Shark Vacuums

Shark Vacuums

2.9/5 (852 ratings)

About Shark Vacuums

Shark Vacuums Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shark?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2023

No way to communicate with them. I been calling for a week by phone and takes over an hour and after that calls drops. I like this brand but service is the VERY BAD now. I turned to another brand. Stay away from this terrible bad customer service,,, good product but very disappointed service.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

I bought a Shark Clean Vacuum Robot around 4 months ago via Amazon. It stopped working after 4 months. So I contacted customer care where I spent around 40 minutes which included troubleshooting effort with the customer support person. After that they offered me (as this was still under warranty) a new device (of same model) but they charged me shipping charges of USD $ 25 (I live in Canada so CAD $40). So now I am like why I am being charged as it is not my fault that robot stopped working. I do not recommend this further.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

I purchased a Shark Wet/Dry mop machine less than 2 years ago, and the product no longer wet mops. I spent the money to purchase a new water reservoir which apparently wasn't the problem. It is an inside defect which should be the manufacturer's responsibility. I called customer service and because it is out of warranty (90 days) they would not replace the product, or repair it. For the amount of money I spent on this product ($399.00,) it should have lasted more than 1 year or so. They did offer 30% off to purchase another one, but since it was a defective product that failed me, I am not about to spend money over money for another product that may or may not be defective. Very poor responsibility on the manufacturer's side. I would at least have expected them to allow me to return this defective product for a new product since it was a manufacturer's issue and not owner misuse whether it is in or out of warranty. Very disappointed customer.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

Not a very good customer service experience. Wanted to return, despite four calls was unable to get return voucher on email. Explain to representative with no help, comments that I will get in 1 hour.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

Shark has to be the VERY WORST company to patronize. Customer service is dismal at best (actually non-existent) and when called, refused to give any information concerning tracking. Purchased a brand new cordless from shark and upon receiving, would not even turn on. Then have to wait indefinitely for them to replace. Subsequently will most happily refuse the replacement if they happen to ever get around to sending it. Do what you like...but...be wise and do not patronize this company under any circumstances.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

All Shark vacuums are junk. I have had 4 that are crap in the last 4 years. They are junk. Don't buy any shark vacuums. They are junk. Don't buy anything from shark. All they sell is junk. Don't buy anything from them.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I do not recommend the shark vacuum, or any shark product for that matter. I received this as a gift from my children. They purchased it from Bed Bath and Beyond. I called customer service and my children have called in regards to this matter. When I spoke to customer the first time. The representative actually sighed. I was being respectful and cooperative as I’ve been in sales for over 20 years. Customer service says nothing is covered because the vacuum itself was not purchased directly through Shark. I’ve had the vacuum less than a year. Doesn’t keep a charge. Roller doesn’t stay in, and it sounds horrible. The vacuum sucks. The Warranty doesn’t cover anything. Shark customer service is awful!!!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

I bought a Shark rotator for my wife. What a fool I was. I bought a $250 toy. My wife found that the only suction in the head was about an inch and a half wide in the center of the head. And the suction wasn't much, picking up a small ball of cotton but not much more than that. I took the shark back to the store and got my money back. Then I ended up spending about seven times more and bought a Kirby. My wife was so pleased that she allowed me to vacuum our hardwood floors throughout the home. Nothing on the floor escaped the Kirby. I can only imagine how much dirt is embedded into carpet after a Shark run through. I gave a one-star rating to the Shark. A zero star would be accurate.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I called to report a issue with my Rocket vacuum cleaner that wasn't working. Up on completion of the troubleshooting the unit, the call was disconnected and wasn't able to get resolution. When I called back customer service was closed. I called the next morning and was greeted by a representative who wasn't very friendly and her tone was unwelcoming. I had to repeat myself. She was unapologetic for the previous experience, and it seemed she didn't care about my issue or previous drop call. Which led me to asking for a supervisor. One wasn't available and I did not receive a callback as promised within the 2 to 4 hours. I called back a 3rd time, and my issue was resolved by a representative. However, I still wasn't able to speak to a supervisor regarding the past experience and to provide a feedback or coaching opportunities for the first two representatives. One call resolution should be the goal.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

I have had a Shark vac mop for over a year and used to love it. I live in an RV and it was perfect for what I needed. However, they have changed the pad and it is terrible. It doesn’t pick up, it folds up and rips up. I have experienced this sort of thing with big business so many times you get a product you like and then they change it and make it cheaper without lowering the price. I called customer service and they said there was nothing they could do because I didn’t order it from them directly! It is their brand there’s no excuse for this. They just want more profit. I have to use three of these to the one I used to need for a week's worth of vacuuming. The pads aren’t cheap so I will be finding a different product to use. I will be telling others. I used to boast to fellow rv owners. Not anymore. PS, this is actually the first review I have ever done online but the change in the pads was so obvious I had to do it!

Shark author review by Sandy Baker

Shark is a family business in its third generation of ownership. The company makes a diverse range of household products and appliances.

• Lightweight design: Shark Navigator vacuums have lightweight designs that make cleaning easier.

• Customer reviews: Customer reviews on the Shark website help potential buyers decide which models are right for them.

• Available accessories: There are plenty of accessories that make Shark Navigator vacuums useful for cleaning vehicles, stairs, furniture and hard-to-reach surfaces.

• Customer service: Shark has strong customer services that include a lengthy online FAQ, live chat and Web support.

• VIP Warranties: Buyers can add five-year or lifetime warranties to their orders.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Shark Vacuums Company Information