3.5/5 (1086 ratings)
Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Porch

Porch is the leading destination for professional installation, assembly, repair, maintenance, and other home services from quality pros. Porch has a nationwide network of home services professionals that make it fast and easy to tackle whatever's on your home to-do list. Porch also connects customers with a suite of free services, including a dedicated Home Assistant, 24/7 help, online project management, project cost guides, pro reviews, and much more. Learn more at porch.com/reviews.

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Porch Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Original review: July 12, 2022

Your tech was very helpful and courteous. He was explained what he was going to do and it worked very well. Would call you again for service. Thank you again. With our many issues with our water we didn't know who to call. When we were given your name and you called and gave us and gave us an appointment within a day we were happy with the results.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I had some three-way switches that weren't behaving. Porch sent a great young man from a local company and he fixed the problem quickly. Imagine having an electrician come to your house and work for 1 1/2 hours and only charge you $88. That is not just a great deal, it's a miracle and Porch made it happen.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

He was very polite, considerate. He was on time. I explained where I wanted the curtain rods hung up & he got right to work. He was a fast worker. It did feel a tad warm in my home & I turned on the air conditioner for the 1st time this year!. It took a little doing to finally get an appointment arranged. I am so glad that they came today. I am definitely going to have them for any kind of maintenance problems that come up.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I asked several questions and he was able to answer all of them. Very nice person. Would have him do my home inspection again if I bought another home. I will definitely tell my friends about the well job he did. My husband was also very satisfied with him and would tell his friends

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

These guys called after my recent experience with a home inspection, little did I know that it wasn't going to be a phone call I could ignore. We talked about home insurance, and I had planned on keeping the insurance place I originally went through. However, after being on the phone I went through with getting a new quote, and boy, let me tell you it was worth it. They set me up with an extremely reasonable policy and even saved me $200 more a year by helping me find a different company. Thank you so much!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Excellent to work with in all areas, professional, cost, responsiveness and quality of work. I was leery of going online to find a service, but being new to the lake area, I have found it difficult to find someone to actually show up and then do the work, these guys were great!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I was not expecting this level of service considering what I’ve been through in the past few years with contractors etc. Ron returned all my phone calls and dealt with my mom’s anxiety in a professional manner. Now she is safe and her stairs look beautiful.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Backyard corner by fence. Beautiful job and could not be more pleased. I had an idea of what I thought I wanted … LOL Ed had a much nicer and better plans. Would recommend to anyone needing landscaping.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

This sales guy -Joe -calls me in the morning trying to sell me porches services where I pointed out that I’m not interested because unfortunately there is better competitors out there offering a much better service. So he probably got offended And was being really rude asking sarcastic questions like “so if you're doing so good over there and getting so many leads why did you open an account with us?”, then he’s texting me that he is informing other clients based on how I handled the call that I’m no longer proceeding with them…

Original review: July 27, 2022

Mistakes made across the board. Setting up services too early and I incurred charges as a result of their mistakes. Shipping equipment to the house which I did not own yet and did not have access to. Connecting me to services that were either extremely expensive or extremely cheap and horrible quality. I will not recommend anyone use this company in the future. Waste of time and energy. Do the research on your own. You'll find better quotes/prices with better products.

Porch questions and answers

What problem is Porch trying to solve?
    We are trying to help people love their home by helping them care for, manage and buy/sell their home.
    What sets Porch apart from the competition?
    Our data. We are a data driven company with 3.2 million professionals and 130 million home improvement projects in our system. We are able to truly know who your neighbors and friends have used and loved.
    What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    We help homeowners connect to trusted reliable professionals that their neighbors and friends have used.
    How does Porch measure success?
    Delighting our customers is our number one goal. To date, we have raised over $100 million dollars, have a strategic partnership with Lowe's and our Porch Home Report is available on over 25,000 real estate websites.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
    That reviews are gamed. We brought in verified reviews so that homeowners know that a certain professional did work on a specific home.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    Mobile has definitely changed the way people book services.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Porch?
    That we are helping small business professionals by taking away the work of marketing and letting them focus on what they love to do best.
    Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
    Our CEO was named USA TODAY Entrepreneur of the Year and we have been on Seattle's fastest growing companies list as well as Best Place to Work for Seattle Business.
    How has Porch grown or evolved?
    We were 25 employees and now we are over 400.

Porch Company Information