Shark Vacuums

Shark Vacuums

3.2/5 (71 ratings)

About Shark Vacuums

Shark Vacuums Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shark Vacuums?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shark?

Original review: May 16, 2022

This is an amazing 'work horse' of a vacuum. Only thing (until recently) ever replaced were filters. Last week - 7 years after purchase - the dust bin broke. Keith in Customer Service was super helpful. Through the use of my cell phone's camera, he figured out what was wrong & ordered a new 'bin' & filter for me. It arrived 4 days later (on Sunday!!) and all's good. With 3 shedding animals in the family, this does a remarkable job on our thick-pile carpet. Also on hard surfaces. Highly recommend this brand. Best one I've ever used.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

"Higgins" is awesome! Truthfully, I've spent too much time watching him because he is so fascinating. He stops and goes to his dock to empty the dust cup and then resumes where he left off! He needs to stop, go to his dock and recharge because of the size of our house, but again, he knows where he left off and goes back. He fits under my kitchen cabinets and even gets into the corners. He vacuums under the beds, he even got under our couch and love seat and found his way back out again. His mapping of our home is right on! We are very impressed! One of our best ever purchases!!

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I recently purchased the Shark brand Navigator vacuum. I have only used it a few times but I have to say I’m very very pleased. The suction power is excellent and it removed A LOT of dirt, dust, and hair from our carpets. Again, the strong suction seems to work very well. It’s also very lite, and guiding it around was very easy. Lifting to bring upstairs was very easy. If I want to vacuum the carpeted stairs I can remove the canister, and hold it while doing each step. It’s also very easy to open and remove all the dirt from the holding canister.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

We have a Shark vertex lift away and the suction is incredible. The self cleaning brush has also impressed us as we have two family members with long hair and a very fluffy cat. We always had to cut the hair off of the brush on the old one but the Shark has been squeaky clean. The lift away feature is handy for maneuvering on the stairs too. Our previous vacuum was a Dyson and it was very heavy. This shark is a breeze to bring up and down from first to second floor. Overall 5 stars and I hope it lasts.

Original review: June 27, 2021

About 4 months after I purchased the vacuum, it wasn't picking up. I called customer service and they took me through the steps of cleaning it. They told me if that didn't fix the problem, to call back and they would have me cut the cord and send me a new vacuum. It worked better but after a few months it wasn't picking up at all. I considered getting rid of my area rug or buying a new, better vacuum. Then I read some reviews on this vacuum that said it picked up dog hairs better than their Dyson and so I called them back. They said they would replace vacuum after I cut cord. The wand was working perfectly so that would have left me without a vacuum for 10 days! This was not acceptable to me. I told them I would cut the cord after I received the new one. They said they couldn't do that.

Finally, they sent me just the bottom part, not the whole vacuum. I added the old handle, cord and dust bin. It picked up amazingly well! It had never picked up like this from the first day. In fact, it works better on dog hair than my old Riccar that was made for this purpose. I was amazed. The reason I didn't give 5 stars is I agree with many people who say that you shouldn't be paying for shipping for parts on a machine under warrantee. Also, you shouldn't have to fight as hard as I did to get things done. Some of their policies are just wrong in my opinion. But in the end for the $22.50 shipping charge I have a great vacuum.

Original review: April 23, 2022

This vacuum is great for picking up dirt. I use it every day. After 4 years they just replaced the handle because the roller quit working. This vacuum is not convenient for the elderly. I have hurt my thumb using the on and off switch. It is so hard to push it has hurt my whole thumb area and it has been bad for a couple of years. The wand when taken off to go into areas that are hard to reach, I find the handle gets in the way due to the wraps on the side to put the cord away. Just difficult and time consuming when working with this vacuum. Older persons need easier parts to work with. Don't get me wrong it works wonders on picking up dirt even after 4 years with this brand. This is my second one thru the years. The last product was easier to handle though. Would I do it again, of course.

Original review: April 2, 2022

The worst vacuums on the planet...this is a money grab disposable, eco destructive piece of China crap! Come on America why do we keep making China rich on this crap. Attachments should be universal throughout the entire product line, and designed by a professional house cleaner...smh!

Original review: March 11, 2022

Customer service is brutal. The docking station motor smells burning every time it's offloading the dirt from the Shark AI XL robo-hoover. Called customer service within 14 days of receiving the unit and in a roundabout way said they won't cover replacement. Customer service looks for every way to get away from their warranty obligations. Also, I can't buy a replacement docking station, no way to do that and customer service not willing to help in any way. Avoid like the plague. By your robohoover elsewhere.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I have a Shark SK460, which works fine, but Shark does not sell the cleanser bottle that is needed to operate the cleaner anymore. Instead of throwing away a perfectly good cleaner and buying another one, I called Shark customer service to see what they would do in this situation. Twice I was told a supervisor would call me back - never did. With such poor service, I will not buy another Shark product and am ordering a Bissell cleaner.

Original review: March 3, 2022

I called the support center about a Shark vacuum I purchased in the UK. I have since moved to the US and so I need to purchase a different wall plug style for this unit. I tried to register the unit online using the model and serial number, I tried the QR code and both gave me an incorrect model number. So I called the support center and the person I spoke to kept telling me that I needed to call when I was in front to the unit so they can help me find the model number. Well I told them I have a picture of the model number on the box, the number on the vacuum head, and the QR code and she said there is nothing she could do until I was with the unit. There is nothing different on the unit. Absolute waste of time after paying so much money for this appliance. I am not going to sort this issue on my own.

Shark author review by Sandy Baker

Shark is a family business in its third generation of ownership. The company makes a diverse range of household products and appliances.

• Lightweight design: Shark Navigator vacuums have lightweight designs that make cleaning easier.

• Customer reviews: Customer reviews on the Shark website help potential buyers decide which models are right for them.

• Available accessories: There are plenty of accessories that make Shark Navigator vacuums useful for cleaning vehicles, stairs, furniture and hard-to-reach surfaces.

• Customer service: Shark has strong customer services that include a lengthy online FAQ, live chat and Web support.

• VIP Warranties: Buyers can add five-year or lifetime warranties to their orders.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Shark Vacuums Company Information