It's that easy Request Information
4.78/5
Based on 7,061 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeAdvisor is a digital marketplace connecting millions of homeowners with the company’s vast network of service professionals to complete home improvement projects. Homeowners can find and vet local, prescreened home service professionals; view average home project costs using True Cost Guide; and instantly book appointments online and more.

HomeAdvisor Gallery (4)
Top Workplaces 2014
Top 100 Digital COmpanies in Colorado
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

16801 HomeAdvisor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

Ken is a perfectionist. It is great to work with someone that cares and has pride in his work. Well worth my time and money. I will refer him to my friends and family. I am glad I found him on HomeAdvisor. I will use it again.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2018

HomeAdvisor has consistently recommended high quality firms with competitive pricing. In addition to the quality of the firms they have all been very timely in providing quotes and have adhered to the promised schedule(s). Based on my experience with HomeAdvisor I would look to them first in trying to identify a contractor.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Very impressed with the whole process. Highly recommend! Saves you time by doing the “research” for you. Very happy with the company that was recommended. The response time was outstanding and they were on time (next day service for us), courteous and professional. The extra “back up” that HomeAdvisor brings to your decision is icing on the cake.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I definitely feel comfortable using The HomeAdvisor website for all future needs. Very pleased with their recommendation for locating and hiring a tree trimming company. I have had extremely poor outcomes hiring other companies for home repairs in the past. So pleased to know I can depend on The HomeAdvisor.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have used HomeAdvisor for 3 projects now since we moved up to this area. It has been a life saver. It is really helpful to go on HomeAdvisor to get referrals for service pros and positive reviews from other homeowners.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: June 15, 2018

HomeAdvisor quickly and easily helped me find a great plumber who could fulfill my need to have my water heater replaced as soon as possible. I am very happy with my first HomeAdvisor experience and would recommend the service to others.

Original review: June 15, 2018

First time I have used HomeAdvisor and it was super easy! I plan to use them again for a few other minor projects I have around the house. This time I used them to find a new sprinkler guy and I found one! Local, nice and trustworthy!

Original review: June 15, 2018

Our Ac quit working and we needed someone reputable in a hurry, I filled out a quick form late in the evening and we contacted first thing in the morning by a wonderful company. The Ac is fixed and we are happily cool again.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Did use one of the agencies given. The other agency provided was awful, made appointment and never showed up or call to cancel. Call them back and they never return the call. Using HomeAdvisor was a good experience. I will use it again.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Entered request for junk removal from house and property. Quickly received two contacts from local companies to haul my junk. I was able to choose who and when they came. Price paid was price quoted. Everything went perfectly. Review process was quick and easy after job was complete.

Original review: June 15, 2018

HomeAdvisor gave me a scheduled day and time without checking first with the vendor and then cancelled it. I was in desperate need of the vendor's services and was able to work directly with the vendor and was successful in working out a solution.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Very fast, I only heard from one source, the first and only electrician to call/contact me. However, the contact who called me was knowledgeable, provided guidance that did not cost and more money. It would have been nice to have more than 1 bid. I went with the electrician who HomeAdvisor connected me with and I'm very satisfied with the work completed.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Very quick and responsive. I was contacted by a professional that was capable and resolved the issue. I live in a remote, rural area and it helps to have this type of service. I have used HomeAdvisor in the past for something entirely different and was equally pleased.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Had a broken glass in my double window in my living room. Shopped around for prices until I found "Home Advisor". They gave me multiple options and it was easier to find what I needed easy and quick. Great prices and great experience overall.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We had two windows that were original to the house when it was built in 1981. Both needed to be replaced. The new windows were installed and look wonderful. The installation itself was incredibly clean. Everything was cleaned up when they were done and the windows were spotless. They made the front of the house look wonderful.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Never had this done before. Was highly satisfied with who I hired. Second choice never showed for a quote, said they'd call back and didn't. I didn't know it was HomeAdvisor when I called this Tree Trimmer, found out later.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I was very impressed with the quality of work, the cost, communication and the entire process. Will definitely use the service again in the future. Using the Internet is a challenge at times to locate people that you can trust, but your site makes it very easy. It is great to have the ability to locate highly-skilled people in one location.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Yesterday I needed plumbing and electrical repairs. I immediately received two very good referrals and was able to schedule plumbing repairs for today and electrical for tomorrow. Always excellent service from companies recommended by HomeAdvisor. The site offers a lot of information about the affiliated companies. I can find very good local professionals fast and am always confident that I will get the repairs done immediate and properly, with warranty.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I was nervous about filling out my info and being harassed by phone calls and emails. Instead I received a phone call and a follow email, the calls I received within 15 mins were from companies I recognized. All I had to do was make appointments. I have 3 other projects I will be using Home Advisor for.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Bug and rodent treatment. Service was friendly, on time, and thorough. They (Ouachita Termite and Pest Control) offered me what I wanted, single treatments rather than monthly contract. I rate them 5 star and will call them again if the need arises. I am glad I used HomeAdvisor.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We’re very helpful when I called... They call Plumbing Co up and had them call me. Also gave me their phone # so I could talk with them on my own. I would recommend this Co. to all my friends for any honest repairs. Anthony Plumbing was a great Co. also.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We have looked for references from HomeAdvisor twice in the past 5 weeks, and have been very pleased with the response and quality of work. The trades have called quickly and the follow-up has been excellent both on the part of HomeAdvisors, and the trades.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Required plumbing repairs under the kitchen sink with the issue being bad drainage and leaking under the sink. And was put in touch with a company that undertook the project the very next day and was very satisfied with the communication and quality of repair. Technician was on time and performed the project with good communication. Would utilize the service again in the future on any project or repairs. Highly recommended.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I was contacted within 30 minutes of my requesting additional information online on a Sunday. I was so impressed by that action alone. My appointment was made for the very next day for a consultation of what work needed to be done and what the cost would be. The actual work was completed by Curt who was very professional, knowledgeable and so helpful. I have shared the companies information with all my family. They were so awesome. Thank you!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I received 3 paving & masonry contractor recommendations from HomeAdvisor, and chose to go with Ground Force because of their availability to schedule my project. What a great decision that was, because they are truly top-notch. Thank you, Home Advisor!

Original review: June 13, 2018

It's a great service. I have found many professional pros to help with many different home renovation projects. The professionals I have hired through this service have been licensed and bonded and provided proof of insurance. Highly recommend HomeAdvisor.

Original review: June 13, 2018

HomeAdvisor set me up with a repair company very quickly. The company called me within 15 minutes of my online request. The company was professional and quick, with an estimate over the phone. Actual expense was a bit higher.

Original review: June 13, 2018

This was my first time using HomeAdvisor and I recommend this site for everyone. I will most definitely use for all problems that need repair or replacement services around my home. I have just gone online before and feel it was worth it to use such a trusted site. Thank you HomeAdvisor.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I had a few projects that have been adding up for years and when Leonard called me after my initial request to HomeAdvisor, it was the best thing that happened. He came the next day and did all the work for a reasonable price. Wonderful customer service and attention to detail. I would definitely recommend him.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Pure Defense Pest Solutions is a Polite and Professional pest control service. They Came out as scheduled and sprayed the outside and inside of my residence. Pure Defense uses a contract so you must cancel within 30 days if you don't want the contract to renew. They also guarantee their work and will come back out if needed. I haven't had to do that. All I know is I don't see anymore wasp.

HomeAdvisor expert review by Joseph Truini

HomeAdvisor is a free online service that provides reviews and search tools for consumers to find home improvement professionals. The site also serves as an educational portal for home improvement projects.

• Profinder: HomeAdvisor provides an online search tool for finding remodeling professionals based on ZIP code.

• True Cost Guide: The website offers kitchen remodeling guides that outline the costs broken down into categories. Some guides also offer suggestions for how to save money.

• Design Mine: This Pinterest-like tool allows consumers to save, share and organize photos of designs. In addition, consumers can connect with professionals who have experience building in the favorite style of the consumer.

• Financing: HomeAdvisor works with a third party to obtain financing for kitchen remodel projects.

• Reviews: The site hosts more than five million reviews of professionals and has been used by more than 30 million homeowners.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for additional tools and services, such as finding professionals.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

HomeAdvisor Company Information