It's that easy Request Information
3.20/5
Based on 244 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Porch is the leading destination for professional installation, assembly, repair, maintenance, and other home services from quality pros. Porch has a nationwide network of home services professionals that make it fast and easy to tackle whatever's on your home to-do list. Porch also connects customers with a suite of free services, including a dedicated Home Assistant, 24/7 help, online project management, project cost guides, pro reviews, and much more. Learn more at porch.com/reviews.

250 Porch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Disposal replacement. Whole experience was painless. New method of payment was new to us. Installer showed up on time and was very nice and efficient. Scheduling a repair online was new to us. Will keep PORCH phone number handy for future use. Thanks also to the Lowe's employee for giving us the information for PORCH.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Front door restoration. The overall experience was very good. The quality of the work performed was outstanding. The door looks brand new and we have received numerous compliments on the looks. The owner Robert was a very nice man and acted professionally. I would recommend this company to a friend or family member.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Contractor was on time, did good job, cost did go over estimate. Booking was a mess. 2 different agents told me different things, "This job needs 2 persons, no it needs 1", "This will be $79 for 1st 4hrs, no, it will be 79 for 1st 2 hrs." "There's nothing in the system, let's redo the appointment." "You have 2 conflicting appointments!" and on and on. 1hr to make a booking. Left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. 1st try didn't send me a confirmation and 2nd agent saw no appointment, yet some agents and contractor could see 2 appts. Afterwards, I received several follow up calls, none of which I understood the reason for the call. Could easily have just emailed me the name of the contractor. Total 6 calls to book one appointment. So the work was fine, just getting the appointment was tiring and confusing and not reassuring.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Porch professional assembled two pergola, he was knowledgeable and worked hard to get them both put together, it seemed expensive but they look nice other than one spot where the nail missed the wood and splintered an area. I'm happy with the experience. I will probably get another pergola for the backyard and call Porch.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I had an appointment scheduled at 9 am. The original person got lost and was more than an hour away letting me know at 10 am... and the office was confused and he decided to cancel on me. New guy came later that the office sent. The backup contractor was great, everything else was a mess.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

When the toilet flushed, the water continued running. Kevin came & replaced the internal workings, & initially it flushed & worked correctly, until it didn't. When I flush now the water does not turn off unless I jiggle the handle. Sometimes it been running over an hour & on occasion, I've had to turn the water off at the wall. I called a couple of weeks ago to report the problem. I spoke to a girl & never heard back from anyone. Today, I contacted Porch again, talked with someone named Xavier. He was very nice & said someone would contact me soon. So we shall see.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I had a wonderful experience with Porch Services. They assembled 4 pieces of furniture for me. Karen took great care in assembling them. One of the drawers was sticking a little and she took the extra time to make sure it worked properly. I will gladly use Porch Services when I need more furniture assembled in the future.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Christopher was awesome! He had to come out twice because the delivery company did not leave the screws he needed to assemble the bed. I called him when they were delivered and he came right out and did a fantastic job! Very professional! Great experience!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Tech was on time and very professional. Finished the job in record time. Tech left no mess. He cleaned up everything before he left! Tech did everything right including calling before he can to the house. I will use your services in the future for any projects I have.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I have already emailed asking for a manager. The job the handyman did was Horrible. Holes left in our wall, TV mount not properly secured, wall mount coming out when we placed a tv on it. Didn't have the right equipment when he arrived. Quoted 129 and ended up being over 200 for screws and nails.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Install Security Lights - The jury is still out. Overall a great job. However one of the lights have no power. Contacted Porch over a week ago to have someone come out and recheck the wiring job. As of yet no reply. It’s hard to give a good recommendation based on this.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Michael did a great job, he went above and beyond for this project. Definitely a 20 stars out of 10. On a different note from the tech, I have only one gripe with porch and is the lack of technicians in my area.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Install Ironing Board Cabinet - The Technician was quite capable. However, when he was finished, he said that I owed $318. I had an estimate of $159 and paid him that. You should clarify estimates and charges or I will not use your services again.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Good experience with company's communication and the worker, Daniel. The price was right but there was concern that it was almost double. That's the only negative - this two-tiered pricing. But you folks realized that you were sending two employees and I ended up with only one, so it took longer. But he did a superb job.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Honestly, I didn't know where to begin locating a house painter, but I had kept a Porch.com leaflet from 2015 so you were my starting place. My experience was awesome, once I input my property specifications, I was immediately contacted via email by 5 companies! One company stood out because I'd seen their flyers previously, plus they happened to be listed in that 2015 leaflet, so I called them first. We made an instant connection, had an appointment scheduled within 3 days for an exterior proposal and I accepted that offer a week later.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Terra Landscaping did a great job for me. The owner was available to do the work promptly and finished in about a week. He responded to all my requests and design input. He even had some great ideas of his own. I am very satisfied!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I was assigned by Porch.com a contractor to do a simple Oven Microwave installation via Lowe’s. The contractor not only did not install the oven microwave in the kitchen correctly...but caused a FIRE Hazard and Water damage to house (kitchen and basement) by cutting into a water pipe in the bathroom behind the kitchen. The contractor was totally unprofessional and poorly trained. Looks like Porch picks up people from the street without vetting their work, professionalism. This is dangerous.

They claim they have guarantee but that also looks like a SCAM. I have exchanged emails and phone calls with two of their so called project coordinators who promised through porch.com company emails that refund is processed HOWEVER I have not yet received a single dollar in refunds over the last FOUR MONTHS. The project coordinators have LEFT THE COMPANY. I am now talking to the third employee. This is a totally unprofessional company. I will NOT DO business with LOWE’S again for recommending and working with such a disastrous company.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Someone accepted my assignment to pull weeds then cancelled on me not long before he was supposed to come. Said I needed a "professional." Who does not know how to pull weeds?!? I will probably not use Porch again after this experience.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Mr. Jesus ** and his team at I H Painting Co. were professional from estimate to completion! Highly recommend! The job was completed before the original estimated time to complete. Hard working and just a beautiful job done in record time!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Nobody ever called back in response to my request for an electrician to install an area to plug in for a pond we are installing. I talked with someone from Porch that assured me that someone would call. The job has been completed without Porch help.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Great response on calling me back. Only had 1 business that called and we discussed the job and she was going to check with her husband about when to give us an estimate. She was pretty pusher about just wanting to do it that day and when I told her we were just at the stage of getting quotes, she never called back and I've not heard anymore from her.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Ruby was prompt and professional, after arriving she explained then showed me what she was doing. After examining the HVAC on the inside, she then went outside to inspect and service my unit. Again she explained what she would be doing by checking the FREON level and then installing more and the amount she installed. She also recommended installing a liquid sealant that could help the longevity of the system and the FREON install!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Overall, the service offered is great, convenient and easy to use. My technician, Matthew ** was patient, extremely careful, and skilled. However, the estimate online didn’t match the final price. More accurate estimates should be available as I had some sticker shock.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Attic door. Great job, very professional crew. I would recommend Handy Manny for any job I needed done. I really appreciate how easy and quick they did the job and they cleaned up before they left each day. They called before they came each day as well.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Contractor was timely in his responses and arrived when he said he would. He is very congenial. Started yesterday removing bushes and rocks, coming back today to take brush, etc. away and plant new plants. I would highly recommend Protech Services.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

In 7 November 2017 I contacted Porch for a tile setter by their homepage and by phone. I received an email saying they would have pros for me within 24 hours. I chose Vince Handyman Bradenton, Fl. He came on 9 November and asked for a deposit of $1,700. I gave him $1,000 and 11 Nov. I gave him $700 but not before I called BBB and asked for his rating. They said "A" for this business. Long story short he ran off with $1,700. I complained to Porch and to BBB but they refuse to return my $ even though they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. They first said he was not a pro with them but ultimately said they did not send him to me. I have their email that sent him to me. They refuse to pay me.

I contacted another name on their list of pros J and A Tilesetters also of Bradenton. They gave me a bid, I hired them, they did such a horrible job that I called a larger tile company and they said that the whole job had to be ripped up and redone that will cost many thousands of $. Again Porch claims they are not their pros even though I got the email with a list of these pros. The Porch has refused to pay me. In March while still trying to get Porch to do the right thing and live up to their 100% customer satisfaction guarantee I asked for a tile setter to tile my living room. They sent James one of their pros. He arrived late with no helpers and insufficient tools (said they were in a storage shed in NY).

He started 3 times WRONG and ultimately set 11 tiles out of over 100 which had to be ripped up because they were installed wrong as well and slopped thinset on my carport. Porch claims that I did not send them photos they asked for...a lie and my materials were destroyed which Porch has refused to accept responsibility for. Porch says James "made significant progress". All he did was take up a day of my time and destroy my materials. Most disturbed by BBB giving Porch an "A" rating. Who can we trust?!? Since then I have found numerous complaints against Vince Handyman, J and A Tilesetters that go back years! Again who can we trust?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

The porch railing/handrail job for two small porches was horrible. Just found out that it is not up to code and now have to have it all taken out and redone. This has been an horrible horrible experience. LOWE'S should be ashamed to recommend this company to their customers.

Donise,

We apologize for your experience with this contractor. We want to help make it right - we have reached out to you directly to learn more.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Total scam. Porch.com is a waste of time. Called two people and they both told me they got someone else. One guy said "I was a day late and a dollar short." Although his ad had only been up for two hours. Waste of time totally.

Brandon,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Sending pros quality leads, and crediting leads when they are invalid is something we care deeply about, and we'd be happy to discuss any issues you may have had with lead quality in the past. You can reach our support team here: https://porch.com/pro/support.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I have wasted three hours of my life on phone calls and waiting for servicemen on two separate occasions, and still no one has shown up. I have called the project coordinator, Jose, who appeases me by saying someone will be here, but someone never shows. The light I purchased from Pottery Barn a month ago, still sits on my floor. Your company told me to call Installs and ask about the confusion. installs says to call you as they have no order. I'd been on the phone with both of your companies, Speaking to people in Arizona Buffalo New York and California. Meanwhile I am in Ohio, been promised a serviceman on two separate occasions and no one has shown up to do the work! If I could give this company zero stars, I would.

Michelle,

We apologize for any unclear or delayed communication about your appointment. We will reach out to you directly to communicate further.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

What idiot would PAY simply to give someone a quote?? Well, right here on Porch. It's business model = charging a service pro to give a quote. Nothing more. And knowing that you're being charged for just giving a quote, the net effect is that you will lower your normal rates to get the job. Good for Matt the CEO, good for the customer, BAD for the service pro, who gets screwed here. If you're a consumer and use this service, please remember to tip your pro when he's done because he had to pay up to get your business...

Jim,

We're sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience working with us. We aim to provide contractors with high-quality leads and exceptional customer service. We take your comments seriously, and we will use your feedback to continually improve the Porch experience for contractors. Please feel free to reach out to our support team here if needed: https://porch.com/pro/support.

Porch questions and answers

What problem is Porch trying to solve?
We are trying to help people love their home by helping them care for, manage and buy/sell their home.
What sets Porch apart from the competition?
Our data. We are a data driven company with 3.2 million professionals and 130 million home improvement projects in our system. We are able to truly know who your neighbors and friends have used and loved.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We help homeowners connect to trusted reliable professionals that their neighbors and friends have used.
How does Porch measure success?
Delighting our customers is our number one goal. To date, we have raised over $100 million dollars, have a strategic partnership with Lowe's and our Porch Home Report is available on over 25,000 real estate websites.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
That reviews are gamed. We brought in verified reviews so that homeowners know that a certain professional did work on a specific home.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Mobile has definitely changed the way people book services.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Porch?
That we are helping small business professionals by taking away the work of marketing and letting them focus on what they love to do best.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our CEO was named USA TODAY Entrepreneur of the Year and we have been on Seattle's fastest growing companies list as well as Best Place to Work for Seattle Business.
How has Porch grown or evolved?
We were 25 employees and now we are over 400.

Porch Company Information

2012
2200 First Ave S
Seattle
WA
1 (855) 494-5972
porch.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business