Call now
  • 1 star
Based on 188 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call now

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Abe’s of Maine was founded in 1979 as a small, family owned electronics retailer in Maine. We have since grown into different states in the northeast region, but our commitment to our customers and outstanding customer service has not changed.

Providing for our customers is our top priority. Our knowledgeable staff is waiting to help you find the right electronics to meet your needs.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

473 Abe's of Maine Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

While looking for a nice camera with reasonable price, I came across this site and I immediately found the camera I wanted and the price was just good to be true. Truly, I have been looking all over the place, checking websites and visiting stores in order to find a nice camera but to no avail. This site just did it for me.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

The process could not have been easier. I shopped around for months looking for this Canon lens and nobody beat Abe's price along with their financing. I am looking forward to purchasing more from Abe's due to their selection and price. I hope the shipping and product are as top notch as their purchasing.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Ordered a projector from their website and two days later called in to check on the status because I haven't received any update via email on the order. How fortunately I was by calling them! I found out that the one listed on their website was a grey market item, with no US warranty, but this info was not listed on their website. The item is listed as "New" with exactly same model number as listed on manufacturer website.

The customer service rep was pushing me really hard to ask me to pay extra to buy US warranty from them. I then said the original manufacturer warranty should be good enough. That's when the customer service rep disclosed to me that the item is a grey market item carrying no warranty at all. Then the customer service rep was trying to let me pay $300 extra to get their so called "US Model". What a bait and switch... That customer service rep was so rude that at one point I was even thinking this rep was paid by Abe's of Maine's competitor to piss off customers and get Abe's of Maine out business on purpose...

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

LG OLED TV 65 c7 - Just ordered this TV but purchased another TV 3 years ago from your company. The other was a Samsung smart 42 inch TV which has performed very well for me. Both TVs were priced below competitors. I will definitely recommend Abe's of Maine to my friends in the future as I did with the last one I purchased. Hopefully I will receive my new within 7 days.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Everything was very easy. Looking forward to getting my TV in about a week! I plan on making other purchases from this company in the future. I certainly hope that there will be no problems with the order but based on the ease of the online purchase I am not anticipating any problems.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

My experience so far is exceptional. I plan to take my videography business to the next level this year and I'm so happy I found this site. The prices are awesome, the financing is awesome. What more can I say? I will giving Abe's of Maine my business from now on.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

The is my first time shopping with Abe's of Maine. The prices are great and like others, I hope it isn't too good to be true. I look forward to receiving our new Samsung 65' TV. We have searched other retailers and they are priced much higher.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

We searched the camera on the website to be exceptional and carry the brand names. Easy to use site with great pricing. Much better price than others, we'll wait to see if the camera (Nikon D500) is as good as advertised!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Great price and much better price than Best Buy while other stores did not carry the TV. I have seen that consumer reports rates your website very highly and I feel comfortable ordering my tv from your website.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I was trying to get through to a rep for over an hour. I finally was placed on hold. Waited 32 minutes for someone to answer. Then told I have wrong department. Took another 30 mins to get the correct person to answer my questions.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I ordered a lens from you because some of the other contractors made it too difficult to search and the price was too high. I found myself viewing way too many screens. Quite frustrating. You folks keep up the good work and it should result in many repeat customers.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Ordered a camera in retail box from Abe's. Got the camera with the Sony provided components. But got a call before shipping from sales suggesting I get an extra battery and charger. So I went from 849 to $918 expecting I would now have two batteries and two chargers. Not so. They explained that the $849 was for the body only. Now, I don't know how you could sell a retail camera system which clearly lists the components including camera, battery and charger without the components. This is just a trick. So if Abe's calls you back suggesting you add some parts... forget it. That's their opening to jack up the charges. Won't be going there anymore!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Called customer service first to confirm warranty procedures since I live out of state. CS Rep was good to work with and knowledgeable. Ordering product online was easy and self explanatory. Looked online to find reviews on Abe’s of Maine and was satisfied with my findings.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

My experience with Abe's have been nothing but stellar! I bought a top of the line product for less than half price! Definitely feel good doing business with Abe's Maine.com! Just made a purchase on another great product for a great price!!! THANKS!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Abe’s of Maine is exceptional. Easy to use site with fantastic pricing. I’ve used them in the past and their customer service is second to none. Excellent selection as well. With the additional bonus of free shipping, it’s really a no brainer.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

This is the second time I am buying a camera from Abe's of Maine and I was satisfied the first time and that is why I am buying again from them. You have the best prices for Canon cameras when I do my research for a camera. I also bought a camera for my brother.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I was able to find the camera I wanted, and order along with 3 year full protection warranty, no problems! It was very easy, I would order from them again. I will update this review when I receive my camera. I expect all to be delivered as promised. The other thing was a very easy process to use their financing.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

A great selection. Very easy checkout. everything in stock. Will be back. This will be first place I check next time. Much better than Adorama or B&H. Never thought of checking here but very glad I did. Definitely highly recommend. Love that Free Shipping.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I am blown away with the pricing/$$$ savings by buying from Abe's of Maine. I must say that I am a little skeptical because the price is so much lower than anywhere else that I have shopped online. I hope this is not too good to be true.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

The online ordering and financing is great. I'll wait to see if the camera is as good as advertised! If so, Abe's is my "go to" retailer! If not, then I will continue my search for reasonably priced quality photo equipment.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

The price was much lower than I was able to get anywhere else. I will need to be involved in know the arrival date in order to be available to sign for the package as well as the shipper so I can get notifications on my phone or email.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I was searching all over for a Nikon D850 and Abe's of Maine just happened to have one! Granted it was more than the list price, however for such a sought after item, I thought it was fair. I will add another review of Abe's of Maine once I get the item and inspect it. For ease of ordering and having the product, I will give it 5 stars.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

We have made multiple purchases of our family TVs and Cameras over 20 years. Excellent experience and service and product domain knowledge. Will consider again with new receiver needs early in 2018 to complete our new home construction.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Great price on the Canon T7i DSLR. This was a Christmas special at a price that was below all other main retailers I checked that I trust! Easy online shopping with 6 months interest free. Free shipping as well. Could not be a better experience.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I ordered online a Zeiss Batis lens from this company advertise online on sale, I received an email followed by a message on my telephone on New Year’s Day January 1, 2018 stating to call them back to complete the purchase, from JEFF **. I did call back and spoke to Jeff **. He tried to sell the lens for more money. In his statements for the advertised price, it only comes with the lens and nothing else, no lens hood and case (which normally comes in the box when purchasing a new Zeiss lens).

Right away I sense that this not a good company to deal with. So I told JEFF ** to cancel my order. He informed me, that there will be a 15% order cancellation fee (which is not even completed as per the email) and, I protested about the fee, and told him that I am going to call my credit company, he arrogantly told me that they will win the case anyway and after a month will see the charges in my account. I see this as a scam to make money no matter how. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Have been buying camera gears on and off for the last 5-6 years here at Abe's of Maine. Every time when I need something I can almost certain that I can get the best deal from here. Happy customer returns. I am buying a new camera system this time and I expect the same very happy experience as well.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Looked at a dozen sites in search for the best price. Easy site to use and navigate. The prices are the best on the internet that I have found. Large selection offered. Will purchase again from Abe's.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I would have bought many more accessories (backup batteries, memory cards, etc.) had more been available. Also, I would like to see more detailed product descriptions, both in specifications and in what all is included with each item (e.g. lens hood, flash unit, battery recharger, etc.). Overall, I bought the equipment here because I saved about $500 on the total package.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

LG 86SJ9570: We were hesitant to order from this company based upon the reviews. Minutes after the order was submitted my wife called to confirm the order and correct a zip code typo. She was immediately told that the unit was a "foreign" unit, but Abe's would sell us the American unit, take care of shipping and throw in a free wall mount for an additional $900,00. I told my wife to cancel the order. The salesperson wanted to speak to me. I told her that everything in the negative reviews was true and I was not going to waste my time. He then told my wife I didn't have the balls to talk to him! Every negative thing we read about Abe's of Maine appears to be true. STAY AWAY. STAY FAR AWAY. RIPOFF AND RUDE. BAIT AND SWITCH. WOULD MAKE A GREAT CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

You have already bought the perfect Samsung television for your family and just need that perfect accessory to complete the entertainment experience. Abe's of Maine's solid reputation and ability to offer customized accessories for the movie and audio enthusiast got my attention particularly with the Samsung 2.1-Channel Soundbar w/ 6-1/2" Wireless Subwoofer.

I like its compact design and support for bluetooth devices. I also appreciate the fact that you can move the wireless speaker around the room. Support for Bluetooth means that this product is designed for someone like me who wants the best sound experience and the freedom to change my entertainment setup as needed. I recommend this device for anyone who wants a sound system prepared for future advancements in the way we consume audio. http://www.abesofmaine.com/Samsung_2_1-Channel_Soundbar_w_6-1_2_Wireless_Subwoofer_1000431.html

Abe's of Maine expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1979 as an electronics retailer, Abe's of Maine has expanded to offer a complete line of appliances, camera equipment and other consumer electronics. Despite the name, their store location is in Linden, NJ.

• Fast shipping times: Most products ship within 24-48 hours, allowing for a very quick delivery compared to the industry standard of 1-3 weeks.

• Three year extended warranties: The Abe's of Maine extended warranty includes the original manufacturers warranty for the first year, and matches that level of service for the remaining coverage period.

• Flexible payment options: At Abe's of Maine you are able to pay with cash, credit or Paypal.

• Free shipping: For regular freight with a 6-8 day delivery time, shipping is free.

• Expansive catalog: Not only does Abe's of Maine carry all major brands, they also have several models from each brand.

• Best for: Frugal shoppers and big families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Abe's of Maine Company Information

www.abesofmaine.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use