Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Home Depot Reviews

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Home Depot is our "go to" for everything from plants (which they have the amazing policy; if the plant dies within a year- they replace it! Let me repeat that, they replace it!!! For a serial plant killer, who tries with all her might to grow plants, this store policy provides for the only plant store we patronize) to anything we need for the house. Recently we had a clogged upstairs shower drain and went to Home Depot for drain cleaner, ran into Shirley who guaranteed us that "Instant Power Hair and Grease" drain cleaner would do the trick, if not, there was a moneyback guarantee. And brother was she right!!! This is the best thing for clogged drains and now I have converts (2 best friends) in another state who have used it too. If you can hunt down a associate in the department you need help in (which is usually easy) then Home Depot is the ultimate home improvement store.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

We live in a fairly captive area in as much as our closest city is over 30 miles away and that city has less than 10,000 people in it. As such, we only have Home Depot (and a Walmart) at our disposal when it comes to choosing which "Major" home improvement store we can shop at. Even though this Home Depot isn't the largest I've ever shopped at (We just moved here a year or so ago) I've been very impressed with the selection of items at this store. The fact that the staff at this store is/are extremely friendly, courteous and for the most part, knowledgeable of the area they are working in. Could it be better? Of course it could, but it wouldn't be for lack of trying. A smaller store has to be able stock those items that the majority would like, larger stores can (and do) stock some of the more "Non-standard" items.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Home Depot is wonderful! They are so much better than Walmart. I bought many heaters from HD. They were over $30 less than Walmart. They were shipped to me in two days. Walmart would send them to me in eight days. HD gave me a $50 discount for applying for their credit card. Walmart would not give a discount and many other problems with their credit card. I contacted Walmart about many issues. Their CS wanted a link to show what I was talking about. I sent him six links with all of the specifics. I have not heard back from Walmart since then. Walmart knows that I am right, Home Depot is so much better! Also, when I called HD with a question, they were quick, knowledgeable and very nice. I have shopped at Home Depot for years. They are one of the best stores I use. I highly recommend Home Depot.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

We bought a 9 x 48 porcelain flooring tile for our daughter's condo in downtown Phoenix from Zack at store #472 N Scottsdale. Cameron also helped with the order. Both were very professionally and went the extra mile to help us. As fate would have it we fell in love with a tile that was being discontinued. Half of the order had to be transferred from store #468 Thunderbird and Anthony from that store really went the extra mile to help us too. The delivery and order got a little mixed up as to who would be delivering it. Not to worry, Zack and Cameron rose to the occasion and personally picked up the tile from Thunderbird and delivered the tile to Downtown Phoenix in 114 degree weather and unloaded the heavy items themselves. That is SERVICE EXTRAORDINARY.!! We appreciate both of you more than words can express. THANK YOU ZACK AND CAMERON FROM HOME DEPOT #472 N SCOTTSDALE!!! Terri and Carlos

Original review: May 23, 2019

Home Depot re-laid my new carpet installation. I was not happy with the first person who did the installation. Home Depot inspected the install, and also found things that were not up to par on their end as well. A new date was assigned to me, and the carpet was re-installed with new carpet. Everything was pulled up, including the padding, and new padding, and carpet was installed. I can say Home Depot stepped up to the plate, took the bull by the horns and ran with it. I happy with this install, happy with the customer service I received from the manager and customer service young man in the carpet department at the East Windsor store. Would I recommend this store for others, YES. Thank you Home Depot for a install well done.

Home Depot stepped up to the plate to make my project work, with no hassles. No hassles. I was treated with respect, and my concerns were taken seriously by an assistant GM. I wasn't referred to any lower level folks except to facilitate progress. I was contacted every time I was promised, with helpful results. Not at any time was a "no" involved. THANK YOU HOME DEPOT!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

Don't waste your time buying appliances from Home Depot especially not delivery. Horrible customer service. Literally the last stop for the driver. All day waiting. New apology or expression of contrition. Home depot just lost a customer.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I purchased a camera system online evidently at the end of September product delivered around October 1st. Product was purchased as a Christmas present and they were wired cameras which are very hard to install. Went to return Product in January but because I was a couple of weeks passed the 90 day return policy I was told they could not take it or even give me store credit. Mind you this is a $325 item that was never unpacked from its original Box. Nothing has ever been taken out of the Box. Home Depot should be ashamed

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I purchased their pack online of 6 packs×5 rolls, 3M, electrical, black tape, since we needed it ASAP. First off, their shipping didn't offer expedited on my item, so as it was normally going to arrive, it would already be 2 days after I needed it, but we could make do with what we had. That was fine. I get an e-mail saying it would arrive 2 days later than already expected, Jan 16th was the new date; not the end of the world. Do what you gotta. Then I get an email saying the item arrived, go check. No item. Check the tracking, the item was dropped off in Missouri... I live in Texas! And this was already late!

Called Home Depot, they call the supplier, supplier had slapped the wrong sticker on it, and there goes my order. AWESOME. So now, we're crazy low on our most needed supply as electricians, and someone in Missouri has a fresh pack of 30+ electrical tape. On the house. The rep told me he'd spoken with Mark and they would post my package ASAP, and Mark would be in touch. That was the 17th. 20th I call because I hadn't heard anything, Mark is not in, package is STILL not sent, and in the meantime we're running to Home Depot to resupply our tape, so they get double my money.

