2. Homeowners
  3. Appliance Stores
Accredited Partner

Edison, NJ

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.37/5

Abe’s of Maine is a family-owned electronics retailer that sells an array of discounted products, including cameras, TVs and home appliances, online and in person. The company has limited store locations, but you can shop its online inventory and get free shipping anywhere in the U.S.

BOTTOM LINE

Abe’s of Maine is an electronics retailer that sells discounted computers, appliances, TVs, cameras and more. The company offers in-store services in select locations and has an online store that ships across the U.S.

PROS

• Finds rebates and savings for you
  • Free shipping across the U.S.
  • Financing available

CONS

• Not authorized by some brands
  • Refurbished products can be risky

Top Abe's of Maine Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

I could not believe it, they offered a Canon 5DS camera $99 cheaper than the NY super store, It was no brainer, I got it on the spot as I do not pay tax coming from Or...I will follow up with a new post when it gets here.

I love your website. It is very easy to navigate and informative. I just ordered my Nikon camera and I am very excited to start using it once it arrives. I have been checking prices and yours was the best! I glad I found you.

What is Abe’s of Maine?

Abe’s of Maine is an electronics retailer that sells new, factory-fresh and refurbished products, including cameras and photography accessories, TVs, home appliances, speakers and other audio equipment and more. The company carries a variety of brand names online and in-store; it’s important to note, however, that it’s not authorized by several brands, meaning your products might not come with warranties.

Abe’s of Maine’s products

According to its website, Abe’s of Maine’s bargain-hunts for electronics. While some of its inventory is new, much of it’s factory-refurbished. When browsing its website, make sure you read the descriptions carefully so you know the condition of the product and whether or not it’s warrantied.

If you buy imported items from Abe’s of Maine, you won’t get a warranty, and you might not be able to get your product serviced — it’s also possible you won’t be able to update the software or firmware. (Also, note that if you buy a camera labeled as “body only,” this typically means the camera comes without a lens.)

Abe’s of Maine costs

Abe’s of Maine boasts savings of up to 50% off competitor prices, and its website offers coupons and rebates on top of existing product discounts. Product costs vary by category but typically range from $100 to $5,000 (though some high-end camera lenses cost $15,000 to $25,000). The company also offers free shipping and financing options for most products and no sales tax outside of New Jersey.

Abe’s of Maine FAQ

Is Abe’s of Maine an authorized Nikon or Canon dealer?
No, Abe’s of Maine is not an authorized Nikon or Canon dealer, which means products from these brands might not be covered by a manufacturer’s warranty. Authorized products will have an “Authorized Dealer” logo on the Abe’s of Maine product page.
Where is Abe’s of Maine located?
Abe’s of Maine is located in Linden, New Jersey, and the company has an online store that ships all over the U.S.
Is Abe’s of Maine an authorized Sony dealer?
Abe’s of Maine is not an authorized Sony dealer. You can still purchase Sony products from the Abe’s of Maine website, but they might not be backed by Sony’s warranty.

Is Abe’s of Maine legit?

Abe’s of Maine is a legitimate business that’s been operating since 1979 and has several certifications. However, you should be vigilant about reading the fine print when purchasing from its site so you don’t get stuck with products that can’t be serviced or upgraded.

Abe's of Maine Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I hope this lens works with my son's camera. This is the 2nd time I've tried to purchase it from your store. The first time, I received an order confirmation and then the next morning an order cancellation. When I called to ask what happened, I was told the lens was out of stock and that I would get an email when they were back in stock. I just happened to be checking and saw that the website again says it's in stock but I never received an email notification. I hope the purchase goes through and the lens is shipped successfully.

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I have been waiting for a long time to order the Fujifilm X-T4, and when I saw it was available and for $1,350 I could not resist any more. I first saw it on my phone and was thinking to wait till I get to computer to check it out, but your site was so fast and had everything I need it to know about the camera and the ordering process. I honestly don't think it can be any better than this, I cant wait to receive it. :) Thank you so much.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

I purchased the Canon RF24-70L Lens from Abe's because it was $300 less than B&H. There were a few details I needed to decide on my purchase and I could not find them at Abe's; namely the size in mm of the front lens (used to purchase a polarizing filter) and whether the product came with a lens hood. To find the size of the front lens, I went to B&H and looked it up. For the lens hood, there was a picture with the hood on the product, but no "product comes with..." section. I'm taking a chance that the hood comes with the product. As a first time user of Abe's, I may have missed these details somewhere, but I did look. In the end the difference in price will be worth it, but they could have made a sale on the filter if I could have found the lens diameter on their site.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I was in the market for a full frame camera upgrade, as I currently had the original Canon EOS 6D. After weighing my options between the new 6D Mark II and its fancy articulating screen, or just upgrading to the more pricey 5D Mark IV, I happened upon the Abe's of Maine website and saw that they were offering the Canon 5D Mark IV as part of a sale and a full $200 below market price. I could not resist the offer, so I purchased the 5D Mark IV.

Original review: May 17, 2020

Canon EF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS II USM lens. Quick and easy at fair price. Very competitive with Amazon and Ebay. Happy to be able to purchase something from another business than Amazon. Keep up the good work and can't wait to get my new lens. This sale was very fortunate for me to have found. I think too often one tends to go directly to amazon or Ebay thinking that's going to be the best price. Glad to know Abe's proved this not to be case. I am rather amateur in digital photography. It is a comfort to know that I will have a low cost solution to all my photographic needs. Hope the lens arrive soon. Thanks, Carl

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

The website is easy to use looking for and at products. The checkout process was quick and easy. After reviewing several cameras I found the one I wanted in stock. Many other stores don’t seem to have the inventory that Abe’s has.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

My first time purchasing from you but I love your prices!! Still need the Canon RF 28-70 f2 so I'll be back. Also, looking to get some lighting equipment so if you start getting into that please notify me. Thanks!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I discovered your store online while doing a price check. You had the item I have been researching for $400 lower than another famous east coast online camera retailer. I do love those folks, but $400 can't be ignored. The camera hasn't arrived yet, so assuming it's truly new and not gray market, I am super pleased.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Great online system with great prices with option for the people we can’t buy devices in full payment and that very good credit card option with them and now I could get my new Sony 6400 to film in 4k to my clients. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Great Prices for gear. Will definitely be shopping here in the near future. Ive never heard of this establishment before, but now I will tell my friends about it.. I'm hoping customer service is good too if I should need it.

Abe's of Maine Company Information