4.81/5
  • 1 star
Based on 6,576 ratings submitted in the last year
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeAdvisor is a digital marketplace connecting millions of homeowners with the company’s vast network of service professionals to complete home improvement projects. Homeowners can find and vet local, prescreened home service professionals; view average home project costs using True Cost Guide; and instantly book appointments online and more.

HomeAdvisor Gallery (4)
Top Workplaces 2014
Top 100 Digital COmpanies in Colorado

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 19, 2017

12648 HomeAdvisor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

The best part about HomeAdvisor is that I can source multiple jobs at once and get several qualified pros to call. Additionally, many of the pros will call me within minutes or hours of my request, which gets the project rolling quickly instead of dragging out for weeks. Finally, the HomeAdvisor customer care group follows up with emails and personal calls to make sure that everything is going well.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

In the early morning hours, we woke up to a leaking pipe in the ceiling. We tried multiple plumbing service numbers and HomeAdvisor as well. The end results were positive and we were able to get the help we needed through HomeAdvisor. However, the emergency service did not provide us with results until regular business hours.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

HomeAdvisor is a tremendous help. Being new to an area and having no knowledge of contractors in the area, it is really nice to have a reliable source of information available in one place. HomeAdvisor makes it easy to find the help you need to get your projects completed.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Plumbing - I was expecting to see multiple options with pricing before call the service provider. There was only one service provider. No cost information provided. HomeAdvisor call me and said I could call the service provider. I thought the service provider would call me. It all work out just not the way I expected it to.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Great computer Service and very easy to use. I would highly recommend this service to anyone staring a product or even thinking about a project. Even if you're in the planning stage of any type project this is a great place to start.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

HomeAdvisor is where I recently looked for help with a diseased lawn and found Experigreen Lawn Care. The best! I never would've known where to find a good company without this valuable service. Thank you, HomeAdvisor, once again. (Maybe my fourth or fifth time using you.)

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I choose Joe by way of his reviews on the internet. I submitted my request and he got right back to me. Joe was as good as it gets. Better than I had hoped for. He was on time, did everything and more, i.e., Clean Heating & Cooling Air Ducts & Vents. He gave his best professional recommendations without overselling. I choose the scotch guard upgrade. He installed a high end air filter at his own expense. He earned the superior rating. I recommend this service without reservation. Thanks Joe.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I used the HomeAdvisor website to find a local contractor to install an exterior door. I found one that I liked, and his work was outstanding. I was glad that I had used HomeAdvisor to find the contractor that I used.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I needed a heating contractor because my furnace blower wasn't shutting off. Through HomeAdvisor I found a great service that was able to come quickly/same day on a Saturday. They were friendly and knowledgeable. We talked about the fees upfront and the serviceman showed me exactly what the issue was. Great experience overall!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Great customer service. The workers I hired through HomeAdvisor were professional. The price for the work was comparable to other installers and actually lower. The quality of the materials were top of the line. The workmanship was professional. The workers were punctual and arrived when they said they would.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

HomeAdvisor has helped us every single time we have needed a pro to do work in our house. They send us very professional and knowledgeable technicians who are respectful to our home and charge a fair price. They also follow up to check if the work was properly performed and finished in a timely manner. We have a subscription to another company that offer referrals but we prefer to use HomeAdvisor because of the amazing results we get every time.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

This is my third recommendation used by HomeAdvisor. I used a Gutter Installation company whose name I can't remember the present, Gocles Home Cleaning Service which I continue using to this day. Now, I have used A White Shovel. I'm pleased with all three. Isn't it time for my $50 reward?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Had three appointments in less than 6 hrs. Had roof repaired and at a fair price within 5 days. The contractor we hired was no pressure. Had great ideas to stop any future leaks and delivered on his quote and did it earlier than quoted, Home Advisor is a great tool to use.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I turned to Home Advisor to find a handyman for some projects around the house. It was simple to fill out a few questions and they put me in touch immediately with 2 contractors. I was able to select one and have the work completed to my satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Call was promptly answered and re-directed to a great service. I didn't have to search for a repairman, it was all done for me and sent to my email and my cell phone started ringing immediately and I was connected to the first company. I will definitely use Home Advisor again and recommend to my friends. Great Service.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I have asked for their advice in getting contractors several times and have been provided with excellent choices each time. I have actually used 3 of their recommendations over the past three years. I will continue to use them for my projects. Super organization!!!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Very satisfied. I called and they not only came the same day but finished in approx one hour. The servicemen were very polite and very professional. If I have any other electrical problems, I will call them. I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Best website to confident hire professionals for home repair/services - the feedback provided protects customers from predatory contractors practices that are well spread to all levels. I wish HomeAdvisor will include auto repair in the list of services - that is one of the most dishonest service I ever experienced.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I needed a plumber today! I went online and found HomeAdvisor - I was given 5 possible pros - 2 were not available until next week; one was able to come within the hour and I was pleased with his work.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

You referred 3 companies. 1st was Evans Plumbing who sent a price which was great so I tried them. First 3 appointments no show on any. First time emergency. 2 time I text them they said pick a day text me the day before & when you're on your, never heard back. Called $25 Plumbing next. They sent Don the next morning & text when they were on there way. I got Don who was on time. He did the job I about 3 1/2hrs. Would highly recommend Don & will request him for any future plumbing problems.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I've used HomeAdvisor twice. Once, the person was honest enough to say he wasn't qualified to fix a Grandfather clock. Second time, was with Storm Guard. Very pleased with the service, quality of work and followup. I would definitely use HomeAdvisor again to find someone for home repair and improvement.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Repair hole in ceiling - Called almost immediately. Was professional and proficient. I would definitely use him again. He came and completed the work in a timely manner. I would recommend this handyman. He left the area clean. Looking at the repair you cannot tell that there was a hole there.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Great customer service. Was hooked up with a company I used, and that company was great. I certainly will use HomeAdvisor in the future. The customer service is excellent with a prompt response and understanding of the customer's needs. I would recommend using this service. They seem to have a very accurate, up to date list for all your household needs.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Home Advisor was very helpful in setting me up with a great company in Smart Home Technologies. They found me the best companies in my area for me to choose from. Would recommend to family and friends.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Received three installation companies to choose from for an estimated cost and to see examples. After meeting with representatives of companies and viewing the products available we choose the one which we felt would give us the best outcome. The process of using Home Advisor was very smooth.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

They gave me Three companies and I used one of them. They all replayed very fast. I was happy with the companies they sent me. I would recommend others to use them. The man who did the repair was very efficient. I would recommend him.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

First company on list - Metroplex would not show. I gave them a week to make an appointment but they would not commit. Second company - OS Gutters - did a very professional job. Arrived on time and completed repairs to my satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I have used HomeAdvisor In two different states: Virginia and California. I have used them for: a housekeeper, gardener, painter and handyman. All these professionals were wonderful to work with, which is why I keep coming back to HomeAdvisor. I highly recommend using this site.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I called HomeAdvisor in the afternoon for a reputable plumber. I got a return call right away with the name of a company that could help us with our problem. A representative of the company called me within 15 minutes and by the end of the day the job was finished with professionalism and for a reasonable cost.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

In each project, this site has provided me with several reputable providers. I was contacted by most very quickly, was able to chose those that I favored, and received very satisfactory work on tree removal, water treatment (I have a well), and grass mowing. I am now awaiting construction of a sunroom on a newly built deck. So far, I am very happy with the chosen contractor that I found with the help of HomeAdvisor.

HomeAdvisor Company Information