2. Homeowners
  3. Vacuum Cleaners

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.89/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Oreck Vacuums Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oreck Vacuums?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oreck Vacuums?

Original review: May 7, 2020

I have been an Oreck customer since 1992. My job required staying in numerous hotels and noted the maids used Oreck vacuums. I am only on my second Oreck and I have dogs that shed. I have had the second Oreck for nine years. The vacuum bags are easy to find and the customer service is great.

Original review: May 6, 2020

It was purchased because it is lightweight to use. However it is pricey and not really worth the extra money. There are lots of other possibilities on the market now. I do think that it being lightweight makes to good for us.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: April 26, 2020

This one doesn't have attachments. It does a great job on carpet, wood, vinyl, and ceramic floors. Automatically adjusts to floor type. Uses disposable bags. It is very lightweight. As a bonus I also received their canister vacuum with attachments. It is small and lightweight but powerful with all the attachments included. Their products are a little expensive but well worth it. Have also purchased their carpet cleaner and received the cordless iron. All exceptional products that last.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Oreck upright is powerful, cleans thoroughly, has stood the test of time from other newcomers. A little expensive but worth it in the long run. Has a good warranty, local vendors where you can bring it in instead of shipping it and waiting weeks for repairs.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I was introduce to the Oreck company about 20 years ago. But after 13 years of my first Oreck my daughter broke. It just could not be repaired at the time. So from 2008 till 2016 I purchase very cheap vacuums. Don't forget the recession at that time. But in 2017 I was able to afford an Oreck and bought two. One was Oreck Magnesium Blue in color and a Black Oreck Gold.

One for upstairs and one for downstairs. I am a satisfied customer. Not only are my products Great, but my Oreck Store in Sterling Heights Michigan has always been the Best in Customer Services. Mike ** Help me with my old Oreck Gold which Needed a new motor. It was worth the price of $104.00 dollars I told him. Yes Gold is a rebuild one I purchase two years ago for the basement, but I like it and Hope that it will last a very long time. I Trust Oreck and its Customer Service. I always get the simple type and not too fancy. I will continue to recommend this product and purchase it.

Original review: June 2, 2020

We purchased an Oreck vacuum from Costco just before the company filed for chapter 11. Unfortunately, the vacuum is built very cheap and cannot suck anything out of shag or thick pile carpeting. The aluminum telescopic wand cracked where it is attached to the plastic handle and later snapped. The bag every now and then gets dislodged from the hook and spews dust and dirt everywhere. My cheap Eureka vacuum did way better than this vacuum.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Very light and easy to handle. Turns on a dime. Very powerful and multiple levels of suction. Can be used on hardwood floor and carpets without any adjustments. Came with a five year warranty and five years of free service.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Love this vacuum. It does a great job cleaning carpet and hard surfaces. It is lightweight and moves and maneuvers well. Will lay flat to go under furniture. Has a very long cord. Would highly recommend.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Light weight and sucks up the debris well. Easy to pick up. Remove filter bag easily. Attachments are functional. Gets the debris out from the corners of a room. The attachments correspond with the cleaning of my apartment. Love the color.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I had an Oreck for over 20 years so of course when it came time to update, I bought another. This vacuum has been nothing but a disappointment. In a very short time, it needed repair, big and small repairs. The rubber guards near the edges fell off, it spewed dust and dirt on the insides of the outer bag and around the neck. Then, it decided to shut off after it ran for 3 seconds. I turn it back on, and it shut right off. I took it to the store I bought it from (it used to be an Oreck store, now they told me Hoover bought out Oreck) and they quoted me $189 so far to repair it. NO WAY! It was trouble from the start, not worth putting more money back into junk. It couldn't hold a candle to my old Oreck. That quality is no more. Don't waste your money.

Oreck Vacuums author review by ConsumerAffairs

Oreck is an American vacuum manufacturer founded in 1923. It currently manufactures products in China and finishes most assemblies in the U.S.

• Retail stores: Oreck sells many of its vacuums through local retail stores so consumers can inspect them before buying.

• Online sales: A secure, convenient e-commerce site lets consumers purchase vacuums online if they prefer.

• Free shipping: Vacuums sold on the Oreck website include free standard shipping.

• Affordable prices: Most Oreck vacuums cost between 250 and 500 dollars.

• Customer service: Oreck offers diverse customer service options that include Live Chat and a call center.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team