Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

3.9/5 (357 ratings)

About Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover Vacuum Cleaners?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Hoover products have been around for decades from the mop to the carpet cleaner. Their product have evolved with the times I started using Hoover floor cleaners in the 70’s. Then its vacuum cleaner. One can always count on Hoover product. They have stood the test of time.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Hoover Windtunnel Rewind Pet does a marvelous job cleaning up the hair from our Labrador Retriever. It also does a wonderful job cleaning our house and garage. We use it weekly to keep our home clean and are amazed at the amount of dirt and hair it picks up and it is easy to maintain.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I am in love with this brand of vacuum. It is very dependable and has some amazing attachments. They offer so many different types of vacuum cleaners. There are never any issues with the suction and the only time I have replaced a vacuum is just to get the newer version.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Hoover in my opinion is one of the best! It does a really good job and I never had a problem with it. I do recommend this product. So if you are thinking about buying a vacuum cleaner don’t sleep on the hoover brand. It hasn’t disappointed me yet and I’ll been using one for a very long time. Yes it is worth a try.

Original review: May 7, 2021

I love the vacuum cleaner and it was only £69.99. I cannot fault it at all however my issue is with the guarantee and this happens with all products. You are entitled to a one year guarantee however by law that means anything from 3 - 5 years and I don't think people realise this. When I was putting my info on for the guarantee, it was hard sell to get me to pay an amount per month for it to cover accidental (which hardly ever happens) and anything else that goes wrong with it.

In two years time if my vacuum cleaner stops running then I will take it back to Argos who will either have to fix it or give me a new one. That is the law. I cannot stand most companies (in this instance, all companies are like this to me) breaking the law. That is what they are doing. I do know a lot of people who do not realise that they could take an item back (say a very expensive TV @ £300) after three years. That is the only downside to this. Love the vacuum cleaner and the head is smaller than I have had before so gets into more spaces. Suction brilliant and controllable. Best VC I have ever bought!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

18 mos. after purchase the spray nozzle plugged up. I tried to soak it, blow it out with air compressure, could not get to the opening with fine wire because of the defuser. Called Hoover, went through interrogation with the rep., was told to supply a receipt, did that, then the warranty dept emailed me and said for me to cut off the wire to the battery charger, pull off the model decal, sent a picture of all this and they will send me a new one. All I need is a new brush cover with the spray nozzle, sent them back an email, then was told they have no replacement part as such and have to send a whole new one, I explained I do not have to ability to take pictures and email them.

Seems to me it would be more convenient to just send a part, save extra shipping, a win win situation. I have bought many Hoover vacs, but no more. A very confused way to satisfy a customer, jump through the hoops, play the game, do as you are told, and we will help.... Sounds like the progressive party has taken over Hoover... Too bad.... No more business from me.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Do not buy. I used it on my kitchen floor that we just replaced and it left burn marks in my floor which is vinyl. Now I am not sure what to do when I just spent over $3,000 in flooring for this machine to do this. It says it was made for all flooring. Very unhappy.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I have been trying to get a replacement part for more than a year on a carpet cleaner I bought brand new. What they did was give me the run around until the warranty expired and now I have to buy a new carpet cleaner cause the part's almost just as much as a new carpet cleaner. I will never buy Hoover again. Not only does their customer service sucks but the carpet cleaner was trash too. The plastic front piece started coming off after a couple months and still can't get Hoover to sent me a new one.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

This product is garbage! This is now the 5th time using this vacuum. It barely picks anything up unless you go over the same spot multiple times. And no, it's not plugged up as I checked that while I was changing the belt. And it does not move easily. I'm sorry, but I shouldn't feel like I just worked out for the last 2 hours just from trying to vacuum a living room floor! I can't understand how you have been around for 100 years with such crappy customer service and garbage product. I will never even consider spending another penny on your useless equipment! I contacted support. I sent an attached receipt and filled out all the info needed and never heard anything back. Your customer service is nonexistent. I literally bought this in August of 2021. By September it was just about junk. November and still have not heard anything. Buy anything but this brand! I wish I had, but my preferred brand was not in stock!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

As a professional in the manufacturing and customer service industry, I understand the demands and challenges of the current staffing/supply chain. This, however, is not the existing problem with Hoover. Several months ago, I have placed an online order for a replacement reservoir for the floor scrubber I own. After a few weeks, I received an automated email advising they were experiencing delays in the warehouse, so I patiently waited a few more weeks understanding the current staffing and supply chain issues.

After about 2 months I emailed the customer service asking about my part, since they took the payment immediately (typically companies don't actually charge your card until they ship). I was told via email on 9/29/2021 that my order is shipping on 9/30/2021 (the next day). I didn't receive my part so I called the customer service number on October 8 to follow up on my shipment and she told me that my order is going to ship on October 11 and that I can call back for the Fed Ex tracking number.

On October 14 I called back as suggested and spoke with rep, Danielle, (coincidentally the same rep as in the original email who told me it shipped on 9/30) and she told me that my part is "shipping on the next day" again, October 15. So at this point I realized that's their standard deflection statement and asked to speak with the supervisor.

The "supervisor" came on the phone (and I seriously doubt by her unprofessional tone that she actually was a supervisor, rather just pass the phone to someone else game). I asked her to call the warehouse and confirm the shipment as I needed this item by Saturday, October 16 and I ordered it several months ago.. More than enough time to receive by my required date. She told me that they DO NOT have the ability to call the warehouse. She told me that "they, just like everyone else, is back up due to supply chain." I advised her that I would have believed that IF the previous customer service people hadn't already told me that the item IS in stock and at the warehouse and is just awaiting to be labeled and shipped Fed Ex.

I ship and receive FED EX every single day. Fed ex is not part of the supply chain back up of imports. The warehouse is in Tennessee and I live in Illinois. It's a 1-day ground shipment. I further told her that it's deplorable that they would LIE to their customers and give them fake excuses that "it's shipping tomorrow". I told her to credit my account and instead the "check's in the mail tomorrow". So I asked her to cancel the order and credit my account immediately. She said she would process the cancel and credit my account after receiving confirmation the order was cancelled.

I asked "what does that mean? How long will we have to wait for that confirmation... "tomorrow?" over and over again? Clearly, you can't be trusted with your timeframe." She said "I can get that today, as soon as I call the warehouse to confirm the cancellation." WAIT, WHAT? I told her "not 3 minutes ago, you just told me you did not have the ability to call the warehouse to check on my order but you have the ability to cancel it???" I told her I want to see my credit on my account immediately because she has a computer. If they could take the payment immediately from my account, they can process the return the same way. Today is October 21. I have NOT received my credit, nor confirmation of cancellation, nor the item. HOOVER REFUSES TO SHIP AND REFUSES TO CANCEL/CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT. I cannot believe this unethical practice in the USA. This is my first review online. Next is BBB.

Hoover author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Hoover is a large manufacturing company that has been making vacuum cleaners since 1908. The American segment of the company was owned by the Whirlpool Corporation until 2006.

• Free shipping: All vacuums sold through Hoover's website include free shipping.

• Diverse designs: Hoover has a range of designs, including upright, canister and stick vacuum options.

• Affordable prices: Most Hoover vacuum cleaners cost less than 500 dollars.

• Numerous attachments: Consumers who purchase Hoover vacuums can expect numerous attachments that help them clean upholstery, vehicles and stairs.

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Company Information