2. Homeowners
  3. Lighting Stores

3.8/5 (2372 ratings)

About Home Depot

Home Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: June 28, 2021

We were at the Home Depot on Copans on Saturday June 26th looking for a ceiling fan, the gal in the lighting department told us they no longer had stock but looked at other stores that may have it. She referred us to customer service so they could look up other stores for availability. At the customer service desk there was a true gentleman by the name Jerome, he was patient, understood our need and also gave us specs on the fan; he was wonderful. He called many stores until he found the one store that had just 1 fan available, so he ask that they hold in customer service. When we got to the Deerfield Beach store Ed in electrical already had the fan in customer service waiting for us. We no longer expect this type of service at retail stores, things has changes and employees don't seem to care. Instead Jerome was awesome and I want to thank him for his time, knowledge and excellent customer service.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Excellent price. Delivered to my door. Built in handles for easy moving. Seemed a little tricky to install. Plumber said inst not very helpful. 60 in size. Very comfortable for chunky man. Quick to fill, a little slow to drain. Taps and shower cheaper quality. Good finish and seal.

Get buying tips about Lighting Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

My wife and I visited Home Depot in Emeryville, California from time to time. When we find it very hard to find out the product which we need, Ms. Michella **, Flooring Specialist always help us out to find whatever we need even though the item we are seeking has nothing to do with her department. She is really an exemplary employee who serves their clients extremely well. She even brought a big ladder from other department to bring down an item which we wanted a week ago. We highly value her dedication to her clients, and consider her to be great asset to Home Depot Emeryville store.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

We recently remodeled our bathrooms. The tile contractor would not get involved in where to buy the material. He did suggest Home Depot. I had been a long time Lowe's customer and was wary of Home Depot big box reputation for poor service. I placed my entire material order online from the convenience of my office. I made one trip to our local Clovis Ca store for the purpose of seeing the tile we were ordering. Young lady in tile was new and needed some training and experience. But, we did finally locate the tile we wanted to see. The tile, grout, Schluter edge molding, faucets and plumbing accessories came in perfect and either ahead of delivery or on the date stated. Packaging was perfect. Needed help from customer service twice. Both times the wait was short. The people spoke English and they got me the answer I needed. Home Depot is now my go-to HI project company.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I see many customers reviewed the store as bad. That is the case where I am going against the public opinion of majority. I don't know company in the US with better customer service than Home Depot. Of course, there are some disadvantages. There are bad and sometimes even rude employees (mostly novices). However most of my visits to this store were more than great. No problems with returns, no problems with parking, no problems with restrooms, no problems with variety of tools available. Again, there are some disadvantages, but let's compare it with other stores. Lowe's is overpriced, Walmart is persecuting its own customers (e.g. Walmart blocked my account without reasonable explanation), ACE is harassing customers just because of parking. Home Depot is the store I really love. Among competitors, it is the best. I wish the best to this company.

Original review: July 22, 2021

I bought a 72 inch Husky Tool Chest on June. A week later they delivered the wrong one and before they took it off the truck I showed them my receipt and they acknowledged it was wrong. They were to send the right one out two days later but canceled and told me to reorder. I did and that tool chest has never been delivered. I have lost count of the phone calls, time on hold, case numbers, service agents etc....bottom line is that I am tired of trying to get this resolved and the effort it has taken with no follow up or delivery from Home Depot. Their website is full of FAQ's that are worthless for a problem like this and you will end up in a phone tree and on hold to talk to a person, who is compassionate about the problem...but does nothing. It has been 30 days.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I purchased a plant online from Home Depot and they asked for my review. I sent them the following.... "The plant looked good in the plastic container when it arrived. It was totally dried out and root bound so bad that it almost died when I planted it. Fortunately I was able to salvage that $51.00 investment and barely nursed it back to health." They did not approve, nor post my review. They gave the following reason.... "Your review text was not approved because it contains shipping complaints." Apparently Home Depot does not want you to know the truth about their inferior products.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Home Depot offers a 10% Veteran's Discount in the stores, but will not honor it online like Lowes does. Why!!! I went into the store to order an air conditioner, where I would have gotten a 10% discount, and they referred me to homedepot.com where it was available and I bought it. I was told by customer service that my discount would not be honored online. Is this a ploy to make more money? Lowe's honors Veterans with a discount both in the store and online. Shame on you Home Depot for only supporting Veterans "sometimes". This needs to go viral!!!!

Original review: July 7, 2021

I spent a few thousand dollars on supplies for a new bathroom I was having done at Home Depot in Peoria, AZ. Back in November, I was purchasing floor tiles, wall tiles, faucets, sinks, etc., one of which was Daltile 3”x6” subway tiles for my bathroom walls. Not knowing how many in the end I would need, I specifically asked the manager in the tile dept. at that time if I bought more tiles than I use, as they were open stock could they be returned. He told me absolutely that the Daltile I was purchasing—a 3” x 6” bright white subway tile—could be returnable as you could also purchase them singly. I purchased many boxes of this tile as my receipt showed. No one ever said you couldn’t return 30 of them if they were bought by the box and not separately. Who would buy hundreds of tiles all separately? That only a full case could be returned. A case of 100 tiles sold for $15.00 so $1.50/tile. But, if you bought them singly, they were $.15.

At first, the customer service cashier Reagan in fact was going to give me back the cost of one entire case—$15–but I was kind enough to point out to her that the $15 was for 100 tiles and I was only returning 30 tiles, not 100. From then on, Reagan was completely belligerent, snickering and laughing with the other customer service cashier as she said she wouldn’t refund less than a box of 100. I was refused from returning 30 tiles for a credit on my credit card. They put up such a fight over $4.50. I wanted the refund on my credit card not cash in hand, but was only granted a gift card in the end which I didn’t want as I’m done shopping for the bathroom. Why should I have to spend more money in the Home Depot rather than receive a refund? It made no sense.

The cashier Reagan working the service desk was so beyond rude. Reagan then called a manager in tiles over at my insistence and he was very willing to do the refund on my card until Reagan put up such a big fuss with him saying it can’t be done that way and saying she didn’t have the code for single tiles only cases! I will never set foot in another Home Depot again. To treat a customer in that regard that has a slew of receipts with her for hundreds of dollars spent in that store, and over $4.50! It’s Lowe’s for me from now on.

Original review: July 6, 2021

We purchased multiple closet systems. First of all they came in different deliveries (still pieces haven’t arrived fully). Most boxes are smashed and damaged. Attempted the return and it’s a huge pain as they requested for pick up, but for the past 3 weeks these huge boxes are sitting in my yard and no one showed up to pick them up. I’m sick of calling customer service and explaining over and over and being remained on the line for hours. My question is how is it possible to receive multiple boxes and all are damaged? Shippings are irresponsible and unorganized. This is just extremely frustrating.

Home Depot Company Information