2. Homeowners
  3. Appliance Stores
Accredited Partner

Edison, NJ

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.35/5

Abe’s of Maine was founded in 1979 as a small, family owned electronics retailer in Maine. We have since grown into different states in the northeast region, but our commitment to our customers and outstanding customer service has not changed.

Providing for our customers is our top priority. Our knowledgeable staff is waiting to help you find the right electronics to meet your needs.

Abe's of Maine Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

Original review: June 29, 2020

I was in the market for a full frame camera upgrade, as I currently had the original Canon EOS 6D. After weighing my options between the new 6D Mark II and its fancy articulating screen, or just upgrading to the more pricey 5D Mark IV, I happened upon the Abe's of Maine website and saw that they were offering the Canon 5D Mark IV as part of a sale and a full $200 below market price. I could not resist the offer, so I purchased the 5D Mark IV.

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: May 17, 2020

Canon EF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS II USM lens. Quick and easy at fair price. Very competitive with Amazon and Ebay. Happy to be able to purchase something from another business than Amazon. Keep up the good work and can't wait to get my new lens. This sale was very fortunate for me to have found. I think too often one tends to go directly to amazon or Ebay thinking that's going to be the best price. Glad to know Abe's proved this not to be case. I am rather amateur in digital photography. It is a comfort to know that I will have a low cost solution to all my photographic needs. Hope the lens arrive soon. Thanks, Carl

Original review: March 1, 2020

Hi, Minor point: I placed order ** with this same email on 11/30/2019. I expected Abe's to recognize my email from before. Now I've definitely created an account to go with this current order. Now that I'm writing feedback, I suggest you enhance your search engine to filter products by camera mounts. I can filter for the lens manufacturer (Sony E mount in my case), but it would be very helpful if I could filter for lenses that will fit my camera.

Best regards,

David

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Last week the fine folks at Abe's sent my order and got it here fast. Before sending it, they called to confirm the correctness of the order and shipping information and to see if there was anything else I would need with the order. I've read reviews that listed complaints about up-selling and pressure but I most certainly did not experience that. Michael helped me get a few more things I really did need with my purchase. In the end, I spent less than I would have anywhere else, got exactly what I wanted and needed, felt like a valued customer, and shipping was just as fast as it could be. Today I am writing this review as a returning, happy customer. I am thoroughly pleased with Abe's of Maine!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Great prices but descriptions of products are lacking. Something causes me to feel like this site is a bit shady. Not sure what it is and this may seem a bit unfair as a review since I have no reason to assume so...yet. I gave it 5 stars because of the prices but have yet to see if the 1 star reviews are valid. I am sure they won't allow me to edit this after I submit but I hope I don't have to contact them in a week to find out where my order is. If I can edit later I will update.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I remained quite impressed by the loyalty and the variety of items on this website. It was a great experience to purchase my photo camera for this price. I am a new fan and will always make my items checking first on these web pages.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I've been searching for a 200-500mm lens for my Nikon during covid-19, after renting the lens a while back, with no success with everything shut down until finding Abe's of Maine. Prices are spot on to competitors. I can't wait to receive my lens.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Quality products at reasonable prices, so I returned for a second purchase for a camera lens, hopefully the shipping will be faster this time. I usually receive shipments faster from being 1 state away. Regardless the product arrive as stated in good condition.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I needed to order a prime 35mm for my D500. Your website made it easy. In fact Adam just called to verify the order and I appreciate the courtesy phone call. I would recommend Abe's of Maine to anyone. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I wanted to buy a Canon EOS R camera, which is currently being sold by others (Canon, Amazon, B&H, Adorama) for $1799. The only problem was that I needed a lens mount adapter to be able to use my lenses with the camera, and this particular item was on 4-6 week backorder. LUCKILY (and I use that term facetiously) Abe’s had the lens mount adapter in stock AND was having a Labor Day Sale so the camera would be $200 cheaper;).... Except it wasn’t, because I received a phone call within minutes to be told that I would need to pay extra for the battery, charger, and camera strap. And since I was doing that I might as well get the regular “boxed” product (which I assumed to mean the $1799 product that everyone else was selling). I’m embarrassed that I was tricked into paying extra for things that were already included, so ultimately paid $210 over Canon’s current list price.

So stupid, but I would have forgiven myself (and them) if I’d received a fabulous product. What I received, though, was a grey market camera (no warranty) that arrived after clunking across the country in a unpadded “box” inside a much bigger unpadded “box” (i.e. definitely not the usual Canon packaging). It miraculously seems to work OK, but I’m nervous this won’t last and I’ll be stuck without a warranty. I cannot believe that these people (apparently) have been doing this for years and years and are getting away with it! Moral of the story - never ever ever buy something from someone not a authorized Canon (or Nikon, Sony, etc) dealer. And DEFINITELY never buy anything from Abe’s of Maine.

Abe's of Maine author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1979 as an electronics retailer, Abe's of Maine has expanded to offer a complete line of appliances, camera equipment and other consumer electronics. Despite the name, their store location is in Linden, NJ.

• Fast shipping times: Most products ship within 24-48 hours, allowing for a very quick delivery compared to the industry standard of 1-3 weeks.

• Three year extended warranties: The Abe's of Maine extended warranty includes the original manufacturers warranty for the first year, and matches that level of service for the remaining coverage period.

• Flexible payment options: At Abe's of Maine you are able to pay with cash, credit or Paypal.

• Free shipping: For regular freight with a 6-8 day delivery time, shipping is free.

• Expansive catalog: Not only does Abe's of Maine carry all major brands, they also have several models from each brand.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team