HomeAdvisor

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I love HomeAdvisor because they get rid of the hassle of calling different contractors and finding which one is available. They give you the option of getting professionals to quote you online which is convenient as well as scheduling the work/estimate online.

Spring Cleaning of total interior of house - Honest. Reasonable rates. Excellent work.

I have hired several pros that I found on HomeAdvisor. They have all done superior work.

Great job in providing multiple names and numbers of companies in my area. Made my job easier in selecting a trusted company. It was just like talking with my friends on who they would suggest, who they trusted, and who would provide great service.

We used HomeAdvisor to find a good company to clean our air vents and registers. We quickly got 3 replies and ended up hiring one of them. They worked quickly and clean. The worker was very polite and answered all our questions honestly.

My garage door had several issues, tension on spring, rollers worn, track alignment. Steve worked his way through all of the door issues to a positive resolution. Also, I would like to say passionate about his work and personable. Great job Steve and thank you. I wouldn't hesitate to refer you to anyone less.

The contractor recommended by HomeAdvisor was courteous, responsive and the work was done quickly and to our complete satisfaction. My only suggestion for improvement would be the option of receiving contractor info without the contractor being notified. Sometimes I like to do research in advance of getting estimates.

Exceeded my expectations! Call CHERRY'S GARAGE Door Service, Tracy is the best! The immediate response was appreciated. Tracy not only repaired the problem, he completely dismantled and installed new cables, fine-tuned the springs and adjusted travel limits. You have to call Tracy for your garage door service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

I made the appt. online but not sure if they received it as I had no call back. They did show up within the allotted time frame but it would be a good idea if they called before coming just to make sure I was home and not outside etc. and maybe miss the appointment. There was no follow up after the appointment was made online. Other than that, it was fine.

I had window screens and a patio sliding door screen installed at my apartment. The work was professionally done and the gentleman installing the screens worked very quickly. I would highly recommend this company. I priced around prior to hiring them and they were cheaper than others in the area.

I had a small backyard landscape project and I really did not know what I wanted. Denise was friendly, personable and helpful in making a plan from the list of flowers I liked and her pricing was reasonable and affordable. I would recommend her work for your landscape project. I will be using her to maintain my new beautiful garden.

We didn't know where to find a concrete installer and HomeAdvisor showed us 2 options that eventually led us to D&W Concrete Construction. It was very easy and we were very happy with the results. We will be using Home Advisor again in the future.

I trust HomeAdvisor to provide me with pre-vetted, trustworthy vendors whenever I need help with any home project. I've been reminding neighbors and friends that they don't have to do all the background research on vendor candidates. HomeAdvisor does everything to ensure you get the best bids and contenders (not pretenders) for the job.

There are so many services on the internet these days, you approach each one with doubts about what they can actually do. HomeAdvisor pointed me to someone who was first rate in all aspects and the result was a pleasurable experience. Would use again.

Go-to site for nearly all homeowner needs. I have used HomeAdvisor several times since I've owned my house and they have provided a great list to work from each time. All of the professionals listed have been responsive and give the impression that they appreciate my business.

After calling several fence companies, with no luck, I went online to HomeAdvisor. Most of the companies did not wish to contract for a small job, or if they did, quoted a price that was too high for the repairs needed. Our split rail fence was in need of repair (a few posts, rails which were broken from a tree branch). The Contractor contacted us quickly, scheduled the work the following week, did a quality repair, at a reasonable cost. Very, very satisfied.

Got a good pro from the experience that did a great job. However I did not get a lot of options after filling out initial information. I expected to see more options and/or have more "pros" contact me regarding the request.

The first INSlEY Ink Removal forgot and left a table that I paid for... Atlanta Premier remove everything and it was a good experience! I would utilized Atlanta Premier and would refer to all my friends who need to have junk removed.

Electrical Work (Outlets and Light Installation) - Two responses were provided in a very timely manner. Both companies contacted me in an professional style and was very responsive to my needs with such short notice. Both firms inquire to my requirements with some detail on my request including time frame. The firms were polite and knowledgeable.

I like the by the task pricing vs by the hour but it seems to come in high especially to a handyman such as I am. But then again I was not as smart as I thought I was. I would caution on the up-sell for whole house and switch and outlet replacement but, if you have no idea how to do these tasks I would recommend it and the whole house surge protection as well.

I hired three different companies to do three different projects and was very satisfied with their jobs. I had to fix the gutters and it has just rained and the gutters are not leaking. I had my dryer duct cleaned out and now my clothes are drying much quicker. Finally, I had to completely replace my air conditioner and it is working great.

Hiring an Electrician via HomeAdvisor - Easy to parse results, rapid turnaround of request. Entire project - from seeking electrical contractor to completion of project - took 36 hours, with the callback from the initial request for quote occurring within (no lie) 5 seconds. Highly recommended, will use again.

I had several home projects and was happy to see local businesses on HomeAdvisor with great reviews. I got a phone call immediately and set up painting estimates with several companies. I will definitely use HomeAdvisor again for any future projects.

The owner of the company contacted me within minutes of requesting lawn care service. Very open to any of my requests per lawn care and concerns. The service was provided the next day and completed per request. I have hired this company until I am able to sell my house.

Quick response (done same day) and excellent job done. Will use the same service again. Very happy customer. Very professional. We live out of state and own the home where repair was done. We were able to do business over the phone and send a check for the repair. Very customer friendly.

So far, great. I've hired a painting company and an electrician and both were great. I did want to hire a handyman, but never got a response. I was contacted by phone by HomeAdvisor to find out what my experience was like regarding the handyman. Impressed that someone called me.

I am very pleased with HomeAdvisor. I have used it twice and recommend it. This latest time, they set me up with an appliance repairman who was professional and courteous and diagnosed the problem and provided acceptable solutions for the problem.

The first guy I hired was not handling his business very good and he made me chase him down for almost a month with empty promises of getting the job done. Then I tried another company and they were phenomenal. They got the job done from inquiry to finished product in 3 business days. I think HomeAdvisor needs to remove the slugs to save the consumer headaches.

I was looking for a pro to install a new ceiling fan on an 18 feet tall ceiling. They did an incredible job. They were punctual and very professional. 2 technicians with a 16 feet tall ladder, installation and assembly included... I will very much recommend this company to all my friends.

My brother lives in Maryland. He's moving to WI and needed some work done in the home he bought. I had no idea who to turn to. I went to Angie's List and they had nobody in my area. Then I went to HomeAdvisor's. I have to admit I was extremely hesitant. I found a painter and carpenter and they were both wonderful people to deal with. I will go to HomeAdvisor again anytime I need help!!

We have used HomeAdvisor on two projects now including roof repair and drywall repair in our garage. They matched us up with some great contractors who we will definitely use again if needed. We will also be using HomeAdvisor again and are currently going through the process of finding a shrub/tree removal specialist.

I found providers instantly and was able to contacted within 30 minutes of my inquiry. I chose R3 Hauling and was very pleased with the results (Waste Removal). I would choose HomeAdvisor in the future to find other professionals within my area.

I've used Home Advisor twice now and have had a great experience both times. First was to find a roofer that could repair a slate roof & second was to find someone to haul away an old refrigerator. I'll definitely keep using them!

HomeAdvisor Company Profile