1.23/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Home Depot

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 16, 2017

2035 Home Depot Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Received a notice from Home Depot that my credit card limit would be dropped by two thirds If I didn't charge a purchase by December 1, 2017. HD stated that it’s been ten months since my last purchase on the HD credit card. Well, HD you can bully others if you want but not me after 19 years of spending several thousands of dollars I'm done - card cancelled and unsubscribed to all HD emails.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Multiple "separate orders" were placed by Home Depot for a "single" new flooring/new appliance project, and "partial" order deliveries happened on different dates. The order in question was shipped 09/22/17 per their confirming email (see enclosure). Though I checked and re-checked over 3 weeks (starting on 10/4/17), trying to ensure delivery had indeed happened of the flooring (since delivery was for a vacation home location), I was continuously assured that it "was delivered on 10/4/17" per their system (another partial order was delivered that day, but NOT the flooring). When the construction crew showed up to do the work on the morning of 10/14/17, they reported that the "flooring" order was missing.

After hours spent on the phone, while the crew waited for resolution, I was finally informed by H.D. on the evening of 10/14/17 that my flooring order was sitting with a "third party delivery carrier", in spite of the fact that on 3 separate occasions H.D. staff assured me the flooring HAD BEEN DELIVERED ON 10/4/17. My new flooring/appliance project at a vacation home is now cancelled, due to failure of product delivery by Home Depot (all other orders/items were delivered, but without a new floor - how can a new appliance be installed?)

The "new delivery date" for the MISSING FLOORING is 10/25/17, but I no longer have a construction crew available since this was a 4 day project. My new appliance will now have to sit in its box in the garage, until both the crew and the vacation home are available. The construction time was scheduled during peak season in CO (10/14/17 to 10/17/17), because the crew was available. I have just lost renting my vacation home out during Peak Fall Season and the work could not be completed - this is irresponsible business behavior that has caused us a loss of income!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I ordered 3 area rugs from Home Depot for a total of $1466.20 including delivery. One rug was delivered right away. The other two were taking a long time. I was sent an email with a link to track a truck coming from Mexico. The problem is, the information didn't mean anything. I had no idea where the rug actually was. Finally I checked and it said that they had called me the day before to confirm delivery, which was a total lie.

We had doctor's appointments that we couldn't cancel at the last minute, so my neighbor was watching. She looked out her window and the truck was pulling away after dumping the rug in my front yard in the rain. At no time was I provided a phone number or any way to contact anyone about this delivery. What really bothers me is the lie that we had been called. My neighbor hurt her back trying to pull the 9X13 rug into our house to get it out of the rain. I am considering getting an attorney. The trucking company would have a hard time proving they called, because they didn't. Home Depot is responsible for the subcontractors they use.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I bought a refrigerator from The Home Depot on 9/5/17. Delivery was scheduled for 9/13/17. On 9/12/17, the delivery service called to inform me that my appliance would be delivered on 9/20/17. The repairman (for my new refrigerator) indicated that the refrigerator had been in the store on 9/9/17.) I called The Home Depot and was told that since I had ordered it online, that the store had nothing to do with delivery and that my refrigerator was not in the store. The delivery people dropped the refrigerator on my concrete driveway. When I called "customer service" about the broken (new) refrigerator, I was repeatedly disconnected. When I would get through to a real human, I was repeatedly put on hold and then disconnected. This saga went on for over 3 hours. I was finally told that The Home Depot was not responsible for any problems with the appliance.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

To the manager of the Waukesha Home Depot store I appreciate you calling to let me know once again you and your company do not back your products (carpet) you sell or offer to install for free (with non-English speaking, miss your appointment & install incorrect) through a 3rd party contractor. We had our whole house of carpet installed 01- 2013. Apparently when you install carpet you are supposedly told where seams are going to be installed-wrong! However we had noticed the seam coming apart and showing down to the backing.

Yes, I should've called sooner. However I dreaded dealing with home depot or crew 2- the install company again after the horrible install- no wonder they offer to install carpet for free! I figured the carpet itself had a warranty which it does however since I didn't PROFESSIONALLY CLEAN THE CARPET supposedly the warranty is voided! Wow. Who would've thought you have to clean your carpet to not void the warranty of a defective carpet/seam. Wow. I hope car manufacturers don't require you to wash your car weekly/monthly to maintain the warranty. Think before buying anything from Home Depot - they sure do not stand behind their product or their defective installers!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I wish there was something lower than one star to rate my delivery experience. First of all Home Depot has a third party do the delivery and installation of appliances. That being said we ordered a dishwasher and had our scheduled day and time of between 8 am and 4 pm. When the item was not delivered by 3 I placed a call and spoke to the "middle-man". I'm guessing who then in turn called the delivery people.

