4.5/5 (899 ratings)
HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi)

About HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi)

HomeAdvisor is an online resource that helps residents find reliable home repair or improvement services in their area. HomeAdvisor has service providers in multiple categories on its site, from maid services to HVAC repair, and screens each one to make sure you end up working with a trustworthy provider. It also backs its platform with a Happiness Guarantee.

Pros

• Convenient app
    • Free to use
    • Instant online scheduling
    • Happiness Guarantee

Cons

• Doesn’t show all companies in area
    • Limited options in some locations

Bottom Line

HomeAdvisor connects residents who are looking to start a project or repair to pros and contractors in their area. The website works with more than 100,000 professionals who are prescreened for legitimacy and safety.

Top HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi) Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Verified

I’ve received… three services through HomeAdvisor Pros and am very satisfied... They are very diligent and recommend the best Pros. ... They were all very responsible, courteous a...

Verified

As a new homeowner, I didn't know where to go to compare prices and reviews and get honest information, but so far, HomeAdvisor has been the best resource! I've hired 4 different ...

What is HomeAdvisor?

HomeAdvisor is a free online resource for homeowners. The company helps match you with a professional in your area that offers the services you need. The site provides estimated costs for services to help you understand what to expect when requesting quotes. HomeAdvisor has an online booking tool that lets you schedule a fixed-price service without picking up the phone.

Services available on HomeAdvisor include maid services, plumbing repairs, lawn care, electrical services, general contracting and hundreds of others. In general, you can book any home-related work through HomeAdvisor.

The company backs its service with a Happiness Guarantee, promising to make it right if something goes wrong.

How does HomeAdvisor work?

Using HomeAdvisor's site, you can search for local contractors for multiple types of home repairs or home services. HomeAdvisor prescreens each company and its owner to ensure proper licensing and customer satisfaction.

HomeAdvisor matches you with a contractor by guiding you through a series of questions and providing you with quotes from qualified local contractors. You can also book a fixed-price service immediately online. Alternatively, you can use the search bar to search for a local page for your area and see a list of companies. HomeAdvisor provides a snapshot of each company with relevant information such as services, reviews and phone numbers.

As you compare options, you can directly reach out to HomeAdvisor by phone or live chat.

If you’re not yet ready to contact a local professional, read through some of HomeAdvisor’s articles about the topic you’re searching. The company’s “Resource Center” section of its website contains a library of information about home services and projects.

HomeAdvisor cost

HomeAdvisor is completely free to use for homeowners searching for information about contractors and professionals in their area. There is no obligation to book a service if you choose to receive quotes.

For contractors who want to promote their business using the platform, HomeAdvisor charges a membership fee of around $300 per year, plus additional fees per lead (anywhere between $15 to $60). The exact cost depends on the business’s location and industry. This price per lead is charged even if the lead doesn’t turn into a customer.

HomeAdvisor FAQ

How much does it cost to be on HomeAdvisor?
    Companies pay to be featured on HomeAdvisor. They pay a membership fee and a price per lead that varies depending on industry and location. Homeowners who are searching for a professional do not need to pay.
    Is HomeAdvisor trustworthy?
    For the most part, bad reviews are typically specific to contractors, not homeowners. HomeAdvisor prescreens each business on its site and shows ratings and reviews from previous customers. The company has handled over 100 million service requests, according to its website.
    Is HomeAdvisor worth using?
    Yes. Because it’s a free site, HomeAdvisor is a great way to start your search when looking for contractors. Of course, always ask friends and family for recommendations and advice as well.
    Is HomeAdvisor free?
    HomeAdvisor is free for homeowners to use. It does charge contractors who want to be featured on the site.

Is HomeAdvisor legit?

Using HomeAdvisor is a good way for homeowners to find vetted contractors in their area. However, because contractors pay to be featured on the website, it doesn't offer a full picture of all the options available locally. If you’re searching for a local home repair or improvement provider and want to read reviews from other customers, we recommend using HomeAdvisor.

HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi) Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi)?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I filled out a request for service on a project recently. I can't find the order number. I've logged into my account and cannot see an order number anywhere. Regarding privacy, it makes me feel unsafe to enter my project information, including my name, email, address and phone number, and then have the Home Advisor App take that information and send it to Pros. I would feel more secure if I could get the names of the Pros first and vet them myself before having them contact me. This last pro that I worked with explained to me that the pros don't get the customer's phone number and other personal information. I was happy to learn that, but I wish that the HomeAdvisor website would clarify that. I think a lot of customers share my privacy concerns.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2021

If you have a project you must call Forever Green Landscaping and Construction. We wanted a privacy fence and got several estimates. Forever Green Landscaping and Construction gave the best estimate. Mike and his crew have so much experience and suggested things that did not occur to us but which we love. They put in our beautiful privacy fence and built an elevated curved patio with a lower matching curved walkway. They did so much extra work on our hardscape, grading and fixing it for drainage and landscaping, and in the end their estimate was exactly the cost of our project. We are so in love with the quality and value they put into our project, we are over the moon happy with the whole project. We have gained so much usable, beautiful space and all the information and suggestions for planting just shows how thoughtful Forever Green Landscaping and Construction was in making sure that we are happy.

We are already saving for our next project and we won't call anyone except Mike and the crew at Forever Green landscaping and Construction. If you need any landscaping work, get the very best value and quality of craftsmanship by calling Forever Green Landscaping and Construction. The response time was fast, estimate was exactly the cost,the time line was right on target, the value for price was amazing and the quality of work was five star. We love everything about this project, from start to finish and we very highly recommend Mike and his crew at Forever Green Landscaping and Construction. We were in no way compensated for this review, we just want to make sure an honest review for the job done is available for others and that experience people stay available. Thank you so much FGLC and Mike and all the gentleman who worked on this project.

Original review: June 4, 2021

Dan was awesome! We had previously had a backup & I called an emergency service out. They charged me $1400 & were unable to open the line much. They wanted $6K to dig up & replace while line! When I declined they became rude about it and although I knew I would eventually need to do was not about to use them! Bumble Bee was first company I had come out to give me estimate. Dan was very personable & professional. He also gave us an estimate way under the previous company. They came in the very next day & did the job. They did such an outstanding job you can't even tell it was done! We are completely satisfied & would recommend Bumble Bee to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I appreciate the service with HomeAdvisor.com when it comes to availability of quality pros, mostly. I've had two experiences with them that I wasn't happy with... gutter cleaner and exterminator. On one hand HA took care of the exterminator... But, on the other hand I find I can't go back and find information on people I've listed at times. If I list someone, and they don't work out, it becomes difficult to find that same group again. It's frustrating if you liked two, had one come out and the work not satisfactory but can't go back and find the second one. They've been substituted and no way to find them or why they're not listed any longer on your request. Other than that I've had some good responses and excellent work... On the other hand I've been disappointed by the responding pro. I guess that happens everywhere. Caveat Emptor.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I had a AC company that was doing a maintenance check on my unit. The serviceman informed me that my unit was leaking Freon and the coils needed replacing. He informed me that the unit was 7 years old and NOT under warranty. He suggested a new unit for $5,600. I first said okay and they said they could do it that afternoon. It got to be late Friday and I had company coming so called and ask that it be postponed to Monday. Then I decide to get a second opinion. I google AC repair in area and got HomeAdvisor.

Several companies responded but couldn’t come until Monday. Then, Essential Heating and Air responded and said they were in the area and could come in about an hour. They were a God sent. He checked the entire unit, found that it was only 4 years old and still under complete warranty. He found no leaks, in fact unit was in excellent shape. He added Freon and will check it again in 3 months. He saved me a lot of money. I appreciate his prompt response and honesty. Needless to say I’ve canceled the original company. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Our driveway was sinking and they restored it to better than new. They arrived on time for both the "Bid" and the work. Friendly, engaging and professional. I'd gladly recommend them to neighbors and friends in need of similar work.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

Leon garage door was very helpful and a nice gentleman. I would recommend him to anyone needing help with a garage door. He was prompt in arriving, he had all of the parts with him. Also, he was very neat and tidy.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

So I don’t have the card on me to spell out the company name I used through HomeAdvisor. All I remember is Bel, but anyhow they were wonderful, professional, and reasonable. They mounted 2 TVS for me and even hung my curtains in my living room for me which they did not have to do. I am completely satisfied and grateful that I went with these two wonderful people. I would definitely recommend them to everyone I know and work with. I finally found a company that does not kill my pockets so I will indeed be working with this company in the future.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Excellent service, very fair and reasonable price. Did only what was needed, and didn't try to sell me something I didn't need. Definitely appreciate his integrity, just wish more business would be as honest and straightforward.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I had several Roof Cleaners to choose with several bids. I got a fair deal and excellent service from Kaycam Services. My roof looks clean and new. I highly recommend HomeAdvisor for your special projects they provide quality service you can depend on.

HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi) Company Information