Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2752 Home Depot Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

We bought a 9 x 48 porcelain flooring tile for our daughter's condo in downtown Phoenix from Zack at store #472 N Scottsdale. Cameron also helped with the order. Both were very professionally and went the extra mile to help us. As fate would have it we fell in love with a tile that was being discontinued. Half of the order had to be transferred from store #468 Thunderbird and Anthony from that store really went the extra mile to help us too. The delivery and order got a little mixed up as to who would be delivering it. Not to worry, Zack and Cameron rose to the occasion and personally picked up the tile from Thunderbird and delivered the tile to Downtown Phoenix in 114 degree weather and unloaded the heavy items themselves. That is SERVICE EXTRAORDINARY.!! We appreciate both of you more than words can express. THANK YOU ZACK AND CAMERON FROM HOME DEPOT #472 N SCOTTSDALE!!! Terri and Carlos

Original review: May 23, 2019

Home Depot re-laid my new carpet installation. I was not happy with the first person who did the installation. Home Depot inspected the install, and also found things that were not up to par on their end as well. A new date was assigned to me, and the carpet was re-installed with new carpet. Everything was pulled up, including the padding, and new padding, and carpet was installed. I can say Home Depot stepped up to the plate, took the bull by the horns and ran with it. I happy with this install, happy with the customer service I received from the manager and customer service young man in the carpet department at the East Windsor store. Would I recommend this store for others, YES. Thank you Home Depot for a install well done.

Home Depot stepped up to the plate to make my project work, with no hassles. No hassles. I was treated with respect, and my concerns were taken seriously by an assistant GM. I wasn't referred to any lower level folks except to facilitate progress. I was contacted every time I was promised, with helpful results. Not at any time was a "no" involved. THANK YOU HOME DEPOT!

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Oct. 25, 2018

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I ordered a full set of Thomasville kitchen cabinets from Home Depot. They went into production on time, and were delivered as promised. We had the kitchen measured 2 times prior to payment, and one time after that resulted in a 3 inch change. Something in the plans got mixed up or skewed, my island at almost 11 feet long was short 3/4" for an 24" appliance bay. Crown molding was also incorrect. In one trip to the store, I was able to start a professional and courteous path to my project's success, which cost HD $2,200 out of pocket. It took a week for manager approval, but the materials were ordered and delivered as promised. The outcome is amicable despite a 3 week delay in construction, and I would recommend using this service despite this issue.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

After reading some of the reviews they almost appear to be vindictive. I never really write reviews, however after reading some of these, I feel it is necessary to relate my experiences. On 14 October I went looking for a 4 door french Samsung fridge. I checked out everyone all day long and when checking out Home Depot I was advised that not only was their price the lowest, they would guarantee lowest price plus 10% cheaper. I found the fridge I wanted at Lowe's for 3698 but it was damaged back and front and although listed at 3600 I was able to talk them down to 3000 delivered, however that was a damaged unit. Then Rona had a buy 2 of same brand and save the taxes which is basically a 12% discount.

I then went back with their offer to the very nice lady at Home Depot, she confirmed my paperwork and applied the discount to the fridge plus the additional 10% and free shipping. It was a very smooth transaction, no arguing or fine print just matching the lowest price I found plus an additional 10% off. I was given a choice of delivery dates which were confirmed 3 times by text/phone call and even received a phone call from them confirming my measurements for the larger than normal fridge would fit.

On the confirmed delivery date I received a call 15 minutes ahead of truck arrival and they arrived with my fridge boxed 15 minutes later as promised. The fridge was boxed upon arrival and was unboxed in my presence, the truck remained on the street so not to mark up my custom tinted driveway and they carefully carried the fridge of 175 kg (380 pounds) by straps into my house.

Never have I had a better purchase and delivery service then what I received from Home Depot. The fridge I purchased was $4242.41 delivered along with a cheap dishwasher for my guest suite. All in all I saved $945 compared to other brand stores including Costco I might mention. Both my wife and I were so impressed with the sale and exceptional service that we went looking for a new wall oven and found one at Leon's on sale for $99 cheaper than Home Depot. Needless to say back to Home Depot, with different sales associate and a savings of $445 with oven to be delivered on this coming Friday.

Like I said previously I do not write reviews, however after over 32 years in Law Enforcement I see how people twist and turn things around to benefit their side, including threats of listing a poor review. I was not asked to write this review, however after reading some of these reviews they really appear to be self-serving, if you read between the lines. So be a proper investigator, judge for yourself and see what Home Depot offers in regards to their price match policy and service. I saved on all three items or both orders the sum of $1,390 and if you consider that I would have paid 12% on top of that for tax it comes to over $1,550. This is now my first review and probably my last, I only wrote it because of all the negative reviews which you do not have to be an experienced trained investigator to see the real reason they are posted.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Sept 5 we purchased over $6,000 in appliances at the Home Depot Store, Langley BC. Our sales associate was incredibly knowledgeable, courteous and patient. As we rang in the sale we presented a lower price on a range we saw, she took the time to investigate it through the internet and her supervisor. They gave us the range at the same price PLUS beat it by 10%. She had to open a Home Depot account for us in order for us to save another 10% overall. She explained and encouraged us to purchase warranties and for US it made sense. She did all this even when she was about to walk out the door, she stayed and completed our order. She was so wonderful, Home Depot has won my business! Her name was Carmen and she deserves to be acknowledged and I just wanted to say thank you to her and Connor who rang through the sale for a job well done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

We paid our bill on time. We should expect delivery to be on time by the 4 corners of the contract agreed upon at signing but Home Depot for some reason doesn't understand that or just doesn't care????

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I was having some trouble getting an order placed online and elected to "Live Chat" with a representative. Alise **, the customer service rep I worked with today, was top notch and the support was above anything I've received from anywhere else recently. Good customer service is a dying art form, but I am happy that the staff at the Home Depot have not lost this skill.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I own a Gardening Business in Long Island, NY. I sent a very expensive self propelled mower into repairs and rental at the Coram Location. Me and the gentlemen at repairs figured out, quickly and at first the problem. "It's likely the Carburetor and it should take a week." He says and I totally agreed. A week to date later! I call the department and they say, "No one's even looked at it, repair guy is on vacation!" I respond, "Aren't you guys supposed to notify me about something like that? I could have already fixed it myself, or had it fixed anywhere else. I already paid. I have the Receipt and Repair Invoice!" No word on my mower. In fact the associate on the phone was beginning to get defensive totally, and decided to just hang up on me, while still in possession of my broken ignore lawnmower, almost certainly broken now. It just needed a new carburetor! So not only do I call Corporate I don't feel like my stuff is safe with them any longer.

The Assistant Manager quickly follows up too, with no plan, nor apparent knowledge on how to fix, or handle the situation in any capacity. He says the same thing as the Repair guy, only more politely. Basically No One knows anything. "Monday they can look at it", he says. I need this b Lawnmower to make money, it is a part of my business. IT BOTH COST AND LOST ME BOTH TIME AND MONEY DOING BUSINESS WITH HOME DEPOT. So I talked to an Associate, Assistant Manager, and Corporate Twice!!! And NOTHING IS RESOLVED!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

On July 31, ordered a kitchen sink. August 8th I received a yellow chair. It was a school desk type chair. Surprise, I call local Home Depot, which directed me to customer service, which transfer me to order department. I glad I got direct phone number as they hung up on me (before we even talked). Finally after several minutes, I talked to Rhonda. Rhonda was able to call UPS and have them pick up the chair. She did say that it was UPS error???? Right. It was addressed to me with my address. Nevertheless, She did credit my credit card for the entire price, and put in a reorder.

Then I had to paid for the order of the sink again, which I had order first, Hopefully same sink model. Now here is the disturbing part. My credit takes 3-5 days, but they got their money last night, Not my fault they cannot tell the different from a school chair (approx 18"x18" sq. size) and a double wide kitchen sink (approx. 25"x36"x10"). Really???? Is that fair. I am out $** for 3-5 days.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Had a roof installed leaking. They said it was not from their job. Had a floor installed coming apart, they said it wasn't their fault. Do not have any work done. Worst customer service! They do not care about the customer.

Home Depot Company Information