2. Homeowners

Orkin Pest Control

Orkin Pest Control
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.30/5

Banner image

Looking for pest control services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Looking for pest control services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin Pest Control?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I have no feedback about Orkin’s Pest Control as they were SO Poorly managed we never got to that stage. We used the Burnaby / Vancouver Branch. Booked initial visit for assessment ($75) and they were on time and appropriate. 1st treatment booked for ant control, we moved all furniture and took time off work, and they did not show up. Took over 24 hours to get a call back for an explanation and to rebook. 2nd appt for treatment booked a week later, so all furniture / drapes etc. moved back to live for a week and moved again for treatment. More time off work. They did not show up, furniture cleaned up again.

3rd appointment for treatment booked another week later. Move all of the furniture in 1500 square feet, 2 feet from the wall again. More time off work. The technician showed up but had absolutely no clue what had been planned or discussed at the initial assessment visit. He was going to spray outside in the pouring rain, when the treatment planned was for inside. Even with instructions he did not seem to know he was doing in the house. We complained and to be fair the Company did not charge us for the treatment and reimbursed the $75 for the initial visit. A few days later Orkin called us to ask if they could “start over”, come out to reassess again and “do thing properly”. We thought, “People make mistakes, let's be charitable and try to work with them”. Guess what...THEY DID NOT SHOW UP.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

I called because we had a lot of tiny sugar ants in our house and they were not going away. We got the one time fee of $600 or so and the ability to call them back for free for a month if the ants were not gone. The first time they came they sprayed the inside of our house and put gel down where the ants were coming in. Some of the ants were coming from a crack in the side of our mirror cabinet in the bathroom and when I asked if they could do anything else to stop the ants from coming in through the mirror they said no. I knew what they did probably wouldn't fix the problem. The customer service on the phone assured me that they would fix our problem and I was doubtful by this point. Almost 2 weeks later and the ants were not gone.

They came 2 more times and nothing they did worked to get rid of the ants. I called for a refund and they refused to give me a full refund but gave me a half refund. I'm pretty sure their website lies with their "money back guarantee" because they did not do that. I ended up buying ant poison powder and spraying it in the crack of the mirror and they have been gone ever since. I also sprayed the powder in the crack of our windowsill where they were coming out. All gone and I did a better job myself by researching what to do than Orkin did for $300.

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I originally hired Orkin for pest control due to my neighbors unsanitary living conditions. At 1st it seemed to help but then the same pest would come back even worse. I would still have to pay out of pocket expenses on top of it kind costs. So why continue to pay for their services. After paying them almost 700 dollars I cancelled my services dad 17th 2020. I was told I would receive my refund within 10 business days. It is now Jan 5th 2021 and still no refund. However on my Orkin account and also when I called the customer service again it showed a refund was made.

Also I cancelled my services months ago and they continued to charge my account even with praying I cancelled in their records. This is when I called again to talk to management. I even waited longer than 10 days to recontact them due to the holidays. I never write reviews but I now feel this company are crooks and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Still haven't got my money back.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

My initial call was great! Customer service informed me of the services and charges. 176.00 first 2 months then 42.00 a month after. First two month tech will come out several times to make sure treatments are taking. This is not what I got! I got tech came out once... I had to call for a 2nd service because I’m still setting bugs. 2nd time came out sprayed only certain rooms on the inside. Did not treat the outside. He came out a 3rd time to finish what he didn’t complete the 2nd time. Guess, what? I’m still seeing big crawling around at night. What of her spraying? Water. The tech, "No worries. I’ll be back on the 15th." You guessed it, no show. Still seeing bugs.

Then wake and my account is charged $42. Why? According to Tech and Csr this was supposed to take place during the 3rd month. It’s been 1 month, literally 31 days. Oh him sprinkling some white powder near the power strip in one room and spraying a solution around the perimeter of the bedroom rooms. He did treat the sockets, acting up high, or the furniture. Terrible service. And they charge whatever they want then tell after that it was for a service... Orkin is crap. The promotion they a running about "If you still see bugs between treatments we will give you your money back." Lies! But they will charge you. I cancelled it all. I am so dissatisfied with the National brand. They do not deliver what they advertise.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

Here are some of the highlights of my experiences with your London Ontario office. This is how you're being represented in London. Understand I'm talking about multiple agents, and at least one manager.

-Unwanted flirting on multiple occasions; brought up traumatic insemination twice.
      -Cancelled first treatment over a closet 9 feet from my son's bed (they stay within 5 feet of hosts).
      -Told me when I was pretty sure I had 15 bedbugs that it would take 6 months of treatments; that was about 6 months ago and I still have them.
      -Multiple treatments scheduled and prepped for, and then cancelled (seeing bites, bugs and bug poop).
      -Gloves used to apply insecticide left on floor for my cat to find and chew on.
      -2 different items ripped.
      -My mattress across the room, on the floor, had been clear; infested thereafter.
      -Bugs spread and increased in # after most treatments (I was tracking them).
      -Cardboard covered glue trap wedged under my heater, risking fire.
      -Implied I had Cockroaches, and lied about cleanliness and prep I'd done.
      -Applied spores ONLY to baseboards, first time with them; I asked if I should be steaming furniture more than once and was told "no"; "bedbugs travel along baseboards 100% of the time" the agent said, defending his actions.
      -Has cost me $700-800, just including laundry, replacement steamer, bags and bed.

-I recently gave up on my bed, because 2 months after first spores (after other treatments), I still had 10 in it; I bought that this past summer, so I could sleep without pain.

A manager came in, and there was no apology or accountability for things done. Instead, he indicated he thought we'd seen great service. And then he implied that I did not have bedbugs and therefore did not need another treatment. This has been done a few times now: refusing to treat if they don't find a live bug (they hide). Their website boasts that if they need to re-treat, they'll do it for free... The first agent to come here said 6 months, and that has been my experience. 6 months with bedbugs feels like a REALLY long time. It really shouldn't take more than one or two treatments, unless you have a severe infestation.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

After initially working to address the rodent problem we were having, they have missed 6 straight appointments. When they contact me they always say they are sorry and will schedule another appointment but with 6 missed appointments, the rodent problem is coming back. Disappointment does not even start to express what I am feeling.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I am very dissatisfied with this company. I scheduled an appointment and was given a 3 hour window. Not only did I take time off to make sure I’m available, they NEVER showed up. No phone call alerting me that they could not make it either. This is so unprofessional & a total waste of my time to say the least. To add fuel to the fire, when I called to get a reason why no one showed up, the poor sweet lady apologized & told me the main office closed but she will send a message to the office and they will contact me the next day. For a big company, they should really be ashamed of themselves. Unless you have time on your hands & wouldn’t mind taking a chance wondering if someone would show up or not, if I was you look elsewhere & don’t waste your time. I know my time is valuable as I am a very busy person & on top of it I’m trying to sell my house & get it ready before closing. TOTAL WASTE OF MY TME. YES, I’m very upset.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I saw mice in my house. It took 7 phone calls to get a response. When the problem came back. 8 days to get service. 4 calls to Bensalem office and 2 to the main. On Thursday I was stood up and now I have to wait till Monday!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I was told that I had mice in my attic. I called Orkin. Before they would even come out I was required to pay then 296.00. I was told an Technician would be at my home that afternoon. He was not. Another person called and was there the next day. That was Saturday. On Monday I called the contact number supplied on the paperwork the technician gave me and was on hold for 27 minutes. I hung up and called a number listed on their website for service and was on hold for an additional 22 minutes. The next day I called and lied saying that I wanted new service. I was connected to Dave. He said he would send an email request for service and that I should get a service call that same day. I did not.

The next day I sent a text to the original technician that put traps in my house. I asked if he was a person I could contact for service. He said he was and an appointment for today Friday October 2nd between 12 and 2 was agreed upon. He did not show up nor did he contact me that he wasn't going to. I had a 3 business day window to cancel my contract. That is obviously past and I have not in any stretch of the imagination received any value for the 349.35 that was charged to my credit card. That amount was the initial service plus one month fee for ongoing service. Needless to say I am EXTREMELY unhappy with Orkin Pest Control.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

Wishing so much I'd have read a review before calling Orkin Pest Control as after 2 treatments which were paid upfront, they billed for a service not rendered, replaced that amount back into our account and are now billing for that again. Service was cancelled due to their billing issues and they sent someone out, unscheduled, to spray anyway. #'s listed to call do not go through and email requests for service do not get a response.

Orkin author review by ConsumerAffairs

Orkin is one of the most popular and largest pest control companies in the world. The company serves businesses and residential property owners both across the country and internationally.

• Company reputation: Orkin is known as one of the leading experts in pest control. The company is more than 113 years old.

• Variety of services: Orkin offers a variety of pest control services, including termites, bed bugs, rodents, ants, roaches, spiders, scorpions, bees, ticks, mosquitoes, and more.

• Location of company: Orkin has locations across the world, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Central America, South America, the Middle East, Asia, the Mediterranean, Africa, the Caribbean, and Australia, so it’s a convenient option for customers across the world.

• Service: Because Orkin exists across the world, it’s hard to depend on consistent customer service. Representatives from location to location may differ due to different regional challenges, different managers, etc.

• Scheduling: Customers who need quick service from Orkin may experience delays and long wait times when trying to book an appointment.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team