Save on Appliance Repairs

With the Best Home Warranty

Compare Quotes

3249 Samsung Refrigerator Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 22, 2019

I have a Samsung French door refrigerator with the cooling drawer. This is the worst product. I have contacted Samsung and they sent me to a service company who has come out three times and the refrigerator is still not working. First the freezer wouldn’t cool. The technician added Freon twice. Now both the refrigerator and freezer have stopped working. The item is icing up and the ice maker doesn’t work and makes a strange noise. All I get is the runaround from Samsung.

So three missed days of work and two grocery orders ($600 - I have a large family of 6) later I still have not refrigerator/freezer. Buyer beware - avoid Samsung at all cost. Their customer service is horrible. Even the repair contractor said they have all kinds of issues with Samsung and the company will require that all parts are replaced before they will replace the item - even if the parts are unrelated to the problem. I am filing a BBB against Samsung. They know their products are defective/faulty.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Oh, If I could only give this refrigerator 0 stars. As with everyone else--ice maker is totally useless (My husband LAUGHS when I defrost it yet again and tells me to stop wasting my time!) BUT now need to use a blowdryer to warm up the vents in the back of the refrigerator so it doesn't sound like a jet engine!! I spend more time caring for my refrigerator than it takes me to clean my entire house! Repairman tells me to not bother him as he can't help. The sad irony...our old refrigerator was great except the ice maker didn't work!! Kitchenaid, why did I ever leave you!?!?

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Our Samsung French Door Refrigerator has an Icemaker that does not work properly. We called Home Depot and were referred to a local company to repair. We were told that this problem exists with all of the Samsung Icemakers, and they are not able to repair this problem. So your best bet is NOT to even buy this product.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I have a brand new Samsung refrigerator and it has rust spots. I have had it two weeks and it has rust spots. I called Samsung and they will not do anything because they say it is an aesthetic issue. That is unacceptable! They will not stand behind their own product. This is not the last they will hear from me. Do not buy a Samsung product. They stink!!!

Original review: April 20, 2019

My daughter bought a French Door Samsung refrigerator. Paid almost $2000 for it. Had this appliance 3 months. Freezer stopped working. Call Home Depot, where she bought it from, told to call Samsung. Thus started the nightmare. She had to go through all kind so "stuff" "Is the item level? Unplug it, wait." Nothing worked. "Okay, call this repair company." Did that. 4 days later a repairman came to "look" at it. Found 2 other things wrong with this "new" machine. He told her this is happening on all the Samsung's like this one.

The company knows about it and could not care less. Soooo he orders the 3 parts. 5 days later he comes out and "fixes" it. Nope, now it is totally not working. Freezer is at 62 degrees and ice-maker shoots out water. No ice. "Give it 23 hours," he said. Called the repair-shop. They put her on hold and will not answer. So wrong on so many levels. He even told me as I was there when he came he would have to add a line of sealant under the ice maker that was a design flaw of this unit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: April 19, 2019

Save yourself the hassle and do not buy this refrigerator!! I am having the same problems everyone else is. I bought this refrigerator in Nov 2015, then in Nov 2017, the fan on the back started to make noise and then it stops cooling. Then the ice maker stopped working. I have the extended warranty. Today will be my 8th time calling the extended warranty company "Warrantech". They are USELESS!!!! Numerous parts have been replaced. All I get is the runaround. "Warrentech" on the phone tells me it's up to the technician to decide if the fridge cannot be fixed. The tech tells me, "All I do is what they tell me to do." I WILL NEVER EVER BUY A SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR AGAIN. AND BRANDSMART DOES NOT STAND BY THEIR PRODUCTS! They make the sale and clean their hands. Very upset consumer!!!!

Original review: April 19, 2019

I have a fridge of 1.5 years and just after first year was defective ice maker and now just after 1.5 years, compressor is blown. Compressor is under warranty for 5 years, but after 15 days, Samsung has still not replaced the compressor or the fridge. Every time I call (and spend 1-2 hours waiting for case management), they pretend they've never spoken to me - even though they ordered the dispatcher that diagnosed the issue! This is so fraudulent and unacceptable. I bought the fridge at Lowe's and they should be ashamed to allow this type of dishonest activity to happen. I have spent so much in restaurant bills and spoiled food, I could have bought a Viking fridge. NEVER, NEVER, EVER BUY SAMSUNG. By the way...my Samsung washer/dryer? Also had issues the first year.

Original review: April 17, 2019

If I knew then what I know now about the poor workmanship on this unit I would have not purchased a Samsung. Of all the refrigerators I have purchased over the years this one is the worst. Ice maker constantly freezing up, water leaks under the crispy drawer and freezes up to a point where we can’t open drawer. Need to remove drawer and chip away the ice to free the drawer temporary until the need to break away the ice again, about once every 3 to 4 weeks. Totally disappointed with my Samsung refrigerator and would not recommend any of my friends or family members to purchased one.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I just read these reviews and every issue that other consumers are having with their refrigerator is the same and the same issues I am having. This issue is with type of compressor being used, Samsung’s selection of that type and model and their unwillingness to fix and replace the part for less than $800.00. Every review I read had the same issue and that’s not a coincidence. I wonder if Samsung is reading any of what their consumers are saying. I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau because it’s a Samsung product issue across the board regardless of model. You thousands of dollars on a refrigerator and it doesn’t freeze or cool and you lose food. I’m tired of companies getting away with not repairing their products when they know it’s their issue. Samsung fix the compressor selection and cell issues with your refrigerators. This should be recognized during the testing phase of each model created.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I purchase the French Door Refrigerator on 09-12-17. Less than one year the top ice maker stop making ice due to it freezing up into a block of ice. Two months later the bottom ice maker stop making ice and now the freezer stop working. Samsung products are garbage. I will never in my life purchase or referred to anyone anything that Samsung makes. I had the same thing happen to me this year with their curve TV; stopped working one year later. I hope someday they will have to pay us all back for taking advantage of us. Their products are designed to fail after a year. In my case $5000.00 lost for two items just over one year old and their warranty expired. I hate everything about this company and we need to make sure our voice are heard. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM SAMSUNG EVER!!!!

Original review: April 12, 2019

Right after 5 year warranty expired the ice maker started overflowing causing the bottom freezer shelf to get stuck to the ice that formed on the cabinet bottom. Service call would have been $170 + parts - I have a hammer and was okay breaking up the ice. Now the compressor has died (less than 6 years in operation and the warranty on sealed parts ended at 5 years). What a piece of junk and Samsung customer service is an oxymoron - (sent emails to Director of N. Amer. Customer Service right after warranty expired for ice maker issue) with no reply. Never will I buy another Samsung product and am happy I have an iPhone not a Galaxy. $1600 for a unit that lasted less than 6 years - they should be ashamed of themselves...but that would require responsibility and customer service.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Purchased this model 2.5 years ago - have had issues with ice maker ever since. Do your research, issues with Samsung and ice makers (especially this unit) are all over the internet. The ice making function is pretty much so useless. On mine, like so many others (thousands) freezes up, literally turns into a block of ice. Overall, great design and functionality, however, for $2k I expect the ice maker to work.

Samsung refuses to take any accountability, as a result, major class action lawsuit is underway by law firms and thousands of consumers to get them to do the right thing for their customers. It's all online, do your research. While I have owed and been quite happy with a number of Samsung Plasma TVs and LCDs, their responsiveness to this serious product issue with ice makers is nothing short of shameful. I had hoped to get it repaired, but a reputable (and Samsung certified warranty service) indicated that even after spending $500 on parts and labor, the problem will most likely continue. So, after spending $2k on this thing, and 2 1/2 years later, I will be buying a new refrigerator/freezer. And, as a result, I will never purchase another Samsung product again. Never. Do your own research, and look elsewhere.

Original review: April 6, 2019

RF25HM FREEZER DOES NOT FREEZE! We purchased a Samsung in July 2015. In March of this year the drawer freezer stopped working, as did the ice maker. Set up an appointment for them to come out to diagnose the problem. The service tech was here yesterday and did an excellent job of troubleshooting the problem. He thought it would be a simple part replacement (circuit board). As it turned out, it was a sealed unit problem and it would be very expensive. The refrigerator still cools, just not the freezer. He explained that the freezer and refer share the same compressor, the part that operates the freezer was clogged or not functioning properly. I assume there is a valve of sorts that changes from refer to freezer when necessary.

In essence, I am saying that Samsung is junk. DO NOT BUY! They should stick to cell phones and tablets. We have a Samsung Smart TV that we wish we hadn't purchased too! The frustrating part is that it was just over the warranty period. I am certain that I am not alone in this, when you pay over $2000 for a refrigerator it should last longer than just under 4 years!

Original review: April 4, 2019

Ice Maker has malfunctioned since the refrigerator was purchased. Apparently a common problem with Samsung refrigerators that Samsung refuses to correct. Ice maker freezes up and will not produce ice and eventually quits working altogether. I have called Samsung on numerous occasions and their only solution is to take a hair dryer and melt the built-up ice. Now nothing works!

Original review: April 3, 2019

I have a Samsung side by side refrigerator model # RSG307AARS, That is only a few years old and is having a problem with the ice maker chute door that keeps opening and closing by itself. I am a single person that lives alone and a retired military veteran on a fixed income that is going to have to suck up the cost of replacing a refrigerator door and icemaker at the cost of about $1000.00 to me.

I always thought that Samsung was a good product, but after having this problem and doing a little research about Samsung refrigerators I see that this is an ongoing problem with this model and make of refrigerator. I believe that a class action lawsuit should be filed to force Samsung to honor their product and ensure that Samsung stand by their products and customers. This is surely an ongoing problem.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Compressor failed. 5 months and numerous trips out they replaced compressor. Lost lots of time and money taking time off from work. Had to get a chest freezer just to have a freezer for the 5 months of attempts of repair. 2 months later. Failed again. Horrible product. Technician said it is a problem child and suggested get rid of Korean and buy American.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Bought a Samsung refrigerator 3.5 years ago. One of their better models paid in excess of 2k. So far every eighteen months it breaks down needing costly repairs. The techs who service Samsung are not big fans of these refrigerators. Many recurring issues with poor design and parts that fail. I for one would never own another Samsung product.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I have a Samsung 4 door refrigerator that is just over 2 years old. The ice box has started to crack, I spoke to Samsung and they are not interested, this is the 3rd Samsung product I have had problems with (microwave, dishwasher and fridge) and do not think their products are any good and would never recommend them. I will never buy this crap again and I do not know how they are allowed to sell it here?

Original review: March 30, 2019

I bought a Samsung French door fridge in 2013 and soon after we have been having the exact same icemaker problems and now after making loud noises, it has stopped working. I'm glad I read what others have gone through. I will cancel the repair appointment which would have cost me $160.00 just for them to tell me that the compressor had gone. Thanks everybody, that's it for me and Samsung appliances.

Original review: March 30, 2019

On April 12, 2017, we bought a Samsung French Door refrigerator with in-door ice maker and water supply, from Home Depot, with a 5 year extended warranty. We loved it, but it has now had 4 ice maker failures, requiring 3 trips by technicians to get it to work again. The ice maker freezes solid and requires extensive defrosting just to get into it to see what is wrong. Unfortunately, this latest time, Samsung says there is nothing wrong with the refrigerator and refused to do anything about replacing it. We are truly disappointed. Needless to say, we will never buy another Samsung appliance.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I have a 5 year old Samsung French door refrigerator. The refrigerator compartment is cooled by what they call a cooling tower. This is a very poor design. It frosts up behind the panel and the fan stops working and the fridge won't cool. I defrosted mine but it didn't help. Service replaced the cooling tower and within 45 days I was having same problem. After some very poor local service they are going to replace the cooling tower again. The replacement part is noisy and fridge temp bounces between 42 and 50 while set at 34. I won't buy another Samsung fridge. A fridge should last at least 10 years. I had to replace a $200 board for the freezer after 2 years. After paying 3 $90 service fees, $116 for tower and $32 for drain kit I have spent over $600 total in repairs for this fridge in 5 years.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Shortly after the 1 year warranty expiring on our French Door refrigerator it started having problems with the ice maker and shortly after that the fan in the refrigerator started making noise. Before we knew it the refrigerator stopped working all together. My husband having had past appliance repair experience took off the panel to find ice built up all around the condenser. Samsung refused to cover the cost for any repair needed, which turned out to be a simple kit that adds something to the condenser to prevent the build up of the ice (which also occurs in the ice maker) and new drain tubing. Turns out Samsung made an error in their creation on these French Door refrigerators and rather than making things right to keep their customers happy they turn a blind eye. We will NEVER buy ANY Samsung product again!

Original review: March 27, 2019

We purchased a Samsung Refrigerator 2 1/12 years ago and the ice maker has been nothing but trouble. It freezes up and doesn’t make ice. You have to clear the ice off the icemaker then it will make ice for a few days to a week and it’s frozen up again. We have had the repair people out to fix it 4 times and still it isn’t fixed!!! The warranty has run out now and so any repair costs are on us! Don’t buy this product. It’s a complete lemon! Shame on Samsung for not fixing the problem with your products and leaving it left on the shoulders of the consumers!

Original review: March 27, 2019

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator with 2 ice makers. I’ve had it a little over a year and the ice maker freezes up. I called and the warranty was out the previous month. Seriously for 2000.00 and it doesn’t last a year. Luckily it has another ice maker in the freezer below so I use that. Now the fan is making a horrible noise so waiting for the rest to crap out. I would not recommend this product and will never buy Samsung again.

Original review: March 26, 2019

My refrigerator is 4 years old. Worked well for 2 years and since then I must defrost ice maker with hairdryer every 2 weeks and the defrost water accumulates under the meat tray and must be soaked up with towels. I will never buy another Samsung appliance again.

Original review: March 25, 2019

This fridge was a replacement under warranty. We paid an extra $700 for it in September 2018. So far so good. Only time will tell.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Oh, my gosh. 28cf French Door, luckily with a five-year extended warranty. After less than 2 years, plastic crisper drawers cracked. Since we just moved in, there was minimal items in drawers. They said it was normal wear and tear. Original owner was 85 years old, for goodness' sakes. Last year, ice maker froze, was replaced, and froze again. Christmas 2018, whole back wall was all ice. Tech had to stream it to melt. Had to come back with part. Oops. Had to come back again with more parts because back wall was cracked. Samsung claimed it was cosmetic damage. I would not settle for that. Customer service is horrible! The extended warranty company did not want to cover cosmetic damage. I sent a full backup package, with a timeline, to our AG Consumer office and filed a complaint. Shortly after that, I received a check for the purchase price as a warranty buy out. DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG!

Original review: March 24, 2019

Freezer is small and difficult to fit everything. (Bottom drawer style). Sometimes a little frost develops. But I like the look, it’s stainless and the shelves are glass. No problems after 4 years. No water or ice in door, did not want it.

Original review: March 22, 2019

We purchased this french-door, two-drawer, refrigerator (Model # RF23M8090SR/AA) in late August, 2017. For the first year it worked flawlessly, then... the ice maker decided to go to hell-in-a-handbasket. As was noted (and perfectly photographed by "Linda of Muskogee, OK. on March 15, 2019) ours began to do EXACTLY the same thing. The ice would begin to drop out of the freezer tray, get caught in big clump and freeze before dropping into the bin thereby jamming the bin INTO the compartment for the ice maker and making it impossible to remove without potentially damaging the bin itself.

Upon contacting Samsung (today; I finally lost it and set up a service call demanding they fix this POS.), it is alleged that I'm still under warranty and my service call is "covered". However, after seeing the various reviews for THIS VERY PROBLEM, I'm NOT OPTIMISTIC that anything positive will come from the service call. Not to be deterred and, like so many others, having paid good money for my fridge, I'm thinking about contacting my State Attorney General and looking into some possible legal action against Samsung. Anyone like to jump on this bandwagon with me? I've simply had enough and will not buy another refrigerator without compensation from Samsung, first! (And, certainly NOT anything made by Samsung!)

Original review: March 20, 2019

The process for a service repair is the most inefficient process ever! We have a 1.5 yr old refrigerator where the freezer went out. We knew we were out of the warranty period, but still went through the correct channels for getting a service request. The service company came out to our home and believed they found the issue, a sealed component issue which IS covered by the 5-yr warranty. This was within a week's period. They then order some parts for the fix, then came back out to apply the fix, but no luck. They then had to release all the gas that is in the sealed lines, inject a dye into it and come back at a later date to see where the gas leak was in the lines. At this point, we are already 2 wks in, and they came out figure where the leak was. The leak was found and they had to then schedule a return appointment since they had to order some more parts to fix the leak.

3wks go by and now the part that came in will not work, even though, it is the correct part according to Samsung's technical support and the refrigerator blueprints. Now Samsung is making the repair company jump through hoops to make sure that indeed, the part will not work, including a live video conference to show the part not being able to fit on the actual piece. It's now been almost 4 weeks, without a refrigerator. We have a 16-month old toddler, we had to purchase a used fridge just so all our current food in the fridge wouldn't go bad, and there is still NO END IN SIGHT with Samsung deeming this refrigerator IRREPARABLE and giving us a new one! I will never recommend, not buy another Samsung product again.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a Korean appliance company known for creating a wide range of electronics and home appliances. The company, based in Seoul, Korea, was founded in 1938.

• Technology: Samsung offers wi-fi connected refrigerators, letting users keep track of fridge contents and settings remotely.

• Color options: The company sells refrigerators in a selection of colors, including stainless steel, platinum, white, black and more. These options let customers choose a refrigerator color that matches their kitchen.

• Additional features: Samsung's refrigerators come with many additional features, like water filters, a showcase door and more.

• Warranties: Customers have the option of purchasing extended warranties to cover damage or necessary repairs over the life of the item.

• Sleek design: Samsung has a reputation for sleek, contemporary refrigerators that offer a modern, clean aesthetic.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for high-quality, high-tech refrigeration devices, and college students in need of small, affordable mini-refrigerators.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs