toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I first purchased the attic insulation. I was just in the attic with the installers from Suddenlink and the temperature is the same as outside, which has never happened before. It's one of the things that the salesperson from Power Home told me. The radiant barrier that they put is definitely working a hundred percent. Next, I purchased the fascia and soffit. I had a little bit of an issue with it and I had left a message to my contact person but I haven't heard back yet.

The part of an existing fascia is rotting and Power Home had to replace some of the boards and put them back together. When they installed the aluminum fascia, they slid it up under the existing strip that goes under the shingles and turns down over the fascia. They had to un-nail the trim from the roof to replace it and put new fascia boards on before they put the aluminum. But when they nailed the trim piece back on, it seems to be on top of the shingles. When I lifted that up, it tore the shingle's first layer underneath. So therefore, when they nailed the piece of trim, when it rains the water is able to get behind the flashing and go inside and leak through the soffit.

I just wanted to talk to somebody or maybe have someone come out and look at it and give me some ideas of what can be done because it's probably going to take five years or so before I start noticing anything. I don't know if it's something the installers did or was existing that maybe someone should have caught before they covered it all up. But the installers did good work. They got interrupted by the hurricane that came through but they were back promptly the following Monday and finished up. Next Wednesday, Power Home is coming out to put gutters and I'm also planning on having my roof redone. I haven't been in contact with any contractors who are home rebuilders before that used the communication skills and the know-how that I've seen with Power Home.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went to a home show and felt like Power Home Remodeling Group was a good company to go with. When we invited their sales representative to our house, he was on time. He got there at about 5:30 and he didn’t seem to want to leave. We were told it would be an hour to an hour and a half interaction and only at 10:15 did we able to make him leave. While we find him courteous, he kept following me and my fiancé that we never really had a chance to talk in private. He wouldn't leave and so we agreed to do the roof and we felt afterward that the price he gave us was extremely high.

We did a little investigation and found that we could get it for less. So we decided to cancel and mailed off our cancellation letter. Somebody called us back and said that a representative has to come to our house to officially cancel it. I said it wasn’t what the letter said. I told them that the letter says we can cancel it so long as we meet their deadline. They insisted to have somebody come back. So the same representative who had initially gone to our house was the one who came back. He said that cancellations are bad for the company. In the end, we still went with Power at a re-negotiated price.

The installation team showed up and put a roof on our house. They were able to customize the color of our roof the way we wanted. They did the job but there were a few problems. Noticeable was the foreman who was not around. So I spoke to him on the phone and told him about a few spots on the roof that were very raised up. The installers went back up on the roof and they tried to re-adjust some of the roof shingles but they only got them flatter. The installers packed up their stuff and left, and while the roof is still raised up right around the edges, everything seems fine right now.

Overall, I would still recommend Power. The gentlemen who installed the roof did an excellent work. They were very quick. It took them two and a half hours to take everything off and put the roof on. They were courteous too even when they didn’t speak much English. What I would not recommend is the 5-hour visit. We get up very early in the morning. And for the sales rep to stay until 10:15 was quite bothersome. We also missed our dinner. It doesn’t help when we have already sent the paper off saying that we wish to cancel and have someone tell us that cancellation would be very bad for the company. We told the sales rep that it’s our prerogative to change our mind. While we ended up re-negotiating the price, it wasn’t a very happy experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were in the market for some new windows and we liked what Power Home Remodeling Group had to offer. We set up an appointment and they came. The sales rep was very patient, explanatory, and wonderful. He took his time and was not pushy. We were also impressed when one of the reps came back to see how the project was going and we ended up finishing off the rest of the windows, which will be installed at the end of October. We had a total of 16 windows and the installation team was absolutely wonderful. They're very professional, helpful with the finances, and easy to deal, and I’d recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Power Home Remodeling Group at an event in Baltimore and after speaking to one of their reps, I suddenly went ahead and tried them. They came to do the windows the way I wanted them. Unfortunately, they don't do doors that way because I needed it different from the standard door. I have the door spaced out because I use digital locks and not standard locks. I have to change the setup because of the way how those are longer, so I got to put in for that part. That stuff was done to my specifications. I also would have liked the door to be silver. The installers were hardworking and cleaned up after themselves. The only thing was they left one of their power tools behind. The rep and the tech who came here to initially look at the stuff were both very good. I recommend them overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Power Home Remodeling Group's marketing was god-awful. I went through long talks about all the products and it was torture, but effective enough that I did business with them. However, the work was excellent and I’m very pleased with the whole process. The workers and the managers were great too. They did a great job effectively and efficiently.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife did all the appointments with Power Home Remodeling and she liked the lifetime guarantee on the windows. I got to talk to them for a while, and they treated me very well. I'm very happy with the work done and I would recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Power Home Remodeling Group?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am tired of patches and I wanted to be relieved of the concern about how long these patches are going to last. The problems that were detected had to deal with the weather in Chicago. So I wanted my roof replaced and we had Power Home Remodeling Group looking to do this for some time. We knew them through Angie’s List and with them having local offices sealed it for us. Bryan came out as the result of indicating we wanted to get an idea what they could do and how they could do the roof replacement. He was so thorough in that initial visit and was consistent with the information that he shared and provided. He then transferred everything to a different individual in order that they could get right on what we were doing.

Power was actually ready to come and do the work within three days of that conversation. And for me, that was overwhelming since I have some things on deck to do for my mom. So I asked if we can do it on the following week. They switched to the subsequent week and then everything went just beautifully according to schedule. They started with a pre-project inspection because the lumber on which the roof would be placed was decayed or rotten. They need to make certain that since it was a roof replacement, there weren't any disasters that were going to occur.

And they had checked on that before they even started the work. I liked that. As a retired school superintendent who is accustomed to the devils found in detail, I know that things can look good on the surface but if they aren't clear enough properly, then they don't go as you expect. Work began and Power removed and replaced the roof. They also installed new soffit and fascia, as well as new gutters. They also did the downspout too. The different crews that came to work on different aspects, worked in compliment with one another.

They arrived clean, which tells something about how they feel about their trade. It may be dirty work, but arriving clean says something about how they want to project themselves to the people with a home they are getting the work done. And they were neat, they didn't leave clutter around. I enjoyed having them here because they produced the work they promised. That was really important to me. And the whole thing took two days, which is like a dream come true because my last home project went on for more than a month and I got sick and tired of seeing work at my house.

Since they completed the work, I tell friends that they removed and replaced the roof in a day and they were astounded. I’ve been sharing this information so that they would consider them for doing their work. Overall, I just can't say enough about the way Power has delegated responsibilities within the company. They are so well-organized. The people are expert in terms of what their responsibilities are but they are also linked and connected to other individuals and their responsibilities so that everything is always working very smoothly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Power Home Remodeling Group did an in-depth demonstration and explanation of the actual materials that would be used. Plus their price was not too far off from the estimates that we've received either so we purchased roofing from them and customized the color to black. The salesperson was very accommodating and provide really good service. However the first installation team stopped in the middle of the work and left so the project manager on the actual job had to recruit another installation team. It took take a day but they were still on target for the actual completion date and they were accommodating. For the inconvenience I was given a dinner certificate too. The work looks good and I'm very satisfied. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There was a sales rep from Power Home Remodeling Group who was surveying the area and he came by and knocked on the door. He was very professional, very friendly and very easy to talk to. It just felt like a conversation and I didn't feel like I was sitting there getting lectured. I had met with other companies as well but it seemed that Power Home Remodeling Group was the most knowledgeable and the most prepared.

I got my gutters done the first time I dealt with them. About three weeks ago, I got my roof done. And then next week, I'm getting a window repaired. I was able to customize my orders. The installation team that came by was very good, very quick and efficient. The clean up was awesome too. When I had the construction crew, they kept me informed of what's going on and what the next step was. If they had any questions, Power Home was quick to help respond. The quality of the work done was very good. It was a good experience overall. My roof is really awesome. The ventilation installed at the top is super neat. It's great that Power Home Remodeling Group is utilizing new technology that's going to be most beneficial for us in the future. The company is professional and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Someone from Power Home Remodeling Group came by my door and they explained everything to me. They had a good deal and it was wonderful. I got the bay window first and it’s beautiful. Everybody loved it. Now, there’s another plan going. I got my two kitchen windows and they're going to come out and do the fifth. I also have the two in the front and they're going to do those too. So when they get another promotion, I’d probably get the rest.

I also talked to the installation team and they were very friendly. I could understand the Hispanic guys a little bit because I speak a little bit, but they also spoke English so we communicated really good. We had a good conversation about the windows and things in general. They were just beautiful people and they were all awesome. They did a beautiful job too and I had a great experience with Power Home Remodeling Group.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband and I had talked about replacing the windows on the house, and someone knocked on the door and talked to me about Power Home Remodeling Group. He sold us the product and told us how it would work and about the good quality of everything. My husband really liked the product and he was so impressed that he decided to go for it even before he found out how much it would cost. I was apprehensive and I said they would be back but my husband knows when he sees something of good quality so I left it in his hands. We made the decision right there on the spot and we felt comfortable. We didn't feel like we were being pushed into anything.

We also had a gutter issue and the homeowners' association had also written me a letter regarding replacing the little fascia boards, which were rotten, in the front of the house. My husband is disabled and all of that was on me. I needed help and I told the Power rep if he could help me on that and he worked those out. I told people about it and they can't believe what Power did. I was so happy.

So far it's been great. They've contacted me often and kept me abreast of everything that was going on and what they were doing. I was even impressed because they called me and did everything to see if we were okay and if we needed anything so they've done a great job. Plus, they left me a little paper and I ended up calling for the warranty and they gave us a thumbs-up on that. I was happy to know that we got all our warranty on it.

Kevin came up with his crew and they did a good job on the gutters. They showed up on time, did the work and cleaned up. We were very satisfied. The color is good and it looks good too. We and our family like it. We were supposed to get the windows last week, but they're gonna do them this Sunday, into the hurricane so I thought that was good. In summary, everything is working out good and I'm happy they stopped by. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Power Home Remodeling responded to our RSVP. They had a better presentation than other companies and I was impressed with their sales team member. He was great and very thorough in his pre-examination. We purchased a roof from them. It was a complete rip and replace and the installers did well. The only problem was I never saw the site manager on site when he was supposed to be there. Everything went pretty smooth though. Overall, Power Home Remodeling kept their word and I didn’t feel like I was double talked. Also, I feel great with the quality of my roof. All my neighbors are looking at it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband was sitting on the porch and a guy from Power Home Remodeling Group walked up to him. The guy was going door to door, he knew that we needed windows, and he talked to my husband about it. They were the first one who approached us and we liked Joe's demonstration when he came out the next day for it. Dean came out after him and set up an appointment. The installers came out on the 29th of last month and put all 12 windows and two doors in one day. They were professional and courteous, and knew what they were doing. We're very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had some new windows put in by Power Home Remodeling Group. Their sales team was very good and their installation team did a good job. Overall, I’m satisfied and everything was all right.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Power Home came to our house and when they gave us a demonstration, they appeared to have a good product. We got windows from them and their sales team was fine though they took a little long sometimes. Their installation team was also excellent. They got in, did their work, were very tidy and left when it was done. But when the quality control guy came the day after the windows were installed, he assured us that he was going to email us the warranty but we never received it. Other than that, it was a good experience and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Power Home Remodeling has been very good. I had them do my windows a few years ago, and they also did the gutters. I got what I wanted in terms of customizing my orders. The sales team was all good, professional and polite. They explained everything well. The installation team was also fine and cleaned everything up when they’re done. I've recommended them and I’ll probably use them again in the future for something else.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The frontal part of my building is a little chilly and I’m hoping that I'll get an improvement on that. A gentleman from Power Home Remodeling Group demonstrated their product and we purchased windows from them. From what I’ve seen the installation team do, I'm wondering if I'm going to get any improvement. I'm going to have to wait until the weather changes and see what happens. However, I have to call them back in because when I open the bottom sash, it goes up then down but the top sash comes down with it. So you have to fold it up and then lock it in. And that's not good. Overall, our experience was not bad at all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had windows and roofing done by Power Home Remodeling Group. We picked out six windows that would replace the others. The installation went well and the windows turned out good. We just got the roofing done and I’m sure it’ll be okay. Overall, Power Home was pleasant and helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I felt good about what the door-to-door salesman said so I was interested in going forward and learning more about the Power Home. Erin, the sales rep, was fantastic. She did an outstanding job with the presentation and with all of the other information that she gave me. By the end of it, I was convinced that there was no better place to go. I purchased windows and I chose the sliders and then the double hung. I also customized the size and the style.

On the day the installers were gonna show up, they called and changed their time instead of the morning to the afternoon. But they kept in contact with me and called three times. During installation, they were quiet and efficient. They did everything they needed to do and when they left, everything was cleaned up and taken away. The windows looked fantastic. I love the way it looks from the outside, especially with the capping. I'm very happy with the product and the installation and Power Home is a very good company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We hired Power Home Remodeling Group five years ago to do the windows in my house and recently, they did the roof in the house. The warranties that they offered were unmatched by other contractors in the area. In fact, I wasn't able to get the guarantee that they offered me on the roof shingles from others in the area. I spoke with Mike and Michael, and they were great. Also, their installation team was very professional. When the job was finished, they walked me over what they did and asked if I had any concerns. The materials and the workmanship were excellent and unmatched by others. They'll do the right thing for you and you can't go wrong with them. I would hire them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Anthony from Power Home Remodeling Group was pretty good and gave a convincing presentation. I liked what I saw so I went with it. I bought a bay window for my living room and I ordered it with the features that I wanted. The installation team came, did their thing and left. Everything was organized so it was really good. The quality of work was nice too. One of their guys went over with me what he had done. The job started sometime in June and the process from the salesman all the way to the window installation took a month and a half. That was sort of reasonable because they've told me they have to go and build it and order it in. It was a job well done on the whole.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales guy was a very nice person and very clean. They explained everything that we need to know and explained it very well. Also the guy that came over to install the window was really nice and perfect. I'm very satisfied with Power Home.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I sought out estimates from several companies before I made a decision. And I liked Power Home's windows and I made that choice. The new windows we got were what we wanted and we were very pleased with the work. It has our home looking beautiful. When we are ready to do the other half, we'll seek out Power Home. It was a very good experience from the beginning to the end. I would recommend them to anyone that needed them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Power Home Remodeling Group has a lifetime warranty and that attracted me to go with them. I bought a basic replacement window and the salesperson was very good. He explained everything so I had no questions when he was done. Charlie, the installer, was also great. He saw one of the pieces was dented so he arranged to get it all fixed. He was also very clean and thorough. And quality-wise I love their product and I’m very happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There was a neighborhood canvasser from Power Home Remodeling Group going door-to-door and they asked me if I’m looking at energy efficient window installation. We haven’t done any serious shopping around for financial reasons. But we also knew that we had several windows that we had to replace. And so I figured it would at least be a good idea to get information about how much that might cost us so that we can start planning for it. My wife and I were impressed with the sales presentation and its affordability, and this guy’s been very reasonable for the quality of product that we’re getting, so we went with it. The installers did a good job when they installed the four windows. We’re happy with them and we really like them.

Our next door neighbor decided to take a look at the Power Home windows. They had already gotten a quote for attic installation but they hadn’t thought about windows. They were looking at Andersen which is another company but I encouraged them to take a look at ours because we’re thrilled with them. There was a sales guy that met with them and then they came over. The sales guy picked up on a little bit of caulking around the windows that needed to be done. So, he called somebody from Power and arranged for them to go back and make sure that we’re sealed up tight. Other than that, it was a good and positive experience for us all the way around.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When Power Home Remodeling came and explained what kind of job they were going to do, I liked it and I hired them. Their sales team members were very good and very helpful. I purchased a window and a front door. They sent two guys to install the window in the garage, as well as the little window they put on the door, which was customized to our satisfaction. It took them four hours to install everything but they did it the right way and at the right time. They were clean and neat too. Overall, I really liked the kind of jobs they did and the materials they used, and I look forward in the future to do business with them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Power Home's pricing was better for what they offered. Also, the service and the customer service representatives that we dealt with were wonderful. We purchased new windows and a new front door and we got to pick everything including the handle as well as the colors that we wanted. We had two of their sales reps come out and they were awesome and thorough. They went over all of our questions. They stayed at our house for about 10 hours that day. We're very thankful that they were here that long because they didn't understand the issues that we were having until the sun started moving to the front of the house. Our house was built in '73 and so we had the regular aluminum windows. They were able to use their heat gun on our front door and it was 186 degrees. We went through every window and they pointed out some windows that were leaking that we didn't even notice.

The installation team had to take the windows out so we didn't have windows until they put one in. We live in Texas which is extremely hot this time of the year and as they put the new window in, we could immediately feel a difference. It's awesome. The team was very professional and friendly. They went over everything with us and cleaned up great. We're still astonished on how quickly they got it done and how well they did. They could have finished it in one day but three of our windows didn't come in. They had to come the next day and finish those three windows.

The project manager that we talked to on the phone was great. I also had to call customer service a few times and they were so helpful. We have no regrets. It was the first time we've ever done something that big and I'm so thankful that we picked Power Home because we were nervous about it and they put us at ease and did everything great. Everything went smoothly. We've already recommended them to someone. It's the best decision we could make for the house.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Power Home Remodeling Group was marketing throughout the neighborhood and they came to our house. The salesperson who did the home estimate was well-knowledgeable about the products, so we went with them and purchased windows and a door. Their installation team answered our questions and were fast and timely. They showed up within the window of installation and they were out by three or four hours which was nice. We had a problem with one of the windows that rotted out, so they showed me what was rotted out and what was still good, and I appreciated that because I wasn’t sure how it was going to be when they took the windows out. They did a wonderful job and we had plenty of comments and compliments on our front door. We love it. Power Home was great and we would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Power Home came to my front door and my wife wanted a new window, so it was good timing. We ordered a different style than we currently had and the cost was a little high, but the quality was okay. Their installation team was really good and they were quick and they knocked it out in one day. They even cleaned up after themselves and I was happy. They were very good overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Power Home reps walked by the street and they seemed to have a great quality product. Their sales team treated us very nicely, and they were wonderful, very patient and listened very well. They were also very understanding and approachable. They worked with us on the budget and offered everything, but they still understood that they had to work with our limits, which was good. We bought siding and doors and we customized the front and back and picked the colors. The installers were great and their quality of work was good. They left everything very clean and it was fantastic. Power Home is doing a fantastic job and I'm very satisfied. Overall, I had an excellent experience and we would use them again in the future. We’d recommend them to anybody that’s remodeling.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We used Power Home Remodeling for our siding several years ago. My husband was still alive then and it was him who made the decision. We found them through BJ’s. I was going through BJ's recently and Carl asked me if I have anything else to do in my house. I told him that I’d like the roof to be done. He then offered to give me a free estimate which I considered after getting two estimates from other people.

So they came and tore the whole roof down because they had to put some new plywood underneath. Then they put a ridge vent the whole way across. I got to choose the shingles I wanted and added the leaf guard which Carl recommended. The installation team was very good. They came in a couple of times and asked if I wanted to see what they were doing. I would then go out and take a look. They were here for an awfully long time and they didn’t leave until close to 7:00 at night.

The sales team was great too. When they first came with the price, I told them I can't afford it. They came back and offered another price which I accepted. And then, I made the misfortune of telling my financial adviser about it and he told me I couldn't afford it. So, I called and canceled. They came back to talk about the cancellation and they were able to get it down to $13,000, which I took. Everybody else was offering me $10,000 and theirs was more but they would give me a warranty that the others won't.

Overall, I was very impressed with Power Home Remodeling. They were very good when they did the siding and the roofing. I like the quality of it. They say what they're going to do and clean up after themselves. While they are a little more expensive than others, it's a peace of mind for me. I would definitely recommend them.

Power Home Remodeling Group Company Profile