Orkin Pest Control
3.49/5

Looking for a pest control company?

Orkin Pest Control

Looking for a pest control company?

552 Orkin Pest Control Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Mark ** was the inspector. He was so helpful and so nice. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He could not have been better. One day prior to his inspection, I had found a black snake in my patio storage room. He looked through my storage room and patio and outside my patio, searching for signs of the snake. He found no signs but was so diligent in his searching. I was so impressed with him. Thankfully, his inspection also did not reveal any signs of termites. Thank you again, Mark. You were super!

Original review: June 21, 2019

This company are well educated on different types of bugs and insects. They do spread sufficient amount of spray and traps. I had terrible experiences with German cockroaches. This company gave me time to prepare my place before the actual process of their pesticide against these German cockroaches. They have reacted on a timely manner before these terrible pests multiply so quickly and spread the whole place.

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2019

We live in Miami Florida, I called yesterday to set up a Termite Inspection and they gave me an appointment for today, The Female Inspector called me this morning to let us know she was on her way, and arrived to our house within our appointment time range... We were very satisfied with her knowledge and professionalism. Thank God, we don't have Termites, but we sign up to have them fumigate our yard every two months... I hope we can continue with a positive

outcome in the future..Thank you Tania ** for a job well done..!

Miami, Florida

June 4 2019

Original review: March 16, 2019

Orkin treated bed bugs in my home. I paid them $2,100.00 for the whole home treatment (as they do not do a one room only treatment because they can’t guarantee the bed bugs will not run to other rooms. This costing more money in the long run). The Tech explained to me that I had the option of a one time treatment, which is only guaranteed for 30 days, or I had the option to add 1 year monthly follow ups, thus providing me a one year guarantee in case bed bugs ever return. Treatment was great and they followed up in 7 days to make sure bed bugs were gone and followed up Monthly after that. The Tech took the time to educate me about bed bugs and how easy it is for ANYONE (even myself) to come into my home and unknowingly have bed bug eggs or the adult bed bugs on their clothing, thus infesting my home again.

I’m so glad I chose to have the monthly follow up inspections/treatment for a whole year because I had out of town company who actually brought bed bugs back into my home again. Orkin was great... they sent the Tech out to treat my home again and since then I’ve had not other problems. It is definitely worth the money to have a one year added guarantee.

After all, it’s better to be proactive than reactive. My experience with Orkin was a great one and life saver. They never hesitated and sent the tech out right away to take care of the bed bug re-infestation problem. My experience has been WONDERFUL! And I will recommend Orkin to everyone. They stick by their word, are honest, and as a customer I can’t thank them enough! I rate them 5 stars (would rate them a 10 - but 10 is not available) as compared to any other pest control company. I will never use anyone other than Orkin for any of my pest control needs. Thank you Orkin for a job well done!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

So many bad reviews and I will tell you why. The main reason is people are either impatient or have no money. They took less than 5 minutes. Problem solved. I have seen a decrease in just 4 hours. I live in apartment so I pretty much need them to come back often. Signed the longest contract for the cheapest price. Cancel anytime if needed. No fees. I just resign up if I need it again! Thanks for getting rid of the problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I choose Orkin for more than 2 years, at the beginning Orkin is a good company. But begin at 2019 they totally change. More than 2 years each time When tech finish the job I always pay by cash. But one month I receive a bill that show me I didn’t pay the fee. I try to call Orkin to make a appointment to come to my restaurant. They make a appointment with me but no call no show when the time due. I try to call Orkin so many times, tech always make a appointment with me, but still no call no show.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

We have been a customer of Orkin for almost 2 years. This past July they charged my credit card for 2 treatments that were not done, then show up 3 weeks after my SCHEDULED appointment to spray. I called numerous times, emailed and messaged with no reply, or call back. Spoke to the Gm ** who promised the manager would contact me later that day. Here we are 3 days later no call from manager nor a call back from the GM. I called for a retreat. Never contacted me back. Horrible company with even worse customer service. Please use a different company if you're looking for pest control.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

So I signed up for service May 2019. The tech came out introduced himself took my info and first payment, well he went out to spray the exterior of my home and was back inside less than 5 mins. My next service was scheduled for 8/3/2019. The tech had the nerves to text me and ask he could come Friday, I said, "No, I'm at work and my appt is set for Saturday at 2pm."

I get a call from a tech at 12:30 Saturday asking if he could come now. I said, "No, it's at 2pm." He said, "Well is anyone home where I can go now." I said, "No, but I'm on my way." He said, "How long..." Mmm excuse you!! My appt is at 2, he said that would not work for him. You're kidding me. I hung up so let's see how long it takes the Branch Manager, Greg ** to return my call so that I can cancel service as a new customer.. Orkin train these no customer service Techs on how to keep their JOB!!! Your service Sucks!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I was on a quarterly payment schedule for pest control....No advance warning as to when they would show up. When they did show their treatment was ineffective. Getting a live person to speak with is virtually impossible. I cancelled beginning the third quarter (July - Sept ). I received a letter that the account was past due even though they had deposited our check for the third quarter. I have invoices and cancelled checks showing we were up to date yet the agent insisted we had not paid. We cancelled and advised yet they still processed our payment. They apparently need the $135.00 more than their responsibility to provide accurate accounting which is apparently more inept then the home service attendants.

We really don’t care to further state our case even with concrete proof of payment. Our time is more valuable to us than endless time on hold trying to resolve a simple accounts payable issue. My hope is that those who are seeking pest control services read this review and look elsewhere. Hopefully they’ll lose more than $135.00 due us by not gaining another customer. There are many services out there that are professional and efficient.

Original review: July 27, 2019

After a week of bombing over and over for fleas and cleaning. I called this company and they assured me they would help me. But the guy came was suppose to do my whole house for fleas and yard and my mom was here... He was here for less than 30 minutes and maybe did my bedroom (IF he did it at all). I'm So so disappointed. They're suppose to come tomorrow at 8am but we will see :((( # still got fleas jumping on us :(.

Orkin expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Orkin is one of the most popular and largest pest control companies in the world. The company serves businesses and residential property owners both across the country and internationally.

• Company reputation: Orkin is known as one of the leading experts in pest control. The company is more than 113 years old.

• Variety of services: Orkin offers a variety of pest control services, including termites, bed bugs, rodents, ants, roaches, spiders, scorpions, bees, ticks, mosquitoes, and more.

• Location of company: Orkin has locations across the world, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Central America, South America, the Middle East, Asia, the Mediterranean, Africa, the Caribbean, and Australia, so it’s a convenient option for customers across the world.

• Service: Because Orkin exists across the world, it’s hard to depend on consistent customer service. Representatives from location to location may differ due to different regional challenges, different managers, etc.

• Scheduling: Customers who need quick service from Orkin may experience delays and long wait times when trying to book an appointment.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners, commercial property owners

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs