4.81/5
  • 1 star
Based on 6,614 ratings submitted in the last year
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeAdvisor is a digital marketplace connecting millions of homeowners with the company’s vast network of service professionals to complete home improvement projects. Homeowners can find and vet local, prescreened home service professionals; view average home project costs using True Cost Guide; and instantly book appointments online and more.

HomeAdvisor Gallery (4)
Top Workplaces 2014
Top 100 Digital COmpanies in Colorado

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 24, 2017

12738 HomeAdvisor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

He did an excellent job mounting 2 TV's on my wall. He did it in my family room and bedroom. I am very happy with his service. I would recommend him to my family and friends. I feel very confident in everything he did in my home today.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I saw HomeAdvisor advertised on TV one night and looked them up online. By the next morning I had a suggested provider’s information (Masonry). The process was easy, the price seemed reasonable, and the quality is better than expected.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I was very satisfied with the way I was able to receive information about the company and how to contact them. There were no fees and all arrangements and transactions were completed with the company chosen. I will use HomeAdvisor again for some other home projects. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

HomeAdvisor is 2 for 2. I used two different vendor recommendations for two different projects, one for window repair and one for landscaping. In both cases, they proved to be professional, courteous, did quality work for a fair price. That is hard to beat.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I would definitely recommend HomeAdvisor for finding a quality pro quickly and easily. I used them for finding a professional to replace my hot water heater. I was contacted the same day and was able to set something up at the time I wanted at a reasonable price. They did a great job.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

So pleased with HomeAdvisor and Jerry ** of Adobe Blinds LLC. Just the best experience! Not only did I get a call back within minutes but it was Thanksgiving day! He was at my home at 9 a.m. the very next morning!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Your HomePro Kenneth ** did a great job clearing and cleaning my gutters. He is a down-to-earth professional, and most important, he is a dependable, decent man. Thanks to HomeAdvisor for making the whole process simple and safe. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Mold & water remediation and encapsulation of a crawl space. Was pleased with the recommended contractors and ultimately hired one of the three recommended companies. I have found HomeAdvisor to be an effective and helpful resource when looking to hire a contractor.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Sliding Glass Door Repair - I had put in two calls to a company that never responded. With HomeAdvisor I had a contractor call me within minutes. I set up an appointment, parts were ordered and the repair was completed in a timely manner. I was very satisfied with the experience.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

HomeAdvisor provided me with three local contractors for quoting my project. All three gave me what I felt were fair prices and were very professional during the quoting process. Anyone of them would have been a good choice, but I went with the person who gave me some suggestions to get the best results for my flooring and the finish came out better than expected.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Always use HomeAdvisor for any projects that might come up. Have never been disappointed. I appreciate the follow up call to see how things went and their interest in having everything completed to my expectations. I definitely would recommend HomeAdvisor!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

We have used HomeAdvisor several time and have always been pleased with their referrals. We will use this service again. We have told family and friends about this service and I am sure they will benefit from it. I did not find it necessary to search far and wide to find quality help.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Oven Repair - Fantastic experience. I will definitely be using HomeAdvisor again. It was super fast, and user friendly. I received two calls from the contacts that I chose. This was on Thanksgiving day of 2017! The repairman that I went with was top of the line. I'm going to use him for all of my appliance needs and recommend him to all of my friends and family. Super happy, God bless!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I have used HomeAdvisor previously to find professionals and there was no question about who I would call to get referrals. Faster than other services I tried. I received an immediate response to meet my needs for a home inspector in my area.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I consult HomeAdvisor before I begin any home improvement project to give me an accurate idea of what to expect and potential businesses who can get my job done well and within my expected time frame. I would recommend HomeAdvisor to anyone to compare prices and services.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Day before holiday, refrigerator stopped working. With family coming thought would have to wait to get someone to fix. Went to home advisor. Got a call within minutes from and scheduled tech to come later in day. A bit high on cost but you get what you pay for. Frig fixed and tech gone within 2 hours. Made holiday better than it would been.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

A carpet cleaner had used too much water and the carpet buckled. This company came in and fixed the problem. Great customer service from the initial phone contact thru the completion of the job. They even contacted me several days after the job was completed to verify the work was completed satisfactorily.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I saw a HomeAdvisor ad on TV and decided to give them a try. Fortunately they had a listed contractor in my area that could provide the scope of work I needed. HomeAdvisor worked as advertised. Excellent quality contractor recommended. Successful deck expansion project completion.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I have consulted with HomeAdvisor.com with two home projects, kitchen remodel and stair railings. The kitchen remodel was three years ago and it was a perfect job! It still looks new today! Love it! The stair railing job was for an outside metal replacement railing and an indoor wood/metal railing. Also, an excellent job completed. I highly recommend HomeAdvisor.com to all my friends and family.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

This was my first time using HomeAdvisor. I was a very well pleased with their recommendation and the ratings on the businesses they represent. They follow up with appointment reminders and how the job went. Highly recommend this service.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I am very pleased with HomeAdvisor. They are very easy to deal with and the companies they recommend are very professional. I will definitely use them again. They follow up to make sure companies have contacted us and that we are all set. I will recommend HomeAdvisor to others looking for work to be done to their property.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

All I wanted to do was to see how much a water softener installed would be and to see contractor reviews. Somehow I must have said I was interested as I received 2 calls in the span of an hour or so But I did go ahead with the project anyway.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I read the reviews about Kevin and his interactions with previous people and they all seem to echo the fact that he knows his stuff and is very professional. I'm very leery of letting contractors come by the house with only my wife there but I can say that this was a good experience.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I've had several experiences hiring from HomeAdvisor and Dano (Dano's Garage Door Service) provided the best service, value and experience I've had with a repairman since owning my home in York, PA. I've been apprehensive about hiring anyone for any jobs on my property because I've been taken advantage of from a quality-of-work, price/value and duration of project. Dano has given me a new hope that there are actually trustworthy and honest people out there that will actually earn their pay, and won't leave me wondering if I got screwed or not after they leave the job.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I'm a single woman and really appreciate that HomeAdvisor using a number of methods to screen their clients. The pros have been checked for everything that matters to keep the public safe, which is something most people can't do. I'm glad that the workers who have been in my house are licensed in their fields, criminal background checked, sex offender checked and can work safely and legally.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

HomeAdvisor proved to be an excellent source for locating a quality, local repair service for my water heater replacement. The questions asked when submitting my request helped to connect me with the most appropriate company for my services. I would highly recommend HomeAdvisor to anyone in need of a quality repair.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Repairman showed up promptly as scheduled. Diagnosed the problem. He gave me a quote to which I agreed. He secured the part from his truck and completed the repair. Start to finish was 35 minutes. Amazing service from HomeAdvisor.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I had a slow running drain in my basement shower and needed it fixed, I tried to fix it myself, but I couldn't. HomeAdvisor contacted a contractor near me who was available and put me in touch with him in less than a minute! He came out the next day (not an emergency), and quickly diagnosed and fixed the problem.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

WINDOW INSTALLATION - This service was very helpful in finding a good contractor. They did an excellent job and I highly recommend Coastal Exteriors. This service is needed in our area since there are not that many contractors that have the reviews I was seeking.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Submitted a request for information for attic insulation. Wow. Yesterday Carlos and Joe came to my house, took a look, gave me an estimate that I could live with, well within my budget, compared to the other competitors, and I did shop around. I hired them right away. I was hoping to get them in and out before thanksgiving and they showed up the next day (today) and did an outstanding job. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Bioguard. I will be looking to hire them again for my next project next year after the holidays.

HomeAdvisor Company Information