Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

3357 Samsung Refrigerator Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 8, 2019

We bought this refrigerator when remodeling 9 years ago. It had everything I wanted, including 2 ice makers, long drawers for various trays, and very adjustable shelves, and a large freezer area with several compartments. I have not had to have it serviced in that time. The door water dispenser seems to have a lower volume, but we do have mineral buildup, so it might be that. It hasn't bothered us enough to call a repairperson. The ice maker is a bit noisy when it is dropping into the bin. It is a great refrigerator and I highly recommend it.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Overall, I love my 5-door. Only problem is the icemaker. Ice cubes have a tendency to get stuck and stop producing ice. Had it replaced twice in 2 years. Samsung replaced the icemaker quickly and at no cost to me. The water filter is the best, so we stopped using bottled water in our coffee maker and other small appliances. Adequate interior space.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2019

This is basically the French door entry level type. I love it. I had one door closing properly problem, and a fantastic mechanic was sent under my warranty. It’s beautiful and holds plenty. The freezer needs to be “jerked out” every so often to get it to a complete opening. The repairman showed me. Good fridge and good Samsung customer service.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I like my my Samsung 4 door. I did compare many size and one of the important thing was the ice maker. Most ice maker goes into the door now and don't hold a lot of ice. Damn, it is main thing for many, Ice. This one has a long tray and it does make 4 trays of ice. Had a Kenmore before side by side. Doors don't open wide enough. This one does. The freezer is very big and like the setting that I can set for -8 degrees. Important if you go fishing for Tuna. At 32 degrees you have to eat up Tuna within 3 months. Zero degrees and below, can hold tuna up to a year. Properly seal up.

Original review: March 13, 2019

The Stainless Steel is beautiful however it is virtually impossible to keep fingerprint clean with a family. I'd like to try the new feature that doesn't show marks. The interior is a bit small and the ice maker can hardly keep up with our usage. It looks great when it's clean on the outside.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Model # RF26J7500SR, French Door with external water/ice maker. This was delivered 2.5 years ago. The ice maker continually jams... I've had at least 5 Samsung repair guys out and they try to fix it, but in a few weeks it's back to being jammed and dripping. I'm now fighting with Home Depot's warranty company to get it replaced or fully refunded!!! A royal pain in the derriere!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Samsung refrigerator RF28HFEDBSR/AA. Purchased this unit in November 2015 new at Home Depot. Had about 1 year until issues started. The 1st issue: The refrigerator wasn’t keeping an accurate temperature inside and was leaking water all inside the bins. The inside back panel of the refrigerator froze up with ice, rendering the fans that circulate the air useless since they froze up. Had repair company come and order entire new back panel “twin cooling” section. Said this was a common problem due to the poor condensation section in the rear panel section. It would freeze up not allowing the water to drain. The refrigerator work for a couple more months and then developed a second problem.

Problem number 2: The refrigerator could not keep a constant temperature like before. Same repair company came out, they spoke with Samsung and they then had to replace the rear logic board in the rear. This worked for a few more months and yet again a 3rd problem. It wasn’t holding a accurate temperature yet again. Same repair company came out a 3rd time and Samsung told him to replace the rear panel again. Also this time the ice maker wasn’t working correctly either. Freezing up the components inside the ice maker section. These parts also had to be ordered along with the rear panel again. Thank the Lord I had the Extended Service Plan with Home Depot which has yet to replace my unit, only fixing it time after time. Asurion also likes to play games and try and send service centers who are not Samsung Certified Technicians which causes more delay. Have to fight with them as well to send the correct people out.

Samsung simply make poor appliance in all. As a side note I also had a Samsung washer that had to be replaced since it was one that was recalled due to exploding during spin cycles. From what I can gather, most companies like Samsung do not build anything these days with quality in mind. Samsung charges the extended service center a lot of money for these parts to be replaced over and over again failing to actually replace the unit. That seems to be their game these days. Would NEVER buy another Samsung appliance ever again and would tell everyone to stay away from them.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

We bought a Samsung refrigerator with French Doors 3.5 years ago. We've had the ice maker repaired 5 times. We have been waiting 9 days for Samsung to send parts and can't get a status on when they will send them. Do not buy appliances from Samsung!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

My husband purchased the whole kitchen group less the dishwasher from HH Gregg before they went belly up in 6/2017 with a 5 year warranty ($500) EXTRA! The icemaker stopped producing ice in Oct 2017. Called warranty dept. They sent out tech and he thawed out the underneath of the icemaker. Stated there was no replacement at the time. We could deal with it and hoped it fixed it. In 2018, it started the same thing, NO ICE and frozen up again. The warranty dept sent techs out on 3 different occasions that year, still NOT WORKING properly. The warranty dept said there was nothing else they could do and we would be getting a refund check in the mail.

We received a check for $1400 from Samsung this year, called and asked why not a full refund, were told the techs that had been sent the 4 trips to "REPAIR" totaled the balance of the total cost of $2500 we originally paid for the refrigerator. This is a beautiful "Black Stainless 4 door". I totally loved it from the start but I HATE IT NOW AND WILL NOT BE PURCHASING ANOTHER SAMSUNG ITEM! So we lost out on over $1000 and still have a broken refrigerator!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

My Samsung French door with bottom freezer is 2-1/2 years old and the ice maker stopped working. Water leaks inside the fridge under the vegetable drawer and freezes up. Cannot open the drawer because it freezes in ice from leaking water. Had the repair man out (&432.00) and problem still exists. Will not buy another Samsung item.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a Korean appliance company known for creating a wide range of electronics and home appliances. The company, based in Seoul, Korea, was founded in 1938.

• Technology: Samsung offers wi-fi connected refrigerators, letting users keep track of fridge contents and settings remotely.

• Color options: The company sells refrigerators in a selection of colors, including stainless steel, platinum, white, black and more. These options let customers choose a refrigerator color that matches their kitchen.

• Additional features: Samsung's refrigerators come with many additional features, like water filters, a showcase door and more.

• Warranties: Customers have the option of purchasing extended warranties to cover damage or necessary repairs over the life of the item.

• Sleek design: Samsung has a reputation for sleek, contemporary refrigerators that offer a modern, clean aesthetic.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for high-quality, high-tech refrigeration devices, and college students in need of small, affordable mini-refrigerators.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs