4.8/5 (375 ratings)

About Orkin Pest Control

Orkin is a worldwide pest control company with over 1.5 million residential and commercial customers and over 100 years of experience. It specializes in treatments against common pests like rodents and insects, but it also offers other services, including insulation and moisture control. Orkin provides free estimates and a satisfaction guarantee.

Pros

• Free estimate
  • Integrated pest management
  • Residential and commercial services
  • 30-day money-back guarantee

Cons

• Limited pricing information
  • Not available in AK, WY, SD

Bottom Line

With over 100 years in business, Orkin is one of the most well-known pest control brands. The company features highly trained technicians and customer-friendly guarantees. Contact Orkin for a free consultation.

Top Orkin Pest Control Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Verified

Fantastic & professional service...I don't know how I would have been able to handle this mess without this company! They gave suggestions on how best to tackle this problem, and ...

Verified

Appointment was kept and they were professional as well as friendly. When I asked to modify their estimate to help me afford the service, there was some stalling, but eventually t...

What is Orkin Pest Control?

Orkin, founded in 1901, has over 100 years of experience with pest control. It has more than 400 locations across the world, including branches in most U.S. states. The company provides pest control for homes and businesses and guarantees customer satisfaction. Orkin technicians go through 160 hours of training, including coursework from Purdue University and hands-on simulations at Orkin’s 30,000-square-foot facility in Atlanta, Georgia.

Orkin uses an integrated pest management approach (called A.I.M.) with the goal of causing the least possible harm to people, property and the environment. Every Orkin visit includes assessment of the situation, the implementation of specific, science-driven solutions and the monitoring of pest activity to ensure the control technique is working.

How does Orkin work?

To find out if Orkin can help with your pest problem and to get an estimate, you can call Orkin or fill out a form online to be contacted by a company specialist. Orkin may give you a price over the phone or visit your home for an inspection.

Orkin uses a three-step pest control process, which it refers to as A.I.M.: assessment, implementation and monitoring. An Orkin technician starts by inspecting your property. They then work with you to come up with a protection program, choosing tools, technology and products that have the lowest environmental impact. After treatment, Orkin monitors results and continues to check for pest activity.

Orkin services come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you choose a treatment plan and pests come back between treatment dates, Orkin returns at no extra charge. And if Orkin can’t solve your pest problem, it refunds your last payment. Orkin also promises to respond to customers within two hours and have someone at your property within 24 hours.

Orkin services

Orkin treats issues with the following pests:

• Bedbugs
  • Earwigs
  • Ticks
  • Mosquitoes
  • Stinging insects

In addition, Orkin also provides these services: attic insulation to help residential customers save on energy costs and keep away pests; moisture control to prevent termite damage and mold; and lawn care for pest and weed prevention. Free inspections are available for each of these services.

Orkin price

Orkin determines pest control pricing based on a customer’s home, type of pests and other factors. The best way to get a quote for your specific situation is to contact your local Orkin branch. Getting a quote is free and comes with no obligations.

For example, we requested a quote for an annual pest control plan for a three-bedroom home in Tulsa, Oklahoma, that needed roach control. We received an estimate of two $195 payments over two months, followed by 10 more monthly payments of $48. That’s an annual total of $870.

Orkin Pest Control FAQ

What chemicals does Orkin use?
What chemicals Orkin uses depends on your specific pest situation. Orkin states that all chemicals it uses are approved by the Environmental Protection Agency and are safe for kids and pets. Orkin technicians provide documentation of chemicals they use during treatment. The company recommends you let your technician know if you are pregnant, have a newborn or have specific allergies. You can access product labels on Orkin’s website.
Does Orkin get rid of mice?
Yes, Orkin handles mouse problems. The process starts with a technician performing a rodent inspection to find out what species is present. Treatment may include both chemical and nonchemical methods.
Who owns Orkin pest control?
Orkin is owned by Rollins, Inc., a pest and termite control company based in Atlanta.
How much does Orkin cost for roach control?
The cost of roach control from Orkin depends on your property and other factors. For an annual plan for a three-bedroom house located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Orkin quoted two monthly payments of $195, followed by 10 monthly payments of $48.
Is Orkin safe for pets?
Yes, Orkin’s chemicals are safe for pets, the company says, as long as pets are kept away from treated surfaces until they are dry, which can take one to two hours. Pets don’t have to be out of the house during treatment, but Orkin says it can be helpful.
Does Orkin get rid of bedbugs?
Yes, Orkin offers bedbug control and removal service. Its ongoing detection service may not be available in all locations, though. It may also charge an inspection fee.
How does Orkin treat termites?
Orkin customizes plans for termite infestations using several treatments, including Termidor liquid treatment, Orkin Dry Foam, OrkinFoam, and Sentricon bait and monitoring. Your pest control specialist will tell you which of these treatments will work best for your particular infestation.
Does Orkin do payment plans?
Yes, Orkin customers can pay monthly. Speak with your local Orkin branch about setting up a payment plan for pest control services.
What does Orkin use to kill roaches?
It depends on the specific infestation in your home. An Orkin pest control specialist will discuss which chemicals, if any, will work best for your situation.
Does Orkin do free inspections?
Orkin offers free termite inspections. It also offers free pest control quotes. For more information, call Orkin or fill out the contact form on its site.

Is Orkin worth it?

Orkin is one of the most experienced pest control companies around, with over 100 years in business and nearly 2 million residential and commercial customers throughout the world. Its technicians go through extensive training in Orkin’s approach to integrated pest management. However, it’s a good idea to read reviews and compare Orkin with other pest control companies before making a decision.

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Orkin treats every three months and they allow me to split my bill into three separate payments, because that's how I have to do it. So each month I send in a third and then a third, and when I pay the final third, I schedule. They've had me on this schedule for quite some time and I appreciate it. I'm extremely happy with my technicians. Abraham has been my technician for many years. He's been recently promoted and in the office now. He will come out and do scheduled treatments but that is only if they're shorthanded or he will go out if he's needed in the field. But he has always been extremely professional and a super nice guy. He's very thorough and gives me my reports. He's wonderful. Since he's been promoted in the office now, the last gal I had come out, was on it. She's young and extremely thorough, and answered any questions I had. I hadn't met her before, but if I can have her to replace Abraham, she's a treasure.

Originally, my house was a cabin here in the desert and over 40 years ago, I was overrun with silver fish. I had the independent guy come out for that. The desert is full of all kinds of critters, but they're basically outside and I get little water spiders in here once in a while but that's no big deal. But as the years went on, I had my house fully remodeled. I sunk quite a bit of money into it. Since the remodel 20 years ago, there have been several different strains of these Oriental American cockroaches. In the dead of summer, when it's 120 degrees, you can go out there in the night, and there are bazillions of them. They're after water and my yard has 100 trees and a lot of leaf litter. But I'm on the septic system and when they come in the house, they die. They can't survive in the house but they get in. I even duct taped the bottoms of my front and back door every night and I don't even open windows in the summertime.

Once in a while, you'll see one crawling across the dining room floor and I'll kill it. But one or two here and there just get in and the only reason I'm calling Orkin is because I don't want cockroaches in my house. Over the years, Orkin has pounded me so hard with the stuff and then Abraham changes the chemical as per the season requires. I set the sticky traps and I have them everywhere. But in the last two years, my activity for cockroaches inside the house have been way low. I might see a couple here and there that sneak in and on the traps but I can't even remember the last time I saw one in the night. They are contained and I'm very happy. I'm not gonna quit Orkin’s service. I'd give their phone number or the website to anyone looking for service.

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Dean is probably one of the best employees Orkin has ever had because he cares about the person he's talking to. He will even go out of his way. For instance, he moves the things away from my house that I have up against it, like ladders or brooms. He moves them all to the side so they don't get the pest stuff on them and there are times that he'll look at my back deck, and he'll sweep it off for me. I'm disabled so he's just like that. He always asks questions. He comes and informs me what he thinks and sees, and he's very informative. He's an all-around nice guy.

We used to have an older double-wide and we got infested with mice bad because we live next to fields. Once they got in, they were everywhere. There were other pest control guys before Dean, who were nice and very good, but he was on top of things. He'd tell us what was going on in the neighborhood, for pests that's going on in the valley. And when we finally got our new place, we put in a foundation. If I even have a hint of a smell of a possible mouse, I start to have a panic attack. If he finds some down in my crawlspace, he says the lid is probably not sealing correctly and it's usually in the trap that he's got down there. It fell through more than likely so I'm not too awfully worried about that. But I want to get that lid changed and just haven't had the money to do it.

Orkin is awesome and people should go for it. The only thing I have a problem with is their price has gotten higher and higher. I do it quarterly because I'm a disabled widow and everything's getting tighter. Orkin does quarterly, but I can't afford to have them here every month. They need to look at lowering the prices, because if they don't, I might end up having to stop. They could have Senior or Disabled discounts because I'm both. But Dean has been so helpful. He knew my husband before he died and he was very good to all of us. Orkin had a substitute come in that has taken over a lot of the areas over here because there were so many and they were splitting it up. I told them not to let us lose Dean because I like him. The other guy was good and very nice but Dean spent more time. He was more meticulous about what he does. You don't get that very often. Plus, customer service is number one for him.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

The last time that my house was treated, I wasn't home but I received the text notification that the reps from Orkin were on their way. Then, I received another text notification that they were there and would be treating my home. I was glad that they let me know that they were going to be there and what time they were going to be there. I always had the same technician who treats my home. He's good and always asks me if there is any problem. He told me to call and let him know if I need him to come back and he will and do another treatment. He's even giving me advice for some other things, like termite inspection. My initial problem was an ant infestation when I first moved into my home. It had been empty for a long time so I needed to have it treated. Then, I found out from other neighbors that ants are our problem in our neighborhood. So, I decided to keep the service. I have a treatment every other month and it's been great. I'm not having a problem.

If I'm here directly after Orkin treats the place, I notice in some places where the treatment was put. That's in the event that it has dried up quickly because it does dry quickly. And when the rep is here sometimes, he tells me where it was treated or where he saw where it might be a problem and he pays special attention to that area.

People should use Orkin. I've been using them since I moved into my house and that was in 2016 when I first noticed and was told by my neighbors that we had ant problems. A lot of my neighbors treat their homes themselves because they're men and they can carry that stuff around and lift it up and everything that they need to do. But I tried that myself in the beginning and I’d rather have someone else come out and do it. I've been having termite inspections as well, which was something that I was told that would be something available to me free of charge. So, I took advantage of that and I appreciate Orkin’s honesty because they could have been unscrupulous. Every year that I've had the termite inspection done, they've told me it's been fine, but where certain areas that I may want to look out for. So, it's been a good experience.

Orkin Pest Control response

Hi Stacey! Thank you very much for such a great review! We work very hard to make sure that we are offering the best experience at Orkin.

Original review: May 23, 2022

I love Orkin and I like all the servicemen. They take care of my things. They let me know what day they're gonna be coming. They change sometimes, one or two days difference. Once in a while, there’ll be a week difference. But they call me right before they come, which is good. The other ones, I don't know if they call the people that live in the property. One of them leaves one of those sheets of paper where it says what they sprayed. The other one sometimes will tell me if they’re home and what day they came.

What I'm having problem with is the billing and we started having these problems because of the pandemic. At first, I used to give the checks to the servicemen and they would take it to the office. It worked with some of them and didn't for the others so I asked what do I do with them. They told me to mail the checks in but there are still problems. Orkin always puts me on past due. I have three houses and I have the mosquito service. I always send the three checks for the houses and another one for the mosquito service. I put which check belongs to each house and which one belongs to the mosquito service. I also put the account number.

I don't know what happens, but they never put it on the right place or they're saying that they have two different addresses. When the servicemen come, I mail that same day. They don't let me know when the other houses have been serviced so I put it all together with the house that has been serviced over here, but it's not supposed to be past due in anyway. At one time, they put two checks on the same account after I had put the house number at the bottom of the check.

Last year, I spoke to Steve. I told him I was having problems with all this and he was gonna go and talk to them, but I'm still having problems with them. The other day, Elizabeth called, and I told her what was happening. I looked through all my statements to get a copy, cut the checks and put them together. I told her, “These are the checks. They say what day I wrote them what day they were posted." She gave me her email address and I kept trying to send them through to her but her email address wasn't correct. I called yesterday and told them I need to get Elizabeth to call me because she gave me an email address but my emails are not going through. So far, I haven't heard from her.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

As soon as we bought this home, we started right in with Orkin. We called them before we even moved in. I love their service. It's great. I have my Orkin man that I use because I like the same person to come to my home every time, and they've been good at that instead of sending different people. The only thing that I've ever had anything that I do is sometimes they want to schedule the appointment a little sooner and I call them to move it out a week. They always send me an email and all I have to do is either call Jacob directly or call Orkin and they reschedule it for me for a week.

The pest activity is very much under control. When I called them the first time and set up with it, they had to come three times a week to begin with, because when we bought the house we saw signs of termite. We also saw sugar ants in our closet. With the cold weather, this last year and the fires the year before, on the neighborhood app, everybody in our area was having problems with rodents. And we did, too. But our Orkin man came out and went under the house and stuffed the coily stuff so that they couldn't get through it. My husband was in the house and anywhere they could see a light, they were both stuffing from both directions. We haven't had any problems since. The tech still goes under the house and takes the traps out, empties them if anything's in them. So, we're extremely happy with our Orkin service.

Everybody's always polite when I call to pay my bill. I don't like strangers knocking on my door and if they couldn't get somebody steady, even the owner or manager of this area would be willing to come do it himself for me. So, I have nothing but good things to say about the company. The reps are all good and I like them all. I know them by name.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

Orkin Pest Control came out yesterday and sprayed. There were couple of hiccups with the scheduling, but I got those resolved with them. Michael's been our guy for a number of years and he is dynamite. He pays attention to details. He's never late, courteous as can be, and knows his work. He offers us a lot of good tips. We like him a lot. I recommended Orkin next door and Michael's got their account too.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

Orkin Pest Control came out, did an assessment and got things started. They spray every month. We have a problem with ants. So occasionally, we have to call them in to have them come out and take care of the calls. They're great. Also, they keep the roaches at down.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

Orkin Pest Control's customer service is usually very good. And I am pleased with how the products work. The monthly service tends to take care of any problems we might have. I'm pleased with it for that reason.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

Orkin has been doing the job that we paid them to do. We live out in the country where sometimes we have problems with mice and the bait stations' taking care of it. The technician is a very nice guy, too. We've gotten the service that we expected from them, and if there are insects around, it's to the extent that they can take care of them. But sometimes there are things that nobody can fix like the stink bugs that were everywhere last year. When it's time for our service, somebody sends me an email and they tell me what day the tech's going to show up. And usually, they give about a two-hour window. Then I get an email when he's on his way, and an email when he's here. Although, usually, I know when he pulls up in the driveway. The quality of the service is excellent. But many years ago, they were supposed to treat a fungus or wood rot and I'm not sure they ever finished it and they never came back.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

I needed a Wood Destroying Inspect Report (termite inspection) for my refinancing. I selected Orkin (855.281.7097) to perform the inspection. Upon completing the inspection, I was told the only way to get the termite inspection report was to buy a treatment plan for $2000. The inspector told me there was no sign of termites and that I passed the inspection, but the only way to get the termite report was to have a treatment plan as well. I called the office to complain, but was told the inspector would explain it to me. I went to another company, to perform the same inspection and was issued the required report. My complaint is that Orkin and the branch #308, 1810 Byberry Road, Bensalem, PA. Phone number 267.916.5105 are operating in an unethical manner forcing people to buy a treatment plan that is not required to get a report to enable a mortgage application to close. I feel the VA should not rely on the reports from Orkin.

Orkin Pest Control Company Information