4.74/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Power Home Remodeling

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Power Home Remodeling provides efficient remodeling solutions to any of your window, roofing, siding, entry door or attic insulation needs. When you work with Power Home, you are guaranteed a job well done from a team that is responsible and professional.

No matter what the job is, the team at Power Home Remodeling works with you in order to turn your dream home into reality. Visit our website today to learn more or to obtain a free estimate.

Power Home Remodeling Group Gallery (6)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 7, 2017

73 Power Home Remodeling Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Power Home Remodeling Group did all of our windows and siding years ago. They came to my door to see if we wanted anything done and our roof was leaking, so we went from there. The installation team worked hard and the quality of their work is excellent. I also have another job that they’re going to do.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I shot a bullet hole through my window so I was looking for a window replacement company and I went online. Three companies called me including Power Home Remodeling Group and Lowe’s. I felt most comfortable with Power Home so I went with them. The salesperson was professional and customer service oriented from the time they called. I operate in an unorganized manner so I postponed my appointment time three times. They were very patient with me, kind and accommodating. And when they finally came out, the initial consultant stayed for four hours. He was very detail oriented and provided thorough information as to what was going on or what I needed or what I can take advantage of in my home. It was for me and my husband so we were both there. It was all in all, a good experience.

The installation team was professional. When they called in to say that they were coming, I told them I had a class I had to go to that day and I needed to be there at 12. They went a little bit over but I still got there in time. They were very effective. They came in, didn't bother me and were not intrusive. They were very knowledgeable in their area of expertise and answered any questions I had. I got Triplex glass which was the break-proof windows that I wanted. I put a bag in my window because the bullet hole was there and it's an eyesore. So, I feel great. I'm looking forward to purchasing some more as the finance opens up.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

A young guy from Power Home Remodeling came to our door one day and since I knew we had some work to be done I made an appointment. The sales representative came in and sat down at our dining room table. We put it well that we needed a gutter and while he was explaining about that he also talked about all of the other products they have. He also explained about the company, their philosophy of doing full service and the double lifetime guarantee they have. He really went through the whole scenario and told us what to expect. The experience when they came out was on target. It was exactly like what he said.

The installers called to let us know where they were coming from. Since they had to travel on 995, which when you heard that and knew where they're coming from, there's no such thing as being on time. We just knew to expect them when they showed up. We were outside the whole day and we were coming from Bridgeport which is not so far away. But they were here on time of what they said they would be.

So we had the gutters put in and then we had windows replaced on the second floor of the house. Lastly we had the attic insulated. And then we had some more windows replaced. The installation of the windows took about the length of time they said. They were in and out during the time they had estimated it would take. The timing seems to be right on schedule and when the installation guys got here they got right to work and they installed. They cleaned up well after themselves. They didn't leave a mess around and made sure everything is finished. They were out in about three hours since installation. They wanted me to feel satisfied with their work before they leave. So far I'm very satisfied with the gutters and the windows look beautiful. And I shot my head up in the attic to look at the insulation and it's nice. I had a very positive experience with Power Home and I definitely would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I ordered windows from Power Home Remodeling and they were very good. The seller was friendly and the installation team was good as well.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I’m happy with Power Home Remodeling. We had a person from marketing and they explained everything. There were a lot of people in my area and my town that actually got their work done from Power so that influenced me, too. Everything was done in a timely manner and the cleanup was good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Power Home Remodeling Group?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I like what Power Home Remodeling Group had to offer and their guarantees so I had them install windows, gutters, and roofing. The crews that came out did a great job, kept the house clean, and picked up after themselves. However, I was expecting that someone from Power Home would actually come out and check everybody's final work, but that hasn't happened.

I was disappointed with being told that the installation will be knee high in depth. However, based on my research and phone calls, it was only going to be seven inches. I was also told I had a project manager, but they never really came out to the project to check anything, which I thought they would. However, everything else was good.

Everything that they told me happened. However, they should follow up on their crew that comes out, because I was led to believe that it was Power Home crew that was coming out, turns out they were all subcontractors. They said that all crew will be out, and to me, their crew should show up in a Power Home pickup and do their thing. I saw that they trust the subcontractors they use though. That was within my expectations because they showed me how good the company is, that they won the top 100 companies to work for. From what they showed me, the products and windows they installed are doing a great job. I like what they did, but I wish they would have their people a little more informed.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

We had a very good and seamless experience with Power Remodeling Group. One of our neighbors had used them for windows so we selected to get from them the windows for the whole house. In terms of the quality of work, they were great and we’re extremely happy with the service that we were given.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

A rep came and showed me pictures and told me that Power Home Remodeling puts storm windows. And then he noticed that the rubber inside the windows needed to be replaced. We had an earthquake about five years ago and it broke the ones I had already in here and I knew I needed to get that fixed. At that time, I had them do that whole back window. They did a very good job and they did it quickly too. I was so satisfied that's why I opted to get all the windows redone. It's been 27 years since I had these windows put in and all that black stuff was coming through. And for once, the windows looked much better than what I already had up there. The guy said that if I didn't get it fixed, I would be having some leakage and the water would be coming in the windows. Plus, if I sell my house, the window would be one thing that would stand out.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I checked with three other companies before finally choosing Power Home to do my roof and gutters. When they came to my house, everything they told me made sense to me. Everybody else just seemed to want to do the job. But they didn't want to do it as complete as Power did. They weren’t the cheapest but they were the best. Their reps were knowledgeable too and they found us a company that financed the whole amount. I was really happy with the whole process which was quick as well.

Their guys came out fast and they were there when they said they would be. It was already dark out there, but they still cleaned up before leaving and they did a good job with that. I went out and tried to help them a little and it was almost 9:00 o'clock at night when they left. The day after the job was done, a guy came out with a drone and took pictures of my house. That was pretty cool because I was wondering how was I going to be able to go up there and see the job that they did. With the drone, I could see everything. He emailed me 30 pictures, which was nice and I appreciated that. Everything, from beginning to the end, was good with Power and I have recommended them to friends.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

We like Power Home Remodeling’s competitive pricing. We got windows and gutters from them. Their sales team was very friendly and not pushy, and the installation team did a great job. The quality of the work was very good as well. I had a very easy experience.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

A salesperson from Power Home Remodeling Group came to the door and we set up a time. He took his shoes off and then went on to explain the products very well. He was very nice and respectful. Not only was he passionate about the product, but the company as well. He was one of the biggest things that made us want to go with Power Home.

So we did the windows and the installers made sure they didn't move certain things and nothing got damaged. They were very good and respectful. I was really happy with it. All in all, everything was perfect. The product manager called and said if I needed anything, I'd let him know. They were concerned about what I thought of the quality and made sure I was happy with it. I really, really appreciate that. And the windows came out great.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I was outside working on my car when a rep from Power Home Remodeling Group approached me on the street. They were going from house to house and they struck up a conversation with me. I have Andersen Windows in the house and I wasn't satisfied with it, so I figured I'd try somebody else. Power Home installed their windows in one day. The installation crew that they sent out was very good, polite and professional. Overall, they did a really nice job and the quality of their work was exceptional.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We wanted to replace windows and we purchased sliding windows from Power Home. The installation was very good. It was done fairly quickly and within the promised time, and we like what we got as a result.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

We like Power Home Remodeling Group’s product, and the work they’ve done all around these areas made me choose them over other home improvement companies. They had a great guarantee with it, the people were nice, and they worked with us on the pricing and financing. We had a new roof installed and when the installation team came, I had a very good experience. It was comfortable, they did a nice job and cleaned up. We’re very happy and I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Power Home Remodeling Group customized my windows. The interaction I had with the sales team was very good and the installation team was very nice. They did what I wanted and did a good job. Overall, I feel good about the quality of the work done in my home, and if somebody needs it, they can call me and I can tell them about how good Power Home Remodeling is, and how they work and make everything.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

We were looking for windows. I reached out to Andersen, but nobody ever got back to me so I checked out Power Home. There were so many people that came out. The initial people that came out would like to ask me if I’ll do it or not. And they were here for four hours. The first guy was trying to sell me the insulation. It’s not the time for that. We live in a townhouse. We weren't putting that kind of money where we don’t plan on being here for a much longer. Then on the day of the window installation, some other manager came out and he was trying to sell us again the insulation. Everybody was nice, but they tried to sell real hard which is annoying.

I got four basic windows. During installation, there were two Mexican guys that were very good at what they were doing and took their time. But at the end of the visit when my husband had left for work and I was here by myself, I was checking the windows out and noticed there was part of the center windowpane that was not even. The manager was trying to convince me it was but he ended up calling someone. The installation team came today and replaced the windowpane that was wrong and fixed it. It took them about a month to come and fix it. We can tell the quality of the window is working because it's got the three panes plus the reflective glass, and we can tell it with the reflection on the window, as the heat here in New Jersey in September is not as hot.

After they left, I said to my husband that we should have tried to haggle with them price-wise. We have a price in mind and they came around the price that we were thinking. But we didn’t even try which was our fault. And we have yet to see the bill, they were waiting until they got the final product in which is good. Other than that, the all in all experience is good and it's worth it. They were very carefree to have in your home. The guys that were working upstairs were working very hard the entire time.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

We ran into some problems with my old windows. From the mold and the water getting in, it was definitely time to be changed. Power Home sold me the right deal and they weren't as pushy as the other companies. The sales rep helped us and went over every detail about the window and showed us the model window. He wasn't there for that long because we already went through two more other window places and we already had an idea of what we wanted. I got all new windows for my house and installation was quick. But I was really disappointed with the first appointment because they missed the time frame so we had to schedule on a Saturday which took the whole day, but it's okay.

My original date was August 25th which was a Friday. They said they tried to give me a phone call the night before. I believe I got her phone call of confirmation the day before but not a phone call for cancellation. Maybe they called the second number which we probably didn't get but other than that, their work was great and I love them. We had rain over here and no water got in. The installation was obviously fulfilled. After the whole experience, I was very relieved that it wasn't worse than what I thought.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I was going through various sources trying to find some people who would do windows in the area. I had several companies out who gave me an estimate and demonstrations and things along that nature. Power Home wasn’t the highest nor the lowest, but for the price they were offering, they had the best product. It was within our price range. They did the window remodeling and we were able to customize. They had a barrage of choices we could have went to but we purchased the basic and simple which is the way the old ones were where we put the new ones in.

We had two salespersons. The first salesman came out and did a very good job of demonstrating everything. But his was a little bit pricey. Then the second salesman came out and called us. They said they had a program going where if you had an open date to get the work done, it'd be a better price. We were able to work with them. We didn't have a set date so they were able to give us a good price. The experience was good with them as well as with the installation team.

The first guys came out and double checked the size of the windows and everything. They were nice guys and they were joking a little bit of the time. And then when the windows finally came, the installers were very professional, did the job, came in, got the work done and left everything nice and neat. They finished two big windows and two little side windows in four hours. It was a quick one but they did a good job at a reasonable price, and it’s good material too. That was a half and a month ago. Everything was great and the experience was excellent from start to finish.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I like the Power Home Remodeling's presentation and their product. The sales rep was very professional, he answered all my questions and did a very good job. The installers got here right within the window that was promised, very clean and they were very professional. The quality of the work is so good and I liked it so much that I have another job on the way.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

We had a couple of the marketing door-to-door guys from Power Home who came and caught me. It was perfect timing because we definitely needed a window remodel. The original intent was having Power Home come in and I was also going to do some price shopping with Home Depot and Lowe’s because I don’t know about windows. It doesn’t matter to me but it's whoever comes out with the best price. The sales rep was extremely well-versed, friendly and helpful. He educated me and got me thinking about how Power Home was different and better. I didn’t end up having any other vendor come in. Plus these guys are extremely thorough. The installation team knew their stuff and did a nice job. The process was quick, smooth and painless which helped overall.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I went online to know how much it would cost to buy windows. I got four phone calls and I liked the way Power Home Remodeling sounded. I had an appointment with them to come over, and I followed through and got the windows from them. The team that installed the windows was excellent. I'm very happy with everybody, from the first guy I talked to on the phone, when the salesman came over, when the guys came over to measure, when the installers came in and when one of the supervisors stopped by. Everybody was great and they're a terrific company. It has been a very good experience.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

Power Home Remodeling Group looks very organized and I took time to go into details on how they’re going to do the work. They showed me they could do about seven days while the other providers for three or four days before putting up the roof. I saw that Power Home could give me a more quality job than the other providers could, and I did the roof, the gutters, and windows and, later on, the siding with them. The reps were very courteous and they were fair enough with what I was looking for. The install team was great and they gave me all the information I needed and kept updating me on how the work is progressing. They did a very clean job, so it’s not like when I come and I see a mess. I had an outstanding experience with Power Home Remodeling Group. If I have to, I will recommend them to my friends and other people.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

Power Home Remodeling Group had a sales rep or a representative walking through the neighborhood. Last year, I had all my windows on the first floor replaced and this year, I replaced a few of the windows on my second floor. The sales team has been great throughout the whole process and the installation team was clean, on time and fast. I love the quality of the work and I’m a repeat customer. I can see myself doing other changes and being a long-lasting customer with Power Home. They were quick, efficient and straightforward. I don’t have to go through any major sales pitch. It was a good experience.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Power Home’s salesperson was very knowledgeable in everything when we got regular roofing shingles. I didn’t think the installation team was going to finish their work, but they did. Their quality of work was very good. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

My neighbor used Power Home Remodeling Group for their windows to be remodeled. I was also in need of window remodeling so I listened to Power Home Remodeling Group's sales pitch and was impressed with their products. We purchased some windows and we can customize the colors, the style and how many windows we want. We can also customize it to fit our budget.

When the sales reps came, they took a look at our windows and they gave us a local comparison of the retailers that were in our area where we can go and find information. Then they gave us a demonstration of their windows and how they are made. They were very thorough which I appreciated. I also had the best experience with the installation team. I was expecting a nightmare because we had all of the windows on the main floor replaced. I thought it was going to take forever but it turned out to be the smoothest process. They had a team come in, getting all the windows out and the new windows in. I'm in love with the windows. Also, they were clean, everyone was polite and they wanted to make sure we were satisfied. They treated our home respectfully and I'm very impressed. I have recommended them and I will use them again.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

We were in the market for some new windows and we liked what Power Home Remodeling Group had to offer. We set up an appointment and they came. The sales rep was very patient, explanatory, and wonderful. He took his time and was not pushy. We were also impressed when one of the reps came back to see how the project was going and we ended up finishing off the rest of the windows, which will be installed at the end of October. We had a total of 16 windows and the installation team was absolutely wonderful. They're very professional, helpful with the finances, and easy to deal, and I’d recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

We went to a home show and felt like Power Home Remodeling Group was a good company to go with. When we invited their sales representative to our house, he was on time. He got there at about 5:30 and he didn’t seem to want to leave. We were told it would be an hour to an hour and a half interaction and only at 10:15 did we able to make him leave. While we find him courteous, he kept following me and my fiancé that we never really had a chance to talk in private. He wouldn't leave and so we agreed to do the roof and we felt afterward that the price he gave us was extremely high.

We did a little investigation and found that we could get it for less. So we decided to cancel and mailed off our cancellation letter. Somebody called us back and said that a representative has to come to our house to officially cancel it. I said it wasn’t what the letter said. I told them that the letter says we can cancel it so long as we meet their deadline. They insisted to have somebody come back. So the same representative who had initially gone to our house was the one who came back. He said that cancellations are bad for the company. In the end, we still went with Power at a re-negotiated price.

The installation team showed up and put a roof on our house. They were able to customize the color of our roof the way we wanted. They did the job but there were a few problems. Noticeable was the foreman who was not around. So I spoke to him on the phone and told him about a few spots on the roof that were very raised up. The installers went back up on the roof and they tried to re-adjust some of the roof shingles but they only got them flatter. The installers packed up their stuff and left, and while the roof is still raised up right around the edges, everything seems fine right now.

Overall, I would still recommend Power. The gentlemen who installed the roof did an excellent work. They were very quick. It took them two and a half hours to take everything off and put the roof on. They were courteous too even when they didn’t speak much English. What I would not recommend is the 5-hour visit. We get up very early in the morning. And for the sales rep to stay until 10:15 was quite bothersome. We also missed our dinner. It doesn’t help when we have already sent the paper off saying that we wish to cancel and have someone tell us that cancellation would be very bad for the company. We told the sales rep that it’s our prerogative to change our mind. While we ended up re-negotiating the price, it wasn’t a very happy experience.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Power Home Remodeling sales rep were quite nice and reasonable. We went ahead and purchased windows. They took the measurement and then told me when they will be coming back to do it. Since the installation, everything has looked reasonable and okay for now. The experience was great but they should check on it more often to see if everything’s going fine.

Power Home Remodeling response

Hi Peggie - thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Power. We are so glad to hear that your installation went well and you are happy with the quality of the product. Please feel free to call (888) 736-6335, option 4 at the prompt, to speak with our Customer Service team about any concerns that may arise with the project, or to ask any questions you may have about the new windows. Power is happy to talk through any concerns you may have and more than willing to come out and check on the project if you'd like for us to do walk through of the property with you.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Power Home came to the house when we first bought it last year and when they came back this year, we decided to go ahead and do the remodel. They stand by their work and provide lifetime coverage to what they offer. They also cover any mistake made so I felt they were a good company to go with. We had 18 windows and a front door done and they were beautiful. The sales team was nice and they explained everything to our understanding, which was good. I liked their personality and how they spoke and presented themselves. The installers were courteous, on time, and finished in one day. They also cleaned up after themselves and even showed me how to install my own storm door. They wrote down my measurements and told me what type of door and where to purchase. I'd recommend them to anyone who needs windows or doors for their home.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I saw Power Home Remodeling Group at an event in Baltimore and after speaking to one of their reps, I suddenly went ahead and tried them. They came to do the windows the way I wanted them. Unfortunately, they don't do doors that way because I needed it different from the standard door. I have the door spaced out because I use digital locks and not standard locks. I have to change the setup because of the way how those are longer, so I got to put in for that part. That stuff was done to my specifications. I also would have liked the door to be silver. The installers were hardworking and cleaned up after themselves. The only thing was they left one of their power tools behind. The rep and the tech who came here to initially look at the stuff were both very good. I recommend them overall.

Power Home Remodeling Company Information