1.54/5

3051 Samsung Refrigerator Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We purchased a complete set of the black stainless appliances. After 14 months the black finish on the stove began flaking off. I contacted Samsung only to learn my appliances were out of warranty. I was informed that even if they weren't, it is a cosmetic issue and thus would not be covered. They offered to send a rep at my expense for an estimate of cost which I would have to pay. They admitted it is not what they feel is acceptable quality, but refused to take ownership for the repair. Since, there is additional flaking on the range, the microwave and the fridge. Bad Samsung!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We purchased a our Samsung refrigerator in 2014. Had an issue with the ice make about 8 months after purchase. Had to go through a 30 minute call to get a service person out. Notified us the ice maker was known to have issues. About 2 years later we have the same issue with the ice maker. Go through the 30 minute call again. Tech comes out and tells us this is a known problem and Samsung is replacing the units for some due to the issue. I called and of course ours was too old. Same problem and same ice maker but they won't honor any known issues with their product. Had issues with a Samsung dishwasher too. Samsung's appliances are junk and folks should avoid purchasing.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We purchased a Samsung French door refrigerator in 2012 for a kitchen renovation at a cost of approximately $2200.00. My husband found a puddle of water one morning and after 'resetting the computer' several times, the freezer was starting to melt items and the fridge section was 65 degrees. Everything was thrown away and a repairman was called. Two local repairman refused to work on a Samsung product. I had to call a Samsung certified repairman. While cleaning out the freezer I found this little light looking item with wires coming out of each side, it was no bigger than my little finger. When the certified technician got there, I immediately showed him the part that I found in the freezer drawer. He said, "I can't fix this refrigerator." The part that fell off was from the top of the freezer ceiling inside the pull out drawer and it was dislodged from the wiring harness that was UP inside the fridge and there was no way to fix it.

I asked how much I owed him and he said $75.00. I paid it but 75.00 for less than a 5 minute visit was terrible. Anyway, he left his card and I told him I didn't need it, because I would NEVER have another Samsung appliance. This is a design flaw with Samsung that they could easily fix and unfortunately it's on all Samsung refrigerators. We asked our local repairman what he would recommend and he said GE, LG or Whirlpool. We looked at Lowe's and all Samsung products had the little item on the top of the freezer ceiling so that if something bumps it, the fridge cannot be fixed.

Our Whirlpool has the same item on the back wall of the freezer so that NOTHING can bump it. Losing a 2200.00 6 year old fridge is terrible... customer service was terrible and knowing the problem with the fridge and not fixing it tells me that Samsung is only interested in making money on the sales and ensuring that their refrigerators don't last. Poor design... poor appliances. Samsung stick to phones please.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Purchased my dream refrigerator/bottom freezer on 6/22/2018 for $1499.00 or so I thought. 2 months later freezer stopped working. Called Samsung every 7-10 days for over 2 months because they never called me back like they promised. As I waited the ice maker quit, then the refrigerator. I kept getting the runaround. I was so disappointed and one day when I called I cried, was told to email the office of the President at Samsung. I did - nothing - finally a representative from the "office of the President" named Linda called me back, gave me her personal phone extension #.

Told me my order was approved & I had to wait another 10 days for a moving company to call me. When I checked my caller ID I realized she was calling from the same call center I had called from every week. They lie to their customers. 2 weeks later I finally got the call. On October 16th I received replacement. My first call was beginning of August! I will never ever buy another Samsung appliance. I hope this one holds up. I will be sick if I have to go through this process again.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Purchased this refrigerator on 09/04/2017. First issue was with the computer connecting to Samsung app. After multiple tries and updating this problem was resolved. Other problem is with the ice maker. Currently still purchasing bagged ice due to lack of function. Called Home Depot in Knoxville because we purchased warranty through them. They told us it was still under factory warranty so they couldn't help us. Wondering why they sell warranty if they do not honor it at this point. They gave us the phone number to Samsung so we attempted to go that route. First of all customer service rep was very hard to understand. Her ability to speak English was very much lacking. After almost an hour we had no resolution to the problem. She insisted it just needed reset and would not schedule a repair technician to come out. Needless to say after resetting the problem still exists and we are still buying bagged ice!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

My warranty was out 8-31-17. Right after this, the icemaker started seizing up, like it was frozen and couldn't make ice. After much research I found a Youtube video that showed you how to take out the icemaker, turn off the icemaker, sit for 2 days then works again. You have to do this every 2 weeks. It costs $700 to fix this for an appliance that I paid just under $3000 for! Samsung is no help so I have joined the class action lawsuit.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Samsung is a joke. We have a refrig, under warranty. They sent a tech 3 times, 3rd time (after charging us a total of $220) declared nonrepairable and they'd send a check for the invoice total (we submitted all they asked for, including a photo that we'd cut the cord!). Promised refund on 9/12/2018. 10/12/2018 the chat guy doesn't answer. Nothing sent. They have trained people to keep you in a crazy loop that makes you think they're working on the problem. In the end, nothing has happened but empty promises. Do NOT purchase SAMSUNG. There's a reason for the low rating.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Purchased the refrigerator recently. Samsung has been out numerous times and can't repair it. The problems seem to change with each tech and with each phone call. I get different reasons why it doesn't work correctly. Last outsider tech rep stated it was the smart app in the refrigerator has a problem. Samsung does not live up to its advertising or product warranty. Would not recommend Samsung to my worst enemy. In the advertising it states "Stream music and videos, and watch your Samsung TV directly on your Family Hub..." Also bought a new Samsung TV and they are not compatible. So states some Samsung reps. Others say that it should work. Spent a lot of money on garbage, in my opinion.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I have had the steel fridge for 6 years and 5 years of problems. I went to get a repair to the fridge as a sound was coming out of the fridge. The fridge section was warming, so we threw the contents out etc. The repairman said that don't waste your money leave the appliance off for 24 hours and all will be good until the next time and do it again. The crisper also freezes the vegetables all the time. This has been going on for 5 years. I am looking for another appliance now as we have had enough, now the off on situation does not work like that. From other complaints it seems that they have not learnt their lesson.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Samsung is stalling on my repair/replacement request until I pass the manufacturer warranty. I contacted Samsung several times requesting that they either service or replace my refrigerator. The refrigerator is constantly leaking in the drawers, the freezer and the floors and does not cool well at the recommended temperature. The representative transferred me to an incorrect service department. Second time around, they kept me for 1.5 hours and claimed they can’t find the serial number to match the model and asked me to send them a copy- I did. Still no feedback or contact from Samsung or its service dept.

The company is ignoring the American consumer! There is so many consumer complaints about Samsung refrigerators having the same issues as I report. These are not small ticket items. It is about time for Samsung to own up to its bad products and recall these refrigerators. My old refrigerator by a different manufacturer lasted 50 years. The Samsung refrigerators did not last 6 months. It is time for Consumers Affairs and the Attorney General to order Samsung to recall its products and to reimburse its consumers for every refrigerator with problems. It is time for Consumer Affairs and the Attorney General to prohibit Samsung from selling its refrigerators in the US! Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I redid my kitchen in 2015, so I needed all new appliances. I loved how the Samsung 4 door French door refrigerator looked and I researched and others seemed to love it...clearly, they didn't wait a year after to review. A year later, it stopped cooling. I had just made a Costco run so both the fridge and freezer were at max capacity. All that food had to be tossed. I called Samsung and they sent someone out a couple days later. It was a fuse that blew out, literally took him 15 minutes to fix. Fast forward to 2017, the fridge makes a loud humming noise like a plane taking off and water drips from the water/ice dispenser...found the problem online. It is a known design flaw. The back freezes up, so that is the humming noise. I look online and everyone says to thaw out the fridge. Ok, I do that and reload all the food...again.

A few months later it happens again, however, this time the ice maker is also so frozen that no ice dispenses...oh, and the water STILL leaks out. I research...again, known flaw, but this time it's the rubber seal isn't tight enough. So, thaw out the fridge. Again this works for oh...about a month. Then it happens again. I literally just defrosted it again 2 days ago because everything was frozen up. Today it is humming LOUDLY. I will NEVER EVER purchase another appliance from Samsung. There is a class action lawsuit pending concerning these issues, FYI. Unfortunately, I also have a dishwasher and washer/dryer. So far, so good on those appliances. Do NOT purchase a Samsung appliance. Period.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Purchased full kitchen suite August 2016. The only unit we haven't had to have repairs on is the range. The refrigerator is the worst of all. On our third repair the unit doesn't defrost properly which causes ice build up and the fan motor freezes. This in turn causes the unit to run at 50 degrees F. So not only are we several hundred into repairs were out several hundred in spoiled food. Appropriate that it's Halloween cause the nightmare just won't stop.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I cannot recommend a Samsung refrigerator. I'm so sick of getting it repaired every so many months. They clean the drain and leave. Where is the replacement parts for this issue. And not at my cost!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Fridge quit working a week before our one year warranty was due to run out. I called 8/13/2018 and 3 repairmen came out and assessed 3 different repairs and parts. 9/04/2018 they told us we qualified for an exchange and that approval took until 9/30/2018 to get approved. Still after numerous calls and never getting to speak to anyone in charge that can do anything and getting told that this is normal is totally ridiculous. Next week we will have waited 60 days and they tell us that is the process. I am so fed up with this company and their total disregard for consumers that bought their defective products.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I purchased this refrigerator from Home Depot on September 3 2017. It quit working on August 20, 2018. It still has the Samsung factory warranty. They sent a repair person to fix it on September 11, 2018. They had the wrong parts and could not get the right parts. Samsung agreed to replace the refrigerator on September 12, 2018. It is now October 5, 2018 and I still have no refrigerator. Samsung has the absolute worst customer service on the planet. I truly don't know how they stay in business. I asked for a refund so I can buy an American made refrigerator. Still no answer. Home Depot has done everything they can and are no further in the negotiation process with them than I am. Please do not buy any Samsung products of any kind.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

With 14 months of purchasing this 2017 $5,000 Samsung Chef edition fridge, the ice maker started to drip water excessively onto the drip tray. Samsung made an exception & sent a service company to repair, that consisted of replacing the entire ice maker. That repair only lasted 4 months. They sent the same repair company out again, more parts to replace, the flapper valve mounted in the door that closes the outside air from getting in the ice maker. Within 31 days same problem again.

I see online that there is a class action lawsuit over these fridges. The ** appliance I've ever owned. I've called repeatedly, they won't do anything about it, other than refer me to a service company. This is definitely a design flaw, that fact that they're not willing to do anything about is criminal. The class action lawsuit started in 2016, they were still selling this defective product knowing damn well there are these issues.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Bought a Samsung dual electric range and French door freezer on the bottom fridge as well as extended warranty! Multiple breakdowns of fridge with over 4 call outs! Stove smells of electrical burn when using the oven. The stove top receptive plug has had a short since day one. They claim they have a no lemon clause, but these were both lemons. Didn't last 5 years! Will never buy Samsung again and am now wondering about their phones etc. Loyalty begins with quality products and service. Samsung appliances and service are sorely lacking. Don't waste your money or your time and don't trust the companies that sell their products under the assurance that they are a quality product... anyone who sells junk is not to be trusted!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I want to alert people to the poor quality and service performance associated with Samsung appliances. We purchased our Samsung French door refrigerator 3 years ago as part of a kitchen remodel. In 3 years we have already had +$700 of repairs and service calls. Within 2 years the defrosting system failed, leaking on our new floor and the door closing mechanism has failed. Service was poor and costly. Overall a horrible experience with Samsung appliances and service. I do not want others to not benefit from this costly and miserable experience. Save yourself the time, money and aggravation - do not buy Samsung.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I purchase my home 4 years ago. So I wanted all new appliances to go with my new home. I went to Sears. Bought a refrigerator, washer and dryer. All Samsung. I also did renovations to my home before I moved in. I didn’t move I until maybe 10 months later. Now my refrigerator leaks. The drawers are flooded with water. Or it’s frozen and can’t open. Also my dryer. That stopped working. Was told I need a new motor. And Samsung told me the manufacturer warranty is only for two years. I can’t even wrap my head around this. Samsung does not stand by their products. I’m so disappointed. Here I thought I was getting a good brand. And got everything brand new. So upset.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have owned the double French door Refrig for just over 3 years and Ice maker goes out. 2 appointments to repair and over $300 in P & L. Ice maker now dispenses crushed and cube together while on cube program, this issue never happened before Ice maker went out. Their Separate service company says it needs a new part to correct new problem and costs an additional fee! Samsung unwilling to send new part at their cost. I am considering after reading reviews and how many there are a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against Samsung and its service company! I would like to know who would be open for such a Suit?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

This company is a joke. My refrigerator went out 3 months after we purchased it. It took them 2 wks to get a tech out only to tell us that he could not fix it. I have to call just about every day to ask what going on. Every time their response is "I am going to escalate your ticket, you should hear back from us within 48 hrs or 7 - 10 business days" and here I am two months and a half after and Samsung cannot provide me with a replaced refrigerator nor a refund. I will never purchase anything from Samsung again!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I bought my Samsung refrigerator a few years ago. It's been serviced several times and still doesn't work right. The ice maker backs up and my produce drawers freeze shut in the refrigerator part. I continually have "flooding" underneath and inside the drawers. Every week, I am throwing out food because it’s floating in the flood inside my fridge. Would not suggest this refrigerator or any other made by Samsung.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

We have had our refrigerator for about 3 years and had many problems with it. The defrost drain continually stops up and the water pools up in the crisper, the meat compartment and the bottom into the refrigerator. You have to unload the refrigerator and manually defrost it (takes 24 hours or more). This lasts for about 6 months and you have to do it again. The ice maker is noisy and continually drips water out of the dispenser. The ice maker also sweats inside which causes many problems. The doors are very hard to close and keep close. When you shut one door, it pushes the other door open. You must make sure you push both doors at the same time. Samsung was no help even though this is a widespread issue with their refrigerators. Will never buy a Samsung product again!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

The only thing worse than Samsung appliances is Samsung's customer service. Run away as far and fast as you can. I have been without a fridge that's under warranty for over 6 weeks now and still not even close to having this process resolved. Samsung will not be helpful and will tell you something different every time you call.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I have Samsung refrigerator model number RF28HMEDBBC/AA and it has been overwhelmingly problematic. It was a problem pretty much right from the start. The icemaker would dump slushy ice and water. Then it would freeze up and not make ice at all. It would also freeze a barrier of ice cubes to the top of the freezer which prevented it from dumping ice then there would be no ice. The ice bucket cracked and was replaced multiple times. A technician would come out and sometimes call Samsung right while they were here. They would get what was supposedly the latest fix from Samsung and declare it fixed and it would work a few weeks and quit. Fortunately, I bought the five year extended warranty when I purchased the refrigerator and after 6-10 times of trying to fix the problem the warranty company refunded my money. I highly doubt that I will ever purchase another Samsung appliance.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Just wanted to add my two cents on the cause of the intermittent fan grinding noise as we are having the same problem as most of the other reviewers on the Samsung French Door Refrigerator RF268 Series. For some reason, water gets under the Styrofoam Insulation that is underneath the plastic cover and the food part of the freezer that shields the evaporator coil. That water subsequently freezes which causes the insulation to bulge enough to make contact with the two fans that distribute the frigid air in the lower freezer section.

I have not been able to determine how water can remain in contact with the Styrofoam, that is vertical and not flat, long enough to penetrate and position itself so that when it freezes it rises up high enough to get to the fans. It is definitely a design flaw that has not been addressed by the Samsung in what seems like quite long time as we bought ours in 2011 and it looks like it's still a major complaint close to 8 years late.

It is not that difficult an operation to get at that cover and clean everything up but it's most inconvenient to take everything out of the freezer to put in the ice chest and then have to take the freezer door off altogether to gain access to the cover. It's 4 bolts on the door, two screws on the ice maker and 2 screws on the cover with 3 connectors for the fans and temp sensor. When we renovate the kitchen in another year or two will trade this in for a LG Fridge. Our Samsung Washer and Dryer which are the same vintage as the fridge, are doing fine though and will hold on to them for the foreseeable future.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Bought two fridges. Within 4 months water was accumulating on the bottom of the fridge compartment in one then the second one did same at six months... Replaced fridge fan on both since ice buildup damaged both units... Replaced heater elements on both as they both failed, replaced PC board main on both as well as PC inverter board. One is running. Other has died again with the user-control-and-display-board having failed along with freezer fan failure. Now has burnt insulation smell and no power to interior lights. Repairman was stumped. Considering using these appliances as anchors. Never had so much trouble and spent so much on two fridges. Worthless. Samsung should stick to making phones.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We moved into a new house and decided to replace the appliances. We read the reviews, thank you for the people who do this. It helps, and saw Samsung got terrible reviews on their dishwashers but nothing bad on the particular fridge we were interested in. There were no bad reviews because this fridge was newer and I don't think enough time passed for the problems to emerge. Model number RF28K9380SR, so we went for it, spent a good amount of money on it and months after we bought it (Brand New) we had big problems with the ice maker completely freezing over. We had the SAME parts break 5 times in less than one year. We have requested our money back or a completely new fridge.

After weeks on the runaround and being told it's under review we have gotten NOOOOO answers. We emailed and faxed in the repair logs. They have sent their own repairmen out and in less than 1 week it broke again. We are, to this exact day, sitting with an ice maker that has completely frozen over and shuts down. Called Samsung for the 6th time in two weeks to be told, it's still under review. Not only is this Fridge an absolute waste of money, Samsung is a terrible company and could care less about customers. WE will NEVER EVER again buy a Samsung product. That goes for everything not just appliances.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I needed a new refrigerator and wanted the bottom freezer and double door open. I saw this one online (store didn't have exact model on floor) and chose this because of the depth and the bottom freezer. The door to the left can hardly hold anything because the ice/water is there (my old fridge wasn't that bad in that area) and the right door can only hold 1 gallon of milk. The part that is really horrible is the fact that GNATS are constantly in my fridge! I have NEVER had Gnats in my fridge!!! I have no idea what is going on but the seals must not be great. I came home at lunch time and opened fridge to get lunch and there was a LIVE gnat! The fridge is set to almost the coldest temp. Beware if you buy.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

We're an older couple, no children household. The front of our refrigerator started to peel away 12 months after we purchased it. Samsung considers it "cosmetic" damage and not a production problem. If you want a refrigerator that is only partially black stainless (with the one side flapping off) then this is the fridge for you!

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a Korean appliance company known for creating a wide range of electronics and home appliances. The company, based in Seoul, Korea, was founded in 1938.

• Technology: Samsung offers wi-fi connected refrigerators, letting users keep track of fridge contents and settings remotely.

• Color options: The company sells refrigerators in a selection of colors, including stainless steel, platinum, white, black and more. These options let customers choose a refrigerator color that matches their kitchen.

• Additional features: Samsung's refrigerators come with many additional features, like water filters, a showcase door and more.

• Warranties: Customers have the option of purchasing extended warranties to cover damage or necessary repairs over the life of the item.

• Sleek design: Samsung has a reputation for sleek, contemporary refrigerators that offer a modern, clean aesthetic.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for high-quality, high-tech refrigeration devices, and college students in need of small, affordable mini-refrigerators.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs