Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Home Depot Reviews

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Home Depot is our "go to" for everything from plants (which they have the amazing policy; if the plant dies within a year- they replace it! Let me repeat that, they replace it!!! For a serial plant killer, who tries with all her might to grow plants, this store policy provides for the only plant store we patronize) to anything we need for the house. Recently we had a clogged upstairs shower drain and went to Home Depot for drain cleaner, ran into Shirley who guaranteed us that "Instant Power Hair and Grease" drain cleaner would do the trick, if not, there was a moneyback guarantee. And brother was she right!!! This is the best thing for clogged drains and now I have converts (2 best friends) in another state who have used it too. If you can hunt down a associate in the department you need help in (which is usually easy) then Home Depot is the ultimate home improvement store.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

We live in a fairly captive area in as much as our closest city is over 30 miles away and that city has less than 10,000 people in it. As such, we only have Home Depot (and a Walmart) at our disposal when it comes to choosing which "Major" home improvement store we can shop at. Even though this Home Depot isn't the largest I've ever shopped at (We just moved here a year or so ago) I've been very impressed with the selection of items at this store. The fact that the staff at this store is/are extremely friendly, courteous and for the most part, knowledgeable of the area they are working in. Could it be better? Of course it could, but it wouldn't be for lack of trying. A smaller store has to be able stock those items that the majority would like, larger stores can (and do) stock some of the more "Non-standard" items.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Home Depot is wonderful! They are so much better than Walmart. I bought many heaters from HD. They were over $30 less than Walmart. They were shipped to me in two days. Walmart would send them to me in eight days. HD gave me a $50 discount for applying for their credit card. Walmart would not give a discount and many other problems with their credit card. I contacted Walmart about many issues. Their CS wanted a link to show what I was talking about. I sent him six links with all of the specifics. I have not heard back from Walmart since then. Walmart knows that I am right, Home Depot is so much better! Also, when I called HD with a question, they were quick, knowledgeable and very nice. I have shopped at Home Depot for years. They are one of the best stores I use. I highly recommend Home Depot.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

We bought a 9 x 48 porcelain flooring tile for our daughter's condo in downtown Phoenix from Zack at store #472 N Scottsdale. Cameron also helped with the order. Both were very professionally and went the extra mile to help us. As fate would have it we fell in love with a tile that was being discontinued. Half of the order had to be transferred from store #468 Thunderbird and Anthony from that store really went the extra mile to help us too. The delivery and order got a little mixed up as to who would be delivering it. Not to worry, Zack and Cameron rose to the occasion and personally picked up the tile from Thunderbird and delivered the tile to Downtown Phoenix in 114 degree weather and unloaded the heavy items themselves. That is SERVICE EXTRAORDINARY.!! We appreciate both of you more than words can express. THANK YOU ZACK AND CAMERON FROM HOME DEPOT #472 N SCOTTSDALE!!! Terri and Carlos

Original review: May 23, 2019

Home Depot re-laid my new carpet installation. I was not happy with the first person who did the installation. Home Depot inspected the install, and also found things that were not up to par on their end as well. A new date was assigned to me, and the carpet was re-installed with new carpet. Everything was pulled up, including the padding, and new padding, and carpet was installed. I can say Home Depot stepped up to the plate, took the bull by the horns and ran with it. I happy with this install, happy with the customer service I received from the manager and customer service young man in the carpet department at the East Windsor store. Would I recommend this store for others, YES. Thank you Home Depot for a install well done.

Home Depot stepped up to the plate to make my project work, with no hassles. No hassles. I was treated with respect, and my concerns were taken seriously by an assistant GM. I wasn't referred to any lower level folks except to facilitate progress. I was contacted every time I was promised, with helpful results. Not at any time was a "no" involved. THANK YOU HOME DEPOT!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: March 28, 2020

I am always doing home repairs. Recently made a large purchase at Home Depot. Get an email from what appears to be home depot asking for survey of purchase experience. After survey free gift for doing survey. Free gift only shipping and handling. Beware trial not free gift. Bill you for shipping 1st then you get billed full price for gift lol 15 days later. I immediately called 800#. Agent confirmed not gift. You will be bill on your credit card for full price of ** gift scam. I demanded full refund immediately and got confirmation email. Basically once you get it surprise!! I wonder why a company like Home Depot would team up with deceitful online survey companies. Only hurts them. Thanks if you read.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Approximately 19 March me and my best friend which happens to be ** win up to the Home Depot that is located on Sanderson in Florida. I had went to the garden section 1st, ain’t got a whole bunch of inside plants as well. As I went outside to get a blackberry bush, was followed by eights security officers. I went down the command strips, the aisle to get the command strips as well as the things to put on the loss of your door knob don’t make a hole in it. I had over $200 worth of items in my basket. They asked my best friend/sister why I had all that stuff in my basket and have yet to pay for it and she, at which point one of the coworkers called my sister the N-word and the other coworker called me a **.

We were both racially profiled against, followed around the store by two employees and when I went outside to get the blackberry bush those two employees followed me outside as well as called extra security, as if I was going to sell the items. I will then went back into the store, went into the self check out line and was outside is very very very grateful ** woman. I don’t know her name but she was very helpful. She overheard everything as in the whole situation.

I didn’t call the manager or the next day I went in and bought some Clorox cleanup’s, he gave me $50 off my bill but that doesn’t compensate be emotional and mental abuse that we both went through by going to that store, that will forever haunt me and I don’t know if I go in that store again because I don’t like to be treated that way. I’m not a thief. Nora is my sister but your profile says one and treated as if we were one was totally unnecessary. We are looking into getting an attorney in this matter because they should’ve never been profiled to begin with.

Original review: March 25, 2020

I went to Home Depot to get a quote on replacing two 50 Gallon Water Heaters. I was given a sales pitch and told many reasons why I should buy from Home Depot. One of the main selling points was that they worked with fully vetted installation contractors. These “Home Depot Approved” contractors were marketed to me as: fully licensed, insured and that they warrantied their work. My experience was quite the opposite.

It is standard procedure in my town that a City Inspector comes in behind the installer to make sure the work adheres to code. When the Inspector arrived, I was immediately informed that the plumber sent by Home Depot was not licensed. Upon inspection of the work performed, the inspector told me the installation did not meet city code. I received a red tag fail on my home – a picture is available. There can be no dispute that substandard work was performed by an unlicensed plumber.

I called the plumber, who tried to “BS” their way out of the situation. I then called Home Depot who made excuses as to what happened. I had to file a complaint to Customer Service at Home Depot HQ before remediation was finally completed and the city inspection was finally passed. My issues are:

1) I was clearly told by Home Depot that a licensed plumber would complete the install and my home would pass inspection. This was a falsehood and clearly not the case.
      2) The plumber would not act to rectify the issue until I had to contact Home Depot. This further shows the warranty relatively useless and is not as the language in the Home Depot contract states.

3) I find Home Deport sales tactics to be deceptive and a violation of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act as does two attorneys that have reviewed the matter.

So, future Home Depot consumers, please be aware of this matter and make your choices accordingly.

Original review: March 25, 2020

I ordered three appliances for delivery. We were scheduled for delivery and given a generous 4 hour window from 3 to 7 pm. When it became obvious they were not going to arrive within the stated time, I called the 1 800 number provided. Actually I called three times and was assured that my appliances would be delivered, that all items on the truck would be taken care of. On my last call I was told that it was not unusual for deliveries to take place as late as 9 pm. Needless to say, my appliances did not arrive and no one called to inform me of this or to offer up a new delivery time. I spent several hours trying to find out where my appliances were and when they would be delivered. These items were fully paid for, by the way. Home Depot contracts with a third party to carry out the deliveries. Apparently this third party has no interest in customer service and Home Depot is okay with that.

Original review: March 24, 2020

When getting lumber supplies from this store, you're far better off going in a choosing it yourself. When ordering it online, having it delivered or store pick up, they must give you the crappiest pieces of warped, broken pieces that they have in stock. Time to shop at Lowe's from now on. I have lost faith in this store since this is not my first time experiencing this problem. Extremely disappointed in the quality that Home depot supplies.

Home Depot Company Information