2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Samsung Refrigerator Reviews

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Samsung fridge with the drink drawer is the smarter purchase I've made! I purchased the 'Samsung - 28.2 Cu. Ft. 4-Door French Door Apps Refrigerator with Thru-the-Door Ice and Water - Stainless steel -Model:RF28HMELBSR" 3 years ago and have never regretted it. The fridge is a powerhouse with cool features. The drink drawer is SO awesome! It keeps our soda and beer cool and out of the way! It has a mini-touchscreen that plays Pandora, shows our calendar, weather and news, plus has an app for drawing notes. The connection isn't always stable and the phone mirroring app never worked, but I don't care. It's really cool. Keeps the food fresh, the freezer is large and has a drawer for small items as well. The shelves are movable and it looks lovely. I totally recommend it!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

We love our Samsung Smart French Door refrigerator! It is counter-depth, with the black fingerprint resistant finish. Beautiful appliance that really looks fantastic in our kitchen. This refrigerator has a surprisingly large food capacity. It has the 4-zone drawer, adjustable shelves, ice maker and water in the door. One of my absolutely favorite feature of this refrigerator though is the built-in pitcher inside of the door. It can be used as a fruit infusion pitcher and it automatically refills itself! The bottom freezer has two drawers with separations and makes organization easy.

The four zone refrigerator drawer makes it easy to find snacks or other often used items. The easy access door with removable handled baskets is very handy and energy efficient. This refrigerator also has the smart feature that I can access at any time on my phone. We bought this refrigerator when it was on sale; otherwise I would say that the price would be kind of prohibitive. Otherwise, I hardily recommend this refrigerator!

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

This refrigerator is one of the best we have ever had. Being a Navy family, we are always on the move, resulting in new appliances every few years. We found early on that selling our used appliances before a move, was more cost effective than risking damage to them. Samsung refrigerators are priced well, energy efficient, as well as nice to look at. I love the french doors and freezer on the bottom. The middle drawer is the favorite feature in this house. Putting the most used items in the drawer, saves opening the doors to the top storage area so many times each day. The crisper drawer lives up to its name, keeping lettuce fresh and crispy as long as 10 days.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

We bought our Samsung from Lowe's. It was on sale and with my veteran's discount, it was a great price. We are empty nesters and the size of the fridge is perfect for us, with ample door storage. Lots of freezer space also. We love the filtered ice/water through the door options. The stainless steel is so easy to keep clean and looks really sharp. Temperature controls actually work where in some other brands we have owned they were more like idiot gages, nonfunctional. We have owned it six years now and still loving it. Only thing I would change is the location of the water filter. Put it up top so an old man like me does not have to lay down to make the change.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

This is a huge french style fridge with freezer in the bottom and water/ice in the door. This has double doors with lots of space in each door and tons of shelf space inside. We love this fridge. It has worked great for years, but does have 2 flaws that can be dealt with. The fridge temp rises and it has iced over in the center back vent. The cover must be removed and ice melted then move the thermo coupler down and uncovered to stop refreezing. In addition, the ice maker freezes up. Just remove the tray and blow with hair dryer. Even with flaws we love this fridge.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: May 31, 2020

I purchased my Samsung French Door refrigerator from Home Depot in 2018. In less than two years the ice maker broke requiring out of warranty service. The door bin cover snapped off. The freezer slide out wheel snapped off. And now the freezer is not freezing food. This is a $3000+ refrigerator and is total junk. Stay away from Samsung major appliances.

Original review: May 28, 2020

We've called customer service for Samsung several times. They were not helpful and they did not support the customer need. Samsung knows of a faulty design on the icemakers of their refrigerators yet refuses to acknowledge and make it right for their customers. There is currently an open class action lawsuit for this problem, yet Samsung customer service wants to charge its customers to send technicians out to repair knowing that the icemaker will become faulty again. I am very dissatisfied with Samsung products and will not be purchasing or referring their product again.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO OTHER CONSUMERS. After 1 year our refrigerator started developing issues. The handle on the freezer door broke right off from normal wear and tear. We also get large chunks of ice developing in the fridge and freezer that force us to defrost the appliance more often then someone should.

Original review: May 25, 2020

We have a very bad experience with the service of Samsung Refrigerator. It took nearly a week for them to visit our place to check on the complaint made. We had to follow with the service centre every day and request for a call back from the supervisor. The reason for the delay was lockdown. We were already on phase 4 of lockdown and most of the technicians had started moving around. They checked on our refrigerator and was told the problem could be either with the compressor or the inverter board and that they have to place an order for it and it will take 3 days...

They finally came after 4 days and they said both and the board had to be replaced. It worked and the technician hardly stepped out and the same problem came up. We tried contacting the technician ..who said he cant come back immediately and he came the following day and said there was a problem with the compressor again... Mind you.. it was a new compressor ...and again they have to place another order and it will take another 3 days. The problem is they will not answer your calls nor will they update you on what's happening.

The call center is pathetic. I have been calling them for the last 2 days requesting that we need to speak the supervisor. They say they will arrange for a callback but no one calls. Till now I have not received any call from them. Product may be good but if the service is bad.... We will never want to recommend this brand to anyone... Very poor response and poor service. Higher authorities need to check on this and address this issue immediately especially when there is so much competition. We have been without a refrigerator in this peak summer for nearly 2 weeks now. Dont know how long more we have to wait..??

Original review: May 24, 2020

I bought a Samsung Appliance Package from Home Depot. Dishwasher - junk - replaced after 6 months with KitchenAid. Refrigerator ice maker freezes up multiple times. Repair dude comes out, defrosts, mumbles something about airleak, put caulk in. Ice maker still freezes up. Notice that ice is coming out of back panel. Force defrost - nope. Repair dude again - removes all shelves and pulls back panel - block of ice. Informs me that this model has icing up issues. Multiple ice maker freezes ups and rear panel freeze up over the following year. Finally had enough and ordered LG which is awesome. The most sad part is Home Depot charged me $25.00 to make this defective junkbox away.

Samsung Computers and Monitors author review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a Korean appliance company known for creating a wide range of electronics and home appliances. The company, based in Seoul, Korea, was founded in 1938.

• Technology: Samsung offers wi-fi connected refrigerators, letting users keep track of fridge contents and settings remotely.

• Color options: The company sells refrigerators in a selection of colors, including stainless steel, platinum, white, black and more. These options let customers choose a refrigerator color that matches their kitchen.

• Additional features: Samsung's refrigerators come with many additional features, like water filters, a showcase door and more.

• Warranties: Customers have the option of purchasing extended warranties to cover damage or necessary repairs over the life of the item.

• Sleek design: Samsung has a reputation for sleek, contemporary refrigerators that offer a modern, clean aesthetic.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team