2. Homeowners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

4.0/5 (251 ratings)

About Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover Vacuum Cleaners?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

Original review: May 7, 2021

I love the vacuum cleaner and it was only £69.99. I cannot fault it at all however my issue is with the guarantee and this happens with all products. You are entitled to a one year guarantee however by law that means anything from 3 - 5 years and I don't think people realise this. When I was putting my info on for the guarantee, it was hard sell to get me to pay an amount per month for it to cover accidental (which hardly ever happens) and anything else that goes wrong with it.

In two years time if my vacuum cleaner stops running then I will take it back to Argos who will either have to fix it or give me a new one. That is the law. I cannot stand most companies (in this instance, all companies are like this to me) breaking the law. That is what they are doing. I do know a lot of people who do not realise that they could take an item back (say a very expensive TV @ £300) after three years. That is the only downside to this. Love the vacuum cleaner and the head is smaller than I have had before so gets into more spaces. Suction brilliant and controllable. Best VC I have ever bought!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

The freshwater tank was leaking and not staying seated down and they replaced the whole unit. They paid for the postage to return it and in 2 days I had a brand new unit. The new tank is sturdier and it works great! I love how lightweight the unit is. 20-year-old carpets look fantastic! Well done Hoover standing by your product! I am pleased!

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2021

Ordered rug shampooer. Had a delivery date of July 2. Tracked package and could see that the package had never left Hoover. Called Hoover and they said it had indeed shipped and I WOULD be getting it later in the day. I never got it. Contacted Hoover today. Was told that the order label was created YESTERDAY, the day it was supposed to be in my hands. I called Fed Ex. Fed Ex told me that they had NOT scanned the item and it was NOT in their hands which is opposite of what I was told by Hoover. Hoover didn't like that I called them a liar over this. They kept saying the item had shipped, and I could prove it had not. That to me is a lie. Was told that it would now take ANOTHER 7-10 business days on top of the 8 days I have waited since placing my order. HORRIBLE customer service.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Purchased a Hoover Windtunnel vacuum cleaner online at Hoover.com. Within two days of receiving the vacuum the handle kept coming out when using (pushing) the unit. Emailed customer service and went back and forth with questions, photo requests, etc., which took weeks. Finally advised if I wanted an exchange that I needed to cut the cord and send photos of the cut cord and manufacturer's label on a piece of paper.

So in the interim I am supposed to be without a vacuum for 10 to 14 days? How about you send the vacuum cleaner and once received I cut the cord then! If I bought this at Best Buy, Costco, etc., there never would have been an issue and the vacuum would have been automatically replaced! Eventually I said, "Just give me a refund," and they said, "Too late. It's been more than 30 days!" What kind of return policy is that? Most stores allow returns up to 90 days! I will never do business with Hoover again! Lousy return policy and poor customer service!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I bought a $300 dollar vacuum from Hoover.com January 2021. After I received it, I tried it out but I was disappointed because instead of sucking dirt up, it would fling it in all directions. I called and requested a return but the agent informed me they don't cover returns. What?? So I paid $100 dollars for the return. I only had the vacuum for 2 weeks. Any company that doesn't fully cover a 30 day return policy, including shipping for the return, is not a company anyone should do business with.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Wow talk about planned obsolescence. Have you ever bought something and have it not work as soon as the warranty expires? I bought a Hoover SmartWash Automatic Carpet Cleaner on eBay on Jun 17, 2020. It worked ok until last week. I took it in to a repair shop and was told the motor sounded bad and they will check it out. In the meantime, I contacted the seller and was told the warranty just expired in mid-December!! So I missed the warranty by a week. I will never buy another Hoover again!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Purchased vacuum at Canadian Tire. After 4 uses bearings seized brush clean, no response from canadian tire or Hoover. Looks like no warranty. Very poor. Had hoover products before is but nothing like this and no help.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Very loud. Poor suction. I read reviews on this product which I think is purchased at Home Depot right before Covid hit. Home Depot would not allow returns for several months at which time my allotted time for returns expired. I have owned Hoover vacuums before and have never had a issue. This product does not live up to Hoover standards. The loudness is very discerning.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

The Vacuum wand broke in just a year and no replacement parts are available. Hoover would not work with me to provide a repair or replacement so I would not be without a Vacuum. I am sensitive and need to keep my home clean. Hoover FAILED MISERABLY as a vendor. They don't provide repair parts and will not replace the Vacuum without destroying the old one first which would have left me with no vacuum. I had to insert a screw into the wand to fix it so I could stay healthy since Hoover would not respond to my request in a timely manner. Like a month! Hoover support thinks that was wrong!!! DON'T WASTE YOU MONEY ON THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

On 6/5/20 I contacted Hoover about a problem with my Wind Tunnel self propelled vacuum which was still under warranty. The end result was I needed to cut the cord send a photo and they would send a new vacuum. It would take 2 weeks to receive and it was not the same vacuum and it cost a lot less than what I spent. I wasn't going to do that I didn't correspond with them any further.

Some time later Fed Ex arrives with a carpet cleaner I never ordered. Apparently that was going to be my replacement because the next day Fed Ex arrived to pick up my vacuum cleaner. Needless to say I gave the driver back the carpet cleaner. So I still have a vacuum cleaner that is defective and can cause bodily damage to you if your not extremely careful. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen. It was the Worst Customer Service I have ever dealt with. That was the second Wind Tunnel I've purchased. I will Never buy their product again and Never recommend them. I believe that the self propelled mechanism if defective, the machine would move on its own. It has come very close to running over my feet.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I have sent 3 emails previously and have heard nothing back, (7/3/2020, 7/14/2020, 8/13/2020) concerning our Hoover Fusion Cordless Vacuum from Best Buy. My wife, used it from time to time to clean our hardwood floors and once in a while on our carpeting. Around February of 2019 the battery no longer held a charge so the vacuum became unusable. I began to communicate via email with different people at Hoover about the problem. Long story short, Hoover finally sent us a whole new unit. It worked fine until 7/1/2020 when it suddenly quit working and the battery will no longer accept a charge. A red dot blinks on the charger as soon as we plug it in. This is the same problem we had in February of 2019. We do not believe it is right that we paid $171.39 after tax for something that we can't even get two years use out of. On August 10, 2020 it will be two years since we purchased our original unit.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Called the 800 number and waited 35 min, however, opted to accept their offer of having Hoover return my call and I would not lose my place in the queue... well that was two days ago! Unacceptable Hoover!

Hoover author review by ConsumerAffairs

Hoover is a large manufacturing company that has been making vacuum cleaners since 1908. The American segment of the company was owned by the Whirlpool Corporation until 2006.

• Free shipping: All vacuums sold through Hoover's website include free shipping.

• Diverse designs: Hoover has a range of designs, including upright, canister and stick vacuum options.

• Affordable prices: Most Hoover vacuum cleaners cost less than 500 dollars.

• Numerous attachments: Consumers who purchase Hoover vacuums can expect numerous attachments that help them clean upholstery, vehicles and stairs.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team