Home Depot

Compare Home Supplies and Tools

Research top Home Supplies and Tools recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

In the beginning of January I went to my local Home Depot for a quote on a garage I would like to build the summer (June, July) I gave them the basics (the size of building, the size and number of windows, size of garage doors, and so on) The quote came in at $17,800 not bad I thought. The Pro desk manager and I discussed in detail that (1) I wouldn't want anything until June or July and (2) that I was able to change items before they were ordered. (special order items) Of course my prices would go up or down depending on what I ordered and what he put in for the quote. Neither of us really got into detail about the windows, doors and other special order items. June was a long way away. To this day I still have yet to look at any spec and pictures about windows and doors.

Later that month I got a call from that Home Depot saying that if I came down before the end of the month they would do that quote for the garage for $15,000. Looking to save over a couple of thousand I said why not. So I came down and signed the papers for the garage. This was the worst mistake of my life. In February I started to receive e-mails that the special order items were placed. I called the Pro desk right away and the pro manager got right on it and stopped all the orders at least that what he thought. In the middle or end of February I got a call that my windows were in. WHAT! I didn't order any windows yet, these were the windows that the manager at the pro desk put in the quote. They are not what I want or would have ordered.

Since then I have been battling with the store manager about these windows. She says that they are mine. It is what I ordered, (since I sign the papers) I tell her that I never ordered any windows and that the windows and other special order items were all subject to change, for this is what I was told and nothing was to he ordered until June. Well the windows slipped thru the cracks and there they were. I have both the store manager and the pro desk manager on tape stating that everything else has been canceled and the windows slipped thru the crack and they were a mistake. I have made many, many calls to the customer care center at Atlanta Georgia and several trips to the local HD. But the store Manager is sticking to her guns that the windows are mine.

As of right now I am trying to cancel the rest of my order since to seems that HD is going to make me eat these windows. Which I am not happy at all about and if that is what is going to be then I would just like to never give them another dime of my money. I know I will never shop in their stores ever again. I cannot believe that the customer does not come first. That the customer should be happy with their purchase. HD only cares about the bottom line and not about the customer. This fight is not over by a long shot I will check with the credit card company, the BBB, the New York state Attorney General and my local State Senator on my rights as a consumer. Also looking into my legal rights with a lawyer.

I can't believe that management would not look at the bigger picture and see that I have spent $10,000 at their store on a roof and just recently on a bathroom. I would be spending more money if they treated me right and gave me what I want, for I have other projects that I plan on doing within the next several years. I warn anyone that is looking to do business with HD to stop and check everything don't sign anything. Stay away from the big box stores and go to your local lumber yard that you can talk to and work with and will work with you on your project. This has been the worst experience I have ever had with any company. The one good thing out of all this is the store got a gold cup for the best in sales for the district. I was there when they were handing in out. I'm thinking they will never get one for the best in customer relations.

I contacted both LG then Home Depot about my purchase and defect with their product. LG confirmed that this was a KNOWN DEFECT, which I conveyed to Home Depot. Purchased 11/1/2013, delivered 11/5/2013. Product LFX31945SST, 30.5 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator in Stainless steel. $ 3499.00, 3 yr. Protection plan 90.00, water line $ 9.99, move existing appliance $ 15.99. Home Depot said I was out of warranty that they could refer me to LG's website and/or number. Again I conveyed that I had already spoken to them that what they offered was an extended warranty for $366. plus dollars for 60 days to make repair.

I told Home Depot again it was a known defect, that I was just told that by LG. Home Depot said that they could refer me to a local repair service, at my expense. I told Home Depot that I would no longer shop for LG products and that I would not do any further business with them. My suggest to you is to vote with your dollars at other stores and not buy from LG or Home Depot because they do not stand behind what they sell.

I'm in the beginning stages of what is already showing frustration on my part. Purchased an LG french door Dec 2014. Bought the 5 year extended warranty. Today is the first time I'm having to use it due to an ice maker problem. Unit is not replenishing ice as needed. Called The Home Depot for the phone number to set up an appointment for a technician to come out. I was given the 800 number, called and customer service rep tells that the store would have to handle my claim. I call the store back and am told that was the right number. Call back the 800 number and am given an 877 number which the recording tells me that if the product was purchased before 2011 stay on the line, if after call back the original 800 Home Depot number. So far they have struck out royally. But do they give a **. I will be in the appliance department first thing Monday morning with a definite chip on my shoulder. I will enter a new review once I know where I stand.

Updated on 03/13/2017: Today I called the local store and asked only for an appliance specialist. She walked me through the protocol and when I objected she gave me further instructions, therefore I finally made the appointment for a technician to come to my residence. I will accept whatever I was wrong about but still feel that untrained employees caused my run around. I am happy now!!!

NEVER BUY FENCING FROM THE HOME DEPOT. They never call you back, they lie to you, one of the managers was very rude to me. They break their own company policies especially with delivery. They delivered a pallet of concrete. They left the top open with no cover. It got wet or was wet on delivery. They did not tell me when they were delivering, I never signed for it like you're supposed to. Then they tried to blame me for the issue.

The order to put the fence together took a week because they tell you they are working on it but really aren't when you call back. They tell you there is missing parts so we need to wait for them to come in to deliver to you. Weeks go by then it's changed to special order no missing parts. Meanwhile you're waiting all this time and before you know it, it's taken a month for a fence to show up plus all the aggravation just to get it. I filed with the BBB. They are supposed to be in the fencing business if you're running low you order more. YOU DON'T MAKE THE PAYING CUSTOMER SUFFER... PEOPLE GO TO LOWE'S.

Had delivery for today for washer-dryer. Got everything moved and gave our old washer and dryer to a family and took the day off from work. Got a call yesterday that delivery was going to be around 7-11. No dig deal. Got called around 10 that delivery will not be until Thursday... acceptable the reason was it was not going to be there until Thursday, well I found out our appliances were at the warehouse and that we could pick them. NO WAY that I'm going to be picking them. I also stated that I would wait all day and night just to have them here. NOPE. So now I have to wait until Thursday and take another day off. Is Home Depot understand what I'm going through? Probably not. I just don't like being lie to. If they just told me the truth in the first place I would not be writing this review.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

I purchase a leaf blower which broke down after 3 months. I called the 800 number on the blower. The operator said to take the equipment back to the store I purchased. I spoke with the manager who said there is nothing he can do. He said after 30 days it's out of his hands. I explained that I would have to take a day off work (I work 12 hrs a day. I sell cars). Anyway, he was no help, and I felt very inconvenience. What a waste of money and time. I will never shop at Home Depot again.

We purchased a Whirlpool Gold refrigerator from Home Depot, including the protection plan. We thought something was odd early on because it was cold but never really cold and it never produced enough ice. In May 2016 we noticed an extensive build up of frost behind the deli tray and the unit getting warmer; freezer items melting. Called Home Depot for the warranty and they sent someone out to fix it. That technician found that there were wires in the back panel inside the refrigerator section that weren't connected. Afterward, the unit the same with it being cold, but not very, and still poor ice production.

6 months later... excessive frost, no ice, not cooling, freezer warm. Called Home Depot warranty, they sent a technician who found that wires to the fan in the back of the refrigerator were not connected. The compressor was overheating and had burned one of the circuit boards. That took two weeks fix - one week to get a technician to the house and another to wait for the new part. That's two weeks without a refrigerator, putting all of our perishables into 4 different coolers and buying ice every night. After it was fixed, the ice machine wasn't producing any ice so we called Home Depot Warranty again. Another technician came out and found that one part of the ice machine needed to be replaced. This took two weeks again - one week for the technician to come out and one week for the part.

One month later, we notice that the food in the refrigerator is feeling warmer. Once again, behind the deli drawer, there was excessive frost build up and the temperature inside the refrigerator was 52 degrees. When I called Home Depot for the fourth time, they refused to replace my refrigerator because it was their "policy" to only replace after three attempts to fix it for the same reason.

Clearly Whirlpool shipped out a refrigerator that wasn't completely assembled and Home Depot delivered it to us. The unit is a lemon that should have failed Whirlpool's quality control and Home Depot's protection plan should back up the products they sell, collect what was poor quality control from the manufacturer, and deliver a fully functioning, quality checked, completely assembled product to their customer - me! Instead, they're making us repeatedly deal with a defective product.

Home Depot's customer service agents simply quote their policy that replaced can ONLY happen after three service calls for the SAME issue. They are locked behind the company's red tape and offer no flexibility or responsibility for their company's peddling a defective product. Sometime parts break, and this is what a warranty should be for. But this is a clear case of a manufacturing problem. In the meantime, my refrigerator is becoming a Frankenstein's monster from all of the technician's visits. Home Depot is paying for each visit and we have received reimbursement for the loss of perishable food. But they are failing to recognize that it's not about a broken part, it's about distributing a partially built appliance. Home Depot's advertising of "If we can't repair it, we'll replace it" fails to convey the red tape you'll go through to receive a working appliance.

I purchased a refrigerator and dishwasher from home on 01/01/17 and it was delivered on 02/08/17. Upon delivery it was determined that the refrigerator handle was not closing properly. Therefore, the delivery guys took it back. Meanwhile, I did not receive any phone call from Home Depot to at least brief me on the issue and when to expect the replacement.

When I called home depot customer service the Nanuet, NY branch regarding the refrigerator issue they notified that a replacement would be delivered. However, they did not have the courtesy to inform me if I had not call to follow-up. Also, upon installing the dishwasher it was not determined that there was a leak. However, the customer service did not call to follow up even though the delivery guys had informed them. Home depot has a very poor customer service and does not treat customers with respect. Not very informative with customer follow-up and when you call them for answers they are very rude and would tell you to call the manufacturer.

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. Nope, I'm mad! My wife and I purchased a Electrolux washer and dryer for our new house. We have had each of them for three years. Each one has been fixed multiple times and we have been unable to do our laundry for several months within those three years. We have spent hundreds of dollars at the laundry mat. All the service techs they have sent out here except for one were clueless on what to do. Also more than once the wrong parts have been ordered.

The best advice I can give you is call them every day and ask for an update on the status of your claim. I'm now to the point where I will be requesting they call my local Home Depot and speak with a manager. I then want them to call me back giving me the name of the person that they spoke with, their title, and their phone number. After I receive this information I will be going to my local Home Depot where the products were purchased with my attorney to see what they are willing to do to rectify the problem. I'm certainly not holding my breath or getting my hopes up. I have never been more frustrated and disappointed in a company in my entire life. I would not recommend the Home Depot protection plan even to my worst enemy!

Every time I visit Home Depot I can NEVER get any assistance so I decided to place an online order this time all to no avail. I placed my order on 2/20 with an expected date to pick up at the store of at most 03/01. We'll come 03/01 nothing so I call the store. Placed on hold twice for 30 mins each then told that they are awaiting my credit application. WHAT CREDIT APPLICATION?!!! Is someone using my info IDK?. I say no and that I paid for my order. Placed me back on hold. Another person gets on the line and she says, "Can I have your name and phone, and order number?" I ALREADY DID THAT. So I give it AGAIN all for her to say that the order has not been put together let alone shipped. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! So I ask for a refund and she tells me that she cannot process a return for me until the item gets to the store and they cancel it. WHO IS THIS PLACE?!!!

I like Home Depot but the delivery service is straight from hell. They were two hours late and no one called me I had to call them and ask what the problem was. Then the lady said she called me, that was a Lie. I will never order anything else from home depot. I will take my money to Lowe's!!!

On February 17th, 2017 I ordered a Maytag dishwasher and a Maytag French Door Refrigerator with total charges being $2105.57. I placed it on our Home Depot Credit card since we received an offer for no interest if paid in 18 months.We received delivery on February 22, 2017. Delivery men were very cordial and helpful. Appliances have been wonderful so far. However, when I logged onto my account today I found that my order had been doubled and I was charged $4211.14. Upon calling HD, I encountered a not so cordial customer service person by the name of Carlton. Who could not understand what I was saying about being charged for a double order (THAT I DID NOT PLACE)!

He finally contacted someone to verify with the drivers that I did not receive 2 sets of appliances and she gave him the order number of the actual order that I did receive. He then informed me that I would not receive a credit on my account until Home Depot contacts Whirlpool to get an RG number for those returned goods THAT I DID NOT PLACE AN ORDER FOR, NOR DID I GET DELIVERY ON! I spoke with a supervisor that was less than pleasant (KETURAH **) and she informed me of the same. She said it was no fault of Home Depot's that the order was doubled and that there was no possible way that the online site could have doubled my order. Ms. ** said it would be 3-5 Business days before I would receive a credit for something that was not my error!

If I only received one set of appliances and I did not order but one set of appliances and the other set was supposedly not delivered, but is sitting in the warehouse as per the delivery men, then would it not stand to reason that I am not in possession of them and my account should be credited?!! The only thing I am happy about is that I did not use a debit card to purchase these appliances or at this time I would have $4211.14 out of my account while they sit on their thumbs! Not one time was there even a hint of an apology from any of the three employees. Very unprofessional.

Customer service and how complaints are handled speaks volumes to me! When these appliances were the same price at Lowe's and HHGregg (I did my homework), with the same offer of free financing, but I chose to use Home Depot, that tells me that next time I will deal with a company that IS MORE PROFESSIONAL, COURTEOUS AND ACCOMMODATING TO THEIR CUSTOMERS.

I was charged $5100.00 for a $7000.00 bill when I hadn't paid off the total amount of my bill within the 24 month promotional time period. I was paying enough money plus more but it was not all being taken off of the promotional total. Their bookkeeping is designed to have us not pay the bill off on time. Living a busy life I wasn't following the payments and the credits - just paying my monthly bill. If I hadn't gone back to Home Depot to make a purchase I would not have known that I was being charged $5,100.00. After complaining about it to the company they told me that if I paid off the balance within 20 days that the fee was put on, the interest would come off. Fortunately, I found out with three days left. No courteous phone call, nothing. This is the way they make an unbelievable return on their investment. WATCH OUT! I love Home Depot but who they do business with matters.

In the summer of 2016 I had won 2 Home Depot gift cards from the PA lottery for $500 each. Shortly after I was sent 2 e gift cards to replace the gift cards I had originally been sent stating that the originals were no longer valid. In August my fiancee printed them out. On December 21st she checked the balance. Both were $0!!

Immediately she contacted the lottery who then contacted Home Depot. The lottery office contacted HD who said the cards were used in a California store on Sept 15th, 16th, 17th. Mind you I live in Pa. My fiancee then called HD herself to inquiry. After being hung up on and transferred multiple times she finally spoke to Brian who politely said this has happened before and often times the cards are used in California stores. He seemed very sincere that he wanted to rectify this issue on the phone. He took our information and stated that after he submitted our claim to his supervisor we should receive 2 new gift cards in the mail in about 2 weeks.

January 18th I called back to check the status. No one had any idea what I was referring to nor did have any idea who this mystery employee Brian was. Once again being transferred multiple times between customer service and CashStar their gift card supplier I was in contact with Sue **. Sue verified the cards were used in California and also said the purchaser used a contractor rewards card. She took the e card info and said she was going to contact Loss prevention of the store in question and get back to me 2 days later.

Subsequently she contacted me 8 days later only to ask if the lottery office contacted me. When I stated they hadn't she replied that she would call them and get back to me. It is now over a month later. March 1st and nothing. Now Sue stated this has never happened but I've scrolled through all 1600 customer reviews on this site and apparently Sue is mistaken because I have found other complaints of the same issue occurring. This is not the only site that I have found this problem being expressed either. Update: after leaving a rather livid message on Sue's answering service last evening I promptly received a call this morning with a willingness to correct this issue.

2 companies to inform you about. First, Home Depot. Their protection plan is a sham. I paid $125 for an extended warranty on my washer. Filed a claim. After a week, they still had no projected repair date. Tell me to fix it 3rd party and send them a bill because they can't comply to the contract. It will take a lawsuit to get reimbursed. 2nd, PDQ Repair came out to diagnose, returned to repair but lo and behold doesn't have the part necessary even though he already diagnosed it, this being the third trip and day off work, and he can't get here till noon. The part was in Friday but like most unprofessional service companies, put me off. Today they actually had the gall to ask me if I wanted them early or later. I wanted my machine fixed 2 weeks ago. How do I get my equipment properly fixed if no one wants to put any effort into it?

Home Depot in Appleton WI has to be the worst most pathetic store I have ever been. Besides being discriminating and treat you like you are a common criminal the customer service there is virtually non existent. I have had nothing but problems from their rude and ignorant credit service people to their cashiers. I was treated like I was wasting THEIR time. My husband spend an hour getting things for our home when he needed to step out for FIVE minutes to check on our credit card and let the cashier know nonetheless.

He comes back inside and everything was taken and put away. The moronic lady at the rest did not even have the respect to apologize but gave him an attitude. Didn't even offer to help him relocate the items. I am so sick to my stomach of how pathetic this store is and I will never buy anything from this company as long as I am able to. I don't know who trains these employees and how they manage to stay working there but I will make sure that everyone I know does not buy a single object from that store.

We bought our Samsung fridge in 2014 from Home Depot. We bought the extended warranty. In June 2016 the ice maker quit and water is pooling below the crisper. On July 4th Home Depot had a tech scheduled to come out. He never showed up or called. Since then the ice maker has been fixed or replaced 5 times by Home Depot. They have scheduled 8 visits to my house to repair the fridge. 3 of those the repairman never showed up. I have spent more money taking off work for repairs than I paid for the fridge.

Now a Home Depot employee MS ** tells me on the phone the fridge is covered by a lemon law that states after 5 repairs they replace or refund our money. Here it is the 6th repair I make the call and they call me back saying we are declining to replace or refund your money and that they will be scheduling another repair. I'm talking to a lawyer Monday. My Home Depot card is being destroyed and I would rather buy an acre of land in hell from satan than buy so much as a carpenter pencil from Home Depot!

It's been 3 months so far and my Maytag freezer still isn't fixed. I've had 6 scheduled appointments so far. The first appointment the nobody showed up. Apparently there was a disconnect between Asurion (they manage the protection plan for Home Depot) and Precision Appliances (the servicing company). The service technician never showed.

The second appointment someone showed. They opened the door, took a few pics and said he had to order some parts. I thought this person must be good to just open the door and know what the issue is. I submitted a food loss claim, I verbally updated my address in addition to writing the correct address on the claim form, yet they still sent the reimbursement to my old address. I called and spoke to several people and got different stories from everyone. Eventually someone knew what to do and got the check to us.

Third appointment the service technician returned, 2 HOURS AFTER the appointment window, and replaced the parts he said went bad. So I went shopping for food. A week later I noticed the top shelf wasn't freezing and frost began to collect at the bottom again. Another appointment was scheduled and parts were ordered, Asurion thought it was the seal and a gasket. When they called to let me know my appointment window I verified that the technician would bring the seal and gasket. He showed up with the same parts he had already replaced. NO SEAL AND NO GASKET. He said he had to order the seal and gasket.

A week went by and I didn't hear from them, I called and they said they didn't ordered the parts because he didn't take a picture of the freezer. He's taken a picture EVERY time he's come out. They were going to close the claim if I hadn't called that day. They found the picture in their records and ordered the parts. I hadn't heard from them for another week so I called again, they got the parts and scheduled another appointment. 2 hours into my appointment window I called to see how many people were in front of me and get a better idea of their ETA. They contacted the technician and he wasn't coming, they said he forgot the parts.

I have left many complaints with both Asurion and Precision Appliances, and there is no accountability. Three times I was supposed to receive a call back from supervisors and a supervisor has NEVER called me back. I have another appointment next week but I have no faith my freezer will ever be fixed under the Home Depot Protection Plan. I have wasted so much of my time and energy for this disappointing failure. I wish I would have read this page before purchasing the protection plan.

Couldn't open the oven when we got it, brand new GE product, technician check oven, said "Not repairable." Then after that Home Depot said, 'Can't refund. You gotta call GE for refund." After 2 months throwing the ball, "Call Home Depot, no call GE," no calling back whatsoever, after 2 months we brought it back ourselves and still won't refund. Next step -- customer protection!!!

We thought Home Depot ran a good operation. After dealing with 3 HD vendors, we'll never ever use them for projects. Sloppy workmanship. Not even handy man quality. And overpriced. The vendors: Plumber: installed new sink, installed drain uneven, sealant still seeping out. HVAC: Wanted to install expensive part. Got another opinion-part not needed and the HD guy left a vent door open. Granite counter top installer: Found later they cut the opening for the drop-in stove wrong and want to charge $150 to repair. Complained to HD about these vendors. They didn't return our calls.

I put an order for a dishwasher on 11/25/2016. On 1/28/2017, the dishwasher was delivered by Spirit Delivery. The delivery guy noticed that the dedicated shut-off valve was leaking, so he ^said he could not installed it. He also noticed that a extension drain line was needed and ^told me that he put a note to Spirit to make sure they have the longer hose kit upon returning to install it. I called a plumber and had a shut-off valve replaced as instructed. I ^then rescheduled the installation with Spirit.

On 2/11/2017, Spirit came back; the delivery guy (different guy) now ^said that it could not be installed. He tried to install the new hose to the older hose with a piece of pipe (~ 3 in.) which leaked when he tested it. I asked why he was doing this because I watched YouTube videos ^where the first thing they ^tell you is to replace the old hose. He ^told me he did not have a longer hose kit. I ^told him that the previous (1st) delivery guy put a note for the longer hose kit. The 2nd guy from Spirit ^said that ^there was no kit ^except for the power cord kit.

(After he left, I noticed on the Home Depot ('HD') receipt that I paid for the hose kit $20 even ^though he ^said there was no hose kit. Also, I noticed after he left that ^there was no need to ^do the crazy thing he was doing. All he needed to ^do was connect the new hose to the extension which included a coupling device. Obviously, he did not care to look at the connection of the old hose to the extension hose or he did not know what he was doing. ^There was plenty of space to connect the new hose to the coupling device connecting to the extension hose.) He wanted me to sign an Appliance Delivery & Installation Exception Form which had 2 options: Left with customer; and Returned to Warehouse. He chose Left with customer, and I stated that I did not want an uninstalled dishwasher; I asked him to take the dishwasher back; he refused. I refused to sign the form. He left without the dishwasher.

The form aIso included a comment: ^need to have proper extension put on for drain hose. The facts are that ^there was an extension with a coupling device in place, and the 2nd guy did not bring any hose kit (which I paid for) as instructed by the 1st delivery guy. He ^told me to go to HD to return it. HD customer representative ^said that Spirit needed to pick up the dishwasher first; I stated that Spirit refused to take it. HD customer representative stated they could not ^do anything. While at HD, I called Spirit (Supervisor Bill) who after talking with HD agreed to schedule a pick up for Tue, 2/14; Bill stated that I would get a call on Mon, 2/13 to schedule the pick up. I did not get the call; nevertheless, I stayed home on Tue waiting for the pick up.

I called on Tue, and Spirit (Vanessa) stated that Bill never scheduled the pick up. Vanessa ^then stated that she would schedule the pick up for Fri, 2/17 and that I would get a call on Thu, 2/16. I did not get the call. I called today 2/17, and Spirit (Nichole) ^told me that Vanessa did not schedule the pick up and allegedly ^told me to go to HD to request a reverse logistics. Spirit staff appeared to be overwhelmed with calls and they make up whatever they deemed appropriate at the time thus leaving customers hanging.

