Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.07/5

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Home Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

We recently remodeled our bathrooms. The tile contractor would not get involved in where to buy the material. He did suggest Home Depot. I had been a long time Lowe's customer and was wary of Home Depot big box reputation for poor service. I placed my entire material order online from the convenience of my office. I made one trip to our local Clovis Ca store for the purpose of seeing the tile we were ordering. Young lady in tile was new and needed some training and experience. But, we did finally locate the tile we wanted to see. The tile, grout, Schluter edge molding, faucets and plumbing accessories came in perfect and either ahead of delivery or on the date stated. Packaging was perfect. Needed help from customer service twice. Both times the wait was short. The people spoke English and they got me the answer I needed. Home Depot is now my go-to HI project company.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Home Depot, I have been shopping at Home Depot for over 30 years in several different states and two counties, they always seem to have what I need at a fair price. Finding help when needed is not always easy but when you do they seem to have the knowledge of the department items I'm needing help in. I like the parking arrangements i.e. defecated Spots for Pro desk and for vehicles pulling trailers. This is really helpful when I pull my small trailer for pick up. Selection: selection of items is great, if I am shopping for garden and yard tools or plants and supplies they have it, or carpentry tools and materials they have it, or plumbing, electrical, flooring home appliance and furnishings i.e. window covers also windows and doors, you name it if you're fixing up your house, shop or out buildings. Need well supplies they have them too.

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Thank you Home Depot for helping to keep us safe in these challenging times. This morning I went to the Home Depot on Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. in West Palm Beach, FL. I was tentative about going to any store but knew this store had the ability to self check out with store associates near enough to answer questions. This eased my mind. Further, all associates were properly wearing masks. I saw three men helping load a truck and they were all wearing masks. The staff in the garden area were all wearing masks properly. Carts were waiting as I entered the garden area so my time was well used. The staff greeted me to let me know they were available and as a courtesy. I was able to get what I needed and check out in an efficient manner. Thank you again for helping to keep us all safe!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I chose Home Depot to review because I am a female in my late sixties that does a lot of my own home improvement work. This summer has been a lot of outside work building stairs and pathways with pavers, sand etc, walls with blocks, stone and sand. I have not finished but would not have gotten done half of what I did if it hadn’t been for the service I was given at the Taunton MA store in the lawn and garden dept. They loaded carts for me with this heavy stuff, the loaded into my car more times than I can count. They were always friendly and glad to help. The cashiers were always willing to find someone to help also. I have another major store brand in my area but getting help there is like pulling teeth! Thank you to all who help me keep doing my own work!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Home Depot is our "go to" for everything from plants (which they have the amazing policy; if the plant dies within a year- they replace it! Let me repeat that, they replace it!!! For a serial plant killer, who tries with all her might to grow plants, this store policy provides for the only plant store we patronize) to anything we need for the house. Recently we had a clogged upstairs shower drain and went to Home Depot for drain cleaner, ran into Shirley who guaranteed us that "Instant Power Hair and Grease" drain cleaner would do the trick, if not, there was a moneyback guarantee. And brother was she right!!! This is the best thing for clogged drains and now I have converts (2 best friends) in another state who have used it too. If you can hunt down a associate in the department you need help in (which is usually easy) then Home Depot is the ultimate home improvement store.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

We are cancelling our personal and business HD Cards due to their poor service. I had close to 830 credit. They have ruined my credit over a $10 charge that we never received any notification for. I was told, sorry they automatically set up accounts with paperless and even though I never received email notifications, or ANY notification. I would not ruin my credit over 10 dollars... seriously. Even though they acknowledged I have been a customer for many years. They stated that it was their policy to ding my credit. I only found out through a 3rd party service, Credit Karma. NOT even HD. I will not be using their card anymore and recommend everyone look at their 'paperless' solution.. because it obviously can't be trusted.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Skyview location Home Depot. Always have to wait very long to get help. Been customers for 20 years plus. Just spent a large amount for fence and deck materials. Now Wanted to buy complete Shower unit with three Maax Utile Thunder grey walls, base, 2 corner shelves and Shower doors. Was told had to Order Walls as a kit. Ordered all on Aug 24. Was to be delivered in 10 days but did not receive unit till Sept 28. Had to reschedule our installers and plumber.

Upon installing the walls and thus having our bathroom ripped apart (since we were replacing the lino, toilet, sink vanity, etc) we found out one of the side walls were a totally a different design. And my second corner I ordered separately was not delivered to us. I rushed over to home depot. Spoke to the supervisor Mariam who tried her best assisting without any knowledge of the product. She spoke to her supervisor and to the manager of the store (Kevin) who made no attempt to speak to us.

Needless to say I needed the correct wall right away or within that week as the installers could not wait any longer and I could not get a straight answer. I was told I would get a phone call which kept getting delayed and carried on for that week and was forced to use the wrong wall. Now not only the wrong wall is the wrong design but it is a flat matte grey and not a smooth shiny thunder grey. I am so Angry.

Mariam from Home depot had given us a final choice of either taking the chance of a 2 week delivery of a new wall or getting $100 credit. Which I said was a slap in the face, because I was forced to check the prices online myself and found out I was overcharged by a total of $510 by ordering the Walls as a Kit, compared to buying each piece separately. I was charged $2306.85 for 3 walls 1 base 1 corner shelf. (Online by Maxx —back wall $629, side walls $329x2, base $359, shelf $64.99 + GST = $1796.54.) Difference of $510.31 overcharged. Isn't buying a kit supposed to be cheaper.

After mentioning this to Home depot Then she came back with a $300 credit. Still not even getting what the sidewall costed as a kit price. Now with all the inconvenience and extra labour charges from plumber and installers I expect to be refunded for the wrong wall for my 2nd corner shelf $64.99 that I never received and was paid for as a separate charge and for the amount I was overcharged as a total kit. P.S Mariam did her best to be empathetic to my concerns but it seemed the situation was out of her hands. I feel the manager should have made an attempt to settle this situation by making contact with us and instead they are hoping it's all forgotten about. Order #**. Rodger & Debbie **

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Ordered tub online August. Instructed to call prior to delivery. No call, found a neighbor received our tub. Tub arrived damaged in early Sept. Called online cust service twice. Long hold only to be disconnected. Tried calling local store, said I would have to bring tub in??? Drove to store, spoke to assistant mgr. Said no problem and instructed store cust svc to take care of. Noting mgr. said it happens a lot. That tubs arrive damaged. He was cavalier about it. Didn't even question damage. I had pics, he said he didn't need to see. An hour later of waiting, as Cs guy was disconnected twice with someone on phone, he managed to get a "pending" credit when their people would pick up. Instructed to reorder. I did, delivered timely. BUT they said they were not instructed to pick up damaged tub.

One month later or six phone calls later HD assured me tub would get picked up after I finally said, "Enough of this. I want my money." Note I'm still out $900 credit. A contract truck co. calls and wishes to schedule a pickup next day. I advise that not good as I have appt at 1pm with doc. Advised no problem, they will pickup between 8-12. But surprise, they never came. BUT they call at 1:12pm to tell me they are at my house to pickup. Fortunately hubby got to house. Took pictures and had them sign for tub. Now the question is how long till we see a credit.

We will never use Home Depot again for online or in store purchases. Only positive was the many girls we spoke with to get issues resolved were courteous and were majorly apologetic when they placed us on hold in trying to get someone to pick up tub. Problem is they were communicating with people that didn't care. One girl was so frustrated, said she was escalating issue as she could not get contractor to answer phone. Sad as the contracted trucker probably made good money and those girls were min. wage.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

It is simply impossible to contact the so-called customer service of HD by any means other than a phone call of which, of course, customers ordinarily do not keep a record. They do not allow an email, deliberately of course. Now HD added another "achievement"--it is now impossible to print the information relating to an item ordered online which must be collected from one of their stores. I imagine that they assume, WRONGLY, that everyone has a cell phone. Hence, I now have to go with my own scribbled information to collect an item for which I had paid and which is supposed to be collected at their store, since their information cannot be printed.

I have witnesses to attest that we tried no less than three times to print the information emailed to me but each time the manner in which it had been emailed was clearly directed only to cell phones and not to ordinary computers and ordinary printers. This is not atypical of corporate America that is doing its best to dictate every aspect of our lives. And this is simply unacceptable. As is the fact that their ample page of "customer service" does not allow for any email, which means that I cannot forward their own email as proof of purchase.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I am beyond disappointed in the company The Home Depot, their customer service, and the all around experience we have had so far! We moved in the beginning of July. On July 3rd we went in to Home Depot Taylor location and Purchased a Stove, Refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, washer and dryer. We paid almost $7000.00. We were told then, because of COVID, we wouldn’t be able to have anything delivered to October 16th. We understand that some things had been backordered, and agreed to the wait. Today I received a text message saying that due to back order, our delivery has changed to January 6th 2021! This is outrageous and unacceptable!

Not only that, but when I call The HomeDepot, and initially I was told I had to call the freight delivery company to find out what was back ordered- So I do that, they tell me they are not sure why Home Depot had me call them, and the only thing back ordered is the Microwave! They canceled my delivery for all of my appliances over a microwave because THEY prefer to only make 1 delivery! Seriously!?! So after multiple calls, redirected over and over, being told that now I have to go in to the store for them to cancel the microwave and rewrite my entire order (WHY!?) - and then they will call delivery and “SEE” if they can deliver all my other appliances on Friday again- this is crazy!!! Now supposedly they are calling corporate tomorrow morning to see what they can do!

Corporate, here’s what you can do- deliver all of my other appliances this Friday, my original date since July 3rd, and refund me the microwave that you are not delivering!!! If you cannot, I will be in for a full refund and I will take my business elsewhere!!! If you are shopping around for appliances, look elsewhere, the Home Depot is not the place to go unless you are ok waiting at least 6 months for something you have already paid in full for!!!

Home Depot Company Information