Kenmore Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Kenmore Refrigerators

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Kenmore Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: June 14, 2022

My ice maker leaked and froze my lower freezer doors. We have done all the recommended repairs. This refrigerator is crap. It has never worked and now we need to replace it. Garbage. Garbage. Garbage.

Original review: May 14, 2022

Used Kenmore products for better than 40 yrs but no more, less than 90 days, repaired twice purchased in Jan 2022, repaired 02/2022 and 03/2022 with no parts available. Now replacing with another brand

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2022

Kenmore refrigerator come defective from the factory. I purchased the refrigerator five years ago and broke down 7 times. The customer support is the worst I have experienced. They laughed at my predicament and Extorted more money for me.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Bought this fridge and matching stove 3yrs ago. I purchased this brand, as did much research on reviews of Kenmore. With that and feeling Sears had a quality product, I purchased them. Three years later, my fridge went totally out. I had no reason to think a Kenmore would crash in 3 years. Threw out hundreds of dollars in food. And this is where things go horribly wrong.

There is no longer a warranty, it’s only a year. Sears wants $1700 to repair. I don’t have a $$ tree in my yard. So then I bought a Choice Home warranty. The rep on the phone said, "No worries ma’am, this is covered." I told him it was already out. Waited my 30 days, and filed a claim. They send out the same tech as Sears. He’s in the house 3 minutes, tops. Calls me to say they won’t cover it. Pre-existing condition. I’ve now paid for 2 service calls. And no working fridge still.

I turn to Kenmore and reach out for help. I gave them 2 voices, either fix my fridge for free or replace with a comparable fridge to what I have. The man chose to repair it. Five phone calls later, "Yes it’s in your file, diagnostic fee waived, no charges on parts and labor." But, yesterday, the tech calls wanting to know if I still want him there. He has no paperwork that there’s no charge. Mind you, Kenmore set this up and supposedly wrote notes.

I called Kenmore. "Oh yes, it’s right here, no charges." He says, "I’ll send this over for your tech." Hours later, he don’t have this to come fix it. I call back. Now, this guy says he has no access to those notes and wants to transfer me to another department. I still have no working fridge. I’ve contacted 2 local tv stations to look into my story, and hopefully get it fixed. Buyer beware. Buy another brand, not a Kenmore Elite. It was priced just under $3000. Not worth it.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

We purchased a Kenmore Elite refrigerator and it stopped cooling and we called Sears/Kenmore and they sent multiple people on 4 different occasions to check it out and all said that it was the compressor and we still have warranty on it. To add insult to injury one of their affiliates by name Intelfix paid $100 deductible to them and still they have not fixed my appliance nor replace and whenever we call they will give us a run around. I can't believe we have all of our appliances from the scam of a company called Sears/Kenmore.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

We bought our Kenmore Refrigerator July 2019 with a 1 year warranty. 6 months after warranty expired the refrigerator starting making a horrible noise, then stopped getting cold. I called my local repairman, he came looked at it and said even if he fixed it, it would break again in 6 months. So I called Sears to have a tech come out, he said it was the fan and would place an order for the part.

I called sears every 2 weeks for 6 months to check status of my fan. Now I get a call from sears telling me they are refunding my money for the PART as they cannot get it. Now WHAT am I to do with this $2500.00 refrigerator that does not work and is only 2 years old.. They are not refunding my $2500.00 so now I have to spend more money to buy a new Refrigerator... Won't be a KENMORE that's for sure! So disappointed with Samsung as they actually make this refrigeration, Sears for leading me on for 6 months and Kenmore for not backing what they sell. What a waste of money!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

We bought a Kenmore Elite 7403 to replace a samsung that seemed to be going out on us 3 years ago. Our samsung is still working (in the garage), and the Kenmore Elite has a broken compressor - which will cost over $1000 to replace!!! It has not even been a full 3 years since we bought it at Sears! NEVER BUY THIS BRAND!!!! The repairman said LG has lawsuits against them, and they purchased Kenmore and are using their parts. I WILL NEVER BUY THIS BRAND AGAIN (LG OR KENMORE).

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I've been a faithful and happy Kenmore appliance buyer for decades. Based on that experience, I recently bought a Kenmore Elite $1200 refrigerator. It developed freezer issues a month after the warranty expired and when I googled the issue I found that this was a common and known problem for this whole line of refrigerators. I contacted two local appliance-repair people and they both told me too bad, Kenmore used to be the reliable source of appliances, up until two or three years ago when they stopped manufacturing them in the US and started buying from the lowest bidder and just rebranding the resulting junk. I'm disappointed in yet one more company having sold out and let down the faithful customers who kept them in business all these years. I will never again buy a Kenmore appliance, unless it's an older used one in good condition.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I have used Kenmore products for years. And when one no longer work after years of use, I would get another. Even though products change with different features the durability never does. I am a firm believer in Kenmore, not only for refrigerator but also for their washer and dryer.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

The Kenmore side by side refrigerator-freezer is the worst product I have ever purchased. After two years, the ice maker had to be replaced. Now at four years, the sensor for the self-defrost mechanism had to be replaced. This self-defrost unit cost $2,600+, and it is not worth the money. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Kenmore Appliances author review by Sandy Baker

Kenmore is a recognized brand in the appliance industry and has been around over 100 years. Kenmore offers high-quality refrigerators in a wide range of sizes and models at affordable prices.

• Variety: Kenmore offers a huge selection of appliances, from mini-refrigerators to giant, commercial appliances.

• Price: Kenmore has products at a number of different price points, including discount and luxury items.

• Warranties: Kenmore refrigerators are protected from damage or defects up to one year from the date of installation. Defective items will receive a full repair or replacement.

• Luxury models: Kenmore offers many top-of-the-line luxury models and options, such as french-cut doors with stainless steel construction and GeniusCool technology.

• Commercial products: Kenmore offers commercial products for restaurants and consumers who are in need of extra-large refrigerators.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Kenmore Refrigerators Company Information