Orkin Pest Control
1.41/5
  • 1 star
Based on 54 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a pest control company?

Orkin Pest Control

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Dec. 27, 2017

461 Orkin Pest Control Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I had a infestation situation in a large home and didn't know where they all came from. Orkin explained roaches were travelers. With the many people in and out they can be in a purse, luggage, bag of clothes brought in the home. Never thought in 3 weeks I would be free of them. Orkin came in, educated me on what I need to do on my part. It was teamwork. No grease on the counters, stove, cabinets etc. Orkin explained that they feed off this... Food. Cracks I needed to seal the spaces. Behind the stove and refrigerator, I needed to make sure it to was spotless. The house from the looks looked very clean. But Orkin press his hands above the stove cabinets and show me how sticky it was. "Grease", he said. Then I pressed my hands and it was sticky with hard to see grease. So I pull out the stove and refrigerator and dishwasher. I washed down all cabinets until I could feel no grease. As Orkin told me to do.

I purchased clear sealer and sealed all cracks or openings. Orkin removed the electrical outlets and spray some type of mist. All vents were done this way with mist. Orkin exterminate the entire house. But his work was far from being done. This only kills the live ones, Orkin explains. The babies to be born are protected until they come out. I have a fear of bugs so Orkin came if I called them with no problem. A few times the first week because I called them and again the next week because I called them. They understood my fear and was there for me. In 3 to 4 weeks they were all gone. You could find a bug or roach anywhere. I continued keeping the counters and cabinets free of grease.

People would tell me everyone has roaches or bugs, "this is Florida". This is so far from the truth. Orkin say no one has to live with bug or roaches. No one. So people stop blaming FL. The price was fair and some say they are higher. I paid only about $77 every 2 months and I would have paid more. If you have bugs in your home or apt buildings I recommend Orkin. #1 in Pest Control. But understand they work with you to get the job done. Do your part and Orkin will do the rest. You can't expect results if you continue to keep food and trash. Basically a filthy home. Listen and let Orkin educate you. Just do your part and the experts will do the rest. They may cost businesses more than other pest control. I rather pay a little more and get results. Thank you Orkin.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

We signed up for service in May 2017. I was told that this would be a series of 4 visits. The technician never contacted me to schedule dates, he would just schedule them and call me a day in advance to notify me of the visit. Once the four visits were completed, I assumed that would be it. He called me over the weekend to "remind" me of the appointment he had on Monday to service my home. I immediately sent a text stating that we no longer require service, to which he replied, "No problem, you just have to call to let the company know as well."

On this call, it was stated that there is a 30 day cancellation policy. For what? I was told this contract was just for 4 visits, which were already completed. I was advised that this would be escalated to a manager for further review. Yesterday I get a call from the technician, confirming cancellation of service. I explained what they had told me, and he says not to worry, he will send this to management and it will be taken care of. Today I get another call, stating that I am required to give 30 days notice of cancellation. Needless to say, I cancelled today, and will not be utilizing the final service that I am being forced to pay for.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I have had representatives out to my house for $77.00 every two months. The initial visit was $127.00. It has been over nine months and I still have bugs. I guess I will have to do it myself. I will never use them again.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I will never do business with such an unprofessional company as Orkin. My first appointment for December 8th was cancelled that same day. I had an appointment for today 12/14/2017 from 12 to 2 p.m. I called the office a 2:03 and the rep said she would try to call the tech for an update and put me on hold. She stated the tech would not answer his phone but she would keep trying and call me back. I tried to call again at 3:39; no answer so I left a message asking for a return call. It is now 4:45 and I have not received a call. So I wasted a full vacation day for nothing. I work in customer service and would never leave a customer hanging the way this company did to me today. I will post this same email with the Better Business Bureau so hopefully save some frustration for someone else.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I love this company and the Man (AZIZ) who comes to do my treatment. He is knowledgeable and has a great Attitude. I had a previous company that didn't do a good enough job at controlling the problem that I had. I will always keep this company and refer to everyone I know. They are an honest company with no frills.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I rent an apartment out of a very nice apartment building. I have lived here for 6 years with no pest issues. Last year, a new tenant moved in downstairs that was a nightmare all around. Along with ** use, they brought the dirtiest of users/people, creepy people, filth, and cockroaches. After 2-3 months of them living here, we started to notice one here, one there. Within 6-7 months, the building was completely infested. We tried bombs, sprays, traps, nothing work. After a year, they were finally evicted, and Orkin was called. Their first time here, they were scheduled for 4:00 pm. They didn't show up until 7:30, and the exterminator said he was tired, it was late, and that he would come back the next day. None of the tenants were happy about this because we all waited, and made sure we were home at 4:00 when they were suppose to come. Anyhow, they came back the next day, and put dabs of paste in the cupboards (some of them) and in the drains, and left.

We waited a week, and it actually seemed like the infestation got worse. Since that day, (two months ago) they have returned 8 times at our request, (due to complaints) and each time they show up with spray that does nothing. In fact, one of the times, the exterminator opened my cupboards and began spraying my dishes. Long story short, I am not impressed. They have not helped at all! I do not find dead cockroaches... I have to keep finding their nests and destroying them with bleach, bug sprays, bombs, and anything I can think of. They advertise satisfaction guaranteed, and charge a bundle! Well, I am NOT satisfied at all!!! Now they are saying that it may take 6-8 months to work. WHAT!? How is that even possible? Maybe 6-8 months before we realize this is not working, and cancel services?? Not this girl! I'm done with Orkin!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My Father has had Orkin for over 45 years. For GOD'S SAKE. HOW MUCH OF AN INVESTMENT??? 3000.00 Termite inspections, 300.00 maintenance, MONTHLY sprays for 60.00. He's been having mice problems for YEARS. Still have roaches in a better than most maintained home. My visit from out of town after being military for years, I encountered meeting the exterminator who told me, "Hmmm looks like mice are here," as he continued spraying. Mad as hell I followed him asking, "ISN'T THIS YOUR JOB to get rid of them???" He said, "Oh I have something in my truck." He went, came back and handed my 83 year old Father white boxes to place, then left. This was 2011.

I bought traps, over 80 have been placed and DAD removes them. It's 2017, due to my health I can't come home. Per others and Dad, mice holes and now bigger (rats?) exist. The regular guy was out and his substitutes at least looked to see where they might be coming in and told my Father he is not supposed to be not taken care of. He has been a widower for 6 years, he's 89. He lives in a very humble modest home. He pays money to be safe and free from vermin and this. He's ALWAYS PAID ON TIME. He deserves better than this. He is a quiet kind-hearted man who thought, he didn't want to get anyone in trouble as he has mouse excrement and activity. I'm thoroughly disgusted. You can call that number I put in place to ask Dad if you care. Someone has to.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

It's amazing how Orkin speaks about how experienced and professional their employees are but I can't even get anyone to come to my house for an inspection. I have had them cancel on me 4 different times. Once I was told "Well we don't do services on Saturdays so no one would have came anyway." Orkin actually called me EVERY TIME to schedule and NEVER showed up and once they did show up I was told I had to make another appointment. The company is very sad. I would never recommend them, I had to start calling just to make sure someone was gonna come and every time was the same answer "You're not on the schedule." SMH something needs to be done about this. I NEVER started services because they NEVER showed up.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I rent out my home in the US and live in another country. When I moved, I contacted the local office to have my name changed as I had just gotten married and to request E-bills. The person I contacted said they would handle getting my bills emailed to me that she would just have to put it on her calendar as the company doesn't provide that service. I was very impressed that she would do that for me. However, when the time came, instead of receiving an E-Bill, I got an email from her saying my payment was late. I messaged her that I hadn't received the original bill and she said that she asked the billing dept several months back to email it to me. Since they obviously didn't send me an E-Bill, I asked if she could contact them again and she refused. Since she had originally told me that they don't do that, I feel that she dropped the ball and was lying and trying to pass it off onto someone else.

I then asked her for their # so I could contact them and she deflected my request by asking me totally unrelated questions. I finally had to go on Facebook and message Orkin that way and was assured I would be receiving E-bills in the future. I won't know until spring if I will actually get an E-Bill this time or not. I also filled out a name change form through that same person a year ago and the tech who recently contacted me about an inspection is still using my maiden name.

The tech recently contacted me as it was time for my yearly inspection. I received a voicemail from him and then noticed by the # that he had called two times before and hadn't left a message. It took him 6 weeks from the first call to actually leave a message. I then reached him via text and told him he should schedule it with the company who rents out my house for me. I gave them his # and they called several times to schedule but there was no voicemail set up. It wasted their time as well as mine as I had to contact the tech via text again to see what was going on. He said he had been very busy. If that is the case, voicemail is crucial. Why does this company not provide voicemail for their employees or check to make sure they are using it?

I didn't give the tech permission to discuss anything with the realty company but he discussed his findings with them before I was even emailed his inspection report. I didn't want him discussing things with them as in my opinion they use scare tactics and overdramatize things to get your money. The first time they did an inspection they said I needed a moisture barrier and that there was some fungus on the boards under my house. There was no damage to the wood, however. They said that they could take care of it for a mere $4000. I then got the moisture barrier and wood sprayed on my own for under $500. I really think this company needs to get some better management in place at a minimum. I'm not sure I will be renewing my 7 year contract when the time comes.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I had been an Orkin customer for over 30 years - first 25 no problems - no pests. Last 3-5 years different pest control operators every 2-3 months some clueless. Told them if they keep adjusting my monthly rates higher every 2-3 months I'm out. I finally got tired of new operators and kept saying I'm out - they did not raise my rates still 55/month which was ok- newest ones last two months would make an appointment not show- I would call them day of service ask for a call back to inform them when I would be home or out- no returns calls, no service. Office Girls in Fayetteville, NC were different each time I called- nice but also not well. My last appointment was Saturday between noon and two- left two messages with Mike the operator no return calls no show. Now Tuesday no return calls to reschedule or apologize. This local company was ok once but now terrible- would not use them again if they gave it away.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Yesterday they sprayed for fleas. I did exactly as they said, vacuum, wash sheets, clothes, any fabrics around the house, and picked all things off the floor as well as strip the bed. Came back after the 4-hr wait from them spraying with what looks like a can you buy at Walmart of bug repellent. Fleas did not go away. They are even worse now. I called my local office and they informed me they would send someone out this morning. Well, no one showed. I called the office to figure out what was up, no answer. Hmmm, so I called the main office. They couldn't get in touch with them either. Seems weird. So, I asked if I was under a contract, "Technically you are, but if not satisfied within 30 days, you get your money back." Well, looks like I am unsatisfied and clearly not getting a resolution except getting my money back. Thanks for wasting my Saturday Orkin. I wouldn't recommend them to my enemies.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

It's amazing to see other reviews from all over the country indicating really inferior service! I have a cottage in Maine, which several years ago had a problem with carpenter ants. In fairness to Orkin, they did get that under control and I didn't see ants for several years. But last summer and this past summer, their service has been terrible. Although they have the name and phone number of a person to let them in the cottage in May, they don't bother to call, just come and spray the outside. NOT what I'm paying for!

This past summer was the worst. The technician did a less than complete job and when I mentioned it, he was rude and dismissive. Before I left in August, I called the office to ask then to have someone come and spray while I was there. They made an appointment for 2 days later... I stayed in and waited, but nobody showed. I called again, and they promised to send someone the next day... Again, no one showed. At that point, a friend and I got some spray and sprayed around the house ourselves! Needless to say, I cancelled my service with Orkin. I'm not sure who's more incompetent... The office staff or the technicians!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I requested a quote for extermination services; the guarantee was 30 days. The representative provided checklist of what we needed to do. When it came to signing the contract, the checklist I was asked to sign was different. Wouldn't that void our contract if I didn't follow the signed checklist? Oh no! I didn't feel comfortable with the price, it was very expensive for a 30 day guarantee. I messaged Orkin and told him that. He said: Hello Mrs. **. At this point I would have no choice but to lower the price for you. With it being so late, we would take a loss on a day that was a". Yep, word for word. I have contacted the company twice without response. Save your money and time and find a professional. ORKIN IS NOT PROFESSIONAL.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I had a disastrous experience with an Orkin exterminator last Thursday, I live in Newman Village in Richmond, Va. They have a contract with Orkin. I don't and didn't have any pest. NONE! At all! He only sprayed the kitchen. I had the spray done only as a preventative measure. After he left (that night) in the wee hours, I got up for a glass of water. A swarm of fruit flies hit my face! To my surprise they were in a huge pile in the refrigerator! They were in a large pile in the freezer! They were dead in the freezer!

I had to throw all my fresh fruit and vegetables away. I am a senior on a fixed income and over half of my groceries were destroyed. The rental office assistant Becky ** that sent him says she doesn't know who he is! To add insult to injury she sent Orkin back today! Of course I didn't let them in. They tried to turn it around on me saying I must be had some spoiled fruit or something being the fridge. I explained to them my husband pulled the fridge from against the wall and it was clean! I got up at 5:30 am this morning cleaning them up and throwing away food!

There are several reviews on Orkin stating theory deposited eggs in homes of insects! Obviously a lot of their employees are dishonest! and don't have a conscience. This man played a cruel joke! I have been cleaning my refrigerator daily (since Thursday) off and on wiping up fruit flies! Spraying my kitchen and cleaning and more cleaning. Throwing away more food that flies contaminated! They are nowhere else in my house! Only in the kitchen where he sprayed on the side of the refrigeration. I have contacted several agencies trying to find out who this man is. I contacted ** , the Service Manager in an effort to try to identify this man. This is immoral and reckless behavior because it can get someone sick!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

We recently called Orkin after discovering we had a roach problem. Having never had to deal with a bug problem before, we called what we thought was the leading exterminators in our area. We were quoted an initial price and was told we needed to go to huge lengths, such as clearing out cupboards, putting everything onto the kitchen table, and covering everything with sheets due to the extensive spraying the would need to do. They also told us to be out of the house for 4 to 6 hours after the treatment. We followed all the directions and paid for a motel room as I have extreme health issues, just to be safe.

The technician showed up almost an hour late for our appointment, told us we didn't have to leave, nor did we have to go to the extent of preparation they had told us we needed to do. We questioned all of what we were now being told. He didn't do an extensive spray treatment, stating that he didn't have the supplies on his truck to do so. He did, however spray the front door and a few other spots and set bait traps. We had to call them back 4 days later because the roaches were worse than before they came. We let them know about it and they said that the tech would be sent back to our house at around noon the same day we called. Once again, no tech showed up when they said he would. By this point we were thoroughly disgusted and felt robbed by this company. We ended up canceling Orkin completely and calling another exterminator. We would never use them or refer them to anyone ever.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

In March of 2017 I contacted Orkin with a bedbug outbreak. They came and claimed they treated everything correctly. After, 5 visits and $1300 We are looking for other alternatives because we are still having a problem with them. Very displeased with the service they claim to provide. The supervisor told us a correct treatment should take about an hour. We had cameras in our house and all 5 times was 20 minutes or less in a 4 bedroom home. We also, had to throw away our furniture due to them saying the eggs were hatching because they couldn't spray all areas of furniture. So on top of paying 1300 we also have to buy new furniture if we can ever get this situation taken care of.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I have lived in my house for 12 years. We never had roach problems. I started using Orkin because we had scorpions (Texas). We were very satisfied with results of their service and decrease in scorpions. Then about a year ago we started seeing roaches. We complain about roaches all the time and we are still seeing them. They have a new technician every time and this problem is still not fixed.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I called Orkin Pest Control in the past 2 days to set up an appointment for Friday 8-18-17 from 8am-10am. When I called it was explained to me that the service would be every other month, $99.00 a month starting this month for 6 months. I asked was there a contract, the agent said, "No try us out for 6 months. If you like us we'll go from there." I gave him my credit card to start advised he would not be charged until after the first treatment.

The rep shows up at 9:44 am, with about 3 or 4 forms tells me before he gets started I need to sign all these documents and the 1 year contract. I advised him "That is not what I was told over the phone", and felt I was mislead and given false information. The agent apologized and said "This is why I go over this before I start the work", seems this has happened before. I wasted my time for this. This sort of flip/flop cannot be legal and assuming a technique they use to get people to sign stressing about their bud issues. I really disappointed. I thought this was a good company, I was wrong, I guess anything to take your money.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I called in and asked a question about a previous account with my ex-husband. Both names was on the account. If it was time to spray the house or yard, my name was on the account as well as cell phone. Now that we are divorced and I ask that office about the account she tell me my name is not on the account. Sometimes it's not what you say, simply how you say it. All I truly wanted to know was if it was time to pay again. Too bad now I'm taking my money elsewhere for services.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I called the call center and requested info on having my home sprayed for fleas. I ask about treating the yard and I was told that they do treat the yard. I even said: Even if I live in a townhouse- She said yes. I explain the area that I was wanting to have treated outside- I was told yes. They will treat area. Rep called morning of and cancel which I was not happy- Called him back and he did come out. I found out when he arrived that they do not treat yards and was told, "The call center will tell you anything to get us out here." Will not have them back. Very disappointed with service. At this time can't say if treatment killed fleas but seeing what he did I would say NOPE.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I have had issues with Orkin for so long with them constantly! I'm so furious with Orkin! Numerous times they have skipped our spraying which we are suppose to get every 3 months!! Last month we didn't get a spray but got the receipt of our house being sprayed! So I called and asked them how did I get a receipt when my house hasn't been sprayed and they replied with “the guy sprayed all the outside”... which is a total lie!! I have 2 German shepherds that aren't fond of strangers so I know for a fact he didn't spray!!!

And let me mention that my bill is TO BE SENT IN THE MAIL because I do not allow them to withdraw because they have screwed me over so many times in the past by not doing it when it was due and instead earlier and throwing me in overdraft!! So I have called so many times for them not to have permission to withdraw at all!! Anyways back to them not spraying, I called and told them I needed to schedule a spraying because I still hadn't gotten my spraying for the 3 months!!! I called 4 times and never got a call back so I told them “Forget it I'm not gonna pay for something I'm not getting!!!” I look at my bank and they withdrew a payment without my consent!!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

They come to my house every 4 months. They are to call to confirm and I will tell them where or if I have any special places I need help in. I have been working 84 hrs weeks and they tried calling me on Monday and there was no answer so they showed up on Tuesday. I would think that if you don't get any answer you would not do the job because there will be special instruction. They showed up did the job on the outside of my house not even knowing if I wanted them to do it. I would think they would want confirmation before they do the job. I am done with this every 4 months they just show up whether you tell them or not. I will only call them if I have a problem. I am done with them on this maintenance they will take advantage of you.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I have flesh flies in my house. I had them last year at this time too. I called to have someone come out on Monday. It's now Thursday and no one has called or come out. I was advised by customer care that they would be in touch with the service man in my area, and he would reach out to me to provide a quote or come take a look. No response. No follow-up. Nothing. Very poor customer service. Will never try this company again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I made a contract with Orkin Dallas, TX. The initial home visit the Technician Rodney stated that he could not verify the type of bugs that were biting me. However, after three service visits and charges, Rodney informed me that I had "bed bug." Per Rodney, he does not do services for "bed bug." According to Rodney, that service is a separate service and will inquire separate fees.

I called Orkin's Customer Service questioning then what Rodney had informed me. I could not understand why he waited and allowed me to continue paying for services that has not resolve my pest control issues. I asked to speak to a manager. Instead, I was allowed to leave a contact number. I waited for two days. I finally decided to call Orkin Customer Service back and this time I was not very happy. I received a call back from " John." I explained my concerns to "John." John informed me that it was "impossible for him to get to me today." however, will try.

Now mind you I am still experiencing discomfort with the biting. Nevertheless, I had to wait an entire weekend with this discomfort. In fact, "John" did not come to my home until late afternoon on Tuesday. Well, after "John" looked he took samples and he too didn't know what type of bugs, but for sure it was not bed bugs. "John" informed me that he would take my samples to be analyzed and would get back to me one day next week. Meanwhile, he suggested that I call my doctor to get a prescription or use some over the counter medication.

I followed his suggestion. I waited for "John" to call me back. Instead, I end up call him. Again, I had to leave a call back number. When I received a call from John he tells me that I have "Mite." But, he not going to provide me with service that not need. Per "John" I just feeling old bug bites. I am so upset. First they didn't know what type of bugs that were biting, second I was told that I had "bed bugs" and the service for that will cost me extra fees, and third l feel I have been given the runaround. And, the bugs keep biting!

Original review: July 30, 2017

Sorry this is lengthy, but it's the truth of what we've been through with this horrendous company. I live in a 1 bedroom apartment with my husband and son, we have a cockroach problem which has been getting worse for some time. The owner of the building uses Orkin. Now, when we moved in, we rarely saw roaches, but over the last year or two the problem has progressively gotten worse and this company does nothing to solve the problem. They would never call and let anyone know when they were coming out so I could never pull my furniture away from the wall, WHAT GOOD IS IT GOING TO DO IF YOU ONLY HIT TWO feet of wall in each room?!

He also said it was safe for us to stay here during and after he sprays which wasn't true. Then when we complained enough and he started to let us know when he's coming out, he wouldn't show up or call anyone to reschedule. When he finally did come out, I asked him to spray my kitchen cabinets, he began spraying while I'm in the kitchen still (I am 5 months pregnant btw) and then we were actually told we need to leave for a few hours. I was told to vacuum up bodies and egg sacks the next few days and I did, but he also said we could not wipe out our cabinets and just put a cabinet liner down between the poison and dishes which I knew wasn't correct information. I know to let it sit and dry, I'm not stupid, but to not wipe it out? Really?! My cabinets were covered in roach feces! I have to wipe them out!

Then the next time he comes out, I'm not home and he tells my husband's he told me to clear out ALL of my cabinets again or what he does will be useless! No he never told me that and he would have never sprayed the cabinets in the first place unless I told him. He also told my husband that it's an ongoing battle and it's going to take him multiple times to get rid of them, keep in mind every time he is here the roaches aren't dying, they're just getting high, so I know this guy is watering down his solution so much that it isn't doing anything!

The buildings next to us use a private company and my sister in law lives in one, her roach problem was worse than ours, but after one spray from the other company, she never saw another roach in her apartment again and all of the buildings on our block are roach free except for ours who has Orkin on the job! I'm sick of it. I've taken it up with the owner and I hope he will do something, but I also let the owner know they were ripping him off, telling him they were coming out to spray and charging him, but nobody was showing up. I'll never recommend them to anyone ever, it has been a nightmare of lies, ** and an apartment still full of nasty roaches! I'd give them zero stars if I could.

Original review: July 27, 2017

Orkin man knocked on my door said nobody home, Wrong. My wife was at home at the back of my house when he knocked, My wife had POLIO and walks slower and he knows that. He said he sprayed the outside, put pellets down for ants and pay for indoor and outdoor service. Charged me $77.00. Said he was here 27 min, Most likely he was here for a lot less time than that. Did not get permission to start the work. Who signed his tablet that gave him the right to DRAW MONEY OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT!!! What is the word for FOR SIGNING SOMEBODY ELSE'S NAME WITHOUT HIS OR HER PERMISSION?? I called main office. She said the branch Manager will call me. HA HA HA HA big laugh. No phone call. I gave her my email address. You're right. No email.

Original review: July 25, 2017

This is my first experience with Orkin. I called to inquire about applying a pesticide to our yard to get rid of a certain pest and the representative was extremely rude when I told him that I would like to discuss the quote with my husband before we agreed to schedule an appointment to have our yard treated. I'm so glad we decided to have our yard treated by another company - first impressions mean everything!!!

Original review: July 19, 2017

I bought a wicker headboard and dresser from flea market and brought home bedbugs. Called Orkin and they came and did heat treatment and spray was very nice. Bugman did great job and they return every 4 months but have not had anymore problems since first treatment. Was expensive but no more than the rest I had called for help. I was so desperate and they really made me feel like they cared. Nothing but good to say about them.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I received a call from Orkin on Monday, July 3, stating that I had a balance of $150.00. I explained to the representative that I was unable to speak with them at the moment and asked them to give me a call in about an hour. The representative said okay; but never called back. I realized this morning that I never received a call back so I called I called them back to take care of the balance owed.

At that time, I was told that my account was sent to collections on June 30, because Frank, the manager said that he called me on June 24 and that my phone was disconnected which was not true. I have a house phone with voicemail and a cell phone, which was given to Orkin when I signed up for service over a year ago. I never received a call from Frank and my service was never disconnected on either phone. This makes me unhappy because this can potentially go on my credit report. I have been with Orkin for over a year and this is how you do business. So not good.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I thought Orkin was a reputable company until I called them to set up a pest control appointment. They insisted that I give them my credit card number before I could schedule. Now I know why. This company is a scam. They charged my card for services that I did not receive. On the initial appointment that I scheduled received a call that the technician would not be there because he was in a minor accident. On the second appointment to complete what was not done on the first appointment when I waited for 3 hours to be told they did not come because I cancelled the appointment. The treatment they did for the pest on initial visit was a total failure. Do not do business with this company.

Orkin expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Orkin is one of the most popular and largest pest control companies in the world. The company serves businesses and residential property owners both across the country and internationally.

• Company reputation: Orkin is known as one of the leading experts in pest control. The company is more than 113 years old.

• Variety of services: Orkin offers a variety of pest control services, including termites, bed bugs, rodents, ants, roaches, spiders, scorpions, bees, ticks, mosquitoes, and more.

• Location of company: Orkin has locations across the world, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Central America, South America, the Middle East, Asia, the Mediterranean, Africa, the Caribbean, and Australia, so it’s a convenient option for customers across the world.

• Service: Because Orkin exists across the world, it’s hard to depend on consistent customer service. Representatives from location to location may differ due to different regional challenges, different managers, etc.

• Scheduling: Customers who need quick service from Orkin may experience delays and long wait times when trying to book an appointment.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners, commercial property owners

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

GA
    www.orkin.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use