Call toll free
4.18/5

Ballwin, MO

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1951, Goedeker's has been providing our customers the largest selection of appliances and furniture all under one roof. One of the largest independent dealers of appliances in the United States, we are committed to providing quality, long lasting products at the lowest price possible. From plumbing and lighting goods to sofas and end-tables, let us be your one-stop shop destination.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1424 Goedeker's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Lied to multiple times by salesman Scott. Worse, promised I would get my kitchen appliances before Christmas, could not have been further from what happened. 2.5 months later (originally ordered Nov. 23) my appliances finally showed up to find the fridge had been dropped either by Goedeker's or the shipping company. Jill ** proved to follow the company procedure of more lies, stalls etc and referred me to their "damage department".

I am on day 7 of not knowing whether they are going to help me or not with only 1 email from Tiffany **, who, thank goodness, apologizes for my situation but so far has only stalled instead of actually providing me with any customer service or solutions. NOT WORTH SAVING THE SALES TAX, honestly I would have paid double sales tax to avoid the experience I am experiencing had I had been warned. Plenty of other reputable and stand up companies out there to purchase from, don't mess around with these people.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Received order on Jan 11. Delivered by company named Pro Logistics. Bought washer an dryer. Product was placed in my truck. Dryer box was torn and scratched on one side but was hidden. Called Goedeker's on Jan 11 to let them know. Rep informed me a snowstorm was taking place and would call me back on Jan 14. As of 6:00 pm Jan 16 I received no phone call. I explained to them I just wanted to let them know the people doing the delivering intentionally hid it from me. I can only assume Goedeker's doesn't really care since I have had no callback!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We purchased an LG Washer, Sidekick, Dryer, Storage Base and Refridgerator. All were delivered timely and without any damage. Website was excellent to navigate and the customer reps we spoke to were very helpful and pleasant. A most enjoyable transaction. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

There was some issue with their third party who processes credit card payments. Not a denial from my credit card, and Goedeker's did not follow up to get to the bottom of it. Nobody contacted me. By the time I called to find out where my cooktop was, I found out my entire order had never been processed and nobody called me. It could have been straightened out if they did. This was a giant hole in their customer service and I had to wait a very long time. I asked if they could expedite delivery and they said NO. The did however give me white glove delivery at no extra charge.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Gas Black 49cc Mini Chopper - My 10 year old niece has been shopping these for a year. She finally talked me into getting her this for Christmas. Because I am a coupon, bargain shopper she was able to show me that this was the best price I was going to get. I ordered it for her saying we will see what happens. From start to finish Goedeker's kept me updated on my order and it arrived earlier than expected. She loves it and when I asked her how many stars she said 5.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goedeker's?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I bought new appliances from Goedeker's. I was told I had a warranty on the appliances. Out of 5 appliances the oven and the dishwasher failed the first year. I called them several times for a warrant repair and just got a runaround and no repairs. I think they are a dishonest company and need to be sanctioned for fraud.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Happy with your company, however, there are some marks on the left side door of my new Samsung French Door fridge and I can't seem to get them off. It was only just installed as my kitchen is still not finished. The range and microwave are okay but I don't know what the dishwasher is like since it hasn't been installed yet. Hopefully, it will be unboxed and installed this week. Do you have any recommendations for the type of cleaner I need to get these marks off. It is just so annoying that in today's world nothing comes without issues. I don't know if these marks will show up in a photograph but I will ask my contractor to take a photo and email it to your customer service department.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have purchased two items from Goedeker’s in the last several months... a good experience both times. While the first item, a buffet, arrived in very short order ( in perfect condition), the refrigerator I bought took a very long time to arrive. I saved so much money that it was worth it.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I’ve actually called and email to make a complaint and have yet to hear from anyone. On the day of delivery the helpers bringing in my refrigerator scratched the side of the fridge by slamming the door on it. They left the box outside my front door which I found interesting. When taking the plastic off I noticed a dent right above the ice and water dispenser. I was not pleased at all. I would love for someone to contact me for this inconvenience!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Goedeker's had the best item that I was looking for which fit the description, especially the color, that I was trying to match in my head. There were other retailers that have similar to it, but Goedeker's price was $60 cheaper. Their online ordering process was easy too, and they stood behind everything they said. The product was assembled, painted, and shipped promptly. It was delivered in excellent shape. All the parts were there, easy to assemble, and the instructions were well-written. I have put it together by myself.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I ordered drawer from Goedeker's and it came completely damaged with a buncha chips on it and the drawers will not pull out without brute force. Under their return policy I have 30 days to return it, but they will charge me $188 for shipping, and won't pay for shipping back which probably cost another $188 and required insurance to insure their defective product. Not to mention it would be in their "discretion" to see if they want to refund anything if it's not shipped back in top condition (but they shipped me a defective product!). Their money back guarantee is totally false.

They will send you old used junk and expect you to keep it. Don't buy any furniture or appliance with them. Because if it's defective and doesn't work you are completely on your own. I shall be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and the real consumer protection agencies. Noticed that their 5 star reviews are put on sites that they paid money to...their Google's review aggregators are companies they paid money to for hosting reviews (ie Shopper Approved).

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We ordered new furniture with the promise of delivery in a few weeks. Turned into months... Canceled orders, re-orders, poor delivery. Customer service was bad other than one agent who actually knew what he was doing and helped finally get some clarity. But they have no accountability for shipping nor any with their suppliers. Just an "Oh well... Wish we could do something". Well they couldn't nor did they. Not even a "Hey, here's 10% off next order". Nothing. We wound up waiting almost 3 months. Pretty ridiculous. And when we decided to cancel part of the order, miraculously… Read more.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I had a horrible experience with Goedeker's. I ordered a stove that cost $500 and ended up being charged $800! Goedeker's order website had processed TWO (duplicate) orders instead of one, for exactly the same stove. I called as soon as I noticed two slightly different order numbers and they told me both orders were processed a few minutes from each other and were already shipped. They refunded the duplicate $500 stove, but charged me $300 for shipping it back! This has never happened to me and I was extremely disappointed with the fact that there seems to be no quality control at Goedeker's sales website for a bug that caused 2 exact orders being processed within minutes.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I was doing some online searching for price comparing for some tables and Goedeker’s came up in the search engine. Their price was about 10% less compared to other places. I ordered a weathered chestnut five-piece bar set from Goedeker’s, but we were a little confused as far as the shipment. When I looked at the site originally, the table set would ship within two weeks, but we didn’t get the furniture for between six to eight weeks because when we made the order, it was backlogged.

When we did the shopping, we were looking at the timelines and I had seen the furniture with them, and we grabbed it even though it was 10% less was for the time. We could get something here quicker and we would pay the extra. It was not a problem. However, the delivery ended up taking a lot longer than we thought. We were remodeling a room so we needed the furniture by the beginning of October. We were looking at the quickest possible way to get it there, but it ended up being three weeks past our planned due time. The furniture is good for the purpose we had it for. It works great for a game room. I’m satisfied with the furniture and the price. I would recommend Goedeker’s because they’ll get you quality stuff at a good price, but you may have to wait to get it.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I was looking for the Simmons double loveseat that matched the recliner that I have. Goedeker's was the only one that had it. Finding that product was easy, but it took almost two months to get it delivered to me. That was my big problem with it. Goedeker's said that they've already shipped it and that the unit was coming down to a shipper in Miami but I didn’t hear a word from them until I contacted them and asked them where my order was. They then told me that they'd contact me once the unit was delivered. The next thing I knew, the loveseat was at my house.

Also, I paid for the full delivery and the in-home installation but the delivery team would not take the unit up the stairs. Because my home is a stilt home, they told me that it was gonna cost an extra $50. So I ended up paying $293 to get the thing installed. But the installation went well and the loveseat is wonderful. I love it. Goedeker's is a good company. I love their products and I'm happy I went to them.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

We were interested in purchasing a number of kitchen appliances at one time including a refrigerator, double wall oven, & dishwasher. We were given one price, which we accepted. Then when they came out with the contracts, the price was $1000 higher than what we were quoted. They refused to change the price back to what we were quoted, and they were extremely rude and unprofessional. They were insulting to both my wife and I, while using obscene language. They love to hide behind their favorite facade, of how they're "closed on Sunday to honor the lord's day". Please! It's nothing but a phony masquerade. There's nothing holy nor "Christian", with regard to how those who work for this company pose themselves.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Delivery took over a month from the order date. No communication whatsoever during the 35 days it took for my oven to arrive. Delivery company was awful. Blew me off after I took off work to be home and showed up hours late when it did arrive.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Ordered a GE Monogram ZEB1227SLSS microwave oven. A black and stainless steel countertop microwave oven. We received a black microwave that wasn't a Monogram. Model No. on the microwave didn't even match the Model No. on their invoice. Mistakes happen. Did they own the problem? No. They insisted that I jump through hoops to resolve the problem they created. They demanded I send pictures, provide a written explanation, and return the microwave before they would make it right. A gosh darn absurd experience. Just know if you order something and it isn't right the problem will be yours. All yours.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I had a table purchased at Goedeker's. Their website is nice. It's user-friendly too. In addition to that, the quality of the table is good.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I purchased 2 nightstands for my master bedroom. The first nightstand was delivered a month after I have placed the order. When I finally received the nightstand, the item came damaged. But since I waited so long for the item, I decided to keep it since the damage was on the bottom of the nightstand (wood was splitting open). I received the 2nd nightstand a week or so later and as soon as I opened the box, the nightstand was broken in multiple pieces. I called customer service right away and they said they couldn't administer a return until they got the photo of the damaged product. I told them I would send the picture but asked them to process the return immediately.

A week after I sent the photos, I received an email stating that I also needed to take a picture of the box. By this time, more than a week has already gone by with me and this broken delivery. ANOTHER week or so later, I receive an email from Goedeker's saying that the manufacturer will not accept the return so I have 2 choices: Accept a refund or request for a replacement with Goedeker's! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

I requested for the replacement right when I received the product! WHAT HAPPENS BETWEEN THE MANUFACTURER AND GOEDEKER'S IS NON OF MY BUSINESS! If I receive a damaged item as a consumer, the item should be replaced immediately! It is not December and my original order was placed in September. I got an email stating that my item was being delivered 12/3/18 and now it got updated to 12/16/18!!! Unbelievableee!!! The only reason I did not cancel the order was because I already have the one pair of the nightstand!!! This is theee worst experience ever!!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS PLACE. They advertise lowest price but their follow through and customer service is terrible. Not worth the hassle. I ordered a dresser and nightstand. About two weeks later I call to find out what's going on with my order and they tell me that the nightstand is on backorder. No one called me at any moment to notify me that this was the case. I asked to cancel my order and they charged me $180. I talked to the manager and a few different customer service staff and everyone said different things and gave me the runaround. Not to mention the "manager" Adam hung up on me. They preferred to charge me $180 instead of making things right and keeping my business. Read the fine print. They make sure to cover themselves on everything. I'm not surprised they have such small print and confusing return policies after what I went through. I'm sure this happens a lot.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Purchased a picture frame from them and it was completely damaged. The box was not marked Fragile, Handle with Care Glass. When received came in a million pieces. Took photos and sent to them still no resolution. They want to send us replacement parts, what replacement parts are you going to send if picture frame and glass is completely destroyed. Are you kidding me. We will never buy anything from these people again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Hello! After deep search for online appliance shopping, I find out the here you get best price and service, and a large inventory to this company. I got my LuxCare 4.4 Cu. Ft. Island White Stackable Front Load Washer With Steam Cycle - Energy Star Electrolux-EFLS617SIW - with lower price than BestBuy or Home Depot or Lowe's or Sears - Amazon - etc, and are tax-free Buy with confidence!!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I purchased kitchen suites, stove, dishwasher, icebox freezer, and then an additional icebox from Goedeker's. I went with them due to a friend's reference, looking at her product, and then also looking at the product that Goedeker's had to offer, as well as price, delivery and warranties. I made the purchase online four months ago, and although I'm not a computer or online savvy, the purchasing process was very easy. Any sales associate that I had to speak to on the phone was very courteous and helpful. Everything was delivered to me. It was a very convenient and great experience. People should not shop anywhere else. Instead, they should go straight online and visit Goedeker’s.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

My dining table came damaged, but they are refusing to replace it because I failed to notify the damage within 48 hours of delivery as I was traveling abroad (I notified them about a week from delivery), even though the damage was none of my fault.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I ordered a refrigerator from these folks and they have repeatedly sent me emails delaying the shipment from one month to another and then another. It has been 3 months, I finally ordered the same product this weekend from Home Depot for less money and it will arrive in two days. BEWARE!!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Be forewarned that if you buy something from Goedeker's and return it, you will pay for shipping twice. I purchased a pair of wooden candle holders for $168.98, which were advertised as "free shipping". I am sending the candle holders back (never removed from box) because they were much larger than expected. Goedekers says they will refund me only $135.24, after deducting $32.74 for their original shipping cost! That is not "free shipping". Now I have to pay return shipping, which cost me $64.60. So in short I lost $97.34 for ordering something I did not keep. I won't be back!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I was looking for something and I saw Goedeker's online. I ordered the item from them online, but the product that I got was cheaply made and it didn't have good instructions in putting it together. Then, since I didn't want white which doesn't work with my stuff, I painted it because it only comes in white. But other than that, the item arrived on time.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

From order to delivery, Goedeker's was amazing. The team was great to work with keeping you up to date at every stage, even more so when helping to resolve an issue with a manufacturer defect. Definitely the place to go to for great service.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I purchased a couch online on Goedeker's. The process was easy and straightforward. I called and my interaction with the reps was short and fine but I felt like they were trying to get off the phone quickly. But overall, I am happy with the quality of the couch.

Goedeker's expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1951, Goedeker's has become a household name in St. Louis, and expanded operations online in 2008. They are the owners of Number1Direct and one of the largest independent retailers and home appliances in the U.S.

• Deep discount options: Selling floor models and items with minor dents or scratches, Goedeker's offers deep discounts on name brand appliances.

• Easy to use buying guides: Learn everything there is to know before making a purchase with the comprehensive buying guides on the Goedeker's website.

• Free nationwide delivery: Other small specialty retailers limit their appliance delivery area, but Goedeker's offers free delivery on qualifying purchases to anywhere in the lower 48 states.

• No hassle returns: Return any item with no restocking fee for any reason within 30 days.

• Financing available: Through a partnership with MySynchrony, Goedeker's offers easy financing options to their customers.

• Best for: Frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs