Call toll free
4.80/5
Based on 7,183 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeAdvisor is a digital marketplace connecting millions of homeowners with the company’s vast network of service professionals to complete home improvement projects. Homeowners can find and vet local, prescreened home service professionals; view average home project costs using True Cost Guide; and instantly book appointments online and more.

HomeAdvisor Gallery (4)
Top Workplaces 2014
Top 100 Digital COmpanies in Colorado
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

14367 HomeAdvisor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Like always USAA is spot on with their recommendations. I have trusted them for over 40 years... Don’t really worry about screening them because of HomeAdvisor. Next project is finding a qualified electrician to help me finish my garage project. Will be searching through HomeAdvisor.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Have used the service more than a few times and have been very satisfied each and every time a contractor has been hired. On each occasion, the prices have been reasonable, and the contractors have been very professional; have hired the same plumber on two occasions.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

It was so easy to use HomeAdvisor. After filling in my concerns, it didn't take but a minute to get the results I needed. I was able to get 3 companies to compare & the two I was interested in, both called me. I was very happy with the one I went with. The other man wasn't able to come on a Sunday.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Easy, reliable with great service providers. I use this service regularly and recommend it to others. Examples: Computer, home repair and installations, outdoor maintenance and repair, other types of services. The tracking system is invaluable to refer back when needed.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

We have used HomeAdvisor for many projects in the past couple years and turn to it for referrals of contractors. We have been quite happy with everyone we've hired through this service. Only criticism would be that even if I've specified that "I will contact myself" (rather than have them contact me,) I still am contacted by the contractors. Not sure where the glitch is there, but sometimes I'd prefer to call who I want, when I want.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Since moving to a new area and not having the friends and contacts to know who is good and who to stay away from HomeAdvisor has been a really great service. I have had several issues with the new house and HomeAdvisor has allowed me to hire great contractors.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I like the options provided. In each case I got quality person to do the work. Your site has provided a good source for plumbing work. Now I am using it for handyman work. Next will be home decorating projects.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I looked for a home inspector. This was my first time using one. HomeAdvisor had 3 from my area call me. I picked the one with the right knowledge and the best price. He did a fabulous job. I will use this site again.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Love using HomeAdvisor. Contractors are licensed and extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Very happy we decided to use this one stop shop. We get a call back immediately after narrowing our search down and they show up on time and ready to work.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

It was easy for me to find a company for the work I was looking to have done. Several recommendations were available for me in my area. I like the idea of being able to rate a company and for HomeAdvisor to do follow-ups on my projects.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

This was very helpful to have several recommendations to choose from. I was very impressed with two of the three recommendations. Both gentlemen were professional, personable and informative. The company we chose did an excellent job for a reasonable amount.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I submitted my request for an estimate on-line and within minutes I had two calls. I was pleased with both calls and chose one offer because of timing. My move was completed efficiently and with care. This was a good experience.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I love HomeAdvisor, I use them for all my projects. They give me the best professionals and I love how HomeAdvisor follows up with me, to make sure that I am informed, educated, and making the best decision.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I never use any other website but always use HomeAdvisor. I have used them several times. Their recommended companies are always top notch, have great service and extremely fair prices! Their website is easy to use and understand. In fact some of their providers will see you have been on the website looking for a particular service and text you. The plumber I got texted me letting me know he didn't charge extra for weekends so after checking him out I cancelled the plumber who charges extra for the weekend.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

This is a very easy site to follow, start with a search and you get a list of pros by category. You will get a list of highly recommended professional with different price points. I recommend this site as it is very helpful in finding the right pro for the job.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Use check to pay and save money. They were done very quickly. Better call and schedule an appointment, they are booked up. Ask about different sized screen mesh, they failed to show me until after the job was done. I would of chose a tighter screen to prevent pine needles from entering.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Of three estimates I was supposed to receive, only two contractors contacted me. The first one contacted me on the same day, came out the next day, and presented an estimate that evening. The second contractor didn't contact me for several days, didn't come out until the following week, and didn't submit an estimate for nearly two weeks! (His estimate was also nearly 50% higher.) Needless to say, I went with the first contractor, Prestige Landscape Group, and was very happy with the result.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Blown Insulation Request - The company recommended was good, very timely, and affordable. Communication during the estimate was difficult and only got clarification after calling the office a few days later. We had some confusion as to what day they could come but they were able to come on the day I scheduled.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I simply googled for painters in Honolulu and got the HomeAdvisor website as one of my references. I went to the site and looked for painters to do the exterior of my home. CertaPro Painters responded fairly quickly. After some additional checks and getting two other quotes, I went with CertaPro and was pleased with their work and customer service.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

It is quick and easy to use the HomeAdvisor website and every contractor has contacted us quickly and done fantastic work. They have reps who call to follow up to be sure you were able to complete the project. They ask if you need help finding contractors for upcoming projects. Just a great company!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I would recommend HomeAdvisor to everyone. They are great. Called for people to remove a huge tree and got immediate responses. Picked one contractor on their list and the work was done quickly and efficiently. Holman Services are the best of the best when you need service to remove a tree or some trimming done.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Hired a Snow Plow Pro to plow my driveway. He showed when he said he would and did a great job. G2 Plowing was very professional and pleasant to work with. He put the snow pile where I had requested and keep it out of the way. I also had marking poles along the driveway which were all intact.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

We were looking for our someone to reglaze our tub and surround. HomeAdvisor presented 2 options. We interviewed both companies and were impressed with both options. The company we went with was very easy to work with. We had to postpone the work for a few months but was just completed and we are highly satisfied. We would use the company and will use HomeAdvisor in the future.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Didn't know I was dealing with HomeAdvisor. I googled to find garage repair and I stumbled on this--glad I did. They connected me to a local repairman--Garage Door360--who did A+ work! What started out as a huge, complicated headache turned into a piece of cake--thanks!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I am very satisfied they do background checks and I have used them about 4 times and have had no complaints. Thank you for being there for me and my family. I sure will give them 5 **. Again thank you so much it is really appreciated.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

We received a call from an electrician just minutes after contacting HomeAdvisor. We can’t tell you how happy we are to have chosen Kelco Electric. HomeAdvisor followed up afterwards to ensure that the job had been done properly. Thank you HomeAdvisor!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I always use HomeAdvisor for all my needs. They have never failed at sending me excellent and professional services. Will continue to use them. I never feel like I am getting ripped off by the professionals they send. And I like that all are screened by HomeAdvisor.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Using HomeAdvisor made it so easy to find a reliable professional that responded to my request within minutes and was able to do the job the next day. I have previously used the yellow pages or newspaper ads to find someone which has had poor results.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I have used HomeAdvisor both here in Scottsdale and at Lake Tahoe where we have our summer home. I have been very satisfied with the workmen I have used in both places. I would definitely use HomeAdvisor's referrals in the future.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I needed outdoor faucet with leaks repaired. They replaced defective part quickly & it works fine. They arrived on time & were very professional. They solved the problem within hours of my reporting it. I would not hesitate to use their services again.

HomeAdvisor Company Information

www.homeadvisor.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use