2.75/5
Based on 8 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a pest control company?

9 Bulwark Exterminating Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I have been a Bulwark customer for 5+ years. I moved out of the service address in September, 2017 and gave notice that I was vacating and asked for all services to be canceled. I was not informed that I had an outstanding balance of $44.50 for a service that I do not believe was completed. I never received any invoices or billing statements or phone calls from any representative regarding this issue. I received a collections notice from A.R.M. Solutions. Having received this notice, I immediately called the company and was told that I never paid my bill. It was not paid because I was not aware of it. I asked to speak with a manager on multiple occasions over multiple phone calls as it is not right for me to have been sent to collections without being given the chance to rectify the bill which was in error. A return call was never made to me.

On 01/04/18, I paid the $44.50 that was outstanding after not being able to receive a response from anyone in management. I received another collection notice on 01/26/18. Having received this, I called the collection agency directly and was informed that Bulwark had never reported to them that the charge had been paid. After completing that phone call, I called Bulwark and spoke to a customer service representative, who stated that the billing department probably "FORGOT" to tell the collections agency I had paid the balance of $44.50, again, for a service I do not believe was completed and was never informed of.

I asked the customer service representative to have a manager contact me to discuss this, and she said she would. I then received a callback from her an hour later stating that she had spoken to manager and the $15 fee that was incurred from them sending me to collections had not been paid and that they were unwilling to remove it. So, yet again, I was unable to speak to a manager. I am absolutely disgusted with this company and their customer service skills and am in complete disbelief that they would treat a long-standing customer is such a disrespectful manner.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I told Bulwark to come out and treat the inside of my house because they didn't do it the last time they were here. They have failed to do the inside the last few times they been here. I told him I wanted it done at no charge. They said fine but then all the sudden my warranty is up and they want to charge me. I pay hundreds of dollars every year. They're expensive. They're not worth it and that here's my notice, I will never do business with Bulwark pest-control again.

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2017

The service was fine until I wanted to cancel as our contract has been fulfilled. It took several phone calls to achieve this very simple cancellation. I explained to them repeatedly that I did not want the service as my son had lymphoma and I was not comfortable with the chemicals. This was not good enough. They wanted to offer me deals, I said no, so many times. I finally hung up on them. Pushy service people.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

Multiple visits, called them back several times, no results. I asked them to do kitchen cabinets but they did not seem to think they needed to. Sprayed some stuff from an aerosol can on the walls in strange spots, left. One guy sprayed around the outside, set some glue traps and left. They said I had to stay on monthly program to get rid of the critters. I finally called another company, they left and we swept up lots of bugs! They did not charge for the call-backs, but I saw no results for what they were doing. I was not happy with them and with holidays coming up, wanted the critters gone. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy! They did not even give them a good drunk, let alone kill any! Do not waste your money and time.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Bulwark customer service was above and beyond when it came to meeting my needs and expectations. Coached me through every step of the process. Bulwark prices seemed a little steep at first but once I understood the products and services being offered to me I realized why the prices are what they are. Bulwark's attention to detail was second to none. I had a serious scorpion infestation that had me worried but Bulwark came out and eliminated the problems. Bulwark feels like an extremely reliable company to do business with. They were prompt, on time, well versed and educated and got the job done to my satisfaction.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bulwark Exterminating?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

I am really grateful for the service that I received from this company. I was having issues with bugs keep coming into my house despite using sprays to kill bugs. Now I do not have to worry about bugs coming into my house. I like that the cost was a lot lower than what I had originally thought it was going to be. A lot of other companies who provides this type of service tend to run on the expensive side which I cannot really afford to pay at the moment. This company has very affordable prices. I love how I did not have to tell them where to spray. They had really gotten any area that I was concern that bugs would come into the house from. They really help me understand where the bugs were coming from when I told them my story. They are reliable company to work with. They came at the precise time that I requested an appointment. The services are very reliable as well, their products work efficiently and to my liking.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

Their customer service was great. They asked the right questions to get the right man for the job. He knew where to start and what to use to kill the bugs right away. He just looked at the problem and knew what he needed to do. The cost was good for the service. He was very straight to the point kind a guy. He was very good at it you could tell! It was worth the money. He paid great attention to detail of the problem and solved the infestation of bugs nice and neat, no mess nor damage to my home which I was very thankful for. The company was very reliable. They arrived when they said they would. I was very impressed and if you would know me you would know that I'm not easy to get impressed on anything.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

Their product helped me a bit but could've done better. They're just alright. It's cheap. I can afford the product and I could probably get like of them for like 15 dollars. So that's what I like about that. Their attention to detail could be a bit better. A little bigger to help people read. The reliability is alright. I don't need it that much coz there's not a lot of pest in my house.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2010

When I moved into my new home in April 2005, I was approached by a Bulwark representative about pest control. I thought it would be a good idea since we were moving into a neighborhood with lots of construction. I was told that there would be no contract and that they would come out every 3 months to spray inside and outside of my home. We kept their service for a couple of years with no problems. When I felt that we no longer needed their services, I called the office to cancel. The manager talked me into just putting the account "on hold", meaning that they would not come out and service (but also would not close our account) and we would have time to see if we did indeed want to cancel, or if we found that we had a pest problem once they stopped coming.

In November 2007 (while my account was "on hold"), I was at home from work and two gentlemen from Bulwark came out to service my home. I met them in the front yard and told them that my account was on hold and that I didn't want their services at this time. They said no big deal, sorry for the hassle, etc. Then I got a bill. I was not going to pay it, under any circumstance. I called and told them this. Apparently, they still didn't get their act together and sent someone out to service my home again and another bill comes, now for 2 service dates (one of which I sent the men away before they ever really got into my yard, and the other when I wasn't even home, so there was no way they performed a full service for which they charged me).

I again contacted the Bulwark corporate office in Phoenix, AZ and explained my situation. I received no response, but they did turn me over to collections. I get a statement every once in a while, but have yet to see one in the last six months. I do have an attorney that I will consult with should the collections company contact me again. It is absolutely ridiculous! And I have had no pest problems without their service. Be warned.

Bulwark Exterminating expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1999, Bulwark Exterminating is a family-owned pest control company that offers a variety of pest control services. The company was founded by brothers who had experience in pest control sales but realized no pest control company on the market offered a complete, 100% range of services for residential customers who needed them.

• Company reputation: Bulwark has been ranked as one of the Top 100 pest control companies in the entire country.

• Safety of products: Bulwark is known for using products with low toxicity, so it is safe for people to have these products in their homes.

• Variety of services: Bulwark offers a wide range of pest control services including treatment for ants, blood suckers, crickets, flying pests, roaches, rodents, spiders, and scorpions.

• Services: Bulwark Exterminating focuses mainly on pest control in homes.

• History: Bulwark Exterminating is less than 20 years old, which means the company has less experience than many of its more established competitors.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs