Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Power Home Remodeling

Chester, PA

4.6/5 (145 ratings)
Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Power Home Remodeling

Power Home Remodeling provides efficient remodeling solutions to any of your window, roofing, siding, entry door or attic insulation needs. When you work with Power, you are guaranteed a job well done from a team that is responsible and professional. Don’t just take our word for it. Check out our customer reviews and testimonials below and see for yourself!

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Power Home Remodeling Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Power Home Remodeling?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Power Home Remodeling Group?

Original review: March 9, 2021

As a new homeowner, I had windows on my list but wasn’t actively looking for budget quotes. However, an opportunity for a commitment-free quote presented itself when Power Home and Remodeling was injured neighborhood and their representative, Brody, asked me if I would be interested in a free estimate consultation. The exchange was very professional and respectful of COVID guidelines.

I scheduled a consultation and met with Leanna a couple days later and was absolutely blown away with how thorough her presentation was as well as her respectfulness for my time and space. The technology of the windows was next level from what I am used to seeing in my career as an architect, and Leanna was able to answer my millions of questions regarding coatings, warranty, and comparable prices. I had such an excellent experience with her, as well as the preinstall inspection with Jordan. Every step and next step was explained well by the Power representatives I interacted with.

My install date went smoothly-the install team showed up on time and were very efficient and respectful of my pets and property. A Power quality assurance rep, Dave, came out to explain the quality assurance process and what they were inspecting as well as identified other potential house items to look at for future products. I was so impressed by all my interactions and my conversation with Dave, I added replacing five more windows with Power that same day. It was an overall easy and customer-oriented experience, and I would wholeheartedly recommend this company to my friends and family.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Pros: Power Home Remodeling offers a great product. The roof crew that came out did an excellent and fast job using quality parts and is backed by a great warranty. They showed up on time, redecked and reshingled in a single day. The roofing system they installed is a much better quality than most.

Cons: It's pretty expensive. The service rep that came out for the initial assessment was friendly and informative but we did not see him through the rest of the process as he said would be the case. The "QA" inspector that came out after the job was not interested in inspecting the install, nor did he offer any sort of checklist or finalization of the install, which was promised by the other rep. I just had to believe that he could see that the install was done correctly, and the one concern I had was said to be "technically a siding job". He was only there to activate the warranty and try to sell us the next project. Also, unsavory pressure point sales tactics.

Overall: Like the title says, product and install are great. Customer interaction was disappointing. Seems to be miscommunication between field reps. Time will tell if the product holds up as well as proclaimed and the warranty for that matter.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I normally don't answer the door to sales people, but I am glad I did back in August. The young man, Andrew, rang my doorbell to try to sell me a new roof. I didn't want a new roof, but I was definitely in need of new windows. After a no pressure sales pitch, I agreed to set up an appointment to get an estimate on new windows. Tristan came to my house and after 3 hours, I was more than happy and ready to commit to have 11 windows replaced in my home. Tristan took the time to explain everything to me about the windows i.e., what they're made of, the quality, the efficiency of the glass used for the windows etc.

The next step was to have pre install measurements taken of all windows. A date for installation was set up at this meeting. October 29th as scheduled, my windows were replaced. The three installers were very professional and took great care to cover everything in my home so it wouldn't get dusty or dirty during the process. In fact, I think they left my home cleaner than when they walked in. Overall, my experience with Power was amazing. I love my new windows. I highly recommend them for all your home projects.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

We were looking to replace 20-year-old "builder" windows anyway when a guy canvassing the neighborhood approached me outdoors. I think it surprised him that I wanted to hear his pitch - which turned out to be a really excellent "Watch Mr. Wizard" demonstration. Some online checking showed them to be legitimate so I contracted to have 26 windows replaced for about $23,000.

They offered to finance this through Green Sky so I took that up - intending to just pay off the loan. The payments are loan given that it's financed over a 10 year period but the interest rate is 9.99%. I am paying about $100 over the required payment but that apparently is not used to reduce the principle but only to chop payments off the end of the loan. [I could be wrong.] Installation went smoothly enough but the crew did a less than stellar job of clean-up. I also loaned a battery-powered impact driver to them and never got it back. In the end, though I am happy with the new windows. The main benefit for me is a dramatic reduction in sound coming in from the neighbors.

Original review: July 6, 2020

PHR salesman came to the house for quoting window replacement for all windows that needed it, and at our request itemized by room/area separately. We had already ball-parked roughly $1000 per window installed, parts & labor. Salesman was extremely knowledgeable about company and products, and pricing was additionally discounted for being a BJ's Wholesale member. Then there was an additional discount for "sign today" which we took advantage of for one section/area of our house that desperately needed new windows due to non-opening status and failing seals/insulation. Total project came out to just under $1K per window with all discounts so it was a good buy. Salesman measured for initial quote.

About 3 weeks later a pre-install inspector came out to re-measure and finalize details for install scheduled 1 month later. Install was delayed due to COVID-19 shutdowns but company kept us posted on restart plans. Actual install was 2-3 months later. Installer - 1 guy, not a crew - came out promptly at the start of the appointment time (730a) and re-measured everything before touching anything. Tackled the most complex/largest window first, took him 3 hours to remove old and install new. Very meticulous with spray-foam insulation and caulking, caulking, caulking. New windows are smaller surface area than old windows due to insert style of replacement. Easy to open and close (casement/crank) and screens are very low-profile, easy to remove for cleaning.

Project manager came out to check status towards end of install (all day, almost 12 hours) and go over all details, warranty info, answer q's, etc. Installer was protective of all areas and cleaned up thoroughly, inside and out. Only problem through the entire process was that PHR phone numbers appear as "Potential Spam" on mobile phone screeners so you have to answer those calls when you know you're waiting on calls for scheduling, appointment confirmations, etc.

When they left voicemails, the reps wouldn't leave direct dial or extension numbers so you have to call the main 800 number and wait through menus to get to a person; that said, every rep was able to look up the account and check status, answer questions, give info, etc. so they are a very large company but must have a very detailed records system, with employees who actually use it to log all actions. Will wait and see if any problems develop with the product or installation. After 1 rainstorm, no leaks. Sun/heat is definitely cut down dramatically. So far so good. If all stays good, will definitely consider PHR for future work.

Original review: June 4, 2021

Had an amazing experience with this company from the first time they rang my doorbell all the way to the end of my installation. Nicole did a demonstration of the windows and my wife and I were completely sold. Nothing but clear communication throughout the entire process, even when there were delays they kept me in the loop until my windows finally came in. The window installers are absolute pros and tore down the old windows real quick and put up my new ones with beauty. Justin came by to double check the work to make sure it all checks out. These people are thorough, friendly, and informative with Lifetime Warranty on their products. I'll be giving them a call again for further projects.

Original review: June 2, 2021

Excellent company! They did a new roof, front door, shutters, and a replacement window in the kitchen. The crews were fast with the installs, cleaned up perfectly and were extremely friendly. Ryan, our sales guy, was amazing and extremely helpful. Highly recommend this company for anyone that needs home repairs.

Original review: May 29, 2021

Our entire experience with Power was really good. From the sales department to the final inspection, every person we dealt with were courteous and professional. Everything was done properly as specified, and finished on time. I wouldn't hesitate to r

Original review: May 27, 2021

Had siding/trim/fascia installed. Company was prompt, communicative, and great to work with. On time, completed the project when promised, and cleaned up promptly. Very happy with the work and would recommend.

Original review: May 25, 2021

The company had great communication. They walk you through the whole process and communicate what they are doing and when. They were able to do the installation of gutters and windows before the scheduled time. Quick install and cleaned up after themselves. Great Service, and would definitely work with them again.

Power Home Remodeling Group author review by Jonathan Trout

Founded in 1992, Power Home Remodeling is a home remodeling company dedicated to energy efficiency and cost-saving renovations. They focus on using innovative technology and providing specialized help throughout the entire remodeling process to make sure you get the service and home you want.

• Energy efficiency: Your home’s energy efficiency is Power Home’s first priority. With innovative technology, like windows with efficient glass panels, Power Home can help make your home more cost-effective.

• Free estimates: You can get a free estimate from Power Home by giving them a little bit of information about where you live and your home improvement project. They will contact you for specifics and give you a free, no-obligation estimate.

• Warranties: Power Home offers several different warranties for their products, including a lifetime labor warranty for all installations as long as the purchaser lives in that home. Other warranties differ according to the specific remodel you’ve purchased.

• Personal attention: Contractors and installers from Power Home work with you one-on-one to build a personal relationship. You meet with these professionals to figure out how you can make your home the way you want it to be.

• Service areas: Power Home has operating licenses in 17 states. Originally based in the northeastern United States, Power Home has expanded to the Midwest and parts of the South. Check their online coverage list to see if they can work in your state.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team