Ballwin, MO

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Goedeker's

Goedeker’s is an appliance and home goods retailer that offers online services as well as showroom services in St. Louis. The company prioritizes selling a broad variety of discounted appliances and products with a low-price guarantee.

Pros

• Coupons and rebates
  • Low-price guarantee
  • Free shipping
  • Financing available

Cons

• Long shipping period
  • Only one showroom

Bottom Line

Goedeker’s is a well-established appliance and home goods retailer. Its catalog includes a wide variety of products from major brands. Delivery and installation services are available across the country.

Top Goedeker's Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

...The only place I go for appliances and faucets is Goedeker's. Their prices are the best, their customer service is excellent and the ease of buying with the free shipping is wh...

Verified

My experience with Goedeker's was amazing. They had the exact dresser I had been looking for and it was the cheapest price through them… They had great communication with me on wh...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

What is Goedeker’s?

Goedeker’s is a St. Louis-based appliance company that offers online sales, shipping and installation across the country. Its catalog features a wide variety of products, including cooking, refrigeration, laundry, dishwashing and climate control appliances. Goedeker’s also sells furniture, home accessories, decor and more. It’ll match prices if you find a better deal elsewhere, and it offers financing of up to 48 months on major purchases.

Goedeker’s appliances

Goedeker’s wide selection ranges from stoves and refrigerators to full furniture sets. If you live in the St. Louis area, you can visit the local showroom; otherwise, you can shop online with free delivery on most orders. Goedeker’s also offers installation and haul-away services for appliance orders across the country. You can find a full list of additional installation and labor services available on its website.

Goedeker’s also has a savings center with furniture and appliances that qualify for a variety of discounts, including rebates, overstock and scratch-and-dent products. You can purchase these more affordable items locally in St. Louis or online from anywhere in the contiguous United States.

Goedeker’s appliances costs

Goedeker’s has a broad selection of appliances, so prices vary depending on the category and manufacturer — freestanding ranges, for example, cost anywhere from $500 to $18,000. Many Goedeker’s products include brand-specific rebates. The company also offers several seasonal sales and promotions as well as coupon codes for email subscribers.

Goedeker’s FAQ

Where is Goedeker’s located?
The Goedeker’s showroom is located in St. Louis, but the company ships nationwide.
Is Goedeker’s reputable?
Goedeker’s is a reputable appliance and home goods retailer. However, some customers complain about shipping issues.
How long does it take Goedeker’s to ship?
Shipping typically takes one to two weeks. Overstock items generally ship the next business day.
Does Goedeker’s price-match?
Yes, Goedeker’s has a low-price guarantee and will match competitor pricing. If a product lowers in price between the time of purchase and its shipping, Goedeker’s might make a one-time price adjustment prior to sending it out.

Is Goedeker’s legit?

Goedeker’s is a legitimate brick-and-mortar and online appliance retailer. Its showroom is in St. Louis, and it offers free delivery and installation services across the country. Some customers have complaints about Goedeker’s shipping speed, but many are satisfied with the company’s service and pricing.

Goedeker's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goedeker's?

Original review: March 15, 2022

I ordered a refrigerator in June which included installation and removal of the old one. I waited patiently for 10 months in order to schedule the delivery, and they hired a company that doesn't do removal or installation. Now I'm having a hell of a time finding a company to it. Had I not waited so long I would have cancelled the order as soon as I found out they messed it up. Don't use these people. They're incompetent.

Original review: March 3, 2022

After 17 months of waiting for an oven/microwave combination, we decided to finally cancel our order which had been paid in full (according to them, so we could get the maximum discount). When I called to cancel, after several failed attempts to get through, someone from "Appliance Connection" called. She said we had not yet paid for the item. Having read of shady practices by this company, I had my credit card statement in my hand, saying otherwise. The agent insisted that it was only a pending charge. I had had enough. I said I'd call my bank with a fraud complaint. She suddenly said, "I'll be right back." Upon returning, she said, "Oh, my mistake - you have paid in full." She claimed I'd be getting a full refund. We'll see.

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2022

On 10/14/21 we placed an order with Goedeker's for 3 kitchen appliances. We were told that they were all in stock and would be delivered within 2-4 weeks. My instincts now tell me that they show backordered products as in stock as every other distributor on the internet showed the range I ordered as unavailable. On 10/20, their delivery company YF Logistics said that our order was out for delivery. With this being a bit earlier than expected, we reached out to YF to see if we could reschedule a day later as our floors were being refinished that day. YF said it would be no problem and said they would be sent two days later on 10/22.

We did not receive any confirmation on the 22nd from YF and when we reached out they let us know the delivery had been cancelled because an item was damaged. YF sent no information to Goedeker's about anything being damaged. We received no additional information from YF or Goedekers until 10/27 when we we received another notice that our order was out for delivery. The delivery window we were provided was 2-6pm. At 7pm I had to cancel going to my mother's birthday dinner as they hadn't arrived yet and I didn't want to miss them. At 10:30pm the tracker was still showing them as on the way and we were getting closer to being next. Shortly before 11pm the tracker stopped working entirely and we realized they would not be showing up. Goedeker's claimed that the driver injured himself.

On 10/29 they said it was back out for delivery. Upon arrival, the driver told us that he only had our dishwasher and he couldn't find the range or microwave. From that point forward I was routinely on the phone with Goedeker's customer service where I was constantly lied to about the status of my order including one rep saying that all of my items were showing as delivered. It took weeks for them to agree to send a new range and dishwasher as they insisted that they had to locate the original items even though they were nowhere to be found. Week after week they would say they expected the items to arrive the following week and every time that proved to be untrue.

All while we had no way of cooking food in our home racking up takeout bills and a difficult quality of life. Throughout this time the dishwasher remained in the box untouched while I waited for the other items to arrive as I wanted them all installed at the same time. It was not until 1/5 that the range was finally delivered after not being able to cook any food at home for 10 weeks. Shortly after the last item arrived I scheduled a licensed plumber to come out and install them all. Once unpacked, there was visible cosmetic damage to both the range and dishwasher, but I elected to try and live with them as everything seemed to be working properly and I knew that it would be several additional months of no appliances if I contacted Goedeker's to send new items.

After a couple weeks, I went down to my basement and noticed watermarks on the ceiling and walls. I had a plumber come investigate who deemed the damage stemmed from the bottom of the dishwasher. I reached out to Goedeker's for help and they said that they weren't responsible for anything as I only had 30 days from the original delivery date of 10/29 even though I told them I didn't unpack the item due to not even being sure if I was going to keep it while the other items were lost/wanting them all installed together. Thankfully KitchenAid agreed to come out and repair it since it was under warranty. I realize that I have little ability to do anything about the extensive water damage in my new home as they are covered due to me not unpacking the dishwasher as soon as it arrived and immediately having it installed to learn that it was leaking.

They had zero empathy for my situation and I now have to live with $6,000+ of new appliances that have visible dents in them and all the additional plumbing and remediation costs. If you are reading this, don't fall for their tricks of showing items in stock and available to be delivered if every other distributor shows them as backordered. Their lies and awful customer service are enough to run far away from using this company.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Bought a $1000 dishwasher on new house, installed and back was damaged and leaking everywhere. Two weeks later still trying to get through their “return process", they have 8 in stock, and we’re moving in with no dishwasher! Why can’t we load up defective and get a replacement??? Horrible operation, buyer beware!!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I had high hopes that I wouldn’t have the same negative experience with Goedeker’s, as I had read here, because they ‘did’ have the (2) items that I wanted but could not find in stock elsewhere. Boy do I regret my purchases now. Not only did they send me the wrong item (they have admitted it was their fault) which I cannot possibly use, the other item was packaged ‘damaged from the factory’, but I decided to keep the damaged item as it was cosmetic and would not be visible once the unit was installed (I was not offered any compensation by Goedeker’s even when they were provided with photos of the damaged unit as it was being unpacked to prove that the item was damaged at the factory and not in transit).

The ‘wrong item’ was originally supposed to be swapped out for the item I ordered (which “is”in stock, btw) but after waiting (8) weeks for the swap to be delivered (and a gaping hole in my new kitchen where the dishwasher is supposed to be), I requested that the order be canceled, and my account credited. They agreed to refund my money, but will only do it after the dishwasher has been picked up by them. It’s been another 6 weeks that I have been waiting since that decision was made. The problem is, they won’t schedule a pickup for the item they sent me in error and won’t refund my money. I’m out $1500, have a dishwasher I can’t use, it’s blocking me from using my garage because “it’s got to be in a safe, temperature controlled space until it’s picked up”, and I still have a gaping hole in my new kitchen where a dishwasher is supposed to be.

And the icing on the cake is…. the “Customer Advocacy Team” member that has been tasked with resolving my issues and has been exchanging emails with me for months, has “disconnected their voicemail“ on their extension so that I have no way to speak with this person or leave a message. Emails have gotten me nowhere. I have played nice, been pleasant and tried to be as accommodating as humanly possible. This has gotten me nothing in return but excuses and delays. Take my advice, if you don’t want a hassle, take your business elsewhere. Doing business with this company is at your own risk!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

As difficult as it is to believe, Goedeker’s sells large appliances but does not guarantee installation and haul away. We purchased a $2,000 double-oven stove from them (being from Missouri, we wanted to support a Missouri business). The stove is good, and delivery was timely. However, since delivery, we have encountered services that were promised but not delivered and customer service statements that are conflicting, depending on the representative.

Firstly, they did not confirm that the delivery company could install the new and haul away the old stove (spoiler alert: they couldn’t). When informed that installation/haul away is not provided by the delivery team, the company’s knee-jerk reaction is to refund the fees paid for those services and make the owner responsible (the representative even denied that Goedeker’s would work to resolve the issue by sending a team to install/haul away). In a later conversation, I was told that Goedeker’s can send a team to take care of the install and haul away, but not if a refund is issued!!! By issuing a refund immediately, they do not have to fix the problem they created by charging for services that are not provided.

Secondly, we have been told different stories by different customer service representatives. One told us that we could get a full refund on the stove since we requested its return within 48 hours of delivery. Another told us that there is a fee of $330 to return the stove. Yet further documentation from the company indicated that there is a $0 refund (this last scenario is documented in online paperwork they expect the owner to sign). Honestly, we do not trust Goedeker’s and, given our experience, would not put it past them to find a problem with the returned stove and refuse to issue a refund. Considering the conflicting stories, the time-consuming conversations, and the lack of ensuring expected services are performed, we strongly recommend that you never purchase any large appliance from Goedeker’s unless you’re willing/able to install it (and arrange for haulaway of any old appliance) yourself.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Ordered my refrigerator in March 2021. I was told it would be here in June, then July, then September and on and on. It is February 3rd - almost 1 years later and nothing. On November 19th, we had a scheduled delivery. I took the day off work and waited. The delivery driver called and told me his truck was too big to make the delivery and that I would get a call "tomorrow" to have a smaller truck come out. 2 weeks later no call, so I started calling and emailing. I got a call in January letting me know that I had to pay an additional $400 for the smaller truck "white glove" delivery. So I called and gave them a card number even though it was ridiculous that after 1 year I had to do this to get my refrigerator. I was told someone would call me "tomorrow" to schedule. No call.

Many emails later, I got a call scheduling my delivery for today - white glove, indoor delivery. I was told I would get a call the day prior with a time window. No call yesterday, no delivery today. In 3 weeks it will be a year since I ordered my refrigerator and PAID for it then also. 1 year later, and nothing. I have tried to cancel my order several times and will be canceling my order today. These people are crooks - they are unethical, have no sense of responsibility and their customer service is horrendous. RUN!!!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

Ordered an oven that was shown as available in March of 2021. We understood there were supply-chain issues and that it may be delayed by 4-6 weeks. It's now February of 2022 (10 & 1/2 months later) and we still don't have an oven. After many inconsistent conversations with various customer service representatives who strung us along and failed to follow up and/or provide accurate information, we've cancelled our order and are starting the refund process. I do not recommend you order from this company.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Placed order in September of 2020. I understand there have been supply chain issues, but the constant lies and contradictory statements from their horrible customer service are unacceptable. Was told some of my order was available as early as June of 21, convinced them to split order after multiple calls and chats, was told they had two appliances ready to ship in October. Eventually got a shipping number for the carrier, never received anything. Many calls, emails, and chats later, now told on Jan 12, 2022, they don’t actually have the items. Basically got a zero interest loan from me for the last 15 months. Never buy from these cheats, they lie about everything.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I bought my appliances from this company on December 27, 2020. Until today the only thing that I received are excuses. More than a year and a lot of calls and transfer from one agent to another. They don’t really care. Six months ago they gave me the tracking number from a third-party shipping company. When I called them they said they don’t have the product. When I told them that the shipping company didn’t have the product they said, "Oh sorry. It’s a mistake. The product is still in backorder." But I called the manufacturer and they said they have the product on stock.

Goedeker's Company Information