It's that easy Request Information
3.51/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Porch is the leading destination for professional installation, assembly, repair, maintenance, and other home services from quality pros. Porch has a nationwide network of home services professionals that make it fast and easy to tackle whatever's on your home to-do list. Porch also connects customers with a suite of free services, including a dedicated Home Assistant, 24/7 help, online project management, project cost guides, pro reviews, and much more. Learn more at porch.com/reviews.

676 Porch Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 15, 2019

I was extremely apprehensive about utilizing Porch services after paying a $99 fee through Walmart to have the TV stand that I purchased assembled. I found out after placing the order that the $99 was just an estimate and not a fixed quote. I spent several times over the phone and via text trying to figure out exactly how much it would cost me before scheduling an appointment. Since I only paid $149 for the stand, I did not want to pay more money getting the stand assembled than it was worth to begin with. Finally, I decided to bite the bullet and eat the cost but after speaking with someone at Porch, I was told additional charges are only added if the item requires to people to assemble and/or is excessively large.

In addition, when I found out that Porch is essentially a handy man service, I signed up for them to mount a curtain rod for me, as well for an additional fee. I am extremely happy with Alvin's work and the timing was perfect! My TV stand looks lovely in the living room and the curtain rod that was mounted hangs up the curtains that I have covering my front door to provide some level of privacy. I was so happy that I was not charged any additional money for the assembly, even though it took a little over 2 hours to complete. I will definitely be utilizing their services in the future!

KP

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2019

We decided to install a walk-in soaker bathtub with a low profile door, rather than chance a fall climbing in or out of a traditional bathtub. We began the search for a professional to do the work. Mr. Ken Bast, owner of Bast Home Improvement – General Contractors responded. He visited the job site that afternoon, on time, well groomed and knowledgable.

Ken and his helper arrived on time and decided to rehearse the move of the tub into the bathroom. Using the box it shipped in, they discovered the choke points before they got stuck. The Install went very well, and was completed and turned over to us early. Bast Home Improvements gets a 5 star rating for the fantastic tub install. Thank you again for a very professional experience.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Adriano **, I call him an Artist. His work is superb. I have a very expensive house that was a rental and I am now selling. Once the renters left, I found significant water damage to all the cabinets throughout the house. The kitchen was the worst. I had four cabinet restoration businesses come out to asses the damage and quote me on repairs. One would not quote. Two others wanted to charge a large fee to totally strip the cabinets and recolor them. Then Adriano came in. He stated that he would bring back all the cabinets to original color and finish. He spent time examining the wood and its quality and explaining how he would accomplish this task. The amazing part was his price, it was very reasonable and competitive.

His work ethics are great, he showed up on time and finished on time. He was neat, no dust or mess. When he completed the project, he asked me to examine all the cabinets to make sure I was satisfied with his work. He is a real gentleman, friendly and great to talk to. I am highly recommending him and his work. In fact, we have some furniture in our home that we want him took at that needs some restoration work. If you hire him you will be amazed with his finished product, because he is a truly an Artist.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We contacted Porch.com when we ran into problems installing new fireplace doors. They responded to my online request almost immediately. At first I was skeptical because the man I was talking with didn't seem to understand the job or what was needed, and they asked for credit card information over the phone, saying they had to have it to process the service request. They set up an appointment, then emailed to cancel, saying they needed to discuss it with a manager.

I watched my credit card statement daily and there was no problem. I was contacted the next day by another man who knew exactly what we needed. Seems the original cancellation was because the first guy knew he was in over his head and sent to someone else who could help. The second guy (Andrew **) came quickly and did a great job. We paid the minimal price that was appropriately charged to our credit card after the job was completed. Turns out my initial concerns were unfounded, and Porch came through!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

The technician did a great job. I was just disappointed that they did not communicate accurately about the use of gift coupons. I was under the impression I could use them towards my project. But in fact I could only apply $25 of the $100 I had. I was also charged for 2 TVs but could not use a coupon for each tv, just one for the whole project. It would have been smarter for me to have someone come out twice and do 1 tv per time. Unfortunately, I will be leaving $75 on the table because it doesn’t pay to have someone come out 4 different times. The people I dealt with were polite and the technician did a great job and explained things to me. I just wish the policy had been explained up front.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

The Porch is heavy on telephone sales and keep calling once they get your number. It seems their model is more liker Uber where any contractor can sign up and get sales leads. We hired a contractor through Porch.com for installing curtain 8 rods. They told hourly rate and said it will take around 3 hours. The contractor that showed up seems to had no experience with installing anything on the drywall or studs and did not know much about curtains. He took 2.5 hours to install 2 rods and that too incorrectly and made several holes in the drywall that were not needed.

We had to ask him to leave otherwise he would have spent the whole day installing the remaining curtain rods. The customer service was not very good when we called to complain about this. The contractor seemed to had signed up for Porch.com to make money but he had no experience. Porch.com does not seem to select good contractors. It's better to go with contractors by referral or companies that select contractors based on their experience.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

You very quick and efficient in finding an electrician for me. TNT electric was quick to call me as well. They haven’t come yet but feel confident they will fix my problems. They are to come tomorrow. Very pleased with your service.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Great work at a reasonable cost. Efficient and professional best describes the work of Cerda Construction. I would highly recommend if you need popcorn ceiling removal. Here is what they did for me: Removed popcorn ceiling in three rooms (900sqft); covered all floors and furniture; ceilings repaired, sanded and painted; floors and furniture cleaned as needed after work; they provided all the materials for the work.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I used Porch.com to look for a person to replace my gutters, settling on one of their referrals. I paid the man part of his quote upfront, so he could obtain the necessary materials. That was April 22. It is now Sept 11 and not one lick of work has been done. I've gotten excuse after excuse from the contractor, I've filed a criminal complaint and I've contacted Porch.com through their feedback service twice asking for assistance. Porch has never even bothered to respond to my requests. I would not recommend the service to anyone.

Porch response

We want to apologize for this experience - we missed the mark on communication here. Thank you for this valuable feedback, as we are always working to improve our customer experience. We have reached out directly to learn more.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Grady came during the time set up and was very professional. He was able to assess and fix our problem quickly at at a very reasonable price. I would not hesitate to recommend this company for any of your appliance repairs. I even learned some new things about appliances and how they work!

Porch questions and answers

What problem is Porch trying to solve?
We are trying to help people love their home by helping them care for, manage and buy/sell their home.
What sets Porch apart from the competition?
Our data. We are a data driven company with 3.2 million professionals and 130 million home improvement projects in our system. We are able to truly know who your neighbors and friends have used and loved.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We help homeowners connect to trusted reliable professionals that their neighbors and friends have used.
How does Porch measure success?
Delighting our customers is our number one goal. To date, we have raised over $100 million dollars, have a strategic partnership with Lowe's and our Porch Home Report is available on over 25,000 real estate websites.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
That reviews are gamed. We brought in verified reviews so that homeowners know that a certain professional did work on a specific home.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Mobile has definitely changed the way people book services.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Porch?
That we are helping small business professionals by taking away the work of marketing and letting them focus on what they love to do best.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our CEO was named USA TODAY Entrepreneur of the Year and we have been on Seattle's fastest growing companies list as well as Best Place to Work for Seattle Business.
How has Porch grown or evolved?
We were 25 employees and now we are over 400.

Porch Company Information