4.31/5
Based on 548 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Ballwin, MO

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1951, Goedeker's has been providing our customers the largest selection of appliances and furniture all under one roof. One of the largest independent dealers of appliances in the United States, we are committed to providing quality, long lasting products at the lowest price possible. From plumbing and lighting goods to sofas and end-tables, let us be your one-stop shop destination.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 21, 2018

1047 Goedeker's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

Goedeker’s had the range hood we were looking for. It was quite a high-end range hood and not many people stocked it. We live in Pennsylvania, and ordering it online was very simple and straightforward. Then I immediately got notified of the shipping and it arrived on time and the appliance is definitely quality. They met all my expectations and it really was an excellent experience.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2018

The online ordering process at Goedeker's was awesome. They're very helpful. Like when I was looking for a product and the rep said, "Well, I think it's sold. Hang on. I think I have another one." She went out of her way to save me a few bucks. The delivery of the product was outstanding too. My girlfriend and her son picked it up for me and it was released to them so they didn’t have to sit around too long. Everybody loves the appliance. I bought it for a rental and that actually helped sell it.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I purchased 4 Toto Ultramax II toilets after finding such great prices on your site. Quality products at great prices with quick shipping! I am very happy that I found your site! I will be checking back as I start more home improvement projects!

Original review: April 18, 2018

I liked the price and the variety of things that Goedeker's carried. I purchased from them and my experience was great. They were pretty responsive on emails but they sell a lot of things that they don't carry in stock at their facility in Missouri. So, if you buy something from them, it usually ends up being shipped by the manufacturer directly to you rather than them shipping it to you. And the manufacturer doesn’t always do a good job of communicating with them as to when the item is gonna be shipped and whether it's available. Some of the shipping dates that I got seemed to be a little bit off, but ultimately, everything got here in a reasonable time frame. Everything was undamaged and in good shape. The bottomline was they got a great product at a great price that ended up being delivered timely. It took about 30 days or a little bit longer to get it, but that was on the manufacturer.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Shipping company was first class. Refrigerator arrived in perfect condition. The delivery company help unbox for inspection and help look the refrigerator for damage. Price was great and Model was what we were looking for. Shipping is no longer a concern after using Goedeker's.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goedeker's?

Original review: April 17, 2018

Thank you for a great experience. The Boraan 24 in counter stools were on back order. I received them before the date you had stated. We have put them together, so much heavier and very well constructed. We are very happy with our purchase. Thank you, hope to come back again. God's blessings on your businesses.

Original review: April 16, 2018

When I first ordered from this store I was excited to find my couch and get it delivered to my new soon to be home, well long story short the landlord pulled out of her contract and we were unable to move in. So I asked a rep to change the address or cancel the order, and was told couldn't do either. Then once I told them to cancel everything, they all of a sudden could change the address and it was approved for shipping. Waited 3 weeks, dealing with the delivery company for the couch and was told the store would not approve the new address even though in email I was approved. After speaking with them on the phone, they told me cancellation was possible or because they could only deliver to a home that no one resides at I could pick up from an hour away. All of things which were told were not possible until I got upset with them, and then all of a sudden there were other options.

I told them cancel the order, I refuse to accept as the home is vacant and it is a gated community. The couch would be left stranded to the public. I am unable to leave work to pick up the couch when they are giving me less than 24 hours in advance to accept delivery. It was truly unprofessional! I will never order from this company again, and I refuse to promote or refer this company to anyone I know.

Original review: April 16, 2018

We got a great deal on a GE wall oven. Delivery time was a bit long and the shipping box was beat up pretty bad when it arrived but oven was packed well inside and no damage. Works and looks great and my wife is happy so overall it was good experience. Would recommend this company if looking for great deals on appliances.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I appreciated the attentive service from Goedeker's. I purchased a Maytag washer and dryer, which was delivered on time and in good condition. The salespeople on the phones were helpful and concerned when I called, and were always able to answer my questions with dependable and reliable information.

Original review: April 16, 2018

The price through Goedeker's was better than anybody else on the web. They notified me that there would be a backlog getting the ice maker in from KitchenAid. It arrived box in perfect order. Very courteous delivery, very happy and will do business with them again.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I called in over the weekend or on Friday finally to speak to a female rep that agreed the situation has been dragging on too long. She called the supplier and got some answers. I appreciate her time and caring in this matter because it has not felt like the supplier has cared at all nor did they want to accept their mistakes or their shipping company's mistakes.

Original review: April 16, 2018

The double oven is now installed and my kitchen looks gorgeous. The price difference was definitely worth a couple of weeks waiting time. Men who delivered were extremely nice. I will be buying more from Goedeker's in the future. Telling all of my friends where to go for fabulous sales service and pricing.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Goedeker's provided an all-around excellent online ordering experience for a new 36" gas range. From start to delivery, it was a seamless, flawless experience! I would order online from Goedeker's again. Excellent job Goedeker's! I would also recommend them to friends and family!

Original review: April 15, 2018

Great way to order large appliances. You save money, you get it delivered in perfect condition in your house (extra $50), and you don’t need to scour the stores and end up settling on a different model from what you wanted. I bought a Whirlpool gas range in black stainless with Wi-Fi connectivity. You can scan the barcodes from the food you want to cook, and it automatically sets the temp and times for perfect results. All from your phone, or iPad.

Original review: April 15, 2018

The dryer came banged up. Customer service rep was polite and somewhat helpful but didn’t keep good notes, make the address and phone change and told me we could receive a new dryer then sent a repairman out that can’t fix it. So now we play the waiting game to see if this can be fixed. It’s been 2 months since I placed the order and don’t have a working dryer.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Wonderful Hudson Square extension table! Exactly what I was looking for and offered at a competitive price. Delivery took a little longer than expected, but one phone call fixed the problem! Great Customer Service! Table was very well packaged and easy to put together.

Original review: April 15, 2018

The Glow Light Vista 6 bulb chandelier is so beautiful in our newly put back together home in Port Aransas, TX. We were devastated by Hurricane Harvey, and this sparkly light makes it remodel complete!! I had a of couple the crystals with extra hole in each end and missing the tiny metal piece. Called Goedeker's customer service and Amber helped me get replacement crystals and new ones should be here in the next week!

Original review: April 14, 2018

3 iconic Napoleonic counter stools - Very sturdy and well built. Much larger in scale than I envisioned, but getting used to them. Seats are very hard and had to buy cushions for them. Arrived in good condition but each package was short in the number of screws!

Original review: April 11, 2018

On Feb. 21, we bought a kitchen range for $1,551.18. When delivered the top was coated with grime and tape residue. When we cleaned it, we discovered a strange scratch that a store rep explained, saying they'd replace the range top. After waiting several weeks, we requested a new range. It's now April 11. We're still waiting. No new top, no new range. This is our worst buying experience ever. Under no circumstance should these people be trusted in any way.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I am a General Contractor and I specialize in designing and remodeling kitchens. Goedeker's is where I buy all my appliances. They are very knowledgeable, friendly and have great prices. I like the fact that they sell virtually all the major brands so when one of their sales reps recommends something, I feel like they are not trying to push a certain brand because it is the brand that they carry. That gives them credibility. I have never had any issues with any of the many items I have purchased with them. Highly recommended.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Excellent customer service. Kudos to Janis. There were a few bumps, but it all worked out. The price was lower than my local stores. Delivery took a little while. I was wary of using an online store for an such an expensive appliance, but all in all it was a good experience.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I chose the dresser on Goedeker's website, then my mom placed the order online and got it. It was $50 cheaper on the website than just going to the local furniture store. But in retrospect, I would have told my mom, "Why not just go and buy it here?" It was delivered to my house and the delivery was good. However, my mom placed the order for us in the middle of January and we received it around middle of February, and it had a big dent in the top of it. We had to call Goedeker's and then they had somebody come pick it up and then deliver a new one. That process took another one month. But then the drawers don't open and close on the new one that arrived. Goedeker's sent drawer glides. And now, at the end of this month somebody is supposed to come to install the drawer glides. But it's disappointing just waiting three months.

The other unfortunate part is I've been trying to contact them to explain my situation to a supervisor and say this is not a normal transaction from their end. It's definitely not a normal transaction from my side, and can they order store credit of some amount as a goodwill for all the problems. But the frontline people that I talked to said it's outside of their jurisdiction. I've left three messages to the customer service provider and no one has ever called me back.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Love this piece of furniture! It is well made for a cheaper price than most like it. Sturdy and I love the layout, with a cabinet hiding 4 shelves, along with 3 open shelves, and 2 drawers. It also showed up in a timely fashion and was not too difficult to put together.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I purchased a slide in KitchenAid Induction Range. I dealt with Missy and she handled everything very well. I had called her a number of times to find out different things about the Electric range and she was very Helpful throughout the entire process. Thank You.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I bought a large lift chair online. Although the order took longer to get here than I had hoped, Goedeker’s kept me informed, & things went smoothly—although slowly. The chair was delivered in good shape & was as described. It’s very comfortable, & the color fits well in our family room.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I love it! Everything was great! Fast shipping, great price, tracking updates! I will definitely order from Goedeker's again! 5 stars! Love my nook! I found the breakfast nook I was looking for at a much better price! Customer service great too!

Original review: April 8, 2018

Purchase of Kitchenaide Dishwasher Model KDPM354GBS - Product ordered was as advertised and was bought at a good price for this particular model of dishwasher. I purchased it over the phone on February 26, 2018 and sales rep was very polite, helpful, and efficient. Order was processed on February 28th. The dishwasher was delivered in good condition by AM Trucking. I am happy with my purchase. I have had a local issue as I could not find anyone to install it. Local and chain realtors only install products bought from their store. I finally found someone April 4, 2018, so I have only run the dishwasher one time since I purchased it. I am happy with the results - dishes were clean and dry. Thanks.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I was searching online for a low price and so I went to Goedeker's. The delivery was fine. The only thing is it was difficult to coordinate with a third party. Because I work out-of-town I tried to make sure that I was gonna be there when they were going to deliver it. That was pretty impossible to coordinate that. I had to go and officially wait for the device to be delivered. And the time they said they were gonna be there -- they ended up getting there way early so it was kind of inconvenient but they still got it there.

Whenever you talk to somebody, all they know is that this is when it's on the truck, this is whenever it can be there. And they don't know what else to say. They're like, "Oh, we don't know. We can put in a request, but we don't know what's gonna happen." And that's pretty pathetic. You need to be able to have somebody to speak to, whether it's the supervisor or whatever, that can give you a definitive answer as to what they can do to deliver at a certain time.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I am happy with my order and the customer service I received. It was a smooth transition. Order arrived timely and price was great. I received a Thank You card for my order which was an unexpected surprise. Highly recommend. Thank you!

Original review: April 7, 2018

I was so pleased. Love all the appliances. The person I ordered from was so curious and helpful. I would recommend this website to anyone and I will order again. Thanks for being such a great company. Order came within a few weeks and no damage.

Goedeker's expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1951, Goedeker's has become a household name in St. Louis, and expanded operations online in 2008. They are the owners of Number1Direct and one of the largest independent retailers and home appliances in the U.S.

• Deep discount options: Selling floor models and items with minor dents or scratches, Goedeker's offers deep discounts on name brand appliances.

• Easy to use buying guides: Learn everything there is to know before making a purchase with the comprehensive buying guides on the Goedeker's website.

• Free nationwide delivery: Other small specialty retailers limit their appliance delivery area, but Goedeker's offers free delivery on qualifying purchases to anywhere in the lower 48 states.

• No hassle returns: Return any item with no restocking fee for any reason within 30 days.

• Financing available: Through a partnership with MySynchrony, Goedeker's offers easy financing options to their customers.

• Best for: Frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs