It's that easy Request Information
4.74/5
Based on 6,325 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeAdvisor is a digital marketplace connecting millions of homeowners with the company’s vast network of service professionals to complete home improvement projects. Homeowners can find and vet local, prescreened home service professionals; view average home project costs using True Cost Guide; and instantly book appointments online and more.

HomeAdvisor Gallery (4)
Top Workplaces 2014
Top 100 Digital COmpanies in Colorado
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

17277 HomeAdvisor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Second time we have used HomeAdvisor successfully. Used to find our current landscaper as well. We now use Universal Landscaping. All Island Fence was prompt and followed through with calls all the way up to last one, asking about how satisfied we were with the work.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

HomeAdvisor was a great help in finding qualified contractors for our job. I would recommend them to anyone! The contractors were able to start right away and they were great to work with. This site allows you to choose the contractor. There were a lot to choose from.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I easily found what services I needed. Very easy to get around and locate things. Excellent!! Will go to HomeAdvisor anytime that I need any kind of work done. The service that I got was excellent, fast in getting with me, on time. So much easier than trying to locate someone yourself. Excellent site!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Your (filthy) roof now sparkles! More than that, the team was thorough and did a great job of cleaning up - even within our screened entryway, to be sure no residue or mess was left behind. Owner, Dylan ** is a delight to work with. We will, for sure, use them again - and again!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I called for recommendations on lawn sprinkler companies. Within 10 Minutes Phillip from Living Proof Sprinkler called and within a week they came out fixed my system. They didn't try and oversell me on replacement of controller box. In fact, said my system was in fine working order and had replace a few heads.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Home Advisor made this task easy. I will use them again. The installer was timely, knowledgeable, efficient and pleasant. The cost was very reasonable. The whole project, already a disaster, was saved, thanks to their organization, professionalism and excellent communication.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

It was super easy for us to replace our furnace and air conditioner using this service. HomeAdvisor sent us very qualified companies to choose from, and this gave us several options. We were able to pick a company that fit with our budget. Would use this again in the future for other projects around the house.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Had Master Bedroom and Master Bathroom painted, one color, one coat. Casey was on time and did a great job. Plan on doing more work in the future and will definitely contact him for the job. Reasonably priced and efficient.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Easy to get quotes from three interested contractors. They each helped us learn about the options. Glad we got the quotes because there was a wide cost range, and the low bid was with an excellent company that did great work.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

If I don't already have "a guy" or "a gal" I know that can do the work, I never worry about meeting pros from HomeAdvisor. I've used Home Advisor in multiple places all over the country for 10+ years!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Great experience hiring a contractor through HomeAdvisor. They were prompt. They came on time. They did a wonderful job. I would definitely trust homeadvisor in the future. I was actually surprised at how quickly we got the quotes and how quickly the contractors follow through.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

My air conditioner stopped working. I called HomeAdvisor, who sent someone to my home that day. The team checked all possibilities, concluded that the compressor needed to be replaced (it was over 20 years old), and installed a new unit the following day.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

The provider had a very quick response and provided good service. They did exactly what they said they were going to do. I am very satisfied with the result and will hire the provider again. Thank you for the service.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Replaced a leaking garbage disposal with a new disposal. It took only about 30 minutes. Repairman was Heros plumbing. They were on time, personable and polite. I appreciated the whole process with Home Advisor. I would call upon their assistance again.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I used Home Advisor to select a lawn care service in my (rural) area. The business they recommended turned out to be a great company to do business with. Top quality work from day one. I would recommend their service for your next project or continuing hire.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I came to HomeAdvisor as I needed a plumber and past experiences had not been good. There were 3 recommended to me and one called within minutes of my request on HomeAdvisor. The plumber showed up on time, was knowledgeable, efficient and professional. I highly recommend HomeAdvisor when needing repairs and services.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I was very pleased with HomeAdvisor!! They called me immediately after I called them and checked on my progress of the job and highly recommend your company to anyone wanting a job done right and a company to trust!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

My recommendation is that HomeAdvisor allow the consumer to review pro choices and prices BEFORE scheduling. I was surprised to be scheduled right away with a price range of 50 to 500 dollars. I had to get in contact with the company to find out what the cost would be. I did not expect that. In addition, at some point, my messages reached two people. It seemed like they could see on their end who it was, but not me (a bit confusing).

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Placed a description of 2 projects and within 30 minutes there were several responses. I was able to get several estimates on both projects in less than 4 days and actually completed the projects within a week of placing the requests. This service is extremely helpful in finding reliable companies.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I have used HomeAdvisor a few times and have always been happy with whoever they have contact me for my projects. I know that if I use HomeAdvisor, they will only have quality people contact me which is nice knowing. I'll definitely continue using HomeAdvisor!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I received a couple of suggestions and even a follow up call from a HomeAdvisor representative. I will definitely use this service again. My structural engineer was readily available, reasonably priced and easy to relate to. He made us feel more confident about our home and the steps we can make to remedy our issues.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I have hired 4 pros through HomeAdvisor so far and all of them have been top notch. The work was done fast, done well, and all of them were superb to deal with. Prices were very reasonable and fair as well. I will continue to hire pros through home advisor and will recommend it to anyone who needs work done in their home.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I had three pros respond and the first response was immediate. He got up super early to squeeze us into his busy schedule so the customer reviews were right on. Love HomeAdvisor now and will continue to use. We have many odd jobs around this house so something like HomeAdvisor is invaluable to me as I run the house for very busy people who like to have instant action and fixes.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Plumbing: clogged sink. Quick and easy app to use. I will be using it again in the near future for all my household problems. Next, on my list will to look for a roofing contractor. Now I know where to go to review different contractors.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I was able to be connected with a professional very quickly. This was my first time using HomeAdvisor and will definitely use it again. We have a solar water heater and not every repair place will work on solar water heaters and HomeAdvisor was able to hook us up with a company that could help us out.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I had my AC go out after multiple power outages in the neighborhood and using HomeAdvisor made it easy to get several professionals located that could help me with repairs. Will use again. At first, I was kinda surprised by the auto-booking of the service, but I called the company and we worked out the best time for service.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Cons: For those who are not handy, a tool that allows a search for available handymen/women is useful, appreciated and often necessary. It is also frustrating and you always end up hoping you chose the right one. Pros: I found a handyman but it may turn out that he is going to rip off my 80-year-old mother because he got a deposit and has been a no-show twice.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Great service. I like using HomeAdvisor. Always a good experience. Very professional organization. They always follow up to make sure someone contacted me about my project (sprinkler repair). I will always use HomeAdvisor when I have something that needs to be done around my place.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I have used HomeAdvisor twice, and even though each time I only received a call from one company, I was fortunate enough to get great service both times. I will continue to use HomeAdvisor for all my future needs.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I really enjoy searching pros and reading other peoples' experiences. It makes my project decisions so much easier. So far I have hired several pros using HomeAdvisor without any disappointments. What I really find helpful is the project cost estimator as well customer reviews. Best of all it's ALL free.

HomeAdvisor expert review by Joseph Truini

HomeAdvisor is a free online service that provides reviews and search tools for consumers to find home improvement professionals. The site also serves as an educational portal for home improvement projects.

• Profinder: HomeAdvisor provides an online search tool for finding remodeling professionals based on ZIP code.

• True Cost Guide: The website offers kitchen remodeling guides that outline the costs broken down into categories. Some guides also offer suggestions for how to save money.

• Design Mine: This Pinterest-like tool allows consumers to save, share and organize photos of designs. In addition, consumers can connect with professionals who have experience building in the favorite style of the consumer.

• Financing: HomeAdvisor works with a third party to obtain financing for kitchen remodel projects.

• Reviews: The site hosts more than five million reviews of professionals and has been used by more than 30 million homeowners.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for additional tools and services, such as finding professionals.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

HomeAdvisor Company Information

1999
14023 Denver West Parkway
Golden
CO
1-(877)-800-3177
www.homeadvisor.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business