Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Home Depot Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

We bought a 9 x 48 porcelain flooring tile for our daughter's condo in downtown Phoenix from Zack at store #472 N Scottsdale. Cameron also helped with the order. Both were very professionally and went the extra mile to help us. As fate would have it we fell in love with a tile that was being discontinued. Half of the order had to be transferred from store #468 Thunderbird and Anthony from that store really went the extra mile to help us too. The delivery and order got a little mixed up as to who would be delivering it. Not to worry, Zack and Cameron rose to the occasion and personally picked up the tile from Thunderbird and delivered the tile to Downtown Phoenix in 114 degree weather and unloaded the heavy items themselves. That is SERVICE EXTRAORDINARY.!! We appreciate both of you more than words can express. THANK YOU ZACK AND CAMERON FROM HOME DEPOT #472 N SCOTTSDALE!!! Terri and Carlos

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Just want to let people know that I had the best experience at Home Depot in Modesto CA on Hatch Road with a person that works in the flooring department named Genesis. After being told by an employee that they don't stock bullnose for the tile I have purchase there (Marazzi Vita Elegante) Genesis took time and researched to see if they stock it and found that they did, it took us a while to find them, cause there were only half of what I needed and they were mixed in with others. She then proceeded to see if any stores nearby had them in stock and of course the other Home Depot did. Genesis, a very bubbly personality, very easy going and carefree. Took time to help me. I wish more employees were like her. Genesis step up and ran with it, very happy for her service. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Home Depot re-laid my new carpet installation. I was not happy with the first person who did the installation. Home Depot inspected the install, and also found things that were not up to par on their end as well. A new date was assigned to me, and the carpet was re-installed with new carpet. Everything was pulled up, including the padding, and new padding, and carpet was installed. I can say Home Depot stepped up to the plate, took the bull by the horns and ran with it. I happy with this install, happy with the customer service I received from the manager and customer service young man in the carpet department at the East Windsor store. Would I recommend this store for others, YES. Thank you Home Depot for a install well done.

Home Depot stepped up to the plate to make my project work, with no hassles. No hassles. I was treated with respect, and my concerns were taken seriously by an assistant GM. I wasn't referred to any lower level folks except to facilitate progress. I was contacted every time I was promised, with helpful results. Not at any time was a "no" involved. THANK YOU HOME DEPOT!

Resolution response: Oct. 25, 2018

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I ordered a full set of Thomasville kitchen cabinets from Home Depot. They went into production on time, and were delivered as promised. We had the kitchen measured 2 times prior to payment, and one time after that resulted in a 3 inch change. Something in the plans got mixed up or skewed, my island at almost 11 feet long was short 3/4" for an 24" appliance bay. Crown molding was also incorrect. In one trip to the store, I was able to start a professional and courteous path to my project's success, which cost HD $2,200 out of pocket. It took a week for manager approval, but the materials were ordered and delivered as promised. The outcome is amicable despite a 3 week delay in construction, and I would recommend using this service despite this issue.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

After reading some of the reviews they almost appear to be vindictive. I never really write reviews, however after reading some of these, I feel it is necessary to relate my experiences. On 14 October I went looking for a 4 door french Samsung fridge. I checked out everyone all day long and when checking out Home Depot I was advised that not only was their price the lowest, they would guarantee lowest price plus 10% cheaper. I found the fridge I wanted at Lowe's for 3698 but it was damaged back and front and although listed at 3600 I was able to talk them down to 3000 delivered, however that was a damaged unit. Then Rona had a buy 2 of same brand and save the taxes which is basically a 12% discount.

I then went back with their offer to the very nice lady at Home Depot, she confirmed my paperwork and applied the discount to the fridge plus the additional 10% and free shipping. It was a very smooth transaction, no arguing or fine print just matching the lowest price I found plus an additional 10% off. I was given a choice of delivery dates which were confirmed 3 times by text/phone call and even received a phone call from them confirming my measurements for the larger than normal fridge would fit.

On the confirmed delivery date I received a call 15 minutes ahead of truck arrival and they arrived with my fridge boxed 15 minutes later as promised. The fridge was boxed upon arrival and was unboxed in my presence, the truck remained on the street so not to mark up my custom tinted driveway and they carefully carried the fridge of 175 kg (380 pounds) by straps into my house.

Never have I had a better purchase and delivery service then what I received from Home Depot. The fridge I purchased was $4242.41 delivered along with a cheap dishwasher for my guest suite. All in all I saved $945 compared to other brand stores including Costco I might mention. Both my wife and I were so impressed with the sale and exceptional service that we went looking for a new wall oven and found one at Leon's on sale for $99 cheaper than Home Depot. Needless to say back to Home Depot, with different sales associate and a savings of $445 with oven to be delivered on this coming Friday.

Like I said previously I do not write reviews, however after over 32 years in Law Enforcement I see how people twist and turn things around to benefit their side, including threats of listing a poor review. I was not asked to write this review, however after reading some of these reviews they really appear to be self-serving, if you read between the lines. So be a proper investigator, judge for yourself and see what Home Depot offers in regards to their price match policy and service. I saved on all three items or both orders the sum of $1,390 and if you consider that I would have paid 12% on top of that for tax it comes to over $1,550. This is now my first review and probably my last, I only wrote it because of all the negative reviews which you do not have to be an experienced trained investigator to see the real reason they are posted.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I ordered a five-gallon bucket of paint via the Home Depot website. Paid when order was placed. I checked several times to see if it had been delivered to the store. "Not yet," I was told. Rather than wait, I bought paint elsewhere, which was promptly delivered. Called Home Depot back. Can I cancel the order? "Not yet," I was told.

Got busy with the painting project and, my bad, forgot about the Home Depot order. A month later [light bulb appears above head] I remember the order. Turns out it Was damaged in shipment, discarded by UPS, never delivered to the store. I was not notified. Customer Service says, "well, you got a shipping notification. You should'a checked!" I say, "I should have been notified!" Have been refunded the money. But they would have kept it, no problem, if I didn't call. Crummy service, crummy policy. Never again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

A little over four years ago we purchased a large Samsung French door refrigerator with an ice/water dispenser in the door. We also purchased Home Depot's five year extended warranty for $280. Additional to type purchase price. About a year after our purchase the door handles started coming loose. Called Samsung, they said call Home Depot. Was told sorry, not covered, cosmetic. We took care of it ourselves. About six months later we noticed a crack in the ice bin. Again, we were told sorry, not covered, cosmetic. We had to buy a replacement ourselves. Last week we noticed some bubbling of the paint and obvious rusting around the ice dispenser door. Again, called Home Depot, and lo and behold, SORRY, NOT COVERED, COSMETIC.

My wife and I are retirees in our mid seventies. When buying the warranty, we asked what it covered. The salesman told us "anything not covered by Samsung". Oh, really? What are we supposed to follow? We take pride in what we have taking good care so things will last. We don't have a lot of expendable dollars to replace this major appliance.

After having their representative out who told us nothing could be done, I stopped in to the North Port Home Depot store and was told by the sales lady in the appliance dept. that she steers people away from purchasing Samsung and LG products because of their poor quality and service. Had we known this upfront we would have done further searching for an appliance that we would be satisfied with. And we would never had expended the morning new to purchase their "EXTENDED WARRANTY" which is a waste of money. I have reached out to Home Depot and Samsung with no results. In the past ten years we spent in excess of ten thousand dollars at your stores. I guess I need to shop at one of your competitors in the future, because this has shown me that Home Depot doesn't care about its "Valued" customers. This is from Frank **.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Have purchased many items and appliances from Home Depot. Don't know what has changed but their customer service has dropped to a zero. I purchased, a refrigerator 2 years ago and also an extended warranty. In July of this year my freezer started leaking water all over the floor. Since the factory warranty was expired my call went through Asurion. The repairman came about 2 weeks later and said he had to order a part but did a temporary fix. When he left nothing was working. A month went by and I never heard back from them. I attempted to contact them but a recording answered the phone each time and no one ever came to the phone. Finally, I contacted Home Depot. Com, who was very apologetic. They listened to my concern and told me the repair company would get right back to me. That did not happen.

Bottom line is they never came back to fix it. I spent hours on the phone trying to get someone to address my problem. After going the entire summer with no refrigerator, Asurion finally purchased my appliance back in September. I immediately purchased a new one with my Home Depot Credit. Thought all was good. My delivery was scheduled for the following Thursday. I received a voicemail confirming the day and time window. Also I was sent a link to track my delivery. When they did not show at the time promised I went online to check the tracking. NOW, it read Friday.

When I called the delivery company and asked what happened they said it did not arrive on time to make the delivery on Thursday. I asked why I was not called to advise me of the change. The girl on the phone said she didn't know why. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She was rude and actually said I was never scheduled for Thursday and that it was always a Friday delivery. I told her I still have the voicemail from the previous night confirming Thursday. I then called Home Depot to tell them how unhappy I was with this service and after listening to all the excuses I told her to cancel the, order. She got back to me after cancelling and gave me a voucher number for my refund.

The next day the delivery people came, after I cancelled, I was not home and my 97 year old Mother left them in. In spite of the cancellation they took my old refrigerator and left the new one. Come to find out, the ice maker was not working and the door was not reversed as I stated on my order, and the refrigerator was not getting as cold as it should. I called Home Depot one more time to have it picked up. I told them IF it was working I would have kept it even after all that mess. I was, told that since the order was cancelled they could not come out to fix it.

Finally they picked it up, My refund was used for the cancelled order. I was told I would have to wait about 10 days for my refund, they now have my old refrigerator and the new one and they could not cap off the waterline to the ice maker. It is now October, I wake up every morning to water running over the bucket from the waterline and no refrigerator. Does anyone know of an attorney to take my case. July through October with no working refrigerator. **

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I had appliances delivered via this company. They missed my first delivery due to a phone number discrepancy which I called FOUR times previous to correct. They came with my appliances a week later. One was damaged on delivery so they ordered another one to be delivered. I updated my phone number IN PERSON with delivery crew. Then next week they missed my appointment again because they called the wrong number. I called a FIFTH time to update my phone number and no "supposedly" they are coming AGAIN this week. I don't believe anything is updated.

Also, I have new flooring and paint and was "reassured" they wore booties and put plastic on floors. They don't. They wheel dirty dollies in/out all over, use the bathroom, ask for drinks (and also select what type of drink they want out your fridge). Also I was starting a new job and had to rearrange it. Arrange it around THEIR time even though had they updated my number when I called. My new appliances would have been delivered in a timely manner BEFORE my job and BEFORE I got new paint/floors installed and BEFORE the movers came with all of my property. Don't use Home Depot or this company. What a nightmare.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Absolutely got screwed by Home Depot! Made an order for kitchen appliances, $6000+, and they didn't get the address correct. Had to pay while making the order, but never got the delivery. And is there a way to get your money back from an online order? Hell no. Calls to the customer service and the service managers were met with no results. Said there was nothing they could do so not their problem. I will repeat this experience to everyone I see. Never shop there again!

Home Depot Company Information