Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Power Home Remodeling

Chester, PA

4.5/5 (136 ratings)
Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Power Home Remodeling

Power Home Remodeling provides efficient remodeling solutions to any of your window, roofing, siding, entry door or attic insulation needs. When you work with Power, you are guaranteed a job well done from a team that is responsible and professional. Don’t just take our word for it. Check out our customer reviews and testimonials below and see for yourself!

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Power Home Remodeling Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Power Home Remodeling?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Power Home Remodeling Group?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I have noticed that my air conditioner has been running less often and is on for shorter periods of time now that the windows are installed. On the down side, the install for my 14 windows had to be broken up due to 4 windows not being delivered before the install date. The 4 windows finally showed up 2 weeks later and were installed on a day I had to work so I was not able to inspect the finished install before having to sign that it was completed to my satisfaction. Later when I did get a chance to inspect the last 4 windows, I noticed that the little vents on the bottom that lets moisture drain but keeps bugs out were damaged or sealed with caulking.

On the first install date the crew that came out seemed to be competent and taking their time on the job, of course I was asking questions and watching most of the time. On the second date, while I was working, the install finished sooner than I thought it would, the before mentioned vents, and one window that has a curved top had a 4 inch paint drip from where they painted the curved board above the window to match the trim around the rest of the window. Besides minor issues, that could have been avoided if my work schedule was not so volatile, I'm happy with the windows. Just waiting on the door replacement to finish the work order.

Original review: June 7, 2021

Power Home Remodeling installed our roof in May 2021. All the staff were professional, courteous, and informative throughout the entire process. Our sales representative did a walkthrough and scheduled a time for the pre-install inspection within a week: he really did an amazing job. The pre-install team also did a walkthrough and discussed everything that would happen on the day of installation. They took the time to answer all my questions. The installation crew came on time and were very friendly, courteous, and respectful of our property. I was happy to see that pre-install staff were also overseeing the project.

The Quality Control Inspector came out later that afternoon to ensure everything was going smoothly and took the time to sit with us reviewing what has been done, what needs to be completed and going over the warranty. We even got money back because we did not need the wood sheathing, so that was nice. The crew did an amazing job cleaning up. Thank you all!

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Started with a knock on the door and so we weren’t really sure but this turned out awesome. From the original meeting with Angelo, we were impressed. He went over everything for windows, gutters, and siding and we ended up just doing the siding and gutters for now but we will definitely come back for the windows. Guy did a great pre-install inspection to double check everything, redo the measurements, and confirm the colors, etc... The installation ended up ahead of schedule, which was great. And the communication around the different steps, when they would be here, was strong. Dan and the crew with him for the gutter installation were awesome! They had to solve from some really tricky bits and they did a great job. And down to the inspector, Dave, everything was great. He was super thorough and detailed to make sure were satisfied and he even noticed stuff that we hadn’t seen.

Original review: April 7, 2021

An excellent doors and windows company from Denver: Although they usually have to schedule you out a few months, because they are quite busy, they are thorough and accommodating, and their product is excellent. They had to match the outside color of the vinyl windows to my HOA's specs, and get approval from my HOA, which they did seamlessly. They installed 2 high quality windows in under 3 hours. Windows open both directions, which is a plus and have great UV protection and look and work great!

I originally was going to do windows with them 2 years ago, but because of a back surgery and extended recovery and financial issues, they graciously let me cancel my contract at that point, which was a blessing. I like the fact that you can spread out the work on your house, and do just the windows you can afford: I did just 2 windows this go around in March of this year, and plan to finish doing the rest on my townhome in the near future.

Original review: March 9, 2021

As a new homeowner, I had windows on my list but wasn’t actively looking for budget quotes. However, an opportunity for a commitment-free quote presented itself when Power Home and Remodeling was injured neighborhood and their representative, Brody, asked me if I would be interested in a free estimate consultation. The exchange was very professional and respectful of COVID guidelines.

I scheduled a consultation and met with Leanna a couple days later and was absolutely blown away with how thorough her presentation was as well as her respectfulness for my time and space. The technology of the windows was next level from what I am used to seeing in my career as an architect, and Leanna was able to answer my millions of questions regarding coatings, warranty, and comparable prices. I had such an excellent experience with her, as well as the preinstall inspection with Jordan. Every step and next step was explained well by the Power representatives I interacted with.

My install date went smoothly-the install team showed up on time and were very efficient and respectful of my pets and property. A Power quality assurance rep, Dave, came out to explain the quality assurance process and what they were inspecting as well as identified other potential house items to look at for future products. I was so impressed by all my interactions and my conversation with Dave, I added replacing five more windows with Power that same day. It was an overall easy and customer-oriented experience, and I would wholeheartedly recommend this company to my friends and family.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

First, let's start with the salesman. Once they start their script they will not stop. I had to put my baby to bed, and he did not care. He came at 6 pm and at 10 pm he was still talking. I didn't need the salesman because I already wanted to get their product. I just needed him to start the contract, which should take 5 minutes but he decided to start talking for hours. Then, the installation. They guys were super nice... but they ruined my blinds in the process. They put a sliding door and did not remove my blinds, a 900 USD blinds ruined. They tried cleaning it but the cleaning product they used discolored the actual blinds. The blinds were new; they only had 4 months. Brand NEW beautiful 900-dollar blinds now discolored with white patches.

Then the customer service. So, since I paid their service in full, I thought that I could call customer service and ask them to fix my blinds or paid for them, anything really to solve the problem. They pass you around from one person to another on the phone and keep you waiting. Allow me to illustrate the situation. "Hi, Power, what is your name, address where the job was done, the date of the job, what is the reference/job number and how can I help you?" After you answer all this, and you explain that they ruined your blinds... "Oh, let me transfer you to the right department." 15 minutes later... "Hi, power, what is your name, address where the job was done, the date of the job, what is the reference/job number and how can I help you?" So you answer all their questions again, and explain the situation. "Oh, let me transfer you to the right department" and an endless cycle continues.

I contacted them about my blinds one month ago, never heard from them. I send them an email with pictures of the blinds, never got a response from them. THE WORST THING is that the only reason I decided to get their product was because they promise life-time warranty on their windows. The house I have has their windows already.

One day, a salesman knocks at the door and starts telling me that they can change one of my windows because it was old, and they can do it for free because of the life-time warranty. So I said, "Sure." And then he asked if I needed a new window or door and I thought if it has life-time warranty then yes. He said,"Yes." He put me on the phone with someone at their offices to get the "old" window replaced for free. He said someone was going to come for a free quote. I said, "I don't have time for unnecessary steps. I want the sliding door, and I will pay right now. Just show up and do the job." He said, "no, we will send somebody to do the measurements." The day of the appointment, who do you think shows up??? A salesman. After talking for 4 to 5 hours, he makes an appointment with the guy who is actually going to take the measurements. By the way... that old window, IT WAS NEVER REPLACED.

Power Home Remodeling response

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Power. We apologize for any inconvenience or undue frustration, as we certainly do not intend to impart these feelings upon homeowners. If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach out to our Customer Care Department at customercare@powerhrg.com or 888-736-6335, option 4 at the prompt. We’ll make sure to do everything we can to satisfy your expectations and deliver the type of service you expect and deserve.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I met Power by someone knocking at my door. All of the staff has been friendly and professional. The sales person gave a very thorough demonstration and explain things very well to me. The overall product demo displayed all of the quality features that I was looking for plus the timing was right. I have had a great experience installing 17 windows into my home. Overall I would rate them as a 4.5 star experience but that’s only because I am currently still having the windows installed and want to see the final results.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

Had an excellent experience all the way from sales to final installation. Very professionally done and great quality. I would certainly recommend Power and would rehire them again for any of my future home projects.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

We love our new home! From the initial visit and introduction to the final install and inspection everyone on the Power Home Remodeling has been professional, friendly, and superior in their communication. The products are high quality, great-looking, and very energy-efficient! We feel like we're living in a brand new home! We couldn't be more satisfied or happier with our experience from start to finish.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Today is December 3, 2021, and our windows STILL haven’t been installed. October 26th was our initial window install date. We took off work and moved furniture from the windows in each room in preparation for the install. That was a wasted day of leave. When I called PHR the first time the person apologized and suggested we move our furniture back until all of the windows arrive (REALLY!!). I thought his suggestion was insensitive. He did not know the effort it took to move furniture so the installers would have space to work. Moving the furniture back would be even more of an inconvenience. Here were our choices:

1. Move the furniture back and have to move it again when the installers arrive (triple work and inconvenience) or,

2. Leave the furniture in the dining room and other areas in the house until after the install which at this point may be after Christmas or the New Year (Inconvenience).

We were given two separate arrival dates and there were shipping delays for both dates. We have been extremely patient and understanding about the delays, but it is getting frustrating. Today, I called PHR (610-874-5000) and spoke to a person and then transferred to I believe the installation department. The person initially was professional and polite but once I expressed my displeasure, he became condescending, tried to interrupt me while I was talking and would not take ownership with the delay. He blamed shipping and said he has no control over that.

As a customer, Sales, Shipping, Installation and Professionalism are part of the PHR package and should be of most importance to the company but obviously he didn't think so. Due to my inconvenience, I asked for compensation (a discount or something!!!) so this horrible experience would be tolerable. That's when my experience became ever worse. He said he couldn't do anything about compensation in a real dismissive way. Then he said to me TWICE, "What do you want me to do? You haven't even paid for the windows". Wait What?!!! I signed a contract so regardless of whether I made my first payment or not I am still locked into this contract which I have to pay. So let me get this straight, the customer is inconvenienced and there is nothing that can be done?

My wife then told the person that she took off twice from work for the install. I heard him say to my wife, "Well no one told you to take off and you are not getting compensated for that if that's where you are going." At that time I took the phone from my wife and told him that he is unprofessional and not to talk to my wife like that. I asked for his name. He said his name was Patrick. I don't know if that is true though. I was already frustrated about the experience and inconvenience, but I became even more angry with "Patrick's" unprofessionalism towards me and my wife. "Patrick" began interrupting me as I was expressing my displeasure with his condescending and disrespectful attitude. He then apologized that we felt he was being condescending and disrespectful (key word "we felt"). At that point I couldn't continue communicating with a person that I felt didn't care about his customers, so I hung up the phone.

Now our new date of shipping is December 13th. At this rate it will be 2022 and we still will not have our windows installed. This experience with Power Home Remodeling at best has been disappointing, regretful, and inexcusable. My question to you is what ever happened to old school company norms and values with customers. I remember when businesses would compensate customers for bad experiences. I am not demanding anything. I'm only asking what I feel is fair and reasonable. They are only concerned with you signing the contract instead of a satisfied customer.

Power Home Remodeling response

Power Home Remodeling Group author review by Jonathan Trout

Founded in 1992, Power Home Remodeling is a home remodeling company dedicated to energy efficiency and cost-saving renovations. They focus on using innovative technology and providing specialized help throughout the entire remodeling process to make sure you get the service and home you want.

• Energy efficiency: Your home’s energy efficiency is Power Home’s first priority. With innovative technology, like windows with efficient glass panels, Power Home can help make your home more cost-effective.

• Free estimates: You can get a free estimate from Power Home by giving them a little bit of information about where you live and your home improvement project. They will contact you for specifics and give you a free, no-obligation estimate.

• Warranties: Power Home offers several different warranties for their products, including a lifetime labor warranty for all installations as long as the purchaser lives in that home. Other warranties differ according to the specific remodel you’ve purchased.

• Personal attention: Contractors and installers from Power Home work with you one-on-one to build a personal relationship. You meet with these professionals to figure out how you can make your home the way you want it to be.

• Service areas: Power Home has operating licenses in 17 states. Originally based in the northeastern United States, Power Home has expanded to the Midwest and parts of the South. Check their online coverage list to see if they can work in your state.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team