Call toll free
3.72/5

Ballwin, MO

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1951, Goedeker's has been providing our customers the largest selection of appliances and furniture all under one roof. One of the largest independent dealers of appliances in the United States, we are committed to providing quality, long lasting products at the lowest price possible. From plumbing and lighting goods to sofas and end-tables, let us be your one-stop shop destination.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1473 Goedeker's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

We got a complete kitchen appliance package that includes a refrigerator, a dishwasher, a dual-fuel stove, and a microwave oven from Goedeker's. They had everything we wanted, and we could get it delivered at one whack, and there wasn't a lot of wait time. Goedeker's website was fairly user-friendly. They got so many products that sometimes it gets tripped up. They have such a huge amount of data on their website. I did everything online, but I also called and spoke to one of the call-takers. I just wanted to make sure there were no errors in the order. Everything was great. There were no lies and everything that was said happened.

The delivery went well. Luckily, I had a forklift to unload everything. We got it off the truck and the delivery guy went on down the road. Our house isn't complete. We haven't installed the huge appliances yet, but I unboxed them the day they were delivered to make sure that they were all there and undamaged. Everything was fine. We are gonna be ordering some lighting and different fixtures from Goedeker's because the price is right, and it will be delivered to us. We don't have to play around with ordering and waiting because they tell us if they have it in stock or not. I would recommend Goedeker's. We had zero problems, and everything happened like it should.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

We’re doing a whole house remodel, so we purchased a bunch of appliances from Goedeker's. We got a range, a refrigerator-freezer, and a dishwasher. We have also purchased from them five years ago and we like that they’re regional. They’re in St. Louis but they have more of an Internet-based pricing. The big and positive arbitrage was the sales tax savings. Their prices are naturally aggressive, but it was a combination of those two that was our primary reason for going with Goedeker's. We ordered our items online and the process was good. It was a $14,000 order, so I didn’t just do the shopping cart. I went ahead and called them and did it all manually to make sure it all went through correctly. The guy who I spoke with was really helpful.

For the delivery of the appliances, the freight company called me and we responded to the options. The overall delivery experience was fine and the quality of the items we bought is good. We had a little bit of an issue with the range but I don't think it had something to do with Goedeker's. There was a bit of a nesting material in the inside of the range and it was like there was a mouse that got in the box. I’m assuming that happened prior to the factory because it was in a warehouse for a very long time, but we got that resolved.

Overall, our transaction with Goedeker's was good. It was cost-effective and seamless. If people who come to them know what they want, their customer service is good as well. But if I was trying to figure out what I needed, a local showroom would have been better. But I knew what I wanted to get and I’ve been down this path before, so it was pretty easy in that regard.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

We were researching a specific type of chair, the Power Lift Recliner, and Goedeker's had the type of product that we were looking for. We made the order online and everything went very smoothly. The problem that we had was with the delivery company that delivered the chair. I had bought two of these chairs, identical chairs, to be delivered to my mother and my father at an assisted living. I paid for the White Glove Delivery which meant that they were gonna bring the chairs all the way in, plug them in, set them all up for my parents and remove all the trash.

But the delivery company was only gonna do that from 4 until 9 o'clock at night. I told them there's very limited staff at night in the assisted living and my parents were using their old lift chairs so when the chairs arrive, somebody needs to pull them out. But the company wouldn't change the delivery time to AM hours so I had to cancel it. I even ended up canceling it twice because they kept sending me an email saying, "Oh, we'll be there tomorrow between four and nine." So I called in and then they canceled it. But then they said, "Okay. We'll set it up." They told me that the delivery was gonna be Friday, during the day. But I called back on Friday since I had not heard from them. They said the items were already on the truck and that there was nothing they could do so the shipment would be there between five and nine.

They showed up at 8:30. I had to drive all the way over there and sit there. They were delivering the items at night because they couldn’t get them during the day. That was bad service. But it all worked out at the end. The two young guys were going as fast as they could to get their route done. They were sweating and did exactly what they needed to do. In fact, they were there for 15 minutes because I pulled the chairs out of the way as soon as they arrived and they wheeled them in. It was nothing to set those things up. You slap the back on them and then you plug them in. They did a very good job. The delivery company was not very customer friendly but Goedeker's did everything that we asked them to do. I had done a lot of research. It was the chair that we wanted and it was the right chair. My parents sit on those chairs a lot and they like them very much.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I looked at BestBuy, Lowe's and Home Depot and did price comparisons, and Goedeker's was significantly cheaper. There was almost a $300 difference between Goedeker's price and that of Home Depot or Lowe's with the same model. The model that I wanted to purchase had a lot more features and capacity than some of the same models by Whirlpool but let's say this thing was originally priced at $1,400 and the one Goedeker's was selling was $896. But something that was originally $1,200 was selling for $1,100. The pricing on the item I wanted was so much lower than what I expected it to be. I thought it was great but I couldn’t figure out why so we suspected that there was something wrong with the model.

I didn't know how to complain if the price was so low until I talked to one of their representatives. It turned out that he was really informative and that was a good thing. He was quite helpful and he assured me that that wasn’t the case. He informed me that that Goedeker's is the largest reseller of Whirlpool appliances in the country and sometimes Goedeker's has specials on a certain product line.

I bought the Whirlpool refrigerator online. I’m comfortable buying things online particularly since Goedeker's insurance policy was good to me. They have a warehouse and then they have a distribution, either a subcontractor or an associate contractor. You get notified when it’s gonna be shipped from the warehouse and then when it leaves there, you get a call. They would say that it would be there in two days or so and you have enough time to figure it out. It mustn’t leave the warehouse with a five-day window to when it’s gonna go to the guy who's gonna deliver it. In this case, it was just a day because we’re not that far from them. They called up a day ahead of the time and it was great. Two days before the refrigerator came, the one I was replacing died so the timing was excellent.

They also have different delivery options. With the basic delivery, they deliver the refrigerator in a box, drop it in front of your house and take off then you do the unboxing. But you can pay for the White Glove service and they take the refrigerator out, unfreight it, remove all the packing materials and take that with them. They bring the unit in the house and if there’s stairs involved, it would cost a little more. They roll it right where you want it, plug it in and make sure it’s operating then they leave. I got the White Glove service and it was very good. The people were very sociable and they did a nice job. They also didn’t leave a mess. They picked everything up and took it with them so I was pleased with that. Everything worked out well and I have recommended Goedeker's to other people. So far, the refrigerator is working good as well.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I did an internet search for a particular dryer that we needed and I came across Goedeker's. While the overall ordering process online was super easy, the deciding factor that made us choose them over a different retailer was price. And then, their follow-up was stellar after we had run into a shipping issue with the initial order. I spoke with different people several times and they were amazing. They definitely felt like they cared about what they were doing, what I needed, and probably one of the best customer service experiences I’ve had. So, I went back to look for the additional items that we needed after that. And their prices were great and they were able to arrange a low shipping cost. The delivery also went great. I didn’t even actually know that they were here until after they were here.

From Goedeker's, we've made 2 purchases and we got an electric dryer, two refrigerators and three microwaves for our new building. They’re a name brand, so I expect them to be good quality. Everything’s installed and it all looks great. We’re moving in next week and we haven’t even gotten to use them yet but I think we’ll be happy with them. All in all, Goedeker's is easy to work with and they’ll fix anything that might be wrong throughout the process.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goedeker's?

Original review: April 30, 2019

We purchased appliances, microwave, dishwasher, and stove from Goedeker's and we purchased from them over another retailer because of their prices and the savings on sales tax and that they were available. The timing worked out for us. The ordering process was great. I talked to someone on the phone and she was so helpful. The delivery team was great. They told me when they were gonna be here and it worked fine. They were careful and they waited while we opened and checked the appliances.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Beware of availability issues! They will take your money and then send you endless backorder notices on appliances they said were available when you placed the order. Ordered refrigerator and double oven on March 12th and today, April 26th finally had to cancel the order because they back ordered again until mid-May with no guarantee that they wouldn't back order further. No offer to make it right. Absolute waste of time! Will never buy anything from them again.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I never write reviews but had to do it since this was the worst buying experience I have ever had. This company acts in bad faith, misleads you about product availability and delivery and then charges you for products you do not receive. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! Go to Home Depot and save yourself time and money.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I liked Goedeker's price. I bought a fireplace from them and the ordering process was very easy. But the delivery process took a really long time. I kept getting emails saying there was an update but there was never any update. Other than that, I have the product for about two months now and it's great. I like it and it's perfect. Price value-wise, it was exactly what I was looking for.

Original review: April 18, 2019

These people stole money from me on a transaction that was never completed. When I requested that they return the money to me they would not. Now I am filing a suit with the Attorney General of the USA and of their state to recoup my loss with them. Be smart buyers. Get your appliances or whatever you are considering buying from them somewhere else where they cannot rip you off.

Original review: April 14, 2019

This week (mid April) my BlueStar custom range hood arrived. It was ordered last May. It was supposed to come the end of November with the range but did not show up. When told that the unit (It cost $6700.00) hadn't come, Goedeker's presented a bogus 'Proof of Delivery' and refused to either find the hood or reimburse me for its cost. I filed a complaint with Mastercard and once they began their investigation the hood, magically, appeared (5 months later). I spent a lot of time and money forcing this issue. There wasn't even an apology.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I went online looking for a wine chiller and I liked the style of the one on Goedeker's. I purchased from them for the first time and the process was very streamlined and I didn’t have any problem at all. The delivery went very smoothly and the truck driver was very helpful. The wine chiller has not been installed yet but it’s been very well-constructed and sturdy. Goedeker’s did everything I expected and beyond, plus some. They’re simply on to it and everything was provided.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I was pleased with their selection and price! The estimated shipping time was about four days longer than it was stated, but everything arrives fine. The bench we purchased looks great and they by far had the best price compared to other stores, such as Wayfair and Amazon.

Original review: April 7, 2019

Not sure why, I detailed my experience in my email and also on Google. It’s terrible service all around from delays in response, to not understanding the ask, and lack of action on employees and managers’ part to take action. There was no resolution except a delayed refund and waiting for the box to be picked up for three weeks.

Original review: April 7, 2019

We thought we ordered a rug that was buffalo check ivory. That's what was advertised in the description. Simple enough. What we received was a thick, dark tan rug with black stripes on it. You can barely tell it's supposed to be buffalo check. Anji Mountain, the manufacturer, says the "angle on the phone makes it look different than ours" and refuses to take it back. We have a separate ivory rug underneath it so you can see the color contrast. Goedeker's won't take it back because we threw away the incredibly soiled and damaged plastic wrap it came in. So many better companies out there to buy quality rugs from without false advertising. I also wrote a review on the website with the exact wording as this one, and Goedeker's won't publish it on their website, so their customers are getting censored reviews. Customer deserve way better than this false advertising and censored reviews.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Best prices to be found, but they are cheap for a reason. Customer service is awful and delivery and installation borders on a scam. We have replaced every major appliance in our home in the last 3 years via Goedeker's. They treated us like trash when delivery and installation was an issue (again!) last month. We purchased delivery and installation from Goedeker's. You pay extra if you want them to deliver INTO the house. I guess some customers do their cooking and cleaning at the curb and we are unusual. Okay, we paid up but the difference in their prices vs. local appliance stores (who actually can help you pick out good appliances) was diminishing.

In our case, in No. CA, our products were shipped and installed by AM Trucking (Goedekers choice, not ours). AM Trucking is a trucking company. The young men who delivered the products were delivery men. They claimed not to know how to install the dryer (and the microwave last time). That ended up not being an issue because the dryer arrived damaged and we did not accept it. Informed of the installation issue, customer service could not be bothered. They said our problem was with AM Trucking and work it out with them. I didn't pay AM (consequently, they could care less about me, I'm not their client), I paid Goedeker's. All this to say, if all you care about is saving about 5% when all is said and done, Goedeker's might work for you. Buyer beware.

Original review: April 6, 2019

We bought a towel rack. The dimensions were incorrectly labeled by 5-7 inches, which made a huge difference in our kitchen. Customer service wouldn’t let us return or exchange. I would never purchase anything from Goedeker's again and I’ve let my friends and clients know what happened.

Original review: April 6, 2019

The Strata large double twist table is simply Amazing and beautiful! I ordered three of them and they are unique and quite the conversation piece! Massive amounts of compliments on them! Thank you Godeker's for incredible, unique products and Superb customer service!

Original review: April 4, 2019

All appliances arrived for the kitchen remodel in sufficient time for installation dates and none were damaged. This wasn’t my first order which also arrived unscathed. I bought a five burner cooktop wall oven microwave with trim kit dishwasher and floor vacuum and four hanging glass pendant fixtures.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I was searching for a vent hood and I found the one I wanted at a place called Discount Bandit. I took a chance and they said they’ll have to match me up with a retailer. Goedeker’s happened to be the one they matched me up with and I purchased online. Unfortunately, the vent hood I got was damaged. I didn’t actually open the box within 48 hours so we’ve been emailing back and forth, and it took about 4 weeks to get the return instructions. They arranged the return and I just got the email from them yesterday about how to return the item. So, I’ve got it all boxed up and I would drop it off. I have also ordered another one directly on Goedeker’s this time since I now know about them. It's already been shipped and I'm waiting for it to get to me.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I have purchased something from Goedeker's before and I like having my item shipped to me instead of picking it up. They are also competitive on the pricing because they don’t charge for taxes to Texas. When our dishwasher had broken, I tried to find somewhere that could ship a new one in a decent timeline. I ordered a dishwasher from Goedeker's online and it didn’t take too much of a time as I knew what I wanted. I called them and they said that it would be here in a couple of weeks. After all that was said and done, it was a month or sometime before it was actually at our house. I was a little bit frustrated that we have gone for that long without a dishwasher. They should try to get a better handle on estimating shipment delivery because it was far-off when I got my hands on my dishwasher. Still, while the delivery part was a little poor, the quality of the dishwasher is good. I've owned it for a couple of months now.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I had a refrigerator that I purchased from Goedeker's. It took a month to get the item and there was some damage to the refrigerator. But they offered to send someone out to repair it, and I just have to schedule it. Despite that, I had a good experience purchasing from Goedeker's. It was convenient and the price was good. The quality of the refrigerator was okay too, even though it still needs repairing.

Original review: March 27, 2019

We found the tables we wanted online and they happened to be from Goedeker's. The first time I've purchased from them went well and it was smooth. The tables came a lot sooner than we expected. We didn’t get any tracking information and they just showed up. Still, it was all easy and as expected. The quality of the tables is really good and we like them. They’re really pretty and I like the style. Their cost was good as well. The tables were available on a few other sites but they were the least expensive ones that we found.

Original review: March 26, 2019

An Ottoman I ordered arrived damaged. They replaced it, but it took 3-4 weeks. The second one also arrived damaged, but the damage was much less and not very visible so I decided to keep it. A few weeks later, the faux-leather started splitting in multiple places. About a month after my second complaint, they finally replied that I was way outside the return window and wouldn't allow a return. They wouldn't replace again as it was out-of-stock and discontinued. They offered a 10% refund. I ended up paying >$200 for an Ottoman with damaged wood trim and splitting fabric. Very unsatisfied with the product, the customer service response time, and the resolution.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Poor customer service. Poor return policy. If there is an issue with your order, they will give you the runaround in hopes you go away. I ordered a treehouse bed. Two boxes were delivered. Opened boxes to discover numerous parts were missing. Have been in contact with them for months now and still do not have missing parts. Their answer to issue is “the two boxes were delivered” even though the two boxes did not include the whole bed. Refuses to address the missing part issue. God forbid you ask for a refund or to return the order. They informed me that would cost me $240. Keep in mind I have notified them numerous times (even sending pics of the items received in each box) and they still refuse to acknowledge anything is missing.

The best part is they didn’t have a problem charging my credit card for the full order, which I am disputing for the third time! They are crooks and will find a way to make the issue your problem and make you pay for it. They even sent a copy of the delivery ticket to my credit card company and whited out the comment I put on there stating that I didn’t know if the two boxes contained the entire bed. For all I knew there were more boxes to come because it doesn’t tell you on each box what is inside. Deceitful liars that do not give a rip about whether you have a horrible experience or making issues right! Too bad you can’t give negative star reviews! Biggest pain I have ever dealt with!

Original review: March 26, 2019

Updated on 03/28/2019: This an update to the review I wrote on the 26 of March. The ONLY part covered under that 10 year warranty for the Maytag refrigerator is the compressor! And I mentioned in the first review that the microwave circuit board for the underneath light is shot. They only coverage there would be for the main circuit that operates the actual use of the microwave. The repair of the broken fridge door is $700 + $350 labor, pick up and redelivery. I should have gone to Lowe's and that's where I'm going to get a new refrigerator. I hope this info helps someone!

Original Review: Explained I had a budget but I wanted a kitchen that would last. Maytag was pointed out in that it had a 10-year limited warranty on each item. I purchased a stove, a refrigerator, a dishwasher and a microwave. A year I after my purchase, the extendable shelf broke off. I took it out as I never used it because without it, I could put milk and juices and the taller things I use in front of it. In late 2018, the door broke and it's still broken because, in spite of product having a 10-year warranty on each item, they say I am under NO warranty. When I got a good look at the bottom of the French door, saw it was plastic and that's why there were plastic pieces on the floor, what broke apart was a plastic piece that fit under this heavy door to hold it up.

I called Goedeker's but never received a call. I finally called Maytag direct and believing I had some parts coverage, Maytag called them for me and that's where I learned I had none. Two weeks ago the bulb to the light under the microwave burned out and the circuit board with it. I'm not covered for that either. They don't stand behind what they sell and I'm grateful I didn't purchase more. I'm Grateful, but I'm angry. I tried many times to speak with Mr. Goedeker, but he would never come to the phone. I urge buyers to be very careful before they purchase from This expensive box store as their only interest seems to be in the money. I live on social security and now have to figure out how to pay for the repair visit, a new fridge door and to fix the microwave.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I was online looking for velvet stools. I found Goedeker's and I liked the look of their velvet stools better than others. It was easy purchasing online and the delivery went well. The quality of the stools is good and I'm happy I purchased from them.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I bought a chair, sofa and ottoman. Order # **. All were delivered broken... Every corner, boards and cuts. I called. They promised they would fix like new... Should have never trusted them. It is 1 year later now. Furniture is still not fixed, all is still broken. Promised me a new chair and then took back that promise. Send people 2 times to fix and don't have right parts to fix. Not how a supposed Christian Company should treat anyone. Customer service is worst ever, just plain incompetence. I just want this broken furniture returned and my money back. Jon **.

Original review: March 8, 2019

We were looking specifically for a rug and found it at Goedeker's. We ordered it online and the process was very easy. The delivery was perfect. Also, the quality and the price of the rug are excellent.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Ordering and purchasing processes are effortless; however, delivering was a bit hick-up. It took almost a whole month to get the product while it was supposed to be 2 weeks. I would purchase product with Goedeker's again. Gave it four 2 stars.

Goedeker's expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1951, Goedeker's has become a household name in St. Louis, and expanded operations online in 2008. They are the owners of Number1Direct and one of the largest independent retailers and home appliances in the U.S.

• Deep discount options: Selling floor models and items with minor dents or scratches, Goedeker's offers deep discounts on name brand appliances.

• Easy to use buying guides: Learn everything there is to know before making a purchase with the comprehensive buying guides on the Goedeker's website.

• Free nationwide delivery: Other small specialty retailers limit their appliance delivery area, but Goedeker's offers free delivery on qualifying purchases to anywhere in the lower 48 states.

• No hassle returns: Return any item with no restocking fee for any reason within 30 days.

• Financing available: Through a partnership with MySynchrony, Goedeker's offers easy financing options to their customers.

• Best for: Frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs