3.0/5 (654 ratings)

About Home Depot

Home Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2023

No problem with the sales person or in store. But the call on the day before delivery never came so I contacted HDepot. Was promised it was in the warehouse and on the truck. Specifically gave me the # of the truck it was on (#4), that it was loaded, and that it was # 10 on the list and that it would definitely arrive. I called again the morning of the supposed delivery and was again told it was on the truck and would come and they would call 30 minutes before. No call. At 4 pm I called HDepot and they said it would not be delivered for a week (after I had cancelled appointments and stayed home all day waiting for them). Essentially they lied. It was never even out for delivery. Their customer reps (when you can finally get to one past the robots) were nice, but apparently their delivery service is completely irresponsible. I understand they use a subcontractor, maybe a mistake.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2023

Ordered Home Depot's Home Decorator Collection file console online. Company sent incomplete product - wrong back panels. Contacted support to order correct back panel. Built console, waited for back panel. 3 days later was informed no correct panel would be sent. Over a dozen emails, 2 batches of pictures and an hour long chat with Home Depot, vendor Home Decorator Collection refuses to send correct back panel to complete product. They buy from China, said it was imported so couldn't. They and Home Depot both refused to pull out a correct panel from another box and send to me. I said I would wait, even if it took weeks or months to get. They refused.

Both Home Depot and vendor insisted I had to take built product back to store for refund, and reorder another product from them. I suggested an assembled product be sent to me and incomplete one I built picked up. No, they would not do so. Neither Home Depot nor the vendor stands behind their product. I consider this a bait and switch; who is to say any of the products have a complete, accurate list of products? And if they do not, the customer is out of luck. Do not buy Home Decorators or order from Home Depot.

Get buying tips about Lighting Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

I ordered a new dishwasher with installation and haul away of the old one. I was the last delivery/installation of the day for the crew and I could tell they were running late on their shift. They installed the dishwasher and left without testing it. I tried to operate it and realized it was not getting water and determined the valve was closed. I turned the valve on and water gushed everywhere. I realize now afterwards that the installers knew this because they were asking for paper towels at the end of the install to dry the cabinet. They left with the valve off knowing the dishwasher would not work. Called HD and got the runaround. Now I have to wait another week before they come to finish the job. Wish I had kept my old working washer.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

Let me start off by saying that I don't do reviews and that my complaint is not with any of the Home Depot workers as they have been trying to resolve this issue the best that they can. Because this is a third-party, contracted, delivery company that Home Depot uses there is not much they can do. This has been, hands down, the worst experience that I have had.

I ordered a refrigerator in December and the delivery has been canceled by the delivery company several times. One of those times the driver called to confirm that he was on his way and never showed up. There was no explanation as to why just a notification that it, once again, needed to be rescheduled. Rescheduled, it was supposed to be delivered two weeks later. Again, without notice, the delivery was canceled. Now it is scheduled to be delivered the first week in February, over a month since the refrigerator was purchased. I will never buy anything from Home Depot again because of this problem and would not recommend them to anyone else. What a shame.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

I purchase a GE Profile refrigerator June of 2021 with a 5 year protection plan warranty. Within a 15 months the refrigerator stopped working properly. I called home depot to report the issue, and hopefully since I'm covered under my warranty get my refrigerator fixed. Instead of assisting in the situation, I was given the runaround. Home Depot claimed that GE was responsible for fixing the fridge because they were the only people equipped to fix the refrigerator. GE did not want to fix it because the fridge was now more than a year old, and no longer under the manufacturer warranty.

For a month and half I was being tossed around between these two companies. No one wanted to take responsibility. I spent the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays without a fridge. To say I was highly irritated and disappointed is an understatement. I would advise any person purchasing any appliances at home depot not to let them con you into buying a warranty, it's garbage. It's a money grab. Home depot left a very bitter taste in my mouth after this nightmarish experience, and I don't plan on making expensive purchases at that store ever.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

Our tiller was delivered yesterday morning, January 23. We were supposed to be notified by a driver 30 minutes prior to delivery. That didn't happen. There was no knock on the door to let us know they were here., (My 3 nosey dogs never barked.) We were told the tiller would be put in a garage, on a patio, or in the carport. Instead it was dropped in the mud. This tiller weighs about 400 pounds. I don't have special material handling equipment like that driver had, so I've been forced to unpack the box piece by piece to lighten it to see if I could move it, which I have not been able to do. The bulk of the tiller has spent the night outside in the weather and we expect rain tomorrow. I will spend my day today trying to move this tiller body into the carport where it should have been placed to start with.

When we called Home Depot to ask for help, we were told we just received basic delivery. Their "customer care representative", when asked if dropping it in the mud and leaving it was acceptable, responded with "Yes." This is not acceptable. Let me advise you to order large items with caution. Home Depot customer service is obviously non-existent. Your item can come whenever they choose, and be dumped wherever they wish. Live with it.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Bought a laundry tower and arrange it to be delivered on January 10, and the installation and hauling the old one, was to be done the next day. So, here I was waiting all day for them to not show up, when calling customer service, they informed me, that the delivery was change to the following day. I told them that they never contacted me to do the change and the delivery can't be done said day and to move it to the following week. The installer called to confirm the delivery and told them they didn't deliver it and arrange the installation the next day.

Deliver went well. Now the installer called to say he was to arrive 25 minutes later. 10 minutes later he called to know what kind of appliances they would haul out. Told him the kind of the old appliance and right there and there, he said he can not do it by himself and has to be done by 2 peoples. The contractors from Home Depot call me to arrange a new time and day. When I ask them if they are confirming that they have to haul the old one, surprise, surprise. They say that they don't have that order. The order is only for installation.

Again calling customer service to have them clarify and confirm the installation and the hauling. The representative told me that there was a note on my account that I was rude. News to Home Depot, if you disrespected me and been rude to me by not respecting the agreement, not contact me before or after changing orders and cancelling 10 minutes before showing up. You bet that I'm going to talk loud and be rude to you. Is almost a month since I purchase the Laundry tower and is seating in the middle of my place. Please, if you need appliances, shop somewhere else

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

Opened an HD credit card to purchase a zero turn lawn tractor. I was told I would be getting 24 mos interest-free. However, they never sent me a statement and on day 31 of the first billing cycle retro’d the interest due which I find a bit deceptive. Paid off this account plus interest and am closing this crappy card.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

The Home Depot offer of 0% interest for X months term on deals leaves customers in vulnerable position on the back end of the term! I purchased an appliance package for $3000 and set up auto payments from my bank account to pay off the $3000 with in the 24-month term agreement. Approximately 20-21 months later I used my Home Depot credit card again for a $400 purchase. Lo and behold to me Home depot started to apply my auto withdraw payments towards current charges, not the future charges which is what I set my payments to go towards. Due to Home Depot’s accounting practices, which I feel are DECEPTIVE and TRICKERY at its best, my account defaulted. At that point Home Depot charge my account for all the accrued back interest of the original $3000 purchase, those interest fee totaled $1500!

Thankfully, after speaking to a Home Depot account rep., he was able to credit back the interest charges once I paid off the $400 due on the current charges I owed. Home Depot this is a disservice to your customer. And as much as I appreciate your stores offering it will take some time before patronizing your business again. Unhappy Customer.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

I entered into an agreement for the installation of Hurricane Impact Windows at a cost of 11K. Installed on 10/12/2022. Failed inspection 2 weeks after. It has been an exercise in futility for the Home Depot to remedy the situation. Promises made that were broken, no-show, missed appointment and customer service representatives hanging up the phone. I have tried numerous time to have this issue remedied to no avail. I tried BBB and still they are not responding genuinely. It still a run around. They simply don't care yet I am expected to pay monthly for hurricane impact windows that are useless. Water is running into the house when rain falls and impact the windows.

As a poor person I am seeking legal representation since no one should experience what I have with the terrible service of Home Depot. I wanted to use another business, however, I felt the work order would have been effective, quick and professional. This is regret. I wish I had never allowed or enter into an agreement for them to install my hurricane impact windows. The installation was done on October 12, 2022 today is 12/31/2022 and the job failed inspection, no one from home depot is interested in rectifying the failed incomplete job and I am in a hybrid position as a poor paying customer. Be warned the service in Florida leave a lot to be desired. Nobody cares. I am still hoping that this can be closed without legal representation.

Home Depot Company Information