Whirlpool Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Whirlpool Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: April 27, 2022

This refrigerator WRS973CIDM00 came with a suite of appliances in our new home in November 2016. First in about 18 months the LED lights in the freezer failed and we were informed it would require a new circuit board to repair at our cost. Since everything else was working, we declined the expense. Then the ice maker failed to produce ice and the repair service found the wires that lead up the freezer door were broken due to flexing when the door is opened. Paid for that repair, and learned it is a very common occurrence with these side by side models.

Now it has quit for the third time in under 5 years and we had yet another service visit but the tech said the wires could no longer be repaired. Since the wiring harness for these models has been discontinued and the only way to get a new harness is to purchase a new freezer door at half the cost of a new refrigerator! Whirlpool agreed it was a problem that is recurring so offered to provide a new door. That was in October and 6 months later they state they cannot provide the door as they have no idea when or if it will be made.

They offered us a discount on a replacement refrigerator, but there are none that will fit the space that are available, many are on "pause" meaning they are not being made and others are so back-ordered they have no idea when we would get a unit. And, the one that "might" be available soon is $4000 and even with a discount would cost us $2000 for a side by side model that likely has the same door defect as the current one. Buying another brand this time. Whirlpool...how appropriate a name...sucks consumers down an endless hole and you better be able to get out on your own. Imagine when appliances actually lasted 10-20 years...

Original review: April 26, 2022

I bought Whirlpool. 3 items, a stove, microwave and refrigerator only 2 years old and the led light from the refrigerator is not working anymore! It’s not the light bulb, it has an electrical issue. So I called whirlpool and they want to send a technician for $149 and of course plus replacement parts. This is ridiculous, this refrigerator it’s only a few months old I can’t imagine how long it will last. Whirlpool should send their technician and part replacement without a charge.

Original review: April 26, 2022

My 78 year old mom got a new Whirlpool refrigerator 3 months ago. It worked for 2 weeks. She was told to call whirlpool, so she called them many time and spent many hours on hold and getting nowhere other than false promises and a $100 gift card for the spoiled items that were in the fridge. It is 3 months later and no refrigerator that works??? Very upsetting. What kind of company does this to a 78 year old woman?

Original review: April 23, 2022

Purchased a Whirlpool refrigerator July 5, 2021, from Lowe's. I had this refrigerator for 9 months and suddenly it stopped getting cool. I called Lowe's since I purchased the product less than a year ago, but they deferred me to Whirlpool. After calling Whirlpool, they sent one of their third-party carriers to come out and look at the refrigerator. After the technician diagnosis he discovered the compressor was out. I was in disbelief with having a new refrigerator for only 9 months and the compressor went out. At that point I want the refrigerator replaced, since I planned on keeping this refrigerator for at least 10 years. I called Whirlpool to let them know I wanted the refrigerator replaced and they said since it was a warranty part, they would not replace it. I was upset at this point.

The company was not able to repair the refrigerator because they did not have experience with the Lock and key which is part of the compressor. I called Whirlpool again and they sent another company out to diagnose the problem and they also said the compressor was out. I called Whirlpool to make sure the technician will have the parts to repair my refrigerator and Whirlpool confirmed they will have the part. Another 2 weeks has passed, and I found out today, the company does not have the part and they will send a different technician out to diagnose the problem again. Whirlpool has done nothing but sent a $75 dollar gift card which is absolutely nothing. I live in a state where food and gas are expensive, and Whirlpool have done nothing but lied.

You would think they would show good customer service and replace the refrigerator. I have lost money from buying food day by day and WHIRPOOL ARE RIPOFFS!!! They cannot replace a brand new 9-month-old refrigerator. Who would want to keep a refrigerator with the compressor out already. This is ridiculous!! Please do not buy from Whirlpool. They don’t care about their customers and are a bunch of ripoffs! I will never buy another Whirlpool refrigerator again. Their refrigerators don’t last 9 months!!!! Please buy a different brand when you buy appliances and deal with brands who care about their customers!!!

Original review: April 12, 2022

2 months ago I bought a fridge, stove, dishwasher and over the range microwave. The fridge no longer works and been without a fridge for 2 weeks. They sent out a service technician and he told he can't fix it because it contains a new refrigerant (r600). The goes on and says no one in the area can fix it because the lack of knowledge of the newer technology. The service department at Whirlpool has now put it if yet another to find someone in which I told them the previous service tech had told there's no one in the area that can fix it....I already lost 300$ worth of groceries now I'm going to lose more time with no fridge. I was another week I will from a technician and possibly wait another before they can the service done. They've already pushed this back a week...2400$. I expected better from a company that generally makes kitchen appliances.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Bought top of the line KitchenAid refrigerator $4500... Completely stopped working in 3 months. Cannot get ahold of anyone at Whirlpool & their phone system is ineffective. Appliance technician came out, cannot get the parts he needs from Whirlpool!?! He said that if he can't get parts in 21 business days then Whirlpool 'may' consider replacing the fridge. Is this a joke?!!! I have a 1970s Frigidaire still working!

Original review: March 31, 2022

We replaced our basement refrigerator with what we thought was a slick compact WRT112CZJZ top freezer model. The freezer hasn't worked from the moment it was installed. We thought it was user error, and after throwing out the first frozen/thawed foods stored, set it for the coldest setting before replacing the pizzas and other items it held. A week later, all had thawed and refrozen again - and we called in the repairman. He thought it was the controller, so we ordered a new controller, and he returned to replace it. Again put frozen items into the freezer, along with a tray of ice cubes which we monitored regularly. Once again - thawed and refrozen food was discarded and the ice cubes had clearly thawed and refrozen as well.

The third return, the repairman called in the problem and was told there were no suggestions for possible repair - regardless, after an hour on the phone with two different Whirlpool reps, was told there was a note that now we needed to change out a motor and move the damper. First - this is an outrageous expense by Whirlpool - paying for more parts and another visit (the 4th) from a repairman for an appliance that is only $600 - Second - we're ready to put the fridge on the street and write off the whole experience - and ensure we never purchase another Whirlpool product - and will share this story widely with all we know. Finally - what a terrible product - just don't buy this fridge. We thought it looked good - but didn't dive into the reviews as we should have! Stay away!

Original review: March 23, 2022

Bought a model WRT318FZDW02 (top freezer) refrigerator (new) about 3 1/2 years ago and it's already failing. The temperature regulation has failed and food in the lower compartment freezes while the temperature in the freezer compartment varies wildly. Unfortunately typical repair costs these days will probably make this a throw away item. I've owned several different refrigerators over the years and they've all lasted well beyond 10 years. I definitely can't recommend buying anything from Whirlpool these days.

Original review: March 23, 2022

I purchased a brand new 2019 Whirlpool side by side refrigerator in October of 2019 for my new house. Yes, that was 2.5 years ago. HOWEVER, I live alone and hardly ever use the ice dispenser. Maybe, it was used 20 times in 2 years. The ice dispenser just stopped working and today I notice the refrigerator is not even making ice! What a piece of garbage!

Original review: March 18, 2022

I'll never buy Whirlpool appliances again. I purchased all new kitchen appliances less than 3 years ago. The range had electrical issues within the first year, which was extremely scary. Thankfully because of the warranty they took it back, reimbursed me for it and I replaced it with a GE. I absolutely love the GE. The dish in the microwave never stays on its track in the center. It's quite an inconvenience to fix it almost daily. The top rack in the dishwasher constantly breaks, drops down on one side. Random parts from inside the dishwasher constantly come loose and fall off. But the worst of all....my refrigerator has broken down twice in 6 months from the same issue due to no fault of my own. To give some credit, Whirlpool fixed it out of warranty the first time. However the same issue happened 6 months later and they are expecting me to pay for it.

The repair company contracted with Whirlpool covers their parts under warranty, however different parts need to be ordered. I had to pay for these parts, a service call and labor. Whirlpool came out with a "service pointer" on this because they know it's a manufacturing defect but are refusing to cover the cost. The representative I spoke to was nasty and inconsiderate but sadly the manager was even worse. DON'T buy Whirlpool!!! I recommend GE, you'll be much happier. Worst customer service and support.

Original review: March 17, 2022

Updated on 05/17/2022: I initially wrote a review back in February about Whirlpool and just wanted to follow up. It's now four months later and I still have a broken refrigerator that broke when it was only a few months old. They continually made excuses and gave me the runaround and after 2 months, several visits from technicians and many phone calls and emails back and forth, they finally realized it was un-repairable and it needed to be replaced.

Fast forward another 2 months, I still have a broken refrigerator and don't have a replacement. I was told by the technician that the refrigerator is a very poor design and the only way it would work properly is if I never put anything on the top shelf. Really?? What's the purpose of the shelf then. Now I'm getting the same refrigerator again with the same poor design. DO NOT buy Whirlpool. I've lost hundreds of dollars worth of food and was only offered $50 for a refrigerator still under warranty. Their products are terrible and they do NOT care about their customers one bit.

Original Review: I have never had such a horrible experience in my life as I have with Whirlpool. Refrigerator ($2,500) broke within three months, and then broke again another two months later and hasn’t worked right since. They have the most horrible customer service, parts are on back order, I’ve had to throw away hundreds of dollars worth of food because everything keeps freezing but they do not care. Ice machine has been broken for over a month for the second time. They are the worst company I’ve ever dealt with. Buyer beware. Do not buy anything from this company. Their products are the worst and they have zero customer service. Good luck if you buy something and it breaks. You might as well just buy a completely new appliance.

Original review: March 12, 2022

I purchased a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator and it was delivered on 1/22/22. We had it five weeks working fine then on 2/27/22 it stopped working. Whirlpool service came out and said it was the compressor but all parts are on backorder and no telling when they will be in. Maybe Lowe's would replace it, but no because it is longer than 30 days. Lowes when I bought the fridge had over 400 of the same refrigerator in stock so why is it they couldn't had replaced it. Or if Whirlpool sells items on their own why didn't they just replace it. We have been going on 3 weeks without a fridge. With all of this said it didn't even last the 7 years they say they last for now. That is ridiculous when the last one lasted 20 years. In 7 years I will be on a fixed income how am I suppose to keep living. Something is wrong here.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

We recently purchased a Whirlpool fridge, model WRT138FFDW and are very disappointed with a couple things. First of all, the refrigerator arrived with a broken shelf. Although it was no problem getting a replacement, we found out quickly that it is very hard to balance things on a wire shelf. Water bottles and the like fall over. It is completely our fault for not noticing when we purchased, but just giving you a heads up that it will be a pain for you. Secondly, the sound of the fridge is very loud. It truly is driving my wife crazy. When we called Whirlpool, we were told that if they come out to take a look and the part is not under warranty, we would be charged $129. It is a brand new refrigerator, how can some parts not be covered??!! On a positive note, it does keep things cold and the color white is nice. I will not be purchasing any more Whirlpool items for my home. Bad fridge and customer care!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I have purchased Whirlpool refrigerator 2 years back. Suddenly my refrigerator stop working. When I filled complaint against this in customer service care. They sent technician. He told it's compressor not working and asked 2800 rs for gas filling. Then he said he'll come tomorrow for this. For 4 days he didn't come. After 20 calls, to customer service centre they said, "Your refrigerator has to sent to the center." For that they asked 1000 rs... We were so disturbed by their slow service. We immediately said yes. Now when our refrigerator arrived at their center. Now they are again asking for 3400 rs for other part. I'm so frustrated by this service. What type of warranty you are giving.. The warranty is of just the box.... So bad products. Such a bad experience... Never gonna buy Whirlpool product again or recommend anyone.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

We bought our Whirlpool refrigerator model # WRT318FZDB02 July of 2019. We liked it very much. The beginning of January 2022 we started having issues with things freezing. A few days later nothing got cold. The appliance technician that checked it out said our seals on the compressor were bad and needed a new one. He told us we were better off buying a new refrigerator. I contacted Whirlpool support and they told me the same thing. Our previous refrigerator lasted over 30 years!! I would think Whirlpool would make their refrigerators last longer than 2 1/2 years!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Bought a Whirlpool refrigerator at Home Depot in 2018. It has been a $3,000 piece of junk!! Customer service is garbage!!! They refuse to address a persistent problem since the day we bought it. Do yourself a favor and buy another brand!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I bought fridge model WRS571CIDm02. The worse company in the world. Since I bought this fridge have a consistent problem with the evaporator fan. It makes noise. Geek Squad came 3 time in 3 years to replace the same part. Now the 4th time I ran out of warranty and Whirlpool don't care. On top of that the stainless steel is rusting. It is not stainless steel. It is a nightmare. Avoid at all cost. If there is zero I would give it to them.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Got damaged item and for that I'm requesting service center at Beed, Maharashtra, and not getting satisfied feedback...Then again I started following to division office at Aurangabad with Mr Shard **...From last 3 months I'm hearing that you can get replacement...but they not fullfill the commitment...It very disappointed experience with me.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

We purchased a Whirlpool Refrigerator Model Number WRS555SIHZ06 Serial Number HRA2506806 on July 15th 2021 from Lowe's. First one from Lowe's came off the truck damaged so working out of a cooler in the kitchen for 2 more weeks. Now 4 months later the compressor is out and all the food spoiled like $400 bucks gone and food is expensive these days. I called and Whirlpool said no food allowance and no replacement. Fridge can be brought over - so repairman will come out in 6 days and then say he has to order parts then I wait two more weeks then the repair. So 3 weeks without a fridge with the holidays coming up and people to feed and food to cook. This is going to be interesting. I hate Whirlpool Refrigerator - never again will I purchase one of this appliances. The GE I had for 12 years and no problem at all for 12 years. What is going on with these companies????

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

I have had a terrible experience with fridge Whirlpool. Two fridges have been delivered to me in bad condition. The first one was aesthetically awful (looked old and used) and the freezer didn't work so it was exchanged. The second one works and it looks ok but it makes very loud noises all day every day. I live in an open concept condo and this fridge sounds like a train for more than an hour more than 5 times a day, it is terrible. I have been calling customer support for a solution and first of all, there are no technicians in my area, and since the fridge "works as designed" there is nothing to fix so I'm stuck with a terrible noisy fridge that I hate and destroys my day which I paid a lot of money for thinking that the brand meant quality but it doesn't.

Customer support doesn't respect the customer and their answer that the first "works as designed" makes me understand that Whirpool designs bad quality fridges. I have never heard a fridge making these noises, not even brands that are less named than Whirlpool. For your inner peace, I recommend you to stay away from Whirlpool-Maytag fridges... If the fridge is in bad condition (but "working") you're going to be stuck with it. The brand doesn't really mean quality and support... it just means more expensive.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I do not dislike the Whirlpool Refrigerator. Therefore, when the write a review from the company came to my email, I wrote one. But at the bottom of the page I had to agree to terms. What terms, I am saying good things. Well, the terms stated the following - by agreeing to the terms "I could not participate in any existing or future class action suits". They did not want my thoughts on the frig... They wanted me to sign their terms of agreement statement... Thanks for caring Whirlpool!!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I always buy Whirlpool appliances. My refrigerator is 19 years old, with an ice maker. I have recommended this brand to my friends. I have also recommended Whirlpool to my clients since I have worked in real estate as a property manager.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

The Whirlpool fridge we bought kept freezing food in the fridge. Local technicians couldn't solve the problem after replacing some parts. They called Whirlpool's technical person and found there are other similar cases for this model. We were told to wait till they solve the engineering issue. We require to replace another model. Whirlpool's customer service Supervisor whose name is Alisha talked very arrogantly and hung up on us. In one word, bad products, bad service, bad people. We will stay away from any Whirlpool product in the future.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

I've used Whirlpool a lot and I always have a quality experience with any appliance I've ever used. I think they take pride in making sure they sell quality appliances. I know if I need to purchase anything whirlpool I will get my money's worth.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Completely satisfied with products and service. In these days and times it's hard to find any reliable products or services anymore not to mention customer service. Keep up the good work and I'm sure your sales will increase.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I have Whirlpool 25 in. Side by side. I love the space freezer size is bigger than the old one I had. Makes ice as it should. Overall solid appliance that I trust. I purchased this refrigerator a year ago after research.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

We just purchased a new fridge - September 2021 -- Whirlpool side by side. Why is "just okay"? It is a loud refrigerator. A roaring sound is pretty constant. The ice tray in the door has no recessed tray ... so water and melting ice just follow down the front of the door and onto the floor. Two days after purchase we went back to Lowe's to return this fridge ... but all the other refrigerators do not have a recessed ice tray. And since they are not plugged in ... who knows if they roar.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Totally worst experience with Whirlpool fridge with 1 year of the purchase. It started having cooling issues. Also it was making noise. When contacted for its replacement the company did not agreed for the same saying would provide free service within warranty period however after that customer will have to pay. Quality of product (shelf life) is too bad in context with the company it belongs to.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

This is a freezer on top unit. Purchased in 2015, unit quit cooling, started making a roaring noise. Called local technician, he added 2 oz of Freon, said he has seen many of these same unit losing Freon. Technician said line that goes to compressor is copper and hooks up to aluminum line before attaching to compressor. This is leak point for freon; no way to know when the leak started, but freon almost gone and cost to pressure check for source of leak is costly and probably would not repair problem. Got 6 yrs out of it and I am replacing with another brand. Will never buy Whirlpool again. Should have got 10-12 yrs of use. Do not buy this unit. Wrote Whirlpool first, but no help. Indicated this could be a problem with these units but no recall so I am on my own. Out $900 for a new refrigerator. Big hassle. Unit no good.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I have a 5yr warranty. I'm 3yrs in on the 3rd repair. Horrible. This time they can't get the part and I've been dealing with them for 5 almost 6 months. I spend countless hours on hold trying to get a real person... When I do they send me to someone else where the queue starts over. I paid $400 extra to just have them replace the fridge and it's been over a month and they can't even get a new one delivered. Just refund my money! This is beyond the pale. Dale, Sunrise Beach Mo.

Whirlpool Refrigerators Company Information