Ballwin, MO

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Goedeker's

Goedeker’s is an appliance and home goods retailer that offers online services as well as showroom services in St. Louis. The company prioritizes selling a broad variety of discounted appliances and products with a low-price guarantee.

Pros

• Coupons and rebates
  • Low-price guarantee
  • Free shipping
  • Financing available

Cons

• Long shipping period
  • Only one showroom

Bottom Line

Goedeker’s is a well-established appliance and home goods retailer. Its catalog includes a wide variety of products from major brands. Delivery and installation services are available across the country.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Goedeker's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goedeker's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goedeker's?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Placed order in September of 2020. I understand there have been supply chain issues, but the constant lies and contradictory statements from their horrible customer service are unacceptable. Was told some of my order was available as early as June of 21, convinced them to split order after multiple calls and chats, was told they had two appliances ready to ship in October. Eventually got a shipping number for the carrier, never received anything. Many calls, emails, and chats later, now told on Jan 12, 2022, they don’t actually have the items. Basically got a zero interest loan from me for the last 15 months. Never buy from these cheats, they lie about everything.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I bought my appliances from this company on December 27, 2020. Until today the only thing that I received are excuses. More than a year and a lot of calls and transfer from one agent to another. They don’t really care. Six months ago they gave me the tracking number from a third-party shipping company. When I called them they said they don’t have the product. When I told them that the shipping company didn’t have the product they said, "Oh sorry. It’s a mistake. The product is still in backorder." But I called the manufacturer and they said they have the product on stock.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

We purchased a beautiful Parker Living sectional from Goedeker’s. When the product arrived we noticed that one of the pieces had bad stitching that was coming off. Also, soon after use one of the electric recliners had an issue and stopped working properly after only a month or two after purchase. We purchased extended warranty to avoid any issues that may arise in the future. Once we communicated with goedeker's about the issue they sent a warranty specialist to come look at our furniture and the Specialist sent a report back to Goedeker's indicating that we needed replacement parts for our electric recliner.

About a week or two after we followed up about the status of our replacement parts and Goedeker's let us that although the warranty specialist agreed we needed the replacement parts, that they had discontinued their relationship with the manufacturer Parker Living and therefore there was nothing they could do to help further. They did not try to contact the manufacturer on our behalf to tell them the situation. Instead we were told we would be refunded our warranty money and that we had to go to Parker living to resolve the situation.

When we asked for a direct phone number to the manufacturer so that we could speak with them they indicated they could not help and our only way of communication was through email. Goedeker's basically left us hanging with a bad piece of furniture and bullied us by saying that we had agreed to the warranty refund and therefore there was nothing else they could do when in fact we were told that was the only option. We essentially bought a 3000 piece of furniture and they felt that by returning $200 of the warranty they could call the situation settled.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I purchased a GE Induction Cooktop two and a half months ago. They requested that I wire transfer the full amount which I did. They still don't have the cooktop and they don't know if they ever will. I've asked them to refund my money, but I cannot reach the accounting or billing department on the phone. When I call, they transfer me from one agent to another and when I finally reach the billing department, they disconnect the call. I've been on the phone for hours trying to reach a human being to help me with the refunding of my money. I'm seriously considering contacting the Attorney General to launch a formal complaint.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

We ordered a double oven and a dishwasher back in August, 2021. At that time, both items were out of stock everywhere. We assume they were in stock in Goedeker's when we were able to check out both items, and nowhere did it say on their site that the items were backordered. A couple months later, we got an email saying that the dishwasher will not be back in stock until late April 2022, and that the double oven will not be back in stock until a few weeks later (which, has been delayed every single time I check with them. As of now, it has been delayed for almost three months).

I have no problem with items being out of stock, but I do have an issue with Goedeker's misleading the consumers, making it seem that the item you want is in stock and can be shipped right away when you place the order, and not informing you the correct status of the item. You will be able to cancel any item that has not been shipped, but I was told that you have to submit a cancellation request, and they will have to review and approve it, which sounds to me like another hurdle you have to go through.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Purchased a GE CAFE refrigerator in May 2021, nearly 8 months ago. I have exchanged over 40 emails with the organization. They send emails that my product will ship on the upcoming Monday of every week, and of course it never ships. I received multiple emails that the product will ship, then they send an email saying they don't know when it will ship. Order made on May 5, 2021. Called GE, they said they have the product. I then called this POS company Goestealers and they said that they do not have in stock but will ship on Monday from the manufacturer. I paid for this item on may 5th 2021, they took the money and I have nothing in return. Their website still shows that this item is for sale and in stock. Shame on Goedeker's!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I purchased the retractable awning from this company. They never sent any confirmation emails after the order was placed. Since I haven't heard from them over 1 week, I contacted the customer service and what is going on my order. They answered that it takes a while for credit card verification and cannot proceed until they hear from credit card company. This is pretty weird excuse because I am using the same credit card every day and I have never had that issues before. If they really have some issues for my payment, they should contact me and ask for other credit card information. They REALLY haven't done anything. Now it is over 1 month since then and still nothing. I takes it as they have no intention for this transaction. Very disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I purchased a sectional set on September 23rd that I was told would ship out to me on Oct. 17th. On the 17th, I received no tracking number, no status update email, nothing. On the 18th, nothing. On the 19th I got on their site and through "contact us" I requested my tracking number. I received a response that my items would now ship on Nov. 2nd. I guess they just weren't going to tell me without a request. Fast forward to Nov. 2nd. No tracking number, no status update, nothing. I send out another message on their site. On the 3rd I received a response. My items will ship out on Dec. 29th-Jan 2nd. On top of all this, I ran into the same scenario with the ottoman. Supposed to ship out Oct. 23rd. I had to request an update when I heard nothing and got a reply that it would ship Nov. 29th. I have no doubt on the 29th, I will receive to tracking, no status update, and when I request one I will receive a reply telling me there is another month or 2 delay.

I get shipments are backed up, but good customer service involves keeping your customers informed. I shouldn't have to contact them for them to tell me the status of my order. If my order isn't going to ship out when you said it will, kindly tell me. I would not recommend purchasing your furniture through this company. I haven't even received my order yet nor do I know if I ever will.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY- IT'S A FRAUDULENT COMPANY. This is one of the worst companies you could ever imagine. The lies and lack of communication are rampant. When I tried to talk to someone, I was told they would be left a message and they would call back in 24-48 hrs. No callback. I called 15 times over 3 weeks and left messages for customer service and upper management. No call back. 15 hrs of wasted time trying to connect with anyone to find out where our fridge was or the $1800 we spent on the fridge.

When a member of customer service was reached, she said she fully understood my frustration and reordered our fridge. We got the email stating the order and confirming 3-4 weeks for delivery. After 4 weeks I began calling again to find out where the fridge was. The fridge had never been shipped and was told we would need to wait another 2 months for the fridge. 10 months to wait for a fridge that was never sent out and nobody EVER returned a call. We cancelled our order and it took 8 weeks to get our money back. Worst company and customer service I have EVER experienced. We called ABT and got the same fridge delivered and installed in 5 days. I would NEVER use this company ever again. It’s a fraud and will only cost you headaches.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I bought a refrigerator from them for a rental apartment I own and by MY mistake I bought the wrong color. I wanted Stainless and I bought White. Totally my fault. When it was delivered my tenant informed me of the mistake and I called to buy the right color and get the wrong color one returned. Had no problem paying the somewhat ridiculous $280 return fee (for a $700) item but again, it was my mistake. Took at least 9 calls over 7 days with 30-45 minute wait times each time to get someone to "promise" me that they would send me a link to begin the return process only to get a link that didn't work. NO follow up, NO responses to e-mails. Will NEVER use them again and would advise against them. If something goes wrong you will spend hours trying to get it sorted.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

The entire reason I bought the microwave from Goedeckers’s was because they offered installation. I received the microwave and trim with no word that they were not going to install it. I had to call them and wait 25 minutes on the phone for them to tell me they were not going to install it. They charged me $199. They’re making interest on my money which they will hopefully return. They do not tell the truth. Do not use them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Ordered a Napoleon Grill in April 2021. The grill was not received until the end of September. When I ordered the grill there was an special offer of the grill cover included with the purchase. The grill was delivered, but not the cover. I have emailed Goedekers 3 times with no response.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

DO NOT SHOP HERE!!!! I can't say that strongly enough. We ordered all the appliances for our kitchen remodel in Oct 2020 (~ $13,000), and were told they would be delivered in about a month. They charged our credit card when we placed the order. On Sep 1, 2021 (almost a year later) we finally some of our products. These products were sitting in a warehouse near our home but they would not ship them until all appliances are in, nor will they allow me to come and pick them up myself. They still have no ETA on when the others will arrive.

We have consistently called every week to try to get information but get a different story every time we call. They are extremely unhelpful. I have requested to speak to a supervisor multiple times. All supervisors are "always on another call". I am told they will call back in 48 hours. They NEVER call back! I understand that items are on backorder because of Covid, and I can deal with that. What I can't deal with is their lies, lack of updates on status, unprofessionalism in never following through on their promises, and total disregard for my situation. Terrible, terrible company to work with! Choose basically any other company over Goedeker's!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I purchased an extra 5 yr warranty plan on my so called leather sofa sleeper and loveseat. When I filed my claim my leather had started peeling. I was promised that it was real leather but come to find out it's pleather! The arms on both products are cracking. I was very careful not to use anything that would cause it to happen. So when I filed my claim it was denied! They said it wasn't covered! That was the whole reason I purchased the insurance. They said that if I purchased the insurance and it did start peeling (which they said wouldn't happen!) that the warranty would cover it! Plus the springs are popping off the hideaway bed. They wouldn't even answer me about it at first. When I continued to email about it they denied my claim! I'll never buy from them again! Poor quality and dishonesty isn't a good company policy! I tried to add a photo and receipt but couldn't for some reason.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

This company sold me a defective range and it was months before I received it, when after purchase I was told it would be shipped in 2 weeks. Two months later it came without vital parts. This has been a nightmare. It will take another month or more to get the parts.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Waited 6 weeks for range (not unusual). Received a lower model in wrong color. Cannot get ahold of anyone spending hours on hold day 1. Finally got a call back next day assuring I would be taken care of but I needed to wait 24 to 48 hours. 72 hours later still no answer and emails not answered and website chat no answer. No explanation. Blaming manufacturer which I believe is a complete excuse. I cannot get anyone to answer the phone just a call back from yet one more agent who has no information or explanation as to what to happened or what to expect. Nothing. Really astonishing.

I’m going to dispute this charge on my MasterCard and start using the range they sent once I know my credit card is reimbursed and I will buy the range I was supposed to get from another vendor. This company may be legit but their customer service is non existent as far as I can tell and my stress levels as a front line COVID worker is through the roof and on top of it all I can’t feed my family!!!!

Resolution response: May 15, 2022

After too many interactions and delays, the company delivered the product as advertised. It seems it was indeed due to Covid supply-chain global issues but Goedeker's could have been more proactive and transparent about the whole thing.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I purchased a stove with Goedekers on 06/21/2021 on a special deal promo and my card was charged. I was told it could take up to 8 weeks for the item to be delivered but they keep saying it is awaiting shipment and never get back to me unless I contact them. They offered to cancel the purchase but, considering I already lost many other great deals, even 4 of July specials, and have endured almost three months of wait time, I told them I expected they would at least present a reasonable (similar savings) offer for a model with similar features/brand quality.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I hardly know where to start, other than I WISH I HAD LOOKED FOR REVIEWS before giving my hard-earned dollars to this company. Everything everyone has said in their reviews, I underline and capitalize. I placed an order in March for 5 major appliances - $8000+. Goedeker's charged my credit card immediately. By May I had received 3 of the 5. In late May I was told 1 of the remaining had shipped to the 'depot' who was waiting for the last piece. I called a few weeks later to find out the status and was told the 'depot' had the 1 piece and was still waiting for the second. On Aug 4 I called; they told me the first piece was waiting to ship from manufacturer in OCTOBER! I told them I wanted to cancel the remaining pieces. They said their finance people would have to contact the manufacturer before issuing my refund. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they said none were available and they would have one call me back. Surprise...no call back.

I called again on Aug 6, and had to repeat my story. Same outcome...would have someone call me back, but no call back. I called this morning Aug 9, talked to yet another person - he told me as of June 28, they were gathering the 'pieces' to get ready to ship to me???? It's Aug 9, and the Range is shipping from inside the US and it's taking them 45 days? He said if it has already shipped I will have to pay shipping charges in order to cancel my order. I asked for...yes, a callback from a supervisor. I am astonished this place is still in business. Please do yourself a favor and think before you leap at doing business with this unsavory cheat of a company.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

They sell what they don't have in inventory but charge you when you order. Their delivery system is horrible. They scheduled a delivery date, then canceled it the day of after I had made arrangements to be home for them. Then took another 2 weeks and 3 phone calls to get the item rescheduled and finally delivered. Not worth the few dollars difference in price. I also called to cancel the item due to the delivery mess--Goedekers told me I would have to pay return shipping costs. Stay away from this outfit. I also posted this on Goedekers review page but you will never see it there!

