It's that easy Request Information
2.71/5
Based on 95 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 2012, Porch.com has been connecting users with local home improvement contractors to assist in their home projects. The company works to match you with a Porch Service pro or recommend someone on the Porch Pro Network. With each project, you will have access to a Home Assistant to provide useful resources whenever you need it.

100 Porch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

Would have gave zero stars but that wasn’t an option. I made my appointment Friday for them to come Sunday. They made me confirm my appointment and they even sent me an confirmation email the night before. My appointment was for 9 am so me and my family woke up early waiting for them to get here. It was 9:30 and they still weren’t here. We called the office and they said they didn’t know what the problem was.

They said they would call me back but it was an half an hour later and I still hadn’t got a call back. So I called again and they said they would call and even higher supervisor they called me back and said that they didn’t work in my area after they confirmed my appointment so many times. I’m so upset. We were trying to get a hole dug for our pool that needs to go up. I will never go through them again. We are also contacting HomeAdvisor. This is the worst company to ever go through and I am so disappointed, angry and upset. They led me on and I won’t recommend them to anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2018

A painter called me, I returned his call. He said he could paint my 4 metal kitchen chairs. He set up an appointment with me for a week from the day of my call. He wanted to pick up the chairs rather than me take them to him. He was also to pick up a match of the paint color I wanted. (June 11th) The day of appointment, I called him to confirm. He said he had "forgotten all about it" but to "give him a little over an hour." and he would be there. I made sure he had all the information to find my home. I waited the entire afternoon--he never showed up and never called. He has not contacted me to this date, June 17th, to explain his not showing up. If you like, you can re-run my request for the painting. But unless his reason for not showing up is dire, I would prefer not to work with this painter.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Took over a week to hear back from this company, but they confirmed the job and accepted a payment method. The day before they were to show up, received a reminder/confirmation email -- followed ten minutes later saying they didn't provide service in my area. In Seattle. Where they advertised and confirmed service twice in one week. Total waste of time. Unprofessional and not worth the call; they won't show up to do the job even if you've already paid.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Lucky was the repairman that was sent to the house to repair my toilet and my ceiling fan. He was very courteous and professional. He completed the job with ease. Lastly, the toilet and the ceiling fan looks great and was completed to my satisfaction!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Jireh Remodeling and Cleaning Services did a good job on removing my old linoleum flooring from kitchen. They did the job within the time frame I agreed on. They were considerate and reasonable priced also. I would hire them again for future jobs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Original review: June 13, 2018

Power wash concrete patio - Excellent job... Everything put back in place... Fair price. He was recommend to me by my daughter. I would not hesitate to recommend him to any of my friends and neighbors. I was considering to put down pavers, but it really looks fine.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The Parkers did a great job and were very professional and helpful. Took care of our problems very good. They changed out the turn off valve under kitchen sink. They also connected our dishwasher and made sure that it was working to our satisfaction.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Managing contractors to repair homes used to be a big headache, but not anymore thanks to Porch!! I use other competitive services too, but Porch is a stand-out! Why? Because it takes one step further, they tell you the price for some projects! For example, I just ordered 2-hour handyman services for a fixed price! This takes the negotiation out of the process! You guys are so great!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Ken was terrific and hung in there through a tough install but did it professionally and with great good attitude. It took two visits and an order to the factory to get the parts. The parts were changed from the original but Ken corrected that. Very impressed!

Original review: June 13, 2018

We had one contractor show up to bid concrete work, we asked for drawings at the initial meeting. Gives us a price over the phone, but no details! As we started to ask more and more questions, we realized this was not a direction we wanted to go.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The first person who contacted me had a very low ball figure and because I knew the extent of my job, his company couldn't provide the necessary service. (Fire and Ice). But, Vent Busters were the total opposite. They already knew the extent of the job, had the necessary tools to do it, and the expertise. They were prompt to respond, kept their word, showed up on time, even let me know 20 minutes ahead of their arrival, and spent the time needed to complete the job. I was very impressed and would definitely use their services in the future, and recommend them. My dryer works the most efficiently it has ever worked in 2 years of owning it! Thank you!

Original review: June 13, 2018

The serviceman was courteous, and appeared to clean out gutters, but I could not see from the ground level how clean the gutters were on the inside. Some places the gutters could have been cleaned on the outside with no residue showing.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Ceiling Fan Installation - Charles ** arrived on time, was very professional and installed our ceiling fan in record time with no hassles. What more can we say? Super result! Excellent work! Would hire him again in no time. Next time we will definitely call on Porch for all our jobs in the future.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I went online to submit a request for a handyman via porch.com. Someone in my apartment building in Seattle mentioned porch.com and I figured, ok I will give it a try. My request was VERY simple. Hang a curtain rod. There was only one important piece of information... How high did the ladder need to be. I measured the height of the ceiling and submitted that with my request. So what did they do? They erased what I wrote and replaced it with a lower number! Why??? Total fail. Never again.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Herbert was nice. Showed up late every day, but did text to let me know he would be late. His painting was fine but his trim painting was not. Did not pay attention to detail while doing trim. Sad because I had to go over almost all of it. I don’t enjoy paying for a service when it’s not done properly. No straight lines with A LOT of high and low fluctuations in the trim work???

Original review: June 7, 2018

I had never used this site before; did not know it existed. I got a response within an hour or two, and Chadwick Exterminating scheduled a visit the next day. They promised to return anytime within 30 days if I saw any carpenter bees. I was very pleased with the site and with the service.

Original review: June 7, 2018

The co. you recommended was great. The man they sent out, Ali told me what was wrong and what was needed to be done. He kept me informed about everything he did. I would use this company again. He gave me tips about things that would need to be done in the future.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Installed Dryer Vent - The experience so far was great. I had a problem and the contractor is supposed to be coming back to fix. Outside hood pushed away from house. And I was overcharged but, we are waiting for the refund to our account.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Person who was on the phone was very difficult. Had to call back and tell them again. Not sure when I can get someone to come help me. This is the worst customer service I have ever seen. I am not happy with how this business is run. It acts and feels like a scam.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Had drapes installed in three windows. Installer was very professional, very polite, called in advance to confirm appointment, wore booties on his shoes to protect the flooring, cleaned up after himself. He even helped me move some furniture (after recent remodel).

Original review: June 6, 2018

Monty did a fantastic job and would highly recommend him for any appliance install. He seems to be very handy and knowledgeable in other general aspects as well. He takes pride in his work and wants to make sure that you are satisfied. He also called a few days later to make sure things were still going great. We greatly appreciate his service.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I made an appointment via phone 7 days ago for the installation of two dimmers and a threshold. I explained the threshold needed to be finished before the floor installers could do their work -- already scheduled to begin tomorrow morning. I got an email confirming the date and time the services would be completed. That same day I got a call from Zeke, who identified himself as the contractor and told me that the people who answer the phone do not have the actual schedules of the "handymen" so they can't make accurate appointments. The soonest available appointment for my area would be in 6 days not 2 as I was scheduled for. At 8:00 on the morning of the day of my appointment I got a text saying that the handyman Robert had called in sick so he could not meet me at 9:00 am.

This was again Zeke who wrote that the soonest "I have a replacement is 3:30 p.m. Today will this work a 10% discount will be added to your work order." I said okay, and he confirmed Greg ** would meet me at my condo at 3:30. I set up the projects for maximum efficiency and noticed that it was 3:38 and Greg had still not arrived. I texted Zeke and he replied, "Greg got unexpected work on first project and mentions he will be running really late. Is asking if we can reschedule for tomorrow 3:30... guaranteed he will be there and I will make it a 20% discount." I asked Zeke to call me and he did not. I called him only to hear him talk over me and tell me how unexpected things happen and that I was acting like a child. He said I could go to another provider and continued to talk over me. He finally said that he could get someone out to do the work at 7:00 pm.

I asked for his supervisor repeatedly while Zeke told me he had given me several options and he didn't have his supervisor's number. I continued asking until I was put on hold for 10 minutes. Romero who identified himself as the supervisor came on the line, listened to my story and said he would offer me $25 off if I ever wanted to call him directly to schedule a service. I said that after planning my entire day around Porch.com services, after waiting a week and having been cancelled, rescheduled, and not shown up for, no thank you for the generous offer. These people have no idea how to run a business and they do not care about their customers. DO NOT rely on them to do anything for you.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I was going to buy a shed from Lowe's. I asked about having it installed and they said they recommend Porch.com for any project a homeowner doesn't want to do themselves. So, I went online to Porch.com. After giving all the information, I was contacted by Alan **, owner of Artisan Pro. Listed as a licensed handyman. He talked me out of buying the shed from Lowe's. Said he could build a better one cheaper on site. Turned out he and his dysfunctional crew actually have no Idea how to build a shed. I never had all the materials I paid for at my premises, he kept blaming Lowe's that everything was back ordered. After two weeks I had a floor and two "semi" walls (just 2x4's, no sheeting).

Finally, one morning all the tools he had here were gone and most of the material I actually did have on site. He claims he fired a worker who stole everything! Haven't heard from him since. Porch.com says I do not qualify for their Guarantee. Lowe's says they only recommend Porch.com, but hold no responsibility! BEWARE!!! Stay away from all these parties!

Karen,

We're very sorry to hear about the experience you had with this contractor. This is obviously not the kind of experience we want for our customers. We want to thank you for your feedback about this pro, as it helps us continually improve.

If you need help finding a new contractor, we'd be happy to help. We also have a guide with tips for hiring a great contractor - we hope this is helpful: http://porch.com/advice/tips-hiring-best-contractor-job/.

Original review: June 5, 2018

This company is a scam. They take information collected from Lowe’s and report them as “leads,” offer you partial information to look legit, get your credit card info, AND THEN RUN YOUR CARD WITHOUT PERMISSION UNTIL YOU CANCEL YOUR CARD!!! They have done this to numerous people I know. I am not an upset customer or aggravated with the productivity. I am a victim of a crime and have all documentation to backup every word. Feel free to call me at **. That’s my personal cell. Everyone should know what this site does. There is much more explanation of what they have done and continue to do as of 06/04/18. This is a summary. I’ve dealt with them twice and have four friends that have been burnt. I have names, addresses, phone numbers, dates, and times. They are running a con and nobody has stopped them.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 4, 2018

Why would Porch actually schedule an appointment and provide cost estimates, if they didn't even have any professionals in my zip code to do the job in the first place? Porch contacted us the day before and cancel appointment... Why? Because an appointment was never made in the first place!!! The representative lied over the phone regarding appointment and cost estimate!!! Unbelievable.

John,

We apologize for any miscommunication that happened with your appointment. Currently, we are not able to provide Porch Services appointments with set prices in all zip codes, and we apologize if you were originally told this was possible when we did not have availability. If you still need help with your project, we would be happy to connect you with contractors in your area who can get the job done.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Water heater igniter broken. Needed new hose to connector and new igniter - called Lowe's, referred me to Porch and I had a call from North Star Plumbing within 30 mins - fast service - they were out to the house within 4 hours. Diagnosed the problem, I ordered the part and it was overnighted - had another plumber install due to family friendship.

Original review: June 3, 2018

The contractor who responded to me through Porch was basically a scam artist, who intimidated & took advantage of me. I needed to have some ivy removed from my house. When they came to my house, they first offered to do the work for $600. I said no, so they offered to do it for $350. They actually started pulling the ivy off the wall before I agreed to the price. They then asked me to pay in cash, so I left them to do the work while I went to secure the money. I came back in 30 minutes, to find they were done, but had not done what I had asked them to do. One whole area still was full of ivy, and they had cut off the tops of some of the plants I had asked to be left alone, saying they were "helping me". I asked them to take more of the ivy out in the untouched area, and they cut it back about 6 inches from the house. They gave no response when I told them I didn't want them to cut off the tops of the plants.

I told them I agreed to the price because I thought it would take them several hours to complete the job, and that when I researched I found that the average cost for what they did in our area was $129/hr. He said they felt their price was fair, but offered to accept $20 less. I said $50 less, and he said OK. There were 3 workmen and I was feeling intimidated, so I went ahead and paid them. I had not read the Porch fine print saying there basically is no recourse for work that isn't done properly unless it is paid on their website, using a debit/credit card. So, I know I won't be getting any help from them. Unfortunate, I hadn't read the reviews about using Porch before I entered my project there, so that is on me.

Nancy,

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about the experience you had with this particular contractor. Connecting homeowners with quality pros is something we care deeply about, and we hope you'll give us another try for a different project down the line.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We received a couple of quotes for interior painting of our house. We chose Aaron Painting because it was affordable and the owner was available right away. We are very happy with the projects he completed. Ivan, the owner, and his brother, Alfredo, were professional and friendly. They did the projects quickly and well. One difficult job was sanding stucco from the bathroom and repairing and painting. This was done well and cleanup was good. Ivan was available to discuss issues that came up and were resolved quickly.

Original review: June 1, 2018

The serviceman was on time, courteous and provided his personal cell phone number for follow up questions. The job took less than 30 minutes. There was a discrepancy in pricing, but the manager was agreeable to come to a mutual resolution.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Possibly the worst experience from start to finish you could imagine. Contracted to have 2 professional contractors put together a play set and ended up with a family. Showed up two hours late, had one drill with one battery (so spent half the day trying to re-charge one battery in their truck until I eventually gave them mine), completed less than half the work promised and then asked for additional money on the side to work any longer. I ended up putting 50% of the play set together myself over the next 2 days and found that incorrect screws and equipment had been used on the work they did complete so I had to take them out and fix mistakes. After contacting Porch.com with documented issues including pictures they told my wife they would respond. She called 3 or 4 times before she stopped.

We remembered like four months later that they never called us back so I started calling them 3 or 4 times a week to get a response. 9 months after the initial work is done they tell me they won't honor their warranty. For 9 months they basically hoped we would go away, apparently lost the pictures we sent them and eventually told us they apparently didn't feel anything was done incorrectly. Worst customer service ever and unbelievable that they won't honor their warranty for the product they delivered.

Joseph,

We're sorry to hear about your experience with this contractor. We will contact you directly to learn more.

Porch questions and answers

What problem is Porch trying to solve?
We are trying to help people love their home by helping them care for, manage and buy/sell their home.
What sets Porch apart from the competition?
Our data. We are a data driven company with 3.2 million professionals and 130 million home improvement projects in our system. We are able to truly know who your neighbors and friends have used and loved.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We help homeowners connect to trusted reliable professionals that their neighbors and friends have used.
How does Porch measure success?
Delighting our customers is our number one goal. To date, we have raised over $100 million dollars, have a strategic partnership with Lowe's and our Porch Home Report is available on over 25,000 real estate websites.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
That reviews are gamed. We brought in verified reviews so that homeowners know that a certain professional did work on a specific home.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Mobile has definitely changed the way people book services.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Porch?
That we are helping small business professionals by taking away the work of marketing and letting them focus on what they love to do best.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our CEO was named USA TODAY Entrepreneur of the Year and we have been on Seattle's fastest growing companies list as well as Best Place to Work for Seattle Business.
How has Porch grown or evolved?
We were 25 employees and now we are over 400.

Porch Company Information