Kenmore Refrigerators

Kenmore Refrigerators

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Works great. Keeps food perfect! The freezer keeps everything ice cold. Love the space. Does not take up a bunch of unnecessary energy. Very economical and convenient. One of the best refrigerators I have ever had.

When I was growing up we always had Kenmore products because my Dad always bought the best for Mom. All their appliances, stove, fridge, washer, dryer were all Kenmore. Mom still only wants Kenmore. They were great because they lasted so long. I am 60 and Mom just replaced the Kenmore washer she had when I was about 25 or so.

I love Kenmore products. They are very high quality and a brand you can count on. My refrigerator works great, has the right temperatures and plenty of room. I would definitely buy another in the future.

The quality of the fridge leaves much to be desired. I admit that I didn't do my research because I was in a rush and just trusted the name. I wasn't aware that LG was the manufacturer of the Kenmore Elite or I would have know to avoid it. The fridge looks great on the outside and at first glance on the inside, however when you open and close the draws they feel as they are about to break. My fridge is 2.5 years old and water was leaking from the bottom. I figured it's the copper hose that feeds the unit but discovered the unit itself was leaking. Upon inspection of the internal hoses I can see cracking in multiple areas of the white hose that feeds the water to the ice maker as well as the hose that feeds the water dispenser. My fridge is doing its job at keeping frozen as well as fresh food fresh bit I paid for more features that just don't work. Save your money and avoid this fridge!!

I recently bought a Kenmore refrigerator to be exact 5 months ago and it's already not working! How is this possible? How can you spend your hard earned money on a product that will break down on you in less than 5 months? I called for repairs and was told why I didn't add a protection plan. WHY should I! I shouldn't have to worry about something so expensive breakdown on me so fast. After throwing away all the food that went bad I had to wait 4 days for a technician. I was greeted with a very smelly, rude and ignorant man that did nothing but tell me that he needed to order a motor and left.

I called Sears Repair and was told I had to wait another 3-5 days for the motor to come in and then... Make an appointment for another technician to come in. So what do I do for food? Eat out a can for a week? Will I be reimburse for all the breakfast, lunch and dinners I have to pay for until they fix my broken down expensive new refrigerator? I am beyond disappointed with this issue. I will gladly forward my receipt if requested but at this time I do not have it. Item was bought at Sears (Cottman Plaza) in Northeast Philadelphia PA on 8/7/2016.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Kenmore Side by Side Refrigerator Model 106 51103 111 - I purchased this refrigerator on 6/29/12 and it was delivered to my home on 7/11/12. On Saturday, 1/14/17, it quit cooling. My service repairman came on Monday, 1/16/17 and found that the compressor was bad. This refrigerator has not even been in my home for 4-1/2 years and it's shot. Sears was not willing to do anything to correct this problem saying the compressor only has a 1 year warranty. They did offer a 10% off coupon toward my next Kenmore purchase. I will never buy anything else at Sears. They sell appliances that are inferior and they don't care about their customers. That is why Sears is in trouble. They could have offered to pay 50% of the repair for a new compressor. My service repairman said I would be better off buying a new refrigerator, so I did - NOT A KENMORE!!!

My refrigerator died 2 days ago. Sears sent over a repairman and he said the condenser passed yesterday. So now we have to wait to see if we can replace it or repair it. The Kenmore refrigerator was a good deal for a while, but when 3 repairmen from Sears couldn't figure out how to stop a leaky dispenser then I knew something was about to go wrong fast.

We made the horrible mistake of buying all Kenmore Elite appliances at Sears in April of 2015. The nightmare started with the delivery of some of our appliances where we were literally stood up by the delivery service on 3 different occasions, no call, no show... My husband and I were both working freelance jobs at the time. If we don't work, we don't get paid, so you can imagine how frustrating it was when we had to repeatedly take time off for these clowns to grace us with their presence, only to have them not even have the courtesy to call and cancel. They have zero respect for their customers.

We had issues with our washer machine a month after purchasing it and now our $2500 Kenmore Elite refrigerator has suddenly stopped working. To kick it up a notch, a technician was supposed to come today to "diagnose" the issue for $99, but surprise, no call, no show. He was supposed to arrive between 3pm-6pm, so I again took off of work and waited around all day. At one point I logged into my appointment page and saw they had pushed his arrival window to between 6:45pm and 8:45pm. Knowing them and their horrid track record, I even called to make sure he was still going to come today and explained how I had taken off of work and couldn't take another day off, etc. The woman on the phone supposedly put me on hold while she called my technician to confirm and then told me he was definitely still coming and would call me when he was on his way... He never called.

Later on I checked my email and at 7pm they emailed me to say my appointment had now been cancelled and rescheduled for Monday. I called them right away to ream them out and the best they could do for my inconvenience was give me 20% off on whatever the cost of the service will be. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM SEARS. I could write a novel on the hell they have put us through. They DO NOT CARE about their customers and their products are complete garbage. Even their own repairman, that fixed our washer machine, told me their products are cheaply made in Korea and to stay away from them and LG (which is who makes Kenmore appliances)! It's sad because they used to be a good, dependable company, but they are nothing but con artists now.

I cannot express how dissatisfied I am with my Kenmore refrigerator and Kenmore as a company. At 13 months the control board and door seals needed to be replaced. At 15 months insulation parts had to be replaced. At 17 months drain lines had to be replaced as well as door seals again! I emailed Kenmore 4 times and NEVER got a response. This is the French door refrigerator with the extra drawer in the center. I bought it because of the Kenmore name and the large cubic footage (28+). This will be the last Kenmore product I ever buy!

Poorly made, does not stand up to everyday use. I didn't have this refrigerator long before the ice crusher mode went out, shelf cracked that holds the deli drawer, door shelf that holds milk broke, and now the ice maker is leaking. What else is going to happen before it goes out. I am going back to my Amana. No more kenmores for me.

We bought this fridge new at a scratch and dent appliance center. It was delivered on September 23 and by January 7 it stopped working efficiently after 115 days. The service tech says it is a bad/leaking evaporator, so we are awaiting news of what will happen next. A Major inconvenience to say the least. We have gone to the dealer once already today and will need to return to negotiate what happens next. The warranty was only for 90 days, so hopefully we can work something out.

I received poor customer service with a new refrigerator that worked for about 6 weeks! My new refrigerator stopped cooling. (Bottom freezer still worked fine.) I ended up throwing out a lot of food in my refrigerator. A technician was sent to my house who replaced a few parts thinking it was the thermostat. Fridge worked again. A few days before Christmas, we went to visit friends for a few days and returned to find that all of my food that I had bought for Christmas (around $500) was garbage. The fridge was up to 55 degrees and the freezer was at 6 degrees. That was about 6 weeks after the first time the technician came.

My frustration was that nobody cared or could even suggest anything for me to do other than wait on a technician! I have been 2 weeks without a fridge and was told yesterday that the technician would order more parts! I have just redone my kitchen and this fridge has been a nightmare! I fear that when I unplug it, I will get water over my new flooring. It is so disheartening to spend so much on an appliance like this and to feel like you just need to garbage it and move on because nobody cares!

This sears refrigerator has served us very well for 30 years. Only problem is that we have repaired icemaker twice in 30 years! The repair man who fixed the ice maker told us "they don't make them like this anymore." Very satisfactory refrig.

Ice maker had black chunks of plastic coming off of tray into ice. Had it replaced and the new one did the exact same thing - conveniently after the warranty for the new ice maker expired - so now we have to pay to replace it. I spoke to 4 people at customer service and no one was willing to help us because it was no longer "under warranty". The fact is they put in a faulty product knowing full well that we would have the same problem again after the warranty had expired. Our family will never buy from Kenmore or Sears again. So disappointed.

We have a 3 year old Kenmore refrigerator that has not worked since 12-18-16. Under warranty, but they won't be here to fix it till Jan 12th. That will be 6 days short of a month. It is a Lemon and they won't do anything more than say they will be here on Jan 12th. What good is a warm refrigerator? What would happen if the manager had one go out? I will NEVER buy appliances again from Sears.

I purchased a Sears Kenmore refrigerator 3 1/2 years ago for almost $3000. I didn't buy the extended warranty because in my mind I spent enough money and I thought Kenmore was a reputable product. The refrigerator that it replaced was a Kenmore and it was already 15 years old and never had one single problem. It is now in the garage. In October of this year, the new one stopped cooling. We had a service guy come out and he said it was a sealed compartment issue and I needed to have a Sears technician come out. I googled it and found that there was some success with unplugging it and waiting 4 hours, then plugging it back in. I did this and it did work, for about a month.

I called Sears when it stopped working again and explained I knew it was not functioning properly because the first thing that happens is that it stops making ice. I told them that I had an independent repair guy come out and he said it was a "sealed system" problem. This is covered for 5 years under the manufacturers warranty. The lady I talked to said it wasn't and that I needed to buy the only warranty they offered which was a one year warranty for $300. They sent a guy out. He diagnosed a problem that wasn't covered under the manufacturers warranty but would be covered under the $300 warranty that I just purchased. It took over a week to have him back out to fix it (yes they don't come with the parts on their truck) and replaced the "defective" part and said if it doesn't work by the end of the day to call back. It didn't work.

They sent out the same guy a week after that and he said it now was the sealed system and would be covered under the original warranty. He told us we should call and cancel the extended warranty. We waited well over a week for another guy to fix it and it took him 4-5 hours but it is working. He said we should call and cancel the extended warranty. I called and they will not refund me the $300 because the 1st repairman came out and replaced a part that wasn't under the original warranty. I explained that it also wasn't the problem. It didn't matter. I will never shop at Sears again and will share my story as often as I can.

I bought a Kenmore elite refrigerator in Oct of 2015. With master plan warranty. Fridge quit working in sept 2016 not even a year old!!! Told to defrost it completely. Lost all my food about 500 dollars of food loss (I shop bulk), sent receipt of food, just bought 5 days; prior to fridge going out they sent me 200 dollars. Then again fridge went out 1 month later; lost food again. They refused to cover food loss again. Now 2 months with no fridge they expect you to be ok with nothing offer that you can try to find a rental. No rentals available at our local Sears... master warranty, no fridge, living out of an ice chest, missed thanksgiving, now it's almost x-mas.

Finally they deemed it unrepairable. They're not even replacing my fridge. They are crediting my account at half the cost of same refrigerator... they claim it's not their fault. Prices have gone up since I purchased my fridge and there's depreciation. I BOUGHT MASTER PLAN supposedly the best, and full guarantee... (obviously someone is lying); SEARS. Are rip offs, so to get the same fridge I have to pay almost a 2000 dollar difference.

NEVER. BUY. FROM SEARS - THEY WILL SCREW YOU. They're dirty liars. All I have heard is, "Sorry for your inconvenience." 2 months no fridge. (family of 5) Their repair people order wrong parts, 2-week waiting period to get next tech out. 1-hour phone calls every time. Just to talk to someone to try to get help. Supposedlybought top fridge out there.

So don't buy a Kenmore elite or ever buy from Sears. Many many years ago they used to be good - Not anymore. They're dirty liars. If it was easy believe me. I would love to sue them for what I and my family have been through. No one should ever be treated like this. Dirty dirty dirty liars. If all stop going there their business will go bankrupt which would be a blessing and their karma for doing such wrong to people - horrible experience. More than once. Problem with my situation they will not refund my money to me; only store credit **. I paid cash. Have receipt. I don't want to buy from them ever again. Help! And refuse to let them just keep my money for free. I hate them. Please don't get in my pickle. Save yourself. Never go there.

What a POS. I paid over $1500 for this appliance. Ran fine for about 20 months. It started freezing vegetables in the refrigerator compartment, and then it stopped cooling altogether. Troubleshot it myself--condenser. Paid $99 to have a diagnostic code interpreted over the phone--condenser. They insisted on sending out a technician for another $99, who found the problem was--you guessed it--the condenser. It's taken 2 weeks to get the part and the technician won't be back to install it for another week. That will cost another $200+. Fortunately the CONDENSER!!! is covered, but the labor and diagnostic rigmarole are not. I did not pay for extra warranty coverage so saved about $700 but I am furious that the labor on this piece of junk is not covered.

Refrigerator section of 16 month old "Elite" refrigerator quit working. Found out the evaporator had frozen up and cold air would not circulate to cool refrigerator section. Called tech out to repair and he mentioned that the refrigerator was "programmed" on the original control board to circulate air when in defrost mode. This causes the evaporator to eventually freeze up and block air movement and also freeze up the fan that circulates the air. When this happened, it caused the control board to malfunction also. Needless to say, had to replace control board to updated version and also replace panel and fan unit, $800.00 repair! Kenmore/LG knows about this programming fault but didn't offer to pay to fix it! BEWARE!!

A great fridge, that is easy to clean. Never had the freezer become iced over. Only thing I would have done different is to get the fridge with the built in water and ice dispenser. But if you don't need that, then this is the fridge you want. It does everything for our family of four, but sometimes wish the freezer was a little larger to fit larger amounts of beef. But this is why we have a stand alone freezer. We like to buy half sides of beef. I love the stainless steel look of the fridge and how easy it is to clean. I will never buy another fridge that isn't stainless steel. This is the best. Beautiful. Best bang for the buck. Bigly! Best looking fridge with the best features at the best price. Number one fridge on the market in my view.

This is a nice basic refrigerator. It doesn't have the frill like other models but it works and that's all you need. Kenmore is a well-known name and one you can count on. My refrigerator is a basic model with the freezer on the bottom. It's the perfect size for a small family wanting just the basics. It has no frills but it's a workhorse made to last. The refrigerator is plain with no water device on the front. It's just the right size for a small family or empty nesters. It's also sturdy looking. The price of this refrigerator is great. It's the basic model so it doesn't cost as much as the fancy models. If you compare prices then you will see Kenmore is the brand to buy.

Both of the compartments allowed enough space for many food items and the freezer compartment had enough space for many different sizes of frozen food items. Temperature was consistent in both the refrigerator and freezer compartments. The refrigerator was the perfect size to hold enough food for the entire family. The appliance fit in very nicely with the decor and ambience of our family kitchen. The color blended just beautifully with all the other appliances in the family kitchen. I would rate the value of this appliance very high. It exceeded the manufacturers requirements and helped to lower the amount of wasted food from spoilage. It saved a lot of money.

Since owning this refrigerator we have never had a problem with it. Keeps food equally cooled and frozen. Very quiet which has been a big plus for us. Easy accessibility for our children. Size has been a big plus for this model and one of the reasons we made the purchase. Compartments are very spacious which allows for more room in other areas.

We love the stainless steel finish. Gives it a modern design which accents our kitchen very well. Also easy to clean because of the appearance. We have had many compliments on the look and feel of the unit. Happy with the value. We did a lot of shopping around before choosing this particular unit. Seems to save more energy cutting down on our electric bill as well. For the quality of the refrigerator it is a great value for the money.

This refrigerator has premium space efficiently at a great price point. Every product has a place, making it rare to "lose" food due to it being out of sight. The temperature stayed consistent throughout use, and power surges had no effect. Great product! The size is a little bit on the bigger side for me, small kitchens aren't optimal for this product. In a bigger kitchen there would have been no negativity from me. This refrigerator is classy! Very simplistic at first glance, not ostentatious. Appearance is basic but reaches out to a specific customer. After browsing and comparing many refrigerators, the value of this specific product is amazing. The space to price ratio makes this a quality purchase.

It is easy to set up and keeps at the temperature that I set it at. The design of the freezer is perfect for my needs. I especially like that the temperature controls are very easy to get at. The size of the refrigerator is just right for me. The freezer section has more than enough room for anything I need to put into it. I do wish that the options of where to place the shelves in the lower part of the refrigerator were more numerous.

It is just the right height for me as I am not very tall. I am able to reach every inch of it with very little trouble. The outside of the refrigerator has plenty of room for anything that you may want to put onto it. I think that the refrigerator is definitely worth what I paid for it. In fact I am pretty sure that I got the refrigerator for less than it is worth. It is big enough for a family but not so big that it dominates a kitchen.

Amazing! Multiple customization option, made with stainless steel to insulate amazingly. Not to mention the fact that it is extremely stylish. Amazing size, fits into my kitchen with room to spare. For such a small fridge it holds so much! It has dedicated sections for fruits, etc. It looks like it is straight out of the future. With its sleek design and multi-door design. A little bit over priced, but if you have the extra money go for it! It has everything you need and would want from a fridge. It also goes on sale sometimes.

It was a great fridge. Having the bottom freezer drawer was the best feature. It wasn't a ton of room, but access was easy and very convenient. The price is okay, if a little high, but they run sales during the holidays sometimes. Would buy again. Not the greatest amount of room in the freezer. There was more space in the fridge section to make up for it. Ice in the freezer bottom was convenient and roomy.

The look was totally a selling point. The finish resisted a lot of fingerprints, and helped the fridge look neat. It was easy to keep clean. I liked the look. The fridge was a little on the high side (we didn't purchase during a sale). I would say it was worth it if you get to keep it for long enough. The price could come down a little. Would like to see it lower.

No service calls concerning refrigerator, self-defrost feature performs extremely well. Interior is spacious with adjustable shelves. Would recommend to family and friends as a dependable appliance. The adjustable shelves are a convenience I enjoy based on different sizes of containers used for refrigeration. Exterior is easy to clean with very little effort required. The streamline handles make it ideal for almost any design style. Would recommend for spaces that are not large enough for the side-by-side models. Regular price of appliance is reasonable but would look for discount or sale to obtain a better cost. Sales people are knowledgeable about appliances and any additional promotional sales.

I love the size, reliability. I have had my refrigerator for several years and it still works and looks like it is new. I would recommend this brand to anyone. The way that the refrigerator is made it allows you to adjust shelves and move them around according to each person's needs. My refrigerator has the no fingerprint stainless steel finish. It is easy to keep clean. I would buy another refrigerator with this same finish. The value is great. For the amount that I originally paid for the fridge and the years that I have owned the fridge it works out to about a $100.00 dollars a year. And with each year that annual cost goes down.

Dependable. Reliable. Worked well for many, many years. Never had a problem with it. Was easy to clean and keep up too. Would still have it, but sold our home with our appliances. Freezer was deep enough to store at least two weeks supply of meats and frozen vegetables. The main refrigerate was very well shelved. Held a lot of drinks, condiments, lunch meats and leftovers. Standard size, top freezer, bottom main refrigerate. White in color. Easily wiped clean. Sturdy and well made. Didn't scratch easily or dent, tarnish easily. I cannot recall the exact amount that we paid. But, I do recall it was not very expensive. We got a very good deal on it. And was very satisfied that it worked so well.

Kenmore Refrigerators Company Profile