Edison, NJ

4.3/5 (72 ratings)

About Abe's of Maine

Abe’s of Maine is a family-owned electronics retailer that sells an array of discounted products, including cameras, TVs and home appliances, online and in person. The company has limited store locations, but you can shop its online inventory and get free shipping anywhere in the U.S.

Pros

• Finds rebates and savings for you
  • Free shipping across the U.S.
  • Financing available

Cons

• Not authorized by some brands
  • Refurbished products can be risky

Bottom Line

Abe’s of Maine is an electronics retailer that sells discounted computers, appliances, TVs, cameras and more. The company offers in-store services in select locations and has an online store that ships across the U.S.

Top Abe's of Maine Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I could not believe it, they offered a Canon 5DS camera $99 cheaper than the NY super store, It was no brainer, I got it on the spot as I do not pay tax coming from Or...I will fo...

Verified

I love your website. It is very easy to navigate and informative. I just ordered my Nikon camera and I am very excited to start using it once it arrives. I have been checking pric...

What is Abe’s of Maine?

Abe’s of Maine is an electronics retailer that sells new, factory-fresh and refurbished products, including cameras and photography accessories, TVs, home appliances, speakers and other audio equipment and more. The company carries a variety of brand names online and in-store; it’s important to note, however, that it’s not authorized by several brands, meaning your products might not come with warranties.

Abe’s of Maine’s products

According to its website, Abe’s of Maine’s bargain-hunts for electronics. While some of its inventory is new, much of it’s factory-refurbished. When browsing its website, make sure you read the descriptions carefully so you know the condition of the product and whether or not it’s warrantied.

If you buy imported items from Abe’s of Maine, you won’t get a warranty, and you might not be able to get your product serviced — it’s also possible you won’t be able to update the software or firmware. (Also, note that if you buy a camera labeled as “body only,” this typically means the camera comes without a lens.)

Abe’s of Maine costs

Abe’s of Maine boasts savings of up to 50% off competitor prices, and its website offers coupons and rebates on top of existing product discounts. Product costs vary by category but typically range from $100 to $5,000 (though some high-end camera lenses cost $15,000 to $25,000). The company also offers free shipping and financing options for most products and no sales tax outside of New Jersey.

Abe’s of Maine FAQ

Is Abe’s of Maine an authorized Nikon or Canon dealer?
No, Abe’s of Maine is not an authorized Nikon or Canon dealer, which means products from these brands might not be covered by a manufacturer’s warranty. Authorized products will have an “Authorized Dealer” logo on the Abe’s of Maine product page.
Where is Abe’s of Maine located?
Abe’s of Maine is located in Linden, New Jersey, and the company has an online store that ships all over the U.S.
Is Abe’s of Maine an authorized Sony dealer?
Abe’s of Maine is not an authorized Sony dealer. You can still purchase Sony products from the Abe’s of Maine website, but they might not be backed by Sony’s warranty.

Is Abe’s of Maine legit?

Abe’s of Maine is a legitimate business that’s been operating since 1979 and has several certifications. However, you should be vigilant about reading the fine print when purchasing from its site so you don’t get stuck with products that can’t be serviced or upgraded.

Abe's of Maine Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

It was easy to order at Abe's. I guess I will wait to see how long it takes to receive my merchandise. I hope they are as fast as they say. I will respond when I get my order from Abe's. I don't like the immediate commenting after I just placed the order. How about wait until I receive my product.

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

I had been shopping left and right for a specific type of camera. I searched through so many stores and websites. I randomly found out about Abe's of Maine so I thought I'd try them out. So far so good. I purchased my camera from them because the price was a great deal. It has been an excellent experience so far. I'll be looking forward to doing business with Abe's of Maine for a while.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

Ordered camera. Great sale. Website was easy and financing had great terms. No interest if you paid it off within 12 months.. Waiting on camera now. Will be back to look at lenses after I pay off this. Looking forward to owning my first Nikon. I've owned Olympus in the past but they seem to be falling behind the competition. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

I found incredible pricing and ease of product location through web site with one exception. The available accessories for the item purchased were not easily located unless part of an integrated "kit". I'm not sure if this is intentional or a product of an inept user. Either way. I will shop here again, even if I have to go to other sites to find related accessories.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Seamless ordering process and amazing Black Friday deals. Looking forward to a brisk delivery process. My wife is excited to upgrade her camera arsenal within the Nikon family. With the included FTZ adapter she’ll be able to continue to use her existing high quality lenses with the new technology of the mirrorless frame. I can’t wait to gift this great deal for the holidays.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Found a great deal on a Fuji camera for $1450. I called them to change the from the silver model to black and had a really sketchy experience. They basically told me the camera I ordered was an import model and didn't have come with a camera cap, and proceeded to very quickly try to upsell me some expensive accessories....a lens cap, strap, battery, and charger for an extra $349. I thought an SD card was also included, but when my package arrived, there was no card. Be extremely wary of this company and their overpriced upsells. I feel taken advantage of with their bait and switch practices. I will not purchase from this shady company again.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Easy to find what I need and loved no sales tax! Can't wait for my lens. Ordering was easy and site provided the info I needed, overall a great experience! I ordered two z mount lens and hope to get them soon! Thank you, Abe's of Maine!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Have been wanting one for years. Presently have 60D. Going to FLA for vacation soon, wanted an upgrade now. Looked the internet. Found this lowest price, free shipping and free financing for 12 months. Means nothing from my pocket today. Couldn't be more easy and painless. (Or brainless). NOW. If they deliver the merchandise as expected. That's the REAL test.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Abe’s had the best price! Their website was easy to navigate and had all the information for me to make my decision. The checkout process was very simple to complete my purchase. Best of all there were no taxes. Pretty cool in this day and age!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Placing this order was simple. I just hope this comes in time and in great condition. If this works out, we can set up an business account for further purchases. This is for a school job and this is an electric company making this purchase,

Abe's of Maine Company Information