1.23/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3185 Samsung Refrigerator Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG FRIDGE!!! It is garbage. I only had the fridge two years. It makes noise like a rocket about to launch. It freezes up and have to defrost for days. Then will work for a few months. Samsung won't do nothing about it. They said they will a service tech call to set up appt but no one ever calls. I finally just broke down and purchased a Whirlpool fridge. Samsung should just stick to TVs and phones. Even my Samsung washer and dryer is junk.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Called repair service after 5 months and was charged 100$. Two weeks later ice maker failed to work. Samsung wanted to replace ice maker at my expense. Currently I joined a class action lawsuit which involves hundreds of other customers.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Do NOT buy a Samsung refrigerator even if they GIVE you a lifetime warranty!! The icemakers a nerve fixed due to a design flaw. The Brick will not tell you the truth. Conmen just using junk appliances!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

This is a fair admonishing to buyer to not be fooled by the aesthetic sleek look of an Samsung Refrigerator. It does not stand the test of time and does not perform to support the high purchase price and its good luck. I had this awesome looking double french door and like everyone else it Sealed Cooling System start breaking down and of course Samsung favorite response like they give everyone else, I guess by now they are professional in running people in circle, Only time will tell as other consumer will catch up. They don't realize the power of negative advertising. I have already warn dozens of people to stay away from ever purchasing a Samsung.

They have an unfair business practice where you can only use their service approved vendor to fix your fridge even when you are out of warrant because no one can get their replacement part. This is not fair business practice I will would hope that the attorney general or even congress is aware of this business practice. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER use my cash for anything Samsung again, I felt betrayed by their deceptive appearance and lousy performance in failing to stand by their product and make good with their consumer. We have a right and that is where we spent our money. Fool me once, that is good enough.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Samsung has a two year class action lawsuit against it and has known about its faulty icemakers for YEARS, but it continues to sell refrigerators that cannot be repaired. If you are lucky, your icemaker will work for the year it is under warranty. However, expect within six months after that first year, your icemaker will freeze and require constant thawing by a blowdryer. You can pay $250-$500 for a service fee for the technician to inform you that there is NO repair and NO replacement. Your only option is to continue to thaw the icemaker area with a blowdryer EVERY DAY! RUN, do not walk, RUN as fast as you can from Samsung refrigerators!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Do not buy this product. It releases water instead of ice cubes. Drips down door and cannot be cleaned. Inside of cube trays it is frosted and cubes are at the release frozen. I thawed the frost and it worked for couple of weeks and problem resumes.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

The ice maker in this fridge stopped working shortly after warranty. We have had the ice maker replaced and attempted to have it repaired multiple times, but it's clearly a design flaw as none of those efforts have permanently solved the problem. It's tremendously inconvenient and frustrating to make or buy your own ice when you spend a lot of money on a refrigerator. This is a widespread issue; there is a class action lawsuit vs Samsung for this issue. Would never recommend Samsung.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Lots of known issues with Samsung refrigerators. Do some research, there are lawsuits out for things that they refuse to acknowledge as a problem. Their suggestion for me is to fix all of the issues (that all repairmen and numerous Samsung forms say will return) first and then spend an extra $600 a year to warranty the machine.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Purchased 224D Blk 22 Refrigerator with extra extended warranty. Icemaker not working after only owning it for 1 year. Such a hassle getting someone to service it. Called multiple times. Samsung has been giving me the runarounds to call different departments. I hate this company. I will never purchase another Samsung product.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I have a Samsung French Door Fridge. DON'T PURCHASE ONE!! It is the most frustrating piece of expensive equipment one could own. The ice maker has a mind and a life of its own. It freezes up every two to three days and is totally useless. I am so disappointed with this product and from what I have read above getting help from Samsung is as hopeful as a dog chasing its tail and catching it. You go round and round in circles. I paid almost $2400.00 for it Canadian. I would not recommend this machine to anyone. Stay far, far away from this beastly machine. It is a disaster waiting for a place to happen.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

We purchased this product on July 27 2017. Months after we purchased it the ice maker started icing up and water started dripping inside the fridge. When you would hit the ice button you would first get water then ice would drop. The ice would not be totally frozen. Then water would drip out after you were finished. Three different times they have replaced the whole ice maker. On Nov 8 2018 they told our repair man they were going to do an exchange. Then on Nov 29 they had another company come in and fix it (3 time).

On Jan 24 it started doing the same thing. When we contacted Samsung they told us it is now our problem. They are not going to fix it again. They totally lied to us about exchanging it. This fridge is nothing but junk and headaches. We ended up going to Sam's Club and purchased an ice maker. You spend nearly $3000.00 for a refrigerator and you can't even have it make ice. Buy from a different company. They know they have problems with this refrigerator and they won't stand behind them. We will never have another Samsung in our house. Read other reviews on this. I know others have the same issue. We read them but we thought they had the issues resolved. Boy did we find out the hard way.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I made my 8th service request with Lowe's this evening on my Samsung Refrigerator. The ice maker has frozen up 4 times now and the evaporative cooling fan has frozen up 6 times. I bought the extended 5 year warranty from Lowe's, thank goodness, but it runs out this coming April. Basically I was told that ice makers are an accessory and not covered under the Lemon laws, but a service call is scheduled once again for the 8th time. Will never buy Samsung refrigerator again, count on that! Model # RF28HFEDTSR/AA.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I purchase this refrigerator in November 2013. By February I was on my first of many repair calls. Like everyone else the icemaker how many times. Then a new problem - the door seal was not working... Ice maker... then icemaker... icemaker... Hey a new problem- the door on the right started to pop, popped on closing. Started on Saturday January 26, 2019, now January 30, 2019 popping stopped. Now door will not close, having to put a chair in front to keep it close. I have contract. Was told this is not included in contract. Given another number to call. Very pleasant, no help. I want my purchase price back or a new refrigerator. Too much money to be unhappy. Do not buy, but if you don't mind the headache, beautiful in the kitchen.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Don’t be lured by the exterior look like I was. The engineered is designed for failure! After replacing icemaker 2 times, the seal system failed that cooled the refrigerator. $500 worth of food gone! 48 hours x 4 different service techs set up by them who were not CCF Licensed to work on the seal system. My Yeti Cooler works better than this Samsung product. Thankfully my cooler is working in the kitchen, now Samsung wants me to prove my purchase after buying in 2014 from Home Depot. Going to go buy more ice...

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I bought my Samsung Refrigerator 2 years ago, the ice maker stopped working and so did the water dispenser. I called Samsung and they troubleshooted with me over the phone. Resent a button in the unit that makes the ice. Well that worked for about a day and then the same problem. I had a tech come out, the main computer board was smoking. It has to be replaced. 511.00/hour plus I have paid 145.00/hour for service and repair. So disappointed, Don't buy a Samsung Refrigerator! They don't stand behind their problems.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

We bought the expensive, beautiful, black stainless 4 door refrigerator for our new construction kitchen. Within 6 months, the ice maker froze - the inside becomes a block of ice. It now does this every 2-4 weeks. Because of the time involved in thawing it out, we are without the ice maker more often than not. Samsung is no help at all. They are aware of the problem, but have no remedy. Save yourself money and aggravation and avoid Samsung, it's junk.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Refrigerator started having problems 6 months after purchase. Water dispenser and filter started leaking. 2.5 years later it stopped cooling completely. The compressor went bad. Over the last 3 months I have had continuous problems with maintaining the temperature. The service guy came out again today (4th time in 3 months). Said the new compressor just replaced 3 months ago is bad. I have lost so much food and time. I want compensation and a new refrigerator.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

For the Price of $2200 you can be too proud owner of a piece of crap. Very simple. I bought this fridge in March 2016 by April 2017 here is what started to happen. The bottom ice drawer in the French style does not auto shut off so the ice falls back behind the draw. Then the cooling fan unit behind the back panel Freezes UP. I called them several times over the past year was "since it is out of the Manufacturer’s warranty there is nothing we can do." But, I did some research on the fridge and find out there are hundreds of cases on YouTube and online that are experiencing the same problem. When you call Samsung direct and ask about it, they say they have never had a complaint or has anyone called about the fridge.

Then I go online and get in the blog where people have actually called and complained. Here is what I know, For your warranty to be covered, you have to have them put in a work order over the phone with a ticket number that they can track. Then, they contact the Samsung Repairman. You can’t use "Joe bag of doughnuts". It have to be on their sheet of authorized service partners. The closest one to me was 2 hours away. They gave me the name of the repair place and I called them.

When I told the serviceman what I needed, he laughed, not at me but that I was having trouble with a Samsung Fridge. I asked him what he thought. He said he has to fix them all the time because of either Ice Maker or Freezing in the back panel. But Samsung says this doesn’t happen. Anyway, after two service techs and a few dollars and numerous calls to you know who, all I can say is Samsung sucks on their refrigerators and customer service. It’s like "yeah, you bought fridge from us and it’s broke after a year and a half". Well, we got our money so don’t care. Someone, Legally need to look into this.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We purchased the Samsung RF30KMEDBSG/AA from Home Depot in August 2017. Within two months the ice maker completely froze over and was a giant block of ice. Samsung customer service instructed me to put the ice maker into a forced defrost and run that several times. They said it was because the unit was new and had "air" in the water lines. A week of getting good ice and then another block of ice. This went on several times until I forced Samsung to send a service tech to my home. I cited the now known class action suit to get them to come service the unit.

The tech force defrosted the ice maker, sealed the compartment with clear silicone and replaced the entire ice maker mechanism. He stated this is the standard repair and that's about all they could do. Over the next four months we would get occasional build up on the ice maker which we would clean off and run it through a maintenance cycle. We are at no less than 3 customer service calls for different issues and at least 6 for the ice maker alone. Samsung has serviced the unit twice and given instructions for the "homeowner to service as needed" which we have performed almost bi-monthly.

Last week the freezer compartment warmed up to 52 degrees and all our frozen food was lost. Of course we are now a few months out of warranty and they would come look at it but parts and labor is at our own expense. After reading more online reviews and complaints regarding Samsung products, I will never be purchasing another of their products. I spoke with Home Depot regarding the issue and they were supportive but understandably unable to assist at this point. 14 month old $2500 refrigerator that is useless and unreliable but the one star is because it looks great!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Less than a year old and major parts of the ice maker had to be replaced. Luckily, it was still under warranty. A couple of months later, no more warranty, but more problems. My brother, sister, and my daughter have the same model and the same problems. I had faith in Samsung, so I didn’t read any reviews. My hindsight. Never ever will I purchase a Samsung refrigerator again. $2,200.00 for this refrigerator. Hopefully, more people will read these reviews.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

The best thing you can do is stay away from any Samsung Refrigerator. I did my research and Samsung was one of the top brands - big mistake. They have several problems that seem to be across all their refrigerator models. Ice makers leak or freeze up, motherboards go bad, valves malfunction, the list goes on. It wasn't until I started having all these problems - after 5 years - and I googled them to find out these problems are very common. I now have a 5 yr. old refrigerator that I paid $2500.00 for and is in need of over $1,200.00 of repairs. Samsung will not help. They say "get the repairs done" - and you have to use their service department - and then they will see if they can help. No, not going to do it. Buying a different brand and will never buy a Samsung again. Fair warning.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

My 1 year old Samsung refrigerators ice maker is broken and leaks all the time. I’m getting that part replaced but I have Read many other people’s complaints and it seems they have to get it replaced over and over again. I’m not looking forward to this. I would prefer a brand new refrigerator with no issues!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Have a Samsung side by side frig model RF23J9011SR. Had work under the manufacture warranty done and also several times under the extended warranty and still the ice maker leaks water and freezes up all the time. Contacted Samsung service and was told I need to go to the place which sold me the appliance to resolve the issue, which was Lowe's. I was told by Lowe's I need to contact Samsung. So now I am going back to Lowe's.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Purchase a Samsung French door refrigerator and after 6 months the ice maker started freezing up. I have to chip the ice out then reset to get it to start making ice again. This has been going on now for a year and half. When I contacted Samsung they direct me to the service department. I don't think is the way they should be handling this issue. Very disappointed with this.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

While Samsung has become reliable in their TV and cellphone line, much improvements in quality are desired in their appliance line. A Samsung dryer - a recent model that I got, broke down within 1.5 years and their paid service appointment was more than a week wait, leaving the appliance downtown for the consumer. Samsung fridge that I bought had numerous issues including, water leaks that damaged wooden floor, fan not turning, icing in fridge section, sensors needing replacement and such, over the years of its use.

Irony is that while these appliances are styled well with their electronics and such, underlying functional quality of their latest appliances as well was seen driven by relative poor quality components that will guarantee repairs past their warranty period. The feedback to the quality department is simple - learn from quality of LG and improve component quality to enhance on the on the functional reliability for the appliance to function trouble free for about 5 years at the minimum. Short of that, it'll leave a bad taste in customer use, forcing them to look at brands with better quality.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Product sucks. Ice maker had problems from early on and eventually stopped making ice. Repairman replaced it and it was good for another year provided I defrosted it every 6 weeks or so, not pleasant but I am willing to go through it rather than spend another $450 to repair again. Then recently it stopped making altogether. No one should buy this product and based on what I've read about Samsung addressing this issue, I would avoid all Samsung products. Not a company of integrity.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I am so sorry I bought all new Samsung kitchen appliances in May of 2017. Just talking about the refrigerator here, the ice maker was repaired twice during the first year it was under warranty and it still freezes up on a monthly basis. This morning when I went to get a glass of water... nothing came out! UGH!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We bought the stainless steel, french door model, with a bottom freezer. It was quite expensive, just under $2700 with tax. The big lure for us was that it has two ice makers, one up top where the ice comes out through the door, and one inside the bottom freezer where it just falls into a bin. Well, shortly after the warranty expired, the bottom icemaker stopped working. We called in a Samsung approved repairman and the cost to fix the icemaker was $448! WOW! We did not have it repaired, because we thought the cost of the repair was outrageous. Also, the remaining working icemaker (the top one), when set to dispense "cubed" ice, spits out some cubes and a LOT of bits & pieces of ice. Note: We do NOT go back and forth between cubed and crushed on the ice selection; it stays at cubed all the time. We probably will not ever buy Samsung appliances again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Ice maker & water dispenser have caused unspeakable frustration: We paid a premium for matching upper end appliances including the Samsung refrigerator which has caused my wife and I unspeakable frustration from the first year we purchased it. We love ice tea with ice and thought we bought a high end refrigerator that would allow us to have ice for our ice tea at the touch of a button. But that has certainly NOT been the case! The ice maker does not produce ice due to internal parts freezing up. This problem started within the first year we purchased it and after $100's in repair costs and uncountable hours spend thawing efforts, the same thing keeps happening over and over no matter how dry I get it.

Besides freezing up, the motor has always made a loud noise which my wife can't stand and our guests ask "what is that noise?" Additionally, I had to spend $200 on a countertop ice maker because our $3,000 Samsung ice maker does not work. I hate to sell it to anyone else so we are stuck with it and don't know what to do with the piece of junk! Since Samsung knows that they sold me a design flawed product, I think they should replace my refrigerator ASAP.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

French door refrigerator 1.5 yrs old and the icemaker needs to be defrosted with hairdryer every month. What a terrible design and what a HUGE disappointment in Samsung. The icemaker slows down after a week and at 4 weeks the screw-drive just spins.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a Korean appliance company known for creating a wide range of electronics and home appliances. The company, based in Seoul, Korea, was founded in 1938.

• Technology: Samsung offers wi-fi connected refrigerators, letting users keep track of fridge contents and settings remotely.

• Color options: The company sells refrigerators in a selection of colors, including stainless steel, platinum, white, black and more. These options let customers choose a refrigerator color that matches their kitchen.

• Additional features: Samsung's refrigerators come with many additional features, like water filters, a showcase door and more.

• Warranties: Customers have the option of purchasing extended warranties to cover damage or necessary repairs over the life of the item.

• Sleek design: Samsung has a reputation for sleek, contemporary refrigerators that offer a modern, clean aesthetic.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for high-quality, high-tech refrigeration devices, and college students in need of small, affordable mini-refrigerators.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs