Samsung Refrigerator
1.10/5
Based on 399 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Samsung Refrigerator

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

2665 Samsung Refrigerator Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Samsung appliances are a joke. Samsung French door fridge icemaker freezes up constantly. Tech says he makes a living replacing them. But, it doesn't matter... it won't keep working. Samsung dishwasher cleans dishes IF they've been washed first. Now, one burner on our expensive Samsung range does not light, but... it does spew out gas! Nice safety feature, huh? REALLY! DON'T BUY SAMSUNG JUNK... They don't care... REALLY! They don't. You've been warned!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Samsung Model RF28HMEDBSR. Worst ice maker I have ever had. The cubes come out like large crushed ice. The ice maker had to be replaced, about 6 months ago, now it is doing the same thing freezing up and has to be manually defrosted to work again (about every 2 weeks). The refrigerator is nosier than most - I can handle that - but I like my ice. I would not recommend this refrigerator to anyone that like their ice.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I bought a French Door Samsung fridge on 01/07/2017. It was not delivered until 02/04/2017. On 02/10/2018 I called Samsung because the ice maker was leaking and freezing up. They opened a service ticket and told me a service tech would be contacting me. On 02/15 I had not heard from the tech so I called Samsung back they gave me the service center's direct number to call them. I called them today and found out they are going to charge me extra to drive from Provo Ut to Logan Ut. I canceled the service call and I will support the techs in my own area. Samsung said they would not cover it under warranty. There is currently a class action lawsuit that is being looked at for the faulty ice makers because Samsung knows they are faulty and have not fixed the problem.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

We purchased a Samsung Black Stainless, 4 door flex zone fridge. After being ordered it arrived May 27, 2016 for a new home that was being built. It was installed July 4, 2016 which was when we moved in and started using it. By August 2017, the ice maker completely malfunctioned. We had frozen solid icebergs all around the ice maker, no ice in the ice cube tray. Looked up troubleshooting in the manual, cleared all the built up icebergs and it worked for about 2 days before it completely froze up again. After trying for a couple of weeks we called a repair person which cost $80 for him to come to look at and possibly repair ice maker. He indicated that the ice maker needed to be replaced.

In September we called Samsung support, they told us we had to call a Samsung approved repair person and provided us with a name of the company they approved and then I was told I be referring to the troubleshooting area in the manual in the future before contacting support (apparently if you feel you need support you shouldn’t call them). Anyway, called the approved repair company and they came out and said ice maker probably needed to be replaced but tried to seal the ice maker with weather stripping to see if it might have been warm air coming from the fridge that was causing the ice maker to malfunction. That didn’t work, again, within 2 days, everything was surrounded by frozen icebergs again so the repair people said they would contact Samsung to get parts to replace the defective ice maker.

They also indicated that Samsung had admitted there was a design flaw in their icemakers that was causing them to fail. This repair company came on Nov. 15, 2017. It took 3 months for the parts to come in after according the repair company said they ‘had a struggle with Samsung”. They arrived on Feb. 14 with the parts and repaired the ice maker and handed us a bill for $614.00!!!! The defective ice maker has now cost us a total of $850.00!!! We had no forewarning from the repair company that it was going to cost this much. They had told us in Nov. that it wouldn’t be more than $300 so we were completely blindsided. We never would have agreed to have the ice maker repaired if we had known we were going to be charged another $614.00.

I was very upset so contacted Samsung customer service. They asked for a copy of the receipt for the service, a copy of the receipt for the fridge, serial number, etc. I asked them to be reimbursed for the cost of the parts which was almost $500 of the $614 bill. Samsung responded back saying the fridge was past warranty and they would not reimburse me for anything. The fridge lasted 13 months, just long enough for Samsung to clear the warranty period and not have to take responsibility for their admittedly defective product. It appears it is reasonable to them that their fridges last for only a year before major malfunctions and repairs are required.

Samsung in my opinion provides inferior, knowingly defective products and does not stand behind their products. Their customer service is poor and I will never, ever buy anything Samsung again. I would also like to add that I told Samsung customer service that we had purchased the fridge, gas range, washer and dryer. So we had been a good customer, purchasing several of their higher end products. They couldn’t care less. I would tell anyone considering Samsung anything to run as fast as they can in the other direction, stay away from Samsung at all costs.

They are a company that supplies an inferior product, poor customer service and takes advantage of their customers by selling admittedly defective products, and then charging exorbitant prices for parts to repair them. Please warn people about how horrible this company is and to stay away from their products. We should not have had to pay $850.00 to repair a virtually brand new higher end refrigerator.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

We bought a Samsung refrigerator about 1 year ago. 2 weeks before the one year warranty expired, we contacted them to let us know that 4 of our door shelves had cracked or completely broken. (This call was not made easy by Samsung). They agreed on the phone to send us 4 new door shelves. We received 2. We installed the shelves and in less than 2 months they too had broken. We called to discuss this issue and were told that our refrigerator was now out of warranty and there was nothing they could do. My research shows this is a very commonplace occurrence as plastic used to construct these shelves was defective. 1. Since I registered this problem before the expiration of our warranty I believe they need to honor an actual fix to the defective product.

2. A refrigerator is not a disposable appliance and should last well beyond a year. As a previously loyal Samsung customer I was truly shocked at how rude and unhelpful their customer service department was and that they do not stand behind their products. Will never again purchase a Samsung product based on this outcome and strongly recommend people towards beer beware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

This is the worst experience ever. Bought Samsung Refrigerator 2017 model 6 months ago and have had the ice maker go out and had to be replaced and the fan for freezer went out. Lost over $150 in food. Wow and to think we are all under the impression they are good brands but per repairman they get repair and replacement orders daily without a doubt. Most are Samsung and I feel I made a mistake buying this brand. They are so big and should concentrate on bettering their brands and services. So disappointed as I know I will have to buy a new one in a couple years.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We purchased a Samsung model RF30KMEDBSG/aa from Lowe's for more than $3,000. Less than 4 months later, our ice maker stopped and had to be replaced. Not repaired but replaced. Called Samsung and Lowe's and both blamed the other and said there is nothing they can do because it is older than 3 months old. A repair person was sent and the ice maker was replaced but this is nonsense for a Samsung of this age and price. I am highly disappointed and pray that I don't have future problems with this unit. 2/10/2018.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Re: Samsung Double door fridge Model # BS22HDHPNSR/AA Serial 067143AF301211J bought in 2015. This fridge constantly gave us problems and totally stopped working 4 times with total loss of frozen food and perishable items. When Samsung customer service was called they suggested pressing some buttons and tell them if we heard a whirring noise! We did that and it worked on 3 occasions! In December 2017 it happened again and when called they said it was out of Warranty and we should not call them again! We went to Lowe's to buy a new fridge and the appliance guy told us that the sealed unit including the compressor in our Samsung Fridge has a Five year warranty. On calling Samsung they now agreed that the sealed unit and compressor indeed had a warranty for 5 years and directed us to contact their service center Lakes Electronics, 2101 W. Atlantic Blvd #108, Pompano Beach, FL. 33069.

They sent their technician on 11/10/2017 who confirmed that the compressor is locked (Error 84E) and charged us $99.00 for his visit. He asked us for the original receipt which We could not provide as a lot of paperwork was damaged and lost in the Hurricane! We contacted the Manager at Lakes Electronics who confirmed that without the receipt they cannot repair though the compressor and sealed unit was still under a 5 year warranty as Samsung had not paid them for work done without a receipt in the past! We then contacted Samsung and after much cajoling We were given a one time parts and labor ticket valid for one week only. A repair was scheduled but as the compressor did not arrive on time, the ticket was cancelled. After the holidays We were asked to call Samsung again for a new ticket valid for 7 days and a repair was scheduled, but cancelled again as compressor had not arrived.

Finally, when the compressor had arrived a repair was performed in our home on 01/25/2018. We were made to sign a work completed sheet by the technician who said that you should start using it from next morning! Lo and Behold, come Morning and both the Freezer and the Refrigerator compartments showed a higher than room temperature!!! We contacted Lakes Electronics and were told that as We had signed the work completed sheet they cannot come back to check unless We get a new Ticket from Samsung. This time Samsung customer representative told us that our unit was not under warranty anymore. When asked to be directed to her Senior who reluctantly agreed to talk to us.

We requested that Samsung should do any one of the following: 1) Arrange for their service center to pick it up and do a complete and Satisfactory repair before returning it to us. 2) Give us a replacement for their defective item. 3) Arrange a refund. Neither of the above options were accepted but a New one week one time repair ticket was issued and the technician again came on 01/29/2017. He confirmed in his notes that both sides were not cooling and the compressor was making a loud noise. He asked for advice from Samsung tech department if a replacement should be done but this was summarily rejected and he was asked to change the Condenser and purge all the gas (?Freon) and flush it with Nitrogen. As he did not have either Nitrogen or a replacement condenser a new appointment was scheduled for 02/01/2018.

A Nitrogen flush was performed and We were shown that it was working to his satisfaction and that We ought to sign the work completed form again. We refused to sign and asked him to wait for 24 hours before signing the work completed form. After 2 days i.e today the fridge is dead again and all the frozen food including expensive Salmon Lox purchased over the weekend is rotting! WE HAVE INCURRED A LOSS OF AT LEAST $4000 IN DAMAGED AND LOST PERISHABLE ITEMS, long hours waiting for proper if never a prompt response! Marital discord as the wife wanted me to dump the Samsung fridge and all the other Samsung products in the house and replace them with preferably American made products!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

The refrigerator is good but freezer part is too small. The Samsung customer service is the worst and I will probably not buy any appliance from them again.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

4 door Samsung Refrigerator Samsung RF23J9011 - Bought this fridge in July 2016 brand new from HH Gregg. A year and half later (Dec. 2017) the refrigerator portion of the fridge stopped working. It was 2 weeks before someone could come look at it. Samsung used a company called MetroTech. I had to pay 90.00 for an assessment and wait another 2 weeks for a part. The problem was with the seal which was covered under warranty as a defect. 2 weeks turned into 3 and the part was installed but it did not fix the problem. So Metrotech advised Samsung to replace the unit which they refused until Metrotech put in another part. Another 2 weeks of waiting and Metrotech put in the part. Upon doing so the inside panel of the fridge was damaged. Plus this did not fix the problem. The 4th time Samsung sent Metrotech out, Metrotech advised Samsung to replace the unit. A unit Exchange process was put in.

When I called Samsung they told me they needed a certificate of ownership. I do not have this as it was still being paid for however, the account was in my deceased spouse's name financed through Synchrony bank. HH Greg went out of business. Synchrony bank will not let me pay for the fridge because they filed a claim against the remaining balance in probate - even though I tried to pay for it. Probate will not end until sometime in May. Samsung will not replace the defective fridge without it showing the fridge is paid for. I do not know what to do? I think this is horrible and will never buy another Samsung product. EVER.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

We have model RF4287HWP/XAA. The touch panel constantly becomes inactive. It's been replaced several times. The ice maker has broken (twice). And now it's constantly leaking water. We bought the Asurion protection plan but they can't come out until next week. So every few hours we're replacing towels around the fridge to soak up the water. It's ruined a rug. And Home Depot, who sold us the protection plan, isn't able to help. We USED to have a shut off valve for the water going into the ice maker. But during the last repair it seems it was removed. So we pay thousands for an appliance, buy the protection plan, and then have to put up with it constantly breaking and poor customer service. Really? Because we're not billionaires we have to take this crap? What's the alternative?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

The indoor ice maker is not reliable and has a small capacity. Also, there is no catch tray where the ice comes out and the compressor is noisy. The refrigerator section stopped working even though the freezer side was. No Samsung official repair exists in our area, yet the refrigerators are sold here.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

The shelves in our fridge keeps breaking. Third one is now cracked. There is nothing out the ordinary on the shelves. Samsung is turning a deaf ear to us even though they know it is a widespread problem. They are backed ordered on shelves over a month. Hmm, back ordered that long and there’s no problem? Samsung needs to step up and take care of this before there’s a class action against them.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I purchased this Samsung refrigerator in July of 2017. From the get-go, I had problems with the unit. First, one of the shelves was uneven. Then I had a couple of service calls to address the loud bang noise the ice machine makes. The repair for this reduced the problem but it still does it occasionally. The most frustrating and persistent problem has been this frequent yet intermittent buzzing sound, like the sound a fluorescent light bulb makes just as it is going bad. I have had the service company out several times to address the issue. The last technician told me it was "a normal noise". This is the fifth refrigerator I've owned as an adult and I have NEVER had this problem. Samsung keeps sending out the same repair company but without any fixes. I am at my wit's end.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Samsung 4-Door fridge - Two years almost to the day, when the warranty expired, the fridge part of the unit stopped working. Now 11 days later, still waiting for Samsung to help me out. Had a horrible and expensive experience with the first repair service, now trying the second recommended by Samsung. My old fridge 40 years old went 2 years ago. Bought the Samsung, did not expect to last only 2 years. Very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Model # RH25H5611SR/AA purchased April 2016 $1244 (tax/delivery). Nothing but problems starting right after 1 year warranty expired. Repairs are now out of warranty. Replaced temp sensor on fridge side, but coils continue to ice over and internal temp will not get above 50 F even though display says otherwise. Keep getting 2 error codes: 21 C, 22 C. Refrigerator side started malfunctioning 6 months ago and now freezer side. Now icemaker will make ice and then melt a few days later. Such a disappointment and customer Service Department has been no help. Rip off!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

After 13 months (just after warranty expired) the icemaker began icing over. I called Samsung who would only send out a paid repair person. I learned how to de-ice it myself and have to do this every three months or so. I just discovered a fix on YouTube which resulted in $200 worth of parts. Now, three years later, there is a solid sheet of ice under the crisper drawer and a very loud fan noise coming from the fridge (RF263BEAESR/AA). Again using YouTube I discovered that ice builds up because of another poor design and I had to remove all the food, all the shelves, including the difficult to remove one above the crisper drawer, and then pry off a back panel and use a hair dryer to defrost it. Ice had built up and the fan was hitting the ice. This is due to a small metal piece that is attached to the heating element, the metal piece isn't long enough and allows the drain to freeze closed. This causes the ice build up.

This is an expensive appliance and I am already looking at having to replace it because it is not reliable and requires so much maintenance. My old fridge was a cheap GE that lasted 16 years without a single repair. Samsung knows about the design flaws, has even issued a technical bulletin about it. They refuse to issue a recall and correct their mistake, leaving so many homeowners frustrated. I will not buy another Samsung product as long as I live! There are several class-action lawsuits pending against Samsung in regards to this appliance. Buyer beware, run from Samsung appliances.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Samsung side by side refrigerator/freezer Model#RS265TDRS - Wish I had read reviews before buying this absolute piece of crap!!! Nothing but problems since I bought on 9-09-2013. Constant Ice Build Up Freezing coils in Frig. I believe when I pay my Hard Earned $$$ for A New Appliance it should work properly. Not that They try to sell you an extended warranty plan that's useless anyway. The repair people don't even know what to do. Had 2 different Ones tell me they would not work on them due to poor quality parts & replacement is only guaranteed for 90 days. Right now I have estimate for 544.22 to replace Thermostat cover/evaporator & sensor. I want to contact Samsung directly but all you get is recording. My next move is go to my Local Lowe's. That's where I purchased. & beg for help. This time fridge has been out for 2 weeks while I am deciding what my next move is. Probably Local TV Station for HELP!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I bought without noticing the reviews Samsung model refrigerator W815217960 on JAN 9th 2018 through online. It came to Home as a serious dent at front door. The person who bring there shows it and I said, "No way”. They took it back somewhere and rescheduled 17th? 18th? And 19th? No show up till this time. My guess they are planning to give me the same refrigerator with minor repair or replacing. Because I saw my online account shows item is delivered. I am lucky to say I don't lose my money for buying these type of scrap product. Finally I understand this is not the Home Depot mistakes. In our circle lot of smart people are living to looking into our pocket. So very careful. Before buying something go through reviews.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We just remolded our house. We had beautiful hardwood floors installed throughout the house including the kitchen. We bought new appliances, a Samsung package including the Refrigerator, Stove, Microwave, and Dishwasher. All of the appliances are junk. The biggest kicker is that our new 6 month old refrigerator flooded our entire house. The hardwood kitchen floors are ruined and the basement is soaked in water. I was told, not to buy Samsung and I did anyway. What a mistake that was. 1000's of dollars of repair to do. Already the stress of the drying machines to suck up the water is maddening. DO NOT EVER BUY SAMSUNG APPLIANCES. YOU WILL REGRET IT. They deserve to be sued!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Our "out of warranty" fridge is corroding on the lower corners of our ice/water dispenser door. The corrosion is getting worse and becoming an eyesore. It is an obvious craftsmanship or material problem. The Samsung Company does not stand behind their products. Their customer service people are terrible, trying to blame it on the way we clean, the environment or rough use. They even suggested that it was a result of living near the ocean and salt, lots of that here in Ohio. They promise to call back, and you will never hear from them. Do not buy Samsung appliances. Poor products and poor support.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

We constructed a new home and purchased a full set of appliances made by Samsung and have had major regret with the decision. We purchased extended warranty and have had to use the services on most of them. We have now had to change to a different manufacturer of dishwasher that the warranty has just ended. Now the fridge door needs to be replaced as the lower shelf mount has broken and the mount is part of the entire door which has all the electronics integrated. The shelf above that one is broken as well. We just called Samsung support to ask for support prior to filing a complaint and they offer none, only a toll free number for parts. As a result of our experience we will never purchase another Samsung product. Completely dissatisfied.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

My previous refrigerators lasted 15 years without one problem. This Samsung lasted less than 2 years before we had to pay for a new defrost timer. Now, less than another 2 years has past and it is broken again. We do not even live in a hot area! We live high in the mountains... what a piece of crap. Never buy Samsung refrigerators. They are junk. They should stick to TV's. My TV has been flawless for 10 years.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

The warranty is up in our fridge and the light bulb has gone out. I'm unhappy with Samsung appliances, and do not recommend buying any of their products. As soon as the warranty expires, the appliance falls apart. And they will not fix it. They want more money from you, after spending $2,000.00 on a fridge! The first day I bought it, the handle fell off!! It was still under warranty, but they wanted to charge me $150.00 for a service repair. I called Home Depot, where I purchased it, and they showed up the same day. Home Depot fixed it with no additional fee. Hooray for #HomeDepot! They stand for their service.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I purchased a (expensive) Samsung Fridge at Home Depot and after 1 month of having the fridge there are small rust spots all over the front of the fridge. When I called Samsung support they said it's a cosmetic issue and not covered under the warranty. They said it could be caused by prolonged exposure to moisture (I've had it for a month) or an abrasive cleaner was possibly used. The only cleaner that has been used was warm water and dish soap one time and a mixture of vinegar and water one time. Samsung refuses to stand by their product and Home Depot says the issue needs to be handled with Samsung.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Samsung 17.5 cu refrigerator - Wish I had read earlier reviews before purchasing. Six months after installation, the refrigerator quit cooling. Numerous phone calls to Philippines and Dominican Republic and still waiting for resolution. Preferably a full refund so I can purchase a different manufacturer. Poor quality all the way around this company. Buyer beware!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

This Samsung Refrigerator French door, bottom freezer, model # RF217A was purchased through Sears 4 years ago and has not stopped freezing the produce bins since I first received it. I have had Sears service out at least five times to fix it. They have replaced the motherboard, The defrost drain, The ice maker, The EVAP cover, a new probe, It still leaks, and freezes. Buyer beware. Samsung, nor Sears will not replace this obviously defective product, So after 4 years. I have finally given up and will buy a new refrigerator. I had to save the money to afford to purchase a new one, Samsung has won. BUT NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I contacted Samsung customer service agents on January 24, 2017 to order new vegetable drawers for my refrigerator, they told me at that time they were on back order and to check back in a couple months, I’ve done this at first checking monthly and then every 3 months after that and the entire time the Samsung parts website saying they have them available however if you order them they will take my money and then cancel the order after 1 month and return my money saying they are on back order. It’s now January 2018 and I wrote a letter to the BBB, Montez called me 2 days later with Samsung Office Of The President and said they are still on back order and he cannot give me any kind of information on when they will be in stock.

Every Samsung appliance I’ve had I’ve had problems with and I have purchased 5yr extended warranties on all of them and they have made some of the repairs take as long as 4 years because they don’t know their products. I will never buy anything Samsung again, they are not made to last and they have terrible customer service along with terrible excuses of why they can’t repair or order parts that are needed to use their appliances. The BBB in New Jersey seems to be being paid by Samsung to not help consumers. Don’t waste your time or money on purchasing anything Samsung.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Do not be fooled into buying any Samsung appliance. We bought a French door refrigerator and have had problem after problem. Ice maker doesn't work and that's after spending $600+ in repairs after owning less than 18 months. It makes LOUD noises - continuously! The water runs from the ice maker into the drawer and interior of the refrigerator causing everything you put in it to be wet. Samsung customer service DOES NOT EXIST. If you spend your money on this product you are throwing it away!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

We purchased a Samsung Refrigerator that failed to cool less than 1 year after the purchase date. After calling Samsung customer service it took three repair companies to finally tell us that they could not work on the product because of a lack of training on closed system refrigerators; these vendors were provided by Samsung. After numerous phone calls to the Samsung Customer Service Department, I realized that nearly each time I was talking to representatives in several different locations to include the Philippines, the Virgin Islands and South Carolina. Eventually after my persistence and threats, Samsung arranged for me to return the refrigerator to the store I purchased it from. This happened nearly two weeks after we purchased another brand.

Lastly, we were promised a maximum of $ 200.00 compensation for the nearly $ 600.00 of food that was spoiled. We were required to provide items and the price. We ended up emailing this information at least 7 times to their Executive Customers Service Department and have yet to receive reimbursement. It has been 64 days since we the unit became inoperable and numerous promises were made! To date, we have not been reimbursed!! We will NEVER buy or recommend SAMSUNG again!!!

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a Korean appliance company known for creating a wide range of electronics and home appliances. The company, based in Seoul, Korea, was founded in 1938.

• Technology: Samsung offers wi-fi connected refrigerators, letting users keep track of fridge contents and settings remotely.

• Color options: The company sells refrigerators in a selection of colors, including stainless steel, platinum, white, black and more. These options let customers choose a refrigerator color that matches their kitchen.

• Additional features: Samsung's refrigerators come with many additional features, like water filters, a showcase door and more.

• Warranties: Customers have the option of purchasing extended warranties to cover damage or necessary repairs over the life of the item.

• Sleek design: Samsung has a reputation for sleek, contemporary refrigerators that offer a modern, clean aesthetic.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for high-quality, high-tech refrigeration devices, and college students in need of small, affordable mini-refrigerators.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.samsung.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use