1.19/5

2571 Home Depot Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2019

Could not find anyone to help me purchase faucets. People working there are nonexistent and clueless. Shop online and they take better care of you. Will never shop there again!!! They need people to guide you to merchandise as well.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I placed an order online via homedepot.com on February 5th to replace a dishwasher that was no longer functioning. I included the installation and haul away service with my purchase for the convenience of not managing those steps separately. My delivery/installation date was scheduled for February 9th. The delivery/installation contractor (Freight Rite) arrived on the afternoon of February 9th with the new dishwasher and soon discovered they did not have the correct water line hose to install the unit. They then suggested that I get a plumber to complete the install or try going to the store to get the correct hose, but they were not going to be able to install the unit that day. I refused delivery of the unit as Home Depot's policy is to not allow returns if delivery is accepted. The contractor packed up the unit, noted that someone would be contacting me, and left.

I called Home Depot online a few days later after not hearing back from the contractor and after a brief call we were scheduled to have the installation completed again on 2/16 with the correct water line hose. The delivery/installation contractor (Freight Rite) then called me the morning of 2/16 stating that the dishwasher had been damaged and they could not complete the install that day. Understanding that I did not want a damaged unit, we rescheduled the installation again for 2/23 which would allow time for a new unit to be provided to the Home Depot installation contractor (Freight Rite).

Finally, the installation was completed on 2/23 and the installer arrived with the correct water line hose. We were happy that this 2.5-week ordeal was complete and we could use a dishwasher again, but that was just the beginning of the challenges with this installation. After utilizing the new dishwasher for less than 2 weeks and entering my basement for the first time since installation, I discovered on March 9th that water had been dripping from dishwasher since the installation. I recorded a video of the water leak from the bottom of the dishwasher prior to turning off the water line completely.

I contacted Home Depot online customer service immediately and they directed me to contact the manufacturer (GE) to review and resolve the issue. GE was called immediately and they arrived two days later to review the issues. The GE technician noted that the unit was installed completely inaccurately and parts (leak detection) that would have identified the issue earlier were not installed at all and the parts were missing. GE would do no further work on the unit and referred me back to Home Depot because the issues were related to the install. The technician documented these issues in his receipt for the service call.

At this point there have been multiple attempts to get Home Depot and its contractors to fix the installation issues since the GE technician visit. We were scheduled for 3/16 only to discover someone cancelled the appointment unbeknownst to me. It was then rescheduled for 3/19 but discovered after calling Home Depot again that the appointment was not saved properly and had not been scheduled. An assistant manager at my local Home Depot store attempted to call various people at Home Depot online on the afternoon of 3/16 but made no progress also.

The insurance representatives of the Home Depot claims department (Freight Rite) fail to return any calls regarding the water damage done to my floors, ceiling, and what will soon be mold in the ceiling of my finished basement due to the failed installation. It has now been 6 excruciating weeks of trying to complete a simple purchase and installation of a dishwasher and no one at Home Depot seems to be interested in getting this fixed. I’ve now paid $1,600 for a unit that has been non-functional for over a month.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I purchased a new LG fridge on Feb 19, 2019. It was delivered on March 1, the 3rd party company they hired scratched the whole front panel of one door. They played it off like it wasn’t a big deal and continued to move the product into my home. I contacted Home Depot reps they told me not to sign or accept damaged product. It was sent back and Home Depot customer care said within 10 days we shall receive a replacement appliance.

After 8 days we did not hear back from Home Depot. We called them and they gave us an estimated time of arrival March 12, and said LG has sent the product and will arrive by then. They asked us to call them back on March 11 to confirm. We called that day, for Home Depot to tell us our delivery has now been backordered and LG will not send a replacement until Apr 4 now. How is it you tell us it’s already been shipped, now that it’s not coming till a month later all of a sudden? We called to have it escalated, they said the best they can do is mar 27. How did my back ordered product all of a sudden get bumped up? Beats me, I’ll take the date.

So today March 19th I called to confirm to make sure my fridge is still en route. The rep tells me, "Nope you weren’t booked for 27th, but we can book you on 28th." Fine whatever. A day won’t kill me. Then she comes back with, actually they can’t book replacement appliances and that’s up to the delivery company because products arrive in their warehouse. But she also told me new products we order is done the same process. But because it’s replacement it’s a different process. So it means when we hand over our money that first day your order is important, but if you don’t accept the damaged product you are no longer important and you will wait until they feel like delivering the replacement product to you. I asked her a few more questions, regarding how is that even customer service. She hung up on me. I will never shop at Home Depot ever again, and I will be sure to pass on this horrible experience to all my friends and family.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I ordered a compact stacking dryer from them and took the home delivery option. It arrived ahead of schedule, was left at the front door. This was on a Thursday so I was able to get it in the house and put it out of the way until my son came on Saturday to help remove the old dryer and install the new one. When we opened the box, the dryer had 3 dents in it but because of their damaged item return policy, the fact that it was already past 48 hrs when we opened the box and because the UPS driver made sure to drop the item and run no returns for me. It may not seem like $355.00 is much to Home Depot but when you're an elderly single lady and it's all you have to spend, it is a big deal. I'll never buy from them again.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Researched and ordered a tub and surround (Sterling by Kohler) for our refurbish (to the studs) project. Ordered from Home Depot. I did note that many reviews complained about the cracked product (an acrylic composite), but it was a national brand and likely distributed the same product to the other consumer outlets. I falsely assumed they would have taken care of any short-term issues. I was wrong - or Home Depot is shipping product from other stores that were returned as "DAMAGED" - which is my current theory and conclusion.

The store return desk was nice enough to do an "exchange" after I picked up and returned a bathtub and surround on two different trips. Forget it took my weekend afternoon for their quality problems and failed management (which I could go on about for other topics), so I also connected to chat. WORTHLESS. Mirissa shut down my chat session after she was told of the problem - gave me 2 (two) seconds before she asked if I was still there and then ended chat. Home Depot doesn't want to hear they have drastic performance and quality problems. I re-chatted another associate who was quite good after I told her I was "hung up on" by Mirissa. She promised to contact the manufacturer to send only new product and a 20% discount for my trouble. We'll see if all that occurs.

Bottom line on Home Depot: Clueless and not at all service oriented. I walk through there every week - buy a lot of product each year - and their associates are not very good (With a very few exceptions). They talk to one another more than they talk to customers - except to say "anything I can help you find?" Which for most is almost always a "NO". Try this Home Depot: "What can I do to make your visit better and more productive?"

In my Home Depot store - FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS - they had card readers that did not work. Do you want to know their standard line that I was told at least a dozen times in that time frame? "You have to put your card in the chip reader. When it doesn't accept it you have to exit out and swipe. If you do that three times it MAY work." This was for a Discover card that worked in every other store known to man and woman - but NOT HOME DEPOT. I talked to the store manager about the number of times his checkout readers failed - and it was TWO YEARS before they replaced them. Very bad store concept.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: March 16, 2019

Poor ** customer service like I rather deal with an annoying police officer than your customer service. Your delivery service is horrendous like a stock market crash and it takes forever for a scheduled delivery because your service makes me wait like America is waiting for that infamous wall to be delivered. Your overall service is pathetic. I'm not dealing with your company anymore. I'm going to your competition now.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Free 2 day shipping was actually 7 days. I ordered a Tower Fan online with the free 2 day shipping. I ordered it on a Monday morning and am now scheduled to receive it on the next Monday. If you need something in a timely manner, find a store that has what you want and pick it up yourself. The free 2 day shipping is a joke.

Original review: March 15, 2019

We went to Jamestown NY Home Depot and had them cut us 4 pieces of carpet for our basement and stairs. 3 out of 4 pieces were cut wrong, too short. We had to hire an installer because we didn't buy the most expensive carpet to earn free installation. He had to cut and piece our carpet together. It looks great but it took him many hours to do the job. I asked the Depot to reimburse us a little bit for the extra time for installing. They said no so I asked about reimbursement of the carpet. That was also a no. So because they have inadequate employees, we had to pay the price. Their customer service sucks.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Home Depot is by far the absolute WORST company when it comes to customer service that I have ever had to deal with in my life! Went there asking for paint advice from the paint department, purchased everything they told me I need in order to successfully paint the wood baseboards white. I showed them pictures of what I was painting and asked a million questions about prep, etc. before leaving, because I am doing this on my own and trying to save money. We just moved to the area, my husband is deployed and I have 3 little ones.

I put the kids to bed, stayed up all night painting and about 24 hours later, I noticed the paint was bubbling and separating from the wall. You can now peel it off in sheets in some sections. I went to the store and showed them pictures and the manager had me file a claim with their insurance company. I have had painters come out and look at it, and they are quoting me about $2000, because the paint has to be all sanded off, primed and then repainted. I do not have this kind of money. I have been given the complete runaround from the insurance company, first they filed my claim under the wrong department so it took 2 days for it to be reassigned to the correct department.

The adjuster I have been working with has been great, except she got my statement and then had to get the store associate's statement. The associate of course said she never remembers talking to me and so now the adjuster had to pull camera footage, and take a screenshot to send it to the store manager so he can show the associate and hope she remembers me by looking at the photo. The adjuster is off on Fridays though so I have to wait until she returns Monday to continue the investigation because they can't let anyone step in while she is off to keep the investigation going, not even a supervisor.

Meanwhile, I have been displaced out of my home, because these piece keeps peeling and falling off the trim and baseboards and my 10 months old keeps picking at it and eating it. The insurance company and Home Depot is very much so aware of this, but isn't expediting or getting anyone else involved to help speed up this process and help me! I'm staying with neighbors we barely know, because the only other space we could go where the paint isn't peeling is our unfinished basement, that has no carpet or heat. I tried staying down there for a day or so, but couldn't do it anymore.

I am disgusted and appalled at the way they have treated this situation. I am not one to complain at all, but I will ask for someone to be held accountable when they have done something wrong. I have been told by the customer care team at their corporate office that 'the paint associates aren't trained paint experts so nothing is guaranteed'. I'm sorry, but I don't know about you, but when I go into a store and ask a question about basic knowledge on a product or something that has to do with the department they work in, I would expect what they are telling their customers is accurate and if you don't know, don't make a guess because your 'guess' has put my family out of my home and with a $2000 paint estimate that I believe I should not have to pay! Pictures don't even do it justice!

Original review: March 14, 2019

I ordered a 4 x 12 raised garden bed. Only a quarter of it came. They tell me the vendor won't send out the rest so we have to do a return. The carrier that's supposed to call me to come pick it up has never called me yet and Home Depot keeps telling me that they're going to call me still have not gotten anywhere. I still am waiting to get my money back. I'm not happy. Very disgusted. Will never shop at Home Depot ever again.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I purchased a laminated floor from Home Depot a couple of weeks ago. The flooring guy, Steve was great! I was told that USAIG is their installer. I set up the installation and received a call the day before to confirm they were installing the flooring the next day. I took the day off from work and I get a call at 8:00 a.m. that they are cancelling because all their techs are on other jobs! Terrible Service. So I lose a day's pay for USAIG poor scheduling. Very disappointed that Home Depot uses such unprofessional installers.

Original review: March 12, 2019

One month after install, Bali's Cellular blind cord with a prominent glued-up joint ate through the pulley on one of my window's blind and is not functional!!! Incompetent and garbage way of gluing together a cord! I do not know how long other windows will last. On the phone for 1 hour to explain to HD person for her to initiate replacement. Do not buy!

Original review: March 12, 2019

Purchased on Jan 19 2019. Still waiting March 12th for delivery. We were told 2 weeks, the received call saying backordered, time pass! Then we get news IT'S here yahoo! Shows up dryer caved in! We're asked, "Do you want it?" Are you serious? Reorder, time pass! No word, no update, finally we receive call on way! Yahoo! Then get a call truck carrying appliances wrecked. All appliances destroyed! Reorder. It's here yahoo! But now can't deliver it because they don't have a full truck load to make it worthwhile for the delivery approximately 20 miles. Yes they are serious! Still not here! I left out all small details (phone calls etc). NEVER NEVER NEVER Home Depot AGAIN! STILL NO DRYER?

Original review: March 12, 2019

After never being late on my payments and using this store for all my home needs they lower my credit. This is not acceptable and will not shop at any Home Depot ever again. The credit card for Home Depot and its bank are the worst.

Original review: March 11, 2019

We decided to remodel our cabinets and replace our countertops with granite after an in-home meeting with a Home Depot Home Services sales rep. Unfortunately, we did not read any reviews since we trusted Home Depot because we have been shopping there for years and things are legit in the store and they care about customer service (we thought).

First, after all of the decisions are made during the sales process, the final form where everything is noted uses confusing codes that you can't understand so we made the mistake of trusting the salesman while verbally confirming that the hardware included soft-close roll-out cabinet shelves that we had just discussed verbally a few minutes before. He did not note them in the form and we did not get them, even after we discussed with the salesman's manager because we signed the form without them included.

Next, the project coordination was a huge unprofessional mess. Our installation was scheduled and it wasn't until 3 days before the installation was set to start that we were allowed to go pick our granite slab. Turns out we went to pick it and they did not have the style that we were sold. We were told it would be in a container arriving a week later. It wasn't and our old countertops were already torn out. They tried to tell us they would allow us to take an upgraded manufactured "stone" for the same price but that was not what we wanted; we wanted what we bought.

During the two issues above the salesman was shockingly rude to us and no one at the corporate number we were given returned our multiple calls, they just kept telling us someone would get back to us. They never did. In the end, the granite distributor (independent from Home Depot and with and with no direct communication from Home Depot) worked with their out-of-state locations to get the style we wanted shipped but this took a long time.

Also, the wrong number of handles for the drawers and cabinets were ordered so even after everything else was finally finished, we still had drawers and cabinets we couldn't use because we couldn't open them. Luckily, because the contractors were all decent humans, everything ended up getting sorted out except the soft-close shelves that the salesman was dishonest about. We were without a kitchen for over a month despite being told by the salesman it wouldn't be more than 2 weeks.

After the job was finished, some corporate person called us to make sure we were happy and to tell us they would send a survey. We told them about the issues we had and they told us someone would get back to us. They never did and the survey never came either. Clearly no one cares. I definitely would recommend that anyone considering any kind of work in their STEER CLEAR of Home Depot.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Ordered cabinets for two bathrooms and kitchen in November 2018. Cabinets arrived December. Demolished our kitchen and one bathroom for install. Took weeks before they installed cabinets on late January. Many defective cabinet doors. Counters arrived TWO WEEKS AGO. They forgot to attach the kitchen sink. Just set it inside the counter. Brought wrong counter for one bathroom. Third bathroom hasn't even started. They never returned to take wrong counter out or fix kitchen sink or defective cabinets. I PAID $18,000.00 AND AM MAKING PAYMENTS. I refuse to make another payment. Cannot get a call back. Have sent emails have left messages.

Cannot use our kitchen or bathroom. It's a complete nightmare. Hiring an attorney this week as we have NO CHOICE. It's the Home Depot on Narcoossee Road in Orlando, FL. THE sales Rep is awesome. We feel so sorry for her because she does her job WELL. But once you order everything it's like hitting a dead end. HD takes your money and doesn't finish anything!!!! It's essentially STEALING.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I tried to order a 60 inch kitchen sink base cabinet online. Made by Hampton Bay. I've ordered $2000 worth of these style cabinets in various sizes over the course of a year during a DIY kitchen remodel. This cabinet was not available in Hickory at my store or any Home Depot store. I checked the neighboring states as well. However, since it was available in other finishes, I tried to have it special ordered at my store. They wouldn't do it. Not unless I was willing to order 10 of them. And then maybe. It didn't matter that it's an inventory stock item. It's not available for pick up or delivery. Period. So I can't get the kitchen cabinet that can hold my 3 part sink that matches the rest of the new cabinets. Disconcerting to say the least. I'm going to try the vendor on Monday. I was on hold over an hour without talking to anyone in HD Installation Services. They closed while I was holding.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I have not gotten a response from any of my recent calls, comments and or complaints. Home Depot doesn't care at all. Treated very poorly by a rep named Gary in consumer relations. Asked for his supervisor at least 6 times, refused to transfer me. Delivery services are as ignorant as Gary mentioned previously. Being a contractor, I have deadlines and tight schedules. Home Depot delivery services couldn't get 1 star. The store general manager is powerless with the delivery company. FYI, this has been going on many years with flatbed service to the box trucks. I've had enough. I will be shopping elsewhere. Another FYI, the store and its employees are great to work with. Fire the delivery company and go with in-store control of delivery with local companies. Give the local businesses a chance and give the general manager control of his store.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My name is Fedri ** from Matthews North Carolina. I ordered an electric log splitter online. A week later, Home Depot called me to pick up the merchandise at the local store at Ballantyne Common, Charlotte. Found that the item I bought was used and the package was like an angry dog chewed it. Refused to get an used merchandise and the customer service at the store ordered a new one. 10 days later I received an email to pick up the new log splitter. Get there and found out that my “new” log splitter was the same one I refused to get the first time. I was shocked they tried to cheat me. I demanded to speak with the manager and Dona, the customer service person, said that she was one of them. She didn’t make any effort to fix the problem. Instead of wasting my time I demanded my money back. I’m never buying even a screw from Home Depot again.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I have to say I don’t make many returns at Home Depot but I could not believe the horrible customer service I got from the ladies working at the Myrtle Beach SC return department. Did I get the item returned? Yes, but now I will be debating shopping at Home Depot. I’ll let anyone that don’t already know, you can shop around Home Depot and find something you want to buy and use your phone and scan the barcode to check prices on eBay and Amazon. Most of the time the price is cheaper and with free shipping, I try to keep local businesses in business but with ladies like today working the return dept. I question if I will continue supporting a company that doesn’t continue to train their employees. Their policies and that customer service is one the of biggest things that will keep customers coming back to shop.

