Shark Navigator Vacuum

Compare Vacuums

Research top Vacuums recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought my Shark Rotator Lift-Away just over two years ago. I gave my previous vacuum, a Shark Navigator, to my aunt because it was light and easy for her to use (she's 81). My current Shark has more suction than any other vacuum I've used including my sister's Dyson. It has been very reliable and durable with one small exception, and Shark's customer service made that a non-issue. The carpet sweeper was causing the circuit breaker in my basement to trip. It didn't happen when I used it upstairs. Shark sent me a new one under warranty without hesitation. I couldn't ask for more.

I had been very happy with my Shark Vacuum, and even recommended it to others. I bought directly from the company because they provided a Lifetime Warranty. Well, after about 1 year, the vacuum lost suction and the roller stopped rotating. I called the company and they said they'd send replacement parts. A few weeks later I still hadn't received the parts. An email said they were on back order but no date. Today (1 month after my first call) I called the company and the automated system said I can expect to receive the parts in MARCH!! 4 months from now.

I spoke to a representative who said they should come at end of January - so now, who knows??? I have lost trust. I requested they just send me new vacuum instead but she said that was not possible. However, a reviewer from just 2 weeks ago, sounds like they had a new vacuum sent. So now I don't believe anything they are telling me. I like the vacuum a lot but not when its not working and when the company doesn't stand up to its products. Disappointed, and a dirty house!

I purchased this vacuum on April 15 2015. It no longer works and in order to get any warranty you must purchase a box, take time off work to ship this and then be without it for who knows how long. What a rip off. Was a long time Shark user and now 2 out of our three Shark products do not work properly. Well will not make the mistake of buying any other Shark products.

I bought a vacuum from Shark that is supposed to be a "Lift-Away." It says that on the vacuum itself. However, it does not do what they show on commercials. I have written to Shark a couple times and they are not interested in helping me. You see, the vacuum has started clogging. I have to lay the machine down, turn the two plastic locks on the beater/roller bottom to allow the vacuum tube to straighten, and then pull all the clog (dog hair, dirt, whatever) out as best I can. It then runs ok until the next time. I am so tired of unclogging a vacuum that is not suppose to lose suction, but it does every time it clogs which is most every time I use it.

My wife was going to buy another Shark vacuum after a 1 1/2 years when the vacuum motor quit. I call Shark customer service and they sent a replacement unit fast no hassle. NO charge. My wife really likes her Shark and was prepared to buy a new one but that didn't happen because of the great customer service. Thanks Shark.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shark?

In November of 2016 I purchased a new vacuum. I chose the Shark Lift Away due to the lightness of the vacuum and the seemingly easy options for use. The price was also not bad and comparable to others. I'd seen Sharks products advertised on TV and felt it was a safe buy. I was wrong. When I got home my children used the vacuum to clean their rooms. They told me that the vacuum had shocked them. They didn't want to use it anymore. I brushed it off thinking that maybe it had just been once and they just didn't really want to vacuum their rooms. Tonight I used the vacuum for the first time and felt for myself that this was NO joke!

About every 3 seconds or more I was delivered a significant shock into my hand. If my legs happened to make contact with the vacuum as well then they would receive a shock as well. It was not a small shock too. It was actually quite painful. I couldn't even finish vacuuming my bedroom. I immediately looked up Sharks customer service number and I also did a search on the product and saw article after article about recalls for the Shark Lift Away vacuums. CNN even had story after story and news reports about the recalls stating that the product was delivering shocks to people. With that information I contacted Shark.

I told the customer service agent about my problems and she acted surprised. I didn't mention at that point that I was aware of an on going problem. She then told me that she was not able to find any information about any problems for the vacuum, however their recommendation was for me to not wear polyester while vacuuming, and before I vacuum, I should wet the unit down with a damp cloth and make sure that my hands are damp while vacuuming. I should also wipe the unit down with a dryer sheet.

At that response to my problem I replied that I was 42 years old and I have NEVER had to do anything while vacuuming to prevent myself from being delivered a painful shock before and I certainly did not intend to start now. I also pointed out that customers should not have to prevent themselves from being shocked and hurt by a product they paid for. I then told her I was aware of a recall, and also multiple news stories by CNN. She told me she was not aware of any recalls or stories by CNN. I told her all she had to do was research it on the computer and she would find the articles easily. She put me on hold eventually to see "what else they could do".

When she came back to the phone she asked if I had tried to return the unit to the store. I said I had not because I didn't have the receipt anymore. Was afraid they wouldn't take it back. She told me that her manager told her that the recalls were on older models of the Shark Lift Away but there was no recall on the newer ones. I told her that there needed to be because obviously the problem was not fixed. She told me to try to take it back to the store and if they wouldn't take it back then I should call them back at Shark and they would take the vacuum back but I would have to pay for shipping the defective one to them and pay a shipping charge of $20.00 to have a replacement shipped to me. They would be sending me the exact same unit as well.

I informed her that first of all, I should not have to pay to send back THEIR defective vacuum, and I shouldn't have to pay to send a new one out. Also, why would they replace it with the same kind of vacuum when obviously the Shark Lift Aways have had continual problems and even if it was an older model that was recalled, was I REALLY expected to believe that out of ALL the newer models, only mine was accidentally defective? I informed her that good companies stand beside their products. I would call the store I bought it from and see if they would help me, however since I had called THEM directly at Shark and it was THEIR product then THEY should be handling the problem... not putting it off on the store.

I didn't call the store first, I contacted Shark and it was very poor service to have them deny the problem and to put me out by not handling it. I informed them that I would be writing Consumer Affairs as well. She did nothing to try to appease the situation at all and I was not ugly to her in any way. After I hung up I called Walmart where I purchased the vacuum. To my extreme pleasure, they took the problem VERY seriously and agreed to help me. I WILL be shopping at Walmart again and again. I will be buying a new vacuum from Walmart. I WILL NOT be buying a Shark vacuum or any other Shark product again however!

I bought the Lift-Away professional 3 years ago for about $200. I never spent so much on a vacuum cleaner, but given the good reviews, I thought it was worth it. True, the vacuum has a lot of functions. I like that it cleans well and comes with many attachments. However, the design is flawed. It is top-heavy when you use the roller as a base. When you use the attachments while using the roller base at the same time, the vacuum would fall over. I hold onto it as much as I can while using the attachments, but it still falls sometimes.

Due to this poor design, the entire piece of plastic that holds up the canister cracked apart. When I called Shark, it said since it is not a manufacturer failure, it is not covered. They would be happy to give me a discount on a new vacuum cleaner. Really? The vacuum before this cost me only $80 and lasted 10 years. This Shark lasted only 3 years (and I used it infrequently, since my cleaning lady uses her own.) I declined the coupon, as I will never ever purchase a Shark or any product made by Shark (including Ninja) again. It is made with cheap plastic and with its poor design, it is not worth the cost. Stay away from this cheaply made product.

I do NOT recommend this vacuum for anyone with long hair or pets as you cannot remove the roller bar for cleaning. I have 4 girls and 2 dogs. Trying to clean that bar while still in the machine is crazy. If you must make it where it cannot be removed at least make it accessible without the divider bars across the bottom. VERY poor design for anyone with a need to clean regularly.

I have only had this vacuum for 18 months. Already I have to buy a new vacuum. The handle has broken twice now, the hose broke a few weeks ago and the canister clip broke the first month I had it. I would NOT recommend this vacuum to anyone. It is made poorly.

I bought this vacuum for my wife about a year and a half ago, before that she's always had an OREC. Not even two years later this SHARK product doesn't work half as good as our 10 yr. old OREC. I paid over 300.00$ for it, on payments, and it not even picking up cat hair anymore. As far as I'm concerned we were ripped off. I don't get no response from anyone. I will never buy another one of these. Again total disappointed. Over charged and under quality.

I have owned this sweeper for approx 3 months. From the first day I had issues with the top handle that has the hose attached to it - would not stay attached to the sweeper. When the concern become so constant that the only way I could use the sweeper was by tying it together I called and registered a complaint. They diagnosed the problem over the phone and I have found their shipping practices with FedEx have been terrible. No parts yet even though tracking number at one point showed it should arrive 3 days ago. Now number shows no current information. I contacted Shark today and requested a new sweeper. Needless to say I was blown off and told parts should arrive in 3 more days.

I bought this Shark 4 month ago. I do look at reviews to make a decision. At first it was fine. Here the problem. It's only clean so much. It's doesn't get the job done so I purchased a Kirby and the sell guy and I did a test. The Kirby pick up dirt I did even know that was. They disgusting. I am extremely disappointed with this Shark vacuum for the reason people go out and spend their money think they are getting a good product. Nope. Here pictures from the new vacuum. Thanks a lot Shark family.

I bought this vacuum about 6 months ago and the internal hose that is in the power head cracked and the suction is weak because of it. It is under warranty and they said they would send a new power head to me. I waited 10 days and called them and was told it would be 6 weeks and then I get an email it would be around February 17. That is 8 more weeks??? I have 2 dogs and no vacuum for 8 weeks??? Beware when you think of buying a Shark vacuum.

Last fall we purchased our first Shark Navigator. We had had two Dyson's animals (we have Labs, who shed a lot) and we were not happy with them. They are very clumsy to use, no light on it and above floor is almost impossible to do. Had seen the Shark Navigator and said "Let's try it". Well we had vacuumed the house with the Dyson then went over it with the Shark... wow. Could not believe all the dirt and dust we got in the Shark. It is so easy for me to do the stairs with the Shark because the canister comes off. Yes I would recommend this vacuum to anyone. As a matter of fact we told our daughter, who also had a Dyson, about the Navigator and she did buy one. Glad we switched. Satisfied customer.

I had my Shark replaced after years of use. Now the new one shocks us every time we use it. I called Shark. They say rub it with a dryer sheet. Still months later no better. They say no electrical going in the handle so should not shock.

Got home with my new Rotator Speed. Brush roll not working. Went through the troubleshooting steps twice, still nothing. Called Shark "customer support". Service rep insisted on walking me through all the steps I had already done. At one point, she asked me to let her know when I turned on the vac. I said "ready" and she said in a rude tone "I don't hear a vacuum running." Well lady, I'm standing right here and it IS running. So let's proceed. Long story short, like I thought, it was defective. I was told to return to store. Gee, thanks. I could have done that without 15 minutes on the phone.

My son bought me this vacuum from Amazon in January 2016. The bottom wheels disintegrated in 10 months time. I called customer service which I might add has to be the rudest customer service I've ever dealt with. I explained I needed the wheels and was told that I have to pack up the vacuum and send it back. They will send me a mailing label but I have to pay for the vacuum to be shipped back which will be 19.95 not to mention what it will cost me for the packing of a large vacuum to send it to them. My vacuum is still under warranty so this is ridiculous for wheels that cost maybe a dollar. I refused to send my vacuum back. It would cost me entirely too much. I will never buy another Shark product.

Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional (NV356E) - I bought this in February of 2016 from Amazon and it just stopped working on me last week. I bought a warranty with it. I called the warranty company who referred me to the manufacturer Shark. Customer service was horrible. They told me I would get a replacement part in 2 day. Never got a replacement part. Called back and they said the part is on back order til December. So I have to be without a vacuum for 3 months. I asked for a supervisor 'cause that was unacceptable and they said someone will call me back but they still haven't. So pissed I spent close to $200 for this vacuum cleaner and it just stop working and I can't even get it fixed or get a replacement. Don't buy from Shark. The vacuum is crap and the customer service is crap.

I received a Shark professional rotator vacuum as a gift 2 years ago... LOVE this vacuum and LOVE Sharks customer service. I dropped the vacuum twice over the past few months and called Shark directly. They immediately sent me replacement parts, for FREE, no questions asked! This company truly backs their products!

I ordered a vacuum directly from Sharkclean.com. I subsequently received an email letting me know they order had been cancelled. I contacted them via chat and they indicated Scot. "Thank you for your patience. I'm so sorry, for our mutual protection your order has been cancelled as the billing information on file was deemed invalid. I am afraid that I must inform you that no further orders will be processed for your account. This is a security procedure in place to protect card holders. For privacy reasons I am unable see the specific error which triggered this security software, however I would have to direct you to purchase this unit at a retail store as further orders on your account will be cancelled automatically."

Really? No reason and my account is cancelled? I have bought from 100's of online companies and I had never ever had something as ridiculous as this happen to me. I did apply a $25.00 discount to the order. I believe this is the real reason they cancelled my order.

I've never received better customer service than I did today, when I called Shark. The wheel fell off my Shark Rotator vacuum. To start with, I was put through right away to service rep Gage. He was knowledgeable, polite and efficient. He said that because my vacuum was within the five year warranty, they would gladly replace the floor nozzle unit. Not only is Shark paying for the shipping cost but they also emailed a convenient return label. And I'm not even required to send in my original purchase receipt (they confirmed my purchase by looking it up on their computer). Thankfully, their label is designed to mail your parcel at any of the well known package delivery companies, which means I can mail it at the post office, (there are no UPS or FedEx stores here in the boondocks). I'm so pleased that I'll able to keep my Shark. I've become spoiled in owning such a versatile machine and have no desire to own any another brand. It does it all!

I had a fault with my Shark Vacuum cleaner (which I purchased an year ago) and it stopped working since June/July 2016. I called in customer service and was able to speak to them after several attempts. The customer service person told me that I need to return my unit so they can ship me a new one in a week or so. I was told there will be $20 shipping charge to send the non-working unit but I ended up paying $20 more for wrapping the product to FedEx it. I am still waiting for more than a month to get my new unit yet and when I called in couple of weeks ago, they said the product is in warehouse picking status (as the product may be no more in stock) and they will escalate and send a product which is similar or greater in value.

I called in customer service this Monday (3rd week) as well as Friday (today) and they were rude in saying the same thing that this is already escalated and they are not giving me a date when the new product will be shipped. The worst customer service I have ever experienced so far. Please DO NOT BUY any SHARK products. Their product and customer service is the worst than anything.

I have had a Shark NV3598E for about 4 years and it has worked flawlessly. I vac just about everyday having 5 cats and a dog. My daughter has a Shark powered Lift-Away TruePet and we could not find the number on her machine, only a serial number. Her dog ate her brush and we wanted to replace it with something a little stiffer. There are 4 models of this Lift-Away TruePet and we did want a pet tool brush, how difficult can it be? I called without having the machine in front of me, I know my fault. She does live 5 hrs away and neither her nor her husband could find the model number, maybe the dog chewed that off too? Not knowing if this pet tool fits a TruePet or just a Rotator or maybe a 57 Chevy.

Right from the get go I got the rudest lady imaginable. If you have a bad day at home you don't take it to work, if you have a bad day at work you hide it on the phone. I needed to have the machine in front of me she said (kind of thought that) but it is a hand held pet tool. I was ready to give her the number of the pet tool to see if it would fit any of these 4 machines. I even had the number of the machines or the hand tool handy but she did not even give me a chance. I think she could have tried to cross reference those numbers, as many times she told me to call back. The other day I talked to the nicest lady from Sirius XM, but that is another story. I only mentioned this to show there are some very nice people in the trenches answering phones.

I really loved my Shark rotator, & would recommend shark to everyone. Until about a year after I received my vac or steam shark the steam quit heating, so when I called the Customer Support # I was told to return the vac & steam & it would be replaced. Afraid I would not get the same or equal to in return, I asked how this worked & what would I be getting in return? At which time I was told that the rotator vac or steam was no longer available, so I would get the rotator Lift away and a steam mop of equal or greater value. Which I would of been happy with that. If that would of been what I received.

Instead I was shocked to see what I was sent in return. the Cheapest steam mop they have, model # S3251 N2A and the vacuum was the same, model #NV105. I have never been so disappointed & let down in my life. Now I won't recommend shark to anyone! And every time I have to Vac or mop it really upsets me & I feel very ripped off because what I received was in no comparison to what I had returned to them.

