Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Samsung Refrigerator Reviews

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Samsung fridge with the drink drawer is the smarter purchase I've made! I purchased the 'Samsung - 28.2 Cu. Ft. 4-Door French Door Apps Refrigerator with Thru-the-Door Ice and Water - Stainless steel -Model:RF28HMELBSR" 3 years ago and have never regretted it. The fridge is a powerhouse with cool features. The drink drawer is SO awesome! It keeps our soda and beer cool and out of the way! It has a mini-touchscreen that plays Pandora, shows our calendar, weather and news, plus has an app for drawing notes. The connection isn't always stable and the phone mirroring app never worked, but I don't care. It's really cool. Keeps the food fresh, the freezer is large and has a drawer for small items as well. The shelves are movable and it looks lovely. I totally recommend it!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

We love our Samsung Smart French Door refrigerator! It is counter-depth, with the black fingerprint resistant finish. Beautiful appliance that really looks fantastic in our kitchen. This refrigerator has a surprisingly large food capacity. It has the 4-zone drawer, adjustable shelves, ice maker and water in the door. One of my absolutely favorite feature of this refrigerator though is the built-in pitcher inside of the door. It can be used as a fruit infusion pitcher and it automatically refills itself! The bottom freezer has two drawers with separations and makes organization easy.

The four zone refrigerator drawer makes it easy to find snacks or other often used items. The easy access door with removable handled baskets is very handy and energy efficient. This refrigerator also has the smart feature that I can access at any time on my phone. We bought this refrigerator when it was on sale; otherwise I would say that the price would be kind of prohibitive. Otherwise, I hardily recommend this refrigerator!

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

This refrigerator is one of the best we have ever had. Being a Navy family, we are always on the move, resulting in new appliances every few years. We found early on that selling our used appliances before a move, was more cost effective than risking damage to them. Samsung refrigerators are priced well, energy efficient, as well as nice to look at. I love the french doors and freezer on the bottom. The middle drawer is the favorite feature in this house. Putting the most used items in the drawer, saves opening the doors to the top storage area so many times each day. The crisper drawer lives up to its name, keeping lettuce fresh and crispy as long as 10 days.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

We bought our Samsung from Lowe's. It was on sale and with my veteran's discount, it was a great price. We are empty nesters and the size of the fridge is perfect for us, with ample door storage. Lots of freezer space also. We love the filtered ice/water through the door options. The stainless steel is so easy to keep clean and looks really sharp. Temperature controls actually work where in some other brands we have owned they were more like idiot gages, nonfunctional. We have owned it six years now and still loving it. Only thing I would change is the location of the water filter. Put it up top so an old man like me does not have to lay down to make the change.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I like my my Samsung 4 door. I did compare many size and one of the important thing was the ice maker. Most ice maker goes into the door now and don't hold a lot of ice. Damn, it is main thing for many, Ice. This one has a long tray and it does make 4 trays of ice. Had a Kenmore before side by side. Doors don't open wide enough. This one does. The freezer is very big and like the setting that I can set for -8 degrees. Important if you go fishing for Tuna. At 32 degrees you have to eat up Tuna within 3 months. Zero degrees and below, can hold tuna up to a year. Properly seal up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Did a kitchen renovation and bought a stainless steel 33 inch Samsung rf197 fridge. 3 months later it starts leaking water into the vegetable trays. The fridge freezes up. Everything inside is frozen and ruined. Ice builds up and stops the fan. After defrosting numerous times again ruined everything. Ice in fridge section again builds up and fridge shuts down again ruined everything. Compressor stops working for fridge section freezer keeps working. I am now on a first name basis with the repairman. Compressor stops 1 week before 5 year warranty up on compressor. Have to fight with samsung for repair. 18 months later the second compressor has gone. Enough is enough. Moved my beautiful samsung to the curb (no marks on stainless steel) and bought a different brand.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

We bought a Samsung Refrigerator, model RF260BEAESR, under 5 years ago. Its cooling system completely failed one night ruining the entire contents of the fridge and freezer. We are a family of 5 so it wasn't half full either. Since then there have been 3 repair attempts with each resulting in more part failures and more parts ordered. It produces a horrendous chemical/oil stench when plugged in and I can't imagine that's ok to breathe for my three children. It's been a month with no fridge and enough is enough. Just replace the thing already, admit it was a terrible product and let's move on.

DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG REFRIGERATORS. All repair persons have said same thing, terribly made, they do not last, and they are a pain to deal with. Save yourself the headache and go with a different brand. Hopefully Lowe's will honor their warranty and replace the lemon already and do the right thing. That's why we bought the warranty and why they are offered, right????

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Samsung Refrigerator RF 267 Series. We have been very unhappy with our Samsung Refrigerator. We bought it approx 6 years ago and have numerous expensive repairs. A new refrigerator should not require costly repairs to keep it running. Our last repair replaced the "guts" of the refrigerator and an ice maker part - approx $600. This is just to keep the thing running! We have had to replace 3 of the plastic side shelves (at a heft cost) because they are so cheap that they just broke apart with regular use. DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR unless you don't mind constantly putting money into it.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I purchased Samsung 4 door flex refrigerator July 2018. The ice maker started freezing over and not working and has been doing this every couple of month. I have been thawing it out and reseting it. It’s now December 2019 and no longer reset. I called Samsung and they directed me to a repair company who doesn’t return calls. I’m so unhappy with Samsung as I have looked them up on Youtube and blogs where there are so many complaints about the ice maker not just my model but numerous models. There is also a class action suit. I have always purchased their electronics and I have their washer/dryer which I have not had any problems. Do not buy their refrigerator until they fix this problem.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

We had trouble with our fridge from day one. This was 3 years ago, well before the current onslaught of consumers with huge problems, so we received a refund after 5 non-repairs. Thousands of consumers have been defrauded and this company should have been forced to recall the 20+ models that are, very simply, crap. Samsung has tried over and over to make consumers pay for repairs, which do not fix the problems anyway. They, also, try to dupe people that they are out of warranty, while this is NOT a warranty issue. It is a design flaw, which his company knows very well and refuses to resolve without extreme stress for its purchasers. Shame on them.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a Korean appliance company known for creating a wide range of electronics and home appliances. The company, based in Seoul, Korea, was founded in 1938.

• Technology: Samsung offers wi-fi connected refrigerators, letting users keep track of fridge contents and settings remotely.

• Color options: The company sells refrigerators in a selection of colors, including stainless steel, platinum, white, black and more. These options let customers choose a refrigerator color that matches their kitchen.

• Additional features: Samsung's refrigerators come with many additional features, like water filters, a showcase door and more.

• Warranties: Customers have the option of purchasing extended warranties to cover damage or necessary repairs over the life of the item.

• Sleek design: Samsung has a reputation for sleek, contemporary refrigerators that offer a modern, clean aesthetic.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for high-quality, high-tech refrigeration devices, and college students in need of small, affordable mini-refrigerators.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs