4.57/5
Based on 451 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Chester, PA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Power Home Remodeling provides efficient remodeling solutions to any of your window, roofing, siding, entry door or attic insulation needs. When you work with Power, you are guaranteed a job well done from a team that is responsible and professional.

No matter what the job is, the team at Power Home Remodeling works with you in order to turn your dream home into reality. Visit our website today to learn more or to obtain a free estimate.

Power Home Remodeling Group Video
Power Home Remodeling Group Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 22, 2018

453 Power Home Remodeling Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

The first installation crew seemed to be new to this kind of work. They were slow and their installation work substandard. To Power's credit, they noted the issues immediately and worked to correct them quickly. After the crew was changed and a new lead installer added, the installation moved along well. They repaired or when needed replaced materials in the areas that had been installed by the 1st crew. The young man that lead this effort was great to work with - I don't remember his name but he was great. Whoever reads this needs to find him and thank him. His attitude and work ethics were so impressive that we actually purchased gutters from Power.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I LOVE my bay window. I have one complaint. I don't like the header or overhead capping at the top of the window. The project manager assigned to me never came by and I called 3 times to complain about this. I also told the men who did the job I don't like the way it looks and if they could do something to improve it. I was told by Dan one of your salesmen who came by he said I need to get use to it and if I still don't like the way it looks to call. No one has answered me on this matter, I feel like I am being disregarded now that the work has done. I am starting another project in June but still nothing is being done about my bay window; the crew that came was excellent with clean up and quick and very respectful and trustworthy, I requested the same crew for the next project. Please address this matter... Thank you.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Power Home Remodeling replaced 10 front windows in my home. The work and customer interface throughout the process was very professional. Clean up was done immediately after the work was done. I was very pleased with the results and have recommended Power to friends.

Original review: April 20, 2018

The entire team from beginning to end was fantastic. We were all encountered with one of the many nor’easters which made their scheduling and workforce under a lot of pressure. The worksite wasn’t as clean and the blinds didn’t work as they should. Those men worked so hard for two days that toward the end I actively encourage them to leave things as they were. It did not bother me that there were still work areas that needed attention. I did not begrudge the situation as they left. They were cold and deeply tired and kind and professional and they deserved to go home. I have complete confidence and company and whom employ.

Original review: April 20, 2018

We've been in this house for over 20 years and we’re thinking of moving back to Louisiana. We might sell the house in a couple of years so I'd like to update the house and prepare it for sale. Power Home came to our neighborhood and we liked the product they showed us. I had an excellent experience with their sales team. The girl who did the demo was fantastic and the demo was well-constructed. The actual demo of light and heat coming through the glass or not was very good. I'm a product manager, so I paid attention to how they presented and showed the product, and I was very impressed.

I had Power Home change out the windows. The installation was good, quick and complete. The guys showed us they did the work and how everything works. After that, we had a quality assurance guy come and he also did an inspection. He sat with us and talked if there was anything else needed to be done. Then, the same day, another guy came and checked the work of the installation team. The quality of work done was very good. I was very happy with the whole process. I had a fantastic experience with Power Home. The product is fantastic and I'm very happy that I've made the decision to put the windows in. I had them do six windows to start on the west side of the house where the sunlight's in and we've already signed for the rest of the house to get done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Power Home Remodeling Group?

Original review: April 19, 2018

Power Home Remodeling Group does an excellent job. Shane communicated the arrival of Mike the installer. Mike arrived on time, removed the existing door and installed the new door exactly as described previously. We are very happy and satisfied with the installation and the products for our roof, 17 windows and new front door.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Power Home was aggressive at BJ's where I saw them. We were already looking at our roof and it just so happened they were lined up well and then they gave me some quotes. Power Home's sales rep was friendly. He came up to me and asked me if I was looking to do any home repairs such as windows, doors, or roof. I told him we were already looking into our roof and also, for them to come out and give me the whole shebang and see what we want.

We had the roof scheduled twice because of the weather. And then, when the installers came out, they showed up early, so I wasn’t even up out of bed yet. I ended up having to get up and move my car out of my driveway so they could park. They did our roof when we had 2 ft. of snow on the ground though, so they scheduled to clean up. So, they're supposed to be coming out soon to clean up, but I got nails and asphalt everywhere. The roof's done and it's holding up, and they were upfront that they couldn't do a full clean up at that time, but they'd be back and do a magnetic sweep and spring cleaning. But they're all only talking about a magnetic sweep now, so I don't know if I'm gonna try that or in about a year.

Power Home also had to re-quote me. They were supposed to cover the particle board and they didn’t quote enough for that. It was difficult to get the estimate correct because they couldn't see all of it, but they ended up having to replace a whole lot more of the boards and the floor. But they gave me a decent price for it and they did a good job. They didn’t try to trick me for that, but it was kind of disappointing that we had to pay a little bit more than what we were quoted originally.

The only thing is the phone calls seem to be uncoordinated. When I was setting it up beforehand, I had to talk to a lot of people and somebody always had to call me back after they talked to somebody else. It just seemed like there was a lot of back and forth that went on. But it is difficult to finalize things which was understandable when you're trying to schedule putting a roof on. Other than that, everything seemed to have turned out all right for us. I'd tell my friends about my experience and the simplicity of it. I'll also tell them to do their research because the quotes were decently high, but the quality was decent for the quotes as well.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had Power Home do the holders and the windows. They were friendly and they explained everything really well in the beginning. They told me that I wouldn't pay anything until the project finished and until I made sure that I liked everything that would be done. They also told me to make sure I liked the contract before I signed it. You pay little by little and that’s really nice because it’s hard to save money to do projects like windows, sidings or roofs. They then sent out people who gave me the prices and then someone came out to make sure everything was okay about everything.

Four guys came here to do the first project since it was not big. It was raining then and they worked really hard and they were really nice. They worked from 7:30 in the morning to 4:30 in the afternoon. They did the job in two days and they cleaned everything before they left. It was so fast. Then, the supervisor came and told me to make sure I liked everything. I pointed out some little things and they fixed it. I'm really happy with what they did. All that time they were like, "You like it? Everything okay?" They're doing the old siding in our house in May. I've also recommended them to someone else.

Original review: April 18, 2018

My wife and I were starting to get estimates for replacing a 27 year old roof when a Power representative was canvassing the neighborhood. In speaking to the canvasser, we told him that we were interested in an estimate. He called his office and arranged to have a sales rep come to our home early that evening. Anthony ** spent about 2-1/2 hours going over everything about Power as a company, the roof, the materials, and what to expect. We decided to go with Power based on his presentation and estimate. Within a week, we had another Power rep come to check everything out and schedule the job. We were surprised when it could be scheduled within 2 weeks of the estimate.

The day of the job, six (6) workers came and did a job in seven (7) hours! The original roof was done in 1991 by 2 guys and it took a day and a half! The cleanup was great - the workers told me to just check the driveway for any nails or debris after the dumpster is removed. I found only 3 nails and enough tar paper to make a sheet about a foot by a foot and a half! Really good cleanup by the workers! My wife and I were really surprised when we got a call from another Power rep who came just to do quality assurance about the job. He spent about 45 minutes going over things with us and activated our warranty as well. Since our roof was done, we saw that one of our neighbors had their roof done by Power and we gave the phone number to a friend who needed a roof as well. Thank you for a job well done!

Original review: April 18, 2018

Power Home Remodeling Group did our windows and insulation. Their reps weren't very pushy, and they were nice and answered our questions. They showed how moisture was getting in causing damage and we have to replace stuff whoever we went with. And they also looked at our insulation in the attic and they said that out insulation was enough to the required standards. And they also talked about how they have a reflective thing to put in that would help keep the heat in during the winter and cooler in the summer. Then, we looked at everything they said and figured it was something we probably needed to get done so we didn’t have more damage on our house.

The guys who did the installation were great. Although one of the windows apparently got cracked and that didn’t get caught before they put the windows in, so we had to wait for our window to come back in. We had set a date when they were here doing the windows, but they kept trying to move it up. But I needed to put up the time because of my schedule, and then they said they were fine with that date. On the day we were expecting them to come, I got a call at around 8:30 saying that they didn’t have a window yet. I told them that they had been trying to move the time up for a month and they didn’t even have the window. And they said that there were some problems on the other end and it wasn’t done right, so we had to move the date out again.

Other than that, they did a really good job with the actual installation of the windows and cleaning up the original steel metal framed windows that were broken. We also like the quality of work done and we noticed a difference in the temperature of the house. It keeps the heat out and keeps the area inside cool. We could only afford to do the top windows, but they figured that those were the ones that would be most effective for us, and it did make a difference. Power Home Remodeling Group had good teams and everybody we had an experience with was really good, and we would recommend them.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Jose and I totally love our new windows - they are wider and we can see clearly outside. We immediately noticed a difference in air quality inside, no more drafts and the thermostat does not constantly go on and off. The temperature inside the house stays the same. The outside of the house look fabulous with the new siding and gutters. Installers were totally great and respectful of our home. Thank you so much. We would totally recommend these windows to a friend.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I'm always in the market for home improvement and I heard about Power Home Remodeling Group at a Katy Rice Harvest Festival. They had a table out there and some people were talking. The company seemed to be honest and reliable. They showed me the product and it seemed to be a decent one. The guarantee was there so if anything goes wrong, they're going to stand behind the products. The rep whom I spoke with was laid back, but very cheerful, and knowledgeable.

I had two sets of windows installed and I was a bit skeptical on the first installation. I'm better now but I wasn't impressed with the worker bees. For the first installation, they showed up late and then they had to leave without completing the job when I expected it to be completed. They promised me that it would be done in the weekend but the warehouse have ran out of the right color of putty that they were supposed to use for my particular job. Also, I was informed by the worker bees that they didn't work on Sunday. They decided that they have to come back on Monday and fix it but I wasn't home and I don't like when somebody has to come to my house and I'm not there. Another problem was that there was somebody in the working crew who I recognized. He worked in a facility that I have worked at and he wasn't always straight at the edge. However, it has been better for the second installation because I had smaller windows installed.

I was told that I wouldn't get a bill until so many weeks after the job was finished but here came a bill and it wasn't the amount I was told. I called them and I asked what's going on. Their project manager told me what I needed to know information-wise but now they're telling me differently. Now, I have $17,000 worth of windows in my house and I have to pay for them. I knew that I have to pay for them but I wasn't told that I was gonna start paying for them before the completion of the second job. However, the quality of the product is good and I'm satisfied with Power Home.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I got windows for the whole house from Power Home Remodeling. They took what style I wanted and it was good with the sales team and the installation. The installers were very thorough. They were here for six hours and they cleaned up after themselves.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I had my roofing done, had new gutters and downspouts replaced and replaced all of my windows. The men that came were very courteous and respectful, they gave me a time frame for job to be complete and they were true to their word. The men left everything as they found it, they cleaned up after they were finished and everything looks great... I am very pleased.

Original review: April 16, 2018

The entire experience working with Power has been stress free. From pricing to install to follow up, Power has been professional and worry free. The products they use and the professionals who install are the best.

Original review: April 16, 2018

My own roof was leaking enough and the guy sold Power Home to me. The sales rep did what he was supposed to do and did a good job at what he was doing. They redid my whole roof and they guaranteed and warrantied everything for 50 years. I don't worry about it but it has rained a couple of times and I don't see any brown spots on my ceiling. They're doing my windows next Friday.

Original review: April 15, 2018

The Power exterior windows installation for our home in March, 2017 was prompt, courteous, and professional. The supervisor called ahead to notify us in plenty of time as to when the installers would arrive, and when the installers came to our residence, they immediately went to work. It was a brisk, raw, winter's day, but the Power crew worked steadily throughout the morning into the early afternoon until the job was completed. I do not recall that the crew even took a coffee or lunch break. When they were finished, they cleaned up after themselves thoroughly. My windows look magnificent; several of my neighbors have complimented me on them. My guests for Easter brunch could not stop talking about how beautiful the windows were/are. Thank you Power! I am recommending you to everyone for exterior windows!

Original review: April 15, 2018

From the moment we met with the salesperson to the completion of the installation of our new roof, we were very pleased and satisfied. The workers were efficient and we were amazed at how well our yard was cleaned up. It was a 5 star experience.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We are happy with the work. However, we are supremely disappointed in the cleanup. We have a bag full of nails that we have found on our property, mostly in the backyard where our 3.5-year old plays. One of the nails was ON his swing seat. When the guy was here for 3 and half hours giving his sales pitch, he spoke about this amazing piece of equipment the teams use to clean up at the end of a job that has a super powerful magnet on it. We have trouble believing this was used at all on our property. We understand finding a few stray nails, but not overflowing handfuls. The team also left the electrical wires loose. I pointed out the one from the power lines on the street before signing the release paperwork, and they fixed that. The other one that actually connects to the side of our house was reattached later, at the follow-up visit, because we didn't notice that one was loose (then unattached from wind) until later.

Again, we are very satisfied with the actual work and finished product, but we have to give a 3-star rating because of the issues described above. We will be paranoid for months about someone stepping on a nail or our landscaper ruining his mower if a nail gets caught in it. We are a bit nervous about the remaining work we have scheduled, but you can be sure we will be checking the area for proper cleanup before signing the release paperwork.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 15, 2018

The 4-Hour pitch that we were given promised us amazing windows that wouldn't leak and would save us money on our electric bill. These windows leak worse than our old ones, due to a combination of a crappy installation, which they won't admit to, as well as just crappy bait-and-switch windows in the first place. The so-called lifetime warranty is the only thing keeping us from reporting them to the Better Business Bureau as they are working to put Band-Aids on the windows. Shouldn't be an issue in the first place.

Power Home Remodeling response

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Power Home Remodeling. We are sorry to hear you're having issues following the installation of your project. Looking into your project, we can see that Power has had a service manager out to inspect the project and we are working to resolve the draft coming through the windows. Please give us a call at (888) 736-6335, option 4 at the prompt if there is anything we can help with in the meantime.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We had a quote done by Lowe’s and Home Depot. Then somebody from Power Home was coming around the neighborhood and knocking on doors, and their price was competitive. It was also a much better price than what we had gotten from the Baxter’s. So, we got a new sliding door in our dining room and all new gutters from Power Home. Their salesman was great. We sat around talking like old friends when he was here. When the installers showed up, they did the job and called me out to show me what they did. Then they were out of here and the quality of their work is excellent. I would recommend Power Home to others.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Roof, soffits and trim, and front door - We are very pleased with the workmanship, our only issues were with final cleanup and the amount of nails found from original roof removal. Each foreman for the 3 separate jobs was professional and courteous.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Excellent Job, hardworking crew, Mike the project manager was always there to answer questions. Several people stopped to ask about who did the job & I told them what a great job it was, a complete transformation of my house.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Power HRG is awesome - Highly recommend this company - all the workers were very professional - did a great job from the salesperson to the installation crew and the follow up crew. The process was explained to me in great detail. The installation crew was knowledgeable and very professional - they have a worker that just cleans up as they go - Installation was very timely and the crew left my house very clean. I love that this company has great ties to our military and veterans! They have a lot of veterans that work for the company and provide support for our veterans as well, which is very near and dear to my heart. Extremely pleased with Power HRG! HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who is needing windows, doors, home remodeling, gutters etc. They did such a great job that after the window/door project was completed I hired them to do gutters and put in 2 new sliders!!!

Original review: April 14, 2018

Power installers are extremely professional, courteous, and on time. I had two installation so far and I’m extremely happy with the follow up service and installation. I would definitely recommend this company to any of my friends or family. They may be a few dollars more, but it is more than worth it.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Power Home Remodeling removed the old windows and installed the new ones. Their salesperson was great and everything was good about my experience. I also told my neighbor about them and she told me she was supposed to call in somebody.

Original review: April 13, 2018

My wife and I was very impressed from start to finish. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the product. The first visit took about 3 hours but was well worth it. All of our questions was answer to our satisfaction. A date was set to have the measurements done and a installment date was made. All the employees was very professional and on time. We received a call prior to each visit informing us of the time and next step. The day of installation was very cold but the workers did their job and did not leave until it was completed. However the knob on the door was broken but another one was replace within a week. We are very happy with our experience with Power Remodeling. Will be using Power again.

Original review: April 13, 2018

All of the staff that I interacted with was very friendly and knowledgeable. From the sales rep, Ally, to the project manager, Mike, and everyone in between. They handled every aspect of the project in a timely and caring fashion. Thanks again everybody!!!

Original review: April 13, 2018

We had an outside door and window installed in walkout basement. The job went very smoothly. Everyone knew what to do and the job went perfectly fine. The cleanup was perfect and you couldn't tell work was ever done, we are very happy with the result.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Power detailed the experience ahead of time and exceeded expectations. Roof and gutters were done in two days. Cleanup was excellent. Post-construction walkthrough was professional. Punch list items were minimal and addressed rapidly. We would absolutely hire Power again.

Power Home Remodeling Group expert review by Jonathan Trout

Founded in 1992, Power Home Remodeling is a home remodeling company dedicated to energy efficiency and cost-saving renovations. They focus on using innovative technology and providing specialized help throughout the entire remodeling process to make sure you get the service and home you want.

• Energy efficiency: Your home’s energy efficiency is Power Home’s first priority. With innovative technology, like windows with efficient glass panels, Power Home can help make your home more cost-effective.

• Free estimates: You can get a free estimate from Power Home by giving them a little bit of information about where you live and your home improvement project. They will contact you for specifics and give you a free, no-obligation estimate.

• Warranties: Power Home offers several different warranties for their products, including a lifetime labor warranty for all installations as long as the purchaser lives in that home. Other warranties differ according to the specific remodel you’ve purchased.

• Personal attention: Contractors and installers from Power Home work with you one-on-one to build a personal relationship. You meet with these professionals to figure out how you can make your home the way you want it to be.

• Service areas: Power Home has operating licenses in 17 states. Originally based in the northeastern United States, Power Home has expanded to the Midwest and parts of the South. Check their online coverage list to see if they can work in your state.

• Best for: people who want to remodel their homes to become more energy-efficient.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout