4.5/5 (1037 ratings)
HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi)

About HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi)

HomeAdvisor is an online resource that helps residents find reliable home repair or improvement services in their area. HomeAdvisor has service providers in multiple categories on its site, from maid services to HVAC repair, and screens each one to make sure you end up working with a trustworthy provider. It also backs its platform with a Happiness Guarantee.

Pros

• Convenient app
    • Free to use
    • Instant online scheduling
    • Happiness Guarantee

Cons

• Doesn’t show all companies in area
    • Limited options in some locations

Bottom Line

HomeAdvisor connects residents who are looking to start a project or repair to pros and contractors in their area. The website works with more than 100,000 professionals who are prescreened for legitimacy and safety.

Top HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi) Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Verified

I’ve received… three services through HomeAdvisor Pros and am very satisfied... They are very diligent and recommend the best Pros. ... They were all very responsible, courteous a...

Verified

As a new homeowner, I didn't know where to go to compare prices and reviews and get honest information, but so far, HomeAdvisor has been the best resource! I've hired 4 different ...

What is HomeAdvisor?

HomeAdvisor is a free online resource for homeowners. The company helps match you with a professional in your area that offers the services you need. The site provides estimated costs for services to help you understand what to expect when requesting quotes. HomeAdvisor has an online booking tool that lets you schedule a fixed-price service without picking up the phone.

Services available on HomeAdvisor include maid services, plumbing repairs, lawn care, electrical services, general contracting and hundreds of others. In general, you can book any home-related work through HomeAdvisor.

The company backs its service with a Happiness Guarantee, promising to make it right if something goes wrong.

How does HomeAdvisor work?

Using HomeAdvisor's site, you can search for local contractors for multiple types of home repairs or home services. HomeAdvisor prescreens each company and its owner to ensure proper licensing and customer satisfaction.

HomeAdvisor matches you with a contractor by guiding you through a series of questions and providing you with quotes from qualified local contractors. You can also book a fixed-price service immediately online. Alternatively, you can use the search bar to search for a local page for your area and see a list of companies. HomeAdvisor provides a snapshot of each company with relevant information such as services, reviews and phone numbers.

As you compare options, you can directly reach out to HomeAdvisor by phone or live chat.

If you’re not yet ready to contact a local professional, read through some of HomeAdvisor’s articles about the topic you’re searching. The company’s “Resource Center” section of its website contains a library of information about home services and projects.

HomeAdvisor cost

HomeAdvisor is completely free to use for homeowners searching for information about contractors and professionals in their area. There is no obligation to book a service if you choose to receive quotes.

For contractors who want to promote their business using the platform, HomeAdvisor charges a membership fee of around $300 per year, plus additional fees per lead (anywhere between $15 to $60). The exact cost depends on the business’s location and industry. This price per lead is charged even if the lead doesn’t turn into a customer.

HomeAdvisor FAQ

How much does it cost to be on HomeAdvisor?
    Companies pay to be featured on HomeAdvisor. They pay a membership fee and a price per lead that varies depending on industry and location. Homeowners who are searching for a professional do not need to pay.
    Is HomeAdvisor trustworthy?
    For the most part, bad reviews are typically specific to contractors, not homeowners. HomeAdvisor prescreens each business on its site and shows ratings and reviews from previous customers. The company has handled over 100 million service requests, according to its website.
    Is HomeAdvisor worth using?
    Yes. Because it’s a free site, HomeAdvisor is a great way to start your search when looking for contractors. Of course, always ask friends and family for recommendations and advice as well.
    Is HomeAdvisor free?
    HomeAdvisor is free for homeowners to use. It does charge contractors who want to be featured on the site.

Is HomeAdvisor legit?

Using HomeAdvisor is a good way for homeowners to find vetted contractors in their area. However, because contractors pay to be featured on the website, it doesn't offer a full picture of all the options available locally. If you’re searching for a local home repair or improvement provider and want to read reviews from other customers, we recommend using HomeAdvisor.

HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi) Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi)?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: July 14, 2021

If you have a project you must call Forever Green Landscaping and Construction. We wanted a privacy fence and got several estimates. Forever Green Landscaping and Construction gave the best estimate. Mike and his crew have so much experience and suggested things that did not occur to us but which we love. They put in our beautiful privacy fence and built an elevated curved patio with a lower matching curved walkway. They did so much extra work on our hardscape, grading and fixing it for drainage and landscaping, and in the end their estimate was exactly the cost of our project. We are so in love with the quality and value they put into our project, we are over the moon happy with the whole project. We have gained so much usable, beautiful space and all the information and suggestions for planting just shows how thoughtful Forever Green Landscaping and Construction was in making sure that we are happy.

We are already saving for our next project and we won't call anyone except Mike and the crew at Forever Green landscaping and Construction. If you need any landscaping work, get the very best value and quality of craftsmanship by calling Forever Green Landscaping and Construction. The response time was fast, estimate was exactly the cost,the time line was right on target, the value for price was amazing and the quality of work was five star. We love everything about this project, from start to finish and we very highly recommend Mike and his crew at Forever Green Landscaping and Construction. We were in no way compensated for this review, we just want to make sure an honest review for the job done is available for others and that experience people stay available. Thank you so much FGLC and Mike and all the gentleman who worked on this project.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I appreciate the service with HomeAdvisor.com when it comes to availability of quality pros, mostly. I've had two experiences with them that I wasn't happy with... gutter cleaner and exterminator. On one hand HA took care of the exterminator... But, on the other hand I find I can't go back and find information on people I've listed at times. If I list someone, and they don't work out, it becomes difficult to find that same group again. It's frustrating if you liked two, had one come out and the work not satisfactory but can't go back and find the second one. They've been substituted and no way to find them or why they're not listed any longer on your request. Other than that I've had some good responses and excellent work... On the other hand I've been disappointed by the responding pro. I guess that happens everywhere. Caveat Emptor.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I had a AC company that was doing a maintenance check on my unit. The serviceman informed me that my unit was leaking Freon and the coils needed replacing. He informed me that the unit was 7 years old and NOT under warranty. He suggested a new unit for $5,600. I first said okay and they said they could do it that afternoon. It got to be late Friday and I had company coming so called and ask that it be postponed to Monday. Then I decide to get a second opinion. I google AC repair in area and got HomeAdvisor.

Several companies responded but couldn’t come until Monday. Then, Essential Heating and Air responded and said they were in the area and could come in about an hour. They were a God sent. He checked the entire unit, found that it was only 4 years old and still under complete warranty. He found no leaks, in fact unit was in excellent shape. He added Freon and will check it again in 3 months. He saved me a lot of money. I appreciate his prompt response and honesty. Needless to say I’ve canceled the original company. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

5 stars is not enough for this company, they are 100 stars hands down. I hired this company to service and repair my furnace. Sent service person Joe to my home. This man is AMAZING.... Caring and compassionate, worked with me to do what he can to get me up and running. Very respectful of my home, very professional and extremely kind. He left my home clean as when he found it. He did a wonderful job and got my heat working. I would never use any other company after dealing with A-Absolute they are now my forever contractors. They know what they are doing and get the job done quickly. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants a fair price for high quality work. Explained everything in a way I could understand and gave great tips on keeping up with my furnace. Joe is the BEST!!! GO WITH THIS COMPANY YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED... STELLER WORK....

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

The clog in the house was so bad that gurgling was heard in the pipes for over a week from 1 load of laundry. The water from this load of laundry had come up into the toilet and shower in the basement. This had been a reoccurring problem for years. I was unable to get a plumber from the phone book so I went online and threw up a Hail Mary out of sheer desperation. HomeAdvisor popped up and I filled out my problem. I was given the name of a plumber to try, but became skittish and didn't call. This plumber contacted me within the hour and my problem was solved by the end of the day. I have never been happier with a plumber in my life. HomeAdvisor helped me find the perfect solution and gently guided me to the finish line. I will be forever in their debt AND I highly recommend this site to anyone needing help. I know what it's like to want to tear your hair out (LOL)!

Original review: July 18, 2021

I was very pleased with the work done in the time spent on the job and how they cleaned up after they were finished. Even disposed of the old toilet. Were very thoughtful even saying they would wear masks while doing the work if that was my wish and I would certainly want them to do any project in the future. Bill

Original review: July 17, 2021

Worked great, had problems getting companies to call me back. But when I used the app, I had a Pro call me within a couple hours. Only problem I have, is the Pro was the 4th on the list in my project details and the app would not bring them up to select as my Pro. It only would offer top 2 or 3. Need to have a way to select as the Pro from the project details area or offer up more than the first 3 options as who to choose as your pro. I had to go through the internet and find them there leave the review. Overall great experience and cost less than I thought it would. Thank you.

Original review: July 17, 2021

Install fiberglass insulation over existing insulation to a depth of 18 inches in the attic to cover bare spots in the attic. Elevation sealed all ducting, did a energy audit on the residence, placed insulation dams, then blew in the required depth of insulation.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Very quick response time from vendors. Literally within 30 minutes (2) had already reached out to me and we’re able to get scheduled to come look at my project. Both vendors came out and and provided very fair quotes. Literally within a few dollars of each other.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Angi was able to help me quickly locate an excellent electrician in Reid **. He was very prompt, knowledgeable, patient and professional. He was also very reasonably priced. He did a great job, and we will be hiring him again for future projects. Thank you!

HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi) Company Information