2.6/5 (81 ratings)

About Hawx Pest Control

Hawx Pest Control offers localized pest control services in 10 states. Choose from bimonthly and quarterly contracts for long-term support. All services begin with an in-home inspection to create a personalized plan of attack. Unfortunately, not much information is available on its website, so you may have to contact the company for specific info about services or pricing.

Pros

• Free re-services
  • Same-day service
  • Multiple schedules available

Cons

• Limited availability
  • No pricing

Bottom Line

Hawx Pest Control offers recurring pest control services in 15 cities across the U.S. It could be a good option if it’s available in your area, but you might want to ask questions before you sign up.

What is Hawx Pest Control?

Hawx Pest Control is a pest control company with 15 locations across 10 states, including:

• California: Riverside, Sacramento
  • Georgia: Atlanta
  • Illinois: Chicago
  • Indiana: Indianapolis
  • Missouri: St. Louis
  • North Carolina: Charlotte, Raleigh
  • Ohio: Cincinnati
  • Texas: Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio
  • Utah: Salt Lake City
  • Wisconsin: Milwaukee

Its team offers localized services in these regions, including one-off exterminations and repeat preventative treatments. More specific information is limited on its website, so you may want to reach out to the company for details before getting a quote.

Hawx services

Hawx offers same-day services for residential and commercial properties through its 15 locations. You can get services quarterly (four times per year) or bimonthly (six times per year). These services include general pest control for over 40 different household pests and free re-services if pests return between scheduled visits.

Commonly treated pests include:

• Spiders
  • Termites
  • Ticks
  • Wasps

These services begin with an in-home inspection to create a specialized plan of attack for each property. Then, Hawx’s technicians target nesting sites to get the bugs at their source in order to stop them from breeding. After this is complete, Hawx establishes a thorough barrier around the perimeter of the property to prevent any additional pests from coming inside.

Hawx also offers seasonal mosquito abatement plans. These plans include monthly treatments during peak season and free re-services in between, should the mosquitoes return.

Hawx Pest Control prices

Hawx doesn’t offer any pricing information on its site, so you have to call a local branch to get a free quote. It does promise free re-services if you sign a recurring contract, though. This means you can get free services if pests return between scheduled visits. Hawx also offers a satisfaction guarantee, although the details of what this entails aren’t made clear on its website. For more, learn about average pest control costs.

Hawx Pest Control FAQ

Which states does Hawx Pest Control service?
Hawx offers pest control services in 10 states:
  • Ohio
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Wisconsin

A few states have multiple locations for wider service areas. See our full list above for more details.

Does Hawx have payment plan options?
It’s unclear. Our advice is to contact Hawx for a free quote and see what payment options are available to you.
Does Hawx get rid of mice?
Yes. Hawx offers pest control services for house mice, Norway rats, roof rats and larger rodents.

Is Hawx Pest Control legit?

Hawx Pest Control is a legitimate company, and it’s worth considering if you live close to one of its 15 locations. It helps remove more than 40 types of household pests, and it has multiple options for recurring treatment plans. Information on its website is limited, though, so we recommend you reach out to learn about its pricing details, cancellation policy and pet-friendliness as you search for a pest control company in your area.

Hawx Pest Control Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hawx Pest Control?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2023

A guy from Hawx doing door-to-door came to my house. I liked him and he said that he could take care of certain things and give me a good price. And they've been doing well ever since. So, I called them and they were there within the next day or two to service if I see any kind of bugs. We have two properties and they put some termite things at the other little house. It was what I expected.

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

They've been really great. I had them come out because we had fleas. They do a warranty thing for 30 days. I had to have them come out three times in total. They did an amazing job in the house. However, one of the guys that was treating our house ended up locking the door and we didn't have our keys. We were waiting outside. We had to call a locksmith. They said they were gonna reimburse us. But I'm still waiting on the money for that.

Hawx Pest Control response

We are glad the service went well, if you haven't been reimbursed soon contact me at jenessa@hawxservices.com so I can get the proper people to help you.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

The tech was really nice. It was pouring down rain, so it was a challenging day. But he did a good job about taking his shoes off and not tracking it to the house. The service was good, but it was very overwhelming. As soon as I put in an email request to get more info, I ended up having to block the number because they called every two minutes and I was working during the day. So, I blocked it.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

I have an issue with mice in my walls. Hawx Pest Control came out and put some stuff out around the house. They were professional. I'm still having the same problem but it's less than it was before. They told me that it's gonna take a little bit of time and if the issue still persists, I could call for a second visit.

Hawx Pest Control response

yes, remember hawx is the home of the unlimited reservicing, if you ever need us to come out just call

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

They come once every three months and they put a border around the perimeter of the building and put poison in the yard. The techs are professional and pretty chill. They let me know when they're 30 minutes out. Pest activity has definitely gone down. There are ants every now and then but it's not too bad.

Hawx Pest Control response

glad to hear the pests are on their way out, remember if you need servicing between appointments we will com out

Original review: Jan. 29, 2023

The agents from Hawx that come by have been good but the way they got us into the company was a little sketchy. The agent who signed it up seemed like he was being honest but he was very persistent. They said it's $49, which was what made me switch over, but it's kind of tricky because it's $49 monthly for services every other month. Why are they charging every other month if they're not coming all the time? I called them but they wouldn't let me out of the contract. I wish that they were a little bit more honest or that they could do something about their wording. Also, they charge extra for rodent services, which I didn't really appreciate, but I understand because it was something different. But with the other company I was with, it was all within the service. I went from paying $49 a month to 80 a month now for this rodent service.

Hawx Pest Control response

we are sorry that we were not more clear with the price but are glad you're enjoying the service. Please remember we offer free reservicing if the problem persists so feel free to reach out and let us know.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2023

I wanted to get rid of the rats. So I signed up with Hawx and they sent someone over. But the one that came this morning told me that he did not treat this house for rats, and that he treated it for pest. But what I specified was rat. On top of that, I said, “Go ahead with the pest and then we'll do one contract.” But the one that came this morning put out traps and he did a lot of work around here. He said he was going to charge me an extra $25 a month for the rat traps and that I owed him $75 this morning, which I told him, “Let me talk to your boss.” His boss said, "Yeah, that’s what I had to do." I told them, "No, I wasn't gonna do that because I specified that I wanted the rat.” So he looked up on the files and he said, “You're right.” The guy this morning and the one that I talked to on the phone were in cahoots. They were trying to get $75 out of me this morning, and $25 towards my contract, which the other guy might have kept.

Hawx Pest Control response

We are sorry that your experience wasn't great, I want to look into this can you email me at natalie@hawxservices.com with more information

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Hawx Pest Control came out to take care of the spraying in the house. I told them that I have a light German cockroach infestation starting. I've been having Terminix for the last year and a half. They haven't gotten rid of them so I terminated my contract with them and called Hawx, and they came out and sprayed. I'm not noticing much of anything. Everything's a lot better. They were really polite, really nice, and then they're coming out again tomorrow to respray the house and do what they need to do so that it can get taken care of. The technician was really chill. He did their own inspection and said, “What you do have going on is behind your refrigerator. We're gonna take care of it. Don't worry.” He put some traps out. He sprayed. He went around the rest of the house and did what he needed to do and so far, so good.

I wasn't crazy about the amount that they charged me to first come out. They told me it was gonna be a $600 charge to come out and I said, “I can't pay that. There's no way.” They dropped it down to 300, and I was like, “I can probably do that.” I still felt like that was a lot of money to put in for a first visit. After they came out, I'm seeing a lot more dead pests than I am alive. We keep the house clean. We've been mopping. We've been sweeping. We’ve been making sure everything's put up. So, we're doing what we can on our end, but when I moved in here, it was already a problem.

Hawx Pest Control response

we have great faith in our techs and it sounds like this one was able to help you, remember we are always able to reservice so if you need us to come out again, we will free of charge just call us

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

If anyone is looking for a pest control company this isn’t the one, they said I will be charged $40 two consecutive months and on the third one $80 because their tech will go under the house and spray, one time they did sprayed under the house since I been with them, but the charges are always been $80, some months they don’t even send a person to spray around but they charged still, tried to cancel the contract but they want to charged me $560, person on the phone told me “is better for you to keep going until contract is done”. I requested a specific inspection in the attic and got charged $40 extra on top of the $80, this company is full of charges and you ask why their tech hasn’t come to your place, customer service doesn’t know. If I would’ve known the level of professionalism from this company I wouldn’t sign a contract with them.

Hawx Pest Control response

We want to make sure you recieve the service level you deserve. we will send the techs out and make sure they can handle what you need. Please send me an email at natalie@hawxservices.com with more details so I can make sure we send people out.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I signed up for quarterly service over a year and a half ago, received quarterly service as agreed and was satisfied with the service. Suddenly, my card began to be charged monthly and the service price increased by 35%. My credit card kicked back the bill and I waited for my next service appointment that never happened although, I was continually billed monthly without receiving service. I called the company's accounting department and they told me that I will still have to pay for the months I didn't receive service because it is a "subscription."

Hawx Pest Control response

We want to help you with this issue, I want to look into the details of your case, can you send me an email at jenessa@hawxservices.com so I can get more info and investigate this?

Hawx Pest Control Company Information