Protect What Matters Most

Power Home Remodeling
4.06/5

Power Home Remodeling

Chester, PA

Power Home Remodeling provides efficient remodeling solutions to any of your window, roofing, siding, entry door or attic insulation needs. When you work with Power, you are guaranteed a job well done from a team that is responsible and professional. Don’t just take our word for it. Check out our customer reviews and testimonials below and see for yourself!

No matter what the job is, the team at Power Home Remodeling works with you in order to turn your dream home into reality. Visit our website today to learn more or to obtain a free estimate.

View More View More

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Power Home Remodeling Reviews

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

The process from start to completion was unexpectedly easy. All of the people involved were very friendly and courteous. The construction crew were simply fantastic. My friends think the windows were too expensive based on the estimate price without seeing the demonstration or the completed project. But after the windows were installed and they could actually see the difference they were silenced. They could not believe the huge difference in the quality. The noise dampening is incredible. All of the small details that make up the whole make this product well worth the investment. The screens are one of those details. From about 4 feet away I cannot see the screens at all which makes my view out so much better. I love the tip out feature so I don’t have to dangle out of the window to clean them anymore as I live on the 2nd floor.

I feel confident that POWER will stand behind their product. This is not a fly by night contractor, or a guy who knows a guy. This is a well established company that provides a top quality product. Again, I really can’t believe the ease of this project. The window quality is what it is, no upgrade nonsense. Every window is the best they have. One of the screens they brought in was damaged. Any other company would make you wait until they got a replacement to you. These guys went out to the truck and repaired it right then and there. Complete new screen on the spot. I can recommend with absolute confidence this product to anyone. I have had work done by contractors that would not stand behind their work. An absolute nightmare. This is not that, I repeat, this is not that. All of the people I encountered gave me absolute confidence they stand by the lifetime warranty.

Original review: July 22, 2019

Today was a day of final satisfaction. Roughly two months ago Power came into our lives. So, entered two young men who were articulate, logical, enjoyable to talk with, and understood us. Took two hours at the most. We signed (seemed like forever--wish they would get some sort of stylus to write with, it is awkward using your fingers) for a new roof, new entry door and new siding on each side of entry because of water damage. Said installation would be a few weeks.

Two or three days later our roof was being installed. Not a lot of interaction between us because what do I know about roofing; they did their job, we signed off on that section of our project only and no funds exchanged hands. We found a few nails, a couple spots that the shingle was not trimmed, and a couple missed cleanup. We called, they responded, we were satisfied. Additional note, we did pick up a nail in our truck tire: upon full completion of project we mentioned it to the quality review person AND!!!! Wait for it--they will cover the cost of the repair which was a new tire. I'm impressed. Maybe a week later the siding and wood was repaired. We signed off and no funds exchanged hands.

So today July 22, our final leg started. So Jorge arrives and in three hours has installed an entry door (he had help). What really mattered was he chatted with my grandson who shared that his Daddy was dead. (That was unexpected.) Jorge was compassionate and showed empathy to this four year old child. Power hires good people! Enters Brian...quality control. He handled us well because we were actually at another venue with six grandchildren and ran back to the house to meet with him, so we were really, "Hurry up, get this done (This was to him a benefit, otherwise we would talk his leg off!)." What can we say, he was what we expected for a Power representative and Brian did not disappoint. So, if POWER is reading this...can you give us an outstanding deal on gutters?

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: May 29, 2019

The sales people were over-powering but polite and professional. They lean a bit on you to get other things done while pushing the item you were interested in. Wanted a door and they pushed windows and roof. I checked online and found reviews before I decided to go forward. The complaints were about average for work done on one's house. Such as we were supposed to get a foot latch lock for the door but there was not enough room for the latch without causing a problem closing the or opening the door. We were told we would get new molding around the door inside the house. We were given a choice between two different types of molding. The day the door went in I asked about the molding and was told first by the installers that they were told to use the existing molding if they did not damage it in any way.

I brought the question up with the job inspector who told me they never replace the molding. If they did I would have had to go out and buy it and then they would install it. Entirely different from what we were told. I was okay with that because I'd rather put my own molding in. But if you think about using POWER make sure you get it in writing. Before the job starts. They have a procedure for their jobs. They first sell. Then they measure. Then they have a professional come and measure. Then the work is done. Then the support team of one professional inspector comes to check the job and ask if it's okay with us and then activate the warranty. No money changes hands until the work is done. We paid by credit card but you can use check or cash. Get receipts.

Their prices are not the cheapest but they seem to be more sure of what they will do for you than some of the major stores such as Home Depot or Lowe's, etc. Those stores would go no further than an estimate. Both stores said there could be last minute changes and pricing. I didn't like that but they started by giving us a lower price by $200. POWER gave us a set price. No last minute changes.

So if you can put up with the sales pitch you can have a good product installed and reasonable pricing. The work crew by the way cleaned up all the messes they made which were few and removed all they said they. They worked steady and hard from the time they got here till they were done. Nice guys and very professional. They stopped to answer my questions without making faces. Bottom line here is they are a good company and deserve a chance. If they start the sales pitch but you're already sold tell them so and tell them to get to the paperwork. This is what happened and it's my honest opinion.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Very well as far as installation. But meeting with the job inspector was a high pressure sales and scare tactic pitch to sell more windows for the 2nd floor apartment. This was not discussed at the 1st interview. We were told that a window on the 2nd floor was leaking between the seal of the window and would lead to a water leak in the walls if not replaced in the near future. So he concluded that we needed 9 new windows. And if we did that we would get a better price for both jobs combined at a better interest rate. This was on a Wednesday Jan 23rd and he was going to call us on Saturday the 21st for our decision.

Today is Feb 6th and he has not called us at all. We are assuming our interest and payment will be as first quoted. We are not happy for the sales push, we were not expecting that. We were also not pleased that he never called back. We asked him if we could keep the paper he was doing his figuring on for the different payments and he said no so I started to take a picture of it with my phone and he put his hand over the paper so I could not take a picture. (WHY DID HE DO THAT?) We were very satisfied with the work that was performed and the guys were great. We were so happy and then this added sales pitch deflated the whole process.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

We met Power Windows at B.J. They gave us the talk about the windows. When we built the home we are currently in, we could not afford good windows. The salesperson from Power looked at our past windows and pointed out they were not closing correctly, and were drafty and we were losing energy. (Yep, no ** Sherlock.) We installed Casement windows from Power.

The salesperson said the entire window would be removed and the new installed. Well what they did is cut out the old window and installed the new one in the old frame. I'm thinking oh no here we go. The frame around the window grew about 1" all sides. We use to hear the birds in the morning, NOT ANYMORE. The Power windows were about 2" thicker UV protected and safety glass. Talk about quiet, road noise we use to hear we could not. My wife had problems with allergies. This led to med bills for pills and doctor visits. The old windows had a crop of mold (ready for harvest) in the frames. When the new windows were installed all medical bills pertaining to allergies went away. However we do miss the birds in the morning.

We had 33 windows installed two days. I watched the guys do the install and they looked like they knew what they were doing. Everything was foam insulated and screwed in, English was spoken. I've had A LOT OF BAD experiences with contractors in the past, so I'm very paranoid. These guys did better than ok. We also had the side door installed with the blinds inside the window the door. The frame came in the wrong color. The crew leader needed a machine repaired, so I did the repair, and he covered the outside door frame in metal to match the house in every way. I was shocked. I was trying to find a flaw in the work somewhere and it was beyond expectations. The only drawback in the new door is that the door sill is a bit higher.

After less than one year the lever to open the door has broken. The door seals well, with magnetic strip the crew leader made sure that the alarm system was in correct placement. After the install and everything was paid, I needed a callback. I thought I was up the creek. Went to BJ and found the salesperson I first met and explained the situation. Three days later at the door was POWER. The service tech was GREAT. Did the repair that was needed. He spotted something at the newly installed side door and I overheard him say, "That's not right" softly. After a few minutes he went to the truck, fussed about, brought something in and worked on the door. After he was done he asked, "Anything else?" "No," I replied and he provided a good handshake and said, "Thank you for doing business with POWER." "Well" that's a first.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Power Home Remodeling Group?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Wonderful experience from the meeting with sales to saying goodbye to the installer. Can't say enough about them. This company is highly recommended. All questions answered and all along it was explained what was going on. And they clean up as the go-no mess left over. Will use this company again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I received a quote to replace my roof by an employee who was previously a "roofer worker" and now doing sales. Meet in BJ in Wappingers Falls, NY store. Upfront I advised him that this was a one income family and didn't want to be "sold" or "hustle" into purchasing a new roof. He assured me that this was a family owned business that prides themselves with integrity and so forth. Our roof came out to 16k! We didn't want to pay that much but we were told that our roof wouldn't last through this winter so we decided to do the roof but we didn't want to hear any added cost to the already pricey roof.

Sure enough when two inspectors came, they advised me that NYS code requires the wood planks to be 1/2 inch, she proceeded to advise me that it would cost me an additional 4,6k. Add the interest rate this roof would've cost us about 30k!! I said no, the Power employee(s) conferred with an manager who said they would take the 4,6k if we gave them a "good review". Now I know why they have so many "good reviews" on-line. Buyer beware. You will be hustled by Power!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I am excited to share my very positive experience with the purchase and installation of bedroom windows. The first night we had a terrible windstorm. The windows were solid. The rooms were warm. I was impressed. The entire process from first meeting and sales opportunity through financing and installation and final Quality Assurance inspection my needs as the customer was always first priority. There were clear communication throughout the entire process. Schedules were based on my time schedule and kept by Power.

Extensive care was given for clarity around warranty and warranty services to ensure product satisfaction and proper maintenance. I am very satisfied with the entire experience and process. My windows are beautiful and I have no doubt added to the value of my home. I highly recommend Power HRG! Their focus on customer service and in doing the job right and in accordance with current building codes makes them a 5 star company.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Our experience was quick, easily, and painless. Everyone was so nice and knowledgeable. Definitely a great experience! We will definitely recommend services to friends and family. We enjoyed our windows so much we are now having doors and siding installed!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

The job started off with a delay, but once the crew arrived (shortly after a conversation) they completed the job within a short amount of time. The crew were professional and engaged in the assigned task. The end product is exceptional as our children immediately noticed and complimented the work. Very pleased with the product and the installation.

Power Home Remodeling Group expert review by Jonathan Trout

Founded in 1992, Power Home Remodeling is a home remodeling company dedicated to energy efficiency and cost-saving renovations. They focus on using innovative technology and providing specialized help throughout the entire remodeling process to make sure you get the service and home you want.

• Energy efficiency: Your home’s energy efficiency is Power Home’s first priority. With innovative technology, like windows with efficient glass panels, Power Home can help make your home more cost-effective.

• Free estimates: You can get a free estimate from Power Home by giving them a little bit of information about where you live and your home improvement project. They will contact you for specifics and give you a free, no-obligation estimate.

• Warranties: Power Home offers several different warranties for their products, including a lifetime labor warranty for all installations as long as the purchaser lives in that home. Other warranties differ according to the specific remodel you’ve purchased.

• Personal attention: Contractors and installers from Power Home work with you one-on-one to build a personal relationship. You meet with these professionals to figure out how you can make your home the way you want it to be.

• Service areas: Power Home has operating licenses in 17 states. Originally based in the northeastern United States, Power Home has expanded to the Midwest and parts of the South. Check their online coverage list to see if they can work in your state.

• Best for: people who want to remodel their homes to become more energy-efficient.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout