4.48/5

Need an appliance store?

Babylon, NY

Plesser's appliance is a family owned business that was founded in 1919. One of the nations oldest appliance and electronics retailers. We pride ourselves on our excellent reputation in the industry.

We offer the best in prices and service. "Its always lesser at Plesser," is our motto. Feel free to call us 7 days a week with any appliance questions you may have. We offer nationwide shipping on most major brands of appliances.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

193 Plessers Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Ordered Samsung Refrigerator by phone. Plessers sales staff was very professional and helpful. Delivery was prompt and product was unpackaged and brought into our kitchen area ready for installation. The only problem I experienced was submitting the rebate through a 3rd party vendor. I contacted Laury ** with Plessers Customer Service Dept and she was able to resolve these problems within a couple of minutes. I will always check with Plessers in the future for any of my appliance needs.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I can't say enough good things about Jennifer ** my salesperson at Plessers. She found the best prices for all my kitchen appliances, and searched the available rebate offers, and gave me links to make applying for them easy. They have not been delivered yet, but I expect good service there too. Thank you Jennifer!

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Placed my order on the 18th of December and have been advised I won't have it until the 22nd of January! I have reached out to Plessers and AM Home Delivery about the delay and was advised that my shipment was at the Local trucking terminal on Monday January 13, but they are unable to deliver until next week Monday or Tuesday! Just what I wanted my new Range sitting around a trucking terminal for a week! For the little bit of money I saved I wish I would have bought my Range locally! Surely not worth the aggravation of dealing with AM Home Delivery and Plessers.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I called the store after 7pm this evening to place an order and was disappointed to learn that the store was closed. To my surprise, I received a call from Jennifer ** a little after 8pm, as she heard the 2 messages I left. She could not have been more helpful and pleasant to converse with. She was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions without hesitation. I would highly recommend this store and Jennifer particularly as a great representation for Plessers.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Awesome one-stop shopping experience to outfit a kitchen in an investment property with appliances. Barry was incredibly helpful and had every brand/model that I needed at competitive prices, provided incentive on shipping and was flexible with delivery timing. Such a great experience that I called him back 2 days later to replace the refrigerator in my home. My new appliance go-to resource! Barry is awesome.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plessers Appliances?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Stephen was helpful, knowledgeable, and patient with us as we figured out the best laundry center for our tiny space. When we had to make a change at the last minute, he handled it with ease and professionalism. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Jennifer helped me find and order the appliances we needed for our new home. She asked important questions to reach the final decisions of what to purchase. She explained the process for getting them ordered and delivered. Plessers price beat everyone else plus Jennifer found rebates allowing us to save even more. I haven't received our purchases yet, but believe everything will be perfect!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I was online shopping Plesser and just a little confused with some expiring specials and rebates so I called into their NY office. I spoke with Jennifer and she was fantastic. I actually had a lot of questions before placing an order and she had all the answers. Very helpful, very quick, and very pleasant. I would recommend them to anyone shopping for kitchen appliances. I am very pleased with Plesser.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Was looking for a KitchenAid fridge and found the best price with warranty at Plessers. The Sales Rep I worked with called me back quickly during a high volume call time, and I was able to quickly order over the phone with a great extended warranty. Highly recommend.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

This is my first time ordering from Plessers and I was a bit skeptical about ordering major appliances from so far away. I called into Customer Service and spoke to John. I gave him the model numbers I was looking at and he priced everything out for me. Placing the order was extremely easy and he put me at ease by answering any questions I had and by giving me his direct line in case I had any more questions. It's like I having my own personal representative at Plessers. He made me feel like a valued customer. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I need to order appliances to my new house. My neighbor just ordered his appliances from Plessers Appliances through Ms Jennifer ** and he highly recommended me to contact Jennifer. Jennifer gave me good deals for all the items with efficient services. I highly recommend Plessers Appliances and its sale representative Jennifer ** to everyone.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I ordered the Frigidaire 30" Induction Cooktop and received exceptional service from Barry **, the sales consultant. He was cordial, helpful and knowledgeable. Plessers prices were competitive, and on specific items, they offer a 10-year extended warranty at no charge. Nice!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

The sale person was great. We bought an LG Refrigerator from Plessers for $3000. From the second week that we received it, it has problem on the fresh zone. It freezes everything you put in. I have called them and we got no response just run around and very irresponsible comment from them. And they told us we have to contact LG. And this is not their problem. I have contacted LG and we have so many repair is done on my new refrigerator that is almost feel like they build my refrigerator inside my house with all the new parts that they put in and the problem has not been solved. It is the most frustrating situations and around the holidays not having a refrigerator.

It is not just a repair issues anymore, I have discarded so many food that LG said they are going to reimburse me on $. Well we have not seeing a dime yet. Also every time they come in to see what other part they are going to replace then I have to leave my job and on a day that they come to repair. This is our battle for last few months. Plessers respond is "THIS IS NOT OUR PROBLEM. YOU NEED TO CONTACT LG. WE ARE ONLY RETAILER." WELL, That is ** up. We will see you in court.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I live in Orange County California, I purchased Samsung Family Hub refrigerator from Plessers Appliance store in New York. I ordered my refrigerator on 10/26/2018. ETA was 11/12/2018. I received it on 11/05/2018. The price for the refrigerator was excellent. Sales Manager Mr. Eugene and Customer Service folks provided excellent service. Samsung dropped the price of the refrigerator when my refrigerator was being shipped. Plessers went out of their way and adjusted my price and gave me refund right away. I will become their repeat customer and I highly recommend to do business with them. Sales manager and Plessers is very trustworthy.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Jennifer from Plessers Appliances was super helpful, knowledgeable and could accommodate all our requests! Great when you get the email and the direct number of a sales person immediately; you got the feeling that the customer really is the king!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

My husband and I purchased a Frigidaire Professional Series refrigerator at Plessers in 2014. We also purchased a 5 year extended warranty. Within a few months of purchase, we started to have problems with the ice maker. After multiple repairs over a 4 year period, the original problem persisted; there was no apparent fix. Contractually, the manufacturer was not liable any longer. We were now faced with having to purchase a new refrigerator. Jolene from Plessers customer service reached out to us and ultimately became our advocate; her mission was to negotiate with warranty company and manufacturer in order to "make us whole." At the end of the day, we were able to purchase a new Frigidaire with virtually no money lost.

Kudos to Jolene; she was professional, courteous, and attentive. She followed thru from beginning to end. It was so refreshing to deal with somebody that genuinely cared about our situation with absolutely no "run around." I hope that management at Plessers realize what a valuable employee they have. Because of our experience, I would highly recommend Plessers as the go to for all appliances. Once again, thank you so much Jolene for handling our problem professionally and expeditiously. To all future consumers out there reading this review, spend the extra money in order to purchase extended warranty especially on refrigerators; it will prove to be cost effective while giving you peace of mind.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Purchased ice maker online. Price was competitive. Purchased five-year warranty as well. Company included delivery inside home. Will definitely use them for future purchases. We are in Florida and their prices beat all local dealers.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I walked in not really intending to buy anything that day and walked out with EVERYTHING I needed for my new kitchen at the BEST PRICE around. It was just a no brainer. My salesperson got me exactly what I wanted at a great price. He showed me everything including the differences between models and brands. He took a lot of time to explain things, and he also looked around for all the appliances I needed online if they didn't have them in the showroom. I don't recall having an experience like this in a very long time and I've been loyal to on particular store for over 20 years. I got lucky to have Peter as my salesperson and I'm glad I made the leap of faith to go to Plessers. I will review the appliances when I use them. Thanks Peter, and Plessers.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

In May I purchased a Samsung washer and dryer from the Southampton branch of Plessers. They have entirely touchpad controls. After one week the touchpad on the washer stopped working, I was unable to adjust the water temp. The salesman I purchased from just shrugged when I told him the problem and then I learned that Samsung DOES NOT service the area I live in (the East End of LI ). WHY was I NOT told this when I bought Samsung brand? It then took almost 4 months to straighten this out. The salesman, Rob, in Plessers Southampton branch offered no help with the problem. I ended up dealing with Samsung directly which was a long drawn out process. Multiple phone calls and emails over 2 months.

I had to chase them to get a response. Samsung finally agreed to credit Plessers for the value of the defective washer so I could replace it. There was never any possibility of having the washer repaired. I chose a GE washer because GE does service this area. The replacement was finally facilitated by Laury in the Babylon office of Plessers. She was very helpful and responsive. If it weren't for her I don't think I would have gotten a fully functioning washer. Unfortunately I now have a mismatched laundry pair (Samsung dryer, GE washer). And I really preferred the Samsung washer to the GE, but I can't see having an appliance that cannot be serviced. Stay away from the Southampton branch is my advice.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I contacted Plessers and was fortunate enough to get connected with Gene. He is a class act, straightforward, and respected me as a customer. He suggested and recommended appliances that were appropriate for my family size and home size. He tried to find me the best deal on the best products and researched to find all the possible rebates available to lower the price even more. Needless to say, I highly recommend working with Gene, you will not be disappointed. Tell him that Mike, a truly satisfied customer, sent you...you won't regret it.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I worked with Jen at Plessers after submitting a question online. She was quick to respond, provided detailed information as well as her phone number in case I had more questions (which I did). She was very patient, and gave me info about a rebate that I didn't even know about. The price of the fridge was so low, I thought it was too good to be true, but the fridge came today and it is perfect!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

We live in Maryland and it takes a little leap of faith to order a major appliance from a retailer a few states away. But we've generally had good experiences. So when we Googled the LG refrigerator we wanted, and Plesser's had the best price (including delivery), we ordered through them. The entire experience was excellent. Communications were clear online, through e-mail and on the phone. The delivery took a little time but went flawlessly. And when I discovered I had made an ordering mistake, Plesser's had a process in place so I could arrange an exchange. And Dere helped me navigate the details efficiently. Actually, she and everyone I dealt with at Plesser's was friendly and professional. Great place.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I ordered, a guy called within 2 days to confirm and discuss in detail. 4 weeks later I e-mail and call to find out where it is. They call my mom, they didn't have that color... Seriously?!? You just talked to me 4 weeks ago to confirm that model in that color.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I am a long time buyer at Plessers Appliance. The salespeople are always nice and friendly. Prices are great. But most importantly, their customer service is the best. I had a problem with Electrolux in the past and Plessers helped to rectify the problem. I recently had a problem with a Bosch refrigerator. Remembering how Plessers helped me once before, I immediately called Plessers and had the pleasure of dealing with Joline **. She listened to my problem and resolved it in less than 10 minutes. She followed up with me to make sure everything worked out. She is a definite asset to Plessers customer service department. Thank you again Joline!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I recently purchased a new Samsung refrigerator from Plessers Appliances. The process was simple, they offered the best value and delivered on time! On top of this, they kindly refunded me $200 after the price had dropped not long after the fridge was delivered. That made my family's day, as we had been saving for a new fridge for some time. I had the pleasure of being supported by Joline **, and will continue to make all our purchases from Plessers in the future! Thank you Joline. :)

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

It's true, it really is lesser at Plessers. I am extremely happy that I found Plessers Appliance by a Google search. I could not be more happy with my new Samsung FlexWash & FlexDry. I really did save several hundred dollars on my purchase; in addition, I received free shipping to OHIO. Furthermore, Barry (from Plessers) made my second order as smooth as silk and he followed up with me making sure I received my rebate forms which means I will be saving even more money! I highly recommend Plessers Appliance and they will be my first choice in any future appliance needs. Finally, the delivery men were great by waiting for a chance for a complete inspection by myself before they pulled away. Thank you Plessers Appliance, I will be telling everyone I know about you, your sales, and your delivery! I could not be happier with my new washer and dryer!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

One of four major appliances arrived with hidden damage. To resolve the problem, I was forced to pay for return shipping. The damage was not discovered during delivery inspection but during installation 3 weeks later. After being informed that the charges are "non-negotiable", take-it-or-leave-it, the company did not respond at all to a number of further requests to re-evaluate their decision. In other words, after the sale, no common courtesy is extended to a customer by their sales representative, not even to just hold hands after a bitter experience. IMHO, placing the responsibility for discovering such damage with the customer seems unfair. This experience has left a bad aftertaste and a resolve not to go there again.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I purchased $12,000 over the phone with sales agent John **. I purchased a complete black stainless steel Samsung kitchen suite (Family Hub refrigerator, gas cooktop, hood, dishwasher and double oven) plus matching Samsung Flex Washer and Flex Dryer both with pedestals. The prices were the lowest I could find on the internet or online, plus shipping was free and there was no tax. I also got an in store and Samsung rebates on top of the low pricing. Items were delivered by freight as promised and in pristine condition. I have recommended Plessers to family and friends and will continue to shop their store. I highly recommend them!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

We worked with Aziz on a kitchen renovation. He was incredibly helpful, always returned my calls and emails, and was very knowledgeable about all of the products we were shopping for. We would definitely go back.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Jennifer **, a sales associate of Plessers.com, helped me with my purchases. She is extremely knowledgeable about the products that I was interested in. Made appropriate suggestions on different models that will work for my situation. She is on top of all the bonuses and add-ons that will enhance one's purchase experience, getting the best pricing, etc. She is never pushy and gives you time to look at different makes and models. Jennifer, you are a definite asset to your company. I will always ask for you to assist me in my future purchases. Thank you so much.

Plessers Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1919, Plessers Appliances continues to offer old-fashioned service but with modern buying power. As a member of the Inter-Country nationwide appliance co-op, they bring nine billion dollars in sales to the table, so they can stay competitive with large chains and big box stores.

• Fast delivery: Using five fully stocked warehouses allows for quick delivery at virtually any address.

• Discount credit available: Buy and pay no interest for 12 months on qualifying purchases at Plessers Appliances, with credit approval.

• Wide selection: Plessers Appliances carries almost 100 different brands, offering a wide selection of appliances to choose from.

• Limited 10-year warranty: Although it does not cover labor or freight charges, this limited warranty will offer free replacement parts during the covered period. This is one of the longest warranty options on the market.

• Shipping discounts available: Plessers Appliances frequently runs free shipping promotions and installation within their New York service area.

• Best for: Luxe shoppers, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs