3.36/5
Based on 86 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

317 Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 23, 2018

I argued with my husband about not buying a cordless stick vac for weeks. I finally gave in and we bought one. ABSOLUTELY loved it, then within a year of buying it, it quits working. I have looked for receipt, contacted Hoover and went to Target where I bought it (like Hoover said) with no luck of getting the receipt. Contacted Hoover several times and tried to get it fixed and they refuse to even discuss that with me. I have always liked Hoover but after spending $200 and not even getting a year's worth out of my vac, I will never by Hoover again and I will make sure I share my dissatisfactory with anyone looking to buy a vacuum.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I had a Dirt Devil Breeze for 25 yrs. It finally broke down after a lifetime of messes and dirt. I tried to replace my "dirt devil" but oh my gosh the new ones are more trouble than the cost for sure. After two attempts to replace my vacuum with a "dirt devil" both machines ended up being taken back to the store. I thought I was really going to have a challenge finding a proper vacuum. WELL!! I thought wrong! I seen an ad on Amazon for a Hoover canister bag-less vacuum w/ power-head for carpet and floors. I took a chance that this machine would perform better than my previous vacuum had. AGAIN, WELL!! This Hoover machine out-performed in every way. Strong suction, light-weight, easy-to-use, strong power-head, great for carpets, great for pet hair and last but not least really easy to empty. I give this Vacuum an 11 outta 10. Great job Hoover!!! My floors and carpets are cleaner than ever.

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I have been a housekeeper for 25 years. I did a lot of research before buying the Hoover Windtunnel 3. I found out it has 3 air chambers to keep it from clogging the filters as fast. The Shark, Dyson, and Eureka vacuums only have 1 air chamber. They clog up fast, requiring constant emptying of the canister, and the filter too often. I give the Hoover Windtunnel 3 5 stars all across the board.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Efficient but the Cleaner is very noisy, a tad on the heavy side for a slender or more Senior woman this could be an issue. But cleans good and has many good tools.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Hoover has great suction power, easy to push. But I get upset at times when canister won’t stay locked. I still haven’t been able to get to be more steady. Best for bad back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

Original review: May 8, 2018

It is an upright. It has no attachments. It did not cost as much as the more expensive models. It is too heavy to carry upstairs. Bags are expensive too.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Hoover Elite is affordable and sleek with a self-wind cord pick up could be better but for under a 100 bucks it does the job. Also has bagless and accessories.

Original review: May 7, 2018

The only reason for not give them 5 is because there is not too much places in Mexico where I can buy filters. I bought it 7 years ago and, so for me the performance is great, sometimes I used for industrial purpose.

Original review: May 6, 2018

We have owned Hoover vacuums for many years. They have worked well for allergies, pets, and kids. I would love to buy the new Hoover. We are rugged on our appliances. I really like uprights, they seem to have great suction power.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Hi this my second vacuum and I love it how they clean my carpets. The only complaint is hard to found the piece, but overall is good quality. I will recommend it Hoover to my friends and families.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I have been through 3 of these Hoovers. One actually caught fire and burned plastic and blistering my hand! Do you know I had video and showed them vacuum was willing to shop to them to test it. No one cared. It hurt me but they sent someone back and it is junk and I’m scared to plug it in a lot. If my product didn’t work and caught fire I’d sent something else anything to the person and say sorry for causing bottle harm.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I like the convenience of the size. It can fit behind small spaces and corners. The color is red. Matches my decor and the empty rewashable and refillable filter is cost effective and convenient.

Original review: May 4, 2018

This vacuum represents cheap, and not worth buying. I had to buy it because I did not have the money at the time. It so easy to clog this machine, and it is a pain to unclog. When I get more money, this vacuum will be heading to the dumpster and out of my sight.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I have the Hoover WindTunnel and love it! The suction on it is fantastic! The only thing is that I wish they gave more tools with it. I have had other vacuums and the WindTunnel is the one that I like.

Original review: May 3, 2018

The Hoover Vacuum is lightweight and easy to maneuver. It has attachments for curtains, crevices and dog grooming. It doesn’t use bags so there’s no extra cost. I love my Hoover.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I am an older lady, and even though mine is a self propelled, machine is a little heavy for me to push around, but it is very easy to use.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I purchased the Hoover Quest 1000 robotic vacuum. I just loved it UNTIL the battery overheated and could have burnt my house down. Luckily I came into the room, smelled the burning and removed the vacuum from the house. The customer service of Hoover was HORRIBLE. Called numerous times, long hold times and both times I spoke to reps they did not follow through with what they were supposed to do. Second woman was very obnoxious to me. Returned vacuum to place of purchase and bought another brand.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I have the Hoover WindTunnel Air. It is light weight and vacuums very good. The only problem is the attachment hose has broken and I have to use my old Hoover to reach under places.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I got the Hoover steam mop and really like it. Especially that I CAN use a cleaning solution in it. I am a senior and needed a lightweight floor cleaner for bigger jobs. I have a sunroom that really needed cleaning after x-mas and this one worked well.

Original review: April 29, 2018

The main problem with the Hoover vacuum is the suction hose clogs easily and you have to clean it out. Very labor intensive. I have multiple pets, this is not the vacuum for pet owners.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Cost of Hoover over Dyson and the others is so much more affordable. Does the job too for me. Keeping an eye on the filter for emptying helps any vacuum do a better job. Most people don't and then complain about the vacuum not doing a good job or that it stopped working for them.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I have used other high end expensive brands and found my Hoover brand work just as well and held up better in most cases. Some of the features like the automatic cord retract was an excellent feature.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Worst product and customer service. I bought my vacuum a little over three months ago. At the 3 month mark it stopped working. Called the company for a replacement and I was told that I had to go to a service center for repairs. The service center is located 20 minutes away from me, that's if there is no traffic and only open from 10-530pm and Saturdays. I informed the agent that I work every day until 5 and wouldn't be able to make it to the service center. In addition I am observant so I do not drive on Saturdays. They would not be accommodating at all. They told me that they can find me a service center further away. How does that help? I then asked if it could be shipped to the service center and they said that I would have to pay for shipping. They were not helpful at all. Vacuums should not be breaking at the 90 day mark. Product was made like garbage and customer service was even worse. I will never buy a Hoover Vacuum again!!!

Original review: April 27, 2018

I have an upright Hoover with a bag-- it has become too cumbersome for me to push around and store. Having difficulty finding right sized bag for machine and spits out dirt when not even full-- I'm looking for a newer bagless vacuum that is lightweight.

Original review: April 27, 2018

The motor gets dirty fast. It is hard to keep vacuum clean itself. Machine works okay. When there is a lot to vacuum I need to run over same area more than once.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I like a vacuum with some decent power and my Hoover has that easily. I tried previously using a different brand supposedly easier to use stick type vacuum but it didn't do as good a job in collecting/sucking up dirt and often I had to do it over again to get an area clean. The Hoover WindTunnel model I have is not an expensive model but it did a better job.

Original review: April 26, 2018

The vacuum works well, we used it for ten years without problems. Tired of the bags though and it was a bit heavy to haul up and down stairs. Speaking of stairs, it didn't do the stairs rugs all that well.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I had several strokes and other vacuums were too heavy. But Hoover battery operated wind tunnel was very easy to handle. And being so light I can carry it anywhere and maneuver it easily. Great buy for me.

Original review: April 25, 2018

The unit has performed better than I expected. But the sound level could be a little lower and that's really the only drawback. As far as cleaning it does a good job and not having a bag to change out is a big plus.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I purchased the Hoover React in late 2017 and used it about every other week until Jan 2018 when the beater quit working. I called Hoover customer service and got an immediate runaround. After a couple of calls I got them the serial number off the label, they could see it was manufactured in 2017. Their warranty states 5 years. I have manuals, everything for the vacuum except I can't locate the sales receipt.

First they said they would ship me parts, then they said they wanted to troubleshoot, then on call #4 they said they won't do anything without receipt. Really? Warranty is 5 years, they say it can't be fixed but I felt once they found out that I can't remember where I placed the receipt (it was a working machine and I didn't think I needed to worry about receipt) they decided they would do nothing for me. This has made me realize that I will never do business with Hoover or purchase anything. I can't believe for a $150.00 (roughly) purchase they won't stand behind their product after about 3 months of use. They are aware of the problem with the beater but it seems like their customer service was constantly trying to get out of repairing or replacing my new vacuum. I wouldn't purchase this product or after dealing with Hoover, any other product of theirs in the future.

Hoover expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hoover is a large manufacturing company that has been making vacuum cleaners since 1908. The American segment of the company was owned by the Whirlpool Corporation until 2006.

• Free shipping: All vacuums sold through Hoover's website include free shipping.

• Diverse designs: Hoover has a range of designs, including upright, canister and stick vacuum options.

• Affordable prices: Most Hoover vacuum cleaners cost less than 500 dollars.

• Numerous attachments: Consumers who purchase Hoover vacuums can expect numerous attachments that help them clean upholstery, vehicles and stairs.

• Best for: Hoover makes durable vacuums that homeowners, renters, landlords and drivers should find useful.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

OH
(800)944-9200
hoover.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business