Power Home Remodeling
4.35/5

Looking for a home improvement contractor?

Power Home Remodeling

Chester, PA

Power Home Remodeling provides efficient remodeling solutions to any of your window, roofing, siding, entry door or attic insulation needs. When you work with Power, you are guaranteed a job well done from a team that is responsible and professional. Don’t just take our word for it. Check out our customer reviews and testimonials below and see for yourself!

No matter what the job is, the team at Power Home Remodeling works with you in order to turn your dream home into reality. Visit our website today to learn more or to obtain a free estimate.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

559 Power Home Remodeling Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Everyone was very professional and friendly. They did a really good job and clean up. I was concerned because they are more expensive but I can see why. The materials and the employees are exceptional. I liked what they did on my house so well I am going to have them do my garage.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

So I get a "call me back" from an online marketing website that I showed interest in a roof quote. They say they won't come out for a quote unless my significant other is present. She has no legal interest in the home. I own it by myself. How crazy is this. Forget having just an assistant or representative to show the home to get an estimate. I mean you should be able to walk around the house, take some measurements and discuss everything else on the phone. Very disappointed. I just hung up the phone.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I’m going to try and keep this short. First guy came and did a great presentation and we were sold. Hours after he left I couldn’t help but feel the price he gave us was really high. The next morning I did my research and the price was very high. I called customer service and canceled the job. They said, "No problem. We just have to send a guy to your house so you can sign off on the cancelation."

The following night guy shows up. Says he just had to ask some questions and it won’t take much time at all. He was here for almost three hours. He came at us from every angle. A job that was originally quoted at roughly $7500 he dropped the price twice and final number was $5600. He would not leave. I was making it clear we were not interested and he kept trying. I truly think he would have stayed until we signed. I eventually had to say it’s time to go. The sales tactics are offensively pushy. I feel horrible for the poor fools that sign up with these modern day crooks. Disgusted about the whole experience. I booked the window job tonight with another local, family owned company and it was $1900!!! I have seen these guys work and it’s great. Please do your research and don’t even bother with this company. It’s all a ripoff!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Nice presentation, look like good quality windows but price was triple other quotes. Superviser call back was very pushy. Then I got a letter about getting credit offers. I specifically told them I would not be doing any financing. Had to go to opt-out com to prevent getting multiple credit offers and inquiries on TransUnion and others. Stay away.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

There are a handful of reasons actually and they range from the very first point of contact all the way through to the end of the project. The first real concern being the buy-now sales tactics. Giving someone a 5-digit quote for a project and asking them to sign off on it then and there is ridiculous - discount or not. People need time to think an investment like that over. Furthermore, the way the salesperson (as well as the district manager) described the nature of services being provided was not true. These reps hyped up the crews and the tools that they were going to use for the project to a standard that was not met in actuality. Don't get me wrong, the crew who did the job did good work and were competent, but they were nowhere near the level of professional that the sales reps claimed they would be. We were told that the crew doing the work would be on site at dawn. That did not happen on day 1 or day 2.

When I called the project manager to see what was going on he never called me back. When the crew did arrive there were only two of them for a roof we were told was over 2x the size of the average roof. There was no one on the ground walking around cleaning up like we were told there would be either (which was a huge selling point for us since we have small dogs). When the first work day was coming to an end and I went out there to see what the plan was I couldn't even communicate with them. They did not speak English at all, and I don't mean English was their second or third language even. No, I mean they didn't even understand me saying "OK."

Again, I want to be very clear this is nothing against the crew. They're doing the job that Power hired them to do, but apparently speaking to the customer is not a job requirement to work for Power Home. That is absolutely unacceptable for the "number one roofing company in the country" to at the very least not have someone that can tell the homeowner what is going on onsite. Am I really supposed to believe that their salespeople weren't aware of the language barriers when selling this service? That is something that should be disclosed to a potential buyer in the first few minutes of talking.

Now, last but definitely not least, on the last day of the project the crew did show up at sunrise, but around noon time the crew's family (wife and children including a toddler) showed up and set up a table in my yard for lunch. Honestly, I don't even mind that they had people bringing them hot food. I actually thought that was pretty nice to be honest, but the issue here is that the family never left. They stayed for the rest of the day and actually helped them finish (picking up scraps, raking the driveway/yard, and other tasks). Are those people licensed? Are those children part of the 2% or whatever it is Power claims to hire for roofing projects? Are they covered by Power's insurance because if anything was to happen who would be on the hook for that? Me? This, more than anything else stated above is beyond unacceptable.

We were promised an experience that Power did not deliver on. The video we watched showing what they offer showed a whole team of guys working on the roof together with half in the air and the other on the ground with a huge magnet device pulling up loose nails. Our guys had rakes (not even a broom for the driveway) and although they supposedly did have a magnet it looked nothing like the one in the video. Power hypes up their services by showing video of guys working with tools that the customers are never going to see. Power pulled a bait and switch. A classic example really. They showed us one thing but we got something else. In the end our roof was done and from what I can tell it was done well, but we weren't just sold a roof. We were sold an experience which was not provided.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Power Home Remodeling Group?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

The guys that did the work on my house were exceptional. The staff that came out to the house were very informative. I see a lot of people complaining about the amount of time spent explaining the job and materials but remember an educated consumer is a smart consumer. I actually liked the fact that they take the time to inform you. Any issues I had were all taken care of professionally and in a timely manner. The materials used are top of the line and look great. I would like to thank everyone involved in this project very much.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

The salesman came promptly at 7PM as requested. But what I thought would be a 60-90 minute appointment lasted 4 HOURS! After doing his exterior assessment of our home, he came in for Part 1 of the sales pitch. He was definitely thorough and kept to the company script. But it's a very, very long script. Next he wanted to see both my attics, taking photos and pointing out "major issues" with my roof. That led to the detailed review of all the products and installation that would be used to solve my problem. The price was outrageously astronomical, even with a 10% BJ’s discount! Then the real warning signs!

If I signed NOW, he would offer an additional 11% off. RED FLAG! I politely thanked the salesman for the visit and told him his company's sales tactics are suspicious. The next day, I spoke to a friend who is a contractor about the "major issues" with my roof that the Power salesman pointed out. He told me they were all false, the salesman was lying! Be very, very careful if you decide to engage with Power Home Remodeling!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Almost nothing the salesperson said was true. You will not be able to contact him to confront him about his lies. Our job was nearly $48,000. At this point we just want the front of the house fixed where the siding is buckled as and needs to be one sheet and not pieces. Employees are not theirs, they all handed us their business cards for other work. The big crew that was suppose to show up with a guy to pick up nails with a magnet never happened. No supervision on the job site ever. The caulking looked like a child did it. I have pictures.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

High pressure to make an appointment. A time was set with the understanding that I was not interested in their services. They failed to show up at the appointed time and since that time have made two phone calls every day that I declined to accept. I would never consider any business that uses high pressure tactics to get any type of job.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Our home has ancient windows and we have wanted to get a quote for replacements so that we can save up and plan for a remodel. I don't doubt that Power sells wonderful, quality windows and other home remodeling services. They really WERE beautiful windows! My complaint is that the salesman stayed in our home for 3.5 hours and plugged along with his measuring, demonstration, and sales pitch regardless of what our family needed. Once he started the script he couldn't stop. He kept trying to rope me back into his pitch as I fed my baby and preschooler dinner. I left my husband alone with him while I bathed my kids, read them stories, put them to bed and he still was not done. We joked it was a hostage situation but we just wanted a quote and we were hours in to the process.

After 3 hours we got the quote which was almost $20,000 for our 1,600 sq ft house. Clearly, we aren't about to go from starting a budget for a remodel to spending 2x what we expected on the first bid we received. That's when the salesman went into car sales room mode at our kitchen table, offering deals if we signed today, offering to call his manager to see if he could get a better deal for us, etc. After telling him repeatedly that we were never going to spend that kind of money on windows, he packed up and agreed to disagree with us, promising to contact us later about the quote. Please, don't bother!

The salesman Power sent was courteous on the surface but perhaps the rudest thing you can do is refuse to leave someone's home and keep them from caring for their children and spending time with their family. I looked up other reviews and this is standard for this company! There are people who spend 5 or 6 hours trying to get these people out of their homes. You have to ask yourself what is wrong with a company whose standard sales pitch takes 3+ hours and who offers some of the most expensive remodeling services in our market. I'm going to go with someone local who is too busy running a business to spend hours planted in my kitchen. And won't be pressured into spending $20,000 on the Cadillac of windows. If they come to my door again I will never let them in my home.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

We had a very good experience from start to finish. Sales are resent Atika was outstanding, very knowledgeable, very helpful. Everyone we dealt with from start to finish was a breath of fresh air. Installers kept me up to date on a daily basis and the job was done quickly and effectively.

Original review: July 24, 2018

We had Power windows do a replacement of a number of windows in our home, the original salesman was extremely pushy. Was at our home for over 4 hours! When they came to install the windows they changed the install date once and then their arrival 3 times. I was not satisfied with the way one window was installed (I am a carpenter so I am aware of proper installation) and contacted the company regarding this.

The quality control manager came out and when we talked about these issues he approached us with a lower interest rate and added two additional windows at no further cost to us (supposedly). Other windows were installed and when we received our new bill... $10,000 more added to our original cost! When my wife attempted to contact the company and request to speak to the quality manager, we are being told, "Someone will get back to you about this." Almost two weeks and no one has attempted to contact us, such a switch and bait routine. I wouldn't use them, beware!

Original review: June 26, 2018

Someone that worked for Power Home Remodeling talked to me about the company and how they arranged everything to be done, and because I had several projects to be done in the same house, I used them. We did the roof, the siding, the windows, and some of the doors. The reps were very knowledgeable and they had a very nice presentation and all of these audio-visual that we were able to look at and have an idea of how things were going to turn around and how they're gonna be looking.

The installation team was also very professional. They cleaned the place and when they said that they were going to start, they started. The quality of work done was good and I like it. The siding ended up to be done well too. The first time that we did the siding, there was some area that was not covered properly. This time, everything was covered. Power Home Remodeling is a good concept and it's a good project. Even for the financial, they communicated with me. I was very satisfied.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Power Home did a demonstration for me, and I purchased regular sliding windows and a door from them. Their salesperson did a very good job. He came in and set up everything for me. The installation guys were good. They never gave me a hard time and they did everything I wanted. My neighbors asked me about Power Home, and I told them that compared to Andersen, Power Home's price is a little bit more reasonable.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Power Home Remodeling Group offers good customer service and a good product. A rep came to my door and the presentation that he did was really good. With all the options that I had, it took less time. They let me pick how I wanted the style of the roof and what features. Their agenda was to make sure your area looks like they were never there and they did a good job with that. It was good quality work. My new roof came in handy ‘cause of all this rain we keep getting.

Original review: June 17, 2018

We had a window replacement done by Power Home. We were able to customize it a little bit. It was a very particular set of particularly sized windows on an old house, and choosing what we needed and how we paid it went smoothly. Power Home's sales team was friendly. My wife and them were able to talk a bit about what the possibilities were, and I heard they were good. The only thing is they pressured her to talk with me about it before making any agreements even though her name is on the deed, and she talked about it and felt it was a little sexist. Other than that, the installation was quick and I appreciated that, and the work done was great. The windows work perfectly for our needs, which is being able to see through them and close them. All in all, Power Home was easy to work with.

Original review: June 16, 2018

We had Power Homes do the siding. Working with their sales guy was upfront good and he sold us on this amazing product. But we did not receive what we were sold. The sales guy told me that I had a seamless house and that the material was the best material around. A team of people would come with all the Power Home Remodeling trucks and that in two to three days, they'll be done. I asked him if they subcontract out and he said no but they do. I wanted to go with somebody who actually owns the business and does not sub out the work. He also said they'd go around with magnets six times and around the house 4 feet away from the foundation but they didn't do that. I'm still finding nails and metal.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My wife told me about Power Home and since they talked to us first, we chose them for roof services. Their sales guy seemed to know what he was talking about. He looked like a professional unlike a lot of people I've seen in the past. He handled himself well and did a good job. The work came out good and I'm happy with it.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Power Home showed up on time and I liked their salesperson. He ended up being fair. I had siding replaced as well as the attic insulation installed, and I'm going back the second time with Power Home. My experience with their sales team was excellent and they were very thorough. Too much time was spent, though. But the installation experience was fantastic, too. And I like the quality of the work done.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We liked the level of materials and available financing through Power Home Home Remodeling Group. We purchased $65,000 worth of windows and three layers of sidings from them. However, I'm a perfectionist and I do a lot of home remodeling myself in my spare time. There were some imperfections and issues that I pointed out that they had to redo. Also, there were things that weren't done as well as I'd like them to be. They did work very expediently and I understand that they have other things set up which they need to keep them on schedule but I think they felt rushed.

One would think that Power Home can spend a little more time to examine some minor details. I can't say I'm 100% happy but Power Home Remodeling did a good job overall and I'm satisfied. The guys who came in and did the gutters were on the money. They knew what they were doing and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We did windows, roofing, gutters, and shutter with Powe Home Remodeling Group.They all acted very professional and were all very polite. The windows are working well and the roof is keeping me dry. I recommend them.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Power Home Remodeling Group was doing a house on the street and their sales representatives came and knocked on our door. They talked to us and gave us a brief overview of what they do. Then later on in the day, another guy came by and spent two or so hours with us going over how the energy efficiency works and then he gave us an estimate. But it was more money to go fix that thing. Six to eight months later, we got another call from Power saying they could try to reduce the price for us. Someone else came back and we decided then to do only half the house. The installers got in there pretty much on time. They explained all the features to my wife and how to open and how to clean the windows. They looked really nice and everything seems to be performing well.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My wife looked up Power Home online and scheduled a consultation for our roofline. She was a little confused and didn’t realize that they did roofing in the exterior and not the interior so when the sales rep got here, he noticed our windows were older and told my wife. He waited until I got home and then, he did his whole pitch for the window and we went for it. He showed the comparisons of the windows which was great. He was upfront and even though their cost was a little more than Home Depot, he specifically said that if we don’t go with Power Home, the only other company he would recommend is Andersen because they have a similar warranty and products. Window-wise, Andersen is the only name I knew so I would have gone with them if I had not known about Power Home.

During installation, two guys came out, the windows got dropped off and they immediately started. One on the complicated bay window because we didn’t have a bay to begin with and the other guy did the other window with no problem at all. They were quick, efficient and very clean. Then, when the site manager stopped by, he gave me a rundown of the rest of the stuff.

The bay window was a determining factor if I really want to spend the money on changing our flat-scene window to the bay and I’m glad I did because it looks gorgeous. I noticed a difference in our energy efficiency with the heat and AC because literally the minute they left, that house retained the heat in there like we have never felt before. When the windows were done, my daughter’s room didn’t have that excruciating heat that used to build up in her room. She’s got the angled ceilings in her room and now with that one window being done, it’s a world of difference. It also looks nicer and I am 110% satisfied. I have recommended Power Home to two friends and one has contacted them already.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Power Home reps came to our door and gave us a good deal. We were getting a new roof and they gave us the colors that were available. The salespeople were very good and polite, and everything sounded professional. We were very pleased with their presentation. The installers were fantastic too. They did their job and cleaned up well after themselves. We were very happy with their work and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Power Home to anybody looking. They went over everything they were gonna do and we understood everything.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Power Home Remodeling Group did a good job and it was a great experience. Their salespeople were professional and I was impressed with the way they presented. I also like that you didn't have to pay for it in the beginning, only till the end. At that time, I was in the market for gutters, but they went through and got the door and all the windows done. Their installers were nice guys and it was all cleaned up after. And, I paid the whole thing right off. It looks really good and everything seems to be going well. Also, my brothers were here and they loved it. I would definitely recommend Power Home.

Original review: June 8, 2018

When you go on Angie’s List, you get 20 people calling you right away and I had the first three people give me estimates. Power Home had a good deal and the best one on the products and so, I bought a customized big picture window. I also got a quote on the roof and they were $46,000 way off. But the sales team was very knowledgeable, friendly and courteous plus, they did a good job. The installation crew was neat and the window came out good. They put a drop cloth down inside the house and they also cleaned outside. They were very professional and I’d recommend Power Home.

Original review: June 8, 2018

A really nice woman from Power Home knocked on my door and we had a great conversation. Then I had the meeting with one of their sales guys who was very nice as well. The first sales guy was at my house for about two or three hours. We went through the whole process and he demonstrated the strength of the windows. And then while I was getting my first set of windows installed, the second sales guy came. He also was super nice and we ended up getting a second project done for the basement. The two sales guys were great.

For the second project, I asked for the same guys, Walter and his crew, whom I had during the first installation. They moved my furniture out of the way to be able to do the windows, put everything back the way it was, and they cleaned everything up. I remodeled all of my windows and my whole house with Power Home. I had some of the windows on one style and some on another style, and we did two sets of windows. The first set is in the upstairs portion of my house and then the second set is in the downstairs portion. Power Home is great and the loan process is super easy too. You’d be very happy with your new windows when you’re done.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I hired POWER for siding and windows. Since my old gutters had gutter guards, when we were going over the scope of work I asked if we could use the old gutter guards. Salesman told me we could not because the gutters were wider and their gutters would not clog because of the width. He said if they did clog call Power and they would send someone to clean them. Needless to say water pours over my gutters and my husband had to climb ladder to clean gutters.

Today I spoke to Nick ** who basically called me a liar by saying he had no idea what the salesman told me but they would not do anything about this. If I wanted gutter guards I could have them put on. I let him know how upset I was that I was lied to by the company and proceeded to ask for the Owner of the company's name. He refused to give me that information. I then asked to speak to his supervisor and he said he was the manager. I asked him who he reported to and he said no one. Obviously he thought I was a moron.

Here is what I have to say to Nick **... You should lose your job based on your lack of customer service skills! POWER SHAME ON YOU... I was outright lied to. BJ'S I thought because I got this company through your store it would be a company I could trust; you should really rethink having advertising for them! So the bottom line is I spent over $40,000 and my 65 year old husband will have to climb a ladder 3 stories high to clean gutters. Knowing I had gutters and then telling me I would not need them because your product is bigger and better is just WRONG!

Power Home Remodeling response

Gloria - thanks for taking the time to review your experience with Power. We want to apologize for any miscommunications that may have occurred. I have forwarded your concerns to our Warranty Service Agents. They will be in touch to discuss a resolution for your concerns. Our top priority is your satisfaction! Please give us a call at (888) 736-6335, option 4 at the prompt, if you have any further questions or concerns.

Original review: June 7, 2018

The guys from Power Home Remodeling Group came around at the time when I had made up my mind already that I had to find somebody. They did my new roof and I had an excellent experience with them. However, every time they do something, they manage to point out something else that has to be done. After the roofing, they said we had to get the next size up gutters. They should have pointed out the possibility of these things beforehand. Right now, I'm trying to get ready for another work that Power Home is going be doing which is to put aluminum foil barrier in the attic. It's going to rob me of half the space in my attic which I'm not happy about and I'm not thoroughly convinced that it's an absolute necessity. But the mechanism is in the works and I don't have the energy to pull the plug.

When Power Home took some of the underlying plyscore under the foundation of the roof, it dumped all the debris all over everything in my attic. It was an absolute mess. They should have known that was gonna happen and warned me. I could have thrown a few seats over things that I knew would be in the affected areas and it would have been avoided. Nonetheless, I'm happy with Power Home and I would recommend their work to someone else.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Power Home was at a wholesale club and they asked me if I was a homeowner. Afterwards, they came out to my house for windows but I couldn't afford it so we started talking about the roof. We ended up getting a roof done, and it was a great experience with the exception of the quality control people that came out. They were working on my roof, and Jersey City has a very tight space. They had a hard time and the neighbors were pissed off. And towards the end of the job they were really trying to get me to do another project with some windows. I wasn’t on top of my game and they were like, "In order to get you the better interest rate, you gotta commit to at least four windows. Well, I can’t really send the crew out here for two.” But then I had one window done, and they sent the crew out for that.

But I was sleep deprived, running late and I have people who all rely on me, so I ended up canceling that job and now I don’t get the better rate. And that’s confusing to me because if I have good credits, why wouldn’t I get the better rate. The guys were lovely and said several times, “You do what you’re comfortable with. But in order to get this good rate...” So I was being pressured. I’ve been very excited but after I felt really uncomfortable with the pressure and really scared. Other than that, I love Power Home. The idea of financing with no money down and does the work, was great. The workers were great too. They did an excellent job and it wasn’t easy for them given that it’s very tight in Jersey City. And they cleaned up beautifully. I’m very, very satisfied. I've already told people about Power Home and the beautiful job that they did for me that also came with a lifetime guarantee.

Power Home Remodeling Group expert review by Jonathan Trout

Founded in 1992, Power Home Remodeling is a home remodeling company dedicated to energy efficiency and cost-saving renovations. They focus on using innovative technology and providing specialized help throughout the entire remodeling process to make sure you get the service and home you want.

• Energy efficiency: Your home’s energy efficiency is Power Home’s first priority. With innovative technology, like windows with efficient glass panels, Power Home can help make your home more cost-effective.

• Free estimates: You can get a free estimate from Power Home by giving them a little bit of information about where you live and your home improvement project. They will contact you for specifics and give you a free, no-obligation estimate.

• Warranties: Power Home offers several different warranties for their products, including a lifetime labor warranty for all installations as long as the purchaser lives in that home. Other warranties differ according to the specific remodel you’ve purchased.

• Personal attention: Contractors and installers from Power Home work with you one-on-one to build a personal relationship. You meet with these professionals to figure out how you can make your home the way you want it to be.

• Service areas: Power Home has operating licenses in 17 states. Originally based in the northeastern United States, Power Home has expanded to the Midwest and parts of the South. Check their online coverage list to see if they can work in your state.

• Best for: people who want to remodel their homes to become more energy-efficient.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout