Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Home Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

We recently remodeled our bathrooms. The tile contractor would not get involved in where to buy the material. He did suggest Home Depot. I had been a long time Lowe's customer and was wary of Home Depot big box reputation for poor service. I placed my entire material order online from the convenience of my office. I made one trip to our local Clovis Ca store for the purpose of seeing the tile we were ordering. Young lady in tile was new and needed some training and experience. But, we did finally locate the tile we wanted to see. The tile, grout, Schluter edge molding, faucets and plumbing accessories came in perfect and either ahead of delivery or on the date stated. Packaging was perfect. Needed help from customer service twice. Both times the wait was short. The people spoke English and they got me the answer I needed. Home Depot is now my go-to HI project company.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I see many customers reviewed the store as bad. That is the case where I am going against the public opinion of majority. I don't know company in the US with better customer service than Home Depot. Of course, there are some disadvantages. There are bad and sometimes even rude employees (mostly novices). However most of my visits to this store were more than great. No problems with returns, no problems with parking, no problems with restrooms, no problems with variety of tools available. Again, there are some disadvantages, but let's compare it with other stores. Lowe's is overpriced, Walmart is persecuting its own customers (e.g. Walmart blocked my account without reasonable explanation), ACE is harassing customers just because of parking. Home Depot is the store I really love. Among competitors, it is the best. I wish the best to this company.

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Home Depot, I have been shopping at Home Depot for over 30 years in several different states and two counties, they always seem to have what I need at a fair price. Finding help when needed is not always easy but when you do they seem to have the knowledge of the department items I'm needing help in. I like the parking arrangements i.e. defecated Spots for Pro desk and for vehicles pulling trailers. This is really helpful when I pull my small trailer for pick up. Selection: selection of items is great, if I am shopping for garden and yard tools or plants and supplies they have it, or carpentry tools and materials they have it, or plumbing, electrical, flooring home appliance and furnishings i.e. window covers also windows and doors, you name it if you're fixing up your house, shop or out buildings. Need well supplies they have them too.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Thank you Home Depot for helping to keep us safe in these challenging times. This morning I went to the Home Depot on Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. in West Palm Beach, FL. I was tentative about going to any store but knew this store had the ability to self check out with store associates near enough to answer questions. This eased my mind. Further, all associates were properly wearing masks. I saw three men helping load a truck and they were all wearing masks. The staff in the garden area were all wearing masks properly. Carts were waiting as I entered the garden area so my time was well used. The staff greeted me to let me know they were available and as a courtesy. I was able to get what I needed and check out in an efficient manner. Thank you again for helping to keep us all safe!

Original review: May 10, 2020

I walked into HD to buy plants, I walked out by the Frigidaire Electric glasstop air fryer stove. To my benefit it was on sale. I did have to purchase the plug in cord, that was extra $25.00, I paid extra $25.00 to have the old one taken. Delivery was free with the purchase of the stove. HD delivered on time and was quick, efficient, friendly. The only downside to this stove is you have to buy the air fryer tray separate, I was not told this by HD. That is a extra $50.00. The amount I paid for this stove should of included it. Frigidaire is stating the air fryer tray is not essential. For real? That's whole point of buying this. You also need to use a cookie sheet 16" under the tray to keep crumbs, grease from falling.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Home Depot is using a firm called Temco Logistics to deliver and install appliances. The crew from Temco Logistics believed that my dishwasher was a built-in and that they didn't have an obligation to take out the old one and install the new one. It wasn't a built-in at all. Their own records with Home Depot would show the old dishwasher was installed in June 2018. The previous installation crew managed to take one out and put this one in okay. I don't see any reason why Temco Logistics cannot provide me with the services I paid for.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

After having the same washer and dryer for 20+ years I decided to go to my local Home Depot to get a new front loading washer and dryer. I fell in love with a LG set. When purchasing the washer and dryer we decided to open up a Home Depot card to build my husband's credit. We put 1/2 on the card and 1/2 on my debit card. This was on 11/28/20. The sales person who helped us said we couldn't get the washer and dryer until 1/9/21. Though it was over a month away we decided that would be find because we were going to custom build a pedestal for this purchase and I would need a bit to complete that project. We were told that we would get a phone call the day before to give us our delivery window. We never received a call on 1/8/21. I had to call to see what is going on with the delivery. I found out the washer and dryer delivery was now pushed out to 2/17/21! We received no phone call, no heads up.

