2. Homeowners
  3. Pest Control

Orkin Pest Control

Orkin Pest Control
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.51/5

Looking for pest control services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get Started

Unsubscribe at any time.

Looking for pest control services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get Started

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin Pest Control?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: June 11, 2020

Fantastic & professional service from reception - Leonora and Tony - pest control technician! I don't know how I would have been able to handle this mess without this company! They gave suggestions on how best to tackle this problem, and the package is really great for money.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Tuesday, May 19, 2020. Although (thankfully!) not solicited, I just wanted to commend Samuel ** for yesterday’s amazing visit. Over the phone I’d complained to Orkin of 10 p.m. visitations by (probably – no way to know) the same mouse (what could the mouse have been looking for?) and before he left, the understated Sammy had not only found and sealed up the two places where a mouse might be coming into and exiting my apartment, but he’d also set myriad traps in case the mouse had been trapped and was in looking for a way to exit. Sammy did this all in record time. He was courteous, respectful, and thorough. Made me glad the guys from Terminix, for whom I’d waited Saturday, hadn’t shown up for their scheduled appointment. So far no return visits from the mouse (or mice) in question. If I ever have a problem in future, I will be calling Orkin.

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Appointment was kept and they were professional as well as friendly. When I asked to modify their estimate to help me afford the service, there was some stalling, but eventually they gave me a very satisfactory price. The service before, during, and after were exemplary.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

They have been very helpful in a situation that we felt we could not handle on our own. The service felt very streamlined and personable and they were very prompt on laying out a timeline. They made this experience a pleasant one and the clean up was very professional. I would definitely recommend to family and friends.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I think Orkin pest control is a really professional Company, I have 1 cat and 3 dogs. I had flea protect for my animals but I guess for my cat it didn’t work because my cat came in the house and within a week or so we had fleas in our basement. We called Orkin and they came over and sprayed in the basement and put sticky traps down too and told us we had to leave our house for a few hours just so we wouldn’t smell the spray he used, so he told us I had to wash every blanket and comforter on every bed and vacuum a few times a day, the guy was a really nice guy very helpful. I would recommend This company.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

Wishing so much I'd have read a review before calling Orkin Pest Control as after 2 treatments which were paid upfront, they billed for a service not rendered, replaced that amount back into our account and are now billing for that again. Service was cancelled due to their billing issues and they sent someone out, unscheduled, to spray anyway. #'s listed to call do not go through and email requests for service do not get a response.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Despite being a customer for 20+ years, the level of overcharging and inaccurate billing in the last two years is too much. I just replaced Orkin at my two homes with Paramount. I've called (no one EVER returns a call), left messages and raised issues but nearly every month there is a major error in Orkin's favor with a bill. Enough. State consumer agencies need to take a look.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I scheduled my home to be spayed for ants. I got a call an hour before they were supposed to show up saying they had no one in the area and would have to reschedule. So instead of making it happen they chose to inconvenience me. They use a call center that doesn't know where the technicians are. We found another (local) company who could come come by same day and were almost 20% cheaper.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

The spraying service is ok.. But.. you don't get the phone calls you are told you will get... Customer service leaves a whole lot to be desired... No matter who you talk to or how many times you talk to that same person all you seem to get is runaround. Have had.. personally.. 4 different servicemen to show up to do a spraying service that was canceled weeks before. This company has an utter lack of communication with its workers and its customers!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

In July 2020 Orkin did a heat treatment on our house for bedbugs. The tech was incredibly nice. He guaranteed the heat treatment would kill the bugs. The process was very quick. We could not come back into the house that night due to the heat. 3-4 days later bugs were still crawling ALL OVER THE HOUSE. You could not sit on the living room furniture without getting bit. The furniture has been thrown out. We vacuum every day-floors & furniture. Orkin has so far come back twice to spray the house. A third visit has been set up as we still have bugs. I asked if another heat treatment could be done & was told no. We have spent $3400 for this. This is very upsetting & we feel like it's a losing battle with Orkin pretty much not doing what we were guaranteed they would do. They do however send emails telling us we can get a discount on termite or mosquito spraying. This is a terrible way to live. I would not recommend Orkin.

Orkin author review by ConsumerAffairs

Orkin is one of the most popular and largest pest control companies in the world. The company serves businesses and residential property owners both across the country and internationally.

• Company reputation: Orkin is known as one of the leading experts in pest control. The company is more than 113 years old.

• Variety of services: Orkin offers a variety of pest control services, including termites, bed bugs, rodents, ants, roaches, spiders, scorpions, bees, ticks, mosquitoes, and more.

• Location of company: Orkin has locations across the world, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Central America, South America, the Middle East, Asia, the Mediterranean, Africa, the Caribbean, and Australia, so it’s a convenient option for customers across the world.

• Service: Because Orkin exists across the world, it’s hard to depend on consistent customer service. Representatives from location to location may differ due to different regional challenges, different managers, etc.

• Scheduling: Customers who need quick service from Orkin may experience delays and long wait times when trying to book an appointment.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team