^There is no commitment from Spirit or HD to return this appliance. ^Do not buy any appliance from Home Depot until you know the delivery company is reliable and until HD is willing to take responsibility. HD just washes ^its hand like Pilate. Go to other companies that will be responsible for the delivery/installation. Check first online about the reliability of the delivery company. I checked online and Spirit had plenty of negative feedback. It is a shame that HD does not take responsibility. By the way I had purchased 2 appliances from HD: ^refrigerator and dishwasher; no issues with the refrigerator. You would think that for a customer that purchase 2 appliances on the same day I would have been taken care of. This review cover 2 companies as they both shift the blame/responsibility to each other leaving the customer to fend for himself/herself.

Having found a couple of tools that I desperately needed in stock at the Duluth Georgia Home Depot, I reluctantly set out to purchase them. I say reluctantly since I'd had regular issues in that particular store. The last time I went we were looking for cleaning supplies for our business, but found the aisle blocked off, with no signs of anything going on, and no employees to be found anywhere in the vicinity.

After quite some time we abandoned the effort and found what we were looking for at Lowe's. This time I had the location (aisle and bin numbers) for the tools that I wanted, but could not find them. I went to Customer No-Service and was directed to an employee standing around in a nearby aisle. He told me that once tools come into the area there's no telling where they might actually be and that was that. I was basically dismissed.

I went to the Lilburn Home Depot and got the tools I needed. I've complained about the Duluth store and have always wound up with pockets full of nothing. Avoid the place if you possibly can. I attempted to complete an Enter to Win Survey from the purchase, but received a User ID and Password (printed on my receipt) already used message from the online system, thus my comment herein. The Enter to Win appears to be fraudulent as well as the customer service at Home Depot.

Called customer support to make changes to an order. The order had added items I specifically did not ask for. I went to complete hell with prompt after prompt after prompt till I wanted to cancel the order entirely. They lost over a $600 order due to including items specifically not asked for that come to a total of $46. If it wasn't for the hassle of the prompts I may have kept the order, but when I asked to have it canceled I was hung up on twice, was given the run around until I asked what legal action must I take to get this ordered canceled and my refund processed. At this point they decided it's better to refund the order than try and steal from this person. Would I suggest going to Home Depot? Absolutely not for any reason whatsoever.

Updated on 02/16/2017: After cancelling the order on the 13th, Home Depot tried to run my card for the amount the next day on the 14th and I was able to stop it. After that they waited one more day and ran it again on the 15th for the same amount and it went through. The order was cancelled and Home Depot will NOT stop until they get what they want which is your money even if it against your will for them to.

After this go around with Home Depot I will HIGHLY suggest no one use their card for any purchases at Home Depot. They will run your card as many times as they have to in order to get what they want. I am actually looking into getting an attorney and taking them to court to get this stopped. It's a shame that a customer has to take a business to court in order to get them to stop running their bank account for money that is not theirs. Maybe that's what they mean when they say "That's the power of the Home Depot"... They do what they want with your bank account.

We purchased a Samsung refrigerator from Home Depot in 2015. They advertised that their protection plans were 24/7 in terms of service. Our refrigerator has had an issue with the ice maker and now has a problem where the freezer is broken. With the ice maker, they had me go through troubleshooting steps myself which took about 30 minutes. Then they finally sent someone out that fixed it. This time I called on a Sunday evening and was promptly told their "office is closed, go to our website." The website doesn't have the means to do anything to set up an appointment. The 24/7 advertisement for service is a lie. This is the worst experience I've had for attempting to get a product to work.

An utter disaster from start to finish. First they couldn't figure out how to place the order, then they screwed up delivery, only to find out the product is broken after having a plumber install it (broken motor inside the washer). They haven't come up with a decent resolution. At this point, I'm stuck with a broken item (good thing for credit card disputes), out $150 for the plumber (he did nothing wrong), and hours and hours of frustration. Do not purchase from the Home Depot, try Lowe's instead.

Read this folks: Here's what you get when you buy a $3000 fridge from Home Depot, with an extended warranty from Asurion, and the fridge is 2 years old and stops working. Two things: in the email confirmation I received, my phone # was incorrect. Also a rep said you would be sending some parts and then I would schedule a repair visit. That was late last week and I haven't received them, and meantime I do not have a working refrigerator. Why wouldn't these parts be sent FedEx?

On December 13th 2016 the ice maker of my refrigerator broke. I called Home Depot protection plan and opened a claim. 3 days later a company (J & R Service Repair LLC) came and diagnosed the problem. They said that a part was needed and that it would take a couple of weekdays to arrive and to have it replaced. Today is February 8th (almost 2 months!!!) and nothing has been done. I have been calling Home Depot Protection Plan and the J & R Service Repair LLC company on a weekly basis (seriously, no exaggeration...) and they always say the same thing... "Somebody will get back to you tomorrow".

It is a complete lack of accountability and this is really not as customers should be treated. I paid for the protection plan and they do not do what they are supposed to do and do not really care to keep me up to date on the status. Really unacceptable. And the worst is that I sent an email to Home Depot Customer service and they asked me to contact the same department, so I feel really helpless and not knowing what to do. The only assurance I have is that I WILL NEVER BUY THE HOME DEPOT PROTECTION PLAN AND I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS J & R Service Repair LLC COMPANY.

We purchased Home Depot's 5 year protection plan for a LG Washer. We called on December 23, 2016 and the situation took until February 7, 2017 to resolve. It took over a week to get an appointment scheduled with a repair service to service the washer. The day of the appointment they did not show up. I called and they said they gave the wrong schedule to the repairman. We called Home Depot to request another appointment with another repair service. After another week went by they stopped by and told me the struts needed to be replaced on the washer. I was told that the parts would be delivered in two days and they would return in two days after the parts were delivered. Two weeks later the parts never showed up and they never called to make an appointment or to follow-up. I called the repair service and finally was able to get an appointment scheduled.

The day of the appointment they never showed up. I called to ask if they were coming or not and I was told they were waiting on the UPS truck to deliver the parts. They said they would call me to let me know if the parts came in or not. I never received a phone call back. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. We called Home Depot back and was assigned to a third repair service. They said they would call us to schedule an appointment. We never heard from them. We called Home Depot again and they said someone would come out on the 7th which ended up being with the first repair center we were assigned to. The appointment was kept. The service repairman said that the struts never should never be replaced and if they were replaced other problems could arise with the washer. The washer has finally been serviced after numerous calls to Home Depot and dealing with their sub-standard repair centers.

When you call Home Depot they will give you the same line "Sorry for your inconvenience" and will tell you whatever you want to hear. I would never recommend anyone ever purchasing Home Depot's protection plan. They are obviously selling a product that is worthless if you cannot get service from a reputable qualified service repair center and it takes over a month to get service. I could not imagine having the same plan on a refrigerator and waiting over a month for service. Save your money.

On January 21, 2017, Temco a delivery service for Home Depot in Pell City, AL, came to my house by mistake and within leaving my yard ran over my landscape. Neither Home Depot nor Temco will return my calls and employees are rude when call and ask for a manager. My property is posted and had been for a long time. Will no longer do business with Home Depot. The driver was also very rude when I ask for the name of company he worked for.

Cashier at Home Depot said 12 months 0% interest on ALL Home Depot Purchases... Then there are people waiting in line so they rush you through the credit card registration, you never have time to read all the clause and term agreements. Now I got my first statement 18% interest rate charges. They said only purchases above 300$ get 0% interest for a year. Duped and trying to avoid other people getting in this situation. Please avoid Home Depot card I called them to ask if they could tell people making the line at Home Depot the real story about the card and they didn't even care, they told me to call the store myself to tell them how to talk to customers???

Home Depot Company Profile