My washer has since quit working so now I do not have a washer. I went to the store to see what we can do or if they have a comparable set I can get sooner. The sales person said we may be able to get the washer and dryer set in white sooner, but couldn't guarantee this either. The sales person who was helping started talking about their MLK sale deals. I found another set, the date we could get this one was 2/5/21 and that was not a guaranteed date. We decided to get a refund and try somewhere else, however the refund is where it gets super fun.

This is where everything gets super fantastic. We had already paid off the Home Depot card and they froze the account because it isn't normal for people to make a big purchase and pay it off so quickly. I spoke with a manger and he said he would get me a cash refund due to all the issues we had. I was like great this is fantastic. The manager left and 10 minutes later came back and said he cannot give me the cash refund he said he would. It would all have to happen the way we purchased it. The manager also made a comment he would like to see the corporation just do away with appliance sells because his life would be easier if they didn't have to worry about them. This was not professional.

My husband was on the phone forever with the Home Depot card to get it unfrozen to accept the refund. Once he got through they said we have to call back in 2 days to see if the refund went through, but the account will be frozen until the refund pushes through. Once the refund is complete it will be 7-10 business days for us to get a check for the refund. They cannot electronically push the refund back to the bank that paid off the card.

The communication is lacking. While we were trying to work out options with the store the lady in the front let us know that there has been so many issues with appliances and people have been waiting 4+ months for their appliances to come into stock. Had we known this we would have shopped elsewhere or went with another manufacturer. The lady also said that the delivery/warehouse personnel are a 3rd party provider and they are hit and miss with the communication to the customers and there is nothing they can do about it. I would love to know why they are even selling items they know will not be in stock for 4+ months. Why they are doing business with 3rd party vendors that are known for lack of communicating with their customers? All of this reflects badly on them. They did nothing to make this purchase right.

I am out a washer and dryer, I have to wait a week to 2 weeks for a refund. All of this could have been okay had honest communication taken place. Once we get the refund we will be canceling the credit card. My husband is a contractor who has many times gone to Home Depot multiple times a day to assist his customers. Because there was nothing done to make this right he will be using Lowe's now for this daily construction needs.

My suggestions for the store to improve:
      1. Be honest with the customers. Let them know that the manufactures are being delayed and the purchases can take months to arrive.
      2. Do not have sales for items you do not have available to customers. Most of you customers will need the appliances soon otherwise they would not be shopping for appliances.
      3. Do not offer a solution you cannot follow through with.

4. Don't blame all the issues on other companies. The people you do business with will reflect positively or negatively on you. If you continue to get complaints do business with another company that can keep YOUR promises.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I purchased a shed from Home Depot. I had to wait nearly 2 months to get a shed built, then the installer did a extremely poor job. It leaks through the front door when it rains. There are several gaps along the floor and roof line and you can see daylight. The shed is out of level and square. You can tell this by looking at the corners. After 7 calls to corporate and 2 trips to the store, 1 call to my wife who told them to call me. No response, still waiting mean while paying on a storage.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Ordered 2 garage cabinets, 2 work benches. 2 cabinets came. No benches. HD confirmed that everything delivered. Called HD and told me to call shipper. Spent hour on phone with shipper who informed me they didn't have work bench order from HD. Called HD. Put on hold 30 min. so they could talk to shipper. Gave me case # and would be back to me in 72 hrs. No word after 5 days. Called again said they would look into it. 2 days later got call that benches would be delivered today. Came home from work to accept delivery. NO BENCHES. Called today & talked to Supervisor. Very rude and would not let me even finish my sentence. Said shipper would call. Spent over $4,000 at HD and very "POOR SERVICE".

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Always in and out. Ale's are labeled to explain what and where you need to be. There are different sections to view from. You have plumbing, flooring, paint, lawn, wood, concrete, so much more. Come see what you need.

Home Depot Company Information