Power Home Remodeling

Chester, PA

Power Home Remodeling
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.17/5

Power Home Remodeling provides efficient remodeling solutions to any of your window, roofing, siding, entry door or attic insulation needs. When you work with Power, you are guaranteed a job well done from a team that is responsible and professional. Don’t just take our word for it. Check out our customer reviews and testimonials below and see for yourself!

No matter what the job is, the team at Power Home Remodeling works with you in order to turn your dream home into reality. Visit our website today to learn more or to obtain a free estimate.

View More View More

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Power Home Remodeling Reviews

Original review: April 18, 2020

A brief history before I begin. I live in a single family home, rancher style. The house is on the corner so it is very visible. My roof was about 22 years old at the time. I purchased the home when I was 20 years old and knew very little; in hindsight I should have waited to buy, but that is not the point. When I bought the home, thankfully, the mortgage was via FHA so the owner needed to fix some items before selling the house. One of those things in need of repair was the roof because it needed shingles and there was a significant sized leak coming into the master bedroom and living room. The owner did the bare legally standard minimum repairs in order to be able to sell the home. This was back in 1998 so who knows what the rules were. The house passed FHA inspection and I was able to purchase it - all 1,150 square feet of it. It's not a big home. This was to be my 'starter' home, but as they say, "life happens".

I had dealt with Power Home Remodeling over the years while living here and my initial impressions were not good. They would, and still do, quite literally 'hunt' you down in the aisles of BJ's Wholesale Club. If my information was obtained by their telemarketing team the calls would be relentless bordering on stalking. Needless to say, now that I was in desperate need of a new roof I would not be reaching out to Power Home Remodeling. I shopped around and received some estimates. I needed a complete new re-deck as well as the shingles, etc. I knew that because of my procrastination and lack of funds would make this job rather expensive since any roofing company in their right mind would need to rip the entire roof off down to the studs, lay new plywood (re-decking), etc. I was expecting the job to be anywhere between 15K - 25K based off of estimates I had received from other roofing companies. They came in at 18.9K.

It was by sheer luck and timing that a neighbor was using Power Home Remodeling, so they had representatives knocking on doors in the neighborhood to try and book free estimates for whatever home improvement product you might need. I answered the door and was immediately apprehensive, to say the least. I relayed all of my bad experiences to the representative and expressed my concerns about pricing since after all Power Home Remodeling is the largest contractor in the area where I live. He was very friendly and courteous and said that a lot of things had changed at the company over the years so I should give them a second chance. I scheduled my free estimate for the next day after 3pm.

The next day I received a call to confirm the appointment and if I still agreed then the sales reps would be there shortly. They arrived around 3:30pm. I informed the two female reps that this appointment was a ruse and that they were not going to make a sale today. Even knowing that they proceeding through their pitch very friendly and enthusiastically. They were very knowledgeable and very determined. I had to say I was impressed not only by their level of knowledge and that I got to see and touch the actual materials that would be used, but also by the incredible on-the-spot inspection of my current roof including photos and videos. The rep went right up into my attic as well as a walk-around outside. Most of the time was in spent in the attic.

I was also impressed by how patient they were. See, I had fibbed when I made the free estimate appointment because the company likes both homeowners to be present, but I knew my wife would not be home from work until about 6pm. I made the sales reps aware that I had received quotes from other companies, but I was careful not to tip my hat by telling them what their numbers were. They made many calls to their supervisor that afternoon into the evening in order to continue to drop the price by adding in this discount or that discount.

I especially liked the one discount where if I allowed them to take before-and-after photos of the job to use on their future sales pitches then I would receive a discount. I was given pictures & videos of my rotten, wet roofing plywood accompanied by a horrific crackling sound when pressure was applied; I had support beams that had "ambered" meaning that the heat in the attic was so hot for a long period of time that the sap from the wood was being pulled out of it. It is not dangerous to keep that wood, it just showed me that I did not have proper ventilation in the attic which caused my roof to rot. Which, I think, is better than having had a leak which would have rotten then wood.

My wife arrived at home and she has an incredible background in sales, so she is never swayed by anyone's pitch. She was not swayed here. It was me that initially gave in and for multiple reasons:

1 - The price was incredibly low compared to other estimates I had received.
    2 - They're an established company with a proven track record, so built-in to that price is a lifetime warranty that I can transfer if I decide to sell.
    3 - Their materials were the best, top-of-the-line, most impressive, durable, proven, name brand and there were many choices as far as style.
    4 - The speed and convenience of the job being concluded in a single day except for the dumpster arriving the day before and picked up the day after.
    5 - The contractor, the foreman, the confirmation calls; all while I was working from home.
    6 - The plethora of financing options as well as the competitive interest rate and term of the loan.

7 - Again, the warranty is amazing - any warranty is only useful if the company is still in business. I think Power Home Remodeling will be around for a long time.

On to the actual job. The foreman called at 6am to verify that the materials were delivered the day before along with the dumpster and that I still wished to proceed with the job. I confirmed. The crew immediately began to work at 7:30am. The foreman introduced himself, showed my the permits which I needed because I was having a full re-deck performed. They were very careful go over the property after the job was done multiple times with different magnetic devices to pick up any nails that may have been on the ground. I took pictures of them performing the job every 1/2 hour just to see the progress and ensure that everything that was sold to me was installed. Everything from new flashing, new ridge vents, ice-shield, and the durable, indestructible sheeting material that gets nailed on top of the plywood was installed. I'm sure there is more I just don't feel like pulling out the folder with the itemized list of materials installed.

The township inspector came out after the re-deck was performed and then the crew proceeded to complete the job. The roof was completed by 5pm. It looks beautiful - definitely enough to make the neighbors envious. The foreman went over everything with me after the job was done, answered all of my questions then I signed-off on it. About an hour later Power Home Remodeling sent a Quality Assurance inspector. He went into the attic, walked to property, climbed up to the roof to inspect it. He also was very friendly, answered all of my questions. He also filled out the warranty information right there on the spot and registered it. That was a nice touch.

It's been almost 3 months now and I could not be happier with the roof's function, appeal and quality. I would definitely recommend Power Home Remodeling for your roofing needs. I would recommend to not take the first price given to you and always keep pressuring them to lower the price. There is always something that can be done within reason, of course. One thing that they do is they give you 2 initial prices. 1 is the price if you decide right there during your free estimate and the other price is the one that you get if you decide to call them back within a year of the quote. Just so you are not surprised by that tactic, it is common because fear is the best motivator and sales tactic. Just keep pushing and tell them that you would decide to make the decision that day if the price was just 1K lower, etc.

Original review: March 18, 2020

We had our windows done about 4 years ago and in that time had a couple warranty claims that were handled immediately and amazingly.Yes, they are a little more expensive than others but the warranty is worth it, to me. We just had them back to do our roof and the whole experience was very smooth and amazingly fast. The crew did a great job cleaning up and there was no damage to anything around our house. The roof came out great and from estimate to finished roof was only a matter of 2 weeks, but I think we were just fortunate with timing.

The only reason I am not giving a 5 star review is due to the way their sales people seem to be trained. I personally find it very pushy, aggressive and endless. This happened with BOTH the windows and roof and same scenario with different people. The original "quick estimate" ended up being a 4+ hour meeting that seemed to not want to end until we agreed to something and a drastic discount if we signed that day. The sales people, themselves, were very nice and not at all unpleasant. I think that is the only reason I put up with it as I normally don't have the patience for or put up with pitches like this.

When the job was finished, they sent someone out to inspect and review our project. This was nice and he was very professional, but it also felt to me like another sales pitch towards the end. We were asked if we wanted to get other work done soon (we just spent a lot on the roof) and they seemed to be fishing around for other people we may know that they can contact for more work. When we finally finished up and I thought he was on his way, I had a gut feeling it wasn't over as he sat in the driveway and sure enough my doorbell rang with another pitch to sell me on the possibility of the next project. I started getting irritated at this point and decided my review could not be 5 stars.

I know this may sound like a negative review, but I don't intend it this way. I was asked to come give an honest review and here it is. I feel like the company is great, with innovative and quality products. The warranty is stellar and I know because I've used it. Just tone your sales pitch down. It's worse than used car sales people and very time consuming in this fast paced world.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

We’ve been very pleased with our experience with window replacements done by Power Home Remodeling. A month ago, we met with a Power salesman who inventoried the windows in our house and gave us an estimate of the cost of replacing all the windows. The cost was considerably more than we were prepared to spend, especially since our existing windows (wood frames, 18-year-old house) seemed to be mostly adequate for now.

Initially, we made it very clear that we were not prepared to purchase any sort of replacement windows and were interested only in getting a cost estimate for future planning purposes. As the presentation wore on (and on and on – total of more than 4 hours, though this also included questions on our part and reading and signing documents), we became impressed with the quality of the Power window (durable vinyl frame, no painting, easier to open and clean, better energy efficiency, etc.) and the pricing options that were available if we made a purchase that day. We normally steer clear of such pricing deals, but this one included a lock-in of favorable pricing for at least 5 years. Since we were planning to replace a number of windows in that time frame anyway, that proved to be an important feature of their terms. We signed on for the minimum number of windows they would sell us (4 large double-hung windows for the ground floor front).

Within a day or two, Power sent a pre-installation inspector to confirm the salesman’s window measurements and explain the installation process, then scheduled an installation date. The installation was done one week after we signed the agreement. The installers were on time and very efficient in removing the old windows and installing the new ones. The installers did a good job with sealing the windows, and they left the house clean and tidy.

During the process, we noticed that there were some scuff marks on the frames of two of the full-window screens (fairly minor and only visible close up). Power insisted on replacing the screens despite these small defects, and that is scheduled to happen soon. With that small exception, the windows were in perfect shape. A quality control inspector came three days later to verify that the work met their standards.

Power did an excellent job of communicating the status of our project and confirming appointments. We’ve seen a number of pretty bad complaints about them on the Better Business Bureau website and just as many strongly positive ones on the Consumer Affairs site. All we can add is that our experience has been nothing but good and we would recommend them highly to anyone considering window replacement. Keep in mind that you don’t have to make the huge investment of replacing all your windows; Power is happy to do as few as 4 windows without obligating you to do anything else at a later time. We’ve already decided to replace the other 5 windows on the front of our house. When we’re ready to do more, we plan to call Power.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

The process from start to completion was unexpectedly easy. All of the people involved were very friendly and courteous. The construction crew were simply fantastic. My friends think the windows were too expensive based on the estimate price without seeing the demonstration or the completed project. But after the windows were installed and they could actually see the difference they were silenced. They could not believe the huge difference in the quality. The noise dampening is incredible. All of the small details that make up the whole make this product well worth the investment. The screens are one of those details. From about 4 feet away I cannot see the screens at all which makes my view out so much better. I love the tip out feature so I don’t have to dangle out of the window to clean them anymore as I live on the 2nd floor.

I feel confident that POWER will stand behind their product. This is not a fly by night contractor, or a guy who knows a guy. This is a well established company that provides a top quality product. Again, I really can’t believe the ease of this project. The window quality is what it is, no upgrade nonsense. Every window is the best they have. One of the screens they brought in was damaged. Any other company would make you wait until they got a replacement to you. These guys went out to the truck and repaired it right then and there. Complete new screen on the spot. I can recommend with absolute confidence this product to anyone. I have had work done by contractors that would not stand behind their work. An absolute nightmare. This is not that, I repeat, this is not that. All of the people I encountered gave me absolute confidence they stand by the lifetime warranty.

Original review: July 22, 2019

Today was a day of final satisfaction. Roughly two months ago Power came into our lives. So, entered two young men who were articulate, logical, enjoyable to talk with, and understood us. Took two hours at the most. We signed (seemed like forever--wish they would get some sort of stylus to write with, it is awkward using your fingers) for a new roof, new entry door and new siding on each side of entry because of water damage. Said installation would be a few weeks.

Two or three days later our roof was being installed. Not a lot of interaction between us because what do I know about roofing; they did their job, we signed off on that section of our project only and no funds exchanged hands. We found a few nails, a couple spots that the shingle was not trimmed, and a couple missed cleanup. We called, they responded, we were satisfied. Additional note, we did pick up a nail in our truck tire: upon full completion of project we mentioned it to the quality review person AND!!!! Wait for it--they will cover the cost of the repair which was a new tire. I'm impressed. Maybe a week later the siding and wood was repaired. We signed off and no funds exchanged hands.

So today July 22, our final leg started. So Jorge arrives and in three hours has installed an entry door (he had help). What really mattered was he chatted with my grandson who shared that his Daddy was dead. (That was unexpected.) Jorge was compassionate and showed empathy to this four year old child. Power hires good people! Enters Brian...quality control. He handled us well because we were actually at another venue with six grandchildren and ran back to the house to meet with him, so we were really, "Hurry up, get this done (This was to him a benefit, otherwise we would talk his leg off!)." What can we say, he was what we expected for a Power representative and Brian did not disappoint. So, if POWER is reading this...can you give us an outstanding deal on gutters?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Power Home Remodeling Group?

Original review: June 26, 2020

Installer Martin & his crew were so efficient, friendly, professional & with COVID precautions. Needed 2 days for 23 windows, installing & capping on 2 story 110 yr. old Victorian, but WOW. They worked in amazing unison! Needed additional instructions the next day & had a tech call in 1 hour, & lead installer Ed was here in 8 minutes. How's that for service!! Best ever. :) Windows are BEAUTIFUL, people are FABULOUS, product is BEAUTIFUL AND FABULOUS! The whole experience gets a "10" from us. Thank you. M & B **

Original review: June 25, 2020

I’m very happy with Power Home Remodeling. Nick the salesman was very thorough and explained everything to me and my daughter. It made us feel very comfortable. All questions were fully explained. Everyone was amazing to work with. I would highly recommend.

Original review: June 24, 2020

The windows we purchased from Power are gorgeous. We noticed a significant temperature change. We had to turn up both our AC units up three degrees. The sliding door is so nice as well. We choose the one that has the blinds in between the glass. Great choice! Our installation crew was awesome as well. Ray, Devon, and Walter were so nice and did a great job with our installation. Their clean up was very good. Everyone we dealt with at Power from start to finish was extremely courteous, knowledgeable, and on top of their game. I highly recommend Power Home Remodeling for your next project. You won't be disappointed.

Original review: June 24, 2020

Our project was delayed from March 2020 to June 2020 because of COVID-19 but they completed the installation in about a week and a half, delay because of weather 3-4 days. Roof looks great and now it can breathe because of the ridge vent and special air vent in special first roof shingle. Siding with insulation was installed with trim around all exterior door and windows. Gutter installed in one day. Excellent work done by Power.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I had my siding and gutters and capping installed. The installation was terrible. Since day one I have had to get shoddy work fixed. Also they are careless. They chipped my pavers on my front porch and they put a hole in my swimming pool liner. They assumed responsibility and promised to fix the damage their installers caused. When they received the estimates they denied any damage, despite the photos and conversations with their warranty department. Please do not use this company. They were double the price of other reputable companies and the work is average at best.

Power Home Remodeling response

We apologize for any undue frustration or inconvenience. We can see any service issues regarding your gutter installation have also since been addressed and resolved during a service appointment with your Project Production Manager on 6/23/2020. If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach out to Customer Care Department at customercare@powerhrg.com or 888-736-6335, option 4 at the prompt.

Power Home Remodeling Group author review by Jonathan Trout

Founded in 1992, Power Home Remodeling is a home remodeling company dedicated to energy efficiency and cost-saving renovations. They focus on using innovative technology and providing specialized help throughout the entire remodeling process to make sure you get the service and home you want.

• Energy efficiency: Your home’s energy efficiency is Power Home’s first priority. With innovative technology, like windows with efficient glass panels, Power Home can help make your home more cost-effective.

• Free estimates: You can get a free estimate from Power Home by giving them a little bit of information about where you live and your home improvement project. They will contact you for specifics and give you a free, no-obligation estimate.

• Warranties: Power Home offers several different warranties for their products, including a lifetime labor warranty for all installations as long as the purchaser lives in that home. Other warranties differ according to the specific remodel you’ve purchased.

• Personal attention: Contractors and installers from Power Home work with you one-on-one to build a personal relationship. You meet with these professionals to figure out how you can make your home the way you want it to be.

• Service areas: Power Home has operating licenses in 17 states. Originally based in the northeastern United States, Power Home has expanded to the Midwest and parts of the South. Check their online coverage list to see if they can work in your state.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team