Plessers Appliances

Babylon, NY

Plesser's appliance is a family owned business that was founded in 1919. One of the nations oldest appliance and electronics retailers. We pride ourselves on our excellent reputation in the industry.

We offer the best in prices and service. "Its always lesser at Plesser," is our motto. Feel free to call us 7 days a week with any appliance questions you may have. We offer nationwide shipping on most major brands of appliances.

Compare Appliance Stores

Research top Appliance Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Purchased new KitchenAid appliances from Plessers. Have not yet taken delivery but so far very happy. Steve ** was very patient in helping us with our decision and gave us good deal. Alicia ** in customer service was extremely helpful following up on our order and in helping process our online rebate application.

I went into Plessers about 2 months ago to purchase a full kitchen worth of appliances. I dealt with Stephen ** in the showroom. I went in for a new stove, refrigerator and dishwasher. After shopping the price around for a few weeks I decided to go back and make the purchase. Plessers was not only the best price but they had the best follow up as well. The two other stores I went to, no one bothered to take down any of my information. They just wanted to make a sale that day. Stephen took down all my info and even checked in with me to see if I had any questions or was ready to purchase. I felt if he cared enough before the sale then he would do the same afterwards. I was correct. This is the reason for the review. I was also notified after delivery that a new rebate had come out and he missed getting it to me. He sent me the form and I got back an additional $125.

I now see why Plessers is almost a 100 year old company. They definitely care about their customers and their staff builds relationships. I will tell all my friends to shop here in the future. I will save time and not shop around, there is no need. They had price and service hard to find today. Thank you Stephen and the Plessers staff. Job well done.

Terrible experience with this place. I ordered a cooktop on a Thursday, and called one week after to check the status. The Customer Service told me it would be shipped on the following Monday via UPS and would send me the tracking number by then. I waited till Monday and nothing happened. I called on the next day (Tuesday), they told me the shipment has not left yet and it would be shipped on Thurs. I asked why it could not be shipped as scheduled. They said because they only have outbound truck on every Tuesday and Thursday.

I questioned them why I was told the shipment would be shipped via UPS on Monday. The excuse they gave me was that the shipment is too big for UPS to handle thus it has to be shipped via a different carrier. The first time I ever heard that UPS cannot ship a 36" cooktop because it's too big. I asked for cancelling the order as I don't how much more delay it could be. Then they told me there would be 15% cancellation fee charged if I chose to cancel. OMG, the product has not left their warehouse yet, and they already want to charge for cancellation. I'm totally disappointed. Will never order from this place again. It's a joke.

WARNING!!! Beware. They will lie to you and threaten you!!! I purchased an LG range from them back April 21 and it was suppose to be delivered to me today (FINALLY) and they canceled my order, told the local delivery company to return the range to them all because I wrote a BAD review on them. This all happens AFTER I have been charged and made a payment on the credit card for this item. Seems to me they are pouting babies. That if you don't like me, I don't do for you. So childish. GROW UP!!!

I really don't see how they see this as legal. I am contacting Consumer Affairs as well as BBB and consulting with an attorney on this matter. This is a crap company. They can't even afford to buy the merchandise, that's why I was charged back in April so they could have the money to buy it for me. It finally came delivery time and they did this. THEY ARE SO WRONG. I was to expect a delivery between 12-4 today. So I have spent my day waiting on the delivery.

At 5 I had not seen or heard from anyone so I called the delivery company to check the status. I was told I needed to call Plessers. I did so and the lady rudely hung up on me two times. I was left here waiting all day and no one called me to inform me of any of this. THEY ARE EVIL!!! God will take care of you. Your time will come. Don't be surprised if you have to close your doors. STAY AWAY!!! THEY WILL ROB YOU! THEY HAVE NO CONCERN FOR OTHERS!!!

My experience with Plessers has been quite good overall. They have very helpful customer service, excellent prices and fast response to phone calls and emails even around holiday weekends. Would recommend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plessers Appliances?

I usually don't write review but this time, Plesser's has won me over and deserve to be given 5 stars. Plessers provided services I have not received anywhere in very long time. Stephen, the sales personnel was efficient and prompt and in answering my questions and providing me great information about the product to make purchasing decision. When I had minor defect on the appliance, a number of Plesser's personnel worked so well together to provide me the compensation for the defect. The moment Stephen referred me to Laury in the customer service department; Laury was prompt in communicating with me. Plesser's gave me compensating options for the minor defect on the refrigerator. I am really happy with the service I have so far received from Plesser's. I will definitely purchase from them again. Great sales and customer service.

This is my 2nd time purchasing from Plessers.com. Jennifer was very helpful, went above and beyond taking the time to help me figure out which stove to purchase and the best deal. She also helped me figure out what washer stand to get for the washer I purchased in November.

Jeneen **, the Customer Service Coordinator, was very responsive and helpful in answering any questions; I emailed her regarding the refrigerator I purchased from Plesser's. Highly recommend this business for buying your appliances.

Hi there, I had a great experience with Jennifer from Plessers Appliances. I have been looking for a great deal on a LG refrigerator and I stumbled on to Plessers website. It was around 7:30 PST and they had the best deal I have found anywhere but the sale was over that same day so I called the 800 number and Jennifer answered the phone. I had no idea that it was in New York and I was in California. I was lucky that she answered the phone on a Friday night at 10:30 EST and she assured me that I would get that price because she was working late that night. The store normally closes at 8:00 EST. So I'm so thankful that she was there and that she even picked up the phone. So I Highly recommend Jennifer at Plessers Appliances.

Customer service and prices that cannot be beat! Jennifer, you are an absolute MARVEL! Thank you so much for helping us get our washer and dryer at such a great price. As we have a kitchen renovation coming up, you can bet I will be calling you again! You were also so much fun to talk to! Made me giggle, : P.

I bought a Lynx gas grill and a Viking cooktop from Plessers. Jennifer helped me pick the best grill for my applications and she was patient and knowledgeable. She told me delivery would take 2-3 weeks and grill arrived exactly at 2 weeks, exactly as described. The entire process was painless. I will be buying a Subzero fridge sometime next year and I am going to them. Best price, best delivery (quick), best service... who says you can't get all 3.

I had a terrible experience with a Frigidaire refrigerator that I bought from Plessers. I contacted Frigidaire for one year, they did nothing to help. They didn't even honor their warranty. So I called Plessers and after a week they came back to tell me they were replacing the refrigerator for me. Although I would never buy another Frigidaire/Electrolux product, I would continue to deal with Plessers. If it wasn't for them I would still have a leaking refrigerator. Thank you Jeanine and Joline.

We traveled about 40 minutes to get to Plessers Appliances because we had heard they have good prices. When we got there we were greeted by Joe ** who had to deal with my uncertainty about replacing my old working appliances. I was hesitant about retrofitting the new appliances into existing size requirements. He researched and gave me the pictures and specs on each. He took an enormous amount of time with us and patiently watched us leave without purchasing that day. We returned and purchased 4 appliances and asked for them to be delivered in about a month. We heard from Plessers as soon as we purchased and they continued contact to establish a delivery date. Whenever I had a question, Joe responded to my phone calls. Everything went smoothly with the installation except my granite needed to be cut to allow for the stove to be completely installed. It was noted on receipt that the installation was not complete.

Meanwhile, my freezer would not freeze. I contacted customer service and spoke to Dominique ** who immediately got a service repairman from Samsung to come over the next day. He noted that the refrigerator had no Freon. I requested a new refrigerator and was told that they would bring one in about 10 days due to not having any in stock. I was upset about the wait, so Dominique spoke to Joe and I was offered another refrigerator sooner, but it wouldn't fit in my space. When I did get my new refrigerator, the installer did not forget about my stove. He noted what was written on my receipt and installed the stove. Dominique, from customer service, was extremely helpful and always returned our phone calls and followed up with emails. Yes, I had to wait for the new refrigerator, but Plessers has the best customer service I have ever had to deal with. We would purchase from them again.

Once I selected the type of range I wanted to get, I started looking around for good prices. Plessers had the best one on that day. That wasn't the 5-star part. The 5-star part was and is Jennifer **, whom I was lucky enough to reach when I phoned. Due to a number of recent events, I was extremely anxious about the purchase. Jennifer thoroughly negotiated all the discounts and perks she could and explained how to secure the additional rebates. When I was having trouble finding a contractor to help me with my concerns, she was beyond patient. I suspect that, had it not been for Ms. **, I would have canceled the purchase. Her attention and thoughtfulness is rare in the current retail environment. Because of her, Plessers will be the first place I look for all my appliance purchases (and, due to the age of my house, the appliances are dropping like flies). Thanks, Jennifer!

WOW! I as always, I searched fervently prior to making such a large purchase of all new major kitchen appliances. I did my homework and narrowed down the specific items and decided to purchase from Plessers because of Price, No Shipping Costs and No Sales Taxes. Dealing with Plessers was as good an experience as one could have. Laury ** is professional and efficient as a Customer Services representative. From sales to service I am pleased and have referred Plessers Appliances to several friends.

I just had a refrigerator, oven and microwave delivered. I was somewhat hesitant to order from a company I did not know anything about. I cannot say enough good about this company so far. Our appliances were delivered right when they promised. When I contacted customer service via email they responded within an hour. The delivery men (Dwight and Matt) were wonderful and very professional and kind. The appliances were delivered in perfect condition (still have to open the microwave). LOVE this company so far and would highly recommend them.

I did my research and knew which appliances I wanted to get for my new home. I have never heard of Plessers but when I googled the model# they came up with no tax & no delivery. That was a plus. I called the Babylon location. Verified that I would qualify for the no tax & no delivery fee. Additionally, I had some questions. Gene, manager answered all my questions and was so kind. He waited for me to call back once I made my final decision and verified the dimensions and was so helpful with putting in the order over the phone.

I wanted to take advantage of Labor Day sales this year to buy a new refrigerator. I traveled to numerous stores and shopped the internet. I knew I wanted an LG refrigerator but couldn't find one in white, everyone had stainless. I noticed on the LG website they recommended Plessers. I never heard of them and searched online. Not only did they have white in stock, they had the twin XL mattress set I needed too for our son. I spoke with Eugene and he was very helpful. I did have a glitch upon delivery of the fridge when the delivery service did not want to remove our old fridge, and left our new fridge sitting in our family room.

I called Plessers and they agreed that was a mistake and I should have received full service of new fridge placement. They had to work with the company to arrange to an immediate date to return to our home. We live in So California but they did take care of it. I was very please that Plessers did not leave me hanging and were very apologetic about what had happened. Their main concern was to live up to their promised excellent customer service. In my estimation, they did. Mishaps happen, it's what you do with it that demonstrates your competence.

I purchased over 20K of appliances from Plessers and paid them to install them in 2014. In the past two years I've had to have them come fix things that weren't in correctly and I even put a part in myself I noticed wasn't screwed in my DW. My Liebherr refrigerator hasn't closed properly since day one. I inquired about the doors and was told they have a tendency to both open even though you only are opening the left or right door. The doors then have a tendency to stay open a crack setting off the door alarm. After almost two years of painstakingly closing or returning to close an open door, I called Liebherr and they sent a tech. He showed me that the fridge was not installed correctly and was tilted forward which made the doors tend to stay open.

I called PLESSERS and they refused to fix their error saying I should have called sooner. In fact, I had called about the doors as I mentioned above and was led to believe it was just the way that fridge worked. When I was shown by Liebherr that it was tilted forward, I asked PLESSERS to fix THEIR MISTAKE and they refused. I will NEVER PURCHASE FROM PLESSERS AGAIN! BTW, if I'm running a business and had a customer spending that kind of money (I recently purchased two more appliances prior to this problem), I'm sure going to send a tech by when in the area to level the fridge and make the customer happy. AJ Madison and others will give a good price and arrange an install as I'm sure others will. I just can't fathom why PLESSERS would upset a good customer over something like this.

We have recently been victims of the so called tax day floods in Houston Texas. We had just bought the house 2 months prior and it has been destroyed. The journey has been difficult and filled with many obstacles. The most disturbing to us was the lack of care, sympathy and just really basic customer service. Our only shining light in all this process has been Jennifer from Plessers Appliance. She has been professional, considerate and very VERY patient with us. That in itself is rare these days. However we feel she has gone above and beyond to help us out and make it a little easier on us in any way she could. Her employers should be very proud to have her as a representative. As small business owners ourselves, I know we would be.

When we were shopping for appliances to replaced our own, we were looking for the best deals we could find and after doing a long research we came across Plessers and saved us over 3000$ in appliances, considering that we had to replace every single appliance in our house, not to mention that this was including top of the line kitchen appliance which we did not have before.

Also, best service for home delivery since Jennifer offered us a great deal for the in-house delivery to make sure that our appliances were in optimal condition since we can't install the appliances yet due to repairs to the house. They unwrap your appliance to check that is free of any scratches and then box them up again so they are taken care of. Just this service gives us a peace of mind, not to mention that they were willing to keep our appliance in storage until we are ready for delivery. I am happy to say that I am more than pleased with the customer service from place. We would really recommend anyone and everyone to contact her if you value true customer service.

I was a bit hesitant ordering my new refrigerator online, site unseen, but found out Amazon uses Plessers, so I knew that was a plus. I was able to place my order online on a holiday 7/4/16 from my armchair! My order was handled with follow-up and such courtesy and with superb customer service, especially from Jennifer **. It was refreshing to deal with a company who shows appreciation for the customers. Excellent people skills and easy access to the staff do set Plessers apart from the norm. The 3rd party delivery truck company damaged my front door taking my old fridge out. Plessers stepped up to the plate without my asking to pay me for damages so I would not have to wait on a claim from the trucking company. Now that's stepping up to the plate and going beyond my expectations! Plessers is an exceptional company and really take care of their customers. I highly recommend this company. Also, their pricing is the best.

Buying a major appliance online could have been a scary experience but Appliance Manager, Gene, made me confident that I was making a good decision. The customer service is just amazing. Buy here!

I was hesitant to order online. I like to see, feel, and touch the product as well as know the people at the store who sell me an expensive item. I'm in the media and I don't just write a review unless it somehow will help others in making a great purchase or experience - or not. I was not paid or compensated for this review. I purchased a stunning KitchenAid refrigerator from Plessers on July 12th 2016. It was shipped to me today and absolutely love it. It was perfect. The BEST price and wonderful customer service. I explained that my fridge died and they hurried and shipped it asap. I couldn't be happier. GREAT price, 10-year warranty... rebates... and it was delivered perfect. I will be buying all my appliances from Plessers. Just a great experience and the best prices. Thanks Plessers.

During my recent phone order with Plessers, I was connected to sales associate, Jennifer **. She was very professional and easy to work with. Jennifer suggested the best kitchen appliance package for my kitchen remodel. I highly suggest consumers to give Plessers a call.

Jennifer ** with Plessers Appliances has saved me money with the purchase of new appliances for my new home in The Woodlands, (Tomball) Texas. She is very knowledgeable about the products that I wanted and gave me input on the items that I didn't know. This displayed that she has a genuine desire to really help me with my decisions making. Thank you many times for caring. I purchased several appliances earlier this year.

I'm a home renovator in Atlanta area and was in need of new kitchen appliances for my home and two homes I'm presently renovating. After discovering Plessers, I called and spoke with Gene. He was very cordial, extremely helpful, confident, and strived to ensure my expectations were exceeded. Later, he worked to ensure I had line of sight to all rebates and credits for which I was eligible. THANK YOU, Gene, for your kindness and professionalism.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I am very happy to say that Joline with Plessers saw the issue I was having. She was more than helpful. She took care of all of the issues without hesitation. I will definitely make my next appliance purchase from Plessers as their prices were by far the lowest I could find anywhere.

Mike of Harvey, LA on

Original Review

When I placed an order with Plessers the salesman told me if I upgraded the shipping I would get a larger rebate from Frigidaire so I did. It has been over 16 weeks and there is no one willing to do anything about the rebate or the delivery charge I should have never paid. I feel I was scammed into paying the delivery charge and they had no intention of me getting a rebate from the manufacturer. I thought I was getting a great deal for the appliances I purchased, but when you factor in the difference of the shipping and rebate I didn't get I feel I was scammed.

I was shopping around for deal in a oven that had great review on consumer reports. It was memorial day week sales locally. As I shopped around locally, they say that they can price match. So I searched local box stores and online sites. Plugged in what I was looking for and that's how I found Plessers.com online. They had the best deal by far. And my local box stores (Home Depot, Lowe's, RC Willey) would not price match a online store price. So I took a chance and ordered from Plessers and crossed fingers as this was my 1st large item I purchased online and was debating for awhile. But I read Plessers was in business since Abe Lincoln's days (JK, but a long time in business). The website was easy to navigate and felt more comfortable to pull the trigger.

I went to Plessers website, told them what I was looking for and had couple questions. Few hours I got response from Jennifer **, got answers to my questions, and made the purchase. They followed up with emails on the transaction and progress. I had more questions and always got a quick response. Got my order number, emailed item is shipped, I followed the tracking, got the stove at my house in a week. The stove arrived and I took the deliver and unbox in the house option for $75.00 more but would get it back in a rebate. The shippers was on time. They called me the day before to confirm the delivery day and time with 1/2 notice. The shippers called me with the 1/2 notice. They called me on the 1/2 mark said had a little traffic and will be 10 more minutes. I love that they called, they know their timing and the consumer don't and the fact they called was awesome and very undesrtandable and they showed up in 5 minutes.

The whole transaction went smooth as butter. Jennifer ** was awesome and great asset the to Plessers team, thanked her several times over. And the delivery service was top notch in my book. AAA+++ all the way around. I have already gave rave praise to our employee who's in the market for appliances and trust our opinion of who we do business with. I would not hesitate at all to shop at Plessers. No tax and free shipping, and the price was way better then any sale price locally. That's my take and I'm sticking to it.

Jennifer was very helpful and knowledgeable not to mention the best price there is! Can't wait for our refrigerator to come!

When I decided to order this fridge online I had fears about would if it goes bad. But after this experience I'd buy again from Plessers anytime. We had some damage on the fridge doors that were not the fault of Plessers and when I called and talked to Jeneen she was very caring of the problem. Told me what she could do and how long it would take. She kept on top of it and kept me informed. She had new doors shipped to us as promised, I couldn't be more pleased. Thank you Jeneen and Plessers.

Plessers Appliances Company Profile