Call toll free
3.38/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized for their exceptional products, Viking provides free standing ranges, range tops, ovens, refrigeration of all kinds, and much more. They have re-engineered their products and they are better than ever. You can now own these products that were previously available only in commercial kitchens. Since partnering with The Middleby Corporation over two years ago, they’ve shifted their culture to ensure their products, quality, and service are the best out there. With numerous products to choose from, you’ll find exactly what you’ve been looking for.

Viking Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1040 Viking Refrigerators Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 7, 2019

We remodeled our kitchen eight years ago. We were so excited that our new kitchen was going to be an all Viking Professional kitchen, seven appliances. Unfortunately, our excitement was short lived. We began having issues, first, with our range. After several years of dealing with the oven we finally got those issues resolved. The refrigerator is just not well made. The crisping drawer has lost its plastic windows. The plastic butter keepers on the door have broken also. But we have had to have the ice maker repaired continually.

Currently, the water dispenser and ice bucket have broken again. We had our repairman find out how much it will cost to replace them. It's going to cost $1,600 to replace the parts. So we have decided not to put any more money into repairing this refrigerator since we could have bought a brand new one with the money we have already spent on repairs on this one. We also have a Viking Professional three zone wine refrigerator. The fans for the different zones continue to break. We are currently waiting on two fans because two zones' fans are broken. In fact, this time one fan broke and we ordered the fan. When it arrived it had broken in the mail.

In the meantime another fan has broken. So we are currently waiting on two new whole fan units. Our Viking Professional dishwasher's bottom rack only has one wheel because the others have broken. On the top rack there are folding panels on the sides that have broken so many times that we have just zip tied them on. And the door on the soap dispenser has broken off. I realize our appliances are eight years old but we have had problems with them from the very beginning. I also realize Viking is under new ownership. But, unfortunately, I've lost my faith in the brand.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We deeply apologize for ALL areas of concern. After careful review, this information has been forwarded to our escalation team. A team specialist will reach out to you within 7 business days.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 17, 2019

I purchased a Viking Professional Kitchen package in April 2014. Included 42" Refrigerator, 48" range, hood, and dishwasher. Have had major issues from the start. Range: Repaired 4 times. Dishwasher: First one was fixed 6 times, then replaced. Fridge: First one was fixed 7 times, then replaced after 2.5 years. The replacement caught on fire 1.5 years later (fire department called). Customer Service and Warranty is a nightmare. Spent $17k+.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We sincerely apologize for all areas of concern with your appliances. Due to justifiable circumstances, Viking was able to replace the refrigerator. While we do not anticipate any further service, please reach out to Viking should the need arise.

Original review: June 5, 2019

My Viking double drawer under counter refrigerator is fantastic. The unit itself feels of super strength quality. The temperature is always spot on even with the abuse of my 4 children going in and out for drinks. We love the LED interior lighting and heavy duty door rails on the drawers. We also love our Viking dishwasher. It is very quiet and has a spotless wash. Viking truly the heart of our kitchen. Thank you!

Original review: June 4, 2019

The counter depth side by side refrigerator is great. The freezer is a drawer pull out from the bottom. The only issue we had was the ice maker kept freezing up due to a lack of insulation from the refrigerator above. They had to visit us 4 times to retrofit it and get it working. So far so good. The price was a bit higher than Samsung, but hopefully, it'll last longer. The design is great for us and it looks great. My wife is happy with it.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I had some problems with my Viking Refrigerator. The fans weren’t working. But it was under warranty and it was replaced, so that was good. I’m happy with the warranty work and their reps have been good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: May 22, 2019

Famous Tate delivered my Viking refrigerator like I expected. Though I wish the ice maker would work a little faster, the ref is functioning as expected.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I've had 20 years of experience with Viking before and never had a problem with it. It's quality and they last a long time. But these last six years that I had wasn’t as good as the first time I had an experience with their refrigerator 20 years ago. The quality of it wasn’t as good and I had trouble with my installation. They didn’t really install it very well so I had to have them come back again. And I also had a defect in one my shelves that had to be returned. Other than that, I usually call the manufacturer in Mississippi if I need anything and they are the most excellent to deal with the troubleshoots. I can call them if I suspect that I have a problem and they’ve been the best. If you call the purchase department, they're very good at saying, “Well, I don't think that," "Maybe that’s not it," or "Yes. You can order this part," or "You can’t order this part." So, I depend on them a little bit more than a local person.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 20, 2019

We did a kitchen remodel and the person whom we were using to do the kitchen was the distributor for Viking. We got a Viking Refrigerator but then it woke me up last night as there is some sort of sensor that goes off and sets the alarm off. We have already had this sensor fixed once and now it's broken again. Additionally, the drawer doesn't seem to shut right. The way freezer drawers work should be that they slide really easily, regardless if there's a lot of weight. However, after two weeks of operation, our freezer drawer has slowed down to the point where we have to push it with effort to get it to close.

Viking has tried to have that fixed and nobody has been able to fix it. They contract with local repair people who have been very responsive. These repair people have addressed the issues, as reported but then there's still some sort of sensor that fails. The problem wasn't too bad when the sensor was going off at 7:00 AM or 8:00 AM. However, it has been going off at 3:22 in the morning and it's annoying. There are beeping sounds coming from the kitchen that's surrounded by hardwood floors. The techs who have come have replaced several pieces the last time they came out. The problem with the sensor stopped for two or three weeks after that but then started again.

Viking Refrigerators response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We deeply apologize for all areas of concern. Viking was able to remedy this situation by replacing your refrigerator. While we do not anticipate any further service, please reach out to Viking should the need arise.

Original review: May 19, 2019

We had an issue with the ice maker on our Viking Refrigerator. It wouldn't work when making crushed ice. We called someone and they came out. But it sounded like they didn't really know how to fix it and somebody else came out and fixed it. The customer service was mediocre. Other than that, we've been satisfied with our Viking Refrigerator.

Original review: May 18, 2019

We were doing a complete remodel of our kitchen, so I was looking at all the appliances for the kitchen. I've done remodels of kitchens for five or six years and I've always used Sub-Zero but we decided to try how Viking would work out. We liked the look, the overall aesthetics, and quality of it and the pricing was a big thing, too. There seemed to be a good overall package deal with the broad suite of Viking appliances. What we ended up doing was our entire kitchen is all Viking appliances. The refrigerator has been good so far. The lighting and design are good and I like the easy closing of drawers which is kind of nice. Also, the ability of not to have to do the cleaning of the vents and things was an important feature.

Viking Refrigerators Company Information