4.5/5 (323 ratings)
HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi)

About HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi)

HomeAdvisor is an online resource that helps residents find reliable home repair or improvement services in their area. HomeAdvisor has service providers in multiple categories on its site, from maid services to HVAC repair, and screens each one to make sure you end up working with a trustworthy provider. It also backs its platform with a Happiness Guarantee.

Pros

• Convenient app
    • Free to use
    • Instant online scheduling
    • Happiness Guarantee

Cons

• Doesn’t show all companies in area
    • Limited options in some locations

Bottom Line

HomeAdvisor connects residents who are looking to start a project or repair to pros and contractors in their area. The website works with more than 100,000 professionals who are prescreened for legitimacy and safety.

Top HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi) Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Verified

I’ve received… three services through HomeAdvisor Pros and am very satisfied... They are very diligent and recommend the best Pros. ... They were all very responsible, courteous a...

Verified

As a new homeowner, I didn't know where to go to compare prices and reviews and get honest information, but so far, HomeAdvisor has been the best resource! I've hired 4 different ...

What is HomeAdvisor?

HomeAdvisor is a free online resource for homeowners. The company helps match you with a professional in your area that offers the services you need. The site provides estimated costs for services to help you understand what to expect when requesting quotes. HomeAdvisor has an online booking tool that lets you schedule a fixed-price service without picking up the phone.

Services available on HomeAdvisor include maid services, plumbing repairs, lawn care, electrical services, general contracting and hundreds of others. In general, you can book any home-related work through HomeAdvisor.

The company backs its service with a Happiness Guarantee, promising to make it right if something goes wrong.

How does HomeAdvisor work?

Using HomeAdvisor's site, you can search for local contractors for multiple types of home repairs or home services. HomeAdvisor prescreens each company and its owner to ensure proper licensing and customer satisfaction.

HomeAdvisor matches you with a contractor by guiding you through a series of questions and providing you with quotes from qualified local contractors. You can also book a fixed-price service immediately online. Alternatively, you can use the search bar to search for a local page for your area and see a list of companies. HomeAdvisor provides a snapshot of each company with relevant information such as services, reviews and phone numbers.

As you compare options, you can directly reach out to HomeAdvisor by phone or live chat.

If you’re not yet ready to contact a local professional, read through some of HomeAdvisor’s articles about the topic you’re searching. The company’s “Resource Center” section of its website contains a library of information about home services and projects.

HomeAdvisor cost

HomeAdvisor is completely free to use for homeowners searching for information about contractors and professionals in their area. There is no obligation to book a service if you choose to receive quotes.

For contractors who want to promote their business using the platform, HomeAdvisor charges a membership fee of around $300 per year, plus additional fees per lead (anywhere between $15 to $60). The exact cost depends on the business’s location and industry. This price per lead is charged even if the lead doesn’t turn into a customer.

HomeAdvisor FAQ

How much does it cost to be on HomeAdvisor?
    Companies pay to be featured on HomeAdvisor. They pay a membership fee and a price per lead that varies depending on industry and location. Homeowners who are searching for a professional do not need to pay.
    Is HomeAdvisor trustworthy?
    For the most part, bad reviews are typically specific to contractors, not homeowners. HomeAdvisor prescreens each business on its site and shows ratings and reviews from previous customers. The company has handled over 100 million service requests, according to its website.
    Is HomeAdvisor worth using?
    Yes. Because it’s a free site, HomeAdvisor is a great way to start your search when looking for contractors. Of course, always ask friends and family for recommendations and advice as well.
    Is HomeAdvisor free?
    HomeAdvisor is free for homeowners to use. It does charge contractors who want to be featured on the site.

Is HomeAdvisor legit?

Using HomeAdvisor is a good way for homeowners to find vetted contractors in their area. However, because contractors pay to be featured on the website, it doesn't offer a full picture of all the options available locally. If you’re searching for a local home repair or improvement provider and want to read reviews from other customers, we recommend using HomeAdvisor.

HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi) Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi)?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: May 1, 2022

I received 2 phone calls almost immediately after I asked for help on HomeAdvisor from 2 people that said they were working with Valentino’s Irrigation and Lighting that wanted more information from me and tried to get to buy a membership so that I could receive a discount on this job and other projects in the future. I asked them to send me the info to my email and I would review it. Needless to say I never received any info. Not sure if it was a scam but it sure did sound like it. As far as Home Advisor themselves I have no complaints. The company that I hired was excellent and would use them again.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2022

I used Growing Solutions to remove two trees that were both about 25 ft high and not very easy to access. The trees were close to the house and fence. They quoted a very fair price, came out the day after estimating the job, worked quickly and paid due attention to their safety practices. They were careful not to damage landscaping lights and patio furniture/plants. Also took great care to cut the trees down in segments & landed them safely without damage to structures, fence or other trees. They removed the stumps and cleaned up great. Even swept the driveway. Excellent work and value. I’m keeping their number for future jobs.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I appreciate Home Advisor as a resource for personal reviews by customers. Here is my review of the company I used, Lanier Wildlife Solutions. I recommend Lanier Solutions for any need you might have. I hired them to remove squirrels and rats in my attic that had chewed through a number of wires. I tried for years to get rid of the squirrels on my own. They not only got rid of the squirrels and rats but also an opossum. Also, they found their entry holes in my roof and sealed them up, then replaced my attic insulation that had been ruined by years of feces and urine. Their work was knowledgeable, professional, efficient, effective, and courteous! And the cost was very reasonable. I'm grateful and I highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

This was my first time using Oak Plumbing. I use Service Advisor/Angi’s list all the time. I read the reviews, counted the number of stars and looked at how many customers rated them. I checked the average rates in my area forward the type of work I needed. Then I chose Oak Plumbing. I had an emergency; faucet behind refrigerator was leaking with water going under floor planks. I received a call in less than five minutes and it was after hours.

I set my appointment, they kept me informed throughout the process and Daniel ** was my guy. He was timely and he did outstanding work in less time than he quoted me. I found an Oak Plumbing coupon online and they graciously accepted it. I highly recommend Oak Plumbing and, Daniel **. I was working on some documents as he worked and he was respectful in not disturbing me. Every time he had to go to his truck, he tiptoed through the house. Who does that? Share click to collapse contents.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I needed a pool service as the local pool company was charging ridiculous prices for chemicals we really didn’t need and our pool water was getting cloudier every chemical added in. Smith Blue Pool immediately found the issues and predominately it was the overabundance of chemicals and time to allow the matter causing the cloudiness to settle. Then a good, power vacuuming. And repeat. My pool is beautiful now and the cost of his service was the same as 1 weekend trip to the local pool company and after many trips still was told additional chemicals needed. I’ll never have anyone else if it can be avoided. Thank you Angi for the recommendation.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Professional and very polite. Explain choices of locks and colors. Cleaned up areas of installation. On time as scheduled. Explained prices before doing job. Able to use cash or credit card. Will refer this company to friends who have lock out too.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Google search for painters near me lead to Angi and I went with the first on list without need to sign up on Angi. I had excellent experience with company that came. They did everything promised and more. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Needed irrigation system installed on property. Furst Irrigation called me and set up appointment. Communication was professional and Chase Furst was punctual and professional. We talked and Chase listened to our needs. Chase was professional from start to finish super conscious about his work. Explained the system after completion. An excellent experience all around!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Fast accurate service all occurred in one morning. I had a sprinkler head that broke loose from the main pipe and flooded the area around bit. The service person knew immediately what and where the problem was and repaired the leak rapidly and accurately. He tested the completed work to make sure everything was in order and it worked beautifully.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Excellent service with no pressure. Very knowledgeable and did a complete job. We recommend Stampede Pest control! The Tech Brad explain what treatments he was doing and even sprayed the inside of the garage with the outside treatment. They were on time, friendly and easy to talk to.

HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi) Company Information