Original review: March 7, 2019

We ordered a carpet to be installed 6 weeks ago. They had to come measure twice, they had one excuse after another and now are saying that they cannot install it because of the floor type. I don't understand why that wasn't brought up the first visit. They are giving us our money back but did not even apologize for the horrible experience. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else!!!

Original review: March 6, 2019

I have been shopping at Home Depot on Long Island since the 1980s, spending thousands and thousands of dollars. For the most part, I have been satisfied with their selection and prices. Unfortunately my recent experience has turned me off on Home Depot, big-time. Last Memorial Day weekend I purchased 11 gallons of Behr Premium Ultra paint in order to get the holiday weekend rebates. A few weeks later I received a $90 rebate debit card with "Home Depot" printed on it. As it looked like a gift card, I did not see the tiny print "valid through 12/18". I only spent about $20 up until that date. I went to use it again recently and found out it was invalid.

I have spent days trying to get in touch with the correct people. For awhile, their customer_cares email did not work. I have made calls to their numbers only to get transferred to an answering machine that was full, or speak to a person I could not hear because of static. I have complained on social media, only to have their response deleted before I could read the phone number they gave. I finally got help on Twitter and got the same dead-end phone call results. I finally got a person that could help, but of course they said the rebate was now invalid and there is nothing they could do. Where did the balance go??? Did the company farmed out too so the rebate cards steal the balance?

After some complaining, they finally said they could give back some of the money. Whatever happened to sending checks for the rebate??? Or a real gift card from Home Depot? If you have to resort to games like this, don't have a rebate to begin with. This complaint is not so much about the $90. It's about how their customer service seems to be going down the tubes. It's about bad public relations. If you are a popular, powerful corporation you are supposed to have a professional system in place. Makes me think maybe there is trouble brewing at HD.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Home Depot scams you by luring you into false credit card promotion to get $25 off first purchase under $999 & $100 off if purchase is over $1000. When signing up, you also get a $5 off voucher sent in your email but if you use that you won't get your initial promotion of $25 for signing up the credit card. It is very bad business to dupe people by getting you to sign up for their credit card & at the same time get a coupon voucher sent to your email but it doesn't tell you that using this $5 voucher for signing up to their website that you apply it to your first purchase you will lose the other promotion for opening a credit card.

If I were told this when I called to open this account even though I asked all the right questions I was only told it would be credit to me on my first bill which it wasn't. I was lied to so if anyone like me who only opened a credit card with Home Depot beware of false advertising and being lied to on the phone before I opened this account and get cheated out of the first purchase promotion! Soon as I pay this card off, I will not be using it again or be a customer at Home Depot. Lowe’s has better deals so will be going there for now on!

Original review: March 4, 2019

I order 2 bags of rock online for delivery. Within a minute of receiving the acknowledgment email, I noticed that the delivery address on the order was wrong - a different city than I live in! I went to the website to cancel. I followed instructions online that said go to my "orders" and hit the "cancel" button. I went and found no such thing. Logged out again and again, looking for that button and it is just not there. Then I called the phone number that is provided as an alternative. I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone and there was no prompt for cancellations.

At the same time, I sent emails to customer service at Home Depot telling them the problem and asking for cancellation. No response. Then I texted the number given as a third alternative. I got someone who told me that I would have to send her another text at 6 a.m. the next morning because the store that would be delivering was closed. Sigh. I set my alarm and the next morning I sent the text. I received a text that they couldn't help and I would have to call the store in the city where I don't live. I called the store and someone there told me that he would cancel the order and not charge my credit card. I never received an email acknowledgment of the cancellation so I texted the person again. They told me I would have to talk to the store. I said that I did, but got no acknowledgment and asked them to follow up. I got a text in a few moments telling me the order had been cancelled.

Later that morning I got a responding email from customer service (in answer to the email I had sent them the day before, acknowledging cancellation. I never, though, received a cancellation email from the store. Today, two weeks later, I notice that my credit card has been charged. I sent everything to the credit card company and they reimbursed me and will investigate, but it's still annoying as hell. At first, I was just going to cancel the order I placed and then immediately reorder making sure they had the correct delivery and billing address. NO MORE. I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM Home Depot AGAIN!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Bought washer and dryer but they didn’t install it the day they delivered because part is missing. But the parts they need is inside the washer. Call them to tell them the parts are there and they have to come back and install it. Delivered Feb 26. Told me they will come back Feb 28 but they didn’t and no phone call to let me know they’re not coming. Call them again and said they are busy so the earliest will now be Mar 5. Had to cancel my appointment so somebody is here but no call. They should have not told me that they can do it Feb 28 and then tell me they are busy. Very poor customers service. Never again will I buy from Home Depot. They give you the runaround. I have to pay $4 per load on a coin laundry because I couldn’t use the washer as if it is our fault that now we have to wait for them to come.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I ordered $2200 fence panels online. The delivery was super slow. They gave you an estimated delivery date range, which was 2 weeks away. And they couldn't even honor that and put out another one week delay. I would Never deal with Home Depot again. Customer service was terrible as well. When I called, I was told there is nothing they could do and there was nothing wrong with the process.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

The website developed for commercial card services has to the most aggravating and user unfriendly site that I have ever encountered. If they put 1/100th the effort into making the Contractor Card service web page, as they do the retail advertisement sites it would be a thousand times better than what it is now. My typical response from this web page is copied and pasted directly from the website. ("We encountered a problem processing your request. Please try again later".) It’s like the Card service department wants you to miss payments and get charged late fees. IMO! Anyone Else feeling the aggravation?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Bought an item online. Realized it was nearly double the price on Amazon and Lowe's website. I went to cancel the order online just a couple of hours after the order was placed. After being on hold, I was connected to an agent who told me cancellations can only occur within 15 minutes of placing the order. Seeing as how I was on hold for more than 15 minutes this is a useless policy. Will be using Lowe's, Amazon or a local Mom & Pop retailer for my construction needs from here on out.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I ordered a kitchen sink through the online order system as the store did not have one in stock. The sink arrived CRACKED IN HALF! I called the customer service number and spoke to the online customer representative who was EXTREMELY RUDE! She never apologized for the issue, only argued with me about what I ordered despite providing her with the order number and then gave me three options: leave the sink on my porch all week since they won’t give me any dates or times for pickup, or I can try to load the heavy sink into my car to take it to a store location or UPS store. Really? Now I have to try to figure out how to get this sink somewhere, or leave it on my porch for a week, she continued to be very condescending and when I asked to talk to a supervisor she left me on hold for 20 minutes! I will NEVER purchase another item from Home Depot after this!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

So I went to purchase an over the range microwave oven. They had a great deal on a Samsung. It was marked $242 ($200 off regular price). I told them I would like to purchase it. They said "we do not get them in stock, any of them ever. You have to purchase it with shipping. Shipping is $75." I told them I don't mind waiting for it to get to the store. They said they do not get them to the store, they only ship to your house and it's $75 to ship. This made no sense to me. I could understand if they ran out of stock or I had to travel to another store, or I had to wait a week to get it delivered to the store at no cost to me except the advertised price.

I even told them I would take the floor model. They said, no they are not allowed to sell the floor model. I asked to speak the manager in the Cornelius NC. She said that's the way it is, kind of an attitude, no real explanation or understanding of how this makes no sense. In a nutshell. They advertise a price that's not possible to sell for. If there is no way you can buy the product for the price shown it should not be advertised in the store. Makes perfect sense to me. Please enlighten me if you see another way of looking at this? Thanks for reading...

Home Depot Company Information