It's that easy Request Information
3.35/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Porch is the leading destination for professional installation, assembly, repair, maintenance, and other home services from quality pros. Porch has a nationwide network of home services professionals that make it fast and easy to tackle whatever's on your home to-do list. Porch also connects customers with a suite of free services, including a dedicated Home Assistant, 24/7 help, online project management, project cost guides, pro reviews, and much more. Learn more at porch.com/reviews.

352 Porch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Bahster was an excellent handyman. He did a fantastic job on everything I needed done: hanging ceiling fans, storm door and light fixture. He was very prompt and worked around my busy schedule. He did not mind working late to complete the job. I will definitely recommend Porch to others (specifically asking for Bahster).

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Needed a storm door screen roller installed. Job completed. The first man that you sent completed the job very nicely. I will definitely use the site again. I had ordered the part and needed someone to install. Thank you, the gentleman did a great job.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Couple of landscape stones were left off. Clean up could have been better. Oil from truck leaked on driveway. Overall work on laying landscape wall was OK. Contractors worked hard to finish job in a timely manner. Would not recommend to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I needed two large pines removed! Hurricane Florence destroyed my home and up-rooted a large pine. Excellent job and very far price! Nice hard working men! Cleaned yard up when finished, removed stumps and hauled off debris! I would definitely recommend this company to everyone needing any type of tree service. I was very impressed with the expertise of each member of the company and will definitely use them again if I need more trees taken down.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Man arrived at scheduled time of 5:00 pm, he was done at 6:00 pm. But I was charged for two hours. I was charged $118 dollars, I do not believe the hourly rate was $118 an hour, if I am wrong please correct me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

The workman who came out was very helpful on both occasions that he was here. I was very pleased with his work and his knowledge. I am pleased with both the skill set of the workman and the response time of Porch.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I requested help with a dishwasher installation. The handyman seemed friendly and knowledgeable, but my dishwasher wasn't installed correctly and now it won't drain. This isn't worth the $129 if it won't work right. I probably should have called Lowe's. I'm severely disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

The company quoted $200. They sent two people that took 4 trips to complete the small job because they stood around doing nothing mostly. In the end they charged us double the hourly rate because they sent two people and the hourly job went from 200 to just under 2000. Don't bother calling the one person complaint dept either. Stay away from this company!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Excellent job completed by Porch Services. I’ve saved their contact information and already referred friends and family. They were attentive, reliable, on time and completed the job swiftly and accurately. I am so happy to have them in my world now.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Repair toilets and replace door knobs. Great service. Very nice individual. Completed everything. We were very happy and intend to contact again because we want to replace 2 ceiling fans and two lighting fixtures. Looking forward. Great service. I would recommend you to anyone and was so happy to find you. You were recommended by an individual at Lowe’s and he gave you a great review.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Service person was prompt and knew what he was doing. He went and purchased the two smoke detectors (as I had bought the wrong ones). I had bought battery smoke detectors and my house required hardwired. All work was done with 25 minutes.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Vinyl fence repair done in a responsible time, professionally. Costs of repair was very reasonable. Most fence companies I called did not offer a repair. They ONLY do installs. Some of the Handymen via Angie's List and Home Advisors rate was $300-$400. Porch was a LOT more reasonable.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Kitchen sink - The technician, Bhasker, was very professional and efficient. He understood exactly the task at hand and got right on it. He was able to secure the necessary materials to complete the job with no undue delay. Completely satisfied with workmanship and fairness of charges.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Install garage disposal replacement - Repairman was on time. Installed in one hour. Very satisfied. Very pleasant gentleman who installed it. Person I talked to on phone to set it up was very helpful. Paying with credit card over phone worked well. Overall experience was very good.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I originally gave a good review but, was not too pleased as the first guy had dirty fingers left prints all over crystals and ceiling piece. He also was very messy but, just overlooked that. Then the next morning I noticed that the chandelier was not flush to the ceiling and was hanging down on one corner and looked uneven. I called Porch back and dealt with Brenda and I was okay at first as she had the same guy text me to see what the problem was. He proceeded to tell me that that is how these chandelier's hang and that if I want one to be flush and even I should buy a new one. I am sure Pottery Barn would like to this as that is where I bought it and they recommended we use Porch!

I told him I would not care if someone else came out as he could not make it soon enough as I was concerned about the stability of the chandelier and that it could come crashing down. Marco ** was the second guy to come out and he was very good he had to completely take the chandelier down and secure it to the ceiling as it was not secure at all and could of fallen through the ceiling! Marco had to put toggle bolts to secure it! I feel that the first guy that came just hung it and did not care if it was straight or secure and could of done a way better job even if he had to put forth more effort as someone would have gotten hurt if that had fallen!!! I will never use Porch again!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Septic & Sewer Solutions is the septic Company we went with for septic tank pumping. Porch services were the Most prompt, with Accuracy and Satisfaction. The Company they recommended did a nice clean up after they finished their work on the Septic Tank. I will use Porch again. I do recommend "Septic and Sewer Solutions". I would recommend Porch services to others.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

The appointed time could not be done but a representative called and rescheduled the time. Man showed up on time and fixed our problem without having to replace the sink. Very nice, cleaned up and left the area cleaner than it was.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

The electrical contractor came out and gave a free fast estimate at a for price. I will be hiring him again for other projects!! He was easy to work with and friendly. He showed up in a timely manner. I would like him to come back again!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

The gentleman that showed up was on time, experienced and professional. We would not hesitate to hire him again in the future. He was surprised that I was using this patio furniture in our house. When he completed it, he was impressed with the picture I sent him after I rearranged it. Lol!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Power Team Handyman Services communicated with us before arrival. They were courteous and professional. They installed the ceiling storage shelving in the place I requested. They were done within the 2 hour framework. They cleaned up and disposed of the boxes and debris from the packaging. Checkout was easily accomplished. I could not be happier with my experience.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

This is my second time using Porch service. The first time the person did what I needed but charged me $30 more then what I was told. This time I needed my kitchen backsplash put in. The man came but didn't finish and said he would come back the next day. I paid in full for the day (I was given the day rate and assured it would only take a day) which was a big mistake because not only did he cancel the next day and want more money under the table to finish the job, but he did not even call or show up on the rescheduled day. I called Porch service to complain and either get someone out to finish the job or give me my money and no one has called me to do either!

Now I got a text from the original handyman to come back and finish the job because according to him, he's the only guy available in the company. This is not right. And now I'm held hostage with a kitchen that is not finished and paid for in full! I'll never use this company again and I'm going to tell Lowe's to stop recommending such an unreliable unprofessional business.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I had purchased a door and needed to have it installed. I contacted Porch and had a response within 30 minutes. A & A Doors and More contacted me, discussed the garage door, provided an estimate, date and time. I appreciate that the project would be completed in less than week. Art contacted me to advise he would arrive earlier than anticipated, which was acceptable. The garage door was installed, old door removed/hauled, and the clean up was all completed in a timely manner. A & A Doors were professional, timely, provided great customer service, and I would recommend them to family & friends. I am going to use them again for another installation of a second door.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Having a huge problem with residential house spiders and centipedes. Decided to try Porch to recommend a Pest Control Service. In less than 10 minutes after filling out some basic questions for Porch, I received a call from a Pest Control Company. Very courteous representative and able to come to our house the next day. Service representative showed up on time and was very pleasant. It has only been a few days but spider and centipede problem has been nearly eliminated.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Do not attempt to use this company - Porch. I wish I had read the reviews before I agreed to do a project with them to repair a broken file cabinet. Like so many other reviewers have stated, they never showed up. I scheduled an appointment for Saturday morning. The person never showed up. No calls, no texts, no email, no show. On Monday, they called and left a voicemail about rescheduling. I called back three times, but only got a voice mailbox. They never called me back. This is the same story I have read in numerous reviews about Porch. They are completely unreliable. My advice is to look for another more reliable company. It will save you time and frustration.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I was very pleased with the gentleman that did the faucet repairs. He was prompt and explained all that need to be done. I would recommend him again. He also fixed other things that needed to be repaired at a reasonable price.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I loved using Porch and they found an EXCELLENT company for me! Very polite, friendly and fast service! Kings Lawn and Tree and David are the best! I called to have a tree planted and he picked the best tree and planted it for my daughter within a week. Thank you for your service!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Asked for help in finding someone to commit to snow removal. The request was posted and a company called the same day. The gentleman came out that afternoon, looked over the lot and we agreed on a plan. I signed the contract and paid for the season. Cost was exactly what I had expected/hoped it would be.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

The technician did a great job. I was just disappointed that they did not communicate accurately about the use of gift coupons. I was under the impression I could use them towards my project. But in fact I could only apply $25 of the $100 I had. I was also charged for 2 TVs but could not use a coupon for each tv, just one for the whole project. It would have been smarter for me to have someone come out twice and do 1 tv per time. Unfortunately, I will be leaving $75 on the table because it doesn’t pay to have someone come out 4 different times. The people I dealt with were polite and the technician did a great job and explained things to me. I just wish the policy had been explained up front.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Was going to purchase a carport thru Lowe’s and they gave me this site to find an installer. When I used it, I never received a response from anyone, so I made my purchase elsewhere. Plus I saved a bunch of money.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I was extremely frustrated with the booking process for Porch. I booked a 2pm appointment, never got confirmation, and on the day of, was told it would be 5pm, and then the guy called me saying he was late. As I had an appointment at 7pm that night, and had taken off work, I had to cancel and reschedule my appointment for the next day. I did this directly with the guy who built my furniture, as the Porch person was completely unresponsive. I don't think I will use you guys again as I had to take TWO days off work for this.

Porch questions and answers

What problem is Porch trying to solve?
We are trying to help people love their home by helping them care for, manage and buy/sell their home.
What sets Porch apart from the competition?
Our data. We are a data driven company with 3.2 million professionals and 130 million home improvement projects in our system. We are able to truly know who your neighbors and friends have used and loved.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We help homeowners connect to trusted reliable professionals that their neighbors and friends have used.
How does Porch measure success?
Delighting our customers is our number one goal. To date, we have raised over $100 million dollars, have a strategic partnership with Lowe's and our Porch Home Report is available on over 25,000 real estate websites.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
That reviews are gamed. We brought in verified reviews so that homeowners know that a certain professional did work on a specific home.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Mobile has definitely changed the way people book services.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Porch?
That we are helping small business professionals by taking away the work of marketing and letting them focus on what they love to do best.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our CEO was named USA TODAY Entrepreneur of the Year and we have been on Seattle's fastest growing companies list as well as Best Place to Work for Seattle Business.
How has Porch grown or evolved?
We were 25 employees and now we are over 400.

Porch Company Information