigerator from Sears in Feb. of 2013. Last week it stopped working. Called the Sears Service and they said they will charge $99 to come out and then give an estimate for the repairs. They also tried to sell me their 5-year warranty for $324.0 which is sold for $150 by Home Depot and Lowe's. I called another repair service who charged me $65 to check the problem and said that compressor is not working would cost $750.00 to replace the compressor. We decided to junk the refrigerator and buy an LG two-door top freezer for $990. Will never again buy a Sears brand product.

We purchased this refrigerator less than three years ago. We had our first service call after 6 mos of ownership with a sensor and the freezer, the resistor defroster replaced. We then had to replace the freezer. My husband ordered the part and it came in used. He returned it for an exchange. The second one came in with a piece missing, which he was able to take off the broken one. Then the back panel froze up twice with a layer of ice under the bottom drawer. When this freezes, water flows out onto the floor. We unplugged it, defrosted it and raised the temperature. Just two weeks ago, it stopped getting cold. The Sear's service person was out here today. They would have to order a new compressor and another part because there is a Freon leak. The service charge would be $393.

After that could be fixed (2 weeks later) we would be looking at a new computer board to address the back panel freezing which would be $600. I have spoken with LG, and 4 departments through Sears. LG could not help because the name is Kenmore, although there is no dispute that it made by LG in Korea. The next four departments at Sears could not help because I have not purchased an extended warranty. The final department was the corporate level and the best they could do is offer Shop Your Way points. I know personally of two other people with the same product and the same issues. The service person stated that 2/3 of his calls were on this product. Sears is aware that there are problems with this LG refrigerator and are doing nothing about it. This panel should be part of a recall.

It was a bargain. We caught one on sale during income taxes time. The Kenmore refrigerator we bought was estimated around 900$ dollars but we got it 750 dollars at Lowe's. The refrigerator is made of chrome material and the size went perfect in my kitchen. I recommend it for a single couple or a couple with a lot of kids. Every food item we brought fit just well in the refrigerator and freezer. It also has a lot of room to store your sodas or water. I recommended to anyone who wants to know about it. You will feel good having it in your home.

My Kenmore Refrigerator is small and white with a freezer on top and a fridge on the bottom. It's an apartment size refrigerator but fits one month worth of groceries. I've had it for for 9 years and and it runs every day. It is very well made and uses less electricity. It's easy to clean and perfect for one person.

I had this unit before having children, so I had to upgrade. The fridge served us well up to that point... Never an ounce of problems with it. I just needed double doors and more space so I bought a new one. Got a great deal on this refrigerator! It was quite inexpensive but it served all our purposes. It was bright white and easy to keep clean. I loved the color cause it matched our other appliances. The unit provided my husband & I with plenty of space... Veggies & fruits in drawers and room for big watermelons on shelf. Kenmore is a great brand & our second refrigerator is also a Kenmore... We're very happy with it, too.

My experience with this device has been great, it is very resistant to dirt. Always keeps food fresh and is of low electric consumption. Very beautiful, practical and durable. I would recommend it to other people because it is a good investment. It's worth paying for this device.

It's the best performance refrigerator. It's very quiet and run very nice. It has very nice features to make the refrigerator the best of the brand out there. It's size is about what I would want. The refrigerator is very sturdy, heavy and very convenient to use. It has plenty of room to fit all of food items. The appearance is very basic, nice, premium and beautiful. I am highly satisfied with the value because it got to be the most affordable of all the refrigerator.

This refrigerator was the perfect size to meet all the needs of a mid-size family. Simple white color and nothing fancy but certainly a pleasant addition to any kitchen. I believe you can get other colors also to match any decor of your kitchen. Also, no thrills or frills but just perfect to meet your needs to keep your food safe and fresh. The value of a refrigerator is not only its purchase price but more importantly in its reliability and its reliability was beyond compare to other refrigerators we have owned. It has lasted for years and Kenmore is a brand to trust.

Our Kenmore Refrigerator has lots of space for food and compartments for different genres of food and keeps everything fresh and opened at a good length externally but also internally. It is a good size for my kitchen and was perfectly placed in a good spot and fit well. It is a great match for the colors in kitchen. Fridges usually don't come in that many colors but while white was not my favorite selection it was the cheaper choice. White is sort of dated and tends to look a little cheaper than a silver or black but besides that it matched everything in kitchen and went well with vibe for most part. I never had a problem with the fridge section or freezer section to the point where I had to call service or return it. It worked well. I think I got what I paid for.

