2. Homeowners

Shark Vacuums

Shark Vacuums
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.18/5

Shark Vacuums Reviews

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I purchased the Shark Rocket at BigLots black Friday sale originally for my neighbor. Receding it for about $80.00 off reg price was fantastic. When she purchased one online, gave this back to me. I LOVE IT! Best vacuum ever in all aspects of cleaning, filters, emptying. After young man used it to clean up broken glass suction diminished. Cleaned and followed all DIY online. Finally called customer service. 5 year warranty. Answered promptly. Professional and friendly. Sending a new base in 3 to 4 days. No need to send original back and no charge!

RECEIVED MY NEW not refurbished base the very next morning!!! Still with warranty as original carried!! Wonderful! Satisfied more than with just about any company ever. The cord issues and not self standing when attachments are connected is a complaint kind of too either lazy if inconvenienced by disassembling or using mount to place when not in use. This is your home you're cleaning. Don't rush it. Take care of it and this will go above and beyond taking care of the user! Thank You All at Shark!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I bought my first Shark sweeper when they first came out! My mom in-law is using that one and it still works like a charm! My daughter surprised me with a new Shark on Christmas 2017. It worked great until the air was blowing out everywhere and we confirmed no obstruction anywhere. Called Shark and after some home testing via the call, they immediately sent me a new motor. The new motor did not fix the problem so they asked us to ship the old sweeper back to them at their expense and told me to keep the new motor! Shark is shipping me a new sweeper at their expense. Meanwhile, I’m using the Shark stick sweeper that is picking up like a dream! So if you haven’t decided on a Shark yet, I hope this review helps you make a decision to buy a Shark! I can’t say enough about their sweepers and their customer service! They stand by their products—you won’t be disappointed!

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Love Shark vacuums. I had believed that my carpet was clean when I was using another brand vacuum. The day I brought my Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Model UV540 26. (That model number was made for Costco. But it is the same as models NV350 series.) I vacuumed the carpet again using the Shark and it picked up half a canister of dirt and hair. I was stunned. It is lightweight and excellent suction and the headlight is great. They are sometimes sold with extra extensions and tools, but I only have the minimal. My only wish is that the hose was a bit longer. I need to purchase the extension, want to do my cobwebs and vents. Be sure to empty the canister when it reaches about 3/4 full and clean the filters often. Love this vacuum and all Shark products I have tried.

Original review: July 6, 2019

This vacuum cleaner picks up the animal hair along with everything else. It is super easy to empty into the outside trash bin and the filters are easy to clean the dustout and wash by hand. The beater bar is easy to clean and as long as you take care of it, it will take care of you. It has great suction and is easy to push around, almost self driven making it easier on those of us with joint and muscle problems. We have had other vacuums and the Shark is my favorite. We have owned this for more than 2 years and it works the same now as it did when we first got it. No bags, does not put dust into the air, washable filters...no complaints.

Original review: July 5, 2019

We bought our Shark Lift-Away even though we had much higher priced vacuums (Dyson, Rainbow and even a Roomba) because we had purchased a lake home and had taken our Dyson there. This Shark actually blew my mind! So easy to use, so portable with quick change features and above all so powerful! I asked a local vacuum repair shop about their thoughts on the Shark when I took a vacuum to them (3rd time) for warranty repair and they rated it low because of getting parts... That proved untrue when I broke one of the hose connectors (my fault) and went online to order. Not only fast service but the part was inexpensive. That is why the repair shop didn’t like Shark; they will sell you the part and at a decent price! Plus these parts are easy to attach. I would refuse ANY vacuum cleaner offered to me for my Shark! That is how I feel about Shark!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shark?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I got a cordless Shark Duo Clean the 29th of November and on January 26 the roller stopped working! Called customer service and they would not honor the warranty (5) yrs or (3) yrs. The 3 yr. warranty was for it being purchased at Kohl's. We had to pay $79.95 for a new head! What a rip-off!.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I spent 279.99 on a Shark Duoclean. It was great at first, then after only 6 months, the brush motor died. The product came with a 5-year warranty, so I called the company they said I have to pay 89.99 for a replacement part! What a rip off. Their warranties are a scam.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

We love the Shark and its performance. However, when it needs repair your local service centers are unable to purchase parts from Shark. Customer Service is completely ignorant of their own product. What a shame. I don't want a disposable vacuum. I'm afraid I need to look elsewhere for my Shark replacement.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

I loved my Shark. No wires - great suction. Carpets look like new. What's not to love? Until it doesn't work anymore. 18 months old and no suction and cuts out after a minute. Checked the troubleshooting site and cleaned all filters thoroughly and checked wand for obstructions. No joy. So called customer service who promised to send a new part by Tuesday - arrived on Saturday and it was a new filter! Unsurprisingly it didn't work. Complained to customer service who stated they always 'start' with a replacement filter. Nice to know they consider their customers to be idiots. New part arrived today and still doesn't work. So now without a vacuum for three weeks and very fed up. Had a Dyson before and at least they send some around to fix it. Guess I'll be on hold for another fifteen minutes tomorrow. Wonder what part I'll get this time.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Finally decided to upgrade my vacuum from a cheap Bissell and bought a Shark. The belt broke and I tried to replace but could not find that info in the owners manual. Call customer disservice only to find out you can not replace the belt, you can only replace the whole lower unit for $80 plus shipping. NEVER again will I buy a a shark, I'm going to pick up a new Bissell and replace the parts as needed. Never had a Bissell last less that 8 years (replacing belts, brush bar when needed) and this Shark lasted just over 1 1/2 years??? No thanks!!! I am letting all I know to stay away from this POS company.

Not sure about Shark Vacuums?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Vacuum Cleaners for you.

Shark expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Shark is a family business in its third generation of ownership. The company makes a diverse range of household products and appliances.

• Lightweight design: Shark Navigator vacuums have lightweight designs that make cleaning easier.

• Customer reviews: Customer reviews on the Shark website help potential buyers decide which models are right for them.

• Available accessories: There are plenty of accessories that make Shark Navigator vacuums useful for cleaning vehicles, stairs, furniture and hard-to-reach surfaces.

• Customer service: Shark has strong customer services that include a lengthy online FAQ, live chat and Web support.

• VIP Warranties: Buyers can add five-year or lifetime warranties to their orders.

• Best for: Shark's range of vacuum cleaners makes it an attractive option for homeowners, renters and drivers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team