Original review: July 22, 2021

I gave two stars to be a generous as possible considering covid has affected businesses. Purchased a GE Cafe Refrigerator back in October of 2020. Still have not received it. The true failure here is that covid hit well over a year ago. It’s impossible this company did not recognize the enormous complications going forward with their product and yet they continue to take people's money with no idea when they will, if ever, be able to fulfill the order. Like everyone else, I have been given MULTIPLE delivery updates, each time the specified date goes by without any explanation. It shouldn’t take a company this many months into this pandemic to establish a call center to address the plethora of outraged customers. Hours and hours on hold without response. Emails go unanswered for a few months, and the a generic cookie cutter response is sent lacking any helpful information.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I ordered a couch and two recliners in March. The order was paid for (thousands of dollars) and almost 5 months later, several emails, phone calls, and being sent from one salesman to the other still nothing. I have received an email, twice months apart, stating that they would be delivered. Stayed home for work on both occasions and still, nothing was delivered. I've tried to cancel the order for a refund but they stated that I would have to pay for the shipping. I'm confused, if the order has not been sent, why am I paying for shipping? I read the reviews, unfortunately, I should have started here before the order was placed because clearly, this company has a horrible track record.

Original review: July 11, 2021

I would give this company 0 stars if I could. ABSOLUTELY WORST BUYING EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD!!! Horrible customer service. I ordered and paid for a wall oven with White Glove service in January 2021. It is now July 2021. The oven arrived damaged TWO TIMES and they refuse to give me FULL REFUND! Instead, they offer $125 cash back or a 10 year warranty. **??? Is this the best they can do after a plethora of phone calls, being put on hours of hold, a 7 month wait, and 2 damaged deliveries??? I would like to confirm reviews that mention poor customer service. Try calling to report a problem and you will end up on hold for more than 45 minutes at best. However, Sales will pick up within minutes!! I agree with other reviewers: Save yourself time and stress. Do not order from here!!!

Original review: June 30, 2021

ABSOLUTELY WORST BUYING EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD!!! Horrible customer service. I ordered a grill back in February and it has been paid for the entire time. The grill has arrived damaged TWICE. Now I am being told it is no longer available but can't get the company to send me a replacement list of other options or even return an email. Forget it if you have to call them. You will be on hold for hours with very little assistance. Save yourself the time and headache. Do not order from here!!!

Original review: June 29, 2021

Purchased a GE Cafe cooktop from Goedeker's in November. They quoted approx 60 days delivery. When the deliv date came, got an email saying they had no update from GE. Called and they quoted a new deliv date, approx 60 days. Same thing occurred on that date. And then again a third time. So I called GE. They have NEVER been backordered 60 days on this product. I purchased from a diff retailer with a 14 day delivery. Same price. Goedeker's was lying to me all along. Don't know why as they will not tell me. Will never purchase from them again.

Original review: June 25, 2021

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! I placed my order with Goedeker's for the Friedrich ZCP12DB ZoneAire 11,000 BTU Smart Portable Air Conditioner. (Dual hose) on 5/21/21. First, I have not received my order to date. I have called and called and received long call waiting, hang ups and rude representatives. I was originally told when I initially placed my order that I would be receiving my order in two weeks..again, I HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED MY ORDER OR A PHONE CALL FROM THIS COMPANY. To add insult to injury, they have not given me any date as to when I will be receiving my order. So till now I don’t know when I will be receiving my air conditioner and we are almost halfway through the summer. I feel so unbelievable duped by this company. THEY ARE LIARS!!!!

