4.87/5
Based on 56 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need an appliance store?

Babylon, NY

Plesser's appliance is a family owned business that was founded in 1919. One of the nations oldest appliance and electronics retailers. We pride ourselves on our excellent reputation in the industry.

We offer the best in prices and service. "Its always lesser at Plesser," is our motto. Feel free to call us 7 days a week with any appliance questions you may have. We offer nationwide shipping on most major brands of appliances.

View More View More

161 Plessers Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 8, 2018

I am pretty new in the process of buying online instead of ordering a two day delivery from my local store but... I thought the price difference was dramatic enough to warrant the purchase. This was confirmed by the treatment I received from John **/sales representative. He answered all my questions politely and with patience. He made me feel that even though I am spending near $2,500.00 on a refrigerator from New York and I am in California, everything would transpire smoothly. I can't speak to that but his friendly attitude is what tipped the scales for me... So I took a chance. I only hope in 2-3 weeks I won't be regretting this purchase with damaged good or some such problem. Awaiting my sales invoice and hoping to be notified when it is shipped. I will try to update this review as the situation develops.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We had a great experience with Eric the sales rep... We had just left PC Richard and were told we would never find a lower priced A/C unit and about 10 minutes after speaking with Eric, he had PC beat and we were sold! I recommend everyone go to Plessers before or after they go to any other appliance store and see how much better you will do there... Thanks again Eric and we will definitely be back.

Plessers Appliances | Reviews • Complaints • Ratings | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: May 31, 2018

Great experience. Eric was helpful and not pushy. Gave me space to analyze and choose. Purchased GE washing machine. Delivery was as scheduled. Technicians doing installation and haul away were super. This was an exceptional experience from start to finish.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I recently purchased all new kitchen appliances from Plessers Appliances in Babylon. I had the pleasure of having Eric ** as my salesman. He was truly wonderful! He was very knowledgeable, helpful and patient. He really went out of his way to take his time with me and make sure I was happy with my purchase. Highly recommended!

Original review: May 24, 2018

My husband and I just purchased all new kitchen appliances for our upcoming kitchen renovation project. We were lucky enough to have M. ** as our salesperson. He made spending all that money a fun experience. He knows his stuff and showed us all kinds of models to compare. We also had a lot of laughs. Would definitely come again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plessers Appliances?

Original review: May 24, 2018

Went to purchase a suite of KitchenAid appliances, and Jen answered all my questions and was so pleasant to work with. She was very efficient and thorough, and overall it was just a great customer service experience. Prices cannot be beat.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Dealing with Plesser's was a very nice experience. We were looking to buy a Samsung Gas Cooktop. The sales consultant I contacted, Mr. Barry **, was excellent, very professional, knowledgeable and patient. After placing the initial order I noticed a drop in the price on their website. When I called and told that to Mr. **, they adjusted the price. Unfortunately, we had to cancel the order as there is long wait for the particular Cooktop we wanted. Plesser's refunded the amount paid. Was a very fine experience overall and would recommend them highly.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I called at the last possible of the day and they called me back so that I could place my order. Jennifer was even able to find me an additional discount! Jennifer ** was awesome and very helpful to answer all my questions.

Original review: April 11, 2018

LG Washer and Dryer Set - My husband and I came in looking for a new washer and dryer set, and were helped by a very polite young man named Eric **. He and the manager Joseph ** made sure that we got a great deal on the price and took the time to go through all the rebate offers that were available to us. During the delivery, the delivery men were courteous and accommodating. This was our second purchase from Plessers. We also bought our kitchen appliances from them a few years back, and we are very pleased with both purchases.

Original review: April 8, 2018

We are remodeling our kitchen and was recommended by our kitchen cabinet place to go to Plessers. Aziz was very helpful - he took the time to understand what we are looking for and give us recommendations to fit our needs. If you ever need any appliances, go to Plessers - they are very helpful!

Original review: March 27, 2018

I appeared at Plessers in Babylon, NY and met with Sales Representative Eric **. He was courteous and extremely helpful. He went on the computer to compare the dimensions of my old washer to make sure my new washer (Speed Queen Washer) would fit. His professionalism was outstanding and he is an asset to the staff at Plessers in Babylon, NY 11702.

Original review: March 23, 2018

When our oven/stove broke a hinge that we discovered was discontinued and no longer available we needed to find a replacement oven. Searching the web we came upon Plesser's Appliances and they had the model we wanted for a really great price. I spoke with Eugene ** at Plesser's to inquire about delivery and removal of our old oven and he could not have been more pleasant and helpful. We have never ordered a large appliance over the internet before but Eugene made sure it was an easy experience and we are looking forward to delivery of our new stove.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Our TV encountered a problem whereby we had no sound but totally black screen. I contacted Plesser's to ask their advice since I was 1 month past the warranty. Joline **, Customer Service Mgr of Plesser's suggested I call Samsung & explain the issue to them. Samsung provided me a one time repair - which was done. Throughout the time of contacting Samsung and the authorized repair service & subsequently repair - Ms. **stayed in contact to ensure everything was taken care of. Plesser's stood behind their product and was willing to further accommodate me if Samsung didn't. Plesser's definitely went beyond the usual Customer Service and would highly recommend them.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Was having difficulty finding the right size/style of refrigerator at a reasonable price and ran across Plessers.com. I did a BUNCH of research on them and decided that this was the place to do business with. When I called, I spoke with Jennifer ** and she was simply AWESOME! I HIGHLY recommend turning to them for great service, a wide selection and prices that I couldn't find anywhere else. Getting to work with Jennifer was an added bonus! Highly Recommended!

Original review: March 13, 2018

I contacted Plessers Appliances when I had difficulty finding a refrigerator I wanted in white. Gene, the manager, was able to immediately search his inventory and found he had just one in stock. He offered to put a "hold" on it while I continued to try to find one in my local area (CA). He explained he could only hold it until 4 p.m. I was unable to get back to him by that time but called first thing the next morning. The refrigerator was still available and he was able to give me the price and terms of a sale that had ended the previous day. Gene was incredibly helpful and very knowledgeable. I truly appreciated his insights and advice.

Original review: March 11, 2018

A wonderful experience, Steve knew the product we wanted and gave us the best price we have seen. It's nice to feel like not everything is a big issue. The feel of dealing with your local merchant, it's the way it should be! Steve was great and so was the price and experience. Thank you.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Steve at Plessers helped me find the best dishwasher for my needs and offered me the best price I could find after shopping around at all the major retailers. My shopping experience was fast and easy with no bargaining at all. The first price offered was the best price anywhere. I will definitely be making another purchase with Steve from Plessers in the future.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Joe ** at Plessers was wonderful. He took time to explain the differences and similarities of the products we were considering to help us make the best decision for our home. We visited the store several times and we're very happy with the service every time. I highly recommend Plessers for appliances! Great prices too! I did a lot of price shopping and Plessers was the best.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Joe at Plessers helped us with our washer/dryer purchase. We quickly went through what we wanted and Joe helped Ian pick out the right model for our family. Delivery set up and rebates in hand! Thank you for the great service.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I originally ordered a new stove from Plessers on 1/9/18. I had a good experience initially with the sales rep. However actually getting the product was easily the worst consumer experience I’ve dealt with. Plessers uses a HORRIBLE shipping company - AM Home Delivery for its national deliveries. So if you live outside NY, don’t bother because it’ll take 6-8 weeks before you ever see your product - if you even do get it (I never did). I’d prefer they charge a shipping cost just to make sure it’s shipped by a reliable logistics company. Also, the whole “no sales tax marketing gimmick”, it’s just deferred sales tax you’re supposed to report on your personal taxes. Do yourself a favor and order from a reliable company who can handle delivering nationwide - because this was clearly an impossible task for Plessers.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I just finished ordering all my kitchen and laundry appliances from Plessers and used the best ever sales associate Barry **. Plessers sells great products and I fully trust them partially because of past experiences but mostly because of Barry. He is professional, knowledgeable about the products and manufactures, kind, patient and HELPFUL. I would recommend you buy your products from Plessers and always ask for BARRY **!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

We have dealt with Stephen ** at Plessers Appliances on numerous occasions. We are a Florida based Building Contractor and have ordered several sets of appliances for new custom homes as well as remodeling projects. From day one, I have been very impressed with Stephen and his dedication to outstanding customer service. He is always very knowledgeable, helpful and professional. We will continue to use Plessers due to Stephen and have referred several individuals and other contractors to him.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I spoke with several people at Plessers, and each person with helpful, pleasant, and patient in answering my questions. I have already started recommending them to friends, and will do business with them in the future.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I called Plessers Appliances and I spoke with Jennifer **. She was great very helpful. She knew her stuff and made me feel like I was an important customer even before I was a customer. I owned a wholesale business for 40 years and I would have loved to have a person like her working for me. I bought from Plessers because of her. She's a keeper.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator from Plessers Appliances. Although I was somewhat apprehensive about purchasing a major appliance from a company I had not done business with previously, they had the best price and were helpful with my initial inquiries. The refrigerator arrived with dings all over the stainless steel doors. We reached out to Alicia from Plessers. She asked for images to confirm the location of the damage which we sent right away. Alicia took charge! Ordered the replacements, called once she received them and inspected them, called again to make sure they arrived in mint condition. Installation was set up and happened quickly and without incident, and was followed by an additional call to be sure all went well. As a business owner that relies on my people to keep our clients coming back, Alicia is a champ. Thanks to Plessers and Samsung. The refrigerator is amazing.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

This is the second time, over a seven-year time period, I've dealt with Plessers Appliances, and have found both times were congenial, competent and non-stressful. We ordered appliances to be delivered cross-country to a rural area in N. CA. Last time we bought a dishwasher and refrigerator, and were able to schedule the delivery without a hitch. Yesterday, I talked with a Gene **, discussing the purchase of a Samsung gas cooktop. He was knowledgeable about the product, and when I called in the next day to purchase it, was helpful in how to coordinate the delivery of the cooktop. For being such a long distance arrangement, Plessers employees, like Gene, make the entire experience seamless and pleasant.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I live in North Carolina and was skeptical about ordering a Frigidaire range online. Plessers had a price that beat everyone else by a few hundred dollars PLUS FREE shipping and a 10 year parts warranty. So, I thought I’d try. Everything went well. Jennifer from Plessers was very pleasant to deal with, very helpful and professional. I had a problem with a gift card I was using and Jennifer was very patient and helpful In having it corrected. A couple of days later I received a call from their distribution contact to confirm it was being shipped 3 days later.

I understand a couple of carriers may be involved in shipping it from New York to North Carolina. I expected it to take a while. The range arrived 9 days after I ordered it! Not a bad delivery time for a major appliance to be delivered. The carriers were excellent. Very pleasant and patient as we inspected it. Thanks to Plessers for such a fine job. I would not hesitate to use them again.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

First let me say that this is the first review I have ever written. I was so impressed with the ease of the ordering process and the helpfulness of the salesman (John). I have never placed such a large order over the phone especially with a business that is out-of-state. John answered all of my questions, placed my order, and promptly emailed me a copy of my transaction. I would definitely recommend Plessers to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Plessers is a great place for all your appliance needs. Great Prices, warranties, and shipping. From now on, my go to, first choice! Eugene ** was very knowledgeable, very helpful, very friendly. Thanks Gene.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Eugene was the person that I had the pleasure of dealing with at Plesser's. I had seen reviews online and was in need of a washing machine. Amazon was my first choice but they did not offer the washer I was interested in. Eugene set me up with no sales tax which I would have had to pay if I chose a local vendor and free shipping which I would not have had with my local vendor as well. Eugene had answers for every question that I had and offered solutions for warranties - what a pleasure dealing with someone that knew their job and showed professionalism. He made me confident that I had made the right choice in choosing Plesser's for my purchase. I look forward to the delivery!! Thanks Eugene!

Plessers Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1919, Plessers Appliances continues to offer old-fashioned service but with modern buying power. As a member of the Inter-Country nationwide appliance co-op, they bring nine billion dollars in sales to the table, so they can stay competitive with large chains and big box stores.

• Fast delivery: Using five fully stocked warehouses allows for quick delivery at virtually any address.

• Discount credit available: Buy and pay no interest for 12 months on qualifying purchases at Plessers Appliances, with credit approval.

• Wide selection: Plessers Appliances carries almost 100 different brands, offering a wide selection of appliances to choose from.

• Limited 10-year warranty: Although it does not cover labor or freight charges, this limited warranty will offer free replacement parts during the covered period. This is one of the longest warranty options on the market.

• Shipping discounts available: Plessers Appliances frequently runs free shipping promotions and installation within their New York service area.

• Best for: Luxe shoppers, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs