It's that easy Request Information
4.37/5
Based on 2,405 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeAdvisor is a digital marketplace connecting millions of homeowners with the company’s vast network of service professionals to complete home improvement projects. Homeowners can find and vet local, prescreened home service professionals; view average home project costs using True Cost Guide; and instantly book appointments online and more.

HomeAdvisor Gallery (4)
Top Workplaces 2014
Top 100 Digital COmpanies in Colorado
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

19542 HomeAdvisor Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: July 11, 2019

I got three estimates for my job (power wash the house, driveway, fence, pool cage, pool deck, and a retaining wall). All three companies sent a rep within 24 hours. I decided to go with Aris & Shine Cleaning Service. Although there weren’t many reviews of their power washing service, they had high ratings for other services. When it comes down to it, I hire people not a company. The couple came, I showed them what I wanted, they quoted me a price. But beyond that we just talked. I was impressed with their professionalism and their personalities. So how did they do the job? Not only did they do what I needed they threw in some extras. The job took a little longer than expected, but there is no doubt about the result. EVERYTHING they said they would do, they did! And everything looks fantastic. I have saved their info for the next time. Give them a chance and you will not be disappointed!

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2019

The plumber was polite, punctual and very professional. Our toilet was clogged. The issue was resolved quickly and the price was very reasonable. On the second call, He worked very carefully doing delicate work to repair some old kitchen pipes under my sink. He explained that because of the age of the pipes they could crumble and need major repair underneath my house. He knew I was on a fixed income. He hoped to avoid that expense for me. He even had the parts he needed with him. He also shared as he worked that he had experience repairing pipes like mine before. They are copper dating back to the 1950's.

This is the first time I remember a plumber being concerned about doing more than necessary. And as he worked with obvious skill, I realized that I was really glad that he was not a new plumber just starting out. On another call last Winter, I awoke to frozen pipes. I was filled with dread, imagining the worst case scenario. I called him. He suggested I do a few things and call him back if it didn't do the trick. Oh my gosh, it worked! I called him back overwhelmed with gratitude. One evening I watched the evening news report a story that undermined the credibility Of HomeAdvisor with a few unhappy customers. The odds of a few bad experiences out of thousands of good ones is to be expected. As I watched I realized that I had called my plumber three times within a year and a half being extremely happy with each repair, and I hadn't written even one review.

I am more than grateful to have the help of HomeAdvisor and their service has always been free. On my budget I couldn't have paid for that too. They do everything they advertise making sure the repairmen are skilled and credible. This does take time. I know this because I used to own a busy hair salon. I always met with three plumbers to get estimates whenever we needed work. I had to do my own research on each one. Only the BBB was available to get background information. And being a female business owner was the same as going to a mechanic as a single mom. I got taken advantage of unless I asked a male friend to go with me.

I shared this last part because I wanted to illustrate how priceless an honest skilled craftsman is. I changed it from repairman to craftsman after I watched my plumber carefully create new pipe to connect to old copper pipe that had crumbled. I may feel stress over something in my home needing unexpected repair. But I don't feel stress wondering if someone is skilled or honest, and not trying to pad the bill with repairs that aren't necessary. I will always call HomeAdvisor for any type of home repair.

Original review: April 15, 2019

This review has nothing to do with contractors, etc., but about the Homeadvisor.com site itself. I have used this site a few times. After you enter all your information, it brings up suggested companies, etc. Then I have chosen one or two to get a quote from. All good so far. The problem is if I didn't write down the names of the companies it brought up and which ones I wanted a quote from, I have several companies calling, texting, emailing, and I'm at this point not even sure which one I was really interested in, in the first place! I always try to go back in, put in same info, but it always comes up with new companies that I had not seen before. Now I'm not sure who it is. I read all the reviews on and decided to get a quote from - when so many others call! Is there any way to go back in and find out who you originally liked?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I was out of town and discovered that I had water on my floor in the basement. So, I did not know who to call, and I remembered Home Advisor as a resource. So, I called and got the ball to rolling with quotes, and subsequently had someone to come out and repair the problem. It was an emergency and during the New Year's holiday weekend and everyone was off and closed. So, I contracted the plumbing company and they came and fixed the problem and got the water off the floor. Now, I will work with a mitigator to dry out my basement from the water in the walls. I will use Home Advisor for that problem as well. Hopefully, after the mitigator comes and dry out my basement, I should be back to normal in my basement. I am glad I rememebred to call Home Advisor to recitfy my home problem. I will continue to use Home Advisor for all my home needs and problems. They came through this time and I am most appreciative of their work and service.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

At my rental property in New York, an undetected water leak caused significant damage to first floor ceilings and walls. Home Advisor offered a few contractors for this job. The first one I contacted came to the residence, provided me the cost for this job, and the following morning his worker showed up to start the job, but the owner, Ortiz Heras, did not show and had someone phone me to tell me he wanted to charge me more than the $550 cash price he quoted me the day before. I was departing for my home of record out of state in 2 days and it was the weekend.

The 2nd contractor I called, Dave Squires Drywall Company, came promptly and did the job as a true professional for $500. 5 stars across the board for Dave Squires Drywall and Painting Company. There are some great contractors on Home Advisor, I'm thankful Home Advisor referred Dave Squires as well. Ortiz Heras Painting Co should be removed from Home Advisor as his tactic was almost a scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: July 22, 2019

We recently installed marble that was advanced into the bathroom. Despite raising the glass shower door, it was still difficult to open the door as it was tight and scratching the marble. The problem was rapidly diagnosed and rectified. The gentleman sent was on time, kept a clean workplace, fixed the problem perfectly.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Through this service, I found an excellent dryer vent cleaning service. The only downside was it took the person so long to answer the call, that I was ready to hang up. There was a lot of noise in the background. In the end, everything went well.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Easy website to navigate and the choices you are given in the type of services you are seeking takes the worrying out of the process. The reviews helps in selecting which professionals to call and hire. I highly recommend HomeAdvisor in your projects.

Original review: July 21, 2019

As a single woman, I want someone I know is trustworthy doing work in my house. HomeAdvisor has quality contractors. You get a call back almost immediately and the contractor is ready to work. They do all the screening so you know you can trust who they recommend.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Being a first time user of the site I did not know what to expect. Things worked out well, I got the service I required the same day I inquired about prospects for the project. There were multiple prospects for the job, but some of them turned out to be companies that would not travel to my zip code.

Original review: July 20, 2019

The contractor provided quality work to repair a leak in a 4 inch main under my house and a leaking bathroom face bowl (new stop valve) all under a tight schedule that I needed done. I would recommend this contractor to others.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Evaluation and repair of air conditioning system in my home, work was timely and on time. In spite of depressive weather issues outside. Considerate of my situation and needs were met. Professional and respectful. Even though my repair needs were minimal the technician.

Original review: July 20, 2019

First time I used HomeAdvisor. I needed carpet cleaners and it was easy to submit my request for quotes. I selected a pro who was out the next day and did a great job. We needed another home repair job and we went right to HomeAdvisor.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I used their service to find a reputable plumber. I am leary of using someone with no reviews. HomeAdvisor gave me the option to choose different plumbers, and I chose the one who could come the same day.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Have had great experience with HomeAdvisor professionals as well as with Home Advisor personnel. Received a call from Home Advisor staff to ensure my projects are going well and if I needed assistance with anything. I was also provided another service that Home Advisor is associated with for smaller things like house cleaning and more.

Original review: July 19, 2019

We hired All About Landscaping that we found through HomeAdvisor. Stan was honest and easy to work with. He was there when he said he would be or texted to say when he could be there. He did a good job on our backyard. He put in a riverbed, sprinklers and sod. I would totally recommend them to friends and family.

Original review: July 19, 2019

After submitting request, I received a phone call within minutes. Very courteous, and I felt honest. Asked about additional work on the outside of the home and gave me what I feel is a rough fair estimate. I will most likely hire him to do the additional work.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Professional handyman. Very good experience. A few candidates were introduced in a timely manner. Thank you for your assistance. I have used HomeAdvisor in a few occasions and will continue to use their great services.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Great experience with J&M Cleaning services. Would recommend them to anyone needing cleaning services for a new construction cleaning, or weekly house cleaning service. Martha and Juan are professional and great at what the do. I will be using on a regular basis.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I was apprehensive to try Home Advisor, but so happy I did! From the very beginning they were very helpful without being pushy or demanding. I was provided a list of contractors that I could contact and the one that I chose was beyond amazing. Will definitely be back. Thank you.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I thought I was going to need a new motor, but he simply replaced the bearings in the fan and I was up and running in no time. Cost was lowered as I am on a fixed income and he was willing to work with me on it.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Turned to HomeAdvisor after a highly-recommended HVAC company left me hanging. As with every company I have found through Home Advisor I was very pleased. Great, fast service and didn't get gouged. I am always very comfortable recommending one of the Home Advidor companies to friends, family and coworkers.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I have hired 2 projects through HomeAdvisor and I am working on my 3rd. Fast and easy to use and HomeAdvisor only provides highly rated pros for the jobs. Both projects were completed on time and no major hassles. Communication is easy and the Pros for the job you want contact you.

Original review: July 18, 2019

House repair and tree cutting. We were put in contact with two excellent professional companies. One to help repair the roof from water damage to our home and the second to cut and remove some of our trees that were too close to the house. Home Advisor does make finding the right people easy. Thank you.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I submitted a request for emergency HVAC repairs thru the HomeAdvisor site. I was provided a recommendation within 5 minutes. I immediately called the recommended provider, Paladin HVAC. The tech told me he just got off the phone with Home Advisor. This was faster response and coordination than I expected. The recommended provider was the right team for the job and Home Advisor did a great job providing the interface. Will use often! Thanks!

Original review: July 18, 2019

HomeAdvisor presented us with a list of contractors within 48 hour of my request. The contractors contacted arrived quickly for surveys and presented quotes, typically, quickly. The contractor that we chose was thorough, transparent, responsive and reliable. We were very pleased with the job done.

Original review: July 18, 2019

HomeAdvisor put me in touch with the right company. I am happy with the results. We needed a re-screen done and wanted a company we could trust. Francesco re-screen was the right company. Fast and quality service. I'll use again in the future.

Original review: July 18, 2019

It is nice to easily find professionals I can rely on for jobs with HomeAdvisor! I have used HomeAdvisor many times and have not had a bad experience yet with the professionals I have used through this website. The follow up is very helpful as well.

Original review: July 18, 2019

This was a complete remodel of our basement, floors, walls and ceiling. The workers were great and did a very good job. Lux Renovations responded to everything we needed and asked for. The work was completed in about 2 weeks. We are very happy with the way it came out. Anyone doing a project like this should check out Lux Renovations before starting their project.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Our garage door (almost ten years old) developed a broken spring. There was no other damage to the door. We placed a search on Home Advisor to get recommendations for the repair and selected the company that had the most positive reviews. The process was very easy.

HomeAdvisor expert review by Joseph Truini

HomeAdvisor is a free online service that provides reviews and search tools for consumers to find home improvement professionals. The site also serves as an educational portal for home improvement projects.

• Profinder: HomeAdvisor provides an online search tool for finding remodeling professionals based on ZIP code.

• True Cost Guide: The website offers kitchen remodeling guides that outline the costs broken down into categories. Some guides also offer suggestions for how to save money.

• Design Mine: This Pinterest-like tool allows consumers to save, share and organize photos of designs. In addition, consumers can connect with professionals who have experience building in the favorite style of the consumer.

• Financing: HomeAdvisor works with a third party to obtain financing for kitchen remodel projects.

• Reviews: The site hosts more than five million reviews of professionals and has been used by more than 30 million homeowners.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for additional tools and services, such as finding professionals.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

HomeAdvisor Company Information