Protect What Matters Most

Power Home Remodeling
3.99/5

Power Home Remodeling

Chester, PA

Power Home Remodeling provides efficient remodeling solutions to any of your window, roofing, siding, entry door or attic insulation needs. When you work with Power, you are guaranteed a job well done from a team that is responsible and professional. Don’t just take our word for it. Check out our customer reviews and testimonials below and see for yourself!

No matter what the job is, the team at Power Home Remodeling works with you in order to turn your dream home into reality. Visit our website today to learn more or to obtain a free estimate.

View More View More

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

734 Power Home Remodeling Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 22, 2019

Today was a day of final satisfaction. Roughly two months ago Power came into our lives. So, entered two young men who were articulate, logical, enjoyable to talk with, and understood us. Took two hours at the most. We signed (seemed like forever--wish they would get some sort of stylus to write with, it is awkward using your fingers) for a new roof, new entry door and new siding on each side of entry because of water damage. Said installation would be a few weeks.

Two or three days later our roof was being installed. Not a lot of interaction between us because what do I know about roofing; they did their job, we signed off on that section of our project only and no funds exchanged hands. We found a few nails, a couple spots that the shingle was not trimmed, and a couple missed cleanup. We called, they responded, we were satisfied. Additional note, we did pick up a nail in our truck tire: upon full completion of project we mentioned it to the quality review person AND!!!! Wait for it--they will cover the cost of the repair which was a new tire. I'm impressed. Maybe a week later the siding and wood was repaired. We signed off and no funds exchanged hands.

So today July 22, our final leg started. So Jorge arrives and in three hours has installed an entry door (he had help). What really mattered was he chatted with my grandson who shared that his Daddy was dead. (That was unexpected.) Jorge was compassionate and showed empathy to this four year old child. Power hires good people! Enters Brian...quality control. He handled us well because we were actually at another venue with six grandchildren and ran back to the house to meet with him, so we were really, "Hurry up, get this done (This was to him a benefit, otherwise we would talk his leg off!)." What can we say, he was what we expected for a Power representative and Brian did not disappoint. So, if POWER is reading this...can you give us an outstanding deal on gutters?

Original review: May 29, 2019

The sales people were over-powering but polite and professional. They lean a bit on you to get other things done while pushing the item you were interested in. Wanted a door and they pushed windows and roof. I checked online and found reviews before I decided to go forward. The complaints were about average for work done on one's house. Such as we were supposed to get a foot latch lock for the door but there was not enough room for the latch without causing a problem closing the or opening the door. We were told we would get new molding around the door inside the house. We were given a choice between two different types of molding. The day the door went in I asked about the molding and was told first by the installers that they were told to use the existing molding if they did not damage it in any way.

I brought the question up with the job inspector who told me they never replace the molding. If they did I would have had to go out and buy it and then they would install it. Entirely different from what we were told. I was okay with that because I'd rather put my own molding in. But if you think about using POWER make sure you get it in writing. Before the job starts. They have a procedure for their jobs. They first sell. Then they measure. Then they have a professional come and measure. Then the work is done. Then the support team of one professional inspector comes to check the job and ask if it's okay with us and then activate the warranty. No money changes hands until the work is done. We paid by credit card but you can use check or cash. Get receipts.

Their prices are not the cheapest but they seem to be more sure of what they will do for you than some of the major stores such as Home Depot or Lowe's, etc. Those stores would go no further than an estimate. Both stores said there could be last minute changes and pricing. I didn't like that but they started by giving us a lower price by $200. POWER gave us a set price. No last minute changes.

So if you can put up with the sales pitch you can have a good product installed and reasonable pricing. The work crew by the way cleaned up all the messes they made which were few and removed all they said they. They worked steady and hard from the time they got here till they were done. Nice guys and very professional. They stopped to answer my questions without making faces. Bottom line here is they are a good company and deserve a chance. If they start the sales pitch but you're already sold tell them so and tell them to get to the paperwork. This is what happened and it's my honest opinion.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I had an excellent experience with Power Home Remodeling from the start of the project to the end. The project was replacement of aluminum siding on my house. I was apprehensive about replacing the siding on my house due to unusual items such as: Partial stone accent on the front of the house that was directly connected to the existing siding. Back deck that had been installed after the original siding. Multiple cable runs and cable accesses into the house. Front, side and backlights. Other items attached to the house such as gutter downspouts, vents, power meter, electrical outlets and air conditioning power box.

The sales consultant, Will, explained each step and answered all the questions I had. I wrote down questions for the pre-installation walkthrough. Steven answered all the questions and even provided additional information. The installation crew was professional, cleaned up after the installation, and did an excellent job. They were on time and very courteous. The Quality Assurance Manager, Mike visited the next day and we did a final inspection of the entire house. The installation was completed in one (1) long day, every area and item was completed and all of the above mentioned unusual items was professionally installed and completed. The quality of the product and workmanship of the installers was excellent. I am extremely pleased with the services of this company and would recommend this company.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Very well as far as installation. But meeting with the job inspector was a high pressure sales and scare tactic pitch to sell more windows for the 2nd floor apartment. This was not discussed at the 1st interview. We were told that a window on the 2nd floor was leaking between the seal of the window and would lead to a water leak in the walls if not replaced in the near future. So he concluded that we needed 9 new windows. And if we did that we would get a better price for both jobs combined at a better interest rate. This was on a Wednesday Jan 23rd and he was going to call us on Saturday the 21st for our decision.

Today is Feb 6th and he has not called us at all. We are assuming our interest and payment will be as first quoted. We are not happy for the sales push, we were not expecting that. We were also not pleased that he never called back. We asked him if we could keep the paper he was doing his figuring on for the different payments and he said no so I started to take a picture of it with my phone and he put his hand over the paper so I could not take a picture. (WHY DID HE DO THAT?) We were very satisfied with the work that was performed and the guys were great. We were so happy and then this added sales pitch deflated the whole process.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

We met Power Windows at B.J. They gave us the talk about the windows. When we built the home we are currently in, we could not afford good windows. The salesperson from Power looked at our past windows and pointed out they were not closing correctly, and were drafty and we were losing energy. (Yep, no ** Sherlock.) We installed Casement windows from Power.

The salesperson said the entire window would be removed and the new installed. Well what they did is cut out the old window and installed the new one in the old frame. I'm thinking oh no here we go. The frame around the window grew about 1" all sides. We use to hear the birds in the morning, NOT ANYMORE. The Power windows were about 2" thicker UV protected and safety glass. Talk about quiet, road noise we use to hear we could not. My wife had problems with allergies. This led to med bills for pills and doctor visits. The old windows had a crop of mold (ready for harvest) in the frames. When the new windows were installed all medical bills pertaining to allergies went away. However we do miss the birds in the morning.

We had 33 windows installed two days. I watched the guys do the install and they looked like they knew what they were doing. Everything was foam insulated and screwed in, English was spoken. I've had A LOT OF BAD experiences with contractors in the past, so I'm very paranoid. These guys did better than ok. We also had the side door installed with the blinds inside the window the door. The frame came in the wrong color. The crew leader needed a machine repaired, so I did the repair, and he covered the outside door frame in metal to match the house in every way. I was shocked. I was trying to find a flaw in the work somewhere and it was beyond expectations. The only drawback in the new door is that the door sill is a bit higher.

After less than one year the lever to open the door has broken. The door seals well, with magnetic strip the crew leader made sure that the alarm system was in correct placement. After the install and everything was paid, I needed a callback. I thought I was up the creek. Went to BJ and found the salesperson I first met and explained the situation. Three days later at the door was POWER. The service tech was GREAT. Did the repair that was needed. He spotted something at the newly installed side door and I overheard him say, "That's not right" softly. After a few minutes he went to the truck, fussed about, brought something in and worked on the door. After he was done he asked, "Anything else?" "No," I replied and he provided a good handshake and said, "Thank you for doing business with POWER." "Well" that's a first.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Power Home Remodeling Group?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

The two gentlemen that arrive at my house to replace three of my widows arrive promptly as promised. It didn’t take them a long time replacing the windows. So far, they did a great job. They are friendly and knowledgeable and supportive when it came to asking them questions. They did a great job so far. Thanks, Power.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

The supervisor Alberto and his crew spent three full days roofing a complex gable-type roof on a Tudor home. Their attitude was that they were roofing their own homes. Very professional and quality of installation exceptionally good.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Planning my day for installation time and they showed up 6 1/2 hours late! Rushed through the job and left the wall around my new window a mess. It needed repairs that they didn't have the material to fix it. Called management and they never got back in touch with me. I'm disgusted with the whole experience and the window is not much to talk about!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

The installers were professional in every way. The project foreman immediately introduced himself and his coworkers upon arrival. He also advised approximately how long the installation would take. They welcomed and answered all of our questions and even cleaned as they worked. Once installation was completed, the project manager followed up to confirm our satisfaction. From the salesperson to the installers and project manager follow up, we received professional and polite service.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

From start to finish I really did appreciate the staff. After the crew finished installation he called his manager to make sure I was satisfied. I thought that was good customer service. They were very helpful in helping me pick out the Windows that would really give my home good curb appeal. I love the Windows and the value.

Power Home Remodeling Group expert review by Jonathan Trout

Founded in 1992, Power Home Remodeling is a home remodeling company dedicated to energy efficiency and cost-saving renovations. They focus on using innovative technology and providing specialized help throughout the entire remodeling process to make sure you get the service and home you want.

• Energy efficiency: Your home’s energy efficiency is Power Home’s first priority. With innovative technology, like windows with efficient glass panels, Power Home can help make your home more cost-effective.

• Free estimates: You can get a free estimate from Power Home by giving them a little bit of information about where you live and your home improvement project. They will contact you for specifics and give you a free, no-obligation estimate.

• Warranties: Power Home offers several different warranties for their products, including a lifetime labor warranty for all installations as long as the purchaser lives in that home. Other warranties differ according to the specific remodel you’ve purchased.

• Personal attention: Contractors and installers from Power Home work with you one-on-one to build a personal relationship. You meet with these professionals to figure out how you can make your home the way you want it to be.

• Service areas: Power Home has operating licenses in 17 states. Originally based in the northeastern United States, Power Home has expanded to the Midwest and parts of the South. Check their online coverage list to see if they can work in your state.

• Best for: people who want to remodel their homes to become more energy-efficient.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout