It's that easy Request Information
3.44/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Porch is the leading destination for professional installation, assembly, repair, maintenance, and other home services from quality pros. Porch has a nationwide network of home services professionals that make it fast and easy to tackle whatever's on your home to-do list. Porch also connects customers with a suite of free services, including a dedicated Home Assistant, 24/7 help, online project management, project cost guides, pro reviews, and much more. Learn more at porch.com/reviews.

462 Porch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

We needed a professional to re-pipe our home. We were recommended to a professional off of Porch who gave us a very low quote, and we used that quote to negotiate the closing costs on our home. Once we bought the home, it became clear this professional did not seem capable of re-piping a home. We asked if he was licensed or had references. He responded that he was too busy to take our job and overqualified. We ended up giving him a chance to do another very small project, which he ended up messing up and we'll have to do over. I kept giving him a chance because he came referred from Porch, however he is unlicensed and not qualified. Who are you guys finding to do work? This is a scam.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Nikey did a great job on the repair. He kept us involved on what was needed and gave us a very good result. He had no hidden cost and was very professional. I would recommend him to anyone! Thank you for such a good person.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Patrick from Eco Build was great - prompt communication, excellent service and reasonably priced. He handled service repairs very quickly and came fully prepared for a few things we asked him to fix at the last minute. I’ll be recommending him to my HOA for any future needs around the building and will certainly recommend him to friends.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Got my pantry assembled very well in a reasonable amount of time. Would use Porch again for household necessities. It is good to be able to have a service to do things that a single person at home is not able to complete. He was on time and very courteous

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I had never heard of Porch.com until a staff member at Lowe's told me about it. I was contacted by several professional and have sat down and are getting ready to hire one. They seem to be respected, highly referred and professional. Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

The contractors we selected from Porch.com were reliable, hardworking and respectful of my home. I received a call the same night I put a request in, and William came the next morning to come review the job and give us an estimate. We accepted his estimate and he was very accommodating with our schedule. He completed the work and did a great job. William and his team were knowledgeable, conscientious and very respectful. They offered suggestions where we weren't sure what to do. They left the area clean and neat each night and then at completion, left us with a beautiful staircase and a finished look.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

In the past 3 weeks, we have had at least 4 false leads. 2 we called and the person said they had never heard of Porch and therefore, have never posted on Porch. The other 2 were ones, that the person said they had posted something a few years ago, but the wording was not their wording. Their "false" post, also reposted and when I asked about the re-post they said they did not do the repost or the one we say earlier. When we try to get a refund for the job - since you have to pay for the lead upfront, it denies you automatically. Then you have to file a complaint with them and even then they have a ridiculous generic excuse that they have built into the price and problems. This isn't a problem it is is a false lead - fraud. We have lost at least $200+ dollars to them/month. Stick with Thumbtack or direct mailing - your odds of getting a legitimate lead with less money has better odds.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

When you take on a service like this the sales team will tell you that you have a 70% chance of turning a lead into actual work. But here is the truth that I have experienced. First understand that I sold over 350 worth of work last year. You need to understand that I am not just some guy that can't make a sale. I wrote down everything with Porch. The leads I bought and chased through their service. I wanted to give them time to show me that the lead service would work.

So this time frame extends from July through Jan. In that time I tried several different ave. with them. I tried what they suggested with I give them $400 to work with and they just throw leads at me. Every lead that was in my chosen field. So we started with just roofing to test this. Very few leads came through. Not their fault that was just a geographic problem. So I made the criteria broader by adding drywall, painting, flooring, kitchens, etc (I don't remember exactly what we added, but you get the point). After a time that was not working out. So I pulled back to a pay as you go at $200 a month with them giving me "warm" leads. Phone transfers and such. After that I have pulled back to just Pay as you go.

Now let's get down to the numbers! Over the time frame mentioned I bought 74 individual leads, that costed me approx. $1,600.00. Of those leads as of right this minute only two of them became actual jobs. The two jobs where about $20,000 of my gross revenue. Now Porch would argue that I should still be in the black from 20k worth of work. But what is really going on? Porch leads are NOT actual leads. If you buy a lead and a person answers the phone and says they are just shopping for a price, Porch considers that to be a potential future job. You will not get your money back.

If someone sets a meeting and then calls you back because they changed their mind for whatever reason (wife). That is considered a viable lead that you should have tried harder to sell, you will not get your money back. Some of the leads are just straight no answer at all. If you go through their system to make your contacts, like they ask. You should try 4 times to make contact, 2 calls, 2 text. If you can't get through to anyone then the system says it will give you an automatic refund in 7 days. They can hold on to hundreds of dollars for a week. Money that you can no longer use for anything else and then after the week is up you end up having to call and ask for your money. Unfortunately these people have deep pockets and have spent marketing dollars to put themselves in front of homeowners and as a contractor this is where people look for reviews.

Homeowners beware! By using this service you by your actions are driving up the cost of the work. You must realize that every contractor has to pay for your information between $12 to $60. A contractor has to find a way to absorb these cost, and the only way to do that is to spread it out among the customers by charging more money. If you are a contractor take your money and invest it in some smart marketing. You will get better longer lasting results. If you decide to try it just remember what you read and be sure to leave a review warning the next guy.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Both times I’ve used Porch for my home improvement needs, the team was able to connect me with an appropriate person/ business to meet my needs quickly and efficiently. The level of customer service that I’ve received from these businesses has been nothing short of amazing! If you need something done around your house, but don’t know where to start looking, I would suggest Porch! They’re great!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

On 1/18/19 I confirmed AND PAID for installation of a dining set on Wednesday 1/23/19; the furniture was to be delivered on 1/21. When it didn’t arrive and the freight company advised of a two day delay I contacted the phone number provided in my confirmation for this installation and the first time slot available was Friday 1/25 so it was rescheduled for Friday. Wednesday afternoon sometime around 3 pm I got a call from “Bobby” saying he was on the way. I told him that morning’s appointment had be reset for Friday. He appeared very anxious to do the work so we agreed on Thursday afternoon. He later advised via text “they already have me booked up for tomorrow. But we are set up for 2 to 5 on Friday.

We adapted and that time was actually better than the originally scheduled and revised time slot of 8-12 on Friday. Friday at 2:18 I receive a text, “Sorry I will have to move your appointment until tomorrow if that’s ok? I stuck on this big camera job… But I can definitely come by on tomorrow same time”. I responded, "1 pm would actually be better" and he said “I may can make it around one.” I told him one was fine and he responded “Ok, will do!” So, Saturday, 1:36 with no contact I texted him asking about schedule and was told, “I’m stuck in Panama (I assume City) right now" as Panama is over 1,000 miles away.

He claimed the customer was late and stated, “I really do apologize oh, it looks like I'll probably won't be down here until about an hour or so. If the time doesn't work for you, I can always come out tomorrow which is my off day, but I'm willing to go ahead and get you guys taken care of.” I responded OK and we agreed on tomorrow morning (Sunday 1/27/19); he said, “Ok I can be there around 10” and I responded “Please. No later. Thanks” and he said “Will do”. Well at 10:50 this morning the lady meeting Bobby stated, “Still haven’t heard and just called, no answer. So I texted him, “Shirley is waiting” and here it is now 2:51 pm and still no response.

At 1:40 I called the number on my confirmation and was told by Savannah, she couldn’t reach him on the phone and had sent an email and someone would be in touch when they knew something. I asked for a supervisor, manager, someone, anyone who could speak for the company and give me reliable information; I got nothing. Here I sit with four boxes of materials to be assembled, a process I paid for NINE days ago; I am not even certain it is legal to charge for a service prior to performing the service, but I didn’t argue. Guess I should have. I need ANSWERS!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Fast, efficient, and reasonably priced work. Came in under the quote after work was completed. Highly Recommend this company to anyone. They helped us in a pinch and got the job done quickly and completely!! Thank you Carter Quality Plumbing.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

If you are a contractor and get a call from Porch.com, hang up immediately. These guys are running a Ponzi scheme. Have you buy lead credits and then the leads are 100 percent FAKE. But, you cannot get your money back. They will refund it to your Porch account to buy another FAKE lead. It takes up to four weeks to get your lead credits returned to your Porch account, so you buy more leads while they process the first lead for credit. What a SCAM.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I received a couple of calls from gutter cleaners and chose A Touch of Glass and scheduled an appt to meet them at my mother in laws house to clean her gutters. I forgot to meet them at the scheduled time and when I called later to apologize and reschedule they told me that they cleaned them anyway. I was very grateful for that and so happy they went ahead and did the work without me being there.

Resolution response: Jan. 18, 2019

Well, my inexperience dealing with a company hosting my information without my permission is zero as is bad reviews. The rep failed to mention all I needed to do was call some customers and add more reviews. The actual information on my company is way off and I wonder where they get it and how they can categorize my skills seeing as I was never asked. I'm marking this resolved due to way too much time and frustration spent on a malicious review. I have no desire to speak to this company after today.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I hate to post negative information because I know they hurt business and it my issue with Porch.com. Out of 438 customers I have received 1 bad review. It's hosted on Porch which I have contacted for years to address said review. I reported it, called, emailed etc. It wasn't affecting business until a Google rep and I went over the sharp decline in business since Sept of last year. That was yesterday. I called in and was informed if I signed on with a payment of 450.00 the review would be "hidden". I talked to my partner about this and he brought up the ethical issue that creates and I hadn't considered that. I'm no computer genius but now after only 24 hrs of me devoting real effort I have identified this review as being the most likely cause of 1100 views on my new website per month with no calls.

So I called in this morning just to see if I could expedite the process only to be informed that the prior statements made to me were a mistake, after I had cleared to go ahead with the plan. I wish I would have done my due diligence with Porch as I did with the client that gave the bad review. Despite his physical threats and all kinds of issues where I could and should have walked the job I made it to the last day and was fired. Porch does no vetting of reviews as far as I can tell, the job was not done through Porch, there's really no evidence I even did it but I'm going to claim it and follow through. In my opinion, hiding a review if I paid to join which is what I was told then flipping to wait to investigate said review...hurt me even more and seems very irresponsible of this site.

Hosting bad unverified reviews should be a criminal act in my eyes. My audit points towards poor and unethical business practices on Porch's behalf. No other site would let that happen or would at the very least followed through with an email. I've had 2 after more than several attempts to talk to someone up there. It took me trying to get an account to get the story and even then they all seemed to skirt the truth. This has cost me personally 10s of thousands of dollars and after saying they would do business with me then changing up. Only confirms either straight lies or very slack review hosting.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Made an appointment a week in advance for a Saturday at 10 AM. Porch called a couple days before and advised they can’t get a contractor for that date. Rescheduled for the following Tuesday at 10 AM. Received a call from the contractor on the Sunday before verifying the appointment and what was needed. On the Tuesday at 7:30 AM, the contractor left a message on my voicemail inquiring if there was any snow in the gutters. The answer would obviously be no if he walked outside. My guess is he made up a story to do another job. Porch also left a message saying the contractor told them it was too dangerous to do because of the snow. There literally was no snow! Porch's fix was to reschedule the same contractor. In addition the guy on the phone was smug. Do yourself a favor, do not go through this service. If I could give no stars I would.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I’ll forgo the tragicomically bad service delivery and being blocked by the provider when I had the audacity to inquire about an exterior patio paint job that literally washed into the gutters (environmentally sound I’m sure) and direct my consternation and what should be a review of an infinite recession of negative stars to the Porch customer support effort...

I’ll spare the reader the vertiginous tedium of my first dozen email exchanges, of responses like “mmm, sorry 'bout that” and a daily promise not delivered upon. I eventually rang in and was transferred to no less than 3 dimwitted and wholly apathetic agents, the last of which instructed me to appeal to the “guarantee department”, and this is where the hilarity ensues. After an exchange of bot-driven canned responses, the inimitable Sam ** came back with this whopper. So in essence, Porch guarantees NO work and theft or fraudulent misrepresentation is remedied by bellyaching on social media or penning a letter to one’s attorney general. Porch is a sloshing, overbrimming chamberpot and a complete scam. Do not use these apes under any circumstance.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

The brick work was done in a professional manner and timely manner and he told us how he was going to do the work & my wife and I was very pleased. He also was very clean in his work as he took pride of his work. I will use him again if I need more work done.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

They worse. They lie to you. They never answer back. Don't do it. Very bad. The leads are mostly bad. Just a big rip off. I call and call and they never answer and when I did get one person he lie. He said they would go back on.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Certified Plumbing is great! I called three different plumbing companies for bids on a large project. I had an underground leak that couldn't be found and had to have 165 feet of new water line. Certified was not only the best price they did a fabulous job! Their quality of work was excellent as well as their service and workmanship. I would highly recommend them! They will be my go to plumbing company!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I scheduled an appointment with Porch for Christmas Eve and did so three weeks in advance. After getting the appointment reminder email the day before, I was confident everything would go off without a hitch. Then they called at the time of the scheduled appointment to say they weren't going to be able to make it. NO NOTICE. We were literally on the lookout out the windows for them when the phone rang. They told us they couldn't find anyone to come on Christmas Eve! WHAT??? You've had three weeks to notify me of this so I could make other arrangements.

Now I'm stuck on Christmas Eve with no other plans to assemble my 7 year old's Christmas present from Santa. ABSOLUTELY RUINED OUR CHRISTMAS. And on top of that they made up some story about how they warned me this could happen and that they couldn't guarantee services on Christmas Eve. That was absolutely not true. If they had told me that, I would have certainly made other arrangements well in advance. Thanks for nothing, Porch. I'll never use your services again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

So I got duped into joining porch.com as a contractor. I started with Porch in the summer of 2018 for a sum of $500 pay for leads pay as you go and got zero jobs from it. I have asked for the lead money back for customers either one not contacting you back or to being fraudulent. They refused to issue any of my money back. I still have money on my quote on quote account that they still will not issue back to me. I then after complaining of how poorly they operate they had their sister company Go Smith contact me. I want my total a $500 I given this poorly-run establishment back into my account for their fraudulent claims, however they refuse to give anything back that they've stolen from you.

When I made my profile and I told them I was a licensed contractor they did not care about the licensing, insurance, or anything to do of actual contracting. All they care about is the money that you're willing to dump into their fraudulent business. Absolutely the worst company I've ever had the privilege laugh out loud of giving away my hard-earned money to. Absolutely the worst horriblest company ever! If you want to just give away your money and your time then I highly suggest using the service. Not worth the issues or aggravation or fraudulent claims they do. As a homeowner I very much suggest not using this company seeing they don't do any background checks on the contractors. I tried everything to give them my information and they could have cared less. The only thing they cared about was my credit card number. I would love to find out if there's a class action lawsuit like the one against HomeAdvisor, Angie's List.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Daybed - I really love the professionalism and prompt and reliable service that was displayed. My service guy came early and ready to start. He did a great job and made sure everything was cleaned up afterwards. I would definitely recommend to my family and friends. The job and work performed was awesome!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Work was done promptly, correctly and for a minimal amount of money. I will continue to use them in the future! I initially had them to do one project but because the work was done so professionally, I added some additional projects and all was completed in same day.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

The installation guys were awesome! They went over and beyond my expectations of the service. They had my 55 in Vizio U k4 HDR Smart TV, mounted safely and secured to the wall and was centered perfectly!! I am more than pleased with their professional workmanship these two installers from Nacogdoches TX did.

A1 would have given more stars if I could. These two went over and above my expectations for this installation. Thanks sincerely.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Jeremy came in, installed the curtain rods, hung the curtains and left. He called 2 hours prior to arrival. He arrived on time as arranged. He unpacked the curtain rods and unpacked the curtains. He also put the boxes the items came in, into the trash. Good job.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Bill and Drew did a great job inspecting home. Answered all my questions, and gave me some good advice. I highly recommend them. Friendly and helpful too. Made me feel much better about the home. They went from top to bottom.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

An excellent job in cleaning the gutters! He was very thorough and took his time to do a great job! He was very prompt and what else can I say other than I would recommend your company to anyone needing someone to do a good job cleaning their gutters!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We had an undermount sink that needed to be removed and a new drop in installed. He had to grind off about 1/2 inch of granite which was very difficult. He did a great job installing the sink and new faucet! I would definitely use Porch.com again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We contacted Porch.com when we ran into problems installing new fireplace doors. They responded to my online request almost immediately. At first I was skeptical because the man I was talking with didn't seem to understand the job or what was needed, and they asked for credit card information over the phone, saying they had to have it to process the service request. They set up an appointment, then emailed to cancel, saying they needed to discuss it with a manager.

I watched my credit card statement daily and there was no problem. I was contacted the next day by another man who knew exactly what we needed. Seems the original cancellation was because the first guy knew he was in over his head and sent to someone else who could help. The second guy (Andrew **) came quickly and did a great job. We paid the minimal price that was appropriately charged to our credit card after the job was completed. Turns out my initial concerns were unfounded, and Porch came through!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

They did a nice job improving our curb appeal by trimming and shaping the bushes. The guy cleaned up and carried all the branches to the street. He was polite and made sure we were satisfied with the work. He called to let us know when he would be arriving and was on time.

Porch questions and answers

What problem is Porch trying to solve?
We are trying to help people love their home by helping them care for, manage and buy/sell their home.
What sets Porch apart from the competition?
Our data. We are a data driven company with 3.2 million professionals and 130 million home improvement projects in our system. We are able to truly know who your neighbors and friends have used and loved.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We help homeowners connect to trusted reliable professionals that their neighbors and friends have used.
How does Porch measure success?
Delighting our customers is our number one goal. To date, we have raised over $100 million dollars, have a strategic partnership with Lowe's and our Porch Home Report is available on over 25,000 real estate websites.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
That reviews are gamed. We brought in verified reviews so that homeowners know that a certain professional did work on a specific home.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Mobile has definitely changed the way people book services.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Porch?
That we are helping small business professionals by taking away the work of marketing and letting them focus on what they love to do best.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our CEO was named USA TODAY Entrepreneur of the Year and we have been on Seattle's fastest growing companies list as well as Best Place to Work for Seattle Business.
How has Porch grown or evolved?
We were 25 employees and now we are over 400.

Porch Company Information