It's that easy Request Information
3.34/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Porch is the leading destination for professional installation, assembly, repair, maintenance, and other home services from quality pros. Porch has a nationwide network of home services professionals that make it fast and easy to tackle whatever's on your home to-do list. Porch also connects customers with a suite of free services, including a dedicated Home Assistant, 24/7 help, online project management, project cost guides, pro reviews, and much more. Learn more at porch.com/reviews.

350 Porch Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I purchased the service through Walmart. Porch scheduled my service a week out. I put in to take off work to ensure I would be home for this install. The day before the installation, they called to confirm I still needed the service which I confirmed. They ended up calling back right before close of business and left me a voicemail stating they had a scheduling conflict and will not be coming. They had a week to ensure someone was available for my install and they called to confirm but yet they ended up having a conflict? Why was I the one booked versus the other customer? After talking to 4 different customer reps and supervisor, I was told they will see what day they have available and let me know.

No one at the company had any answers and Walmart only transferred me back to Porch. So I wasted a vacation day for no reason and the shed was not installed as planned. After 24 hours they still couldn't tell me when someone would be available to come out. What horrible service and a waste of company. This company has no clue what they are doing. Either their installers unreliable or they cannot manage schedules correctly. I am canceling my installation and getting my money back. There are better companies out there that do the same thing but actually get the job done.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I paid for his visit. He was timely and very knowledgeable. He said he would get me an estimate. Over a week has gone by and I have not received an estimate. Also, after a few days, I called the project manager and told him I had not received an estimate. Still I have not heard from the estimator or Porch. I would still like the estimate I paid for!!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Storage Shed Assembly - There was supposed to be two installation people only one showed up. Tyrell ** showed up and did an amazing job without anyone to help him. He never once complained, just went to work. I would recommend your company to anyone that needs help with a project.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Everything went well. The serviceman contacted me, we set a time, he called ahead to give me time to get home and he fixed the problem. He did not leave a mess and he was very professional. I will use them again.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I was scheduled an 11 am appointment today, 10/7/2018. I called to check the status of the individual coming to my home, because I never received a courtesy call 24 hrs prior to my appointment. I was told the individual missed his flight back to Philadelphia, like it's my problem, and the supervisor would find someone for the project. Never happened. No one took responsibility to call me to cancel or reschedule the appointment. Totally unprofessional and misuse of someone else's time. Will never use this service again. Nor recommend this service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Contractor is not reliable. Anthony did not show up when promised. Multiple excuses. He asked for more money before even putting in 2 days. He tried to do less work than promised (one coat rather than two, etc.). NOT worth the hassle - do not hire this man.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Porch helped me get utilities set up quickly by removing the research for me which saved a lot of time and frustration. And they have connections to services, with discounts, I will be needing now that we've moved in. Great resource and Ashley has been very responsive to my questions and a pleasure to work with. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I am a contractor working out of Mobile, AL. I contacted Porch for a window replacement project, the contractor (and I use that term loosely) came out, gave me a price, received a 60% of the total job for a deposit, told me 7 to 10 days to get the window. After the tenth day I started to get the runaround, he left my job at a standstill for 4 days before I had to find someone else to do the job. I have contacted him several times to get my money back but it has been one lie after another. Just for a heads up the name of the company is TCS. AKA Frankie **.

Steve,

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback. We're sorry to hear about your experience with this contractor, and we have reached out to you directly to learn more.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Dan show up on time, very detailed explain what will be do on the job, and reasonable price for the service on my garage door wall console replacement, very satisfied! Definitely recommend this company to my friends. Soho garage door repair.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Nice guy! Worked efficiently and did a nice job. Cleaned up afterwards, which was appreciated with a 3-year-old running around. The light looks great and you can tell it was installed by a professional. Would recommend using again!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Worked with Shain **, Project Coordinator. The roofing contractor he set up did a great job. However, Shain didn’t coordinate well with the contractor, and we haven’t heard any more from him. We would like to speak with him.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

On September 19, I was dealing with no water after a main water pipe burst. I needed quickly to have a plumber assess and provide an estimate. Within a few minutes of describing the problem on Porch's site, I had 3 companies calling me and one arrived within the hour. They did an excellent job at a fair price. I am very pleased with this service. Since knowing about Porch, I will cancel the home warranty I have been carrying. This service is not the same as a warranty, but better because of quick response and good companies.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Flooring estimate - Estimator did not provide a bid. It has been over two weeks. Late in arriving for estimate and did not have the courtesy to call. Said he would drop off samples and did not. Do not want to work further with this contractor.

Philip,

We're sorry to hear about your experience with this contractor. If you still need assistance with your project, please reach out and we'd be happy to try to connect you with a different contractor.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Water seeping under my driveway was undermining it. J. ** cleaned the expansion joints and filled them with a putty substance. He did a thorough and neat job. He fixed my problem. I will recommend him to anyone needing his expertise.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Advanced Chimney Repair responded to my request for chimney repair estimate. We set up a "fix date" of Sep 24. Between 8 and 10. I drove up to my cabin, 30 miles one way, and got a call at 8:40 that they did not have the parts to fix the chimney. So they were going to fix it Sat 9-29; meeting time of 8:30. I waited till 10:30. Called ** twice; went to voice mail, called the Freeport no. ** twice. Oct 1, I got a call that they were going to work it in today from Freeport Exchange. (I missed that call, shower.) Called both numbers a few times, went to voice mail. Nothing happened! So now they owe me 7 gallons of gas!

Edward,

We're sorry to hear about your experience with this contractor. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope you will give us another try in the future for your next project.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Very knowledgeable. Was having a problem with a three bulb ceiling light that had a bad socket that would constantly short out the unit and trip the circuit breaker. I had been told several times to replace the light, but couldn't find a new one that would match the other lights. He worked with a spare socket from his truck and got me up and running again.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

They really didn’t send me folks that do this stuff (staining cabinets/garage door, refinishing floors, siding) and have before and after pictures or references for these specific things. Also I asked for a GC and they sent me non-GCs. I called back again to let them know but got no New calls.

Sherry,

We're sorry to hear we have not been able to match you with a contractor that meets your needs. We do our best to match homeowners with qualified local pros who can get the job done. In this case, it's possible there are limited pros in your area qualified to do this project. We hope you'll give us another try for a different project in the future.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Door replacement - Joy and her employee responded quickly and fixed our problem very quickly and the work was first class. We are going to have her paint the whole house when we move. She is an asset to the business.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Thus far, the set up for the kitchen faucet replacement was easy. A call came from Porch and it was set up. The product was ordered, as was the installation service, through Walmart. I've received the product which looks great and it will be installed in a few days.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

The Porch system was very responsive via email and text. Contractors began calling me within 24 hours. They were very responsive and set up prompt dates to give me bids for a new roof (Shingle roof installation) on a rental property garage -- **. (I gave you the wrong address so you may have it under **). I chose Integrity Roofing to do the job. They will begin on October 3, 2018.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Excellent Service and install will use them every time. I have more projects coming up and I won't hesitate to call L & E out of Warren Michigan. So professional and timely and friendly. I appreciate the service that Porch provided so I could locate and hire L& E. Thank you again for the connection.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Daniel did an expert job as the Plumbing Specialist assigned to me by Trusted Heating and Plumbing. Daniel knew what he was doing and he did it. I appreciated how he explained things to me as we went along, giving me the benefit of his opinion as he told me my options. His friendliness, coupled with his knowledge and skill, inspired my trust. My trust in Daniel was not misplaced. I am pleased to recommend him.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

We have a HVAC with several issues. Overload on the electrical as well as other poor performance of the unit. We needed both diagnostic and repair. Our service experience was first rate and timely. Everything is working better than new because of other work was done that was not necessary but upgraded for today's needs. Once again, very impressed and happy.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Upstairs flooring replaced. We weren't happy with the people you sent. They didn't tarp or use dropcloth, had sawdust all over upstairs and downstairs. Had to call them back twice to fix defects. Just a bad experience and overpriced. I wouldn't use this service again.

Martin,

We're sorry to hear about your experience with this contractor. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope you will give us another try in the future.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Porch started out seeming organized and tech savvy, after I found them online and was able to receive a call/text/email to follow up and schedule my appointment for some yard clean up. After they called to confirm I took off work and made arrangements to be home for them to come. I then got a text and an email the following day saying that they don't even serve my zip code and the appointment was being canceled. So... Don't get scammed by them like I did... Thinking you are all set with the service and then find out they don't even serve your area. VERY unprofessional!!

Amy,

Thank you for your feedback -- we apologize for this experience. When your appointment was booked, we believed we would have a lawn care professional able to provide service. As we were unable to send a professional out, we cancelled the service. We apologize for any inconvenience, and hope you’ll consider using us for a different service in the future.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

They were extremely polite and did a wonderful job. I was satisfied with the quality of service at the two guys provided. They were excellent, very sweet and polite. Also they did everything they could to help me with getting water because apparently my water was shut off when I got there. They did a wonderfully great job.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

So, I am a remodeling contractor operating out of Rochester, NY. I decided to try out Porch and purchased 2 leads. BOTH leads turned out to be false leads, one was also listed as a Tile job, turned out it was supposed to be an acoustical ceiling installation. Falsely advertised and miscategorized. Should have been a $20 lead but I had to pay $40 to get it. The second lead I purchased for $50 turned out to be a homeowner who never had any interest in remodeling his kitchen, had no idea what I was talking about and never requested this service from Porch. Seems like they are creating false leads, having you purchase them for a large amount of money, and then do not stand behind them whatsoever.

They steal your $50, then say in an email: well, even though the homeowner did not request the service, he answered his phone, so therefore we have provided you with an opportunity to speak to a homeowner, and you didn't take the opportunity to sell him a kitchen... Like whaaaaaaaa?!?! ** thieves! I could go to my neighbor and try and sell him a kitchen also, but when he says not interested, it will not suck $50 from my pocket every single time... So more or less... I spent $90 on 2 leads, and both turned out to be false/"contractor bait" as I call them... Don't waste your money with these scammers. Totally bogus, just like most other lead generation companies.

J G,

We're sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience. We aim to provide contractors with high-quality leads and exceptional customer service. Someone from our pro support team will be reaching out to connect and discuss further.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Very professional company. They gave a detailed quote and did an amazing job. They always responded to my phone calls when I had a question. They have very reasonable pricing and I didn't have any surprise cost. We were not sure what type of countertop to select and they were very helpful in helping us make a decision.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Very satisfied with the services provided by Danibul Garage Door installation. The work was done during period of time contracted for, the owner of company personally came by and completed the work to my satisfaction. I would highly recommend using this company.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Robert fixed a very stubborn door and it works perfectly. He built a railing on a deck and it looks great! He was very conscientious and thorough. I had been looking for help to get this railing built for quite some time. I got your name from a neighbor who was also pleased.

Porch Company Information