Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.56/5
Based on 1,217 ratings submitted in the last year

HomeAdvisor is an online resource that helps homeowners find reliable home repair or improvement services in their area. HomeAdvisor has service providers in multiple categories on its site and screens each one to make sure you end up working with a trustworthy provider.

HomeAdvisor Gallery (4)
Top Workplaces 2014
Top 100 Digital COmpanies in Colorado

BOTTOM LINE

HomeAdvisor connects homeowners who are looking to start a project or repair to pros and contractors in their area. The website works with more than 100,000 professionals who are prescreened for legitimacy and safety.

PROS

• Easy to use
  • Convenient app
  • Free for consumers
  • Instant online scheduling

CONS

• Companies pay for features
  • Does not show all options

Top HomeAdvisor Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

I have used Home Advisor several times and always have wound up with a great team and a job well done in the end. … Matter a fact, several houses were painted or sided on my block, and the Home Advisor recommended service company outperformed and came in at a better price.

I needed a small backyard design and renovation project. ... Once the job was finished, I was astonished by the end product. They worked fast, on-time, took care of every detail, and left everything clean at the end of each day. I LOVE my new backyard! You definitely get what you pay for.

HomeAdvisor Call Now Toll Free (866) 782-4077 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

What is HomeAdvisor?

HomeAdvisor is an online resource for homeowners. The company helps match you with a professional in your area that offers the services you need. The site provides estimated costs for services to help you understand what to expect when asking for quotes from various companies. HomeAdvisor has an online booking tool that lets you schedule service without picking up the phone.

Services available on HomeAdvisor include maid services, plumbing repairs, lawn care, electrical services, general contracting and more. In general, you can book any home-related work through HomeAdvisor.

How does HomeAdvisor work?

Using HomeAdvisor's site, you can search for local contractors for multiple types of home repairs or home services. Companies pay to be listed, but HomeAdvisor’s experts prescreen each company and its owner to ensure legitimacy and safety. As you compare options, you can directly reach out to the company within the site itself and be instantly connected with an expert.

HomeAdvisor costs

HomeAdvisor is completely free to use for homeowners searching for information about contractors and professionals in their area. There are no strings attached in terms of cost or having to move forward with a service.

For contractors who want to promote their business using the platform, HomeAdvisor charges around $300 per year and additional fees per lead it sends to a business (anywhere between $15 to $60).

This price per lead is charged even if the lead doesn’t turn into a customer. For many contractors, the immense volume of leads and opportunities is worth the cost because it’s more simple and straightforward than other advertising strategies.

HomeAdvisor FAQ

How much does it cost to be on HomeAdvisor?
It costs about $300 per year to be featured on HomeAdvisor. Companies also pay for each lead sent their way, even if that lead does not become a customer.
Can I trust HomeAdvisor?
For the most part, bad reviews are typically specific to contractors, not homeowners. That being said, you should still complete your own research after you find a company.
Is HomeAdvisor worth using?
Yes. Since it’s a free site, HomeAdvisor is a great way to start your search when looking for contractors. Of course, always ask friends and family for recommendations and advice as well.
Is HomeAdvisor free?
HomeAdvisor is free for homeowners to use. It does charge contractors who want to be featured on the site.

Is HomeAdvisor legit?

HomeAdvisor is a good way for customers to find vetted and screened contractors in their area. However, because contractors pay to be featured on the website, it does not offer a full picture of all the options available locally. If you’re searching for a local home repair or improvement provider and want to read reviews from other customers, we recommend using HomeAdvisor.

HomeAdvisor Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I appreciate the service with HomeAdvisor.com when it comes to availability of quality pros, mostly. I've had two experiences with them that I wasn't happy with... gutter cleaner and exterminator. On one hand HA took care of the exterminator... But, on the other hand I find I can't go back and find information on people I've listed at times. If I list someone, and they don't work out, it becomes difficult to find that same group again. It's frustrating if you liked two, had one come out and the work not satisfactory but can't go back and find the second one. They've been substituted and no way to find them or why they're not listed any longer on your request. Other than that I've had some good responses and excellent work... On the other hand I've been disappointed by the responding pro. I guess that happens everywhere. Caveat Emptor.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I had a AC company that was doing a maintenance check on my unit. The serviceman informed me that my unit was leaking Freon and the coils needed replacing. He informed me that the unit was 7 years old and NOT under warranty. He suggested a new unit for $5,600. I first said okay and they said they could do it that afternoon. It got to be late Friday and I had company coming so called and ask that it be postponed to Monday. Then I decide to get a second opinion. I google AC repair in area and got HomeAdvisor.

Several companies responded but couldn’t come until Monday. Then, Essential Heating and Air responded and said they were in the area and could come in about an hour. They were a God sent. He checked the entire unit, found that it was only 4 years old and still under complete warranty. He found no leaks, in fact unit was in excellent shape. He added Freon and will check it again in 3 months. He saved me a lot of money. I appreciate his prompt response and honesty. Needless to say I’ve canceled the original company. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

5 stars is not enough for this company, they are 100 stars hands down. I hired this company to service and repair my furnace. Sent service person Joe to my home. This man is AMAZING.... Caring and compassionate, worked with me to do what he can to get me up and running. Very respectful of my home, very professional and extremely kind. He left my home clean as when he found it. He did a wonderful job and got my heat working. I would never use any other company after dealing with A-Absolute they are now my forever contractors. They know what they are doing and get the job done quickly. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants a fair price for high quality work. Explained everything in a way I could understand and gave great tips on keeping up with my furnace. Joe is the BEST!!! GO WITH THIS COMPANY YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED... STELLER WORK....

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

The clog in the house was so bad that gurgling was heard in the pipes for over a week from 1 load of laundry. The water from this load of laundry had come up into the toilet and shower in the basement. This had been a reoccurring problem for years. I was unable to get a plumber from the phone book so I went online and threw up a Hail Mary out of sheer desperation. HomeAdvisor popped up and I filled out my problem. I was given the name of a plumber to try, but became skittish and didn't call. This plumber contacted me within the hour and my problem was solved by the end of the day. I have never been happier with a plumber in my life. HomeAdvisor helped me find the perfect solution and gently guided me to the finish line. I will be forever in their debt AND I highly recommend this site to anyone needing help. I know what it's like to want to tear your hair out (LOL)!

Original review: July 6, 2020

Hired Contractor Andrew ** through HomeAdvisor after receiving 2 quotes from Pluming Companies in the area which were way out of our budget but we need our boiler and water heater replaced due to a faulty old boiler that caused a water pipe to burst last winter. Andrew responded within minutes of my submission to HomeAdvisor, he came to our house within minutes, he was prompt, personable, honest and professional. We didn't have to wait for his quote like I had to for the others. I had waited up to 1 month for my quote from the initial company that came out to assess the damage and do some repairs on the faulty boiler (to the tune of $2000.00-patch job), which didn't even work!!

I have to admit both my husband and I were skeptical about hiring an independent contractor because we were worried that they would not have the necessary skills or credentials needed to complete the job. Once I got the quote from Andrew I did a search on him and was able to see that he indeed had MP license and years of experience, which made us feel more comfortable with our decision to hire him. He completed the job in 2 days and earlier than expected. I would definitely recommend using HomeAdvisor for home improvements and repairs to friends and family. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Home Advisor found us the right handyman who did a very good job for us and who we shall use again and can recommend. The work was finished on time, cleaned up well furniture and floors were protected. Scope of work: seal and recaulk all windows, repair and paint damaged drywall inside the home.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I only hire contractors through Home Advisor. They do background checks and do a great job in matching what you need with the right contractor for the job. The people that I have worked with through Home Advisor are professional, polite and very experienced. They show up on time and do quality work in a timely manner. Good experiences with Home Advisor. I have recommended Home Advisor to my friends and family.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Cut out durastone kitchen sink and replace with new sink, and disposal and faucets. Haul away old sink, disposal, faucets. Also had them replace 7 smoke alarms with new 10 yr battery ones and a combo CO/Alarm. Chet purchased all the above and brought with him so I didn't have to go pick up and bring home.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

They were great with recommendations and getting back with me quickly. When I was unsure about moving forward it was good to get a call about next steps and how to move forward. It was easy from start to finish.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Easy to use system. Was presented with options for the repair. After I made my choices for bids I was contacted by the business and the appointment was set. Phone and email confirmation was used. I would recommend to others.

HomeAdvisor Company Information