HomeAdvisor

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I love HomeAdvisor because they get rid of the hassle of calling different contractors and finding which one is available. They give you the option of getting professionals to quote you online which is convenient as well as scheduling the work/estimate online.

Spring Cleaning of total interior of house - Honest. Reasonable rates. Excellent work.

I have hired several pros that I found on HomeAdvisor. They have all done superior work.

Both companies I used for work on trees and plumbing were good and professional. Did the work to my satisfaction and was happy to find them on HOMEADVISOR since it was my first time for both types of work to be done. Will use HOMEADVISOR again when I need a contractor to work I can't.

He did a great job. He came when he said he was going to and got the job done on time and it looks great(Painting rooms with cathedral ceilings). He helped my husband put the furniture back into place which really helped because of our age. I would highly recommend JH Painting to anyone.

I needed a plumbing contractor for a slow laundry drain in an old home. It had an old metal bowl floor drain. I received a call from a plumber while I was still on the website. They set an appointment for the next morning. Arrived on time, and took care of the problem. Very pleased.

I solicited on HomeAdvisor for interior house cleaning services. The company that answered my call was excellent. I also used HomeAdvisor for electrical repairs and the customer service representative reached out to help me find a reputable contractor.

I contacted HomeAdvisor and the contractor responded with a few minutes. He arrived at our home with forty five minutes. Our gutter was overflowing and our basement was flooding. The contractor arrived and stopped the leak and came back the next day to replace the entire gutter and painted it to match our house. The cost was only $250.00 for all of that work!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

This is always free and is a great way to get in touch with several contractors, to find one that suits your needs. You typically get several to choose from. I have not been disappointed and keep coming back. You are usually contacted within minutes of submitting your information. Everyone has always been eager to help.

Great job in providing multiple names and numbers of companies in my area. Made my job easier in selecting a trusted company. It was just like talking with my friends on who they would suggest, who they trusted, and who would provide great service.

We used HomeAdvisor to find a good company to clean our air vents and registers. We quickly got 3 replies and ended up hiring one of them. They worked quickly and clean. The worker was very polite and answered all our questions honestly.

My garage door had several issues, tension on spring, rollers worn, track alignment. Steve worked his way through all of the door issues to a positive resolution. Also, I would like to say passionate about his work and personable. Great job Steve and thank you. I wouldn't hesitate to refer you to anyone less.

I was very satisfied with using HomeAdvisor to help me select a landscaper. Also, I was pleased with the outcome of the job. I would use HomeAdvisor again to find a professional if I needed other work to be done at my home.

The siding repair was completed and looks amazing. The team was very professional and friendly. It rained toward the end of the project, however, the work continued inside the porch area that was left to finish. I was very pleased with the results and this will assist in the selling of our home.

The contractor recommended by HomeAdvisor was courteous, responsive and the work was done quickly and to our complete satisfaction. My only suggestion for improvement would be the option of receiving contractor info without the contractor being notified. Sometimes I like to do research in advance of getting estimates.

Exceeded my expectations! Call CHERRY'S GARAGE Door Service, Tracy is the best! The immediate response was appreciated. Tracy not only repaired the problem, he completely dismantled and installed new cables, fine-tuned the springs and adjusted travel limits. You have to call Tracy for your garage door service.

I made the appt. online but not sure if they received it as I had no call back. They did show up within the allotted time frame but it would be a good idea if they called before coming just to make sure I was home and not outside etc. and maybe miss the appointment. There was no follow up after the appointment was made online. Other than that, it was fine.

I'm very pleased with the company that was referred and look forward to using your company again. The ac repair company that was referred was very professional and didn't make me feel nervous or anxious. They didn't try to sell me a new unit but concentrated on fixing my old unit. I will definitely use HomeAdvisor for my home projects.

I had window screens and a patio sliding door screen installed at my apartment. The work was professionally done and the gentleman installing the screens worked very quickly. I would highly recommend this company. I priced around prior to hiring them and they were cheaper than others in the area.

This company is wonderful. Speedy and efficient. I use it so often, I'm afraid I'm I bit of a pest. You must vet your businesses because most of the people I've hired are terrific. The way it manages to get the pros to call back within two minutes is a mystery to me. Thanks so much!

I had stone work and need for a Radon test. I found the service to be prompt, the questions to be relevant to what I was looking for and the companies recommended to be fair, on time with their service and reasonably priced. I plan to use HomeAdvisor in the future when I have a similar need.

He was efficient and very professional. Explained what he was doing the whole way. I will definitely use him again. And recommend him to family and friends. He was well worth the price as last time I had the vent cleaned, it cost a lot more and wasn't nearly the efficient job I received today.

Overall, my experience with HomeAdvisor has been positive, although it has also been hit or miss. I have used HomeAdvisor to get several bids/quotes. I find that usually HomeAdvisor will only match me up with a single company in their preferred list, and then several companies with no backing or Guarantees. I also find that many of the companies that they match me up with are at the higher end of the price spectrum, and really push add-ons above and beyond the original project. Slightly higher price I don't mind, but I really don't want to be upsold prior to completing my first project. I have attempted to use HomeAdvisor for 5 projects, but I have only successfully hired one company so far. Hopefully this number will go up as I learn how to better navigate and request services through HomeAdvisor.

HomeAdvisor was able to connect me with a top-notch professional land surveyor in a matter of a few hours after the inquiry was formally registered through its website. Several additional points of contact were provided and those will be vetted as the affiliated project comes into better perspective.

As a soon to be new homeowner, HomeAdvisor has helped to connect me with recommended services in the area to inspect and improve our future home! The site is easy to use and they connect you right to a professional to speak with. It is also nice to see other recommended contractors. Thank you.

I've had numerous successes with HomeAdvisor... Great site! They take the guesswork out of your project. The pros gave quotes in a timely manner and got started immediately. I will continue to use HomeAdvisor and recommend it to family and friends.

Currently HomeAdvisor only showed two companies in my area. When I checked another online service provider, it showed five companies. The discrepancy almost made go against HomeAdvisor, but in the end, I went with HomeAdvisor. AL offered more options but HA is my first choice.

Great experience, very efficient way to complete a project. The crew hired was amazing and did a very professional job. I received several calls within 2 hours to complete the project. I would highly recommend the professionals that came to paint my home.

Needed to replace three faulty outlets and two circuit breakers. Went to HomeAdvisor to search and hire electrician. Have used HomeAdvisor in past to find and hire contractor. Will continue to use this service in future. Homeadvisor is fantastic. Definitely will recommend to others. Response time was excellent after I submitted my problem to homeadvisor. I am very pleased with contractor and electric service I chose. I will continue to use them in the future. Thank you homeadvisor.

All of my solar screens were worn out and tearing. HomeAdvisor hooked me up with a company close by that did the work quickly, efficiently and very affordable. I plan on using them for my future projects. Their reviews seem to be very accurate and give you a couple of choices on the bigger jobs.

The air conditioner went out in the middle of June in West Texas and my husband and I were looking for a company we could trust to fix the problem correctly the first time at a reasonable cost. We decided to try HomeAdvisor after seeing the commercials on TV. HomeAdvisor gave us a list of companies in our area that were highly rated and already had screened. The company did a great job and we will be using HomeAdvisor again.

Returned calls right away when I submitted my request online. Followed up to the hire. Contacted me regarding quality of their work at completion of job to be sure I was satisfied. Great support and communications. Leo Landscape and Masonry was on time, listened to what I wanted done, considerate of my neighbor's property, cleaned up great, checked with me at the start of the project, during the project, and at the end of the project to be sure they were doing what I wanted and was satisfied.

Our roof started leaking on Wednesday and flooded my family room and lanai, so I called HomeAdvisor and someone was at my house that afternoon. I had three contractors call me within 30 min and scheduled all three to give an estimate.

HomeAdvisor Company Profile