2. Homeowners
  3. Pest Control

4.1/5 (53 ratings)

About Orkin Pest Control

Orkin is a worldwide pest control company with over 1.5 million residential and commercial customers and over 100 years of experience. It specializes in treatments against common pests like rodents and insects, but it also offers other services, including insulation and moisture control. Orkin provides free estimates and a satisfaction guarantee.

Pros

• Free estimate
  • Integrated pest management
  • Residential and commercial services
  • 30-day money-back guarantee

Cons

• Limited pricing information
  • Not available in AK, WY, SD

Bottom Line

With over 100 years in business, Orkin is one of the most well-known pest control brands. The company features highly trained technicians and customer-friendly guarantees. Contact Orkin for a free consultation.

Top Orkin Pest Control Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Verified

Fantastic & professional service...I don't know how I would have been able to handle this mess without this company! They gave suggestions on how best to tackle this problem, and ...

Verified

Appointment was kept and they were professional as well as friendly. When I asked to modify their estimate to help me afford the service, there was some stalling, but eventually t...

What is Orkin Pest Control?

Orkin, founded in 1901, has over 100 years of experience with pest control. It has more than 400 locations across the world, including branches in most U.S. states. The company provides pest control for homes and businesses and guarantees customer satisfaction. Orkin technicians go through 160 hours of training, including coursework from Purdue University and hands-on simulations at Orkin’s 30,000-square-foot facility in Atlanta, Georgia.

Orkin uses an integrated pest management approach (called A.I.M.) with the goal of causing the least possible harm to people, property and the environment. Every Orkin visit includes assessment of the situation, the implementation of specific, science-driven solutions and the monitoring of pest activity to ensure the control technique is working.

How does Orkin work?

To find out if Orkin can help with your pest problem and to get an estimate, you can call Orkin or fill out a form online to be contacted by a company specialist. Orkin may give you a price over the phone or visit your home for an inspection.

Orkin uses a three-step pest control process, which it refers to as A.I.M.: assessment, implementation and monitoring. An Orkin technician starts by inspecting your property. They then work with you to come up with a protection program, choosing tools, technology and products that have the lowest environmental impact. After treatment, Orkin monitors results and continues to check for pest activity.

Orkin services come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you choose a treatment plan and pests come back between treatment dates, Orkin returns at no extra charge. And if Orkin can’t solve your pest problem, it refunds your last payment. Orkin also promises to respond to customers within two hours and have someone at your property within 24 hours.

Orkin services

Orkin treats issues with the following pests:

• Bedbugs
  • Earwigs
  • Ticks
  • Mosquitoes
  • Stinging insects

In addition, Orkin also provides these services: attic insulation to help residential customers save on energy costs and keep away pests; moisture control to prevent termite damage and mold; and lawn care for pest and weed prevention. Free inspections are available for each of these services.

Orkin price

Orkin determines pest control pricing based on a customer’s home, type of pests and other factors. The best way to get a quote for your specific situation is to contact your local Orkin branch. Getting a quote is free and comes with no obligations.

For example, we requested a quote for an annual pest control plan for a three-bedroom home in Tulsa, Oklahoma, that needed roach control. We received an estimate of two $195 payments over two months, followed by 10 more monthly payments of $48. That’s an annual total of $870.

Orkin Pest Control FAQ

What chemicals does Orkin use?
What chemicals Orkin uses depends on your specific pest situation. Orkin states that all chemicals it uses are approved by the Environmental Protection Agency and are safe for kids and pets. Orkin technicians provide documentation of chemicals they use during treatment. The company recommends you let your technician know if you are pregnant, have a newborn or have specific allergies. You can access product labels on Orkin’s website.
Does Orkin get rid of mice?
Yes, Orkin handles mouse problems. The process starts with a technician performing a rodent inspection to find out what species is present. Treatment may include both chemical and nonchemical methods.
Who owns Orkin pest control?
Orkin is owned by Rollins, Inc., a pest and termite control company based in Atlanta.
How much does Orkin cost for roach control?
The cost of roach control from Orkin depends on your property and other factors. For an annual plan for a three-bedroom house located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Orkin quoted two monthly payments of $195, followed by 10 monthly payments of $48.
Is Orkin safe for pets?
Yes, Orkin’s chemicals are safe for pets, the company says, as long as pets are kept away from treated surfaces until they are dry, which can take one to two hours. Pets don’t have to be out of the house during treatment, but Orkin says it can be helpful.
Does Orkin get rid of bedbugs?
Yes, Orkin offers bedbug control and removal service. Its ongoing detection service may not be available in all locations, though. It may also charge an inspection fee.
How does Orkin treat termites?
Orkin customizes plans for termite infestations using several treatments, including Termidor liquid treatment, Orkin Dry Foam, OrkinFoam, and Sentricon bait and monitoring. Your pest control specialist will tell you which of these treatments will work best for your particular infestation.
Does Orkin do payment plans?
Yes, Orkin customers can pay monthly. Speak with your local Orkin branch about setting up a payment plan for pest control services.
What does Orkin use to kill roaches?
It depends on the specific infestation in your home. An Orkin pest control specialist will discuss which chemicals, if any, will work best for your situation.
Does Orkin do free inspections?
Orkin offers free termite inspections. It also offers free pest control quotes. For more information, call Orkin or fill out the contact form on its site.

Is Orkin worth it?

Orkin is one of the most experienced pest control companies around, with over 100 years in business and nearly 2 million residential and commercial customers throughout the world. Its technicians go through extensive training in Orkin’s approach to integrated pest management. However, it’s a good idea to read reviews and compare Orkin with other pest control companies before making a decision.

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin Pest Control?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: June 19, 2021

35 years ago, Orkin came by and promised me that they could handle the job. So we tried them out and kept on with them. The monthly bug control guy comes in like he's supposed to, asks what kind of problems we have, then he gets busy and takes care of it. He’s a fine technician and he does a very good job. He usually comes between 8:30 and 9:00, and we don't have to do anything other than pay the man and file away the receipt. Since we’re recovering from the COVID issue, he’d been outside for now. But I’m finding more larger roaches dying than I had before he came the last time. So the pest control is taking effect like it's supposed to.

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2021

Every couple of months, Orkin comes here automatically to see about the bait that's laid out. I also had an ant problem in my kitchen because of the rain. I truly liked this particular technician that came, Carlos. I watched him and he answered all my questions. He checked all the bait stations and he also checked every living thing in this house that had not been checked for quite a while. Even if he didn't know what he was doing, he was knowledgeable. He gave me extra time. He didn't rush me and I liked that because I was very worried. I would have liked him to continue coming here, but Orkin kept changing these guys on me, and some of them were not very good. One guy came here and I wouldn't allow him near anything. He was dressed poorly and he was dirty and it was a horror. I called Michelle at Orkin about it.

There was one problem that I called about and I had spoken to somebody else, and she was terrible on the phone. I mentioned about having to have the inside of the house checked and she brought up COVID and she started telling me that some people don't have shots because they religiously don't believe in it. I asked her what does that have to do with my service. I didn't understand what she was talking about and I didn't even think she was correct. I called back and spoke with Michelle and said that I didn't know who that was. Michelle didn't want to say anything incorrect to me because she was very professional, but she knew exactly what I was talking about. She got me the right person, time, and so forth. The person that was talking about COVID didn't have anything to do with this situation.

Original review: May 29, 2021

I love my Orkin tech. Her name is Shelly and she's amazing. She's been doing my service for a couple years now and she is so different than the other techs that have been out before. There was nothing wrong with them, they just went about their jobs, and the sooner they could get out, the better. But Shelly will stop, knock on the door, and with COVID, obviously taking those precautions, she stays outside. But she will ask me if I'm having any trouble with anything and if there is anything that they can do for me. She also tells me about things to look out for and goes that extra mile. You know when you get good service and when somebody really likes their job and cares about it.

Aside from that, it's really super easy to reschedule with Orkin and I've had to a couple times due to other work being done at the house. They're always really good about scheduling for when it works out for me. I really noticed the difference with them treating my pest problem every quarter. Where I live used to be cornfields and now it's kind of a new division. So we have these huge wolf spiders and they're these hairy things that if you step on them, you could probably see their legs from out underneath your shoes. They're huge and my neighbors still have issues with them but I do not. All in all, I'm super satisfied with Orkin. But, especially with COVID, the cost should remain the same when your inside is not being treated and just the outside is. When you get half the service, the price should be half the amount. But that's my only input on anything negative. Everything else is absolutely positive.

Orkin Pest Control response

Hi Jamie. Thank you for your positive feedback and for being a loyal customer. We're happy to hear that you're pleased with our service and your technician Shelly.

Original review: May 22, 2021

Orkin schedules the service and I find that they have a tendency to change. One time, they were supposed to come out on a Friday but on Tuesday, I found out they were coming out on Wednesday. Then, last year, we were having problems with them changing schedules to two weeks later and then four weeks later. Hopefully, we won't have that same problem this year. The schedule changes every once in a while but as long as it’s just a couple of days from what it usually runs, then that's fine. Also, I prefer to be here but it seems like I'm never here when they need to be here. But we work it out. And using Orkin is a lot easier and convenient than doing the job yourself. I haven't seen as many wasps this year out, which is usually our biggest problem, along with the digging, wood-eating ants, which we had a problem with last year.

Orkin Pest Control response

Thank you for your positive feedback. We will notify your local branch of your scheduling concerns.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Orkin is proactive about scheduling. They would send me a notice and let me know that I'm on the schedule. And then if I have any questions, I can give them a call. I've done that a couple of times, because usually right around the springtime when they schedule me, they do it on a day it's supposed to rain. So I've had to move the schedule a couple of times because of rain. The guy said he checks the weather when he is scheduled to go to somebody's house. And what he tries to do, which is a good thing, is schedule inside services on rainy days, and then he would do the outside whenever it was not raining.

The guy came out a couple of days ago for mosquito control service. And then it started raining. But he said he could come back this coming week when it's drier. Because what he sprayed probably got washed off because of the rain. They did it last year and it worked out good, so I figured I’d have them try it again this year and see what it does. There was one guy before that who was iffy. But I've had three or four different people come out. But this last guy, has been out here for the last 12 months. When my scheduled service was due, he would be the same guy to come out and he has been good. Overall, it has been a good experience and a good service. The folks that come out are generally thorough, as far as taking care of the pests. And then, they send me an email identifying what types of critters they've been targeting. So far, I've been fully satisfied with what I got.

Orkin Pest Control response

Thank you Glenn for your positive feedback.

Original review: July 15, 2021

My experience scheduling the service with Orkin has been up and down. It seems like if I tell customer service to do something, they lose their notes in less than a month. Most recently, someone came out to spray mosquito repellent. The technician is really courteous and very friendly. He usually goes above and beyond, as long as he gets the nod from the operations people. Pest control-wise, that is not working very well. The feedback that I get is, "Technically, you have to take into consideration the area and the increase in humidity," which ultimately kind of gives me the impression that I'm buying snake oil.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Very polite - on time and helpful. Orkin has been taking care of my critter problem for several years. Since we live in the Mountains, we have many small critters that destroy my gardens. Orkin takes care of that problem. Thank you.

Orkin Pest Control response

Thank you Evelyn for the positive feedback.

Original review: July 2, 2021

We've been using Orkin for 16 years. It's great scheduling the service with them. We haven't ever had a problem with any of the technicians that come up to the house. They've been polite and nice to deal with. They're great. They come out every three months and we always notice the difference, especially my husband. He's the one who's really afraid of spiders and anytime we have services, we see the decrease afterward. I'm so happy that the tech now is a woman. To see a woman in the industry is phenomenal and she's really great. I give her 5-stars and a thumbs-up.

Orkin Pest Control response

Hello Sophia! Thank you for you for your positive feedback and loyalty. We are so happy you are pleased with our technicians!

Original review: July 1, 2021

Orkin costs more than other companies and I don't want to see their prices go up. But we appreciate the service and it keeps pests down. I also love the lady that comes to my home. She's a sweetheart of a lady and always considerate of my needs. I have a son with a disability and she always makes sure that it's a good time to come. She's very helpful and if we have any problems, she's right there on the spot.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Excellent service from Johnathan interior and exterior. Very respectful of personal property and my environment. Would highly recommend Orkin Pest Control. Long time customer dating back to the 1990s.

Orkin Pest Control response

Hi Robert. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with Orkin and your technician Jonathan. Thank you for the positive feedback.

Orkin Pest Control Company Information