2.00/5
  • 1 star
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 18, 2017

12 Porch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I am the owner of Premier Building Solutions of NWF LLC and have been in business for 33 years. Porch advertise my business on their site without my consent and I have contacted them on multiple occasions to remove the information. They insist that I opened the site and that I'm the only one that can take it down but yet there's no way to delete a site once it's put up on Porch dot-com. The information that they have posted on my company's name is 70% and correct and lists jobs that I allegedly do that require a specific license that I do not have.

Once again I've contacted them on multiple occasions. They tell me that they will not remove it because the public has a right to know the information since it is public information even knowing that it is incorrect information. I have turn this over to my attorneys. Anybody wanting to get in on the lawsuit feel free to contact me at my office at **. Once again they have refused to do anything about it. I have emails also. All communications have been surrendered to my attorney.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Eight days ago, I accessed a website for someone to install and replace a new dog door. Someone from PORCH called me within an hour and we discussed the specifics of the project. A time and day was confirmed for this past Saturday. At some point during the week, I received a text from someone identifying himself as the person who will be coming to install my dog door and he confirmed, in the text, the time and day previously agreed upon. He requested I contact him to review a few details. I tried to call him multiple times but got a customer service rep instead. He assured me he would have the person contact me. It was nearing the end of the day and I had not heard. I called PORCH and they said they would see what was going on and call me back. They didn't. I called again and was told the person was in L.A., "having knee surgery so he wanted to postpone the job until this Monday”.

I was not happy. I received several other phone calls, confirming this person's commitment to getting my project done today, in addition to an email of the same. No one called, no one came. The "project manager" called me to say that he spoke with the handyman personally and he was coming, no one called and no one came. I am very busy. My time to get home projects completed in limited. I wasted 8 days, trusting the PORCH would get my project done. TWICE - TWICE, they blew me off! No dog door. Two big dogs, vermin chomping at the bit to get through the torn flap on the old dog door. What a nightmare. DO NOT EVER USE PORCH.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We recently used Porch to have 8 shutters installed on the front of our house. Let me start by saying that only 4 are actually on, and only 3 are actually installed somewhat properly. Emphasis on somewhat. We have a stucco sided house and stated that in our initial request. We also stated we have 2 stories. The HIGHLY UNQUALIFIED individual who showed up through porch.com did not have a ladder nor sufficient equipment to drill into the side of our house. We were charged for equipment rental and extra drill bits on top of Porch's fee. This job did not get finished and the person they contracted basically scammed us and as a result our "contract" with Porch was voided. Porch does nothing to vet out the people they are sending to your house and they will likely not be qualified to complete the task. As with other reviewers, we are having to pay more money now to fix this problem. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

This company will hire anyone off the street and refer to them as a handyman. It's a scam and the handyman does not have the experience required to fix your problem. They made matters worse and damaged my dishwasher by trying to use cut boards to set my dishwasher and not brackets and bent all 4 legs back. See picture. I had to call a professional company to fix it and porch services. Said they couldn't cancel my payment. I had to call the bank and request to cancel it. I wouldn't ever use this company again!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Contacted Porch to replace bathroom faucets and shower handles. Person they sent was slow and obviously not qualified. After 7 hours he did manage to replace three faucets however he could not replace the shower handles and it appears that he has broken some pipes in the shower. Had to shut water off and call someone else. Porch charged me $474 and don't know how much more I will have to pay to fix what he messed up. Terrible experience. Don't waste your time or money on these scam artists.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

On 10/18, I booked a handyman for 10 hours for 10/21. I called to confirm on 10/19 and they had no record of my appointment. On Friday, I received 8 email confirmations for a 9 am start time. I called at 9:40 am and they said that they had it booked for 10 am and apologized for error. At 11 am I called again and rep mentioned that they called my work line at 10 am to confirm service as that's the number on file. They had no record of my call 1 hour before hand and stated that I was unresponsive. The rep was rude and overtalked me. He then asked if I wanted to reschedule. I told him to cancel the request.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

My goal was to have four ceiling fans installed in my home. I was going to have Lowe's do the job as they were the company who sold the fans. Unfortunately they recommended Porch. I contacted Porch and they recommended another group. I assumed the group was well vetted and trustworthy. Their website boasted that they had experts for the job. Needless to say, after six hours of frustration and only two fans installed with one that wasn't balanced, I told the experts I was done.

