2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Danby Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Danby Refrigerators?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Danby Refrigerators?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

Purchased my wine refrigerator from RC Willey in Henderson Nevada approximately 3 years ago. Not being able to get a local service center I decided to repair it myself. I ordered parts from Danby which were defective. After numerous emails to get a replacement for my defective part, I have gotten nowhere. The customer service is terrible and in disarray. Each service representative had no clue about my prior contacts and email. I will never purchase a Danby product and tell my family and friends not to as well.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

I bought a Danby mini-fridge in 2017 from COSTCO and it started leaking water inside and outside the fridge in 2019. Dues to the COVID situation I didn't take any action and when I approached Danby company, they refused to do anything as the fridge is out of warranty. The approach of Danby's was extremely unprofessional and not at all customer friendly. They weren't even ready to listen and do anything to address my situation. The attitude was dictatorial and they seem to disown their own product. The reference # was CASE ** and the agent who was attending to me was Ana. How sad and a waste of money as the fridge didn't even last for 2 years. I would never buy a Danby product ever and wouldn't advise anyone to buy their products.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Have nothing but good things to say about Danby products. I've purchased quite a few mini fridges from Danby. They all still run great! Have been packed up well. I've purchased two beverage coolers and a few mini-fridges. All still run great.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

We returned first model which only got down to 44 deg F on max setting. Second one was nearly the same. This is a poor, and dangerous, design. A refrigerator should at least achieve a temp of 40 degrees F.

Original review: July 15, 2020

My parents bought this Danby Ignis fridge in the 1960’s I believe. When I grew up and bought their house in the 80’s the fridge was included. It has lived outside on the deck at the lake now for close to ten years and fires up each spring without fail. Truly amazing. I have a picture but couldn’t figure out how to add it. Certainly got our money's worth.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I purchased my mini fridge on August 1st, 2018. Since then I had to replace the gasket and now it won't keep cold. I cranked the thermostat to the max and the temperature gauge I put in there only reads at 42 degrees. The back panel is frozen and when I contacted customer service, they told me that is most likely the compressor!? It is slightly over the warranty period, but shouldn't the compressor last longer than the 20 months I've had it? It would cost me more to get the fridge fixed than what I paid for it! I know Danby prides themselves on their quality products, but I will never buy from them again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

My husband and I brought a Danby fridge. Not even a year old and it quit working. I have called and everyone tells me to wait for an email. They just say that so they don't have to deal with the crappy products they sell. I will never buy from them again and I don't recommend them to anyone so don't buy danby products. They are **.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Purchased this refrigerator Sept-9th-2017 and it last until Sept-30-2019, just barely more than 2-years. Now to be fair the warranty is for 18-months but a good product should last more than 2-years. I was replacing a fridge that was over 23-years old and still running but needed a new door seal and other cosmetics so figured I would replace.

AS I said started to act up end of Sept. A loud humming sound getting louder & louder, and I called the furniture store and they told me name of repairman. I called him in and he checked it over and said, "Sounds like compressor is going, replacement would be $750.00 minimum OR we could try recharging and it might last another 2-years". I had it recharged and it worked fine for about 2.5 days and started to hum again getting louder and louder.

When I called Danby I got a rep on the line, a lady who started out nice and then got very rude as we went on and hung up on me when I asked for a manager. Apparently they don't like to be told that their products don't stand up. So now I need yo purchase another fridge, spent $1200.00 CDN on a useless Danby and won't do that again. If you decide to ever buy Danby better buy extended warranty and lots of it!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Purchased a Danby refrigerator in Canada at Quan’s TV & Appliance September 29, 2018. Refrigerator was leaking water from the fan area causing havoc inside and on the floors. Wiping became a full time job that required attention every hour. Repair service technicians were sent and both could not fix issue. Warranty states that if it is unrepairable a replacement would be sent. Two months in with no replacement/solution Danby Canada (District Manager) and Quan’s (Julio) had more stories than Walt Disney. It is January and I was left with no other solution and contacted Danby USA Head Office. Out $565 -lemon refrigerator unplugged and might have to suck it up and pay for disposal! Be warned. Stay away from small shops selling you on personal ‘mom & Pop’ store and above all Danby!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I don't understand how this company is still in business. I have bought a freezer via Home Depot, with 12 month warranty. Waste of time and money. Emails are acknowledged, but no response as to course of action.

Danby Refrigerators Company Information