When I placed this order it was not on backorder. Now they are telling me that my order is taking this long because it was on backorder. THEY ARE LIARS!!!! They promised to contact me and haven't once. I regret ever giving these people my money and trusting them. I have a small child and I’m a single hardworking mother. This item by-far was not cheap at $456. This investment was not easy for me to make and now myself and my child is sweltering in this heat because we trusted this awful company. I am still waiting to hear when I will be receiving my order or shown any RESPECT from this company.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Saw a really nice “antique” style looking refrigerator for $650 while searching in Google. I failed to research the brand and also the company (Goedeker's) before purchasing. Ordered the refrigerator for my business in the beginning of May. The refrigerator arrived a month later with holes and dents on the box. I immediately took pictures of the box and the refrigerator which had numerous scratches and dents on the sides and the door. I contacted Goedekers and sent them the pictures that they asked for. A week later after not hearing from them I called them and they said that they will have somebody at my business to pick it up within two days. They also said that I would have a replacement within two weeks.

A week later after not hearing or receiving any confirmation I called them and they began to give me a run around saying that someone would contact me. After calling them three different times I was transferred to some weird guy named Tim **. Tim denied having received the pictures even though I could see that the pictures were attached to the two emails I sent. Total I sent the same email three times. Tim also kept insisting that I buy something else even after I told him that all I needed was what I ordered or my money back. He was so annoying trying to get me to buy something else that I ended up hanging up on him.

My fiancé called again today with me in three way and a lady named Tiffany picked up. Her reply to me was that she could see the pictures, but that there was not anyone available to speak with us about it that they will contact me when there was someone available. I ended up having to contact my bank and dispute the buy in order to get my money back. Now I’m stuck with this piece of junk in the middle of the floor of my business and having to wait 10 more days for my bank to refund me the $650.

Original review: June 11, 2021

We needed a quality dishwasher. Goedeker's Appliances had the best price of anywhere I researched, free shipping, and good reviews. I ordered in December, 2020. They took my money at the time and promised a delivery in February, 2021 (COVID was raging and that was the stated culprit for the delayed delivery). February came and they pushed delivery out a month. Delays were repeated until in May they finally communicated that they had no idea when it could be fulfilled. I cancelled the order but had to call back two weeks later, asking where my refund was. It wasn't until I called and inquired that someone actually processed the refund. I WOULD AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!

Original review: June 10, 2021

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT SHOPPING HERE. I consider myself a reasonable person, and believe I have been generous, kind, and nice to Goedeker's despite the absolute terror they have given us... our experience with Goedeker's has been absolute trash. We ordered a full suite of appliances in November of 2020, including a Washer, Dryer, Refrigerator, Range, Microwave, and Dishwasher. We were told that many of our appliances would be delivered by early January 2021. We are now halfway through June 2021, with NO APPLIANCES. We have called every week for months. Asking. Begging. Pleading for updates. We are always given the answer that the appliances are coming, and soon.

We have tried to replace those appliances with others, but Goedeker's isn't really willing to help find ones that would be adequate replacements. We have been lied to repeatedly. I have called asking for any help to understand why we have been given so many false dates of when our appliances will arrive. My last call was to talk to a manager, and in typical Goedeker's fashion, like many of our calls, they have not called us back like they promised. If you like a company taking your money for months, without any concrete answers, with terrible customer service, and delays in providing your appliances for more than 8 months, then please, please shop at Goedeker's. For any other sane individual, go LITERALLY anywhere else.

Original review: April 19, 2021

We have waited 4 months for our new GE CAFE RANGE: APRIL 8TH GOEDEKER'S delivered: We contacted GOEDEKER'S DAYS LATER (3 EMAILS AND 4 PHONE CALLS). We requested THE UNIT TO BE RETURNED AND or REPLACED as we have nothing but problems: (dangerous situation of 6 to 12 inch yellow tipped flames and toxic fumes. Toxic fumes and black soot after testing the oven's switches and Broiler issues. GOEDEKER'S customer service appears to be good old fashioned lip service. They hauled away our old GE oven,,,,NOW WHAT??? GOEDEKER'S' CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABSOLUTELY AWFUL. GE technician advised us to return the unit for replacement as parts to repair were not available until June. I will write an update on our nightmare with this company.

Original review: April 2, 2021

I ordered a complete set of appliances and were told by salesperson Eric all but refrigerator was in stock, I would have them within three weeks but due to manufacturer the latter would not be avail for 4 weeks then it would ship. Four weeks and nothing. Lied about arriving and blamed shipper. Shipper said it was not in their possession.. 1 month to get from St Louis area to NC. I still have nothing but a shipping order. Meanwhile I am out *$8000 with just order numbers. No help from salesman. He is AWOL. Terrible business. Fair price if you ever get order. BUYER BEWARE. LIES, LIES, LIES

Goedeker's Company Information