It's that easy Request Information
3.54/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Porch is the leading destination for professional installation, assembly, repair, maintenance, and other home services from quality pros. Porch has a nationwide network of home services professionals that make it fast and easy to tackle whatever's on your home to-do list. Porch also connects customers with a suite of free services, including a dedicated Home Assistant, 24/7 help, online project management, project cost guides, pro reviews, and much more. Learn more at porch.com/reviews.

616 Porch Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 15, 2019

I was extremely apprehensive about utilizing Porch services after paying a $99 fee through Walmart to have the TV stand that I purchased assembled. I found out after placing the order that the $99 was just an estimate and not a fixed quote. I spent several times over the phone and via text trying to figure out exactly how much it would cost me before scheduling an appointment. Since I only paid $149 for the stand, I did not want to pay more money getting the stand assembled than it was worth to begin with. Finally, I decided to bite the bullet and eat the cost but after speaking with someone at Porch, I was told additional charges are only added if the item requires to people to assemble and/or is excessively large.

In addition, when I found out that Porch is essentially a handy man service, I signed up for them to mount a curtain rod for me, as well for an additional fee. I am extremely happy with Alvin's work and the timing was perfect! My TV stand looks lovely in the living room and the curtain rod that was mounted hangs up the curtains that I have covering my front door to provide some level of privacy. I was so happy that I was not charged any additional money for the assembly, even though it took a little over 2 hours to complete. I will definitely be utilizing their services in the future!

KP

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Adriano **, I call him an Artist. His work is superb. I have a very expensive house that was a rental and I am now selling. Once the renters left, I found significant water damage to all the cabinets throughout the house. The kitchen was the worst. I had four cabinet restoration businesses come out to asses the damage and quote me on repairs. One would not quote. Two others wanted to charge a large fee to totally strip the cabinets and recolor them. Then Adriano came in. He stated that he would bring back all the cabinets to original color and finish. He spent time examining the wood and its quality and explaining how he would accomplish this task. The amazing part was his price, it was very reasonable and competitive.

His work ethics are great, he showed up on time and finished on time. He was neat, no dust or mess. When he completed the project, he asked me to examine all the cabinets to make sure I was satisfied with his work. He is a real gentleman, friendly and great to talk to. I am highly recommending him and his work. In fact, we have some furniture in our home that we want him took at that needs some restoration work. If you hire him you will be amazed with his finished product, because he is a truly an Artist.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We contacted Porch.com when we ran into problems installing new fireplace doors. They responded to my online request almost immediately. At first I was skeptical because the man I was talking with didn't seem to understand the job or what was needed, and they asked for credit card information over the phone, saying they had to have it to process the service request. They set up an appointment, then emailed to cancel, saying they needed to discuss it with a manager.

I watched my credit card statement daily and there was no problem. I was contacted the next day by another man who knew exactly what we needed. Seems the original cancellation was because the first guy knew he was in over his head and sent to someone else who could help. The second guy (Andrew **) came quickly and did a great job. We paid the minimal price that was appropriately charged to our credit card after the job was completed. Turns out my initial concerns were unfounded, and Porch came through!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I was referred to your website by Lowe's. There I located and called a local (Mesquite, TX) contractor. He was at another job, but promised to come by before 8 PM to evaluate the problem. By 10 PM he had provided an description of work with a cost estimate. He and his crew were there at 8 AM the next day. They completed the work by 6 PM and had cleaned up the work site by 7 PM. He patiently answered my questions and explained the "what and why" of each step in the demolition and repair. Beyond that he communicated with my insurance company to their satisfaction about the reasons for the work and the expense. I tried to stay out of their way, but I observed every step of the repair process. Not only was this man patient with my questions, the work was completed in a timely manner and was actually finished below the estimated price.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

My initial interactions with Porch were quickly and friendly. They scheduled someone to come out without knowing if someone could actually come out. I would rather give them days we are available and have Porch let me know which date they selected AFTER they find a contractor. The impression was that the appointment was set, so we made preparations, then found out they couldn’t get anyone out until a few days after that.

Still very quick turnaround but I see improvement that can be made. I was contacted by someone about the appointment who didn’t indicate if they were from Porch or if they were the contractor. He turned out to be an intermediary that helps Porch find contractors, but I’m still not certain. More transparency about the process would be helpful. After that, though, our contractor came out as scheduled and completely the job quickly. He was excellent and friendly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Original review: July 18, 2019

I've often wondered how these internet companies work in scheduling independent providers to come to your home and do reliable work. Thought it was going to work out - scheduled a simple microwave installation three days go and got a call tonight saying "they are now unable to fulfill our order as priced and scheduled for tomorrow". Now we get to start over again and find our own contractor. Will never use Porch again and probably not another such service. I would recommend doing your own research and scheduling directly with the contractor.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 15, 2019

We need a ceiling fan installed, so I shopped around and found that Porch had the cheapest quote. So we scheduled a handyman to come out. On the day of our CONFIRMED appointment, our handyman didn't show up. No call, no text, no email, no communication from Porch, nothing! My morning plans are gone, and my fan is still in the box. I called Porch and tried to reschedule (with a different handyman). They rescheduled me for 9:00am today. At 9:30, after no calls, texts, communication AGAIN, I had to call Porch, AGAIN. This time, they put me on hold for 5 minutes, then hung up on me. Called 2 more times, same thing! Called a 4th time and it went to voicemail!?!? How can a nationwide company have such terrible customer service?

When I finally got in touch with Porch, they heard my case, and went to "investigate" the problem. They called me back an hour later saying they spoke with my handyman and he was "on his way". Ugh! I guess I'll cancel my lunch plans today. Then, 10 minutes later, the handyman calls me and says HE CAN'T COME! He just got a text telling him to come, but his schedule is booked today! But didn't Porch just speak with him and confirmed that he's on his way? Nope, they just sent him a text and didn't wait for a response before calling me.

This feels like such a scam, but I haven't spent any money, so how could it be? I can't speak to the quality of the work, because my ceiling fan is STILL IN THE BOX! Handyman no-showing is unprofessional, sending my calls to voicemail is sloppy, but lying to me about the handyman being on his way... that's shameful. No, I will not be scheduling a 3rd appointment with Porch.

Porch response

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We missed the mark on communication here, and we apologize for any inconvenience. We have reached out directly to learn more.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Contractor showed up on time. Did a great job at a fair price. Had the best price out of three estimates. Other contractors failed to show up as promised. Did the repairs in a week's time. Job looked great when finished. Would recommend them and would use them again for repairs.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Tile & Grout repair in bath shower Passaic Park NJ. I worked with JCB unlimited Jahaad **, he did an excellent job, at a great price, I highly recommend him. He fixed the tile and repaired the shower tub in about 1 hr. When he ran into a problem, he fixed it without extra cost. A man at his word. Hard to find them like this. Great job!

Original review: July 10, 2019

Office chair assembly. Adjustable chair seat is too low, way too low. The maximum seat height is the same as a regular chair (approx. 18"). You can only lower the seat down, say to 15". I have to use my 'puffy pillows' to get the right seat height. Not happy, not happy.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I never received a single response to my inquiry. Nobody ever contacted me to offer to trim the trees. I had to find a tree trimmer elsewhere. Porch was useless and only set me back two days waiting for a response that never came.

Porch response

We're sorry to hear we have not been able to match you with a contractor yet. We do our best to match homeowners with qualified local pros who can get the job done. In this case, it's possible there are limited pros in your area qualified to do this project. We hope you'll give us another try for a different project in the future.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 9, 2019

After I used the carpet cleaner, which I liked, I got 3 more contacts from you regarding recommendations, even though I told each Porch person the work was completed. Now I'm getting contacts from potential businesses to do the same work. Don't you talk to each other? Frankly, it's getting annoying.

Porch response

We want to apologize for this experience - we missed the mark on communication here. Thank you for this valuable feedback, as we are always working to improve our customer experience. We have marked your project as complete, and no further contact will be made.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Kyle with Harmony Construction contacted me and came out and looked at my 2 bathrooms and give a quote. I thought it was great and told him to go ahead. He gave me a suggestion about getting a taller faucet. I love them. The tall toilets are great. Thank you I will use you again.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Lola Concrete did an excellent job rebuilding a mailbox stand that was hit by a car and destroyed. They had the job done in 2 days. Very pleased with their work. They had to go to a number of brick yards to find the right color of brick to match the other stands in the subdivision.

Original review: July 7, 2019

After putting my request in for the job I got a call for service. They responded and asked to provide a quote. The first quote was high but we negotiated for a fair price. They did a great job. It was fast and easy.

Original review: July 4, 2019

We were contacted and given contractors to give us quotes for the above. The contractor came out the next day and gave us good prices on what we needed and was very friendly and knew his business well. Gave us several options. All around great experience. Thank you. B&T

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 3, 2019

Horrible!!! Do not waste your time! I was promised last week that someone will show up today to install my TV - instead I received a text last night to let me know that porch does not have anyone available... SERIOUSLY.. then why the heck schedule it??!! I planned my whole week around that appointment. Find someone local instead!

Porch response

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We missed the mark on communication here, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you still need help with your project, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you again and make it right.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Lehigh Construction. Mike Lehigh is terrific! On time, works hard, great integrity, very knowledgeable about anything and everything in a home. Mike installed new laundry room doors, light fixtures, blinds, closet supports, a tub fixture and much more. Thanks for helping me find him.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Mr. Doug ** is very professional. He is well spoken and respectful. When it comes to the inspection of your new home/investment, you will appreciate how detailed he is. I am very satisfied and I strongly recommend his service to everyone!

Original review: June 27, 2019

Greg ** came to our home and replaced slide out drawers in our food pantry along with new hardware. He was fast and did a great job. He knew what he was doing. We'll use "Porch" again, the coordinators were personable and most important they return calls.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I had the tile in my house cleaned yesterday and I was really glad I called Porch. Henry was on time and had such a great personality. He went out of his way to make sure everything was cleaned and took his time to do it right which I appreciated. I certainly will call him again when I need it done. Thanks Henry!

Original review: June 26, 2019

Chandelier and hunter fan installation. It was done timely and installed excellently. We are very pleased with the work. It took one hour longer than first described to us, but it was still reasonably priced. I would highly recommend Porch to people who are thinking about installations as we were.

Original review: June 25, 2019

Treadmill Assembly. Initially there were some issues with scheduling, but this was due to Walmart's delay. Once appointment was set, Jay was prompt, prepared, friendly and did an excellent professional job. In addition, on the spot for an additional charge he disassembled my old treadmill so I could get it out the door.

Original review: June 25, 2019

New fans. Dean of Power Logic arrived on time; great communication; work completed in a very timely manner. I will call him again. I was contacted by multiple electricians. Dean got me on the schedule immediately. He came prepared to tackle the high ceilings.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I made an appointment on Porch.com for someone to come and look at my laundry room where I need a dryer vent installed. I provided a detailed explanation with measurements. The website lets you set up a time. I selected the first available which was 2 days after I made the appt. The confirmation stated that someone would call to confirm before the appt. That call never came. The time of the appointment came and went and no one showed and no one called. I sent a follow-up e-mail to Porch with a full description and a copy-and-paste from their website showing the appointment. The response must have been auto-generated since it did not reflect the existing case at all. I responded but got no answer. I will never try again to do business with this company.

Porch response

We apologize for any unclear or delayed communication about your appointment. We want to thank you for your feedback, as it helps us to continually grow and improve. We have reached out to you directly to learn more.

Original review: June 24, 2019

Within a few hours my drain problem was cleared and we are back in business. The plumber was courteous, knowledgeable, clarified all charges up front, and did not try to upsell us. What more can I say? I'll be back with more projects.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 22, 2019

Yard maintenance. One of your companies came to my house and gave me a quote. I accepted the quote and work was to start the following Tuesday. No one showed up. I text the owner who apologize and said he would be here on Wednesday and then every Tuesday. No one showed up on Wednesday. I told the vendor to cancel as he was not reliable

Porch response

We apologize for the experience you had with this contractor. Please reach out to us with your project details and contact information, we want to make sure this does not happen in the future. Again, we apologize for your experience and appreciate your feedback as it helps us provide better service moving forward.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I was trying to schedule service to install a pergola at my home. The representative was very nice until he told me the price which he quoted as being as much as what I paid for the item. When I told him I couldn't afford that, he hung up on me. Very rude.

Porch response

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We're not sure where the miscommunication happened here, but if you need assistance please reach out to us and we'd be happy to help.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Omar was very communicative and quickly did the work that we needed help with. We had a bunch of little jobs that we needed help with and he was professional throughout. We would recommend him to anyone needing electric work in the future!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 19, 2019

I was given a quote on having a pool taken down and reinstalled. I was called and told it was canceled due to not explaining what I needed done correctly. I gave full details and was told I didn't and my order was canceled. He also state he would reach out to 3 contractor would would get in touch with me and that didn't happen. Not happy with your service.

Porch response

We apologize for any unclear or delayed communication about your appointment. We want to thank you for your feedback, as it helps us to continually grow and improve. Please reach out to us so we can learn more.

Porch questions and answers

What problem is Porch trying to solve?
We are trying to help people love their home by helping them care for, manage and buy/sell their home.
What sets Porch apart from the competition?
Our data. We are a data driven company with 3.2 million professionals and 130 million home improvement projects in our system. We are able to truly know who your neighbors and friends have used and loved.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We help homeowners connect to trusted reliable professionals that their neighbors and friends have used.
How does Porch measure success?
Delighting our customers is our number one goal. To date, we have raised over $100 million dollars, have a strategic partnership with Lowe's and our Porch Home Report is available on over 25,000 real estate websites.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
That reviews are gamed. We brought in verified reviews so that homeowners know that a certain professional did work on a specific home.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Mobile has definitely changed the way people book services.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Porch?
That we are helping small business professionals by taking away the work of marketing and letting them focus on what they love to do best.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our CEO was named USA TODAY Entrepreneur of the Year and we have been on Seattle's fastest growing companies list as well as Best Place to Work for Seattle Business.
How has Porch grown or evolved?
We were 25 employees and now we are over 400.

Porch Company Information