It's that easy Request Information
3.43/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Porch is the leading destination for professional installation, assembly, repair, maintenance, and other home services from quality pros. Porch has a nationwide network of home services professionals that make it fast and easy to tackle whatever's on your home to-do list. Porch also connects customers with a suite of free services, including a dedicated Home Assistant, 24/7 help, online project management, project cost guides, pro reviews, and much more. Learn more at porch.com/reviews.

435 Porch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Bill and Drew did a great job inspecting home. Answered all my questions, and gave me some good advice. I highly recommend them. Friendly and helpful too. Made me feel much better about the home. They went from top to bottom.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

An excellent job in cleaning the gutters! He was very thorough and took his time to do a great job! He was very prompt and what else can I say other than I would recommend your company to anyone needing someone to do a good job cleaning their gutters!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We had an undermount sink that needed to be removed and a new drop in installed. He had to grind off about 1/2 inch of granite which was very difficult. He did a great job installing the sink and new faucet! I would definitely use Porch.com again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We contacted Porch.com when we ran into problems installing new fireplace doors. They responded to my online request almost immediately. At first I was skeptical because the man I was talking with didn't seem to understand the job or what was needed, and they asked for credit card information over the phone, saying they had to have it to process the service request. They set up an appointment, then emailed to cancel, saying they needed to discuss it with a manager.

I watched my credit card statement daily and there was no problem. I was contacted the next day by another man who knew exactly what we needed. Seems the original cancellation was because the first guy knew he was in over his head and sent to someone else who could help. The second guy (Andrew **) came quickly and did a great job. We paid the minimal price that was appropriately charged to our credit card after the job was completed. Turns out my initial concerns were unfounded, and Porch came through!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

They did a nice job improving our curb appeal by trimming and shaping the bushes. The guy cleaned up and carried all the branches to the street. He was polite and made sure we were satisfied with the work. He called to let us know when he would be arriving and was on time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Install bathtub grip. We were very pleased with David's service. He was very professional and helped me decide which item to purchase for our needs. I was not sure which product would work best. We would recommend Porch to everyone and will use them again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Mirror hanging project - The handyman arrived on time. He was very knowledgeable and professional. He went above and beyond to make sure the project was completed the way I wanted it. Very pleasant experience. The project was completed in a timely manner - just under an hour. I will definitely use Porch again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I contact this company to help me assembly my new bed, the experience was great! He was on time, was easy and quick. I would recommend it to my friends and family. The whole process was painless and my bed looks great!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Drapery Install - Great price, very prompt service. Professional and friendly tech! Arrived on time. Easy to schedule an appt available quickly. I would use again and refer to my friends. Way better than DYI! Great customer service to explain the process. Cell contact when tech was on his ways. Thank you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

They sell their LEDs to contractors and then sell them to contractors at GoSmith which they own as well. Homeowners get about 8 calls for one job. Then when questioned they say they send it to them if two contractors don't take the leads. When I was with Porch I would get. The same leads from both at the same time. If you are a contractor looking to join with either of those companies enjoy the leads and the waste of money.

James,

We're sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience working with us. Sending pros quality leads is something we care deeply about, and we'd be happy to discuss any issues you may have had. You can reach our support team here: https://porch.com/pro/support.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I requested facet installation online and rep from Porch contacted me right away. I scheduled appointment a week ahead. That was all that was good about it. I purchased facet and took day off from work. The appointment was at 10 am. At 10:10 after nobody showed up, I called Porch. The rep named Ian told me that he called twice and left a message that they don’t have contractors in my area. I cannot stand when people are lying so blindly; that just make things worse for me. My phone has record that I got one call from Porch on the day I scheduled appointment for 9 minutes when Ian asked me details about what I want to be done.

The next call to their number was from me on the day of the appointment after no one showed up and no one called me. My phone has no records of any calls in between and there also no message left, like Ian claimed he did. Ian said they will refer me to contractors local in my town, and they will contact me within 24-48 hours. It’s been three days, and no one called.

To summarize, no one showed up and no one called on the day of the appointment or prior and I lost day of work, and no one calling me to complete my request. This company doesn’t have storefront and sound like reps calling you from their cell phones out of their homes. So if the job won’t be done properly, you will never get anyone to correct it! Just keep that in mind. This kind of companies initiated by young generation eager to make money, but they lack one the most important skill-good customer service. Porch, I guarantee you will go out of business soon if this is how you run your business! This so-called company is a joke! I DO NOT recommend this company to anyone!!!

Victoria,

This is certainly not the experience we aim to deliver at Porch, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We aim to provide homeowners with an easy, straightforward process from booking through project completion. We missed the mark on communication here and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

The Front Porch Railing & Gate were finished in a timely manner. The Installer was courteous, and professional acting at all times. The Installer made sure that he cleaned up the work area. Thank You very much for the fine job.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I'm very much pleased with the service that I received from Porch. They were very prompt with the scheduled appointment and the service guy was great. He made suggestions of what would be best for the project and he took care of it. Awesome business.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I was very happy that a technician was available on short notice before the Thanksgiving holiday to install a new dishwasher. He was prompt and courteous. But the job took almost 4 hours and seemed like he was struggling at times. Fortunately my wife was able to help him, but at times, this seemed like a 2 person job. Got everything installed and the new washer is running smoothly.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I needed ceramic tiles replaced in my bathroom. I thought I had the correct tiles, but turns out I didn't. They did some prep work. Then we had to coordinate a time to come back. They finished quickly once they came back. They were flexible about the timing and came on a Sat afternoon.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I contacted Hersy through Porch. He came out to property and within a short amount of time our drainage issues in backyard were solved. He also assisted with contact to put down large patio stones. The backyard looks great. We would highly recommend him. He is professional, honest and does a great job.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

We got our first response asking for help with the electric side of our issue regarding getting help installing a "mini split" heating unit in our house because my wife had had a heart attack and we needed better heat. They not only called that day but literally came the next day "Sunday" and did their part of the job. Outstanding work and dedication. Could not be happier. We thank them.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Contractors, you have to be diligent when dealing with lead companies. Porch takes pride in providing good leads, or refunding money for bad leads. This is a misconception, as I have had several bad leads over the past 3 months that they refused to refund. What I've learned is that Porch makes and changes rules about lead credits on the fly, without providing proper notice to those of us purchasing the leads, and all too often the customer service reps provide incorrect, conflicting, or erroneous information as to lead credit policies. I get screwed on average out of about $150 per month. And you might ask, "Why am I still using them"? Well I've used Thumbtack and all the others and realize that I can usually overcome that $150 drop when I win a job, but that doesn't minimize the fact that they are sharks.

George,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Sending pros quality leads, and crediting leads when they are invalid is something we care deeply about. If you have any questions about our lead credit policy we would be happy to discuss this with you. You can reach our support team here: https://porch.com/pro/support.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

SCC, LLC construction - This company was recommended by Porch and they have done an excellent job... Thank you for your service of recommendations of sources of help with various projects. Once again Thank You.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Scheduled appointment for visit so I could get estimate on handrails. Man came, took measurements. Was to call me with estimate. That was 2 weeks ago and I haven’t heard from him. I would not recommend Porch to anyone I know.

Joni,

We're sorry to hear this contractor has not followed up with you. If you still need assistance with your project, we would be happy to try to connect you with other contractors in your area. We will send you information about this directly.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Everything about my experience was great till my tenant called me to tell me that the door to the cabinet that was installed is falling off. Please call me to remedy this situation as soon as possible. I am not happy with this project.

Roberta,

Thank you for this feedback - we will reach out to you directly to provide assistance.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I got to know the existence of Porch.com through Lowe’s. We booked 2 hours of service for prewired light fixture and fan installations on Oct 6. We had had similar service with a different vendor before and it took them about 2 hours to complete all the hookups. The Porch.com booking staff asked me to book 4 hours just in case the service went beyond 2 hours. On the day of installation, the electrician named Lucky arrived 1 hour late. Then he kept on receiving or making phone calls or text messages. It took him more than 2 hours to hook just 2 light fixtures which would take me less than 30 minutes to install. Then he just dragged on slowly.

My husband and I could not stand it, so we helped him installing 3 lights/fans. After those lights were hooked up, it was already 5 hours and one more pendant light to install. I thought he would finish in 20 minutes, but he literally dragged on for another 2.5 hours. In the end, he spent 9 hours altogether and charged us 7 hours $699 for the 10 light hookups. A 2-hr small project was turned into 7 hour almost a whole day project. Complete rip off! What’s more our granite countertop was drilled many small holes by the electrician. We spent another $200 to get them repaired.

When I complained to Porch.com via email, no response at all for 8 days. When I sent them a follow up email, the manager told me she was out on sick leave and would call me later. Then no phone call or email follow up from Porch.com for another 3 days. I called a few more time and was told (lied) each time again they would call me back. No one has called me even once since a month ago. After this terrible experience with Porch.com, I would warn everyone to stay away from Porch.com. Bad service and even worse customer service.

Nika,

Thank you for your feedback. For our handyman services, we do our best to accurately estimate the total number of labor hours and cost. Sometimes, the work takes longer than estimated and the price reflects this extra labor cost. We apologize if this was not communicated clearly - we will reach out to you directly to communicate further.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

He came out and saw the place. Used his tape measure to calculate square footage. After four days he said the square footage is more than he thought and wanted $400 dollars more to finish. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday he said he could finish by Friday. Thursday he said he wanted $400 dollars more and couldn't finish by Friday. I overheard them talking about another job they needed to go work on. I guess that's why they couldn't finish by Friday. Also, I should have done a background (criminal) check on him before giving him any money.

Kenneth,

We are sorry to hear about the experience that you had with this contractor, and would appreciate the opportunity to learn more. We will reach out to you directly.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Vennie and Kaylin are a tremendous pair of young professional contractors! Their work was very high quality and they are such kind and considerate folks! They care about the client as a whole, not just the requested job at hand. They went above and beyond what many contractors do. We truly appreciate their considerate and thoughtful approach to their work!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Very professional and clean on his work. He help us on doing several things inside and also outside our home. He did some plumbing, assembly furniture, hanging shelfs, changing the whole system of kitchen lights, connecting a buffer in the garden, it was a lot and he did it all. Thank you!!!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Drywall was not done neatly. Retexturing doesn’t look like the original pattern. See attached pic. Top part of pic shows original texture and bottom was done by contractor from Porch.com. Disappointed!!! Would like it redone. It looks sloppy and more effort could have been taken by contractor to ensure it was done correctly.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

The contractor I chose came to the house and texted me a quote the next day and we set up a day to start job. He was able to get the job done without me being there and he updated me on the progress. This worked great with my work schedule.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Come to my home. Unpack the microwave. Mount the microwave over the stove and hang it from the wall and cabinets from holes drilled. Cut out the port for the vent for others to install the vent piping. Cleanup and pack up tools.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

They immediately booked an appointment when I contacted them, for a small but critical repair. Hours before it they called to cancel and stated they would not be able to do any work for me. They claimed they have no one hired within an hour of me, which is not believable as I am under an hour from the Albany, NY area. Essentially, they lied to me in the first place. Do not patronize this business.

David,

Thank you for the feedback, and we apologize for this experience. When your appointment was booked, we believed we would have a handyman able to provide service. As we were unable to send a handyman out, we cancelled the service. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Scheduled through Porch online, set a date and time which worked for me and was actually a quick turn around. Received a call to confirm but wasn't able to call back until the following morning. I was told that there were a few tickets pending for this project but that since I had not called to confirm the project did not have a contractor assigned anymore. I was given a phone number to call for 'escalated cases.' I called and explained what transpired and adamantly expressed a contractor for today, before 5 pm.

Porch had canceled my reservation for the work order. Subsequently received a scheduled time for 5 pm on a Friday night, I suppose this is better than the rescheduled time was offered first for Sunday morning. (This is not a household but a medical office.) Needless to say, their scheduling and tracking system is poor for this type of service industry and my complaint is not an isolated event. I will be working late on a Friday night just so as to make sure this project is complete because of this company's lack of adherence to a schedule, respect for a completed reservation by the customer and Porch randomness to provide resolution to a problem - multiple phone calls, multiple representatives, not listening to customer.

Jen,

We are sorry to hear about this experience. We aim to provide homeowners with an easy, straightforward process from booking through project completion. We missed the mark on communication here and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Porch questions and answers

What problem is Porch trying to solve?
We are trying to help people love their home by helping them care for, manage and buy/sell their home.
What sets Porch apart from the competition?
Our data. We are a data driven company with 3.2 million professionals and 130 million home improvement projects in our system. We are able to truly know who your neighbors and friends have used and loved.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We help homeowners connect to trusted reliable professionals that their neighbors and friends have used.
How does Porch measure success?
Delighting our customers is our number one goal. To date, we have raised over $100 million dollars, have a strategic partnership with Lowe's and our Porch Home Report is available on over 25,000 real estate websites.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
That reviews are gamed. We brought in verified reviews so that homeowners know that a certain professional did work on a specific home.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Mobile has definitely changed the way people book services.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Porch?
That we are helping small business professionals by taking away the work of marketing and letting them focus on what they love to do best.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our CEO was named USA TODAY Entrepreneur of the Year and we have been on Seattle's fastest growing companies list as well as Best Place to Work for Seattle Business.
How has Porch grown or evolved?
We were 25 employees and now we are over 400.

Porch Company Information