3.6/5 (658 ratings)

About Home Depot

Home Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: May 25, 2022

It's shame how company like Home Depot the bigger is getting the worst customer service they have. It has went down so bad that I spend an hr waiting on service. Neither the manager showed up or the employee. I need a simple part. No one could help. Kept getting send from one department to another with no help. When I try to call the store kept getting left on hold and when I drove to the store there was no customers waiting at customer service to give them a reason to put me on hold for 30 minutes while they have the discussion that was at Southfield home depot. Badddddd. Very.

Original review: May 23, 2022

Home Depot hired a service provider (Stone interiors, LLC) to install quartz countertops in my kitchen. This company is so incompetent that they literally ruined the $3,477.50 product I paid for. In addition, they damaged a $2000 console and refuse to admit liability. I gave them multiple opportunities to correct the work they'd done, but every time someone came out, they just made it worse! They couldn't get the seams right and left adhesive/epoxy all over the place and exposed razor blades in my kitchen that could have injured me or my dog. They sent someone out to try and correct that issue, and he manually sanded certain areas, which altered the actual surface of the material so it's horribly streaked and inconsistent. BUYER BEWARE - DO NOT USE HOME DEPOT for countertops! You will be sorry!

Get buying tips about Lighting Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2022

Purchased nearly $300 of tile. Used a merchandise credit for part of it and over $200 in cash. Tried to return $50 to the store. The return was denied. Called the number because they use a service to do their returns and they said that a return is not guaranteed when you use a gift card. I don't care if they gave me back cash or another merchandise credit but either way I should be able to at least return the leftover tile to the store.

Original review: May 21, 2022

If I could give Home Depot 0 stars for the way they managed the delivery of an outdoor storage shed I would. I was treated with disrespect from the moment I ordered the shed, as if I had no idea what I was doing. The first delivery was cancelled because apparently they don't know what they are doing and had ordered the wrong type of truck and the driver refused to load the shed. The second delivery date was cancelled for reasons that elude me. I made a call (the delivery was cancelled via email late the night before the delivery was expected) to inquire and the manager of one store spoke with another and worked it all out for the delivery to happen - however the next day when I called to confirm I was lectured about how that could not possibly happen - speaking with a total of 5 people before finally cancelling the order completely.

I hate being talked over, interrupted, told multiple times how systems work when all I want is the delivery of an item as it was scheduled to happen. I have had to cancel out on the poor man who agreed to put this together for me to the point that I fear he won't reschedule again. I am so disappointed with Home Depot and do not plan to shop there again unless I absolutely cannot find the item elsewhere. This was a disaster.

Original review: May 14, 2022

We went to Home Depot and their kitchen design “expert” planned our granite countertops.. He made a huge mistake estimating the sq. foot. 2 days before installation we got hit with a 1,300.00 increase!! Horrible communication!

Original review: May 12, 2022

Beware of Home Depot!!! They have become abusive to their customers. I have been a loyal customer since 2006 with a HD credit card and since the 1980s as a cash customer. HD just decreased my credit limit without any notice whatsoever due to “inactivity.” Yes, inactivity – COVID took care of most “activity” for me and for much of our country. Lockdowns and restrictions prevented a lot of “activity” from happening. Especially for people who lost their income during that time. Our government allowed tenants to not pay rent, excused student loans, provided unemployment benefits for people and gave out stimulus checks. But HD doesn’t care a whit about lack of “activity” due to those circumstances. Some automaton simply decreased my credit limit, which now has negatively impacted my pristine credit score.

Did I contact them about this? After wasting an hour of my life (and at 70+ there’s not a whole lot of hours left) with their impossible-to-navigate AI (Artificial Ignorance) menu-thon, I got a human who said nothing could be done; just apply for an increase (and further impact my credit score). Nope. Something CAN be done: simply reverse the decrease. HD just REFUSES to do it. Now that I am finally starting on a new home build, they apparently want me to go to Lowes. So I’ll either go to Lowes or use my Amex card and let HD pay the high merchant fee. It’s a bad business model and a sure recipe for failure to treat loyal customers this way, especially in this economy.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I bought a Frigidaire range from Home Depot on May 2. It is defective, and the oven doesn't shut off. Although I tested it right away, I did not learn about this problem within 48 hours. It was maybe 60 hours. Frigidaire policy is that after 48 hours, it is a repair not a replace or refund. Home Depot is well aware of this policy, and has no means to repair or service appliances, not here, and not anywhere near here. They were rude, incompetent and condescending. They have twice accused me of lying about whether I reported the defect to Frigidaire. I tried to give them the confirmation number of that report and they didn't want it. Why? Because they don't care.

After lots of phone calls, emails and anguish, Frigidaire found a Sears repair service an hour away. They can come between 8 ad 5 on July 5th! Will they have the right parts? Doubtful. In the meantime I have no means to cook. I have to turn the circuit breaker on and off, which is downstairs and difficult for me to reach. I'm a senior citizen. My brother is disabled. Guess what? Home Depot doesn't care. They have a twitter account @HDCares, but they do not. How can they know this policy, and still sell appliances they know they cannot service? Not one person at HD has apologized or even tried to help. Their manager said, "Nobody repairs anything any more, hahahah! Remember the old days with TV repairmen? That's over." Don't ever buy anything from them and expect them to care. They don't. Write to your legislators, and file complaints with your state DATCP, and the BBB.

Resolution response: May 18, 2022

Resolved on 5/14 and to make a long story short, Home Depot made it right. The issue here is that although you purchase from 1 company there are 3 parties involved. The vendor (in this case Samsung) who has horrible customer service and an outsourced delivery team. Home Depot is the orchestrator and seems to have little control or influence on the other 2. Overall I think Home Depot did everything they could to try and make this right.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Ordered appliances in February with 8 week lead time. One appliance arrived damaged and was refused and Home Depot says now I have to deal with the vendor to resolve. It's been nearly 3 months since they took my money and I am caught in a bad nightmare. I am stuck with 50% of what I ordered, no replacement in stock, and find myself in the middle of Home Depot and their vendor. Do yourself a favor and go with a more reputable company. By the way there is no guarantee the replacement will match what you ordered and if you happen to buy a pair or matching set you will be screwed. Every time you call, you hear someone will contact you in 48 hours. At present time I have been kicked to the middle of May for something ordered and paid for in Feb and promised in April.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Our washer and dryer were supposed to be delivered last week. They came, stayed for 1 minute and said we needed a plumber to replace a pipe. We had a plumber come out and was told that wasn’t necessary. We rescheduled delivery for today. They install, don’t take our old appliances. Instead they leave them in the middle of our driveway and say they’ll be back later to get them. They are still sitting in our driveway at this time… Went to use the dryer for the first time and it’s damaged/broken and unusable.

I call Home Depot and they say they are busy, but can come back out next Saturday. That’s not okay. A week! They delivered a broken appliance. Why do we have to wait and be inconvenienced AGAIN?? After several calls they got me moved up to Thursday, but that’s still not okay. When a broken appliance is delivered, replacing it should be the priority. I am so frustrated and just can’t believe how poor this experience has been. Never again will I buy a thing at Home Depot. Ever.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I bought a 700 dryer from Home Depot in Waltham. They delivered it damaged and I couldn’t get it returned because it was over the 48 hours by the time I got in touch with someone. Very nasty over the phone. When I finally got in touch with someone it took GE to come out and fix it 3 months. They wouldn’t refund or replace dryer so I actually lost 700 dollars. I put in a complaint and nothing was ever done. The store shouldn’t be in Business.

Home Depot Company Information