1.26/5
  • 1 star
Based on 275 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 9, 2017

2069 Home Depot Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Let me start by saying I would give zero stars if that was possible! I purchased an entire kitchen of appliances along with a stacking washer/dryer on 11/8/17. As the store rep ordered each item, the number of items available was displayed and there was no shortage of any item on this date. Delivery was scheduled for 11/20. On 11/18 we received notification that delivery would be delayed until December as an item was unavailable. We asked why couldn't everything but the backordered item (which was the microwave) be delivered as promised and were told that the company won't do that. We had to go back to the store that day, have the rep cancel the entire order and then re-order everything, putting the microwave on a separate order, and delivery of everything but the microwave was rescheduled to 11/22. The day arrives and the delivery people would not stack the washer/dryer stating it wasn't on the order.

Why would we order and pay for a stacking kit if it wasn't going to be stacked? And the range was so damaged they didn't even take it off the truck. Back to Home Depot we go to speak to a manager. They promised to contact the delivery company to find out when a new range would be delivered, when the microwave would be delivered and when the washer and dryer would be stacked. At that point, somehow, the order for the range and microwave was cancelled but we could not get a straight answer on who exactly cancelled the order as certainly wasn't us. That finally got straightened out and we were to finally receive the outstanding appliances 12/9 and have the washer/dryer stacked.

We received a call from the delivery company the week of 11/27 wanting to have someone come out on 12/2 to stack the washer/dryer. My husband said,"No, that wouldn't work and why can't everything be done on 12/9?" The rep said that was fine-all was set for 12/9. So here I sit on 12/9 with my stove and microwave but they wouldn't stack the washer and dryer saying we cancelled that request. I had the delivery man call his boss who told me that we didn't want it done on 12/2 and it was never rescheduled. WTF? Now they are telling us that they can come back out on 12/12 to stack it. Needless to say I am beyond livid. Buyer beware -

just because the store you are buying from is reputable, it doesn't mean that the subcontractors they use are also reputable. We certainly found out the hard way on this one!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I bought several items from Home Depot for a job I was doing in my house. The things I didn’t use I tried to return them a few days later but because I didn’t have a receipt they denied my return and now I’m stuck with extra material that I no longer need. They have turned into thieves and from now on, I will be taking my business elsewhere!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I want to give Home Depot high praise for the quality of work they gave me with installation of new carpet in 2 rooms, hallway and staircase. The two men were excellent in their workmanship, on time, and quick. They were polite and pleasant to have working here, and I would recommend highly Home Depot for any job.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

The people Home Depot contracted out to, did a poor job installing, they installed it halfway and didn't feel like installing the steam hose feature so they just left it on top of the dryer for us to figure out. They also lied about the vent duct and said the new one wouldn’t fit. Then when they pushed the dryer against the wall they crushed the vent which lowers the performance of the dryer. I️ really hate it when one employee ruins the rep of the company.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I purchased a chipper and shredder vacuum on 9/M/2017 and for safety I also purchased the 3y HD protection (to make my life easier, as HD always claims one just needs to work with them under their plan, not directly with the manufacturer). However, first, the warning of 30-day return policy is not highlighted to my receipt (which I treat as a contract), and second 3 yr plan is not making my life easier, rather, later by call they told me it is an extension of the vendor's original plan. My god! Nothing is claimed on the protection plan. Due to busy travel, I opened the box out of 30 days and assembled to try, but it cannot even be turned on no matter how we tried. I am very disappointed of Home Depot on this service and felt they are misleading the customer, which originally I trusted HD.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I was making a payment of 50.00 in my card weeks before it was due... When it ran Thur as the full balance I wasn't even for sure a payment ran since I was kicked out of the website so was never even able to verify any info. The full balance ran. I never agreed to this and contacted them. After several emails back and forth they just kept telling me there was no balance and a payment could be made. They ran the payment that I told them not to 3x. Causing me overdraft fees. I contacted them each time but again I got the same response. I then called them and was told they would refund the fees and send the right amount Thur.

