Edison, NJ

4.5/5 (88 ratings)

About Abe's of Maine

Abe’s of Maine is a family-owned electronics retailer that sells an array of discounted products, including cameras, TVs and home appliances, online and in person. The company has limited store locations, but you can shop its online inventory and get free shipping anywhere in the U.S.

Pros

• Finds rebates and savings for you
  • Free shipping across the U.S.
  • Financing available

Cons

• Not authorized by some brands
  • Refurbished products can be risky

Bottom Line

Abe’s of Maine is an electronics retailer that sells discounted computers, appliances, TVs, cameras and more. The company offers in-store services in select locations and has an online store that ships across the U.S.

Top Abe's of Maine Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

Verified

I could not believe it, they offered a Canon 5DS camera $99 cheaper than the NY super store, It was no brainer, I got it on the spot as I do not pay tax coming from Or...I will fo...

Verified

I love your website. It is very easy to navigate and informative. I just ordered my Nikon camera and I am very excited to start using it once it arrives. I have been checking pric...

What is Abe’s of Maine?

Abe’s of Maine is an electronics retailer that sells new, factory-fresh and refurbished products, including cameras and photography accessories, TVs, home appliances, speakers and other audio equipment and more. The company carries a variety of brand names online and in-store; it’s important to note, however, that it’s not authorized by several brands, meaning your products might not come with warranties.

Abe’s of Maine’s products

According to its website, Abe’s of Maine’s bargain-hunts for electronics. While some of its inventory is new, much of it’s factory-refurbished. When browsing its website, make sure you read the descriptions carefully so you know the condition of the product and whether or not it’s warrantied.

If you buy imported items from Abe’s of Maine, you won’t get a warranty, and you might not be able to get your product serviced — it’s also possible you won’t be able to update the software or firmware. (Also, note that if you buy a camera labeled as “body only,” this typically means the camera comes without a lens.)

Abe’s of Maine costs

Abe’s of Maine boasts savings of up to 50% off competitor prices, and its website offers coupons and rebates on top of existing product discounts. Product costs vary by category but typically range from $100 to $5,000 (though some high-end camera lenses cost $15,000 to $25,000). The company also offers free shipping and financing options for most products and no sales tax outside of New Jersey.

Abe’s of Maine FAQ

Is Abe’s of Maine an authorized Nikon or Canon dealer?
No, Abe’s of Maine is not an authorized Nikon or Canon dealer, which means products from these brands might not be covered by a manufacturer’s warranty. Authorized products will have an “Authorized Dealer” logo on the Abe’s of Maine product page.
Where is Abe’s of Maine located?
Abe’s of Maine is located in Linden, New Jersey, and the company has an online store that ships all over the U.S.
Is Abe’s of Maine an authorized Sony dealer?
Abe’s of Maine is not an authorized Sony dealer. You can still purchase Sony products from the Abe’s of Maine website, but they might not be backed by Sony’s warranty.

Is Abe’s of Maine legit?

Abe’s of Maine is a legitimate business that’s been operating since 1979 and has several certifications. However, you should be vigilant about reading the fine print when purchasing from its site so you don’t get stuck with products that can’t be serviced or upgraded.

Abe's of Maine Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

The warmth and professionalism of Abe's of Maine is top-tier, I spoke to Adam, he was friendly and to the point as he answered all of my questions. Also, the prices they offer on new, quality gear, are virtually unbeatable. I ordered a Sony A7 IV with a 24-70mm GM II lens. They had an unbelievable sale on the lens and a great price for the camera-body. Overall, I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

First order from ABE's of Maine, so don't have history. Setting up account and ordering was very easy, for an old dodger like me. I have enjoyed photography for many years and have done some bird photography. I am upgrading my equipment especially for bird photography (not finished with the upgrade) but find Abe's easy to deal with thus far and the prices seem more than fair. My plan is to acquire a good telephoto lens, so I am salivating for a Nikon D500 SLR and it seems like Abe's has just what I am looking for.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

I just ordered an item and the review seemed to be required in a popup after my order. I am not sure how to review as this is my first time using Abe's of Maine and have just ordered, and not received my item as of yet. The ordering process was pretty straightforward, and I didn't have any technical issues with the website, but that's all I can say at this point. The item I ordered says it's new and is at quite a discount, so I can only hope that it's just like the lens I test-drove recently. :) Can't wait to get it!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

Great pricing on the camera but the accessories seemed slightly higher when compared to other retailers. Checkout was quick and simple and in addition I was able to qualify for zero interest financing. If the accessories had been lower cost I would have purchased all of them from Abe's of Maine. When I was more active in photography years ago - Abe's of Maine was one of my 3 go to choices which is why I picked them for my major camera purchase.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

I had been shopping left and right for a specific type of camera. I searched through so many stores and websites. I randomly found out about Abe's of Maine so I thought I'd try them out. So far so good. I purchased my camera from them because the price was a great deal. It has been an excellent experience so far. I'll be looking forward to doing business with Abe's of Maine for a while.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Very easy to use and satisfied with way to order and price. This Was sent to me by friend and glad he gave me on-site to this store. I will be back for more ideas. I will return to look again. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Excited to get this gear. Thanks for the deal. Descriptions of products could be a bit more exciting to meet the momentous occasion of this kind of purchase. Overall psyched that you've offered great deals on great products. That's all I've got to say about that right now. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Excited for the camera to arrive! Waiting to get an update on shipping, hopefully will have a good experience after the camera arrives for the Fujifilm X100v. I shall update if there is a delay in the camera arriving with me

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

The website was fairly easy to use; I don't know why I can't use my Synchrony credit account at checkout, but other payment options were available to me. Also, Abe's has the Nikon P950 in stock while many other retailers have it on backorder.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

Very good product, price and communication! After my experience with this company, I would highly recommend Abe's of Maine to a friend! I called for information pertaining to the products and procedures for payment and delivery! The salesperson was very helpful, personable and knowledgeable! Thank You, Abe's!!!

Abe's of Maine Company Information