Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

3.3/5 (924 reviews)

About Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

Original review: March 20, 2023

I received a Hoover Blade cordless vacuum cleaner as a gift. I followed the instructions and charged the battery. I used the vacuum until the charge ran out. When I tried to recharge the battery it simply would not charge. I contacted Hoover customer service and they walked me through troubleshooting steps all of which I had already done. They also determined the battery was defective. Because I don't have a receipt, nor can I get one, they offered to sell me a new battery at 20% off of full retail. How generous! How could I possibly refuse a deal like that! I received the Vacuum in Jan 2023. The battery is well within the warranty period but they refused to stand behind their product.

Original review: March 7, 2023

Like other reviewers, purchased a vacuum from Hoover directly via their website. Vacuum came, but the main roller didn't work. Attempted to contact customer service through their website, email, and phone. Waited over two weeks and was on hold countless times, but still could not get any support. Then to add insult to injury, if we want to do a return, we'd have a pay a shipping fee (~$40-60) for a product that never actually worked. 1) Go get a different brand, 2) If it must be Hoover, then go through another seller.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2023

Since this is my 4th Hoover stick vac, I decided to buy direct from Hoover instead of Amazon where you can return any defective merchandise. The links included in their emails are incorrect, the online chat disconnects after you've waited sometimes over 30 minutes (I've now had 4 case #s which are not referred back to, and although I've now read elsewhere that consumers have had this problem, the company wants me to video the problem happening. So I once again get to vacuum and have the dirt cup fall off, spilling dirt all over my shoes and the floor I just cleaned. And according to many others, I will probably then get to jump through many more hoops, pay to return it, and never see my money. Boo Hoover!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2023

This is the worst service I've ever had. 2 machines broke after 2 uses and they won't help at all. Told us to kick rocks and maybe we can get a discount. Do not use their brand. Huge waste of money and time.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2023

I purchased a Hoover upright cordless vacuum cleaner 1 year ago and 2 additional batteries. The vacuum cleaner was mainly purchased to clean my hardwood floors. Been working great for 1 year. Now the unit is leaving scuff marks on my floor from the rubber wheels. I have cleaned the wheels with the hoover cleaning solution, checked for any debris on the wheels, etc. There is nothing on these wheels that is causing the scuff marks other than worn out wheels or possible when turning the mechanism is no longer aligned thus grabbing the floor leaving the scuff marks. I have been through 2 chats with Hoover and both of them indicated to me that this is not a warranty issue that when I use the vacuum cleaner I should "simply" go behind the unit after I am done, and hand clean the scuff marks! I almost died when they said that to me.

I called them and got a live agent and guess what, they said the same thing to me. When I asked to speak to a supervisor the person hung up on me. This is a company with horrible customer service so beware before purchasing a Hoover unit - God help you if you have a problem. I contacted one of their listed service centers off of the Hoover website only to find out that they no longer are a hoover service center because they REFUSE to deal with Hoover. If this does not tell you something than re-read this thread and proceed with caution when purchasing a hoover vacuum cleaner.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2023

Purchased a Hoover Vacuum- High Performance Swivel XL Pet Vacuum on 1/22/22. Less than 1 year after the purchase my wife was vacuuming steps- the vacuum was sitting on ground level on our foyer vinyl flooring. The vacuum chewed up a couple of good size chunks of the vinyl floor. After contacting Hoover customer support they advised to take pictures of the damaged area & send the vacuum in. Both were sent in 12/12/22. Recently in Feb 2023 we received notification that the claim was denied. Now we are left with a chewed up floor, Hoover KEPT the vacuum without offering a refund or damages reimbursement- a rep could have come out to evaluate the damage but Hoover elected to do nothing beside reject the claim. Will never purchase a Hoover vacuum ever again because of this bad experience & lack of caring from Hoover.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2023

I bought a vacuum from this company that was okay but not great. I've been going through the return process for months now. Not only did I have to pay to ship the product back but it is impossible to reach anybody on the status. If I call I'm on hold for an excessive amount of time. If I hit the option for a call back no one ever reaches out. If I try to reach an agent online it never connects me. This whole process has been a nightmare and at this point I feel like I'm not going to receive my money back. I'm now sending an email to see if I will receive any response from that.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

Can someone out there give me a phone number for Hoover besides the 2 numbers that are on Google. And when you call no Matter what time it says we are Closed!! My Hoover Elite is new-ish and falling apart. This is despicable. How they have it RIGGED UP so no one can call them, scumbags aren't they!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

I bought a Hoover Windtunnel in 2021 at Kohl's. I used it only a few times since it is too bulky. In Sept 2022 there was suction only from the hose, not the floor plate. Cust Serv said I did not have the cord extended far enough, or maybe too far. "That model was temperamental." In Oct. I called again with the same problem. When I said the brushes were not spinning, they said I must need a new belt and they would send me one. It never arrived, although they did send an email showing it was sent. In Nov. I called again. This time I received the belt that they sent out. I replaced the belt and the vacuum seemed to work for a short test run.

In Dec. I tried again. After just a few minutes, the belt started smoking and melted. Because I did not have the original receipt, they could only offer me a one-time courtesy 20% discount towards a new machine. Why would I waste my money when their Customer Service is so bad? Note: There are 2 different 800-numbers to call Customer Service. Each one says the office is closed and to call back between 8-5, even though I am calling at 3 pm.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Bought steam cleaner for 5x7 rug. Cleaned it once as I was away for 7 months. When I used it again it was dead. It was only 8 months old. Called customer service and a rude woman told me to take it to a repair shop and pay for it.

Hoover author review by Sandy Baker

Hoover is a large manufacturing company that has been making vacuum cleaners since 1908. The American segment of the company was owned by the Whirlpool Corporation until 2006.

• Free shipping: All vacuums sold through Hoover's website include free shipping.

• Diverse designs: Hoover has a range of designs, including upright, canister and stick vacuum options.

• Affordable prices: Most Hoover vacuum cleaners cost less than 500 dollars.

• Numerous attachments: Consumers who purchase Hoover vacuums can expect numerous attachments that help them clean upholstery, vehicles and stairs.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Company Information