1.28/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 20, 2018

2737 Samsung Refrigerator Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

I recently had problems with a 5 year old Samsung refrigerator. To my surprise, most repairman refuse to work on Samsung appliances. In fact the first three turned me down and the forth said unfortunately he works on them. After hearing all of them tell me about how bad they are and referred to them as money pits, I decided to cut my losses. I have never run across a product so berated by people in that industry. The sad thing is everyone still pushes them instead of standing up and refusing to sell.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Full disclosure, this is all on me. Now that I've seen how poor their service is, I'm looking at all these reviews, and thinking I should have done this prior to purchasing. But I digress, I bought $10k worth of their top of the line appliances in the new black stainless finish. Almost immediately, the ice maker is dripping water and quits making ice. Samsung sends a tech and first thing he says is that these units are garbage and that the $300 part that is broken after only a month will break every year, as long as I own it. Not exactly what I wanted to hear!

So after months of back and forth with the worst customer service dept I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with, Samsung says they will replace the fridge. They send it via freight with delivery guys who have no idea how to install. So they tear the ** out of the old one, beat up my house, and ultimately can't get the new one in. So they leave me with the old one that is now beat up scratched all to hell, and not working. Samsung says 'no problem, we'll send another'! What!?! What about the brand new one you already sent on the truck? And the brand new one you just trashed?? They couldn't care less.

So I finally get Home Depot to replace the fridge, and then, while wiping the appliances down with a microfiber towel, a chunk of the finish comes off the range. So I call Samsung back and they tell me, "No prob, we'll send a tech to fix." They set an appointment for the next week and I wait. Appointment time comes and goes and no tech. I call back, they say, "We cancelled because you're out of warranty." "Wait, these are only a few months old!" "Oh, yeah, I guess you're right... Ok, we'll send a tech." Cancelled.

I get a supervisor on the line, and she says, "It keeps getting cancelled because it's cosmetic, and that's not covered under your warranty." "So the paint can just fall off and that's not covered!?!" So I get really pissed and she says, "OK, we'll send a tech, but if there is any sign that you caused the paint to chip, then you're paying for it." Fine, agreed. Get an email the next day, "Your service appointment has been cancelled." I am literally speechless...these appliances look great, but they are total garbage. But the company is worse. Save yourself a LOT of aggravation...avoid Samsung.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2018

SPENT 3000 & ALL 3 appliances are - I purchased 3 #Samsung appliances from a "BIG Box Store" #LOWES. DO NOT DO THAT, they do NOT service their appliances. ALL 3 pieces (which one has been in use LESS than 8 weeks) have a malfunction, from NOT working AT all, to the electronics board working on & off. The manufacturer expects me to wait up to 2 weeks for repair service. Their CS sucks! They could care less they sold me some lemons. The appliance repair company 15 minutes from me, will NOT service the appliances because they said #Samsung will NOT PAY THEM enough to cover their costs, UNACCEPTABLE! DO NOT BUY #Samsung appliances.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I do not typically do product reviews but after seeing a rash of Samsung refrigerator ads on TV I felt compelled to respond. We needed a new refrigerator after our 15 year old GE started having problems. We found a nice looking french door style Samsung with a middle drawer for refrigerated items, freezer drawer at the bottom, water and ice dispenser, all the whistles and bells - in fact more whistles and bells than we had ever seen before. We have four Samsung TVs that all work great so we decided to give Samsung refrigerators a try - VERY BAD DECISION. The ice/water dispenser stopped working and none of our local repair people knew how to repair Samsung refrigeration products. Entering the model and serial number into the Samsung website in order to locate a Samsung repair person proved very difficult - not user friendly.

We finally got the ice maker repaired but ice cubes still get stuck coming out of the dispenser and we have to completely empty the freezer about every four month and chip out the ice buildup in the bottom of the freezer, otherwise it gets increasingly difficult to open and shut the freezer door. About every two months the handle literally comes loose from the freezer drawer and I have to find the correct size Allen wrench to reattach the handle. Finally, the bottom of the middle plastic drawer for refrigerated items cracked. I don't think we every loaded it with anything unduly heavy - it just appears to be very thin plastic and it cracked. My next refrigerator will not be a Samsung.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Do not buy a Samsung Refrigerator!!! Major defects in it! The company pays people to give great reviews about this product! The repair guy told me so because he used to work there. Had ice maker replaced (so called fixed) a motor is running loudly since & there's a chemical odor coming from refrigerator and the only way to stop that noise is to reset ice maker. Then will come on again with the odor, I poured a glass of iced tea and it tastes like the smell... a sweet burnt smell if this makes any sense. Buying a new one but won't be this brand. It's not even two yrs old!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: April 11, 2018

I had a Frigidaire refrigerator that lasted 20 years. My family said time for a new one so I went to and found a Samsung refrigerator double door with pullout freezer drawers purchased 12/1/15 warranty 1-year. I didn't get extended warranty within 2-months past warranty. Bottom freezer started making loud noises and went out. Of course you call to Philippines so I had them fix it 400.00. So now 14 months later it went out again. I called to see if there was recall or they would discount, nothing. I have to fix it so waited for 2-3 hours for technician. Turned out the Samsung had sent wrong part. So I call asking for a discount for my time, nothing. So stay away from SAMSUNG. Also don't buy appliances from Home Dept. When you drive away they wash their hands of any responsibility.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Samsung 3-Door Refrigerator Ice Maker - We purchased this in 2015. We’re disappointed in the icemaker from the beginning -- it did not make a lot of ice and ran out frequently. Then the icemaker started to freeze up periodically where we were unable to remove the ice storage box. Only by turning off the refrigerator were we able to defrost. On Monday, April 9, we called customer support for advice. I followed the instructions I was given and was assured that "there would be a bucket of ice" the next day. Wrong. The ice storage had completely defrosted. We noticed later in the day on Tuesday that the refrigerator was no longer cooling the frig or freezer areas. We called again on Tuesday and spoke with another representative who told us to do the same thing as the first. Nothing happened.

After 75 minutes with this person, we were advised that we would probably have to replace the ice-making system, not under guarantee. She assured us that during this time, they were having one of their service people identify a local service location to assist. Then we told her that the refrigerator and freezer at least were working before we followed their instructions and shouldn't they be responsible for damaged food and whatever needed to get the frig and freezer working. She said to make an itemized list of the fold that was spoiling, take a picture and show the price. Didn't say they would reimburse, nor did she suggest any responsibility on their part for the problems caused by following the directions on the tech support.

At this point, we asked for a supervisor. We were on hold for about an hour and finally hung up. We called again and were able to speak with a tech person who was able to at least get the frig and freezer working. The icemaker appears to be working now, but it will continue to back up and freeze, like it always does. This morning, another tech person called and asked if she could help resolve this over the phone. This was very disappointing, as I was expecting either a call from the local appliance repair place or perhaps the supervisor. This was unbelievable, and of course I was angry about how our problem was being handled. I mentioned that unless a supervisor was willing to call me back (I was no longer willing to wait for someone not to come on the phone), there was no longer a need for conversation. The tech support people were polite. But I will never, never again purchase any Samsung product.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I purchased a French door in 5/15. RF28HMEDBSR. Ice maker leaks, froze up, stopped working. And now it is not cold in refrigerator. It was making a loud noise. Then it just quit, I paid almost 3000 for this refrigerator and I can’t afford to buy another. There is ice in back of maker wall. Thick. Where is the class action suit?

Original review: April 9, 2018

We built a house in 2016. Went with the Samsung new black stainless steel appliances. We have had nothing but problems with the Refrigerator model# RF260BEAESR. The door clips keep breaking, you can’t get in and out of the freezer part and the MOST frustrating is the ICE MAKER! I have spent no less than 15 hrs trying to fix it. It was out of warranty two weeks and got nothing from Samsung. I am going to share something I have learned: Always ask how much the extended warranty is, if it’s almost half as much as the original cost of the thing you are purchasing STAY AWAY!!!

I figured this out after having bought 3 dishwashers and two refrigerators. Case in point current refrigerator (Samsung french door) warranty was $756.00 I paid $1,600.00 for it new and have had nothing but problems. Oven was $350 for warranty new it was $1,700. We have had 0 problems with it. Microhood $35.00 new $350.00 0 problems... I strongly recommend you stay away from Samsung appliances. They make a great TV maybe phone but that's it.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I bought a 22.5 cu ft French door counter-depth (RF23HCEDBSR) in 2015 from Sears. It was first used in November 2015. $3,200 on sale for $2,778. After a little more than a year, the ice maker began freezing (an oxymoron?), requiring that I remove the ice bucket for a few to several days at a time to let the inner works thaw out. This began happening with increasing frequency. Eventually, after 2.4 years I was without ice more often than I was with ice. The Sears repair tech said that the ice maker has a number of design flaws and that Samsung requires that the ice maker be replaced. Replacement cost is $780.

This is not a case of a mechanical part wearing out or going bad. This was Samsung's design flaw. A responsible company would take responsibility for the flawed product and replace it without charge. It was poor company decision making when the ice maker was designed and installed, and it is now equally poor company decision for not taking responsibility and replacing the defective product now that the defect has been discovered. I'll report the defect and Samsung's response to my State Attorney General's consumer protection division since Samsung doesn't seem to respond to individual consumers.

Original review: April 6, 2018

We purchased a Samsung RF28HFEDTSR French Door Refrigerator in 7/27/14 from Lowe's. The ice maker never dispensed ice properly - slow and partially crushed on "cube" setting. The bottom Ice maker stopped working after 2 years. The top ice maker stopped working after 3 1/2 years now. It was freezing up - following Youtube advice we have been defrosting the back with a blow dryer for 2 months now. The fan is now making a very loud noise. We will have to call a repairman now. We will not buy anything Samsung again. This has been a disappointment since day one and we have called Samsung year ago to complain but since the warranty has expired they say call a repairman. We have had refrigerators in the past and most last at least 15 yrs. These are obviously defective refrigerators from reading complaints online, all mirroring our experience exactly.

Original review: April 6, 2018

In mid-2015 I replaced my refrigerator with the Samsung French Door/Freezer at the bottom (Model #: RF261BEAEWW/AA-0001). Two weeks ago, we noticed the icemaker abruptly stopped working. Shortly thereafter, water accumulated under the refrigerator crisper and seeped from under the right side. Not really understanding what was going on, I just cleaned it every two to three days.

Now as of three days ago, I began hearing a humming/grinding noise coming from the upper rear center on the inside of the fridge. It sounded like the fan was hitting something as it's spinning. It only does it when the doors are closed and you can hear it winding down when you open the door. When you close the doors, it winds up to full speed again and the loud irritating sound returns. Now, since the icemaker stopped I turned it off yet the noise is still active. While doing an inspection, I found a build up of ice in the back of the fridge.

Turning to the internet for Diagnostics and DYI Repair advice, I have come across countless of sites with hundreds of complaints warning people Samsung will not recognize their horrible flaw(s) within their product. Samsung Service Centers have you open a ticket but then tell you they apparently can't fix the issue(s). Like many here, I don't have money to freely give a technician who will in turn place a Band-Aid on the problem; only for the refrigerator to disintegrate it and I succumb to the same issues month(s) later. They built the fridge and therefore they should have the ability to successfully repair it! Samsung should've just stuck with manufacturing electronics. I believed in their products until now. I, for one, will not be buying any of their major appliances anymore. Since they refuse to issue a recall notice on their clearly defected product I would like more information as to where and how to add my name to the lawsuit against them.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Our Samsung French Door refrigerator keeps icing up under the back panel. It started happening after the four-year warranty was out. We have had it fixed repeatedly during the last year at $100 minimum each time only for the problem to return within a month. Now it is every two weeks. I have learned what to look for, what sounds to listen for and to take the back panel off to defrost it myself. Granted it is 8 years old but as much as it cost it should have lasted much longer. The repairman cannot fix it so we can't even sell it.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I paid for the top of the line Samsung refrigerator mostly 'cause I like the style of it and I tend to pay more for products based on what type of insurance the product is well built. I spent $5,000 for my Samsung refrigerator. May it be a cultural difference I really don't care. We're in America and we have high standards with our products. Our refrigerator ice maker gave us problems almost day one.

After 3 attempts to repair the ice maker I contacted Samsung and over a course of several months it was unbelievable to have to call the number that only answers the phone for 2 hours a day and if you're not first in line you will not have an answer to your ring. If you try to call back it goes to busy. Based on my persistence and anger I made sure I was first in line. Then they make me jump through hoops knowing they sent repair guys who have designated my refrigerator ice maker unrepairable. So getting the information they wanted not that I would have to actually call back. They had an email address I could send the information but would not reply to my email which forced me to have to call back to this line that is only open for a couple hours per day! All I got was, "Sorry sir that's just our policy!"

Again through my persistence I did get the check minus the shipping minus the time it took for all 3 repairs for me to take off of work minus the continued frustration and time aggravation to contact them over and over! On top of this it even gets worse. They wanted a picture of the power cord cut. This is to assure them I won't throw it in the garage and use it there! I am not writing for failed ice maker. I am writing for the arrogance of a company to have policies set against the consumer and America needs to know it!

Original review: April 4, 2018

I bought a new Samsung 33 in. W 17.5 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator at Home Depot and within the first year it started leaking. As it was still under warranty I called to have someone look at it. Unbeknownst to me, Samsung does not service my area, despite living only a few miles from the Home Depot where I bought it. Surprisingly, Samsung offered me a refund in lieu of service. While I would have preferred service on the fridge, I saw that this a common problem and there is a class action lawsuit against Samsung for this fridge. As well, I didn’t want a fridge with a defunct warranty. So, I accepted their offer for a refund and had them come pick up my fridge, buying a new one out of pocket to replace it.

Six weeks and 50 phone calls later I am yet to see any refund, only a trail of multiple ticket numbers and crossed wires. This process has truly been the most inefficient, contradicting, and burdensome experience I have had with a company in my thirty plus years. Each person has told me something different and no comprehensive steps have been given. At one point recently, I was told that I was going to get an exchange. Well, I already bought a new fridge to replace the one they took and who would want a fridge with all these issues, that can’t be warrantied, plus that’s not what I had been told the entire time.

So now I am out $1000 buying a replacement fridge and have no signs of being reimbursed. Many people are struggling with bills and for one of the largest corporations in the world to take advantage of their consumers in this way is truly sickening to me. I can’t imagine what a struggling family would do in this situation, having to spend hours on the phone, and hundreds of dollars out of pocket, not knowing if this corporation just completely screwed them over.

While I wait to see if I get a refund or if it’s theft, I can only advise other consumers to stay far away from any Samsung appliance purchase. I advise any retailers to reconsider selling their products, or at the least, warn your consumers that Samsung doesn’t service many major metropolitan areas – even if it’s right by the store it came from. Lastly, I would like to tell Samsung that you can do a lot better. I am sure you try to break a lot people through this process, hoping they will just give up, as most of us don’t have time during our day to call up a 1-800 number and explain to a new person what the situation is, every couple of days, for weeks on end. I am beyond disappointed with this process and I will never purchase nor recommend any of your products or services.

Original review: April 4, 2018

We too should have done better homework before purchasing a Samsung refrigerator. We purchased this model after a kitchen remodel project almost 4 years ago; what a mistake. It has been a nightmare owning this refrigerator. We have gone through 3 technicians from the same repair company and am currently writing this review waiting for the 4th tech. to show. Every tech. so far has confirmed the same problem each time; icing up around the fan blade area causing terrible loud noises until the fan seizes up and stops; causing the fridge section to not cool anymore.

We have given up with the ice maker not working sometimes and just use bagged ice now. Like others seem to be facing; Samsung seems to refuse there could be an engineering problem with their product. We are planning on looking for a new (non Samsung) product after this 4th technician de-ices the fridge again. Samsung has not just yet figured out how to make a long lasting cooling unit; or maybe they don't want to?

Original review: April 2, 2018

Sure wish we had done some research before buying a Samsung fridge. After 3 years ours was getting so much water in the veggie drawers and in the freezer we had to defrost it. Had so much ice built up that the freezer drawer would not shut tight. I called Samsung and they had never heard of this problem. This is B.S. They don't listen. I will never buy another Samsung product. Should have stayed with Kenmore. Have never had a problem with their fridges. Our Samsung is a double door with the freezer on the bottom. We purchased it in Oct. 2014. I will let family & friends know "DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG".

Original review: April 2, 2018

Model 07 Y743 AGB01839 H. I've only had the freezer for less than 2 years and the ice maker is freezing up. Have defrosted it two or three times and it's still messing up. Repair guy came and said it was going to cost 900 something dollars to get it fixed. I paid 2 grand for the fridge and it's less than 2 years old. This seems ridiculous and unfair.

When I called Samsung's 1-800 number the lady kept telling me it was out of warranty after a year, she kept telling me that they created a kit to fix it which lets me know that it's had a problem and they know it but I have to pay for it. When I told them that I have a Frigidaire sitting on my back porch that's rusted but still working and it doesn't have a warranty she said, "Yes ma'am I understand your frustration but apparently there's nothing I can do about it. It's out of warranty." I asked her to quit saying that if I could speak to a manager and she said, "A manager can't help you either. That's all we can do. Nobody can override authority to help you."

Original review: March 31, 2018

Do not buy this Samsung Refrigerator French Doors Model RFG237. I have had it for 4 years and have defrosted it 6 times. What happens is I get water/ice build-up under the crisper drawer. When I took the back inside panel off where the heating coil is there is a ton of ice build up. Apparently the drain clip is a piece of junk and doesn't even go in the drain hole. When I tried to contact Samsung they said I had to pay for the new part as my Warranty was up. When doing some research online it seems like a lot of people have this problem and it should of been recalled.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Honestly, I can only echo every complaint that has been voiced by other owners of Samsung French Door refrigerator. 6 years old!!! Loud noise, cracked plastic shelving and bins, ice building up under back panel, etc. After weighing out the cost of another repair call, we have decided to buy another refrigerator today. We have defrosted it for 36 hours. It was fine for 2 days. All of the appliances in my home are Samsung. OMG the nightmare will continue. DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR. THERE IS A DESIGN FLAW THAT THE COMPANY REFUSES TO ADDRESS. If my 6 year old model and your new refrigerator are experiencing the same problems, the company is at fault. Where is a class action lawsuit? I'm in.

Original review: March 28, 2018

For everyone who like me are Stupid enough to purchase a Samsung refrigerator, I have a hint to fix the ice maker. Go to local convenience store & buy ice to load in it. This piece of crap was engineered wrong. After numerous calls & at least 3 service calls it has been out least a month now. I will NEVER buy anything with Samsung.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I have tried to deal with customer service on this poor quality as well. Fan makes horrible sound and ice maker don’t work. Repair guy fixed a while back and it doing the same thing. Seems like there is enough complaints for a class action lawsuit to me???

Original review: March 27, 2018

Originally posted earlier this month. Followed Samsung's advice and defrosted refrigerator for 36 hours, with fan blowing on it. Checked to make sure all ice buildup had cleared. Turned on, ran fine, icemaker even working again. Now several days later, ice maker is stopping and probably means another complete defrost. Do not buy Samsung Refrigerators, IT'S ALL OVER THE INTERNET ABOUT HOW PEOPLE ARE HAVING SAME PROBLEM WITH ICING UP AND NOISE. They don't seem to have a fix. Terrible, 5 years old $2000+ refrigerator and nothing but problems.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I spent over $2500 for a new Samsung counter depth refrigerator in mid 2015 after I remodel my kitchen. It works fine for about 1 1/2 year. After 1 1/2 year, I started to have problems. A year ago the freezer will not go down to the temperature I set. Even I set it to minor 8 degree F, it only went down 15 degree F. I was advised by some website to reset the refrigerator by turning off the power overnight. I did and it worked again. Six months ago, no ice came out from the ice maker. I open the ice maker and found it completely frozen. I turned the power off and blow some warm air to melt the ice. After I removed the ice, it worked again.

A couple weeks ago, the freezer warmed up again. This time, I know "resetting" the refrigerator can only solve the problem for a few months so I called Samsung service center. A technical came, open the freezer and spent half an hours checking. He told me that defrost sensor went bad and the ice built up blocking the cold air from entering the freezer. Also the cover needed to be replaced. I ask him if the repair will take care of the ice maker frozen problem. He told me that it is a different problem and many people have the same problem due to design issue and Samsung offered to repair it free even warranty expired. I called Samsung but with no luck, Samsung refused to have it fixed. Repairing the ice maker will cost another $400.

The technician left and 2 days later, another technician came with the parts. He did some more checking and told me that the cover did not need to be replaced but the control board did not send power to the heater. Unfortunately, the previous technician did not check the control board so he need to order the control board and will come back later. He told me that I should purchase extended warranty. I went to online chat with Samsung's "Chat site" and was told that I can purchase extend warranty even the refrigerator warranty expired. The gentlemen even told me that the I should get some discount for the current repair if I elected to purchase extended warranty. He gave me the number to call.

I called Samsung extended warranty department and found out that extend warranty cost $550 a year and will be effective 30 days after all repairs were done and I needed to show them receipts of all repairs. There will be no discount to current repair either. I was surprised that extended warranty cost $550/year for a refrigerator. The conclusion was the refrigerator will experience problems very often, maybe an average of once a year because average repair cost will be 4 to 5 hundred dollar each time. This policy tells us to expect Samsung refrigerator to be repaired once a year.

This morning, I found out that the water dispenser at the refrigerator started leaking. Oh boy, another problem I have to deal with. I did a quick estimate. It will cost me about $1450 to have everything repaired and spend $550 for a one year extended warranty. That is $2000. Should I buy a new one instead. My last refrigerator was a 20 years old GE. It is still in the garage working fine. The other one was a 35 years old Whirlpool. I gave it away when I purchased the Samsung. My GE and Whirlpool gave me a combined 55 years of trouble free service while the Samsung gave me 3 problems in 2 1/2 years.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Refrigerator purchased Sept 2014 for over $2,000. (Along with a Samsung washer - some parts broke plastic. Appliances are of poor quality.) Problem with refrigerator started Aug 2017. Refrigerator gets frozen, no ice and no water. The sound is too loud, and has to be defrosted so it will stop the noise and start cooling off. I have paid for parts on Feb. 16, 2018 that need to be replaced, problem persist. Samsung customer service is very poor. I would strongly recommend not to buy any Samsung appliances.

Original review: March 25, 2018

We renovated our entire kitchen in Samsung appliances. Our $3,300.00 4-door flex refrigerator lasted 2.5 years and my wife and I have been fighting with customer service (CS), since November 2017, to get them to honor their warranty. CS initially sent an authorized service person who tried to fix it and recharged the refrigerant. He stated that if this didn't fix the issue, since it was a sealed system, it is un-repairable. It worked for approximately 2 months and the issue returned. This points to a slow leak in the sealed system which has a 5 yr part/labor warranty. Next time we called they claimed they couldn't issue another ticket because our serial number had a refund already issued against it, though the refund wasn't in our name or sent to us. We feel their error is not our problem and shouldn't delay our warranty service request. They wouldn't budge.

Since then we've heard nothing but excuses and "we'll call you in a week". Another CS rep claimed the vendor (Home Depot) must have shipped a unit that had been previously returned (laughable), Home Depot doesn't stock the appliances they're shipped straight from Samsung. We both actually heard these claims on our phone. Every time you call you have to re-explain the issue to them and I'm sure they keep a file on your case. Now they're asking me to remove the label from the appliance and send a picture to them (doesn't that invalidate the warranty?). This has been the most frustrating experience we've ever had. You'd think such a big company would want their name to stand out in a positive light.

