Call toll free
4.55/5
Based on 539 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Chester, PA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Power Home Remodeling provides efficient remodeling solutions to any of your window, roofing, siding, entry door or attic insulation needs. When you work with Power, you are guaranteed a job well done from a team that is responsible and professional. Don’t just take our word for it. Check out our customer reviews and testimonials below and see for yourself!

No matter what the job is, the team at Power Home Remodeling works with you in order to turn your dream home into reality. Visit our website today to learn more or to obtain a free estimate.

Power Home Remodeling Group Video
Power Home Remodeling Group Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

540 Power Home Remodeling Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 12, 2018

We liked the level of materials and available financing through Power Home Home Remodeling Group. We purchased $65,000 worth of windows and three layers of sidings from them. However, I'm a perfectionist and I do a lot of home remodeling myself in my spare time. There were some imperfections and issues that I pointed out that they had to redo. Also, there were things that weren't done as well as I'd like them to be. They did work very expediently and I understand that they have other things set up which they need to keep them on schedule but I think they felt rushed.

One would think that Power Home can spend a little more time to examine some minor details. I can't say I'm 100% happy but Power Home Remodeling did a good job overall and I'm satisfied. The guys who came in and did the gutters were on the money. They knew what they were doing and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We did windows, roofing, gutters, and shutter with Powe Home Remodeling Group.They all acted very professional and were all very polite. The windows are working well and the roof is keeping me dry. I recommend them.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Power Home Remodeling Group was doing a house on the street and their sales representatives came and knocked on our door. They talked to us and gave us a brief of what they do. Then later on in the day, another guy came by and spent two or so hours with us going over the efficiency of the windows and then he gave us an estimate. But it was more money than we expected. Six to eight months later, we got another call from Power saying they can try to reduce the price for us. Someone else came back and we decided then to do only half the house. The installers got in there pretty much on time. They explained all the features to my wife and how to open and how to clean the windows. They looked really nice and everything seems to be performing well.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My wife looked up Power Home online and scheduled a consultation for our roofline. She was a little confused and didn’t realize that they did roofing in the exterior and not the interior so when the sales rep got here, he noticed our windows were older and told my wife. He waited until I got home and then, he did his whole pitch for the window and we went for it. He showed the comparisons of the windows which was great. He was upfront and even though their cost was a little more than Home Depot, he specifically said that if we don’t go with Power Home, the only other company he would recommend is Andersen because they have a similar warranty and products. Window-wise, Andersen is the only name I knew so I would have gone with them if I had not known about Power Home.

During installation, two guys came out, the windows got dropped off and they immediately started. One on the complicated bay window because we didn’t have a bay to begin with and the other guy did the other window with no problem at all. They were quick, efficient and very clean. Then, when the site manager stopped by, he gave me a rundown of the rest of the stuff.

The bay window was a determining factor if I really want to spend the money on changing our flat-scene window to the bay and I’m glad I did because it looks gorgeous. I noticed a difference in our energy efficiency with the heat and AC because literally the minute they left, that house retained the heat in there like we have never felt before. When the windows were done, my daughter’s room didn’t have that excruciating heat that used to build up in her room. She’s got the angled ceilings in her room and now with that one window being done, it’s a world of difference. It also looks nicer and I am 110% satisfied. I have recommended Power Home to two friends and one has contacted them already.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Power Home reps came to our door and gave us a good deal. We were getting a new roof and they gave us the colors that were available. The salespeople were very good and polite, and everything sounded professional. We were very pleased with their presentation. The installers were fantastic too. They did their job and cleaned up well after themselves. We were very happy with their work and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Power Home to anybody looking. They went over everything they were gonna do and we understood everything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Power Home Remodeling Group?

Original review: June 9, 2018

Power Home Remodeling Group did a good job and it was a great experience. Their salespeople were professional and I was impressed with the way they presented. I also like that you didn't have to pay for it in the beginning, only till the end. At that time, I was in the market for gutters, but they went through and got the door and all the windows done. Their installers were nice guys and it was all cleaned up after. And, I paid the whole thing right off. It looks really good and everything seems to be going well. Also, my brothers were here and they loved it. I would definitely recommend Power Home.

Original review: June 8, 2018

When you go on Angie’s List, you get 20 people calling you right away and I had the first three people give me estimates. Power Home had a good deal and the best one on the products and so, I bought a customized big picture window. I also got a quote on the roof and they were $46,000 way off. But the sales team was very knowledgeable, friendly and courteous plus, they did a good job. The installation crew was neat and the window came out good. They put a drop cloth down inside the house and they also cleaned outside. They were very professional and I’d recommend Power Home.

Original review: June 8, 2018

A really nice woman from Power Home knocked on my door and we had a great conversation. Then I had the meeting with one of their sales guys who was very nice as well. The first sales guy was at my house for about two or three hours. We went through the whole process and he demonstrated the strength of the windows. And then while I was getting my first set of windows installed, the second sales guy came. He also was super nice and we ended up getting a second project done for the basement. The two sales guys were great.

For the second project, I asked for the same guys, Walter and his crew, whom I had during the first installation. They moved my furniture out of the way to be able to do the windows, put everything back the way it was, and they cleaned everything up. I remodeled all of my windows and my whole house with Power Home. I had some of the windows on one style and some on another style, and we did two sets of windows. The first set is in the upstairs portion of my house and then the second set is in the downstairs portion. Power Home is great and the loan process is super easy too. You’d be very happy with your new windows when you’re done.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I hired POWER for siding and windows. Since my old gutters had gutter guards, when we were going over the scope of work I asked if we could use the old gutter guards. Salesman told me we could not because the gutters were wider and their gutters would not clog because of the width. He said if they did clog call Power and they would send someone to clean them. Needless to say water pours over my gutters and my husband had to climb ladder to clean gutters.

Today I spoke to Nick ** who basically called me a liar by saying he had no idea what the salesman told me but they would not do anything about this. If I wanted gutter guards I could have them put on. I let him know how upset I was that I was lied to by the company and proceeded to ask for the Owner of the company's name. He refused to give me that information. I then asked to speak to his supervisor and he said he was the manager. I asked him who he reported to and he said no one. Obviously he thought I was a moron.

Here is what I have to say to Nick **... You should lose your job based on your lack of customer service skills! POWER SHAME ON YOU... I was outright lied to. BJ'S I thought because I got this company through your store it would be a company I could trust; you should really rethink having advertising for them! So the bottom line is I spent over $40,000 and my 65 year old husband will have to climb a ladder 3 stories high to clean gutters. Knowing I had gutters and then telling me I would not need them because your product is bigger and better is just WRONG!

Power Home Remodeling response

Gloria - thanks for taking the time to review your experience with Power. We want to apologize for any miscommunications that may have occurred. I have forwarded your concerns to our Warranty Service Agents. They will be in touch to discuss a resolution for your concerns. Our top priority is your satisfaction! Please give us a call at (888) 736-6335, option 4 at the prompt, if you have any further questions or concerns.

Original review: June 7, 2018

The guys from Power Home Remodeling Group came around at the time when I had made up my mind already that I had to find somebody. They did my new roof and I had an excellent experience with them. However, every time they do something, they manage to point out something else that has to be done. After the roofing, they said we had to get the next size up gutters. They should have pointed out the possibility of these things beforehand. Right now, I'm trying to get ready for another work that Power Home is going be doing which is to put aluminum foil barrier in the attic. It's going to rob me of half the space in my attic which I'm not happy about and I'm not thoroughly convinced that it's an absolute necessity. But the mechanism is in the works and I don't have the energy to pull the plug.

When Power Home took some of the underlying plyscore under the foundation of the roof, it dumped all the debris all over everything in my attic. It was an absolute mess. They should have known that was gonna happen and warned me. I could have thrown a few seats over things that I knew would be in the affected areas and it would have been avoided. Nonetheless, I'm happy with Power Home and I would recommend their work to someone else.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Power Home was at a wholesale club and they asked me if I was a homeowner. Afterwards, they came out to my house for windows but I couldn't afford it so we started talking about the roof. We ended up getting a roof done, and it was a great experience with the exception of the quality control people that came out. They were working on my roof, and Jersey City has a very tight space. They had a hard time and the neighbors were pissed off. And towards the end of the job they were really trying to get me to do another project with some windows. I wasn’t on top of my game and they were like, "In order to get you the better interest rate, you gotta commit to at least four windows. Well, I can’t really send the crew out here for two.” But then I had one window done, and they sent the crew out for that.

But I was sleep deprived, running late and I have people who all rely on me, so I ended up canceling that job and now I don’t get the better rate. And that’s confusing to me because if I have good credits, why wouldn’t I get the better rate. The guys were lovely and said several times, “You do what you’re comfortable with. But in order to get this good rate...” So I was being pressured. I’ve been very excited but after I felt really uncomfortable with the pressure and really scared. Other than that, I love Power Home. The idea of financing with no money down and does the work, was great. The workers were great too. They did an excellent job and it wasn’t easy for them given that it’s very tight in Jersey City. And they cleaned up beautifully. I’m very, very satisfied. I've already told people about Power Home and the beautiful job that they did for me that also came with a lifetime guarantee.

Original review: June 5, 2018

A Power Home rep was promoting at BJ's when we were there and he asked us if we needed any work done. The sales team was great and I purchased some roofing. The installation team was very nice and they put a ridge band on the roof. The quality of their work is very good and we're very pleased. I would recommend Power Home.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Power Home Remodeling was doing a house down the street and one of their employees came by and introduced me to the company. She was very friendly and said, "Before we leave the neighborhood, I wanted to give you the opportunity to talk with us." And I was at that time looking to have my roof redone, so the timing was perfect. She then scheduled an appointment to have a salesperson come and talk about the roof. And that went very well. The salesperson explained everything in great depth. He was there for about four hours, looked at my roof in great detail and the eaves. He also looked at the wood in the attic and took pictures. The installation team was also very professional. They worked very diligently and were done ahead of schedule. They totally cleaned everything up and did a great job. It was perfect. So, consequently, I’m having following work done.

Original review: June 4, 2018

The gentleman at BJ's approached us and introduced us to what Power Home Remodeling Group was all about then, my husband made the arrangements. The guy was honest and knew what he was talking about. The installation team was good, fabulous and very professional. They did the roof and I'm gonna have a door installed. They also did the new gutters which I like very much. They're bigger and leaves would not get in. We were having a hard time finding someone to do the proper work and it was getting worse so we were happy with the overall quality of Power Home's work. They did a good job and I'm very satisfied.

Original review: June 3, 2018

The Power Home Remodeling Group sales representative was excellent and he didn’t pressure us. He came to look at our windows and said that they were fine but we could use a door so he showed us what doors they had available. The installation was fine but my husband asked about the lock in the door because there was a play in it. Somebody was supposed to get back to us about that. Other than that, everything else was great. It was expensive but it was good work and I was satisfied.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Power Home Remodeling Group is a very nice company. They have specific people to do the doors and specific people to do the windows. The people are trained individually for a particular installation, which I like. It's very different. We've been using the company for the last two years and they are very professional. They do a great job. I have a lifetime warranty and if we have any problems, we call them and they’re there within a couple of days, sometimes even sooner. We had the front door and the back door redone, and they were beautiful. But for some reason, the back door was squeaking. It was difficult to turn the knob so I called them and they sent somebody out. He was here in two days. He fixed the problem and asked if we needed anything else.

It was the same thing with the windows. We had our front windows redone but when I was washing them, they were hard to open. I called Power and the guy was here in 20 minutes. I found out that he was in the area so he came out. There was just a little piece that slipped and he showed me what to do for the next time. The workmen are very pleasant to have around and if we need help even with something else that doesn’t even have to do with anything, they’re very helpful. They offer to carry things for me.

Original review: June 2, 2018

When Power Home Remodeling Group put the doors and the windows, they were perfect. I almost hesitated to do it because I was getting married so we didn't have the budget for it. But their rep convinced us to do the windows and doors only. And the two installers were awesome. They did what they had to do and they cleaned up after. Then Troy came out to check how the job was done and then he told us to do the gutters. But the guys that did the gutters were unprofessional. They were arguing outside and we never had that problem in the neighborhood. They were also smoking cigarettes and were throwing the cigarette butts in my backyard. Then my two-year-old grandson picked that up and swallowed it. They also scratched my new door in the back and they didn’t pick up the mess. Plus, they had nails in my driveway and I caught a flat in my tire. It was just a bad experience.

Power Home said they were gonna look at it. They came by, but my wife and I weren’t at home. They did clean up but that was the only thing they told me. And then, they found out a few dents on certain spots and supposedly, they did fix it. I’m a lot easier to work with but when it comes to my wife, they are never doing this job again. I’ve been thinking of doing the siding and since this happened, I’ve been thinking twice. We’re paying a lot of money for them doing these stuff and the only thing I got from Power Home is that they are sorry.

Power Home Remodeling response

Marcos - thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Power. We are sorry to hear that you had issues following the installation of your project. Please give us a call at (888 736-6335, option 3 at the prompt, if you have any outstanding issues to be resolved.

Original review: June 1, 2018

We had windows that had been shot by a drive-by BB-gun-wielding high school child. So my wife was aware that we had holes in the windows and she found Power Home Remodeling at Costco, saying that they do windows. They made custom window sizes and the process of selling us the windows was very long and drawn out in order to make sure that our custom expectations were met, which they did. I had a good experience dealing with the sales representative and we actually ended up doing three things with them on a couple of different days. Not only did we do windows, but we did roof and gutters as well. While they were here, everything was great. But there was one small issue that is just annoying. I told them not to knock my keyboard over but they still knocked it over and then they looked at me like, "Oh, sorry." So my keyboard is now slightly damaged.

They had also said that they went around with magnets and picked up metal. But we were covered with snow and now that I've been cleaning up the yard, I'm finding metal all over the place. I've been picking up nails and pieces of metal. They didn't do what they said so I'm not really happy with that. It also looks like they may have broken the siding on our home and neglected to tell us that. I'm quite sure that it's now beyond the period and they would say, "Hey, why didn’t you say that while we were here?" But we couldn't have. We didn't know because of the weather.

On the one hand, the roof, the gutters and the windows are superb. We were really pleased with the work they did even though we spent way more money than we expected. We thought it was a really well done thing but we're really losing that good feeling now. We look at each other and make little frowning faces as we walk around our home now and we attribute that to Power. It would be really good if someone from Power could call us and rectify those issues.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Power Home Remodeling Group visited in my house and then they did the installation of windows. There was one window I had to do but they have replaced the rest, which took about 10 hours. Some of the caulking they used seemed not to have been the right caulking so I had to call them and a guy had to revisit the house to re-caulk the windows. He only took 45 minutes for that. The staff are professional and I'd recommend Power Home Remodeling Group to a friend.

Original review: May 31, 2018

The people from Power Home Remodeling Group were really pleasant and knowledgeable. The people who actually came out to do the work were honest about what they had to do. Instead of saying, “Okay. We gotta do this,” to get the money, they called the company and said which part didn't need to be done. I respect that. They did the roof and it looks good to me. They're gonna come back and do the gutter too.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I purchased windows from Power Home Remodeling. I just picked out the frame color that I wanted and I like the windows. But one thing I did notice is that after they were done with the installation I had like a razor cut on my window, but it's a short one. I was gonna bring it to their attention when they come back out because I wanna get my whole house done. But the scratch didn't bother me.

Everything was perfect. They were real courteous and considerate. When they first came out, I had an accident with my dad. He was in the hospital and I was up all night. So when they did come out and had the phone ringing I didn’t hear anything. When I finally woke up, I called and they had just came back out after they finished their job. Everything turned out alright. I was satisfied with everything.

Original review: May 29, 2018

We needed a window and Pella's pricing was just a bit too much and Andersen didn’t wanna do anything if it was less than six windows. My husband heard about Power Home and set up the appointment with them. Somebody came out and did an estimate for exactly what we wanted to do. He knew what he was talking about, he was very knowledgeable and was able to answer all the questions that my husband had. It was a good interaction but my husband and I make decisions together so he told the rep he couldn’t give a definite decision. The rep scheduled with my husband for me to meet him and go over everything again with me. But then somebody else came instead and I met with that person. His name was Jay and he was really good. He showed us the various options that we can get with the company and the different things that the company did.

The installation team that came was very professional, got things done in a timely manner and they were very conscious of the things we had around the house so nothing was broken. They were good in making sure that my husband looked at everything before they left and my husband was very pleased with it. I’ll definitely recommend Power Home especially after talking with Jay and knowing all those things that they did aside from windows. My husband told one of his coworkers who was interested in doing solar and he gave him the number of Power Home.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 28, 2018

Power sold their service pretty good and for the amount of money that I paid, I expected an A1 job. But I had to call the contractor back to do some more caulking and the box somehow won’t heat up the house. And then they didn’t talk about the interest rate on the loan. They told me my payment would be $150 a month but I’ve come to find out I gotta pay six freakin’ payments of $100 before I even start paying off my loan. That was some crap. We got it all sorted and it’s all right now. But Power is a terrible company and I won’t recommend them to my dog.

Power Home Remodeling response

Abraham - thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Power Home Remodeling. We want to apologize for the miscommunication that occurred in regards to your financing. Please give us a call at (888) 736-6335, option 4 at the prompt, if you have any outstanding concerns or questions we can help you with.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I was a customer of BJ’s Warehouse and a young approached me. I have been approached many times but it was time for me to have work done, so that time I accepted. I had the siding done to the house and I also had the roof and the gutters done. They came on time, did their work, cleaned up after themselves, and left. I didn’t have to do anything but be here. The people at Power Home Remodeling were very fine, courteous, and efficient and my experience with them was very good.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I had one window installed by Power Home Remodeling Group and it was an excellent job. I'm in the business, so I could tell a good job from one that is not.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Power Home Remodeling Group came through the neighborhood. They were working in the area and offered a free appraisal. When they came to show the product, I was sold on the demonstration of it and I liked that they are the manufacturer and the installer. I ended up getting 14 windows, several of the double hung and quite a few of the sliders. We had some bad weather come in. They called and said the truck may get delayed. I’m in the delivery business so I know how that works. They called ahead of time and sure enough it was gonna be delayed. They set up a new day and everybody followed through with what they said they were gonna do and that’s important when you’re dealing with this kind of business. And the installers did a great job. They were clean. I’d prepared for them to make a mess and they did not. The quality of the work was excellent as well. I've already recommended Power Home Remodeling Group to others.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Power Home Remodeling had done some work in the neighborhood and had stopped by. I did some research and found that there were only a couple of window companies that insulate the frames of their windows. It was a great experience dealing with their reps. Their installers were also very professional, thorough, and thoughtful. I'm very happy with the quality of the windows and I would tell people to get a quote from Power Home Remodeling.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I purchased siding from Power Home Remodeling and I was able to customize the colors. The installation was fine, but it was unexpected because it was a subcontractor. It was this family that have their own business, and then I felt bad because I could have just hired this family. The quality of work done was great.

Original review: May 25, 2018

We were looking to remodel our home and Power Home Remodeling had people going door-to-door. Their sales reps were fine and did a good job. The initial meeting to get a quote took a while, about five hours, but then it went well. We purchased windows from them and the installation was quick. They were in and out in a few hours. The quality of the work that was performed was really good.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I had a very good experience with Power Home Remodeling. I’m very happy with the job they’ve done for us in both cases, so we had three projects with them already. It was windows replacement, roof replacement and gutters. We have scheduled to have the siding as well. They are very professional people, very detailed and responsive. It is everything I could dream of, except the price. They are not the cheapest, but that is because they give a lifetime warranty. Still, I would recommend them.

Power Home Remodeling Group expert review by Jonathan Trout

Founded in 1992, Power Home Remodeling is a home remodeling company dedicated to energy efficiency and cost-saving renovations. They focus on using innovative technology and providing specialized help throughout the entire remodeling process to make sure you get the service and home you want.

• Energy efficiency: Your home’s energy efficiency is Power Home’s first priority. With innovative technology, like windows with efficient glass panels, Power Home can help make your home more cost-effective.

• Free estimates: You can get a free estimate from Power Home by giving them a little bit of information about where you live and your home improvement project. They will contact you for specifics and give you a free, no-obligation estimate.

• Warranties: Power Home offers several different warranties for their products, including a lifetime labor warranty for all installations as long as the purchaser lives in that home. Other warranties differ according to the specific remodel you’ve purchased.

• Personal attention: Contractors and installers from Power Home work with you one-on-one to build a personal relationship. You meet with these professionals to figure out how you can make your home the way you want it to be.

• Service areas: Power Home has operating licenses in 17 states. Originally based in the northeastern United States, Power Home has expanded to the Midwest and parts of the South. Check their online coverage list to see if they can work in your state.

• Best for: people who want to remodel their homes to become more energy-efficient.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout