Samsung Refrigerator

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Had repairman look at 3 year old refrigerator. He said they had huge problems. Air leaking from frigerator into ice maker. Needs food grade silicone to seal. He said to call Samsung. Did that twice. The don't give a **. Out of warranty. Basically go to hell. Had a problem with three year old Samsung tv. Trash. Basically go to hell.

Purchased a 32" SS refrigerator and a 5 year extended warranty. The door on the refrigerator is starting to rust. Had the repair company look at and sent in pictures to have them tell me it's cosmetic. SS is not going to rust, unless if is defective materials. Called Samsung to get nowhere with them. My opinion is NOT to buy from Lowe's or ANY Samsung products (especially with all their recalls because of defects).

French door refrigerator model RF263BEAESR/AA. This POS is 3 1/2 yrs old. Ref makes a racket after there is ice buildup and fan hits ice. Only way to stop noise is removing all shelves, removing inside panel in rear and chopping away at ice. This has to be done at least once a month. Getting ready to check it out the door. Do not buy SAMSUNG. First time service man said nothing can be done to permanently correct it. It's been going on now for over a year. Now we do it ourselves. Apparently there is a lawsuit regarding this problem.

Purchase a Samsung bottom mount refrigerator/freezer March 2013. In 2016, it started making a LOUD humming noise. They don't have repair in my area, so used a local. He had to take the inside back panel off and clear our ice buildup. Cost $130. Now it's doing it again and they say the solution is to unload fridge, turn it off and wait 24-48 hours for it to melt out and to put out towels everywhere. Not a permanent solution. I think it's probably because they use weak door closures and it doesn't seal so moisture builds up and freeze and then starts restricting the circulating fan. Very poor product/solution.

DW80J3020 Series Samsung Dishwasher - New kitchen remodeling Oct 2015 - all brand new Samsung appliances. March 14th 2017 wife is doing a evening wash - dishwasher shutdowns - no lights - AC feed fine (breakers AOK). Samsung service response (a three to five days time for service response). Local appliance company comes next day. Main control board failure. 17 Months MTBF. LOUSY! Assessment is labor, revisit and part but likely hood of another failure make this product a HAUL away to the disposal center. Samsung refrigerator noise/rattle issues, convention over poor stove top quality - scratches. SAMSUNG never again. I operate a small computer repair business - BOSH D/W to replaced this poor quality and poor service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Do not buy Samsung appliances. This refrigerator was counter depth. Very expensive from Lowe’s. It is 1 year and 2 months old. The ice maker broke and they won't cover it. Bought Lowe’s Appliance Protection. I guess it's not covered there either. Bought Samsung microwave. Returned first two and this one is 1 year old and sucks! Never going to buy Samsung again. Their customer service sucks!

First of all let me say every Samsung appliance that I have, stove; refrigerator; microwave is a piece of poopy. I cannot believe how bad these products are made. The microwave has failed twice, the refrigerator manufactured two years ago failed. Had to argue for weeks to get them to cover this repair, for about 2 months. Stove has a poor layout and pans do not fit on burners. Refrigerator has cheap parts that snap off, warp or do not close. DON'T BUY SAMSUNG. THEIR PRODUCTS REALLY SUCK FOR THE AMERICAN MARKET. Made in Korea should not matter, but it does with this piece of poo company!!!

Our Samsung fridge is just over 1 year old! Warranty just expired. We bought this piece of junk from Trail appliances Calgary, Ab. Paid 3500.00 dollars for it. The ice maker freezes up then leaks water all over the fridge on the floor. Tried defrosting it. Called Trail appliances. NO HELP! They said out of warranty call Samsung. Called them. NO HELP! NO WARRANTY LEFT! ONE YEAR OLD and its basically a piece of scrap. Have to either turn ice maker off or deal with water all over fridge and floor. Called 2 service repair companies. They say there is NO PERMANENT FIX! Samsung I have purchased several of your appliances still have some. Never again will I purchase anything from you again! Your products are GARBAGE AND YOU SHOULD BE SUED FOR FAULTY APPLIANCES!

Bought fridge in 2016. Had to replace the first one brought out cause the ice maker didn't work at all. The new one the ice maker has a mind of its own... Leaked water constantly. Got gaskets replaced. Now the fridge freezes my food and I had to throw away about $80 of groceries. The repairman was supposed to come yesterday but never showed up now I have to wait another week. To take a chance of losing more food... That I can't afford. I'm elderly and on a fixed income.

I bought the Samsung French 4 door refrigerator October 29, 2015 but it was not delivered until November 21, 2016. None in stock at Jetsons Appliance Center. In November 4, 2016 I called to question the ice cube maker not making cubed ice and having water come out with the ice. I did what they suggested but no help. Then started the paper and date trail. They did send someone to fix it in Dec. and said that it was out of warranty but would accommodate. The service company has been here 4 times and they are sending them out a 5th time but now say that the warranty starts from purchase date so even though I started this within the year it was in my possession this was the best they can do. Do they really only warranty from purchase date, why pay for their product until installed then?

Purchased Samsung refrigerator 1 year and 15 days ago and it quit working. Per Samsung that is too bad. You will pay 160.00 service call and 135.00 for a part that is defective. Worst customer service I have ever had. Check out complaints against Samsung before you buy one of their products. You do not need to act on my word alone. If I had checked for reviews on their product I would have never bought anything with the name Samsung.

We purchased a side by side Samsung refrigerator about 3 years ago. The icemaker has been nothing but a nightmare. Ice production has been marginal and then the mechanism totally freezes. We have spent 600 on repairs, but the problems reoccur. Based on the number of complaints, this 3000 appliance is a con job by Samsung. Apparently, they could care less about customer service. I plan to tell everyone I know. Shame on Samsung!

We bought this refrigerator brand new in May 2012. In Jan 2015 we had to replace the evaporator as water was draining into our shelves and crystallizing. In March 2017 we again had to change the evaporator fan and the freezer ice maker. Again the evaporator fan broke and the freezer ice maker just quit making ice. Even with senior discount for appliance repairs our repair bill for this less than 5 year old fridge is already over $1000-. Never again will I buy a Samsung product.

The ice maker in my model RF263BEAESR/AA Samsung is not working again after all the components were replaced less than 8 months ago. It is now out of warranty and they will not stand behind the work from August even though it is the same problem as before. I am not paying for them to come out to replace parts again that did not fix the issue in the first place. I'd rather give it away and buy a GE.

Purchased in 2010 counter depth, bottom freezer 19 cu. ft. in black, model RB195ABBP. Worked fairly well until 2015 in Dec. Some water in the veg/fruit bins and under the drawers as well. I thought a spill but continued as months passed. Next came ice formation in and under veg/fruit bin. I unplugged, thawed and cleaned up. Also increased temperature as directed in troubleshooting section. Not 8 days it happened again as I sit today. I've leveled as directed as well. I emailed Samsung to no avail. Now the touchpad temp controls don't work!!! I'm so done with this fridge. It's now out of warranty and I must start looking for a new fridge. The company needs to be held accountable for their products or get out of the business. Whoever heard of a fridge of 5 years to start having problems! I've kept refrigerators for 15 or more years!

We purchased a counter depth refrigerator back on 2012. We have had nothing but problems with the ice maker and switch to dispense ice since we had it. Not only did we spend a lot for this refrigerator, we have continued to have to sink money into it to keep it working. Then we bought the $500 over the range microwave. Bad move!!! After having for one year, the number buttons on the front became hard to work. Now we have 2 numbers that won't work at all. But of course they are telling me that they don't cover this under the warranty. What good it the microwave if you cannot program in the time to cook??

We also bought the induction range. I hope this holds up. We will never ever buy from Samsung again and will also advise all family and friends of our bad experience. My sister also had same issues with her Samsung refrigerator. Samsung might make good TV's but their kitchen appliances are a piece of junk and they do not care how much you spend on them, they will not cover repairing a function like the number buttons! Unacceptable!!

My Samsung refrigerator has been in service for less than a year and I have already defrosted the icemaker 6 times. When I contacted Samsung they basically told me too bad my problem. Is anyone else as disappointed as I am with their Samsung refrigerator? Hoping someone can tell me how to get Samsung to stand behind this very expensive product.

We purchased this Samsung Refrigerator at Sears. It was one of the more expensive refrigerators in the store. We paid about $2500. It's junk from day one. Noisy. And the ice maker clogs and jams. And ice forms on the back and gets so noisy we can't stay in the same room as the machine. And when the Sears repair people come to fix it all they can say is that they are not very good machines, and "they don't make them liked they used to." The junk will be off the warranty soon. I think it's criminal that they don't recall the machine. Samsung stole $2500 from us and cost of many hours of not being able to use our house and having to stay home for the doctor to come, only to say it's a chronic & terminal condition. I have nothing good to say about Samsung.

My husband and I purchased a Samsung 32 CF French Door Refrigerator with dual ice makers from Lowe's in 2013 for $2805.44. We also purchased the 4 year major appliance warranty for $1500. Since the first week the top ice maker builds ice condensation and freezes up so it can't dump ice. One ice maker is on top and through the door, the other in the bottom freezer. We called Lowe's and a repairman was sent who informed us that nothing could be done. Our mistake at that time was not telling Lowe's to come pick up their appliance and informing our credit card company (which was a Lowe's card) that we wanted to enter a dispute. The last 3 years I have had to endure my husband cussing as he used a hair blow dryer to defrost the ice maker.

Fast forward to today. Thought we would try again as we have 1 month left on the warranty. Lowe's sent out a contract appliance repair guy. Repair guy has seen this over and over, he says. He says there is no "fix" from Samsung. But we will go through the motions of pretend. Question #1 -- Why is there not a class action lawsuit on this product? Question #2 -- Why does Lowe's sell Samsung products when they are aware they are faulty to the point of no "fix"? Questions #3 -- Who is surprised that the Samsung CEO Jay Y. Lee has been arrested for corruption in South Korea? Question #4 -- With Samsung top loading washers EXPLODING, Samsung cell phones catching fire and burning up cars/homes/ people, and Samsung TVs allowing the CIA to eavesdrop on you even when TURNED OFF why would people want to buy any of their products? I'm not through with Lowe's or Samsung yet. It's on now like "Donkey Kong."

In the past two weeks my Samsung refrigerator has been producing ice underneath the freezer part and I have to defrost a refrigerator from the like the 1950's. My Samsung dishwasher went out and I had to replace it And my top loading Samsung washing machine went out. This is all taking place in the past two weeks and these appliances are less than three years old. To make matters worse my 55 inch plasma Samsung TV went out last night. Samsung needs to make appliances that will last you longer than three years. This is an absolute shame that you can sell your appliances to people and within three years they break down. Samsung needs to stand behind their products and make better products. I will NEVER recommend a Samsung again or buy another one of their products.

Would like to say "ditto" to all the other negative reviews on Samsung Refrigerators. Bought one in 2013 and a month after warranty expired the motherboard went out. Spent over $500 having everything repaired and still did not resolve problem. Called Samsung multiple (10+) times and got absolutely nowhere. The ice dispenser quit working and paid $99 to have their repair company (Sears) look at it and tell me to fix everything it would take another $780 and they couldn't guarantee that would fix everything. Multiple times they were supposed to call back with "Executive Ticket Number" and didn't. Most frustrating and useless company I have ever dealt with. You know there's a problem when you call and the first question on the automated answer is "are you calling about a recall". I will never buy another Samsung product again, regardless of the review on the product.

I bought a Samsung French Door refrigerator last August. It was model RF30HBEDBSR/AA, which was the largest model available. Price was $2553. I bought the Home Depot extended warranty with it (another $150). I had the refrigerator delivered in October to my new home. This is a very large refrigerator, with the Deli drawer and split upper door to access often used items. Features were great! Unfortunately, the quality wasn't. The ice maker didn't grind ice very small using the "crushed" mode. It put out a lot of untouched cubes with the crushed ice.

In January, I called and arranged to have the ice maker replaced under the warranty. However, at the same time I also reported that the plastic edges of two glass shelves had broken. I wanted to get them replaced as well. I was told by Samsung that the shelves were "cosmetic" items and not covered by their warranty. I was told that I could purchase new shelves through their website.

First - this refrigerator was only in use for three months at that time! Cosmetic or not, three months??? What kind of crap are they selling for $2,500+ that doesn't even last three months??? I checked the Warranty and it does exclude "cosmetic" items, though "cosmetic" isn't well defined, so it could cover a multitude of parts - BUYER BEWARE!!! Second - why would I want to buy parts that are of the same poor quality as what broke in less than three months? Why would I think they will last any longer than the original equipment that came with my refrigerator? So I called Home Depot, since I had also purchased their extended warranty. Their warranty is similarly worthless. They told me that they wouldn't cover items that Samsung wouldn't cover. So my Samsung days are over. I hope this review encourages others to find other brands to chose in lieu of Samsung.

I bought this stainless steel refrigerator from Lowe's and spent $3,000 only to have the ice maker jam, leak and not produce ice. After dozens of calls and several tech visits Samsung told me that even though they replaced the same parts 3 times that they would not replace the unit or credit me in any way! RUN FROM THIS COMPANY!!! They don't care that they produce a piece of junk and they have horrible customer service. I now see that I am not alone in this problem. I personally know 3 other people that have had the exact same experience as me. I will never buy anything with the Samsung label ever again.

I bought a Samsung refrigerator and it has had problems ever since. It is a lemon. I would advise everyone to not buy Samsung appliances. They are the worse appliances I have ever seen. Nothing but problems. The refrigerator stopped cooling and froze up and before that the ice maker stopped operating and now the water dispenser does not operate either. Stay away from Samsung products.

HhGregg did not stand behind this sorry refrigerator. The 1st time cost 220 to replace 2 years ago. It came and it was a bad. Sent it back. The ice maker is defective. Everyone cant be wrong or trying to cheat them. They cheated us. Louie's Appliance Repair in Bham Al is a good company with a man named Vann taking Louie's business on the side. I truly was shocked a thief not fixing his saving me so called money. Should have known when I asked for a receipt and he said they would mail it to me. For 220. Vann snapped the computer ice maker and did not wait even long enough to see if ice maker worked. It did not.

Plus Vann said he would fix my ice maker on my Whirlpool. Supposedly wrote down info. He has never returned to put in the new ice maker I bought on the Samsung and never came on Whirlpool. Even told him to order parts. He vanished and I did not turn him in. I waited for receipt of my payment. Never came. Wake up Louie's. That Vann guy is ruining your good recommendation I was given by one of your customers. Obviously they had an honest employee of yours to service their appliance. Samsung you suck. Worst product I ever bought. That is why I had ask to fix a 10 year old Whirlpool. From getting class action lawsuit with every one of you that reviewed this store.

We purchased our stainless steel Samsung refrigerator in Feb of 2013 (side by side with freezer on bottom) and made the mistake of opting out of the extended warranty. Big mistake! This product is pure junk! The icemaker continually freezes up and I have had two service calls and still the same problem. I have to unclog the ice personally to get the icemaker to work again. Now there are other issues the repairman said would cost $500 to fix. I have called Samsung at least six times to no avail. If you want a good, reliable refrigerator, stay away from Samsung!!! Not only are they junk, their people are not at all sympathetic. They have my money and I'm on my own now. I'm very angry at this company that rips people off like this.

Shocking experience with Samsung fridge. Fridge delivered yesterday after two days of waiting. Turns out it is not cooling. Samsung is telling me I have to wait another 3 days to get a technician check it. I don't want to ** get it checked!!!??? I want a replacement!!! I can't talk to a manager. People answering the phone barely speak English. Worst customer service ever! Stay away from Samsung fridge if you want peace of mind!

Samsung Refrigerator Repair - I called Sunday and left a message. I called Monday morning several and they gave me a service# telling me they would call me back in 2 days or I can call them. I called several times Monday and finally someone answered Tuesday at 3 pm just to tell me they would come next week on Tuesday to repair! Mind you now it's been since Sat night I have no service and I went food shopping Sat morning! This is unacceptable how they only have 1 company servicing. In addition, this problem has been happening often and I decided to make a difference now and place a complaint.

My husband and I purchased a side by side refrigerator from this company less than 4 years ago. The Motherboard has went on this refrigerator twice, we had it replace less than 7 months ago and now it has to be replaced again. This refrigerator is the biggest piece of junk ever. If you buy a product from this company don't expect them to stand behind their products whatsoever. They offer no help or solutions. I will never, ever buy a Samsung product again in my lifetime. If any of you out there are thinking about it please do not purchase their products. Shame on them for making this kind of a product and not standing behind it. It will now be my mission in life to make sure everyone knows about this company. I am not just starting here, I will be going much further with all of this. This company does not care at all about its customers and I think everyone should know this before purchasing anything from them again.

Bought a Samsung french door fridge a year and a half ago. It had a musty smell in it from the start that we were consistently trying to eliminate. The ice maker is terrible, always jamming, leaking and poor output of ice. After about a year of owning the fridge, part of the cooling system in the fridge section froze over and now the fridge portion does not cool enough to store food in it. The warranty has expired so we are on the hook for repairs for this product which cost $2,000. I have read many reviews of others having this same issue with a Samsung fridge. I would definitely not recommend a Samsung refrigerator. I wish I had done more research on reviews before purchasing.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Samsung is a Korean appliance company known for creating a wide range of electronics and home appliances. The company, based in Seoul, Korea, was founded in 1938.

• Technology: Samsung offers wi-fi connected refrigerators, letting users keep track of fridge contents and settings remotely.
  • Color options: The company sells refrigerators in a selection of colors, including stainless steel, platinum, white, black and more. These options let customers choose a refrigerator color that matches their kitchen.
  • Additional features: Samsung's refrigerators come with many additional features, like water filters, a showcase door and more.
  • Warranties: Customers have the option of purchasing extended warranties to cover damage or necessary repairs over the life of the item.
  • Sleek design: Samsung has a reputation for sleek, contemporary refrigerators that offer a modern, clean aesthetic.
  • Best for Homeowners looking for high-quality, high-tech refrigeration devices, and college students in need of small, affordable mini-refrigerators.

Compare Refrigerators