Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars255
  • 3 stars54
  • 2 stars27
  • 1 stars104

HomeAdvisor is the nation's largest online marketplace for local screened home professionals. Connecting more than 30 million homeowners to the company's network of over 85,000 home service and improvement professionals.

I love HomeAdvisor because they get rid of the hassle of calling different contractors and finding which one is available. They give you the option of getting professionals to quote you online which is convenient as well as scheduling the work/estimate online.

Spring Cleaning of total interior of house - Honest. Reasonable rates. Excellent work.

I have hired several pros that I found on HomeAdvisor. They have all done superior work.

Stan did a beautiful job installing my sliding glass door as well as rehanging a back door. He pays great attention to detail. DO watch out for the difference between his verbal estimate and his written estimate. Also keep in mind that he is a one-man operation, so, unless your job is an emergency, expect to wait up to a month for your work to be done.

Easily completed their online questionnaire and had an immediate phone connection with Bert, from First Option Plumbing. We discussed my need, ASAP, received a quote and schedule to arrive within 1.5 - 2 hours. Done, done and doner! So effortless. So convenient. So satisfied!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Thanks to Home Depot who referred me to homeadvisor.com. I was able to get mold removed quickly from my home. Photos are from the removal and remediation of mold.

I found it very useful to have the names of the three painting contractors provided by HomeAdvisor. I contacted all three and choose the one that seemed best suited to our needs. I was not disappointed with the result. I will use HomeAdvisor again when I do not already have a contractor in mind.

This was the first time I used HomeAdvisor. The website was easy to navigate and the response time from the contractor was fast. We were very pleased with the contractor's work - no complaints!

I stumbled onto HomeAdvisor and so glad I am. I like being able to see reviews from other people and get some real information about the businesses that are on there. I have had to call the customer service and so far the customer service has been professional and courteous. They ask clarifying questions and work to find a mutually agreeable solution if needed. I will keep using this service to look for repair people in my area. I also love that they support small businesses!

We had two leaks in our tile roof during a prolonged week of rain. We called HomeAdvisor and the rep hearing how critical it was to have the repairs done quickly gave us the direct phone number to the contractor. David & Jason from Florida roofing & waterproofing promptly responded and provide a reasonable estimate & completed the repairs quickly preventing further damage. We are extremely satisfied with response & work performed.

Spring on garage door broken; got 3 names from HomeAdvisor; checked out each website and chose the one that also offered HOA maintenance services. Very happy with the work done. The team that came very professional, arrived within the allotted time period, polite, work was done quickly.

I found the experience locating contractors through HomeAdvisor an easy experience. I especially like being able to read previous clients' comments. That usually gives a pretty good idea of what to expect.

I am glad I found HomeAdvisor. I have had to get THREE different contractors for different jobs and have been completely satisfied with all. [Not even "friend-referrals" did such a good job]. HomeAdvisor is my one-stop shop for contractors of any kind.

Needed to recondition my spa as it had been idle for a few years. Two recommendations were given. The first name really only wanted to sell me a new unit after reviewing photos that I sent him. Larry (Hi-Tech) came prepared and resolved all issues efficiently and reasonably. Please make Hi-Tech the #1 suggested repair firm for spas.

Jose Landscape did a great job; arrived on time, trimmed palm trees and bushes, plus did a backyard cleanup. Work was done well and I would recommend again!

This was the first time I used HomeAdvisor. I found a contractor and was happy with the job he did. I would use HomeAdvisor again, should the need come up.

HomeAdvisor is a trusted source where you can obtain reputable, qualified and vetted contractors. I trust their recommendations for my home repair needs. They assure that contractors make appointments and they follow-up to make sure the customer is satisfied with the work or not.

Painting and or stain refinishing - Excellent recommendation and work done by referred firm that did my work! Will use HomeAdvisor again in the future for other types of work projects. Thanks for a good job.

My stated request was to get the highest rated repair company to do the job within one week (the minimum time offered). I provided the info asked for within a few minutes. HomeAdvisor then promised to connect me with a supplier within 2 minutes, and did so. Within the next hour and a half the dispatcher had sent a properly equipped repairman who accomplished the mission, and was on his way. Couldn't have gone better.

I was very pleased with the recommendation and the end result of the job was exactly what I was looking for. HomeAdvisor saved me a lot of time looking for the right pro.

I called 4 contractors from the list provided from HomeAdvisor. One said he no longer was doing the business, one said he was too busy to even call me back, one I had to leave a message and finally one, Paterson Construction Group, I was able to connect with (they did a fantastic job). 3 out of 4 is not a good stat. Not sure how but it would be nice if those not interested in doing the work could be removed.

From water main being re-routed through house walls to center of home location we had several large holes, also we wanted our garage ceiling sheet rocked. Mr. ** was chosen through HomeAdvisors' list and we were completely happy with his personality and especially his work ethics. He was efficient, clean, professional and worked until done.

Insulation in a garage conversion - Applied 1 inch closed cell expansion foam to 805 board feet followed by 2 1/2 inches of open cell expansion foam on the walls and a total of the two products applied thicker on the inside of the roof. The work crew then very neatly sawed and scraped the insulation back to allow the interior walls to be installed.

This whole repair project was stress-free from beginning to end. Richard of Best Appliance Repair was professional, honest and knowledgable. He fixed the refrigerator at a most reasonable price. I highly recommend this business for their integrity and expertise in their field.

We were very pleased with HomeAdvisor. The person who responded to our request was very professional, explained all work to be performed and I would hire him again. This was a very good experience for us.

This is the first time that I have used this service and I am very impressed! I completed the request at 10:30 pm and HomeAdvisor sent me 3 different providers contact information within minutes. I was able to email more specific information about what I was looking for and was able to meet and hire a provider the next day. I would certainly recommend HomeAdvisor to anyone looking for services and will continue to use them myself.

When I put in the request into HomeAdvisor, within a few seconds a gardener called me. We did not hire him because he was not professional. However, we did hire Perez Family Landscape from the other referrals through HomeAdvisor. Perez Family had good reviews and we know why after we met him. He was on time when giving estimate, arrived in uniform, lower price than competitors, good repair work. Thank you HomeAdvisor for referring us to Perez Family Landscape!

Camera Installation and Security System Upgrade and Additions. Not only did Llomar install a new wireless camera system, they upgraded our very outdated and nonfunctional security system. They did a fabulous job and added additional security measures we previously did not have. They were terrific to work with and had great customer focus. They recommended and added wireless sensors to the garage and heat detectors in the attic and garage for protection where we did not previously have any. They repaired and replaced much of our old security system and we now have a wonderful sense of security when we close up the homestead.

Llomar took great care in working with us to make us happy and also to enable us to learn how to use our new cameras and security system. We would certainly recommend Llomar Alarm Company for all of your security needs. HomeAdvisor is how we found Llomar Alarm Company. HomeAdvisor provided/recommended 6 companies in our area to choose from. After reviewing those companies and several others, we chose Llomar and we are very happy we did. Glad we used HomeAdvisor and we would use them again.

Electrical trouble shooting. We are happy to give this company a 5 star rating. Timely, polite, careful and patient while teaching an older couple. Although your site/application said there were no openings until Wednesday, we had our problem taken care of before dinner time. Thanks.

We have now used your service 5 times and every time was very pleased. Your follow-up was fast and professional, and the people you referred were great. We appreciate the service you provide and look forward to continuing using your website.

HomeAdvisor Company Profile