Call toll free
4.15/5
Based on 332 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Edison, NJ

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Abe’s of Maine was founded in 1979 as a small, family owned electronics retailer in Maine. We have since grown into different states in the northeast region, but our commitment to our customers and outstanding customer service has not changed.

Providing for our customers is our top priority. Our knowledgeable staff is waiting to help you find the right electronics to meet your needs.

View More View More

635 Abe's of Maine Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

On May 2018 I bought through a website http://www.abesofmaine.com the Nikon D850 FX-format Digital SLR Camera Body for the published price of $3,249.00. - Order #** (5/9/2018 7:23:30 PM ET). The next day I received a phone call from sales department that because the product was the last one the price was another and adding to that there were missing parts that I have to buy and the warranty had another cost as well, so they charged me the amount of $4,499.00. - ??? So they sent me the product with a few things (not all they said) and no warranty, no memory card, etc. After I argued over the phone they sent me separately the missing parts. I called to demand a detail of the price of every item, but I´m still waiting for that!! I received different emails of this guy, Ted ** of the shop (Abe's of Maine), saying non-sense. I just want a serious customer service and some clear sold items detailed. Or I just want a refund of the difference!!

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2018

It took more than a little while to check out after registering with Abe's of Maine, finally checking out as a guest. So that was frustrating. But the deal was so good, I'm almost over it already. I will probably be back.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I just spent half the night researching the final two things on my wish list. Abe's of Maine had both and also had the cheapest prices for both. I've used them before and have always been very satisfied with my transactions. I'll continue to shop with them because they make it easy and as inexpensive as possible.

Original review: June 11, 2018

First time using your service. I like the price of the lens, The ease of the order. But I want to see if the lens is here tomorrow. I have a shoot this weekend and I want it here a soon as I can get it. I would have paid for a same day service.

Original review: June 10, 2018

This is my first time purchasing an item from this site. I hope the shipping time won't take too long. So far, everything is convenient and it isn't too difficult to look for items through the site! Overall I need to see the purchased item to really complete this experience!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

Original review: June 10, 2018

Easy to purchase. It was not listed if this is USA model, but I hope so. I hope it's not grey market. I have purchased from Abe's Of Maine in the past and know you stand by your sales words and stand behind your sales. Thank you very much.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I ordered and paid for this item (Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Lens for Canon EF) online. A day or so later I received an email stating "Please call me regarding your purchase." I called and left a message and someone did return my call a day or so later. They wanted to sell me additional items that did not come with the lens. I declined the additional items, although they were pretty persistent on selling on them too and finally said they would just ship my lens. Well, as of today 6/6 I still do not have my lens and see they have sent more emails 'to call regarding my purchase'.

I called them back today and the sales person who answered the phone said he was transferring my call to someone else, who didn't answer the phone and I left another message. I read below that this same thing happened to another customer. I just want the lens I have paid for - or now I am wondering is this a scam company?? I am hoping that it is not like the other reviewer and now they are going to tell me they are out of stock since I am not purchasing their additional items!

Original review: June 6, 2018

I assume that this is an import model given the price. I did not notice anywhere in your site that mentioned this. Otherwise, it was an easy painless experience. We'll see if I get the advertised product as promised. I'm putting faith in your online reputation.

Original review: June 6, 2018

You helped me get started with my video gear that I haven't been able to purchase anywhere else. I will definitely recommend this site to others and will be back to use it again to grow my equipment. Great selection of gear, super great prices... and there is always a deal to help you get what you want when you want it.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Website is clear. Financing went quickly. Good price and free shipping option. I was not in hurry so that was fine. Hoping the product comes as described and not damaged. If so I will be buying a lot more items this way from Abe's of Maine. I will probably keep shopping now and add some accessories.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I have used Abe's of Maine before and have had a positive experience. I wanted to upgrade my current camera and was surprised to see the Memorial Day sale offering what I am looking for at a significant savings. I guess when I get the merchandise, I can further comment but so far great!

Original review: May 29, 2018

I appreciate the discount on the 5D MlV body! Your website, and checkout has been very easy to use. We searched for quite a while to make sure we were getting the best deal... and definitely found it here! Thank you!

Original review: May 28, 2018

I've been checking on this item for months. I finally broke down and decided to take the plunge. Especially after reading the return policy and ease of financing. I am so nervous but excited as well. Thank you Abe's of Maine...

Original review: May 27, 2018

Very good website and got the lens for a good deal when compared to other websites. I was in search of this lens from long time and was waiting for a best price that I can get for. Luckily I found this website and bought the lens what I was looking for.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Great website to navigate and purchase from. I will recommend to a friend, especially those who are into photography. And, I plan to return for more purchases, too. Found what I wanted (Canon EOS 7D Mark II) and for a better price than expected. I expected the service and shipping will be just as great.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Great prices and hoping for quick delivery and great customer service if/when needed. I am a first time customer of Abe's of Maine. The purchasing process and huge selections are awesome. Hoping to purchase additional items in the near future.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 25, 2018 I ordered the Nikon AF-S Fisheye Nikkor 8–15mm f/3.5–4.5E ED Lens, which on their site, is advertised at $1,099 showing "In Stock" and a "12% discount"...

After placing the order, I waited 3 days and then received an email requesting me to call their customer service - I did, and spoke with a guy named "Jeff", who informed me that the lens I bought was a 'non-retail version' that did NOT include the lens cap, end cap, hood, or bag that comes with the 'retail version'(!?), and asked if I wanted to upgrade for $150 (which would have brought the final price inline with the normal MSRP). I declined and found the end caps and hood for $60 combined on another website. He said fine, and he said he would place my order for shipment.

Two days later, I received a call from their customer service telling me that the lens was actually out of stock and they didn't know when it would come in. I immediately called 'scam' on them, and demanded to talk with a supervisor. They tried to connect me with one, but she apparently was 'in a meeting' and I received no further email from them.

The next day I placed several calls and Customer Service was unavailable. I was able to get a hold of "Jeff" again through his hotline (he also seems to answer the "Sales" line), and after a few attempts to be patched through to a supervisor, read the other reviews on ConsumerAffairs, realized I was being played, and called back to cancel my order. Order was promptly cancelled, but not without a bit of wasted effort, and otherwise could have bought and received my lens elsewhere by now. Waste of time and effort.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Online purchase/checkout super easy. Amazing price given that no one else seemed to be offering a discount on the MSRP. I have used Abe's before (many years ago) and the company has always had the best prices, quick delivery, and excellent customer service.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Incredible price for this TV!!!! I searched the internet over and over and never found a price even close to this one!! I will definitely shop with Abe’s of Maine again. Please continue to send me emails on all your deals for LG OLED TV’s.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Super deal on the Nikon lens and the six months deferred helps us get our finances in order without feeling the pressure of having it now. Looking forward to getting the lens in hand soon! I'm looking forward to seeing what Abe's of Maine has to offer and can't wait to get the lens out in the field for work.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Buy a Panasonic camcorder - Very good prices compare to any online shops, free shipping, add clear and interesting for me. I will check to this company whenever I want to buy any electronic devices in the future, I will refer to my friends and relative about this online shop.

Original review: May 21, 2018

First time placing an order, price was the best. Has been searching for this prime lens for quite some time now. Was skeptic but took a chance since I was not familiar with this company. Will see what my lens (50mm Canon 1.2 lens) look like when it arrives in the mail. Awaiting delivery.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Excellent customer service and product selection. The order process was easy and our personal information was kept safe and secure. We decided to go with the Sony 85" and were pleased to see them through in the wall mount for free.

Original review: May 20, 2018

After searching, Abe's had the best price. This review is for the order process only. As long as the set arrives new and undamaged, I would again give them another 5 star review. Should have the set in a week or two.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Why am I going to need to put in all of these characters to make a purchase??? This is starting to piss me off and make me not want to buy anything from you ever again. The transaction is stuck in my credit card company. Why???

Original review: May 19, 2018

I looked hard and long for this camera at a good price. The camera, Fujifilm F100F was just what I needed for our Meditarrian vacation. Thanks for helping me with my purchase. I know that I will capture some great shots in this picturesque part of the world. I am a professional photographer with several good cameras and lenses, but the last thing that I wanted was to turn a great vacation into a photo shoot; as I did on our last vacation. This camera will allow me to enjoy the experience of great scenics and using a great professional camera.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Bought a TV from Abe's in 2009, TV is still working like a champ. Just bought another. Had a great experience. Will most likely be buying another in the next few months. Would be great to have a promo code discount.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Always happy with service. This is my second time ordering. Will order again! I have the 24-70 then I got a great deal on and customer service was awesome. Now I'm ordering the 70-200. Can't wait to also get the 85 mm then I think I will be finish for the year. Probably will start to work on lighting next.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I previously ordered the 150-500mm Sigma lens. Which is now obsolete. The salesman sent me an email and when I called he explained how this was a discontinued model. He cancelled that order for me. I am now placing another order for the later model the 150-600mm lens. Abe’s of Maine has the best prices and I am looking forward to getting my new lens in the next week or two.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I ordered a camera lens. They called me and said the product does not come with lens covers or a tripod ring (the tripod ring is shown in the pictures.) The price with the items would be matching the price at B&H or Adorama as I discovered. He then threw in a free filter which had the desired result of me not completely considering what was going on. I then checked the manufacturer's website (I know - should have done that first) and discovered that Abes of Maine (located in New Jersey) was not an authorized seller of that manufacturer. I called Abes back to cancel - it had only been 15 minutes. I asked if they were an authorized seller of that manufacturer's product and, after repeating the question, admitted they are not and said they can service the product for 1 year.

As far as cancelling the order, they first claimed they couldn't because it already shipped. I repeated that I was cancelling as I don't think it really had shipped that quickly. He then said he couldn't cancel because it was already 6:00 pm (EST). It was only 5:50 and I pointed that out. He then said what difference does that make. I said I am cancelling and he then responded by saying he couldn't cancel because it was almost 6:00. When I reiterated my cancelling of the product he acted mad and asked if I understood English. I doubt they are authorized sellers of any manufacturer's product which require it (such as photography equipment). So if you desire the manufacturer of the equipment to stand behind their product with their warranty - do not buy from Abes of (New Jersey) Maine).

Abe's of Maine expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1979 as an electronics retailer, Abe's of Maine has expanded to offer a complete line of appliances, camera equipment and other consumer electronics. Despite the name, their store location is in Linden, NJ.

• Fast shipping times: Most products ship within 24-48 hours, allowing for a very quick delivery compared to the industry standard of 1-3 weeks.

• Three year extended warranties: The Abe's of Maine extended warranty includes the original manufacturers warranty for the first year, and matches that level of service for the remaining coverage period.

• Flexible payment options: At Abe's of Maine you are able to pay with cash, credit or Paypal.

• Free shipping: For regular freight with a 6-8 day delivery time, shipping is free.

• Expansive catalog: Not only does Abe's of Maine carry all major brands, they also have several models from each brand.

• Best for: Frugal shoppers and big families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs