It's that easy Request Information
3.42/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Porch is the leading destination for professional installation, assembly, repair, maintenance, and other home services from quality pros. Porch has a nationwide network of home services professionals that make it fast and easy to tackle whatever's on your home to-do list. Porch also connects customers with a suite of free services, including a dedicated Home Assistant, 24/7 help, online project management, project cost guides, pro reviews, and much more. Learn more at porch.com/reviews.

451 Porch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

We got our first response asking for help with the electric side of our issue regarding getting help installing a "mini split" heating unit in our house because my wife had had a heart attack and we needed better heat. They not only called that day but literally came the next day "Sunday" and did their part of the job. Outstanding work and dedication. Could not be happier. We thank them.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Contractors, you have to be diligent when dealing with lead companies. Porch takes pride in providing good leads, or refunding money for bad leads. This is a misconception, as I have had several bad leads over the past 3 months that they refused to refund. What I've learned is that Porch makes and changes rules about lead credits on the fly, without providing proper notice to those of us purchasing the leads, and all too often the customer service reps provide incorrect, conflicting, or erroneous information as to lead credit policies. I get screwed on average out of about $150 per month. And you might ask, "Why am I still using them"? Well I've used Thumbtack and all the others and realize that I can usually overcome that $150 drop when I win a job, but that doesn't minimize the fact that they are sharks.

George,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Sending pros quality leads, and crediting leads when they are invalid is something we care deeply about. If you have any questions about our lead credit policy we would be happy to discuss this with you. You can reach our support team here: https://porch.com/pro/support.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

SCC, LLC construction - This company was recommended by Porch and they have done an excellent job... Thank you for your service of recommendations of sources of help with various projects. Once again Thank You.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Scheduled appointment for visit so I could get estimate on handrails. Man came, took measurements. Was to call me with estimate. That was 2 weeks ago and I haven’t heard from him. I would not recommend Porch to anyone I know.

Joni,

We're sorry to hear this contractor has not followed up with you. If you still need assistance with your project, we would be happy to try to connect you with other contractors in your area. We will send you information about this directly.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Everything about my experience was great till my tenant called me to tell me that the door to the cabinet that was installed is falling off. Please call me to remedy this situation as soon as possible. I am not happy with this project.

Roberta,

Thank you for this feedback - we will reach out to you directly to provide assistance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I got to know the existence of Porch.com through Lowe’s. We booked 2 hours of service for prewired light fixture and fan installations on Oct 6. We had had similar service with a different vendor before and it took them about 2 hours to complete all the hookups. The Porch.com booking staff asked me to book 4 hours just in case the service went beyond 2 hours. On the day of installation, the electrician named Lucky arrived 1 hour late. Then he kept on receiving or making phone calls or text messages. It took him more than 2 hours to hook just 2 light fixtures which would take me less than 30 minutes to install. Then he just dragged on slowly.

My husband and I could not stand it, so we helped him installing 3 lights/fans. After those lights were hooked up, it was already 5 hours and one more pendant light to install. I thought he would finish in 20 minutes, but he literally dragged on for another 2.5 hours. In the end, he spent 9 hours altogether and charged us 7 hours $699 for the 10 light hookups. A 2-hr small project was turned into 7 hour almost a whole day project. Complete rip off! What’s more our granite countertop was drilled many small holes by the electrician. We spent another $200 to get them repaired.

When I complained to Porch.com via email, no response at all for 8 days. When I sent them a follow up email, the manager told me she was out on sick leave and would call me later. Then no phone call or email follow up from Porch.com for another 3 days. I called a few more time and was told (lied) each time again they would call me back. No one has called me even once since a month ago. After this terrible experience with Porch.com, I would warn everyone to stay away from Porch.com. Bad service and even worse customer service.

Nika,

Thank you for your feedback. For our handyman services, we do our best to accurately estimate the total number of labor hours and cost. Sometimes, the work takes longer than estimated and the price reflects this extra labor cost. We apologize if this was not communicated clearly - we will reach out to you directly to communicate further.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

He came out and saw the place. Used his tape measure to calculate square footage. After four days he said the square footage is more than he thought and wanted $400 dollars more to finish. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday he said he could finish by Friday. Thursday he said he wanted $400 dollars more and couldn't finish by Friday. I overheard them talking about another job they needed to go work on. I guess that's why they couldn't finish by Friday. Also, I should have done a background (criminal) check on him before giving him any money.

Kenneth,

We are sorry to hear about the experience that you had with this contractor, and would appreciate the opportunity to learn more. We will reach out to you directly.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Vennie and Kaylin are a tremendous pair of young professional contractors! Their work was very high quality and they are such kind and considerate folks! They care about the client as a whole, not just the requested job at hand. They went above and beyond what many contractors do. We truly appreciate their considerate and thoughtful approach to their work!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Very professional and clean on his work. He help us on doing several things inside and also outside our home. He did some plumbing, assembly furniture, hanging shelfs, changing the whole system of kitchen lights, connecting a buffer in the garden, it was a lot and he did it all. Thank you!!!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Drywall was not done neatly. Retexturing doesn’t look like the original pattern. See attached pic. Top part of pic shows original texture and bottom was done by contractor from Porch.com. Disappointed!!! Would like it redone. It looks sloppy and more effort could have been taken by contractor to ensure it was done correctly.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

The contractor I chose came to the house and texted me a quote the next day and we set up a day to start job. He was able to get the job done without me being there and he updated me on the progress. This worked great with my work schedule.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Come to my home. Unpack the microwave. Mount the microwave over the stove and hang it from the wall and cabinets from holes drilled. Cut out the port for the vent for others to install the vent piping. Cleanup and pack up tools.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

They immediately booked an appointment when I contacted them, for a small but critical repair. Hours before it they called to cancel and stated they would not be able to do any work for me. They claimed they have no one hired within an hour of me, which is not believable as I am under an hour from the Albany, NY area. Essentially, they lied to me in the first place. Do not patronize this business.

David,

Thank you for the feedback, and we apologize for this experience. When your appointment was booked, we believed we would have a handyman able to provide service. As we were unable to send a handyman out, we cancelled the service. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Scheduled through Porch online, set a date and time which worked for me and was actually a quick turn around. Received a call to confirm but wasn't able to call back until the following morning. I was told that there were a few tickets pending for this project but that since I had not called to confirm the project did not have a contractor assigned anymore. I was given a phone number to call for 'escalated cases.' I called and explained what transpired and adamantly expressed a contractor for today, before 5 pm.

Porch had canceled my reservation for the work order. Subsequently received a scheduled time for 5 pm on a Friday night, I suppose this is better than the rescheduled time was offered first for Sunday morning. (This is not a household but a medical office.) Needless to say, their scheduling and tracking system is poor for this type of service industry and my complaint is not an isolated event. I will be working late on a Friday night just so as to make sure this project is complete because of this company's lack of adherence to a schedule, respect for a completed reservation by the customer and Porch randomness to provide resolution to a problem - multiple phone calls, multiple representatives, not listening to customer.

Jen,

We are sorry to hear about this experience. We aim to provide homeowners with an easy, straightforward process from booking through project completion. We missed the mark on communication here and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Winterized sprinkler system - Ortiz was on time, right on task, very personable, took the time to explain everything to us about our system, so in the future we will be able to perform the task ourselves. My husband had other jobs that he want to do in our yard and Ortiz took the time to look at the different jobs that we will want completed in the spring. Ortiz said he would draw up the plans on the different jobs and get back with us in the spring.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I called Porch about my leaking dishwasher. They sent my info to various repair facilities in the area. I answered a call from Dishwasher Installer.com. I explained what was going on with my leaking dishwasher. They said they could have someone out there the same day. They showed up, checked my dishwasher, told me I had a leak and then said they don’t repair dishwashers. Then I had to pay a $75 service call fee! I called Porch about the company they sent my info to and got the runaround from customer service.

They said since it wasn’t one of their techs, they won’t reimburse me the $75 fee I had to pay. I continued to ask for a manager until I finally got someone. They continued to say the same thing. I told them they sent my info to this company, I didn’t seek them out. I asked if there was anything else they could do for me and again as told no! Very poor customer service and horrible quality control on the techs your company is sending to people's homes! Never using Porch again!

Chad,

We're sorry to hear about the experience you had with this contractor. We do our best to match homeowners with pros who can complete their projects, and it seems there was a miscommunication here around the contractor's ability to provide the services you needed. Thank you for this feedback.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Porch helped connect me to local companies who focus on wildlife removal. I put it a request near midnight and by the next morning, had a solid lead. About four days later, I received a followup communication from Porch and a personal contact to make sure that everything was working. I even received a $25 coupon for my next work order! Porch has absolutely fantastic customer service and was able to connect me with professionals in my small town area. I would absolutely recommend this service and will be using Porch again in the future myself.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I ordered a futon on Overstock that was on back order and requested assembly for it. Bernie from Porch contacted me immediately and we set up my appointment that day as I was relocating from L.A. to Atlanta. Fast forward to us speaking numerous times over the past few weeks as recent as everyday this week when I called on Monday to let him know the futon arrived sooner and asked if we could change the assembly date to sooner. He kindly rescheduled for someone to come today 11/15/18 at 11am. I happily agreed because I have out of town guests arriving tomorrow and told him this. I spoke to him twice yesterday 11/14/18 to confirm and received a text and email from him confirming as well.

Needless to say, today was the day and yep, 11am came and went, 11:15 came and went so I called Bernie who all of a sudden became clueless and told me he “just does the scheduling” and that he would transfer me to the project manager Frank as well as contact him on my behalf. I got Frank’s voicemail twice and after no returned call by 11:30, I called Bernie back and was told “I just do the scheduling. Let me transfer you to our customer support” and he did. I then spoke to Armando who said he’s get in touch with the handyman directly and call me back since Frank hadn’t responded. He called me back around 11:50 and said he apologizes for the inconvenience but it looks like my initials handyman had a truck issue but he could send George out at 1pm. I agreed and asked if he’d be giving me a discount for this inconvenience.

He then told me they had already given me a discount from $129 to $99 per hour. I told him, “that’s funny because Bernie told me the job was $89/per hour and now you’ve just given me 2 different prices.” He then said, “I’m not sure how that happened but I’ll go ahead and honor the $89 price.” I said ok and got off the phone and immediately searched for a handyman in my area. I found a great one for $25 per hour on TaskRabbit and called Porch back and text Bernie to tell them no thank you for their 1pm handyman or any business with Porch ever again. I will also put this review on Overstock. Beware. They are not as professional as they sound to be and apparently, they make up their prices per support person.

LaTonya,

We apologize for any unclear or delayed communication about your appointment. Thank you for your feedback, as it helps us continually improve our customer experience.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

We received an immediate response from our contact with Porch.com and the electrical work needed was done within two days. Kyle did an excellent job and we wouldn't hesitate to call him again and definitely recommend to any acquaintances. We're very glad we contacted Porch.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

My Porch rep was great! He assembled the stools so quickly and was extremely courteous. He cleaned up every scrap of foam from the box and even tested the stools to make sure they were level and sturdy. It's like having a 2nd husband!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

The handyman was very nice and knew his stuff. Even my little female kitty who usually hides came right up to him. I had a very positive experience. If I ever need anything else put together I will probably use Porch again.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Assembly of storage cabinets - The Representative arrived on time and was courteous and professional. He worked quickly and asked my preferences when necessary. The final product was great. The work area was left clean. I would recommend this service to others, especially seniors who may have a problem assembling bulky furniture.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Deck & Porch Resurface - Very pleased with the crew from James Reans Property Management. They kept me informed as the project progressed and were hard workers. The project had its share of challenges working on a log home but everyone persevered and the end result was a spectacular looking deck.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Power lift chair - The gentleman was very nice and put it together very well and quick. A little expensive for the service, but what are you going to do. I didn't want to ask my kids because they already do so much. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Electrician - I am very pleased with the professionalism. Called to follow up. Was very cordial. Work was excellent. Did a wonderful job and the outcome looks great! Cleaned up afterwards. I am very satisfied with the work performed. I certainly would highly recommend.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Paul was super professional and friendly. They cleaned up everything and went above and beyond trying to make everything look good. When the door wouldn't latch to my crawl space underneath the deck, Paul created a door out of things I already had in my garage. He was also done an hour under the time quoted. I would definitely have them back to my home.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

95% of the leads we received were bad leads, Porch.com should do a better job to making leads more specific, I just purchased a Lead and the customer told me that she wanted someone local, I told her that I was willing to travel the distance (35 minutes away) for the job and she said she wanted someone local and hung up, how is that my fault when I was willing to do the job and it was the customer choice to use someone closer to her? No where in the lead she did mentioned that, otherwise I would have not bought the lead.

Good luck trying to get that refund on them! When you sign up they never tell you anything about the phone leads which basically they have people leaving voicemails for jobs that you don't even know if you want to take on and because they left a voicemail now they charge you for it and guess what? They won't refund it because according to them the lead was good, it should have been my choice if I wanted to take on the job or not, so make sure if you sign up have them disconnect the phone leads since the get-go because you will not get your money back. Don’t waste your money!

Alejandro,

We're sorry to hear about your experience with this homeowner. We aim to provide contractors with high-quality leads and give as much detail as possible in the lead description. We take your comments seriously, and we will use your feedback to continually improve the Porch experience for pros.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I find this company to be unreliable in getting the job done. They will promise you and make you think they got the job assigned, even give you time and date. The job will start then the day before, they will send a text to tell you they didn’t find anyone. They have done this 3 times to my family. We cancelled all other contractors just to be told there is no contractor. Please DO NOT rely on Porch if time is of the essence to you. HomeAdvisor is the best option and they got your back too.

Theo,

We want to apologize for this experience - we missed the mark on communication here. Thank you for this valuable feedback, as we are always working to improve our customer experience.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I asked for a quote on Facebook and described that I had bad patch job on my ceiling that I wanted fixed. The handyman came over and just mudded the ceiling and never finished the job. I just got a patch on top of a patch. The guy was nice but I was expecting a finished job. Is that weird? I want a refund for my money because now I have to hire another person to fix what your guy did and actually finish the job I hired you to do. I am very disappointed and regret that I cannot recommend Porch services in the future.

Anne,

We're sorry to hear about your experience with this contractor. We have reached out to you directly to provide assistance.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Rey ** does excellent work and very accommodating. However my payment experience turned out to be a nightmare. I asked Rey if I could pay cash. He said they typically only accept charge, but he will take the cash and use his card. I paid him cash and my visa was charged anyway. I just now contacted my visa and filed fraudulent use. They are issuing me a new card because of this major inconvenience with creditors etc.

Nancy,

We apologize for any confusion regarding payment. We will reach out to you directly to make sure all is well.

Porch Company Information