4.0/5 (204 ratings)
Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Porch

Porch is the leading destination for professional installation, assembly, repair, maintenance, and other home services from quality pros. Porch has a nationwide network of home services professionals that make it fast and easy to tackle whatever's on your home to-do list. Porch also connects customers with a suite of free services, including a dedicated Home Assistant, 24/7 help, online project management, project cost guides, pro reviews, and much more. Learn more at porch.com/reviews.

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Porch Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I had some three-way switches that weren't behaving. Porch sent a great young man from a local company and he fixed the problem quickly. Imagine having an electrician come to your house and work for 1 1/2 hours and only charge you $88. That is not just a great deal, it's a miracle and Porch made it happen.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

He was very polite, considerate. He was on time. I explained where I wanted the curtain rods hung up & he got right to work. He was a fast worker. It did feel a tad warm in my home & I turned on the air conditioner for the 1st time this year!. It took a little doing to finally get an appointment arranged. I am so glad that they came today. I am definitely going to have them for any kind of maintenance problems that come up.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

These guys called after my recent experience with a home inspection, little did I know that it wasn't going to be a phone call I could ignore. We talked about home insurance, and I had planned on keeping the insurance place I originally went through. However, after being on the phone I went through with getting a new quote, and boy, let me tell you it was worth it. They set me up with an extremely reasonable policy and even saved me $200 more a year by helping me find a different company. Thank you so much!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

On Monday, August 16, 2021, I called Cris ** at Solo and asked him if he could move a pool table from Louisville to New Albany, IN, by Friday of the same week. Cris called Dave **, who drove with two coworkers from Cincinnati to Louisville on Friday, August 20, 2021, and moved the table in perfect condition to my home in New Albany. I deeply appreciate the professionalism of Cris, Dave, and Dave’s crew.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

We had a really bad wind storm that ripped our rubber roof back a few feet. I got on Porch.com and advertised for the project to get done. Scymanski Enterprise Inc. called that same day. He had someone here to repair the roof the next day. They undid the original rubber roof, repaired the original decking,, stretched the rubber material and cemented it back down again. Added a drip edge and secured the roof so the wind couldn't get under it again.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Had serviceman scheduled 3-4 times and each time they cancelled after confirming time and dates. Had cancelled other service folks based on their communicating their appointments. They then cancelled a 4th time and said they could not deliver an electrician based on availability even after scheduling them. Learned my lesson to not use this company again. I give them credit though they communicated every failed upcoming appointment. One after another. Good luck if you choose to use their service.

Original review: March 1, 2022

Found the best home owners policy and price in minutes which saved me a lot of time. He followed up with a car insurance quote. Chris was friendly with no pressure. Thanks for being there with the right words and answers.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I asked several questions and he was able to answer all of them. Very nice person. Would have him do my home inspection again if I bought another home. I will definitely tell my friends about the well job he did. My husband was also very satisfied with him and would tell his friends

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

After a referral from Pottery Barn I scheduled 2 services with Porch. My appointment came and I realized 'scheduling' doesn't mean that a job is scheduled. After a week of emails and calls Porch 'booked' my appointment. I spoke with a representative to confirm. Today I made arrangements to be home and waited for someone from Porch to show up. I told our contractor this morning that he did not need to find someone to do the work because I had someone coming. It is an hour past my appointment and I finally got a call from Porch. I couldn't get through to Porch via their 'help' line. You get a busy signal if you try to call Porch.

Porch called in response to my three emails. They said they are 'very sorry.' They don't have someone to come. They didn't have someone last week and won't have someone next week. I was looking for a HANDYMAN!!! I could find someone faster than cheaper than Porch. Someone more responsible should set up the same type of business and actually make calls to find service providers. It's shocking that a respectable company like Pottery Barn refers to Porch.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Ruben was great and efficient. He was very transparent and made sure the TVs where exactly where I wanted them. He also had me checkout everything before leaving to ensure I was satisfied. He cleaned up after himself and was very customer friendly.

Porch questions and answers

What problem is Porch trying to solve?
    We are trying to help people love their home by helping them care for, manage and buy/sell their home.
    What sets Porch apart from the competition?
    Our data. We are a data driven company with 3.2 million professionals and 130 million home improvement projects in our system. We are able to truly know who your neighbors and friends have used and loved.
    What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    We help homeowners connect to trusted reliable professionals that their neighbors and friends have used.
    How does Porch measure success?
    Delighting our customers is our number one goal. To date, we have raised over $100 million dollars, have a strategic partnership with Lowe's and our Porch Home Report is available on over 25,000 real estate websites.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
    That reviews are gamed. We brought in verified reviews so that homeowners know that a certain professional did work on a specific home.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    Mobile has definitely changed the way people book services.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Porch?
    That we are helping small business professionals by taking away the work of marketing and letting them focus on what they love to do best.
    Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
    Our CEO was named USA TODAY Entrepreneur of the Year and we have been on Seattle's fastest growing companies list as well as Best Place to Work for Seattle Business.
    How has Porch grown or evolved?
    We were 25 employees and now we are over 400.

Porch Company Information