2.42/5

Looking for a pest control company?

Bulwark Exterminating

Looking for a pest control company?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Bulwark Exterminating Reviews

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

If I could give this company zero stars, I would! Not only did they send me a text the day before they were supposed to come out with no scheduled time, but 4 out of 5 times it was forecasted to rain. I almost always had to reschedule, and they only came inside two or three times. The last time they came over was for warranty work. A guy by the name of Steve text me to let me know he was on his way. I was on my way out the door, but waited till he got there to let him know I needed him to spray inside also. He said he wasn't aware he needed to spray inside but would take care of it for me. When he showed up he stated that he wouldn't be able to spray outside because something was broken or not working properly. He said we would have to reschedule an exterior spray.

I advised him that my dogs were put away and he could go inside where my 18yo son would be able to let him in. There was a note on our account to not go into the back bedroom due to our cats being in there... What did Steve do anyways? He went into the bedroom and didn't close the door all the way. Once he left my son let the dogs out of his room and they found their way into my bedroom. I got a call about 30 mins later saying that our cat was dead. Thanks to Steve not reading the note on our account I now have one less animal. I tried reaching out to Steve to let him know what happened. He told me he could have his supervisor call me the next day. No apology or anything.

I am saddened by the loss of my pet/family member. And thoroughly disgusted with the lack of empathy from this company. A simple apology would have been nice. I let my husband handle the cancelation phone call in late October, and figured it was handled...until today. I received a phone call stating that they needed to discuss my account with me. I am now seeing red, and will be contacting their corporate representatives. I highly recommend finding a different exterminating company if you are looking for a reliable, honest and empathetic professional company.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Have had Bulwark Exterminating company come out numerous times to treat fire ants. Their policy after a paid treatment they will come out again if you see any more insects. Had our yard treated on a Wednesday and Thursday evening I took pics of 21 active fire ant hills. 1 of these hill had granules on it and seemed to be dead. Do not like to have to keep calling and scheduling someone to come back out. Also while taking pics of the active fire ant hills I got a tick on me. Got a pic of this as well. Would not recommend this company!!!

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I signed up with Bulwark only because we had a tech that was doing door to door soliciting. He had good selling points, as expected, to sell the bi-monthly service. One selling point that got my attention was that he stated when the tech comes out to spray the inside of the house they spray inside the outlets. He said they take off the outlet and spray inside the walls, which to me was a selling point. So, we signed up. The first initial visit was a few days after. The tech came inside and began to spray and I asked him if he was going to take off the outlets and spray in the wall like I was informed. He said no, they don't do that.

I asked why would they say that if they didn't do it and his reply was that they say that to sell. Then they started to show up unannounced to spray after I asked them not to come out unless I scheduled an appointment. The final straw was today. They took the $79 out of my account when they didn't even perform any services. I have cameras that showed 2 of their techs coming to my house and leaving in their trucks right after I talked to them through my camera! I called to report this issue and EMILIO was not helpful at all!!! ** company and ** customer service!

Original review: July 5, 2019

8:47 prompt is what I expected and first impression met. Secondly, in house and did most professional job ever for inside home. Easy to talk to. Did crawl space and got down any spider webs outside. Did 2 areas outdoors. One at house and other away from house to stop spiders, ants, centipedes, crickets and earwigs. The water bugs on several occasions was what we had. Will say nothing but excellent to everyone I see. My husband agrees 100%. Josh ** was technician.

Original review: June 19, 2019

FRAUD! BEWARE! These guys clearly have a habit of skipping scheduled appointments and charging you for service they did not perform. In April 2019 these guys NO-SHOWed for their first initial spray. I was able to call them in the same day after waiting for 5 hours at home on a work day and rescheduled. Cool, no problem... Now in June 2019. I got a text appointment reminder for a second spray. NO SHOW for the whole day. Thank goodness I have cameras around my property and knew these guys didn't show up. I was planning on calling them the next day to report the NO SHOW.

Next day, at 6:27 am, they charged me $118.37 for the service they didn't perform. This is FRAUD. I don't know where all these glowing reviews are coming from... The guy who eventually showed up at my first rescheduled visit was good, but there are clearly technicians who are skipping appointments and marking the jobs as completed. BEWARE OF THESE FRAUDSTERS and check your credit card bills!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bulwark Exterminating?

Original review: June 15, 2019

We are on a regular contract with Bulwark. We always request Rick **. Rick is very professional and does an excellent. Rick lets us know what time he will be there. Rick always asks if there are any other issues we need taken care of. Rick is Great. We We give 5 stars rating. Jim **. Corpus Christi, Citrus Valley.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I have been using Bulwark for 3 yrs now. And now I'm looking for a new pest company. Major billing and scheduling issues with very poor communication. I was recommended by my sister and after using them for a while I turned my mom onto them. They used to be a great company, but things have changed over the last few months. They show up to your house unannounced for your bi-monthly service. If you're not there for them to treat your house they still charge you the full 79$ even though they didn't do any treatments. I called and expressed my frustration and reluctance to pay it but told them I would pay it and just cancel my acct with them. They couldn't care less. Took my money and cancelled my acct. Realized thru that, that they don't value their long term customers.

Original review: April 13, 2019

We’ve had their services for about a year or so. First they were scheduled for quarterly service and it was a fine system. Then they started coming out more frequently than quarterly. So I called and asked about getting us back on schedule. Why would you exterminate when it’s pouring rain, which I told them not to come out.

Next they leave no bill and mysteriously they have lost my payment information and wasn’t taking payment out at time of service. I never received any type of bill from Bullwark at all during these last 6 months, thinking it was all good. Next phone call is a request for payment. The shop in Shertz is a joke!! They like to wait until balance is up and demand payments. Lol. I’m paid in full and will never request their services again!! They are not customer service oriented at all. They are the typical company that doesn’t care, another customer will fill yours or my shoes quickly. I will voice my opinion of their company to whom I wish, when I wish!! Just stay away from them if at all possible!! I haven’t had a receipt on my door since the beginning!! Watch out for that also!! If you're not home they cannot be trusted on the billing information!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We hired Bulwark for our commercial property and could not be happier. On each visit the territory manager checks to make sure if we have any questions or concerns before starting the treatment. Over the past few years we have seen a substantial decrease in the problems we were having with the former pest control company. Great job!!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

This company knocked on my door in Hoschton, Georgia to sell pest control services. After pointing out some spiders, I paid him to spray once. He apparently changed my status to recurring and then showed up without an appointment, sprayed the outside, and then proceeded to bill me. When I called the office, they said a manager would call me back, but never did. The Past Due Notices they continue to send me don't have a phone number on them but expect me to send $79 to Queen Creek, AZ.

Bulwark Exterminating expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1999, Bulwark Exterminating is a family-owned pest control company that offers a variety of pest control services. The company was founded by brothers who had experience in pest control sales but realized no pest control company on the market offered a complete, 100% range of services for residential customers who needed them.

• Company reputation: Bulwark has been ranked as one of the Top 100 pest control companies in the entire country.

• Safety of products: Bulwark is known for using products with low toxicity, so it is safe for people to have these products in their homes.

• Variety of services: Bulwark offers a wide range of pest control services including treatment for ants, blood suckers, crickets, flying pests, roaches, rodents, spiders, and scorpions.

• Services: Bulwark Exterminating focuses mainly on pest control in homes.

• History: Bulwark Exterminating is less than 20 years old, which means the company has less experience than many of its more established competitors.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs