Call toll free
4.14/5

Edison, NJ

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Abe’s of Maine was founded in 1979 as a small, family owned electronics retailer in Maine. We have since grown into different states in the northeast region, but our commitment to our customers and outstanding customer service has not changed.

Providing for our customers is our top priority. Our knowledgeable staff is waiting to help you find the right electronics to meet your needs.

1206 Abe's of Maine Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 28, 2019

Updated on 05/01/2019: My worries were unfounded. I did have to make a call to confirm my purchase at which time the rep did ask me if I wanted an additional battery but it was by no means a hard sell. ONE DAY later my camera arrived and all is good. Their price cannot be beat and coupled with the service they deserve 5 stars!

Original Review: Price can't be beat and my only reservation is the numerous negative reviews. I don't want any calls trying to upsell me, I don't want to hear it's back ordered as the site says in stock. My fears are probably misfounded. If this works like it's supposed to, order camera, pay for camera, receive new camera in excellent condition, then I'd revise this to five stars

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Purchase of Tamron Lens on Mon 4/22/19. I called on Monday morning and ordered the lens. I talked to Adam who really knew his cameras and gave me some great advice in making my purchase. He said he would try to get this order out ASAP but would make no guarantees on how fast it would be delivered. Yes... I am in PA but I was very amazed when the UPS deliveryman came by midafternoon the next day with my lens and accessories. Wow... I had free shipping and it only took one day. Thumbs up for Abe's... I had one of the best buying experiences ever with them plus I saved $150 on this lens. It has not been this low ever even on Amazon.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I brought Nikon 810 Body, Kit and Lens. Experience was good. But I was mislead with the options mentioned on the website while buying. I want to buy all the three Body, lens and kit and the options between Lens and kit were mutually exclusive. So when I select body (was default), Lens and Kit, only kit got activated and lens missed so I had to order again. So when I got the package I was expecting 3 but I got only 2. Why can't you bundle all the 3 is my suggestion.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I placed my order online, giving my Visa number. The order included free delivery. I received a call from Abe's saying there would be a $550 charge for handling and insurance. This made me nervous as to whether this was a legitimate business (I'd had a bad experience years earlier). Didn't help that shipping was via AM Home Delivery, which I'd never heard of. Why 5 stars? Because at the end of the day I received what I ordered at a good price, despite my initial misgivings about the delivery cost. As for AM, can't say enough about the helpful, courteous delivery guys. If you're not thin skinned, Abe's can save you money.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Purchase of a 65 in LG TV set - Your ad does not show the TVs Model Year. I called the store and was told that all TVs for sale were 2018 Models, absolutely no 2017 Models were in stock. In my purchase order I specified to be 2018 Model. If for any reason, the TV Model year was 2017, you should consider my Order Cancelled. Please, send me an e-mail, in the instance that you had to cancel the order! In the past, I have bought cameras and lenses from you. Was always very satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I don't really have a whole lot to say. Ask me again when the camera arrives. But the website was easy to navigate and the price was good. However, I had a coupon code for $15 off if I spent over $400, and my camera cost $439. My coupon code was rejected. "Coupon not valid for this total." Now, I'm just a hillbilly English major, but still, I'm pretty sure $439 is more than $400. Thanks, y'all.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Painless process; with a nice inventory selection. Abe's reputation and online reviews sealed my decision to buy from you vs. some other retailers. Hope ground shipping is quick; I am anxious. Looking forward to becoming a regular/repeat customer. Easy to navigate web page with items from beginner to pro.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I love the prices that are offered and the website is very easy to navigate. I will definitely be purchasing more from this company and recommend it to a friend in the future. I love the vast inventory and so many options to choose from.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I have just ordered my first product with you, so I cannot give a review as yet, beyond neutral. Web ordering process was satisfactory. Price seems good. Will wait and see how things go with delivery, etc. Wish there was someone available by phone on Saturdays. Today is tax free weekend in MA.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Have been looking at this camera for some time and finally decided to invest! I hope it will be a good purchase. Thanks for making it easy. I'm looking forward to taking lots of photos. Others should check the website too!

Abe's of Maine expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1979 as an electronics retailer, Abe's of Maine has expanded to offer a complete line of appliances, camera equipment and other consumer electronics. Despite the name, their store location is in Linden, NJ.

• Fast shipping times: Most products ship within 24-48 hours, allowing for a very quick delivery compared to the industry standard of 1-3 weeks.

• Three year extended warranties: The Abe's of Maine extended warranty includes the original manufacturers warranty for the first year, and matches that level of service for the remaining coverage period.

• Flexible payment options: At Abe's of Maine you are able to pay with cash, credit or Paypal.

• Free shipping: For regular freight with a 6-8 day delivery time, shipping is free.

• Expansive catalog: Not only does Abe's of Maine carry all major brands, they also have several models from each brand.

• Best for: Frugal shoppers and big families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs