Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

3.3/5 (915 ratings)

About Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover Vacuum Cleaners?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Bought steam cleaner for 5x7 rug. Cleaned it once as I was away for 7 months. When I used it again it was dead. It was only 8 months old. Called customer service and a rude woman told me to take it to a repair shop and pay for it.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

I bought Hoover Vacuum cleaner Model 9001PH about a year ago! It continuously blocks and it’s almost impossible to unblock it due to the design! I have taken the vacuum to the shop in Ellenbrook a few times to help me unblock it! It has been sent out to the factory to recheck but no solution! I cannot rely on it at all, the suction is much less than when we first bought it! We spent almost $1000 on a piece of rubbish!

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

I've had my Hoover carpet cleaner for 10 months and have a 2 year warranty on it. The belt broke and bristles are all messed up. I contacted Walmart and All State about getting a replacement and they said to contact Hoover. So I left a message to Hoover, called 3 different times and waited for a contact back. Hoover did call back but when I answered the line would just drop. They emailed me back and I answered with what was wrong with the machine asking for help getting a replacement. It's been about a week and they still have yet to answer anything I've sent them or call back and actually speak to me. I personally do not recommend and I will not be purchasing any other Hoover products from here on out. Worst customer support ever...

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

I wrote two times in interval days customer service explaining that my vac. cleaner bought just 9 months ago, used just for home not working. Last Friday I contacted them over the phone (working hours 9am-3 pm). Customer rep got my reference ID number, told me to wait couple seconds to look for that and after 35 min on hold dropped the line with no explanation.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

I purchase this Hoover Maxlife Total Home Pet. I purchased August 2021. One thing DO NOT LIKE IS THE POWER CORD. Seems Cheap. Doesn't coil smoothly, and I have had to repair the cord 2x's with electrical tape. I wish the hose was longer. Otherwise, this machine performs well.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

Ordered products from them and changed my mind. Next day I called to cancel and they said it was too late, even though a shipping label had not been created yet. I refused the shipment and it was sent back to Hoover. A week later I had to call and check on my refund. Their response 4-6 weeks to be refunded back to my card. What!?!! Why?!?!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

We purchased a brand new Hoover Multi Floor Carpet and Tile Cleaner machine from Amazon. The squeegee tool would not stay on the scrubber so we contacted Hoover to see if they could send us a fix/new squeegee. They emailed us back that they don't honor warranties unless purchased by authorized dealer. They offered NO other help, nor a fix solution for the machine other than sending it back to the vendor. Terrible, terrible customer service on their own equipment.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Purchased a SmartWash Hoover product six months ago. Used less than 5 times. It already isn't working properly and Hoover said it was not covered under warranty because it was used in an apartment, which is a "commercial/business" setting. This was never mentioned prior to purchase, but the customer service agent said it's in the manual, and that using another brand of soap would disqualify a warranty as well. I don't think many people read through the manual when they purchase a product assuming that manufacturers will stand behind their products for normal usage (less than 5 times seems less than normal to me). I am surprisingly disappointed because my opinion prior was that Hoover was a good brand to purchase for vacuums and vacuum products.

Original review: July 27, 2022

So, I bought my OnePwr Cordless Vacuum cleaner somewhat late of July 2020 when we moved province. It has a 2 year warranty. Middle of July 2022 vacuum cleaner broke (battery is okay because you can switch it on but when you start using it just died) so I called customer service and explain everything and asked if I can claim a warranty repair. Well they asked for a receipt which I could no longer provide. Even the store where I bought the vacuum could not provide me a copy. I can't provide a CC or Debit purchased in the statement either because they want to see the name of the vacuum in the receipt. So it was a dead end. I just wish they have something else to offer other than a discount on my next purchase of their product which is NOT GONNA HAPPEN ANYMORE.

Original review: July 25, 2022

Bought the Hoover in December of 2020 and lasted till July of 2022. Broom head is so locked up that the broom head will not come off. After research, found out the bearing inside broom head overheats and melts inside of the head. Call Hoover customer support which was no support at all, pretty much told me out of luck. Never buy Hoover products again!!!!

Hoover author review by Sandy Baker

Hoover is a large manufacturing company that has been making vacuum cleaners since 1908. The American segment of the company was owned by the Whirlpool Corporation until 2006.

• Free shipping: All vacuums sold through Hoover's website include free shipping.

• Diverse designs: Hoover has a range of designs, including upright, canister and stick vacuum options.

• Affordable prices: Most Hoover vacuum cleaners cost less than 500 dollars.

• Numerous attachments: Consumers who purchase Hoover vacuums can expect numerous attachments that help them clean upholstery, vehicles and stairs.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Company Information