Call toll free
4.07/5

Edison, NJ

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Abe’s of Maine was founded in 1979 as a small, family owned electronics retailer in Maine. We have since grown into different states in the northeast region, but our commitment to our customers and outstanding customer service has not changed.

Providing for our customers is our top priority. Our knowledgeable staff is waiting to help you find the right electronics to meet your needs.

1124 Abe's of Maine Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 28, 2019

Updated on 05/01/2019: My worries were unfounded. I did have to make a call to confirm my purchase at which time the rep did ask me if I wanted an additional battery but it was by no means a hard sell. ONE DAY later my camera arrived and all is good. Their price cannot be beat and coupled with the service they deserve 5 stars!

Original Review: Price can't be beat and my only reservation is the numerous negative reviews. I don't want any calls trying to upsell me, I don't want to hear it's back ordered as the site says in stock. My fears are probably misfounded. If this works like it's supposed to, order camera, pay for camera, receive new camera in excellent condition, then I'd revise this to five stars

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Purchase of Tamron Lens on Mon 4/22/19. I called on Monday morning and ordered the lens. I talked to Adam who really knew his cameras and gave me some great advice in making my purchase. He said he would try to get this order out ASAP but would make no guarantees on how fast it would be delivered. Yes... I am in PA but I was very amazed when the UPS deliveryman came by midafternoon the next day with my lens and accessories. Wow... I had free shipping and it only took one day. Thumbs up for Abe's... I had one of the best buying experiences ever with them plus I saved $150 on this lens. It has not been this low ever even on Amazon.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I placed my order online, giving my Visa number. The order included free delivery. I received a call from Abe's saying there would be a $550 charge for handling and insurance. This made me nervous as to whether this was a legitimate business (I'd had a bad experience years earlier). Didn't help that shipping was via AM Home Delivery, which I'd never heard of. Why 5 stars? Because at the end of the day I received what I ordered at a good price, despite my initial misgivings about the delivery cost. As for AM, can't say enough about the helpful, courteous delivery guys. If you're not thin skinned, Abe's can save you money.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Purchase of a 65 in LG TV set - Your ad does not show the TVs Model Year. I called the store and was told that all TVs for sale were 2018 Models, absolutely no 2017 Models were in stock. In my purchase order I specified to be 2018 Model. If for any reason, the TV Model year was 2017, you should consider my Order Cancelled. Please, send me an e-mail, in the instance that you had to cancel the order! In the past, I have bought cameras and lenses from you. Was always very satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I purchased my Nikon 70-200 lens from your company over 5 years ago. I spoke with someone there and they were very helpful with the questions I had. I usually shoot landscape, however, I have recently started portrait. Which, I am in desperate need of a full frame camera. I took an equine photography workshop. I currently own the Nikon D5100, I was never aware of the huge difference a full frame camera has, until I saw the difference with another students over mine. Also, It was stated that there was no sales tax, however, I was charged.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

Original review: June 14, 2019

The Abe's of Maine website was easy to use. The price for the Canon lens was good. My only disappointment was that the LOYALTY15 promo code would not work. I will look at buying from Abe's in the future because the prices are reasonable. Look forward to getting the lens!

Original review: June 13, 2019

Was looking at the Canon 70-200 lenses and couldn't decide on the Mark II or Mark III. Abe's of Maine had a great price for the Mark III version of the lens. I'm looking forward to finally owning the "must have" lens for any Canon owner.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Have just ordered the lens. It was in stock so I ordered it. Free shipping was a surprise. Will use them again. Found this site on the internet figure I would take a look and found the lens I was looking for at a much lower price.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Very fair price - - easy and quick purchase procedure. A great deal when compared to local retailers as well as most other online sellers, some of which can be somewhat vague when it comes to product descriptions and return policies.

Original review: June 13, 2019

LG 65" Oled B8 TV. Easy checkout, Best Internet price!! Free Shipping Plus additional discount. I checked with Best Buy and they will not match Abe's price even though they have a price match option on any and all of their products. Shipping is only 7 days to my door. Abe's is a Great internet store to shop at. I highly recommend checking them out with any electronics especially televisions.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Placing an order online at Abe's was quick, easy, no hassle and painless. Now let's see just how quickly their one-day shipping is. Hopefully, it's just as good as the ordering. Thanks for being there Abe's. Looking forward to the new camera and lens I ordered from you.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I called to see if the lens I was buying is international or domestic and they were unable to tell me. I did give my phone number but they haven't called me. I bought it anyway as I need the lens quickly. Thanks for your help.

Best,

Billy

Original review: June 11, 2019

You had the item I was looking for when other sites didn't. I appreciate the package I was able to order from you. I chose three day air, today. I'm hoping to receive the package by Friday (06/14/2019). Have a great day... Thank you.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I just placed a significant order and wanted to talk with someone before placing the on-line order. I tried to call on June 7-10 but could not reach anyone. It's very disconcerting. I've experienced great service from Abe's in the past and really appreciate the sales. Just wanted to talk with someone who knows the camera brand.

Original review: June 8, 2019

After searching a lot I found this store. It is the first time I bought in ABE'S, They have a wide catalog of products, good prices, everything was fast and without problems. I hope to continue buying here and I would like you to have help in Spanish.

Original review: June 7, 2019

So far so good. I've ordered a tv and still waiting for it to be delivered. Will complete my review when my tv arrives. If all arrives well I will change my review to a 5 star! Thank you for providing this service.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Your site was easy to use and very competitive prices. I haven't had time yet to check the boxes and items for damage but I will check my order over thoroughly when I receive it. Thank You again! This was fun!!

Original review: June 6, 2019

Great Prices, Shipping is fast, I have used them 4 times and been happy. I have been able to get items from Abe's of Maine. The is on back order at other place. Love The Sale and again great shipping. Will use again.

Original review: June 3, 2019

First lens I bought was delivered fast and was packaged well. Website is easy to use, had no problems finding what I was looking for. I just bought another lens to surprise my wife. She loved the first lens I got from Abe’s.

Original review: June 2, 2019

So far the process has been good. The website is easy to navigate. I cannot say anything else until I receive the product, I am not sure how to review the experience until the transaction is complete. It would be more helpful to fill out a review after everything is completed.

Original review: June 2, 2019

Tamron 150-600 g2. Searched for financing and the search brought me to Abe’s of Maine, simple credit application and instant results. Best prices around, navigating around was super easy and checkout was fast, easy search tool with accurate searches. Definitely will be shopping more at Abe’s.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I never had any problems with my purchases at Abe's, bought 3 cameras, 3 lenses and several other items, all to my satisfaction, originals and new. I highly recommend them, and best of all, great prices. Hope your experience is as good as my. A satisfied customer.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I would've liked an estimated shipping dates for ground shipping and the other shipping options because I was not sure if I needed to pay for the 3-day select. Otherwise the process was fairly easy and quick and hopefully everything else goes well!

Original review: May 29, 2019

I just placed an order so do not yet have an opinion. I will write another review when I receive my order and determine satisfaction. Price was good, so I hope the product arrives in good time and condition. I also want to make sure that I get tracking information for my order.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I found this place to have the best price for the camera I am looking for (Nikon D500). The checkout was simple and easy, and worked with no issues. I will review the camera once I receive it and describe the shipping and handling experience.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Not happy to find out there's a 15% restocking fee. I'll be very upset if there's a problem with the item and I have to return it. B and H and Adorama do not have a policy like that. That's enough to keep me from recommending Abe's of Maine.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Really good fast responsive service. This service is great if you are a money saver because of the low interest it provides. Will definitely recommend. I was able to set everything up really fast and got to check out quick.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I purchased several items from Abe's and the representative named Steve was very helpful and professional. It was a pleasure doing business with your company. I also made a purchase online and the process was quick and easy. The price was great and I am excited to receive the items.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Canon EOS Rebel T7i pre-order product information very helpful. The Canon EOS Rebel T 7i has most features of the more expensive DSLR cameras I considered. Online ordering simple process. Very satisfied with the price compared to other sources I reviewed.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Hopefully my package comes okay but other than that it was Great to work with. I heard mixed reviews about this website so I’m a little scared but hopefully everything comes okay and if it does definitely would recommend. Great prices for sure.

Abe's of Maine expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1979 as an electronics retailer, Abe's of Maine has expanded to offer a complete line of appliances, camera equipment and other consumer electronics. Despite the name, their store location is in Linden, NJ.

• Fast shipping times: Most products ship within 24-48 hours, allowing for a very quick delivery compared to the industry standard of 1-3 weeks.

• Three year extended warranties: The Abe's of Maine extended warranty includes the original manufacturers warranty for the first year, and matches that level of service for the remaining coverage period.

• Flexible payment options: At Abe's of Maine you are able to pay with cash, credit or Paypal.

• Free shipping: For regular freight with a 6-8 day delivery time, shipping is free.

• Expansive catalog: Not only does Abe's of Maine carry all major brands, they also have several models from each brand.

• Best for: Frugal shoppers and big families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs