Home Depot

Compare Home Supplies and Tools

Research top Home Supplies and Tools recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Getting this patio set from Home Depot was such a headache for 3 weeks. I will never deal with them again nor will I refer anyone there. To ship 4 pieces of furniture it was sent through 3 different shipping companies and they kept on switching the dates of delivery so I had to keep on asking for days off at work. They first didn't even have my apartment number on file and when I gave it to them they put it in wrong 3 different times!! I had to call each shipping company to correct it and until they got to my apartment complex they still had it wrong. They finally take one of the couches to my apartments, I'm not home because they said they would be there from 10 am to 1 pm and they get there at 5 pm, called them AGAIN and they said they don't know how the confusion happened?!

Anyways he refuses to deliver it because he "can't" take it up to the 3rd floor, said I had to pay an extra fee for that. I call the shipping company and they say I have to pay extra AND provide someone to help their "professional" delivery guy take it up to my apartment. Someone please let me know if this makes sense to you. By the way I had to pay already $115 for delivery. Upset already I called #HomeDepot and told them I just wanted to cancel the whole order because I was already tired dealing with them and their shipping companies. Of course they apologize and Marty transferred me to I guess one of the managers to help me. Briana was very apologetic and said they will do something about a disclosure on their website regarding deliveries to apartments and called every shipping company to tell them they had to deliver it to the 3rd floor and didn't charge me extra.

This time I guess it was the shipping company that got my apartment number wrong again but the packages finally managed to get to my doorstep. Conclusion it shouldn't be so stressful to order something online, it has never been like this but I learned my lesson. I will not do business with Home Depot again! But I do love my new patio set and that is the only reason why I was still so patient about everything and didn't just cancel the whole order after the first time I got frustrated with them.

So much for Home Depot Hampton Bay fans LIFETIME warranty, I have a remote ceiling fan installed at my mother's home that has a failed motor. The warranty says Lifetime warranty but after calling Home Depot and speaking with Donna (Very nice on the phone) she contacted the manufacturer of the fan and I was told by their rep Sangra I would have to send the fan to the service center in Florida at my expense, wait 2-3 weeks for it to be repaired and pay the return shipping back.

Using the post office it would cost 18.85 each way. Using UPS it would cost 34.00 each way, they suggested that I replace the wireless receiver first also at my expense ($44.00). I know the motor is bad and not the receiver. By the time I am done, She (My mother) will be without a ceiling fixture for 3-4 weeks given shipping time and it would cost as much as buying a new fan. So in closing the Warranty is crap. Buyer beware, the warranty is only as good as the place of purchase. If you buy a ceiling fan expect to pay to replace it when it fails (no warranty). Shame on you Home Depot!

My experience has been a nightmare that started when my three year old Maytag needed a repair. Sixty days, two technicians and five parts later, that same Maytag is now in a landfill due to slow claim processing and unqualified "technicians." Yes, FINALLY they did decide to warranty it out and refund the cost of the washer. It does not begin to make up for the long, drawn out hassle their customer service or lack of made it. You see, their SOP is to reject claim, drag the process out until you throw up your hands in frustration and pay out of pocket to fix your appliance because who can go sixty days without their appliance working? They contract with fly by night outfits and then do their best to cheat their contractors and customers out of honoring the contract by rejecting claim and slow processing once it is approved.

OK, so to add insult to injury, I am not convinced the washer was not fixable. Had I paid out of pocket, that washer would have been fixed and running the first week. So after their decision to warranty it out, I hired another technician to look at it and he was certain he could fix it but lo and behold, when he opened it up, all the new parts were missing! One drain pump (ordered twice) one door latch and a control board (also ordered twice because they sent the wrong part.) At that point, the cost exceeded it's worth so off to the landfill it went.

The reimbursement came in the form of an e-gift card to be spent at Home Depot, the intention being to buy our replacement there. We did not. We bought a new washer at another big box store and you can guess who it was who offers an IN-HOUSE warranty administered by them, not Asurion. I was resistant to buying a HD Protection Plan -Asurion warranty at all but after I was assured that all claims processing is administered by actual employees of store, I was convinced.

As an apology, Asurion sent us a $50 Home Depot gift card, a nice gesture but it does not begin to make up for bad customer service. Also, you are entitled to a laundry reimbursement refund but no one informed me of that, even after the claim was escalated to corporate. I had to ask for it, and my "resolution specialist" sent me a claim form and I requested a conservative estimate of $120 (keeping in mind I was SIXTY DAYS without a washer at $2.50 a wash at local laundromat) only to be told after filing the claim that the maximum was $50. Thanks George. Save yourself a headache and a $125. Just say no to their extended warranty.

After 4 yrs of a 5 yrs warranty on a LG washer I made a claim about a loud screeching sound. Technicians came out twice (2 different appliance repair company). They replace a very expensive part but the Tech did not know what he was doing, he literally took a rubber hammer to beat the part out. The noise is fixed but it is now leaking!! The machine has been leaking since December 2016. The technicians has been out many times to fix leak, nope still leaking. Now Home Depot will not replace the washer, the techs says it is fix. We have gotten the runaround. Never again will I buy from Home Depot.

My wife and I decided to replace our overlapping carpets with just one carpet but we cannot find an exact size for what we wanted. Home Depot (HD) having a great advertisement on TV, we went to 6800 Highway 6 North Houston, TX 77084 on March 25, 2017. I never had problem with HD before except this critical decision of changing carpets. We picked our choice, we saw it should be available in 72 hours as advertised.

We went to the one in-charge of the carpets and gave the number and size and other details. She kept working on it in the computer for several minutes as if she's having a hard decision choosing stuff and going back and forth with the other windows. We were there sitting in front of her like 15 minutes what should come up in the computer. I thought she was playing or checking something. Giving confirmation or saying it's done shouldn't take that long. Until she said she's working on something and if we mind walking around the store and come back after 30 minutes, and we did. Maybe it was too hard and complicated to place that kind of order.

When we came back, another person was working on our request. Finally, she came back to us and gave us the order sheet or something, if we agree or not. The carpet was just $165 and I was glad, only to find that another $95 is required to have the edging fixed or something. So my total now is $265 plus! I started to reason out to myself that, yeah I think it should amount to $265 plus and it's okay. So I signed up. Now, the hard part of waiting is here! We were promised it should be available in few days, and 72 hours as advertised should mean 3 days - which I was hoping.

After a week, my wife began to wonder why we're not having the carpet yet! We should have bought somewhere else where it could been delivered right away! She visited HD store to ask about the status and got some blurry dates and places where it is coming from like Dallas or somewhere else. After few hours the attendant called her back while driving home and the status changed about dates of arrival and who's bringing what!

Now, it's been 2 weeks, going 3 weeks. She called HD back and the guy finally gave her the UPS tracking number. She sent to me the UPS tracking # and saw that it was shipped 3/31/2017! My gosh we were there 6 days before! And with very slow UPS city to city transfer, I think it would take another 1 week plus. I was thinking, we were living 20 years before and expecting a service that long of more than a month to have an extremely and meticulously made carpet with advertisement of 72 hours! Thank you Home Depot! But you have broken the promise, you should change the 72 hours (3 days) with 3 weeks, or 3 bi-monthly. It's just disgusting.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

I ordered a full kitchen appliance set and they couldn't hook up the dishwasher on the initial delivery because they couldn't. That was 3/29/17. The microwave was dented so they came back today to put in the new microwave and hook up the dishwasher. The dishwasher was left as they left it. And when they unwrap the dishwasher it also was dented. So that means 50% of my "brand new" appliances were damaged and I didn't pay for damaged appliances. But because we didn't unwrap the dishwasher we left it for them to unwrap and install (or there could have been risk of damage when they moved it from the garage to the kitchen. Now I'm being told "You missed your 48 hour window and so now you're out of luck and we won't do anything." That is totally unacceptable!!

Location: Berlin, NJ Home Depot. Saturday April 1, 2017. On this date Manager Aaron ** refused to sell me the reduced/clearance CULL LUMBER 16 footers 16 pieces vinyl coated decking, clearly marked spray paint purple on the CULL cart. I noticed the cull lumber Friday night, the technician scanned it to give me the original price $35.97 and quoted me 75% off. I asked if it would be here tomorrow for me to pick up. He said yes! They been sitting on the cart for WEEKS. I returned Saturday night with a truck. I go to the cashier told them it was 75%off, she called head cashier he said 70% off. I asked to speak to the manager, to my dissatisfaction not only was the 75% off honored he clearly said, "I can't sell these to you they're not clearance." I reminded him that the technician informed me that they been reduced for weeks, sprayed on the ends as all cull lumber.

The Manager Aaron ** said, "SORRY, I can't sell them to you at that price, I can reduce $100 off the total." Quite frankly NOT acceptable as a customer for over 20 years, I am being punished for an error on Home Depot part. So much for honoring what customer is informed/sees. Home Depot needs serious overseeing in their departments, cause these items have been physically painted on the ends to show they're CULL lumber, not to mention sitting on the CULL cart for weeks. I would like an explanation or for Home Depot to contact and HONOR the merchandise clearance price I was quoted 70 or 75% OFF. I have pictures on cell phone marking the spray painted lumber BLUE.

Went on website to complain about products needed to be delivered and saw the LG refrigerator. OMG, I purchased same triple door with same ice maker issues. At least the delivery of my appliances was acceptable. I am building a new house 1 mile from the Oxford, MA Home Depot. As a former Home Depot Shareholder and customer thought this would be a good thing? First major purchase was a set of custom garage doors $4K. Was told Delivery company would call an hour before delivery. Delivery company never called, I call them and was told they were running late. OK. They never came or called. Delivered product next day (Sunday) and dropped product in the driveway of new construction on a busy street. I was not happy, forget wife.

Next, made the mistake of buying custom doors and Andersen windows ($18K). Same story different day. My wife took the day off from work to wait for the 1 hr advance phone call and I scheduled workers to be on site. You guessed it, no phone call. My wife runs to the grocery store a mile away and crew goes to lunch. While gone delivery was made. A $4K custom door and transom was taken out of a protective crate and left in a puddle of mud. Three (3) crates of windows were dropped on the ground with obvious breakage. In total 4 windows were broken. Home Depot employees came up to view and take pictures. Windows had to be reordered.

Somehow thinking things would get better I order $3K worth of Whirlpool tubs to be delivered. While with my wife on 2 separate occasions I tell store employee that the absolute only way we purchase these items would be if Home Depot employees would deliver. Could it happen a third time? You got it! What ** idiots! But, to be truthful, I'm the idiot for going back there. Shortly after ordering the bathroom fixtures my wife and I complete a $30K custom kitchen order. So angry I go to find the store Manager but some nitwit Assistant very impressed with himself thinks he will "run road block". Needless to say customer satisfaction means nothing to the ** management at the Oxford Home Depot. The following day I sold my Home Depot shares and canceled the kitchen order. They may think that they are "Too Big to Fail" but they are not. Time to try Lowe's... Or anyone else.

I would recommend for everyone to think twice before buying anything from the Home Depot online store... it's a complete mess!!! My nightmare started in the beginning of this month March 2017 when I had made a huge mistake purchasing a pallet of bricks for my yard. Unfortunately I had an emergency reason why I cancelled the order the following day. The employee who answered the phone told me that the order would still be delivered at the end of March and would be returned to the storage and that's when my money would be reimbursed.

This sounded bad to me and for that reason I went directly to the store located in Sheridan Hollywood, Florida. The lady who helped me also said that the info I got was incorrect, she made a few phone calls and told me that the order was cancelled and the issue resolved. The next thing that happened is that I started being attacked and harassed with phone calls from this people asking me if I was ready to receive the merchandise. I kept telling them that the order was cancelled but the phone calls continued, sometimes as many as five times per day!!!

Today, March 30th, I am out of the country. I already spent at least 145 minutes calling Home Depot to get an explanation why my money hasn't being reimbursed after a month, why I still continue getting the phone calls to set a date for the delivery, but unfortunately whoever answers the phone keeps putting me on hold, telling me that they will call me back, refusing to transfer me to a Manager, or simply hanging up the phone on me. Something I know for sure is that I will never buy anything from them due to their lack of consideration from their customers!!!

So went to old Home Depot where the customer service reps congregate like they work in a union. Well in NJ at least. So I asked for a Lock set for a garage door. A simple lock to insert in my garage door. The rep says "let's look it up! Oh joy! Oh yes we have it in stock at our WAREHOUSE." MY REPLY WTF. 500 thousand sq ft, they don't have a lousy lock set that costs a whopping $9.00...

Last experience with Home Depot, sent someone to get two specific hoses for a sink. The plumbing department told us what we were doing was wrong. The parts were incorrect so I went over. Lol. They did not have the length of hose I needed so they sold us what they had in stock! I hope people go elsewhere. Supply houses like we did... The total from Home Depot on that day was 35.00 in wrong parts... Plumbing supply MOM & POP $12.00 RIGHT PARTS... YOU get what you pay for in life and Home Depot needs to fire their staff and get robots. Way easier than having to employee Americans...

Hi, we have just purchased a brand new Samsung fridge from Home Depot in Placerville CA, supposed to be delivered last Friday at our new house. We paid the delivery and removal fee for the old one. We got the call on Friday morning, the delivery truck is on his way, have the old one ready to pick up. We take the food out and the frozen item. We get a phone call telling us the truck can’t make it. My husband who is disabled (3 back surgery) take his truck and meet the 2 drivers, and haul it on the truck. The driver said: He can't drive in someone else truck to finish delivery but will send another truck to pick up the old fridge.

We try to unload my husband and I, but couldn't bring it out the stairs. It's a huge and brand new model. We had to call 3 friends who made it by 3ish. When they finally opened it up, there are dents on top left door and bottom right. We lost an entire day, not even mentioning taking care of the food, finding friends willing to drop what they are doing to finish Home Depot delivery and finding there are dents. It's a $3209 stainless fridge, you had the taxes, the delivery, we are talking about $3800. The story doesn't stop there, I called on Tuesday. After going through all the number to dial, press and being on hold, I talk to one of the supervisor, she tell me to send pictures and I will be call in 30 min. After 2 hours, I call back, she is gone for the day, but the closing manager will give me an answer before 5, because their drivers are contracted with Home Depot, and he wants to hear the story.

We just bought a brand new range last month and need to do some work in our new house, it will definitely not be Home Depot that we will choose. We feel totally lied, used to our advantage, it's deplorable. Today is Wednesday, I'm still waiting for an answer and financial compensation. Do I have to mention that my old fridge is on the deck still to be pick by the contracted drivers who can’t make a delivery because their truck is too big and unfit? We think that in today's world when competition and media attention can change buyers decision, well Home Depot has definitely a lot of training to do with their employees and after sale services.

In the beginning of January I went to my local Home Depot for a quote on a garage I would like to build the summer (June, July) I gave them the basics (the size of building, the size and number of windows, size of garage doors, and so on) The quote came in at $17,800 not bad I thought. The Pro desk manager and I discussed in detail that (1) I wouldn't want anything until June or July and (2) that I was able to change items before they were ordered. (special order items) Of course my prices would go up or down depending on what I ordered and what he put in for the quote. Neither of us really got into detail about the windows, doors and other special order items. June was a long way away. To this day I still have yet to look at any spec and pictures about windows and doors.

Later that month I got a call from that Home Depot saying that if I came down before the end of the month they would do that quote for the garage for $15,000. Looking to save over a couple of thousand I said why not. So I came down and signed the papers for the garage. This was the worst mistake of my life. In February I started to receive e-mails that the special order items were placed. I called the Pro desk right away and the pro manager got right on it and stopped all the orders at least that what he thought. In the middle or end of February I got a call that my windows were in. WHAT! I didn't order any windows yet, these were the windows that the manager at the pro desk put in the quote. They are not what I want or would have ordered.

Since then I have been battling with the store manager about these windows. She says that they are mine. It is what I ordered, (since I sign the papers) I tell her that I never ordered any windows and that the windows and other special order items were all subject to change, for this is what I was told and nothing was to he ordered until June. Well the windows slipped thru the cracks and there they were. I have both the store manager and the pro desk manager on tape stating that everything else has been canceled and the windows slipped thru the crack and they were a mistake. I have made many, many calls to the customer care center at Atlanta Georgia and several trips to the local HD. But the store Manager is sticking to her guns that the windows are mine.

As of right now I am trying to cancel the rest of my order since to seems that HD is going to make me eat these windows. Which I am not happy at all about and if that is what is going to be then I would just like to never give them another dime of my money. I know I will never shop in their stores ever again. I cannot believe that the customer does not come first. That the customer should be happy with their purchase. HD only cares about the bottom line and not about the customer. This fight is not over by a long shot I will check with the credit card company, the BBB, the New York state Attorney General and my local State Senator on my rights as a consumer. Also looking into my legal rights with a lawyer.

I can't believe that management would not look at the bigger picture and see that I have spent $10,000 at their store on a roof and just recently on a bathroom. I would be spending more money if they treated me right and gave me what I want, for I have other projects that I plan on doing within the next several years. I warn anyone that is looking to do business with HD to stop and check everything don't sign anything. Stay away from the big box stores and go to your local lumber yard that you can talk to and work with and will work with you on your project. This has been the worst experience I have ever had with any company. The one good thing out of all this is the store got a gold cup for the best in sales for the district. I was there when they were handing in out. I'm thinking they will never get one for the best in customer relations.

I contacted both LG then Home Depot about my purchase and defect with their product. LG confirmed that this was a KNOWN DEFECT, which I conveyed to Home Depot. Purchased 11/1/2013, delivered 11/5/2013. Product LFX31945SST, 30.5 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator in Stainless steel. $ 3499.00, 3 yr. Protection plan 90.00, water line $ 9.99, move existing appliance $ 15.99. Home Depot said I was out of warranty that they could refer me to LG's website and/or number. Again I conveyed that I had already spoken to them that what they offered was an extended warranty for $366. plus dollars for 60 days to make repair.

I told Home Depot again it was a known defect, that I was just told that by LG. Home Depot said that they could refer me to a local repair service, at my expense. I told Home Depot that I would no longer shop for LG products and that I would not do any further business with them. My suggest to you is to vote with your dollars at other stores and not buy from LG or Home Depot because they do not stand behind what they sell.

I'm in the beginning stages of what is already showing frustration on my part. Purchased an LG french door Dec 2014. Bought the 5 year extended warranty. Today is the first time I'm having to use it due to an ice maker problem. Unit is not replenishing ice as needed. Called The Home Depot for the phone number to set up an appointment for a technician to come out. I was given the 800 number, called and customer service rep tells that the store would have to handle my claim. I call the store back and am told that was the right number. Call back the 800 number and am given an 877 number which the recording tells me that if the product was purchased before 2011 stay on the line, if after call back the original 800 Home Depot number. So far they have struck out royally. But do they give a **. I will be in the appliance department first thing Monday morning with a definite chip on my shoulder. I will enter a new review once I know where I stand.

Updated on 03/13/2017: Today I called the local store and asked only for an appliance specialist. She walked me through the protocol and when I objected she gave me further instructions, therefore I finally made the appointment for a technician to come to my residence. I will accept whatever I was wrong about but still feel that untrained employees caused my run around. I am happy now!!!

NEVER BUY FENCING FROM THE HOME DEPOT. They never call you back, they lie to you, one of the managers was very rude to me. They break their own company policies especially with delivery. They delivered a pallet of concrete. They left the top open with no cover. It got wet or was wet on delivery. They did not tell me when they were delivering, I never signed for it like you're supposed to. Then they tried to blame me for the issue.

The order to put the fence together took a week because they tell you they are working on it but really aren't when you call back. They tell you there is missing parts so we need to wait for them to come in to deliver to you. Weeks go by then it's changed to special order no missing parts. Meanwhile you're waiting all this time and before you know it, it's taken a month for a fence to show up plus all the aggravation just to get it. I filed with the BBB. They are supposed to be in the fencing business if you're running low you order more. YOU DON'T MAKE THE PAYING CUSTOMER SUFFER... PEOPLE GO TO LOWE'S.

Had delivery for today for washer-dryer. Got everything moved and gave our old washer and dryer to a family and took the day off from work. Got a call yesterday that delivery was going to be around 7-11. No dig deal. Got called around 10 that delivery will not be until Thursday... acceptable the reason was it was not going to be there until Thursday, well I found out our appliances were at the warehouse and that we could pick them. NO WAY that I'm going to be picking them. I also stated that I would wait all day and night just to have them here. NOPE. So now I have to wait until Thursday and take another day off. Is Home Depot understand what I'm going through? Probably not. I just don't like being lie to. If they just told me the truth in the first place I would not be writing this review.

I purchase a leaf blower which broke down after 3 months. I called the 800 number on the blower. The operator said to take the equipment back to the store I purchased. I spoke with the manager who said there is nothing he can do. He said after 30 days it's out of his hands. I explained that I would have to take a day off work (I work 12 hrs a day. I sell cars). Anyway, he was no help, and I felt very inconvenience. What a waste of money and time. I will never shop at Home Depot again.

We purchased a Whirlpool Gold refrigerator from Home Depot, including the protection plan. We thought something was odd early on because it was cold but never really cold and it never produced enough ice. In May 2016 we noticed an extensive build up of frost behind the deli tray and the unit getting warmer; freezer items melting. Called Home Depot for the warranty and they sent someone out to fix it. That technician found that there were wires in the back panel inside the refrigerator section that weren't connected. Afterward, the unit the same with it being cold, but not very, and still poor ice production.

6 months later... excessive frost, no ice, not cooling, freezer warm. Called Home Depot warranty, they sent a technician who found that wires to the fan in the back of the refrigerator were not connected. The compressor was overheating and had burned one of the circuit boards. That took two weeks fix - one week to get a technician to the house and another to wait for the new part. That's two weeks without a refrigerator, putting all of our perishables into 4 different coolers and buying ice every night. After it was fixed, the ice machine wasn't producing any ice so we called Home Depot Warranty again. Another technician came out and found that one part of the ice machine needed to be replaced. This took two weeks again - one week for the technician to come out and one week for the part.

One month later, we notice that the food in the refrigerator is feeling warmer. Once again, behind the deli drawer, there was excessive frost build up and the temperature inside the refrigerator was 52 degrees. When I called Home Depot for the fourth time, they refused to replace my refrigerator because it was their "policy" to only replace after three attempts to fix it for the same reason.

Clearly Whirlpool shipped out a refrigerator that wasn't completely assembled and Home Depot delivered it to us. The unit is a lemon that should have failed Whirlpool's quality control and Home Depot's protection plan should back up the products they sell, collect what was poor quality control from the manufacturer, and deliver a fully functioning, quality checked, completely assembled product to their customer - me! Instead, they're making us repeatedly deal with a defective product.

Home Depot's customer service agents simply quote their policy that replaced can ONLY happen after three service calls for the SAME issue. They are locked behind the company's red tape and offer no flexibility or responsibility for their company's peddling a defective product. Sometime parts break, and this is what a warranty should be for. But this is a clear case of a manufacturing problem. In the meantime, my refrigerator is becoming a Frankenstein's monster from all of the technician's visits. Home Depot is paying for each visit and we have received reimbursement for the loss of perishable food. But they are failing to recognize that it's not about a broken part, it's about distributing a partially built appliance. Home Depot's advertising of "If we can't repair it, we'll replace it" fails to convey the red tape you'll go through to receive a working appliance.

I purchased a refrigerator and dishwasher from home on 01/01/17 and it was delivered on 02/08/17. Upon delivery it was determined that the refrigerator handle was not closing properly. Therefore, the delivery guys took it back. Meanwhile, I did not receive any phone call from Home Depot to at least brief me on the issue and when to expect the replacement.

When I called home depot customer service the Nanuet, NY branch regarding the refrigerator issue they notified that a replacement would be delivered. However, they did not have the courtesy to inform me if I had not call to follow-up. Also, upon installing the dishwasher it was not determined that there was a leak. However, the customer service did not call to follow up even though the delivery guys had informed them. Home depot has a very poor customer service and does not treat customers with respect. Not very informative with customer follow-up and when you call them for answers they are very rude and would tell you to call the manufacturer.

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. Nope, I'm mad! My wife and I purchased a Electrolux washer and dryer for our new house. We have had each of them for three years. Each one has been fixed multiple times and we have been unable to do our laundry for several months within those three years. We have spent hundreds of dollars at the laundry mat. All the service techs they have sent out here except for one were clueless on what to do. Also more than once the wrong parts have been ordered.

The best advice I can give you is call them every day and ask for an update on the status of your claim. I'm now to the point where I will be requesting they call my local Home Depot and speak with a manager. I then want them to call me back giving me the name of the person that they spoke with, their title, and their phone number. After I receive this information I will be going to my local Home Depot where the products were purchased with my attorney to see what they are willing to do to rectify the problem. I'm certainly not holding my breath or getting my hopes up. I have never been more frustrated and disappointed in a company in my entire life. I would not recommend the Home Depot protection plan even to my worst enemy!

Every time I visit Home Depot I can NEVER get any assistance so I decided to place an online order this time all to no avail. I placed my order on 2/20 with an expected date to pick up at the store of at most 03/01. We'll come 03/01 nothing so I call the store. Placed on hold twice for 30 mins each then told that they are awaiting my credit application. WHAT CREDIT APPLICATION?!!! Is someone using my info IDK?. I say no and that I paid for my order. Placed me back on hold. Another person gets on the line and she says, "Can I have your name and phone, and order number?" I ALREADY DID THAT. So I give it AGAIN all for her to say that the order has not been put together let alone shipped. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! So I ask for a refund and she tells me that she cannot process a return for me until the item gets to the store and they cancel it. WHO IS THIS PLACE?!!!

I like Home Depot but the delivery service is straight from hell. They were two hours late and no one called me I had to call them and ask what the problem was. Then the lady said she called me, that was a Lie. I will never order anything else from home depot. I will take my money to Lowe's!!!

On February 17th, 2017 I ordered a Maytag dishwasher and a Maytag French Door Refrigerator with total charges being $2105.57. I placed it on our Home Depot Credit card since we received an offer for no interest if paid in 18 months.We received delivery on February 22, 2017. Delivery men were very cordial and helpful. Appliances have been wonderful so far. However, when I logged onto my account today I found that my order had been doubled and I was charged $4211.14. Upon calling HD, I encountered a not so cordial customer service person by the name of Carlton. Who could not understand what I was saying about being charged for a double order (THAT I DID NOT PLACE)!

He finally contacted someone to verify with the drivers that I did not receive 2 sets of appliances and she gave him the order number of the actual order that I did receive. He then informed me that I would not receive a credit on my account until Home Depot contacts Whirlpool to get an RG number for those returned goods THAT I DID NOT PLACE AN ORDER FOR, NOR DID I GET DELIVERY ON! I spoke with a supervisor that was less than pleasant (KETURAH **) and she informed me of the same. She said it was no fault of Home Depot's that the order was doubled and that there was no possible way that the online site could have doubled my order. Ms. ** said it would be 3-5 Business days before I would receive a credit for something that was not my error!

If I only received one set of appliances and I did not order but one set of appliances and the other set was supposedly not delivered, but is sitting in the warehouse as per the delivery men, then would it not stand to reason that I am not in possession of them and my account should be credited?!! The only thing I am happy about is that I did not use a debit card to purchase these appliances or at this time I would have $4211.14 out of my account while they sit on their thumbs! Not one time was there even a hint of an apology from any of the three employees. Very unprofessional.

Customer service and how complaints are handled speaks volumes to me! When these appliances were the same price at Lowe's and HHGregg (I did my homework), with the same offer of free financing, but I chose to use Home Depot, that tells me that next time I will deal with a company that IS MORE PROFESSIONAL, COURTEOUS AND ACCOMMODATING TO THEIR CUSTOMERS.

I was charged $5100.00 for a $7000.00 bill when I hadn't paid off the total amount of my bill within the 24 month promotional time period. I was paying enough money plus more but it was not all being taken off of the promotional total. Their bookkeeping is designed to have us not pay the bill off on time. Living a busy life I wasn't following the payments and the credits - just paying my monthly bill. If I hadn't gone back to Home Depot to make a purchase I would not have known that I was being charged $5,100.00. After complaining about it to the company they told me that if I paid off the balance within 20 days that the fee was put on, the interest would come off. Fortunately, I found out with three days left. No courteous phone call, nothing. This is the way they make an unbelievable return on their investment. WATCH OUT! I love Home Depot but who they do business with matters.

In the summer of 2016 I had won 2 Home Depot gift cards from the PA lottery for $500 each. Shortly after I was sent 2 e gift cards to replace the gift cards I had originally been sent stating that the originals were no longer valid. In August my fiancee printed them out. On December 21st she checked the balance. Both were $0!!

Immediately she contacted the lottery who then contacted Home Depot. The lottery office contacted HD who said the cards were used in a California store on Sept 15th, 16th, 17th. Mind you I live in Pa. My fiancee then called HD herself to inquiry. After being hung up on and transferred multiple times she finally spoke to Brian who politely said this has happened before and often times the cards are used in California stores. He seemed very sincere that he wanted to rectify this issue on the phone. He took our information and stated that after he submitted our claim to his supervisor we should receive 2 new gift cards in the mail in about 2 weeks.

January 18th I called back to check the status. No one had any idea what I was referring to nor did have any idea who this mystery employee Brian was. Once again being transferred multiple times between customer service and CashStar their gift card supplier I was in contact with Sue **. Sue verified the cards were used in California and also said the purchaser used a contractor rewards card. She took the e card info and said she was going to contact Loss prevention of the store in question and get back to me 2 days later.

Subsequently she contacted me 8 days later only to ask if the lottery office contacted me. When I stated they hadn't she replied that she would call them and get back to me. It is now over a month later. March 1st and nothing. Now Sue stated this has never happened but I've scrolled through all 1600 customer reviews on this site and apparently Sue is mistaken because I have found other complaints of the same issue occurring. This is not the only site that I have found this problem being expressed either. Update: after leaving a rather livid message on Sue's answering service last evening I promptly received a call this morning with a willingness to correct this issue.

2 companies to inform you about. First, Home Depot. Their protection plan is a sham. I paid $125 for an extended warranty on my washer. Filed a claim. After a week, they still had no projected repair date. Tell me to fix it 3rd party and send them a bill because they can't comply to the contract. It will take a lawsuit to get reimbursed. 2nd, PDQ Repair came out to diagnose, returned to repair but lo and behold doesn't have the part necessary even though he already diagnosed it, this being the third trip and day off work, and he can't get here till noon. The part was in Friday but like most unprofessional service companies, put me off. Today they actually had the gall to ask me if I wanted them early or later. I wanted my machine fixed 2 weeks ago. How do I get my equipment properly fixed if no one wants to put any effort into it?

Home Depot in Appleton WI has to be the worst most pathetic store I have ever been. Besides being discriminating and treat you like you are a common criminal the customer service there is virtually non existent. I have had nothing but problems from their rude and ignorant credit service people to their cashiers. I was treated like I was wasting THEIR time. My husband spend an hour getting things for our home when he needed to step out for FIVE minutes to check on our credit card and let the cashier know nonetheless.

He comes back inside and everything was taken and put away. The moronic lady at the rest did not even have the respect to apologize but gave him an attitude. Didn't even offer to help him relocate the items. I am so sick to my stomach of how pathetic this store is and I will never buy anything from this company as long as I am able to. I don't know who trains these employees and how they manage to stay working there but I will make sure that everyone I know does not buy a single object from that store.

We bought our Samsung fridge in 2014 from Home Depot. We bought the extended warranty. In June 2016 the ice maker quit and water is pooling below the crisper. On July 4th Home Depot had a tech scheduled to come out. He never showed up or called. Since then the ice maker has been fixed or replaced 5 times by Home Depot. They have scheduled 8 visits to my house to repair the fridge. 3 of those the repairman never showed up. I have spent more money taking off work for repairs than I paid for the fridge.

Now a Home Depot employee MS ** tells me on the phone the fridge is covered by a lemon law that states after 5 repairs they replace or refund our money. Here it is the 6th repair I make the call and they call me back saying we are declining to replace or refund your money and that they will be scheduling another repair. I'm talking to a lawyer Monday. My Home Depot card is being destroyed and I would rather buy an acre of land in hell from satan than buy so much as a carpenter pencil from Home Depot!

It's been 3 months so far and my Maytag freezer still isn't fixed. I've had 6 scheduled appointments so far. The first appointment the nobody showed up. Apparently there was a disconnect between Asurion (they manage the protection plan for Home Depot) and Precision Appliances (the servicing company). The service technician never showed.

The second appointment someone showed. They opened the door, took a few pics and said he had to order some parts. I thought this person must be good to just open the door and know what the issue is. I submitted a food loss claim, I verbally updated my address in addition to writing the correct address on the claim form, yet they still sent the reimbursement to my old address. I called and spoke to several people and got different stories from everyone. Eventually someone knew what to do and got the check to us.

Third appointment the service technician returned, 2 HOURS AFTER the appointment window, and replaced the parts he said went bad. So I went shopping for food. A week later I noticed the top shelf wasn't freezing and frost began to collect at the bottom again. Another appointment was scheduled and parts were ordered, Asurion thought it was the seal and a gasket. When they called to let me know my appointment window I verified that the technician would bring the seal and gasket. He showed up with the same parts he had already replaced. NO SEAL AND NO GASKET. He said he had to order the seal and gasket.

A week went by and I didn't hear from them, I called and they said they didn't ordered the parts because he didn't take a picture of the freezer. He's taken a picture EVERY time he's come out. They were going to close the claim if I hadn't called that day. They found the picture in their records and ordered the parts. I hadn't heard from them for another week so I called again, they got the parts and scheduled another appointment. 2 hours into my appointment window I called to see how many people were in front of me and get a better idea of their ETA. They contacted the technician and he wasn't coming, they said he forgot the parts.

I have left many complaints with both Asurion and Precision Appliances, and there is no accountability. Three times I was supposed to receive a call back from supervisors and a supervisor has NEVER called me back. I have another appointment next week but I have no faith my freezer will ever be fixed under the Home Depot Protection Plan. I have wasted so much of my time and energy for this disappointing failure. I wish I would have read this page before purchasing the protection plan.

Couldn't open the oven when we got it, brand new GE product, technician check oven, said "Not repairable." Then after that Home Depot said, 'Can't refund. You gotta call GE for refund." After 2 months throwing the ball, "Call Home Depot, no call GE," no calling back whatsoever, after 2 months we brought it back ourselves and still won't refund. Next step -- customer protection!!!

Home Depot Company Profile