4.58/5

Need an appliance store?

Babylon, NY

Plesser's appliance is a family owned business that was founded in 1919. One of the nations oldest appliance and electronics retailers. We pride ourselves on our excellent reputation in the industry.

We offer the best in prices and service. "Its always lesser at Plesser," is our motto. Feel free to call us 7 days a week with any appliance questions you may have. We offer nationwide shipping on most major brands of appliances.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

180 Plessers Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I live in Orange County California, I purchased Samsung Family Hub refrigerator from Plessers Appliance store in New York. I ordered my refrigerator on 10/26/2018. ETA was 11/12/2018. I received it on 11/05/2018. The price for the refrigerator was excellent. Sales Manager Mr. Eugene and Customer Service folks provided excellent service. Samsung dropped the price of the refrigerator when my refrigerator was being shipped. Plessers went out of their way and adjusted my price and gave me refund right away. I will become their repeat customer and I highly recommend to do business with them. Sales manager and Plessers is very trustworthy.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Jennifer from Plessers Appliances was super helpful, knowledgeable and could accommodate all our requests! Great when you get the email and the direct number of a sales person immediately; you got the feeling that the customer really is the king!

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

My husband and I purchased a Frigidaire Professional Series refrigerator at Plessers in 2014. We also purchased a 5 year extended warranty. Within a few months of purchase, we started to have problems with the ice maker. After multiple repairs over a 4 year period, the original problem persisted; there was no apparent fix. Contractually, the manufacturer was not liable any longer. We were now faced with having to purchase a new refrigerator. Jolene from Plessers customer service reached out to us and ultimately became our advocate; her mission was to negotiate with warranty company and manufacturer in order to "make us whole." At the end of the day, we were able to purchase a new Frigidaire with virtually no money lost.

Kudos to Jolene; she was professional, courteous, and attentive. She followed thru from beginning to end. It was so refreshing to deal with somebody that genuinely cared about our situation with absolutely no "run around." I hope that management at Plessers realize what a valuable employee they have. Because of our experience, I would highly recommend Plessers as the go to for all appliances. Once again, thank you so much Jolene for handling our problem professionally and expeditiously. To all future consumers out there reading this review, spend the extra money in order to purchase extended warranty especially on refrigerators; it will prove to be cost effective while giving you peace of mind.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Purchased ice maker online. Price was competitive. Purchased five-year warranty as well. Company included delivery inside home. Will definitely use them for future purchases. We are in Florida and their prices beat all local dealers.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I walked in not really intending to buy anything that day and walked out with EVERYTHING I needed for my new kitchen at the BEST PRICE around. It was just a no brainer. My salesperson got me exactly what I wanted at a great price. He showed me everything including the differences between models and brands. He took a lot of time to explain things, and he also looked around for all the appliances I needed online if they didn't have them in the showroom. I don't recall having an experience like this in a very long time and I've been loyal to on particular store for over 20 years. I got lucky to have Peter as my salesperson and I'm glad I made the leap of faith to go to Plessers. I will review the appliances when I use them. Thanks Peter, and Plessers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plessers Appliances?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

In May I purchased a Samsung washer and dryer from the Southampton branch of Plessers. They have entirely touchpad controls. After one week the touchpad on the washer stopped working, I was unable to adjust the water temp. The salesman I purchased from just shrugged when I told him the problem and then I learned that Samsung DOES NOT service the area I live in (the East End of LI ). WHY was I NOT told this when I bought Samsung brand? It then took almost 4 months to straighten this out. The salesman, Rob, in Plessers Southampton branch offered no help with the problem. I ended up dealing with Samsung directly which was a long drawn out process. Multiple phone calls and emails over 2 months.

I had to chase them to get a response. Samsung finally agreed to credit Plessers for the value of the defective washer so I could replace it. There was never any possibility of having the washer repaired. I chose a GE washer because GE does service this area. The replacement was finally facilitated by Laury in the Babylon office of Plessers. She was very helpful and responsive. If it weren't for her I don't think I would have gotten a fully functioning washer. Unfortunately I now have a mismatched laundry pair (Samsung dryer, GE washer). And I really preferred the Samsung washer to the GE, but I can't see having an appliance that cannot be serviced. Stay away from the Southampton branch is my advice.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I contacted Plessers and was fortunate enough to get connected with Gene. He is a class act, straightforward, and respected me as a customer. He suggested and recommended appliances that were appropriate for my family size and home size. He tried to find me the best deal on the best products and researched to find all the possible rebates available to lower the price even more. Needless to say, I highly recommend working with Gene, you will not be disappointed. Tell him that Mike, a truly satisfied customer, sent you...you won't regret it.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I worked with Jen at Plessers after submitting a question online. She was quick to respond, provided detailed information as well as her phone number in case I had more questions (which I did). She was very patient, and gave me info about a rebate that I didn't even know about. The price of the fridge was so low, I thought it was too good to be true, but the fridge came today and it is perfect!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

We live in Maryland and it takes a little leap of faith to order a major appliance from a retailer a few states away. But we've generally had good experiences. So when we Googled the LG refrigerator we wanted, and Plesser's had the best price (including delivery), we ordered through them. The entire experience was excellent. Communications were clear online, through e-mail and on the phone. The delivery took a little time but went flawlessly. And when I discovered I had made an ordering mistake, Plesser's had a process in place so I could arrange an exchange. And Dere helped me navigate the details efficiently. Actually, she and everyone I dealt with at Plesser's was friendly and professional. Great place.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I ordered, a guy called within 2 days to confirm and discuss in detail. 4 weeks later I e-mail and call to find out where it is. They call my mom, they didn't have that color... Seriously?!? You just talked to me 4 weeks ago to confirm that model in that color.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I am a long time buyer at Plessers Appliance. The salespeople are always nice and friendly. Prices are great. But most importantly, their customer service is the best. I had a problem with Electrolux in the past and Plessers helped to rectify the problem. I recently had a problem with a Bosch refrigerator. Remembering how Plessers helped me once before, I immediately called Plessers and had the pleasure of dealing with Joline **. She listened to my problem and resolved it in less than 10 minutes. She followed up with me to make sure everything worked out. She is a definite asset to Plessers customer service department. Thank you again Joline!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I recently purchased a new Samsung refrigerator from Plessers Appliances. The process was simple, they offered the best value and delivered on time! On top of this, they kindly refunded me $200 after the price had dropped not long after the fridge was delivered. That made my family's day, as we had been saving for a new fridge for some time. I had the pleasure of being supported by Joline **, and will continue to make all our purchases from Plessers in the future! Thank you Joline. :)

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

It's true, it really is lesser at Plessers. I am extremely happy that I found Plessers Appliance by a Google search. I could not be more happy with my new Samsung FlexWash & FlexDry. I really did save several hundred dollars on my purchase; in addition, I received free shipping to OHIO. Furthermore, Barry (from Plessers) made my second order as smooth as silk and he followed up with me making sure I received my rebate forms which means I will be saving even more money! I highly recommend Plessers Appliance and they will be my first choice in any future appliance needs. Finally, the delivery men were great by waiting for a chance for a complete inspection by myself before they pulled away. Thank you Plessers Appliance, I will be telling everyone I know about you, your sales, and your delivery! I could not be happier with my new washer and dryer!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

One of four major appliances arrived with hidden damage. To resolve the problem, I was forced to pay for return shipping. The damage was not discovered during delivery inspection but during installation 3 weeks later. After being informed that the charges are "non-negotiable", take-it-or-leave-it, the company did not respond at all to a number of further requests to re-evaluate their decision. In other words, after the sale, no common courtesy is extended to a customer by their sales representative, not even to just hold hands after a bitter experience. IMHO, placing the responsibility for discovering such damage with the customer seems unfair. This experience has left a bad aftertaste and a resolve not to go there again.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I purchased $12,000 over the phone with sales agent John **. I purchased a complete black stainless steel Samsung kitchen suite (Family Hub refrigerator, gas cooktop, hood, dishwasher and double oven) plus matching Samsung Flex Washer and Flex Dryer both with pedestals. The prices were the lowest I could find on the internet or online, plus shipping was free and there was no tax. I also got an in store and Samsung rebates on top of the low pricing. Items were delivered by freight as promised and in pristine condition. I have recommended Plessers to family and friends and will continue to shop their store. I highly recommend them!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

We worked with Aziz on a kitchen renovation. He was incredibly helpful, always returned my calls and emails, and was very knowledgeable about all of the products we were shopping for. We would definitely go back.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Jennifer **, a sales associate of Plessers.com, helped me with my purchases. She is extremely knowledgeable about the products that I was interested in. Made appropriate suggestions on different models that will work for my situation. She is on top of all the bonuses and add-ons that will enhance one's purchase experience, getting the best pricing, etc. She is never pushy and gives you time to look at different makes and models. Jennifer, you are a definite asset to your company. I will always ask for you to assist me in my future purchases. Thank you so much.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Consumers Kitchens & Baths suggested Plessers for appliances. Had to travel to another county to check out the store. So happy I did. Sales associate, Mr. ** was fantastic. Never again will I shop at Home Depot or Lowe's for appliances.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I’d been to several local stores already looking for a new refrigerator to fit in my new place. Nobody beats Plessers price and customer service. Given this is my first major online appliance purchase I was a bit skeptical especially when I saw their promo (wild week sale). It’s like too good to be true (No sales tax, free delivery plus 10 yr extended warranty). After reading some reviews, I gave it a shot, placed my order and received confirmation. After 2 days during the wild week sale, I went back to their website and noticed that the price For my item dropped further (difference of $158).

I emailed Plessers customer service to verify if my order includes an ice maker connector tubing and expressed my anguished that I should have waited for the last day of their promo so I could have availed of the reduced price. I was wondering if they could adjust the price (no harm to try) but didn’t give high hopes as my transaction was already completed. I was so surprised when they emailed back (they were so responsive) reflecting the adjusted price. This is really something that you can’t find anywhere else, unparalleled customer service! Another happy customer. I am holding up one star and will update review once the item delivered. Kudos to the Plessers team!

Original review: July 8, 2018

I am pretty new in the process of buying online instead of ordering a two day delivery from my local store but... I thought the price difference was dramatic enough to warrant the purchase. This was confirmed by the treatment I received from John **/sales representative. He answered all my questions politely and with patience. He made me feel that even though I am spending near $2,500.00 on a refrigerator from New York and I am in California, everything would transpire smoothly. I can't speak to that but his friendly attitude is what tipped the scales for me... So I took a chance. I only hope in 2-3 weeks I won't be regretting this purchase with damaged good or some such problem. Awaiting my sales invoice and hoping to be notified when it is shipped. I will try to update this review as the situation develops.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We had a great experience with Eric the sales rep... We had just left PC Richard and were told we would never find a lower priced A/C unit and about 10 minutes after speaking with Eric, he had PC beat and we were sold! I recommend everyone go to Plessers before or after they go to any other appliance store and see how much better you will do there... Thanks again Eric and we will definitely be back.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Great experience. Eric was helpful and not pushy. Gave me space to analyze and choose. Purchased GE washing machine. Delivery was as scheduled. Technicians doing installation and haul away were super. This was an exceptional experience from start to finish.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I recently purchased all new kitchen appliances from Plessers Appliances in Babylon. I had the pleasure of having Eric ** as my salesman. He was truly wonderful! He was very knowledgeable, helpful and patient. He really went out of his way to take his time with me and make sure I was happy with my purchase. Highly recommended!

Original review: May 24, 2018

My husband and I just purchased all new kitchen appliances for our upcoming kitchen renovation project. We were lucky enough to have M. ** as our salesperson. He made spending all that money a fun experience. He knows his stuff and showed us all kinds of models to compare. We also had a lot of laughs. Would definitely come again!

Original review: May 24, 2018

Went to purchase a suite of KitchenAid appliances, and Jen answered all my questions and was so pleasant to work with. She was very efficient and thorough, and overall it was just a great customer service experience. Prices cannot be beat.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Dealing with Plesser's was a very nice experience. We were looking to buy a Samsung Gas Cooktop. The sales consultant I contacted, Mr. Barry **, was excellent, very professional, knowledgeable and patient. After placing the initial order I noticed a drop in the price on their website. When I called and told that to Mr. **, they adjusted the price. Unfortunately, we had to cancel the order as there is long wait for the particular Cooktop we wanted. Plesser's refunded the amount paid. Was a very fine experience overall and would recommend them highly.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I called at the last possible of the day and they called me back so that I could place my order. Jennifer was even able to find me an additional discount! Jennifer ** was awesome and very helpful to answer all my questions.

Original review: April 11, 2018

LG Washer and Dryer Set - My husband and I came in looking for a new washer and dryer set, and were helped by a very polite young man named Eric **. He and the manager Joseph ** made sure that we got a great deal on the price and took the time to go through all the rebate offers that were available to us. During the delivery, the delivery men were courteous and accommodating. This was our second purchase from Plessers. We also bought our kitchen appliances from them a few years back, and we are very pleased with both purchases.

Original review: April 8, 2018

We are remodeling our kitchen and was recommended by our kitchen cabinet place to go to Plessers. Aziz was very helpful - he took the time to understand what we are looking for and give us recommendations to fit our needs. If you ever need any appliances, go to Plessers - they are very helpful!

Original review: March 27, 2018

I appeared at Plessers in Babylon, NY and met with Sales Representative Eric **. He was courteous and extremely helpful. He went on the computer to compare the dimensions of my old washer to make sure my new washer (Speed Queen Washer) would fit. His professionalism was outstanding and he is an asset to the staff at Plessers in Babylon, NY 11702.

Plessers Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1919, Plessers Appliances continues to offer old-fashioned service but with modern buying power. As a member of the Inter-Country nationwide appliance co-op, they bring nine billion dollars in sales to the table, so they can stay competitive with large chains and big box stores.

• Fast delivery: Using five fully stocked warehouses allows for quick delivery at virtually any address.

• Discount credit available: Buy and pay no interest for 12 months on qualifying purchases at Plessers Appliances, with credit approval.

• Wide selection: Plessers Appliances carries almost 100 different brands, offering a wide selection of appliances to choose from.

• Limited 10-year warranty: Although it does not cover labor or freight charges, this limited warranty will offer free replacement parts during the covered period. This is one of the longest warranty options on the market.

• Shipping discounts available: Plessers Appliances frequently runs free shipping promotions and installation within their New York service area.

• Best for: Luxe shoppers, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs