2. Homeowners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.95/5

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover Vacuum Cleaners?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

The freshwater tank was leaking and not staying seated down and they replaced the whole unit. They paid for the postage to return it and in 2 days I had a brand new unit. The new tank is sturdier and it works great! I love how lightweight the unit is. 20-year-old carpets look fantastic! Well done Hoover standing by your product! I am pleased!

Original review: May 7, 2020

In the past we have bought a Dyson. $300 and even bought one for our son when he had a new baby. We loved the product but as we downsized our residence, we needed a new vacuum. The Dyson lasted 4 years. We decided to try the Hoover Windtunnel. The cost was less than $100. We have had it almost three years and it is as strong as it was when we bought it. It has lasted through getting a house ready for market, cleaning up every night from grandchildren and a dog. It came with us into retirement and is going strong. When it goes, we will get another one. For the money it is better than our Dyson or our Eureka.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2020

This vacuum is probably around 20 yrs old so it is quite sturdy and in fact I still own and use it. It has incredibly strong suction. The style is an upright and it can get under furniture very well. The bag that goes with it absolutely does not fit the space allotted for it so the bag only gets half full before nothing more can fit. This is very annoying because the bags are quite expensive. The placement of the cord is so poorly designed that it is very chewed up because I ALWAYS vacuum over it.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

My Hoover vacuum needed warranty repairs and Hoover stepped up and took care of the problem in less time than the local repair shop could. I'm very impressed. The handle broke on my 3 1/2 years old Hoover vacuum (still under warranty). A local authorized service center said it would be months before warranty work could be authorized and completed. I contacted Hoover directly through their customer service number and they had the problem completely fixed in two weeks. I highly recommend Hoover.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I recently bought a Hoover WindTunnel 2. I will be brief - you can keep your Shark and Bissell cleaners, with dust spewing out of the collection canisters as you vacuum. This vacuum is the best I have had in a long time. Incredible suction and pick up - for me, the most important thing with 2 dogs and 2 cats. Other features are the same as most the vacuums today so no real difference there. Yes, it is a little heavy and noisier than some, (I'm a 62 year old guy so it's not an issue here), but it works like the Hoovers I grew up with - great! I still have a small (carry around) Hoover that is at least 50 years old and it still works great.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Very loud. Poor suction. I read reviews on this product which I think is purchased at Home Depot right before Covid hit. Home Depot would not allow returns for several months at which time my allotted time for returns expired. I have owned Hoover vacuums before and have never had a issue. This product does not live up to Hoover standards. The loudness is very discerning.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

The Vacuum wand broke in just a year and no replacement parts are available. Hoover would not work with me to provide a repair or replacement so I would not be without a Vacuum. I am sensitive and need to keep my home clean. Hoover FAILED MISERABLY as a vendor. They don't provide repair parts and will not replace the Vacuum without destroying the old one first which would have left me with no vacuum. I had to insert a screw into the wand to fix it so I could stay healthy since Hoover would not respond to my request in a timely manner. Like a month! Hoover support thinks that was wrong!!! DON'T WASTE YOU MONEY ON THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

On 6/5/20 I contacted Hoover about a problem with my Wind Tunnel self propelled vacuum which was still under warranty. The end result was I needed to cut the cord send a photo and they would send a new vacuum. It would take 2 weeks to receive and it was not the same vacuum and it cost a lot less than what I spent. I wasn't going to do that I didn't correspond with them any further.

Some time later Fed Ex arrives with a carpet cleaner I never ordered. Apparently that was going to be my replacement because the next day Fed Ex arrived to pick up my vacuum cleaner. Needless to say I gave the driver back the carpet cleaner. So I still have a vacuum cleaner that is defective and can cause bodily damage to you if your not extremely careful. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen. It was the Worst Customer Service I have ever dealt with. That was the second Wind Tunnel I've purchased. I will Never buy their product again and Never recommend them. I believe that the self propelled mechanism if defective, the machine would move on its own. It has come very close to running over my feet.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I have sent 3 emails previously and have heard nothing back, (7/3/2020, 7/14/2020, 8/13/2020) concerning our Hoover Fusion Cordless Vacuum from Best Buy. My wife, used it from time to time to clean our hardwood floors and once in a while on our carpeting. Around February of 2019 the battery no longer held a charge so the vacuum became unusable. I began to communicate via email with different people at Hoover about the problem. Long story short, Hoover finally sent us a whole new unit. It worked fine until 7/1/2020 when it suddenly quit working and the battery will no longer accept a charge. A red dot blinks on the charger as soon as we plug it in. This is the same problem we had in February of 2019. We do not believe it is right that we paid $171.39 after tax for something that we can't even get two years use out of. On August 10, 2020 it will be two years since we purchased our original unit.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Called the 800 number and waited 35 min, however, opted to accept their offer of having Hoover return my call and I would not lose my place in the queue... well that was two days ago! Unacceptable Hoover!

Hoover author review by ConsumerAffairs

Hoover is a large manufacturing company that has been making vacuum cleaners since 1908. The American segment of the company was owned by the Whirlpool Corporation until 2006.

• Free shipping: All vacuums sold through Hoover's website include free shipping.

• Diverse designs: Hoover has a range of designs, including upright, canister and stick vacuum options.

• Affordable prices: Most Hoover vacuum cleaners cost less than 500 dollars.

• Numerous attachments: Consumers who purchase Hoover vacuums can expect numerous attachments that help them clean upholstery, vehicles and stairs.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team