Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.41/5
Based on 1,596 ratings submitted in the last year

HomeAdvisor is a digital marketplace connecting millions of homeowners with the company’s vast network of service professionals to complete home improvement projects. Homeowners can find and vet local, prescreened home service professionals; view average home project costs using True Cost Guide; and instantly book appointments online and more.

HomeAdvisor Gallery (4)
Top Workplaces 2014
Top 100 Digital COmpanies in Colorado
View More View More
HomeAdvisor Call Now Toll Free (866) 782-4077
Call Now Toll Free

HomeAdvisor Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

Skeptical and Hesitant at First; Now More Willing to Try Them. I think my subject says it all. Initially I was skeptical and very hesitant because I did not want numerous companies calling me. I prefer having a list, research them a bit, and then call the company myself. Well, I really need yard care and maintenance because my person was no longer working residential. So I went online and applied to Home Advisor. I was given several names along with a brief statement about each. No calling me, and the process worked for two reasons no excessive company calls and the list of companies were top notch. I could make the decisions without added pressure. Now I am more inclined to use Home Advisor. The way the world is today, I will always be a bit cautious, but I believe that I can grow to trust Home Advisor.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

We are very pleased with the job that Phillip did on our carpet. I found him on HomeAdvisor as we needed to have our carpet re-stretched in a couple of rooms and hallways. I planned to have the carpet re-stretched, and then cleaned, but was pleasantly surprised that I could get both done by this same contractor. Phillip gave me a quote, and then performed the work a couple of days later. He was right on time, and completed the work in a very efficient manner. He was very conscientious and worked carefully to move furniture around to get to all sections of the rooms, and the results of both the carpet stretching and cleaning exceeded expectations. Although the carpet in our house is only on the stairs and upstairs rooms, the entire house now has a very pleasant and clean smell.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

I needed help immediately on Sunday, during Labor Day weekend, while everyone was preparing for Hurricane Dorian. I called quite a few companies I found via Google, but none could help (one offered to, but I never heard back from their local office, and that wasted a lot of time). HomeAdvisor found me two professionals, both of whom offered to take care of a wasps' nest behind one of my hurricane shutters. One wasn't sure if/when he could get to my home, but the other took care of the problem for me, and the cost was very reasonable, especially given the timing.

The one issue I had with HomeAdvisor was that however these two professionals were contacted internally...that didn't work. When I emailed both of them (thanks to the email addresses HomeAdvisor provided) and explained my situation, they both replied. Maybe it was their understanding of my circumstances that led them to help, but I had also explained that in my description of the project. In any case...thank you! I needed to protect my home and family from what may be an extremely dangerous storm here (we don't know yet), and you helped me do that.

Original review: July 27, 2019

Was given the name immediately of two roofers who both contacted me within a few minutes. Both were able to come out next morning. The first company came out early morning, was very knowledgeable and thorough. Went above and beyond to provide me with pictures of attic and roof damages and explained what needed to be repaired. Explained two separate options for repair and provided me with estimate the next morning. All repairs and costs were included on their estimate.

The second roofer came out he immediately came in and told me I needed a complete new roof. I showed him the ceiling damage and did not even attempt to look in the attic or get on my roof. He kept telling me that it would cost me more to do repairs because I would have to keep repairing different areas of my roof. Half of my roof was replaced 7 years ago. It needed one minor repair of a couple shingles the second roofer insisted the entire roof needed to be replaced. He was more interested in debating what breed my dog was than looking at my roof. He measured the length and width of my house and told me he could do and entire roof for $9.000.00. I asked if that would be for everything and he told me he was willing to eat 3 sheets of ply wood but you know when you pull are roof off you never know what you would find.

He said he gave a 15 year warranty but we wouldn't need it because they do such good work. It covers problems with the installation not things that would wear out. He left my house and I was so aggravated with his attitude. An hour later he called and gave me an estimate to repair damage only for $2,800. How without getting on my roof could he even estimate what needed to be repaired. Needless to say I hired the first roofer, Crescent City Roofing. They did a great job for a great price. Very professional and explained everything along the way.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I got three estimates for my job (power wash the house, driveway, fence, pool cage, pool deck, and a retaining wall). All three companies sent a rep within 24 hours. I decided to go with Aris & Shine Cleaning Service. Although there weren’t many reviews of their power washing service, they had high ratings for other services. When it comes down to it, I hire people not a company. The couple came, I showed them what I wanted, they quoted me a price. But beyond that we just talked. I was impressed with their professionalism and their personalities. So how did they do the job? Not only did they do what I needed they threw in some extras. The job took a little longer than expected, but there is no doubt about the result. EVERYTHING they said they would do, they did! And everything looks fantastic. I have saved their info for the next time. Give them a chance and you will not be disappointed!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: May 22, 2020

A/C repair. Techs were very honest. Did more than I expected. Will use this company again in the future. On time, good work. Very friendly. I have a new a/c system in my future. This is a good company.

Original review: May 22, 2020

Storage over garage, structural analysis. I sent out details on my project and received 4 inquiries. Hiring and obtaining the engineering analysis I needed was convenient. The project was completed in a timely and professional manner and I the price was fair. I would use HomeAdvisor again for a home improvement project.

Original review: May 22, 2020

Power Washing & Painting. Good Experience. Very Reliable service. I would use Home Advisor again in searching for home projects that I need completed. I like the fact that I can see many reviews of services in my area. Have had continuous success with your service.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I had responses within ten minutes of looking for a handyman. I needed a deck fixed and a bathroom floor redone. Was happy to get someone so quickly. I also am happy that the companies are vetted so I know I'm getting someone bonded and insured to do the work.

Original review: May 22, 2020

Cracked Corian countertop/replacement. Very pleased with HomeAdvisor. Connected me with the perfect company to replace my countertop. They did a great job. Was always on time. And kept me up to date on the progress. From ordering to fabricating the new countertops to installation.

HomeAdvisor author review by Joseph Truini

HomeAdvisor is a free online service that provides reviews and search tools for consumers to find home improvement professionals. The site also serves as an educational portal for home improvement projects.

• Profinder: HomeAdvisor provides an online search tool for finding remodeling professionals based on ZIP code.

• True Cost Guide: The website offers kitchen remodeling guides that outline the costs broken down into categories. Some guides also offer suggestions for how to save money.

• Design Mine: This Pinterest-like tool allows consumers to save, share and organize photos of designs. In addition, consumers can connect with professionals who have experience building in the favorite style of the consumer.

• Financing: HomeAdvisor works with a third party to obtain financing for kitchen remodel projects.

• Reviews: The site hosts more than five million reviews of professionals and has been used by more than 30 million homeowners.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

HomeAdvisor Company Information