Porch

Compare Home Improvement Contractors

Research top Home Improvement Contractors recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I am not sure where all the previous 5 star reviews came from, I wouldn't be surprised if they were written by their own workers or etc... If Porch was just ineffective I wouldn't be mad, I would wish them well to grow their business, but unfortunately if you are contractor they will rip you off. Mark my words, I wish I did some research before signing up with them, they will rip you off and they don't even feel bad, what goes around comes around, I really hope that contractors don't use your service... Some of us earn money by hard work and some by tricking and scamming others.

Porch is a joke. While it might be an OK resource for homeowners the contractors who use the service are getting ripped off. The first thing you should know is you will NEVER receive your money back if you are not happy. And you will bid and bid, and bid, and be lucky if you ever receive a response, much less work. You can get more action running a classified ad in the newspaper. Over a year I placed 30 bids with the service and never so much as received one callback, and even when no price was named and was a request for more information -- still not one reply. I get about 75% of the work I bid from any other source and have a ton of credentials so it's not about quality or price.

Porch just lets anyone request bids and most are just window shopping and never even reply even though you are paying for those bids. If you chase them around eventually they refund the money to your account so you can bid again and go through the whole process again. Then request the refund again. Then bid again. Then... well you get it. Simply put, don't waste your time or money because almost any other form of getting work will perform better than this. There is a reason why they have an 88% dissatisfaction rating at the BBB.

We had a kitchen, dining room, living room, entryway, and hall that had been done poorly by me 3 years ago. John came in and transformed the look of my home. He was timely, did what he said, tried to cause the least interruption to my home. He did a nice job of keeping the mess to a minimum. John was a gentleman in his interaction.

Porch has exceeded my expectations! Porch has provided a great platform for a small business like mine who is looking to expand their business - I am now in the position to hire employees to keep up with the demand.

This program is extremely helpful for anyone in the business who wants to increase their client base and expand their business in targeted areas. Customer notifications come in on a daily basis and allows the business to schedule the accepted jobs at their own pace. Having the website available for the public to see allows customers to review the business and general public feedback, which drives more work to that company! I give it a 5 star rating!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Question and Answers - Porch

What problem is Porch trying to solve?

We are trying to help people love their home by helping them care for, manage and buy/sell their home.

What sets Porch apart from the competition?

Our data. We are a data driven company with 3.2 million professionals and 130 million home improvement projects in our system. We are able to truly know who your neighbors and friends have used and loved.

What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

We help homeowners connect to trusted reliable professionals that their neighbors and friends have used.

How does Porch measure success?

Delighting our customers is our number one goal. To date, we have raised over $100 million dollars, have a strategic partnership with Lowe's and our Porch Home Report is available on over 25,000 real estate websites.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?

That reviews are gamed. We brought in verified reviews so that homeowners know that a certain professional did work on a specific home.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Mobile has definitely changed the way people book services.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Porch?

That we are helping small business professionals by taking away the work of marketing and letting them focus on what they love to do best.

Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Our CEO was named USA TODAY Entrepreneur of the Year and we have been on Seattle's fastest growing companies list as well as Best Place to Work for Seattle Business.

How has Porch grown or evolved?

We were 25 employees and now we are over 400.

Porch Company Profile