Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
Samsung Refrigerator
3.67/5
Based on 2,042 ratings submitted in the last year

Samsung Refrigerator

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

3307 Samsung Refrigerator Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 8, 2019

We bought this refrigerator when remodeling 9 years ago. It had everything I wanted, including 2 ice makers, long drawers for various trays, and very adjustable shelves, and a large freezer area with several compartments. I have not had to have it serviced in that time. The door water dispenser seems to have a lower volume, but we do have mineral buildup, so it might be that. It hasn't bothered us enough to call a repairperson. The ice maker is a bit noisy when it is dropping into the bin. It is a great refrigerator and I highly recommend it.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Overall, I love my 5-door. Only problem is the icemaker. Ice cubes have a tendency to get stuck and stop producing ice. Had it replaced twice in 2 years. Samsung replaced the icemaker quickly and at no cost to me. The water filter is the best, so we stopped using bottled water in our coffee maker and other small appliances. Adequate interior space.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2019

This is basically the French door entry level type. I love it. I had one door closing properly problem, and a fantastic mechanic was sent under my warranty. It’s beautiful and holds plenty. The freezer needs to be “jerked out” every so often to get it to a complete opening. The repairman showed me. Good fridge and good Samsung customer service.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I like my my Samsung 4 door. I did compare many size and one of the important thing was the ice maker. Most ice maker goes into the door now and don't hold a lot of ice. Damn, it is main thing for many, Ice. This one has a long tray and it does make 4 trays of ice. Had a Kenmore before side by side. Doors don't open wide enough. This one does. The freezer is very big and like the setting that I can set for -8 degrees. Important if you go fishing for Tuna. At 32 degrees you have to eat up Tuna within 3 months. Zero degrees and below, can hold tuna up to a year. Properly seal up.

Original review: March 13, 2019

The Stainless Steel is beautiful however it is virtually impossible to keep fingerprint clean with a family. I'd like to try the new feature that doesn't show marks. The interior is a bit small and the ice maker can hardly keep up with our usage. It looks great when it's clean on the outside.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: June 22, 2019

This French double door bottom freezer is 4 years old. Temp kept rising, food was going bad. I called Samsung they diagnosed it as needing a new fan. Repair man came, said it's the motor fan and needs sensors. At a cost of 598.00. 4 years old! What the heck. I choose not to repair, and bought a new Whirlpool fridge for 800.00. I will never recommend a Samsung appliance, never. P.S. class action law suit on Samsung ice makers. Look it up. DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG ANYTHING!

Original review: June 22, 2019

We purchased our very expensive Samsung fridge, French doors, freezer on the bottom. March of 2017. After 6 months we had issues with the drawers and shelves cracking and breaking. Not only are the parts cheaply made but almost a $1000 in warranty calls with Lowe's has been spent on trying to fix the ice maker. It is a vicious cycle. The entire thing freezes over, we have to defrost it then wait for the entire unit to reset. When we DO have ice, the ice doesn't Staub cold, water leaks all over the inside and outside of the fridge and into the floor. We are so sick of this issue. We have only had the unit for 2 years and we're STUCK with it!

Original review: June 20, 2019

2500.00 wasted. Samsung would not repair/replace our 3 year old refrigerator that had compressor failure due to what they call physical damage. Micro holes in the copper lines to the compressor caused the compressor to fail. Samsung claims the sulfur in the air of our house caused the failure. The warranty is 5 years parts and labor, 10 years parts. They charged us 100.00 to diagnose the problem. We talked them down from 200.00 because we already had a repair man confirm the compressor failed. He stated that the copper lines are really thin and cheap. Samsung had to have their own people check it.

We do have well water but it is treated and we never hooked up the water to the refrigerator. Samsung's recommendation to us was to coat the lines with a good paint to protect them. We did not have any issues with the Whirlpool refrigerator we had prior to this Samsung. Has anyone else had a similar problem? We think the warranty should have mentioned an exclusion for sulfur in the air and we think they should honor the warranty. We will not purchase Samsung products ever again, poor customer service.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I purchased over $12,000 in appliances when we bought our house in 2016. We purchased the extended warranty. I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS TO DO! Had we not purchased the extended warranty, they would have told us oh well, deal with it. They already did, until I confirmed that we DO have an extended warranty. We purchased the 4 Flex SAMSUNG Refrigerator. The ice maker never really worked properly, but after 3 years it just stopped working. We called Lowe’s (where we bought it from), we called Samsung, then we have call Lowe’s extended warranty customer service. They sent someone out to come take a look and they said that they need to replace the ice maker... So weeks later someone local came (C & E ) in CT and replaced it. He told me the ice should start in 24 hours.

So the next day, I went to test it (27 hours later) and not only is the ice maker still not working, but THE ENTIRE REFRIGERATOR STOPPED WORKING!!! I called them but they were closed. I called Monday morning and she said she will get back to me. Never did! I kept calling and finally they tell me that the Tech said that the water line (or something like that) is not working properly and that the entire Refrigerator had to be replaced... After many phone calls, LOWE’S tells me that they will give me store credit or, send me my money back. Here we are the next day and they're telling me that SAMSUNG has to review it and that they need the SN, which they already have! I am simply getting the runaround. I cannot believe that after spending $4K on this Refrigerator and whatever it was for the extended warranty, they are giving me such a hassle. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE SAMSUNG AGAIN!!!!

Original review: June 20, 2019

After two years of only minimal use (by a single woman) the problems started. The defrost heater isn't working. The ice maker freezes up. Water is constantly leaking under crisper drawers and then into floor. The parts needed to do repairs are no longer available. This is ridiculous from a new appliance. There is NO customer service and no one wants to work on Samsung products. I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT!!!!

Original review: June 19, 2019

We have a full set of Samsung black stainless kitchen appliances. We bought them two years ago. We have had the dishwasher face and bottom doors on fridge and stove replaced twice under warranty for peeling. Stove peeling again. Now we are told it’s cosmetic and not covered. If we had known it was just a film over stainless we would not have purchased. We are $4500 in appliances that look like crap. Samsung will NEVER get another dime from us.

Original review: June 19, 2019

We have had our French door, bottom freezer refrigerator for about 4 years. The ice maker has never worked more than a few weeks at a time (I have to use a blow dryer to melt the ice build up to get it working again). Finally called Samsung for service. Repairman said Samsung should cover the cost because it is so widespread (class action lawsuit pending). I called to ask, Customer service agent said he had no record of there being being problems with their ice makers. We will NOT buy any Samsung product again. Less about the cost, which isn't small, but company's lack of concern or integrity.

Original review: June 18, 2019

We purchased a Samsung refrigerator model RF28HFEDTSR/AA - what a mistake! Like other consumers, we have had terrible problems with it - problems that are typical and that Samsung does not stand behind. This particular model has an ice maker in the freezer (bottom drawer) and an ice maker in the top (refrigerator door location) where the ice and water are dispensed. The top ice maker freezes up and has to be thawed out constantly and water drips out of the dispenser, itself. This is a common problem and a class action lawsuit has been filed - as Samsung has refused to take responsibility and address the well-known issues!

In addition, the plastic shelves crack - for no reason - obviously a defect in the type of plastic that is used in manufacturing the shelves. This is another problem that has been frequently noted by consumers - yet, Samsung refuses to take responsibility. I have many Samsung products in my house - cell phones, televisions, sound bars, etc. I am very disappointed in this refrigerator, and especially in the lack of customer service by Samsung. I will think long and hard before I purchase any other Samsung products.

When we first began having the freezing problem, I read on the internet how many others were having the same issue. I contacted Samsung and got nowhere at all. After being tired of constantly having to take a hair dryer and chip away the ice - I called a service to fix it - and they said there really was no fix. I had someone look at it today - and all they could do was what I had been doing - and charged me $80. They did find out that Samsung had managed to develop a "fix" for the problem and it would cost me between 400 and 600 dollars to do it. The service man and I both agreed that I might as well purchase a new refrigerator. This one is only 3 years old! It began having issues - of course - after the warranty period had ended. Please tell everyone not to buy Samsung appliances!

Original review: June 17, 2019

RF series fridge freezes up, leaks water on to floor causing damage to flooring. Ice maker also freezes up. Must defrost fridge for an entire day every month or so. Samsung will not share the root cause of this failure. The solution offered by Samsung is to defrost it for 24 hours. Our $1000.00 dishwasher was placed curbside after 1.5 years. Microwave oven also failed after 3.5 years. Don't purchase Samsung appliances unless you are willing to replace the appliances every 2 years.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Icemaker not working again. Every three weeks I have to manually defrost icemaker with hairdryer. My first call under warranty they came out replace the icemaker. Did good for eight weeks and started all over again and I am being told even under warranty they do the repair the first time free. After that there’s a charge. Please never buy another refrigerator from Samsung.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Ice maker continues to malfunction. It groans, spits out slush and doesn’t make ice cubes. Home warranty won’t service it because of ongoing class action suit. Trapped with no options. Samsung gives us the runaround.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I purchased and a 2 door stainless steel refrigerator assembly and in 3 to 5 months we had to replace the ice maker - since then we are on our 4th ice maker. I have had many contacts with Samsung corp, and customer service and now that the unit is out of warranty they now tell me that the repairs will be at my cost - I simply requested a replacement unit for the one that I have. With saying that I have to add that I also have the microwave, oven, smart tv and dishwasher.

I have been on the phones with Samsung tech support for hours going over what we are experiencing with their product - they just keep saying now that the unit is out of warranty and that I didn't purchase an extended warranty my request for a replacement unit is and I quote "not an option". My question to them is that this problem was existing during the warranty period and 2 ice makers have been replaced during that time. I would think they would have taken that into consideration for it is obvious this problem was pre-existing prior to purchase. I guess their business is stronger than the consumers of their products. They stated to me the only thing they will offer is a "one time" free repair to the unit and that was the best they could do. I then asked if we have the repair done and 3-5 months again down the road this happens again then what? They said they could say at this time.

In other words you just ** out of luck and $1500.00. I wasn't asking for restitution on any type. I just asked for a replacement unit and that was no longer an option because the unit was out of warranty. In closing, I must say I can no longer support the Samsung product. And in closing a message to the Samsung corporation - the definition of great company service is not defined when things are going right. It is defined when things are going wrong!!!!

Original review: June 11, 2019

Samsung RF267 series- Never another Samsung. I purchased a Samsung dishwasher and Refrigerator at the same time 6 years ago. The dishwasher quit after about 1 1/2 years and the refrigerator has had issues from the beginning. Freezer not draining properly causing water build up under "crisper drawers" and leaking onto the floor. This is a known problem on Samsungs but Samsung has done nothing to address the issue. Then about a year ago ice maker would freeze up and not work until it was defrosted. Now the water build up is continuing and the ice maker has stopped working completely. This refrigerator is not recommended.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I purchased this refrigerator a year ago and has been problem after problem. I mean from water leaking, handle broke and constantly freezing. A repairman has been out twice because it was still under 1 year warranty. This refrigerator was almost 3k and it’s truly trash. They had to replace the panel that shows ice and water and it still freezes.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I gave this product a 1 star rating because you don’t have the option of rating it any lower. My wife and I bought a Samsung French door refrigerator with freezer on bottom, and started having problems with it after only two months of owning it. It started filling up with water under the deli drawer, it would then freeze up into a block of ice making it difficult if not impossible to open the drawer and then start to spill water all over the floor. When we called Samsung we were basically told to call a repair person, and pay to have it looked at after we just paid $1700.00 for it and we had it less than 4 months. So much for standing behind their products. If you buy a Samsung product after reading this, and many other reviews just like this one you must have more money than brains. Samsung IS NOT the reputable company they want you to believe they are.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I bought my fridge about two years ago from Lowe's, and, no, I did not get the extended warranty (however, I now understand that is VERY important in order to get service on problems). The last conversation I had with Samsung was that they do NOT have a repairman in the Charleston, SC area!!! In the beginning when the ice maker froze, I contacted Samsung and learned how to reset it over the phone. Being retired, I was very impressed that I could do that rather than having to have a service person come out. After repeated calls to Samsung, on the same issue, they sent a repairman to fix the problem. However, I had to ask why I was having to pay anything since this is a well-known problem with Samsung AND that I am aware of the class action suit against Samsung.

Since I am having to reset/defrost every 2 months, I am looking for a different brand. I love the fridge but it is too labor intensive to fix the problem that often. BTW, the repairman told me Samsung does a stop-gap fix and if that doesn't work, they may replace the ice maker. But Samsung says the repair is on me. However, Samsung is digging its heels in and leaves the customer hanging. Guess they have enough customers. But do they have repeat customers. Do they not understand the absolute value of repeat business???? The class action law suit is supposedly going to mediation in June, and hopefully, a resolution will be forthcoming.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Owned Samsung fridge 2 1/2 yrs., water leaked into both produce drawers for some time. After much research, it appeared this is common and not worth the repair attempt so I've lived with it. Freezer appeared to thaw and refreeze slightly since purchase, does not open adequately, and now has defrosted completely. All food is a loss, doubt I will be able to find anyone who will even agree to work on it. Junk, junk, junk. Period. I would give a negative rating if possible.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I refuse to give Samsung any further business due to their lack of customer service and support. I purchased a refrigerator from Lowe's and the water dispenser produces foul odor and taste, rendered undrinkable. I've had 4 service calls to fix problem and each technician visit had a different story as to why it occurs. However it reoccurs in less than a year. This makes no sense at all since our house is on a full-house water softener and filtration system. Now Samsung will not admit or take ownership of the fact their this model is faulty. Support will only issue another service visit at my cost for parts and labor which does not resolve any issues. Samsung French Door Refrigerator Stainless Steel Energy Star model RFG238AARS.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Since I bought this refrigerator the ice-maker jams and stop making ice. I have to manually pull the ice tray and wait for the ice to melt, put the ice tray back and hope that it will work. This happens every to 3 weeks. While it was under guarantee they will fix it. Currently I have no guarantee and it will be too expensive to have it repair by some else.

Original review: June 5, 2019

We have had nothing but trouble since we bought a Samsung refrigerator. French doors with refrig drawer and bottom freezer. Ice dispenser in door leaks water continuously, ice maker shaves ice no matter what setting you choose (cubed or crushed), freezer drawer does not open all the way without jerking hard on it. We had repairman come several times while it was under warranty and they never got anything fixed? They said that’s just the way they are. Really? Back of refrigerator, behind panel, freezes up all the time and I have to defrost every few months. Drawer that holds the ice freezes shut and can’t open it. This refrigerator sucks. I would NEVER buy another Samsung product ever, EVER again and certainly would not recommend you do either!!!!

Original review: June 5, 2019

I purchased a Refrigerator for over $3000.00, the entire CHEF collection for over $7000.00 thinking I was buying high quality appliances. Instead I get an Ice Maker that won't work and was told by the repairman it was due to the higher water pressure in the US. I have to keep defrosting it with my hairdryer. It is already cracked. The microwave won't respond to my finger on the controls unless I hold it flat not my fingertip. Part of the name has come off the dishwasher. In my opinion and experience if you want good appliances DON'T BUY SAMSUNG. They are very poor quality and all you will get is excuses. Mine were less than a year old when they started breaking.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I have a $3000.00 5 yr old fridge. Every month, it starts getting extremely loud & we have to unplug it overnight to defrost then plug it back in again. When we called for support, they were no help so we live with the fact that we have to do this monthly to a really expensive refrigerator that's not that old. A few days ago, I was washing the largest shelf (plastic casing & tempered glass shelf) & when I rested the shelf on the counter to dry it, the glass just exploded into countless small shards of glass. I was in bare feet & cut myself trying to get out of the kitchen to get the broom. I called for the glass shelf & after getting told to call the parts dept. I was told that the glass shelf was never available on it's own, the whole shelf was $155 part and discontinued so I was referred back to the original number to find out if there is a comparable part from a more current fridge that will work.

I was routed to the U.S by the automated bot (I am in Canada) & after a 16min. phone call, I was told to call the same number again & "make sure" I was routed within Canada this time (how I was to do that, I have no idea). I called again & this time had to wait 30min. for a callback only to find out that they can't do anything except of course sell me another $3000 fridge if I wanted. I am now going to try & get someone to cut me a piece of glass to fit the shelf on my own.... Stay as far away from Samsung as possible-they need to stick to TV's-DO NOT buy an appliance from them, you will regret it!

Original review: May 31, 2019

Love the design with 4 doors and that is the reason we bought this. A friend has the same one and we BOTH had the ice maker and other things go wrong within months of purchasing. It has been years of trying to get them to do right by us. Waiting hours on hold and waiting hours for repair people, only to have it stop working within a month. Customer service has blatantly lied to me on the phone multiple times that they are sending someone for free to repair. Then the repair company says I will be charged. Called independent appliance repair people. NO ONE WILL WORK ON SAMSUNG PRODUCTS! All say they are terrible.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Bought side by side with bottom as freezer. I bought the fridge in 2016 Aug and 2019 May the freezer has gone out. I heard how great Samsung is but I was lucky and bought the extended warranty. Now I have to wait 10 days to get the part. From now on I will buy less expensive brands with warranty. My fridge was a simple no water or ice front door. Ice was in the freezer.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Water constantly leaks and pools under vegetable drawers. We must chip ice away every few days so that food doesn't freeze. This fridge has the ice maker and water/ice dispenser on door. We turned off the ice maker and disconnected the water thinking it would stop the water leaking but it did not. Ice maker worked great but the water leak is ridiculous. We will never purchase another Samsung refrigerator again.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a Korean appliance company known for creating a wide range of electronics and home appliances. The company, based in Seoul, Korea, was founded in 1938.

• Technology: Samsung offers wi-fi connected refrigerators, letting users keep track of fridge contents and settings remotely.

• Color options: The company sells refrigerators in a selection of colors, including stainless steel, platinum, white, black and more. These options let customers choose a refrigerator color that matches their kitchen.

• Additional features: Samsung's refrigerators come with many additional features, like water filters, a showcase door and more.

• Warranties: Customers have the option of purchasing extended warranties to cover damage or necessary repairs over the life of the item.

• Sleek design: Samsung has a reputation for sleek, contemporary refrigerators that offer a modern, clean aesthetic.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for high-quality, high-tech refrigeration devices, and college students in need of small, affordable mini-refrigerators.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs