Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Home Depot Reviews

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Home Depot is our "go to" for everything from plants (which they have the amazing policy; if the plant dies within a year- they replace it! Let me repeat that, they replace it!!! For a serial plant killer, who tries with all her might to grow plants, this store policy provides for the only plant store we patronize) to anything we need for the house. Recently we had a clogged upstairs shower drain and went to Home Depot for drain cleaner, ran into Shirley who guaranteed us that "Instant Power Hair and Grease" drain cleaner would do the trick, if not, there was a moneyback guarantee. And brother was she right!!! This is the best thing for clogged drains and now I have converts (2 best friends) in another state who have used it too. If you can hunt down a associate in the department you need help in (which is usually easy) then Home Depot is the ultimate home improvement store.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

We live in a fairly captive area in as much as our closest city is over 30 miles away and that city has less than 10,000 people in it. As such, we only have Home Depot (and a Walmart) at our disposal when it comes to choosing which "Major" home improvement store we can shop at. Even though this Home Depot isn't the largest I've ever shopped at (We just moved here a year or so ago) I've been very impressed with the selection of items at this store. The fact that the staff at this store is/are extremely friendly, courteous and for the most part, knowledgeable of the area they are working in. Could it be better? Of course it could, but it wouldn't be for lack of trying. A smaller store has to be able stock those items that the majority would like, larger stores can (and do) stock some of the more "Non-standard" items.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Home Depot is wonderful! They are so much better than Walmart. I bought many heaters from HD. They were over $30 less than Walmart. They were shipped to me in two days. Walmart would send them to me in eight days. HD gave me a $50 discount for applying for their credit card. Walmart would not give a discount and many other problems with their credit card. I contacted Walmart about many issues. Their CS wanted a link to show what I was talking about. I sent him six links with all of the specifics. I have not heard back from Walmart since then. Walmart knows that I am right, Home Depot is so much better! Also, when I called HD with a question, they were quick, knowledgeable and very nice. I have shopped at Home Depot for years. They are one of the best stores I use. I highly recommend Home Depot.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

We bought a 9 x 48 porcelain flooring tile for our daughter's condo in downtown Phoenix from Zack at store #472 N Scottsdale. Cameron also helped with the order. Both were very professionally and went the extra mile to help us. As fate would have it we fell in love with a tile that was being discontinued. Half of the order had to be transferred from store #468 Thunderbird and Anthony from that store really went the extra mile to help us too. The delivery and order got a little mixed up as to who would be delivering it. Not to worry, Zack and Cameron rose to the occasion and personally picked up the tile from Thunderbird and delivered the tile to Downtown Phoenix in 114 degree weather and unloaded the heavy items themselves. That is SERVICE EXTRAORDINARY.!! We appreciate both of you more than words can express. THANK YOU ZACK AND CAMERON FROM HOME DEPOT #472 N SCOTTSDALE!!! Terri and Carlos

Original review: May 23, 2019

Home Depot re-laid my new carpet installation. I was not happy with the first person who did the installation. Home Depot inspected the install, and also found things that were not up to par on their end as well. A new date was assigned to me, and the carpet was re-installed with new carpet. Everything was pulled up, including the padding, and new padding, and carpet was installed. I can say Home Depot stepped up to the plate, took the bull by the horns and ran with it. I happy with this install, happy with the customer service I received from the manager and customer service young man in the carpet department at the East Windsor store. Would I recommend this store for others, YES. Thank you Home Depot for a install well done.

Home Depot stepped up to the plate to make my project work, with no hassles. No hassles. I was treated with respect, and my concerns were taken seriously by an assistant GM. I wasn't referred to any lower level folks except to facilitate progress. I was contacted every time I was promised, with helpful results. Not at any time was a "no" involved. THANK YOU HOME DEPOT!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I recently purchased a range from Homedepot.com. All went well except I was overcharged on sales tax. I live just outside the city limits of Cottonwood AZ. The sales tax rate in the city is 9.85% while in unincorporated areas of Yavapai county it's 6.35%. Home Depot apparently uses low quality tax software and I only get the run around from customer service via email, text, or telephone. As a result I have paid over $50 in excess tax and I assume it's going to the wrong jurisdiction as well. Every other online retailer I have used gets the tax right, including Lowe's.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I wanted to cancel my order for storage boxes, the associate said she cancelled it. Next day I get an email from Fedex saying they are on the way. Since I do not drive I am going to have to hire someone to bring the boxes to the local store for a return.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I placed an order for a custom made bi-fold closet door 63 X 76.25 (finished)), in Home Depot, Livermore, CA. When I installed the doors I noticed there was a 1 inch gap between the 2 doors (which looks horrible). I measured the doors, and to my surprise they were 62 X 76.27 (1 inc smaller). I contacted Home Depot, talked to 2 managers, Lisa ** and Rohnda, both of them told me that's the way they are supposed to look (ah?) "the reason there is a 1 inch gap in the center is due to the fact that there should be 1/4 inch gap between all four doors that equal the 1 inch gap". I was never informed if I order a custom door with specif measurements the final product was going to be smaller than requested... It doesn't make sense.

I watched all the tutorials posted on Homedepot.com on how to measure from wall to wall (not the actual doors) and I followed all their instructions. I also placed the order in person, with an "expert" at the doors department and I was never informed I needed to increase the width to allow for the hardware; never was I told to expect a 1 inch gap in the middle of my doors. I'm extremely disappointed. I have been fighting with Home Depot for over a month with no resolution. My kitchen closet doors look literally like crap (not like custom ordered) and it sounds like Home Depot is not willing to issue a refund. What part of the custom order am I missing? If you buy a dog, do you expect to receive a dog or a cat?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

This review is not regarding the appliances but is in reference to my experience with a $4000 OnLine order. I purchase an electric stovetop and double wall oven. I added on Haul Away and a 3 year protection plan. First, my scheduled delivery was canceled the night before two times. After the 2nd time I called the delivery department who called the brand customer service and basically they could not assure that the next scheduled delivery would actually be made. So, I crossed my fingers.

Surprise! The delivery made it. I was so excited to see the truck pull up. Well, to my surprise the Haul Away service that I paid for required the appliances to already be disconnected and just sitting waiting to be removed. Secondly, the delivery company did not install. Apparently for "certain" appliances, the buyer must purchase a separate Installation Service. Mind you, there is NO OPTION TO SELECT THIS WHEN PURCHASING. You must click on a totally different tab...Why would I do this? How do I know that the appliance I am purchasing requires this when not all others do?

Well, the driver and I try calling customer service to see how to quickly resolve my issue and could NEVER GET A REAL PERSON ON THE ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER. I proceed to call my local Home Depot's Major Appliance Department. Well, remember the call I made to them about my canceled deliveries issue; the same helpful employee now wanted to wash her hands of Home Depot OnLine but wanted to sell me their Installation Service. NO THANK YOU HOME DEPOT!! I did not take delivery of my items and canceled the order. I will be purchasing from another RETAILER.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

We purchased carpet and installation from Home Depot on 11/10/19. We were told it would be 2 weeks before we could have this installed. The estimators determined that there would be an extra charge to move our large furniture. We paid this up-charge. On 12/12/19, over a month later, our appointment for carpet installation had finally arrived. We had followed all the instructions that were sent to us in a video in preparation for the install. My husband took a day off. The one installer arrived and was not able to move the furniture by himself and his boss - over the phone- was asking for the homeowner to help move the furniture. What??

Why did we pay extra for the installers to move the furniture? Then the install company tried to say that we were supposed to remove all items from the dresser drawers. This was not indicated on the video that was sent to us by Home Depot that explained everything that we needed to do. We ended up cancelling the entire order due to this miserable, extremely frustrating, disappointing experience and will never purchase anything from Home Depot Services again.

Home Depot Company Information