Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners
  3. Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

My Hoover vacuum needed warranty repairs and Hoover stepped up and took care of the problem in less time than the local repair shop could. I'm very impressed. The handle broke on my 3 1/2 years old Hoover vacuum (still under warranty). A local authorized service center said it would be months before warranty work could be authorized and completed. I contacted Hoover directly through their customer service number and they had the problem completely fixed in two weeks. I highly recommend Hoover.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I recently bought a Hoover WindTunnel 2. I will be brief - you can keep your Shark and Bissell cleaners, with dust spewing out of the collection canisters as you vacuum. This vacuum is the best I have had in a long time. Incredible suction and pick up - for me, the most important thing with 2 dogs and 2 cats. Other features are the same as most the vacuums today so no real difference there. Yes, it is a little heavy and noisier than some, (I'm a 62 year old guy so it's not an issue here), but it works like the Hoovers I grew up with - great! I still have a small (carry around) Hoover that is at least 50 years old and it still works great.

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I bought this vacuum cleaner (Windtunnel 2) based on online reviews as well as a previous Hoover purchase. This cleans ok but it is really loud, so much louder than a regular one I had before. Also, the handle is kind of flimsy and not as sturdy. With the price I paid for from the Hoover website that included shipping, it is an ok purchase.

Original review: July 11, 2019

My vacuum cleaner is a Hoover pet model for pet hair build up, bagless upright and has many needed attachments for different types of cleaning, bagless for easy disposal of contents. Also a very neat feature is the automatic winding of the power cord in the base. Pretty cool and convenient. Also lightweight for older folks like my mother.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I have the T-Series, bagless, upright. I have no pets, but I feel it would do a great job on pet hair. The vacuum is lightweight and the cord is long, so I can use it on my stairs. I clean the washable filters, and I make sure the dustbin never gets too full, both affect the vacuum's performance. An easy to use height adjuster is in the front, and the main hose detaches for cleaning a mattress, or just dusting other furniture. My vacuum is gray, but the T-Series, also comes in green. I'm happy with gray. Overall, I'd recommend this vacuum to others, if/when they want a recommendation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Hoover has sold vacuums in the last 6 years that require replacement filters. They have stopped supplying the filters. (They say back ordered but it would seem permanently back ordered). If there are no filters available your vacuum is a piece of junk even if it works. $300 or so down the tubes as this vacuum should easily last 15 years but with no filters is pretty useless. Do not buy from Hoover.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Hoover One PWR cordless floor cleaner. Absolutely love it. Best thing ever, easy to assemble, easy to use and is doing a phenomenal job. The battery life is not so bad considering. I end up buying an extra battery and I can really take my time now. Buy it. You won’t be disappointed!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

On-Off Button Stopped Working after 10 months. I have nothing but hard surfaces in my house, no carpeting. I've owned Floor Mates for years and generally upgrade about every three years. Well, I had a big clean up on my tile floor and when I plugged in my Deluxe Floor Mate and pushed the button, nothing happened. I tried three different plugs and still nothing. Contacted Customer Service who sent me all kinds of instructions to get it going. Nothing. I researched the complaint, found all sorts of people with the same issue, and contacted the company again. They told me to send them the original receipt (I did.) Asked me what product I use to clean and I told them Lysol. That right there voided my warranty.

I've used Lysol in my Floor Mates for a good ten years if not more. AND, the issue wasn't the cleaner, it was the machine not turning on. One guy said he dismantled the machine and replaced a fuse. For $157, being a long time customer, the fact that others complained about the defective on/off switch and that I had my original receipt, it would have been NICE to say the very least for them to replace this defective machine. They offered a 30% discount but it would take two weeks for delivery. The rep also said "you can probably get a better deal on Amazon!" It's a sad commentary when a company does not value a repeat customer.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Bought a new Spotless spot cleaner within the last 3 weeks and just started trying to use it this week. It leaked like a sieve and the spray nozzle would not shut off spraying water all over when the trigger was released. Contacted Hoover as it needed a part and their response, after several e-mails is I need to ship it back to Tennessee at my cost to have a replacement sent. They also stated the new unit, if it would be new, does not extend the warranty. This is a piece of Chinese crap that was never QC tested as it purports on the package and should never have left the factory. Obviously I am not going to send this back at my expense (About $25 on a $80 product...right). They entreat buyers not to return it to the store but their customer service is useless. Returning it to the seller. We will stick with Bissell in the future.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I grew up trusting my mom's choices & HOOVER was always my mom's #1 vacuum & shampooer. It was always strong & durable! I have purchased 2 of these same models above both (Garbage) & I am so dog gone angry! This "very' moment, being the 4th time using my shampooer would "you" believe the fricken 'Right' back wheel "fell" off/broke off. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet as I jumped on line to write this review! I am so disappointed & angry! I have such an EXTREMELY LARGE FAMILY not to mention many many friends throughout cities & states whom trust in each other's recommondation when we speak of good or bad products on the market to purchase or "DO NOT" PURCHASE.

Not only did the wheel break off but the strip in the bucket where the dirty water ends up came all undone & let me tell you anyone will tell that I that EXCELLENT CARE when it comes to anything that I own, BELIEVE IT! HOOVER, I am done, just plain done with your products because first of all "they are severely cheaply made" & you should be ashamed of yourselves. You people charge an arm & a leg for mere low quality household goods. It saddens my heart.

I cannot wait to tell ALL MY FAMILY, FRIENDS near & far, church friends, I am going to post a NEGATIVE REVIEWS on "ALL" MY WEB CITES, including FACE BOOK, Twitter, YouTube, I am going to contact Kurtis on Channel 13 NEWS goes after Companies to Reimburse Consumers whom have gotten taken advantage purchasing defective products sold by RIPPOFF's, Broken down cars that fall under lemon law, & whom have purchased known Brand Merchandise from WELL KNOWN COMPANIES such as HOOVER in this case that needs to Reimburse or make things right with Consumer for all the money we spend to use your products once maybe twice & then to break & then we have to pay to send to HOOVER to be fixed...etc. etc. NO! I'M DONE!

Hoover expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hoover is a large manufacturing company that has been making vacuum cleaners since 1908. The American segment of the company was owned by the Whirlpool Corporation until 2006.

• Free shipping: All vacuums sold through Hoover's website include free shipping.

• Diverse designs: Hoover has a range of designs, including upright, canister and stick vacuum options.

• Affordable prices: Most Hoover vacuum cleaners cost less than 500 dollars.

• Numerous attachments: Consumers who purchase Hoover vacuums can expect numerous attachments that help them clean upholstery, vehicles and stairs.

• Best for: Hoover makes durable vacuums that homeowners, renters, landlords and drivers should find useful.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team