1.10/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Samsung Refrigerator

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

2559 Samsung Refrigerator Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Buyer beware. Samsung will not reimburse you for out of pocket expenses for repair of their refrigerator. I purchased a French door Samsung fridge in June 2017. I tried to remove the ice bucket. It was frozen, I called customer service, the fridge was only 3 months old. Samsung sent their appliance tech over to install a new ice bucket. The tech said to unplug the fridge so the ice would melt and he could replace the defective ice bucket. I said, "Then the meat & dairy products would spoil". I was told to put it all in the bottom freezer, with dry ice on top. I said, "Who will pay for the dry ice". Samsung will reimburse me for the cost of the dry ice. Well that never happened.

After numerous phone calls I decided to contact BBB in New Jersey to file a complaint. A rep from Samsung did call after BBB sent them my complaint. Well I got a different story from the Samsung rep. Samsung does not reimburse customers for their out of pocket expenses, even if their fridge is only 3 months old. This is a Billion Dollar Corp. I told the rep and Samsung won't refund me $51.00. KEEP AWAY from Samsung appliances unless you want a pile of problems.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I purchased a Samsung french door refrigerator model #RF23HCEDBSR/AA at Home Depot on July 4, 2016 to replace my still working 23 year old Kenmore refrigerator/freezer. I also purchased a 2 year extended warranty on it. Two weeks ago I noticed anything liquid being refrigerated was freezing solid. Internet research says most likely the main control board has failed and will need to be replaced. The part runs about $130. I contacted Home Depot and they gave me the purchase order number but claim that I didn't purchase an extended warranty. Unfortunately, I can't locate my receipt.

I did register the fridge with Samsung. I contacted Samsung and they advised me the fridge was out of warranty. To have it serviced would cost $160 just to come to my home and diagnose it. Parts and labor would be extra. So I'm looking at a minimal of $300 to fix something that shouldn't have crapped out after fifteen months. After reading that thousands of other US consumers are dealing with similar issues with their Samsung appliance purchases, I'm convinced this will be my last Samsung purchase until they make good on customer complaints and take action concerning quality control.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

My new Samsung refrigerator has the worse smell ever. It is so bad that it permeates the eggs, the carton on my yogurt, throughout the house every time we open the fridge door. We have emptied the fridge twice, thrown out perfectly good food, unopened containers in order to prove to the Samsung reps that it isn't bad food in the fridge. We have washed with baking soda and kept a box in the fridge. Samsung has changed out my ice machine only to find that it was cracked unbeknownst to me. They changed the rubber around the fridge doors (the gaskets) because this new fridge stopped closing correctly. They are changing out the hinges because they told me they are broken. The only thing they haven't done is figured out where the smell is coming from.

There are a number of consumer reports on this issue yet I am being told it's the food in my fridge. At this point it is a health issue. And even though they gave me an extended warranty for the door issue they tell me I will be charged in the future. I will NEVER buy SAMSUNG again. I bought my washer and dryer at the same time as my fridge to upgrade my appliances and I have never been unhappier with a company. I don't believe they will resolve this based on the attitude and the complaints I have read. I want a replacement for this defective fridge. It is just a year old.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Purchased stove, fridge, microwave. Within a month microwave acting up. Within 2 months fridge defrosts. Defective appliances. Samsung promises refund and new appliances. They make us jump through hoops while making promises including telling us to cut the electrical cord on the fridge to get refund and once we did that they stopped communicating and no refund or appliances. Absolutely disgusting people. They are sick. So much money to now own junk. My old appliances were much better. They stole our money and then put us through heck.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Looking for a new fridge freezer, there standing proudly is a Samsung American style Fridge Freezer, boasting a unique 10 year warranty on the fridge freezer COMPRESSOR. We had the item 2 years when the compressor failed and had it replaced, now a 2 further years on it fails again, we call Samsung and explain our problem with the 2 year old replaced compressor and Samsung proudly informed us YES indeed we will honour our pledge displayed on our Freezers and we shall supply you with a brand new compressor, Er BUT you will have to have it installed yourself as that is the extent of our warranty, the small print if you like, Yet another customer sucked in and duped by a multinational company. Well done. Senior citizens cough up for their own idiocy of believing the embossed sign on Samsung products. Shameful but cost effective.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

The SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR RF260BEASR/AA unit I purchased on 11/2015 has the same leaking problems under the crisper drawer that other Samsung models have. I searched the internet and discovered other people have the same issue and upon contacting Samsung they advised it's out of warranty and I will be charged $80.00 trip charge and $80.00 per hour service charge. Another design flaw my unit has is the freezer drawer dumps ice to the bottom of the freezer when it's opened. Maybe a class action lawsuit needs to be started.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My beautiful Samsung French-Door Refrigerator has caused us nothing but problems. Freezing up at the back of the unit, the ice maker worked well for about 12 months and then would jam and ice over, to the point where I can't open the ice cabinet any more. Have had 2 repairs done, and $800 later it's no better. It will be going out on the front lawn in about 2 weeks, as I think that's all the life that is left in her. Many of our friends have has the same issue... not sure why there hasn't been a recall on any of the parts that we had repaired. Try Googling "issues with Samsung fridges" - and the first thing that comes up is fridge icing over... hmm... I detect a theme here. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG FRIDGES!!! They blow...

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

RF18HFENBSR, less than 8 months old randomly stops cooling in both compartments. Temperature display indicates the SET temperature, not the ACTUAL temperature. No error codes (based on info from web searching the problem). If I unplug it, wait two minutes, then plug it back, the temperature displays will update to show ACTUAL temperature and unit MIGHT start cooling again. First tech "determined" it was the electrical outlet, so I moved it to another outlet. Since it started working, they decided the case was closed. When unit stop again, I called again. Samsung phone chat support says the unit needs support, but I can't get support to come out in less than a week. Meanwhile I have no refrigerator. According to my web research, this is a known problem with no known fix. It's been a total of three weeks.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

We bought what we thought was the refrigerator of our dreams a HORRID Samsung French door 2.5 years ago. From day one wires cut and stripped in electronic computer door. Replaced it. The refrigerator fan, the entire inside back of refrigerator went out conveniently 6 days out of warranty. Replaced 4 times. Horrible customer service. They were to condemn it because of outrageous repair 4 times. $509 repair each time cost of 2 new fridges. Different answer every time. Promised to condemn and give us our money back. Laughed in our faces. Tried to sell a $1,300 warranty much to an insult.

Will not buy a Samsung anything ever. Strongly warn all consumers not to buy Samsung anything. Buyer beware. Once they have your money you are nothing nag to them and will never get it back. They are better being held accountable in a court of law for everything. They deserve a -5 star rating. Just read this month the CEO is in jail for taking bribes. That tells it all. There's your answer. Samsung has nothing to offer or give you if you dare buy junk from them. I'm telling you DON'T EVER BUY SAMSUNG EVER!! Very unhappy and fed up with their lies in giving our money back. Liars!!! Different story every call and hang up 3-5 times every time you call. Buyer beware of their unreliable poorly built everything!!! Very I'm happy. Gck shopper.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Our less than 2 year-old Samsung refrigerator is a POS. Ice maker either does not make ice or freezes big blocks and jams. Water pools in the crisper drawers and pools under the shelf and freezes. Samsung refuses to acknowledge this problem despite tens of thousands of similar complaints. DO NOT buy any products from these creeps.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Purchased a Samsung refrigerator back in June. After 2 failed deliveries with damaged doors, Finally had 3rd fridge delivered on Sept 30th without problems. Called the Samsung company on many occasions regarding the problem. The Samsung company offered me a $150.00 gift card for our troubles. Today called to follow up on the gift card NOTHING!!! They will not honor their promise of the gift card for our troubles. Worse customer service I have ever experienced. The ABSOLUTE WORSE!!! Buyer Beware after purchase they forget about you and anything to do with their product.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We have had all of the same ice maker issues. Samsung keeps saying that there are no reported issues. When I give them links, they say that they don't have internet access. Wow. They should be ashamed of their customer service. They want us to have a repairman come out, but it seems that no repairman has ever fixed the ice maker issue. I get it when things break. That happens. But when the design is the issue, Samsung should step up. We followed the Samsung service bulletin to no avail. It is very clear that this is a major design flaw. The newer units (ours is two years old and Samsung acts like it is thirty years old) are redesigned. Their CEO was just sentenced to jail for bribery of government officials. That says it all.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

We bought this refrigerator at Lowe's Dec 2012. Sale price was $1400.00 plus tax. Our problems started about 2 years after we bought the unit. Every 2-3 months this refrigerator will start making a terrible loud noise that will stop when you open the door. After read other reviews we realized that we have to take out all of food and defrost this freezer overnight due to a build up of ice on the fan in the refrigerator side. Not only is it annoying to have to do this plus losing so much food due to this problem. I will never buy another Samsung Appliance! I'm sure I'm not the only consumer out there that feels this way!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I have bought Samsung refrigerator model RT37K3763S. This so called refrigerator cost me 37750 K in year 2016. Only first few days it worked fine. Then I've started accumulating everywhere in freezer, its ducts and cooling for lower section gone. They changed the door in first few months. Now it's one year and out of warranty.

I have same complaint after every 15 days. Standard answer is shut it down for 24 hrs... Then someone comes and changes the sensor... Someone comes and fixes the gasket... I have got loads of food wasted because this fridge just stops cooling after every few days. Multiple complaints with Samsung. They are not ready to accept that it's a faulty product. I feel completely cheated with this product and service. The company doesn't even know what the root cause of this issue is... Very poor service.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Unless you enjoy taking your fridge apart for a couple days on a routine basis to remove a back inner panel, defrost the inner workings, and then it all back together again, I do not recommend this product. We've taken it apart at least six times in the last three years. It is poorly designed. There is a clip that is supposed to help keep an evaporator drain defrosted, but it is too short. The drain freezes up, the ice backs up, goes all throughout the cooling coils, up into the wires and fan--all frozen into one solid block. I finally found a replacement clip that is longer. It is supposed to be here tomorrow--until then I have the fridge. This problem is well documented throughout the internet and this should be fixed by warranty. It's ridiculous and has soured me on Samsung entirely.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

As many of us do I bought my Samsung four door refrigerator on sale at Lowe's. I paid $1,800 for a nearly $3,500 unit. I thought I was getting an awesome deal. Then the ice maker started acting up and I had to have it repaired about every 3 months until they deemed the unit defective but the repairman had told me several occasions that he come that he had prepared multitude of the exact same problem the ice maker in that exact same unit. So I tell Samsung that I really don't want to get the same unit and they you know I had been originally told that repair place it was something better. Better means more valuable and or a newer model or the exact same thing one. Now I'm being told that I have to take the $1,800 that I paid for it which I can't replace it for because it's not on sale right now and pretty much eat it even though I just bought two other matching Samsung appliances. I am pretty furious and I hope that this gets resolved.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Samsung French Door Refrigerator - I purchased a new Samsung refrigerator in January 2017. I bought a black surface to match my other appliances. I have been seeing scratches on the door surface around the handles and called Samsung today regarding this defect in the paint. I was advised that the damage was not under warranty and would require a service call. The repair company advised that there would be a $110 fee to come look at the damage, Not only that but the only way to repair would be to order new doors. I am pretty sure that the scratches were caused by our fingernails when reaching for the handle. I guess we need to use gloves every time we open the refrigerator! I will never buy another Samsung product.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I am tired and fed up! I bought a side by side refrigerator and have no success getting resolution for the ice buildup which is constantly reoccurring in the back of my unit. They have sent the technicians countless times without success. I received a call from Samsung last week to ask me how things were. I told them that it was still doing the same thing after the many visits. Each time a technician showed up, they stated that they were not going to be able to fix the issue but had to initiate the specific instructions for repair before Samsung would provide a voucher or some other method of enabling me to go and get a replacement.

When I talk to them the other night they created another case number with instructions. The tech came today, called Samsung and let them know that the refrigerator was not repairable as provided in the instructions. The rep on the phone said, "It doesn't work like that." Well you know what else doesn't work like that? Willingly offering a product to the consumer which you know has repetitive like kind issues and failing to prevent a product with well-known and documented faulty design or function to be sold with intent of telling your customer; I'm not going to make good on my promise, I really don't care that you're having issues, I'm not interested in knowing whether you are happy or not and It doesn't work like that.

I have been cooperative and have done everything I have been asked to do by your representatives and this has gone on for 2-1/2 months straight now. It seems clear that you have no intent on standing by your product. I believe your warranty policy is deceptive to say the least. I don't think I'm asking too much. I got a problem, and I just want it fixed without further delay. It looks like there are plenty of others who share the same sentiment. I don't want to have to take legal action, please don't make me.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I have an 8-year-old $2000 brushed aluminum Samsung refrigerator. Recently I noticed that it was not cooling properly so I called Samsung, gave all product info, and was referred to a repair facility (Cyberworld in Norcross, Ga). The Samsung tech who came to diagnose problem informed me that my fridge was too old to fix and that I should just buy a new one. I was charged a $95 diagnostic fee, even though the tech did nothing except open the fridge and tell me it wasn't worth fixing.

I called Samsung on 9/1 (more than 3 weeks ago) and have called back every business day since then to get some sort of customer service. Each Samsung rep tells me something different. I ask names and employee numbers, take notes on each conversation, and all calls are supposedly recorded. Yet the Samsung rep who takes my call NEVER knows anything, always tells me that my claim is being escalated, and I will receive a call back from supervisor within 24-48 hours. How many calls have I received during this 3-week period? Zero, zilch, nada... NOT ONE!!! I am done with shoddy Samsung products. I am done with appallingly bad Samsung customer service. Samsung, YOU SUCK.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

VERY disappointed with Samsung. We purchased all Samsung stainless steel appliances less than 4 years ago. ALL have had continuous problems. Fridge ice maker always jams up with ice and cracked the inside, Back panel of the fridge freezes up causing the fan to stop and have to unthaw entire fridge every time. (Bye bye to all your groceries while it takes all day to warm up).

Dishwasher racks now need tie straps to hold them up as the brackets continuously crumble into pieces, and we have had to take off the front panel and fix electrical problems, door seal leaks and dishes are ALWAYS coming out dirty. Tried every brand of soap, jet dry, even rinsed dishes before they go in. We even have the one that is suppose to gar-borate your food, doesn't work!

Samsung STOVE: electrical plug melted my toaster cord, glass top cracked on its on, Yes, I'm very careful and it didn't have a scratch on it, ON ITS ON, while warming up, it cracked. I'm very disappointed and hope NO ONE buys from them. What a waste of money when they can't even make it 4 years. And don't bother phoning into Samsung, They are absolutely no help if you are past 1 year warranty.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I'm in the same boat. Samsung Fridge ice maker worked fine for 2 years, now it is dead. Exact same issues as everyone else. Have had it serviced multiple times, last person that looked at it said it was basically not repairable. Stay away from Samsung and LG products! No more Korean products for me. The service rep. I talked to recommended GE and Whirlpool.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

The worst product I bought last year, Samsung 5 in 1 551L RT56K6378SL/TL refrigerator. Do not burn your hard earned money on Samsung India products. I bought the refrigerator for Approx 68000/- and the motherboard on it went bad as if the timer was set to go bad when out of warranty after one year. Now they want to charge me another Rs4000/- to replace the motherboard. Samsung India uses all faulty, substandard products. DON'T BUY anything from Samsung India.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

We bought the Samsung Refrigerator Aug.2012 model #RF217ACBP, French doors with Freezer at the bottom. Have been disappointed that it started freezing everything in the vegetable drawer. We have had two different repair companies out to work on it, one of which is authorized repair shop. Within a few weeks it is back freezing the veggies again. We thought we were buying a quality product but now we think not. We are not pleased that the only fix is every few weeks we have someone out to thaw out the line. The repairman has called in to Samsung for a permanent fix. We will not buy another Samsung refrigerator.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I too have purchased the bundle deal and I am having issues with the ice maker freezing up at least twice a month. The stove top has scratches even though I use a high quality set of pots & pans. Now I have what looks like small bubbles under the glass top. All I can say is never buy SAMSUNG. Fridge Model # RF28HMEDBSR/AA Stove model # NE595ROABSR/AA purchased 11/20014.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I bought a Samsung 4 door convertible refrigerator 3 years ago. Several months ago the top refrigerator compartment was no longer cooling. I visited the Samsung website and created a service ticket. Within a couple days I had a Samsung technician at my home to diagnose and repair my refrigerator. After 15 minutes the tech informed me that my refrigerator was unrepairable. The technician said my refrigerator had a 5 yr warranty on the closed system and he would upload pictures and his report to my service ticket and I should expect a call from Samsung within a couple days.

Following two weeks, numerous phone calls, and hours on hold I received an offer from Samsung to buy my refrigerator back for the purchase price plus tax. At this point I was relatively satisfied even though my family had been without a refrigerator for over two weeks. That was 5 weeks ago and still no check and no resolution in sight. I have contacted Samsung numerous times and all I get is excuses and runaround. I had read numerous complaints about Samsung's poor customer service, but I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt; they have failed me. Needless to say there will never be another Samsung product in this house. Appliance buyers beware.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I recently purchased a 22.2 cubic foot Family Hub 2.0 refrigerator. All I can say is that this is one of, if not THE best I've ever purchased. It's very handy to be at the store and be able to look inside my fridge to see what I need. I can't imagine having any other type of appliance, and will use Samsung for all of my appliances.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

New Samsung refrigerator installed June 15, 2017. On Sep 6, 2017 (less than 3 months later), it stopped cooling. We are still waiting on it to be repaired or replaced. Getting the runaround and now the compressor finally arrived but it was damaged. What a JOKE! I'd like to give this a negative 5 stars.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

5-yr-old fridge a total loss - NEVER buying SAMSUNG fridge again! Lasted 5 years. Stopped cooling completely. Independent appliance repair pro told me that these products are terrible. To fix, would have to either replace a $400 motherboard, or an $800 compressor. Fridge was around 1200 new. Samsung customer service of no help past 1 year warranty. Absolute garbage. Samsung fridges SUCK!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I have a Samsung Refrigerator model RF263BEAESRAA purchased on 6/13. Ice seems to build up on bottom of ice maker & also around ice dispenser rod to the point in which it'll freeze solid & will no longer dispense ice. Every week I'm having to dump out semi-melted ice out of the ice jammed dispenser & ice that's build up that's located under the ice maker. Having replaced ice maker, motherboard, auger motor & fan assembly. It's still doing the same thing as far as ice building up.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Samsung RF4267hars/xaa refrigerator - Bought this pile of garbage, (first new fridge I ever bought and paid 2 grand) and just before the warranty ran out I started having problems with loud noise coming from the back of the unit. Then the freezer stopped working. Samsung blew me off repeatedly until the warranty ran out. An appliance repairman came and said many units having the same issue and took apart the freezer back and used my hairdryer to melt the ice keeping the fan from spinning. Dried everything off and it ran well for a while until the issue returned so periodically I have to empty the freezer and heat the back, unplug the unit and hope it runs. Now the ice maker isn't producing ice. I don't have any money left to replace this unit so I'm stuck with this and losing food as well. If there is a class action suit against Samsung, will someone let me know so I can join?

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a Korean appliance company known for creating a wide range of electronics and home appliances. The company, based in Seoul, Korea, was founded in 1938.

• Technology: Samsung offers wi-fi connected refrigerators, letting users keep track of fridge contents and settings remotely.
    • Color options: The company sells refrigerators in a selection of colors, including stainless steel, platinum, white, black and more. These options let customers choose a refrigerator color that matches their kitchen.
    • Additional features: Samsung's refrigerators come with many additional features, like water filters, a showcase door and more.
    • Warranties: Customers have the option of purchasing extended warranties to cover damage or necessary repairs over the life of the item.
    • Sleek design: Samsung has a reputation for sleek, contemporary refrigerators that offer a modern, clean aesthetic.
    • Best for: Homeowners looking for high-quality, high-tech refrigeration devices, and college students in need of small, affordable mini-refrigerators.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs