2. Homeowners
  3. Pest Control

Orkin Pest Control

Orkin Pest Control
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.28/5

Looking for pest control services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Looking for pest control services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin Pest Control?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

After initially working to address the rodent problem we were having, they have missed 6 straight appointments. When they contact me they always say they are sorry and will schedule another appointment but with 6 missed appointments, the rodent problem is coming back. Disappointment does not even start to express what I am feeling.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I am very dissatisfied with this company. I scheduled an appointment and was given a 3 hour window. Not only did I take time off to make sure I’m available, they NEVER showed up. No phone call alerting me that they could not make it either. This is so unprofessional & a total waste of my time to say the least. To add fuel to the fire, when I called to get a reason why no one showed up, the poor sweet lady apologized & told me the main office closed but she will send a message to the office and they will contact me the next day. For a big company, they should really be ashamed of themselves. Unless you have time on your hands & wouldn’t mind taking a chance wondering if someone would show up or not, if I was you look elsewhere & don’t waste your time. I know my time is valuable as I am a very busy person & on top of it I’m trying to sell my house & get it ready before closing. TOTAL WASTE OF MY TME. YES, I’m very upset.

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I saw mice in my house. It took 7 phone calls to get a response. When the problem came back. 8 days to get service. 4 calls to Bensalem office and 2 to the main. On Thursday I was stood up and now I have to wait till Monday!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I was told that I had mice in my attic. I called Orkin. Before they would even come out I was required to pay then 296.00. I was told an Technician would be at my home that afternoon. He was not. Another person called and was there the next day. That was Saturday. On Monday I called the contact number supplied on the paperwork the technician gave me and was on hold for 27 minutes. I hung up and called a number listed on their website for service and was on hold for an additional 22 minutes. The next day I called and lied saying that I wanted new service. I was connected to Dave. He said he would send an email request for service and that I should get a service call that same day. I did not.

The next day I sent a text to the original technician that put traps in my house. I asked if he was a person I could contact for service. He said he was and an appointment for today Friday October 2nd between 12 and 2 was agreed upon. He did not show up nor did he contact me that he wasn't going to. I had a 3 business day window to cancel my contract. That is obviously past and I have not in any stretch of the imagination received any value for the 349.35 that was charged to my credit card. That amount was the initial service plus one month fee for ongoing service. Needless to say I am EXTREMELY unhappy with Orkin Pest Control.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

Wishing so much I'd have read a review before calling Orkin Pest Control as after 2 treatments which were paid upfront, they billed for a service not rendered, replaced that amount back into our account and are now billing for that again. Service was cancelled due to their billing issues and they sent someone out, unscheduled, to spray anyway. #'s listed to call do not go through and email requests for service do not get a response.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Despite being a customer for 20+ years, the level of overcharging and inaccurate billing in the last two years is too much. I just replaced Orkin at my two homes with Paramount. I've called (no one EVER returns a call), left messages and raised issues but nearly every month there is a major error in Orkin's favor with a bill. Enough. State consumer agencies need to take a look.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I scheduled my home to be spayed for ants. I got a call an hour before they were supposed to show up saying they had no one in the area and would have to reschedule. So instead of making it happen they chose to inconvenience me. They use a call center that doesn't know where the technicians are. We found another (local) company who could come come by same day and were almost 20% cheaper.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

The spraying service is ok.. But.. you don't get the phone calls you are told you will get... Customer service leaves a whole lot to be desired... No matter who you talk to or how many times you talk to that same person all you seem to get is runaround. Have had.. personally.. 4 different servicemen to show up to do a spraying service that was canceled weeks before. This company has an utter lack of communication with its workers and its customers!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

In July 2020 Orkin did a heat treatment on our house for bedbugs. The tech was incredibly nice. He guaranteed the heat treatment would kill the bugs. The process was very quick. We could not come back into the house that night due to the heat. 3-4 days later bugs were still crawling ALL OVER THE HOUSE. You could not sit on the living room furniture without getting bit. The furniture has been thrown out. We vacuum every day-floors & furniture. Orkin has so far come back twice to spray the house. A third visit has been set up as we still have bugs. I asked if another heat treatment could be done & was told no. We have spent $3400 for this. This is very upsetting & we feel like it's a losing battle with Orkin pretty much not doing what we were guaranteed they would do. They do however send emails telling us we can get a discount on termite or mosquito spraying. This is a terrible way to live. I would not recommend Orkin.

Original review: July 10, 2020

We had Orkin come out for a possible termite infestation. The guy said we definitely had a termite problem and moisture in our basement that was causing the termite problem. Quoted us $4000+ to get an industrial dehumidifier and treat the termites, without the dehumidifier it was $2000+. We had other quotes and the other companies said we have carpenter ants, not termites. $650 for one year and will also kill spiders, bees, wasps, mice, etc. Orkin is a bunch of liars and thieves!!!! We are going with Fox Pest Control!

Orkin author review by ConsumerAffairs

Orkin is one of the most popular and largest pest control companies in the world. The company serves businesses and residential property owners both across the country and internationally.

• Company reputation: Orkin is known as one of the leading experts in pest control. The company is more than 113 years old.

• Variety of services: Orkin offers a variety of pest control services, including termites, bed bugs, rodents, ants, roaches, spiders, scorpions, bees, ticks, mosquitoes, and more.

• Location of company: Orkin has locations across the world, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Central America, South America, the Middle East, Asia, the Mediterranean, Africa, the Caribbean, and Australia, so it’s a convenient option for customers across the world.

• Service: Because Orkin exists across the world, it’s hard to depend on consistent customer service. Representatives from location to location may differ due to different regional challenges, different managers, etc.

• Scheduling: Customers who need quick service from Orkin may experience delays and long wait times when trying to book an appointment.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team