Kenmore Refrigerators

Kenmore Refrigerators

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It has three shelves inside to easily stack the food for freezes. It even has a pull out drawer for extra storage. When food is kept in there it stays nice and cold. It is big like the size of a full-size fridge, except for the fact that it is all freezer. It has lots of space inside and very deep too. It is a tall, white, solid color freezer that is square in shape. It also needs a fairly big space to fit into. Overall it has great value and I would highly recommend this freezer. Since I bought it I have never had a problem with it. It runs nice and quietly.

It was more than what I expected and delivered on every aspect. Many people told me good things about it but I never expected. It was very cool and clean. All of my beverages in pristine condition. Down to the innovative edges and every inch and every parameter in just a structure of it was magnificent. It's very boldly made. I like it. The perceived value of the fridge is beyond measure and without boundary and you will not find another product that will live up to the expectations of this. I was very satisfied overall. I would definitely recommend to friends.

I have had my Kenmore refrigerator/freezer for a little more than ten years. It has never quit working on me, and I have only had to change the inside light bulb once in that time. My refrigerator/freezer always keeps my food fresh for a long time. It has plenty of room for all of my food. I can always buy fresh and frozen foods when they are on sale because I know that there is always enough space for lots of items. It is eggshell white and has a rich texture. It always looks very nice and is easy to clean. The inside is also easy to clean. I love the way it looks. My Kenmore refrigerator/freezer was purchased for a great price. Its value is excellent considering how well it has held up, how easy it is to clean, and especially the amount of use that I have gotten out of it.

Generally the Kenmore 795.76209.900 fridge has worked fine for the 3 years I've had it. Complaints include I can put up with a few dents from the ultra thin sheet metal cabinet (Does it really have to be that thin??!! Can almost dent it with fingernail!!!), but the cheap plastic freezer compartment guide rail takes the cake. It broke, now I feel like I've BEEN HAD paying $75.00 with shipping for the replacement part. Am worried the other side will break as well, so trying not to use the upper freezer rack for a week until the part arrives. Otherwise I would REALLY FEEL CHEATED for way over a hundred dollars for $2 worth of molded plastic that should have been made more durable in the first place.

We first purchased our Kenmore Elite french door refrigerator about 5 years ago. Right after our one-year warranty had expired we started having issues. The fan in the freezer would freeze over, causing a terrible, loud noise, and causing the freezer to warm. Then the ice maker would quit. After numerous Sears repairmen came and replaced the compressor, the computer panel, defrosted the fan, etc. etc. they finally offered us a new frig. Our now two-year-old frig is beginning to have all the same issues. It is making a terrible noise as the freezer fan has frozen again. We have thawed it out numerous times for this same problem, but it recurs over and over. Now the door water/ice has stopped.

My sister has a two-year old exact model Kenmore elite frig, and they have already had theirs replaced for the same reason. I can understand one lemon, but three? Today we had another repairman out (not Sears), and he told us these refrigerators are no longer made in the US and the quality has plummeted. He said our problems are very common, unfortunately, and he would NEVER buy one himself. So do not listen to reviews of those who have only had one for under a year... they will have problems soon enough I'm sure. It looks pretty enough, but having TWO $2800 refrigerators malfunction when they are only two years old is incredibly frustrating. DO NOT BUY!!!

I've had my Kenmore Elite/LG made refrigerator for 13 months. I have replaced compressor once. It lasted just barely 90 days making the warranty on it no good. So now I have a 2500 dollar refrigerator that I will have to keep putting money into for as long as I own. It’s sad Kenmore or most all refrigerators would last for many years.

I purchased a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator just over 2 years ago. Just after the manufacturer’s warranty expired the condenser went bad. I had to purchase the extended warranty for them to repair it. Just this past weekend the freezer and refrigerator stopped cooling. I called my local appliance repair man and he said it was a bad compressor. Estimated cost $700. Had to call Sears and get the extended warranty again which was another $370. My scheduled appt is 2 weeks away as this was the soonest they could come out. Luckily I have a Whirlpool Refrigerator in the basement that I haven't had any problems with for close to 15 years. Unless you are willing to shell out $370 a year for an extended warranty I would not recommend buying any Kenmore refrigerators. They are junk! Highly disappointed!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought a Kenmore freezer 2 years ago in June. We saw a leak underneath recently and found they had applied aluminum foil to the connections. This was not something a long-time, multiple-Kenmore-purchasing customer would have noticed within their 1-year warranty. The compressor is also REALLY hot, as is the heat exchanger. Sears made us pay $99 to have their repair guy out, who glued more insulation to the line, told us the compressor temperature and the aluminum foil was acceptable, did not give me a receipt and left. The freezer is leaking today (one day later) and his insulation fell off. Sears (in the Philippines call center) won't stand behind the defect or the repair (to send another tech is another $99). We won't be buying ANYTHING from Kenmore or Frigidaire (the manufacturer) ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Kenmore Elite Bottom Freezer Refrigerator: Three years ago we moved to Key West, refurbished our home and purchased a complete line of Kenmore appliances from the local store. Two days ago we awoke to a large puddle of water on the kitchen floor. Upon further examination, we discovered that our freezer portion of our refrigerator stopped working and that all of our food had thawed. We immediately called the repair # listed on the back of our Sears/Kenmore instruction manual. After an hour and a half run around between departments, we were cut off.

We then called back, explained what had just happened and were told someone would call us back within 24-48 hours to set up a repair. When they returned the call the rude CSR told us that they have no one in our area to work on our refrigerator and that there was nothing they could do for us. In other words, the 3 year old $2700 refrigerator was junk. From what I have read online this refrigerator has a known history of this type of problem. I can not believe what I thought was a reputable company can sell a product, offer a warranty and then completely wash their hands off it when there is a problem. We will never again buy anything from Sears and I hope everyone else learns from our hard lesson.

If you buy a Kenmore Elite French door be very sure you are buying one made by Whirlpool not made by LG. If you are told it is a LG, RUN. I have a $2000 Kenmore Elite French Door bought Aug. 09, 2013 that I am junking. Had it worked on by the only local guy locally. He put on new parts and could not fix. Takes Sears home repair at least 3 weeks to come. Sears does not offer any help and could care less. Wants you to buy a warranty for $49.95 a month to cover repairs up to $500. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING LG or KENMORE ELITE.

Purchased on 2/16/15. Delivered 4/2/15. 8/22/15 - Called for repair - Motor broke -- All food spoiled. Several repairs and parts ordered over months. Motor broke, Motherboard broke, 6 boxes of "parts" delivered to house for install. Still no fridge to use. Sears offered no loaner, nothing for our family. After working for 1 month with Christian, from the Los Altos Appliance Dept., a new one was traded out in November 2015 -- I purchased 3 year extended warranty on the replacement.

7/28/17 - Fridge. temp read 33 degrees ** but food felt less cold to touch. 8/4 - 8/6/17-- All food spoiling. went to Los Altos Sears for help. Salesman said they couldn't help. Said to call 800 - 4 my home. 8/6/17 - Called above number and was placed on "emergency" repair list by Greg. Soonest appt. may be Aug 15th but they may call to come in "at a moments notice" anytime before then if there is extra time in the schedule, maybe. Getting an ice chest for milk, etc and taking any food that is still good, to friends for them to keep cold in their fridge. Now we wait 9 days??? I have emails with the Sears Help websites. So many years of Sears good name just.

Our 16 month old refrigerator has been down for over a month. Sears does not stand behind its products. It does not stand behind it parts guarantee. Sears does not care about customer satisfaction or inconvenience. Its help desk of of no value. The parts we need are made by LG for Kenmore and have been out of stock since at least 6 July. Our most recent possible date to repair is 8 August if the parts happen to be delivered. We are beyond frustrated and disappointed in Sears -- if it did care we would have expected Sears to have offered a loaner for our 3000 dollar investment.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a Kenmore Refrigerator May 2016, 2 months out of warranty and the ice maker doesn't work. It's outrageous to me that a $675 refrigerator has a broken part after only 14 months that will take hundreds of dollars to evaluate and repair. Kenmore appliances are not made to last. I will never purchase another Kenmore appliance again!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Kenmore Coldspot Model 106.51129212 - The water recapture bay for the ice maker, that is integrated into the freezer door has no drainage. It was difficult to remove, and seems to be poorly designed. The ice maker takes up much of the storage space on the freezer door. The refrigerator shelving adjustment options are poorly designed as well. After owning Kenmore refrigerator products for over 40 years, My overall experience with this model has been disappointing.

I bought this Kenmore "Elite" refrigerator in 11/15 and its first service call was 5/17, barely 18 months later. The Freon needed to be replaced due to a faulty valve (which will recur in about 2 years due to a design problem) -- that cost $400. Six weeks later, the food was not being kept cold and now I'm told the compressor needs to be replaced! And the warranty covers the parts, but, of course, not the labor. Save yourself time and money -- DO NOT BUY KENMORE ANYTHING ANYMORE! This used to be a trusted name in appliances, but no more. The washer I bought 9 months ago doesn't get clothes clean (another review).

I would advise anyone shopping for a new refrigerator to steer clear of Kenmore elite refrigerators. $2200. On sale less than 3 yrs ago. Plus additional $800 for master warranty. Ice maker stopped working and temperature in refrigerator in the high 60's. Problems started mid June. It is now July 24th. 3 visits from repair tech still not working. Another 17 day lead time for another appt. You have to send blanket emails, make countless calls to get anywhere. If you were counting on LEGENDARY Sears customer satisfaction motto forget it. Research online and you can read for yourself the multiple posting of customers having serious issues with this fridge. I regret not researching my choice better. BUYER BEWARE!

Feeling super aggravated at the moment. Bought a Kenmore Elite refrigerator from Sears last year. Now not even a year later the bottom freezer has stopped working completely. I've called for service and it took a month for someone to come out. Then parts had to be ordered. Another month for that wait. The man who came out to put the new part in had no clue what he was doing. When he left he said give it 24hours and it should be working. Nope nothing. So I called in yet another service appointment which was a month away and was set for today. Three o'clock rolls around no call. I finally call them and get a live person. Guess what. The guy called in sick and no one bothered to call and yup you guessed it they want to change the service date to August 23 another month.

I live in Mississippi and the heat index is currently 108. No joke. I depend on the ice. My freezer once made for my 2 huge bloodhounds and other animals to stay cool. I've talked to some nice people at Sears today and some not so nice people but at the end of the day I'm still left unsatisfied and completely shocked. Sears you disappointed me once with a window AC unit that took 3 months to get replaced in the hottest part of summer. I swore then that I'd never be duped again. I decided to give you one more shot and am still left with long irritated calls and no resolution. So to other consumers please just go with another company if you want fast reliable service or appliances that work...

After only 15 months of usage, our $2500 Kenmore "Elite" (LG) fridge had a compressor fail. 8 days without a refrigerator and labor costs not covered. Repairman said he's seeing a LOT of these boxes have compressors fail, so buyer beware. Extended warranty is outrageously prices -- probably because it's likely to fail yet again. I expect a class action suit at some point based on reading online about faulty LG compressors in both Kenmore and LG refrigerators.

Bought my Kenmore Elite a little over 5 years ago, loved it until this week, it broke. Compressor went out, $900 to fix! Seems a Very Common problem with these expensive refrigerators! Decided to purchase a different brand. WILL NEVER BUY KENMORE AGAIN!

I bought a Kenmore Elite refrigerator 3 1/2 years ago for $1500. Within the first few weeks, the motherboard went out. The repair guy said that it was a good thing it was on warranty because a new one would have been $900. Three plus years later, the seal system died. Compressor, good; motherboard, good; motor, good. Cooling, nada. Called Sears. I'm not under warranty. They want $99 to diagnose and couldn't be there for 3 days. Called another local repair with a great reputation. He checked it out, diagnosed the problem and said they should cover the seals for five years, but, even if they picked up the cost of the parts (what a warranty would do), it would still be $1200 to repair. Another repair company confirmed. He suggested I call Kenmore directly. That is impossible. You get routed back to Sears. I used to count on Kenmore for all my appliances. No more. What a piece of junk.

Purchased a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator 2.5 years ago. 3 Months ago the Ice maker started dripping water and freezing up. Cost 270.00 for a repair person to come out and "realign" the water feed to the ice maker. Now the entire unit is not getting cold. $400 worth of parts and a bill to me for $367 plus $99 service fee. The Kenmore Elite Over the stove Microwave purchased a 14 months ago, fan was staying on. Service fee was going to be an additional $249 for the service technician to look at it while he was already at my home. The phone center where you had to call would not discuss any other options and even had the nerve to keep me on the line every time I called trying to sell me a home warranty on appliances that are less than 3 years old!!!

Is that what we can expect from Kenmore? For their products to not even last a year after warranties run out? Based on the cost of the $500 a year warranty and $249 service call repair costs they must believe that their equipment will break down at least twice a year for the warranty to be effective or save the consumer money. I Think I will try another Brand.

I would give this negative stars if I could. We bought a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator with bottom freezer in September 2016. It totally stopped working on June 23, 2017 (8 months later). The earliest appointment they could give us was the following Friday, June 30th. Repairman thinks that it "may be the compressor" but can't get the parts until 7/21. We told him that was unacceptable and he was then able to find the parts and scheduled to return on 7/7. Just got a call from Sears saying that the parts are on back-order and the earliest they could schedule service is on 7/24.

I told them that I wanted a new refrigerator instead and was told that they could not replace it unless a repairman deemed it "unfix-able." I told them to send a repairman to verify that it was unfix-able because as far as I am concerned, if they don't have the parts to fix it, then it is unfix-able. Of course I was then told that they won't send anyone until the parts come in. So now we are without a refrigerator until July 24th and who knows if he can even fix it when he comes.

Over a month without a refrigerator is totally unacceptable. They do not seem to care either, but they will care when they are out of a job. Thank God that I didn't purchase the extra service plan - I am sure that is just as useless as their "warranty". No wonder they are closing Sears stores everywhere - it is disgraceful how they handle business and treat customers. Thankfully, my local Sears will be closing its doors soon, too bad they didn't before I bought my refrigerator. I wish that I had read the reviews prior to purchasing. I will never buy another thing from them again.

I will NEVER purchase nor will I recommend Kenmore Elite "Stainless Steel" appliances. First, the only "stainless steel" which exists is in the handles on all appliances, everything else is cheap metal. I bought in 2016 the Side-by-Side (both doors developed rust spots within one month), Dishwasher (outside door) developed rust spots, Microwave/Oven combo (both doors) developed rust spots, and Gourmet Hood, which developed rust spots and the lights no longer work. All I did was use the cleaner, which came with the appliances. I built a brand new house and everything within one month had rust.

I called Sears, well, guess what, I was over my 30 days so NO WARRANTY on the rust. I called the store and "We're sorry to hear that." No discount on my full purchase price either. My husband, who is a builder, said they are more than likely storing the appliances in a damp warehouse and it's cheap metal, as steel doesn't rust. In the past, I purchased GE Profile and no problems. Here I have a new house with old looking appliances.

Our "KENMORE ELITE" refrigerator is just 2 years old and we already need a new fan/controller. The technician said "they" (Lg) reprogramed the control board, which is now causing ice build-up around our fan, but we the consumer have to pay for it...way to run a company. NEVER buy a Kenmore product. Our old refrigerator (Frigidaire or GE...) was 15-20 yrs old and we didn't have any issues. Too bad that new technology is getting worse.

My mother purchased the Kenmore refrigerator/freezer model #253.7060. After only 2 1/2 years of ownership, the compressor stopped working. The repairman said it be $666 to replace it, repair was not an option. That's the price of a new fridge! This is a poor product. I would not recommend its purchase.

Do NOT buy this refrigerator! I purchased the Kenmore Elite Bottom Freezer Refrigerator (Model 79574043410) in April 2015 from Sears. In the first month the fan quit working. Had that repaired. It is now 27 months later and the compressor has quit. Dead. This happened on a Thursday and a repair person could not be scheduled to come out until Tuesday. They do NOT work weekends! Fortunately I kept calling until they agreed to come on Monday. As I suspected and reported to them it was indeed the compressor. As stated by the service technician they have been having quite a few compressors on these go out. The compressor would have to be ordered and supposedly would be in by Wednesday but they cannot schedule a repair appointment in advance until they actually have the part.

It is now Thursday, a week from my initial request for repair and there is no compressor in sight. Hence no repair in sight as yet either. Luckily I purchased the extended warranty but in hindsight I am now stuck with this worthless appliance until 2020. I had to pay extra for counter depth when purchasing it and to now have a 2 yr old refrigerator with a dead compressor is despicable. By the way the max food loss allowance is $250.00 for a claim. I will never again buy another Kenmore product nor from a company that cannot reasonably get the parts and fix it in a timely manner!

When we purchased this refrigerator in June of 2015 as part of our kitchen remodeling project, we decided to invest a bit extra to get an appliance that was on the higher end of the product line as we wanted something formidable that would last and serve us well. After two years it would be difficult to be more disappointed with the decision to purchase this particular appliance. Though we haven't had an issue with the basic cooling function of the refrigerator or freezer, the rest of the items is slowly falling apart. The ice maker began to fail within a year and now it is completely non functional. The plastic that held the spring loaded door flange has broken off so we need to manually move the flange each and every time we close the refrigerator. Also, door compartments have broken off and need to be held on with tape.

This refrigerator is only two years old but parts have broken or snapped off as though it were many many years older. The overall engineering and choice of materials of this appliance is extremely poor and non durable, particularly for a higher-end model. I would strongly dissuade anybody that I cared about from making the same mistake we did in purchasing this refrigerator.

The Kenmore Elite Refrigerator Model # 795.7402.411 has fail twice in two years with the same error code Ef-rf. We had the service man out in June of 2016 and it was still under warranty but it was about to expire so we purchase a extended warranty. The Sears repairman said they were having a lot of problems with this unit. Well now a little over a year later my warranty is off and it stop working with the same error code. I called service and they stated that the warranty is over and another year contract would be over $300.00 for another year.

After reading the complaints about this type of fridge it seems that Sears is aware of the problem and they blame it on LG and there is nothing they can do because it is made in Korea and they are ripping us off by charging another $300.00. It is time they stand by their Sears Elite fridges and have LG come up with a resolution with no cost to the consumer. These fridges are not cheap. Maybe it time for a class action suit?

I bought my Kenmore Elite refrigerator in 2013 and purchased an extended three-year warranty but the warranty only goes to 2016 because the three-year was only actually a two year because it included the manufacturer's warranty - when I called the 800-number for help they told me I no longer had service on my refrigerator and there was not any repair man that would come to our area. I was told by someone who finally did look at my refrigerator that it was not cooling because of the sealed system's unit and should have a five-year warranty on that but I cannot seem to find anybody that will help me. I will never buy another Sears product as they are not helpful at all - when I do buy another refrigerator I will make sure that the warranty is what it says it is and that it has a sealed systems warranty and that a repairman will be available to come work on the refrigerator.

Ice maker mold cracked and calling Kenmore customer service, they said I would need a new ice maker. The plastic mold ($10 at most), cannot be purchased separately. Cost: $75 for the replacement unit. If we extrapolate, the next step will be for them to require replacement of the refrigerator if the interior light bulb needs replacing.

So the Kenmore Elite refrigerator that we purchased not so long ago is now breaking down. By breaking down I mean the ice machine part is physically breaking apart. I just found a huge piece of plastic in my glass. Please be aware if you own one!! Just imagine if the plastic was smaller...

Purchased a Kenmore Fridge from Sears which is manufactured by Electrolux. Purchased it in June 2016. Have had the repairman out four times for the same issue of not staying cold. They do not want to replace the fridge. They want to send repair person out a fifth time. It will be over a month without a fridge. This is not acceptable.

Purchased an expensive French Door Bottom refrigerator from Sears in Feb. of 2013. Last week it stopped working. Called the Sears Service and they said they will charge $99 to come out and then give an estimate for the repairs. They also tried to sell me their 5-year warranty for $324.0 which is sold for $150 by Home Depot and Lowe's. I called another repair service who charged me $65 to check the problem and said that compressor is not working would cost $750.00 to replace the compressor. We decided to junk the refrigerator and buy an LG two-door top freezer for $990. Will never again buy a Sears brand product.

Kenmore Refrigerators Company Profile