2. Homeowners
  3. Refrigerators

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.96/5
Based on 2,370 ratings submitted in the last year

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes smart vacuums, laundry appliances and kitchen appliances, including refrigerators. The company produces several models of refrigerators and includes a warranty. Samsung products are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

BOTTOM LINE

Samsung refrigerators are built to last and come in a variety of sizes, styles and colors. Models include smart features, adjustable settings and sleek designs.

PROS
  • Energy-efficient
  • Multiple designs
  • Top technology
  • Temperature control
CONS
  • Can be pricey
  • Short return period

Top Samsung Refrigerator Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Refrigerator?

There is lots of room to store food in it. The design of 4 doors with the option of making the third door a fridge rather than freezer space is good for large families. Plenty of shelf space in doors for sauce, jam bottles as well a cheese storage. And a nice container for eggs.

I needed a 24 inch deep refrigerator and this was just right. I've had the refrigerator for over 5 years and it has been good. The best part is if you have a problem, you call a number and a technician tells you what to do. I would recommend Samsung to all my friends.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Samsung Refrigerators

Samsung offers five core refrigerator styles:

• 4-Door Flex
    • 3-Door French Door
    • 4-Door French Door
    • Side-By-Side
    • Top Freezer

Samsung refrigerators include a range of features and are available in a variety of sizes, layouts, colors and prices. Some key features include Wi-Fi connectivity, FlexZone, ENERGY STAR certification, autofill water pitchers and ice makers.

Depending on the model and age of your Samsung refrigerator, the warranty on its motor lasts five, 10 or 11 years. The manufacturer’s warranty for all other issues is two years from the original purchase date.

Customers can buy Samsung refrigerators at major retail stores, including Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe’s and locally owned appliance stores that carry Samsung products.

Samsung Refrigerators price

Samsung refrigerators cost from $700 to more than $4,500. The average price of a Samsung refrigerator is about $2,000.

The type, size, capacity and functions affect the price of a Samsung refrigerator. Refrigerators priced between $700 to $900 have limited features, including basic functions like an ice maker, while refrigerators that cost more than $4,500 include features like frame LED lighting, remote-view cameras and compartments with separate controls for temperature and humidity.

Discounts are available for military personnel, government workers, educators and students.

Samsung Refrigerators FAQ

Is there a class action lawsuit against Samsung refrigerator?
    A class-action lawsuit was filed in 2017 involving a specific ice maker issue for a Samsung French-door refrigerator model. The lawsuit is currently in mediation.
    How do you troubleshoot a Samsung refrigerator?
    You can troubleshoot any issue with your Samsung refrigerator through the “Remote Support” or “Live Chat” options on the company’s website. You can also search for service locations and make a service request on the website.
    How long do Samsung refrigerators last?
    The average life of a Samsung refrigerator is around 15 years.

Are Samsung Refrigerators good?

Samsung refrigerators are sleek and spacious and offer top technology features and ENERGY STAR certification. Models with luxury features can be pricey, but many customers think the extra cost is worth the convenience the options provide. If the refrigerator’s functions suit your needs and the price is right for your budget, we recommend choosing a Samsung refrigerator.

Samsung Refrigerator Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Refrigerator?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

When I was going to buy a new refrigerator I started by checking on Consumer Reports website for best rated. 6 out of the top 10 best rated were all Samsung. I have the french door model with two drawers, one is a refrigerated drawer, the second, larger is the freezer. In the freezer is another drawer. I love it, the refrigerated drawer is used for quick snacks, lunch meats and cheeses and tortillas. We use drawer within the freezer drawer is great for separating small items or quickly consumed items.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

We have had the unit going on 9 or 10 years. Recently we have had a problem with the bottom freezer compartment freezing up. I have to remove both compartment and wait until the ice that has formed on the bottom area to thaw and remove the ice. Went to local dealer and was told that maybe that maybe the freezer door seal is worn. I inspected the seal and it still look good. Cleaned the seal as suggested yesterday. Now, I will wait and see what happens in the next few days. The setting for the freezer compartment is set a 8 degrees.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

I have had this Samsung refrigerator (model RF266AERS) for at least 10 years. It has a one touch pure water dispenser (I chose the inside dispenser) and it’s easy to change the water filter which doesn’t take up much space in the back of the fridge. It also lets you know when to change the filter. The bins are removable and the shelves are adjustable. The freezer bin holds a ton of food and I chose to have the ice machine inside the freezer which makes ice on a regular basis. It is easy to clean both inside and out. Its design is a very pretty. I have never had to get it repaired, so I never had to use the warranty. It runs very quiet. All in all, I would give it a 10!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

My Samsung is probably 15 years old by now. It has been one of my best investments. I think I have had one repair in all that time that may have been $150 which at the time I thought was outrageous. But looking back now was cheap considering the longevity of my refrigerator. It looks great, it is still in style and is easily maintained. It is silver which is very much still in vogue and everything works! I have always taken good care of my appliances so they will last a long time. Now that I have bragged on it, well we'll see.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Samsung top freezer RT21M62135R, nominally 21 cubic feet, is fairly capacious. Unfortunately the lighting in the refrigerator section is front mounted and everything in the rear disappears into the shadows - keep a flashlight handy. The freezer also has a light, something my prior refrigerator did not have. I really like the slide and reach shelf for deli type items - very convenient. The door storage is a bit inflexible. I ordered the model without an ice maker, they shipped it to me anyway despite my attempt to stop it, which they ignored (customer service in the US is impossible to contact - they switched me to Indonesia (sic)! (Consider that I bought this model for energy efficiency, then they ship something I do not want - pure waste.) Even though they took the door off, the delivery service still managed to put eight dents in the door - too easy to dent.

Original review: May 15, 2021

I am appalled at the poor customer support and minimal warranty on parts for my refrigerator. We purchased in 2019, and experienced significant condensation with water pooling in various drawers. After we discovered how pervasive the issue was, we had it fixed (already out of warranty). We then got a 90 day warranty on the new part which was very suspicious (only 90 days on a brand new part?). And go figure! About 150 days later, condensation! Ka Ching! Now they want to come back and replace the part for a THIRD time in roughly 2 years. A total rip off.

I had heard muscled things about Samsung refrigerators but I guess I’d have never thought that in such a scenario (same new part failing twice within two years) they would not acknowledge this to be a Samsung and not an “us” problem. Bottom line, I’d advise against buying any Samsung product after going through this incredulous situation. Not worth the $$, time or hassle. Anyone want to buy a used lemon of a fridge?

Original review: May 15, 2021

The 2 stars are given because they are beautiful BUT we did a complete kitchen remodel in 2018 and nothing is holding up. We spent over $5000 on a SmartHub fridge that won't make ice properly and freezes up every month or so, $400 on a microwave that broke 5 months ago, over $5000 on a double oven that won't hold its temp properly and now we have to pay fo fix the washing machine that we spent almost $2000 on. We spent well over 15,000 to have matching smart appliances that we'll end up having to replace within the next few years. Nothing has connected properly to the smart hub. SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: April 24, 2021

I bought a house with Samsung appliances and and wish I had asked for new ones from a different brand. Pure junk. The stove burners didn't work properly, the oven heat varied all over the oven when baking. The fridge door drawers all cracked and cost too much to bother replacing. The door flap was broke and fridge didn't cool properly. Food spoiled. Now for the junk of a washer that would take half a day to do a load of wash because when it would go to the spin mode, it would unbalance and kick out only to take another twenty mins to finish or do it again and back to twenty mins again. I would recommend to not buy these from this company. They need to stick to cellphones. By the way, the house was seven years old and the dryer was a different make, assuming it died already. Costly replacing all of this because they make crap.

Original review: April 5, 2021

We bought our Samsung fridge with icemaker in 2015 and loved the design for storage. We had several issues with defrosting and the fridge developing ice and the back and freezing food. We started to take a day once a year to defrost it over 24 hours and it worked for a couple years but we called it this year. It froze up again (early this year) and we defrosted it again but it never got back to properly keeping our food cool but not frozen. Our local repair person told us he wouldn't waste our time because he's gone to service Samsung fridges many times and bought new parts but it never helped. When we had our new fridge delivered the delivery person commented that they've removed mostly Samsung fridges from people's homes. They look good but not worth it. Ours lasted 6 years! That's not long for over $2,000.00. Not to mention the environmental impact!

Original review: March 31, 2021

I bought this fridge as part of a whole kitchen package when I remodeled 2 years ago. I'm not sure it ever cooled as cold as previous fridges, but this one is different. The controls are different, very different. Gone is the dial that goes from off to high cool. A panel of buttons and lights, hold this button down for three seconds for this, 5 seconds for that, hold down both at the same time for 5 seconds for that, this is on when that light is off. If it stops cooling it might have gone back to 'show room mode' etc.

The fridge might run fine but I am unable to find the right variation of buttons and lights to push for how long at the right time. The manual and online is no help at all. There doesn't seem to be a Samsung rep to call, I've decided to have it hauled off and buy something with an on and off switch. The fins might be clogged up but they are inaccessible for home owners. Repair people want $200 just to show up and that does not apply to repair. Extra to diagnose. It would be very easy to pay more for repair than I paid for the fridge. They seem to deny there is a warranty or it would apply to my issue.

Samsung Refrigerator Company Information