Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

152 Oster Microwave Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 8, 2019

I have had this Oster 1100 1.6cu for 6 months. It is literally rusting out around the inside door and the bottom crease in the back of the microwave. The microwave retains a lot of moisture once it turns off. Now I leave my door open until it dries out or I wipe it out. I will NEVER buy another OSTER or Hamilton Beach. (My daughter's Hamilton Beach did the same thing. She bought something else.) Not worth emailing the company. I was told they were not sympathetic to their product's rusting. Would like to use different words but they would get deleted

Original review: March 15, 2019

Have had this for about one year. Was melting butter in a microwave safe bowl with a microwave cover. Starting making a funny noise prior to electrical sparks in the unit. I quickly unplugged it. Smells like electrical fire. Called warranty dept. They told me butter causes sparks and I would need to plug it back in and turn it on to see if it is still sparking! I told them no way and they pretty much told me I was out of luck. Of course there was no manager for me to talk to and was told I would have to call back... DO NOT BUY THIS. I offered to send pictures or even send the unit back and was told that was not an option.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Had this microwave less than a year and the TIME COOK does not work. Only the express cook. Very irritating. Sent an email to Oster over a month ago and no response. Always had a Sharp in the past and they lasted for years.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

The paint has bubbled and rusted yet under another microwave oven. My first was a Sharp now an Oster Microwave. No coverage after 90 days. Contacted Oster and I was told to quit using however they would not replace. What is going on with Microwaves? Are they using cheap paint inside the ovens???

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Purchased the Oster microwave in late Jan 2017 after buying our first house. It just died yesterday. Not even a year later. Didn't use it more than once a day, if that. Paid $75 for it. This is unacceptable. Nothing but good reviews before we purchased it, now there are all the same reviews. Dead or rusted out. I don't have my receipt, or the paperwork that came with it anymore. What now?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oster?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I have an Oster microwave for less than 2 years and the bottom plate has rusted out with holes in it. The microwave I had before this one lasted me many years, only reason I replaced it was to get this bigger model.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Had microwave for one month and it quit heating. Everything else works fine, but no heat. There does not appear a way to reset it. Wish I had the reviews before buying one. Paid $200 for it and did not keep box or receipt.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I bought my unit about 3 years ago. It would heat (burn) food in the middle and food on edge wouldn’t heat. I would move plates around to compensate. Today all I was doing was setting the clock because of the timeframe. For some reason the light inside flickered off and on. My control panel went dark. I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Had some lights on panel but they went out again. Now nothing works! I’ve had other microwaves that have lasted for years. Never been so disappointed. My Oster toaster is just as bad. It only toasts one side, when it toasts. If I turn it up just a bit, it burns the toast!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Partial display a few months after purchasing. Paint started to peal almost a year. Tossed the receipt because originally I found good reviews. I had a 20 trouble Panasonic that still looked good. Should have had it repaired.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

We purchased out Oster 1.6 cu ft microwave w/ sensor from Walmart last night. Got home and plugged it in, and NO HEAT! I called customer service this morning. "JOHN" advised me it probably sat in China too long, then the USA warehouse and needed reprogrammed. Takes 10 mins. He walked me through it and NOTHING. He said 5% are junk. Reading these reviews, I see that the majority stop heating too soon. Our never did at all! So, back to Walmart to return it, and then somewhere else to purchase a different brand completely. Sad. They know this is a problem, yet, nothing is done.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I bought this unit at Target about a year ago and beyond the issues of getting the timer and clock to properly function, we have experienced the same product flaw as others wrote of on this and other websites. The carousel track has burnt/melted through and it gives off a smell warning of an electrical fire. It is CLEARLY not fit to be used and deserves a full refund and recall before someone gets hurt using it! 20 thumbs DOWN on this badly flawed product! IF this review allowed for pictures, I'd provide them.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Same exact experience as all the others. Less than a year old and completely rusted, melted paint and plastic, ran with door open and couldn’t stop it without unplugging, started arcing from all the rust and is a SERIOUS FIRE Hazard!!!! The manual that came with it says Westinghouse, so they are in on the blame WES1450 and 1452 and JES1453. Huge pile of crap!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I purchase a Oster microwave and appox. five or six months ago, the numbers and cook selections starting to come off the control pad making it impossible to see. This happen with just using your fingertip pad. I tried to contact Oster but cannot find a contact number to call or e-mail them.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Just bought it three days ago at Walmart. We used it to heat up some water and it shut off completely after a 2 min use. Smelled like melting plastic. Top of housing is too hot to touch. Will return it to the store and NEVER buy an Oster product again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Just over a year old and our Oster Microwave has rusted out. Kind of reminds me of an Old AMC Gremlin that I owned. Rust started to form around the doors. Got worse and worse like cancer. After 3 months around the door rusted so bad we could not close the door anymore. The rust blistered and made lumps around the door so no seal. What a piece of junk. Using real cheap paint I'm guessing to save a buck.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Purchased an Oster microwave oven model EG034AL7-X1 and there was no user manual included in the package. Now I'm being told that the manual is not available for downloading on their website. I purchased this oven for the new grilling feature, but it is useless because I do not know how to use it. How do I get a copy of this user manual without purchasing another microwave oven?

Original review: May 30, 2018

I bought a Oster Microwave from Target in January 2018. It lasted 5 Months then it had a technical meltdown... called the warranty company. They couldn't do jack for me because I didn't have a receipt. They don't do any repairs of any kind and cant give a refund without the receipt. Absolutely terrible customer service. I've had it with cheap Chinese things that always break down fast and from now on I will NEVER EVER buy anything Oster or any other Chinese made electronics EVER. I'm sick of it. BUY AMERICAN!

Original review: May 24, 2018

I really wish I had read these reviews before purchasing my microwave. I chose Oster because I thought it was a good brand but I've had problems with it from the start. One problem that I didn't realize had to do with the microwave oven but after reading a review by Lee of Abingdon, MD on here, I see it could. It always blows a circuit! I thought it was just my old house but no other items in my kitchen do this. The first problem was a burning smell every time I used it. Then I noticed a burn mark that started on the door. The next problem was the burn marks and rust near the vents inside the microwave. It doesn't seem to vent properly and is always very wet inside when I use it. Next, the bottom started to bubble and peel and now is just exposed rust. This now affects the plate turning. I want to just throw it away but can't afford a new one. Do not buy Oster microwaves. This seems to be a common problem.

Original review: May 8, 2018

The entire inside of the oven is rusted. The floor is extremely rusted and there are rust spots over the entire inside of the oven. Purchased about 3 years ago. I no longer have the receipt. Had other ovens before that never rusted and that I was able to give away.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Just bought Oster microwave in the last month - worked fine for a couple of weeks and now starts to produce a burning plastic smell when in use for over 1 min. I bought it to replace the last one that came with the house we bought, should have known not to since the last one produced a lot of steam and that is probably why the bottom was rusting out. Not sure what I am going to do now. Didn't think to keep the proof of purchase for return.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I purchased the microwave from Wal-Mart on 1-29-18. The first one we broke the turntable setting it up, called the company was told they no longer made parts for my model of microwave. Well, I had just bought it, straight off the shelf from the store, they should have still had parts for it. I took it back to the store and they allowed me to exchange it. The second one I used for a week, probably only used it a total of 4 times. It started overheating, then the lights inside would flash off and on and the control panel lights would dim and brighten. The beep sounded like a pterodactyl squawking. Then it started locking so you couldn't turn it off even though you could tell it was overheating. I returned it to the store and purchased a different brand of microwave. I will never use an Oster product again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Only had a year and a half... paint peeling off under microwave turntable. Emailed customer service to see what could be done and was told I had to call a different phone number for service. Wasn't looking for service, just a remedy for the problem. Would not recommend to buy.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Less than a year old - door latch clip broke off and now you cannot open the door. What a waste of money and another piece of garbage to put in a landfill. Not covered by warranty and they offered no information on who could fix it.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Oster Microwave: Purchased from Walmart less than two months ago for my elderly parents... Came to visit. Used it. Opened door... It kept running! Fire starter! Exposed to waves. It needs to be removed from all shelves!!!

Original review: July 10, 2017

Oster Microwave 1100 watts: What? Less than a year and it stops warming up food... can't find paperwork, certainly thought it would last more than one year so probably didn't worry about keeping receipt or paperwork - not buying this brand again ever. I'm sure I purchased it from Wal-Mart. Based on other reviews here - I guess I’m out of luck for repair or replacement.

Original review: June 11, 2017

I bought my microwave 1100 in Feb 2017. I had a stroke and was not able until recently to try using the Microwave... As of today 06-11-2017 I have not been able to get it to heat up... I have done everything the book that came with it said to do and nothing has helped. Brand new, never been used and because I do not have receipt they won't help me. I WILL NEVER buy anything with the Oster on it again... Buyer beware.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I have had this Oster microwave a little over 2 years. I noticed the bottom under the glass is rusted out in the groove where the turntable support is. Also a chip in the front top. Is it safe to use this way and isn't this an issue for the Consumer Products Safety people to explore? Also, the numbers on the digital display are not working correctly for the past six months. Poorly made product and wonder if I'm being microwaved if I stand anywhere in the kitchen while using it.

Original review: May 20, 2017

We haven't even had our Oster microwave a year, and the past couple of days, we have heard some kind of noise coming from it. We thought it was the cat food that we were warming up for our two month old kitten. Today, we tried to defrost frozen, ground turkey & not even two minutes into defrosting, the thing was smoking!! Threw it out. Will NOT be purchasing from this company anymore.

Original review: May 12, 2017

We bought a Oster microwave in February 2017, and yesterday (May 11, 2017) it stopped to work. I am very disappointed... 3 months??? Only 3 months??? I am sure that this microwave is still on guarantee but I cannot find the guarantee paper (probably my husband threw it away on a cleaning day). So, I cannot do nothing.:( VERY DISAPPOINTED:(

Original review: March 14, 2017

Excessive condensation is puddling on the floor and running down the door no matter what I'm cooking or reheating. The unit (Model EG034AL7-X1) is vented according to the manual with very little, if any, air coming from the outside vents when in operation.. Called cust. service and was told this was normal. Wrote a comment to Oster on 3/8/17 and have heard nothing. Really tired of mopping up water from the bottom of this unit. Guess there is no other alternative except replacing this unit purchased on 9/29/16.

Oster Microwave Company Information