2. Homeowners
  3. Pest Control

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.21/5

Riddex Plus Pest Repeller Reviews

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I have used Riddex Sonic Plus since 2008, when I had a mice issue coming through the kitchen wall. My landlord was slow to the resolve, so I had to go into action as I wasn't accustomed to roaches and rodents. At this time I lived in GA, next to Atl. I purchased this product in desperation! Bottom line for me 11yrs in, from GA to Cali, my Riddex has been to EVERY location with me, I have shared my belief in this product with anyone that is having an insect/rodent issue as I swear by it. It has never failed me. Now my caveat is that my insect/rodent issue was not turn on lights and baddah bing you see roaches. However you could open a drawer or around the kitchen area late night see a few. But since using Riddex whenever I see a roach it's DEAD, upside down DEAD. It did resolve my mice issue. Hope this helps. :)

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I purchased two sets of this product from an infomercial that was on television. This product claim to get rid of mice with electronic sound. I paid $49 a piece for each set and have not got the results that I was promised through the ads. I am not satisfied with this product and I want to know who I contact to get a refund. The mice run right underneath of the product and does not even no sit or even hear it I believe okay. I have to spend money to contact a pest control company to get rid of these mice. They are running out of hand. They run, jump on the table, on your stove, on your bed and I want to let everyone know that this product is not work and not to spend your money great. I am very displeased with this problem.

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Suspecting mold as the cause, I spent nearly $5,000 out of pocket. Different opinions from experts say my house is clear of mold yet the symptoms that Maria has described are still present. I'm renting a room from someone and still have my mortgage. As I thought of anything that could cause the dizzy, weak symptoms while in my house, I thought of the electronic pests repellents plugs in my outlets. One morning my vertigo was so bad my supervisor called an ambulance. A friend of mine went to the ER the day after spending a weekend in my home.

She had the same symptoms. We feel completely "out of it". I feel a weakness in my limbs, wanting to sleep, a sense of seasickness or motion sickness. Trying to get to the bottom of this made me decide to research the connection on the internet. I'm going home today to unplug the electronic pests repellents. I don't remember if it's RIDDEX or not but I'll look that up too. I hope it's a simple solution of unplugging them because I can't live in my one home, it's so bad!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Today is 8/18/18. Before I bought this product from catalogue, I went to pharmacy to get opinion of pharmacist whether it would be healthwise safe for me. He thought it would be. My handyman plugged one in for safety reasons: NOT TO CAUSE FIRE AS WRITTEN ON PRODUCT PAPERWORK. I HAD it plugged in for one week, the roaches multiplied on kitchen counter, while I kept getting serious medical symptoms. I plugged in another plug to make sure that roaches would get killed. No improvement on that. I keep getting deadly sick, and also weaker and sleepier. Arms were numb, tingling of hands, chills, cold hands at night, lightheadedness, fell 3 times, dropped things from my hands, swelling in my feet and ankles, irritability, exhaustion and incontinence!

I have always been healthy: thyroid and blood pressure under control by medicines for years! I went through taking sonograms to arms and legs: I had no blood clot that I suspected. Blood test to see if thyroid got worse: it was fine. Xray to see if pain from falling was caused by fracture in ribs, blood test to see if I have problem with liver. I was feeling like a dead battery. I, like I AM SURE many other consumers, did not suspect RIDDEX PLUS PEST CONTROL TO BE THE CAUSE OF MY SICKNESSES. BUT Sun 8/12/18 as I could not sleep, suffering insomnia, I remember my cousin telling me, 3 years ago, looking at a plug

in room for fragrance, that those cause cancer. I unplugged my plugs immediately, and bought Roach Motels and Roach bites.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I bought my RIDDEX plug-in off the TV. A week later I bought another one from Walgreens. I didn't think they were going to work as they have. I've had them for 5 years. They work exactly as advertise. Now, if the electric goes out or you unplug them you may see a roach or two however, it takes 24 hours for it to reset itself. I am one that is "deathly afraid" of roaches, if I saw a roach I would pay my son a dollar just to kill it and I needed proof that the roach was dead. Lol so trust me when I say it does work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Riddex Plus Pest Repeller?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I want my money back! More pests in my home than there was before I got it. I can't believe it helped bring them out my walls and ceiling fans. I'm moving and throwing away the product if I don't get my money back. I won't recommend anyone to buy this crap. Cucumber juice I will try this time.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Riddex works well if you take a few steps. When I first received Riddex I did what everyone else did and plugged it in. The roaches were walking over the Riddex by the third generation. First Generation froze, second generation paused. Third generation set up residence behind Riddex. I declared war. I packed up everything cardboard in my cabinets in large clear lidded containers, after shaking out and throwing out boxes. I packed all pots and pans in a large plastic container. All clothes, all shoes. I covered all clothes in closet in garbage bags. Anything you don't want the poison to touch, pack up.

I put out clear poison gel in corner of all cabinets. I now keep all cardboard food packages, pots and pans and plastic food containers in large clear, covered containers. You must kill the stragglers and refresh the clear gel poison in corners of cabinets every three to six months... I live in New York City Housing. I am one of thirty apartments in a six floor building. I do not have a roach problem anymore (10 years free).

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I bought one of these Riddex Plus Pest repellents. This is without a doubt the WORST product. It does not work at all. If anything it draws roaches to it. I had it plug in at my bar for 2 weeks. I unplugged it to use the outlet. There was probably every bug in the house in the outlet. This was a waste of 19.00 dollars. I will discourage anyone from buying it.

Original review: April 18, 2017

This product works but only in an empty or next to empty room. My mother's beat up house had an ongoing rodent problem and I tried two different exterminators. Neither worked, so I tried Riddex. No directions came with it. I tried plugging it in for the first couple weeks. The problem was still there. So after reading reviews on Amazon I realized I needed to empty out one of my rooms. So I removed all furniture and boxes from our third bedroom and plug it in an outside wall outlet. Within a day the problem was gone. Riddex really needs to tell customers that the product only works in an empty space.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

After plugging unit in, the night light worked, for about an hour. There are still unwanted pests in the walls, etc. Unit didn't come with an owner's manual of any kind. There's 1 green light on (left side) and a flashing red light (right side), and no working night light. Biggest waste of money I've ever spent. I will NEVER buy anything with the RIDDEX name on it again! Total crap! It got 1 star because it wouldn't let me post with 0.

Not sure about Riddex Plus Pest Repeller?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right pest control company for you.

Riddex Plus Pest Repeller Company Information