Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Samsung Refrigerator Reviews

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Samsung fridge with the drink drawer is the smarter purchase I've made! I purchased the 'Samsung - 28.2 Cu. Ft. 4-Door French Door Apps Refrigerator with Thru-the-Door Ice and Water - Stainless steel -Model:RF28HMELBSR" 3 years ago and have never regretted it. The fridge is a powerhouse with cool features. The drink drawer is SO awesome! It keeps our soda and beer cool and out of the way! It has a mini-touchscreen that plays Pandora, shows our calendar, weather and news, plus has an app for drawing notes. The connection isn't always stable and the phone mirroring app never worked, but I don't care. It's really cool. Keeps the food fresh, the freezer is large and has a drawer for small items as well. The shelves are movable and it looks lovely. I totally recommend it!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

We love our Samsung Smart French Door refrigerator! It is counter-depth, with the black fingerprint resistant finish. Beautiful appliance that really looks fantastic in our kitchen. This refrigerator has a surprisingly large food capacity. It has the 4-zone drawer, adjustable shelves, ice maker and water in the door. One of my absolutely favorite feature of this refrigerator though is the built-in pitcher inside of the door. It can be used as a fruit infusion pitcher and it automatically refills itself! The bottom freezer has two drawers with separations and makes organization easy.

The four zone refrigerator drawer makes it easy to find snacks or other often used items. The easy access door with removable handled baskets is very handy and energy efficient. This refrigerator also has the smart feature that I can access at any time on my phone. We bought this refrigerator when it was on sale; otherwise I would say that the price would be kind of prohibitive. Otherwise, I hardily recommend this refrigerator!

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

This refrigerator is one of the best we have ever had. Being a Navy family, we are always on the move, resulting in new appliances every few years. We found early on that selling our used appliances before a move, was more cost effective than risking damage to them. Samsung refrigerators are priced well, energy efficient, as well as nice to look at. I love the french doors and freezer on the bottom. The middle drawer is the favorite feature in this house. Putting the most used items in the drawer, saves opening the doors to the top storage area so many times each day. The crisper drawer lives up to its name, keeping lettuce fresh and crispy as long as 10 days.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

We bought our Samsung from Lowe's. It was on sale and with my veteran's discount, it was a great price. We are empty nesters and the size of the fridge is perfect for us, with ample door storage. Lots of freezer space also. We love the filtered ice/water through the door options. The stainless steel is so easy to keep clean and looks really sharp. Temperature controls actually work where in some other brands we have owned they were more like idiot gages, nonfunctional. We have owned it six years now and still loving it. Only thing I would change is the location of the water filter. Put it up top so an old man like me does not have to lay down to make the change.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I like my my Samsung 4 door. I did compare many size and one of the important thing was the ice maker. Most ice maker goes into the door now and don't hold a lot of ice. Damn, it is main thing for many, Ice. This one has a long tray and it does make 4 trays of ice. Had a Kenmore before side by side. Doors don't open wide enough. This one does. The freezer is very big and like the setting that I can set for -8 degrees. Important if you go fishing for Tuna. At 32 degrees you have to eat up Tuna within 3 months. Zero degrees and below, can hold tuna up to a year. Properly seal up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

This service request on a new fridge was a nightmare. Thier service company OMB/friends tek is so unprofessional. They called me to schedule time. Hung up on me the first time. They did not call back, but put in notes that I hung up on them.When I called back, waited on hold 45 mins. Then was disconnected. Called back. Waited 30 more minutes. They pressed que to leave a message. I got a message that voicemail was full and told me to try my call later. They tried again to call me 2 days later. I called right back and went through the same scenario. 3rd time they called, I answered and was able to s he duke a service call 1 week later. This whole time I have been calling Samsung customer service with no resolution. They in fact, said they also could not get through to the repair vendor and I should keep trying.

Day of appointment- I get a text from Tech telling me he will be there in 4 hour window. I asked if he had a slide protector for the floor (which is standard issue for appliance delivery and repair, and what the installers used). He said no. He told me if to have the fridge moved out away from cabinet before he got here. I advised I could not do that as it was too heavy. He advised me to reach out to place I purchased as he would not move. He only replaces parts or repairs. I contacted Samsung, who again could not help and advised me to contact Home Depot.

I contacted Home Depot and explained the situation. They sent out a manager with slide pads and he moved fridge out and placed slide pads under the fridge. Repair tech came out. He showed up in an unmarked personal vehicle with another man with no uniform. How unprofessional. All he wanted to talk about was how he was not going to be responsible for property damage. We determined what the issue was, which turned out to be an installation issue. We also purchased a dishwasher with this fridge. We spent over $4000 and this has been one of the worst experiences I have had with a purchase. Samsung's failure to respond appropriately and ongoing issues with this vendor(as referenced in online reviews) will cause me to never buy a Samsung product again (we also have 2 Samsung TV’s).

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Bought the entire kitchen appliance four years ago. Two years later the ice maker stopped working and few months ago the name is peeling off. Already spent 150 trying to fix the ice maker and no luck. Called Samsung and they will send a repairman and charge 360 something, parts not included. Haven't called for name peeling off since it would be a total waste of time. I wish I had gone with LG.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I bought the French Door Fridge 18 months ago. I love the look. I love the storage space. Hate the knocking although that has improved a great deal after six months, and after they suggested I switch the Ice button to off - since I don't use it. It still Pops, Snapples and Cracks a bit but that is probably normal for most refrigerators. My main beef is the crisper drawers. Rather than be just one piece, the front of the crisper comes off to enable cleaning in the crack where the pieces join. (If it was only one piece, there would be no cracks to accumulate food bits.) Why they decided to build a crisper that needs to be disassembled and reassembled I can't fathom.

Anyway, one needs a screwdriver to pry open the thin plastic latches that keep it together. You guessed it! I broke one side of one of the latches and now I need to use bother hands when I pull it out to make sure I don't break the hinge on the other side. Normally, I would just buy a new drawer. Samsung uses independent companies to sell their parts. The price? $120 CDN!!! I thanked them and went out and bought plastic Glue. And as I write this, I think I will fill the crack with plastic glue too. I wished this had happened two weeks ago before I bought a Samsung Range and Dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I purchase this Samsung refrigerator three years ago. It’s been very noisy from day and recently it started leaking water and iced up even though it's a frost free fridge. It not cooling food properly and it stop working altogether six days ago. I now have to purchase a new refrigerator. I will never been buying any Samsung appliances again. I feel totally ripped off.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I purchased a whole suite of Samsung products less than 2 years ago. The washing machine has a slow leak, the oven works ok, however the fridge is a nightmare. Don't expect the ice maker to last more than a year. Also the freezer gets pretty heavy when loaded and the handle is held on by a flimsy piece of plastic.

Ours broke after a year and a half and we were told that it is 'way out of warranty'. I kind of expected a handle to last more than 19 months. On top of that there is no easy fix. It isn't just replacing the handle. It's all of the mechanics in the door, they actually told me via chat that this is not something you can fix. It needs a service call from a licensed Samsung repair shop. So hundreds of dollars just to fix my door handle. Upon searching this issue there are hundreds of people with this problem. Samsung has great electronics but I will never buy another Samsung appliance, there's a reason they are generally cheaper than the rest.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a Korean appliance company known for creating a wide range of electronics and home appliances. The company, based in Seoul, Korea, was founded in 1938.

• Technology: Samsung offers wi-fi connected refrigerators, letting users keep track of fridge contents and settings remotely.

• Color options: The company sells refrigerators in a selection of colors, including stainless steel, platinum, white, black and more. These options let customers choose a refrigerator color that matches their kitchen.

• Additional features: Samsung's refrigerators come with many additional features, like water filters, a showcase door and more.

• Warranties: Customers have the option of purchasing extended warranties to cover damage or necessary repairs over the life of the item.

• Sleek design: Samsung has a reputation for sleek, contemporary refrigerators that offer a modern, clean aesthetic.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for high-quality, high-tech refrigeration devices, and college students in need of small, affordable mini-refrigerators.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team