Shark Vacuums

Shark Vacuums

2.9/5 (842 ratings)

About Shark Vacuums

Shark Vacuums Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shark Vacuums?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shark?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Purchased 3 years ago. The lights indicating suction selection (hard floor, rug, etc) went out. 7 year Warranty does NOT cover this. Must purchase new handle for $80. Seriously? Housekeepers complain of this machine being very hard to clean under bed and furniture, despite having purchase all the attachments. I would not recommend this cleaner.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

I hate that you can’t go flat to the floor, you can’t go more than couple inches under furniture before the tank rams into furniture. Even with detachable handle you can’t suck anything up under stuff because it doesn’t get flat to floor either. Has a felt pad on back of floor thing so when you go back/forth it collects and shoves debris all over so you have to go over the space so many times to get it all picked up. The tank is very large in diameter and sticks out a great amount. It says you can go flat to floor to vacuum under things, but when you try, like I said - either the tank hits the furniture and stopped it from going under, or the hose and handle clasps cause it to not go down all the way. The attachments it comes with are absolute crap, and no other vacuum attachments nor adapters, will fit on the detachable hose ends either so reaching under furniture is literally impossible without moving it entirely.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2022

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. I can't get replacement filters to fit the NZ850UKTDB. The replacement filters Shark supply for this machine are too big, the sponge filters are always out of stock too. A Shark advisor confirmed the item was indeed the right filter for my machine but it's the wrong size. She saw this for herself on a video call. Obviously a manufacturing problem. I was told if the filter issue could not be resolved, they would look into changing my machine. Today I was advised they couldn't do this. The machine is only 5 months old!! The vacuum is amazing but so disappointed with the Customer Service

Original review: May 16, 2022

This is an amazing 'work horse' of a vacuum. Only thing (until recently) ever replaced were filters. Last week - 7 years after purchase - the dust bin broke. Keith in Customer Service was super helpful. Through the use of my cell phone's camera, he figured out what was wrong & ordered a new 'bin' & filter for me. It arrived 4 days later (on Sunday!!) and all's good. With 3 shedding animals in the family, this does a remarkable job on our thick-pile carpet. Also on hard surfaces. Highly recommend this brand. Best one I've ever used.

Original review: April 23, 2022

This vacuum is great for picking up dirt. I use it every day. After 4 years they just replaced the handle because the roller quit working. This vacuum is not convenient for the elderly. I have hurt my thumb using the on and off switch. It is so hard to push it has hurt my whole thumb area and it has been bad for a couple of years. The wand when taken off to go into areas that are hard to reach, I find the handle gets in the way due to the wraps on the side to put the cord away. Just difficult and time consuming when working with this vacuum. Older persons need easier parts to work with. Don't get me wrong it works wonders on picking up dirt even after 4 years with this brand. This is my second one thru the years. The last product was easier to handle though. Would I do it again, of course.

Original review: April 2, 2022

The worst vacuums on the planet...this is a money grab disposable, eco destructive piece of China crap! Come on America why do we keep making China rich on this crap. Attachments should be universal throughout the entire product line, and designed by a professional house cleaner...smh!

Original review: March 11, 2022

Customer service is brutal. The docking station motor smells burning every time it's offloading the dirt from the Shark AI XL robo-hoover. Called customer service within 14 days of receiving the unit and in a roundabout way said they won't cover replacement. Customer service looks for every way to get away from their warranty obligations. Also, I can't buy a replacement docking station, no way to do that and customer service not willing to help in any way. Avoid like the plague. By your robohoover elsewhere.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I have a Shark SK460, which works fine, but Shark does not sell the cleanser bottle that is needed to operate the cleaner anymore. Instead of throwing away a perfectly good cleaner and buying another one, I called Shark customer service to see what they would do in this situation. Twice I was told a supervisor would call me back - never did. With such poor service, I will not buy another Shark product and am ordering a Bissell cleaner.

Original review: March 3, 2022

I called the support center about a Shark vacuum I purchased in the UK. I have since moved to the US and so I need to purchase a different wall plug style for this unit. I tried to register the unit online using the model and serial number, I tried the QR code and both gave me an incorrect model number. So I called the support center and the person I spoke to kept telling me that I needed to call when I was in front to the unit so they can help me find the model number. Well I told them I have a picture of the model number on the box, the number on the vacuum head, and the QR code and she said there is nothing she could do until I was with the unit. There is nothing different on the unit. Absolute waste of time after paying so much money for this appliance. I am not going to sort this issue on my own.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I purchased the Vacuum cleaner within the last six months at a Walmart store. I needed a new dust bin as it was destroyed accidently. Shark said it was discontinued and they could not help me other than to purchase another vacuum. Since that is a removable part of the vacuum it seems that I should be able to get another one! What kind of service is that.? Why spend over $200 for no service!!! I suggest you not buy one of their products!!! Jeanne **.

Shark author review by Sandy Baker

Shark is a family business in its third generation of ownership. The company makes a diverse range of household products and appliances.

• Lightweight design: Shark Navigator vacuums have lightweight designs that make cleaning easier.

• Customer reviews: Customer reviews on the Shark website help potential buyers decide which models are right for them.

• Available accessories: There are plenty of accessories that make Shark Navigator vacuums useful for cleaning vehicles, stairs, furniture and hard-to-reach surfaces.

• Customer service: Shark has strong customer services that include a lengthy online FAQ, live chat and Web support.

• VIP Warranties: Buyers can add five-year or lifetime warranties to their orders.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Shark Vacuums Company Information