Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
4.67/5

Babylon, NY

Plesser's appliance is a family owned business that was founded in 1919. One of the nations oldest appliance and electronics retailers. We pride ourselves on our excellent reputation in the industry.

We offer the best in prices and service. "Its always lesser at Plesser," is our motto. Feel free to call us 7 days a week with any appliance questions you may have. We offer nationwide shipping on most major brands of appliances.

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

230 Plessers Appliances Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 22, 2019

In October of 2017 we had our kitchen completely remodeled. We shopped around for all new appliances. Hands down Plessers beat the competition’s pricing. I have found that to be the case on several occasions over the years. The sales personnel stayed in touch during the purchasing process and called with additional rebate opportunities and made a few changes for me as well, all with little effort from me. For delivery I was turned over to their customer service. Due to issues with cabinetry installation I had to change the appliance delivery date several times. This was not a problem at all. Plessers held the appliances for me and only needed a day’s notice as when to deliver. Great service. But they didn’t stop there. I had taken out extended insurance on all the appliances except the over the range microwave since the contract cost was more than half the price of the unit and wouldn’t be cost effective.

Fourteen months later, two months out of warranty the microwave control panel became loose. The unit worked fine but I didn’t want to operate it in that condition and there didn’t appear to be any way I could fix this myself. I called the manufacturer for help since it seemed to be a small problem and after all it was only slightly out of warranty. They refused any assistance and gave me the number of a certified repair shop. The shop said as simple as it may appear, it will be around $150 for parts and labor. I called Plessers customer service and explained the aforementioned. They advised that I call the manufacturer and ask for a manager (he offered to cover parts but not labor). In the meantime, Plessers would work on it from their end.

Plessers called a short time later and said that they had contacted the manufacturer’s representative for their store as well as a certified repair shop and the situation would be taken care by Plessers and the manufacturer at no cost to me. Two days later all done, as good as new. Customer loyalty and customer service like this is very rare indeed but apparently not at Plessers.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

From start to finish, this company has been a pleasure to do business with and I would not hesitate to make future purchases with them! First of all, I got a great price followed by a very reasonable delivery time even though I am on the other side of the country. I was constantly kept informed of the progress of my purchase and projected delivery date which was extremely helpful.

My original sales rep was very patient and explained all of my questions to my full satisfaction without any high pressure pitches. Once I made my purchase he followed up with emails containing receipts, warranties and contact info. Since I live out of the free delivery area (I still saved money even with a delivery charge!) I was notified by the shipper when I would be expecting delivery the next day and then again by the driver who called me a few hours before arriving.

Once the packaging was removed I noticed a small crease in the front of one of the two freezer drawers. I was told I could refuse delivery but I OK'd it with proper notation of damage complete with description and photos. I felt confident the cosmetic damage could be easily taken care of and since we were living in an area ravaged by wildfire and I was eager to have the comfort of a working refrigerator again after living for 2 months out of coolers and under desk mini-fridges. Once I reported the situation to Plessers they were on it! They found me a local repair shop who scheduled the assessment appointment followed by the installation of the replacement part while diligently keeping in constant contact with me until the matter was resolved to my full satisfaction.

Afterwards, a follow-up call to make sure I was completely satisfied reminded me of how businesses from years ago used to be. Courteous treatment of their customers from beginning to end while delivering a quality product. I felt as though I had stepped back in time when when both customer satisfaction was truly important and employee pride in the company they worked for was paramount. In the future, Plessers Appliances will be the first place I go to from now on!

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

First let me say Plessers had the best price on the refrigerator that I was looking at. I ordered my appliance online and saved about 500.00 over buying it locally. One thing Plessers advertised, was the $100.00 rebate. Although I would think I would get the rebate regardless of where I bought the product, Plessers made it clear that one was available. Locally I wasn't aware of the rebate. Additionally there wasn't any sales tax.

Unfortunately my refrigerator arrived with a dent in the front of the door, even though all packaging was clearly intact. When I contacted Plessers they were right on getting the door replaced. Once the new door arrived there was a dent on the top of the door. The door was re-ordered and finally a new door without a dent was installed. I didn't mind the wait since I was able to use the refrigerator in the meantime. I am very happy with my purchase.

During the time I was waiting for the door to arrive, Brianna, my customer service rep would contact me on a regular basis to see if the serviceman has been out as scheduled, or if the new door had been installed. Her follow up was absolutely AMAZING. We only corresponded by email, but it was easy to tell she is a very pleasant person to work with. I think Plessers is fortunate to have an employee that really cares about their customers. The service that Brianna provides and the prices that Plessers provides will keep customers coming back. I know I will when I need other appliances. Thank you SO much.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

My husband and I purchased a Frigidaire Professional Series refrigerator at Plessers in 2014. We also purchased a 5 year extended warranty. Within a few months of purchase, we started to have problems with the ice maker. After multiple repairs over a 4 year period, the original problem persisted; there was no apparent fix. Contractually, the manufacturer was not liable any longer. We were now faced with having to purchase a new refrigerator. Jolene from Plessers customer service reached out to us and ultimately became our advocate; her mission was to negotiate with warranty company and manufacturer in order to "make us whole." At the end of the day, we were able to purchase a new Frigidaire with virtually no money lost.

Kudos to Jolene; she was professional, courteous, and attentive. She followed thru from beginning to end. It was so refreshing to deal with somebody that genuinely cared about our situation with absolutely no "run around." I hope that management at Plessers realize what a valuable employee they have. Because of our experience, I would highly recommend Plessers as the go to for all appliances. Once again, thank you so much Jolene for handling our problem professionally and expeditiously. To all future consumers out there reading this review, spend the extra money in order to purchase extended warranty especially on refrigerators; it will prove to be cost effective while giving you peace of mind.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I’d been to several local stores already looking for a new refrigerator to fit in my new place. Nobody beats Plessers price and customer service. Given this is my first major online appliance purchase I was a bit skeptical especially when I saw their promo (wild week sale). It’s like too good to be true (No sales tax, free delivery plus 10 yr extended warranty). After reading some reviews, I gave it a shot, placed my order and received confirmation. After 2 days during the wild week sale, I went back to their website and noticed that the price For my item dropped further (difference of $158).

I emailed Plessers customer service to verify if my order includes an ice maker connector tubing and expressed my anguished that I should have waited for the last day of their promo so I could have availed of the reduced price. I was wondering if they could adjust the price (no harm to try) but didn’t give high hopes as my transaction was already completed. I was so surprised when they emailed back (they were so responsive) reflecting the adjusted price. This is really something that you can’t find anywhere else, unparalleled customer service! Another happy customer. I am holding up one star and will update review once the item delivered. Kudos to the Plessers team!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plessers Appliances?

Original review: June 21, 2019

I needed a new Weber grill and after an online search found Plessers to be the best. They had a better price and with free delivery and setup you can’t beat the customer service. Stephen helped me over the phone and when I showed to place the order it was pressure-free and quick. I could have ordered the phone but didn’t have my credit card. Mike from Hauppauge

Original review: June 20, 2019

I ordered a gas cooktop from Plessers 6 months ago and was not only impressed with their sales price (which beat all the others by a significant margin) but found their sales staff pleasant (I dealt with a nice young lady then), knowledgeable, and very helpful. Plessers whole operation, from A-Z, was really excellent. I wish dealing with other online retailers were as trouble free as dealing with Plessers. That is the way it should be, but unfortunately that is not the way things always are these days.

Today I called and ordered a double wall oven from Plessers. Once again their price was quite a bit lower than everyone else's, including Amazon's whose price was significantly higher. I dealt with John **, their phone sales representative, today and he was every bit as well informed, helpful, and pleasant as was the young lady I dealt with the last time. I had never heard of Plessers before I found them and purchased a cooktop from them 6 months ago. They apparently are a well established East Coast operation doing business there already for many years, but were not known to me here in Los Angeles. Plessers, and their phone sales representatives, now have one more fan on the West coast!

Original review: June 18, 2019

Purchased a 42" side-by-side built in refrigerator from Plessers on phone. Everything is handled smoothly. The communication is great. Delivery arrives as promised on purchase date. What an installation team, very courtesy and know what they are doing.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I called customer services because I wanted to have some information about some of the appliances I was thinking of buying - Barry not only did a great job helping me make the right choices for my full kitchen remodel, but the prices were the best I could find for all but the hood, he was forthcoming with discount packages and rebates - and he matched the hood price for me to save me from having to shop around.

Delivery dates were set to meet my (extended) timelines, and because I wanted to see the refrigerator I wanted to buy first, I was able to add this piece two days later and still have it added to my original order so I would be able to get my manufacturer discounts. (I also did not have to give him my details again, everything was super smooth, and so easy!) All in all fantastic service - I could not have expected any better! I also liked the fact I had his direct number so I can talk to him again should I need to instead of speaking to someone else who would not know about our prior discussions.

Original review: June 15, 2019

We have not received our product yet, however, the customer service today from Barry was spectacular! After going to many retailers for the same fridge, he exceeded all expectations and price! Wonderful!

Original review: June 15, 2019

4 years ago I purchased a GE Monogram kitchen package from Plessers and here I am today doing it again for my new house. Jennifer ** made the experience easy and very quick. She referenced my previous order and updated the product numbers and had a price for me in no time at all. We worked together to find discounts and appliances that work best in the spaces and 2 phone calls and 2 emails later my questions were answered, my appliances were confirmed and I’m waiting on my call for date of delivery. I will certainly use Plessers again.

Original review: June 14, 2019

My wife and I are updating our kitchen, which includes replacing our 27 year old KitchenAid refrigerator. The cost to replace the KitchenAid with another KitchenAid was extreme, so we did some research and found the Liebherr to be everything we need in a replacement at a much more attractive price. In that regard, we found Plessers carriers the CS2080 model we were considering, however, we also saw a similar model (ie. CSB2080 but did not know the differences between the two).

I, therefore, decided to call Plessers and spoke to Barry **, who was very pleasant, patient, and thoroughly explained the differences. Although I preferred the CSB2080 model over the CS2080, the cost difference was a factor until Barry was able to still offer the Memorial Day sales price, which sealed the deal. I am glad I called Plessers and appreciate Barry’s effort to give the information needed for a customer to make the best decision for their needs, and go the distance to offer the product at the best possible price.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Being in California, I wasn't familiar with these folks, but I'm glad I stumbled on their website, Just received a wash dryer combo from them and the entire process was great. Easy to navigate website, quick processing and shipping, and easy delivery. We've been ordering from quite a few vendors online for our condo and this has been the best experience by far.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Just received my outdoor appliances. I can't wait to use them, Alan was extremely knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with, delivery was fast and efficient, would definitely purchase from Plessers again.

Original review: May 17, 2019

This is the first time I have ever written a review of any online purchase experience. I've had both good & bad experiences with online shopping, but chalked it up to "Buyer Beware", given that you're dealing with the sometimes anonymous and/or stealth components of the online marketplace. However, the dollar amount of this transaction and my horrendous experience with Plesser's has driven me to a point of finally having to say something about the appalling lack of concern and customer service that seems to have become acceptable in online shopping, If I could have given them less than 1 star I would have. I bought an $1100 KitchenAid D/W from Plesser's in July 2015, because, like many other reviewers have noted, their prices seemed lower than other online appliance dealers.

Now, looking back, I honestly believe that this is their marketing ploy to initially hook you in. Their prices appeared to be below what most others were charging, and in addition, they promote a "10 YEAR WARRANTY AT NO EXTRA COST" which I initially thought, was a great added bonus and gave me a great sense of comfort in purchasing the D/W online. Don't be fooled - it's a huge game of "smoke & mirrors" they're playing here. I had to have a service tech come within the 1st year to fix a breakdown, none of which was covered by that great sounding warranty.

Then, less than 4 years after purchasing, last week the unit totally died, and I again, had to have a tech come out, only to advise that I now needed almost $500 of repairs on an $1100 D/W - almost half the cost. Per the tech estimate, I needed a new "spray arm", the part in the bottom that spins and actually WASHES the dishes, as well as a new "heating element" which is the part that actually DRIES the dishes. I thought "no problem" since I got that great 10 yr warranty which specifically states it covers "Major Component-Part Only-10 Years".

Note that the warranty is "Parts Only" which was not clearly disclosed when you think you're getting this great 10 year policy, so you still have to pay for labor and/or service fees (also often more than the cost of the parts themselves), tax etc, but otherwise, I figured "hey", since these are the parts that actually WASH the dishes as well as DRY the dishes, they must be considered "Major Components" but alas, as you guessed it, under the terms of the bogus warranty plan they offer they, in fact, ARE NOT covered.

In the interest of full transparency however, I also needed a new "user interface" which is the electronic control panel, which the New Leaf Warranty group advised would be covered; however when I called them to confirm that I would be reimbursed, they initially refused to provide written confirmation of that and instead told me I would have to get the repairs done, submit my claim, and they would then determine if I would get reimbursed. I never heard of anything so ridiculous!

How can they not tell me in advance if something is going to be covered or not so I can decide if it's worth it ??? After a lot of back & forth I finally asked to speak w/a manager, and suddenly their rep was able to provide email confirmation that the part would in fact, be covered, another instance that I found to be somewhat shady and not fully on the up & up. I then called Plesser's to see if they cared at all that I was facing repairs of almost 1/2 the cost of the original purchase price in less than 4 years; their "Customer Service Dept" is laughable and and a total joke.

As I saw in other postings, all they kept telling me was there was nothing they could do and I would have to take up my claims with either the sham 10-year warranty group New Leaf Svc Contracts, or Kitchenaid directly. Plessers had no interest in standing behind the products they sell, nor making any type of accommodation or reimbursement when those products fail, especially when you're talking about an $1100 Kitchenaid Dishwasher. I see Plessers has lots of great reviews, mainly because of their low prices, which is also what drew me to purchasing from them in the first place; however unless you're 100% sure you're getting something that won't be prone to needing service, repair or any type of customer service in the future, I cannot express enough that I would look elsewhere as Plessers seems to have no interest in any problems you experience after they've received your payment.

This experience has taught me to spend the extra approx $200-$300 and shop local so that when I have a problem, I can go and see the person I dealt with to handle any problems. Like the old saying goes, "If the price is too good to be true, it probably is", perfectly describes what you may likely be dealing with in transactions with Plessers. If you choose to take the chance of dealing with them, I certainly hope that your experience (and associated costs) are far better than mine - Good Luck (you're probably going to need it)!

Original review: April 24, 2019

4/24/2019 - We researched, for months, this LG Refrigerator and ultimately came to Plessers.com where they had a price we couldn't turn down. It was so good we had to call to verify. We talked with John **, Sales Associate, who walked us through the process and we placed an order right then. Email correspondence kept us informed as to the status of our order, including info for the trucking company who contacted us and arranged delivery. We received our LG Refrigerator in perfect condition and, upon installation, is working perfectly. Along with a discount, Plessers beat EVERY COMPANY out there by an EXTRA $400, offered FREE shipping, and, of course, no SALES Tax, as we are out of state. With some of the savings, we purchased a 5-year warranty. Thank YOU Plessers!

Original review: April 15, 2019

Our sales professional Barry was very knowledgeable and helped us make great decisions. Shipping department was so helpful getting all appliances to our new home as builder requested. Customer care department went out of their way to get me a part that was damaged and followed up to make sure all was ok. What more can you ask for. Great people, great service. I would recommend Plessers to everyone. Thank you. Linda

Original review: April 1, 2019

We met with Aziz on a Sunday afternoon and what a pleasure it was to deal with a sales person who listened to what we were looking for. We decided on purchasing a GE refrigerator after having a battle with LG when our refrigerator was diagnosed as unrepairable in a little over 7 years. Having been without a refrigerator for two weeks, we were somewhat disappointed to hear that it would take 1 1/2 to 2 weeks for delivery due the color that we needed. Aziz assured us that they would deliver the unit as quickly as possible. Much to our surprise, the refrigerator was delivered in less than a week. We highly recommend Plessers and Aziz for great prices, a great selection of products and customer service that surpasses all others. Kathy & Jim.

Original review: March 28, 2019

We recently remodeled our kitchen and went to Plessers to purchase our appliances. Our salesperson Stephen was very nice and knowledgeable - he had exactly the range I was looking for and then completed the suite with all of the matching appliances. He also was able to give us the lowest prices possible. One of the appliances arrived damaged out of the box (no fault of Plessers). I called Stephen and he referred me to Laury in their customer service department. Laury is a true example of great customer service!

She contacted the manufacturer's service department and arranged for a repair person to come and take a look. A new part needed to be ordered, that arrived damaged also. I tried to contact the manufacturer's customer service department several times, but could never get an actual person to talk to. Laury reached out to see how the repair was going, I filled her in on the details and and my frustration and she contacted them again! There is more to this story that has a lot to do with lack of quality control on the part of this particular appliance manufacturer, but Laury facilitated every step of the way and finally the problem was resolved. I don't think it would have been without Laury's involvement. Thank you!

Original review: March 14, 2019

I recently purchased KitchenAid double wall ovens from Plessers. Several years ago I bought a KitchenAid cooktop from Plessers. Both online shopping experiences were terrific. I live in Pennsylvania. My wall ovens were delivered by freight delivery in a timely manner and the delivery people were careful and courteous. Stephen ** at Plessers facilitated the sale. He is experienced and efficient. Plessers gives the very best prices and you can't beat the free 10-year warranty. I plan to buy all of my appliances from them. Highly recommend.

Original review: March 13, 2019

So glad I found Plessers. I have been shopping for a gas range, and had been put off by the prices. Then I found Plessers. By far the best price, and a 10 yr warranty and free in home delivery can't be beat. I called them to make sure the ad was legit and was so lucky to have spoken with the "Amazing Jennifer." So knowledgeable and fun to talk to. She walked me through the process and made me feel at ease. Like an old friend. I will definitely buy from them again.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I purchased a refrigerator, dryer, and washer at Plessers. This was for the first time I shopped at this appliance store and my overall experience was AMAZING! Especially, the level of customer service I received was great! Aziz our salesperson, was very knowledgeable and patient. He took the time to address all of my inquiries and I even learned a few things in the process. I would definitely recommend Plessers and will shop here again.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I recently purchased a refrigerator, range, dishwasher and microwave from Plessers Appliances by phone. My customer assistant, Jennifer, was great. She helped me find appliances when I wasn’t sure what I wanted. She was very knowledgeable, friendly, and got me good prices. I haven’t received my order yet, but the company has been good with keeping me informed on the delivery.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I used to buy appliances at big box stores. I thought I was saving money. Now I just go there to see what I want to buy and avoid the rude salesperson at Home Depot who can't add. I searched online and found Plessers. What a pleasant salesperson, Barry. He was professional knowledgeable and what a deal! I saved hundreds. Who would have thought I would have made this big a purchase this way. They made it easy.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I needed a few basic appliances and had no idea where to start. Mark was very helpful and together we found what I was looking for. I am going back for additional items to complete my project and look forward to working with Mark again.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Jennifer ** is amazing! She not only got me the best deal on the internet for my Samsung refrigerator, but she also found me two additional rebates that saved me even more! Delivery from NY to MN took no time at all, and the whole process was easy and stress free. Very thorough follow-up with regards to product and rebate information (via email), as well as the shipping details. I can't believe I'd never heard of Plessers before, but I will gladly shop again, and will be directing my friends and family their direction.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

First-time customer, but a true believer. I shopped a specific KitchenAid range for months, and Plessers came through for me with a fantastic price, amazing customer service (shout-out to Steve, who went out of his way to address my requests) and fast, friendly delivery team (thanks, Jermaine and Ivan). Between the Gold delivery rebate and the 10-year parts warranty, I could not have been happier with the whole experience.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I had been researching appliances for a kitchen remodel and wanted to speak to someone with more information than I was finding at my local big box stores. Barry was very helpful and answered my questions. Wonderful service.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

In renovating a kitchen, we needed to buy a new refrigerator, range and microwave/convection oven. We did due diligence in comparing products/pricing on Home Depot and Lowe's websites. Lowe's wouldn't answer the phone and the extended run around with Home Depot was laughable. Plessers came up on a Google search and I figured it was worth a call. A succinct, knowledgeable and pleasant Barry ** gave us a better offer than Lowe's or Home Depot for the same appliances, suggested pipes and bits that a new appliance would need, and suggested excellent appliance guarantees.

He was patient in reviewing our measurement figures and suggested the refrigerator door could be removed to come through our narrow front door. Called back when he said he would, got answers to detailed questions, was kind, polite, thorough and prompt. We have just placed our order and are awaiting the delivery of the new appliances, but for ordering, Plessers and specifically Barry ** will make your life exponentially easier.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

The price was too good to pass up, so I ordered to refrigerator from Plesser's understanding that they were in New York, and I was in Wisconsin. But they offered free shipping! That was in October. The fridge was back ordered with expected delivery in early Dec. I could live with that. But almost 4 months later, I STILL don't have my fridge! The first delivered on January 24 was damaged! Why would anyone try to deliver a visibly damaged fridge?! I'm still waiting for a replacement. Plesser's isn't returning my calls. I'm so over this! Buyer beware!

Plessers Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1919, Plessers Appliances continues to offer old-fashioned service but with modern buying power. As a member of the Inter-Country nationwide appliance co-op, they bring nine billion dollars in sales to the table, so they can stay competitive with large chains and big box stores.

• Fast delivery: Using five fully stocked warehouses allows for quick delivery at virtually any address.

• Discount credit available: Buy and pay no interest for 12 months on qualifying purchases at Plessers Appliances, with credit approval.

• Wide selection: Plessers Appliances carries almost 100 different brands, offering a wide selection of appliances to choose from.

• Limited 10-year warranty: Although it does not cover labor or freight charges, this limited warranty will offer free replacement parts during the covered period. This is one of the longest warranty options on the market.

• Shipping discounts available: Plessers Appliances frequently runs free shipping promotions and installation within their New York service area.

• Best for: Luxe shoppers, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs