2. Homeowners

Orkin Pest Control

Orkin Pest Control
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.73/5

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin Pest Control?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: June 11, 2020

Fantastic & professional service from reception - Leonora and Tony - pest control technician! I don't know how I would have been able to handle this mess without this company! They gave suggestions on how best to tackle this problem, and the package is really great for money.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Tuesday, May 19, 2020. Although (thankfully!) not solicited, I just wanted to commend Samuel ** for yesterday’s amazing visit. Over the phone I’d complained to Orkin of 10 p.m. visitations by (probably – no way to know) the same mouse (what could the mouse have been looking for?) and before he left, the understated Sammy had not only found and sealed up the two places where a mouse might be coming into and exiting my apartment, but he’d also set myriad traps in case the mouse had been trapped and was in looking for a way to exit. Sammy did this all in record time. He was courteous, respectful, and thorough. Made me glad the guys from Terminix, for whom I’d waited Saturday, hadn’t shown up for their scheduled appointment. So far no return visits from the mouse (or mice) in question. If I ever have a problem in future, I will be calling Orkin.

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

They have been very helpful in a situation that we felt we could not handle on our own. The service felt very streamlined and personable and they were very prompt on laying out a timeline. They made this experience a pleasant one and the clean up was very professional. I would definitely recommend to family and friends.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I think Orkin pest control is a really professional Company, I have 1 cat and 3 dogs. I had flea protect for my animals but I guess for my cat it didn’t work because my cat came in the house and within a week or so we had fleas in our basement. We called Orkin and they came over and sprayed in the basement and put sticky traps down too and told us we had to leave our house for a few hours just so we wouldn’t smell the spray he used, so he told us I had to wash every blanket and comforter on every bed and vacuum a few times a day, the guy was a really nice guy very helpful. I would recommend This company.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Mark ** was the inspector. He was so helpful and so nice. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He could not have been better. One day prior to his inspection, I had found a black snake in my patio storage room. He looked through my storage room and patio and outside my patio, searching for signs of the snake. He found no signs but was so diligent in his searching. I was so impressed with him. Thankfully, his inspection also did not reveal any signs of termites. Thank you again, Mark. You were super!

Original review: July 10, 2020

We had Orkin come out for a possible termite infestation. The guy said we definitely had a termite problem and moisture in our basement that was causing the termite problem. Quoted us $4000+ to get an industrial dehumidifier and treat the termites, without the dehumidifier it was $2000+. We had other quotes and the other companies said we have carpenter ants, not termites. $650 for one year and will also kill spiders, bees, wasps, mice, etc. Orkin is a bunch of liars and thieves!!!! We are going with Fox Pest Control!

Original review: June 10, 2020

I used Orkin to rid my house of bed bugs. They charged $1200 for their service. After their first application They did a second application. After a few weeks I let them know that we were still getting bites. I called them and The customer service lady told me that Allen ** the operations manager would call me back within 24hrs. It has been one week and I still haven’t been called. They claim that they guarantee their service but they don’t honor that guarantee. I would not recommend using Orkin based on our experience.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Orkin was the first company I called for ants remover. The representative said the first time treatment is at $232.14 and the second time will be at $129. If we still have the ants issue after second round, they will come out and do the treatment for free for the third time. In addition, if the third time treatment did not help then they will guarantee a refund of the last payment of $129. What a great deal right?

I asked for the next availability without shopping around other companies. Lucky for us, she said they have someone available on the same day between 3-5. I scheduled the appointment but the technician called at 4 pm that he is running late so will be coming between 5-6. I said sure since I will be home at the time. The service went ok and I got a contract from the technician to sign. The contract was for a yearly reoccurring program that I need to pay $232.14 first and three additional payments of $129 which is additional $258 than what was told on the phone. I asked to speak to the representative I spoke to.

The first representative was unavailable and a different representative called and said I signed for five time treatment which is more than $800 and she did me a favor by removing the fifth time treatment because they do not have the program in the area. If I do not want to sign then I should pay the one time payment of $232.14 which has 30 days window guarantee. She did not forget to let me know that I should be glad to pay that amount as normally one time treatment is over $290. I would not have decide to work with Orkin without shopping around only to get a one time treatment at $290 or even at $232.14 to begin with!!

Second alternative was to sign for the yearly contract and she will do me a favor by giving me $50 discount. In addition to yelling at me the whole time and accusing me that the only reason I requested the service is to pay the first time treatment and get three services only to request refund despite of any outcomes. I asked her to stop yelling at me. She said, she is not howling at me and I would know if she did. I thought to myself that the refund policy was brought up by the Orkin employee who signed me for five time services without my consent or any explanation.

Again, I was only hoping to receive the service that was explained to me on the phone before I made my decision to work with the company without shopping around foolishly believing everything the representative, I suppose. I am very unhappy with this experience and do not recommend using Orkin to anyone. This whole experience was more headache than I ever imagined. I asked her to listen to the first conversation recorded then call me back tomorrow. I will see how this company handles the issue and will update the review.

Original review: May 26, 2020

Arranged for an inspection and they were a no show. Called them repeatedly to remedy the situation and they never got back with me. Took time off of work for this appointment. No show, no call back and no apology. Finally went with Enrick pest control.

Original review: May 22, 2020

Got locked into a contract spending a ton of money and all I got was a guy that would randomly and without notice most times show up and spray and my house from the curb with a large aerosol can of some type of bug spray... Never set up a time to walk my property inspect my house or even talk. The one time I got his attention he basically told me to sit back and let the professionals work... Now I find I still have carpenter ants in the spot I tried to show him. Complete waste of money.

Orkin author review by ConsumerAffairs

Orkin is one of the most popular and largest pest control companies in the world. The company serves businesses and residential property owners both across the country and internationally.

• Company reputation: Orkin is known as one of the leading experts in pest control. The company is more than 113 years old.

• Variety of services: Orkin offers a variety of pest control services, including termites, bed bugs, rodents, ants, roaches, spiders, scorpions, bees, ticks, mosquitoes, and more.

• Location of company: Orkin has locations across the world, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Central America, South America, the Middle East, Asia, the Mediterranean, Africa, the Caribbean, and Australia, so it’s a convenient option for customers across the world.

• Service: Because Orkin exists across the world, it’s hard to depend on consistent customer service. Representatives from location to location may differ due to different regional challenges, different managers, etc.

• Scheduling: Customers who need quick service from Orkin may experience delays and long wait times when trying to book an appointment.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team