Call toll free
4.67/5
Based on 5,451 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeAdvisor is a digital marketplace connecting millions of homeowners with the company’s vast network of service professionals to complete home improvement projects. Homeowners can find and vet local, prescreened home service professionals; view average home project costs using True Cost Guide; and instantly book appointments online and more.

HomeAdvisor Gallery (4)
Top Workplaces 2014
Top 100 Digital COmpanies in Colorado
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

17996 HomeAdvisor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

HomeAdvisor responded to me within minutes of getting my request. The companies they recommended were quick to contact me to set up estimate appointments with me, and they showed up on time. HomeAdvisor check to make sure the companies they recommended were to my satisfaction. They also wanted to know if I would recommend the company I chose to complete the job. I would use HomeAdvisor for all future needs.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Love this site and will use over and over again. Always swift to respond and each time we have used your people, all have been reasonably priced, and extremely professional. Would and will recommend HomeAdvisor to anyone they are that good!!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Will most certainly use this site again very pleased with the plumbing company and the choices given me. All companies called and set up appointment right away. The follow up by the site was excellent and very through. Highly recommend the site for all work. At 73 and not tech savvy pictures not possible but trust me the work was done neatly and quickly.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Home HVAC - Heat and fan was inop. Found due to improper periodic maintenance we were overheating the furnace causing it to shut itself down. I went on HomeAdvisor and completed the request online. Within 60 seconds I had a call from a qualified business ready to send a tech to my location.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I was expecting to just have air ducts cleaned and sanitized, but when they started cleaning, they found mold on some of the vents. I had to have Milicide sprayed thru the system after the cleaning to kill mold, a soot sealer, and then a fogging sprayed thru the system to kill all spores in the house.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I usually have a difficult time finding companies willing to do small jobs, but April's Gardens took the time to come and see the job, gave me an estimate. Once I decided to hire them, they follow through with the dates we had decided to do and complete the work. Nothing better than working with serious professionals that know how to complete good quality work within the time initially promised.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I was very pleased with the work Danilo and his partner did. My back gutters were very dirty, needed a flush job, which they did along with flushing the downspouts. They also put up leaf guards I bought, so that made me happy. They were pleasant and professional, I’m very happy I chose Danilo.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Would definitely recommend them! Impact Inspections did a great job inspecting the property we were buying. They arrived early, were very thorough, knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, neat. My husband is in construction so he knows what they should be looking for and he was very happy with the job. At the end the inspector reviewed what he had found verbally and then we were emailed a written report with clear color photos before the end of the day. Great job.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Sprinkler Repair - I would highly recommend this company. Dwayne, the technician, was courteous and professional. Customer services was excellent, sending updates and contacting me with the status of the repair. Dwayne returned to my home to test the system which worked perfectly.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

The Zepeda painting company was very professional in their work and contacts. And when I forgot one item, we were able to add the additional item to be painted without much cost or delay. I was happy with their work and the referral from HomeAdvisor.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Need to clean Septic Tank. Recommended professional for this job was a perfect choice. HomeAdvisor select the right company for this job in my area. Very knowledgeable and professional. Recommend Home Advisor to look before any other for any kind of job.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

HomeAdvisor's representative was courteous and professional. He took my information and promptly put me in touch with the service provider I chose. I feel that the ratings given on Home Advisor were accurate to the service I was given. I'd definitely use them again. Thanks, Home Advisor!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I have found the best tradesmen through Home Advisor. I now have a contractor, a plumber, a painter and an electrician all through this organization that I can call anytime and know they will take care of any project that needs to be done professionally. I am very, very happy.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I submitted my request for help with removing a tree from my property and within a couple of hours I was getting calls and offers to quote removal, it really took the guesswork out of the process, I was able to look over reviews and verify if I was getting experienced professionals. The whole process was very painless and worked out very well.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I have found Home Advisor to be a great source for recommending companies or individuals for estimates of projects I need to be done. They also follow up to get feedback on work done. I have used them for Plumbing, Roofing and leaders and gutters repair or replacement.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I have used Home Advisor for many different projects and have been pleased with the service and quick response from the contractors. I plan on continuing my relationship with Home Advisor. I also like the follow-up calls after I pick a contractor and finalize the job.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

After inquiring about having a tree topped in our front yard that’s been dying off with branches falling with every wind gust and in danger of hitting our cats and house we were put into contact with a local professional with a very fair price who completed the job with one other individual in just about an hour less than a week after my initial inquiry about the job! I’m very pleased and will likely use Home Advisor in the future for other needs.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Very Good Source. They help me find what I was looking for. I used to hate my place and now I feel very happy with the decoration by using the quote "Less is More". HomeAdvisor was a big help. My ideas are now in real life.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Did a great repair job, answered all questions. Very happy with the job they did. They were on time, as scheduled. They used quality repair materials and they were very experienced in the type of repair that my shingle roof needed.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

As a professional...DO NOT SIGN UP!!! Total fraud, scam... they charge you for sending people to you even though they are not contacting you for your service. They do not screen their people... I am a Landscape designer and they send you landscape installer or someone wanting free services. No screening at all. They you have to fight for a refund and they say you have requested too many even. They charge you for the client even though you don’t talk to client. I had to do disputes on my credit card to deal with these **. The credit card companies found fault against HomeAdvisor and now HomeAdvisor is sending me to a collection agency because they lost their money they scammed me for. This company needs to have a federal investigation for fraud.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I had a very good experience with Home Advisor. They were quick to respond and recommended a great husband and wife team. I will be using this team for future projects. If I need something this team cannot do, I will contact Home Advisor again.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Removing underground and installing above the ground oil tank - HomeAdvisor found for us very good Company which was able to complete works on high professional level. The price of works weren't cheap but all works were done fast and accurate. I can highly recommend to ask HomeAdvisor when you need to find best specialists.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Replaced the old valve to the dishwasher and connected the dishwasher intake hose. Not much else was done. He had the parts that were needed and fixed the issue. He showed up when he said he would and all was good.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Fence - All went well, would use HomeAdvisor if needed for other projects. We did try to find a plumber but HomeAdvisor did not find one in our area. Did find a electrician but was never able to give a start date for us. We never heard back from him to find out what he could do to help us.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

They will send only top gun professional with good rating. I'm in the process of remodeling and I will be using HomeAdvisor for all work and contractors that they have. I'm also going to suggest to my boss to use HomeAdvisor for her business.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Drywall repair and painting - Excellent experience for my first time using Home Advisor. I will use the service again when searching for various services needed. It is helpful to have ratings and comments from other customers to make a decision on the individual(s) or companies you want to use for your projects. Thank you for providing this service.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I've tried HomeAdvisor a few times - and each time they have failed. They don't pay attention to the details of the project (fixing me up with someone who did something entirely different), or the company doesn't really come to my neighborhood - and once, no one even contacted me. I feel bad for the contractors who PAY for HomeAdvisor to recommend them. I've told them that they are being ripped off - we consumers just waste our time.

HomeAdvisor response

Hi Deborah, Thanks for contacting us. We try our best to match you with an appropriate pro for your desired service request. We encourage our pros to return calls as quickly as possible and to honor their appointment times. If you have not already done so please feel free to submit your feedback to them here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/write-a-review/. If there is anything additional we can assist you with please email your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will reach out. –HASupport

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Needed my lawn mowed and my riding mower’s blade engagement cable broke. Looked up pros on Home Advisor and Evergreen Landscaping was first and only one out of 5 who contacted me. Agreed to come next day (Sunday even!) and brought his equipment if I would approve his quote. He did an excellent job!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I was looking for a home inspector and went to HomeAdvisor. I entered our home address and indicated the service I wanted (home inspection). HomeAdvisor then produced a list of 3 home inspection companies in the area. Next to each company was a button to 'Request a Quote' and at the bottom of the list was a button to 'Request a Quote from All'.

Here is where it went wrong... When that list appeared on the screen I DID NOT SELECT ANY CHOICES YET - and I turned to my wife to ask her which company sounded best to choose for a quote. Within 30 seconds of that screen appearing to give me choices to choose - MY CELL PHONE RANG! I looked at my phone and the caller was THE NAME OF ONE OF THE COMPANIES IN MY LIST!

I answered and a Home Inspector from choice # 3 was on the line saying that HomeAdvisor had just contacted him about me wanting a home inspection. I told him that I actually HAD NOT YET MADE A SELECTION on the HomeAdvisor site, so I didn't know how he got my number so quickly (30 seconds after my search!). He said the following..."Well, HomeAdvisor will send me leads because I am one of their 5-star contractors, so even if you are just browsing and don't select anyone, they will still send me your contact info because I'm one of their "rock stars".

As if this wasn't disturbing enough, here is where it gets WORSE... During the 2-minute conversation I had with this caller - and only a few seconds after I answered his call - my phone received TWO MORE calls from Home Inspection companies. Yup... the other two calls were from the OTHER TWO COMPANIES IN THE LIST ON HomeAdvisor!!! Again... I HAD NOT YET MADE ANY SELECTIONS FOR QUOTES!!!

HomeAdvisor simply forwarded my PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION based on a simple search. If I am not allowed to choose my own quotes and HomeAdvisor is just going to send my info to EVERYONE IN THE SEARCH RESULTS LIST... then why have the choice buttons at all??? What if that list had produced 50 results? Would HomeAdvisor have sent my contact info to ALL 50 COMPANIES before I could make my own selections??? Here is where you all should be concerned.

Companies that receive prospective customer contact information can sell that info to marketing firms - and they often do - which is why I am quite selective as to who I provide my info to for a quote. HomeAdvisor PRETENDS that you have a choice by providing the 'Select a Quote' buttons, but apparently even if you make NO SELECTIONS they simply forward your contact information to every company in the list... and they do so IMMEDIATELY. I wonder how many calls, texts and e-mails I am now going to receive from companies because I simply performed a simple search on the HomeAdvisor site?

NEVER AGAIN!!! I take my privacy seriously and do not like providing my cell number to people I do not wish to have it unless I decide they should have it. I will never use HomeAdvisor again... and I would warn everyone to be VERY CAREFUL performing even simple searches on their site. HomeAdvisor WILL SEND YOUR CONTACT INFO TO PEOPLE YOU HAVE *NOT* CHOSEN TO RECEIVE IT!!!

HomeAdvisor response

Hi Mitchell, We're sorry to hear that your experience with our site has been anything but positive. If you prefer you can always browse reviews for local pros without inputting your contact information here: http://www.homeadvisor.com/c.html. We can also have a project advisor reach out to assist you if you send your contact information to emailus@homeadvisor.com. –HASupport

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

These guys were really great. I called them out near the end of the day, and they still came out to do the evaluation after 6 pm on a Friday. They were ready to schedule the work for the next day, but I had to put them off until the following Monday. The work crew were very courteous and efficient, and they totally cleaned up afterwards. The new system works so much better than the old. Thanks, guys!!!

HomeAdvisor expert review by Joseph Truini

HomeAdvisor is a free online service that provides reviews and search tools for consumers to find home improvement professionals. The site also serves as an educational portal for home improvement projects.

• Profinder: HomeAdvisor provides an online search tool for finding remodeling professionals based on ZIP code.

• True Cost Guide: The website offers kitchen remodeling guides that outline the costs broken down into categories. Some guides also offer suggestions for how to save money.

• Design Mine: This Pinterest-like tool allows consumers to save, share and organize photos of designs. In addition, consumers can connect with professionals who have experience building in the favorite style of the consumer.

• Financing: HomeAdvisor works with a third party to obtain financing for kitchen remodel projects.

• Reviews: The site hosts more than five million reviews of professionals and has been used by more than 30 million homeowners.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for additional tools and services, such as finding professionals.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

HomeAdvisor Company Information