It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.39/5
Based on 2,315 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeAdvisor is a digital marketplace connecting millions of homeowners with the company’s vast network of service professionals to complete home improvement projects. Homeowners can find and vet local, prescreened home service professionals; view average home project costs using True Cost Guide; and instantly book appointments online and more.

HomeAdvisor Gallery (4)
Top Workplaces 2014
Top 100 Digital COmpanies in Colorado
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

19847 HomeAdvisor Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

I needed help immediately on Sunday, during Labor Day weekend, while everyone was preparing for Hurricane Dorian. I called quite a few companies I found via Google, but none could help (one offered to, but I never heard back from their local office, and that wasted a lot of time). HomeAdvisor found me two professionals, both of whom offered to take care of a wasps' nest behind one of my hurricane shutters. One wasn't sure if/when he could get to my home, but the other took care of the problem for me, and the cost was very reasonable, especially given the timing.

The one issue I had with HomeAdvisor was that however these two professionals were contacted internally...that didn't work. When I emailed both of them (thanks to the email addresses HomeAdvisor provided) and explained my situation, they both replied. Maybe it was their understanding of my circumstances that led them to help, but I had also explained that in my description of the project. In any case...thank you! I needed to protect my home and family from what may be an extremely dangerous storm here (we don't know yet), and you helped me do that.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2019

Was given the name immediately of two roofers who both contacted me within a few minutes. Both were able to come out next morning. The first company came out early morning, was very knowledgeable and thorough. Went above and beyond to provide me with pictures of attic and roof damages and explained what needed to be repaired. Explained two separate options for repair and provided me with estimate the next morning. All repairs and costs were included on their estimate.

The second roofer came out he immediately came in and told me I needed a complete new roof. I showed him the ceiling damage and did not even attempt to look in the attic or get on my roof. He kept telling me that it would cost me more to do repairs because I would have to keep repairing different areas of my roof. Half of my roof was replaced 7 years ago. It needed one minor repair of a couple shingles the second roofer insisted the entire roof needed to be replaced. He was more interested in debating what breed my dog was than looking at my roof. He measured the length and width of my house and told me he could do and entire roof for $9.000.00. I asked if that would be for everything and he told me he was willing to eat 3 sheets of ply wood but you know when you pull are roof off you never know what you would find.

He said he gave a 15 year warranty but we wouldn't need it because they do such good work. It covers problems with the installation not things that would wear out. He left my house and I was so aggravated with his attitude. An hour later he called and gave me an estimate to repair damage only for $2,800. How without getting on my roof could he even estimate what needed to be repaired. Needless to say I hired the first roofer, Crescent City Roofing. They did a great job for a great price. Very professional and explained everything along the way.

Original review: April 30, 2019

The plumber was polite, punctual and very professional. Our toilet was clogged. The issue was resolved quickly and the price was very reasonable. On the second call, He worked very carefully doing delicate work to repair some old kitchen pipes under my sink. He explained that because of the age of the pipes they could crumble and need major repair underneath my house. He knew I was on a fixed income. He hoped to avoid that expense for me. He even had the parts he needed with him. He also shared as he worked that he had experience repairing pipes like mine before. They are copper dating back to the 1950's.

This is the first time I remember a plumber being concerned about doing more than necessary. And as he worked with obvious skill, I realized that I was really glad that he was not a new plumber just starting out. On another call last Winter, I awoke to frozen pipes. I was filled with dread, imagining the worst case scenario. I called him. He suggested I do a few things and call him back if it didn't do the trick. Oh my gosh, it worked! I called him back overwhelmed with gratitude. One evening I watched the evening news report a story that undermined the credibility Of HomeAdvisor with a few unhappy customers. The odds of a few bad experiences out of thousands of good ones is to be expected. As I watched I realized that I had called my plumber three times within a year and a half being extremely happy with each repair, and I hadn't written even one review.

I am more than grateful to have the help of HomeAdvisor and their service has always been free. On my budget I couldn't have paid for that too. They do everything they advertise making sure the repairmen are skilled and credible. This does take time. I know this because I used to own a busy hair salon. I always met with three plumbers to get estimates whenever we needed work. I had to do my own research on each one. Only the BBB was available to get background information. And being a female business owner was the same as going to a mechanic as a single mom. I got taken advantage of unless I asked a male friend to go with me.

I shared this last part because I wanted to illustrate how priceless an honest skilled craftsman is. I changed it from repairman to craftsman after I watched my plumber carefully create new pipe to connect to old copper pipe that had crumbled. I may feel stress over something in my home needing unexpected repair. But I don't feel stress wondering if someone is skilled or honest, and not trying to pad the bill with repairs that aren't necessary. I will always call HomeAdvisor for any type of home repair.

Original review: April 15, 2019

This review has nothing to do with contractors, etc., but about the Homeadvisor.com site itself. I have used this site a few times. After you enter all your information, it brings up suggested companies, etc. Then I have chosen one or two to get a quote from. All good so far. The problem is if I didn't write down the names of the companies it brought up and which ones I wanted a quote from, I have several companies calling, texting, emailing, and I'm at this point not even sure which one I was really interested in, in the first place! I always try to go back in, put in same info, but it always comes up with new companies that I had not seen before. Now I'm not sure who it is. I read all the reviews on and decided to get a quote from - when so many others call! Is there any way to go back in and find out who you originally liked?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I was out of town and discovered that I had water on my floor in the basement. So, I did not know who to call, and I remembered Home Advisor as a resource. So, I called and got the ball to rolling with quotes, and subsequently had someone to come out and repair the problem. It was an emergency and during the New Year's holiday weekend and everyone was off and closed. So, I contracted the plumbing company and they came and fixed the problem and got the water off the floor. Now, I will work with a mitigator to dry out my basement from the water in the walls. I will use Home Advisor for that problem as well. Hopefully, after the mitigator comes and dry out my basement, I should be back to normal in my basement. I am glad I rememebred to call Home Advisor to recitfy my home problem. I will continue to use Home Advisor for all my home needs and problems. They came through this time and I am most appreciative of their work and service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

You gave me a number of company names that completed the type of work I required, and I completed the research on these companies and chose the one I contacted. Great service! I will use your service again when in need of this type of project information!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Painting - The process was quick and easy. It was amazing how Home Advisor directed me to the right business to choose. I have had used Home Advisor on a few occasions and always had a good experience. I would definitely use them again.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Stump Removal. Got me in touch with someone immediately who could take care of my project. I called several companies prior to using HomeAdvisor and they could not commit without coming out to make an estimate. HomeAdvisor saved me several days of red tape processing.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Water filtration. Third time using this service, found good people every time. Very pleased with response time from the contractors. You do have to review all responders, and find the one that suits your needs best. All in all a good way to find the help you need.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I was very pleased with my experience with SpringRock Gutters. They are all so nice and accommodating. I was unable to be there when they did the estimate so Zeke came back out to go over any questions and to show me the product. He sent me a sample so I could get paint to match. After the installation, I was concerned with the length of an extension on a downspout and was told they would have someone come out and address it. Very nice group!!

HomeAdvisor expert review by Joseph Truini

HomeAdvisor is a free online service that provides reviews and search tools for consumers to find home improvement professionals. The site also serves as an educational portal for home improvement projects.

• Profinder: HomeAdvisor provides an online search tool for finding remodeling professionals based on ZIP code.

• True Cost Guide: The website offers kitchen remodeling guides that outline the costs broken down into categories. Some guides also offer suggestions for how to save money.

• Design Mine: This Pinterest-like tool allows consumers to save, share and organize photos of designs. In addition, consumers can connect with professionals who have experience building in the favorite style of the consumer.

• Financing: HomeAdvisor works with a third party to obtain financing for kitchen remodel projects.

• Reviews: The site hosts more than five million reviews of professionals and has been used by more than 30 million homeowners.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for additional tools and services, such as finding professionals.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

HomeAdvisor Company Information