Porch

Porch Reviews

About Porch

Porch is the leading destination for professional installation, assembly, repair, maintenance, and other home services from quality pros. Porch has a nationwide network of home services professionals that make it fast and easy to tackle whatever's on your home to-do list. Porch also connects customers with a suite of free services, including a dedicated Home Assistant, 24/7 help, online project management, project cost guides, pro reviews, and much more. Learn more at porch.com/reviews.

Porch Reviews

Stars Rating

• 43%
  • 57%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?
    Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed June 17, 2024

I received a call back within minutes after talking to a service placement operator. The quote was given in a few minutes and the pricing was very reasonable. We had someone illegally dump tires in our yard and this help us get rid of them appropriately.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupCoveragePrice

Reviewed March 21, 2024

We are in the Green Pond Area of West Anderson, S.C. We hired Brad and his team from Outdoor Living through Porch.com to resolve a serious water management issue. Brad came out the same day, made a recommendation, quoted a price, built a retaining wall, and tied in four roof downspouts, moving all water to the road drainage. Others were called but did not even show up. There was no cost overrun, and the end product was far better than I had anticipated. Not having them bid on your project would be a mistake. His crew was reliable, friendly, efficient, and attentive to detail. Every single block was installed using a level, so the wall is not only effective but also visually and aesthetically pleasing. The lake that appeared in our backyard every rainfall has disappeared.

The lower part of the hill was leveled and followed by a two-foot layer of white stone. Special 75# interlinked blocks followed and were leveled one by one using a level. Behind the wall were placed, a plastic moisture barrier, irrigation tubing, and backfill. The openings in the blocks were hand-filled with additional stone to add weight and further stability. This was followed by concrete caps along the top of the wall, creating a beautiful finished product. The areas above and below the wall were planted with over 750 juniper ground cover plants, again laid one by one using a level to measure a consistent distance between plants. The entire project, when completed, was a work of art. Grass seed and fertilizer were spread to cover adjacent work areas, and sod was laid in an area that previously had no grass due to the constant flooding. Anyone wishing to take a look at this project with before and after photos is welcome.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2023

Cezar did a very good job in repairing a 3-5 foot section of brick mobile home skirting including a service access point. He was done in just a three to four hours and the result was highly appreciated. Price was a high but the availability of a repair person with masonry repair experience was a hard to find search.

Staff

Reviewed Sept. 26, 2023

It was a great experience. The representative was very professional and took their time explaining things to me. Any Questions I had about the process, he answered and made sure I was well aware of the process. It was a really Great service. I would definitely recommend to a friend or anyone in need of the service.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 21, 2024

Called 17 times. Got an agent twice and was hung up on both times. I asked them to correct invalid and incorrect information on my business name. I had one single review with 5 stars. Porch website said I had two reviews for three stars. I did have one inaccuracy removed several years ago. The Bing site showed I had 1.5 stars -- with one single 5-star rating. These people should be sued, they are horrible. If anyone wants to do class action count me in.

Reviewed June 1, 2024

I put in a request for someone to come out..to hang curtain and rods.. And I got a No Show... No phone call or nothing... So I call them on next day.. And now waiting to see if they will send handyman out or next weekend.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Seconds after I submitted my request, I started getting "off-shore" calls. In addition to my needs, these telemarketer types asked if they could also send a plumber and an electrician, for unknown repairs. Then, I got an email and text message claiming that a religious organization, called "Universal Endtime Harvest Ministry" best matched my needs. Three years ago, we successfully used Porch. Today, Porch is a scam.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 19, 2024

I contacted Porch Home Assistance for work around my home. I at first thought to used them for replacing a garbage disposal. The contractor was scheduled to come to my home at a scheduled time and called me at the last minute to inform me stating he was running late basically needing to reschedule. And by the way I left my job to meet this guy. Eventually, we agreed to reschedule for a later time in the day, well he failed to show up or call. It's been 3 days since the missed appointment and the company (Porch) hadn't even called me to apologize and nor has the contractor. This company stinks. I lost a whole day out of my schedule waiting for them. I contacted a different company who immediately sent someone out who showed up on time and fixed the problem. Do not use Porch. They will waste your time.

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2024

All I got were fake leads. Porch's no refund policy is ridiculous too. Their assistance on the phone is horrible. They can't make anything right. I could have made more money by doing nothing than giving them any business.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2023

I made an appointment 2 days ago for window caulking. Repair person never showed and never called. After calling 4 different numbers, I had to call from a different phone number to get an answer. Upon call back, I was told that Porch had bad news and that no one was coming. This is an hour and fifteen minutes AFTER APPOINTMENT TIME! They could not get a repair person to take the job. Yet, Porch has confirmed for 2 days via personal call, and repeated texts and emails that the job had been assigned and that the appointment was confirmed! They even gave me the repairman's name. Don't bother wasting your time with this company.

Porch questions and answers

What problem is Porch trying to solve?
      We are trying to help people love their home by helping them care for, manage and buy/sell their home.
      What sets Porch apart from the competition?
      Our data. We are a data driven company with 3.2 million professionals and 130 million home improvement projects in our system. We are able to truly know who your neighbors and friends have used and loved.
      What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      We help homeowners connect to trusted reliable professionals that their neighbors and friends have used.
      How does Porch measure success?
      Delighting our customers is our number one goal. To date, we have raised over $100 million dollars, have a strategic partnership with Lowe's and our Porch Home Report is available on over 25,000 real estate websites.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
      That reviews are gamed. We brought in verified reviews so that homeowners know that a certain professional did work on a specific home.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      Mobile has definitely changed the way people book services.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about Porch?
      That we are helping small business professionals by taking away the work of marketing and letting them focus on what they love to do best.
      Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
      Our CEO was named USA TODAY Entrepreneur of the Year and we have been on Seattle's fastest growing companies list as well as Best Place to Work for Seattle Business.
      How has Porch grown or evolved?
      We were 25 employees and now we are over 400.

Porch Company Information