Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.03/5

Porch is the leading destination for professional installation, assembly, repair, maintenance, and other home services from quality pros. Porch has a nationwide network of home services professionals that make it fast and easy to tackle whatever's on your home to-do list. Porch also connects customers with a suite of free services, including a dedicated Home Assistant, 24/7 help, online project management, project cost guides, pro reviews, and much more. Learn more at porch.com/reviews.

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Porch Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Professional, Pleasant, Outstanding work. They arrived very timely. We had visitors arriving at our home on short notice, they were willing to come out very short notice. We definitely recommend this company and workmen! They pressure washed the slab in front of our home plus concrete block base on our home. They also pressure washed our carport. Looked like new when they were done. We will recommend them to others.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

This was the first time they have come to my home, so there was an additional charge, but very reasonable. They were running a few minutes late and emailed me to let me know they were on the way. My house was cleaned from top to bottom. Cleaned all fans, shutters, and baseboard as well as the inside of my sliders including the track. They wiped down all the cabinets and cleaned on tops as well. The two people that cleaned were very efficient and extremely polite. After the work was completed, they walked around with me to be sure I was satisfied with their work. I will continue use their service.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

David, of Treasury Valley Pest Control, promptly arrived, and removed the large wasp nest. No wasp encounter or trauma, all nest remains removed. Great job, David. Thank you. All of the other pest control companies I called could not respond immediately and all wanted to enroll me in a recurring service. In addition, when David arrived, we were on our rear patio and did not hear the doorbell. David came around the house and found us.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Once found by plumbers the leak was an easy fix but water features not plumbers job so got Pacific Silver Landscape to repair leak. The leak only required a bit of tubing to be cut off and a small screw clamp to repair. No problem since then. Charged $100.00 for the 5 or 6 minute job. I thought that a bit expensive for labor involved plus travel distance. Only from Keizer but it needed done. Man also made some good suggestions I may take up in the future.

Original review: June 12, 2020

It was great having Doug in our new home to install our two TVs. Doug was pleasant, attentive, and efficient at hanging our 82" and 55" TVs. I really appreciated how careful Doug was with making sure his measurements were accurate and that the TVs were secure throughout the mounting processes. Would highly recommend him if you need help mounting TVs, large or small.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I recommend other options. I had an appointment for an outdoor ceiling fan installation. The pro didn't show, so I called Porch at the number that I had. The representative said he would check on the situation and call back in a few minutes. I gave him a few minutes and called back and spoke with a different representative. She said that she would call to see where the pro was. I said, "Forget it!" Full of disgust, I called Porch's corporate offices in Seattle, Washington. I can assure any person reading that I did not get any heartfelt apology. They merely said that, for some reason, the pro was booked at the same time for two different jobs. Very professional, Porch!

Hello William.

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We missed the mark on communication here, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you still need help with your project, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you again and make it right.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

On the initial contact, they were positive and motivated to do the work, and we set up an appointment for that afternoon. They showed up on time and completed the work with no issues. The electrician was knowledgeable, very cordial and professional. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

They're professional, polite, timely and even helped me out with a couple of minor issues other than what we hired them for. Mike Tinker and his crew are top notch and come Highly recommended! If you need an electrician, call on Tinker Electric, LLC.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

This is a so called inspection guarantee company. Our inspector missed 2 major items. Plumbing and roof. We claimed this against their insurance which is Porch, and they offered us $300 for a close to $4000 repair. Additionally we had to sign that we would not report the inspection company or write a negative review about them. Communications and paperwork looks very unprofessional and makes me think this is someone working out of their bedroom. I would avoid any company using Porch as their way of guarantee.

Porch response

We are very sorry to hear about the experience that you had with this contractor, and would appreciate the opportunity to learn more. Please email HST@porch.com to discuss further.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

Scheduled appt with someone by phone have my deck stained. I received a text message a few days before the appt saying they weren't going to have anyone on that day and if I would allow them to keep looking for a someone. I told them no and to cancel the request because I felt like I made the appt well in advance and the person who I set it up with told me what days were available and which ones weren't. After replying to the text to cancel and gave the reason, I received a reply 30 seconds later saying after reviewing the job closer, they found someone.?? They said they found someone and I would receive a call from that person. The job was scheduled for 9/26. As of 9/30 I haven't heard anything from that person or anyone else from the company.

Porch response

We are sorry to hear about this experience. We aim to provide homeowners with an easy, straightforward process from booking through project completion. We missed the mark on communication here and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Porch questions and answers

What problem is Porch trying to solve?
      We are trying to help people love their home by helping them care for, manage and buy/sell their home.
      What sets Porch apart from the competition?
      Our data. We are a data driven company with 3.2 million professionals and 130 million home improvement projects in our system. We are able to truly know who your neighbors and friends have used and loved.
      What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      We help homeowners connect to trusted reliable professionals that their neighbors and friends have used.
      How does Porch measure success?
      Delighting our customers is our number one goal. To date, we have raised over $100 million dollars, have a strategic partnership with Lowe's and our Porch Home Report is available on over 25,000 real estate websites.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
      That reviews are gamed. We brought in verified reviews so that homeowners know that a certain professional did work on a specific home.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      Mobile has definitely changed the way people book services.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about Porch?
      That we are helping small business professionals by taking away the work of marketing and letting them focus on what they love to do best.
      Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
      Our CEO was named USA TODAY Entrepreneur of the Year and we have been on Seattle's fastest growing companies list as well as Best Place to Work for Seattle Business.
      How has Porch grown or evolved?
      We were 25 employees and now we are over 400.

Porch Company Information