2. Homeowners
  3. Appliance Stores

Edison, NJ

4.5/5 (258 ratings)

About Abe's of Maine

Abe’s of Maine is a family-owned electronics retailer that sells an array of discounted products, including cameras, TVs and home appliances, online and in person. The company has limited store locations, but you can shop its online inventory and get free shipping anywhere in the U.S.

Pros

• Finds rebates and savings for you
  • Free shipping across the U.S.
  • Financing available

Cons

• Not authorized by some brands
  • Refurbished products can be risky

Bottom Line

Abe’s of Maine is an electronics retailer that sells discounted computers, appliances, TVs, cameras and more. The company offers in-store services in select locations and has an online store that ships across the U.S.

Top Abe's of Maine Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I could not believe it, they offered a Canon 5DS camera $99 cheaper than the NY super store, It was no brainer, I got it on the spot as I do not pay tax coming from Or...I will fo...

Verified

I love your website. It is very easy to navigate and informative. I just ordered my Nikon camera and I am very excited to start using it once it arrives. I have been checking pric...

What is Abe’s of Maine?

Abe’s of Maine is an electronics retailer that sells new, factory-fresh and refurbished products, including cameras and photography accessories, TVs, home appliances, speakers and other audio equipment and more. The company carries a variety of brand names online and in-store; it’s important to note, however, that it’s not authorized by several brands, meaning your products might not come with warranties.

Abe’s of Maine’s products

According to its website, Abe’s of Maine’s bargain-hunts for electronics. While some of its inventory is new, much of it’s factory-refurbished. When browsing its website, make sure you read the descriptions carefully so you know the condition of the product and whether or not it’s warrantied.

If you buy imported items from Abe’s of Maine, you won’t get a warranty, and you might not be able to get your product serviced — it’s also possible you won’t be able to update the software or firmware. (Also, note that if you buy a camera labeled as “body only,” this typically means the camera comes without a lens.)

Abe’s of Maine costs

Abe’s of Maine boasts savings of up to 50% off competitor prices, and its website offers coupons and rebates on top of existing product discounts. Product costs vary by category but typically range from $100 to $5,000 (though some high-end camera lenses cost $15,000 to $25,000). The company also offers free shipping and financing options for most products and no sales tax outside of New Jersey.

Abe’s of Maine FAQ

Is Abe’s of Maine an authorized Nikon or Canon dealer?
No, Abe’s of Maine is not an authorized Nikon or Canon dealer, which means products from these brands might not be covered by a manufacturer’s warranty. Authorized products will have an “Authorized Dealer” logo on the Abe’s of Maine product page.
Where is Abe’s of Maine located?
Abe’s of Maine is located in Linden, New Jersey, and the company has an online store that ships all over the U.S.
Is Abe’s of Maine an authorized Sony dealer?
Abe’s of Maine is not an authorized Sony dealer. You can still purchase Sony products from the Abe’s of Maine website, but they might not be backed by Sony’s warranty.

Is Abe’s of Maine legit?

Abe’s of Maine is a legitimate business that’s been operating since 1979 and has several certifications. However, you should be vigilant about reading the fine print when purchasing from its site so you don’t get stuck with products that can’t be serviced or upgraded.

Abe's of Maine Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

Original review: May 25, 2021

You good camprar with you, unfortunately I don't speak English so I found it a little difficult to make the purchase and the confirmation of this purchase, I got a call from one of your employees but I couldn't communicate with him for not speaking in English, maybe if if you had people fluent in Spanish it would be easier for your clients of other nationalities. I am doing tourism here in your country and would like to receive this item before returning. But the rest went well. Thank you. Amaury

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2021

I had purchased a 500 mm zoom lens and because I’m temporarily living in VT there was a discrepancy noticed between my billing address of PA and the shipping address of VT. I received a call from a rep who wanted to verify the purchase which I greatly appreciated! He also noticed the hood I’d ordered was the wrong size for the lens I was getting and corrected that. He went on to mention a couple other offers and gave me a 3 year warranty at the 2 year price. All are reasons I returned for my most recent purchase.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I hope this lens works with my son's camera. This is the 2nd time I've tried to purchase it from your store. The first time, I received an order confirmation and then the next morning an order cancellation. When I called to ask what happened, I was told the lens was out of stock and that I would get an email when they were back in stock. I just happened to be checking and saw that the website again says it's in stock but I never received an email notification. I hope the purchase goes through and the lens is shipped successfully.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I have been waiting for a long time to order the Fujifilm X-T4, and when I saw it was available and for $1,350 I could not resist any more. I first saw it on my phone and was thinking to wait till I get to computer to check it out, but your site was so fast and had everything I need it to know about the camera and the ordering process. I honestly don't think it can be any better than this, I cant wait to receive it. :) Thank you so much.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

I purchased the Canon RF24-70L Lens from Abe's because it was $300 less than B&H. There were a few details I needed to decide on my purchase and I could not find them at Abe's; namely the size in mm of the front lens (used to purchase a polarizing filter) and whether the product came with a lens hood. To find the size of the front lens, I went to B&H and looked it up. For the lens hood, there was a picture with the hood on the product, but no "product comes with..." section. I'm taking a chance that the hood comes with the product. As a first time user of Abe's, I may have missed these details somewhere, but I did look. In the end the difference in price will be worth it, but they could have made a sale on the filter if I could have found the lens diameter on their site.

Original review: July 20, 2021

I placed an online order for an 85" HDTV. Abe's called the next day to inform me that $300+ of insurance and oversize charges needed to be added to my order. I had already received an E-mail confirmation and invoice that showed free shipping. I was then told that shipping was free, but that insurance and oversize charges were not free, and that I should have read the return policy and/or FAQ. I feel it's 100% Abe's responsibility to correctly calculate, display, and communicate all shipping RELATED charges completely and accurately. If for some internal reason those charges cannot be provide during their online order processing then at the very least Abe's needs to "force" a phone call before accepting the online order, i.e. not just show "free shipping". Adding that amount of additional fees after the fact is just not a good business practice. I ended up cancelling my order and will not do business with Abe's again.

Original review: July 19, 2021

This was my first time purchasing from Abe's, the website was easy to use and the prices were better than other retailers I usually purchase from. Hopefully all goes as advertised and I don't have any issues with the purchase!

Original review: July 15, 2021

Camera in stock and shipped immediately after phone confirmation and adjustments to order based on some recommendations for the sale representative. Great camera with the FTZ adapter for my older F series lenses. Now ordering the Nikkor Z 24 to 200mm for a compact and light all purpose setup.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Ordering was simple and easy. Merchandise beautifully put together. Top of the line equipment. And I hope the shop more in the future. I will most definitely definitely recommend your store to all my friends and family. I hope to do lots and lots of more ordering throughout the rest of the year. Thank you and God bless.

Original review: July 15, 2021

One of the few Detailed stores I've come across. I like how simple the webpage is. This make navigation and searches very easy. Fast searches and easy checkout system. Keep it up Abe's Of Maine. It's 5 star for me and I will recommend to anyone.

Abe's of Maine Company Information