Called the following day, same song. Called again TODAY Jan 22nd, and the rep informs me that by their notes my package WAS indeed resent, TO THE SAME ADDRESS IN MISSOURI, and Mark is still, miraculously missing. I do NOT understand what kind of discount supplier Home Depot is using, but someone is not communicating something somewhere, and I've run out of time for this project.

I ask how I need to go about to get a refund and the Home Depot rep informs me that per policy, since the item has been "delivered" (to the wrong address, mind you, TWICE) that there is NOTHING they can do for me, so I need to call the bank and have them dispute this on my behalf. And meanwhile, well, we get more tape from Home Depot, because what other options do I have out where this project is? I am not bashing on the reps, they do what they can, but I am writing against Home Depot and their incompetent suppliers, their garbage online service, and most importantly on their unwillingness to fix the messes they allow. I have contacted my bank, and hopefully, sometime this year Mark finally reaches out to me and tells me why there's someone in Missouri with free electrical tape.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

To cut costs, I live in a fully insulated, four-season Keystone Montana. Unfortunately, my dual propane regulator went out and I realized I was without heat, hot water or cooking abilities. In order to save costs and NOT hire someone I didn't know, I figured I'd order online and go get the part. I went to the Home Depot website, found my regulator, checked to make sure it was AVAILABLE AND SHOWING THAT IT WAS ON SITE AND IN THE STORE. I ordered and paid for it, then drove down to pick it up.

I was met with Johnathon who informed me the item was NOT in their store and that it would be 7 days before it arrived, because it was a "special order". He had not response when I informed him the regulator showed that it was already there. I told him I needed to cancel and he promptly informed me I could not cancel UNTIL the order arrived on location. I was not happy but what could I do? "So you'll call then when the part comes in?" I asked. "Yes, we'll call you when it arrives".

On January 13th I got online and tracked my package, it had changed the arrival date from Jan 15th to January 14th. I was relieved and waited for the call. It never came. Due to my work schedule, I was finally able to drive out on the 17th. No call had come in yet. I had tried to call their store but was redirected to the wrong department and sat on hold for 10 minutes before hanging up. I was told to go to Customer Service and talk to Johnathon. I reminded him I had ordered a part that was supposed to be in the store, only to find out it was a "special order" and I had to wait 7 days. I then informed him I wanted to know what was going on, since I had NOT received a call and it was now three days AFTER it was supposed to arrive.

Johnathon said, "Let me call UPS and find out what's going on". I waited. There was a customer four feet from me so I tried not to raise my voice when Johnathon got of the phone, told me the package was on a "hold" where it was and something about UPS thinking the store was closed. I was incredulous, "So you're saying that it's now been nine days and no one knows WHEN I'll get it and I can't cancel until it arrives?" Johnathon looked at me and said, "well why don't you just cancel it?" I assure you, if there wasn't another customer standing a few feet away, I would have lost it. For some stupid reason, not wanting to EMBARRASS HIM, I said to Johnathon, "BECAUSE SOMEONE told me I had to WAIT UNTIL IT ARRIVED!". He didn't even blink, just casually said he'd call me them in about an hour after they "investigated" and called him back.

Today is the 20th of January: 12 days after my order was paid for and shipped. I called Home Depot in Red Bluff AGAIN. This time requesting a manager. A guy named Frank answers. I explain my situation. He seems concerned, says he'll call me in "about a half hour" but that he's going to call around and find out if he can remedy things. Four hours later-no call. So I call back, explain to the same lady who forwarded me last time, that I needed Frank again. She says, "Oh, well he's gone for the day. "IS THERE A MANAGER THAT OVERSEES THE ENTIRE STORE THEN? I NEED TO TALK TO HIM" I say, not very nicely. She stammers, "Oh, um. We're kind of between managers right now. We don't have one right now".

I finally called UPS 10 minutes ago and they cancelled the order for me since there was no option for that online. For the Love of God, don't order online at Home Depot! Their platform won't tell you correct information nor will anyone care to call you back or stand behind their erroneous info! JFYI?? UPS said you can call the store and cancel immediately, so don't let them do to you, what they did to me.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I'll sum it up in a few words. I will never shop here again Expression the after I have an associate tell me I have no patience and hung up the phone on me after delivering in order to me. That was almost $2000. It was damaged. I then went to cancel my order and she refused to cancel it making it very hard for me to have to go through that process. I then went into the store and spoke with the manager about it.

After that the next day I get a call from the same associate asking me how my delivery. One I am peeved over the whole thing. The manager never took care of responsibility and therefore I now deal with hang up calls throughout the night and I am done with this. I then call the manager back to find out he says there's 2 of the same people names. I know who called me. I know the voice. She clearly stated who she was. I'm not a stupid person. Don't mess with me and my money and certainly don't tell me I have no patience. As of now I have no patience to shop at Home Depot. I've taken my credit card and my business to Lowe's.

Home Depot Company Information