1.40/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3118 Samsung Refrigerator Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I paid well over $2000 for a Samsung French Door refrigerator just about 4 years ago, and it has given me nothing but problems. I had issue with the door, seals around the freezer, the ice maker, finally the motor that cools the refrigerator. I am making a promise to myself that I will never ever buy another piece of appliance from Samsung, and will convince any of my family and friends to not buy that brand either. I hope they go out of business soon. They should not be allowed to sell their kinks to consumers and scamming thousands of dollars from families.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I bought a refrigerator 5 years ago. After 2 years the ice maker stopped working. 3 weeks ago my freezer stopped working. Now just yesterday my refrigerator stopped working. Samsung wants to send out one of their high technicians for something that's a manufacturer issue. I shouldn't have to pay for that. The fridge cost me thousands of dollars. My mom has a fridge in her garage from the 80s that works like a charm. These products are thrown together and they are more worried about the looks. My refrigerator is all looks and no brain.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Purchased a Samsung Family Hub refrigerator and a Flex Wash washer and dryer 8 months ago. Since then have had the refrigerator ice maker freeze up about every 2 weeks. The fridge has been repaired with ice maker replaced 4 times. Now the washing machine has an error code that Samsung cannot find anyone to fix. Samsung does not offer refunds even though their appliances are junk but does offer replacements. (Oh yay) Samsung guaranteed delivery/replacement in 10 days. This is day 12 with no communication from Samsung. Many hours spent on the phone with Samsung, 4 service trips for the ice maker and now a guaranteed time frame on a replacement that did not happen. Samsung does not care about its customers and sells expensive appliances they do not support. Stay away from these and all Samsung appliances!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I am unfortunate enough to own two Samsung French door refrigerators. One has the same freeze up problems everyone seems to have. The other just started to dispense water on its own. Lucky we were home or it would have caused a lot of damage. Also threw away two Samsung microwaves. Bought a Whirpool, it works great.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I bought a Samsung refrigerator. The ice maker in the upper part of the refrigerator died. Samsung did not help and neither did Lowe’s. Not only that, no one works on Samsung refrigerators in the state capital of Montana. Just stay away from these refrigerators and don't buy from Lowe's. They just blow you off when you have a complaint.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

My wife and I bought a Samsung RT5000K Top Freezer Twin Cooling Plus™, 350 L refrigerator for Courts Jamaica Limited. The first month the front plastic on the tray under the freezer compartment split down the middle while it was being wiped off. It was as if it had dry rotted. In the first three months the door started to bubble and this is the one that has the stainless steel look. They replaced the skin after a lot of complaining and then the door would hardly close by itself when they were done and they left all the plastic on.

Now the rubbers are starting to crack on the door and we have not had the thing a year yet. The door is making a creaking sound once in a while when you open it and the refrigerator from day one has been making weird sounds. It also runs very hot and for an inverter type, the electric bill has not gone down at all. Have been trying to find the year of manufacture and can't seem to get any answers. I believe it was in storage a long time before being sold. Very disappointed and would never buy one again. Will continue to take to social media to get some answers. I had the issues with my fridge in Jamaica and I was able to get support sending an email to **.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

These are NOT good refrigerators. Have owned a French door Samsung for about 8 years now... Bought it at Lowe's for a big price. Had trouble with the drain freezing up and leaking water all over the place, which luckily I was able to fix myself after much research. Now the circuit board is malfunctioning... Beeps constantly, and freezes your stuff in the fridge section... I have tried everything but calling a repairman... Pure unadulterated crap for the price paid. I'm gonna toss it and call myself very lucky to be rid of it. Get yourself a GE or Whirlpool is my advice... Anything but this!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

My wife and I bout a Samsung RT5000K Top Freezer Twin Cooling Plus™, 350 L refrigerator for Courts Jamaica Limited. The first month the front plastic on the tray under the freezer compartment split down the middle while it was being wiped off. It was as if it had dry rotted. In the first three months the door started to bubble and this is the one that has the stainless steel look. They replaced the skin after a lot of complaining and then the door would hardly close by itself when they were done and they left all the plastic on.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Do not buy any Samsung products. We purchased this refrigerator with ice maker. BIG MISTAKE. Samsung knows their ice makers don't work. So even if they give you a new refrigerator (Samsung) it still will not work. We have had 4 service calls and the repair only lasts about a month. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING THAT IS A SAMSUNG PRODUCT EVER. WHATEVER THE PRODUCT IS. THEIR QUALITY CONTROL IS NOTHING.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

We bought this refrigerator from LOWE'S in 2016 for just under $2600; we didn't know the icemaker had a problem until after the warranty expired because we didn't live in that house but for a few months of the year just before we retired. It froze up and the plastic bin cracked when we removed it from the freezer. The repairman replaced just about everything that could be replaced in the icemaker and we were charged $1170!!!

Within 2 months of that expense, the thing froze up again. The repairman just left, didn't charge since we were within the 90-day period of the first repair. But he said Samsung told him they would not replace our refrigerator, they "might" give us a break on the price of another... What a load of rotten tomatoes!!! There should be a recall, and I should get my money back for having bought their defective product and for the expense of the repairs. The angst and inconvenience should be financially compensated for, too, but I am not holding my breath.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Samsung refrigerator faulty ice maker. This is the 4th time we've had a repairman out on fridge. The ice maker continuously freezes. He has replaced the machine with a repair kit the second time he came out. Now he is back again for the same reason.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

1st problem: The refrigerator froze in the back and stopped cooling altogether. WE do not have a water attachment to it, thank goodness, because that would probably be even more of a nightmare. 2nd problem: Water leaks right below the vegetable tray. Where the water comes from is unknown. Getting it fixed has been impossible. Samsung does not stand by its products. WE bought this at Home Depot, which offers no support whatsoever. I've filed a complaint with Home Depot, but no satisfaction. I am sure I will no longer buy anything other than nails and electrical tape at Home Depot from this point forward. Do NOT BUY Samsung. Do not buy major appliances at Home Depot. You will regret it. I have a freezer and an old fridge downstairs that are over 10 years old, not a problem. The Samsung is only 3-4 years old.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I purchased a Samsung FlexZone a year ago. Over the past few months it has been shutting down. First the freezer got warm then the bottom fridge got warm and now the whole thing is at sixty degrees and we are throwing out food. I have had a tech out and have a diagnosis. Every time I call Samsung to have them set up a tech to come out and fix it I get, "We will call you in one to three days." And that's as far as it goes... Now I'm without a fridge. You need to stand behind your product.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Just too angry to write right now. I will edit it later. Ice maker is totally junk. The freezer ices over constantly and I have to empty it into a cooler while I remove all the parts of the freezer to scrape and clean them. The slides freeze up as well and it is hard to open. Shortly after that the weatherstripping between the French doors started to tear and so did a part of the gasket on the top of the freezer drawer. I was cleaning the right pull out clear plastic drawer and to get to the spot where things collect, I pressed gently and the whole front broke and fell off ($75 to buy a new one). From the start the customer service has been terrible.

At first they had no record of me buying it, and after I scanned and took a picture of it with my phone and sent them in they either said they could not read it or never got it. This went on so long it was passed its warranty. I have never been treated so badly from a company I paid a lot of money to for a fridge and got ZIP! I went through a similar situation with my new Samsung washer that was recalled and I could not get the same replacement so I had to get a smaller size and I was told the soap drawer would have the updated roller bearings and it does not. No response from Samsung or Best Buy for that matter. Never buy a Samsung appliance again!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Purchased a Samsung 4 door refrigerator and the ice maker is completely useless. We paid premium dollars for this fridge and every 2 weeks we need to remove the ice build up in the ice maker within the refrigerator. This is a well known issue and Samsung even put out a service bulletin but they want me to take the cost for a design flaw. I should not have to pay a penny for something that should be a given such as making ice within my refrigerator. I will never buy a Samsung product due to this experience and how they value their customers.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

13 months after purchasing our Samsung Refrigerator the icemaker went out. It leaks constantly inside the fridge and in the cup area. I constantly have to have a paper towel there to soak up the water. It freezes up about once a week and my husband has to use the hair dryer to get it going again. Sometimes we get real cubes, but most of the time we get slushy cubes. We were dazzled by the French door version with the outside access drawer in the middle and paid $2,400. Two years later I vow to never buy another Samsung appliance. Samsung is no help. I hope the class action lawsuit can do something, but the legal process is so long, I'll probably be dead by then!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Very nice design and look to the refrigerator. It is quiet and keeps the temperature where you need it (so far at least, 4 years in). The issue I have is with the durability of the refrigerators water line/ice making. To pour an 8oz glass of water, it takes me approximately 2 minutes. The ice freezes over at least 2-3 times a week. Hopefully the electronics hold up for another 5-10 years given the high price of this refrigerator.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

The ice maker doesn’t work. Difficult to remove the ice bin. We followed all the troubleshooting instructions. Nothing worked. Our user manual was not up to date and did not show where the “reset” button was located. We called Samsung to complain, were told it was beyond the warranty. They scheduled a service company in our area. We later found out that no service company will touch it in our area due to the problems with the ice maker. The bottom line: We have no ice available in our Samsung french door refrigerator. The ice maker is overly complex, and not user friendly. There are too many ways for this unit to fail. I can’t believe Samsung would allow this kind of a bad customer experience. I guess I know why they had big problems with their phones and washers.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

My Samsung RFG298HD refrigerator is about 5 years old. Earlier this year the icemaker stopped working... Got that problem fixed. Shortly after that, water began pooling in the Cool Select Pantry Drawer and now the drawer seems to be frozen in place and will not open at all. After some internet research I've learned this a fairly common problem with Samsung refrigerators and apparently Samsung has chosen not to address the problem. This was a very expensive refrigerator and I'm not happy with the product and WILL NOT buy another Samsung appliance. My last refrigerator was a Kenmore. We had for over 20 years which was still working perfectly when we replaced it with the Samsung junk.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I am so displeased with EVERY Samsung appliances we purchased. The fridge being the absolute worst, it’s been just barely a year and we already have a fan blown, not creating ice and who knows what that loud buzzing was that has quit working. They look great but they are not worth the price paid. Don’t bother, get the brands who know what they are doing.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Our experience with a Samsung fridge (less than 2 years old) similar to everyone else's. Started with the ice maker not working to now the main fridge compartment not working. Had it repaired but was told by the repairman that he couldn't say for certain that the fix was permanent. He was right. This product is an expensive piece of junk!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

From the time that it was new the ice maker in this model refrigerator was awful even when it was not frozen over and the ice making unit was not in need of de-icing. The ice maker was slow and low capacity from day one, but the real defect appeared within 3 weeks after I got my new refrigerator. Ice making had stopped completely and when I removed the compartment it was immediately apparent why this was. The entire rear portion where the cubes feed into the holding area was caked with ice and ice cubes, and freezer frost, with freezer frost creeping out all of the way the front part of where the assembly seats.

I called Samsung for assistance or repair and was told to turn off the ice maker and put hot water on the areas that were frozen over. There was no way to effectively do this because of where the ice had caked - way back in the tightest and coldest area. Very unreachable. After great and careful effort I was able to get it cleared and the ice maker working again. Within two weeks the problem repeated and I called again about my brand new refrigerator that was less than 6 weeks old. After explaining the situation and requesting repair I was told to modify the freezer settings along with the same instructions to use hot water to melt the ice. The thought was that the freezer being too cold or too warm might be contributing to the problem. Once again, failure. Another 2+ weeks passed and the ice maker was frozen over again.

At this point I just went to Amazon and purchased a good heat gun and established the habit of thoroughly melting the ice and drying the entire area out, then leaving the ice maker off for a few days while checking to make sure that things stayed dry. After this ritual I turn the ice maker back on and now get about 4-5 weeks of use before having to de-ice again. My 21st century ice dispenser has to be maintained in the same manner as a freezer from the 1950s. Because of this I buy bags of cubed ice on a regular basis as a matter of habit.

With the exception of the ice maker my Samsung Chef's Series refrigerator is pretty good with nice features and electronics. But given the price I paid for a flagship appliance from a top name manufacturer the overall experience has been a big disappointment. Even more so when Samsung Customer Support is factored in. This is a two-star review all the way.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

We purchased the French Door Refrigerator with center variable temp drawer four years ago. The ice maker stopped working 2 years ago. The center drawer ices up, then melts all over the floor so we had to turn it down to the lowest temp and now its just another drawer. Now, four years in, the refrigerator will not keep food cold. It's a PIECE OF JUNK!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Over the last couple of weeks, I noticed tiny amounts of water at the bottom corner edge of my refrigerator (RF28HFEDTSR), right underneath the pull out drawer for the freezer. Thought it was just an ice cube that had found its way under the refrigerator and melted. This morning, I noticed the edges of my hardwood floors buckling up. Discovered water leaking from the top of the refrigerator that must have been seeping into the floor. Turned off ice maker and turned off water to refrigerator. Water still leaking from the top. I've had to replace the towel twice within a two hour period. From what I've read online, this is a very common problem with no real fix. Samsung, step up and do the right thing. Your product is defective. This refrigerator is less than 2 years old!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Somehow in spending $2,000 on a Samsung refrigerator three years ago we missed seeing reviews about the icemaker. After using a hairdryer and scraper every two weeks the past year and a half, I sympathize with those experiencing serious issues. Samsung does itself no marketing favors with its steadfast refusal to acknowledge this problem. I know we chose an LG TV over Samsung and will buy soon a dishwasher other than Samsung.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Samsung products are good for nothing. I bought a Samsung refrigerator 11 months back and have filed complaint for cooling issue 5 times in this period. Still this problem is occurring again and again. And when you call their customer support to get the product replaced etc they start talking in unprofessional way and use profanity. This is not acceptable. Pls do not buy any Samsung product. Their services are good for nothing and their product quality is **.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I am so upset with SAMSUNG appliances. We purchased a refrigerator Model #RF28HFEDBSR from them in 2014. It worked fine until months ago when we had Samsung's provider One Stop Appliance come and fix it. $330 and a 90 day warranty. At 120 days the same problem occurred so we called the Geek Squad because we purchased it at Best Buy. They came and fixed the exact same problem for another $330. Now we are again about 20 days out of the 90 day warranty and Samsung WON'T DO ANYTHING!!

It's ridiculous that we have to pay for the same issue to be fixed over and over again. They are supposed to have such good customer service but we are certainly not feeling it. They told me twice they would help but they would charge us AGAIN to fix the same problem for a THIRD time!! Why do they get high ratings??? I don't understand it. STAY AWAY FROM SAMSUNG APPLIANCES!! BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. Please share! Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Purchased four new stainless steel appliances together in 2013 one being the Samsung french door refrigerator. I was warned about this from a few of my friends as they made that mistake and had extensive problems with ice maker and water dispenser. Despite their warnings, I bought one anyway believing theirs were non-typical occurrences and ours would be fine based on how much they cost. In less than a year, the ice maker failed and refused to work at all - had worked intermittently prior to then, but I chipped ice off the auger thinking that was just a fluke. Unfortunately, I did not feel like spending an additional $350 for more coverage on a brand new item and trusted it would last longer, so we go without ice.

Next, loud noise coming from a fan which worsened over less than two weeks, then stopped altogether. Now fridge at 45 deg and warm items, primarily noticeable with the milk. Secondly, under normal use, the door flapper between the doors failed and has to be held with a hand to shut! Finally bit the bullet and called Sears where we purchased it and scheduled service. After trying to sell us a monthly service agreement for all appliances promising 50% off if we signed, I opted for just the repair which was an apparent plugged auto defrost drain hose which caused ice to build up around fan and fails to permit cooling.

$500 + dollars later they have parts on order with a repair date of 12/10. All this for a 'NEW' fridge. Samsung sucks and I regret selling the old reliable simple fridge that came with the house and was already 10+ years old at least!! I will definitely deter anyone from buying Samsung refrigerators when I can - garbage and I truly believe are built to fail which guarantees more money for their parts (job security) and their retailer for service costs - in this case Sears. BUYER BEWARE - DO NOT PURCHASE SAMSUNG!!!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Purchased a French Door Model #RF263BEAESR/AA in August of 2014. Issues with the icemaker freezing, the two cooler system freezing with visible ice buildup, and a loud humming noise. $1000 in repairs.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

The ice maker has frozen up for the 4th time in 2 years. Samsung will not offer any resolution to the problem although it is a well known problem. Many consumers are saying the same thing. When you call for service they read a script. Won’t listen to reason. Why should we pay for a defective part when we have a documented history of problems? DO NOT PURCHASE SAMSUNG PRODUCTS!

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a Korean appliance company known for creating a wide range of electronics and home appliances. The company, based in Seoul, Korea, was founded in 1938.

• Technology: Samsung offers wi-fi connected refrigerators, letting users keep track of fridge contents and settings remotely.

• Color options: The company sells refrigerators in a selection of colors, including stainless steel, platinum, white, black and more. These options let customers choose a refrigerator color that matches their kitchen.

• Additional features: Samsung's refrigerators come with many additional features, like water filters, a showcase door and more.

• Warranties: Customers have the option of purchasing extended warranties to cover damage or necessary repairs over the life of the item.

• Sleek design: Samsung has a reputation for sleek, contemporary refrigerators that offer a modern, clean aesthetic.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for high-quality, high-tech refrigeration devices, and college students in need of small, affordable mini-refrigerators.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs