Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Power Home Remodeling

Chester, PA

4.6/5 (146 ratings)
Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Power Home Remodeling

Power Home Remodeling provides efficient remodeling solutions to any of your window, roofing, siding, entry door or attic insulation needs. When you work with Power, you are guaranteed a job well done from a team that is responsible and professional. Don’t just take our word for it. Check out our customer reviews and testimonials below and see for yourself!

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Power Home Remodeling Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Power Home Remodeling?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Power Home Remodeling Group?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I have noticed that my air conditioner has been running less often and is on for shorter periods of time now that the windows are installed. On the down side, the install for my 14 windows had to be broken up due to 4 windows not being delivered before the install date. The 4 windows finally showed up 2 weeks later and were installed on a day I had to work so I was not able to inspect the finished install before having to sign that it was completed to my satisfaction. Later when I did get a chance to inspect the last 4 windows, I noticed that the little vents on the bottom that lets moisture drain but keeps bugs out were damaged or sealed with caulking.

On the first install date the crew that came out seemed to be competent and taking their time on the job, of course I was asking questions and watching most of the time. On the second date, while I was working, the install finished sooner than I thought it would, the before mentioned vents, and one window that has a curved top had a 4 inch paint drip from where they painted the curved board above the window to match the trim around the rest of the window. Besides minor issues, that could have been avoided if my work schedule was not so volatile, I'm happy with the windows. Just waiting on the door replacement to finish the work order.

Original review: March 9, 2021

As a new homeowner, I had windows on my list but wasn’t actively looking for budget quotes. However, an opportunity for a commitment-free quote presented itself when Power Home and Remodeling was injured neighborhood and their representative, Brody, asked me if I would be interested in a free estimate consultation. The exchange was very professional and respectful of COVID guidelines.

I scheduled a consultation and met with Leanna a couple days later and was absolutely blown away with how thorough her presentation was as well as her respectfulness for my time and space. The technology of the windows was next level from what I am used to seeing in my career as an architect, and Leanna was able to answer my millions of questions regarding coatings, warranty, and comparable prices. I had such an excellent experience with her, as well as the preinstall inspection with Jordan. Every step and next step was explained well by the Power representatives I interacted with.

My install date went smoothly-the install team showed up on time and were very efficient and respectful of my pets and property. A Power quality assurance rep, Dave, came out to explain the quality assurance process and what they were inspecting as well as identified other potential house items to look at for future products. I was so impressed by all my interactions and my conversation with Dave, I added replacing five more windows with Power that same day. It was an overall easy and customer-oriented experience, and I would wholeheartedly recommend this company to my friends and family.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Pros: Power Home Remodeling offers a great product. The roof crew that came out did an excellent and fast job using quality parts and is backed by a great warranty. They showed up on time, redecked and reshingled in a single day. The roofing system they installed is a much better quality than most.

Cons: It's pretty expensive. The service rep that came out for the initial assessment was friendly and informative but we did not see him through the rest of the process as he said would be the case. The "QA" inspector that came out after the job was not interested in inspecting the install, nor did he offer any sort of checklist or finalization of the install, which was promised by the other rep. I just had to believe that he could see that the install was done correctly, and the one concern I had was said to be "technically a siding job". He was only there to activate the warranty and try to sell us the next project. Also, unsavory pressure point sales tactics.

Overall: Like the title says, product and install are great. Customer interaction was disappointing. Seems to be miscommunication between field reps. Time will tell if the product holds up as well as proclaimed and the warranty for that matter.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I normally don't answer the door to sales people, but I am glad I did back in August. The young man, Andrew, rang my doorbell to try to sell me a new roof. I didn't want a new roof, but I was definitely in need of new windows. After a no pressure sales pitch, I agreed to set up an appointment to get an estimate on new windows. Tristan came to my house and after 3 hours, I was more than happy and ready to commit to have 11 windows replaced in my home. Tristan took the time to explain everything to me about the windows i.e., what they're made of, the quality, the efficiency of the glass used for the windows etc.

The next step was to have pre install measurements taken of all windows. A date for installation was set up at this meeting. October 29th as scheduled, my windows were replaced. The three installers were very professional and took great care to cover everything in my home so it wouldn't get dusty or dirty during the process. In fact, I think they left my home cleaner than when they walked in. Overall, my experience with Power was amazing. I love my new windows. I highly recommend them for all your home projects.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

We were looking to replace 20-year-old "builder" windows anyway when a guy canvassing the neighborhood approached me outdoors. I think it surprised him that I wanted to hear his pitch - which turned out to be a really excellent "Watch Mr. Wizard" demonstration. Some online checking showed them to be legitimate so I contracted to have 26 windows replaced for about $23,000.

They offered to finance this through Green Sky so I took that up - intending to just pay off the loan. The payments are loan given that it's financed over a 10 year period but the interest rate is 9.99%. I am paying about $100 over the required payment but that apparently is not used to reduce the principle but only to chop payments off the end of the loan. [I could be wrong.] Installation went smoothly enough but the crew did a less than stellar job of clean-up. I also loaned a battery-powered impact driver to them and never got it back. In the end, though I am happy with the new windows. The main benefit for me is a dramatic reduction in sound coming in from the neighbors.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Very professional from start to finish. Andrew, the sales rep provided very detail information on the product (windows). What caught my attention was the lifetime warranty. We scheduled the appointment and the installers arrived on time and was professional arriving. They install the windows and cleaned up behind themselves. Will definitely, use them again to install additional windows and other services.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Everyone was very pleasant and respectful of my property. They did an excellent job while installing my merchandise. They cleaned up after they were done with the project and answered all my questions.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

From the planning phase through to the windows being installed, the process was hassle free and the end results are beautiful! Definitely enjoying these new windows over the old ones! Rooms stay cooler and I can actually enjoy a fresh breeze

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

We have worked with Power on windows previously and now had them replace all of our siding, trim and gutters. The quality of their products continues to impress me. The siding looks amazing and has upgraded the curb appeal of our entire house. We also really appreciate the comfort of the lifetime warranty. We are very happy to that we went with Power for both projects (the windows are also amazing)!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Power is a great Home Remodeling company. They walk you through all the steps and are always in contact if anything needs to change relating to weather. The job was done perfectly and they cleaned up after. You wouldn't even know they did anything.

Power Home Remodeling Group author review by Jonathan Trout

Founded in 1992, Power Home Remodeling is a home remodeling company dedicated to energy efficiency and cost-saving renovations. They focus on using innovative technology and providing specialized help throughout the entire remodeling process to make sure you get the service and home you want.

• Energy efficiency: Your home’s energy efficiency is Power Home’s first priority. With innovative technology, like windows with efficient glass panels, Power Home can help make your home more cost-effective.

• Free estimates: You can get a free estimate from Power Home by giving them a little bit of information about where you live and your home improvement project. They will contact you for specifics and give you a free, no-obligation estimate.

• Warranties: Power Home offers several different warranties for their products, including a lifetime labor warranty for all installations as long as the purchaser lives in that home. Other warranties differ according to the specific remodel you’ve purchased.

• Personal attention: Contractors and installers from Power Home work with you one-on-one to build a personal relationship. You meet with these professionals to figure out how you can make your home the way you want it to be.

• Service areas: Power Home has operating licenses in 17 states. Originally based in the northeastern United States, Power Home has expanded to the Midwest and parts of the South. Check their online coverage list to see if they can work in your state.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team