Samsung Refrigerator

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought my Samsung fridge when I moved into my new house. My wishful thinking was soon becoming a nightmare. The plastic door for the bottom drawer broke twice and the electronics control panel failed twice as well. The fridge is now waiting for repair. I don't believe that Samsung really wishes this product to last long so it fails so often that force the consumers to buy a new one. I will buy a new fridge soon but not from Samsung.

I had purchased a Samsung Fridge double door of 325 ltr capacity during Jan 2011. The Fridge was not giving good response right from the date of purchase i.e. watering, freezer not working, frequent sensor and motherboard problems. I had complained to Samsung that you have delivered a faulty fridge, so replace a good Samsung Fridge or repay the amount. They did not lisen any one of my offer to satisfy the customer. They CHEATED ME and assured that we will rectify the issue and deliver you perfectly. They took the unit to service center and got repaired.

Till date I am facing one or the other problem in every 4 months time and I require to pay for each service and even I have to pay to the technician for just inspecting the fridge where the reply from the technician was that the proper thermacol is not available for the top door fridges and they themselves say that all top door fridges will have the same problem and hence they same problem will continue even after repair. I had a single door 190 ltr Whirlpool fridge without problem for ten years except to defrosting.

A fridge is an immovable item in a house and an amount hard earned money Rs.25000 is invested on a fridge of a reputed company and if it is giving frequent problems one or other and spending nearly one-fourth of cost of fridge for the past 6 yrs is really painful and it is great loss to the customer and giving mental agony hence I have been forced purchased an another fridge from Whirlpool for for Rs.22000/- which is an unwanted additional expenditure created by Samsung company. I came to a conclusion after 6 years since I lost faith on SAMSUNG company instead of keep on spending money for repairing the worst Samsung fridge, I have been forced to purchase my old brand from Whirlpool company.

Further the service center at Guindy is also one of the worst service provider and the technicians are not properly qualified, since they are not experienced and charging for the same problems from the customer and the service center is disobedient to Samsung company. Even Samsung company says not to charge for the same problem the service center either do not listen to them or leave the job half baked or not responding further even after repeated phone calls. Hence, in view of the above I advise the public NOT TO PURCHASE SAMSUNG FRIDGE AT ANY COST since all module of SAMSUNG FRIDGE are VERY WORST FRIDGE.

I have been trying to get a refrigerator repaired for 2 weeks. The serviceman who initially came to look at it said Samsung is having a lot of problems with it, but is not doing anything about it. I have spoken to customer service at least 20 times. I have spent many hours on hold, and been disconnected at least 4 times. I have also been told they cannot connect me to a manager, because there were none available. They have finally agreed to pay for the repair, but are unable to find the part to fix a 4 year old fridge in less than 4 weeks. I have been told many times my case will be escalated to the next level, but it never is.

I have also been told is it approved for a replacement, but no one can ever seem to figure out how to get that commitment into the computer, so nothing ever happens. The customer service people are only able to type the problem into their computer, never to do anything to fix it. If I hear "I understand" one more time, I'm going to kill someone. It is by far the most incompetent, useless customer service department I have ever dealt with. Couple that with an appliance that is of very poor quality, please avoid it at all costs.

Bought this new side by side bottom freezer Samsung refrigerator 2 years ago and it has been nothing but headaches ever since. Ice maker has quit and been replaced three times, water leaks into the bottom of refrigerator. Ice maker freezes up. Have called for service while under warranty and got nowhere, told me the temp was not low enough or door left open which neither ever happened. I got all excuses until my warranty was up. This is the biggest piece of junk I have ever bought and will never buy or suggest to anyone to buy a Samsung product again, whether it be appliance, or musical equipment, or phones or anything with Samsung name on it.

I bought my Samsung refrigerator in 2014 and have had nothing but problems with the ice maker and food being ruined continuously because it keeps defrosting. I have contacted Samsung numerous times about the issues. Their warranty is a joke. Especially when you have to pay $75 just to get the company they send out to look at the item. The food replacements was definitely not worth what I paid for this product. I have read horrible reviews on their appliances and unfortunately I regret purchasing this product. I will never purchase another Samsung product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

I bought my Samsung in December 2015. One month after the one year warranty the ice maker stopped making ice and was completely frozen. I paid to have it fixed and 2 weeks later it is frozen again. I had a hard time finding anyone that would work on the problem because all of the major appliance repair companies in my area refuse to work on them. What makes me the maddest is when I googled "how to defrost..." that was all I had to enter for Google to fill in the rest with "...my Samsung ice maker". I also noticed the thousands of complaints about this product MOST OF THEM DATED PRIOR TO THE DATE I PURCHASED MINE!!! That tells me that HH Gregg (now out of business in my town) sold this KNOWING there were existing problems. Samsung should be held accountable for selling this defective product.

Spent almost $5000 dollars on Samsung appliances. Huge nightmare. Refrigerator leaked everywhere and damaged kitchen flooring. Suing them in small claims court as we speak. They contacted me within 3 days of filing suit. Small claims court is about $90 bucks and in most cases, you don't need a lawyer. I will post an update as soon as possible. But don't play games. Take them to court as soon as you start having problems.

RF260BEAEBC Side by side refrigerator with bottom freezer - Upper cabinet fan started hitting ice accumulations. Samsung would not cover even however Home Depot stood up and fixed that. There is water standing under the crisper tray ice now, another ice accumulation problem. DO not buy Samsung Refrigerators. Service and product from Samsung is zero.

This is my second horrible review of Samsung Refrigerators. I purchased a new side by side Samsung Refrigerator one year ago after having an old 28 year old GE Refrigerator that gave me no problems whatsoever. I purchased a 4 year warranty (what a waste of money). So the last time I complained about the scratches on the part where you fill your glass with water and ice and Samsung said that is cosmetic and nothing can be done. I suppose you should be using paper cups to fill your water instead of glass. The refrigerator already looks like it is about 20 years old. This time the large shelf in the middle of the refrigerator cracked for no apparent reason. I contacted Samsung and they again told me that this is not covered (what a surprise). I will never buy anything that has a Samsung name attached to it!!!

On November 6, 2011 I purchased a Samsung RFG 238AARS refrigerator and an extended warranty. July 2013 it needed a defrost heater and temperature sensor (Evaporation Assembly) due to freezing below the drawer in the freezer. In December 2014 there was a clogged drain and a fan problem causing more freezing in the freezer and refrigerator. In March 20-17 there again was ice build up and the repairman said it was a common problem with Samsung due to duck bills being clogged.

Currently the food freezes in the refrigerator and the freezer has problems with the ice maker. Yet, Samsung will not agree to a replacement. The freezer cost 2500.00 and makes noises and freezes below the drawers in the refrigerator and freezer. IT'S A LEMON! I owned an Amana for 20 years without one repair to it. Prior to that, I owned a Kenmore without a single repair. I have been on the phone with Samsung many times, and on hold for as long as 45 minutes to no avail. I would NEVER buy a Samsung product again!

Samsung refrigerator model # RS25H5111BC - We have had our refrigerator two years and the freezer is working but the refrigerator part is not cooling!!! It makes horrible noises when it is running. Aggravating!

French Door RF26VABPN repeat water leakage issue - Bought this appliance 10/08 & am recently encountering the 3rd problem since purchase which, according to other reviews, makes me one of the luckier owners having had it now close to 9 years. The 1st problem was continued water leakage with ice accumulating under both crisper drawers. I ended up calling a Samsung approved repair center that came out, evaluated the problem and ended up having to order a major part with total repair cost of $450. This occurred in 2014. Then the icemaker started making clicking noises periodically a year ago & finally stopped working. Tech charged $99 to come out but told me I could buy & replace the icemaker myself, which I ended up doing - Final cost $250.

As of a month ago, the same problem is occurring with water accumulating under the crisper drawers & flowing out the front. I'm not ready to spend another $450 so I'm shopping for another refrigerator, anything except Samsung!!! The refrigerator before this model was a Whirlpool side-by-side that worked well over 20 years problem free. Refrigerator bought at Lowe's, Gainesville, FL.

Water Level Release Arm - When using the water dispenser it has many scratches. Only had this fridge 4 months. Manual states to press and that's what we have done with a normal glass. When I call Samsung they say it's approved but then nothing happens and the electronic repair shop says they keep seeing rejected. This is absolutely been a nightmare and I keep finding myself at square one. It is a plastic part of poor quality and does not withstand normal use. The scratches appear and make the frig look old and worn. I'm getting no place with Samsung.

I bought this expensive Samsung 4 door refrigerator from Sears in 2012. The ice maker is the worse. Within 3 month it stopped making ice. Sears came to repair. This replaced the ice maker. It started working 2 month later stopped. Replaced all mechanism starts working again. 8 months later stopped again, replaced again 3rd time. 1 year later out of warranty. Called Samsung. They refused to do anything about it. Called local appliance dealer, had it replaced $595. Broke again within in 2 months. I looked up this refrigerator and not only this one, but other Samsung units have had many problems with the ice maker and Samsung is doing nothing about it. I would not buy this refrigerator or any Samsung if I was you. It was a $4,000 cost with no ice. They have terrible products.

I have a RS265TDRS French door refrigerator now for 2.5 years. The cooling coils kept freezing up and it took 2 repairs costing $300 plus to fix the issue. Now the freezer is draining water into the lower part of the freezer and after a week water drains on the floor. Samsung will not warranty the defect and I will have to pay for the fix. And goodluck have a Samsung repair service center sending a representative out in a timely manner. After 3 days waiting for service, I called the service center (John Micheal's) and was told yes they had a long backlog of service request. I called a local service company and had a repair service rep the next day.

Had the Samsung refrigerator a little over a month and the ice maker stopped working. Called customer service who ran me through 15 minutes of tests then said a technician would call within 48 hours to come out and repair the fridge. Two days later after not getting a call, I called Samsung again and was informed that the last person I talked to "must have forgot" to assign a technician. I was then instructed to run through the same 15 minutes of tests and told (once again) a technician would call within 48 hours. The next day a Samsung representative called and while I assumed he was the technician calling to set up an appointment, he told me that no, he was in the "product dept" and was just calling to see if my ice maker was still broken. The only purpose for his call was to inform me that it would be ANOTHER 48 hours for a technician to call me.

When I asked if the technician would call over the weekend, he responded that "some work weekends, some don't". I asked to speak to his manager and he told me his manager was unavailable. Three days later and seven days after my initial call a local technician finally called me. He instructed me to push buttons on my freezer that I did not have and besides the fact that he sounded 12, he was completely confused as to which model I had and told me "an engineer" would call me back. When I asked how long that would take he said he didn't know, the engineer was in the field. As of the time of this review my freezer is still broken, there is no set time for the technician to come out and I have wasted my time on the phone with this horrible, incompetent company. I will NEVER buy another Samsung product again and can honestly say this is one of the WORST companies I have ever dealt with.

So sad. Built a beautiful home almost 2 years ago (June 2015). Was so excited to have a nice kitchen. We decided on a Samsung suite for the kitchen. The problems started with our dishwasher. Didn't clean the dishes and smelled of garbage every time you opened it. Had numerous tech calls to "fix" never was. My last straw was when they didn't show up for another appointment after taking an afternoon off from work. We replaced it with a Bosch after only 8 months. My microwave doesn't turn. It used to but we discovered (after warranty was up) that the plate feet were too big for the part on bottom of microwave to turn it. So the refrigerator. Small issue but the bottom deli tray cover comes off every single time you open the drawer. It is too small for the drawer.

Called Samsung and they sent us another one. Same issue. Go into Best Buy and look at the floor model and it works and fits perfectly. Not sure why ours does that. Last month noticed that the same drawer was stuck. Pulled it out and there is a buildup of ice on bottom. Cleaned it all up and has happened again. I am sitting here with two coolers, a dorm refrigerator and my RV refrigerator filled and my Samsung unplugged and empty. I have read that this is an issue. Almost to point of just wanting a new refrigerator. I wish I had the money to replace right now. Don't want to deal with Samsung products again. (Also have a 55" Samsung flat screen and the picture turns off randomly and you have to shut it all down and restart).

We have had our fridge for less than 3 years and our ice maker has had to be repaired 3 times. It broke again and now they say that it is irreparable. The back fan system broke and they offered to pay for parts so we had a tech come out and for some reason, still not sure why, they said they aren't going to pay for it. So we bought a $1600 fridge less than 3 years ago, have spent over $800 in repairs. I will NEVER EVER buy a Samsung fridge again. I say RUN from them cause their refrigerators sure don't RUN. What a joke.

Bad quality and poor service. We bought the French door refrigerator about 2 years ago for more than $3000. Now the upper section is overcooling and Samsung's authorized technician came charged $220 and did not fix the problem. It lasted 32 days just more than 2 days over the warranty period. Now they say you have to pay again the same cost again.

DO NOT AND I MEAN DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR!! IT IS A PIECE OF CRAP!! ! I bought my side by side refrigerator in Dec. 2015. Six months later there was water under the crisper drawer and the freezer froze over. I cleaned the water from the crisper drawer thinking it was possibly a one time thing. It happened again, and again. I cleaned it up. I called Samsung in Dec. 2016 and they sent someone out to "fix it". Well by the time they came out and fixed it the 1 year warranty was up. It happened again and it was only 15 months old. They refused to do anything about it. And now the ice maker shoot is leaking water and the ice is slushy. I bought it from Conn's.

I purchased the French double door refrigerator in October 2016. In April 2017, it started making a noise. We called Samsung and we were told it wasn't properly leveled (Lowe's delivered and set up). They called back and said it would be 3 weeks before someone could look at it and they would refund our cost. Fast forward until today, still waiting on money, no calls returned as promised, on hold for 30 minutes at a time, multiple apologies, and they are only pay the cast of the refrigerator, taxes and fees are my problem. The worst company I have ever dealt with, incompetent employees that read off cards and overbearing. Only quick response came after I reported them to the Better Business Bureau in their home state of NJ. Don't buy anything with the Samsung name!

French door refrigerator. The worst hunk of junk second fridge in 5 years. First ice maker fan was replaced twice. Then the icing started in ice maker has to be cleaned every 2 weeks. Then behind panel in fridge loud fan noise. Service man came out 4 times to clean ice build up and replace heat element in drain. Well can you believe it did not work. So now I get to empty the fridge every 3 weeks, take the panel off to clean all the ice out around the fan and build up on the lines. The sad part is they know all about these problems and do nothing. Would never buy another Samsung again. Thank you Samsung for giving me some extra work to do every month.

My Samsung refrigerator that I bought a year ago last December today started making a strange noise. The ice maker has had continual issues but today I came home to a flashing panel and what looked like the freezer defrosting. I tried to ascertain what the problem could be and noticed a loud whirring noise but couldn't determine anything out of the ordinary. The ice maker was functioning fine, for once, but the freezer seemed to be defrosting. I tried several times to depress the panel button, to engage the Power Freeze function, and while it seemed by the numeric display to be responding, there was no cooling happening in the freezer area. The noise continued on and off and oddly the upper refrigerator part didn't seem to be affected, so far.

I called Samsung Support and asked for assistance and a service call. They came back to me saying it would be 2 business days from today which would then be Monday. Since now everything was defrosting and ruining in my freezer I asked if they couldn't expedite the service call. The CSR gave me the appliance repair company contact info and suggested I call first thing in the morning. I asked when he gave the number if it wasn't in another local because I recognized it as one far from my service area. He said not to be concerned about that. Well, when I looked up the information the company is located in Sarasota, FL and I live in the Mobile, AL area so I am concerned!

This is ridiculous and absurd for a 1.5 yr old appliance that should have at least a 10 yr lifespan minimum. What is happening here? I've bought several refrigerators but never one so expensive and certainly never one with so many issues. The CSR stated that if there was a manufacturing defect they would stand by the warranty and I certainly hope this is the case. This doesn't bode well after all of the complaint reviews I've read about their refrigerator line. Wish me luck, it appears I may need it!

I bought a $3500 Samsung refrigerator with "Easy connect" only to find out that it will not connect to an iPhone! This would be bad enough except that I spent 2 1/2 hours with Technical Support on the phone and then they insisted that they would send someone to my house to fix it. I had to take a complete day off work just to wait for them to show up. Text stated fridge could not connect.

Samsung Fridge RF28HFEDBSR. Yes another bad review. We bought the fridge 6/9/2014 when it was new and not more than a month old. The ice maker goes out. They replace the ice maker and 2 months later it freezes on us. This time they sent out a repairman with a hair dryer, yes, a HAIR DRYER and defrosted the problem. Fixed for 2 days. I have had the dance of the repair and replace for 3 years now. We keep buying the warranty and they keep fixing and replacing. You would think they would have a fix for this by now. Why haven't they offered to replace the fridge? I no longer own any Samsung products.

I just read all the terrible reviews on Samsung refrigerators and realize I am not alone. After a year my unit started filling up with water and ice in both bins. Upon removing the bins the bottom (under the bins) was covered with water and MOLD! When called, Samsung denied every having issues with their brand. Have had a service man come twice $$$, to no avail. I've decided I'll keep this lousy refrigerator for a few more months and DUMP it. It's not worth investing another penny! I thought about purchasing an appliance warranty, but I read the reviews and the too were awful! What's the consumer to do?

Please Please Please DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG REFRIGERATORS. They are nothing but problems. We purchase a Samsung mod # RF28K9380SG back on 06/10/2016 and pay $3,800.00 Dlls the unit friezes at the fridge, and just not work properly. The service tech came to my home tried to fix 3 times change some parts and the problem never was fix. We call Samsung all these times and they give us the run around, and we ask for a replacement because they can't fix the unit and they insist on send the tech again and again. Note, we call Samsung just 2 months after we purchased the unit. Also note the only have one month left and then the guarantee will expire. Samsung is paying the game because they know we will not have a way to have service the unit unless pay for it. PLEASE PLEASE HELP and do not buy Samsung products. Please if someone have any ideas. Thanks.

First and foremost, Samsung does not have a clue when it comes to customer service. They're blinded by their policies. As a matter of fact, they have a department that goes by the name of Executive Customer Relations (ECR) which is intended to be there to help with escalated issues and even the manager of this department who goes by the name of Prosper, admitted to me that there is nobody in the company that we, as customers, can speak to that has the ability to determine if a replacement product or refund should be made. You may let this be a warning, if you are reading this, that Samsung truly does not have customer service support if you come across any major issues with your products.

We have had our Samsung refrigerator for only 3 months and within the first 3 days we had our first service call for a defective water system. Then 2 months later the same issue and another major issue occurred and they plan to take our entire unit apart, and rebuild a brand new unit. I bought a brand new unit and do not wish to have a rebuilt unit as anyone in my shoes would feel. Unfortunately because they do not have a person who can help, I want to be sure that you, the consumer, has the chance to be forewarned about the reality of the customer service in this company.

At the end of the day, there are multiple reviews about Samsung quality issues and service issues. Trust what you read as I wish I did when I was shopping for this. I love their TV's as I have a few and have not had issues, but their appliances are not their strong point. Just be careful with Samsung and really think about if you want to deal with this. They have only 1 star on this Consumer Affairs page, which should speak for itself.

We bought a Samsung four-door refrigerator about 1 ½ years ago. It is running fine, but we are not happy with the various features. The French doors mean that there is no middle support for the shelves in the refrigerator - so all shelves are stationary. That leaves only a minimum of space for tall items (14" x 6") and the space on the door. Some of the newer ones have a flip up rack on the top left near the ice maker, but ours is screwed into place. The ice maker is in the refrigerator area and has been difficult. The ice is not frozen solidly and melts very quickly in a glass. The cubes tend to clump up near the top of the area where they dump. We have to clear that out every few weeks.

Then we went on vacation for a month and the ice maker was not dumping properly when we came back. Lots of consternation, letting thaw 2 times, hair dryer etc. Finally we found ice build-up on the dumping hinge and broke that up and finally the ice maker is working at the level that it was before our vacation. Can't tell you how many ice makers we have had in the past and never had half the problems. Especially because we went on vacation!

My family recently purchased a Samsung, french door refrigerator. We even purchased a 5-year warranty with this appliance and a lot of good that did us. After owning it 6 months, the ice machine kept thawing out and refreezing, never working properly. Then after a big whopping 1 year, the SAMSUNG FRIDGE COMPLETELY QUIT!!! We lost everything inside the fridge and went without a fridge for over a week and a half. And do you think SAMSUNG honored the warranty... Nope!!! Do you think they honored the full replacement... Nope!!! We still have a little loaner fridge because nobody can seem to help us. So I wouldn't recommend a Samsung fridge to anyone. Not only is it $expensive$, but it never worked properly and obviously the warranty is worth nothing.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Samsung is a Korean appliance company known for creating a wide range of electronics and home appliances. The company, based in Seoul, Korea, was founded in 1938.

• Technology: Samsung offers wi-fi connected refrigerators, letting users keep track of fridge contents and settings remotely.
  • Color options: The company sells refrigerators in a selection of colors, including stainless steel, platinum, white, black and more. These options let customers choose a refrigerator color that matches their kitchen.
  • Additional features: Samsung's refrigerators come with many additional features, like water filters, a showcase door and more.
  • Warranties: Customers have the option of purchasing extended warranties to cover damage or necessary repairs over the life of the item.
  • Sleek design: Samsung has a reputation for sleek, contemporary refrigerators that offer a modern, clean aesthetic.
  • Best for Homeowners looking for high-quality, high-tech refrigeration devices, and college students in need of small, affordable mini-refrigerators.

Compare Refrigerators