Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners
  3. Pest Control

Orkin Pest Control

Orkin Pest Control
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.13/5

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

They have been very helpful in a situation that we felt we could not handle on our own. The service felt very streamlined and personable and they were very prompt on laying out a timeline. They made this experience a pleasant one and the clean up was very professional. I would definitely recommend to family and friends.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I think Orkin pest control is a really professional Company, I have 1 cat and 3 dogs. I had flea protect for my animals but I guess for my cat it didn’t work because my cat came in the house and within a week or so we had fleas in our basement. We called Orkin and they came over and sprayed in the basement and put sticky traps down too and told us we had to leave our house for a few hours just so we wouldn’t smell the spray he used, so he told us I had to wash every blanket and comforter on every bed and vacuum a few times a day, the guy was a really nice guy very helpful. I would recommend This company.

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Mark ** was the inspector. He was so helpful and so nice. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He could not have been better. One day prior to his inspection, I had found a black snake in my patio storage room. He looked through my storage room and patio and outside my patio, searching for signs of the snake. He found no signs but was so diligent in his searching. I was so impressed with him. Thankfully, his inspection also did not reveal any signs of termites. Thank you again, Mark. You were super!

Original review: June 21, 2019

This company are well educated on different types of bugs and insects. They do spread sufficient amount of spray and traps. I had terrible experiences with German cockroaches. This company gave me time to prepare my place before the actual process of their pesticide against these German cockroaches. They have reacted on a timely manner before these terrible pests multiply so quickly and spread the whole place.

Original review: June 4, 2019

We live in Miami Florida, I called yesterday to set up a Termite Inspection and they gave me an appointment for today, The Female Inspector called me this morning to let us know she was on her way, and arrived to our house within our appointment time range... We were very satisfied with her knowledge and professionalism. Thank God, we don't have Termites, but we sign up to have them fumigate our yard every two months... I hope we can continue with a positive

outcome in the future..Thank you Tania ** for a job well done..!

Miami, Florida

June 4 2019

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: March 11, 2020

I had service for almost two years. Verbally told them to stop, sent in email. However they are still billing me, and threatening me with collector. They have not been to my house in over 6 months. These people are desperate liars who will do anything for money.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

We were 50 percent satisfied until we got a bill for treatment we did not receive, impossible because we live in Trotwood Ohio and had a Tornado May 28 2019, so we called them to let them know that we will longer need the service and prior to May 2019, on February 24 2020 will get a bill $83.00 so my mom called customer service, only thing the lady would do was cut the bill down to 43.00 for a service we didn't receive, I would have liked apology, but they sent the bill to a collection agency which would have lowered my moms A+ credit rating, SHAME ON YOU ORKIN FOR TAKING ADVANTAGE OF A 78 YEAR OLD SENIOR CITIZEN.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Attic was inspected under false pretense. Suppose to look for termites instead inspected insulation which they now install! House length measured to update records, instead tried to sell gutter guards!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I paid every month for a service that I didn't get and they said it was my fault why I didn't get it even though they got their money. Avoid them. They are crooks. At least brads branch in Louisville KY Bluegrass Parkway.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I have asked for their service to help my dad get rid of his bed bug problem. They have sprayed and I've seen dead ones because of it, but they are still in his house. They refuse to spray every room no matter how much I say I want everywhere sprayed. When I stay with my one year old we're getting ate up and the exterminator has come by for a couple extra sprays and says he can't find anything and pretty much ignores us showing him bites and bugs we've caught. Getting a call or email back has been lacking and I am at the stage of requesting their money back guarantee so I can put it towards a company who's responsible and respectful enough to help its customer.

I'm beyond aggravated and setting my child with bites had hit a nerve they don't want to come across. I don't know if it's every Orkin or just the Columbus Ohio branch, but they've failed with no sympathy. We have also requested mice extermination and after one treatment it has shown no difference in our favor. If it's anything like the other treatment I'm expecting in a month's time my father will be evicted by the rats at this point. I spoke so highly of orkin to my father and end up as looking like a liar. Thanks orkin..

Orkin expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Orkin is one of the most popular and largest pest control companies in the world. The company serves businesses and residential property owners both across the country and internationally.

• Company reputation: Orkin is known as one of the leading experts in pest control. The company is more than 113 years old.

• Variety of services: Orkin offers a variety of pest control services, including termites, bed bugs, rodents, ants, roaches, spiders, scorpions, bees, ticks, mosquitoes, and more.

• Location of company: Orkin has locations across the world, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Central America, South America, the Middle East, Asia, the Mediterranean, Africa, the Caribbean, and Australia, so it’s a convenient option for customers across the world.

• Service: Because Orkin exists across the world, it’s hard to depend on consistent customer service. Representatives from location to location may differ due to different regional challenges, different managers, etc.

• Scheduling: Customers who need quick service from Orkin may experience delays and long wait times when trying to book an appointment.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners, commercial property owners

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team