2.82/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: March 31, 2018

283 Shark Vacuums Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 31, 2018

After only a few weeks the battery of my Shark handheld vacuum died and I was told they were sending me a replacement. Despite having the model number, they sent the wrong battery. Upon calling I was told they would send the right one and honor my request for overnight delivery. Three days later I found out they used the slowest possible shipping method, FedEx smartpost, with a delivery date that may take 8 days. The Shark rep I spoke with outright lied to me and said the battery was sent overnight; FedEx said otherwise. I will never again deal with a company that lies to its customers.

Updated on 04/13/2018: Shark 16 volt cordless: As an update to previous complaint, note that having sent me the wrong size battery, and having finally sent the right one (by the slowest possible mail), Shark now wants me to send the entire machine back because even with the new battery, it doesn't work. I am not boxing up and sending them anything. They have escalated my complaint to an ombudsman but I am told it takes "24-48 hours" for that call to be returned, and 2 days later I am still waiting. Customer service at this company is among the worst I've ever encountered. Mercifully, Target, where I bought this useless device, replaced it for free. Let's hope the new one lasts more than 3 months.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I have owned every kind of high end vacuum, and the Shark is the best. It's easy to take apart to locate a clog, not loud, cleans everything from bare floor the medium height carpet pile. I've never had to change a fan belt on a Shark either!

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I have owned a Kirby and thought they were the best.. NOT so... Shark vacuum has been the best vacuum I personally have ever used. Suction is unbeatable and ease of using is also unbelievable. It pulls itself and swivels nicely. It does all the work at a decent price.

Original review: March 28, 2018

The Shark Professional is a little heavy but MAN - this thing gets the dirt, especially when you turn on the power brush! New ones get under furniture better than this one, though. And their customer service is awesome! Thought we had a broken one and they just sent us a new one!

Original review: March 28, 2018

I have a Shark Lift Away and I absolutely love it. I have 2 dogs that shed a lot and it makes quick work of the dog hair. It's powerful and easy to use, easy to empty, has great attachments that are easy to change and I love the lift away feature. This is my second Shark vacuum and I will buy another one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shark?

Original review: March 27, 2018

I just love it! It was certainly more expensive than any vacuum I've used before, but, it keeps things amazingly clean. I have two cats. The shedding is no longer visible. My Shark takes care of that!

Original review: March 26, 2018

Bought Shark vacuum Sept 15. Main hose split. Part no longer available. They are going to supply me with a replacement machine. Will it be as good? The environment aspects? I have the trouble of sending them the old machine, which they will then throw away!

Original review: March 26, 2018

I really love my Shark vacuum. The only thing better would be a I Roomba that vacuums your house by itself. If only vacuums did not cost as much nowadays.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I have had other brands, but Shark has best performance, durability and ease. I have recommended it to friends and family. I will stay with this brand.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Shark navigator is an excellent vacuum at the price range it's in. Also, it's a good weight. Very happy with it. We also have four long haired pets, and it picks all the fur up without any problem.

Original review: March 24, 2018

This is the best vacuum I have ever owned. It's lightweight and easy to clean. The suction is amazing. I first bought it for my 78 year old mother because her Hoover became too hard for her to change the pulley when it broke. She was able to manipulate the Shark with ease and it did not hurt her back. I immediately bought one for myself and am delighted.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I bought my Shark NV581 back on Jan 8th 2017. All was perfect I loved my Shark. Now let's go to the present day. I happened to notice that the brush roll has worn right down to nothing. Now this means it is not cleaning my carpet. Well I thought no biggie. I will call Shark. They will take care of me. Right? Wrong. I was on that one. So a lot of issues lets start with the obvious one. Why on earth in that short period of time is this already shot? But anyways when I called the rep did inform me that you cannot just buy a brush roll and change it. That you need a whole new power head 119.99 plus shipping! Are you freaking kidding me? I was at a lost for words and they do not cover that under warranty.

I had my Dyson for 6 plus years. No issues. In fact my buddy who I gave it to still going strong. Well after I caused some a stink up it. I was offered on 50% off. I still no deal then they came back and agreed to send me the part for free I just pay shipping. I am happy about the outcome. Just beware. You are more than likely buying a product that you cannot replace common parts on. Like buying a car that if the battery dies you need to buy a new engine. Just stupid. I will more than likely go back to Dyson in a year when this one wears out again. Do your homework on what you buy so you do not waste your money like I did.

Original review: March 23, 2018

It is a really good vacuum cleaner but it is overpriced and you have to purchase the attachments separate and for the price you have to pay everything should come with it.

Original review: March 23, 2018

The Shark vacuum is great compared to others that I've had. It picks up good, easy to clean and cleans the rugs great. Picks up dog and cat hair like a breeze.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Very efficient and has tools for special areas and adjustable for hard floor or carpet. Also, easy to empty and no bags to buy. Easy clean filters when needed, too.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Bought Shark Rotator, love it. Have sold Electrolux, owned Dyson and Hoovers! Kirby is overpriced junk! Shark is well engineered, reasonably priced, great suction, lightweight! Dyson is also well engineered, price is ridiculous! Hoovers are reasonably priced and work well!

Original review: March 21, 2018

Best vacuum I have ever own. Shark Lift Away beat my own comparisons between Shark/Dyson ball. Also Shark has an exceptional customer service and effortless warranty claims.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I bought a Shark Rocket Advanced upright vacuum about a year ago. I have been more than pleased by the way it deep cleans my area rugs and the way it handles.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Really cleans my carpet areas, never realized how dirty they were until I started using my Shark. Took my 5 days of vacuuming every day until my canister stop filling up then I was able to resume my normal once a week vacuuming.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I have a Shark Rotator Lift Away and I absolutely love it. It's easy to clean the stairs, it's light, it's not too big for me and I can see when it's time to empty the dirt cup.

Original review: March 19, 2018

This Lift-Away Deluxe Vacuum works exceptionally well... that is until your warranty is expired. You will have max of 1 year of life with most of the Shark Vacuums. I have now owned (3!) Different vacuums from Shark. The first I purchased and they had to replace thanks to the limited warranty. Actually, Walmart replaced it. Every time that each vacuum died, it was apparently due to the tabs that release so you can empty the canister. So the vacuum that "never loses suction" provides no suction whatsoever! Please save your money and sanity, DON'T PURCHASE THIS or any of the Shark vacuums!

Original review: March 19, 2018

I have a Shark and love it! Lightweight, easy to handle. All attachments easy to change out and pet brush works perfect! First time owner of an upright.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I just love Shark Vacuums. This is my 3rd one, and I wouldn't buy any other. The other brands can't compete against a Shark, they have the most suction, lightweight and easy to move around and all the attachments work great with the Shark. The quality is great for the price. You get your money's worth.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I ditched my vacuums and bought a Shark. Best vacuum I have ever had. The suction never fails and it is very easy to clean when vacuuming is finished.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Great suction! Picks up cat & dog hair first time over even w/o pet vacuum attachment. Easy to empty and easy to clean dirt cup and filters once a month.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I literally love everything about my Shark vacuum... It vacuums carpets corners of the house crevices between the carpet and wall. It can vacuum my kitchen and bathroom tile. Easy empty access. Easy to put the empty cup right on.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I have owned a Hoover and a Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner and was never satisfied because actually they are not very good. I have 4 dogs and they could not keep my floors clean. I then started seeing ads about the Shark and let me tell you, it is everything the ad tells you that it is. I love it so much that I now have 2. They clean all the shedding. They do not have a bag, they are easy to clean out so they do not clog and the filters are washable very easily. I will never buy anything other than a Shark.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I needed a vacuum cleaner that would suck up sand and dog hair on carpet and no carpet areas. One that didn't spit the sand back at your feet and didn't throw dust around the house. My Shark did this and has lots of power. It is suppose to be just as good as the Dyson and I believe it is.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I bought two Shark IONFlex at the end of January 2018. I and my son were very unhappy with it because the battery was very short-lived. I returned them on February 1st. They were delivered to the Shark company on February 6th 2018. Till this day they have not refunded me my money it is now March 1st. I have spoken with countless people. Some had said I was credited on February 7th 2018 which my bank it said no such credit was sent to my account. On top of that they claimed it was $140 credit in which I spent $146.68. So somewhere along the line they are not good with refunding people their money in a timely manner. I will only buy a Shark vacuum from Costco or Walmart but never from the Shark company. Because they do not stand by what they say.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

In an effort to purchase replacement filters for our Shark I called because they do not list them on their website for our model. The person asked so many questions including the numbers on the plug - yes the plug!! When I asked why all the questions she put me on hold and a minute later the call was dropped. Smug, arrogant and surely is no way to win customers. We are purchasing another vacuum for the upstairs and Shark WAS a contender. Now, this experience coupled to other complaints, I'm not sure we wish to do business with this company.

Here a head spinner. I called back got to a supervisor and asked what filters are available for the HV292 vacuum. I explained how a search on their website produced no result. Oh, they are not listed under your model. They are under HV300! WTFudge. How smart is that? What high paid exec came up with this idea? They used to be a good company now they have fallen to unacceptable lows in customer service, and customer care.

Shark expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Shark is a family business in its third generation of ownership. The company makes a diverse range of household products and appliances.

• Lightweight design: Shark Navigator vacuums have lightweight designs that make cleaning easier.

• Customer reviews: Customer reviews on the Shark website help potential buyers decide which models are right for them.

• Available accessories: There are plenty of accessories that make Shark Navigator vacuums useful for cleaning vehicles, stairs, furniture and hard-to-reach surfaces.

• Customer service: Shark has strong customer services that include a lengthy online FAQ, live chat and Web support.

• VIP Warranties: Buyers can add five-year or lifetime warranties to their orders.

• Best for: Shark's range of vacuum cleaners makes it an attractive option for homeowners, renters and drivers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs