4.79/5
Based on 7,394 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeAdvisor is a digital marketplace connecting millions of homeowners with the company’s vast network of service professionals to complete home improvement projects. Homeowners can find and vet local, prescreened home service professionals; view average home project costs using True Cost Guide; and instantly book appointments online and more.

HomeAdvisor Gallery (4)
Last updated: April 21, 2018

15898 HomeAdvisor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

Joe was a pro and made my sofa look new again! He did my job the same day I called and also was here on time. I'm so glad I called ServiceMaster because Joe returned my call within 5 minutes. I highly recommend this company.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 20, 2018

We just moved two months ago to this city and we were in need of several repairs and renovations. I was able to obtain painters, carpet installers, among other vendors to compare prices and HomeAdvisor made it easier to obtain.

Original review: April 20, 2018

This company was very professional and very courteous. They walked me through the process and it fulfilled my expectations. I would recommend to family and friends. The new windows and siding really enhance the look of the home. The house looks wonderful!

Original review: April 20, 2018

All work done well. I wish some of the prices were lower. Very nice installation. Very good cleaning for the money. Faucet was installed quickly and professionally, the company uses flat rate, which means that they replace everything whether or not it needs replacement. The Cleaning service did an excellent job. They were quick and efficient.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I'm very happy with HomeAdvisor, and the professionals that I've been linked to. All the work has been great, and finding these professionals has helped me out immensely! Everyone that I've found and hired has exceeded my expectations. As soon as I submit a request for a quote for work, the quotes start coming in almost instantly. Technology is great! Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: April 20, 2018

The hauler they found me was great. My first experience with HomeAdvisor. The hauler I had been using for years moved on. I found myself a new pro. I will definitely recommend him to others. I will be back to HomeAdvisor to try other services.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I was happy with the service I received. I also purchased a monthly plan with McHale's. I will in the future use them again and I would recommend my neighbors to do so also. The technician was very polite and completely professional.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Would highly recommend - total of 3 young gentlemen completed the job over a 3 day period and we are very pleased with their work ethic and professionalism. They rewired our old in-ground spa by going up through the attic so that we did not have to jackhammer up the entire cement patio - works great!! We were impressed with their knowledge and ability to relate to the customer in a way we could understand - our key was "simple and safe" as this is our second home and we have friends coming and going. They made it so!

Original review: April 20, 2018

All of the companies recommended by HomeAdvisor have done a great job, for exactly the prices quoted. No surprises, no disappointment here. I would highly recommend that home owners use HomeAdvisor. I know that I will be the next time I have a project needing to be done.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I liked the fact that I could read reviews from other customers. This helped me a lot with hiring two contractors for separate jobs (1. Roofing/siding replacement; 2. Plumbing fixture repair). Both did good jobs and were easy to deal with. After my initial contact with HomeAdvisor each time, the contractor I chose contacted me the next day.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Mike did an excellent job! We spoke several times on the phone and he even came to the house before the work was ready to be done to see exactly what we wanted. I felt very confident that Mike would do the work the right way and that the final product would look how we imagined it. I would recommend Mike to anyone that needs work done in their home.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Tile & grout cleaning service for entire house. HomeAdvisor referred several companies with whom I made appointments to make a bid on the job. This gave me the opportunity to compare bids as well as professionalism so that I had full confidence in choosing JL Restorations to do the work.

Original review: April 20, 2018

HomeAdvisor process is very easy, and efficient process for working on home repair needs. I was able to select from several potential providers with ease and selected from the list a set of potential providers. The whole process end to end was simple, and straightforward.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I have been so pleased with HomeAdvisor. I have used their recommendations for 3 projects so far, painting, sprinkler repair, and tree removal, and each company I've hired has been honest, professional, and did high quality work. In the past, hiring my own professionals, I've lost over $3,500 in bad work. The guy that replaced my fence took $1,500 and left with my money. HomeAdvisor people are honest. They do a great job.

Original review: April 20, 2018

The service was quick and easy to use, and the company recommended by you was timely and professional. They arrived on time for both the inspection and the replacement of the window. They cleaned up after the work was completed. This was done even with a serious illness in their family. Thank you.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I was so easy to get estimates and actually get the work completed. The recommended contractors called us the same day to set up appointments. Previously we had searched on our own for contractors and found that most don't even return phone calls. Thanks Home Advisor!

Original review: April 20, 2018

Miley and Irma were efficient and did a great job. Mr & Mrs. Clean, were able to have my cleaning needs taken care of in two days. Amazing service for us out here in Waller, Texas. Look forward to their next visit.

Original review: April 20, 2018

As soon as I entered my information Home Advisor connected me to the most suitable company that met my needs. I was extremely satisfied with the quality of the work by P&A Painting. The cost was reasonable. I will definitely use Home Advisor again.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I started using HomeAdvisor only a short time ago for both business and home projects. They are now my go to people. I'm impressed every time with them and the contractors I select. HomeAdvisor follows up on each job and asks to ensure my satisfaction with the contractor.

Original review: April 20, 2018

We had 3 trees cut and removed from our backyard. Also, other trees were trimmed. Yard was cleaned and left in nice condition. Everything was cleared and entire job was finished in a remarkable time. I would hire this company for any trees that we need cut or trimmed.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Requested service around 10 AM and had someone return my call within 2 minutes of that request. Then after talking to the service provider had an appointment scheduled that afternoon between 2 & 2:30 PM. Service man called at 1:45 to let me know he was on the way, showed up at 2, repairs completed by 3:30 PM. Very happy!

Original review: April 20, 2018

So far, good luck with all 4 pros. I have not yet rated the fourth pro since the job isn't finished but will soon. HomeAdvisor is a very good way to find the right person for the job whatever it may be. We hired a deck guy, insulation guy, deck staining guy, and now a sprinkler system and sod guy. I will continue to use HomeAdvisor for future projects.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Bad First - Wasn't easy to get it to just give me an electrician's number to get an estimate. Good - It did match up with a good fit as far as electrician, who when he got there didn't realized that I wanted an estimate. But once I got the estimate, I immediately was able to let him do the job as the pricing seemed fair. Overall a good experience.

Original review: April 20, 2018

HomeAdvisor is great. They provide several different contractors which helps the consumer shop for a great price. The contractors contact you immediately. With the ability to rate contractors, the consumer can be assured of great customer service and fair pricing.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I am very pleased with the work that BK Design Service did. Returned my initial call immediately and was prompt coming to my house. Very friendly, courteous and helpful. Will definitely have them for more jobs. Was also helpful explaining the job and future jobs I wish to have done.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I was looking for AC repair and ended up needing a new unit. I also needed to fix the roof. The AC guys had a roofer come out and repair roof at the same time. Worked out great. They also said they would help with the scheduling of annual maintenance of the unit.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Very useful resource; this site is highly recommended for homeowners requiring specialized repair and maintenance services. Quickly received top rated recommended vendors and received prompt responses from most of the vendors. Also received follow up phone call from Home Advisors to ensure that there were responses received.

Original review: April 20, 2018

This service is very helpful. You never know who to really ask for a good recommendation for services that a person doesn't usually need too often. I love that they make it really easy and simple to send the job details straight to the different professionals.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I waited for week for my warranty company to come and inspect my problem but when I put the information on HomeAdvisor, I was connected with pros within five minutes got call from them and guy came in after an hour and find the cause of the problem and gave solution.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Quick and convenient way to find a great plumber. The plumber called a few minutes after I submitted the request through the HomeAdvisor website. They were available the next day, were on time for the appointment and did a very professional job. Would definitely recommend!

HomeAdvisor expert review by Joseph Truini

HomeAdvisor is a free online service that provides reviews and search tools for consumers to find home improvement professionals. The site also serves as an educational portal for home improvement projects.

• Profinder: HomeAdvisor provides an online search tool for finding remodeling professionals based on ZIP code.

• True Cost Guide: The website offers kitchen remodeling guides that outline the costs broken down into categories. Some guides also offer suggestions for how to save money.

• Design Mine: This Pinterest-like tool allows consumers to save, share and organize photos of designs. In addition, consumers can connect with professionals who have experience building in the favorite style of the consumer.

• Financing: HomeAdvisor works with a third party to obtain financing for kitchen remodel projects.

• Reviews: The site hosts more than five million reviews of professionals and has been used by more than 30 million homeowners.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for additional tools and services, such as finding professionals.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

HomeAdvisor Company Information