It's that easy Request Information
3.53/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Porch is the leading destination for professional installation, assembly, repair, maintenance, and other home services from quality pros. Porch has a nationwide network of home services professionals that make it fast and easy to tackle whatever's on your home to-do list. Porch also connects customers with a suite of free services, including a dedicated Home Assistant, 24/7 help, online project management, project cost guides, pro reviews, and much more. Learn more at porch.com/reviews.

572 Porch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 15, 2019

I was extremely apprehensive about utilizing Porch services after paying a $99 fee through Walmart to have the TV stand that I purchased assembled. I found out after placing the order that the $99 was just an estimate and not a fixed quote. I spent several times over the phone and via text trying to figure out exactly how much it would cost me before scheduling an appointment. Since I only paid $149 for the stand, I did not want to pay more money getting the stand assembled than it was worth to begin with. Finally, I decided to bite the bullet and eat the cost but after speaking with someone at Porch, I was told additional charges are only added if the item requires to people to assemble and/or is excessively large.

In addition, when I found out that Porch is essentially a handy man service, I signed up for them to mount a curtain rod for me, as well for an additional fee. I am extremely happy with Alvin's work and the timing was perfect! My TV stand looks lovely in the living room and the curtain rod that was mounted hangs up the curtains that I have covering my front door to provide some level of privacy. I was so happy that I was not charged any additional money for the assembly, even though it took a little over 2 hours to complete. I will definitely be utilizing their services in the future!

KP

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Adriano **, I call him an Artist. His work is superb. I have a very expensive house that was a rental and I am now selling. Once the renters left, I found significant water damage to all the cabinets throughout the house. The kitchen was the worst. I had four cabinet restoration businesses come out to asses the damage and quote me on repairs. One would not quote. Two others wanted to charge a large fee to totally strip the cabinets and recolor them. Then Adriano came in. He stated that he would bring back all the cabinets to original color and finish. He spent time examining the wood and its quality and explaining how he would accomplish this task. The amazing part was his price, it was very reasonable and competitive.

His work ethics are great, he showed up on time and finished on time. He was neat, no dust or mess. When he completed the project, he asked me to examine all the cabinets to make sure I was satisfied with his work. He is a real gentleman, friendly and great to talk to. I am highly recommending him and his work. In fact, we have some furniture in our home that we want him took at that needs some restoration work. If you hire him you will be amazed with his finished product, because he is a truly an Artist.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We contacted Porch.com when we ran into problems installing new fireplace doors. They responded to my online request almost immediately. At first I was skeptical because the man I was talking with didn't seem to understand the job or what was needed, and they asked for credit card information over the phone, saying they had to have it to process the service request. They set up an appointment, then emailed to cancel, saying they needed to discuss it with a manager.

I watched my credit card statement daily and there was no problem. I was contacted the next day by another man who knew exactly what we needed. Seems the original cancellation was because the first guy knew he was in over his head and sent to someone else who could help. The second guy (Andrew **) came quickly and did a great job. We paid the minimal price that was appropriately charged to our credit card after the job was completed. Turns out my initial concerns were unfounded, and Porch came through!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I was referred to your website by Lowe's. There I located and called a local (Mesquite, TX) contractor. He was at another job, but promised to come by before 8 PM to evaluate the problem. By 10 PM he had provided an description of work with a cost estimate. He and his crew were there at 8 AM the next day. They completed the work by 6 PM and had cleaned up the work site by 7 PM. He patiently answered my questions and explained the "what and why" of each step in the demolition and repair. Beyond that he communicated with my insurance company to their satisfaction about the reasons for the work and the expense. I tried to stay out of their way, but I observed every step of the repair process. Not only was this man patient with my questions, the work was completed in a timely manner and was actually finished below the estimated price.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Had garden lights repaired by M.Y. Electric who did a horrible job and when I tried to reach them to repair a third problem, the owner never returned my calls. Upon going on HomeAdvisor and explaining that the job was only minor problem a person at a repair company phoned and then told me they only do jobs from $4,000 and up, but she recommended I phone Lowe's or Home Depot for local help. That is how I learned of Porch.com and had wonderful response and the company I chose, Homeland Electric came from a long distance, but wanted to do the repair. They did a wonderful job quickly and did even more than expected and then charged us much less than for what we agreed. Although I also am a member of Angie's List where I got the bad results, and HomeAdvisor whose responses I did not use, for any more repairs or needs Porch.com will be our choice from here on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Original review: May 22, 2019

I purchased a 65 inch TV from Wal-mart that I needed mounted on my wall. Porch did a good job of following up on the job before and after the job was completed. The Tech Tarus ** did a very good job of installing my TV on the wall and he arrived 10 minutes early.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Treadmill Assembly - Porch was great! Isaac showed up on time - even a few minutes early, was so polite, worked quickly and had the new treadmill up and running in no time! We would definitely recommend them to others and will use them again ourselves!

Original review: May 21, 2019

On April 24th I posted a request for a general contractor that could build a screened in covered porch and a side deck for my new home on Porch.com. On April 25th I was contacted by a contractor named Aly ** who is the owner of a company called Construction Near Me. He told me he was referred to me through Porch and could have his lead carpenter meet me at my property to give me an estimate of what the job would cost. That afternoon I met with Timothy ** at my property and was told that they could do the job for $9,850. After speaking with Aly on the phone and agreeing to the price, I met with him at the permit office so we could apply for the building permit and sign his contract to do the work. He requested that I pay him 60% down to cover material cost so I wrote him a check for $5,910. He told me he would start on the job immediately and would have it finished within 4 to 5 days.

More than a week later and work still had not started on the porch but I had made a change to the size of the side deck and increased it from a 4 x 6 to a 8 x 30. Aly had his lead carpenter Tim meet me back out at the property on May 3rd to get another check from me to cover the cost of the material for the larger deck size. They told me the cost of the larger deck with labor would be a total of $3,200 and they had me sign another contract and requested that I pay that amount in full. This is where everything went downhill.

Now that this company had $9,110 of my money they started giving me every excuse as to why they couldn't start work on my property. Every time I spoke with this company they told me they had ordered my material and it was delivered to the property but nothing was ever delivered. This company even tried to get me to pay them in full because they said one of their vehicles broke down and they needed the money to fix it before they could start working. On May 7th the permit office told me that the building permit was ready to be picked up so I let them know they could go by and get it and they did but continued to tell me that they still didn't have the permit just start building which was a lie. The contract that I signed on April 25th said that they would have this job completed by May 21st.

After a total of 20 days had passed and no work was done I told the contractor that I would contact the Sheriff's Department and report them for theft by deception if they did not do the job they were hired to do. The contractor sent a crew out late at night and threw together what was supposed to be the frame to my porch but it wasn't built to code. Instead of building the porch on concrete Footers they buried the structural post 16 in into the ground with no concrete nor did they pour Footers. The structure is larger than a 12 x 12 and in the state of Georgia it is required that anything larger than that there must be joist hangers used to support the weight of the structure on the floor joist.

Also the structure was not attached to the home and was free-standing without additional support added which also are required by code. When I address this problem with the contractor he told me he was a professional and knew what he was doing and for me to not tell him how to do his job. I told him that if he couldn't build the structure to code then he would need to stop what he was doing before the entire structure would have to be torn down and done correctly. The contractor never completed the job nor did he try to make anything right. He just never came back. I contacted the local sheriff's department and they contacted him and informed him that he would be charged with theft by deception if he did not return my money. I am still waiting for my refund.

When I contacted Porch about this problem they had me put together all of the contract information, checks that I wrote, and any conversations that I had had with the contractor. They told me they would help me resolve this problem and would offer to give me back $1,000 of my money to help with legal fees against this contractor. After I worked hard to put all of this information together for them and emailed it to them I received an email back from them just a few minutes later that said that my problem didn't fit the porch guarantee criteria and they would not be refunding me any money.

On top of all of this I did a criminal background check on the owner of Construction Near Me and found out that he had been arrested 3 years in a row for felony charges including felony bad checks, felony theft by taking, and felony theft by deception. Porch said that they do a thorough background check on these contractors but apparently they don't. They send people out to your house that obviously have no idea how to build anything and then when they take your money and don't do the work they don't stand behind their guarantee. I would never use either one of these companies ever again.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Clogged area drains. The technician, Gabriel, knew exactly what he was doing, went straight to the matter and was able to solve the problem quickly without going into extra time and money for me. He was very knowledgeable and professional. Additionally, he was very transparent and what he was doing and did a good job of explaining his actions. The way he acted and performed his duties made me very confident in the work he did.

Original review: May 18, 2019

So far I am very happy with Antoni **. We made a deal. His proposal was reasonable. He starts the 16th of June. We are looking for another project with him which will be second phase of this project. Now we need a landscape reasonable design offer and a new person for installation of blinds.

Original review: May 18, 2019

No show for service in St. Louis Missouri. I purchased this as an extra service from Walmart. The tv installer did not show as promised twice. The project manager never delivered. One of the times only half a crew arrived, and the guy didn't seem professional. He was complaining that he never got paid for his work. Had to cancel service and after many calls and broken promises I had to find another company to install my tv. Very disappointing.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Deck Repair - CAS Renovation - Arrived promptly, explained why they were going to do and communicated the duration of the job. Workers were very courteous and professional. I would certainly recommend CAS. Did a great job. I am totally satisfied. I am going to use them for a project in the near future. They are very knowledgeable in various areas.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Recumbent bike assembly - My Handyman was on time, knowledgeable and very considerate of my home. I will be using this service again. In the past I would find something in a store I liked, but it came in a box and required assembly which I could not do. This service opens new doors for me. Very pleased.

Original review: May 16, 2019

New door was installed properly, however, the storm door is crooked and does not align properly. Costs were extensive. The handyman charged 59.00 to come and measure for door. He ordered the door for 219.00, then took three days to install which resulted in $550.00 in labor charges!

Original review: May 14, 2019

The setup process was easy and straightforward. I was very impressed with the upfront pricing. The contractor that arrived (Paul **) did an incredibly amazing job. The project looks spectacular. He went above and beyond to make sure my "easy" task was completed beyond my expectations.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Porch sent James out to install two new window AC units. He called to confirm and as he was en route. The job was done excellently. He made the whole experience comfortable. The units are in solid. Security was a concern. He made the adjustments for fit and security. Thanks for his expertise.

Original review: May 14, 2019

It was a two person job but you only sent one person and I was concerned but William did a great job. I was charged for two people but the amount was corrected and I was issued a refunded the difference.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Terrible experience. I was trying to screen in my porch. When I first talked to someone they gave me a list of supplies to pick up and I knew what they were telling me was wrong so I asked the handyman to come out and look at my porch and let me know what I needed. He charged me $15 for the visit. He pushed this appointment 24 hrs and then showed up about 90 minutes late. Porch then first scheduled me for a date to do the project which the handyman said he was unable to do so we pushed it 6 days later. Then 2 days before the appointment Porch asks if I can move my appointment to which I told them no. They said they would find someone else to do the job.

Instead of finding someone else to do the job they send me a message saying that my project was not in their scope and they are unable to do it. Absolute joke of a business. You’re telling me a company named “Porch” can’t screen in a porch? If you can’t do it why did your so called “handyman” say he could do it? Why would you have me go buy about $500 worth of supplies if you can’t do it? Do not ever use this company. Customer service was incompetent and useless. “Handymen” can’t hold an appointment and after they cancel on you a few times they’ll just cancel the whole project. They said they would give my info to a contractor and they would get in touch with me within 24 hours...well, it’s been about 100 hours and still no contact.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Kitchen Island Assembly - He was awesome! On time, skilled & done in no time. He called prior to let me know he had arrived. So polite and courteous. I could not have asked for a more nice, polite and person to come into my house. And he was so skilled at what he was doing. I would certainly ask for him again.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 9, 2019

Would NOT recommend PORCH to anyone. I had them install a above ground pool. The install named Jorge put the pool up. Never got in the pool to straighten out the bottom. He said, "Just add water and it will work itself out". Well that did not happen so I called his supervisor Victor ** and he assured me he would take care of getting it fixed. So a week later and many phone calls he sent Jorge back out, mind you Jorge said leave about 1' of water in the pool so I did so when he got here this morning. He said, "Oh it needs more water drained and I don't have time to wait here all day for the pool to drain, you need to get someone else to fix it because what little money I make on the installation is not enough". I offered to go get and pay for a sump pump but all he had were excuses. My pool is still not fixed now I will have to find some reputable company to come finish what they started. I am not Happ

Porch response

Laurie,

This is certainly not the experience we aim to deliver at Porch, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience, and appreciate your feedback as it helps us provide better service moving forward.

Original review: May 9, 2019

The installers were extremely helpful, courteous and knowledgeable. They removed the old TV, unpacked the new one and installed it properly. They then cleaned up, removing all debris and leaving the area in better shape than when they arrived. Really appreciated the service provided.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Needed monthly service for lawn & redo front landscaping including a retaining wall for privacy but may need different company for front or at least a lawnscape designer but fine with first service but stated “I don’t pull weeds. That’s extra."

Original review: May 8, 2019

Road asphalt repair - We were looking for estimates for road repair and you showed us 3 vendors. All 3 contacted us and provided estimates. We are signing a contract with one of the vendors. I would recommend your service to anyone looking for this type of work.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Had my 21 x 25 ft deck resurface. DJ remodeling did an awesome job. It looks brand new. I now have them fixing my roof. Highly recommend them. The crew was very professional, very clean and very accommodating. Work was actually done sooner than I expected. I'm very happy with them. I'm glad I went to Porch.com. I would have never found an awesome contractor like him so thank you very much.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Mark ** was super knowledgeable, he was so awesome and did a really outstanding job. I really enjoyed his expertise. 10+ Stars for sure!!!! I would definitely recommend Porch services. And, also use Porch services again. Great team! Super service, thank you!

Original review: May 8, 2019

Adult trike assembly - The guy arrived on time, he was very courteous, worked fast and adjusted the seat to my satisfaction as far as height. Maybe too fast because I had to have the seat tightened... It rocked forward and back. Great job otherwise.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Edward arrived on time and ready to work. I helped him and we installed the oven in two hours. He was great to work with and a hard worker. He is one contractor you better never let go. He was the epitome of professionalism.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 8, 2019

I was impressed at how quickly porch.com reached out with an email after my purchase. That is where the service stopped. I had two or three scheduled appointments cancelled and pushed a week out. I cancelled the order from Walmart, and requested a refund. Perhaps you work well in other cities, but Cincinnati… Not so much.

Porch response

Jan,

We are sorry to hear about this experience - we missed the mark on communication here and we apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for this valuable feedback, as we are always working to improve our customer experience.

Original review: May 8, 2019

The person who came to put together the recliners was professional, friendly and assembled the product well and quickly. The people I spoke with over the phone to set up the assembly were professional and helpful and kind. I was satisfied with the work and with all who I spoke to from the company.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Curtain Rod, Drapery Hanging, Bookshelf Installation - The Porch ServicePro was terrific. He was on time, knowledgeable, personable and professional. The booking experience was above and beyond expectations and so much better than any experience I've ever had with local Home Advisor so-called professionals who were always disappointing no-shows. I will use this service again and highly recommend them!

Porch questions and answers

What problem is Porch trying to solve?
We are trying to help people love their home by helping them care for, manage and buy/sell their home.
What sets Porch apart from the competition?
Our data. We are a data driven company with 3.2 million professionals and 130 million home improvement projects in our system. We are able to truly know who your neighbors and friends have used and loved.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We help homeowners connect to trusted reliable professionals that their neighbors and friends have used.
How does Porch measure success?
Delighting our customers is our number one goal. To date, we have raised over $100 million dollars, have a strategic partnership with Lowe's and our Porch Home Report is available on over 25,000 real estate websites.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
That reviews are gamed. We brought in verified reviews so that homeowners know that a certain professional did work on a specific home.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Mobile has definitely changed the way people book services.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Porch?
That we are helping small business professionals by taking away the work of marketing and letting them focus on what they love to do best.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our CEO was named USA TODAY Entrepreneur of the Year and we have been on Seattle's fastest growing companies list as well as Best Place to Work for Seattle Business.
How has Porch grown or evolved?
We were 25 employees and now we are over 400.

Porch Company Information