Vector Security vs. Cove
Find Home Alarm and Security Systems near you
Compare Vector Security and Cove
Cove and Vector Security both offer DIY and professionally monitored security systems. Cove may be more expensive upfront, but the company includes features like a long trial period and very affordable monitoring. Vector packages monitoring and installation in one monthly cost, which is more affordable upfront.
Installation and cost
|Upfront cost||$99 to $199||Varies based on equipment|
|Trial period||One-year warranty on equipment||60-day money-back guarantee|
|Contract terms||Varies||No term contracts|
|Professional||Included||$99 to $199||One-year warranty on equipment||Varies|
|DIY||None||Varies based on equipment||60-day money-back guarantee||No term contracts|
Monitoring plans and pricing
|Monitoring price range||$46 to $64||$17.99 to $27.99/month|
|24/7 professional monitoring||Starting at $46||Starting at $17.99/month|
|Upgraded professional monitoring||$64||Starting at $27.99/month|
|$46 to $64||Professional||—||—||Starting at $46||$64|
|$17.99 to $27.99/month||Professional||—||—||Starting at $17.99/month||Starting at $27.99/month|
|Wired or wireless?||Wireless||Wireless|
|Camera options||Indoor and outdoor cameras||Indoor and outdoor cameras|
|Glass break sensor|
|Panic button||Medical panic button||Medical panic button|
|Wireless||Indoor and outdoor cameras||Not listed||Medical panic button|
|Wireless||Indoor and outdoor cameras||—||Medical panic button|
|Garage door control||—|
|Temperature sensor||Not listed||Heat detector within smoke detector|
|—||—||—||—||Heat detector within smoke detector|
|Mobile app monitoring|
|Notification/alert options||Email, text and push||Phone, email, text and push|
|Home automation capabilities||—|
|Other integrations||Smart plugs||—|
|4.7||3.9||Email, text and push||Smart plugs|
|2.3||2.5||Phone, email, text and push||—||—|
Reputation on ConsumerAffairs
|Overall star rating||4.3||2.4|
|Verified customer reviews||Vector Security reviews||Cove reviews|
|4.3||Vector Security reviews|
All information accurate as of publishing date.
Vector Security offers a streamlined approach to home security, with three security packages that include monitoring and equipment in the monthly cost. Some of the options are available without an upfront payment. These packages include home security and automation products, although the full range of automation options is a bit more limited with Vector than with some other companies. All packages also include a SecurityCare Plus warranty plan that offers benefits like free battery replacements and repairs.
Vector Security plans
- Essential Security: Starting at $44.95 per month, the Essential Security package is a good starting system. This package comes with a wireless control panel, three door/window sensors and a motion detector. No upfront payment is required.
- Home Automation: The Home Automation package starts at $55.95 per month and requires a $99 upfront payment. This package combines security with automation and comes with a wireless control panel, three door/window sensors, a motion detector, a video camera and access to the mobile app.
- Connected Home: Starting at $69.95, the Connected Home package offers a well-rounded approach to security and automation. This package includes a control panel, three door/window sensors, a motion detector, a video camera, a smart thermostat, a door lock and mobile support. You must pay $149 upfront with this option.
What Vector Security customers say
Vector Security customers who left positive reviews on ConsumerAffairs frequently mentioned good customer service, easy communication and friendly reps. Many people said they would recommend the system to others. A few customers wrote about experiencing issues with customer service — mostly around system troubleshooting and cancellation.
Cove specializes in build-it-yourself security packages for customers with various needs. The company offers an online quiz to help you decide the security solution that’s best for your needs. Systems start at $249, which just covers the cost of the base unit. Cove doesn’t offer a wide range of products, especially when it comes to smart-home options. Customers must pay for the upgraded monitoring plan if they want to perform DIY monitoring, which can be annoying for some.
Unlike most companies, Cove doesn’t offer equipment-based plans. The website has you build a package based on your needs. From there, you can choose from two monitoring packages:
- Cove Basic: Cove Basic gives customers access to 24/7 professional monitoring, environmental monitoring and hourly automated system checks. Cove Basic also comes with a one-year warranty on all equipment as well as other communication benefits. This plan is 50 cents a day, or about $183 per year.
- Cove Plus: Cove Plus lets you view your video footage live through the mobile app. It also includes the same 24/7 professional monitoring, environmental monitoring and system checks as the Basic package. The warranty on this plan is for the lifetime of the equipment. Cove Plus is around $305 per year, or 83 cents per day.
What Cove customers say
Cove has mixed reviews on our site. According to happy customers, it’s easy to install and a good value. Some reviews mention false alarms or service problems. Cove uses AT&T as a carrier, so the service issues are likely specific to particular areas.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.