Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

3.4/5 (203 ratings)

About Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover Vacuum Cleaners?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

Original review: June 4, 2022

After trying different vacuum cleaners over 20 years, I finally got a Hoover Vacuum cleaner- Swivel steering type for about $100 on sale at a local Ace Hardware store 3 years ago. I am amazed how good it is. It has provide the best service without any breakdown. I commend this fine product.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Hoover products have been around for decades from the mop to the carpet cleaner. Their product have evolved with the times I started using Hoover floor cleaners in the 70’s. Then its vacuum cleaner. One can always count on Hoover product. They have stood the test of time.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Hoover Windtunnel Rewind Pet does a marvelous job cleaning up the hair from our Labrador Retriever. It also does a wonderful job cleaning our house and garage. We use it weekly to keep our home clean and are amazed at the amount of dirt and hair it picks up and it is easy to maintain.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I am in love with this brand of vacuum. It is very dependable and has some amazing attachments. They offer so many different types of vacuum cleaners. There are never any issues with the suction and the only time I have replaced a vacuum is just to get the newer version.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Hoover in my opinion is one of the best! It does a really good job and I never had a problem with it. I do recommend this product. So if you are thinking about buying a vacuum cleaner don’t sleep on the hoover brand. It hasn’t disappointed me yet and I’ll been using one for a very long time. Yes it is worth a try.

Original review: June 4, 2022

You'd expect a vacuum to suck, well that's what it does...SUCK!! Doesn't pick up the smallest of crumbs. Worst product I've ever purchased! Do not buy! Hoover cordless or any Hoover brand! Also, the brush works only when it wants to...

Original review: March 31, 2022

Tried to get a replacement for a steam cleaner that was missing the hose and accessories. The box had been damaged in shipping and the parts were missing. They tell me that they're going to send me the missing parts. They do not ship. I messaged them to find out why. They tell me then to cut the cord off the brand new machine. And send them a picture of the cord and they will send me a new machine. Definitely not a green company. Definitely cheap as hell. Will not buy from again

Original review: March 23, 2022

I reached out to Hoover 3 months again to inquire about warranty/repair of my carpet cleaner via email, and never gotten a response. Since then, I have reached out 3 more times, trying to get a live person, also with online chat, and again resorting to another email, and haven’t gotten a person yet.

Original review: March 2, 2022

Hoover Powerdash Pet 2x more cleaning power. HOOVER POWERDASH PET. Item 1 the first time I used it was March 2021 and it was not too bad. The second time I tried to use it was July 2021, it water spewing everywhere and what looks like wet dryer lint getting shot everywhere. If you do not notice this lint stuff you scrub it into your carpet which is incredibly hard to get it back out. Contacted Hoover, they made me go through all these hoops to get a replacement.

Mind you this product I only had 4 months. After Hoover made me jump through all these hoops I finally got a replacement the end of July 2021. When I used this the first time it worked okay. 7 months later I went to use it again and it started again wet lint started shooting everywhere. I contacted Hoover again. I said I wanted my money back. I was told that they would go up higher in the chain to see if they would consider giving me a refund. I never got a call me back. I never got a call instead this Carpet Washer showed up at my door. Needless to say I contacted Hoover and I was told I would have to jump through all these hoops again and that they would never refund my money. I was also told that my warranty was up in March 2022 and after that I would be S.O.L. (S out of luck).

Bottom line this product is the worst ever. Wherever you purchase it you only have 90 days to return and Hoover will only keep sending you the same product and you will never get a refund, and their so call Warranty is pointless. I paid almost $110.00. I thought the first one was just defective but, the second one did the same thing. The third one I did not even open it. I went on Hoover website and read the reviews apparently they know this is a bad product yet keeps selling it. The reviews were just like mine same complaints.

Original review: March 2, 2022

Hoover roller broke after only a few months old, replaced with a genuine part. It carried on popping out, contacted customer service numerous times NO REPLY, I can't even get a refund, the hoover loses suction quickly.

Hoover author review by Sandy Baker

Hoover is a large manufacturing company that has been making vacuum cleaners since 1908. The American segment of the company was owned by the Whirlpool Corporation until 2006.

• Free shipping: All vacuums sold through Hoover's website include free shipping.

• Diverse designs: Hoover has a range of designs, including upright, canister and stick vacuum options.

• Affordable prices: Most Hoover vacuum cleaners cost less than 500 dollars.

• Numerous attachments: Consumers who purchase Hoover vacuums can expect numerous attachments that help them clean upholstery, vehicles and stairs.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Company Information