Call toll free
4.57/5
Based on 4,141 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HomeAdvisor is a digital marketplace connecting millions of homeowners with the company’s vast network of service professionals to complete home improvement projects. Homeowners can find and vet local, prescreened home service professionals; view average home project costs using True Cost Guide; and instantly book appointments online and more.

HomeAdvisor Gallery (4)
Top Workplaces 2014
Top 100 Digital COmpanies in Colorado
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

18519 HomeAdvisor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Introduced me to a choice of Home Inspection providers that I would not have found otherwise. I contacted each of the (3) provided and picked the one that made the best first impression. The decision worked out to a pleasing result. Thank you, HOME ADVISOR!!!

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

First time using HomeAdvisor to find a contractor to work for me. I would definitely use this service again in the future if I am sure to get professionals like the one I found. I feel a little more secure knowing that Home Advisor requires background checks so I don't have to worry about hiring an unlicensed/uninsured contractor.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

HomeAdvisor helped me find a reliable Handyman company and one-time house cleaning service. I appreciate the number of recommendations made, as it gave me options for the work I needed done. I will definitely use Home Advisor in the future.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I am a Realtor in the Tri-state Area. Due to all the rain that we have had, I was not able to get a roofer. However, I needed one immediately for my client. When I seen John's profile, I called immediately. He called and came the next day and looked at my roof and determined that it was the flashing. He had job done in 2 days!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Very fast response with the professionals I needed. HomeAdvisor gave me 2 recommendations of which I found the perfect credentials, equipment, crew and price. I will be using them again for future projects. I'm sure I'll get the same great results, I would recommend HomeAdvisor to friends and family. I will also be using the tree removal company I found through them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

They recommend very reliable People. I was very satisfied with the AC people that I hired to do my air-conditioning work. Very reliable and honest and trustworthy. This air supply company that I used I paid them in full because my wife and I were working and my daughter was here to oversee the work so I had to pay them on my credit card. They gave me a bill that’s it paid in full and do you said they would be back Saturday to do the work and believe it or not they were. They came Saturday morning around 10:00 and finish around 3:30. Good work. Very happy. Thank you Air Supply.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Referral called immediately and replaced well pump and pipes next day. Fast and fair pricing. Definitely recommend for fast quality service. Found on Home Advisor and showed good reviews. Called me back immediately and set appointment for next day. Very fair and honest.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I have used Home Advisor for two projects - gutter cleaning and power washing, and a few odd jobs (painting, light installation) and am highly satisfied with the pros that were suggested for the work, as well as the work that was accomplished. I will be using the services again for future projects.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I had an after-hours plumbing emergency. I received help very quickly. I'm very pleased. I had a water extraction company here to pump the water out of my basement and couldn’t get to their next client until I could get a new sump pump in because water was literally pouring into the sump pump hole. I think the people who needed the water extractors after me appreciated the prompt service I received, too.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I am a retired government worker and I maintain a single family home built in the 1940s. Needless to say, repairs on this house takes very knowledgable individuals and I have never had a bad recommendation so far. I am very pleased with this service and it is perfect for an inexperienced person like myself on a tight budget.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Good job was done by the company I selected from the HomeAdvisor choices. I always use Home Advisor to select a company for jobs around the home. I also like their program of sending a check to me for every three jobs I use them.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Texas Appliance Repairman answered my request for service within two minutes. He told me he could come to my home the same day between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.. He promptly arrived within the time he said and immediately got to work. He found the problem right away. He noticed that the problem was minor, he fixed it and stated that since the repair was nominal, so was the fee -- in fact, he said, "No need to charge you for unnecessary parts, when all you need to do is clean this and that... and be done." Within a few minutes, the microwave that had been broken for a few days was working. My husband and I are very happy with his work, price and attitude. I will certainly call Texas Appliance Repair again if another appliance goes on the fritz! Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Made finding a good and qualified plumber very quick and easy. The repair was completely finished less than 20 hours after the problem occurred. That included the time it took to pull up the HomeAdvisor website.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

John and Ken from Glass Local responded immediately to our need for emergency window repair on an old metal frame window. They gave us an immediate quote, communicated well, and made a quality repair within 24 hours (in miserable weather). I'm a very happy customer!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I didn't find these people thru Home Advisor. My only experience with Home Advisor was with a prior job where FedEx ran over my mailbox, my fencing and my yard. I went into Home Advisor to find a person who could fix all the problems but, as soon as I said fencing in my description. It popped me into fencing contractors. Very restrictive!!! That and your backwards rating choices are a problem.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

He called us within 5 minutes of the request and did a great job. This is my first time using Home Advisor and it worked perfectly. The worker that came out was very nice and did more than what he charged us for.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Clogged drain, plumber needed. HomeAdvisor is a great resource. You can quickly find the help you need and know that the recommendations are reliable, fair and honest. You are able to quickly locate local companies and read reviews from other customers before you make any commitments for service. HomeAdvisor follows up with email text or phone calls.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I Am Speechless! If you’re looking for flawless and outstanding work, look no further. My experience from start: the estimate (no hidden charges); the quality and thoroughness was beyond expectations.) Hector and his crew were the consummate professionals. Work was top notch and did more than I expected, ensuring our house was beyond insulated. They didn’t even take a break and the cleanup was amazing! No room for improvement—they’re the best.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Easy to navigate through site to find contractors in my area. Only one responded though and his rate for my job was what my husband and I could afford. Thank you very much. That is all I have to say about it.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I had never used HomeAdvisor in the past but I certainly well for the future. My choice of company I used turned out to be reliable, professional and got the job done! HomeAdvisor rep also called me to follow up on how our service was!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

This was my first time using HomeAdvisor and I will definitely use them again. The process was easy. I received 4 pros to make a decision about and found the perfect one. I have some other projects to complete and I will search for a pro using this service.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

My inquiry and request was completed online. There was a large number of professionals to choose from after my initial request. After receiving several calls, I chose Accel for my project. My project was completed on time as promised. I will use HomeAdvisor for all of my future home projects.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

This service worked well. They connected me with the appropriate one time cleaning service, which I may continue to use. Workers were easy to communicate with for scheduling and were on time for the job. I will use again if in search of other services or projects for my home or property.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

This is the second time I have used Home Advisor, the first was for an appliance repair & the second was for plumbing. I was especially pleased with both experiences. I will definitely use them again & recommend them to friends.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I’ve been using Home Advisor for a couple years. I find the service helpful as I don’t have to locate service providers for my home projects on my own. Once I submit my project, I get a list of qualified companies to choose from.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

HomeAdvisor has always been able to help me when I have needed something done around the house. It is my “go to” website for service providers. I have used them in the past and will continue to do so.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Great service! Used previously for plumbing and possible dryer repair, and using again for foundation issue. Like the format and automated e-mail follow-ups are helpful. Great suggestions and reviews! Will continue to use in the future and will be the first site I turn to in my searches for various home improvement, troubleshooting, and other projects. Like the number and variety of categories to choose from.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I had a previous repairman tell me that this washer needed a 200 dollar repair job. The fix involved merely an adjustment to the level of the washing machine... He could have charged me for an unnecessary repair that I would have been unaware of. This repairman is above all, honest and trustworthy.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Removal of sofa and Love seat. While there were 3 companies that responded - only 1 returned my calls and that is the company I went with. Not sure why you would be listed if you are not interested in my business. Perhaps it was not a big enough job. If that is the case, it would be useful to know what the scope of work is before I waste my time reaching out. I was specific on what I wanted done.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The company makes a big selling point of being free to the customers but doesn't tell them that it charges a fee to the contractors for every call whether they get the job or not. I was charged for multiple calls for services not related to my business. The company would not remove these charges after I brought this fact to their attention so I stopped using this service. And yes, my profile and information was accurate for my business but that did not stop HomeAdvisor from charging me anyway. For me this was a total scam.

HomeAdvisor expert review by Joseph Truini

HomeAdvisor is a free online service that provides reviews and search tools for consumers to find home improvement professionals. The site also serves as an educational portal for home improvement projects.

• Profinder: HomeAdvisor provides an online search tool for finding remodeling professionals based on ZIP code.

• True Cost Guide: The website offers kitchen remodeling guides that outline the costs broken down into categories. Some guides also offer suggestions for how to save money.

• Design Mine: This Pinterest-like tool allows consumers to save, share and organize photos of designs. In addition, consumers can connect with professionals who have experience building in the favorite style of the consumer.

• Financing: HomeAdvisor works with a third party to obtain financing for kitchen remodel projects.

• Reviews: The site hosts more than five million reviews of professionals and has been used by more than 30 million homeowners.

• Best for: Homeowners looking for additional tools and services, such as finding professionals.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

HomeAdvisor Company Information

1999
14023 Denver West Parkway
Golden
CO
1-(877)-800-3177
www.homeadvisor.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.