Have 2 Shark sweepers, paid $36.00 each, very good sweepers. Worked great for the money I paid. The battery packs went out and they wanted $28.95 per battery pack. Telling me that the sweeper rest of the sweeper was only worth $7.05. However if you looked for another replacement part on the same sweeper it was over $30.00 - something wrong with their math. Again the sweepers worked fine for the 9 months before the battery pack went out. No one in customer support knew anything, was informed to buy new sweepers. I'll just go back to the broom and dust pan. Would advise anyone buying from Shark to review their replacement parts first. The battery pack I needed was XB2700 = 4 aa rechargeable battery pack.

Well my last vacuum, green cleaning machine from Shark, that I had for a long time, decided it was time to die, I didn't even check if I could fix it, and I'm sorry for that. The suction on this machine was unbelievable. I researched a lot for a new good vacuum, wanted to find an equal suction vacuum. The rotator was praised highly and was compared to Dyson (that is considered a great vacuum and it was double the price), plus I was happy with my previous Shark, why change? That is what I thought. I was wrong.

I got the Rotator nv750w, with a lot of extra parts. At the moment I find no great use for them but if you are already getting a new machine you might as well get the extras, how can it hurt? Well the suction is poor, all this YouTube reports and comparisons made me believe that it was better than it really is. The hose that connects the vacuum with the sweeper is too short, everything is too heavy, even with the caddy that is being wheeled behind taking care of the canister weight, the hose should really be longer. Set aside the inconveniences of the product which I'd be willing to ignore if only the suction would have been like my previous vacuum.

I'm not returning product cause it's a huge inconvenience and stupidly enough I threw the box away cause I really expected to be happy with this vacuum (that's why I love shopping on Amazon, no problem with returns, no hustles, even if its a couple of extra bucks). Bottomline, go to the store to check product live before spending $450 (Yes, I paid extra $99 + $15 shipping to get a few extras "a gift"). Hope this was helpful, not trying to say don't get it. Just check it out before you do. Maybe my expectations were high but then again, why shouldn't they be? In one word, disappointed.

Same exact experiences as other customers, purchased (wasted my hard earned money) on the Navigator swivel. Had it 3 months and the motor (that turns the rollers) burnt out. How nice they replaced a cheap $1.00 belt for a $70.00 part!!! Called customer service, that's a joke, customer service. The only service I received was from behind with no lube!!! My question is this, with all the complaints how or why is this so called company still in business or at least not being held accountable? Very angry hard working consumer!!!

I bought a shark navigator vacuum a year ago. A few weeks ago it just wouldn't turn on. I am constantly cleaning the rolls, filters, and canister as I use it for work. So, it had been well maintained. Anyway, disappointed I called Shark and was told it has a 3 year warranty. They sent me a label, I packed, sent original receipt and shipped last saturday and today Saturday one week later my new Shark is here! I am so happy they stand by their products! I call it my little buddy because it is so lightweight and easy to clean. Very happy. Now the test to see how long this one will last. Happy for now though. It was an easy process... start to finish!

I purchased a Shark 500 3 years ago and never had a problem. It totally quit working last week. Customer service was excellent! I had a choice of sending the old one back at their expense or purchase a new one at a greatly discounted price. I chose the discounted price. They sent the Shark 700 at a price of 100.00, although I didn't get the small rotating brush I like to use on the stairs. When I called again they sent one at no charge.

I have used this vacuum cleaner a total of 10 times. Now, the brush roll will not work. I have cleaned out the hair and debris and it still will not work! I watched a ridiculous Youtube video with a lady taking about 15 screws out of the head, unplugging a small digital wire, taking more screws out and then finally, ''carefully" pulling the head apart, then more screws and finally, you can check to see if the belt is ok.

The whole time the simpering woman is saying how simple it is. She had to to use two sizes of screw drivers, a pointy thing to ''carefully pry'' (her words, not mine) the wheels off and a ''coin'' to turn some more locks!!! I'M SO SORRY I EVER PURCHASED THIS STUPID VACUUM, AND I'M TAKING IT BACK AND getting a HOOVER, EUREKA or some normal vacuum cleaner!!!

Compare Vacuum Cleaners