Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Samsung Refrigerator Reviews

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Samsung fridge with the drink drawer is the smarter purchase I've made! I purchased the 'Samsung - 28.2 Cu. Ft. 4-Door French Door Apps Refrigerator with Thru-the-Door Ice and Water - Stainless steel -Model:RF28HMELBSR" 3 years ago and have never regretted it. The fridge is a powerhouse with cool features. The drink drawer is SO awesome! It keeps our soda and beer cool and out of the way! It has a mini-touchscreen that plays Pandora, shows our calendar, weather and news, plus has an app for drawing notes. The connection isn't always stable and the phone mirroring app never worked, but I don't care. It's really cool. Keeps the food fresh, the freezer is large and has a drawer for small items as well. The shelves are movable and it looks lovely. I totally recommend it!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

We love our Samsung Smart French Door refrigerator! It is counter-depth, with the black fingerprint resistant finish. Beautiful appliance that really looks fantastic in our kitchen. This refrigerator has a surprisingly large food capacity. It has the 4-zone drawer, adjustable shelves, ice maker and water in the door. One of my absolutely favorite feature of this refrigerator though is the built-in pitcher inside of the door. It can be used as a fruit infusion pitcher and it automatically refills itself! The bottom freezer has two drawers with separations and makes organization easy.

The four zone refrigerator drawer makes it easy to find snacks or other often used items. The easy access door with removable handled baskets is very handy and energy efficient. This refrigerator also has the smart feature that I can access at any time on my phone. We bought this refrigerator when it was on sale; otherwise I would say that the price would be kind of prohibitive. Otherwise, I hardily recommend this refrigerator!

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

This refrigerator is one of the best we have ever had. Being a Navy family, we are always on the move, resulting in new appliances every few years. We found early on that selling our used appliances before a move, was more cost effective than risking damage to them. Samsung refrigerators are priced well, energy efficient, as well as nice to look at. I love the french doors and freezer on the bottom. The middle drawer is the favorite feature in this house. Putting the most used items in the drawer, saves opening the doors to the top storage area so many times each day. The crisper drawer lives up to its name, keeping lettuce fresh and crispy as long as 10 days.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

We bought our Samsung from Lowe's. It was on sale and with my veteran's discount, it was a great price. We are empty nesters and the size of the fridge is perfect for us, with ample door storage. Lots of freezer space also. We love the filtered ice/water through the door options. The stainless steel is so easy to keep clean and looks really sharp. Temperature controls actually work where in some other brands we have owned they were more like idiot gages, nonfunctional. We have owned it six years now and still loving it. Only thing I would change is the location of the water filter. Put it up top so an old man like me does not have to lay down to make the change.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I like my my Samsung 4 door. I did compare many size and one of the important thing was the ice maker. Most ice maker goes into the door now and don't hold a lot of ice. Damn, it is main thing for many, Ice. This one has a long tray and it does make 4 trays of ice. Had a Kenmore before side by side. Doors don't open wide enough. This one does. The freezer is very big and like the setting that I can set for -8 degrees. Important if you go fishing for Tuna. At 32 degrees you have to eat up Tuna within 3 months. Zero degrees and below, can hold tuna up to a year. Properly seal up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Bought my Samsung French Door/Bottom Freezer Refrigerators at Sears In 2012 and I have had problem after problem. After about 6 months of owning it there was ice buildup. We did buy the extended warranty so that covered the fix but a year after that the same thing happened but this time the fridge was no longer cooling at all and it had ice. Once again they came out and fixed it. I got tired of calling for repairs so I started removing the ice from the back as needed the best I could. Also the ice machine went completely out so I just bought ice trays. About 2 years ago the freezer gave out completely. I called a repair person but it was going to be over $800 to fix. It was blocked with ice on the bottom once the ice was removed. Now it doesn’t cool down at all. This fridge is a $2,000 piece of junk. NEVER AGAIN. I should have went with a cheap basic fridge.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I had nothing but troubles since we bought the refrigerator Samsung side by side with outside doors to get to the door shelves. First two weeks it was beeping constantly and nobody at Samsung Help could not tell me JUST to disconnect and reboot. It took two month for to get a repair man and by then I had it fixed. Then the door shelves are made of such a LOW quality that they do NOT have any quality at all. Within the first six months 3 shelves were broken in pieces and when I complained they ONLY send me 1 shelf. You keep complaining to somebody from the other side of the world and they just keep opening new ticket complains without solving the problem. They send me one more shelf and as of today I only have two door shelves working because each one costs about $60 and I do not want waste any more money.

The water and ice dispenser is also a big problem, it seems to have an attitude. It dispenses ice or water whenever it pleases him not the person getting it. It would not dispense and you HAVE to figure out if the temperature it's at normal or you have to open and close the doors or you have to turn the knob at the ice dispenser to get anything dispensed to you. Do not BUY it is a piece of JUNK compare to my last refrigerator that lasted 15 years without any problems. If you Do be prepared to pay them at least $240 a year in Door Shelves replacements.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I paid over $2K for for a Samsung 3 Door refrigerator from Lowe's a little over three years ago long with a high end Samsung Range. The range failed as soon as the warranty expired and was cheaper to junk than to repair, the Refrigerator has been going downhill over he past two years. Do yourself a favor and stay away from any Samsung appliances. They are junk.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

We have had MANY issues with our Samsung refrigerator that is LESS than 5 yrs old and cost OVER $3000!! Over the past year, the fan and refrigeration coils behind the back panel FREQUENTLY ice up, causing the fan to stop cooling the fridge, and therefore spoiling all the food. We then have to move any salvageable food into coolers to allow the fridge to completely defrost. This happens every month or so, since the issues began, and we are not alone by any means if you research reviews on the web.

It is model RF28HFEDBSR/AA with French Doors, icemaker/water dispenser and a Bottom Freezer. BUYER BEWARE. Samsung does not assume ANY responsibility for their faulty products, hence the class action lawsuit in USA which started in 2010, and the internet is FULL of angry, disappointed consumers with the exact same stories. Samsung's service bulletin regarding the issue recommends replacing more parts, but at your own expense, and without evidence of even resolving the issues to consumers' satisfaction. I would strongly advise steering clear of any Samsung refrigerator, and plan to boycott them myself in any future purchases!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Terrible product. Most refridgerators will last 10-12 years, Samsung will last 5 at most! Ice machine goes out, then the whole system quits on you. Reach out to the company (Samsung) and they do not want to do anything. Lost hundreds of dollars of food from this and I am out the cost of a technician because I was told there is nothing that can be done. Have to go look for a new one and I am making sure I do not get a Samsung. Stay clear of their product!!

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a Korean appliance company known for creating a wide range of electronics and home appliances. The company, based in Seoul, Korea, was founded in 1938.

• Technology: Samsung offers wi-fi connected refrigerators, letting users keep track of fridge contents and settings remotely.

• Color options: The company sells refrigerators in a selection of colors, including stainless steel, platinum, white, black and more. These options let customers choose a refrigerator color that matches their kitchen.

• Additional features: Samsung's refrigerators come with many additional features, like water filters, a showcase door and more.

• Warranties: Customers have the option of purchasing extended warranties to cover damage or necessary repairs over the life of the item.

• Sleek design: Samsung has a reputation for sleek, contemporary refrigerators that offer a modern, clean aesthetic.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for high-quality, high-tech refrigeration devices, and college students in need of small, affordable mini-refrigerators.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs