It's that easy Request Information
3.12/5
Based on 224 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Porch is the leading destination for professional installation, assembly, repair, maintenance, and other home services from quality pros. Porch has a nationwide network of home services professionals that make it fast and easy to tackle whatever's on your home to-do list. Porch also connects customers with a suite of free services, including a dedicated Home Assistant, 24/7 help, online project management, project cost guides, pro reviews, and much more. Learn more at porch.com/reviews.

230 Porch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Great job on the mowing service. I have been burned by other services not showing up, but Porch comes on time and does a great job with mowing and trimming. With the recent weather issues, Porch was quick to contact me to update on their availability and promised to show up at the first chance and they did. Now that I have seen their service in action, I can count on Porch as a reliable service for other projects.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Provided an excellent local service-provider who was able to fix my problem quickly and efficiently. Would definitely recommend them for further jobs as necessary. Great company who values their customers. Quick response and service date, which fit my work schedule.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The gentleman who came to do the assembly called ahead of time to let me know what time he would arrive. He got here promptly. He took care of everything with complete ease and put the cabinet together perfectly. He had a great professional attitude and I would recommend him to anyone. This was a great service.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

My lot is full of old ornamental trees, shrubs. Also hard to haul away; we're seniors without a truck. Response by Porch is quick, current and gives results. Very happy to get local professional that called ahead and came on time for the estimate.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

It is with great regret I wish to inform you that the contractor we hired using your website has been totally unprofessional. In simple terms I would say it's been a bad experience!! Name: **. Company: Priority One Maintenance. Add: 298 Stewart Ave. Fl 1. Kearny, NJ 07032. Phone number(201) 628-2626, 973 698 2695. We hired this guy way back in February for our kitchen remodeling. It's August now and he his still unable finish the Work.

The room is currently in a horrible condition (attached pictures), he has ripped up the pantry due to which we have to keep all our stuff required for cooking in the living room. This is attracting pests and insects, I have two kids and I am totally worried about the health of my kids due to infections that may have occurred. Secondly, the electric job is incomplete, you can see open circuits and points everywhere in the kitchen, there is likelihood of kids touching these open wires which could result into an accident. The ceiling was opened up for the job and it's still unfinished with no speckling or paint job done. The electric permit is not completely closed. He has opened up the Dishwasher and Garbage disposal rendering it non usable, causing a lot of discomfort to me and my wife.

** does not appreciate your business. He does NOT show up when he says he will and not just on one occasion, he'll reschedule and reschedule not showing up time after time until you're the dummy going in circles. And forget phone calls. He doesn't call back and just keeps giving you the runaround if he does happen to answer!! Such a waste of time!! He appears very pleasant and willing to please BUT doesn't want to work and makes it very clear by his actions after meeting him!! Having said that, I need help from you guys to ensure the job is complete and remove me from my grief. Please call me if you need more details.

Swapnil,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with this contractor. We will reach out directly to get more information and provide assistance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I contacted Porch as I could not find anyone in my area to put a TV with a TV stand up. I contacted them over a month ago to hire someone for around $140 to put the TV stand together. I was told I would be contacted within 24 hours. This led to me contacting the company three additional times when first, no one in my area was available, and when I was able to find someone, the contact information for the people was either wrong, or simply never got back in contact with me. The one person, out of 3 or 4 I contacted as far as contractors, would have costed around $500, just to put the stand together. I requested Porch again to hire someone, and waited a week, still hearing nothing. I gave up and hired a friend to do the work for a fraction of the cost. I waited two months and got nothing done from Porch.

Louvinia,

We're sorry to hear we were not able to match you with a contractor. We do our best to match homeowners with qualified local pros who can get the job done. In this case, it's possible there are limited pros in your area. We hope you'll give us another try for a different project in the future.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Awful. Complete rip off. Broken Ice Maker and Waste Disposal. Several trips from Simon ** and his brother from Sound Appliance through Porch. Over $600 dollars spent on parts and labor and neither have been fixed. Lost count of broken promises and missed appointments. When I first contacted Porch they seemed very concerned. When they learned the details of my case they basically said, "Write a bad review and contact an advocacy group, or BBBureau." Avoid at all costs.

Fraser,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience with this contractor you found through Porch. We hope you will give us another in the future.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I hired Porch to install a new Bosch dishwasher. The tech was visibly out of his depth and clearly did not understand how to properly install the device. When I returned home the evening of the install, the dishwasher door would not close properly and the unit could not complete a cycle. The installation manager tried to blame the manufacturer for the poor installation and initially refused to help. After several calls with their “customer service” (use that term loosely) I finally got another tech out to fix the door so it closed properly.

I am now left with a unit that appears to work, however have very little confidence that it was hooked up completely correctly. Not to mention the door of my brand new dishwasher is damaged and I have no recourse. Additionally, I requested that Porch remove the old appliance when I signed up for the service. I found it in pieces in my basement and they refused to dispose of it unless I paid them another $90! In MA there are services that will pay me for an old dishwasher, which I ultimately used after multiple arguments about what Porch agreed to at the outset. I will NEVER use them again.

Ishtvan,

We apologize for your experience with this pro. We have reached out to you directly to learn more.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I had rust around the overflow drain and bottom drain in the bathtub. It was in horrible condition, almost rotted through. The woman who came out did an incredible job of refinishing it. However, she didn't really clean the first row of tiles that was part of the agreement. We were able to clean the tiles and grout, which took quite a while, but I was so happy to get rid of the rust and rot, having to clean the tiles was okay.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Yony is great. He quoted us a price and kept to his word when the work involved turned out to be a bit more than he originally thought. Very helpful and knowledgeable with regards to the chandelier installation. Very conscientious and professional. Will definitely work with him again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

After 18 hours and $1,007 in paid charges, team failed to complete kitchen backsplash replacement while also damaging my porch, lanai and kitchen sink. Customer service is horrendous. No one answers or resolves issues.

Raymond,

We're sorry to hear about your experience - we are following up with you directly.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I paid $49.99 to have an "expert" (Steve) come to my home to evaluate the side door of my mobile home that needed to be replaced. He arrived about five hours late stating traffic held him up and that he didn't know Fennville was an hour's drive from Grand Rapids. He measured the door and told me he could obtain a door, remove the existing door, and put in the new door. We agreed on $575.00 for the entire project including the hardware to fit the new door. He told me he would be back early in the morning in a week from the date he was there (7/7/18) to take out the old door and replace.

He did not show and he did not contact me at all. I called Porch and spoke with a rep who told me he would "investigate." I have heard nothing back. I believe I was a victim of a scam. I am 72 years old and handicapped. I already knew the door needed to be replaced. I needed measurements for a new door and Steve measured, but did not give me the measurements as he was to take care of the entire project. What did I pay $49.99 for? I will most likely report this fraud company to the Better Business Bureau. These people should be ashamed of taking advantage of a Senior who is also handicapped.

Gregory,

We apologize for your experience with this pro. We will reach out to you directly to help move your project forward.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Great job fixing the issues with my front door. Awesome job on fixing the frame of the door and you were great at your job. Now the front door closes and locks without issues. Porch did a great job for my home.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018 I was referred by Lowe's for outdoor item purchased from them that required assembly. From my very 1st contact with Porch services, the individual I spoke with was very knowledgeable and helpful. Scheduled our job on date we requested. Clearly explained the process and payment options. Very helpful and informative.

The actual people who came out to assemble were very experienced. They were on time, very organized and methodical. Worked diligently to complete the job within the specified time frame given to us by staff at Porch. Overall a very pleasant and hassle free encounter. Would highly recommend your services to friends and family.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Curtain installation. Installers did a great job. They were professional, friendly, informative, and efficient. I'm very pleased with their work and will call them back when the rest of my windows are installed in mid-August. This includes four windows, wide, regular and narrow sizes.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The 9 tiles used & matching grout make the kitchen floor look new! He is still shopping for 3 more in Bahamas Bone color with white background & glazed finish —- hard to find since tile store closed and tile discontinued from Dallas. I recommended him to my bridge group who also live in 40 year old homes.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

We are very satisfied with the quality of the work performed. Integrity was professional in their service and they responded quickly when asked to correct some minor errors. We would recommend them to friends.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Rob arrived on time, was very respectful of my place. Came in looked at the the job site, removed the old microwave and replaced it with the new one. Cleaned up after. Had me check everything out. I signed the paper work and he was off to help the next customer. Would use this service again.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I'm so tired of being promised everything by salespeople who seem to have no idea what they're promising, they don't care, and they don't communicate well with the people who do the actual work. I liked Keith (he gets 4-5 stars which brought Porch up from the 1-2 stars I wanted to give; hence an overall 3 stars). Keith was the handyman who did the work. He did good enough work, and was extremely helpful with information and suggestions. I know if there's a next time, I suppose I need to specify that I'd like the person doing work to clean up the mess of material scraps and other dust and dirt, which I don't really mind paying for as long as it's done and done right.

William,

We are sorry to hear this - we're not sure where the miscommunication happened here, but we will reach out to learn more. We are glad you had a positive experience with our handyman. Thank you for this valuable feedback.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I was very pleased with the job except I think it was a little high. I expected 99.00 instead of 129.00. The job was not rocket science and I had everything waiting. He had to go home and get ladder. It should have been with him.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

My drapery installation project was complicated. I knew it would be a challenge and it was in fact just that. FITSUM was the young man who came and helped with the project. He listened well as we determined together what needed to be done. He was very honest and his assessment of what needed to be done in another room and another part of the house was very helpful as well. I cannot stress enough how impressed I was with his work ethic and his desire to be thorough in doing the job.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

We bought a TV stand and soon discovered that it was going to be difficult to assemble. Called Porch and the man on the phone was very nice and gave us an estimate of cost. The man arrived when he said he would and he put it together easily. He was very nice and it cost us what they said it was going to. No made up extra cost after the work was done. Will definitely be using Porch again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

My initial interactions with Porch were quickly and friendly. They scheduled someone to come out without knowing if someone could actually come out. I would rather give them days we are available and have Porch let me know which date they selected AFTER they find a contractor. The impression was that the appointment was set, so we made preparations, then found out they couldn’t get anyone out until a few days after that.

Still very quick turnaround but I see improvement that can be made. I was contacted by someone about the appointment who didn’t indicate if they were from Porch or if they were the contractor. He turned out to be an intermediary that helps Porch find contractors, but I’m still not certain. More transparency about the process would be helpful. After that, though, our contractor came out as scheduled and completely the job quickly. He was excellent and friendly.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Helped with window screen installation. On time and extremely helpful. Thank you! The guys were very high on customer service. They were very prepared and they brought all their tools. Although it didn’t take very long for them to solve my issue I couldn’t of done it without them.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I received several emails that said there were cement contractors that was available to complete the installation of a new pool deck drain, and this was easily over a month ago. I was never contacted by anyone. Project is still waiting to be completed. I have found a reliable cement contractor and the project will be completed this week.

David,

Thank you for the feedback. We're sorry to hear you were not contacted by any pros regarding your project. If you still need assistance getting the work done, please feel free to reach out and we will do our best to match you with interested contractors.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Contracted to fix composite deck and had 2 no shows, no call, no nothing. They also did not return calls...!!! Finally, a person called me unscheduled and actually showed up about a week later. The final person did a good job and was professional. (Mark)

Gary,

We apologize for any unclear or delayed communication about your project. We're happy to hear that ultimately we helped get the job done well. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Install storm shutters - Person installing was good, however, coming in a car, needing to haul material, no power tools - felt was not either acquainted with the job, or wasn't ready to do the work. Was surprised when the final bill was given, which was a couple of hundred dollars over the agreed price. There was not written job proposal, I signed nothing to approve the cost estimate. All in all, Porch is not a good company for the consumer, but you make out like bandits in making money. Will never use Porch again, and will actively recommend to anyone to reconsider who to use, i.e., buy locally instead of what you are.

Ron,

We're sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience. For our handyman services, we do our best to accurately estimate the total number of hours and cost. Sometimes, the work takes longer than estimated and the price reflects this extra labor cost. We apologize if this was not communicated clearly. Thank you for the feedback, as it helps us provide better service moving forward.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The tech came out and put together my bed. They asked if everything was ok. It looked fine UNTIL I slept in it. I can NOT lay on the right side of my bed because it feels as if its gonna fall. I've contacted the technician, the coordinator or scheduler and your customer service department and yet NO ONE has come out to fix it. Poor workmanship and poor customer service! It's been two days and I'm still waiting for a return call that was supposed to take 30 minutes!

Taisha,

We apologize for the delay in communication. We will reach out to you directly to communicate further.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Bob did everything we needed with precision. Our deck had a 40-year old hot tub in it and it is now completely new. We did not know how to get the repair done until we heard about Porch.com. We were VERY happy with Porch.com and with Bob!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

My water heater sprung a leak. I was initially thinking about replacing it with a tankless heater but ended up going with a new tank model. The installer Porch referred me to (All Wayz Plumbing - Travis **) was very good, knowledgeable, polite and reasonably priced. Thanks.

Porch Company Information

2012
2200 First Ave S
Seattle
WA
1 (855) 494-5972
porch.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business