Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.86/5

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Home Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

We recently remodeled our bathrooms. The tile contractor would not get involved in where to buy the material. He did suggest Home Depot. I had been a long time Lowe's customer and was wary of Home Depot big box reputation for poor service. I placed my entire material order online from the convenience of my office. I made one trip to our local Clovis Ca store for the purpose of seeing the tile we were ordering. Young lady in tile was new and needed some training and experience. But, we did finally locate the tile we wanted to see. The tile, grout, Schluter edge molding, faucets and plumbing accessories came in perfect and either ahead of delivery or on the date stated. Packaging was perfect. Needed help from customer service twice. Both times the wait was short. The people spoke English and they got me the answer I needed. Home Depot is now my go-to HI project company.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I see many customers reviewed the store as bad. That is the case where I am going against the public opinion of majority. I don't know company in the US with better customer service than Home Depot. Of course, there are some disadvantages. There are bad and sometimes even rude employees (mostly novices). However most of my visits to this store were more than great. No problems with returns, no problems with parking, no problems with restrooms, no problems with variety of tools available. Again, there are some disadvantages, but let's compare it with other stores. Lowe's is overpriced, Walmart is persecuting its own customers (e.g. Walmart blocked my account without reasonable explanation), ACE is harassing customers just because of parking. Home Depot is the store I really love. Among competitors, it is the best. I wish the best to this company.

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Home Depot, I have been shopping at Home Depot for over 30 years in several different states and two counties, they always seem to have what I need at a fair price. Finding help when needed is not always easy but when you do they seem to have the knowledge of the department items I'm needing help in. I like the parking arrangements i.e. defecated Spots for Pro desk and for vehicles pulling trailers. This is really helpful when I pull my small trailer for pick up. Selection: selection of items is great, if I am shopping for garden and yard tools or plants and supplies they have it, or carpentry tools and materials they have it, or plumbing, electrical, flooring home appliance and furnishings i.e. window covers also windows and doors, you name it if you're fixing up your house, shop or out buildings. Need well supplies they have them too.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Thank you Home Depot for helping to keep us safe in these challenging times. This morning I went to the Home Depot on Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. in West Palm Beach, FL. I was tentative about going to any store but knew this store had the ability to self check out with store associates near enough to answer questions. This eased my mind. Further, all associates were properly wearing masks. I saw three men helping load a truck and they were all wearing masks. The staff in the garden area were all wearing masks properly. Carts were waiting as I entered the garden area so my time was well used. The staff greeted me to let me know they were available and as a courtesy. I was able to get what I needed and check out in an efficient manner. Thank you again for helping to keep us all safe!

Original review: May 10, 2020

I walked into HD to buy plants, I walked out by the Frigidaire Electric glasstop air fryer stove. To my benefit it was on sale. I did have to purchase the plug in cord, that was extra $25.00, I paid extra $25.00 to have the old one taken. Delivery was free with the purchase of the stove. HD delivered on time and was quick, efficient, friendly. The only downside to this stove is you have to buy the air fryer tray separate, I was not told this by HD. That is a extra $50.00. The amount I paid for this stove should of included it. Frigidaire is stating the air fryer tray is not essential. For real? That's whole point of buying this. You also need to use a cookie sheet 16" under the tray to keep crumbs, grease from falling.

Original review: April 10, 2021

I don't usually write reviews but I got upset over the Home Depot practice of price gouging. If you see online, Home depot list a a host of available doors from as low as $500 (or maybe lower). This guy showed promptly and made the measurement on my doors. When I asked the price, he goes, "I can't tell you until you pick." He points me to the tablet without price on them. I go, "I am not spending fortune and I would like the price range before I pick them." He says, "Oh you can't do that until I pick." The price online for Home depot is not the same because he has to add knobs, locks, frames... Then he says it's a minimum of $25... I go what $1500? Stunned I have to ask him, "Are you a part of Home depot? Why the price so high?" He nonetheless continues he's a part of Home depot, an affiliate, Home Depot Exterior. The price is high because it's life time guarantees...

At the point I had to ask him to leave. It goes beyond my belief. I am reasonably educated consumer and the markup is too high. And my belief was confirmed later on when I visited Lowe's. Don't buy from Home depot. It's a scam. This guy had even audacity to leave his card and swears me everyone pays this with price....

Original review: April 7, 2021

One of the front burner doesn't sit even. The broiler door won't go on track even. I made a note on my delivery slip, no one has reached out to me to get this issue taken care of. The delivery guy even saw this.

Original review: April 4, 2021

This store has always been giving problems with returns. I have a Pro account and I am always buying material and tools at this Home Depot. I bought Milwaukee tools 2 days ago and went to return a couple tools and needed to buy different version of Milwaukee for both of those tools. They would not return it or replace them. Manager said their hands are tied. I have never had such a horrible experience as I did at this home depot.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Excellent price. Delivered to my door. Built in handles for easy moving. Seemed a little tricky to install. Plumber said inst not very helpful. 60 in size. Very comfortable for chunky man. Quick to fill, a little slow to drain. Taps and shower cheaper quality. Good finish and seal.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I chose Home Depot to complete my kitchen remodel. Initially the process was great. However, the subcontractor provided by HD who installed the countertop did a horrible job. They were difficult to work with immediately. They made it clear their time was more valuable than mine when trying to schedule. The man who did the measurements was rude to me and my main contractor. The install though was terrible. One slab was cut at a wrong angle and did not butt up to the stove, at places leaving a gap of almost 1/2 an inch. The same on another slab. I was told the seam wouldn't be noticeable, but there's a ridge and it's not level with the neighboring slab. (I was told the seam should be polished down till it can't be seen or felt) the slab for the sink is where it's really unjustified below industry standard work.

The hole for the sink was cut so far back, the faucet can't be installed. He cut the hole for faucet anyway knowing this. They told me I could remove my window frame. To make things worse, the installer drug dog poo into my house. I don't have a dog. Immediately I called the store. Logan asked I provide photos, which I did and was told, in writing, it was below standards and would be looked into. I never heard back from the store. I called corporate and was connected to Erika. She actually laughed when I told her everything. I was contacted by the installer who sent their manager to the house to inspect, again my schedule was inconvenient for them. He attempted to spin me but admitted it was poorly done.

I was later contacted by someone at the installation company via email and was told it was not properly installed and needed to be replaced. Erika at Home Depot corporate also sent me an email saying it would need to be replaced. I was then contacted by Adrienne at the store who involved a guy named Steve. They told me they'd give me any faucet I wanted and financial compensation for my troubles. I want to note Steve was aggressive and attempted, in my opinion, to try to bully and intimidate me. The call dropped.

I emailed Erika and accepted the new install, the faucet and financial compensation I was offered. She responded in writing the next day telling me I had two options: $500 and I just deal with the poor quality work or they will come install a faucet I provide at my expense and they'll give me $200 for the inconvenience. I responded I expected they honor their original resolution offers. She responded it was not negotiable. I have filed a law suit in order to recover my money. In the meantime, I live with a kitchen that is not fully functional. It's costing me money in a variety of ways from eating out, bottled water, lost wages to my other workers, etc. Plus the inconvenience of having to do dishes in my bathroom for over two months now and my house in disarray and it will still be a while before it's resolved. Home Depot has made it clear they don't think I'm worthy of quality work and they are an unethical company.

Home Depot Company Information