3.9/5 (743 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About Samsung Refrigerator

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes smart vacuums, laundry appliances and kitchen appliances, including refrigerators. The company produces several models of refrigerators and includes a warranty. Samsung products are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

Pros

• Energy-efficient
  • Multiple designs
  • Top technology
  • Temperature control

Cons

• Can be pricey
  • Short return period

Bottom Line

Samsung refrigerators are built to last and come in a variety of sizes, styles and colors. Models include smart features, adjustable settings and sleek designs.

Top Samsung Refrigerator Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

There is lots of room to store food in it. The design of 4 doors with the option of making the third door a fridge rather than freezer space is good for large families. Plenty of ...

Verified

I needed a 24 inch deep refrigerator and this was just right. I've had the refrigerator for over 5 years and it has been good. The best part is if you have a problem, you call a n...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About Samsung Refrigerators

Samsung offers five core refrigerator styles:

• 4-Door Flex
  • 3-Door French Door
  • 4-Door French Door
  • Side-By-Side
  • Top Freezer

Samsung refrigerators include a range of features and are available in a variety of sizes, layouts, colors and prices. Some key features include Wi-Fi connectivity, FlexZone, ENERGY STAR certification, autofill water pitchers and ice makers.

Depending on the model and age of your Samsung refrigerator, the warranty on its motor lasts five, 10 or 11 years. The manufacturer’s warranty for all other issues is two years from the original purchase date.

Customers can buy Samsung refrigerators at major retail stores, including Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe’s and locally owned appliance stores that carry Samsung products.

Samsung Refrigerators price

Samsung refrigerators cost from $700 to more than $4,500. The average price of a Samsung refrigerator is about $2,000.

The type, size, capacity and functions affect the price of a Samsung refrigerator. Refrigerators priced between $700 to $900 have limited features, including basic functions like an ice maker, while refrigerators that cost more than $4,500 include features like frame LED lighting, remote-view cameras and compartments with separate controls for temperature and humidity.

Discounts are available for military personnel, government workers, educators and students.

Samsung Refrigerators FAQ

Is there a class action lawsuit against Samsung refrigerator?

A class-action lawsuit was filed in 2017 involving a specific ice maker issue for a Samsung French-door refrigerator model. The lawsuit is currently in mediation.

How do you troubleshoot a Samsung refrigerator?

You can troubleshoot any issue with your Samsung refrigerator through the “Remote Support” or “Live Chat” options on the company’s website. You can also search for service locations and make a service request on the website.

How long do Samsung refrigerators last?

The average life of a Samsung refrigerator is around 15 years.

Are Samsung Refrigerators good?

Samsung refrigerators are sleek and spacious and offer top technology features and ENERGY STAR certification. Models with luxury features can be pricey, but many customers think the extra cost is worth the convenience the options provide. If the refrigerator’s functions suit your needs and the price is right for your budget, we recommend choosing a Samsung refrigerator.

Samsung Refrigerator Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Refrigerator?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

Our Samsung refrigerator was pricey. It is a French door with a bottom freezer and it is a beautiful-looking refrigerator. Unfortunately, there are a few things Substandard. The drawer in the freezer is cheap plastic, the track and wheels are plastic and the drawer is constantly falling off the track. Next, You must close the left door side first, the seal is frequently misaligned and will miss if you forget and close them both simultaneously. The water dispenser has no light. This makes it difficult to fill a narrow water bottle.

A better-quality freezer drawer and a light on the water dispenser would have made this a perfect refrigerator for us. Unfortunately, I anticipate the drawer in the freezer will eventually break as was the display model in the store. I can't imagine why they wouldn't have added a light to the water dispenser, even the cheap models had a light. If I were to do this over again I would probably buy a different model. Other than that it appears to be a beautiful-looking refrigerator.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I will never deal with this company again. I have spent over 4 days and over 9 hours on the phone attempting to deal with their non-English speaking customer service. New refrigerator was installed on Nov 25, 2022. First the warranty shows it expired in 6 months (should be one year). I was told it is one year from date it was built (ridiculous). Mind you, I bought this directly from Samsung. After three days, 9 hours on the phone, sending copies of everything twice they updated it to one year from order date (also wrong). If an item is back-ordered the warranty doesn't start on the date of the order. STILL NOT RESOLVED.

The refrigerator also came with a missing part. Another two days and five hours and the part finally arrived. WRONG PART. I told them multiple times it was the drawer for the freezer and they send the drawer for the refrigerator. I've now been on the phone two hours and still haven't been transferred to the correct dept. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

Samsung tell me what's the point in letting customers purchase something as huge as a refrigerator and not actually install it? I am at least 5 times smaller than the appliance. I can't carry it on my head. The refrigerator was delivered to my garage where it stayed for over a month while I struggled to set up installation through a 3rd party and also by calling Samsung. Appointments kept getting made and no one showed up...No one wanted to take the appliance up my flight of stairs. So now I am going around struggling to return the appliance knowing I have a certain time window to do so.... This has been the worst headache and I wish I never bothered to buy it at all.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

I purchase a Samsung 4 door Refrigerator in 2015. I have had nothing but problems with it, from ice maker not working to the compressor going bad in the 7yrs of ownership. Samsung claims the product should last 15 years. Let me also tell you that the compressor is warranty for 10 yrs. But when they call the repair man to come fix it, the company that Samsung sent out doesn't replace the compressor. After multiple calls to Samsung still the problem isn't resolved. I have spoken to management only to be talked to like I'm stupid. IF YOU COULD SEE THE MOLD IN THIS REFRIGERATOR YOU WOULDN'T PURCHASE A SAMSUNG.

I will never purchase another Samsung product again. Don't be fooled by the 5 star reviews, you have to give a year or 2 then the problems will start. The icemaker freezes into a block of ice and stops working, you then have to get your hair dryer out to melt the ice block to even open the ice tray. Once again do not make the mistake I did by buying a Samsung Refrigerator. Customer service when you call are very rude and have no desire on trying to resolve the issues with their product.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

Bought my refrigerator 2017 after the Warranty and extended warranty went out. Having problems with it freezing up and Water underneath the crisper and the icemaker quit making ice. Piece of junk. The handles fell off and my father said they didn’t use the correct screws because they’re all rusted and we already bought a new part that cost $$ And my father will put it on versus paying a Appliance repair man. Called Samsung 4 times once I did a manual defrost that would last a whole year & It won’t freeze up, well Hello I’m frozen again!!! (I Feel robbed and My money went down the drain and I don’t have any more money to replace my appliances!!)

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

Samsung Appliance Refrigerator Model RF261BEAESG/AA, 6.0 cu. ft. Freestanding Gas Range with WI-FI Model NX60A6511SG & 2.1 Cu. Ft. Over the Range Microwave Model ME21R7051SG, All Have Problems. The Gas Range & OTR Microwave are 3 months out of warranty and my refrigerator was bought in 2017, A lot of sleepless nights plus once a week putting my food in coolers, going to the store and buy ice and defrosting the French door refrigerator.

I hate using my gas range for baking. My whole house smokes up. All the smoke detectors go off. You can’t see anything. The house smells and generally my food has to be thrown in the trash if I don’t watch it!!! The timer doesn’t work correctly. The temp is off and Clean says 3 Min or 4 Min When it takes three hours or four hours. Now the microwave. A cup of 6 oz water, 2 mins & You can drink it, (NOT VERY HOT). Calling Samsung back again, Four times for the refrigerator & Keep bugging them. Filled out the class action lawsuit!!!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

Bought a 4 door French from Samsung at 2016 and have nothing but problems almost every year. The ice maker and the FF fan and the Freon etc have all been serviced and re serviced. Their help desk is in some third world country and not possible to understand. The originial price might seem lower but the product quality is not there.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

Had a Samsung refrigerator which leaked water into the refrigerator section constantly, ran down under the crisper drawers and froze. Had to constantly empty those drawers of water and use a scraper to remove the 1/4 inch ice that formed under the drawers. Anything I put into the crisper drawers was saturated so I didn't use them. Contacted samsung several times and they said they had no other such complaints. Also, in the NE Pennsylvania area, all the appliance dealers DO NOT recommend buying a Samsung appliance, especially a refrigerator because they say it takes over a month to get a samsung appliance repair person to respond. Especially with an appliance like a refrigerator which is pretty difficult to do without if it breaks. The dealers will sell them to you, but they stress what a problem you will have if it breaks, even if it's brand new within the warranty.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Bought a new Samsung fridge not three years ago. In the first several months they sent a repairman twice to fix the ice maker. Now it's four weeks since the compressor went out and still waiting for a repair. I will never buy a Samsung ever. Heed my warning. Too many bad reviews.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I bought a home in 2019 with brand-new Samsung kitchen appliances. On 9/25/22 my Samsung freezer stopped working. Had to throw away a lot of food. Called for service and a tech came and confirmed the issue was in a closed-system and covered by a 5-year warranty. He said he would be back the following week with parts to make the repair but never showed up at the appointed time. I called the service center and was told Samsung wasn't going to repair the fridge/freezer. Over two weeks without a freezer...I called Samsung and they are a nightmare to deal with. They refuse to repair it and claim they don't have parts and that I can get a voucher to replace it (i.e., I can get a partial amount to put towards buying a brand-new appliance and this one can get thrown in a landfill).

This is unacceptable. I understand there are lawsuits against Samsung as they should be. They are not honoring the warranty, they are behaving in a criminally negligent manner. If they can't repair they need to come and get this and replace it with a new one, but they want to screw the consumer. Their customer service is a nightmare--just nasty, inarticulate people who give an attitude if a consumer is rightfully upset.

Samsung Refrigerator Company Information