2. Homeowners
  3. Vacuum Cleaners

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.61/5

Oreck Vacuums Reviews

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I was introduce to the Oreck company about 20 years ago. But after 13 years of my first Oreck my daughter broke. It just could not be repaired at the time. So from 2008 till 2016 I purchase very cheap vacuums. Don't forget the recession at that time. But in 2017 I was able to afford an Oreck and bought two. One was Oreck Magnesium Blue in color and a Black Oreck Gold.

One for upstairs and one for downstairs. I am a satisfied customer. Not only are my products Great, but my Oreck Store in Sterling Heights Michigan has always been the Best in Customer Services. Mike ** Help me with my old Oreck Gold which Needed a new motor. It was worth the price of $104.00 dollars I told him. Yes Gold is a rebuild one I purchase two years ago for the basement, but I like it and Hope that it will last a very long time. I Trust Oreck and its Customer Service. I always get the simple type and not too fancy. I will continue to recommend this product and purchase it.

Original review: July 12, 2019

My vacuum is lightweight and cleans very well. I have had it for about two years and the only problem I have had is the belt. The Oreck I bought about five years ago. It has a 20 year warranty. I take it in yearly to get checked.

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2019

The unit was purchased in the summer of 1994. The only problems was lights and power cord (replaced the brush, just wear). Very satisfied. The cost for maintenance is next to nothing. This is a example that the price equals quality. John **

Original review: July 4, 2019

Purchased in the 80s. Used in four residences over the years. Replaced the drive belt several times and the roller brush once. Always does a thorough job on all surfaces. Light enough for stairs. Low enough to get under most furniture. Perhaps best investment of my life. The free hand-held that came with it. Is still sucking away as well.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I bought an Oreck 10 years ago, when I had more carpet, due to my vacuum being so heavy to push, I was almost in tears trying and I have a bad back. I read Oreck had one that was like 5lbs with a bag. I do not like the canister ones. All the dust to me is kind of messy to clean. I have had no problems, it still works great, so easy to push. The canister is seperate, so you do not have the heavy parts attached and I got the 5 year plan. You take in yearly for tune up and check. So love LIGHT ORECK!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oreck Vacuums?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I had an Oreck for over 20 years so of course when it came time to update, I bought another. This vacuum has been nothing but a disappointment. In a very short time, it needed repair, big and small repairs. The rubber guards near the edges fell off, it spewed dust and dirt on the insides of the outer bag and around the neck. Then, it decided to shut off after it ran for 3 seconds. I turn it back on, and it shut right off. I took it to the store I bought it from (it used to be an Oreck store, now they told me Hoover bought out Oreck) and they quoted me $189 so far to repair it. NO WAY! It was trouble from the start, not worth putting more money back into junk. It couldn't hold a candle to my old Oreck. That quality is no more. Don't waste your money.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I took our five year old Oreck Miele Upright Twist to the My Oreck Store repair center in Conroe Texas on June 26, 2019 because the brush would not engage. After two weeks with no word from the store on the problem or any solution, I began making a weekly calls to the store to inquire regarding the status. The store was unable to provide any updates as to the status of the repair and implied that it was unreasonable to expect such reports. After 11 weeks, my weekly call on September 5, 2019 revealed that our vacuum was returned to the store without resolving the problem.

On multiple occasions, the manager — Kyle — said they were unable to provide updates or timely service because they were understaffed. The vacuum is a quality product and has served us well. The service has fallen far below expectations. I paid $500 for the Vacuum. I would gladly pay for service on the same. I do not believe the My Oreck Store, nor Kyle, valued my business or my time. Kyle did offer to send the Vacuum back to the service center. At this point, however, I have elected to seek another option to repair the vacuum. Due solely to this service experience, I do not think I would recommend buying an Oreck.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Oreck is not the vacuum they made 20 years ago. The purpose of the company is to tell you that your vacuum is on its last legs and you need to spend $400 for another one that will have the same death sentence in two years.

Original review: June 29, 2019

My last Oreck XL lasted 18 yrs with no major issues. I just purchased another Oreck and shocked because both the quality and quantity have decreased. Oreck eliminated its vacuum light which I miss and there’s a flaw with their new Eurobelt which is guaranteed to last 10 yrs - mine broke after 6 months. Also don’t like how they attached a 40 foot cord. Definitely times have changed at Oreck except the price tag which cost more while giving you less options. I always bought Oreck due to its longevity, closed bag system and its minimal weight but will be buying another brand. Spending $200 on a vacuum that last 6 months is a rip off.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Disgusted in Augusta,Ga!!! I purchased this very expensive Oreck Elevate vacuum a year ago. It just quit working. There is supposed to be a 5 year warranty but the only Oreck store here in Augusta is now closed. I called the 800 number for Oreck and told them, only to be told I have to ship the vacuum to the nearest store for repairs. WHAT??? I WILL NOT pay to ship this vacuum, I should not have to. A year old $600.00 vacuum should not need warranty work after a year! DO NOT BUY AN ORECK, run far, far away. Now I am stuck with a year old broken vacuum. Oreck does not stand by their word!!!

Not sure about Oreck Vacuums?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Vacuum Cleaners for you.

Oreck Vacuums expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Oreck is an American vacuum manufacturer founded in 1923. It currently manufactures products in China and finishes most assemblies in the U.S.

• Retail stores: Oreck sells many of its vacuums through local retail stores so consumers can inspect them before buying.

• Online sales: A secure, convenient e-commerce site lets consumers purchase vacuums online if they prefer.

• Free shipping: Vacuums sold on the Oreck website include free standard shipping.

• Affordable prices: Most Oreck vacuums cost between 250 and 500 dollars.

• Customer service: Oreck offers diverse customer service options that include Live Chat and a call center.

• Best for: Oreck makes affordable vacuum cleaners for homeowners, landlords and renters.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team