Samsung Refrigerator

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased Samsung side by side counter depth refrigerator one year ago and the compressor has already failed. Samsung has been terrible to deal with. They cannot provide any certified repair person in my area so I hired someone to diagnose the issue but after 2 weeks and providing all the documents to Samsung still no resolution from Samsung. We also bought the entire kitchen package together and the dishwasher does a terrible job. Stay away from Samsung appliance.

We bought a Samsung French door refrigerator two years ago. Our ice maker has gone out and we need another one. Upon looking on the parts on the Samsung website it says "It is NOT available." Really? How do they think the people are suppose to fix the ice maker? The last refrigerator we had the ice maker went out in a year. We called the Co. and they said "It COULDN'T be fixed." What do they think we are suppose to do? Keep buying refrigerator? The next one I buy will NOT have an ice maker in the door.

Needed repairs within 3 years. Called first appliance repair company not with Samsung. Defrosted it and with service call charged me 296.00. Told me the noise and ice buildup was a compressor issue. Called Samsung and got a certified Samsung technician for another service call fee. Had the parts already to fix it. Apparently, they have problems with drainage, which backs up and causes freezing up. Not apparently under the warranty, though I am sure they know this French door model has these issues, or they would not have their technicians know exactly what is causing the issues and come prepared to fix it. I will never buy a Samsung refrigerator again. Rip off! I am $600.00 in the hole for repairs for their faulty design. They should stand behind their bad designs and fix them at no cost!

I never take time to write a review so please take the following seriously. This is the worst purchase I have made. The ice machine constantly freezes and creates an ice dam making it impossible to operate. The customer service is non-existent. The warranty is worthless. If you value your time and your money look elsewhere, do not be tempted by pricing. Not only would I not purchase another Samsung product, I wouldn't take one if it was given to me for free. Samsung Model RF22KREDBSR.

In March of 2015 my wife and I bought a Samsung 22.5 cu. ft French Door Refrigerator and the Samsung Protection Plus Plan. This refrigerator's initial cost was $2,498.40 and the Protection Plus Plan cost was approximately $700. Beginning in late June 2017 the ice maker began to develop problems making ice cubes and finally just made watered slushy ice. I called the Samsung phone number listed on the Protection Plus contract 1-800-726-7864 and explained the problem. First problem was I could barely understand the staff person I was speaking to. Secondly I further explained I had the extended protection plan and needed service. I was given a repair ticket number and told I would be contacted within 48 hours.

I received a call from a service company that Samsung contacted and was told there was a charge to come out and then additionally a charge for the repair. I was told their company did not accept the Samsung Protection Plan and to call Samsung back. It should be noted in my area there are VERY few repair companies that accept the Samsung Protection Plus Plan or even want to service their refrigerators. I was told by a repairman parts are very difficult to get. Subsequently I once again called Samsung and once again explained I need my refrigerator serviced under the Protection Plan. I will not go into detail of how many times I had to call Samsung which took a month to finally get the refrigerator supposedly repaired in late July 2017. However, even after the service repair the ice maker still does not function properly.

It is now early August 2017 and I once again called Samsung and explained to their staff the ice maker still is not working properly. I once again was given a repair ticket number and once again was contacted by the same company that wanted to charge for a service call. I did some research and found the phone number to Samsung Protection Plus Tech Support. I called that number and explained the problem and am still awaiting a call from the company that performed the last service repair. In conclusion, I would NEVER BUY ANY SAMSUNG APPLIANCE having experienced firsthand the quality of their product. Additionally, their Samsung Protection Plus Plan is a serious JOKE and is a total waste of money. I plan on submitting for a refund of the money we paid for the protection plan which is possible per information within the contract.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

In June 2015 we bought a new 2016 Fleetwood Bounder RV that had a Samsung french door residential refrigerator! We started having trouble with the fridge part getting to 50-60 degrees but the freezer remained at -2 11 months later! Samsung said it went out of warranty in March 2016, probably when it was installed in the RV! NOT when we took possession! They sent a repairman out and he claimed he fixed it but a few months later we had same issue!

They gave us a list of authorized repair businesses in our area. We have to take it back to Camping World where we purchased it so they can pull it out from the cabinet it is in. One business Samsung recommended won't work on one in an RV, another showed up before we were back from our trip and before the date we had the appointment set for!! Cannot get them to answer the phone and never return our call! The other was set up to be at Camping World last Thursday at 9 AM and the corporate office called at 6:30 Wednesday night and cancelled because they closed that location!

Samsung will not stand behind the crappy refrigerators they make! Why is anyone still selling this crap? Fleetwood says it is a Samsung warranty problem, Samsung says it is out of warranty although they never resolved the issue when it was under warranty and none of the authorized service centers will work on Samsung!! Camping World is no help! And our Good Sam extended warranty says it was a pre-existing problem! We are tired of living out of a cooler when we camp! We are frustrated that no one will claim responsibility for crappy merchandise! Fed up! I can't add pictures or any information because our RV is at Camping World waiting for a solution!

Design flaw in Samsung refrigerator model RF28HDEDBSR - Very Poor Quality. Purchased on 5/20/15. On 2/15/17, the fridge part iced over behind a plastic panel and stopped working. Something is wrong with the design. It makes a horrible noise when the fan is hitting the ice before it quits. On 8/7/17, it stopped working again after service for this problem on 6/26/17. The replacement part is on back-order! We wish we didn't buy this refrigerator.

We purchased ALL of our appliances in December of 2015 from a local Rosner's in West Palm Beach Florida where we bought all Samsung, w/d, dishwasher, stove, refrigerator and microwave. The ice maker never worked properly and from the first year we had problems. We had build up of ice in the freezer if we put too many items in it and had to use a hair dryer on occasion to defrost it so it would work properly.

We chose not to purchase the extended warranty but thought we would have little to no issues in the first few years at least. We chose NOT to install a Samsung brand water filter to save money but realized that was not a good idea. Now we are without ice, water and have spent an extra $200+ on repairman who can't figure out the problem. It is my first major purchase of appliances in my 50 years and I now know I should have listened to recommendations that Samsung has too many problems and they are too expensive to maintain and I should have got GE products. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. If you have any suggestions, we appreciate your input.

I, too, am in possession of a Samsung refrigerator with a rusting door. The fridge is 4 years old and the area below the ice maker is rusting through from water leaking down the inside of the door. I am very careful to remove the tray and dry the area with great frequency, to have avoided such a problem. Obviously it is a really bad design and should be replaced. This is not a question of warranty, but of a product that is deficient and Samsung should provide new doors as customer service. I will not make another purchase of any Samsung product.

I bought a Samsung RF28HMEDBSR French door refrigerator 12/11/15 and it is not working correctly. I called an authorized repairman and they have replaced the ice maker, ice bin, auger for ice maker, some kind of filter on the back and it is still the same. They now say I need 2 defroster 1 for the top and 1 for the freezer. I have already spent a lot of money on this sorry refrigerator. The ice maker is still freezing up, dripping water and not keeping proper temperature. I am very unhappy with all this on a 1 1/2 year old refrigerator. My repairman won't even answer my calls now.

My Samsung refrigerator is still under factory warranty (5-years). The freezer compressor, heat exchanger & filter dryer went out. Contacted Samsung at least 10 times over the past two weeks. Their contractor that does their warranty repair does not have any certified technicians in my area and advised me to go back to Samsung for them to locate a certified technician. Samsung states they don't have any certified technicians and they will refund me up to $1954.00 (key word "up to"). However it will take 10-14 days for their finance dept. to verify the amount and issue a check. That means 30 days without a freezer compartment.

I need ice to pack on my wife's leg for her knee replacement surgery. Temps. here in So. Calif. have been running between 100f and 114f. Constant running to store to obtain ice. The sad part is every time I speak with their rep. on the phone the issue will be taken care of in 3 days. Never will I buy a Samsung product again. Their service is terrible.

We have had our refrigerator for about 3 years, thank goodness we bought the extended warranty, when we started having problems it freezing up behind the back panel of the refrigerator. Also the temperature and humidity was good. The repairman came out 3 times, each time we had to empty the refrigerator let it thaw (actually, we couldn't store a lot in it because it wasn't cool enough). Finally Samsung wanted the repairman to film himself using this specific tool unclog a line, after a week they could not find the tool. According to the repairman this is a known problem for the Samsung refrigerators. Finally of weeks not being able to use the refrigerator, we got a replacement check. I love the design of the refrigerator but don't ever want to deal with this again. Now I am trying to figure out what brand to buy. I think they all have problems.

My husband and I needed a new refrigerator, after our Kenmore finally bit the dust. We opted to try a different brand, "Just because", I guess we wanted a change. We went to the big-box appliance store, hoping to find something fabulous! The salesman was pleasant enough, and he seemed to be knowledgeable about all of the brands they carried. We really seemed impressed with the Samsung. It was super bright, as it was really well lit on the inside. He touted the greatness of the "Cooling Door" feature, telling us it would keep our milk, OJ, etc nice and cold, and offer easy access so we wouldn't have to open the whole door to get our most-used items. It's never an easy task figuring out how an empty refrigerator will work when you load it up at home.

It wasn't a good thing, when the repairmen had to order a new door the day it got delivered, as it was non-functioning for the water/ice. It also was damaged, so I should have known we were in for it! I've had the repair techs out 4 more times in 2 years. The thermostat will not keep a steady temp. It either freezes everything, or it gets dangerously warm! We lost an entire refrigerator/freezer's worth of food to excessive warmth. I spoke with Samsung directly, and the rep told me to take all of the spoiled food out of the garbage, photograph it and send the photos to them! WHAT??!! It was right in the middle of the summer! No way were we going trash-picking! I purchased 2 thermometers specifically for refrigerators/freezers to monitor the temp. Never consistent... The ice dispenser leaks water down the front of the fridge, so I have to keep a washcloth on the cup holder shelf.

The front of the refrigerator is stained from the water on the stainless steel all the time. The inside has a crack right where you open the door. The freezer is horrible to utilize. The top drawer doesn't pull all the way out, so you cannot reach things easily. Because of the ice maker/dispenser, the inside shelves of the door hardly hold anything! I'm betting I am forgetting even more of the items that have been plaguing us since this unit was delivered. One repair tech even told me I should consider putting it out in the driveway for a garage sale, hoping someone would unload it from me! Please don't consider Samsung! They make great electronics, but appliances? NO WAY! I have a stove from Samsung that I shall also submit a review for as well.

We purchased a Samsung French Door Refrigerator from Lowe's with an extended warranty for five years. After two months, we had to call repair service because there was no ice. Once the item is sold, Lowe's refers all responsibility to their (I quote) "We have contacted Service Advantage with this issue. A&E Factory Service is the service provider and will be contacting you for a resolution within 5-7 days." Today is the 7th day and no response. We have had 7-8 service calls on this refrigerator 7 for the same problem. When we called for service the second time, Lowe's informed us that the Service technician would determine whether or not the service call is covered under the warranty, this made us hesitant to keep calling on the same problem.

We still have no ice and only promises from Lowe's that 'Service Advantage' would contact us. (Isn't that similar to asking the fox to check the hen house to see if any chickens are missing?) We contacted Service Advantage 8 times, repairs made 8 times, nothing worked. We were told by Lowe's store manager that after 7 calls on the same problem the item would be declared a lemon. Samsung Refrigerators are beautiful to look at, but are totally unreliable and everyone that you talk to that owns one says they have problems with the ice maker.

Ice Dispenser freezes up and water leaks and pools undecrisper. Samsung repairman came out and said it would cost over $300.00 to repair and that there was no guarantee that he could fix it. It's very suspicious that even the Samsung repairman didn't even want to try to repair it. Samsung should give up making appliances. I'm VERY DISSATISFIED WITH THIS PRODUCT!

We have had our Samsung french door bottom freezer with middle drawer model RF28HMEDBSRAA refrigerator for only 2 years. The ice maker has ruined this refrigerator. This will make a 2nd time in replacement. It continues to freeze up and not work until you try to chip away ice and hope it will then continue to work. It makes very little ice at a time and have to wait for more to make. When trying to get in the ice maker to unfreeze is very hard to get into. I do not recommend this refrigerator.

I remodeled my kitchen and bought all new appliances for continuity. Samsung had a special going on with interest free purchase so bought their refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave. I am having difficulties with their dishwasher and refrigerator. Let's talk about the dishwasher first (model number DW80J3020US). This dishwasher does not work well at all. I pre-rinse before I load and yet it does not wash dishes clean unless on heavy wash with sanitize option. Even then, sometimes the dishes are not clean. I called Samsung customer service and we did some troubleshooting over the phone. That did not work, so she sent someone to look at the dishwasher.

The repair man came. He was super rude and short, he turned it on then turned it off and said nothing is wrong with the dishwasher. I need to buy a different dish washing soap. I told him that the soap would not cause the dishes to have black particles on the dishes also that I pre-rinse. He stated that Samsung only recommends the use of one type of soap. Then he told me that if I call to waste his time again then there would be a charge.

My refrigerator (model number RF23HCEDBSR/AA) is only one year old and the ice maker is not working. I called Samsung and the customer service rep. stated that I need adjust the leveling of the fridge and check that my water supply is enough to the fridge. She claimed that the front of the fridge must be higher than the back. I did as she told me yet. NO ICE and the water trickles out. I told her this and she insisted that it is my fault. I asked her to send someone out and she said I would be charged. I WOULD NEVER recommend any of Samsung's products to anyone.

Let's start with rust. Within the first 8 months, the entire front of this stainless, EXPENSIVE refrigerator that I bought at HOME DEPOT, was COVERED in rust spots. Home Depot said to look to the manufacturer warranty. However Samsung wouldn't do ANYTHING because they said that it did not affect functionality. The HECK?! If you bought a brand new car and it was covered with rust within the first year, heck, 3 years, don't you KNOW that the manufacturer would have either replaced or corrected. This brand is for crap. Let go to functionality. The humidity controlled drawers do NOT control humidity. They are CONSTANTLY wet and RUIN the foods placed in them NO MATTER THE SETTING. We have to keep towels in the bottom or take up space with boxes of Arm&Hammer. Ridiculous. The setting print on the drawers has already begun to WASH OFF, yes WASH OFF with just regular wipe downs.

This year and a half old fridge looks and functions as if it's TEN years old. I can't wait to get rid of it. Maybe I'll buy one of their cell phones and blow it up. The ICE MAKER... Also terrible. The ice doesn't fall evenly or have a guard on the back. So all of the ice falls into the back of the tray. When you open it, a rush of ice falls out the back of the freezer drawer. No idea how much is back there at this point. I suppose I'll have to get it out eventually... Somehow. Smaller inconveniences: The shelves in this 'fridge are completely white, not clear. So any small jar or other item you have stored in them will never be seen. And will likely be forgotten.

Additionally, the glass shelves are not removable like so many other refrigerators. So if you experience a spill, there's no way of getting the substance out of the crevices of the plastic and the glass. I literally hate this refrigerator. It's utterly worthless. And is NOT QUIET. If you're looking to buy a fridge and interested in this one, I've got one I'll sell ya CHEAP.

I purchased a French Door Samsung refrigerator. The refrigerator is dripping water down the inside back wall which pools under the crisper drawers and freezes. The first time I realized this the ice was nearly two inches thick and the drawers were hard to open. I called the company while at work, to discuss the issue and the representative input the phone # I called from and called me by a coworkers name, gave me their home address and phone number and began to discuss their previous concerns. This was private information and I asked for his supervisor. He would not allow me to reach the supervisor and I disconnected the call after 15 minutes of continuous requesting. That began my customer service problems. I contacted Lowe's because I bought the item there with the extended warranty.

Many hours, calls, and visits to the store later, they couldn't locate the warranty at first, and finally informed me that the warranty had expired and they could send a repairman out at my cost. I explained the problem being a manufacture defect. Per the Lowe's manager, my model has not been reported as having the issue, but several other models have been reported with this problem. Turns out that you can pay $299 of $4000 for an appliance and the warranty Lowe's provides is one year. Higher cost does not mean better quality or service.

Back to the refrigerator... I was able to locate a video on YouTube of a gentleman taking the inside of the same model refrigerator apart to thaw/defrost the drain tube so the water would not pool inside the refrigerator. This self-repair job is not what I purchased when I paid $2000 for the item. I believe Samsung should be sued on our behalf by our government and banned from selling products in the United States. Where is the consumer protection in this country and why isn't something being done about the junk Samsung is allowed to sell in the U.S.? I will never purchase another item from Samsung! EVER! I hate to think of the damage they will continue to do to the consumers.

The organization is out for huge dollars and based on the rating of 1 star, they are not interested in keeping the consumer. After all, the original sale is where they get the big bucks! My advice to all consumers is NEVER BUY SAMSUNG PRODUCTS, PERIOD!!! I will continue to share my experience any way possible to prevent as many people from becoming victims of this company scam.

I bought a Samsung French Door refrigerator (model #: R-260B EAEBC) back in Jan of 2015. It keeps leaking water under the large vegetable drawer and down onto my floor through the freezer. My ice maker is totally inconsistent and when it does drop ice, it's very noisy. Samsung insists that it is NOT a manufacturing issue and refused to cover the cost of having anyone sent out to service it. I'm furious with them, considering how much I paid for that refrigerator. I finally submitted a class action law suit against them.

Besides the problem we are having with Samsung refrigerator, customer service department is a nightmare, in 10 days they called me to send same document that I already sent. Every time I called, I was given different information. I really don't know which one is true now.

We bought Samsung everything! From 2013-2015 we bought a stove, refrigerator, washer and dryer and none are now working. The refrigerator stopped making ice and when it was working we would have plastic pieces in our cup. After getting it repaired and paying the fees for them to come out and repair it 5 months later, the whole fridge doesn't work. It is no longer cooling or freezing anything and along with thousands of dollars down the drain for this refrigerator, hundreds of dollars on food is also gone.

