Orkin Pest Control
3.42/5

Looking for a pest control company?

Orkin Pest Control

Looking for a pest control company?

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Do not use them! Roto-Rooter recommended them and they were no good. They charged my credit card twice and did not fix my problem! Try someone else but leave Orkin alone. Check your bank and credit card statements. Stay away!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

When I called them about my mouse problem they came out and started a year contract with me. After about six months the infestation got so bad that I called and talked to the Skokie mgr. He sent someone else out and they suggested that I get my house treated with a steel wool like material that would be shoved between my shingles. They guaranteed that if I spent this 1000 and some change that this would get rid of the problem. On top of that I had this yearly contract with them which even offered me better protection. I went ahead and signed a electronic device, did not get a hard copy of what I was signing in till months later when I asked for it.

Fast forward a year later still had the infestation the mgr came out because I was so upset to see a mouse in the bed of my grandbaby. The mgr finally told me that he could not do anymore and that there were places like my washer line that needed to be filled before he could get rid of the problem. Okay fair enough but couldn't you of told me this at the first inspection that you Guaranteed me no more mice problem, instead of insuring me that you have seen and gotten rid of worse. So after 50 a month and a thousand and some odd dollars the only thing that I got rid of was ORKIN. :( Also to make things worse do not sign up for auto pay. They take their money before the actual service. Honesty is the best policy something I feel you are not transparent about.

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I had a spider in my sun room that I thought was a kissing bug so I called Orkin to treat for insects. I’ve never had a problem with roaches in my life. Now ever since they came out and they have been twice I’m seeing roaches. They say did the whole house but and outside but it sure was fast. Where did these bugs come from? I heard people say that they will plant bugs in your home but I didn’t believe that but I’m fed up with this.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

At first I was positively impressed by Orkin’s fast response; I had an ant infestation and called them on a Thursday evening after 9pm, hoping to leave a voice message and schedule a visit for two days after the call, but a representative answered my call right away and scheduled a visit for the next day. The same person talked about the plans they offered and I choose the one time visit (that would give me 30 days to be sure the ants were gone) he insisted on putting me on the monthly plan, but I insisted on the one time visitation and hang the phone certain that he had honored my request.

The representative who came to my house, Danny; told me that my order was designated as monthly and that I should wait to cancel it after few days but I insisted on changing the order to what I have requested and paying the price for it; Danny told me that he would change the order and keep the price and since they had made the mistake, I accepted his offer.

Danny contacted me a week later to know if that were ants, since there still were some inside the outside planters, he offered to send me his availabilities for the next week, but never did. The next Monday, since I didn’t hear from him, I called the company and requested the follow up visit, complained about his disappearance and on the next Wednesday, the same person came to my house again to reapply the venom.

A week later he sent me a text message, asking about the ants and I explained that there were still ants and asked if he could come the next day, he ignored my message for 24 hours, responding it on a Thursday evening that he could be at my house between 10 am and 12pm on the Friday. Since I was going to travel that day I declined his offer and called Orkin and talked to his supervisor about all the situation and how I would be out the 30 guaranteed days because his employee wasn’t a good planner; the guy assured me that they would send me a person as soon as I came back from my trip at no charge; we schedule date and time.

Well, that day came and Danny reapplied the venom, but since it was only outside and I had a meeting around the time he was suppose to come, I sent him instructions of how to enter and leave the backyard without needing me to be around. I thought it was the end of it, until yesterday I found a (charged) invoice of $50 for the follow-up visit in my junk mail.

I called the company and Debora, the person on the phone, promised to refund my card, but at the same time she started talking about how I changed my plan and tried to excuse all the employees behavior, so l lost my patience, told her that I was tired of dealing with them, and that I don’t need their apology, what I need from them is that they train their employees to honor the clients’ requests and from them to plan their day better so they don’t let clients waiting.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I am a very unhappy and dissatisfied customer. I started this deal with this company. I tried to cancel my contract with them. It's been 4 months now that I've been dealing with these people to try to close out my contract. And they keep taking money out of my account and causing overdrafts to my account. Which was supposed to be close 4 months ago and here I am still trying to get ahold of someone. Which is virtually impossible that's why I'm leaving this negative review of how bad their billing is and how hard it is to try to get ahold of someone to help you. They love to take the money out of your account but Don't like to return. So please if anyone from Orkin is reading this review. Contact me. I need to put an end to this problem and I'm not saying thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Mark ** was the inspector. He was so helpful and so nice. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He could not have been better. One day prior to his inspection, I had found a black snake in my patio storage room. He looked through my storage room and patio and outside my patio, searching for signs of the snake. He found no signs but was so diligent in his searching. I was so impressed with him. Thankfully, his inspection also did not reveal any signs of termites. Thank you again, Mark. You were super!

Original review: June 21, 2019

This company are well educated on different types of bugs and insects. They do spread sufficient amount of spray and traps. I had terrible experiences with German cockroaches. This company gave me time to prepare my place before the actual process of their pesticide against these German cockroaches. They have reacted on a timely manner before these terrible pests multiply so quickly and spread the whole place.

Original review: June 4, 2019

We live in Miami Florida, I called yesterday to set up a Termite Inspection and they gave me an appointment for today, The Female Inspector called me this morning to let us know she was on her way, and arrived to our house within our appointment time range... We were very satisfied with her knowledge and professionalism. Thank God, we don't have Termites, but we sign up to have them fumigate our yard every two months... I hope we can continue with a positive

outcome in the future..Thank you Tania ** for a job well done..!

Miami, Florida

June 4 2019

Original review: March 16, 2019

Orkin treated bed bugs in my home. I paid them $2,100.00 for the whole home treatment (as they do not do a one room only treatment because they can’t guarantee the bed bugs will not run to other rooms. This costing more money in the long run). The Tech explained to me that I had the option of a one time treatment, which is only guaranteed for 30 days, or I had the option to add 1 year monthly follow ups, thus providing me a one year guarantee in case bed bugs ever return. Treatment was great and they followed up in 7 days to make sure bed bugs were gone and followed up Monthly after that. The Tech took the time to educate me about bed bugs and how easy it is for ANYONE (even myself) to come into my home and unknowingly have bed bug eggs or the adult bed bugs on their clothing, thus infesting my home again.

I’m so glad I chose to have the monthly follow up inspections/treatment for a whole year because I had out of town company who actually brought bed bugs back into my home again. Orkin was great... they sent the Tech out to treat my home again and since then I’ve had not other problems. It is definitely worth the money to have a one year added guarantee.

After all, it’s better to be proactive than reactive. My experience with Orkin was a great one and life saver. They never hesitated and sent the tech out right away to take care of the bed bug re-infestation problem. My experience has been WONDERFUL! And I will recommend Orkin to everyone. They stick by their word, are honest, and as a customer I can’t thank them enough! I rate them 5 stars (would rate them a 10 - but 10 is not available) as compared to any other pest control company. I will never use anyone other than Orkin for any of my pest control needs. Thank you Orkin for a job well done!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

So many bad reviews and I will tell you why. The main reason is people are either impatient or have no money. They took less than 5 minutes. Problem solved. I have seen a decrease in just 4 hours. I live in apartment so I pretty much need them to come back often. Signed the longest contract for the cheapest price. Cancel anytime if needed. No fees. I just resign up if I need it again! Thanks for getting rid of the problem.

Orkin expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Orkin is one of the most popular and largest pest control companies in the world. The company serves businesses and residential property owners both across the country and internationally.

• Company reputation: Orkin is known as one of the leading experts in pest control. The company is more than 113 years old.

• Variety of services: Orkin offers a variety of pest control services, including termites, bed bugs, rodents, ants, roaches, spiders, scorpions, bees, ticks, mosquitoes, and more.

• Location of company: Orkin has locations across the world, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Central America, South America, the Middle East, Asia, the Mediterranean, Africa, the Caribbean, and Australia, so it’s a convenient option for customers across the world.

• Service: Because Orkin exists across the world, it’s hard to depend on consistent customer service. Representatives from location to location may differ due to different regional challenges, different managers, etc.

• Scheduling: Customers who need quick service from Orkin may experience delays and long wait times when trying to book an appointment.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners, commercial property owners

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs