Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Samsung Refrigerator

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes smart vacuums, laundry appliances and kitchen appliances, including refrigerators. The company produces several models of refrigerators and includes a warranty. Samsung products are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

Pros

• Energy-efficient
  • Multiple designs
  • Top technology
  • Temperature control

Cons

• Can be pricey
  • Short return period

Bottom Line

Samsung refrigerators are built to last and come in a variety of sizes, styles and colors. Models include smart features, adjustable settings and sleek designs.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Samsung Refrigerator Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Refrigerator?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Refrigerator?

Original review: March 24, 2021

UPDATED: 3/31/2021: I purchased a condo 8/8/2020 in Pasadena that had been remodeled by the seller with brand new Samsung appliances all purchased 1/30/20. Delivered 2/01/2020. I called Samsung warranty Nov and Dec 2020 about the ice maker making horrible noises. They told me I was under warranty and that the ice maker had been recalled for RF24R7201SR/AA, payment of 1979.99 from Best Buy with receipts in hand. It took Samsung three service visits, months later to not be able to remedy the extreme noises while replacing the entire ice dispenser. They then informed me that now I was out of warranty and they would only offer me 1800.00 and for me to remove my warranty sticker to send to them.

They informed me that Best Buy would now not swap the unit out because I was a few months off warranty but I was under warranty when I called and it was first serviced with this issue. I then reached a gentleman at Samsung March 25th at 10:05 am, call was recorded, and I was told that they changed their minds and that they have these refrigerators on hand through Samsung despite Best Buy not being able to help me. I asked him if he was sure because the previous calls insisted on sending me money for a devalued amount at 1800.00. He assured me that the call was sincere.

I then called back 3/29/2020 and of course was told that that deal didn't exist for me and again only to take the 1800.00 offer. Calling them is like calling another planet of incompetent employees who hardly speak English at all and have no clue what's really going on. It is the worst company that I have ever dealt with in my life and my whole home is filled with Samsung appliances. Soon to be replaced with LG's when these stop working because Samsung has horrible customer service and treat their high paying clients like garbage.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: The worst experience ever! Calling Samsung’s 800 number for warranty issues is like calling another planet of people so unqualified and unhelpful. I purchased a 2500 refrigerator 1/2020. Delivered by Best Buy in 2/12/2020 and the ice maker was making horrible sounds 9/2020, 10/2020, 11/2020. I called while it was under warranty and they promised I caught it in time. After they attempted to resolve the issue and couldn’t we entered into 2021 year and they changed their minds telling me they could no longer swap it out with Best Buy because it was out of the year 2020 timeframe. Despite telling me while I called in 2020 that I was protected as long as I presented the purchased receipts that I did! They are only offering me a low prorated amount of 1800 and to remove the warranty sticker. That’s just insane customer service when my whole home has Samsung products. I can’t even believe this company and I will never buy another Samsung again.

Original review: March 12, 2021

Samsung refrigerators have a problem with ice buildup behind the evaporator cover. They have a replacement part to fix this design defect but they expect their customers to pay to make this repair. Very poor customer service when you ask your customers to pay to correct your design flaw. Don't buy a Samsung refrigerator!

Original review: March 7, 2021

Don’t buy a Samsung refrigerator. The ice maker freezes up. It is a defect and they replace with defective parts. The refrigerator won’t hold a constant temp, jumps into 50s without the door being opened or inside overfilled. Water leaks into the bottom of the fridge. Should have stuck with electronics.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Samsung quality, latest innovations. Hi-tech comes to the fridge. Quiet (even the icemaker), lights up like a Christmas tree when opened. Well-thought-out inside configuration. Costs as much as my first car, but definitely worth it.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

This refrigerator was not worth the money. No space to put much of anything. The electronics were hacked and I had people talking to me from another country in my kitchen. Not happy with this at all. It keeps wanting you to replace the 50 dollar water filter when you barely used it. Also door shelf already got brittle and pieces broke off where it connects to the door. Do yourself a favor and save your money. This was definitely not worth the money. I hate it.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

The refrigerator is a really good appliance. The biggest reason I didn’t give the appliance a 5 is because it dents very easily. I would recommend the fridge for use but with the knowledge that any bump for example kids running into it on their ride on toys will cause dents.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Simply put! Lousy appliances!! I build my houses. First time I used all Samsung appliances for kitchen. Within the first two years refrigerator ice maker broke 3 times. Only once covered under warranty. First 6 months gas oven. ALL top burn covers and grates discolored covered under warranty. NOW to microwave. The damn clock/timer constantly beeps and goes to #7. I mean every 1,2,3 minutes tops. Called Samsung. Knew all about problems and tried to sell me a $165 microwave door to fix problem plus $65 install. They would NOT allow me to install because it would void warranty. I questioned. What warranty? First door was not being covered. No answer to that. Now just waiting for dishwasher to go. LOUSY customer service and A LOT of ** to get out of ANY responsibility for their products. All products just 3 1/2 years old.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

We have had the Samsung refrigerator about 8 years. We had to replace the ice maker 3 years ago. Several of the drawers are cracked but were never dropped or abused in any way. The gasket around the doors to the refrigerator part are weak and will have to be replaced soon. Although the refrigerator an freezer keep food cold and frozen, we know this appliance will not last like our previous one which we still have and isn't a Samsung. The old one is in our garage and still works like new and is 25 years old. I wanted a larger fridge and that is the reason we bought the Samsung. Of course, I regret buying it.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I purchased my Samsung counter depth French door refrigerator on 9/13/2016. Since then I have had the ice maker replaced 5 times and am scheduled for another replacement next Thursday. They have offered me a 50% off coupon for a new refrigerator but I have no desire to purchase another refrigerator at this time since I recently retired. I was told that it was a poor design unfortunately.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Love everything about this refrigerator. Plenty of shelf space in the fridge part. The freezer has two levels which helps because I make homemade soups and freeze them with vegetables grown in my garden. The white finish cleans easily. Separate temps for freezer and refrigerator works great. Price was very affordable.

Samsung Refrigerator Company Information