4.4/5 (679 ratings)
HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi)

About HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi)

HomeAdvisor is an online resource that helps residents find reliable home repair or improvement services in their area. HomeAdvisor has service providers in multiple categories on its site, from maid services to HVAC repair, and screens each one to make sure you end up working with a trustworthy provider. It also backs its platform with a Happiness Guarantee.

Pros

• Convenient app
    • Free to use
    • Instant online scheduling
    • Happiness Guarantee

Cons

• Doesn’t show all companies in area
    • Limited options in some locations

Bottom Line

HomeAdvisor connects residents who are looking to start a project or repair to pros and contractors in their area. The website works with more than 100,000 professionals who are prescreened for legitimacy and safety.

Top HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi) Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Verified

I’ve received… three services through HomeAdvisor Pros and am very satisfied... They are very diligent and recommend the best Pros. ... They were all very responsible, courteous a...

Verified

As a new homeowner, I didn't know where to go to compare prices and reviews and get honest information, but so far, HomeAdvisor has been the best resource! I've hired 4 different ...

What is HomeAdvisor?

HomeAdvisor is a free online resource for homeowners. The company helps match you with a professional in your area that offers the services you need. The site provides estimated costs for services to help you understand what to expect when requesting quotes. HomeAdvisor has an online booking tool that lets you schedule a fixed-price service without picking up the phone.

Services available on HomeAdvisor include maid services, plumbing repairs, lawn care, electrical services, general contracting and hundreds of others. In general, you can book any home-related work through HomeAdvisor.

The company backs its service with a Happiness Guarantee, promising to make it right if something goes wrong.

How does HomeAdvisor work?

Using HomeAdvisor's site, you can search for local contractors for multiple types of home repairs or home services. HomeAdvisor prescreens each company and its owner to ensure proper licensing and customer satisfaction.

HomeAdvisor matches you with a contractor by guiding you through a series of questions and providing you with quotes from qualified local contractors. You can also book a fixed-price service immediately online. Alternatively, you can use the search bar to search for a local page for your area and see a list of companies. HomeAdvisor provides a snapshot of each company with relevant information such as services, reviews and phone numbers.

As you compare options, you can directly reach out to HomeAdvisor by phone or live chat.

If you’re not yet ready to contact a local professional, read through some of HomeAdvisor’s articles about the topic you’re searching. The company’s “Resource Center” section of its website contains a library of information about home services and projects.

HomeAdvisor cost

HomeAdvisor is completely free to use for homeowners searching for information about contractors and professionals in their area. There is no obligation to book a service if you choose to receive quotes.

For contractors who want to promote their business using the platform, HomeAdvisor charges a membership fee of around $300 per year, plus additional fees per lead (anywhere between $15 to $60). The exact cost depends on the business’s location and industry. This price per lead is charged even if the lead doesn’t turn into a customer.

HomeAdvisor FAQ

How much does it cost to be on HomeAdvisor?
    Companies pay to be featured on HomeAdvisor. They pay a membership fee and a price per lead that varies depending on industry and location. Homeowners who are searching for a professional do not need to pay.
    Is HomeAdvisor trustworthy?
    For the most part, bad reviews are typically specific to contractors, not homeowners. HomeAdvisor prescreens each business on its site and shows ratings and reviews from previous customers. The company has handled over 100 million service requests, according to its website.
    Is HomeAdvisor worth using?
    Yes. Because it’s a free site, HomeAdvisor is a great way to start your search when looking for contractors. Of course, always ask friends and family for recommendations and advice as well.
    Is HomeAdvisor free?
    HomeAdvisor is free for homeowners to use. It does charge contractors who want to be featured on the site.

Is HomeAdvisor legit?

Using HomeAdvisor is a good way for homeowners to find vetted contractors in their area. However, because contractors pay to be featured on the website, it doesn't offer a full picture of all the options available locally. If you’re searching for a local home repair or improvement provider and want to read reviews from other customers, we recommend using HomeAdvisor.

HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi) Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi)?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

This was my first time using Oak Plumbing. I use Service Advisor/Angi’s list all the time. I read the reviews, counted the number of stars and looked at how many customers rated them. I checked the average rates in my area forward the type of work I needed. Then I chose Oak Plumbing. I had an emergency; faucet behind refrigerator was leaking with water going under floor planks. I received a call in less than five minutes and it was after hours.

I set my appointment, they kept me informed throughout the process and Daniel ** was my guy. He was timely and he did outstanding work in less time than he quoted me. I found an Oak Plumbing coupon online and they graciously accepted it. I highly recommend Oak Plumbing and, Daniel **. I was working on some documents as he worked and he was respectful in not disturbing me. Every time he had to go to his truck, he tiptoed through the house. Who does that? Share click to collapse contents.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I filled out a request for service on a project recently. I can't find the order number. I've logged into my account and cannot see an order number anywhere. Regarding privacy, it makes me feel unsafe to enter my project information, including my name, email, address and phone number, and then have the Home Advisor App take that information and send it to Pros. I would feel more secure if I could get the names of the Pros first and vet them myself before having them contact me. This last pro that I worked with explained to me that the pros don't get the customer's phone number and other personal information. I was happy to learn that, but I wish that the HomeAdvisor website would clarify that. I think a lot of customers share my privacy concerns.

Original review: July 17, 2021

Worked great, had problems getting companies to call me back. But when I used the app, I had a Pro call me within a couple hours. Only problem I have, is the Pro was the 4th on the list in my project details and the app would not bring them up to select as my Pro. It only would offer top 2 or 3. Need to have a way to select as the Pro from the project details area or offer up more than the first 3 options as who to choose as your pro. I had to go through the internet and find them there leave the review. Overall great experience and cost less than I thought it would. Thank you.

Original review: July 14, 2021

If you have a project you must call Forever Green Landscaping and Construction. We wanted a privacy fence and got several estimates. Forever Green Landscaping and Construction gave the best estimate. Mike and his crew have so much experience and suggested things that did not occur to us but which we love. They put in our beautiful privacy fence and built an elevated curved patio with a lower matching curved walkway. They did so much extra work on our hardscape, grading and fixing it for drainage and landscaping, and in the end their estimate was exactly the cost of our project. We are so in love with the quality and value they put into our project, we are over the moon happy with the whole project. We have gained so much usable, beautiful space and all the information and suggestions for planting just shows how thoughtful Forever Green Landscaping and Construction was in making sure that we are happy.

We are already saving for our next project and we won't call anyone except Mike and the crew at Forever Green landscaping and Construction. If you need any landscaping work, get the very best value and quality of craftsmanship by calling Forever Green Landscaping and Construction. The response time was fast, estimate was exactly the cost,the time line was right on target, the value for price was amazing and the quality of work was five star. We love everything about this project, from start to finish and we very highly recommend Mike and his crew at Forever Green Landscaping and Construction. We were in no way compensated for this review, we just want to make sure an honest review for the job done is available for others and that experience people stay available. Thank you so much FGLC and Mike and all the gentleman who worked on this project.

Original review: June 4, 2021

Dan was awesome! We had previously had a backup & I called an emergency service out. They charged me $1400 & were unable to open the line much. They wanted $6K to dig up & replace while line! When I declined they became rude about it and although I knew I would eventually need to do was not about to use them! Bumble Bee was first company I had come out to give me estimate. Dan was very personable & professional. He also gave us an estimate way under the previous company. They came in the very next day & did the job. They did such an outstanding job you can't even tell it was done! We are completely satisfied & would recommend Bumble Bee to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

Deck repair with lattice and trim added. Steps also replaced. Great job by Aldridge Enterprises. They gave us a reasonable price and showed up and did the job we wanted done. Many, many contractors should follow the good example set by Fred and his men. Very honest workman.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

We received very quick referral from HomeAdvisor and made our choice with Mr. Peter Martin, Five Flags Inspection LLC. He was the ultimate best I believe we could have chosen. He was right on time, top notch, precise, meticulous and professional. We felt very comfortable with him in our home. THANK YOU HOMEADVISOR!!!.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Used Home Advisor to find a contractor to replace two front doors. Found a great contractor and job was completed quickly, at a reasonable price, and most importantly - the work was done well. Very happy with the experience. Wasn't our 1st time using Home Advisor and certainly won't be our last. Fantastic tool/service for homeowners to find quality and capable contractors.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

We were very fortunate to have found Star Home Improvement. They repaired the Trim on our screened-in porch and shed. They did an excellent job. They were talented and efficient. Mr. Roland Hook, Co-Owner of business came by several times to check on progress and answer any questions we might have.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

We had a slow leak in one of the coils from our tankless water heater. We went to Home Advisor for a licensed plumber, picked one with a high rating and was contacted by them very quickly. They showed up on time and they did a great job... We are very satisfied with this plumber recommendation as we have been with previous recommendations on services we required.

HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi) Company Information