Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.87/5

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Home Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

We recently remodeled our bathrooms. The tile contractor would not get involved in where to buy the material. He did suggest Home Depot. I had been a long time Lowe's customer and was wary of Home Depot big box reputation for poor service. I placed my entire material order online from the convenience of my office. I made one trip to our local Clovis Ca store for the purpose of seeing the tile we were ordering. Young lady in tile was new and needed some training and experience. But, we did finally locate the tile we wanted to see. The tile, grout, Schluter edge molding, faucets and plumbing accessories came in perfect and either ahead of delivery or on the date stated. Packaging was perfect. Needed help from customer service twice. Both times the wait was short. The people spoke English and they got me the answer I needed. Home Depot is now my go-to HI project company.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I see many customers reviewed the store as bad. That is the case where I am going against the public opinion of majority. I don't know company in the US with better customer service than Home Depot. Of course, there are some disadvantages. There are bad and sometimes even rude employees (mostly novices). However most of my visits to this store were more than great. No problems with returns, no problems with parking, no problems with restrooms, no problems with variety of tools available. Again, there are some disadvantages, but let's compare it with other stores. Lowe's is overpriced, Walmart is persecuting its own customers (e.g. Walmart blocked my account without reasonable explanation), ACE is harassing customers just because of parking. Home Depot is the store I really love. Among competitors, it is the best. I wish the best to this company.

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Home Depot has always been my go to for shopping for home improvements/maintenance and garden improvements. As a woman who has plenty of questions for help on ideas I have, their employees have always been very helpful and patient! I do find it hard to find an employee to ask as they’re not always over staffed and I need to take someone away from another section to question as I find it overwhelming to go about finding items on my own sometimes in such a vast sea of selection. I appreciate the help more because of this and wish that maybe they would have a customer counter for that purpose alone, for questions on item. Location over having to roam and search for an employee. My experience has always been good at Home Depot. I will be a chromed for life.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Home Depot, I have been shopping at Home Depot for over 30 years in several different states and two counties, they always seem to have what I need at a fair price. Finding help when needed is not always easy but when you do they seem to have the knowledge of the department items I'm needing help in. I like the parking arrangements i.e. defecated Spots for Pro desk and for vehicles pulling trailers. This is really helpful when I pull my small trailer for pick up. Selection: selection of items is great, if I am shopping for garden and yard tools or plants and supplies they have it, or carpentry tools and materials they have it, or plumbing, electrical, flooring home appliance and furnishings i.e. window covers also windows and doors, you name it if you're fixing up your house, shop or out buildings. Need well supplies they have them too.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Thank you Home Depot for helping to keep us safe in these challenging times. This morning I went to the Home Depot on Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. in West Palm Beach, FL. I was tentative about going to any store but knew this store had the ability to self check out with store associates near enough to answer questions. This eased my mind. Further, all associates were properly wearing masks. I saw three men helping load a truck and they were all wearing masks. The staff in the garden area were all wearing masks properly. Carts were waiting as I entered the garden area so my time was well used. The staff greeted me to let me know they were available and as a courtesy. I was able to get what I needed and check out in an efficient manner. Thank you again for helping to keep us all safe!

Original review: May 11, 2021

Beware ordering from Home Depot online and requesting direct delivery of a Ryobi Electric riding mower. I had to wait a month for the mower and then the last mile shipping agent sent me a mower that was seriously damaged. The driver was very apologetic however stated that they in fact loaded this heavily damaged mower and his manager insisted they bring it to me and try to get me to sign for it. This is what Home Depot tolerates. I was so looking forward to getting this product and now I am totally turned off from Home Depot. Buyer beware, last mile delivery by Home Depot is horrible. While they did give me a refund, it takes time to process, yep they took my $3k right away but it will take 4-5 days to get it back. Oh yeah, they would have happily kept it and put me in for another mower, which also would take a month to get here by the same shipper. NO THANKS Home Depot. Never again.

Original review: May 10, 2021

I would like to file a complaint. We ordered almost 5000.00 dollars worth of appliances the first of April. We was told they would be delivered on May 5th. We live in the county. We was told they only deliver to the county on Wednesdays. Well on the 5th Home Depot brings a semi truck to our county address. The truck wouldn't make it up our concrete driveway. I was told it was ok because they have a smaller truck and would deliver on Monday. Well I wait all day today. I started calling at 8:00 am. Just to find out the truck guy lied to me. It was his last day of work and he didn't care. So I was told they could bring the same semi again this Wednesday. Which would probably be the same outcome.

So by the end of the day I go back to home depot to just get a refund. The manager of the store was a great help and very nice. Long story short, our refund is in the process. We've had Lowe's deliver several things to our home. We've had concrete and dump trucks make it to our home. But home depot can't. After this ordeal we will never shop at home depot again. We should've been told when we bought the appliances that a semi must be able to make it to your home.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I placed an online order at Home Depot for a hardtop gazebo on my 4/7/21 and was given a delivery date of 4/16/21. The delivery date came and I called on 4/25/21 to inquire about the changing dates on the HD website and to let them know that the tracking system indicated no record of my order. Today is 5/1/21 and in 3 days, there is a payment due on the card I used for this purchase...and I still don't have my gazebo! I asked to speak with a supervisor but they are non-existent. I asked for a refund but they don't want to do it because my item is "in transit." I will never make an online purchase with HD again and am going to close my credit account with this joke of a company. I checked on 4/29 and saw a delivery date of 5/3/21 and today, 5/1/21, the delivery date changed again...to 5/4/21! Maybe I'll have in time for my birthday on 5/18! That's it...They want to surprise me ;-(

Original review: May 1, 2021

I was paying for my items at cash register, when suddenly clerk yelled, "Stop, stop do you have a receipt?" A young man with a cart load of items walked right out the door, I said, "Are you going to do anything," and cashier/clerk said, "No, company policy states do not pursue. As a employee could be hurt," which I understand, but as a paying customer I started thinking if more customers can walk into store and fill up a cart and walk out of store without paying, or doing nothing when a person is stealing, isn't this promoting stealing? Also if this is happening at all stores who ends up paying more for item, you guessed it the paying customer, very sad to see.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Contractor desk overestimate my deck project, make me spend much more money than I needed, then I wanted to return some composite decking boards. I did. Later I wanted to return some separators for decking (3 small boxes), they said I couldn't because it was bought more than 3 months ago. What is going on? They made a mistake and need to eat it?

Home Depot Company Information