4.8/5 (405 ratings)

About Orkin Pest Control

Orkin is a worldwide pest control company with over 1.5 million residential and commercial customers and over 100 years of experience. It specializes in treatments against common pests like rodents and insects, but it also offers other services, including insulation and moisture control. Orkin provides free estimates and a satisfaction guarantee.

Pros

• Free estimate
  • Integrated pest management
  • Residential and commercial services
  • 30-day money-back guarantee

Cons

• Limited pricing information
  • Not available in AK, WY, SD

Bottom Line

With over 100 years in business, Orkin is one of the most well-known pest control brands. The company features highly trained technicians and customer-friendly guarantees. Contact Orkin for a free consultation.

Top Orkin Pest Control Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Verified

Fantastic & professional service...I don't know how I would have been able to handle this mess without this company! They gave suggestions on how best to tackle this problem, and ...

Verified

Appointment was kept and they were professional as well as friendly. When I asked to modify their estimate to help me afford the service, there was some stalling, but eventually t...

What is Orkin Pest Control?

Orkin, founded in 1901, has over 100 years of experience with pest control. It has more than 400 locations across the world, including branches in most U.S. states. The company provides pest control for homes and businesses and guarantees customer satisfaction. Orkin technicians go through 160 hours of training, including coursework from Purdue University and hands-on simulations at Orkin’s 30,000-square-foot facility in Atlanta, Georgia.

Orkin uses an integrated pest management approach (called A.I.M.) with the goal of causing the least possible harm to people, property and the environment. Every Orkin visit includes assessment of the situation, the implementation of specific, science-driven solutions and the monitoring of pest activity to ensure the control technique is working.

How does Orkin work?

To find out if Orkin can help with your pest problem and to get an estimate, you can call Orkin or fill out a form online to be contacted by a company specialist. Orkin may give you a price over the phone or visit your home for an inspection.

Orkin uses a three-step pest control process, which it refers to as A.I.M.: assessment, implementation and monitoring. An Orkin technician starts by inspecting your property. They then work with you to come up with a protection program, choosing tools, technology and products that have the lowest environmental impact. After treatment, Orkin monitors results and continues to check for pest activity.

Orkin services come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you choose a treatment plan and pests come back between treatment dates, Orkin returns at no extra charge. And if Orkin can’t solve your pest problem, it refunds your last payment. Orkin also promises to respond to customers within two hours and have someone at your property within 24 hours.

Orkin services

Orkin treats issues with the following pests:

• Bedbugs
  • Earwigs
  • Ticks
  • Mosquitoes
  • Stinging insects

In addition, Orkin also provides these services: attic insulation to help residential customers save on energy costs and keep away pests; moisture control to prevent termite damage and mold; and lawn care for pest and weed prevention. Free inspections are available for each of these services.

Orkin price

Orkin determines pest control pricing based on a customer’s home, type of pests and other factors. The best way to get a quote for your specific situation is to contact your local Orkin branch. Getting a quote is free and comes with no obligations.

For example, we requested a quote for an annual pest control plan for a three-bedroom home in Tulsa, Oklahoma, that needed roach control. We received an estimate of two $195 payments over two months, followed by 10 more monthly payments of $48. That’s an annual total of $870.

Orkin Pest Control FAQ

What chemicals does Orkin use?
What chemicals Orkin uses depends on your specific pest situation. Orkin states that all chemicals it uses are approved by the Environmental Protection Agency and are safe for kids and pets. Orkin technicians provide documentation of chemicals they use during treatment. The company recommends you let your technician know if you are pregnant, have a newborn or have specific allergies. You can access product labels on Orkin’s website.
Does Orkin get rid of mice?
Yes, Orkin handles mouse problems. The process starts with a technician performing a rodent inspection to find out what species is present. Treatment may include both chemical and nonchemical methods.
Who owns Orkin pest control?
Orkin is owned by Rollins, Inc., a pest and termite control company based in Atlanta.
How much does Orkin cost for roach control?
The cost of roach control from Orkin depends on your property and other factors. For an annual plan for a three-bedroom house located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Orkin quoted two monthly payments of $195, followed by 10 monthly payments of $48.
Is Orkin safe for pets?
Yes, Orkin’s chemicals are safe for pets, the company says, as long as pets are kept away from treated surfaces until they are dry, which can take one to two hours. Pets don’t have to be out of the house during treatment, but Orkin says it can be helpful.
Does Orkin get rid of bedbugs?
Yes, Orkin offers bedbug control and removal service. Its ongoing detection service may not be available in all locations, though. It may also charge an inspection fee.
How does Orkin treat termites?
Orkin customizes plans for termite infestations using several treatments, including Termidor liquid treatment, Orkin Dry Foam, OrkinFoam, and Sentricon bait and monitoring. Your pest control specialist will tell you which of these treatments will work best for your particular infestation.
Does Orkin do payment plans?
Yes, Orkin customers can pay monthly. Speak with your local Orkin branch about setting up a payment plan for pest control services.
What does Orkin use to kill roaches?
It depends on the specific infestation in your home. An Orkin pest control specialist will discuss which chemicals, if any, will work best for your situation.
Does Orkin do free inspections?
Orkin offers free termite inspections. It also offers free pest control quotes. For more information, call Orkin or fill out the contact form on its site.

Is Orkin worth it?

Orkin is one of the most experienced pest control companies around, with over 100 years in business and nearly 2 million residential and commercial customers throughout the world. Its technicians go through extensive training in Orkin’s approach to integrated pest management. However, it’s a good idea to read reviews and compare Orkin with other pest control companies before making a decision.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin Pest Control?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: May 23, 2022

I love Orkin and I like all the servicemen. They take care of my things. They let me know what day they're gonna be coming. They change sometimes, one or two days difference. Once in a while, there’ll be a week difference. But they call me right before they come, which is good. The other ones, I don't know if they call the people that live in the property. One of them leaves one of those sheets of paper where it says what they sprayed. The other one sometimes will tell me if they’re home and what day they came.

What I'm having problem with is the billing and we started having these problems because of the pandemic. At first, I used to give the checks to the servicemen and they would take it to the office. It worked with some of them and didn't for the others so I asked what do I do with them. They told me to mail the checks in but there are still problems. Orkin always puts me on past due. I have three houses and I have the mosquito service. I always send the three checks for the houses and another one for the mosquito service. I put which check belongs to each house and which one belongs to the mosquito service. I also put the account number.

I don't know what happens, but they never put it on the right place or they're saying that they have two different addresses. When the servicemen come, I mail that same day. They don't let me know when the other houses have been serviced so I put it all together with the house that has been serviced over here, but it's not supposed to be past due in anyway. At one time, they put two checks on the same account after I had put the house number at the bottom of the check.

Last year, I spoke to Steve. I told him I was having problems with all this and he was gonna go and talk to them, but I'm still having problems with them. The other day, Elizabeth called, and I told her what was happening. I looked through all my statements to get a copy, cut the checks and put them together. I told her, “These are the checks. They say what day I wrote them what day they were posted." She gave me her email address and I kept trying to send them through to her but her email address wasn't correct. I called yesterday and told them I need to get Elizabeth to call me because she gave me an email address but my emails are not going through. So far, I haven't heard from her.

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

As soon as we bought this home, we started right in with Orkin. We called them before we even moved in. I love their service. It's great. I have my Orkin man that I use because I like the same person to come to my home every time, and they've been good at that instead of sending different people. The only thing that I've ever had anything that I do is sometimes they want to schedule the appointment a little sooner and I call them to move it out a week. They always send me an email and all I have to do is either call Jacob directly or call Orkin and they reschedule it for me for a week.

The pest activity is very much under control. When I called them the first time and set up with it, they had to come three times a week to begin with, because when we bought the house we saw signs of termite. We also saw sugar ants in our closet. With the cold weather, this last year and the fires the year before, on the neighborhood app, everybody in our area was having problems with rodents. And we did, too. But our Orkin man came out and went under the house and stuffed the coily stuff so that they couldn't get through it. My husband was in the house and anywhere they could see a light, they were both stuffing from both directions. We haven't had any problems since. The tech still goes under the house and takes the traps out, empties them if anything's in them. So, we're extremely happy with our Orkin service.

Everybody's always polite when I call to pay my bill. I don't like strangers knocking on my door and if they couldn't get somebody steady, even the owner or manager of this area would be willing to come do it himself for me. So, I have nothing but good things to say about the company. The reps are all good and I like them all. I know them by name.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I was in Bible class and saw a guy spraying. I never saw a roach where we do the Bible class and we eat there. He gave me a card for Orkin. I then had someone come to spray the house for rodents. This house has been here for so long but my mom did not call an exterminator because she was allergic to whatever they were putting in the house. At that time, they used to wear masks to put that chemical. The house was infested with roaches. It was so bad that I was spreading them in people's houses. There was also a time that one got in my ear and I had to go to the hospital. We also had mice and water bugs. I was trying to control them the best way I knew how but they were overpowering me. I used to be embarrassed if I have a party and I always have to keep my pot covered because I don't want any roach to go inside my food.

Richard is the person who has been spraying my house for the past five years and he is A-number uno. We initially had service once a month then it was once every two months. Now it's once every three months. From the roaches that I had in my house before and how I see it now, the difference is day and night. I have seen a beautiful control. I told Richard today that I saw one tiny roach within three months, which is not bad. I also only saw one mouse. The house has a basement and the mice come from the sewage. But they are all under control because Richard leaves food for them. When they eat that, they die. If they die, they get in the glue.

I like that Richard is prompt and I can schedule my appointment around him. If I want to go and have the rest of the day, I don't have to worry about Richard not being here on time. Normally, he comes at night but he was here at 8:45 today, which was still good. He is fast and professional. He gets everything done in an excellent way. He's the only one I allow to come to my house. If he's on vacation and someone else comes, it's hard to fill his shoes because he had such a high standard.

I really thank Orkin for having such very powerful chemicals and Richard said that they are organic. It's also odorless too. I wish that Orkin can go to the buildings in Brooklyn that are infested with roaches instead of having these maintenance people that are spraying people's houses. the situation is bad and if you don't cover your bag, you can be taking the roaches home with you. Now that I use Orkin, even if there's a roach that slipped that came into my house, they would die. I won't even see them because my house is well protected. I really love Orkin and I am an over-satisfied customer. I even let them take the money out of my account. That's how much I trust Orkin.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

During the time that I got Orkin, my mom was sick. I was taking care of her and she was allergic to almost anything. She got bit by a mosquito and it is swelled up. She had to get a shot. Because of my mom's strokes, she didn't feel when a fly or anything was crawling on her and I had to protect her. In the meantime, I had flowers in the house that different people sent to me and I didn't know there were bugs in the plants. I bought some stuff to try and kill them but that didn't do anything. I then had ants coming in at my patio door. I had to find somebody so I called Orkin. This was back in 2001. The first person that came out was Dimitri and I fell in love with him because he was really nice. He found the source of the ants that I was having a problem with.

In the process of finding the ants, Orkin found out that the bugs that I was seeing flying around were coming from my plants. I ended up having to throw away all of them. Orkin also found the source of the ants. Somebody had thrown one of those Twinkies up against my patio door from the outside. It was stuck up around the outside of the patio door and the ants had built the nest there. They were coming from underneath. I had tried so much to get rid of those ants. I can't stand things that crawl and I don’t like flying stuff either.

I had Dimitri for a long time until he got his promotions and moved up. Now, I have Jeff and I love him too. He is very congenial and he's always in a happy mood. He's been doing this job for a little while and I like the relationship that we have. I don't like getting different technicians. I like having the same person. We can find common ground to have a conversation.

My only thing with Orkin is they changed their procedures and now when I get my bill, they don't have the date when they're going to come out. When I first started with them, I chose Thursdays in the morning before 10:00. On the third Thursday, I have a luncheon that I generally go to and that is at 11:30. That's why I would need technicians to get here before 10:00. I would make sure that I am not in the shower where I don't hear them.

When I got my bill before, they showed the date that Orkin was coming out. Generally, someone would call me the night before and let me know that they were coming and what time they were gonna get here. Now, they just say the month that they will see me when they send the bill. A week before, they would send me an email saying they would see me in a week. I don't like this new method because I don't go on my computer and I don't have a smartphone. I would wonder if a technician would come or not at the time that I asked for. I called Orkin and told them about my issue and they just said they would schedule me for such and such. They would let me know when they were going to do it. But my bill comes out and they still didn't put a date and time on there.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I love Orkin's service. It works really well for us. We don't have a lot of trouble with bugs now. If we ever have a problem with something inside the house, I just have to call, and they'll come out and do whatever they need to do. We've been in this house for almost 14 years now, and I've used them since we moved here. I have no complaints about the service at all and its efficacy as well as their willingness to come out and take care of something. If it's not even my appointment time, they'll come in between.

We've probably had five different technicians in our time with Orkin, and every one of them has been extremely professional. I have a pit bull, so lots of times, people are a little nervous about a big dog like that, and they've been very good. They're very personable people. They do a good job. They don't hang out too long, where I'm like, "I wish this guy will leave now." I always knew when they were coming, either through my email or sometimes they give me a call. It was never a huge surprise that they were showing up. I've seen them do their work. They have their little brush where they get all the cobwebs down. They're very efficient.

My current technician, Shelly, is wonderful. We love Shelly. We were having trouble with the big cockroaches coming in at certain times of the year. She said, "Those little devils, they really can't survive inside your house." I didn't know that but she was right. I saw one alive and I couldn't grab it, and the next day, it was on the floor dead. She said, "You don't need to worry that your house is getting infested with them or anything. But I know they're not fun to see. If you feel like you need me to come back out or anything, just let me know." She really put my mind at ease. When I've had people who just moved to Alabama and they complain about all the bugs, I always tell them, "Well, we use Orkin. We highly recommend them. They're definitely not the cheapest service, but you get what you pay for. And they're worth it."

Original review: June 16, 2022

We are very happy with our Orkin service. Our technician, Bob, is the best. He is always on-time and very friendly. He even brings treats for our dogs. The office staff, Betty, is always friendly and helpful when we call for assistance. Highly recommended.

Original review: June 16, 2022

We like the service a lot. Our service person, Dan, is excellent, and he made the difference in our wanting to stay with Orkin. We had a service provider before that was not very good and we were thinking about dropping the service until Dan came. He's very thorough, efficient, and pleasant, and does just a great job.

Original review: June 15, 2022

If Orkin is as professional as Hersh Exterminating was, and so far, it has been, then our house will be bug/rodent/varmint free--until I open a door. Richard, your agent is great, professional, kind, knowledgeable, competent, consistent, willing-to-go-the-extra-mile-kinda-guy.

Original review: June 14, 2022

The young man was on time, very friendly and listened to my complaint. He did what he explained he would do and I was satisfied. Ok I was very satisfied with your tech but doing a survey seems impossible. Not user friendly. Sorry.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Assessment was well done and thoroughly explained to us. We have no tick or mosquito problems since this service. The Tech was very personable and patient with our dozens of questions. He did a terrific job and we really appreciated the work that he did. Thank you.

Orkin Pest Control Company Information