2. Homeowners
  3. Appliance Stores
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Edison, NJ

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.15/5

Abe’s of Maine was founded in 1979 as a small, family owned electronics retailer in Maine. We have since grown into different states in the northeast region, but our commitment to our customers and outstanding customer service has not changed.

Providing for our customers is our top priority. Our knowledgeable staff is waiting to help you find the right electronics to meet your needs.

Abe's of Maine Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Last week the fine folks at Abe's sent my order and got it here fast. Before sending it, they called to confirm the correctness of the order and shipping information and to see if there was anything else I would need with the order. I've read reviews that listed complaints about up-selling and pressure but I most certainly did not experience that. Michael helped me get a few more things I really did need with my purchase. In the end, I spent less than I would have anywhere else, got exactly what I wanted and needed, felt like a valued customer, and shipping was just as fast as it could be. Today I am writing this review as a returning, happy customer. I am thoroughly pleased with Abe's of Maine!

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Great prices but descriptions of products are lacking. Something causes me to feel like this site is a bit shady. Not sure what it is and this may seem a bit unfair as a review since I have no reason to assume so...yet. I gave it 5 stars because of the prices but have yet to see if the 1 star reviews are valid. I am sure they won't allow me to edit this after I submit but I hope I don't have to contact them in a week to find out where my order is. If I can edit later I will update.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Updated on 05/01/2019: My worries were unfounded. I did have to make a call to confirm my purchase at which time the rep did ask me if I wanted an additional battery but it was by no means a hard sell. ONE DAY later my camera arrived and all is good. Their price cannot be beat and coupled with the service they deserve 5 stars!

Original Review: Price can't be beat and my only reservation is the numerous negative reviews. I don't want any calls trying to upsell me, I don't want to hear it's back ordered as the site says in stock. My fears are probably misfounded. If this works like it's supposed to, order camera, pay for camera, receive new camera in excellent condition, then I'd revise this to five stars

Original review: April 23, 2019

Purchase of Tamron Lens on Mon 4/22/19. I called on Monday morning and ordered the lens. I talked to Adam who really knew his cameras and gave me some great advice in making my purchase. He said he would try to get this order out ASAP but would make no guarantees on how fast it would be delivered. Yes... I am in PA but I was very amazed when the UPS deliveryman came by midafternoon the next day with my lens and accessories. Wow... I had free shipping and it only took one day. Thumbs up for Abe's... I had one of the best buying experiences ever with them plus I saved $150 on this lens. It has not been this low ever even on Amazon.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Checkout was a little weird. There is no clear instructions as to how to complete the purchase after you are approved for the credit. On a fluke I just tried the application process again and it worked. Otherwise I would have had to wait a couple of days. You should put a note about this on your site. ALSO you misprinted the Synchrony application phone line. The number begins as 877, but you have it listed as 887 which is an invalid phone number. Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

I just placed my order, so it's a little early, but it was very easy to order and get what I want. I can't wait for my new camera to arrive! I just ordered! I have no opinion yet - you guys should wait until I actually get my order to ask me how much I like it. I've done a lot of research, and I am sure this camera will be great, but I hesitate to rate it until I actually see it.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Hi there, Disappointed phones closed at 4. I called at 402 not knowing. If I waited until Sunday Valentine's day sale prices would have changed. Hoping camera will allow optional remote to trigger via phone app. Great pricing. Always thought B&H was lowest. No more. Was also hoping for something to be added at no cost being first time buyer. UV filter, cleaning kit, something like that. Thanks for great website and products.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I'm usually a bit anxious making online purchases from overseas. This shopping experience with Abe's Camera was unusually smooth. Particularly pleased with how the shopping cart listed APO AP as a valid billing address! Hoping for US Priority Mail as preferred means of shipping my new camera.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Best online deal I found! Thanks so much, hoping the product is legit! Nikon 500 is a top of the line wildlife camera and I hope it remains true. Thanks again and have a great day! I appreciate the deal!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Ordered a lenses in Dec. Within few days got a call - snappy gentleman clearly attempted to up sell stuff which after I declined - told me the lens is on back order - I expressed I have no problem waiting - after waiting for 2 months I checked the status and appears that order got cancelled without any warning...or notice. Very upsetting, I am ok with up selling, I am ok with rude clearly commission driven sales stuff and playing the "game" - but it is unacceptable where a seller just quietly cancels an order without any explanation.

Abe's of Maine expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1979 as an electronics retailer, Abe's of Maine has expanded to offer a complete line of appliances, camera equipment and other consumer electronics. Despite the name, their store location is in Linden, NJ.

• Fast shipping times: Most products ship within 24-48 hours, allowing for a very quick delivery compared to the industry standard of 1-3 weeks.

• Three year extended warranties: The Abe's of Maine extended warranty includes the original manufacturers warranty for the first year, and matches that level of service for the remaining coverage period.

• Flexible payment options: At Abe's of Maine you are able to pay with cash, credit or Paypal.

• Free shipping: For regular freight with a 6-8 day delivery time, shipping is free.

• Expansive catalog: Not only does Abe's of Maine carry all major brands, they also have several models from each brand.

• Best for: Frugal shoppers and big families.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team