2. Homeowners
  3. Refrigerators

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.29/5

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes smart vacuums, laundry appliances and kitchen appliances, including refrigerators. The company produces several models of refrigerators and includes a warranty. Samsung products are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

BOTTOM LINE

Samsung refrigerators are built to last and come in a variety of sizes, styles and colors. Models include smart features, adjustable settings and sleek designs.

PROS

• Energy-efficient
  • Multiple designs
  • Top technology
  • Temperature control

CONS

• Can be pricey
  • Short return period

Top Samsung Refrigerator Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Refrigerator?

There is lots of room to store food in it. The design of 4 doors with the option of making the third door a fridge rather than freezer space is good for large families. Plenty of shelf space in doors for sauce, jam bottles as well a cheese storage. And a nice container for eggs.

I needed a 24 inch deep refrigerator and this was just right. I've had the refrigerator for over 5 years and it has been good. The best part is if you have a problem, you call a number and a technician tells you what to do. I would recommend Samsung to all my friends.

Samsung Refrigerator Shop Now

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Samsung Refrigerators

Samsung offers five core refrigerator styles:

• 4-Door Flex
  • 3-Door French Door
  • 4-Door French Door
  • Side-By-Side
  • Top Freezer

Samsung refrigerators include a range of features and are available in a variety of sizes, layouts, colors and prices. Some key features include Wi-Fi connectivity, FlexZone, ENERGY STAR certification, autofill water pitchers and ice makers.

Depending on the model and age of your Samsung refrigerator, the warranty on its motor lasts five, 10 or 11 years. The manufacturer’s warranty for all other issues is two years from the original purchase date.

Customers can buy Samsung refrigerators at major retail stores, including Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe’s and locally owned appliance stores that carry Samsung products.

Samsung Refrigerators price

Samsung refrigerators cost from $700 to more than $4,500. The average price of a Samsung refrigerator is about $2,000.

The type, size, capacity and functions affect the price of a Samsung refrigerator. Refrigerators priced between $700 to $900 have limited features, including basic functions like an ice maker, while refrigerators that cost more than $4,500 include features like frame LED lighting, remote-view cameras and compartments with separate controls for temperature and humidity.

Discounts are available for military personnel, government workers, educators and students.

Samsung Refrigerators FAQ

Is there a class action lawsuit against Samsung refrigerator?
A class-action lawsuit was filed in 2017 involving a specific ice maker issue for a Samsung French-door refrigerator model. The lawsuit is currently in mediation.
How do you troubleshoot a Samsung refrigerator?
You can troubleshoot any issue with your Samsung refrigerator through the “Remote Support” or “Live Chat” options on the company’s website. You can also search for service locations and make a service request on the website.
How long do Samsung refrigerators last?
The average life of a Samsung refrigerator is around 15 years.

Are Samsung Refrigerators good?

Samsung refrigerators are sleek and spacious and offer top technology features and ENERGY STAR certification. Models with luxury features can be pricey, but many customers think the extra cost is worth the convenience the options provide. If the refrigerator’s functions suit your needs and the price is right for your budget, we recommend choosing a Samsung refrigerator.

Samsung Refrigerator Reviews

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Looks Nice - Acts Nice - Have not had any issues in the year I have owned (Samsung) (2500). There are some confusing things regarding how many options the shelfs can be configured. Also, Controls are Digital, to be honest they work great but I have never touched them. Hope it is the last fridge I ever buy. That was my criteria for choosing this one.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

I have had this Samsung refrigerator (model RF266AERS) for at least 10 years. It has a one touch pure water dispenser (I chose the inside dispenser) and it’s easy to change the water filter which doesn’t take up much space in the back of the fridge. It also lets you know when to change the filter. The bins are removable and the shelves are adjustable. The freezer bin holds a ton of food and I chose to have the ice machine inside the freezer which makes ice on a regular basis. It is easy to clean both inside and out. Its design is a very pretty. I have never had to get it repaired, so I never had to use the warranty. It runs very quiet. All in all, I would give it a 10!

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

My Samsung is probably 15 years old by now. It has been one of my best investments. I think I have had one repair in all that time that may have been $150 which at the time I thought was outrageous. But looking back now was cheap considering the longevity of my refrigerator. It looks great, it is still in style and is easily maintained. It is silver which is very much still in vogue and everything works! I have always taken good care of my appliances so they will last a long time. Now that I have bragged on it, well we'll see.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Samsung top freezer RT21M62135R, nominally 21 cubic feet, is fairly capacious. Unfortunately the lighting in the refrigerator section is front mounted and everything in the rear disappears into the shadows - keep a flashlight handy. The freezer also has a light, something my prior refrigerator did not have. I really like the slide and reach shelf for deli type items - very convenient. The door storage is a bit inflexible. I ordered the model without an ice maker, they shipped it to me anyway despite my attempt to stop it, which they ignored (customer service in the US is impossible to contact - they switched me to Indonesia (sic)! (Consider that I bought this model for energy efficiency, then they ship something I do not want - pure waste.) Even though they took the door off, the delivery service still managed to put eight dents in the door - too easy to dent.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I’ve had my fridge for about 8 years and so far have not had any major problems with the fridge. The only thing that had to be repaired was the ice maker that kept getting jammed. The fridge is a 4 door bottom freezer. It is a large capacity fridge. I have two teenage boys that eat a lot so the fridge is large enough to hold a lot of food and large freezer. I really like the large capacity since that is what I was initially looking for.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Our ice machine tries to make ice, but then it drips into large icebergs and clogs everything up or does not work at all even after re-setting it. The company evidently does not back up their products because we can find no help from this company. So disappointed. Our oven is now causing problems, it is gas and it goes out and keeps lighting back up. These appliances are high end and not that old.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Loved the fridge. Bottom handle broke off, just plastic based. Fridge 2011 and parts no longer available so must buy a new fridge. Maria employee#** on ticket # **. If you want a fridge to last more than ten years don't buy Samsung.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I had bought a Samsung fridge last year. Within a year the fridge stopped working. I called customer care and waiting since last 5 days to get it repaired. Buy Samsung products on your own risk. I had worst experience with them.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

We bought our Samsung French door Refrigerator/freezer 3 years ago. After the warranty expired we noticed the ice maker stopped working. Pulled the bucket out to find large ice over on the ice maker itself. Since then, every 2 weeks we have to manually defrost our ice maker. About a month ago it started leaking water out of the water/ice dispenser. Now we have to wipe the floor and collection tray numerous times a day. This also includes inside under the crisper bins where water collects. I have contacted Samsung on more than 1 occasion. 0/10, would not recommend to anyone for either product or customer service.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Within a couple of months of purchasing my refrigerator, the ice maker started leaking causing it to freeze up. I contacted Samsung and they sent out a repairman to fix it under warranty. Less than a year later it started leaking and freezing up again. At this time the customer service representative assured me that Samsung would make good on the problem and they now have a repair kit to solve the issue. She also informed that if the kit did not fix the problem Samsung would replace my refrigerator at no cost to me. The kit did not fix the problem and now Samsung is not honoring their word and has refused to replace my refrigerator.

Samsung Refrigerator Company Information