Call toll free
4.00/5

Edison, NJ

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Abe’s of Maine was founded in 1979 as a small, family owned electronics retailer in Maine. We have since grown into different states in the northeast region, but our commitment to our customers and outstanding customer service has not changed.

Providing for our customers is our top priority. Our knowledgeable staff is waiting to help you find the right electronics to meet your needs.

View More View More

1047 Abe's of Maine Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 23, 2019

You order the television at a great price. Free shipping. You place the order, the order doesn't go thru and a salesperson calls you next day to verify and upsell you things. I HAD to pay a charge on insurance even though it is free shipping THEN the sales person advised I get white glove - it's only 69 dollars more but the total I paid in additional fees was $388.00. I can't hate this place as I still saved $980 total. BUT I don't like double talking and am pissed that I let it happen to me.

Make the salespeople explain all charges that lead up to the total they are charging you. If I did that I would not have paid for WHITE GLOVE DELIVERY which is only two dopes in a truck bringing up your tv pulling the box open and plugging it in and leaving. They don't put it on stand and they don't wont help you do it. So, DON'T pay extra for white glove delivery - it is a rip off. Take the chance the tv is not cracked or broken, if the box is in good condition sign for it, if not refuse delivery. You pay extra not to deal with this kind of crap, it's up to you if it's worth it or now dealing with these kind of sales. I chose and I'm ok with Abe's of Maine.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Purchase of Tamron Lens on Mon 4/22/19. I called on Monday morning and ordered the lens. I talked to Adam who really knew his cameras and gave me some great advice in making my purchase. He said he would try to get this order out ASAP but would make no guarantees on how fast it would be delivered. Yes... I am in PA but I was very amazed when the UPS deliveryman came by midafternoon the next day with my lens and accessories. Wow... I had free shipping and it only took one day. Thumbs up for Abe's... I had one of the best buying experiences ever with them plus I saved $150 on this lens. It has not been this low ever even on Amazon.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Great prices. Very happy with the website design and enjoyed the information provided on my TV on the website. It helped me compare the TV I ordered to another one I was thinking about purchasing. Would recommend to a friend looking to buy a TV online.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Last item ordered from Abe's arrived on time or even a bit early. Shopped for best price and found it at Abe's. I now hope that I will again get an email telling me of the expected product arrival time.

Original review: April 21, 2019

After ordering the TV online, their website said, "NO Shipping Fees, No Sales Tax". A couple days later I got an email asking me to call them and CONFIRM my order. When I did, the Abe's rep informed me of a $200+ add-on charge for INSURANCE. Funny how that didn't show up on the Cart or Order page. I canceled the order on the spot.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

Original review: April 20, 2019

With exception to locating a promo code (all that I found posted were not valid but posted on various sites), the end cost was still a great price. I assume the camera will also come with the normal equipment... charger, battery, etc... it didn't list? Tried to call this date and rec'd recording.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I have had a good experience buying from Abe's of Maine and I always expect the best form you. I appreciate your business so much. I also expect that you continue to offer excellent products at an excellent price, like the one I'm buying.

Original review: April 19, 2019

First and foremost, the prices for the SLR cameras are well priced. And with Abe's of Maine being partnered with Zibby financing, it really gives you an even more affordable way to pay for your equipment without having to breaking the bank. Very good and understanding company.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Ordered a brand new Fujifilm XT3 with 18-55 mm lens for $1529 as advertised at their website. Later they said, they will not ship all the original accessories that it comes with from Fujifilm, the manufacturer. They were asking me to pay hundreds more for those that comes free along with the camera. Never ever buy anything from them. The FTC, FCC and New Jersey consumer protection agency should look into their business practices. This is a company that advertise low prices and then gauges people exuberant extra amount that suppose to come free as manufacturer provides those in the original box. I have canceled my order as they knew I am not falling for it.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I've searched around all over for good camera pricing and Abe's of Maine is by far the best!!! And they do not charge taxes as well which is a plus. Looking forward to getting my camera in the mail. Ordering was very simple and checkout secure and very easy as well.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III. Was recommended to check out this site by a few family members who are avid photographers. Great price for this lens. Looking forward to taking some actions shots of my boys playing soccer. Assuming there's no issues with shipping...I would give it a 5 star rating.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Always a good experience and always a good price.. Very pleased with the services... of ABE'S OF MAINE. I have ordered items from them before and they never disappointment me. I am looking forward to another great experience. Looking forward to building my home theater. YESSS.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Purchased a camera from them, due to being less expensive from other e-tailers. Male rep called me up, who attempted to sell me some items, I knew I don't need, so I refused. That when he told me that item will not be available after 3 weeks and was in disbelief, as it was not on backorder per their site info. The following day, I decided to cancel the item, as I was traveling abroad and need it asap. A lady rep told me that actually they have it in stock, but was on package deal and that I have to pay extra for them. Due to necessity, I went ahead and bought it with added items. When I received it, I was shocked, as it was not a kit, as she told me and there were no added items. I didn't have the chance to complain, as I went on a 4 week trip to Europe, afterwards. This woman, which I cannot recall her name right now, is a duper and extremely dishonest person. Will not shop with them again!

Original review: April 14, 2019

Abe's offered the best pricing on the items I was looking for, and had convenient financing as well, which is enabling me to add an additional lens to my purchase. All items are in stock and I am excited to receive my goodies!

Original review: April 14, 2019

I bought my first Nikon SLR and DSLR Cameras from Abe's of Maine (Nikon 6006 and Nikon D60). Now, many years later, I need to upgrade to new Nikon D3500. Abe's of Maine is still my choice of vendor. It's easy to buy, good services and supports, and best price.

Original review: April 13, 2019

This was my first time purchasing from Abe's. Was very shocked to see the lens I wanted for $100 cheaper than most other places. Looking forward to it coming in. If everything works how it should I will definitely be a returning customer.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I don't know, just ordered, maybe after the order arrives. I did call but no one picked up. I sent a message by way of communication link but no response. So I'll give you benefit of the doubt and start with 3 stars as the price was right on the lens.

Original review: April 12, 2019

All I want is to buy what I want with any upselling or telling me that a battery does not come with the kit and need to buy extra and other **. Just send me what I paid for and don't call me. Just send my package. Thank you.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Definitely great on the prices, good prices, best I seen online! My friend recommended me after he bought a camera for his son last week. Definitely enjoy the time on here and hope my son enjoy his new gift! Hopefully, the sale is still on for the equipments.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I had a couple of questions regarding the Tamron 18-400 canon mount lens. I sent email from your site, no reply. I called our place, a gentleman took my phone #, no reply. Gave up waiting and now ordered it anyway. You should be more attentive with emails and phone calls. Thank you. Bob

Original review: April 10, 2019

So far so good :). I have only ordered my camera. I haven't gotten it yet. Hopefully it will be here soon and I can give you more input. Thank you very much. The price was great. I'm hoping that I will be able to use this camera for many years.

Original review: April 9, 2019

In all the years past I have always had great service when purchasing electronic items from Abe's of Maine. Some fantastic prices, along with punctual shipping. I have never had any issues with my purchases. I am looking forward to future business with Abe's of Maine.

Original review: April 8, 2019

First Time purchase. See how it goes. I am sure it will be great when I get my order. Was easy to place order and price was very reasonable. Looking forward to using my new p1000 Nikon. Found this info to be helpful.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Purchase Nikon D7500 Camera Body. My experience with the online purchase of this camera has been excellent so far. I don't know how soon I will receive the camera and will hope that it is within a week of the order. All other aspects of setting up an account and making the purchase were very easy and straightforward so I am very satisfied.

Original review: April 8, 2019

You are amazing. Amazon would not even entertain the notion of paying extra for fast shipping. I'm leaving the country Friday and didn't want to pay Hawaii prices nor did I want to deal with Amazon. I needed a lens and Abe's of Maine saved me. I will absolutely recommend you to a friend.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Canon EF 24-70mm 1:2.8 L USM Lens. Best online price for new lens from legitimate U.S. company. Free shipping, no tax in my state. Replacement lens after many years of use. Great purchasing experience with secure credit card transaction. Holding off on 5th star rating pending actual receipt of product.

Original review: April 7, 2019

Canon D77. From all the research I found on the Internet... including Amazon... they had BY FAR the lowest price. I actually thought it was too good to be true. I did some research and they seem to be a reputable company. So now the hard part... waiting for my new camera to get here so I can try it out! Thanks!

Original review: April 7, 2019

Checkout was quick and easy. Price was excellent. Pretty much a BS free zone. I just now ordered so we'll have to see how the delivery process works out. The only thing weird is the fact Abe's of Maine is in New Jersey. I would recommend in a heartbeat - I just wish the shipping was faster but hey; it was free.

Original review: April 7, 2019

Great Price - Have been keeping my eye out for a deal on the Panasonic GH5 for some time now, and was happy to see your price during your anniversary sale. I just ordered it and hope to see it in the mail soon. Thanks.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Canon - Been looking for a decent camera to start dabbling in astrophotography. And at a great price, I found it here. This has been a long time coming and I'm glad I was able to find this website. Definitely going to be coming back in the future.

Abe's of Maine expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1979 as an electronics retailer, Abe's of Maine has expanded to offer a complete line of appliances, camera equipment and other consumer electronics. Despite the name, their store location is in Linden, NJ.

• Fast shipping times: Most products ship within 24-48 hours, allowing for a very quick delivery compared to the industry standard of 1-3 weeks.

• Three year extended warranties: The Abe's of Maine extended warranty includes the original manufacturers warranty for the first year, and matches that level of service for the remaining coverage period.

• Flexible payment options: At Abe's of Maine you are able to pay with cash, credit or Paypal.

• Free shipping: For regular freight with a 6-8 day delivery time, shipping is free.

• Expansive catalog: Not only does Abe's of Maine carry all major brands, they also have several models from each brand.

• Best for: Frugal shoppers and big families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs