1.41/5
Based on 305 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2233 Home Depot Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

Worst Experience EVER!!! I went into the Guilderland, NY store to purchase a refrigerator. The saleswoman pushed for a sale, when we were not certain of the measurements. We did decide to buy at that time, because we didn't want to make a return trip. She assured us if the measurements were not correct we could just call up and cancel the order. We asked to call her back, and she said, no we had to call the 1 800 number.

Of course the measurements were off!! I canceled my order within 2 hours. That was June 2nd!! I have yet to receive my refund! I have been on the phone 3 times, with 3 different representatives, on hold for 45 minutes on one call, with no resolution! They are claiming a glitch in the system! Finally today 1 girl has told me she is refunding my money (which will take 2-3 business days) however, the glitch has still not been fixed! I find this utterly amazing, and slightly unbelievable. If she had the authority to do this, then why didn't the other representatives do it? I will not be returning to that store for any major purchases in the future.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I purchased a utility trailer online from Home Depot on 5 29-2018 in that it was the exact size I needed. All the info depicts an assembled trailer. Nothing was said about assembly or what had to be done to obtain a title from the Chinese mfg. It was advertised as unreturnable. Upon receiving the trailer it was in a large box that has to be assembled. Nothing was said about assembly required. After assembling the trailer, the DMV said that Home Depot had to fill in the back of the title transferring ownership to me so I could get plates and title. Home Depot refused to sign the title and put the responsibility on me to get it inspected for highway use before I could get a title and plate. I consider HOME DEPOT as misadvertising the product and not telling all that is required to get a title after assembly.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Miserable experience trying to place a $3000+ order for delivery. I have ordered from Home Depot in the past & have been very pleased with their service, but when trying to place an order from their Richmond Hill Store, I ran into 2 problems: 1. They would not accept my order over the phone unless I used their Home Depot card. 2. Went into their store today to place the order, and she said I would have to go to the lumber area to obtain the SKU's for all the lumber I was ordering. I went but finally gave up when they closed the aisle off. Lousy customer service. I have now completed my order online with one of their competitors.

Original review: June 14, 2018

When asked to give feedback on a purchase made online, it was screened out even though I gave a positive star rating and stated would recommend the company, I stated product was damaged during delivery. My review was not allowed to be published. Leaves a terrible feeling about all their product reviews for me now, and I will never shop there again because of this.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have just endured three months of pure hell with Home Depot. No one should have to endure what I have gone through. In February my contractor contracted with Home Depot in Clarksville TN for the installation of carpet and linoleum flooring in my home. The carpet installation was perfect. Unfortunately the linoleum flooring was horrible in the kitchen. Once the two pieces of linoleum were seamed together in the kitchen, it was apparent that there were major color variations that were very noticeable. The installer even said that it was a horrible install and did not make us sign for the installation. We contacted Home Depot who stated that they would send someone out the next day to inspect our issue. One day of waiting for the inspection turned to two and then three, so I went to the local Home Depot who, after several discussions, agreed that there was a flaw and finally agreed to reorder the same pattern.

Weeks later, the installer arrived and reinstalled the kitchen linoleum and again stated that the pattern did not match up. I had to go to Home Depot again and talk to the store manager, Ms Brenda, the regional manager, Kelly **, and finally to the national installation manager, Penny **, who would not agree to my request to replace the linoleum throughout the house with a different pattern. This request was based my desire to have one pattern in the house, what I paid for, and the fact that the Clarksville Assistant Manager told me over the phone earlier that day that he would do so. Once in the store, he, and all of the managers over him said NO, that the house could have different patterns. After much discussion, the assistant manager blurted out "what is the problem, I told you that we would replace all". The store manager told Mr Brian to shut up, but I pointed out that that is what I wanted, so she finally agreed.

Mr Brian and I looked through all of the available linoleum patterns and agreed on a new pattern. A new date was established for several weeks later, and upon the arrival of the installer, he pointed out that the new pattern was of such poor quality that I would have to sign for the installation before he even started. I immediately pulled out a store sample pattern and the installer pointed out that the store sample was thick and resistant to wear and tear while the roll that arrived was paper thin. He stated that he had not seen that type of linoleum in over seven years. The installer and I returned to Home Depot again to point out the quality of the roll that was delivered. Mr Brian stated that the company must have pulled out and shipped a very old and outdated roll. We retrieved another roll in the store and two days later the project was finished; three months of pain and eight days of my vacation time wasted.

I spoke to Home Depot customer service who said they would consider reimbursing me for my efforts and pain, and lost a vacation time as a result of their errors, and to this date I have heard nothing from them. In my discussions with Mrs ** on multiple occasions I was essentially told to "suck it up buttercup". I have never experience such POOR customer service in all of my life. During master's program, the courses highlighted how one good outcome could result in 30+ good future opportunities while one bad experience could be echoed 300 times and hurt future business. It will be interesting to hear from Home Depot, before I start spreading my bad experience to thousands. That's just how frustrated I am with this experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: June 12, 2018

NEVER BUY ANY APPLIANCE FROM HERE. Worst delivery and installation service ever. They made me too angry almost crying. I purchase set of clothes washer and dryer at Home Depot turned out to be the worst decision I made for many years. I spent 1 month to get this scheduled for delivery and installation and now I'm still waiting for it to be scheduled for installation (hopefully).

1st attempt: worker said I need to buy an adaptor for my oval vent and left machines (this turned out to be how I cannot return it). 2nd attempt: worker said adaptor won't work, I need to buy a flexible hose. 3rd attempt, Home Depot told me it was scheduled, delivery service told me it wasn't, I found out by waiting half day in the house and spent 1 hour calling them. 4th attempt, worker told me I need to remove the drainer pan and I need to remove the door. 5th attempt Home Depot told me it was scheduled, delivery service told me it wasn't, now I knew this, I found out the day before.

6th attempt, driver came 1 hour early than the time window and refuse to answer my call. 7th attempt Home Depot told me it was scheduled, delivery service told me it wasn't, now I knew this, I found out the day before. Now I so FRUSTRATED to be told that I need to reschedule it again (probably again)??? Can they just told me all issues all at once and told me if I'm keeping the machines, I only have 48 hours to return them? NO, they just want you to be sad, I'm literally crying. : (

Original review: June 12, 2018

I absolutely loved the salesman, he did a great job. After that all went to pot. I purchased a dishwasher from the Auburn Indiana store. And the management team is a bumbling group of morons. Rude, totally nonprofessional and no common sense or care for a customer. On delivery day, I still had not received a call confirming delivery. So I called the store, due to the ridiculous policy of listing to over nine min. of commercials on the delivery “hotline”. I asked the store for assistance, the assistant manager told me he’d look into it and “call me right back”. Two hours later, I call back and he went to lunch...he went to lunch without calling me back. I was put on the line with another extremely unqualified person, after her treating me like dirt, I asked her title, she was a “purchaser”.

After jumping through hoops and being told I was all wrong about everything...it was stated that my delivery would arrive by 6:45 pm. Then the delivery occurred...two thugs whom smelled like ** came in angry because they weren’t told about some “special” tubing needed for install. Told me it would be best if I found someone to just hook it up, and he’d be glad to leave it in the garage. When I refused his offer he left with my dishwasher. Here goes more horrible customer service. I called customer service and spare two hours and twenty min. on and off hold with the most condescending women I’ve ever encountered. She was so nasty and rude, laughing at my frustration at one point. Anyway, I returned my product and bought from Lowe's, everything was great with that company and recommended you all use them instead.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I purchased a freezer through Home Depot a couple of weeks ago. It was supposed to be delivered on the following Saturday, but it did not arrive on that day. Home Depot never contacted me. I called Home Depot several times, I was told a manager would call me back which never happened. I called again, requested to talk to a manager and was able to talk to an assistant manager/supervisor. He promised me that he will follow up on it and compensate for my loss of food. He promised that he would call me back after finding out what is going on.

I did not get any follow up calls. Finally the freezer was delivered on the following Thursday. I noticed it had only two shelves instead of three. I called Home Depot again, I was transferred from department to department including the lumber department, put on hold many times, listened several very loud music recordings, finally I got one of the associate manager after more than 45 minutes on the phone. She said she would look into it. Later on Home Depot called and said the shelves would arrive in 7 days. I am still waiting for it. Very bad experience, very poor customer service. Don't want to shop at Home Depot in the future. Lowe’s would be my choice for shopping, where I have gotten superb customer service in the past.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I bought a water heater with 12 year warranty. Salesman recommend I get the in house extended warranty because they most always go before 12 years. Figuring I'll be in 70s in 12 years not want to lift it I bought it... 4 years later water heater went. Spend 4 hours on phone 2 days trying get repaired. 3rd day they send a rep from water heater company who I was lead to believe would replace or repair. All he did was look at it. Say "Yes needs be replaced. You in system now. Can get new one." Says, "You need go Home Depot for replacement. My job just to confirm it."

So I back on phone with Home Depot. They transfer me to people in charge of warranty. They tell me I need get a invoice from the rep that was just here. And then need new fax to them then hire my own plumber. Get price okayed then they will reimburse me money up to 410$$. It already been 3 days with broke water heater? I just going to Home Depot, buy one and put in myself. Waste $75 on their warranty! I will bring back old one. They will give me what I paid for it. I have to pay diff what cost for new one. What a nightmare. Been trying to get the service I paid for... The time I spent on phone could of replaced it 4 times!!!! What a big pain in ass they are!!! Save your money or lest learn all the rules first.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I'm leaving one star only because I had to. The first delivery attempt , the delivery truck arrived 90 minutes early, waited 10 minutes then left when no one was there to accept delivery... go figure! They rescheduled for the following Monday but didn't show or call. After several phone calls where I was talked to very rudely and disconnected many times, delivery wad rescheduled for Wednesday. Today, Wednesday, as I sat here waiting for delivery, GE appliance delivery called once again to confirm home delivery for tomorrow morning from 9:30-1:30. Tomorrow morning I am also scheduled to have my first radiation treatment for throat cancer... how convenient! What a pleasant experience to take into treatment with me. Home Depot doesn't care. They don't even read their reviews! I will never again fall for their fraudulent advertising!

The delivery companies they contract out to are unprofessional and incompetent to say the least. GE Appliance Delivery is no better. No-one guarantees customer satisfaction anymore especially Home Depot! They don't even provide decent customer service!! Funny, I've never had this problem with Lowe's which is where I will be making all my major appliance purchases from now on.

Original review: June 6, 2018

They say they honor all veterans with a 10% discount, well you have to dig deep into the policy to find out it is in stores only not at HomeDepot.com. The store only stock the bare minimum. The store manager got upset with me when I ask him if the "online" store was located in China because I can't figure out why I'm thanked for my service in the store but forgotten at the dot com. Angry Veteran.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I purchased a chair on 5/31 said it would be delivered on 6/4 then on 6/4 said 6/6. Now it's late? And no date to be delivered? Cabinet order - They sent a text that it was at the store. Went to pick it up they couldn't find it? What do you do now? Appliances to be delivered on 5/31. Now they don't know when they will be delivered? This place is a mess. Done, I'll be going to Lowe's from now on.

Original review: June 5, 2018

“Extraordinary service is essential to Home Depot”... Because - and I hate to break it to ya, but - if it’s essential to your success, you’re in BIG trouble! 5/4/18 we ordered 8 tubes adhesive. For the few weeks we’ve made repeated contacts to HD in an effort to ascertain where the shipment is since it was to be delivered May 16 (per HD site). The CSRs were consistently unable to give us any info and just kept saying we should call back. I continued to call back. On June 2 HD send a notice that the product had been shipped. Tracking indicated it would arrive no later than 8 pm Monday. No delivery. I checked HD site and it indicated the item was shipped and still says it will be delivered MAY 16. Really? Aw, come ON... Today’s date is June 5. Really. Check your calendar. I’m not kidding.

So today, on 6/5, I check and now tracking indicates a label has been created but UPS doesn’t yet have merchandise. I contacted HD thru their text system as well as via phone. The text CSR said she attempted to contact the company but couldn’t reach anyone so I should recontact HD’s CS later to try again. I indicated that wasn’t acceptable and could she continue to try contacting them and then let me know when she received the info. She terminated the connection. I guess that’s one way to resolve the customer’s problem. Click. Customer gone. Nooo problem. Why do I have to keep calling back to trigger the rep to contact the company? The reps have received numerous calls from me and can never resolve the issue. This is a vicious circle and incredibly inefficient and time consuming for all! If the rep followed up she wouldn’t be making any extra calls to the vendor, and would only have one return contact to me.

I digress. Next I PHONED CS. I spoke with ‘Mark’ who tells me it sounds like the shipment is lost or stolen. Huh? I explain the facts again. He transfers me to Margaret (or Morgan, he called her by both names). I re explain everything again. She gives me the same ‘vendors not answering’ and I should call back later. I said not acceptable, couldn’t she get the answer and return my call. No. Is there a way to expedite. She says ‘Well, I could refer it to resolution team’. Gee, there’s a thought - shouldn’t that have been done sometime between, say, May 16 and now? I ask how long that will take. 4 days. (Hmm. Not my idea of ‘expedite’, Ted.) I ask for other options. She says cancel and reorder. I say but this whole dilemma might get repeated.

By now rep is getting snotty so I ask to speak to super. Her response is ‘she can’t do anything and she’s just going to tell you the same thing’. I again ask to ‘please speak with your supervisor’. I’m already 35 minutes into the call. Ten minutes later ‘Jacinca’ answers the phone. I ask her to spell her name and then, once again, repeat the facts. She says she’ll call me back today with an answer.

She calls about 2 hrs later and says she can’t get a response but she can cancel the order and offers me a $50 store cr. to get a different adhesive. Told her I’d call her back after ‘checking with the guys’. Called her back at 800-910-6704 ext ** (I had repeated the number to her to confirm) and lo and behold - that ext is the employment app line. Called CS line AGAIN. Spoke with Suzanne who canceled the order for me, but upon checking with Sean, her super, discovers they do not have ability to issue store cr and they don’t know why that was even offered. She said to contact the store. I said, "Why would the store take my word that I was to receive a credit?" Also the store has nothing to do with HD.com!

Final kick? There is no Jacinca. My guess is Margaret/Morgan just put another CSR on the line to get rid of me. HD undoubtedly has the most time consuming, ineffective and inefficient Customer Service process I have ever encountered! Menards and Lowe’s will get my company’s business from here on out. So, Ted... about that ‘extraordinary’...

Original review: June 5, 2018

I purchased a dishwasher to replace the old unit. I paid for the installation kit and the $79 installation service. But the crew showed up with the dishwasher, but refused to install saying it was not within their scope of service. Called Home Depot, but was told that I should have read the fine print when I ordered online. I went back to the product and order pages, but failed to find the "fine print" that specifies the installation exclusions. So not only it breached the contract, but lied to me to get away. I guess lesson learned.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I would like to comment on the extraordinary help that I received on an order recently placed with Home Depot online. It involved 2 sets of closet doors and an unfortunate set of circumstances that resulted in their late shipment and ultimately receiving one damaged set of doors. Home Depot’s Corporate customer service was absolutely incredible in making the extra effort to see that this problem was rectified and maintained complete communications on the status of reshipment and their contact with the supplier and the shipping company. It was really appreciated and I wanted to comment on it. It is great to deal with people who care!

Original review: June 2, 2018

I placed a $5,000 order for Anderson Doors & Windows. The store said to have items shipped to them so they could inspect to be sure the order was right. The process took an extra week, but I thought that might be helpful. It wasn't. Not only was the order wrong, they didn't even deliver all the parts. Several of the parts were incorrect (keyed doors ordered; keyless received), but most frustrating is the fact they tried to blame the too-small doors & window on my installer because he approved the dimensions. What they showed as a door size in a diagram is actually the jamb size. This was the worse door/window replacement experience of my life. Never again!

Original review: May 30, 2018

We rented a pressure washer from Home Depot. We could not get it to work and took it back. They refused to give me a refund and they have a free tank of gas to boot. They did not even show us how to use it. When we told them it did not work, they quoted a policy of calling first. No one told us that policy.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I ordered 5 sheets of plastic paneling and some metal angles for a building project online. The order came to over $130 dollars. All over the website it touted free shipping on orders over $45. The plastic panels couldn't be shipped, so I had to pick up in-store, but it didn't seem to affect the free shipping, as I was completing the checkout, it still showed the shipping amount deducted from the invoice, so I completed the order. Once I got the online receipt, the free shipping had magically disappeared.

I tried calling the number given on the webpage only to spend 15 minutes trying to figure out how to talk to a human, which proved to be impossible. When I went into the store, I had the service desk person call for me, and she was told that because the panels were not shipped, I didn't qualify for free shipping. I showed her my printout of the order page showing the free shipping and final amount, but that made no difference. I'm done with retail stores and their crap. It's Amazon for me from now on.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Looked for an item online, first store had 7 available, second store had 86 available. Went to store that was close to me, staff not very helpful at all, said they have no idea where to find item. Drove 30 min to another store. Was told by a lady in garden who worked there 17 years they don't carry that brand, even though it shows online and has 86 available. She said Lowe's has it, which they did not. Went home another 30 min drive, looked online and ordered it, immediately showed it was available at store and ready for pick up, so basically I wasted a trip, and was lied to by staff because they were too lazy to help find the item. Had to drive back again next day to pick up order that was already at store when I went the first time.

Original review: May 28, 2018

My wife and I always shop at Lowe's because it's very easy to get our Veteran's Discount and every bit helps. So I walked into Home Depot and saw a man standing just inside the entrance next to an A/C unit, we began talking and because H.D. was offering a free at home A/C inspection and could have someone at my house today. The repair guy showed up and later the New A/C unit sales man showed up.

After it was all said and done we where very happy with what was offered, and was told that H.D. now offers a Veteran's Discount. We had a New Refrigerator on order at Lowe's... So we started thing that maybe we would cancel the Lowe's order since we paid them but it was going to take a month before receiving the unit. I grabbed copies of my DD-214 and Honorable Discharge and we went to H.D. Customer Service Counter, but upon asking about the Veteran's Discount we where told that they needed my Veteran's Administration photo I.D. card. I told her that I don't want a V.A. Card or any of their services and was told that she could offer me a discount for today only because it's Memorial Day, but they won't honor my Military documentation after today unless I get a V.A. Card!

We sense they wont honor me year round like Lowe's does. I won't buy our A/C unit and Refrigerator or anything else from H.D., What they don't know is that I work for a local Small Engine Repair shop and have customers ask me all the time where I recommend buying New Lawn equipment at? Guess where I send them? To the store that Honors Veteran's that choose not to have a V.A. card... (LOWE'S!!!)

Original review: May 27, 2018

Bad week for Home Depot. First over three weeks ago we ordered 2 kitchen counters. 3 days later we get a call that they lost the measurements. I went back and provided the information again. Now 3 weeks later we check in with Home Depot on when we can expect our order. The guy in kitchen design checks the order and says it was sent in earlier that day. CANCEL the order. Today we bought several garden items and get home and find they didn't put the items in the bag (on the receipt paid for). Enough is enough. They don't care. Screw the customers.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Trying to check out at Home Depot tonight. Couldn't use the self check out as they do not take cash. Two girls just standing there, while there was one (1) checkout lane open with 5 people waiting in line. Also, we watched another cashier walk past us to go outside to chat and walk with a fellow employee taking something to a customer's car. She was not helping, just wanted to chat with the guy. Would it have been to much trouble for one of the cashier's at the self checkout to have another lane open to expedite the line a little quicker. Very poor customer service!!!

Original review: May 25, 2018

November 24 2017. Consultant from Home Depot visits home with up/down roller blinds. HD offering a 25% off saving on blinds. Blinds are installed in December. I am not satisfied with the colour. The blinds have a yellowing shade and I explain immediately that I don't like them. I was not warned of this effect. They look old and dirty. Consultant doesn't return my call. I'm abandoned. The head of the department is not cooperative. Finally I reach the director James **. He argues with me. Insults my knowledge of fabric. The bali rep is sent to my house with the lead of of local Home Depot. Bali rep agrees that the blinds need to be removed. Unhappy with the service I ask for my money back.

Weeks and Months go by. I've been waiting since December for resolve. Blind were finally removed by another company Budget Blinds who I have since purchased all new blinds. Now at May 25th 2018, the original Home Depot blinds are still in my driveway waiting for pick up. 6 months!!! Home Depot will not refund my money until they physically receive the original blinds. We have told them that the blinds were ready for pick up since May 17th. NO ONE has come to pick up and Home Depot has not refunded my money. OVER $2000.00 is owing to us. James ** is not cooperating and is not answering our emails or our phone calls.

He is very difficult and has little experience with customer service. Argumentative and rude. Very rude person. No other blind specialist is like this. Every other company backs their product 100% and if customer is not happy, they will remove and refund. James ** and Home Depot team are not well experienced and are not customer service oriented. I would not recommend any one consider using Home Depot for window coverings or service. Stay away and be very careful. If the director of the company is difficult I can only see how poorly trained the rest of the team is.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I bought a shower surround, it was someones return because when my plumber opened it there was filthy hand prints, cut marks where someone tried to fit it to their bathroom & 3 cracks. I also had to hire a truck 3 times & the plumber to keep coming back because no store sold the tub & surround, I was promised a new surround would be waiting for me & the manager knew nothing about this when I went to pick it up.

I complained & was told I could have $100 credit in the store so I went to get a refrigerator & after I picked it out the manager told me I couldn't have the $100 off because it was on sale & I needed to buy a more expensive one not on sale. Nowhere in the email I received to go get $100 off in the store did it state I couldn't buy a sale item which was a $458.00. I told the manager that refused to give me the refrigerator that's not said in the email & I would again contact Home Depot, he said go ahead, that guy used to work here & I know him, so what he was saying was his friend would stick by what he says, not by what's right.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Six weeks ago, my dishwasher died. I did some research and found the one I wanted to replace it with at Home Depot. I ordered over the Major Appliance Hotline via phone. Delivery was free and I paid an extra $99 to have it installed. The soonest they could set up delivery was 5 weeks later, 5/25/18. Today I got the call from a subcontractor delivery company setting up the delivery for tomorrow, and the rep wanted to make sure I was aware of the "two-stage process." "No, what's that all about?" "Well, we only deliver it and then another company comes to install it." "Okay, same day, right?" "We don't know, you'll have to call HD to find out." "Okay, what's the name and phone number of the company and who installs it?" "At Your Service is the name but we don't give contact information until the D/W is delivered." WHAAAAT?

So if I wanted to call them to try to coordinate the install for the same day as the delivery, so I don't have to take another day off work, I'm outta luck? I waited 20 minutes on hold waiting to speak with a supervisor before I finally just hung up. So my next effort was to call the HD Appliance Hotline where I placed the original order. Another 30 minutes getting repeatedly put on hold and I finally got a supervisor. I told her that I ordered the unit, delivery was free, and I paid extra for the install but nobody told me anything about this two-stage process. I reasonably understood the deal was it would be delivered and installed by whoever is delivering it.

The supervisor explained that "certain state laws" require a licensed plumber to install the units. No explanation why nobody mentioned this policy when I ordered it. I was so annoyed. By this point I started talking about getting a refund and going to Lowe's or somewhere else. She told me that they would all have the same policy because it's state law in MD. I told her to cancel my order and I'll take my chances elsewhere. I also told her I would never again buy anything more expensive than a hammer from HD. Just now.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Remodel of kitchen and bathrooms - Horrible experience from the start. Cost 3 times what I planned and was left in a mess of sloppy workmanship and job unfinished. I had to hire outside of Home Depot to finish the poor work that was left behind. Walls, baseboards, doors, appliances, cabinets, and floors damaged by workers, Flooded toilets not set correctly, cracked tub, No finish work completed. NIGHTMARE!!!

Original review: May 22, 2018

I received a notice of special financing with no interest if paid in full within 18 months. Minimum purchase is $499.00. My credit limit is $500.00! In all the years I have had a Home Depot card, it has never changed... Duh!

Original review: May 20, 2018

Ordered a built in BBQ from Home Depot and I want to warn others when ordering heavy items through their website. This item was shipped May 14 and made it to Denver on May 17. Home Depot charged my credit card May 15 and I was supposed to receive the product by May 18. I called HD on May 19 and they could not give me any information about where my product is or when it will be delivered. This is an unethical and fraudulent way of doing business and I refuse to order anything from this company again. The poor customer service and lack of accountability for the delivery of my product should be a warning to others. Please be warned HD will not stand behind the companies they contract with for delivery and you are on your own when it comes to the delivery of products purchased through HD. Buyer beware!

Original review: May 18, 2018

My husband I are new homeowners to the Temple Hills area has who visited the Home Depot location 6003 Oxon Hill Road, Oxon Hill MD 20745 on several occasion. On one occasion we're in search of screws to replace in our bar stools in our new home. Not knowing where to look we searched for some assistance to locate the needed screws. We met up with a young man, so we ask for his help…we found out through conversation that this was his section to work, but then found out that he had no idea how to help us. Turn to ask a question and he was gone.

In turn we went to customer service for more assistance; no one ever came for assistance. My husband and had to try to find screws to fit on our own which was very difficult. Customer service called for someone, but no one ever came to assists us again…frustration. Every time we visit this location there never enough help, or if you happen to find someone after walking through entire store. You end up finding either someone who has no idea of the section or they just have no idea what you’re talking or looking for, or where to find it. You are always sent you to a location that has nothing to do with what you are search of. You may even have a picture to show and still they have no idea.

Well today was a day that struck a nerve, again my husband and I visited this same location again, why!!! After the last visited I have no idea. We were in search an extended drain pipe for our outside drain for the water. I found an associate name ** and ask for the location, he in turn told to “Go straight on aisle 18 and make a left look." At the bottom of the shelves we would find the drain extension, so my husband took the directions and went in search of the product. After reaching the location, we could not find the product. Went to approach the associate and I ask could he take to find the product, he ask his coworker to help us. His coworker gave us the same direction but a little different, again I ask could he take to the product and he pointed straight ahead.

By this time I am furious!!! I ask my husband to wait there in the middle of the aisle, and I went to customer service to ask to speak to a manager and the corporate office number to contact someone regarding the unprofessional service with the store associates at this location. Then I met Mrs. ** at one of the checkouts, asking her about how to file a complaint. She in turn ask me what my needs were, I explained to her the whole matter. She took me and showed me the location of the drain extension for the outside location.

At the same time she was talking the store manager, explaining the unprofessional service at his location. Reach the location of the product with the help of Mrs. **. There I saw a young man by the name of who Mrs. ** stated that ** was the supervisor for this particular location, but he didn’t say a word. Mrs. ** was trying to explain to ** what had accrued, but act as if he wanted to hear it. I do believe that I will never shop, visit, or suggest anyone to shop at Home Depot. PS: A very, very, very unhappy customer, we look for another store for our new homeowner products.

Original review: May 16, 2018

My most recent issue was one of purchasing a brand new top of the line washer and dryer. When the delivery company came they refused to install the dryer as they claimed the gas hook up was not to standard. They wanted to leave my appliances in the hall on the second story, blocking access to two bedrooms. I could not let them leave the appliances as I could not install or move the appliances and my critically ill husband could not either. The purchase was made on 11/3/2017. After multiple contacts with the store and having to re-order different appliances, have an electrician install for electrical connection, my appliances were finally delivered on 12/16.

When the new crew arrived they asked about the current gas connection. I told them the issue and they stated that there was nothing wrong with my connection, the original crew had lied. Home Depot has been contacted on multiple occasions to make the situation right and their "Customer Care" division has yet to respond, not even once after 3 contacts. The store even passed me to their delivery company to handle the situation to which a very rude Nia at Spirit Delivery told me there was nothing she could do AND nothing she would do about the problem. I am about to endeavour on multiple renovations on my home and have plans for another home within a couple years. I will not ever purchase from Home Depot. This situation was the last straw and I'll not contribute to one cent of their bottom line.

Home Depot Company Information