1.61/5
Based on 457 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2959 Samsung Refrigerator Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

May of 2016 we purchased our Samsung refrigerator. About 6 months after purchase we began having difficulty with our ice maker freezing up and not producing ice. We called for service after the 4 episode with the ice maker and we noticed the refrigerator was “cool” but didn’t keep food cold. The bill to replace condenser and reseal the ice maker was over $680 dollars. The service technician warned us that since the problem was caused by “poor design” there would be no guarantee on the repair. We decided not to have the repairs and purchased a new refrigerator and it’s not a Samsung!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Anyone who buys a Samsung Fridge is in for a big disappointment. The service is horrible. We've had a serviceman out to fix the same problem 5 times. The fridge will work for 4 days after repair and then the exact same problem occurs. The staff we've talked with over the phone have been uncooperative, rude, lie after lie. DON'T BUY SAMSUNG!!! They are the worst company I've ever dealt with. From looking at the reviews most people who buy Samsung have the same problems!

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

We purchased the Samsung Side by Side Refrigerator Freezer (RH22H9010R/AA) and we are having MAJOR issues with the freezer, ice maker, Frost accumulating on the shelves. Call 1800Samsung seeking help 4 times. Tech person "walked" us through but one day later the problems reoccur especially, ice maker shuts down, Frost on shelves. Here is my latest ticket number **. Our purchase was made about four years ago. IS THIS APPLIANCE CLASSIFIED AS A LEMON...

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I purchased The Stainless Samsung French Door with 2 drawers - Bottom Drawer Freezer - (Model #RF24FSEDBSR/AA) March 2016. I had issues from the first day. Ice maker was putting out approx 10 cubes per day. The cubes looked frostbitten. Water leaking from ice maker down the front of the refrigerator. Ice maker wasn't sealed properly causing moisture inside fridge. I have had many issues with the ice maker and it was replaced three times. I had another issue where my freezer stopped freezing and I lost the entire contents. Tech told me to turn it into my insurance, which I didn't.

All within the first year. Since I was having so many issues Samsung gave me a free ONE TIME service call to replace another ice maker. I continued to have issues with the ice maker and it finally stopped working altogether. I thought mine was the only one. Come to find out there are so many others with the same issues. I contacted Samsung again once I knew there were ongoing issues and mine was not the only one. I explained that I had a failed back surgery with restrictions on lifting and these 20 lb bags of ice are not easily handled. I told them that I wanted what I paid for - A working fridge, freezer and ice maker. They ignored my request. This fridge was over $3000. SO FAR they have completely ignored me.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

We purchased our Samsung refrigerator 4 years ago as new homeowners. Towards the beginning of July this year, we started having issues with the freezer not keeping things frozen - ice cream melting, meat thawing, etc. After trying the recommendations in the manual and unplugging it to "reset" it per Samsung, it seemed like our problem was fixed... for about a week. So I called Samsung again. On July 21, a technician from one of their service centers, MidAmerica, came out and discovered our sealed refrigeration system was leaking (evaporator & compressor - attached is a picture of the evaporator; all the coils are supposed to be covered in ice and only the top one of ours is due to the loss of coolant)... he also informed us that the sealed refrigeration system was still under warranty (5 year warranty stated in manual).

However, he "couldn't fix it" because he supposedly just moved to our state and didn't have the insurance/licensure to carry the parts... a little fishy, but he said we should be able to call Samsung and they will find a trained technician to fix it. Turns out - Samsung has no trained technicians for sealed refrigeration systems in our area, so they told us to find our own and they will reimburse us but only if the technician we found diagnosed the same problem... okay? So we call Mr. Appliance and they were fantastic! They came out on 7/30. They diagnosed the SAME problem but stated it would be over $2000 to fix it. They also informed us it was probably only a matter of time until our "fresh food" side stopped keeping things cool too.

We were shocked. The refrigerator did not even cost that much to begin with and we also don't have $2000 lying around. So I contact Samsung again, spoke with a girl named Brady. I offered to email her the quote as well as our proof of purchase to show that it seemed ridiculous that we were going to repair a refrigerator under a manufacturer's warranty for more than it was worth when we bought it. She put me on hold for a brief moment and came back to say we just needed to pay it and Samsung would reimburse us (mind you, there has never been anything in writing stating they would reimburse us... they're expecting us to just go on their word). Refused to let me email the quote to them and also refused to let me speak to a supervisor about the issue. She stated a supervisor would email me... which never happened.

In the meantime, we called Mr. Appliance about ordering the parts and they stated it would probably take over a month to get the compressor from Samsung... so my fiance calls Samsung to inform them of this. In our minds, it should not take a month (possibly longer) to get a warranty issue fixed! Asks to speak to a supervisor, on the phone for over an hour and talks to three separate people who are not supervisors and just keep saying it's "their policy" to have us pay this exorbitant amount of money and expect them to reimburse us. We suggested that they just replace the refrigerator - they keep indirectly saying they will find a way to get the issue resolved. They say a supervisor will call us back in 24-48 hours... we wait 3 business days and haven't heard anything, so I call them on 8/6.

I spoke with Michael, who was very nice and genuinely seemed shocked that it was taking this long to get this fixed. He actually wanted me to email him the receipts and proof of purchase unlike "Brady" and stated they would be calling Mr. Appliance since they were the only people who said they could truly fix it. We were relieved. This was short-lived however because the next day they assign our ticket to MidAmerica AGAIN and some other local company (J&D) who had already told us they don't have someone trained in sealed refrigeration systems. By this time, I am irate. I call again and tell them to refer to the images of the receipts I sent, associated with the ticket number from my phone call on 8/6 with Michael. "Gregory" tells me there are no images with that ticket number.

I felt like I was going crazy! These people are ridiculous. They are like robots every time you call - there is no history of ongoing issues, they close ticket numbers before the problem is resolved and just open a new one every time. They give you the run-around and obviously no one truly cares about resolving your problem. I submitted the images again and am still waiting on another phone call. If this product wasn't still under a manufacturer's warranty, I would've been done weeks ago. It has affected our quality of life from the stress and time we've put into this and we've spent more money than anticipated on going out to eat and frequent grocery trips for fresh food. I feel defeated.

I wish there was a "no star" option. It is somewhat comforting to see that so many other people have had issues with their Samsung refrigerators, as well as their customer service department, but also so unfortunate. I would NOT recommend any of their products to anyone at this point. I would never want anyone else to go through this like we have. Please consider this review (I know it's long - sorry! ), as well as all the others, before purchasing a Samsung product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Samsung fridge display went out. The repair tech said I would have to pay $650 to fix this fridge -- I am appalled! The fridge cost us $2500 and I see that going down the drain. Lowe's where I bought the fridge was not helpful and neither was Samsung. I think these fridges should be recalled -- how many dissatisfied customers is it going to take to get this fridge removed from the market? As customers we should be compensated.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Purchased Samsung French door refrigerator in 2015. Within 6 months, an intermittent rattling of the fan was loud enough to keep me awake. I contacted Samsung and Lowe’s at least 7 times without resolution. They made 3 visits, claimed not hear the noise and refused to repair or take back the refrigerator. I have recorded the noise. The noise is louder and more frequent now in 2018. My guests can hear it. I am so disappointed. Samsung deserves “F” for customer service and product design.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We purchased the Samsung French Door Refrigerator Model: RF25HMEDB6SA back in August of 2014 and started experiencing issues 18 months ago. Water was leaking from ice maker into crisper. Ice maker was also freezing up and required defrosting. Also, the refrigerator began making a churning noise so we finally contacted Samsung to get the appliance "serviced". They sent a technician from their authorized repair company (HSN) on 6/1. The representative from the company said that it was a bad sensor that needed to be replaced and should not have any more issues. Within 10 days, the churning sound was worse than ever. Called them back, same technician "fixed" the issue again. Wrong!

Long story short, I've had several interactions with Samsung and their "service" company with no positive results. Even though I had $200 invested in the repair with Samsung/HSN, I decided to contact a reputable company to diagnose the issue. They informed me that the "service" company did not follow the service bulletins that Samsung published. The cost to deploy the "fixes" that Samsung recommended would be over $1K for an appliance that I paid $2400 for not even four years ago! We are now buying a new refrigerator and will NEVER buy another Samsung product. Terrible product and dishonest company.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Purchased a Samsung French door black stainless steel refrigerator on Sunday (8/5/2018). From the moment we plugged it in the display flashes an PC ER code. After some searching online found a fix for it that didn’t fix it (shocker) so Monday morning called Samsung to schedule a service, because I really wasn’t trying to load it back and return to store although in hindsight should’ve done that, tech arrived Tuesday and did the same thing I had already done to try and resolve the problem which I explained to the customer service representatives I spoke with when making the service appointment.

One would think since the refrigerator model and serial number plus the problem was told to the representatives the tech they send out would come prepared with what would be needed to fix it... sadly not the case. So 2 days after purchase and a service visit I’m stuck waiting an additional 2-3 for the part that should (but not completely sure) fix the issue. I’ll be calling customer service to cancel everything and just load the piece of junk back up and return it and spend a little more for a more reliable brand. I will definitely not be purchasing any other Samsung home appliances. If you like the hassle of purchasing something and not having it work properly by all means spend the money on Samsung appliances and enjoy the stress and hassle of having to go through a service call on a new product.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

In 2016 we purchased a Samsung refrigerator and other Samsung kitchen appliances. The refrigerator Model RF25HMEDBSG is a piece of junk with the ice maker freezing over ALL the time. At first we called and had a tech come out to fix it. He mentioned that this is a very common problem. So after reading all the same issues others are having why is there not a recall on such a piece of junk. DO NOT waste your money. It happens so often, we keep a hair dryer near the fridge to defrost the darn thing so we can get ice. I will never buy another Samsung appliance.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I too bought the French Doors Samsung refrigerator. Five ice maker repairs, water in floor, 80 degrees in fridge side and the clicking of the fan as it starts hitting ice buildup and then dies a painful death. This refrigerator is truly junk and is not inexpensive. I have had it four years and as I type this it is not working. Tech suppose to come Tuesday the 14th of August. Repair if able to be repaired will only last short while. To say the least I am give up fooling with this expensive piece of junk and will never buy another Samsung fridge.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I bought Samsung dishwasher and a Samsung refrigerator. A little after a year our dishwasher went out. Samsung sent out a repairman. It cost us a little over $200.00 dollars to get fixed. A few months later it stopped working again. Decided to get rid of the dishwasher. The icemaker and the fridge part of our refrigerator stopped working. Samsung referred us to Service Quick to repair it. The serviceman told us the ice maker will need to be replaced and to fix the fridge he will need a sensor. The cost would be $900.00 and $200.00 service call. I called Samsung again and they do nothing for people who buy their products. DO NOT BUY ANY SAMSUNG PRODUCTS. We decided to buy another refrigerator. NOT A SAMSUNG!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

4 Door Refrigerator: I bought Samsung's line of appliances when I redid my kitchen the summer of 2015. I've had the ice maker repaired 2x since then and had to pay out of my pocket since the year warranty was up. Now for the second time the compressor went. The compressor has a 5 year warranty. The first time they put Freon because they couldn't find the leak. They came again and said it is not fixable that I should be getting a new refrigerator from Samsung. Went painstaking through the process to the point I was told they are locating my model. Once they do and "it's on the truck" they'll call with the delivery date. Didn't hear anything for a week. Called back I and was told since the refrigerator is out of warranty they are not giving me a new one. I said the compressor is not fixable and has a 5 year warranty. I was told that doesn't matter because the refrigerator warranty is up and the compressor is not fixable.

So why do you claim a 5 year warranty on compressor. If you can't fix or replace the compressor it's my problem??? BTW the compressor is in a location they cannot reach, so they say. $3000 for a refrigerator that has had issues after 18 months. I asked to speak to a supervisor w/ 3 different calls. Finally got one, Ricky, and he swore he'd get back to me in 3 hour. That was a week ago. The customer service is HORRIBLE. They've hung up on me 3x and never called back. And each call since 6/29/18 is an hour. You need to go through the whole story. After telling me I was getting a new refrigerator and waiting a week to find out, no, no refrigerator not one person from Samsung called to tell me they changed their minds. I am now going to get a lawyer.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The ice maker on this fridge (Samsung Refrigerator Model RF23HCEDBWW) is a nightmare. We have had it for a year and since day one, it has created frost, not dispensed a lot of ice and leaked both inside and outside of the appliance. It builds ice up inside the refrigerator portion, underneath the bottom chill drawer. Save yourself some heartache and DO NOT purchase this model.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I bought a Samsung French three door refrigerator. Ice maker froze over, major ice build up in the back panel of the unit. The fan began hitting the ice build up. I called Samsung, a representative told me parts and labor were covered for 5 years. Technician shows up and tells me the evaporator fan and defrost sensor are bad. Technician tells me those items are not covered. I called Samsung while the technician is here working on the unit. Samsung tells me again the units cooling system is covered under warranty.

The technician tells me and the Samsung representative the parts are not covered. Samsung representative tells me the evaporator fan and sensor are not covered because they are not part of the cooling system. I watch the technician out sealer around the icemaker because the unit doesn't have a good seal. 326.00 it costs me to fix the unit. After 55 minutes on the phone, Samsung tells me they cannot help with the cost. I spoke with Dianna and Henderson in customer service. I WILL NOT BY ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT AGAIN.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I’m another unhappy Samsung customer. I have bought half of my appliances from Samsung and I do regret a lot that. Customer service is shady with clear intent to hid the problem. Overpromised repair, and didn’t follow up. Do not buy it. There is a class action again Samsung for the designed flawed ice maker. And they are not offering to help fixing it. They are putting it under the buyers’ responsibility. Shady and awful company. I will avoid as much as I can to ever buy any other product from Samsung. They may save a couple of hundred dollars by not fixing the ice maker issue, but with that I hope they lose thousands of dollars by not selling me anything else ever again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I've had this Samsung French door refrigerator w/ ice maker since 2012. It has continually built up of ice, under the ice maker every 5/6 weeks. Have notice partially melted ice in the storage bucket, in which it jams the ice dispenser. Either I use a hair dryer to defrost or chip the sheet of ice off the ice maker. To free the ice out of the ice maker bucket I run warm water through it. Have updated the motherboard, and replaced the ice maker twice. With one new revision, that has a physical square rectangle water intake housing. As seen in picture new one on the left the side. None of these parts fixed my problems!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I bought my Samsung refrigerator in Aug 2013. The soda stream compartment failed in the first 6 months and was replaced under warranty. A year later, the fan in the back of the fridge made loud noises. It was covered with ice so the repairman replaced the entire panel. A year after that, it froze again and the repairman pulled it out and thawed it with a hairdryer. This continued every year. Now that I am in year 5, the main display is now inoperable and beeps continuously. The freezer is 48 degrees and the fridge is at 43. It is not cooling at all. Repairman out today said the main panel needs to be replaced. He got it running, but now the compressor sounds like a helicopter. I would never expect this amount of aggravation from a "quality" brand. DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR!!! We have decided to buy another brand after 5 years. You would think it would have lasted at least 15.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator in 2016. I have since had to manually defrost the coil and fan three times and as I am writing this, the fan is running noisily and tomorrow I will have to pull off the back panel behind the shelves and defrost it yet again with a hairdryer because this build up keeps the refrigerator from cooling. I am a disabled man living mostly on a fixed income. The refrigerator cost roughly $3000 which took me a year to pay off. I called customer service and the rep told me that he could do nothing about it. I asked to speak to his supervisor to see what recourse I had if any and was met with extreme hostility. He outright refused to resolve my issue or offer anything helpful.

Samsung needs to teach its people what professional customer service looks like. I did not appreciate the condescending tone of their customer support agents. I also work for the largest home goods and building material retailer in the United States and have actively informed customers not to purchase any Samsung appliance until they improve the quality of their product and customer support. I would suggest that others provide the same service to family and friends who need to spend their hard earned money on a new appliance.

Recently, we needed a new dishwasher and purchased a GE which my wife and I are very pleased with. Presently, we will never buy any Samsung product whether it be a household appliance, phone, tablet, TV or anything else. After the “convenient” freezer door handle, being only supported through plastic, broke off for the second time and after having manually defrosted the fan, coil, and heating element for the third time in two weeks, I bit the bullet and bought a new fridge. It seems you have to purchase the entire freezer drawer to fix one plastic piece.

By the way, the Whirlpool I purchased has performed great with all the features of the Samsung for about 40% less cost. I have just finished writing a rather lengthy letter to the consumer protection agency documenting the numerous issues and failed CS conversations. I advise anyone thinking of doing the same be sure to document all calls (i.e. date, time, rep name, etc.). Take pictures with your phone of all visible issues including the rust spots your stainless probably has because of its apparent poor quality. I am hopeful someone may read this who can help...

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Samsung RF 32 double door refrigerator - I have been in contact with Samsung about a common problem with a failure on our ice maker, even though it is in several complaint chats and is noted by Samsung as they offer a $700.00 improved replacement part with a bigger fan to accommodate the heat from the motor. Samsung's support line will not authorize the repair thru there designated representative company that also says that it should be covered. The appliance repair company told me to ask for a one-time acceptance allowance and I am still being denied. NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT. I WILL NEVER BUY SAMSUNG AGAIN.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I'll never buy another Samsung fridge again. The icemaker is worthless - crushes ice when you try and get cubes. Hardly any cubes come out anyway. Water and ice dispenser leak. Worst problem is the rattling noise caused by a small compressor fan blades hitting ice build-up in back of fridge behind the inside rear panel. Technician came out and removed all ice buildup and replaced the fan. He then repositioned a sensor control and plugged an air hole in back. He said it would not have icing problem again. 3 months later, the same problem. Very annoying, obnoxious rattling noise as fan clicks on ice. There are dozens of Internet posts. Clearly a design defect. Samsung takes no responsibility for the problem. They said they came out once - and any other calls will be on my nickel. Pathetic! They don't or won't or can't fix the defect - and they expect you to pay for it!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I was promised a refund for my unrepairable Samsung refrigerator, and they rescinded that offer. Terrible customer service. People were argumentative. Information was withheld from me. One support person even had the gall to tell me that I should have known the refund procedure. Everyone refused to connect me to a manager. And no manager ever called me back. Speaking with a manager may have cleared up the refund procedure. The whole process was taking over a month, and I was without a working refrigerator. I was never told that there were stipulations attached to the refund, namely that I needed to take pictures of the detached serial number and power cord. They told me to keep the unit until the refund was final.

When I asked "why", their only answer was that the refund was not final. They NEVER said that I would NOT get the refund without the unit, because at the very end they would ask me to provide picture documentation. They told me I had to dispose of the unit myself, which I had Sears haul it away. Now Samsung is saying "GOTCHA! even though we withheld the refund requirements, we still rescind the offer".

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Same experience as others. French door refrigerator 16 months old, and we are not here 6 months of the yr. Have Home appliance warranty but took a month to get fixed, Samsung parts are backlogged over a month. Icemaker makes 4 cubes then doesn’t work. Samsung refuses to do anything, many CS representative conversations. Would never buy another.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I had purchased 556 lit fridge in 2014. First the new fridge was not working. With the help of the retailer I could get it replaced. Now my problem is the fridge part doesn’t cool. The engineers came and changed many parts but the result it will work for 5 to ten days and fail. Me being a techie could find the problem that the defrosting doesn't take place. Now they are telling me that they are ready to give me 54% of the invoice and they will take back my fridge. But when paid 60000/- and works for 2.5 years why should buy from Samsung. Now the quality much worse than the cheapest brand in the market. I had the same problem with washing machine and LED TV. Please don't buy Samsung if you want peace of mind.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

We brought a Samsung 4 doors black stainless steel refrigerator in the Fall of 2016. Three months ago refrigerator and freezer stopped working. First was the compressor. They changed it. The refrigerator did not work! They founded leak in the sealed system. It was fixed. Now two months later the freezer not working again. Never again SAMSUNG!!!

Original review: July 29, 2018

Ice maker model # DA97 1254OA. Like everyone else’s, this icemaker freezes over and Samsung refuses to repair or recall. Spent hours talking to customer support who was of no help at all and even hung up on me twice. Will never use Samsung again. Would love to participate in class action suit.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Have a refrigerator less than one year old with a compressor which does not work, fridge and freezer are not cooling. Samsung Warranty Service has been less than good in co-operating in repairing and/or repairing. It has been 48 hours so far and still no sign of a service technician appointment. Numerous telephone calls to Samsung and numerous online chats with Samsung have proven futile. Have received many promises from Samsung to resolve this issue over the last 48 hours but still without a resolution or a service appointment.

I am now requesting a new fridge. Have young children and a baby who requires formula to be chilled. 48 hours of using neighbour's fridge and purchasing ice for a cooler. Have spoken with Ken, manager of Public Relations for Samsung, have been told their service dept (Transglobal) would call immediately to set up repair appointment. So far it has been 17 hours without that phone call. STAY AWAY FROM SAMSUNG APPLIANCE. Refrigerator model #RF25HMEDBSR 5 DOOR with water and ice maker. Cost $2498.00 CDN July 2017.

Original review: July 27, 2018

We purchased a Samsung 4 door refrigerator in the fall of 2016. 17 months later the refrigerator stopped working. Repair serviceman gave us estimate of $1100 + to repair and he said there was unknown underlying issue which he could not repair. We phone Samsung and all they would say was "it was only guaranteed for one year".

Original review: July 27, 2018

Our Samsung refrigerator has had issues since the beginning. The ice maker on top freezes up, water pools under drawer & onto the hardwood floor even though the ice maker on top is turned off. Ice accumulates behind the back panel causing the motor to grind very loudly. When we travel we turn off the water to the house to prevent water on floor. We understand a class action lawsuit has been filed & repair calls don’t fix the problem. This brand is a lemon & we want it replaced with a reliable unit.

Original review: July 26, 2018

My ICEMAKER on the French door models of Samsung has been terrible. So bad that it's starting to rust the outer door where water has been dripping down from the ice dispenser on to the outer door. Called and they said it would cost me well over $300.00 to fix it. They didn't say anything about the rust on the door. Even though the warranty is up, this is crazy. We just had a service guy come out on yesterday about another issue with the TwinCooling Plus panel on the inside back wall. That was $309.00. Three hundred here and three hundred there adds up to a lot. Also the warranty on this is only for a year. Have a lot of Samsung TVs and washer and dryer. But this will make me think twice on Samsung.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a Korean appliance company known for creating a wide range of electronics and home appliances. The company, based in Seoul, Korea, was founded in 1938.

• Technology: Samsung offers wi-fi connected refrigerators, letting users keep track of fridge contents and settings remotely.

• Color options: The company sells refrigerators in a selection of colors, including stainless steel, platinum, white, black and more. These options let customers choose a refrigerator color that matches their kitchen.

• Additional features: Samsung's refrigerators come with many additional features, like water filters, a showcase door and more.

• Warranties: Customers have the option of purchasing extended warranties to cover damage or necessary repairs over the life of the item.

• Sleek design: Samsung has a reputation for sleek, contemporary refrigerators that offer a modern, clean aesthetic.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for high-quality, high-tech refrigeration devices, and college students in need of small, affordable mini-refrigerators.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

1938
Korea Sout
www.samsung.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business