Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Danby Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Danby Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Danby Refrigerators?

Original review: June 14, 2021

My Danby Silhouette Beverage Center is in need of repair. Everything is warm, fans on but no cooling. NO ONE will repair it; I have called the recommended repair techs on the Danby support site and they are either out of state or do not repair Danby Beverage Coolers. So I started to call local appliance repairmen and not one after five calls will repair Danby. I called and Danby Customer Support line and it is CLOSED. So I have been sending emails, I have a case number but its been over two weeks and no solution or repairmen. I will have to purchase a new beverage center and it definitely will NOT A DANBY!

Original review: March 17, 2021

I bought a Danby all fridge in August of 2018, it is now March of 2021, not even 3 years old, and it is starting to act up. Compressor keeps running. Emailed the company, and so sorry your warranty is up. I will stay away from anything Danby, and so should everyone else.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I live in a very small space, so I need a compact mini refrigerator with a top freezer & bottom area to store food obviously that overall doesn’t take up a lot of room? When shopping online (looking) Danby had some nice designs. We’ll see.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

Purchased my wine refrigerator from RC Willey in Henderson Nevada approximately 3 years ago. Not being able to get a local service center I decided to repair it myself. I ordered parts from Danby which were defective. After numerous emails to get a replacement for my defective part, I have gotten nowhere. The customer service is terrible and in disarray. Each service representative had no clue about my prior contacts and email. I will never purchase a Danby product and tell my family and friends not to as well.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

I bought a Danby mini-fridge in 2017 from COSTCO and it started leaking water inside and outside the fridge in 2019. Dues to the COVID situation I didn't take any action and when I approached Danby company, they refused to do anything as the fridge is out of warranty. The approach of Danby's was extremely unprofessional and not at all customer friendly. They weren't even ready to listen and do anything to address my situation. The attitude was dictatorial and they seem to disown their own product. The reference # was CASE ** and the agent who was attending to me was Ana. How sad and a waste of money as the fridge didn't even last for 2 years. I would never buy a Danby product ever and wouldn't advise anyone to buy their products.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Have nothing but good things to say about Danby products. I've purchased quite a few mini fridges from Danby. They all still run great! Have been packed up well. I've purchased two beverage coolers and a few mini-fridges. All still run great.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

We returned first model which only got down to 44 deg F on max setting. Second one was nearly the same. This is a poor, and dangerous, design. A refrigerator should at least achieve a temp of 40 degrees F.

Original review: July 15, 2020

My parents bought this Danby Ignis fridge in the 1960’s I believe. When I grew up and bought their house in the 80’s the fridge was included. It has lived outside on the deck at the lake now for close to ten years and fires up each spring without fail. Truly amazing. I have a picture but couldn’t figure out how to add it. Certainly got our money's worth.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I purchased my mini fridge on August 1st, 2018. Since then I had to replace the gasket and now it won't keep cold. I cranked the thermostat to the max and the temperature gauge I put in there only reads at 42 degrees. The back panel is frozen and when I contacted customer service, they told me that is most likely the compressor!? It is slightly over the warranty period, but shouldn't the compressor last longer than the 20 months I've had it? It would cost me more to get the fridge fixed than what I paid for it! I know Danby prides themselves on their quality products, but I will never buy from them again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

My husband and I brought a Danby fridge. Not even a year old and it quit working. I have called and everyone tells me to wait for an email. They just say that so they don't have to deal with the crappy products they sell. I will never buy from them again and I don't recommend them to anyone so don't buy danby products. They are **.

Danby Refrigerators Company Information