Needless to say there was no response and no delivery. I called Home Depot directly and the manager apologized and set up a new date and time the next week. Once again no delivery OR call saying they would either be late or have to reschedule, and that is the most aggravating part. I called Home Depot and was guaranteed delivery the next day. I had to call them at noon and was told she was working things out with the delivery/installation company. A few hours later I was told they would come three days later to which I was not happy so I cancelled the order. This was the most inconvenient and aggravating situation I ever had with a company. I will never shop there again. I did get my money back but that was also a chore.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I bought a fairly expensive Bernzomatic blowtorch with two tanks from Home Depot that I thought would be in excellent condition. When I tried to assemble it one nozzle wouldn't screw onto the tank. I thought it was a bad tank but neither tank would screw on. I contacted Home Depot by email telling them I needed to return it because I had lost the receipt and the item was defective and never been used. Regardless of the fact that it was never even assembled they refused to return it or even give me credit for other store items stating store policy against returning items without a receipt or sold after so many days.

I told them I wouldn't shop there any longer if this wasn't straightened out and they didn't even care in the least having so many customers that they think they can stick it to whoever they want apparently. I couldn't find this item online so Home depot must know they were peddling broken junk and don't care if they peddle broken junk as long as they get a dollar out of you honestly or dishonestly. My policy in the future will be to spread the word that Home Depot is a dishonest peddler of broken junk and to shop at Lowe's or local hardware stores from now on and to assemble items that require assembly right after purchase.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I went to a few Home Depots and call customer service. And when I asked about Price Matching and gave them the company and show them the add and their phone number, they said they are a Wholesaler and did fabrication. I told them they sell to anyone and offered fabrication like Home Depot does. I contacted this idiot who is one of their attorneys. We’re not going to convince each other via email. If you believe that a court would see the issue differently, we’re happy to address the matter in that forum.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Want to clarify that Home Depot (Durham NC) customer service was extremely professional and helpful each time I called. However, my complaint is actually with the local delivery service and "professionals" who were suppose to remove, haul away my old machine and install a new dishwasher. After taking time off work, service was not completed, delivery guys were rude, and I received no call or follow-up from supervisor in charge. Had to request for complete refund due to the lack of professionalism of the 2 delivery men and the supervisor.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

About 2 years ago we worked with Josh ** at the Home Depot in NW San Antonio at Bandera and Loop 1604 on a front door project. We needed a glass security door and Josh helped us select just the right one for our needs. We ended up with a beautiful secure storm door that lets wonderful light into our family room. Josh is not only knowledgeable, but he kindly listens to what you really want and then designs it!

Today we were looking for a replacement to our back door, which is old, wooden, and somewhat warped on rainy days. Josh spent almost an hour with us and showed us the various options in fiberglass outside doors--from no grid to 9-15 grid, blinds or not, colors, to finish. He practically had the options of every vendor memorized as he scrolled through screen after screen, looking for the right option. He talked us through the measuring and purchasing process as well. As semi-retired seniors, he understood that we needed the best deal possible since we are on a fixed income. We love this young man! You need to know and appreciate that he is an absolute treasure to your organization and is the epitome of what every Home Depot employee should be! Thanks, Josh!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Biggest mistake of my life was trusting and using this company for such an important investment. They misrepresented the product. What I purchased and what I received are not the same, and the installers were HORRIBLE. Damaged our home, and were so ill-prepared. It wasn't even funny. The carpet is loose and uneven, not secured and they slopped glue on our tile, broke baseboard and said nothing. The list of errors is extensive. HD is refusing to credit us, refusing to refund us and I got yelled at by the store manager, who would not let me get a word in edgewise to even ask a question. Bottomline, run as far away from this merchant as possible. They're your best friend until they get your money. After that, you don't matter. Worst service ever.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

On August 3, 2017, I ordered a set of 6 blinds for my home. The total cost: $5,390.20. We were told by the Home Depot salesman who sold us the blinds and who measured up at our home that installation was confirmed for Aug 22. However, he wrote on Aug 21 to say there was a delay and installation would be on Aug 31. My husband and I were disappointed but we couldn't do anything as Home Depot took 100 percent payment upfront. We had to cancel our plans to holiday interstate around that time - Aug 28-Sep 3. I had thought, when we were told to pay, that the Home Depot full payment policy was not right for consumers. Having dealt with numerous companies, the most we had to pay for any job or order was 50 percent of the total price and the balance after installation.

Anyway, we paid up in good faith as we were assured by the salesman the blinds would be installed on Aug 22 and we were desperate for them. The price was a wee bit steep - had I shopped around, I am pretty certain I could get a cheaper quote elsewhere. When the salesman who was also blind installer came on Aug 31, I wasn't happy with his lack of expertise and lack of thought on placement of the blinds in the window space. In fact, he had to remove and re-install two blinds a few times as he did not properly measure the distance, etc and he drilled so many holes. One of the blinds was a tight fit on one side and is now nudging the wall each time you bring it up and down. I called Home Depot customer service to find out why the installation delay and was told by the person who answered the call that she would look into it. She offered $70 on Sept 7 in an email to me as compensation for the delay.

I thought it was rather a small consideration for so much inconvenience. Up to today, I haven't received the check and that's close to a month. As we paid for the blinds by credit card, I asked if Home Depot could do the $70 refund to our credit card but was told Home Depot does not have the means to refund by credit card. Are they serious? I have always got money back from vendors when due via credit card refund. And did Home Depot send a check? It seems to be a very stressful affair for me to be dealing with Home Depot - all the way from Sales to Installation to Customer Service. The least Home Depot can do as an act of courtesy is to refund to the credit card or cancel the check (if it was sent out) quickly and resend me a replacement check via Registered Post. I think companies should really not be allowed to get away with bad service because they are among America's biggies. If anything, they should provide sterling customer service.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I had Home Depot install quartz countertops in Nov 2016. I was not happy with parts of the installation and would not have said anything but they called wanting to know about my experience. Thus, I let them know I was not happy and they said they would send someone out to check. The person they sent was actually unsympathetic, said he did not care what I thought and my complaints were senseless, except for one seam and he would send someone out to get it fixed. This is Oct 2017 and I am still waiting.

All my complaints were legitimate but it does not seem to matter to Home Depot. I went by the store a few days later and explained the situation to the young people who were working there. They said they would get "right on it" and I have yet to see or hear from anyone connected with Home Depot or the company they sent to install the countertops. Needless to say, I am telling everyone to not use Home Depot for installation of quartz countertops. "One dissatisfied customer can do more harm than 1 satisfied customer can do you good."

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

This has happened more than once. I was recently at HD and saw they had an Amana Microwave Range Hood on sale for $135.00. Big orange sign over the floor model and it said the sale was from 9/28 to 10/15 (or close to this). I asked to purchase one. None were in stock. I would have to 'special order' it and there was an additional fee of $59.00. This was the case for all the items I asked about. One of the clerks tried to tell me there was no stock because these were left over from Labor Day. Another, at the customer service desk, explained that HD had no choice to charge $59.00 for shipping (no free shipping to stores for these lower priced items) because the 'manufacturers made them do it.' It was the same online.

I wanted to talk to the store manager and was discouraged. I told them I felt this was false advertising, perhaps 'bait and switch' to get people to buy more expensive appliances. I asked how they could advertise at a low price when they knew another $59.00 would be charged? This is very disturbing to me. I wonder if it is legal?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I went into the Massena NY store to purchase lighting for my house at 8:30 am. None of the lighting display was lit so I asked an associate to light them so I can pick the lights I wanted. She said no they can't be turned on till 9 am. So I went to the service desk and asked them. She called the manager to see and told me they were controlled by corporate in Atlanta but the manager will call and see if they will turn them on.

A few minutes later they told me they will turn them on. So I wait another ten minutes till they come on almost 9 am by now. Then the cashier tells me there is a survey on the receipt so I come home to do the survey and my user id and password won't work. So I call corporate and they tell me they don't control the lights. So I call the store back and the manager won't answer the phone. Let's see if I ever go back.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I rented a floor buffer and informed the staff that it was for my wife to clean the basement concrete floor. I was only offered the most powerful buffer. After attempting to operate the buffer, my wife found that it was too strong. After my wife viewed a Home Depot video which showed a person using a Diamabrush to prepare a concrete floor for staining, I returned the buffer and let them know that my wife had seen this video and asked if they had this unit. They stated that they did have the Diamabrush unit noting that it ran at a slower RPM. I ask why they did not offer this and was informed I got what I asked for and received an attitude from the young lady.

I spoke with a manager and was informed that the customer should understand the equipment they are renting, which does not make sense. Also, the young lady behind the desk was very confrontational and has no respect for the customer. I was not offered to swap the unit I rented for the Diamabrush, which would have been good customer service. I would recommend that you have your employees watch the Diamabrush Prep Tool Training video found on Youtube to educate themselves to offer better customer service. Because I received this type of customer service I plan to take my rental needs other rental companies. Your prices are not competitive.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Home Depot requires that you purchase a gift card when ordering online if you are using two forms of payment. During hurricane Irma I was attempting to order a generator very quickly using my Home Depot credit card that was required to purchase a $500 gift card to complete the transaction. The generator was not delivered as promised. When I attempted to get my money back I was told that I could not get a refund for the gift card, as of 30 days later I still don't have a gift card nor do I have the refund.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I submitted this review and was told they couldn't publish it but can't figure out why unless they are padding their reviews. This review is for an area rug that I ordered. "Damaged in Transit. I received this and one end of the rolled up rug wasn't completely encased in the plastic and as a result the binding was damaged which was very disappointing, so had to return it. I didn't even bother taking it out of the plastic to see what it looked like but in just folding over the one end it did look quite plush so I have re-ordered and will post another review then." So I received an email indicated that it didn't meet with their website guidelines. I don't know why as I didn't think it was really that negative so I have to wonder if Home Depot is trying to pad their reviews in hopes of producing more sales. Very disappointing.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Unprofessionally treated at self check out counter. I was scanning items, halfway attended jumps in and took scanned items and reenter assuming that I did not scan it - for a purpose of stealing. Threaten to call police with bad language. Good thing is all under camera for review. I paid and then I call manager to show my receipt indicating I have 3 items but charged for 6. Explain entire episode. I got refund for 3 items. Store receipt: 1:45 PM 9/25/2017 **. Refund receipt: 1:58 PM 9/25/2017 **. Managers were exceptionally professional - Corrected receipt error.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Age old story of a purchase through a store that promised delivery and installation. After item arrived in store, they suddenly had issue with the installation part of the promise. So instead of saving money and ordering from another online company, I ordered from Home Depot. Now the cost of item is roughly 860, original cost $699. I now have to pay a third party to install which is going to cost a lot extra.

If I knew home depot would not be able to deliver on a promise, I could have saved at least $100 online or more and had the item shipped directly. Anyway, after speaking to 4 people in store and customer service/relations, my issue is still not resolved. No one communicates, no one gives accurate information. I was treated like I spent $10, not almost $900. Unprofessional, chaotic and sloppy service. A store that is this big and that has been around this long, should be running efficiently.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Magic Chef compact washer 2.1 cf - Washer on hot water setting would fill for about a minute with hot, then the hot would shut off and continue to fill with cold water. When buying it took one day to get it delivered. When I reported it defective I was told there would be up to five business days to be contacted to arrange a 4 hour window for pickup. Then there would be another 5 business days to get a refund for my purchase. Conclusion: up to 10 days unable to do the laundry, then I need to hang around for 4 hours (take a day off work?). I had to hire a handyman to move it into the house and hook it up... more money down the drain. Home Depot is not very customer service oriented. But, I have to shop there because they ran all the mom and pop hardware stores out of business. Not a fan.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

A few weeks ago, my dryer quit. I shopped around on-line and found a sale at Home Depot. I called around to a few stores around me; none of the stores had the new sale item in stock. I ordered the dryer over the phone with an associate. She told me that it would take a week to ten days to arrive at the store for me to pick up. I agreed to this. The associate assured me that Home Depot would call me when the dryer came in. My card was charged immediately, which was fine. The ten days went by so I called the store.

Another associate asked me for my email address, as the first associate had put a "fake" one in and this apparently how I would be notified; they don't call customers. He also told me that it was set to be delivered in two to three days. Irritated, but I've gone this long... Four days later, no email, no call, no dryer so I call the store again. I am told that tomorrow will be the day and she confirmed my phone number. In meetings all day, waiting on call or email... Nothing. I called again today and she said she'd call me. She didn't so I called again, it was sitting in the store. We go to get it... 45 minutes to get the dryer that we paid for over two weeks ago!!! We flip houses, are redoing our kitchen and making plans to build ourselves a new home once the nest is empty. My husband is a master electrician and we have used Home Depot faithfully. Lowe's it is!!! ** experience.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I wanted carpet installed quickly. I went to the local Home Depot and selected a carpet that was a guaranteed 72 hour install. I called the installer to schedule and was told first appt. was 2 weeks later. I had to call the manager to get the 72 hour commitment. Scheduled the carpet for a Tuesday. Then received an email the installer would call me Tuesday morning to let me know the 3 hour window that they would install.

I called the installer's office on Monday at 2pm and explained I worked full time and needed more advanced notice - I had work meetings to schedule. The installer basically said - "too bad." Called Home Depot and was told - there was nothing they could do about their contractor. I'd just have to deal with the short notice. Customer service is atrocious!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Sharon at Home Depot in Covington GA went out her way to make sure my locks got done when most people would have given up and I really appreciated her time and effort. Will come back again thanks to Sharon. She did a wonderful job.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I bought Behr Ultra white paint last year from Home Depot, for both my ceiling and walls, but decided to wait until my retirement to actually do the painting. I retired in February, and, in September, decided to tint both the ceiling and wall paint, and went to Home Depot to get the paint tinted. When the paint was ready, I asked the associate what the charge was (for the tinting), and remarked that I had purchased the paint almost a year ago. He told me that there was no charge for tinting, but that I would not be allowed to leave until I was cleared, and thus began a most humiliating experience.

For at least 20 minutes I was held at the store, as they tried to verify that I hadn't stolen the paint. I told the person heading the investigation that all he needed to do was check the surveillance cameras to see that I had entered the store with the paint about 30 minutes earlier, and all would be settled. But he told me that was not the issue, presumably implying that I might have stolen the paint at an earlier time, and returned to have it tinted (because any tinting, he said, is required at the time of purchase).

Eventually, I was allowed to leave, but not before being talked down to in a very condescending way. I don't know what has happened to Home Depot over the years, but, because I did all of my home improvement shopping there, my daughters had surprised me with $1000 worth of gift cards there. Thrilled as I was, the customer service has taken a serious dive recently. Adding my recent experience to those I had heard of over the past few months from relatives, I have decided to throw my business to Lowe’s. I know that means little to a company that deals in billions in sales each year, but the meme is starting to take hold. I have dealt with many truly nice people at Home Depot over the years, but things are, for some reason, different now.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

In Oct 2016 I purchased 3 appliances from Home Depot Plaistow NH. A GE Fridge, GE Dishwasher and LG Electric Range. They were delivered Dec 2016 and installed Jan 2017. In March 17 I had an issue with Fridge it had to be repaired. In April I had an issue with the Dishwasher it had to be repaired. In August 2017 the LG Electric Range died, while going thru self clean mode. I was without a stove for almost 3 weeks, LG sent a repairman, he fixed it, had to come to my home twice, he had to special order a part. Now, it is not even a month later, on Sept 10 the range died, I called repair told them it was same problem, he said I must wait until Sept 19 for the part to come in (he has to order same part he ordered last month).

I asked if I could just get a new stove as I paid 1,100.00 for this, not even a year ago and this is the second time. I was told they do not replace anything, it must be repaired. Who spends all this money for an appliance and has all these problems? I am beginning to think Home Depot sells defective appliances, I have contacted LG for a replacement. They told me they do not replace anything only repair, I called Home Depot Warranty Dept they told me they do not replace anything. So do NOT purchase any LG Appliance because LG does NOT stand behind their product and DO NOT PURCHASE FROM HOME DEPOT because they not only sell faulty appliances, but, also they do NOT stand behind their products.

I am so disgusted with my experience with HOME DEPOT I will NEVER shop there again. This is not only affecting me but, my 82 yr old mom whom I cook meals for since my brother committed suicide in front of her on Dec 10, 2016, so now I can't provide these meals for my mom because I have no STOVE. This just WRONG on many, many levels. PS I tried adding images to show receipt and responses but, cannot upload photos.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I had read reviews but went ahead and signed a contract to have HD install my siding. It's been almost 5 months since I've signed my contract and all I have is material sitting in my yard for months, no work done, and no way of getting a hold of anyone on the work team. I can't even describe what a nightmare process this has been, I needed my siding installed by a certain date; I believe they intentionally deceived me on a date they knew they could not fulfill. I have called and emailed every day with no reply, even if it says will reply within 48 hours. The material has killed all semblance of a lawn I once had. I have never been treated so poorly by a business before. I know my business means very little to them. We can only make a dent if enough people don't use their business. I implore anyone whom has had a terrible experience with them to write as many reviews as possible regarding it.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

The fridge was purchased in 2012. The cost was $1300 with discounts & on sale. In 2016 the fridge started to freeze up. I contacted Home Depot who told me to check directly with GE for parts warranty. Surprise, both warranties, GE & the additional store insurance had just expired. The 2 repair options GE directed me to in area were unattainable.

I am going to fast forward to the current condition, because the bottom line is I found the problem and knew what part I needed, so I went back to the store to get help getting the part. I had every stitch of paperwork I initially got from purchase, I even had pictures of the part with the serial numbers on it. I was told if appliances couldn’t help me the order department could order, so I returned last week with all my info in hand.

I spent over an 1 1/2 hours with (title) Appliance Specialist, who repeatedly told the other customers how great they were for waiting! I was told my initial receipt, model number was incorrect, this appliance had been discontinued, and after calling all the numbers available to her, unable to find part, gave me the business card for the stores (title) *Customer Order Specialist, to call. I was assured this was her job & if anyone could help me, it would be her.

Of course nobody answered that number, left several messages and finally received a call 2 days later. She spewed out phone numbers which I had previously tried to get answers, to no avail. When I told her that, she said, "That’s all I can do for you," period. That’s the great help I received from her! After days and hours of research, with information I took off of all my original receipts, I found my part at RC Repair Clinic.com.

Angry would have been an understatement, however I chose to take my wasted energy and fuel my intention to take care of this mess myself, NO THANKS to Home Depot or their worthless specialists. We are very limited here to where we can buy major appliances and being seniors we are also limited to the labor we are capable of doing ourselves. If you can even find a refrigerator repair person here, there is $100 charge, just to come out and look at it. I just have to shake my head, there seems to be no product reliability or customer service left. Just say whatever it takes to make a big ticket sale, add an additional bogus insurance policy and the stores responsibility ends there, so does this customers buying power!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I made a required appointment 8 days prior to the scheduled date to have someone come do a measuring and estimate of re-carpeting a bedroom and staircase. I was charged the requisite $50 fee (refundable if I followed through with the future installation), which was already charged to my credit card prior to the scheduled visit. On the morning of the prescribed measuring date, I received a call telling me that he would arrive @ 2:40 PM (my requested choice was between 11 am - 2 pm). I waited over a hour and he never arrived to do the measurement/estimate. He never did show up and I called to demand an immediate credit be made to my credit card account. I have questioned Home Depot's questionable customer service level before, but this has confirmed my total disappointment with the way they do business. I will not do business with them again...

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I just wanted to describe a terribly embarrassing experience I had with Home Depot yesterday, in fact, one of the worst at a commercial establishment. I purchased some bulk items for sprucing up my backyard that were to be delivered to my home. I wanted to take advantage of their 24 month promotion offer that was expiring yesterday. After spending hours selecting the right products (and tired too since it was late at night), my order was placed at the service counter and went through fine. By the time I reached home, I received an email that my order was declined. When I called their customer service, I was told that Home Depot had messed up my order and the very nice CSR lady Cathy cancelled the first order and placed a new one.

Just when I was about to retire for the night, content that my order was finally placed, I got another email saying that order was declined as well. When I finally got hold of one of their credit service representative, I was told that Home Depot had reduced my credit from $7500 to $500 last October when I was going through a temporary downturn in my life. None of my other creditors had done that, many in fact raised my credit limit since that time. I told the lady I was speaking with on the phone that that was the last time I was setting foot in a Home Depot store and told her that I was taking my business to Lowe's who, unlike these losers, stood by me during my time of need. Shame on you, Home Depot!

Home Depot Company Information