Call toll free
4.66/5
Based on 5,338 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeAdvisor is a digital marketplace connecting millions of homeowners with the company’s vast network of service professionals to complete home improvement projects. Homeowners can find and vet local, prescreened home service professionals; view average home project costs using True Cost Guide; and instantly book appointments online and more.

HomeAdvisor Gallery (4)
Top Workplaces 2014
Top 100 Digital COmpanies in Colorado
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

18048 HomeAdvisor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I was having a difficult time hiring a residential electrician, and when the visiting sister stumbled upon a HomeAdvisor website, not really know what to expect as a first time user, to my surprise, a month long problem got fixed in 1 hr. Definitely, will recommend to a friend who is looking to have his house rewiring due to a house fire.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Shutter repair - We were told about this service and decided to give it a try. We were very pleased with results. We were very happy with the company, Oasis Shutters, that they recommended. Communication was excellent. We were able to choose our date and what was convenient for us.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Customer service rep was very helpful and courteous. Tree service we decided upon did an excellent job. Another good experience using HomeAdvisor to locate a pre-screened and well-reviewed service provider. We have used Home Advisor to find providers for power washing services, brick sealing, plumbing services, and gutter installation among other things and have been happy with the quality of the providers to whom we have been referred. We will definitely continue to use Home Advisor in the future.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Yard clean up - I had a positive experience with Home Advisor. I was contacted by a professional in a timely manner. My advisor was professional and courteous. I would contact Home Advisor again if I ever need a home project. I also would recommend Home Advisor to family and friends.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

HomeAdvisor found me three quality movers and the one I selected, Adams Moving and Hauling, did an excellent job. They also located a local hauler to remove old appliances on short notice so the move could go off without a hitch. Thank you...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Plumbing - I didn't know who to contact and I remembered the radio ad. Looked them up on line and shortly I had a list of techs with reviews, ready to do the work that same day. My job was an emergency and it was taken care of the same day and at a great price. Thank you, Home Advisor.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Very large stump and many roots coming out of the ground. It took less than two hrs to remove. The price was very good. The clean up was very good, no mess was left. Would recommend him to anyone. It's a no-brainer.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Replaced cracked bricks & mortar. Excellent job by Constructo. Omar gave a quote, matched the brick & completed the job quickly. Professional company & would recommend to anyone. Home Advisor’s suggestion for this company was excellent. I would rate them #1.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I had diagnosed the issue to a bad ECM on the blower. It would turn when commanded but would never speed up. So I went online and the first company suggested by HomeAdvisor and they were excellent and made the repair the first time for what I thought was a reasonable price.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Lawn clean up pros. Great references, call back to verify I had made contact with the pro I selected. I rely on Home Advisor for many services and have been pleased with all referrals. This company responded within minutes of the time I submitted the referral and came out for an estimate that afternoon. The work was performed the next day.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Landscaping that included the planting of eight mature trees, multiple grasses and ornamentals, rock and poly edging, and rock filled beds. I connected to a good provider of the services shortly after submitting the request, the work was done quickly, and I was pleased with the outcome.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Home Advisor found 3 options for me to call. Two responded quickly but the other did not respond to my call at all. I was pleased with the choice I made and would use your service again. The lady from Home Advisor was courteous and helpful.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I trust Home Advisor when it comes to finding quality professionals. When I have attempted to find electricians on my own, I have not been successful in finding reliable ones. Home Advisor gives me a list of top-notch professionals and the number one recommendation usually contacts me first. I highly recommend Home Advisor.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Home Sweet Renovations provided top-notch service -- they showed up on time, were efficient, did a good job, and cleaned up after themselves. The estimate was on target and the cost for the job was very fair. Pat and Ted are true professionals.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Precise 5 star rated recommendations, excellent source of all home project contractors in specific areas, and arrange contacts free of charge, I would highly recommend for all your home projects big or small, and follow-up, and reviews are second to none. HomeAdvisor will always be my online go to company to verify reputable contractors in any given area in confidence.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I scheduled an appointment with an excellent plumber. The plumber promptly responded to my emergency. The work was completed at a good price. I will only use HomeAdvisor for future home repairs and remodeling.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

This company was professional, timely and efficient. They kept the premises clean and presentable at all times. The men were well-mannered and pleasant to be with. I would definitely hire them again for another project and recommend those that ask who power washed and painted our house.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

When I contacted HomeAdvisor for the first time, I wasn't aware of how their system worked. I didn't know that every company contacted had to pay a fee even if they were not chosen and that fee was passed on to the customer. So I was paying more for services than I normally would. Granted, I am paying for their experts in their fields but I would choose an alternate route next time. The company is run well and they are helpful and friendly to work with but I don't like their policies.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Some communication issues early on, and not sure how they came about. After connecting with vendor I ultimately chose to use, I got repeated calls from him, as it appeared that my ticket was still open. I assume I had something to do with that but couldn’t say for sure. All turned out right in the end.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Technician installed recessed lighting in my kitchen. He also installed new switches so that we could dim the lights. He did make several trips to the local Home Depot to purchase additional materials to complete the work. He arrived on time and completed the work within the time frame he said he would have it done. He cleaned up well after completing the work and said if we experience any problems to contact him. He left us a copy of the receipt and his business card.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Restretch carpeting that had been pulled up when it got wet. Communications were good. Cost was reasonable. Service was performed on time and well done. I would use HomeAdvisor again when I had work to be performed and I recommend them to others.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Somehow, the phone number that the contractor received from HomeAdvisor was quite different from my phone number. Thus, when the contractor tried to call me, he could not reach me. It would be better if HomeAdvisor did not act as the intermediary in setting up jobs. Give us your recommendations and let us contact the contractors directly to avoid these delays and confusions.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

HomeAdvisor made finding the right company for my job quick and easy. I was contacted by companies within an hour after searching for them and found a good deal for my work. It was much better than if I went with previous companies. I will definitely use HomeAdvisor again for my future household needs.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

HomeAdvisor is always prompt with suggestions of Pros to do the job I am needing done. So far I have been very satisfied with the Pros I have chosen to use. The Pros are always in fairly close proximity to my home so it doesn't take too long for them to come by.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I had an emergency plumbing issue. I found the HomeAdvisor site easy to use. I used one of their listed plumbers and was well pleased with the work. HomeAdvisor called to make sure I'd found a plumber, and then to make sure I was satisfied with the work. HomeAdvisor will be my 'go to' company when I need any home services. I am confident they are reliable in their referrals and have we been happy with their services on the two occasions we've used them.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Window Cleaning - Received a response within a few hours. Got a great contractor to do the work. Have used HomeAdvisor for several projects... all successful. Every contractor hired performed to expectations. Have recommended HomeAdvisor to many friends. Excellent source for all kinds of home projects.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

MG Flooring was certainly 5 stars! Highly recommended. Mr. ** was very professional, knew his trade very well, as well as, how to use and mix stain colors. The job was very clean, left the room perfectly and the rest of the home was not at all affected by the sanding.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

HomeAdvisor has offered invaluable help in location trusted professionals to repair and/or replace damaged items to my home after a major hailstorm. In this case they offered recommendations for replacement windows and skylights. We have used HomeAdvisor for locating home repair and/or installation projects and always appreciated a rated guide to professional service.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We got referrals through Angie's List/HomeAdvisor of contractors to do a bathroom addition. The contractor we hired had 4+ star ratings and reviews on HomeAdvisor. Well into the project, which was problematic because of multiple workmanship defects, we learned that the company had dissolved 4 months prior to contracting with us and, therefore, their license was invalid. The contractor never disclosed this fact to us. We also learned that the crew working on our project were unlicensed and that there was no licensed professional supervising them. When I tried to post a review on HomeAdvisor, with the hope that others would not be victim to this scam, HomeAdvisor would not post my review because their policy is not to post any reviews that refer to illegal activity. I would not trust HomeAdvisor's screening of contractors, or the ratings and reviews posted.

HomeAdvisor response

Hi Nancy, We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We’re happy to investigate into this matter further and your information has been forwarded to the department that handles reviews. If there is anything else, we can do to assist you please feel free to reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out. -HASupport

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We are very pleased with the fast reply to hire someone. We had a company resurface our pool and they did not tell us what do after pool was finished. Gary fixed the problem today and that will be ongoing until he finishes with it. Very impressed using Home Advisor and we were able to hire right on the spot and will have him for our pool maintenance person.

HomeAdvisor expert review by Joseph Truini

HomeAdvisor is a free online service that provides reviews and search tools for consumers to find home improvement professionals. The site also serves as an educational portal for home improvement projects.

• Profinder: HomeAdvisor provides an online search tool for finding remodeling professionals based on ZIP code.

• True Cost Guide: The website offers kitchen remodeling guides that outline the costs broken down into categories. Some guides also offer suggestions for how to save money.

• Design Mine: This Pinterest-like tool allows consumers to save, share and organize photos of designs. In addition, consumers can connect with professionals who have experience building in the favorite style of the consumer.

• Financing: HomeAdvisor works with a third party to obtain financing for kitchen remodel projects.

• Reviews: The site hosts more than five million reviews of professionals and has been used by more than 30 million homeowners.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for additional tools and services, such as finding professionals.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

HomeAdvisor Company Information