Power Home Remodeling
4.18/5

Looking for a home improvement contractor?

Power Home Remodeling

Chester, PA

Power Home Remodeling provides efficient remodeling solutions to any of your window, roofing, siding, entry door or attic insulation needs. When you work with Power, you are guaranteed a job well done from a team that is responsible and professional. Don’t just take our word for it. Check out our customer reviews and testimonials below and see for yourself!

No matter what the job is, the team at Power Home Remodeling works with you in order to turn your dream home into reality. Visit our website today to learn more or to obtain a free estimate.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

581 Power Home Remodeling Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Power sales rep came around knocking on doors asking to set up a time for a free estimate. I agreed, and was asked no less than 20 questions about owning the home. After the 3rd time of being interrogated (by the sales rep/scheduler/schedule confirmation caller) I was frustrated. Jeff, schedule confirmation caller, then asked me to confirm my CREDIT SCORE in order to show up for the estimate for the work. I declined to respond and sat waiting for the estimate providers to show up. When they did not show up I was told my appointment was not confirmed due to declining to answer their questions. It's no problem, I am glad I avoided doing business with them.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

These guys are the worst. They are scam artists of the highest degree. They started my siding job in August. It is still not complete. And here we are in February. I have no lights on the back of my house three of them. And one side spotlight was never installed. None of the crew speak or understand English. So you can't communicate with them. If you call someone from the company so you can speak to somebody in English you may not get a callback.

They took insulation out of one wall where I had a leak. I asked them if they would replace it or did I need to get some. They said they would take care of it with hand signals. They buried a live wire in the wall behind the siding with nothing on the end of the wires. Lucky for me where the wire was was also where the insulation was supposed to be reinstalled. When I looked in the wall there was no insulation. They leave the worksite a mess. They don't know how to clean anything. They take as many shortcuts as they can. They never replace any wood as they were supposed to before they wrapped it. They come and go when they please with no notice.

When you complain corporate says, "You should have been told. We're sorry." My driveway got ruined when they dropped off the supplies in July. I was told that would be taken care of right away. It's still has not been addressed. Most of the siding that they put up from the first crew all had to come down cause they did such a terrible job. The first crew that did the original install came out a few times to fix issues that I was not happy with. They left and said all done. I was still not happy with the job. Had the supervisor's supervisor come out. Went over the site with him. He was not happy.

They sent a new crew out after firing the first crew. They finally got the job done right but still haven't finished. Still need my lights installed. Lucky for me I have installed siding before so I know what things should look like that the average homeowner may not look for. I had let the company know that I have installed siding. I let the crew know that I have installed siding and I would be very critical.

Do not under any circumstances hire this company. They told us once the gutters were installed we had to sign off on the gutter installation as that was a separate crew. We were happy with the gutters my wife signed saying that the job was completed to her satisfaction IE meaning the gutters. Next thing I know I'm getting billed for a job that was far from complete. I will be getting a lawyer and suing. They are thieves. BJ's will send you a survey. I gave them all zeros. Never heard back from BJ's. Please do not hire this company. They are the worst. I have my construction supervisor's license and have done Construction as well as siding. Too old to do it now though according to my wife. Run away from this company and just keep going.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Just had new windows installed and could NOT be happier! The windows were installed just in time for the deep freeze that hit the Midwest, and we not only stayed warm... it was warmer than last winter! The people were amazing to work with and did a tremendous job. Everyone was friendly, professional and did superb work! Already have Power planned for our next home upgrade to redo the soffits on the house!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I had new windows installed a few weeks ago from Power Home Remodeling & couldn’t be more satisfied. In addition to great quality windows, the process has been seamless & the company has been an absolute pleasure to work with. I will definitely plan to consult them for any future home remodeling needs!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

The salesman said I would not see seams in the siding as their boards are longer than most. I see several seams just looking out my front door. The board are 12" like every other company. They did the job around a snow storm. The day they started it was not snowing. The next day it was so they did not come. The third day they finished the job. As a result of the snow they could not clean up. After the snow melted I had nails and parts of stuff in my driveway and throughout my yard. They ended up coming back to clean up. When they came they had 4 men so they each took a side of the house. As a result, each side was only partially finished when they left for the day. All of the old siding had been removed and the house was wrapped, but each side was only partially completed.

I had scheduled for two gable vents. They ended up putting them both on the same end of the house. They are coming back to correct this. When the quality person came, throughout our time, his wife kept sending him pictures of their child, which he kept looking at. Also, part way through, he excused himself to go outside and take a phone call. When he returned I found out it was a personal call about dining room chairs his wife wants. My house looks good but I feel the salesman should have better knowledge of his product. The work crew could have communicated with me so error like the vent would not have happened. Certainly the quality person should not be taking personal calls or texts from his wife while on a call. I would not recommend this company to anyone. I wish I had done more research before hiring them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Power Home Remodeling Group?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

No pressure sales tactics were employed. The sales presentation was educational. My biggest issue was that I could not afford to get all my windows replaced. That would not be the company's fault. I had to delay the installation because of time conflicts which they easily changed. Come Installation Day three men came by 8:30 in the morning and completed 11 windows, with cleanup by 2:15 PM. I will gladly recommend Power Replacement Windows to whoever requested.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

We had our roof, gutters and windows installed by Power and I must say they were professional and did a great job. It's not one or two guys working. They bring many guys to get the jobs done fast. They're not cheap but you pay for what you get as they say. The only thing negative which is why I didn't give it 5 stars is the cleanup job could be better. I found several screws and nails around the yard each time after they left. One wound up in my tire that couldn't be fixed and ended up costing me over $400 because I needed to get 2 new tires! In addition, I had to help the guy fit everything in the dumpster or he wouldn't take it away! We would recommend them but watch the cleanup.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The crew arrived early in the morning, even though the temps were close to zero. It's like a choreography, everyone knows what to do. As suggested, one day! It was late and dark, but the roof was done, everything cleaned up, not one nail left anywhere... As I said, just great!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My family met with a Power Sales Representative who walked us through the entire process of getting windows installed. A date was set. I called to postpone the installation process because of a medical procedure and Power accommodated me - very helpful for our family situation. The Installation Team showed up on time and began work immediately after introducing themselves. It has been especially cold where we live and the offer was made to set up a warm room for me which was nice. I needed a little help getting the final prep done for installation which they promptly did.

Out went the old metal frame windows and in went the new composite material windows. I watched the team work for a few minutes and it was interesting to see how much insulation was in the walls. The entire job took about 6 hours. The Installation Manager came and reviewed how the windows work and we examined the installation job done. It was great. Two things I noticed after the job was done. The first was the quiet from the outside - a noticeable difference. The second and most important - the house started to get warmer. We were using plug in heaters because our furnace was broken. What a difference great windows make! Thanks Power Team!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Very well as far as installation. But meeting with the job inspector was a high pressure sales and scare tactic pitch to sell more windows for the 2nd floor apartment. This was not discussed at the 1st interview. We were told that a window on the 2nd floor was leaking between the seal of the window and would lead to a water leak in the walls if not replaced in the near future. So he concluded that we needed 9 new windows. And if we did that we would get a better price for both jobs combined at a better interest rate. This was on a Wednesday Jan 23rd and he was going to call us on Saturday the 21st for our decision.

Today is Feb 6th and he has not called us at all. We are assuming our interest and payment will be as first quoted. We are not happy for the sales push, we were not expecting that. We were also not pleased that he never called back. We asked him if we could keep the paper he was doing his figuring on for the different payments and he said no so I started to take a picture of it with my phone and he put his hand over the paper so I could not take a picture. (WHY DID HE DO THAT?) We were very satisfied with the work that was performed and the guys were great. We were so happy and then this added sales pitch deflated the whole process.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

They were amazing and well to work with. They did my windows and I'm waiting to finish my door but the experience so far is wonderful. Everyone is friendly and explains everything so I was able to understand what was going on and what was going to happen. Was affordable as well.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

As a first time home buyer, getting quality work can be tricky. Especially when you do not know exactly where to turn. I have used HomeAdvisor and other sites and programs to help find contractors but it was always a risk. During my first Power Home interview I felt comfortable to have the employee walked me through every single detail and question I had. I even did some real time search results while we were speaking and yes they were a bit higher than normal. I felt more comfortable paying the extra to ensure that the work was great. And I can safely say it has been.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

In most cases the installers are just starting out and don't have adequate experience in installing the product. In other cases, because of the low bids, the installers cut every corner they can. I have had two homes done by Power (package deal), with different sets of installers. In both cases installers didn't provide the proper flashing for the rain gutters. They also did not cut openings or remove the plywood to ventilate the soffits, despite installing ventilated soffit covers over the plywood.

On one of my homes they damaged the roof when I asked for flashing to be installed, because the installer used the wrong material. Also, an opening in the side of the soffit allowed birds to inhabit the soffit. When I complained to Power they sent out an appraiser who acknowledged the roof damage, but decided it wasn't economically feasible for them to fix it. They denied they were responsible for creating the opening that allowed birds into the soffit. The siding was done relatively well, which is why two stars instead of one. You can save money by getting an reputable installer and asking them to use the top of the line materials that are available commercially to anyone. Cut out the middleman.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

From the sales rep, to the job site mngr, to the crew, the service was outstanding! In an era of 'do it online', Power Home Remodeling took customer service back to what it should be. They verbally communicated with us during all phases of the project asking me, the consumer questions and making sure that I was comfortable with everything that was going on. The work crew was phenomenal! They were very respectful and thorough. At the end of each workday the house and yard area was cleaned up and inspected two or three times by the crew to make sure there was no trash. Our only concern was the amount of product waste. Even though the house had been measured and re-measured to reduce the cost and waste, there was still quite a bit of product waste. Overall we have 100% satisfaction with Power Home Remodeling.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Power was in our neighborhood installing windows and new roofs. I made an appointment for a sales rep to give us a presentation on their windows. We happened to need new windows and were very impressed with the product. We ordered 5 windows and they were installed a week ago. I was very impressed by the skill and professionalism of the employees from the presentation to the person that took the measurements to the installers. We love our windows. No more drafts. It is easy to clean the outside while standing in the house. Can't wait to order 4 more!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

The installers from Power replaced 4 large windows in my porch, which had become very drafty the past few years. It was a very cold day and they thoughtfully placed plastic up to block most of the cold air coming in while they worked. The windows look great and no more drafts. They were done in less time than I thought and cleaned everything up efficiently. During the follow-up visit, we actually ordered the other 18 windows in the house to be done.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

The roof repair started great. After job was completed I found a couple small details that weren't up to the standard for the price paid. Also, some siding got cracked. They came out and took care of roof, the siding is a bit more tricky due to age and color match; they are currently working to make it right. I will say they have been great about making right the issues I found. The windows all went as promised, I could not be happier.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Power installed new windows in our home. They are wonderful! I no longer feel drafts coming through. Power was quick and very efficient, and they cleaned everything up afterwards. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

They did begin earlier than slated [5 days? ]... However, we were told 1-2 days when we signed up. They said 3-4 days on phone when they called to come. It then took 8 days. They were MESSY. Nails and paint chips/wood chips everywhere! The did not speak English but Russian? Could not communicate with them. By days 6-8 it was only one person.

They borrowed our ladder and went into our garage and borrowed our cables for their broken down truck without permission [which we would have granted]. They left our porch roof littered with nails etc when the job was "done". They tried to get me to sign job was done before it was [sign language]. "Manager" came out to inspect work before we signed off. He was visibly unimpressed. Took pictures of the mess and windows. They did our bay window so poorly he agreed they had to redo the entire window. He also agreed all the windows weren't sealed properly and needed to be fixed. We went over all the above issues too. They came back the next Monday/Tuesday and fixed the windows. Forgot to clean the roof and surrounding areas. Had to come back out again to clean up after we reached back out to them.

What did they offer us for all our troubles? If we did our basement windows with them we would get [a $4,000 job] 20% off THAT job. So, we would have to pay them MORE money to get $900 off THAT job. And this was before they came back twice to FINISH the current job. So, we didn't even have a completed job yet. Which was a $14,000 price tag. I asked about discounting the current job as why would we hire them again? I was told there was nothing they could do. We are in the 2% of dissatisfied customer base. We have written to them too. Oh...and then we got an email thanking us for giving them a 5 star rating!!??

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

We met Power Windows at B.J. They gave us the talk about the windows. When we built the home we are currently in, we could not afford good windows. The salesperson from Power looked at our past windows and pointed out they were not closing correctly, and were drafty and we were losing energy. (Yep, no ** Sherlock.) We installed Casement windows from Power.

The salesperson said the entire window would be removed and the new installed. Well what they did is cut out the old window and installed the new one in the old frame. I'm thinking oh no here we go. The frame around the window grew about 1" all sides. We use to hear the birds in the morning, NOT ANYMORE. The Power windows were about 2" thicker UV protected and safety glass. Talk about quiet, road noise we use to hear we could not. My wife had problems with allergies. This led to med bills for pills and doctor visits. The old windows had a crop of mold (ready for harvest) in the frames. When the new windows were installed all medical bills pertaining to allergies went away. However we do miss the birds in the morning.

We had 33 windows installed two days. I watched the guys do the install and they looked like they knew what they were doing. Everything was foam insulated and screwed in, English was spoken. I've had A LOT OF BAD experiences with contractors in the past, so I'm very paranoid. These guys did better than ok. We also had the side door installed with the blinds inside the window the door. The frame came in the wrong color. The crew leader needed a machine repaired, so I did the repair, and he covered the outside door frame in metal to match the house in every way. I was shocked. I was trying to find a flaw in the work somewhere and it was beyond expectations. The only drawback in the new door is that the door sill is a bit higher.

After less than one year the lever to open the door has broken. The door seals well, with magnetic strip the crew leader made sure that the alarm system was in correct placement. After the install and everything was paid, I needed a callback. I thought I was up the creek. Went to BJ and found the salesperson I first met and explained the situation. Three days later at the door was POWER. The service tech was GREAT. Did the repair that was needed. He spotted something at the newly installed side door and I overheard him say, "That's not right" softly. After a few minutes he went to the truck, fussed about, brought something in and worked on the door. After he was done he asked, "Anything else?" "No," I replied and he provided a good handshake and said, "Thank you for doing business with POWER." "Well" that's a first.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

After reading numerous bad reviews I was at the verge of canceling the roofing contract. I agree with several of the comments about the long sales process and the HUGE price tag compared to other vendors. We chose to proceed because we wanted to do it right once and for all. The sales guy was very thorough and every other individual from the sales to installation process demonstrated a level of professionalism I have not seen in a while. I appreciated the various touch-points and communication along the way to ensure the process went well.

The actual installation was smooth and well executed, although it took an extra day, as the roof is quite large. For 3 days the workers came early in the morning and left after dark. In addition to the roof, they replaced 4 skylights. They were pleasant, respectful and available to answer questions the whole time. They made sure to thoroughly clean up all around the yard before leaving. I was quite impressed! Power Home Remodeling will be replacing the gutters, fascia, boards, trim, etc. all around the house in January 2019. We expect this install to go well. So far so good.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Power installed 10 windows in 7 hours, including removal of the old windows and cleanup on December 7. The house remained warm throughout. The installer was courteous and several officers of the company dropped in as well. We were well-informed about each step of the process. The windows look awesome and have removed the draftiness of our home.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Everyone was very professional and friendly. They did a really good job and clean up. I was concerned because they are more expensive but I can see why. The materials and the employees are exceptional. I liked what they did on my house so well I am going to have them do my garage.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

So I get a "call me back" from an online marketing website that I showed interest in a roof quote. They say they won't come out for a quote unless my significant other is present. She has no legal interest in the home. I own it by myself. How crazy is this. Forget having just an assistant or representative to show the home to get an estimate. I mean you should be able to walk around the house, take some measurements and discuss everything else on the phone. Very disappointed. I just hung up the phone.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I’m going to try and keep this short. First guy came and did a great presentation and we were sold. Hours after he left I couldn’t help but feel the price he gave us was really high. The next morning I did my research and the price was very high. I called customer service and canceled the job. They said, "No problem. We just have to send a guy to your house so you can sign off on the cancelation."

The following night guy shows up. Says he just had to ask some questions and it won’t take much time at all. He was here for almost three hours. He came at us from every angle. A job that was originally quoted at roughly $7500 he dropped the price twice and final number was $5600. He would not leave. I was making it clear we were not interested and he kept trying. I truly think he would have stayed until we signed. I eventually had to say it’s time to go. The sales tactics are offensively pushy. I feel horrible for the poor fools that sign up with these modern day crooks. Disgusted about the whole experience. I booked the window job tonight with another local, family owned company and it was $1900!!! I have seen these guys work and it’s great. Please do your research and don’t even bother with this company. It’s all a ripoff!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Nice presentation, look like good quality windows but price was triple other quotes. Superviser call back was very pushy. Then I got a letter about getting credit offers. I specifically told them I would not be doing any financing. Had to go to opt-out com to prevent getting multiple credit offers and inquiries on TransUnion and others. Stay away.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

There are a handful of reasons actually and they range from the very first point of contact all the way through to the end of the project. The first real concern being the buy-now sales tactics. Giving someone a 5-digit quote for a project and asking them to sign off on it then and there is ridiculous - discount or not. People need time to think an investment like that over. Furthermore, the way the salesperson (as well as the district manager) described the nature of services being provided was not true. These reps hyped up the crews and the tools that they were going to use for the project to a standard that was not met in actuality. Don't get me wrong, the crew who did the job did good work and were competent, but they were nowhere near the level of professional that the sales reps claimed they would be. We were told that the crew doing the work would be on site at dawn. That did not happen on day 1 or day 2.

When I called the project manager to see what was going on he never called me back. When the crew did arrive there were only two of them for a roof we were told was over 2x the size of the average roof. There was no one on the ground walking around cleaning up like we were told there would be either (which was a huge selling point for us since we have small dogs). When the first work day was coming to an end and I went out there to see what the plan was I couldn't even communicate with them. They did not speak English at all, and I don't mean English was their second or third language even. No, I mean they didn't even understand me saying "OK."

