Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Samsung Refrigerator

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes smart vacuums, laundry appliances and kitchen appliances, including refrigerators. The company produces several models of refrigerators and includes a warranty. Samsung products are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

Pros

• Energy-efficient
  • Multiple designs
  • Top technology
  • Temperature control

Cons

• Can be pricey
  • Short return period

Bottom Line

Samsung refrigerators are built to last and come in a variety of sizes, styles and colors. Models include smart features, adjustable settings and sleek designs.

Top Samsung Refrigerator Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

There is lots of room to store food in it. The design of 4 doors with the option of making the third door a fridge rather than freezer space is good for large families. Plenty of ...

Verified

I needed a 24 inch deep refrigerator and this was just right. I've had the refrigerator for over 5 years and it has been good. The best part is if you have a problem, you call a n...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Samsung Refrigerators

Samsung offers five core refrigerator styles:

• 4-Door Flex
  • 3-Door French Door
  • 4-Door French Door
  • Side-By-Side
  • Top Freezer

Samsung refrigerators include a range of features and are available in a variety of sizes, layouts, colors and prices. Some key features include Wi-Fi connectivity, FlexZone, ENERGY STAR certification, autofill water pitchers and ice makers.

Depending on the model and age of your Samsung refrigerator, the warranty on its motor lasts five, 10 or 11 years. The manufacturer’s warranty for all other issues is two years from the original purchase date.

Customers can buy Samsung refrigerators at major retail stores, including Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe’s and locally owned appliance stores that carry Samsung products.

Samsung Refrigerators price

Samsung refrigerators cost from $700 to more than $4,500. The average price of a Samsung refrigerator is about $2,000.

The type, size, capacity and functions affect the price of a Samsung refrigerator. Refrigerators priced between $700 to $900 have limited features, including basic functions like an ice maker, while refrigerators that cost more than $4,500 include features like frame LED lighting, remote-view cameras and compartments with separate controls for temperature and humidity.

Discounts are available for military personnel, government workers, educators and students.

Samsung Refrigerators FAQ

Is there a class action lawsuit against Samsung refrigerator?
A class-action lawsuit was filed in 2017 involving a specific ice maker issue for a Samsung French-door refrigerator model. The lawsuit is currently in mediation.
How do you troubleshoot a Samsung refrigerator?
You can troubleshoot any issue with your Samsung refrigerator through the “Remote Support” or “Live Chat” options on the company’s website. You can also search for service locations and make a service request on the website.
How long do Samsung refrigerators last?
The average life of a Samsung refrigerator is around 15 years.

Are Samsung Refrigerators good?

Samsung refrigerators are sleek and spacious and offer top technology features and ENERGY STAR certification. Models with luxury features can be pricey, but many customers think the extra cost is worth the convenience the options provide. If the refrigerator’s functions suit your needs and the price is right for your budget, we recommend choosing a Samsung refrigerator.

Samsung Refrigerator Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Refrigerator?

Original review: July 8, 2021

I purchase a Samsung refrigerator in 11/2020 at Best Buy. At first it seems that it did not cool much. Ice machine is slow when the ice comes out. After 3 visits from Geeks they decide I needed to contact Samsung. So today was a 2 hour look to see what problem is, person on phone with another person trying to see what the problem is. My food was getting mold, so after he was told that the cooling system is at bottom and there is a flap that should open. They got the number of part, not sure how long will it be when the part will get here. Food is expensive as it is, so why don't they just give me my money back and quit trying to figure out what the issue is. This company should build TV and stereos and leave the appliance to people that know how to build.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

When I was going to buy a new refrigerator I started by checking on Consumer Reports website for best rated. 6 out of the top 10 best rated were all Samsung. I have the french door model with two drawers, one is a refrigerated drawer, the second, larger is the freezer. In the freezer is another drawer. I love it, the refrigerated drawer is used for quick snacks, lunch meats and cheeses and tortillas. We use drawer within the freezer drawer is great for separating small items or quickly consumed items.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I have owned my Samsung refrigerator for over 10 years and it still works as good as it did when I first bought it. Initially, I was reluctant to buy the fridge due to the over $2,000.00 price tag; but, I went ahead and bought it. I am so happy that I did; my family and I love it, and if ever comes the time where we have to purchase a new one, Samsung will be the brand we purchase. Samsung forever!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

We find this refrigerator answers all our needs especially with the snack drawer. It is very attractive also. This Samsung refrigerator has lots of room with variable adjustable shelving, deep bins, and a deep freezer drawer on the bottom. The water/ice dispenser is invaluable and has the option of cubes or crushed ice. The only maintenance needed is replacing the water filter every six months. Great size and value for a family.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

We have had the unit going on 9 or 10 years. Recently we have had a problem with the bottom freezer compartment freezing up. I have to remove both compartment and wait until the ice that has formed on the bottom area to thaw and remove the ice. Went to local dealer and was told that maybe that maybe the freezer door seal is worn. I inspected the seal and it still look good. Cleaned the seal as suggested yesterday. Now, I will wait and see what happens in the next few days. The setting for the freezer compartment is set a 8 degrees.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

If you are getting robbed and robber ask you choose between losing all your money & buy Samsung refrigerator; chose getting robbed. Buying & using a Samsung Appliances will be more expensive in longer run.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Don’t ever by Samsung refrigerator, I paid 3500$ for the Samsung fridge bought in 2016 February, it used to frost every month when it was working. It died in December 2021. Died means not repairable, I was like how come 3500$ unit be not repairable in just over 5 years, so I paid 3 technicians to come over and take look at it, guess what I paid almost 500 for their visit and they all had same thing to say, it’s not fixable. Never ever am I going to buy another Samsung again, and I advise same to others.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR. My old broke down in 5 years and they refuse to repair. Moreover they had audacity to say that throw this. I bought it for 55000 INR and the response I get from them is really disappointed. Never ever buy Samsung. Even service engineer says that the quality has gone down

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

We purchased a set of Samsung appliance four years ago. After two years our ice maker was out of order. Beside that several interior components of our fridge are cracked, chipped and glued and zip tied due to how FRAGILE it is. After that the mother board of our range was out of order too. Called for service and $200 later was up and running. But not too long after the largest electric burner stopped working. As of today our dishwasher is COMPLETELY broken. To anyone reading this, please don't assume our family was rough with our appliance leading to this kind of issues. We always took good care of them and not only that but my wife and I both work in the food industry and know how to handle kitchen appliance commercial/residential. We've warning anyone we know to not commit the same mistake we committed. Hope you would do the same. Good luck with your choice.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I purchased my 3 door Samsung fridge freezer in June 2021, after 4 weeks I noticed the ice machine wasn't making ice so I contacted Samsung, I managed to reset the ice machine and within 24 hours had ice. Then broke down again. 2 weeks later in July I had an engineer call and replaced the ice machine ...Then last week the ice machine didn't produce any ice at all! I reset, still nothing, unplugged the fridge to hopefully restart and still no ice. I've contacted Samsung and still waiting for someone to replace my 5 month new icebox. Still no reply 1 week later!

Samsung Refrigerator Company Information