Shark Vacuums

Shark Vacuums

3.1/5 (70 ratings)

About Shark Vacuums

Shark Vacuums Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shark Vacuums?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shark?

Original review: March 3, 2022

I called the support center about a Shark vacuum I purchased in the UK. I have since moved to the US and so I need to purchase a different wall plug style for this unit. I tried to register the unit online using the model and serial number, I tried the QR code and both gave me an incorrect model number. So I called the support center and the person I spoke to kept telling me that I needed to call when I was in front to the unit so they can help me find the model number. Well I told them I have a picture of the model number on the box, the number on the vacuum head, and the QR code and she said there is nothing she could do until I was with the unit. There is nothing different on the unit. Absolute waste of time after paying so much money for this appliance. I am not going to sort this issue on my own.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I purchased the Vacuum cleaner within the last six months at a Walmart store. I needed a new dust bin as it was destroyed accidently. Shark said it was discontinued and they could not help me other than to purchase another vacuum. Since that is a removable part of the vacuum it seems that I should be able to get another one! What kind of service is that.? Why spend over $200 for no service!!! I suggest you not buy one of their products!!! Jeanne **.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

I have recently had a fault with my hoover. I started the return process via email. This went on for 2 month requesting videos etc. Then went to phone as fed up with being fobbed off. Now 2 months later hoover returned but not replaced and no sign of a delivery date. Keep saying, "Give us 72 hrs." Really not impressed. I have had to go out and buy a smaller Shark Hoover so I can hoover up. The product is good but service really bad.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

After all the good views about Shark vacs I thought I'd get a Shark hand-held vac (CH950UKT). After a 4-hour charge, I got 8 minutes of weak suction life before the vac 'died' on me. This is a rubbish product and after using it twice (total use, about 14 minutes), I tried to return to vendor without success so I've given the vac away and I'm looking for a new one again. I'd advise you not to buy this unless you can vac your house in less than 8 minutes.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

We bought the Shark RV 700 in 2020 and after about 8 months it broke. They sent us another one and after about 8 months it broke. So I call customer service and they said it out of warranty. These are supposed to last 4 years. Well they don't last 1 year and they refuse to fix any problems with it.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I ordered a filter for my Shark. The parts department sent me something totally different. After weeks of them playing stupid. They finally told me they are out of stock. It's been 2 months and still no part.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

I purchased a Shark cordless upright vacuum. After a few weeks the battery died. They sent me a new battery of the wrong size. I called and they sent me a new battery of the correct size. I used it for a few weeks and the battery died again. I called and they could not help me because my vacuum was out of warranty. I will never buy another Shark product.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I purchased a Shark (stick) Rocket Cordless Vacuum. Within one year, the roller on the nozzle seized. After calling them, they charged me half price for a replacement nozzle. This one failed after 8 months. Same problem. Seized. When I requested warranty they told me this part was not covered since it was a "wearable" part. Then asked what parts were non-wearable, I was told that the wand was the only part. they advertise a 5 year warranty but they get to tell you which parts are covered. Apparently all moving parts are not covered because they are "wearable".

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

We own both a corded and a cordless Shark vacuum. When working, they are amazing. Never, however, have we been able to use it without disassembling it to clear blockages in the cleaning head or vacuum tubes. The battery for the cordless lasts, at best, two years. Replacement batteries from Shark cost half the price of a new machine. Generic replacement batteries do not work.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I purchase a Shark Navigator Lift Away less than a year ago. It has fallen apart everywhere. Numerous part that's falling everywhere. The dust cup has broken three times. The buttons have broke off and the top of the vacuum itself is being held together by duct tape. This vacuum is less than 8 months old. Customer service has told me to go ahead and buy another desk cut myself since they have fulfilled their end of replacing it one time. I find this Beyond ridiculously absurd that such an expensive vacuum did not even last a year. I registered it and they are telling me to go on to their website to buy their product. I will not be doing so.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

This cordless vacuum has good suction and holds the charge well. It is compact and easy to handle and stores in a small space. The attachments are well designed to get into hard to reach spaces. It is designed so that a hand held vacuum detaches for quick clean up jobs. Additionally, it does not require separate filters and is easy to clean.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I have been buying vacuums for 37 years and I have never been disappointed with a Shark product. I have a shark upright vacuum and a cordless rechargeable vacuum for my home. I gave my son the pet vac for Christmas and he loves it. A shark product is hard to beat. My home is a shark home.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I really love the Shark for the 2 options of hardwood floors and deep cleans carpet, picks up way more than my old red devil vacuum. I just wished I would've checked further for cordless vacuum by shark.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

We have a Shark upright that is 3 years old. It has had no problems. It is easy to use. It separates easily to use for portable use on things like stairs. Cleaning is a breeze. The Shark has a reputation for cleaning carpets and floors as well as picking up animal hair. We have a dog and a cat. It works well on all of these. Highly recommended. Price was reasonable too. Compared to our old Hoover, the Shark is miles better. I am not a paid shill or a robot. Just like the Shark.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

We bought this machine 5 years ago. It had been super easy to clean and even when it fills up with dirt it still has suction. You can wash or replace the 2 filters that it has. I like that it disconnects to use on stairs. However the tube is a little stiff, need to be more flexible.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Comprises of different part which can be checked and cleaned when need arises. Shark company has great costumer service. On other side vacuum cannot handle heavy debris or things like spider webs which get stuck in its hose.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I've used Shark vacuums for years. They're great for pet hair, last forever, and so affordable! I love how lightweight they are and the included attachments are perfect for stairs or furniture. The filters are very easy to remove and clean as well. I recommend the brand to all my friends and often purchase them for wedding gifts.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

"Higgins" is awesome! Truthfully, I've spent too much time watching him because he is so fascinating. He stops and goes to his dock to empty the dust cup and then resumes where he left off! He needs to stop, go to his dock and recharge because of the size of our house, but again, he knows where he left off and goes back. He fits under my kitchen cabinets and even gets into the corners. He vacuums under the beds, he even got under our couch and love seat and found his way back out again. His mapping of our home is right on! We are very impressed! One of our best ever purchases!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

This is one of the best vacuums I have used. It is very consistent in picking up and cleaning. I’ve tried several different brands of vacuum cleaners and they all burned out within a few months. But the Shark brand has not and I’ve had well over a year.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

This vacuum is heavy on top. It is very thorough in corners, however. I use it with my Bot which cannot really clean corners that well. My Samsung Bot is better on carpet. My Shark is really better on floors.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I love my Shark wand chargeable vacuum way better than the Dyson wand vacuum I first had. The shark has a power button opposed to a trigger. Shark is so light weight and very easy to handle. One thing I really don't like is where Shark put the canister eject button too close to where your second hand rests when you're short. Always accidentally popping it out while vacuuming.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I have tried Dyson, Hoover and some others but I always came back to Shark. I find they are very dependable and work as advertised; in fact as a BNB owner I bought 6 of them and placed one in each room. I had to retire the business due to ill-health but I still have the Shark vacuums and they all work great.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Satisfied with my Shark vacuum purchase, especially with the price that was given on Amazon Prime Day. It had a lot of functions and has a powerful suction. Would definitely recommend to a friend/family.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Shark is awesome, powerful, gets the dirty up, not too heavy.. easy to lift. Shark allows you to save gas by using it to vacuum your car out! I love shark. Long lasting! I wish other vacuum were not so heavy. Shark needs to make different colors. The upright vacuums are little heavy. So we stick with the shark's lighter vacuum!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I recently purchased the Shark brand Navigator vacuum. I have only used it a few times but I have to say I’m very very pleased. The suction power is excellent and it removed A LOT of dirt, dust, and hair from our carpets. Again, the strong suction seems to work very well. It’s also very lite, and guiding it around was very easy. Lifting to bring upstairs was very easy. If I want to vacuum the carpeted stairs I can remove the canister, and hold it while doing each step. It’s also very easy to open and remove all the dirt from the holding canister.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

There's no vacuum that has performed like my Shark, forever a customer. I have wasted money on different brands none has held up to the task, I have an Oreck for sale. It has out performed a Dyson, Bissell, Oreck and a Kenmore.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Love the Shark vacuum. The charging cord is difficult to get into the receptacle. It picks up well on hard wood however on carpet not so good. The dirt chamber and rolling cylinder sometimes get clogged and it will not pick up.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I recently bought a Shark mop-vac and I love it. We have a large house and the entire 1st floor is tile. Add the two labradors and various ages of grandchildren, the floor gets pretty messy, pretty quickly. I just get out the mop-vac and the mess is gone in quick time!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I had to contact the company for a broken part and they were very helpful in getting it to me in a timely manner. We use it every day and it does everything we want it to. We would recommend this vacuum to anyone who is looking for a great vacuum to clean with.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

Love, love LOVE my Shark Robot Vac! I can set it all from my phone, so it will run while I'm away. Gets up any of the fine dirt/sand that my dog brings in. Recharges quickly, always ready when I am! Super easy to clean - just pop out, empty and go!

Shark Vacuums Company Information