Call toll free
4.22/5
Based on 371 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Edison, NJ

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Abe’s of Maine was founded in 1979 as a small, family owned electronics retailer in Maine. We have since grown into different states in the northeast region, but our commitment to our customers and outstanding customer service has not changed.

Providing for our customers is our top priority. Our knowledgeable staff is waiting to help you find the right electronics to meet your needs.

View More View More

679 Abe's of Maine Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

New camera buy - Great price. Best on the web by $50 & free shipping. Amazon and the other big photo stores were not competitive. Can't beat them and the website is easy to use with no tedious checkout and it is secure.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

So far so good. Streamlined experience, easy and quick financing, excellent price on item. No complaints at all. This was my first time shopping on the site, so I don't know how fast shipping is, or how good they are at communication, but I'm pleased thus far. Well done.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Online Nikon Camera Body only -- great price and better than Amazon & eBay for quality. One minor observation: was not able to ADD a Nikon Strap if not shipped with camera, there was NO details, and I was only looking for a Camera Body for my daughter's business. Having all Nikon DSL FX cameras and lens, this was a needed item for her use at Military/Family/Weddings etc functions needing 2 cameras at arm's length to ensure the best possible photo shoot. I shall be back for more in the future.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

The price for the TV was good with free shipping. But must pay insurance $300 and has taken 15 days to get. The shipping company is poor. Not any real tracking and very poor communication in replying to email and they don't answer the phone. Extended warranty the company Abe's use is the worst as I have never seen such poor rating at BBB and the comments all the same bad. Abe's is also not responsive after they sell and they push you like a used car salesman. Good price maybe but worry about warranty and shipping time. We to pay a bit more is worth the money. I hope I don't have any issues with the TV or I am screwed.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Nikon SB700 speedlight for my Nikons - Best price and service! Second purchase in about one year time frame. Burned up my expensive SB900. Can't wait to see how the 700 works for me. Did some research and read a bunch of reviews, praying I will be happy with this choice!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Abe's of Maine prices seem much lower than anyone else but that's because you don't get the camera you purchase. Just before delivery they call you to say that camera is on back order and you have to buy the whole kit. This is especially true if you're buying a body only. This happened to me twice but I'd forgotten or they were operating under a different name. They had me in their database. I managed to get them down to $30 above the original price but that was after much effort on my part. The kits may be a good deal for a novice photographer who doesn't have much but it's not an ethical way to do business.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

The site was easy to navigate and I found my item with ease. I would definitely recommend to a friend. I will be coming back for more of my future purchases. I also spoke a customer service rep that was friendly and helpful.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I like LG products but this is my first LG and my first QLED TV! I bought stuff from you back when I was younger mostly photography and stereo equipment. Abe's is reputable and has good, competitive prices. No instance where I needed customer assistance.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I have purchased various items from Abe's throughout the years. Unfortunately, my last two purchases from Abe's have been problematic. One camera, they advertise a great deal but when I order it on the phone they try to jack me up by making me buy items which normally comes with the camera such as a battery and the charger at an exorbitant cost. I wanted the camera so I complied and got everything. On this last purchase which came only a few weeks from my last one, I ordered another camera online but after waiting ten days I still saw no confirmation of having been shipped so I called. They did not ship it. They then try to sell me the charger and the battery again. I told them to send me the camera period. I will wait a couple of days and check again to see if they shipped.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Ordering is simple. Let's see what the results are once the product is delivered (and if it is delivered in a timely fashion). Price for Canon M6 body only is great. Hoping that item is fully boxed and includes standard accessories: neck strap, Canon battery & Canon charger.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Wow! We came across the link to your store from an article we read on CNET and we were so impressed with your prices! We ordered as soon as we saw that the price of what we wanted could not be beat anywhere else!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I recently purchased a fairly expensive camera from your company and I was please with the cost and handling. I do expect the same service and receive all items that usually comes with the camera such as charger and battery, lens cap. Same as what I received on my last order. Thank you for your great service.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Sigma lens purchase - I had no problems but I could not find a neoprene cover for this large lens so I bought it from B&H so I wasn't sure of the accuracy of your search engine. I thought you would have had such accessories because anyone buying such lens would want it.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Great site, easy to use, though my old account is apparently no longer active so had to start a new one. Too bad, because I've had quite a long history of shopping with you. Not a big deal, just a pain having to search with no result. Looking forward to receiving my order!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Several days ago, I purchased a Sony XBR-65X900F television on Abe's of Maine's website. The site clearly said "Free Delivery" and, when I completed my order, I was not told that my ZIP code was excluded from that offer. Instead, my order was accepted and I was informed that delivery would be in "7 to 10 days". Today, I received email from Abe's telling me to phone their 800 number "complete your order". I called as instructed and was informed that they could not ship my order to me because my address is "not in our service area". They then made some vague offer to ship it "UPS or some way" for "at least $200". I ordered this tv from Abe's because I had good experiences with them many years ago. However, I am canceling my order and plan to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for their false advertising.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

The shopping, product comparison and product search were a very good experience. The website is very organized and easy to navigate. The prices are very competitive. I highly recommend Abe's. I will certainly purchase products form this source again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I needed a camera in three days and they promised they would have it to me in three days. Then two days later I get an email saying it won’t be there for seven more days. I called the company and the gentleman I spoke to was very rude and automatically said 3 to 5 business days, 3 to 5 business days. I was never told business days I was told three calendar days and that I would have it. They will lie about anything to get you to buy.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I purchased my Nikon 70-200 lens from your company over 5 years ago. I spoke with someone there and they were very helpful with the questions I had. I usually shoot landscape, however, I have recently started portrait. Which, I am in desperate need of a full frame camera. I took an equine photography workshop. I currently own the Nikon D5100, I was never aware of the huge difference a full frame camera has, until I saw the difference with another students over mine. Also, It was stated that there was no sales tax, however, I was charged.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Easy peasy. A trouble free experience. Abe’s had the camera I need at a very competitive price. I will definitely be doing more business with Abe’s. I’ll furnish more info once the item is received. Looking forward to receiving my new purchase. Maine is a great state and I would like to visit your store.

Original review: July 24, 2018

My first time purchasing from Abe's. Seems like a great deal on the Canon 7D Mark II. Fingers crossed. Had a bit of a hard time navigating the site and finding accessories I wanted. Found a battery for the 7D but not clear if it would fit the Mark II. Other sites list it with the letter "N" as LP-E6N.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I bought a Nikon D850 and lens and other photography items. The person I spoke to did a nice job and was very very helpful. I would recommend to friends. He also caught my mistake when I ordered the wrong battery.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Amazing store and site. Site was very easy to navigate through. The deals and prices are to die for. I saved so much here compared to any other website or store out there. 100% Recommend. 10/10 would and will shop again.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Website was easy and price was very fair. I look forward to the order completion and hope all product meets my expectations. I saw some negative reviews but had ordered years ago and hope they are as great as they were back then.

Original review: July 17, 2018

A sales associate called after the purchase to try and up sell my purchase. He was very rude and when I ask for his name he told me "none of my business". I cancelled the order. Jennifer ** at customer satisfaction called me back and made a very unhappy customer happy again and in the process, saved a sale.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Purchased Sigma 70-200 mm 2.8 lens. I received it on Friday after trying couple of times, realized that is it jerking quite a lot. Hence called on Monday to see what are my options. They were going send return label but no email from them. Called again on Tuesday, no one is picking up at customer service. Feels like they pick it up, put on mute and then disconnect. Tried Sales extension. That guy was forwarding it to Customer support without listening to my complete question. After calling 5-6 times, he threatening it that this is America and you have to have patience and hold on line. This is not foreign country where things will have with snap. He also threaten to block my number if I call again. He is not ready to listen at all. Now have to find other ways to handle this as this is quite expensive lens. Worst experience. Never going to buy again and will also tell friends and family to avoid such crappie fraud.

Original review: July 15, 2018

My experience with Abe's was actually greater than a 5 Star rating. I have been buying electronics from Abe's for 25 years. They are the best. Great prices, Great service. Always very professional. I see no reason to buy anywhere else. Thanks Again!

Original review: July 14, 2018

Canon 6D II was almost 600 cheaper than anywhere else. I will def continue to use Abes of Main for my future photography needs. Very easy to do business with. Will continue to shop here and recommend to others.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Best prices on quality gear (Digital Cameras). I am a comparison shopper and every time they come through with the right equipment at the right price. I will return in the future. I have recommended them to friends in the past and will continue to do so in the future. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: July 8, 2018

The website is very easy to use and navigate. The prices are unbelievable. They cannot be beat. Their customer service was very helpful when I called and asked some questions about shipping and their return policy. I would recommend this store to all my friends.

Original review: July 7, 2018

This is the second TV that I have bought through Abe's of Maine and the prices and experience can't be beat. The first time I had no issues with delivery so I opted to upgrade to express delivery this time just so I didn't have to wait the 7-14 days.

Abe's of Maine expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1979 as an electronics retailer, Abe's of Maine has expanded to offer a complete line of appliances, camera equipment and other consumer electronics. Despite the name, their store location is in Linden, NJ.

• Fast shipping times: Most products ship within 24-48 hours, allowing for a very quick delivery compared to the industry standard of 1-3 weeks.

• Three year extended warranties: The Abe's of Maine extended warranty includes the original manufacturers warranty for the first year, and matches that level of service for the remaining coverage period.

• Flexible payment options: At Abe's of Maine you are able to pay with cash, credit or Paypal.

• Free shipping: For regular freight with a 6-8 day delivery time, shipping is free.

• Expansive catalog: Not only does Abe's of Maine carry all major brands, they also have several models from each brand.

• Best for: Frugal shoppers and big families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Abe's of Maine Company Information

www.abesofmaine.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business