4.7/5 (346 ratings)

About Orkin Pest Control

Orkin is a worldwide pest control company with over 1.5 million residential and commercial customers and over 100 years of experience. It specializes in treatments against common pests like rodents and insects, but it also offers other services, including insulation and moisture control. Orkin provides free estimates and a satisfaction guarantee.

Pros

• Free estimate
  • Integrated pest management
  • Residential and commercial services
  • 30-day money-back guarantee

Cons

• Limited pricing information
  • Not available in AK, WY, SD

Bottom Line

With over 100 years in business, Orkin is one of the most well-known pest control brands. The company features highly trained technicians and customer-friendly guarantees. Contact Orkin for a free consultation.

Top Orkin Pest Control Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Verified

Fantastic & professional service...I don't know how I would have been able to handle this mess without this company! They gave suggestions on how best to tackle this problem, and ...

Verified

Appointment was kept and they were professional as well as friendly. When I asked to modify their estimate to help me afford the service, there was some stalling, but eventually t...

What is Orkin Pest Control?

Orkin, founded in 1901, has over 100 years of experience with pest control. It has more than 400 locations across the world, including branches in most U.S. states. The company provides pest control for homes and businesses and guarantees customer satisfaction. Orkin technicians go through 160 hours of training, including coursework from Purdue University and hands-on simulations at Orkin’s 30,000-square-foot facility in Atlanta, Georgia.

Orkin uses an integrated pest management approach (called A.I.M.) with the goal of causing the least possible harm to people, property and the environment. Every Orkin visit includes assessment of the situation, the implementation of specific, science-driven solutions and the monitoring of pest activity to ensure the control technique is working.

How does Orkin work?

To find out if Orkin can help with your pest problem and to get an estimate, you can call Orkin or fill out a form online to be contacted by a company specialist. Orkin may give you a price over the phone or visit your home for an inspection.

Orkin uses a three-step pest control process, which it refers to as A.I.M.: assessment, implementation and monitoring. An Orkin technician starts by inspecting your property. They then work with you to come up with a protection program, choosing tools, technology and products that have the lowest environmental impact. After treatment, Orkin monitors results and continues to check for pest activity.

Orkin services come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you choose a treatment plan and pests come back between treatment dates, Orkin returns at no extra charge. And if Orkin can’t solve your pest problem, it refunds your last payment. Orkin also promises to respond to customers within two hours and have someone at your property within 24 hours.

Orkin services

Orkin treats issues with the following pests:

• Bedbugs
  • Earwigs
  • Ticks
  • Mosquitoes
  • Stinging insects

In addition, Orkin also provides these services: attic insulation to help residential customers save on energy costs and keep away pests; moisture control to prevent termite damage and mold; and lawn care for pest and weed prevention. Free inspections are available for each of these services.

Orkin price

Orkin determines pest control pricing based on a customer’s home, type of pests and other factors. The best way to get a quote for your specific situation is to contact your local Orkin branch. Getting a quote is free and comes with no obligations.

For example, we requested a quote for an annual pest control plan for a three-bedroom home in Tulsa, Oklahoma, that needed roach control. We received an estimate of two $195 payments over two months, followed by 10 more monthly payments of $48. That’s an annual total of $870.

Orkin Pest Control FAQ

What chemicals does Orkin use?
What chemicals Orkin uses depends on your specific pest situation. Orkin states that all chemicals it uses are approved by the Environmental Protection Agency and are safe for kids and pets. Orkin technicians provide documentation of chemicals they use during treatment. The company recommends you let your technician know if you are pregnant, have a newborn or have specific allergies. You can access product labels on Orkin’s website.
Does Orkin get rid of mice?
Yes, Orkin handles mouse problems. The process starts with a technician performing a rodent inspection to find out what species is present. Treatment may include both chemical and nonchemical methods.
Who owns Orkin pest control?
Orkin is owned by Rollins, Inc., a pest and termite control company based in Atlanta.
How much does Orkin cost for roach control?
The cost of roach control from Orkin depends on your property and other factors. For an annual plan for a three-bedroom house located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Orkin quoted two monthly payments of $195, followed by 10 monthly payments of $48.
Is Orkin safe for pets?
Yes, Orkin’s chemicals are safe for pets, the company says, as long as pets are kept away from treated surfaces until they are dry, which can take one to two hours. Pets don’t have to be out of the house during treatment, but Orkin says it can be helpful.
Does Orkin get rid of bedbugs?
Yes, Orkin offers bedbug control and removal service. Its ongoing detection service may not be available in all locations, though. It may also charge an inspection fee.
How does Orkin treat termites?
Orkin customizes plans for termite infestations using several treatments, including Termidor liquid treatment, Orkin Dry Foam, OrkinFoam, and Sentricon bait and monitoring. Your pest control specialist will tell you which of these treatments will work best for your particular infestation.
Does Orkin do payment plans?
Yes, Orkin customers can pay monthly. Speak with your local Orkin branch about setting up a payment plan for pest control services.
What does Orkin use to kill roaches?
It depends on the specific infestation in your home. An Orkin pest control specialist will discuss which chemicals, if any, will work best for your situation.
Does Orkin do free inspections?
Orkin offers free termite inspections. It also offers free pest control quotes. For more information, call Orkin or fill out the contact form on its site.

Is Orkin worth it?

Orkin is one of the most experienced pest control companies around, with over 100 years in business and nearly 2 million residential and commercial customers throughout the world. Its technicians go through extensive training in Orkin’s approach to integrated pest management. However, it’s a good idea to read reviews and compare Orkin with other pest control companies before making a decision.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin Pest Control?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

The last time that my house was treated, I wasn't home but I received the text notification that the reps from Orkin were on their way. Then, I received another text notification that they were there and would be treating my home. I was glad that they let me know that they were going to be there and what time they were going to be there. I always had the same technician who treats my home. He's good and always asks me if there is any problem. He told me to call and let him know if I need him to come back and he will and do another treatment. He's even giving me advice for some other things, like termite inspection. My initial problem was an ant infestation when I first moved into my home. It had been empty for a long time so I needed to have it treated. Then, I found out from other neighbors that ants are our problem in our neighborhood. So, I decided to keep the service. I have a treatment every other month and it's been great. I'm not having a problem.

If I'm here directly after Orkin treats the place, I notice in some places where the treatment was put. That's in the event that it has dried up quickly because it does dry quickly. And when the rep is here sometimes, he tells me where it was treated or where he saw where it might be a problem and he pays special attention to that area.

People should use Orkin. I've been using them since I moved into my house and that was in 2016 when I first noticed and was told by my neighbors that we had ant problems. A lot of my neighbors treat their homes themselves because they're men and they can carry that stuff around and lift it up and everything that they need to do. But I tried that myself in the beginning and I’d rather have someone else come out and do it. I've been having termite inspections as well, which was something that I was told that would be something available to me free of charge. So, I took advantage of that and I appreciate Orkin’s honesty because they could have been unscrupulous. Every year that I've had the termite inspection done, they've told me it's been fine, but where certain areas that I may want to look out for. So, it's been a good experience.

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2022

I love Orkin and I like all the servicemen. They take care of my things. They let me know what day they're gonna be coming. They change sometimes, one or two days difference. Once in a while, there’ll be a week difference. But they call me right before they come, which is good. The other ones, I don't know if they call the people that live in the property. One of them leaves one of those sheets of paper where it says what they sprayed. The other one sometimes will tell me if they’re home and what day they came.

What I'm having problem with is the billing and we started having these problems because of the pandemic. At first, I used to give the checks to the servicemen and they would take it to the office. It worked with some of them and didn't for the others so I asked what do I do with them. They told me to mail the checks in but there are still problems. Orkin always puts me on past due. I have three houses and I have the mosquito service. I always send the three checks for the houses and another one for the mosquito service. I put which check belongs to each house and which one belongs to the mosquito service. I also put the account number.

I don't know what happens, but they never put it on the right place or they're saying that they have two different addresses. When the servicemen come, I mail that same day. They don't let me know when the other houses have been serviced so I put it all together with the house that has been serviced over here, but it's not supposed to be past due in anyway. At one time, they put two checks on the same account after I had put the house number at the bottom of the check.

Last year, I spoke to Steve. I told him I was having problems with all this and he was gonna go and talk to them, but I'm still having problems with them. The other day, Elizabeth called, and I told her what was happening. I looked through all my statements to get a copy, cut the checks and put them together. I told her, “These are the checks. They say what day I wrote them what day they were posted." She gave me her email address and I kept trying to send them through to her but her email address wasn't correct. I called yesterday and told them I need to get Elizabeth to call me because she gave me an email address but my emails are not going through. So far, I haven't heard from her.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Most of the time, I enjoy the program, the notification process, and all of that. Lately, I've been having trouble getting a service window. They told me that they would come on a specific day, but I don't get my service window. So, I have to call and say, "When are you coming?" Because I can't sit around and wait all day. I need to know. And they would give me a two or a three-hour window and it works just fine. But we schedule in advance, I always know when they're coming, I get my text messages and an email. So, it's great. They're always on time. Quick and easy. They do their service and they get it out of the way.

The techs have always been very helpful. I'm partially disabled, so the tech would even get up and knock down little wasp nests as they start so that I don't have to get up on a ladder, in addition to spraying and checking everything. Also, they have always explained to me what they were using, whether it would be harmful to my pets. They have always been very clear and helpful in the years that I've had them.

I've only had one issue where I had some mice come in my garage, and into my basement. And they dropped those little sticky papers and that took care of the issue. Unfortunately, I had to pick up the critters stuck to the papers, but it was less traumatic than I thought it would be. And that took care of the problem and he explained to me where he believed they were coming in. So, I took care of that issue. He was very clear on what he thought I could do to prevent it from reoccurring and I've not had an issue since. They were mice. They were just coming in because it was cold.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

As soon as we bought this home, we started right in with Orkin. We called them before we even moved in. I love their service. It's great. I have my Orkin man that I use because I like the same person to come to my home every time, and they've been good at that instead of sending different people. The only thing that I've ever had anything that I do is sometimes they want to schedule the appointment a little sooner and I call them to move it out a week. They always send me an email and all I have to do is either call Jacob directly or call Orkin and they reschedule it for me for a week.

The pest activity is very much under control. When I called them the first time and set up with it, they had to come three times a week to begin with, because when we bought the house we saw signs of termite. We also saw sugar ants in our closet. With the cold weather, this last year and the fires the year before, on the neighborhood app, everybody in our area was having problems with rodents. And we did, too. But our Orkin man came out and went under the house and stuffed the coily stuff so that they couldn't get through it. My husband was in the house and anywhere they could see a light, they were both stuffing from both directions. We haven't had any problems since. The tech still goes under the house and takes the traps out, empties them if anything's in them. So, we're extremely happy with our Orkin service.

Everybody's always polite when I call to pay my bill. I don't like strangers knocking on my door and if they couldn't get somebody steady, even the owner or manager of this area would be willing to come do it himself for me. So, I have nothing but good things to say about the company. The reps are all good and I like them all. I know them by name.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

We have excellent service from Orkin and it's all about the technician. He's the best we've ever had. We had him last year for almost all of our visits and he's the reason we've stayed with Orkin. He’s an outstanding representative of the program and the company. He knows his job and he knows how to relate to the customer. I have three dogs in the house and he is experienced with dogs, which makes the whole experience of him being in our home even better. Prior to Orkin, we used Terminix. But we went to Orkin and I wanted to stay with them because in working with Orkin we discovered, by talking with the tech, that the outside bait boxes were the solution for us. And it’s been a really good program.

On the most recent visit, I heard a noise in the kitchen really early in the morning and I thought I had mice under the sink. I’m terrified of mice and I called Orkin's office. At first, they said I was on the schedule for two days and they couldn't do anything. But then, somehow, someone from the office called me back and told me that the tech would come that day. He said he would work me in and I was so impressed with whoever from the office had the courtesy to call me and let me know that he would come. Then, he did come and that was truly out of the ordinary, because these guys are booked and they have a certain number of hours to get a certain number of houses taken care of. The tech who came out was so kind, helpful, and informative. He showed me exactly why and explained what was going on. And to do this to someone who is terrified of rodents, that says a lot. He was able to help me in such a way it all made sense.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

I have no complaints about the service from Orkin. The only complaint I have, is, I have contacted the branch office a couple of times to get advance notifications of when the Technician will arrive to do the service. Once the Technician arrives he completes the service in a professional manner.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

We like the resort. After the second time not seeing the bugs like before we will see how great a job is when we turn on the house heater in October. The Cold brings out the bugs. The man you sent out did his job well all throughout the house.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Can't seem to get rid of mosquitoes. Nice to come a second time twice but still have a few mosquitoes that find me even in my garage if doors are open. Like to sit outside in evening but can't stay long.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I have been with Orkin for approx 20+ years. I am under contract for termite and rat/pest protection. Orkin is the best! The every other month rat and pest protection is tops (Nick the usual guy is great). I am under yearly termite inspection and today ((9/14/22) my bait stations were checked. The person was Manny who was outstanding...polite, cheerful, professional, answered all my concerns and questions and put in an order to have bait stations upgraded. Within minutes after Manny left, Rebecca, office manager, called to set up two appointments for bait stations upgrade and also crawl space inspected. Outstanding and professional service from Orkin. I could not be happier!!.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Andrew was professional, knowledgeable. His efforts have been effective. No other comments. We did not have major problem anyway. Thanks. He identified "entry points" and sealed them closed. Nothing else to add. Andrew came at the time expected and was efficient.

Orkin Pest Control Company Information