It's that easy Request Information
4.72/5
Based on 5,968 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeAdvisor is a digital marketplace connecting millions of homeowners with the company’s vast network of service professionals to complete home improvement projects. Homeowners can find and vet local, prescreened home service professionals; view average home project costs using True Cost Guide; and instantly book appointments online and more.

HomeAdvisor Gallery (4)
Top Workplaces 2014
Top 100 Digital COmpanies in Colorado
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

17582 HomeAdvisor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

The company did an excellent job. I would recommend them. They were very professional. They arrived on time and went swiftly to work and were very safety conscious. If anyone needs a tree removed this is the company to hire.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Easy to use and submit my job request to contact professional contractors. I was extremely pleased with the Blown in Insulation company I hired to do my project and will be using Home Advisor again for sure for other projects that I have at my home. A great service and I would recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Water heater replacement - Home Advisor is a valuable resource for home improvements. The site is user-friendly and provides a wealth of information. It makes selecting a contractor easy. The reviews can be trusted because they are verified. The site also lists all relevant information about the contractors, including certifications.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Water in Basement. Home Advisor work well and I will use again in the future. Quality of service providers that I worked with exceeded expectations. People that responded were prompt and courteous and were well versed in their areas of expertise. I will use Home Advisor again when the need arises.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Called 3 companies, read reviews, selected one to repair previous plumbing issue. Company I selected arrived within hours and evaluated issue quickly. Company explained why the issued existed and different solutions and the cost of each solution. Once solution was selected, plumbing company repaired issue in short order - issue is fixed!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Security Camera system replacement. Home Advisor gave us several choices for this project. We narrowed our list based upon their experience and ratings. We contacted the top 3 on the list. Several of them came back to us with some questions before they gave us bids. We were very happy with the results.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Vent cleaning - I put in the service I needed. Got one pro immediately. He called within minutes of my submission. I would have liked a few pros to respond via email with quotes so that I could compare prices, but Sean was fabulous, so I am glad I went with Home Advisor.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Within minutes of posting a request for service providers, I got responses from two companies. One was the owner, and he knew his business and made an early appointment to suit my schedule. I knew from our phone conversation he would do a good job, and I wasn't disappointed. And he charged an extremely reasonable price.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Ruptured lawn irrigation line was punctured by another Unlicensed Trade. I will not be using unlicensed repair trades anytime soon. This Tradesman answered immediately, showed up the next day then repaired the line and installed a new time clock. The works was done professionally and completed timely.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Services gives you reviews to assess which repairman to select. They sometime also include estimated price per job, but often the service says they will give estimates for free. Those that give an hourly rate for services best since I can judge the time required for the project under normal conditions and have a good idea of what the repair service will cost.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Danny was an excellent contractor who was punctual and fixed the main problem (broken handle on sliding patio door) plus another minor problem (door knob fell off on another door) at no extra charge. A bit disappointed he wasn't able to fix the screen door latch because the part he ordered didn't fit. Am going to have to order it myself from Amazon (he gave me the part number), but have doubts whether I'll able to actually install it myself. Was impressed he had the skill to find the exact replacement part for the broken handle and charged a very reasonable amount considering he had to make 2 trips and order parts.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

This is just a suggestion. The AC company was good in all respects except they were located 45 miles away. Due to traffic, it took them a long time to arrive for the installation. A company located closer to my home if available might have been better time wise.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Garage Door Repair - I have used Home Adviser a few times now and I have not been disappointed. It is comforting to know that Home Advisor has done the homework on the contractor to make sure they are qualified, have the required insurance and that reviews are from real customers. Makes the job of selecting a contractor very easy.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Waste Removal Company - I received calls the next day after submitting my request to remove junk. The company that we hired to do the job was thorough and did excellent work for us. I will definitely use HomeAdvisor again when we need work done at our house.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

We used HomeAdvisor for our recent gutter replacement project for our home. We were referred to 3 quality service providers, and we picked the one that fit us the best based on schedule, cost and thoroughness. We are pleased with the results, and we will be using HomeAdvisor in the near future for our next project.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I had spilled paint on the carpet and it needed to be replaced as the color had stained the carpet. I did not have any area knowledge of available quality businesses to contact so I went to HomeAdvisor. I had a list of 4 businesses within a very short period of time. I selected and contacted two. I received quick responses from both. Selected one and my problem was quickly and satisfactorily resolved.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I have used them multiple times! I find it takes the hunt out of finding a pro or contractor for services, the pro's reach out to you quickly and you can easily get multiple bids. I tell everyone about it when asked.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

We found an active yellowjacket nest next to the house and since I almost died the last time I was stung we looked for help. I gave Western Exterminator some info online in HomeAdvisor and they gave me a call within in less than an hour. They had Matt in the area who could come by in about 25 min and assess the situation, and if I wanted, he could take care of it at the same time. Matt and trainee Jasper arrived in 20-25 minutes. Friendly and professional, went over options. We went ahead and Matt suited up and took care of it. That was yesterday afternoon. A few yellowjackets are still on the ground dying but none are flying and they should all be dead in another 24 hrs. I'm satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Spray foam insulation - Home Advisor brought up 3 contractors quickly. The first one I called phoned me in less than 15 minutes, they were interested in my project. The crew was there on time, did very good work, the crew was very pleasant, as I had several questions.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Was in need Interior sanding, priming and painting as well as outside stoop repair with a little carpentry work. Company was fast, efficient, professional and courteous. Arrived on time and completed services on time! I would highly recommend this company. Very fair price as well.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

So far (2 repairs - weatherstripping and electrical) Home Advisor has been very helpful and timely. I will use HA again in the future. The weatherstripping repair was timely. I purchased the materials in advance and that help speed the process and saved money.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Roof Repair - I chose one of the contractors suggested in my area by Home Advisor. The process to obtain quotes was efficient and effective. The contractor was courteous, professional and punctual. The work was completed within a day. I will definitely use Home Advisor for my next project.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

So pleased with my selection. MIRIAM is fantastic!!! Will hire her again periodically to keep me on the right track—couldn’t do this without her??? She is prompt and works non-stop at each task. She has relieved so much stress from my life. Smartest thing I ever did was to hire Miriam to straighten out my messy living areas.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I have used HomeAdvisor 4 times so far and have hired all 4 from the list provided. Excellent recommedations! The only complaint I have is I have submitted three of the companies recommended for the $50 refund and still have not received any money.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

This is the second time within a month that I have gone to Home Advisor with a repair or project. Can't believe the response time, which means everything when you are having a problem and are stressed! I will go to this site with all projects in the future.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Home Advisor was great helping me find the right contractor for exterior painter, glass block installation and tree services. They were all rated with review which helped me feel comfortable. I picked the right contractor for my home. Thank you, Home Advisor.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Water filter for under sink filtration system - This job was for my mom who is a senior citizen. I live out of town and was able to speak to the plumbing company regarding her problem to schedule an appt. It's not a typical job but, I was assured they would help to fix problem. They were very prompt to call me and set up appt quickly. I am very satisfied that I could pick from a recommended group rather than a random number out of the phone book.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Excellent paint job for our office, they completed in only two days, and looked amazing afterwards. Their team were very professional and neat, it was exactly what we wanted. Thank you, CertaPro Painters! We would for sure recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Search for Water Well Repair. I was very surprised at how quickly I got a reply from a pro once I filled out the information on HomeAdvisor. The one thing I would prefer is that there be an option not to discuss the cost of the repair (not just click, I don't know) in the survey provided by HomeAdvisor after the work was done.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

This was my first time to use HomeAdvisor. I was pleased with finding a good handyman but I was not happy with your system. I initially wanted to receive 3 quotes before making a decision. When I asked online for the list of handymen to get the quotes, the site automatically booked me with a provider. Thankfully he was what I was looking for but it would have been nice to choose who my provider was.

HomeAdvisor expert review by Joseph Truini

HomeAdvisor is a free online service that provides reviews and search tools for consumers to find home improvement professionals. The site also serves as an educational portal for home improvement projects.

• Profinder: HomeAdvisor provides an online search tool for finding remodeling professionals based on ZIP code.

• True Cost Guide: The website offers kitchen remodeling guides that outline the costs broken down into categories. Some guides also offer suggestions for how to save money.

• Design Mine: This Pinterest-like tool allows consumers to save, share and organize photos of designs. In addition, consumers can connect with professionals who have experience building in the favorite style of the consumer.

• Financing: HomeAdvisor works with a third party to obtain financing for kitchen remodel projects.

• Reviews: The site hosts more than five million reviews of professionals and has been used by more than 30 million homeowners.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for additional tools and services, such as finding professionals.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

HomeAdvisor Company Information