2. Homeowners
  3. Refrigerators

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes smart vacuums, laundry appliances and kitchen appliances, including refrigerators. The company produces several models of refrigerators and includes a warranty. Samsung products are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

BOTTOM LINE

Samsung refrigerators are built to last and come in a variety of sizes, styles and colors. Models include smart features, adjustable settings and sleek designs.

PROS

• Energy-efficient
  • Multiple designs
  • Top technology
  • Temperature control

CONS

• Can be pricey
  • Short return period

Top Samsung Refrigerator Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Refrigerator?

There is lots of room to store food in it. The design of 4 doors with the option of making the third door a fridge rather than freezer space is good for large families. Plenty of shelf space in doors for sauce, jam bottles as well a cheese storage. And a nice container for eggs.

I needed a 24 inch deep refrigerator and this was just right. I've had the refrigerator for over 5 years and it has been good. The best part is if you have a problem, you call a number and a technician tells you what to do. I would recommend Samsung to all my friends.

Samsung Refrigerator Shop Now

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Samsung Refrigerators

Samsung offers five core refrigerator styles:

• 4-Door Flex
  • 3-Door French Door
  • 4-Door French Door
  • Side-By-Side
  • Top Freezer

Samsung refrigerators include a range of features and are available in a variety of sizes, layouts, colors and prices. Some key features include Wi-Fi connectivity, FlexZone, ENERGY STAR certification, autofill water pitchers and ice makers.

Depending on the model and age of your Samsung refrigerator, the warranty on its motor lasts five, 10 or 11 years. The manufacturer’s warranty for all other issues is two years from the original purchase date.

Customers can buy Samsung refrigerators at major retail stores, including Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe’s and locally owned appliance stores that carry Samsung products.

Samsung Refrigerators price

Samsung refrigerators cost from $700 to more than $4,500. The average price of a Samsung refrigerator is about $2,000.

The type, size, capacity and functions affect the price of a Samsung refrigerator. Refrigerators priced between $700 to $900 have limited features, including basic functions like an ice maker, while refrigerators that cost more than $4,500 include features like frame LED lighting, remote-view cameras and compartments with separate controls for temperature and humidity.

Discounts are available for military personnel, government workers, educators and students.

Samsung Refrigerators FAQ

Is there a class action lawsuit against Samsung refrigerator?
A class-action lawsuit was filed in 2017 involving a specific ice maker issue for a Samsung French-door refrigerator model. The lawsuit is currently in mediation.
How do you troubleshoot a Samsung refrigerator?
You can troubleshoot any issue with your Samsung refrigerator through the “Remote Support” or “Live Chat” options on the company’s website. You can also search for service locations and make a service request on the website.
How long do Samsung refrigerators last?
The average life of a Samsung refrigerator is around 15 years.

Are Samsung Refrigerators good?

Samsung refrigerators are sleek and spacious and offer top technology features and ENERGY STAR certification. Models with luxury features can be pricey, but many customers think the extra cost is worth the convenience the options provide. If the refrigerator’s functions suit your needs and the price is right for your budget, we recommend choosing a Samsung refrigerator.

Samsung Refrigerator Reviews

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

I have had this Samsung refrigerator (model RF266AERS) for at least 10 years. It has a one touch pure water dispenser (I chose the inside dispenser) and it’s easy to change the water filter which doesn’t take up much space in the back of the fridge. It also lets you know when to change the filter. The bins are removable and the shelves are adjustable. The freezer bin holds a ton of food and I chose to have the ice machine inside the freezer which makes ice on a regular basis. It is easy to clean both inside and out. Its design is a very pretty. I have never had to get it repaired, so I never had to use the warranty. It runs very quiet. All in all, I would give it a 10!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

My Samsung is probably 15 years old by now. It has been one of my best investments. I think I have had one repair in all that time that may have been $150 which at the time I thought was outrageous. But looking back now was cheap considering the longevity of my refrigerator. It looks great, it is still in style and is easily maintained. It is silver which is very much still in vogue and everything works! I have always taken good care of my appliances so they will last a long time. Now that I have bragged on it, well we'll see.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Samsung top freezer RT21M62135R, nominally 21 cubic feet, is fairly capacious. Unfortunately the lighting in the refrigerator section is front mounted and everything in the rear disappears into the shadows - keep a flashlight handy. The freezer also has a light, something my prior refrigerator did not have. I really like the slide and reach shelf for deli type items - very convenient. The door storage is a bit inflexible. I ordered the model without an ice maker, they shipped it to me anyway despite my attempt to stop it, which they ignored (customer service in the US is impossible to contact - they switched me to Indonesia (sic)! (Consider that I bought this model for energy efficiency, then they ship something I do not want - pure waste.) Even though they took the door off, the delivery service still managed to put eight dents in the door - too easy to dent.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I’ve had my fridge for about 8 years and so far have not had any major problems with the fridge. The only thing that had to be repaired was the ice maker that kept getting jammed. The fridge is a 4 door bottom freezer. It is a large capacity fridge. I have two teenage boys that eat a lot so the fridge is large enough to hold a lot of food and large freezer. I really like the large capacity since that is what I was initially looking for.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

We were so excited to have a beautiful fridge with room for everything. Well we got it home and experienced the ice maker not working well. Long story short, we've had a repair company out $500.00 to try and stop air leaks because the coils would freeze over. It still isn't fixed and over $200.00 for an ice maker, that too freezes solid and Samsung does not honor repairs. So no, I would not recommend it to anyone. It looks pretty but it is costly and no one knows how to repair it properly. Not even Samsung.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Product manufactured 12/2019. Purchased 6/2020... Freezer door seal is inadequate and food thaws and refreezes. Ice melts then freezes into a lump of ice. Technician says he sees this problem all the time with this Samsung model. Won’t replace the seal, won’t do anything to correct; technician says it’s a default and we are just stuck with an unacceptable refrigerator... Samsung now refuses to offer a fix. Will never purchase a Samsung product and will tell this experience over & over!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

We have had ongoing issues with this fridge since it was 13 months old. We are on the third icemaker and have had the latest "motherboard fix" installed on 6-12-20. We deal with a drippy ice and water dispenser, water under the crispers, and very inconsistent fridge and freezer temps. The fridge display will say 37° when the temp is actually anywhere between 38-58°. We have lost over $200 in food. I have personally endured an 8 hour online support chat, numerous phone calls, and emails to seek full compensation for this defective appliance so I may purchase a safe fridge. After posting an honest review on the Lowe's website I was contacted by Samsung support and on 9-10-20 and Samsung emailed me paperwork offering me a refund of $2448.29 for my defective unsafe refrigerator.

This refrigerator has been unsuccessfully repaired three times. We are using a mini fridge in our kitchen because the Samsung's inconsistent temps are not food safe. I completed the online refund paperwork & returned it electronically and mailed the actual paperwork via certified mail on 9-17. They contacted me 9-18 by text and have switched my refund amount to only $1530.18. This is not a warranty issue, this is a known design defective (since 2006) that Samsung continues to sell to unsuspecting customers. They appear to use unethical and fraudulent bait and switch tactics with customers.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

I bought this refrigerator because of the high tech features. For weeks I tried to sync my calendar from my phone to the refrigerator screen with no success. I admit I am not that savvy on tech, but I had two people who are and they gave up. I had the box for less than a year. The lock on the water/ice control comes on and you have to go through the screen to find the lock and unlock it. For the second time, the dispenser will not toggle from ice to water. The entire part was replace less than a month ago and I am having the same problem. I love the idea of high tech and the integration but clearly, if you can't get a Samsung phone to sync with the Samsung refrigerator there is a problem. This was NOT a cheap unit so I am frustrated to pay so much and have nothing but problems.

The customer service is terrible. They always tell you to reboot the computer or turn off the refrigerator and refresh it by plugging it back in after a minute. Easier said than done. The refrigerator is in a cabinet and I have to roll it out and squeeze in to unplug it and plug it in again. I had a Kenmore for 15 years and never had to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to work. I am very dissatisfied with this appliance.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Looks Nice - Acts Nice - Have not had any issues in the year I have owned (Samsung) (2500). There are some confusing things regarding how many options the shelfs can be configured. Also, Controls are Digital, to be honest they work great but I have never touched them. Hope it is the last fridge I ever buy. That was my criteria for choosing this one.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Ice maker quit after 3 years. Repairman that I paid for came out and replaced ice maker, control board and had me leave unplugged and doors open for 3 days so the ice would defrost. Worked for about 6 months then iced up again. Ice maker quit working again shortly thereafter started making a horrific sound every time the twin cooling fans. Called out repairman again. He wasn’t sure what to do this time. Said he even called Samsung and could not get any answers. He placed on my invoice it was a structural defect. Told me there was nothing else he could do and recommended I purchase another refrigerator that didn’t have the name Samsung on it.

Samsung Refrigerator Company Information