It's that easy Request Information
4.38/5
    2068
Based on 2,609 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeAdvisor is a digital marketplace connecting millions of homeowners with the company’s vast network of service professionals to complete home improvement projects. Homeowners can find and vet local, prescreened home service professionals; view average home project costs using True Cost Guide; and instantly book appointments online and more.

HomeAdvisor Gallery (4)
Top Workplaces 2014
Top 100 Digital COmpanies in Colorado
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

19202 HomeAdvisor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 30, 2019

The plumber was polite, punctual and very professional. Our toilet was clogged. The issue was resolved quickly and the price was very reasonable. On the second call, He worked very carefully doing delicate work to repair some old kitchen pipes under my sink. He explained that because of the age of the pipes they could crumble and need major repair underneath my house. He knew I was on a fixed income. He hoped to avoid that expense for me. He even had the parts he needed with him. He also shared as he worked that he had experience repairing pipes like mine before. They are copper dating back to the 1950's.

This is the first time I remember a plumber being concerned about doing more than necessary. And as he worked with obvious skill, I realized that I was really glad that he was not a new plumber just starting out. On another call last Winter, I awoke to frozen pipes. I was filled with dread, imagining the worst case scenario. I called him. He suggested I do a few things and call him back if it didn't do the trick. Oh my gosh, it worked! I called him back overwhelmed with gratitude. One evening I watched the evening news report a story that undermined the credibility Of HomeAdvisor with a few unhappy customers. The odds of a few bad experiences out of thousands of good ones is to be expected. As I watched I realized that I had called my plumber three times within a year and a half being extremely happy with each repair, and I hadn't written even one review.

I am more than grateful to have the help of HomeAdvisor and their service has always been free. On my budget I couldn't have paid for that too. They do everything they advertise making sure the repairmen are skilled and credible. This does take time. I know this because I used to own a busy hair salon. I always met with three plumbers to get estimates whenever we needed work. I had to do my own research on each one. Only the BBB was available to get background information. And being a female business owner was the same as going to a mechanic as a single mom. I got taken advantage of unless I asked a male friend to go with me.

I shared this last part because I wanted to illustrate how priceless an honest skilled craftsman is. I changed it from repairman to craftsman after I watched my plumber carefully create new pipe to connect to old copper pipe that had crumbled. I may feel stress over something in my home needing unexpected repair. But I don't feel stress wondering if someone is skilled or honest, and not trying to pad the bill with repairs that aren't necessary. I will always call HomeAdvisor for any type of home repair.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I was out of town and discovered that I had water on my floor in the basement. So, I did not know who to call, and I remembered Home Advisor as a resource. So, I called and got the ball to rolling with quotes, and subsequently had someone to come out and repair the problem. It was an emergency and during the New Year's holiday weekend and everyone was off and closed. So, I contracted the plumbing company and they came and fixed the problem and got the water off the floor. Now, I will work with a mitigator to dry out my basement from the water in the walls. I will use Home Advisor for that problem as well. Hopefully, after the mitigator comes and dry out my basement, I should be back to normal in my basement. I am glad I rememebred to call Home Advisor to recitfy my home problem. I will continue to use Home Advisor for all my home needs and problems. They came through this time and I am most appreciative of their work and service.

Original review: July 7, 2018

My step dad had a front door in need of a new screen to keep outside kitties from getting in his home. Your service showed me 3 handymen services which I called and got answering machines on 2 and no answer on the third. The R&R Roofing Company received a call from your service letting them know I was in need of a handyman. While I was waiting for the others to call me back R&R called me to explain that they also offer handyman service and would be happy to come give me an estimate immediately. I accepted his estimate and the timeline I needed the work to be done was perfect.

The 2 other companies did respond to my calls, 1 does not work on weekends, the other text me a week later to find out if I would allow them to come out and give me an estimate. I have chosen not to call any of them again. Not Professional to not list hours of operation on your business or wait a week to text someone about work instead of calling them a couple of days to ask about the job needed. I appreciate the personal touch that R&R showed in calling me about the job and the way they present themselves on the job site.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I am so grateful to HomeAdvisor. Before I found your site, I ended up with contractors that took advantage of me, for years. Avenue Outdoors (John) is THE BEST HomeAdvisor lawn company. My husband had third heart attack and bought new lawnmower. Wanted to mow lawn in 98 degree weather. The lawn had not been mowed, edged, weed/trimmed anything in awhile. I called Avenue Outdoors (John) this past Friday afternoon and got John right away. He offered to come that same day Friday after my work at 5PM in the heat and traffic. He also offered that he could meet Saturday morning and asked which was best for me. I said Saturday morning, would be best and if I was ok with everything , he would complete the mowing job. He kept in touch and let me know he was on his way.

The yard was a mess, he went above and beyond, and did extra. His price for his kind professional dedicated true concern and hardwork was very affordable and reasonable. Please do not waste your time looking at HomeAdvisor for other lawn people, do yourself a favor and have (John) Avenue Outdoors take care of your yard, etc, he is the greatest. I found he also plows snow, and does repairs.

Original review: June 21, 2018

The first contact was from a garage door repair company who informed me that they would not do work on windows. From a second request to HomeAdvisor, a glass and door company replied and set an appointment for 10 am next morning. Approximately 45 minutes after the appointment No One showed up. In trying to call the number for the company I was routed to a voice mail from HomeAdvisor. I called HomeAdvisor and asked to contact the contractor. I was "patched through to the contractor," but he could not hear me.

I looked up the contractor and phoned him directly. He stated that he had been in his truck yesterday and did not record the appointment; therefore, no one showed up. He dispatched an employee from another location who arrived 1 hour and 27 minutes after the appointed time. The employee did excellent work and completed the job. This is the third time that HomeAdvisor has put me in touch with a vendor who did not show up without several communications beyond the initial agreed upon appointment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: May 24, 2019

This was my first experience using HomeAdvisor and I was very pleased with the process. It was a PRETTY SIMPLE process if you know how to use a smartphone, computer, or tablet. I would highly recommend trying their services.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I have used HomeAdvisor to find service professionals for my homes in Florida and Maryland over the past three months and have been greatly satisfied with the results. I was able to find and hire a tree trimmer in Florida, and an electrician in Maryland within one day of submitting a request for those services. In both cases, outstanding service was provided by these professionals at less than half the cost quoted by service providers on another popular online service request website. I highly recommend Home Advisor, and will use them again for future professional service needs.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Water heater replacement - I give this site four stars because it provided good results with a minimum of aggravation. The ease-of-use was above average. The results were local and provided immediate contact with the contractor. The experience allowed me to do additional research before making contact. I can recommend trying Home Advisor to people I know.

Original review: May 24, 2019

We hired 2 home pros through Home Advisor, and both were top notch. And I received a couple follow up calls checking on the progress of each project, which I appreciated. It’s nice to know that Home Advisor keeps tabs on the companies that they allow to be involved with their service.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I have used Home Advisor several times to find reliable and professional contractors and service personnel that have done outstanding work around my home. I like their friendly and courteous service. I have hired electricians, home repair contractors, and tree trimming services. Whatever I need done, Home Advisor has a specialist to complete the job.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Grout and Tile Cleaning - Unbelievable work ethic. These two men are incredible. My floors look like new. They do not use machines, they do everything on their hands and knees. Highly recommending this company does not seem adequate. Best work I have ever seen.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Quick response with high quality companies. Easy to create and submit a request. Once submitted I was contacted almost immediately. High quality and responsive companies were identified. I recommend this for all types of services.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I liked the fact that the people hired and available are experienced, pleasant, fair, honest, and did not waste any time. Professional is the word. The only negative is that the workman did not get notified by HA that an appointment was made, but I only found out by calling to confirm the appointment. That can be fixed.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Drywall repair - Only one contractors name came up in my search, but they responded quickly and did a good job at a reasonable price. Your website is very easy to navigate. I would recommend your website to anyone who needs to find a contractor.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Tree Removal - All companies that were referred to us were responsive. We just chose the one we felt was priced fairly, was licensed and insured and had proper equipment for the job. We will use HomeAdvisor in the future for our projects.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have used Home Advisor for my mother roofing project in another state. The roofing company was amazing according to my mother. The pros of Home Advisor have been outstanding. I have recently hired another Home Advisor's pro to do a fencing project at my home.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Business owner came to my home personally for the estimate. Professional, showed up on time, was friendly and knowledgeable. The cleaning team swooped in to the rescue, armed with cleaning tools and products. Did a great job, under less than ideal conditions. Will definitely hire again. Thank you, Powerful Team!!!

Original review: May 22, 2019

This was my second time using HomeAdvisor and with both projects I was completely satisfied. Both Pros I used were very professional, did great work, and were reasonably priced. A customer service rep even called me to see how my experience was going and I thought that was a nice touch. I will definitely use Home Advisor for my next home project.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I am very happy with HomeAdvisor, I use them all the times, I recommended to my daughter with an electrician, and she was very please using HomeAdvisor, and have the opportunity to compare prices.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Trusted Referral. We used this website for suggested companies for sprinkler repair need. We contacted the business for an estimate, within the hour the company repaired our sprinkler. We will definitely refer to the web site for future recommendation.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I rely on HomeAdvisor to help me research the best options for our projects. We bought a fixer-upper and have many projects going at once. My husband and I both work full time so when something makes more sense to bid out than do ourselves HomeAdvisor gets us quick quotes from reputable contractors who communicate the way we need them to. We've had almost entirely 4 or 5 star experiences in the two years we've used HomeAdvisor.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Our house really needed to be deep cleaned, and the thought of trying to do it myself was overwhelming. Donna came in and just took care of it! Our house looks like new! We've hired her to continue to clean for us!

Original review: May 22, 2019

Needed a "pro" for emergency tree removal. Home Advisor leads helped us find the right pros. Will definitely count on Home Advisor in the future. Needed a "pro" for emergency tree removal. Home Advisor leads helped us find the right pros. Will definitely count on Home Advisor in the future.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I have used HomeAdvisor several times and each time I have have hired one of the referrals they were great. I will keep using this service each time I need work done around my home. I have used them to locate plumbers, a handyman, landscapers and a general carpenter. I like the fact that the professionals can contact you through text and email. It is a wonderful service and without them and the reviews they publish I don't think I would have had the work done as professionally and within budget.

Original review: May 22, 2019

The Web interface was very accurate to lead me of what I needed done. The choices were clearly defined and easy to select. Once defined, the contractor contacted me in a short time and provided great work.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Drywall repair - I have never had a bad outcome with the people I find on Home Advisor. I have had several different projects ranging from window cleaning to yard work. Whenever I have something I want done, I always look to them for the help I need. Thanks, Home Advisor for your website.

Original review: May 21, 2019

A/C Tune Up and maintenance - Kobella come on time and very friendly. Love those orange shoe slip being wore while going through all of components of our 18 years old A/C Unit. I wouldn't have done this any cheap cause those tools they have, wouldn't come handle occasionally. They were done in a good timely fashion. I was able to go to my appointment after they complete this job.

Original review: May 21, 2019

The only complaint I have is that you list professional business names of companies you recommend. I have used your website twice and both times, I did not receive an invoice from the company in the name you had listed on your website and was asked both times to make check payable to an individual. It don't feel that is a good way for you for represent your recommendations.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Very fast contact from the two local contractors identified. Within minutes they made contact to me. The first contact provided me his quote but also provided me help with establishing a temporary fix to my problem. The product he used so far has done the job and prevented further damage to my roof.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I now have a place I can rely on the quality and service of the contractors offered by HomeAdvisor. This is my second time using them and have never been disappointed with the contractors that were available/recommended by HomeAdvisor. Thank you!!!

HomeAdvisor expert review by Joseph Truini

HomeAdvisor is a free online service that provides reviews and search tools for consumers to find home improvement professionals. The site also serves as an educational portal for home improvement projects.

• Profinder: HomeAdvisor provides an online search tool for finding remodeling professionals based on ZIP code.

• True Cost Guide: The website offers kitchen remodeling guides that outline the costs broken down into categories. Some guides also offer suggestions for how to save money.

• Design Mine: This Pinterest-like tool allows consumers to save, share and organize photos of designs. In addition, consumers can connect with professionals who have experience building in the favorite style of the consumer.

• Financing: HomeAdvisor works with a third party to obtain financing for kitchen remodel projects.

• Reviews: The site hosts more than five million reviews of professionals and has been used by more than 30 million homeowners.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for additional tools and services, such as finding professionals.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

HomeAdvisor Company Information