Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.99/5

Porch is the leading destination for professional installation, assembly, repair, maintenance, and other home services from quality pros. Porch has a nationwide network of home services professionals that make it fast and easy to tackle whatever's on your home to-do list. Porch also connects customers with a suite of free services, including a dedicated Home Assistant, 24/7 help, online project management, project cost guides, pro reviews, and much more. Learn more at porch.com/reviews.

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Porch Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Professional, Pleasant, Outstanding work. They arrived very timely. We had visitors arriving at our home on short notice, they were willing to come out very short notice. We definitely recommend this company and workmen! They pressure washed the slab in front of our home plus concrete block base on our home. They also pressure washed our carport. Looked like new when they were done. We will recommend them to others.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

This was the first time they have come to my home, so there was an additional charge, but very reasonable. They were running a few minutes late and emailed me to let me know they were on the way. My house was cleaned from top to bottom. Cleaned all fans, shutters, and baseboard as well as the inside of my sliders including the track. They wiped down all the cabinets and cleaned on tops as well. The two people that cleaned were very efficient and extremely polite. After the work was completed, they walked around with me to be sure I was satisfied with their work. I will continue use their service.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

David, of Treasury Valley Pest Control, promptly arrived, and removed the large wasp nest. No wasp encounter or trauma, all nest remains removed. Great job, David. Thank you. All of the other pest control companies I called could not respond immediately and all wanted to enroll me in a recurring service. In addition, when David arrived, we were on our rear patio and did not hear the doorbell. David came around the house and found us.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Once found by plumbers the leak was an easy fix but water features not plumbers job so got Pacific Silver Landscape to repair leak. The leak only required a bit of tubing to be cut off and a small screw clamp to repair. No problem since then. Charged $100.00 for the 5 or 6 minute job. I thought that a bit expensive for labor involved plus travel distance. Only from Keizer but it needed done. Man also made some good suggestions I may take up in the future.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Big Oak Tree Service of Hannibal was prompt, professional, courteous in removing 5 trees and stumps. They were in and out quickly and cleaned up after themselves. Would recommend Big Oak be contacted and considered for tree service. Get a quote from them.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Gave a deposit and I am expecting the gentlemen from Paradise Lawn & Landscaping to bring plants and trees. Mr. ** seemed very professional and was well pleased with his help in deciding what to plant.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I was excited to get a response from a handyman who could work on fencing for me. He was friendly, made an appointment that worked for both of us. He never showed up and didn't respond to texts or e-mails. I couldn't contact him at all and 2 days later, no follow up and there is no way to leave a review for him on Porch app. I would like to be able to leave a review stating he was a no-show. If I had seen that in a review I would not have booked with him.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Everything is going as planned. I am very satisfied. All the people involved are very nice and business like. I had another contractor give me an estimate and he was going to do it but I could never get him to contact me again.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I will preface this review by saying Cruz, my concierge, was very professional and a good communicator. I had no issues setting up my appointment. Our handyman assigned to dryer vent cleaning was Omar. The day of the appointment I got a text asking if he could come early, which didn’t work for us since my partner who was home could only let him in at the set appointment time. He had an important work call at home before that.

Omar arrived 30 minutes early and called me asking where he should park. I again reiterated that my partner could not let him in since he was on a work call. 15 minutes later, he rang the doorbell and interrupted my partner’s meeting against my wishes asking where he should park even though I told him via text. He rang the doorbell again when he finished parking and interrupted my partner a second time.

I was told on the phone the handyman would need to get both inside and outside, and talked where my outdoor vent location was to determine price. Omar only did the inside and never the outside. He blared on his horn for no reason right before he drove away. It was a horrible experience with handyman which deters me from wanting to use Porch again.

Original review: March 12, 2021

I had two projects I needed contractors for. I called on Friday and was told in 48 business hours I would receive 4 contractors per project. The following Friday arrives. No messages. I call them and after 20 min she says I am sending you the information. They send me 4 companies in other states and 1 that is no longer in business.

Porch response

Hello Larry. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We're not sure where the miscommunication happened here, but if you need assistance please reach out to homeowner@porch.com and we'd be happy to help.

Porch questions and answers

What problem is Porch trying to solve?
      We are trying to help people love their home by helping them care for, manage and buy/sell their home.
      What sets Porch apart from the competition?
      Our data. We are a data driven company with 3.2 million professionals and 130 million home improvement projects in our system. We are able to truly know who your neighbors and friends have used and loved.
      What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      We help homeowners connect to trusted reliable professionals that their neighbors and friends have used.
      How does Porch measure success?
      Delighting our customers is our number one goal. To date, we have raised over $100 million dollars, have a strategic partnership with Lowe's and our Porch Home Report is available on over 25,000 real estate websites.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
      That reviews are gamed. We brought in verified reviews so that homeowners know that a certain professional did work on a specific home.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      Mobile has definitely changed the way people book services.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about Porch?
      That we are helping small business professionals by taking away the work of marketing and letting them focus on what they love to do best.
      Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
      Our CEO was named USA TODAY Entrepreneur of the Year and we have been on Seattle's fastest growing companies list as well as Best Place to Work for Seattle Business.
      How has Porch grown or evolved?
      We were 25 employees and now we are over 400.

Porch Company Information