4.64/5

Need an appliance store?

Babylon, NY

Plesser's appliance is a family owned business that was founded in 1919. One of the nations oldest appliance and electronics retailers. We pride ourselves on our excellent reputation in the industry.

We offer the best in prices and service. "Its always lesser at Plesser," is our motto. Feel free to call us 7 days a week with any appliance questions you may have. We offer nationwide shipping on most major brands of appliances.

View More View More

215 Plessers Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 14, 2019

I recently purchased KitchenAid double wall ovens from Plessers. Several years ago I bought a KitchenAid cooktop from Plessers. Both online shopping experiences were terrific. I live in Pennsylvania. My wall ovens were delivered by freight delivery in a timely manner and the delivery people were careful and courteous. Stephen ** at Plessers facilitated the sale. He is experienced and efficient. Plessers gives the very best prices and you can't beat the free 10-year warranty. I plan to buy all of my appliances from them. Highly recommend.

Original review: March 13, 2019

So glad I found Plessers. I have been shopping for a gas range, and had been put off by the prices. Then I found Plessers. By far the best price, and a 10 yr warranty and free in home delivery can't be beat. I called them to make sure the ad was legit and was so lucky to have spoken with the "Amazing Jennifer." So knowledgeable and fun to talk to. She walked me through the process and made me feel at ease. Like an old friend. I will definitely buy from them again.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
    Original review: March 7, 2019

I purchased a refrigerator, dryer, and washer at Plessers. This was for the first time I shopped at this appliance store and my overall experience was AMAZING! Especially, the level of customer service I received was great! Aziz our salesperson, was very knowledgeable and patient. He took the time to address all of my inquiries and I even learned a few things in the process. I would definitely recommend Plessers and will shop here again.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I recently purchased a refrigerator, range, dishwasher and microwave from Plessers Appliances by phone. My customer assistant, Jennifer, was great. She helped me find appliances when I wasn’t sure what I wanted. She was very knowledgeable, friendly, and got me good prices. I haven’t received my order yet, but the company has been good with keeping me informed on the delivery.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I used to buy appliances at big box stores. I thought I was saving money. Now I just go there to see what I want to buy and avoid the rude salesperson at Home Depot who can't add. I searched online and found Plessers. What a pleasant salesperson, Barry. He was professional knowledgeable and what a deal! I saved hundreds. Who would have thought I would have made this big a purchase this way. They made it easy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plessers Appliances?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

From start to finish, this company has been a pleasure to do business with and I would not hesitate to make future purchases with them! First of all, I got a great price followed by a very reasonable delivery time even though I am on the other side of the country. I was constantly kept informed of the progress of my purchase and projected delivery date which was extremely helpful.

My original sales rep was very patient and explained all of my questions to my full satisfaction without any high pressure pitches. Once I made my purchase he followed up with emails containing receipts, warranties and contact info. Since I live out of the free delivery area (I still saved money even with a delivery charge!) I was notified by the shipper when I would be expecting delivery the next day and then again by the driver who called me a few hours before arriving.

Once the packaging was removed I noticed a small crease in the front of one of the two freezer drawers. I was told I could refuse delivery but I OK'd it with proper notation of damage complete with description and photos. I felt confident the cosmetic damage could be easily taken care of and since we were living in an area ravaged by wildfire and I was eager to have the comfort of a working refrigerator again after living for 2 months out of coolers and under desk mini-fridges. Once I reported the situation to Plessers they were on it! They found me a local repair shop who scheduled the assessment appointment followed by the installation of the replacement part while diligently keeping in constant contact with me until the matter was resolved to my full satisfaction.

Afterwards, a follow-up call to make sure I was completely satisfied reminded me of how businesses from years ago used to be. Courteous treatment of their customers from beginning to end while delivering a quality product. I felt as though I had stepped back in time when when both customer satisfaction was truly important and employee pride in the company they worked for was paramount. In the future, Plessers Appliances will be the first place I go to from now on!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I needed a few basic appliances and had no idea where to start. Mark was very helpful and together we found what I was looking for. I am going back for additional items to complete my project and look forward to working with Mark again.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Jennifer ** is amazing! She not only got me the best deal on the internet for my Samsung refrigerator, but she also found me two additional rebates that saved me even more! Delivery from NY to MN took no time at all, and the whole process was easy and stress free. Very thorough follow-up with regards to product and rebate information (via email), as well as the shipping details. I can't believe I'd never heard of Plessers before, but I will gladly shop again, and will be directing my friends and family their direction.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

First-time customer, but a true believer. I shopped a specific KitchenAid range for months, and Plessers came through for me with a fantastic price, amazing customer service (shout-out to Steve, who went out of his way to address my requests) and fast, friendly delivery team (thanks, Jermaine and Ivan). Between the Gold delivery rebate and the 10-year parts warranty, I could not have been happier with the whole experience.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I had been researching appliances for a kitchen remodel and wanted to speak to someone with more information than I was finding at my local big box stores. Barry was very helpful and answered my questions. Wonderful service.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

In renovating a kitchen, we needed to buy a new refrigerator, range and microwave/convection oven. We did due diligence in comparing products/pricing on Home Depot and Lowe's websites. Lowe's wouldn't answer the phone and the extended run around with Home Depot was laughable. Plessers came up on a Google search and I figured it was worth a call. A succinct, knowledgeable and pleasant Barry ** gave us a better offer than Lowe's or Home Depot for the same appliances, suggested pipes and bits that a new appliance would need, and suggested excellent appliance guarantees.

He was patient in reviewing our measurement figures and suggested the refrigerator door could be removed to come through our narrow front door. Called back when he said he would, got answers to detailed questions, was kind, polite, thorough and prompt. We have just placed our order and are awaiting the delivery of the new appliances, but for ordering, Plessers and specifically Barry ** will make your life exponentially easier.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

The price was too good to pass up, so I ordered to refrigerator from Plesser's understanding that they were in New York, and I was in Wisconsin. But they offered free shipping! That was in October. The fridge was back ordered with expected delivery in early Dec. I could live with that. But almost 4 months later, I STILL don't have my fridge! The first delivered on January 24 was damaged! Why would anyone try to deliver a visibly damaged fridge?! I'm still waiting for a replacement. Plesser's isn't returning my calls. I'm so over this! Buyer beware!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Joline the Customer Service Manager is the best! I purchased all of my appliances for my new home in SC from Plessers in Babylon, NY. The Whirlpool refrigerator was a lemon and had to be replaced. The second Whirlpool was also a dud and Joline was able to work with Whirlpool to refund my entire purchase amount from 2 years ago and have them pick up the refrigerator. We now have purchased an LG from Plessers and everything is perfect. Joline spent numerous hours on the phone with me and with Whirlpool to finalize the return. I can't thank Joline enough! Way to go! Just a note... Whirlpool no longer makes the 2 refrigerators that I bought due to so many problems.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I recently bought a high-end Dacor wall oven from Plessers. (I had bought a refrigerator a couple of years ago from Plessers and very happy with the customer experience. So decided to go back to Plessers for my next appliance buy.) Jennifer was really great to work with and was very knowledgeable about the appliance and took care of all the details of the order, shipping and delivery. Very happy with the excellent sales interaction with Jennifer and the purchasing experience.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Plessers is the best - great products, price, and customer service - Joline rocks! Recent purchase - KitchenAid refrigerator - 5 door French door. I knew what I was interested in, and Eugene was very helpful.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

First let me say Plessers had the best price on the refrigerator that I was looking at. I ordered my appliance online and saved about 500.00 over buying it locally. One thing Plessers advertised, was the $100.00 rebate. Although I would think I would get the rebate regardless of where I bought the product, Plessers made it clear that one was available. Locally I wasn't aware of the rebate. Additionally there wasn't any sales tax.

Unfortunately my refrigerator arrived with a dent in the front of the door, even though all packaging was clearly intact. When I contacted Plessers they were right on getting the door replaced. Once the new door arrived there was a dent on the top of the door. The door was re-ordered and finally a new door without a dent was installed. I didn't mind the wait since I was able to use the refrigerator in the meantime. I am very happy with my purchase.

During the time I was waiting for the door to arrive, Brianna, my customer service rep would contact me on a regular basis to see if the serviceman has been out as scheduled, or if the new door had been installed. Her follow up was absolutely AMAZING. We only corresponded by email, but it was easy to tell she is a very pleasant person to work with. I think Plessers is fortunate to have an employee that really cares about their customers. The service that Brianna provides and the prices that Plessers provides will keep customers coming back. I know I will when I need other appliances. Thank you SO much.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I had an issue with the rebate and she was able to resolve it without and issues. This is a good case for user error. She has helped me with problems as well. Love my appliances! Thanks Joline for being there!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Every step of the way there was someone available to answer questions and resolve issues. Laury ** was excellent in getting the last issue resolved in a prompt fashion. She was courteous and straight no games.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I wanted to convey my experience with Plessers Internet sales department. First let me say I've never ordered anything online with such a large value, and it was a little scary. However, I had heard about Plessers from a general contractor in Hilton Head SC so I went for it. I must say they were great, and absolutely had the very best prices as I checked with 5 different sources.

My internet sales associate Barry ** was so helpful, patient, and pleasant as I worked my way through the ordering process. I had to order 6 appliances for a new construction home and he was totally forthcoming about all details involved. He didn't have an attitude, nor did he try to rush me through in order to move to another call. It was Dec. 31st and I'm sure the phones were blowing up with last minute calls in order take advantage of rebates, etc., but he wasn't trying to push me - very refreshing! I would certainly say Plessers is the place to buy from and my sales associate Barry ** was A+. I wouldn't hesitate to tell folks to use them - you will not regret the decision!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Great experience. The price was incredible for our new Samsung refrigerator. Barry was professional and knowledgeable and gave us every discount and rebate possible. I would recommend this store to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I was in the market for a Samsung 4 door refrigerator and, after doing my research, I purchased a unit on Plessers website. They were a few hundred less than their competitors, but no shipping and no tax sealed the deal. I received an e-mail a few days later confirming that the model I wanted was on back order and it would be a month before they had more product. I called in to cancel the order and Jennifer was ready to help. I told her we were remodeling and had several projects timed out, so we couldn't wait 6 weeks for the unit. She confirmed that Lowe's and Home Depot were on back order as well and pulled comparable Samsung models for me to check out. We wound up choosing a comparable model they had in stock and Jennifer went out of her way to make sure I was satisfied with the product. Jennifer provided an excellent customer service experience!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Plessers Appliances is the best in price and service. Plessers Appliance is the greatest appliance store. I give it FIVE STARS out of FIVE STARS. I ordered a Samsung Gas Cooktop online and received it very promptly and double boxed. They have excellent customer service. When I experienced a problem, Ms. Brianna **, handled it quickly and to my complete satisfaction. If you are shopping online and comparing prices and quality, you cannot do better than Plessers. Recommended with the Highest Regard.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Ordered Samsung Refrigerator by phone. Plessers sales staff was very professional and helpful. Delivery was prompt and product was unpackaged and brought into our kitchen area ready for installation. The only problem I experienced was submitting the rebate through a 3rd party vendor. I contacted Laury ** with Plessers Customer Service Dept and she was able to resolve these problems within a couple of minutes. I will always check with Plessers in the future for any of my appliance needs.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I can't say enough good things about Jennifer ** my salesperson at Plessers. She found the best prices for all my kitchen appliances, and searched the available rebate offers, and gave me links to make applying for them easy. They have not been delivered yet, but I expect good service there too. Thank you Jennifer!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Placed my order on the 18th of December and have been advised I won't have it until the 22nd of January! I have reached out to Plessers and AM Home Delivery about the delay and was advised that my shipment was at the Local trucking terminal on Monday January 13, but they are unable to deliver until next week Monday or Tuesday! Just what I wanted my new Range sitting around a trucking terminal for a week! For the little bit of money I saved I wish I would have bought my Range locally! Surely not worth the aggravation of dealing with AM Home Delivery and Plessers.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I called the store after 7pm this evening to place an order and was disappointed to learn that the store was closed. To my surprise, I received a call from Jennifer ** a little after 8pm, as she heard the 2 messages I left. She could not have been more helpful and pleasant to converse with. She was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions without hesitation. I would highly recommend this store and Jennifer particularly as a great representation for Plessers.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Awesome one-stop shopping experience to outfit a kitchen in an investment property with appliances. Barry was incredibly helpful and had every brand/model that I needed at competitive prices, provided incentive on shipping and was flexible with delivery timing. Such a great experience that I called him back 2 days later to replace the refrigerator in my home. My new appliance go-to resource! Barry is awesome.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Stephen was helpful, knowledgeable, and patient with us as we figured out the best laundry center for our tiny space. When we had to make a change at the last minute, he handled it with ease and professionalism. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Jennifer helped me find and order the appliances we needed for our new home. She asked important questions to reach the final decisions of what to purchase. She explained the process for getting them ordered and delivered. Plessers price beat everyone else plus Jennifer found rebates allowing us to save even more. I haven't received our purchases yet, but believe everything will be perfect!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I was online shopping Plesser and just a little confused with some expiring specials and rebates so I called into their NY office. I spoke with Jennifer and she was fantastic. I actually had a lot of questions before placing an order and she had all the answers. Very helpful, very quick, and very pleasant. I would recommend them to anyone shopping for kitchen appliances. I am very pleased with Plesser.

Plessers Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1919, Plessers Appliances continues to offer old-fashioned service but with modern buying power. As a member of the Inter-Country nationwide appliance co-op, they bring nine billion dollars in sales to the table, so they can stay competitive with large chains and big box stores.

• Fast delivery: Using five fully stocked warehouses allows for quick delivery at virtually any address.

• Discount credit available: Buy and pay no interest for 12 months on qualifying purchases at Plessers Appliances, with credit approval.

• Wide selection: Plessers Appliances carries almost 100 different brands, offering a wide selection of appliances to choose from.

• Limited 10-year warranty: Although it does not cover labor or freight charges, this limited warranty will offer free replacement parts during the covered period. This is one of the longest warranty options on the market.

• Shipping discounts available: Plessers Appliances frequently runs free shipping promotions and installation within their New York service area.

• Best for: Luxe shoppers, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs