Power Home Remodeling

Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Power Home Remodeling

Power Home Remodeling provides installation service on a handful of exterior products, with a focus on energy efficiency. It installs high-end asphalt shingles for roof replacements as well as siding, windows, entry doors, solar panels and attic insulation. The company has 18 locations throughout the U.S., but it is licensed to work in 20 states.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Focus on energy efficiency for all products
  • Free project estimates
  • Limited lifetime workmanship warranty
Cons
  • Limited roofing choices
  • Only offers installation services
  • Expensive

Featured Reviews

Verified
Crystal Lake, IL

Everyone we have talked to, met with, or who worked on our property was fantastic. The whole experience has exceeded our expectations. They were clear, concise, knowledgeable and ...

Verified
Loveland, CO

I want to give a big shout-out to Power and all of their employees. ... Kudos to everyone involved in my home improvement project from start to completion. Excellent job and would...

Our editors’ take

Power Home Remodeling is a good choice for eco-friendly homeowners who don’t mind paying extra to limit their carbon footprint. The company is focused on energy-efficient materials for its exterior remodeling projects. If you need a new roof, your only option will be asphalt shingles, so if you’re interested in a different material, you’ll need to look elsewhere. But you can turn to the company for siding, windows, doors and solar panels.

Power Home Remodeling roofing services

Power Home Remodeling focuses primarily on roof installation, more specifically just installing asphalt shingles. The company works exclusively with GAF designer shingles, which come in a handful of designs and colors. The company has also partnered with GAF to create the Fortitude Shingle, which comes in four colors and is available in select areas nationwide.

Power Home Remodeling doesn’t provide repairs to roofs it didn’t install.

Other Power Home Remodeling services

Homeowners can partner with Power Home Remodeling to work on a few other exterior projects. The company can install insulated vinyl siding, entry doors, windows and gutters. To help with energy efficiency inside, Power Home Remodeling installs attic insulation. Lastly, you can work with the contractor to install solar panels on your roof.

Just like with its roofing services, the company focuses only on installation of these products. It doesn’t offer repairs for products it didn’t install.

Power Home Remodeling roofing costs

When it comes to new roofing installation, prices can vary greatly depending on several factors. Besides labor, the roofing material you choose makes up a large portion of the cost. With Power Home Remodeling, though, there is only one choice for the material: asphalt shingles. The average cost for asphalt shingles is between $5,800 and $12,700. The number of stories on your house and the roof pitch will also affect this price.

While Power Home Remodeling doesn’t list specific costs on its website, it does mention, “We don’t aspire to be the cheapest option — because cheap means cutting corners on quality.” So, you can probably expect the cost to be on the higher end of this price range. The company provides a free estimate, which is good for up to one year.

Financing

Like most remodeling companies, Power Home Remodeling offers financing options. However, you’ll need to speak with the company directly to learn more about your options and rates.

Power Home Remodeling warranty

Power Home Remodeling offers a lifetime warranty on its labor. However, the contract will be terminated once you transfer homeownership. Keep in mind that it’s only for issues with the labor, so failure to maintain one of its products is not covered under the warranty.

Besides the labor warranty, you will receive a manufacturer’s warranty for any products the company installs — from the roofing and siding to windows and doors. All warranties are available to review on the company’s website.

Where is Power Home Remodeling available?

Power Home Remodeling has state licenses to operate in the following 20 states: Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin.

As for actual office locations, the company is headquartered in Chester, Pennsylvania, and has set up shop near several major metropolitan areas:

• Atlanta
  • San Antonio
  • Tampa, Florida
  • Trumbull, Connecticut

Power Home Remodeling FAQ

Does Power Home Remodeling provide roof inspections?

The company will provide a free onsite inspection to give an estimate for roof installation. However, it doesn’t appear the company will provide roof inspections for any other purpose.

Does Power Home Remodeling offer emergency services?

Power Home Remodeling doesn’t mention offering emergency services.

Will Power Home Remodeling work with my home insurance company?

Most home insurance companies only cover full roof replacement if it was damaged by a covered peril. Speak with your insurance provider about your options. But if you only need repairs, you’ll need to choose a different roofing company.

When was Power Home Remodeling founded?

Power Home Remodeling was founded in 1992.

How many locations does Power Home Remodeling have?

The company holds state licenses in 20 states and has 18 office locations throughout the country.

Is Power Home Remodeling legit?

Yes, Power Home Remodeling is a legitimate business with 18 offices throughout the country. It provides installation services for roofing, siding, windows, doors, solar panels and attic insulation. The company is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (with an A+ rating at the time of publishing) and is a GAF Master Elite Contractor.

Most reviews of the company are positive, though there are some complaints about communication issues and the use of door-to-door sales tactics.

Power Home Remodeling Reviews

Stars Rating

• 90%
  • 6%
  • 1%
  • 1%
  • 2%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Power Home Remodeling Group?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Power Home Remodeling Group?
    Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2024

My wife and I were thinking about replacing windows when a salesman from Power Home Remodeling stopped by, he was quite polite and we set up an appointment with a remodeling consultant. For that appointment we worked with Trey ** who did an excellent job at showing us the type of window (Pella) that Power Home Remodeling installs and walked us through issues that he found with the windows. The issues were things we were somewhat aware of, but he was able to talk through the possible issues to not dealing with the issues. He also was able to talk through the various advantages of the windows and was able to put out an estimate for replacing all the windows as well as an estimate for replacing the windows in the worst condition.

The window demonstration was excellent. The best part of the demonstration was showing how Pella windows blocks a significant amount of heat in comparison to most other brands as well as being significantly easier to operate than the windows we currently had installed. After we signed to replace windows, we were sent a final inspector to ensure the initial measurements were correct and we were able to add a grid onto the front windows. After this the windows were ordered (thus we would not be able to make any changes). This inspector (Kevin?) also was very polite and explained exactly the process and walked through what we would have to do for the day of installation (primarily just move stuff away from the windows).

The installation of the windows went smoothly, the team doing this was very efficient and did an excellent job on installation as well as doing a great cleanup job afterwards. After the installation the windows operated as expected and looked great as well. Power Home Remodeling sent a quality assurance inspector out after the installation and he verified the work and noted one glass deficiency (a minor manufacturing flaw) and was able to get that pane reordered for replacement. The replacement only requires the piece to be removed and the new one placed in, quite unintrusive.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2024

A guy from Power knocked on my door asking if I was interested in a free estimate. I was not interested at the time for any roof work but agreed to it since it was guaranteed to be good for a full year. The person that inspected the roof took a look around and was very thorough in his inspection. Before he showed me any of his findings, he went through a presentation that helped me learn more about his company as whole and be better informed about the types of things that they look for and their inspecting. After explaining everything and making sure I understood all the aspects of the roof, he showed me what he had found. This helped me make a better informed decision and avoid making a decision that I would regret.

They offered a discount if I agreed to the job in that same day which put on a pressure on me to accept the job but while the salesperson was telling me about this discount. He also ensured that I considered my options and not make a rushed decision. I would definitely have liked to have a bit more time to think on the huge purchase that I was making but I think this is more of a policy issue rather than the salesperson putting pressure on me as a customer. Even with that in mind I still felt that I had made the right decision. Every person that came to visit my house before the work was started had great attitude. After the initial salesperson, one other person from power came to ensure the job was priced correctly and materials were ordered correctly. Both prepared me well for what was to come as the day of the install was getting closer.

I also received multiple calls confirming everything so I was never taken by surprise. The day before the install the materials and the dumpsters were dropped off. I would have liked to be told once they had been dropped off but no one knocked on my door to just give me a heads up so that was a bit disappointing but not a huge deal. The roof installers came at the agreed time and did the work well. They cleaned up after themselves and it looked as if they had never been here in the first place. The last step in the process was a walkthrough with a quality person and that was also a good experience. He made sure I was satisfied with the work and answered all my questions. Overall, I would definitely recommend working with this company and will definitely consider using their other services.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Verified purchase
      Installation & SetupPricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2023

We were very impressed with all of the employees of Power Home Remodeling. From the first individual, Chandon, who respectfully asked if we wanted a free quote on window and door replacement to Zachary, who impressed us with the windows, exclusive to Power, made by Pella. Then another

gentleman (Can't seem to remember his name, but he was excellent) who verified all the measurements and checked all the local rules and regulations for window and door replacement was equally impressive. On the day of installation, Elias, with his crew also impressed us with the speed and efficiency they installed our new windows. They cleaned up inside and out spotlessly. Our windows work flawlessly. I have been opening one or two almost every day, marveling at how effortlessly they operate. Before, my wife would always have me open a window for her. Now when she wants, she just opens it herself!

Then Ryan came by to check on the installation and make sure to answer any questions we may have had. We discussed the windows we did not have done and our gutters and trim. Power had a finance offer of no interest for a year that, along with our excitement over the new windows won us over to finish the whole house. Next, Alton and his crew came out to do the trim and gutters. Another amazing crew who made our house look so good, and the gutters and downspouts are amazing. They also cleaned up everything.

Finally the last windows were made and another crew headed by Tom came out and finished our house. Again cleaning up after themselves inside and out. Couldn't be happier with the finished product. We had been wanting to replace our windows, gutters, and downspouts, but weren't sure of who to have do this project. I would recommend Power Home Remodeling to anyone considering the same. They offer a free quote, and wait until you see the windows for yourself. I think you will be impressed as well.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2023

Their employees are very professional and knowledgeable. We had full confidence in the superiority of their product and the proper training of the installation staff. The pre-installation appointment missed explaining the option of capping the trim around the windows, which left us to make a day of decision based on the information we found online and the little information that the foreman gave. I do believe that there could’ve been better communication between preinstall and install dates. There was a foreman present throughout the installation, however we were never shown exactly how to operate our windows, even the day after when the quality inspector was here.

The installation crew could’ve taken a bit more care during the project. They used paint thinner to clean up after the caulk and things, which damaged the finish on a few tables tops where they placed the spray bottles. Our home also smelled horrible of paint thinner for 12 hours after the work was complete and that was with multiple air purifiers going throughout the house. We can still smell it slightly now, 17 hrs after completion. It gave us headaches, it was so strong a smell.

We were informed that our current 2” blinds might not fit back because of the thickness of the windows. At the selling point, we were told they would come in about 2 inches more into home, reducing the space for blinds and of our window sills. We measured and thought we would have enough space to reinstall the blinds. At preinstall, we were informed that most likely they wouldn’t fit, but based on the information at the sale, we still had high hopes they would fit, but acknowledged in writing that they may not fit. The 2” estimation was wrong, windows come in more like 3-3.35”, leaving only about 1” of space to install brackets for blinds, which probably won’t be enough to use our existing blinds.

The day after the work, we were informed that our siding was in poor condition and they wouldn’t have recommended the capping on the trim, which was already done. This was pretty frustrating to hear after the work was complete. However, we were offered another quote for work that needed to be done on the trim and soffits. We do appreciate the attention to detail and the quote as we know that work needs to be done, but we still weren’t shown how to operate the windows after stating that we needed to be shown. This makes it feel as though there’s a larger emphasis on selling as opposed to customer service, which I don’t believe to be the case. I think it just got overlooked twice.

The last thing I’ll say is they offer really great day-of discounts but they disappear after the employee leaves your home. This leaves the homeowner in a high pressure situation to make a decision on the spot, which was very uncomfortable for us. With as kind and professional a staff, I do recommend that Power consider extending these offers to be available at least 24hrs after the quote and better yet, 48 hours! It’s a shame that the homeowner has minutes to consider moving forward with such large projects to receive the best price offer.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 15, 2023

We were looking for some home remodeling for our 23 year old home. We were exploring gutters (had gotten gutter guards, what a waste), window replacements, and some insulation improvements for our attic. We knew the cost of this work was going to be significant, but our home is even more now, a big investment, and we wanted to keep it up and continue to enjoy it for years to come. So when a sales rep came by, the timing was right, and we reluctantly initially agreed to "hear their pitch" and see what they had to offer.

The first contact pre-sales person was full of energy and seriously working in the right job. Kudos on placement there of that resource Power, we wouldn't be here today if he hadn't made a strong case. He was not too pushy, but confident and made a good case for a salesperson to come by and show us more and answer our questions. The Power team was incredible from the start! We have had some recent bad experiences with contractors/sales people promising the world and then passing work to contractors and persons not even associated with the company in any way. And the results were subpar and disappointing. I had done some research and we were down to Andersen and Pella for our window sources. We were pleased to see they were exclusive Pella installers, and reported to us some custom made ones designed for Power team were used on their installations.

The salespersons showed us VERY thoroughly the benefit of the windows, the attic installation, and the increased size of the gutters to accommodate more our steep roof and volume of water. We have been experiencing runoff over our recently added gutter guards that was problematic. We had lots of questions and he was able to answer them all. Gives me hope for our younger generation, as he was only slightly older than our two younger children. It was his birthday, and after a marathon session or demo, agreeing on scope of the initial work he even stayed for a bite, as my wife was completing dinner and offered to him some as the evening was approaching. I don't think we sang happy birthday, but I'm sure he will likely not forget our visit, we didn't!

As we were completing the sales contract, we installed the Pulse app on our phones (written exclusively for Power and in that I work in IT and come across some bad apps, this was seriously well done). We were immediately able to see pre-photos he had just uploaded and our products purchased on the screen. Over the next few weeks we were able to check on status of installation, refer to pictures and all the agreements and that were part of each installation. This all made the experience very smooth. Not that the Power team and support staff weren't awesome as well! More on that below. As the installation dates approached the support staff called us to confirm the dates and we would be available as originally planned. Then the day before the first installation date a pre-install tech came around and verified all the measurements and details of the work to be performed.

I'll pause here to say, we were very pleased to find that all of the staff from Sales to support to the installation techs and quality teams are ALL full time employees of Power. As I mentioned our past experiences were sales heavy in promise with subpar execution by staff that were contractors, not associated with the salespersons at all. And the results showed. They certainly didn't verify, confirm, provide project status updates real time or follow up post on installation satisfaction. The Power team was there every step of the way and ALL coordinated and professional.

The day of the install each installation lead contacted us directly en-route to confirm again we were home and updated us on arrival time, all arrived within the scheduled time agreed for installation. All three distinctly trained teams for each effort were amazing. All of them! I can't say that strong enough! Each team was highly professional and took very good care not to damage our house moving materials in, out, and around our property, and were each very good at what they were doing. In talking to each, they each had several years of doing their work prior to coming to work for Power, each of them in their own right had praise for how happy they were at Power compared to the prior work experiences.

During the work, and due to my past bad experiences, I like to "walk about" and check on progress, and each team was accommodating and were not offended in any way. They were quick to answer any questions I had and even provided some quick tips and tricks they used to make sure it was done correctly. As each team was completing the work, we walked around and were shown how to operate the windows and the attic zipper at the top of the stars leading to the attic.

What a surprise that was, in addition to the barrier on the upper joists and the expected blown in insulation, the zipper seal I'm sure will provide additional "air" seal to keep the house below as cool or warm as intended without "leaking" it upwards into the attic. I could already feel the difference in the heat reduction in our attic. It was still warm, but not the likely 130+ we were experiencing in the past. More like lower 100's. I'm excited to see how much all of that is going to impact our heating and cooling expenses.

Our window team lead Alex was amazing. When I asked politely the origin of his accent, I found out he's from Brazil, to which expanded to some great discussions about "Football" (soccer for us Americans :P ). He was a Big fan and we became quick friends. I think in our very nice discussion about Messi coming to the states and all. All the while he was banging out very professional installations without a pause and even shared some amazing tricks on caulking. If you're like me I always bought the cheaper brand like $3, he was quick to make the case to get the $14 tube, and the results I saw were clear and powerful as the seal and crisp caulk work showed that off big time.

The Pella windows didn't disappoint. The quality of work, and the operation was amazing. Our old windows wouldn't "move" very easily or at all frankly. These new windows VERY easily slid quietly and soundly. The "lips" on each end to grab and do that made it very easy. The locking mechanism was smooth, and you could feel the quality of them as well. There is a "security" pop out also that will keep the windows from raising or lowering the top section beyond it. We had windows with a grid within them, and we decided on the clear design. The clear view of our backyard is amazing! We had ones that had a grid in them, but I'm glad we decided to go with a clear window. We have even had a bird run into our window already it is so clear and clean. Birds lovers like me will be happy to know the bird was stunned but recovered and flew off.

We were promised these windows would block sound. Let me tell you they do! Near our bedroom windows we could clearly hear the outside AC compressor kick on and off. As I called my wife over she was amazed as in the evening with the window open we could here the crickets, frogs, dogs, and of course the compressor. As soon as I shut it, zippo - nothing - dead silence. Simply Amazing. Sleeping will be incredible. After we completed our last installation, we were visited by the QA member of the Power team, again a full time associate of Power, and he inspected each window, the attic, and the gutters, taking pictures and going over it all with us in review. He also went over our financing terms. We had decided to finance with them as well, and that also was shown in our phone app.

I will say that we did trim the installation a bit during our initial purchase to keep costs lower, but were immediately having buyers' regret as we only had done the top floor on the front of the house, and the new windows looked amazing compared to the old ones. Our QA resource, Brandon, was also quick to note that all the spider webs near our old windows were due to the spiders building them near airflow to get the prey. There is an unfortunate amount of air leaking around them that was evident, and this was an interesting fact to ponder as we have been frustrated with our spider population around them. We also had a couple of larger windows that we held back on that were needing replacement that were needing help.

We were offered a good deal to complete another phase and as I mentioned we were regretting not going all in, and given all the super folks and quality of work done, we are excited to be extending our scope and will be starting round two in a couple weeks to complete some needed repairs. We were even able to get our initial installation tech scheduled to complete the remainder of the windows.

I usually don't write these reviews, certainly not of this length, but this team from start to finish has been incredible. We are VERY pleased with the outcome, and were very happy with everyone that we came in contact with at Power, again all full time employees of the core company and not sub contractors. If you are considering home improvements, you owe it to yourself to consider this team for your work. I think you will find you won't regret it.

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed June 12, 2024

Used Power Home Remodeling to get new windows installed. Throughout the entire process I was kept in the know of what steps were happening to meet installation date. Every interaction with an employee was very professional and comfortable, no pressure, no judgement.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceStaff

Reviewed June 11, 2024

We are extremely dissatisfied with the service provided by Power Remodeling. Their communication has been poor, and they should not promise products they can't deliver. Our issues began with the color of the door, which was only somewhat resolved. Then, the door lock was not what we were promised. We could have found a better price elsewhere but chose to pay extra, expecting superior service, which we never received. We had planned to have other projects done on other properties, but after this experience, we have changed our minds. I called and spoke with them, but they absolved themselves of responsibility once the door was installed. I noted on the final signature that the wrong lock had to be installed since the door was already in place, and it was 8 PM. We couldn't leave the door without a lock. The installation team told me to write a note and call the 1-800 number, but this has not resolved the issue.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 10, 2024

Second time using Power Home Remodeling. They are professional, courteous, and did a great job. The installers arrive on time and did a thorough clean up when finished. We would highly recommend Power for any window project.

Reviewed June 7, 2024

It is not often that I deal with solicitors, but in the case of Power it turned out to be a positive move. From the day of the estimate until a few days later, the job was done to perfection. My comments regarding can only be viewed as positive and I certainly recommend them for consideration to any homeowner looking for quality work.

Verified purchase
      Installation & Setup

Reviewed June 5, 2024

The windows are nice, but in the masters rooms I didn’t like the windows, too small. My AC didn’t fit. I bought a small AC. Didn’t fits. I have to take out one of the windows to install the AC and I have a big space in the top that I cover with plastic. I’m very disappointed. Make sure that he installs the windows that you want not the one that the company wants to sell you.

Power Home Remodeling Company Information