WE ARE NEVER BUYING ANOTHER SAMSUNG APPLIANCE AGAIN. I'm contacting my state's Attorney General's office and the FTC about our issue. We may not be able to get financial relief but, if it is determined that what they're doing is illegal, they will spend money in legal fees and fines. There are state and federal consumer laws regarding warranties. I hope this word gets out so maybe they'll change their ways. Best to document all contacts with them to show how they treat you. Their service techs don't give paperwork so you gotta keep all emails, texts msg, phone records to present your case.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I purchased my Samsung Refrigerator only a year and a half ago and it started to make a loud noise. Had it serviced and the service professional advised it was a build up of ice in the mechanisms causing the fan to not spin properly. He advised this was a fault of the POOR DESIGN and that it would continue to have this issue! I have been online looking for solutions to this issue that would be less costly than engaging a repair man each time and found hundreds of videos by Samsung refrigerator owners who are experiencing the same issue. Tell me why a company would continue to build a product and sell it to the public KNOWING it has a critical fault. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT. I have no confidence in the company's ability to build products. Not one refrigerator should have left their warehouse after they realized the fault in the engineering. I had a Whirlpool for 15 years and NEVER once had it repaired.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I had a terrible experience with Samsung. I ordered a Samsung Fridge and within a year and a half the compressor went out. Samsung at first wanted to fix the compressor, but since there were no techs near where I live, they decided to refund our money. It took an agonizing 2 months of trying to get them to give us our money. One customer service rep laughed at me when I asked what would happen if it took longer to get our refund before our new fridge and she laughed and said, “Mam, it’s not going to take that long.” That was only 1 week into the process. One representative gave me a fake # when I asked to talk to someone higher up. They even made me cut the cord of the fridge and take a picture of it and send it to them.

I was without a fridge for 2 months and still no refund. They would tell me someone would be calling and no one would ever call. I called at least twice a week if not more and they would just give me the runaround. But would always say not to get rid of the fridge until we get the refund. We no longer could go any longer without a fridge so we went ahead and ordered a new one - Whirlpool this time. I got my delivery date, so I called Samsung to let them know that our new fridge was coming and they would be taking away our Samsung fridge so I needed to make sure that they had everything they needed before it went.

Samsung told me NOT to get rid of it until I got the refund. I asked when will I get my refund? Every week, they would say, within 2-3 days and every week would pass and NO REFUND. Our new fridge came and I immediately called Samsung to see if I could send it with the delivery guy because he would take it away for free. They said no. So now we are stuck with our old fridge with nowhere to take it unless we pay $200 to dump it. Samsung did not care, they said it was not their responsibility. I will NEVER buy anything Samsung again! They have the worst customer service and products.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Kept calling Samsung complaining about ice maker freezing up. Warranty ran out. Referred us to repair service. They said 85 dollars to walk in the door plus 85 dollars per hour plus parts. Called several local appliance repair places. Most would not service Samsung products. Finally found one who fixed it but will not guaranty it won't happen again as it's a bad design and they don't like to work on Samsung products. We paid top dollar for this refrigerator. Very displeased. No more Samsung products for us.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Call Samsung repair March 9. Their technician came out March 15th. Said it was a failed compressor and it was still under the 5-year warranty. I have been on the phone for 2 1/2 weeks. Today March 22, 2018 they're laugh while putting you on multiple holds. Customer rep told me to fix it myself and then submit my bill to them and they may reimburse me. I called Sears appliance repair for an estimate with parts and labor. It would be between $590 to $700. We paid $1169.00 for our Samsung refrigerator. It should not break nor should we be out of pocket $700. Plus we lost all the food in fridge in freezer.

Go to Samsung FB page. They treat consumers horrible. I have called multiple times, filed a complaint yesterday with BBB, Attorney General & CFPB. They the compressor is still under Manufacturers Factory Warranty. It has 3 of the 5 years left. There should be a Civil Suit filed against Samsung. Worst Refrigerator ever. Customer Representatives should all be fired. They are rude and lie to you. Ask for your ticket number that they have had for weeks. The automotive service knows my name when I call to get me right over to their rude customer service reps at the REPAIR Line.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a Korean appliance company known for creating a wide range of electronics and home appliances. The company, based in Seoul, Korea, was founded in 1938.

• Technology: Samsung offers wi-fi connected refrigerators, letting users keep track of fridge contents and settings remotely.

• Color options: The company sells refrigerators in a selection of colors, including stainless steel, platinum, white, black and more. These options let customers choose a refrigerator color that matches their kitchen.

• Additional features: Samsung's refrigerators come with many additional features, like water filters, a showcase door and more.

• Warranties: Customers have the option of purchasing extended warranties to cover damage or necessary repairs over the life of the item.

• Sleek design: Samsung has a reputation for sleek, contemporary refrigerators that offer a modern, clean aesthetic.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for high-quality, high-tech refrigeration devices, and college students in need of small, affordable mini-refrigerators.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs