3.73/5
Based on 335 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

Kenmore Appliances Video
Kenmore Appliances Gallery (1)
B-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 13, 2018

2349 Kenmore Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 13, 2018

I bought Kenmore Elite fridge. For only a couple of years, it has so many problems. First the plastic door holder broke, and they are not cheap to replace. So far I spent at least a couple of hundred dollars to replace them. Then the door near ice/water hold starts to rust. The worst quality fridge. If there is 0 star, I would put that as 0.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I purchase Kenmore Elite refrigerator with bottom freezer 5/12/15 approx.: $ 1,500.00, the first few week foods on the shelves was freezing. I called Sears and after long waiting technician came and stated "the temperature has defect." He change the temperature from 0/37 to 8/46. The condition did not improved and I did call again, but fruitless. Now the refrigerator smell toxic odor and give me headache. I called Sears, and finally repairman arrived, and stated "the inside foam is defect. It needs to be replaced and cost $ 550.00." I told him this is manufacture defects as Sears has 10 years warranty for defects. He refused to replace the foam. I am very unhappy with Sears appliances, I cannot afford to buy new refrigerator, I am senior citizen with low income. This is abuse, unfair, and it is Sears responsibility to not sell defect appliances, instead take advantages from elders. Shame to Sears...

Original review: April 10, 2018

We purchased four Kenmore applications 3 years ago… to my disappointment the refrigerator stopped working and I did not get an extended warranty. I thought if I was investing my hard earned money on a name like Kenmore it would last longer than that. But to my amazement even when I’m paying to have it fixed I have to wait 1 weeks to get it fixed. We took time off to get it fixed just to get a call at 4:00 that he’s not coming. Now we have to wait another 8 days before they come. I do not recommend anyone to purchase Kenmore appliances. We are not happy nor are we satisfied with their service or products.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I bought a Kenmore refrigerator (freezer on top, model 106.6093) in October 2011. Six and a half years later the compressor no longer works. It would cost $440 to replace, plus labor and removing the old refrigerator. I will be buying a new refrigerator, different brand. I bought Kenmore products for years. Their quality has clearly deteriorated. Also, when I called about the compressor I was shunted to 5 different "telephone trees." I never reached a live person who could offer anything but the option to purchase a new compressor - after 6 years I no longer have a warranty, but certainly customers expect a refrigerator to last longer than 6 years.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I purchased a new home a little over a year ago. My ice maker and water dispenser quit working in my Kenmore refrigerator. Now a month later my Kenmore dishwasher does not drain. Repairman came out $175.00 and it is still not working. I will never purchase a Kenmore product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: March 16, 2018

We have bought Kenmore products for decades, but will never ever buy another appliance with the Kenmore name. After reading some of the reviews by other consumers, I think that Kenmore has “deceived buyers.” Kenmore appliances are not made by Kenmore. We bought a new refrigerator 2 years ago that cost more than $2,000. 9 months after installing this refrigerator the ice maker went out under warranty. It took more than 4 months for it to be fixed. Waiting for an ice maker replacement and then getting the wrong one and waiting another couple months for the right replacement.

The service technician told us that the fridge was made by LG and that all Kenmore appliances were made by other companies. We then had problems with our Kenmore labeled microwave (1 month after the one year warranty had expired). I called Sears to complain and their customer service representative told me it was my fault because I didn’t purchase the extended warranty. She was so rude and wouldn’t let me talk so I ended up hanging up on her. Now one year later this now 2 year old, $2,000+ refrigerator has stopped working. I refuse to put more money into this fridge just to have it stop working again. We have a nephew that had this same fridge and had to replace it when it was 5 years old. This is unacceptable. Today we will be buying a new fridge.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I like Kenmore because it’s made by Sears and this white, wide top, side by side, frost free refrigerator is next day free delivery. It's with a 10 yr warranty which is the best deal I've seen in years.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I chose Kenmore because my mom has one. I liked the brand and it had features I was looking for. The price was good for the type of appliance it is. It is practical, easy, and slim. It has gallon door bins, adjustable shelving and door bins, 25 cu. ft. of capacity, frost-free freezer, built-in water filter, ice maker, can fit tall bottles and wide ones, tight sealing doors, humidity-controlled and clear crisper drawers, and adjustable spill-proof glass shelving. However, the stainless-steel is hard to keep clean, fingerprints are always on the fridge or smudges. And sometimes the drawers come out fast or fall out of the door, and small items slide around the door if there are gaps.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I buy exclusively Kenmore for all my kitchen and vacuum needs, they run good and I even have a 30 year old washer and dryer still working. I love Kenmore products and this frig is perfect, cools very well and it's big enough for my family size. I love the lower vegetable bins. I line them with white garbage bags so when they get dirty I change the bag. But when it's running the motor is somewhat louder than I would like since our kitchen is one room with living room and I have to turn up the TV to hear it.

Original review: March 6, 2018

There was a sale going on at the same time we needed a fridge and Kenmore was a name we recognized. It's just the one that we saw that looked like the right fit for our family, and this refrigerator hasn't let us down yet. Sometimes the door on our refrigerator doesn't seal closed the way that it should, though this has never lead to any problems. But this could probably be improved. But other than that, I like how well the Kenmore Refrigerator works, most of all. It also has the perfect amount of storage for our needs.

Original review: March 6, 2018

The refrigerator had good reviews and was on sale. I had positive previous experiences with this brand and it is still one of the best because it never disappoints function for style. I like the glass changeable shelves and ice maker located in door along with the water dispenser and the vegetable bins hold a good amount of produce and the fruits and vegetables keep well with the lettuce is crispy, nice and cold. However, I would like there to be more size offerings without sacrificing the options available in larger full size models like ice making capacity. Especially for apartment living.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Sears had a lot of models we could look at in the store and the service plan was reasonable. I liked that the model we purchased had wire shelves rather than all glass shelves which was what we needed. Wire shelves were easier to keep clean and you didn't have to worry about scratches. I liked everything about the Kenmore refrigerator but it could have been shorter and wider for us short people.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Kenmore refrigerator was on sale and was the cheapest model for all the aspects of a refrigerator we wanted. It also was the biggest we could afford at the time so we had to make do. The refrigerator has plenty of space for everything you can imagine and keeps everything at the right temperature. It has a water dispenser and an ice maker too. Although I wish the freezer was a little bigger. It is smaller than the fridge. And I would have liked a different color but this was all they had. Overall, it has ran great and has definitely met our expectations.

Original review: March 6, 2018

It had the features that I was looking for and it also allows me to store more food with all of the extra capacity space. It has many innovative features and great features which greatly serve my food purposes. I like all of the extra freezer space as well as extra door bins and the two side by side refrigerator doors. I also like the way it cools at different settings. It also has a well-lit interior design and it is very easy to clean the glass shelves and allows me to separate fruits and vegetables.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Kenmore has below average craftsmanship. I wanted a refrigerator that had the freezer on top and fit into my space. I did not want an ice maker as I live in a 4th floor condo and did not want to worry about leakage to the apartment below. The door handle broke off after 1-3 months of use. I received about 6 handles from Sears while it was under the one year warranty but when the year was up Sears' only option was to buy the extended warranty. The refrigerator has worked well but design flaw of the handle was very disappointing.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Kenmore was the cheapest when comparing it to other brands that had the same features. Kenmore is a trusted brand and this fridge was on sale. I was more concerned with the price and the value than what specific features it has. I like the features and the space in this refrigerator. There is plenty of space especially in the freezer which is great for my needs. But I wish it had sturdier shelving units and maybe it coming in different colors.

Original review: March 6, 2018

My Kenmore refrigerator was a second-hand gift from my father when he purchased a new, smaller refrigerator after my mother passed. The refrigerator works well for many years and is very roomy. When the shelves are arranged efficiently, everything fits nicely. The freezer had lots of space for food and ice and enough space for large soda bottles and multiple gallon jugs. The freezer freezes quickly and refrigerator keeps foods at a safe temperature.

Original review: March 6, 2018

This is my first time ever owning a Kenmore. We just recently bought our house and the person selling it had just purchased the Kenmore and included it with the sale of the house. I love the side by side fridge and freezer. There is plenty of space on both. I also love the in-door ice maker. It is easy and convenient to empty when needed. The only thing I have an issue with is the slowness of the ice maker itself. Other than that, I absolutely love my Kenmore. I am, overall, extremely happy and satisfied with my Kenmore.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Mom always used and spoke positively about her Kenmore appliances. My initial expectations were met because the appliance was very nice and looked very good. The refrigerator was installed easy. Also, all the drawers and compartments were easy to understand, and clean. I like the reliability - never had refrigerator repaired. I like the ergonomic handle - easy to open & easy on the hand. I like the effective crisper drawer - keeps produce fresher. I like the temperature control dial, can turn temperature down when I am gone for an extended period. However, I would improve the length and width of some compartments on the interior door to fit a wider range of containers. I would also improve the seal on the door because it no longer seals closed as good as when it was new. I would make the entire refrigerator scratch proof.

Original review: March 6, 2018

The refrigerator came with the home I bought. It was reliable and lasted a long time but wish it had a better defrosting of the freezer. Other than that I experienced no mechanical breakdowns in many years.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Large freezer, able to fit several weeks of food, helpful for large families. Indoor ice maker and water, extremely nice feature. City water was filtered without an extra system being installed. And no extra freezer space taken up by trays. Large deep freezer drawers for extra storage. Adjustable containers in door made it easier for more storage in the main fridge. Allowing for bulky items such as milk or pitchers to be stored in the doors. Cleaning was simple, with parts all being removable. Parts dismantled and reassembled easily. Large and bulky making delivery difficult. However, replacement parts were expensive. Also, no color choices other than white were available.

Original review: March 6, 2018

My girlfriend always wanted a Kenmore refrigerator and it was tax time. We had a great deal and was going to get the one that had the see through front but decided on the one we got. I have always been told that they were a very dependable brand. I like that it was strong, looked like steel, had lots of capacity and had the freezer at the bottom. I'm just getting used to the freezer being switched around. However, the fridge dented my pocketbook.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I could purchase it thru Sears Outlet for reasonable price and I could adjust temperature for maximization for freshness. I also like how the shelves were spaced for easy access and the ice maker was quiet. I like the size of the refrigerator for a single person. I liked the size of the drawers and the freezer was roomy. But I would improve on the stainless steel finish so that it does not leave smudges and drips so easily and I would also improve on the humidity feature on the drawers.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I have a Kenmore refrigerator in a rental home. There was plenty of room and I like the spacing on the shelves. I was able to move some of the shelving around as well to adapt it to my needs. However the freezer was too small and it did not have an ice maker. If I purchase another Kenmore I will make sure to have the ice maker a part of it, look for one with a bigger freezer, adaptability on the shelving and a lot of room in the doors for condiments. But the ref was fine that I always comparison shop and by the main model that impresses me the most at the time.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I liked the fact that the Kenmore Refrigerator had rollout trays and that the bins were clear. I also liked the shelves on this model. The light inside was nice. It was more clear and brighter than the other models. However, one of the things that I didn't like was that the doors are hard to keep open. Nevertheless, I chose the Kenmore Refrigerator due to the overall appearance of the brand versus the other brands and the price was enticing as well. I also liked the fact that it was the color that I wanted, stainless steel.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Kenmore is a well known brand and been around for s long time. It has met my initial expectations but it is a little noisy when the ice maker is making and dispensing ice. I compared it to Samsung before my purchase and in the end the lower price swayed my decision. It has a good amount of storage room in the freezer and the ice maker always keeps us in full supply. I appreciate the clear movable shelves which give me the opportunity to change the configuration based on what I have in the refrigerator. But while the overall dimensions are 26 cubic feet I would like more storage in the freezer. The space is good, but would like it to be a little wider. Also the in-door pantry is good, but again not as spacious as I would like.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Kenmore is a well-known brand. We have always heard that Kenmore is a great product and even when I was a child, my parents bought Kenmore appliances. We have a very small kitchen and Kenmore was one of only a few products that had the right size that we needed. We couldn't beat the price at the time and my parents had a Kenmore refrigerator too. Our Kenmore refrigerator lasted 10 years with 2 kids and a husband that were constantly opening and closing it. It was also very spacious to keep a lot of food and it never leaked like the refrigerator that I have now. But we would have liked an ice maker instead of having to make ice cubes on a daily basis since there's 4 people in my house. Nevertheless, we would buy a Kenmore again.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Wife and I needed a new refrigerator and there just happened to be a sale on Kenmore appliances and we both liked the color and it was available for immediate delivery. Price was right for me at the time as well. I like the large capacity with separate crisper drawers, large freezer compartment well-lighted, on-door compartments and the ability to switch the door to open either way. But make them easier to clean. I would also improve the door compartments to fit larger items on the door rack and lighting in the freezer compartment could be better.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I like that the Kenmore Refrigerator has a sleek style, good functions, long lasting, worth the money and great space for all produce. The company itself is very warming, friendly, social, and prepared for all and any questions you may have about their products. They are straightforward and upfront about their products and what they offer. So you get the proper one up front instead of having to purchase another one right away. My family has always used this brand and trusted it so based on their advice I trusted them as well. The brand has only gotten better throughout the years and is only getting better as well as their products and technology behind them as well as basic functions.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I was always aware that the Kenmore brand was considered among the top brands and the pricing was better than comparable brands. I could get the model I wanted for the price I was able to pay. The delivery was also free. I had the side by side Kenmore refrigerator model. I liked the feature that allowed you to get water through the door without opening the refrigerator. I liked the specially air controlled containers that kept these vegetables and fruits fresh longer. I liked the adjustable shelves which made it easier to position my various foods. Shelves were easy to remove and easy to clean. However, I would have liked more room in the freezer for larger frozen foods. I sometimes found that I could not fit a large turkey or cake into the freezer. I also found the freezer part harder to clean than the refrigerator and get into the small spaces. Other than that, I was very happy with my Kenmore refrigerator.

Kenmore Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Kenmore is a recognized brand in the appliance industry and has been around over 100 years. Kenmore offers high-quality refrigerators in a wide range of sizes and models at affordable prices.

• Variety: Kenmore offers a huge selection of appliances, from mini-refrigerators to giant, commercial appliances.

• Price: Kenmore has products at a number of different price points, including discount and luxury items.

• Warranties: Kenmore refrigerators are protected from damage or defects up to one year from the date of installation. Defective items will receive a full repair or replacement.

• Luxury models: Kenmore offers many top-of-the-line luxury models and options, such as french-cut doors with stainless steel construction and GeniusCool technology.

• Commercial products: Kenmore offers commercial products for restaurants and consumers who are in need of extra-large refrigerators.

• Best for: Homeowners, businesses and restaurants interested in purchasing a refrigerator.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs