Edison, NJ

4.5/5 (146 ratings)

About Abe's of Maine

Abe’s of Maine is a family-owned electronics retailer that sells an array of discounted products, including cameras, TVs and home appliances, online and in person. The company has limited store locations, but you can shop its online inventory and get free shipping anywhere in the U.S.

Pros

• Finds rebates and savings for you
  • Free shipping across the U.S.
  • Financing available

Cons

• Not authorized by some brands
  • Refurbished products can be risky

Bottom Line

Abe’s of Maine is an electronics retailer that sells discounted computers, appliances, TVs, cameras and more. The company offers in-store services in select locations and has an online store that ships across the U.S.

Top Abe's of Maine Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I could not believe it, they offered a Canon 5DS camera $99 cheaper than the NY super store, It was no brainer, I got it on the spot as I do not pay tax coming from Or...I will fo...

Verified

I love your website. It is very easy to navigate and informative. I just ordered my Nikon camera and I am very excited to start using it once it arrives. I have been checking pric...

What is Abe’s of Maine?

Abe’s of Maine is an electronics retailer that sells new, factory-fresh and refurbished products, including cameras and photography accessories, TVs, home appliances, speakers and other audio equipment and more. The company carries a variety of brand names online and in-store; it’s important to note, however, that it’s not authorized by several brands, meaning your products might not come with warranties.

Abe’s of Maine’s products

According to its website, Abe’s of Maine’s bargain-hunts for electronics. While some of its inventory is new, much of it’s factory-refurbished. When browsing its website, make sure you read the descriptions carefully so you know the condition of the product and whether or not it’s warrantied.

If you buy imported items from Abe’s of Maine, you won’t get a warranty, and you might not be able to get your product serviced — it’s also possible you won’t be able to update the software or firmware. (Also, note that if you buy a camera labeled as “body only,” this typically means the camera comes without a lens.)

Abe’s of Maine costs

Abe’s of Maine boasts savings of up to 50% off competitor prices, and its website offers coupons and rebates on top of existing product discounts. Product costs vary by category but typically range from $100 to $5,000 (though some high-end camera lenses cost $15,000 to $25,000). The company also offers free shipping and financing options for most products and no sales tax outside of New Jersey.

Abe’s of Maine FAQ

Is Abe’s of Maine an authorized Nikon or Canon dealer?
No, Abe’s of Maine is not an authorized Nikon or Canon dealer, which means products from these brands might not be covered by a manufacturer’s warranty. Authorized products will have an “Authorized Dealer” logo on the Abe’s of Maine product page.
Where is Abe’s of Maine located?
Abe’s of Maine is located in Linden, New Jersey, and the company has an online store that ships all over the U.S.
Is Abe’s of Maine an authorized Sony dealer?
Abe’s of Maine is not an authorized Sony dealer. You can still purchase Sony products from the Abe’s of Maine website, but they might not be backed by Sony’s warranty.

Is Abe’s of Maine legit?

Abe’s of Maine is a legitimate business that’s been operating since 1979 and has several certifications. However, you should be vigilant about reading the fine print when purchasing from its site so you don’t get stuck with products that can’t be serviced or upgraded.

Abe's of Maine Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abe's of Maine?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I love you guys!!! Back when I made the switch to digital in 2007 I got my first Nikon D60 from you guys! It has severed me well way beyond its years. Great customer service, and quality products. Thank you. All my camera equipment will ALWAYS be through you. Thanks for being such an amazing company!! I wish I had the paperwork for my original purchase still, but alas I do not. Keep being such a great company.

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I've been scouring the internet for a great price on an LG 65" OLED C1 model tv and all the other places have been around the same price... a few hundred off here or there. Abe's though had an amazing price with free shipping. You can't beat it anywhere! The only issue I had was not being able to find the model on the website using the filters. If you're looking for the same tv, just search the website for OLED65C1PUB. I'm not sure how many more are in stock, but it's one of the best TVs on the market and is being sold at Abe's for an exceptional price!

Original review: June 15, 2021

My greatest passion has been movies & acting. I was looking for a deal on a good DSLR camera & was coming up short. Abe's of Maine had a great selection and fantastic deals! I got the perfect bundle and the financing options really helped me out! Shopping was a breeze and check out was easy. I can’t wait for my bundle to arrive and get my acting career off the ground! Thank you Abe's of Maine!

Original review: May 25, 2021

You good camprar with you, unfortunately I don't speak English so I found it a little difficult to make the purchase and the confirmation of this purchase, I got a call from one of your employees but I couldn't communicate with him for not speaking in English, maybe if if you had people fluent in Spanish it would be easier for your clients of other nationalities. I am doing tourism here in your country and would like to receive this item before returning. But the rest went well. Thank you. Amaury

Original review: May 21, 2021

I had purchased a 500 mm zoom lens and because I’m temporarily living in VT there was a discrepancy noticed between my billing address of PA and the shipping address of VT. I received a call from a rep who wanted to verify the purchase which I greatly appreciated! He also noticed the hood I’d ordered was the wrong size for the lens I was getting and corrected that. He went on to mention a couple other offers and gave me a 3 year warranty at the 2 year price. All are reasons I returned for my most recent purchase.

Original review: May 6, 2022

This company is a MASTER at bait and switch tactics. Yes the prices are great until you complete a purchase and they call saying what you bought isn't what you actually bought and have to pay extra to get a "US" version and not grey market. Example went to buy a Sigma lens at a great price. Lo and behold I get a call two days later and the rep says the lens I bought is grey market and does not come with a warranty or even lens caps and I need to pay 200 extra dollars to get the US version. They may also try to sell you an extended warranty stating you don't get a warranty otherwise.. Avoid this place like the plague.

Original review: April 20, 2022

They do not have the products that they claim to have in stock, the whole operation is a scam bait and switch where they try to upsell you, and cancel your order if they fail to do so. I ordered a Sony 200-600 mm lens from them, only to be called by a sales rep saying that the lens I ordered does not come with the lens cap, but for only $300 more he could get me that AND the *extended warranty*. I said no thanks, and he grumpily hung up. I checked back and my order was cancelled with no explanation. Further follow up messages to them gave no response.

Original review: April 10, 2022

There is no grey market warning. In fact, the item description says, all accessories included. But sure enough, I get a call with just the same bait and switch that another reviewer had mentioned. Also this grey market item was now going to take 4 weeks to arrive when I'd originally been told 3-5 days on my checkout.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Your service is very good. l like it very much and I believe you will deliver my order as soon as possible and you will never disappoint me. I like it and hope so you will be great for me and I will enjoy it. Thanks.

Original review: March 25, 2022

I've heard about Abe's of Maine for quite some time and finally made my first purchase there. I really appreciate the great price and I look forward to using the camera as soon as it is shipped and arrives. Thanks again!

Abe's of Maine Company Information