Again, I want to be very clear this is nothing against the crew. They're doing the job that Power hired them to do, but apparently speaking to the customer is not a job requirement to work for Power Home. That is absolutely unacceptable for the "number one roofing company in the country" to at the very least not have someone that can tell the homeowner what is going on onsite. Am I really supposed to believe that their salespeople weren't aware of the language barriers when selling this service? That is something that should be disclosed to a potential buyer in the first few minutes of talking.

Now, last but definitely not least, on the last day of the project the crew did show up at sunrise, but around noon time the crew's family (wife and children including a toddler) showed up and set up a table in my yard for lunch. Honestly, I don't even mind that they had people bringing them hot food. I actually thought that was pretty nice to be honest, but the issue here is that the family never left. They stayed for the rest of the day and actually helped them finish (picking up scraps, raking the driveway/yard, and other tasks). Are those people licensed? Are those children part of the 2% or whatever it is Power claims to hire for roofing projects? Are they covered by Power's insurance because if anything was to happen who would be on the hook for that? Me? This, more than anything else stated above is beyond unacceptable.

We were promised an experience that Power did not deliver on. The video we watched showing what they offer showed a whole team of guys working on the roof together with half in the air and the other on the ground with a huge magnet device pulling up loose nails. Our guys had rakes (not even a broom for the driveway) and although they supposedly did have a magnet it looked nothing like the one in the video. Power hypes up their services by showing video of guys working with tools that the customers are never going to see. Power pulled a bait and switch. A classic example really. They showed us one thing but we got something else. In the end our roof was done and from what I can tell it was done well, but we weren't just sold a roof. We were sold an experience which was not provided.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

The guys that did the work on my house were exceptional. The staff that came out to the house were very informative. I see a lot of people complaining about the amount of time spent explaining the job and materials but remember an educated consumer is a smart consumer. I actually liked the fact that they take the time to inform you. Any issues I had were all taken care of professionally and in a timely manner. The materials used are top of the line and look great. I would like to thank everyone involved in this project very much.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

The salesman came promptly at 7PM as requested. But what I thought would be a 60-90 minute appointment lasted 4 HOURS! After doing his exterior assessment of our home, he came in for Part 1 of the sales pitch. He was definitely thorough and kept to the company script. But it's a very, very long script. Next he wanted to see both my attics, taking photos and pointing out "major issues" with my roof. That led to the detailed review of all the products and installation that would be used to solve my problem. The price was outrageously astronomical, even with a 10% BJ’s discount! Then the real warning signs!

If I signed NOW, he would offer an additional 11% off. RED FLAG! I politely thanked the salesman for the visit and told him his company's sales tactics are suspicious. The next day, I spoke to a friend who is a contractor about the "major issues" with my roof that the Power salesman pointed out. He told me they were all false, the salesman was lying! Be very, very careful if you decide to engage with Power Home Remodeling!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Almost nothing the salesperson said was true. You will not be able to contact him to confront him about his lies. Our job was nearly $48,000. At this point we just want the front of the house fixed where the siding is buckled as and needs to be one sheet and not pieces. Employees are not theirs, they all handed us their business cards for other work. The big crew that was suppose to show up with a guy to pick up nails with a magnet never happened. No supervision on the job site ever. The caulking looked like a child did it. I have pictures.

Power Home Remodeling Group expert review by Jonathan Trout

Founded in 1992, Power Home Remodeling is a home remodeling company dedicated to energy efficiency and cost-saving renovations. They focus on using innovative technology and providing specialized help throughout the entire remodeling process to make sure you get the service and home you want.

• Energy efficiency: Your home’s energy efficiency is Power Home’s first priority. With innovative technology, like windows with efficient glass panels, Power Home can help make your home more cost-effective.

• Free estimates: You can get a free estimate from Power Home by giving them a little bit of information about where you live and your home improvement project. They will contact you for specifics and give you a free, no-obligation estimate.

• Warranties: Power Home offers several different warranties for their products, including a lifetime labor warranty for all installations as long as the purchaser lives in that home. Other warranties differ according to the specific remodel you’ve purchased.

• Personal attention: Contractors and installers from Power Home work with you one-on-one to build a personal relationship. You meet with these professionals to figure out how you can make your home the way you want it to be.

• Service areas: Power Home has operating licenses in 17 states. Originally based in the northeastern United States, Power Home has expanded to the Midwest and parts of the South. Check their online coverage list to see if they can work in your state.

• Best for: people who want to remodel their homes to become more energy-efficient.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout
    Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Power Home Remodeling Company Information

Power Home Remodeling Group
    www.powerhrg.com
    Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.