Shark Navigator Vacuum

Compare Vacuums

Research top Vacuums recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased Shark Vacuum cleaner Professional approximately two years ago. The entire metal hose pipe connected to the container completely broke off. I've never been pleased with this vacuum cleaner since day one as it is difficult to maneuver around furniture and the cord is cumbersome to manipulate. This is definitely a manufacturer's defect and I should receive complete refund for the equipment. I purchase machine at a discount store and most likely can retrieve credit card receipt if necessary. Please let me know how to go about obtaining compensation for this worthless product! Pictures are available of the default!

I have called in the Shark three times for two weeks trying to get a replacement part and every time I called and they told me they don't find the order. So I reorder again and tell me it's going to be five days, and still no part has come in. I am going on my third week with still no part and every time I asked to be transferred to a manager they say one moment and hang up on me. Very poor customer service.

We bought the Shark Rotator NV500 on 02/2013. In October 2014, the power head quit working. We called and they sent us a new power head. It arrived in November 2014 and was installed on November 10, 2014. Now, a little over two years later the power head has once again quit working. At the time we got the new power head in November 2014, the person we talked with told us this would be the ONLY TIME they would replace it. I guess we are now stuck with a useless $300 ($200 for the Rotator, $60 for the dust eliminator pack & $46 shipping) unit that only has suction (which is now less than when new). I have put in a request for a replacement under the 5 year warranty, but based on the previous experience and comments from others, I am not holding my breath to get it. That is, unless I pay $84 plus S&H for it. I would not recommend this to company to anyone!

Spoke to customer service about my clogged Shark Ninja and they were able to diagnose that it was obstructed and offered to send me another of $50. I agreed and with shipping and tax it came to $79. BUT the caveat is that it is on backorder and will not arrive for 4 - 6 weeks. Not sure how a vacuum cleaner company can be out of a vacuum cleaner and it ships from Chino, CA. When I complained because one cannot live without a vacuum for 4 - 6 weeks, the rep said there is nothing she can do. Does not sound right to me, they could have offered another vacuum or a solution. Felt calling them was a waste of time.

I've had my Shark for 2 years. Last time I emptied it the dust cover fell off, the hinge broke. I am totally done with this company. If anyone from corporate reads this and can fix or replace. That would be great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shark?

I purchased a Shark NV360 Lift-Away Navigator. It will not work on carpet with any amount of pile. On the carpet setting, as soon as I tilt the handle to start the roller it immediately gets stuck. There is no height adjustment and I have the suction release all the way open. I do not have any overly thick carpets. I have emailed with the company several times and they answered around my question... Telling me to check different parts that had nothing to do with the roller getting stuck. I finally called and was told by a CS Rep and a Supervisor. "I'm sorry it doesn't work but there's nothing we can do." The Supervisor told me I could buy a different Shark item but there would be no trade in value. Bottom line is I am out the money for the unit which does not work on carpet.

As a consumer I wasn't impressed by the Shark vacuum. The ad is misleading and would the promoter of this product even use it or the owner himself. Mark ** is the one who promotes it. When I started making my payments to Shark it went sour from the beginning and I've kept notes. I've filed a c/o with the BBB and Attorney General and I'm sending it back. All I can think of is that this company and the employees and the owner and the tv promotions really need the money to not care for its customers. Well SHAME ON YOU!?? What comes around goes around. Customers are the hold of any co. I will not buy or promote this or any Shark product. If enough people put the pressure on the co. It will belly up and maybe they will be investigated. I have my documentation and photos as well. I give this product an FF RATING.

This vacuum is a piece of **. I received this Shark Navigator Professional Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner as a birthday gift on July 5, 2016, and it is going in the trash today. The motor is going out and your website says it is the same price to just buy a new vacuum, ARE YOU KIDDING ME. Your company markets itself on a bunch of lies. 'Never loses suction' my ass. 'Anti-allergen Complete Seal' **. I have had this vacuum for 10 months and it doesn't function the way it should. I will never recommend this vacuum to anyone. That is $200 in the drain...

I have a Shark Rotator for less than its 5-year warranty. It stank from the get-go, but my husband went and bought it 'cause we had a tight budget. He's a disabled vet and we have limited income. (Otherwise I would have gone back to my life-long affair w/ Electrolux.) I was just vacuuming and it caught its own cord in the suction. I've had this happen many times growing up with my Mom's vacuum and others we owned before this big deal. I turn off the machine, pull out the cord... and it's frayed! The copper is showing! Of course I know I can't use it anymore! What the heck do we do? We can't afford another vacuum. I'd put a negative star up if I could. I hate this company.

To say this company was run by idiots would be an insult to idiots. Two weeks after ordering a Shark vacuum, I am still waiting for confirmation that it has been shipped from the warehouse. The Stepford people at customer service have no ability to do anything at all and half the time there isn't a supervisor to talk to and even if there is they are of no help. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! It is not worth the aggravation.

Bought a Navigator Lift-Away (NV350w) 08/2012. Light-weight, easy to use. Great on my hardwood floors and easy to switch between floors and carpet. I have three dogs, and it worked great sweeping-up the dog hair on the floors. Glad the steam mop was free with my purchase, as it is not something that I would pay for. The attached hose on the sweeper separated - using duct tape on it now, but still in service. Then purchased Rotator Powered Lift-Away (NV750w) in 10/2016. Extremely bulky and heavy, the on-off switch is temperamental at best. The bare floor setting (wood) does not pick-up anything, and I use a dust mop instead. Bigger is not always better. I'd prefer to have a new "old" model, than what I have now.

If you live in Canada, read this. I purchase the Shark Navigator from a retail store (Toronto). The vacuum cleaner worked fine however, the foam filter needed to be replaced due to the dog ripping it up while I was cleaning the unit. I placed an order March 6th with Shark, but got an email a few days later saying that the part was out of stock and would not be available till March 21st. I called again on March 30 and they said they had the items in stock and can ship...

However, as they checked my account they realized that I was in Canada, and the Canadian warehouse is out of stock. They will not ship the product unless they can send it from the Canadian warehouse. They will not ship from the U.S. warehouse to a Canadian consumer. They told me that the Canadian Warehouse has to place the order and once the order is placed it will ship within 4-6 weeks to the warehouse. (Again, the Canadian warehouse will order when they wish, not based on my order alone so I could be waiting even longer - if they ever order it.)

I asked them if they can ship from the US. warehouse to me, and they said no. I asked if I could speak to someone higher up the chain, but she said that the supervisor will tell me the same thing. If you buy a Shark product, it will probably work fine, but the company seems not to support Canadian consumers. Also this customer service experience has left me bitter about buying anything Shark related in the future. Don't be fooled.

I have owned a ninja NV22LC vacuum since 2009 and am generally pleased with it. The small hose on the base of the machine (which bends constantly when in use) eventually split. No problem (you'd think), but NO. They don't support their products with parts past the warranty period. Gosh, a good product is undermined by poor parts support. I won't buy the Shark again so I guess the bigger brands are, in the long term, more reliable.

I own a Shark Vacuum and have used it for a while. Everything was working OK until recently when I noticed the two little wheels under the head were bad. I tried to look up these wheels to replace them by the website, Amazon, and local vacuum dealers around my home town with no luck. I was wondering what the heck was going on. Two of the dealers told me that Shark was totally impossible to either deal with or get parts from. I called the main customer service number on their website and talked to someone named Richard and he told me that those little wheels were not available and never have been. That for me to have working wheels that I would have to buy a whole new control head, you know that thing that actually picks up the dirt and dust. I about flip out. So the moral of this story is "BE SMART, BUY SOMETHING ELSE".

I thought I had mad a good choice in buying a shark. However the roller bar is inaccessible unless you unscrew the entire bottom to remove all the hair. I am disappointed that I did not check this out closer at time of purchase and I can assure you I will never buy another one. Poor design with no way to completely clean the roller bar unless you take the entire bottom apart. Disappointed is an understatement.

Well I bought this vacuum and after 2 months it blew out. And supposedly it has a lifetime warranty so I had to send them my old unit. And the staff didn't send my new unit. Shark is full of crap. I will never buy a vacuum from them again. I'd rather use a broom than to use a Shark Vacuum???

I have owned my Shark NV42 for two years. I would say the first year it worked very good. Now I have cleaned it and cleaned the filter. It loses suction within vacuuming 1/4 of a room. I have to empty the vacuum body all the time. I check the hose to see if I have suction and I don't. I do not recommend buying a Shark vacuum. I will be buying something else soon. I have a two bedroom apartment and it doesn't even keep that cleaned.

About three years ago I purchased a Shark vacuum cleaner from a discount department store. When I opened the box I noticed some attachments were missing. I called the CS number on the instruction sheet and was surprised to get a live person right off the bat, unheard of these days. They were very courteous and professional and sent me exactly what I needed. They asked me to make sure there wasn't anything else missing. The parts arrived within the week, no charge! No receipt needed or proof of purchase, they just asked me some info over the phone. Could not be happier. Incidentally the vacuum works perfectly and I have since purchased one for my parents as well. Great company with great products.

I received a Shark Navigator lift away as a gift a few months ago. After only using it for about a month I started to get shocked. I contacted customer service and all they could tell me was to wipe it down with a dryer sheet and dont wear wool while vacuuming. I have never in my life had to wear a certain type of clothing to vacuum. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Apparently they arent too worried about fixing anyones problem.

Extremely high-pressure sales people that will not take no. It was definitely the worst experience I have ever had in ordering a product. She continued to talk very fast and go on and on about all these free trials and extra products when I kept telling her no I was interested in nothing but the sweeper itself. She continued to go on and on about free stuff and memberships that were automatically going to happen and I had to call back to cancel them. I told her if she did not stop after about 30 to 40 minutes I was going to hang up and not order the sweeper... Will never order a Shark off of the phone again!!!

We purchased our Shark vacuum to help keep up with our two labs and their shedding. Less than 6 months after purchasing the vacuum we noticed a significant leap as of suction. We cleaned the beater bar, the canister and filters but the problem continued. Upon further examination my husband discovered cracks and holes in the tube connected to the head. We contacted Shark and we're told that although the vacuum was under warranty, the replacement part was back ordered until January 30 (6-week wait). When we still hadn't received the part by mid-February we called back and were told by an automated recording that the part was now back ordered until April. When I complained to a customer support representative I was told that the shipment with the replacement part had arrived that very day (a Sunday...?) and we would receive it in 3-5 days.

A week later, no part. I called and got another automated recording stating the part was back ordered until April. When I confronted a customer support representative I was told the part was scheduled to come in on Thursday. When I asked to speak with a supervisor I was first told that there was no supervisor on duty and then, after threatening to call corporate, the BBB, and the attorney general I was told the supervisor was on break and would call me back in 1-2 business days. After refusing to accept that as an option I was placed on hold for 10 minutes and then told that a replacement unit would be sent out to me and I should receive it in 3-5 days. I have zero faith in the credibility or integrity of this company and I would warn consumers against purchasing their products.

I purchased a Shark NVS360 vacuum and shortly after it stopped operating. When we called the company we were told that they would replace the malfunctioning part. It has been months and we keep getting the classic runaround. They keep you on the phone on hold for a very long time with hopes that you will just go away. Every agent keeps repeating the script. That the part is in back order. Buyer beware. There are a lot of bad reviews on this company -just check around. Please don't purchase any of their items since they do not stand behind their product. Avoid being taken advantage of by this company as we were.

Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional - My wife had bought a Shark vacuum cleaner from Walmart several months ago. Maybe about 7-9 months ago. It's a very well vacuum until the shocking has become more persistent. She had mentioned to me several months ago that the vacuum had shocked her and I thought nothing of it that maybe it was a freak one time thing. About month ago I was home with her while she was using the vacuum and came into the living room and said it's doing the shocking again and to look at it to prove she wasn't crazy. As I turned it on nothing happened, no shock. As I went to engage the floor brush I started to feel the shocking. I also could see the arcing coming from the hinge of the canister on top arcing to the pipe (which is stainless steel). The arcing look liked something you would see a spark plug do on an engine.

I do heating and air for a living so appliances are like second nature to me because they utilize some of the aspects of operation. I've completely took the vacuum apart looking for frayed wires and such. Found nothing to point the culprit. One thing I noticed is that there is no ground wiring throughout the vacuum and that the only ground there might be goes to the handle where your hand rests. In my opinion it's beyond me why they would put some kind of ground at your hand of all places. Literally no grounds for motors or anything inside this vacuum. Look under a car hood and you will see grounds going everywhere. But none on a Shark.

Customer service hasn't been any service to this customer and I guess their recall didn't fix the underlying issue. We are currently going through their process of rectifying the problem by sending random parts which has been over a month since we've talked and no parts yet and is no guarantee that's the fix. I'm a American Standard dealer and I stand behind their product because they believe in their product. Shark doesn't seem to have that attitude. To have that prompt, go out of their way to make things right when things don't go right is something I believe in and hold myself to. Shark has an excellent product but seems to be putting the money into their pockets instead of the H.R. department and development. Every time we vacuum now it's like playing Russian roulette with electricity.

I ordered a replacement roller for my parents (in their 90's) Shark vacuum back in November. I was assured shipping within 2 weeks. I have contacted Shark once a month since then, same response, part is being shipped from China, and I will be notified when it ships. Great, except it never ships, and the vacuum is useless without it. Strange that you can still buy the vacuum at almost any retailer, and any tv channel. Buy another brand, something that has good service even if it costs more, learn from the mistakes of those that have already messed up and purchased Shark.

My Shark Rocket stopped working after one month. I contacted customer service. The young man said my replacement parts would take three weeks to arrive. I thought that was a long time, being the beginning of January 2017. However, better than buying a new one. When I did not receive the replacement by February 1, I called them back. They said the item was back ordered until mid-April. I don't believe a company that intended to stand behind a vacuum cleaner can expect you to wait four months for the item. Nor do I believe they ever intended to satisfy me. Better to continue selling disposable products to Home Depot, Target, Walmart...

When ordering by web few items not discussed or mention. Set up payments... when took first one out charged my account 3.99... not going for it. Called customer service and what a waste of time. Also didn't know this is evidently made in Canada... am planning on returning, turning in payment as a scam, and letting my enormous Facebook friends. What a bunch of crap.

I purchased the Shark Vacuum 2 months ago. In 3 weeks I couldn't get the power to start. No power. Called customer service. After doing the troubleshooting they said to send back. They would send a replacement. I sent the vacuum back 3 weeks ago. Still no replacement, now they tell me it's backordered. But they still sell them on QVC. I can't reach anyone to get assistance. Very poor quality to have loss of power in 3 weeks. Very poor customer service. Buy another brand.

I bought a new Shark Navigator Vacuum in 2015 with a lifetime warranty. Their warranty is a joke. The plastic hose in the vacuum has several holes in the base. When I called and told Shark about this I was told a replace part would be shipped within 9 days. I now have a notice that this part is backordered and will take 3 months to be shipped to me. The interesting part is that Shark has at least 4 channels on DirecTV to sell their Shark Vacuum but it takes a 3 months waiting period before they can replace and deliver a defective part? I don't care how good any product is if the manufacturer can not stand behind what they sell. NO MORE SHARK VACUUMS for me. My advice look somewhere else for a Vacuum that the warranty is honored by the company that makes it.

I bought the Shark vacuum from Target for quite a hefty price thinking that it would last for years. It lasted well for a couple months and degraded rapidly. It wasn't even six months later and it clogged almost each time I vacuumed! The worst part was the suction loss it simply wasn't doing its job anymore. I like to use carpet powder and the Shark could not even suction it at all! I literally would put the Shark on top of the powder and wait a whole minute and it would barely get any off my carpet! We called Shark customer care, and like many other unfortunate Shark customers received terrible Shark customer service. The representative said to us to check for clogs, we did and there was none, his next answer was pretty much we were explicit out-of-luck. Luckily for us, my boyfriend's parents gave us their 20 YEAR OLD Miele vacuum. That old Miele got the job done.

This company is the absolute worst. I bought the vacuum and it was defective. They ordered me a replacement part that still hasn't been delivered... I have been waiting for 2 months already. I called customer no service and he said he couldn't help me that I could order a new one, but not return, no credit, no help whatsoever!!! Very frustrating. Do not purchase from this company!

Compare Vacuum Cleaners