1.22/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 16, 2017

2051 Home Depot Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

CAUTION! I purchased flooring from Home Depot and of course they had to do the measurements and the install. The guy that did the install was great. No problems. The problem is I was told I could return anything unused. There were 8 boxes of flooring left over! 8! On a small master bedroom. So of course I figured well I'll just return the extra and I did. However what they don't tell you is they are going to charge you 15% restocking fee! So the measure and you have 8 boxes left over and get charged to return their screwup. I called the main office who said, "We'll have the manager call you, Craig, and fix this." Never got a call so I called there 5 times and of course he never returned my calls. Folks stay the hell away! This is a scam scam scam! 8 boxes. Are you kidding me. I'll never shop there again. NEVER. And I've received 7 different emails on him calling. YET ANOTHER BUSINESS THAT CAN'T THEIR JOB.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Home ** Orange Depot - Unbelievable experience recently - accused it was my bank 's card issues which it is actually the Home Depot's online/ staff issues. They keeps on beating around the bush, did not honor the agreement prices; and said guarantee it will go through this time to shipping my items - every time, 6th time they canceled my order auto by their system - then on their knees being extreme apologize, that they value me as their customers. Good Business would not point their fingers at the creditors when creditors was on 3 way phone line communication to confirm it/everything not once but TWICE - wasted few days of my time past 1 week and half.

I had ordered DeWalt combo driller for just $99 plus the insurance plus the 30 pieces for it - received it at no problem, then they said my 2nd/3rd order was a huge issues with the information to be verify? Yeah right; if first order went through no problem and was billed to my creditor; same credit card info, same address, everything just the SAME - being lied to, played games with, wasted our customer's time... Telling ME to go BUY A GIFT CARD then use it to try to get order to go through? WOW. NO heck way that I WOULD EVER buy gift card, deal with blunt honest info - my credit card period! I will NEVER EVER do business with Home Depot again EVER - wasted nearly 1 week and half of my time; stress increase, anger increase, frustration increased - good for my health? NO! Business should be solutions, not problems ongoing.

I am going to return that 2 DeWalt drill combo and demand refund; then bring that money over to Lowe's nor ACE hardware stores who are undervalue that are deserving with decent customers that they rightfully deserves. Home Depot DOES NOT deserves our business if they keeps on treating their customers like this. Canceled my order 6 times and point their nasty orange fingers at my creditor company which my creditor has no problem getting my food/needs/shops other places no problem; Home Depot the only one that has issues. They had opened a specifically case for me; assigned me to specialist - then when I called to try to resolve this issues, for the SIXTH 6th times (6 confirmation orders here: I can list it if you want to know the proof)... after requesting my specialist - they refuse EVEN EVER let me talk with that specialist and said they can help, made it only them able to help. It's totally B.S.

If they can't solve problem, own it up, honor what their agreement with the customers, keeping their fingers clean before point it at another side - then I have NO ZERO BUSINESS to be in their business to do business with them. I take my precious time/business elsewhere who deserves my money. Home Depot isn't the one. Sad. When I buy my own land - I will make SURE NOTHING EVER comes out of you/your company Home crap orange Depot. Sorry but NOT SORRY! Hello Lowe's, Hello ACE - thanks for being really good to me, that I will from now on coming back to you guys for the rest of stuff I needed as you deserves well loyalty customer. Goodbye Home Depot, you fit in landfill garbage.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

As new residents in the state of Washington we knew no contractors and therefore chose the one stop, choose all at the Home Depot interior kitchen remodel department. Eventually ‘Chris’, the northern Washington sales manager arrived at our home with many samples from which we chose about $30,000 worth of product and labor for the completed project. We signed the contract then and there not knowing that interest begin to accumulate immediately. Fine print for sure. Chris told us that our only responsibility would be to remove the contents of the cabinets so the work could be performed and that we would have to do nothing else whatsoever.

The time for measurements came and two different people responded to the home and took precise measurements including computer measurements and then we were told that one of our choices called a waterfall would not fit based on the structure of the floor and the wood trim and that it would have to be deleted from the project but that we could replace it with a fake cabinet.

On cabinet installation day the contractor did not arrive. I called Chris and the project coordinator. I emailed them multiple times and received no answer. I left voice messages multiple times and still got no answer or response. Late in the afternoon the contractor called me himself and told me that he was sorry but he had no idea that we were so far away from his location and that he would begin the project the following day. He was a nice guy but they did not send him enough materials nor did they send him the proper materials to install everything finished as promised. On this day for the first time I was able to speak to Julie installation coordinator. She was surprised to find that our backsplash had not arrived with the contractor and upon research determined that they had sent the wrong backsplash from Southern California. It would take days to receive the new order.

For the entire summer and now for the installation I had to make my schedule around Home Depot. I could not wait the few days for the backsplash to be delivered and simply asked that we postpone that installation for a later date that we scheduled then. Before I returned to Washington from California I called Julie with the intention to determine if the backsplash had arrived and if we were on target for the scheduled appointment. I received no response to my emails or phone calls and I again called Chris the super salesman with the same results. Lacking any information from Home Depot that was pertinent to our project and that would require my trouble I came anyway. I then contacted the Home Depot store in the geographical area where all of these managers were located and explained my situation, my current location and my lack of information.

A wonderful lady made my issues a project and was able to tell me that I was scheduled for installation on the following day and that my materials had arrived. At the scheduled time the contractor did not arrive. As usual I called and wrote but nobody responded. Late in the afternoon there was a knock at my front door and I found here a very nice man who was the backsplash installation contractor who had called the wrong number to say that he was going to be late as he did not know that our project was so far away from his location. He worked on his project until 11:45 PM that night. He did not reinstall the cover plates for the electrical outlets and asked me if I could do it and after saying yes I was informed that the screws would have to be cut and shortened because there's insufficient room behind the outlet because of the backsplash.

Today the kitchen is not complete. There were insufficient materials supplied to the cabinet contractor to finish his portion of the job. Several pieces of wood trim have not been replaced or repaired and the supports for one of the countertops were not supplied by Home Depot. I purchased them my self above my contract price and they have been installed but not painted to match anything.

We ordered a Lazy Susan for one of the cabinets to replace an inoperable one. That has yet to arrive as well. I am awaiting a refund for the unused material that we paid for but would not fit. Still waiting for the fake cabinet door to cover what would have been the waterfall. The grout for the backsplash has already cracked in less than three weeks and if that doesnt beat all no one from Home Depot has responded to my written request that describe these problems above (haven't told them about the grout).

My total charges to date for Home Depot exceed $45,000. My local store is undoubtedly the best Home Depot I have been to or used and the service there is impeccable and beyond expectations. I have told the story during surveys with multiple receipts about how exceptional their employees here are. No one has yet to contact me regarding this incomplete project.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

If I can give Home Depot service a no star I would. First off Samsung fridge is JUNK. Worst fridge I've ever owned & purchased from Home Depot. I would never recommend or purchase another Samsung appliance. Second Home Depot extended warranty is a JOKE. Purchased the Samsung fridge in Feb of 2015 with the 5 yr extended warranty. So far we've had 5 service calls but probably 10 visits from a service tech. According to Home Depot the fridge does not qualify for a lemon even though there has been 10 visits and multiple parts replaced. Home Depot prefers to keep wasting my time in having to coordinate my schedule around the service tech's schedule. And I'm sure the cost associated with the parts and labor is close if not already exceeding the cost of a new fridge. Home Depot I will submit every possible complaint and spread the negative service I've received from Home Depot until I receive a new fridge.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

GE Stackable Washer and dryer: Order appliances and paid in full on September 9th, 2017. Was told delivery and installation would happen on Nov. 8th, 2017. Nov. 8th 2017 got appliances but stacking kit not ordered. Contacted HD and was told kit was ordered and installation would be completed on Nov. 11th. Nov. 11th wrong kit was ordered. Back to HD. Was told the kit would arrive by Nov. the 15th, not buying it. Don't believe them, we'll see. Also every time I call I have to give all info just to be transferred to another line and start all over again. Also elbow to dryer exhaust duct not in parts. Used old one and started dryer installation myself. Just need kit and if not delivered by Wednesday I'll buy kit and do the installation myself. Losing money in this deal. Not worth it, terrible purchase. Hopefully the appliances will work properly. Keeping fingers crossed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I am writing because we had purchased a Samsung washer and got the protection plan (5yr) and the drain pump tore up and at the time A & E came and said they could not get the screws and so we had to go to the laundromat from the end of June till September 14, 2017. So they sent in a laundry reimbursement form thinking we was going to get our money back for going. Well was I ever fooled because they said $50.00 per claim.

So October 13, 2017 same thing happened so a Duns repair came out. Same problem so we had sent in both repair recipients and they said they were only 1. Sorry Home Depot. Will never ever trade with you again and I hope you can live very well with how you are taking advantage of people letting people believe you are seriously going to be honest. REALLY. So people reading this do not trade at Home Depot or buy their protection plans. It isn't worth it really because they will not reimburse you fully. I will never ever buy nothing else with them EVER.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I purchased a $2800 refrigerator in 2016 and the $250 5-year protection plan. My refrigerator compressor died 18 months later. When I called I was told there aren't any technicians available for 2 weeks. I cannot go without a refrigerator for 2 weeks. They said they can't do anything unless it is during normal business hours. I didn't know my refrigerator couldn't break down on weekends. They have no technicians available on weekends. They also disconnected me trying to talk to the supervisor twice. This seemed intentional. The protection plans are a complete scam.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Fence - Called Home Depot and requested someone to come in for price quote, someone called back from Home Depot saying it will take 24 to 48 hrs for someone to call back from a company. After 48 hrs no one has called from the fence company, and contacted Home Depot again. Why we have not received a call from the fence company after 48 hrs.... CUSTOMER SERVICE in HOME DEPOT WAS VERY RUDE, NO APOLOGY. "WELL WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO", Ridiculous!!!! Went to somewhere else. If I can give ZERO I would!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Horrible delivery service! Delivery guy called me about my washer being delivered. My delivery timeframe was from 8:15am to 12:15pm. Well he called me around 8am and he told me that he will be here in 30 minutes. I informed him that I’ve got to take my son to school around 8:30am but should be back around 9:15am. He said that’s fine and he will call back around that time.

Well as I was taking my son to school delivery truck came to my house. I told him I have to take my son to school if he could wait or come back another time today and he refused to do any of that. I was just minutes away from home and he called me again and told me I have to reschedule for another day. I’ve asked him, “Can you just wait few minutes? I will be home shortly.” He refused. But he sat near my driveway around 15 minutes just to call me and tell me I have a delivery and I need to reschedule. Really? Well, I’m worried this will happen another day if I will reschedule. I’m almost tempted to return this washer and go buy one at different store where delivery would work around the customers and not around their convenience. This has been bad experience. Very unprofessional!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Today, I purchased a Ryobi Table saw - low-end to be sure, but it would more than do the jobs I need. Problem is, apparently Home Depot DOES NOT INSPECT INCOMING SHIPMENTS. This is sad. When a shipment arrives at your door, and the box has a gaping hole in it, you should reject it, right? Well at Home Depot they had two of these table saws in boxes. One box had a gaping hole in it, so I didn't choose that one; the other box seemed pristine, so I took that one.

After assembling, I noticed the table part of the table saw (which needs to be absolutely flat so you don't saw crooked) had two major dings in it - not really noticeable when I took it out of the box, but about a 1/2 inch bump on one side and a 1/4 inch bump on the other. Then I looked at the box and noticed a slight ding on each side which I didn't notice before.

Was this Ryobi's fault for bad packaging? Was this the shipper's fault? Was this Home Depot's fault? I am not sure (to be fair). My box had no holes in it, just barely noticeable dings, but the other box had a major hole in it, and in my mind Home Depot should not have accepted it from the shipper. This is not the first time I have seen this - seen it many times - boxes with holes.

If this is the shipper causing this, Home Depot needs to send a message to them by not accepting damaged boxes. Why pass the trouble on to your valued customer? Or maybe they are not so valued? Who covers the time loss on my part??? I guess the final moral of the story is, don't buy a table saw whose table part is actually heavy sheet metal - it should be forged machined metal, or else the packaging needs to be significantly more robust.

I don't want to unfairly fix blame on any party for this; in my mind, Ryobi failed to develop appropriate packaging for this product, the shipper may have been unduly rough, and Home Depot should refuse shipment on products in broken boxes; everyone needs to do their part. Fortunately, I do expect Home Depot to make it right, but valuable time was lost.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Home Depot only cares about the money and not their customers! Kitchen remodel with custom cabinets to fit a 36" range. What I received & signed for was a 30" range. Called Goleta Store only to be told, “Appliances can't ever be returned” by the store Manager. Called Headquarters and was told, "Can't go against what the Store Manager says" and was connected back to him. I explained that box has never been opened and I just wanted an exception to be made to exchange the range for to a 36”. Again, he stated, “No exceptions can be made as the warehouse won't give a credit nor can the range be resold".

I've been a loyal customer for many years and I'm totally outraged that your priority is your profits and not the customer! As for resale of an unopened range, I find it hard to believe that it can't be sold. Sounds like a Win Win for Home Depot and not the customer! I will NEVER go back to Home Depot and I will be telling my story to all my friends and family encouraging them to spread the word how Home Depot only care about the profit margin instead of their customers!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Very rude, lazy store associate. I was looking to buy a microwave. The person (Erica) at the Store #1220 didn't even bother to search for the item and gave me the wrong information. It is very hard in general to find any help at this store. The manager Kenny completely ignored the situation.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I spent a long time researching dehumidifiers on Homedepot.com and then purchased one on their website. It was a good deal. I chose the cheapest shipping and it was still like $20. It said it would arrive next week. The order "never went through" even though there was a pending charge on PayPal. I called them and PayPal, went into a home depot store and none of them could find it. Now the same dehumidifier is not offered on their website strangely and it's been weeks since I ordered it. Waste of time.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Review is for Pearland TX Home Depot near Hwy 288. Working with flooring dept. manager, we needed 1150 sq. ft. of laminate, but we rounded up to 1200 ft. to assure we had enough. The Home Depot manager somehow ordered 2200 square feet, 4320 pounds of laminate AND it was delivered in an 18 wheeler with no forklift. In our rural neighborhood, the road was too narrow for the driver to back into the driveway, so we had to use their pallet jack to move 3 full pallets weighing over 4000 pounds on a gravel driveway, then we found out it was twice as much as we needed after moving it box by box into the house. Home Depot said there would be a 25% restocking fee to cover THEIR mistake, costing me over $2000. Will never shop at Home Depot again!!! This is not what we needed after our house was flooded in hurricane Harvey. I would give them less than one star if that was possible!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I had a failure of my refrigerator. It went off and spoiled my food. $325.00 worth of food was thrown in the garbage. I was gone for over a week and when coming home found my refrigerator was off and for over a week. Needless to say I called the company that had my protection plan. They told me to unplug the refrigerator and plug it back in. I did it and the frig started working again. But the food was lost. Well Anthony said he would send me a form and to fill it out and submit it. And I would be paid for my loss. WRONG. LIES. I heard nothing for a month so I called the company and what do I hear from them? They are not paying because no one came out to repair the frig. DO NOT BUY PROTECTION PLANS. They are filled with loopholes that the companies that sell them get out of paying you anything.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Bought a tub off Home Depot's website, had a hard time figuring out what model. Ended up going with a Restoria clawfoot similar to one found on www.bathandvanities.com but cheaper. Had a great experience and would have given 5 stars if it weren't for some parts missing, which were replaced.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Nightmare is the most appropriate word for Home Depot's services. We ordered appliances, they were damaged, then trying to have the replacements delivered (still not delivered) is a fiasco/circus that is a taking weeks coupled with confusion and incompetence. Home Depot should be avoided at all costs.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Received a notice from Home Depot that my credit card limit would be dropped by two thirds If I didn't charge a purchase by December 1, 2017. HD stated that it’s been ten months since my last purchase on the HD credit card. Well, HD you can bully others if you want but not me after 19 years of spending several thousands of dollars I'm done - card cancelled and unsubscribed to all HD emails.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Multiple "separate orders" were placed by Home Depot for a "single" new flooring/new appliance project, and "partial" order deliveries happened on different dates. The order in question was shipped 09/22/17 per their confirming email (see enclosure). Though I checked and re-checked over 3 weeks (starting on 10/4/17), trying to ensure delivery had indeed happened of the flooring (since delivery was for a vacation home location), I was continuously assured that it "was delivered on 10/4/17" per their system (another partial order was delivered that day, but NOT the flooring). When the construction crew showed up to do the work on the morning of 10/14/17, they reported that the "flooring" order was missing.

After hours spent on the phone, while the crew waited for resolution, I was finally informed by H.D. on the evening of 10/14/17 that my flooring order was sitting with a "third party delivery carrier", in spite of the fact that on 3 separate occasions H.D. staff assured me the flooring HAD BEEN DELIVERED ON 10/4/17. My new flooring/appliance project at a vacation home is now cancelled, due to failure of product delivery by Home Depot (all other orders/items were delivered, but without a new floor - how can a new appliance be installed?)

The "new delivery date" for the MISSING FLOORING is 10/25/17, but I no longer have a construction crew available since this was a 4 day project. My new appliance will now have to sit in its box in the garage, until both the crew and the vacation home are available. The construction time was scheduled during peak season in CO (10/14/17 to 10/17/17), because the crew was available. I have just lost renting my vacation home out during Peak Fall Season and the work could not be completed - this is irresponsible business behavior that has caused us a loss of income!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I ordered 3 area rugs from Home Depot for a total of $1466.20 including delivery. One rug was delivered right away. The other two were taking a long time. I was sent an email with a link to track a truck coming from Mexico. The problem is, the information didn't mean anything. I had no idea where the rug actually was. Finally I checked and it said that they had called me the day before to confirm delivery, which was a total lie.

We had doctor's appointments that we couldn't cancel at the last minute, so my neighbor was watching. She looked out her window and the truck was pulling away after dumping the rug in my front yard in the rain. At no time was I provided a phone number or any way to contact anyone about this delivery. What really bothers me is the lie that we had been called. My neighbor hurt her back trying to pull the 9X13 rug into our house to get it out of the rain. I am considering getting an attorney. The trucking company would have a hard time proving they called, because they didn't. Home Depot is responsible for the subcontractors they use.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I bought a refrigerator from The Home Depot on 9/5/17. Delivery was scheduled for 9/13/17. On 9/12/17, the delivery service called to inform me that my appliance would be delivered on 9/20/17. The repairman (for my new refrigerator) indicated that the refrigerator had been in the store on 9/9/17.) I called The Home Depot and was told that since I had ordered it online, that the store had nothing to do with delivery and that my refrigerator was not in the store. The delivery people dropped the refrigerator on my concrete driveway. When I called "customer service" about the broken (new) refrigerator, I was repeatedly disconnected. When I would get through to a real human, I was repeatedly put on hold and then disconnected. This saga went on for over 3 hours. I was finally told that The Home Depot was not responsible for any problems with the appliance.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

To the manager of the Waukesha Home Depot store I appreciate you calling to let me know once again you and your company do not back your products (carpet) you sell or offer to install for free (with non-English speaking, miss your appointment & install incorrect) through a 3rd party contractor. We had our whole house of carpet installed 01- 2013. Apparently when you install carpet you are supposedly told where seams are going to be installed-wrong! However we had noticed the seam coming apart and showing down to the backing.

Yes, I should've called sooner. However I dreaded dealing with home depot or crew 2- the install company again after the horrible install- no wonder they offer to install carpet for free! I figured the carpet itself had a warranty which it does however since I didn't PROFESSIONALLY CLEAN THE CARPET supposedly the warranty is voided! Wow. Who would've thought you have to clean your carpet to not void the warranty of a defective carpet/seam. Wow. I hope car manufacturers don't require you to wash your car weekly/monthly to maintain the warranty. Think before buying anything from Home Depot - they sure do not stand behind their product or their defective installers!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I wish there was something lower than one star to rate my delivery experience. First of all Home Depot has a third party do the delivery and installation of appliances. That being said we ordered a dishwasher and had our scheduled day and time of between 8 am and 4 pm. When the item was not delivered by 3 I placed a call and spoke to the "middle-man". I'm guessing who then in turn called the delivery people.

Needless to say there was no response and no delivery. I called Home Depot directly and the manager apologized and set up a new date and time the next week. Once again no delivery OR call saying they would either be late or have to reschedule, and that is the most aggravating part. I called Home Depot and was guaranteed delivery the next day. I had to call them at noon and was told she was working things out with the delivery/installation company. A few hours later I was told they would come three days later to which I was not happy so I cancelled the order. This was the most inconvenient and aggravating situation I ever had with a company. I will never shop there again. I did get my money back but that was also a chore.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I bought a fairly expensive Bernzomatic blowtorch with two tanks from Home Depot that I thought would be in excellent condition. When I tried to assemble it one nozzle wouldn't screw onto the tank. I thought it was a bad tank but neither tank would screw on. I contacted Home Depot by email telling them I needed to return it because I had lost the receipt and the item was defective and never been used. Regardless of the fact that it was never even assembled they refused to return it or even give me credit for other store items stating store policy against returning items without a receipt or sold after so many days.

I told them I wouldn't shop there any longer if this wasn't straightened out and they didn't even care in the least having so many customers that they think they can stick it to whoever they want apparently. I couldn't find this item online so Home depot must know they were peddling broken junk and don't care if they peddle broken junk as long as they get a dollar out of you honestly or dishonestly. My policy in the future will be to spread the word that Home Depot is a dishonest peddler of broken junk and to shop at Lowe's or local hardware stores from now on and to assemble items that require assembly right after purchase.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I went to a few Home Depots and call customer service. And when I asked about Price Matching and gave them the company and show them the add and their phone number, they said they are a Wholesaler and did fabrication. I told them they sell to anyone and offered fabrication like Home Depot does. I contacted this idiot who is one of their attorneys. We’re not going to convince each other via email. If you believe that a court would see the issue differently, we’re happy to address the matter in that forum.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Want to clarify that Home Depot (Durham NC) customer service was extremely professional and helpful each time I called. However, my complaint is actually with the local delivery service and "professionals" who were suppose to remove, haul away my old machine and install a new dishwasher. After taking time off work, service was not completed, delivery guys were rude, and I received no call or follow-up from supervisor in charge. Had to request for complete refund due to the lack of professionalism of the 2 delivery men and the supervisor.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

About 2 years ago we worked with Josh ** at the Home Depot in NW San Antonio at Bandera and Loop 1604 on a front door project. We needed a glass security door and Josh helped us select just the right one for our needs. We ended up with a beautiful secure storm door that lets wonderful light into our family room. Josh is not only knowledgeable, but he kindly listens to what you really want and then designs it!

Today we were looking for a replacement to our back door, which is old, wooden, and somewhat warped on rainy days. Josh spent almost an hour with us and showed us the various options in fiberglass outside doors--from no grid to 9-15 grid, blinds or not, colors, to finish. He practically had the options of every vendor memorized as he scrolled through screen after screen, looking for the right option. He talked us through the measuring and purchasing process as well. As semi-retired seniors, he understood that we needed the best deal possible since we are on a fixed income. We love this young man! You need to know and appreciate that he is an absolute treasure to your organization and is the epitome of what every Home Depot employee should be! Thanks, Josh!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Biggest mistake of my life was trusting and using this company for such an important investment. They misrepresented the product. What I purchased and what I received are not the same, and the installers were HORRIBLE. Damaged our home, and were so ill-prepared. It wasn't even funny. The carpet is loose and uneven, not secured and they slopped glue on our tile, broke baseboard and said nothing. The list of errors is extensive. HD is refusing to credit us, refusing to refund us and I got yelled at by the store manager, who would not let me get a word in edgewise to even ask a question. Bottomline, run as far away from this merchant as possible. They're your best friend until they get your money. After that, you don't matter. Worst service ever.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

On August 3, 2017, I ordered a set of 6 blinds for my home. The total cost: $5,390.20. We were told by the Home Depot salesman who sold us the blinds and who measured up at our home that installation was confirmed for Aug 22. However, he wrote on Aug 21 to say there was a delay and installation would be on Aug 31. My husband and I were disappointed but we couldn't do anything as Home Depot took 100 percent payment upfront. We had to cancel our plans to holiday interstate around that time - Aug 28-Sep 3. I had thought, when we were told to pay, that the Home Depot full payment policy was not right for consumers. Having dealt with numerous companies, the most we had to pay for any job or order was 50 percent of the total price and the balance after installation.

Anyway, we paid up in good faith as we were assured by the salesman the blinds would be installed on Aug 22 and we were desperate for them. The price was a wee bit steep - had I shopped around, I am pretty certain I could get a cheaper quote elsewhere. When the salesman who was also blind installer came on Aug 31, I wasn't happy with his lack of expertise and lack of thought on placement of the blinds in the window space. In fact, he had to remove and re-install two blinds a few times as he did not properly measure the distance, etc and he drilled so many holes. One of the blinds was a tight fit on one side and is now nudging the wall each time you bring it up and down. I called Home Depot customer service to find out why the installation delay and was told by the person who answered the call that she would look into it. She offered $70 on Sept 7 in an email to me as compensation for the delay.

I thought it was rather a small consideration for so much inconvenience. Up to today, I haven't received the check and that's close to a month. As we paid for the blinds by credit card, I asked if Home Depot could do the $70 refund to our credit card but was told Home Depot does not have the means to refund by credit card. Are they serious? I have always got money back from vendors when due via credit card refund. And did Home Depot send a check? It seems to be a very stressful affair for me to be dealing with Home Depot - all the way from Sales to Installation to Customer Service. The least Home Depot can do as an act of courtesy is to refund to the credit card or cancel the check (if it was sent out) quickly and resend me a replacement check via Registered Post. I think companies should really not be allowed to get away with bad service because they are among America's biggies. If anything, they should provide sterling customer service.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I had Home Depot install quartz countertops in Nov 2016. I was not happy with parts of the installation and would not have said anything but they called wanting to know about my experience. Thus, I let them know I was not happy and they said they would send someone out to check. The person they sent was actually unsympathetic, said he did not care what I thought and my complaints were senseless, except for one seam and he would send someone out to get it fixed. This is Oct 2017 and I am still waiting.

All my complaints were legitimate but it does not seem to matter to Home Depot. I went by the store a few days later and explained the situation to the young people who were working there. They said they would get "right on it" and I have yet to see or hear from anyone connected with Home Depot or the company they sent to install the countertops. Needless to say, I am telling everyone to not use Home Depot for installation of quartz countertops. "One dissatisfied customer can do more harm than 1 satisfied customer can do you good."

Home Depot Company Information