4.32/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Plessers Appliances

Plesser's appliance is a family owned business that was founded in 1919. One of the nations oldest appliance and electronics retailers. We pride ourselves on our excellent reputation in the industry.

We offer the best in prices and service. "Its always lesser at Plesser," is our motto. Feel free to call us 7 days a week with any appliance questions you may have. We offer nationwide shipping on most major brands of appliances.

Find out more Find out more
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

115 Plessers Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

This has to be the worst experience I have ever had purchasing an appliance. Placed the order on Sept. 1, 2017. A series of delivery days ensued and get a call from the trucking company at 5.30 pm on Oct 10th that they are delivering it at 7 am on Oct 11. Never got a call from Plessers asking if the date and time worked for me... then the delivery guys would not take my old refrigerator even though Steve the salesman told me for $35 they would haul away my old refrigerator. And today the customer service team at Plessers are not being helpful. Beware of this company.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

If you want the best buying experience for appliances that you have ever had, go to Plessers and ask for Jennifer. She is the best of the best. Jennifer will get the best deal for you and be with you from start to finish. You will not find better prices any place. Plessers is the best and can not be beat. They will treat you as family.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I have been researching refrigerators for about a week trying to find one that met all of our requirements, i.e.: Best price, cabinet depth, black stainless, etc. When I contacted Plessers' customer service I had the good fortune to speak to a very professional customer service representative, Jennifer **, she patiently & expertly explained the details surrounding our purchase. I had explored all other options & Plessers' offered the best price by far.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

This is my first order with Plessers. I am very impressed already, and I haven't even received my invoice yet. My sales rep was Jennifer **--very personable yet efficient. She has supplied me with information about my order that really eases my concern in buying a major appliance from a new company. I also read reviews for the company and feel very confident in my purchase, and the price beat other companies prices for the same item.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I looked around Denver for a Refridge, decided to look on internet before purchase. I was very very nervous about purchasing thru internet, The price was 800.00 less than buying local, decided to give it a try, really pleased from start to finish. Very easy. No hassle. Would highly recommend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plessers Appliances?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

First, Plessers had the best price, including shipping and tax. Then they had a 10 year parts warranty included. Then they added a 5 year labor warranty for only 10% of the unit (ice makers fail for more than that) and if I don't use it, I get 50% back. Then when it was delivered, there was a ding in the side panel, of the door. They gave me the choice of 10% off, or replace the door. The ding, was not on a side we would normally see all the time, so we took the discount. Delivery took longer than we wanted, but we weren't in a rush so it was worth it. Very happy with them as a supplier.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Re: Jennifer **. If I were asked for recommendations for customer support, I would highly recommend Jennifer **. Jennifer has been a pleasure to work with over the past few months. She was very knowledgeable and helpful when we purchased our new appliances from Plessers for our new home. She always put forth her best effort to make sure we understood the procedures from start to finish. I always felt her warm smile even though our conversations were via phone. Way to go, Jennifer!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

First of all, I contacted Plessers at 9:00 PM EST expecting a recording giving me their store hours. But much to my surprise I was greeted by a very pleasant woman named Jennifer. I explained the purpose of my call was to get clarification regarding their delivery service and number of flights of steps involved with my house. Jennifer took the time to answer my questions and then politely asked if I wanted her help placing an order. I was planning on ordering my new washer and dryer via Plessers' website since it was late, but thought since she was so pleasant answering my delivery questions why not...

That's when I accidentally and inexplicably hung up on her twice while fulfilling the transaction. She called back immediately both times and joked about it. I couldn't be happier with the AMAZING savings at Plessers Appliance as well as the exceptional customer service. Now I just hope the delivery is as professional. If so, I will be back again for all my aging appliances.

Resolution response: Aug. 4, 2017

Despite what I've said about the customer service and delivery Barry did a very good job. He explained the pros and cons of buying and the best way to purchase something from Plessers. Call him at ** if you are interested in the price or have a problem.

Original review: July 30, 2017

Do NOT believe any of the 5 star reviews, they are fake. I'm sitting here on a Sunday waiting for a delivery which was to be made between 12-4 with a half hour phone call saying they are coming. It is 3:42 and no call! I was supposed to have the delivery on Friday but got a call at 9 saying the truck broke down. Believe the one star reviews and don't buy from Plessers because, yes, they have college girls that can't handle a bad situation and really don't care. The discounted price is not worth the aggravation!!!

Original review: July 29, 2017

Jennifer at Plessers is definitely a plus. She helped me patiently through selection and purchase of an appliance. She even searched rebates to see what I was eligible for. In addition, I was given her direct company email in case I had follow up questions. I can't rate this personalized online experience high enough.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Very Poor communication, Very Poor Customer Service and Very Poor Delivery Service. I submitted an order, received confirmation 3 days later. I telephoned before confirmation to get an estimate on delivery time while window was still open for cancelation. However, Plessers Appliances stated "they have no idea". Delivery was set for a whopping 3 weeks later, some 6 business days after order placement thru email!!! (So a temporary refrigerator had to be purchased to store food). I called to prevent that specifying there was no refrigeration in the home and if there was an estimate of over 5 days I would purchase from a different company. Then I was told... "that is the usual time period". It came 2 weeks later. Delivery was horrible! I am accustomed to good customer service from centers.

I spent an extra $50 for Gold Package delivery, which ONLY means leaving it inside your house verses at your front door. No set up, just put it inside your home. They did remove the box and packing foam... BUT THREW IT ON THE FRONT LAWN! To end even more horribly! I called Plessers and told them this experience and no lie... she replied... "What do you want us to do about it, we are in New York, do you want us to go back and pick up the trash"?! AND SHE WAS THE STATED MANAGER!!! I will campaign against this company based on my experience. One star is too much. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!

Original review: July 10, 2017

Since this was my first time online ordering appliances, I felt very nervous and unsure about purchasing off a brochure. However, Jennifer put me at ease very quickly with her professionalism and knowledge of the Samsung refrigerator. My original intent was to check stock and price on the refrigerator only and look at purchasing the other kitchen items later in the year. But Jennifer convinced me of the significant cost savings by bundle purchasing all the appliances, which is what I did. Later research proved that I had received a great deal and quality brand items. Thanks, Jennifer.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Barry **, one of the company's representative that I spoke with, was one of the most attentive, courteous, efficient, concerned and responsive persons that I have ever been able to speak with, in dealing with my purchasing an item for my home. I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT ANYONE making a purchase or having any problem or complaint with Plessers Appliances, should always ask to speak with Mr. **. The company should be EXTREMELY proud to have Mr. ** as a representative of Plessers Appliances. Thank you.

Original review: June 14, 2017

This is the second time I have dealt with Plessers ordering some high end grills & couldn't be more please with their professionalism & service! I would highly recommend them when it comes to knowledgeable people & awesome customer service!

Original review: June 2, 2017

Purchased new KitchenAid appliances from Plessers. Have not yet taken delivery but so far very happy. Steve ** was very patient in helping us with our decision and gave us good deal. Alicia ** in customer service was extremely helpful following up on our order and in helping process our online rebate application.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I went into Plessers about 2 months ago to purchase a full kitchen worth of appliances. I dealt with Stephen ** in the showroom. I went in for a new stove, refrigerator and dishwasher. After shopping the price around for a few weeks I decided to go back and make the purchase. Plessers was not only the best price but they had the best follow up as well. The two other stores I went to, no one bothered to take down any of my information. They just wanted to make a sale that day. Stephen took down all my info and even checked in with me to see if I had any questions or was ready to purchase. I felt if he cared enough before the sale then he would do the same afterwards. I was correct. This is the reason for the review. I was also notified after delivery that a new rebate had come out and he missed getting it to me. He sent me the form and I got back an additional $125.

I now see why Plessers is almost a 100 year old company. They definitely care about their customers and their staff builds relationships. I will tell all my friends to shop here in the future. I will save time and not shop around, there is no need. They had price and service hard to find today. Thank you Stephen and the Plessers staff. Job well done.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Terrible experience with this place. I ordered a cooktop on a Thursday, and called one week after to check the status. The Customer Service told me it would be shipped on the following Monday via UPS and would send me the tracking number by then. I waited till Monday and nothing happened. I called on the next day (Tuesday), they told me the shipment has not left yet and it would be shipped on Thurs. I asked why it could not be shipped as scheduled. They said because they only have outbound truck on every Tuesday and Thursday.

I questioned them why I was told the shipment would be shipped via UPS on Monday. The excuse they gave me was that the shipment is too big for UPS to handle thus it has to be shipped via a different carrier. The first time I ever heard that UPS cannot ship a 36" cooktop because it's too big. I asked for cancelling the order as I don't how much more delay it could be. Then they told me there would be 15% cancellation fee charged if I chose to cancel. OMG, the product has not left their warehouse yet, and they already want to charge for cancellation. I'm totally disappointed. Will never order from this place again. It's a joke.

Original review: May 19, 2017

WARNING!!! Beware. They will lie to you and threaten you!!! I purchased an LG range from them back April 21 and it was suppose to be delivered to me today (FINALLY) and they canceled my order, told the local delivery company to return the range to them all because I wrote a BAD review on them. This all happens AFTER I have been charged and made a payment on the credit card for this item. Seems to me they are pouting babies. That if you don't like me, I don't do for you. So childish. GROW UP!!!

I really don't see how they see this as legal. I am contacting Consumer Affairs as well as BBB and consulting with an attorney on this matter. This is a crap company. They can't even afford to buy the merchandise, that's why I was charged back in April so they could have the money to buy it for me. It finally came delivery time and they did this. THEY ARE SO WRONG. I was to expect a delivery between 12-4 today. So I have spent my day waiting on the delivery.

At 5 I had not seen or heard from anyone so I called the delivery company to check the status. I was told I needed to call Plessers. I did so and the lady rudely hung up on me two times. I was left here waiting all day and no one called me to inform me of any of this. THEY ARE EVIL!!! God will take care of you. Your time will come. Don't be surprised if you have to close your doors. STAY AWAY!!! THEY WILL ROB YOU! THEY HAVE NO CONCERN FOR OTHERS!!!

Original review: April 15, 2017

My experience with Plessers has been quite good overall. They have very helpful customer service, excellent prices and fast response to phone calls and emails even around holiday weekends. Would recommend.

Original review: March 31, 2017

I usually don't write review but this time, Plesser's has won me over and deserve to be given 5 stars. Plessers provided services I have not received anywhere in very long time. Stephen, the sales personnel was efficient and prompt and in answering my questions and providing me great information about the product to make purchasing decision. When I had minor defect on the appliance, a number of Plesser's personnel worked so well together to provide me the compensation for the defect. The moment Stephen referred me to Laury in the customer service department; Laury was prompt in communicating with me. Plesser's gave me compensating options for the minor defect on the refrigerator. I am really happy with the service I have so far received from Plesser's. I will definitely purchase from them again. Great sales and customer service.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

This is my 2nd time purchasing from Plessers.com. Jennifer was very helpful, went above and beyond taking the time to help me figure out which stove to purchase and the best deal. She also helped me figure out what washer stand to get for the washer I purchased in November.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Jeneen **, the Customer Service Coordinator, was very responsive and helpful in answering any questions; I emailed her regarding the refrigerator I purchased from Plesser's. Highly recommend this business for buying your appliances.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Hi there, I had a great experience with Jennifer from Plessers Appliances. I have been looking for a great deal on a LG refrigerator and I stumbled on to Plessers website. It was around 7:30 PST and they had the best deal I have found anywhere but the sale was over that same day so I called the 800 number and Jennifer answered the phone. I had no idea that it was in New York and I was in California. I was lucky that she answered the phone on a Friday night at 10:30 EST and she assured me that I would get that price because she was working late that night. The store normally closes at 8:00 EST. So I'm so thankful that she was there and that she even picked up the phone. So I Highly recommend Jennifer at Plessers Appliances.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Customer service and prices that cannot be beat! Jennifer, you are an absolute MARVEL! Thank you so much for helping us get our washer and dryer at such a great price. As we have a kitchen renovation coming up, you can bet I will be calling you again! You were also so much fun to talk to! Made me giggle, : P.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I bought a Lynx gas grill and a Viking cooktop from Plessers. Jennifer helped me pick the best grill for my applications and she was patient and knowledgeable. She told me delivery would take 2-3 weeks and grill arrived exactly at 2 weeks, exactly as described. The entire process was painless. I will be buying a Subzero fridge sometime next year and I am going to them. Best price, best delivery (quick), best service... who says you can't get all 3.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

I had a terrible experience with a Frigidaire refrigerator that I bought from Plessers. I contacted Frigidaire for one year, they did nothing to help. They didn't even honor their warranty. So I called Plessers and after a week they came back to tell me they were replacing the refrigerator for me. Although I would never buy another Frigidaire/Electrolux product, I would continue to deal with Plessers. If it wasn't for them I would still have a leaking refrigerator. Thank you Jeanine and Joline.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

We traveled about 40 minutes to get to Plessers Appliances because we had heard they have good prices. When we got there we were greeted by Joe ** who had to deal with my uncertainty about replacing my old working appliances. I was hesitant about retrofitting the new appliances into existing size requirements. He researched and gave me the pictures and specs on each. He took an enormous amount of time with us and patiently watched us leave without purchasing that day. We returned and purchased 4 appliances and asked for them to be delivered in about a month. We heard from Plessers as soon as we purchased and they continued contact to establish a delivery date. Whenever I had a question, Joe responded to my phone calls. Everything went smoothly with the installation except my granite needed to be cut to allow for the stove to be completely installed. It was noted on receipt that the installation was not complete.

Meanwhile, my freezer would not freeze. I contacted customer service and spoke to Dominique ** who immediately got a service repairman from Samsung to come over the next day. He noted that the refrigerator had no Freon. I requested a new refrigerator and was told that they would bring one in about 10 days due to not having any in stock. I was upset about the wait, so Dominique spoke to Joe and I was offered another refrigerator sooner, but it wouldn't fit in my space. When I did get my new refrigerator, the installer did not forget about my stove. He noted what was written on my receipt and installed the stove. Dominique, from customer service, was extremely helpful and always returned our phone calls and followed up with emails. Yes, I had to wait for the new refrigerator, but Plessers has the best customer service I have ever had to deal with. We would purchase from them again.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

Once I selected the type of range I wanted to get, I started looking around for good prices. Plessers had the best one on that day. That wasn't the 5-star part. The 5-star part was and is Jennifer **, whom I was lucky enough to reach when I phoned. Due to a number of recent events, I was extremely anxious about the purchase. Jennifer thoroughly negotiated all the discounts and perks she could and explained how to secure the additional rebates. When I was having trouble finding a contractor to help me with my concerns, she was beyond patient. I suspect that, had it not been for Ms. **, I would have canceled the purchase. Her attention and thoughtfulness is rare in the current retail environment. Because of her, Plessers will be the first place I look for all my appliance purchases (and, due to the age of my house, the appliances are dropping like flies). Thanks, Jennifer!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

WOW! I as always, I searched fervently prior to making such a large purchase of all new major kitchen appliances. I did my homework and narrowed down the specific items and decided to purchase from Plessers because of Price, No Shipping Costs and No Sales Taxes. Dealing with Plessers was as good an experience as one could have. Laury ** is professional and efficient as a Customer Services representative. From sales to service I am pleased and have referred Plessers Appliances to several friends.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

I just had a refrigerator, oven and microwave delivered. I was somewhat hesitant to order from a company I did not know anything about. I cannot say enough good about this company so far. Our appliances were delivered right when they promised. When I contacted customer service via email they responded within an hour. The delivery men (Dwight and Matt) were wonderful and very professional and kind. The appliances were delivered in perfect condition (still have to open the microwave). LOVE this company so far and would highly recommend them.

Plessers Appliances Company Information