Call toll free
4.65/5
Based on 5,085 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeAdvisor is a digital marketplace connecting millions of homeowners with the company’s vast network of service professionals to complete home improvement projects. Homeowners can find and vet local, prescreened home service professionals; view average home project costs using True Cost Guide; and instantly book appointments online and more.

HomeAdvisor Gallery (4)
Top Workplaces 2014
Top 100 Digital COmpanies in Colorado
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

18180 HomeAdvisor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

On my first attempt to find a repair technician, the technician scheduled a time to look at my system. He contacted me the day prior to the appointment and said he would have to delay and would contact me to reschedule. I did not hear from him again. A year later I contacted two different contractors who both indicated they were not willing to attempt the repair. I tried again with Home Advisor and was contacted by Simply Efficient Solar. I hired Simply Efficient Solar and am completely satisfied with the work performed.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I needed a quick turnaround to get my gutters cleaned. HomeAdvisor made it so easy to get quotes. I got a response from three contractors within minutes. They were courteous and professional. I would recommend them to others for prompt response.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Electrical panel upgrade. They upgraded the panel to 200 amp service, ran a new circuit to the kitchen and placed and wired a 60 amp sub panel in the attic. They were nice people to work with and the owner, Sam, was in constant contact before, during and after the project.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I received a response right away of local companies who could provide lawn care for me. Home Advisor was very friendly, knowledgeable, and professional, as well as fast. I really appreciate their help with picking out a good quality lawn care company to treat my yard.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

My request for help had immediate responses. The company I chose was excellent! I was able to read reviews of the companies they were referring, which was a great help. A Home Advisor rep called to see how the job was going. I'll definitely use again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

The people I have used with Home Advisor have been very professional and have performed excellent service. I did have one service come out for a project they knew nothing about but hoped I would sign up for a pest control service.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I was very pleased that I could edit my initial negative review since the company tried to be prompt and efficient after a delay in shipping. The app allowed me to update my review and my initial negative review caused the vendor to get on the stick and finish the job.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I needed a sheetrock repairman for multiple areas of wall damage that I thought would be a smaller job than it actually was. I received two responses only, so I hired one of the two and I am so pleased with the results, the price, and the communication and respect for my time the business displayed. Super happy and not sure if I would have chosen this company without HomeAdvisor.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Had a back flowing/clogged garage drain. I had tried a few other plumbers and had gotten no callbacks, so I tried Home Advisor. I had a call within 5 minutes of my submission and the plumber was amazing. He was there within a few hours and took care of the problem quickly. Reasonable cost and would use him again. I will look at Home Advisor now first.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Large appliance repair. It was very easy to use their website. The whole experience went very well. Hired the first company suggested and we are happy. Later that same day another user called my cell phone and wanted a quote from me to fix something. I told her it must have been a mistake from HomeAdvisor. No one else called us so all's well that ends well.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

TV Install - Quick and easy, got a phone call from an install company 5 minutes after calling Home Advisor. The company called, set an appointed and arrived on time, in fact he beat me home and was waiting for me when I arrived.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Thanks for being there Home Advisor. I was in need of a quick quote and fast service for a contractor, and you were there. Even when the work was done, you were there to ensure that my needs were met and I was happy with the service. Thank you so much.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

They removed all cabinet doors. Then sanded front, sides of all cabinets that were in kitchen. All of the cabinets then were lightly painted and wiped down so grain of wood could be seen. After paint dried they glazed the cabinets. At the shop the cabinet doors were cleaned, sanded, painted and glazed, laying flat so a thick coat of glaze would not run. After all doors, cabinets were dry, they brought the door back to my home and installed all the doors back to the cabinets. They made sure all hardware was replaced level and correct. They then cleaned the kitchen and floors. Left area as they found it.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I have used Home Advisor several times now to obtain recommendations for work to be completed on my home and property. I have not had a bad experience yet. They give me a list of contractors, I read over the reviews and then I make my selections on contractors from whom to obtain estimates. It's up to me to select the best suited based upon my criteria.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

The company recommended by Home Advisor, Leveraged IT Solutions, called within a few minutes of the search for mounting a television. They were quick, courteous, professional, and timely. We were pleased with the finished product, which required mounting a 65 inch television over a brick fireplace. We would definitely recommend their services.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I wanted a quote for carpet cleaning in my area and received info immediately. I also had calls I think from three. I selected the first company that reached out to me because of his availability (next day) and the price. Once I did that it would have been nice for the others to not call me.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I used Home Advisor to perform repairs found during a home sale inspection. I needed Roofer, plumber, HVAC servicing and trees trimmed. This was my first experience using Home Advisor. You simply follow the instructions and the contractors will contact you within minutes.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Extremely pleased with the condo tub/shower refinishing done by Tub Rescue. Looks great - went from condo almond to bright white. Now looks clean and new. Owner was informative/pleasant and personable. Would recommend Tub Rescue to a friend - - and actually have!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Promptly connected us to an electrician. The electrician was available at short notice to install a new stove and we felt that the work was excellent. Our only complaints were that they worked fewer hours than was initially estimated and that they wanted to charge more than was initially estimated ($620 rather than $500). We paid the $500.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Roof replacement from storm damage - Very pleased with finding several good leads for my project. The company I selected was very professional. Thanks so much for the options of companies you selected for me. I was able to select several for review of my project.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Gave several companies to work with, and provided good follow up. Nice to have several reviews for each company suggested to make choice easy. I liked it showed what companies were listed with BBB. Will use HomeAdvisor in the future.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

HomeAdvisor now offers two or three firms to for you to select. Much better arrangement than years ago when your name was given out to all businesses and then you had calls from dozens of firms and for weeks after.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I used to pay for Angie's List but the service I receive from HomeAdvisor is just as good, if not better. I have yet to receive the $50 bonus for completing 3 jobs with them, but hopefully that will be a pain free and easy process.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

HomeAdvisor did a good job of connecting me with a contractor quickly and following up on my service. When I was having trouble with one contractor they offered to connect me with another. I ended up staying with the initial contractor and got a really good deal on my repairs... hundreds of dollars less than I anticipated.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I was looking for a replacement for my garage door opener. I contacted HomeAdvisor and found a great company to help me. The work was done well, and the installer really explained everything so I could easily understand what work needed to be done. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have used this service before to find contractors and have always been very pleased with the contractors recommended. The contractor I chose for the work this time was on time, professional, and did nice work. I would recommend this service to others who are looking for a local contractor.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Have used Home Advisor before and highly recommend. I have never been disappointed. On time, quality, fair prices... I even like to tip extra because I feel they earn it. I will be utilizing in 2019 for various home projects and repairs.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

This is the second time I have used HomeAdvisor and the second time I am completely satisfied with the contractors recommended. It is easy to use; provides a good, secure means of communications between the contractor and homeowner. It is a good resource for finding well rated, fair, local contractors.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

When I could not find the correct contractor that I needed I was able to speak with a representative that gave me the information and contact of the person that I needed. I like the fact that I could speak with someone and not just rely on the information that I was putting in. People to people is the best when you have questions. I would recommend Bilbrey Construction of Lake Orion, Michigan for any repairs. They were and are great to work with. I give them a 10 if I could.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

HomeAdvisor has connected me with some excellent pros that have done a great job on my home improvements. We bought a fixer upper and homeadvisor makes it so much easier to research pros. I am grateful for this website. We still need a lot more work to be done and home advisor will be with me every step of the way.

HomeAdvisor expert review by Joseph Truini

HomeAdvisor is a free online service that provides reviews and search tools for consumers to find home improvement professionals. The site also serves as an educational portal for home improvement projects.

• Profinder: HomeAdvisor provides an online search tool for finding remodeling professionals based on ZIP code.

• True Cost Guide: The website offers kitchen remodeling guides that outline the costs broken down into categories. Some guides also offer suggestions for how to save money.

• Design Mine: This Pinterest-like tool allows consumers to save, share and organize photos of designs. In addition, consumers can connect with professionals who have experience building in the favorite style of the consumer.

• Financing: HomeAdvisor works with a third party to obtain financing for kitchen remodel projects.

• Reviews: The site hosts more than five million reviews of professionals and has been used by more than 30 million homeowners.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for additional tools and services, such as finding professionals.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

HomeAdvisor Company Information