Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Help me decide

4.0/5 (294 ratings)
Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Porch

Porch is the leading destination for professional installation, assembly, repair, maintenance, and other home services from quality pros. Porch has a nationwide network of home services professionals that make it fast and easy to tackle whatever's on your home to-do list. Porch also connects customers with a suite of free services, including a dedicated Home Assistant, 24/7 help, online project management, project cost guides, pro reviews, and much more. Learn more at porch.com/reviews.

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Porch Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Original review: March 25, 2021

Everything is going as planned. I am very satisfied. All the people involved are very nice and business like. I had another contractor give me an estimate and he was going to do it but I could never get him to contact me again.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I will preface this review by saying Cruz, my concierge, was very professional and a good communicator. I had no issues setting up my appointment. Our handyman assigned to dryer vent cleaning was Omar. The day of the appointment I got a text asking if he could come early, which didn’t work for us since my partner who was home could only let him in at the set appointment time. He had an important work call at home before that.

Omar arrived 30 minutes early and called me asking where he should park. I again reiterated that my partner could not let him in since he was on a work call. 15 minutes later, he rang the doorbell and interrupted my partner’s meeting against my wishes asking where he should park even though I told him via text. He rang the doorbell again when he finished parking and interrupted my partner a second time.

I was told on the phone the handyman would need to get both inside and outside, and talked where my outdoor vent location was to determine price. Omar only did the inside and never the outside. He blared on his horn for no reason right before he drove away. It was a horrible experience with handyman which deters me from wanting to use Porch again.

Original review: March 12, 2021

I had two projects I needed contractors for. I called on Friday and was told in 48 business hours I would receive 4 contractors per project. The following Friday arrives. No messages. I call them and after 20 min she says I am sending you the information. They send me 4 companies in other states and 1 that is no longer in business.

Porch response

Hello Larry. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We're not sure where the miscommunication happened here, but if you need assistance please reach out to homeowner@porch.com and we'd be happy to help.

Original review: March 8, 2021

Nicky was on time, communicated well with me, and was reasonably priced. He was able to make use of the brick that I had, which saved me time and money. Nicky was able to start the job within a short time frame, from when we met.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I was contacted by Jay ** to lay my floor. He came out Monday night to measure and give me an estimate of $875 to lay 285 sq ft of flooring. He said he would be here at 9 am Saturday morning. He showed up at 9:30 with one person that was a friend of his wife's. Two of his crew didn't show up. After four hours of work my floor isn't even a quarter of the way done and what is done is completely unacceptable. He went to lunch because he was feeling light headed. He called and said he still didn't feel well and could he come back on Sunday to finish the job.

At that point, after looking at his work, we told him don't bother to come back, we would find someone else to finish the job. His friend came back to get their tools and we told him we were sorry but it just wasn't acceptable. The friend said he was only following instructions because he didn't know what to do. Needless to say we are very unhappy because now I am going to have to wait another two weeks for my kitchen to be finished. You have my email if you have any questions about this but I am not sure I would trust anyone anymore through your website.

Porch response

Hello Terri. We apologize for the experience you had with this contractor. Please reach out to homeowner@porch.com, or call directly at 855-494-5972 with your project details and contact information, we want to make sure this does not happen in the future. Again, we apologize for your experience and appreciate your feedback as it helps us provide better service moving forward.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

They recommended a contractor to me that was featured in the news two times for scamming people. Unfortunately I trusted this website and didn't do enough research on this contractor before engaging with him. Customer service didn't do enough to:

1) remedy the situation (based on the information they shared with me it appears they didn't bother contacting the contractor either to try to resolve the situation, I just received a boiler plate response) and

2) protect future customers who will fall victim to the same scamming contractor (customer service said they would leave a note on his profile).

Porch response

Hello Tom. We are very sorry to hear about the experience that you had with this contractor, and would appreciate the opportunity to learn more. Please email homeowner@porch.com to discuss further.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

The contractor took my number from the work order and keeps calling and texting me. He sent me his seedy photography and invites to his band. 7 months went by and I finally worked up the courage to inform Porch of the situation via the customer service line. Rep was extremely obtuse. Brushed me off completely. She just said she’d “put a note not to send the same guy” on my account! I repeated it again and she goes, “yeah, yeah I put a note on your account.” was SHOCKED. Like a less entertaining version of The Cable Guy. Soon after the contractor called me again!! When I didn’t answer, he sent a text to “check in” on me. Not only did they let me down by sending him into my home to begin with, they left me vulnerable to more of these creepy calls and texts after I made them aware that he was contacting me! It was like his behavior raised ZERO red flags! I can’t imagine what it’s like to work within the company if this is how they treat CUSTOMERS!

Porch response

Hello Anna. This is certainly not the experience we aim to deliver at Porch, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the experience you had with this contractor. Please reach out to homeowner@porch.com with your project details and contact information, we want to make sure this does not happen in the future. Again, we apologize for your experience and appreciate your feedback as it helps us provide better service moving forward.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

David did a great job and may get some more work out of this when we are ready to seal our pavers. Price was very reasonable. Not to mention, he’s a very nice and polite young man. We would use him again in a heartbeat????

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I recommend other options. I had an appointment for an outdoor ceiling fan installation. The pro didn't show, so I called Porch at the number that I had. The representative said he would check on the situation and call back in a few minutes. I gave him a few minutes and called back and spoke with a different representative. She said that she would call to see where the pro was. I said, "Forget it!" Full of disgust, I called Porch's corporate offices in Seattle, Washington. I can assure any person reading that I did not get any heartfelt apology. They merely said that, for some reason, the pro was booked at the same time for two different jobs. Very professional, Porch!

Hello William.

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We missed the mark on communication here, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you still need help with your project, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you again and make it right.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

On the initial contact, they were positive and motivated to do the work, and we set up an appointment for that afternoon. They showed up on time and completed the work with no issues. The electrician was knowledgeable, very cordial and professional. I highly recommend them.

Porch Company Information