Oster Microwave

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Oster Microwave Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oster Microwave?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oster?

Original review: July 28, 2022

Microwave is only 2 years old, but is corroding around the door. I put guerilla tape but it did not hold. The machine itself works, but the surrounding door and around the carousel has issues. You should have a upload for pictures.

Original review: June 6, 2022

This microwave was terrible. The paint badly chipped away under plate, and today I had to throw it in the trash because it caught on fire. It made a strange noise and I noticed the light in the microwave and immediately opened the door. When I opened the door, the metal side paneling (the small square) had turned black. Dangerously made. Would never recommend Oster microwaves to anyone. Better to be safe than sorry with better made appliances.

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

2019 purchase of Oster microwave oven. Only used for minor warming or reheating. The interior paint on and around the door and bottom of the oven failed and reflects the original and initial metal that was never primed and poorly painted with too thin of a paint. The microwave is improperly painted and same is insufficient for all, any, every form, kind and types of interior moisture/steam from liquids such as water for cocoa, chocolate, coffee, tea or soups and/or sugar contents in bakery pastries and all presents an immediate dangerous and unsafe consumer/users conditions. The end results is the instant and immediate paint failures and blistering that is a chain reaction for microwave leakages and yes " CANCER".

The Oster Microwave is honestly believed to be much too dangerous and unsafe to continue to be sold and all consumers should consider a different brand for the sake of your medical physical health, life vs death and you and your family or guest personal safety. The Oster microwave oven is pretty and looks nice but so does a baby skunk and black bear. The older they get the worse they are!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I bought this microwave from Home Shopping Network. It's an Oster and then someone gave me one as a gift so I did not use it until this year and it's not even been a year and it's rusting out on the inside. Awful.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Do not buy a Oster microwave, the paint and it rusty on bottom, it still works, yet after 5 yrs it's really bad, it started peeling after a year and gradually got worst worst. Not made of money and will never buy one again.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

This microwave is dangerous and catches Fire. A piece broke off from the top and went into my soup, lucky new was unsafe so I don't walk away from my microwave. Can't afford a new one. The paint is peeled off and bubbles on top of microwave from being too hot.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Bought a microwave less than 2 yrs ago. Today it doesn't heat. Waste of 100+ $$ and looks new. Never, ever again. Been in my home 22 years and it's the 3rd time I've had to replace a microwave but definitely not w/in 2 years.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

This is an attractive and it works very well. It is a good capacity size. The operation is quick and easy. People that I know have complimented it. I would recommend it to a person looking to purchase a new microwave.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I researched, shopped around. Oster has traditionally been reliable with their products. I wanted oven big enough to cook meals in. It works okay, but developed rust all across the back. Company wouldn't repair or replace it. In fact they basically just blew me off, ignored me. It happened during the first 4 months of use. I'd recommend don't buy!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

We purchased the Oster Microwave EG034AL7-X1 late 2018. I clean it regularly. It has started throwing sparks-creating a flame bright enough to light up inside causing it to melt the inside. This product is DANGEROUS.

Oster Microwave Company Information