Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Samsung Refrigerator

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes smart vacuums, laundry appliances and kitchen appliances, including refrigerators. The company produces several models of refrigerators and includes a warranty. Samsung products are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

Pros

• Energy-efficient
  • Multiple designs
  • Top technology
  • Temperature control

Cons

• Can be pricey
  • Short return period

Bottom Line

Samsung refrigerators are built to last and come in a variety of sizes, styles and colors. Models include smart features, adjustable settings and sleek designs.

Top Samsung Refrigerator Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

There is lots of room to store food in it. The design of 4 doors with the option of making the third door a fridge rather than freezer space is good for large families. Plenty of ...

Verified

I needed a 24 inch deep refrigerator and this was just right. I've had the refrigerator for over 5 years and it has been good. The best part is if you have a problem, you call a n...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Samsung Refrigerators

Samsung offers five core refrigerator styles:

• 4-Door Flex
  • 3-Door French Door
  • 4-Door French Door
  • Side-By-Side
  • Top Freezer

Samsung refrigerators include a range of features and are available in a variety of sizes, layouts, colors and prices. Some key features include Wi-Fi connectivity, FlexZone, ENERGY STAR certification, autofill water pitchers and ice makers.

Depending on the model and age of your Samsung refrigerator, the warranty on its motor lasts five, 10 or 11 years. The manufacturer’s warranty for all other issues is two years from the original purchase date.

Customers can buy Samsung refrigerators at major retail stores, including Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe’s and locally owned appliance stores that carry Samsung products.

Samsung Refrigerators price

Samsung refrigerators cost from $700 to more than $4,500. The average price of a Samsung refrigerator is about $2,000.

The type, size, capacity and functions affect the price of a Samsung refrigerator. Refrigerators priced between $700 to $900 have limited features, including basic functions like an ice maker, while refrigerators that cost more than $4,500 include features like frame LED lighting, remote-view cameras and compartments with separate controls for temperature and humidity.

Discounts are available for military personnel, government workers, educators and students.

Samsung Refrigerators FAQ

Is there a class action lawsuit against Samsung refrigerator?
A class-action lawsuit was filed in 2017 involving a specific ice maker issue for a Samsung French-door refrigerator model. The lawsuit is currently in mediation.
How do you troubleshoot a Samsung refrigerator?
You can troubleshoot any issue with your Samsung refrigerator through the “Remote Support” or “Live Chat” options on the company’s website. You can also search for service locations and make a service request on the website.
How long do Samsung refrigerators last?
The average life of a Samsung refrigerator is around 15 years.

Are Samsung Refrigerators good?

Samsung refrigerators are sleek and spacious and offer top technology features and ENERGY STAR certification. Models with luxury features can be pricey, but many customers think the extra cost is worth the convenience the options provide. If the refrigerator’s functions suit your needs and the price is right for your budget, we recommend choosing a Samsung refrigerator.

Samsung Refrigerator Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Refrigerator?

Original review: July 8, 2021

I purchase a Samsung refrigerator in 11/2020 at Best Buy. At first it seems that it did not cool much. Ice machine is slow when the ice comes out. After 3 visits from Geeks they decide I needed to contact Samsung. So today was a 2 hour look to see what problem is, person on phone with another person trying to see what the problem is. My food was getting mold, so after he was told that the cooling system is at bottom and there is a flap that should open. They got the number of part, not sure how long will it be when the part will get here. Food is expensive as it is, so why don't they just give me my money back and quit trying to figure out what the issue is. This company should build TV and stereos and leave the appliance to people that know how to build.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

When I was going to buy a new refrigerator I started by checking on Consumer Reports website for best rated. 6 out of the top 10 best rated were all Samsung. I have the french door model with two drawers, one is a refrigerated drawer, the second, larger is the freezer. In the freezer is another drawer. I love it, the refrigerated drawer is used for quick snacks, lunch meats and cheeses and tortillas. We use drawer within the freezer drawer is great for separating small items or quickly consumed items.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I have owned my Samsung refrigerator for over 10 years and it still works as good as it did when I first bought it. Initially, I was reluctant to buy the fridge due to the over $2,000.00 price tag; but, I went ahead and bought it. I am so happy that I did; my family and I love it, and if ever comes the time where we have to purchase a new one, Samsung will be the brand we purchase. Samsung forever!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

We find this refrigerator answers all our needs especially with the snack drawer. It is very attractive also. This Samsung refrigerator has lots of room with variable adjustable shelving, deep bins, and a deep freezer drawer on the bottom. The water/ice dispenser is invaluable and has the option of cubes or crushed ice. The only maintenance needed is replacing the water filter every six months. Great size and value for a family.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

We have had the unit going on 9 or 10 years. Recently we have had a problem with the bottom freezer compartment freezing up. I have to remove both compartment and wait until the ice that has formed on the bottom area to thaw and remove the ice. Went to local dealer and was told that maybe that maybe the freezer door seal is worn. I inspected the seal and it still look good. Cleaned the seal as suggested yesterday. Now, I will wait and see what happens in the next few days. The setting for the freezer compartment is set a 8 degrees.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

I have spent as much money on my refrigerator as much I paid while purchasing it. Every 3 months it needs 5 to 10,000/ Rs for its maintenance. The company is cheating all its customers by selling substandard product. I would never ever recommend this product.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

My husband and I purchased a Samsung counter depth fridge in 2018. Ice maker froze up. Customer service said turn it off. Then the drawer controls quit working. Customer service would do nothing. Couldn’t get through the next time I called. Do not buy a Samsung refrigerator. Mine is 3 years old, ice maker doesn’t work, drawer controls are out and light in freezer is broken. Horrible product. I have a lot of Samsung products in my house, as they need replaced; it will be with other brands.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I would like to register my deep discontent how Samsung Appliances handled my order delivery, when I bought the delivery date was Sept 9th, then after 2 days I got a notification from a 3rd party company, XPO Logistics, saying they will only be able to deliver on Sept 10th, then 1 day before they called and postponed to Sept 20th. On that day they postponed again Oct 4th. So I've been leaving in my house without a refrigerator since then and the worst is that they have the refrigerator in the warehouse but cannot install it because they are overbook or whatever. So please you CANNOT TRUST on Samsung delivery dates and customer service.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

After all the repairs and fixes Samsung suggested including a new icemaker, icemaker tray, and the suggested special silicone repair around the inside of the icemaker compartment, this week my icemaker quit working all together! I will never trust Samsung again! We have fought this issue ever since we purchased this top-of-the-line French Door Refrigerator-Freezer. What a waste of almost $2000! We started having problems within a year of our purchase. Our date of purchase is June 2, 2017. Stay away from this manufacturer's French Door Refrigerator Freezer!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Model RS265TDBP Side by side. Problems with refrigerator evaporator coil freezing over and stopping the circulator fan. This is a very common problem and has reoccurred 4 times since purchased. Don't buy Samsung refrigerators. Do your research.

Samsung Refrigerator Company Information