1.27/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2507 Home Depot Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Our experience with Home Depot started good and ended good. But months between start to finish was not. The installer came out and measured for the door, we then went in on Oct 28, 2018. We were told it would be 3wks and our door would be in. I was waiting for a call or an email and when I still hadn’t heard anything 4wks after placing the order, that’s when it all fell apart.

I received several different dates on when it would be in. They couldn’t seem to find a tracking number and being shuffled around talking to different people, I finally got someone that actually took the time to do some detective work. I also called the door company and got a few of my own answers. Needless to say we did not get our door until after the 1st of the year. Our door was installed Jan 18, 2019. We have now started to replace our flooring, my husband wanted to give them another chance. We are now on the 2nd week since the flooring was ordered. We were told a week. This is fantastic customer services.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

HOME DEPOT WHERE IS MY DISHWASHER? A dishwasher was purchased at your Mobile AL store Schillinger Road on 12/8/2018 Order no **. The same was to be delivered and installed on the 2nd of January, 2019. The delivery guys came and said they cannot install the dishwasher as they did not get something (I do not know what they forgot). They went back with the dishwasher and said they will come on another day. The next day for the delivery was the 7th of January 2019. They came in and they went to stop the hot water line and broke the knob of the stopper and they said the pipe is slightly leaking and hence we need to get it repaired. They took the dishwasher with them back. The same was repaired by us through another plumber and we called the delivery office to come and install the dishwasher.

On the 15th two guys came to install the dishwasher and they asked me where is the dishwasher and my reply was it was taken back by the delivery people. Today I went to your Home Depot store where the dishwasher was purchased and they say it was delivered and I have in writing that the dishwasher was taken back. The same was shown to the Manager at the Home Depot Mrs. **. I left her store at 10.26 and she told me that she would call me within a few hours. I am waiting for her call. We purchased a new fridge, washing machine, dryer, wooden flooring, etc. from this store and every time we had some problems here and there. Extremely disappointed with Home Depot. Just waiting to find out WHERE IS MY DISHWASHER. Hope someone will reply to this email. Just spoke to ** and she said they cannot locate the dishwasher. HOME DEPOT WHERE IS MY DISHWASHER?

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I ordered a pool table from Home Depot. Wrong delivery dates were confirmed 3 times, I waited home for the delivery and nobody showed up. When I call customer care, they say, "It's some third party. We can't do anything." When I tried to reach third party, they said, "You placed an order to Home Depot so talk to them, we can't do anything." Finally, the delivery arrived. BUT the driver wanted me to give him a helping hand in taking down 576 pounds heavy table from his truck. He said he will take it down and will leave in on the road where his truck is parked, it's my responsibility to take it in from there. When I told him I can't do that he said it's not his problem.

I right away arranged people and asked him to take it out of the truck and we will take it from there. All of a sudden he realized and it's too heavy for him to even take it out from the truck on the skid. He said, "I won't take it out." I asked him, "Why did you even come to deliver then?" He said, "It's company's problem that they sent me and I can't do it" and he took the table back. I tried talking to Home Depot's customer service dept, they will hear the problem and hang up - 4 times same practice. I gave up and now just waiting for someone to get back to me and hoping to get the delivery. Very, very poor customer service, never using Home Depot in my life again. Save yourself from this frustration and don't order anything from Home Depot.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Ordered online tub faucet set on 15th, email states delivery in 2 days from another Home Depot store. Set up installation on 3rd day of ordering. On expected delivery date email comes that would be 21st on 21 receive 23rd. When speak to customer service told that it was within delivery dates allowed. Doesn't matter that installation of product was rescheduled 2 times with no shower for week. I won't use Home Depot for emergency products again. Can't count on them.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Sally at Greenwood Village Store Colorado - She has no customer service skills and is beyond rude. Rolling her eyes as she checks customers out. She always has a sour look on her face like she hates her job and people. This location (Greenwood Village Colorado) is overall a great store with wonderful employees. Pro desk Sally is the exception there, and not a good one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Falsely accused of theft - On Friday January 18th, 2019 I went to my local Home Depot store located at 15655 Roy Rogers Dr in Victorville, California. I went to the toilet seat section to make a purchase. I was then approached by two men, one whom appeared to be ** and Mexican (Store Manager) and another ** associate. They then said to me, “One of my associates pointed you out saying that you had a whole bunch of cleaning supplies and denied showing the receipt of your purchase.” They then asked me to leave and told me that I can no longer shop there. I then proceeded to tell them that this was my first time in the store today. The manager then stated that he will check the cameras.

I have numerous issues with this situation and the way it was handled. The first being, the associate should have notified the manager when said issue happened with whomever it happened with and the cameras should have been reviewed at that time, prior to making FALSE accusations. Second, Being a ** man in America, the intimidation and humiliation I experienced for something that I did not do does not sit well with me. I need to be contacted by The CEO in order to resolve this issue, this should have never happened and I refuse to let it happen again to an innocent person, whether they are **, purple, or yellow.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We’ve built our new home and used many departments and interacted with several associates! Dan did our kitchen layout to perfection. When it came time for Appliances, we were fortunate to meet French who also help us with our selections and Stephanie, Kenny, Robert were some other associates that just go out of their way to help!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Do not use Home Depot for anything! I contracted with the company to renovate my kitchen. They said it would take 3.5 weeks. That was two years ago. The contracted backsplash has not been done, though paid for by me and they have refused to do same. They lied to BBB. The project manager at the Chicago Lincoln Park store tries to use a 'sexy' voice and lies, does not schedule per promise. Countertop did poor work and does not do backsplash any more in spite of their arrangement with Home Depot. Horrible cheating, corrupt company. Will not complete contract or refund money paid. DO NOT USE HD!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I recently received a call from a woman who insinuated that she was with Home Depot and she was calling about my recent dishwasher purchase. She then asked me if I had ever had my water tested. That's when I knew she was not with HD and was only trying to sell me an expensive household water filter system. I also recently had a bad experience with another water filter system sales person who showed up at my house, unannounced, at 7pm. He claimed that I had made an appointment with him to have my water tested and that he was with HD. I did NOT have an appointment with him and he was not with HD. He tried to sell me his water filter system and was rude and insulting when I told him I was not interested, he just could not understand why any intelligent person would not want a water filter system.

I asked him how he got my address and he said it was from a survey about water quality I participated in when I was in HD. I recall that survey and the only personal info I provided was my name and email. He had to go to some effort to find my address, or he got the info from HD. The woman who called about my dishwasher purchase told me she got my info from HD. So, HD is sharing its customers purchases and personal info with outside companies who then try to sell you their products/services, all without the customer's permission.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I called two different Home Depot's to find out if they had a product that removed concrete from car paint. I was transferred and passed around 3 times on both calls and then the call was sent back to make another selection. Nobody took accountability. Will make sure I give my business to Lowe's or just order it online through another company.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I bought a Home Depot $100 gift card at Fred Meyer in Auburn WA. When I went to use it at Home Depot the cashier told me there was no money on the card. I had the receipts and original packaging from Fred Meyer. Even with receipts Fred Meyer was not very helpful. Over a half hour on hold before talking to anyone. They are understaffed. I scanned all receipts and was promised a call back within 24 hours. A week later I called back. Another 45 minutes on hold. They looked up the claim number and I was informed the card was used in the Covington WA Home Depot. The card was still in the original packaging and in my safe on the date it was used. Home Depot told me they would get back to me but never did. I went back to the store and one manager told me to file a police report. Another manager was a bit more helpful but hasn’t come up with a solution. I’m out $100. Beware of gift cards. Somehow others can use them even when locked in a safe.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Bought their brand name table and chair set. Chairs rusted in first year and table rusted and peeled in second year. No warranty after two years. They said to pint the affected areas. Tabletop was all welds and rusted. Don't buy this cheap product.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Received a letter from Home Depot that they were unable to refund my money for a furnace where their agreement states in the warranty they will correct or replace each defect and refund the full purchase price. Customer service sent a letter offering me $1000.00 if I signed a settlement and release agreement for a final resolution of this matter.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I chose Home Depot because they promised and confirmed multiple times that they could deliver on Saturday. I called 2 times ahead to confirm delivery. Saturday comes and their delivery service tells me that their truck broke down and they cannot deliver until Tuesday. I reasonably asked if they did not have another truck. They indicated they did not. How does a Fortune 500 company not ensure that their delivery service has more than one truck. I called them to ask if a neighbor and I could come pick up the washer with his pick up. They put me on hold forever! Then told me they only allow pick-ups Monday - Friday. I searched online, found the same washer at Lowe's for $100 cheaper, bought it, picked it up same day. Cancelled my order with Home Depot. I was the only one to find a solution, Home Depot and their delivery service did nothing to help. Never shopping at Home Depot again. Done!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

NEVER BUY APPLIANCES FROM HOME DEPOT!!! Purchased 11-28-18. Delivered 12-26-18, damaged my walls, broke my big mirror, and my mirror clock from slamming the stuff up against the wall. Refrigerator was damaged so they rescheduled for 12-29-18. 12-29-18 they never came, so I call. They said, "Oh no. You're scheduled for 1-05. 1-05 at 5 pm I call and say it has not come yet. They tell me, "Oh your appt is 5:45-8:45. 9 pm guy calls and says he will be here a little over an hour. I said, "Are you serious??? It's gonna be 10:30 pm when you get here." He say, "** you. Now you're not getting it. Call and reschedule." I then go to Home Depot 930 pm and of course they do nothing.

Now this morning I call and they say I'm scheduled for Wednesday 1-9 between 5:45-8:45 pm again, I said, "Why so late, I can't keep people at my house till 10 pm helping with this", they said. "Then Sat..." Mind you I've had no refrigerator since 12-26 and purchased my stuff 11-28. I said, "No. Just send it." So I get it and guess what? It's scratched and dented, I then go to Home Depot store and they said the best they can do is send a new one out on 1-14-18. So 11-28-18 purchase date, and 1-10-19 still don't have my refrigerator.

I've wasted so much money taking off from work, buy food as we need it, ordering out, paying contractors to wait in my house for delivery, and damage to my house. I called corporate and I'm told there's not much they can do because the delivery company has it now!!! I paid Home Depot 3,600.00 and they're gonna tell me they can't do anything. I took off from work 3 days, paid someone 3x to be here to help, have damage done to my property, and was cursed out...

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Been a long time Home Depot customer and used to prefer them over that other major competitor, but times are changing. Went to our local Home Depot here in Sevierville, TN for several days in a row to buy kitchen cabinets and other supplies. I guess if we hadn't been exposed to them so frequently, then maybe the experience would have been better. In general, this store has almost nobody with the ability to help you. Oh, they will ask if they can help you, but if you say yes you might as well have kicked them in the teeth. You can see this almost ghost like expression come over their faces and the look similar to a deer trapped in the tiger cage.

I've actually seen a few turn and almost run away from us when we had a question. Forget personal knowledge of the products, product location or anything similar. Without their trusty cell phone, you might as well ask the guy living under the local overpass where their Loctite thread sealer is at. But here is the kicker. On our last and mean last visit there, we were attempting to check out with a $70 Dremel tool set that would not scan. While the "associate" was peeling off stickers and trying to find the correct bar code, another customer's dog had its nose squarely up my butt. Now mind you, we are dog lovers, but that is ridiculous. Since when did it become acceptable to bring your dogs into every store?

Don't hit me with the "service dog" crap because a real trained service dog will not do that. And yes I did take a shower that morning! Fact is, Home Depot not only cannot provide good service anymore, their extremely social justice policies infringe on everyone else. The ability to shop without worrying about a dog, cat, tiger, chicken or whatever bothering you in the store and potentially biting, jumping on you, spreading fleas, ticks or dirtying your clothes has now been infringed. Sorry, but honest to goodness certified service dogs should happily be accepted, but the general dog population or "emotional" support dogs need to be kept at home.

Unfortunately, this trend has spread to entertainment venues, restaurants and grocery stores because the limp wristed Board of Directors for these companies are more interested in satisfying the minority idiots than worrying about the health and welfare of their majority customers or even the protection of their shareholders from lawsuits. Can't believe I've had to write this, but here you go. As for us, we'll be buying our stuff online, not from Home Deport online, or patronizing our local mom and pop hardware stores. You can enjoy your day in the Home Deport dog park and good luck finding what you need there.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Crappy change in their vets discount policy. In the past if you showed a drivers license with the vets "V" on it or the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA card), then you could get the 10% discount. Now you must show a VA card that shows you have a service connected injury, are retired military or on active duty. So if you were in for one month and went insane and got a medical discharge and VA card, you can get the discount. But if you served your country for 8 years and got an Honorable Discharge, you get no discount. I have no service connected injury, I'm not retired military or on active duty, but I did put in 8 years in the Navy with an Honorable Discharge, but Home Depot does not care. Lowe's does. From now on, only Lowe's for me. So long Home Depot.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Tried to notify homedepot.com about fraudulent charges on my account, and they said they could not give my money back, I would have to wait for my bank to take care of the problem, which will take a week or 2 to get my money back. In the meantime I will have charges hit my account that will cause me to be in overdraft status. SUCKS!!! Since the charges hit my account today, you would think you could back off the charges today!!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Went in store to pay for my dishwasher, was told that it could be delivered three days later. Got a call the night before, and the delivery window was 5 to 7 PM. Got a call at 6:30 PM saying that they were two hours away. Got behind on some stuff. Understandable! So I went out to dinner. Got a call right as I got my glass of champagne. “Five minutes out!” What the hell? I frantically texted the number and said “Why are you so early? You told me I had plenty of time.” They said that I must have spoken to a different person. What? I rushed home, leaving a dinner and expensive drink. NO. ONE. WAS. THERE. I text and said “Where are you? I’m home.” They said “Eating dinner.” Seriously HD?! I hope you see all of these reviews. You are pathetic. You choose crappy delivery services to save a buck. ** you and thank you for losing a good customer.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I applied for a Home Depot project loan. I was approved and received my card within a couple days. I was told the card was activated so I went to buy paint and other things for my project. Upon checkout my card was declined. I called customer service to see why and the card had to be activated. Ok that’s fine. They needed to be sure of my identity so they called my cell phone back. They started to ask me a bunch of random questions about my family and my mortgage.

After the questions they said I had failed so the card could not be activated. I called them back and spoke to a lady who told me to go back to Home Depot and verify my identity with my driver's license. I did that and they still would not activate my card. Come to find out they had sent my card to the fraud department. I called them back and spoke to a very rude lady who refused to answer any of my questions. She would not let me talk at all. I was trying to get to the bottom of this and figure out what I could do. Finally she told me to go back to the store. I left work again and went back over there. The store called customer service and gave me the phone. I had my driver's license my social security with me. They put me on hold and once they came back they called me a liar and canceled my project loan. This place has horrible customer service. They are rude and they call customers liars. Do not go to Home Depot. I would give zero stars if I could.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I have waited around 3 days for the delivery of a barbecue peppered with phone calls to both Home Depot and the shipping company, OnTrac. I have never been able to get through to anyone at OnTrac. I am now on hold to Home Depot on hold for past half hour as I write this. I can't even cancel my order...but I eventually will.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I can't say anything about the Frigidaire range itself because, even though it was purchased and fully paid for at Home Depot on November 23, 2018 and delivery was estimated for December 7, it is now January 5, 2019 and it still has not been delivered. First delivery failure: the evening before delivery day, December 5, we had a robo-call telling us the range would be delivered between 12:45 and 4:45 and the drivers would give us a call about a half hour before arrival. This didn't happen. Around 2 PM the drivers called from the end of our driveway, saying they couldn't get up to the house because the driveway had to be plowed and sanded.

In fact, it had been plowed and sanded the day before and a half inch of fluffy new snow had fallen on it early that morning. The drivers insisted they couldn't get up because they were driving a box truck, but if we had a pickup truck they would put the range in that and we could drive it up to the house. We don't have a pickup, so they advised us to call Home Depot to reschedule. They asked how far down the road they'd be able turn around to head back to their next delivery. When I walked down the driveway a short time later, I saw the drivers had not even attempted to come up the driveway. Their tire tracks were perpendicular to the driveway. This is rural Vermont. We're not used to this kind of failure by business people.

Second delivery failure: the evening before delivery day, December 15, we had a robo-call telling us the delivery would be between 8:45 and 12:45 the following day, and the drivers would give us a call about a half hour before they arrived. This didn't happen. Instead at about 10:15 the delivery truck came up the driveway, and one of the delivery men came into the house. I greeted him and mentioned the delivery failure ten days before. He commented that even though the driveway was bare he'd really had "to gun it" to get up to the house because the tires on the truck were bald. He asked whether our gas range, which they were to take away, had been disconnected. I said the salesman at Home Depot said that the delivery people would "take care of everything."

The delivery man said that in Vermont only a licensed gas technician can disconnect a gas range, and he couldn't touch it. He offered to leave the new electric range in our living room so that we could move it into place once the gas range had been disconnected and we had moved it out of the way. Once that happened, we could call Home Depot and they would schedule an appointment for the gas range to be removed, presumably from our living room. I said this was unacceptable and outside Home Depot's promises about delivery.

The delivery guy said this was not the first time this had ever happened and opined that all they care about at Home Depot is making the sale. He told me he was not working for Home Depot but for a delivery company that in turn was working for GE Appliance Delivery. He said we should call Home Depot to reschedule a new delivery appointment and get the gas company to disconnect the old range before the new date and time for delivery. We did that.

Third delivery failure: the new delivery date was to be some time on January 4. We called our gas company and made an appointment to have them disconnect our gas range as early as possible on January 4. Two days before, January 4 the gas company called to say their technician would be at our home between 8:30 and 10 AM on the 4th, and they would do all they could to see that he was here as early as possible.

The next evening, the evening before delivery, we had a robo-call from Home Depot telling us delivery would be on the 4th between 12:45 and 4:45, and the drivers would call about a half hour before they arrived. It snowed a little overnight between the 2nd and the 3rd, so when our driveway was plowed the afternoon of the 3rd, I asked our plow guy to put down an especially heavy load of sand so the delivery truck would have no trouble getting up even if its tires were bald. He did that and when he was done, the driveway looked like a race track in Kentucky on a sunny day in June.

The gas technician showed up at 8:30 sharp the morning of January 4 and disconnected our gas range. The day was bright and relatively warm. The driveway was sanded, the stairs were clear of ice and snow and the old gas range was disconnected and ready to be carried out of the house. 4:45 came and went. No call from the drivers and no sign of the delivery truck. At five, we called Home Depot. After being on hold forever, the agent at Home Depot came back and said the drivers had run into a problem at the delivery before us and were finishing up and would call when they were on their way. That was 5:30.

By 6:45 we had heard nothing from the drivers and nothing from Home Depot. So we called Home Depot again. This time after an interminable wait on hold, the Home Depot agent came back to say that our appliance had been lost in the warehouse. Lost in the warehouse? Just an hour and a half earlier the story had been that the delivery guys had been hung up with a problem at the delivery before ours and would soon be calling us to say they were on their way. Both stories couldn't be true. I asked to be connected to the agent's supervisor. This was done. The supervisor was sorry about everything or said she was. She seemed as bothered as I was that delivery had been promised the night before when it should have been clear by then that the appliance could not be found in the warehouse. She offered to call the warehouse.

After another long wait on hold she came back to say the worker in the warehouse confirmed that the range could not be found. The warehouse person also said it would take them at least 48 hours to find a replacement appliance and the earliest possible delivery date would be January 11. No stove to cook our meals on for a week? I said this was unacceptable. The agent I was speaking to gave me what she said was the supervisor's phone number in the warehouse. I called and it turned out that this was not the warehouse but a corporate problem resolution agent for GE Appliance delivery.

After a succession of long waits on the phone this agent came back to say she had confirmed everything I'd said, but that there was nothing she could do. But since Frigidaire is really an Electrolux brand I should call Electrolux because they and not Home Depot own the lost range and they could do things GE Appliance delivery could not do, and I should call them in the morning. I did. It's Saturday. The machine at the Electrolux number I was given said they don't do business on the weekend and I should call back Monday.

I called the GE Appliance delivery number again and after speaking to a first level person, I got a supervisor who kept me on hold while he tried to call the warehouse. He came back to say that the warehouse phone referred him to the regional manager's phone and the regional manager's phone referred him to the warehouse so he wrote an email to both asking them to investigate and figure out what to do to get us a range to cook on. He said they'd call me back. That was about nine this morning. Now it's almost noon. Guess what? I haven't heard a word more, not from any of these jokers.

Resolution: if this isn't settled with a new electric range in my kitchen by Monday evening, I will ask my credit card company to credit my payment back to my account. I will call the gas company and have them re-connect my old gas range. I will then sue Home Depot in small claims court for every penny I have spent on installation of the outlet I had installed for the electric range, disconnection and reconnection of my gas range, all the meals we will have eaten outside our home, the extra heavy load of sand I had laid down on my driveway and anything else I spend money and time on to get through this domestic crisis manufactured by Home Depot. And oh yes, I will never set foot in a Home Depot store again or purchase anything from them online. And I will advise everyone I know to avoid them like the plague they are.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I chose Home Depot to install and to purchase carpet as guaranteed free furniture moving, free old carpet removal and to haul off. Free carpet installation. I had to pay for carpet upfront with only a few select choices if one needed installed in their quick installation special. They were to install in one day. It took 2 days and was about one week past the original latest install date. One installer was definitely intoxicated. They pushed the carpet out an upstairs window damaging the storm window. They pushed a empty bookcase instead of lifting it breaking it beyond repair and hid it in an alcove, I discovered after they left.

Home Depot said moving furniture included, after contract signed stated moving did not include specialty beds, pool tables or pianos. The night before installation was supposed to take place I received a call from someone associated with scheduling installers to tell me they would only move 6 pieces of furniture total and I needed to remove any drawers which there were a lot since these were bedrooms. I am 65 years old, and am not supposed to lift, this information was an extreme hardship for me.

I felt Home Depot misrepresented what they would do to entice me to buy. They did send someone to who attempted to repair the previous carpet installation, those installers were appalled by the job that had been done. Home Depot had offered to pay for replacement of bookcase pay for new paint for walls, nothing was ever forthcoming. So much for my feeling they would back up their service, Going with Home Depot does not mean good service, just lip service.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

On Nov. 23, 2018 (Black Friday) I bought a range, refrigerator, over the range microwave and dishwasher (all GE which I will never purchase again either). Initial delivery date was Dec. 14th, 2018. The evening before I received a text that delivery has been postponed to Jan. 2nd, which totally ruined the holiday celebration at my home since everything had to be cancelled as I had no appliances in the house.

On Dec. 28 I called to make sure delivery was on the 2nd and found out that it has been postponed to Jan. 7th. I called HD and had to cancel the range (which was in backorder) so I can have all other 3 items delivered. Then they made a new order for the range and told me it was getting delivered on Jan. 7th. Today (1/4/19) I received a notification that was postponed, once again, to Jan. 22nd when I was guaranteed that the range in the new order was going to be delivered on Jan. 7th. I called again and representative could not care less, he was more concerned in hanging up the call than making any effort to try and help me.

Today's customer service experience was really poor. They did not even make an effort to try and make it right or compensate somehow for the 2 months wait on an item that is quite pricey and essential (range) in the household. Between initial order and last item delivery it will be 2 months therefore I advise that if you are getting new appliances, just go to Best Buy, they have price match and at least you don't have to wait 2 months to have something that, as expensive and essential at it is, should have been delivered on time. I should have followed my own advice.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I'll make this quick and simple. Home Depot's sub-contractor, crew2, broke my countertop slap upon delivery. Called customer service and they blamed the installer. They said it'll take another week before they can get a replacement. So here I am with no sink, no kitchen!!! They did not attempt to offer anything to make up for the loss! Kept saying they'll call me back with more info in two days! I tried asking to speak to the manager but they ignored my request! Nobody there gives a **! Do not fall for the low price of installation or you will pay for it another way!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

DO NOT GET THIS CARD!! We were duped into applying for this card by Home Depot giving a large credit on the purchase. Well, wouldn't you think if we had a balance left that we would have a received a statement saying so? NOPE! Only because we receive a monthly statement on inquiries etc. on our credit did we see we had been reported for being 30 days overdue of a $4 payment, now doubled to $8. Forget trying to find someone to talk to by searching online. I was transferred here, there, everywhere and back again. Certainly took more than $8 worth of my time.

Finally talked with a woman WHO ADMITTED that we had never received a statement, as they did not have our mailing address. And admonished me..."you should have known you had balance". Ha, if we had known, how would we have known where to send it to anyway? However blah blah blah she said nothing I can do except send up a dispute to the CC company. Received form CARDMEMBER SERVICES 3!! letters, yep, 3 letters, to the CORRECT ADDRESS, saying "so sorry, you are screwed for being overdue for the $8, but in our generosity we will inform the credit reporting agencies of your dispute." So much for an 840 credit score. DO NOT GET THIS CARD!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

On December 12, 2018 my wife and I visited The Home Depot located in Foley, Alabama to purchase a few Christmas items. Upon visiting the store we were excited about getting a few Christmas decorations. Went to the self checkout and I checked my items out first while my wife was behind me using another self checkout. I completed my checkout and was ready to leave the store once my wife was finished. Well, upon looking back to see where my wife was I noticed one of your employees was holding her up while the employee was cutting open and inspecting one of her items in her cart.

When this employee named Diane was questioned as to why she was going thru my wife’s items she replied she was told to open anything that was taped up and was not stapled or glued. Well, this employee Diane should have been properly educated on how your seasonal items are sealed, not all of them use glue or staples but most of them use standard clear shipping tape!!! Diane ended up with a very bad attitude and frankly had no right to make false assumptions that my wife was stealing!!! Diane was extremely rude, purposely held my wife up when we questioned her about her actions, got short with me as well and frankly should be fired!! She is classic example of poorly trained Home Depot employees who need a lesson or two in proper customer service.

Here is the kicker, we just spent 30 K at Home Depot in Foley, AL this year alone, probably enough to pay this employees salary! Since this employee Diane decided to basically accuse my wife of opening a package, putting something else in it, then taping it back Lowe's will get our 30 K next year!!! I may still consider further action over this situation created by this employee of the Foley, Alabama Home Depot, mind you in front of other customers.

I bet a good attorney might have a case of slander or defamation of character here! She had no right to make assumptions. If she had proper training, she would know how the seasonal packages come in the first place. Based on this experience it is safe to say the Foley, Alabama Home Depot has numerous management issues as well as one very rude employee!! Funny thing there is a Lowe's right next to Home Depot. Thank you Lowe's, I am sorry I ever went to Home Depot in Foley, Alabama in the first place!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

We ordered a dishwasher online via Home Depot over a month ago. When we ordered it we were given a delivery date that was 2 weeks from our purchase date. We were given a 4-5 hour delivery window that we stayed home for. Were told we would be given a call 30 mins before delivery. Delivery window passed and no call. We called Home Depot and they told us our dishwasher wasn't even delivered to the warehouse yet so couldn't possibly be on the delivery truck. Major miscommunication on their part. We were given a 2nd delivery date with no delivery again. The delivery company called and told us our dishwasher wasn't even manufactured yet! We called Home Depot AGAIN. The 1st customer service representative said they couldn't help us because we ordered our product online.

We called online customer service and the first person blamed the situation on the manufacturer and said they couldn't help us. Never once said sorry or offered any kind of solution. The 2nd customer service representative had an attitude with us and passed us onto yet another person. We still haven't found a resolution and still do not have our dishwasher. Home Depot is still holding our money as well. We used gift cards to purchase this item and don't even want to give our money to Home Depot going forward. Please do not buy any Home Depot gift cards if you like the person you are giving it to. Also, DO NOT order anything online. Honestly, don't shop at Home Depot in general. Their customer service is some of the worst we have experienced. It's Amazon and Lowe's for us moving forward!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

This is the first online review I have ever made and wish I had read the other reviews on this site before purchasing an appliance from Home Depot. I will NEVER shop there again. They scheduled a delivery, notified both my daughter and me of the delivery date/time (in fact still have it as today in their system when I call their automated system)... I’d still be waiting at my daughter’s house for a delivery if I hadn’t called to request they call me (rather than my daughter who is out of town) with the 30 min notice they told us they would give us.

After several calls, several different levels of supervisors- Jonathan ** and Ann **- , multiple times that they lost connection, 1.5 hours, the story seems to be that it was the “Home Depot Home Delivery Team” that sent the multiple texts/calls saying that the appliance would be delivered between 10:30-2:30. It wasn’t until I called that they contacted the “3rd party delivery agency” who told them the item had not been loaded on the truck and was still back at their warehouse.

Despite the fact that I had driven an hour based on their texts to be there in time for the delivery (which by that time they should have known was not on the truck) they refused to take any steps to call the “3rd party delivery agency” to pick up the appliance and deliver it today (so that I did not have to drive an additional 2 hrs, with no guarantee that they’d have the product on the next truck). I spoke to at least 6 people, including 3 supervisors... one was ruder than the next. Ann finally agreed she’d call the delivery, put me on hold at which point I was disconnected.

The next person I spoke to at the deliver number, a Tom (who said he had no employee ID number), took over 5 minutes to read what was happening, said nothing could be done, refused to connect me to a supervisor and hung up the phone. I called the general customer service line, and while both Kelly and Chris were courteous, they thought I should talk to the “customer care” line and the first of the two transferred me without knowing that the “customer care” line is only open M-F 9-5 and the second was going to until I let him know they were closed. I asked him to cancel the order and credit my AMEX Account, which he said would take 7-10 days (sure didn’t take them that long to charge me). I would give the whole company, especially the CEO, Home delivery and customer service departments a BIG FAT ZERO, if that had been an available rating.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Home Depot online store sucks, their shipping company is the slowest delivery company I have never seen. I think they use a turtle to ship items. Four times this week they have changed my pick up day. When you buy online is because you need it not to wait forever. It will be my last time buying online. Better use Amazon.

Home Depot Company Information