1.77/5
Based on 466 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2882 Samsung Refrigerator Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have a Samsung Refrigerator, model number RS265TDRS, shortly before the warranty expired the coils started freezing with ice causing the unit not to cool. Since then, it has happened three more times. Each time, I have paid for services, repair and food replacement. Samsung customer service said there isn’t anything they can do but send another tech at my expense. Spoke to a representative who said Samsung couldn’t do anything for me since my warranty has expired. Since it is the same part that Samsung suffered a lawsuit in 2010, I strongly believe this issue has not been resolved in newer models either. My model was not part of the lawsuit. It’s time for a major recall!

Original review: June 15, 2018

Worst product we ever purchased. Still under warranty, 3 years old, ice maker went out during the holidays, one month later freezer went out. Called Samsung they asked for all our paperwork and purchase receipt. I sent it all and the response was that it was not clear enough to read. They suggested I call repair. Did not tell me it had to be a repair service that was contracted with them. Closest one is 1 1/2 hours away. I called local and while he was at our house he called Samsung Tech service and was told it was our compressor and that it was still under warranty. Serviceman did not fix as his company is not contracted with them so they would not get paid. Said he would fix it if I paid the $650.00 up front and worked with Samsung to be reimbursed.

I called Samsung they told me they would not reimburse because it was not their contracted serviceman. They contacted their serviceman and he canceled on me saying his guy had the flu, but he sent in a report stating it was not the compressor. How he knew that without coming and looking at it I'll never understand. Samsung refused to pay or help in any way. The only good thing was I called Lowe's and told them I was returning it talked with manager of store. He was amazing. Told me to go online and pick out a new fridge and they would replace it. Which they did. With a brand new FRIGIDAIRE! We will never buy Samsung appliance again!!

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I had a 7 year old Samsung refrigerator that froze up completely in the back which stops the fan and then the refrigerator does not cool. Had it repaired 3 times in a month. Problem kept happening and I pretty much didn’t have a working refrigerator for 5 weeks. Finally the repairman told me the whole cooling system had to be replaced. The cost would be at least 1200.00. I wasn’t going to put that much money into a refrigerator that was over 7 years old. I thought this was just bad luck and went out and bought another Samsung refrigerator.

2 years later the exact same thing is happening and I’m going through the same thing with the Samsung Repairman who keeps coming in to fix it and two weeks later it happens again. Now I find out doing my research that this is a common problem for Samsung refrigerators and there are two class action lawsuits against them. Because the refrigerator is less than 5 years old the main cooling system is still under warranty, but Samsung doesn’t want to admit that that’s the problem and replace it. Customer service is not helpful at all and they really don’t care how long you have to go without a refrigerator. Besides this problem the inside of these refrigerators are made like crap. All the shelves on the doors have cracks in them and all the wheels on the drawers have snapped off. I will never buy another Samsung product again, unfortunately it was a very expensive lesson to learn.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Fridge had problem within 1.5 year, tech came, fixed it, in total of 3.5 years, complaint again, out of warranty, had to pay to technician $135, he said fridge irreparable, Samsung offered $ 650 to get a new fridge. In 3.5 years we are expected to buy a new fridge, fridge should last for 15-20 years. Not happy. Not to mention buying Samsung last time... that's for sure.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I called a Samsung-authorized repair company to fix the ice maker in my 4-door refrigerator/freezer. The ice maker kept icing over and stopping. The technician was familiar with the problem because Samsung had sent out a service notice to the effect that this ice maker was defective in many of this model refrigerator. Although this is a known defect, Samsung does not support its product if the problem becomes evident after the 1-year warranty has expired. My refrigerator is 2 years old. I have to pay $450 in parts and labor to replace the part. When I called, Samsung refused to pay even for the parts because it is not their policy to do so. That's the last time I'll buy a Samsung appliance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: June 13, 2018

My Samsung refrigerator (Stainless Steel Bottom Freezer) is less than a year old and the freezer stopped working this evening (12 Jun 2018). I am thoroughly convinced, after having read similar reviews published within the last few days and weeks, that the Samsung refrigerators were either immediately defective upon being manufactured or became defective while in transit. Though the product is currently under warranty, I do not look forward to having to deal with the retailer (Home Depot) and/or the manufacturer in order to repair it. I strongly advise the reader to not purchase a Samsung refrigerator.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We purchased our Samsung RS261MDRS/XAA a Little less than 5 years ago. It has been a nightmare. The first week, we had to call the company because the refrigerator was not cooling properly. We had a "technician" come by to fix it. Perhaps it was a computer problem. The refrigerator would not cool properly, and the freezer would frost up. The very first years we had several people try to fix the freezing of the back panel problem. We have nursed it along, but less than 5 years of ownership, for the second or third time, we have had to move all of our food elsewhere to keep from losing it. The fan made a loud clatter, then nothing. Food kept getting warmer - who knows what's safe, so we had to throw it all away again! Samsung is over their head with refrigerators- cell phones, not so much. Buy at your own risk.

Original review: June 12, 2018

In good faith we purchased a Samsung refrigerator in June 2013 from Home Depot. We purchased the extended warranty - we have had use this warranty for repairs over 10 times in under 5 years. On May 5 2018 the entire cooling system failed. I lost a ton of food and had to eat out every day. The repair guy 'fixed' / 'replaced' the cooling system on May 14 2018. Just for the cooling system to fail again on June 1 2018 less than 2 weeks after the 'fix' / repair - this has left me with no freezer and no refrigerator - this unit is now deemed irreparable (it is a sitting duck not working) and I am now left with no way to keep anything cold or frozen while your process takes its sweet time. I have lost over $1000 worth of food and this is not even taking into account the food I need to buy each day for my family just to live, as I cannot keep anything cool or frozen!

I was told I need to wait 10-12 days before an RMA is issued from June 5th 2018 - how long after that will it take to get an actual unit! This means I am now 2 months without any way to keep fresh food. I am beyond frustrated. I called today your company on 6/12/2018 just to be told I will receive a refurbished one. Well isn't my new one that was repaired on May 14 2018 considered refurbished? I do not want a refurbished unit. This is so unacceptable as we are suffering not the paper pushers and the approvers.

Why does this process take so long? We are out $100 and $100 of dollars in food that we don't have the money to spend so that just means we are going into debt for this hassle. I feel I am being held hostage by your company and slowness to respond. This has been a horrible year with family deaths and now I have to deal with this situation. I have a medical dog who can only eat fresh food due to kidney failure as kibble is too drying for her. So the stress of keeping her alive without cooling is horrid.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I bought a Samsung refrigerator, just 3 years ago. The filters until just now worked. They changed the part, no notice. I only have bought Samsung replacement water filters. it is a da29-00003g. I called customer service and they first told me that my refrigerator is old. It is just about 3 years, bought from Best Buy. The operators act like we did something wrong. They accused me of using an off brand, or that I can only buy the filter from them. It's the filter that came with the unit. I kept buying the same one/type. Only Samsung. I bought several so I did not have to go out to replace every 6 months.

I ran out, to get a new one. First from Home Depot, with the box and the old filter in my hand. They gave me the Samsung replacement filter. Did not fit. I returned it. I then went online and bought the recommended filter from Best Buy. Did not fit. I called customer service, they were rude, accused me of doing something wrong. Dropped my call when I asked to speak to a supervisor. I called back and took forever to get a supervisor. They stonewalled. This cannot be the first time they have had this problem. Why not just say, yeah we know it is a problem, this is how to fix it.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My ice maker broke within 4 years. I contacted Samsung and they told me to call a repair person and that it is not their problem due to being out of warranty. My washer was broken after 2 years and could not be repaired, had to replace with a new one and spend another $1,000. My fridge was serviced within months of purchase. My decals on all my appliances fell off within one year as well. My Samsung microwave was replaced 4 times within the one year warranty. People be aware and don't waste your money.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We purchased a Samsung French Door Refrigerator/Freezer almost 3 years ago from PC Richard & Son. We have replaced the shelves which line the doors at least 6 times. They are of the absolute poorest quality and are usable for barely 6 months before breaking. Samsung has ZERO to say about this, and offers nothing to the consumer in terms of compensation. We have spent over $250 on new shelves. This is apparently quite a common problem as the shelves are back-ordered and we are now living with one empty door. Aside from this, the ice maker is on its 3rd breakdown. This is another common issue with Samsung.

There is a video on Youtube about how to try fixing it at home with 100,000 views - as my husband says, it's hard to imagine that people are watching this for entertainment. Apparently the ice builds up in the back of the fridge and is then hit by a fan, causing an incredibly loud, constant noise. We have had this repaired twice by PC Richard, the last time was just a couple of weeks ago. Samsung refuses to acknowledge that their product is defective, and offered us parts if we would pay their service department for the repair. Funny that their same defective parts have failed to fix the problem twice already. My refrigerator is now empty while my husband attempts to blow dry the back of it to get the ice to melt. Samsung is producing complete and utter garbage. They have no respect for their customers and do not stand behind their products. I will NEVER purchase another Samsung item and intend to warn anyone who wants too.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Samsung French Door refrigerator is junk. Model FR 28HFEDBSR/AA with ice and water through the door, as soon as the warranty expired, the ice maker stopped working. It would freeze up, stop making cubes. We replaced the expensive water filter every 3 months instead of 6, but melting ice/water would constantly drip from the water dispenser, creating a puddle outside the door. My husband repeatedly takes the ice maker apart, defrosts, cleans, and reinserts it. After 24 hours it makes a few small cubes, works for a week, then freezes up again. Biggest waste of a lot of money ever!!!

Original review: June 10, 2018

BUYER BEWARE!!! “Stainless steel” is a hoax!!! RUST bleeding through on doors and drawer after 1 year-- not covered in HD’s Protection Plan!!! I purchased an attractive Samsung fridge on December 29, 2016 at the Conshohocken Home Depot -- HD ref # ** 33"- Wide, 18 cu. ft. Counter Depth French Door Refrigerator. It fit perfectly for my kitchen design. Home Depot delivered months later, and I started using the fridge in May of 2017. However, after one year I noticed spots of rust bleeding through on the sides and front of the top two doors, and on the top of the drawer, as well. As recommended, I clean the fridge with mild soap and water. I called HD Customer Service. The “finish” is not covered in the HD Protection Plan. They called Samsung. Samsung won’t do anything because the one-year warranty expired. So, there’s nothing to do except grin and bear it. Well, there’s no grin on my face -- pretty outrageous!

Original review: June 10, 2018

Since the freezer is on the bottom I feel it creates water to form or ice depending on the temp at the base of the refrigerator. But the freezer is large enough, has 2 drawers, plenty of space.

Original review: June 8, 2018

This review doesn’t even deserve a star. I wish you could give 0 stars. I will never buy anything Samsung again due to my experience with this fridge. Barely 3 years old and paying over $3k for the model... The refrigerator portion froze up and no longer worked. They sent theirs Samsung repair person to fix it. Said he took care of it and a one week later... It froze up and no longer worked. It is a giant piece of garbage. Now after calling them to get help they said they don’t have a repair person to help us. We now have to pay almost $600 to repair this fridge that is less than 3 years old and the parts are coming from China and are on back order. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

Original review: June 8, 2018

First of all the vegetable draws very difficult to remove for cleaning. My 4 door unit is only 6 years old...and of course it's out of warranty. The refrigerator part is forming ice and keeping a temperature of 50, where I have it set to 37. Will not deal with Home serve. They wanted 80 to walk in the door and another 80 for travel expenses. Live in Staten Island NY and they are coming from New Jersey...are you kidding. I told them where to go. Called an outside repair, which I have used before and now it's the fan underneath the unit. And the repair is going to be expensive. DONT EVER BUY A SAMSUNG...EVER. I am just disgusted. I also have rust spots forming on the door of the freezer section and Samsung said it's not covered. Really.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Stainless Steel French Doors w/ Bottom Storage and Ice Maker - We moved into our home 2 years ago (June 2016) and we were very happy that the stainless steel appliances came with the house. Shortly after the Ice Maker stopped making ice; we also did a YouTube video on how to reset the Ice Maker. To make a long story short, after two other repairs costing over $500, and purchasing a new ice maker, the same problem with the ice maker has happened. Oh I didn't mention all the loud rumbling noises every time you used the water dispenser.

Today, June 7, 2018, after a week of "no ice", and scheduling a repairman to come out (diagnostic fee of $100 non-refundable, nor applied to cost of repairs), the repairman cancelled after finding out it was a Samsung with Ice Maker problems. He informed us of the lawsuits. We called Samsung to no avail. We have to use their contracted repairman who does not work for Samsung. Very dissatisfied at this time.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Bought a 4 French door refrigerator less than 4 yrs ago. Have had 4 service reps from my home warranty co out to try and fix the refrigerator not cooling. They finally said it must have a leak in the system and they dont want to work on it anymore and have offered 1600.00 to replace it. The fridge on sale was 2700.00!!! I called Samsung for help because it's only 4 yrs old. Should not have to be replaced. They basically said too bad!!! Will NEVER buy a Samsung product again nor should anyone else!!!

Original review: June 6, 2018

Samsung French Door Refrigerator - I would never purchase a Samsung fridge again as long as I live. I bought it in 2013 and so far... The ice maker has crapped out, the refrigerator defroster heater freezes up all the time and I have to thaw it out at least once a month and to ice the cake... The paint is peeling off the door handles. I know there is a class action lawsuit against Samsung and all the reviews say customer service is useless. I can certainly vouch for that!!! What does $1,800 get you from them? A boat anchor.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Bought Samsung refrigerator, RF18FENBSR in July 2017. Freezer door broke on one aside, called Samsung (warrantied till Aug 2017). They sent out Williston Repair Group rep who wanted to charge me $110.00. I declined, told him to leave. Called Samsung, they verified it was still covered and redid work order. After a few days, I called Williston back and was told they would not send anyone out because I had slammed door on their rep and was rude. Besides, door handles were exterior damage. Called Samsung back, was told that they would call them and straighten this out. They called me back and said that since the handle was EXTERIOR and subject to damage, it is not covered. If I could give them NO STARS, I would. Naturally, I will NEVER buy any Samsung product again, as I feel they cannot be trusted to stand behind their products. You have to be crazy to buy ANYTHING Samsung.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I purchased direct cool Samsung refrigerator model RR2115 TABRK/TL in May 2012. In six year of span two time I have got it repair for poor cooling and not freezing the ice. So it is non reliable product to recommend.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I am having too many issues with the Samsung Model RS261MDRS-XAA side by side which was built in July 2013. In 2015, it started freezing things such as milk, fruits etc. So end up putting new damper and main board through Samsung repair center website recommendation. It did cost quite a bit that time. Now water dispenser gets stuck when ever I use it and water keeps coming. I called Sears service this time and was told to change the main board. I don't think I am ready to spend more money on this faulty piece. Probably will not buy another Samsung product.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I had purchased a Samsung French Door fridge 5 years ago as it was the only model at the time that would fit in my small kitchen (17 cu ft model). As many reported, from the start, the ice maker freezes ice cubes together in the bin and cleanups are frequent. Secondly, the finish on the door handles (mine are white) just flakes off. I was told they would be over $80 to replace each one. I could live with those issues, however, my fridge developed the same water issue others noted. It collects under the crispers, freezes and makes a mess. I noted "online" this is a common issue and there are "YouTube" videos on how to repair yourself. Why must I do that??? Samsung knows of the major DEFECT in their products and one would think a recall would have been issued but basically "tough luck".

To others reading this, a cheap temporary fix for the water issue: Head to a local Dollar Store and purchase plenty of those "drying cloths" for cars in their auto section (they resemble camos). I placed one under each crisper and they absorb the water which freezes in them (and keeps out of your crispers). After a few days just remove, run under hot water, ring out and replace. Prepare to do that often until you fix this excuse of an appliance or replace it. I am going to junk this thing soon and replace with a Kenmore.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Have a french door refrigerator. Had problems with the ice maker after first 30 days. Ice maker leaks and freezes up. Have had this worked on twice and numerous calls to Samsung with NO help from them. Everyone needs to know there is a class action lawsuit regarding this issue. Contacted Best Buy for service and the guy told me they would come fix it but would only be a 50/50 chance the ice maker would be fixed for good because of continuous problems with this ice maker and it could cost up to $500. Samsung has a problem with this and they should take responsibility to make good on their products. Will not buy another Samsung product.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I bought a French door refrigerator with the cooling shelves 11 months ago and it stop working. The compressor went out and after trying 10 days for Samsung to service it I give up and exchange it for a different brand. Would never buy that brand again.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I can just sit down and write a novel about my disposable fridge that would make a priest want to renounce his vows, oh my! And that's not all! So while I have your attention, let me begin with the juiciness of this sought over novel, soon to be released; not appropriate for the weak-minded, lame, sex offenders, and others whom are abusive.

My story begins on the purchase date of December 3, 2010, not to be delivered until December 21, 2010 on Model: RF217ACRSXAA; Brand: Samsung 20 cubit ft B/M french doors; cost $1,299.00, growling! OK, it's going on 8-years old, so what? Don't you want for your refrigerator to last more than just 8 years, I do? After all, $1,299 isn't anything to laugh about on the high cost of paying for any appliance that should serve their customers well in the long-run; hello, this one doesn't cut the cake, in fact, it lacked in all areas.

Listen up now in hearing the truth and the reality of this poorly constructed, over-priced, defective, piece of disposable stainless steel has-been appliance of junk. Not pretty so far, and it's not going to get any prettier, trust me. To save time, I'm just going to list the issues in laying them straight out for your digestion, and I hope they don't deliver unto any of you any form of nausea, flu-like symptoms, diarrhea, or self-inflicted wounds; even thou tempted. This appliance was doomed when formed in the craters of the stainless steel womb in appliance making; in layman's terms it was defective and unacceptable and much made aware of, however, Samsung continued to disregard any discrepancies of their workmanship and so they continued on.

This so-called wannabe fridge didn't pan out at all in its performance and the companies bragging and boasting of such a wonderful product; check out the other sources of reviews regarding their refrigerators and you'll see the tremendous faults and Samsung's own claims that it was your fault based upon "reasonable wear and tear," other words, your daily usage of their product. BULL! Cheap and stupid comment! Everything we have is considered being used on a daily basis as wear and tear.

So it comes down to: a faulty and a unacceptable product with the first thing happening were dents appearing upon the surface front of the stainless steel in various areas where nothing was knocked or hit upon the refrigerator, and this still remains a mystery to this day; and suddenly one day out of the blue when upon opening and gagging, a vile odor of non-delight smacked me right in the face of something raw and diseased in leaving a stench of a decomposed corpse somewhere hiding in my fridge, it was so intrusive and vile that I had to end up removing everything in my fridge to remove the odor of death with vinegar, baking powder, peroxide and rubbing alcohol, which finally helped in this hideous stench, plus it harbored its odor upon my cheese and butter, which I had to dispose of, costing me money in waste, and then having to replace those items which cost me more.

This lovely saga lasted over 1-year in the making and it wasn't pretty, as I had to do this every 3-months. When I contacted this lovely and caring company, I was told to "wash down my fridge." Hahaha! Now that's funny! I reported to this expertise person filled with much knowledge and wisdom, that this was exactly what I had done. Then her reply was, "it takes time and it'll go away." Another bout of uncontrollable laughter in asking her, "what if it doesn't go away, then what?" Only to be told again by this person of much esteem, "then call us back." OK, as if my calling is going to be opening their deaf ears, NOT!

Now moving on to my wonderful and functional ice maker, which when my fridge was installed, the ice maker wasn't even hooked up due to our older home not having any water hookup for a refrigerator that had an ice maker. So the installer, turned that option off as we didn't use it. So in the 7 years in which we've had our disaster of a fridge with all of its sought after imperfections, we're still experiencing problems with the ice maker. This problem has now been addressed 3 times, with a repairman coming out doing his magical diagnostic check to say it was our ice maker programmed in indicating that there is a problem. What kind of a problem you asked, well, it's programmed of course with all of its electronic components saying that there is an ice issue and leaking. NOT!

So this lovely costly $100 gadget of necessity had to be replaced, why, well it's because of the way Samsung designs their appliances causing for them to react in indicating something that isn't. But in order for my fridge to work, I had to pay for it as it was out of warranty. How lovely and kind is Samsung to do that in their designing and corruptible computer technology to showcase this error of "DECEIT." So it was done and I had thought over, but once again, the fun and love of this fridge is expressing itself all over again, and less than one year after it was supposedly been fixed and not to do it again. Yeah, right!

So this time Mr. Mechanic, Man of Genius (another repairman) comes out and swiftly removes the ice maker saying that it wasn't needed and therefore I didn't need for it to be there. No charge this time, saying it was a courtesy call. And after 3 months, surprised! I know, your hearts must be breaking by now. So once again a call was made and several people spoken with, all whom didn't know what was said nor documented from the others, so I had to repeat everything over and over; my patience was low and running thin by now.

So finally a service call was made by a company who would call me to confirm within the week regarding an ice maker that was removed and yet there was still a problem. The company called, the serviceman and I talked, only to find out that what Samsung had told him was nothing that I had said that I needed help on. They told him that I had a water leak, when I had an ice maker that was removed and the code were showing that I had a water leak coming from my ice maker that was previously removed.

The serviceman suggested I call them back to report this, as there was no reason for him to come out for something that doesn't exist. The call was made, I had talked to 4 people and was told someone would be contacting me (this was in May of this year 2018). And yet at this time no one has contacted me on scheduling anyone to assist me, and my fridge is still the same as it was before where you have no option in controlling your refrigerator's temperature, and it's not as cold as it should be where numerous items of food had to be removed and thrown away. So now what?

Let this vicious, but yet lovely and caring company who jumps hoops and swims the ocean, climbs the highest mountains and deals with volcanoes just to make sure that their appliances will be serviced well and proper, leaving you with a sense of relief and comfort, and cold foods. Wow! Guess I'm in good hands after all; and here I thought Jack the Ripper was bad.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We purchased the French Door/Freezer on Bottom from Best Buy. 2 ice makers! Model Number RF28MFEDTSR/ AA. It has the ice maker in frig. area and one in bottom of freezer. 5th day of owning it... filter light came on -- upper ice maker jams every other day -- crushed ice portion has never worked -- it's not crushed -ever. And it takes over 2 mins for 4 oz... (yeah you're standing forever for sml amount). Long drawer/fresh veggies or whatever... becomes frozen constantly -- we are weekly taking everything out to get all the water and ice out!

Funny thing is we did a consumer report before buying a Frig. This model was new on market and very expensive. It's a piece of junk. Samsung should recall all of these -- it's obvious there are hundreds with same problem... Oh yeah -- we also bought washer (front loader) dryer both with all the bells and whistles -- from Best Buy -- (Dryer only goes 40 mins in 1 setting) - its takes almost 2 hrs to dry 10 towels -- (Electric) -- after 3 months... washer doesn't hold as much as it's supposed to! Again paid a fortune for all 3... new on market! Honestly wished we had our old Kenmore products back. You couldn't pay me to buy a Samsung product ever again.

Original review: June 3, 2018

We bought a french door Samsung Refrigerator, 3 years ago and it has proven to be a poor product. There has been ice build up in the Ice Cube maker to the point where we do not use it. That caused a lot of noise from the fan. There has also been ice build up in the back of the fridge. We defrosted the fridge and when it was plugged in the fridge unit will not go lower than 55C. Samsung have washed their hands of the product and for the 3rd time... We are forced to call in a repairman. In reading the various posts about this issue I do not understand how come they do not know what it is... (Planned obsolescence???). We are very disappointed in the product and will NOT buy a Samsung fridge again.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Ice maker is extremely loud, visitor thought someone broke window. Also, breaks ice into pieces. Will not make cubes. Factory changed 2x's.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I purchased a Samsung 24.73 ft 4 door French door refrigerator Model #RF25HMEDBSR in August of 2017. Not sure how long I had it when the ice maker started freezing up and had to be defrosted with a BAIRD dryer. Called for repair the first time in February of 2018. They replaced the entire ice maker, however it started freezing up again. Repair sent out again on May 14, 2018. The technician tells me the entire refrigerator need to be replaced and someone will call me within 24-48 hours. No call, I call Samsung and I am told, "WE DON'T CALL you," I am told to submit receipts and someone will contact me. I submit my receipts and receive a phone call on the 22 of May to send a better picture of the receipt.

May 23rd I received an email stating the exchange has been approved and someone from the Lowe's where I purchased it should give me a call within 5 business days. 5 days later no call. May 31st. I call Samsung, they tell me the exchange is finished on their end and I need to contact the local Lowe's. Call Lowe's, they have not received the RMA (return merchandise authorization). I provide the number and they contact Samsung to request it be sent again. June 1st - Lowe's calls, RMA received. They are required to come and pick up the refrigerator, refund it then they can order the new one... I call Samsung, and explain how I am not ok with this, The bottom line is, they don’t care.

The angel in this scenario is Jessica (and Dianne) assistant manager at Lowe's in Santa Clarita California. She is willing to order the replacement without having the old unit back. Because it's a special order will take 10 days to get to the store. That puts me at the 14th of June, almost exactly 1 month from the date of my 2nd repair and the day I get on a plane to go to Europe for 2 weeks. Here’s the Bottom line, Samsung did nothing to make this an easy process and they don’t care. I just stumbled on this site and can see this is a known issue and they have done nothing to fix the problem. During manufacturing or after the units were purchased.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a Korean appliance company known for creating a wide range of electronics and home appliances. The company, based in Seoul, Korea, was founded in 1938.

• Technology: Samsung offers wi-fi connected refrigerators, letting users keep track of fridge contents and settings remotely.

• Color options: The company sells refrigerators in a selection of colors, including stainless steel, platinum, white, black and more. These options let customers choose a refrigerator color that matches their kitchen.

• Additional features: Samsung's refrigerators come with many additional features, like water filters, a showcase door and more.

• Warranties: Customers have the option of purchasing extended warranties to cover damage or necessary repairs over the life of the item.

• Sleek design: Samsung has a reputation for sleek, contemporary refrigerators that offer a modern, clean aesthetic.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for high-quality, high-tech refrigeration devices, and college students in need of small, affordable mini-refrigerators.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs