4.81/5
Based on 6,347 ratings submitted in the last year
Show rating distribution

HomeAdvisor

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeAdvisor is a digital marketplace connecting millions of homeowners with the company’s vast network of service professionals to complete home improvement projects. Homeowners can find and vet local, prescreened home service professionals; view average home project costs using True Cost Guide; and instantly book appointments online and more.

HomeAdvisor Gallery (4)
Top Workplaces 2014
Top 100 Digital COmpanies in Colorado

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 20, 2017

12110 HomeAdvisor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

The service worked well. 2 of the 3 providers contacted me immediately by phone. The service provider was professional and did a good job. The service model you have created works really well, and I will use it again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I needed some help with last minute cleaning prior to family coming into town. I went on Home Advisor and they found me the help I needed at a cost I found to be responsible for the following day. I now have regular service with the company they suggested.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I've used Home Advisor for several project thus far: New Hot Water Heater, New Hot Water Boiler, Stump Grinding, New Roof for my Mom's house, Landscaping for my front yard, a new driveway for my house and Fuel Tank Excavation. One professional disappointed me but the others were great at doing their jobs. Love doing my research on Home Advisor.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I found Home Advisor online and within minutes I had already been contacted by 2 separate companies to make an appointment. The service I chose was extremely courteous, professional and proactive. They got the job done in less than 2 hours. I will use Home Advisor again.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Service person responded to my initial call promptly and arrived at the scheduled time. I would recommend HomeAdvisor and Lynoka Garage Door Service. Repairs were done neatly and professionally. Initial problem was easily fixed. He recommended some preventive work which I had him do also. Absolutely no high pressure. I will use them again when needed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

This is the second time I have used HomeAdvisor for projects I have needed to have done (House repairs and painting). I would recommend using this company to find the professionals you need for your projects. The companies they have recommended were quick to respond and easy to work with.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I have used two professionals so far from this site, and will have a third job done by the end of the month. The companies recommended are great. This is really a helpful service. I will continue to use the site to find companies for my home projects.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Had backyard re-sodded. Company contacted me right away, gave an estimate. Everyone was helpful and professional. The job was completed as promised, the crew did an excellent job cleaning up after the job was completed. Pleasure to use HomeAdvisor second time.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

After forty or more years of accumulated junk and unused items, it was time to get rid of them. We needed to have a reliable service to help dispose of those things. HomeAdvisor provided that service at no cost. I was very happy with the outcome.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I was called by Contractors within 30 minutes. Ashley form HomeAdvisor also followed up with me. I am very impressed, and appreciate the help from Home Advisor. The contractors that came out were Reasonable and are Contractors that I will use now and in the future. Estimates were free.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Electrical/lighting repairs needed. HomeAdvisor had 4 or 5 reputable service providers available. Chose one and was very satisfied. I'd use HomeAdvisor again. Their service helped me avoid making a series of phone calls to try to identify a tradesman willing and able to take on a relatively small repair job.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Green Star was professional, efficient and thorough and completed the project in a timely manner. They address all our concerns and I would not hesitate to use them again. The sales team was informative but not overwhelming. We did not feel "pressured" to make a decision.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I submitted a request for a house washing project to be conducted. I received estimates a met with service providers. This site I think is very useful for project planned and contemplated. The best thing I like about this site is how they go about protecting your personal information... well at least for now. You know how technology works!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Very good service for the price. Our service man was polite and explained to us what he was doing and also brought to our attention any repairs needed. We needed some minor repairs on the gutters and he was able to complete them at the same time. They are on our A-1 List of services.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I was glad I found Integrity Garage Door repair. I would not have found them except through HomeAdvisor. So far, so good on the HomeAdvisor service. I like the fact that businesses are rated and available. I really don't know what to say at this point, but my first experience with Home Advisor was fine.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

My only issue with HomeAdvisor is this site contacts the contractor directly. I would prefer to get the contractor info and then contact them myself if I choose. I have used HomeAdvisor but in the process had several contractors contact me directly.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Had no problems with installation and process from beginning to end was simple and got what I purchased. Would do business again with this company. The workers were professionals. They came, install and answer all question I had for them and clean up after they finish their work.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Only one of the vendors (Tree Removal) actually came and gave estimate. Since it was ok, I went with it. One other that promised an estimate never showed. Only two vendors were contacted through HomeAdvisor. I have used HomeAdvisor three times, and each has been satisfactory. It's a good service.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

So far HomeAdvisor has supplied what was advertised and I will use them again in the future. Because of my local area has less contractors than a major metro area, we do not have the numerous choices of what contractors are in the area.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

The tradespeople that have come to my house for various projects have represented HomeAdvisor very well. They have all been professional and honorable in their dealings with me. I would recommend the HomeAdvisor screening to anyone, especially to seniors like myself. Seniors too often are taken advantage of when it comes to home repair and the qualifying process for tradesmen/contractors is a valued service to any customer.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Quote for window wells - Had a great experience, quick to get info and each company recommend was very qualified. I would recommend a friend to use HomeAdvisor. It is hard to just trust any company nowadays. With HomeAdvisor you know you are getting a trustworthy company.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Sunscreen fell into toilet and was flushed, anxious for a lead on obtaining work, got leads for work from HomeAdvisor. Quick, easy, and dependable. Called Minuteman Drain, Dave answered and came out in one hour. Got sunscreen out of toilet. Problem solved.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Wi-Fi quit working. I tried to repair through Windows 10 with no success. After substantial research Cameron was able to diagnose problem and fix it. It was a very positive experience. I would definitely use again. Thought price was very reasonable also.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Had trees on my property removed and the lawn cleaned up. My expectations were met and I will definitely recommend the contractor and HomeAdvisor to friends. I really liked the way HomeAdvisor connected me to the contractor - I did not have to start looking for who to contact to do the job for me but HomeAdvisor helped me by connecting and linking me with the contractor that removed the trees on my property.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Mr. ** was professional and did a great job. He completed the work in just about 2 hours. The only down was a cancelled appointment after I had already left work early to allow for the work. it was, however, promptly rescheduled and completed.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Great advice on service providers. All the selections came across as pros. We were very satisfied with whom we chose to do our work and the work that was done. Much appreciated. I would highly suggest using HomeAdvisor on your next home project needs.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

HomeAdvisor is my go-to source for repair and contractor services. I like the comparisons and ratings. I also like the ability to get contractor information so I can pursue things at my own pace. I recommend Home Advisor as a source for all of your contractor needs.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

We are new to the area and don't know reputable contractors. HomeAdvisor helped us find a professional roofing contractor. The contractor did a professional job (roof repair) at a reasonable price. We will use HomeAdvisor again should we need more home repairs.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

The guys from Hot Lead are amazing. They were courteous on time and very professional. The replaced two fixtures outside and rewired and hung a new chandelier in the dining room. They were very neat and cleaned up after. Brandon even adjusted the price because he had to take a brief phone call with another client while at my house... Amazing.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I was contacted by a person not with the company I had filled out the form to contact. I picked that company because of the rating. I was concerned that a stranger was able to get my contact info and job detail I meant for the chosen company only.

HomeAdvisor Company Information