Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Oster Microwave Reviews

Original review: July 13, 2019

The microwave works well but has some minor drawbacks such as noise as it is off but cooling. As it ages it is more likely to not sense my fingers as I try to program it even tho numbers appear clean and no reason finger touch not to work at first touch.

Original review: July 4, 2019

This model has a grill feature which my husband loves & I love the stainless steel mirror look! All heating functions work great & it was a great price! Only recommendation I would have, & this applies to all microwaves that I've used, is the under turntable carousel device. There must be a better design because it's easy to break or is topsy-turvy. I'm not sure why any manufacturer hasn't created a built-in one yet while keeping the removable glass plate for cleaning purposes. I hope to see this in the future & it would be worth paying a little extra for.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I have had this microwave for several years now and it has always performed as expected. So far, my wife and I have only used it for warming up leftovers. My wife also uses it to make corn-on-a-cob. It works perfectly for this particular task and is very quick. I would definitely purchase this same type of unit again.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Easy to understand and operate, no complicated controls. Never had a repair, over 10 years old. Cooks anything easily, has separate controls for each food you are cooking, pizza, popcorn, frozen vegetables, meat, defrosting. Mine is 1000 watts and cooks most foods adequately for me. It has a glass turntable, easy to remove and clean, mine happens to be portable and not installed above my stove. It is moderately sized yet will accommodate a large casserole dish if needed. The front is dark glass but can be seen through while running since it is lighted inside. I wouldn’t buy any other brand since I have had such good luck with Oster.

Original review: July 1, 2019

My only issue with the microwave is a 30 seconds button. The size is great and I bought it in black. Easy to clean, I've had it almost a year, and the buttons show no indications where you hit all the time. I chose black to match my other Oster product. They behind the products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oster?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Bought New Microwave that Walmart sold. Only got to use it a few months and then it stopped heating. My last microwave I got 15 years. This Oster microwave only a few months. $100 wasted. Plus now have to dispose of it well $$$. Unbelievable would never recommend the brand or buy again. Think twice also buying any kind of appliances from Walmart now.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Interior of microwave rusted after less than 1 year of use. Rusting occurred in the bottom circular ring. Appeared the paint completely dissolved away. Rust caused sparking inside microwave and a fire hazard.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Purchased microwave 3 and a half weeks ago. Did not work shortly after plugging in. Returned for replacement. Replacement unit lasted 3 weeks and quit heating food. Now I have to return this 2nd one. Not buying same model.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

My son bought a Oster microwave almost 3 years ago. We loved it but noticed the paint under the turntable was getting bubbly. Now it is all rusty along with the frame where the door seals. My old one, a Panasonic, lasted almost 15 years! Guess I have to go to a different brand!???

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I have been buying microwaves since the early 1980s. Within a day I noticed a dark brown spot on bottom of microwave. Then within a day after, the PAINT peeled on the bottom and it was RUST underneath!!! I called them, they offered me half my money back without a receipt. Not good enough, this is more than a piece of junk, this CHINA GARBAGE is not properly made. Instead of microwave safe powder coating that is a 1/4 thick, this company used CHINA'S chemical laden very thin coat of PAINT that has been leaching into OUR FOODS! Now that there is RUST of the bottom, the microwave can spark and blow up! DON'T EVER BUY A SUNBEAM OR OSTER AGAIN! This was NOT cheap either! I can't express how dangerous these are! What kind of hazardous chemicals has been going into my food??!!! It is only obvious since it is a thin coat of China's nasty chemical paint! Wow! Time a class action on OSTER!

Oster Microwave Company Information