We also bought a stove and the oven is no longer working. We use it as storage. The washer we bought was no longer spinning the clothes. So we replaced it with another product. The dryer who knows when that will stop working. I thought Samsung was a great company and their products would last long, but this is the worst thing to be wrong about. Thousands and thousands of dollars down the drain. Now we have to buy new appliances. Their customer service is no help and unfortunately we didn't read any reviews. Will never buy a Samsung product again and I will definitely post on social media and tell everyone looking for appliances to not purchase their products either, what a shame.

After less than three years our Samsung Refrigeration top has slowly gotten warmer and warmer. Samsung Phone support said "level the refrigerator" and that may fix it. Well that was way off. Didn't purchase the warranty, a big mistake. Samsung brand is Mud for me. The Technician said he is seeing many Samsung Refrigerators with this defrost thermostat issue. These Samsung refrigerators should be on re-call for this obvious defect. Do not buy Samsung!

#1. Ice maker froze up. From internet, learned this is a common defect. Had to trim plastic parts and dismantle ice maker to fix. #2. Very difficult to clean shelves and drawers. Gunk gets under glass and inside (!) of drawer fronts. You have to use a screwdriver to pry open plastic tabs. The prying process tends to chip the plastic permanently damaging the pieces. Other than these major design flaws, the refrigerator has kept food well. But being able to clean one's refrigerator easily without damaging it is such a basic critical design feature for me that I will steer me away from Samsung products in the future.

Only 2 years ago I bought the French Door refrigerator. Had problems with the ice maker but I figured I would put up with using a hair dryer every few months to get the frost/ice out. Then about 2 months ago, major fan noise. Then temperature goes to 54. Called Samsung. "Gee sorry it's not under warranty." "Well I need it fixed." "You have to use one of our certified repair companies." "When can they come out?" I ask. They couldn't get anyone out for 5 days. I needed a refrigerator fixed sooner. Had a serviceman come out. Main control board and heater both had to be replaced. $700. Then this week, same thing is happening. Called Samsung and they said someone would get back to me to schedule a repair. They contacted me 48 hours later, and tell me a repair person will be here in over a week. I see so many bad reviews reports... Why doesn't something happen with making Samsung do something about these similar issues???

I bought my fridge almost two years ago. And are nightmare start when are two doors fridge start mess it up. We call the support they told I have to call a repairmen. And the repairmen explain the problem is from manufacturer. So he explain the every time my freezer froze we have to unplug and let thaw and plug it again and it works, but we have to do it every two months which is headed we still saving up for another fridge but totally different brand. Now start making so many sound but I still don't know where it comes from exactly. So regret these brand. Should just stick to phones and not for appliances.

French door refrigerator is crap!!! Had my refrigerator less than two years, and it's completed frozen. Back piece on fridge has cracked due to this. Ordered a new part only to realize when taking back piece off fridge: everything is frozen; lines m, etc. Ice maker constantly leaked for the last 8 months. No help through Samsung or HH Gregg. Will never purchase a Samsung appliance again.

This is a product defect, and they are not standing by it. After two year this unit started rusting on the water and ice dispenser tray. We have sent several notes and called Samsung to rectify this. NO! This company does not stand behind its products. I used to like this company. I will never buy another product from Samsung. We sent in our proof of purchase, we made many phone calls and they said it was cosmetic and not covered. This product is embarrassing in my kitchen. Korean Krap. I will go buy any other product but Samsung to replace this refrigerator today.

I am finding all Samsung products are crappy made. I bought a fridge little over yr ago and ice maker stopped working within 2 months. Had tech I paid for come out look at it, claimed fixed problems. Month later ice maker froze up, stopped working. Called Samsung, they send a tech which they want me to pay for while under warranty. They act like they were doing me a favor by paying for it. 2 weeks later it has stopped again, whole unit frozen solid. I called and yet again they will not paid to have it looked at. Why should I pay another 2-3 hundred dollars on top of over $2000 spent to buy it. Reading all the reviews on here. Action should be taken against Samsung to make the products work as intended just like auto makers do recall their junk and make them fix the problems.

We purchased Samsung washer, dryer, & refrigerator from Lowe's on Hilton Head Island. Nothing but trouble. Motor in washer and icemaker in fridge went out. We had to wait 3 weeks to have our washer serviced because they did not have an authorized service person in area. Today we paid $90.00 for a Samsung service person to come from Savannah GA to tell us that we need a $300.00 motor for the icemaker... plus labor... next week! Oh and by the way... Lowe's is not carrying Samsung appliances anymore because of problems... go figure!!!

Compare Refrigerators