Then received an email saying they would not be doing this since there was no system error. I have asked them to send proof one way or another but they have refused... I will be paying this card off and NEVER shop there again. I am doing a complete remodel of my home so they have now lost thousand of dollars. And I also have a carpet order that is taking almost 2 months to get installed since they installer is too busy. Do they have oh one? About ready to demand a refund on this and go somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Had a problem with online website, called several numbers listed, engaged in online chats, talked to several "customer service" people - it is amazing that the only thing they can do is pass you from one person to another. Nothing gets resolved, nothing gets accomplished, everyone says how sorry they are that you are having problems, but nothing happens to FIX THE PROBLEM. Tried to find someone to talk to about a potential fraud issue, and NO ONE CARES. Lowe's here I come.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I placed my very first online order on November 22, for a large amount of product from the Anderson, SC store. When I placed it I ran into some issues with the delivery date, I talked with an online person named Jenny who assured me that although the system was showing Nov 28 as the delivery date, that after speaking with the manager of the Anderson store and confirming that everything was in stock, that I would have my items on Nov. 24. On Nov 24, I didn't receive my items, so on Nov 25, I called the Anderson and spoke to a young man that said my items were shipping from the Greenville store and should be delivered that day.

On Nov 26, I went to the Greenville store and spoke to someone in customer service, who checked and said my order was scheduled to be delivered from the "other" Greenville location on Nov 28. She called that store and spoke to someone who said that they had an opening and could deliver on November 27. It is now Nov 27, and I still have no products and after calling the store, they said my items would not be delivered until November 28. While I was at the store, I applied and received an "Home Depot" credit card, which I don't think I will be using, because I don't intend to ever shop here again. This has been a very frustrating experience and I would not encourage anyone to use this website ever again.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I purchased a fridge here and it stopped working 6 month later. They informed me that the return policy on appliances is only 24 hrs from delivery. I am very disappointed in this company. Do not do business with them!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

On Nov 9, I went to Home Depot to order 5 boxes of tiles for my kitchen. I had to ask for an associate twice at the check out, and no one ever showed up, then I went to customer service and asked for a manager. He took me to an associate and I placed my order. I was told that it would take a week to a week and a half and someone would call me when it is ready to be picked up. Today Nov 25, I called the store because I had not received a call or an e-mail from Home Depot, to check on my order. The order was in, it had come in 5 days ago.

I asked why nobody called me to let me know that the order was ready for pick-up and I was told that they normally send an e-mail. I was never asked for an e-mail address, so how can someone send an e-mail? The order also states that the merchandise will only be held for 7 days at the store. So if I would have waited 2 more days the store would have shipped the tiles back. My next special order will be with Lowe's again, I know I get phone message and e-mails when my orders arrive. I will never place an order with Home Depot again.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I ordered a hammock online to be picked up at the store. I could see there were a few available at the store I selected. After the order was placed I got a call from them saying they were all out of stock and all stores in the area were out too. They offered no help and cancelled my order.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

After verifying with The Home Depot's online inventory system that an item was available in my local store I went to the store to purchase the item. Upon arriving and moving to the location of the item in the store I was faced with...no item. A fellow was searching through a few boxes that were on the shelf while looking at his smartphone? I commented that he was looking at the same thing I was. Something not there. He said that the store inventory showed 59 of his item. The one I was there for said 24. Not acceptable.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I have to say the customer service was great however, the online ordering was horrible. I tried placing an online order using gift cards and cc for my remaining balance however, when I went to check out I wasn't able to finalize the purchase. The store supposedly had plenty of the items in stock however, when I placed my order for the final checkout, using gift cards and a cc for the remaining balance I was unable to finalize the process. When I again tried to process my cart it said my gift cards were no longer valid. I called Home Depot and was told that the credit should be restored on my gift cards but would not be available until Friday.

Needless to say I am very frustrated because I work Black Friday and will not be unable to place my order for a supposed product that has been available since at least November 19, 2017. I have never purchased anything from Home Depot and the only reason I decided to at this time was because I had received gift cards for their store. If this is the way Home Depot does business I will not be purchasing anything from them. The gift cards were a birthday present and I am really disappointed with the online service. Again, the Customer Service Representative I spoke with was very understanding however, the online service was a huge disappointment.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Since every retail chain has the same products and same prices, stick with your local guy. Bought a dryer and when delivery did not show up, we called. They stated no one was home, however both my husband I were home. We even saw a delivery truck stop in front of our house about time of delivery. Therefore this was not true. Three + hours on the phone with delivery service and Home Depot without resolution. I will cancel this order and go to my local merchant. Take heed and too bad there are a "no star" rating!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Called Schererville, Ind store. After getting hung up on 4 times finally got a manager Less and didn't care if I stayed a customer or not. I am a contractor and was told I can go to Lowe's or Menards. Online charge me 9.00 on tax and store charged 13.00. They said that is the way it is. Why even shop at store instead of online. I wonder what IRS WILL SAY.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

In the past year I have purchased, or purchase for 4 appliances. A French door style refrigerator, 2 dishwashers and now one washing machine. The delivery service has had to replace the fridge because all of the glass shelves were broken. This delayed receiving my fridge by three weeks and I had to sweep up the glass from the street. It three times to get one of the dishwashers delivered because two were damaged from mishandling. One got dropped so hard the motor seal broke from the stainless tub.

Now the delivery company held me hostage in my home for 12 hours waiting for them to deliver my washer. The arranged for a 7am to 11am, and no one called me to apologize or even tell me if they were coming. My local store was unable to tell me anything. I will NOT purchase any other appliances from the Home Depot as their total lack of customer service and the "I don't care" responses I get are just too much for me to handle. I am the customer! I will take my business elsewhere!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

It’s me again. I got a call from a store manager in West Springfield MA today. I am sorry, I work for a living and I did not get home until 4:30 pm. When I tried to return the call, she gave me an extension on the sales floor that rang and rang. A lot of help that was. NOT. My husband spoke to her briefly today. She said, again that we would not receive the cabinets until December 5th. That is unacceptable. We are a middle-class family that works hard for our money. We were finally able to redo our family room. We bought cabinets from you, you took our money to pay for these cabinets. And then you sold them. In my book, this transaction constitutes a contract between you and me. We were specifically told that the cabinets were in stock in the warehouse. We were eventually told after many attempts to go pick them up 3, 2, 1 days later that they were on their way.

Then we were told by one of YOUR salespeople that your affiliate company placed a big order after ours and took our cabinets away from us and NOW our cabinets were back ordered until December. Are you kidding me??? I paid for those cabinets and that should not have happened. You sold our cabinets!!! I can not tell you how angry I am at Home Depot. We traditionally have a party at my house the Saturday after Thanksgiving to celebrate my only child’s birthday. He will be 14 this year. Guess what? This is not happening thanks to you! I have dreamed about a mantle on my fireplace that I will decorate at the holidays. I finally got one but guess what? I don’t have cabinets to finish the room so I can't celebrate Christmas in my new room because… YOU SOLD MY CABINETS. We are living in one room with furniture crammed into it.

Our Christmas won’t be celebrated in my new room thanks to you. Where do we fit a tree. I can not stand that you thought nothing of selling my cabinets. You need to realize that behind every purchase at Home Depot is a story. And this is my story. And it’s not pretty and I am not going to stop. If I have to post something on social media every day, I will. That is how angry I am. I will not stop. Do the right thing. Find me cabinets. And don’t do this to anyone else. Don’t ruin your customers' hopes and dreams like you have ruined mine. Have a heart Home Depot.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Every time I order from Home Depot I get no receipt, proof of purchase and item is always broken. I get screwed unless I get at the store. Opened box and item (Ryoby power washer) is in rusty, used, scratched up and handle with rips. I don’t get it.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

CAUTION! I purchased flooring from Home Depot and of course they had to do the measurements and the install. The guy that did the install was great. No problems. The problem is I was told I could return anything unused. There were 8 boxes of flooring left over! 8! On a small master bedroom. So of course I figured well I'll just return the extra and I did. However what they don't tell you is they are going to charge you 15% restocking fee! So the measure and you have 8 boxes left over and get charged to return their screwup. I called the main office who said, "We'll have the manager call you, Craig, and fix this." Never got a call so I called there 5 times and of course he never returned my calls. Folks stay the hell away! This is a scam scam scam! 8 boxes. Are you kidding me. I'll never shop there again. NEVER. And I've received 7 different emails on him calling. YET ANOTHER BUSINESS THAT CAN'T THEIR JOB.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Home ** Orange Depot - Unbelievable experience recently - accused it was my bank 's card issues which it is actually the Home Depot's online/ staff issues. They keeps on beating around the bush, did not honor the agreement prices; and said guarantee it will go through this time to shipping my items - every time, 6th time they canceled my order auto by their system - then on their knees being extreme apologize, that they value me as their customers. Good Business would not point their fingers at the creditors when creditors was on 3 way phone line communication to confirm it/everything not once but TWICE - wasted few days of my time past 1 week and half.

I had ordered DeWalt combo driller for just $99 plus the insurance plus the 30 pieces for it - received it at no problem, then they said my 2nd/3rd order was a huge issues with the information to be verify? Yeah right; if first order went through no problem and was billed to my creditor; same credit card info, same address, everything just the SAME - being lied to, played games with, wasted our customer's time... Telling ME to go BUY A GIFT CARD then use it to try to get order to go through? WOW. NO heck way that I WOULD EVER buy gift card, deal with blunt honest info - my credit card period! I will NEVER EVER do business with Home Depot again EVER - wasted nearly 1 week and half of my time; stress increase, anger increase, frustration increased - good for my health? NO! Business should be solutions, not problems ongoing.

I am going to return that 2 DeWalt drill combo and demand refund; then bring that money over to Lowe's nor ACE hardware stores who are undervalue that are deserving with decent customers that they rightfully deserves. Home Depot DOES NOT deserves our business if they keeps on treating their customers like this. Canceled my order 6 times and point their nasty orange fingers at my creditor company which my creditor has no problem getting my food/needs/shops other places no problem; Home Depot the only one that has issues. They had opened a specifically case for me; assigned me to specialist - then when I called to try to resolve this issues, for the SIXTH 6th times (6 confirmation orders here: I can list it if you want to know the proof)... after requesting my specialist - they refuse EVEN EVER let me talk with that specialist and said they can help, made it only them able to help. It's totally B.S.

If they can't solve problem, own it up, honor what their agreement with the customers, keeping their fingers clean before point it at another side - then I have NO ZERO BUSINESS to be in their business to do business with them. I take my precious time/business elsewhere who deserves my money. Home Depot isn't the one. Sad. When I buy my own land - I will make SURE NOTHING EVER comes out of you/your company Home crap orange Depot. Sorry but NOT SORRY! Hello Lowe's, Hello ACE - thanks for being really good to me, that I will from now on coming back to you guys for the rest of stuff I needed as you deserves well loyalty customer. Goodbye Home Depot, you fit in landfill garbage.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

As new residents in the state of Washington we knew no contractors and therefore chose the one stop, choose all at the Home Depot interior kitchen remodel department. Eventually ‘Chris’, the northern Washington sales manager arrived at our home with many samples from which we chose about $30,000 worth of product and labor for the completed project. We signed the contract then and there not knowing that interest begin to accumulate immediately. Fine print for sure. Chris told us that our only responsibility would be to remove the contents of the cabinets so the work could be performed and that we would have to do nothing else whatsoever.

The time for measurements came and two different people responded to the home and took precise measurements including computer measurements and then we were told that one of our choices called a waterfall would not fit based on the structure of the floor and the wood trim and that it would have to be deleted from the project but that we could replace it with a fake cabinet.

On cabinet installation day the contractor did not arrive. I called Chris and the project coordinator. I emailed them multiple times and received no answer. I left voice messages multiple times and still got no answer or response. Late in the afternoon the contractor called me himself and told me that he was sorry but he had no idea that we were so far away from his location and that he would begin the project the following day. He was a nice guy but they did not send him enough materials nor did they send him the proper materials to install everything finished as promised. On this day for the first time I was able to speak to Julie installation coordinator. She was surprised to find that our backsplash had not arrived with the contractor and upon research determined that they had sent the wrong backsplash from Southern California. It would take days to receive the new order.

For the entire summer and now for the installation I had to make my schedule around Home Depot. I could not wait the few days for the backsplash to be delivered and simply asked that we postpone that installation for a later date that we scheduled then. Before I returned to Washington from California I called Julie with the intention to determine if the backsplash had arrived and if we were on target for the scheduled appointment. I received no response to my emails or phone calls and I again called Chris the super salesman with the same results. Lacking any information from Home Depot that was pertinent to our project and that would require my trouble I came anyway. I then contacted the Home Depot store in the geographical area where all of these managers were located and explained my situation, my current location and my lack of information.

A wonderful lady made my issues a project and was able to tell me that I was scheduled for installation on the following day and that my materials had arrived. At the scheduled time the contractor did not arrive. As usual I called and wrote but nobody responded. Late in the afternoon there was a knock at my front door and I found here a very nice man who was the backsplash installation contractor who had called the wrong number to say that he was going to be late as he did not know that our project was so far away from his location. He worked on his project until 11:45 PM that night. He did not reinstall the cover plates for the electrical outlets and asked me if I could do it and after saying yes I was informed that the screws would have to be cut and shortened because there's insufficient room behind the outlet because of the backsplash.

Today the kitchen is not complete. There were insufficient materials supplied to the cabinet contractor to finish his portion of the job. Several pieces of wood trim have not been replaced or repaired and the supports for one of the countertops were not supplied by Home Depot. I purchased them my self above my contract price and they have been installed but not painted to match anything.

We ordered a Lazy Susan for one of the cabinets to replace an inoperable one. That has yet to arrive as well. I am awaiting a refund for the unused material that we paid for but would not fit. Still waiting for the fake cabinet door to cover what would have been the waterfall. The grout for the backsplash has already cracked in less than three weeks and if that doesnt beat all no one from Home Depot has responded to my written request that describe these problems above (haven't told them about the grout).

My total charges to date for Home Depot exceed $45,000. My local store is undoubtedly the best Home Depot I have been to or used and the service there is impeccable and beyond expectations. I have told the story during surveys with multiple receipts about how exceptional their employees here are. No one has yet to contact me regarding this incomplete project.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

If I can give Home Depot service a no star I would. First off Samsung fridge is JUNK. Worst fridge I've ever owned & purchased from Home Depot. I would never recommend or purchase another Samsung appliance. Second Home Depot extended warranty is a JOKE. Purchased the Samsung fridge in Feb of 2015 with the 5 yr extended warranty. So far we've had 5 service calls but probably 10 visits from a service tech. According to Home Depot the fridge does not qualify for a lemon even though there has been 10 visits and multiple parts replaced. Home Depot prefers to keep wasting my time in having to coordinate my schedule around the service tech's schedule. And I'm sure the cost associated with the parts and labor is close if not already exceeding the cost of a new fridge. Home Depot I will submit every possible complaint and spread the negative service I've received from Home Depot until I receive a new fridge.

Resolution response: Nov. 21, 2017

Despite all previous bad delivery experiences my washer and dryer have finally been installed and I'm very happy with purchase. Great price, good product. Hope HD improves on delivery service and communication with customers.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

GE Stackable Washer and dryer: Order appliances and paid in full on September 9th, 2017. Was told delivery and installation would happen on Nov. 8th, 2017. Nov. 8th 2017 got appliances but stacking kit not ordered. Contacted HD and was told kit was ordered and installation would be completed on Nov. 11th. Nov. 11th wrong kit was ordered. Back to HD. Was told the kit would arrive by Nov. the 15th, not buying it. Don't believe them, we'll see. Also every time I call I have to give all info just to be transferred to another line and start all over again. Also elbow to dryer exhaust duct not in parts. Used old one and started dryer installation myself. Just need kit and if not delivered by Wednesday I'll buy kit and do the installation myself. Losing money in this deal. Not worth it, terrible purchase. Hopefully the appliances will work properly. Keeping fingers crossed.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I am writing because we had purchased a Samsung washer and got the protection plan (5yr) and the drain pump tore up and at the time A & E came and said they could not get the screws and so we had to go to the laundromat from the end of June till September 14, 2017. So they sent in a laundry reimbursement form thinking we was going to get our money back for going. Well was I ever fooled because they said $50.00 per claim.

So October 13, 2017 same thing happened so a Duns repair came out. Same problem so we had sent in both repair recipients and they said they were only 1. Sorry Home Depot. Will never ever trade with you again and I hope you can live very well with how you are taking advantage of people letting people believe you are seriously going to be honest. REALLY. So people reading this do not trade at Home Depot or buy their protection plans. It isn't worth it really because they will not reimburse you fully. I will never ever buy nothing else with them EVER.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I purchased a $2800 refrigerator in 2016 and the $250 5-year protection plan. My refrigerator compressor died 18 months later. When I called I was told there aren't any technicians available for 2 weeks. I cannot go without a refrigerator for 2 weeks. They said they can't do anything unless it is during normal business hours. I didn't know my refrigerator couldn't break down on weekends. They have no technicians available on weekends. They also disconnected me trying to talk to the supervisor twice. This seemed intentional. The protection plans are a complete scam.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Fence - Called Home Depot and requested someone to come in for price quote, someone called back from Home Depot saying it will take 24 to 48 hrs for someone to call back from a company. After 48 hrs no one has called from the fence company, and contacted Home Depot again. Why we have not received a call from the fence company after 48 hrs.... CUSTOMER SERVICE in HOME DEPOT WAS VERY RUDE, NO APOLOGY. "WELL WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO", Ridiculous!!!! Went to somewhere else. If I can give ZERO I would!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Horrible delivery service! Delivery guy called me about my washer being delivered. My delivery timeframe was from 8:15am to 12:15pm. Well he called me around 8am and he told me that he will be here in 30 minutes. I informed him that I’ve got to take my son to school around 8:30am but should be back around 9:15am. He said that’s fine and he will call back around that time.

Well as I was taking my son to school delivery truck came to my house. I told him I have to take my son to school if he could wait or come back another time today and he refused to do any of that. I was just minutes away from home and he called me again and told me I have to reschedule for another day. I’ve asked him, “Can you just wait few minutes? I will be home shortly.” He refused. But he sat near my driveway around 15 minutes just to call me and tell me I have a delivery and I need to reschedule. Really? Well, I’m worried this will happen another day if I will reschedule. I’m almost tempted to return this washer and go buy one at different store where delivery would work around the customers and not around their convenience. This has been bad experience. Very unprofessional!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Today, I purchased a Ryobi Table saw - low-end to be sure, but it would more than do the jobs I need. Problem is, apparently Home Depot DOES NOT INSPECT INCOMING SHIPMENTS. This is sad. When a shipment arrives at your door, and the box has a gaping hole in it, you should reject it, right? Well at Home Depot they had two of these table saws in boxes. One box had a gaping hole in it, so I didn't choose that one; the other box seemed pristine, so I took that one.

After assembling, I noticed the table part of the table saw (which needs to be absolutely flat so you don't saw crooked) had two major dings in it - not really noticeable when I took it out of the box, but about a 1/2 inch bump on one side and a 1/4 inch bump on the other. Then I looked at the box and noticed a slight ding on each side which I didn't notice before.

Was this Ryobi's fault for bad packaging? Was this the shipper's fault? Was this Home Depot's fault? I am not sure (to be fair). My box had no holes in it, just barely noticeable dings, but the other box had a major hole in it, and in my mind Home Depot should not have accepted it from the shipper. This is not the first time I have seen this - seen it many times - boxes with holes.

If this is the shipper causing this, Home Depot needs to send a message to them by not accepting damaged boxes. Why pass the trouble on to your valued customer? Or maybe they are not so valued? Who covers the time loss on my part??? I guess the final moral of the story is, don't buy a table saw whose table part is actually heavy sheet metal - it should be forged machined metal, or else the packaging needs to be significantly more robust.

I don't want to unfairly fix blame on any party for this; in my mind, Ryobi failed to develop appropriate packaging for this product, the shipper may have been unduly rough, and Home Depot should refuse shipment on products in broken boxes; everyone needs to do their part. Fortunately, I do expect Home Depot to make it right, but valuable time was lost.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Home Depot only cares about the money and not their customers! Kitchen remodel with custom cabinets to fit a 36" range. What I received & signed for was a 30" range. Called Goleta Store only to be told, “Appliances can't ever be returned” by the store Manager. Called Headquarters and was told, "Can't go against what the Store Manager says" and was connected back to him. I explained that box has never been opened and I just wanted an exception to be made to exchange the range for to a 36”. Again, he stated, “No exceptions can be made as the warehouse won't give a credit nor can the range be resold".

I've been a loyal customer for many years and I'm totally outraged that your priority is your profits and not the customer! As for resale of an unopened range, I find it hard to believe that it can't be sold. Sounds like a Win Win for Home Depot and not the customer! I will NEVER go back to Home Depot and I will be telling my story to all my friends and family encouraging them to spread the word how Home Depot only care about the profit margin instead of their customers!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Very rude, lazy store associate. I was looking to buy a microwave. The person (Erica) at the Store #1220 didn't even bother to search for the item and gave me the wrong information. It is very hard in general to find any help at this store. The manager Kenny completely ignored the situation.

Home Depot Company Information