Home Depot

Compare Home Supplies and Tools

Research top Home Supplies and Tools recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased steel decorative fencing and was trying to find the gate to accompany the fencing. Home Depot online showed 5 stores in my area that had this in stock. I called each one and asked them to physically check their stock to make sure they had it prior to driving down there. Went to 3 Home Depot stores who claimed to have this in stock and NO, it was not there. Went to a neighboring city Home Depot (Riverside on Madison) after they not only said they had it in stock but said they put it at the customer service counter with our name on it. NO - Even though I had given them the SKU number they did not have the correct item. Tried to order it online but it cannot be purchased online. I give up on Home Depot and will try to find something to fit at LOWE'S.

Please tell me how The Home Depot can call you to schedule an installation or delivery if they can't, won't or don't have your telephone number???? EXACTLY... I have had the same cell phone number for five or six years but The Home Depot has some phantom phone number for me that they refuse / can't / won't fix. I have no idea where it came from... I have been to the customer service desk at two separate stores more times than I wish to mention trying to resolve the issue... Called Customer Service, IT tech, etc... Supposedly resolved???? Well, so they said...

So I placed a carpet purchase and install at The Home Depot Store. Name, phone number, address... All correct... Should be okay right??? I am a patient person... Now I am angry. Installers show up today... I just happened to be there. Never got the three hour window because... You've got it. They are calling this mystery number. This has happened EVERY SINGLE TIME, WITH EVERY SINGLE INSTALLATION AND DELIVERY. Please keep in mind I had to send back a full kitchen's worth of damaged appliances all the while... They are still calling this phantom number???? Save yourself the aggravation and go to LOWE'S or your local appliance or home store.

Ordered four items online with Home Depot. After leaving the store found they had only included one item when two were ordered. Called their online contact number twice for help. Just useless recording of information totally irrelevant for a problem with the order. Called the local store, 1000 Market Pl Blvd, Cumming, GA 30041, and was put on hold for over ten minutes. No help whatsoever from that. Just told to bring the paperwork to the store for any decision or help. So I guess I go back to the store and try to prove that they'd left out an item when the paperwork I have stated that it was included in the order. Not worth it to me to go through that. Worst online ordering experience ever.

I ordered several products online, and was told they had all arrived for pickup. I had an item I had previously ordered that I wanted to return that was not the size I needed, but I'd misplaced the receipt, so I started an online chat. The person I chatted with wrote that I could return the item at the store I was picking up my order from, but would be forced to take store credit since I had no receipt. That was fine with me, so I went to the store to pick up my items. I gave them the part I wanted to return, and was told I couldn't return it because I didn't have a receipt, and they didn't carry the item at their location, but I could return it to the Cincinnati store because they carried the part at that location (Cincinnati is about 300 miles from where I live, by the way.) So they wouldn't give me a refund. Anyway, I signed for the parts I had ordered, which were in sealed packages.

When I got home, I opened my order and discovered one of the parts wasn't what I ordered. I contacted customer service, believing they would be more than happy to help me. They told me the parts were normal store inventory, so I should have just picked them up off the shelves when I arrived (even though I had paid for them, and they had a package waiting for me with another customer's order in it) The store is 20 minutes from where I live, so it's probably an hour of my time to return to the store to retrieve four bolts worth about $6.00, if they actually have them, and they can figure out how to give them to me without charging me again. This place isn't worth the hassle.

I bought a dryer from Home Depot 04/23/2017. It got delivered on Thursday April 27th. We were not satisfied with the product. So we try to take it back in Sunday April 30th. And they refuse to take it back. I ask if I can get store credit and they said no. I ask if I can change it and buy better one and they said no. I talk to the store manager and he said that I'm stuck with the dryer. I call the customer care line and they said that there is nothing they can do. So right. Now I'm stuck with a dryer that does not perform the way we wanted to. So never buy an appliance from Home Depot. According to the management they said that appliances are not refundable at all and you can't even exchange them for a different one. The customer service at the store was terrible is like talking to a wall. They have a 90 day product satisfaction guarantee that's they said except for appliances. Again never buy an appliance from Home Depot.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

I was looking for a Rose of Sharon bush to plant in honor of my husband, who recently passed away. Your associate informed me, it's too early in the season and won't be in for another month. I explained to both Matt and Donna that my 12 year old granddaughter had her heart set on planting this particular bush because she read that the horticulture name is "Hibiscus Syriacus" and her last name happens to be "**."

Matt and Donna heard my story and immediately got on the phone to try and locate the bush, and yesterday I got a phone call that he located a Rose of Sharon, and I can pick it up at my convenience. I am so impressed about your staff going out of their way to help a customer for a mere 30.00 dollar item. I simply would like them to know that I sincerely appreciate all their efforts.

We worked with a sales associate in the store in Chicago, IL to buy countertops for our new kitchen cabinets and bathroom cabinets. The company they contract with, CounterTop Factory (http://www.thecountertopfactory.com/), was awful. They told us they needed Home Depot to send over information, when we called Home Depot they said they had sent everything over. We called CTF again, they said they needed to wait for the materials. We called Home Depot they said the company would have told them if they were out of stock, and at this point we had already been waiting 4 weeks just to get an appointment to measure, and then another 3 weeks to get the countertops fabricated.

When we called to try and get something scheduled finally, they would not give us a time frame until 3 pm the day before of installation. If you do not have a flexible work schedule, this is completely unreasonable. When they came to install the kitchen countertops, one of the workers broke part of our window boards. The pieces that they brought did not fit one of the counters correctly, and the workers told us to order more wooden cabinet pieces to build around it and fix up how it looks. What. NEVER USE HOME DEPOT OR THE COUNTERTOP FACTORY FOR YOUR COUNTERTOP INSTALLATIONS.

After paying off a balance of $17 - The only purchase made on the account - And a $19 late charge, Home Depot continues to accrue late charges upon late charges. Attempts to get their Customer Service to halt the accruals after the account was paid and closed are futile. They'd prefer to dig in their heels and alienate customers.

My bathroom is mess up because I let one of your recommend contractor do the work, he has been working a month. Company name Empire Home Services, his name is William **. I never seen anything like it!

Ordered (March 29, 2017) a vanity for delivery to home. Estimated delivery 5-7 days. Later got a "track your order" advising delivery April 10, great! Hired guys to accept delivery, unload, etc. Never arrived. Called HD's trucking company - they had no idea, did not know if it was in warehouse or when it might come. "Someone will get back to you tonight or tomorrow at the latest." No call yet from them. Called HD "customer service." On the phone for one hour - three different conflicting stories, but with the promise "This should not have happened, you will hear from someone Monday..." That was two weeks ago - still no word or idea when, if, the product might arrive.

If HD had said, on their website or ad "You will get it when you get it, quit complaining," I could have used that information. Instead they gave (apparently) deliberately misleading information and (also apparently) feel no need to correct their mistake. Bad people!!! Deal with anyone - anyone, including the guy selling stolen merchandise that fell off the truck (maybe that is where my vanity is??) before Home Depot. Or, alternatively, simply do not believe their promises and accept that you will "get it when you get it." Worst experience ever! And it continues!

2/14/17 I ordered a full bay window from HD. Was told it would take a few weeks I get a call from A Home service (HOME DEPOT) that my window was in and will be installed within the next few days. WRONG. This window install has been cancelled 6 times. 2 full bay windows were made incorrect sent back and a rush was put on by window supervisor HA HA HA! I have been lied to and told this and that. What a joke. Last window that was supposed to be here which is now in the last days of April I got a call from the window supervisor that they had to find someone to build the glass for my window that I ordered. WHAT! Another delay only to add to my frustration, I was never told this in the beginning when I first ordered the window back in April with another 30 day delay at least, and can't believe I am just told this now.

Needless to say that I have cancelled this window and demanded my down payment of $1500.00 back in full plus interest. I was told my money has to come out of GA. From corporate. No telling what is going to happen now or the lies I will be told. I have all the names and phone number of all the people I have dealt with in my Home Depot area which is in the State of Washington. Please People and buyers don't make the mistake of purchasing windows from Home Depot. You WILL be sorry.

I went to Home Depot today at 6590 S Virginia to buy a low-class cheap wood. The cashier name is **. She is helping me to check out my wood but there is no tag price so she call for help on the phone and fat boy showed up to help. 30 minute of waiting for to get the price and fat boy never show itself. I am 65 years old. I go back in the wood stock to get the tag price because the she need to enter numbers to check out my wood. Today date 04/29/2017 my cell phone **. The fat boy need to be train again. Receipt or barcode **.

Purchased a lawn tractor and mulching kit on Saturday April 15 from Home Depot in Trumbull, CT. Asked that the mulch kit be installed prior to delivery. Was told the tractor would arrive on Monday April 17. Took off from work to meet the delivery but at 4:00 pm received a call telling me that the mulch kit had not been installed and delivery was postponed until Wednesday April 19. Took off on April 19 only to get a call from Home Depot telling me that the mulch kit was not installed and they would have to postpone the delivery until sometime the following week as the installation of the mulch kit required the removal of the mower deck and the tractor needing to be inverted. I told them that they were being less than honest as the home depot site describes the mulch kit installation as easy only requiring two bolts.

On Wednesday night I received a call from Home Depot informing me the mulch kit had been installed and the tractor could be delivered on Friday. I told them that I didn't trust them and requested that the unit be delivered on Saturday so I didn't need to waste another day off from work. I complained to Home Depot the store, the customer service, and to Home Depot Exec Management. As of April 27 I have heard from no one. All promised to follow up but no one does. I will stop going to Home Depot which is 5 minutes from my house and start going to Lowe's which is about 35 minutes from my home.

Ordered a LG Wash machine on a Sunday, delivery was set for the following Wednesday with a Tuesday call to confirm delivery window. Call came and window was CONFIRMED. Took off early from work, took back door off of hinges in anticipation for my new washer. Wednesday came and NO washer. Called delivery company phone # from my 'call history'. They said my order had been cancelled. Very Frustrated. Spend over $1000 and zero satisfaction. Next time I'll try LOWE'S.

This has to be the worst experience I have had in years. I ordered an jeweler's loupe to my address. The zip code they had in system was some place I never heard of. I told the girl my address 3 times. Received an email with the wrong address. Customer service told me Monday UPS would be at my house. To find out the girl never change the address in her computer. I call asking where is my loupe and they told me they were at my house already. Of course not at the right address. They never changed the correction. Called a manager and she said, "I'll call you back." Never happened. Here it is Wednesday and still no jeweler's loupe. This has to be the worst customer service I have ever seen. I hope this reaches the big shots so this will never happen again.

Received a Ryobi 40V Cordless Hedge Trimmer as a Christmas present from a relative who live out of state, I had no receipt. The 40V model is not compatible with my 18V Ryobi batteries so I was hoping to exchange it for the 18V model. I called Home Depot (Leominster, MA store #2676) ahead of time because I didn't want to make a wasted trip. I explained everything, noting more than once that I did not have the receipt. I was told NO PROBLEM, that it was okay and I could do a one for one swap.

I brought the brand new, unopened, factory sealed item to the return desk. The clerk ripped open the box and then offered me $20. I said, "excuse me?" and she said, "your return, it's $20." I told her, "there must be a mistake. Home Depot sells this model for $79.99." She proceeded to tell me that Home Depot's return policy is if you don't have a receipt that you'll be refunded the lowest advertised price. Meaning the most I could get (without a receipt) is the lowest price they ever sold that item for... so, at some point Home Depot had sold this $80 item at 75% off (maybe a black Friday or one-day sale event).

After a few minutes of getting nowhere with the clerk I respectfully asked if I could speak with a manager. I was told that the manager would tell me the same thing and they wouldn't be able to override the policy. I politely stated again that I would prefer to speak with a manager. I was then told, by the clerk, "there is no manager here." At this point I began to get a little frustrated and sternly questioned the clerk, "you're telling me there is no manager in this building?" At which time she phoned for a manager.

Within a minute a woman appeared behind me and stated she was the manager. I explained the situation and was quickly told that they cannot override the policy and there was nothing they could do. I explained that I was told over the phone that we could do the exchange. I was never told, after I stated multiple times that I did not have the receipt, that there would be a reduction in the return value. I told the manager that due to this poor customer service I would second guess purchasing from this store in the future and even cancel my credit card account. I was told, "you do what you have to sir, have a nice day."

When I return home I called Home Depot's customer care number (1-800-553-3199) and explained my experience. As if reading a script, the woman (Erica) quoted the identical policy that the manager and clerk from the store quoted. I explain that I understand the policy, but believe we are experiencing a unique circumstance. Because the item at one point was marked down (for whatever reason) to 75% below retail, the best they could do is offer me a $20 credit for an item they are, had for the long term, been selling for $80. She sarcastically stated that she was sorry and there was nothing she could do, it was a corporate policy and when they scan the item in (without a receipt) the system generates the refund price.

My point... As a consumer, I did my homework, I called ahead of time. I stated the situation and let them know, multiple times, that I did not have a receipt. At no point was it ever hinted that I could not get a full refund, in fact I was told we could do a one for one swap. As a long standing customer and Home Depot credit card holder I would expect fair treatment, not special treatment, just fair common sense customer service. I've spent thousands of dollars in that store through various home projects. I only asked each of the three Home Depot employees from counter clerk to store manager to customer care representative that we look at this transaction with some common sense, with some reality. Every interaction was like reading from a script, the return policy was quoted and defined multiple times as some type of defense mechanism.

Rather than understand the logic they all stood there and failed to comprehend how ridiculous the return offer was. They said because I did not have a receipt for a Home Depot EXCLUSIVE item that I was only allowed a maximum refund of the lowest ever sale price, which in this case was 75% off current retail selling price. Not one time did any of the employees verbally recognize that something seemed amiss. At no point in time did anyone, not one time did anyone double check the scan or the return price. The manager never reviewed the transaction, the customer care rep never offered to review the item. The clerk said it was $20 and they all went with it. So, I've very disappointed with the experience. My wife and I have agreed to cancel our Home Depot credit card and shop either online through Amazon or go to Lowe's (which is just as far to travel). Home Depot has lost a loyal patron and a local homeowner.

I have had to have help with lights, bulbs, patio cover weather paint, tile, and little parts for lots of projects. I would like to give the highest service to David and Gill who work at Home Depot 413 in Phoenix, Az. We get great service and prompt help to the car for the Seniors of 65 and older.

The Home Depot Warranty dept. is a joke. Here is the latest. 4/22/2017 - Spoke with Bay. A manager without the ability to answer my questions. She said she could not confirm the call had been recorded and she had not been taking notes. I have asked for someone more senior to call me back. No one available until Monday. She could not give me a name of a person who would be calling. Questions to her: The repair person (not been to see the machine) is ordering parts (pump and control board). He said if this is due to a clogged hose, the extended warranty purchased from the Home Depot will not cover it.

I called the Home Depot warranty person to verify that this is the case. I had her read back what the previous two service calls had entailed. One said the hose was cleared. My question to her were if they paid in the past, why not again? Secondly, does a clogged hose automatically mean that the control board and the pump have to be replaced? Because that is why I am waiting 4-6 days for a return call and if I have to pay for it, I'm not going to just accept the idea that a clogged hose RESULTS in the control board and the PUMP both needing replacing. If the repair guy stands there and tells me this, what recourse do I have? Pay for it? Or not, and pay someone else to diagnose the problem? In either case, it comes out of my pocket.

Seems to me that the laborers can be defrauding the Home Depot saying these issues are causing control boards and pumps to go out when that is not the case. Now they are expecting me as a consumer to just believe them? I don't think so. Why can't they just clear the hose and charge me for the service call instead of the parts? This is the FOURTH time I have had an issue with this machine. The first, happened only a few months after the unit was installed so that was covered by Maytag. The two since have been part of the extended warranty. Now this past week. I have had difficulty with the warranty people at Home Depot TRYING to schedule people to come to my place on all occasions. If you have kept notes, you can see the hassle I have gone through just to try to get people to show up. Each time I have to take time off from work to be there or inconvenience a friend to stay there.

The last time (Thursday) April 20, 2017 I was told that Double U appliance would do the repair between 8 a.m. and noon. I made sure they understood to communicate to them that they would be repairing a STACKABLE unit (Read the notes in my file as I've had other people turn around and leave in the past because they refused to unstack the units and all claimed the Home Depot warranty people did NOT communicate this is a stacked situation). I didn't hear from them the day before like I was supposed to so I called at approx. 7 p.m. EST and left a message. I told them I would be available early the next morning (before 6 a.m.) and if they had issues to call me. I was given a window (8 a.m. noon). I called again that morning just prior to 8 a.m. to see if I could verify an appointment. No one called me back. I called again about 11:30 a.m. and left a VM. No one called me back.

Finally, at about 12 minutes past noon, I called the Home Depot warranty people back again and told them no one had had the courtesy to call me. They tried calling and they couldn't get an answer either. I don't care if there was a misunderstanding or if they were running late. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT mind, doesn't return a phone call? So Home Depot warranty gave me another guys name: Norman, from Telecare TV and appliance 678.392.0253. I called him and he did call me back. He took down all of the model numbers etc. He is the one that told me a clogged hose would be my issue and I would be charged. BUT he also said he was ordering parts and it would take another 4-6 days before he could schedule repairs. So now I wait some more.

As I thought more about the situation, it did not make sense to me that he could tell me that a clogged hose was the problem and just charge me for it. So, I went to the Smyrna Store where I originally purchased the washer and dryer units and spoke to Blake. He agreed, I had been through more of a hassle than should be the case. I asked him to specifically share with me how other front-load units are made. We looked at several manufacturers. I asked him if he had ever heard that things slipping through the rubber around the door caused this type of problem (which is what Norman said). He of course would not get that type of feedback. He suggested I Google it and also said he would try to get me a name of a senior person at the Home Depot warranty department. This all took place shortly after store opening at 6 a.m. today. It's now 1:12 p.m. and I've not heard back from Blake.

Thinking managers might only be at the warranty offices until noon on Saturday, I called and asked for a manager. That is when I spoke to Bay, the manager on duty. She said the service guys are the ones who have complete discretion about reporting back on the situation. So in essence she was saying that they could tell her it was my fault and I would have no recourse. This despite the fact that in the past other vendors apparently covered a blocked hose (check the records on this machine). She did not understand my lack of following that line of reasoning. They could tell her anything wrong is something caused by me, and thus I have to pay for it? Any determination whatsoever by them?

Frankly, I am 62 and owned top loading clothes washers and never had to replace control panels or pumps because something got stuck in a hose. Frankly if the design is so poor, Home Depot needs to take this issue up with Maytag/Whirlpool. I'm just the consumer who was told this was the machine that would fit in the space and could be stacked. I finally had one pump go out on a Kenmore washer and replaced it. It was about 13 years old. This one was purchased NEW in 2014. It is really a sad state of affairs that I, as a consumer have to take my time and chase down the repair/warranty group at Home Depot. It's certainly sad if this unit is designed so horribly wrong that it allows little things to slip through rubber at the door and that causes a hose to clog AND the control panel to burn out AS WELL as the pump to blow.

I'm going to find a way to post this all online because the other irritating things is that each says the other is the problem. Home Depot stores can't help me, I have to call the warranty department, the warranty department tells me I'm at the mercy of the repair contractors (and they must burn through those like crazy because I never get the same one twice not that I would want them bar none, they have been a pretty miserable lot). Model # WFC7500VW. NO ONE WILL TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THE PROBLEM.

I placed an order online for a dishwasher requesting delivery. I realized after placing the order that there might be additional parts needed for the installation. I wasn't sure what that might be so requested "chat" to help me resolve. Spoke with Judith **. Who claimed she could cancel the order and then resubmit so I could add additional parts. The only thing she did was cancel the order, and not inform me that my funds would not go back into my account for 3 to 5 days. Meaning I can't reorder for up to 5 business days. I spoke to (or chatted) with another rep who basically told me what I already knew. The only thing they offered to do was to give me 10% off the product once I was actually able to order it. Ah no thanks, ordering from Lowe's.

I purchased a NexGrill grill with an extended warranty so that it will be hassle free if something goes wrong. Slightly over a month later after purchase, the grill was not functioning right anymore. The temp gauge broke down along with the igniter and the burners. Called Home Depot but they wash their hands and said I have to contact the manufacturer and expect them to take care of the issue. That is their hassle-free extended warranty that they are selling. Anyway per NexGrill I have 90 days to return the product so they sent me back to a Home Depot which they claimed 'twas not true and that they only have 30 days. Long story short I am stuck with this supposedly new substandard product without support. I learned my lesson NEVER TO RELY AND BELIEVE ON HOME DEPOT'S EXTENDED WARRANTY. They don't care about their customers after the sale. Per experience BestBuy is a lot more reliable in terms of customer care.

Ok so when you buy appliances from Home Depot and they tell you, yes it's going to be delivered to you on this specific date and yes you will have your new appliances. Well that's a lie! We were suppose to get our appliances yesterday the 19th. No one called to say "Hey you will not be receiving your appliances today." Now I had to call and inquire where they were and then I get told "Oh you won't get them until May 3rd." Umm this is not ok, I need them as of yesterday. How am I suppose to keep my food cold and my children's clothes washed? Well ma'am, now it will be the 26th I said "Umm well sir no it was supposed to be the 19th." Needless to say WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. WE WILL NEVER BUY FROM HOME DEPOT AGAIN!!!

Bogus information was given to me on the online chat then charged for four hoses instead of two when I asked for help the following day and would not refund me anything until AFTER the delivery/installation, at least 3 to 5 business days later. So quick to charge and get your money in seconds, but gives you the runaround on refunds. I am ready to cut up my Home Depot card and close my account. I do not plan to shop or step in a Home Depot ever again.

On 4/13/17 I visited my local Home Depot to look at lawn mowers. I had planned on making the purchase online because of special financing available through PayPal but I wanted to see the product in person before making the purchase. After viewing the product and verifying it was in stock I proceeded to make the purchase online. The website stated that it was available for in store pickup the same day, however upon checkout it said that it would be shipped to the store a week later. I thought I had possibly made a mistake and selected the wrong option so I went through the process again on the website and it automatically changes the pick up today option to "will ship to store". I called the online order customer service department to explain the issue and they jumped the gun and cancelled my order before I could finish explaining the issue.

After completely explaining the issue they tried to walk me through the process assuming that I had made some mistake when placing the order but the exact same issue happened on their end and they didn't understand why. The product shows up as available for pickup today but when you go to checkout it switches to the ship to store option with no way of changing it. I needed to place the order online because of the special financing so I placed it again after it was cancelled but I called the local store and asked if I could still pick it up today since it was in stock. I want to be clear that I asked, I did not demand or threaten, I just asked if I could pick it up today and I was told yes. All I required was the order number to pick up the item. I got to the store with the information that they asked for but I was told I couldn't take the item home because payment had not yet processed in their system.

Every source I turned to gave me different information and caused me to waste a lot of time. This whole process could have been avoided if primarily their website did not offer shipping options that were not truly available and secondly if their employees were properly educated on store policies. If the item wasn't available for same day pickup the site should just say that. And If I can't go to the store to bypass the delivery wait then the employees shouldn't have told me it was possible.

After debating between Home Depot and Sears to complete my kitchen refacing and counters, I settled on Home Depot primarily because they offered 12 mos deferred billing vs 6 months from Sears. I am trying to sell my house. I was promised 6-8 weeks which was important since I took my house off the market. Of course it took almost 4 months, yet my deferred billing started 3 months before completion.

Then, Home Depot started charging me interested at 6 months and it took 3 months to correct their billing error, yet I was told I must pay the extra amount because I should have noticed before the 6 months that they were wrong on the deferment period - since I get the statements and should have noticed (not they were wrong!) I also have a separation in the quartz counter, have taken off work 2 times to meet the counter people and they have yet to show. Obviously, a company Home Depot chose without care about the customer as this has been evident in the entire process. Promises not honored but they have you over a barrel and treat you that way.

Shame on you Home Depot when you refuse to accept a 86 year old Korea War Veterans military ID for the 10% discount he has received for the past 20 years. You supposedly have a new ID that you recognize & tell me where would this veteran receive this new ID as he has been retired for all these years? Left your store & went to Lowe's where he was greeted with a thank you for his service & received his discount with a smile. Will not be returning to Home Depot in the future.

Getting this patio set from Home Depot was such a headache for 3 weeks. I will never deal with them again nor will I refer anyone there. To ship 4 pieces of furniture it was sent through 3 different shipping companies and they kept on switching the dates of delivery so I had to keep on asking for days off at work. They first didn't even have my apartment number on file and when I gave it to them they put it in wrong 3 different times!! I had to call each shipping company to correct it and until they got to my apartment complex they still had it wrong. They finally take one of the couches to my apartments, I'm not home because they said they would be there from 10 am to 1 pm and they get there at 5 pm, called them AGAIN and they said they don't know how the confusion happened?!

Anyways he refuses to deliver it because he "can't" take it up to the 3rd floor, said I had to pay an extra fee for that. I call the shipping company and they say I have to pay extra AND provide someone to help their "professional" delivery guy take it up to my apartment. Someone please let me know if this makes sense to you. By the way I had to pay already $115 for delivery. Upset already I called #HomeDepot and told them I just wanted to cancel the whole order because I was already tired dealing with them and their shipping companies. Of course they apologize and Marty transferred me to I guess one of the managers to help me. Briana was very apologetic and said they will do something about a disclosure on their website regarding deliveries to apartments and called every shipping company to tell them they had to deliver it to the 3rd floor and didn't charge me extra.

This time I guess it was the shipping company that got my apartment number wrong again but the packages finally managed to get to my doorstep. Conclusion it shouldn't be so stressful to order something online, it has never been like this but I learned my lesson. I will not do business with Home Depot again! But I do love my new patio set and that is the only reason why I was still so patient about everything and didn't just cancel the whole order after the first time I got frustrated with them.

So much for Home Depot Hampton Bay fans LIFETIME warranty, I have a remote ceiling fan installed at my mother's home that has a failed motor. The warranty says Lifetime warranty but after calling Home Depot and speaking with Donna (Very nice on the phone) she contacted the manufacturer of the fan and I was told by their rep Sangra I would have to send the fan to the service center in Florida at my expense, wait 2-3 weeks for it to be repaired and pay the return shipping back.

Using the post office it would cost 18.85 each way. Using UPS it would cost 34.00 each way, they suggested that I replace the wireless receiver first also at my expense ($44.00). I know the motor is bad and not the receiver. By the time I am done, She (My mother) will be without a ceiling fixture for 3-4 weeks given shipping time and it would cost as much as buying a new fan. So in closing the Warranty is crap. Buyer beware, the warranty is only as good as the place of purchase. If you buy a ceiling fan expect to pay to replace it when it fails (no warranty). Shame on you Home Depot!

My experience has been a nightmare that started when my three year old Maytag needed a repair. Sixty days, two technicians and five parts later, that same Maytag is now in a landfill due to slow claim processing and unqualified "technicians." Yes, FINALLY they did decide to warranty it out and refund the cost of the washer. It does not begin to make up for the long, drawn out hassle their customer service or lack of made it. You see, their SOP is to reject claim, drag the process out until you throw up your hands in frustration and pay out of pocket to fix your appliance because who can go sixty days without their appliance working? They contract with fly by night outfits and then do their best to cheat their contractors and customers out of honoring the contract by rejecting claim and slow processing once it is approved.

OK, so to add insult to injury, I am not convinced the washer was not fixable. Had I paid out of pocket, that washer would have been fixed and running the first week. So after their decision to warranty it out, I hired another technician to look at it and he was certain he could fix it but lo and behold, when he opened it up, all the new parts were missing! One drain pump (ordered twice) one door latch and a control board (also ordered twice because they sent the wrong part.) At that point, the cost exceeded it's worth so off to the landfill it went.

The reimbursement came in the form of an e-gift card to be spent at Home Depot, the intention being to buy our replacement there. We did not. We bought a new washer at another big box store and you can guess who it was who offers an IN-HOUSE warranty administered by them, not Asurion. I was resistant to buying a HD Protection Plan -Asurion warranty at all but after I was assured that all claims processing is administered by actual employees of store, I was convinced.

As an apology, Asurion sent us a $50 Home Depot gift card, a nice gesture but it does not begin to make up for bad customer service. Also, you are entitled to a laundry reimbursement refund but no one informed me of that, even after the claim was escalated to corporate. I had to ask for it, and my "resolution specialist" sent me a claim form and I requested a conservative estimate of $120 (keeping in mind I was SIXTY DAYS without a washer at $2.50 a wash at local laundromat) only to be told after filing the claim that the maximum was $50. Thanks George. Save yourself a headache and a $125. Just say no to their extended warranty.

After 4 yrs of a 5 yrs warranty on a LG washer I made a claim about a loud screeching sound. Technicians came out twice (2 different appliance repair company). They replace a very expensive part but the Tech did not know what he was doing, he literally took a rubber hammer to beat the part out. The noise is fixed but it is now leaking!! The machine has been leaking since December 2016. The technicians has been out many times to fix leak, nope still leaking. Now Home Depot will not replace the washer, the techs says it is fix. We have gotten the runaround. Never again will I buy from Home Depot.

My wife and I decided to replace our overlapping carpets with just one carpet but we cannot find an exact size for what we wanted. Home Depot (HD) having a great advertisement on TV, we went to 6800 Highway 6 North Houston, TX 77084 on March 25, 2017. I never had problem with HD before except this critical decision of changing carpets. We picked our choice, we saw it should be available in 72 hours as advertised.

We went to the one in-charge of the carpets and gave the number and size and other details. She kept working on it in the computer for several minutes as if she's having a hard decision choosing stuff and going back and forth with the other windows. We were there sitting in front of her like 15 minutes what should come up in the computer. I thought she was playing or checking something. Giving confirmation or saying it's done shouldn't take that long. Until she said she's working on something and if we mind walking around the store and come back after 30 minutes, and we did. Maybe it was too hard and complicated to place that kind of order.

When we came back, another person was working on our request. Finally, she came back to us and gave us the order sheet or something, if we agree or not. The carpet was just $165 and I was glad, only to find that another $95 is required to have the edging fixed or something. So my total now is $265 plus! I started to reason out to myself that, yeah I think it should amount to $265 plus and it's okay. So I signed up. Now, the hard part of waiting is here! We were promised it should be available in few days, and 72 hours as advertised should mean 3 days - which I was hoping.

After a week, my wife began to wonder why we're not having the carpet yet! We should have bought somewhere else where it could been delivered right away! She visited HD store to ask about the status and got some blurry dates and places where it is coming from like Dallas or somewhere else. After few hours the attendant called her back while driving home and the status changed about dates of arrival and who's bringing what!

Now, it's been 2 weeks, going 3 weeks. She called HD back and the guy finally gave her the UPS tracking number. She sent to me the UPS tracking # and saw that it was shipped 3/31/2017! My gosh we were there 6 days before! And with very slow UPS city to city transfer, I think it would take another 1 week plus. I was thinking, we were living 20 years before and expecting a service that long of more than a month to have an extremely and meticulously made carpet with advertisement of 72 hours! Thank you Home Depot! But you have broken the promise, you should change the 72 hours (3 days) with 3 weeks, or 3 bi-monthly. It's just disgusting.

Home Depot Company Profile