Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I love HomeAdvisor because they get rid of the hassle of calling different contractors and finding which one is available. They give you the option of getting professionals to quote you online which is convenient as well as scheduling the work/estimate online.

Spring Cleaning of total interior of house - Honest. Reasonable rates. Excellent work.

I have hired several pros that I found on HomeAdvisor. They have all done superior work.

Stone cleaning, garage door replacement - Everyone I hired through HomeAdvisor were fantastic and an incredible value. Highly recommend hiring through this site!! All crews were meticulous, honest, and extremely informative. I won't hesitate to go through HomeAdvisor for my next project!! I saved time going through the regular channels and their choices beat anything I could get from friends.

A nephew frequently used HomeAdvisor so I decided to give it a try regarding power washing services. I found them easy to use. They offered multiple options in and around our zip code. Good follow up. I would recommend them to friends, neighbors and other family members.

HomeAdvisor helped me to make a decision about getting professional house cleaning for a project at a home in the United States, as I live in Canada. I was able to see several reviews by real customers, which I found informative and helpful in making my decision. When I got there, the experience I had was exactly like what I read about from several of the former clients! It was fast and easy to do. Thank you HomeAdvisor!

Was hesitant to use HomeAdvisor because I prefer recommendations from friends but this worked out nicely. I put in a brief description of the job I needed done and within 2 hours, I had someone out here giving me an estimate. Very pleased.

Would highly recommend this company for mud jacking type work. They use a polyurethane concrete which lifts existing concrete by filling the gaps. Our hot tub pad had fallen approx 6 inches and this process brought the slab back to original level condition. It was was fast and relatively easy process which we will never have to do again. Best buy for our money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

I was very pleased with the way your website worked. I will recommend it to others. At the outset. I had no idea who to get to paint my house. I found Potter Construction through your website. Mr. ** and Jeff did an outstanding job for us, and I would recommend them and HomeAdvisor to anyone.

Parking and Stairway Project. Selected BR Design Build from HomeAdvisor and couldn't be more happy. BR Design Build does high quality stone and brick work at a competitive price. I highly recommend HomeAdvisor if you're looking for local contractors. First time I used it and will be using it any time I have a significant home improvement project.

Before selling my home, I had a lot of work to complete. Some contractors I hired did not perform or even show up on time. I used HomeAdvisor to fill the holes left by others and each service provided was on schedule and flawless. I couldn't have been more pleased.

Customer Services was a little confusing. There wasn't good communication between us. They said they had cancelled the appointment when it wasn't. Fortunately, I didn't hire someone else because the original appointment was met. They were friendly but didn't make themselves very clear as far as I could understand.

Lady on the phone was super hard to hear. I didn't know I was calling a 3rd party answering service to begin with, but when I figured out what was going on, I let her know I couldn't hear her and she said yeah it was her headset... Fix it?

Replaced cedar siding on my house. Rebuilt doors for my storage barn. They painted everything before installing which was a nice touch. They were both very nice to deal with and did what was promised. I would happily hire them for future projects.

Saves a ton of time aggregating providers. I had never used a service like this in the past, but now I am hooked. I will likely use this site for all my needs. I am very impressed and absolutely happy with this service.

I was looking for someone to remove a few trees. I had not used HomeAdvisor before. They quickly put me in contact with a reliable tree removal service who responded quickly to my request and provided just what I needed. The experience was very satisfactory overall.

I have been using HomeAdvisor for years and I have honestly had all wonderful people that did the jobs I needed done at the time. I have recently moved and have used them twice already and, once again, had great professionals doing the job I hired them for. I definitely recommend HomeAdvisor.

Completed two jobs in the attic in less than two hours. HomeAdvisor recommends ONLY the best professionals. The surveys are necessary to allow the homeowner to share the experience with a fair assessment. The follow-up helped me to feel confident as an integral part of the project.

Julio did a great job pressure washing and painting our house. He was pleasant to work with and he was here and finished when he said he would. The attention to detail (like cleaning gutters and downspouts and filling the gaps and securing the loose HardiePlank) was impressive. We recommend Julio for exterior painting and pressure washing.

Mr. ** was very reasonable. Professional and did an excellent job. He arrived and went right to work, neat, didn't make a mess. I can't say enough about how pleased we are with his work. We will call Mr. ** again. We have and will continue to call on him for his expert help.

I have appreciated the HomeAdvisor website as we have been doing a lot of work on our home recently and live in a new area where we don't know companies. However, HomeAdvisor advertises that they will give you a $50 reward for every three projects you hire and give a review. I have hired and reviewed 6 "eligible" contractors and they still say I have to complete "one more project." I have called on this issue 3 times now and I get the runaround every time and they say they will get on it. I'm starting to think it's all a scam to get us to give reviews but they aren't willing to keep their word.

Plumbing Today tech Matt was terrific. He came on time and after evaluating what needed to be done, he was very efficient to resolve my issue. Very knowledgeable and friendly. I will recommend Plumbing Today to my friends and neighbors. Yes, it was a very good experience.

Cut grass front and back, leaf clean up around fencing, bushes, front and back, rolled grass front and back. I would recommend this company to others. Very good job. This is the first time I used this service and was very satisfied.

Gutter Guys came promptly and completely repairs. Had also used HomeAdvisor when looking for bathroom remodel. 3 people came promptly to look at the project, but never returned estimate for the job in spite of phone calls asking for such. So, 50/50.

The kitchen sink was clogged and they used the snake to clear the drain. The contractor gave some advice on how to prevent the problem in the future. The contractor also made some suggestions on how to upgrade the kitchen sink.

Tile Reglazing - All-New Tub & Tile Refinishing & Repair, LLC did a fantastic job making my late 80's bathroom look brand new! My wife and I are extremely pleased with the decision and by the outcome of the project. And most of all it was a cost effective update to our bathroom.

Finding a Carpet Professional - Worked out very well, the pro contacted me and was able to quote based off of my picture of the problem. There was a spot along a seam that was coming up off of the backing material in our basement living room. The repair took about as long as estimated. I would use this service again.

Door would not close for me and had to get a replacement opener. 1st Choice door was on time to replace it. They were quick but accurate; knowledgeable about openers. The price was very fair. I would recommend them. They also suggested different maintenance on the door to keep it running.

Resolution In Progress

HomeAdvisor

Hi John, We're sorry to hear about your experience, we wish it could have been a more positive one. We do our best to alert you by sending an email notification with the renewal date prior to the membership renewing. That said, with the information provided by your review, if looks like you were able to work with a rep and we can confirm that your account has been cancelled. If you would like to speak with a rep further, please reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will follow up. -HASupport

Original review: April 21, 2017

This company solicited my Home Inspection company to advertise with their company. Promises were made to place my company on their website and to solicit business for me on my behalf. However, the leads sent to me by their company never resulted in any closed business. In fact, after a few months of junk leads, I asked for my company's subscription to be canceled at the end of the calendar year since I had paid for the advertising on their website for a year.

At the end of the year subscription, HomeAdvisor fraudulently attempted to charge my credit card for another year's subscription. Then, they had the audacity to send me threatening emails about how my account was past due and would be sent to a collection agency. I have called this company numerous times trying to cancel and resolve this issue. As of this writing, they have not sent a cancellation confirmation email. I would advise anyone considering doing business with this company against it. This company cannot be trusted! They have violated my trust numerous times with false and empty promises.

Needed the jack wire replaced on a shredded wire. Andy was prompt and the job was done quickly and efficiently. Andy was a pleasure and I would definitely use him again and recommend him to anyone. I felt that he was competent and knowledgeable. Please feel free to use my recommendation.

Great Service... Quickly turned over to contractor that was out within 48 hours to adjust glass shower door. Great follow up. Will use the service in the future for needed contractors. This is the fastest and most complete response I have ever received.

We used HomeAdvisor to find a siding & windows company as well as a company for lawn sod & soil. We were very pleased with both companies recommended through the HA site. We would recommend HomeAdvisor to others doing home improvement projects.

Wonderful service. As I was inputting my needs my phone was already ringing with contractor calls. So far I have hired 2 contractors and will definitely being using this service for more work that I need done. Have already recommended HomeAdvisor to several of my friends.

HomeAdvisor Company Profile