2. Homeowners
  3. Pest Control

4.6/5 (159 ratings)

About Orkin Pest Control

Orkin is a worldwide pest control company with over 1.5 million residential and commercial customers and over 100 years of experience. It specializes in treatments against common pests like rodents and insects, but it also offers other services, including insulation and moisture control. Orkin provides free estimates and a satisfaction guarantee.

Pros

• Free estimate
  • Integrated pest management
  • Residential and commercial services
  • 30-day money-back guarantee

Cons

• Limited pricing information
  • Not available in AK, WY, SD

Bottom Line

With over 100 years in business, Orkin is one of the most well-known pest control brands. The company features highly trained technicians and customer-friendly guarantees. Contact Orkin for a free consultation.

Top Orkin Pest Control Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Verified

Fantastic & professional service...I don't know how I would have been able to handle this mess without this company! They gave suggestions on how best to tackle this problem, and ...

Verified

Appointment was kept and they were professional as well as friendly. When I asked to modify their estimate to help me afford the service, there was some stalling, but eventually t...

What is Orkin Pest Control?

Orkin, founded in 1901, has over 100 years of experience with pest control. It has more than 400 locations across the world, including branches in most U.S. states. The company provides pest control for homes and businesses and guarantees customer satisfaction. Orkin technicians go through 160 hours of training, including coursework from Purdue University and hands-on simulations at Orkin’s 30,000-square-foot facility in Atlanta, Georgia.

Orkin uses an integrated pest management approach (called A.I.M.) with the goal of causing the least possible harm to people, property and the environment. Every Orkin visit includes assessment of the situation, the implementation of specific, science-driven solutions and the monitoring of pest activity to ensure the control technique is working.

How does Orkin work?

To find out if Orkin can help with your pest problem and to get an estimate, you can call Orkin or fill out a form online to be contacted by a company specialist. Orkin may give you a price over the phone or visit your home for an inspection.

Orkin uses a three-step pest control process, which it refers to as A.I.M.: assessment, implementation and monitoring. An Orkin technician starts by inspecting your property. They then work with you to come up with a protection program, choosing tools, technology and products that have the lowest environmental impact. After treatment, Orkin monitors results and continues to check for pest activity.

Orkin services come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you choose a treatment plan and pests come back between treatment dates, Orkin returns at no extra charge. And if Orkin can’t solve your pest problem, it refunds your last payment. Orkin also promises to respond to customers within two hours and have someone at your property within 24 hours.

Orkin services

Orkin treats issues with the following pests:

• Bedbugs
  • Earwigs
  • Ticks
  • Mosquitoes
  • Stinging insects

In addition, Orkin also provides these services: attic insulation to help residential customers save on energy costs and keep away pests; moisture control to prevent termite damage and mold; and lawn care for pest and weed prevention. Free inspections are available for each of these services.

Orkin price

Orkin determines pest control pricing based on a customer’s home, type of pests and other factors. The best way to get a quote for your specific situation is to contact your local Orkin branch. Getting a quote is free and comes with no obligations.

For example, we requested a quote for an annual pest control plan for a three-bedroom home in Tulsa, Oklahoma, that needed roach control. We received an estimate of two $195 payments over two months, followed by 10 more monthly payments of $48. That’s an annual total of $870.

Orkin Pest Control FAQ

What chemicals does Orkin use?
What chemicals Orkin uses depends on your specific pest situation. Orkin states that all chemicals it uses are approved by the Environmental Protection Agency and are safe for kids and pets. Orkin technicians provide documentation of chemicals they use during treatment. The company recommends you let your technician know if you are pregnant, have a newborn or have specific allergies. You can access product labels on Orkin’s website.
Does Orkin get rid of mice?
Yes, Orkin handles mouse problems. The process starts with a technician performing a rodent inspection to find out what species is present. Treatment may include both chemical and nonchemical methods.
Who owns Orkin pest control?
Orkin is owned by Rollins, Inc., a pest and termite control company based in Atlanta.
How much does Orkin cost for roach control?
The cost of roach control from Orkin depends on your property and other factors. For an annual plan for a three-bedroom house located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Orkin quoted two monthly payments of $195, followed by 10 monthly payments of $48.
Is Orkin safe for pets?
Yes, Orkin’s chemicals are safe for pets, the company says, as long as pets are kept away from treated surfaces until they are dry, which can take one to two hours. Pets don’t have to be out of the house during treatment, but Orkin says it can be helpful.
Does Orkin get rid of bedbugs?
Yes, Orkin offers bedbug control and removal service. Its ongoing detection service may not be available in all locations, though. It may also charge an inspection fee.
How does Orkin treat termites?
Orkin customizes plans for termite infestations using several treatments, including Termidor liquid treatment, Orkin Dry Foam, OrkinFoam, and Sentricon bait and monitoring. Your pest control specialist will tell you which of these treatments will work best for your particular infestation.
Does Orkin do payment plans?
Yes, Orkin customers can pay monthly. Speak with your local Orkin branch about setting up a payment plan for pest control services.
What does Orkin use to kill roaches?
It depends on the specific infestation in your home. An Orkin pest control specialist will discuss which chemicals, if any, will work best for your situation.
Does Orkin do free inspections?
Orkin offers free termite inspections. It also offers free pest control quotes. For more information, call Orkin or fill out the contact form on its site.

Is Orkin worth it?

Orkin is one of the most experienced pest control companies around, with over 100 years in business and nearly 2 million residential and commercial customers throughout the world. Its technicians go through extensive training in Orkin’s approach to integrated pest management. However, it’s a good idea to read reviews and compare Orkin with other pest control companies before making a decision.

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin Pest Control?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I was in Bible class and saw a guy spraying. I never saw a roach where we do the Bible class and we eat there. He gave me a card for Orkin. I then had someone come to spray the house for rodents. This house has been here for so long but my mom did not call an exterminator because she was allergic to whatever they were putting in the house. At that time, they used to wear masks to put that chemical. The house was infested with roaches. It was so bad that I was spreading them in people's houses. There was also a time that one got in my ear and I had to go to the hospital. We also had mice and water bugs. I was trying to control them the best way I knew how but they were overpowering me. I used to be embarrassed if I have a party and I always have to keep my pot covered because I don't want any roach to go inside my food.

Richard is the person who has been spraying my house for the past five years and he is A-number uno. We initially had service once a month then it was once every two months. Now it's once every three months. From the roaches that I had in my house before and how I see it now, the difference is day and night. I have seen a beautiful control. I told Richard today that I saw one tiny roach within three months, which is not bad. I also only saw one mouse. The house has a basement and the mice come from the sewage. But they are all under control because Richard leaves food for them. When they eat that, they die. If they die, they get in the glue.

I like that Richard is prompt and I can schedule my appointment around him. If I want to go and have the rest of the day, I don't have to worry about Richard not being here on time. Normally, he comes at night but he was here at 8:45 today, which was still good. He is fast and professional. He gets everything done in an excellent way. He's the only one I allow to come to my house. If he's on vacation and someone else comes, it's hard to fill his shoes because he had such a high standard.

I really thank Orkin for having such very powerful chemicals and Richard said that they are organic. It's also odorless too. I wish that Orkin can go to the buildings in Brooklyn that are infested with roaches instead of having these maintenance people that are spraying people's houses. the situation is bad and if you don't cover your bag, you can be taking the roaches home with you. Now that I use Orkin, even if there's a roach that slipped that came into my house, they would die. I won't even see them because my house is well protected. I really love Orkin and I am an over-satisfied customer. I even let them take the money out of my account. That's how much I trust Orkin.

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

During the time that I got Orkin, my mom was sick. I was taking care of her and she was allergic to almost anything. She got bit by a mosquito and it is swelled up. She had to get a shot. Because of my mom's strokes, she didn't feel when a fly or anything was crawling on her and I had to protect her. In the meantime, I had flowers in the house that different people sent to me and I didn't know there were bugs in the plants. I bought some stuff to try and kill them but that didn't do anything. I then had ants coming in at my patio door. I had to find somebody so I called Orkin. This was back in 2001. The first person that came out was Dimitri and I fell in love with him because he was really nice. He found the source of the ants that I was having a problem with.

In the process of finding the ants, Orkin found out that the bugs that I was seeing flying around were coming from my plants. I ended up having to throw away all of them. Orkin also found the source of the ants. Somebody had thrown one of those Twinkies up against my patio door from the outside. It was stuck up around the outside of the patio door and the ants had built the nest there. They were coming from underneath. I had tried so much to get rid of those ants. I can't stand things that crawl and I don’t like flying stuff either.

I had Dimitri for a long time until he got his promotions and moved up. Now, I have Jeff and I love him too. He is very congenial and he's always in a happy mood. He's been doing this job for a little while and I like the relationship that we have. I don't like getting different technicians. I like having the same person. We can find common ground to have a conversation.

My only thing with Orkin is they changed their procedures and now when I get my bill, they don't have the date when they're going to come out. When I first started with them, I chose Thursdays in the morning before 10:00. On the third Thursday, I have a luncheon that I generally go to and that is at 11:30. That's why I would need technicians to get here before 10:00. I would make sure that I am not in the shower where I don't hear them.

When I got my bill before, they showed the date that Orkin was coming out. Generally, someone would call me the night before and let me know that they were coming and what time they were gonna get here. Now, they just say the month that they will see me when they send the bill. A week before, they would send me an email saying they would see me in a week. I don't like this new method because I don't go on my computer and I don't have a smartphone. I would wonder if a technician would come or not at the time that I asked for. I called Orkin and told them about my issue and they just said they would schedule me for such and such. They would let me know when they were going to do it. But my bill comes out and they still didn't put a date and time on there.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I love Orkin's service. It works really well for us. We don't have a lot of trouble with bugs now. If we ever have a problem with something inside the house, I just have to call, and they'll come out and do whatever they need to do. We've been in this house for almost 14 years now, and I've used them since we moved here. I have no complaints about the service at all and its efficacy as well as their willingness to come out and take care of something. If it's not even my appointment time, they'll come in between.

We've probably had five different technicians in our time with Orkin, and every one of them has been extremely professional. I have a pit bull, so lots of times, people are a little nervous about a big dog like that, and they've been very good. They're very personable people. They do a good job. They don't hang out too long, where I'm like, "I wish this guy will leave now." I always knew when they were coming, either through my email or sometimes they give me a call. It was never a huge surprise that they were showing up. I've seen them do their work. They have their little brush where they get all the cobwebs down. They're very efficient.

My current technician, Shelly, is wonderful. We love Shelly. We were having trouble with the big cockroaches coming in at certain times of the year. She said, "Those little devils, they really can't survive inside your house." I didn't know that but she was right. I saw one alive and I couldn't grab it, and the next day, it was on the floor dead. She said, "You don't need to worry that your house is getting infested with them or anything. But I know they're not fun to see. If you feel like you need me to come back out or anything, just let me know." She really put my mind at ease. When I've had people who just moved to Alabama and they complain about all the bugs, I always tell them, "Well, we use Orkin. We highly recommend them. They're definitely not the cheapest service, but you get what you pay for. And they're worth it."

Original review: June 18, 2021

Every couple of months, Orkin comes here automatically to see about the bait that's laid out. I also had an ant problem in my kitchen because of the rain. I truly liked this particular technician that came, Carlos. I watched him and he answered all my questions. He checked all the bait stations and he also checked every living thing in this house that had not been checked for quite a while. Even if he didn't know what he was doing, he was knowledgeable. He gave me extra time. He didn't rush me and I liked that because I was very worried. I would have liked him to continue coming here, but Orkin kept changing these guys on me, and some of them were not very good. One guy came here and I wouldn't allow him near anything. He was dressed poorly and he was dirty and it was a horror. I called Michelle at Orkin about it.

There was one problem that I called about and I had spoken to somebody else, and she was terrible on the phone. I mentioned about having to have the inside of the house checked and she brought up COVID and she started telling me that some people don't have shots because they religiously don't believe in it. I asked her what does that have to do with my service. I didn't understand what she was talking about and I didn't even think she was correct. I called back and spoke with Michelle and said that I didn't know who that was. Michelle didn't want to say anything incorrect to me because she was very professional, but she knew exactly what I was talking about. She got me the right person, time, and so forth. The person that was talking about COVID didn't have anything to do with this situation.

Original review: May 29, 2021

I love my Orkin tech. Her name is Shelly and she's amazing. She's been doing my service for a couple years now and she is so different than the other techs that have been out before. There was nothing wrong with them, they just went about their jobs, and the sooner they could get out, the better. But Shelly will stop, knock on the door, and with COVID, obviously taking those precautions, she stays outside. But she will ask me if I'm having any trouble with anything and if there is anything that they can do for me. She also tells me about things to look out for and goes that extra mile. You know when you get good service and when somebody really likes their job and cares about it.

Aside from that, it's really super easy to reschedule with Orkin and I've had to a couple times due to other work being done at the house. They're always really good about scheduling for when it works out for me. I really noticed the difference with them treating my pest problem every quarter. Where I live used to be cornfields and now it's kind of a new division. So we have these huge wolf spiders and they're these hairy things that if you step on them, you could probably see their legs from out underneath your shoes. They're huge and my neighbors still have issues with them but I do not. All in all, I'm super satisfied with Orkin. But, especially with COVID, the cost should remain the same when your inside is not being treated and just the outside is. When you get half the service, the price should be half the amount. But that's my only input on anything negative. Everything else is absolutely positive.

Orkin Pest Control response

Hi Jamie. Thank you for your positive feedback and for being a loyal customer. We're happy to hear that you're pleased with our service and your technician Shelly.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Service is professional and efficient. We are always contacted ahead of time with a date and time window. Our technician is always on time and very friendly and courteous. He always asks how everything is and if we need anything else addressed. We are very satisfied with the service provided by Orkin.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I've been a customer of Orkin since 2015. I have always been pleased with their services, There's been a reduction of pests in my house & can rely on my Orkin team to respond to any & all pest related problems. I value their services and quick response.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I am always very satisfied with the service I get from Chris, my Orkin Man. Any time I have called him with a problem, he has always come over & handled the situation that day or the next day. He also got to know the situation at my home (disabled sister & mom with severe dementia) & is always respectful of them and what is going on. Fast, Quick, & effective service every time!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I am always pleased with my Orkin service. I could not ask for a more responsive and pleasant inspector than Pierre **. He always listens to any concerns, and takes measures to deal with any problems I very seldom have. I would happily recommend/refer anyone to use Orkin for their home pest control problems.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

The tech addressed the hornet issue quickly and efficiently with helpful explanations of the process. She also completed the quarterly checkup while onsite. She was demonstrably knowledgeable about her current career path.

Orkin Pest Control Company Information