2. Homeowners

Orkin Pest Control

Orkin Pest Control
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.17/5

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I think Orkin pest control is a really professional Company, I have 1 cat and 3 dogs. I had flea protect for my animals but I guess for my cat it didn’t work because my cat came in the house and within a week or so we had fleas in our basement. We called Orkin and they came over and sprayed in the basement and put sticky traps down too and told us we had to leave our house for a few hours just so we wouldn’t smell the spray he used, so he told us I had to wash every blanket and comforter on every bed and vacuum a few times a day, the guy was a really nice guy very helpful. I would recommend This company.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Mark ** was the inspector. He was so helpful and so nice. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He could not have been better. One day prior to his inspection, I had found a black snake in my patio storage room. He looked through my storage room and patio and outside my patio, searching for signs of the snake. He found no signs but was so diligent in his searching. I was so impressed with him. Thankfully, his inspection also did not reveal any signs of termites. Thank you again, Mark. You were super!

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2019

This company are well educated on different types of bugs and insects. They do spread sufficient amount of spray and traps. I had terrible experiences with German cockroaches. This company gave me time to prepare my place before the actual process of their pesticide against these German cockroaches. They have reacted on a timely manner before these terrible pests multiply so quickly and spread the whole place.

Original review: June 4, 2019

We live in Miami Florida, I called yesterday to set up a Termite Inspection and they gave me an appointment for today, The Female Inspector called me this morning to let us know she was on her way, and arrived to our house within our appointment time range... We were very satisfied with her knowledge and professionalism. Thank God, we don't have Termites, but we sign up to have them fumigate our yard every two months... I hope we can continue with a positive

outcome in the future..Thank you Tania ** for a job well done..!

Miami, Florida

June 4 2019

Original review: March 16, 2019

Orkin treated bed bugs in my home. I paid them $2,100.00 for the whole home treatment (as they do not do a one room only treatment because they can’t guarantee the bed bugs will not run to other rooms. This costing more money in the long run). The Tech explained to me that I had the option of a one time treatment, which is only guaranteed for 30 days, or I had the option to add 1 year monthly follow ups, thus providing me a one year guarantee in case bed bugs ever return. Treatment was great and they followed up in 7 days to make sure bed bugs were gone and followed up Monthly after that. The Tech took the time to educate me about bed bugs and how easy it is for ANYONE (even myself) to come into my home and unknowingly have bed bug eggs or the adult bed bugs on their clothing, thus infesting my home again.

I’m so glad I chose to have the monthly follow up inspections/treatment for a whole year because I had out of town company who actually brought bed bugs back into my home again. Orkin was great... they sent the Tech out to treat my home again and since then I’ve had not other problems. It is definitely worth the money to have a one year added guarantee.

After all, it’s better to be proactive than reactive. My experience with Orkin was a great one and life saver. They never hesitated and sent the tech out right away to take care of the bed bug re-infestation problem. My experience has been WONDERFUL! And I will recommend Orkin to everyone. They stick by their word, are honest, and as a customer I can’t thank them enough! I rate them 5 stars (would rate them a 10 - but 10 is not available) as compared to any other pest control company. I will never use anyone other than Orkin for any of my pest control needs. Thank you Orkin for a job well done!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I paid every month for a service that I didn't get and they said it was my fault why I didn't get it even though they got their money. Avoid them. They are crooks. At least brads branch in Louisville KY Bluegrass Parkway.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I have asked for their service to help my dad get rid of his bed bug problem. They have sprayed and I've seen dead ones because of it, but they are still in his house. They refuse to spray every room no matter how much I say I want everywhere sprayed. When I stay with my one year old we're getting ate up and the exterminator has come by for a couple extra sprays and says he can't find anything and pretty much ignores us showing him bites and bugs we've caught. Getting a call or email back has been lacking and I am at the stage of requesting their money back guarantee so I can put it towards a company who's responsible and respectful enough to help its customer.

I'm beyond aggravated and setting my child with bites had hit a nerve they don't want to come across. I don't know if it's every Orkin or just the Columbus Ohio branch, but they've failed with no sympathy. We have also requested mice extermination and after one treatment it has shown no difference in our favor. If it's anything like the other treatment I'm expecting in a month's time my father will be evicted by the rats at this point. I spoke so highly of orkin to my father and end up as looking like a liar. Thanks orkin..

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

We hired Orkin as a pest prevention when we moved into our new home. We were assured that it would not affect our two cats. I lost one cat last week and came home to find the other had passed away as well. Both had been very dehydrated, the very thing the technician said the spray does to mice. I am very distraught over losing our babies. They should not have had to die like that. The advertisement states your pets are safe. They are not!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

We’ve had problems with the Georgia branch since we started with them. They’re very unprofessional and after billing us twice for the same month, they can’t give us our money back. Even corporate won’t help us! This is ridiculous. I’ve NEVER dealt with a company like this. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Before bedbug issue happened I got new bed frame, new mattress, new bedsheets. After 3 years staying in this house bedbug alert! Paid $1400+ to treat bedbug for 4 beds and sofas in the living room. The first day they came I feel peace knowing to get zero bedbugs. After 24 hours of treatments I found 2 bedbugs crawling. It’s okay they say. “Give it a couple days.” 2 days later I collect 3+ bedbug. 3 days later 5+bedbug. Called Orkin in Omaha Nebraska, they came and sprayed so I have to pay $90+ for the treatment again. Same issue as above after 3 days 6+ bedbugs on my new pillow. 5+ crawling on my bed.

Called Orkin on the 3rd month December 2019. They came on the 20th. Treated the issue. Sprayed. Less than 24 hours 3 bedbug dying. 2 days laters 8 bedbugs collected. 3 days later i saw a nest of bedbug on my pillow. As a medical professional we follow the instructions on how to prevent bedbug, instructions on what to do after the treatment to avoid the bedbug issue from happening but BEDBUGS won’t let me fall asleep! 3 months of treatment. After 1 day of treatment bedbugs came again.

Not sure about Orkin Pest Control?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right pest control company for you.

Orkin expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Orkin is one of the most popular and largest pest control companies in the world. The company serves businesses and residential property owners both across the country and internationally.

• Company reputation: Orkin is known as one of the leading experts in pest control. The company is more than 113 years old.

• Variety of services: Orkin offers a variety of pest control services, including termites, bed bugs, rodents, ants, roaches, spiders, scorpions, bees, ticks, mosquitoes, and more.

• Location of company: Orkin has locations across the world, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Central America, South America, the Middle East, Asia, the Mediterranean, Africa, the Caribbean, and Australia, so it’s a convenient option for customers across the world.

• Service: Because Orkin exists across the world, it’s hard to depend on consistent customer service. Representatives from location to location may differ due to different regional challenges, different managers, etc.

• Scheduling: Customers who need quick service from Orkin may experience delays and long wait times when trying to book an appointment.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners, commercial property owners

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team