Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Help me decide

4.0/5 (289 ratings)
Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Porch

Porch is the leading destination for professional installation, assembly, repair, maintenance, and other home services from quality pros. Porch has a nationwide network of home services professionals that make it fast and easy to tackle whatever's on your home to-do list. Porch also connects customers with a suite of free services, including a dedicated Home Assistant, 24/7 help, online project management, project cost guides, pro reviews, and much more. Learn more at porch.com/reviews.

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Porch Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Porch?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

They recommended a contractor to me that was featured in the news two times for scamming people. Unfortunately I trusted this website and didn't do enough research on this contractor before engaging with him. Customer service didn't do enough to:

1) remedy the situation (based on the information they shared with me it appears they didn't bother contacting the contractor either to try to resolve the situation, I just received a boiler plate response) and

2) protect future customers who will fall victim to the same scamming contractor (customer service said they would leave a note on his profile).

Porch response

Hello Tom. We are very sorry to hear about the experience that you had with this contractor, and would appreciate the opportunity to learn more. Please email homeowner@porch.com to discuss further.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

The contractor took my number from the work order and keeps calling and texting me. He sent me his seedy photography and invites to his band. 7 months went by and I finally worked up the courage to inform Porch of the situation via the customer service line. Rep was extremely obtuse. Brushed me off completely. She just said she’d “put a note not to send the same guy” on my account! I repeated it again and she goes, “yeah, yeah I put a note on your account.” was SHOCKED. Like a less entertaining version of The Cable Guy. Soon after the contractor called me again!! When I didn’t answer, he sent a text to “check in” on me. Not only did they let me down by sending him into my home to begin with, they left me vulnerable to more of these creepy calls and texts after I made them aware that he was contacting me! It was like his behavior raised ZERO red flags! I can’t imagine what it’s like to work within the company if this is how they treat CUSTOMERS!

Porch response

Hello Anna. This is certainly not the experience we aim to deliver at Porch, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the experience you had with this contractor. Please reach out to homeowner@porch.com with your project details and contact information, we want to make sure this does not happen in the future. Again, we apologize for your experience and appreciate your feedback as it helps us provide better service moving forward.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

David did a great job and may get some more work out of this when we are ready to seal our pavers. Price was very reasonable. Not to mention, he’s a very nice and polite young man. We would use him again in a heartbeat????

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I recommend other options. I had an appointment for an outdoor ceiling fan installation. The pro didn't show, so I called Porch at the number that I had. The representative said he would check on the situation and call back in a few minutes. I gave him a few minutes and called back and spoke with a different representative. She said that she would call to see where the pro was. I said, "Forget it!" Full of disgust, I called Porch's corporate offices in Seattle, Washington. I can assure any person reading that I did not get any heartfelt apology. They merely said that, for some reason, the pro was booked at the same time for two different jobs. Very professional, Porch!

Hello William.

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We missed the mark on communication here, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you still need help with your project, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you again and make it right.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

On the initial contact, they were positive and motivated to do the work, and we set up an appointment for that afternoon. They showed up on time and completed the work with no issues. The electrician was knowledgeable, very cordial and professional. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

They're professional, polite, timely and even helped me out with a couple of minor issues other than what we hired them for. Mike Tinker and his crew are top notch and come Highly recommended! If you need an electrician, call on Tinker Electric, LLC.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

This is a so called inspection guarantee company. Our inspector missed 2 major items. Plumbing and roof. We claimed this against their insurance which is Porch, and they offered us $300 for a close to $4000 repair. Additionally we had to sign that we would not report the inspection company or write a negative review about them. Communications and paperwork looks very unprofessional and makes me think this is someone working out of their bedroom. I would avoid any company using Porch as their way of guarantee.

Porch response

We are very sorry to hear about the experience that you had with this contractor, and would appreciate the opportunity to learn more. Please email HST@porch.com to discuss further.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

Scheduled appt with someone by phone have my deck stained. I received a text message a few days before the appt saying they weren't going to have anyone on that day and if I would allow them to keep looking for a someone. I told them no and to cancel the request because I felt like I made the appt well in advance and the person who I set it up with told me what days were available and which ones weren't. After replying to the text to cancel and gave the reason, I received a reply 30 seconds later saying after reviewing the job closer, they found someone.?? They said they found someone and I would receive a call from that person. The job was scheduled for 9/26. As of 9/30 I haven't heard anything from that person or anyone else from the company.

Porch response

We are sorry to hear about this experience. We aim to provide homeowners with an easy, straightforward process from booking through project completion. We missed the mark on communication here and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

I had my rain gutters repaired and they leaked. Numerous attempts, 5 or 6, by text and calls to get them to come out again to fix it yielded no response at all. I will have to pay someone else to fix their error.

Porch response

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We missed the mark on communication here, and we apologize for any inconvenience. Please reach out to HST@porch.com and someone on our team can assist you.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Professional, Pleasant, Outstanding work. They arrived very timely. We had visitors arriving at our home on short notice, they were willing to come out very short notice. We definitely recommend this company and workmen! They pressure washed the slab in front of our home plus concrete block base on our home. They also pressure washed our carport. Looked like new when they were done. We will recommend them to others.

Porch Company Information