This refrigerator is the best and it has a good appearance. Very bright, clean looking, wipes off with ease and does not stain at all. Definitely a nice look and it is the perfect size - not too big, not too small, just right. The inside has just the right amount of space to fit all of the essentials and more. Also, it keeps everything ice-cold and fresh. The value of this refrigerator, in my opinion, is good. It was purchased at a very reasonable price and has lasted a very long time. Absolutely no complaints. I would give the performance of this refrigerator 5 stars and I would absolutely recommend it.

Our Kenmore fridge is a very basic, low-price appliance. It is a white refrigerated box for keeping food in, the kind you'd find in a motel kitchenette or an inexpensive apartment. It's not appropriate for a family and you can't fit a great deal into it. Still, it's acceptable for a single person or a couple who want something utilitarian without any bells and whistles. Also, it would be good for a vacation home.

I trust this brand for my family and I believe that everyone else should as well. Very good customer service when needed, which is not often. My fridge is very, very reliable and I would recommend to anyone. My fridge does fit everything that I need to fit in there. The freezer portion is a little small which is my only complaint but the rest is absolutely perfect. The appearance is very modern and aesthetically pleasing. I've gotten so many compliments and it fits into my kitchen like a glove. It looks as if it was made for my kitchen when in reality I didn't get this fridge until many years after our house was built. The value is nicely priced. I get what I paid for and I believe that an expensive fridge just reiterates the reliability and sturdiness of the machine itself.

This is an awesome brand. We have tried many different brands and this is by far our favorite. We have had ours for 4 years and never had any issues with it. For a family of 7 this is the best fit for our needs. We can easily store our food and leftovers. We often buy meat in bulk and the freezer has plenty of room for us. I'm in love with the modern silver look to it. It fits perfectly in our kitchen and goes with anything. The inside is just as amazing as the outside. It's great for a modern day kitchen. At first I was sketchy to purchase a fridge for more than $100 because I just knew we would regret our decision. But I swear it was great for the price we paid. I don't regret our decision one bit now.

It's clean, plain, and kind of boring. But I like that it's white because it makes the kitchen bright. It's easy to wash, but ugly without kids pictures on it! But as far as functioning it was fine and it keeps my food cold. The price for this fridge was considerably cheap. Size-wise, it's a great refrigerator. I could fit a whole pizza box in it (unlike my side by side refrigerator now), and has lots of door storage. The downside to it being so spacious is that things get lost, and unfortunately, end up going bad.

This refrigerator was good quality, it was reliable. Would of enjoyed one of the stainless steel models with the sleeker look and more modern design, but this fridge was fine. It was easy to keep clean even though it's white. Also, it was a good size for my family (myself, husband, and one child). There was plenty of room and extra for everything we need. I tend to cool a few big meals on Sunday to last a few days and need to store it in large tupperware or pots and that can take up a lot of room but I had it with this fridge. We had it for years with no problems and I didn't feel like this fridge option was overpriced. I like this brand and it's a trusted name so I felt comfortable with what we were purchasing. I would recommend this fridge and this brand.

This fits well in my kitchen as I don't have a very large area designated for my refrigerator and I like the white color as it matches my other appliances. It withstands fingerprints and cleans up really well. My kids have all kinds of magnets on it and they don't mar the surface. Also, it holds all the food I need, even after going to the grocery. Tends to freeze things in the back but it works well. The freezer section is adequate and keeps food the proper temperature. It is a good refrigerator and it's over 6 years old. I feel like the price paid was fair for the product. The Kenmore name is a good one and I would have paid more for the quality and name.

Its black design makes it look amazing and gracious. It goes with all my pots and pans and any knick knacks I have to match. It also goes with or tiling in the kitchen and the handles on the door are nice and sturdy. Also, it's very spacious in both the top and the bottom of the fridge. You have the freedom to do the shelves at any level of spacing and it still fits a lot of food and drinks. The crisper drawers keep the veggies at a perfect temp and ice maker works great. I would recommend any fridge done by Kenmore. Even growing up I lived on these refrigerators and I don't remember them falling at any level or beating any other competitors.

Kenmore Refrigerators Company Profile