I appealed to the company only to be told I was in the wrong and that there was nothing that could be done. I understand that Porch did not do the work and can't be held responsible for someone else's work. They recommended these people and vouched that they could get the job done, but the job isn't done. After everything that has happened in August and September, looking for a group you can trust is paramount in the region after Hurricane Harvey. Unfortunately I can't recommend anyone placing their trust in this company to find an expert to help them as they may find themselves in the same position I am in with no concern from either party. Best of Luck.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I am not sure where all the previous 5 star reviews came from, I wouldn't be surprised if they were written by their own workers or etc... If Porch was just ineffective I wouldn't be mad, I would wish them well to grow their business, but unfortunately if you are contractor they will rip you off. Mark my words, I wish I did some research before signing up with them, they will rip you off and they don't even feel bad, what goes around comes around, I really hope that contractors don't use your service... Some of us earn money by hard work and some by tricking and scamming others.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

Porch is a joke. While it might be an OK resource for homeowners the contractors who use the service are getting ripped off. The first thing you should know is you will NEVER receive your money back if you are not happy. And you will bid and bid, and bid, and be lucky if you ever receive a response, much less work. You can get more action running a classified ad in the newspaper. Over a year I placed 30 bids with the service and never so much as received one callback, and even when no price was named and was a request for more information -- still not one reply. I get about 75% of the work I bid from any other source and have a ton of credentials so it's not about quality or price.

Porch just lets anyone request bids and most are just window shopping and never even reply even though you are paying for those bids. If you chase them around eventually they refund the money to your account so you can bid again and go through the whole process again. Then request the refund again. Then bid again. Then... well you get it. Simply put, don't waste your time or money because almost any other form of getting work will perform better than this. There is a reason why they have an 88% dissatisfaction rating at the BBB.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

We had a kitchen, dining room, living room, entryway, and hall that had been done poorly by me 3 years ago. John came in and transformed the look of my home. He was timely, did what he said, tried to cause the least interruption to my home. He did a nice job of keeping the mess to a minimum. John was a gentleman in his interaction.

Original review: June 10, 2015

Porch has exceeded my expectations! Porch has provided a great platform for a small business like mine who is looking to expand their business - I am now in the position to hire employees to keep up with the demand.

Original review: June 4, 2015

This program is extremely helpful for anyone in the business who wants to increase their client base and expand their business in targeted areas. Customer notifications come in on a daily basis and allows the business to schedule the accepted jobs at their own pace. Having the website available for the public to see allows customers to review the business and general public feedback, which drives more work to that company! I give it a 5 star rating!

Porch questions and answers

What problem is Porch trying to solve?
We are trying to help people love their home by helping them care for, manage and buy/sell their home.
What sets Porch apart from the competition?
Our data. We are a data driven company with 3.2 million professionals and 130 million home improvement projects in our system. We are able to truly know who your neighbors and friends have used and loved.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We help homeowners connect to trusted reliable professionals that their neighbors and friends have used.
How does Porch measure success?
Delighting our customers is our number one goal. To date, we have raised over $100 million dollars, have a strategic partnership with Lowe's and our Porch Home Report is available on over 25,000 real estate websites.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
That reviews are gamed. We brought in verified reviews so that homeowners know that a certain professional did work on a specific home.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Mobile has definitely changed the way people book services.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Porch?
That we are helping small business professionals by taking away the work of marketing and letting them focus on what they love to do best.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our CEO was named USA TODAY Entrepreneur of the Year and we have been on Seattle's fastest growing companies list as well as Best Place to Work for Seattle Business.
How has Porch grown or evolved?
We were 25 employees and now we are over 400.

Porch Company Information