Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.27/5

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Home Depot Reviews

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I chose Home Depot to review because I am a female in my late sixties that does a lot of my own home improvement work. This summer has been a lot of outside work building stairs and pathways with pavers, sand etc, walls with blocks, stone and sand. I have not finished but would not have gotten done half of what I did if it hadn’t been for the service I was given at the Taunton MA store in the lawn and garden dept. They loaded carts for me with this heavy stuff, the loaded into my car more times than I can count. They were always friendly and glad to help. The cashiers were always willing to find someone to help also. I have another major store brand in my area but getting help there is like pulling teeth! Thank you to all who help me keep doing my own work!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Home Depot is our "go to" for everything from plants (which they have the amazing policy; if the plant dies within a year- they replace it! Let me repeat that, they replace it!!! For a serial plant killer, who tries with all her might to grow plants, this store policy provides for the only plant store we patronize) to anything we need for the house. Recently we had a clogged upstairs shower drain and went to Home Depot for drain cleaner, ran into Shirley who guaranteed us that "Instant Power Hair and Grease" drain cleaner would do the trick, if not, there was a moneyback guarantee. And brother was she right!!! This is the best thing for clogged drains and now I have converts (2 best friends) in another state who have used it too. If you can hunt down a associate in the department you need help in (which is usually easy) then Home Depot is the ultimate home improvement store.

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

We live in a fairly captive area in as much as our closest city is over 30 miles away and that city has less than 10,000 people in it. As such, we only have Home Depot (and a Walmart) at our disposal when it comes to choosing which "Major" home improvement store we can shop at. Even though this Home Depot isn't the largest I've ever shopped at (We just moved here a year or so ago) I've been very impressed with the selection of items at this store. The fact that the staff at this store is/are extremely friendly, courteous and for the most part, knowledgeable of the area they are working in. Could it be better? Of course it could, but it wouldn't be for lack of trying. A smaller store has to be able stock those items that the majority would like, larger stores can (and do) stock some of the more "Non-standard" items.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Home Depot is wonderful! They are so much better than Walmart. I bought many heaters from HD. They were over $30 less than Walmart. They were shipped to me in two days. Walmart would send them to me in eight days. HD gave me a $50 discount for applying for their credit card. Walmart would not give a discount and many other problems with their credit card. I contacted Walmart about many issues. Their CS wanted a link to show what I was talking about. I sent him six links with all of the specifics. I have not heard back from Walmart since then. Walmart knows that I am right, Home Depot is so much better! Also, when I called HD with a question, they were quick, knowledgeable and very nice. I have shopped at Home Depot for years. They are one of the best stores I use. I highly recommend Home Depot.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

We bought a 9 x 48 porcelain flooring tile for our daughter's condo in downtown Phoenix from Zack at store #472 N Scottsdale. Cameron also helped with the order. Both were very professionally and went the extra mile to help us. As fate would have it we fell in love with a tile that was being discontinued. Half of the order had to be transferred from store #468 Thunderbird and Anthony from that store really went the extra mile to help us too. The delivery and order got a little mixed up as to who would be delivering it. Not to worry, Zack and Cameron rose to the occasion and personally picked up the tile from Thunderbird and delivered the tile to Downtown Phoenix in 114 degree weather and unloaded the heavy items themselves. That is SERVICE EXTRAORDINARY.!! We appreciate both of you more than words can express. THANK YOU ZACK AND CAMERON FROM HOME DEPOT #472 N SCOTTSDALE!!! Terri and Carlos

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: May 30, 2020

On 18 April 2020, I ordered a Ryobi Riding mower from Home Depot. Anyone can research these, they're expensive. Within a day or two I received an email stating this was back-ordered, I accepted this as the COVID issue likely causes problems. By early May I hadn't heard any more. When I looked up my order online, it wasn't there. So I called customer service on 4 May. They saw there was an issue and promised to resolve it and get back to me within 24h.

On 6 May after not hearing back, I called again. They were pleasant and escalated the problem to resolve. On 14 May I finally received notice that it had been shipped. Estimated delivery date 1 June. Today - 30 May, when looking up the tracking I noticed that it said 'Delivered with Shortage' - on 18 May. There are 2 delivery companies, so I called the one that is responsible for final delivery. I was told by them that they'd never received the mower and it's lost in transit. They said this "The linehaul carrier the vendor assigned to deliver this to our facility, had reported this as lost in transit. The order has been closed out." No-one has contacted me about this, I've had to do all the work here and now 6 weeks after ordering, I am no closer to receiving what I've paid for.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Went into the North Phoenix Home Depot to look at carpet. Noticed that employees were not wearing masks, and there was no hand sanitizer available at the doors. Also, I noticed that most customers were not wearing masks. This establishment seems to be thumbing its nose at the recommended safety guidelines for opening and attracting all the rebelling crowd. I will shop at Lowe’s where safety is being prioritized.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I ordered a shower on 5/11/2020, I was told that the unit would be delivered no later than 5/21/2020 due to the COVID-19. Ok, I got that, perfectly fine. Order stays online confirmed a date of 5/21/2020 right up to that day. 5/22/2020 comes, no shower... Also no call or email as to why. So I lost a day at work on 5/21. I call customer service, after being on hold for 53 minutes, I talk to customer service, very nice woman, very polite. So she states the carrier is way behind and it will be another week. UNACCEPTABLE, I hired a contractor and had set dates. So the next week comes. Still no shower. I call customer service, on hold 58 minutes. Comes on, can’t figure out where my product is. Whatever company they ship with takes 24-48 hours to respond he said. Asked for a discount, nope, they can’t do that at this time. I will never order from them again. Lowe’s took two days to deliver a vanity from DC. Home Depot is delivering from PA, the same state I live in.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Home Depot may "look good" on the outside but, their customer service is, lackluster. You, or I, will spend upwards of a half hour or longer on hold - nobody, answers the phone. Calling corporate? Waste of time, no help. Bottom line: Zero help, none. Home Depot, if you want to lose customers faster than they walk through the door - you are succeeding.

Original review: May 25, 2020

We ordered 50 boxes and other moving supplies a month before our move. When Home Depot finally gave us an estimate date for delivery and we realized it would be AFTER our move, we tried to call them to cancel the order. It took us almost a week to get through but we finally got to cancel. Yay? No... Because they delivered it anyway TODAY, a week after our move. Now, the buyers have a ton of moving supplies they don’t need delivered to their door, we have paid for stuff we don’t have and don’t need anymore and that we actually had cancelled!!! Thanks Home Depot.

Home Depot Company Information