Home Depot

Compare Home Supplies and Tools

Research top Home Supplies and Tools recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

An utter disaster from start to finish. First they couldn't figure out how to place the order, then they screwed up delivery, only to find out the product is broken after having a plumber install it (broken motor inside the washer). They haven't come up with a decent resolution. At this point, I'm stuck with a broken item (good thing for credit card disputes), out $150 for the plumber (he did nothing wrong), and hours and hours of frustration. Do not purchase from the Home Depot, try Lowe's instead.

On January 21, 2017, Temco a delivery service for Home Depot in Pell City, AL, came to my house by mistake and within leaving my yard ran over my landscape. Neither Home Depot nor Temco will return my calls and employees are rude when call and ask for a manager. My property is posted and had been for a long time. Will no longer do business with Home Depot. The driver was also very rude when I ask for the name of company he worked for.

Cashier at Home Depot said 12 months 0% interest on ALL Home Depot Purchases... Then there are people waiting in line so they rush you through the credit card registration, you never have time to read all the clause and term agreements. Now I got my first statement 18% interest rate charges. They said only purchases above 300$ get 0% interest for a year. Duped and trying to avoid other people getting in this situation. Please avoid Home Depot card I called them to ask if they could tell people making the line at Home Depot the real story about the card and they didn't even care, they told me to call the store myself to tell them how to talk to customers???

Home Depot's Project loans are done through Greensky. When you set up your automatic payment, they say there is a place on the page where they state you are informed that to stop automatic payment you must sign on and terminate it. This may be. I do not remember such a statement. I know that other accounts of mine have had that statement. They have all stopped debiting my bank account when I reached $0.00 balance. NOT GREENSKY. They will gladly keep debiting your account even after the loan is completely paid off. They state it is the customer and not their accounting software that should stop the payments.

To make issues harder, their phone number they say is on your project loan credit card. The credit card has like 3 months that you can purchase items for your home project. After that the card is no longer of any use and all further work/supplies/equipment may not be purchased. Effectively the account is closed for all purposes save payments. I cut up and discarded my card a couple of years ago.

They list a phone number on the bill for contacting them. The person on the automated system does not pronounce her words clearly/distinctly. Even with repeated calls I kept getting a message "Please enter the last fee of your account number" or something like that. I kept trying to make out the word fee, key??, three??, something that rhymes with key... I could not determine. The word is supposed to be eight. They want the last eight number of the credit card. I finally called Home Depot Customer Service. They just gave me numbers I had been trying. They were who told me the word is eight. Even knowing, I could not recognized it on the automated message.

After I was told what the message was, I called again. This time I was able to enter the right information and get assistance. The person on the other end, told me I was about to be debited again, and it was not the responsibility of their software to know when the account was paid off. If I wanted to keep giving them money that was my choice and they would gladly accept it. I was about to purchase a new refrigerator from Home Depot. They will never get my business again.

I had a contractor use Behr paint on my house and now the paint is coming off. Behr won't do anything since I only have a quart left and Home Depot says it is not their problem. You sell the product you should stand behind it. Both companies were terrible to deal with. Behr just out and out lies and my Attorney General suggested I take them to court. Home Depot is too chicken to stand up to them since it is their number one selling paint. Better to go to mom and pop stores if you want to be treated like a human being.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

It takes several days from when you order to when they finally ship out your order. THEN, it is sent via PONY EXPRESS. My package took THREE DAYS to get through the Pittston, PA terminal and is still on its way to me. They give you a reasonable estimate for delivery - until after your order is placed. Then, the NEW delivery date is a week or two later.

I ordered from their website and it is now four months and I still haven't received the product. Nothing but a hassle. I will no longer give my business to Home Depot. Too much time spent that I will never be able to get back. Do yourself a favor and shop some place else.

January 2017, I sent my handyman to buy from Home Depot Hemet, CA around 8 times. I bought about $3,500. Every time the handyman call me from there and I give them the credit card number and my cell phone number and the email address, they were very careless when they were receiving the data from me. Every time I call them, they couldn't recognize my phone number or my email address. Even my name they wrote wrong in their records. I received only 1/8 receipts on my email. When I called them to send one lost receipt from my handyman, they were very careless. The employees wanted to close the phone line rapidly and they were saying "yes sir we sent to your email." But I haven't received anything.

I called again and I talked to the manager asking him to give me a hand finding the lost receipt but he yelled at me on phone "Sir, we sent the email to you and if you have fax we will send it for you". I gave him my work fax and I have never received anything from them [Home Depot of HEMET]. However, I chat with a customer service representative on Home Depot main website. She was extremely helpful to me and she entered their website and sent me a copy of this receipt. She also told me that they were sending to wrong email address Although I begged them to review the address with them but they did not hear from me. I am sorry to meet such careless employees and managers in this era. It has been well known that customer care is a priority. Thanks.

I order kitchen appliances in Black Friday and also order stucco bone washer and dryer for my tenants. I scheduled delivery for January 7th. Of course I don't get stuff at that day. Nobody bother call me let me know what's going on. I have to fight with Home Depot and GE to find out what's going. They rescheduled delivery for January 20th. Thanks God. Get those 3 items. I should receive washer and dryer January 21st. Of course nobody show up. Nobody call me what's going on. I called the customer service too. Lady told me left side of the dryer is damaged and they cannot deliver this stuff. Nobody from GE call me and let me know what's going on.

She transferred me to Home Depot store manager in Paterson New Jersey and I want reorder stuff with discount. She told me I have to get stuff and we going to discuss discount. I'm concerned how she's going to give me discount after I get those stuff. I asked Lady how she's going to give me discount and I don't get answer. I cannot understand why she can't reorder new stuff with discount and put loss on GE let them deal with. Very important message don't use Home Depot if be negative star. I will use negative star. Anything but Home Depot.

We have been a customer since Home Depot opened. Most of our rental and private home repair upgrades we buy from them. It is very poor service when it comes to custom order anything. Earlier when sunroom was build windows were order. Came in three week late. When it did comes one was broken and for skylight kit did not come so our construction was delayed for months. Recently we ordered some wood flooring for bedrooms. Date was given to us was Jan. 18th. When date came around no one notified us. We kept calling them. Finally we were told that it will not come until Feb 10th. So now we have carpet pulled, furniture everywhere and no bedroom available to sleep. So we canceled that order. I called corporate office. Instead of offering to figure out solution I was asked "do you want to cancel the order" which we ended up doing anyway.

We ordered another floor with Manager involved and they checked for stock and guaranteed to be there on Jan. 25th, we got update yesterday that it will not arrive till Feb. 7th. Again no one followed up. No one called. I called corp again, was transferred back to the store and was told that "we don't know why they did not ship right away." When I called they insisted I order then and there. I gave cc info over the phone and order even though we were traveling to make sure we get product in due time. Again same runaround. No answer. So my advice to anyone dealing with HOME DEPOT they are just a middleman. They do not carry flooring in stock. Buy either what's in stock. If special order do not remove carpet or any flooring windows until you actually get confirmation email stating that product has arrived.

So here we are after two weeks of carpet pulled still no flooring to show. I just want to add an advice to the store that have your staff check with vendor prior to offering date. And for any reason if your vendor miss the deadline, have your vendor provide solution or you as middle person provide solution instead of just offering to cancel the order. Even after placing another order and promising the arrival date we are still out in Feb. What was the gain of canceling first order and placing new one. Home Depot needs to revisit their vendor service and offer better solutions to their customer.

Multiple letters from 12/12/2016 have been written to Corporate and specifically to Terrell ** in Corporate. I again went into the store this morning, and again these employee's have not been recognized. I'd like to mention Ryan whom works the 6:00 shift when I go in helps me cutting wood, loading my car. He has been a great help, please recognize his excellent customer skills. Either Terrell in Corporate is not responding to my requests or Marquis the Manager of Home Depot in Covington, WA. is not recognizing his employee's. This could possibly pertain to my fall on 9/2/2016, where no incident report was filed and my Husband went in very upset.

Hey I am not complaining about anything. I wasn't sure about this. I never got a card from them and for Home Depot, I wasn't sure where to let you know that. Last time I talked to you was when you showed me a page for the customers to come quickly. You won't me to know that what I thought. I wrote a review and a lot of good stuff that truly I appreciate it. I got held up in my phone. They wouldn't let me out and I was forced to factory reset. That's why I am using this. I have sent yall a message about working with y'all. But Storm got me a little. Leaks in the roof. I didn't know anything about Citibank, and Home Depot, so if they call or y'all call me then I will understand more.

I got a letter one day, then next day got one Home Depot, but I thought I was approved. Home Depot Brookhaven Mississippi 39601 or 39602 thanks. I appreciate your help. They ask username and password but like I said I really was held up in my phone and so worried about the people who need me. Customers are people who I call supporters, thanks.

I order a angle duplicating tool online, got a email stating it was on back order. After about 3 months I got an email stating it was canceled. I called and told them I still wanted the tool, not to cancel it. I got another email stating it was in. Called to verify it was in. They gave me a ship date of 1/31/17. The next day I get an email that it is on back order. I called them, had canceled my order again and now they are out of stock again. I will never step foot into a Home Depot again.

I bought my dad a table saw for Christmas, I went in to return it for a different brand. The guy at the counter told me it would be better to use a store credit instead of returning it to my card so I believed him and did so. My dad decided he no longer needed the table saw. Went to go return it but can't get a refund because it was purchased with store credit.

I find it extremely unethical of that guy to make such a suggesting. I have been cheated out of $380 because I decided to take the word of the Home Depot employee, and stuck with store credit to a place I never step foot in. I have/had receipts for all the transactions. I was not aware of the policy that things could not be returned from store credit. I am outraged at this again, lack of ethics. Pardon my french but ** you Home Depot.

About two years ago we did a complete kitchen renovation and more and ended up buying all new custom cabinets, new appliances etc and spend a lot of money at Home Depot. It was suggested that we open a Home Depot credit card with no interest payment for two years which sounded like a good deal and I signed up. I got completely screwed on this deal as it wasn't made clear to me that I had to pay out the balance completely within the 24 months and got stuck with an almost $9,000.00 interest charge that nobody at Home Depot has any interest in discussing with me. Not to mention that the interest charged is at 25.99%. Even a detailed letter to the CEO describing my surprise and disagreement with their lending practices only resulted in somebody from Home Depot leaving me a voice mail giving their general 800 # and saying that I could call back that # if I wanted to follow up further.

When I did that the next day I got the run around from one person to another - all saying they had no records of who called me the previous day, nor were they able to see my letter and there was nothing they could do other than transferring me to another department. It was like every time I got transferred I was put on hold and the person probably took his/her break to come back to tell ‘em there was nothing they could do for me. The last person I spoke to could only offer me to talk to the first department that I spoke to at the beginning of the call - and that couldn't help me. On one occasion it was brought to my attention that it was my own mistake since I should have checked my paper statements that would have outlined that I was at risk for having to pay the "deferred interest".

I am sorry but I pay my bills online and never was there an alert or big red banner showing up when making a payment saying that “If you don't pays this amount by this date you are subject to paying deferred interest in the amount of almost $9,000.00 by date,” so and so. Nobody has been able to explain to me why that is not clearly disclosed online. This is a very well thought out trap to get people like myself stuck in a very difficult situation and with no way of getting out of it. And the way they have it set up internally when you call them is so that eventually they expect most people to simply give up.

Nobody you speak to will give out anything other than their first name. This is completely unfair and predatory lending practices. I hope anyone reading this post will refrain from applying from credit from Home Depot and also from doing business with them. I am sure they have their behinds covered in the fine prints but the failure to clearly disclose the terms/penalties of the loan has to be borderline fraudulent.

Home Depot Military Circle store refuses to accept state issued proof of military service ID cards unless it has service related injury on it. I would recommend veterans not shop at the Military Circle store. Have had no problems so far at other area stores. Had no problem getting the discount when purchasing my item at LOWE'S Military Circle with my veterans ID.

We purchased a hot water heater from Home Depot and were told that delivery and installation would happen the next day between a certain time. This did not happen and the company that HD contracted to do this, called Delta Install or something based in Phoenix AZ, was the worst company to work with. They did not turn up as scheduled that day. We had to call them and find out if they would deliver at all and were told 'sorry' it was going to be done first thing the next day. We waited for 3 hours that next day, no phone call update at all.

We decided to cancel our order and went to a competitor. The competitor (Lowe's) were absolutely professional and called different vendors to see if one could do the install the same day. Needless to say, it was done. I have always had reservations about Home Depot service in general but this sealed their fate for me. I am not shopping there anymore. To sum it up, the overall price of the heater plus same day install was cheaper than what I was going to pay at Home Depot. Unsatisfied consumer!!

I ordered a patio set for Christmas for one of my clients through HomeDepot.com. I was told the delivery would be between December 27-January 4. I let my client I had sent them a gift and should receive it within that time. I checked the status and it showed it was delivered on December 29. On January 9 I hadn't heard from my clients so I contacted them and asked them if they had received anything. They said they had not. I contacted Home Depot on January 10 and they told me the patio set was not delivered because it "got lost"! I told them I needed it sent ASAP. I was told they would have to recharge me and they would send me a refund later for the item THEY LOST! They can't refund me now. I'm currently on hold (going on 35 minutes) to talk to a manager.

Project Goal: Remove carpet and install tile in 3 rooms and master bath of my home. The situation was distasteful from the moment the project started to the end result. There was no consulting at the sales table on the tile that had the "look" I wanted and, as it turns out, I believe the tile is an outdoor tile and it is very rough when walking on it. It was never cleaned and/or sealed at project close. The resource that US Installations sent to lay the tile ripped up all three rooms at once leaving me to sit at my kitchen counter (with my cats) to work. My house is not large however, allowing only one (1) resource for the entire job is clearly greed. Both cats got very sick the week of "completion", costing me quite a bit in vet bills. I did not expect this neither did I expect to be the assistant to move my furniture.

At one point, in the master bath (toilet area) the resource damaged my walls to the point I had to call in a painter to fix the drywall and re-paint (I was re-reimbursed for this however the inconvenience was mine to bear), the resource that was sent to put the molding back in place felt there was too much damage for the old molding to cover the wall. Once the bathroom was fixed and repainted new molding was ordered and as it was installed the tile and the walls were scratched in several areas.

The tile was not cut in the areas where it needed to be i.e. closets and next to the shower and the resource simply left a large amount of grout in those areas. There is a certain degree of lippage and the tile is very difficult to clean. It is too rough for a swifter or sponge mop and is very wet and stays wet after it is cleaned. I am now concerned about the foundation in my home. The only communication that comes from Home Depot or US Installations is to deny that any wrongdoing occurred.

When my husband purchased a dimmer switch at the Bloomfield, NJ Home Depot, an employee told him "Don't overcomplicate things" when my husband asked for instructions on how to install the switch (and that he was not an electrician). When my husband tried to follow his instructions when installing the switch, they did not work. He subsequently called the Clifton, New Jersey Home Depot. After being put on hold, a person came on the line. This person confirmed he was an electrician (after my husband asked if he was one). After my husband explained his installation concerns, this same person stated he was not an electrician.

Electrical wiring is not something to take lightly. Lives can be lost if the wrong information is shared. Employees at the Bloomfield & Clifton Home Depot shared inaccurate information. After I called Liz **, manager, Clifton Home Depot, she stated there were 6 electricians on staffer (after I told her we were told there was one). She then claimed she asked these individuals if they spoke with my husband. They all denied it.

On 1/2/17, I bought several faucets at the Caster Ave. store in Philly. I opened them on the 4th, only to find that not only was one previously opened and missing parts, but another had a completely different faucet inside the box. Apparently, instead of putting RTV stickers on these 2 returns, the store just put straps back on them, and put them right back into inventory. I called customer care, and Yakia (sp) took care of me. The store is a 45 minute round trip for me, but I didn't want to return the faucets to my local store, because I didn't want them taking a hit for some shady crap another store did, that's not even in the same district. Lakia understood, and gave me a gift card for my time and frustration. I wasn't exactly happy, but I was satisfied.

On 1/5, I returned the 2 faucets to the store I bought them at, and the cashier put the RTV stickers on them. Cool. I still needed more faucets, so I went to the HD on Bustleton Ave. I bought over a dozen there. Opened them all up today. One looked like someone tried to carve something into it. Another was all scratched up, even looking like a tool was used to remove the aerator. Mind you, all of these faucets had the straps on them. Needless to say, I was quite livid. That's 4 used/switched faucets sold to me as new, in just 3 days!

Here's where it really gets interesting. Today, I called customer care at 5:47 pm, and spoke to Stephen. At one point, he blamed me for not opening the boxes in the store. ("If I was a consumer, I would have gotten a manager, and opened all boxes.") He also accused me of trying to scam the store. ("If you have the receipt, and if the contents match the picture on the box, you can return it to the store you bought it from for a refund.") Wow. Just, wow.

So, the store re-strapped some used/damaged items, and sold them to me as new (fraud) and, after blaming me for not opening & inspecting everything before I bought it, and suggesting that I'm running a scam, CUSTOMER CARE tells me I get to waste an hour and a half plus, and they'll do me the favor of giving me my money back. I'd had enough when he told me "I've given you your options for resolution. Do you have any other questions for me?" Really?!? I hung up at that point. I called back, hoping to talk to someone with some sense, but the call center had closed due to the weather.

My husband and I began working with Myrt at Home Depot in Grafton, WI several months ago on the cabinet design for our kitchen, mud room, and two bathrooms in our new construction home. Since the start, Myrt has been extremely "space-brained" with the computer work and everything involved in cabinet design. Every time we go in to work with her, we are there for at least an hour, when it should only take a half hour MAX. She is constantly unable to get the program to work properly to design the layout and then when she goes to print copies of the paperwork, she prints two copies (one for herself and one for us), but has so many page and they get out of order that she loses track of what she is doing and it takes her 15 minutes to organize the papers.

When we went in with our blueprints, she ended up putting the wrong sized window in the kitchen so when the company who is going to install the cabinets went to measure, everything was off-center. That was another 1.5 hour meeting with Myrt so she could fix what should have been done correctly in the first place. We met with Myrt at the end of November to finalize all of our cabinet sizes and sign off that we were good to go. We got a quote on cabinet install for $3600, which she said was subject to the final measurement. Once we met with her and got all of our stuff figured out, she told us we couldn't order the cabinets yet, because they can't do the final measurement until drywall is installed. She never told us that, so we were now set back two weeks to wait for drywall to be installed.

Once that was all finished, she told my husband we would have to meet with her AGAIN to finalize everything. When my husband went in to meet with her, she gave him the cabinet install total of $4800 (original was $3600). That is a 33% increase from the original quote when NOTHING changed in the cabinet layout. When our contractor asked her why the install increased 33% from our quote, she said we had 2 more vents that needed to be cut out for. So we are paying $600 a piece for them to cut out vent holes in our cabinets? I think not! In addition to all of this, we were told that even though they are installing the cabinets, we have to get them from Home Depot to our home. So we are paying all this money and they won't even deliver them. They got my husband to pay AN ADDITIONAL $60 for them to deliver to the home.

The final point I am going to make is that she had given us a quote at $10/sq ft for our countertops, if we installed them. In the end, we decided we wanted them to install them - our price went up to $28/sq ft. When I asked, she said the countertop was on sale when she quoted us originally. I am livid and will be calling the store manager, as well as their corporate office, to inform them of this hilarity.

We have one of the highest national costs for electricity. No natural gas available, so gas stove purchase means having to convert to Propane. But the in-store write-up and salesperson said "complete installation". That wasn't the case in reality. There was no hookup to the LP gas, and there was no installation (swap out) of the burner nozzles. "Liability" was the excuse. I call it an excuse because if they'd have revealed it before-hand, we would have either accepted the "terms of sale" or made a different decision. Other appliance dealers don't want to service a purchase from a different dealer.

Now we don't get to use the stove until can find someone who has the tools and expertise. It isn't hard, in theory, and Home Depot "graciously" provided written instruction. Right. Gas needs to be hooked up by a knowledgeable technician. If you drop the tiny nozzles to convert to LP, you'd have to take the stove apart to retrieve them, looks like. There are lots of homeowners here with no access to natural gas. Not happy with false advertising and/or lack of disclosure.

I placed an order with Home Depot online on 12/10 and purchased a Samsung electric range. The item were set to be delivered on 12/27, and as instructed by Home depot, I will be contacted the night before regarding delivery time frame, which never happened. I then tried calling Home depot multiple times on the morning of the 27th but could not speak to a live agent until around noon time, and I was told by the agent that the delivery will take place between 2:30-6pm, and I will receive a phone call 30 minutes prior.

I waited until 5pm and no one called, so I called back Home depot again. I was put on hold until 5:24 pm before I can finally speak to someone and was told "the delivery company is a outside contract, not part of Home Depot and it closes at 4pm so it is up to the client to call back the next day during work hour to find out the problem and to reschedule!" I was very upset and shocked by how Home depot treat their client! I then called back again and asked to speak to a supervisor. I got directed to Michelle at Home delivery support in South Dakota. She did some search and told me that "since there was never a truck assigned to the purchase, there was never a delivery to take place". Moreover, the delivery company told her that "they could not locate the item" so I need to contact my local Home depot to resolve the issue.

I made a purchase at Home depot, a company I thought I could trust, not knowing that once Home depot collected my money, everyone I spoke to tells me that it is no longer Home depot's concern whether my purchase was delivered or not, and everyone just tells me that I should direct my issue to the delivery company and the store that I made the purchase from, and unfortunately it was purchased online, there's no one I can turn to!!! I am extremely disappointed and angry! I wrote to Home depot and I called and I did online chat but so far no one reached out to me. This was a holiday present to my mother and now it is all ruined. I can never trust home depot and their poor customer service ever again!

Went to Home Depot in Lake Elsinore, California to purchase some items this weekend and I wanted to get some assistance getting some things on my cart and to my surprise I was not able to find anyone available to help me. I asked the manager and he said the person working that area was on his lunch hour and there was no one else to assist. I decided not to get the wood I needed because I couldn't get it on my cart. I bought a reflective styrofoam panel and while paying the cashier told me that there was not barcode on the panel. I said, "Ok I think the price is 7.96," but she said I need to get someone to check the price. She started looking on her phone and I suggested that maybe she could call someone in that department. She said, "No it will be faster if I look on my phone," but around 5 minutes later I said, "Please just call someone." She said that the person in the Lumber department was out to lunch and no one was available to help.

She asked me if I could step aside so she could help other customers while someone called her back. I said, "No." I said, "Can you please just charge me for the 1/2 inch so I can be on my way?" (the one I had was the 1/4 inch) but she said no. Then she called the manager and the manager didn't know what to do, and about 15 minutes later I was really impatient, and I asked the manager to please just charge me for the 1/2 inch so I could be on my way. After 20 mins I walked out with nothing and I am never going back to Home Depot because this is not the first time I have had bad experiences with their customer service. I am glad there are other better alternatives.

I've been a Home Depot shopper for 20 years and also carry your credit card. I have canceled my credit card $20000 limit and will no longer do business with Home Depot due to firing of those Palm Coast Fl employees for assisting with a shoplifter. I understand store policy, but termination around Christmas, really??? A written reprimand would have been sufficient. Even a minor suspension could have been in order, but termination??? That was beyond unreasonable. So I will follow your lead and terminate my business with you. Hello Lowe's. I know you welcome my business.

Today Dec 18, 2016, time 2.45 pm when we gone to Home Depot. Few months ago, I brought a Glacier Bay faucet. It started leaking, I gone back to replace it but customer service deny. They said "according to our policy, we can only refund and replace within 90 days. After that we have to deal with manufacturer by yourself." Then they call the person who works in the department to see if they can help in the situation. She came and looked at the faucet and reply "Oh! That is Glacier Bay, it's a cheap faucet and we can't do anything about it, you have to call the manufacturer." She said that in front of other customers.

I felt so embarrassed because as a buyer view point we all look at best deal. But she had no right to make a point on our buying. Then I ask her to call manager, she came and said that we have to contact manufacturer or "you can get part to repair it." I said "ok," then she took me to the part department person. Well bad luck, the part department person said, they don't carry parts for Glacier Bay faucet.

Well, manager was still standing there. I complaints about "Adihel," name of employee, and mention "why you sell the cheap product if it is not a good quality." She said, "customer like cheap product." But I said she has no right to say me those words. Manager didn't apologized. I just left with all the bad experience. I been so loyal customer and brought all the stuff when we did renovation from Home Depot. But from now they lose the customer and I will also never recommend it to anyone!!! I really want someone to get back to us.

I called Home Depot and purchased a washer and dryer along with a pedestal washer and a pedestal drawer. These were purchased with the guidance of the salesperson on the phone. When the items were delivered, the delivery people refused to install them because my laundry room only had 2 electrical outlets. The addition of the pedestal washer required a 3rd outlet. The salesperson should have advised me of this. Pedestal washers are a new feature and, in general, laundry rooms do not have 3 outlets. I called an electrician who fitted the required outlet. I then tried to reschedule my delivery. The phone process is appalling with long holds, robot driven and when you eventually get a person, that person has difficulty understanding your phone and order numbers due to a language barrier. I gave up after 2 hours on the phone and went to HD store where I was told they don't have access to online orders.

I was given another number to call and finally got a new delivery date. 2nd delivery - the appliances were unloaded at my home and I was informed that I had ordered the wrong pedestal for my gas dryer. I informed them that I had been sold the wrong pedestal by the HD salesperson. They advised me to "refuse" delivery of both the dryer and the pedestal and to go to the store and order a new set. This I tried to do – the store told me the dryer had now increased in price and both the dryer and pedestal were backordered until late January. I asked the salesperson if I found a pedestal elsewhere would they install the dryer. Of course, she said. Next day, I found the pedestal at Sears. I called HD and again with the robots and couldn't get a delivery installation date for 2 weeks. I again verified that I had a pedestal from Sears and would that be a problem with the installation. Again the answer was "no problem".

Yesterday, the delivery people called to confirm delivery and again, I informed them that I already had the pedestal – "no problem". Today, 3rd delivery the delivery/installation person refused to fit the dryer. Reason given - we didn't purchase the pedestal from Home Depot. This pedestal is just a drawer. It doesn't require any electrical or gas connection. It is just a drawer the dryer sits on! I called Home Depot and after an hour of telling my tale they backed up the delivery/installation person saying I should call Sears to fit the dryer that I purchased from HD. I gave up and hired a plumber and he installed it in 20mins. I will never buy an appliance from HD again. I am delighted with my choice of product but HD's incompetency has soured the entire experience. We shall see if they refund the money I paid for the wrong pedestal and installation fee.

1212 2016 I went to Home Depot 2225 North Post Road. Spent $868.81 on a deck for my back porch. I took 4 days off to get this job project done. I received a call on 12 13 2016 that my invoice was ready. Question I got there it was not ready. 1214 2016 I went back up there. Was told again the one for my invoice. Can you believe? On 12 15 2016 I went back again at 4p.m. OMG they still have not got the very thing invoice ready!!! Why why... No customer care in the world. They just don't care...

We purchased Behr Porch and Patio paint recently from Home Depot on S Tamiami Trail. The paint we purchased was custom blended and I understand that there is a no return policy, but our complaint was not the color but when we were done the paint was very slippery to the point I almost fell. It was like a skating rink. As I was trying to explain to the assistant manager (Greg) this problem, he continued to read the directions on the can. He asked if we waited 24 hours before we stepped on the paint and of course I said yes we waited, then he said did you wait 72 hours for it to cure? It hadn't been 72 hours when we talked to him, but not sure if even if we waited for it to cure it would make any difference.

I wanted him to just acknowledge the fact that there should be some warning on the can stating to be careful that surface may be slippery for some time after painting. I am sure someone could argue that we should have known this, but since we hired a painter to do the work we figured he would have said something also. Anyway, we thought the manager was very rude and at one time said "I don't care what you do with the paint". At this point we figured it was not worth our time to continuing talking to Greg. I would like Home Depot to improve their packaging and state on the label somewhere to be aware of the paint being slippery after painting.

Home Depot Company Profile