1.1/5 (31 ratings)

Find Pest Control partners near you

About Hawx Pest Control

Hawx Pest Control offers localized pest control services in 10 states. Choose from bimonthly and quarterly contracts for long-term support. All services begin with an in-home inspection to create a personalized plan of attack. Unfortunately, not much information is available on its website, so you may have to contact the company for specific info about services or pricing.

Find Pest Control partners near you

Pros

• Free re-services
    • Same-day service
    • Multiple schedules available

Cons

• Limited availability
    • No pricing

Bottom Line

Hawx Pest Control offers recurring pest control services in 15 cities across the U.S. It could be a good option if it’s available in your area, but you might want to ask questions before you sign up.

What is Hawx Pest Control?

Hawx Pest Control is a pest control company with 15 locations across 10 states, including:

• California: Riverside, Sacramento
    • Georgia: Atlanta
    • Illinois: Chicago
    • Indiana: Indianapolis
    • Missouri: St. Louis
    • North Carolina: Charlotte, Raleigh
    • Ohio: Cincinnati
    • Texas: Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio
    • Utah: Salt Lake City
    • Wisconsin: Milwaukee

Its team offers localized services in these regions, including one-off exterminations and repeat preventative treatments. More specific information is limited on its website, so you may want to reach out to the company for details before getting a quote.

Hawx services

Hawx offers same-day services for residential and commercial properties through its 15 locations. You can get services quarterly (four times per year) or bimonthly (six times per year). These services include general pest control for over 40 different household pests and free re-services if pests return between scheduled visits.

Commonly treated pests include:

• Spiders
    • Termites
    • Ticks
    • Wasps

These services begin with an in-home inspection to create a specialized plan of attack for each property. Then, Hawx’s technicians target nesting sites to get the bugs at their source in order to stop them from breeding. After this is complete, Hawx establishes a thorough barrier around the perimeter of the property to prevent any additional pests from coming inside.

Hawx also offers seasonal mosquito abatement plans. These plans include monthly treatments during peak season and free re-services in between, should the mosquitoes return.

Hawx Pest Control prices

Hawx doesn’t offer any pricing information on its site, so you have to call a local branch to get a free quote. It does promise free re-services if you sign a recurring contract, though. This means you can get free services if pests return between scheduled visits. Hawx also offers a satisfaction guarantee, although the details of what this entails aren’t made clear on its website. For more, learn about average pest control costs.

Hawx Pest Control FAQ

Which states does Hawx Pest Control service?
    Hawx offers pest control services in 10 states:
    • Ohio
    • Texas
    • Utah
    • Wisconsin

A few states have multiple locations for wider service areas. See our full list above for more details.

Does Hawx have payment plan options?
    It’s unclear. Our advice is to contact Hawx for a free quote and see what payment options are available to you.
    Does Hawx get rid of mice?
    Yes. Hawx offers pest control services for house mice, Norway rats, roof rats and larger rodents.

Is Hawx Pest Control legit?

Hawx Pest Control is a legitimate company, and it’s worth considering if you live close to one of its 15 locations. It helps remove more than 40 types of household pests, and it has multiple options for recurring treatment plans. Information on its website is limited, though, so we recommend you reach out to learn about its pricing details, cancellation policy and pet-friendliness as you search for a pest control company in your area.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hawx Pest Control?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hawx Pest Control?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I wish I had known about this site PRIOR to my unpleasant experience with this company. I was sold this service by a door-to-door salesperson. It was supposed to be for one time, not a year. Unable to cancel without a fee.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

They came door to door. Promised a service, spent a short period of time and stated the fogger ran out. Was promised they would return to complete services but never did. When we called Thomas, the tech and person who rang our doorbell, we received no response. We called to cancel the service and was told we would have to pay a $500 cancelation fee. The office is rude and of no help. They have your credit card on file and can charge you for services not done and a cancelation.

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I was told when signing up that I could cancel at any time. I was informed today that I cannot cancel without paying for the entire year. I was never informed of this when signing on. Very deceiving, very misleading. I am not at all happy with your marketing techniques.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

The overall service was as stated and the initial inspection and service were able to take care of my pest control problem. Paperwork had been sent over but somehow it was lost in the mix. To my delight, a quick phone call resolved the issue and the company went above and beyond by making the correction and sending an email confirmation of the correction.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

This operation is a bad business. I agreed to try their service based on a door-to-door salesperson, and after three months it has had absolutely no effect. The claimed benefits of eliminating spiders and roaches have not occurred. And BEWARE, they will charge you a $400 cancellation fee if you try to get out of their service. This was not disclosed by the door-to-door salesperson. I am taking Hawx to small claims court over this matter. This is what you get for being polite and giving a door-to-door salesperson a chance. Very deceptive.

For those of you considering Hawx, take a close look at the other reviews here. Different people using precisely the same words. These are fake reviews. I've retained a lawyer and will be taking Hawx to Gwinnett County magistrate court...compensatory and punitive damages, and I'm advised this is an open and closed case. Hopefully others here who have been deceived by Hawx will do the same.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

We've had a VERY DISAPPOINTING experience with HAWX PEST CONTROL. They have treated for fire ants several times and it has done no good. When I called to cancel service, they failed to warn me we would "lose our promotional discount" of $250 and be charged for it. No one we spoke with would give us a refund. It's "just their policy" and we "should have known from the service agreement we received". I understand their legal position, but it doesn't excuse the professional discourtesy of not advising a customer of charges if they cancel, at the time they request to stop service. We would not have done so, had we known we would be paying to.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. I had this company provide pest/bug control for over a year at our home. I paid $89 a quarter and they came out every 3 months to provide the service. After over a year of regular service and billing, I was enrolled in their monthly plan without my knowledge. This monthly plan is $40 a month. That is an increase from $356 to $480 a year without my knowledge.

When I called to have this change explained to me, they were EXTEREMELY rude and said the change to a monthly plan had been emailed to all their customers, however, they have been hearing that the email went to many customers spam folders. So they admitted that there was a flaw in their own system. I canceled my subscription with them. However, I had already been charged my $40 monthly fee for a service that was NEVER performed. When I asked for a refund they refused to do so. I have since contacted my credit card service and they have disputed the charge and flagged this company as a scam. Please do not use this service.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Let's start with facts, I am a disabled woman on a monthly fixed income and I was scammed by this company. Two months ago while getting out the car from shopping, a well dressed young man walked up telling me about the company. He told me it was his brother's company. Then he spoke a good about getting rid of mosquitos and flies. I informed him I could not afford it. He ended uptalking me into what I thought was a $39 monthly fee.

The initial job was great. The next month they hit my account for $85 plus $39. Two guys came and were done in fine minutes. When I call to find about the money, I was told that I signed a contract for $85 and was told it was too bad I had to pay$200 for two different accounts to cancel. I can't believe how I was scammed! Disabled and elderly beware. I will be contacting the Disability Board.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

They are fraud and will trap you without informing about contract. A guy knocked at door and said he is working in neighborhood and if I want pest control for $39, I said ok for one time pest control and later they started billing every month and now have to pay $250 for cancellation. Big Scam!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

They do not do what they tell you when you sign up. I have to call after every visit to do again. They don't come to service until late evening which is very inconvenient. If you try to cancel they want to charge you a crazy amount of money. If someone knocks on your door to sell you this service my advice is DECLINE.

Take a Pest Control Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Hawx Pest Control Company Information