Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.15/5

Porch is the leading destination for professional installation, assembly, repair, maintenance, and other home services from quality pros. Porch has a nationwide network of home services professionals that make it fast and easy to tackle whatever's on your home to-do list. Porch also connects customers with a suite of free services, including a dedicated Home Assistant, 24/7 help, online project management, project cost guides, pro reviews, and much more. Learn more at porch.com/reviews.

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Porch Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I am leaving this review prior to service. My husband and I ordered a trampoline from Walmart. On the Walmart site it says, "After your purchase, our partner (Porch) will reach out to you to schedule the service at a convenient time for you." A few days pass and I still had not received a call from Porch. I finally called Porch and they had no information about my order. I wait a few more days and call Porch again, still nothing. I called Walmart and Walmart then says, "Porch will contact you after your order has been DELIVERED, not SHIPPED, but DELIVERED."

The trampoline was scheduled to be delivered on December 27, 2019, and we needed Porch the next day. Unfair to ask Porch one day in advance, so I call Porch and ask if I can simply set up an appointment with them directly since Walmart is clearly not abiding by their promise. I had no issues at that point. I was able to set up an appointment and provided my receipt for proof that I did, in fact, pre-pay for their service and Walmart dropped the ball. The gentleman I spoke with was extremely helpful and apologetic for Walmart's screw up. It was such a relief to have someone that actually cared about my problem. So far, I would highly recommend Porch for your needs.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Gentleman, ** at Plumb Masters, 6705 Sheridan Road, Fort Worth, Tx 76134 gave me a call. Out of three who gave me estimates he was definitely the one who filled the bill for my job I need done. I am very fortunate that ** called. He is a master plumber with credentials and he is the most knowledgeable plumber I have ever seen, particular about his work, and a neat worker, does not leave messes for me to clean up... Works steady and is ethical... To say I am pleased with his ability and the service he is giving us is just not enough. He is the best plumber I have EVER seen. Thank you Porch for having him on your list. Very happy with his work!!

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I HAVE A Frigidaire 28 cuft refrigerator/freezer. The freezer was freezing below the storage bins. We suspected the drain tube was clogged. After Joshua came out, he confirmed this. It was leaking onto the floor. He gave us an estimate to repair and he even looked at our outside refrigerator which was also leaking. We agreed to have both repaired. He returned 2 days later after parts were in. He said the drain tube was totally blocked and he repaired that. Then when he inspected our outside refrigerator. it did not need the tube, just defrosting. He was very forthcoming about the repair and even reduced the cost of his labor as well as the part he did not use. We were very pleased with his work and how quickly he was able to do the job. Great company and they respect and honor the service of our veterans. Will definitely use again.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I was in the market for adding central air to my existing central heating system in my home. I was considering going through a big box retailer, then I turned to the Porch website for additional recommendations. Submitting my project on Porch’s website was straightforward and the day after submitting my project, two local companies contacted me. Both came to my home, were professional in assessing my needs and gave me a bid on site. The company we selected installed a quality system the day before the hottest day of the summer. I would recommend using Porch without hesitate for any of your household projects.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Kyle Brinton Electric provided excellent service. He was polite, punctual, competent, and quick. He was in and out in one hour. He communicated with me exactly when he would arrive. He was also flexible and came over a day early with short notice. I was especially impressed because he also is able and willing to work Saturdays. He even carried out the old ceiling fan for me, which he certainly did not have to do. I have a list of additional projects I'm hoping to hire him for in the near future.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Very pleased...very nice and very accommodating. Would like to have them for weekly maintenance. I will look into that. I would definitely recommend them to friends, and hope they will continue to assist me with my pool needs. It is hard to get people to service above ground pools, but these guys were so kind and accommodating. Thank you!

Original review: June 18, 2020

FANTASTIC job by D&R Landscaping- definitely using them again soon!! Already have them a second project and have replaced an older firm. Arrived on time and remembered everything I needed. They even threw in a quick driveway clean up at no additional charge. Now that's great service. Thank you for having them in your network in our local area. They're just great.

Original review: June 12, 2020

It was great having Doug in our new home to install our two TVs. Doug was pleasant, attentive, and efficient at hanging our 82" and 55" TVs. I really appreciated how careful Doug was with making sure his measurements were accurate and that the TVs were secure throughout the mounting processes. Would highly recommend him if you need help mounting TVs, large or small.

Original review: June 10, 2020

The contractor was Holy Roof, Kris **, He replied to my request on a Sunday night, came the next day to evaluate and then the day after that to repair. I am very satisfied with his service and immediate attention.

Original review: June 2, 2020

Faucet repair and new faucet installation. Anthony did a great job and was cordial and professional! Was running late but called to update us. He worked fast and answered all of our questions! We recommend Plummer’s Plumbing highly and will use them again as well as tell our neighbors!

Porch questions and answers

What problem is Porch trying to solve?
      We are trying to help people love their home by helping them care for, manage and buy/sell their home.
      What sets Porch apart from the competition?
      Our data. We are a data driven company with 3.2 million professionals and 130 million home improvement projects in our system. We are able to truly know who your neighbors and friends have used and loved.
      What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      We help homeowners connect to trusted reliable professionals that their neighbors and friends have used.
      How does Porch measure success?
      Delighting our customers is our number one goal. To date, we have raised over $100 million dollars, have a strategic partnership with Lowe's and our Porch Home Report is available on over 25,000 real estate websites.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
      That reviews are gamed. We brought in verified reviews so that homeowners know that a certain professional did work on a specific home.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      Mobile has definitely changed the way people book services.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about Porch?
      That we are helping small business professionals by taking away the work of marketing and letting them focus on what they love to do best.
      Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
      Our CEO was named USA TODAY Entrepreneur of the Year and we have been on Seattle's fastest growing companies list as well as Best Place to Work for Seattle Business.
      How has Porch grown or evolved?
      We were 25 employees and now we are over 400.

Porch Company Information