Call toll free
4.42/5

Ballwin, MO

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1951, Goedeker's has been providing our customers the largest selection of appliances and furniture all under one roof. One of the largest independent dealers of appliances in the United States, we are committed to providing quality, long lasting products at the lowest price possible. From plumbing and lighting goods to sofas and end-tables, let us be your one-stop shop destination.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1382 Goedeker's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Received the TV Stand prior to heading out of town. Checked the packaging over prior to leaving and did not see any damage. Planned to open and assembly once I returned. Upon returning home, I began to open the box and saw a hole in the box that had been hidden underneath the stretch wrap. The hole looked to be from a forklift fork. This event that caused the hole appeared to shift everything around and had damaged a majority of the pieces in the process. Since I had missed the 48 hour window, I could not get a full new TV stand shipped to replace the damaged one. Thus, I had to tally up all of the damaged pieces to get replacements, which I am still in waiting on a month later. My belief for a better customer experience would have been to replace the entire TV Stand since the pictures I submitted showed that it was still in the box.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Recently switched an all electric double oven range to a KitchenAid dual fuel range from Goedeker's. Their online service goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. The transaction was perfect. I will buy again from this first-rate retailer. 100% satisfaction!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

WARNING: CROOKED RETURN POLICY... Bought a Whirlpool stove on 4th of July 2018. The stove was delivered damaged... It's been 3 1/2 months and they WILL NOT Replace It... ADAM ** from Goedeker's promised to replace the damaged stove but recanted his promise 2 months later. He is a LIAR and won't return my calls. I've left numerous voicemails & many emails, NO RESPONSE! Now they won't even replace the damaged part. NO refund, NO replacement, NO repair. 3 Months trying to get this resolved but they have been non-responsive and elusive. I'm stuck with a damaged stove!!!, DO NOT BUY from this GOEDEKER'S. They use a DISHONEST 48-HOUR RETURN POLICY to screw you over.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I had an item on order from Moe’s, but they had put me off for two months, delivery-wise. They told me they were gonna deliver, but they didn’t, so I finally canceled that order and went with Goedeker’s. Purchasing the four-door refrigerator with Goedeker’s was great and they beat the price of other companies. I called in and talked to somebody and my interaction with the rep was great. They scheduled the delivery. However, during the delivery, I didn’t get a notification 30 minutes out. I knew that they were coming that day but not exactly the window. I got a call when the delivery person was at my driveway and I was at work, so it was a bit of a hiccup. But the gentleman that was driving was very kind and very nice when I got there and he helped me out and went over and above. The quality of the appliance is good and the cost is fine. I’ve told a couple of people about Goedeker’s and have recommended them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I liked Goedeker’s furniture style and I bought a king-size bed from them. I did it by phone and had an amazing experience with the lady that helped me. She was very clear in everything and she helped me out to solve all of my questions. Originally, she told me that the delivery was gonna take between two and three weeks. I was gonna be out of town, so we scheduled it one week ahead just to skip my time out of town. But it reached a lot of time before the schedule, so I had to schedule the pick-up myself. And when I opened one of the boxes, it smelled funny, like it had a lot of moisture and was kept in a close location. Other than that, it is a good quality bed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goedeker's?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Extremely poor customer service. The GE cooktop was defective, I called & spoke to customer service & was told to send in a picture of the serial #. I did that & was told my order was 32 days ago (2 days passed) so denied my exchange.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I bought a bookcase and a desk from Goedeker’s. When I was looking up the bookcase, Goedeker’s was one of the cheaper ones that I found so I went with them. Ordering online was easy and the products have very good quality. Everything was great with my experience with Goedeker’s.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

We purchased the 20'' stove for our new efficiency apartment which was just finished October 5. The builder installed the stove and the original boxes were hauled off. My husband went to try out the new stove today and it does not work!! Now we have to figure out what to do.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Goedeker's had what I was looking for so I ordered from them and the process was fine. We scheduled a delivery and the team brought it in and they were great. The furniture got here on time, which was what I expected, and it is good quality. I would recommend Godeker's.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I would definitely recommend Goedeker's. My brother told me about them and I ordered a washer and dryer from them a few years ago before this latest purchase. It was a good experience I had with them last time. It was straightforward and with better price rate, and that attracted me. So, based on my first experience with them, I came back and bought a dishwasher. I ordered it online and doing that was easy. The delivery was made on time and as I expected. We had done a little shopping around beforehand, so I knew that was the dishwasher I wanted. The quality of the product that I got is good and it has been performing well.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Goedeker's will not stand behind the products they sell. I received a defective recliner. It had a broken piece inside the back. There was no "visible" damage when I received chair. However, after a couple weeks of use, it became very obvious something was wrong and the chair soon became unusable. After months of attempting to get a resolution, Goedeker's stated the internal damage was probably due to shipping damage and since I didn't report it within 48 hours of receiving the product, they can't do anything about it. I explained that there was no visible damage to report at the time I received it and that it took a few weeks of use for it to become obvious. They still would not offer any assistance. So now I'm stuck with a chaise lounge recliner that is unusable sitting in the corner of my living room. This has definitely been the worst online purchase experience ever! Also, don't believe their "philosophy" that they state on their website. It's just a sale's pitch.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Quick delivery and excellent price. The refrigerator came without any damage. Previously purchased Toto toilets with washlets and found best price on this site. Also smooth and quick delivery without any damage to goods. Very easy site to navigate and order placement.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

KitchenAid refrigerator & double oven. This is latest of other purchases I have made with Goedekers. Candidly, I made these purchases after research to find the best prices for high end appliances that are to be installed in a new home under construction. Cannot say enough about the competitive price, excellent communication & delivery without issue and on time as advised. Thank you!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

When doing a complete remodel in my home, I needed all new appliances. My interior designer suggested Goedeker's. I had shopped the big box stores and found their prices to be to lowest. No delivery charge and no tax, that was a huge savings right there. The representative on the phone was great, she walked me through the whole transaction and selections. I didn't need to take delivery for some time and they held my order and my pricing for almost three months. Upon delivery it was fast and on time and no damages. I would most certainly tell anybody to use them, it was a great experience and I am enjoying my new appliances.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

It has been 2 months since I placed my order. I’ve been told weekly that it has shipped, that the delivery is scheduled, that someone will contact me and here we are still with no order. I've reached out to customer service but they have no resolution. I am deeply disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I purchased through the Goedeker’s Website a Sunset Oak Selections Light Oak Drop Leaf 3-Piece Dining Set with Arrowback Chairs. It was delivered damaged. I reported it damaged to their customer service department. After the initial contact there was no response to my multiple emails; there were no returned phone calls. This necessitated a personal visit to the store (I happen to live in the St. Louis area). I finally got the damaged table out of my apartment and a new table ordered. It came damaged. After more struggle with customer service including non-answered emails and not-returned phone calls I ended up repairing the table myself.

After negotiations they agreed to a 10% discount for a “blemished” table. For the hours of lack of communication, my frustration, my traveling to their store, my lugging and storing the damaged tables in my apartment they offered me – a five year extended warranty! The warranty was worthless as I had repaired the table myself, voiding the original manufacturer’s warranty. The furniture was good for the price. The poor packaging was the reason for the damage. I cannot recommend Sunset Trading until their packaging is improved. Customer Service at Goedeker’s is terrible. Unless you get an outstanding price and want to gamble that everything will be perfect, do not shop at Goedeker’s Superstore.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Sales team was helpful and informative. Updated our information quickly when a correction was made. Our order arrived in a timely manner and we were able to coordinate a smooth delivery. I would definitely order from Goedeker's again and recommend to others.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I was skeptical of buying a refrigerator online but the whole process was simple and easy. The price was excellent and the delivery was on time and painless. I will buy from them again in the future and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

My wife loves her Speed Queen washer. There are so many different options from which to choose just the right cycle for the items you are washing that it makes wash time an actual pleasure. You get the kind of wash you want. Our clothes come out clean without being battered and tangled by the typical central agitator other machines have. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

In our previous purchases through Goedeker's, we liked the service, the price and the speed of delivery. It was a good way to buy appliances. So, we went back and purchased again with them. This time, we got a dishwasher and ordering it online was quick, clear, and very easy. The item was delivered in good shape. We like KitchenAid appliances and we like the product that we got. It is working great.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

GOEDEKER'S WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY. I ordered 3 tables from this company in August. Two of them were broken. The customer service told me to send them back. Now they say that they will not refund me because they are broken. AFTER they already received the item back. So they took my money and the products. Worst company and customer service liars that I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I have made three separate purchases from Goedeker's. Each time flawless customer service and great prices. GE slide-in stove, and two sets of washer dryers, for my two homes. I will happily recommend this firm to my friends and work colleagues.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I was charged $79.99 for shipping on a refrigerator. Shipping should be refunded. I refused delivery of the appliance. It was too deep for my cubby. The salesman misinformed me. He told me that it was 32.5 inches and ended up being 35.5 inches. Their policy is free shipping to the curb and $79.99 to deliver into the house. We measured BEFORE the appliance was taken off the truck so I refused delivery. I should not have been charged for the delivery since it never left the truck. Their policy tricks you into to thinking that the delivery is free unless the item is brought into the house. They are sneaky and tricky. I would not buy from them again. I want a refund.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I received my cooktop quickly. It's still in the box because we are in the middle of the remodel. I am excited to unpack and start cooking on it. It has a griddle and a wok grill that were part of the reason I went with this model.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I ordered the Five Star range top. I am extremely happy with the service I received at Goedeker's. My range top was on backorder but the company checked in with me frequently to update me on ship dates. Thanks so very much!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Goedekers sold me a damaged loveseat for $769.00 and refused to replace or refund. To return the chair to them, they will charge me $350. Don't buy from them. Go to your local store and buy even if it cost a little bit more. I'm stuck with a ripped loveseat.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

We had a great experience with your company. Everything from ordering online to the shipping company holding our order to delivery. The only thing I wish I would have known was that the inside of the dishwasher was not completely stainless steel. I was disappointed but had to come to terms that regardless, it will still clean my dishes. But I do wish that has been in the description. I still would highly recommend Goedeker's.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I ordered 4 bar height chairs. Very good quality and the best price I could find. Delivery was very quick and the communication about the status of the order was excellent. Deliver came via a carrier with a semi-truck. Worked ok for us but depending on where you live could be an issue. I was expecting UPS /FedEx etc. They did call me and tell me they were on the way. That was good.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Our counter-depth JennAir went kaput and we had to find a replacement fridge quickly. Goedeker's was one of the few places that had units that were of the (very limited) size we needed. What I truly appreciated was the customer service over the phone. The agent was kind, knowledgeable and thorough. The price was, I feel, the best available. What was even better was that the unit was delivered a couple weeks earlier than we expected! I will definitely refer to them when we have to replace other appliances!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We have used Goedeker's a couple time and both time we were very happy about our savings and products. 1st order went very easy and pain free. 2nd order was a little rocky. We order over 5000 in appliances which would have costed over 7000 at our local dealer. The microwave had a dent in the door and the oven completely didn’t work. The oven was backordered in the first place so we decided to have a repairman fix it. It was a bad circuit board. Bad luck I guess. All was covered under factory warranty and it was repaired within 3 week of installing the oven. The microwave took almost a month but Goedeker's sent us a brand new door and I installed it with ease. It took Goedeker's almost 3 weeks to reply to emails and phone calls regarding the door. But all was replaced with no added charge to me. I still recommend this company to all of our friends.

Goedeker's expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1951, Goedeker's has become a household name in St. Louis, and expanded operations online in 2008. They are the owners of Number1Direct and one of the largest independent retailers and home appliances in the U.S.

• Deep discount options: Selling floor models and items with minor dents or scratches, Goedeker's offers deep discounts on name brand appliances.

• Easy to use buying guides: Learn everything there is to know before making a purchase with the comprehensive buying guides on the Goedeker's website.

• Free nationwide delivery: Other small specialty retailers limit their appliance delivery area, but Goedeker's offers free delivery on qualifying purchases to anywhere in the lower 48 states.

• No hassle returns: Return any item with no restocking fee for any reason within 30 days.

• Financing available: Through a partnership with MySynchrony, Goedeker's offers easy financing options to their customers.

• Best for: Frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs