1.3/5 (82 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Samsung Refrigerator

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes smart vacuums, laundry appliances and kitchen appliances, including refrigerators. The company produces several models of refrigerators and includes a warranty. Samsung products are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

Pros

• Energy-efficient
  • Multiple designs
  • Top technology
  • Temperature control

Cons

• Can be pricey
  • Short return period

Bottom Line

Samsung refrigerators are built to last and come in a variety of sizes, styles and colors. Models include smart features, adjustable settings and sleek designs.

Top Samsung Refrigerator Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

There is lots of room to store food in it. The design of 4 doors with the option of making the third door a fridge rather than freezer space is good for large families. Plenty of ...

Verified

I needed a 24 inch deep refrigerator and this was just right. I've had the refrigerator for over 5 years and it has been good. The best part is if you have a problem, you call a n...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Samsung Refrigerators

Samsung offers five core refrigerator styles:

• 4-Door Flex
  • 3-Door French Door
  • 4-Door French Door
  • Side-By-Side
  • Top Freezer

Samsung refrigerators include a range of features and are available in a variety of sizes, layouts, colors and prices. Some key features include Wi-Fi connectivity, FlexZone, ENERGY STAR certification, autofill water pitchers and ice makers.

Depending on the model and age of your Samsung refrigerator, the warranty on its motor lasts five, 10 or 11 years. The manufacturer’s warranty for all other issues is two years from the original purchase date.

Customers can buy Samsung refrigerators at major retail stores, including Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe’s and locally owned appliance stores that carry Samsung products.

Samsung Refrigerators price

Samsung refrigerators cost from $700 to more than $4,500. The average price of a Samsung refrigerator is about $2,000.

The type, size, capacity and functions affect the price of a Samsung refrigerator. Refrigerators priced between $700 to $900 have limited features, including basic functions like an ice maker, while refrigerators that cost more than $4,500 include features like frame LED lighting, remote-view cameras and compartments with separate controls for temperature and humidity.

Discounts are available for military personnel, government workers, educators and students.

Samsung Refrigerators FAQ

Is there a class action lawsuit against Samsung refrigerator?

A class-action lawsuit was filed in 2017 involving a specific ice maker issue for a Samsung French-door refrigerator model. The lawsuit is currently in mediation.

How do you troubleshoot a Samsung refrigerator?

You can troubleshoot any issue with your Samsung refrigerator through the “Remote Support” or “Live Chat” options on the company’s website. You can also search for service locations and make a service request on the website.

How long do Samsung refrigerators last?

The average life of a Samsung refrigerator is around 15 years.

Are Samsung Refrigerators good?

Samsung refrigerators are sleek and spacious and offer top technology features and ENERGY STAR certification. Models with luxury features can be pricey, but many customers think the extra cost is worth the convenience the options provide. If the refrigerator’s functions suit your needs and the price is right for your budget, we recommend choosing a Samsung refrigerator.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Refrigerator?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Samsung has really stepped up their game. Customer service is available in a variety of methods- call/text/chat. Just like most products, many are backordered so look for one in stock locally. Their new products are smart appliances and work with Bixby so you don't have to install another app if you're already a Samsung user.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I was very pleased with the delivery of my new Samsung refrigerator! The 2 men did a great job and hooked up the waterline and did a fantastic job. I had no problems at all. They were here when they said they would be and both were very nice. I would recommend them.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Dependable and works as expected. Good quality for the money. Great appliance appearance. Makes your kitchen eye appealing. My previous neighbor bought a Samsung refrigerator and ten years later it's still running as it did from day one. I am planning to replace my old Rival with a new Samsung. Would recommend to anyone looking for a good buy with lasting ability.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I bought my refrigerator at Home Depot. It is a Samsung. I have had it for about 5 years. Just recently the hose to the Ice Maker sprung a leak and filled my kitchen floor with water! I have tried unsuccessfully to fix it. I think I will have to go to Home Depot and buy a kit with all new parts and try again to fix it!

Original review: July 8, 2021

I purchase a Samsung refrigerator in 11/2020 at Best Buy. At first it seems that it did not cool much. Ice machine is slow when the ice comes out. After 3 visits from Geeks they decide I needed to contact Samsung. So today was a 2 hour look to see what problem is, person on phone with another person trying to see what the problem is. My food was getting mold, so after he was told that the cooling system is at bottom and there is a flap that should open. They got the number of part, not sure how long will it be when the part will get here. Food is expensive as it is, so why don't they just give me my money back and quit trying to figure out what the issue is. This company should build TV and stereos and leave the appliance to people that know how to build.

Original review: June 25, 2022

From the first day, I had a problem with the ice maker. I called several times and finally after 5-6 months the technician came and fix it by changing the whole group. After a few months start having the same problem, making noise, not producing ice, etc... I called again, but already was more than 12 months and they want to charge for the service. I didn't accept it and I bought another brand, but not Samsung anymore.

Original review: June 23, 2022

I have had my Samsung French door refrigerator for 5 years, 2 months. Up until now, it was great. But, the freezer stopped working & the Samsung authorized repair people came twice to fix it (needed new compressor). After 2 attempts, which totaled over 7 hours, they deemed it unrepairable. Samsung wouldn't provide any accommodation as it's (barely) over 5 years old. If you're looking to make a big investment for a fridge that lasts 5 years, good for you. But if you want something more durable, don't buy Samsung.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Samsung French Door fridge. This fridge is a lemon. It has failed 3 times, freezes everything. Samsung refuses replace the product after 4 fails even though after the last time it failed they said they would. I would never recommend a Samsung product to anyone.

Original review: June 13, 2022

We bought a fridge from Samsung to get it delivered to a new construction home. It changed the delivery date in July to May. The house won't be built by then. I tried various ways to change the delivery date or cancel it, but could not connect to any responsible customer service agent, for this job which is easy to change in the current times. Finally after multiple days, we could cancel the order through XPO Logistics (Glad to get connected to a human, at least). Now XPO would not provide me a reference number for the order cancelation.

On the other hand, since we opted for payment through Affirm, now they say that the order is complete and we should start the payment. I mean, what the heck!!! We canceled the order because of Samsung's stupid customer service, and now we are supposed to make the payment. We disputed the payment on Affirm, but now it approaches us to ask for evidence as if we are the culprit in this whole saga. Basically, Samsung can treat its customers badly and then just has no moral responsibility for the mess it creates. Getting rid of this issue has been like running myself into the wall. Except for Affirm asking us for payment, no other service has even cared to talk to us or reach out to us to understand why we can't get a delivery earlier. Because the goddamn house is still being constructed. I wish I had not gone through the Samsung - XPO - Affirm cycle of frustration.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Don't get their refrigerator even if it is free. Gave trouble in the first year. Water leaked the first year. We had an extended warranty but it was a waste of time as they have trouble showing up. When they do it is a nightmare getting a part. They use a hair dryer to defrost the panel. Our panel freezes and the food spoils. The pandemic made it worse to buy a new fridge. Stay away. The company is aware of their manufacturing defects but doesn't support their product. They should not sell products in this country if they don't want their products to last and they sell junk.

Samsung Refrigerator Company Information