2.50/5

Looking for a pest control company?

Bulwark Exterminating

Looking for a pest control company?

Bulwark Exterminating Reviews

Original review: July 5, 2019

8:47 prompt is what I expected and first impression met. Secondly, in house and did most professional job ever for inside home. Easy to talk to. Did crawl space and got down any spider webs outside. Did 2 areas outdoors. One at house and other away from house to stop spiders, ants, centipedes, crickets and earwigs. The water bugs on several occasions was what we had. Will say nothing but excellent to everyone I see. My husband agrees 100%. Josh ** was technician.

Original review: June 15, 2019

We are on a regular contract with Bulwark. We always request Rick **. Rick is very professional and does an excellent. Rick lets us know what time he will be there. Rick always asks if there are any other issues we need taken care of. Rick is Great. We We give 5 stars rating. Jim **. Corpus Christi, Citrus Valley.

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We hired Bulwark for our commercial property and could not be happier. On each visit the territory manager checks to make sure if we have any questions or concerns before starting the treatment. Over the past few years we have seen a substantial decrease in the problems we were having with the former pest control company. Great job!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Have had Bulwark Exterminating company come out numerous times to treat fire ants. Their policy after a paid treatment they will come out again if you see any more insects. Had our yard treated on a Wednesday and Thursday evening I took pics of 21 active fire ant hills. 1 of these hill had granules on it and seemed to be dead. Do not like to have to keep calling and scheduling someone to come back out. Also while taking pics of the active fire ant hills I got a tick on me. Got a pic of this as well. Would not recommend this company!!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I signed up with Bulwark only because we had a tech that was doing door to door soliciting. He had good selling points, as expected, to sell the bi-monthly service. One selling point that got my attention was that he stated when the tech comes out to spray the inside of the house they spray inside the outlets. He said they take off the outlet and spray inside the walls, which to me was a selling point. So, we signed up. The first initial visit was a few days after. The tech came inside and began to spray and I asked him if he was going to take off the outlets and spray in the wall like I was informed. He said no, they don't do that.

I asked why would they say that if they didn't do it and his reply was that they say that to sell. Then they started to show up unannounced to spray after I asked them not to come out unless I scheduled an appointment. The final straw was today. They took the $79 out of my account when they didn't even perform any services. I have cameras that showed 2 of their techs coming to my house and leaving in their trucks right after I talked to them through my camera! I called to report this issue and EMILIO was not helpful at all!!! ** company and ** customer service!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bulwark Exterminating?

Original review: June 19, 2019

FRAUD! BEWARE! These guys clearly have a habit of skipping scheduled appointments and charging you for service they did not perform. In April 2019 these guys NO-SHOWed for their first initial spray. I was able to call them in the same day after waiting for 5 hours at home on a work day and rescheduled. Cool, no problem... Now in June 2019. I got a text appointment reminder for a second spray. NO SHOW for the whole day. Thank goodness I have cameras around my property and knew these guys didn't show up. I was planning on calling them the next day to report the NO SHOW.

Next day, at 6:27 am, they charged me $118.37 for the service they didn't perform. This is FRAUD. I don't know where all these glowing reviews are coming from... The guy who eventually showed up at my first rescheduled visit was good, but there are clearly technicians who are skipping appointments and marking the jobs as completed. BEWARE OF THESE FRAUDSTERS and check your credit card bills!

Original review: May 6, 2019

I have been using Bulwark for 3 yrs now. And now I'm looking for a new pest company. Major billing and scheduling issues with very poor communication. I was recommended by my sister and after using them for a while I turned my mom onto them. They used to be a great company, but things have changed over the last few months. They show up to your house unannounced for your bi-monthly service. If you're not there for them to treat your house they still charge you the full 79$ even though they didn't do any treatments. I called and expressed my frustration and reluctance to pay it but told them I would pay it and just cancel my acct with them. They couldn't care less. Took my money and cancelled my acct. Realized thru that, that they don't value their long term customers.

Original review: April 13, 2019

We’ve had their services for about a year or so. First they were scheduled for quarterly service and it was a fine system. Then they started coming out more frequently than quarterly. So I called and asked about getting us back on schedule. Why would you exterminate when it’s pouring rain, which I told them not to come out.

Next they leave no bill and mysteriously they have lost my payment information and wasn’t taking payment out at time of service. I never received any type of bill from Bullwark at all during these last 6 months, thinking it was all good. Next phone call is a request for payment. The shop in Shertz is a joke!! They like to wait until balance is up and demand payments. Lol. I’m paid in full and will never request their services again!! They are not customer service oriented at all. They are the typical company that doesn’t care, another customer will fill yours or my shoes quickly. I will voice my opinion of their company to whom I wish, when I wish!! Just stay away from them if at all possible!! I haven’t had a receipt on my door since the beginning!! Watch out for that also!! If you're not home they cannot be trusted on the billing information!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

This company knocked on my door in Hoschton, Georgia to sell pest control services. After pointing out some spiders, I paid him to spray once. He apparently changed my status to recurring and then showed up without an appointment, sprayed the outside, and then proceeded to bill me. When I called the office, they said a manager would call me back, but never did. The Past Due Notices they continue to send me don't have a phone number on them but expect me to send $79 to Queen Creek, AZ.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

You sign up for a 1 year service contract. The first service they have you schedule a time that works best for you. The service guy comes few minutes early and wait for you to open and will be super nice! Talk to you about different bugs they'd seen and walk around every corner of your home - removes each power receptacles by the outer wall spray with a can, treat all windows, go around your property outside with a hose and does such a detail job to impress that you got the best contract! Now fun starts. No longer check with you or allow you to schedule a time that works best for you. You will be "notified" day before that they will treat your property tomorrow with no specific time. You come home and the receipt waits at your doorknob.

Couple of months gone, you notice bugs are laughing at you and now you become suspicious and want to be around when this nice guy comes so you can show him those bugs. Ah, you got the text alert and you call them instead of texting back and complain of the bugs running around. With such curiousness they enquire you of bug you saw, have you describe and put a note to the nice guy so he can bring very specific pesticide - sure. :) You pretend on the appointment day that you're not home by just parking your car away from your property or in the garage. Bulwark Exterminating minivan pulls in, guy sit in his car and eat his lunch or talk on the phone, listen to radio for 10 mins... Get down with a printed receipt, hang it on your doorknob and take off!

You get pissed off and call immediately Bulwark Exterminating customer support and complain. The lady ask who you saw, how he looked, do you know his name... You say this is the nice guy and tell his name written in big bold letter on the side of the Bulwark Exterminating minivan. The lady says, "We actually received similar complains of him, will have someone else come to you at the earliest appointment." Now, there's no way to fight that you won't pay that bill. Because they owe you service and you still owe them money. You can fight all you want to cancel and complain, but you still owe the money for every monthly lunch visit and a receipt wait for you. :)

Supervisors call you and tell how good that nice guy is and ask do you have surveillance camera to show the proof. Poor you don't have the money saved to buy that but spending on Bulwark Exterminating - say no proof and the techy supervisor says, "I have proof. My meter read shows he treated 6 gallons of this & this." You tell, "No way, he not even got out his vehicle" - and supervisor guy tells you he should've done a "rain treatment" it's so quick, you won't even see.

Oh yeah, so... you're screwed now to listen to these craps. You tell, "I won't pay" and hang up. You get few missed calls, couple of voicemail to remind you that you owe money, they want to treat your property but you're the one not allowing. :) Your head spins now! You get letter from A.R.M Collection Company in CA that within 30 days you don't pay what you owe Bulwark Exterminating + collection fee we will damage your credit report. What do you do now? This is Bulwark Exterminating Business Model, especially in Raleigh/Wake Forest, NC area. Nice, right?

Bulwark Exterminating expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1999, Bulwark Exterminating is a family-owned pest control company that offers a variety of pest control services. The company was founded by brothers who had experience in pest control sales but realized no pest control company on the market offered a complete, 100% range of services for residential customers who needed them.

• Company reputation: Bulwark has been ranked as one of the Top 100 pest control companies in the entire country.

• Safety of products: Bulwark is known for using products with low toxicity, so it is safe for people to have these products in their homes.

• Variety of services: Bulwark offers a wide range of pest control services including treatment for ants, blood suckers, crickets, flying pests, roaches, rodents, spiders, and scorpions.

• Services: Bulwark Exterminating focuses mainly on pest control in homes.

• History: Bulwark Exterminating is less than 20 years old, which means the company has less experience than many of its more established competitors.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs